5th Wheels RVs Reviews (2,183)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with 5th Wheels RVs Reviews and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of these RVs.

CJ from Montana says:

Have you owned any 5th Wheels RVs? Write a review

Voted Most Helpful Review 2017 Grand Design Solitude 379FL View Listings

To start, the Sa lesmen talked it up of course. It does look nice, pulls well, and is livable. The issues I've had make me realize that the manufacturer doesn't build it to handle the road. All four leaf springs had to be replaced, one broke in half on the road, 2 others bent. This was from normal interstate, and campground driving. The other issues are light fixtures loose and ready to fall off, fenders loose, screws backing out, roof sealant cracked, gapped and ready to leak, wall in the rear storage compartment separating, bedroom slide stopped working directly after the shop had it all day, shaded don't go up, window cranks strip out etc.. The biggest issue is the dealership's service. I learned that I had to watch the mechanics while they worked on it or go around after they were "done" and inspect to make sure it was fixed correctly. After calling them out on faulty repairs, going back 7 times, some for the same issue, dealer told me they won't work on it anymore and I need to find another service shop. Wow, is all I can say. What about warranty, and forever warranty they brag about? Basically every time I left the shop there was another issue to go back for.. They did however fix some issues correctly, but all in all I am less then impressed. We'll see if the manufacturer helps me out.. Save yourself tons of headaches and time.
- CJ, Montana

2019-12-11 2018 Heartland Bighorn Traveler 39RD View Listings

The wife ordered this trailer through Rocky Mountain R V in Butte, Montana. The only thing that I wanted was 8000# axles. They were good, give us all the time we needed to get out of our Redwood 38rl. It was impossible to put our stuff from the Redwood into this. Lots of trips to the giveaway place. We have owned 5 5th trailers and 2 motorhomes. We're not new to this. Now to the trailer.... We had the trailer (2) two weeks when I noticed water coming from the belly. Come to find out the fitting came out of the BLACK tank, the belly was FULL of..... 3 days later the cupboard over the t v was falling down. Not 1 screw in the studs. A couple of days later the side cupboards started to fall,so I fixed them too. We never have been able to figure out the T V coax wiring. Several water leaks, new toilet. And then the pantry fell in. I had a new pantry built with roller drawers. This is the scary part, the fireplace melted the plug in AND the receptacle in the wall. Never popped the breaker!! A real electrician fixed that and installed more breakers. They were double and triple wired together. I don't know why it didn't burn down. Mother board furnace, 2 windows broke out,try to get that fixed before 2 weeks goes by. There's more but too depressing. Don't get single pane windows. As I said we have had several R V's. This trailer is the WORST trailer we ever had. Then the insulation, or lack of it. I wonder if this thing even made that stop. I've been in tents that didn't have as much air blowing through it as this trailer does. The blinds fall out and were installed crooked. The axles are out of alignment wearing the tires bad. Maybe we just got a bad one but I didn't have near the trouble with all the others combined. CYA folks.
- Danny Lamb, Kansas

2019-12-10 2017 Forest River Wildcat 37WB View Listings

Love this 5th wheel. Only problem we had was residential fridge didn’t work right away. Dealt with Forest River, dealer and fridge manufacturer and was replaced quickly. Have spent several multi weeks trips in it and is as comfortable as home! Lots of storage and room. Have had as many as 14 people in it for dinner when it was too nasty to go outside
- Margie, Illinois

2019-12-10 2016 Prime Time Sanibel 3701 View Listings

Love my prime time Sanibel 3701.Everthing works great with no problem.Auto level is very nice to have and simple to operate.All the storage and cabinets are much needed and very much used.Almost everyone that checks out my Sanibel says wow this is very nice and they think it's a 100,000 fifth wheel.Ive had many campers but this one beats all the others.I bought this camper used with no warranty.Had to fix a couple things myself but all easy stuff since I have some tools on hand and a drill with a square drive.Demand pump would freeze up when down to 15degess so I disconnected from basement floor and remounted up one foot to main floor using same plumbing.Pump does not freeze up now and only took 45 min to do.The only thing I don't like is the noisy Atwood furnace,almost all Atwood's are super noisy so I'm going to replace it with a suburban sf35fq because it is nice and quiet.Well now it's time to head West in Prime Time style.
- Michael Lowe, Wisconsin

2019-12-10 2005 Fleetwood Terry Quantum AX6 395RL5S View Listings

We bought this same trailer last year we love it! We work off and we spend more time in it then we do in our home quality has been great especially for the age there’s plenty of room and storage I would highly recommend this RV
- Jeff, Oklahoma

2019-12-10 2013 DRV Mobile Suites 36RSSB3 View Listings

Purchased a 1990 Holiday Rambler new every little problems Lived in it from state to state job related Figured it was Time to replace figured I would look at The DRVs Went to factory watched assembly was not too impressed Asked why wiring not in a Harness instead just looking like thrown in under made a few other questions They didn't have answers But I still bought one special order Some of the worst Craftsmanship I have seen for a Unit you pay that kind of price for,Cabinet not square,Roof leaked (I had a fiberglass installed)Side wall above Entrance door Separated (DRVs response it's not hurt Structurally) I wanted a new wall would not do This all happened under Warranty 1st year out They fixed the Roof leak and Cabinets I have replaced the Bathroom door Hinges 2 times with the cheap ones that they use I finally had enough And went and found some good quality hinges and put on Bedroom Slide out Wall dropped Took to Shop the floor has rotted out DRVs Could care less Once you take Delivery Trying to talk to Someone became a waste after they Sold to Thor Would not return calls Always an Excuse I am very disappointed in DRVs They need to spend 5 minutes more on Quality control Like the Saying goes Buyer Beware You are spending a lot So check and double check Ask Them to Have more pride in their work
- Bill, Pennsylvania

2019-12-09 2019 Keystone Montana 3761FL View Listings

Update: A Keystone Retail/Owner Adviser contacted me within hours of my post and has resolved all outstanding issues to my satisfaction. I recently acquired this new 5thwheel. Although, the unit has the layout we desired we did expect the quality of the product to be so bad. I have been working with their Customer Service Center and getting little satisfactory support. Issues that are of concern are: The rod in the closet hangs down because they did not install the bracket correctly. I had it fixed and sent pictures and the invoice. It was rejected as they feel it is not a defect? There is a mark on a slide that is obviously from a over spray being wiped with a cloth containing thinner. In addition on the side wall it appears that glue has left a mark. I have quotes to repair. They refused repair saying it is cosmetic and they do not repair cosmetic issues. All of the outside cabinets shifted when the unit was delivered. Because I bought the unit in July and had it delivered in October they have indicated that it is out of warranty. Bathroom taps squeak and they cannot provide and resolution other than have a dealer look at it. I have had issues with the Dometic thermostat and missing railing covers as well. The difference is that Dometic has sent replacement within days at no charge. I am not at all happy with these decisions and therefore will be ensuring anyone who is thinking of a Keystone product that they look at other products as I have heard of more positive reviews regarding other vendors.
- Keith Payne, California

2019-12-07 2017 Forest River Cedar Creek Hathaway 36CK2 View Listings

I would not recommend this RV to anyone because of the poor quality we have dealt with. We bought a Cedar Creek Hathaway in January 2018 and after only 1 1/2 years, we have had so much go wrong with it which has been very expensive and time consuming for our family. We have already had to deal with so much this year with our disabled daughter getting pneumonia twice and was in 3 different hospitals; she had to get a trach which was too big and cut off her oxygen, so we thought we had lost her 3 times in one day, etc, etc, etc. Now to have all this trouble with our new RV because there is only a 1 year warranty which ran out 9 months before the issues happened of course. First we had to drive from NM to KY and back with the biggest slide sticking out because while trying to close it the first morning, the rain cover got stuck between the slide and the RV and broke it. After we got home, my husband had to build a part to get the slide to work properly. It's a good thing he is a Mechanical Engineer! Why doesn't the manufacturer already have this figured out and make quality parts so we do not have to remake something to last and that actually works? On the same trip the fender came loose and shredded the tire below it then flew off just as it was getting dark. We asked the company if they would replace it because they didn't do a good job constructing it, but of course they wouldn't. Instead they told us where we could buy new parts. We had to pay a lot of money to buy another one and what an ordeal to get everything put back together!!! I can only imagine the expense if someone had to hire all of this work done. It took us 3 months to get it all finished after ordering the right parts and building new ones. On the first trip after fixing it, just 100 miles down the road, the new fender has come loose again even after my husband glued it this time. It is now broken again. :( We searched for several years trying to make sure we got a good quality RV as well as one we liked, to find out very quickly that the quality is very poor and it is a money pit with no help from the people who built it! It's only been more frustration to deal with. Uggghhh :( I would love to know if there is a more reputable and reliable company out there so we could have avoided all if this mess. We thought Forest River was just that from what we had heard from dealers, but we found out different. I would not buy a Forest River product again after this horrific experience.
- Cara Buchanan, New Mexico

2019-12-06 2019 Keystone Montana 3701LFK View Listings

We bought the 5th Wheel last year. The problems we HAD. Heater went out, We have a floating floor, trash drawer broke, sink faucet falling a part, vacuum not working, blinds fall apart every time we pull them down, leaking under storage, leveling screen went out, Slides wouldn't go in, Had to take back to camping world. We did heater quit again. NOT HAPPY. Nov 2 2019 we turned it to camping world to re-repair heater and other stuff. Still have not got 5th Wheel back yet..Camping World in Springfield MO is awful with warranty issues
- Michele, Missouri

2019-12-06 2020 Forest River Cedar Creek Hathaway 34IK View Listings

This is our first RV. We were impressed last year at a local RV show by the space , and functionality of the fifth wheels we saw. I am tall, and feel confined easily. The Cedar Creek units were the best we saw at the show. We really liked the layout and quality. After 3 trips this year and over 2500 miles, a few screws have wiggled loose, and such. We have it in to be tightened up, and winterized. We keep it plugged in at our house usually. We miss it. My wife and I and our 2 labs love sleeping in it just cause. It’s really very nice inside. It takes a bit to cool it down when it’s 100 outside. There is nowhere to set a drink down near the couch except in the cup holder. No coffee mugs. No small counter etc. But that’s ok. We replaced the couch mattress day 2. A Zinus 5 inch works great! The bathroom double sink and shower with instant heat is flawless. I’m 6’3” and I have plenty of room in there. Overall happy with the unit. We will trade up soon to a bigger Cedar Creek. The dealer here is great. Takes awhile to get to service is all. Busy!
- robert donovan, Kansas

2019-12-05 2019 Jayco Eagle HT 28.5RSTS View Listings

Size and compactness is very good interior is beautiful and the rooming list is outstanding issues I’ve had with it is that the electrical cord drops down from the top of the slide of the bedroom slide and and when you try to close it it will pinch between the frame and the slide it’s very unsafe and a fire hazard I feel and I am still very concerned about it on our shakedown show one of the gentleman sat in our chair and the screws Came out and he ended up on the floor embarrassing
- David Gladding, California

2019-12-04 2019 Grand Design Reflection 29RS View Listings

This camper is exactly what we were looking for. Over all it's been great to camp in, unfortunately we had issues with one of the slides, Island countertop and a compartment door. We have owned this camper less than 10 months, this camper spent over 3 months at the dealer, we took it over twice for the same repair, they replaced the defective part 3 times. They never looked for the root cause for what was damaging the slide until after the third time. The dealer said that when they would receive the replacement parts that the parts were always damaged from Grand Design. When I contacted Grand Design to see if they would repair the camper at their facilities they said that they were booked up and asked me if the dealer could try to repair the camper again. I'm hoping that I never have to have it worked on again. My suggestion that if you are going to purchase a camper from a dealer investigate the service department to see if they have qualified personal to work on the campers. It's no fun waiting 3 months to get your camper back for the same repair.
- Larry, Indiana

2019-12-04 2020 KZ Durango 259RLS View Listings

First of all love the floor plan. Exterior looks great. Pulls very nicely, water management all inside a side compartment love it, swing down steps are great. Lots of storage inside and underneath. These are all the reasons we purchased. Now the bad. Furnace howled like a stepped on hound. Had to haul it back to dealer 100 miles one way. That was repaired. Refrigerator door will not remain closed while traveling. Bungee cord required. First rain, storm sun roofs leaked! Upon examination found multiple cracks, and missing edge with sealant. Sawdust at window, and vent below on bed and floor after traveling for a day. Recliners have heat and massage, turn on by themselves, or else switches are REAL sensitive. One is a two person effort to close as the mechanism hits support bar. Climate package does not mean the windows are air tight or insulating, cold air flows down you back while sitting at dinning table and feet. My impression is that minimum care in manufacturing.
- Howard Clark, Montana

2019-12-04 2013 Palomino Sabre 34REQS View Listings

I bought this unit new in 2013 and really liked it. Now that I owned it for 6 years, I have had my problems. First, Window leaked in kitchen and bubbled the wall board badly. I pulled it out only to find a cheap seal around it and an opening cut that is so big it barely gets covered by the window. 2nd Plastic supports for closet doors broke and windows too. Had a water supply leak and tore into it to find the rubber washer was on backwards, another leak, found staple in water line. Now the good stuff. Soft spot in floor in bedroom,3 cracked tanks leaking water big time , 2 grey and the black tank. I bought a extended warranty on this for 7 years bumper to bumper, not true. They would not cover the window leak, but they did cover replacement of the 3 tanks and replace the seal in the bedroom slide. This caused the soft spot on the floor. My brochure calmed 25yr warranty on the floor, I contacted Saber and he said they haven't offered that in years, really ? My brochure states 25 yr that was a major reason I bought it. When I pushed him on this he said I have to go to the manufacture of the floor, What BULLSHIT! I told him you go back not me. I'm not done with him yet, I just got my camper back from service and the floor repair was $850.00. I will be contacting him. One more thing,why is it when you go and ask for parts on a 6yr old unit they say that's an old unit might not be able to get parts. What a crock,I can buy parts for a 60yr old car and nothing for a 6 yr old camper. Oh ya if you do find a part hang on to your ass over the price, one side wheel skirt $585 + shipping for a piece of plastic.
- Bill Torok, Ohio

2019-12-03 2018 Highland Ridge RV Open Range 370RBS View Listings

You would be better served if you bought a RV unit/ product from a different manufacturer. My experience with this manufacturer and this unit started with kinked hoses to the washer/dryer assembly, sensors to the tanks that were not installed, an awning that stopped working would not retract, door rivets popping out, and incompatible rivets on the bumper not allowing the sewer hose to be stowed as advertised to just name a few of the problems. The thing that is so puzzling is that supposedly this was quality checked before being released to be sold. The furnace was another issue entirely that is seemingly ongoing. I am being told because of the design or placement by sources outside of the company. The company management essentially told me that it what it is and while they will cover it until the warranty runs out (a year) and then I am essentially on my own. THE CAVEAT TO THIS IS THAT IT IS/WAS A BRAND NEW TRAILER, NEVER OWNED, SOLD AS NEW, TRAILER. I, of course, have had additional problems after the warranty lapsed... more furnace issues, and more sensor issues. This company doesn't care about its product or customers. As, I was talking to management about the issues and trying to get help to no avail, I mentioned that I was going to put a Lemon sticker all over the trailer and was told that it was my prerogative. I essentially took that as they don't care, as should you. I would not recommend this company/product to my worst enemy.
- Elton Pettaway , Nevada

2019-12-03 2018 Starcraft Satellite 16KS View Listings

One year and it is falling apart!! Do not waste your time calling customer care either!! Lesson learned now to spread the word!! Do not waste your money on satellite trailers owned by Jayco!!! Don't waste your hard earned money on a company that will not back their product!!
- benderemo, Oregon

2019-12-03 2018 Heartland Bighorn 3270RS View Listings

This was the worst choice we ever made. In July of 2018, we excitedly purchased this RV. At finalization of the sale, which we also got Platinum Warranty, we were congratulated and atta-boyed like crazy. Our first night in rv, I noticed water leaking underneath outside. After much back and forth and arguing, 2 valves and a pump later, it seems to be fixed. Then, upon bringing it in for warranty coating, and punch list repairs, we get the unit home, slide out bedroom and the moulding cracks and breaks away from ceiling. Come to find out, when they replaced ceiling panel, they left a mallet in slide out. I called, told them and they replied " all our tools are accounted for". We don't own a mallet, well, we do now! We fixed it ourselves. As for pump issues earlier in this review, we were told, if you are handy at all, "you can change valve yourself". Wow, really!!!! Next, we lost power, come to find out our battery was dead, upon investigating further, they only equipped us with 1, when we were told at walk through there were 2 for this size unit. Again, upon calling for assistance, help, advice.....nothing!!. A back and 4th, pass the buck fight,and "we won't reimburse you as your a couple days out of year warranty". This is on a screw up they made by only equipping the unit with 1 battery that had to work for 2. Of course its going to die. We never have had our indicator lights function Correctly. They read full all the time, even when empty. This is our fulltime home. Their answer to everything is, bring it in. We Willget to it when we can. We live 3 and a half hours away. The customer service is appalling and/or really non-existent. We were so ex cited to take this journey, but we made the wrong choice going with the Bighorn by heartland. They sell it to you and then basically should have said" don't let the door hit you!!! Our worst purchase to date. Do your homework folks!!!!!! Don't fall for their smiling faces. Talk about buyers remorse!!! This is it, at its finest. Good luck people!
- christeelu62@yahoo.com, Arizona

2019-12-03 2019 Keystone Montana 3560RL View Listings

After Camp hosting for several years we noticed that Montana seem to be the primary model people like to use because it was a Four Season model so we took our life savings and bought our 20th anniversary 3560rl. Because we were going to live in our unit we really wanted the 3560 because it comes with the desk option. We were assured that when we bought that unit it would be ready to roll no problems nothing to worry about and it didn't even make it off the lot because the furrion oven didn't work. The wonderful fold up chairs self-destructed because they weren't even glued properly so upon sitting on them for the first time they literally just folded and broke. We kept having problems with the door and close examination revealed that most of the screws weren't even in it the lock was completely unusable and we couldn't secure the unit forcing me to find a hardware store so I can get the correct screws to be able to lock the unit. We didn't find out till later that no one seemed to know how to operate the dining room table so it was open halfway when the sides went in causing the entire frame to bend. The unit was delivered with a used 7 way electrical connector that looked like it had been dragging on the road for a hundred miles one side of it worn down, part of the awning fell apart the first time we put it out. We fell for the paint and prep protection for $1,800 that as far as I can tell was never applied. It seems like daily something would break for example the USB charging Towers quit 2 days after we bought it, the lighted cup holders didn't work, it seemed like every time we pull the shade down the plastic handle would pull off and we have to super glue it. And all this happened before we even had the unit 30 days. So our opinion is is we bought a unit that's real pretty on the outside and falling apart on the inside even though it's brand-spanking-new. I will say it pulls down the road nice and itself levels nice and that's all I can say nice about this unit. I will not buy this product again nor will I recommend it.
- Behr, Arizona

2019-12-01 2014 Grand Design Reflection 293RES View Listings

Been to Florida with it twice. No problems Pulls nice Been to Eagle River Wisconsin I had to stay working so didn’t use it much Nice RV for a retired couple. We had plans to stay in Florida, but because of health issues we need to sell it
- Larry Brackemyer, Illinois

2019-11-29 2020 Genesis Supreme Vortex 3219VXL View Listings

The quality, durability and design sets the bar for all other brands. I’ve been there and done that with em all. Genius Supreme has it figured out. From the dealer in Coos Bay to the phone call with a question to Rodrigo it’s been awesome.
- Mike Aronson , Oregon

2019-11-29 2008 Carriage Cameo 35SB3 View Listings

Besides having a power awning, it also has a built in vacuum system, Power jacks in front and rear, day/ night blinds beautiful glass pane door for the bedroom area with privacy blinds on that too.Solid wood cabinets not the pressed wood so many cheaper units have. This is built like an upscale home and it shows in every way.
- Dennis, Arizona

2019-11-29 2018 Keystone Hideout 308BHDS View Listings

very nice rv for what you pay.floor plan is great feels much bigger then it is.full fiberglass front is a plus. 5th wheel is best way to pull and more stable. keystone has been making rv for a long time and they seem to have it down.take care of it and it will serve you well.
- Dennis D, Colorado

2019-11-29 2017 Forest River XLR Thunderbolt 422AMP View Listings

Not impressed with the quality of forest river manufacturing. It seems the quality checking is non existence. The black water valve was reversed so the first time emptying was a bit of a mess. Tipped the guy at the site the cost of the empty because he wore the mess. The workmanship is beyond shoddy..trim coming loose etc. We had trouble with 2 of the three doors closing properly. We were first time rv owners and there were far too many things we were not informed about (this issue is obviously on the dealership). That having been said 3 seasons later the dealership has addressed each issue but we have had to take the rv back to the dealership after each winter season down south. We have had tire issues in Arizona, inverter issues in California (this one was not good the inverter is the heart and soul of and RV and in 110 degree weather to go dead in the water is not good). We called our dealer from California someone said to go ahead and get it fixed. We did so but because we did not get a name of the person they reimbursed us the 800$ paid in American in 800$ Canadian that is at least a 30 percent loss to us. (That is on our dealership) for the amount of money this unit cost I have huge issue with quality of the workmanship over all. As with any dealership once the vehicle/unlit is sold they are done with you. That doesn’t seem to change be it a vehicle or an RV. I would hesitate to purchase a forest river product again. I would for sure research more before we purchase again. So far we have been able to fix the issues reasonably easy however I feel we shouldn’t have to be fixing much of anything for a unit that cost us over 100,000.00 Canadian.
- Jo-Anne, ontario canada, Ontario

2019-11-27 2019 Keystone Montana 3561RL View Listings

BUYER BEWARE!!! This is the worst purchase I have ever made. Very poor quality, cheaply made, mis colored stain, and so much more wrong. Spare yourself loads of trouble and money DONT BUY. NO GOOD WARRANTY!!!!! I will sell you mine if you have to have one so I can get out of mine and buy something worth the money. You dont know these things until you have experienced them.
- Doug Norton, Iowa

2019-11-26 2018 Jayco Pinnacle 36FBTS View Listings

We sold our property and went full-time RV'ing for over 14,000 miles, almost a year. After 2 other RVs, including a smaller Grand Design 5th wheel (not four seasons) and a Tiffin Phaeton 40' motorhome. Loved the motorhome EXCEPT for the expense. This 39'9" Jayco Pinnacle 5th Wheel is VERY livable, plenty of storage, and the master bath and half bath at entry are very comfortable. YES, we had many small issues and before we set out to adventure and again when we returned for holidays, dealer was able to repair or replace all problems. I believe that all new RVs come from the factory with issues, so the key is a great dealer service department! Now that all problems have been resolved, this RV is solid and performs well. I would buy another Jayco, but would buy a used model that could prove regular maintenance and all warranty work complete. Like ours!
- Janelle Keirns, Colorado