Toy Haulers 5th Wheel Reviews on RV Insider (393)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Toy Haulers 5th Wheel RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Richard J Ernst from Ohio says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2017 Grand Design Momentum 399TH View Listings

Overall we like our 399TH and we accept some of the simple fixes that usually come with a new camper. However, it seems like we have a list that wouldn't exist with proper QC: 1. The trailer arrived with the wrong interior. 2. The media chairs were mounted crooked and would get stuck on the window valance when reclined. 3. No hot water on city connection. We have to pull water from the tanks to heat it. 4. Half of the carpet in the loft wasn't even there. It just raw particle board exposed. I was told this was normal from my dealer! 5. Sliding door to the side porch is not square and the door doesn't close flush. 6. Garage glass door has a gap on one side, clearly not plumb. 7. Garage loft bed is not level. I have to push up on one side of the bed to place the locking pins in. I was told by my dealer there is nothing that can be done about it. I need to stand on a stool or use a pole to push the bed up while putting the pin in. 8. The porch enclosure tears a hole in the mesh when stowed for transport. The dealer said it's a design flaw. 9.Trailer was delivered with missing rubber keyhole covers. I was told they will not be covered under warranty even though it was delivered without them! 10. Batteries wont hold a full charge. 12.5V is the highest they will charge. The dealer is currently looking at that. 11. The door would unlatch even when locked under transport. The closed grab handle is the only thing keeping the door closed. I'm told the door isn't aligned with the latch catch properly. 12.Power converter was advertised as a 75W but a 65W was put in. 13. Kitchen slide does not close flush to the unit. 14. Fuel tank gage is backwards and reads the level in the opposite tank. There are also three options we paid for but wish we didn't and we feel a little deceived: 1. The king bed upgrade is not a true king, it's 6 inches narrower than a actual king. We upgraded so I could use our Tempurpedic mattress for my back only to find out later that I paid for the king size option and it won't fit my actual sized king. I now have to buy a queen Tempurpedic to replace the stock mattress but the queen mattress is too small to fill the fake king size platform. Basically I paid for an option I can't use and on top of that I need to spend even more money because of it. Stick with the queen unless you plan on keeping the horrible stock mattress! 2. The so called removable carpet kit for the garage area is a joke! It is literally a roll of felt that isn't even cut to fit the garage(see pic)! We had the understanding it was carpet that matched the carpet in the rest of the trailer. We at least got a small piece of carpet for the door step.The option should be title "unmeasured/uncut removable felt" because it is definitely not carpet! Buy a remnant instead from Lowes or Home Depot, it will be actual carpet and it will be cheaper too! 3. The optional stairs for the ramps have been useless for us. We have yet to find an area that once you get leveled the stairs will reach the ground, even with the legs fully extended(see pic). I have to use wood blocks to place under the legs even on a hard level surface. The only time they work properly is on a flat level surface without the leveling jacks extended(like at an RV show)! The side porch stair mounts were not measured properly and the stairs will not mount evenly because of them. I'm waiting for my dealer to see what they can do with that. I would love to have my money back for these useless options. The camper is nice overall but there seems to be some deceiving with some options, intentional or not....research the options closely or you may not be getting what you think. This is our first camper and our lessons learned were expensive.
- Richard J Ernst, Ohio

2021-03-31 2020 Grand Design Momentum G Class 350G View Listings

I LOVE THIS TOYHAULER. PLENTLY OF ROOM FOR TOYS OR WHATEVER YOU WANT IN THE GARAGE. THE PATIO IS GREAT. ROOM FOR A GRILL LAWN CHAIRS. ITS ADDED SPACE FOR ENTERTAINMENT. THE WHOLE TRAILER IS QUITE COMFORTABLE.
- Roxane, California

2021-03-25 2017 Keystone Fuzion 420 Chrome View Listings

The floor plan allows people to spread out with the front "master bedroom" with a King size bed, TV (#1), spacious closet and lots of storage areas. The mid kitchen is fully setup with a residential size fridge, 3 burner stove, small oven, residential microwave, double sink and spacious counter space. Also in the mid-section is the 4 seat individually reclining couch with heated seats. A large TV (#2) with an articulating arm for optimal viewing, a DVD player, sound system, fireplace, more storage cabinets and a loft for the kids or more storage above. Directly off the mid-section is a sliding glass door for access to the large side patio with railings and a set of steps, and a TV (#3) that sits underneath one of the 2 large side awnings. The rear section of the RV is the "garage" of the toyhauler with a rear ramp door that doubles as another patio with railings and a set of steps as well. Tie downs in the floor to secure any loads that you may carry and when the toys are removed the rear converts into additional living space. There are queen size bunk beds that raise up to ceiling when not needed, the bottom bed jackknifes into seating on both sides, set up the table in the middle for dining, watching the other large pull down TV (#4) or playing cards or board games with the kids. The "garage" has its own entrance into the RV and a half bath, both are awesome for friends/guests to use. The toyhauler has (2) 30 gallon fuel (gasoline) tanks, 1 for the 5500 watt generator and the other to fuel up the toys or transfer into generator tank. For the heat and hot water there are (2) 30 lb. propane tanks or the hot water can be heated by electricity. The RV has 3 a/c units on the roof and 50 amp electric service cable with adapters for 30 or 20 amps, you just won't be able to run all the a/c units on fewer amps. Also featuring the "Blizzard" package, with radiant foil technology, covered underneath, heated holding tanks for cold weather camping. Among the many features are: LED lighting, wooden blinds, night shades, glass stove cover, washer dryer prep, frameless tinted glass windows and so many more.
- Ray Clouthier, Massachusetts

2021-03-24 2014 Forest River XLR Thunderbolt 380AMP View Listings

Too any interested with ongiong XLR ISSUES. Investage ask for compedent help.The answers are available. Too any interested with ongiong XLR ISSUES. Investage ask for compedent help.The answers are available.
- dburgessdon, Indiana

2021-03-16 2018 Heartland Road Warrior 428 View Listings

ON the surface it looks great. Digging into the bones are something else. One of the dump valves would not close. Had to remove the basement insulation to fix. Cable had pulled out of adapter. Changed all of them over to electric. Once all of the insulation was removed (serious pain). Wiring is a mess. Excess wires everywhere and not properly secured. The area where all of the 12V wires are connected is a mess. Bus bars are randomly placed. More excess wiring. Hose connecting to hot water heater was severely kinked. And several of the tank fittings were loose. Had to cut the oetiker clamps to correct. Paint on the undercarriage is not well applied. Some of the welds were left unpainted. Spent a couple of days cleaning all of the rust. Also there was a screw in the middle of the insulation that penetrated it. This created a path for the water to enter and create more rust. The aft gas tank has a leak. Appears to be where a weld was. All of the brackets and bolts are rusting. None of these issues are readily visible. Also there are several switches in the control panel that are not labeled. We loved the layout, but.....
- rcrqtrmile, Virginia

2021-03-03 2015 Keystone Carbon 327 View Listings

For the money this is one of the nicest toy haulers around with a ton of storage, pulls nice and quality is there. The garage has enough room for quads and motorcycles, 2 seater SXS or small 4 seater SXS.
- Nick, Colorado

2021-03-01 2015 Keystone Carbon 327 View Listings

Like the floor plan and large garage for.my bike with sidecar...but got seriously burnt by what I see as a rip off by a dealer. He claimed it was his personal RV selling because covid stops him using RV on USA. I fell for it. Even though I checked RV right after rain, he must have rushed in to dry counter and floor. A month later in the first light rain, the AC leaked inside. Thought, what a prick 'cause now I can't do anything and he didn't return any messages and there aren't any Rv's there anymore. Then it rained heavy, poured into kitchen then down AC shaft into bedroom and light fixtures. Went up top and checked around AC ..roof is deformed as a trench straight to AC on both sides. Signs of rot under rubber roof. Bastard knew the rig was fubared from manufacturer. Even discharge valves mislabelled, patio parts backwards. Estimated $10,000 to repair roof. Never trust keystone or that dealer, Somerset RV sales Coombs BC, ever again. Spent winter with tarp over RV waiting for dry season to fix.
- Dan, British Columbia

2021-02-27 2021 Forest River Cherokee Wolf Pack Platinum 365PACK16 View Listings

We really like this trailer. Love the floor plan. Only thing I would like to add is having it come with a hidabed and also think a heat duct in the back garage is needed,we are adding 1 in. Heater and ac work great! Also I recommend upgrading the bed in the master room. But I recommend that in any trailer of the 3 we have owned. Also the amount of room and tie downs in the garage are amazing!!! Fits our 2019 Ranger crew northstar XP1000 in nicely! πŸ‘Š πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ 😁
- Tracy Jacobsen, Utah

2021-02-10 2019 Keystone Raptor 427 View Listings

We purchased a 2019 427 raptor brand new in October of 2020,we didnt use it until December, first time being snowbirds in Texas, what a piece of junk! We have had it in for repairs more then We have been able to use it. Water in storage below, stereo/dvd player didnt work, no heat in bedroom, bathroom, molding along ceiling falling off, wood boards on 3 slides pulled off, bathroom sink started to peel off, shower doors fell off, sink faucet knob didnt work after about two weeks, the cover over oven does not fold up right, still doesn't. Molding on out side popping of from expansion of cold to warm as its plastic and one would think it would have been spec for that. Frig doors didnt seal, out of ten double shaded windows four broke and are still broke, going in April again for repairs. The slide in the kitchen is to low and pulled the flooring up, that is also being fixed in April, that means another summer of repairs, and a third time in the shop. I feel we were sold a lemon and looking into lemon laws in my state and in Indiana where we purchased it from. Sad thing is.. we looked for a year,did alot of research and my husband wanted this one.i did not.Very disappointed.
- Victoria Cavadias, Wisconsin

2021-02-04 2020 Dutchmen Voltage V4185 View Listings

For the price of the unit very poor workmanship. Convection oven smell like it’s going to catch fire every time it’s used. The furnace short cycled , no heat going to garage, propane tank hold downs don’t work. The oven won’t stay lit it keeps going out when you try to bake anything. Trim was coming off The fans in the back of refrigerator broke and were laying in the bottom of the unit. The wiring is a nightmare huge holes to put a few wires through. Had to replace a valve under the sink. On top of all that our dealership parts dept and repair shop suck.
- Keith A Jenkins, Florida

2021-02-04 2021 Prime Time Sanibel 3102RSWB View Listings

So far we are very pleased. It had a few minor problems. Nothing that I wasn't able to fix myself. We had a blind above the stove missing and the hand rail on the stairs was not installed. The dealership took care of the missing items within a week. The camper is very comfortable and spacious. The king mattress was replaced immediately. It is my only complaint. All manufacturers should just keep the mattresses so we don't have to take them to the landfill. This is the reason for only 4 β˜† on livability.
- Steve S., Pennsylvania

2021-02-02 2008 Keystone Raptor 3812TS View Listings

I’m only selling the rig because I’m not able to use it anymore. I’ve never even taken it out of California. It is a luxury toy hauler w/ 12’ garage. I removed exterior graphics because they cracked and pealed, now new owner just buff it and add new graphics or leave it clean white. I’m including the 5th wheel hitch. Buyer will need a diesel truck, when this rig is loaded it weighs 18,000 lbs, it’s a triple axle. It’s been a great vacation rig.
- Robert Kilborn, California

2021-02-01 2018 Heartland Cyclone 4115 View Listings

Have had all kinds of problems with this RV. Bath leaks into the living room when used.Awnings leak and don't retract.Electric brakes went out on first trip.Make sure you keep about 5 tubes of FUZE*IT on hand to re-glue all the panels and mouldings that fall of each time you tow it somewhere. DO NOT BUY A CAMPER MADE BY HEARTLAND!!Biggest problem now is the exterior siding is cracked due to a frame malfunction.I could list a million more problems with this camper and the company, but i think you get the point
- Waren Thoma, Virginia

2021-01-30 2013 Keystone Cougar 325SRX View Listings

This 5th Wheel is very spacious and well built. Awesome floor plan, lots of room and storage. Trailer is very easy to tow and back up into campground spots. We really enjoy with the large remote controlled outside awning, speakers and lots of storage space underneath too. Ours has all new LED lighting which makes it so bright and cheerful inside... 2013 is a very solid unit.
- Richard, Florida

2021-01-25 2019 Heartland Cyclone 3713 View Listings

I like the amount of chair space and sleeping space. The 3 AC’s are also a bonus. The bad’s, they refuse to cover their 3yr limited structural warranty. Unit has been at the dealer since the end of Nov for a crack in the siding and a wrinkle. Both on opposite corners of the main slide. Heartland requested us to pick up the unit from the dealer, load for a trip and take to get weighed, then unload and return to dealer. Nothing would be reimbursed. The dealer has done everything asked but Heartland and LCI refuse to admit structural damage and repair. Dealer is still fighting for coverage. DO NOT BUY ANY HEARTLAND PRODUCT! Go with Grand Designs...
- Chad Becker, Texas

2021-01-20 2021 Forest River Cherokee Wolf Pack 325PACK13 View Listings

Your ice houses are trash! You need to get on the guys building these things. Wood putty everywhere...foot prints all over cabinets..loose trimming...missing nails...paint stains on the floor. Can you put more effort into them please?
- Nelson, Minnesota

2021-01-19 2021 Keystone Raptor 423 View Listings

MAD: Mad And Disappointed!!! Our 2021 Raptor 423 is a beautiful 5th wheel on the outside BUT...underneath all of the "bells and whistles" is a poorly-constructed, giant box of junk! We have taken it back to the dealership 5 times now (purchased it 10/20) and have only taken it out 3 times. Problems: 1. Oven didn't work 2. Slide doesn't work 3. Water leaking from shower 4. Rear bed fell down in the garage 5. Rear loading door fell off the hinge and bent 6. No ladder for rear sleeping area 7. Some windows do not open 8. Wood cracked underneath king bed in master
- MAD, California

2021-01-16 2020 Grand Design Momentum 397TH View Listings

This unit has been upgraded with a Maytag Ref. 3000watt inverter, #5 sleep # bed, most homes don't have this type living quarters. This unit with the Goose box hitch pulls 100% better than a 5th wheel 397TH.The floor plan works great for your family, lots of storage inside
- R Fintex, Texas

2021-01-11 2021 Forest River Riverstone 39FKTH View Listings

Just got my first 5er on December 18th and it’s 21 39fkth. Dealer told us there a trim problem in the bedroom that they had to fix which delayed pick up by a couple of days. When doing the walk through the salesman opened one of the over headboard cabinets in the bedroom and it popped of the hinge. Ok we’ll order you a new door. When I got to my destination 1800 miles away the other side popped off. Another cabinet. One of the drawer tracks broke on yet another in the bedroom. So I try to order these things and after talking to service manager I get told they can’t mail them to me because that would void the warranty. I have to make an appointment with a reputable service place and they would mail to them. I fixed both cabinets, the problem was the shock that holds them up was too tight and caused the hinges to pop off. Loosen the shock and all is good. Drawer still has broken track. Now that being said we’ve been living in this thing for a month on the 18th of this month and considering all the other things that could go wrong, we simply love it. Way too many bells and whistles, and they all work! I’d say a thumbs up!
- Steve Hara, New York

2021-01-07 2019 Heartland Fuel 352 View Listings

We purchased a 2019 Heartland Fuel 352 in July of 2019. We have had some minor issues like a gas leak and the awning sticking and would not roll out until now. 17 months later coming back from Florida the rear axle bracket that holds the leaf spring broke loose from the frame. Heartland will not cover the repair, our extended warranty will not cover. It was clearly bad welding we have only pulled it 6 or 7 times. Should not have happen after only 6 to 7 times pulling it. Very cheaply made. Buyers beware.
- Karen Burke, North Carolina

2021-01-03 2018 Dutchmen Voltage Triton 3561 View Listings

Bought the trailer new the heater didn't work after pulling ing 100 miles to my deer lease. The dealership Explorer FT.Worth said the wiggle and giggle of the road sometime throws things out of wack.? Not supposed to move? Why the wheels? Said it was fixed sent it back. Never worked correctly so I took it back again. They couldn't find an issue. Hauled it to Yellowstone. No heat at 22 deg. Took it back they blamed 3000 mi and the propane from up north? again it has wheels. Propane is propane. Repaired myself, repairing a loose wire in control box. Landing gear won't lift trailer. Took it over twice for them to not find an issue both times. Today I had to lift it manually with a truck jack as I extended the legs.For the third time. Drawers falling apart had to repair personally. Top bunk in garage wouldn't work gear box rod came out. Then I had to adjust cause the pins would not go in. Now he latest the awning that has only been out twice is falling off. I was told we use the trailer too much.? Again it has axles, wheels, tires. I assume its to be used. 20,000 miles over 2 years is not that much. POS?
- Joe Eades, Texas

2021-01-01 2009 Keystone Fuzion 402 View Listings

We fell in love with this floor plan with seating across the isle for easier conversations and the dual entrances to the bathroom. Lots of room to spread out, large TV, great kitchen and super nice master bedroom. Hardly used, clean and ready to roll.
- Carl Clifton, California

2020-12-21 2018 Forest River XLR Thunderbolt 382AMP View Listings

I've owned this POS for a little over a year now. Over 20 issues with it, all in the first year. I've files complaints with the BBB, and Attorney General Offices in Indiana and Kansas. This thing is a STRAIGHT LEMON! I'm a disabled veteran that served in Iraq and Afghanistan and I get ghosted, (no contact) by Brent Stevens, General Manager of Forest River, who told me they were going to make things right over the phone. Does anyone know of an attorney who would take a case, may e even a Class Action suit against Forest River and their substandard product with health and safety issues? If so, my email is listed. I'm sure there are others who have gotten no where with this company standing behind their product. Who can afford staying in A hotel for more than 30 days to get issues worked on, and then find out Forest River sends the wrong replacement parts!!! Contact me!
- Floyd Craig Jr, Florida

2020-12-21 2018 Keystone Fuzion 417 View Listings

This is an amazing 5th wheel has all the bells and whistles. Can fit a king bed inside. And the 2 bathrooms really came in handy! The kitchen island is great you can have alot of ppl in this and have a blast the outside speakers and the bbq hook up are amazing!! so much to say!!
- RaeAnn, California

2020-12-21 2016 Heartland Cyclone 4150 View Listings

Great floor plan, RV easy to move around. However, the quality is less than desired. The floor isn't sealed up good, and rodents with infest your walls, get in the space between the floor and the weather seal, eat your wiring. I have had the fridge repaired once and all three Air Conditioners had to have valve installed to charge with coolant. The shower drain leaks with no easy access. The main TV failed and had to be replaced. The nearest dealer for warranty repairs is two hour drive away. I wish I had never bought this thing. Only 10 more years to pay it off...
- Sean Scoggins, Mississippi