Toy Haulers 5th Wheel Reviews on RV Insider (287)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Toy Haulers 5th Wheel RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Richard J Ernst from Ohio says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2017 Grand Design Momentum 399TH View Listings

Overall we like our 399TH and we accept some of the simple fixes that usually come with a new camper. However, it seems like we have a list that wouldn't exist with proper QC: 1. The trailer arrived with the wrong interior. 2. The media chairs were mounted crooked and would get stuck on the window valance when reclined. 3. No hot water on city connection. We have to pull water from the tanks to heat it. 4. Half of the carpet in the loft wasn't even there. It just raw particle board exposed. I was told this was normal from my dealer! 5. Sliding door to the side porch is not square and the door doesn't close flush. 6. Garage glass door has a gap on one side, clearly not plumb. 7. Garage loft bed is not level. I have to push up on one side of the bed to place the locking pins in. I was told by my dealer there is nothing that can be done about it. I need to stand on a stool or use a pole to push the bed up while putting the pin in. 8. The porch enclosure tears a hole in the mesh when stowed for transport. The dealer said it's a design flaw. 9.Trailer was delivered with missing rubber keyhole covers. I was told they will not be covered under warranty even though it was delivered without them! 10. Batteries wont hold a full charge. 12.5V is the highest they will charge. The dealer is currently looking at that. 11. The door would unlatch even when locked under transport. The closed grab handle is the only thing keeping the door closed. I'm told the door isn't aligned with the latch catch properly. 12.Power converter was advertised as a 75W but a 65W was put in. 13. Kitchen slide does not close flush to the unit. 14. Fuel tank gage is backwards and reads the level in the opposite tank. There are also three options we paid for but wish we didn't and we feel a little deceived: 1. The king bed upgrade is not a true king, it's 6 inches narrower than a actual king. We upgraded so I could use our Tempurpedic mattress for my back only to find out later that I paid for the king size option and it won't fit my actual sized king. I now have to buy a queen Tempurpedic to replace the stock mattress but the queen mattress is too small to fill the fake king size platform. Basically I paid for an option I can't use and on top of that I need to spend even more money because of it. Stick with the queen unless you plan on keeping the horrible stock mattress! 2. The so called removable carpet kit for the garage area is a joke! It is literally a roll of felt that isn't even cut to fit the garage(see pic)! We had the understanding it was carpet that matched the carpet in the rest of the trailer. We at least got a small piece of carpet for the door step.The option should be title "unmeasured/uncut removable felt" because it is definitely not carpet! Buy a remnant instead from Lowes or Home Depot, it will be actual carpet and it will be cheaper too! 3. The optional stairs for the ramps have been useless for us. We have yet to find an area that once you get leveled the stairs will reach the ground, even with the legs fully extended(see pic). I have to use wood blocks to place under the legs even on a hard level surface. The only time they work properly is on a flat level surface without the leveling jacks extended(like at an RV show)! The side porch stair mounts were not measured properly and the stairs will not mount evenly because of them. I'm waiting for my dealer to see what they can do with that. I would love to have my money back for these useless options. The camper is nice overall but there seems to be some deceiving with some options, intentional or not....research the options closely or you may not be getting what you think. This is our first camper and our lessons learned were expensive.
- Richard J Ernst, Ohio

2020-03-26 2019 Heartland Fuel 335 View Listings

Loved my Heartland Fuel. Lived in one for 6 mo while traveling the nation with my kids. Very well built. It had the 2 air cond, auto leveling jacks and the room in the back where my kids lived. We loved this coach. No issues
- Rob, Nevada

2020-03-14 2020 Keystone Montana High Country 381TH View Listings

Getting ready to take delivery of this brand new unit, if it ever gets here! The 381TH is a toy hauler, but nowhere inn any of there catalogs on line dealers, even the website is there any dementions of the garage, very critical issue wondering if my motor cycle will even fit, seen a video the guy said it was ten foot long, dealer said it was 8'4" that's a big difference does anybody out there know for sure, can't find answers!
- Michael Stanley, Missouri

2020-03-08 2019 Grand Design Momentum M-Class 395M View Listings

When we first saw this Fifth Wheel we fell in love. We wanted something with LOTS of light and this FW has a ton of windows on both sides along with the back drop down it makes it super airy. Kitchen/living area has a ton of space. Kitchen has lots of counter space. We loved the back patio and garage space. Didn't have a toy until we bought this and purchased a golf cart to tote along and was plenty of space and easy to load. The Bedroom has king size bed which is nice (not a huge fan of odd size due to rounded headboard but know that's a norm. Tons of storage throughout. The only thing we weren't a fan of is the length. It's super long so beware of that - great for stopping and staying for awhile but not the easiest to stop and go.
- Megan McManus, Texas

2020-03-07 2005 Keystone Raptor 3612 View Listings

What is interesting about a 5th wheel as opposed to a tow behind is the stability factor. I'm sure the weight is also a factor. Our first camper was a tow behind and at that time we had a Toyota Tacoma 1/2 ton pickup. First off the stabilizer bars were necessary. They were a pain to hook up. The camper sis not have slide outs. The first year we had it we spent 3 months traveling to Texas from New York and back. I just knew things had to be better. I shopped around and found that things could be better. My wife Had a list of what see wanted, first on the list a shower that you could actually use. the Keystone has that,12 gallon tank with fast return. No more camp ground showers. I wanted to be able to drive a stable unit. The 5ht wheel is hands above a tow behind. The list goes on but I will simply say a 5th wheel is heaven to hell for towing. We also found life on the road is interesting if you are in a cramped space. Getting a camper with a couple of slide outs made a big difference. It made it feel like you were home no matter where you were. So the other thing was the garage in our Keystone Raptor is 12' the tow behind was 10', but what a difference a couple feet makes. The fact you could actually get around in the garage with our bike parked and have a gas tank for the toys is a big help as well. Keystone made life easy. on board generator is helpful when boon docking. The fiber glass body instead of aluminum panel exterior is another up grade and the pass though storage area helps as well.
- Bill , New York

2020-03-03 2018 Dutchmen Endurance 3456 View Listings

We liked the floor plan it was the design we were looking for. Got it home and the fridge wouldn't work. We spent $1600 on a new one. Something wasn't sealed right in the hole where the fidge goes, so we had water damage. Six months later the awning ripped off, no wind or rain, just fell right off. Fought with camping world for 2 months to get it covered under warranty. The slide out switch would bring the slide in but not out. Now the switches for the front and back jack won't work. We have had really bad luck with our purchase. They definitely are cheaper for a reason. I do like the flooring, no dings or dents. I like that it has the bigger windows also.
- Britney Corder, Montana

2020-02-28 2019 Jayco Talon 393T View Listings

Absolutely love it. Everything works as it should. Bring a small toolkit, because a few minor things will come up here and there, but we have been very satisfied. The outdoor kitchen is great to keep smelly/smoky food (fish or burgers) from smelling up the RV. There should be a wind barrier around the grill though. It’s hard to grill outside when it’s windy...the grill won’t get hot enough. We’ve taken it on weekend trips and weeks-long trips over thousands of miles with no major problems. We might want something fancier down the road, but I’m afraid to turn this one in because it’s been such a good RV. The only issues have been the fuel line and one brake. When they were assembling the RV at the factory, a lag bolt was drilled through the garage floor when installing the tie downs and it went through the fuel line on the underside of the garage. And one of the brakes was squealing. Both were quickly fixed under warranty with no questions. I’ve had it out in the Nevada desert during the summer and in the snowy mountains during winter and it has been great. Very impressed with Jayco.
- Greg, Nevada

2020-02-21 2017 Heartland Cyclone 4250 View Listings

Great RV with high quality and amazing features. The outdoor entertainment space is like non other. The 2 bath feature makes camping with family so easy. This you can sleep the family plus friends. The unit has full size appliances and a washer/dryer
- cory, Colorado

2020-02-15 2019 Heartland Cyclone 4007 View Listings

We went with a full body paint and it’s gorgeous. That’s about the end of my satisfaction with Heartland. We’ve already had a major leak in the bedroom, broken blind, the garage radio doesn’t work, the sound bar falls down with each trip and the outside speakers stopped working. The coax is nothing close to what the diagram shows so good luck trying to hook anything up. Nice looking unit but very poor quality. I won’t buy another Heartland.
- Shawn , Texas

2020-02-14 2018 Dutchmen Voltage Triton 3561 View Listings

2018 Dutchmen/Keystone Voltage Triton 3561 Toy Hauler. Overall like the trailer. What I don't like is that the ramp broke while loading my 2019 Can Am X3 Two Seater. The ramp is rated at 3000# based on what the manufacturer told me. I had to get a certified weight for the Can Am in my discussions with the manufacturer. It came in at 1780 #. We bought the trailer from La Mesa RV. When I brought it to their attention La Mesa said it was a manufacturer issue and washed their hands of it. NOT GOOD! In contacting the manufacturer, which is now KEYSTONE, they told me to get a certified weight of the Can Am which I did. They have delayed, delayed and delayed. They have done NOTHING. A ramp built to 3000# and cracks at less than 1500# is a manufacturers DEFECT and should be covered. Both La Mesa RV and Keystone do not back their products and I STRONGLY suggest all BUYERS stay away from doing business with them. I have turned it over to my insurance company. Please tell all of your camping friends, do NOT recommend Keystone RVs nor La Mesa RV.
- Larry E., California

2020-02-12 2006 Fleetwood Gearbox 385FS2G View Listings

Loved it , worked great for camping at campgrounds or dry camping in the woods. Garage works great as separate living space for guests. Tows great cant even tell it back there( unless your going up hill lol) .
- Clint west, Washington

2020-02-08 2016 Dutchmen Voltage V-Series V3005 View Listings

- Duck Killer, Request information on your "added garage storage". My buddy has a 3200 Epic with the DoveTail UnderCarriage Storage. My 3005 does not. I reached out to the Manufacturer twice with no satisfaction. Definitely need to add storage for tie-downs, lubes, etc.. Thanks!
- Mark, Pennsylvania

2020-02-06 2019 Grand Design Momentum 376TH View Listings

There were issues to work out as with any new camper. But to not even tighten the tiger clips on all the plumbing pipes? Roof was bad. Moulding falling off. Radio not working?Few other things that quality control didn't see. Went in shop June. Got camper back in Oct. My new camper depreciated in the shop waiting for parts? Manufacture I am ashamed. Alpin Haus dealer doluble shame.
- Mary, Massachusetts

2020-01-31 2015 Heartland Cyclone 4200 View Listings

This RV is full of options and add ons. Great for a big family or lots of room for a couple and all there toys. In great shape, and pulls like a dream. New Heavy duty tires so you hopefully never have a blow out while driving. Decks off side and back for great fun in the summer or warm days. Tv's in living room, garage, side deck, and bed room.
- Clay Hill, Colorado

2020-01-30 2019 KZ Venom 4114TK View Listings

Bought new at the CA rv show where the factory rep was full of broken promises and now the factory says we don't know who told you that but its not true. From awnings that don't work to ac's that wont keep it cool in the summer and no heat in the garage,solar wont keep batteries charged when not in use and the 18' frige that uses way to much lp and battery to run. If it was plugged in all the time it might be ok but for boon-docking in the desert not a real good choice.
- Robert, California

2020-01-29 2020 Grand Design Momentum M-Class 351M View Listings

Don't buy a 2020 351M Grand Design Momentum from DIxie RV it could have killed my family. We had a Carbon-monoxide leak from the exhaust system of the generator. It leaked into our camper from the slide out while we were in the mountains dry camping. We purchased this camper the end of August and used it the middle of October. We have had multiple problems with it which some were repaired others not even addressed. Some repairs were done shoddy and now the slide doesn't align with the trailer. Grand Design say they can't duplicate the carbon monoxide leak in Louisiana however we were in the mountains in Colorado different altitude. However a simple smoke test we did when we got it home after they had it for 11 week and we only had it for 10 weeks showed the smoke was entering into the camper. We had multiple issue even with the hydraulic system going completely out on us and it would attach to our truck or once Lippert walked us through attaching it by overriding the system. Thank the lord we had tool and my husband is a mechanically inclined person we were able to attach it to our truck but we couldn't detach it until we brought it back to the dealership.We have problems with the water holding takings not registering 100% after trying to fill then for 30 plus minutes to be told the sensors were probably bad. We had the kitchen slide out to come out on the top twice while turning a corners trying to go up the mountain to reach our destination. To fix this issue they took off one of our slide out support brackets and bolted on another bracket an inch higher then the other one. Well doing this it took the body alignment out of place. To make a long story short DO NOT BUY a 2020 351M GRAND DESIGN MOMENTUM fro DIXIE RV you'll regret it. We now had to get an attorney involved because they will not do anything or have done shoddy work.
- Ashley Stapleton, Louisiana

2020-01-28 2015 Heartland Cyclone 4200 View Listings

We have been full timers for 4 years. Over all we are just ok with this rig. We have had issues with water leaks in the bathroom which caused us to replace the bathroom floor. We had to disconnect the outside shower because,we couldn't get that leak to stop and we got tired of loosening the rubber cover protecting the under carriage and draining water that collected there. These leaks also warped the floor in the undetneath storage area. The side porch leaks and it weighs a ton which makes it difficult to raise and close. There are no drains to allow collected water to escape. We feel that dry rot and structural failure are looming in our future. A bracket that holds the axles in place broke. This caused our rear wheels to move forward kissing the center wheels and effectively locking the wheels, prohibiting any movement at all. We had to drag our rig over 50 yards to get out of the way of truck traffic. That is when we found out that there are no towing services for moving a towable 44 foot RV. It took quite a bit of time to find someone to repair the problem. The wheels are still misaligned but we were able to make our destination...about 100 miles. We are too afraid to move our rig anymore because we feel it is unsafe due to the broken bracket and misaligned wheels. And, even a fix may not be enough. The workmanship and quality is lacking and disappointing. We are constantly repairing or replacing parts. We believe we have actually made the rig better because we replace parts with better quality items and workmanship. But, in the end, we feel we are fighting a losing war against lackluster and uncaring craftmanship.
- Jim, Florida

2020-01-27 2019 Grand Design Momentum 399TH View Listings

The floor plan was exactly what we were looking for. the quality of the interior was better than other models we looked at. But the dealer you buy from makes a BIG difference. Grand Design recommended Pleasureland in Ramsey, Mn. They give us a great deal on the price and were very accommodating around delivery. The quality inspection we don't believe was completed by the dealer. There were several items we called out during our inspection/walk-through that didn't get fixed so we had to go back several times to get them fixed which was a pain. the parts they ordered where wrong even though we took pictures of what needed to be fixed. The biggest issue was the back locking latch for the toy hauler gate was broken and would not lock. they would not fix it without the part. so we sent them the part and they sent back the wrong part. So we sent that one back and have yet to get a new one. Needless to say we have switched dealers we are working with now. We have made it through and summer successfully without too many issues. We did run into the gas heat not working constantly when there is snow on the roof. Haven't figured out why yet. Also, be careful that your doors are actually latched. You can lock then with them not being latched due to ice in the door gasket.
- Bill & Jill Mesaros, Minnesota

2020-01-20 2019 Forest River Cherokee Wolf Pack 325PACK13 View Listings

We bought this camper new and had a couple of issue with it in the fist couple of months. The battery disconnect switch broke (dealer sent me a new one same week). Refrigerator worked good when we picked it up went to turn it on for our first trip and it would not come on. Read the codes to our dealer they overnighted me the part. Our fist trip with it two tie downs d rings broke, I stopped and replaced them. Never had any further trouble with it until I went off grid and had a rodent get in the belly where the hydro shaft is and chew all my hoses and my furnace wiring and my fueling station wires and a few other ones. We loved this camper and it fit our needs well!! Insurance totaled and we are looking for another. We are even looking at the 325pack13 we just had because we liked it so much. But.... I will rodent proof our next camper!!! Most we have looked at with the rack and pinion slide out need rodent proofed!! Good luck in your purchase!! For the money ours was a great fit for us and we are looking at the XLR and wolf pack and key stone impact right now! Buy what you like they all have issue!! Happy camping
- David Cline, Missouri

2020-01-19 2020 Heartland Torque 371 View Listings

Warranty is not any good. The leveling jacks were to low to the grow drug one those off at r/r crossing. Had that fixed on two thousand dollars. Had jacks lifted now want self level. Gas will not come to the stove and have know way to cook or heat, other then electric then you kick breakers. The blinds are no good cheap made, So beware when you buying one its yours the warranty is no good.
- Nancy haley, Georgia

2020-01-15 2017 Heartland Cyclone HD Edition View Listings

Shame on you Heartland for not giving owners of your rv's the courtesy they deserve when it comes to servicing your coaches. You talked to my husband today and you were down right rude to him when he inquired about a claim we made with you several months back. Your response to him when asked to talk to the person who General RV recommended us to was "Oh you can't talk to her!" "Your claim was denied." Who gave you permission to block our rite to talk to this person. Heartland did not even tell us that our claim was denied. We have been waiting for months for our parts to come in. We had a leak in an outside light above the main door which caused the wall to buckle and our shower in the back was kinked so bad in the back bathroom and backed up water into the kitchen. When we talked to General RV in Mt. Clemens , MI to find the water leak they thought it was coming from the door. So they changed the lock on the door and when we got the coach back it still leaked. Come to find out it was leaking thru the light. We had a years warranty and we reported the problem within the warranty time and General rv told us to document it with Heartland of which we did. Now we come back to General RV and ask them why we haven't heard from them for months and all we get is nasty remarks and that our claim was denied. It is against the law to offer a warranty and turn around and just deny a claim because you choose to make up a reason it is our fault it leaked. We didn't build the coach you did. Leaks just don't happen unless the manufacturer is not doing quality work or using quality product. We bought a coach with a warranty. We paid for that and it is fraudulent for you to deny service. We r in our senior years and want to enjoy our coach while we can. It is your responsibility and you know it.Sad that I have to waste my time writing a review that is negative instead of giving positive feedback. This should not happen in The U.S. Build with pride and back up your product and work.
- Jan, Michigan

2020-01-14 2018 Highland Ridge RV Highlander HF350 View Listings

2018 Highlander Toy Hauler: One year warranty! In for thermostat not operating properly, fuel gauge not working, soft spot in floor of bathroom and kitchen (perfect line along seam of sheathing) Initial dealer dropped the ball and in 3 1/2 months fixed 1 issue (thermostat) with the fifth wheel. Never even investigated to pursue the other problems or report them to the manufacturer. Moved camper to another dealer with the help of Highland Ridge, and the proof that it was dropped off at the prior dealer within 1 year of purchase. New dealer sends pictures and description of issue with the floors (seam of sheathing is not lined up with aluminium joists in sub floor). Dealer recommends repair. Highland Ridge determines that there is no issue, within spec and refuses any repair. I speak with (Tiffany"team leader") Highland Ridge again, they say they will contact the dealer again. I call to follow up, Dealer informs me that Tiffany called and said that they would not cover the repair. I had explained to Tiffany that besides myself, 2 of their dealers had acknowledged the problem. I have had the trailer for 1 month of the year 2019. Highland Ridge despite 2 dealers saying there is a problem and pictures showing that the seam of sheathing is not over the aluminium joist. Tiffany told me that because the floor is layered and has a top layer and bottom layer of sheathing with the aluminum joists and foam between the layers of sheathing that the seam does not need to be over the joist. The location of the soft spot is exactly along the line of supported sheathing and the next piece of sheathing with support further away. I would recommend that any one looking to purchase an RV to look anywhere other than anything from Highland Ridge. I thought that all the stories were untrue with their initial support and effort but ultimately they decide that it is better to screw the customer than stand up and repair what is obviously a manufacturers issue. I allowed for ample time and have in no way been rude or belligerent the pay back for this has been to get stuck with a very expensive unit with soft spots in the floors less than a year after purchase and no support from the manufacturer. I have spoken at length with my current dealer and the technician working on it, both repeatedly apologize and tell me they can't believe how this has been swept under the rug by Highland Ridge. Find any other company that will do anything ?!?, you will be ahead of anyone with a Highland Ridge. They are as bad as the first Dealer (Browns RV in South Carolina). Never ever do business with these lazy, dishonest businesses! Tom Seneca, SC
- Tom Bailey, South Carolina

2020-01-13 2019 Dutchmen Voltage 3605 View Listings

Great Toy Hauler / 5th wheel! Lot's of space; huge garage; and plenty of room to sleep 8+. If you want to live & travel on the nice side of life, this is the vehicle for you. Plenty of space for a 4 seater side by side too.
- Blake, California

2020-01-11 2018 Heartland Road Warrior 413 View Listings

We have a 2018 Road Warrior and we absolutely love it. We have lived it in full time for 7 months. It has everything a house has and more. The ability to be able to hook up to it and pull it anywhere makes it a freeing moment. My husband has a Harley and anytime we go to bike week it’s super easy to load and un load. Definitely recommend this toy hauler
- Jwoverby2291, North Carolina

2020-01-08 2020 Grand Design Momentum 397TH View Listings

Love our toyhauler have had 4 others before this different companies. Best warranty service on grand design. Love the quality, floir plan. Love this 5th wheel. When we had a problem in and out. Grand design service techs are superb.
- Patricia richman, Florida