5th Wheel Reviews on RV Insider (2,598)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with 5th Wheel RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

CJ from Montana says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2017 Grand Design Solitude 379FL View Listings

To start, the Sa lesmen talked it up of course. It does look nice, pulls well, and is livable. The issues I've had make me realize that the manufacturer doesn't build it to handle the road. All four leaf springs had to be replaced, one broke in half on the road, 2 others bent. This was from normal interstate, and campground driving. The other issues are light fixtures loose and ready to fall off, fenders loose, screws backing out, roof sealant cracked, gapped and ready to leak, wall in the rear storage compartment separating, bedroom slide stopped working directly after the shop had it all day, shaded don't go up, window cranks strip out etc.. The biggest issue is the dealership's service. I learned that I had to watch the mechanics while they worked on it or go around after they were "done" and inspect to make sure it was fixed correctly. After calling them out on faulty repairs, going back 7 times, some for the same issue, dealer told me they won't work on it anymore and I need to find another service shop. Wow, is all I can say. What about warranty, and forever warranty they brag about? Basically every time I left the shop there was another issue to go back for.. They did however fix some issues correctly, but all in all I am less then impressed. We'll see if the manufacturer helps me out.. Save yourself tons of headaches and time.
- CJ, Montana

2020-08-11 2013 Forest River Blue Ridge 2950RK View Listings

We had a wonderful experience our fifth wheel. Floor plan works well, with kitchen in the back. No problems with towing and not to long. We did change the bathroom door moving the hinges to the opposite side. Bathroom has a big walk in shower and a walk in closet.
- K McCaw, Washington

2020-08-11 2017 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS View Listings

Note: we did not have a factory warranty but I had to fill in the ratings so I picked the middle one. I only purchased my first fifth wheel new so we could see if we liked the camping experience without having to factor in any issues from having a used one. Since then we've owned three more. I'm more than happy to let somebody else get all of the factory issues ironed out and suck down that first couple of years depreciation. We purchased this GD Reflection from a couple that had used it four times, then parked it after his eye surgery. He finally decided he didn't want to pull a trailer anymore so he put it on CraigsList and a greatly reduced price. We snapped it up. The only issue we had was that the grease seals during this manufacturing had turned out faulty on some units and they leaked. I pulled all of the wheels, installed new seals and cleaned and repacked the bearings. Only one was starting to get wet inside the brake hub but better safe than to find out later on I should have replaced them. This unit is much better quality than our (then) top of the line Forest River Cardinals (we had two of them).
- Robert, Washington

2020-08-11 2015 Grand Design Solitude 379FL View Listings

Hello,, do somebody have problème with sofas in the vr? Mine are all simili Leather ( I Thing) and is All coming off. I will like to send picture bécasse it’s a big problem and nobody want to help me, garanty Say talk to the dealer, an the dealer say it’s not is problem, because the new dealer buy the fist one.... Sorry for my english am franchement in montreal city Québec canada
- Martin picard, Quebec

2020-08-10 2020 Grand Design Solitude 380FL-R View Listings

We bought a 2020 380 fl solitude in July 2020. When we got it home the recliner chair didnt work so we had to not use it until the new parts came in which was after we had it parked back home. Floor plan was what we wanted for full time living. We took it out for the 1st time end of July for 10 days. Our son and his wife and 2 boys were with us. The trifolds were so uncomfortable that we folded them up and put a sponge on the floor instead. They need to get better trifold cause this is suppose to be high end. They should try sleeping on them and see what one night does to their backs. We checked out other RVs when we got done camping and they are putting in the cheaper furniture that you would sell in the lower end campers. We took pics of the cheaper camper furniture and the furniture is the same as ours. Sad we paid alot of money for this 5th wheel. Waiting to hear if grand design will change out the crap furniture they put in for a high end supposedly 5th wheel. Not happy and if they don't we will be trading it out for a Jayco where at least you get what you pay for. There trifold are so comfortable in Jayco pinnacles and the north points. Please check everything out before taking this solitude home.
- Correen , Saskatchewan

2020-08-10 2017 Highland Ridge RV Open Range 3X 309RLS View Listings

We just bought this 5th wheel use. Great floor plan and quality materials where used. But after using it I found the craftsmanship and quality control are really horrible. I have found many miner problems that were put together that way from the factory. One major problem is with the large dining slide out. Miss-installed which caused premature ware. Good materials but poor execution on the build. I would not have bought this if I knew all the problems. I would not look at a new one from this company, as soon as the warrantee is up all the problems show up.
- Erik Schirmer, Idaho

2020-08-10 2019 Keystone Montana 3790RD View Listings

Like the livability of my unit but many issues to start the adventure. 3 moldings popped off. Frig was missing shelves for 1 door. Clothes rod fell down in closet. 2 windows were missing shades. 1 aftermarket slide cover will not roll up. Antenna snapped & not covered by warranty. All within 7 days of purchase. Manufacturer only says warranty requires unit be taken to an authorized dealer & left a minimum of 6 days. Not suitable for someone living full-time in their product.
- Mike McDowell, Tennessee

2020-08-09 2018 KZ Durango 1500 D281RLT View Listings

This RV has exceeded our expectations. A good friend who works in the RV industry highly recommended KZ and he was definitely right. Lots of quality built in and the factory service was the best. Many wonderful memories were created but due to health issues we must find it a new home.
- Linda Santiff , Maryland

2020-08-09 2007 Keystone Montana Mountaineer 336RLT View Listings

We really like this RV: it was very comfortable and roomy. We spent many nights and weekends here for peace and quiet. This RV was never towed, it was on a permanent site. The only reason we are selling is my husband and I are getting up in age and find camping just too much for both of us.
- Shirley Shea, New York

2020-08-09 2019 Grand Design Solitude 385GK View Listings

We bought a brand new Solitude at the first of the year. Due to COVID19 the trailer was in storage until June. We stocked the trailer during this down time. Every time we went out to the trailer the battery was dead. When we hooked up the trailer to the truck to move it to a place where we could work on it the stabilizers failed to move. I leaned against a wall in the bed room and the lights went out. When we finally took the trailer out for the maiden voyage, the washer valve leaked gallons of water onto the floor. We found that the stabilizers had a short, there was a short in a light switch in the bedroom, the faucet for the washer was broken. Your quality control is horrible during your manufacturing process. After the maiden voyage with you elite trailer I would not wish the ownership of your trailers on to my worst enemy. The trailer spent weeks in the dealership for repairs (about 5 weeks to get repairs made) Slowest repairs at your dealership. Many of our complaints could not be duplicated in the repair shop so not everything was fixed. Will have to see on the next trip if these other un-fixed items were due to all the electrical shorts in the trailer. Spent over $1,000.00 for a Solar panel and additional battery. Worst trailer of the year award goes to Grand Design Solitude. Would give you less rating than a one, but your scale does not go that low. Thank you for your verbal concern. The dealer said nothing was wrong with the battery and they did not fix or repair the battery. They did sell me a second battery in an attempt to stop the dead battery every time we go to the trailer. I added the solar panel in an attempt to solve the problem myself. Will go out to the trailer this weekend and see if I have two dead batteries or if the solar panel will keep them charged. If you think all the issues have been addressed, then your wrong. Electrical shorts in a trailer are a dangerous situation and can cause a fire while we are in the trailer. You might want to address the bigger issue of quality control in your production line. If your people had tested the stabilizer system then they would have seen the issue before the trailer went on the market. Had your people inspected the dead battery issue before the trailer was sold then there would not have been any dangerous issue that the new owners would have to address. PUTTING PEOPLE'S LIVES AT STAKE WITH SELLING A TRAILER WITH NUMEROUS ELECTRICAL SHORTS IN YOUR PRODUCT IS UNACCEPTABLE.
- Mark A. Golden, Colorado

2020-08-09 2010 Keystone Cougar 324RLB View Listings

RVs are what you get when carpenters try to build trucks. The engineering on rvs is pathetic, no for thought on maintenance accessibility after manufacturing is complete. And EVERYONE complains about warranty work. Bottom line, you get what you pay for with Keystone, bad company management puts out a product that puts out a product everyone complains about when they turn to the company for warranty. Get your act together Keystone.
- Bill Porter, Oregon

2020-08-09 2020 Dutchmen Atlas 3172RLKB View Listings

I’m a full time RVer. This camper is junk. The appliances are junk. The tires are junk. The craftsman/workmanship is junk. I’ve owned this since September 2019 and it has been in for warranty work 6 times and we are no where near close to solving all the issues. The Floorplan is awesome. Very comfortable and if everything you look at too hard didn’t fall apart I’d be much happier. All the drawers are poorly assembled and nearly all of them the bottoms have fallen out. The appliances are extremely poor choices. Dometic refrigerator has failed twice and currently waiting a second warranty replacement on that. The Jenson entertainment center doesn’t have HDMI outputs to the TV. TV has the inputs??? Come on, this is 2020 and you use composite connections? Also the entertainment center won’t play BluRay discs??? DVD yes, BluRay no. Again this is a 2020 camper. At 7800 miles shredded my first tire. At 7950 shredded my second tire. Bothe had tire minder sensors on them and both were properly inflated. Again absolutely junk from components, materials and workmanship. Every single threaded plumbing connection has leaked until I fully tightened them. Everyone??? You do the math. The rear jacks were installed so that fully retracted they were only 2.5” above the ground. I’ve raised them to the highest and now are 6.5”. Inside the trim work is stapled so that there is no way it will stay in place. The window valances fabric is installed with approximately 350 staples or one staple ever 1/8”. This is not an exaggeration. All the plastic trim above the 3 slide outs have fallen off. The propane system had a leak under the camper and both tanks would go empty after 5 days with nothing inside using propane. If you buy anything made by Dutchman or Thor Industries for that matter you will not get you money’s worth or any quality.
- Mike Murphy, Idaho

2020-08-08 2018 Coachmen Chaparral 336TSIK View Listings

Draws and moldings missing. Lack of storage is incredible Toilet tank is crap and poop piles up. Must be cleaned daily. Paint fades almost immediately!!! Water line run haphazardly. Doors for propane tanks way too small and almost impossible to remove and replace! Total junk and their Factory service sucks!
- Ron, Oregon

2020-08-08 2013 Open Range Roamer 387RLS View Listings

This is are 1st RV purchase and Ridge Quality Motors made this experience very positive. It is a two hour drive to get to the dealer but they were very helpful in many areas. We was able to purchase the fifth wheel hitch from them and they stopped us from making a big mistake and told us what needed to be done before the RV would be Ridge Quality Motors. Thank you all!!!!!
- Steve Petrone, Florida

2020-08-07 2019 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS View Listings

Imagine, yourself  in a Reflection 337RLS fifth wheel, setup at your favorite RV park for a month or traveling for yrs.  You wake up near at your favorite campsite but you find it either too hot or raining, not to worry you can set up your chairs and sit under one of the two awnings while you decide to unload the outdoor gear from the unobstructed pass-through compartment.  Once you are finished getting your z's , you just may want to venture in for lunch, dinner, snacking or just relax on the theater seating-oh did I mention they are heated and vibrate! The Reflections kitchen allows you to make just about any meal you desire, in the full bathroom is a "must have garden shower- (seat in shower ). You will find plenty of seating for everyone to watch the 40" TV, and the tri-fold sofa bed allows you to invite overnight guests.  The Reflection line by Grand Design offers luxury along with providing easy towing with the aerodynamic front cap including Max Turn Radius to your favorite destinations. The Universal All-In-One docking station, LP Quick Connect, and One-Touch awning CONTROL  with LED LIGHTING, Lippert AUTO GROUND LEVELING Inside-one touch leveling ( nice ), you will find the bedroom is complete with a pillowtop queen mattress, a king size wardrobe, oversized underbed storage, W/D connection and much more!  The Arctic 4-Seasons Protection package allows you to camp anywhere and anytime of the year. This Grand Design Reflection 337RLS pulls incredible-when passed by a truck the REFLECTION does not sway at all even when passed by 2 trucks on Left and Right side.
- Rob Crenshaw, Texas

2020-08-06 2014 Forest River Wildwood Heritage Glen 336RLT View Listings

This 5th wheel is very open and feels like home. Really like this floor plan. It pulls like there is nothing behind you. Well built and had no problems with this unit . Have not had to use the warranty. I feel forest River is well made from top to bottom. The outdoor living area is big enough for multiple people, the awning is big and covers the outdoor Area from inclement weather . I would recommend this camper to anyone looking to enjoy Camping .
- Kevin , Kentucky

2020-08-06 2015 Keystone Montana 3611RL View Listings

this is another legacy package. We've had the rear axle bolts break, slide out constantly needs work, eats tires , mounding dall off, toilet not holding water, refer quit working, black water tank splitting leaving a hazard at the rv park, shower door handles falling off, hole in cap, waterheater not working on electricity, ceiling fan fell down, kitchen light fell down, ... Keystone said basically,kiss our butts, we got your money too bad you got a lemon.. Never buy any under the THOR BRAND..KEYSTONE, JAYCO,AIRSTREAM, KZ ETC.. BIGGEST HEARTACHE IN OUR LIVES..
- dan b, Nevada

2020-08-05 2020 Keystone Montana 3781RL View Listings

Loved the floor plan,wanted something to live and travel in, but in a couple of months the trim started falling down,from the heavy top rails to the light weight strips.The cheap bathroom faucets have tarnished. Strips of wallpaper coming loose. Controls are in a pantry cabinet,so the door has to be open to close slider and can be caught in slider and crushed. AC in living area does not cool well, oven does not keep temperature you have to stand by it and keep adjusting. Entry door very hard to open and close, and pops open during travel. Hand rail came loose, so does not help hold door closed. Keystone says oven is within normal parameters and AC is not supposed to cool more than 20° lower than outside temperature. If the temp gets over 100 outside the temp is high 80s to 90s inside. Dealer and Keystone think that's normal. Surely its not. Keystone and the dealer Tolliver RV sales only want to say the issues are normal and not take responsibility.
- Richard Johnson, Texas

2020-08-05 2021 Grand Design Momentum 376THS-R View Listings

Asking all friends and family to share this post *PLEASE HELP* We need this to go viral. Do not go to Campers Inn of Tucker GA!👎🏻👎🏻 We had first seen the fifth wheel camper that we loved at an Atlanta RV show about 2-3 years ago. We met the person that had designed the layout for the company. It was Campers Inn that had it at the show Forward to March 2020. We went to look at the camper again and worked with a salesman on the details. We needed to sell our house first and planned to become full time RVers. We sold our home and needed to be out by 4/22. We ordered our Grand Design Momentum 376 THS-R the end of April. We were told by the salesman that it takes 6-8 weeks for delivery. Due to Covid-19 the company would start manufacturing again the first week of May. We had to rent a house from a friend while waiting as we have two dogs and were only looking for something for 6-8 weeks, so we thought. After waiting the 6-8 weeks we called the salesman to see what was happening. After no call backs or responses to emails my husband called the sales manager. He said he’d look into it and get back to us. Nope! Not a word. We felt we deserved to know what was going on with our $126,000 unit. Where was it! When should we expect it? Finally the salesman called and said it would be in sometime between July 1-7. We started to plan on campsites to put it in figuring we would have it by 7/6-7 after the holiday weekend. So, the 7th came and no RV. We had to pay to cancel the campsite and also pay for rent as we were still in the house. We were told the 8th, but that Campers Inn needed 3 days to go through it, so we could get it on the 11th. New campsite reservations made and Oh also new appointments made to register vehicles in Florida. The date was delayed due to Covid-19 and delayed again due to a shortage of tractor trailer drivers, right! Paid to cancel campsite again and got new DMV appointments! We actually ended up getting it on 7/15 and dropping it off at another business to put the stackable washer and dryer in as they were $1,000 less than what Campers Inn was charging. During the waiting period for the RV we were told by the salesman that it may not have the camera system we asked for as the plant was out of parts and couldn’t hold up the production line. It did end up having the camera system and after much bitching, Campers Inn hooked it up free of charge. During the 2-3 hour walk through we noticed some issues with molding pieces not on or half hanging off. The person doing the walk through told us the repairs would be made, but he had been told to go through it quickly during their inspection. Really? The manufacturer and the dealer “supposedly” take days to go through the units to be sure everything is good to go, or so we were told!😏 So we waited for those to all be fixed! After living in it for a week we found many issues. Some small and some major. My husband called Campers Inn customer service a number of times, no call backs! He called Grand Design and got a case number and was told all issues would be covered. After many calls to Campers Inn, a serviceman gave us an appointment to bring it in. We were only back in town for 2 days. The day before the appointment the service manager called my husband and canceled the appointment. He went off on my husband and asked him who was paying for the work? He told my husband he cannot just tell them when we want an appointment and that with warranty work it would be at least 2 weeks before they could get us in. He then basically told my husband to take it somewhere else. Our solar system that we paid extra for is not working, our surround sound which was extra is not working, the door isn’t latching, a side compartment doesn’t lock, the toy hauler ramp could kill someone when it comes down and is not spring loaded to come down slow as it is supposed to, there is a piece missing on the arm of one awning, the One Control panel that runs everything is froze up, thankfully my husband can run it from his phone, the bedroom air conditioner sounds like a freight train when it comes on. The bed spread had a huge stain on it we noticed in the walk through so we are supposed to get another one. Apparently whatever was leaking soaked the memory foam mattress too and after 3 nights of sleeping on it, it had a huge dipped indentation where I was laying. We threw it out and put a new queen mattress in. Now we need a step stool to get up on it! Our retirement dream has turned into a nightmare. No one at Campers Inn will help us. They were all sooo nice before we got it. We are 2 weeks in now and searching for a mobile technician to come help. We have one, but we will have to pay up front and get reimbursed from Grand Design. Ridiculous! We have offered to bring it to the manufacturer in Indiana to get it fixed and we were told they wouldn’t be able to get us in until sometime in September.I wish we had read the reviews on this design!
- Larry Girard, Georgia

2020-08-04 2018 Heartland Bighorn Traveler 39FL View Listings

The irony here for me is that we traded in our 2018 keystone cougar 5er,which we had just bought new, and were having ALL the problems mentioned here...for a 2018 Bighorn 3010. Our new rig has lots of rinky dink problems,also, but not so bad.the rig is much nicer,and we hurried and used it a lot in that first year warranty period. We do go out in the desert, boon docking,so we account some problems to that...but, after many discussions with travelers in the Quartzsiteand Yuma area my theory is there are higher quality crews or shifts or bodies of workers, and if your fortunate enough to get a better crew, you won't have cabinet doors falling off and missing molding, and screws,etc...Its confounding, the poor quality is so widespread! One biggy for me was how many voices, on the forums , emphasized the PDI, pre delivery inspection...we did that big time, and had many small things done b4 we drove off the "lot where they forget you".
- P.J.Safady, Oregon

2020-08-04 2019 Vanleigh RV Beacon 40FLB View Listings

An RV with Great quality & tall ceilings makes this feel like a home. King bed, lots of storage, easy to clean floors, Ample lighting, easy towablity, & painted exterior all come together in this RV. VanLeigh has great products and is now associated with Tiffin MH!
- Karen Vandermolen, Texas

2020-08-04 2019 Highland Ridge RV Mesa Ridge 373RBS View Listings

I love the front living room arrangement for this rv. Especially the 50 inch tv. We installed a satellite dish to be used when the rv parks have poor TV or has poor programming. Has a king bed and lots of closet space. We especially love the large master bath. All in all this RV has exceptional storage inside and especially the under storage areas. We installed a Reese Sidewinder king pin so a short bed truck can make those tight turns without worry. Having to sell due to health issues.
- Leon Hays , Arkansas

2020-08-04 2015 Heartland Bighorn 3270RS View Listings

We purchased a 2015 Heartland 3270RS Bighorn new off the lot after we had looked at them in RV Shows. We fell in love with the floor plan and the durability of the coach. We have had few problems like bedroom slide not operating correctly but after taking it to the dealer and they could not figure out what was wrong as it never did it again, we experienced the same issue once again and I self diagnosed the problem as a loose twisted wire with a wire nut that was not very well secure making intermediate contact. (Fixed) Slide toppers are after market so I can't fault the manufacture but the dealer did a poor job of installation. The biggest problem we have had is a crack in the fireglass above the rear slide toward the front of the coach, it ends up being a weld within the frame of the RV that has come unwelded, we had to have the slide removed, and internal walls disassembled to re-weld the aluminum weld, and then have the fiberglass repaired, we thought that after a $6,000 bill it was behind us well, the crack has re-appeared but the shop we had to work done warratines the work so its back into the shop again to see what the repair will be. I contacted Heartland but they did not return my requests for reimbursements of the repairs. When you purchase a high end RV you expect it to be of good quality and will last a long time, 5 years is not a long time, we don't manhandle our RV and do not take it off road so it was unexpected that we have a crack in the fiberglass, it needs to be repaired or it would lead to water infiltration and then delamination. I am happy with the RV as it is the right size and comfort for us but the high cost of repairs puts a pinch in our enjoyment of our travels wondering what will break next.
- Russell McFall, Texas

2020-08-04 2017 Keystone RV Sprinter 334FWFLS View Listings

We fell in love with the floor plan that gives you 4 distinct rooms: front living room, kitchen, bathroom and rear bedroom with direct access to the bathroom. After 3 years of ownership, we like it even more now. If you are looking for a spacious front living quarters 5th wheel, this should be on your list. It comes with a lot of features for their mid grade unit, so I really like the overall value...
- Steve, Tennessee

2020-08-04 2020 CrossRoads Volante 270BH View Listings

The workman ship is poor. The quality is very poor. The slide out leaked within 2 days of having it. The fuse blew in the refrigerator at the same time. The bathroom showers leaks. The antenna that is suppose to be state of the art is trash. Cannot get more than 3 channels, where we got 28 in the same spot with our 2012 Razor back. Communication is not an option. Dont buy a crossroads.
- Cheryl Averitt, Texas