Travel Trailers - Hybrid

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Travel Trailers - Hybrid RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Nancy Samuels from Washington says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2013 Jayco Jay Feather Ultra Lite X17Z View Listings

We found this trailer to be very comfortable for trips of up to 4 weeks. In the 4th week we began to wish we had recliners for the evenings. Among our trips were two 5-week trips that included having a second couple staying with us for 10 days. We were all comfortable, although our 6' 2" guest felt claustrophobic in the shower. We added a plastic medicine cabinet ("contractor's model") to the bathroom, and that satisfied our storage needs. Things we appreciated: - mattresses were comfortable - we slept on the table bed in bear country where we couldn't put out the canvass covered beds - lots of cupboard space and storage inside - microwave, stove, oven, water heater, TV, fridge worked well - bathroom was roomy for this size of trailer - back bed felt more private and like a separate room because it was half behind the bathroom. - DVD player and stereo/radio - dinette was comfortable - light enough to pull with a small SUV (e.g. Ford Escape) - pulled very smoothly with a weight distribution and anti-sway hitch - small enough to fit in nearly all camping sites - queen sheets fit the mattresses (our previous trailer had an odd-sized mattress) - nice large awning - we bought it used and didn't have a warranty, but I was impressed that Jayco emailed me schematics for the walls (we wanted to screw a medicine cabinet to a stud) - electric plugs above the beds for small light/fans that hook onto the bars supporting the canvass - outlet at each bed, kitchen, outside, and 2 at the table Things we wished were different: - replaced air conditioner at 5-years old - not one drawer, so kitchen tools and silverware had to be kept in caddies and moved between cupboards for travel and the counter tops for living - small counter area in kitchen and bath - no medicine cabinet, so inconvenient for storing toothbrushes, toothpaste, meds, lotions, etc - difficult to open door to under-sofa storage - small hatch door on outside - stove fan was so loud we hated to use it - smoke detector goes off whenever we cooked unless we had the fan on - dinette was narrower (benches were closer together) than our old tent trailer and we noticed the difference in leg room, especially with 4 adults sitting there. - we replaced all the lights with LEDs - camping on the Oregon coast in heavy winter rain/hail caused the humidity to condense on the canvass and rain on the beds. Normal NW humidity and winter weather was ok.
- Nancy Samuels, Washington

2021-09-26 2021 Palomino Solaire 185X View Listings

Feedback on the window above the table and stool. The screen should be on the left side of the window. Because when u open the door without the screen. The door would cover the screen area. There are no breeze coming thru the screen because of that door. The screen should be on the left side so we can have some breeze thru the window and the door. Im disappointed abt that one. :-(
- Kendra, Massachusetts

2021-09-10 2017 Forest River Surveyor 191T View Listings

We have had this camper for four years. We traveled from Florida to Maine on a three week camping trip one year. Another year we went from Florida to Northern Minnesota and over to Toronto Canada. The camper did awesome. Our family and young boys enjoyed the experience and all the bonus features of the camper from the power awning, to the stereo with DVD and Bluetooth, to the outdoor shower for easy cleanup. The camper has been good for us and has held up well. We had to use the warranty once for a minor issue. We didn't have any problems with that. Forest River is a good product.
- Melissa, Florida

2021-09-07 2017 Forest River Surveyor 191T View Listings

We have camped for four years with this camper. Our family has enjoyed it. We never had any problems with the expandable Surveyor 191T. Lots of storage. The upgrades are good. It has served us well.
- Kyle, Wisconsin

2021-09-01 2021 Forest River Rockwood 235S View Listings

First year with the Roo 235S. Wow, what a great trailer. I will echo some of the other reviewers comments. My wife and I love the hybrid trailer as a concept, having graduated from a pop up trailer. You get the tenting for sleeping with the pull outs, and you get the benefits of 4 walls for bathroom, kitchen and overall livability. We haven't found the negatives yet with this concept. To the Roo, it seems to hit all of the hybrid features with ease. - Pop outs can be set up/down with 1 person (takes a little back and forth to tuck in the tenting), and done quickly. - The kitchen is fantastic. There's a double sink, decent
- Michael van Campen, British Columbia

2021-08-11 2021 Palomino Solaire 163X View Listings

Don't let the compact size fool you! We love how this fully loaded RV can even fit in our driveway when stored away, yet when in use, folds out and feels so spacious inside. The perks of having a real porcelain toilet, a good-sized shower, a large kitchen sink, and three-burner stove (instead of the usual two for this size) really make this feel like you aren't skimping on the comforts of home. The powerful AC unit and fan really keeps air moving so you can keep an optimal atmosphere. The fridge and freezer really surprised us with its large capacity. All in all, she's a gem. Even friends of ours with larger RVs were envious of the layout and modern style.
- Dustin Mulkey, California

2021-08-01 2017 Forest River Rockwood Roo 21SS View Listings

This camper-Forest River- 2017 Roo 21ss is our first camper coming from a tent! Huge upgrade. Very easy to tow with Ford f150. No issues with camper and no leaks! Had it poly coated upon purchase and have used wax wash products to clean and fiberglass stays clean! The heavy duty AC will freeze you out even in the bunks if you want it that cold. Manufacturer and dealer were very helpful with our questions being first time RVers. Every couple I have talked to with older and newer Roos love theirs. The big attraction being you still get the tent feel with the convenience of a hard shell camper. Next time I won’t get the internal water filter as we don’t drink from the camper. If you want to watch a lot of TV you can also get satellite for remote area like Michigan’s UP!
- Mark, Michigan

2021-07-08 2005 Starcraft Antigua 195CK View Listings

I have owned my starcraft anyiqua about 10 yrs I fell in love with it when i first saw it Over the yrs really learned to hate Seems to be made cheaply The roof has been leaking for yrs Ive had it sealed twice by pro’s and have attempted to do it by myself several more times The ceiling is falling down and is all wrinkled The floor is all spongey and the outside wall you can see where the water is running in between the inner and outer walls I am not hard on my things i take care of it but its gotten to the point where its going to be unusable. Going to have to junk it. 😢 Would not recommend
- Richard Renner, New York

2021-06-07 2017 Starcraft Launch 16RB View Listings

WE GOT OURS USED TOWS WELL BUT A FEW THINGS ARE A PROBLEM VERY LITTLE STORAGE SPACE, THE TENT PORTION SWETS ALOT WHEN ITS COLD OUTSIDE, THE MATTRESS ON BOTH BEDS ARE AN ODDBALL SIZE, THE BED IN THE CENTER WHERE THE TABLE IS WILL NOT SLEEP AN ADULT 5FT 7IN WITHOUT FEET HITTING THE END, ON THE OTHER TWO BEDS MY FEET HIT THE CANVAS, THE HOLDING TANKS ARE SMALL, ITS OK BUT I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS TRAILER
- PHILIP WHARTON RODRIGUEZ, Idaho

2021-05-30 2013 Heartland North Trail 21FT View Listings

We bought this camper brand new from Camping World but there was a small tear on the outside flap of the side where the fold out bed was. We asked that it be repaired before we bought it. That entailed them taking off the one side and sending it up north to the factory. When it finally came back, the side that was replaced never fit correctly. It was so stressed from being too tight that it tore apart from the frame and started leaking. Eventually rotting the wood underneath.We couldn’t get Camping World or Northtrail to even respond to our calls. In addition, the camper was poorly made. For instance, the wall surface and shelves began delaminating before it was three years old. I will never buy anything from Northtrail or Camping World.
- M Auter, Florida

2021-05-18 2017 Forest River Flagstaff Shamrock 23IKSS View Listings

This travel trailer is an easy tow with our F250. We even towed it with our Expedition from Tennessee to Fort Worth. Sway bars help the tow track smoothly. Camper is easy to set up with electric hitch and slides. When opened camper is right at 30 feet long. We enjoy this camper for tow size and ease of parking. We have decided to grow into a larger 5th wheel model as we are retiring soon.
- MaLisa A Horton, Texas

2021-05-08 2016 Jayco Jay Feather X17Z View Listings

Perfect for a yong family with kids. Has all the amenities of a larger unit. Especially the full size bath. There are No Cons. Sleep's 8 large awaning. Outside shower 🚿 it's perfect. Great starter Camper or a retired couple on a Budget.
- Ray Gates II, Florida

2021-05-04 2016 Jayco Jay Feather X17Z View Listings

I loved how easy the Jayco was to tow. I used a Kia Sorrento as my tow vehicle. I had no problem pulling the trailer with my Kia. I pulled the trailer out to Texas for family reunion it was so handy when I stopped at road side park with no restroom to use the one in the trailer just turn the pump on and bathroom was active. I was amazed at the amount of storage for the trailer size. I did use a 3 inch topper on the beds the mattress that it came with were not thick enough for me. My daughter and I had no trouble backing the trailer in and setting it up. Took the two of us about 20mts to have it all set up beds made etc. I liked the combination of the main area like a regular trailer and the ends tent like so you still get the feel of being close to nature. The only problem I ran into was finding a reliable repair place. You have to watch like hawk (Half done work) and over charge on the bill this is not the trailer fault but the sales place.
- Rebecca Painter, Florida

2021-04-12 2015 Forest River Rockwood Roo 21SSL View Listings

This toy haul trailer was perfect for our family of 2 humans and 3 four legged large fur babies. Was easy to tow and load our two atv's onto. Ample room and storage. Like the up front toy hauler of them being outside and not inside where we eat like most toy haulers. The bed was hard to make as are most.
- Darlene Herrera, Colorado

2021-04-09 2016 Venture RV Sonic 190VRB View Listings

Bought new June 2016, love the layout design of this R.V. with big bathroom and murphy bed; tows great. Unfortunately, craftsmanship and building of this R.V. sucks. Larry, Moe and Curly could have done a better job. Stay away from VENTURE SONIC/ K.C. company R.V. products Have had to repair or replace stove parts and furnace this year; but the biggest problem discovered the end of last fall 2020 was the floor along shower, dinning table and door had rotted completely from water damage. Apparently this water damage had been occurring for some time. After noticing leaky drain joints from kitchen sink when first bought, I had tightened all water and drain connections, and kept check. Did repair work myself, and found most destruction at front and back of wheel wells where there was a 1/2 inch square gap in each corner where wall of wheel well attached to frame, and was filled with putty. There was also no support left, rotted away. Had early on discovered there was hardly any support under shower floor which I fixed to prevent water leaking around drain. Good layout design, piss poor work on building and quality. Will never buy any R.V. from KZ./ VENTURE AGAIN!!!
- GEORGE SHUFLAT, Tennessee

2021-01-29 2017 Jayco Jay Feather 7 16XRB View Listings

We have been so happy with our Jayco trailer. It's been our very BEST friend. The unit is immaculate !! We've added a larger TV and Entertainment system. The unit has performed flawlessly. The ONLY reason for selling it is that we are just buying a new house, and will be needing extra money to help put the finishing touches on the property. Thank You
- Gary Yates, Arizona

2021-01-05 2018 Jayco Jay Feather 7 17XFD View Listings

While I like the layout, full dinette, and that a small trailer has an oven and a microwave. All of those wonderful amenities are overlooked by the crack in the fiberglass roof across the whole front of the trailer. I bought it new 2.5 years ago and its been covered too. Also, the crack is not covered under the warranty. If I had to purchase over again, I wouldn't go with Jayco for that reason alone. RV's are expensive and you don't expect this major of a repair to not be covered.
- Aaron Davis, California

2020-12-24 2013 Coachmen Apex Ultra-Lite 151RBX View Listings

Loved this camper trailer. Set up quickly, efficient floor plan, easy to haul, quality materials. At 6'-6" tall I had a problem under the ceiling mounted air conditioner. Would definitely recommend this trailer to anyone who wanted the feeling of sleeping in a tent but the convenience of a bathroom and kitchen.
- Erik Reitz, New Jersey

2020-12-19 2012 Jayco Jay Feather Ultra Lite 17Z View Listings

We bought this trailer used 1 year ago and really love it. We did clean it up on the outside but it was all cosmetic. It feels spacious for the two of us and tows very well. We camped in it this summer around Michigan and ended taking it to California and back in October. No problems anywhere on the trip passing trucks or with wind. We did use anti-sway bars. Workmanship on everything is good, nice cabinets, no water leaks, roof is solid. Refrigerator is big and works well, AC was great and the furnace works well and is fairly quiet. No silverware drawer but just used the oven instead. We did find that the expandable bed situation lets in too much noise for us but it is great in quieter areas.
- Claudia Smith, Michigan

2020-10-31 2018 Coachmen Viking 16RBD View Listings

Worst purchase ever! Always needs repair. Shoddy workmanship. Too many problems to list. Just check my computer work records!! Looks like my cross country road trip will never happen. I am throughly disappointed with this purchase. No amount of apologies make up for all my disappointments with this purchase!! Currently it’s 26F and furnace stopped working.
- Judi Baker, New York

2020-10-20 2018 Forest River Flagstaff Shamrock 23IKSS View Listings

We purchased this camper new in 2019 as our first camper. After looking and sitting in several from several brands. We settled on this one for it's warmth and interior appeal. Man did we get it right ! The trailer is heavy. At just under 5700 pounds. She is a beast. But with the large fresh and larger gray and black tanks compared to other campers. I knew we had a winner. We camped the first weekend with it and it instantly became a focal point to the groups around us. My wife loves the island and I like the real wood interior and smooth operations overall. Now, onto our second summer with the camper. I keep it waxed almost every trip. Using a good wax I walk around and wax a portion almost weekly. It takes minutes. But keeps that unsightly black streak marks from showing up. And it shines like no other. This summer. I decided to warm up the interior alittle be tiling the back splash in the kitchen and bathroom. What a difference. We also changed out the plastic interior cheap kitchen and bath faucets with moen faucets and a sprayer. We are now changing the kitchen sink to a single large bowl sink as you just can't fit that large pot of skillet in it to clean it. If you like to boondocks. We upgraded to two 550 amp batteries instead of the single 425 the camper came with. And we bought a small super quiet generator to run the air and tv when we boondock. The larger tanks make a weekend next to the river no problem. And the amenities make it relaxing and enjoyable for sure. Upgrade your batteries. Cha get the cheap faucets and make some homey touches and I and sure you will love this camper as much as we do. Lube your slides. Baby powder your seals. And keep the roof clean. You'll enjoy this for many years and I plan on doing !!
- Shawn Cummins, Michigan

2020-09-30 2018 Forest River Rockwood Roo 233S View Listings

First I would say the QUALITY of a Rockwood product is top of the line. From the lay out to the storage, to the actual mechanics of the camper - windows, siding, etc Forest River has thought of everything! You can boondock or glamp which ever your preference and have an amazing experience. The Rockwood Roos 233s is easy to tow, easy to park and easy to set up. Once set up the inside is HUGE - 3 queen size beds - everyone gets their own space/bed and a large slide out adding tons of space - so the family can gather together. Making memories, enjoying the outdoors, just being together with family/friends with peace of mind knowing you are in a quality camper. Nothing gets better than that.
- Alyssa Candino, New York

2020-09-23 2017 Jayco Jay Feather 16XRB View Listings

We ourchased our 2017Jay feather new and we use it quite a bit. The only reason I put a lower mark on quality is because of the few issues we had. Medicine cabinet not being secured properrly. Wood where you sleep wasn't secured properrly. These issues were taken care of by the warranty. The other issue is I inspect the roof at least twice a year. This year(2020) I noticed nails pushing up from below on the rubber roof. I was told the warranty (extended that we purchased) doesn't cover this. I did take care of by putting a patch over them and caulking them with the proper roof caulk. It pulls real easy on the road. I have a 2017 F150 V6 with the Ecoboost ans the only time I notice I'm pulling it is if there's a strong wind. My wife and I enjoy it quite a bit. Like I mentioned earlier about the quality is good but not sure if its the best.
- Rick, Minnesota

2020-09-16 2010 Jayco Jay Feather EXP 23B View Listings

We purchased this model camper as it was decent sized, but yet relatively light and could pull it with a smaller truck. With the Hybrid pop out queen beds on each end it really feels quite large inside with out the extra length and weight. We had two young children and it was perfect size. When it rained there was plenty of room for everyone to stretch out and play board games or watch a movie at night.
- Chris B, Michigan

2020-09-02 2009 Forest River Rockwood Roo 23RS View Listings

Over all is a pretty good rv. My main complaint is the flooring. They use osb and i have soft spots in the whole floor. The osb is junk especially if it gets wet. Im looking at replacing the floor when all they have to do is spend a couple hundred more dollars on plywood and solve a huge problem. Thanks
- Eddie Rabun, Texas