Class A - Diesel Reviews on RV Insider (1,781)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Class A - Diesel RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Shane from Utah says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2015 Fleetwood Discovery 37R View Listings

HORRIBLE! DONT BUY ONE. I bought a brand new 37r from my local dealer. From day one I have had nothing but problems with it. Sure it had some little quirks with it like every Motorhome will. I know you are rolling down the road shaking the pieces out of these things, but this went way deeper than that. We had a smell coming inside the coach that smelled like engine burning, or exhaust or something from the engine compartment. When we drove it, it would give us bad headaches and make us a little nauseous. I took it in to the dealer and they could not find anything. I took another trip and same things happened. So back to the dealer. ( mind you it has now been in the shop about 15 times) they found about 30 cracks, holes, areas where the wood was not tight or where things did not align up properly so they foamed it all with expanding spray foam. They went overboard. I removed the wood cover over my water heater. All the water lines were now encased in foam. Half of my water heater was covered in foam. That's what the manufacture told the dealer to do. Guess what, it did not solve the problem. Back and forth to the dealer countless times. Finally fleetwood said we will bring it back to the manufacture and work on it. So they did. Put another 3000 miles on the coach and spent three weeks back there. I now have 11,000 miles on the coach and have only taken 5 trips in it. They said they tore out the whole master bedroom and replaced the floor. They drove it back out to me and said it was all fixed.... (Wrong). Still did the very same thing. I was pissed. Let me point out at this point, this is just one items I have been dealing with. There are countless other things going wrong with the coach simultaneously. Just to name a few. First trip out it started raining, the wipers would not work. But when it quit raining they would work again. I finally fiqured out that water from the road was coming up over the wheel well and into the electrical panel compartment behind the wheel well and shorting out the wipers. Many hours later and countless tubes of caulking that one was fixed. I had door frames falling apart from the ceiling so doors would not close, I had no heat out of the front dashboard. I had no heat in the master bedroom or bathroom (found out they smashed the duct work when installed. ) I had outlets pulling out of the walls. I had very low hot water pressure and they could not tell me why. They just said that is normal. (So normal I could not shower because the water would just trickle down the shower faucet, right. ) Again after many trips and many hours they found it had a bad water mixing valve. (Can you say LEMON). Oh no don't say it yet. It gets worse...... On top of about 20 other things going wrong with the inside of the coach. I decide to go to Vegas. I get two hours down the road, the whole time I could smell a very strong smell and it continued getting worse. I finally considered turning around because my wife was now on the couch sick as a dog, massive headache and I myself was nauseous and also had a headache when I had someone signal to me to pull over. When I did I went outside to the engine compartment and I had diesel fuel pouring out on the ground and had been spraying my tow vehicle for the last two hours. Everything was covered. I called the manufacture and they told me to tow it to the nearest dealer and have it fixed. End of vacation again. It spent yet another week in the shop to find out that the fuel injector on cylinder number 1 had broken off. And of coarse it was a recalled part but they don't feel it is important to warn people about it. They will just fix it as they break. Amazing... Anyway. Back to the next and final trip in this Motorhome for me. I went up to see our daughter in Another state, and spent the first night there and on the second night at 1:30 am the carbon monoxide detector goes off. It scares the living crap out of me. I get up and feel sick and a little dizzy. I open up the windows and door to air it out. Finally after about ten minutes the alarm quits chirping. I was so mad at this point I knew I was done. The next day I went in to a dealership where I was at and found a new coach that I really liked. It is a tiffin 40 qbh. Have heard nothing but fabulous things about the quality of tiffin and the support you get. I traded in my old Fleetwood and drove home in the new coach. What a difference to finally be in a unit that is quality built. I would like you to note that all through this process I was in contact with the manufacture and not once did they say, hey I am real sorry, I think you might of got a lemon, let's replace it with another coach. Not once did they offer to help out with expenses incurred from all the mishaps. I spent 200,000 on the coach and have made payments of 2000.00 a month for a year now. That's 24,000 dollars plus the loss of the trade in because fleetwood would drag their feet and not do anything for me I lost another 40,000 in the trade. So I have lost over 64,000 dollars on a coach I have not been able to take out once without some major problems that ruined each trip. I finally called fleetwood and told them that I traded in the old 37r and bought a different brand and they seemed to care less. I know I am just one person to many millions of buyers for them. And I am sure they are happy to have me gone. But with the use of media like it is today. My one review will hopefully affect thousands as they consider what to buy when it comes to a new rv. Fleetwood should be excluded from your list. There is no customer service!!! I fully expected fleetwood to stand up for what they sell, I had a very bad unit, I expected fleetwood to buy it back from me and let me chose another coach. At the time I would have been happy to just swap it out with another new coach. But they chose not to go that route. Instead they would just keep blowing me off until I would go away. Well they got part of it right. I went away but I am not gone. I will forever more tell people at every rally I go to and every person I see and talk to about rv's the experiences that I had with fleetwood. I am not a vindictive person but if that is the way they are going to treat their customers then I want people to know about it. It's never to late to make this right Fleetwood........just saying P.s. I keep thinking of things that were wrong with the unit. There were so many things that I start to forget them over time...I wished I could add pictures to this review. Pictures are worth a thousand words and they would speak volumes for this coach. Some of each of these things contributed to a ruined vacation every single time we went out. And mind you at a cost of many thousands of dollars with time off work, time in shops getting things fixed, non refundable helicopter trips to the bottom of the Grand Canyon that you missed because your Motorhome is sitting on the side of the freeway broken down again....it's not worth it. No hot water could not shower whole trip (several trips. Kept saying it was fixed when it was not) Water mixing valve inop Outlets falling out of place No heat on dashboard Water into electrical panel compartment Electric cord reel broken. Would not stop winding up. Front rock guard peeling off Fuel injector broken off ( engine about to catch fire) Wipers not working Outside compartment doors flying open during travel on freeway (scary) Kinked power steering hose ( from the manufacture) Squeaky brakes since ownership Delaminated windshield Faulty water heater fuel valve Leaky pipes at water heater Smell from engine compartment Cracks, holes, openings for smell to come through Sun bleached led lighting on front of coach Smokey generator Air leak in man door and one window (air whistling while driving) Steering wheel cover latch broken Microwave squeaking so loud. Had fixed at factory. Came back worse No heat into bedroom and bathroom (smashed duct work ) No heat under dash on drivers side Bathroom window seal came apart. Would not seal. Forgot to fix at factory I know there are more things I just can not remember them at this moment. Do yourself a favor and take it from someone who has learned the hard way. Don't do it. Save yourself the pain and agony and your hard earned dollars and do some research. You will come up with a better solution. My question is why do companies act this way.....it used to be because they can.. But not anymore. I have seen social media close companies down. That's not my intent here but I would like to see something done. And if word continues to spread it will reach the majority of the Masses and things will change for the better or they will have to close down. Had that carbon monoxide detector not gone off. I would not be here writing this letter to you. I would be dead and not one thing would change.
- Shane, Utah

2020-11-23 2016 Fleetwood Discovery 40E View Listings

Cosmetically it is gorgeous! Mechanically it is tip top! It is very comfortable whether overnight or for longer stays. Plenty of storage. We went on a 17 day road trip through Colorado and Wyoming in August 2020. It was so nice to have our home with us during these unsettling times! This coach would be ideal for full time RVers! Truly has all the comforts of home!
- Kenneth Diers, Texas

2020-11-22 2017 Thor Motor Coach Palazzo 36.1 View Listings

Our new Palazzo was not without a few faults but none were major except for leaking low point drain valves draining into the wet bay floor causing extensive rotting. The entire floor was replaced at Thor’s expense. Otherwise The Palazzo has been great, good livability and stellar mechanical performance.
- David Little, Florida

2020-11-21 2010 Newmar Ventana 4333 View Listings

WE are very pleased with our newmar products. We have had 2 5th wheels and 2 motorhomes. All were very good products and when we had a problem they were quite helpful. Driving the motor homes were a great pleasure. Seats are very comfortable to go long distances in a day. The ride was almost as nice as the big custom buses out there today. Both of our rigs had Spartan chassis with air ride suspension. Seatup has hwh hydralic leveling jacks with push button controls. We are only selling our coach because of health reasons.
- Mike Girton, Kansas

2020-11-21 2007 Monaco Diplomat 40PRQ View Listings

Love this RV. It has an awesome huge floor plan having the super slide! Full size refrigerator makes for easy living! 400 HP makes it easy to pull anything and does awesome in the mountains.Nice tile floors. Great solid surface countertops. Memory foam king size master bed. Air over spring queen sofa sleeper.
- Laurie Hall, Indiana

2020-11-17 2020 Thor Motor Coach Venetian R40 View Listings

First, it drives great, even in the wind or when being passed by large semi-trucks she holds the road beautifully. The large GPS monitor makes trave and finding campgrounds easy. The bed is king size and very comfortable. The kitchen is all-electric, so no propane to worry about. This coach has 4 TVs and a fireplace. It is beautifully appointed and not too much glitz. At 40 feet it has everything that the 45's have and it handles much easier. The size limit for State parks is 40 feet so everyone is open to this coach.
- Joe Rosenthal, Florida

2020-11-15 2000 Monaco Windsor 38PB View Listings

Awesome for fulltiming! Large tanks, almost 500 Watt Solar panels, easy to drive, especially with upgraded tires, Storage Cabinets cover all walls front to back! Extremely large kitchen with comfortable sink area can see out windows in kitchen, WIFI Booster, SeaLevel upgrade, Wood Floor - not Prego!, Kool-O-Matic still good - replaced motor - 2014, New Fresh Water Pump, Pressure Tank and Controller, New Hot Water Heater-2015, Digital Thermostat for htr, LED Interior Lighting, Frt A/C only - Rear removed. Replaced with Ceiling Thermostat Exhaust Vent, PAC Brake, Exhaust Manifold Bolts replaced!, SeaLevel Tank Monitor System, Well maintained as needed and maintenance since we fulltimed in it
- Bernie Martin, Texas

2020-11-13 2004 Newmar Kountry Star 3705 View Listings

This 04 Newmar was out first R.V we ever owned. We use it for our business in the summer months and our pleasure in the Fall/early Winter and Spring. We have fell in love with it. We have camped and traveled all over the Eastern part of the U.S. We have found ourselves living just as comfortable in this R.V as our house. It drives like a car. Me and my husband take turns driving and really enjoy traveling in it. I would rate the quality even thought it is a 04 with any other R.V on the market. Any problems that have arrived with it we have repaired with the best practices possible. Never a reman part we always go strictly new OEM Freightliner Parts for the Chassis and Newmar when possible for the Coach. You cannot go wrong with this R.V.
- Trisha Grass, Indiana

2020-11-11 2011 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 43DFT View Listings

This RV is an awesome driving and riding Coach. It sets on 10 airbags which gives it an excellent ride. The chassis underneath is made by RoadMaster. Because of the full body slide on the drivers side the inside is exceptionally roomy. I towed a Ram 1500 4x4 behind it and you never felt that it was back there. It is an awesome and very comfortable home away from home! Loved it!!
- Phil Roth, Oklahoma

2020-11-09 2015 Newmar King Aire 4584 View Listings

We have owned this Newmar King Aire about 2 years. Little issues arise at times and Newmar’s customer service usually can help me figure out the problems. More times than not it’s pilot error. This coach has proven to be very reliable and trouble free. Rides like a dream and has great power. Amenities are awesome. Love the layout because there is a computer work area set up and with the dinette area no sinking bench seats. You can’t go wrong with a King Aire.
- Jim Wilson, Arizona

2020-11-06 2017 Tiffin Allegro Phaeton 40QHB View Listings

We love the Tiffin products. The quality they put into them is great. They make their own cabinets from real wood. They make a lot of what goes into their units to maintain quality. We tow a Honda behind and this unit handles great. We would like to have a 1 1/2 bath which would make this fantastic.
- Bill Hall, Arkansas

2020-11-05 2013 Tiffin Phaeton 40QBH View Listings

2013 Phaeton 40QBH with the 380hp Cummins and the Allison 6 speed were the perfect combination for our recent trip out west towing our toad (Jeep Grand Cherokee) through the mountains. Luxurious living everywhere you park "Roughing it Smoothly" is true. Was uncertain about the Fireplace at first but on those cool mornings, sure was used to take the edge off and AC compatible for the Hot days. With the Dishwasher, Washer
- RJ Mason, Ohio

2020-11-04 2014 Thor Motor Coach Palazzo 33.2 View Listings

Dealer very deceptive. Said this unit was very clean, turns out had major problems ( slide malfunction snd water leak). They knew about these problems, tried to deceive us. Thank god for reputable independent inspectors.
- Pat Jenkins, Florida

2020-11-01 2018 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 44H View Listings

I love, love, love this coach! It is the ultimate rv for full-time living since it is very spacious. The layout is exceptional. It provides the best travel experience possible. The ride is extremely smooth and you feel light you're floating. We have not experienced any issues with this coach and I highly recommend it.
- S, Florida

2020-11-01 2004 Tiffin Allegro 40DP View Listings

This is my idea of roughing it..leather satellite..warm shower..love road trips and camping. Having ac traveling while on the road and camping not to mention doing laundry on the road between stops makes for a enjoyable trip. Have had 5th wheels and hands down better experience.
- Sherry, Colorado

2020-10-30 2014 Tiffin Phaeton 42LH View Listings

We are full time living in our Tiffin. She us home and so comfortable for us. We have plenty of room for our kitchen items and our clothes. The ‘basement’ storage is great for all my husband’s fishing and hunting gear.
- Christi Wright, Tennessee

2020-10-28 2017 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 40E View Listings

Let me tell you this thing is a piece of f***ing s**t we bought this our first trip out everything broke from the heater to the jacks the doors the bed route coming in and out the steps SAVE YOUR MONEY my old Rv was 20 times better we sold it 40g and got this at Dennis rv Westminster Burned is for 215,000 yup F**en bs Burn this thing to ground serious
- James Sinton, California

2020-10-27 2019 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 33D View Listings

Been nothing but problems from day one. This RV is junk. Plus never buy from General RV. Their service is terrible. Our new RV has been at the dealership for three months and it is still not repaired.
- Neil Barnett, Florida

2020-10-26 2018 Fleetwood Pace Arrow LXE 38K View Listings

Wow, are we happy with this Diesel Motorhome. The Floorplan is perfect for long vacation stays. The fireplace warms us on cold mornings. The solid surfaces are beautiful. The bath and a half is perfect for my wife and I as well as guests. The shower is large with a great sit-out. The 4 tv's and wiring for Dish Network take care of entertainment. Auto awnings keep us from worrying when the wind picks up. The heat pump warms us. The inverter keeps the residential refrigerator on during drives. Outside storage bins are extremely large. This luxury coach drives like like a dream! So glad we purchased the 2018 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 38K.
- Mark, Florida

2020-10-24 2015 Monaco Dynasty 45P View Listings

After alot of research and having owned 2 other Monaco motorhomes, I was looking to upgrade. I stumbled across a 2012 Dynasty and everyone told me I need to get newer. I then found this coach. While I am being told it's not a "true" Monaco coach, I am completely satisfied with everything about this coach. I did alot of researh and looked at everything online that I could. I saw some people that were not pleased with theirs, but I found one review that changed my mind. I am so glad that I purchased this amazing motorhome!! We just finished a 4 state road trip and I had prople driving up next to me giving me the "thumbs up" Wow! this has never happened with any other coach I have owned. I am not going to say it's trouble free, EVERY COACH HAS ISSUES! my biggest issue is that all the electric blinds dont always work flawlessly! Lol what a problem!! One other thing is that my wife never got excited about the other coaches we have owned but this one she says every day how much she likes it! Thanks Monaco and REV group for building a great product!
- Rusty russell, California

2020-10-23 2002 Fleetwood Discovery 37T View Listings

The Discovery 37T has the nicest layout of all coaches in this era. The long counter in the kitchen is what sold me. I like having the space. The Caterpillar 3126 pushes this coach very well, it is quiet and is a very comfortable ride thanks to the air ride suspension. On the highway it tracks straight and true -68 MPH seems to be the sweet spot for cruising although the engine has plenty of power to cruise at 75 or better, I just don't feel good above 70 in something this large. We tow a Ford Edge, I have towed an 8000# boat long distance several times with no issues other than a flat tire on the boat trailer that I did not feel for a long distance. Setting up at the campground is a breeze, it takes me less than 5 minutes to park, air down, power up, level the coach and extend the slides. A huge improvement over a 5th wheel (although a similar sized 5th wheel is much roomier). The fleetwood 37T is best suited for a couple. There is a jackknife sofa and a booth that converts to a bed, but its probably only good for kids or a one nighter. The sleeping Capacity is 6 - but 4 of em better be kids if that makes sense. Our Discovery has been from West Coast to East Coast, from Miami North to Tennessee - I have never had it north of the Mason Dixon line.
- Dean, Mississippi

2020-10-21 2004 Winnebago Journey 36G View Listings

We are the original owners an have enjoyed this RV a great deal through the years along with our son. It has been miraculously maintained. We have all service records. It it in great shape both inside and out.
- Dana Smith, Georgia

2020-10-21 2018 Forest River Berkshire 34QS View Listings

This RV tows my 2019 Jeep Cherokee and gets 9.2 miles per gallon. You don’t even know you are towing a veh. This Coach has an abundance of space underneath with slide out tray. Sleeps 5 comfortably. On demand hot water is great and with the 8,000 kw generator, makes dry camping a breeze. Large holding tanks for both black and grey water. Stacked Washer and dryer is a great convience. The roof mounted satellite dish works with one button tuning, finding the satellites within minutes. Plenty of room on the inside with a cozy fireplace and swivel Captains chairs from the cockpit. Three TV’s on the inside and an outdoor TV for your entertainment. This Coach is loaded with all the extras.
- Vito J Leuci, Arizona

2020-10-19 2017 Newmar Mountain Aire 4519 View Listings

Trading a Ventana LE for a Mountain Aire means a new coach with many more features and systems. Unfortunately my Mountain Aire was delivered by Independence RV of Orlando with no owners manuals! No where for me to go for explanations and/or instructions. Independence took this coach in for trade in June and sold it to me in October and in all that time said thy never noticed that it contained no owners manuals. And, no, Newgle is not a good substitute for no manuals. Be aware when you buy.
- George Young, Florida

2020-10-17 2017 Tiffin Allegro Bus 40AP View Listings

Please read all my comments. I admit, there were a number of problems, which are not all that untypical in a unit with such satisfaction. But the warranty support is off the chart!! I even had a few calls from Bob Tiffin himself. He is amazing and really cares. Actually, all their staff follow through and want to help and help fast. It is obvious that comes from the top down. They even took care of some things beyond the stated warranty that they felt should not have happened to me. What really impressed me also, is how much repair people like working on Tiffin. They pay them promptly and do not nickel dime them I have been told. One thing that does, is it gets service people easily to come right to your motor home and many times ahead of other motor homes companies because they screw them around. Cash is king for any business, so if they do not have to wait ridiculous amounts of time to get paid or get their time reduced when it is justified, they really appreciate it. Everyone, let me repeat that everyone. from other owners to repair people speak highly of Tiffin. I bought my first one because of Tiffin's reputation and I am thrilled I did! I have owned a couple of 4 motor homes, American Eagle for example, and I could not imagine owning anything else than Tiffin going forward after talking to owners of other brands and my personal experiences. And the Rv that you get for the money is taking you into a higher class for short money! Don't hesitate to get one. You will be so glad you did.
- John Gehrisch, California