Toy Haulers 5th Wheels RVs Reviews (260)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Toy Haulers 5th Wheels RVs Reviews and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of these RVs.

Richard J Ernst from Ohio says:

Have you owned any Toy Haulers 5th Wheels RVs? Write a review

Voted Most Helpful Review 2017 Grand Design Momentum 399TH View Listings

Overall we like our 399TH and we accept some of the simple fixes that usually come with a new camper. However, it seems like we have a list that wouldn't exist with proper QC: 1. The trailer arrived with the wrong interior. 2. The media chairs were mounted crooked and would get stuck on the window valance when reclined. 3. No hot water on city connection. We have to pull water from the tanks to heat it. 4. Half of the carpet in the loft wasn't even there. It just raw particle board exposed. I was told this was normal from my dealer! 5. Sliding door to the side porch is not square and the door doesn't close flush. 6. Garage glass door has a gap on one side, clearly not plumb. 7. Garage loft bed is not level. I have to push up on one side of the bed to place the locking pins in. I was told by my dealer there is nothing that can be done about it. I need to stand on a stool or use a pole to push the bed up while putting the pin in. 8. The porch enclosure tears a hole in the mesh when stowed for transport. The dealer said it's a design flaw. 9.Trailer was delivered with missing rubber keyhole covers. I was told they will not be covered under warranty even though it was delivered without them! 10. Batteries wont hold a full charge. 12.5V is the highest they will charge. The dealer is currently looking at that. 11. The door would unlatch even when locked under transport. The closed grab handle is the only thing keeping the door closed. I'm told the door isn't aligned with the latch catch properly. 12.Power converter was advertised as a 75W but a 65W was put in. 13. Kitchen slide does not close flush to the unit. 14. Fuel tank gage is backwards and reads the level in the opposite tank. There are also three options we paid for but wish we didn't and we feel a little deceived: 1. The king bed upgrade is not a true king, it's 6 inches narrower than a actual king. We upgraded so I could use our Tempurpedic mattress for my back only to find out later that I paid for the king size option and it won't fit my actual sized king. I now have to buy a queen Tempurpedic to replace the stock mattress but the queen mattress is too small to fill the fake king size platform. Basically I paid for an option I can't use and on top of that I need to spend even more money because of it. Stick with the queen unless you plan on keeping the horrible stock mattress! 2. The so called removable carpet kit for the garage area is a joke! It is literally a roll of felt that isn't even cut to fit the garage(see pic)! We had the understanding it was carpet that matched the carpet in the rest of the trailer. We at least got a small piece of carpet for the door step.The option should be title "unmeasured/uncut removable felt" because it is definitely not carpet! Buy a remnant instead from Lowes or Home Depot, it will be actual carpet and it will be cheaper too! 3. The optional stairs for the ramps have been useless for us. We have yet to find an area that once you get leveled the stairs will reach the ground, even with the legs fully extended(see pic). I have to use wood blocks to place under the legs even on a hard level surface. The only time they work properly is on a flat level surface without the leveling jacks extended(like at an RV show)! The side porch stair mounts were not measured properly and the stairs will not mount evenly because of them. I'm waiting for my dealer to see what they can do with that. I would love to have my money back for these useless options. The camper is nice overall but there seems to be some deceiving with some options, intentional or not....research the options closely or you may not be getting what you think. This is our first camper and our lessons learned were expensive.
- Richard J Ernst, Ohio

2019-12-08 2019 Keystone Fuzion 429 View Listings

Worst RV my wife and I have had. We purchased it at Camping World in Mesa, AZ. Between Mesa and El Paso, TX the TV antena broke off. As we proceed on to our home in PA we found several screws, nuts and bolts missing. Screws stripped and trim starting to come off, When arriving home we made arrangements to have it repaired at the Camping World in Hanover, PA. While it was in for repair they discovered that grease fittings near the wheels had been over greased at the factory and grease had gotten into the brakes. After talking it back home we found out that the front gray water and black water dumps we hook up incorrectly. The one for the gray was indeed black and the black was for the gray. I will be happy to get rid of this RV and will never buy another one made by Keystone. Their quality is terrible.
- William, Pennsylvania

2019-12-07 2020 Grand Design Momentum 397TH View Listings

I would describe my experience with this make and model as dissatisfied. The junk shower heads and hose assemblies I replaced before my first trip.Also installed shower bars for height and shower head angle positions. Other problems include porch light not working,left side compartment door flying open going down road.Pushed in on door with firm pressure and was locked.Could have been a problem if it would have swung out in oncoming traffic.Had to use Gorilla tape to hold it closed.Door also leaks when it rains.First time using shower I had a large puddle of water on floor.Had to seal both ends and front of shower door track to stop the leak. Got to my destination in SC and found all three awnings motor covers had blown off.Had to cover them with plastic garbage bag and Gorilla tape.Trying to get replacement covers.Could not believe that you can not play blue ray discs in the so called premium sound system at the cost of 2000 dollars.This sums up the problems I've had in my first week and 450 miles of use.What can a customer expect for 100,000 dollers.Grand Design should include a roll of Gorilla tape with every model built.
- David Dean, Pennsylvania

2019-12-07 2019 Heartland Cyclone 4007 View Listings

To whom it may concern, Prior to purchasing an RV I called several RV repair shops and simply asked them which brands they would recommend to buy based on which ones were the easiest to work on and broke down the least. Heartland was often recommended and the brand we chose to purchase. Since purchase we have had nothing but a year and a half of problems. Once we hooked up our water during the first weekn it began spewing water from behind the hook up. The cause of this was that the fitting connecting the hot water heater to the RV wasn’t secure and was allowing well over 100 gallons of water to spew into the underbelly of our RV. Next we had a leak in the toilet that cost a couple of hundred dollars to fix and after that our garage AC stopped working in the middle of a New Mexico summer. We then started working with Adam Batson to get the AC fixed. After 2 months of sending him pictures of what we needed fixed several times we finally got the AC delivered. We had the RV repairmen at the RV to fix the AC, slide valves in our dump tanks, and the water selector switch. They quickly noticed they sent us the wrong AC. Once we got the correct AC we were told that the old one had stopped working because when it was installed the freeze sensor wasn’t in the coil/fins as it should have been causing the compressor to run too long and not shut down when it should and thus shortening the life of the compressor. Next we had had water leaking from under our sink. We ultimately found out it was caused by a faulty fauced and caused all of the wood and wood paneling around the kitchen sink to rot and need to be replaced which also took months to complete. After ournext move we arrived and the couches in the garages were both flat against the sides of the RV. The metal on the happy jack lifts had bent allowing them to once again fall during our move. I called Adam who told me that Happy Jack would not authorize to replace the part. I got the happy jack information from him. I explained to the man there what had happened and he asked me if there were pins in the couches to secure the couches and prevent them from falling. I told him that when we received the RV the couches were down and that there were no pins in He explained that this is why the parts bent during transport and that it should have come with these pins. He agreed to send me the new parts, which arrived a few days later. Next we had to work to get our auto leveler fixed. When we would hit the auto level button it would begin to level and then it would extend the legs on one side of the RV as far as it could and the legs on the opposing side wouldn’t move at all causing the RV to almost tip over. When the RV repairman was here to install the AC he was able to diagnose the problem. I called Adam and put him on speakerphone to talk to the repairman and myself at the same time so there was no confusion. I was assured that he was putting in the parts request and they would be shipped out. I didn’t receive them the following week and was out of town for 6 days the week after that. I figured that after two weeks I would return home to the parts being delivered but this was not the case. I called Adam the next business day and was told that for some reason the parts department had not gotten the order. He was also trying to order the wrong part for the auto leveler despite the repairman clearly explaining it to both of us while he was on speakerphone. We are now over three weeks since the original parts should have been submitted to the parts department. It is very clear from the amount of problems that we have had with this RV that it’s construction was very rushed and not well done. Between the constant problems we have had and the difficulty to get things fixed I would not recommend buying this brand of RV to anyone that asks. 12/6/2019 We recently ended up getting the auto leveler fixed. After having changed the computer and batteries we found out that the problems were happening because the leveling sensor on the back was in fact installed backwards. About two weeks after this was fixed we were home cleaning when our electric turned off. We were surprised because we have a surge protector in place. When we were checking all of the connections we were surprised to see that the plug to the RV and 50 amp cord were all burned. We took it in to get fixed and were informed that the reason the surge protector hadn’t stopped it was because it was the result of a lose ground wire in the RV. Once the ground wire, new 50 amp cord and connection to the RV were all fixed we still did not have power. The electrician immediately knew that the transfer switch was bad. Once this was replaced we had electricity again. I am furious with how this company does business. They provide a cheap and unsafe product. If we hadn't been home when the electricity went out our entire RV and 5 animals could have died in an electric fire. DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT!
- Chelsea, California

2019-12-06 2019 Keystone Fuzion 373 View Listings

Purchased our Fuzion in 4/2019, got home with it and unhooked from it noticed water coming from the underneath , looked to see that the underbelly was sagging pushed up on it and a large amount of water came out. Called the dealer ,said they would look into it ,it was raining quite heavily when we brought it home. Used the camper through the summer , no problems except when it rained , there wasn’t a leak in the pluming ,done a temporary fix by using some small angle iron to hold up the sagging belly to keep rain water out, had a couple of issues, microwave died and back door needed adjustment ,which were fixed, keystone wants to recut and stretch the underbelly material , which will not fix the problem be cause the structure of the underbelly material is damaged and will continue to be a problem, they say it is cosmetic , it is structural because it is only fastened on the sides and is self supporting in the center this is damaged is why it sags .sterching it will not repair the structure ,buyer beware,
- John Lewis , Tennessee

2019-12-06 2016 Prime Time Spartan 1245 View Listings

Worst camper I’ve ever owned kitchen slide tore the floor first week bedroom slide stuck halfway out found outer wall had to be opened up and reweld the wall structure back and replace the electric drive replaced all fender support cooling unit in the refrigerator front air lost the compressor and had to be replaced found a water line leaking under island mold everywhere can’t keep screws in rear bed lift replaced docking station lid twice thank goodness for good Sam extended warranty
- Eric Harper Sr, Louisiana

2019-12-05 2017 Keystone Fuzion 371 View Listings

At first look the unit is nice. Closer look and the workmanship is terrible. Don't expect any type of customer service as they are terrible to deal with. It's a tail light warranty, when they can't see your tail lights the warranty is over. Very disappointed, after buying a Fuzion 371 Toy Hauler. Outside cabinet s doors falling off. Leaking windows, holes in awnings and wrong sized staples used inside causing rips in the roller blind. All this for 110,000.00 cnd. Never again.
- RICHARD DEGNAN, Ontario

2019-12-04 2018 Keystone Carbon 357 View Listings

If I hadn’t jus paid over 60,000 for this unit I’d laugh at the quality of workmanship , batts won’t hold a charge overnight, only vent for garage is behind washer . No quality control at all , looks like it was thrown together and shipped , very poorly construction
- Chris hickok, Alaska

2019-12-02 2017 Forest River Vengeance 320A View Listings

We drove from Oregon to Minnesota to purchase our 320A. The experience over all has been good. I have not had to many problems. The tires they come with are garbage. But thats the same with every RV. These units and many others have problems with the Fresh Water tank supports. It holds a 100 gallons and is no way even close to be supported properly. There are some owners on line that state they have had the fresh water tank fall out the bottom of the trailer going down the road. The floor plan is great. The bathroom is hard to beat. Wish it had an RV oven and a bigger microwave. It is a PITA to winterize. The tongue weight on the 320A is far less than many Toy Haulers out there. We like our 320A a lot. When shopping, just remember, all RVs have bugs that have to be worked out no matter who makes it. Some more than others.
- Manley Inc!, Oregon

2019-11-22 2019 Grand Design Momentum M-Class 395M View Listings

I bought my brand new trailer in April, 2019. It has been back to the dealer a couple of times. Before it even left my driveway for its first camping trip, the generator quit. While we were camping, the rear awning flew off the rig! There was nothing more than a very gentle breeze. Another Momentum owner came over and said his did the same thing. The small screws are not enough to hold it on. I found our pantry under water. I decided to remove the 4 screws to the access panel inside and found mold growing inside the wall. Water also got into the furnace and caused it to quit. The water was coming from a loose pipe to the shower faucet. I realized that I must fix things myself unless I want to permanently park it at the dealer. The refrigerator also quit. The ceiling in the bedroom leaked in the last rain storm. The wall covering next to the kitchen sink is loose. The black tank cable to the rear bathroom is seized so I can't drain the tank. Ugh! The list just goes on and on. On the plus side, it appears to be well set up for camping in cold weather. I've had some nights down to 12 degrees Fahrenheit with no issues. A lack of cabinets in the garage has me bewildered. I added some. The dealer sometimes doesn't get things right the first time so I've learned to just repair this myself as much as possible.
- Eric Lang, New York

2019-11-12 2015 Keystone Fuzion 404 Chrome View Listings

We wanted a new way to haul our Horses and be able to get in and out of bed without having to crawl! With the Stable Boy from Equine Equipped has achieved that. The horses travel less stressful because of the way the trailer is suspended. The other thing is when you want to camp or travel without horses it becomes a 2 bedroom! Our Son Drag races his Harley and we are able to haul his bike and have all the comforts of home. The only reason we are wanting to sell it is we're getting older and the stairs are becoming an issue for us. Other than that it's fine. Another thing that we have learned is that a lot of camp grounds sometimes are limited on their ability to improve their sites for longer camper's (40' to 60')! If you're interested in the horse thing go to Mr Truck.com or Equine Equipped.com and watch the video on the Stable Boy. Any questions you need to ask feel free to contact us Please. Thanks. Stonemans Lazy"S"Farm,Oak Grove,Mo.
- cmscrs, Missouri

2019-11-11 2020 Heartland Cyclone 3600 View Listings

This my first 5th Wheel. I have a 2016 GMC Sierra 3500 SRW with a Demco Autoslide Hitch. The trailer towes FANTASTIC. Because I didn't want to get a dually this was the biggest toy hauler I could tow. I had to sacrifice some of the luxuries of the bigger toy haulers: kitchen and living room are smaller than I'd like, but very livable. Garage not only added the ability to haul our BMW R1200RT with a side car but added a patio that we find we are using all the time. We have come to prefer the toy hauler style RV over the regular style because of the extra space the ramp patio gives us. It also gives guests their own bathroom with a more private sleeping area. We added a rear curtain and better locks so that the back ramp patio door can be left open. And since the patio door is made by Challenger it has no wood so moisture will not effect it. We have had a couple issues with slide adjustments and a missing screen, but Heartland customer support has been very supportive in getting things fixed properly.
- Larry, Indiana

2019-11-10 2019 Grand Design Momentum 399TH View Listings

We have been full time for over two year, first in our Grand Design Solitude 375 and now our Grand Design Momentum 399 and absolutely love the 399 and the room, features, and comfort. Grand Designs commitment to customer service is second to none also.
- Jeret Burnett , California

2019-11-10 2015 Keystone Fuzion 325 View Listings

Buyer BEWARE! Purchased the RV in the fall of 2014 after the PA Hershey show. 4 yrs old now, used 3 - 4 times each year. We did a lot of fact finding and research before we purchased a new RV, but it didn't do much good. This year there was 8 items that had issues throughout the RV. Refrig Freezer stop working, bracket that the cable pulls on to open main slide fell off, tailgate soft ( due to water getting in from the top) paint peeling on entry doors, paint coming off bottom of unit, generator wouldn't start, slide needed adjusting, converter made noise. Dealer fixed 5 items and charged good for each, total $765. Discussed and contacted Dealer, Keystone and door manufactured Lippert concerning the doors and tailgate issue's. All said sorry our product warranty is 1 yr. It took 2 1/2 months of emails and phone calls for them all to point the finger at the other guy and come up with excuses. If it would allow a 0 in the rate column product support/ warranty would get it. The Thor Corp. handles many different brands Like Keystone, Jayco, Forest River etc. PLEASE PLEASE make sure you do your homework and buy all the possible warranty's (read fine print on extended warranty's) before you purchase an RV. I do everything possible to keep the RV in top shape and things still go wrong. It would seem that an RV and the components would last longer than 4 yrs if properly manufactured, but I guess not. Now I have a Toy Hauler that can't haul toys unless I spend a wack of money to buy new doors and tailgate. I may attend RV shows in the northeast this yr and put this RV on display to show consumers what they might expect after 4 yrs of use. Please feel free to look us up if you need advise about what to look for when purchasing an RV. I'm not sure that buying a RV is a good thing, a tent with accessories might be a cheaper and better way to go. WE are considering getting rid of the RV and the headaches that go along with it. Unfortunately we are not the only people in this situation, we know others with RV issues with similar results. What really sucks is that it's not completely paid for yet. Best advice is Be very careful if you are planing on purchasing an RV. Don't let the beautiful appearance of the RV get your better judgement.
- Charles Sherman, New York

2019-11-07 2018 Heartland Cyclone 4005 View Listings

We love our RV except for the inverter!! We live in our RV. Have only owned it 17 months and inverter won't charge the batteries. Our power gets low so we have to use a battery charger and our dually to charge up the power. Heartland needs to fix this issue and give us a new inverter, because right now we cannot afford one!!
- Dixie, Texas

2019-10-25 2013 Keystone Raptor Velocity 310TS View Listings

We have owned this RV for about 2 years. There has been one owner prior to us. This RV is great for hauling my Harley Davidson Touring Motorcycle. We have taken many trips in numerous states such as Colorado, Tennessee, Texas, Kentucky, Kansas, and Missouri. This RV is reliable and very roomy and comfortable. The King Suite makes for a lot of room with the King size bed and we are able to walk all the way around the bed. This RV also has a brand new Generator on board as well as 2 air conditioners. The outdoor grill, refrigerator, and TV is great for enjoying the great outdoors.
- Mike Talcott, Kansas

2019-10-20 2014 Keystone Fuzion 140 View Listings

The frameless windows on this RV are the worst idea in construction. Every time I go down the highway a window gets broken from rocks, even on paved highways. I never had that happen with framed windows in my lifetime and I have owned four holiday trailers. There is always something wrong with the technology. I am always sending it in for repairs on something. The doors never seem to stay aligned. I have had many problems with the generator. The batteries don't seem to last from one season to the next, even when they are looked after. We have to carry a small generator to get the big generator started. The small details quality is terrible for the money I spent. You can see nail holes that are not filled and edges around doors not stained or varnished. The toilet acts up a lot of times. I have never been so disappointed in a purchase in my life. I wish I could return it and get my money back. Don't buy this make and model of holiday trailer. It will be the last time I ever purchase anything from Keystone. I've even had RV dealerships comment that there was a lot of thing Keystone didn't do that they should of done. I hate this piece of ****.
- Brian, Alberta

2019-10-16 2020 Heartland Gateway 3905FLG View Listings

We bought this unit in Georgia we live in Bryceville Florida. But before we bought it notice floor in living not right so we left it with camping World one week before we pick up hoping to fix . But they did not. So we scheduled a appointment month after we pick up also water heater burnt out and melted was bad so we scheduled appointment for both and we thought to fix both , to find out was just to see get approval from insurance. This is crazy brand new unit was on lot before pick up they new of the problem with the floor. problem with water heater which they kinda fixed. So just saying paying all this money for the best insurance coverage on this 2020 unit with issues and it’s a lot to keep bringing in a unit this big every problem was trying to save from doing that but didn’t work out either. So sad love my new RV just can’t get what needs attention taken care of because red tape. 😢😢 But hey thank the Lord my husband in construction I Love my new RV My Husband is Amazing. Just feel for other people who may not get to enjoy because red tape. God is good
- William and Connie Powers, Georgia

2019-10-15 2019 Heartland Fuel 322 View Listings

Nice looking toy hauler but built cheap. Front leveling Jack pin broke off causing rig to almost roll over when performing automatic leveling. After looking at why, seems as if the retaining pin is too thin to support the weight. This happened the 2nd time we used the trailer. Other negative of trailer is have to use city water to fill tank. On our 1st camping trip water level read full which was not the case. Since the only way to fill tank is with pressurized hose (city water) we had to load up camp and drive into town to fill tank once again. Wasted a full day of camping.
- Victor Guerrero , Arizona

2019-10-14 2007 Weekend Warrior Weekend Warrior 3905CR View Listings

Wonderful RV to use with plenty of room I would recommend a weekend warrior to anybody that goes camping in the desert this particular RV has more room than anything on the market even today Don’t hesitate to get one they are beautiful units they must see
- Ron Sanchez II, California

2019-10-14 2005 Weekend Warrior Weekend Warrior 3505LE View Listings

We purchased this Weekend Warrior because of the excellent reputation this brand had for toy haulers. We upgraded the coach to the fullest extend possible, and we enjoyed using is at the river and in the desert. It easily fit 2 full size quads and 1 small quad, or 2 waverunners on separate trailers. The wench which we installed made it easy to load and unload the toys. The coach itself is very comfortable and we were able to sleep 8 people on beds. We also had the option of using the add-a-room tent system which would hold up to an additional 8 people in sleeping bags. The on board fueling station was amazing. We were able to drive the quads right up to it to fuel up. The BBQ add-on was also very useful, and since we also opted for the full stereo system, we were able to enjoy music outside as well. At the river, the outside shower came in very handy. There is plenty of inside & outside storage. It tows easily.
- CTB, California

2019-10-07 2019 Heartland Cyclone 4005 View Listings

Buyer Beware my husband and I purchased this 2019 preparing for retirement since the purchase June of 2018 we have numerous water problems and mechanical failures took back to dealer once to find leak that filled the underbelly also basement filled with water fried the inverter caused soft spot on floor in front of stairs water on floor in front of slideout when it rains they had it for a month finally got it back last week transfer switch to generator got hot and burnt wires then last night it rained and water came in under slideout on entry side wish we would have gone with another company but all this issues of poor workmanship are hidden under nice finishes so please anyone thinking of buying this brand read reviews which we did but investigate deeper after all this costs as much as a small home I Would Not But This Brand Again hope this helps someone so they don’t get duped like we did now were stuck with it because it is nowhere worth what we paid
- Kathy DeBoard, Kentucky

2019-10-06 2019 Heartland Fuel 322 View Listings

RV satisfaction is understandably hard to achieve. $50k dollars later cheaper parts. Solution: omit tank sensors. After having to drain fresh tank that fills on city connection...weird, the brand new sensor reads full. The black/gray with slight reason, same thing. The gurgling in shower tells you when full!!! Most importantly, water leak is detrimental. Omit these electric faulty ideas and place a ceramic basin in showers for better shower drain connection. Americans care less about rv weight!! We buy bigger trucks. Quality is judged by gadgets and not the electrical/plumbing function that has men up every morning walking around the rig or head stuffed in a compartment finding things loose and not working. So unsatisfying!!!
- Mark Swanger, North Carolina

2019-09-28 2019 Keystone Raptor 356 View Listings

We purchased a new 2019 Keystone Raptor this past May. Beautiful, but lots of problems with it. Kitchen sink water drains on the kitchen floor. Refrigerator did not cool under 59 degrees. Front door pops open. Toyhauler ramp would not close on one side. The 3 new Furrion TVs that came with the RV have never worked; dealer, TV manufacturer, and Keystone RV cannot figure out why they do not work. RV has been at the dealer for the entire time except for 13 days. It is still there..... our travel plans for summer and for the first month of Fall have been ruined. Will never purchase a Keystone product again. Now we are stuck with it! By the way, the dealer said they fixed our issues. We took it out for a weekend (next town to us) to only find out nothing was fixed. Had to take it back a 2nd time and it is still there today.
- Karen McGhee , Indiana

2019-09-23 2019 Keystone Carbon 357 View Listings

Brakes failed with about 60 miles on new unit. Completely shelled front right. 3 weeks to get parts from keystone with no update until the end. Freezer won’t freeze water even turned when turned up to max. Supposed to have the “extreme weather “ package and yet the A/Cs both running flat out can’t keep up. Glue on bathroom vanity, floor and shower. Loose trim, loose screws, cheap particle board cabinets. Raw board under bed with sharp edges just waiting to take out a shin. No way to run AV equipment cords behind tv. The clothes washer is plumbed into the black instead of grey water tank. All the exterior locks are corroded, so I don’t dare lock them. I am very disappointed with the Keystone Carbon.
- Royce Turner, Texas