5th Wheels RVs Reviews on RV Insider (2,229)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with 5th Wheels RVs Reviews and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of these RVs.

CJ from Montana says:

Have you owned any 5th Wheels RVs? Write a review

Voted Most Helpful Review 2017 Grand Design Solitude 379FL View Listings

To start, the Sa lesmen talked it up of course. It does look nice, pulls well, and is livable. The issues I've had make me realize that the manufacturer doesn't build it to handle the road. All four leaf springs had to be replaced, one broke in half on the road, 2 others bent. This was from normal interstate, and campground driving. The other issues are light fixtures loose and ready to fall off, fenders loose, screws backing out, roof sealant cracked, gapped and ready to leak, wall in the rear storage compartment separating, bedroom slide stopped working directly after the shop had it all day, shaded don't go up, window cranks strip out etc.. The biggest issue is the dealership's service. I learned that I had to watch the mechanics while they worked on it or go around after they were "done" and inspect to make sure it was fixed correctly. After calling them out on faulty repairs, going back 7 times, some for the same issue, dealer told me they won't work on it anymore and I need to find another service shop. Wow, is all I can say. What about warranty, and forever warranty they brag about? Basically every time I left the shop there was another issue to go back for.. They did however fix some issues correctly, but all in all I am less then impressed. We'll see if the manufacturer helps me out.. Save yourself tons of headaches and time.
- CJ, Montana

2020-01-17 2018 Forest River Cedar Creek 38EL View Listings

I love everything about this RV. After living in another one first I found out what I needed to live comfortable. You dont know till you get in one. I looked for a while driving even 5 hours away. There are lots of RV's out there. But this one met all my wants..(Things I love most) 1. The beauty for sure. 2. The quality it which it is made. 3. The room. I knew I wanted a bathroom that I could move around in, get dressed in that my arms and legs weren't hitting the walls. Bedroom that could walk around my bed(a must) 4. Storage. I have so much storage (another must) 5. Hot water on demand (a MUST ) hot water for as long as I want it 6. Keyless entry (love) 7. Beautiful wood cabinetry with drawer (no trying to reach back of cabinet) 8. Large double sink 9. Residential Refrigerator 10. Residential size porcelain toilet. So easy to pull and rides so smoothly. Its GREAT !!
- Martha McCormack , Texas

2020-01-17 2016 Prime Time Sanibel 3901 View Listings

I fell in love with this RV and the floor plan. I have however had nothing but problems with this unit. The underbelly filled with water due to a grey tank not being connected correctly. It was winter, so it froze and destroyed wiring and heating pads. The fittings on the hot water blew apart, filling the under belly with water. after one road trip of 400 miles, several pieces of trim (walls and ceiling) worked loose due to not being properly fastened at the factory. It was Flex Tested and found to be outside the limits. Crown modeling was not cut correctly at the factory and had to be replaced. The kitchen slide wall has a huge square hole, that sunk into the side, delamination is what the called. The whole was had to be replaced. There is delamination all over the RV. the floor supporting the all in one washer/dryer fell through, after taking it apart it was found there were no center supports underneath it, and the edge supports were put together with staples that pulled apart. The bed supports were not cut to the correct length and causes the slide to move before the bed goes with it. The clear coat on the front cap has broken down and now requires repainting. The underbelly cover is nothing but cheap couragted plastic that has been replaced several times. Floor mounted heat registers are in holes that were cut too big, so the screws do not hold them in place. Stripped screws in the living room slide causes fuses to be blown anytime the slides were moved. The entire Cable/Sat wiring had to be rewired due to failure after the first road trip. I am truly disappointed in this unit. I purchased this brand new.... buyer beware of Prime Time and Forest River!!!
- Dustin Owens, Colorado

2020-01-16 2020 Vanleigh RV Vilano 385RD View Listings

DON'T BUY A TIFFIN VANLEIGH 5TH WHEEL! WE bought a 2020 Beacon 39fbb have had over 50 issues since we picked it up 4 months ago. Slide on vanity has gotten stuck 3 times and still IS! We are still waiting for parts! There are so many problems we can't believe what a pile of junk it is. We will get our money back With our lawyers help...
- Eric, Arizona

2020-01-15 2019 Forest River Cherokee Arctic Wolf 315TBH8 View Listings

Bought a new RV. Window shades fell apart, the cieling fan blew sparks out of it and stopes working. The trim inside is buckled. The lack of quality after paying 42,000.00 is in acceptable. Our furnace went out after owning it for 3 months. Bought it in Utah and live I. Colorado. Can't just bring it on in every time it breaks. Took delivery in August 2019 Dec 2019 no furnace. Mother board was rusted. Stoped working during sub freezing temps. Had to run space heaters. Water pump froE cracked housing. Dealer after I told them the board was bad took over a week to mail one out. Don't care if your freezing. This is not a quality product. Made in America by people who don't care about taking pride in what they do.BUYER BEWARE! This product is not quality driven. Cheep and awful craftsmanship. Very very disappointed. Do your research.
- Michael, Colorado

2020-01-13 2019 Grand Design Solitude 310GK-R View Listings

My wife and I had a very nice Forest River Blue Ridge for several years, but unfortunately, several minor inconveniences and shortcomings caused us to look for a replacement. A Grand Design Reflection was on our short list when we bought the Blue Ridge, and my wife was immediately drawn to the Solitude this time around. Our only real limitation was overall length due to the available parking area on our property, and the 310GK-R was ideal in that regard. We are completely satisfied with the Solitude's quality and design. We ordered the unit with a queen bed and did not desire a washer/dryer or dishwasher, as we are not full-timers. Therefore, we have an abundance of storage in the living areas, especially with the addition of some strategically-placed shelving in the bedroom closet area. We had no need for the outside pull-out kitchen or generator, so there is space underneath for everything we typically carry. Over the 14-or-so months since delivery, we experienced only two problems of note. The first was a defective temperature control on our Furrion oven, where the selected temp would not match either the displayed temp or the actual interior temp. GD replaced the oven. Second, a compressor controller in the living area air conditioner failed. This was easily resolved via the Coleman AC warranty. The Solitude is equipped with desirable features we never had before, like a built-in vacuum cleaner system, a second awning on the living-side slide-out, a retractable TV in the living area, very comfortable reclining/heated/massaging/lighted theatre seating, a full-size pantry and one-key access to all exterior door locks. The interior cabinetry is very attactive, and the lighting is intelligently placed throughout. Perhaps the major selling feature for my wife is the abundance of windows, which gives the camper a very roomy open, airy feel. At this point we are extremely pleased with our Solitude and we expect it will serve us well for years to come.
- Gary Hattier, Louisiana

2020-01-13 2011 Forest River Sandpiper 345RET View Listings

We purchased our unit new in 2011. Have had issues with it, sure, but our dealer and forest river made sure we were happy and fixed all problems, large & small. Our experience with forest river has been very good and we would only buy a forest river product. They always went above and beyond for us. The sandpiper factory in goshen, indiana has always been there for us. The FROG is the best!!!!!
- Mary Natalello, New York

2020-01-12 2008 Forest River Cedar Creek 37RDQS View Listings

Loved the rear seperate living space. Very roomy for an RV.used it to live in while looking for a new place to live,downsizing after kids left the nest. Never got to tow anywhere so can't attest to that, and never had any service work done by dealer.
- D, Kansas

2020-01-12 2018 Grand Design Reflection 150 220RK View Listings

The 220RK is the smallest and lightest 5th wheel Grand Design RV has ever made and one of the smallest fifth wheels you will see on the road today. Most dealers here on RVtrader list the details incorrectly, so I will list them correctly. Most dealers list the freshwater tank as 52 gallons. This is wrong, it is actually 40 gallons. They also list the empty weight wrong, it is actually 6995 lbs. It only has a 2,000 cargo weight so fully (legally) loaded it weighs 8,995 lbs. This trailer and a few others are classified in as "Half-ton towable" but this is simply a marketing ploy and most experienced RV'ers recommend atleast a 3/4 ton to tow a 9,000 lb. trailer. I tow it with a 3/4 Superduty diesel which weighs almost as much as the trailer so it tows really well with zero sway even in high winds. Grand Design only sold about 300 of these trailers so they only produced them for 2 years, 2018 and 2019. 99% of them come with single-paned windows and the chaise couch which is terribly uncomfortable unless you're a tiny person. We ordered our 220RK in November of 2017. We custom ordered it with dual-paned windows and the optional "theatre seating" which is basically a triple recliner/couch with heat and massage and built-in cupholders. We also installed quite a few upgrades including solar, lithium batteries, a large inverter, a water softener, cell booster to name a few. We also changed out the Westlake "China bomb" tires and had a set of Goodyear Endurance tires installed. We have been traveling fulltime in this trailer (our home now) for the past 18 months and the only mechanical issue we've had is the water heater control board went bad, however Grand Design paid for a new one and we replaced the unit ourselves in about 5 minutes. The 220RK is the perfect size for a couple with no kids or large pets. We purposely chose a trailer under 30 feet to ensure we could fit into all national and state parks and most RV parks and campgrounds. We have towed this trailer over 12,000 miles around the US several times over the past year and a half and have always been able to park it in any spot we wanted, while we watch other people with larger RVs get turned away or drive around in circles all day looking for a spot they can fit into. This trailer has a lot of storage and the tanks are basically heated since they are in the same area as the furnace. We dry camp a lot, this means out in the woods with no hookups, and we've camped in temps down to the single digits and have never had any problems with water lines or tanks freezing which like I said is due to the furnace being in the same area as the tanks and the water controls and valves. The only thing I would suggest if you buy one is replace the tires with Goodyear or Sailun (MUCH better quality than what it comes with) and upgrade the piece of junk TCL TV that comes in all the Grand Design trailers. We gave ours away to a park ranger that was super nice and we installed a Samsung 40" with a nice soundbar and subwoofer, which incidentally, fits perfectly behind the couch! Overall we've been very happy with this little fifth wheel and we would buy another Grand Design in the future.
- Ed Morris, Texas

2020-01-11 2018 Keystone Cougar 367FLS View Listings

Brand new 5th wheel keystone forgot to put shut off on black water tank, furnace doesn't work, had a burn spot under the couch the wires burnt into, general rv said the fire was due to a staple in the wires shorting them out. We love the layout though.
- Ed Duncan, Michigan

2020-01-10 2015 Dutchmen Infinity 3810FL View Listings

Just bought 2nd camper Would not buy anywhere else Awesome employees TOOT MY HORN FOR MISS BRENDA She has had to tolerate my husband he loves to pick We have always been treated like royalty We good way back My husband went back to pick up an item he needed for our camper A large truck hauling paving hit my husband and Ms Brenda was there for us You got to love an employee that goes way beyond their job to help out someone on a wreck She has had us look at the same camper and here we really want it and she was always patient with us A couple of months would go by and who shows up to see Ms Brenda yep US AGAIN but she was always excited to see us like we had never been there But we did it I'm sitting in the Camper right now We are so HAPPY THANKS MS BRENDA YOU MADE IT SO EASY AND NIT PAINFUL TO BUY OUR NEW HOME THANKS THIS IS AN AWESOME EMPLOYEE GOES WAY OUT OF THE WAY TO HELP US TOOT YOUR HORN MS BRENDA.
- Kathy James, Mississippi

2020-01-09 2019 Keystone Sprinter 3570FWLFT View Listings

LED lights going out. Lost half of them. Problem is you have to take it to dealer every time. Been there 3 times and going again. Don’t buy a Keystone anything if you want to travel unless you like going to the dealership Keystone has bad LEDs
- Patrick Miller , Nevada

2020-01-08 2019 Forest River Flagstaff Classic Super Lite 8529RKBS View Listings

Our brand new 2019 Forest River Flagstaff Classic super lite continues to dwell some where in never never land. Since the purchase from Camping World Vacaville in mid October It remains in their possession due to continued break downs and waiting repairs... repairs on a brand new RV. 1. Water pump...since resolved..we hope... we don’t know yet. 2. Heater. On going... 3. Other issues...since resolved. Broken chair. It’s been a month since the last drop off..... and we have heard nothing from Camping World. GOOD CUSTOMER SERVICE would keep us up to date as to the status of a new coach you purchased from them. So far ... they speak with forked tongue...actually there dumb. So we emailed the Factory Customer Service on Sunday Jan. 5, 2020 expecting some type of reply from them...nothing.... Today ....we called the Manager at Camping World Vacaville only to get his voice mail and as of 4:30 pm Tuesday 1-7-2020.... not a word from either party.... This is fair warning concerning this coach Mfg. and dealer..... Stay away.....we have been on Yelp....and the reviews are terrible. Do not purchase an RV from Camping World.... Sales is quick to sell.... Finance Dept. is quick to finance you. Service is terrible....read my previous testimony’s.... Save yourself a lot of aggregation .... do more research on which Mfg and dealer..... Sadly...we didn’t....and we are being burned big time.... Not A Happy Camper....
- Gary Gress, California

2020-01-07 2018 Forest River Sandpiper 372LOK View Listings

For the most part I am satisfied with this unit. Except for 1 item that has been a headache from day 1. I thought I would eventually figure it out. As of right now I'm done. Gonna rip the thermostat off the wall and mail it in pieces to the CEO of Forest River
- Steve Johnson, Kentucky

2020-01-07 2018 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS View Listings

Bought this 5th wheel based on good reviews regarding the manufacturer standing by its product. However after 3000 miles of lite towing the leaf spring on passenger side began coming apart grand design denied the warranty work as well as the manufacturer of the spring due to warranty expiration. I purchased the unit Sept 2017 towed it 3000 miles since then, and the leaf springs began coming apart. The RV has been in storage 95% of the time no reason for leaf springs to fail.
- Mitch Robison, Arizona

2020-01-07 2017 Forest River Wildwood Heritage Glen Hyper-Lyte 29RLSHL View Listings

Hello, bought unit a year old with very little use the salesman said and the interior showed like new. 1) major leaks during the rains in all three tip outs. Dealer repaired. However, lots of very wet personal gear. 2) First trip,,, bedroom tip-out control was on the floor UNDER the bathroom sink, improperly installed pipe leaked, shorted controller...$800.00 to get tip out in so we could leave the RV park. 3)Next trip, to hot pavements of Eastern Wahington, all 4 of the 4 ply tires tread separated, $850.00 for tires and tow truck to change the first blow out. Tires at 4 ply from factory should be 8 ply or 10. 4) Full fresh water tanks empty in 3 hours !! Turns out the hose was installed by factory too deep and it became a syphon. $250.00 repair. Other problems that I wont bore you with. Factory support zero.zero help. Never buy the forest river brand again.
- Ed Bishop, Washington

2020-01-06 2017 Outdoors RV Glacier Peak F26RKS Titanium View Listings

Ordered a new 2017 glacier peak 5th wheel. Electrical issue before we left the lot. Since then, it's been in the shop more that it's been on the road. As of today, we still can't use it. Definitely the biggest piece of junk I've ever owned. Wouldn't buy another and wouldn't recommend this company. Junk, junk, junk.
- Bill, California

2020-01-06 2020 Winnebago Micro Minnie 2405RG View Listings

Ok, here I am returning to review our 5th wheel. Have had it since 6/19. Several trips of various lengths the longest being out to Leadville, CO and camping at 10,000ft. The haul out was excellent. No issues at all. We camped for three days, no generator. we have two batteries. Again no issues. We are conservative with water usage and had plenty for several showers and other necessities for four adults. My wife and I are planning to travel more and more as the young ones graduate from HS. We can't see ourselves hauling these massive 5er's. We want to be able to get off the beaten paths so to speak and it is difficult with the larger rigs. I was able to pull is unit off the dirt road leading to the trailhead of Mt Elbert, CO. Take it slow and we had no issues. So far I have only one complaint and it is with our dealer. They are reluctant to fix the issues I have taken in for. They keep it for excessive amounts of time. All in all we love this 5th wheel and look forward to more time in it.
- Kevin, Texas

2020-01-05 2019 Forest River Flagstaff Classic Super Lite 8529RKBS View Listings

Purchased a Forest River Flagstaff Classic from Camping World in Vacaville Ca. First trip out after having it about two weeks....water pump failed and the Heater smoked us out of the coach....fail... Took to Camping World....after a month in their shop...still no water pump..blamed it on Forest River...called Forest River....they never received a warranty request for the water pump....confronted Camping World..... oh...it was never ordered. They claim the heater had broken plastic parts blowing around in the unit ...got hot and smoked. They claimed to fix the heater. After several more weeks...unit still at their yard...NO WATER PUMP....they call and said it’s ready. I check it all out...after having them charge the dead battery’s... Pump seems ok. Heater seemed ok..I did not turn the heater off but let it run.....got home.... 6 miles away....and the heater is squelching like a pig being gutted alive.... Took it right back to Camping World...they actually took it right into the shop and pulled out the heater that was self destructing. Bottom Line....I just made my third payment... We bought the RV in October 2019 .....had it two weeks....the rest of the time until today....Jan 5, 2019 it sits in Camping Worlds parking lot waiting for repairs on a Brand New RV. No body seems to really care....since I dropped it off four weeks ago at Camping World....I have heard nothing...not a word... Dead silence.....I would really be careful purchasing a RV from Camping World....friends like them....you don’t need an enemy. Very displeased with Forest River....and their Dealer Camping World Vacaville.
- Gary Gress, California

2020-01-04 2019 Vanleigh RV Beacon 39FBB View Listings

from day one noting but problems, first time, 2 months in the shop and now the second time so for 156 days with 21 thing to fix, still some time before hopefully being fixed.Im sorry i bought it because i thought the family cared about there product so for a lot of yes sirs but very slow getting things done. very bad fews days at start of my vacations and not been able to use at all 7 months total and counting for repairs. How sad and no one has offered any compensation of any kind. Shame on you and la mesa rv .
- kelly franklin, Arizona

2020-01-04 2018 Keystone Montana High Country 362RD View Listings

This rv,that has a rear den and 5 slides,was not designed for comfort living. Keystone did not compensate for the amount of space it would have to cool/heat when only allowing 2 air conditioners for this 41 ft RV. Keystone went one step further making harder to cool this rv,by placing the air conditioners on each end of rv, but not in middle, believe me you are going to roast in the summer. When cold weather comes you'll freeze as the only furnace installed will be in the front of rv, and not be big enough to heat the den.I have to close the door to keep livingroom warm. Poor thought in designing this rv. Don't buy this, I'm living the nightmare, and Keystone says there is nothing wrong with my rv.
- Darrell R Westfall, North Carolina

2020-01-04 2018 Redwood RV Redwood 3901MB View Listings

We love the floor plan but the quality of fit and finish is poor. Trim falling off, walls in mid bath pulling away from stud. Tiles falling off. Disgusting given the amount of money we paid. So disappointed.
- Larry Sloan, Arizona

2020-01-04 2014 Forest River Cedar Creek Silverback 35QB4 View Listings

The RV itself is good. However I can't recommend them because of very poor customer service. I have an electrical problem. I went through a dealer to get a wiring schematic. The dealer forwarded the email in which Forest River refused to give me one. A subsequent phone call to the dealer revealed that Forest River will not supply the mechanics with one. This makes it more time consuming for them to find and correct problems which means more expense for the consumer. This is a far cry from having any concern for their consumers. They talk a mean ball game and have a beautiful website that leads you to believe they care about you. When the rubber meets the road they could care less. A wiring schematic can not be of a proprietary concern. Thus it is a clear indication of their lack of concern for consumers. The dealer in this case tried their best to accomodate me.
- Bruce Burkett, Tennessee

2020-01-03 2015 Winnebago Destination 37FL View Listings

I’ve owned 2 2015 Winnebago Destinations 37FLs over the past 3 years. I find them vastly superior in all aspects to the completion. I have had no issues with either over the years and for the money are a bargain. We keep ours in south Florida and enjoy the comfort and reliability they have provided. From the air conditioning, water and plumbing systems, residential refrigerator with ice maker, slides etc. all has performed to my satisfaction. The tv gave us a little trouble last year and is tough to mount back on the wall but this was definitely not a game changer. I’ve had RVs for 10 years now and traded my 38’ 2006 A class for my first 5th wheel looking for the extra room and living conveniences 4 years ago and have no regrets. It’s perfectly designed for us and our needs. I would wholeheartedly recommend these 5th wheels to anything out there.
- John, Florida

2020-01-02 2018 Grand Design Momentum M-Class 350M View Listings

Alpin Haus have been terrible in customer service. I had leak repaired 3 or 4 times and they charged me for it. Livingroom slide out leaks occasionally. Lights on the front work for a short period of time and quit. The refrigerator quit on me in the middle of a 13,000 mile road trip, I could not get alpin Haus to call me for repairs or any call at all. I still have issues with the camper.I had problems with hotwater heater not working. That's about all I can think of right now. I think this is more than anyone should have with a rig this expensive :(
- Brigitte Roberts , New York