Travel Trailers - Hybrid RVs Reviews (75)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Travel Trailers - Hybrid RVs Reviews and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of these RVs.

ken keating from New Hampshire says:

Have you owned any Travel Trailers - Hybrid RVs? Write a review

Voted Most Helpful Review 2018 Heartland Mallard M33 View Listings

Hello full timers' Just another problem with the Quality and workmanship of Heartland rvs. Last night our roof started leaking and guess where, right over my bed in the front of the trailer. Anyone else out there ready to join me in a lawsuit against these people, and get some laws passed to protect us? contact Ken Keating 359 Keene rd Antrim, NH 03440 60-588-2091
- ken keating, New Hampshire

2019-11-09 2016 Venture RV Sonic 190VRB View Listings

We had the unit for two and a half years. Bought it due to light weight, floor plan, accessories and design. We noticed two years into ownership the bathroom floor was spongy and upon inspection was found to be rotting out due to water/wetness below the floor from unknown source. Floor joists and plywood needed to be replaced. Water source ingress was a mystery and repair shop sealed everything possible and pressure tested all lines to find source. After repairs completed we traded the unit off. Lost loads of money and faith in this company.
- Don Snell, Alberta

2019-10-21 2015 Forest River Flagstaff Shamrock 21SS View Listings

Our first RV was a large Starcraft with the porch on the front. We loved it, but the pullout beds were getting tough for me more so when that was the only way to get inside. We thought the Shamrock would be a great upgrade since you can easily get inside without messing with the beds and the beds drop down instead of having to pull them out. It was but the quality just isn't there. We have been fixing problems from day one. Windows don't open easily, curtains are too short, blinds have never stayed up, bed canvas disconnects, door lock issues, and staples holding things together coming out. Overall, we have enjoyed our Shamrock but I really miss having more openness of the Starcraft which gave you the option to have the screens, clear plastic so you can see outside without feeling the weather or the canvas so no one can see inside. We camp in all types of weather and I want to see outside when I am I inside instead of walls and baby windows that don't really work. For me, the best RV would have lots of windows and counter space.
- Jeanie Wynn, Arizona

2019-10-13 2014 Coachmen Freedom Express 254DSX View Listings

You won’t find a cleaner, better maintained camper. We have enjoyed having the extra bed when needed yet it’s out of the way when not needed. The electric tongue jack and electric awning make setup a breeze. The 6 gallon hot water heater makes for a good hot shower. The LED lights under the step and along the awning eliminates the need to hang lights in order to have light. With the rounded front towing is easy.
- Kathy Boggs , South Carolina

2019-10-09 2016 Venture RV Sonic 190VRB View Listings

Bought new. Only good thing is floor plan. Had leaks under kitchen sink on first trip. Awning came loose from body which dealer did fix. After four years skin has developed dimples on rear and front causing marker lights to leak water into rear bathroom. Neither dealer or Venture, K-Z will address the dimples. Or why they occurred. They know there is a problem but refuse to address. All maintenance has been kept up on this unit but dealer kept referring back to maintenance. STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY and any of there products.
- M.T., Ohio

2019-09-04 2015 Jayco Jay Feather SLX 16XRB View Listings

Easy to tow and set up. Very nice storage space both inside and outside. Nice to have a shower, toilet and sink in a smaller trailer. Jayco provides quality products and this travel trailer will not disappoint.
- Michael Dotson , Georgia

2019-08-27 2017 Forest River Rockwood Roo 24WS View Listings

I love the layout and the quality. It's great for short and long strips. The beds pop out easy and add major space but still keeps it light!! The storage space is amazing and the cabinets are awesome quality. I LOVE IT!
- Lori Vanhille, Florida

2019-08-19 2018 Jayco Jay Feather 7 19XUD View Listings

2 years old only. Wheels fenders/molding loose, cracked plastic screws. Black bed hinges that were black have faded, now bright gray. Looks awful. Drawers inside are crooked, and no longer close completely. The oven which we have never used is losing its molding inside already. The trailer has about 1200 total miles on it. It looks like it’s 10 years old. Disgusting workmanship. Purchased dealer extended warranty, and the color protector plan as well. No Help at all. Stay away from Jay Feather. There a joke!
- Michael wright, Minnesota

2019-08-13 2012 Jayco Jay Feather Ultra Lite X23B View Listings

Original owner purchased new October 2011. The floor plan was the big selling point for my wife and I. Especially the large amount of storage space, the large U-shaped dinette, though small the full bathroom, and the slide out that increased the interior space. After 7 years we still love the layout of this trailer. We also liked the 2 year manufacturer warranty and that we had seen so many Jayco trailers over our 25 years of camping. We had only a few problems with the trailer during the first two years. Before our first trip we noticed that the canvas on one of the beds was not properly stitched, leaving a 3" long gap at the window zipper. We returned to the selling dealer and they removed the canvas, sent it back to the factory to be repaired, and then reinstalled it. We've had no other problems with the canvas since then. The other significant problem was one of the water shutoff valves that isolates the hot water tank for winterization seized up. Because we were already at the campground I replaced the valve myself at a cost of $45.00 (Note-the other winterization water shutoff valve also seized 2 years later). We also had a window shade fall down when two screws pulled out of the wall, which again we repaired ourselves. The trailer is kept outdoors year round on our property. I do cover the trailer each winter. We have never had a leak and all the seals and caulking are still serviceable. We are not yet retired and camp about 3-4 weeks a year, typically no farther than 300 miles from home. Tires are all original, we had one flat tire 3 years ago. We are planning on buying new tires next season. The only other problem we've experienced is two years ago the green light on the control panel of the Norcold refrigerator started flashing, indicating a problem with the electrical unit of the refrigeration system. Despite the constantly flashing light the unit still cools normally when only running on 110v, no propane. If we turn on the propane the fridge will run solely on propane and the control panel lights will function normally. I have gone thru all checks and tests I could perform on the refrigerator and believe the problem is a faulty master control module. I have not yet replaced the control module, instead we just turn off the propane supply when we have 110v AC power available and the fridge operates normally. My last comments are about the livability rating and why we gave our Jayco 4 stars instead of 5 stars. The reason is the bathroom and shower of the 2012 model does not have a medicine cabinet or shower surround panels like previous or later X23B models. 2012 models only have a mirror and shower head, no soap dish or cubby for items like shampoo, soap, or washcloth. Why Jayco eliminated these items from the 2012 model is a mystery to me. After the warranty expired on our trailer we installed both a medicine cabinet and shower surround panels that have built in cubbies and a bar to hang the washcloth. I have since been very happy with the livability of the bathroom. In the last couple of years I've noticed more complaints about the quality of Jayco products than I believe there have been in the past. Some people have suggested that quality has slipped since Thor Industries purchased Jayco. I can only say the initial quality and durability of our 2012 hybrid trailer has been very good all the years we have owned it.
- Harry Cleaver, Michigan

2019-08-09 2014 Forest River Wildwood T27RLSS View Listings

Great rv for camping and short term living. Easy repairs when needed. Parts and services are readily available. Easy tow no swaying in high wind. Only 7100 lb dry weight so easily towed with 1/2 ton.
- Phil bender, Washington

2019-06-16 2018 Starcraft Launch Outfitter 16RB View Listings

It has leaked ever since we have had it .we have had it in the shop twice and it is still leaking.we took it down there and they said it was fixed and it’s still doing then same thing .has anybody have had that problem to?
- Zina white, Alabama

2019-06-13 2015 Jayco Jay Feather Ultra Lite X23B View Listings

I've had a positive experience so far with my rv as a single owner. It is a hybrid trailer,so your beds stow away at opposite ends of the camper leaving more living space inside. The 1 slide out adds a few more feet once fully extended outward and converts into a bed. The camper sleeps 8 comfortably. Spacious kitchen area and closet space. Plenty of cabinet space for storage. Bathroom has stand up shower large enough for a young adult. a/c unit installed and very efficient. Elec/propane hot water heater. Forced hot air furnace with 1 or 2 supply vents. Electric awning with led lights. Electric tow jack when hitching to vehicle. Quick connect for external propane connection if you want to grill outside.the unit is fully operational. I would definitely recommend this camping trailer for those looking for an inexpensive but luxurious outside living quarters.
- Manny Santana, New Jersey

2019-06-10 2015 Starcraft Travel Star 187TB View Listings

The good: The layout is excellent, with plenty of room to walk around inside, even with four people in the camper. Have had as many as eight people camp over night in it. Air conditioner is loud but keeps the camper cold, even on hot days. Furnace is adequate size, and was able to keep the camper warm on a couple of December nights - melted snow off the tent beds. Super-fast and convenient setup, with cable-supported tent beds and a power awning - 15 minutes from arriving at the campsite to cooking dinner. The bad: total and complete lack of quality control. Obviously assembled using a pneumatic stapler by someone who forgot to wear their glasses that day. Staples stick out of random places to rip your clothes, etc. Front bench made out of a handful of 1x1s haphazardly stapled together, so it sagged badly with just one person sitting on it - had to reinforce it and add angle brackets due to concerns about it collapsing. Tents for the tent beds are sloppily installed, and have begun to separate from the body of the camper because they are attached by a metal screw blasted through thin plastic, with no washer or reinforcement. As mentioned in other reviews, the diamond plate on the front isn't sealed, so water leaks into camper if towed in the rain. Poor front-to-rear weight balance; must put all gear in the front of the camper to get it to behave when towing (with Nissan Titan 1/2 ton pickup). Low cargo capacity - less than 500lbs that includes propane, battery, water in tanks and gear - meaning most of your gear has to go in your tow vehicle. Much of the interior is fiberboard with a wood-colored sticker on it or just plain cardboard, so even if you're REALLY careful you could wind up seriously damaging your interior. Very poor-quality and poorly-designed no-name stabilizer jacks; they bent the first time I set up the camper - replaced them with a set of BALs at my own expense. Thin, sloppy paint that flakes off the metal frame in sheets - spent an afternoon last summer re-painting with Rustoleum in the vain hope that the frame will last as long as the loan I took out to buy this thing. The verdict: don't. Just don't. These things are poorly-made junk carelessly assembled from the poorest-quality materials available. If my camper is any indication of what Starcraft produces, they need to go out of business.
- Andrew B, New York

2019-05-18 2018 Dutchmen Aerolite Expandables 224ES View Listings

I honestly like everything about it. The hybrid is the way to go and it's really not much work to pull down the beds. It is incredibly good looking inside and outside and pulls easily. These are real queen beds - we're tall people and have no problem getting comfortable. And the mattresses are by far the best on the market. The bathroom is fantastic. I wish our master bedroom had a shower this nice.
- Bill H, Wisconsin

2019-04-20 2013 Keystone Passport Express Super Lite 199ML View Listings

Friends and fellow RVers Keep in mind that I am reviewing my experience with a now 5 year old camper. I cannot comment on quality issues with newer models. Livability: We have spent months in this camper living on the road. If you like dry camping it can be easily set up with solar and 12 volt extras. You can get into State Parks and other tight campgrounds that stymie bigger rigs. It can feel a little claustrophobic on a streak of rainy weather, but if you use a camper to access the outdoors and spend most time in such this camper is just fine. Quality: After several years of continuous use for months we are impressed that cabinets and woodwork do not show signs of wear. All appliances work as designed with few minor glitches. Simple things like the plywood under the bed is real and not strand board. Exterior? we have had no issues except self inflicted problems. Floor Plan: Do you wonder why all manufacturers have this same floor plan? Positives for us include the larger bathroom and tub, substantial storage for clothes and food (I remove the microwave and make more storage). I took a clue from the newer models and modified the bed to make a Murphy Couch for the few times we have people over on inclement days. We put a thin memory foam topper on the stock mattress, and it is very comfortable, and surprisingly roomy. We like the couch much better than the dinette, but that is a personal decision. One down side is the small size of the windows making it a little dark. Harumph. Driving/Towing: We have a Silverado 1500 with a 5.3 V8. The gross weight for the camper is just over half the capacity of the truck. We average around 13 MPG. I think this camper may be one of the lightest of the class. We had a Frontier that would have pulled it, but it might have been a struggle. There is still the 'push/pull' when tractor trailers go by, but it is acceptable. We replaced the plastic bushings in the suspension with brass bushings to reduce noise, but that is a common practice and not unique to this model. Warranty: We bought the camper used and did not expect a warranty of any kind. Overall: If you like a smaller yet capable camper, with loads of storage that can get you into the outdoors, off the grid, and can perform many miles of flawless performance, I recommend this model. See you on the road, my friends!
- Don Leuchs, Maine

2019-04-02 2010 Forest River Rockwood Roo 23SS View Listings

Second owner of this unit which was very well maintained. Easy to set up and plenty of storage. Solid well bilt and roomy, with queen bunks outside of the floor space makes this unit seem much roomier. With a few minor modes we love our Roo. Bar Harbor ME last year and off to Niagra Falls this year with several closer to home trips planned.
- Mike Drebitko , Maryland

2019-03-14 2013 Jayco Jay Feather Ultra Lite X17Z View Listings

We found this trailer to be very comfortable for trips of up to 4 weeks. In the 4th week we began to wish we had recliners for the evenings. Among our trips were two 5-week trips that included having a second couple staying with us for 10 days. We were all comfortable, although our 6' 2" guest felt claustrophobic in the shower. We added a plastic medicine cabinet ("contractor's model") to the bathroom, and that satisfied our storage needs. Things we appreciated: - mattresses were comfortable - we slept on the table bed in bear country where we couldn't put out the canvass covered beds - lots of cupboard space and storage inside - microwave, stove, oven, water heater, TV, fridge worked well - bathroom was roomy for this size of trailer - back bed felt more private and like a separate room because it was half behind the bathroom. - DVD player and stereo/radio - dinette was comfortable - light enough to pull with a small SUV (e.g. Ford Escape) - pulled very smoothly with a weight distribution and anti-sway hitch - small enough to fit in nearly all camping sites - queen sheets fit the mattresses (our previous trailer had an odd-sized mattress) - nice large awning - we bought it used and didn't have a warranty, but I was impressed that Jayco emailed me schematics for the walls (we wanted to screw a medicine cabinet to a stud) - electric plugs above the beds for small light/fans that hook onto the bars supporting the canvass - outlet at each bed, kitchen, outside, and 2 at the table Things we wished were different: - replaced air conditioner at 5-years old - not one drawer, so kitchen tools and silverware had to be kept in caddies and moved between cupboards for travel and the counter tops for living - small counter area in kitchen and bath - no medicine cabinet, so inconvenient for storing toothbrushes, toothpaste, meds, lotions, etc - difficult to open door to under-sofa storage - small hatch door on outside - stove fan was so loud we hated to use it - smoke detector goes off whenever we cooked unless we had the fan on - dinette was narrower (benches were closer together) than our old tent trailer and we noticed the difference in leg room, especially with 4 adults sitting there. - we replaced all the lights with LEDs - camping on the Oregon coast in heavy winter rain/hail caused the humidity to condense on the canvass and rain on the beds. Normal NW humidity and winter weather was ok.
- Nancy Samuels, Washington

2019-03-12 2016 Jayco Jay Feather X213 View Listings

This trailer is a perfect fit for 2 to 4 people. It tows easily, has a great inside storage area for our bikes and fits very nicely in small national park sites. We did add memory foam under the teddy bear mattresses for more comfort.
- Ann shea, Wisconsin

2019-01-12 2008 Hi Lo Breeze 17 View Listings

This coach drives so great I bought another one, a 2008. Chassis is unique to Alpine. After being fired, the chassis designer, Gary Jones, moved to Tiffin. Brake discs are biggest in industry so coach stops quicker than any other RV. Biggest windows. Same floor plans as anybody. Later years used BMW headlights for great night visibility. First RV to offer anti-anti lock brakes. Last two years had 7 foot interior. Sadly business want broke in 2008 collapse.
- George Weiss, California

2018-12-25 2015 Jayco Jay Feather Ultra Lite X20E View Listings

We really haven't used our camper much bought it and stored it had to have serviced for leak that was a nightmare! Now we our using it because we our in a flood and this thing is junk! I have buyers remorse. And the bad thing is ,is well are stuck with this piece of junk !We have a leak in the bathroom .the space in here is awful,the couch sits so it likes to throw you off,no cabinet space in kitchen overall design is terrible !It feels like 4 pieces of cardboard put together like a gingerbread house don't buy this you will not be happy!
- judith lentz, Florida

2018-11-14 2001 KZ Coyote 23CMS View Listings

Excellent overall camper. Plenty of room inside and plenty of storage outside. Excellent AC unit it will freeze you out if wanted. Tied down the road like it isn’t behind you trailer breaks work great. New paint and new flooring inside. Inside refrigerator stove and plenty of cabinet storage to boot.
- Brad McClatchey, Nebraska

2018-08-25 2016 Forest River Rockwood Roo 23IKSS View Listings

Great trade off between hardside TT and tents on the ends. Nice floors, large fridge. Has great kitchen with island. Sleeps 6 comfortably. Large awning. Opposing slides. Dealership has been very helpful. Overall lot of camper for the money and great for weekends or several weeks on the road.
- John Pearce, North Carolina

2018-08-22 2014 Jayco Jay Feather 19XUD View Listings

On a trip from Florida to Nova Scotia we starting having problems shortly after our departure and thought of turning back after 5 months of planning. In two separate incidents we had to replace all four tires and two leaf springs,then the two leveling Jack's in the rear bent. We had to purchase sizzor Jack's to replace the low grade Jack's that come with the trailer. Then the handle to raise the antenna broke. We call Jayco customer service for a dealer that carried the leaf springs and gave all the info they ask for,we sat on the side of the waiting for a return call that never came. I certainly wouldn't recommend any Jayco product and if you do purchase one I recommend you up grade tires,leaf spings and Jack's. Jayco uses minium grade equipment and certainly there customer service leaves a lot to be desired.
- Kenneth J Cafiero, Florida

2018-08-08 2015 Jayco Jay Feather Ultra Lite X20E View Listings

This RV is so easy to tow and park we enjoyed every trip stayed the month of January in Florida. Room to entertain, if its raining watch movies inside or outside the awning. I have added a medicine cabinet and night stand for the front bedroom . Kitchen is a joy to cook or bake in, for me, microwave! Showering is easy and lighted by skylight. Heating and AC work great. Sofa is in the slide out area will make into a spacious single and the table a double bed. When making a short stop, don’t open the front or rear bedrooms. We loved this RV! Selling because I have to stop driving soon ?? Like new, Must See?!!!
- Vince, Missouri