5th Wheels RVs Reviews (2,086)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with 5th Wheels RVs Reviews and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of these RVs.

CJ from Montana says:

Read More (2086 reviews)

Have you owned any 5th Wheels RVs? Write a review

Voted Most Helpful Review 2017 Grand Design Solitude 379FL View Listings

To start, the Sa lesmen talked it up of course. It does look nice, pulls well, and is livable. The issues I've had make me realize that the manufacturer doesn't build it to handle the road. All four leaf springs had to be replaced, one broke in half on the road, 2 others bent. This was from normal interstate, and campground driving. The other issues are light fixtures loose and ready to fall off, fenders loose, screws backing out, roof sealant cracked, gapped and ready to leak, wall in the rear storage compartment separating, bedroom slide stopped working directly after the shop had it all day, shaded don't go up, window cranks strip out etc.. The biggest issue is the dealership's service. I learned that I had to watch the mechanics while they worked on it or go around after they were "done" and inspect to make sure it was fixed correctly. After calling them out on faulty repairs, going back 7 times, some for the same issue, dealer told me they won't work on it anymore and I need to find another service shop. Wow, is all I can say. What about warranty, and forever warranty they brag about? Basically every time I left the shop there was another issue to go back for.. They did however fix some issues correctly, but all in all I am less then impressed. We'll see if the manufacturer helps me out.. Save yourself tons of headaches and time.
- CJ, Montana

2019-10-16 2013 Forest River Rockwood Signature Ultra Lite 8289WS View Listings

Out camping has been an enjoyable trouble free experience largely due to the ease of use and quality of our 5th wheel. On our last 4200 mile trip we tested the Revolution pin box limits several times and it performed flawlessly. The Factory Warranty / Support does not apply because we haven't had any issues and I perform my own maintenance. Level of support also depends largely on the dealership one uses, not the factory. We are extremely happy with our 5th wheel and listed it on RVT.com because we are buying a bigger 5th wheel that has room for an on board generator.
- Michael, Louisiana

2019-10-15 2017 Heartland Sundance 3280RES View Listings

Very good camper for a family. I have not had any problems. THIS CAMPER TOWS GREAT AND IS EASY TO PARK WITH SOME PRACTICE. I didn't like the king bed, to big for the room. Never had to take in for repair. Overall I would buy it again.
- CALVINASBURY@ATT.NET, South Carolina

2019-10-15 2015 Redwood Rushmore Washington View Listings

We bought our unit new in 2016 it was exactly what we had been looking for. We started living in it Full Time in 2017 and have had very very few issues related to the design or manufacturing of our Redwood factory built Rushmore. We here that quality improved mid 2014 when the build was moved from Crossroads to Rushmore. No slide issues, no frame issue, no roof or flooring issues. We put about 10,000 miles on our unit per year.
- Chris Schulte, Oregon

2019-10-15 2017 Coachmen Chaparral Lite 29MKS View Listings

This is our first fifth wheel moving up from a 24’ Jayco. Obviously much more Living space. Opposing slides in the rear living are make it like a home. Island sink makes kitchen very functional. Small bath but serviceable. The roof slopes dramatically in the bedroom but U am 6’1” and haven’t hit my head. Can’t speak to drive ability since we haven’t moved it since we set it in our RV resort in AZ last spring. However it is lite and can turn sharp even in a short bed RAM. We like it so far!
- G Scott Lockwood, Montana

2019-10-15 2018 Keystone Cougar 28SGS View Listings

Owned less than 2 years. Table kept falling over had to file complaint with attorney general’s office to get Keystone to fix the design. Black water flush doesn’t work have read valve could be in backwards haven’t checked that yet. The closet slide out roof was damaged from leaking oil from the motor had to argue with Keystone to get it fixed under warranty even tho it was a known issue. First time using the furnace and it isn’t working properly keeps cycling on and off Keystone said warranty was up. Trim keeps falling off and the kitchen cupboard doors don’t stay closed so one got damaged when I opened the slide out. Shower drain leaked and caused water to leak in the bottom storage compartment. Fortunately we found it before it did any damage. Cargo shelf bent down when we tried to put two bikes on it. Would not recommend a Keystone product.
- Marsha Zahumensky, Pennsylvania

2019-10-14 2012 Heartland Bighorn 3585RL View Listings

This RV is top notch quality, like new. No smoking and no pets. The layout is excellent, leather furniture in living area with a pullout full size air bed, fireplace, 42” Flat Screen TV. Dining area has extended table and four chairs. Four door refrigerator and freezer with ice maker. Bedroom has king bed and plenty of walking space around it. Bathroom has walk in shower, sink and vanity. Two air conditioners. Flat screen in basement for viewing outside. Great to have for football season and party outside
- Everett Taylor, New York

2019-10-14 2018 Heartland Bighorn Traveler 39FL View Listings

The overall quality and workmanship are sub-standard. Some of the issues are due to design flaws. On our first trip, which was a shake down trip because we expected problems based on other RVer’s experiences. We found numerous small issues all related to workmanship and quality control, lose screws, extra hardware, pieces of wire, wood and metal chips. The big one was no heat in the bedroom. After getting to the back of the furnace I found that the Flex duct that runs to the main duct that runs the length of the trailer was not connected and also pinched under a wire bundle. Also the hole where the air goes into the duct was not completely cut out, it was a half moon, restricting air flow. Rerouted and reconnected the duct I also installed adjustable floor vents so I could force more hot air into the bedroom. There should be a fan in the duct to move the air the length of the trailer, the blower in the furnace isn’t powerful enough. Also the toilet seat was crooked and the pins that hold the toilet lid on kept coming out. Straighten the seat and then pended the end of the pins that hold the toilet lid on and tapped them in, 12,000 miles later they still haven’t come out. The recliners weren’t installed correctly. Took them out and reinstalled the correctly. The first day of our first real trip the control board on the refrigerator failed, wouldn’t run on gas. Contacted a local repairman and Dometic they shipped the repair part over night and paid part of the repair cost. About 500 miles later the plastic brackets holding the clothes rod broke dropping the clothes on the floor of the closet. Replaced the brackets with metal brackets. A couple thousand miles later on our trip the hot water tank quit working on AC power. Called local repair guy, he found a lose connection. After 5000 miles on the road the furnace quit working, it was our last night on the road so I got it fixed at the dealer at home. Heartland replaced the furnace under warranty. It took a while for it to get from Heartland, but not should if the dealer may not have been part of the cause. After about 9000 miles the closet clothes rod bent, dropping the clothes on the closet floor. Replaced it with a piece of galvanized pipe. The problem is a poor design, no middle support for the span of the rod. After about 10,000 miles all the tires started to go bad, started separating. Luckily no blow outs. Of course the OEM tires are just junk to begin with. Also after about 10,000 miles had an issue with the bedroom slide not wanting to go out or in. Would start then go crooked and stop. Called a local repairman, he showed me how to use the slide controller to override to get it in and out and to re-sync it. Also told us to hold the switch for the count of ten after it stops moving to allow the motors to sync up. There was a design issue with the over head vent fans, the one in the kitchen was not powered, the one in the bathroom was powered but you had to stand on something to operate them, a safety issue. I replaced them with remote controlled fans. This Issue was addressed in the newer model. AC in the living room runs a lot. Part of this issue is due to poor placement of the thermostat, it is next to the outside wall and a window. It is mounted on a cabinet wall with no insulation behind it so the heat from the outside wall is channeled into the cavity behind the thermostat. Need to place insulation in there to prevent the heat being channeled. Had poor AC air flow due to improper parts being used. Found out that the depth of the ceiling grills blocks a good portion of the duct. I cut down the depth of the grill, this increased the air flow. I also installed adjustable AC vents in the bedroom and bathroom. These improvements have worked well in 100 degree temps. Another design flaw, but this is in every trailer I have looked at is there needs to be a flush system in the grey tank, just like the black tank. As for the mattress, a piece of junk, replaced it. Heartland needs to have experienced RVer’s review their designs for flaws. They also need to improve their workmanship standards and quality control.
- Kenneth Hooks, Arizona

2019-10-14 2018 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS View Listings

We love are reflection 303 . I have been a lot of 5th wheels including pricey Ones also . Grand design in my book is modern luxury at its best And had a chance to go to a rally wow we met some of the grand design employees they are more then top notch
- Rick, New Jersey

2019-10-10 2018 Jayco Eagle HT 30.5MBOK View Listings

We have owned the Jayco Eagle HT 30.5.MBOK for two years and have loved it. We have been on several trips including a 3-month cross-county trip and have been very impressed with the quality and floorplan. The separate mid-bunk bedroom has allowed friends to travel with us and have their own private bedroom. One of the things we enjoy is having our coffee in the morning sitting in our recliners looking out the huge rear window looking over the many scenic areas we have visited. Additionally supporting our great experience with this model has been the excellent customer service from both our dealer and Jayco. The few things that we needed repaired or serviced were quickly done and all covered by warranty. We love the tankless water heater and never have to worry about not having enough hot water. And I am so glad I ordered the Sani-Con system. It has made the least enjoyable thing to do a quick and easy task. Again we love the Eagle HT 30.5 MBOK
- Kerry Murphy, Oregon

2019-10-09 2017 Jayco Pinnacle 38FLSA View Listings

We have owned 3 fifth wheels prior to this unit and by far this unit outshines the others in towing ability, conveyance in setting up at the camp site and living conveyance. The overall quality of the unit far surpasses the other three units and they had good reviews for quality. (Open Range when Open Range did the building of the units when they first came out.)
- Larry Dunlevy, Florida

2019-10-08 2018 Forest River Sandpiper 378FB View Listings

We bought our unit in April, 2018 and began living in it full-time in June, 2018. In the 1.5 years we have lived in it, we have had several issues including the auto-level, the rear a/c, water valves not shutting, paneling popping from the walls and the slides, among others. Our heater stopped working in January. Some more serious than others. The dealer said they would stand behind our unit but their words were meaningless and we turned to Forest River for help. They have been there for us every step of the way. Their CS rep overnighted the furnace to us so we would not freeze. They have authorized repairs that were done on sight since we live in it full-time. We have been reimbursed in a timely manner each time. Recently, as we were traveling to Ohio, we blew a two trailer tires on two different days. As we were getting the second one repaired, we noticed that the front tires were not wearing evenly and thought that the axle might be cocked. We called our friendly Sandpiper CSR and let him know what happened. He asked if we could bring our unit to Goshen where they could look at it. We also had damage to the skirts on both sides from the tires blowing. Judd met us at the service building where we were leaving it for Dexter Axle Rep to look at. We showed him the damage and he said they would fix a couple of things. When we came back the next day, ALL of the damage had been repaired. (Saving us our deductible x2 for two claims) Dexter had repaired our axle issue which turned out to be a bad spring which was replaced. While working on our unit, Forest River personnel noticed that the back wall had allowed water into the unit. They brought this to our attention and asked if we could stay in town another night so they could replace the back wall. Of course, we said yes. The a/c was replaced about 3 months ago. It wasn’t cooling the unit and had to run constantly. The temperature of the air coming out was 68 degrees, not enough to cool when the outside temp was in the 90’s. Dometic kept saying that the numbers were acceptable. In this case, Judd authorized us to buy a new a/c, have it installed and they would reimburse us. That they did it a very timely manner. Forest River has exceeded expectations with outstanding service that they have provided to us. We are already looking at a new trailer and it will definitely be built by Forest River
- Valerie O’Loughlin, Nevada

2019-10-08 2014 Prime Time Crusader Lite 260RL View Listings

Great quality construction. Very comfortable for two people to snowbird in after we bought 2 new chairs and hassocks, originals were not comfy. Bathroom and shower are large for an RV. Bamboo mattress is firm. New 10 ply tires.
- Bruce Benway, Florida

2019-10-08 2019 Jayco Eagle 317RLOK View Listings

Great RV for the price and the Farmhouse Colors look Great. Jayco is a top notch company when it comes to their quality, and if for some reason you do ever have a problem their warranty is top notch as well.
- chris.wendt04@gmail.com, Texas

2019-10-07 2018 Prime Time Sanibel 3651 View Listings

We really like the layout and the quality of the structure itself. However, the finishes and the quality of the materials that are used are very very poor. Doors falling off, drawers not aligned, screws coming loose and falling out, screws in the control panel area were screwed into plumbing, cables not installed properly, satellite into the cable and vice versa. Slide screws coming out, shower door leaked because they did not caulk when it was installed. The installers should be fired. I have a 3 page list of poorly installed items. I sent the list to Forest River...no response. General RV is as piss poor as they come as well. The sales process was awesome and then it went downhill from there. They took more than a year to fix all the problems, then the manufacturer denied the the claims that were reported a week after delivery because the one year warranty period had expired because General RV took that long to fix the defects. I am still waiting on parts from 2 years ago. I will not buy another Prime Time (Forest River) Sanibel again. Drawers installed poorly, They were not aligned and wont close all the way. Doors coming off, and I noticed about half the hinges are loose and had to be tightened. Wine cooler, built in, not supposed to be. Poor ventilation, panel screwed onto frame missed 2 of the 4 screws. Had to remove panel because the thermostat is on the back side of the unit and not accessible. This should be installed on hinges in order to access the thermostat. Ice maker not hooked up. No water line was run to the back side or even near the refrigerator slide out. I installed it myself and it works great. Cables were installed improperly for the satellite and cable tv. The orange cable and black cable were switched. I was able to take care of this myself. Screws used to fasten the cable tv connector to the panel were too long. One of them was protruding into the plumbing fitting on the back side of the panel. Screws used in the control panel where water and cable tv hook-ups are located, are rusting within a week of purchase. This is an area that is wet often and stainless screws should have been used. I replaced the sub standard screws with stainless. Fireplace rotating flame has stopped working on the very first camping trip. There is no manual for the fireplace and no remote control. Screws were protruding through the floor in the bedroom closet. Whatever was being fastened to the underside, the screws were too long. This injured me and I could only use a hammer to force the screw back through the floor because it could not be accessed from underneath. Frosted glass in cabinet doors is easily damaged causing holes to appear in the glass. This should be protected with a film or plastic sheet to prevent frosted effect from damage from items rubbing against it. A lot of things move in an rv. First trip caused damage on bedroom door and on pantry door. Shower leaks, caulk needs to be used at each end because water in the door tray travels to each end and then finds its way underneath the metal, then travels to the front and falls to the floor along the front edge. Screen door screws came out of latch. Would not hold after trying to re tighten. Had to use bigger screws and glue to hold in place. There was also a lot of debris under the furniture or behind it that is difficult to clean because we don’t have a vacuum attachment long enough to get to it. The furniture is fastened to the floor. No corner trim on bottom edge of kitchen cabinets above stove top range. Rough edges are visible and cheap looking. The closet clothes rod was installed way too close to the door. There was about four inches of clearance and a standard hanger has at least 8 inches, so if you hang clothes up, you can’t close the doors. Screws are coming loose and falling out on the large bedroom slide trim, and the fender trim.
- Kevin Souder, Florida

2019-10-07 2018 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS View Listings

Really like the the floor plan , however day they delivered the trailer bedroom slide out wouldn’t go out unless you over rode the system. {They came out and replaced the motor } The shower leaked Then after one year the air conditioning went out one week later the hot water heater went out . Then when we went to close up this October once again the bedroom motor doesn’t work , again . This camper is permanently parked at a camp ground
- Ted &Cindy Baier, Wisconsin

2019-10-05 2006 Newmar Cypress 32CKRE View Listings

This Newmar 5th wheel is very comfortable and economical to heat and cool. We purchased this unit to travel to Florida from January thru May each year. This RV has a large amount of storage with the pantry and lazy susan making it almost like cooking at home. There are more than adequate amount of full size drawers in the kitchen, bedroom and bathroom. With the two recliners, sofa and the surround sound makes viewing TV very comfortable A large heated basement that supplied all the storage space needed. I had no difficulty in towing, it is well balanced and it also has excellent braking system.
- John Van Lew, North Carolina

2019-10-04 2019 Forest River Riverstone 39RKFB View Listings

We loved the RV but when we got it home there was damage behind the chair. When we told them about it they would not stand behind it and then we had a flat before we had 5000 miles on it and the tire was defected from the begining and they would't sta d behind it either. Would never buy another Forest River RV. And never ever buy anything from JMat RV in Pacola OK.
- Donna Matlock, Arkansas

2019-10-04 2017 Highland Ridge RV Open Range 3X 349RLS View Listings

Have owned a 2017 349RLS 3X for 3 years. The very wide slides make the living area the widest/largest by far. The residential refrigerator is great. Ice maker and water dispenser are great too. Residential shower is great. The factory support is beyond what my salesperson said would happen when I brought in for a repair. Some slide coverings underneath were peeling. A few other items and Highland Ridge approved the repairs instantly. What is not as great - 3 20lb propane tanks - kind of a strange setup, but no doubt easier to handle 20lb tanks. The tires they put on these RV's is very annoying because they are not meant for much use. Oh, and on the living room slides you get the same large windows on each slide, including a large window on the back. I have used this RV down to single digits with ease - all things enclosed. And, I have owned a travel trailer and another fifth wheel, and this one came from the factory with the spray (forget the name of this stuff) around the underneath to ensure all little nooks and cranny's were sealed to further keep the RV insulated, and critters out. I like the electronic door opener too. 80 or 88 gal water tank is nice, but I don't dry camp much, but helps in that I don't use city water connection. I prefer to fillup and use the pump system. Another curious things is why it didn't come with a screen door or screen on the door?? It has a coat hanger on it so I use that to cover the window. No carpet save the bedroom is really nice too - i.e. we have dogs so easier to keep vinyl floor clean. Sunshade and privacy window coverings nice too - just pull one or both down.
- Steven Berley, Oregon

2019-10-03 2019 Keystone Montana 3791RD View Listings

We have had nothing but issues since the day we bought it. We were promised the RV on a certain date and never received it until about 2 to 3 months after the date we were supposed to receive it. We have had it in the shop longer than we have used it. We just got it out of the shop a couple of days ago and the warranty is over there is a leak on the roof and the Light strip on top is missing, this is on top of the 37 issues It has been in the shop for since we bought it. I would not recommend this vehicle to anyone it’s a nightmare.
- Loni, Minnesota

2019-10-02 2019 Heartland Bighorn Traveler 39FL View Listings

Bought new in mY 2019 and have not had a chance to use it yet due to problems. Got it home, put levelers down. Put the slides out, kitchen slide out sounded like metal rubbing on metal. Went ahead and put some water in the tanks just to check pressure and water pump and hot water heater. Noticed water leaking outside and some on the inside. Took it back to the dealer they replaced the slide seal and advised water systems were all ok. I noticed that the tank drain was pointing up at an angle but got no comment from the advisor. Got it home, kitchen slide now creaking like wood on wood, roller was on top of new seal. Noticed cowling underneath by drain pipe was falling off. Took it back to dealer, fixed roller problem. Advised me that it would be unsafe to take home since the black water tank had detached, cracking pipes and could fall off on the highway. Advisor is working on getting warranty approval so we can take a trip the end of the month. I will update later. The ratings for warranty and livability are just a WAG till all is over and done.🤞
- Steve Larison, Florida

2019-10-02 2019 Keystone Cougar 315RLS View Listings

The 315RLS has a great floor plan. We bought the unit December 11th 2018.The unit overall has been good. Some minor issues with the kingsize bed platform I had to redo and secure again.The main problem I have had is the rear Dometic A/C went out 6 months aftercwe bought it. This was only used 4 times on weekend trips. Then the Refrigerator went out. Thank goodness it runs on gas and electric. Had to run it on gas on out next trip as the electric dometic unit did not function. On the A/C unit I called the dealer and was told only they would service it. Other Dealers would not. I called Camping world and got no satisfaction. So now the extended warrenty 6 years is somewhat useless. The Keystone was called and Dometic co. (by my repair man, local) and did get them to send a new unit and it was installed. So far working. After me having to pay costs of install $300.00 As for the refrig I called a repair man that does Dometic and he came out and replaced a outside fuse and it seems to be working. Afain my out of pocket costs was $155.80. Hoping the next trip is uneventful It is Oct.2019
- Thomson Gallagher, Florida

2019-10-01 2020 Grand Design Momentum 376TH View Listings

Had nothing but trouble from First day. Rear awning would not extend fully day I bought and had to take camper back month later. Shower soaked floor first time I used and I had to caulk bottom rail of shower door. Furnace showed error code on control panel and had to take camper back to dealer. Now furnace making squealing noise and has to go back again! I would not recommend this brand to anyone!! Garage is excellent and is perfect for Harley Trike.
- John Morris, Colorado

2019-10-01 2020 Heartland Bighorn 3870FB View Listings

As, I stated previously a ordinary customer that would was taken advantage of and was told sign here and here. Take off in one of heartlands best coach. Be careful while driving back the “Gorilla Glue hasn’t dried completely. “ “ just give me your money and leave.” Yeah, that’s heartlands policy.” Mr. Warranty, While you finish dictating me your policy handbook, in your spare time check out your website regarding the 3870FB. It suppose to have a towel racks. Toilet paper holder and hand towel holder’s, but you know ours didn’t even come with that. We, have mice coming through all the holes in our 2020 Big Horn. Water leaking behind toilet and sink. Patched up work with crayon. Can’t even open a window the sounds of crack window starts to squeal. Thank you Mr. Warranty. I am dying anyway. By the time anyone from HEARTLAND that has a heart and wants to help us it called “ to being human.“ Do it for all the other ordinary customers that have given there hard earned money straight to you and tell them “Heartland made you the best Fifth Wheels. There will be no need of warranty because we do CARE for our customers” Have a blessed day 🙏. What happened to humanity. Thank you. Mr. Warranty. Enclosed, is a picture of the customer that was told “ your getting the best. Just sign paperwork and your life savings and here’s the keys. Enjoy”, but she never did. Her simple life. She died.
- Suzi, New Mexico

2019-10-01 2020 Forest River Sabre 36FRP View Listings

I was hesitant to buy this RV because I could not find much info. The floor plan was exactly what we were looking for, and really had no many options, so, we decided for it. We are mostly stationary with some short traveling. It handles well on the road, no surprises there. We have noticed that it cools better than previous RV's, so seems to be well insulated for an RV. I guess the white glossy helps and looks beautiful, but it gets easily dirty, so you will need extra cleaning. The master bedroom/primary bath, is common to all the Sabre designs I saw, and I guess they got it right. Spacious with lots of cabinets. The 2nd. AC is a must, as well as the versa bed (reclinable). No complaints there, except for the shower head/faucets that look cheap and are different than the rest. The main living area fits our needs perfectly, once again with a lot of storage and counter space. The residential fridge, for our purpose was a must, and work much better than our previous gas/electric ones. The dining with chairs is much more comfortable and usable than the bench ones, at least for us, and the Recliners are comfortable, although the controls for heating/massage seem to be too sensitive. The radio/DVD and speakers are subprime, and the TVs that came with it are HORRIBLE. Furniture is in the low quality side, and paper scratches easily, but is about the same across brands on the price range. The oven is a little too small, they should have gone with a little bigger one, specially since the microwave is not a convection microwave. The bunkhouse has good storage space and a huge TV that may be even too big for the room, sacrificing extra storage space. Outdoors, the placement of the speakers is, from our point of view, wrong, and they are also cheap. The utilities control is one of the cheapest ones, but gets the job done. The basement door under the bedroom slide, opens downwards. While some people thinks it is wrong, I love it, it will avoid crushing it if forget to close it before closing slide. The front steps are solid steps and really nice, but on the rear door steps they went the cheapest possible option, in my case will need upgrade soon. The outdoor kitchen lacks of a sink. I understand the reason for it but it is missed. It has 2 fridges, which I think it is an excess. I removed one to have more counter space. The blue lights everywhere outside (Including kitchen) get annoying and don't help much. The rear rack is helpful. The spare tire location reduces load capacity. (I will be removing it). Once you start opening things, you start finding the issues. Sabre decided to go with flexible PVC reinforced tubes instead of PEX. I guess it saves costs in material and labor and there are less connectors to blow up. (You still use same connectors as PEX) However, this kind of material are susceptible to damage if rubbing against something. In my case, it rubbed against a screw, and leaked all over the fuse box and converter. That is the only issue I really have had in 6 months. Cables are a mess, and all connections really done in a rush. Once again, this is an overall problem with ALL brands in the price range. I have owned RVs from all other major manufacturers (2012 Dutchmen Coleman, 2016 Heartland Mallard and 2019 Keystone Cougar), and the Sabre has been the best performer with less issues of all of them, but i did not have major issues with either. Always remember to have the RV inspected by a pro before buying. I have to highly recommend Sabre
- Gerardo Gonzalez, Florida