Toy Haulers 5th Wheel Reviews on RV Insider (336)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Toy Haulers 5th Wheel RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Richard J Ernst from Ohio says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2017 Grand Design Momentum 399TH View Listings

Overall we like our 399TH and we accept some of the simple fixes that usually come with a new camper. However, it seems like we have a list that wouldn't exist with proper QC: 1. The trailer arrived with the wrong interior. 2. The media chairs were mounted crooked and would get stuck on the window valance when reclined. 3. No hot water on city connection. We have to pull water from the tanks to heat it. 4. Half of the carpet in the loft wasn't even there. It just raw particle board exposed. I was told this was normal from my dealer! 5. Sliding door to the side porch is not square and the door doesn't close flush. 6. Garage glass door has a gap on one side, clearly not plumb. 7. Garage loft bed is not level. I have to push up on one side of the bed to place the locking pins in. I was told by my dealer there is nothing that can be done about it. I need to stand on a stool or use a pole to push the bed up while putting the pin in. 8. The porch enclosure tears a hole in the mesh when stowed for transport. The dealer said it's a design flaw. 9.Trailer was delivered with missing rubber keyhole covers. I was told they will not be covered under warranty even though it was delivered without them! 10. Batteries wont hold a full charge. 12.5V is the highest they will charge. The dealer is currently looking at that. 11. The door would unlatch even when locked under transport. The closed grab handle is the only thing keeping the door closed. I'm told the door isn't aligned with the latch catch properly. 12.Power converter was advertised as a 75W but a 65W was put in. 13. Kitchen slide does not close flush to the unit. 14. Fuel tank gage is backwards and reads the level in the opposite tank. There are also three options we paid for but wish we didn't and we feel a little deceived: 1. The king bed upgrade is not a true king, it's 6 inches narrower than a actual king. We upgraded so I could use our Tempurpedic mattress for my back only to find out later that I paid for the king size option and it won't fit my actual sized king. I now have to buy a queen Tempurpedic to replace the stock mattress but the queen mattress is too small to fill the fake king size platform. Basically I paid for an option I can't use and on top of that I need to spend even more money because of it. Stick with the queen unless you plan on keeping the horrible stock mattress! 2. The so called removable carpet kit for the garage area is a joke! It is literally a roll of felt that isn't even cut to fit the garage(see pic)! We had the understanding it was carpet that matched the carpet in the rest of the trailer. We at least got a small piece of carpet for the door step.The option should be title "unmeasured/uncut removable felt" because it is definitely not carpet! Buy a remnant instead from Lowes or Home Depot, it will be actual carpet and it will be cheaper too! 3. The optional stairs for the ramps have been useless for us. We have yet to find an area that once you get leveled the stairs will reach the ground, even with the legs fully extended(see pic). I have to use wood blocks to place under the legs even on a hard level surface. The only time they work properly is on a flat level surface without the leveling jacks extended(like at an RV show)! The side porch stair mounts were not measured properly and the stairs will not mount evenly because of them. I'm waiting for my dealer to see what they can do with that. I would love to have my money back for these useless options. The camper is nice overall but there seems to be some deceiving with some options, intentional or not....research the options closely or you may not be getting what you think. This is our first camper and our lessons learned were expensive.
- Richard J Ernst, Ohio

2020-08-05 2019 Grand Design Momentum M-Class 395M View Listings

Like many others we purchased our Grand Design based off the floor plan, nice looking interior, supposedly good warranty, and that it is touted as being a great RV for full timing. We had done our research and visited several dealers before making our decision. We saw many negative reviews for Grand Design, but to be honest every RV manufacture had the same including Keystone which we had owned previously with no problems. We don't take lightly leaving negative reviews for any business, but especially a smaller American family run business, however I really also hate to see any other families in our situation. *For those wanting the short version. On the first night out with our brand new 2019 Grand Design 395M that was purchased for full-time living we discovered the refrigerator, generator, shower, and back awning were all faulty and not functioning. It has been eight weeks and two dealers later and our RV still has not had one repair done. Grand Design really talks up their warranty and customer service departments but absolutely no action, it's clear their beautiful trailers are cosmetic only and they use crap parts to build, and the three authorized dealers we have dealt with so far (the one we purchased it from and the two we've had it at for repairs) are just as bad for customer service. This has been a nightmare purchase and at this point we are out $80,00 for something unusable and falling apart from literally day one and we will have to peruse a legal battle to recoup any money back.* We are a military family who decided we wanted to full time for our last assignment. We are tired of throwing our money away on rent and it's the only way we could afford to purchase an RV to use for our retirement in a couple years (we had sold our previous Keystone to move overseas). My husband had looked at many Grand Designs on trips back to the States and we were excited with the 395M floor plan. We found a dealer near Atlanta Georgia selling a new 2019 model with reduced price so they could make room for the 2020 models and thought we had found our home. There was a delay in us being able to pick it up because of Covid and we had to wait two months, but was assured it was ready for us to live in as we had made it very clear to the dealer that this would be our full time residence and that my husband only had one week to settle us in before leaving for five months of training. We drove the RV to our new base in Mississippi and that first night out the fridge wouldn't cool. We had no time to drive clear back to Georgia and hoped that it would be an easy fix so decided to take it to a Grand Design dealer near the area. The next morning before we could even get the trailer to the dealer the shower flooded and the generator wouldn't work either. That dealer had our RV for five weeks supposedly trying to make repairs but then told us they wouldn't work on it anymore since they weren't the selling dealer and we were getting frustrated with the lack of/and slow response from Grand Design warranty department. By this point my husband had left for training and my daughters and I had been homeless paying for hotels out of pocket and bumming on our college sons bedroom floor. When it became apparent that nothing would be solved I contacted a lawyer only to be told to file a Lemon Law Suit the manufacture has 60 days and two failed attempts to make repairs so we had my husband leave his training and fly out to move our trailer to another dealer in hopes of the repairs being done, they have had it three weeks and it's still not fixed. We have been eight weeks without the $80,000 RV we purchased to be our home! Also, during this time our son who is at college in Alabama had an accident while mountain biking and broke his back in six places, cracked several ribs, and collapsed a lung. After six days in the hospital he was released to our care, but I had no home to bring him too. We had to continue staying on the floor of his condo caring for him for three weeks which was really awkward since he has roommates! Now that he can move around more on his own my daughters and I are living in a nasty Motel 6 so we can still be close to help drive him to all his doctor appointments and therapies. I own a brand new $80,000 trailer that I should be able to move wherever I need and live in, except it's falling apart and has been in repair shops since the first night out! I also need to register my daughters for school that starts next week in Mississippi, but can't because I don't have a place to live. All our money is tied up in this new trailer and the new truck we purchased to tow it because we were going to full time so I don't have the money to even rent an apartment. What was supposed to be a smart financial decision has been an expensive nightmare. What was supposed to be a fun family experience has left us all anxious and stressed. All I can say is beware of Grand Design trailers.
- Meredith Kemp, Alabama

2020-07-27 2021 Forest River Cherokee Wolf Pack 325PACK13 View Listings

Can't give it a better rating, because I wouldn't know. We bought our 2021 camper on May 22nd, picked it up on June 6th, took it camping on June 10th and the refrigerator stopped working on June 11th. Brought the brand new camper back to the dealer on June 19th and they say the warrantee claim was finally approved by forest river by July 17t and now I still sit - 39 days later - without my brand new camper, with no idea when Forest River will get the new refrigerator to RV Outlet. The entire summer will be gone before I know it. Is anyone going to extend the warrantee on this thing or give me back my summer or even let me know what to expect???? RV Outlet blames Forest River... Who you going to blame Forest River?
- Kim Adams, Virginia

2020-07-25 2017 Jayco Seismic 4112 View Listings

Great open layout. Tows amazingly! Great family unit. You will not be disappointed by the quality of this unit. Generator is so handy when you stop at unserviced sites. Solar prep is handy for keeping the batteries topped up during the day when you can’t run the generator.
- Marco Patrignani, British Columbia

2020-07-25 2013 Keystone Raptor Velocity 310TS View Listings

We enjoyed the raptor many fun times. The back makes into a nice party room for many people. We are getting older and decided to go with a motor home for traveling purposes. We kept inside in winter months and clean inside and out regularly.
- Jane Etheridge , Wisconsin

2020-07-23 2015 Heartland Cyclone 4200 View Listings

We've had ours for almost 5 years. The features and overall experience has been awesome. Love the two patios, it drives like a 30 footer, hard to believe it's as long as it is behind my F-350. The toy hauler area is fantastic with a clean-up bathroom, twin queen beds, flat-screen, table setup. We've loved it! Yes, there have been some minor items, but that's RV life.
- ssteiner, Texas

2020-07-23 2019 Keystone Fuzion 429 View Listings

This is the most beautiful and well layed out fifth wheel I've ever seen. My daughter spent moths researching this unit and the craftsman ship was well executed and even more well thought out. Although they had a few items that needed to be addressed, Keystone did a fine job of taking care of the repairs and it was smooth and seamless. I stayed with my daughter and son in law in this palace on wheels for many extended stays while they lived in it. What a flexible floor plan and truly luxurious for the price.
- Laura Hawk, Arizona

2020-07-22 2011 Keystone Fuzion Touring Edtion III 360 View Listings

There have been a lot of reviews that knock down the quality of their RVs. I believe that you need to go into ownership with your eyes wide open. These are not stationary vehicles. The roads put a huge amount of strain on the trailers. Screws will back themselves out, things come loose. Things wear out, tires get shredded, etc. That's the nature of a trailer. With that being said, We lived in our RV for over a year while traveling. This was our home. A family of four, teenager and preteen. We wanted be comfortable and be able to play. This camper afforded us that luxury. Lots of time being able to boondock due to the large freshwater and gray and black tanks on this unit. We could be out for weeks without needing to dump. Only making runs for water and food. This is a large vehicle and needs a truck that can safely tow it since it is a triple axle beast. I would recommend this particular trailer. There are obvious things that needed to be upgraded. The suspension from the factory is less than desirable. Upgrade the tires to a 14 ply rating. A TPMS to monitor them is an absolute must. Most of all enjoy the great outdoors!
- Matt Weeks, Minnesota

2020-07-16 2014 Pacific Coachworks Sandsport F305 View Listings

This trailer has a great layout and was exactly what I was looking for until I started using it. In the first year of using this trailer, the large slide motor became detached from mount / broke. No way to manually crank slide. Poor wiring -- 110 volt power cord had been routed near tire and created a short in cord due to rubbing on tire. Back door has gap. This year I noticed buckling in structural support for water tanks and this also created water leak. Cheap material used for support on water tanks. Also had experienced frame member coming loose in overhang and required welding - this also caused fracture/cosmetic damage. Many problems for a fairly new trailer. I had tried to speak with Customer Service -- very poor. Recommendation -- Do NOT BUY Pacific Coachworks -- VERY POOR QUALITY
- Alan Pearson, Utah

2020-07-15 2021 Forest River Cherokee Wolf Pack 325PACK13 View Listings

This Rv was built with bare minimum interest. I’ve had issue with leaks under the cabinet of the bathroom to leaks from the fresh water tank leaving me with out barely any water to camp. Warranty doesn’t exist and a true service department either. Don’t buy from this Manufacturer.
- Alexander Besteiro , Florida

2020-07-13 2021 Palomino Puma 382THS View Listings

We have had nothing but trouble with this camper! Now with that said. We searched for over three years of getting the wants of me and my husband in one camper lol. The floor plan is perfect with the recliners for him and a kitchen table for me, large enough to haul the Harley around without all the weight. So we bought it May 30 left on June 26 to California from Ohio and June 30 in Albuquerque New Mexico the roof flies off. Well to be more fare the front part of the seam let loose causing the vinyl to flap which in turn busted off the roof vents! To get a hold of any kind of customer service or warranty people was a nightmare. I did give warranty a 5 star for right now because we are on our way to take it back to the factory, Gonna see if their words are true to make this right with us! Now moving on, one tire was bald from where transport drug it, didn’t notice until a few days later. The bald part was always down! Next we are in Arizona the desert and the awning rips. Warranty doesn’t even know about this yet! The bedroom panaling is tore from the wall and bubbles everywhere else practically! The quality of this camper is POOR be on belief. There must not be any quality control person working for forest rivers! Very dissatisfied with our camper! A lot of our problems is not just cosmetic, it had the potential to really hurting someone on the highway! Beware if purchasing a 2021 puma 5th wheel toy hauler! 382THS
- Rebecca McNichols, Ohio

2020-07-13 2020 Grand Design Momentum 381M View Listings

Love the unit. Very easy to tow with Ford 350 dually. Set up is awesome with auto leveling. Interior is sound and only issue I have found so far is the granite table top swing extension is off just a smidge, in the middle, but it’s granite it’s heavy. 15’ garage I s very spacious. My only dig to this unit is the washer dryer area. You can hook up in the garage except there is NO dryer vent access. To run the vent you will spend some money as the vent needs to be run behind the Tv and fireplace and out behind the fridge. Tech in shop told me it’s about a 20 hour job. This is due to the bathroom and hall on each side of the hook up area, which is not allowing the vent out the side of the garage. The 3 ACs are great and cool the unit very well. Other than the vent thing, it’s a great buy If your looking for a toy hauler.
- Bobby Bailey, Virginia

2020-07-09 2021 Forest River Cherokee Wolf Pack 325PACK13 View Listings

People are quick to complain and write negative reviews the moment things don’t go their way. I’m of the mindset that your review doesn’t count unless you’ve given a business a second chance. My first Forest River product was a 2019 295QBLE Surveyor pull behind TT. In the year that we had that camper not a single thing went wrong. The dealership that we purchased from did a thorough walkthrough even before we did the final walkthrough. We loved that camper but decided to upgrade to a toy hauler. My next Forest River was a 2021 325PACK13 Wolf Pack 5th wheel. I purchased from out of state this time because I wasn’t able to find one locally. I was unable to do a walkthrough because of the distance. Upon delivery right off the bat I found issues that should’ve been found at the dealership. Simple things like antifreeze not emptied out of all of the pipes even though we were told it was 100% dewinterized. I’ve seen a sample of a dealership checklist that is used before delivery and even before a final walkthrough. There were at least 10 items on the list that were obviously never checked before I received this camper. I wasn’t angry with Forest River/Wolf Pack at this point. I was angry with the dealership for allowing this product to be delivered to the customer without a thorough walkthrough. Several failed attempts to find a resolution with the dealership left me at a loss. The dealership seemed to shrug their shoulders at me as though it wasn’t really their problem now that it was in my hands. I reached out on a Wolf Pack owners page on social media. When Forest River-Wolf Pack learned of the problems I was having, my whole world changed. A Forest River-Wolf Pack representative (Jason Berges) contacted me immediately and got the ball rolling on fixing each issue. Mr. Berges never made me feel like “just another customer with problems”. The level of customer service I’ve received has proven to me there is no other brand I will ever purchase from again. Thank you Forest River-Wolf Pack and thank you Mr. Berges.
- Kristin Handley, Missouri

2020-07-08 2020 Keystone Impact 415 View Listings

Looks like they out it together as fast as humanly possible without doing anything correctly. We have had it less than a month, the day we got it we started a list of defects, had someone come out today to document for warranty work, our list was 2 pages. Hoping keystone stands behind their warranty on this terrible quality RV we received. Trying to return to the dealer since we DID NOT get the product we paid for. So incredibly dissatisfied and disappointed, it's one issue after another with this lemon.
- Bailey Beauliwu, Texas

2020-07-07 2018 Heartland Fuel 352 View Listings

Absolutely LOVE this large toyhauler! This has plenty of room for your toys - and when garage isn't in use converts to a great bedroom or extra living room :) -- the kitchen is very functional - and we have thoroughly enjoyed having this RV!
- Kimberly Young, Georgia

2020-07-03 2020 Grand Design Momentum 397TH View Listings

I'm also disappointed with my new grand design. the front underbelly fell off at 100 miles from the dealer, when I went to repair it found wires pinched against the frame. Hapijack beds are missing the support legs everyone was bragging about being able to get parts from grand design 3 months no legs, still can't use the beds. Onecontrol touch screen quit working but it was replaced within a week from lipert, they seem to really care about customer service. We've had the roof trim fall off in the living room and ceiling came down,seems they missed the rafter with the staples. Main slide rubbed the trim by the fireplace on the way home from the dealer and now they say wood will have to be trimmed off because can't adjust the slide enough, this also put a hole in the carpet. Rear bathroom blacktank flush was leaking fittings not tightened. The valance fell off window by dinette and this was stripped out screws and three screws less then the other side. The main bathroom shower leaked bad they caulked the weep holes shut and caulked the wrong side of the track. The microwave turn table jerks as it turns I have not looked into this yet.I did have the propane door keep opening on the way home also the latches were installed wrong even though it was easy fix. Main cargo door fills with water when it rains this will just need caulked but you would think a new door should be sealed. Seems like a lot of stuff going wrong to me for only three months old and used three times.
- marko.bakich, Montana

2020-07-01 2011 Forest River XLR 35X12 View Listings

My quarrel is not with the camper type it’s self, I love R-pods, BUT this one in particular is filthy. I went to see this one in person from the dealership, and apparently they don’t clean their used campers before they show them to people. I walked in looked at the bunkbed and almost vomited. It has bedbugs, Crawling visibly all over those mattresses. Do not go and look at this camper it is falling apart and crawling with bugs. It also is beeping incessantly and the dealership can’t figure out why I didn’t even know it was beeping, I do not recommend buying from this place.
- Hannah Reed, Pennsylvania

2020-06-25 2020 Highland Ridge RV Highlander HF350H View Listings

We have owned the Highland Ridge h350 for a few months. We found some basic issues with the rig on inspection. Decals were missing, cracks in the front lighting and the glass in the cabinets are loose. The dealership we bought from has poor service and we are hoping they fix everything. Otherwise, we are very happy with the 5th wheel. The kitchen and bathrooms are awesome 👌 layout is great.
- Amber, California

2020-06-16 2013 Dutchmen Voltage 3950 View Listings

This is by far the most poorly constructed RV ever to be built! The Lippert Schwintek slides are a continual failure. The slides leak because they never seal right, the ensuing damage isn’t covered by insurance (water damage). The under rated suspension is not only dangerous but extremely difficult to fix on the side of the road, the roof isn’t as strong as it should be, the back door/ramp doesn’t keep water out, the outside lights are located directly under gutter downspouts filling them and the wall with water. Just a real piece of junk. The only positive thing is the generator always runs nicely. I’ve never known anyone to not have problems with their Voltage. I wish there were a class action to get in on, it is truly terrible.
- Don Brade, Texas

2020-06-12 2021 Forest River XLR Boost 28RZR16 View Listings

When we picked up our 2021 28 ft. Fifth wheel toy hauler we were so excited but that was very short lived. The quality and craftsmanship and overall construction of this unit is just unimaginable. Where were the inspectors or quality control? I will include a short list of things that we consided the most important to repair promptly . Due to the Covid 19 we opted to complete many of the repairs our self's. We had frames and other area's that were never caulked allowing water infiltration. Crimped off waterline and a bad valve that resulted in leakage and caused my cabinet's to get wet and expand resulting in splits of the wood. Not pretty. Cubbards are scratched . They tried to touch them up. Split trim or no trim. Crooked screw heads and scratches in the finish. Damaged door to bedroom. The exterior door wouldn't stay shut so the stairs had to be removed and repositioned. Several areas you can see right outside that were never sealed properly. The microwave was not property installed had a broken bracket and had to be repaired. Drawer fronts are warped.Had to reinforce the drawers. Carpet in the bedroom doesn't extend to the wall and carpet is full of metal shavings. Can't go barefoot we have spent hours picking metal shavings out of the carpet.We have done nothing but work on the unit since we purchased it. So disappointed. Not sure what we'll find next.This is our second Forest river and our first one was amazing no issues at all. When we called the dealership his response was . Your not telling me anything that I don't hear on a daily basis. Seriously. I realize that this my not be the top model but I would never recommend this manufacturer. We haven't loaded the razor in yet. Almost afraid.
- Brett, Michigan

2020-06-10 2019 Heartland Fuel 335 View Listings

We have the Gravity 3340 which is the same trailer as the Fuel 335, just with a few different (simple) interior appointments. Same exact floor plan. This trailer has been solid. No problems. No drama. From the day we picked it up, everything worked perfectly. No warranty work needed so far. We installed aftermarket solar, inverter, on board surge protector, air compressor and changed out the batteries. Again, all the wiring and systems were spot on. Love the living space. Love the extra bedroom for the sxs or friends/family. Lots of storage cabinetry. Highly recommend this build.
- Laura, Arizona

2020-06-09 2016 Dutchmen Voltage 3990 View Listings

Biggest pile of junk on the planet . Factory recall non stop. Warranty was poor . Refrigerator, ac furniture all broken in 6 months . More time in shop then use. All three ac unit roof fans broke on second trip. I let them take it back ..
- Terry Rbiggest piece , Colorado

2020-06-07 2021 Forest River XLR Boost 29QBS View Listings

We are very disappointed in the poor quality of our 2021 Boost XLR Toy Hauler! We were so excited when we first picked up our new fifth wheel but that was short lived. We have done nothing but repair and work on it. Here is just the short list of items that we have already replaced or repaired.The frames around the storage spaces were not siliconed you could see daylight and it allowed water in. Microwave not secured had a broken bracket was just hanging. Door wouldn't stay closed had to reposition the stairs in order to keep door closed. Leaking values.Crimped off waterline. Scratches in the side. Screws put in so crooked they are sharp. Metal shavings stuck in the carpeting in the bedroom and carpet doesn't go all the way to wall.Loose cabinet frames.Had to install supports to the warped drawers. Damaged interior door split trim or no trim and the list goes on and on. We have contacted the dealership he told me I'm sorry but your not telling me nothing that I don't hear on a daily basis. Manufacturer gets paid by the unit and not by the hour so they just push them out. You can take it to any dealership and they can service it. Not what we expected to hear. We ordered our toy hauler site unseen because we felt confident. We had owned a Forest River toy hauler before and loved it. Lesson learned.
- Lb, Michigan

2020-06-06 2018 Forest River Cedar Creek Hathaway 38FBD View Listings

We chose this specific model on a recommendation from a dealer that didn't even handle Forest River products. We want to live full time in this rv and did for almost three years. As my wife's physical condition became worse we made the decision to sell and replant roots in a home. In this case it is a park model. This unit afforded us the ability be comfortable in high heat areas having a 15k hp(heat pump) and 13k a/c units. Also having a propane heater and a small electric heater in bedroom. It has heated black, grey and fresh water tanks for cold weather and double insulated windows. The insulation factors exceed all destination trailers on the market and are quite close to that of a regular house. To be sure I had good towing ability I purchased a Chevy 3500 HD dually. Sometimes while towing it was easy to forget the unit was behind me. The truck is available also and can be purchased as a package. If your looking for a full time living experience this is for you.
- David Ladin , Florida

2020-06-05 2019 Grand Design Momentum 399TH View Listings

We bought this fall of 2018, we have owned three or four different RVs. This one being our first toy hauler but we love the floor plan love the amenities, granddesign has been great to work with warranty wise too. Love this trailer and it’s a good thing because will probably keep it for a long time.
- Kendra Olson, Utah