Class A - Diesel RVs Reviews (1,450)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Class A - Diesel RVs Reviews and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of these RVs.

Chase Herbig from Florida says:

Have you owned any Class A - Diesel RVs? Write a review

Voted Most Helpful Review 2016 Newmar King Aire 4503 View Listings

Purchased a King Air. Had a problem with the wall slide as it was not level. It was like walking on the side of a hill. Newmar knew they had the problems but sent them to the dealer with the defect. The dealer I also believe knew about the defect. Also the wall slide had a large dent from the inside out. Somehow I over looked it when I purchased but noticed it when I picked up the RV. Newmar service manager told me to bring the rv in and they would adjust the wall slide once they get the parts in from a vendor. This took a month. I refused to drive the RV to dealer since it was a 10 hour round trip then the same to pick up. Newmar manager said they would split the fuel. I was shocked. I refused and after I got my wife involved he agreed. He sent a driver to pick up the RV and returned it but they were suppose to repair the dent at the same time. They didn't stating they didn't have the time so I told The Newmar manager to keep it another week. Didn't hear back from him but the driver called and said he's on the way to deliver my RV. I was surprised that the dent was not going to be repaired but I told them that he would need to return the RV for repairs at his cost. When I got the RV back a few items that I gave the dealer to repair were not done and they destroyed my screen door and scratched up my stainless interior door panel. I later contacted Newmar service manager and told him that he needed to have the RV Ickes up to have the Dent repaired and the other screw up. He said it would be at my cost. Unbelievable,, after fighting thru this he agreed to pay for half the fuel cost. I was in absolute disbelief that this guy is asking me to not only return the RV to the dealer but was negotiating fuel cost. Are we talking about $100 at best. I owned one Essex my first RV then went into owning three preowned Prevosts. I honestly believed that I would get not only a superior RV but the best manufacture and dealer service. To the contrary I was in such disbelief that I sold the RV after owning about 4 months. I was concerned that if Newmar would treat us like they did after just paying over $700,000 for a King Aire what's it going to be like if I had another problem. Newmar knew of the defective wall slide as The service manager told me that they could fix in the field and had to have the vendor make the part for the fix. I have told my story to many many friend that RV and they have stayed away from Newmar. Be careful reading all of these great reviews. Many are staged. RVers need to look at for each other. The manufactures are not regulated like the vehicle manufactures. They dealt with me in bad faith and consumers need to be aware. RVT. Please publish.
- Chase Herbig , Florida

2019-12-05 2014 Forest River Berkshire 390BH View Listings

Great RV, perfect for bringing the kids along! Quality finishes, very comfortable! It's a bit of a sacrifice of the small bathroom compared to units without a bunk but worth it to give the kids their own space. Easy to drive and park. We love ours. Compared to others in this price range we really felt like we were getting luxury at a much better price!
- ksnider@copperstaterubber.com, Arizona

2019-12-04 2019 Fleetwood Pace Arrow LXE 38K View Listings

This was to be our dream coach. Purchased in October 2018. Shower drain installed tilting wrong way. Had to remove wall to access drain and repair (4 weeks). Spring 2019 on trip to Florida electrical transfer box malfunctioned creating hazard within coach.(Special switch with voltage regulator in mechanism.) 4 Trips by local service finally had me replace to a regular switch problem solved. Warranty claim originally denied but a lot of persistance paid off and a check of 670.00 was sent to us.Last issue involved drop down stairs which decided to drop down upon entering customes booth northern Mich. steps caught concrete post and bent up and into fiberglass body. Needless to say our trip had hit a large speedbump. Kudos to workers on USA side who came to our aid with pry bars and sawsall to remove damaged steps. We were able to limp to small local RV dealer and he graciously removed steps so we could travel. With the use of small ladder for entry and exit. Now the fun part. We were toldupon calling dealer that the steps should never come down unless door is opened Warranty dept at Fleetwood said otherwise. After many a calm exchange Fleetwood decided to cover complete cost for steps and body damage. Kudos to the warranty rep named Joy who throughout the entire process was a peach to deal with. For the cost of these new coaches you would think a little more thought would go into denying these claims first then capitulating layer if the customer wont give up. Again thanks to Joy from Fleetwood and Debbie fron General Rv in Huntley you wer great. Hopefully, we have seen the last of major mishaps. We love the coach and am keeping it. Happy Travels!
- Fred Martin, Illinois

2019-12-03 2020 Thor Motor Coach Aria 3901 View Listings

Love the floor plan and quality of the unit.Few minor issues but that comes with all New RVs.Thor was easy to work with on the issues.I would definitely recommend this unit to anyone wanting a great full time rv
- Ryan Lasuer, Georgia

2019-12-03 2005 Monaco Diplomat 38PDQ View Listings

Great built coach. Build for cross country trips. Solid construction and insulation. Very safe and sturdy chassis. Ample storage and space to live in full-time. You will not find a better coach. Pre-smog 400hp ISL Cummings Diesel.
- Kyle Humphrey, California

2019-12-02 2007 Country Coach Intrigue 530 Jubilee View Listings

This coach drives very smooth and comfortable. It has a lot of power with the CAT 13 525 HP engine. The floor plan is very comfortable to live in. It drove as though you are in a cloud and handles very well on the rough roads. It is nice to have a washer & dryer in the coach to deal with dirty laundry while you are on the road. It has floor heat on the tile flooring and it is great for does cold nights.
- Manuel Sousa, Washington

2019-12-02 2003 Holiday Rambler Navigator 45PBT View Listings

I can drive 400 miles without tiring its a very comfortable RV. Does not get putted about by trucks passing because of the air-bag suspension. The 3 AC units keep you cool in the summer and the aqua-hot provides heat in the winter.
- ken, Arizona

2019-12-01 2019 Winnebago Forza 38F View Listings

I never write reviews but I feel it’s necessary if for no other reason than to defend Winnebago products.  We owned a 2014 Via that was quality in every detail.  We recently sold it & purchased a 2019 Forza 36G.   I’m not sure if all the negative reviews I read about them are normal for this model or if I got an exception to the norm.   We only have 3,600 miles on it now but have made several trips and other than a few minor cosmetic problems that the dealer took care of (or me!), we have had virtually no problems with our unit.     I will say that we looked at the 34T Forza and the workmanship on it was not up to what I considered Winnebago standards. We looked at the 36G however & everything in it was a step ahead of the 34. I’m not sure if this is just coincidental or normal for the 36G.   Since we bought the unit late in the year, we knew the air-conditioning systems worked fine but we wanted to test out the heating systems before we winterized it. We intentionally drove the unit up to New Mexico from Okla where it was snowy there and 4 degrees Fahrenheit just to see how it operated in cold conditions.  Everything worked as it should and we had no freeze ups on water or sewer areas. Heating system, fireplace, and gas tankless water heater with circulating loop worked fine.   Some of the problems I read about are actually maybe not problems; some owners may need to know how to operate the equipment better by asking Winnebago if the dealer can’t help. Not knowing how to start the diesel generator (not priming properly) and not knowing that the sewer connector is movable,not fixed, are owner issues, not the manufacturer.   Although the dealer I purchased from for the most part was clueless, (which most dealers of any type of product are because the purchaser knows more about the product than they do)...Winnebago Customer service has been able to help me with any questions I have so far.   I hope this review will go a little ways toward helping anybody out there looking to buy this particular model. We love ours!!   Please feel free to contact me if there’s anything I can help someone on with this model. Mike.
- Mike Knight, Oklahoma

2019-12-01 1999 Holiday Rambler Navigator 42DSS View Listings

This is a beautiful RV... We drove it and it drives great with the air suspension system. The recliners were very comfortable. The piano is a wonderful addition. It plays itself and records. Don't have the money just yet but hope to have some after Christmas. Hope its still available...
- Steve, Louisiana

2019-11-30 2001 Monaco Knight 34H View Listings

This is my first DP an have enjoyed it an have done multiple short trips an one long trip 78 days an just under 10k miles.Once sold I will be looking for one 2 to 4 ft longer.The next DP will be 3 to 4 yrs newer that's all the new ones have to many problems I read about.
- Rick carter, California

2019-11-30 2006 Bluebird Wanderlodge 450LXi View Listings

Just purchased a 2006 450 Lxi. The unit had 47,500 miles on it with extensive updates and maintenance records provided from the previous owner. It is IMHO one of the finest coaches ever built. Ride quality and power is excellent. Build quality is impeccable. No longer in business but excellent online support through various web sites and other owners. Just remember to budget for maintenance and repairs. This is a given with any motor coach. These are complicated units that require constant attention and care. It's part of the requirement to motor coach ownership.
- DL Turbyfill, North Carolina

2019-11-30 2014 Newmar Essex 4553 View Listings

I have owned 6 coaches. 2 Monacos (Diplomat & Windsor), 1 American (Tradition), and 3 Newmars (Dutch Star, Mountain Aire & Essex). They are all good coaches. The Essex is the by far the superior in all categories (chassis, electronics, driving comfort, etc).
- Schelly D Doise, Louisiana

2019-11-29 2018 Forest River Legacy SR 340 34A View Listings

Don't do it. This rig, although beautiful inside and out has been a nightmare. More time in the shop then in our position!! And Forest river support is a joke. They even send a nice little right after. If we had to do it again we would not!! Looking to trade it in on something that's been much more reliable in the past.this is the 6th RV we had in the last 30 years and by far the worst as far as quality. Looks good but that's great if you don't want to use it.
- Nick, Washington

2019-11-29 2014 Thor Motor Coach Palazzo 33.2 View Listings

The Thor Motor coach Pallazo 33.2 at first glance looks like a home run for the money however it is totally not the case. Poor quality throughout the coach. flooring seats, storage space electrical system. A total dog. You will spend a fortune fixing all the things wrong with this product. Factory support non existent. Cheap cheap cheap and crappy from the roof line down to the The chassis. I own a 1996 Fleetwood discovery which runs circles around this brown turd.If all of the deficiencys are fixed then you will have a pretty nice machine. The chassis is made by freightliner so far so good. The Thor motor coach side is cheap and crappy all the way through. I am in the process of basically rebuilding my coach. My coach is a 2014. All the vinyl on the seats and booth and coach have to be replaced. Which means you might as well buy new as to have them recovered and forget about any warranty from Thor or from Villa there is none. Supposedly the material came from china furnished to villa by Thor. The electrical system will not keep the batteries charged when connected to shore power. The water system control valves have to be replaced. No storage. and finally super low clearance. You will scrape the body on everything. super difficult to wax. This thing should be sent to a shredder. Crappy Jensen radio and all the TV's are uber cheap. Advice to the wise. Don't buy unless you purchase from some dumb sap like me who is in the process of fixing everything. Also the refrigerator craps out after 5 years. Advice stay the hell away from anything that says Thor Motor Coach. Run run run away from Thor Motor coach.
- Mnwray1961@gmail.com, Missouri

2019-11-28 2004 Fleetwood Revolution 40C View Listings

We were fortunate enough to take an extended trip in our RV which saw us driving across Canada, then down into the eastern US and across the southern US to the California coast then home again. This saw us on the road and living in the unit for almost a year. During this trip we towed a 16' cargo trailer with good success. The RV towed it without missing a beat, including going through the rookie mountains. Through the course of this trip the inevidable issues occurred within the coach which had to be dealt with so needless to say, all the bugs got ironed out. The chassis was excellent throughout with no issues at all. During the duration of this trip I added a total of 2 quarts of motor oil. No other running gear issues occurred whatsoever. All in all we were very pleased.
- Jim Corcoran, British Columbia

2019-11-27 2001 Monaco Diplomat 38PBD View Listings

A great home, the 330 Cummins had plenty of power and trouble free. It is better insulated than our fifth wheel, can't hear outside noise as much. It seems to be well built not falling apart like so many others you see.
- Jerry, Texas

2019-11-24 2003 Newmar Dutch Star 3803 View Listings

This was our first RV. We read the "Blogs" and talked to other RV Owners. We looked for a used Tiffin, Monoco or Newmar. Being first time owners, we had no idea what our preferences were but project one was to get the "old" smell out of this 14 year old coach. During our first year we stopped at the Newmar Factory to check it out. They treated us the same as a new owner taking delivery. A nice gentlemen showed us how to locate parts and we purchased all kinds of little parts and pieces from these bins that renewed handles, lights, switches. We've noticed this coach is very well insulated both for temperature and noise. I've been in other coaches and you can easily hear your neighbors conversation next door. We are totally sold on this brand and are actively looking for a newer Newmar.
- Bill Semple, Florida

2019-11-24 2003 Monaco Diplomat 38PBD View Listings

We were fortunate in purchasing our RV while the original Monaco company was still intact. Up to the point of the sale to another company, our factory warranty and support were great. Afterwards, not so much. However, the Monaco International organization was amazing during that time period, helping their members locate parts, services, etc. We learned that Monaco owners were extremely happy with the brand and very loyal to it. We easily became happy, loyal owners ourselves and enjoyed our travels and experiences to the max. The decision to sell our RV and give up the best hobby in the world has been one of our most difficult yet. My husband is 84 and I'm 77. While we are both in really good health, we have come to realize that driving an RV at this point in our lives can be challenging. But, we miss it already. As far as our specific RV is concerned, there isn't enough allowable writing space to express our satisfaction with it. Over our 15 years of owning this coach, we have added equipment and changed some of the original furnishings and finishes, but that was more a matter of taste versus need. The floor plan, the way it handles on the road, the ease of hooking her up at a campground … all are first rate. Basically, when comparing features and experiences with other RV owners, we have had far less major problems. I read somewhere that the Monacos manufactured in the early 2000's are still some of the best-built RVs on the road today and I can believe it. We loved having the private rear bedroom that could be completely closed off from the living area. There is a surprising lack of noise filtering between the two. One can easily sleep in while the other enjoys coffee and early-morning television. There is an amazing amount of storage space. Wherever the manufacturer could place a cabinet or a drawer, they did so. The closet in the rear was more than enough space for an entire season of clothing. We would typically take a 3-month or longer trip each year and never had to look for places to store extra shoes, jackets, etc. When we’re at home in our condo, we frequently cook on our grill and prepare elaborate side dishes in our kitchen. My husband and I love to cook. We found we could do the same things in our RV. The slide-out storage bin accommodated our travel-size grill and the kitchen worked just fine for food prep and cooking. The convection oven was simple to learn and I never missed my larger oven in the condo. One Thanksgiving, our RV became the headquarters for meal preparation for our family. We had six women all engaged in various tasks of getting the meal on the table and there was plenty of room. We managed to produce some darn good meals that weekend. All-in-all, this coach has been an excellent second home for us. We’ve seen “tiny houses” on television with less features and less space than our RV offers. We’ve entertained as many as eight people inside at the same time. While some prospective buyers might be concerned about the age and mileage, this coach has been well-cared for; there are a lot of years and a lot of miles left. For anyone who wants to get into a road-ready diesel Class A with luxury features, this is an opportunity to do so at an affordable price.
- Mary Capo, Florida

2019-11-24 1978 GMC GMC RTS III View Listings

I was a passenger on this RV when it went on tour with MTV subsidiary Epix TV. We shot commercials and lived in the bus while on tour. It was very comfortable and has comfortable couches and a posh interior. I enjoyed my time on the bus its been through some seriously good times.
- Jacky Maxwell, California

2019-11-22 2017 Fleetwood Discovery LXE 40G View Listings

Firstly the mechanics of Freightliner and Cummins. I have zero complaints about the drivability of mechanics. The power is always there including going through mountains of the East and the West. Admitting to nothing but if one wanted to run 80mph down the interstate, it drives so easily and is possible. I did notice mostly at high elevations, from a stop, it takes a moment to move the coach after depressing the go pedal but then a moment after that, it will put you in your seat from the torque. I’m sure it’s the turbo delay and completely normal and in all engines of this type. The engine braking is phenomenal and confidence inspiring going down long downhill grades. This is a large coach. Almost 42’ when measured. Tires have worn evenly thus far. Now for the Fleetwood side. Overall, very satisfied and highly recommend to any future buyer. I am quite confident, most manufacturers have a few build quality issues from the factory. This is no secret. I would have a very hard time justifying a brand new off the line coach. Sure you have a year of warranty but what good is that if you have to leave the coach sit for weeks or months or worse, drive it to another state to get worked on. Buying a one to three year old coach, that has had these factory oopses fixed already is my recommendation. On this particular model, the windshield gaskets are known to leak and mine was no exception. Fixed without damage but that’s something that should just never happen on a new vehicle. I am not a fan of the Truma tankless water heater. In theory, excellent choice and when they work, you never run out of hot water. Read some reviews on these and you’ll quickly see they are quirky and can be frustrating just to get them turned on. The last think you want in a high end coach with a beautiful shower is to get cold water on you and with the Truma, it’s 50/50 shot. Seems you have to hold your tongue in your cheek and pray to the RV gods everytime you walk in the shower. The drivers side mirror vibrates and bit and makes it hard to see, especially at night. Again, common issue that really doesn’t have a known fix. The side view and rear view cameras are something you can’t live without once you get used to them. I would like to see the monitor raised up closer to the eye level of the driver though. Now when you put the blinker on, the side view activates but you have to look so far down and to the right to see the screen, just seems a bit of a additional hazard for something that is supposed to make driving safer. It’s the the bunkhouse 40G and my favorite layout of all the Discoveries. Bunk house with each having their own DVD and TV with wireless headphones. The king size bed in the master can make a tight squeeze to get from the bunk room to the bedroom when the slide is out but only if you are a very large person would it be an absolute issue. Can always go through the bathroom if needed. Residential fridge and appliances are on the drivers side, allowing full window access to your picnic table side. Something we didn’t really think of until after we camped the first time. If you have kids or grandkids, this IS the RV for you. You can watch them play or eat breakfast in plain site while inside the RV. Full wall slide and partial slide on drivers have performed flawless to date. If you have the full wall slide out during a heavy rain, make sure there isn’t water pooling on top of the slide awning before retracting the slide. It WILL end up folding the canvas over and bring the pool of water inside your coach. Since you coach is level at the time, you won’t know it until you accelerate or hit the brakes. Once bitten, twice shy. Basically check the recoil tension on the retractor periodically to make sure it’s adjusted with enough strength to keep the water from pooling in the first place. It’s a long slide without a center support so pooling is inevitable. The ceramic tile floor is amazing and one of the first things you notice walking in. Definitely gives a WOW factor to new guests. Frankly, this coach, 2017 and new, just looks plain sexy and modern. The front fascia changed in 2017 and for the better in my opinion. Headlights could be brighter although I do believe they are projection lamps. Motor is almost unheard while driving allowing you to hear the wind as you push your way through the atmosphere. Relatively quiet but if you have a squeak, you’ll hear it until you fix it. The fridges tend to clog where the water drains into the pan. You’ll need to keep this unclogged else you will get some water on the floor. Tons of storage in the basement. Easy access to batteries and generator if needed. Lovely and beautiful coach, highly recommend, but let someone else get all the factory issues taken care of for you first and you’ll most likely have a solid coach for years to come. Enjoy and hope this helps someone about there.
- Joseph Winkelmann, Missouri

2019-11-19 2014 Tiffin Allegro Breeze 32BR View Listings

SUMMARY: We struggled to enjoy this RV. Bought it new, kept it for 2 years and under 10k miles, then sold for around $30k less.than our purchase price which we think was getting off lucky given our feelings about it. PROS: - Aesthetics play a big part for this unit. It certainly looks sharp. - The layout works well enough for longer term use. We traveled up to 4 months at a time and found it just large enough. - Underside storage bays are huge pass-throughs which allowed us to put expensive bicycles down there to keep them safe and clean. - air ride suspension allows the RV to be dropped down when parked. CONS: (too many) - #1 gripe is the extremely POOR insulation which greatly effected livability in both warmer and cooler temps. The Breeze was like an oven anytime temps got over 75F. During our long stay in AZ during the winter, we frequently had to use reflexive foil sheets on all the sun exposed windows even though the outdoor temps were only just comfortable. Conversely it did not hold heat and needed ceramic auxiliary heaters any time the temps were under 55F. Even with dual heaters going throughout the night, we still froze. Oh, also installed the insulated foil stuff over all the windows to try keeping out the cold draft... didn't help much. FYI, heat pump installed with the AC unit is useless below 45F, leaving you to burn through your propane running the gas heater. Overall, the livable temperature range of this unit is severely limited to only around 20F (55-75F). - driver's side slideout is very poor fitting. It had a large gap along the bottom, enough to put my hand through to the inside of the unit after flipping down the single excuse of a weather strip. On colder nights in AZ had to pull in the slideout to try limiting excessive heat loss. - rear motor emits tons of heat into the back bedroom and takes many hours to dissipate after a long drive. Motor is extremely noisy for a long day of driving giving us headaches. - the fiberglass header cap at the front above the windscreen is completely uninsulated. I found this out by accident while removing the water tank display panel. Nothing up there except the outside fiberglass shell. - rear cap also had no insullation. found this out while sorting out the mess of AV wiring and components stuffed into the upper cabinets. - cheap windows that have large gaps between the sliders and fixed panes, plus weep holes, etc. Definitely not all season windows. - highway driving is quite wallowy, especially when any pickup truck or larger passed by. - engine ECU lost programming while RV was stored plugged in to land power. RV had to be towed to a service center. - had a turbo pressure sensor hose blow, resulting in limping through the remainder of our trip and many panic calls to Tiffin support. Once home, another trip to the service center. - passenger slideout fiberglass shell underside cracked from sitting directly on the roller mechanisms. They installed aftermarket plates to try fixing this. - very soft paint finish that scratches and scuffs extremely easily. On the plus side, a professional body touch up (buffing) > $1000 can restore much of the original look.
- Bryan, Idaho

2019-11-19 2013 Thor Motor Coach Tuscany 42WX View Listings

I love the layout. Has everything I wanted in RV Except I wanted Recliners. I do not like the L shape couch. Every time I get in the RV something Breaks. It has been in SHOP 1/2 time I've owned it. I will never buy another Thor. My extended warranty has already paid out $10k on repairs in 1 half yrs of my ownership. It's a shame to pay 200k and be upset of quality of workmanship to build this RV.
- Dawn Osborne, Alabama

2019-11-19 2017 Thor Motor Coach Venetian G36 View Listings

The coach is very comfortable and you can’t go wrong with a Freightliner chassis. This is my fourth RV, of witch two are class A. The Thor build of this coach seems to not quite be getting to the finish line with quality. The two front storage area flooring rooted out with in 18 months and had to be replaced and now just out of warranty the utility Bay Area flooring is rooted out. They have used the wrong type of material for a wet area. Electrical circuitry and plumbing routing good be better routed and secured. The unit has almost no heating in the utility bay and there are exposed water lines in none heated storage area. They have done a very nice job on the interior assembly and design. The owner’s manual is almost useless, not even close to my model and pages don’t match appendix. Overall, a nice coach for your money.
- Mac McFerrin, Virginia

2019-11-18 2017 Winnebago Solei 34T View Listings

This RV is the perfect size! 35' fits in almost every RV park including National Parks! All the power you need to travel cross country! Comfortable layout! Great for full time to weekend warrior!
- Christopher Conti, Florida

2019-11-18 2003 Monaco Camelot 40PST View Listings

We are the 2nd owner, the 1st owner kept it for 16 years and kept it in great condition. We love the opposing slides in the front that open up the living & kitchen areas. The bath is roomy for an RV & we love the rear bed with under bed storage. I've upgraded lighting to LED, the tvs & surround sound receiver. I also redesigned the cabinets that housed the old tvs. It drives very well, I replaced the air springs & shock absorbers which has improved handling. Mileage has been 7.5-10 mpg, which is very good for a 16.5 ton coach. The Cummins ISC 8.1 has plenty of power for hills or flats alike. I haven't towed with it yet but the previous owner did a lot & he bragged about how well it performed while towing. This is a great coach and we look forward to many years.
- Joe V Bolin, Georgia