Toy Haulers 5th Wheel

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Toy Haulers 5th Wheel RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Richard J Ernst from Ohio says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2017 Grand Design Momentum 399TH View Listings

Overall we like our 399TH and we accept some of the simple fixes that usually come with a new camper. However, it seems like we have a list that wouldn't exist with proper QC: 1. The trailer arrived with the wrong interior. 2. The media chairs were mounted crooked and would get stuck on the window valance when reclined. 3. No hot water on city connection. We have to pull water from the tanks to heat it. 4. Half of the carpet in the loft wasn't even there. It just raw particle board exposed. I was told this was normal from my dealer! 5. Sliding door to the side porch is not square and the door doesn't close flush. 6. Garage glass door has a gap on one side, clearly not plumb. 7. Garage loft bed is not level. I have to push up on one side of the bed to place the locking pins in. I was told by my dealer there is nothing that can be done about it. I need to stand on a stool or use a pole to push the bed up while putting the pin in. 8. The porch enclosure tears a hole in the mesh when stowed for transport. The dealer said it's a design flaw. 9.Trailer was delivered with missing rubber keyhole covers. I was told they will not be covered under warranty even though it was delivered without them! 10. Batteries wont hold a full charge. 12.5V is the highest they will charge. The dealer is currently looking at that. 11. The door would unlatch even when locked under transport. The closed grab handle is the only thing keeping the door closed. I'm told the door isn't aligned with the latch catch properly. 12.Power converter was advertised as a 75W but a 65W was put in. 13. Kitchen slide does not close flush to the unit. 14. Fuel tank gage is backwards and reads the level in the opposite tank. There are also three options we paid for but wish we didn't and we feel a little deceived: 1. The king bed upgrade is not a true king, it's 6 inches narrower than a actual king. We upgraded so I could use our Tempurpedic mattress for my back only to find out later that I paid for the king size option and it won't fit my actual sized king. I now have to buy a queen Tempurpedic to replace the stock mattress but the queen mattress is too small to fill the fake king size platform. Basically I paid for an option I can't use and on top of that I need to spend even more money because of it. Stick with the queen unless you plan on keeping the horrible stock mattress! 2. The so called removable carpet kit for the garage area is a joke! It is literally a roll of felt that isn't even cut to fit the garage(see pic)! We had the understanding it was carpet that matched the carpet in the rest of the trailer. We at least got a small piece of carpet for the door step.The option should be title "unmeasured/uncut removable felt" because it is definitely not carpet! Buy a remnant instead from Lowes or Home Depot, it will be actual carpet and it will be cheaper too! 3. The optional stairs for the ramps have been useless for us. We have yet to find an area that once you get leveled the stairs will reach the ground, even with the legs fully extended(see pic). I have to use wood blocks to place under the legs even on a hard level surface. The only time they work properly is on a flat level surface without the leveling jacks extended(like at an RV show)! The side porch stair mounts were not measured properly and the stairs will not mount evenly because of them. I'm waiting for my dealer to see what they can do with that. I would love to have my money back for these useless options. The camper is nice overall but there seems to be some deceiving with some options, intentional or not....research the options closely or you may not be getting what you think. This is our first camper and our lessons learned were expensive.
- Richard J Ernst, Ohio

2021-09-12 2021 Jayco Seismic 4113 View Listings

I purchased my brand new toy hauler a few months back. On day of delivery we noticed several issues with camper. Rear awning did not work,plumbing issues,several minor defects. First trip out levelers would not work properly,rear ramp assist cable jammed and caused door failure, and decent system was a struggle. 2nd trip, plumbing failure from toilet, tank sensor issues, entry door would not close properly. Third trip dishwasher prep exploded flooding unit and electrical system,toilet continued to leak, subfloor was bouncing due to not being secured properly, hydraulics were not working properly, inspecting unit and cleaning for next trip. Screws coming up through garage floor, ramp handle screws stripped, roof delaminating,breaker tripping,entry exit door failure. 4th trip main awning broke shearing pin off in motor causing physical damage to the coach and my golf cart,plumbing issues again,fridge door would not seal, light switch malfunctioning. Notified manufacturer each and every time of issues, just looking for someone to inspect unit. NOTHING,NO HELP. ALL JAYCO COULD DO IS REFER ME TO DEALER. WHICK WAS VERY POINTLESS CONSIDERING THEY DENY MOST OF THE CLAIMS. I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS COMPANY OR THEIR PRODUCTS. CLAIM TO BE A LEADER IN THE INDUSTRY. WHAT A JOKE. POOREST CUSTOMER SERVICE I HAVE EVER EXPERIENCED. RUDE PEOPLE, POOR PROCESS,BAD RESPONSE TIME,ZERO CUSTOMER SATISFACTION!!!!
- Kenneth Brinkmeyer, Delaware

2021-09-09 2018 Dutchmen Endurance 3456 View Listings

This RV exceeds all expectations for a toyhauler. Yes, It is a serious piece of equipment and if a potential purchaser is inexperienced and knows nothing about the complex physics involved with equipment of this size and weight, I would recommend starting their RV adventure with a small bumper hitch camper until they gain experience to be safe for themselves and fellow motorists. The Endurance 3456 is truly awesome. Thanks Happy SAFE traveling.
- dr douglas w dragan, Pennsylvania

2021-09-01 2021 Keystone Raptor 356 View Listings

I absolutely love our Raptor. The quality is amazing and the floor plans are very livable. We full time RV in it and it feels just like home.we have not had any issues at all with ours luckily but as for quality it's one of the best in my experience owning Rvs. I know there are many options in toy haulers but I'm very thankful we picked Raptor over all the others. I highly recommend and if we ever upgrade I want the side patio unit. Love it!
- Megan, Texas

2021-08-26 2021 Dutchmen Voltage 4145 View Listings

Do Not Buy One Of These Campers!!! They suck!!! Reoccurring problems since 2008... Have been camping twice and drive 3500 miles and our camper has fallen apart... Everything from electrical to furnishings to trim fallin off the walls to the sound system buzzing all through the speakers to Auto leveling to the back wall splash falling off behind the stove to a Middle tire blowing to the sink cabinet hitting the stove knob turning on to the drawers not working properly!!!! The DVD and radio doesn’t even work and Major electric problems AC duct work doesn’t work properly if it works at all!!! This camper is Total Crap!!! Do Not Buy It!!! Keith and Shawna Freant!!!
- Keith and Shawna Freant, Tennessee

2021-08-23 2020 KZ Durango Half Ton 283RLT View Listings

Do not buy a KZ product. They do not honor their warranties! Please learn from those of us who purchased a KZ product. I purchased a 2020 5th wheel and had all four breaks go out within the first year. They will not honor their warranty and I had to pay over $1000 to fix them. I have only used the RV a handful of times. Poor customer service. Do not make the mistake I did and buy their product.
- Jaime Stephan, California

2021-08-19 2022 KZ Venom 4114TK View Listings

Bought this toy hauler for retirement. Don’t plan to spend another winter in Missouri. We absolutely love it. It’s top of the line but it’s well worth the price if u want 4 season. Tons of storage, 14 foot garage, with vented washer dryer, Our bedroom has a king tilt bed with plenty of storage. 3 air conditioner units keep u as cool as u want to be. We regret it doesn’t have a second bathroom. Other than that it’s amazing.
- Wilma, Missouri

2021-08-12 2021 Forest River Vengence Rogue Armored 351 View Listings

This toy hauler is very poorly built. Everything is broken from the 12V electrical to the cracked holding tanks. USB plugs do not work. I got the camper from the dealer so dirty. Would not recommend.
- regina robb, Pennsylvania

2021-08-12 2018 Keystone Fuzion 427 View Listings

We bought this unit new in 2018. Since we realized, the unit was built by monkeys. A year into this unit we had to replace the roof, auto level, and various light fixtures, fridge controls, and the exterior panels. When I try to get work done, my experience has been, that the dealer takes 6-12 months just to get the unit in to repair. Of course that might allow So called warranty to expire so they make money. Other companies have repaired the unit, but takes a small miracle to warranty ro recognize the work! If I had to do over, I would buy something else, definitely not a keystone unit of any kind.
- Douglas Stout, Colorado

2021-08-11 2021 Forest River XLR Boost 28RZR16 View Listings

I have owned several travel trailers this one is by far the worst one. We have only made two payments and only owned this trailer 3 months. In that time all the screws on the under skirt and fenders vibrated out before we even made it home. Then the skylight in the bathroom leaks every time it rains, refrigerator quit working, cable on the slide out broke, paneling is popping off the bathroom wall, ceiling is falling down, and last night the awning broke and the arm popped out and hit my wife in the face. I can’t get anywhere with my dealer or the manufacturer. At this point I just want out from under this trailer so I can move on and buy one of better quality. Any help would be appreciated
- Paul Stewart, Texas

2021-08-11 2020 Keystone Raptor 415 View Listings

Keystone has denied any warranty repair on the couch cushions showing rips stating that it appears to be damage that has taken place outside of the warranty guidelines. This is a new $140k unit bought in January 2021. Been through the dealer, keystone directly and Twitter. T
- Jeremy, British Columbia

2021-08-07 2015 Keystone Impact 341 View Listings

I purchased this unit new from Camping World in 2015. My issues were minor when they first started. Molding coming loose, water leaking around my exhaust fan. I had to reset my furnace so I took the cover off my air inlet and it looked like to make the access to the rest button they used a sledgehammer to make the opening. Now the hidden issues are showing up. Leaky windows resulting in floor damage in the slides and moisture buildup basically at all the windows that’s going to cost an estimated 10k to fix. I was fairly new to camping in a rv and my wife and I thought we purchased our retirement Rv instead we purchased a disposable rv after 5 or 6 years of use.
- Jeff Plyler, North Carolina

2021-07-29 2018 Jayco Seismic 4212 View Listings

This camper served us well. Talk about luxury and never wanting for anything, this was it! We were warm in the winter and cool in the summer. Weather two or ten of us, this was more than comfortable. Cook full meals or hang out and watch a movies and play cards. Always a great place to be. Nicer than most peoples homes. Towed great. Functional. Really a great camper.
- Danita Harn, Kentucky

2021-07-26 2021 Keystone Fusion Impact 359 View Listings

Picked up brand new Fusion Impact 359 Toy hauler in March 2021. On First Trip to National Parks Yellowstone, Glacier, etc. Noticed bedroom slide runs into bed and pushes the whole thing over. Motor broke on slide and now doesn't work at all. Here we are on middle of trip! Repair man looked at it and said can't fix. Said motor and cables all installed wrong. The whole thing needs to be repaired and re-engineered when we return. A lot of other quality and assembly issues on the unit. Can't imagine if a new car had design and quality issues this bad.
- Kelly Spicer, Arizona

2021-07-24 2015 Heartland Cyclone 4200 View Listings

We have owned this Heartland and used it while our kids were growing up. Great living space with room for all your toys. Tows great and has all the comforts of home. Have taken it on weekend trips and have used it for long vacation periods. You can totally be off the grid with this RV.
- Kevin Krug, Pennsylvania

2021-07-23 2014 KZ Sportsmen 315TH View Listings

First year we had trailer window blew out backing into parking spot they said not under warranty now 7 years later rear ramp door has rotted out no help from KZ floor plan terrible can't get into bathroom unless slide-out is out won't ever buy a KZ product ever again
- Peter janzen, Ontario

2021-07-20 2014 KZ Sportsmen 315TH View Listings

Ramp door has rotted out kz will do nothing to help lippert who make the ramp has offered one to replace it at a reduced cost would never buy a kz trailer again or any trailer with a ramp made by lippert
- Peter, Ontario

2021-07-07 2021 Forest River Cherokee Wolf Pack 325PACK13 View Listings

So after buying my unit in March and being told the front window was on order. 5 months later get a call to drop it off Henderson glass will be fixing it on Monday 7-6. Was told to come back after 5 to pick it up as the resin has to set. So go back at 6 a d no trailor to be seen. No call. Nothing. If I could give negative numbers I would. This whole place should be shut down. Customer service is non-existant. Going to report it to Bob and forest river.
- Rebecca L Jones, Michigan

2021-06-29 2020 Keystone Raptor 423 View Listings

Easy to use and I love the floor plan for long term living. Nice finishes and colors. The overall quality is very nice for an rv. We have kids and the walls and doors have held up very well even after a year of traveling!
- Catherine, Florida

2021-06-24 2020 Heartland Cyclone 3713 View Listings

I have a 2020 3713 cyclone. Purchased at Wilkins rv in Bath New York. Overall we like it there is plenty of room and we plan on living all winter in it in Florida. We have a problem with the fridge it does not cool and the door alarms keep going off. This has been going on for a year and the dealer can not get it fixed. They should have replaced it but they haven’t. Now we have a window that leaks and I was told that I would probably have to paid for a new window. I think heartlands warranty is the worst one I have ever had. I have had different rv and never had a problem getting anything fix. It is in the dealership now hopefully is fixed this time.
- Lloyd bisel, Ohio

2021-06-18 2017 Keystone Fuzion 345 View Listings

Overall we really enjoyed this unit. With any new rv your going to go through a get her fixed period. First 3 months it was at dealership getting things fixed that should have been taken care of during Predelivery to us. They all want to be family with you until something goes wrong then they all run or forget who you are.
- Mike Comeaux, Oregon

2021-06-11 2017 Prime Time Spartan 300 3210 View Listings

This is an update to my Jan 2018 review. We still have the rig and overall I'm pretty well satisfied with it. All major components are working well (Generator, Frig, Heater, Air Conditioners, Electrical, leveling jacks etc) I've put over 17000 mile on it since we bought it in 2017. Tires are still holding up quite well. Over the last 4 years. We have actually lived in it for a total of about 1 year (365 days) We snow birded it each year for about 3 months. I found out the leak we had in the shower floor was due to weight. When we bought the rig I weighed about 270. I lost alot of weight a last year (200 now) and the floor doesn't leak any more. At one point I had a major problem with the bedroom air conditioner starting and stopping then just blowing outside air (no compressor) I had a guy come out to look at it and he couldn't find out what was causing it (2019) I gave up on fixing it and took it home from Phoenix. When we got ready for our 2020 trip (Jan 2020) it was working fine and has been ever since. I mark it up to road vibration must have broke it then fixed it. No major problems to speak of except the wheel wells still flap going down the road. Very week struts holding them in (they broke at the welds against the side). Need to fix probably just take drilling hole and placing screw. I still feel this thing tows exceptionally well. I even fell in a ditch at one point, rig was at a 35 degree angle fully loaded. Trucks two driver side wheels were about 6 in off the pavement. Had tow truck right us and not a problem with suspension or tow tongue or tires. Probably had about 12,000 lbs in trailer. My tow vehicle is a 2017 Ram 3500 (not dually) with 6.4 hemi gas. Overall I like the rig for what I paid for it. Would like a little more room but that would cost more. I give the rig a 3.8 out of 5.
- Dajavou, Colorado

2021-06-11 2019 Forest River Cherokee Wolf Pack 325PACK13 View Listings

I love the way this camper pulls, but that’s about it. The quality is not up to par at $35k. The bed broke at the dealer during the walk through, the water lines got pinched under the floor causing no water to kitchen sink, the refrigerator stopped working about two months of owning, both a/c stopped getting cold on the second camping season, all 4 slide out seals have been replaced in the second season, and now the third season and the floor had a big hole in it at the entry door, probley due to the seals tearing up. Other than that it tows great and has made many trips to the dealer for repairs.
- James holcomb, West Virginia

2021-06-09 2021 Keystone Raptor 423 View Listings

Last keystone product I will ever own. When I showed up to pick up the unit three cabinet doors are missing from the outside kitchen and keystone refuses to fix the problem. 90,000 dollar rv and the cheap bastards can't fix 3 cabinets. Oh and my bedroom door won't close also. Poorly assembled and even worse customer service. F- for keystone and they've lost a customer.
- Matt Bailey, Arizona

2021-06-09 2019 Keystone Impact 3219 View Listings

Bought it brand new and was very excited to use it. We had the typical new RV problems which were easy to fix without taking it back to the dealer. The information on how to use some of the trailers equipment could have been better but, we figured it out after a few trips. The garage space was more than spacious,affording plenty of room for my side by side. Upholstery needs upgrading as the manufacturer used inferior materials. We'd only used it twice and the foam was completely compressed. I had to have a local upholsterer re-stuff all the seat pads with a more durable material. Other than that, it's an excellent RV.
- Steven Bauer, Arizona