Class A - Diesel Reviews on RV Insider (1,558)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Class A - Diesel RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Chase Herbig from Florida says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2016 Newmar King Aire 4503 View Listings

Purchased a King Air. Had a problem with the wall slide as it was not level. It was like walking on the side of a hill. Newmar knew they had the problems but sent them to the dealer with the defect. The dealer I also believe knew about the defect. Also the wall slide had a large dent from the inside out. Somehow I over looked it when I purchased but noticed it when I picked up the RV. Newmar service manager told me to bring the rv in and they would adjust the wall slide once they get the parts in from a vendor. This took a month. I refused to drive the RV to dealer since it was a 10 hour round trip then the same to pick up. Newmar manager said they would split the fuel. I was shocked. I refused and after I got my wife involved he agreed. He sent a driver to pick up the RV and returned it but they were suppose to repair the dent at the same time. They didn't stating they didn't have the time so I told The Newmar manager to keep it another week. Didn't hear back from him but the driver called and said he's on the way to deliver my RV. I was surprised that the dent was not going to be repaired but I told them that he would need to return the RV for repairs at his cost. When I got the RV back a few items that I gave the dealer to repair were not done and they destroyed my screen door and scratched up my stainless interior door panel. I later contacted Newmar service manager and told him that he needed to have the RV Ickes up to have the Dent repaired and the other screw up. He said it would be at my cost. Unbelievable,, after fighting thru this he agreed to pay for half the fuel cost. I was in absolute disbelief that this guy is asking me to not only return the RV to the dealer but was negotiating fuel cost. Are we talking about $100 at best. I owned one Essex my first RV then went into owning three preowned Prevosts. I honestly believed that I would get not only a superior RV but the best manufacture and dealer service. To the contrary I was in such disbelief that I sold the RV after owning about 4 months. I was concerned that if Newmar would treat us like they did after just paying over $700,000 for a King Aire what's it going to be like if I had another problem. Newmar knew of the defective wall slide as The service manager told me that they could fix in the field and had to have the vendor make the part for the fix. I have told my story to many many friend that RV and they have stayed away from Newmar. Be careful reading all of these great reviews. Many are staged. RVers need to look at for each other. The manufactures are not regulated like the vehicle manufactures. They dealt with me in bad faith and consumers need to be aware. RVT. Please publish.
- Chase Herbig , Florida

2020-04-01 2002 Winnebago Ultimate Advantage 38K View Listings

This motorhome is both comfortable inside and powerful. It can accommodate, comfortably, a group of four. It has made both long and short trips without any serious mechanical or other functional issue. Occasional maintenance work and replacements have been needed during our ownership, but that has been the extent of the care required.
- Larry K, California

2020-03-31 2017 Holiday Rambler Scepter 43G View Listings

factory service is the best. they have serviced coach since new have always taken care of any problem. even after warranty. great company to work with. has been great coach always comfortable everything has met satisfaction.
- bc, Alabama

2020-03-27 2008 American Coach American Tradition 40Z View Listings

A really comfortable RV to stay in with excellent driving and towing.Beautiful coach, Woodwork and cabinets are awesome. Very well built coach.The best made RV in the industry - American Coach.
- John , California

2020-03-26 2007 Monaco Cayman XL 38PBT View Listings

Original owners. All service and maintenance records are available. Cummins ISB325HP diesel engine, Allison 6 speed transmission. 75 gallon diesel tank can fill from either side of motorhome (no special additive needed). 4 air bags, automatic leveling system, full body paint (3M shield on front has been removed) Four door stainless steel refrigerator. Microwave/convection oven. In motion satellite. Blackout day/night shades as well as black out front windshield curtain. All outside window covers, mirror covers, tire covers and front windshield cover included. 10 gal gas/electric water heater. Dual 13.5 BTU A/C & heat pump with digital thermostat. 2 rain sensor fantastic fans. Door, living room, bedroom and kitchen window awnings as well as 19 ft electric Eclipse patio awning. Slide out bay storage tray. 3 camera rear vision system. Splendide 2000S washer/dryer. Central vacuum system. Ceiling fan in bedroom. Sofa is Hide-A-Bed with air mattress. 2000 watt inverter. 8.0 Onan Diesel generator. Sleep number queen bed. Transferable Good Sam Extended Warranty that's good up to 150,000 miles. We lived in this RV full time for 10 years. It is VERY comfortable. We tow a 2015 Jeep Cherokee without any problems. The only reason we are selling is that we purchased a home in Florida and are ready to stop traveling.
- Jackie Hild, Florida

2020-03-25 2018 Thor Motor Coach Aria 3901 View Listings

Ok the electric side of water heater dint work can’t start generator with firefly system just had to put the back splash back on the wall in kitchen gfi in the bathroom keep tripping also just Lose the camera on mirror. The basement when driving in the rain floods. I have two wires loose in water bay just hanging
- Nathan lawson, Ohio

2020-03-25 2015 Tiffin Allegro Bus 40SP View Listings

Powerglide chassis drives straight and solid, no wandering even in high winds. Plenty of power to tow. Comfortable interior with 3 TV's, reclining euro chair and footrests in couch. Heated tile floors and fireplace keep it cozy year round. Lots of storage in easy to access pull out trays. We like it so much we ordered a new Tiffin Bus with the same options and floor plan.
- Craig, California

2020-03-21 2003 Holiday Rambler Ambassador 36PST View Listings

I have had this rv and have replaced alot of things as you see in the description. Replaced some because I wanted to lessen the chance of failure. Like all the drive belts which weren't worn out but still relaced with new. It's in excellent mechanical condition. I had the engine set up for maximum performance by a trained professional, who specialized in diesel along with the turbo to set up for maximum power and efficiency. The motorhome is very well powered and handles the steepest hills and cruises down the highway with ease. Very smooth and very powerful, Holiday Rambler along with Cummins and Allyson transmission did a great job at sizing the drive traing for this motorhome. Many people have asked me if it is an 8.3 liter cummins which it is. Cummins has been making the 8.3 liter since the 1990 and it has been their lead engine for the motorhome industry. What many people don't realize is that the cummins 8.3 liter comes in many flavors meaning horsepower and torque. That why when you see an cummins 8.3 liter engine in a motorhome the horse power, transmission and full drive train has been designed specifically for the specs of the motorhome it's going in. The key (which I have done ) is to keep the engine along with the turbo set up for maximum horsepower and effiency. The rest of the drivetrain has already been done. This is the best running smoothest and highly powered motorhome I have had. Another option that can be done is there are lots of kits available that could increase horsepower. After having the engine and turbo set up by an expert. I have chosen not to mess with the design of a very well powered and efficient engine that surpass my performance needs,along with towing needs
- mjary162, Florida

2020-03-20 2000 Foretravel Motorcoach Foretravel U320 View Listings

This the best driving and best floor plan I have ever had. This coach is awesome we just need to do some different things in our life now. Turns great if you need dump tag for shorted turns. Motor is powerful just purrs at 1600 rpm I love this rig . Foretravel is one of the best ever buildt
- Rick Maddox, Washington

2020-03-19 2019 Winnebago Horizon 40A View Listings

When you advertise $469,000 msrp you better build a quality rig! Ha jokes on me! This is the most unreliable rig! 30 days of ownership:rear jackswouldnt retract told leveling pump bad... one week later-front jacks won’t go down. Aqua hot intermittent, massive ATF LEAK, slide trim facia bent while retracting slide, firefly intermittently inop, inverter inop, mid a/c inop when generator on, fridge leaking glycol, induction burners inop (they were never plugged in!) Countless trim issues, that don’t even matter because the horrific mechanics Cause you to not even think about those issues!
- Ellen Huber, Illinois

2020-03-17 2005 Beaver Monterey Montclair View Listings

We bought it being the 3rd owner. It is very roomy, set up nice. Not the most luxurious models but still very nice inside. Definitely could use a dishwasher for everyday living like we do. Still get many nice comments.
- Sarah , Florida

2020-03-14 2008 Holiday Rambler Neptune XL 35SBD View Listings

excellent motorhome, enough power when needed,quality interior and exterior, have had other mh's including Winnebago, Fleetwood but this has been out best one. holiday rambler offers many useful options and the cost of the motorhome is quite reasonable.
- tom bialkowski, Arizona

2020-03-13 2007 Country Coach Magna Galileo 630 View Listings

Bought ours from Premier in Junction City Or. It was gorgeous, and Premier had spiffed it up. We have owned it 5 years now, and wouldn’t trade it for anything else on the market regardless of price. Ours has the 625 HP Caterpillar engine, a powerful and reliable engine. This what he likes: Performance and great handling, whether it is doing the screwball curves of Umpquah River Road or I-5. This is a stiff and able road machine and almost agile for her 45’. She likes: Livability, heated floors, dishwasher, the works- no complaints. Looking for a motorhome? We recommend test driving one of these before going exotic with a or Newal.
- Lance Cross, Oregon

2020-03-12 2014 Winnebago Tour 42QD View Listings

We have had this coach for approx 5 years and have enjoyed every moment. Winnebago has handled items in and out of warranty. The documentation they give you on the coach is extensive. (5) large books which explains items in detail. Our down time was kept to a minimum. We took mamy long trips and the ease of driving couldn't be better. If I was looking for a new coach I would start with Winnebago. Regards, Stephen Blust
- bluststephen, Florida

2020-03-10 2019 Fleetwood Discovery 38N View Listings

Just picked one up, little used 12K on it. The caftmanship is top of the line for the price. The floor layout in the N is perfect for grand parents with Grandkids. Bunks are out of the way and easy to cover up. The power, and technicals are 1st class... I added my own Cradlepoint LTE/WIFI box so I can manage this remotely. I would recommend this coach for intermediate RV'ers and also the pro's. I am going to replace the TV in the kitchen for a 50" because I love a BIG TV. Enjoy!!!!
- Marty, Florida

2020-03-10 2014 Itasca Reyo 25T View Listings

The itasca reyo 24.5 ft diesel powered motor home is easy to maneuver around town and camp sites. The 188 hp diesel motor gets us 16 mpg. We have enjoyed touring in it. It is an extremely comfortable ride. The Mercedes chassis is very stable platform. We feel very little movement when passed by semi trucks. The floor plan is ideal for two people. We pull a 5000lb trailer easily. We added a break controller to assist in stopping. The quality in the coach is superior to our last jayco pennical. The 3200 kw diesel generator is quite and is easy on fuel. The drivers side door is very convenient at fuel stations. We bought it used so I dont really have knowledge of the warranty.
- Ron Mau , Missouri

2020-03-08 2020 Entegra Coach Cornerstone 45F View Listings

I had a 2019 and it was great. I sold it because of the new equipment and electronics 2020. It had some bugs but, Dixie RV and the factory handled it. I am happy and plan on ordering the same thing again.
- Greg Connell, Texas

2020-03-06 2002 Winnebago Journey DL 39QD View Listings

My wife and I sold our home and decided to live full time in a motorhome. We looked at most brands and fell in love with the Winnebago Journey. The floor plan was perfect and the quality was top notch. I was a maintenance mechanic for a major chemical plant for 28 years so I really inspected the mechanical parts of the motorhome. I was very impressed with how heavy duty everything was built. We have been living in it for three years now and the motorhome has been great! I have found that the worst thing you can do when owning one of these Journey's is to let it sit and not be driven. The only time we stayed in one spot for several months. I did not use any fuel stabiliser and algae grew in the diesel fuel and clogged up the fuel filter. Thankfully I had stored extra filters on board and spending 20 minutes replacing it we were riding strong again. That was not a quality issue however with the Winnebago, this was my fault. The motorhome is built on a custom Freightliner chassis and a very strong Caterpillar Diesel engine that will last for many hundred thousand miles. When I first bought it I thought that it was going to be hard to drive. I was wrong about that for sure. I found out that it was easy to drive and very safe with having ABS and the engine brake. Even pulling a car dolly with a 2005 Ford Five Hundred ( which is a four door full size car) was a breeze. I feel very confident behind the wheel, even at 80 miles an hour. It handles great! Winnebago really hit a home run with this motorhome. One thing that you realize when driving the Journey is how quiet it is at highway speeds. It has no rattles or vibrations and rides so smooth. It reminds me of when I would ride in my fathers 1974 Ford Grand Torino Elite. Like riding on a cloud of air. Honestly there is not one thing that I can think of that Winnebago could have improved on with this motorhome. There are some class A builders out there that do make a beautiful motorhome. However now when I look at them and living in a quality built Winnebago, I can see how cheaply they are built. In the future if I ever buy another motorhome, it will be a Winnebago Journey.
- Chad Hosmer, South Carolina

2020-03-04 2008 Fleetwood Revolution LE 42K View Listings

This is a great RV for long term touring or weekend escapes plenty of space and extremely comfortable . It’s towing ability is unsurpassed and with plenty of power it is a pleasure to drive for many miles at a time. The bath and 1/2 is a real treat and should be the standard in all large coaches.
- Gary Eickmann, Oregon

2020-03-03 1998 Holiday Rambler Navigator 40WDS View Listings

Rare duel axel 1998 Holiday Rambler Vacationer 35,000 Low miles. I bought this from a auction a few years back and had it “drove” 250 miles to a yard where it was serviced and winterized . Recently it seems like the old mighty dollar isn’t coming in like it used to so I figured I’d try to recoup a little money and give someone a great deal ..-).. The rv is currently at my sisters in North Carolina as i reside in Southern California. The coach could be looked at at my sisters but will need to coordinate with Her and her husband and their day jobs - I was quoted $1200 to $2300 dollars to have the RV shipped to me but it is a driver if you need to get it to where you live. its driveS and is road worthy. ... This is Mode 35wgs equipped with all the goodies- Ford duel axel chassis with a gas driven v 10 engine- Rebuilt Transmission I believe in 2014 there is paperwork. Clothes washer- full kitchen- full walk in shower with dressing area and toilet. level jacks - 1 pop/slide out in living room - onan generator- pull down canopy- stove - oven - microwave- refrigerator- sleeps 7- Master Bedroom- etc Now there is a few things that have age and it may seem like a lot but I don’t want to leave anything out so I’m mentioning everything i can here . Most people try to hide the stuff till you show up. Noticed on the back exterior on the driver side someone backed into something on the corner it’s just a lower corner of the Rv- I believe this to be a easy fiberglass repair- Also - The carpet and chairs I have where on them this I was going to replace if I kept the coach- I recently replaced the carpet in my 34 1/2 for it and got it done for $600 carpet and labor . I replaced it with a low-cut Berber I got a remnant from the carpet company. Wallpaper glue here and there is starting to peel due to his age- - One piece a veneer on the cabinet needs to be replaced- really though these are all simple fixes. I have recently seen these rv”s in decent shape go from $25-$26,000 and up with more mileage so please do your homework and buy with confidence this is your chance to get a really nice coach at a really good deal . I am listing this locally as well both in California and North Carolina . I did list this thing pretty low so someone can get a good deal but please Instead of lowballing On the price maybe throw in something for a partial trade to make up the difference if you’re going to give me a cash offer- I will take trade up to $2500 for harley Davidson - triumph - bsa - 53-54-55-56 chevy or buick wagon -A good running and reliable car you can get out to California- etc- let me know what you have.
- Vinnie, North Carolina

2020-03-03 2006 Fleetwood Providence 39S View Listings

GREAT Motorhome. We traveled thru out the U.S. the last 15 months in ours and had absolutely zero problems. Towing our Jeep Wrangler you’d never know it’s behind you. Smooth easy ride and a pleasure to drive.
- Richard , California

2020-03-03 2015 Winnebago Tour 42HD View Listings

Endless problems during the first two years. All four slide motors failed on all four slides and had to be replaced. All 4 Aqua Hot 4 pumps failed. Dryer motor failed. 25 LED lights failed. Toilet pump in rear bath failed. Both Awing drive motors failed. Front tires had to be replaced as they were out of round. Air pump for bed had to be replace. Air mattress on king bed had to be replaced, was not holding air. Rear Tail lights had to be replaced as control unit failed. Windshield leaked and was replaced. Window by master bed had to replaced. Control unit for the CD player failed and had to be replaced. Walls and doors moved while traveling and were poorly installed. Need I say more and I could go on. To say the least Winnebago needs some significant QA improvement their products
- John Baerthlein, Nevada

2020-03-03 2019 Thor Motor Coach Aria 3901 View Listings

Great floor plan; however, the quality of the motor home is extremely poor. We’ve had issues with the AC, outside tv has been replaced by us personally, the rear ladder is not very sturdy, right side headlight cover fell off and I could go on. Very disappointing experience and we met another couple last November who have had the same experience. There are other brands. Make sure you do your homework when buying a Thor Aria. We are greatly disappointed and will have to impact resale.
- William Norton , Florida

2020-02-29 2019 Thor Motor Coach Palazzo 33.2 View Listings

We enjoy how our new Motor Coach handles, it drives great. We are very disappointed in the quality of the interior, we are especially disappointed in the dealership (Camping World) that sold us the new Motor Coach. Since our purchase about nine weeks ago, the coach has spent most of this time in CW Shop, We would not recommend anyone buying Thor or buying from Camping World.
- Tom Ridenhower, North Carolina

2020-02-29 2005 Newmar Mountain Aire 4018 View Listings

I own a Mountain Aire and we have had problems with a lot of the functionality of the unit. 1. Drive train was also a little off and would sift oddly in high terrain. 2. Engine seems to be over working with towing to the point that we would stop and let it cool before embarking on uneven roads. 3.The electronics were okay, but some of the string lights would go out and the entire line would need to be replaced. 4. The leather was always wrinkling causing aesthetic issues. 5. The cabinet doors were great and held up well but the cabinets themselves were extremely thin and have no strength to them.
- Cade Gibson, Indiana