Toy Haulers 5th Wheel

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Toy Haulers 5th Wheel RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Richard J Ernst from Ohio says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2017 Grand Design Momentum 399TH View Listings

Overall we like our 399TH and we accept some of the simple fixes that usually come with a new camper. However, it seems like we have a list that wouldn't exist with proper QC: 1. The trailer arrived with the wrong interior. 2. The media chairs were mounted crooked and would get stuck on the window valance when reclined. 3. No hot water on city connection. We have to pull water from the tanks to heat it. 4. Half of the carpet in the loft wasn't even there. It just raw particle board exposed. I was told this was normal from my dealer! 5. Sliding door to the side porch is not square and the door doesn't close flush. 6. Garage glass door has a gap on one side, clearly not plumb. 7. Garage loft bed is not level. I have to push up on one side of the bed to place the locking pins in. I was told by my dealer there is nothing that can be done about it. I need to stand on a stool or use a pole to push the bed up while putting the pin in. 8. The porch enclosure tears a hole in the mesh when stowed for transport. The dealer said it's a design flaw. 9.Trailer was delivered with missing rubber keyhole covers. I was told they will not be covered under warranty even though it was delivered without them! 10. Batteries wont hold a full charge. 12.5V is the highest they will charge. The dealer is currently looking at that. 11. The door would unlatch even when locked under transport. The closed grab handle is the only thing keeping the door closed. I'm told the door isn't aligned with the latch catch properly. 12.Power converter was advertised as a 75W but a 65W was put in. 13. Kitchen slide does not close flush to the unit. 14. Fuel tank gage is backwards and reads the level in the opposite tank. There are also three options we paid for but wish we didn't and we feel a little deceived: 1. The king bed upgrade is not a true king, it's 6 inches narrower than a actual king. We upgraded so I could use our Tempurpedic mattress for my back only to find out later that I paid for the king size option and it won't fit my actual sized king. I now have to buy a queen Tempurpedic to replace the stock mattress but the queen mattress is too small to fill the fake king size platform. Basically I paid for an option I can't use and on top of that I need to spend even more money because of it. Stick with the queen unless you plan on keeping the horrible stock mattress! 2. The so called removable carpet kit for the garage area is a joke! It is literally a roll of felt that isn't even cut to fit the garage(see pic)! We had the understanding it was carpet that matched the carpet in the rest of the trailer. We at least got a small piece of carpet for the door step.The option should be title "unmeasured/uncut removable felt" because it is definitely not carpet! Buy a remnant instead from Lowes or Home Depot, it will be actual carpet and it will be cheaper too! 3. The optional stairs for the ramps have been useless for us. We have yet to find an area that once you get leveled the stairs will reach the ground, even with the legs fully extended(see pic). I have to use wood blocks to place under the legs even on a hard level surface. The only time they work properly is on a flat level surface without the leveling jacks extended(like at an RV show)! The side porch stair mounts were not measured properly and the stairs will not mount evenly because of them. I'm waiting for my dealer to see what they can do with that. I would love to have my money back for these useless options. The camper is nice overall but there seems to be some deceiving with some options, intentional or not....research the options closely or you may not be getting what you think. This is our first camper and our lessons learned were expensive.
- Richard J Ernst, Ohio

2021-06-11 2017 Prime Time Spartan 300 3210 View Listings

This is an update to my Jan 2018 review. We still have the rig and overall I'm pretty well satisfied with it. All major components are working well (Generator, Frig, Heater, Air Conditioners, Electrical, leveling jacks etc) I've put over 17000 mile on it since we bought it in 2017. Tires are still holding up quite well. Over the last 4 years. We have actually lived in it for a total of about 1 year (365 days) We snow birded it each year for about 3 months. I found out the leak we had in the shower floor was due to weight. When we bought the rig I weighed about 270. I lost alot of weight a last year (200 now) and the floor doesn't leak any more. At one point I had a major problem with the bedroom air conditioner starting and stopping then just blowing outside air (no compressor) I had a guy come out to look at it and he couldn't find out what was causing it (2019) I gave up on fixing it and took it home from Phoenix. When we got ready for our 2020 trip (Jan 2020) it was working fine and has been ever since. I mark it up to road vibration must have broke it then fixed it. No major problems to speak of except the wheel wells still flap going down the road. Very week struts holding them in (they broke at the welds against the side). Need to fix probably just take drilling hole and placing screw. I still feel this thing tows exceptionally well. I even fell in a ditch at one point, rig was at a 35 degree angle fully loaded. Trucks two driver side wheels were about 6 in off the pavement. Had tow truck right us and not a problem with suspension or tow tongue or tires. Probably had about 12,000 lbs in trailer. My tow vehicle is a 2017 Ram 3500 (not dually) with 6.4 hemi gas. Overall I like the rig for what I paid for it. Would like a little more room but that would cost more. I give the rig a 3.8 out of 5.
- Dajavou, Colorado

2021-06-11 2019 Forest River Cherokee Wolf Pack 325PACK13 View Listings

I love the way this camper pulls, but that’s about it. The quality is not up to par at $35k. The bed broke at the dealer during the walk through, the water lines got pinched under the floor causing no water to kitchen sink, the refrigerator stopped working about two months of owning, both a/c stopped getting cold on the second camping season, all 4 slide out seals have been replaced in the second season, and now the third season and the floor had a big hole in it at the entry door, probley due to the seals tearing up. Other than that it tows great and has made many trips to the dealer for repairs.
- James holcomb, West Virginia

2021-06-09 2021 Keystone Raptor 423 View Listings

Last keystone product I will ever own. When I showed up to pick up the unit three cabinet doors are missing from the outside kitchen and keystone refuses to fix the problem. 90,000 dollar rv and the cheap bastards can't fix 3 cabinets. Oh and my bedroom door won't close also. Poorly assembled and even worse customer service. F- for keystone and they've lost a customer.
- Matt Bailey, Arizona

2021-06-09 2019 Keystone Impact 3219 View Listings

Bought it brand new and was very excited to use it. We had the typical new RV problems which were easy to fix without taking it back to the dealer. The information on how to use some of the trailers equipment could have been better but, we figured it out after a few trips. The garage space was more than spacious,affording plenty of room for my side by side. Upholstery needs upgrading as the manufacturer used inferior materials. We'd only used it twice and the foam was completely compressed. I had to have a local upholsterer re-stuff all the seat pads with a more durable material. Other than that, it's an excellent RV.
- Steven Bauer, Arizona

2021-06-09 2014 Keystone Fuzion 342 View Listings

My wife and I have seen many great places in our toy hauler. Unit is in excellent shape is the number 1 comment we hear. Since we live in Colorado we are lucky enough to live close to many local camping opportunities. When camping local we take our Polaris along for added adventure possibilities. If you are looking for a toy hauler this one has been very taken care of!
- Rick, Colorado

2021-06-09 2014 Keystone Fuzion 342 View Listings

Excellent, great experience’s with RV. Simply put we have taken great care with our toy hauler and have seen lots of great places. With so much local camping available just minutes from where we live in Colorado we would bring our Polaris along and really get out into the forest for extra exploring. If you are looking for a toy hauler that is in excellent shape don’t look any further!
- Rick, Colorado

2021-05-30 2020 Heartland Cyclone 4005 View Listings

This is worse trailer I’ve ever owned all axles have been replaced rear axle has broken both spring hangers would never recommend to buy bunk beds go up want come down this happened twice I traded my jayco for this bad mistake
- Cecil Derrick, Texas

2021-05-22 2007 Skyline Freestyle Rampage View Listings

This RV is efficient, comfortable, clean and beautiful. It has traveled across the country from California to New York and back. We never had a single issue with it traveling. We loved the experience! We learned so much.
- Jennifer Miller, California

2021-05-18 2017 Heartland Cyclone HD Edition 4005 View Listings

Pulls excellent, lots of open room, good privacy for kids in back and plenty of space in garage, each set up, excellent lighting, comfortable recliners, garage door turns into usable deck, 3 thermostats for comfort zones
- Ray, Virginia

2021-05-16 2007 Skyline Freestyle Rampage View Listings

Open concept. Simple. Clean. Easy to travel with. Love that there are no pop outs. Pop outs are the first things to break on the road. Love that it’s a toy hauler and can open up easily. The cut off at most campgrounds are 35ft. This is 34ft so can fit in any park.
- Jennifer Miller, California

2021-05-15 2018 Keystone Fuzion 371 View Listings

Overall a good RV that we have used for long term trips. We enjoy ours and look forward to many more years. Would be glad to answer any questions about the trailer, we are enjoying our time in ours. Come and join us....
- Jonathan Sarno, Illinois

2021-05-14 2018 KZ Sportsmen Sportster 363TH12 View Listings

This RV is junk, delamination on table, bugs in sink and RTV sealant all around sink. Not worth looking at. Dealership didn’t even try to clean it up. Also planets missing on out side of refrigerator access.
- Hal, Florida

2021-05-06 2022 The RV Factory Luxe 48FB View Listings

The rvf factory luxe brand is exactly that, luxury. The units are built like homes and only quality products are used. The two best parts of the whole experience are. 1: the totally customizable layout. If you can dream it, the rvf will try to make your dream a reality. They will sit down with there engineers and discuss your ideas to see how they can implement them. 2: the people at rvf are beyond amazing and have never once told us no without trying first. There attention to detail and what the customer is trying to achieve is there priority. They also don't want you to walk away disappointed in anything as they will give you ample time to go through your unit to see if there is anything that doesn't meet your satisfaction so they can fix it before you leave. Great product, great people, great customer service, and an unheard of 5yr backed warranty to boot.
- Rich Haddad, South Dakota

2021-05-01 2018 Keystone Avalanche 385BG View Listings

Great floor plan with very comfortable living area. Relax in front of the fireplace on chilly nights or kick back and watch TV if you are down with the outdoors for the day. Large refrigerator and large pantry reduces the number of trips to the grocery store. Rear bedroom/toy room used more as an office and music room. Deck is great for relaxing without having to worry about steps down to the ground or the dog getting loose. Plenty of storage inside and underneath.
- Allen jones, Florida

2021-04-17 2019 Grand Design Momentum M-Class 397 View Listings

Great Rig well taken care of with all the added features you would want in a Toyhauler or to live in full-time. Plenty of storage with heated tanks and basement. Large panoramic windows in main living area gives it a open large feeling. Nice island with double sink and plenty of storage. Side awnings all have sunshades. Deck has exterior stairs and large garage has it’s own full bath also has 3 season doors.
- Jo McNamee, Illinois

2021-04-09 2021 Forest River Shcokwave T31KSGDX View Listings

I SPECIAL ORDERED A 2021 SHOCKWAVE TOY HAULER. I HAD SOME MINOR ISSUES. THE SERVICE DEPARTMENT AND COMMUNICATION WITH THE MANUFACTURER WAS FANTASTIC. ALL THE ITEMS WERE CORRECTED. I HAVE OWNED EIGHT RVs THUS FAR. THE QUALITY, QUIETNESS AND AMMENITIES ARE TOP NOTCH. HANDS DOWN I WOULD RECOMMEND AND BUY A FOREST RIVER PRODUCT AGAIN. GREAT JOB GUYS.
- SKIP PREPCHUK, Arizona

2021-04-08 2014 Keystone Fuzion 375 View Listings

Dear wife and I purchased this unit used from dlr to replace our '05 '38 K-Z New Vision Sportster with plans to full time in it. This is our 5th camper trailer and 3rd 5th wheel and 1st with triple axles, We lost alot of maneuverability with the addition of a 3rd axle with little increase in weight carrying capacity 16k# vs 18k#. I had the dlr add a Reese 4/20k# Goose Box and Morryde LRE4000 suspension w xbraces and HD wetbolt kit which has significantly reduced the shock and vibration that these crackerboxes are exposed to going down the deteriorating American HWY system. We have not been able to full time in it yet but have had many multi state trips with it. Overall build quality is about norm for price range. The cabinets and hardware are superior to our old KZ but the KS use of osb floor and roof decking is a real problem when water intrusion is encountered FWIW my KZ had exterior grade plywood which is more tolerant to moisture. The 375 has electrical pnl in the garage with batteries in the forward compartment with only 1#6 conductor for power feed which results in considerable dc voltage drop (3v) and reduces the 90amp output from the converter to 28amps availabe to charge batteries I added 400w solar which delivers 25a charging to batteries to reduce run time for the generator planning to install inverter/charger to eliminate effects of this significant design flaw. The TPO roof membrane is paper thin and has been snagged and torn from low branches which required immediate repair and roof is needing replacement at 7yrs I plan to diy with 40mil EPDM Other repairs have been routine other than adding rollers to the street side slide which started dragging on the vinyl floor (from collapsed wear bar) which should have been factory installed with the weight of kitchen appliances. Unit has had leaks both internal and externally in LCI Level Up system and currently needs piston seal replacement of both forward landing gear struts luckily I have local hydraulic shop to perform FWIW I always wipe down the shafts of rams before operating and apply silicone aresol to prevent corrosion when stored for extended periods, Unit came with 6 GY 614 "G" rated tires which are an upgrade from "E" rated originals I plan to replace with GY Endurance "E" rated when these time out as they look like new with plenty of tread left. Over all I am satisfied with the KS Fuzion 375 but I didn't pay near what it sold for new and hope to get many more years of enjoyment from it as I wouldn't/couldn't afford to pay for a new unit and go thru all the sorting out and rapid depreciation that involves not to mention frustration of dealing with warranty claims. YMMV Happy Camping.
- Bill Dennis, California

2021-04-03 2021 Highland Ridge RV Highlander 387H View Listings

Love this trailer...just too big for us. Great floor plan and ample seating with built ins on island. This trailer is very well made with quality materials and tows like a dream even with a 3/4 ton.
- Anthony, California

2021-03-31 2020 Grand Design Momentum G Class 350G View Listings

I LOVE THIS TOYHAULER. PLENTLY OF ROOM FOR TOYS OR WHATEVER YOU WANT IN THE GARAGE. THE PATIO IS GREAT. ROOM FOR A GRILL LAWN CHAIRS. ITS ADDED SPACE FOR ENTERTAINMENT. THE WHOLE TRAILER IS QUITE COMFORTABLE.
- Roxane, California

2021-03-25 2017 Keystone Fuzion 420 Chrome View Listings

The floor plan allows people to spread out with the front "master bedroom" with a King size bed, TV (#1), spacious closet and lots of storage areas. The mid kitchen is fully setup with a residential size fridge, 3 burner stove, small oven, residential microwave, double sink and spacious counter space. Also in the mid-section is the 4 seat individually reclining couch with heated seats. A large TV (#2) with an articulating arm for optimal viewing, a DVD player, sound system, fireplace, more storage cabinets and a loft for the kids or more storage above. Directly off the mid-section is a sliding glass door for access to the large side patio with railings and a set of steps, and a TV (#3) that sits underneath one of the 2 large side awnings. The rear section of the RV is the "garage" of the toyhauler with a rear ramp door that doubles as another patio with railings and a set of steps as well. Tie downs in the floor to secure any loads that you may carry and when the toys are removed the rear converts into additional living space. There are queen size bunk beds that raise up to ceiling when not needed, the bottom bed jackknifes into seating on both sides, set up the table in the middle for dining, watching the other large pull down TV (#4) or playing cards or board games with the kids. The "garage" has its own entrance into the RV and a half bath, both are awesome for friends/guests to use. The toyhauler has (2) 30 gallon fuel (gasoline) tanks, 1 for the 5500 watt generator and the other to fuel up the toys or transfer into generator tank. For the heat and hot water there are (2) 30 lb. propane tanks or the hot water can be heated by electricity. The RV has 3 a/c units on the roof and 50 amp electric service cable with adapters for 30 or 20 amps, you just won't be able to run all the a/c units on fewer amps. Also featuring the "Blizzard" package, with radiant foil technology, covered underneath, heated holding tanks for cold weather camping. Among the many features are: LED lighting, wooden blinds, night shades, glass stove cover, washer dryer prep, frameless tinted glass windows and so many more.
- Ray Clouthier, Massachusetts

2021-03-24 2014 Forest River XLR Thunderbolt 380AMP View Listings

Too any interested with ongiong XLR ISSUES. Investage ask for compedent help.The answers are available. Too any interested with ongiong XLR ISSUES. Investage ask for compedent help.The answers are available.
- dburgessdon, Indiana

2021-03-16 2018 Heartland Road Warrior 428 View Listings

ON the surface it looks great. Digging into the bones are something else. One of the dump valves would not close. Had to remove the basement insulation to fix. Cable had pulled out of adapter. Changed all of them over to electric. Once all of the insulation was removed (serious pain). Wiring is a mess. Excess wires everywhere and not properly secured. The area where all of the 12V wires are connected is a mess. Bus bars are randomly placed. More excess wiring. Hose connecting to hot water heater was severely kinked. And several of the tank fittings were loose. Had to cut the oetiker clamps to correct. Paint on the undercarriage is not well applied. Some of the welds were left unpainted. Spent a couple of days cleaning all of the rust. Also there was a screw in the middle of the insulation that penetrated it. This created a path for the water to enter and create more rust. The aft gas tank has a leak. Appears to be where a weld was. All of the brackets and bolts are rusting. None of these issues are readily visible. Also there are several switches in the control panel that are not labeled. We loved the layout, but.....
- rcrqtrmile, Virginia

2021-03-03 2015 Keystone Carbon 327 View Listings

For the money this is one of the nicest toy haulers around with a ton of storage, pulls nice and quality is there. The garage has enough room for quads and motorcycles, 2 seater SXS or small 4 seater SXS.
- Nick, Colorado

2021-03-01 2015 Keystone Carbon 327 View Listings

Like the floor plan and large garage for.my bike with sidecar...but got seriously burnt by what I see as a rip off by a dealer. He claimed it was his personal RV selling because covid stops him using RV on USA. I fell for it. Even though I checked RV right after rain, he must have rushed in to dry counter and floor. A month later in the first light rain, the AC leaked inside. Thought, what a prick 'cause now I can't do anything and he didn't return any messages and there aren't any Rv's there anymore. Then it rained heavy, poured into kitchen then down AC shaft into bedroom and light fixtures. Went up top and checked around AC ..roof is deformed as a trench straight to AC on both sides. Signs of rot under rubber roof. Bastard knew the rig was fubared from manufacturer. Even discharge valves mislabelled, patio parts backwards. Estimated $10,000 to repair roof. Never trust keystone or that dealer, Somerset RV sales Coombs BC, ever again. Spent winter with tarp over RV waiting for dry season to fix.
- Dan, British Columbia