Truck Camper

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Truck Camper RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Ty sandlin from Wisconsin says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2015 Palomino Backpack Edition SS-1225 View Listings

Well, first the positive. I like the camper, as a whole. Layout works. Hauls well on truck. But, now the negative. Ive contracted the manufacturer 3 times over the past 2 months. Once leaving voice mail, 2 times leaving message over their web formats. Never received any responses. All i needed was to know the product used on the 4 corners where tent meets metal. Its pulled away and letting rain in. I get many complements on looks of camper. Ill now have to tell these potential customers about lack of support.
- Ty sandlin, Wisconsin

2021-07-22 2011 Lance Lance 825 View Listings

The Lance 825 is a perfect three-season camper for short-box trucks. The convertible bunk in this model is a perfect option for traveling with children. The quality and layout of Lance campers is evident.
- Derek Anderson, Michigan

2021-07-20 2015 Lance Lance 1050S View Listings

I owned this model for 4 years and LOVED it. The extra counter opposite of stove is a great coffee bar area. The dry bath is wonderful. I have owned 3 "longbed" Lance campers. I also enjoyed the rear kitchen model. I am looking at 9'6" models now with different truck. I drove 3 states on 4 different trips, multiple short camping weekends, concert, car races, and even a wedding. This sleeps 5 comfortable, 2 adults and 3 smaller children and/or 4 adults. Boondocking and or boating/side-by-side weekends were perfect. Highly recommend a 1 ton srw minimum best would be a 1 ton dually and Air bags.
- Kimberly Z, Washington

2021-06-13 2008 Lance Longbed 992 View Listings

We owned a Lance 992 for 12 years and used it for long road trips in the Summer, and for a few years we used it in the Winter for snow skiing. It's very well insulated and has been virtually trouble free. I did have to replace the circuit board for the 3 way fridge, but that's all that failed. Having a large solar panel allowed us to dry camp 3 or 4 days in a row and not be dependent on RV parks.
- Brad McCracken, Washington

2021-06-13 2019 Lance Lance 975 View Listings

This RV is easy to heat and cool due to it being a "all seasons rv". I like how the roof top solar keeps the batteries charged. The dry bath is exceptional with a seperate shower, large vanity and a large cabinet. the large frig/freezer is very nice. Loads of storage areas includina a large basement storage drawer. The windows have very nive screen or shade for daytime and night time privacy. This RV gets a lot of attention from onlookers in the campgrounds and for good reason.
- Hugh M Hamilton, Georgia

2021-06-11 2006 Northwood Arctic Fox 990 Wet Bath View Listings

I’ve had many RV’s and the Arctic Fox is the best built one I’ve had. I really like the insulation properties. I’ve had it in 10 below in the winter and 120 in the summer and was always fine and comfortable.
- Tim Michaels, Nevada

2021-06-09 2015 Lance Lance 850 View Listings

I bought my 2015 955 truck camper spring of 2017.First problem was basically all door and cabinet slides hinges latches Ect. had to be replaced or repaired to small of screws holding them in place or just not quality for the application. Then the slide out problems started showing up. The Seal on the bottom rolled up into a ball under the pull out slides and jammed the slide half in half out. The remote for the jacks and slide is the worst remote I have ever seen to change the batterie (is a not always available) you must take 4 vary small screws out after two times the screws are striped and will not remove. Now after just 4 years of use ( 6-8 times per year on weekends) the frame around the slide out is cracked. This causes the slide out to drop 4 to 6 inches and jams in the out position. So far I have tried to contact Lance with no return phone call or e-mail. Estimated cost of repair from local repair shop 2 - 5 grand
- Darren Kroells, Minnesota

2021-06-04 2019 Lance Lance 975 View Listings

I have owned 3 truck campers over the years. All have been made by Lance. The 975 has the back door, dry bath, large frig/freezer, All Seasons camper. I like it better than the model 1172 and it is not as heavy.
- Hugh M Hamilton, Georgia

2021-05-22 2016 Host Industries Host Mammoth View Listings

The worst ever! I have owned rv's since the 80's. The cheapest of cheap materials in every way. The bathroom shower and hardware are rusting and spitting bad. The cheap shower slide is like paper. Everything is covered with cheap stick on paper like shelving paper but peels if even bumped. All is looking old. This was bought brand new in 2019. I am in Texas with it now and can't wait to unload it. We paid $67,000 for this piece of junk. The outside is rusting. The sliders don't work properly and are rusting. The cupboards are on cheap hinges and is like particle board. The toilet is in a weird spot where my legs hang off the floor for two feet or more. The generator needs serving again. The washer dryer can only hold 1/4 load and the dryer has quit working. The way the washer is placed you can't pull it out to check filter or anything. The metal around the fireplace is like tin. The cover fir the top of stove is like tin. The air conditioner is so loud you can't talk or even watch tv. Total rip off!!!!
- Beth Hack, Alaska

2021-05-18 2015 Adventurer Eagle Cap 1260 View Listings

This is a great camper if you want to goo off-road and pull your toys or go to Florida for a couple weeks. We enjoy it cause you can leave the camper at the campground and you have the truck as transportation or to launch a boat at the ramp. It is comfortable and spacious and a excellent way to camp anywhere.
- Christopher D English, Michigan

2021-05-09 2018 Adventurer Adventurer 80GS View Listings

Next interior quality and style. Fiberglass exterior is durable and atractive. Easy to haul, light weight construction. Features are convenient and well laid out. Bed is comfortable and spacious. All around great value.
- Scott Colbert, Idaho

2021-05-04 2018 Travel Lite Extended Stay 840SBRX View Listings

I purchased my 2018 Travel Lite 2018 840SBRX in May 2018 from Dynasty RV in Bunker Hill , Indiana . I have owned at least 6 different truck campers . At least 3 popups and 3 hardside models . All were a different brand . Good campers but I like my Travel Lite better. Everything from windows to cabinets ,floors , lighter weight, bathroom layout , fit and finish ,all better. What I don,t like ; small 5 gal. black water tank,poor mattress ,It will only fit a 6.5 ft. bed and you have to remove the tail gate or it will hit the black water tank . I have never had my camper back to a dealer because of distance and logistics . For the most part everything has worked as it should except the radio which the manufacturer replaced and I installed .It is a great camper and my wife and I lived in our's 6 months during the summer of 2019 while we built our cabin in Alaska . We haul our camper on a 2013 Ford F150 4x4 extended cab with Timbren Booster rubber bump stop load stabilizers . It handles beautifully but be advised that Travel Lite recommends you haul it on a 3/4 ton truck . So after 3 years I am for the most part a happy camper and recommend this camper.
- Frank Whaley, Tennessee

2021-04-12 2021 Travel Lite Rayzr FB View Listings

No seal or caulking around hole in the wall, pan under a.c.to catch rain not wide enough,flaps don't fit tight against sides,air for rear condenser comes in thru 1 inch gap above a.c.and is right above where hot air is coming out,nothing to keep bugs out, holes in the wall between a.c.and overhead compartment so bugs can get in living quarters. If you have a Rayzr that doesn't have a roof vent above a.c. look behind refrigerator to see if wall between a.c.and refrigerator has holes, if so you can get carbon monoxide in camper when on propane.See videos on YT. The dealer falsely advertised this camper having a fiberglass roof and fully insulated.unfortunately I bought online and had shipped.
- Steve Machen, Arkansas

2021-03-22 2020 Palomino Rogue EA1 View Listings

I have the Badlands model which includes a solar panel. I boondocked for 12 days last fall in Yellowstone. Never lost battery power. The 20,000 BTU furnace kept the camper warm even when the night temps were in the teens. The 3way refrigerator worked great, the freezer kept items frozen for 12 days using propane. Only used 3 gallons of propane for the trip, and I was not stingy with it. Looking forward to the next adventure.
- Christy Burch, Colorado

2021-03-15 2019 Northwood Wolf Creek 850 View Listings

Overall really great camper. Bought new and had minimal defects but working with Northwood for the warranty work was super easy. Lots of counter space for the kitchen, the dinette was moderately comfortable but its gets a little cramped with the table sticking so far out (wish you could move the table to more places). Really enjoyed this camper, fits perfectly on 3/4 ton truck
- Zackary, California

2021-03-10 2019 Northwood Manufacturing Artic Fox 990 View Listings

This was a perfect fit for a post-divorce situation. The truck camper with box trailer combo makes for a sustainable platform that is fit for RV park or on the beach. I used an 8x10 box Toy Hauler trailer for a box my Harley, freezer, workbench, and oversized patio furniture and off-season clothes. The combo was perfect for keeping dirt and sand out of the living and cooking space. The floor plan was great for a home office situation. The gas stove was effective, but I found an instapot with an air fryer lid solved all bachelor cooking needs. Having the chest freezer in the trailer made space for daily needs in the onboard fridge/freezer. The Artic Fox 990 was comfortable in the sub zero temps of Colorado and the summer heat of Phoenix. The wet bathroom was a real plus! It made for easy clean-up and shaving was a breeze. I installed a bidet that really conserved water and reduced toliet paper needs. The medicine cabinet was adequate, but it was simple to hang simple storage nettings and Command Strip style caddies under the shower controls. 6 gallons of hot water was ample for two people, especially since the bidet help keep up with daily hygene requirements.
- allen, Arizona

2021-02-27 2021 Travel Lite Super Lite 770RSL View Listings

I am interested in this truck camper. I have an F150 Long bed. Will it fit in my truck. If so I am offering you 22,000 cash. Live in Las Vegas. That’s because there’s so many other added charges . My name is Jim please call me at 702-575-4966
- James Raftery, Nevada

2021-02-09 2007 Northstar Northstar TS1000 View Listings

I like my Northstar camper, it's the customer service that is non existent and they never have parts if you need them. I was told by Billy, that's just the way it is. Be aware, you are on your own with Northstar.
- Joseph Packer, Arizona

2021-02-01 2018 Palomino Backpack Edition HS-2901 View Listings

My husband and I purchased a 2018 Forest Pines, Palomino truck camper. It was a new camper we bought in 2019. When my husband went to pick up the camper, he noticed some RV antifreeze on the floor. When asking what it was from, he was told they must have spilled some when winterizing it. My husband brought it home and filled it with water. After about an hour he checked it only to find water covering the floor and dripping outside. We cleaned it up and dried it out. We were given a new water tank since the attachment was cracked. We were told the camper was supposed to come with a one year manufacturers warranty. We took it camping one season. After three times camping, we felt the soft spots in the floor. We have tried to contact Forest Pines and Palomino immediately and it’s now February 2021 and we are still trying to get it fixed. We’re paying for it but can’t use it. Palomino hasn’t returned a phone call or message yet. We are extremely dissatisfied customers. We will never buy from this company again and we do not recommend it to anyone. Terrible customer service.
- Laura Sneller, Wisconsin

2021-01-30 1975 Bell Bell Truck Camper View Listings

This camper is absolutely amazing. You have the capability to live entirely off-grid, every amenity necessary to remain self-contained, and on top of that - beautiful features that truly make this camper a work of art. The live edge countertops and hand-painted landscape fold-down table are the icing on the cake. This is perfect for anyone on a budget interested in van life. The beauty of a truck camper vs a van is this: if you experience a breakdown, you can move your camper to another vehicle. You are not without lodging. If you experience a breakdown in a van, you may not be quite as lucky! I lived in this camper while working remotely and adventuring (primarily rock climbing) full-time. I could cook at my leisure, I had running water, and a warm (or cool - depending on the weather) place to retreat when the temperatures outside weren't ideal. This has been the most incredible experience, and I'm so, so sad to let this camper go. I truly hope it goes to the right new owner with an adventurous soul just like myself :)
- Lydia, Nevada

2021-01-25 2019 Northwood Arctic Fox 990 View Listings

Previously had an older Skyline Weekender camper that was getting to old to fix. Frame issues, leaks etc. So I started looking at another used rig but didn't find anything that was exactly what I wanted. I then started seriously looking at most of the top brands new models and narrowed it down to four different manufacturers. Northern Lite, Bigfoot, Adventurer, and Arctic Fox. So I sent out some exploratory e-mails to a few different RV dealers to see what was available. That same evening , I think a Sunday no less I received a response from the GM at Apache Camping Center in Portland and he said that he had all four of my choices on his lot available to view side by side. This was May of 2018. A week later the wife and I flew up from San Diego and had an appointment for the following morning. So we show up the next day and meet with the GM and discuss what were looking for and he assigned one of their knowledge salesmen to walk us through the different campers and would answer any questions we had. Wasn't sure about a slide-out or not but was open to the idea. Looking at the Adventurer it looked nice but it had a slide-out on the drivers side and that was a deal breaker. Wouldn't be able to park on side of street and extend side as it would be in into traffic, Strike 1. Looked at a Bigfoot they had and it was nice but the facing dinette was small on one side so no way four people could sit side by side, Strike 2. Next up was the Northern lite and they had a couple different models. No slide which was ok and I liked the back porch area and the fit and finish was top notch but I didn't care for the large windows or the way they functioned. Not my cup of tea. So strike 3. Last but not least was the Arctic fox models 811,865, and the 990. Unfortunately the wife and I went into the 990 first and that was all she rote. With the slide out extended and the arched ceiling there was so much more room inside it wasn't funny. The dinette seats were large and the same sizes. The windows (double pane) were tinted and functioned like I wanted. The skylights were a bonus in the main salon and bathroom. But one of the biggest option it had that was available was ordering just the 3 burner stove top and having 2 large drawers below where the oven would of been to store all the cooking pots pans etc. Decided on the Convection / Microwave combo and a few other items and went inside to make the deal. So after deciding on everything we wanted and being told it would be ready for pick-up in 5 weeks we left a deposit to start the build and agreed to come back when it was ready. About 5 weeks exactly the wife and I drove up to pick it up ( took two days) and showed up when they opened and spent a bit of time inspecting to make sure all was ok and then went in to sign papers and pay the remaining balance and then went outside and loaded up on my truck. Luckily the truck was already set up with Forklift tie-downs, Front and Rear BR Sway bars, Airlift 5000 airbags and 1 ton rear springs and this is on a 2004 Ford F250 supercab. It took us 4 days to get back home taking our time and seeing some friends along the way. This past year I sold the 04' F250 and got a 19' F350 CCSRW with all the same mods that my 3/4t had and couldn't be happier. Been down to Baja a number of times as well as AZ, NM and all around Cali. Purchased a 2000k propane/gas generator that fits in the Gen storage area ( cost $600 instead of 4k from the dealer ) and added 510w of solar on the roof this thing is pretty self sufficient when going off grid. Was planning to do the Pacific Northwest this past year but that got nixed. Hopefully this year will be better. LOVE THE CAMPER and the dealer was great and we got a great deal. Only issue I have had was the check valve in the fresh water pump was sticking so Northwood sent me a new one for free and I installed it took all of an hour. Fixed the check valve and now have a spare.
- Mike Green, California

2021-01-23 2017 Travel Lite Travel Lite 960RX View Listings

Slide in camper was delivered without many of the options that were ordered AND PAID FOR. Never refunded the difference for the "missing" options. Did not re-enforce the structure to handle dually brackets again originally ordered with. Made me pay for the dually brackets out of pocket. 1 year in the camper is showing definite signs that something is wrong with the camper stays(jacks) Manufacture is not willing to arrange for another shop to do the work and the camper has to be driven 650 miles with only 3 working mounting points. Manufacturer calls me 6 weeks later to tell me the camper is done. When I arrive on site (after driving 650 miles) the camper is sitting there crooked with one of the stays(jacks) pulled out of the side of the camper. I am forced to leave the camper on site and drive back home. drove back out there another 6 weeks later to pick up the camper only to be told that they just didn't address some of the items the camper was being brought back for warranty service for. (bad locks, electric heater element never installed etc) Got the camper all ready to go for a trip today and found a nasty little surprise they left for me. Out of negligence or malice I'm not sure... They wired a 12v receptacle backwards blowing out a chromecast and TV. Incredibly infuriating to work with. No accountability and an overall marginal product. Spend your money elsewhere.
- Marc Richardson, Maryland

2021-01-13 2016 Lance Shortbed 855S View Listings

Over the last 40 years we've owned all the different types of RV's, new and used. This Lance is our 2nd truck camper and by far the best fit for our downsizing, yet very active, diverse lifestyle of trips, vacation camping, boondocking, and remote work locations. I'm a guy who cares more about the construction quality then the fluffy, shiny stuff. Afterall, what good is a bunch of shiny fluff if there is nothing strong enough to hold it all up? Lance impressed me with their Azdel wall/roof construction... NO exterior WOOD to absorb moisture! The factory was also very supportive when I contacted them to find the solar prep wiring. They not only told me exactly where it was, they sent me detailed CAD drawings of the wiring system. After 4 years of use, it still looks, smells and feels new!
- SemperFi-Vet, Minnesota

2021-01-11 2016 Adventurer Adventurer 116DS View Listings

We have the 116 DS and love it! But buyer be aware.There are several issues; #1,the refrigerator does not work when the outside temperature climbs over 88 degrees, I've taken it in under warranty 5 times and apparently can't be rectified. I even had a RV refrigeration only Specialist work on it, I believe this is why Adventurer no longer makes this model. #2 This is one tall camper when sitting on a 4x4 dually, a lot of climbing stairs.#3 The batteries are junk,I replaced them with it lithium batteries ($1,800) and a solar panel and now I never need the generator except for the microwave
- Gary, Arizona

2021-01-06 2020 Travel Lite Rayzr FB View Listings

I bought a new truck camper from highway 34 RV in November 2020, paying $14,368. I have numerous issues and the dealer and company are both worthless. Ryan, CEO of travel lite called me a dick and hung up on me when I confronted him about the language. Jamie the CFO lied about Ryan's behavior. This company is a joke.
- Jon Hopkins, Pennsylvania