Travel Trailers - Hybrid Reviews on RV Insider (90)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Travel Trailers - Hybrid RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Steve from Ohio says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2017 Forest River Rockwood Roo 23IKSS View Listings

We bought this rv last year. We absolutely love this. It is incredibly easy to pull and back up. The amount of space inside amazing. We love the fact that the shower has glass doors and a large linen closet. Great storage space and having the kitchen island provides so much work space. This is like pulling your own studio apartment with you. There are too many great things to mention. We would absolutely recomend this to anyone.
- Steve, Ohio

2020-10-20 2018 Forest River Flagstaff Shamrock 23IKSS View Listings

We purchased this camper new in 2019 as our first camper. After looking and sitting in several from several brands. We settled on this one for it's warmth and interior appeal. Man did we get it right ! The trailer is heavy. At just under 5700 pounds. She is a beast. But with the large fresh and larger gray and black tanks compared to other campers. I knew we had a winner. We camped the first weekend with it and it instantly became a focal point to the groups around us. My wife loves the island and I like the real wood interior and smooth operations overall. Now, onto our second summer with the camper. I keep it waxed almost every trip. Using a good wax I walk around and wax a portion almost weekly. It takes minutes. But keeps that unsightly black streak marks from showing up. And it shines like no other. This summer. I decided to warm up the interior alittle be tiling the back splash in the kitchen and bathroom. What a difference. We also changed out the plastic interior cheap kitchen and bath faucets with moen faucets and a sprayer. We are now changing the kitchen sink to a single large bowl sink as you just can't fit that large pot of skillet in it to clean it. If you like to boondocks. We upgraded to two 550 amp batteries instead of the single 425 the camper came with. And we bought a small super quiet generator to run the air and tv when we boondock. The larger tanks make a weekend next to the river no problem. And the amenities make it relaxing and enjoyable for sure. Upgrade your batteries. Cha get the cheap faucets and make some homey touches and I and sure you will love this camper as much as we do. Lube your slides. Baby powder your seals. And keep the roof clean. You'll enjoy this for many years and I plan on doing !!
- Shawn Cummins, Michigan

2020-09-30 2018 Forest River Rockwood Roo 233S View Listings

First I would say the QUALITY of a Rockwood product is top of the line. From the lay out to the storage, to the actual mechanics of the camper - windows, siding, etc Forest River has thought of everything! You can boondock or glamp which ever your preference and have an amazing experience. The Rockwood Roos 233s is easy to tow, easy to park and easy to set up. Once set up the inside is HUGE - 3 queen size beds - everyone gets their own space/bed and a large slide out adding tons of space - so the family can gather together. Making memories, enjoying the outdoors, just being together with family/friends with peace of mind knowing you are in a quality camper. Nothing gets better than that.
- Alyssa Candino, New York

2020-09-23 2017 Jayco Jay Feather 16XRB View Listings

We ourchased our 2017Jay feather new and we use it quite a bit. The only reason I put a lower mark on quality is because of the few issues we had. Medicine cabinet not being secured properrly. Wood where you sleep wasn't secured properrly. These issues were taken care of by the warranty. The other issue is I inspect the roof at least twice a year. This year(2020) I noticed nails pushing up from below on the rubber roof. I was told the warranty (extended that we purchased) doesn't cover this. I did take care of by putting a patch over them and caulking them with the proper roof caulk. It pulls real easy on the road. I have a 2017 F150 V6 with the Ecoboost ans the only time I notice I'm pulling it is if there's a strong wind. My wife and I enjoy it quite a bit. Like I mentioned earlier about the quality is good but not sure if its the best.
- Rick, Minnesota

2020-09-16 2010 Jayco Jay Feather EXP 23B View Listings

We purchased this model camper as it was decent sized, but yet relatively light and could pull it with a smaller truck. With the Hybrid pop out queen beds on each end it really feels quite large inside with out the extra length and weight. We had two young children and it was perfect size. When it rained there was plenty of room for everyone to stretch out and play board games or watch a movie at night.
- Chris B, Michigan

2020-09-02 2009 Forest River Rockwood Roo 23RS View Listings

Over all is a pretty good rv. My main complaint is the flooring. They use osb and i have soft spots in the whole floor. The osb is junk especially if it gets wet. Im looking at replacing the floor when all they have to do is spend a couple hundred more dollars on plywood and solve a huge problem. Thanks
- Eddie Rabun, Texas

2020-08-24 2018 Dutchmen Kodiak 186E View Listings

Fantastic trailer! This lightweight trailer is compact at a length of 20.75 feet. Many campsites have limited sites for longer RV's. It is also so easy to set up! We looked at pop up options that took up to an hour to set up. This is set up in a few minutes. The ends collapse and are released with two locked ends with secure bar. This space is the only canvas section which is two queen sleeping areas complete with privacy curtains and zippered enclosure for open, screened or closed options. You also have a bathroom with separate shower, toilet and sink area. The microwave, stove top and oven with fridge and freezer saves time and money with ability for cooking indoors. The outdoor shower helps with gear, utensil or kid clean up. It sleeps eight as you have the two queen sections and dining area and couch convert to sleepers. We also loved having a tv, dvd and radio to keep the kids entertained. There was lots of storage inside and under the RV. We highly recommend this RV!
- Lisa Ann, Alabama

2020-08-05 2015 Jayco Jay Feather Ultra Lite X23B View Listings

A great travel trailer for our family. The X23B hybrid (tents on the end) design is an excellent choice, especially if you are looking for a lightweight design with plenty of space, and also accessibility while rolling down the road.
- BJ Berglund, Minnesota

2020-07-12 2018 Jayco Jay Feather 7 19XUD View Listings

Ihave had my Jayco 19xud for about a year, taken it out a dozen times and it's a lot of fun. You get the feel of tent camping but with comfort of AC and a bathroom and kitchen. Came with good year tires and really pretty interior colors.
- Amber Hawkins, Florida

2020-06-17 2020 Palomino Solaire 147X View Listings

I can't name enough things that have gone wrong or have been wrong from the manufacturer. DO NOT buy one of these campers. It is made of "cardboard". I can only start to name things that are wrong....pullout bars don't fit, water heater won't work, window won't close, fan in bathroom is hitting screen, workmanship is terrible. Quality control was terrible too. Sofa was only bolted down on one side....fans with lights attached to hang from the ceiling while in the pop outs break every clip they have on them....cheap brittle plastic...so, then you can't use them anymore. We have used the camper for four days and every clip is broken. It's just amazing how one camper can be so bad.
- Cindy Meuser, Pennsylvania

2020-06-13 2015 Jayco Jay Feather Ultra Lite X23B View Listings

Bought trailer new from dealer. For the most part we enjoy it.The only problem we have is that it has 2000 lb axles and 7 in brakes. I contacted Dexter axle who makes the axle and they told me that the axle and brakes were too small for a 4000 lb trailer. The 7 in brakes DON'T STOP even when the controller is at the highest setting it barely slowsdown. I brought it back to the dealer and they checked out ok. Contacted JAYCO but didn't get any answers to the problem. If you buy a travel trailer be sure to check the axles and brake size. Very dissatisfied with JAYCO service.
- Dennis Reilly , Minnesota

2020-06-11 2014 Palomino SolAire Expandable 163X View Listings

This camper includes many upgrades at no additional cost like a heated mattress and ducted air conditioning. It has a lot more storage than campers of a similar size. The bathroom counter offers extra space. The oven is also a nice extra.
- Amy Jones, Illinois

2020-06-02 2014 Forest River Flagstaff Shamrock 233S View Listings

This camper is the absolute best for families who loves the outdoors and need space! The 3 queen beds, when canvas is unzipped, make you feel like you are sleeping under the starts. Turn on the heated mattress for added comfort on cool nights! This camper would provide many camping adventures for a family who loves camping with all the amenities of home! Our children are now grown, and we are moving on to a Class C.
- miranda herod, New York

2020-05-31 2018 Forest River Rockwood Roo 233S View Listings

We purchased a used 2018 Rockwood roo 233s. I really like how much work and effort Forest River puts into their rockwoods. Very well crafted. And the amount of storage on such a small framed trailer while keeping it very spacious inside, they did an awesome job. The canvas beds are great. Even living in a windy area the beds are quiet. I never imagined a canvas bed would be so solid. When we looked at it open the wind was 20-30 with gusts in the 40’s and you couldn’t tell that being inside. We have not had any issues that are due to manufacturing. Water lines, cabinets, appliances are all great quality. Very pleased with my purchase and have shown it off and bragged about it a lot.
- Danny Blankenship, Texas

2020-02-07 2012 Jayco Jay Feather Ultra Lite X23B View Listings

Best "hybrid" travel trailer floorplan on the market. Open feeling inside with plenty of storage throughout. Easily towed with 1/2 truck or mid-sized SUV. Set up is quick and easy- way better than pop-up!
- Jay Webe, Pennsylvania

2020-01-28 2007 R-Vision Trail-Sport 191TSE View Listings

This was our first camper. We LOVE it! We have done weekend trips in it, as well as, week long trips. It is extremely easy to tow with a weight distribution hitch with sway bars (not the kind with chains, but where the bars attach to the camper). I towed it from Indiana to Florida and back with a 2013 Ford Edge with no problems at all. On weekend trips, we have had 6 people (3 adults, 3 kids) stay easily. I highly recommend this camper for people wanting to see if they like camping without spending a ton of money.
- Sara James, Indiana

2019-11-09 2016 Venture RV Sonic 190VRB View Listings

We had the unit for two and a half years. Bought it due to light weight, floor plan, accessories and design. We noticed two years into ownership the bathroom floor was spongy and upon inspection was found to be rotting out due to water/wetness below the floor from unknown source. Floor joists and plywood needed to be replaced. Water source ingress was a mystery and repair shop sealed everything possible and pressure tested all lines to find source. After repairs completed we traded the unit off. Lost loads of money and faith in this company.
- Don Snell, Alberta

2019-10-21 2015 Forest River Flagstaff Shamrock 21SS View Listings

Our first RV was a large Starcraft with the porch on the front. We loved it, but the pullout beds were getting tough for me more so when that was the only way to get inside. We thought the Shamrock would be a great upgrade since you can easily get inside without messing with the beds and the beds drop down instead of having to pull them out. It was but the quality just isn't there. We have been fixing problems from day one. Windows don't open easily, curtains are too short, blinds have never stayed up, bed canvas disconnects, door lock issues, and staples holding things together coming out. Overall, we have enjoyed our Shamrock but I really miss having more openness of the Starcraft which gave you the option to have the screens, clear plastic so you can see outside without feeling the weather or the canvas so no one can see inside. We camp in all types of weather and I want to see outside when I am I inside instead of walls and baby windows that don't really work. For me, the best RV would have lots of windows and counter space.
- Jeanie Wynn, Arizona

2019-10-13 2014 Coachmen Freedom Express 254DSX View Listings

You won’t find a cleaner, better maintained camper. We have enjoyed having the extra bed when needed yet it’s out of the way when not needed. The electric tongue jack and electric awning make setup a breeze. The 6 gallon hot water heater makes for a good hot shower. The LED lights under the step and along the awning eliminates the need to hang lights in order to have light. With the rounded front towing is easy.
- Kathy Boggs , South Carolina

2019-10-09 2016 Venture RV Sonic 190VRB View Listings

Bought new. Only good thing is floor plan. Had leaks under kitchen sink on first trip. Awning came loose from body which dealer did fix. After four years skin has developed dimples on rear and front causing marker lights to leak water into rear bathroom. Neither dealer or Venture, K-Z will address the dimples. Or why they occurred. They know there is a problem but refuse to address. All maintenance has been kept up on this unit but dealer kept referring back to maintenance. STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY and any of there products.
- M.T., Ohio

2019-09-04 2015 Jayco Jay Feather SLX 16XRB View Listings

Easy to tow and set up. Very nice storage space both inside and outside. Nice to have a shower, toilet and sink in a smaller trailer. Jayco provides quality products and this travel trailer will not disappoint.
- Michael Dotson , Georgia

2019-08-27 2017 Forest River Rockwood Roo 24WS View Listings

I love the layout and the quality. It's great for short and long strips. The beds pop out easy and add major space but still keeps it light!! The storage space is amazing and the cabinets are awesome quality. I LOVE IT!
- Lori Vanhille, Florida

2019-08-19 2018 Jayco Jay Feather 7 19XUD View Listings

2 years old only. Wheels fenders/molding loose, cracked plastic screws. Black bed hinges that were black have faded, now bright gray. Looks awful. Drawers inside are crooked, and no longer close completely. The oven which we have never used is losing its molding inside already. The trailer has about 1200 total miles on it. It looks like it’s 10 years old. Disgusting workmanship. Purchased dealer extended warranty, and the color protector plan as well. No Help at all. Stay away from Jay Feather. There a joke!
- Michael wright, Minnesota

2019-08-13 2012 Jayco Jay Feather Ultra Lite X23B View Listings

Original owner purchased new October 2011. The floor plan was the big selling point for my wife and I. Especially the large amount of storage space, the large U-shaped dinette, though small the full bathroom, and the slide out that increased the interior space. After 7 years we still love the layout of this trailer. We also liked the 2 year manufacturer warranty and that we had seen so many Jayco trailers over our 25 years of camping. We had only a few problems with the trailer during the first two years. Before our first trip we noticed that the canvas on one of the beds was not properly stitched, leaving a 3" long gap at the window zipper. We returned to the selling dealer and they removed the canvas, sent it back to the factory to be repaired, and then reinstalled it. We've had no other problems with the canvas since then. The other significant problem was one of the water shutoff valves that isolates the hot water tank for winterization seized up. Because we were already at the campground I replaced the valve myself at a cost of $45.00 (Note-the other winterization water shutoff valve also seized 2 years later). We also had a window shade fall down when two screws pulled out of the wall, which again we repaired ourselves. The trailer is kept outdoors year round on our property. I do cover the trailer each winter. We have never had a leak and all the seals and caulking are still serviceable. We are not yet retired and camp about 3-4 weeks a year, typically no farther than 300 miles from home. Tires are all original, we had one flat tire 3 years ago. We are planning on buying new tires next season. The only other problem we've experienced is two years ago the green light on the control panel of the Norcold refrigerator started flashing, indicating a problem with the electrical unit of the refrigeration system. Despite the constantly flashing light the unit still cools normally when only running on 110v, no propane. If we turn on the propane the fridge will run solely on propane and the control panel lights will function normally. I have gone thru all checks and tests I could perform on the refrigerator and believe the problem is a faulty master control module. I have not yet replaced the control module, instead we just turn off the propane supply when we have 110v AC power available and the fridge operates normally. My last comments are about the livability rating and why we gave our Jayco 4 stars instead of 5 stars. The reason is the bathroom and shower of the 2012 model does not have a medicine cabinet or shower surround panels like previous or later X23B models. 2012 models only have a mirror and shower head, no soap dish or cubby for items like shampoo, soap, or washcloth. Why Jayco eliminated these items from the 2012 model is a mystery to me. After the warranty expired on our trailer we installed both a medicine cabinet and shower surround panels that have built in cubbies and a bar to hang the washcloth. I have since been very happy with the livability of the bathroom. In the last couple of years I've noticed more complaints about the quality of Jayco products than I believe there have been in the past. Some people have suggested that quality has slipped since Thor Industries purchased Jayco. I can only say the initial quality and durability of our 2012 hybrid trailer has been very good all the years we have owned it.
- Harry Cleaver, Michigan

2019-08-09 2014 Forest River Wildwood T27RLSS View Listings

Great rv for camping and short term living. Easy repairs when needed. Parts and services are readily available. Easy tow no swaying in high wind. Only 7100 lb dry weight so easily towed with 1/2 ton.
- Phil bender, Washington