Toy Haulers Travel Trailers RVs Reviews on RV Insider (146)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Toy Haulers Travel Trailers RVs Reviews and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of these RVs.

Jennifer Hollifield from Florida says:

Have you owned any Toy Haulers Travel Trailers RVs? Write a review

Voted Most Helpful Review 2015 Riverside RV White Water 827 View Listings

We purchased this RV late in 2014 brand new. We now have a RV with rotted walls and floors filled with black mold that Riverside RV, Inc. will not fix because it is "out of warranty". This should have NEVER happened to a brand new RV. Stay away from this company.
- Jennifer Hollifield, Florida

2020-01-14 2012 Eclipse Stellar 24FB View Listings

Worse nightmare ever for 1st time owning an RV. Nothing but problems in & out. All material inside was week & breaking the couch & captain seats material all teared. The outside awning broke & vents weak & replaced. Generate gas pump replaced 3 times. The rear bearing & body suspension split in half & cracked. Poor material used for being a toy hauler. Not worth the 50k & still owe 20k & can't even use it.
- yolandamercado, California

2020-01-11 2016 Winnebago Spyder 24FQ View Listings

Had it for over a year. Very pleased. It was the perfect size for me. I looked at the 5th wheelers and felt this had same options and didnt need a pickup truck to tow it. I used a ford expedition and it worked out great
- David , Florida

2019-12-17 2018 Forest River XLR Boost 29XLR View Listings

Probably the worst RV I have had. Wall is pulling away from floor by slide out , Slide goes out crooked and changes on it's own, Vinyl coming off of I side doors ,Trim coming off all over inside , Tv roof mount stripped out on ceiling , Shower hose holder stripped out,No weather strip on rear garage door bottom,Shower stall cracking, Outside tv cable hook up don't work, Switches falling out of wall,Chain binds on lift bed in garage.
- Jim, Arizona

2019-12-12 2017 Forest River Stealth WA2916 View Listings

This was the trailer of our dreams. Unfortunately, This trailer was doomed from day one of its life. Forest River assembled the flashing backwards on one side and two years into its life it was totaled by my insurance company. Thank god I was reimbursed by insurance but what a pain in the butt! If I could save someone time by saying DO NOT BUY A FOREST RIVER PRODUCT under ANY circumstance I would. My Stealth WA2916 had water damage all down one side through the passthrough and under the slide. A forest river rep come out and said we needed and new trailer service person! Tried to blame anything he could on us but my insurance company PAID a engineer to figure out that the trailer was defective. DO NOT BUY Forest River if you have any reason to value your investment.
- Brian Navarro, Oregon

2019-11-26 2006 Featherlite SURV 7924 View Listings

This trailer has been almost trouble free. The floorplan gives a lot of space for the owner and up to 4 guests. More if they sleep on cots or the floor. The trailer floorplan makes a generous amount of load floor available for OHVs, ATVs,motorcycles, & bicycles. The interior can be used for camping with some vehicles inside.
- Wolf Alaska, Alabama

2019-11-12 2019 Keystone Impact 330 View Listings

I am 6ft and 190 lbs. Steam turbine engineer This is my first Toy Hauler TT and I am extremely disappointed in build quality and the layout of this camper. the bedroom is not user friendly at all. you will need to crawl on the mattress to get the sheets on because you can not get around the sides. THE LAYOUT DRAWING THAT KEYSTONE SHOWS ONLINE IS NOT ACCURATE. the closet space is minimal at best so you will have to keep your folded up clothes on the platforms that are on both sides of the bed. the bathroom layout is by far the worst part of this camper. the shower is extremely undersized and the drain side is soft where I feel like I am going to fall through. if you sit down to use the toilet good luck bending over to clean yourself. you will have to prop the door open or you will hit your head. speaking of doors the main entry, bedroom and bathroom doors all open into each other. if you plan on living in this for any extended period of time then your better off removing the one to the bed room and bathroom. the kitchen lacks counter space and it lacks cabinet space. during the summer months the one AC unit in the kitchen WILL NOT COOL THE CAMPER. you can plan on a bedroom being overwhelmingly hot and the garage side to be overwhelmingly hot. I opened up the AC unit to see if there was any blockage and found nothing. On side note there was poor craftsman ship with the tape job keeping the air in the ducts air tight. I figured I will just have to get a second AC unit.... but now that its winter time I know what the problem is. THE CAMPER IS NOT INSULATED AT ALL!!. I can set the "poorly placed" thermostat in the "dead air" hallway to 75 and the camper will not stay warm. I took a thermal gun around and was looking for cold spots....and I found them all. every window is JUNK and I had to put up REFLITX and the walls in the camper are poorly insulated as well. outside temp was 30 and the walls inside were 45deg. I opened up the panel under the bathroom sink, cabinet, fridge, furnace and the sink and to my amazement I was able to see the kind of work went into this 50,000$ cmaper. sawdust, screws, and giant gaping holes in the floor are just the start. the internal walls are 1/16 to 1/8 thick. the floor is 2 inches thick and the walls to the outside is 2 inches thick. I can ramble on about this camper but I think you get the point. do not buy a KEYSTONE THIS CAMPER IS JUNK. THE QUALITY OF BUILD IS JUNK. THE PARTS THEY USE ARE CHEEP I do not expect this camper to last a year before it falls apart. PS sorry for the poor grammar.
- Jessy, Indiana

2019-11-05 2017 Forest River XLR Hyper Lite 26HFS View Listings

Very easy to tow and back. Set up is a breeze. Amazing amount of storage. Dry camping/boondocking is no problem with the 30-gal fuel tank and Onan generator, starts easily with the push of a button from inside the RV. Shower is roomy, lots of storage inside the bath, medicine cabinet. The queen size bed sleeps well and there is lots of storage space beneath the bed and in the cabinets over the bed, and in the closets on each side of the bed for hanging clothes. It is the perfect size!
- Sonja Brown, Tennessee

2019-10-30 2017 Forest River Stealth WA2916 View Listings

We became aware of a problem with the floor over Memorial Day weekend, 2019. The first indication was an imprint in the floor from a UTV tire. We inspected the surface of the floor and found that several areas were soft. I removed two floor tie-downs and found wet wood and insulation. We were very concerned and immediately scheduled an inspection with our nearest Forest River dealer. Curtis Trailers in Portland, Oregon agreed to inspect our trailer to determine the source of the soft floor. We had to agree to a major tear down because the trailer design did not allow inspection access. Curtis Trailer started into the tear-down and found water damage through the full length of the trailer. According to my service writer, this is going to be a total. The cost to properly repair the trailer exceeds the 2/3 value and is not worth repairing. According to Curtis Trailer, the water intrusion was due to a design flaw where the lower flashing is attached to the trailer. A thin bead of sealant is the only barrier that prevents water seeping into the floor. This is due to the lower flashing not being installed beneath the fiberglass siding. When the sealant fails, cracks, or separates, water flows in beneath the floor with no way to see it or remove it. According to the Curtis Trailer service department, I would not have been able prevent this and it has been going on for quite some time. 36K down the drain.
- Brian Navarro, Oregon

2019-10-29 2018 Forest river XLR Hyper Lite 27HFS View Listings

slide fails alot goes crooked vary disappointed only 1 year old but i did buy it from 1 owner vary low miles just barley used can you help with warranty???? other then that Vary nice camper . just dont want to gets stuck camping some where and wont go in or out can i bring it to a local dealer and have it fixed under warranty that would be nice..
- thomas hedgers, Minnesota

2019-10-26 2016 Forest River Cherokee Grey Wolf 22RR View Listings

Company has best mission plan, but "Warranty" of list, is "less than satisfactory" and "workmanship and its repairs" are execution proof, Forest River designers-purchasers-managers, need resetting-improving-poor materials, and factory-poor workmanship, etc.Too much..To List. Contact me..if interested. Walk the talk and poduce a quality product.Please..Another wanta B..with good business models ! But what is the Love ? With the independent dealers $$$ ? Dealer needs to Back Up..Their "poor" customer FACTORY Workmanship-complaints ? Really !
- Walter Hoo, Arizona

2019-10-25 2017 Riverside RV Retro 819R View Listings

This retro was painted in the Harley theme so as Harley owners it was great. Every where we took it people would gather to look at it. It was very easy to pull with our Chevy 1500. The only problem we experienced was an issue with the tail lights. The next day after bringing it home we noticed only 1/2 the diodes were not working and the other side did not work at all. The lights had to be ordered and were replaced within a couple of weeks only to have the same problem a month later. After another couple of weeks the lights were replaced again. now 1 1/2 years later 1/2 the diodes do not work and I have learned to live with it, but that is the only issue and love this little toy hauler.
- tony, Missouri

2019-10-23 2020 Winnebago Spyder 28KS View Listings

I bought this trailer because the dealer was close to my house. I know all Trail trailers are junk so I didn’t want to have a long drive for repairs. Which I knew were coming. First trip out the under side came off and was dragging the road. One light in the bathroom wasn’t working properly. The a/c thermostat is all over the chart. Led strip on the awing won’t work. Had a storm come through and three windows were leaking. Drain underneath the sink was leaking and a water line was leaking. Those were simple to fix but seems like fittings weren’t tight from the factory. I know the roughness from towing can cause some issues also. Over all I love the trailer. It’s comfortable and plenty of room for just me. Most of the problems I’m having comes from fixtures that come from other manufacturers. I will be taking it back to the dealer when I get home so let’s see how that goes. Maybe I’ll have an update later. Happy camping.
- Mark Moseley, Georgia

2019-10-21 2016 Prime Time Fury 2912X View Listings

DO NOT BUY JUNK will not stand behind flooring never had no leaks Insurance said its a manufacture defect manufacture will not cover it And General RV will not cover it so we are out $35000 This is a Prime Time Fury 2912 2016
- Deborah Kimble, Florida

2019-10-07 2018 Jayco Octane 33L View Listings

Purchased new Jayco T33L Toy Hauler, We like the floor plan with raised bedroom and bathroom to provide lots of storage underneath. The trailer sits up high in the air, I have a 3500 GMC, diesel truck and pulling it anything over 60 was white knuckles and down right scary. Trailer was equipped with Blue Ox 15K hitch and this didn't make any difference. Others issues within one time of camping, flooring coming up, stripped screws inside and out, stabilizer jacks too short, 24 inch won't even touch the ground without blocks. seats covers were loose and didn't stay in place and much more. Poor quality overall. traded the unit off after using 1 time.
- Ken Martin, Idaho

2019-10-07 2019 Pacific Coachworks Rage'N 22EX View Listings

This RV is lightweight, but big enough to haul toys, with many thoughtful, livable amenities. The unit tows well, has a nice kitchen, large bathroom, and a separate master bedroom. We really like the solar power option. We have used it on 5 different trips and have not had a single problem. Fortunately, we have not had to find out if the warranty or support are satisfactory.
- Jim Kinser, Colorado

2019-10-05 2019 Pacific Coachworks Tango 27FSB View Listings

Trailer tows nice that's about it. Had nothing but problems with it from the beginning. Still having problems, cant find answers on this unicorn, owners manual useless. Dealership I bought it from won't refund money. I won't ever buy another trailer from PC again.
- Jacob, Arizona

2019-10-03 2020 Chinook RPM 27QB View Listings

On September 13, I  purchased a 2020 chinook RPM. After first day and hooking up the T.V. the antenna would not work and locate channels. Had to purchase cheap antenna. New ride RV in rock hill, SC  was suppose to order another one , which i never received and instead told by Chris Lais from the dealer, it must have been wire wrong during manufacturing . Few days later my A.C will trip in and out several times until staying on. Was told a bad thermostat and the VP Jeff Butler of chinook personally told me that Chris had it in his possession and would install. Been a week and no one has come by to replace it. Also, the door handles keep breaking off and the shower leaks into the floor during every shower. I cleaned the cabinets with an all natural cleaner and now the counter tops are discolored and disfigured.  I was also told that the RV would come with 30 lb cylinders and when recieved they were only 20 lbs. I have reached out many times to hold them to their word and fix what they promised. I have not heard a word or seen anyone in a week. If you want to buy quality work from a customer first company then  this is not a fit for you. They will drag out all intentions if any at all and not follow through with their word. I do not suggest buying the RPM from a  business that  when it comes to an issue they do not standby it. This is a cheap made RV that is overpriced and from a company that does not vaul their customers.
- John, Arkansas

2019-09-30 2019 Keystone Impact 3216 View Listings

1 year after purchase , counter tops , rolled up off the surface , mounding through out warped or simply fell off , dinning table wilted like a dead flower , I do not have any leaks and is stored in dry storage and put damp rid bags in there weekly , we then discovered a white fuzzy mold over every thing . The dealer will not look at it because the warranty is up , I the. Told the service manager I purchased the five year extended warranty for $ 3100.00 and surely that will cover it , I was told it is cosmetic and it will probably not cover it . Very disappointed with the lack of compassion and service on this product , I will be cancelling the extended warranty as a result of the lack of service I received from the dealer . Don’t buy this product it was made with inferior Products and craftsmanship .
- Robert Marcotte , Florida

2019-09-06 2019 Pacific Coachworks Powerlite 3414 View Listings

Purchased just over 3 weeks ago. Sad to say I'm very disappointed in the quality of this fifth wheel. Within this short time the fold up couch has pulled out from the wall damaging the floor. The thermostat does not work properly unless you remove the cover plate. The insulation vent under the floor is falling apart and the biggest issue was theres light coming from the ceiling. Best I can tell.is the drip plate above the back door was not properly sealed. Quality control has got to step up from this manufacturer. Granted that these issues should have been spotted on the pre delivery from the dealer before even putting this one out to sell most of these issues could have been prevented if the factory would have had better quality control. I have also emailed spacific coach who makes the powerlite over a week ago and have not received a response. If I could lemon law this thing I would...
- Jake, Utah

2019-09-05 2019 Forest River Vengeance Rogue 32V View Listings

We have been rving for 4 months. Love the design of the Vengeance and it surprisingly has a lot of storage. Our tiny house has 2 bathrooms which is awesome! The rv is a little heavy but that is to be expected. The ramp is very steep when loading/unloading motorcycles which gets a little scary. My major complaint is the rv is a 30amp with ONE air conditioner. Can rarely eat in the garage/dining area bc too warm. This also applies to the bedroom so we have to run fans. Wish we had been more experienced and realized one AC for a 40 foot trailer would not cut it!
- Kathy Kruisenga, Tennessee

2019-09-05 2020 Winnebago Spyder 28KS View Listings

We bought this trailer new (June 2019) and we currently have this trailer on the road following a motorcycle race schedule that will not allow us to have the trailer back to the dealer until the end of November 2019. We have tried to get the more serious warranty issues resolved at other Winnebago dealers on the road with no success. They are all booked with other customers. Some of the bigger problems have had temporary fixes done or we fixed the issues ourselves. We purchased this Winnebago based on the reputation of the brand. Unfortunately, this unit is no better than all the other poor quality RVs currently produced in the U.S.. We reached out to Winnebago for help on the road, but that resulted in little to no help at all. Our dealer has helped as much as they can until we get it back to them. We downsized to this trailer after towing a Heartland Cyclone 5th wheel for years. The Heartland was junk too. This trailer was going to be a temporary solution until we were going to purchase a Class A next year. However, we are done with the RV world. We will haul our race bikes in a cargo trailer and stay in hotels. Here is a list of a few issues so far: • Damaged Refrigerator door from draws sliding out during transport • Kitchen Slide-Out does not fully close • Severe Shower drain leak, flooded bottom of the trailer • Under carriage cover torn loose and dragging on the ground • Front exterior trim molding came off • Unable to service generator. Oil filter access blocked • Sliding door in Bedroom falls off track. Bad design. • Multiple ceiling lights in not working correctly • Window Blinds next to door has a defect. They do not line up correctly • Paneling under top bunk is coming off • Small tear/defect on one of the free standing chairs. • Multiple bolts fell out of the free standing chairs. • Front door does not open and close properly • Drain under kitchen sink came apart and flooded the inside of the trailer. • Bracket on stove cover came off > Mattresses need to replaced after 10 days of use. > Trailer says it will hold 100 gallons of fresh water. We attached a gauge to measure and was only able to put 60 gallons of water in the trailer. Good luck. I'm Done With RVs.
- Eric Severns, Wyoming

2019-09-04 2020 Grand Design Momentum G-Class 25G View Listings

What a piece of ****! Must have had my stupid glasses on when we decided on a grand design. We have 3 pages of a legal pad full of things that don’t work or are less than perfect. I would love to list them all. The construction quality inside looks like it just have been put together on a Friday afternoon, both ACs is not run at the same time, the Cummins 4000 won’t run the AC and anything else...let alone both of them. 30 amp service for 2 15 amp items. Stupid. Slides are growling like they are about to snap, the fold up bed system slept ok for 2 nights, now we need a new mattress. The trailer shakes and rattles EVERYTHING out of its stowed spots, the water tanks fill up then spill out 100 gallons 2 times so far the “pressurized” water system basically creates a sipening that cannot be stopped. All the “wood” work is wallpapered cardboard, all the trim is plastic and flimsy, cabinets also don’t close correctly ALL.... oh man I could go on and on but I just get more pissed off! Don’t waste your money on this company. They are THE WORST EVER!!
- Darin Carner, Oregon

2019-09-03 2020 Forest River Wildwood FSX 260RT View Listings

Purchased a brand new 2020 FSX 260RT in August. Tows ok. Problem is workmanship. In 2 weeks of ownership and a 10 day trip the following problems are found. Front door has to be slammed. Noticed this on walk-thru at delivery, but I didn't actually try it. It is heavily contacting the latch and top corner of jamb. Multiple plumbing leaks. Manufacturer forgot to caulk shower. Vanity cold water supply line leaks. Kitchen drain leaked due to being loose. Leaks right on top of electrical management center that is mounted oddly, right below sink and plumbing. Electrical outlet wall cutouts are oversize. Outlets are only secured by one screw. 10x11 inch hole hacked out under shower to clear a 2 inch drain trap. They also cut into the underbelly liner. Fake "oven" drawer under range top fell out during travel shredding the cabinet base. Was only mounted by 2 small, loose screws. Upper sections of walls are very visibly wavy on the exterior of unit. I'm not sure what sort of error causes this. I would discourage everyone from purchasing a Forest River anything. The only reason I did, was that the original used camper I purchased from this dealer leaked heavily. So I got them to rescind the sale and I purchased this unit instead. I was kind of stuck since they had already processed my trade-in.
- Bryan , Missouri

2019-09-02 2019 Forest River Ozark 2700TH View Listings

This camper is very cheaply made. No quality control out of the factory. When we went to pick up the camper they had two sheets of issues from the dealers inspection, Awning not working properly, shades wont go up, A/C did not work on our first trip. Screws missing in the shower liner. Trim board missing. Kitchen faucet leaking the first time we hooked it up. Doors in and out of the bathroom do not shut properly, and it just goes on and on. The list goes on and on. Take your hard earned money and buy something other that Forest River. The employees and workers obviously take NO PRIDE in the product or there work.
- Thane Murphy, Minnesota