Toy Haulers 5th Wheel Reviews on RV Insider (375)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Toy Haulers 5th Wheel RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Richard J Ernst from Ohio says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2017 Grand Design Momentum 399TH View Listings

Overall we like our 399TH and we accept some of the simple fixes that usually come with a new camper. However, it seems like we have a list that wouldn't exist with proper QC: 1. The trailer arrived with the wrong interior. 2. The media chairs were mounted crooked and would get stuck on the window valance when reclined. 3. No hot water on city connection. We have to pull water from the tanks to heat it. 4. Half of the carpet in the loft wasn't even there. It just raw particle board exposed. I was told this was normal from my dealer! 5. Sliding door to the side porch is not square and the door doesn't close flush. 6. Garage glass door has a gap on one side, clearly not plumb. 7. Garage loft bed is not level. I have to push up on one side of the bed to place the locking pins in. I was told by my dealer there is nothing that can be done about it. I need to stand on a stool or use a pole to push the bed up while putting the pin in. 8. The porch enclosure tears a hole in the mesh when stowed for transport. The dealer said it's a design flaw. 9.Trailer was delivered with missing rubber keyhole covers. I was told they will not be covered under warranty even though it was delivered without them! 10. Batteries wont hold a full charge. 12.5V is the highest they will charge. The dealer is currently looking at that. 11. The door would unlatch even when locked under transport. The closed grab handle is the only thing keeping the door closed. I'm told the door isn't aligned with the latch catch properly. 12.Power converter was advertised as a 75W but a 65W was put in. 13. Kitchen slide does not close flush to the unit. 14. Fuel tank gage is backwards and reads the level in the opposite tank. There are also three options we paid for but wish we didn't and we feel a little deceived: 1. The king bed upgrade is not a true king, it's 6 inches narrower than a actual king. We upgraded so I could use our Tempurpedic mattress for my back only to find out later that I paid for the king size option and it won't fit my actual sized king. I now have to buy a queen Tempurpedic to replace the stock mattress but the queen mattress is too small to fill the fake king size platform. Basically I paid for an option I can't use and on top of that I need to spend even more money because of it. Stick with the queen unless you plan on keeping the horrible stock mattress! 2. The so called removable carpet kit for the garage area is a joke! It is literally a roll of felt that isn't even cut to fit the garage(see pic)! We had the understanding it was carpet that matched the carpet in the rest of the trailer. We at least got a small piece of carpet for the door step.The option should be title "unmeasured/uncut removable felt" because it is definitely not carpet! Buy a remnant instead from Lowes or Home Depot, it will be actual carpet and it will be cheaper too! 3. The optional stairs for the ramps have been useless for us. We have yet to find an area that once you get leveled the stairs will reach the ground, even with the legs fully extended(see pic). I have to use wood blocks to place under the legs even on a hard level surface. The only time they work properly is on a flat level surface without the leveling jacks extended(like at an RV show)! The side porch stair mounts were not measured properly and the stairs will not mount evenly because of them. I'm waiting for my dealer to see what they can do with that. I would love to have my money back for these useless options. The camper is nice overall but there seems to be some deceiving with some options, intentional or not....research the options closely or you may not be getting what you think. This is our first camper and our lessons learned were expensive.
- Richard J Ernst, Ohio

2021-01-07 2019 Heartland Fuel 352 View Listings

We purchased a 2019 Heartland Fuel 352 in July of 2019. We have had some minor issues like a gas leak and the awning sticking and would not roll out until now. 17 months later coming back from Florida the rear axle bracket that holds the leaf spring broke loose from the frame. Heartland will not cover the repair, our extended warranty will not cover. It was clearly bad welding we have only pulled it 6 or 7 times. Should not have happen after only 6 to 7 times pulling it. Very cheaply made. Buyers beware.
- Karen Burke, North Carolina

2021-01-03 2018 Dutchmen Voltage Triton 3561 View Listings

Bought the trailer new the heater didn't work after pulling ing 100 miles to my deer lease. The dealership Explorer FT.Worth said the wiggle and giggle of the road sometime throws things out of wack.? Not supposed to move? Why the wheels? Said it was fixed sent it back. Never worked correctly so I took it back again. They couldn't find an issue. Hauled it to Yellowstone. No heat at 22 deg. Took it back they blamed 3000 mi and the propane from up north? again it has wheels. Propane is propane. Repaired myself, repairing a loose wire in control box. Landing gear won't lift trailer. Took it over twice for them to not find an issue both times. Today I had to lift it manually with a truck jack as I extended the legs.For the third time. Drawers falling apart had to repair personally. Top bunk in garage wouldn't work gear box rod came out. Then I had to adjust cause the pins would not go in. Now he latest the awning that has only been out twice is falling off. I was told we use the trailer too much.? Again it has axles, wheels, tires. I assume its to be used. 20,000 miles over 2 years is not that much. POS?
- Joe Eades, Texas

2021-01-01 2009 Keystone Fuzion 402 View Listings

We fell in love with this floor plan with seating across the isle for easier conversations and the dual entrances to the bathroom. Lots of room to spread out, large TV, great kitchen and super nice master bedroom. Hardly used, clean and ready to roll.
- Carl Clifton, California

2020-12-21 2018 Forest River XLR Thunderbolt 382AMP View Listings

I've owned this POS for a little over a year now. Over 20 issues with it, all in the first year. I've files complaints with the BBB, and Attorney General Offices in Indiana and Kansas. This thing is a STRAIGHT LEMON! I'm a disabled veteran that served in Iraq and Afghanistan and I get ghosted, (no contact) by Brent Stevens, General Manager of Forest River, who told me they were going to make things right over the phone. Does anyone know of an attorney who would take a case, may e even a Class Action suit against Forest River and their substandard product with health and safety issues? If so, my email is listed. I'm sure there are others who have gotten no where with this company standing behind their product. Who can afford staying in A hotel for more than 30 days to get issues worked on, and then find out Forest River sends the wrong replacement parts!!! Contact me!
- Floyd Craig Jr, Florida

2020-12-21 2018 Keystone Fuzion 417 View Listings

This is an amazing 5th wheel has all the bells and whistles. Can fit a king bed inside. And the 2 bathrooms really came in handy! The kitchen island is great you can have alot of ppl in this and have a blast the outside speakers and the bbq hook up are amazing!! so much to say!!
- RaeAnn, California

2020-12-21 2016 Heartland Cyclone 4150 View Listings

Great floor plan, RV easy to move around. However, the quality is less than desired. The floor isn't sealed up good, and rodents with infest your walls, get in the space between the floor and the weather seal, eat your wiring. I have had the fridge repaired once and all three Air Conditioners had to have valve installed to charge with coolant. The shower drain leaks with no easy access. The main TV failed and had to be replaced. The nearest dealer for warranty repairs is two hour drive away. I wish I had never bought this thing. Only 10 more years to pay it off...
- Sean Scoggins, Mississippi

2020-12-14 2021 Forest River Cherokee Wolf Pack 325PACK13 View Listings

I am starting a small youtube channel next year in 2021 and would recommend this specific one to any family. I have been narrowing down the top 12 fifth wheels and would love to make a small business deal for arrangements to just view all 2021 models on your lot and take some photos and jot down some notes: Size Durability Men vs women drivability Outdoor vs Camping And would love to hear from the whom ever may be the 5th wheel enthusis on the floor for off camera interview.
- SADIE, California

2020-12-13 2017 Jayco Seismic 4114 View Listings

Excellent quality. Never had any issues. Love the 14 foot garage. Kids love to tailgate, ATVs, golf carts. We love dropping the rear deck at the mountains and beaches. Dealers are back logged months with orders. I am glad I bought one.
- Anthony, North Carolina

2020-12-11 2014 Dutchmen Voltage 3105 View Listings

I bought the rv used from a dealer in Florida. My first mistake. The first time I tried it out was the day after the purchase. I started having problems with the Schwintech slide on the livingroom. After several attempts to get the problem resolved I had a tire blow and this caused enough damage to the slide to warrant further investigation. The repair shop I took the unit to discovered the roof on the slide had been leaking since it was manufactured which rotted the entire outside wall and floor. When the repair shop tried to repair it was descovered the slide had no framing supporting the outside window..just 2 sheets of 1/4 in plywood laminated to the styrofoam. In 20 years of repairing rv's this is the worst contruction the rv repair shop has run into. The total cost so far is over 15k and I finally have the unit back. Dutchmen should have a class action suit against them for this. I am just wondering if there is any legal action that can be taken.
- marvin burns, Arkansas

2020-12-11 2021 Forest River Cherokee Wolf Pack 325PACK13 View Listings

This model is excellent for large families or extended families. There are 2 separate rooms so that was our reason for getting this model. There are many neat upgrades like the lighting inside and out and USB plugs. No need to worry about things losing their charge. It is a great way for us to escape and continue traveling during COVID.
- Kimberly, North Carolina

2020-12-04 2017 Keystone Fuzion 371 View Listings

RV is high quality. We purchased so our teens could enjoy their own private space in the carpeted garage with 1/2 bath. They were able to fit nicely in the queen bunks. Would highly recommend to friends!
- Chris, Florida

2020-11-29 2018 Keystone Raptor 428SP View Listings

Very well built camper, fairly luxurious for a toyhauler, tons of storage everywhere. If you want the biggest and best production built trailer, this is pretty much it unless you want to spend another 10k for full body paint.
- Martin Reed, Arkansas

2020-11-24 2016 Heartland Cyclone 4150 View Listings

If you have a family with kids and kids friends and want to go camping with your toys all the while keeping your wife happy, this is the trailer for you. The back has its own entrance, 2 double beds, bathroom, TV, patio with sliding doors. The living area is very spacious with fireplace/ heater, large screen TV, recliners. Bedroom has a walk around queen bed, dresser. Master bath and closet is very spacious as well, full size shower, lots of cabinets, Porcelain toilet, washer/ dryer hookups. Lower storage for days, generator very low hrs, 3 A/C units, three axles, pulls like a dream. This trailer has been well cared for and used gently.
- B.j., California

2020-11-23 2020 Dutchmen Voltage 4175 View Listings

Purchased a Voltage 4175 planning on this being our forever camper with my husband retiring from the military in about 3 years and us traveling. The $$ was a HUGE purchase for us. This is the biggest piece of crap we have ever purchased!!! Nothing but problems!!! Their quality control is NON EXISTENT. Have a huge list of stuff my husband fixed himself (like TV eye being below the counter) Propane bottles not fitting properly because of how mounts were installed. He rerouted the battery cable spaghetti mess. Reattached trim...all little stuff. Every time you move it, wire nuts fall off of stuff because they are put on but not crimped. Every time you find a wire nut or screw, just throw it in the drawer. The first big road trip, the fresh water tank leaked (ended up being a whole in the hose). There was a bolt coming up from underneath the flooring so we sat a suit case over it the entire trip so nobody would walk on it and wear it through. All of the pantry shelves collapsed--including the one that only had paper products on it. One of the things we liked about the 4175 was this little counter by itself near the pantry...thought it would make a great "coffee bar". Yeah, bad idea. Its has electrical issues, you can't plug the coffee pot in and have either the heat or AC running in the center of the camper or it kicks out (does NOT do it with the front or rear AC/Heat running). Dealer replaced a GFI outlet (the outlet in the bathroom and bedroom only worked when it felt like it as well) and said that fixed the problem. Did NOT fix the problem--apparently they did not Load test it. Even with all of these issues, the one that has me the most furious is after our trip we were cleaning the garage of the camper and found small screws all along the wall. Realized they came out of the upper bed and the mattress was falling off of the frame! Thank goodness nothing happened because during that trip my 7 year old grandson and 2 year old granddaughter had been sleeping on the jack knife sofa below with their parents on that top bed!!!!! There was also something wrong with the awning arms and they had to be replaced. The stove was just awesome. When the kitchen slide was in, I had to put a pool noodle on the oven door handle and tape it fast because it would rub on the drawer handle across from it. The list of problems with this piece of crap just goes on and on. Each side of this camper has 3 wheels. Found a split in the center tire on the right side. They said it was NOT warranty cause it was an impact hit??? I guess the 2 other tires on that side floated over top of this so called impact? It was a tire defect, the tread separated. And when you look up the rating for the tires they put on it and the weight of the camper---the tires are maxed out. Shame they cant put better tires on it. All of this for the amount of money we pent just makes me sick!!!!!!!!!! They should be ashamed for putting out this quality of JUNK and stealing peoples hard earned money!! We will tell everyone we know not to buy a Voltage unless you have money to throw away and you never want to see it because its sitting at the RV place waiting for warranty work. And one last pet peeve of mine for this camper. The half bath in the garage, for what this thing costs, they could put a nicer sink in the damn thing....not something that looks like a 5 bucket screwed to the wall.
- Brenda Brown, Pennsylvania

2020-11-13 2019 Forest River Vengeance 348A13 View Listings

Bought it in July 2019, within 2 months batteries were wouldn't hold a charger for more than 2 days - miswired. June of 2020 - all three dump valves stuck, finally got them unstuck then the aft tank, even though I can move it in and out, nothing would dump. Took it to dealer, they said we got it free and flushed it for me, take it out three weeks later, you guessed it, dump valve handle moves freely, but of course it won't dump. July of 2020, driving down the road and the fresh water tanks literally fell out of the bottom. We were so grateful we weren't on the highway when this happened. I've had this piece of junk for 18 months and it has literally been in the shop for 9 months. For the money I paid, I am nothing less than disappointed. The wife absolutely hates it and we no longer feel comfortable driving it. We keep waiting for something catastrophic to happen.
- john42262, Washington

2020-11-10 2019 Keystone Fuzion 427 View Listings

Pulls like a dream .sets up quick.nice floor plan all appliances seem to work .but but 1st trip window valance came off messed up the roller shade .installer only screwed one side .the trim throughout the rv is coming off . Daily have to reglue it and put back in place.poor poor workmanship. No no quality control . Pay alot of money for thin masonite like wood through out covered in cheap wall paper.. screws in floor popping up through the linoleum. Have to screw back down never ever buy a new camper past 2017 ..
- Larry hudson, Texas

2020-11-08 2015 Dutchmen Voltage V3005 View Listings

This was the shortest 5th wheel toy hauler I could find that still had a separate garage. I didn't want to have to take out all my bikes for an overnight stop. It also has the bathroom door outside the master bedroom which I prefer. Plenty of power outlets, inside and out. Easy to tow. I used a F350 diesel and sometimes almost forgot the hauler was back there.
- Robert Sissons, California

2020-11-05 2015 Dutchmen Voltage 3905 View Listings

I do not personally like their service. Many times they give us a quote to fix something and when we go pick it up, their prices are extremely higher and they don't even fix everything broke. Goodbye
- Kris, Iowa

2020-11-01 2016 Grand Design Momentum M-Class 350M View Listings

Our Grand Design Momentum 350 was a delight to own! We enjoyed the whole make-up of the toy hauler, and we were sad to see it leave. We certainly made great memories that will last a lifetime in our RV.
- Joe, Ohio

2020-10-13 2019 Heartland Fuel 335 View Listings

This toy hauler has a lot of pros and cons... Pros: 1) Kitchen is very functional with plenty of counter space. Dinette table being foldable, can easily be brought in from the garage for additional prep space. 2) Bathroom: very roomy,plenty of storage. Skylight in the bathroom helps for additional head space. 3) Garage: Spacious, plenty of room for toys and coverts to a fantastic living/indoor play area for the kids. 4) Ramp that converts to a deck is WONDERFUL. The kids LOVE it and we spend mornings and nights out on it. 5) Husband says it pulls great, and weight is distributed in a way that makes even pulling up the mountain easy on his truck Cons: 1) Kitchen: Pantry is narrow, over the sink counters and the top shelves I cant reach and Im 5'6". I either use a step stool or call for reinforcements from husband. 2) Bathroom: The tub is poorly installed and the plastic was separating from the wall within 3 months. Tub also doesn't drain well. No matter how we level the camper, it tends to pool and pocket next to the bench. 3) Overall construction is poor. In addition to the bathroom, the molding around both the doors were loose, the air vents in the garage fell out from the travel from the lot to the house, and others have fallen since. Molding around the bedroom door was warped and had to fixed as well. Plumbing under sink leaked our 2nd trip out, 1 month after purchase. 4) Our 1st trip out, the leveling system was not working properly and wouldn't level. We had to call camping world to come out. They reset it, and showed us how to bypass it, but cont to give us an error of twisted frame. Again took to local CW at home and they factory reset the leveling system... and our next trip out, the front jack pin broke and the camper slammed down. 5) The converter went out just shy of having the camper a year. 6) Garage: again, overhead storage cabinets are too tall for functional use, making them useless for everyday use and the bottoms are thin, cheap material and im nervous to put anything heavier than a few towels back there because it bows. (but bc the garage is so spacious, we bought 2 wardrobes to put back there in the corners for the their closet space. 7) Limited "basement" space outside. you have one pass through at the front, which fills up super fast. 8) They double queen beds and the twin bunk are VERY odd sizes. They are extra long. I looked everywhere online to find sheets for these beds. Even special ordering them, however no one made sheets long enough. I ended up buying flat sheets and sewing elastic around the edges to make my own since I couldn't even special order them. We LOVE this layout. It works fantastic for our family and even fantastic when extended family or friends stay with us. Campers are usually cheaply made, and this camper is no exception. The little things aren't really an issue for us to fix, However, bc of the warranty we had to send to CW to fix the converter, replace the microwave, fix the leveling system and the front pin. Those have really put a damper on things. To buy a brand new camper and have this many issues in a short amount of time, that's not ok. As much as we love the inside of this toy hauler, we would not buy this cone again if we had a do over and would actually trade it in if that was an option.
- Candace, North Carolina

2020-10-10 2018 Highland Ridge RV Highlander HF350 View Listings

Had our new toy hauler for 18 months. Decals all faded and some peeling off. Bottom side molding all pulled away from coach needed repair. Molding fell off inside repaired myself. Hydraulic levelers would not work on first trip had to manually retract one with ratchet. Read online what issue could be repaired myself. Doors would not close and had to reattach door jams. Everything was built by incompetent workers. I have done most repairs as hauling coach 25 miles for repairs then driving home then back is not feasible. My first 36 ft. 5th wheel was 18 years old. I have had more issues with this coach in 18 months than the other in 18 years. Was told the decals on the front which were silver are now faded to almost black were out of warranty after a year. Find something else to buy. Highland ridge not so good.
- James Towne, California

2020-10-08 2020 Dutchmen Voltage Triton 3531 View Listings

We bought the voltage feb. 2020 and before we left the lot, noticed things that needed repair; scratch on window, crack in toilet bowl, dried glue in sink, wall seam separating. We were told it all would be warrantied. Then we saw loose trim, loose cabinet, faulty drawer, leaking lower compartment. Took it back for the warranty work , on the way the fireplace fell out, then were told the company denied our window repair so our dealer told us it would be best if we contacted the company directly; they replaced the window. 4 months later, went to pick it up and husband noticed it had been hit and damaged while it was in the shop and no one noticed! So he left it there so they could repair the damage. Good thing we cancelled our vacation in June because it wasn’t ready anyway. September husband took it out for a weekend. When we were packing to go and opened the slide, the whole length of carpet beside bed was wet. Exterior paint smeared, black stop coming loose, and black panel buckling. While he was gone, he noticed more problems. AC wouldn’t shut off, drawer wouldn’t stay shut,loose trim, broken wood around fireplace, same seam not smooth, same compartment leaking,etc. We have had trouble with middle jacks-we had to call 3rd party for help as dealer wasn’t able to help us- problem with hitch- clunking. Voltage back to the shop again end of September and today is oct. 8. Supposed to have a rep from keystone go check it out. We have not been able to really use it . Very poor quality, workmanship. Very unhappy , dissatisfied. My husband did like the shower and the bed, and microwave. Like the floor plan and happy to have big fridge , cabinet in bathroom and 2nd toilet.We had a very difficult time with the 3 steps, the first step comes to my knee , it really should have a 4th. I wish the top bed above couch could come down lower than it does. Kitchen cabinet corners stick out too much. This brand new unit should mot have this many issues Right now I just have bad feelings and don’t know if I will ever enjoy it. Unfortunately, Not worth the money; poor quality. Probably would not recommend the store or this particular model.
- Leslee nace, South Carolina

2020-09-29 2012 Heartland Cyclone 3010 View Listings

Excellent RV from hitch to loading ramp. Have travelled frequently with 3 kids across 15 states and it never disappointed. Extremely good value for the money. I'll be buying Heartland again if I ever get rid of this one.
- Lee Lorenzen, California

2020-09-25 2018 Heartland Road Warrior 396 View Listings

It’s a home away from home. We love it! It is big so we have struggled to find sites to accommodate our rig in areas we frequent but have had good luck as we branch out our travels. I would live in it, hate having to sell it.
- Ashleigh Lambert, South Carolina