Class A - Diesel RVs Reviews (1,399)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Class A - Diesel RVs Reviews and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of these RVs.

Chase Herbig from Florida says:

Have you owned any Class A - Diesel RVs? Write a review

Voted Most Helpful Review 2016 Newmar King Aire 4503 View Listings

Purchased a King Air. Had a problem with the wall slide as it was not level. It was like walking on the side of a hill. Newmar knew they had the problems but sent them to the dealer with the defect. The dealer I also believe knew about the defect. Also the wall slide had a large dent from the inside out. Somehow I over looked it when I purchased but noticed it when I picked up the RV. Newmar service manager told me to bring the rv in and they would adjust the wall slide once they get the parts in from a vendor. This took a month. I refused to drive the RV to dealer since it was a 10 hour round trip then the same to pick up. Newmar manager said they would split the fuel. I was shocked. I refused and after I got my wife involved he agreed. He sent a driver to pick up the RV and returned it but they were suppose to repair the dent at the same time. They didn't stating they didn't have the time so I told The Newmar manager to keep it another week. Didn't hear back from him but the driver called and said he's on the way to deliver my RV. I was surprised that the dent was not going to be repaired but I told them that he would need to return the RV for repairs at his cost. When I got the RV back a few items that I gave the dealer to repair were not done and they destroyed my screen door and scratched up my stainless interior door panel. I later contacted Newmar service manager and told him that he needed to have the RV Ickes up to have the Dent repaired and the other screw up. He said it would be at my cost. Unbelievable,, after fighting thru this he agreed to pay for half the fuel cost. I was in absolute disbelief that this guy is asking me to not only return the RV to the dealer but was negotiating fuel cost. Are we talking about $100 at best. I owned one Essex my first RV then went into owning three preowned Prevosts. I honestly believed that I would get not only a superior RV but the best manufacture and dealer service. To the contrary I was in such disbelief that I sold the RV after owning about 4 months. I was concerned that if Newmar would treat us like they did after just paying over $700,000 for a King Aire what's it going to be like if I had another problem. Newmar knew of the defective wall slide as The service manager told me that they could fix in the field and had to have the vendor make the part for the fix. I have told my story to many many friend that RV and they have stayed away from Newmar. Be careful reading all of these great reviews. Many are staged. RVers need to look at for each other. The manufactures are not regulated like the vehicle manufactures. They dealt with me in bad faith and consumers need to be aware. RVT. Please publish.
- Chase Herbig , Florida

2019-10-10 2016 Forest River Berkshire XLT 40RB View Listings

Traveled across the country and back towing a jeep rubicon unlimited. Lived in it continuously for 1 year. did everything we wanted to in the rv comfortably. 3 tvs so my wife child and i could watch 3 different programs at same time. wish we did not have to sell it, but cannot afford with our new house payment.
- carl, California

2019-10-08 2006 Winnebago Journey 34H View Listings

Love our 2006 Winnebago Journey 34H The double slides give the feeling of plenty of room to move around the coach when the slides are open, but when we are on the road and the slides are in, there is plenty of room to access the refrigerator, microwave, bench setting area and most important, the bathroom facilities. When one is stopped in a traffic jam for a long period of time, this is probably the most important. The bench seat & table area fits 2-4 people comfortably whether you are eating or playing cards. There is plenty of room to sit up your computer. Our table has two pull-out drawers that hold pens, pencils, paper, scissors, or loose change. The double sink has a pull-out sprayer for ease of rinsing off dishes. When the stove cover is closed, there is plenty of room to place wet dishes on a mat to dry. There is a fresh water tap for refilling cups or travel bottles. The appliance garage behind the sink is great for holding a coffee pot, small toaster, or bread & rolls. The 3 burner gas stove is great for cooking along with the dual microwave/convention oven. Our RV has a Whirlpool residential refrigerator with an ice maker. No need to stop at a convenient store for ice. There are 2 pocket doors: one closes off the bathroom from the main kitchen/living room and the 2nd door closes off the bathroom from the bedroom. The toilet is in its own room with a solid door for privacy. Plenty of cabinets above the toilet and across from the toilet are cabinets to hold lots of towels, sheets, cleaning supplies, toilet paper & paper towels. The shower is a comfortable size with 2 heights to hold the shower wand. There are 2 shelves to hold 4-6 bottles of shampoo, conditioner & bath gel. A pull down seat is available inside the shower, if needed. The bedroom holds a Queen RV Size mattress with nightstands on both sides of the bed. There is plenty of room to move around the bed to make it and plenty of storage in the wardrobe with four drawers below.
- Arlene G, Florida

2019-10-08 2012 Tiffin Allegro RED 34QFA View Listings

We bought a 2012 Tiffin Allegro RED new in June of 2012 from a dealer in Ft. Lauderdale FL. In Oct. we made an appt. for light warranty work to be done in February 2013. When we arrived they didn't know who we were. They jerked us around for 4 days doing nothing but washing it 3 times. On the 4th day I was so upset that I left after telling them about my frustration and they could not have cared less!! We should have realized then that was just the beginning of a long journey. We had problem after problem both big & small,including having an $8400 repair to the DEF system after only 38000 miles and we even experienced the infamous "Tiffin Crack". But we persisted thinking that it would get better around the next corner, but that corner always seemed to be around the next corner. So after 7 years of this and multiple trips to Red Bay for repairs we decided that these were just expensive pieces of junk and we had enough and sold it. The MSRP on our rig was over $214,000! This industry and the people in it all treat you like you're just a dumb annoyance to them! So if it's your idea of a vacation driving your rig to Red Bay or some other repair shop...knock yourself out! You have been warned!!! Just one man's opinion.... P.S. Red Bay isn't all that easy to work with either!
- Alan, Massachusetts

2019-10-06 2019 Nexus RV Evoque 37E View Listings

My experience with my 2019:Nexus evouq that I bought in October 2018 at the Hurshey Pa RV show has been a compleat nightmare. My RV was sold to me with things broken and as of October 2019 it is still broken, their costermer service is terrable and when I asked to complain about my service I was told I must complain he person I wanted to complain about. My RV has been in the shop about 11 times and now their macanic are braking more things then i asked them to repair. It seems to me I bought a Nexus just so their macanic can practice working. Nexus sold me A complete nightmare.
- Robert Rankel, Pennsylvania

2019-10-05 2006 Damon Astoria Pacifica 3465 View Listings

I have enjoyed this unit. It is a solid motor coach on a Freightliner chassis. Freightliner has service locations all over the country. The Damon Astoria Pacifica very comfortable and quiet livable. This unit drives well and once you become familiar with the driving manner of the coach you can go just about anywhere. The model I have is a early 2007 model that was sold in 2006, therefore tilted as an 2006. For the money you get a lot of luxury.
- C Smith, Texas

2019-10-05 2005 Tiffin Phaeton 40QDH View Listings

Tiffin coaches are top-of-the line motorhomes. Their quality is above the rest and the customer service in Red Bay, AL is 5-star. Our coach is an older model and has held up superbly - indicative of Tiffin's quality reputation!
- Jenny Homan , Georgia

2019-10-03 2011 Newmar Dutch Star 4344 View Listings

The leather seats and couches have been disintegrating since 2017.I have tried to contact newmar service since I am aware that this is a problem for numerous coaches. They tell me to email pictures and then their mailbox is always full and I have been unable to get any answers from them.I have had to replace the outside step since it was faulty.For what they charge for these coaches you would expect better quality !!!
- Barry Thompson, Arkansas

2019-10-03 2005 Winnebago Journey 36G View Listings

The Journey is aptly named. We love our Motorhome and have had 70,000 miles of many great Journeys in it. The 36 is a perfect size for accessibility to most all parks, yet it has plenty room. Compared to new models, we like the simplicity of this model. If we could buy a new one, exactly like it, we would do it. The only change we would make is the queen size bed it a bit tight for us. The next coach will have a king bed. We did not have any warranty issues so that category should really have an NA. We did travel to Winnebago twice for factory updates ( new tv and motion satellite) and repairs. This was a very good experience. Maybe somewhat costly, but compared to running the Motorhome all over for various disciplines, the one stop service and knowing work is done correctly is worth the cost. And while there, take the tour. It’s an impressive company with interesting history.
- Carl Leep, Michigan

2019-10-01 2006 Holiday Rambler Navigator 45PBQ View Listings

This is one of the nicest floor plans on this type of Rvs. It feel like a small apartment rather than an Rv. The 4 slides provide a lot of room. The Rv has been very well taken care of and is very clean. It runs great with a lot of power. It rides like very smooth and handling is very stable.The owner has spent a lot of money on new parts. This RV is ready to roll. I think it is very good deal for the price.
- Justin A., California

2019-09-30 2003 Monaco Diplomat 40DST View Listings

Excellent chassis very good ride with 8 airbags. My unit is 16 years old has been kept under cover and has at least 16+ years to go. Driving at moderate speeds 57-62 yields 9-9.5 mpg. An excellent floor plan with 2 bathrooms lends versatility for two couples to travel and each have their bathroom privacy.
- Ken Racht, North Carolina

2019-09-30 2003 Monaco Beaver Baron View Listings

It drives like a dream. The day and night shades are great. It tows great and the tow bar is easy to attach. The diesel generator is super quiet. This floor plan is great and easy to care for. Lots of storage and prep space. Bathroom has lots of counter space. Great dresser and lots of storage in the bedroom. The refrigerator and freezer hold lots. Very livable. You won't find a cleaner or well maintain Motor Home anywhere else.
- Jolayne Williams, Arizona

2019-09-30 2019 Thor Motor Coach Aria 3901 View Listings

After months of research, looking at all options for a new Class A motorhome. We decided on the Thor Aria 3901. We were very impressed with the floor plan and all the upscale features on it. We purchased a used 2019 Thor Aria 3901. It was out of warranty by 2 months. WE have a list of 30+ items that should have been fixed while under warranty. The prior owners apparently was so fed up with the quality of the rv, they traded it in on a Winnebago. WE contacted Thor. They said, it is our problem, not theirs. So my conclusion, after many conversations and emails with Thor is: They do not care about their consumers, they don't care about their finished product, and they don"t care about their reputation!!!!!
- Robbin Moore, Kentucky

2019-09-30 2013 Tiffin Allegro Phaeton 40QBH View Listings

My friend and I had this RV and loved it. Had no trouble with the engine or driving. If u want to travel the country then this is the way to go. My friend dies this past March. The is the reason it’s being sold.
- Carolyn Conner, Louisiana

2019-09-29 2017 Entegra Coach Aspire 42DEQ View Listings

Second RV we have owned and is by far the most reliable and comfortable we have found. Service has been out standing, Entegra has been great to work with and Spartan also they handled any issues in a timely manner. We have recommenied Entgra to 5 others and 4 of them have purchased.
- Chuck, Minnesota

2019-09-28 2014 Entegra Coach Anthem 44B View Listings

This is a wonderful coach. Hard to beat the value and quality EntegrA Coach gives you. Truly one of the quietest rides on the road. The bath & half 44B floorplan is also one of the most livable layouts as well
- Rvbusguy, Florida

2019-09-27 2016 Tiffin Phaeton 42LH View Listings

Bought new Aug 2015. Tiffin top notch company in MH industry. Quality #1 in all workmanship. Excellent coach design, woodwork outstanding, good quality furnishings. Plenty of cabinet & closet storage. Bays easily accessible and water tight. Tag axle provides tremendous stability negotiating tight curves and competing with 18 wheelers on the highway. Love the 450 Cummins engine, plenty of torque to climb the steepest mountain. Great engine retarder helping slow on mountain descents. Love the smart steering wheel with cruise control and wiper controls. Most always drive with cruise on. Good mpg at 8.5 mi/gal towing. Used MH about 100 day’s per year. Made 4 nice long trips: out west to Glacier National Park, Canadian Rockies, and Pacific Coast. Up to Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island, Quebec, Montreal, Niagara Falls. Out west to Seattle by way of Branson, MO, Denver, Page, AZ, Crater Lake, OR, and return by northern states. Last trip was to Boston, Gettysburg, Washington, DC, Outer Banks. Rest of travel to nearby places in the southeast. Also weekend trips to Disneyworld w/ granddaughters. On two trips returned to Florida with a stop in Red Bay, AL where Tiffin makes their motorhomes. Factory tours are available. They do service work on their coaches at the best prices to be found and their expertise cannot be matched. The Tiffin family stands by their product! We had a 38’ Fleetwood Expedition before buying our Phaeton. Loved the first coach but the Phaeton has been an upgrade in all aspects. More solid quality coach, improved driveability, and terrific living quarters. Engine and all operational systems on the Phaeton have performed flawlessly. Some of the Phaeton features we love are: 1 1/2 bath, larger, full shower stall, all electric coach eliminating messing with propane, heated porcelain floors, dishwasher, surround sound, TV locations, fireplace, dual window shades w/ sun and night shades. More living space with 4 slide outs versus 3. Love the one bay that has the sliding tray for easier access to items. Electric reels for electric cord and white water hose makes setup and takedown much easier. Love the aqua hot heating system. Constant flow of hot water for showers. Silent forced air heating in cold night weather. Heat pumps on roof work fine but do make for more noise, just like when they run to cool the coach. We are sad to be leaving the RV travel lifestyle. Started in 2011. Now approaching 77 next spring, must recognize it is time to make an adjustment for our future travel using planes, hotels, and car rentals to get around. Gosh we have had so much fun getting to see God’s country....all 48 states, some many times plus locations in Canada. We have over 20,000 photos to relive our trips over the years to come. All the best travels to whomever takes ownership of our Phaeton. She will be missed!
- Tom Virag, Florida

2019-09-26 2017 Entegra Coach Anthem 42RBQ View Listings

Our Entegra Anthem was a excellent choice for us. The exceptionally quiet ride and ease of handling made this Coach so much fun to drive. The fit and finish is top shelf along with the Entegra support team. I give this Coach a 5 star rating without hesitation. Enjoy RV'ing the Entegra way. We did.
- Dennis Chapman, Georgia

2019-09-25 2008 Beaver Contessa Pacifica View Listings

Our coach is the most beautiful home on wheels that we have owned. We have owned several but not as spacious, comfortable and elegant as this one. The floors are getting make over. It's time. Pictures to follow.
- Michele Young, Florida

2019-09-24 2013 Forest River Charleston 430BH View Listings

The perfect coach for a family with all the bells and whistles you can expect. Reliable and drives like a car. Built solid never letting us down. The beds are super comfortable and the on demand electric water heater means you never run out of hot water.
- Anita Baburam, Florida

2019-09-23 2014 Newmar Dutch Star 4369 View Listings

Newmar is the best built RV... minor issues. you can get help from their toll free hotline!! Have called twice and explained my issue and they walked me right through my problem. Fixed and both times it was just my lack of RV knowledge!! Will probably buy another Newmar.They are built to last!!
- Chris Rabb, North Carolina

2019-09-22 2013 Entegra Coach Aspire 42DLQ View Listings

This was a new step for us. Owning a 5th wheel and always wanting a Class a coach. This came fast then we expected, it was a stepping stone for us as we have a 8&10 yr old. So looking to sell and replace with a Class a bunk house. Thanks
- Rob Sweeney , Ontario

2019-09-22 2016 Entegra Coach Anthem 44B View Listings

We’ve been full time for 2+ years now, and have been totally satisfied with the living and operation of our motor home. Entegra company has been 100% reliable for us at all times . I can’t think of a negative thing to say about our experience with our motor home.
- Brandis, North Carolina

2019-09-20 2009 Newmar Dutch Aire 4085 View Listings

We choose NEWMAR Cie for his reputation and we're not deceived, They make great RV's and and posseses an absolute reputation . The best in it's category. We recommand Newmar to any of you, who thinks acquiring his first motorhome.
- Norman Terroux, Quebec

2019-09-16 2014 Winnebago Journey 34B View Listings

We have been RVing since 1969 and have had several brands and models of motor home on various chassis. This one the Winnebago 34B has been the absolute best and most usable of all of them, even the 40 foot other brand that we had previously. Mated with the Freightliner chassis it is also a wonderful unit to drive and maneuver, turning sharp enough to even get through most McDonald's restaurants. It is just hard to beat.
- Larry Minch, Arizona