Toy Haulers Travel Trailer Reviews on RV Insider (198)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Toy Haulers Travel Trailer RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Rich from Manitoba says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2016 CrossRoads Z-1 228RR View Listings

If you are considering spending your hard earned money on a Crossroads RV..DON'T BOTHER! My wife and I did just that in 2016. There is no quality control at the Crossroads facility. We received our camper with a bathroom door that popped open when travelling. This was due to a huge bulge in the vertical wood frame. Cupboard doors so badly installed it seems they were done by a 3 year old. The best part is the rear axle had been bent and the rear wheels were tilted outward. Nobody will fix that. Our dealer told me they can't warranty the bent axle until the tires show damage. I guess only seeing that it is bent is not enough. Several of the exterior clearance lights were installed but not connected to the wiring. The fresh water suction hose to pump was kinked. I will have to undertake some thermal scans this summer and determine how much insulation is missing in the ceiling and walls as the AC runs continuously even though it is dropping air temp 12 deg. F. Of course our dealer said, "Some campers are just like that." Both Crossroads and our dealer got what they wanted....our money. Neither of them will ever see another dime. These con men also offer a 2 year warranty which was a selling point for us. A 2 year warranty is useless when nobody will fix anything. We have been ripped off both by Crossroads and our dealer.
- Rich, Manitoba

2020-10-18 2019 KZ Sportsmen Classic 180THT View Listings

Multiple problems encountered in 1st year purchased new. The couch/bed collapsed while me and disabled wife sitting on it. The screws and paneling it was attached to failed, held on by 3 screws, and staples.... Fridge leaks, never worked right. Leveling jacks failed due to 2 cheap self tapping screws holding them on. Multiple holes not sealed letting dust inside the cabin. Gas lines ran on underside of frame, rocks hitting it causing leaks, why not run inside frame for protection??? Spare tire holder bolts failed, and when tailgate lowers it hits license plate bending plate. Where is quality control, sleeping ???? Positive- tows good, good height.
- David L, Nevada

2020-10-14 2021 Dutchmen Coleman 300TQ View Listings

I am going to start off with the positive report on our new 2021 Coleman 300 TQ toy hauler, we absolutely loved the floor plans and the new colour options, fireplace, beaver tail in the storage for ease of loading our toys, area, power stabilizers, etc. We should have looked at other manufactures but trusted what our dealer was selling us, we ordered the trailer spring of 2020, when the trailer arrived in July 2020, several items where not correct as to what was ordered. 1. The benches that came in the toy hauler part had no “skirts” and were the wrong benches. Not the ones we ordered. (replaced free of charge) 2. Happy jack queen bed was installed, that we did order, cost to me was an extra $1800.00 for it, or we would have had to wait approx. three months to have another trailer ordered. 3. After picking up the trailer we headed down the road and it was noticed that siding on drivers’ side of the trailer was ballooning out between the front corner and the bedroom window. Outdoor shower lid was flapping in the wind, so was the electrical cover, we had to find a store to purchase duct tape to keep them shut. At that time the dealership was closed, we couldn’t return. Over the next few days we noticed the following: 4. Inside panel on drivers’ side was not attached to wall. Received Warranty 5. The dining room tables leg holders {mounts} were in the wrong spot, 6. The wood trim on slide is bowed out. 7. We could get our local radio station 20km away from our home, found that the antenna wire was coiled in behind the stereo not hooked to the antenna. 8. The exhaust fan above stove does not work. Still waiting on warranty. 9. The freezer frosts over on the top of the door, the top of the inside and the back, no matter how low you turn the control. still waiting on warranty 10. Outdoor shower door was warped and would not stay closed in lock position, it was replaced but when we used it there was No cold water at the outdoor shower, found flex line in behind kinked. We fixed 11. The power tongue jack broke three days after we got the trailer home. Received warranty. 12. Bathroom sink lines leaked. We fixed 13. Could not understand why there was no heat from the duct going to the toy storage, found 6ft of extra flex pipe coiled up under the bathroom sink vanity, I cut six ft out and no problems with air flow. 14. The biggest problem we are having is all the caulking on the roof is separating form the roof membrane, and cracking at every seam, picture have been sent to the dealer, and speaking the dealer today they stated that Dutchmen will not cover the caulking, this trailer is only 4months old, would I buy another Dutchman product? well I think you know the answer. There was no proper install with this trailer and the craftsman ship is aweful. This is unacceptable for any company to be sending out trailers in this condition. We sent an email to Dutchman and they asked for a list of problems. We sent and their reply was take it to a dealer and submit for warrenty! Dutchman does not seem to worried about any of it and take forever to get back or to send parts to Action Trailers.
- Margaret Binkley, Ontario

2020-10-13 2019 Outdoor RV Trail Series 21TRZ View Listings

Definately a disappointment. Loved the floorplan and design with all screen and glass back doors but can not use with ramp down due to the gaps and the bugs that come through. We were told to adjust the doors but if the gaps are both above and below the doors that is not a solution. Manufacturer has not been helpful on this problem and we can not use as intended. Drove from Iowa to Colorado to buy, for a 3 month trip through Canada, Newfoundland...but could not enjoy the open back and windows. Don't buy unless you can fully investigate all the sills, or you will be a smorgasbord for mosquitos and bugs. If the sills actually worked to keep the bugs out the livability would be 5 stars.
- Julie Clemenson, Iowa

2020-10-13 2020 Eclipse Attitude 27SA View Listings

This piece of garbage does not deserve a star! I purchased a 2020 Eclipse Attitude. the first time I used it, I had it parked in the front of my home plugged in to get the fridge cold. Before we left so excited for our first trip in our brand new $45,000 toy hauler I unplugged the trailer and fired up the gas refrigerator and locked the door. when I walked around the other side there was flames shooting out the side! we were on fire. I took it back to the dealer and discovered they never hooked up the gas line to the fridge but it was close enough ignite from the igniter. we decided to use coolers and go anyways. we get about 60 miles out of town and one of the wheels come off! The floor is also coming up as well. so we are stranded with no cell service. At this point I just wanted out of this thing. buyers beware most states we don't have any consumer protection from frauds like this company. I had to let the dealer do repairs so I had no trailer for most of the camping season. then I finally got to take it out again for the first time last week hunting. we were really stupid and decided to use the stove top to cook some hamburger. while we were cooking away the whole stove top burst into one huge blue flame blistering my girlfriends hand badly. also flames shooting up in-between the stove and counter top. I've called the manufacturer twice now still no calls back. Also floor is coming up again battery's wont last for five hours with heat, that's with solar and upgraded battery's, so obviously we electrical problems as well. We had lots of rain one night, leaving puddles of water inside the trailer and a warped roof on the slide out. HMMM Leaks too? Toilet leaks on the floor as well. There are lots of choices out there stay away from this company! My next review after this will be to the BBB .
- Merrill Olson, Idaho

2020-10-12 2021 Forest River Salem 181RT View Listings

We recently bought this forest river salem fsx 181rt from a major dealer in ohio Jeff couch's RV. When it was shipped to us I found many problems right away. Apparently they don't have quality control. My refrigerator was dented in 3 places, toilet was scratched severely, poor craftsmanship throughout. My blackwater tank wasn't secured properly, there was blood in the shower and bathroom door! It looks like they threw it together overnight. Everyone is "so sorry" but don't seem to want to do much about it. We will never buy another one.
- tonybowne, South Carolina

2020-09-28 2020 Forest River Cherokee Wolf Pup 18RJB View Listings

I bought this RV as I liked the size and layout and thought I might be able to fit 2 motorcycles in it, actually only one fits without damaging the trailer or the bikes. First issue was the original fresh water tank leaked, manufacturing issue, after three replacements they got it fixed. I'm one to pull off panels and see how things are made. I found more sawdust, scraps of wood and metal behind the cabinets than I thought possible. Overall very poor workmanship and quality. Also plenty of holes for the mice to get in, very poor sealing job. Virtually no real storage which is par for the course on small rv's. Also what is the deal with mattresses from RV mfg's? They could easily go with a decent memory foam and raise customer satisfaction. Also I do not understand why these don't come with power inverters so you can run some items off the grid like the microwave and coffee maker, another issue I have to deal with. Also has a linoleum floor on a toyhauler, makes no sense. No actual warranty feedback at this time. So with all that said this is my first and last Forest River product.
- Bob S., North Carolina

2020-09-13 2013 Dutchmen Rubicon 2600 View Listings

We bought this camper new. I had looked at them and was convinced this was for me. The quality of this camper is JUNK. First month the inverter burnt up. They covered it. The stove never worked at about 1/2 heat from day we bought it. After 4 years regulator broke and I replaced it. Wow the stove worked. The refrigerator only works on gas. Replaced water pump. It has power awning with rain dump feature. Yes it dumps the water and when it does the arms bend beyond repair . In the 3d year the water tank fell out wile we were going down the road. I could write a book about this adventure. The inside shower skylight was cracked sometime in the first year. The fuel station pump died twice now. One of the biggest things I hate about it is the edge of the cabinets that covers the plywood shrinks over time. Every piece has shrunk 2 “. The bed sucks because one of you will have to crawl over to get out.
- Tom hodkin, Minnesota

2020-09-06 2014 Forest River XLR Hyper Lite 24HFS View Listings

The couches in the back are peeling and it looks terrible. I need to figure out where to have them redone or buy covers for them. Very poor quality. I would have rather had cloth than that cheap so called leather
- Raquel Miley, Florida

2020-09-02 2020 Forest River Cherokee Wolf Pack 27PACK10 View Listings

The tongue weight appears to be much heavier than described, though I haven,t checked it for weight. I have had to make numerous fixes to the Brand New trailer. Areas of molding on the outside was coming unglued in spots. I had to use clear caulking to squeeze into the areas. the doors inside were just barely latching, because the door was too far from the frame. I made metal plates to shim the door latch plate out further. I made shelves for the cabinets, because they were just a big open area that made 23rds of the cabinet useless. The sealing tape on the top of the slideout is peeling off. the propane gas line (for hooking up a gas grill outside) that is under the trailer is unpainted and severely corroded. A lamp over the dining booth was broken and the dealer said he would send me a new one (I told them I could install it). It never arrived and the dealer would not give us an answer. The thermostat, also, did not work at the dealership. They had a tech look at it and gave us the "it's all fixed" line. We got home and it WAS NOT fixed. I called Forest River and to their credit, they sent me a new lamp and a new thermostat. The fridge does not seem to get cold enough. Also,they DO NOT provide any kind of operational manual for their trailers, Just a generic one online, not a trailer specific one. I would not, personally, buy a Forest River trailer, again.
- Chuck Pfeil, Florida

2020-08-29 2019 Outdoors RV Trail Series 22TRX View Listings

This is by far the best RV we've owned. Incredible high quality construction by Outdoors RV, and it's the perfect length to give enough space to be comfortable while still being short enough to easily maneuver into boondocking spaces and National Parks. The onboard generator, dual rooftop solar panels, huge water capacities, and extra thick insulation make for a 4 season camper like no other!
- Kyle Ries, Colorado

2020-08-29 2020 Forest River Wildwood FSX 210RT View Listings

I had a nightmare experience with a dealer and Forest River in Indiana came to our rescue! They were the most professional, knowledgable people I encountered through this process. They were efficient, fast, and thorough. Very friendly. Amazing experience with them.
- Elisa hershey, Ohio

2020-08-29 2019 KZ Sportsmen LE 190THLE View Listings

It was built on Friday afternoons and Monday mornings Door latches at the wrong heights , wall panels not glued properly, Loose screws everywhere and its a toy hauler with the floor so soft that i was putting down plywoods so my motorcycles wouldn’t go true the floor and now i have to spend a lot of money to reinforce the floors Very poorly built.
- Frederic Ainslie , New Brunswick

2020-08-20 2020 Sunset Park Traveler Toy View Listings

2020 RV came with water damage presented as hot water heater leak prior to us signing the final papers we we assured by Travelcamp that they identified the source and it was fixed. However, later found out that 2 days before we purchased the dealer identified the roof wasn't installed properly and wasn't sealed. We requested it to be re-checked one month after purchase to get what we thought was the repairs from the previous water damage fixed. Again stated it was fixed. 7 months later we have complete roof, sidewalls and floor damage from water intrusion. The external siding was cut too short and came lose allowing water to run directly in the unit during a storm. This is what identified that the roof wasn't repaired as stated. 2020 is nothing more than salvage and the warranty repairs were nothing but cosmetic repairs (terrible workmanship). In fact, they ripped the protective barrier under the unit in two spots to poke at the flooring but didn't repair any of the waves in the floor.
- Jennifer Waite, Florida

2020-08-15 2018 Keystone Outback Ultra-Lite 240URS View Listings

We purchased our Outback 240URS in May 2018. Initially we had some very minor repairs...cosmetic issues around the dinette, and the base mounts on the dinette table pulled out of the floor after 3 uses. Easy fixes....dinette table floor mounts just put in large diameter screws....and has work fine for 2 years. Now we are about 28-30 months into our ownership. The furnace (Atwood 35000 btu) quit working. After tearing it out of the rig....which is not made for anything to be removed when it does and will fail.....has a reset switch that is flat on top of the furnace...clear in the back by the wall that you can not see unless you tear out the unit....or otherwise know where it is. It has temporarily allowed the furnace to contunue to work. Biggest issue....blew the rear AXLE on the trailer about a month ago. They did not grease the hub bearings properly at the factory....I have since had to put in an entirely new axle and brake assemble (make sure you put extra grease in your hubs right when you purchase it.....or have the shop do it....it will save you thousands of dollars and a ton of head aches. You will also find that the company Keystone uses for axles has had recalls nearly every year they ha e been open for exactly that issue of not putting enough grease in the hubs). I have also had a leak in the drinking water tank. It had a screw drilled i to it at the factory...one of the screws thT hold the black underbelly card board in place drilled straight into the edge of the tank. Did not find this little nugget until I was out of warranty and started to boon dock in national forest and had to use the tank for the first time. Also not designed to be removed for replacement or repairs....I had to modify the tank frame to remove the tank and reinstall it. Boon docking with no water is very difficult. I purchased and had work performed at Camping World....which will NEVER happen again. Customer service is a joke....if you can get them to even talk with you. And the quality of work is absolutely garbage. I did have good luck using my GOOD SAMS extended warranty. They did not give me any hassles and paid the bill. So also check out your local RV repair shops reviews....and find a good one before you take your rig in to be worked on. I still feel the RV is a good rig....I have seen far worse reviews on other brands....and it appears to be more of an industry problem of POOR QUALITY CONTROL....and nearly ZERO oversite for construction.
- Kevin Stilson, Colorado

2020-08-14 2020 Eclipse Attitude 27SA View Listings

We purchased this 2020 Toy Hauler July 1st, 2019 and pulled it 9000 miles with just one issue. The happy jack bed motor burned out. We spoke to the happy jack manufacturer about a design flaw. The motor was replaced under warranty and now works fine. This is our 2nd toy hauler. We have pulled it 4000 miles so far this year on mostly gravel roads. The trailer is air tight. The suspension works well. Tongue weight is a little heavy. We replaced the 20lb propane bottles with 30lb bottles and added an electric tongue jack. Thirteen hundred pounds without our side by side inside. It lightens to 1100 lbs when hauling the side by side. The brochure reads 100 gallon fresh water tank, but we can only squeeze in 70 gallons. The biggest gripe; it only has a 18000btu furnace. Not adequate for camping when it's below freezing in Montana. I added another 4" vent to the kitchen area which helps. We scraped off the decals covering the windows. The LED spot lights work well. The light bar above the entrance door is great. We like the laminate flooring and the multiple tie downs. The cabinets are well made, but could have been deeper. The 210 watt solar panels work well to keep the sealed batteries charged. We don't much care for the location of the TV above the refrigerator. We have relocated it to the small table. It could have come with a better mattress. But most trailers have a crappy mattress. We added a memory foam topper. The refrigerator, stove and microwave all work well. The chairs and slide couch are comfortable. The AC unit works flawlessly. We replaced the steps with a Lippert solid step. Overall we like the trailer.
- Earl Lenci, Montana

2020-08-12 2019 Forest River Wildwood FSX 280RT View Listings

I did not like nothing about it the heater didn't work the air condition didn't work the fan above the stove didn't work the light didn't work above the stove the mirror in the bathroom fell apart the toilet kept running 40 of the trailer I took the toilet apart one screw is missing it's a piece of junk I would not buy another one
- Daniel Dickinson, Michigan

2020-08-12 2018 Cruiser RV Stryker 2313 View Listings

This Camper trailer is a great little trailer. No major issues at all. Everything is well made. I fix my 900RZR Trail model right into the back. The Sub woofer kicks loud. The generator start every time. The shower is a bit small. The king size bad is great. The 2 beds in the back makes room for a total of 6 people. So far so good! Had an issue with the happiJack system at first. The dealer fixed it and now they work all the time.
- Jeff Walker, Colorado

2020-08-11 2019 Heartland Fuel 287 View Listings

From day 1 the Refrigerator didn't work. We had to buy a small Walmart frig. To get by in our new trailer. It took 6 months for Camping World in Kingston NY to get the refrigerator replaced. When we got it back. The new wheels had salt laying on them. and frame had rust. Or new trailer looked well used. The 2/3 of the cap light turned yellow. Not white like it was. Last short trip the bedroom /bathroom door and hardware all fell off the wall. I was told the trailer came with a backup camera. No It was just a case for a camera. That cost plenty to buy the whole setup. For the trailer and the truck backup camera. Don't expect to use it at night. Because the idiots that designed it. Put the camera right over the top. Of the rear marker light. That's with every trailer they make. they do the same stupid mistake. All you can see. Is a red glow at night. Making a camera useless. Notone person can get it through. Their heads in manufacturing. That's not the way to mount a camera. I hate feeling. like I wish I never bought it. The dealership is just as bad as the trailer.
- Paul Mollenkott , New Jersey

2020-08-11 2019 Forest River Work and Play LE 25WLE View Listings

After owning a Rubicon for 3 years, we decided to look for a larger toy hauler and fell in love with the floor plan and look of this one. The representative offered us some upgrades that the unit needed and all seemed to go well. Since our purchase 6 months ago though, our experience has been a nightmare! Not only have we not received all the warranty items that were not right upon delivery, but since we have discovered the quality of workmanship of the unit is not up to par. Each trip we take something new goes wrong, (awning, stove, air conditioner, lights and best of all a brace came off while driving home last trip and the fresh water tank fell! Once again, the unit is back at Gerzensy's in Ft. Myers Fl and will be there until it is not only fixed right, but safe to be on the road!!!
- SUSAN CUTLER, Florida

2020-08-01 2016 Keystone Outback 324CG View Listings

Leaks everywhere. They said they fixed it after 5 trips to the shop but it still leaks. Would NEVER buy another one ever. Floor plan great product sucks! We tried to get them to stand by the warranty as we bought it new but they did not
- Charles, Texas

2020-07-30 2020 Eclipse Attitude T20FBLE View Listings

Garbage. We love the layout and the door/ramp in the back, but as of writing this I'm near tears. We traded in our solid motorhome for a piece of crap. In the year that we have had it, it has been in service over 60 days. The cheapest materials available were used to build it, but that is not evident at first, even in the walk through. The hitch has never fit quite right, the microwave, stove light and radio were not connected (we did it), the seals in the front started to disintegrate and were replaced (but it took almost 3 weeks to get Eclipse to respond to the dealer), the drawers are crooked and lamination on cabinets starting to peel. It has been back at the dealer because the pipes under the shower broke. Dealer is footing the bill because Eclipse won't respond. We purchased the extended warranty..another mistake. We have a loan we are paying. I feel ripped off.. lost our motorhome..trying to find recourse...horrible experience. It was supposed to be our retirement toy. Not sure what to do next. Only got one decent trip in it.
- Louanne Myers, California

2020-07-26 2020 Grand Design Momentum G Class 28G View Listings

Not built right, I have had to work on the heat system, the easy jack bed system was missing screws and bunk bed would not come down right I paid 46,000 for this camper and only took it it 1time and have to wrinch it on it not happy at all
- Waylon Jadwin , Colorado

2020-07-24 2019 Forest River No Boundaries NB19.5 View Listings

HOT GARBAGE. Don't be fooled by the off road tires and cool graphics, this unit is designed to sit in a heated shop, remove the wheels and leave it on blocks. A single bounce down the highway and half the trailer will fall apart. I have glued more trim, prefabricated cabinets, and pretty well given up trying to keep it from falling apart. The other day I learned that all my efforts were in vain, as I cannot repair a bent frame. My trailer, after 15 months is completely worthless and not safe to travel with. Contact Forest River? 3 emails and 3 phone calls with NO response. Take your hard earned cash elsewhere.
- Matt Pangman, Alberta

2020-07-21 2019 Forest River Work and Play 30WQB View Listings

Well we love the the camper , but that’s where it stops! Bought the camper December 28th 2019 from Carolina RV in Myrtle Beach,so far so good right? Wrong the camper leaked from the slide out . Called Carolina RV in February to let them know what was going on. I was told to take it to Bob Ledford’s RV in Greer South Carolina. Well it’s been there since April 18th 2020 and now it’s July 21st 2020. I went to look to see what was done and the entire camper on the inside was tore apart floors, cabinets and walls! Brand new camper mind you. The factory is even worse to deal with. Do yourself and your family a favor stay away from Forest River products. If anyone needs proof I have plenty of pictures and videos of what it looks like.
- Jamie Martin, South Carolina