Class A - Diesel RVs Reviews on RV Insider (1,492)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Class A - Diesel RVs Reviews and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of these RVs.

Chase Herbig from Florida says:

Have you owned any Class A - Diesel RVs? Write a review

Voted Most Helpful Review 2016 Newmar King Aire 4503 View Listings

Purchased a King Air. Had a problem with the wall slide as it was not level. It was like walking on the side of a hill. Newmar knew they had the problems but sent them to the dealer with the defect. The dealer I also believe knew about the defect. Also the wall slide had a large dent from the inside out. Somehow I over looked it when I purchased but noticed it when I picked up the RV. Newmar service manager told me to bring the rv in and they would adjust the wall slide once they get the parts in from a vendor. This took a month. I refused to drive the RV to dealer since it was a 10 hour round trip then the same to pick up. Newmar manager said they would split the fuel. I was shocked. I refused and after I got my wife involved he agreed. He sent a driver to pick up the RV and returned it but they were suppose to repair the dent at the same time. They didn't stating they didn't have the time so I told The Newmar manager to keep it another week. Didn't hear back from him but the driver called and said he's on the way to deliver my RV. I was surprised that the dent was not going to be repaired but I told them that he would need to return the RV for repairs at his cost. When I got the RV back a few items that I gave the dealer to repair were not done and they destroyed my screen door and scratched up my stainless interior door panel. I later contacted Newmar service manager and told him that he needed to have the RV Ickes up to have the Dent repaired and the other screw up. He said it would be at my cost. Unbelievable,, after fighting thru this he agreed to pay for half the fuel cost. I was in absolute disbelief that this guy is asking me to not only return the RV to the dealer but was negotiating fuel cost. Are we talking about $100 at best. I owned one Essex my first RV then went into owning three preowned Prevosts. I honestly believed that I would get not only a superior RV but the best manufacture and dealer service. To the contrary I was in such disbelief that I sold the RV after owning about 4 months. I was concerned that if Newmar would treat us like they did after just paying over $700,000 for a King Aire what's it going to be like if I had another problem. Newmar knew of the defective wall slide as The service manager told me that they could fix in the field and had to have the vendor make the part for the fix. I have told my story to many many friend that RV and they have stayed away from Newmar. Be careful reading all of these great reviews. Many are staged. RVers need to look at for each other. The manufactures are not regulated like the vehicle manufactures. They dealt with me in bad faith and consumers need to be aware. RVT. Please publish.
- Chase Herbig , Florida

2020-01-19 2020 Newmar Ventana 4037 View Listings

This is our 4th Newmar (Bay Star, Canyon Star, Ventana) and now another Ventana. Canyon Star (gas) at 40 feet just didn’t have enough power for our needs. Had a few minor problems but all fixed on the rigs but we have talked to lots of folks over the last 15 years on the road and every brand has their share of problems. There is not a brand out there without issues. Some are production problems, some like a/c units are model problems and some are definitely owner caused problems. We have not had problems with getting it serviced but we did have a service writer that did not listen to us (twice,)but you will find that anywhere. Yes, next one will probably be a Newmar unless Winnebago management ruins the company. Yes, we have friends that swear by their Winnebago Horizons and others that swear at them!
- Keith Moes, Oregon

2020-01-18 2017 Holiday Rambler Scepter 43G View Listings

factory service has been great. i drove an other rv this last week and was shocked how poor that rv rode, drove and accelerated. same class a however very different. hr has always been a good quality rv company now they are part of the rev group which has meant better service. towing with the coach you will not know the tow vehicle is there. great product great floor plan.
- bc can, Alabama

2020-01-17 2006 Fleetwood Bounder Diesel 38S View Listings

No experience with this Rv just looking how solid is this unit has high mileage is this a one owner who make this Rv unity is is battery in unit is old is this three slides out do you take trade in tell me how loan work
- Wayne Perkins , Alabama

2020-01-15 2012 Monaco Vesta 35PBD View Listings

Super comfortable, great power, good fuel economy. Head turner! High quality finishes, excellent storage space inside and below. Two slide outs, spacious cockpit and interior. We have really enjoyed this one!
- Leslie Bertucci, Louisiana

2020-01-15 2004 Monaco Safari Cheetah View Listings

We purchased the coach new in 2004, We have had no major issues. Maintenance yes, as you have on all. I have totally upgraded interior, residential fridge, 2000 pure sine magnum inverter. Recently replaced water heater convection microwave oven also wash machine. Tires and batteries a couple years ago. We always tow a vehicle. Usually around 8 mpg. All depends on the wind.. nothing wrong with coach, just want a larger one..
- Roger Krumvieda, Arizona

2020-01-14 2006 Alfa Founder 36F View Listings

Purchased this motorhome and have owned it for 5 years. The only downfall was the blistering in the fiberglass which was a known problem on these coaches. Once this was repaired, it is one of the best handling and driving motorhomes I have ever had. Super tall ceilings inside and huge cabinet space.
- Mike Ferrugia, Texas

2020-01-12 2007 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit View Listings

My wife and I looked at lots of quality RV Class A diesel pushers ......Newmar...Winnebage.Tiffin....even Thor.....and by far the qualities of our 2007 Country Coach Allure SISKIYOU SUMMIT 470 by far beats these hands down in quality of building .....carpentry....and features...and most of all SPACE....we feel like we are in a small apartment.....I know I'm bias to be honest but I did my homework and this oldy but goodie has everything we were looking for....had everything looked at at NIRV in Dallas and everything passed with flying colors..👍.....OVERALL VERY IMPRESSED WITH THIS COACH.....even has solr panels on the roof to save on electricity.......
- RICK FRIEDMAN , Texas

2020-01-12 2011 Winnebago Via 25R View Listings

I converted a 1963 GM Highway Coach (PD4106) to a motorhome. It gets 6 miles to the gallon. Too expensive to go on long trips. My wife and I gave the bus conversion to my son and bought the MB Sprinter-based Via, it averages about 15 miles per gallon so a trip to California costs a third of what it costs with the bus! We chose the Via 25R because it has enough storage, both inside, with a big closet, and outside with bays and the big compartment above the wet bay. Winnebago's quality is better than most, most things work as expected, but most of what breaks is because it is cheap plastic. The Via 25R floor plan gives lots of room, but we are selling it because it is not a four-season motorhome. It'll keep you warm in the winter, but you have to wait for a thaw to dump it, and when it got really cold the freshwater lines froze. The Sprinter is a joy to drive. However, remember that all those yellow diamond shape signs with the curve or the suggested speed limit you can ignore in a car, well, they are meant for you. Slow down, take it easy. The size of the Via at 25'6" and less than 8' wide, makes it easy to park. On the street in the city you need two spots, in a parking lot at the grocery you need two spots, but getting out is easy, just watch your mirrors. The kitchen is adequate, the sink is a bit small, but there is room for everything you might want to take along. Including food, the pantry is big enough, the overhead bins are big enough. We enjoyed over a week with our son, his wife and two kids. Two couples and two kids! Not bad for tiny little MH that gets 15 mpg!
- johngrootjr, Massachusetts

2020-01-12 2011 Monaco Diplomat 43PKQ View Listings

Fantastic coach! All the comforts of home on wheels. Hot or cold weather the insulation is superb. The paint on the coach looks almost as if it was new. The floor plan on this coach is one of the best I have seen. Towing a 28 foot enclosed trailer was a dream on the highway.
- Scott, North Carolina

2020-01-12 2013 Tiffin Allegro Phaeton 40QBH View Listings

Before we purchased our Tiffin we were American Eagle fans. Now that we are in the Tiffin, we will never go elsewhere. Excellent customer service from Bob Tiffin himself to the person letting you in the property. Class Acts! Unbelievable make you feel like family atmosphere. We use our RV to tow a 34’ stacker race car trailer and when not racing, we take it on vacations. We love the way it drives and pulls the trailer, we love the comfortable chairs, benches, couches and beds. We love the layout. It truly is a great addition to our family!! Highly recommend!!! 10 stars!
- Dean Miller, Virginia

2020-01-12 1998 Country Coach Country Coach Intrigue View Listings

This Country Coach Intrique w/ Great Room Slide has been terrific for us for many years. The quality thruout is very good, it drives very easy, the one piece fiber roof and sides, and double windows have been no problem, as has been the drive train. I cannot think of one thing that could have been better. They still look good and i'm sure will last many more years!
- garyphillips, New Jersey

2020-01-11 2008 Four Winds Mandalay Presidio View Listings

My experienced with this motor home has been a very positive one. It has so many exceptional qualities. It is roomy and has a homey feel to it and driving and maneuvering it is a breeze. I would not hesitate to purchase another motor home just like it.
- dwightfthayer, Arizona

2020-01-10 2017 American Coach American Dream 45A View Listings

Bought new 2017 Dream 45a in early 2018 and got a much better deal than any comparable coach. Have had several issues that have all been resolved through multiple visits to Alavarado and Decatur Rev service centers. Very disappointed that they closed the Alvarado center! Have now owned the coach for 2+ years and am very happy with purchase. Decatur service center is very good with troubleshooting and repairs, however they take their time - hopefully to do a good job of repairs. Had a few build quality issues, however most issues were with misc equipment not manufactured by American Coach (air conditioners, multiplex controller, tire monitors, etc). Biggest issue was with interior wood becoming “sticky” in hot high humidity conditions (we live in Texas). Took coach to cabinet manufacturer in Fort Wayne and they treated all interior wood to correct - so far so good. Only issue I don’t like about coach is factory recommended ride height, as hitch on rear of coach frequently drags in minor dips on driveways. Love the power with the Cummins ISX. Factory service was very good and they took care of issues that were ongoing beyond initial warranty period. Only negative was having to go to Decatur.
- James miller, Texas

2020-01-07 2003 Travel Supreme Select 36DS04 View Listings

I am very interested in your mobile home could you call me at 510 377 9415. Looking to travel cross country just retired would like to see mobile in person and possible drive it. We can workout a deal I am ready just contact me.
- Richard Hall, California

2020-01-04 2016 Thor Motor Coach Tuscany 36MQ View Listings

I have owned several RV and in 2016 I bought the Tuscany 36MQ new and it is the most functional RV, perfectly laid out. The factory support was always helpful when needed.It is great on fuel. The past 3 years I have averaged overall 9.85MPG. I've had very few problems, most I took care of. Dealership and factory support was also great.
- munroer1, Florida

2020-01-02 2015 Itasca Ellipse 42QD View Listings

THIS COACH IS SPACIOUS TO LIVE IN HAVE HAD FOR 2 YEARS AND NEEDS NOTHING 14,000 MILES AND A 3 YEAR ASSURANT EXTENDED WARRANTY INCLUDED AND TRANSFERABLE IN THE PRICE. GREAT COLOR COMBINATION AND INTERIOR COLOR AND WOOD WORK WIFE UNABLE TO TRAVEL ANYMORE SO OUR SO OUR MISFORTUNE CAN SOMEONE'S TREASURE 450 CUMMINS IS A DREAM TO DRIVE
- Lou Costanza, Florida

2020-01-01 2008 Monaco Dynasty Squire IV View Listings

This is 1 plush motor home. They don’t build them like this anyway! Has all the bells and whistles. I have owned for 3 years and have decided to buy park model. I’m right now located Rv park in Buckeye az thru March and than will return home to Minnesota.
- Nathan Bode, Minnesota

2019-12-27 2018 Winnebago Horizon 40A View Listings

Wonderful New design is BEST I have ever seen !! Home away from home with every luxury I can imagine. 3 air Condition Roof units, Fireplace for ALL seasons.T.V.s Raise fromunder countertop and store away under countertop to have full View of Mountians , Ocean. 8.9 L Diesel has more than enough power entering Interstate from on Ramp and 10,000 Generator provides Power to Run EVERYTHING !!
- Tiffany Hobson, North Carolina

2019-12-27 2018 Thor Motor Coach Aria 3901 View Listings

Friends of our cut their losses and sold their Aria for a Dutch Star. The floor plan is great, but everything after that is a huge disappointment. The quality of the workmanship is extremely disappointing. We have had so many problems with the motor home that it would take me days to summarize. When you see discounts on the new models, it’s because the secret is out about quality and customer support. If you are looking for a very disappointing experience and a significant loss in value, buy a Thor and buy it from La Mesa. This is not a disgruntled customer expressing an emotional concern, this is a interested person trying to help others.
- Bill Norton , Florida

2019-12-26 2003 Newmar Dutch Star 3803 View Listings

This was our first Motorhome. We chose to purchase an older unit in July of 2016. We loved the lifestyle. Newmar stills has parts for this older model and I can get someone pleasant on the phone to help us every time. Real Wood interiors and you can tell the quality. The 330 Cat and Onan 7500 Generator provide ample power for all our needs. Love the Newmar Brand.
- Bill Semple, Florida

2019-12-25 1996 Safari Serengeti S39 View Listings

Please please please read this before looking or thinking about this Serengeti coach for sale!!!! I drove 15 hrs to basically buy this coach after a 4k deposit and many conversations w the owner re condition. The unit is a complete bust and anyone considering this Serengeti need not pay any attention to the owners erroneous depiction. She lied and misled me through the ad and in her own words. Its got many areas on the body that have been impacted as well as a complete indent of the whole rear end. No accidents or damage she claims!!! Absolutely not true!! And then you enter the supposed "well maintained" interior. Again...a complete fabrication of truth. The ceiling is shot in all bedroom from major water damage/leaks.Many other areas of water leaks as well. Cabinetry is rough and off hinges. Wood flooring is completely shot. Carpet as well. Furniture is unusable. The unit is dirty, unkept, and a real turn off. Essentially I drove 15 hours... spent 10 minutes, and left to drive 15hrs back. On top of it all...she will not return one dollar of my deposit... eventually threatening me w harrasment if I called her again in a plea to return something. Please please please...anyone interested in this coach... don't waste your time.
- Douglas, Florida

2019-12-25 2015 Winnebago Journey 40U View Listings

Great rig....Freightliner chassis is a dream unit to drive. Very comfortable for long drives. Plenty of power and stable for towing my JEEP Grand Cherokee. This Motorhome is very livable, all the amenities of home.
- Carl Stevens, Arizona

2019-12-24 2002 American Coach American Heritage 45SS View Listings

I bought this 2002 American Heritage 45SS and am the current owner and paid cash and I would like to put it on the market through RVT as my health will not allow me to enjoy it I've added a few more upgrade as a brand new exhaust new 10,000# tow hitch and many more with complete documentation the ad number that it was listed under was 8614695 could you also please send all prior description that the previous owner Larry Brown listed on your site as I will pay the cost to have this done thank you waiting to hear from you..Val Valdez
- Val Valdez, South Carolina

2019-12-22 2001 Newmar Mountain Aire 4095 View Listings

We have truly enjoyed our time in this rv it handles and drives great and is a quality coach with all of the bells and whistles even though it is an older model we have completely updated the inside and everything is in working order. We are ready to retire from traveling. This unit will make someone a beautiful motorhome with lots of miles left in her. Great quality interior without the new price.
- Ron Carman , Florida