Class B Reviews on RV Insider (292)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Class B RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Jack Baker from Nevada says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2016 Pleasure-Way Plateau FL View Listings

I bought it on June 13th. I have a family reunion July 7-11; I'm leaving on July 6. On June 19-20, I took it to Zion NP to check everything out. The refer would not cool; took it back to the dealer. The cooling unit has a pinhole leak preventing it from reaching an acceptable refer temp. The dealer is unable to obtain a replacement refer from Dometic before my trip. I called Pleasure Way. The claim they need all of their Dometic refer stock for units in production. Basically, they said "You bought it, good-bye". I have lost all respect for Pleasure Way and do not expect decent service for any future warranty claims, if any. I am disgusted as I have to take an ice chest for a two-week trip in an already crowded RV. Pleasure Way gets one star because I could not rate them any lower.
- Jack Baker, Nevada

2020-05-25 2016 Coachmen Prism LE 2200 View Listings

This is a solid RV and can manage some vertical in the mountains. It is easy to navigate on highways or back roads. Great for disbursement camping in National forests. Lots of storage underneath. Great hitch for kayak or bike racks on the back.
- Carolyn Berson, Colorado

2020-05-24 2018 Roadtrek E-trek Agile View Listings

Great RV for travel. Really liked that it can park anywhere there is a parking space. Stealth camping much easier with the HOA friendly version of no on top AC unit not awning. The exterior shower door on the driver side is the only item that has an RV fell to it. As easy to drive and park as a van or large pickup truck. The under carriage AC unit kept our height low enough that in Zion National Park we could go through the tunnels without a guide vehicle. Size was also a plus in that the fuel milage was really good at around 20-25 MPG. The storage spaces are all very well thought out and provide ample space to keep belongings (if you move stuff around each time). Downside was that we purchsed to live in and travel. This is NOT a live in full time (for us) vehicle as there is not a lot of space for 2 to store stuff and not have to move things around in ooder to get to other things. We did research and there are others that are doing it with no issues but a little cramped for us. Great RV for trips but not enough, for us, to full time in.
- Lonnie, Tennessee

2020-05-11 2020 Winnebago View 24D View Listings

This was my first time RV ing, took a trip to Prescott Az. I was not impressed with my 2020 Winnebago view 24D, It really rode a little out of control, constantly liked to move either left or right, I was double knuckle all the way. Only thing I really love is C/control system, my BMW has the same system I was impressed how well it did the job, “following those confused democrat on the road is not easy”, ac system failed miserably, sound of beeping awning wireless device was un bareable. The ride on suspension is great but control is not there completely! Got to take it back for repaire 60 miles away,
- Bob Haydari, California

2020-04-27 2002 Chinook Concourse XL View Listings

Always stored inside. Mint condition in and out. They don't make quality units like this anymore. No seams, solid fiberglass body construction, all oak wood cabinets, maintenance records & receipts from origination date. All manuals and catalogs. Perfect size 21 ft coach/24 ft overall makes easy parking in any campground, State & National Parks. Near the mountain or the stream where big rigs can only dream about. Make your memories with this RV
- Sam Zeno, Illinois

2020-04-25 2013 Leisure Travel Vans Unity MB View Listings

Very livable RV for one to two people on short trips for a week or two. Murphy bed is very comfortable and easy for one person to put up and down. Lots of storage space. Pop-up TV. Easy to drive van, backup camera, GPS, loaded with features.
- PJ Brown, Arizona

2020-04-19 2017 Airstream Interstate Grand Tour EXT View Listings

Easy to drive and park, fits in a handicapped parking spot, Plenty of power and stability (with the VR Air Ride Suspension upgrade). We have seen 20 + MPG on long flat stretches and averaged 16.7 MPG on over 7,000 mile since last reset on odometer number 2. On board generator and solar make it easy to go off grid for days. Smaller size allows easy access in restricted State Parks while still being fully self contained. Can be serviced at most Mercedes Dealerships across the country. Overall an excellent vehicle!
- Brian P, Washington

2020-04-16 2019 Airstream Atlas Murphy Suite View Listings

this is a Wonderfull camper everything is over the top as far as quality and craftsmanship. I would highly recommend it to anyone that wants to see the world. my business just took off last year and we are even busier this year and cant enjoy it like I would like to thats the only reason we are selling. I cant say enough about it you must see to believe.
- james owens, Missouri

2020-04-13 2017 Dynamax Isata 3 24FW View Listings

First we love the look, the 100% paint without decals. Easy to drive for myself and wife. The V6 Diesel is very strong and set the cruise and hill do not slow it! Inside with one long slide is very roomy. We wanted two recliners, with the TV off to the slight left is easy to view. I am 6ft 3” so the 50 by 80 inch Queen size bed is comfortable!
- Gerry Griep, Colorado

2020-04-09 2020 American Coach Patriot MD4 View Listings

Clearly the nicest interior and best layout of any Class B 170 Ext Sprinter chassis. Exterior is exceptional with minimal hatches. Doesn't look like an RV - more like a luxury limo. Very refined looking. Only 100 watts of solar was standard on our coach but there is room for one additional panel which I will add soon. The AGM battery is massive and it is located under the rear of the coach in front of the trailer hitch. There was no macerator on our coach but 2021 models will offer that option. Black tank is small but certainly adequate. We have a portable macerator pump that works great so no big deal. The bathroom is well designed and functional with an exhaust fan and LED ceiling lights. The audio system is powered by a Fusion RA770 head unit with 4 JL Audio speakers (2 front & 2 rear). A blue ray player is flush mounted next to the Fusion head unit in the rear of the coach. It feeds both the front and rear TVs. The system would benefit from the addition of a subwoofer to enhance base, which is needed in such an expansive interior. Both TVs can operate independently or share content. There are USB ports in the second row of Maybach style seating up front. The galley is just right for this coach with an induction cook top and convection microwave oven. There's a small under counter fridge, and a vertical pantry that helps separate the galley from the rear coach lounge area. The large rear lounge is awesome and the power folding couch is the most comfortable of all Class B units available - and we looked at ALL of them. It converts to a king sized bed! Cabinetry throughout is top quality with heavy duty hardware and latches that actually stay shut. All cabinets are fully lined. No squeaks or rattles going down the road. The Firefly multiplex system is easy to learn and use. There are displays at the dashboard, galley, and rear lounge area. It controls interior lighting, the Onan propane generator, water system, ESPAR diesel furnace (which is exceptional), the 13,500 but roof air conditioner, 2000 watt inverter and provides tank monitors for the fresh water, gray, black, and propane tanks. Driving this coach is a breeze. The Mercedes Benz chassis, powered by the new generation 3.0 diesel engine is responsive and incredibly fuel efficient given its size and weight. New for 2020 is a 7 speed transmission which is a perfect match for the 3.0 diesel. Our coach came equipped with all of the latest Mercedes Benz safety features, such as distronic cruise control, lane keeping assist, blind spot monitoring and collision avoidance technology. The 10 inch display is fantastic and can be controlled from the steering wheel, which also has transmission paddle shifters! Driver and passenger seating is incredibly luxurious and comfortable. Ride quality is excellent as delivered, but I added Sumosprings to reduce body roll. That simple upgrade perfected the ride quality which is far better than I anticipated for a 3500 170 EXT high top chassis. She is rock solid even in heavy cross winds. Driving visibility forward and on both sides is excellent. Parking is a snap with the multi view rear parking camera. But that 170 EXT chassis is pretty long - so you will take up 1.5 parking spaces front to back. Small price to pay for all that extra interior space and enhanced ride thanks to the extended wheel base. Midwest Automotive Designs is producing the American Coach Patriot MD4 for the REV Group. Its essentially the same vehicle as the Midwest Passage. Their folks are friendly and quite helpful. And this RV fits well with the true upscale design, features, and attributes that people have come to appreciate in the American Coach Class A product line up. I purchased our coach from Sunshine State RVs in Gainsville, FL. They are probably the best Class B dealership in the nation. It's a smaller family owned operation that treats their customers with great care and appreciation. I highly recommend them. In closing, the American Coach Patriot MD4 is a high end Class B coach that truly sets the bar quite high for quality features, fit, function, luxury and style. It's not a Mercedes Benz up front with a cheap RV box behind it. On the contrary, this coach is as luxurious and well constructed as a Benz CLS sedan. If you really want top shelf, this hand built custom coach is the best available.
- Bernie Hyland , Maryland

2020-03-26 2011 Phoenix Cruiser Phoenix Cruiser 3100 View Listings

I love what it looks like, I love how easy it is to drive, I love the quality workmanship. I am very glad that the first owner took such good care of it and maintained it so well like I do. I wasn't happy I had to fix a few things, but it is 9 years old and from use, some things just need to be maintained. Nicest motor coach I have ever owned and I'm sorry that circumstances are that I need to sell it. It should be used more.
- Dave, Pennsylvania

2020-03-24 2018 Airstream Interstate 3500 Grand Tour EXT View Listings

Terrible manufacturing,175 issues in 1 month . Arrogant company trying to modify German quality into trash made in China installed in America shame for the rv industry Don’t buy it go to hotel better !
- Ron , Alabama

2020-03-17 2019 Airstream Interstate 19 View Listings

Do you take trade for my RV, would like to see if we can make a deal with a Trade for 2015 motorhome with 6,100 miles Have no money down just want to trade in for a smaller unit , I like this unit
- Lee, California

2020-03-11 2016 Roadtrek Zion Ram Promaster View Listings

We have loved this RV from the moment we purchased it in August 2016. It is easy to drive with cruise control and 6 speed automatic transmission and front wheel drive. Great gas mileage at mpg = 17. It has a short turning radius & at 21ft length you can park in a normal space with minimal overhang. At 9.5ft height it does not fit into "normal" garage opening so inside storage is challenging.The Dodge RAM Promaster chassis with V6/3.6 L gas engine has performed outstanding with regular (5K) synthetic oil changes. It has a built in GPS and backup camera and a tow hitch with wiring. The floor plan is great with a front facing rear power sofa with 2 side benches for sleeping as 2 twin beds or 1 queen bed. The table can be setup between the front cab swivel seats or in the rear by the sofa. The most outstanding feature is the SPACIOUS storage everywhere - above & under beds, hanging clothes wardrobe, huge pot / pan drawer, pullout pantry, and shelves under sink / stove. The complete bathroom with shower is nice and there is also an outside shower. The kitchen galley has a sink and 2 burner propane stove and includes a foldout counter extension. We have constant hot water with an on demand water heater. The 200W solar panel and underhood generator produces power for the 400amp AGM coach battery making boondocking simple. The 6cu ft refrigerator / freezer runs great on battery or 110. The LED lights are everywhere and use little power. Multiple plugs allow charging devices easy. Roadtrek has carefully designed the ZION model with 37gal fresh water tank, 10gal black tank & 23gal grey tank - emptying the tanks is easy with a pump and macerator hose. It has Propane Dometic furnace (16,000 BTU) and Roof-mounted 110 V Air Conditioner (11,000 BTU). The 12ft power awning is great for shade when sitting outside. There are Automatic power steps for both front cab and side doors and the screen package with Sliding screen door for side entry and removable screen for rear cargo doors make for great ventilation. Our RV also has a Fantastic ventilation Fan with rain sensor. Cooking is easy with a Microwave (110 V, 0.7 cu. ft., 700 W). The 24" HD TV and CD Player require a 110 V power source. We added Rear Sumo springs for additional suspension & ride comfort. This Roadtrek ZION has all the comforts of home as a "house on wheels". ENJOY!
- Bill Abbott, Nebraska

2020-03-02 1999 Winnebago Rialta 22HD View Listings

THE QD MODEL SEATS 8 N SLEEPS 3/4 N FRONT N BACK. AT LEAST IT HAS LOW MILEAGE FOR A 99 THE GENERATOR IN GENERAL SUCKS. WHEN NECESSARY I USE A COOL HONDA. THE VW TRANS DONT LAST PAST 100K. GET A COOLER N CHG FLUID
- Jon , Kentucky

2020-02-29 2012 Roadtrek Popular 210 View Listings

The best thing about having a Class B RV is that it's so easy to drive and is economical. When we had a larger RV, we had a lot of situations where we couldn't park at a store because they thought we were going to stay overnight, so we didn't feel welcome. This rig isn't any longer than the van we used to have, and it's just a bit wider. It has some clever technology like a heat pump air conditioner, and a solar roof panel that helps keep the batteries charged. It has clever storage, too, and it even has an outdoor shower. A really fun rig!
- Kim Carlson, Washington

2020-02-25 2018 Roadtrek Roadtrek SS Agile View Listings

April 1 2019 We took off for a West Coast turn Around. 27 States, 21 National Parks, 11,000 miles in 90days 17MPG average. South Florida to RT 66, 4 Corners, All the parks near by. Newport Beach CA to Portland OR to Yellowstone, Little Big Horn, Rushmore, Crazy Horse, Rock Port IL. Dollywood TN, Lake Norman to Charleston SC, Orman Beach FL to Pompano Beach. No complaints, no problems.
- Rob O'Neill, Florida

2020-02-21 2018 Coachmen Crossfit 22D View Listings

We love the unit, average mpg is 15 city and 19 hwy and this is with the 3.7 size engine. Would think Coachmen could give at least a 3 year warranty but since we purchased with a forever warranty that covers most everything. The only issues we have had were the Novacool fridge overheating which got repaired under a recall, suma-spring recall which was also covered and the inside truma heater vents that I modified myself due to them being damaged by feet hitting them. Love the Ford Transit and cabinet carpentry which is top notch. Layout excellent and a lot like the Paseo. Did a lot of checking around a this is the best Class B for the buck. I see even better improvements in the 2019 and 2020 units however, I prefer the generator over the Lithium batteries at this time.
- Mark Mc., Illinois

2020-02-21 2017 Airstream Airstream Basecamp View Listings

We have always owned Airstream RVS. Our first was a 31 foot Classic. We bought it new and used it for several years. After that we owned another Airstream that was a smaller. And then we down sized again to the Base Camp. We bought it new in 2017. Unfortunately We were both experiencing health issues and only used it to travel 3 times to the Mayo Clinic in Phoenix. This unit is in new condition but we will not be traveling so will sell it to a lucky buyer. We paid $36,855.00 cash for it in January 2017. We are selling it for $27000.00.We live in Southern NM and it has never been out in the weather. We have a nice carport where it was kept. It comes with the the weight distributing hitch with anti sway bar. Also Airstream mud flap that goes on your tow vehicle. You can call us at 575-551-1636 for more information.ET and Pat Little
- Patricia A. Little, New Mexico

2020-02-15 2017 Hymer Sunlight Van One View Listings

The Sunlight 1 was ideal for myself and goldenretrievers. I bought it because I needed a reliable way to cart us out of hurricane land and go to the park or vet. I moved 2800 miles with it; the pets and I were very comfortable going down the road ( hotel to hotel.) 30 months after owning it, it sat for 5 weeks in my driveway because my groomer had a family emergency and due to the holidays, and in the mid 40's and rain, it smoldered for 20 minuets, according to the security camera, erupted into fire and burnt intensely landing the engine on the ground. Had I parked the engine towards the house, my house would have caught fire. I was home, the dog alerted me, firemen came within 15 minuets. Amen. It was a joy to drive and I really miss it. There were no lithium batteries kept on board. The AGM batteries are hard to locate under the center body of the truck. The recall for engine cooling fan in Dec 2019 was known, with no current remedy, but since it had not moved in 5 weeks, not the issue. Insurance is investigating. This is the first vehicle of this kind I have owned. This vehicle did not have the sun panels to recharge a battery, nor did it have a tow package. I added a backup camera and made no other changes. The rear signals were changed due to moisture and were under warranty.
- J nelson, Washington

2020-02-11 2015 Winnebago Travato 59G View Listings

Excellent RV for boon docking or for just running around tow. Has all the hookups for regular campgrounds too. Includes bathroom, shower, kitchen sink, stove and counter. Drives smooth even on mountain roads. Awesome storage fro bikes and kayaks.
- John, Arizona

2020-02-11 2019 Pleasure-Way Plateau XLTS View Listings

We are from Texas and purchased our Pleasureway Plateau XLTS new from Fretz RV in Souderton, Penn. It was our first RV, and it was a great experience. What we liked best about the coach was its ease of maneuvering in city streets and parking lots plus the smooth highway driving. I installed an extra rear view camera so we could monitor the traffic behind us. Set up and leaving the RV parks was easy with Pleasureway's electric and plumbing ports. Inside the cabin the AC worked very well, and the fantastic fan was tremendous. The TS has the fold down sofa that turns into a queen bed, and sleeping was great. The Mercedes diesel engine performs perfectly with out any problems after 11K miles. The shower is perfect for me as I am over 6 feet tall. I would recommend this coach above all others of the 'B' class.
- James Burkholder, Texas

2020-02-11 2016 Coachmen Galleria 24Q View Listings

The Sprinter handles just like a van and turns in a small radius. Gets up to speed fast and is very good on fuel (Diesel). Mileage is anywhere from 18 to 22 mpg. Easy to park in parking lots as it is a little over 7 feet wide like a small van.
- Mark R. DeKoster, California

2020-02-07 2004 Winnebago Rialta 22HD View Listings

Why buy this model that just sleeps 2. Mine sleeps 2 back N 1 n front. Sometimes my wife n I sleep n each bed Chk trans. They only last 100k miles. Front wheel drive 16 to 18 mpg. Drives like a big suv. Awning is great. I hv a 98 a 113k. Blah blah blah blah. Is that200
- Jon cates, Kentucky

2020-02-05 2011 Airstream Interstate 3500 View Listings

Whoever designed the interior and overall look of the coach has really good taste. Love the quality of the interior cabinets the lighting and of course the stainless steel ceiling. I’ve had many problems with the sewer system I had replaced the Motor twice and unfortunately they do not have any back up system. They need to upgrade the battery system and how to charge it during the winter months.The generator runs on propane instead of diesel which is a hassle because you have to keep filling it up with propane. The air-conditioning is very loud they need to replace with multi speed fans or better yet duck the air through the cabinetry.Overall this is a good coach I’d recommend buying one but be prepared that many things break.
- Benjamin Kennedy, Oklahoma