Toy Haulers 5th Wheel Reviews on RV Insider (356)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Toy Haulers 5th Wheel RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Richard J Ernst from Ohio says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2017 Grand Design Momentum 399TH View Listings

Overall we like our 399TH and we accept some of the simple fixes that usually come with a new camper. However, it seems like we have a list that wouldn't exist with proper QC: 1. The trailer arrived with the wrong interior. 2. The media chairs were mounted crooked and would get stuck on the window valance when reclined. 3. No hot water on city connection. We have to pull water from the tanks to heat it. 4. Half of the carpet in the loft wasn't even there. It just raw particle board exposed. I was told this was normal from my dealer! 5. Sliding door to the side porch is not square and the door doesn't close flush. 6. Garage glass door has a gap on one side, clearly not plumb. 7. Garage loft bed is not level. I have to push up on one side of the bed to place the locking pins in. I was told by my dealer there is nothing that can be done about it. I need to stand on a stool or use a pole to push the bed up while putting the pin in. 8. The porch enclosure tears a hole in the mesh when stowed for transport. The dealer said it's a design flaw. 9.Trailer was delivered with missing rubber keyhole covers. I was told they will not be covered under warranty even though it was delivered without them! 10. Batteries wont hold a full charge. 12.5V is the highest they will charge. The dealer is currently looking at that. 11. The door would unlatch even when locked under transport. The closed grab handle is the only thing keeping the door closed. I'm told the door isn't aligned with the latch catch properly. 12.Power converter was advertised as a 75W but a 65W was put in. 13. Kitchen slide does not close flush to the unit. 14. Fuel tank gage is backwards and reads the level in the opposite tank. There are also three options we paid for but wish we didn't and we feel a little deceived: 1. The king bed upgrade is not a true king, it's 6 inches narrower than a actual king. We upgraded so I could use our Tempurpedic mattress for my back only to find out later that I paid for the king size option and it won't fit my actual sized king. I now have to buy a queen Tempurpedic to replace the stock mattress but the queen mattress is too small to fill the fake king size platform. Basically I paid for an option I can't use and on top of that I need to spend even more money because of it. Stick with the queen unless you plan on keeping the horrible stock mattress! 2. The so called removable carpet kit for the garage area is a joke! It is literally a roll of felt that isn't even cut to fit the garage(see pic)! We had the understanding it was carpet that matched the carpet in the rest of the trailer. We at least got a small piece of carpet for the door step.The option should be title "unmeasured/uncut removable felt" because it is definitely not carpet! Buy a remnant instead from Lowes or Home Depot, it will be actual carpet and it will be cheaper too! 3. The optional stairs for the ramps have been useless for us. We have yet to find an area that once you get leveled the stairs will reach the ground, even with the legs fully extended(see pic). I have to use wood blocks to place under the legs even on a hard level surface. The only time they work properly is on a flat level surface without the leveling jacks extended(like at an RV show)! The side porch stair mounts were not measured properly and the stairs will not mount evenly because of them. I'm waiting for my dealer to see what they can do with that. I would love to have my money back for these useless options. The camper is nice overall but there seems to be some deceiving with some options, intentional or not....research the options closely or you may not be getting what you think. This is our first camper and our lessons learned were expensive.
- Richard J Ernst, Ohio

2020-10-13 2019 Heartland Fuel 335 View Listings

This toy hauler has a lot of pros and cons... Pros: 1) Kitchen is very functional with plenty of counter space. Dinette table being foldable, can easily be brought in from the garage for additional prep space. 2) Bathroom: very roomy,plenty of storage. Skylight in the bathroom helps for additional head space. 3) Garage: Spacious, plenty of room for toys and coverts to a fantastic living/indoor play area for the kids. 4) Ramp that converts to a deck is WONDERFUL. The kids LOVE it and we spend mornings and nights out on it. 5) Husband says it pulls great, and weight is distributed in a way that makes even pulling up the mountain easy on his truck Cons: 1) Kitchen: Pantry is narrow, over the sink counters and the top shelves I cant reach and Im 5'6". I either use a step stool or call for reinforcements from husband. 2) Bathroom: The tub is poorly installed and the plastic was separating from the wall within 3 months. Tub also doesn't drain well. No matter how we level the camper, it tends to pool and pocket next to the bench. 3) Overall construction is poor. In addition to the bathroom, the molding around both the doors were loose, the air vents in the garage fell out from the travel from the lot to the house, and others have fallen since. Molding around the bedroom door was warped and had to fixed as well. Plumbing under sink leaked our 2nd trip out, 1 month after purchase. 4) Our 1st trip out, the leveling system was not working properly and wouldn't level. We had to call camping world to come out. They reset it, and showed us how to bypass it, but cont to give us an error of twisted frame. Again took to local CW at home and they factory reset the leveling system... and our next trip out, the front jack pin broke and the camper slammed down. 5) The converter went out just shy of having the camper a year. 6) Garage: again, overhead storage cabinets are too tall for functional use, making them useless for everyday use and the bottoms are thin, cheap material and im nervous to put anything heavier than a few towels back there because it bows. (but bc the garage is so spacious, we bought 2 wardrobes to put back there in the corners for the their closet space. 7) Limited "basement" space outside. you have one pass through at the front, which fills up super fast. 8) They double queen beds and the twin bunk are VERY odd sizes. They are extra long. I looked everywhere online to find sheets for these beds. Even special ordering them, however no one made sheets long enough. I ended up buying flat sheets and sewing elastic around the edges to make my own since I couldn't even special order them. We LOVE this layout. It works fantastic for our family and even fantastic when extended family or friends stay with us. Campers are usually cheaply made, and this camper is no exception. The little things aren't really an issue for us to fix, However, bc of the warranty we had to send to CW to fix the converter, replace the microwave, fix the leveling system and the front pin. Those have really put a damper on things. To buy a brand new camper and have this many issues in a short amount of time, that's not ok. As much as we love the inside of this toy hauler, we would not buy this cone again if we had a do over and would actually trade it in if that was an option.
- Candace, North Carolina

2020-10-10 2018 Highland Ridge RV Highlander HF350 View Listings

Had our new toy hauler for 18 months. Decals all faded and some peeling off. Bottom side molding all pulled away from coach needed repair. Molding fell off inside repaired myself. Hydraulic levelers would not work on first trip had to manually retract one with ratchet. Read online what issue could be repaired myself. Doors would not close and had to reattach door jams. Everything was built by incompetent workers. I have done most repairs as hauling coach 25 miles for repairs then driving home then back is not feasible. My first 36 ft. 5th wheel was 18 years old. I have had more issues with this coach in 18 months than the other in 18 years. Was told the decals on the front which were silver are now faded to almost black were out of warranty after a year. Find something else to buy. Highland ridge not so good.
- James Towne, California

2020-10-08 2020 Dutchmen Voltage Triton 3531 View Listings

We bought the voltage feb. 2020 and before we left the lot, noticed things that needed repair; scratch on window, crack in toilet bowl, dried glue in sink, wall seam separating. We were told it all would be warrantied. Then we saw loose trim, loose cabinet, faulty drawer, leaking lower compartment. Took it back for the warranty work , on the way the fireplace fell out, then were told the company denied our window repair so our dealer told us it would be best if we contacted the company directly; they replaced the window. 4 months later, went to pick it up and husband noticed it had been hit and damaged while it was in the shop and no one noticed! So he left it there so they could repair the damage. Good thing we cancelled our vacation in June because it wasn’t ready anyway. September husband took it out for a weekend. When we were packing to go and opened the slide, the whole length of carpet beside bed was wet. Exterior paint smeared, black stop coming loose, and black panel buckling. While he was gone, he noticed more problems. AC wouldn’t shut off, drawer wouldn’t stay shut,loose trim, broken wood around fireplace, same seam not smooth, same compartment leaking,etc. We have had trouble with middle jacks-we had to call 3rd party for help as dealer wasn’t able to help us- problem with hitch- clunking. Voltage back to the shop again end of September and today is oct. 8. Supposed to have a rep from keystone go check it out. We have not been able to really use it . Very poor quality, workmanship. Very unhappy , dissatisfied. My husband did like the shower and the bed, and microwave. Like the floor plan and happy to have big fridge , cabinet in bathroom and 2nd toilet.We had a very difficult time with the 3 steps, the first step comes to my knee , it really should have a 4th. I wish the top bed above couch could come down lower than it does. Kitchen cabinet corners stick out too much. This brand new unit should mot have this many issues Right now I just have bad feelings and don’t know if I will ever enjoy it. Unfortunately, Not worth the money; poor quality. Probably would not recommend the store or this particular model.
- Leslee nace, South Carolina

2020-09-29 2012 Heartland Cyclone 3010 View Listings

Excellent RV from hitch to loading ramp. Have travelled frequently with 3 kids across 15 states and it never disappointed. Extremely good value for the money. I'll be buying Heartland again if I ever get rid of this one.
- Lee Lorenzen, California

2020-09-25 2018 Heartland Road Warrior 396 View Listings

It’s a home away from home. We love it! It is big so we have struggled to find sites to accommodate our rig in areas we frequent but have had good luck as we branch out our travels. I would live in it, hate having to sell it.
- Ashleigh Lambert, South Carolina

2020-09-23 2020 Eclipse Attitude F3322SAG View Listings

2020 attitude that has a NORCOLD 18cu ft fridge in a slideout that will NOT cool properly on propane. Been to dealer 4 times and finally to ECLIPSE where it sat for almost 3 months. Still does not work and eclipse has no solution. They know these are lemons but wont replace them. DO NO BUY and attitude with a double door fridge in a slideout.
- john, California

2020-09-17 2018 Palomino Columbus 38FK View Listings

Absolutely the worst quality of craftsmanship. Floor does not have enough nails or screws, the floor is soft and lifting everywhere, the electrical has had so many shorts taking out a few plugs at a time. Window covering frames are in square, some are up to an inch off. Surround sound that came with unit is junk. The convection/ microwave lasted 2 months, probably because of electrical. Water leaks under sink and bathroom, their has been so many things wrong it sucks how bad this 5th wheel is. Warranty is worthless. Buy a different camping trailer , forest river is pure junk.
- Victor, New Mexico

2020-09-08 2018 Highland Ridge RV Open Range 337RLS View Listings

Warranty isnt good ours is just falling apart every where not worth buying cheaply made and over priced our ac units went out after only having it a month our slide is falling apart whenever we had warranty work done they kept it for weeks dont buy one there junk
- Charles , Oklahoma

2020-09-07 2017 Heartland Big Country 3965DSS View Listings

Slide out with the side in it has been repaired TWICE. Right side jack sinks, re level weekly. Fireplace burned up. Selector valve let’s water into fresh water tank when on city water. Drain weekly. Rubber flap does not deploy on one slide, whenever slide is opened have to get on roof and flip it out by hand. Wrinkles in bedroom carpet. Bedroom outlet pulled out of wall. Ceiling molding fell on floor. One piece. Chipboard under mattress is too thin, sags. fridge will only freeze ice in trays when set on 9. Heartland says out of warranty. I am the second owner and bought this from my neighbor. He bought it new and lived in it for 6 months. It sat for a year then I bought it. Neighbor has moved away.
- Peter Keyte, Florida

2020-09-07 2015 Grand Design Momentum M-Class 328M View Listings

Have owned the unit since new and been extremely impressed with the build quality that Grand Design put into the toy hauler along with how livable the space is and how easy it is to tow. Would definitely recommend for this to anyone looking for a high quality towable (toy hauler or not).
- Chad Brumit, Texas

2020-09-02 2016 Forest River XLR Thunderbolt 420AMP View Listings

Worked for THUNDERBOLTS WRRANTY DEPARTMENT fOR YEAR'S THE FLOOR DEPARTMENT HAD BEEN USING A PLAZMA CUTTER TO CUT THE FRAMES TO PLACE PLUMBING AND ELECTRIC WERE NEEDED, well IF SOMETHING WAS IN THE WAY IT WAS CUT OUT..THIS LEFT Frames WEEK THEY STARTED CRACKING ..WELL THIS WAS STOPED IN 2016 BUTT THERE ARE LIKE THOUSANDS OF COMPRMIZED FRAMES OUT THERE. Thunderbolt Nitro and Hyper Lite
- Donnie Burgess, Indiana

2020-09-01 2015 Keystone Fuzion 371 View Listings

A very attractive Rv,plenty of space. We bought this brand new. Have had numerous problems with it. We keep finding screws but cannot find where they belong (still in 2020). Our first encounter was with the keys for the outside door, we have been given the wrong Set. The paint job and stickers have not held up very well. The bedroom wall next to the window developed what feels like nails coming out, little dimples. Dealership Nor Keystone has no idea what it is nor will They fix it. We had a leak in the half bath and did not know until water was seeping underneath the wall into the living room. It damage the trim at the bottom. The living room slide out cables continues to get loose. The gray water Cable pull out continues to bind, afraid it will break. Had to have a new circuit board In the refrigerator in the first two years. The back AC broke, Circuit board had to be replaced. LED System on the leveling system Went out. The black tank cable went out, would not open had to have replaced. Our latest problem which is been going on for the last year Or longer, has been water leak in the living room slide out around the outside speaker holes(or so we think). This has caused both side walls to buckle, The carpet to get wet and develop mold and mildew and probably the floor underneath the carpet to ruin(won’t know this until we pull the carpet up). Call Keystone not their problem. I was told to make sure I kept up on regular maintenance, which we have. They take no responsibility for the poor design of the outside speakers. Are we the only ones with the leak problem?!
- Phillip , Florida

2020-08-24 2017 Jayco Seismic 4113 View Listings

I bought my 2017 Jayco 4113 new and enjoyed living in it full time. I haul it with a Ford F-350 truck and sometimes forget I'm hauling a 42 foot 5th Wheel behind me. The kitchen is the largest of any 5th Wheels I have seen. With 3 air conditioners, the trailer cools quickly in hot summers. Unit has 2 decks with remote control awnings. Trailer is easy to set up and break down. Electric leveling system is a breeze to use in leveling the trailer.
- Cathy Lahue, South Carolina

2020-08-22 2012 Heartland Cyclone 300C View Listings

Easy towing, plenty of storage in and out. Like living in a small one bedroom apartment. Large, roomy, bedroom with big double closet. Comfortable, large, bathroom with porcelain, high boy toilet and a big shower. Wide open kitchen/living area. The TV placement makes it easy to watch, unlike other RV's. Only negative is can't run air conditioner and microwave at the same time when it is over 100 degrees unless connected to 50 amp service. It took us 35 years to get it right, but we have to sell it for health reasons.
- Doug Joynt, Utah

2020-08-22 2020 Eclipse Attitude Wide Lite 3322SAG View Listings

have a new 2020 3322sag trailer, has been in shop more than on the road. the fridge has NEVER worked and the unit is now at eclipse and has been for 2 months they have no solution to the problem. the fridge is in the slide out and it cant get rid of the external hea to allow it to cool. it is piece of junk. i would NOT buy one of these and im fighting with them now for resolution
- john, California

2020-08-21 2016 Grand Design Momentum M-Class 328M View Listings

I bought this thinking it was a good toy hauler.Four years later I am putting over $3000 in upgrades to worn out and broken springs, three blown tires. Now I find out I can’t even put heavier tires on these rims. Warranty and corporate office response was it meets specs, but yet they no longer put lippert axles on them. They claim gross weight on this is 16500. The spring shop that’s been in business for years said it had 3400lb springs. The camper is maxed out at all the time with my Harley in the back and a half tank of water. And you should know if you are putting a golf cart in there you can add another 300 lb in weight. There answer was always it meets specs. Very dissatisfied with the suspension, if your looking for a toy hauler think twice about this one or any other that doesn’t at least have G rated tires. I also do all my mechanic work so that has saved me a tun of money remember Rv shops have around a $180 an hour shop rate.
- Keith Richenberg, North Carolina

2020-08-19 2017 Keystone Raptor 425TS View Listings

There is nothing this RV needs to be ready to go, with a qualified truck to pull it. Unit is 18k lbs and needs a real truck to pull. 1 ton dually would be best with a good quality 5th wheel hitch. Ready for extended dry camping with 120 gal of water and 4 40 gallon waste tanks. Onan 5500 gasoline generator is well maintained and has extended run capabilities with 30 gallon fuel tank, and there is an auxiliary gas tank with pump and fill hose that can ad another 30 gallon of run time. Mattresses are new inner spring queen in the suite and the bunk bed. 14 ply Sailun tires have less than 5000 miles. This unit has been out from under the storage carport less than 10 times since new. Always kept out of the sun . Roof is perfect. Has $6000 optional full body paint and there are no decals to fade. Slide out drawer in storage compartment. Garage measures 142 in from door to wall with the half bath in the corner. Has drop down patio with stairs and play pen that folds out to keep in animals. Sliding patio doors with screens. 3 15000 btu air conditioners. Lipert auto leveling system. In command control system for all slides, awnings lighting and utility functions . Control from any smart phone via bluetooth. We are selling because we are expanding the number of side by sides we are running and can't get them all in the enclosed toyhauler garage. Price is way below NADA price. Title in hand and ready to go.
- Jeff Harding, Illinois

2020-08-18 2016 Grand Design Momentum M-Class 328M View Listings

We have been full-time for many years, the last 4+ have been with the Grand Design Momentum 328m Toyhauler. Our criteria when shopping is that kitchen, bath and bedroom can be accessed without having to extend slides but we want to take the Goldwing and now we have a side by side perfect for the garage. This Toyhauler and the manufacturer Grand Design has been excellent. Sure, there were a few bugs to work out (all of them have them) but being mechanically inclined and technical to talk with the Manufacturer to get through it, we've been extremely happy and Grand Design is the best at empowering the customer when things do come up. It's been a pleasure to enjoy our Grand Design for over 4 years since we bought it new. Roll on and Happy adventures.
- Brenda Jordan, South Dakota

2020-08-10 2019 Grand Design Momentum M-Class 395M View Listings

We purchased this new from the dealer and we were told that it had been fully checked out and it was ready to go. That night stopped at the Sultan sea for the night and found that the ac in the bedroom didn't work.made it home the next day and hooked up everything. The refrigerator did not work also and water ran across the kitchen floor from under the bathroom wall, the propane water heater did not work either. I took it to the local dealer in Yuma for repairs after five weeks they called and said that it was ready and everything works. Took it home and hooked it up only to find that nothing was repaired and now the membrane by the bedroom ac was torn open. Called the dealer and was told that everything worked fine and that didn't damage the roof. Called grand design and they wanted me to take it back to the factory for repairs. Ended up fixing it myself. The refrigerator had a fan switch that wasn't connected to anything hooked that up now works. The propane water heater the 12 volt power supply wire had no connector on it repaired that now that works. Repaired the roof by the ac unit and found that the thermal coupler in the bedroom was never installed repaired that now it works. The water leak was from several loose connections around the shower fixed that and no more leaks. Grand Design has a 255 point check list they obviously don't do it. An 80k dollar pile of ready made grief.
- Dale Dykeman, Arizona

2020-08-10 2017 Heartland Big Country 3965DSS View Listings

Poor fit and finish. Cabinet doors not lined up. Ceiling molding fell off. Now big slide out needs to be repaired. $1700 to be fixed. We bought it from a friend who told us that he had to have it fixed once already. It’s the slide within the slide.
- Peter Keyte, Florida

2020-08-05 2019 Grand Design Momentum M-Class 395M View Listings

Like many others we purchased our Grand Design based off the floor plan, nice looking interior, supposedly good warranty, and that it is touted as being a great RV for full timing. We had done our research and visited several dealers before making our decision. We saw many negative reviews for Grand Design, but to be honest every RV manufacture had the same including Keystone which we had owned previously with no problems. We don't take lightly leaving negative reviews for any business, but especially a smaller American family run business, however I really also hate to see any other families in our situation. *For those wanting the short version. On the first night out with our brand new 2019 Grand Design 395M that was purchased for full-time living we discovered the refrigerator, generator, shower, and back awning were all faulty and not functioning. It has been eight weeks and two dealers later and our RV still has not had one repair done. Grand Design really talks up their warranty and customer service departments but absolutely no action, it's clear their beautiful trailers are cosmetic only and they use crap parts to build, and the three authorized dealers we have dealt with so far (the one we purchased it from and the two we've had it at for repairs) are just as bad for customer service. This has been a nightmare purchase and at this point we are out $80,00 for something unusable and falling apart from literally day one and we will have to peruse a legal battle to recoup any money back.* We are a military family who decided we wanted to full time for our last assignment. We are tired of throwing our money away on rent and it's the only way we could afford to purchase an RV to use for our retirement in a couple years (we had sold our previous Keystone to move overseas). My husband had looked at many Grand Designs on trips back to the States and we were excited with the 395M floor plan. We found a dealer near Atlanta Georgia selling a new 2019 model with reduced price so they could make room for the 2020 models and thought we had found our home. There was a delay in us being able to pick it up because of Covid and we had to wait two months, but was assured it was ready for us to live in as we had made it very clear to the dealer that this would be our full time residence and that my husband only had one week to settle us in before leaving for five months of training. We drove the RV to our new base in Mississippi and that first night out the fridge wouldn't cool. We had no time to drive clear back to Georgia and hoped that it would be an easy fix so decided to take it to a Grand Design dealer near the area. The next morning before we could even get the trailer to the dealer the shower flooded and the generator wouldn't work either. That dealer had our RV for five weeks supposedly trying to make repairs but then told us they wouldn't work on it anymore since they weren't the selling dealer and we were getting frustrated with the lack of/and slow response from Grand Design warranty department. By this point my husband had left for training and my daughters and I had been homeless paying for hotels out of pocket and bumming on our college sons bedroom floor. When it became apparent that nothing would be solved I contacted a lawyer only to be told to file a Lemon Law Suit the manufacture has 60 days and two failed attempts to make repairs so we had my husband leave his training and fly out to move our trailer to another dealer in hopes of the repairs being done, they have had it three weeks and it's still not fixed. We have been eight weeks without the $80,000 RV we purchased to be our home! Also, during this time our son who is at college in Alabama had an accident while mountain biking and broke his back in six places, cracked several ribs, and collapsed a lung. After six days in the hospital he was released to our care, but I had no home to bring him too. We had to continue staying on the floor of his condo caring for him for three weeks which was really awkward since he has roommates! Now that he can move around more on his own my daughters and I are living in a nasty Motel 6 so we can still be close to help drive him to all his doctor appointments and therapies. I own a brand new $80,000 trailer that I should be able to move wherever I need and live in, except it's falling apart and has been in repair shops since the first night out! I also need to register my daughters for school that starts next week in Mississippi, but can't because I don't have a place to live. All our money is tied up in this new trailer and the new truck we purchased to tow it because we were going to full time so I don't have the money to even rent an apartment. What was supposed to be a smart financial decision has been an expensive nightmare. What was supposed to be a fun family experience has left us all anxious and stressed. All I can say is beware of Grand Design trailers.
- Meredith Kemp, Alabama

2020-07-27 2021 Forest River Cherokee Wolf Pack 325PACK13 View Listings

Can't give it a better rating, because I wouldn't know. We bought our 2021 camper on May 22nd, picked it up on June 6th, took it camping on June 10th and the refrigerator stopped working on June 11th. Brought the brand new camper back to the dealer on June 19th and they say the warrantee claim was finally approved by forest river by July 17t and now I still sit - 39 days later - without my brand new camper, with no idea when Forest River will get the new refrigerator to RV Outlet. The entire summer will be gone before I know it. Is anyone going to extend the warrantee on this thing or give me back my summer or even let me know what to expect???? RV Outlet blames Forest River... Who you going to blame Forest River?
- Kim Adams, Virginia

2020-07-25 2017 Jayco Seismic 4112 View Listings

Great open layout. Tows amazingly! Great family unit. You will not be disappointed by the quality of this unit. Generator is so handy when you stop at unserviced sites. Solar prep is handy for keeping the batteries topped up during the day when you can’t run the generator.
- Marco Patrignani, British Columbia

2020-07-25 2013 Keystone Raptor Velocity 310TS View Listings

We enjoyed the raptor many fun times. The back makes into a nice party room for many people. We are getting older and decided to go with a motor home for traveling purposes. We kept inside in winter months and clean inside and out regularly.
- Jane Etheridge , Wisconsin