Toy Haulers Reviews (118)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Toy Haulers and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of these RVs.

Stacy Lacroix from Ontario says:

Have you owned any Toy Haulers? Write a review

Voted Most Helpful Review 2015 Riverside RV White Water 827 View Listings

I have the same issue. Walls swelled and water has gotten into walls and front storage compartment. Not covered by warranty and only used for 2 weeks. Now unable to enjoy it as ill have to see what i can salvage and repair before it gets worse. The dealer is trying to work with me on it but riverside rv is not corporating with us. It new and i have never seen this before in my life as with technology today this should never happen. I want my money back. If only you can see a list of crap i found and needed to be fixed or replace. It would not fit in this review. The camper should be yellow when it is sold. (Lemon)
- Stacy Lacroix, Ontario

2019-06-14 2018 Forest River Sandstorm 211SLC View Listings

Great starter RV - has all the capabilities the big RV's have, quality build would recommend to anybody interested in camping in general, especially dry camping. Have had no issues with anything at all in this RV! an overall great rig
- wgolden@live.com, Arizona

2019-06-05 2017 Heartland Cyclone CY 4250 View Listings

Purchased our toy hauler in 2017 and have had nothing but issues. Currently our whole living and kitchen floor is soft. Contacted our extended warranty company and they did a pressure test and said it was a manufactures defect. Heartland will take no responsibility for this. Called numerous times, sent pictures and even offered to drive the unit to them to be fixed. This is not the only issue we have had with the camper. We had to have both AC's replaced, the kitchen sink completely fell out, but all of this was replaced under our extended warranty thank goodness. However, now we are left with a $10,000 bill to replace the sub-flooring and flooring so we can use our camper. Needless to say we are getting a lawyer. Please do your research and check out other manufacturers. If Heartland will not stand behind and do what is right for their defects on a camper that costed over $75,000 do you really want to do business with them? Buyers please beware!!!!!!!
- Patti Paull, Texas

2019-05-28 2009 Damon Outlaw 3611 View Listings

This absolutely gorgeous RV. Has room for all your needs. The RV has a queen bed upstairs along with pull out couch/ sleeper and table area is also a sleeping area . The RV also has room in back to haul toys. You won’t have to haul them behind.
- Wendy Dickinson, California

2019-05-21 2016 Forest River Cherokee 22RR Limited View Listings

I would rate Forrest River as a 5 star product. I love this toy Hauler but the layout just did not suit our needs / plans. Yes I bought a bigger one. This trailer has better features that my new trailer does not. With a dry weight of 4871 it’s so easy to pull with my 1/2 ton pickup I don’t bother using the anti sway bar. Yes the gas mileage will suck but the ride is smooth. I would say this is a perfect trailer for someone single or married that likes to travel and take their bike also. I’m only giving this one up cause I can’t keep 2 but it’s not going to be given away either.
- Tim Turner, Florida

2019-05-16 2015 Forest River Work and Play 28VFB View Listings

First of all there IS NO QUALITY ASSURANCE. We have had NOTHING BUT TROUBLE with this RV. Numerous roof leaks, water leaking around the toilet, a wall that is starting to buckle, trim coming loose along the wall and ceiling, metal trim on the outside of the camper coming loose, light switches that weren’t even installed straight. There’s times the entrance door will come open while going down the road. Rubber trim along the edges of the cabinets don’t even go to the end of the cabinet. Honestly I wouldn’t buy another Forest River RV. They are over priced for the sloppy workmanship and quality. My opinion if you’re looking at buying and RV, STAY AWAY from Forest River. And one more thing, apparently Forest River RV is bad enough that it hard to find anyone who wants to work on them
- Glenn Snyder, Kansas

2019-05-12 2018 Travel Lite Falcon Toy Hauler View Listings

I traveled 600 miles to buy a new travel lite camper. We were sure it was the right one after doing extensive research. We found the quality of the campers to be of the lowest quality!!! Poor materials, screws coming out, decals coming off, seams not sealed, warped bathroom door, leaking roof etc. All the campers I checked were of the same quality. Sooo disappointed and now the search goes on.
- Gary Stevens , Maine

2019-05-08 2014 Keystone Fuzion 371 View Listings

Over all it looks nice but we had 37 issues in the shop for four months waiting for Keystone to prove him they do united about 90% second year we had to have the roof replaced Front air conditioner split the vinyl on both sides camping world of Florida said they fix two other ones 2014’s but Keystone would not fix ours wanted to replace front 10 feet and seam it brand new on the way to Florida you bolt come loose leafspring fell out shifted axle against my jacks in the back ripped the tire up left her stranded in Detroit Michigan I would not recommend anybody In their right mind to buy any Keystone product It’s not the joy of camping it’s a headache I would like to see all these RV shows for people by the trailers and are so happy why don’t they bring them people back and interview him after they own them for a couple months getting back to the roof I called the manufacturer that makes the Rough product they told me Keystone was aware of the problem and they asked them how they could correct it but they had Man over at Keystone said he had no problems with them so if you want to deal with people that lie to you then buy a keystone product
- william johns, Florida

2019-05-07 2017 Coachmen Freedom Express 257BHS View Listings

Absolutely loved having this as my temporary home. It was big enough to function like a normal house but cozy enough to keep me as a minimalist. Great quality and value. I couldn't ask for anything more.
- Tara Diaz , California

2019-04-27 2013 Keystone Fuzion 300 View Listings

enjoyed hooking up and heading out with trailer to the country so my son could take his dirt bike out & ride he has out grown his bike my wife & me have decide to retire and sale our trailer its a 2013 toy hauler be Keystone trailers
- Curtis Morrison, Arizona

2019-04-14 2017 Pacific Coachworks Blaze'N 24FS View Listings

Only have 1 star because there is not a 0 option We purchased this trailer in June of 2017. Returned it with minor fixes like bedroom door wouldn't latch, shower curtain snaps broke, screen door fell apart, valence fell off wall, decals falling off and looked to be some leaking issues. Was told by selling shop the floor was cut to big so it bubbled in the corner. Ok they fixed other said issues. Returned it February 2019 Over a year old now and out of warranty. The tailgate is leaking rusty water and storage space is wet. After inspection and pressure test they find it to be a manufacture defect and the whole damn thing is leaking. Now 1200 into it and 4000 and up to fix 4×4 area of floor. Tear apart nose cone, remove cabinets and the list goes on. 40,000 and we have a piece of crap, moldy,rotten trailer and the manufacturer said "out of warranty to bad" The worst customer service I have ever dealt with!!! So talking with the dealer they had 4 in the service department at the same time with the exact same issue. Plus he was doing a walk through showing and the blazen was leaking in the same areas as ours. We traded in our piece of crap for another brand and lessons learned in what to look for. The dealer took care of us with minimal loss. My advise is run!!!
- susan mcpherson, Washington

2019-04-12 2016 Jayco Seismic 4212 View Listings

Our family has loved our Jayco ToyHauler 4212. We bought brand new in 2016 and the Jayco customer service has been great along with the quality of the trailer has been outstanding. Overall great trailer and we have lived full time in this trailer for over 6 months while our new place was being built and it was never too cramped for my family of 9. We go camping quite frequently and this trailer has been the talk of the town with all of it's Underbelly LEDs and patios.
- Stacia, South Carolina

2019-04-10 2007 Damon Outlaw 3611 View Listings

We love our RV only selling to downsize. Drives great and dash air is good and cool. Good mirror visibility and backup camera. It has a manual 20' awning that is almost new. Also has automatic leveling jacks. Excellent Condition.
- David A Whitaker, Tennessee

2019-04-10 2018 Jayco North Point 385THWS View Listings

Jayco 2018 North Point 385 THWS bought new July 2018 Summary and comments: 1. Jayco has failed at almost every levels, with detail finish quality, service, and most of all, response time. Our Jayco dealer has been trying for 7 calendar days to get the 110 volt electrical schematic from Jayco so that the 110 volt wiring can be checked. I will give Jayco a 1 star out of 5 for the reasons listed below. 2. I asked by phone, the Jayco service people for a managers Email so I could submit this report. I received no contact info. 3. I am thankful that I have the expertise, shop, and the tools to make this unit function. This Jayco unit should have been sold with the following disclaimer “some final assembly required, electrical and construction experience highly recommended. Tools required are general assembly and electrical trouble shooting tools”. Item issues list when camper was new and still on dealer lot. 1. TV would not stand up straight when raised. Track is too short. (still needs to be fixed) 2. Trim on front of fire place fell off during delivery to dealer. (dealer fixed) 3. Bottom seals on rear slide were not even installed. You could see daylight when viewing the slide from inside. (I had to get seals and fix myself) 4. Drawer in bedroom would not close completely. (dealer fixed) 5. Dining table not connected to floor securely. (dealer fixed) 6. Window blind in bedroom would not go up. (I fixed) 7. 110 volt inverter would not come on when shore line was unplugged. This we did not know till on the road. 8. 110 volt wiring for the refrigerator, residential refrigerator, was incorrectly wired at the factory. They had run the inverter power to a wall plug rather than the refrigerator. Jayco could not get a wiring schematic to the dealer in seven days. I called each day. Even the dealer called Jayco and got no service. The dealer and I are still waiting. It has been seven days so I assume they will never answer. One must finally just give up! 9. Most all of the screws that Jayco used to put the floor down in the generator bay were twisted off at the factory. The twisted off heads were still laying in the compartment. (Again I fixed this issue) 10. Rear access door latch screw was twisted off at the factory. 11. Suction hose to water pump is not the type of hose for suction service. This resulted in the hose collapsing when it came time to winterize the unit. The pump could not suck the antifreeze because it collapsed. (I fixed by replacing with a hose designed for suction). 12. Bath room cabinet door was warped. This resulted in the door not wanting to close unless you pushed on the center of the door as you closed it. (I fixed as the door needs three hinges because of its length). 13. Strip lighting on front door awing fell out 3 times. 14. The storage door just above the black water drain is where one would expect to store the sewer hose and other dirty smelly items. This compartment is also not sealed from the main camper. (I fixed myself) Jayco poor engineering and design issues: 1. Front camper door is too close to the front movable awning arm. This results in a bent door, and door frame, if you retract the awning when the door is latched, with Jayco supplied latch, in the open position. 2. Jayco supplies an 18,000 pound rated hitch on a 19,000 pound rated trailer. This rate listing is per the decals supplied by Jayco on the camper and hitch. 3. Manual slide retract access hole in frame is not in line with manual slide out mechanism. As a result if you need to manually retract the slide due to a failure, you cannot insert the tool provided to reach the mechanism required. 4. Garage is not sealed from the rest of the camper. Any smell or fumes from the garage can enter living quarters. (I have installed seals and now the garage door can be open without getting bugs into the camper) 5. A vent with no screen in the garage runs to the outside resulting in that the garage is not sealed from the outside allowing bugs and other small critters in. The vent opening is large enough for a snake to crawl in. Anything that gets into the garage can then get into the camper. (I added a screen so that bugs and other larger critters cannot enter the camper.
- Alan Bergkamp, Kansas

2019-04-08 2018 Jayco North Point 385THWS View Listings

Jayco 2018 North Point 385 THWS bought new July 2018 We have had our new 2018 North Point Jayco 385 THWS for 10 months now. Here is a list of the issues and performance of this $80,000 unit. Item issues list when camper was new and still on dealer Harper Camper Land Great Bend Kansas. 1. TV would not stand up straight when raised. Track is too short. (still needs to be fixed) 2. Trim on front of fire place fell off during delivery to dealer. (dealer fixed) 3. Bottom seals on rear slide were not even installed. You could see daylight when viewing the slide from inside. (I had to get seals and fix myself) 4. Drawer in bedroom would not close completely. (dealer fixed) 5. Dining table not connected to floor secure. (dealer fixed) 6. Window blind in bedroom would not go up. (I fixed) 7. 110 volt inverter would not come on when shore line was unplugged. This we did not know till on the road. 8. 110 volt wiring for the refrigerator, residential refrigerator, was incorrectly wired at the factory. They had run the inverter power to a wall plug rather than the refrigerator. Jayco could not get a wiring schematic to the dealer in seven days. I called each day. Even the dealer called Jayco and got no service. The dealer and I are still waiting. It has been seven days so I assume they will never answer. One must finally just give up! 9. Most all of the screws that Jayco used to put the floor down in the generator bay were twisted off at the factory. The twisted off heads were still laying in the compartment. (Again I fixed this issue) 10. Rear access door latch screw was twisted off at the factory. 11. Suction hose to water pump is not the type of hose for suction service. This resulted in the hose collapsing when it came time to winterize the unit. The pump could not suck the antifreeze because it collapsed. (I fixed by replacing with a hose designed for suction). 12. Bath room cabinet door was warped. This resulted in the door not wanting to close unless you pushed on the center of the door as you closed it. (I fixed as the door needs three hinges because of its length). 13. Strip lighting on front door awing fell out 3 times. 14. The storage door just above the black water drain is where one would expect to store the sewer hose and other dirty smelly items. This compartment is also not sealed from the main camper. (I fixed myself) Jayco poor engineering and design issues: 1. Front camper door is too close to the front movable awning arm. This results in a bent door, and door frame, if you retract the awning when the door is latched, with Jayco supplied latch, in the open position. 2. Jayco supplies an 18,000 pound rated hitch on a 19,000 pound rated trailer. This rate listing is per the decals supplied by Jayco on the camper and hitch. 3. Manual slide retract access hole in frame is not in line with manual slide out mechanism. As a result if you need to manually retract the slide due to a failure, you cannot insert the tool provided to reach the mechanism required. 4. Garage is not sealed from the rest of the camper. Any smell or fumes from the garage can inter living carters. (I have installed seals and now the garage door can be open without getting bugs into the camper) 5. A vent with no screen in the garage runs to the outside resulting in that the garage is not sealed from the outside allowing bugs and other small critters in. The vent opening is large enough for a snake to crawl in. Anything that gets into the garage can then get into the camper. (I added a screen so that bugs and other larger critters cannot enter the camper. First major road trip issue: 1. With the camper only one month old, we took a simple 232 mile trip to Kearney Nebraska. When ready to leave the kitchen slide would not come in. A Jayco dealer was only a half mile from the camp ground, Apache Camper Center Kearney Nebraska. This is the basic conversation and actions required with them. I think this is another example where Jayco does not support its dealers. Why should a Jayco customer need to call in to get approval? Do they not trust the Jayco dealers? a. Me: I went to the dealer telling them the issue on this new camper of the slide not coming in and asked for assistance. b. Jayco dealer: Bring it in and we will look at it. c. Me: I cannot bring it in as the slide is stuck in the out position but I am only a half mile away, can you come look. d. Jayco dealer: We cannot go out without Jayco approval and you are the one required to get that approval. Here is the number for you to call and when you get an approval number come back and we will go look if they approve.
- Alan Bergkamp, Kansas

2019-04-02 2016 Jayco Seismic 4212 View Listings

Tows beautifully. Great layout, beautiful design. The windows & porches allow so much light to flood in. It’s beautiful to take anywhere & has two full baths along with tons of sleeping. Tvs everywhere!
- Louise S., Florida

2019-03-04 2018 Dutchmen Voltage 3970 View Listings

Let me just start by saying stay as far away from Keystone/Dutchman as you can! I have had a solid year of nothing but leaks and shoddy workmanship. Now my unit is in the shop yet again with a leak in the bed room slide that is so wet that it has grown mold so thick that it looks like spray foam insulation. I have been waiting for over a month while the dealership deals with Keystone/Dutchman so today I decided to call myself. It was very clear from the phone call that the manufacturer is more interested in trying to make this issue my fault instead of standing behind their product and getting my RV back on the road. I traded a 2008 Dutchman that was not manufactured by Keystone that was a great unit, it is clear now that all the all the unfavorable remarks I have heard about Keystone is completely true and I can't wait to get this unit back so that I can immediately get rid of it! I am in hopes that I can find a class action law suit to join against Keystone or possibly start one! So please hear this warning DO NOT BUY A KEYSTONE BUILT RV!!!!
- Neil Castles, North Carolina

2019-03-02 2015 Livin Lite Quicksilver VRV 8.5x30 View Listings

First of all our camper we bought fits all of our needs. It pulls good Just a great all around durable camper. Until The siding started to come off. In 2016, Its was put on with double sided tape. Now keep in mind we paid $32000.00 for a camper that we liked at the end of 2015 with a 3 yr workmanship warranty. In the meantime KZ bought Livin Lite. So I started the process in 2016 With everyone In Customer Service at KZ when they would answer the phone or emails. After getting an estimate from a local RV Repair shop as they asked (KZ is 1200 miles away from me) for 7700.00 dollars. KZ Customer service decide to come get it in March 2017.After a week and several phone calls I finally got Customer Service Rep to see if they had gotten my camper. After 5 1/2 months in their repair shop and was promised 2 months. Still no one answers the phone or emails in Customer Service after they know you have a problem. So I called Thor Industries(which owns KZ) they put me in touch with the VP of KZ nice guy. After he got involved in the repair I just knew things where looking up. Was I wrong!To Cut it short. It came back worst than before it had left. They replace all the siding on Left side 4sheets on Right new decals on Left side and the decals on right side are green and gray suppose to match left side which is all gray. It was deliver back with the front moldings flapping in the wind scuffed up the sides and the new siding It was already loose from the stud walls which affects the sutural integrity. So I call The VP and he said he would make it good. Go ahead and take delivery of it. well we still can't use it, still making payments and its still in the yard. So I have a choice Lawyers or Repairs can't afford both. Its a shame that multi million dollar companies get your hard earned money and just don't care. All I ever asked to repair our camper back so we could enjoy it. Just Beware!!Do your research before buying any rv or anything Check Reviews and Believe what you READ.
- Larry, Alabama

2019-02-14 2017 Heartland Road Warrior 427RW View Listings

A little over a year owning this and so far I've had major issues with the inverter box the microwave in the refrigerator I've called and asked if there's any lemon laws but Heartland just fell on deaf ears in all this I found really dangerous design flaws could cause fires like an inverter box located within a foot from a lot of water lines the refrigerator design is for drainage is non-existent I had to put that in the products are very poorly designed engineered and manufactured and then they're asked to compare them to an $80,000 home obviously there's no comparison but I'm asking you to take it to the square foot price I'm in a 400 square-foot place that's $200 a square foot I paid for that I've got no land involved so there's no lot purchase their $200 a square foot gets a nice house build
- Robert knudson, California

2019-02-01 2017 Thor Motor Coach Outlaw 37BG View Listings

I have this same RV and it's fantastic. Fits my family and a bunch of friends comfortably. Has a great amount of space, tons of storage, and very dependable. Love mine and wouldn't change it for any other options out there!
- Thom Jones, California

2019-01-22 2018 Heartland Pioneer R26 View Listings

After numerous trips to and from camping world Lake city fl we chose to fix a lot of the problems our self roof leak, water heater, electric, furnace plumbing issues I wouldn't recommend this company to anyone camping world in lake city fl either
- Shirley stickles , Florida

2019-01-20 2018 Forest River Vengeance 314A12 View Listings

Love camping, bought my first 5th wheel toy hauler. A 2018 39’ forest river Vengeance. Out of the 7 months I’ve had it, it’s been in the shop for about 2.5 months for repairs. Slide hydraulic pumps are leaking and have been waiting for a month to be shipped. The dealer still has not received them from Forest River. This trailer looks nice but don’t let looks fool you. It’s constant maintenance to keep it together. Everything on this trailer falls apart and it’s almost impossible to get the parts shipped from Forest River to the dealer. Here I am making payments on this thing and can’t even use it because it’s always in the shop waiting for parts. Poor build quality, will not buy from Forest River again
- Lance , Utah

2019-01-13 2014 Keystone Outback 310TB View Listings

Very roomy and comfortable. Big bedroom, nice for changing clothes, making bed. Kitchen and living area is open layout, lots of room for friends and family. The outside range is great for cooking on when it is too hot to cook inside! Outside shower is great for kids and pets. There is an outside hook-up available for a gas BBQ or portable fire for great evening ambience.
- Wendy LeGare, British Columbia

2019-01-10 2015 Thor Motor Coach Outlaw 37LS View Listings

We like the RV floor plan and we like the overall size of the unit. The included gas grill that hooks up to the RV propane tank is nice. However, on our first trip the electric part of the water heater would not work, both awning end covers fell off, the entry steps would not go down, the HDMI cord from the Blu-Ray was broken and the cab fuse box cover would not stay on. While parked at our home, the front shade curtain and the entire support fell onto the dash and the left, rear leveling jack started leaking. On our second trip, the self leveling stopped working, the radio/rear camera stopped working and the front curtain was still not working even though it had been reinstalled. While driving in a steady rain at 60 mph we discovered a high pitch squeal coming from in front of the driver. Not wipers! We had some leaks during heavy rain and we also noticed that the rear gel coat is cracking. There are several other small issues that we have taken care of ourselves. Our unit has been at the dealer more than we have had it. We may have just gotten a lemon, but I would not recommend or every purchase another Thor product.
- Michael SEYMOUR, North Carolina

2019-01-06 2015 Thor Motor Coach Outlaw 37LS View Listings

We hauled a cam am Spyder motor cycle in the garage to complete our Route 66 trips.Garage was nice during rainy weather esp with dogs cause we could enter garage and keep the living area much cleaner. When daughter and grandson traveled with us they had their own bedroom with TV, radio, AC, and door. Plenty of sleeping spots available. Dinette large enough to play cards with 4 people and dining too. When just an overnight stay - didn't put out the slide and yet the large TV slides out for full view. Access to all with slide in- refrig, bathroom, sinks, food, etc.
- Bonnie, Texas