5th Wheels RVs Reviews (1,859)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with 5th Wheels RVs Reviews and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of these RVs.

CJ from Montana says:

Have you owned any 5th Wheels RVs? Write a review

Voted Most Helpful Review 2017 Grand Design Solitude 379FL View Listings

To start, the Sa lesmen talked it up of course. It does look nice, pulls well, and is livable. The issues I've had make me realize that the manufacturer doesn't build it to handle the road. All four leaf springs had to be replaced, one broke in half on the road, 2 others bent. This was from normal interstate, and campground driving. The other issues are light fixtures loose and ready to fall off, fenders loose, screws backing out, roof sealant cracked, gapped and ready to leak, wall in the rear storage compartment separating, bedroom slide stopped working directly after the shop had it all day, shaded don't go up, window cranks strip out etc.. The biggest issue is the dealership's service. I learned that I had to watch the mechanics while they worked on it or go around after they were "done" and inspect to make sure it was fixed correctly. After calling them out on faulty repairs, going back 7 times, some for the same issue, dealer told me they won't work on it anymore and I need to find another service shop. Wow, is all I can say. What about warranty, and forever warranty they brag about? Basically every time I left the shop there was another issue to go back for.. They did however fix some issues correctly, but all in all I am less then impressed. We'll see if the manufacturer helps me out.. Save yourself tons of headaches and time.
- CJ, Montana

2019-06-25 2016 Keystone Montana 3711FL View Listings

I have waited 7 years to purchase a Montana and it has been a total disappointment as to the quality of the unit. I have had several leaks in the unit. The slides keep jumping of the track. I have had the refrigerator replaced. The furniture is pealing and I only used the recliner twice and on the third time the handle came off in my hand. The cabinet doors keep opening while traveling and when I open the slide it gets caught and breaks. Overall a big disappointment on this unit and I wish I had bought a different unit from another manufacturer cause all Keystone says is sorry your out of warranty and are no help to me. For me I purchased the unit June 2017 and it was out of warranty before I purchased it. For them to put inferior furniture in what they call a luxury unit and does not last but 3 years before falling apart in not very good. I will never purchase any unit from this company and steer others away from them.
- Tommy Assad, Georgia

2019-06-25 2018 Heartland Landmark 365 Phoenix View Listings

Both slides leaked, dealer fixed one of them and sent me home with other leaking told me they sealed it and bring it back then one day I come home to water everywhere, hose on hot water loose leaked everywhere,fan in living room never worked, no heat pump in one of the a/c said it was 2 under sink flooded and list goes on. I’m ready and prepared to let finance company have it. Dealer wants me to bring it in but i can’t due to work and being full timer. Wish I would have never seen it. Not worth the price
- Steven , Texas

2019-06-25 2018 Keystone Montana 3701LK View Listings

There is no quality control. We purchased our RV 9 months ago- a brand new 2018 Keystone Montana 3701LK. In the 9 months we've had this RV, the furnace went out completely, the black tank cable broke, the tanks froze in the winter even with the tank heaters on, one of the ceiling vent fans broke, the a/c went out completely, the slide outs slide out about 4” while driving down the road (SO DANGEROUS!), the outside panel siding of the RV slid down while driving because they didn't put the screws in and it was held up only by silicone (also, so dangerous!), the ice maker has never worked, the televisions are refurbished TVs from Best Buy in our “brand new” RV, the electric went out for days because the one accessible GFCI was wired backwards, there were wood shavings, metal shavings, and loose screws left in the floor vents that I discovered during my first deep cleaning. All of this and Keystone has done nothing to assist despite multiple calls. They sent me an email saying to go buy some 2x4s to keep the slides in while we travel and wait for service to be available. They refuse to assist in a timely manner. What was originally planned as a cross-country adventure as we move from Virginia to Arizona has turned into a nightmare and we are staying at a hotel now out of pocket because it’s so hot out and the a/c is broken. Keystone will not reimburse the cost even though the average wait to have it fixed is 6-8 weeks. I strongly urge you to shop another brand so you don’t end up in a similar position.
- Lisa Federline, Virginia

2019-06-24 2018 Forest River Cardinal 3250RL View Listings

Purchased the unit may of 2018, after the first weekend after we picked it up the unit spent the rest of the year and part of 2019 at camping world for the same repairs at least 6 times. It wasn't like we used it and took it back. What they were repairing was never repaired time after time and the unit stayed at the dealer many of the times.we made payment after payment and could not use and in some cases had to cancel plans. I will never. Buy another Forest River product again and will spread the word to everyone I meet camping or thinking about camping.
- David Meehan, Virginia

2019-06-23 2017 Keystone Cougar 327RLK View Listings

it look so nice when new but next day every thing starts to fall apart, it is the lowest quality in the market and very expensive for what you get, wood? it is just paper and peels off... no isolation at all...floor? it's falling apart too, pipes overflow? don'the exist, slides out? bottom floor detached... every part of it is very low, poor quality. insurance do not cover for anything and of course neither the manufacturer... we are stock with it due to quality.
- Patricia Brewster, Florida

2019-06-23 2018 Forest River Wildwood Heritage Glen 337BAR View Listings

First trip out so many things wrong. Gets really hot in bathroom but living room freezing cold. Can’t go up stairs to bedroom barefoot because screws are sticking up on stairs(wrong screws). Where slides go in and out all the staples coming out can’t walk without shoes on. Floor is ice cold in living room. Supposed to be all season but don’t think so. To many things to list. Had three weeks I’m taking it back and get as soon as get back. Tired of being told one thing and not even close to the truth. Disappointed!!!!!!
- Larry Mertins , Washington

2019-06-22 2019 Prime Time Crusader 337QBH View Listings

Well the crusader on the outside is great, I believe it is a well built camper in terms of the frame and wall construction. However the interior is kind of pathetic that walls aren't strait and its pretty obvious that the people putting it together have no pride at all. The rage hood does not vent outside so when a person is cooking it literally just fills the camper with smoke. Who in their right mind would think that was a good idea? Another issue that I had was there was no insulation between the bunk room and outdoor kitchen so it gets quite cool back there at night. Other then that there has been small things like cracked plastic and stuff that was fixed under warranty so not that big of a deal I guess. I think I would look at a different manufacturer next time.
- Kory Van Damme, Manitoba

2019-06-21 2017 Vanleigh RV Vilano 365RL View Listings

So we were on our way to Massachusetts from Idaho to help an ailing family member. We purchased our Vilano and hadn’t had any issues. While setting up in Wyoming, our hydraulic pump went out for some reason. We were with 4 dogs and one cat and in a panic. We tried to contact repair shops and they were all busy. We got ahold of a mobile rv repair man. We waited for a call back. While waiting I decided to reach out to Van Leigh to see if they could assist. I called and left a message but was cut short due to lack of service / reception where we were. I then emailed them about our situation. I received a call not 15 mins later from Bryan at Van Leigh. I replayed our situation and asked if he could help. He took our VIN number and make and model. He ran something and said that he could next day the parts to us. I then asked how much... the parts alone were $1200!! He said FREE!! I wanted to cry! We were / are so grateful he was able to assist us in a desperate time. The promptness, professional and politeness was absolutely amazing!!! I recommend Van Leigh to anyone!!!!! Thank you Bryan again!!
- Brooke Myers, Idaho

2019-06-21 2000 Travel Supreme Express 36RLTSO View Listings

We have used it as a weekend cabin in the woods! Only towed once for warranty work! It has been up on blocks since new! Beautiful interior with lots of storage and real oak cabinets! The underbody is fully enclosed! Never had any critters get in! It has 3 slides, queen size couch and 2 rocker recliners, day, night shades! Very well taken care of!
- Pat, Wisconsin

2019-06-21 2019 Grand Design Solitude 375RES View Listings

Grand Design quality is certainly over rated. They attempt to hide errors in construction, and construction is fair. They will tell you they value customers but they will put you through the ringer to get stuff fixed. Their answer to everything is bring it in to a service center. Great camper if you want to park it in a service center - or if you are trying to live or camp in it you fix it yourself or pay someone to do it. I would be more than happy to discuss the problems or even invite you to see mine before you purchase one of these. Definitely NOT satisfied or a “valued” customer.
- Larry Murphey, Georgia

2019-06-20 2015 Palomino Columbus 295RL View Listings

Loved this unit. We lived in it through two winter seasons in the Keys and used it for camping through the summer. The only reason we sold it was because of health issues. Quality throughout and a great floorplan.
- Kathie Pontious, Michigan

2019-06-19 2019 Forest River Sabre 36FRP View Listings

THIS REVIEW IS FOR THE 2020 Model!!!! Some items mentioned here may not be available in 2019 This is my 4th. Rv, second one bought new. Yet this is my first time reviewing, since previous ones, while ok, quality control seemed not to have been that great. Due to the lack of enough information on the brand, I was a little hesitant to buy it. Upon deciding to pull the trigger, and after my previous experience with a new RV (while not horrible there were some hiccups), I decided to get it professionally inspected. Facebook page was somehow responsive to inquires, although they respond some of my questions left one or two without response. I give 4 stars to support, because they did make an effort to at least respond promptly. I give 5 stars in quality, because, while quality may not be the best, I believe for the price and in comparison with other brands, it is ok, with some nice features. The inspection came up good, and only some really minor issues were found, and they were corrected at time of PDI. Quality/Price, I believe this unit is a very good deal. There are not many rear quad bunks with 2 slides in the market, and I am convinced this is the best value. Some improvements on the 2020 model, while minor, are right on spot. We have been on it for 2 weeks, and I could not find any other issues. Everything works as it should, nothing started to fall apart. I found the 2 fridges in the outdoor kitchen a overkill, but removing one of them is fairly easy. Also gives me the space to carry a portable sink with tank to use outdoors, and counter space when on site. The addition of a water Quick connect near the kitchen is a welcome one, due to the lack of sink on outside kitchen. (I understand the reasons and after having sinks in slides before, and I agree better not have them) The TVs are very low quality, and it was the only real negative I have to put on the unit. Anyway I was already planning to change them for ROKU TVs, so not a big deal. The addition of a water Quick connect near the kitchen is a welcome one, due to the lack of sink on outside kitchen. (I understand the reasons and after having sinks in slides before, and I agree better not have them) It is probably my first time in an RV, that I don't have to use my nail gun or glue within the first 2 weeks of ownership, nor I had to go digging in the "belly of the beast", to tighten up or mess around with plumbing to seal some or another leak. Always get a good PDI (Pay for a certified inspector if you are not absolutely sure you understand RVs 100% and feel comfortable you are going to have the time and patience to do it yourself.) this is not a recommendation for the unit/brand, but for any RV. I would highly recommend this unit, we are having a blast in it.
- Gerardo Gonzalez, Florida

2019-06-19 2018 Keystone Montana 3560RL View Listings

I have had many of the problems other Montana owners have listed. The fifth wheel has been in the shop twice since we purchased from Camping World in Boise last fall. The service department at Boise has taken care of every problem and even found issues I wasn’t aware of and fixed them also (all under warranty). I’ve read about the issues with Camping World. The Boise store is great!
- Robert Wagner, Idaho

2019-06-19 2016 Prime Time Sanibel 3801 View Listings

What initially sold us on this RV is the living space. It has all of the amenities of home. The quality of materials and construction is better than your average unit. It has the climate package with better insulation and heaters for the tanks. The suspension rides really well. I have no problem pulling it with my 2500 for the size of the unit. Storage is a plenty, which was important for full-timing. The extended warranty has taken care of any issues we have had, even covered items we didn't think they would. Very satisfied, overall, with this model.
- Steve Botschon, Texas

2019-06-19 2019 Jayco Pinnacle 37MDQS View Listings

Our 2019 MDQS slide has been broken since before we left the dealer. When we arrived at Gillette Interstate RV to pick up our brand new unit the slide did not work properly. It is the slide with the refrigerator. Our Salesman Mike Taravella immediately stated that it was not their problem it was Jayco's since they were the manufacturer. Our salesman spent a total of 3 minutes passing us along to someone else to assist us. The technicians worked all day on it replacing wiring harness and swapping out motors, to no avail. Since we had rented a campground near by for the night they let us take it because we were able to get the slide out an inch at a time. The technicians said it would be ok and they were ordering a new wiring harness and would replace it the following day. In the morning when we tried to put the slide in to bring the unit back so they could work on it, the slide would not budge. Gillette sent the techs out to the campsite where they worked on it until they could manually get the slide in and we were able to get it back to the dealer. When the new parts arrived unfortunately they were not the fix. We tried talking to the Gillette Interstate RV General manager Stuart Brabant but he never even came out to the service bay and we were told he was unavailable, we asked that he please call us as we just purchased a $70,000 unit from his dealership that was broken. I then took matters into my own hands and reached out to the Jayco. I was directed to Rodney who was helpful and sympathetic to our situation and and arranged for the Pinnacle 37MDQS to be brought back to the manufacturing facility and be repaired. We left to head home as there was nothing more we could do. About a week later arrangements were made to deliver it to us at the campground we rented for the summer. We were in the process of becoming full time RVers and our home was listed on the market for sale. Glad that we would have the fifth wheel to reside in the rest of the summer we excitedly met the transport guy at the campground. He placed the fifth wheel on the lot and asked us to sign and confirm he delivered it and that there was no exterior damage. We agreed and asked him to wait while we tried the "slide" to our utter disappointment it would not go out. The delivery guy was kind enough to hang out with us for an additional 2 hours as we contacted Jayco to see if he could bring it back. Finally Rodney at Jayco told us to let the delivery driver go as they did not authorize him to bring it back. Jayco is sending someone out to look at it but I am a bit sceptical that it will get fixed seeing that no one has been able to fix it yet. So here we sit with a brand new unit that is broken.... I am so disheartened. I wrote to Mr. Derald Bontrager the Chief Executive Officer of Jayco, Inc. and pleaded for them to take this one back and give us a new one because I think this one is a lemon. It is not fair to expect us to have to keep a defective unit. Our dream has turned into a nightmare... I will post an update if we ever get this resolved.
- Mari Mabus, Illinois

2019-06-18 2016 Grand Design Solitude 321RL View Listings

We bought our 5th wheel brand new and both the manufacturer and dealer have told us that it sucks to be us when our outside wall started to separate. Neither of them stand behind what they build or sell these days. Extended warranty means absolutely nothing anymore. When I tried to call the manufacturer I was told they do not deal with customers only with the dealership. No one is willing to help us in any way. I think this manufacturer has gotten to big and really don’t care about their customers or how they build anything. Will never recommend anyone buy one of their trailers.
- Cheryl, Alberta

2019-06-18 2006 Jayco Designer 31RKS View Listings

This Jayco is easy to hook up and tow. It is designed well with good floor plan. Living space is comfortable and easy to move around in. King-size bed is like home. Roomy shower. Lots of storage space
- Jim , California

2019-06-18 2006 KZ Durango 30R View Listings

We enjoyed our 5th wheel very much but it has become difficult for us to continue using it due to our age! We are sad to sell it for that reason! It’s in very good shape and clean for someone interested!It is a one owner
- Delynn Cook, Oregon

2019-06-17 2018 Keystone Montana 3931FB View Listings

I have had a ton of small issues that I have fixed on my own but 2 major issues that seems Keystone and the dealer wants to ignore even though the camper is less then a year old. First i have a spider web cracks in the shower floor 2nd I have a spider web crack on the rear cap of the camper Right above the rear glass both are under warrenty but the claimed was turned down .
- David Purser, Tennessee

2019-06-17 2015 Grand Design Solitude 379 FL View Listings

We love this 5th Wheel. The layout has been perfect. What few issues we have had the company has been great to address them. Would highly recommend Grand Design and this floorplan. I can't rate Towing ability because we've never left our permanent site with it.
- Terry Beadle, Wisconsin

2019-06-17 2018 Heartland Gateway 3900MB View Listings

BEWARE!!! Fridge handles have broken off 3 times. Flimsy plastic. Seems to be good seal on doors, but cant open fridge. Dealer even broke one off and just said be really careful trying to open, mfg has no intention of making better handles available. Bought 2018 new just before 2019 models came out. BEWARE!
- Deb Atkinson, Georgia

2019-06-16 2013 Heartland Landmark Key Largo View Listings

Our RV is of terrible quality and the dealer we worked with ripped us off. You should be embarrassed to charge the high prices for these 5th wheels. The leather furniture ( HaHa) is peeling, cupboard doors falling off, shelves falling down, out side DVD has never worked,refrigerate has been fixed twice, water collects under carriage when traveling while raining, back window leaking, all shades have been replaced. These are just a few of the numerous problems we have had. I would never buy another one!!!! This unit is crap!!!!!
- Marilyn Games, Tennessee

2019-06-16 2019 Keystone Montana 3791RD View Listings

Big mistake buying this rv June 2018. We also have had nothing but problems; compartments leaking, slides leaking, doorknobs that keep splitting, decals coming off and now sliding closet doors that don’t open right (it appears that that frame is twisted). Also manufacturing issues that seem be resolved, quality control? We camper about 8 times a year but plans to use as retirement home. We’ve had to return to the dealer almost every time we return from camping. We loved this camper when we saw it but regret buying it ever day. For the price paid, we feel like it will be junk before it’s paid off. If anyone is interested in Montana 3791rd, you should really think twice. I don’t recommend buying one at all. Keystone should be embarrassed by this product.
- Howard Diehl, New York

2019-06-16 2015 Jayco Pinnacle 31RETS View Listings

This is the worst fifth wheel we’ve owned and we’ve had several. There is absolutely no quality whatsoever. Slapped together as quickly as possible with a bit of lipstick is what this unit is. After owning it for a week my husband had a list of things to fix as long as his arm beginning with all the holes underneath that he had to fill with spray foam to keep the mice out. The ceiling strips all had to be glued on as they were falling off, the trim on the closet shelves was also falling off. The toilet is constantly plugged because the drain is a 90, it’s so bad that he’s probably going to have to redo the plumbing down there. We won’t be sad to see this one go.
- Vicki Greschner, Alberta