5th Wheel Reviews on RV Insider (2,330)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with 5th Wheel RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

CJ from Montana says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2017 Grand Design Solitude 379FL View Listings

To start, the Sa lesmen talked it up of course. It does look nice, pulls well, and is livable. The issues I've had make me realize that the manufacturer doesn't build it to handle the road. All four leaf springs had to be replaced, one broke in half on the road, 2 others bent. This was from normal interstate, and campground driving. The other issues are light fixtures loose and ready to fall off, fenders loose, screws backing out, roof sealant cracked, gapped and ready to leak, wall in the rear storage compartment separating, bedroom slide stopped working directly after the shop had it all day, shaded don't go up, window cranks strip out etc.. The biggest issue is the dealership's service. I learned that I had to watch the mechanics while they worked on it or go around after they were "done" and inspect to make sure it was fixed correctly. After calling them out on faulty repairs, going back 7 times, some for the same issue, dealer told me they won't work on it anymore and I need to find another service shop. Wow, is all I can say. What about warranty, and forever warranty they brag about? Basically every time I left the shop there was another issue to go back for.. They did however fix some issues correctly, but all in all I am less then impressed. We'll see if the manufacturer helps me out.. Save yourself tons of headaches and time.
- CJ, Montana

2020-03-26 2015 Heartland Bighorn 3160EL View Listings

Absolutely the worst purchase I have ever made. I would be hard pressed to come up with any item on the trailer that has not needed repair. I travel extensively with the unit and each time out there are multiple malfunctions with the unit. The service from the dealer and manufacturer is non existent,therefore I have to perform all my own repairs. This trailer should have been driven of the dealers lot and place permanently on a concrete slab.
- garystoychoff, Wisconsin

2020-03-25 2018 Keystone Montana 3160RL View Listings

We special ordered the Legacy model with all the bells and whistles. The rear cap is very nice, 6 point hyd leveler, insulated very nicely, fireplace knocks-out the chill in the morning, the in-house computerized controls are awesome, tows very nice with Moryde pin box and suspension, added 500w solar with 2000w inverter and 4 6v AGM batteries. We have been very happy with this Monty. We will be selling in near future because we're scaling-down on all our toys.
- Mike Rookstool, California

2020-03-25 2019 Keystone Montana 3701LFK View Listings

Ugh... ok, here we go... Propane line was being bent when stove slide out was out so the stove and hot water heater wouldn’t work (only worked and didn’t pinch with that slide in). The passenger side propane regulator didn’t work and had to be replaced. The entire front door area is a complete mess. The overall design is a just bad and shame on me for not testing/seeing this before I signed the papers. The front door won’t open all the way when the stove slide is out causing the pull down steps to scrape the door and screen door badly if you try to pull them down in that state. Also, If someone opens the door from the inside and don’t know this, the door slams into the side of the slide. The only way to make sure the steps DO NOT scrap the door is ONLY when the door and screen are 100% open (and the only way to do that is when the stove slide is all the way in). The large fancy steps don’t lock into place well (when in the up/stored position) and wiggle quite a bit, causing the door to hit them when the door closes (once again causing scratches and damage to the door and steps every time the door gets shut). This makes you push really hard to get the door to shut 100% because the heavy steps are pushing up against it. You can only image how beat up and ugly all this gets after just a little bit of moderate use. The screen door was also loose and missing screws as well. It’s a poorly constructed and design mess. LazyDays service basically tells me the same thing. I am beyond unhappy and disappointed because I targeted Montana for it’s quality... man was I screwed. This is my third RV and is has/had the most issues by far. The leveling system keeps blowing fuses and the legs just stop in the middle of going up or down. More than one storage door had closing issues. Interior moulding has fallen off twice. My rear dump tank valves do not work/leak causing “crap” to come out of the main dump valve no matter how much I think the Gray/black valves are closed. The leveling system digital read out went out and had to be “reset”. My awning plastic mechanical covers have fallen off multiple times and I am currently missing two again. A paperboard wall in my large storage bay keeps falling out and keeps having to be Renailed/stapled. The master bedroom wardrobe door that’s up against the back window doesn’t not open all way because the door hits the window The time I’ve spent dropping it off and picking it up from LazyDays’ service department is beyond frustrating. I have zero confidence in this coach right now and feel I am just waiting for the next thing to break... and/or re-break. I love RV’ing but this thing is really putting a real dent in that for me. Don’t really know what else to say other than stay away from these newer models. They are not built well even though they make it seem like they are so amazing based on their current marketing and YouTube videos.
- Dekin Dorcas, Florida

2020-03-23 2018 Keystone Springdale 253FWRE View Listings

Love the cozy feel of this RV. The fireplace with the TV situated above it is perfect for chilly nights. The kitchen is a perfect size and has everything you need for cooking that perfect meal. Of course, the retractable awnings on the outside make it great to have friends over for a BBQ while listening to music. There is plenty of seating inside with the 2 leather recliners, the couch (also a bed) and the dining room table/benches (converts to yet another bed). The bathroom has two doors to make it easy for your guests to use it without having to go through the bedroom. The bathroom is bright and light with a skylight over the shower. There is a sliding door from the bathroom to the bedroom so it does not take up any additional space. The bedroom has a queen size bed with nightstands and a another skylight. Many windows throughout make you feel like you are part of nature. There is so much storage in this RV! There is tons of built in storage in the living/dining areas. There are armoires throughout the bedroom with rods to hang clothing. There is storage inside and outside - anywhere you can think of! The best thing about this RV is it is in brand new condition. It has barely had any use, and you are getting it all for so much less than buying a brand new one from a dealer. Price is negotiable too!
- Chad, Texas

2020-03-23 2019 Keystone Montana High Country 305RL View Listings

How about my Montana high country 305rl August of 2018 frigerator give me problems first it went out and the latches on propane doors was not on lights in the bedroom was not working properly I fixed the refrigerator myself fuse was blown it did it again in 2019 and keystone wouldn't stand behind it cost me $1,200 I'll never buy another keystone product
- Richard, Mississippi

2020-03-23 2017 Palomino Columbus Compass 384RD View Listings

As soon as we took delivery from Camping World on this coach, everything starting falling off the walls, window treatments, covers, TV fell in the floor and shattered, pull cables were too hard to pull, tires wore out in less than 5,000 miles, awning after 2 years tore for no reason at all. Too afraid to take it anywhere with something else going wrong.
- David Akins, South Carolina

2020-03-22 2019 Highland Ridge RV Highlander HF350H View Listings

We started having issues shortly after picking up our brand new camper. Heater not working, GFI flipped constantly, molding pulled away from outside, bump on frames . Leach RV did document all issues and fixed molding, had move GFI to a new place, since manufacturers installed in a spot that got water in it . After a month at Dealership pick up camper.two months later refrigerator broke. Dealship came out to fix. Then winter camp heater still not working , found that floor behind couch pulling away from wall. Sent to dealership to fix heater again ( all they do is replace the thermostat). Floor was approved to fix by manufacturer. Finally goes back to manufacture to address bump on frame. Manufacturer had for two months ( had to fight for them to pay for transport both to and from) . Now slide out broke. Camper is only 2 years old and have yet to use it for a while season or not have an issues. Heater still not working right. We are having it looked at by a gentlemen that works on campers and works with our warranty. Thank goodness we brought the extended warranty. Manufacturer not working with us on all our issues . They made and sold a lemon. We are now looking at what or option are.
- Dan, Pennsylvania

2020-03-21 2008 Forest River Rockwood Signature Ultra Lite 8284SS View Listings

We’ve owned our camper for 10 years & it still looks and performs as well as the first day we bought it. As an allergy sufferer, I am very impressed with the quality of materials, insulation, windows, and long-term dryness that has been maintained. We couldn’t be happier and have many wonderful memories. Thank you!
- Pati Hoyt, Maryland

2020-03-20 2018 Prime Time Crusader 340RST View Listings

We have had nothing but issues since we bought it. The rook leaks all the time. The stripping around the inside ceiling keeps coming off throughout the entire RV. The siding doors want stay on track and one of them broke 2 months after we bought it. I will never by another one. Wish I knew then what I know now. Read all the reviews before you buy one.
- Andrea Cater , Tennessee

2020-03-20 2015 Grand Design Solitude 379FL View Listings

I own a 379 FL. It is a very livable trailer. The service that is given is the worst of any product that I have ever owned. The design of the slides is awful. There is no way to prevent leaks around the slide bars. Worst purchase that I ever made.
- John, Louisiana

2020-03-20 2020 Heartland Milestone 377MB View Listings

We bought our milestone to live in full time with a 3 year old daughter and an 8 month old son. We shopped for 2 years beforehand and finally settled on this unit. After living in it for 6 months I can say we love it! There is plenty of space for our needs and lots of cabinetry to store things. The pantry in the kitchen could be a little bigger and the counter space gets a little crowded in the kitchen but we fix light meals and don’t spend a lot of time in the kitchen. The middle bunk with the sliding door is perfect for our daughter. Her extra middle 1/2 bath is a huge bonus we didn’t realize would get the use it does. Plus a second toilet tank is super helpful if your needing the space between emptying tanks. The floor plan works nicely and the living space is perfect for sitting and being together and doesn’t feel crowded with the added tall ceilings. Overall we are satisfied and would make this decision again... thanks heartland!
- Michael lesniak, Florida

2020-03-18 2019 Redwood RV Redwood 3901MB View Listings

This is the prettiest 5th wheel we have ever seen. It's gorgeous inside with high ceilings and plenty of room. It's too big for us but it's spectacular! King size bed, washer/dryer, dishwasher, all the bells and whistles you would ever want or need.
- Lori Kattner, North Carolina

2020-03-17 2019 Heartland Gateway 3900MB View Listings

The overall build quality is poor and would offer caution to anyone looking at a new purchase from Heartland. I immediately repaired two water leaks, corrected the check-valve for the black water flush, and repaired the main door after it would not lock. I discovered the dead-bolt was nearly 1/2" off and had to dremel out the hole to secure. This was all the very first night I took the unit home! Then all the exterior seals over the slides kept coming out on the first trip and would have to climb up top and push them back into place. Around the 3rd trip the awning fabric came loose on one end when storing and completely pulled loose releasing one end and it bent that arm requiring replacement. Both of these were due to them not properly securing the seals and awning during initial installation. Around the 4th or 5th trip the fascia trim over the dining room slide out fell off during transit and I reattached when we got to our destination. Mind you most of this was within the first 2 months of taking delivery! Fast forward several months- we discovered a soft-spot in the floor between the kitchen island and the dining slide. We contacted dealer several times and the manufacturer and could get no help from either. The unit went into storage for the winter. My mistake here was not taking it to the dealer then. We just took the unit on a short trip around the holidays and found the floor to be much worse. We took it to the dealer this time and they found the problem and notified the manufacturer of a defect when they had installed the seal around the slide. Heartland has refused to help with the claim because it is now past the 1-year warranty even knowing it is due to their craftsmanship. The dealer wants $4900.00 to repair and our insurance will not cover because it is a manufacturing defect and water entry related. Had someone helped us initially it would have been inside the 1-year warranty. It appears we have 3-year warranty on the floors but still no help. We are so frustrated with the whole mess! This unit has been kept in dry storage since we purchased and taken very good care of. We have not neglected or abused this product at all. This was a sizable investment for us and we really thought we were making a smart purchase with the money spent. It just shows that spending a lot doesn't mean you are getting a higher quality product. If anyone has any advice I truly appreciate! I would never recommend any product whatsoever from Heartland. I realize there will always be issues with a new unit but I went way beyond the norm from the very beginning in doing all the repairs initially......
- Dwayne Hutchinson, Texas

2020-03-17 2015 Evergreen Bay Hill 320RS View Listings

I just bought this rv used and can’t seem to get heater working. It comes on for a few minutes and the cuts off. It is cool air that blows out. Any information would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.
- Michael christy, Kentucky

2020-03-16 2020 Winnebago Micro Minnie 2405RG View Listings

I hate parting with this Micro Minnie 21 foot... I thoroughly enjoyed this Camper and was not a problem hauling it behind my V6 Nissan Xterra. Great for two people had a blast with all the Comforts of home. :o(
- Jamie Olsen, Arizona

2020-03-15 2011 Keystone Montana High Country 323RL View Listings

we have had ours going on our 6th season, absolutely love the interior storage. the 323rl has a real full size useable coat closet that you don't see in newer models. the dry weight is only 9200Lbs makes for an easy tow and has plenty of exterior storage as well. we like the mix of dark wood trim/doors that go well with the distressed white in the kitchen. the heated enclosed underbelly has been tested by us in temps as low as 25 degrees without any complications. we have upgraded the furniture to a 87" sofa bed size that fits along back wall even with slides retracted. the holding tank capacities are very good for our purpose, we have 65 fresh, 50 black and 90 grey total split between 2 tanks. Originally designed for only 1 coax cable reception, I modified the MBR for a stand alone coax connection allowing for satellite TV reception, the coach was pre-wired so we added a second AC unit along with slide toppers, this AC unit can also accommodate a heat pump as well if needed, all combined makes camping in 100 degrees very tolerable. the previous owners did not treat decals correctly so many were removed yet some were replaced. overall, we really are glad we found/bought this coach, the only thing we don't like is the vessel sink in bathroom that is soon to be remodeled with a better sink/vanity. This 5th wheel came with a 7 function remote so setting up and leveling is a breeze and the JT Stabilizers front/rear were simple to install and well worth the $300 kit. We also removed the original sofa sleeper and replaced it with a La z boy power loveseat recliner. we also reupholstered the 5 dining room chairs to match the new furniture. The desk area was modified ( less 5th chair ) to accommodate a medium size wire dog kennel. Plenty of storage under MBR bed and the front closet is very adequate for clothing and other necessities. this unit was plumbed for a washer/dryer but this coach came with shelving for excellent bedroom storage plus the 3 drawer dresser. Pretty damn good 5th wheel design, far better than what the last 5 years has produced, we truly enjoy the overall aspect and with scheduled maintenance, upgrades and fix as required, this coach will last us well into retirement !!! Highly recommended.
- Phil Krolikowski, Colorado

2020-03-12 2019 Forest River Cedar Creek Hathaway 38CK2 View Listings

We bought the 2019 Cedar Creek Hathaway new from Lazy Days in Tampa in October of 2018 and we are full-timers. The quality of construction, livability, amenities and towing are everything you could ask for. The disappointment in this experience has been the number of problems we have had with all the accessories and difficulty in reaching somebody in the warranty dept. at Forrest River. Fortunately for us we had purchased the USA Travel Care 5 year warranty and they have been right on. A list of problems: awning motor froze, dishwasher stopped working, door latch on clothes washer broke, the left refrigerator door's swing latch stopped latching, the fireplace heater burnt out, the microwave burnt out - these problems occurred within the first year. I understand there are usually problems with new units but isn't this a little much? There was a punch list of minor things after our walk thru but Lazy Days took care of those.
- Eric Putnam, Florida

2020-03-12 2017 Heartland Big Country 3950 FB View Listings

Good product and like all other rvs, you just have to get through all the repairs and unfinished factory issues. Extended warranty is crap, so get everything done first year. This unit is wonderful if full timing it, but not for weekend camping.
- Gary Henderson , Virginia

2020-03-10 2020 Keystone Cougar Half-Ton 27SGS View Listings

Like stairs entrance very solid. Light on steps and easy chairs, TV and fireplace are great. Deep sinks and kitchen faucet nice. I have more counter space. 4 kitchen drawers Bathroom large shower bedroom closet needs side cabinets with selves. Dislikes kitchen cabinets only have one self and you can only reach the bottom shelf no pantry no place for cereals cans or anything. Even pot area is under sink. Very little built in selves. Molding all over falls off little staples Refrigerator makes noise. Air conditioner runs 24 hrs when hot and you can’t hear TV. Awning doesn’t work tech on phone can’t fix. Computer brain a pain in butt. Made poorLy. design Poor they need to hire women engineers to lay out kitchen. Over all not a happy camper.
- Betty Campbe , Michigan

2020-03-09 2020 Keystone Alpine 3700FL View Listings

March 8, 2020 We waited 6 months to get into this floorplan. We have had several RV's, most recently a Montana High Country 343RL. Three weeks into staying in this unit for business out of state and what a load of issues. If I could only post the accompanying pictures, you would be terrified. Let me summarize: 1) 3 major ceiling water leaks. Window in very front has 2" puddle daily when it rains. Water has damaged wood counter and tv below in cabinet. 2 cents rain down inside. 2) no hot water (on demand system) Dealer tested, 78° F peak temperature in shower. Kitchen sink, 4 feet away, lukewarm at best 3) no heat in back bath,I mean zero air flow. Dealer found wrong size BTU furnace was installed into a 43' unit. 4) Trim falling off, several locations throughout 5) Cabinet ball-bearing slides broken on cabinet doors 6) 2nd bath toilet valve broke toilet fills every 45 minutes. 7) Auto level system puts nose on ground/doesn't auto retract 8) wall frozen behind toilet in main bath, to the point water in toilet froze 9) cable in doesn't work 10) satellite was installed incorrectly and is not usable 11) mattress ruined after 2 nights, unusable We have many more issues going on, these are just the major ones. We haven't even made a payment yet! Seriously contemplating the lemon law on this unit. We miss our Montana. Hard to believe both units are made by same company.
- Lawerence , Idaho

2020-03-09 2020 Forest River Sandpiper 379FLOK View Listings

First thing is the absence of an owners manual. I call to inquire about a owners manual and was told just get it on line very rude. I went on line and what's there is for older units nothing for new campers. Next the problems I've found is poor quality control in the factory like crushed duct work,weather stripping not installed, molding felling off and the laminate lifting off the floor. I found these thing's before I even used this trailer. The 5th wheel is New never used and I have all these problems customer service said that's why there is a warranty. I guess to hell with quality and customer service.
- Michael Banaszak, Michigan

2020-03-08 2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 Series 295RL View Listings

Awesome floor plan with lots of storage. 150 towable, fold out comfy couch in living room, big pantry, large center island with sink, well built, outside shower, short bed friendly, lots of windows with great natural light, pretty interior color scheme, nice bathroom with lots of towel and other storage, under bed storage, pass through, and furrion oven.
- Heather , Tennessee

2020-03-07 2015 Redwood RV Redwood 38GK View Listings

This is a product review about the Thor brand(s) Thor owns many brands including Crossroads, Keystone, Jayco, Starcraft, KZ and more. Our $127,000 MSRP Thor Redwood camper that first went into service 5-1-16 had several serious issues. The most recent that was just out of the warranty period and not covered was a $4,000 floor rot repair that they could not ascertain how it happened. They did cover the following during the warranty period, but did nothing for the inconvenience or the cost involved for travel or lodging. Asking them directly several times to answer this question, Neither the dealer or Thor industries would tell me “this many problems was rare or unacceptable.” -brakes on this 16,000 LB unit, failed 4 separate times. 3 of the times were shortly after I paid the dealer to inspect them. All recommended maintenance was done, mostly by their dealers -many different plumbing leaks/failures including raw sewage leaking into the underside wrap -tire sidewalls cracked after less than 2 years. Mfg. paid half. -4 separate slide out failures including motor replacement. -several pieces of trim fell off -shower floor cracked twice -toilet had to be replaced just out of warranty. -tank level sensors never worked -several door latches, window and shade hardware, wiring and lighting, etc., failed. Carpet had to be re-installed -We no longer feel confident to take this trailer anywhere due to the never ending problems.
- Randy Johnson, Georgia

2020-03-06 2019 Keystone Montana High Country 305RL View Listings

This 2019 High Country is junk. I’ve owned it for 16 months and it’s been in the shop for 8 months. Auto leveling jacks, leaky slide out, refrigerator, door won’t close, on and on. Can’t wait to get rid of it. Buyer beware!!!
- Paul Eschbach, Pennsylvania