5th Wheels RVs Reviews on RV Insider (2,291)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with 5th Wheels RVs Reviews and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of these RVs.

CJ from Montana says:

Have you owned any 5th Wheels RVs? Write a review

Voted Most Helpful Review 2017 Grand Design Solitude 379FL View Listings

To start, the Sa lesmen talked it up of course. It does look nice, pulls well, and is livable. The issues I've had make me realize that the manufacturer doesn't build it to handle the road. All four leaf springs had to be replaced, one broke in half on the road, 2 others bent. This was from normal interstate, and campground driving. The other issues are light fixtures loose and ready to fall off, fenders loose, screws backing out, roof sealant cracked, gapped and ready to leak, wall in the rear storage compartment separating, bedroom slide stopped working directly after the shop had it all day, shaded don't go up, window cranks strip out etc.. The biggest issue is the dealership's service. I learned that I had to watch the mechanics while they worked on it or go around after they were "done" and inspect to make sure it was fixed correctly. After calling them out on faulty repairs, going back 7 times, some for the same issue, dealer told me they won't work on it anymore and I need to find another service shop. Wow, is all I can say. What about warranty, and forever warranty they brag about? Basically every time I left the shop there was another issue to go back for.. They did however fix some issues correctly, but all in all I am less then impressed. We'll see if the manufacturer helps me out.. Save yourself tons of headaches and time.
- CJ, Montana

2020-02-20 2018 Forest River Sandpiper 378FB View Listings

My husband and I were looking for something that could be used for lengthy periods of time. Our needs were plenty of storage, room for a washer-dryer, a usable kitchen, and a layout that didn't leave us feeling cramped. The Sandpiper 378FB hit all of those points. The oversized bathroom is what caught our eye, and we have been so happy with it. We can each get ready at the same time, while also having a drying rack set up for our laundry. The separate washer-dryer closet meant that we didn't have to give up any valuable storage in the wardrobe. We were able to get a separate washer and dryer rather than a 2-in-1, which makes laundry much faster. The front wardrobe is larger than the closet in our last apartment. Plus, the built-in shelves are perfect for storing shoes. So many of those corner RV showers left us feeling claustrophobic. This shower feels like it could be in your home. The little bench doesn't take up any of your standing room but is still there if you need it. The double sinks are great, but all of the extra counter space is so much better; you can use it to fold your laundry piles so you can take things straight out of the dryer, fold them, and put them away in the closet without leaving the room. The kitchen may look small, but it offers so much storage space. We've never used up all of it and still have empty drawers. One of our favorite features is where the table and chairs are located. With windows all around you, you get great views while you eat or work. The built-in bookcase is a great little touch, something I had never seen in an RV. If you stay in one place for a few weeks at a time, this is one of the many details in this RV that truly make it feel like home. There are also two sets of shelves on either side of the TV that have doors, so you won't have to pack away your stacks of movies every time you move your RV. Outside, the kitchen makes us the envy of every campground. The drop-down TV always wows, while the extra fridge storage means we don't have to run in and out for drinks while watching a game or hanging out around a campfire. After we bought the RV, we noticed a few small issues, like an outlet that wasn't sitting flush with the wall and our front door that didn't close quite right. We contacted Forest River, took it to our local Camping World within a couple of days, and they had it back to us in hours, free of charge under the manufacturer's warranty. We purchased an additional warranty to cover the electronics, slides, and upholstery, but have never used it in over 2 years of owning the camper. If you're looking for endless amounts of clever storage, from compartments to drawers to the little spaces on the end of the couch that are perfect for storing throw blankets, this RV is definitely for you.
- Caitlin, Ohio

2020-02-19 2014 Jayco Eagle Premier 361REQS View Listings

On October 26, 2013, we purchased our Jayco 361REQS. We are retired and purchased this unit to travel the country volunteering with Habitat for Humanity.Our reason for choosing a Jayco product was that prior to this one we owned two Jayco travel trailers and had no issues with either one. We felt that Jayco products were comfortable and reliable. We feel we were correct on the comfortableness, but not necessarily on the reliability. We have had numerous problems with this unit from the very beginning. 1. The first time we tried to get the trailer off our tow vehicle, the front left landing gear wouldn’t retract. The landing gear motor was found to be bad and had to be replaced. 2. We had to spend two extra days in Albany, Georgia when the kitchen slide failed to retract. With assistance from a mobile RV repair company we were able to get the slide retracted. Our repair shop found that one of the slide motors had become disconnected which caused the slide to become inoperable. Fortunately, the trailer was still under warranty. 3. On another trip, two blades from the ceiling fan in the living room broke off and it took two months of waiting for parts to have this replaced. This also happened while under warranty. 4. Every cabinet door’s screws have come loose and had to be repaired. 5. We had body damage due to a tire blow-out because the factory-installed tires were only rated for the empty weight of the trailer. It took three months and three different shipments to get the correct and undamaged parts to the repair shop. After the third shipment, we were able to get undamaged body panels, but they were the wrong color. 6. The front cap became faded due to a factory defect and it had to be completely stripped and repainted. This took over a month to be completed. We have suffered many other issues with this unit since owning it. However, our biggest concern is the slowness in getting needed parts to the repair shop. The following is an example: On September 24, 2019, we took our trailer to a reputable repair shop to have the bedroom ceiling replaced due to puckering from moisture. We chose this firm because many of the repair people including the service manager were former employees the dealer we purchased the trailer from. (this firm sold out to another firm) and these employees are familiar with our trailer. Upon inspection, they realized that our roof wasn’t a typical RV roof and was laminated. They found that there was a defect in the rubber membrane causing the interior damage. Our insurance company was contacted, and consent was given to the repair shop to order a new roof on October 22, 2019. The roof didn't arrive to the shop until December 10, 2019. During the repair process, the shop noticed the interior cove trim was damaged during ceiling removal. New trim was ordered on January 14, 2020. We just received word that the trim is to be shipped today, February 18, 2020 and should arrive this time next week. We were first told that the trim was to have been shipped the end of the prior week.
- Thomas Fox, Iowa

2020-02-19 2019 KZ Sportsmen 302BHK View Listings

In May of 2019 me and my family purchased a kz sportsmen 302bhk fifth wheel. everything was great at first. as experienced rv people know that the first year of a new rv can have some challenges. but now that its Feb. of 2020 my rv has been at the dealer service shop since Jan. no repairs have been done to it due to kz manufacturing denying responsibility. the problems are... first month a piece of paneling buckled loose, and the awning was coming loose from the side of the rv. within the first six months the mdf boards that have a synthetic film over them to simulate real wood in the outdoor kitchen started to swell due to the outdoor fridge defrosting and leaking while your towing it down the road. this fridge is not on an inverter so it only stays cold when the rv is plugged in. and there is more paneling coming loose on the inside of the outdoor kitchen as well. and as for a safety concern the trailer bucks very badly. as I was pulling it I had my wife take a video of the hitch and its lifting up so high that its picking my truck hitch up. I brought this to kz manufacturing's attention and they said it was normal but what I find funny is, while mine is being repaired there was another guy who had the same 302bhk as me and the bucking on his caused his trailer tongue to break and his entire front end to come apart. now to tell yall about the HEALTH CONCERN, my rv and the the guys with the broken tongue both have mold growing inside of the slides. this rv is a bunk house model and the bunk house is where my one year old baby girl sleeps. every time we went camping, very shortly after we had to take my little girl to the doctor due to her being ill. come to find out after several months of dealing with this and almost 5000.00 in doctor bills and one er visit, the doctors ran test for symptoms of mold and they linked to being exposed to heavy amounts of mold spores. so in my case iv hired a lawyer. out of owning 4 other rvs, this manufacturer is a big waste of time and money.
- chris bruton, Texas

2020-02-17 2017 Forest River Cherokee Arctic Wolf 285DLR4 View Listings

I bought this fifth wheel brand new i am thoroughly disgusted with the quality of this unit.The bedroom door fell off the wall,the mirror in bathroom fell off, Pieces of paneling in large bedroom are falling off, the kitchen island isn't secured solid to floor. This camper has been highway miles minimal gravel out of 2000ish km maybe 20 km are gravel. I have brought it back for warranty dealer is Coach-Works in Nisku Albeta won't be taking it back to this place every again wouldn't recommend this dealer for repairs. The cheap quality glued press board around the fridge swelled and was damaged dealer tried to repair but looks worst now than before i asked for it to be repaired. For the price i paid the quality of this unit is pure garbage.
- Dale Bouvier , Alberta

2020-02-16 2018 Grand Design Reflection 29RS View Listings

Pretty good layout for a smallish 5th wheel.auto level is great.cabinetry looks good but is held together with staples. Repaired a few drawers already. Probably Have about 15,000 miles so far. Factory repairs on water heater went well. Customer support is good.Frame spring bracket broke. Very scary
- Warren Nelson, Florida

2020-02-16 2019 Forest River Sabre 32DPT View Listings

We a well pleased with our camper and with our dealer Arrowhead RV Sales in Mayfield, KY. We have had very few issues with our 2019 Sabre 32DPT 5th Wheel. The few minor issues we have had were completely taken care of by our dealer. We love the layout. I only have two or three complaints. The steps leading up to the bedroom are too shallow, and the design and location of the water hook up (docking station) are hard to get to. Part of the docking station design flaw is that on the 2019 model the location of the water heater bypass valves and the connection to the water pump for winterizing, are located in behind the socking station. On the 2020 model that have fixed these problems on the docking station. It's costing me money to get this set up the way it should have been designed to start with, but over all we love our 32DPT.
- Larry, Kentucky

2020-02-16 2018 Palomino Puma 286RBSS View Listings

We first bought the camper on 08-21-2018 now for brand new the price wasn’t bad and it was the floor plan we liked however we have had nothing but problems since the day we bought it way to many to list on her but as of now the other dealer has it for repairs and has had it for 5 months not their fault of course original dealer actually screwed things up and stole my propane tanks which were full but magically empty when we got it back have had slide out rebuilt 2 times and we have only camped 2 times in it along with the other thousands of dollars it has cost to fix not me personally but the factory and now we are told the roof has to be replaced on the entire camper not happy campers at all!!!!!!!!!!!! I would say it would be cheaper to have them give me my money back or give me a new one but will NEVER buy another puma. you would thing to pay as much for it as you would a car the quality would be so much more we did t make it to the wv ky. Border and had to take it back to get a vent cover replaced and it has cascaded from there
- Jeremy williams, West Virginia

2020-02-11 2016 Heartland Bighorn 3760EL View Listings

As others have already stated, the Heartland Bighorn Product is the worst fifth wheel we have ever owned. We had 2 fifth wheels and a tow behind trailer before buying this unit new and have had more problems hands down with this unit than all 3 of our other units combined. We had problems before we even left the dealership and have never had a trip when something major hasn't gone wrong. We never buy extended warranties but did on this unit, and if we hadn't we would be broke by now. Very poor quality workmanship overall. Getting answers or help from Heartland is impossible. We take it out for a couple of weeks, and then it is in the shop for a month or more waiting for parts. It is been so frustrating and for the price, we had really expected a better product. We will never buy another Heartland product and if you're in the market for a rig, I'd steer clear of this brand. Just my opinion...
- Bill, California

2020-02-11 2020 Forest River Cardinal Limited 3780LFLE View Listings

We purchased this 5TH wheel solely because of the floor plan. We have no children or others with us. The mid bunk was a storage dream for us. Now the bad microwave had to be reset in wall venting wrong. Blew out the stove. Have to pay installation to vent outside. Coax from front to back is dead. No response yet. Bath tub surround not sealed at bottom to tub. Bathroom wall at shower head side is not plumb ceiling to floor by over 2 inches. Shower glass door wouldn't seat in frame to stop water from going outside of shower. Everything to this point is fixed except coax. Since that group of repairs, once the auto awning on retracting screamed all the way in at 9 oclock at night. Very embarrassing! Hasn't repeated. Microwave will spin very slowly after closing door with no command. Repeats once in awhile. Thermostats are way off in temperature. Kitchen is 5 degrees off heat mode. Kitchen AC never turns off. Low fan on always in auto fan mode. These problems have been reported and no one has responded. Anita was my first contact and she has moved to a different job no longer with Cardinal. Today is 2/11/20. Purchased and moved in on 12/23/19.
- Brian Long, Florida

2020-02-11 2019 Keystone Cougar Half-Ton 30RLS View Listings

We’ve owned this for a year and a half. Even though we didn’t get to use it a lot we are happy with the purchase. Had a black tank issue, but that was fixed. We would purchase this again and always keep in mind this is a mid level RV.
- Steven Carlson, Florida

2020-02-10 2019 Vanleigh RV Beacon 40FLB View Listings

Amazing layout and fulltime livability! It's a beautiful fifth wheel with more than enough storage. I can not say enough about the customer service of VanLeigh RV’s. My wife and I saw our first Beacon at Lazy days in January of 2019. We fell in love with the high gloss cabinetry, finish, and high end features other fifth wheels lacked. We realize there are very few “Top of the Line,” fifth wheel manufacturers. Mobile Suites comes to mind, but we were not nearly as impressed with their product as that offered by VanLeigh. We sold our fifth wheel in June 2019 and purchased a Beacon 40FLB. We initially had some issues, most of which were caused by the independent service tech setting up the camper, but there were some other issues directly attributable to the manufacturing process. As everyone suggested we contacted VanLeigh’s Customer service department and told them about the items we were having difficulty with. They got us in touch with Bryan Powers. Bryan did an amazing job, taking care of issues on the road. We needed a mobile tech to come out and fix a stuck slide. Bryan insured VanLeigh covered that issue. Additionally he set us up with their service center in Tishomingo MS to address the other things that needed fixing. It took two trips to Tishomingo to fix all our issues, but it seems we have an outstanding camper now. I felt that some of the issues that cropped up were quality control issues in the manufacturing process so I contacted Leigh Tiffin directly. He answered my email on a Saturday and called me on a Sunday to get my input, and to ask what else needed to be accomplished to insure we were happy with the camper. What other executive takes time out to answer concerns of their customer, more importantly who does so on a weekend? To say the least my wife and I are very impressed. We are exceedingly happy with our Beacon even though our initial experience was frustrating. Their customer service department is incredible and the executives at VanLeigh are second to none!!! Although problems are rare, If you do have a problem with your product do yourself and VanLeigh a favor, contact their service department. You will not be disappointed…
- Cammeron Vaughn, Georgia

2020-02-10 2018 Keystone Montana High Country 362RD View Listings

My Montana High Country has heating/cooling issues.I have owned this Rv since new and recently has become my only residence.This RV is advertised as being artic packaged,but in reality it isn't. Keystone placed tank heaters on the water,sewage tanks, but did not add additional insulation in this rv. Therefore if you are going to use it in the cold months you are going to freeze! This RV is 41ft long and has 5 slide outs, which has alot of open space to heat/cool! Keystone only placed one furnace and it's in the front part of rv,therefore by the time heat tries to reach rear den it's cold.The same holds true for air conditioning. 2 acs one on each end and nothing in the middle. The livingroom is like a sauna in the summer! Too much heat for them to cool this rv with the amount of open space.
- Darrell R Westfall, North Carolina

2020-02-09 2018 Jayco Eagle HT 27.5RLTS View Listings

Great couples camper. Opposing slides which open up your main living area. Dual recliners. Well built, good quality appliances. Has a home quality queen size mattress. Great fifth wheel tow ability. Goodyear radial tires.
- Stephen Hubbard, Florida

2020-02-09 2018 Vanleigh RV Vilano 365RL View Listings

We were full timers in the Vilano for 2 years and we loved it. We had previously full timed in a Country Coach and a Monaco for several years. We like this 5th wheel the best do to the livability, the high ceilings, more room and the expenses are much less. We bought the Vilano because Vanleigh is part of the Tiffin family RV company. The after market service is the best we have found in the RV industry and we have been RVing for over 40 years. Our Vilano is in excellent condition and has had no problems or damage. It became necessary for us to buy a brick and mortar home as our 97 year old mother needs full time care.
- Jim Tucker , Arkansas

2020-02-09 2020 Keystone Montana 3761FL View Listings

I purchased a 2020 Keystone Montana 3761FL two months ago from Camping World in Myrtle Beach S.C. This RV is our first RV and we wanted the best as we got started. That is what we were sold. Man did we get surprised. This RV has yet to be used. Been in the shop as much as stored. The poor workmanship beyond the cosmetics is horrible. We have an issue with the floor now and Keystone want stand behind it. The floor is spongy and steaks. Comment, it’s normal. My response, Really. The customer service response to the customer is like a black hole. We obviously did not do enough research before we bought a Keystone product. What a high price piece of poor QUALITY and WORKMANSHIP. I hate to see what else happens once we actually put it on a camp site. Buyers be ware. Do your homework. Thanks Keystone and Camping World. What a joke. Robbie.
- Robbie Burchfield, South Carolina

2020-02-09 2016 Alfa Gold 3405RK View Listings

Lifestyle made a very solid 5th wheel on a great frame.The floor plan is perfect for full timers. It has a feel of 3 separate areas, kitchen, living room, master bedroom. It tows very nicely and quietly. Eady to maneuver and level. Large shower that definitely feels like a regular house walk in shower. Lifestyles are still on the road because they're well built.
- Dawn Griffin , Tennessee

2020-02-08 2020 Forest River Sandpiper 379FLOK View Listings

I just purchased this 5th wheel and found a page of problems. From the living room floor delamination around the heat vent(poor design in placement). The right side slideout sticks sometimes it doesn't work these are just some of the big problems. Very poor design kitchen cabinets can't fit a dish in it to me this makes mo sense at all. The camper is wired for satellite but NO place to put the receiver. The Bedroom is nice to look at lots of cabinets it all good till you want to go to bed, like 6 inches of room between the wall and mattress again who designed this has he NEVER camped before or used a 5th wheel? I have only had this camper 2 weeks and have all these problems oh No owners manual, l was told by forestriver it's on line that B.S I paid good money for this unit and sure didn't think forestriver would treat a loyal customer this way. I have owned forestriver Rockwood a d it was great. So now I am questioning the quality of Forestriver products and there quality control at the factory.I was told on the phone that's what the warranty is for. You judge for your self, I am very disappointed.
- MICHAELBANASZAK, Michigan

2020-02-08 2019 Keystone Sprinter 3551FWMLS View Listings

Hooked me on the glitter. Really a beautiful trailer but absolutely ZERO quality control out of the factory. Electrical, poor connections, excessive wire jammed in pinch points, disconnects miss wired, cheap cheap Chinese switches have failed.... Lovely king size bed built of 1/2” plywood with no support I had to rebuild to stop the sagging. I’m 175 my wife, less. (I’m not crazy enough to give that figure) Floor now saggs in the hallway leading to the washroom. Trim is constantly coming loose throughout. I don’t think there is one drawer or door latch that lines up properly. I can go on and on. We do love the layout, the overall, the towability but have never spent so much for cheap quality and ridiculously poor workmanship on an RV before. Really,....shame on Keystone. I expected better.
- Grant Mitchell, Ontario

2020-02-08 2018 Forest River Sierra 387MKOK View Listings

We really like the floor plan and multiple bathrooms. It tows well. But the quality is not great but about what you would expect for a middle quality fifth wheel. We had the usual multiple problems after purchasing it and had to take it in to Camping World who took forever to repair. So I had to do a lot of repairs myself.
- Clois Moultrie, Missouri

2020-02-06 2019 Grand Design Reflection 311BHS View Listings

This RV is beautiful inside and out. Has lots of storage and could be used for recreational camping or full-time RV’ing. Many great features. Full size fridge, outdoor kitchen, very comfortable and roomy. One full bath and one half bath located in the bunkhouse area which is great for kids. Too many features to list.
- Margie, Texas

2020-02-06 2017 Forest River Wildwood Heritage Glen Hyper-Lyte 29RLSHL View Listings

Hello; 2017 Forest River Heritage Glen hyper lyt 299. Bad news; Only 4 trips out and we are out over $2000.00. First, all tip outs leaked,repaired. 2nd trip, electronic controller for schwintec was in stalled under bathroom sink, leak shorted it,, $800. Next; trip to eastern Washington in the heat, all 4 (4 ply oem) separated. $760.00 for 10 ply tires. 4th trip, fresh water drain hose managed to work its way down low enough to become a syphon on the road. We get to RV site, fresh water that was full is empty, $265 repair. Going to sell and buy something else, cant afford $700 or so for a trip of one or 2 days.
- Ed Bishop, Washington

2020-02-06 2019 Keystone Cougar 28SGS View Listings

We had a bad experience with the dealer and their service department. We are currently in Arizona with new trailer, laminating on surfaces including countertop pealing. Furnace quit on a 26degree night! Would not buy this as the construction and quality is terrible! VERY DISAPPOINTED
- Frances Warner , Ohio

2020-02-06 2008 Keystone Everest 322R View Listings

We have lived in this coach for 2 years and tow from the west coast to in New England. and love every day it’s a older but a good one . I would not be selling it but we bought a home and need to sell it so some one can get use from it
- Charles McKenzie , Texas

2020-02-06 2016 Jayco Pinnacle 36RSQS View Listings

Love the RV, although the Franklin furniture only lasted 3 years before it began to deteriorate. Jayco will not stand behind there product and after spending $90k it is very disappointing. Be aware of this before buying a Jayco product.
- Fred Collins , Louisiana