Toy Haulers Travel Trailers RVs Reviews (119)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Toy Haulers Travel Trailers RVs Reviews and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of these RVs.

Jennifer Hollifield from Florida says:

Have you owned any Toy Haulers Travel Trailers RVs? Write a review

Voted Most Helpful Review 2015 Riverside RV White Water 827 View Listings

We purchased this RV late in 2014 brand new. We now have a RV with rotted walls and floors filled with black mold that Riverside RV, Inc. will not fix because it is "out of warranty". This should have NEVER happened to a brand new RV. Stay away from this company.
- Jennifer Hollifield, Florida

2019-08-20 2018 Cruiser RV Stryker 2313 View Listings

Overall the RV is great.....once everything is repaired. First camping trip, the plugs in the bedroom didn’t work because of loose wires. Second trip, the shower leaked and buckled the floor in most of the trailer. Third trip, the generator wasn’t charging the battery, so it would only run for about 20 minutes (this one ruined the trip.) just got back from our fourth trip and everything seemed to go well! We did have to add a mattress topper to make the bed sleepable. Looking forward to many more trips with this camper!
- Matt Bulson, Michigan

2019-08-16 2019 Winnebago Spyder 30FKS View Listings

This is my 6th RV purchase and the worst ever. What was supposed to be an exciting time buying a new Toy Hauler has turned into a nightmare. This Winnebago Spyder is a rolling piece of crap, poorly finished and it arrived with numerous manufacturing defects and cosmetic flaws that should have never left the factory. First off, the dealer broke the ladder right off the roof, and never bothered to tell us or have it repaired before we arrived. They also removed the new battery and had a 5 year dead battery in, which was so dead it wouldn't even work the electric hitch lift. They claimed someone must have sneaked into the dealership and stolen it, replacing it with a dead one. We purchased this due to the Winnebago presumed reputation, but have been totally frustrated by their factory support and service. It took 10 days just to get them to approve the factory repairs, and it has been 5 weeks in the shop with no end in sight as to if it will ever be repaired. Major items: On the first turn, the emergency brake disconnect sheared off since it was incorrectly placed right where the hitch load bars are, resulting in the brakes seizing up. The rubber fuel and LP lines drag on the bottom--there is no copper or metal fuel lines! The metal skirting has buckled and gaps showing on both sides. It arrived this way. The generator exhaust sits only 5 inches off the roadway--surrounded by a tin can metal shroud that will surely shear off on the first dirt road adventure. Wiring is totally exposed in the rear, which is surprising since we bought a completely sealed "weather package" upgrade. The water rushes out of the side every time we brake, as it seems the overflow line is connected to the front of the water tanks instead of the back. We lost 1/3 of our water during the trip home. That, and a leaking water tank which has to be replaced since it cannot be sealed. It has been over 4 weeks for Winnebago to ship the water tank to the dealer, and it still has not arrived. Cosmetic issues too numerous to mention, such as the TV doesn't even fit into the recess, and was jammed in there to make it fit, damaging the wood. The plastic trim blew off during our first 10 minutes on the freeway, and flapped in the wind until we duct taped it back for the ride home. Had we not traveled 5 hours to pick the RV up, we would have returned it right then and rescinded the sale. We asked Winnebago to extend our warranty out of fear that it will remain in the service bay during the entire 1 year warranty, and they refused! They actually told me I should have been more careful in inspecting the RV before buying it. We are still without our new RV, and yet have already been making payments on it with no delivery date in sight. I am worried about the "upgraded" axles, having no leaf springs. When you go over a curb, only one wheel takes all the weight since there is no travel with the trailing wheel. There are rubber bands inside the square tube axles which cannot be inspected or serviced in any way. Needless to say we will continue to complain to all who will listen of our horrible experience, and are looking to have the sale rescinded.
- Stan Luhr, California

2019-08-15 2019 Forest River Cherokee Grey Wolf 22RR View Listings

Overall very pleased with our trailer our family of 4 fits nicely there are a few miner issues but for the price I expected them only major problem I found is that the shower needs more support under the base an loose fitting on the sink pulls ok with out half ton 2015 gmc dose pull down a bit in the mountains
- Paul Lawrence, West Virginia

2019-08-13 2019 Heartland Fuel 287 View Listings

Bought mine a year ago and I love the floor plan but hate the multiple issues. Over 200 days in the shop not counting this time which is going to be another 90 + days. Dealing with lawyer now so can't dicuss much. BUYER BEWARE.
- Wicked Drummer, California

2019-08-13 2017 Forest River XLR Hyper Lite 29HFS View Listings

As far as the overall RV I have not had that many problems. One of the pocket doors rail mounts on the door broke. I ordered the parts but had a hard time trying to get them to go back into the pins and lock. I finally took off the trim over the door which made it much easier to connect and lock the door to the rail. I put the trim back on with a couple of screws so if I need to work on it again it will be easy to get to. Need to make sure the door is closed before traveling. My fuel pump quit working so the gas gauge does not work. The main problems I have is the generator. So far it has been in for service 4 times. 3 in Missouri, they replaced the started and relay. Recently went on a trip out west. In Colorado I tried to start the generator and it would run a little and die. Finally got it to run for a longer time and it died early in the morning. In Cheyenne Wy the generator would continually surge. At times it would start and seem to run at the correct speed and then start to surge. It would not run the AC. Took it to a Cummins service center and the tech said the carburator was bad. Cost me $415 to replace. That evening started the gen and it kept shutting down when I turned on the AC. The AC has the fast start capacitor in it. Finally had to use shore power by using an extension cord. Call the service center and was told that they gen loses a lot of wattage due to the altitude. The altitude on the carb was set to 6000 ft which was the altitude in Cheyenne. Even trying to run 2 small fans the gen kept shutting down. Got home and ran the gen with the AC and refrig on with no problem. Don't know why they have an altitude compensation adjustment on the carb if it does nothing. Wondering why Onan makes a RV generator that does not work when you get in the mountains. On the plus side the toy hauler pull great, don't even feel it behind you. I replace both the mattress because the ones that came with the trailer were very uncomfortable. The bathroom is rather small and with the tall cabinet next to the sink it is a little tight. It is a big step up to get into the shower. Getting out one time I almost fell. Probably will make some kind of step. Some of the decals of peeling off. Have to be careful to make sure all the drawers are full closed before extending the slide out or it will catch on one of the drawer handles. Wish they had a side in the bedroom so there was more room. There is not much space on each side of the bed. Hard to get dress in such a limited space. I bought the cold weather package and upgraded air conditioner. The area inside under the slide get a lot warmer than other parts of the trailer since there in not much if any insulation on the top of the slide out. Think adding the pull out awning might help to keep it cooler. Kitchen faucet is very cheap and will probably break sometime. There are no manuals for several things. Like the blue lights over a couple of the cabinets. Also have the 3 seat recliner which is great .
- Bob G, Missouri

2019-08-09 2016 Forest River Shockwave 27FQDX View Listings

Factory & extended warranty support.Purchased new in 2016. 2019 floor in forward bed room soft. Discovered factory defect in vapor barrier not installed properly.Now the whole camper floor is starting to rot out.Talked with Forest River-they said talk to Bretz RV they said -12 warranty not their problem, talk to Portfolio Protection Extended Service Agreement that I am covered until 2021. They said any water Intrusion is not cover. Local repair shop either spend some big money, or see if Insurance will call it a Total Loss. Still making payments on a 27 ft Toy Hauler.
- Les Milton, Alaska

2019-08-03 2016 Prime Time Avenger 18TH View Listings

Horrible. Motorcycle went through floor on its second ride. Despite having bought extended warranty, company refuses to fix claiming bike must have been tied down too tight. Avenger DOES NOT stand behind their product. Buyers beware!!! DO NOT buy this product. I’m disappointed beyond words can express. I plan on making a You Tube video showing this. Keep an eye out for it. Factory support deserves 5 NEGATIVE stars. Too bad the worse I can give is 1 star.
- Jean-Guy , Manitoba

2019-08-02 2019 Genesis Supreme Vortex 2715V View Listings

The exterior was put together poorly. My wife and I bought our 2019 vortex on 6-11-18. We really enjoy taking it out and we use it quite a bit. We bought it in Beaverton Oregon. Just a couple weeks ago around the 1st of July 2019 we were gonna wash it when I noticed the where the front end cap and the right side of the trailer meet together up next to the roof in the corner had started separating the vinyl is peeling off and the caulking is nonexistent and the black seal around the edge where the front end cap and the right side of the trailer meet was coming off. There is about a 2 inch gap. Also when the running lights in the front top of the trailer we’re installed the fiber glass had cracked but seeing as how it’s where nobody can see I guess the manufacturer just half assed it and sent it to the dealership anyway. I called to see if it was covered under warranty and was told that my warranty was expired on 6-11-19 so a little more then 2 weeks after the warranty expired I started having issues and the manufacturer could care less. All in all nice trailer but I don’t think I’d recommend it to friends or family. I’d recommend a trailer that may be a touch more expensive but is better built with attention to detail.
- Justin Coker, Oregon

2019-07-26 2019 Forest River Cherokee Grey Wolf 22RR View Listings

Wish I had read all the reviews first! Quality is the worst ever! Bought from White Horse RV in south Jersey. Delivered with rusty hub caps and very dirty inside. And they were in a rush throughout the delivery. Over the past couple of months, the more we look at, the more disappointed we are! They used crap quality products, but even worse it is very clear that Forest River does not care at all about how crappy these are put together! I could have done better myself and I don't know the first thing about putting one together. Nice layout and if the quality was any better I would probably love it. But in reality, its just a very expensive lesson learned.
- Teri Rocco, New Jersey

2019-07-20 2019 Forest River Ozark 2700TH View Listings

This RV has been nothing but trouble. Refrigerator doesn't work, doors don't align, and the screws are coming up through floor. May I add we haven't even used it yet. This company is a nightmare to work with and doesn't want to fix things the right way, but the cheap way! Now they won't even return phone calls. Save your money and go with a different manufacturer!
- Rebecca, North Carolina

2019-07-14 2019 Heartland Torque T31 View Listings

Horrible!! The brand new unit I bought after actually receiving it three weeks later than promised was like receiving a used camper! Would not recommend anything by Heartland! On Punch-Out list found out that all four corners of RV leaked. Along with 10 other pages that are wrong with camper. Have contacted Camping World of Ashland Virginia numerous times and numerous ways and nobody will help correct the many issues wrong with this camper! Camping World support nor Heartland will contact me! Do not buy Heartland!
- Arlin/Dale, Virginia

2019-07-03 2016 Forest River XLR Hyper Lite 18HFS View Listings

Never again will I is brand or would I recommend this to anyone. From the lies, poor quality, poor service lack of empathy once they got there money all was over. Delivery of the product was late and we lost warranty as it stared from not when we received the unit but 45 days earlier when we paid for it. The worst quality you could ever imagine. WAY too many things to mention. DO NOT BUY FOREST RIVER PRODUCT!!!!!!!!!!!!
- Dan finnel, Wisconsin

2019-07-02 2017 Cruiser RV Stryker 3212 View Listings

We have loved our Stryker every trip we take it out. The best feature of this toy hauler is the side patio under the awning. We use it constantly and love the outside tv as part of it. Constantly get positive comments from other campers intrigued by it. Everything has worked great in two years of using it. One suggestion for cruiser would be to offer a queen bed to provide more storage and walk around room in the master bedroom.
- Nat Carpenter, California

2019-06-29 2019 KZ Sportsmen Classic 180THT View Listings

Build Quality is dismal. Roof leaked. Jack had 2 twisted off bolts. Fresh water tank leaked and had to be replaced.Fridge not installed correctly. Bathroom and front doors would not close. Bath wall not screwed to floor. Shower not sealed around base and leaked under floor. Still in the shop and has not seen the road after 5 months of ownership.
- SnowLothar, Wyoming

2019-06-27 2018 Heartland Pioneer RG28 View Listings

Bought brand new Camping World Lakewood N.J. feb 2018 March 2018 found campsite in FLA. March 2018 to June 2019 spent 3 weeks in trailer rest of the time it was either in the shop for repairs or on their long waiting list for repairs. Anyway total usage was only 3 weeks. Most recent its been at camping world since January 2, 2019 till June 26, 2019. Once in Florida 1st week screen enclosure frame fell off, tire kept loosing air, frog came in from a hole in the outside wall in the dining area slide storage area, not a scratch from corresponding outside wall. Once returned from Florida repair shop 2 week in August No A.C., had to go to Lowe's and buy a portable AC unit. Slide roof leak, 3rd week no hotwater from the LP gass side, toilet seal allowed smell from sewer in RV, toilet fitting loosen and flooded out the unit causing damage to floor and molding. and now heading back to NJ paying for a site while RV in repair shop fighting over whose responsibility to fix. DO NOT BUY FROM HARTLAND OR CAMPING WORLD UNLESS YOU ARE UNLIKE ME, KNOWLEDGEABLE IN RVING.
- Joe, New Jersey

2019-06-27 2016 Venture RV SportTrek 302VTH View Listings

Nice floor plan-- able to access front-to-back with slide retracted (great for lunch at rest stops). Like having garage as dedicated room (with door to main area). Like all RVs I've looked at, there were things that should have been caught with factory QA, instead of having the dealer fix it at time of purchase, or during the warranty period. We primarily used for 3-day weekend trips, and it worked great either at a campground or dry camping. No problems towing.
- Cris Rhea, Minnesota

2019-06-25 2004 Keystone Tail-Gator 189RR View Listings

Fantastic first experience with an RV, ours being a toy hauler. So many exciting spots for boondocking, and when in RV parks it's great to meet like minded people. A true community. This is the life!!
- Suzze, New Mexico

2019-06-21 2019 Genesis Supreme Genesis 27FS View Listings

Awesome looking unit but beware!!! Had our 2019 27FS for a few weeks. Floor started to bubble in back. Floors are not glued in place just floating. Window treatments were not the same size. Kitchen sink leaked. Side window fell off mount. Dealer fixed. After a month the floor came loose again and is now worse. Not fixable. Now 2 months out of warranty. 3 of the 4 tires were bad. Two tires were splitting and one blow out within 10 days of our trip. Less then 4K miles on the unit and tires since new. Rear fold down bed/chairs started to bend at mounts. This is by far the worst unit we have purchased of the 5 we have owned in the past 11 years. STAY AWAY!!!
- Nicole Lowe, Arizona

2019-06-19 2019 Pacific Coachworks Rage'n 2818 View Listings

Once we started using it, we realized there was wasted space and less storage. Shower pan was under utilized and should have been made wider. Changed out the mattress after the first trip. Window shades suck. The second trip out, the kitchen sink plumbing came apart and water went everywhere. The third trip out, the shower plumbing started to leak and we are getting a smell coming up from the black tank. Even though we used every chemical that’s out there to stop it, my fear is that the stink pipe has come loose. Knowing the other issues with the plumbing. Next RV purchase will not be a Pacific Coachworks unit.
- Bud Cline, Arizona

2019-06-17 2018 Forest River Sandstorm 282SLR View Listings

We bought our 2018 28ft Sandstorm Fifth-wheel toy-hauler 1 year ago. We had warranty issues and Dennis Dillon RV told us to wait until winter to bring it in and keep track of the issues. Wrong don’t ever wait! They sent off warranty requests to Forrest River for approval and we had a hard time getting the work done. Black tank leaked, our door wouldn’t stay shut, the oven cover came apart and the window covers were all loose. After 3 months we got the camper back and the black tank wasn’t fixed and the carpet had staples everywhere. The worst service and had to fight to get anything fixed under warranty. The door still won’t stay shut but to take it in and wait 3 months is unacceptable. Will never buy another Forrest river product or buy from a Dennis Dillion company.
- Bobby Browne, Idaho

2019-06-16 2018 Heartland Fuel 305 View Listings

Well so far, the slide out jerked back and forth on the way out and in, but it is working better the more we use it. Nobody could tell me where the hot water heater bypass was. (I did find it behind the bottom drawer under the sink). Just spent a weekend in the rain up north and found water in the bedroom on the generator side (found that rain came in the screened compartment and seeped into the camper on the floor) going to contact Heartland and see what they do.
- Kevin Nerby, Wisconsin

2019-06-16 2019 Forest River No Boundaries NB19.7 View Listings

Pros: -Storage, storage, and more storage!! Under the L-shaped chaise, the entertainment center (I use it as a pantry), the wardrobe, overhead cabinets, shelving over the toilet, behind the bed, pass-through storage, rear storage underneath [fits (3) 54-Quart bins from Lowes + more], at the entry to place several shoes and a small trash can, in the bunk areas, two drawers, etc. -Nice round, deep sink -Plenty of windows that open and bring in a lot of light -Outlets everywhere -Cup holders near the bed. -Hooks at the entry to place jackets -TV is viewable from bed and bunks -Very easy to clean using "Wet or Waterless Car Wash Wax Kit" and Camco black streak remover -Safe in wardrobe -Store the tabletop between the mattress pad and wood and the poles in the storage area when not in use -Didn't have to upgrade my SUV (Dodge Durango R/T) -Twin XL bunkbeds with lights, usb ports, and privacy curtains -Magnetic backings that hold the storage doors up Cons: -Shower height. I'm 5'9" and fit just fine. Husband would have to bend at 6'2". -No light in the wardrobe (installed a stickup) -One propane tank -Flimsy bunkbeds pads(??). Extra expense to replace w/a mattress. -Extended awning arm prevents door from opening beyond ~135-degree angle. -No sink in the bathroom, but we use the kitchen sink. -Frosted glass on the front door. Would have loved an in-glass shade. -No usb outlet near the bed -Haven't figured out how to remove cloth shower curtain to clean it. Seems built-in (??). -Can't slide bunkbed curtains to the far left/right. Screws on the rail prevent movement. Can only fold/flip up and secure with attached velcro. -No key to open outside shower. Should have checked upon receipt. -Forest River app is not specific to my travel trailer. A hard-copy manual for the travel itself was not included, just manuals for the fridge, AC, microwave, tv, etc -Title from dealership didn't have title number on it. Had to go to the DMV. Needed the number for a personalized plate. Check your paperwork! -Quality issues: -One side of plastic shower wall came unglued (??) from the wall -(1) hinge in overhead cabinet became unhinged after minimal use -Looks like mold on the wood holding up the bottom bunk pad. Should have checked upon receipt. -Black trim on fridge came off. Snapped backed on just fine. -Shower knobs not labeled -Partitions that separate usable space and the "behind the scenes area" are falling down/over (e.g., under the sink
- Tammie Washington, Virginia

2019-06-14 2019 Cruiser RV Stryker 2313 View Listings

We love the floor plan. That’s about it. The jacks are wobbly and have rusted after pulling 3 times. The whole undercarriage is starting to rust. The panel they use to hide where you winterize and you have to remove twice a year is falling apart where the screws go in after one removal. The sticky tape that looks like wood for your cabinets are peeling off or bubbling up. Should have looked a little better at the build quality instead of the floor plan. They have redone it twice and haven’t had it 6 months. Was told it’s cosmetic and no longer under warranty. Can’t see this rv lasting long term.
- Melissa garcia, Washington

2019-05-21 2016 Keystone Outback 324CG View Listings

Tows straight with a 1500 pickup truck. Large amount of closets and cabinets for storage. Walk around King size bed,with a clothes closet and dresser.Toy garage in the front eliminates sway in the rear.Heated tanks an underbelly make this unit a four season camper.Computerized touch pad controls all the options including stabilize/leveling Jacks.enough sleeping and entertaining for friends and family.
- William L.Smith, New York