Class A - Diesel Reviews on RV Insider (1,845)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Class A - Diesel RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Shane from Utah says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2015 Fleetwood Discovery 37R View Listings

HORRIBLE! DONT BUY ONE. I bought a brand new 37r from my local dealer. From day one I have had nothing but problems with it. Sure it had some little quirks with it like every Motorhome will. I know you are rolling down the road shaking the pieces out of these things, but this went way deeper than that. We had a smell coming inside the coach that smelled like engine burning, or exhaust or something from the engine compartment. When we drove it, it would give us bad headaches and make us a little nauseous. I took it in to the dealer and they could not find anything. I took another trip and same things happened. So back to the dealer. ( mind you it has now been in the shop about 15 times) they found about 30 cracks, holes, areas where the wood was not tight or where things did not align up properly so they foamed it all with expanding spray foam. They went overboard. I removed the wood cover over my water heater. All the water lines were now encased in foam. Half of my water heater was covered in foam. That's what the manufacture told the dealer to do. Guess what, it did not solve the problem. Back and forth to the dealer countless times. Finally fleetwood said we will bring it back to the manufacture and work on it. So they did. Put another 3000 miles on the coach and spent three weeks back there. I now have 11,000 miles on the coach and have only taken 5 trips in it. They said they tore out the whole master bedroom and replaced the floor. They drove it back out to me and said it was all fixed.... (Wrong). Still did the very same thing. I was pissed. Let me point out at this point, this is just one items I have been dealing with. There are countless other things going wrong with the coach simultaneously. Just to name a few. First trip out it started raining, the wipers would not work. But when it quit raining they would work again. I finally fiqured out that water from the road was coming up over the wheel well and into the electrical panel compartment behind the wheel well and shorting out the wipers. Many hours later and countless tubes of caulking that one was fixed. I had door frames falling apart from the ceiling so doors would not close, I had no heat out of the front dashboard. I had no heat in the master bedroom or bathroom (found out they smashed the duct work when installed. ) I had outlets pulling out of the walls. I had very low hot water pressure and they could not tell me why. They just said that is normal. (So normal I could not shower because the water would just trickle down the shower faucet, right. ) Again after many trips and many hours they found it had a bad water mixing valve. (Can you say LEMON). Oh no don't say it yet. It gets worse...... On top of about 20 other things going wrong with the inside of the coach. I decide to go to Vegas. I get two hours down the road, the whole time I could smell a very strong smell and it continued getting worse. I finally considered turning around because my wife was now on the couch sick as a dog, massive headache and I myself was nauseous and also had a headache when I had someone signal to me to pull over. When I did I went outside to the engine compartment and I had diesel fuel pouring out on the ground and had been spraying my tow vehicle for the last two hours. Everything was covered. I called the manufacture and they told me to tow it to the nearest dealer and have it fixed. End of vacation again. It spent yet another week in the shop to find out that the fuel injector on cylinder number 1 had broken off. And of coarse it was a recalled part but they don't feel it is important to warn people about it. They will just fix it as they break. Amazing... Anyway. Back to the next and final trip in this Motorhome for me. I went up to see our daughter in Another state, and spent the first night there and on the second night at 1:30 am the carbon monoxide detector goes off. It scares the living crap out of me. I get up and feel sick and a little dizzy. I open up the windows and door to air it out. Finally after about ten minutes the alarm quits chirping. I was so mad at this point I knew I was done. The next day I went in to a dealership where I was at and found a new coach that I really liked. It is a tiffin 40 qbh. Have heard nothing but fabulous things about the quality of tiffin and the support you get. I traded in my old Fleetwood and drove home in the new coach. What a difference to finally be in a unit that is quality built. I would like you to note that all through this process I was in contact with the manufacture and not once did they say, hey I am real sorry, I think you might of got a lemon, let's replace it with another coach. Not once did they offer to help out with expenses incurred from all the mishaps. I spent 200,000 on the coach and have made payments of 2000.00 a month for a year now. That's 24,000 dollars plus the loss of the trade in because fleetwood would drag their feet and not do anything for me I lost another 40,000 in the trade. So I have lost over 64,000 dollars on a coach I have not been able to take out once without some major problems that ruined each trip. I finally called fleetwood and told them that I traded in the old 37r and bought a different brand and they seemed to care less. I know I am just one person to many millions of buyers for them. And I am sure they are happy to have me gone. But with the use of media like it is today. My one review will hopefully affect thousands as they consider what to buy when it comes to a new rv. Fleetwood should be excluded from your list. There is no customer service!!! I fully expected fleetwood to stand up for what they sell, I had a very bad unit, I expected fleetwood to buy it back from me and let me chose another coach. At the time I would have been happy to just swap it out with another new coach. But they chose not to go that route. Instead they would just keep blowing me off until I would go away. Well they got part of it right. I went away but I am not gone. I will forever more tell people at every rally I go to and every person I see and talk to about rv's the experiences that I had with fleetwood. I am not a vindictive person but if that is the way they are going to treat their customers then I want people to know about it. It's never to late to make this right Fleetwood........just saying P.s. I keep thinking of things that were wrong with the unit. There were so many things that I start to forget them over time...I wished I could add pictures to this review. Pictures are worth a thousand words and they would speak volumes for this coach. Some of each of these things contributed to a ruined vacation every single time we went out. And mind you at a cost of many thousands of dollars with time off work, time in shops getting things fixed, non refundable helicopter trips to the bottom of the Grand Canyon that you missed because your Motorhome is sitting on the side of the freeway broken down again....it's not worth it. No hot water could not shower whole trip (several trips. Kept saying it was fixed when it was not) Water mixing valve inop Outlets falling out of place No heat on dashboard Water into electrical panel compartment Electric cord reel broken. Would not stop winding up. Front rock guard peeling off Fuel injector broken off ( engine about to catch fire) Wipers not working Outside compartment doors flying open during travel on freeway (scary) Kinked power steering hose ( from the manufacture) Squeaky brakes since ownership Delaminated windshield Faulty water heater fuel valve Leaky pipes at water heater Smell from engine compartment Cracks, holes, openings for smell to come through Sun bleached led lighting on front of coach Smokey generator Air leak in man door and one window (air whistling while driving) Steering wheel cover latch broken Microwave squeaking so loud. Had fixed at factory. Came back worse No heat into bedroom and bathroom (smashed duct work ) No heat under dash on drivers side Bathroom window seal came apart. Would not seal. Forgot to fix at factory I know there are more things I just can not remember them at this moment. Do yourself a favor and take it from someone who has learned the hard way. Don't do it. Save yourself the pain and agony and your hard earned dollars and do some research. You will come up with a better solution. My question is why do companies act this way.....it used to be because they can.. But not anymore. I have seen social media close companies down. That's not my intent here but I would like to see something done. And if word continues to spread it will reach the majority of the Masses and things will change for the better or they will have to close down. Had that carbon monoxide detector not gone off. I would not be here writing this letter to you. I would be dead and not one thing would change.
- Shane, Utah

2021-03-02 2014 Thor Motor Coach Tuscany 42WX View Listings

This coach is most comfortable and is a true luxury unit. Everything is high end and love the way it feels to out on the road with the family and enjoying life. Tows great with the 450 engine, would never know there was any thing behind the unit, even when traversing mountain passes. Great coach for the road.
- Carole Martinez, Arizona

2021-03-02 2015 Fleetwood Expedition 38K View Listings

We have had this RV for 3 years and have traveled to the Northwest and enjoy our area of the East Coast. We maintain overall service on a regular basis and have updated all the furniture and captains chairs. All new RecPro theatre seating 84" sofa and 4chairs and dinette. Captains Chairs have been recovered with excellent quality leather. We have been very busy in this RV and it has been and is very trustworthy and quality built. Time for us to rest a while now and let a new owner enjoy.
- Marilyn Wilson, Florida

2021-03-02 2012 Newmar Mountain Aire 4330 View Listings

Très satisfaite du service Newmar ,toujours la pour aider même avec difficulté de Communiquer en français tous les réparations ou achats de chez Newmar direct sont très bien! Très facile à conduire avec le comfort Drive j! J’aimerais un autre Newmar
- Mélanie Harvey, Quebec

2021-03-01 2006 Winnebago Journey 39K View Listings

Coach handles great on two lanes or open road. While on cruise control, vehicle glides down the road. Plenty of torque. Even though the Coach is 40', it easy to maneuver in tight spots. Controls are easy to access. Plenty of open living space.
- Steve Dowling, Oklahoma

2021-02-27 2004 Four Winds Mandalay 40B View Listings

the first thing is that this brand/unit had many more features of much more expensive Class A Diesel Motor coaches. The fit and finish was excellent, and the entire rig looked and felt like one of the high end coaches much more expensive in price. The ride was very smooth, comfortable, and the steering
- CJ, California

2021-02-27 2005 Damon Ultrasport 4075 View Listings

Love the layout. Wonderful quality with everything we want. Full oven, large fridge, comfortable bed. It drives great, plenty of storage for everything and pulls a Jeep gladiator like it's not even being towed. Cat 350 purrs like a kitten.
- Clay, North Carolina

2021-02-26 2008 Holiday Rambler Ambassador 38PDQ View Listings

I always liked the Holiday Rambler line. Especially before 2008. This rig looks good from the pictures, other than for the love seat, that is torn up! For what they are asking for this coach you would think they could at least replace it. This makes me wonder how well they stand behind the products they sell?
- Albert, Arizona

2021-02-25 2014 Newmar King Aire 4593 View Listings

Very nice coach . Had a Essex before this coach. Newmar has very good quality but Had little things that should not happen on this expensive of a coach. North trail did not honor there warranty at the end Very disappointed with the way they handled some issues Overall super nice and drives great
- Tommy, Florida

2021-02-24 2005 Newmar Dutch Star 3810 View Listings

Newmar is by far the premium Class A motor coach. Cabinetry and construction is second to none. Even with the older coaches, Newmar tech support has been excellent. Have absolutely no complaints with our unit!
- Kevin Foster, Illinois

2021-02-23 2006 Winnebago Journey 36G View Listings

We loved our RV, really enjoyed the separate bedroom and the spaciousness of the central living area. Kitchen has plenty of cabinets and countertops. Plenty of under coach storage to not clutter up the coach. Highly dependable coach.
- Donna Pemberton, California

2021-02-22 2001 Fleetwood American Tradition 40VS View Listings

This RV is a must see I urge you to test drive This magnificent Motorhome Has it drives like a Cadillac if your not familiar With the American Tradition series you won't be disappointed And one of the cleanest R v's you will find Inside and out
- Neal Frasier, Arizona

2021-02-21 2011 Winnebago Journey 40U View Listings

This is a wonderful comfortable riding coach. We've had many family trips in it. It is very comfortable in all weather. Having a full laundry on board is very helpful have even done wash driving down the road. I like the fact we can use it on electric only and have all the luxuries of home or you could pick propane.
- georgestarksells, Florida

2021-02-19 2020 Tiffin Allegro Bus 40IP View Listings

Absolutely love this bus. This is our second - the first we had for over 10 years (2005). These are mansions on wheels and a pleasure to drive. The half bath is a game changer. Top notch finishes and build quality are unmatched in this price range.
- NK, Florida

2021-02-19 2003 Damon Ultrasport 3873 View Listings

We love this RV... Has been amazing Not issues at all. .............................................................................................................................................................................................
- George, California

2021-02-17 2014 Tiffin Allegro Bus 45LP View Listings

Our Allegro Coach is a perfect coach on all levels. Very spacious and comfortable! The Acqua Hot is great for hot water and coach heat. Driving is easy and you do not know the Jeep is behind you. We are getting a new 45opp.
- Tommy Mcculloch, Texas

2021-02-16 2011 Winnebago Tour 42QD View Listings

THIS WINNEBAGO TOUR MODEL IS 5 STAR IN ALL ASPECTS. TRAVELS LIKE RIDING ON A CLOUD, EASY STEERING WITH UNIQUE FRONT SUSPENSION. NO ARM OR NECK FATIGUE! COMFORTABLE SEAT AND DRIVER INTERFACE WITH ALL CONTROLS. THE SLIDE OPEN FLOOR PLAN ALLOWS GREAT LIVING SPACE AND COMFORT. THREE ROOF AC/HEAT IS COMFORTABLE WHEN OUTSIDE TEMPS ARE ABOVE 37 DEGREES. USE AQUA HOT HEATER IN COLD WEATHER OR TO TAKE THE CHILL OFF IN TOTAL QUIETNESS. THE AIR NUMBER BED IS VERY COMFORATBLE. TOWING MY FORD FOCUS WITH SUCH EASE THAT NEED TO LOOK INTO REARVIEW CAMERA TO SEE IF IT IS THERE. GREAT POWER FOR HILL CLIMBS WITH THE 450hp CUMMINS DIESEL. I HAVE OWNED 4 RV'S AND THIS ONE IS CLEARLY THE BEST OVERALL AND FOR QUALITY PLUS PERFORMANCE AND MUCH LESS MAINTENANCE.QUALITY, DURABILITY AND RELIABILITY IS ALL THE BEST THERE IS.
- donaldvonk, Michigan

2021-02-13 2013 Tiffin Phaeton 40QBH View Listings

This RV has been very reliable we have traveled to every state including Alaska. We have put 68000 mi on it. We did have to replace the refrigerator and two air conditioner but was under warranty. I recommend any Rv from tiffon.
- Terry west, Georgia

2021-02-12 2017 Fleetwood Discovery 38K View Listings

Rear slide electric power to slide motor had to be rewired and now the 2 gears that open and close the bed, (not the slide) have stripped due to the weight of the bed.So now the slide doesn't close 100% I can't find any parts book to order gears and La Mesa our local dealer really sucks....
- davidpmorgan, Florida

2021-02-08 2017 Winnebago Journey 40J View Listings

I found this RV easy to learn to drive. Have never driven anything this large, but after a four hour lesson and then a few hour of practice time in an empty parking lot, I was good to go. We made two 6000 mile trips and one 4000 mile trip this past year. Comfortable captains chairs for driving an electronic package. Bed has sleep number technology for both sides in master bedroom and sleeps four
- Dave McFarlane, Florida

2021-02-06 2017 Newmar Essex 4519 View Listings

In your quest for a perfect coach I would rate the Newmar Essex one on the very top. Livability like a well appointed apartment. Driving like a luxury vehicle and very quiet. Towing, well, I towed a Jeep and really never knew I was towing a vehicle except when I looked in the camera screen and saw the Jeep. Quality was superb upon taking care of a few items the previous owner neglected. If you are seeking a coach for road travel this is it. Last, power is the ability to climb mountain roads in Colorado with a Jeep in tow and pass other RV's and trucks accelerating up hill.
- Thomas Lambert, Indiana

2021-02-03 2017 Newmar Essex 4519 View Listings

Absolutely a luxury and quality coach. Would love to keep the unit but can not due to wife's health. Traveled one major trip to Denver and found it is like driving a luxury auto. Has absolutely everything need to travel with extended stay. All components have been check and serviced.
- Thomas Lambert, Indiana

2021-02-03 1999 Fleetwood Discovery 36T View Listings

Well built motorhome. Comfortable and spacious. Everything has worked very well and has had minimal problems throughout the years. The Cummins diesel has been good without having to really replace anything for 18 years and even at that time everything was working properly but having a belt and pulley break, it was time to replace all the items while the technician was in there. Small price to pay for that many years of use. I’d recommend a diesel pusher, it’s great on gas and we’ve gone 5 days running the generator and never skipped a beat with plenty of gas left when ready to leave. The propane tank lasts a very long time and we have never ran out. Definitely a durable motorhome.
- Steve, Michigan

2021-02-03 2003 Airstream Land Yacht 396XL View Listings

Airstream is the best. I bought this 39ft diesel motorhome as a single woman and have managed with no problems. The quality and craftsmanship of Airstream is second to none. I had total confidence that this diesel pusher with the Freightliner chassi would be solid and reliable, and I was right, even though it was a 2003. As a diesel I was happy it was well broken in. I’ve used it to live in, travel coast to coast, and later as my office adding WiFi boosters and antennae. Just like any home, I have upgraded and maintained the quality with the improvements. It has been totally Comfortable throughout with lots of features I appreciated. The storage, large shower, ample kitchen area, heating and cooling, and living space was just right for moving from my 4000sq ft house into the motorhome. I am thankful for the Airstream high level or workmanship!
- Nancy, Georgia

2021-02-03 2014 Thor Motor Coach Palazzo 36.1 View Listings

We Love our Palazzo! We wish we had opposable slides in the living area, but our RV's upholstery in a short time of 5-6 yrs of age started cracking and peeled off in a weekend! Thor has done nothing to help with this matter even though they are aware the fabric choice is crap. So we are now stuck with a beautiful coach we are embarrassed in invite anyone into as the seating looks horrible!!!! They have said its out of warranty and refuse to make good on a coach that is kept fully enclosed and is only used occasionally. It is extremely expensive to get all the seating recovered...just fyi...buyers beware you will get NO CUSTOMER SERVICE or CARE from THOR!
- Catherine Chapin, Arkansas