Toy Haulers 5th Wheels RVs Reviews (228)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Toy Haulers 5th Wheels RVs Reviews and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of these RVs.

Richard J Ernst from Ohio says:

Have you owned any Toy Haulers 5th Wheels RVs? Write a review

Voted Most Helpful Review 2017 Grand Design Momentum 399TH View Listings

Overall we like our 399TH and we accept some of the simple fixes that usually come with a new camper. However, it seems like we have a list that wouldn't exist with proper QC: 1. The trailer arrived with the wrong interior. 2. The media chairs were mounted crooked and would get stuck on the window valance when reclined. 3. No hot water on city connection. We have to pull water from the tanks to heat it. 4. Half of the carpet in the loft wasn't even there. It just raw particle board exposed. I was told this was normal from my dealer! 5. Sliding door to the side porch is not square and the door doesn't close flush. 6. Garage glass door has a gap on one side, clearly not plumb. 7. Garage loft bed is not level. I have to push up on one side of the bed to place the locking pins in. I was told by my dealer there is nothing that can be done about it. I need to stand on a stool or use a pole to push the bed up while putting the pin in. 8. The porch enclosure tears a hole in the mesh when stowed for transport. The dealer said it's a design flaw. 9.Trailer was delivered with missing rubber keyhole covers. I was told they will not be covered under warranty even though it was delivered without them! 10. Batteries wont hold a full charge. 12.5V is the highest they will charge. The dealer is currently looking at that. 11. The door would unlatch even when locked under transport. The closed grab handle is the only thing keeping the door closed. I'm told the door isn't aligned with the latch catch properly. 12.Power converter was advertised as a 75W but a 65W was put in. 13. Kitchen slide does not close flush to the unit. 14. Fuel tank gage is backwards and reads the level in the opposite tank. There are also three options we paid for but wish we didn't and we feel a little deceived: 1. The king bed upgrade is not a true king, it's 6 inches narrower than a actual king. We upgraded so I could use our Tempurpedic mattress for my back only to find out later that I paid for the king size option and it won't fit my actual sized king. I now have to buy a queen Tempurpedic to replace the stock mattress but the queen mattress is too small to fill the fake king size platform. Basically I paid for an option I can't use and on top of that I need to spend even more money because of it. Stick with the queen unless you plan on keeping the horrible stock mattress! 2. The so called removable carpet kit for the garage area is a joke! It is literally a roll of felt that isn't even cut to fit the garage(see pic)! We had the understanding it was carpet that matched the carpet in the rest of the trailer. We at least got a small piece of carpet for the door step.The option should be title "unmeasured/uncut removable felt" because it is definitely not carpet! Buy a remnant instead from Lowes or Home Depot, it will be actual carpet and it will be cheaper too! 3. The optional stairs for the ramps have been useless for us. We have yet to find an area that once you get leveled the stairs will reach the ground, even with the legs fully extended(see pic). I have to use wood blocks to place under the legs even on a hard level surface. The only time they work properly is on a flat level surface without the leveling jacks extended(like at an RV show)! The side porch stair mounts were not measured properly and the stairs will not mount evenly because of them. I'm waiting for my dealer to see what they can do with that. I would love to have my money back for these useless options. The camper is nice overall but there seems to be some deceiving with some options, intentional or not....research the options closely or you may not be getting what you think. This is our first camper and our lessons learned were expensive.
- Richard J Ernst, Ohio

2019-08-19 2018 Forest River XLR Nitro 36T15 View Listings

I just wanted to add a little something I just read another review on a forest river nitro toy hauler 36t15. I also every time I take my toy hauler anywhere find 2 to 5 bolts nuts screws on the floor every single screw every single bolt fell out of my back bench seating area we also have 1 inch air gap‘s around the back door I’ve found bolts that fell off the cabinet trimwork is falling off almost every direction in the trailer bedroom door trim we had to use spare tire we let the spare tire down with the tools they give us it’s plastic octagon shape stripped out the very first time I used it I opened up the tube where you put your sewage hose the door snapped off the very first day I wish I opened every door every closet tried every single thing before I spent $87,000 on this trailer thank God for my dealer he has fixed almost every problem we had and they told me they never turned anything in for warranty of course nuts and bolts I replaced they use these drill tip self tapping screws that hollow out the hole and then the bolts just fall right out
- Edward f DeSantis , New York

2019-08-18 2010 Keystone Raptor 300MP View Listings

Bought our Raptor new in 2010. Took excellent care with it. Now in 2019 we have found particle board is used throughout Keystone campers. WE have spent thousands replacing the junk ramp for the garage, the floor in the garage and recently found our bedroom slide would not come back in. I't s mounting assembly for the hydraulic ram has rotted being particle board too. Not one sign of leakage in any of these high cost repairs. Total junk as I suspect 99% of campers most likely are too. I highly recommend staying away from all RV's and campers. Buy land or farms and enjoy your free time without the heartache of camper ownership. So sorry we bought this crap.
- Kenenth B. Lane, Missouri

2019-08-13 2019 Grand Design Momentum 399TH View Listings

We have not had a good experience. In fact, there are so many issues with our brand new Grand Design Momentum 399TH that I intended to launch a full internet campaign against Lazy Days RV and Grand Design RV. However, R.T. Kendall's messages recently reminded me that our Lord Jesus Christ teaches "total forgiveness". So instead, I will point out one disparity and then release the whole affair to God for His justice. Look closely at the attached pictures (pictures not available on this site). When I went online to get an insurance quote, I tried to insure my total investment; the value at number 2, the "bottom line" ($98,230.27). The website would not accept this value and a pop-up warning said it could not be insured for more than its retail value. I tried other values until I had to settle on the value at number 3 ($89,998). By this we know we paid full price. I assume the value at number 1 ($118,254) is used to make the buyer think he/she is getting a discount. There were NO discounts for us! Only the Devil's deception! Regardless of the poor rating represented by this review, there was one bright spot in our experience. That was our salesman, Bert Rios. Unlike most salespeople who do most of the talking and try to tell you what you want to buy, Bert listened intently to our concerns and guided us accordingly. God bless you, Bert!
- Dennis Brant , Arizona

2019-08-12 2017 KZ Venom 3911TK View Listings

First bought it...loved it, but after the warranty ran out it seems like every time we take it out something happens. Last year a tire blew...two years old and only 2 trips to Georgia...bought all new tires upon return and found out 3 others were ready to blow! This year the main computer board went out...still waiting for right one...wrong one was sent. Now this trip...a leaf spring broke...ruined one new tire. We had awning problems...wouldn’t go in, minor jack issues, microwave went out, refrigerator didn’t have proper insulation, blind strings broke first week we had it...we love camping but just afraid to go anywhere...what else will happen. You spend hard earned money only to spend more to fix it. We had 2 Winnebago motor homes and only had one issue after owning it 10 years!
- Carol , Iowa

2019-08-10 2018 Heartland Cyclone 4115 View Listings

second year owning this camper. noticed signs of water intrusion under the master room slide. wall seems to be delaminating under the slides, heartland will do nothing to cover this factory defect. customer service is a joke. the campers are made to a very low standard. fit and finish is a joke. constantly fixing things that break or fall off in the interior of the rig. ill never buy another camper from this company. EVER! steer clear.
- gizmotek12@gmail.com, Maine

2019-08-06 2017 Grand Design Momentum 399TH View Listings

The worst RV we have ever owned! Had a flat less then 10 miles from the dealer. First night the hot water heater didn't work screws were falling out everywhere.tank monitors have never worked Happy Jack bed frame pulled away from the wall the living room chair smelled like it was burning and stopped working! After only four months we had 27 different issues took it in for repairs and came out with seven new issues. took the unit to the manufacturing warranty department and they wrecked it. A disaster is all I can say! I will never buy another grand design!we bought the unit new in July of 2017
- R. Marioni, Texas

2019-08-04 2017 Jayco Seismic 4113 View Listings

Full size fridge with ice maker, two decks, party lights, and auto leveling makes this trailer very liveable. Many other awesome features like four tv’s, fireplace, plenty of cargo storage and two exterior doors.
- Leslie Johnston, Oklahoma

2019-08-01 2019 Grand Design Momentum 376TH View Listings

Glad to find this site. Same problem with refrigerator not closing properly. The middle piece on double door not closing. Read about using washer on it and will try that. Other problem was the awning falling off side of rv. Had it extended and was inside and all the sudden the left side of the awning crashed down. Did call dealer as we purchased it on June 28th 2019 and this happened on July 13th 2019. Had no luck with dealer and finally found an rv place to come out to repair it. Looking at camper it is the left arm bent that comes out ver the dining slide out. Very disappointed!!!
- Andrew Kreuter Jr, Pennsylvania

2019-07-31 2020 Heartland Cyclone 4007 View Listings

I love the RV size I am a big person there is enough room for me to move about in the RV, it pulls like a dream behind my F-350 dually with an Anderson hitch. quality well that is the one thing they left out when they built it we purchased our RV from a place in Michigan ( mistake no.1 ) purchased it sight unseen ( mistake no.2 ) Heartland makes a very nice looking RV but it lacks a lot of attention to final finishes splintered wood on trim ends and cabinet frames, loose plumbing fittings that will leak until you tighten them beyond finger tight.one of the cabinet doors was in three pieces on delivery ( delivered to my home in Texas from Michigan ) being from out of state i had no walk through, I did get a few owners manuals with the RV and a thumb Drive that was useless in set up or function of any moving part of this RV, the expensive upgrade electric awning failed the second time it was opened, the out door refrigerator quit inside of 4 months, the tv antenna is a complete joke unless you are very close to a big city, .The entire interior was filthy saw dust and splinters everywhere inside of the cabinets , under the bed in the storage compartments etc. the electrical outlet layout is pitiful at best there should be more user friendly outlets without the use of extension cords. its littered with USB charging outets but those are useless for laptops lamps or fans.Do not trust the markings in the closet meant to guide in drilling an exhaust port for a dryer I hit a framing member during my installation the decal said drill here dead center of an aluminum stud,fortunately I am a very seasoned construction worker and can compensate for Heartlands short comings in attaching things properly or rebuild things that fall apart before they are even used. I spent the better part of a years salary buying this Cyclone 4007 I believe I could have found a better built unit for less do your home work and get everything in writing the big warranty that is sold with these RV's are a waste of money dealers sell sell sell but when it comes to service service service they all seem to clam up and walk away. in my opinion most of the dealers are crooks and liars, sure there are some reputable ones out there but few and far between..... do your homework search for reviews on any deal you attempt to make dealer and unit manufacture. one more thing my 2019 $85,000 RV 6 months later is worth $60,000 in trade value yeah I'm stuck with it till it either falls apart completely or I can find somewhere that will give me something close to pay off on it in trade. ok kids school is out I hope you have learned something by reading this Rant !
- craig Hess, Texas

2019-07-26 2019 Keystone Carbon 347 View Listings

Bought in July 3 2018 was going to use 3 wks used it 2 wks Fridge quit working Batteries would not stay charged Pull down Screen in in toy hauler had big tear in it Dealer found a screw in screen housing causing it Doors Mis alined screws falling out all over unit Dealer said all factory related Tv in July 2019 has a big black spot tv company says it is a factory defect and will replace it But have to go to a keystone service center went to 2 service centers they wont service it because its a carbon toy hauler and they don't sell them But they are Keystone service center DAH Carbon is a Keystone So people don't believe their crap about service Keystone don't care no matter in warranty or 2 days out a lot more little things I could mention They should be a Lemmon Law on rvs like cars no more keystone
- Mary Sieger, Ohio

2019-07-26 2019 Keystone Carbon 347 View Listings

We have taken our toy hauler 3 times. 1st time, awesome. Oops then, 2nd times, the fridge quit, traveled with the generator on, got to destination and got it fixed under warranty. Worked great for the remainder. We took it in to get it fixed. We brought it in to get minor fixes done like, the carpet in the bedroom was lifting, 2 pole holes in the shower, under belly filled with water, where did that come from? The 3rd time, the fridge quit again, $300 food loss lost. With the help of coolers and ice we saved some stuff. But not all of it. Did we buy a lemon? It sure feels like it. It still in the shop again instead of a campsite where it should be. This is summer. Time to enjoy your R.V. Frustrating.
- Geale Devries , Ontario

2019-07-14 2013 Dutchmen Voltage V3950 View Listings

We have loved our Voltage 5th Wheel Toy Hauler. It has served as our primary home for a year, as well as our vacation home. We chose this floor plan due to having 3 teenagers, one of which is 6’ 3” tall. The queen beds in the garage and the space itself in garage have made for a perfect bedroom for our boys. The queen sized loft has been a great space for our 14 yr old daughter too. It’s also awesome having a bath and a half. We’re only selling because we’ve decided, for several reasons, to move back into a rental home until all of our kids are done with school.
- Julee McClelland , Texas

2019-07-10 2019 Forest River Cherokee Wolf Pack 325PACK13 View Listings

We purchased a brand new toy hauler from Forest River. When we picked it up we questioned the integrity if the floor tie down D rings and were told by the dealership they were quite adequate for anything we would haul. The following day we tied down our motorcycles and started off on our trip just as we have done for in excess of 20,000 miles in the past year alone. 2 times on our journey we stopped to check tie downs as we always do and the third stop less than 4 hours from home- we found that 2 D rings in the floor had pulled out causing one brand new Harkey Davidson to fall on top of the other causing extensive damage to both motorcycles as well as the rv, wall, floor, door. The motorcycles had to be removed from the rv due to no way to secure them therefor leaving us stranded before we ever reached our vacation destination. We called Forest River customer service who immediately in the 1st recorded phone call admitted their had been a know D ring failure and damage caused to others property in the past. It was stated that the damage to the previous motorcycles had been paid for by the company and we were assured that ours would probably be as well ince we got estimates although Maddison the customer service rep she could not say for sure but did continue to reassure us that she didnt believe it would be a problem at all. Over the period if the next 2 days we remained stranded as we waited for Forest River to find us Adequate D rings and a service provider in the area we were. After 2 days, many miles and hours it was decided by Forest River Management and passed onto us by Maddison that D rings would be overnighted to us and the company asked that I install them myself as no dealerships in the area would do the work for Forest River Company since in the past they have either never been paid or payment took an excessive amount of time. We were able to return home on the 3rd day and get motorcycle estimates to Forest River as requested. Both motorcycles are brand new and have less than 3000 miles on each one. The damage estimates combined were approximately $ 17k. We were then asked to get 2 more estimates per motorcycle. We obtained 1 more estimate for each motorcycle and the 2 remaining local[ Within 2 hours] dealerships required a $250 fee to provide the damage estimates. This was presented to Maddison at Forest River who stated she would have to ask her manager what he wanted us to do. To this date we have bit received a reply to our emails or calls until today when I was told that we are going to have to go through the D ring provider to receive any compensation for repairs. I have repeatedly asked to speak with management regarding this issue but have not been put in contact with anyone other than voicemail that has not been returned. We have spent a great deal of time with his matter over the last 16 days with no resolve.
- TERRY WADDELL, Iowa

2019-07-08 2019 Heartland Cyclone 4005 View Listings

Bought new may 2019 first trip out to Alaska I’m so disappointed in this thing poor workmanship screw falling out every where had bath and half rear toilet plugged up first 5 days finely got unplugged had plug up two more times got too checking looks like hole never got cut opened about 1 inch I sold another trailer to buy poor quality build trailer I will never recommend this to anyone also the auto leveling worked first day hasn’t worked since
- Cecil Derrick , Texas

2019-07-07 2018 Grand Design Momentum 351M View Listings

Grand Design has been nothing but amazing from their customer service to the quality of their product. We’ve loved every moment since purchasing our trailer and are glad we decided to purchase a Grand Design over a different manufacturer.
- Vivienne, Texas

2019-07-05 2018 Forest River Cherokee 264CK View Listings

I will NEVER buy a Cherokee again. First trip, every screw was loose. Shower door fell off. Water hoses not tighten. Kitchen sink faucet broke, sprayed and leaked water everywhere. Bed supports broke first trip. I called the dealer and the manufacturer with complaints. They were no help and said that none of these thing were in the warranty!!! Second trip, leaf springs broke. Plastic clips on doors broke.... We purchased this 5th Wheel new from the manufacture. Certified purchase. Certified regret.
- Don Nelson, California

2019-06-25 2019 Grand Design Momentum G Class 350G View Listings

This is absolutely the best built 5th wheel toy hauler on the market. We have owned 3 & no comparison. The insulation,the heated tanks,the race track circulation A/C,the patio,the awnings,the led lighting,etc.there's so many standard options that you have to add on with the other brands.we were completely blown away. We are selling this unit in hopes someone else can take advantage of all the space it has. The 2 of us & our motorcycles don't need all the space. We have installed removable chocks for towing the bikes.
- Richard Hutchison , Texas

2019-06-25 2019 Heartland Torque 371 View Listings

DO NOT BUY A HEARTLAND PRODUCT!!Floor plan is great, not enough room in master bedroom.These RV's are VERY POORLY Made! The windows openings in the RV were cut too large for the window's. Every single window in the RV leaks. The RV leaked since day one, it sat at the service center for 8 months, replaced windows and weather stripping and caulk and all the windows still continue to leak. This is a lemon and this manufacture defect can NOT be fixed. DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY!
- Tracey Rouse, North Carolina

2019-06-18 2018 Jayco Seismic 4113 View Listings

We purchased our seismic last August and left for our first trip in September. The first night, we put the slides out and the next day, couldn’t get the big slide back in. It came in crooked. No matter what we tried, we couldn’t get it back in straight. We had to wait 2 days to get it in for repairs, only to find out we needed a new motor for the slide, which would take 2 weeks to get. We had them manually put the slide back in and continued on our way to Yellowstone. Each time we stopped, we had to have help getting our slide back in place. Upon arriving home, we took it in to have the slide motor replaced. Ten weeks later, we got our RV back and packed for an extended stay in Florida. The first day, our slide started giving us the same problem again! We finally stopped at a Camping World and were told it was the controller for the slide and it needed to be replaced. Again, it would take 2 weeks to get it. We had them get our slide back in and we got to our destination and contacted a mobile repair company who ordered the controller. When he came to install the controller, he realized it was the rollers that were too small for the weight of the slide and digging into the wood, causing too much voltage to the controller, thereby stopping the motor before the slide was back in. He said it was a design defect and the only way to fix the problem was to completely remove the slide and replace the rollers AND the motor. This has been an ongoing issue since the day we bought our unit and now it’s back at the dealership we purchased it from as we wait to hear back from them on what can be done to fix this problem.
- Randy Whitmore , Illinois

2019-06-08 2010 Keystone Raptor 300MP View Listings

Love the room love the layout but the quality is lacking, and there is no support from the factory. We had a few small things happen and some very large things happen.The first thing that went after less than a year were the decals. The only thing Keystone would do was send us new decals but not take up the old ones. Or put the new ones on. Then the floor in the garage rotted. That was only after three years, then the garage door rotted, after only five years. Our RV dealer thought for sure Keystone would help. Keystone turned it down. We spoke directly to a representative at Keystone, she said if we went to Indiana and they would help us. Not 100% but would help. So we took our hard earned vacation and went there. When we got there the representative was not there. She did however arrange a tour of the plant. The gentleman that gave the tour said that the Keystone Raptor we had was horrible and they know that they had mistakes on it but they are not doing anything about it. What a waste of time and fuel. We did take tours of other manufacturers while we were there, We decided to never buy another Keystone product again. Can you imagine driving all the way to Indiana from Florida and then not even talking to you except to give you a tour? I would never recommend another Keystone to anyone! Even the RV dealership that we purchased from State and do not sell Raptor is any longer Due to the workmanship, and lack of support from factory.
- BettyAnn Adams, Florida

2019-06-07 2018 Heartland Torque 345JM View Listings

Camper purchased brand new 10/17. September 3 2018 Labor Day while camping we noticed the complete bottom of bedroom slide out rotted underneath. Camping world couldn’t get in shop until April 2019. Heartland denies claim to fix. They don’t care about the product once sold Poor quality ans I wouldn’t recommend anyone to purchase the torque brand. Poor quality, poor made, poor service ans they don’t stand behind their product
- Terena Meadows, Tennessee

2019-05-18 2019 Grand Design Momentum M-Class 351M View Listings

This camper has an awesome layout! The island is very functional and we could sit comfortably at it on the bar stools, whether eating dinner or drinking a beer. It has beautiful colored led lighting, inside and out, that you can adjust for any mood, and the fireplace adds an exceptional bit of warmth, literally and figuratively. It is very well insulated, and I never had a problem with condensation on the windows or walls, on those cold mornings, unlike other campers. The 1/2 bath in the garage is a bonus. It comes in handy for company. We replaced the mattress of course, wasn't even comfortable to sit on. The shower is great, didn't have to turn it off to conserve hot water. The microwave quit, but it's getting replaced by the dealer and grand design. Had a hydrolic leak, and some problems with the one touch control system, but had repair guys come to our campground to fix it and GD reimbursed us for every penny. We did have a problem with the norcold fridge not getting cold enough, condensation build up and ice build up, Norcold was being a pia, so we just took it to our dealer when we got home, to let them deal with them. Overall I would say it's not like a camper, its more like a small home. Oh ya, when we first picked it up I forgot to grab my coffee cup off the counter, but when we got home it was sitting right where I left it!
- Carol, Michigan

2019-05-15 2019 Dutchmen Voltage 3605 View Listings

I bought a dutchman voltage 3605 back in 2018 . I had a few minor issues but expected with any RV. It's a very solid air tight . Stays cool in the summer and warm in the winter . Very sound proof as well . I put over 5000 miles on the unit so far and no issues . I'd but again . High quality with out breaking the bank .
- James , Maryland

2019-04-20 2017 Genesis Supreme Genesis 33CK View Listings

Warranty issue immediately after buying. Eventually resolved but very annoying. Cheaply built with low quality materials. In my opinion, a poor company marketing a product priced well above it's value.
- JD Parker, Arizona