Toy Haulers Travel Trailer

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Toy Haulers Travel Trailer RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Tim Blair from Kentucky says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2017 Forest River Cherokee Grey Wolf 27RR View Listings

Let me begin by saying u get what ya pay for , sometimes . As far as the camper we like it but the workmanship sucks , leaky water lines , no cotter key on one of the wheel brgs. , unit was anything but clean when we got it and allredy had 2 blow-outs fist year , in my opinion they put too small of tire on it , 14" load range c , but they won,t admit it or correct it , if I had it to do over I,d pass on this one . poor customer service and product,hope this helps someone .
- Tim Blair, Kentucky

2021-07-19 2019 Forest River No Boundaries NB19.5 View Listings

We were super excited with the 19.5 - when we first got it. The trim was nice and plain compared to many trailers, and we thought we could make do with or alter its many minor shortcomings. Right off the bat, we changed the bed. Why do they even bother with those terrible mattresses? They are like lightweight bricks. We took out one side of the couch footrest and removed the table, creating more room to move around. On our first long trip, the problems started. We went down 11 km of dirt road and the medicine cabinet fell off the wall. The cabinets are screwed to the walls, and the walls are made out of foam insulation, so there's nothing for the screws to bite into. We had it repaired under warranty, but the fix is to glue the cabinets to the walls and dip the screws into some kind of strong adhesive. Later the kitchen cabinet started to fall off, and at the very end, the whole kitchen came away from the walls and the floor. What really killed our NoBo was the chassis. After about a year of use - and not very intense use - the chassis cracked behind the passenger side axle. The crack was about 3/4 of the way through the chassis, and our insurance wrote off the trailer. The chassis and axles are understrength for the weight of the trailer. The axle is rated for significantly less than the GVWR of the trailer, which I know is common with most RV manufacturers, but it is problematic. Generally, all cabinets and fittings were very poor quality. Everything was held together with staples and glue, and the particle board that they used to make the cabinets had a very thin finishing layer on it. It wore out wherever you touched it. The bumper is not even really strong enough to stand on. The seals were very poorly done at the factory - we had three leaks plus a bad window from the factory. To sum it up, this trailer is marketed as off-road capable, but it is not! Our previous trailer, a 2005 Prowler 300 BHS did better on backroads than the NoBo. NoBo checks a lot of boxes on paper, but in real-life conditions it just doesn't stand up. I've had people say "well, it's a cheap trailer, what did you expect?" But it was not that cheap. We paid $38,900 CDN, and it was a polished turd.
- Jacob Cowan, British Columbia

2021-07-17 2020 Heartland Torque T285 View Listings

Bought 2021 heartland tourque , many problems , took it to dealer for work , heartland denied most waranty work , will not buy another heartland rv. It was real disappointing when we took it in to dealer for repairs , it was only 4 months old and we only had 1 camping trip in it
- Mike Thompson, Idaho

2021-07-07 2020 Grand Design Momentum G Class 28G View Listings

We have enjoyed our Grand Design. Nice lay out. Nice options. Nice to be able to take our golf cart anywhere. Sleeps a lot of people for the size!!! No issues with appliances. Ref worked great! Nice for grandparents that take grandkids once in a while.
- Teresa Perdue, North Carolina

2021-06-29 2021 Forest River Cherokee Gray Wolf 26MBRR View Listings

I got mine June 2021 so it was made pre-covid, the quality isn’t the best but what I would have expected. We have had to change the toilet within the first month (dreaded stinky toilet), the biggest complaint to day are the friction hinges, I have both doors coming apart. I call the dealership and they sent me on a wild goose chase, to date still haven’t found anyone with a 100 miles that will look or touch them. They know they are defective just ok to have them replaced. They could also find a replacement for the 100 pound table/bed, what a waste of good space.
- Dennis Overacker, Ohio

2021-06-28 2019 Heartland Fuel 305 View Listings

We have taken this camper out several times in the past two years. We like the layout and storage it supplies. We are able to get two 4-wheelers in comfortably and a third small one when needed. For the most part everything works great. There are only a few things that we don't like. The ceiling fan only operates on high for a short time and then stops, but you can run it on low until you are ready to turn it off. The space where the generator is stored has a screen which allows water to come in and seep into the wall and on the bedroom floor. The most annoying aspect is the grey water tanks. The fuel 305 is supposed to have 98 gallon capacity in the fresh tank. However, the grey tank fills quickly and has to be dumped every other day because the water backs up into the shower. This is supposed to be a 60 gallon capacity tank. There is a second grey water tank which only supports the sink in the bathroom. This makes no sense as that sink is used very little compared to the kitchen sink and the shower. It seems a waste of capacity. We cannot figure out if the 60 gallon capacity is split between the two grey tanks. We really like this camper, but would like feedback on our issues and how to fix it.
- Renee Woods, Georgia

2021-06-28 2021 Forest River Wildwood FSX 280RT View Listings

Last May, we bought a brand new 2021 27RKS Wildwood. We have never had a new trailer! We were so excited! And then the nightmares began. First, our dealer, Lakeshore RV, sucked! But with the trailer itself—the plumbing under the bathroom sink was so bad that by the time we realized it, we had water in the bedroom. We either had to turn the water off everyday or “catch” it and drain it. Then the collar under the kitchen sink leaked. Moldings were falling off, window shade broken, storage doors under the seats wouldn’t latch, water leaked around the base of the toilet, nails popping thru the floor and yesterday, the kitchen sink while doing dishes, fell out of the hole straight down-out! We also had metal shavings and sawdust everywhere! We retired last year and this was supposed to be our summer home not nightmare. Thank you for letting me vent. Chris
- Chris Renberg, Michigan

2021-06-27 2021 Forest river Cherokee Grey Wolf 26RR View Listings

Bought it June 2020 refrigerator worked a whole five days, black water flush I had water coming out the wall, had a new entry door installed. TV had no connections to any outlets, kitchen Faust leaks. And now as I TV this weekend the toilet valve is leaking. My advice is to stay away from forest river products
- Steven Knedlik, Colorado

2021-06-26 2020 Winnebago Spyder 28KS View Listings

1st trip. Shower drains on the floor. Oven doesn’t work. Fridge quit working and had to toss out food just bought. Trailer Jack is wired wrong. Slide room doesn’t seal tight. Hopefully they can fix quickly.
- Jim Diefendorf, Florida

2021-06-25 2019 Keystone Outback 240URS View Listings

Be warned! I bought this camper new so I wouldn't have to deal with someone else unseen problems and wanted a warranty. I liked the floor plan of this toy hauler and being that Keystone has been around for a long time I expected quality and customer satisfaction as they claim. I was wrong! 5 months after the 12 month warr. expired I noticed the wallpaper beneath the table side window peeling from the wall. It was obvious this was due to a window seal leak. This leak didn't happen and show up overnight. It had to be leaking for sometime, due to rain or washing, to get soaked enough to show up. I took it to the RV dealer and the experienced qualified Technician told me the leak was caused by the foam used to seal the window did not cover the window opening correctly. He personally told me the opening was about a pinky finger diameter. I called Keystone manufacturer and the woman stood by the 12 months warr. I had sent them the work order and have not heard back from them. Evidently their words such as 'Quality and 'customer satisfaction' are just words they use in their ads and do not stand by them. It's obvious the seal opening was missed at the factory, dealership and me. It wasn't anything I or the dealer could have prevented. It was just an unseen error that the factory won't warrant just after 5 month of the original warr. Other problems I've had were faulty wiring to the furnace, which was covered under factory warr. within a year, thread stitching coming apart on the sofa cushions, dining seat cushions sewn incorrectly, CD/DVD/Stereo system faulty which will be covered under extended warr. I purchased. Being retired I plan on buying another camper in the near future. I learned, now through experience, not to buy another Keystone camper. Their craftsmanship, quality and customer satisfaction isn't what they claim. ~jerry
- jerry white, Pennsylvania

2021-06-21 2019 Forest River No Boundaries NB19.5 View Listings

We bought the 2019 no boundaries trailer and have not had nothing but problems. Second time we took it out the underbelly fell out on the freeway. It was in the shop for eight months. We thought it was fixed. Our next trip the refrigerator went out, no air-conditioning in 109° weather and no electricity. Electric outlets have fallen out of the wall, handles are breaking off. The dealership will not help us. We are ready to turn it in and take the hit on our credit. Do not purchase this trailer!
- Wendy Smith, California

2021-06-19 2018 Travel Lite Falcon F23-TH View Listings

If I had thought to ask for a ladder at the dealership before signing on the dotted line I would have walked away from this bomb. At first we thought the Falcon F-23TH was great. Easy to tow and fairly easy to get our motorcycles in and out of it. Fully loaded it rolls out of our driveway as soon as you shift into Drive. Nice open floorplan with the added plus of being able to open the back end for wonderful cooling as all of the camping we do is boon docking. I cobbled together a screen door for the rear of the trailer from two of those $5 instant screen doors "As Seen On TV" and a roll of Gorilla tape. Third year of ownership we had a terrible leak in the roof during a thunderstorm. I found out there was a factory installed dent in the roof at the rear of the trailer above the loading door that had been covered up by the crew in Indiana by slathering copious amounts of Dicor sealant over it. The dent was quite large extending from the edge of the rear door frame in towards the front of the trailer about 20 inches. The patch had weakened over time and cracked above the gap between the edge of the frame and the roof. The AC unit sits in a depression at the center of the roof about one inch lower than the sides of the trailer. The roof is constructed of sheets of aluminum about 4 feet long and 6 feet wide that seem to be stapled to a cross member (you really can't call it a rafter) made of wood. We called and called the factory but they never returned my calls. Being first time RV buyers we bought an extended warranty for $1800 that is absolutely worthless. I called the warranty company and was informed I had ten callers in front of me so I settled in for a long wait. Five minutes later my call was answered and I was told all of our problems with the Travel Lite were not covered. I was told the same thing the next day when I called. Save your money, do not buy an RV, they are all crap. You would be better off with a quality cargo trailer built to your own specs.
- Kevin Wilkinson, Vermont

2021-06-14 2020 Jayco Octane Super Lite 293 View Listings

I purchased a Jayco Octane SL 293 in May of 2020 for a military PCS. We lived in it from the beginning of July thru the end of August and have taken several weekend trips since then. Overall I am extremely happy with this rig. We use the garage section to carry 2 Harley's with us, mostly when we PCS. We have also used the rear garage as an office at times. I have had zero major issues with it. IMO, Jayco has superior quality throughout the rig when you compare it to other models, specifically bumper pull toy haulers. We really like the fact that the garage is separate from the rest of the space. I don't understand why they discontinued this floor plan, but I suppose it serves a niche customer that isn't large enough to justify continuation.
- Tyler Miller, North Carolina

2021-06-12 2020 Jayco Octane Super Lite 293 View Listings

This rv is garbage. We have had nothing but problems, it is less than one year old and every appliance has gone out. You can forget about help from Jayco. They come up with every reason in the book to blame someone else for thier product.
- Allen Yowell, Oklahoma

2021-05-30 2021 Forest River Wildwood X-Lite T260RT View Listings

Sold my 2017 Keystone and bought a brand new Forest River Wildwood Touhauler, and what a mistake!!! Quality control so bad that after first time used it I just wanted to send it back, but can’t because I used. Few things that are not acceptable: 1- The back door of the toy hauler does not close properly, from the inside I see a gap on the top of the door and I can see light coming in, in the first rain water comes in like a waterfall. 2- first shower and the the bathroom outside of tue shower was like a pond, the bottom of the sliding doors were not sealed, which all water that touched the door of the shower came rushing out. 3- no screen on the back door in which all toy haulers come with. Also no shelfs on the kitchen cubbers and no net holding my items placed on the cubies above of the couches, just an open shelf. 4- front room window does not open, it is a solid window in which makes the condensation issue in the morning a huge problem, and not be able to have ventilation in that side is just a bad idea 5- hot water tank is just gas operated, after paying $34k on it, to upgrade the water heater is another $900 6- the city water intake is connected to the outside shower, which makes me to have to put my water hose coming in the connection with an angle to be able to open the ouside shower door. 7- no outside cover on the top of the bathroom ventilation, if you leave it open and rain, good luck with the water coming inside the camper 8- back window screen is all twisted and smashed, a big gap on the window which the purpose is to stop bugs from coming in when the window is open, but with the gap, flyes and mosquitoes come in 9- not roll down bed in the back, so no option to haul and sleep 6 people, or haul or sleep, but not both. 10- the table that came with the unit is very clumsy and it does not fold away, so the massive table is always in the way. 10- no place to hang clothes on the closet on the front room, which is a joke. 11- the water faucets are all backwards “righty loosly, lefty tighty.” 12- the outside light strip on the awning is a crooked which makes the light shine forward, down, and back to the side of the camper. I will sell it in the first opportunity and never buy or recommend a Forest River again!!
- Eddy, Oregon

2021-05-12 2019 KZ Sportsmen Classic 180THT View Listings

Where do I begin, the black tank flush never worked and after 1 year I called after the camping season because I didn’t want to be without it during camping season. Waited till spring because of Covid-19 and the dealer made us pay $50 to fix it. Not only that was bad quality off the get go. Underneath was rusting in places right away. The poor quality doesn’t stop there. The water pump was always loud and I looked it was missing screws holding it down. And now the best. Noticed wallpaper bubbling and wall feeling spongy. Above that wall the skylight above the shower. Well has like 6 cracks in skylight caused water damage inside probably with mold growing. KZ won’t stand behind their product told us it’s on us sorry. I told them a skylight shouldn’t crack in 2 years. The extended warranty from vacationland in big rock Illinois I was told won’t cover it either. Very disappointed at dealer too. They told us sorry it pretty much only covers electrical. Don’t buy from them or any KZ products
- Robert, Indiana

2021-05-08 2020 Grand Design Momentum G-Class 25G View Listings

I bought this camper 8 months ago and niw it got a leak took it the the dealee i got from and they say they are not going to fix the leak 100% they going pay for 4 hours and its my responsibility to pay they rest i thank it bull shit its nit even a year one yet and i got a extended warranty with it for 7 year so what a warranty good for if it dont cover anything so will never buy a grand design again i will tell everyone how crapy There service they give
- William Owens, Missouri

2021-05-03 2014 Keystone Outback 230RS View Listings

This has been a great unit for us. You get a 30 foot Rv in a 24’ towable. Half ton is very sufficient for towing. We’ve used the toy hauler garage to hall “stuff” for my wife’s antique mall booths but also enjoy the hailer space with its bunks as a separate bedroom for kids and grands. Bath is a bit tight but otherwise it’s a lot of camper with an easy tow.
- Mark George, South Carolina

2021-04-27 2018 Keystone Outback Ultra-Lite 240URS View Listings

Bought a used 2018 240URS in November2020. Have used it 6 times since then as it is now April 2021. Wow, I see so many negative reviews on this site. We have been very pleased with everything about this unit. It isnt the biggest or most luxurious but for a small toy hauler it does what we expected. First of all for anyone who says you cant haul anything in the garage, not true. We have a Harley Davidson Electra Glide Ultra Classic and have hauled it in 5 states. Yes you have to turn the front wheel and yes the lower bunk must be locked in the raised position. That being said, no side by sides or I doubt even a golf cart but not what I have so no problem for me. Everything has worked well so far so no complaints there. I will say the bathroom is cramped for me (6 4 240) but its nice it actually has a tub shower combo. I like to grill and an oven was mandatory for baked potatoes so enjoy that. I feel this camper is a good value for what I paid.
- Richard Snow, Mississippi

2021-04-24 2019 Keystone Alpine 3700 View Listings

Dealer has had my trailer for 7 months now to replace soft spot in floor. Replaced faulty antenna. Returned it to me to find the lanolium was not glue down and wavy. Had leak in cargo door, still do not have correct seal. Bathroom window leaked. Batteries are dead since they ket it set outside Ll winter. Camper World Akron has not satisfied us for all the grief we have gone thru. Do not buy here. Extended warranty is a joke
- Russell James Jr, Ohio

2021-03-01 2021 Dutchmen Aspen Trail 3250THS View Listings

I love the trailer and its the perfect size for my needs. I will give you my top 5 likes and dislikes. LIKES 1) 12 volt fridge, I never turn it off and it is always stocked with food and ready for the next adventure. 2) The electric fire place/heater works amazing is relaxing to watch as your winding down for the night. 3) The trailer tows very well. 4) The electric tongue jack and electric stabilizers are very handy especially with my back and knee problems. 5) I love the large pass through storage at the front of the trailer. DISLIKES 1) The mattress is hard as a rock and junk. 2) The black tank flush is on the right side of the trailer and needs to be on the left so that it is accessible when dumping the tanks. 3) The outdoor shower needs to be on the left side of the trailer, that way when it is used it doesn't create a big puddle of water right be the rear entry door. 4) The table that goes between the 2 couches in the garage portion of the trailer was missing, the tool to lower the under-mount spare tire was missing and half of the hardware that is used to secure the couches in the upright position was missing and never installed. My dealership took care of these issues but it is a quality control issue from the factory. 5) Sorry don't have a fifth one.
- Garrett Linger, Oklahoma

2021-02-28 2019 Forest River Vengeance Rogue 32V View Listings

Love this RV! Reading the other reviews of other models and issues I must be lucky! I do live full time and have had my 4007 G2 now for 4 months and have had no issues. We started in the winter season in TN but have also been to Florida and experienced the heat. Only issue I have had is the bathroom door had become misaligned and I had to router out the door cavity to accept the lower door catch. I did remove the original inverter, battery charger, and battery. Put the 1000 Watt inverter in my F350. I self installed a "Mac-Daddy" solar power system so I can't comment on the original battery and related electrical system. But didn't see anything odd with equipment or wiring. I love my 4007 G2 and would buy another. Wish... floor insulation didn't end at the garage door separating the two areas.. argh cold floors. Better oven. And larger than 14 gauge wire for most 110v wiring (but it's an RV and this is normal) dont use 1500 watt setting for electric heaters!! 900 is ok.
- Pat Ellison, Tennessee

2021-02-24 2021 Crossroads Sunset Trail 331 Bunkhouse View Listings

Well a bit disappointed - we drove 8 hours to get our brand new camper and Fun Town RV was a let down - The whole experience was poor to say the least and after getting home we found leaks and issues throughout the camper - from loose screws to missed supports - the window trim over dinette fell off from the drive home- the hot water connections were loose so they leaked when we put the hot water on - the bathroom door is warped and the main door is not closing properly - the kitchen cabinets hit each other to close - the outdoor kitchen faucet leaked - the armrest were not secured around the dinette - the camper itself was dirty - the putty for nail holes filler was all over the place and it was black - the slides (3) of them are not flush with the walls - some have trim some do not you can see the slide walls - OMG so dissappointed
- Julie Regan, Louisiana

2021-02-23 2021 Heartland Mallard M335 View Listings

This is actually an M27 model. I would love to be writing a really positive review on this camper but I just can't find enough positive things to say, so I will tell it like it is: We have owned this RV for about 6 months now. The floorplan is not bad for the main living area except that the nice swivel rockers are really far away from where you can mount the 19" TV that they are hardly used and the couch does not even face the tv area. There is virtually no counter space in which to prepare a meal and it gets frustrating at times. The cabinets on the rear wall open up and have no supports so you need 3 hands to get anything out or put it in. The heating ducts are in really strange places, the main living area blows right by the back door and does not do very much to heat the largest area of the camper, the one in the bedroom really does not seem to do much at all, and the one in the bathroom will bake your buns if you are sitting on the toilet. The king size bed was a selling feature for us but it turns out that it is horrible to change bed linens, it is also very difficult to get in and out of bed as you are sleeping under the overhead cabinets. As for quality, there really is none that we have found so far. The back door is very difficult to shut and you have to slam it to get it to latch and now the screws are falling out. The water lines for the sink leak and you have to do contortions to get under there to tighten them and then they still leak. The toilet leaks where the supply line connects to the toilet and now has fallen out, nearly flooding the camper before I could get outside to turn off the water. There is a drip where the awning meets the camper and it is dead center in the middle of the door so you always get dripped on going in our out on rainy days. The trim around the doors is coming off the walls. The small curtain above the window in the bedroom constantly falls off if you brush into it ever so slightly. This camper sweats profusely on cold nights and we have mold growing in corners in the bedroom and under one of the dining table cushions. The bathroom faucet is very cheap and made of plastic and makes a squealing/squeaking sound when you turn on the water (but the kitchen faucet is pretty nice). The writing on the knobs on the stove have completely worn off so you really have no idea what temperature you are setting the oven to, and even if you have it set correctly you end up with things burning in the center and not fully cooked on the edges. The hot water heater is way too small unless you can manage to take a 3 minute shower, but it does produce some scalding hot water. Did I mention that this camper is only 6 months old? OK customer service? We have emailed Heartland to let them know of our issues and we have gotten ZERO response from them which is pretty disappointing to say the least. One would think that if you spent $28,000 on a travel trailer you would be getting a quality product that would last you for several years at least. Nope not this one, we will be lucky if it makes it to it's 1 year anniversary. I would not recommend this brand of RV to anyone as the quality is severely lacking and apparently customer commitment is non existent. As I said I would have loved to write a positive review but just could not find enough good things to say.
- Bob Waas, Tennessee

2021-02-19 2017 Forest River Cherokee Grey Wolf 22RR View Listings

First : We love the Grey Wolf 22RR. Best overall purchase we have made. The Dealership is the key ! Let me repeat, It's the DEALER that makes the difference. Period! My personal experience : The day I was scheduled to pick the trailer, they recommended a morning appointment so I would have time to inspect and let them show me everything. When I arrived being in Texas the ac was running and everything was hooked up as if I was camping. The staff took their time explained and showed me how to do everything. Then they actually watched me do it until I was comfortable doing it on my own. ( Hooking up sway bars, unhitching, turning on water tank, electric and then propane, Power awning, Fridge, lights etc....) At no time did I feel rushed, ( Side note: we bid notice a small scratch on the table,and a tear in the bedding. They said they would get me another one, then I forgot about it ) Everything worked , no issues.. Trailer was spotless and we left.. Two weeks later ups delivered a new table and comforter. Yes, We love the 22RR and even more Funtown RV in Wharton, Texas ! Yes, its the dealer that preps the trailer that's makes the difference !!!
- Blair, Texas