Class A - Diesel

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Class A - Diesel RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Shane from Utah says:

Read More (2016 reviews)

Voted Most Helpful Review 2015 Fleetwood Discovery 37R View Listings

HORRIBLE! DONT BUY ONE. I bought a brand new 37r from my local dealer. From day one I have had nothing but problems with it. Sure it had some little quirks with it like every Motorhome will. I know you are rolling down the road shaking the pieces out of these things, but this went way deeper than that. We had a smell coming inside the coach that smelled like engine burning, or exhaust or something from the engine compartment. When we drove it, it would give us bad headaches and make us a little nauseous. I took it in to the dealer and they could not find anything. I took another trip and same things happened. So back to the dealer. ( mind you it has now been in the shop about 15 times) they found about 30 cracks, holes, areas where the wood was not tight or where things did not align up properly so they foamed it all with expanding spray foam. They went overboard. I removed the wood cover over my water heater. All the water lines were now encased in foam. Half of my water heater was covered in foam. That's what the manufacture told the dealer to do. Guess what, it did not solve the problem. Back and forth to the dealer countless times. Finally fleetwood said we will bring it back to the manufacture and work on it. So they did. Put another 3000 miles on the coach and spent three weeks back there. I now have 11,000 miles on the coach and have only taken 5 trips in it. They said they tore out the whole master bedroom and replaced the floor. They drove it back out to me and said it was all fixed.... (Wrong). Still did the very same thing. I was pissed. Let me point out at this point, this is just one items I have been dealing with. There are countless other things going wrong with the coach simultaneously. Just to name a few. First trip out it started raining, the wipers would not work. But when it quit raining they would work again. I finally fiqured out that water from the road was coming up over the wheel well and into the electrical panel compartment behind the wheel well and shorting out the wipers. Many hours later and countless tubes of caulking that one was fixed. I had door frames falling apart from the ceiling so doors would not close, I had no heat out of the front dashboard. I had no heat in the master bedroom or bathroom (found out they smashed the duct work when installed. ) I had outlets pulling out of the walls. I had very low hot water pressure and they could not tell me why. They just said that is normal. (So normal I could not shower because the water would just trickle down the shower faucet, right. ) Again after many trips and many hours they found it had a bad water mixing valve. (Can you say LEMON). Oh no don't say it yet. It gets worse...... On top of about 20 other things going wrong with the inside of the coach. I decide to go to Vegas. I get two hours down the road, the whole time I could smell a very strong smell and it continued getting worse. I finally considered turning around because my wife was now on the couch sick as a dog, massive headache and I myself was nauseous and also had a headache when I had someone signal to me to pull over. When I did I went outside to the engine compartment and I had diesel fuel pouring out on the ground and had been spraying my tow vehicle for the last two hours. Everything was covered. I called the manufacture and they told me to tow it to the nearest dealer and have it fixed. End of vacation again. It spent yet another week in the shop to find out that the fuel injector on cylinder number 1 had broken off. And of coarse it was a recalled part but they don't feel it is important to warn people about it. They will just fix it as they break. Amazing... Anyway. Back to the next and final trip in this Motorhome for me. I went up to see our daughter in Another state, and spent the first night there and on the second night at 1:30 am the carbon monoxide detector goes off. It scares the living crap out of me. I get up and feel sick and a little dizzy. I open up the windows and door to air it out. Finally after about ten minutes the alarm quits chirping. I was so mad at this point I knew I was done. The next day I went in to a dealership where I was at and found a new coach that I really liked. It is a tiffin 40 qbh. Have heard nothing but fabulous things about the quality of tiffin and the support you get. I traded in my old Fleetwood and drove home in the new coach. What a difference to finally be in a unit that is quality built. I would like you to note that all through this process I was in contact with the manufacture and not once did they say, hey I am real sorry, I think you might of got a lemon, let's replace it with another coach. Not once did they offer to help out with expenses incurred from all the mishaps. I spent 200,000 on the coach and have made payments of 2000.00 a month for a year now. That's 24,000 dollars plus the loss of the trade in because fleetwood would drag their feet and not do anything for me I lost another 40,000 in the trade. So I have lost over 64,000 dollars on a coach I have not been able to take out once without some major problems that ruined each trip. I finally called fleetwood and told them that I traded in the old 37r and bought a different brand and they seemed to care less. I know I am just one person to many millions of buyers for them. And I am sure they are happy to have me gone. But with the use of media like it is today. My one review will hopefully affect thousands as they consider what to buy when it comes to a new rv. Fleetwood should be excluded from your list. There is no customer service!!! I fully expected fleetwood to stand up for what they sell, I had a very bad unit, I expected fleetwood to buy it back from me and let me chose another coach. At the time I would have been happy to just swap it out with another new coach. But they chose not to go that route. Instead they would just keep blowing me off until I would go away. Well they got part of it right. I went away but I am not gone. I will forever more tell people at every rally I go to and every person I see and talk to about rv's the experiences that I had with fleetwood. I am not a vindictive person but if that is the way they are going to treat their customers then I want people to know about it. It's never to late to make this right Fleetwood........just saying P.s. I keep thinking of things that were wrong with the unit. There were so many things that I start to forget them over time...I wished I could add pictures to this review. Pictures are worth a thousand words and they would speak volumes for this coach. Some of each of these things contributed to a ruined vacation every single time we went out. And mind you at a cost of many thousands of dollars with time off work, time in shops getting things fixed, non refundable helicopter trips to the bottom of the Grand Canyon that you missed because your Motorhome is sitting on the side of the freeway broken down again....it's not worth it. No hot water could not shower whole trip (several trips. Kept saying it was fixed when it was not) Water mixing valve inop Outlets falling out of place No heat on dashboard Water into electrical panel compartment Electric cord reel broken. Would not stop winding up. Front rock guard peeling off Fuel injector broken off ( engine about to catch fire) Wipers not working Outside compartment doors flying open during travel on freeway (scary) Kinked power steering hose ( from the manufacture) Squeaky brakes since ownership Delaminated windshield Faulty water heater fuel valve Leaky pipes at water heater Smell from engine compartment Cracks, holes, openings for smell to come through Sun bleached led lighting on front of coach Smokey generator Air leak in man door and one window (air whistling while driving) Steering wheel cover latch broken Microwave squeaking so loud. Had fixed at factory. Came back worse No heat into bedroom and bathroom (smashed duct work ) No heat under dash on drivers side Bathroom window seal came apart. Would not seal. Forgot to fix at factory I know there are more things I just can not remember them at this moment. Do yourself a favor and take it from someone who has learned the hard way. Don't do it. Save yourself the pain and agony and your hard earned dollars and do some research. You will come up with a better solution. My question is why do companies act this way.....it used to be because they can.. But not anymore. I have seen social media close companies down. That's not my intent here but I would like to see something done. And if word continues to spread it will reach the majority of the Masses and things will change for the better or they will have to close down. Had that carbon monoxide detector not gone off. I would not be here writing this letter to you. I would be dead and not one thing would change.
- Shane, Utah

2021-09-21 2021 Newmar Ventana 3412 View Listings

Description should be longer than 200.Description should be longer than 200.Description should be longer than 200.Description should be longer than 200.Description should be longer than 200.Description should be longer than 200.Description should be longer than 200.Description should be longer than 200.Description should be longer than 200.
- Avinash Singh, Illinois

2021-09-17 2014 Thor Motor Coach Palazzo 33.2 View Listings

Loved the power of the diesel engine climbing the Rocky mountains pulling a tow vehicle behind. Also enjoyed the exhaust break on the transmission and the ability to downshift, working with the transmission so that unnecessary braking on the steep downgrades was not an issue. We found the unit spacious, convenient and comfortable to be in for long periods of time while traveling and camping. Dry camping was never a problem because of the water storage as well as the generator that runs off of the diesel with the def in it so that it doesn't smell like a nasty diesel. The generator also seemed very quiet to me. I loved the residential size refrigerator and freezer. I could easily pack for 2 weeks of travel without having to stop for supplies. With the three burner range and the convection oven/microwave I could cook anything that I wished to. The basement storage units are large enough to utilize and the pass-through storage unit with the sliding tray not only has a light in it so you can see in the dark it is also heated so if you are traveling in colder climates nothing freezes if you have the heat on. I actually named it the mother-in-law's apartment. This unit did everything we wanted it to do and never complained. If we were both physically able to continue RVing we would still have this unit and continue to enjoy travel.
- Pat de Nagy, Colorado

2021-09-15 2018 Holiday Rambler Navigator XE 35XE View Listings

This is a great RV! Drives like a dream, Entertainment all over the place, comfortable and reliable, you can trust this machine to deliver your party safely and then house them in great style. It sleeps 8 comfortably and the layout facilitates everyone’s comfort. There is plenty of entertainment, three TVs (all HD) surround sound and satellite for both radio and RV add to the fun. It drives well, up and over mountains that would leave most machines gasping for air.
- Frank Miles, Florida

2021-09-15 2017 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 40E View Listings

OMG where to start!!! first of all we bought a Invicta 33HB but it’s not a choice on drop downs. This would be the best way to start DO NOT BUY A HOLIDAY RAMBLER!! We purchased a 2021 Invicta 33HB and what a mistake!!! Quality is the worst parts falling off electrical system a joke. Bought it in September 2020 and it has been to the factory for two months to fix the list of 29 things wrong and at dealer for a total of two months for repairs and warranty work so for first 11 months of ownership it has been in shop for 4 months and things still aren’t fixed!!! Stay away from Holiday Rambler and General RV anywhere in the US. may be the countries largest dealer but they have the worst se vice to go with it. Short list of defects: electrical systems, awning, electronics i dash, interior trim falling off, shoddy craftsman ship. The excuses from manufacturer “ you have to understand we are putting a house on wheels” well your company has been in business for decades so you think they would get it right. worst purchase ever!!!
- kevin treworgy, Michigan

2021-09-14 2004 Itasca Meridian 39K View Listings

This RV is beautiful, runs like new and has so much room. Feels more like home than any other RV we've been in. Plenty of storage and the hardwood floors are awesome, easy clean up and great for allergies. Plenty of bells and whistles.
- Christine Byland, Indiana

2021-09-13 2005 Tiffin Phaeton 35DH View Listings

My wife and I have loved using this RV to visit parks and spend outdoor time with our family. It is comfortable to sleep in, and easy to cook meals in the kitchen. If it is cold or rainy, the kitchen table is a great place to sit and enjoy a meal or a board game! I addition, this RV is easy to drive!
- Bill Fitch, Texas

2021-09-13 2003 Safari Panther 4213 View Listings

Hey Buyers!! Before you buy any Brand of coach --have it professionally inspected. It will save you THOUSANDS of dollars if repairs are needed. Older coaches tend to have roof neglect leading to delamination on roof and side walls. Roof repairs are approx. $340 per linear foot. A 42' coach will cost near $15,000 to replace roof. Be aware. Also look at tires--replacing 1 tire = $500. 8 tires will set you back approx. $4,000 I can't emphasized how important it is to have ANY older coach professionally inspected. It has saved me thousands of dollars and many headaches. Inspections bring to light many defects that prospective buyers tend to over look. Regards, Ivan
- Ivan Domergue, Wyoming

2021-09-10 2005 Fleetwood Providence 39L View Listings

We have owned our RV for 3 years and have really enjoyed traveling locally and to other states. We enjoy the space for comfort and storage. Our unit had a minimal outside kitchen already in it which my husband improved by adding a Blackstone grill and griddle. We cook out breakfast and evening meals with it often and watch tv in the evening. I like having a washer/dryer in house. The ride is very comfortable.
- Carol R, Iowa

2021-09-10 2017 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 33D View Listings

I have used this RV and towed a Chevy Equinox over the last year or so. It handles extremely well in high winds and handles the hills pretty well. There are 3 cameras which does help on the turns and changing lanes. I have had no warranty experience, but have called the factory for troubleshooting with good success.
- tom sternberg, Nebraska

2021-09-10 2008 Tiffin Allegro Bay 35TSB View Listings

Have traveled all over with this motorhome have really enjoyed this coach Tiffin build a great coach also been reliable and have great support from Tiffin on any problems which have been very few this has been a great motorhome for traveling in and runs great in the mountains
- Dwain, Oklahoma

2021-09-09 2013 Coachmen Sportscoach Cross Country 405FK View Listings

My 4 auto Jack’s won’t release!!! After a week of relaxation time at Bethpage Camp/Resort in Virginia, come checkout time I can’t move without them up. Any suggestions? I definitely checked with roadside assistance and hopefully they can remedy this situation…rain rain go away come again another day (raining big time today)😳
- William C. Gatlin, Indiana

2021-09-06 2012 Thor Motor Caoch Tuscany XTE 36MQ View Listings

I guess we're in our 9th year in this motor home. I notice many blame the manufacturer for service failures but I would direct my issue to the RV dealers. The few issues I have had with the Tuscany were made more difficult by the inability of dealers to perform a FULL SERVICE. I now go to the Freightliner service centre in Gaffney every second year and trust in Camping World in Garner to take care of other coach issues.
- Mervyn Groves, North Carolina

2021-09-03 2002 Alfa See Ya SYF36FD View Listings

I just love my Alfa..high ceilings..large slide. It is stable and reliable..had the body shrinked wrap..to take care of the defect on the body...the j couch is great ..replaced the tv with a Sony flat screen..we are coming up on 10 years that we have owned it.....the freightliner chase is a must.programmed it so I could do a manual shift..down hill..and it handles better when we have full water tanks..the windows are fabulous...giving you more light..and view..Anne
- Anne Hall, Idaho

2021-09-02 2020 American Coach American Eagle 45K View Listings

This week marks the 1 year anniversary since my wife and I bought a brand new 2020 American Coach Eagle 45k, and for the first time in 11 years of owning a motorcoach, we are unable to travel this way for vacation. The culprit, the very 2020 AC Eagle we had so eagerly anticipated owning one day. Almost from the moment we drove off the dealer's lot we began to experience problems. The list of problems would soon balloon to over 200 issues. These problems are so extensive and significant that that our local American Coach dealer, General RV, declined to make any warranty repairs, instead advised us to seek repairs directly from the manufacturer. So we waited 2 months for our service appointment at the REV Service Center in Decatur IN. Our coach was being repaired at the service center for nearly 6 months. REV generated over 112 pages of service orders for the warranty work they claim to have performed during this time. Their inability to make the necessary and lasting repairs prompted REV's vice-president of service to offer us either a new replacement coach or to outright refund the cost of the coach, as a resolution to all the problems we experienced with our coach. He directed us to remove all our personal belongings from the coach and to leave the coach and keys with their service center. A few weeks passed without word from REV's vice-president of service, so we called him for an update on the agreed resolution. My wife and I were dumbfounded when he told us that he was rescinding their offer for buy back or replacement and that the coach was once again in for repairs and would be ready for pickup in the next few weeks. When the coach was finally released back to us from the service center, almost all of the major problems were not resolved and many new problems became evident, the result of the careless attention afforded our coach while in the care of the service center. We are appalled at how poorly built this AC Eagle is, especially since it is the flagship coach of the REV RV family: American Coach, Fleetwood, and Holiday Rambler. Regardless of what someone pays for their RV, each owner should expect that their RV was built to the highest standard, ensuring years of enjoyable travels. Currently since REV has failed to make satisfactory repairs, we have hired an attorney seeking resolution for the magnitude of problems that plague this "lemon" of a coach. Unfortunately, the legal process for this case can be quite lengthy, in essence saddling us with a $775,000 paper weight in our driveway for the foreseeable future. To make matters worse, REV delayed complying with the court's deadline for disclosure during the initial discovery period. It is my opinion, that REV is determined to drag this case out as long as possible, in an effort to inflict as much financial and emotional hardship upon our family; after all they've already 'cashed the check' from this sale. My suspicion also is, that REV is treating us in the manner they are, because I'm a truck driver and our resources are limited. I wonder if they would treat Helio Castroneves with the same disregard they have shown us? In my next post I will outline details of the problems with our coach and disclose how REV was aware of these issues while the coach was being built in Decatur. Their Pre Delivery Inspection report (PDI) indicates many of the same problems with the coach that we brought to their attention after the sale. I will gladly speak with anyone who reaches out to me about specific problems with our coach. #REV #REVRVgroup #HelioCastroneves #AmericanCoach #Fleetwood #HolidayRambler #RV #Motorhome #motorcoach
- Paul Nicinski, Illinois

2021-08-29 2007 Beaver Contessa Pacifica View Listings

Beaver Coaches are beautiful and a quality product inside and out. We are able to see the sights in comfort and style. Even 13 years later we still love it! The spacious interior is just like home and the outside storage is beyond plenty. I would definitely own another.
- Laurie, California

2021-08-25 2016 Tiffin Phaeton 44OH View Listings

So easy! Its big w alot of room. So liveable. Beds comfy, bathroom kitchen and drives like a dream. At 1650 rpm w get 8.7 mpg. Not a single complaint so far. Wish I could go somewhere every weekend! Very happy with our purchase.
- Whitney Broussard, Texas

2021-08-24 2018 Newmar Essex 4531 View Listings

it is an amazing coach without the prevost price tag newmar has been great to answer any questions we have had even being across the border i would buy one again 100% so many little details in the coach that you find as you use it make you appreciate it that much more
- mark goris, British Columbia

2021-08-24 2018 Fleetwood Discovery LXE 40E View Listings

Outstanding Coach. Very functional floor plan. Drives like a dream. Very powerful power plant. Avg 8.6 mpg. Fit and finish is amazing. Flat tows our Jeep Wrangler wit ease. Standard equipment is an upgrade on other RV makes.
- Richard Shettler, Florida

2021-08-17 2015 Winnebago Forza 38R View Listings

Great drive train and floor plan. Great coach with all the features you'd want. From the cruis control to the front seat workstation this coach is a dream to drive and see the country. 2 bathrooms! bunks that convert to a workstation!
- Kyle G humphrey, California

2021-08-16 2004 American Coach American Eagle 42R View Listings

Please share details and the story of this unit please? Any issues with it? Please send more pictures interior, any flaws etc. What heater does it have? Heated floors? Electric cord reel? Aqua system? King bed?
- Jim Wiebe, Alberta

2021-08-14 2016 Newmar Ventana 4369 View Listings

Ordered it custom for us Ventana 4369 Still own in 2021 (2016 model year) Never been back to the dealer For any problem Only for service 2 nd Newmar for us Newmar builds the best coach for Money REC
- REC, Florida

2021-08-13 2009 Coachmen Cross Country 383FWS View Listings

Had the local dealer bring in from a dealer in another state. We wanted it for a trip 4 days from when they transferred it. We thought it was exactly what we were looking for. The dealer had it there on Monday and we had an appt to test drive it at 3 on Tuesday. On the test drive the entry door rattled at 35 miles an hour with little to no wind. After stopping we checked the door and noticed it was not rigid enough to withstand the vibrations and would be a constant problem. Noticed several defects that the dealer completely missed in their review. They had removed an access panel above the propane tank to find a leveling defect and didn’t replace it. When I saw what was behind it my heart sank. The compartment had trash left over from manufacturing and all of the expanding foam that was surrounding the lines to keep moisture out had already broken from thermal expansion and vibration. Poor design on that area. I Had read a review before going there that said the fuel hose from inlet to tank can get kinked in manufacturing so I looked at that. Sure enough there was a kink in the fuel hose. Don’t know if it was big enough to create flow problems. I was done at that point. Looked at Renegade unit on same platform and the entry door is much stiffer and construction seems to be more solid. Very disappointed in both the dealer and Jayco.
- Kaybee, Nebraska

2021-08-12 2011 Forest River Berkshire 360FWS View Listings

This coach looks, drives and handles like a dream! The air suspension feels like you are on a cloud. The Cherry wood is very elegant and easy to clean. We tow a Chevrolet Traverse and it follows very nicely, we also set it up to work off the air breaks, so it stops on a dime! Tons of counter space and the Corrin counter tops is a great touch! The double door refrigerator can run off of LP, generator and electric, plus it is very large and includes an ice maker. The con is the shower is not very large, but I am 6'-1" 280# and I have no issues using it. Pro is it's a shower/tub.
- William S., Arizona

2021-08-11 2014 Tiffin Allegro Bus 45LP View Listings

This motorhome is a gorgeous 45 ft. Tiffen Allegro Bus! We have loved everything about it. It is an attention getter and noticed every time we've pulled into RV Parks! The color is a beautiful: Burgundy, Silver and Black. If my wife wasn't sick I wouldn't sell it. She needs to be closer to her doctors and not on the road. YOU SHOULD CHECK IT OUT!!
- Ben, New Mexico