5th Wheel

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with 5th Wheel RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

CJ from Montana says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2017 Grand Design Solitude 379FL View Listings

To start, the Sa lesmen talked it up of course. It does look nice, pulls well, and is livable. The issues I've had make me realize that the manufacturer doesn't build it to handle the road. All four leaf springs had to be replaced, one broke in half on the road, 2 others bent. This was from normal interstate, and campground driving. The other issues are light fixtures loose and ready to fall off, fenders loose, screws backing out, roof sealant cracked, gapped and ready to leak, wall in the rear storage compartment separating, bedroom slide stopped working directly after the shop had it all day, shaded don't go up, window cranks strip out etc.. The biggest issue is the dealership's service. I learned that I had to watch the mechanics while they worked on it or go around after they were "done" and inspect to make sure it was fixed correctly. After calling them out on faulty repairs, going back 7 times, some for the same issue, dealer told me they won't work on it anymore and I need to find another service shop. Wow, is all I can say. What about warranty, and forever warranty they brag about? Basically every time I left the shop there was another issue to go back for.. They did however fix some issues correctly, but all in all I am less then impressed. We'll see if the manufacturer helps me out.. Save yourself tons of headaches and time.
- CJ, Montana

2021-06-20 2020 Keystone Alpine 3700FL View Listings

My husband and I bought this in June of 2020 and has nothing but issues with it. We’ve had a tone of warranty issues. One of our biggest complaints is that there is no heat in the back. They checked it out and found the HVAC tubing was smashed and it was replaced but still no heat. Fresh water tank had no censor in it they installed then fresh water tank seal broke, blinds are only on a snap in place not screwed in, motor for the 50 amp plug stopped working, and now for some reason we have a water leak that filled up one of our light fixtures. We have contacted Keystone personally about the heat. They measure the heat and there should be a couple of degrees different well we had ours tested, first off it took 5 hours for the unit to get warm second they test was at least 4 to 6 degrees different but the furnace was constantly running. We had bought this a year ago and our 5th wheel has spent more time at Camping World for warranty issues than we have been able to use it. We are not getting the support from either place on fixing the heat issue and now we have a leak in the roof and this until is only a year old. My husband and I have waited for five years to purchase a 5th wheel and done our research however, I feel that we have received the run around on a unit that we spent 87k on this included having a generator installed and bought the 7 year extended warranty. We are very disappointed that neither Keystone or the dealership doesn’t take pride in helping their customers and to make things right. The heat still isn’t right and now we have leak in the roof!!! With this kind of money they should have a better quality than what it is. I have a feeling that we’re going to be out of a lot of money do to poor building or the unit and poor tech service. Maybe it’s time to contact an attorney!
- Tammie Pierce, Colorado

2021-06-20 2020 Prime Time Crusader 297RSK View Listings

We bought our camper brand new at the end of January 2021. We’ve had several minor issues since we bought it, and I have fixed them myself. We are on our 5th camping trip since we bought it five months ago, and during a typical Georgia shower, water begins pouring from the ceiling. I am not happy right now. You don’t pay this kind of money to have such issues.
- Tim Daugherty, Georgia

2021-06-18 2018 Grand Design Momentum 399TH View Listings

We are so unhappy with this rv. 4 years, 2 pin boxes, a new controller, brakes failed 3 times, brake wiring melted hydraulic system, and now broken down in Georgia with a broken leaf spring on a 2018 camper. Shame on you Grand Design!
- Jeffrey Schmucker, Pennsylvania

2021-06-18 2017 Palomino Columbus 386FK View Listings

When I first received notification from RVT regarding a unit I was interested in, I foolishly thought they would connect me with a seller. After a few days of nothing I emailed again to Laurie at RVT assuring them I was a cash buyer very interested....after many more of these emails to RVT with no response I gave up. I suggest you do not waste any time with RVT as they do not offer a timely service.
- Charles D Fournier, Tennessee

2021-06-18 2013 Forest River Cardinal 3450RL View Listings

We have a 2019 Cardinal Luxury Fith wheel. I bought it in late 2018 from Demontron, RV In Texas City. The quality of this unit is not what you would expect for a high in the wheel trailer. Multiple warranty issues and shoddy quality repairs. The worst part, after two year, the siding is eliminating. When I contacted Forest River I was told it was potential a upper frame issue and the warranty was on one year and they have no Financial obligation to repair.
- Jeffrey, Texas

2021-06-15 2020 Grand Design Solitude 310GK-R View Listings

We actually have a 310 GK (not GK-R-so we have no residential refer, we have the gas/electric refer). We are happy with the camper, the space, and the quality after one year - partially in Maine, partially in FL. Our Heat-both gas and heat pump-and A/C work fine. Our Refer struggles in the heat to keep the food temperature down. The only small problems we had after delivery included the gas water heater needed a quick fix to work on gas ($50). Using electricity, the water heater heated up the hot water very quickly. Also, a folding D/r chair was broken. Grand Design sent a replacement chair for no cost. The trailer tows beautifully behind a GMC 3500 with the diesel. My words of advice to all new RV owners - get a detailed checklist to go through when you do your walk through, and allow plenty of time. Check that everything works - perfectly. Expect things to go wrong after you have it-and make sure you have a good friend who can help you fix minor issues. Hopefully, you will not encounter any major issues. We are generally impressed with the Grand Design quality. But, then again, we have been camping a long time and we know all campers have their issues. Be patient and enjoy the outdoors. If you expect your RV to be perfect when you take it home or go on your first trip, you should probably not be RV'ing.
- John Brozowski, Massachusetts

2021-06-14 2019 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS View Listings

I really like the floor plan of this unit. However on our first trip after purchasing the unit in June 2019 the furnace went out on our way to Arizona. After arriving in Arizona, I spent numerous hours on the phone with Grand Design trying to get the furnace repaired. We were in Phoenix and experiencing the coldest December with record lows. I was told by Grand Design that we would have to take the unit to Mesa, Arizona for repairs. Grand Design said they would not pay for a mobile repair. I ended up calling LaMesa RV who is certified to repair the furnace and they sent out their mobile unit. LaMesa service department said they would deal with Grand Design and repaired our furnace as night temperatures were in the low 30’s. We received better customer service from an RV dealer who does not sell Grand Design then we did from Grand Design. Now we have a problem with the rollers on our number one slide and have to continuously stay in contact with our local Blue Dog dealer to get the repairs done. The dealer has to send pictures to Grand Design to have the repairs approved. The approval process for warranty work at Grand Design is an extremely slow process. I spent over two weeks calling daily to get the furnace repairs approved so I can only imagine how long this is going to take to get the approval to repair the rollers on our number one slide. We have been RVing for 30 years, this is our first and last Grand Design RV. It’s going up for sale in the Spring. I would not recommend Grand Design based on their poor customer service when needing repairs while the unit is stills under warranty warranty.
- Valerie Crafard, Oregon

2021-06-14 2016 Keystone Sprinter Wide Body 269FWRLS View Listings

This RV has always treated me well. I hate to get rid of it but I cant use two. I just hope the new one treats me as well. It was super easy to pull with my 3/4 ton truck. The wide body was fantastic with all the extra room.
- Dave Balvin, Iowa

2021-06-14 2019 Keystone Montana 3120RL View Listings

This is our second Montana. The first was a 2005 5th wheel. It was excellent. Decided to get a new one in 2019 and get ready for retirement. Our 2019 3120RL has been a real headache. Overall manufacturing quality is very poor. Unpainted corners on kitchen island and bathroom medicine cabinet, large pieces of extra material on window coverings, cabinet doors needing longer screws so they don’t fall off the hinges, rusty screws in shower door slide, have to vacuum saw dust up from floors and counter tops after each trip (front storage compartment too). We had to replace flooring in the living area and bedroom because of damage from slides (and it returned after being fixed), replaced a 50 amp fuse while traveling across country, had to replace the batteries (shot), fixed several dents and scraps from manufacturing. Waiting for Keystone to approve warranty repairs took months. The rubber around the slides leaves black marks every time we open them up (tired of cleaning that). The waste hose holder didn’t last - lid wouldn’t stay shut (new waste hose). Overall quality of materials is much lower than our older Montana. I worked in manufacturing for 40 years and understand the need to reduce costs every step of the way, but never to sacrifice quality. Keystone failed to do that. We are not happy campers. Especially after the cost to purchase.
- Kelly Sutton, Idaho

2021-06-13 2019 Forest River Cherokee Arctic Wolf 265DBH8 View Listings

This 265 DBH was not what it appeared to be. Liked the floor plan and appearance. But. Very poor workmanship. Looks like cheap inexperienced labor was used. I’ve had to refasten and add wall and floor molding because of the cheap floor covering, repair doors, fix plumbing. The dining table plastic covering came loose and I had to rebuild and resurface. Now the kitchen cabinet molded top is separating, water has gotten under it and the particle board is swelling. Going to have to replace. Very pissed every time I find something wrong. And I’m sure the problems are not over.
- Clark Langley, Arkansas

2021-06-13 2014 Winnebago Lite Five 30FWRES View Listings

8700 lb dry weight is easy to tow.love the opposing slides,they provide a 16ft wide living area. Lots of storage options. Quality aluminum frame construction. Bathroom is the perfect size, shower is large.loads of no frame windows for easy maintenance and great visual features.
- Brian Gigerich, Arizona

2021-06-11 2019 Jayco North Point 315RLTS View Listings

This expensive 5th wheel was purchased new from a Camping World dealer in Mesquite, TX. The purchase process was not really pleasant and we had a heck of a time getting them to fulfill their entire commitment to the deal. I finally had to drive my tow vehicle from south of Nashville, TN to Mesquite in order for them to finally install the proper auto-sliding hitch in the truck. It has been a disaster practically since we towed it off the lot. The large kitchen slide has never worked correctly and has cost us multiple service calls while traveling in an attempt to get it working properly. The electric fireplace died after using it a few times: it has been replaced; the water pump died similarly: it as also been replaced; the 3.0 6-point electric auto leveling system has been a constant source of issues, although, I must say the Lippert technical support people have been very good at talking me through the problems. The oven pilot light would never come on; had to replace the entire oven. Other non-Jayco issues include a flat tire on my first trip in the trailer and a blown tire on the third trip. All this being considered, once we made it to a campground, and if the slide out worked and if the auto leveling system worked, the unit has been quite comfortable and very livable. Incidentally, we have just recently gotten the unit home after it spent over 9 months at a repair facility. The prolonged repair period was due to extremely poor parts availability and delivery, greatly worsened due to the Covid pandemic. I'm sorry I purchased this unit, but I don't believe the quality of components and the quality control is much better on any units today.
- Robert D Nelson, Tennessee

2021-06-11 2018 Heartland Bighorn 3010RE View Listings

We traded in our new 2018 Keystone Cougar Half Ton Towable, for this 2018 Bighorn 3010. The difference was noticeable, as we had many rinky dink problems with the Cougar from the get go. The Bighorn has issues as well...we take it offroad, but overall, a better rig, with higher quality, and less worries. Overall, after talking to many owners, new RV's, in general, are poorly made and one can expect issues sooner than later. Inspect, inspect, inspect...before you buy ! Once your off the lot...your totally forgotten !
- paul safady, Oregon

2021-06-11 2018 Palomino Columbus Compass 298RLC View Listings

Worse rv we have had. Have been full time rv’ing for over 20 years, this is our 5th rv and the worse one. The design of interior is great and offers nice aesthetics but that’s where it stops. Since purchasing, starting from the very first day, we have had constant problems.....you name it, it has gone wrong. Leaks have been horrendous, not quite in it 3 years and still working on them, really concerned about what could be going on in areas we can’t see. We have had problems with everything....plumbing systems, sewer plumbing (still working on it), converter, trim, fresh water tank causing extreme bowing of floor and still trying to fix. Seems I wake up each morning to a new problem or continuation of an old one. Feel we definitely got a ‘lemon’ and definitely would not recommend its purchase. Not sure where the fault is........Forest River, Palomino, or Columbus..... but not a company to trust.
- Alice Hicks, Kansas

2021-06-11 2015 Forest River Rockwood Signature Ultra Lite 8289WS View Listings

Great Fifth Wheel Trailer, very roomy inside floor plan for a 32 foot trailer. Has opposing slide outs. Towed very nice down the road with my Ford F-250. Plenty of storage. Has a 15,000 btu ducted A/C. Angled entertainment center with surround sound very nice too.
- Doug, California

2021-06-09 2019 Keystone Avalanche 301RE View Listings

Pin hole in roof the rotted out corner of roof, out of warranty by two months. AC unit caught fire after 1 yr. slide roof torn because it wasn’t adjusted properly. Sliding door to bathroom fell off, fridge wouldn’t cool because of poor adjustment on door, stainless steel sink rusted around drain. Slides and levelers stopped working leaving me stuck with unit on truck. Very frustrating experience and one I will never do again. Next time I’ll by used. I’ve also had many small problems like moldings falling off and screws falling out but they were easy to repair.
- Douglas Gill, Florida

2021-06-09 2020 Keystone Raptor 356 View Listings

This was the first RV we have ever owned; what is the saying "Go big or go home?" Well we went big and did not regret our decision one bit. We are avid motorcycle riders and like to camp as well. So, we decided to get a 5th wheel toy hauler so we could combine both hobbies. We already had the truck to pull it, so just needed to find the right 5th wheel. We did our research, went to multiple dealerships, RV shows and finally decided on the 2020 Keystone Raptor. The model 356 is not the biggest Raptor out there, but it was the perfect size for us. It had all the amenities and creature comfort one could want. Our rig was not lacking for much if anything (it did not have a solar panel, but was prewired for it). We have traveled from the East Coast to the far side of Texas with it and did not have any issues with it. We have been to Western North Carolina with it and experienced no problems. The 11' garage had plenty of room for our H-D Tri-Glide (1,200 lb Trike). Once it was latched down to the floor, the Trike did not move. We still had enough room for other items. This Raptor can sleep up to 7-9 individuals, but it would be crowded in the main area. That is why we were glad to have the ability to change the garage into another room. Then there is the ramp that turns into a patio deck. Having the extra bathroom was a benefit as well. As for the warranty provided by Keystone, it was no problem getting work performed on it. On the first trip, we lost the "boomerang TV antenna" on the way home. Took it to the dealership and the warranty took care of it. The wife and I could not be more happy with this 5th Wheel Toy Hauler. Would suggest this to our friends.
- Dave W Garvey, North Carolina

2021-06-08 2017 Highland Ridge RV Open Range 368RLS View Listings

We have problems with soft spots in our flooring, it is a structural problem we have had no leaks. Was told by the manufacturer, they have a two-year warranty. We will have to repair and replace the floor structure, and replace the vinyl. Sounds like a lot of other owners have had the same problem. We pay way too much money for Highland Ridge not to step up and fix this problem.
- Robin Schreiner, Washington

2021-06-07 2015 Forest River Wildcat 317RL View Listings

As the original owner, we love this RV, especially the floor plan and outdoor kitchen. We had a hard time deciding to sell, but we need additional sleeping/bunks. Hard to find a living room this big and an outdoor kitchen for under 38 feet.
- Doug C, New York

2021-06-07 2017 Forest River Cedar Creek Champagne 38EL View Listings

We love the storage and the aesthetics. It’s a beautiful RV. The craftsmanship , not so great. They forgot to do some major things. The residential refrigerator was never fastened in. The king bed never bolted down. We had a crack in the exterior which we had to have repaired. It wasn’t covered under our warranty because we’re the second owners. There were several other things that were not right. It cost us thousands to get all things repaired. So look them over very very carefully.
- Lynn Shanty, Michigan

2021-06-07 2013 Keystone Montana High Country 318RE View Listings

This has a great floor plan. The main living area is open, roomy and feels airy with the high ceiling. When the slides are closed, access is easy to the refrigerator, numerous storage area, upstairs, commode, bath and shower area. There is abundant storage areas including a huge "basement" space.
- Ruth Wojck, Arizona

2021-06-06 2020 Dutchmen Atlas 3172RLKB View Listings

We bought a new atlas Dutchman 2021... Have used its twice and it’s the cheapest made camper I every owned ... water heater leaks, trim has popped out, awing is coming off track, toilet is lose , a/c sounds like a electric surge don’t turn off . Just to list a few things wrong with it I would never buy another one and would never recommend anyone to buy one thanks
- Mike King, Florida

2021-06-05 2019 Keystone Cougar 367FLS View Listings

First ad foremost, I would never buy another Keystone product again. Started having problems with the new double door Dometic fridge from day 1. It was loud. Loud enough to eep you awake at night. When Camping World couldn't fix the issue, Thats was it. Tried calling Customer service and al I got was week upon week of "Fluff talk". Camping World ever even took out a repair order on it. Thank God I have proof they worked on it. The issue has never been resolved. They talk you right through until your warranty is up, then it's "Talk to Dometic". ALSO, the floors are very flimsy. After the second year it becomes even more noticeable. Its not just mine neither. Our friend has a 2019 Travel trailer and his floors are terrible. I compare Keystone to the cheapest of the cheapest junk you can buy. I Wouldn't even try and sell this piece of $45,000 junk. I'll try and trade it in at some point at any place other the Camping World.
- DENNIS CANARIO, Rhode Island

2021-06-05 2014 Forest River Vengeance 396V View Listings

Love this rv, has plenty of storage/ room for our toys, gear, luggage, and people. Kitchen is great for socializing. Ac,s work great, keep it cool and it stays cool. Also has heat on the acts that work quick. For us it's a weel built unit. It also looks pretty bad ass going down the road!
- Cark, California