Toy Haulers Travel Trailer Reviews on RV Insider (235)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Toy Haulers Travel Trailer RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Tim Blair from Kentucky says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2017 Forest River Cherokee Grey Wolf 27RR View Listings

Let me begin by saying u get what ya pay for , sometimes . As far as the camper we like it but the workmanship sucks , leaky water lines , no cotter key on one of the wheel brgs. , unit was anything but clean when we got it and allredy had 2 blow-outs fist year , in my opinion they put too small of tire on it , 14" load range c , but they won,t admit it or correct it , if I had it to do over I,d pass on this one . poor customer service and product,hope this helps someone .
- Tim Blair, Kentucky

2021-03-01 2021 Dutchmen Aspen Trail 3250THS View Listings

I love the trailer and its the perfect size for my needs. I will give you my top 5 likes and dislikes. LIKES 1) 12 volt fridge, I never turn it off and it is always stocked with food and ready for the next adventure. 2) The electric fire place/heater works amazing is relaxing to watch as your winding down for the night. 3) The trailer tows very well. 4) The electric tongue jack and electric stabilizers are very handy especially with my back and knee problems. 5) I love the large pass through storage at the front of the trailer. DISLIKES 1) The mattress is hard as a rock and junk. 2) The black tank flush is on the right side of the trailer and needs to be on the left so that it is accessible when dumping the tanks. 3) The outdoor shower needs to be on the left side of the trailer, that way when it is used it doesn't create a big puddle of water right be the rear entry door. 4) The table that goes between the 2 couches in the garage portion of the trailer was missing, the tool to lower the under-mount spare tire was missing and half of the hardware that is used to secure the couches in the upright position was missing and never installed. My dealership took care of these issues but it is a quality control issue from the factory. 5) Sorry don't have a fifth one.
- Garrett Linger, Oklahoma

2021-02-28 2019 Forest River Vengeance Rogue 32V View Listings

Love this RV! Reading the other reviews of other models and issues I must be lucky! I do live full time and have had my 4007 G2 now for 4 months and have had no issues. We started in the winter season in TN but have also been to Florida and experienced the heat. Only issue I have had is the bathroom door had become misaligned and I had to router out the door cavity to accept the lower door catch. I did remove the original inverter, battery charger, and battery. Put the 1000 Watt inverter in my F350. I self installed a "Mac-Daddy" solar power system so I can't comment on the original battery and related electrical system. But didn't see anything odd with equipment or wiring. I love my 4007 G2 and would buy another. Wish... floor insulation didn't end at the garage door separating the two areas.. argh cold floors. Better oven. And larger than 14 gauge wire for most 110v wiring (but it's an RV and this is normal) dont use 1500 watt setting for electric heaters!! 900 is ok.
- Pat Ellison, Tennessee

2021-02-24 2021 Crossroads Sunset Trail 331 Bunkhouse View Listings

Well a bit disappointed - we drove 8 hours to get our brand new camper and Fun Town RV was a let down - The whole experience was poor to say the least and after getting home we found leaks and issues throughout the camper - from loose screws to missed supports - the window trim over dinette fell off from the drive home- the hot water connections were loose so they leaked when we put the hot water on - the bathroom door is warped and the main door is not closing properly - the kitchen cabinets hit each other to close - the outdoor kitchen faucet leaked - the armrest were not secured around the dinette - the camper itself was dirty - the putty for nail holes filler was all over the place and it was black - the slides (3) of them are not flush with the walls - some have trim some do not you can see the slide walls - OMG so dissappointed
- Julie Regan, Louisiana

2021-02-23 2021 Heartland Mallard M335 View Listings

This is actually an M27 model. I would love to be writing a really positive review on this camper but I just can't find enough positive things to say, so I will tell it like it is: We have owned this RV for about 6 months now. The floorplan is not bad for the main living area except that the nice swivel rockers are really far away from where you can mount the 19" TV that they are hardly used and the couch does not even face the tv area. There is virtually no counter space in which to prepare a meal and it gets frustrating at times. The cabinets on the rear wall open up and have no supports so you need 3 hands to get anything out or put it in. The heating ducts are in really strange places, the main living area blows right by the back door and does not do very much to heat the largest area of the camper, the one in the bedroom really does not seem to do much at all, and the one in the bathroom will bake your buns if you are sitting on the toilet. The king size bed was a selling feature for us but it turns out that it is horrible to change bed linens, it is also very difficult to get in and out of bed as you are sleeping under the overhead cabinets. As for quality, there really is none that we have found so far. The back door is very difficult to shut and you have to slam it to get it to latch and now the screws are falling out. The water lines for the sink leak and you have to do contortions to get under there to tighten them and then they still leak. The toilet leaks where the supply line connects to the toilet and now has fallen out, nearly flooding the camper before I could get outside to turn off the water. There is a drip where the awning meets the camper and it is dead center in the middle of the door so you always get dripped on going in our out on rainy days. The trim around the doors is coming off the walls. The small curtain above the window in the bedroom constantly falls off if you brush into it ever so slightly. This camper sweats profusely on cold nights and we have mold growing in corners in the bedroom and under one of the dining table cushions. The bathroom faucet is very cheap and made of plastic and makes a squealing/squeaking sound when you turn on the water (but the kitchen faucet is pretty nice). The writing on the knobs on the stove have completely worn off so you really have no idea what temperature you are setting the oven to, and even if you have it set correctly you end up with things burning in the center and not fully cooked on the edges. The hot water heater is way too small unless you can manage to take a 3 minute shower, but it does produce some scalding hot water. Did I mention that this camper is only 6 months old? OK customer service? We have emailed Heartland to let them know of our issues and we have gotten ZERO response from them which is pretty disappointing to say the least. One would think that if you spent $28,000 on a travel trailer you would be getting a quality product that would last you for several years at least. Nope not this one, we will be lucky if it makes it to it's 1 year anniversary. I would not recommend this brand of RV to anyone as the quality is severely lacking and apparently customer commitment is non existent. As I said I would have loved to write a positive review but just could not find enough good things to say.
- Bob Waas, Tennessee

2021-02-19 2017 Forest River Cherokee Grey Wolf 22RR View Listings

First : We love the Grey Wolf 22RR. Best overall purchase we have made. The Dealership is the key ! Let me repeat, It's the DEALER that makes the difference. Period! My personal experience : The day I was scheduled to pick the trailer, they recommended a morning appointment so I would have time to inspect and let them show me everything. When I arrived being in Texas the ac was running and everything was hooked up as if I was camping. The staff took their time explained and showed me how to do everything. Then they actually watched me do it until I was comfortable doing it on my own. ( Hooking up sway bars, unhitching, turning on water tank, electric and then propane, Power awning, Fridge, lights etc....) At no time did I feel rushed, ( Side note: we bid notice a small scratch on the table,and a tear in the bedding. They said they would get me another one, then I forgot about it ) Everything worked , no issues.. Trailer was spotless and we left.. Two weeks later ups delivered a new table and comforter. Yes, We love the 22RR and even more Funtown RV in Wharton, Texas ! Yes, its the dealer that preps the trailer that's makes the difference !!!
- Blair, Texas

2021-02-14 2016 Pacific Coachworks Blaze'N 25FBXL View Listings

We bought our trailer new. It has never been in the shop. Nothing has ever quit working. The only problem we have had is a tv connection. We love our trailer. When we've had questions, their service department has always promptly responded and have been extremely helpful. We would definitely buy another trailer from them.
- Mike, California

2021-01-28 2020 Winnebago Spyder 28KS View Listings

I just purchased my Forza this week and have some disappointing issues. The fit and finish is not very good. Winnebago kind of slapped the wall paper in the walls. The seems we’re covered by a small piece of wall paper that was wrinkled on every piece. The tow plug for electrical pulled out when I tried to pull my plug out. The screws came loose. I wish the Diesel engine had a little more power when towing. Overall not too happy so far.
- Carl Jehle, Alabama

2021-01-27 2017 Jayco Octane Super Lite 260 View Listings

Not good place to sell your camper I have no one with interest to buy a awesome camper I will not recommend to pay this website I have more calls and internet from My Facebook market place Like to have my money back
- Fredy Neugebauer, South Carolina

2021-01-21 2017 Forest River Vengeance 23FB13 View Listings

Bought a Vengeance from Allstar RV Sherwood Park. What we saw, looked right, but the salesman at the RV Show lied about many thing and we had to learn about them the hard way. Trim falls off, window valances too, the stabilizers rusted up in the first weeks of usage, the entire septic system had to be rebuilt as it had vacuum issues and the entire unit smelt like shit, literally. It took months to fix, they had it over the winter. When they pulled it out of storage, the battery wasn't there as they gave it to someone else or they killed it. They promised it would be trickle charged. Fat chance. Dealer gave us a new one. Thanks Pete. The dealer damaged the dual water heater, but covered it. Thanks Pete! The siphon on the fresh water tank was made by an idiot, we'd fill up with water and it would drain out on its own. The dealer techs lied saying that the drain line cap fell off, they changed their tune when i showed them the video I made. Then the dealer covered that too, its a rudimentary repair, it works, I still hope they have a permanent fix, but anyway, thanks, Pete. I wanted my money back. Dealer refused. The only saving grace it the dealers service writer. Pete has even hand delivered parts to my home on his way home... Guess what... Thanks Pete. Moral of the story, before you speak to a sales person, manager, etc., go visit the Service Writer and ask him which makes and models are having problems... I wish I knew Pete before we met the sales team.
- George Hauffe, Alberta

2021-01-20 2021 Forest River Wildwood FSX 210RT View Listings

well this is my second brand new forest river product in less than 6 months. the company forest river is one of the worst companies i have ever had to deal with. they have inaccurate weight information on their brochures and when you have to have warranty work done the never seem to get back to the consumer to help them get reimbursed for what the consumer had to pay out of pocket they company never has anyone answer their phone it always goes to voicemail and then no one ever returns your calls or emails how do they stay in business i have left 4 phone messages, 3 email messages and countless other calls which went to voicemail but didn't leave a message. i contacted the dealership who you would think would be working with forest river but they don't get any cooperation either i will never own a forest river product again and my friends and family know what i went through as well
- mike, Arizona

2021-01-20 2021 Forest River Wildwood FSX 280RT View Listings

bought this camper brand new from general rv in huntley il. did the research needed to make sure i could pull it with my truck. all the brochures and statistics for this camper showed tongue weight of 760lbs empty weight after purchase and a 3 day camp out it was determined the tongue weight empty was 1500lbs which was unsafe for me to pull. after dealing with general rv and there agreement the weight was unsafe and wrong from all the stats and brochures they worked with forest river and were able to get me a new camper but i lost monies with the deal. this procedure took 3 months to get rectified meanwhile general rv had my camper and i was unable top use it during that time.
- mike, Arizona

2021-01-12 2020 Keystone Outback Ultra-Lite 240URS View Listings

Have owned this trailer now 2 months, the good: I like the size and layout, private extra room with fold-up bunks, that’s about where the positives end. The bad: very shoddy craftsmanship across the board just built extremely poorly. Here’s some things to know: (1) the side ramp is too narrow and storage area too small, other than dirt bikes it’s pretty useless as a “toy hauler” (2) the bottom bunk legs have a badly designed mechanism to extend them out those things broke immediately and were IMPOSSIBLE to get a part # to replace (should be covered under warranty) which brings me to (3) KEYSTONE WARRANTY DOES NOT EXIST. On their website they have a section called “warranty” but calling in for anything leads to nothing short of disastrous frustration, NO DEALERS WILL DO ANY WARRANTY REPAIRS PERIOD. Call and ask them yourself, keystone does not back their “warranty” period, you’re on your own, and good luck figuring out what the actual proprietary parts are. (4) the storage garage sliding door is poorly designed and swings/rolls right off it’s tracks easily bashing into a small wood piece as a stopper frame which guaranteed will constantly come off having the door slide right off the rail anytime you open it with normal ‘force’. (5) the table stands need to be re-enforced, that’s another guarantee, stock from the factory the table will always be wobbly and come loose if used regularly, I promise. (6) Screws can be seen everywhere you look they are not well placed, covered, or hidden they way they should be just proves how cheaply made these units are. (7) the floor plan is narrow and causes a traffic jam anytime anyone needs to get up for any reason now everyone has to shuffle out of the way and then get resituated… overall based on my experience with several trailers, I would very strongly guide you away from keystone and advise you to consider any different manufacturer of your choice.
- Mike, California

2021-01-01 2020 Grand Design Momentum G Class 29G View Listings

Two things I like about this RV, the theatre seats and the garage. That is it. The TV is small and 90 degrees to the right of your seating. Expect neck pain. I have rated this RV before at a "3", but find more wrong with the design and quality each time we use it. Original motivation was a tow behind toy hauler with a garage separate from the living section that could be towed by a F250 6.2 gas. Tongue weight unknown by dealer and expected to be approx 1200. Found to be listed at 1500 lb. but after purchasing my own tongue scale I found it to be 1700 lb. when empty. Way beyond the 12.5k Class IV hitch. Upgraded to Class V and Sway Pro 2 1/2" with 2k sway bars. Second bath is a joke and subsequently added shelving to increase the totally inadequate storage. Only one outside storage compartment that is built like custom made for a golf bag. Tongue jack appears to struggle. Found the three bolts holding it on loosen and must be checked regularly. Glass cabinet inserts break easily. Under sink flooring collapsed and found to be stapled from underneath with no way to repair without cutting it out. One drawer slide has failed. Checked Grand Design parts and the picture doesn't match what is in the RV. The only brochure avail during time of purchase was the M-Class so I was led to believe this had 50 amp service. During walkaround after purchase is when I was told it had 30 amp service. Believe me, you need 50 amp for long term travel. Frankly, for the price you'd expect better design. We were told to use "lots of water" when flushing. Yes, you'd better else your waste and paper with pile up just below the toilet at the bend. I mean lots and lots of water needed to move waste to the tank. It has two gray tanks, but one has a black handle (two black/one gray). Either that or both waste and sink go to same. I wouldn't be surprised. Towing can be nail white knuckle. Even with upgraded Sway Pro it's butt swings like a drunken sailor with passing traffic requiring constant, I mean constant monitoring via mirror while one hand is ready on the tow brake to manually increase gain when needed. It has gotten to the point that Cons outweigh the Pro. Main bath: small shower with curtain. MSRP about 60k and it has a curtain ? We have to put towels between shower and sink to catch water during shower. The sink is too small with no counter space. If you are tall then you'd better check out the leg room before buying. The bedroom has little space around the bed. Dresser is so small and the one inside closet is severely inadequate. You'll wind up either carrying too much in the bed of the truck, or strapping down storage containers in the garage to carry what should be in storage compartments this RV lacks; thus making the garage no more than a shed. I cannot recommend the 29G, let alone Grand Design. P.S. Grand Design presents like high end, but besides deficiencies noted above, it has Chinese tires. Unknown to most, these tires are only rated to 65 mph. I had them replaced with Good Year Endurance. The dealer even called the Chinese tire, "China bombs". If you've ever seen a trailer or RV tire explode you'll know the meaning.
- Ronald Iocono, Delaware

2020-12-31 2021 Heartland Torque View Listings

Our rv is less than two months old and leaks like a sieve when it rains. Keep plenty of towels handy. Wood trim coming loose all around inside. Outside storage compartment fill with water when it rains.
- Len waldroup, Texas

2020-12-30 2020 Keystone Outback Ultra-Lite 240URS View Listings

The 240URS is a bit of a trade-off. But, if you want something easy to tow with a 1/2 ton truck while giving you light toy-hauler capability, this is a good choice. The good: well, it's a toy hauler. I carry a Kawasaki Concours (670 lb) and it barely fits going straight in, but loading/unloading is super easy with the extended ramp and I literally do not notice the difference hauling loaded vs. unloaded using my Silverado 1500 5.3L. Also, it's nice that the "garage" is separated from the rest of the interior - pretty rare on a 24' hauler. The trade-offs: The slide-out bed is a bit inconvenient since you have to crawl on from the bottom - but, you do get a king bed for your trouble. There are not nearly enough electrical outlets, and the few you get are really inconveniently located. The Bad: There is a terrible design flaw: if you forget to close the rear storage door when you retract the rear slide, the slide frame will catch the door and cause significant damage. This is so easy to do that the salesman actually damaged the storage door while demonstrating the slide out on our initial walkthrough on the lot! The dealership and Keystone took care of everything, but what a ridiculous design. I now have a warning sticker above the slide button to make sure we double-check that the storage door is closed. Overall build quality is about average for an ultra-light. Stuff is a bit flimsy. But, if you want a toy hauler that you can tow with a 1/2 ton, you understand why. For me, trade-offs were worth it.
- Keith Spieldenner, Minnesota

2020-12-29 2019 Forest River Cherokee Wolf Pack 23PACK15 View Listings

Number one I would NEVER recommend this RV to anyone!! We've had nothing but trouble since we've had it. We couldn't understand while it was sitting at home the door would pop open! Had to keep it locked and that was so hard I would have to get my husband to do it. This year we left for Rodeo, NM in November. Since being here we have had time to find all kinds of crap going wrong. We could live with the door problem, but when the shower started leaking we found some idiot didn't caulk the edge!! That's ok we have the know how to caulk it. But then...the toilet started leaking stinky, smelly sewer water all over the floor. Thank God for internet! We also found out this model was recalled for just that reason! Hubby pulled it out and it was ok for three weeks, but again it started leaking!! He pulled it out again and now we're waiting to see if it's fixed! Finally got my hubby to check out why the bathroom door wouldn't stay shut...the STRICKER plate was not lined up with the latch. Since that was that doors problem he thought maybe that was the entry doors issue! Sure enough!! That STRICKER plate is so flimsy I could bend it!! This thing is to keep us safe!! Ha...junk!! Now we're getting a terrible smell every so often, it's hard to tell from what but according to the internet it might be a stuck or incorrectly installed breather! This camper has been the camper from hell!! We're just praying nothing else goes wrong but if it does I just hope my hubby can fix it! It's just a good thing he's such a good handyman!!
- Debra White, Ohio

2020-12-15 2020 Pacific Coachworks Sandsport 28 View Listings

Workmanship is fair. Tows pretty good. I’ve had it in to the dealer twice. Once in Mesa, AZ and once in north Idaho where we bought it. When stored in sunlight the batteries run down in about a week. Nothing on, and nothing being used. The factory solar panel should keep the batteries charged, both times at the dealer, they said it was fixed. Both times as soon as we park it, within a week the batteries are dead. I would never buy a Sandsport or buy anything from this dealer!
- Richard, Washington

2020-12-10 2020 Winnebago Spyder 28KS View Listings

Do not buy this s**t.. I bought this Winnebago spyder mostly spend time in the shop. It’s been 1 year and half when I got this . Almost a year in the shop back and forth same problem. The frame bend I paid $1500 to fixed. It’s supposed to be $3000 the company paid half. The light is crap, the water line , door always falling down. Electric line is not good.
- Rob, Arizona

2020-12-05 2017 Heartland Pioneer RG28 View Listings

Great RV toy Hauler.Tows Great.6700 lbs. WeEverything works as it should. Never any problems. Sleeps 6. All maintenance done as recommended. Noce and warm in the winter and nice and cool in the summer.
- Richard Vernon Jr, North Carolina

2020-11-30 2017 Forest River Shockwave 25RQ View Listings

Not very happy with our purchase. The on demand water heater has never worked right so are replacing with a standard water heater. On our way to AZ for the winter we were pulling in a station to gas up and a tire mechanic at a near by shop noticed our spare tire was loose. While fixing it he noticed the tires had chunks coming off on the inside. As they were replacing the tires they noticed the lee springs were undersized for the camper and the tires had been hitting the underside of the camper when we went over bumps. We replaced those and the shackles with ones rated for the camper when fully loaded. Could have been a serious accident had we lost the tires going 75 mph! Thank God the tire guy noticed the spare tire dangling! And the charging stations aren’t working! Would not recommend a Forest River!
- Beverly Marlow, Montana

2020-11-25 2020 Grand Design Momentum G Class 28G View Listings

Sold our 07 Fleetwood Redline toy hauler, decided time for an upgrade, we never had one issue in 13 years we owned the Redline, thought I did my homework= Grand Design had good reviews for toy haulers, we unfortunately got a lemon, floor buckled, rear awning never worked, and a bunch of little things- tried working with our dealer to get this stuff figured out- all I seen was a bunch of young unexperienced employees climbing all over my RV without a clue how to work on them? problem with our local dealer- somewhere= (NEAR BREMERTON WASHINGTON) you are a rock star when you buying and a piece of garbage when your done signing papers, forced to go above their heads- absolutely had to go to Grand Design to explain the issues= also had to take it to another reputable family RV dealership to get proof of major Issues, good thing is Grand Design has great customer support and I was able to get a brand new Unit built, bad thing is they shipped it to the same dealership that told me I would never get a new RV and now they are holding my RV Hostage, this is just incredible nightmare= we feel like we are being extorted to horrible service, I now have to find out how to get this RV out of their yard, this has been like a 10 month nightmare= all we wanted to do was pay good money to have a decent RV to go camping in- living in the RV Dealership for non stop repair is not a good feeling, I am very proud of Grand Design for stepping up to the plate and getting us a new RV, the problem is they need their representatives= IE Dealerships to share the importance of lifetime customers, I actually told the dealership this was in no way their problem- they didnt build the RV- But near as I can figure they just worried that I had to go over their heads to get what I paid for, whatever happened to customer service? after dealing with our dealership= We are not sure there is enough time in life to deal with the stress and poor service, cheaper to stay in a Motels or rent RV, If there ever is a next time- we are buying straight from a factory like Grand Design and getting work done only at our own family RV dealership, I am never dealing with a big understaffed bad attitude RV dealership again!!!
- Cory Swanson, Washington

2020-11-21 2021 Forest River Sandstorm 265GSLR View Listings

We looked a long time to find this particular floor plan with a long enough area to house our Polaris RZR. We knew we had to sacrifice space in the bathroom area, and that there would be some minor issues as with any new RV, but our disappointment came with the use of the factory installed Onan 4000 generator. The compartment was not built per Onan specifications and as such heat builds in the compartment and shuts the generator down because of overheating. When this was brought to the attention of the rv dealer, no one seemed to know what caused the problem or how to fix it. They referred us to an rv repair business who stated that unless they could recreate the problem, there was nothing they could do about it. On our first outing in the new rv, we ran the generator for the AC and within 30 minutes it shutdown and the temperature in the generator compartment was 165 degrees with the compartment door open. Friends who were with us also had an Onan generator and had no such problem. The Onan manual indicates the proper amount of space allowances for housing the generator, but this compartment in this particular model meets none of those specs! After the generator, shuts down, the fuel vaporization is so high the fuel odor was smelled by all those around us. Because of the way the rv is designed, there is no way to enlarge the compartment. My husband is now researching a way to vent the generator to eliminate a problem we should not have had in the first place. The generator throws a 36 Code upon shutting down. We do a lot of "dry" camping and to have a problem like this is frustrating, you assume Forest River takes pride in creating an rv that meets all safety standards and a vapor locking generator is certainly not safe. This is not the first RV we have owned with an Onan generator, but the first to give us issues. If anyone else has had this problem, we would like to hear your experience with Forest River in finding a solution.
- Barbara Radle, California

2020-11-15 2020 Grand Design Momentum G Class 29G View Listings

Tow is a 2011 F250 6.2 liter gas. Extended cab with 8' bed. 12,200 lb tow capacity with Class IV hitch. Wanted a toy hauler, but one with a separate garage. Not many available in my weight rating. Grand Design's new G29 towable fit the bill. Reputable
- Ronald Iocono, Delaware

2020-10-20 2016 Keystone Impact 300 View Listings

I bought this camper new from Camping World, first mistake. Immediately I started having water leaks. They would keep the camper for about 3 months and claim the leaks were repaired. Then I noticed the front cap was delaminating and because of water damage. When I told Camping World about it, they stated I had not done proper maintenance to the roof. They did the roof each year. The last leak was where the kitchen sink attaches to the grey water tank and the 90 degree pvc fitting was not glued so it came off and eventually damaged all the flooring in the kitchen, bathroom, and garage area. Contacted Keystone and was told they would do nothing because my camper was out of warranty. I camp quite a bit and I tell EVERYONE, don't buy Keystone because they are built cheaply and they do not back their product.
- Steve Gardiner, Tennessee