5th Wheel Reviews on RV Insider (2,749)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with 5th Wheel RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

CJ from Montana says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2017 Grand Design Solitude 379FL View Listings

To start, the Sa lesmen talked it up of course. It does look nice, pulls well, and is livable. The issues I've had make me realize that the manufacturer doesn't build it to handle the road. All four leaf springs had to be replaced, one broke in half on the road, 2 others bent. This was from normal interstate, and campground driving. The other issues are light fixtures loose and ready to fall off, fenders loose, screws backing out, roof sealant cracked, gapped and ready to leak, wall in the rear storage compartment separating, bedroom slide stopped working directly after the shop had it all day, shaded don't go up, window cranks strip out etc.. The biggest issue is the dealership's service. I learned that I had to watch the mechanics while they worked on it or go around after they were "done" and inspect to make sure it was fixed correctly. After calling them out on faulty repairs, going back 7 times, some for the same issue, dealer told me they won't work on it anymore and I need to find another service shop. Wow, is all I can say. What about warranty, and forever warranty they brag about? Basically every time I left the shop there was another issue to go back for.. They did however fix some issues correctly, but all in all I am less then impressed. We'll see if the manufacturer helps me out.. Save yourself tons of headaches and time.
- CJ, Montana

2020-10-19 2012 Heartland Bighorn 3670RL View Listings

We bought this 5th wheel because of Heartland's reputation for quality and service we compared this floor plan to another manufacturers model with this same floor plan the fit and finish of the Heartland was superior to the other manufacturer. The first time we used this RV we discovered just how easy site setup is once unit is onsite it takes approximately 15 minutes to completely set it up and start relaxing. We especially like the lay out of the kitchen lots of storage and lots of counter top space for meal preparation. The living room is spacious with a queen hide a bed and two rocker recliners and the elec. fireplace is especially nice on cooler evenings it give off that nice ambience of a fire and it also heats the livingroom and kitchen area very well. We also really like the the 60" shower has plenty of room it has a molded seat and glass doors. The bedroom has a super comfortable residential king size bed, has its own a/c unit and TV. Closet goes completely across the nose of the unit with washer and dryer hookups. We also love the huge basement storage area. The black water tank has a rinsing system that works really well. It has cable tv hookup and land line phone hookup.
- Rick Bay, Indiana

2020-10-18 2015 Redwood RV Redwood 38GK View Listings

Incredible amount of storage for full time living. Pulled over 15,000 miles a year with minimal issues. Especially liked stopping power with Disc Brakes. Did not care for induction cooktop but loved residential refer. Automatic 50 amp cord reel is an outstanding feature.
- ronald_russell, Oklahoma

2020-10-16 2020 Heartland Landmark 365 Phoenix View Listings

This is my 2nd rv, I had it a 2018 Jayco travel trailer and I never had any issues with it, we want it to upgrade to a high end RV and we love the landmark however this piece a crap that I spent $126k is not worth it, we have all kind of issues with it, the 3 a/c only 1/2 of the rv was cooling off, the dining table has a huge screw sticking out and almost cut myself, the radio wasn’t working, the dyson vacuum Was missing the canister cover and I couldn’t use it, one of blinds didn’t work, the toilet wasn’t holding the water, also the shower doors wasn’t closing properly and water was leaking in the floor, the king side bed is too big for the room and is hard fix the bed in the morning, one of fender that cover the tire was loose, also on the top of the room one cap for the pipes were missing... we took back the RV to get the problema fix and they couldn’t fix the a/c because they need a permission from the manufacture’s engineers to see how they want It to have it fix...so dissatisfied, disappointed, so much money wasted on this piece crap. I should it read the reviews before buying.
- Luisa, Florida

2020-10-15 2016 Prime Time Crusader 380MBH View Listings

Excellent RV, great customer support when I need to repair some items. Was able to call and get part numbers and then go to dealer and get the parts I needed. The floor plan is excellent, we have not had any issues with ours but normal maintenance has kept it in perfect shape. We love the Primetime Crusader. Every RV has its issues you just need to be willing to maintain it.
- Ryan Napalo, Mississippi

2020-10-15 2021 Grand Design Reflection 29RS View Listings

This is an update from my prior review. The overall quality has been quite good, but I am very disappointed by the interior choices that were made. The Thomas Payne (Lippert) chairs have heat/vibrate/blue light functions that are controlled by touch switches in the cup holders. There is no obvious off position for each; you have to keep tapping them while seeking the lowest setting. And the heat and vibrate are constantly turning on inadvertently. No manual forthe chairs was provided. I’ve unplugged them and resent having paid for such a tacky feature. The Roku TV falls back to noisy advertising of what a great product it is whenever I’m not looking. And the combination of it and the Jensen sound system is not at all user friendly. There are a couple of dual USB power ports, one in the hutch and another over the bed. Only one port in each works due to poor connectors. To make matters worse, the ports won’t suuport two 2.1A loads at the same time. I’ve replaced one with a similar $8 product purchased from Amazon. I’ll do the other one next weekend. And, the big fancy microwave turns out to only be rated for 900W and is slow as molasses when heating at full power. In short, very poor choices in appliances were made. The 29RS otherwise is quite nice so far.
- Charles Rollman, Colorado

2020-10-14 2019 Keystone Cougar 368MBI View Listings

We love the layout and decore, but Im not impressed with the dual fuel Dometic refrigerator. Very spacious living area,and the heating/ac systems are sized right. However the toilet is not user friendly especially if your a guy. And for kids to use it, the toilet is too tall for them. So overall would we recommend getting this camper, yes! Its a great rig for a family!
- Rene, New Hampshire

2020-10-13 2020 Forest River Sandpiper 379FLOK View Listings

-Refrigerator had standing water in the freezer while it was still on after 2 days -ice maker did not make ice in 2 days and the trays never filled -Refrigerator leaked water into the floor during travel on the road due to refrigerator freezing up -TV cord caught and cut in two by the actuator -RCA cable for sound bar caught in actuator and cut in two -Flooring in front of the refrigerator is peeling up -2 top drawers in bedroom beside of bed doesn’t “soft close” nor do they seem like they will stay closed -air conditioner vent falling out in the bathroom when traveling down the road -awning looks like is has pulled loose on the left hand side -flooring in front of refrigerator slide is torn in front of the refrigerator and the island -fuse for the fan in the kitchen is missing -remote control for the electric fireplace is missing -screen door at the bathroom does not latch when separated from the regular door -outdoor shower hose is missing -1st drawer to the left of the island does not “soft close” and will not stay completely shut -Black water tank flush does not allow water to go into black water tank. It just holds pressure until the hose is taken loose. -Black water tank will not completely empty. This is a brand new camper and all these problems have turned up after two weeks of ownership. I contacted Forest River and was told they would pass along my concerns and issues to the GM, Plant Manager and Quality Control. HA! Really? No response from Forest River! I am extremely disappointed and frustrated in my experience so far.
- Chris Sexton, North Carolina

2020-10-13 2012 Dutchmen Infinity 3640RL View Listings

Worst experience of our life! We went and picked it up and the slide outs didn’t work. Had to take it 30 miles back for repair. Electrical problem. Went to go to a campground again.... no luck. Now the jacks won’t go down. 37 !!!! Calls later we found some local person to help us. No one at Dutchman cared.....and you could tell. Don’t ever buy one of these. I have a two month old camper that I can’t even use. It’s a piece of junk. The customer service is horrible and the workmanship is worse. I want a refund. I’m calling my lawyer tomorrow. This is a scam. This is 2012. Not old. What the hell,,
- Laura Meyer, Maryland

2020-10-12 2016 Keystone Montana High Country 375FL View Listings

We liked the floor plan. The biggest issue we had was the bedroom closet at the rear of the camper. One the first trip out any items placed on shelf fell off and the shelf dropped down due to lack of support. The clothes bar completely bent making it completely useless. I called keystone to report this design flaw and they took my information but never heard anything back from them. We reinforced all of the shelves and placed a center support for the top shelf. So far no issues with that any more. The front air conditioner did not cool down front part of camper and had to be taken to dealership for repair. The fireplace heater had to be replaced after just a year. There were no manuals provided for camper or lift system. I did have an issue with an error code on the lift system during a camping trip. Thank goodness I had tech person from dealer on speed dial. They were very knowledgeable and helpful.
- Johnnie O. Yother Jr., Georgia

2020-10-11 2021 Redwood RV Redwood 3991 View Listings

I took delivery of this R/V 5th wheel in july of this year 2020. The first time I took it for a "shakedown" cruise was September. It can only be considered a disaster right off. The first time I opened the slide's of which four are hydraulic and one bedroom electric this brand new unit that was ordered with every conceivable option offered. Broke wood in four places!! Not at all what I expected. I traveled from a suburb of Philadelphia too New Hampshire. I stayed in the unit eight nights and left for a couple week's to go back home to tend to some personal issues. Upon returning in daylight the first thing I noticed was insulation laying atop the axel's. Apparently the island has leaks in the sink or dishwasher or both. My daughter who lives up that way came over to dinner at which time I pointed out the damage that ocured upon opening it. She was quick to point out the island base was also broken and cracked. Later on this three night visit before bringing this back home I opened the pass through which while where the water hose was fitted was dry however the storage had been flooding causing screws to "pop" loose as the wood is water logged and now rotted. Of the service centers (3) that were close by. Within 100 miles upon calling for help the first question asked by all is "did you buy it here". When making the decision to buy one of the most feel good things were that with over 500 service centers your never more than around the corner for service. This is a blatant lie as once they know you didn't buy from them it's "maybe next year we can get you in!!! 500 service centers turns out to be the one I bought it through and having paid for this in full R/V wholesalers made threats against my wellbeing and I had to call 911 both to get it out of there but to do so without being shot to death. I studyed for five years before deciding on the RedWood and after countless R/V shows made the choice to buy the RedWood. A decission I have already come to regret. The number of items wrong with this is far too much to list yet of those 500 service centers they are useless to the consumer. So much for that feel good to know about their being Johnny on the spot!!! I just have to add the following from an ironic sense of humor point of view. This company that makes eight brands in all miss labeled the black and two gray water tanks and the techincal support team has no idea which is which. Yup I doubt anyone of this crackerjack team have ever even been in what as a consumer was looking for help with!!! Not within an exception was this team capable of providing the most simpel answer having to do with any concern I had. Any question's I had. Nothing at all.!!! Honestly not only this group of kids but far worse the manufacturing devision could tell me what was black/gray of the three tanks as two were labeled black and one gray and all were WRONG!!!! how is this even possible?? There are common seense items such as where you opperate the front lift to aligne with the hitch your too far back to somuch as see where you are with respect to attaching the hitch. You must do this blind and in the dark!!! I mean holy (#@
- Alfred Dark, Pennsylvania

2020-10-11 2018 Forest River Cherokee Arctic Wolf 305ML6 View Listings

Biggest piece of shit I have ever owned. Being only two years old the shower does fall out of place. The plastic that holds windows in place is warped from the sun and windows don’t stay in place. Propane lines leak propane! Screen doors screws are stripped out! Warranty sucks shit. Poorest built campers do not buy this junk!
- Bruce Nepper, Wyoming

2020-10-09 2020 Forest River Sabre 36FRP View Listings

The floor plan is great! But I purchase new And out of the 14 months I only had it in my possession about 5months This unit has had massive water leaks Windows, roof, slide out and carpet replaced, constantly on phone trying to get it fixed Yes Forest River approved warranty repairs including total new roof on a NEW unit....I didn’t buy it for it to stay at the dealership for Constant repairs Only to be told no warranty on the new roof replacement, after Forest River Rep they would, They approved dealership to place roof because it was to far for they to take back to manufactory”what” and then Rep said never stated extended warranty because Forest River didn’t do it!!!! That was their Decision I would never recommend anyone to buy Forest River brand!!! Lemon for sure
- Cindy Raulerson, Florida

2020-10-09 2012 NuWa HitchHiker Campagne 38CKRD View Listings

It has no warranty now. This a great floor plan it has so many windows it feels great to see such great views and openness it feels like a condo. We will miss this rv it’s best floor and unit we have owned we have Had 3 hitch hikers. Nuwa mfg built quality units for full timers. It’s a fully contained unit good for keeping warm or cool we have been from conditions from over 100 to zero.
- Don Gertz, Texas

2020-10-08 2015 Forest River Rockwood Ultra Lite 8280WS View Listings

Forrest River is the best brand RV we have ever owned we have owned several and have been please with Forrest River it is made more solid and better construction. This rig pull straight and steady. The live ability is excellent there are more cabinets that usual in a rig this size. the living room is spacious with the flat screen and fire place it is very comfortable.
- teresaclevenger, Alabama

2020-10-07 2019 Grand Design Solitude 375RES View Listings

Grand Design makes an exceptional product followed by their over-the-top customer service. They believe in their product and it shows. I could see myself living in my 375RES with my husband full-time. It has 3 separate living areas(Living, Bedroom and Kitchen) so you don't feel like you're living on top of each other. We love our RV!
- Kristol Vasquez, Texas

2020-10-07 2019 Keystone Cougar Half-Ton 30RLS View Listings

Poor customer service , paid for warranty they won’t cover anything. There is a leak since we purchased.They want to charge us.turn heat on air comes on not sure 🤔 who to call.we hate camping world .rip offs Hanover PA
- Debra Trostle, Pennsylvania

2020-10-06 2018 Keystone Alpine 3501RL View Listings

I have traveled with and lived in it for 3 years. I recently decided to quit the RV life and I am now going into a gated community so it is now for sale. It has been a wonderful experience. If this is your dream, now is the time to take it and run.
- Janice Robertson, Florida

2020-10-05 2019 Keystone Montana High Country 331RL View Listings

Great RV for anyone thinking on long term stays. Plenty of room and set up for long term stays. King size bed and full size closet with washer dryer hookups. The bathroom has a double vanity and large shower. The kitchen is spacious with an island and residential refrigerator. table with 4 chairs. Heats and cools well and keeps you comfortable. Large basement storage and prewired for solar and generator. I pull with a F250 diesel and it is easy to pull and handle. Would not sell, except for health reasons.
- David Winkler, Nebraska

2020-10-05 2007 Keystone Montana Mountaineer 336RLT View Listings

This has been a very enjoyable and liveable RV. Well set up and layed out. Liked the BR with toilet in an enclosed area w/sink. 2nd sink outside of this area with shower. Easy to tow and lots of storage inside and out. Beautiful wood cabinets and beautifully decorated. Reason for sales is we are in our advanced age and have stopped camping. I would recommend this RV to anyone. Excellent condition, never towed, permanent lot.
- Shirley Shea, New York

2020-10-05 2019 Outdoors RV Glacier Peak F26RKS Titanium View Listings

Pulls great, all season livability, solar package is awesome, interior quality is good, very few issues since new. The bed is extremely comfortable. Overall it's a very nice 5th wheel with everything you ever need, tow your home to wherever you want to go.
- Greg, Colorado

2020-10-04 2007 Keystone Montana 3075RL View Listings

We absolutely loved this RV and traveled the country with it. Everyone wanted to see inside once we parked since we had the new lightweight shutters put in. And once they saw how open and light everything was with the wood walls and ceiling, they were doubly impressed. Some asked where we got our ideas for the remodel as they had never seen one so nice! And everyone loved all the extra storage! Many thought we should go to the Montana and give our ideas directly to the builder for their new rigs. What great compliments!
- Lsdoughty, California

2020-10-03 2020 Keystone Montana 3720RL View Listings

We purchased our 2020 Keystone Montana in July 2020. We sold our home and became a full-time rv couple which we have planned for a while. The first night we moved into our brand new home, the problems started. The hydraulic motor went out that very day. We couldn't get it taken care of for 8 days. The blinds are literally falling apart and off the walls. Trim is falling off. The bedroom door doesn't even fit. It is smaller than the door frame. The bathroom floor is peeling up. The toilet lid fell off. The sofa bed is so tipped that we cannot use it to sleep on. A few days ago my husband was in the shower and heard and felt a huge boom and then heard a rush of water. The drain pipe somehow separated from the gray tank and now we cannot use the shower. This has been a nightmare and we are sick that we paid 70,000 for this piece of junk. We are hopefully getting some of these issues taken care of this week. The workmanship and quality of this 5th wheel is terrible!!
- brenda, Idaho

2020-10-03 2018 Highland Ridge RV Open Range 3X 374BHS View Listings

I kept this RV parked in one spot For two years and loved everything about it . The size of the MBR was amazing along with the full bath. Having an additional half bath was awesome . The kitchen area had a great layout with a gorgeous island . The seating area was expansive a s allowed several combinations for seating and tables . The bunkhouse was plenty of room for my grandkids and had some neat features such as USB power ports . Easy to live in and plenty of room with huge storage spaces underneath .
- Lena Warner, South Carolina

2020-10-01 2020 Jayco North Point 377RLBH View Listings

We have owned this model for just over a year. It has been an excellent quality product. The only issue we have had as we traveled was with a short in one of the fuses to a slide and it was covered by warranty and reimbursed by Jayco. We enjoyed the tall ceilings - The AC kept it cool enough even on the hotter days and the heat (electric and gas) kept it warm through winter months. One of our favorite features have been the large windows for some great lakeside views.
- TJ deJong, Texas