Toy Haulers Travel Trailer Reviews on RV Insider (172)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Toy Haulers Travel Trailer RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Rich from Manitoba says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2016 CrossRoads Z-1 228RR View Listings

If you are considering spending your hard earned money on a Crossroads RV..DON'T BOTHER! My wife and I did just that in 2016. There is no quality control at the Crossroads facility. We received our camper with a bathroom door that popped open when travelling. This was due to a huge bulge in the vertical wood frame. Cupboard doors so badly installed it seems they were done by a 3 year old. The best part is the rear axle had been bent and the rear wheels were tilted outward. Nobody will fix that. Our dealer told me they can't warranty the bent axle until the tires show damage. I guess only seeing that it is bent is not enough. Several of the exterior clearance lights were installed but not connected to the wiring. The fresh water suction hose to pump was kinked. I will have to undertake some thermal scans this summer and determine how much insulation is missing in the ceiling and walls as the AC runs continuously even though it is dropping air temp 12 deg. F. Of course our dealer said, "Some campers are just like that." Both Crossroads and our dealer got what they wanted....our money. Neither of them will ever see another dime. These con men also offer a 2 year warranty which was a selling point for us. A 2 year warranty is useless when nobody will fix anything. We have been ripped off both by Crossroads and our dealer.
- Rich, Manitoba

2020-07-06 2019 Forest River Stealth Sport FQ2715 View Listings

The quality of the toy hauler is not good at all. The more time you spend in it the more problems you find. Holes everywhere from them moving around the blind guides. The caulking coming off everywhere on the outside. The floor coming apart at the rear. Every thing is junk. Id never recommend this product.
- Brian Phillips, Arizona

2020-07-05 2019 Forest River Shockwave DX T29KSGDX View Listings

We bought this 2019 shockwave new from tacoma RV who was amazing through the purchase as well as the issues we had!!!!! Forest River is the worst company I have ever dealt with. Their customer service is terrible, they do not back their product, they will find any excuse they can to skirt around all issues. The trailer itself is very poorly made and with the cheapest quality material they Could find. Almost every screen is missing a clip, the bathroom shower is very loud and feels soft in the floor, the fan in the bathroom did not work, the stereo was wired wrong, the slide was installed incorrectly which caused a crack in the outer panel, the caulking was peeling off inside and out on several areas, the cabinet door fell off the hinge the first time we opened it, the slide bed is not level, you name it and pretty much it was not right. I emailed and called forest river for three months and they avoided my calls and did not respond... they will not extend our warranty And they stalled on approving the repairs. Our trailer was in the shop for a month and was still not completed. Then COVID-19 shut them down so we did not have it back for almost three months. Forest river makes a terrible product, has even worse customer service, and I would not recommend them to anyone for anything! Buyer beware!
- Melinda, Washington

2020-07-01 2020 Winnebago Spyder 28KS View Listings

Drives and rides like a dream. Holds the road well. Stock Euro cabinetry is beautiful and provides a more modern interior appeal. Lots of expansive windows for open airy feeling. Had several factory issues but resolved in an adequate time frame to my satisfaction. Good dealer support. Lots of power and pulls Jeep Wrangler without effort. Comfortable seating for long drives. King bed is the real thing. Expansive storage inside and out. GT
- George Tucker, Florida

2020-06-30 2019 Forest River Vengeance Rogue 31V View Listings

We have had it 3 months, used it twice and it’s literally falling apart. Blue Dog RV is the worst when it comes to customer satisfaction. It took over a month to get an appt and then they were not even going to look at it so we could show them ALL the issues. We wish we’d read the reviews on Forrest River. Buyers Beware! All I can say is when it goes in on July 15 they fix all the issues as the entire bottom frame is Falling and we hope the bottom doesn’t fall out. The bed frame is completely Bent at the diner area and only the dog slept on it! Such poor workmanship is unbelievable when you make a large purchase S this and it’s brand new !😡😔🥺
- Milo jack, Nevada

2020-06-30 2019 Forest River Vengeance Rogue 32V View Listings

Started with an inoperative fridge and a leak on the slide out. Went in shop Jan 6 came out 6 months later. Three weeks after that....BAM new leak same side further back..... several more issues.....bad purchase. Very poor build for the money spent. Local RV shop where purchased in Lebanon TN is not a load of help either.....very dissatisfied customer.
- Gary Cooper, Tennessee

2020-06-10 2019 Keystone Impact 330 View Listings

We got this RV April 30 2019 have had so many issues with it. We found holes in floor that you could see the ground through sent pics to Keystone and they said that it is normal and my responsibility to seal any holes(we found several) now I have it in shop with 2 windows leaking so bad that my $1500 mattress got wet and they offer me $250 to cover it the water leak is so bad that the shop Forman has said it is delaminate and Keystone keeps asking for pictures they are trying to decide to pull back flooring to see if it got wet, I am positive it has. The dealer asked for more hours to investigate but they say it’s out of warranty now even though it was in the shop long before that date. I will never purchase a keystone product ever they are junk. Also I have had to cancel 2 trips that we had set up and coming up on a 3rd
- Roy Baker, Florida

2020-05-28 2018 Pacific Coach Works Blaze'n 25FS View Listings

Nothing but problems when we purchased this trailer. I should ran and not walked away. We did not even make it home with the license plate or furnace door and the access door kept coming open as we were driving down the freeway. I came home and loaded the trailer with all of our stuff. The next day it had rained during the night and all of my towels in the bathroom were wet. The skylight was cracked. I called them and they gave me the run around.Finally agreed to send the parts to repair the skylight sent everything but the glue to fix. Got some sob story about it could not be sent thru the mail. I bet they purchase it thru the mail. Just trying to cut corners once again. The bathroom had small holes that were not sealed up during building it.I did not notice this before purchase. The sent some stripping to cover it up. Also chairs had rips in the corners that I did not notice before hand. I would of seen all of this if the walk thru would of went thru. But they were prepping the trailer something that we paid for. And I went out and noticed the ladder had been removed and asked where it was and the kid said he would talk to the service boss. Well i went back inside and the service boss started yelling and cursing that it did not come with a ladder . I said I saw one when we looked at. Well it did come with a ladder and I fought and they put the ladder back in. After that the kid that was finishing up on the trailer said to me and my husband I guess now because of my jerk boss i will not be getting a tip! Really a tip for doing your job. Well no he did not get a tip. And that is probably why our stuff flew off on the ride home. This is Best RV in Turlock. I would never never recommend them to anyone. They are terrible to deal with. So now I have a brand new trailer we have used 5 times with all kinds of problems that they will not even acknowledge or call me back on. the slide out went out a few days after the warranty expired. So we pull the motors out and one looks brand new the other looks like it has been laying in the mud for a year. I know that they will not help us out. Would not even help if it was not days past the warranty. I am so disgusted with our purchase and dealing with all the horrible service . Do not buy from Best RV of Turlock Ca. or Pacific Coach Works if you don't want problems.
- Aldine, California

2020-05-28 2019 Jayco Octane Super Lite 273 View Listings

Have owned 4 rv's and this is the worse purchase we have made. Poor quality and workmanship at its best, no support from Jayco's customer service. What a piece of junk this 2019 Jayco Octane Super Lite 273 is. Stay away from this Company and their products.
- Milton Culpepper, North Carolina

2020-05-23 2020 Keystone Impact 29V View Listings

I purchased my V29 in May 2019 from Florida. It was my introduction into the RV/Camping world. I loved the layout and affordability of my toy hauler and was excited to start camping/year round living. I got it the MA and the DVD/CD player would not work. I eventually got it fixed at a dealer in NY, only to get back to MA and the DVD player still didn't work. About a week ago, mid May, I woke up to a puddle of water in my bedroom, which is adjacent to the bathroom. It appears to be a leak from the shower faucet. I have a call into the dealer to have it looked at and repaired. I have had the unit for about a year and I have noticed some "settling" within the unit. Throughout the unit, I have noticed the finished nails begin to poke through the paneling. I have also noticed the framing of the doors beginning to separate. I initially liked the layout of the bedroom and the height of the bed wasn't an issue, but as time goes on, it's not too easy to get up into the bed. Overall, I still love my unit, mostly because I enjoy my personal space and the freedom to travel, but will do a lot more research on my upgrade. Just fruit for thought.
- Carlos L Nunez, Massachusetts

2020-05-21 2020 Eclipse Attitude 35GSG View Listings

This is the biggest pile of crap. What isn’t wrong with it, we bought it new and have only used a week been at the shop for over three months and can’t get parts from the factory this thing was messed up from the factory.
- Wesley Guido, Oregon

2020-05-20 2020 Heartland Fuel 287 View Listings

Bought this Fuel 287 new from Camper World. To start with they broke ever seat latch init trying to show me how to put them down. If that wasn’t enough they put the velcro tape that was falling of back on with self drilling screws. Then laughed about it. The delivered it with battery dead. Tried reaching out to Heartland for parts to fix but no luck. Both compartment doors will not open unless you pry on them. The rear ramp door bolts do not even go throught the door. Lipert the manufacture of the door is shipping me a new one but I have to get it put on. The inside was awful. Nothing above eye level was finished, all inside shelves and on top was covered with trash and saw dust. Have not even been able to take it on road do to not safe. Called the other Camping world and they want to charge me for work. Insured me that my truck would pull it with no problems. I should not have bought it. Now I have to buy another truck to pull it. With the new rear ramp door being all white i will just advertise for Camper World and Heartland all over US. Will loan it to others just so it is on the road more to advertise more
- Kyle Graley, Florida

2020-05-08 2019 Grand Design Momentum G Class 28G View Listings

We love the layout and toy hauling ability. From the beginning Microwave & fuel pump didn’t work. Window leaked, awning didn’t roll out correctly, wiring incorrect from factory and had to be redone by dealer. Tows terrible, sways, And yanks our 2020 Ram 3500 around. My husband has towed MANY trailers and says this pulls like a wood box with no wheels. We paid $350 for an alignment shop to fix axels and they did what they could but said there isn’t much that can be done. Dealer did nothing and told not us that this isn’t under warranty!
- Kelly Martinson, Minnesota

2020-04-27 2020 Grand Design Momentum G-Class 25G View Listings

We purchased a 2020 25g Momentum From La Mesa Rv in florida I took our camper to Lazy Days to get warranty Repairs done which was a waste of time the absolute worse service Dept on this earth , I called Grand Designs Main office and spoke with the head Service Advisor and his assistant over 3 phone calls to try and get my leaking gasoline nozzle replaced and other issues , same old song and dance to cheap to send me a 20 dollar fuel handle I guess they would rather the camper set on fire !! Since Grand Design sold out to Winnebago this companys customer service has gone to hell , The original company lived buy great customer service , sorry to say it no longer there I wont be Dealing with these people anymore i will stick with Thor or any other Family owned Builder.
- JOHN FRAZIER, Florida

2020-04-05 2019 Keystone Impact 330 View Listings

Well let me tell you my experience with this RV, got it about a year ago sales super friendly service great crew, but as to the actual RV we paid about $65k with all the towing needs. 3 trips so far and after each trip it had to go to shop for repairs, with 1extra trip to find any holes due to a complete infestation of love bugs the service dept. did a great job of cleaning them out and found a gap and heater duct come lose and with thought we had it fixed and then found out factory denied and fault. Well let me tell you we went for a 4 night trip and found other holes to watch a mouse had died between the floor and sub floor and had to deal with the odor. The dealer has sent pictures of all of this and my RV sits at the dealer waiting for thier decision. I want them to buy it back and get me a new RV I no longer want this model not sure if I even want a Keystone or not
- Roy Baker, Florida

2020-03-29 2016 KZ Sportsmen Sportster 180TH View Listings

After less than 8,000 miles there are large cracks in the frame rails near the suspension on the right and left rails. The welds on the leaf spring mounts are cracked on the left side and the right side. I don't trust it enough to use it again.
- Keith Busch , Colorado

2020-03-29 2017 Keystone Montana 381TH View Listings

AVOID AT ALL COSTS!!(Because the maintenance could be enough to consider your RV salvage) These trailers are giving people MAJOR problems. I recently purchased mine and to temporarily live in. Though its spacious and has a nice floor plan, the components used are beyond unreliable. The products that come installed are cheap, and you can tell that the manufacturer only cares about initial quality. All problems that happened to me happened within 4 months. First the fridge cut out. After having a guy come look at it, he saw freon stains under the fridge on the floor. The fridge cannot be repaired for less than the cost of the fridge itself. Then the slide-out for the garage gets stuck, for multiple reasons. One is that it fails to slide up straight, causing it to get caught and stop. And another is that the motors are not strong enough, and you have to lessen the load by lifting the section at the same time as the motors. BOTH air conditioners have gone out for 2 different reasons a month apart. The bigger AC leaked freon, requiring the entire unit to be replaced. And the second unit just stopped turning on all together. The walls are also showing signs of delamination, the lights with motion sensors stop working, and the septic fill sensors become unreliable. Something caused a propane leak which, had I not gotten home early, would have killed my dog. On paper, it's a nice design, but within 4 months, you can be out over $10,000.
- Bryce Wilkins, Texas

2020-03-12 2020 Forest River Cherokee Wolf Pack 25PACK12 View Listings

I was looking for an affordable Toy Hauler with an enclosed 12' garage, bathroom easily assessable for all, bumper pull, not a 5th wheel, private bedroom, at least 1 slide......this 25Pack12+ had it all plus many more amenities. I installed the rear camera, added more led strip driving/brake lights, 4ky generator, large wolf head decals, Alfa Wolf! Camped all over Florida, campgrounds & state parks, love the patio/tailgate. We are planning our 1st long haul across county this summer, 5000 miles. The only issue I have had is with the fireplace, would stop working. It was in the shop a few times addressing this issue, only to discover this is normal. The fireplace and the hot water tank cannot be on at the same time with our 30 amp service.... The only con I found is the Fridge is only 110 volt, not propane or 12 volt, need to have generator running to keep cold in between camp areas. Pulls great with my Ford F350 dually.....
- Kenny, Florida

2020-03-10 2020 Winnebago Spyder 28KS View Listings

To say the least we are not pleased with our new 2020 Winnebago Snyder 28k 1st trip water leak under sink turns out pipe was broke.I fixed that.Counter was extremely hot with heater on turns out hose from heater under stove to vent at end of counter was a foot short and had never been clamped.I fixed that. Battery even though looked new lol would not even break 11 volts after full charge. Bought new one.We were told pro pain bottles we full they were air only no gas.2nd trip out bedroom sliding door fell off,and we ran out of fresh water.tank is suppose to be 100 gallons now reading they are 60 gallons. And we traded our 2014 Ace motor coach in for this turd because i didn't want to fix things. Refuse to take to dealer they will keep for ever. Understandably because they are repairing this crappy workmanship. Never again will i do this
- CHUCK, Arizona

2020-03-08 2018 Palomino Puma XLE Lite 27QBC View Listings

Junk. Dealer did a poor job checking it out, so did not return for more poor service. Now out of warranty and it leakes like crazy. We fix one place and another shows up. Had to drain under lining several times. This trlr would not even make a good dog house. Wish we could get our money back. The paint on the stabalizers was a joke. The factory painted o er oil so paint has pealed off and all 4 jacks are extremely rusty. The vanity cabinet was poorly done. It looks like a rat chewed the hole for the water lines to pass thru to the shower. The privacy curtain was screwed into the thin ceiling and pulled out when we were going down the highway. This trailer is crap, crap, crap! Would trade it but don't feel right passing this piece of junk on to someone else.
- Sharon Skinner, Texas

2020-02-27 2020 Grand Design Momentum G Class 29G View Listings

My tow vehicle is a 2011 F250 6.2 gas ext cab 8’ bed. 12,200 tow cap. It pulled with no problems after what I had to do to make it so. Was excited to find a TH with isolated garage. Little info at dealership, but expected tongue weight w/in my Class IV hitch. So wrong !! Bought a scale and found TW was 1700 lb. unloaded !! Later found online brochure stating TW as 1500 lb. I upgraded to class V hitch & sway pro 2000 lb hitch to stop excessive sway. After 6 week trip let me tell you the floor plan is poor. Storage space for cloths & RV supplies is severely lacking. Main bath is too small & the 2nd bathroom is a joke. Unless your a small child cleaning up after doing your business is next to impossible. Sit on the toilet & imagine it yourself. The shower is small & curtain does a poor job keeping the water inside. The garage is great, the couch is comfortable but a small Television off to the right leads to neck pain. The bedroom is cramped with little space to get around. Mind you my wife & I are not tall & of normal weight, but constantly frustrated by the shortcomings noted above. I cannot recommend this RV. Build quality is good, but livability is severely lacking for long term travel. Now considering trading in for a Keystone Outback 324cg or 335cg.
- Ronald Iocono, Delaware

2020-02-27 2020 Winnebago Spyder 28KS View Listings

Don’t like I’ve had it in the shop more than I’ve used it .. power outlets go dead furnace went out and never left driveway another power outlet went out only had 3 month’s hasn’t left driveway yet lol quality on everything reallsucks it’s like whoever builds these has no pride in there work I should have never got ride of my cougar trailer.. Winnebago should be a shame of there product no pride in workmanship at all everyday I find things that would just blow u away .. would never recommend buying a Winnebago
- James Andrews , Illinois

2020-02-22 2016 Forest River Shockwave 25FQMX View Listings

Nice starter size toy hauler. Spacious interior with all amenities to comfortably boon dock or camp at a campground. Large garage area has plenty of room for all the toys. Easy to tow and has been a great unit over all.
- Lolly, Washington

2020-02-21 2019 Heartland Torque T32 View Listings

I wanted to write this review to compliment heartland for there wonderful customer service! I bought this toy hauler 13 months ago, used it a minimal of 10 times and been very pleased. The first few months I owned it I called them a few times and reached out for different things that I found or needed help with and they were more than helpful. No complaints from me!
- Charles Baker, South Carolina

2020-02-14 2019 Forest River No Boundaries NB19.5 View Listings

We purchased our 2019 NOBO 19.5 a year ago today. Everything on the camper was great until two months into us living in it our water heater had a leak which was a factory issue. Our walls and trim began popping off. Our windows would mold our walls where the access panels are (bathroom sink, entertainment center, kitchen sink) would have model in them. The panel in the bathroom, they left a quarter size hole leading outside for the electricity. Also our shower a month in began to dip in the back so all of the water kinda puddles up there, the shower walls began popping off as well. Overall we do not recommend this camper to anyone it’s cheaply built. If we could get back what we owe on it to get rid of it we would in a heartbeat.
- Alexis , Colorado