Toy Hauler Reviews on RV Insider (172)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Toy Hauler RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Jaz Fowco from Texas says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2015 Forest River Wolf Pup 17RP View Listings

This trailer is a piece of junk, poorly constructed, everything has quit working at one point or another, grey & black water leaks into underliner, don't buy one of these, on second thought don't buy from Forest River if they will sell something like this
- Jaz Fowco, Texas

2020-06-29 2016 Prime Time Avenger 25TH View Listings

Not a good experience, Sofa bed fell off the wall in the middle of night while someone was asleep on it, Sink in bathroom leaked, faucets in cooking area got so loose they just wobbled, Retainers holding gas line are not tight and some were not even in place, already replaced all brakes and bearings, Cd player never had internal pin removed so had to pull it out after researching manual. Tape holding walls together not sticking, Awning LED strip smoked, yep I said smoked! Drawer slide fell down only stapled in place??? Front Propane tank mount only two scews used and they broke off, to this day I wonder why tanks did not bounce down the road? Over all a Piece of crap very poorly built. No I did not take it back because felt the ability to get repaired it was better off doing it myself !!!! Just walk away
- Charles Moore, Virginia

2020-06-28 2019 Eclipse Attitude 2814SS View Listings

Was completely sold a bunch of stories by the dealer. All these great things about how the Attitude leaders actually use the toy haulers and then use their experiences to improve them. We have had nothing but issues. Frig went out on the 2nd use, knobs fell off cabinets all within a few months & a hole in the awning. All were fixed (except the awning which they supposedly ordered) but it took the dealer several months which they blamed on Attitude not being able to get them the parts so my husband had to call Attitude continuously. Terrible Customer Service by the dealer and Attitude! It now has been almost a year and water has leaked in and ruined the flooring in the Master, handles are falling off the drawers in the kitchen, and we are still waiting on the awning to arrive. We wish we would have read more of these reviews and definitely gotten a different brand.
- Danielle, Texas

2020-06-15 2020 Forest River Cherokee Wolf Pack 365PACK16 View Listings

We have had nothing but issues with this unit. I DO NOT RECOMMEND FOREST RIVER PRODUCTS AFTER OUR EXPERIENCE! It has spent half its life at the dealership for issues that have still NOT been resolved. The landing gear burned the fuse every time it raised camper up. They were replaced. One time down and up and now it is grinding and blowing fuses again. We had a leak in bedroom slide and living room slide shortly after purchase. It took almost a year to get resolved. Slide seals do not flip when slide goes in or out, we have to manually flip them. All of our decals have bubbled and started to peel after about 6 months of owning it, will need to be replaced. HappiJack beds have not worked properly since purchase. Awning started pulling away from camper and had to be replaced. We have had constant issues with this unit. ALL USBs when in use cause lights to flicker. This is a common problem but has not been fixed properly yet. These are only a few of our issues. We will never buy another forest river product.
- Emily, Kentucky

2020-06-12 2018 Forest River Work and Play 30WCR View Listings

Quality and attention to detail is horrible. 2018 FR WnP 30WCR. 2 year old toy hauler developed leak above the front cargo door as a result of the piss poor quality of assemblers who do not have the intelligence to ensure that the silicone caulk used to seal the cargo door has no holes or gaps. The water leaked down the wall and underneath the absolute GARBAGE OSB board they use for the floor. 2 years later I am subject to $1000s of dollars to repair the floor. I can only hope the insurance company totals the toy hauler.... Granted ALL RV manufactures are horrible and they produce garbage products and take pride in doing so...
- Jeffrey Hoffman, Florida

2020-06-09 2017 Starcraft Autumn Ridge 26HR View Listings

I dont know where to start. Simply put I will neve buy another Starcraft again. The quality is horrible for the price. My unit is only 2 years old and I have my roof leaking hinges/latches come apart, ac unit only blow good air directly under it, air flow through the duck work to front bedroom is almost non-existent. Thermostat is completely useless and is horrible about maintaining set temp. Plumbing came apart twice under sink. Shower walls keep coming unfastened and they will not keep water in the drain basin. Barely any chalking around shower. Trim is nailed then the nails are covered with a similar color putty by someone using a finger. TV/radio antenna is worthless. Wifi extender is a joke and will barely pick up signal 20 feet away from the wifi source. Some Decals have been replaced once and the rest are literally starting to deteriorate to nothing while the new ones are right behind them. The black water tank meter is no longer working and I fully flush more than once every time I use the RV to ensure no debrisis blocking it. Steel wheels are starting to rust. Frame is starting to rust. Oh and the RV is covered while in storage. I have only trailered this unit maybe a 1000 miles total. The counter top and trim on the front of it are starting to separate. The stove will not light with the factory ignite. One of the open front shelving unit is starting to snag with the very little weight of a dish drainer and a box of plastic utensils. The vinyl on the folding coaches is wearing through because the frame of the coaches are rubbing on it when someone sits on them. The fully powered awning is leaking and deteriorating resulting in holes. I'm sure I'm missing something. All of this I brought to my dealer but was told these items are only covered for the first year. So needless to say I'm stuck with this. So as already stated I will not buy another Starcraft unit again and will certainly not be recommending them. One last thing this unit was bought new in 2018. It was a left over 2017. And now I know why it was a left over. Apparently everyone else saw the BS and chose not to listen to the sales guy. So for that I do take some blame.
- Mat S, New York

2020-05-19 2018 Keystone Fuzion Impact 367 View Listings

Finding the right trailer was difficult so we settled on an Impact to enable us to bring bikes and kayaks while ensuring each child had their own bed. Shortly after getting it home from Washington, we discovered the front panel was bulging. Then on a windless day a drizzle of less than 3/100 of an inch tore our awning down. Then the pass through hatch door fell off. Immediately I discovered the tanks are miss labeled. Next we discovered our black tank valve leaks. We gingerly drug the POS to the nearest repair facility in Lakeside Washington. They discovered that the bulge was due to one weld busted and two metal struts not welded to the frame. And this where I tell you that keystone’s warranty is as awesome as our POS trailer. Later the sink fell. The couch slide pulley system will not tighten. The kitchen slide has some weird hesitation which requires depot level repairs. My wife likes the shower and the water heater works.
- Chris , Alaska

2020-04-26 2015 Forest River Work and Play 18EC View Listings

This is a heavy duty toy hauler. I haul it with a Ford F-150 truck and a Ford Expedition SUV. Easy to maneuver, easy set-up. The customized loading ramps for your motorcycle or ATV make it a breeze to load. Double 20-gallon propane tanks easy to access. All around great little camper!
- Mike Storey , Illinois

2020-04-24 2018 Grand Design Momentum M-Class 381M View Listings

We bought our Grand Design with plans to haul a small two seat car to tour the country. We are not full timers but have spent 4 months at a time in the unit and really do like all of the features and dependability. We had the dealer install tie downs that are heavy enough to secure the 2300# car and it travels very well with the car in the garage. We have had a few problems with the unit; generator had to be repaired and leveling hydraulic system had to be replaced, the support to get those repaired was great. This can be aggravating but what complex system doesn’t have problems from time to time, the support that we got was great. I just wish there was a bit more underbelly storage and my wife wishes the garage had another foot in length so she could have her washer drier (the car is 13’ long and the garage is 15’). For a towable, we highly recommend Grand Design.
- Bill, Florida

2020-04-19 2018 Forest River Cherokee Grey Wolf 19RR View Listings

I wrote a review a month or so ago. The problem we are having now is with the service or product warranty. The hard surface countertop around sink has completely failed. It developed hairline cracks, approx. 20. The retailer we purchased from tried his best to get Cherokee to back up their product but refuses. I can't believe they can get away with this. I plan to file a grievance with the better business bureau. The man's name at Cherokee who refuses to make this right is Brandon Harker ph # 200-499-2100 I think it's time we make these businesses stand behind the products and work they put out.
- Joy, Missouri

2020-04-17 2020 Forest River No Boundaries NB10.6 View Listings

I bought my trailer in Michigan a couple years ago. It has been in the shop more then I have had it. The manufacturer even took it for 3 months. I got it back worse then when I gave it to them. No one will return any of my emails or phone calls. I can't believe people get away with this. I bought this to bring joy into my life. Instead I got misery and a headache. So disappointed in the way I have been treated.
- Kimberly , Florida

2020-03-20 2018 Forest River XLR Nitro 29DK5 View Listings

Love camping with this toy hauler. Easy to bring 2 motorcycles, scooters, or a 4 wheeler with on short or long trips. Love the back deck with side rails - backing up to a lake or river. Nice bedroom with slide out. Plenty of storage areas.
- Jean J., Wisconsin

2020-03-08 2018 Forest River Cherokee Grey Wolf 19RR View Listings

We purchased our 2018FR grey wolf 19RR new. After the first trip out, 5 weeks, the camper was back at the dealership for over a month. Fresh water tank replaced(it was cracked), black tank was sagging so much it wouldn't drain(replaced and put strap on it). replaced both outside speakers. Steps had to be replaced(reavits) were coming out). After all that was repaired we really enjoyed it for the next few trips. Storage is good. Heat and air is great. Reception for stereo and TV was exellent(other campers have been a problem)We always use a fan in the bedroom as in most campers, it is needed. I believed the kitchen countertop was solid surface or at least top layer was solid. I was wrong!!!I noticed on the curved part right above stainless steel sink was bubbled up, after looking closer, it appeared torn..small tears, then a couple other places bubbled up. I purchased a marine epoxy product to coat those places until I could contact FR. We just returned home so tomorrow I will call, hopefully they will replace this countertop. Our motorcycle fit in this camper and road well. Oh the stove top is another problem . Other than my skillet, all other pots fall over, bad design flaw! Not enough metal support! Thinking maybe we got a lemon but with a few more replacement parts...lol...it will be cherry!
- Joy, Missouri

2020-02-24 2017 Forest River Stealth WA2715 View Listings

Fully enjoyed all the fabulous amenities this toyhauler provides. Everything is automatic. Push buttons to turn on everything...eg, Keypad entry, generator, bunk beds automatic riser/lower, lights, heater, Air conditioner, water pump, propane, Awning, led lights, pumps, radio/ speakers inside/outside, TVs, and hitch - push button. Having solar so the batteries are always ready to go.
- Sujan stringer, Arizona

2020-02-08 2020 Forest River No Boundaries NB10.6 View Listings

What draws us mostly toward this trailer is the awesome tent on the top. Not only that, we love the concept of the kitchen outside. We do not want to coop inside the trailer all day long. The whole point is to stay outside! This trailer does the trick! The bed upstair (tent) is very comfortable. So, are the futons inside as well. The "toy hauler" part becomes our fancy dinner table as we use trailer jacks to support the table. We love it! Best of all, it is very light. Our SUV got 16.3 MPG with this trailer.
- David Geeslin, Indiana

2020-02-08 2011 Eclipse Attitude 25FS View Listings

Bought new in 2011.. Love the floor plan..But the quality control is awful. Within the 1st year I had leakage. Warranty "fixed" the issue which became an ongoing nightmare. Delamination has become an ongoing problem on both sides even after continual maintenance. Would never recommend an Eclipse product. Quality control is absolutely terrible and no warranty representation. I've grew up with RVing - over 50 yrs., family has owned multiply trailers, truck camper, motorhomes.. Worst manufacturer bar none....
- Dana, Colorado

2019-12-31 2015 Eclipse Stellar 28IBLG View Listings

I've had nothing but problems since I bought this junk trailer first time I took it out the awning blew off took 3 months to get it fixed then water damage down the sides because the back door was the wrong door. Now I'm using it for work and when it rains outside its raining inside and eclipse want honor any warranty. Long story short biggest pile of expensive crap ever do not recommend this to anyone.
- Rodney Bell, Wyoming

2019-12-17 2018 Forest River Vengeance 314A12 View Listings

My husband and I decided to get a toy hauler 5th wheel for our side by side. We shopped around and found the vengeance rouge at a decent price. The first thing we noticed about the trailer is the vent in the bathroom was installed backwards from the factory. So right off the bat we had to fix something. Next thing was the anchors in the trailer. They are very cheap and break very easily. We have had to replace 6 of them our first trip. Our refrigerator has gone out 3 times since we got the trailer and we have only had it for 9 months. The heater has gone out 3 times also. We have already had to replace the battery 2 times and the charging component keeps malfunctioning. We have reached out to the forest river customer service department and their attentiveness to customers is very poor. They are not helpful with any information about the trailer and all they tell us is that we have to find a mobile mechanic to come out that we then have to pay out of pocket for. Anyone looking to purchase one of these trailers DO NOT purchase from forest river. They will leave you hi and dry like they did us. We are living out of our trailer and we have 2 children and we are without heat. Please save yourself the headache of having to replace your refrigerator and heater on a brand new trailer. These things should not have to be replaced 9 months after you purchase a trailer.
- Chelsie kirby, Colorado

2019-12-15 2017 Keystone Impact Vapor Lite 29V View Listings

Great toy hauler! It has all of the up-to-date amenities needed for four-wheeling, motorcycling, bicycling, and enjoying good company just to name a few. We’ve thoroughly enjoyed ours with our family and friends. There’s so much versatility with this toy hauler. I highly recommend. And, it’s great that I can pull it with my half ton pick up truck.
- Jason, Wisconsin

2019-11-26 2018 Coachmen Catalina Trailblazer 26TH View Listings

Big thanks to Wendi and Thomas for getting us in this 2018 Travel trailer, Toy Hauler. I'm sure we have many great adventures awaiting us. Never owned a travel trailer before so there is a lot of unknowns and we hope that all are the unknowns are good. I couldn't give 5 stars across the board since we haven't been able to experience several of the things listed to be rated. However if all goes as well as the service we got at camping world I'm sure I'll be able to easily rate everything with 5 stars Thanks again to Wendi and Thomas.
- Donald Pierce, Ohio

2019-11-25 2011 Keystone Outback 280RS View Listings

Nice open living area. Was easy to pull with F250. Front of camper has the door to drive in golf cart or motorcycle. Bed folds up out of the way when needed. King bed is a slide at the back of the camper with windows on each side.
- Kevin , Texas

2019-11-25 2015 Thor Motor Coach Outlaw 38RE View Listings

Excellent condition, Thor Outlaw 38RE, Bath & 1/2 Outlaw 38RE Residence Edition, vaulted living room and galley ceilings, approximate 8' shower height, 9' Cathedral style bedroom ceiling, ceiling fan,King bed, "Star-View" window, above ground patio deck, rear patio deck, 50" LED TV, Bluetooth® sound bar, sink, gas grill, exterior refrigerator, rear patio awning, rear steps, electric side patio awning and second exterior LED TV, booth/sleeper 48" x 84" sleeping area, a hide-a-bed sofa with air mattress, a power drop-down cab-over bunk, huge pantry, pre-plumbing for either a stack or combo washer/dryer, 40" LED living room TV, Ford 26,000lb chassis w/8,000lb. hitch, polished aluminum wheels, full body exterior paint, 158 cu. ft. of exterior storage, 150 gallons of fresh water tank capacity, two roof A/C units, third wall mount A/C unit in bedroom, swivel front seats with extra table, frameless windows, 3-camera monitoring system, LED ceiling lighting, solid surface kitchen counter & table, LED TV in master bedroom, HDMI video distribution, power charging center, an 1800 watt inverter system, 37' length, Power patio awing with integrated LED lighting, 1-piece windshield, a 5500 Onan generator, automatic leveling system, leatherette furniture, leatherette sofa with sleeper, 5-speed automatic transmission, pass-through storage, dash fans, power mirrors with heat, DVD, refrigerator, enclosed and heated holding tanks
- Priscilla, California

2019-10-29 2014 Forest River Shockwave T25FQMX View Listings

Poor workmanship on this unit as the putty that goes behind the trim that covers the joint between the front and sidewalls hardens and allows water to seep in behind (still looks ok from the exterior). The fiberglass skin then separates from the cheap luan plywood that is part of the skin due to water. Had to take the unit to a experienced fiberglass repair shop and he was amazed at how cheaply the assembly was done and how unsafe something such as this could be on a major highway (Trans Canada in this case). Also had an axle problem, due to poor quality control and after 4,000 dollars spent on the fiberglass and axle repairs I feel the unit is as it should have been done at the factory. Would not recommend their product unless you are willing to spend some money right off the start to correct the poor workmanship. I am writing to Transport Canada as well as both of these issues could be serious on a major highway to both the user and other traffic.
- Rod Dobson, Ontario

2019-10-26 2018 Forest River XLR Nitro 29KW View Listings

We have loved this toy hauler. Our favorite feature is the side patio so everyone can be a part of the action outside. It has an amazing floor plan with two cushy reclining chairs for relaxing and watching tv. There are speakers throughout the trailer as well as outside. There is a 42 inch tv in the living room and a smaller tv with built in DVD player in the master bedroom as well as hookup for a tv on the patio if desired. There is abundant cabinet space as well as drawers that have been professionally upgraded. We have loved this toy hauler and hope someone else gets to enjoy it as a family as much as we have!
- Cole, Arizona

2019-10-23 2012 Forest River Sandstorm 263SLR View Listings

We had this trailer made specifically for us form the manufacturer. Love it! It is spacious enough to have the whole family in it and that includes 6 grand kiddos. I love the bedroom in the front and the overall lay out. There is not a thing that we dislike about this trailer. I would definitely recommend this trailer if not for anything than it is the second one that we have owned and by far the most comfortable and very homey feel to it. One thing that we have done is cover all flooring when loading to save the carpet and flooring.
- Matt and Margaret Brown, Oregon