Class A - Diesel Reviews on RV Insider (1,931)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Class A - Diesel RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Shane from Utah says:

Read More (1931 reviews)

Voted Most Helpful Review 2015 Fleetwood Discovery 37R View Listings

HORRIBLE! DONT BUY ONE. I bought a brand new 37r from my local dealer. From day one I have had nothing but problems with it. Sure it had some little quirks with it like every Motorhome will. I know you are rolling down the road shaking the pieces out of these things, but this went way deeper than that. We had a smell coming inside the coach that smelled like engine burning, or exhaust or something from the engine compartment. When we drove it, it would give us bad headaches and make us a little nauseous. I took it in to the dealer and they could not find anything. I took another trip and same things happened. So back to the dealer. ( mind you it has now been in the shop about 15 times) they found about 30 cracks, holes, areas where the wood was not tight or where things did not align up properly so they foamed it all with expanding spray foam. They went overboard. I removed the wood cover over my water heater. All the water lines were now encased in foam. Half of my water heater was covered in foam. That's what the manufacture told the dealer to do. Guess what, it did not solve the problem. Back and forth to the dealer countless times. Finally fleetwood said we will bring it back to the manufacture and work on it. So they did. Put another 3000 miles on the coach and spent three weeks back there. I now have 11,000 miles on the coach and have only taken 5 trips in it. They said they tore out the whole master bedroom and replaced the floor. They drove it back out to me and said it was all fixed.... (Wrong). Still did the very same thing. I was pissed. Let me point out at this point, this is just one items I have been dealing with. There are countless other things going wrong with the coach simultaneously. Just to name a few. First trip out it started raining, the wipers would not work. But when it quit raining they would work again. I finally fiqured out that water from the road was coming up over the wheel well and into the electrical panel compartment behind the wheel well and shorting out the wipers. Many hours later and countless tubes of caulking that one was fixed. I had door frames falling apart from the ceiling so doors would not close, I had no heat out of the front dashboard. I had no heat in the master bedroom or bathroom (found out they smashed the duct work when installed. ) I had outlets pulling out of the walls. I had very low hot water pressure and they could not tell me why. They just said that is normal. (So normal I could not shower because the water would just trickle down the shower faucet, right. ) Again after many trips and many hours they found it had a bad water mixing valve. (Can you say LEMON). Oh no don't say it yet. It gets worse...... On top of about 20 other things going wrong with the inside of the coach. I decide to go to Vegas. I get two hours down the road, the whole time I could smell a very strong smell and it continued getting worse. I finally considered turning around because my wife was now on the couch sick as a dog, massive headache and I myself was nauseous and also had a headache when I had someone signal to me to pull over. When I did I went outside to the engine compartment and I had diesel fuel pouring out on the ground and had been spraying my tow vehicle for the last two hours. Everything was covered. I called the manufacture and they told me to tow it to the nearest dealer and have it fixed. End of vacation again. It spent yet another week in the shop to find out that the fuel injector on cylinder number 1 had broken off. And of coarse it was a recalled part but they don't feel it is important to warn people about it. They will just fix it as they break. Amazing... Anyway. Back to the next and final trip in this Motorhome for me. I went up to see our daughter in Another state, and spent the first night there and on the second night at 1:30 am the carbon monoxide detector goes off. It scares the living crap out of me. I get up and feel sick and a little dizzy. I open up the windows and door to air it out. Finally after about ten minutes the alarm quits chirping. I was so mad at this point I knew I was done. The next day I went in to a dealership where I was at and found a new coach that I really liked. It is a tiffin 40 qbh. Have heard nothing but fabulous things about the quality of tiffin and the support you get. I traded in my old Fleetwood and drove home in the new coach. What a difference to finally be in a unit that is quality built. I would like you to note that all through this process I was in contact with the manufacture and not once did they say, hey I am real sorry, I think you might of got a lemon, let's replace it with another coach. Not once did they offer to help out with expenses incurred from all the mishaps. I spent 200,000 on the coach and have made payments of 2000.00 a month for a year now. That's 24,000 dollars plus the loss of the trade in because fleetwood would drag their feet and not do anything for me I lost another 40,000 in the trade. So I have lost over 64,000 dollars on a coach I have not been able to take out once without some major problems that ruined each trip. I finally called fleetwood and told them that I traded in the old 37r and bought a different brand and they seemed to care less. I know I am just one person to many millions of buyers for them. And I am sure they are happy to have me gone. But with the use of media like it is today. My one review will hopefully affect thousands as they consider what to buy when it comes to a new rv. Fleetwood should be excluded from your list. There is no customer service!!! I fully expected fleetwood to stand up for what they sell, I had a very bad unit, I expected fleetwood to buy it back from me and let me chose another coach. At the time I would have been happy to just swap it out with another new coach. But they chose not to go that route. Instead they would just keep blowing me off until I would go away. Well they got part of it right. I went away but I am not gone. I will forever more tell people at every rally I go to and every person I see and talk to about rv's the experiences that I had with fleetwood. I am not a vindictive person but if that is the way they are going to treat their customers then I want people to know about it. It's never to late to make this right Fleetwood........just saying P.s. I keep thinking of things that were wrong with the unit. There were so many things that I start to forget them over time...I wished I could add pictures to this review. Pictures are worth a thousand words and they would speak volumes for this coach. Some of each of these things contributed to a ruined vacation every single time we went out. And mind you at a cost of many thousands of dollars with time off work, time in shops getting things fixed, non refundable helicopter trips to the bottom of the Grand Canyon that you missed because your Motorhome is sitting on the side of the freeway broken down again....it's not worth it. No hot water could not shower whole trip (several trips. Kept saying it was fixed when it was not) Water mixing valve inop Outlets falling out of place No heat on dashboard Water into electrical panel compartment Electric cord reel broken. Would not stop winding up. Front rock guard peeling off Fuel injector broken off ( engine about to catch fire) Wipers not working Outside compartment doors flying open during travel on freeway (scary) Kinked power steering hose ( from the manufacture) Squeaky brakes since ownership Delaminated windshield Faulty water heater fuel valve Leaky pipes at water heater Smell from engine compartment Cracks, holes, openings for smell to come through Sun bleached led lighting on front of coach Smokey generator Air leak in man door and one window (air whistling while driving) Steering wheel cover latch broken Microwave squeaking so loud. Had fixed at factory. Came back worse No heat into bedroom and bathroom (smashed duct work ) No heat under dash on drivers side Bathroom window seal came apart. Would not seal. Forgot to fix at factory I know there are more things I just can not remember them at this moment. Do yourself a favor and take it from someone who has learned the hard way. Don't do it. Save yourself the pain and agony and your hard earned dollars and do some research. You will come up with a better solution. My question is why do companies act this way.....it used to be because they can.. But not anymore. I have seen social media close companies down. That's not my intent here but I would like to see something done. And if word continues to spread it will reach the majority of the Masses and things will change for the better or they will have to close down. Had that carbon monoxide detector not gone off. I would not be here writing this letter to you. I would be dead and not one thing would change.
- Shane, Utah

2021-06-13 2016 Forest River Berkshire 34QS View Listings

Love this floor plan. The dinette and sofa are across from each other and up front by driver and passenger seats so great when entertaining guests. Great having stackable W/D. Love the full length dresser in bedroom and extra large closet as well as the King size bed. Living area is very spacious. We are able to put a coffee table infront of sofa, a footstool in front of one of the chairs and a small end table next between the drivers seat and sofa and still have plenty of room to walk around and makes it very homey. Also we like having the large windows over dining table (the later models have a TV between two small windows over dinette) and the sofa areas. Extra large stainless steel sink in kitchen is really nice and the residential Refrigerator with icemaker is a plus. Cons is the Atwood hot water system as we have to run and waste alot of water before we get hot water. Weve had to replace the low flow faucets with faster flowing faucets to improve the flow of water and get more and faster hot water when showering. Another con is the window next to co-pilot (passenger) seat. It is designed so there is a bar at passenger eye level so unless you're very tall you can not get a good view out the window. This coach drives nice and tows our Honda CRV AWD with no problem. We did replace the Michelin tires that came on the coach with Toyo tires and the ride seems even smoother. This coach is perfect for two people. Although the sofa and dinette make into beds it really would be a hassle to do that every night. So we recommend this as being the perfect travel coach for a couple with no kids. Plenty of room if you have a dog. And we find that we have tons and tons of storage inside and outside. We dont even use all the storage inside. We love this coach. It's only a 340HP but as long as we are not overloaded we have no issues with power even whiling towing. We get close to 10 mph which is great and we use diesel 2 fuel. We enjoy this coach.
- JOSE L, California

2021-06-12 2019 Newmar Dutch Star 4369 View Listings

With a full super slide of one side and two slides on the left side you have lots of room. I'm 6'5 and I feel very comfortable in this unit. Having any problems with this unit and with the extended warranty we have a piece of mine also with it. It has all the bells and whistles that you could ever want. Very fun to drive also.
- Joseph W Gustin, Michigan

2021-06-08 2016 Entegra Coach Anthem 44B View Listings

We have loved and been very proud of our Entegra Anthem. The best we have had yet. We have enjoyed every thing about it (looks, comfort, quality and company support) so much that we are upgrading to an Entegra Anthem 2022.
- Paul Peeples, Colorado

2021-06-07 2018 Coachmen Sportscoach 360DL View Listings

I have been very pleased with the purchase of the Motorcoach. No issues. The Motorcoach drives nicely after owning a gas 34 foot. The Motorcoach is large inside, laid out nicely with the L shaped couch. A very nice Motorcoach.
- Kelly Camp, Tennessee

2021-06-05 2011 Forest River Berkshire 360FWS View Listings

This a great driving great riding RV. If ever drive or ride in one you will not go back to the others. We tow a Jeep and you don’t even know it back there and it gets pretty much the same miles per gallon
- Terry, North Carolina

2021-06-05 2007 Tiffin Phaeton 40QDH View Listings

Top quality motorhome. Tiffin Motorhomes perform customer service like no other company. Technicians are only a phone call away. Our experience with our choice to "Go Tiffin" has truly been an exceptional experience. The Air suspension ride is smooth and a real joy to drive. Performance is great. Tiffin is the only motorhome I would buy.
- Patty Means, Arizona

2021-06-04 2005 Monaco Dynasty 42 Diamond IV View Listings

Recently test drove a Dynasty 42'2005 diesel motorhome and loved it.The ride was amazing not to mention the beauty.I am disabled and can never see myself being able to afford it but what a thrill. If I had the 94,000 it would be on the road with my wife and myself.Enjoy guys you are only here a short time.
- Charles Craig Cruthirds, Arizona

2021-06-03 2018 Fleetwood Discovery LXE 38K View Listings

Awesome Motor Home, great for towing a vehicle, diesel engine, low mileage very reliable and fun too! RV in excellent condition and all maintenance is up to date on the unit! Pics coming soon! Must see fully opened up to appreciate it.
- Michael Bernard Powell, Arizona

2021-05-30 2002 Foretravel Motorcoach Unicoach 3620U295 View Listings

SCAM ALERT. This dealer's address in Plymouth, Mass does not exist!! Same ad for same dealer in Omaha Nebraska does exist. Same dealer same ad same address but in two different cities. Check out: National Vehicles at 4819 South 107 Ave in Plymouth, MA, and National Vehicle at 4819 South 107 Ave in Omaha Nebraska. Mass license plate 4513E does show Mass registration of 2002 Foretravel. DON't send any money!
- Vernon Finch, British Columbia

2021-05-29 2006 Beaver Monterey Ventura IV View Listings

Beaver was a premium brand owned by Monaco. The build quality was as exceptional. Only the highest quality components were used leading to very high level of reliability. Mechanical components continue to be well supported by the respective manufacturers. 2006 vehicles escaped the tightened emission standards requiring use of DEF to burn off hydrocarbons. This simpler system is much more reliable, escaping the dreaded DEF HEAD failures and added cost of DEF consumption. CAT was a premier manufacturer of diesel road vehicle engines, but exited the market due to significant technical challenges in reliably meeting the tightened emission requirements.
- JOHN ROSS, Pennsylvania

2021-05-25 2018 Tiffin Allegro Bus 45OPP View Listings

The Tiffin brand is one of the most respected brands in the class A motorhome circles. Their tech support is outstanding and very easy to work with. The Allegro Bus quality rivals coaches twice the cost. Everything from the quality of the cabinets to the cargo doors is excellent. No flimsy materials used. The tag axle makes this coach very easy to drive and handles the wind exceptionally. The floor plan is very comfortable and the heated floors are a huge plus. The floor plan is open and feels like a home. There is storage everywhere and it is more than enough to hold what you need for a long stay. The cargo area has pull out trays that make access to your stuff easy. I love the 4 TV’s in the coach. Finally, the power glide chassis is fantastic on good roads and wow does it handle the rough roads well. Tiffin makes a beautiful bus and I am proud to have owned two so far.
- William Brown, Oklahoma

2021-05-25 2013 Fleetwood Discovery 40E View Listings

Especially like the towing capacity of the Cummins 380 engine and cold dash air. Great floor plan for our family. The fit and finish is above par with todays new coaches and the turning radius by far surpasses other coaches I’ve driven.
- Bill Elrod, Arkansas

2021-05-24 2010 Winnebago Via 25R View Listings

I had trouble with the slide out room since I first got it in 2010. I tried to file a lemon law, but my lawyer said I could not. I had the back motor replaced five years ago; and this past year, the front motor needed to be replaced. Winnebago does not make this motor anymore. My mechanic fixed the motor, but the gear pack and timing, etc would not allow me to extend the slide (unless I go to the default and have help pushing it out). So, at this time, I am camping with the slide room permanently in, which means that I cannot bring down the loft above the driver's seat. I can open my refrigerator to a 45 degree angle. Fortunately I replaced my fridge with one with a separate freezer; otherwise, I would not be able to use the freezer. I am planning to trade it in at the end of this year; and will have to take a major loss on account of the slide room issue. I am desperately trying to find the parts at RV graveyards. My Mercedes engine and Dodge Sprinter chassis run "like butter". I have kept everything sparkling clean. I have stored the original carpet for the purpose of re-selling it; however, since the slide room won't extend, the carpet is useless. I have loved this floorpan (VIA 25R) because the bed was over the wheel base, and there was only one TV. So perfect when I took my grandchildren camping. But apparently, the VIA was discontinued on account of the problems with the slide out mechanism. Why did they not recall the motorhome when they knew it had a problem? I have a record of all of the times I have had the slide out room "fixed". Another problem is the location of the battery. The first time I took it on a trip, it wound up in the shop in the Dodge dealer in Orlando for two weeks. They thought it was a computer problem, but they discovered that some metal was touching the battery. I had to rent a car and drive 500 miles back home. In the meantime, someone broke in to it, stole my bicycle and tried to take the TV. It was a nightmare. This was the same trip that the slide out room would not go in. My mechanic said he could fix it with any gear pack from a class C Winnebago. Still looking and still hoping, and still planning to trade it in by the end of this year.
- Ava Rich, Florida

2021-05-24 2011 Winnebago Journey 34Y View Listings

Winnebago Journey is a well made Diesel Pusher with high quality seating and excellent fit and finish. Cabinetry is well made and has held up very well in our 10 year coach. This coach handles well on mountain roads and the comfort is excellent.
- bonnie, Florida

2021-05-23 2017 Newmar Dutch Star 4018 View Listings

We absolutely love our Dutch Star! The Comfort Steer makes it so easy to drive and the quality is top notch! We also love the emergency exit in the bathroom as well as the tag axle on the 40 footer.
- Marti Shoenfelt, Ohio

2021-05-23 2008 Monaco Cayman XL 35SBD View Listings

The Cumming 340 engineer is a beast. Love that no DEF is need. The door at the front allows for a lot of space in the rear. Two slide outs provide ample room. The bathroom is efficient, love the full sized shower. We purchased a used unit in Aug. 2017 drove it over many mountains with out any trouble. My father law joined us with is 38’ 2016 Allegro bus, we had equal their power. Anyone considering purchase of one of these Monaco rigs should be aware of the fact that Monaco went bankrupt in 2009 so documentation is hard to come by you can still order parts online.
- Matt Branagh, California

2021-05-23 2006 Fleetwood Excursion 39L View Listings

Let Me See Again I need photos and caption????? We viewed multiple RV's but were not ready to make a purchase. Can Ii get a little open photography on this type of make and model maybe??? Thank You So Much!!!
- Lisa Marie Stahla, West Virginia

2021-05-23 1978 GMC GMC RTS III View Listings

Had a chance to check out this bus conversion and was very impressed with the style and livability. Lots of space and a huge back bed. Larger then a king. I was unable to purchase due to an unforeseen expense but whomever grabs it will be a happy owner.
- Andy Vokman, California

2021-05-20 2016 Monaco Diplomat 43DFT View Listings

We had many breakdowns with this model. Poor workmanship in the woodwork. Underneath chassis was not under coated and had rust when we bought it. Many lose wires thru out the coach. It was a nightmare. Worst investment I’ve ever made
- Brian Wyche, Florida

2021-05-18 2011 Coachmen Sportscoach 390TS View Listings

It has all the bells and whistles of the motorhomes 2X the price and quality built and design. It Sleeps 8 comfortably and great rig overall. I wish I purchased the navigation when I bought it and swapped out the carpet for all tiles, as a recommendation.
- Joseph, California

2021-05-18 2014 American Coach American Heritage 45T View Listings

Like driving your living room down the road. Really is the top of the line. Better than my past Marathon Liberty and Neoplan. Been RV'n for 40 years and this was definitely worth the wait. Paint is excellent.
- wayne, Louisiana

2021-05-18 2017 Newmar Ventana 3436 View Listings

Perhaps the biggest obstacle for my husband and I was the fact that we are both quite tall. Therefore the queen bed was too small for us as was the dinette legroom. He loved driving the rig. Very comfortable. The storage was great.
- Robin , Florida

2021-05-16 2016 Newmar Ventana 4369 View Listings

The Ventana 4369 is the 2nd Newmar Diesel Pusher we've owned. Every aspect of owning a Newmar is great. In almost 4 years, we've never had the coach in the shop for anything except maintenance service. The questions we have had are always welcome from the factory in Nappanee and they always are correct. Pulling into new places where other Newmar owners are there is like seeing old friends. When we get ready for a smaller motorhome, we'll get another Newmar.
- Lisa M Leonard, Arizona

2021-05-15 2008 Beaver Patriot Thunder Princeton IV View Listings

My wife and I contacted Premium Coach Group concerning a 2008 Beaver Marquis. These people represented the Coach as having only 71,740 original miles. On our test drive with the principal, I noticed that the SPEEDOMETER wasn’t registering. The principal of Premium Coach Group was driving, and he pointed out that he could read the SPEED on it’s Aladdin. He continued to advertise the Coach as having 71,740 miles ... as though the ODOMETER was still operational ... when he knew that to be untrue. Once we paid him and drove the Coach almost 2,000 miles to our home ... it still registered 71,740 miles!!! Even on the title, he certified to the state that the coach had 71,740 original miles. Additionally ... to defraud the state of Arizona out of sales tax, he paid a driver to drive us in Premium’s company car ... across the border into California and once there, had a notary in a small town certify that delivery was made there!!! In fact ... the Coach never left Premium Coach Group’s facility in Gilbert, Arizona. The driver informed us that Premium paid him 3 or 4 times a month to drive clients into other states, to falsify delivery claims. We were not aware, until we pulled up in the notary’s parking lot (he parked where the car couldn’t be seen) that the notary wouldn’t come out to verify that the RV wasn’t there. Premium also told us that they’d just put all new batteries in the until. That was untrue. Some batteries are DEAD. THE OLD ADDAGE ... “BUYER BEWARE” certainly would be appropriate here. Premium has refused to refund our money and pick up the Coach, which was purchased based upon their ads, documentation, and verbal representations. The principal tells us he doesn’t have the money, doesn’t have a dealer’s “floor plan”, and claims that he can’t borrow the money from a bank. If we had a unit to sell ... we’d be concerned about consigning our Coach to this organization ... for fear of getting dragged into a “law suit“ caused by his misrepresentations. With thousands of RV DEALERS to choose from ... BUYER BEWARE .... and .... SELLER BEWARE!!!!!!!!
- Roger Hicks, Alabama