Class A - Diesel Reviews on RV Insider (1,648)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Class A - Diesel RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Chase Herbig from Florida says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2016 Newmar King Aire 4503 View Listings

Purchased a King Air. Had a problem with the wall slide as it was not level. It was like walking on the side of a hill. Newmar knew they had the problems but sent them to the dealer with the defect. The dealer I also believe knew about the defect. Also the wall slide had a large dent from the inside out. Somehow I over looked it when I purchased but noticed it when I picked up the RV. Newmar service manager told me to bring the rv in and they would adjust the wall slide once they get the parts in from a vendor. This took a month. I refused to drive the RV to dealer since it was a 10 hour round trip then the same to pick up. Newmar manager said they would split the fuel. I was shocked. I refused and after I got my wife involved he agreed. He sent a driver to pick up the RV and returned it but they were suppose to repair the dent at the same time. They didn't stating they didn't have the time so I told The Newmar manager to keep it another week. Didn't hear back from him but the driver called and said he's on the way to deliver my RV. I was surprised that the dent was not going to be repaired but I told them that he would need to return the RV for repairs at his cost. When I got the RV back a few items that I gave the dealer to repair were not done and they destroyed my screen door and scratched up my stainless interior door panel. I later contacted Newmar service manager and told him that he needed to have the RV Ickes up to have the Dent repaired and the other screw up. He said it would be at my cost. Unbelievable,, after fighting thru this he agreed to pay for half the fuel cost. I was in absolute disbelief that this guy is asking me to not only return the RV to the dealer but was negotiating fuel cost. Are we talking about $100 at best. I owned one Essex my first RV then went into owning three preowned Prevosts. I honestly believed that I would get not only a superior RV but the best manufacture and dealer service. To the contrary I was in such disbelief that I sold the RV after owning about 4 months. I was concerned that if Newmar would treat us like they did after just paying over $700,000 for a King Aire what's it going to be like if I had another problem. Newmar knew of the defective wall slide as The service manager told me that they could fix in the field and had to have the vendor make the part for the fix. I have told my story to many many friend that RV and they have stayed away from Newmar. Be careful reading all of these great reviews. Many are staged. RVers need to look at for each other. The manufactures are not regulated like the vehicle manufactures. They dealt with me in bad faith and consumers need to be aware. RVT. Please publish.
- Chase Herbig , Florida

2020-07-09 2008 Beaver Contessa Westport View Listings

I love the way that it rides, the air suspension is so smooth,. It's also great for self-leveling. I have owned one of these for the last two years. There's three cameras that make driving a lot easier.
- Bernie j Urbanek, Utah

2020-07-08 2010 Fleetwood Discovery 40X View Listings

It's been great. When we first got it it had a few issues we took care of because of age. A beautiful high end motor home.Well thought out by the engineer and well decorated. We have had motor homes in the past but this is the best one we have had.
- Steve Corcoran, Ohio

2020-07-08 2011 Winnebago Tour 42QD View Listings

This rig is amazing! The ride is smooth and the 450hp takes mountain roads and passes like nothing. Winnebago service is always available to answer any questions and if they do not know, they give you a number to call for that item that was installed. Wow! As for the floor plan it is like having a home. Will stay with Winnebago to downsize
- Dave Bowers, Virginia

2020-07-08 2001 Safari Zanzibar 3896 View Listings

Very happy with the Safari. Still a good motor home after all these years. Lots of power in the diesel engine runs great, comfortable floor plan, beautiful wood cabinets, lots of mirrors, top of the line when new.
- James, New York

2020-07-08 2016 Entegra Coach Aspire 42RBQ View Listings

I spent 3 months researching my next coach purchase. Having bought a Phaeton and an Allegro Bus, I wanted to see how the Entegra stood up the the Tiffin Brand. The quality and workmanship is top notch and shows up in every aspect of the coach. The entry level Aspire gives you so much more than other entry level pushers. Once on the road, this coach lives up to the tag line, The Entegra is the quietest, best handling coach on the market. I am definitely a Entegra buyer for life.
- Joe Licciardi, California

2020-07-07 2008 Monaco Dynasty Renaissance IV View Listings

The Monaco product , up until March 2009, was known to be one of the top Manufacturers of High Line Diesel Pushers. The Dynasty level was number three from Monaco’s Top. The Renaissance IV , quad slide , bath and a half was one of their most popular floor plans. Great livability for full time use and plenty of power .
- Bob Cotney, California

2020-07-07 1995 Country Coach Affinity View Listings

We have owned the 1995, 38 ft. Affinity for about 15 years. Yes we have had a few minor problems, but over all it has been a great motor home and we love it. It now has about 125000 miles on it, and I would not hesitate to take on a cross country trip tomorrow. One thing about Country Coach, not only were they great to work with, but so were their suppliers, such as Fantastic Fan.
- William Allen, California

2020-07-04 2013 Tiffin Allegro Bus 36QSP View Listings

This is a comfortable ride for road trips. Good on fuel. Dual Air conditioning is so comfortable and heat if needed. We lived on the road for 3 months. Residential refrigerator/freezer is awesome big The seats are made like pleather , no rip or tares. Marble floors are so easy to clean. And hook ups let you wash and dry your clothes. We put these in brand new last year!
- Gail, California

2020-07-03 2006 Holiday Rambler Neptune 36PDQ View Listings

Size, excellent boondock capabilitys, 4 slides, on road satellite, all the extras make this a perfectly fabulous coach both in terms of comfort and reliability!! Highly upgraded from manufacturer..Never lived in...Never smoked in ..so much more!!!++++++!!!!
- C. A. KUENZLI, Arizona

2020-07-02 2015 Monaco Dynasty 45P View Listings

It was an awesome RV the horse power is amazing the drive the qualities of finish it was the best experience ever after my retirement We traveled all over the country it has everything from heated floors power slide trays it is just the best thing I've ever driven in my life and I am really amazed how great it was
- Steve , California

2020-07-02 2016 Winnebago Via 25P View Listings

This is the Cadillac of RV's for two people and a couple of pets. Can't say enough about the easiest and convenience of set up, ease around town, and also the fuel mileage. also will tow a 4200 lb toad without issue. Just make sure you toad has brakes. this is such a nice ride, upgrade the suspension at sprinter upgrades and you will love it. after 35K miles and two years, we added the struts, shocks, sway bar, and sumos all the way around. The Mercedes dealership in league city texas was impressed with the quality of the equipment and we love the final results. Cant as enough about this ride we love it!@!
- michael Stirrat , Texas

2020-07-01 2010 Tiffin Allegro Bus 40QXP View Listings

We loved this RV. We had never owned a diesel on a freight liner chassis. The ride is incredible and beyond our imagination. We were told it was an easy smooth drive , but this unit is so smooth that you could leave a glass of ice tea on the counter the whole trip and not worry about a spill. I loved the braking system. I love the air ride. I love the electric extras like electric cord reel and electric water hose reel. I also loved the water filtering system. I love the entertainment system. Perhaps my favorite is the instant hot water system Aqua Hot.
- DANIEL LEBLANC, Louisiana

2020-06-28 1998 Newmar Dutch Star 3860 View Listings

Newmar makes a quality coach, they are very helpful if you have any problems, you can call and someone will help directly over the phone. They have all of the parts for the coach, but have found their prices to be on the high side, but they have them. Would recommend a Newmar to anyone looking for a quality diesel pusher-
- scott, Nevada

2020-06-27 2002 Fleetwood Bounder Diesel 39Z View Listings

Have had this coach for 10 years and still going strong. Had some normal RV issues, but overall it's extremely reliable and practical. A lot of comments on forums about the Freightliner XC chassis ride quality. I have figured it out. I am running Toyo's set to their spec pressure, not 110 PSI, I run 85 PSI in the front, huge change in ride quality. Get your coach weighed and pull the tire chart for your tires you might be surprised. Added Tru Center steering control, added rear sway bar, added an updated bellcrank, changed the shocks and added the comfort ride air control values on all four air bags. Ride quality is night and day, goes down the road straight and true. I have put about 30k miles on this coach and hasn't missed a beat. The HP is fine for the power to weight ratio, can keep up with traffic in the mountains towing a mini van and still gets 10 MPG if you run around 60 MPH. Can't beat it.
- John, Alaska

2020-06-27 1996 Monaco Dynasty Baron View Listings

1996 Monaco Dynasty Motorhome . 40 foot long . Cummins diesel engine, 74 k millage. Engine and gear are in excellent condition , body fare condition . There is a new split system air conditioner in salon, new Coleman air conditioner in bedroom. No leaking anywhere . Needs paint job. I am ready to exchange this bus for truck camper, travel trailer, or pickup truck .
- Eugene Kalendar, Pennsylvania

2020-06-26 2015 Winnebago Journey 40R View Listings

The front kitchen is a plus if you like to eat outside and the RV is compartmentalized which is nice! The Living room with the corner huge 60" TV is the largest in the industry with a warm fireplace underneath it that opens up to a bar! The California king bed fits nicely with plenty of storage for clothes etc. The mid ship and rear bath are a perfect size. It seems to me Winnebago thinks of ergonomics during construction in this well laid out floor plan. I upgraded the shocks and steering stabilizer and it made a world of difference going down the road. Really love this RV.
- Joe Tonino, Nevada

2020-06-26 2015 Winnebago Tour 42QD View Listings

The best layout I have seen in Class A's. All the amenities of a house. Storage is unbelievable both inside and down below. Very high quality cabinetry with solid wood construction. Winnebago didn't skimp on the installed appliances, they are all top brands. Fun to drive and great to be in.
- Jane, California

2020-06-25 2003 Winnebago Journey DL 36DL View Listings

Winnebago makes a solid, quality motorhome. We renovated it to fit our lifestyle, and is great for longer trips or full time rving. The floor plan is very comfortable even though the motorhome is 36ft. The shorter motorhome allowed us to stay in all national parks while having everything we wanted or needed. It tows beautifully - we towed either a Honda CRV or a motorcycle trailer. We would definitely buy another Winnebago.
- Jeffrey Juszynski, New Jersey

2020-06-25 2004 Alfa See Ya 36FD View Listings

We absolutely love this motorhome. This is our fourth motorhome and our third class A. This motorhome is superior in every aspect to the prior two we had. We love the space and the well-thought-out layout. It has a super slide in the living room and gives us plenty of space. It has higher ceilings than the average motorhome due to the air conditioner being in the basement. It gives the ceilings room for ceiling fans. We are very happy with this purchase. The amount of storage space is remarkable inside and out. The cabinets and furniture are a good quality. It has a cool side door but the trash may be pulled out from the outside. It has fishing rod holders that are well hidden in the ceiling slide. The sofa bed is very comfortable. It has a real door on the bedroom and not just a curtain or a bifold. The outdoor entertainment center is a nifty idea. There is also a freezer/refrigerator underneath the motorhome to store additional items while traveling. The cons that we have found is the exterior is said to get small pock marks. Our motorhome at current time has very few. It’s not really a concern. The main slide being very large tends have issues due to weight. We have looked into solutions should this happen and a third slide Bracket maybe added in the middle. The particular layout we have has a separate shower from the bathroom… I don’t particularly care for this layout due to stepping out of the shower into the bedroom. It does however give plenty of room in the shower and can accommodate a larger person. The basement air conditioner doesn’t cool to my satisfaction on very hot days. The solution we found was to plug the RV into electric and cool prior to our leaving. It does seem to be pretty well insulated. Overall we gave his motorhome high marks along with adding the diesel power it is perfect for us.
- Pamela McGlothin, Virginia

2020-06-24 2017 Tiffin Allegro Bus 40AP View Listings

This is our fifth Tiffin, compared to our other 5 coaches we really love it. The valid air levelling and manufacture support is second to none. We get lots of compliments on it and it really is a pleasure to drive. We haven’t had any major issues just a few cosmetic things but service center corrected all of them.
- D banks, Manitoba

2020-06-23 2020 Newmar Ventana 4037 View Listings

Bought the RV 4 weeks ago it had a broken window, was told it would be in within a few days. First time taking it out the jacks made a large popping sound when retracting. No working fridge, No AC working, No Working TVs, No working Microwave, No Charge back to the batteries. I took it back to service they looked it over stated they were waiting for Newmar to authorize the warranty work. I bought my new coach from See Grins RV in Gilroy CA. They told me that I would be fine to plug into a campsite plugged into the RV hookup. And again, the unit failed. And nothing worked.I took it back to the dealer and cancelled camp trip. And they said they would get right on it. And again that they were waiting for Newmar to authorize for the repair. Called up and talked to Steve at Newmar customer service and he said " he is getting involved and that the parts would go out next day air and not to worry." Another 3-4 days have gone by contacted the dealer again they stated " They do not have authorization for the parts." Since the customer service agent said he was going to take care of this I can not believe that the miscommunication between the dealer and the manufacturer has been this much of a mess. I talked to Erica my Newmar specialist and she stated that she would call the dealership to make sure they knew that the repair was authorized. My authorization number is 276306 so I do not understand how could a brand new coach that is in the $400,000 range could have these issues? I would think that when they are new that they are tested and make sure they are safe for customer to take them. I consider this a safety violation because there is no charge back from the both house and chassis batteries from the inverter. I'm very disappointed in the service I am receiving and overall the quality of the unit because of the issues I have outlined above.
- Guy Calamia, California

2020-06-23 2016 Coachmen Cross Country 404RB View Listings

Excellent RV. Well designed. Very comfortable to live in and drive. Has higher end amenities that are normally seen in much higher priced coaches. Motor has ample power. Full exterior paint is in excellent condition. Interior has tile flooring. Entertainment system is excellent. Jenson radio with GPS mapping, CD, Backup and side view camera viewer, Bluetooth capable, Sirius XM capable. Has full size residential refrigerator with built in water and ice dispenser.
- Robert Wingate, Virginia

2020-06-20 2018 Winnebago Forza 38F View Listings

This is a top-of-the-line RV that is like NEW! Only 7,600 miles. Well cared for with an all excellent floor plan! Includes 1 1/2 bath, washer/dryer, electric fireplace, 3 TVs. Sleeps 7 adults. Tow vehicle ready! Ready to hit the road!
- Ron Hodges, California

2020-06-20 2020 Newmar Essex 4551 View Listings

The 2020 Essex by Newmar is a great coach. I’ve had Prevost Buses and Newell’s and the bang for the buck is way better on the Essex. Your depreciation in first couple years will darn near pay for the Essex. The Essex is very tight and drives great. With increased price on King Aire it is hard to beat the Essex.
- Bryan , Arizona