Toy Haulers 5th Wheels RVs Reviews (244)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Toy Haulers 5th Wheels RVs Reviews and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of these RVs.

Richard J Ernst from Ohio says:

Have you owned any Toy Haulers 5th Wheels RVs? Write a review

Voted Most Helpful Review 2017 Grand Design Momentum 399TH View Listings

Overall we like our 399TH and we accept some of the simple fixes that usually come with a new camper. However, it seems like we have a list that wouldn't exist with proper QC: 1. The trailer arrived with the wrong interior. 2. The media chairs were mounted crooked and would get stuck on the window valance when reclined. 3. No hot water on city connection. We have to pull water from the tanks to heat it. 4. Half of the carpet in the loft wasn't even there. It just raw particle board exposed. I was told this was normal from my dealer! 5. Sliding door to the side porch is not square and the door doesn't close flush. 6. Garage glass door has a gap on one side, clearly not plumb. 7. Garage loft bed is not level. I have to push up on one side of the bed to place the locking pins in. I was told by my dealer there is nothing that can be done about it. I need to stand on a stool or use a pole to push the bed up while putting the pin in. 8. The porch enclosure tears a hole in the mesh when stowed for transport. The dealer said it's a design flaw. 9.Trailer was delivered with missing rubber keyhole covers. I was told they will not be covered under warranty even though it was delivered without them! 10. Batteries wont hold a full charge. 12.5V is the highest they will charge. The dealer is currently looking at that. 11. The door would unlatch even when locked under transport. The closed grab handle is the only thing keeping the door closed. I'm told the door isn't aligned with the latch catch properly. 12.Power converter was advertised as a 75W but a 65W was put in. 13. Kitchen slide does not close flush to the unit. 14. Fuel tank gage is backwards and reads the level in the opposite tank. There are also three options we paid for but wish we didn't and we feel a little deceived: 1. The king bed upgrade is not a true king, it's 6 inches narrower than a actual king. We upgraded so I could use our Tempurpedic mattress for my back only to find out later that I paid for the king size option and it won't fit my actual sized king. I now have to buy a queen Tempurpedic to replace the stock mattress but the queen mattress is too small to fill the fake king size platform. Basically I paid for an option I can't use and on top of that I need to spend even more money because of it. Stick with the queen unless you plan on keeping the horrible stock mattress! 2. The so called removable carpet kit for the garage area is a joke! It is literally a roll of felt that isn't even cut to fit the garage(see pic)! We had the understanding it was carpet that matched the carpet in the rest of the trailer. We at least got a small piece of carpet for the door step.The option should be title "unmeasured/uncut removable felt" because it is definitely not carpet! Buy a remnant instead from Lowes or Home Depot, it will be actual carpet and it will be cheaper too! 3. The optional stairs for the ramps have been useless for us. We have yet to find an area that once you get leveled the stairs will reach the ground, even with the legs fully extended(see pic). I have to use wood blocks to place under the legs even on a hard level surface. The only time they work properly is on a flat level surface without the leveling jacks extended(like at an RV show)! The side porch stair mounts were not measured properly and the stairs will not mount evenly because of them. I'm waiting for my dealer to see what they can do with that. I would love to have my money back for these useless options. The camper is nice overall but there seems to be some deceiving with some options, intentional or not....research the options closely or you may not be getting what you think. This is our first camper and our lessons learned were expensive.
- Richard J Ernst, Ohio

2019-10-16 2020 Heartland Gateway 3905FLG View Listings

We bought this unit in Georgia we live in Bryceville Florida. But before we bought it notice floor in living not right so we left it with camping World one week before we pick up hoping to fix . But they did not. So we scheduled a appointment month after we pick up also water heater burnt out and melted was bad so we scheduled appointment for both and we thought to fix both , to find out was just to see get approval from insurance. This is crazy brand new unit was on lot before pick up they new of the problem with the floor. problem with water heater which they kinda fixed. So just saying paying all this money for the best insurance coverage on this 2020 unit with issues and it’s a lot to keep bringing in a unit this big every problem was trying to save from doing that but didn’t work out either. So sad love my new RV just can’t get what needs attention taken care of because red tape. 😢😢 But hey thank the Lord my husband in construction I Love my new RV My Husband is Amazing. Just feel for other people who may not get to enjoy because red tape. God is good
- William and Connie Powers, Georgia

2019-10-15 2019 Heartland Fuel 322 View Listings

Nice looking toy hauler but built cheap. Front leveling Jack pin broke off causing rig to almost roll over when performing automatic leveling. After looking at why, seems as if the retaining pin is too thin to support the weight. This happened the 2nd time we used the trailer. Other negative of trailer is have to use city water to fill tank. On our 1st camping trip water level read full which was not the case. Since the only way to fill tank is with pressurized hose (city water) we had to load up camp and drive into town to fill tank once again. Wasted a full day of camping.
- Victor Guerrero , Arizona

2019-10-14 2007 Weekend Warrior Weekend Warrior 3905CR View Listings

Wonderful RV to use with plenty of room I would recommend a weekend warrior to anybody that goes camping in the desert this particular RV has more room than anything on the market even today Don’t hesitate to get one they are beautiful units they must see
- Ron Sanchez II, California

2019-10-14 2005 Weekend Warrior Weekend Warrior 3505LE View Listings

We purchased this Weekend Warrior because of the excellent reputation this brand had for toy haulers. We upgraded the coach to the fullest extend possible, and we enjoyed using is at the river and in the desert. It easily fit 2 full size quads and 1 small quad, or 2 waverunners on separate trailers. The wench which we installed made it easy to load and unload the toys. The coach itself is very comfortable and we were able to sleep 8 people on beds. We also had the option of using the add-a-room tent system which would hold up to an additional 8 people in sleeping bags. The on board fueling station was amazing. We were able to drive the quads right up to it to fuel up. The BBQ add-on was also very useful, and since we also opted for the full stereo system, we were able to enjoy music outside as well. At the river, the outside shower came in very handy. There is plenty of inside & outside storage. It tows easily.
- CTB, California

2019-10-07 2019 Heartland Cyclone 4005 View Listings

Buyer Beware my husband and I purchased this 2019 preparing for retirement since the purchase June of 2018 we have numerous water problems and mechanical failures took back to dealer once to find leak that filled the underbelly also basement filled with water fried the inverter caused soft spot on floor in front of stairs water on floor in front of slideout when it rains they had it for a month finally got it back last week transfer switch to generator got hot and burnt wires then last night it rained and water came in under slideout on entry side wish we would have gone with another company but all this issues of poor workmanship are hidden under nice finishes so please anyone thinking of buying this brand read reviews which we did but investigate deeper after all this costs as much as a small home I Would Not But This Brand Again hope this helps someone so they don’t get duped like we did now were stuck with it because it is nowhere worth what we paid
- Kathy DeBoard, Kentucky

2019-10-06 2019 Heartland Fuel 322 View Listings

RV satisfaction is understandably hard to achieve. $50k dollars later cheaper parts. Solution: omit tank sensors. After having to drain fresh tank that fills on city connection...weird, the brand new sensor reads full. The black/gray with slight reason, same thing. The gurgling in shower tells you when full!!! Most importantly, water leak is detrimental. Omit these electric faulty ideas and place a ceramic basin in showers for better shower drain connection. Americans care less about rv weight!! We buy bigger trucks. Quality is judged by gadgets and not the electrical/plumbing function that has men up every morning walking around the rig or head stuffed in a compartment finding things loose and not working. So unsatisfying!!!
- Mark Swanger, North Carolina

2019-09-28 2019 Keystone Raptor 356 View Listings

We purchased a new 2019 Keystone Raptor this past May. Beautiful, but lots of problems with it. Kitchen sink water drains on the kitchen floor. Refrigerator did not cool under 59 degrees. Front door pops open. Toyhauler ramp would not close on one side. The 3 new Furrion TVs that came with the RV have never worked; dealer, TV manufacturer, and Keystone RV cannot figure out why they do not work. RV has been at the dealer for the entire time except for 13 days. It is still there..... our travel plans for summer and for the first month of Fall have been ruined. Will never purchase a Keystone product again. Now we are stuck with it! By the way, the dealer said they fixed our issues. We took it out for a weekend (next town to us) to only find out nothing was fixed. Had to take it back a 2nd time and it is still there today.
- Karen McGhee , Indiana

2019-09-23 2019 Keystone Carbon 357 View Listings

Brakes failed with about 60 miles on new unit. Completely shelled front right. 3 weeks to get parts from keystone with no update until the end. Freezer won’t freeze water even turned when turned up to max. Supposed to have the “extreme weather “ package and yet the A/Cs both running flat out can’t keep up. Glue on bathroom vanity, floor and shower. Loose trim, loose screws, cheap particle board cabinets. Raw board under bed with sharp edges just waiting to take out a shin. No way to run AV equipment cords behind tv. The clothes washer is plumbed into the black instead of grey water tank. All the exterior locks are corroded, so I don’t dare lock them. I am very disappointed with the Keystone Carbon.
- Royce Turner, Texas

2019-09-18 2014 Keystone Raptor 332TS View Listings

Great floor plan have issues with the craftsmanship of their roofs.Cut the hole for vent pipe 3 inches from pipe then stretched rubber roof over pipe leaving about two inches not under flange they just caulked over to hide problem this had to be done at factory. Roof totally coming apart under rubber membrane. Company lacks quality control would never recommend. I have read n watched others on YouTube with same issues check it out before you invest your money.
- Douglas Brisbane , Washington

2019-09-16 2017 Keystone Montana High Country 380TH View Listings

We purchased this particular model, intending to live in it upon retirement. It had everything we would need to travel the country for an entire year. Plenty of Room for my husband, our dogs, and I. The rig is absolutely beautiful and comfortable.However, we had some issues that needed to be addressed, as with any new RV. We had purchased from Camping World, and unfortunately, their service was not done in a timely manner and up to our standards. I recommend the Montana high country 380TH, but do not purchase from Camping World.
- Lynne , Arizona

2019-09-16 2017 DRV FullHouse JX450 View Listings

We decided on purchasing a DRV because of its substructure; frame size, Axel strength, breaking system, wall structure and insulation. We wanted s unit for full time living in Hot and Cold climates. Wanted a lot of storage and ability to cary SmartCar in the garage. There was no other manufacturer that made a 5th wheel Toybox that met all our requirements. We sliced full time in our JX 450 for two years with only minor problems which were fixed quickly by DRV through Rolling Retreats in Elk City Oklahoma. Heating and cooling was no problem and comfortable living was possible. We had no problems toeing with our 2017 RAM 3500 Dually Diesel with a Curt Q24 5th Wheel. We definitely recommend purchasing thru s well known and respected DRV dealer. Such as Rolling Retreats.
- Ronald Mauldin, Texas

2019-09-12 2018 Keystone Raptor 398 View Listings

Overall a good trailer,purchased in Oct 2017,so it's a 2018 model 398 king sweet. Some issues so far are: Front nose cap was flexing so bad the paint was cracking and a spider web effect. Mike Thompson rv had to remove and found that keystone never reinforced with fiberglass resin. The front entry door contacts upper corner causing closing issues.Not covered under warranty even though keystone has a 3yr exterior warranty from sept 2017 and on, my trailer is a 2018 built in June of 2017 so they deny warranty even though purchased in Oct of 2017. Thanks keystone!! The vinyl has started peeling off both bath room doors, 1 with shower,1 without. Not covered under warranty Week relay in leveling system malfunctioned, not covered under warranty, 350.00 to fix. $6.00 part. Ouch! Other than the issues stated, it's so far a good trailer. Just have to be a handyman to fix minor problems the arise. The chassie seems good, good breaking etc. Lol. Hopefully this helps.
- Trent M., California

2019-09-02 2015 Forest River Vengeance 38L12 View Listings

We have hauled two harleys, and a UTV, for about three years. We are looking to down size as our kids get older. It is a pimping rig. This rig is a stand alone toyhauler and you don't need electric, water, or sewer cuz its huge!
- Paul Deuman, Wisconsin

2019-08-29 2017 Keystone Fuzion 4141 X-Edition View Listings

I bought a 2017 Keystone Fuzion 4141 new off the lot. There were several items not right with the unit. I took it in a couple of times to be fixed. I was told the last time it was out of warranty. The items I am finding are stacking up to fast for me to fix all of them. I paid $80,000 for this unit and its no longer a high priority on there list. I use this fifth wheel 4-5 times a year. The list of problems with this unit include the hot water heater (LP side) does not work. I have never even used it but I was told they would look at it but would cost a couple hundred to just find out what is wrong with it. I would think the dealer would have at least tested its functionality. The garage rear slider door came off when I opened it yesterday. Its been messed up sense I picked it up but I was to naïve to know it. Trim on ceiling has come down in several places. General RV did nail it up once. The trim on the outside where two side wall panels join is coming off letting water in and delaminating the paint and side. The grey water valve used for dumping does not work, it stays open all the time. This unit is not a true 4 season trailer. You can look down through the under skirting from the rear to the front. I walled it up for insulation and rodent infestation problems. If you do buy one of these poorly built units pay close attention when picking it up and get the full paint job. The sticker graphics fade and peal off. I have mentioned just a few problems with this Keystone there are many more.
- Mark, Indiana

2019-08-27 2020 Keystone Avalanche 385BG View Listings

Problems before we even left the dealership. Electrical and molding issues. Then the side loading door fails. Then the pin hitch failed which could have been fatal on the hwy. then the sealed undercarriage started coming loose . All keystone says was that we caused the damage. Really?? The loading platform says 3000 lbs. my Harley weighs 800. 4 bolts failed. The dealership said the bolts were not even put through the frame and did that at no charge. Then trailer brakes would not work. Finally required after 3 weeks. Wish I would have looked elsewhere. The tie downs were installed with wood screws into plywood and pulled out. Quality is nothing what I would expect and keystone did nothing.
- Jim welborn, Texas

2019-08-24 2019 Forest River Vengeance Touring Edition 385FK13 View Listings

We thought we trade our 2016 travel trailer on this Vengeance Touring Edition “2019 RV Business Camper of the Year”!!! B***S***! There is so many issues with this camper! First, it is very poor quality! The shower floor felt like we were going to fall through the floor! I’m 190lbs and the heaviest in my family! I braced the shower floor which you would think that would have been done by the factory!! The ceiling in the bathroom is 8’ tall and has an exhaust fan that does not have a switch! Had to buy a step stool to turn on the fan and open the hood! The TV’s - The tv’s in the master bedroom, garage/bedroom and outside could not auto scan. So I call Economy RV’s in Maryland where we bought it, and the service manager said there is a splitter at the bath exhaust fan but you have to pull down the shroud/return of the fan. It was in the shower skylight shroud! All fittings were tight! Went outside to the cable hook-up and unscrewed the panel and found the satellite cable was hooked up to the cable outlet and the cable wire was hooked up to the satellite outlet. Changed those cables and did “auto-scan” and now my grandkids can watch TV!!! Next task..... two of the cabinet doors screws were falling out! Got a screwdriver just to find out that the screws are stripped! Next task... hooked up the waste to the camper opened the grey tank and found that the “black tank” and “grey tank” stickers were reversed! Fix that! Next task.... sink in bathroom was leaking! No a big fix but this should have been caught by the dealer! Would I ever buy a Forest River RV again??????? Noooooooooo Waaaaaaayyyyyyyy!!!!!!! Oh, when I called Forest River Tech support/warranty service, they told me “they depend on they’re dealers to catch things like this!!!! NO QUALITY CONTROL!!!!!!!! Stay away from these RV’s!!!
- Robert J Gale Sr., Maryland

2019-08-19 2018 Forest River XLR Nitro 36T15 View Listings

I just wanted to add a little something I just read another review on a forest river nitro toy hauler 36t15. I also every time I take my toy hauler anywhere find 2 to 5 bolts nuts screws on the floor every single screw every single bolt fell out of my back bench seating area we also have 1 inch air gap‘s around the back door I’ve found bolts that fell off the cabinet trimwork is falling off almost every direction in the trailer bedroom door trim we had to use spare tire we let the spare tire down with the tools they give us it’s plastic octagon shape stripped out the very first time I used it I opened up the tube where you put your sewage hose the door snapped off the very first day I wish I opened every door every closet tried every single thing before I spent $87,000 on this trailer thank God for my dealer he has fixed almost every problem we had and they told me they never turned anything in for warranty of course nuts and bolts I replaced they use these drill tip self tapping screws that hollow out the hole and then the bolts just fall right out
- Edward f DeSantis , New York

2019-08-18 2010 Keystone Raptor 300MP View Listings

Bought our Raptor new in 2010. Took excellent care with it. Now in 2019 we have found particle board is used throughout Keystone campers. WE have spent thousands replacing the junk ramp for the garage, the floor in the garage and recently found our bedroom slide would not come back in. I't s mounting assembly for the hydraulic ram has rotted being particle board too. Not one sign of leakage in any of these high cost repairs. Total junk as I suspect 99% of campers most likely are too. I highly recommend staying away from all RV's and campers. Buy land or farms and enjoy your free time without the heartache of camper ownership. So sorry we bought this crap.
- Kenenth B. Lane, Missouri

2019-08-13 2019 Grand Design Momentum 399TH View Listings

We have not had a good experience. In fact, there are so many issues with our brand new Grand Design Momentum 399TH that I intended to launch a full internet campaign against Lazy Days RV and Grand Design RV. However, R.T. Kendall's messages recently reminded me that our Lord Jesus Christ teaches "total forgiveness". So instead, I will point out one disparity and then release the whole affair to God for His justice. Look closely at the attached pictures (pictures not available on this site). When I went online to get an insurance quote, I tried to insure my total investment; the value at number 2, the "bottom line" ($98,230.27). The website would not accept this value and a pop-up warning said it could not be insured for more than its retail value. I tried other values until I had to settle on the value at number 3 ($89,998). By this we know we paid full price. I assume the value at number 1 ($118,254) is used to make the buyer think he/she is getting a discount. There were NO discounts for us! Only the Devil's deception! Regardless of the poor rating represented by this review, there was one bright spot in our experience. That was our salesman, Bert Rios. Unlike most salespeople who do most of the talking and try to tell you what you want to buy, Bert listened intently to our concerns and guided us accordingly. God bless you, Bert!
- Dennis Brant , Arizona

2019-08-12 2017 KZ Venom 3911TK View Listings

First bought it...loved it, but after the warranty ran out it seems like every time we take it out something happens. Last year a tire blew...two years old and only 2 trips to Georgia...bought all new tires upon return and found out 3 others were ready to blow! This year the main computer board went out...still waiting for right one...wrong one was sent. Now this trip...a leaf spring broke...ruined one new tire. We had awning problems...wouldn’t go in, minor jack issues, microwave went out, refrigerator didn’t have proper insulation, blind strings broke first week we had it...we love camping but just afraid to go anywhere...what else will happen. You spend hard earned money only to spend more to fix it. We had 2 Winnebago motor homes and only had one issue after owning it 10 years!
- Carol , Iowa

2019-08-10 2018 Heartland Cyclone 4115 View Listings

second year owning this camper. noticed signs of water intrusion under the master room slide. wall seems to be delaminating under the slides, heartland will do nothing to cover this factory defect. customer service is a joke. the campers are made to a very low standard. fit and finish is a joke. constantly fixing things that break or fall off in the interior of the rig. ill never buy another camper from this company. EVER! steer clear.
- gizmotek12@gmail.com, Maine

2019-08-06 2017 Grand Design Momentum 399TH View Listings

The worst RV we have ever owned! Had a flat less then 10 miles from the dealer. First night the hot water heater didn't work screws were falling out everywhere.tank monitors have never worked Happy Jack bed frame pulled away from the wall the living room chair smelled like it was burning and stopped working! After only four months we had 27 different issues took it in for repairs and came out with seven new issues. took the unit to the manufacturing warranty department and they wrecked it. A disaster is all I can say! I will never buy another grand design!we bought the unit new in July of 2017
- R. Marioni, Texas

2019-08-04 2017 Jayco Seismic 4113 View Listings

Full size fridge with ice maker, two decks, party lights, and auto leveling makes this trailer very liveable. Many other awesome features like four tv’s, fireplace, plenty of cargo storage and two exterior doors.
- Leslie Johnston, Oklahoma

2019-08-01 2019 Grand Design Momentum 376TH View Listings

Glad to find this site. Same problem with refrigerator not closing properly. The middle piece on double door not closing. Read about using washer on it and will try that. Other problem was the awning falling off side of rv. Had it extended and was inside and all the sudden the left side of the awning crashed down. Did call dealer as we purchased it on June 28th 2019 and this happened on July 13th 2019. Had no luck with dealer and finally found an rv place to come out to repair it. Looking at camper it is the left arm bent that comes out ver the dining slide out. Very disappointed!!!
- Andrew Kreuter Jr, Pennsylvania