Truck Campers RVs Reviews (104)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Truck Campers RVs Reviews and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of these RVs.

Paul from California says:

Have you owned any Truck Campers RVs? Write a review

Voted Most Helpful Review 2016 Lance Lance 865 View Listings

I live in my lance camper for 10 months now. Overall, fairly happy, but dealing with multiple leaks. Camper leaks from bulk head when hot water is on. Bulk head sometimes leaks after a shower. Bathroom vent leaks in the rain. Real bad leak when driving in the rain. I made a temp cover for that. Interior workmanship and materials a little shotty. When you live in one of these things, you find things out real quick. The Artic Fox seemed like a higher quality camper.
- Paul, California

2019-08-16 2014 Northwood Arctic Fox 990 View Listings

Arctic Fox 990 is extremely well built. Large capacities of water, propane, batteries and most important- holding tanks. I lived and traveled in mine for 3 months traveling the west and southwest. I’ve gone skiing in my rig many times. A perfect comfortable roadworthy unit. I’m now in my ‘60’s and I still take it out and about. Money well spent on my part for the best “turtle” around.
- Curt Franzen, Arizona

2019-08-14 2019 Lance Shortbed 865 View Listings

Really great RV. Lots of space. It feels like you have a mini hotel suite! Great additions. I really like the stove option along with the three burners. The sink is deep which is great! I also love the GoPower! solar panel!
- Jessica, California

2019-08-12 2016 Livin Lite Camplite 9.2 View Listings

We bought our camper only a year ago and it's been a nightmare. The outside lights never worked, the charging station/electrical outlet never worked, the interior is buckled and wavy and falling apart, and it was leaking propane from the factory! Shoddy workmanship and they could care less about the customer. It's under two year warranty (worthless) so they sent me to their local dealer who charged me out of pocket (because I didn't buy it from them) and they didn't fix anything! Then livin lite told me to go back to them again! They won't even send me the part so I can get it fixed elsewhere. I've paid out of pocket for replacement propane lines because they dry rotted out, same with the fan covers, and they won't reimburse me anything. They said they ordered me a propane regulator (the one they installed at the factory was leaking because they stripped the connection at the factory) but then reneged and said take it to a dealer. Take your business elsewhere!
- TonyC, Pennsylvania

2019-08-10 2019 Palomino Backpack Edition SS1240 View Listings

Camper has a comfortable north/south queen bed above cab, fairly easy to get up to loft. Layout is good with refrigerator in the middle but the dinette table raise on the floor is extended to hallway area and easy to stub toes on the raised floor. Owned the RV 1 day and flooded the camper as the water line under the sink was not crimped tight and hose let loose when I turned on the water pump. Tried the stove and 1 burner worked and the other blew a flame from under the burner, scaring when I went to grab the fire extinguisher and there was no extinguisher installed. Rear taillight has moisture in lens and dealership said that it was not sealed in factory so need to order a new taillight. Checked the cabinets and found broken supports because of knots in the wood that weakened supports and also some supports had staples miss the joints so very poor cabinet work. Have rebuilt cabinets and used glue and pocket holes for strength and the dinette table raised floor I shortened alittle over an inch so it don't extend near the hallway. Will continue to improve the craftsmanship on my own to improve the quality and lifetime of camper as it is a nice small footprint at a good price.
- John Hedeen, South Dakota

2019-08-02 2015 ALP Eagle Cap 1165 View Listings

This has been a great camper. This is my 3rd camper and by far the most comfortable and livable with the recliners and all one level floor. The fit and finish is second to none. I took a factory tour before purchasing to check out the build process and was very impressed with quality of welds, processes used for lamination and etc. I would highly recommend Eagle Cap campers.
- Mike Hall, Washington

2019-08-01 2017 Travel Lite Travel Lite 625SL View Listings

Poor quality control, shady dealers. Numerous repairs - outside Front skin under bed separated on first trip - needed to return to dealer for repair. Tie down eye-bolts pulled through due to water damage - warranty repair here in GA was done well but dealer sabotaged city water inlet check valve by using cone washer to jam closed. Most recent trip July - Front skin under bed separated again - not as bad as first time but still an issue. Had to re-caulk top & side seams, silicon just didn't hold. Outside door assist handle cracked. Have pictures of all.
- James Fulvi, Georgia

2019-07-21 2015 Lance Lance 850 View Listings

This is our 4th Lance t.c. The overall quality of Lance truck campers has deteriorated since our first one. After driving it home the first time, we realized the hardware was loose in all cabinets. After tightening the screws we subsequently took it back to the dealer to fix several factory blunders. We then took a 2500 mile trip. Closet doors failed, cabinets would not close, two of the doors fell off as the screws are much too small for the doors' weight. The outdoor shower handle crumbled in my hand and we ultimately had the water heater replaced as there was a faulty weld. At one point I had to take the hardware off the bathroom sliding door as it jammed and could not be open.our second Lance, a 990 took us all the way to Alaska and back without incident. We are selling the Lance as I am tired of making repairs that are a result of poor design and workmanship.
- Tom Gallagher, Vermont

2019-07-20 2019 Northwood Arctic Fox 990 View Listings

We previously owned an Arctic Fox 2010 Trailer; it was excellent quality. However, we replaced it with a 2019 Camper and it’s been a huge disappointment. It’s been back to the dealer at least six times for significant repairs. It’s let us down on several occasions which forced us to cut short our vacations. We could never recommend one and will avoid this manufacturer in future.
- Jim MacDon, British Columbia

2019-07-09 2019 ALP Adventurer 910DB View Listings

Considering the cost at a little over $40,000 these units are solid but the attention to detail and usage of cheap fixtures needs addressed. A child cannot turn on the bathroom light as it’s on the ceiling, air conditioner is in the wrong spot and should be switched with the turbo fan so the bed area gets cold air. There were some missing, loose screws and hardware when we got it new. The rear door window seal leaked water when driving in the rain. There was no support installed on the sewer drain underneath, a magnet plate was missing on one under the dinette drawers and it came out driving and the screws broke out of the support. The water pump lines were hitting inside the pump area and the shower pan area making horrible noises. The only way to clean leaves and bugs from the moonlight screen is to climb on top and use a hand vac to suck the stuff out. The shower curtains are 6 inches too long causing it to plug the drain and you step on it all the time. The kitchen faucet did neck was cheap plastic and felt like it would break when you moved it. It seems to be built well and should last a very long time but for the money spent it should be inspected better before leaving the plant and corners should not be cut to save a pound of weight. We put in new fixtures, put padding on the water lines and put a accumulator tank on the water pump and it’s really quiet and no pulsating pump anymore. We put longer screws in the broken drawer and a magnet plate. We tightened all the loose screws, put a support on the drain, ordered a perfect fit shower curtain from amazon. I am waiting on winter to get the door seal fixed under warranty. There is nothing I can do about some of the items as it was engineered and built wrong. I would not say don’t buy one, just inspect every screw, operate everything and listen and just go over it with a fine tooth comb.
- Russell Larsen, New Mexico

2019-07-09 2019 Palomino Backpack Edition SS500 View Listings

There are many things to like about the Palomino SS500 camper: 1. An absolutely fantastic bed. It's a full Queen-sized north-south bed that is every bit as comfortable as my bed at home. The camper comes with a remarkably comfortable mattress. 2. A well-designed, basic lay-out. 3. The camper is specifically designed for the Toyota Tacoma and similarly sized trucks. My Tacoma handles the camper very well. 4. Price. The SS500 comes with most of the things a person would want as standard equipment. There is little doubt that a Four Wheel camper is a superior product, but to outfit a Four Wheel camper with the things that come standard with a Palomino SS500 camper (stove, fridge, water heater, furnace) would nearly double the cost of the SS500. Before I bought my Palomino SS500 about Thanksgiving of 2018, I researched various options and read reviews. One of the common comments about Palomino campers was a lack of quality control in the past. However, most recent owners said that quality control has dramatically improved in recent years. However, my experience doesn't bear this out. Here are some of the problems I've experienced in the 7 months I've owned the camper: 1. Split corner pieces on the corners of the top portion of the camper, allowing water to enter, even when parked (as a previous reviewer has mentioned). 2. The cheapest possible battery. I've already had to replace it. 3. Completely inadequate stop on the fridge door to prevent it from opening while underway. I should add, however, that this is more a problem of the Dometic fridge in the camper rather than of the camper itself. 4. Leaky water connections under the sink. 5. The battery cover and ventilation hose was attached with only a single screw in place. The other four or five screws were simply missing and the cover wasn't properly seated. 5. Weather-proofing generally. I've used my camper only three times, but the strip on the upper section of the camper, the piece that seals the camper when it is closed, has come completely loose on one side. It looks like it was held in place with an utterly inadequate amount and/or type of adhesive. I had the dealer deal with problem number one (above) with very little if any improvement. Because taking the camper, which is under warranty, to the dealer requires a 140-mile round trip through heavy urban traffic, it's turned out to be easier to simply deal with the problems myself. I like the camper, but the manufacturer has definitely NOT resolved the quality control issues as of late 2018. And it's a shame because they are making and selling a great little camper. If they would provide good or even just adequate quality control, their camper would have an excellent reputation and be in high demand. I would have eagerly paid an extra $100-$200 for an adequate battery and some semblance of quality control.
- Jim Harris, Utah

2019-06-27 2004 Bigfoot RV 3000 C30.11FRD View Listings

I love the Bigfoot, my camping trip in Colorado in June I woke up to 6" of snow. The Bigfoot was so well insulated I didn't get cold or even wake up. Once you need up the suspension on your truck the Camper drives fine. I did a new set of Bilstein shocks and a pair of Timbren rubber bump stops and I traveled the speed limit even in high winds. I had to get use to people wanting to look inside, the auto response was it's so big inside. I can't think of a shortcoming except it's limited to 4 people. Great quality after 15 years it still looks new.
- Mike, South Dakota

2019-06-12 2003 Lance Longbed 920 View Listings

The lance 920 is very well built and it has a good floor plan. This is the third Lance that we have owned and all of them have served us well. We have used this camper in all types of weather including way-below-freezing weather in Utah and had no problems. Lots of storage areas. After all the years of ownership it still looks near new.
- Jerry Dombroski, Washington

2019-06-06 2004 Lance Lite 915 View Listings

This is the greatest way to travel. Can go places larger units can't even dream of going. Lance is quality plus. Everything stays so solid...no rattles. The solar eliminates all worry of battery capacity.
- Bob, Arizona

2019-06-05 2005 Lance Lance 1161 View Listings

Great camper best quality of any we have had.You have full excess to camper with slide out in. Owned for 6 years and never had a problem with anything. This has been a great unit and would recommend to anyone looking for a TC camper. Great to be able to pull trailer. And the side door is a must for us . Great for easy entry.
- Mark Simecka, Kansas

2019-05-07 2007 Alpenlite Limited Santa Fe 1150 View Listings

Our Alpenlite Santa Fe has been the best truck camper we have ever had. It has every option imaginable: generator, satellite, ducted heat, A/C, solar and the list goes on. Enclosed and heated tanks. Plenty of room with the slide out. COG rides great and has a ton of storage with three wardrobes and a full basement. We have had this camper since new and have gone over many rough trails to secluded camping sites. It has held together perfectly with no issues, leaks or delamination. The aluminum construction really shines!
- MarkyMark, Colorado

2019-03-31 2012 Lance Lance 855S View Listings

This is the best four season truck camper on the market...no issues after 6 years of gentle use. Easy to load and maintain with a well thought out floor plan. Great storage for gear and supplies throughout.
- Vince Cherry, North Carolina

2019-03-05 2008 Lance Lance 815 View Listings

I loved my Lance 815 and my family did as well. We took it just about everywhere when we traveled in the summer. These models are easy to manage, affordable to live in, and fun! They seem to use up propane quickly, but that is probably all RV's. We are on our fourth one. Will continue to shop Lance because they are reliable.
- Jan, Colorado

2019-02-26 2014 Lance Lance 1191 View Listings

Excellent quality. Well laid out, open floor plan that creates an uncrowded relaxed environment. Plenty of storage, inside and out. Low maintenance, easy winterization. With solar panel option, there's always ample battery power while off-grid. Easy loading. Solid.
- Jason Bos, Alberta

2019-01-17 2016 Keystone Cougar X-Lite 32FBH View Listings

Outstanding rv had no problems when camping. Built very solid and with stabilizing jacks down there is not a lot of movement. Air conditioning and heating work very well. My overall experience with this trailer has been outstanding.
- Rob, Alabama

2019-01-13 2005 Lance Lance 1121 View Listings

Very roomy and comfortable. Big bedroom, nice for changing clothes, making bed. Kitchen and living area is open layout, lots of room for friends and family. The outside range is great for cooking on when it is too hot to cook inside! Outside shower is great for kids and pets. There is an outside hook-up available for a gas BBQ or portable fire for great evening ambience.
- Wendy LeGare, British Columbia

2018-12-12 2016 Keystone Cougar X-Lite 32FBH View Listings

Absolutely a home away from home, love everything about it. Great layout especially for families or large groups. In excellent condition very well maintained. Clean and open area. Very roomy for a camper!
- Shonna, Iowa

2018-12-11 2016 Travel Lite Travel Lite 800SBX View Listings

I bought an 800sbx truck camper in 2016. It is nice but poorly made. It was a custom order and I wish I sent it back. Screws throughout the camper were put in crooked. 2 years later with only 4 outings and the front corner of the overhang is rotten! No support from travel lite except to call back with a credit card and they will sell me panelling to fix it. Stay away and buy a good camper brand.
- Rick, British Columbia

2018-12-03 2011 Northern Lite Special Edition 9-6 Q Classic View Listings

The Northern Lite truck camper is truly a 4 season camper. It has been used in high temperature extremes in the 90''s and also in cold temperature extremes down into the teens with all water beings used. The acrylic Windows do not allow cold air in and have been great. The camper is also very quiet inside due to the insulation. I purchased this unit new and have been very happy with the quality of the unit throughout the years and am selling it as I need more room so I am looking at a bigger unit.
- Louis J. Rapoli , South Dakota

2018-10-11 2009 Northstar Campers Northstar MC600 View Listings

This is a perfect off the grid camper. We've used ours many times for dry camping both while hunting and also when exploring the great outdoors. The versatility of being able to "detatch" the camper nd leave at the site or campground while using the vehicle to enjoy scenery or be mobile while running around the area has been great. The camper also has cold weather curtains when it get cool out, and an outdoor shower to rinse off either people or pets. In a word its been great!
- Ken , Minnesota