Toy Haulers 5th Wheels RVs Reviews (210)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Toy Haulers 5th Wheels RVs Reviews and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of these RVs.

Richard J Ernst from Ohio says:

Have you owned any Toy Haulers 5th Wheels RVs? Write a review

Voted Most Helpful Review 2017 Grand Design Momentum 399TH View Listings

Overall we like our 399TH and we accept some of the simple fixes that usually come with a new camper. However, it seems like we have a list that wouldn't exist with proper QC: 1. The trailer arrived with the wrong interior. 2. The media chairs were mounted crooked and would get stuck on the window valance when reclined. 3. No hot water on city connection. We have to pull water from the tanks to heat it. 4. Half of the carpet in the loft wasn't even there. It just raw particle board exposed. I was told this was normal from my dealer! 5. Sliding door to the side porch is not square and the door doesn't close flush. 6. Garage glass door has a gap on one side, clearly not plumb. 7. Garage loft bed is not level. I have to push up on one side of the bed to place the locking pins in. I was told by my dealer there is nothing that can be done about it. I need to stand on a stool or use a pole to push the bed up while putting the pin in. 8. The porch enclosure tears a hole in the mesh when stowed for transport. The dealer said it's a design flaw. 9.Trailer was delivered with missing rubber keyhole covers. I was told they will not be covered under warranty even though it was delivered without them! 10. Batteries wont hold a full charge. 12.5V is the highest they will charge. The dealer is currently looking at that. 11. The door would unlatch even when locked under transport. The closed grab handle is the only thing keeping the door closed. I'm told the door isn't aligned with the latch catch properly. 12.Power converter was advertised as a 75W but a 65W was put in. 13. Kitchen slide does not close flush to the unit. 14. Fuel tank gage is backwards and reads the level in the opposite tank. There are also three options we paid for but wish we didn't and we feel a little deceived: 1. The king bed upgrade is not a true king, it's 6 inches narrower than a actual king. We upgraded so I could use our Tempurpedic mattress for my back only to find out later that I paid for the king size option and it won't fit my actual sized king. I now have to buy a queen Tempurpedic to replace the stock mattress but the queen mattress is too small to fill the fake king size platform. Basically I paid for an option I can't use and on top of that I need to spend even more money because of it. Stick with the queen unless you plan on keeping the horrible stock mattress! 2. The so called removable carpet kit for the garage area is a joke! It is literally a roll of felt that isn't even cut to fit the garage(see pic)! We had the understanding it was carpet that matched the carpet in the rest of the trailer. We at least got a small piece of carpet for the door step.The option should be title "unmeasured/uncut removable felt" because it is definitely not carpet! Buy a remnant instead from Lowes or Home Depot, it will be actual carpet and it will be cheaper too! 3. The optional stairs for the ramps have been useless for us. We have yet to find an area that once you get leveled the stairs will reach the ground, even with the legs fully extended(see pic). I have to use wood blocks to place under the legs even on a hard level surface. The only time they work properly is on a flat level surface without the leveling jacks extended(like at an RV show)! The side porch stair mounts were not measured properly and the stairs will not mount evenly because of them. I'm waiting for my dealer to see what they can do with that. I would love to have my money back for these useless options. The camper is nice overall but there seems to be some deceiving with some options, intentional or not....research the options closely or you may not be getting what you think. This is our first camper and our lessons learned were expensive.
- Richard J Ernst, Ohio

2019-06-18 2018 Jayco Seismic 4113 View Listings

We purchased our seismic last August and left for our first trip in September. The first night, we put the slides out and the next day, couldn’t get the big slide back in. It came in crooked. No matter what we tried, we couldn’t get it back in straight. We had to wait 2 days to get it in for repairs, only to find out we needed a new motor for the slide, which would take 2 weeks to get. We had them manually put the slide back in and continued on our way to Yellowstone. Each time we stopped, we had to have help getting our slide back in place. Upon arriving home, we took it in to have the slide motor replaced. Ten weeks later, we got our RV back and packed for an extended stay in Florida. The first day, our slide started giving us the same problem again! We finally stopped at a Camping World and were told it was the controller for the slide and it needed to be replaced. Again, it would take 2 weeks to get it. We had them get our slide back in and we got to our destination and contacted a mobile repair company who ordered the controller. When he came to install the controller, he realized it was the rollers that were too small for the weight of the slide and digging into the wood, causing too much voltage to the controller, thereby stopping the motor before the slide was back in. He said it was a design defect and the only way to fix the problem was to completely remove the slide and replace the rollers AND the motor. This has been an ongoing issue since the day we bought our unit and now it’s back at the dealership we purchased it from as we wait to hear back from them on what can be done to fix this problem.
- Randy Whitmore , Illinois

2019-06-08 2010 Keystone Raptor 300MP View Listings

Love the room love the layout but the quality is lacking, and there is no support from the factory. We had a few small things happen and some very large things happen.The first thing that went after less than a year were the decals. The only thing Keystone would do was send us new decals but not take up the old ones. Or put the new ones on. Then the floor in the garage rotted. That was only after three years, then the garage door rotted, after only five years. Our RV dealer thought for sure Keystone would help. Keystone turned it down. We spoke directly to a representative at Keystone, she said if we went to Indiana and they would help us. Not 100% but would help. So we took our hard earned vacation and went there. When we got there the representative was not there. She did however arrange a tour of the plant. The gentleman that gave the tour said that the Keystone Raptor we had was horrible and they know that they had mistakes on it but they are not doing anything about it. What a waste of time and fuel. We did take tours of other manufacturers while we were there, We decided to never buy another Keystone product again. Can you imagine driving all the way to Indiana from Florida and then not even talking to you except to give you a tour? I would never recommend another Keystone to anyone! Even the RV dealership that we purchased from State and do not sell Raptor is any longer Due to the workmanship, and lack of support from factory.
- BettyAnn Adams, Florida

2019-06-07 2018 Heartland Torque 345JM View Listings

Camper purchased brand new 10/17. September 3 2018 Labor Day while camping we noticed the complete bottom of bedroom slide out rotted underneath. Camping world couldn’t get in shop until April 2019. Heartland denies claim to fix. They don’t care about the product once sold Poor quality ans I wouldn’t recommend anyone to purchase the torque brand. Poor quality, poor made, poor service ans they don’t stand behind their product
- Terena Meadows, Tennessee

2019-05-18 2019 Grand Design Momentum M-Class 351M View Listings

This camper has an awesome layout! The island is very functional and we could sit comfortably at it on the bar stools, whether eating dinner or drinking a beer. It has beautiful colored led lighting, inside and out, that you can adjust for any mood, and the fireplace adds an exceptional bit of warmth, literally and figuratively. It is very well insulated, and I never had a problem with condensation on the windows or walls, on those cold mornings, unlike other campers. The 1/2 bath in the garage is a bonus. It comes in handy for company. We replaced the mattress of course, wasn't even comfortable to sit on. The shower is great, didn't have to turn it off to conserve hot water. The microwave quit, but it's getting replaced by the dealer and grand design. Had a hydrolic leak, and some problems with the one touch control system, but had repair guys come to our campground to fix it and GD reimbursed us for every penny. We did have a problem with the norcold fridge not getting cold enough, condensation build up and ice build up, Norcold was being a pia, so we just took it to our dealer when we got home, to let them deal with them. Overall I would say it's not like a camper, its more like a small home. Oh ya, when we first picked it up I forgot to grab my coffee cup off the counter, but when we got home it was sitting right where I left it!
- Carol, Michigan

2019-05-15 2019 Dutchmen Voltage 3605 View Listings

I bought a dutchman voltage 3605 back in 2018 . I had a few minor issues but expected with any RV. It's a very solid air tight . Stays cool in the summer and warm in the winter . Very sound proof as well . I put over 5000 miles on the unit so far and no issues . I'd but again . High quality with out breaking the bank .
- James , Maryland

2019-04-20 2017 Genesis Supreme Genesis 33CK View Listings

Warranty issue immediately after buying. Eventually resolved but very annoying. Cheaply built with low quality materials. In my opinion, a poor company marketing a product priced well above it's value.
- JD Parker, Arizona

2019-04-20 2019 Keystone Fuzion 427 View Listings

Very disappointing purchase. By far the worst sales and customer service. I purchased a 2019 Fusion 427 on December 12th which was delivered with 16 different issues some minor and major. The delivery guy couldn’t even detach the unit due to the hydraulic pump being burned out. I immediately contacted my sales rep which ignored my concerns. I contact the GM-Jimmy Grotz which took him one month to respond. The GM at first was very apologetic offering to make the situation rite but has not followed through with his word. Issues on a “Brand New toy hauler $80,000 unit” 1-Burned out pump for self leveling system 2-furnace needed replacement 3-Gray water tank releases valve broken which caused over flow of water in shower and sinks 4-Leather couch sectional ripped and table trays non functional 5-Rust completely covered underneath unit Leaf springs and all bolts which is odd when purchased in georgia(No winter/salt use) 6-microwave/conventional oven needed replacement 7-In-Command computer system for unit faulty non Stop operational 8-Cummings generator 30hrs on it??? Never turned on once 8-Nails sticking out of carpet in Bedroom 9-Refrigerators mother board burned out which resulted in a New fridge to yet be installed 10- Blind In living room ripped and metal edge on bottom just hanging and still delivered as is. 11- Unit delivered with the winterize fluids still in and not properly prepared for delivery 12- Decals on exterior ripped and peeling 13- two propane tanks empty when delivered 14- Four different places of trim molding cracked and hanging off 15- Counter top not securely bolted down and very visible to human eye. 15-Surround sound bar not connected to TV 16-Fireplace motor burned out 17-Back up batteries faulty showing an error 18- Brake wiring was faulty which is a huge concern for safety. Pictures, emails and incomplete work orders on hand for anyone concerned with making a purchase from this dealership. The rite thing to do Mr. Grotz as well keystone trailers address the issues immediately and refund or replaced unit. Before the purchase I was called 6 times from sales and management but when these problems were delivered to me nobody wanted to help except RV of Concord NC. Nike House service advisor is outstanding even though these issues are still not repaired nor is the unit in my possession. 4 months payments made $7,000 in hotel stays and had unit a total of 13 days.
- Pietro Vinci, Georgia

2019-04-15 2016 Keystone Raptor 355TS View Listings

I’ve owned three fifth wheel toy haulers prior and this one, by far is the quietest and most stable of them all. I’ve installed a ball hitch adapter onto the fifth wheel king pin (have after market flat bed on my truck) which is very quiet, no fifth wheel “creaking”, very positive feel. This coach has “auto-leveling” and it is awesome! Once you disconnect from your tow vehicle, push auto and voila, six hydraulic jacks make for a very stable camp. When fun time is over, push a couple of buttons and the coach returns to the height of when it was disconnected from the tow vehicle ready to be hooked up and taken to the next play area. The refrigerator is huge, the shower is huge, all in all the coach is very comfortable. My wife and I have only used this coach twice (due to medical) and would like tell more about our experiences with this but we just don’t have the opportunity. Thank you
- Mark Boyce, Oregon

2019-04-06 2017 Grand Design Momentum M-Class 398M View Listings

very satisfied with my purchase little dealer little prices was very informative and beat all the competition price wise would recommend buying from them again to all my friends! i am very excited to start traveling with my new travel trailer!!
- Sue Mennenga, Arizona

2019-04-05 2019 Keystone Fuzion 357 View Listings

Towed new rv 2 hours to home, opened door to find blinds/curtain valance above main window lying on the floor, screws pulled from the wall, screws scratched new theatre seating. After unhooking from truck tried auto leveling 3 times, computer said auto level success but the rv is nowhere near level. Used 4 ft construction level across floor and a full bubble off front to back and a full bubble off from side to side. Being that the rv didnt come with an adapter to plug into the outside of my house(dont know anyone that has 50 amp service on outside of their home or shop) to charge batteries, so i had to start the onboard generator to charge batteries. Generator started but no power? I checked circuit switches on generator and circuit breakers inside rv, all good. Dealer told me to smack a black transfsr switch box in storage box, yes a smack, but it worked! But every time i shut the generator off and back on i have to go out, open storage box and smack the box again to get power! Ive been a keystone rv owner for 4 days and done nothing but fought problems. I dont dare try or touch anything else? What a 70k piece of junk!!
- BC, Utah

2019-03-28 2014 Keystone Raptor 332TS View Listings

Keystone is the best. Having owned 6 RVs I know the quality of the keystone is the best. Others have cause more head aches. it has been problem free for 5 years. I will not buy any other brand in the future
- Mark Moberg, South Carolina

2019-03-25 2008 KZ Inferno 3912 View Listings

I am the owner of this RV, so I am bias to this unit. I and my family have enjoyed every trip in it. When there was a warranty issue KZ handled it promptly. Unit is in great working order. It pulled very well with my 2003 3500 Dodge Ram and then my 2014 3500 Dodge Ram. I bought this unit so I would have it in retirement but the end 2017 brought that dream to a close. I had a severe head injury and my wife is fearful to pull it due to the size. It is easy to handle you will just have to remember it is back there. I hope others will enjoy it as much as we did and planned to until this event.
- Gary Hopkins, Colorado

2019-03-12 2018 Heartland Road Warrior 427 View Listings

From the day we went to pick our "new" toy hauler up, it was/has been problems. Would not purchase from Camping World again nor would we purchase a Heartland camper. Ours was and has been a lemon - as we say "it was built on a Friday afternoon at 5:00 on a holiday weekend". Enjoy!
- Pam, North Carolina

2019-03-10 2014 Keystone Fuzion 390 View Listings

Great all around RV. Very livable for any kind of trip form camping at the local lake to taking across country. Very spacious and gives that home away from home feeling. The garage gives that extra touch of being able to hold more guest and bring the motor toys along.
- Amy, Kansas

2019-03-08 2017 Keystone Fuzion 345 View Listings

This has been the most enjoyable rvs I’ve ever owned, extremely easy to deal with and a head turner everywhere I have it, a lot of storage space and perfect size for my family. Tows very well for a really big trailer.
- John Graham, Ohio

2019-03-08 2018 Jayco Seismic 4113 View Listings

I have seen many bad reviews about this model. We have had no issues after purchasing new. We are very happy with our purchase. We full-time RV and love the space it provides and a toy hauler was a must for us as we have a motorcycle.
- Christopher, Pennsylvania

2019-02-26 2017 Dutchmen Voltage 3005V View Listings

Loved this toy hauler. Days of big toys are coming to an end and looking to down size. PDI list was short and corrected ASAP. Added several up-grades: Slide toppers, super G range tires, better quality springs, added garage storage, stop/turn lights,surge tank on water system, drag wheels on back. Tows well even in cross winds. Min. 3/4 ton tow recommended. One ton tows great.
- Duck Killer, California

2019-02-18 2019 Heartland Torque 371 View Listings

We purchased a brand new 2019 Heartland Torque 371 in August 2018. After the first rain fall the inside of the RV flooded with rain. We immediately brought the RV back to Camping World in Statesville, and there it has sat for the past 7 months. We have the full extended warranty and Heartland is only replacing half the windows that leak. The window openings are too big for the windows! This unit has been flooded with water, which means the exterior shell will start to bubble, the interior walls will also start to bubble, the floors will buckle and mold will start to grow. Heartland and Camping world has yet to resolve the issue and they have not responded to BBB complaint forms that have been filed! We have offered to exchange for a different brand/make/model. But all the want to do is fix something that can't be fixed!! Very POOR craftsmanship.
- Terry Sides, North Carolina

2019-02-17 2012 Keystone Raptor 300MP Extreme Temperature Package View Listings

We've loved this 5th wheel toy hauler! It's been a great space for our kids as well. Open, easy to use, and full of great qualities. I would recommend it to anyone interested in getting extra space for kids in the back of the toy hauler. Great space on a rainy day if you can't get outside.
- Alexis L Brinkley, North Carolina

2019-02-17 2018 Grand Design Momentum 376TH View Listings

I've have leaks in the living room slides since I purchased it 18 months ago doesn't matter if the slides are in or out. The carpet is always wet now the molding has black mold on it.the wife get sick every time we try to use it.Its been in the shop about 8 times for this problem And when we call we get the run around this is BS for what this unit cost.
- Louis Defrancisco, Oregon

2019-02-16 2017 Jayco Seismic 4212 View Listings

I have pages upon pages of stuff wrong or was wrong.biggest mistake ever.this trailer is junk.it has been in shop multiple times and still having problems.dont buy one it's pure hell.when u call jayco u never get the same person.they want u to pay and b inconveinenced and then they will reimburse u.
- Amber Anderson , Ohio

2019-01-28 2017 Genesis Supreme Genesis 33CK View Listings

Don’t buy a Genesis. It’s hell trying to get anything fixed. The dealer and Genesis argue and blame each other in the meantime we wait months and the problems don’t get fixed. We’ve had a chassis/axle problem since we bought it 2 years ago. Still not fixed. Genesis WONT return our calls. The linoleum isn’t glued down properly and peels up. They WONT fix it. The list of problems is a mile long very cheaply made. Save yourself the frustration and get a different brand. Don’t buy from Richardson’s they are no help either! Time for a lawyer any suggestions?
- Rhonda McCray, California

2019-01-18 2011 Forest River XLR Hyper Lite 305V10 View Listings

Excel RVs by Peterson Industries are built for comfort and fulltime living. They are high quality, superb durability RV's that are built to last decades (not seasons) with attractive styling and comfort. With superior materials and insulation, the Winslow 37SDF is sturdy and comfortable at -10F or 120F. When towing, it can handle strong cross winds. Peterson Industries closed their doors because the industry was seeing an insurgence of mergers - resulting in low quality workmanship and poor quality materials that allowed RV manufacturers to sell pretty, but inferior units at much lower prices. Rather than lower their standards, Peterson closed their doors. Today their employees continue maintaining Excels with the same exacting, high standards. Today Excels that are 20, even 30 years old remain the best built and most comfortable fifth wheels on the road.
- Deane, Arizona

2019-01-16 2014 Heartland Road Warrior 415 View Listings

This RV has been in my family for 11 years. My parents owned it first for 8, and me and my wife for the last two. Keep in mind, there have been a lot of advances in RVs in the last 11 years, so I think the question becomes having owned a Coachmen for 11 years, would I buy one now? I would not. The floor plan and interior features/amenities are four stars. This is a great unit for two people, with a large queen bed in the back, large kitchen in the front, and reasonable sized slide containing the diner-style dinette. It has central style air, 8 cubic inch fridge, pre-wired surround sound and speakers, two flat-screen mounting points, with the entertainment over dinette, and a fold-out sofa on the other side. There's plenty of closet space, and two entrances. This is a mid-level 'ultralight' - it pulls well even with a mid-sized SUV. It has great road manners, if nothing else. The place where this trailer failed is really in its construction. Around the 8th year of ownership, the floor began failing, with the decking sagging over the studs. While the rest of the unit is aluminum framing, the cage is still prone to flex, with the fiberglass cracking at the corner of the slide-out. The slide-out being not-adequately laminated, developed a large bubble in it. Finally, the linoleum cracked in several spots. Overall the decals and the paint wore fairly well over the last 11 years, and beat expectations. Typical Coachmen low points were the plumbing, which needed to be repaired in several places over the life of the trailer, including behind the toilet, and several connections to the grey tank. Another low point were the flimsy plastic wheel wells. I had a blow out which easily ripped through one, puncturing an area that actually was accessible inside the trailer (under the dinette storage). The cabinets and countertops are holding up, but the decking for the bed had to be replaced with plywood. The roof held up, with regular maintenance. On the exterior of the unit, there is decent pass through storage in the front, but no other storage. My biggest gripe is with the lack of central docking, and the sheer distance between black and grey outlets, which was not well thought out. The bang for the buck is not great. There are no exterior speakers, no outside kitchen, no power stabilizers, no power tongue jack, no aluminum steps. There is a regular awning. Generally this trailer was built to be light, and within a certain price point. It did that well, but it certainly wasn't built to last much longer than 10 years, which is why I wouldn't buy another Coachmen. Amenities and features did make sense for the price point, but construction did not line up with expectations. If you are shopping this trailer used, I wouldn't exclude it entirely. If the roof has recently been maintained, there are no bubbles/cracks in the laminated walls, this is a good sign. As well, check plumbing fittings for leaks. Check the underside of the slide which is not laminated for any weathering or water damage. Finally, check the floor for soft or sagging spots. If all of that is good, you're probably okay to buy. I will say that in terms of mechanical systems and appliances (slide, a/c, furnace, stove/oven, fridge, electrical systems, water pump, water heater) we had no failures or no issues requiring anything other than regular seasonal maintenance. The major benefit of this unit is that it can be towed with a mid-sized SUV (like an Explorer) with no issue, and still has a slide, reasonable interior space, most of the amenities of larger/heavier RVs, and sleeps 6.
- Ryan, Alberta