Toy Haulers Travel Trailer Reviews on RV Insider (158)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Toy Haulers Travel Trailer RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Jennifer Hollifield from Florida says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2015 Riverside RV White Water 827 View Listings

We purchased this RV late in 2014 brand new. We now have a RV with rotted walls and floors filled with black mold that Riverside RV, Inc. will not fix because it is "out of warranty". This should have NEVER happened to a brand new RV. Stay away from this company.
- Jennifer Hollifield, Florida

2020-03-29 2016 KZ Sportsmen Sportster 180TH View Listings

After less than 8,000 miles there are large cracks in the frame rails near the suspension on the right and left rails. The welds on the leaf spring mounts are cracked on the left side and the right side. I don't trust it enough to use it again.
- Keith Busch , Colorado

2020-03-29 2017 Keystone Montana 381TH View Listings

AVOID AT ALL COSTS!!(Because the maintenance could be enough to consider your RV salvage) These trailers are giving people MAJOR problems. I recently purchased mine and to temporarily live in. Though its spacious and has a nice floor plan, the components used are beyond unreliable. The products that come installed are cheap, and you can tell that the manufacturer only cares about initial quality. All problems that happened to me happened within 4 months. First the fridge cut out. After having a guy come look at it, he saw freon stains under the fridge on the floor. The fridge cannot be repaired for less than the cost of the fridge itself. Then the slide-out for the garage gets stuck, for multiple reasons. One is that it fails to slide up straight, causing it to get caught and stop. And another is that the motors are not strong enough, and you have to lessen the load by lifting the section at the same time as the motors. BOTH air conditioners have gone out for 2 different reasons a month apart. The bigger AC leaked freon, requiring the entire unit to be replaced. And the second unit just stopped turning on all together. The walls are also showing signs of delamination, the lights with motion sensors stop working, and the septic fill sensors become unreliable. Something caused a propane leak which, had I not gotten home early, would have killed my dog. On paper, it's a nice design, but within 4 months, you can be out over $10,000.
- Bryce Wilkins, Texas

2020-03-12 2020 Forest River Cherokee Wolf Pack 25PACK12 View Listings

I was looking for an affordable Toy Hauler with an enclosed 12' garage, bathroom easily assessable for all, bumper pull, not a 5th wheel, private bedroom, at least 1 slide......this 25Pack12+ had it all plus many more amenities. I installed the rear camera, added more led strip driving/brake lights, 4ky generator, large wolf head decals, Alfa Wolf! Camped all over Florida, campgrounds & state parks, love the patio/tailgate. We are planning our 1st long haul across county this summer, 5000 miles. The only issue I have had is with the fireplace, would stop working. It was in the shop a few times addressing this issue, only to discover this is normal. The fireplace and the hot water tank cannot be on at the same time with our 30 amp service.... The only con I found is the Fridge is only 110 volt, not propane or 12 volt, need to have generator running to keep cold in between camp areas. Pulls great with my Ford F350 dually.....
- Kenny, Florida

2020-03-10 2020 Winnebago Spyder 28KS View Listings

To say the least we are not pleased with our new 2020 Winnebago Snyder 28k 1st trip water leak under sink turns out pipe was broke.I fixed that.Counter was extremely hot with heater on turns out hose from heater under stove to vent at end of counter was a foot short and had never been clamped.I fixed that. Battery even though looked new lol would not even break 11 volts after full charge. Bought new one.We were told pro pain bottles we full they were air only no gas.2nd trip out bedroom sliding door fell off,and we ran out of fresh water.tank is suppose to be 100 gallons now reading they are 60 gallons. And we traded our 2014 Ace motor coach in for this turd because i didn't want to fix things. Refuse to take to dealer they will keep for ever. Understandably because they are repairing this crappy workmanship. Never again will i do this
- CHUCK, Arizona

2020-03-08 2018 Palomino Puma XLE Lite 27QBC View Listings

Junk. Dealer did a poor job checking it out, so did not return for more poor service. Now out of warranty and it leakes like crazy. We fix one place and another shows up. Had to drain under lining several times. This trlr would not even make a good dog house. Wish we could get our money back. The paint on the stabalizers was a joke. The factory painted o er oil so paint has pealed off and all 4 jacks are extremely rusty. The vanity cabinet was poorly done. It looks like a rat chewed the hole for the water lines to pass thru to the shower. The privacy curtain was screwed into the thin ceiling and pulled out when we were going down the highway. This trailer is crap, crap, crap! Would trade it but don't feel right passing this piece of junk on to someone else.
- Sharon Skinner, Texas

2020-02-27 2020 Grand Design Momentum G Class 29G View Listings

My tow vehicle is a 2011 F250 6.2 gas ext cab 8’ bed. 12,200 tow cap. It pulled with no problems after what I had to do to make it so. Was excited to find a TH with isolated garage. Little info at dealership, but expected tongue weight w/in my Class IV hitch. So wrong !! Bought a scale and found TW was 1700 lb. unloaded !! Later found online brochure stating TW as 1500 lb. I upgraded to class V hitch & sway pro 2000 lb hitch to stop excessive sway. After 6 week trip let me tell you the floor plan is poor. Storage space for cloths & RV supplies is severely lacking. Main bath is too small & the 2nd bathroom is a joke. Unless your a small child cleaning up after doing your business is next to impossible. Sit on the toilet & imagine it yourself. The shower is small & curtain does a poor job keeping the water inside. The garage is great, the couch is comfortable but a small Television off to the right leads to neck pain. The bedroom is cramped with little space to get around. Mind you my wife & I are not tall & of normal weight, but constantly frustrated by the shortcomings noted above. I cannot recommend this RV. Build quality is good, but livability is severely lacking for long term travel. Now considering trading in for a Keystone Outback 324cg or 335cg.
- Ronald Iocono, Delaware

2020-02-27 2020 Winnebago Spyder 28KS View Listings

Don’t like I’ve had it in the shop more than I’ve used it .. power outlets go dead furnace went out and never left driveway another power outlet went out only had 3 month’s hasn’t left driveway yet lol quality on everything reallsucks it’s like whoever builds these has no pride in there work I should have never got ride of my cougar trailer.. Winnebago should be a shame of there product no pride in workmanship at all everyday I find things that would just blow u away .. would never recommend buying a Winnebago
- James Andrews , Illinois

2020-02-22 2016 Forest River Shockwave 25FQMX View Listings

Nice starter size toy hauler. Spacious interior with all amenities to comfortably boon dock or camp at a campground. Large garage area has plenty of room for all the toys. Easy to tow and has been a great unit over all.
- Lolly, Washington

2020-02-21 2019 Heartland Torque T32 View Listings

I wanted to write this review to compliment heartland for there wonderful customer service! I bought this toy hauler 13 months ago, used it a minimal of 10 times and been very pleased. The first few months I owned it I called them a few times and reached out for different things that I found or needed help with and they were more than helpful. No complaints from me!
- Charles Baker, South Carolina

2020-02-14 2019 Forest River No Boundaries NB19.5 View Listings

We purchased our 2019 NOBO 19.5 a year ago today. Everything on the camper was great until two months into us living in it our water heater had a leak which was a factory issue. Our walls and trim began popping off. Our windows would mold our walls where the access panels are (bathroom sink, entertainment center, kitchen sink) would have model in them. The panel in the bathroom, they left a quarter size hole leading outside for the electricity. Also our shower a month in began to dip in the back so all of the water kinda puddles up there, the shower walls began popping off as well. Overall we do not recommend this camper to anyone it’s cheaply built. If we could get back what we owe on it to get rid of it we would in a heartbeat.
- Alexis , Colorado

2020-02-04 2020 Winnebago Spyder 28KS View Listings

Absolutely the worse purchase I’ve ever made in my entire life. If you are thinking about purchasing a Winnebago of any kind please reconsider and save yourself a world of misery. This think is so kinky it’s actually comical. From window leaks to the heater and A/C not working and everything in between. Junk!!! Absolutely nothing but junk. A waste of your hard earned money. RUN AWAY AS FAST AS YOU CAN!!!!
- Mark Moseley , Alabama

2020-01-28 2019 Cruiser RV Stryker 3212 View Listings

i have owned the camper for just over a year.It has been at the dealership almost 6 months. Bought camper with onboard generator and from first time using it radomly shuts down. Its been back and forth 3 times and still is not fixed.Cruiser customer service is horrible.Yes they approve the claims but do little to help.I do not recommend buying anything from them.
- jeremy m cook, Georgia

2020-01-14 2012 Eclipse Stellar 24FB View Listings

Worse nightmare ever for 1st time owning an RV. Nothing but problems in & out. All material inside was week & breaking the couch & captain seats material all teared. The outside awning broke & vents weak & replaced. Generate gas pump replaced 3 times. The rear bearing & body suspension split in half & cracked. Poor material used for being a toy hauler. Not worth the 50k & still owe 20k & can't even use it.
- yolandamercado, California

2020-01-11 2016 Winnebago Spyder 24FQ View Listings

Had it for over a year. Very pleased. It was the perfect size for me. I looked at the 5th wheelers and felt this had same options and didnt need a pickup truck to tow it. I used a ford expedition and it worked out great
- David , Florida

2019-12-17 2018 Forest River XLR Boost 29XLR View Listings

Probably the worst RV I have had. Wall is pulling away from floor by slide out , Slide goes out crooked and changes on it's own, Vinyl coming off of I side doors ,Trim coming off all over inside , Tv roof mount stripped out on ceiling , Shower hose holder stripped out,No weather strip on rear garage door bottom,Shower stall cracking, Outside tv cable hook up don't work, Switches falling out of wall,Chain binds on lift bed in garage.
- Jim, Arizona

2019-12-12 2017 Forest River Stealth WA2916 View Listings

This was the trailer of our dreams. Unfortunately, This trailer was doomed from day one of its life. Forest River assembled the flashing backwards on one side and two years into its life it was totaled by my insurance company. Thank god I was reimbursed by insurance but what a pain in the butt! If I could save someone time by saying DO NOT BUY A FOREST RIVER PRODUCT under ANY circumstance I would. My Stealth WA2916 had water damage all down one side through the passthrough and under the slide. A forest river rep come out and said we needed and new trailer service person! Tried to blame anything he could on us but my insurance company PAID a engineer to figure out that the trailer was defective. DO NOT BUY Forest River if you have any reason to value your investment.
- Brian Navarro, Oregon

2019-11-26 2006 Featherlite SURV 7924 View Listings

This trailer has been almost trouble free. The floorplan gives a lot of space for the owner and up to 4 guests. More if they sleep on cots or the floor. The trailer floorplan makes a generous amount of load floor available for OHVs, ATVs,motorcycles, & bicycles. The interior can be used for camping with some vehicles inside.
- Wolf Alaska, Alabama

2019-11-12 2019 Keystone Impact 330 View Listings

I am 6ft and 190 lbs. Steam turbine engineer This is my first Toy Hauler TT and I am extremely disappointed in build quality and the layout of this camper. the bedroom is not user friendly at all. you will need to crawl on the mattress to get the sheets on because you can not get around the sides. THE LAYOUT DRAWING THAT KEYSTONE SHOWS ONLINE IS NOT ACCURATE. the closet space is minimal at best so you will have to keep your folded up clothes on the platforms that are on both sides of the bed. the bathroom layout is by far the worst part of this camper. the shower is extremely undersized and the drain side is soft where I feel like I am going to fall through. if you sit down to use the toilet good luck bending over to clean yourself. you will have to prop the door open or you will hit your head. speaking of doors the main entry, bedroom and bathroom doors all open into each other. if you plan on living in this for any extended period of time then your better off removing the one to the bed room and bathroom. the kitchen lacks counter space and it lacks cabinet space. during the summer months the one AC unit in the kitchen WILL NOT COOL THE CAMPER. you can plan on a bedroom being overwhelmingly hot and the garage side to be overwhelmingly hot. I opened up the AC unit to see if there was any blockage and found nothing. On side note there was poor craftsman ship with the tape job keeping the air in the ducts air tight. I figured I will just have to get a second AC unit.... but now that its winter time I know what the problem is. THE CAMPER IS NOT INSULATED AT ALL!!. I can set the "poorly placed" thermostat in the "dead air" hallway to 75 and the camper will not stay warm. I took a thermal gun around and was looking for cold spots....and I found them all. every window is JUNK and I had to put up REFLITX and the walls in the camper are poorly insulated as well. outside temp was 30 and the walls inside were 45deg. I opened up the panel under the bathroom sink, cabinet, fridge, furnace and the sink and to my amazement I was able to see the kind of work went into this 50,000$ cmaper. sawdust, screws, and giant gaping holes in the floor are just the start. the internal walls are 1/16 to 1/8 thick. the floor is 2 inches thick and the walls to the outside is 2 inches thick. I can ramble on about this camper but I think you get the point. do not buy a KEYSTONE THIS CAMPER IS JUNK. THE QUALITY OF BUILD IS JUNK. THE PARTS THEY USE ARE CHEEP I do not expect this camper to last a year before it falls apart. PS sorry for the poor grammar.
- Jessy, Indiana

2019-11-05 2017 Forest River XLR Hyper Lite 26HFS View Listings

Very easy to tow and back. Set up is a breeze. Amazing amount of storage. Dry camping/boondocking is no problem with the 30-gal fuel tank and Onan generator, starts easily with the push of a button from inside the RV. Shower is roomy, lots of storage inside the bath, medicine cabinet. The queen size bed sleeps well and there is lots of storage space beneath the bed and in the cabinets over the bed, and in the closets on each side of the bed for hanging clothes. It is the perfect size!
- Sonja Brown, Tennessee

2019-10-30 2017 Forest River Stealth WA2916 View Listings

We became aware of a problem with the floor over Memorial Day weekend, 2019. The first indication was an imprint in the floor from a UTV tire. We inspected the surface of the floor and found that several areas were soft. I removed two floor tie-downs and found wet wood and insulation. We were very concerned and immediately scheduled an inspection with our nearest Forest River dealer. Curtis Trailers in Portland, Oregon agreed to inspect our trailer to determine the source of the soft floor. We had to agree to a major tear down because the trailer design did not allow inspection access. Curtis Trailer started into the tear-down and found water damage through the full length of the trailer. According to my service writer, this is going to be a total. The cost to properly repair the trailer exceeds the 2/3 value and is not worth repairing. According to Curtis Trailer, the water intrusion was due to a design flaw where the lower flashing is attached to the trailer. A thin bead of sealant is the only barrier that prevents water seeping into the floor. This is due to the lower flashing not being installed beneath the fiberglass siding. When the sealant fails, cracks, or separates, water flows in beneath the floor with no way to see it or remove it. According to the Curtis Trailer service department, I would not have been able prevent this and it has been going on for quite some time. 36K down the drain.
- Brian Navarro, Oregon

2019-10-29 2018 Forest river XLR Hyper Lite 27HFS View Listings

slide fails alot goes crooked vary disappointed only 1 year old but i did buy it from 1 owner vary low miles just barley used can you help with warranty???? other then that Vary nice camper . just dont want to gets stuck camping some where and wont go in or out can i bring it to a local dealer and have it fixed under warranty that would be nice..
- thomas hedgers, Minnesota

2019-10-26 2016 Forest River Cherokee Grey Wolf 22RR View Listings

Company has best mission plan, but "Warranty" of list, is "less than satisfactory" and "workmanship and its repairs" are execution proof, Forest River designers-purchasers-managers, need resetting-improving-poor materials, and factory-poor workmanship, etc.Too much..To List. Contact me..if interested. Walk the talk and poduce a quality product.Please..Another wanta B..with good business models ! But what is the Love ? With the independent dealers $$$ ? Dealer needs to Back Up..Their "poor" customer FACTORY Workmanship-complaints ? Really !
- Walter Hoo, Arizona

2019-10-25 2017 Riverside RV Retro 819R View Listings

This retro was painted in the Harley theme so as Harley owners it was great. Every where we took it people would gather to look at it. It was very easy to pull with our Chevy 1500. The only problem we experienced was an issue with the tail lights. The next day after bringing it home we noticed only 1/2 the diodes were not working and the other side did not work at all. The lights had to be ordered and were replaced within a couple of weeks only to have the same problem a month later. After another couple of weeks the lights were replaced again. now 1 1/2 years later 1/2 the diodes do not work and I have learned to live with it, but that is the only issue and love this little toy hauler.
- tony, Missouri

2019-10-23 2020 Winnebago Spyder 28KS View Listings

I bought this trailer because the dealer was close to my house. I know all Trail trailers are junk so I didn’t want to have a long drive for repairs. Which I knew were coming. First trip out the under side came off and was dragging the road. One light in the bathroom wasn’t working properly. The a/c thermostat is all over the chart. Led strip on the awing won’t work. Had a storm come through and three windows were leaking. Drain underneath the sink was leaking and a water line was leaking. Those were simple to fix but seems like fittings weren’t tight from the factory. I know the roughness from towing can cause some issues also. Over all I love the trailer. It’s comfortable and plenty of room for just me. Most of the problems I’m having comes from fixtures that come from other manufacturers. I will be taking it back to the dealer when I get home so let’s see how that goes. Maybe I’ll have an update later. Happy camping.
- Mark Moseley, Georgia