Class A - Diesel Reviews on RV Insider (1,729)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Class A - Diesel RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Shane from Utah says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2015 Fleetwood Discovery 37R View Listings

HORRIBLE! DONT BUY ONE. I bought a brand new 37r from my local dealer. From day one I have had nothing but problems with it. Sure it had some little quirks with it like every Motorhome will. I know you are rolling down the road shaking the pieces out of these things, but this went way deeper than that. We had a smell coming inside the coach that smelled like engine burning, or exhaust or something from the engine compartment. When we drove it, it would give us bad headaches and make us a little nauseous. I took it in to the dealer and they could not find anything. I took another trip and same things happened. So back to the dealer. ( mind you it has now been in the shop about 15 times) they found about 30 cracks, holes, areas where the wood was not tight or where things did not align up properly so they foamed it all with expanding spray foam. They went overboard. I removed the wood cover over my water heater. All the water lines were now encased in foam. Half of my water heater was covered in foam. That's what the manufacture told the dealer to do. Guess what, it did not solve the problem. Back and forth to the dealer countless times. Finally fleetwood said we will bring it back to the manufacture and work on it. So they did. Put another 3000 miles on the coach and spent three weeks back there. I now have 11,000 miles on the coach and have only taken 5 trips in it. They said they tore out the whole master bedroom and replaced the floor. They drove it back out to me and said it was all fixed.... (Wrong). Still did the very same thing. I was pissed. Let me point out at this point, this is just one items I have been dealing with. There are countless other things going wrong with the coach simultaneously. Just to name a few. First trip out it started raining, the wipers would not work. But when it quit raining they would work again. I finally fiqured out that water from the road was coming up over the wheel well and into the electrical panel compartment behind the wheel well and shorting out the wipers. Many hours later and countless tubes of caulking that one was fixed. I had door frames falling apart from the ceiling so doors would not close, I had no heat out of the front dashboard. I had no heat in the master bedroom or bathroom (found out they smashed the duct work when installed. ) I had outlets pulling out of the walls. I had very low hot water pressure and they could not tell me why. They just said that is normal. (So normal I could not shower because the water would just trickle down the shower faucet, right. ) Again after many trips and many hours they found it had a bad water mixing valve. (Can you say LEMON). Oh no don't say it yet. It gets worse...... On top of about 20 other things going wrong with the inside of the coach. I decide to go to Vegas. I get two hours down the road, the whole time I could smell a very strong smell and it continued getting worse. I finally considered turning around because my wife was now on the couch sick as a dog, massive headache and I myself was nauseous and also had a headache when I had someone signal to me to pull over. When I did I went outside to the engine compartment and I had diesel fuel pouring out on the ground and had been spraying my tow vehicle for the last two hours. Everything was covered. I called the manufacture and they told me to tow it to the nearest dealer and have it fixed. End of vacation again. It spent yet another week in the shop to find out that the fuel injector on cylinder number 1 had broken off. And of coarse it was a recalled part but they don't feel it is important to warn people about it. They will just fix it as they break. Amazing... Anyway. Back to the next and final trip in this Motorhome for me. I went up to see our daughter in Another state, and spent the first night there and on the second night at 1:30 am the carbon monoxide detector goes off. It scares the living crap out of me. I get up and feel sick and a little dizzy. I open up the windows and door to air it out. Finally after about ten minutes the alarm quits chirping. I was so mad at this point I knew I was done. The next day I went in to a dealership where I was at and found a new coach that I really liked. It is a tiffin 40 qbh. Have heard nothing but fabulous things about the quality of tiffin and the support you get. I traded in my old Fleetwood and drove home in the new coach. What a difference to finally be in a unit that is quality built. I would like you to note that all through this process I was in contact with the manufacture and not once did they say, hey I am real sorry, I think you might of got a lemon, let's replace it with another coach. Not once did they offer to help out with expenses incurred from all the mishaps. I spent 200,000 on the coach and have made payments of 2000.00 a month for a year now. That's 24,000 dollars plus the loss of the trade in because fleetwood would drag their feet and not do anything for me I lost another 40,000 in the trade. So I have lost over 64,000 dollars on a coach I have not been able to take out once without some major problems that ruined each trip. I finally called fleetwood and told them that I traded in the old 37r and bought a different brand and they seemed to care less. I know I am just one person to many millions of buyers for them. And I am sure they are happy to have me gone. But with the use of media like it is today. My one review will hopefully affect thousands as they consider what to buy when it comes to a new rv. Fleetwood should be excluded from your list. There is no customer service!!! I fully expected fleetwood to stand up for what they sell, I had a very bad unit, I expected fleetwood to buy it back from me and let me chose another coach. At the time I would have been happy to just swap it out with another new coach. But they chose not to go that route. Instead they would just keep blowing me off until I would go away. Well they got part of it right. I went away but I am not gone. I will forever more tell people at every rally I go to and every person I see and talk to about rv's the experiences that I had with fleetwood. I am not a vindictive person but if that is the way they are going to treat their customers then I want people to know about it. It's never to late to make this right Fleetwood........just saying P.s. I keep thinking of things that were wrong with the unit. There were so many things that I start to forget them over time...I wished I could add pictures to this review. Pictures are worth a thousand words and they would speak volumes for this coach. Some of each of these things contributed to a ruined vacation every single time we went out. And mind you at a cost of many thousands of dollars with time off work, time in shops getting things fixed, non refundable helicopter trips to the bottom of the Grand Canyon that you missed because your Motorhome is sitting on the side of the freeway broken down again....it's not worth it. No hot water could not shower whole trip (several trips. Kept saying it was fixed when it was not) Water mixing valve inop Outlets falling out of place No heat on dashboard Water into electrical panel compartment Electric cord reel broken. Would not stop winding up. Front rock guard peeling off Fuel injector broken off ( engine about to catch fire) Wipers not working Outside compartment doors flying open during travel on freeway (scary) Kinked power steering hose ( from the manufacture) Squeaky brakes since ownership Delaminated windshield Faulty water heater fuel valve Leaky pipes at water heater Smell from engine compartment Cracks, holes, openings for smell to come through Sun bleached led lighting on front of coach Smokey generator Air leak in man door and one window (air whistling while driving) Steering wheel cover latch broken Microwave squeaking so loud. Had fixed at factory. Came back worse No heat into bedroom and bathroom (smashed duct work ) No heat under dash on drivers side Bathroom window seal came apart. Would not seal. Forgot to fix at factory I know there are more things I just can not remember them at this moment. Do yourself a favor and take it from someone who has learned the hard way. Don't do it. Save yourself the pain and agony and your hard earned dollars and do some research. You will come up with a better solution. My question is why do companies act this way.....it used to be because they can.. But not anymore. I have seen social media close companies down. That's not my intent here but I would like to see something done. And if word continues to spread it will reach the majority of the Masses and things will change for the better or they will have to close down. Had that carbon monoxide detector not gone off. I would not be here writing this letter to you. I would be dead and not one thing would change.
- Shane, Utah

2020-09-21 2002 Newmar Kountry Aire Kountry Koach View Listings

Great Bus for first timers in a pusher or a veteran driver. Its a great Bus and we have traveled all over the Us in it and love it. Please call or email with any questions you have. Lots of power for the mountains and easy to drive. Love this Bus.
- mike@mezrah.com, Florida

2020-09-20 2014 Thor Motor Coach Tuscany XTE 40GQ View Listings

We have used this Thor Tuscany XTE for 5 years and have loved every minute of it. Our goal was to see all the 50 states and we have traveled to almost all of them with hardly any trouble in this motorhome. We bought it new and of course had to go the the factory to have a few warranty issues taken care of and the factory treated us like family. I cannot complain about the motorhome purchase or the motorhome service center. We are very happy customers. The best part of owning this coach used is that it has been very well taken care of and all the issues that could come up have all been resolved. So purchasing it used has it's benefits believe me.
- Daniel Parris, Florida

2020-09-20 2014 Entegra Coach Aspire 44U View Listings

The quality of construction, luxurious cabin and driver/user friendly options makes Entegra one of the best rated RV’s on the market. The 44U floor plan was perfect for us to full-time in, and the 3 heat pumps with heated basement and floors make it a 4 season coach for any climate. If you want all of the conveniences of home while on the road, this is the way to go!
- Megan, Kentucky

2020-09-17 2006 Damon Astoria 3595 View Listings

We bought the RV to see if we would like to travel in a RV and set up for a few weeks at a time. Turns out we love it. There is only the wife and I and occasionally the grandkid. It sleeps five comfortably. It has a super slide and levels easily with the auto levelers. The unit has two TVs (front and rear bedroom). I replaced the RV queen mattress with a REGFULAR size queen--got tired of my feet hanging out at the bottom. I bought an extended warranty and if you read the number of new parts--it was well worth the extra money. We are looking to upgrade to a newer, NOT brand new unit with 3 slides or 4. I am retiring again and we will travel more. We did NOT smoke or live in the RV. It did come in handy when we lost electricity at our house for an extended period due to severe storms. I have always kept it under cover or inside when not in use. All the maitenance records are available from CRABTREE RV and Levis Diesel since I have owned this unit.
- Ken Goodleaf, Arkansas

2020-09-16 2003 Monaco Diplomat 38PST View Listings

It is a well built MH with features that are still in new luxury units, like diesel engine but no DEF needed. 7.5 Kw Onan genset. 100 gallons of water and large holding tanks. Heat pump, microwave convection oven, hydraulic jacks etc. It is simpler than new units. No Def, guages that are guages and not a video screen, lots of windows that open and allow natural ventilation along with window awnings over all side windows. The electronics are still simple to use and fix. Gas/electric frig and water heater making it great for dry camping. Wide hallways when pushed in and you can still cook and do anything camping in a parking lot that you can do pushed out in campground except plugging in, but with the windows open and 4 batteries or running the furnace over night you will do fine without plugging in. It is easy to update with LED lighting and HD compatible satellite domes. Meanwhile the aluminum exterior is incredible for its longevity. Woodwork is also great. It is just one of those old goodies.
- Bob, Minnesota

2020-09-16 2000 Country Coach Allure Deschutes View Listings

This coach has served us well. The only discouraging factor is that the company has closed. It is now serviced by Winnabago. It has so much storage inside and in bays. Love the bathroom as the shower is separate. Comfortable for women to drive. Most of our driving was on interstate.
- Linda Fenton, Vermont

2020-09-16 2007 Winnebago Vectra 40TD View Listings

This has been the best RV motorhome that I have ever owned. It is one of the most spacious 40 feet motorhomes on the market. The MH has two very large slide outs. It has also had several upgrades (LED lighting (inside and out), satellite dish, TVs, etc.). Incredible amount of storage. It is also fun to drive. A lot of power in the 400 HP diesel engine and the fuel milage is pretty good (avg. 7 mpg). For a full-timer this is the vehicle to have.
- Anthony DuBose, New Mexico

2020-09-15 2014 Newmar Ventana 3634 View Listings

The Ventana is your on-ramp to comfort and convenience that only a Newmar diesel coach can deliver. I cannot tell you what a joy it is to drive this unit. We owned Winnebago before and Newmar's exclusive Comfort Drive TM makes all the difference. If you haven't experienced this before I encourage you to try it out at a Newmar dealer near you, then come talk to us about purchase of our remarkable coach. Loaded with all the features like the Oasis Hydronic water heating system with instant and never ending hot water, complimented with solar panels and inverter, complete with an Onan 8.0kW gen set. Especially equipped with four distinct TVs and sound bar systems for the ultimate in entertainment you will move effortlessly from the kitchen area to the outdoor BBQ space equipped with its' own entertainment center built into the exterior side of the coach. In addition, we added a fireplace for an additional heat source and ambience. Just put in a new Blue-Ray player and converted tv chairs into a sleeper couch.
- Richard Wilson, Washington

2020-09-14 2003 Monaco Diplomat 38PST View Listings

The '03 Monaco Diplomat was made with old school quality. It has all the big features you want, like Cummins 330 Diesel no DEF! 7.5 Onan diesel Genset, 100 gal of water, large holding tanks, gas/electric appliances. What never gets talked about is the beautiful amount of windows and the awnings that extend to shade windows for long sunlit stays south. The fresh air that comes with all the windows open is not found in the newer mhomes. Aluminum roof and great gelcoat. For the price and quality it is a bargain against newer poorer quality units.
- bob@herdstar.com, Minnesota

2020-09-14 2019 American Coach American Dream 42T View Listings

I have been calling the Rev service center about a problem with my coach. I took it in on July 20th and they could not fix it. They said they would call after that had a fix . I called several times and they want call me back. This is the most unresponsive company that I have every bought some from.
- Raymond Henagan, Texas

2020-09-14 2017 Newmar Dutch Star 3724 View Listings

We are essentially full-time RVers, and this is our first coach. We are continually impressed with not only the quality of the coach, but also the many safety, comfort, and convenience features that have been designed into the vehicle. No accidents. Professionally maintained. An excellent value.
- Richard Johnson, Arizona

2020-09-13 1999 Monaco Diplomat 38A View Listings

Monaco has an excellent reputation for dependability, luxury, and overall quality workmanship. We have enjoyed the motor home and had very few issues during the time that we owned it- over 10 years. We hate to depart with it, but we are purchasing a smaller new motor home so that I can, also, drive it. It handles extremely well and gets approx 12 miles to the gallon. We highly recommend the Monaco motor homes!!
- Judy Braund, Wisconsin

2020-09-11 2019 Tiffin Allegro Red 37PA View Listings

After much research I chose a Tiffin class A. I was sadly mistaken with the enchanted theory that Tiffin is a GOOD quality rv. In less than a year the passenger side of RV has begun to separate permitting water to leak in. Tiffin's opinion, re chalking should have occurred. Wrong, their warranty with dealer concurring warranties this for 90day beyond that it is maintenance. So an RV B Young TV accepted from tiffin was not confirmed as being of quality and I the Consumer who opted for to not climb on roof during walk through delivary after dealer assured me it was dangerous to climb on roof and they inspected in my be half. Warning, DONT trust dealer OR Tiffin. Next falling ap part inside of 9 months, rig has flooded three ti.es when topping off water. This also contributed to rusting of basement area. A couple was broken in wall. Electrical short blowing out front windshield fan and nearly catching fire. Thank you Tiffin for the fire extingquisher. Toilet flap broken, no part available. Freezer stopped working and whirlpool kindly pointed out if e print, WARRANTY VOID if installed in rv! Radio/map shorted 6 ti.es, again we r becoming very proficient in th at extingquisher. LP gauge leaking gas. Carpet began to streak loosing color. Left side camera wont stop flipping, apparently this is described as NOormal. Apparently learning to track flipping views on a screen is possibly a skill to include in rv driving training. Smart TVs are not so smart, one out of 4 can't connect to internet, one can connect to Hopper, motion satelite lasts 5 min or less, internet boost does absolute NOTHING. Dealer unable to repair any time sooner that 4 to 8 months each event. Odd they r considered a front runner for TIFFIN. Attention to the word Run is the only relevancy. Shame on you Tiffin for implying you sell a quality RV. Your so called manager Reps match your false claims of family owned quality rv, consideration, conscientious rv builders, blah, blah, blah, try actually providing 1/100 of your claim for starters.
- Margaret Browning, Washington

2020-09-10 2015 Fleetwood Expedition 40X View Listings

This Motorhome is an absolute dream!!... even walking up to it you can’t but help notice the beautiful paint and clean lines... it is a very large unit but is so very easily set up when you get to where you’re going.... very spacious inside with plenty of room for the family. It literally is like a small home away from home.. the kitchen has everything you would possibly need... hard surface counters for ease of cleaning and stainless steel appliances.... the seating in the lounge area is so very comfortable and relaxing... making watching the television a dream. The bathroom has ample room and the shower is very nice.... especially in the morning with the sky light in the shower.... the bedroom is so very cozy and so comfortable... easy enough to fall asleep watching an old movie..... even though it’s such a large unit.... very easy to maneuver and park with all the camaras to help you.... this is definitely a castle away from home to be enjoyed for many years.... and truly nothing better to travel in considering everything that going on.... your very own CLEAN environment!!!... no need to worry about if the room has been disinfected properly.... a really nice piece of mind!!!!.... outside the u it is very nice with canopy opened for shade.... truly making travel both effortless and safe....a dream vacation is just down the road!!!
- Scott Greve, Michigan

2020-09-10 2013 Thor Motor Coach Tuscany 40FX View Listings

We loved having 1.5 baths. Comfort of being able to stay most any place without being in a park. So many features making it a comfort with a fireplace on chilly days just like being home. Beat way to travel if you love traveling in your home.
- Catherine , Texas

2020-09-08 1989 Bluebird Wanderlodge 3907WB View Listings

The Bluebird Wanderlodge is an exceptionally well-built Coach with all the amenities an owner would need. The fit and finish is better than expected and it drives exceptionally well; quite, powerful, and responsive. The air brakes stop it well expectations and the engine actually accelerated the 20T rig up a mountain pass. Most importantly, my wife feels very safe and secure in the coach as we tour. Given the Bluebird impeccable safety history record, you cannot ignore the brand as a top contender coach. We are very satisfied knowing our coach will last for many miles (and owners) in the future!
- Hank, Ohio

2020-09-07 2017 Newmar Dutch Star 3724 View Listings

A great designed and well built Motorhome with plenty of storage, The Dutchstar 3724 model has some great features. It has one LARGE two sink bathroom, a 27 x 69 pantry with six slide out shelves and a king size bed with a good sized wardrobe with shoe shelving. Very maneuverable and comfortable to drive. I do most of the driving myself!
- Rosemary , Michigan

2020-09-06 2008 American Coach American Eagle 42F View Listings

This is a wonderful coach. We love the build quality, and the layout. We have been in weather from 15F to 112F, coach performed good. The heated floors and Aqua-Hot are great. Warm floors for the feet, and unlimited hot water for showers.
- Glenn R, Texas

2020-09-03 2008 Monaco Dynasty Nottingham View Listings

Glamping at it's finest. Built to last, often mistaken for new. Between the interior comforts and superior design you can go unhooked comfortably or hangout plugged in wherever the road goes. Tons of storage in and below, huge black and gray tanks, fuel tank gets you half way across country. Great refrigerator, convection oven, propane cooktop, huge tank. Select Comfort King bed, fantastic sleeping pull out. Tires, batteries, engine, chassis, Aqua Hot, and generator service all fresh. 3 new A/C/Heat Pumps. Many extras. 1 year Warranty.
- Cs_nelms, Arizona

2020-09-02 2020 Coachmen Sportscoach 403QS View Listings

Our coach has one of the best layouts that I have seen in the Class A category. The room inside, the quality and layout is just awesome and for a diesel pusher it is one of the best priced in the Class A category. I can not speak enough about the true factory support I received with questions and how fast they respond. Highly recommend if anyone is looking for a Class A to look at them. My 403QS is the nicest and best priced combination you will find. They have a customer for life with me.
- Rob V, New Jersey

2020-09-02 2001 Safari Zanzibar 3896 View Listings

The Safari Zanzibar was a perfect motorhome for a small family. I've vacationed with it & lived in it and in both situations it was more space than we needed! Towed a car behind it for thousands of miles without even noticing a difference in performance. High quality interior with a full fridge/freezer combo. Only upgrade I didn't do that I wanted to was to add an oven! Huge LP tank, big fresh/black/grey tanks. That Cat engine will run forever!
- Nick, Texas

2020-09-01 2007 Fleetwood Discovery 40X View Listings

I loved living in my home away from home. It has as much space as the home I grew up as a child. Remember one trip to the keys, we did many of those. Being that I'm a scuba instr. Stayed at point of view key largo. We checked out Hilton as well as the Marriott. Our accommodation were far better than either. And we slept in our own bed. No bed bugs! R/V is only way to travel!!!
- Ken Kirby, Tennessee

2020-09-01 2015 Winnebago Ellipse 42QD View Listings

This unit is great to drive, easy to handle and park. Handle great on windy days. Easy to set up utilities when parking. Satellite dish is Directv and will handle the whole house system. Love this coach
- Allen Rodrigue, Florida

2020-09-01 2013 Newmar Dutch Star 4338 View Listings

$15,000 in non warranty repairs from 7500 miles to 15000 miles. All Freightliner issues, bought out of factory warranty, did not realize many Freightliner repair locations give you the middle finger and will not work with any after sale warranty company regardless of which one. The house systems and interior is good quality, Freightliner is happy to leave you abandoned in remote areas and not let you pick up parts from their regional centers. I have owned many RV types, all price ranges from 5,000 to 400,000 and the gas powered inexpensive have been most reliable. Yes the Newmar is quiet, driving it is only quiet on smooth roads, it rattles and squeaks like a cheap gas coach on bumpy roads. I would never own another Freightliner RV.
- ken aduddell, Washington