Folding Trailers RVs Reviews (70)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Folding Trailers RVs Reviews and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of these RVs.

Stephen Blovat from Tennessee says:

Have you owned any Folding Trailers RVs? Write a review

Voted Most Helpful Review 2010 Forest River Rockwood High Wall HW296 View Listings

After only 3 years of use, my Rockwood HW 296 started to leak. The canvas, though cared for, clean, waxed began to leak. As well, the refrigerator just stopped working. I am second owner and spent 10,000 on this camper for mine and my families retirement after 24 years of military service. I had been away from family for over years total. This was my big purchase for a trip with my family out west. Guess who did not go out west? My family. I contacted Ray Brimmer, and Jacob carter from Rockwood and they told me it was my problem. Even though it was only 3 years old, the fact that I was not original owner voided warranty. TJ Snuggles who manufactures the canvas for Rockwood also would not do anything. The camper I just sold to buy this gem was 11 years old and did not leak ever, not even in a tropical storm in Destin, Florida, but my Rockwood High Wall 296 will soak through if you throw a cup of water on the canvas. Thanks for the great treatment Rockwood,mint is a pleasure serving money hungry, deceiving and miserable people such as yourselves. Do not buy a Rockwood. Trust me.
- Stephen Blovat, Tennessee

2019-09-24 2017 Forest River Rockwood 2280BHESP View Listings

I bought a 19’ Rockwood Extreme 2280BHESP in 2017 brand new fully loaded plus paid extra for upgrades. I have purchased it from Campers Inn RV. I had the worst experience with customer service and the whole entire team there. Do not purchase anything there. They act like they care until you purchase one of their campers. They are not willing to help anyone or care to make their customers satisfied. ‚ÄčIt started when I first purchased this camper and there were some items that needed replaced and fixed from the manufacture. Now I had heard Forest River was king of there product but I’m finding out myself that it’s not true. I picked up my camper hoping that everything was taking care of like the salesman promise and it wasn’t. Keep this in mind that this Campers Inn RV was an hour way from where I lived. So back and forth about 3 trips later everything was half A** taking care off. About almost a year later I started having additional issues. Roof was de-laminating and Rockwood awesome air flow fan was leaking water. Radio wasn’t secured in place “wasn’t installed properly”. Seams on the bed mattress where ripped. Steps are rusting already. Main door doesn’t fit properly when camper is level still. I can go on but I’m trying to make this short. I called the manufacture because the dealership didn’t want to do anything to help. Forest River said after seeing the pictures I sent that they will cover it. So, I went back to Campers Inn RV like an idiot and had them repair it. They were closer than the other dealership. The other one was 3 hours away and I don’t even have confidants they can do the work professionally. Eight months later when it should have taking 1 month they called and said it was done. I told them I’ll be down and I would like the camper to be open for inspection. I went down and nothing was completed. Wires were hanging down, radio was still not installed, mattress were replaced and ect .. It was not completed. After talking to the manager, I had to wait for another 2 hours for not even completed work. I had to do some of work at home. They blamed the manufacture on not shipping all the hardware that they needed and that’s why it took so long. If that’s true then shame on Rockwood. After a week my wife notice while cleaning the camper that we didn’t have any curtains on the one side of the camper. They didn’t install all the curtains when they replaced the roof. Now I’m angry and call Campers Inn RV and I ask them if they still had the curtains. They replied back that they didn’t take them. I didn’t say they did, I said they didn’t install them back in. They suggested to go get Walmart curtains. I wasn’t having it. Pete the manager said we will order you curtains but take these grey ones from one of the new models. Great gray and mine is brown, this don’t match at all. It’s been seven months now calling them and them not calling me, telling me that Rockwood keeps sending them the wrong curtains or didn’t send them yet. Campers Inn RV keeps promising me that they are ordering them next day and will send some one out to install them for free. I don’t have them yet and I expect better since I paid a large amount of money. Camper Inn RV is non customer care and only want your money. Forest River is a joke and I wish I didn’t choose that manufacture. I spent way too much money and only been camping eight times out of this whole unprofessional issue. Never again will I purchase anything from both of these parties. They will fill their pockets and leave you stranded.
- Darin Radwanski, Pennsylvania

2019-09-19 2018 Jayco Jay Sport 12UD View Listings

I recently purchased the a new 2018 Jayco jay series sport 12ud tent trailer from RV City in Morinville. It was meant to be a more budget friendly option in terms of gas and towing for my family to enjoy some camping this year without buying a larger trailer. Unfortunately it has had nothing but problems from the start and has become a regretful purchase. Upon our first camping trip: - 1 of the beds bowed (they are supposed to hold 1050 lbs) and we are a family of four with 2 young children. Our combined weight doesn't even amount to half of what it's capability states and we never all even slept on the same bed. Also the strapping on the other bed came off because it was only glued on and when they fixed it was stapled. - sink would not drain properly - fuse was not working - dinette table was warped Immediately after coming home we took the trailer to get everything fixed. Then a few weeks later we go on a trip again. - A baseboard falls off - the stove becomes warped after travel (it was slid in its proper travelling position when not in use at the time of damage) - the electrical switch on the outside of the trailer was extremely finicky and it was difficult to get power All this to say, this trailer is complete junk and made cheaply. To camp for a total of 8 days with the majority of our time simply spent sleeping and have all this go wrong in a brand new trailer is completely unacceptable.
- cody mclean, Alberta

2019-09-08 2010 Coleman Highlander Niagara 4433 View Listings

This trailer has been great. Very well made, very few issues. Best pop up you can get IMHO. We have been able to camp with 2 kids, 2 adults, and 2 100+ lbs dogs each. At night its a bit tight stepping over the dogs but otherwise great. We have been inside the camper as long as 4 days due to rain and no problems. No leaks. We were warm and had enough room to move around even while stuck inside for that long. Only reason we are selling is we are growing out of it.
- Olga, Arizona

2019-09-01 2019 Forest River Flagstaff SE T12BHSE View Listings

I really like the A-frame hard wall with kitchen shower toilet and the dormer as usual one thing I’ve noticed with all manufacturers of trailers and motorhomes to that fact quality control is lacking. I had to take it back to the dealer because every screw into the body was stripped the Pistons were starting to pull out from the body and they had to replace every body screw with larger screws. I think the factory needs to spend a little more time on quality control and slow down and Comply with your reputation as a quality trailer builder!
- Bob, Idaho

2019-08-23 2017 Aliner Ranger 10MPTLR View Listings

Everything you need in an easy to tow unit that sets up in less than a minute. Great for 1 or 2 people who enjoy the outdoors but want a hard sided tilt up for sleeping and getting out of the elements. I would highly recommend this trailer to anyone.
- Alex Ripley, Washington

2019-08-11 2016 Jayco Jay Series Sport 12HSB View Listings

Bought it used from a dealer like the little camper other then a few problems. Skylight and exhaust fan leak. Everything else seems to work great. It is easy to tow and has amazing storage space for a small camper. Will sleep 3 easy and 4 if needed.
- Buddy , Missouri

2019-08-07 2016 Aliner Aliner Scout View Listings

WE enjoy our Aliner Scout. It tows well and sets up quickly. A leak developed while towing the Aliner in the rain during the first year.For over 3 1/2 years we have been trying to get the leak fixed. The first authorized dealer fixed it 3 times and it still leaked. The second authorized dealer fixed it once and it still leaked. The factory then approved a repair utilizing an independent RV repair facility and they repaired it twice using Factory parts and it still leaks. I had to pay $110 for a portion of that repair. The factory is now recommending I take the Aliner back to the second authorized dealer(who already tried to fix it)and let them try again. I have towed the Aliner over 1,000 miles to the various repair facilities and I am not going to tow it another 400 plus miles for a fix by dealer who already tried to fix it once. I offered to fix it and release them from any further clains if they would pay for part of the repair up to $1,000. They refused. So now whenever we tow the Aliner and there is a possibility of rain we duct tape the area of the leak and protect the interior cushions.
- joe April, Florida

2019-08-07 2014 Aliner Aliner Expedition Toilet View Listings

I have only taken five trips with this RV and they all round trips between Atlanta, Georgia and Orlando, Florida of which we spent three to four days each time. I towed our Aliner Expediton, the largest model of A-Liner, behind my 2010 Ford F-150 truck each time and it was very easy. The things we like about the Aliner Expediton are even though it was the largest model, it fit in our garage and fits in fairly small sites giving more sites to choose from. The setting up and taking it down could be done in minutes. Unlike any of the other RV's we've had setting up and taking down does not cranking cables, which can break, nor does it take power of plugging in, which may not be available, or batteries, which not be sufficiently charged, as they manually easily life up and down. It has plenty or room for two full size adults (I am about 6 foot, 4 inches tall, my spouse is 5 foot, 9 inches tall) and two children, or two fair size adults). Also when set up the interior has great head room for my height. For its size it has a huge amount of storage space. My wife like that all the windows are tinted providing good degree of daytime privacy and of course they have covers for nighttime privacy. We also liked the dual LP tanks, the AM-FM radio has both internal and external speakers, the included portable LP gas grill that hooks on the outside with gas line hook-up and the special ordered built in cable tv hook-up. The only thing we did not like was that the thermostat for the air conditioning is located under a small counter extension lid which can be raised and lower and when lowered it covers the thermostat. The Como RV centers in two locations in the Orlando, Florida area have been great in maintaining our Aliner, always willing to answer our questions we have. Every time we have set up in a campground we always have had a number of "neighbors" express a lot of interest in our Aliner.
- richardpfehr@hotmail.com, Georgia

2019-08-03 2018 Coachmen Clipper Express 180 View Listings

First weekend out it rained, the canvas leaked everywhere. Took it back to the rv shop. Repairs made to the seams. 3rd trip out with it I went to fold it up to move to my next site and the hinge had rusted and seized. Back to the rv shop, they've given me a loaner of the same type (which also leaks), I've now had it for a month waiting to find out what is happening with mine.
- Lisa, Ontario

2019-08-01 2018 Forest River Flagstaff 21DMHW View Listings

We used our trailer on several local short trips, 5 to 7 days, before our latest trip of 6 weeks an 5 days. This trailer towed great, with an average of 14.9 mph for 4650 miles. I drive a 2018 Chev. Silverado 1500 pickup. The unit sets up easy an has lots of outside storage. We stayed in private parks, KOA parks, an with the units hard side walls we could have stayed in national parks. Our trip took us to Ruidoso NM, Springerville AZ, Camp Verde Az, San Diego Ca. Flagstaff Az, Panguitch Ut, Grand Junction Co, Pueblo Co, Quartz Mountain State Park Okla then home. All of our stops had full hook ups except Ok. We utilized our portable holding tank for our gray water, the toilet has it's own tank. The appliances operated very well, we had to turn the refer to max during air Arizona stays to keep the food cold, the AC had to work overtime to keep the inside cool. With out side temps at or over 100 in Az. I think it did quite well. All of our other sites were in the 80's an the AC worked great, Okla was a little tough at 105 but we utilized a medium size fan to move the air in the unit an it did better than Az. The inside stove top does work but has never been used, because I do all of the cooking outside when camping, the wife loves it. I have a couple of Quick-up awnings I use for shade to cook under an lounge under.
- Ed Long, Texas

2019-07-30 2017 Forest River Flagstaff Hard Side T12RBST View Listings

It's a great little rv .I hate. to sale it.can't beat it for towing.ac works great,heater too.for a small fridge it will holds alot.the hard sides let's you be able to go eny where.its safer too.it is better in wind lots better then canvas.
- Claude, California

2019-06-26 2014 Aliner Aliner Scout Parks Package View Listings

Awesome Rv all the way around, this unit tows well and you wouldn't even know its behind you. Never had any problems with mine and no issues with leaks at all. If your looking for a simple unit with no problems this is it.
- Al Wood, Indiana

2019-06-12 2019 Forest River Rockwood Hard Side High Wall A213HW View Listings

Do not let the cute design fool you. Unless you prefer visits to the repair shop over camping, do not purchase one of these (looks like the "premier" line is the same). These are poorly constructed - not just lower grade materials, but lack of good assembly. We've had leaks in the ceiling fan, the kitchen bump, the window over the beds. The screw in the two of the jacks bowed. Every trip is now tainted with the fear something else will be faulty. Such a shame because the original design is excellent but until Forest River steps up and fixed the manufacturing process, we can not recommend purchase. Also note - I have contacted Forest River Inc directly concerning our disappointment and I know we have been assigned to a customer service rep. We have NOT heard from that rep.
- WantstoTravelmore, Wisconsin

2019-06-09 2017 Aliner Aliner Explorer View Listings

We used this camper several times. It towed very easy. Set up only took 20 minutes. The 8’ ceiling makes it very roomy inside and the air conditioner cooled the trailer off quickly even in the Florida summer and when we went camping in November the furnace keep the trailer warm.
- Keith Robbins, Florida

2019-06-09 2016 Coachmen Viking 2485SST View Listings

This RV tows very well. Two people can set it up in about half an hour. Heater,stove and fridge work well. Easy to take down when done camping. All in all a good camping experience for beginners or those with experience.
- Terry Riemenschneider , Michigan

2019-05-19 2008 Fleetwood Americana Utah View Listings

Love camping -- have had many folding campers over the last 40 years. The Utah has one of the best floor plans and holds an extended family. It's easy to set up and beds are very comfortable. Love sleeping out and unzipping the windows for a night breeze. It's the best way to travel as a family.
- Ken, Pennsylvania

2019-05-10 2011 Coachmen Clipper 109 View Listings

Great camper! Compact but A LOT of storage. I looked for a long time for a camper w/ AC, heat, fridge, sink and stove for our family. Purchased out of state because they are hard to find. I also wanted a camper that was easy enough for me (a mom) to be able to tow, set up and break down w/o the hubs and just the kids and this is perfect! Small enough to be able to store indoors (garage).
- Graham Crackers, Illinois

2019-03-22 2018 Forest River Rockwood ESP 2280BHESP View Listings

Tows flawlessly with 2008 Ford Expedition. Living space is perfect for 2 adults and 3 kids. Floor plan allowed for easy access to all appliances. Overall quality is perfect. No issues with the build quality.
- Charles, New Jersey

2019-02-28 2018 Forest River Rockwood Hard Side High Wall A214HW View Listings

DON’T BUY THIS POP UP. The roof motor is under-powered and eventually dies. We’ve gone through two in one year and are still waiting for help from Rockwood Forest River to find a stronger motor. No-one has responded to our messages and so we are unable to use it as it’s too heavy to raise manually. VERY DISAPPOINTED WITH CUSTOMER SERVICE. WILL BE CONTACTING BBB SOON.
- Jackie Hewett, Florida

2019-02-24 2018 Forest River Rockwood Hard Side High Wall A214HW View Listings

We purchased our pop up from Orlando RV and would not recommend using this dealership as we had nothing but bad service. The RV itself is great for weekends if only they had given it a strong enough motor to raise the roof. It never worked efficiently from the start and eventually died under warranty. The new one was still the 12 V 20 W motor and just couldn’t raise it without a struggle and also died on us. We were told by Orlando RV that this was a common weakness in this model and to try a broom handle. As my husband is sick, I tried pushing it up but it nearly killed me. I contacted Forest River but heard nothing back from them. DONT BUY THIS UNTIL THEY GIVE IT A BIGGER MOTOR.
- Jackie, Florida

2019-02-19 2015 Columbia Northwest Somerset MESA View Listings

A solid pup with all the bells & whistles. Weekend warrior and traveled each day to new destinations for 2 weeks at a time. Easy to tow, solid roof lift construction. Perfect for young families and primitive camping. Add a solar panel and gray water tank. Sold it for a hybrid and regretted it!
- Melanie Weiler, Pennsylvania

2019-01-20 1985 Jayco Jayco 1207 View Listings

I bought it new and stored it inside the life of the trailer. I have traveled miles with it and had no brake downs in 34 years. I feel the the model I have is the best layout and equipped for a popup they have ever made. It is actually a J-King 6 not the 1207.I have had issues with the lift system and with the lifetime warranty Jayco took care of the problem without any hesitation.
- Richard C Hensley, Illinois

2019-01-19 2010 Chalet RV Chalet XL 1930 View Listings

We loved the ease of setup with the Chalet RV. It was consistently wonderful to drive into a site and be set up in less than 10 minutes! We found the folding camper to be more weatherproof and warmer than a tent trailer, although not completely airtight. The fold up shower is functional and the indoor toilet is the main reason we bought this model. We are very impressed with the Chalet company and their customer support, as well as their commitment to building a quality product.
- John Hakes, Oregon

2019-01-10 2016 Forest River Flagstaff Hard Side High Wall T21TBHW View Listings

We've lived in this RV full-time for over a year and it's been a great experience. When we first got it we drove to the dealership in Red Bay AL and they were great. What I love most about it are: lots of windows, great storage space and the very attractive, functional and well-built interior. *for some reason the only choice above was Gas but this camper is Diesel.
- Karen Grace, South Dakota