Toy Hauler

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Toy Hauler RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Jaz Fowco from Texas says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2015 Forest River Wolf Pup 17RP View Listings

This trailer is a piece of junk, poorly constructed, everything has quit working at one point or another, grey & black water leaks into underliner, don't buy one of these, on second thought don't buy from Forest River if they will sell something like this
- Jaz Fowco, Texas

2021-06-11 2020 Winnebago Spyder 23FS View Listings

This trailer was made on a friday for sure. Horrible fit and finish compared to any other i've owned. Stove trim fell off, twice Some Led lights last 5-10 hours only. brutal. Brake lights fill up with condensation Grey tank valve handle fell off black tank valve handle fell off Kitchen spigot falls loose during trips and flys all over the place, you need to find a clamp to keep it in place. That caused water damage when I left the pump on, but they're fixing that issue.... Reclining chairs, bolts keep falling out x6 electrical outlet pulled from mount/paneling rear heat outlet pulled from mount/paneling Fuel system pump hose pinched off due to how they mounted the pump. No gas comes out. Repair pending. At least the generator works. 3 of the drawers were opening during transit, poor latch system Top bunk mattress ends up hanging half off of bed every trip. almost damaged cabinet glass once. leak under washroom sink. they fixed that one. leak beside hot water heater, I tightened the connection. so far so good. This is a Winnebago, supposedly top of the line name??? Shouldn't have passed a PDI anywhere Almost scared to strap a motorbike inside it......
- Tim Hart, Alberta

2021-06-01 2021 Grand Design Momentum G-Class 21G View Listings

Ok folks my wife and I purchased a Momentum 31G toy hauler about two weeks ago and took it out for a trial run this last week. We went dry camping in the white mountains of AZ. I had always believed from what I saw and read that Grand design put out a superior product. If this product is superior then Im glad I didn't go lesser. let me start by saying the freshwater tanks do not fill correctly, they have rerouted what drains into which tanks? meaning there definition of grey water is not what mine is and have become accustomed to. The furnace does not work correctly. And we need that here in NM winters. The outside patio landing railing are tweaked and need to be reworked. The backsplash is coming off the wall in the kitchen area. There are a few more minor things. My thing is with the reputation that Grand Design has and the money it takes to get one you like and will work for you, you would think things would work. I can tell you this "Things are not make like the used to be". is it just were we have gotten or is it the demand has so overwhelmed the supply? I bought this unit to enjoy and use it. not to spend my time in the shop for repairs. And even that the nearest shop to us is 2hrs away and they say its a 3mnth waiting list. One more thing this unit is almost a 36 ft tounge pull and let me tell you "be prepared to deal with sway issues" never experienced anything like this in my life. but for the money I spent I have to make it work. Not one person in Maint. or sales said a word about this condition. This is not very good PR work. The dealership said My ball/hitch height and the weight distribution hitch were good to go. "No Flippin Way" they were 3.5 inches off..."Scared the Hell out of us".
- Steven Butter, New Mexico

2021-05-13 2020 Forest River Cherokee Wolf Pack 365PACK16 View Listings

Shortly after purchase main slide started leaking real bad water puddled behind couch. Found large manufacturing screw through the roof. Water did significant structure damage. We live in RV full time. They wanted to take it for several months to try to repair it instead of replacing product. Warranty dept lies by saying “I’ll have to speak to a supervisor” but they never do won’t return calls or emails.
- Jon Pell, Kentucky

2021-05-08 2020 Keystone Outback 240URS View Listings

The RV is great...easy to tow..easy to hook up.cute barnwood look, sliding barn door closes toy hauler from main living..cold air, warm heat, big kitchen sink. Hook up for TV outside, in bunk room too. Looks very nice lit up at night. I'm building a house soon and just won't get to use it enough..needs a fun family that likes a place to take toys along...4 wheeler and such..you won't be disappointed with this.
- Angela K Hughes, Texas

2021-05-03 2011 Eclipse Attitude 25FS View Listings

Owned a 2011 for years.. Leaking and delamination issues have been an issue within the first year-- and has continued to be an issue.. Terrible construction.. Would never recommend an Eclipse product..
- Dana cline, Colorado

2021-05-03 2017 Jayco Octane ZX T31B View Listings

I'd give them a zero if that were an option. Our shower started leaking after the first time we took it out. It has been in the shop for the leak 6 times and the problem continues. The problem seems to be a design flaw. I emailed jayco and asked them to help. The shower has been resealed several times and the shower frame and door was even replaced and continues to leak from the same area. I asked Jayco to help and they said they would review our service records. They wrote back and said the problem wasn't found until after the two year warranty expired so they wouldn't help. I got a copy of all of the service records from the dealer and it turns out the dealership found and attempted to repair the leak before the trailer was delivered to us when it was new. Then we brought it back a few months after we purchased it because we noticed the leak. The trailer was in the shop 5 times for the leak during the 2 year warranty period and again after the 2 year warranty expired. I emailed all of the service records to Jayco and they wrote back and said their decision stands that they will not assist with fixing the leak. What a disappointment. The shower clearly has a design flaw that leaks and Jayco will not stand by their product. The dealer we bought from no longer sells Jayco products. Clearly they are not a dependable company. I would not recommend buying their products.
- Heather E McAlexander, California

2021-04-25 2021 Genesis Supreme Powerlite 2414LE View Listings

Interested in this toy hauler I’m in Hemet please contact me at my email would love to go see it if possible Monday after work we been searching for one for quite a while and we love the one we seen at your place thank you for your time
- Manuel beltran, California

2021-04-15 2018 Grand Design Momentum M-Class 388M View Listings

We bought ours new and have had it 3 years. We upgraded ours with 8 T-105 batteries and a 3000 watt inverter. We boondock a lot out west, Colorado, Arizona and all places in between. It is an awesome Rig and no complaints. Lots of storage and we haul a 4 seat side by side in the 14’ garage. I believe it’s hands down the best toy hauler on the market today!!!
- Robert Chipps, Missouri

2021-04-12 2018 Jayco Octane 210 View Listings

We have enjoyed the hauler a lot. Took it on a couple of adventures and had great times. Met with good people. We lived in it for a few months while we were waiting for our new house. We went through a couple of cold spells and we faired well. Towing was great. It's long and you must remember to give yourself room to turn. Sets up easy. Awning is always nice too. We are selling because of declining health. So pick up a very lightly used toyhauler at a good price. Also has solar panel wiring so you can hook up a panel to camp without electricity.
- Richard Gaer, Colorado

2021-04-05 2021 Forest River Salem FSX 210RT Platinum View Listings

We bought this as our first Toyhauler. The weather was nasty when we bought it and we were crunched on time so we didn't look at it as well as we should have and they didn't have time to prep it as well as they should have. Only major complaint, the engineer that designed the sewer drain placement needs fired. It's way to far forward and way to low so it drags on even the smallest incline going in and out of a driveway. They didn't bother cleaning up after themselves at all during manufacturing so every time you open a cabinet or vent saw dust and Styrofoam comes flying out. It looks nice until you see how poorly they screwed things together. There's glue drippings hanging 6 inches off all the pipes. The welds on all the aluminum were still covered with black soot. They could definitely use some QC instead of just slapping them together as fast as possible to get them out the door. To be expected, but the mattress on the bed is horrible. I wouldn't use it as a dog bed. All in all, it's on the low end of the market so it's not going to be as high quality as a trailer 2-3x the price. I just hope it last us a few years without any major issues.
- Dustin, Kansas

2021-04-03 2017 Forest River Work and Play 30WCR View Listings

I am so disappointed in the quality and craftsmanship in the Work and Play camper by Forest River. HAVE NEW HEAVY DUTY TIRES AT LEAST PUT ON IMMEDIATELY, IF NOT RIMS AS WELL. (read below) Purchased as our supposedly last camper it will never hold up. Took on our first trip in April 2018, found a list of little things wrong with it mostly poor craftsmanship (door separating, CD player not working, drawers not working, ect.) Took it to a dealer in April stayed in repairs till September lost the whole summer and most of the warranty time plus there was damage to the camper look like a tree branch caught the corner of trim on the roof said to bring it back opt to fix it our self we had a trip plan for October. After the October trip, the awning was ripping and seem to be a leak in the kitchen area took it to a different dealer awaning was replaced in a timely manner under warranty, said caulked the roof to correct the leak. Ok not bad so far went on a trip in April 2019, the roof poured in the kitchen we are talking "buckets of water" coming in. Took it back to the dealer the AC was lose, this did damage to the cabinet doors non of it covered, decided to leave out side this time for a couple of rains it leaked again, back to dealer had to pay almost $900 to have air check there was leaks all over this camper. Headed out on another trip, Forest river should be ashamed of themselves, they had 10 ply tires on this heavy camper hauling motorcycles. This was a 200 mile trip each way, BLOW OUT going DOWN tore up the gray water hose and ANOTHER BLOW OUT COMING BACK. HAVE NEW TIRES PUT ON IMMEDIATELY. Yes, air was checked going and coming. I am so thankful no one was hurt and we had the good sense to find a tire store and get the tire replaced (16 ply) before we headed home. Now we are putting all new 16 ply tires plus spare and all on steel rims, the mag rims are toast. The paint is fading bad and the decals are rolling up and peeling off. Looks bad, hate to see it if it was not undercover. About to leave for a spring trip, see what happens this trip, fingers crossed. I don't know what to say if all campers are built this poorly and are not equipped with proper tires for the load. Just beware it is a lot of money to be in such bad shape so quickly.
- Felicia Seabolt, Georgia

2021-03-11 2017 Dutchmen Voltage 3005V View Listings

Not complete from factory, every thing is fixed and/or improved. Lots of top quality stuff on board a real mix of craftsmanship. Great luxury Toy Hauler. Easy to maintain and operate. We found none better in the market place.
- Mike Bennett, California

2021-01-29 2016 Northwood Desert Fox 21SW View Listings

This camper is very comfortable and the quality is outstanding. I love all the storage space for helmets, gear etc. The kitchen cupboards accommodate all the pots and pans and food that you need. The fridge is very large and works great! Having a full bathtub is a bonus and bathroom has a large cabinet for all your clothes. The fuel station and air compressor is a must and came in handy on several trips. This camper is top notch quality compared to others. 4 season polar package and all tanks are insulated! Pulls great down the road.
- Carolyn johnson, Montana

2021-01-27 2016 Northwood Desert Fox 21SW View Listings

Love the design and layout. When our toys are unloaded we sit on the back patio and enjoy. Plenty of room on the 2 beds and very cozy with our thick pad. The storage is amazing for helmets, gear, food and pots a d pans. I love having the full bath tub. Electric awnings are so nice to have. Top notch cabinets and all the appliances. The quality of this camper is uncomparable to others. All seasons with the artic package really holds in the heat. The underneath is completely insulated also. Sturdy tight camper!Pulls great
- Carolyn johnson, Montana

2021-01-26 2018 Eclipse Attitude 32GSG View Listings

Where to start.this review is for a 35gsg 3. Didnt see it on the drop down menu. i should have listened to the reviews. Ive owned and used it enough to write a fair review. Eclipse is lucky to have 3 stars and if i were you i would steer clear of this manufacturer..looks impressive with a great floor plan for an open toy hauler,but that is where it ends. Here goes.poor factory and dealer support!good luck getting anyone from attitude to call you back. I gave up after the first year of owning this turd!purchased in nippomo ca.caution! Poorly insulated hot or cold,2 star livability,yes it get really hot and really cold in the california desert but they didnt consider this,heater is poorly ducted, had pinched off ducting at the furnace. Even after i fixed that it just doesnt keep the coach warm. 2 ac units, not enough to even wick off the heat in the main cabin, if you wanna cool down turn on the master bedroom ac and shut the door. Oh ya dont run both ac units at the same time, 1 of 2 30a breakers at the generator will kick off,wired to one breaker? Possibly.I haven’t looked at that yet as the dealer support was so terrible i wont go back so pick your dealer wisely and close to home!The climate control panel(dometic) works sometimes and t stat is way off calibration.i had to replace the water heater control module after 1 year of use.water ingress,main slide is poorly sealed at the base! If its raining i can plan on a 2 to 3 towel clean up. Tires kick up the water right into the seam of the slide that is poorly sealed.Literally pooling up inside, glad it’s linoleum.holes that where cut out for the windows were done by a drunk person,plenty of silicone was their solution to the air gap between the fiberglass siding and window seal but hey those frameless window sure look nice next to the wrinkling from moisture wall paper!door pops open when rollin down the road so lock the dead bolt.the mattress, I personally dont mind the feeling of springs when I’m sleeping! Dont let the kicker sound system or entertainment package fool ya. It is a great idea poorly executed as nothing is connected. 2 big ass TVs, and a sound system worthless!! Also the bass speaker in the island rattled/vibrated so bad it ruined any quality sound you may get.white noise! I installed sound mat on the inside of the cabinet. This helped.speaking of vibrating cabinets, the lamination is lifting at the seams and edges. Not terrible but its only a few years old, should look real nice in a few years.there is serious Slide out deflection inward at the top when its windy out, ya its gotta be blowing but ide say 1 to 2 inches of deflection at the top. Makes for good atmosphere when the dry dusty desert wind goes right past the seals into the living quarters nicely back lit by the flickering led can lights.oh had to replace that light switch for the flickering can lights as well.Also at pismo the sand comes thru the floor seal at the main Slide floor.there’s that pesky wind again.same place the water comes in.I called it little pismo dunes.pretty cool right.the fuel station haha, ya they(eclipse)plumbed it wrong. Fuel for the genny came from the station side and fuel for the station came from the genny side.dah!!!dealer couldn’t figure it out so i had too.poor fitment of front slide out,sticks out at the bottom more than I believe it should , dealer agreed said it could be adjusted. Maybe by drinking a few beers cause they never fixed it! Nutcerts that hold the rear door on are pulling out on one side.i suppose its possible this could have happened when loading my sxs but I’m pretty good about making sure the gate is chocked flat.from the beginning it had touch up paint all around the skirt and the front slide didnt fit right, again my opinion but i had to have this floor plan and i abandon logic and reason cause i had to have it. Dont do that!if there is a problem with the coach make them fix it before you buy it or walk away.these company’s just want your money and dont really care if your happy with you 75k rig or not!the dealer had this pos for the first 4 month of its life and didnt fix a thing, well one thing the led ground row didnt work when new, they did fix that.this thing was a piece of crap from the beginning and my gut told me so. Follow you gut feelings and heed to these reviews as they will save you a lot of grief.good luck folks!
- Joe luther, California

2021-01-07 2020 Winnebago Spyder 23FS View Listings

We've had this 2020 Spyder FS for about a year. We really like the floorplan with the king bed and dropping the ramp to extend the living space is really nice. The large shower with one bathroom door is a plus for us. Rigs with the passthrough from the bedroom seem to reduce the shower space. The quality has been fine and we've had nothing fall apart. We've had minor warranty work done with no issue from the dealer. Our one issue we haven't figured out yet is loading our motorcycle. The back end sit high and ramp is very steep and we didn't consider this when we purchased. Keep this in mind if you're planning on loading motorcycles. Overall we're happy with the Spyder FS.
- Pat, Arizona

2020-11-07 2020 Grand Design Momentum 395M View Listings

We purchased this RV because we wanted opposing couches, along with a dinning table and large kitchen. This is the only toy hauler on the market we were able to find that fit all these criteria. We lived in this full-time for over 6 months and absolutely loved it. At first we weren't sure if the exterior storage space would be large enough, but we were able to bring along everything we needed (and more). The large water tanks combined with over 60 gallon capacity for fuel allowed us to boondock without hookups for multiple weeks without needing to fill up or dump. We used the garage area as a kids room/play room and it worked out excellent. The One Control center was great as well that we could control the RV from our phones. This allowed us to adjust the air at night, turn on exterior and interior lights, water pump, etc... from anywhere around the RV. If we could go back, we would get this exact RV again. No question!
- Matthew Osborn, Arizona

2020-11-05 2020 Eclipse Iconic 2717SF View Listings

21 and has an eclipse toy hauler either iconic attitude or Stellar if you have any issues I highly recommend you to straighten manufacturer in Riverside vs going to the dealers are way more likely to help you trust me I know I was there
- Willy, California

2020-10-24 2021 Grand Design Momentum G-Class 21G View Listings

We purchased our 21G back in August. We've taken it on 5 local trips that total about 1000 miles. On the maiden voyage, screws and bolts were falling out of the Euro chairs. Two of the kitchen cabinet drawers were not in their tracks. The pocket door to the bathroom is warped resulting in rub marks. During the second trip, the microwave fell back out of its fitting. Third trip, we discovered water in the master bedroom and bathroom floor. Came to find out that the hoses behind the shower panel were not tight resulting in water leaking behind the panel and seeping thru beneath the shower basin. After fixing that issue ourselves, we checked the fittings under the bathroom and kitchen sinks and found they were also not tight. Thankfully my husband is mechanically inclined and was able to fix a lot of this ourselves. It is as if no quality checks were done before this thing got to us. You may be asking, why not just take it back to the dealer and have them fix all this under warranty. Here is the issue. We couldn't even get it in for service until a month after we called. When we took it in, it sat on the lot for 3 weeks. They fixed one item that was faulty when we initially bought it (fuel station pump handle leak). All the other issues we took it in for?? Nothing. They claimed they are waiting on authorization from Grand Design. It is now almost a month since we just went and took it back, issues still pending, and we still have no authorization. So the warranty is a bunch of BS. After our most recent trip, the clips that hold the glass panels in the back broke off. Luckily the glass panel itself didn’t break, but we now have that to add to the list. I will clarify that we aren’t doing any crazy off-roading with this thing. It seems even your standard local/highway travel is enough to bump everything loose. I will say that the floor plan and features are nice. It is small enough to easily tow, park, travel with, yet large enough to not feel like you are on top of one another. Overall, this has been a very frustrating experience. We didn't buy this item to not use it. What is the point of owning if you just have to take it back and have it sit there for weeks/months without any resolution? When I contact GD, I get a very canned response of what options I have, but in reality, the options are not good. You are at the mercy of service centers that are extremely backed up and waiting on GD to approve any work being done. We have opted to just have it done somewhere else (which is still 3 weeks out) and just pay out of pocket so we don’t have to be without our trailer. Hopefully we get reimbursed in our lifetime from GD, but I’m not holding my breath.
- Cheryl Petruso, Arizona

2020-10-16 2017 Jayco Octane 222 View Listings

Awesome build quality! Higher grade components are used in Jayco compared to other manufactures (cabinets, toilet, flooring ,jack, fridge, axles, ect). Tows really well with 1/2 ton. Lots of garage space for the toys. We upgraded our mattresses, but they all need that. Love this TH and we are sure to build some awesome memories with it.
- V. Smith, Kansas

2020-10-16 2021 Grand Design Momentum G-Class 21G View Listings

Grand Design quality exceeds other toy haulers. Grand Design's customer service is the best in the industry, period. You will see the quality of the unit when you step inside. We researched all major brands prior to our Grand Design purchase. We are happy with our Grand Design Momentum.
- C Cochran, Texas

2020-10-07 2020 Eclipse Iconic 2717SF View Listings

Having a problem with the MORryde steps. After leveling the trailer and putting out the steps I am unable to close the door. This happens 90% of the time. Have to dig a hole for the steps. Cannot always do this. Eclipse says the trailer was sold that way so they will not do anything. Trailer under warranty. Have tried for 9 months to get this corrected. No help at all. Is anyone else having this problem?
- Rod Christensen, Utah

2020-10-06 2007 Weekend Warrior Weekend Warrior FSW2800 View Listings

We love our RV weekend warrior trailer toy box and would like to upgrade to a fifth wheel instead of bumper pull But everything else it is great or a single family get away trailer.The pros are the trailer sits low to the ground easy to load the Harley’s up The cons is that it can only handle so much weight and when they made them super light they weekend the integrity Of the frame and I had two put crossmembers and re- box the suspension
- Darin Demello, California

2020-09-30 2017 Keystone Fuzion 325 View Listings

We loved the Toy Hauler with the door/ramp porch option. We were told we could hose out the camper if we had dirty toys in there... well we didn't. We had a poorly manufactured ramp door that was getting water in it from the get go... it collapsed on us loading a golf cart. Now with pictures, complaints for a while, no one will help us get it fixed. Keystones customer service is the worst. Didn't even hear the issue, just said no. Don't buy from them and all the doors are just foam and veneer ... no support. And don't ever let it rain where you are.
- Christine, Delaware