5th Wheels RVs Reviews (1,982)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with 5th Wheels RVs Reviews and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of these RVs.

CJ from Montana says:

Read More (1982 reviews)

Have you owned any 5th Wheels RVs? Write a review

Voted Most Helpful Review 2017 Grand Design Solitude 379FL View Listings

To start, the Sa lesmen talked it up of course. It does look nice, pulls well, and is livable. The issues I've had make me realize that the manufacturer doesn't build it to handle the road. All four leaf springs had to be replaced, one broke in half on the road, 2 others bent. This was from normal interstate, and campground driving. The other issues are light fixtures loose and ready to fall off, fenders loose, screws backing out, roof sealant cracked, gapped and ready to leak, wall in the rear storage compartment separating, bedroom slide stopped working directly after the shop had it all day, shaded don't go up, window cranks strip out etc.. The biggest issue is the dealership's service. I learned that I had to watch the mechanics while they worked on it or go around after they were "done" and inspect to make sure it was fixed correctly. After calling them out on faulty repairs, going back 7 times, some for the same issue, dealer told me they won't work on it anymore and I need to find another service shop. Wow, is all I can say. What about warranty, and forever warranty they brag about? Basically every time I left the shop there was another issue to go back for.. They did however fix some issues correctly, but all in all I am less then impressed. We'll see if the manufacturer helps me out.. Save yourself tons of headaches and time.
- CJ, Montana

2019-08-22 2005 Pilgrim Open Road 396RDDS-5 View Listings

I loved living in it. There was plenty of room for me, my wife, and my toddler son to live comfortably while we saved to buy our first home. We made some upgrades that made it more homey for us, like the dishwasher and washer/dryer set and the shelves for more pantry space. We really never had a problem with freezer space either since we added the deep freeze. All in all this RV was perfect for full timing, but could definitely be beneficial for long camping trips and vacations!
- Randy Gearhart, Ohio

2019-08-22 2018 Jayco Eagle HT 29.5BHOK View Listings

We purchased our unit in May of 2018. In October 2018 (yes...5 months later) we had the unit into the dealership for 40+ (yes...four zero - fourty) defects/work orders. Including (but not limited to) - Leak in 2 drains, propane tanks not properly fitting (resulting in a shim kit needing to be put into the door), 3 outside doors needing replacing (which, one got replaced and then had to be replaced a SECOND time), a register vent not cut out of the floor from factory (thought it was a missing piece of sub floor), underbelly had to come down for drain issues, outside fridge needing replacing - which, hilarious, Jayco sent the dealership a BROKEN fridge replacement, and my dealership had to then go and purchase their own fridge to put in there) plus tons more issues. Dealership Service Department has been Wonderful with all of the issues I do have to say that. Jayco's Eagle HT product however...Horrendous. And let me start by saying we are pretty understanding and patient people. Had that been the end of our issues, I would not be writing this. May of THIS year (RV 1 year old) we place our Eagle on a Seasonal Lot. You would think with the lack of the vehicle being driven down the highway, that there shouldn't be any issues. WRONG. 2 times we had to get a mobile repairman out to fix issues we had ALREADY had the unit into the dealership for. We would have had him out for a 3rd time, but instead we had a plumber friend replace the outside kitchen drain that wasn't plumbed in properly from factory so it started to leak. Patience has worn slightly thin to say the least. At this point, it is pretty clear that we have a lemon trailer and unfortunately, as a Canadian, we do not have many places to turn to for such a thing. AND I haven't even gotten to the best part. So Eagle owners, be sure to check the caulking around the slide out drip trays. As ours was missing about a 12" strip of caulking from FACTORY!!! What does that mean now you ask? Well, our beautiful wall now has an approx. 6+ foot strip of water damage above the slide out wall. Still waiting on this one to be fixed. Which I am sure with Jayco's "outstanding" warranty that it will be. As essentially, that is the only satisfaction you will receive by contacting Jayco customer support. Is hearing repetitively how they stand behind their warranty. As a consumer, I cannot comprehend how this is at all acceptable. We purchase an RV to enjoy ourselves. To relax and unwind. Literally every single weekend we have spent in our trailer since May of this year (which, we go at LEAST 3 weekends a month) we have had at LEAST one issue. Kinks? Pretty sure we are gone beyond trying to work out "kinks". So now, we have to remove our trailer from our seasonal lot, that we have paid for for the entire year and drive the unit 3 hours BACK to the dealership to repair this wall. When I asked the customer service rep about something for this inconvenience, as our storage fees and everything is included in this seasonal lot, I am told that is something I have to work out with my dealership. Like....what?!?! I am not sure where I go next, but I will be leaving this exact same review everywhere I can find. As someone who worked in customer service for WAY too long it is too hard for me to yell at someone on the phone, as essentially they are just the point of contact. I feel like my niceness has worn out...and that's a really shitty feeling. As I do feel like Jayco does have a beautiful product...but somewhere along the way they dropped the ball on execution. The person in charge of that execution - needs to find some accountability.
- Courtney , Alberta

2019-08-22 2019 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS View Listings

Have had this unit since Nov 2018 taken it out 3 time and have had it back in to dealer twice and still needs to go back again. Right from the start Refrigerator didn't work on electric only gas. Took it back a second time after being told it was fixed, it wasn't, went to pick it up the second time only to find it was still only working on propane, service tech spent an hour replacing electric mother board to get that working. Fire place went out after second use replacement is on back order. The outside entry door is hard to close service department said that the oiled the hinges and that should fix it. still would not close with out slamming and pops open when driving down the road. I asked the service department to look at the door again as I feel it shouldn't have to be slammed to work. After an hour of messing with the latch and the door receiver I noticed that that the door was actually bent or bowed in the middle so all the messing with the latch was for nothing. Service department took pictures of the door and said it might need to be re placed. Unit came with two heated vibrating recliners the heater on one didn't work service department said they would replace the controller when I picked it up was told that it had been replaced once I got it home found it hadn't been. On a positive note the carpet on the dining room slide was torn and they did replace that as well as some loose trim pieces. they also fixed the sticky bathroom door. I feel that having in the shop as many times as I've used it is a little much considering that the only authorized service center is 80 miles away.
- William Prill, Washington

2019-08-22 2015 Coachmen Chaparral 324TSRK View Listings

This trailer is roomy and lots of storage, everything works properly, no problems camping for 3 days with the storage tanks. We carry a portable tank to empty when there are no hook-ups. Love the beauty of the inside, double-sinks in the kitchen easy to wash & rinse, the shower is roomy, and the bed is comfortable. I haven't tried the electric fireplace this summer but I like it has one. If I needed I would install a washer & dryer. Since I don't live in it, I don't need one.
- Bonnie Lewis, Texas

2019-08-21 2011 Dutchmen Komfort 3230RK View Listings

Over all TV is built extremely well and seems to be much more durable than the newer models. The complete TV is aluminum frame and structure so for the size it is much lighter than the wood makes. For a lasting rv I would for sure look at Dutchman again.
- Toby, South Carolina

2019-08-21 2016 Keystone Cougar 333MKS View Listings

When we purchased the Rv we absolutely loved it! The layout is great and we own a 350 diesel so towing was easy! We did have some problems with a leaky shower which my husband had to actually fix! Fast forward to 3 years in and upon inspection of the roof my husband found a leaky roof where the seem comes together with the rubber roof meet! After my husband contacting the dealer they could have cared less! When my husband asked about the 12 year warranty they told him that was only for the actual roof so to caulk it himself!! 😳... we ended up calling Keystone directly and after talking with them they said the same thing! So now we have a leaky roof and a closet that the boards are all bubbled up from the water damage! Do not buy a Keystone! They could care less about customers.... Never will buy from them again! The seem is totally a part of the roof and should be under Warranty! Terrible customer service!!!
- Darbie Ross, Michigan

2019-08-20 2013 CrossRoads Cruiser Aire 28CS View Listings

I would not recommend buying a crossroads cruiser air the slide system is garbage the warranty sucks no help from the dealer I have used the slides roughly 10 times it's out and the track system is broke it's too weak for the slide very expensive to buy parts no one cares when the deal is done it's a big f you when you call to get it fixed
- BRIAN FOLEY, Alberta

2019-08-19 2018 Forest River Wildcat 34WB View Listings

Bought New. We liked the openness and cabinets and lots of storage - great. We are not full time rver's at this time, but do want to travel and spend time in it. Our issue: the poor quality and how uncomfortable the furniture in the living area is. You spend a day with kids or site seeing, want to prop your feet up and relax. It came with rocker, recliner chairs that swivel wherever they want if you try to recline them and difficult to keep them in a reclining position. The L-shaped couch is poor quality as well. (our last trip it walked away from wall) Forest River came up with an open-wide body floor plan then took up space with the L couch. So we went shopping, bought a two piece and a 3 piece theater seating, placed in camper in unit by a large rv sales company. Something wasn't right, returned to rv store. Service writer informed us slide on kitchen side not wide enough to accommodate this furniture and we should have been told that. The store removed and refunded the furniture. No solution for our delimma which leaves us with no other choice but to get rid of this fifth wheel since it is not meeting our needs for this season of our life and so far no one can help us solve this issue. Willing to purchase furniture for it but so far no solution found. Hope this helps others pick a rig that they will enjoy. Definitely no swivel, rocker recliners.
- Harold Meadows, Texas

2019-08-19 2018 Vanleigh RV Vilano 325RL View Listings

I wanted to step up in quality from the 5th wheel I had before. We wanted a unit that had good looks and good quality. Vilano is actually manufactured in Mississippi and not Indiana. Vilano's heritage comes from Tiffin Motor Homes and they have a great reputation. The Vilano tows extremely well with no bounce when you go down the road. The quality of the wood inside and just how it is manufactured is pretty awesome. The led interior and exterior lighting is state of the art, It looks huge inside because the ceilings are so tall throughout the 5th wheel. Super quiet and laid out well with a monster tv and fireplace right in front of the recliners. I would buy another one in a heartbeat and would certainly recommend Vanleigh Vilano's to any of my friends.
- Greg Minor, Texas

2019-08-19 2018 Keystone Cougar 369BHS View Listings

This is a very spacious RV plenty of options. We’ve had nothing but problems from D laminated slides warped moldings warped outdoor kitchen door cable TV issues broken thermostats we had to have a slide completely taken out and restored this is our second Keystone cougar,we are very unhappy with the quality and when I contacted Keystone directly they told me I have to leave room for error because they’re Put together by piece work.
- Jason, Massachusetts

2019-08-18 2015 Redwood RV Redwood 38RL View Listings

Great RV for full time living. Lot of space and cabinets. High quality features throughout the rv. Top quality full body paint. Full size Residential refrigerator. Very simple way to live in this RV.
- Becky, Florida

2019-08-18 2011 Keystone Montana 3455SA View Listings

We full timed it for 2 years in our Montana. My wife loved the kitchen. The high ceiling and opposing slide-outs in the living room area really gives it a spacious feel. Great storage inside and out. Nice solid hickory cabinetry and Corian surfaces throughout gives a quality feel. Comfortable bedroom and bath make living in the rig easy, and I'm 6'4". Tows well, parks easily. A great rig for full timing or snow birding.
- paulruth_100@yahoo.com, Oregon

2019-08-18 2019 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS View Listings

Poor workmanship! The RV has less then 500 miles. Screw worked loose in tip out 1 from the floor and gouged a hole in slide wall. Employees put to long of a screw in the front of tip out 1 and they ripped the rubber trim. Under the sink improper screws and the wood surrounding the hoses and elimination pipe and it and the wood pulled pulled out. The radio did not work which they replaced day 1. The curtain in the bedroom keep falling off. The plastic tray in front compartment is cracked in 2 places right side and I do not put weight in it. The front compartment left side leaks water, bad design. Easy accessibility, but should have a flap. The shower has a very cheap floor drain cover. I weigh 290 and my heal made it fold like rubber. I am sure they will cover everything with the warranty, but what a pain. Dealer is 3 1/2 hours away. I guess I expect more for my 45K. I can’t wait to see what the next 4 trips find. Come on a Grand Design.
- Kevin Lobins, Pennsylvania

2019-08-18 2008 Carriage Carri-Lite 36SBQ View Listings

This RV held up remarkable well. Only problem was with some gussets in the front area, factory picked up RV and made the repairs. Never a problem since. Tires were a little underrated for this trailer, replaced with a J rated tire and wheel.
- Stephen Coles, Texas

2019-08-17 2019 Jayco Pinnacle 36SSWS View Listings

August 17. 2019 Purchased our 5th wheel in Nov 2018. First big trip started June 4th 2019...travelled only 371 mi.the first day. Went to leave the first campground and large bedroom slide would not retract. Couldn't find any mobile RV techs as it was a Sat. Found one on Monday and it took 5 days to determine problem, order parts and get it repaired. Both motors needed replacing. Continued our trip cross country and now ready to leave this campground 2 months later and same slide will not retract. In addition to many what I would call "small problems" compared to this, we also found a crack on the outside near the bottom corner of the slide. One of the techs at Jayco said it's a design flaw that the "slide in slide" is too heavy and will take 3 weeks to repair it once we get back home. So here we are again...stuck, disappointed and frustrated. We are starting to regret the purchase of this Jayco 5th wheel! Unfortunately it's a Saturday so have to wait until Monday to talk to someone at Jayco. Would love to know if any other owners of this model are experiencing problems.
- Rebecca Goodwin, California

2019-08-17 2012 Open Range Mesa Ridge MF337RLS View Listings

Very comfortable traveling and vacationing in this Open Range , love it. I tow the Open Range with my F250 Power Stroke diesel. What a dream it is towing. The 2 Air Conditioning units keep it cool in the hottest weather and the furnace heats it up very quick and than we use the heated fire place to maintain the temperature. The shower is roomy. It is plumped for a washer dryer combo in the bathroom. The overhead ceiling fan in the kitchen is nice to.
- Robert Kerby , Texas

2019-08-17 2014 Prime Time Sanibel 3600 View Listings

THIS TRAILER IS THE INTELLIGENT CHOICE FOR COMFORTABLE LIVING. WELL INSULATED, WARM WITH A HEATER AND FIREPLACE. COOL FOR ALL SEASONS. IT IS PERFECT FOR A STARTER AND LIVING IN THE WOODS OR ON THE LAND. IT IS LIKE NEW AND VERY WELL BUILT, GENTLY USED AND CLEAN.
- PAM SUITER, Iowa

2019-08-17 2005 Alfa See Ya SYF35RL View Listings

It's a Cadillac of RVs. Very spacious, an excellent floor plan. Every single detail is accounted for, plenty of storage. 400 sq. feet. Feels like a small home. Double refrigerators, king size bed, great windows, gas stove, huge pullouts, washer/dryer hookups. A great RV overall!
- Irina, North Carolina

2019-08-17 2020 Keystone Avalanche 321RS View Listings

Love our Avalanche. Just spent 9 days in it and love it even more. It is beautiful and can fit all 9 family members to visit and eat. The king size bed is great and the storage is very nice. My husband tows it with ease. Easy to set up and enjoy. The appliances are top notch. This is our 5th TV and probably our last. We are very happy campers!
- tracy shepard, California

2019-08-16 2014 Prime Time Crusader 351REQ View Listings

Great product value for the price point. One 'major' (rear window replacement) and several minor repairs required under warranty within the first few months. All were handled as expected through dealer and Forest River. This floor plan is awesome for a couple, with large living/kitchen area, super sized washroom for changing clothes and getting 'ready'! Ideal for full time travel! Quick setup with the auto leveling!
- Malcolm, Oregon

2019-08-15 2017 Forest River Sandpiper 389RD View Listings

Our purchase of the 389RD began like every other unit we bought new. Lots of "issues" that had to be corrected by the dealer. All of ours were under warranty and we had no issues with warranty payment. Some of the items were design issues that someone should have know, like wrong size breaker for the landing gear. After a few trips to the dealer, we were finally up to where we needed to be on day one. We have now had the unit an additional 1+ years and no problems. Love the space, wife loves the residential refrigerator and pantry the light from the sliding patio door is great. Ours has a few upgrades that make it more comfy like King size bed, 2nd AC and 2nd TV, it sure makes "glamping" more fun......
- Bob Konst, Georgia

2019-08-15 2016 Heartland ElkRidge Extreme Light E292 View Listings

Poor workmanship. First year I had to replace the air conditioner and the water pump. The wiring and external antenna has never worked. I would never recommend this rv to anybody. Should have stuck with a Montana like I had before.
- Leonard Glasgow , Texas

2019-08-15 2020 Forest River Sabre 38DBQ View Listings

We purchased this unit while in California to full time from for the duration of my husbands military career. The floorplan is great, especially having two children. They have their own room with a door and their own bathroom with a tub! Plenty of storage in their room as well. More than the master honestly. The living room area is spacious enough and so is the bedroom. It has the capability for washer and dryer hookups, but for full time usage, that would mean getting rid of half the wardrobe. You'll also have to cut a hole in the side of your rig for the dryer vent as it's not already vented. We are thinking of a ventless washer/dryer combo to forego that. Having lived in it for about 3 months now, we've noticed some issues. Almost every cabinet knob is crooked. The trim work just comes out on it's own and we have to tap it back in. The backsplash in our bathroom wasnt measured correctly so it bows outward. We mentioned it before we left the lot and the guy offered to trim some off the top so it would lay flush with the wall but instead he just globbed more adhesive inside to try and get it to stick down. The wiring for the dvd player in the living room is completely sealed down into the woodwork. There's no way to access it if a cord breaks;like in our case, the video output cord broke off in the tv rendering the built in dvd player useless as it cant transmit the video to the tv anymore and we cant replace the cable on our own because all of the wiring is sealed.The wiring is also wrong and we cant turn off the outside speakers and it has blue lights surrounding them that are illuminated 24/7. None of the zone buttons on the remote work properly. It either shuts off all sound, or just the sound inside leaving the outside speakers on. The only "fix" was to fade the volume all the way to the inside. Our tanks were wired improperly as well. Tank Levers Outside Front gray lever = Gray 1 sensor inside Front black lever = Black 1 sensor inside, the only two correct. Rear Galley/Waste Water lever = Gray 2 sensor inside Rear Gray lever = Black 2 sensor inside, but gray water comes out. Black tank lever on our daughters bathroom side releases black water, but the sensor in her bathroom just says "waste" leading you to think it's for the waste water lever outside. Her black tank should go to the black 2 sensor inside. The king bed in our bedroom is able to incline and make more room in the bedroom walk space, well that's broken after 2 months of use and we have to physically push the bed up into its final position. The black tank flush ports are backwards. You would think the first one would fill the front tank, but it fills the back, and the one to the right of it fills the front. And lastly, the MyRV touch screen panel that does the auto leveling does only that. It has how to videos on how it can control the lighting, awning and show tank levels etc. but it cant even connect to wifi. One how-to video says click the "apps and internet" button to access all this cool stuff, but ours just says "apps" and in it we can only set the time on that panel and access electronic versions of the manual. To hook up to wifi it says to locate the wireless hub but we dont have one. Older models do, why not our 2020? Makes no sense. Everything seems so haphazardly and carelessly put together during its production and the only reason we chose this make and model was because it was the only one we could find that had the best layout for a family of 4.
- Adrian Baca, Oklahoma

2019-08-15 2018 Keystone Montana High Country 379RD View Listings

This is a great unit tons of room.. very comfortable.. has all the necessities need to camp or use a temporary home. I would recommend any Montana product extremely reliable easy to pull and set up.. Love the king size bed, the residential refrigerator with ice make.. the large screen tv. this unit is only been used twice with a total of 825 miles..
- Leonard Simmons, Alabama