Class A - Diesel RVs Reviews (1,346)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Class A - Diesel RVs Reviews and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of these RVs.

Chase Herbig from Florida says:

Have you owned any Class A - Diesel RVs? Write a review

Voted Most Helpful Review 2016 Newmar King Aire 4503 View Listings

Purchased a King Air. Had a problem with the wall slide as it was not level. It was like walking on the side of a hill. Newmar knew they had the problems but sent them to the dealer with the defect. The dealer I also believe knew about the defect. Also the wall slide had a large dent from the inside out. Somehow I over looked it when I purchased but noticed it when I picked up the RV. Newmar service manager told me to bring the rv in and they would adjust the wall slide once they get the parts in from a vendor. This took a month. I refused to drive the RV to dealer since it was a 10 hour round trip then the same to pick up. Newmar manager said they would split the fuel. I was shocked. I refused and after I got my wife involved he agreed. He sent a driver to pick up the RV and returned it but they were suppose to repair the dent at the same time. They didn't stating they didn't have the time so I told The Newmar manager to keep it another week. Didn't hear back from him but the driver called and said he's on the way to deliver my RV. I was surprised that the dent was not going to be repaired but I told them that he would need to return the RV for repairs at his cost. When I got the RV back a few items that I gave the dealer to repair were not done and they destroyed my screen door and scratched up my stainless interior door panel. I later contacted Newmar service manager and told him that he needed to have the RV Ickes up to have the Dent repaired and the other screw up. He said it would be at my cost. Unbelievable,, after fighting thru this he agreed to pay for half the fuel cost. I was in absolute disbelief that this guy is asking me to not only return the RV to the dealer but was negotiating fuel cost. Are we talking about $100 at best. I owned one Essex my first RV then went into owning three preowned Prevosts. I honestly believed that I would get not only a superior RV but the best manufacture and dealer service. To the contrary I was in such disbelief that I sold the RV after owning about 4 months. I was concerned that if Newmar would treat us like they did after just paying over $700,000 for a King Aire what's it going to be like if I had another problem. Newmar knew of the defective wall slide as The service manager told me that they could fix in the field and had to have the vendor make the part for the fix. I have told my story to many many friend that RV and they have stayed away from Newmar. Be careful reading all of these great reviews. Many are staged. RVers need to look at for each other. The manufactures are not regulated like the vehicle manufactures. They dealt with me in bad faith and consumers need to be aware. RVT. Please publish.
- Chase Herbig , Florida

2019-08-21 2005 Newmar Kountry Star 3720 View Listings

I have owned my Newmar for 9 years and have never been broken down. The systems, A/c /heating, slides, engine, chassis, and interior systems have always been the best. Newmar has great customer service for questions about doing regular maintenance or parts issues.
- Robert, Florida

2019-08-21 2015 Fleetwood Discovery 40E View Listings

Have a issue with the DuraSheild Coating on the front and front left & right side with brown spots still under warranty DuraSheild reps say spots are caused buy the sun and won't cover it, Fleetwood Factory said I'm on my own and they are the one that put it on. Had I known I was going to have this problem I would have never let them put it on it's sad when the factory can't stand behind their product don't buy from Fleetwood go somewhere else most of all stay away from durasheild.
- Dancenotti@gmail.com, Florida

2019-08-21 2000 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 38WDD View Listings

Choosing a diesel vs a gas motorhome should be based on various factors including where you are likely to vacation. The diesel one will let you climb mountains with ease and get you down the other side with ease using the air brakes. Diesel motorhomes are quieter to drive and give better fuel economy and they have more torque than the gas models, giving impressive towing capabilities. They also have a much longer life if they are maintained. The Endeavor has a better turning radius than most motorhomes. If you are a snowbird or are planning a longer vacation, you will find that the additional space provided in a larger unit will make for a more pleasant experience, giving each person more personal space. When the slide outs are retracted, some RV's loose important facilities such as the bathroom, bedroom or refrigerators. This becomes inconvenient such as when you stop at rest areas or non camping sites. Our RV only looses the ability to access a few drawers in the bedroom. All other areas are fully accessible. This aspect is often overlooked when selecting an RV. The patio awning is not able to be very large if there are slide outs in that side of the RV. The Holiday Rambler Endeavor is the model that gives you "the most bang for your buck" according to the manufacturer as it has all the components of the luxury line.
- Katharine MacLean, Ontario

2019-08-21 2008 Winnebago Journey 39Z View Listings

We have owned the RV since 08 bought it brand new, we have used it 2x a year. Put tires on it all around last year. RV has been stored under cover since purchased. Never have had problems with RV. Has brand new 2 recliners. Has washer & dryer, surround sound system with satellite TV.
- York, Kentucky

2019-08-19 2002 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 40PBT View Listings

Always dependable. We have had many amazing vacations in our RV. We updated it for more comfort. It is a great size for us and our daughter and a friend to be comfortable. We usually entertain in our RV when we camp with other friends who camp with us.
- Jesse, California

2019-08-19 2011 Tiffin Phaeton 40QTH View Listings

I love this Coach! I call it our one bedroom condo on wheels with ever changing views. The quality is very nice and the kitchen with the pull out counter make it a dream to cook in. Love the king bed with windows for fresh night air. The two bathroom sinks for hi/hers are perfect. It floats down the road and I sit in the passenger recliner reading a book, just like sitting in your living room.Lots of engine to get us over the passes with a jeep tow behind. Quality/comfort equals easy living!
- Julia Lowden, Washington

2019-08-16 2010 Tiffin Allegro Bus 40QXP View Listings

The Tiffin Allegro Bus is a great coach for full time or extended living. Quality materials are used from floor to ceiling to insure that it will last. Tiffin's service and standing behind their product is legendary in the industry. Mr Bob Tiffin can be reached by phone and that is unheard of from the CEO of large company. The Cummins engine, Allison transmission, and Spartan chassis on our unit makes it easy to drive and provides a quiet, smooth ride. Our 40 QXP has a floorpan that suits our style. You may like something different but make sure its a Tiffin!
- Bill Kelly, Michigan

2019-08-16 2012 Tiffin Allegro Breeze 32BR View Listings

This RV is a perfect size for 2 people and 4 dogs traveling to dog shows. Or with the crates removed and the cabinet and couch reinstalled would be fun for 4 people to use with ease for any adventure. All the features are functional and diesel mileage is approximately 10 mpg. It's a Tiffin so reliability and product support is not a worry.
- Cindy Garcia, California

2019-08-15 2014 Itasca Reyo 25Q View Listings

Great driving Rv. Good power pulling jeep. 12 to 14 mi to the gal pulling. Kitchen is alittle small so we had afold up table with 3 shelfs that gave plenty of counter. good walk around queen bed thats comfort. Great built in sterio , DVD, CD, Radio, surround sound. Satt., 2 TVS. Over th air antana to get local channels. Solar hooked to battery while in storage works switch on or off @ coach. Refig works 12 V, Pop., Gas,110VT.Good storage compartments. No jacks, but has a large set to level with. Front seats turn around to give more seats in livingroom room. Fine rig.
- Ron Prather, Idaho

2019-08-14 2008 Winnebago Journey 37H View Listings

Purchased in 2010 as a new unit, been completely satisfied in size, handling and mobility. Looking to sell to get a new unit. Not a lot of bells and whistles on unit so there was nothing to break down. Towing was a breeze 37 feet is very easy to move around in.
- wsmith@wsmith.ca, New Brunswick

2019-08-12 2017 Winnebago Forza 36G View Listings

Outstanding customer service at Winnebago and Freightliner. Easy to drive, good visibility, great comfort all around. Unit is well balanced, but the automatic leveling and retracting seems a bit slow.
- JIM BROCKMANN, Indiana

2019-08-12 2015 Newmar Ventana 4315 View Listings

I love this RV. The floorplan is perfect for families with the bunk beds mid-cabin, sleeper sofa up front, and the king bed in the back. The 400 hp Cummings engine is plenty powerful to get around, even while towing an SUV. Quality Newmar construction with Comfort Steering. We got one with all the bells and whistles and were able to live comfortably on it full-time. An all electric coach with the Oasis hydronic heating is the way to go! We also enjoyed the exterior TV/Soundbar under the awning. If you are looking for a quality bunkhouse RV, I would definitely recommend this one.
- Dave, Virginia

2019-08-10 2008 Fleetwood Discovery 35H View Listings

During my ownership of this RV, I have been to many trade shows and looked at other RV's - this 35 ft Fleetwood Discovery always excels over all others even new models. The quality, size, floor plan, spaciousness, decor and livability are the best I have found. The mechanical aspects of the Freightliner chassis, Cummins diesel engine and Allison transmission allow for comfortable, easy, dependable and worry free driving. This 35 ft Fleetwood Discovery will tick all of your boxes making it the perfect choice for your next RV. Due to lifestyle changes, it is now necessary to sell.
- Judith Vaughn, Florida

2019-08-09 2019 Winnebago Forza 38F View Listings

The purpose of this review is to share our recent experience buying a 2019 Winnebago Forza 38F from La Mesa RV in Sacramento. First mistake. Lost $18,000 on my trade-in of another Winnebago. Sell your RV rather than trading it to the dealer. You will only lose. Yes. I get the stupid award for my error. It’s only money. Right? First correct move. Shop for an interest rate. Shop for gap insurance, extended warranty, tire insurance, etc.; If you live in California, it is illegal for on-line insurance brokers to offer gap insurance unless they are licensed in California. Second big mistake. Do not accept your coach at the walk-through if there is anything that does not work, which is why I am writing this review. The salespeople will tell you that you are family and they want you to be happy. (If your crap detector has not gone off at this point, then you are about to get suckered.) Once you accept the coach you are at the total mercy of the dealer’s service department. No more family; we want you to be happy. Our nightmare from our walk-through follows: 1. Faucet was not attached to the countertop. The threads on the faucet were stripped. I am putting a better faucet in myself. 2. Refrigerator door slightly out of alignment. The walk-through person said, “No problem. Service will fix it.” 3. Refrigerator door latch failed. We were barely 5 minutes out of our driveway when the refrigerator door flung open and hit my grandson. The latch failed because the door was severely tweaked. We had to use bungie cords wrapped around the broken faucet to hold the door shut. 4. Generator would not start. The tech could not get the generator to start. There was clearly a problem with generator and probably needed to get repaired by the Onan dealer. It turns out, the generator just needed to be primed. 5. Screen door must be slammed to close it and squeaks like crazy when driving. A private mechanic we hired, because I do not trust the dealer, says the latch catch is installed too far into the door frame. The door is now bent out at the top and the bottom. Poor quality control. 6. Storage bay doors pop open when locked as we drive. Fortunately, nothing has fallen out that could cause damage to a person or property. If that happens, I will get sued aside from hurting someone. The dealer, La Mesa RV, and Winnebago are oblivious to the problem. The mechanic we hired noted that the gaskets around the doors are too big. As the coach twists, the locks release. He also stated that the screws will pull out of the side panels. There is evidence that is already occurring with barely 2,000 miles on the coach. Horrible design and no quality control. 7. Water fill. There is no gravity fill. The internal water lines all leak. Poor design. 8. Gray water/black water drain position does not allow the sewer line to be connected. The angle is too tight. The opening to drop the sewer line out the bottom of the bay is located next to the door rather than directly beneath the drain opening. Poor design. We have had the coach for about two months now. Only one trip. Every RV we have purchased had some issues. For the price of this coach, I expected few problems, not the disaster we are experiencing. We expected more quality from Winnebago. We had low expectations from the dealer from our last experience with La Mesa RV. In fairness, they did set up a service appointment after about a month post purchase. We could not make the appointment. In hindsight, we would not have purchased the Forza despite the appearance. Winnebago quality has deteriorated and the dealer hassles are not worth the grief.
- Tom Henry, California

2019-08-08 2019 Thor Motor Coach Aria 4000 View Listings

Purchased brand new Aria 4000. It had numerous defects and still sitting in shop 3 months later. Lost my money, my summer and it keeps getting worse. Bought at Camping World and they have been horrible, 852 BBB complaints from this Myrtle Beach location in last 3 years. One star rating. Thor informed me that they "fully expect their motor homes to have plumbing fall out, trim fall off and numerous other problems when it goes bouncing down the road 200 miles from the factory" They said it was not their job to do quality control, it was the dealer's job to rebuild it before selling to a consumer. They explained that they have no warranty on new motor homes and good luck suing them, because essentially that is the threat from everyone that buys one. Thor should be out of business. The good news is that the word is getting out and reputable dealers are dropping them. Their sock value is down about 70% in the last 18 months so hopefully they will be gone soon. I was told by a large National reputable dealer that even though my Thor is brand new, they would wholesale it if I traded it. They were a Thor dealer and experienced so many problems that they will no longer sell one to a consumer.
- Timothy Dunkin, South Carolina

2019-08-07 2014 Winnebago Forza 38R View Listings

THis has been a great family coach, its roomy and we have enjoyed it for a few years. With washer and Dryer on baord no need to carry extra clothing during long trips. Ample storage underneath for multiple tables and chairs as well as extra luggage. We also town a small SUV and has been very responsive touring the mountains.
- Sandro Alvarez, Florida

2019-08-07 2004 Winnebago Journey 39K View Listings

Love the dinett w/ the bench seat. Easy to drive. Exterior looks like it's new.Recently took a 6 month cross country and it ran great. The shower is ample size so we rarely use the campground showers.
- Phil Spence, Florida

2019-08-06 2005 Alfa See Ya Gold 40 View Listings

Top quality One of the best full-time motor homes made as it was designed towards the folks that wanted a well rounded coach with many conveniences not found in other rigs in its day. Washer/dryer large shower by bedroom large closet space in bedroom and all over the coach.
- olivia thompson, California

2019-08-06 2019 Newmar Dutch Star 4018 View Listings

We purchased this RV from Freedom RV in Tucson, Arizona and brought it to Canada 2 months ago. Freedom failed to disclose before our purchase that there was a wall delamination that was repaired by Newmar prior to our purchase. Now we find out that 2 slides were repaired badly at Freedom, and we have water leaking into the coach. Newmar doesn't return our calls and the coach has been sitting for a week at the repair shop, that claims the repair will take them minimally 2 months. We will probably need a lawyer. NEVER purchase from Newmar. Their website is total BS. You are a number, and their financial bottom line is all they care about.
- Karen Parasynchuk, Alberta

2019-08-05 2005 Monaco Dynasty 40PDQ View Listings

We thoroughly enjoyed our RV not only for destination travel but the experiences in getting there in sincere comfort. Unfortunately, for us the time has come that we can no longer travel. There are so many opportunities for overnight stay all across the US. We even were able to stay a few places that were available at no cost. The friends you meet RVing are also there for you. I only wish we could continue our travels with the RV.
- HENDERSON, California

2019-08-04 2015 Tiffin Allegro Red 33AA View Listings

We have really enjoyed our 2015 Allegro Red 33aa. With 4 slides and an open floor plan it was just like being home everyday. Quite the luxury living most anyone would enjoy. Tiffin Service is AWESOME! This is the biggest reason for me choosing them over others. You can always call and get answers to your specific needs. Wonderful people there. Very comfortable to travel with the quiet diesel in the back yet economical. Towing a CR-V from California to Florida yielded mpg.
- Tom Serio, California

2019-08-04 2015 Tiffin Phaeton 36GH View Listings

Systems are straight forward, easily fix problems with factory reps who are really smart. I pull a 2017 F-150. Don’t even know it’s back there. Camera coverage is total. Handling is easier than driving tow vehicle. Great viz all around. In Florida AC is crucial. This is a really cold bus. Perfect Tv presentations. Have 2 DTV sats. One HD for parked viewing and a roadie for going down the road. Comfy BR and very roomie lavatory for in coach showers. I usually carry half tank for fresh water down the highway use. Toilet etc. lots of hang up and storage for clothes. Stacked washer/ dryer is perfect money saver. All in all a great piece of equipment.
- David N, Florida

2019-08-04 2019 Jayco Seneca HD 37TS View Listings

Our Senica 37 TS. Rides like a dream Air ride. It tows our boat ( 8000 lb ) With ease and plenty of power to spare. The full size tires are sweet The 360 Cummins Engine and Automatic Transmission make driving simple. After adding a custom towel rack in the full bathroom and purchasing a custom made sunscreen for the cab windows. We are very happy.
- Bill Hadden , Pennsylvania

2019-08-02 2004 National RV Tropical T396 View Listings

We have had a National RV for 15 years and our friends have had them also. The Caterpillar Engine, Allison transmission and Freigtliner Chassis are the best on the market. All of the floor plans are better than some of the more expensive models.
- PJ, California