Truck Campers RVs Reviews on RV Insider (124)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Truck Campers RVs Reviews and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of these RVs.

Paul from California says:

Have you owned any Truck Campers RVs? Write a review

Voted Most Helpful Review 2016 Lance Lance 865 View Listings

I live in my lance camper for 10 months now. Overall, fairly happy, but dealing with multiple leaks. Camper leaks from bulk head when hot water is on. Bulk head sometimes leaks after a shower. Bathroom vent leaks in the rain. Real bad leak when driving in the rain. I made a temp cover for that. Interior workmanship and materials a little shotty. When you live in one of these things, you find things out real quick. The Artic Fox seemed like a higher quality camper.
- Paul, California

2019-12-29 2016 Palomino Backpack Edition HS-6601 View Listings

I purchased this camper after retiring from the US Army, don’t have time to use it now, it’s a great camper. It has everything you need to camp anywhere. If you have space to park a truck, you have enough space to camp. Wonderful for any outdoor activities, it takes less then 30 minutes to load and leave for your next adventure.
- R.E. Ogden , West Virginia

2019-12-26 2018 Outfitter Caribou 6.5 View Listings

Exceptional quality, these campers are built to order and not mass produced. Workmanship and design are fantastic. Light weight design is perfect for off road adventure or easily parked at your favorite campground. Very versatile and will fit in any garage. Great companion or alternative to an oversized motor home or travel trailer. Can be drop-n-go, with a quick setup, no need to haul an extra vehicle. Surprisingly roomy with all of the creature comforts. Queen bed, dinette, SS sink, propane fridge, heater, water heater, outdoor shower, fresh water tank, space for cassette toilet and plenty of storage.
- Patsy Buck, North Carolina

2019-12-16 2018 Outfitter Caribou 6.5 View Listings

Perfect for off road excursions, self contained and excellent for small truck. Incredibly roomy and very easy to load or drop and go. Insulated and very well constructed. These campers are custom built and not from a mass producing factory. The workmanship is excellent and the support is fantastic. They answered all of our questions and made sure everything was perfect with our custom build.
- Patsy Buck, North Carolina

2019-12-15 2014 R-Vision Travel-Lite SLRX Ultra View Listings

Nice size Camper, with everything one needs to enjoy getting out of town with. Easy to load and unload, it has all the facilities and functions one needs for upgraded camping experiences. I like the fact that it is lighter in weight than similar campers for it's size
- Steven Finck, Oregon

2019-12-15 1990 Lance Longbed 900 View Listings

For one person or a very close couple who love the outdoors and are very active, it’s great for rough terrain trailers won’t work in. The bed is the most comfortable I’ve ever had. The camper is ultra clean. The air conditioner cools the camper in seconds and the heater works perfectly.
- Tom Lindsay, Arizona

2019-12-13 2012 Lance Lance 992 View Listings

Ordered mine new from the factory. Have lived in it full time since March 2012. After almost 8 years of experience I can say it's a great unit and built like a tank. I have had a few things go bad; the 'fridge (after 6 years), minor water leak in plumbing,backup camera only worked a few months, and the warranty replacement unit wasn't any better,and the night pull shade cords all broke after about 2 years. Only ONE major issue: The jack and slide (I have 2 slides) system is a piece of junk. Had it in multiple times under warranty and replaced boards, controllers, remotes, but never works when you need it. Have to manually move the slides in or out. Major pain when on the road since you can't even get into camper if the slides are closed. Pros: This thing has a HUGE amount of room inside with both slides open. Awesome wet bath! I'm 6'4" and have plenty of room. Floors and walls have held up well. Cons: It's HEAVY! With all my stuff inside it weighs well over 5000lbs. Make sure your truck is capable. Has very little storage space for such a large unit.
- Dale W, Florida

2019-11-29 2007 Northwood Arctic Fox 1150 View Listings

I can’t say enough good things about the Arctic Fox 1150 camper. It is truly a 4 season unit. It is not uncommon for us to camp in it for 2 months a year. We bought it new and we have put 145,000 miles on it. No structural issues period. Only damage incurred was caused by other people, like getting backed into the slide when slide was extended. It caused minor damage and we had to replace the drive gears, rollers and motor. As usual, they drove off and my insurance had to take care of it. I have resealed the roof twice and the exterior seams at 8 years. I also replaced all exterior lights as I was not about to reseal in the old lights that the sun was starting to deteriorate. Exterior lights are now LED units. The interior bulbs are also now LED. The bottom plywood behind the rear tires surfaced failed at 100K miles but the side skirts and walls were totally dry. I replaced the plywood with ABS plastic sheeting and put thicker plywood on the storage compartment floors. I also put drains in the rear bottom ABS in case there is a failure in the tanks or plumbing. All appliances, heater, pump, AC, and water heater are original with no issues. I have had to take apart and clean the pump twice due to algae contamination. This is a Great unit and we kept it when we bought an Arctic Fox 29-5K. Now we can choose how we want to travel and camp.
- K. Klosterman, Washington

2019-11-23 2011 Palomino Bronco 1500 View Listings

We bought this lightly used. We love it, but one problem is it lacks a gray holding tank and many parks don't allow discharge on ground of sink/shower water. But I found a 7 gal tank from a mfr in Elkhart IN that fits under the floor of the shower, and a simple install with a bit of plastic plumbing pipe and a tube/hose from sink drain to the new tank solved the problem for less than $50 total. Also I slightly modified the door and outer trim so the door can be opened when the top is collapsed. Now it has all we need. The only thing is we have to watch the total weight as it approaches to truck load rating.
- Doc Leon, Indiana

2019-10-19 2018 Travel Lite Extended Stay 840SBRX View Listings

We wanted a light weight self contained cab over for a short bed f-350 to fit our long bed f-350 with an in bed fuel tank. The travel lite was the just the ticket. Clicket Rv made it happen in May 2019. We love it and have made 2500 miles with it from east Washington to West, from Idaho to Central Wyoming and return to East Washington. Had to have repair work from new bee mistakes. From two different incidents I almost have a new 2019. My wife is on O2 and her air machine fit perfect by the sink counter. I like the extra storage space between the camper and cab on top the toolbox fuel tank. For us the 840SBRX fits our lifestyle (retired and free to go where we can when we can) in comfort. I just wish there was a customer service for advice on upgrades like how to's for the DIY owners. Customer service @ Travel lite is supper efficient returning correspondence and assisting owners obtain replacement parts in a courteous friendly manner. It is like they really appreciate you and welcome you to their family. My problems were met with genuine concern and positive solutions. Happy camper Dan and Benjie Thomas
- Daniel Thomas, Washington

2019-10-16 2019 Lance Lance 855S View Listings

Picked up my new truck camper on October 22, 2019. November 20, 2019 we had torrential rains here in Los Angeles and my camper sprung 3 LARGE leaks...by large they were all three leaking like a very small faucet. I IMMEDIATELY drove to my dealer and he and his crew spent 4 hours fixing the problems. I was told I wouldn't have problems. 45 days later I was in Pismo Beach and torrential rains hit yet again. One of the old leaks that was "fixed" leaked again and I mean like a small faucet had been turned on and a new leak over my bed. Two days later I dumped the truck camper on the dealers lot and I said 'gimme all 35,000 dollars back'. He gave me a song and dance. I then drove to the CEO of Lance Camper in Lancaster, California. I explained my problem and I had a check for 35,000 in two weeks. MY HUGE LEAKS were #1. bathroom vent #2. vent over the kitchennette #3. vent over the bed. NEVER AGAIN LANCE!
- Steve Jacobs, California

2019-10-12 2016 Livin Lite Camplite 9.2 View Listings

I'm impressed with the quality and the price. It has a lot of room in it for a short bed truck camper. One thing I really like about it is it has no wood in. That means it will not. It also has a one piece aluminum metal roof. Should last for years. Has lots of storage and equipped like higher end campers. I am very pleased with my camper. Would recommend to anyone wanting a long lasting camper.
- Robert Frost, Virginia

2019-10-11 2011 Palomino Bronco 1500 View Listings

This a fun camper, it can go any where on a 4x4. With all your needs taken care of. Luv it. The heater works great, and the fridge can hold enough food for a week. The wife luvs the potty and out side shower for our lab.
- Greg, Colorado

2019-10-04 2020 Travel Lite Rayzr FB View Listings

I love this RV Truck camper, travels well, nice and comfortable, selling for health reason, other wise I love it. lots of storage. good size. light weight easy to load and make a nice spare bedroom when co. comes for a visit. (when off truck).
- karen Taylor, Wisconsin

2019-10-03 2015 Northstar Campers Northstar 850SC View Listings

Good camper, but their support isn't good. You're on your own after you purchase this camper. When asking for framing diagrams, or pictures, so I don't have to peal back panels looking for the frames, none were forthcoming. Just one example.
- Mal Smith, British Columbia

2019-09-26 2020 Palomino Backpack Edition HS-750 View Listings

The quality and workmanship on this camper is terrible. I wish I would have been more thorough and looked more closely at the fit and finish before purchasing this. Forest River/Palomino should be ashamed of themselves. The fold down bed fell completely off the first time we tried to use it, the screws were stripped out in the wood. The wiring is like a rats nest and extra wire balled up everywhere in the battery/fuse panel/water tank compartment, no organization at all. The battery shut off didn't work, they had a wire looping the circuit effectively bypassing the switch and the fuse. There were water leaks at the water heater and the fill for the storage tank. The storage tank is loose- nothing holding it down and it slides into the back of the fuse box/charger. The kitchen faucet drips constantly when the pump is on. The toilet is loose and it sits crooked because it hits the black tank vent pipe that was installed in the wrong location. The bathroom caulking was caulked right over top of dirt and shavings from manufacturing. The water heater worked intermittently, the fuse was incorrectly inserted and was arcing inside the fuse box. There is trim missing below the bathroom. The left front jack bracket was not installed plumb and the jack was at an angle under the camper causing the camper to "buckle" or twist in that direction when it was up on the jacks as if it wanted to break the jack. The air conditioner was only cooling for a few minutes then wouldn't cool, I found the temperature sensor installed in the cold air outlet instead of the inlet. The roof membrane has bubbles and wrinkles. You can feel hard objects under the bubbles, dirt or wood chunks maybe little pebbles? The wrinkles are around the roof vents, the membrane is not attached around them. We found random pieces of trim cutoffs inside the camper. The camper was full of sawdust and shavings. This is all the manufacturers poor quality control. Next is the dealer, which was for the most part decent other than they installed a 7 ft awning where an 8.5 ft awning should have been. I think they ran out of, or didn't have the proper size. I have verified with other HS750 owners that 8.5 is what fits. Also I they charged me $1400 for the 7ft awning which I found out the 8.5ft is only $800. I will never buy Forest River or Palomino again. Hopefully there will be a class action lawsuit. I am willing to bet the majority of Forest River campers have the same quality issue. I am going to tell every person i know and every fellow camper I meet from now on, and I have all the photo documentation to show as well.
- R C , New York

2019-09-16 2014 Travel Lite Ultra 1000SLRX View Listings

VERY COMFORTABLE UNIT. HAS EVERYTHING NEEDED TO ENJOY TRAVELING AND CAMPING. PLUG INTO ELECTRICAL FOR FULL AC OR DRY CAMP AND USE BUILT IN GENERATOR WHEN NEEDED. HOT WATER HEATER RUNS ON GAS OR ELECTRICAL...NICE WHEN WASHING DISHES OR SHOWERING.
- Steve, Oregon

2019-09-11 2016 Lance Lance 995 View Listings

I saved all my life to buy a new camper and I thought Lance was one of the top of the line. It started with poor service at the dealer and has become a nightmare ever since. I'll go down the list of things that broke. First the rear left Jack did not work properly took it in twice for repair was told there was nothing wrong with it it's still ratchets and does not work properly to this day next trip out the molding around the stove fell off the molding around the slide out started falling off I took it in for warranty they used in air nailer and left holes in the trim .the awning broke on the slide out the RV lock broke after 2 years and have to be replaced the first time I use the outside shower the lines blew off and sprayed water everywhere in that compartment. After 2 years the decals are falling off. The inside sliding garbage can fell apart and needs to be replaced. One of the window blinds fell apart the shelf above the sink fell off. I've had problems with two or three of the doors not closing properly. The exterior door has never worked right it has to be slammed real hard in order to close. CO2 smoke detector failed after 2 years. The carpet is fraying and starting to come loose in different parts around the slide out in floor the kitchen faucet broke I replaced it twice it had the same problem. The quality control of the Lance camper is definitely subpar they look good but they fall apart fast. I would stay away from Lance until they get a handle on their quality control
- Danny Sullivan, Washington

2019-09-10 2016 ALP Eagle Cap 960 View Listings

Very Disappointed, presently without a working furnace, LP Refidgerator, medicine cabinet (fell off), one of Jack's extended while travelling, 24 items to be repaired and camper is less than a month off the lot.
- Doug Sybert, Colorado

2019-09-09 2006 Northwood Arctic Fox 860 View Listings

I have been Camping a long time since i was 5 years of age and today ar 54 I still love the fresh air fun loving friends getogethers camping out over a cold one enjoying eachothers stories laughing over a nice crackling bon-fire...I will always camp !! Its in the blood'and owning a nice rv really allows you to enjoy yourself the more.....
- Tina Samra, Michigan

2019-09-07 2016 ALP Eagle Cap 960 View Listings

extremely disappointed in the quality within one week of delivery latch system of dinette drawers failed, jack extended on interstate, refrigerator doesn't cool /freeze proper, .medicine cabinet ing off mounting, shade broke off mountings.
- Doug, Colorado

2019-08-16 2014 Northwood Arctic Fox 990 View Listings

Arctic Fox 990 is extremely well built. Large capacities of water, propane, batteries and most important- holding tanks. I lived and traveled in mine for 3 months traveling the west and southwest. I’ve gone skiing in my rig many times. A perfect comfortable roadworthy unit. I’m now in my ‘60’s and I still take it out and about. Money well spent on my part for the best “turtle” around.
- Curt Franzen, Arizona

2019-08-14 2019 Lance Shortbed 865 View Listings

Really great RV. Lots of space. It feels like you have a mini hotel suite! Great additions. I really like the stove option along with the three burners. The sink is deep which is great! I also love the GoPower! solar panel!
- Jessica, California

2019-08-12 2016 Livin Lite Camplite 9.2 View Listings

We bought our camper only a year ago and it's been a nightmare. The outside lights never worked, the charging station/electrical outlet never worked, the interior is buckled and wavy and falling apart, and it was leaking propane from the factory! Shoddy workmanship and they could care less about the customer. It's under two year warranty (worthless) so they sent me to their local dealer who charged me out of pocket (because I didn't buy it from them) and they didn't fix anything! Then livin lite told me to go back to them again! They won't even send me the part so I can get it fixed elsewhere. I've paid out of pocket for replacement propane lines because they dry rotted out, same with the fan covers, and they won't reimburse me anything. They said they ordered me a propane regulator (the one they installed at the factory was leaking because they stripped the connection at the factory) but then reneged and said take it to a dealer. Take your business elsewhere!
- TonyC, Pennsylvania

2019-08-10 2019 Palomino Backpack Edition SS1240 View Listings

Camper has a comfortable north/south queen bed above cab, fairly easy to get up to loft. Layout is good with refrigerator in the middle but the dinette table raise on the floor is extended to hallway area and easy to stub toes on the raised floor. Owned the RV 1 day and flooded the camper as the water line under the sink was not crimped tight and hose let loose when I turned on the water pump. Tried the stove and 1 burner worked and the other blew a flame from under the burner, scaring when I went to grab the fire extinguisher and there was no extinguisher installed. Rear taillight has moisture in lens and dealership said that it was not sealed in factory so need to order a new taillight. Checked the cabinets and found broken supports because of knots in the wood that weakened supports and also some supports had staples miss the joints so very poor cabinet work. Have rebuilt cabinets and used glue and pocket holes for strength and the dinette table raised floor I shortened alittle over an inch so it don't extend near the hallway. Will continue to improve the craftsmanship on my own to improve the quality and lifetime of camper as it is a nice small footprint at a good price.
- John Hedeen, South Dakota