Toy Hauler

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Toy Hauler RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Jaz Fowco from Texas says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2015 Forest River Wolf Pup 17RP View Listings

This trailer is a piece of junk, poorly constructed, everything has quit working at one point or another, grey & black water leaks into underliner, don't buy one of these, on second thought don't buy from Forest River if they will sell something like this
- Jaz Fowco, Texas

2021-09-24 2020 Winnebago Spyder 30MAX View Listings

This toy hauler has been a complete joke, terrible service from the manufacture. From day one the fridge never worked, after enough times they let the dealer replace the fridge,(after 8 months of not working)after they replaced it, it worked for 2 months! In the year that I have owned this thing, 2 fridges where replace, bed rails rubbed and binded they where replaced!, black tank valve stuck open, got replaced! yuck! power jack did not light up,power board got replaced! a relief cut was made in the side of trailer by slide (dealer had to sent to body shop to have repaired)faucet in kitchen stop working, and had to be replaced, generator start is inop at times, they put a switch for tank heaters because they where turning on and draining battery dead in under a day! MANY different trim panel loose and wil not stay in place, screws falling out, etc, this has been the worst trailer i have ever OWNED. I have sent several emails and made several phone calls, with no remedy! THERE emails stated we have repaired to our warranty! i believe this is completely unacceptable for a company to do this. by my calculations my trailer was at the dealer waiting for parts/repairs/authorization from Winnebago for 3 months (give or take a few days)it was there for almost 2 months for the repair to the side of the trailer! And again the response from them is (we have repaired the trailer per the warranty) My fear is as stated in my emails was, if I cant take this out for the weekend with out something breaking or not working on a new trailer, how confident can I be about this thing 5 years from now? worst decision in a trailer i have ever made, never again! The dealer has been awesome btw!
- RALPH HARDIN, Utah

2021-09-20 2021 Grand Design Momentum 381M View Listings

I love everything about this RV it was definitely home away from home for me, tons of space gourmet kitchen huge pantry a great place for friends to gather a great bedroom and bathroom and a huge garage for all of your toys but also another great gathering space to entertain an an extra room for guests.
- Christine Fulford, Pennsylvania

2021-09-15 2021 Heartland Torque T331 View Listings

First of all, just to explain, I purchased this Toy Hauler online from my out of state dealer. I bought a 2021 Heartland Torque 331 in May and paid cash for it. This unit has let me down week after week. I had heard Heartland makes quality units but I am here to tell you that this is FALSE. At least for the Torque 331. The unit listed that it had a 19 foot awning, but it is actually a 25 foot awning, the largest single awning anyone at camp has seen, including mobile RV repairman. The size alone is way too much weight for the arms to handle, those have already busted twice in two months. The happy jack system they installed in the garage was installed with window valances on each side, which busted off the wall when first used because they extended out from the wall too far. I have had three leaks inside the camper. One under the kitchen sink because they never tightened the hot and cold water connection. This cause major damage to the wooden cabinets under the sink. We also had a water leak under the king bed in front of the camper. They screwed into a water line for the black tank flush that caused water damage when used. The entire bed had to be removed to repair the problem. The 3rd leak was under the front bedroom sink drain. Besides the leaks, the trim work and wall paneling has come loose, all which had to be repaired as well Who is the genius that designed the outdoor kitchen? The large flat screen tv is struck by the lid where the two burners are, the heat from this unit would destroy the tv and possibly start a fire god forbid you turned away for a minute. The tv should have been relocated and replaced with cabinets outside. The labels placed on the walls to mount the tv arms were not in line with the wood studs behind the paneling. This caused great difficulty installing the 3 tv screens. The plastic floor mounts for the table in front of the couch broke very easily. Who uses plastic floor mounts fpor metal legs ? Another design flaw. The first door when shut is not sealed properly. You can see spaces from light coming through when shut, and that means ants, bugs coming in. Horrible quality, was this unit made on a friday night? I give the Torque 331 a very low rating. BUYER BEWARE.
- Paul F Harrington, New York

2021-09-12 2018 Grand Design Momentum M-Class 350M View Listings

This is a very well built RV/Toy Hauler. We lived in ours for 8 months in the winter in an RV Park and were very comfortable. The fireplace allowed us to use the parks electricity to keep the place warm without using so much propane. Having the garage/2nd bedroom was a blessing as it gave an additional room for privacy as well as a large dining area. We were able to take long showers with the larger capacity water heater. The built in vacuum cleaner system made it convenient to keep the floors clean and not use up space for a separate vacuum. There is lots of storage space in the kitchen, bedroom and bathrooms.
- Susan Iovino, Oregon

2021-09-04 2021 Grand Design Momentum 28G View Listings

2021 Momentum 28G is a complete piece of crap! I was warned that most rv's are crap, so I thought I'd go with the best built, best quality, best etc., Nope...100% crap! I've owned this rig for less than a year and it has been in the shop for 5mos. Flooring issues, bed motor issues, window issues, pieces falling off issues, graphic issues, and radio issues. Stay clear! Spend the money to go all aluminum like ATC. Outside of the issues, it towes like freaking crap. (Note-i have a 2021 F350 with a blue ox 2000/20000lb weight distribution hitch) and still pulls like a piece of crap. Layout is great, about the only positive! I can't believe these things are even aloud on the road how they're built!
- Joshua Reiter, Nevada

2021-08-27 2022 KZ Sportsmen 180TH View Listings

No pre-drill’s for the wood support for bed fridge anything Bed wood was warped and had to be replaced anything except the tv Which was over drilled and fell out the first day and was hanging by coax Cabinet locks were not put in right so they moved in and out, the floor had to be re-straightened because it was coming up and wavy, fridge won’t stay on while driving 1 hour tops, found 3 gas leaks, when filling the water tank water fills in wall under fridge, the square metal frame holding the ramp door is actually pulling away from the roof and the floor so you can see light through them the pulldown screen in the back has just come off the wall because there’s no anchors and they just screwed it into the drywall or whatever that crap is called so when I fell down I was able to see the hole from the roof and the back frame, sink leaks into cabinet, All their fake walls are a joke by the microwave in the cabinet and by the hot water heater put in place by one screw Kinda, The walls of the shower aren’t even sealed at all and they move one barely touched so I can’t even use the damn shower, only had two trips, 12 hr on road only had this for a few months. The quality control is gone they do not pre-drill so all the wood is cracked nothing is tighten down nothing is anchored nothing is bolted correctly complete crap they’re sitting there getting drunk or some sh*t and there is no quality control. I regret the decision of this purchase so much I’m so screwed now I can’t even get a single trip without having to turn around because all my food is bad or too much sh*t is broken and I can’t keep going
- Jeremiah Riberdy, Arizona

2021-08-27 2021 Forest River Cherokee Grey Wolf 22RR Black Label View Listings

We are very impressed with our 2021 Grey Wolf 22RR Black Label. I researched and went into many Toy haulers before my purchase. The 22RRBL fits all our needs and then some. I picked it up 10 miles from factory in Indiana myself. The purchase was at "The OUTPOST RV" in Middlebury Indiana. Will definitely buy there again Highly recommend them. Jeremy in sales to Eric in service both A people. We purchased in may of 2021 have used 6 times in Florida were we live Not 1 single issue. Fridge AC Doors Windows Blinds Stove Water system everything Excellent. Pay attention to nuts and bolts. You cant go wrong with This toy hauler I put a Full dresser Harley Electra Glide inside No problem Ramp works great The party deck is awesome. My Ram 1500 tows it easily. I use a Blue OX weight distribution system. We have Power everything makes it so easy to setup and break down camp. We Love our Forest River product. I read a lot of negative comments But alot has to do with were you bought and how it was treated before delivery to buyer. It is a small houde going down the road. Tow it that way not like a Dump truck full of Dirt "Capeche" Hope this helps people out comments to me are welcomed. Rusty
- RUSTY MAFFIA, Florida

2021-08-21 2020 Forest River Wildwood FSX 260RTX View Listings

We absolutely love our RV, unfortunately for us a little too large, looking to downsize. Large living area, good storage, shower is very accommodating with plenty of room. Has everything and more that you need for comfort. Very large main room window and plenty of other windows!
- Debra Calabrese, Ohio

2021-08-21 2020 Forest River Wildwood FSX 260RTX View Listings

We absolutely love our RV, unfortunately for us a little too large, looking to downsize. Large living area, good storage, shower is very accommodating with plenty of room.haa everything and more that you need for comfort. Very large main room window and plenty of other windows!
- Debra Calabrese, Ohio

2021-08-17 2021 Grand Design Momentum G-Class 21G View Listings

We have only owned our toy hauler for 3 months and have been on 4 trips with it and we are not overly impressed with our purchase. We have already have issues with the roof leaking (caulk separating at seams) and when we called the dealer they said that is not under Grand Design warranty. You are to check the caulking monthly and fix any separation on your own. We brought up that we are starting to see rust spots forming on the frame and ladder and were told that is also not under warranty. The toy hauler is 3 months old and is cleaned extensively after every trip, there should not be rust spots forming at this point. Also, the captain chairs we were told are the best out there, but the screws and beads are already falling out of the bottom. The awning is a joke, any little rain or 5 mph wind your not able to use it. We did a lot of research before buying a toy hauler and thought we were purchasing one of quality, but that was not the case. Luckily we got the extended warranty which will help some, but to find a dealer that is not 2 plus months out, good luck. I would not recommend buying a Grand Design RV and are already talking about trading in or selling this one that is 3 months old.
- Andrea Henke, Minnesota

2021-08-11 2019 Eclipse Attitude 2814SS View Listings

This was a beautiful trailer at a glance, and thats all i have good to say about it! The seals on the floor suck dirt and dust everytime we towed! Towing was terrible!! Refrigerator was a joke, never worked we had it worked on 6 times!! Highly NOT recommended 😕
- Kim Goff, Nevada

2021-08-11 2021 Heartland Lithium 2414 View Listings

Camper has a wonderful floor plan and all the bells and whistles to make camping as easy as possible from setup to end. Quality design, easy to set up with electric jacks. Comes equipped with a place for a generator too. I love the large window in the main area. The mattress is good quality and not flimsy. Great storage and every inch is utilized. Comes with a stove and a microwave that doubles as a convection oven. The underside of these campers are insulated and makes it a 4 season camper as well.
- Cindy Franklin, Kentucky

2021-08-02 2020 Winnebago Spyder 30MAX View Listings

This was my first new trailer, TOY HAULER. It has been and complete joke. after multi emails and phone calls to Winnebago with no help or resolution. So first of all from day 1 my fridge was not working (FREZZER) worked great)Fridge would not keep milk cold, Took almost 8 months and multi call from dealer to get fridge replaced. Trim falling off walls, screws being found on floor after every trip, generator not starting, tank heaters draining battery overnight in the middle of summer, tracks for beds in rear had to be replaced, misaligned or something, The big thing for me they had to sublet my trailer to a body shop and have a relief cut out in the side of the trailer because of cracking? really? After every trip i go around the trailer with a screwdriver and tighten up all screws that come loose! The black valve got stuck open on our third trip out, made for a very fun ending to the trip while trying to dump the trailer, The faucet in the kitchen STOPED working on hot water and had to be replaced, the water lines that go under the sink(slide)leak if not tighten. I am worried every time I take it out if something else will break/not work. Over all the help from Winnebago has been one of the worst I have ever had. The people that I spoke with and had email conversations with I think did what they where able to but the only got so far! My big problem that i stated in my emails is the long term effects of the quality of my new trailer, if all these issues are going on now, how many more are going to happen 2-3 years down the road. I bought there top of the line TOY HAULER and have had a lot off issue with it and no support from the manufacturer in my option. They did return emails, but with no remedy to my problems or long terms SOPLUTIONS! Very, very disappointed in the while process. I am now into my trailer just over a year and have never had that I love this thing feeling, and I think after the cost of trailers I should have that feeling!
- RALPH HARDIN, Utah

2021-08-02 2022 Thor Motor Coach Outlaw 38KB View Listings

Brand new from store Came with missing mattress, we were told mattress would be shipped and nada. Slide out leaks when driving on a rainy day Shower box leaks and water go thru the wall outside of the bathroom Vynil floor unfinished, some parts has bubble and had a puncture damage Terrible sliding door, it felt off the rail falling over the deck screen and damaging the screen Sliding door never closes or open smoothly, you better not be weak to be able to do the job Window screen was damaged, blind kep faking every time we were on the road Motor smoked in a short trip and we had to evacuate as the smoke was all inside as well Lots of issues for a brand new motor coach and who knows what else we’ll find And good luck with customer service, at least 20min wait time until somebody answer
- Eskenberry Erika, Wyoming

2021-07-30 2016 Forest River Shockwave 33SAGDX View Listings

We used our Shockwave in the beginning to go to our daughters AAU softball tournaments every sumner for 3 years, it was amazing! It fits our 5 family members so well so much space!! We also put our Razor in it and go large family reunion camp trips of grid snd it supports our family so well with the large water tank snd gas to fill the toys!
- Kim Bauer, Montana

2021-07-29 2015 Forest River XLR Thunderbolt 395AMP View Listings

Your Forest River Sales man with his smile and his handshake will FILL YOU FULL OF EVERYTHING YOU WANT TO HEAR does not have to be factual you may purchase then you will be screwed Check Indianas laws that are made to protect them not the customer !!Please look over everything twice make sure you are getting your facts corectly,,,,
- DONALD D BURGESS, Indiana

2021-07-28 2021 Grand Design Momentum G-Class 21G View Listings

This was a waste of my money. Since we bought this new the fridge didn't work, x3 windows leaking, and still leaking after 2 trips to the dealer, ramp leaking, a/c kicks off,trim falling off in two different rooms, railing system bracket falling off after two ''fixes'', patio door window fell out, a/c condensation runs onto the awning and dumps gallons of water on my grandson when it collapsed, awning leaking, stove vent leaking,sink faucet leaked from day one into all my wifes cabinets, water running out of underside of camper and the list goes on. When I talked to the dealer after my 3rd trip in, which costs me an average of $125.00 dollars in fuel round trip,I told them I wanted a replacement, they said call Grand Design, which told me to contact the dealer. TERRIBLE customer service on both ends. We traded off a good camper and have a total of over 100k invested in this, and all we get is the run around. If I ran my business this way I'd go bankrupt. Their service is crap on all levels and they make us feel like we are being unreasonable when all we want is to have something to enjoy rather than have to work on every time we go camping. POOR POOR POOR quality and follow thru on all levels, and we will NOT be buying another one of these toy haulers from them. They smiled , took my money, and pretty much said see ya later sucker. Beware, they ain't what they seem to be
- Gregory Scott Lenon, Missouri

2021-07-21 2017 Forest River Shockwave T27RQDX View Listings

Bought new in 2017 and have made multiple trips across the country. Love the layout and versatility. We dry camp regularly with our UTV in the Arizona desert. Extremely disappointed with the complete lack of quality of this RV. Debris, nails and staples, wearing thru the floor, metal shavings and saw dust constantly falling from behind the microwave, when traveling. Previously owned a 2007 Forest River Rockwood travel trailer and was very happy with it.
- Jim, Arizona

2021-07-21 2018 Crossroads Zinger 338RR View Listings

2018 Crossroads ZINGER ZR338RR for sale. Clean title, ready to rock N roll. I bought this back in Feb of this year, but having to move for new job. That is just the fact, great camper / Toy Hauler for loading up dirt bikes, gators, ATV's etc. Let me know if you should need anymore information/pics sent day or night. You can reach me directly below. Kevin Richard Email: kevin.richard73@yahoo.com
- Kevin Richard, Kansas

2021-07-16 2006 Eclipse Attitude 30FSAK View Listings

Bought it new from Travelers RV in Reno. One trip out in triple digit temps resulted in 2-3 inches of defection every few feet in the siding. Had to fight with Eclipse to get it warrantied. They hauled it to southern CA after I refused to do it for them. Took them weeks to fix it. Said they would replace siding but ended up straightening and then OVER clearancing cut outs. Left an open container of putty on the floor, putty on our upholstery and kitchen cabinet tore apart on one end. Also did not clean up their crappy work on outside, did not tighten water line back up properly which shorted out water heater board. Bottom line is they butchered up our trailer and lied about agreed repairs. STAY AWAY from this manufacturer!
- Paul Van Winkle, Nevada

2021-07-09 2018 Keystone Raptor 424TS View Listings

This is the worst built trailer I have owned and would not recomend anyone to but it workmanship is so poor and the dealer or the company would do anything about it. It would be easier to tell you what was good on the trailer then all thats wrong . I have pictures and details if anyone wants to see
- Rod Alt, Florida

2021-07-07 2021 Heartland Torque T331 View Listings

Two months ago I bought a 2021 Heartland Torque T331 from a wholesale dealer in Ohio. Ever since I took delivery of it, there has been constant problems. Some of them include a broken awning bracket, a broken refrigerator handle, a water leak under the sink causing significant water damage, a water leak from the black tank flush hose under the king bed frame, a broken recessed floor mount for the table, front door sticks and won't shut correctly, a valance that busted off wall when I lowered the top bunk in the garage (due to their placement), among other things. Heartland Customer Service SUCKS!! They transferred me 8 times and disconnected me when I tried to file a warranty claim. My toyhauler looks great but their craftsmanship gets a big fat ZERO. This was assembled and built in March, who the heck inspected this unit before delivery to the dealer. Someone drilled a screw through a water line and another line was not even connected and tightened. Not a good impression on my first time with a Heartland product.
- Paul Harrington, New York

2021-07-06 2017 Jayco Octane T30F View Listings

Great Toy Hauler, can fit TWO quads or one BIG side by side. Feels like home. Comes standard with a generator, unlike most other toy haulers. Solar ready, great for boondocking. Has a vent for the stove which is also not so easy to find on other toy haulers (if you like to cook)
- Kate Zavacky, Pennsylvania

2021-06-24 2018 Grand Design Momentum M-Class 350M View Listings

Well built unit, tows ok but I need a bigger truck. HaHa. Nice design except for the lack of underneath storage. We like the 350M Momentum for is size and livability. Lots of room for the two of us. Not so much when the grandkids come, but we can handle it.
- George Wilson, New York