Class B Reviews on RV Insider (364)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Class B RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Art Davis from California says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 1999 Winnebago Rialta 22HD View Listings

The Winnebago Rialta motor home was built as an alternative to the larger Class A motor homes and the conversion vans. It has an aerodynamic design and a mere 20 feet 8 inches in length; making it exceptionally easy to maneuver. These RVs are sometimes referred to as Class C motor-homes, and sometimes as a B-Plus motor-homes depending on the style of the model. About 8,000 Rialta motorhomes were built by Winnebago from 1994 through 2005, but the use of the Volkswagen Rialta chassis was discontinued in 2003. If you're looking for a used Rialta motor home it can run you anywhere from from $20,000 to $50,000 depending on mileage and condition. With its 2.5L fuel injected Volkswagen gas engine and slick design it gets good fuel mileage and has a nice towing capacity. The Volkswagen Rialta has independent suspension, rack-and-pinion steering, and an antilock braking system. The interior of the rialta RV has all the comforts of home including many driver conveniences. Standard equipment includes cruise control, power windows, power mirrors, air conditioning and storage below the front seating area. The galley of the Winnebago Rialta has a flip-up counter extension, microwave oven, two burner range top stove, single door 3-way refrigerator, and a stainless steel sink. The bathroom is equally well equipped with cabinets, shower, sink, marine style toilet, towel bar, and a fold-down vanity shelf. Most Rialta motorhome models include entertainment centers with color TV, cable ready, and a CD player. There are also monitoring system panel for the holding tanks, LP levels, battery gauge, and a generator start switch and all the standard safety equipment. The Winnebago Rialta motor home is used for full time RVing, or long term RVing if you're looking for a small motorhome.
- Art Davis, California

2021-01-04 2005 Forest River Lexington 235 View Listings

3rd owner, 59k miles. Carper removed, new Vinyl coated plank nicely installed! Had to replace Center control bearing and rebalance drive line. Vibration wore rear seal in transmission. ($1500) Love Chevy 3500 chassis. Easy breezy to drive for my spouse to drive. V8 6 Liter Vortex has plenty of smooth power to pull hills. I have a thumping noise over passenger seat head liner when hitting bumps in road. I isolated the wiring harness in cowling, still thumps! Wonder about cowling hitting top of cab? Any suggestions appreciated. Walter
- Walter, California

2020-12-30 2008 Pleasure-Way Lexor TS View Listings

Has anyone had water leaking through the air conditioner unit. We have had it for 5 years and today it rained and the water gushed through the roof air conditioner unit.
- Mark, British Columbia

2020-12-20 2020 Airstream Airstream Atlas View Listings

When we decided to buy an RV, we decided also to buy the best quality we could find. We had recently sold a quality boat and wanted to continue enjoying the pleasantries that come with good construction, appearance and utility. We also had an ancient history of Airstream life, as my parents had had one early one, had travelled with Wally Byamm and had taken my brother and I on cross country excursions for seven years while we were growing. So Airstream became our immediate first choice and after inspecting several Class B RVs from other manufacturers it was clear our choice was made. Not that there aren't some spectacular RVs out there, but when you get to Class B, the competition shrinks. Combining Airstream body quality with Mercedes chassis quality is a wonderful marriage. We do not yet have many travel miles and consequent experiences yet, but in the short time we have owned our Airstream Atlas, nicknamed Remedy after our boat, we're truly pleased with our decision. The nice thing about the size, as even with the slide out it is a compact cabin, is the versatility to move about at will. We've taken it into busy towns to buy groceries, driven through neighborhoods looking for a new homesite, with ease. I do think that having a tow vehicle is a plus in the long run, and we plan to add a mini-cooper convertible accordingly. The price tag of an Atlas is hefty, but if you can get there it's worth the ride.
- Tom Baldwin, Florida

2020-12-17 2020 Thor Motor Coach Tellaro 20AT View Listings

I need to update my 2 reviews from this Fall...and I'm happy to say that all my issues have been resolved and I am one happy "camper"! Turns out - most of the problems were with the SERVICE people who were unfamiliar with the new model. Had some VERY SHODDY work done at Camping World - which pretty much had to be REDONE by Lazy Days. All is good!
- Susan Ryan, Florida

2020-12-13 2018 Mercedes Sprinter 3500 View Listings

I like the Tiffin part. But the Mercedes engine exhaust system, and exhaust filtration will eat you alive. I cannot imagine how little the Mercedes shop does t know it won’t tell you. But they will say it’s not warranty and blame it on something you did. After $16,000 excess, I traded it in on a new class A. Beware, of the 3.0 diesel. Mercedes has had many complaints on all blue tek engines. Several recalls for sure. They were pretty good I hear until government locked down in emissions.
- S Fitsgerald, Alabama

2020-12-10 2015 Pleasure-Way Plateau XL Widebody View Listings

The handling of this RV is like a mini vacation in it of itself! It’s just now that it’s broken in.im a bit over the top with caring for motor home, it’s a hobby for me to keep it mechanically and impeccably clean. Never smoked in, and I’ve owned it for three years and have improved it with some water filtration aftermarket with Three yrs of filters included,which stores perfectly for traveling. Other systems for more conformity to improve comfort.
- Bob Glorioso, Arizona

2020-12-04 2018 Coachmen CrossFit Beyond 22D View Listings

We have owned a 2018 Beyond/Crossfit 22D for three years. Driving/handling are excellent, but it will only tow about 2,200 lbs. The 3.7L normally-aspirated engine does fine in the mountains. We get 15-16 mpg, but never drive over 65 mph. Cabinetry is hardwood and screwed together instead of stapled particle board. Uses many of the same sub-components as other RV manufacturers (Onan generator, Truma heating, Carefree awning, Dometic AC, etc.) so component reliability is hit-or-miss, but customer service at Coachmen has been outstanding and when we couldn't get to a dealer, we obtained prior authorization and were reimbursed for out-of-pocket expenses without any complaint. Upgrades are integrated on a rolling basis, so knowing the year does not indicate exactly which items are standard. All come with 100W solar panel, microwave, TV, NovaKool electric refrigerator, factory-installed hitch, aluminum wheels, electric awning, and window and door screens. All have dual rear wheels and nearly all came with SuperSprings. Some may have the 3.5 L Ecoboost engine, induction cooktop, inverter, upgraded insulation, 200W solar, etc. Lithium is available, but we have the earliest version with two 105 AH batteries. They are skimpy, but easily replaced. Later versions had a 300 AH AGM. There are three floorplans: Rear Bath (22RB), Electric Couch (22C), and Twin Bed/Dinette (22D), we have the twin bed version. The beds are very narrow individually, but can be converted to a Queen. The awning is electric and unreliable, the generator is loud (we added a resonator to quiet it), the AC is loud (but seems to work well for us), the refrigerator struggles if we are parked with that side of the van in the sun. There is an outstanding FaceBook group for this RV and other owners are happy to assist newcomer questions. We had a C-Class before and I wouldn't go back. In my opinion, of all the B-Class options, this is one of the very best. It is easy for me (an older, small woman) to drive and park. It is also the most quiet of any vehicle we own, which is remarkable for an RV. If our Crossfit/Beyond were stolen/destroyed, I would buy another.
- Brenna, California

2020-12-04 2020 Storyteller Overland Mode 4x4 View Listings

Bought this rugged 4x 4 Mode from Adventureland Campers in July 2020. Brand new Mercedes Sprinter van. Liveability and design, perfect. But when Mercedes Sprinter Van lost both wheel sensors on snowy road, we limped into Chicago and have been without our vehicle for 2 months now, because no one at Mercedes Headquarters in Sandy Springs, GA want to warranty their design flaw on a new vehicle with less that 10K miles! And since we have to go through Mercedes North America HQ, because you buy directly from RV dealers, the consumer is basically on their own for support and support has been pitiful. Buy directly from a dealer who stands behind their products. This has been a huge regret on our part.
- MJ Kleven, Georgia

2020-12-03 1996 Roadtrek Popular 210 View Listings

The man selling this rv is impossible to deal with. He's very short, and hangs up when asked questions. Read his google reviews. Don't waste your time... and don't waste your time driving all the way to Oregon for him just to say no deal...
- Mad, California

2020-11-23 2010 Roadtrek Agile SS View Listings

This road trek is so easy to handle. It has everything you need. It has a microwave oven, granite counter tops , refrigerator, freezer, sink, shower, queen size bed, tv. We also pd to have coverage of paint on outside, tires until 48,000 and inside coverage of fabric. Cabinets are cherry. It’s like a little home.
- Madeleine and John, North Carolina

2020-11-21 2008 Pleasure-Way Ascent TS View Listings

Awesome. Like new. 2008 Pleasure Way Ascent TS class B van $4,000 down $62,500 total 20 feet 4 in long 7 feet 10 in wide 9 feet exterior height 6 feet 2 in interior height Weight 9,500 lbs Fresh water capacity 24 gal Grey water capacity 26 gal Black water capacity 12 gal 48,000 miles
- Bill, California

2020-11-19 2014 Winnebago Era 70A View Listings

Love this RV! It performed great for my family during a 3 month road trip traveling the USA. Really glad we bought it as it was very versatile and was everything we expected in the vehicle. Sorry we have to sell it and let it go.
- Curt Mohney, South Carolina

2020-11-16 1999 Winnebago Rialta 22HD View Listings

We have had our RV for 12 - 13 years. We LOVE our Rialta. Drives like a van. Gets better gas mileage than our minivan: 15 - 18 mpg depending on whether local or highway. Hooks up to RV park electricity or built-in generator. Sleeps 2 with twin beds. Bath/shower combo. Microwave. Battery, propane or electric fridge. Propane 2-burner stovetop. Front
- Cathy Sandoval, California

2020-11-13 2020 Winnebago Boldt 70BL View Listings

THE PERFECT SIZE AND HIGH QUALITY RV, DRIVES LIKE AN SUV, EASY PARKING AND CAMPING. THIS RV OUT PERFORMS ALL OTHER CLASS B RV'S, AND IS CONSIDERED AN ALL SEASON RV. THE LITHIUM BATTERY PURE 3 VOLTA SYSTEM MAKES TRAVELING AND CAMPING SO EASY. THIS IS DEFINITELY AN EXCELLENT CHOICE IN A CLASS B RV.
- Sara Lentz, Florida

2020-11-12 2013 Leisure Travel Vans Unity U24MB View Listings

RV length makes driving manageability a breeze. Tows very easily on any topographically. Mileage is great with this Mercedes diesel engine averaging 18-20 mpg on open road. Servicing and maintenance straight forward given the quality and durability of the Mercedes V6 Diesel and 3500 chassis features. Cabin and internal RV operations very simple and intuitive. Additional factory options make RVing a pleasure. Large bathroom a big plus. Murphy bed in slide the best of both worlds given added internal space and comfort as the day/night wares on. Floor-plan overall very efficient for two yet elegant given quality of workmanship and detail. LeisureVan support through dealer is slow and less attentive than one would hope. Delays in getting parts sometimes a hassle. However, the overall quality of this RV makes 'pit-stops' infrequent and keeps us on the road where we want to be.
- David Rindfusz, Texas

2020-11-09 2018 Winnebago Travato 59K View Listings

Similar to one of the other reviewers I'm a renter, not an owner, but given the increasing popularity of Outdoorsy it might be valuable to hear from someone who came to this RV cold and lived in it for a limited time - in this case, eight nights. Overall, the experience was great. We loved the twin beds, which were super comfortable and didn't require anything more than quickly making them up each morning. The storage under the beds was also very helpful. The controls were all pretty standard and easy-to-learn. Everything on the outside worked great too. My only two complaints on the inside: the folding door to the bathroom felt flimsy. The rubber trim on each door kept falling out. Finally, we just taped it in so the doors would stay shut. The other issue was the microwave. It beeped constantly. I tried to reprogram it multiple times to no avail. Otherwise, everything worked inside and, in particular, we loved the ventilation in this coach, which we understand is a real problem with the Thor clone. Regarding climate, both the heat and air conditioning was effective. The cabinets weren't the highest quality, but we appreciated the locks. The Ram platform is what it is. I like the MB Sprinter better, but it's obviously more expensive. One huge drawback: the screen on this 2019 Ram was awful, like something from 15 years ago before Smartphones and widespread use of GPS and streaming. This really needs to be addressed by Ram. Maybe it has been in the newer models. Otherwise, this was a great RV and we had a blast during our time in it.
- Martin Nisenholtz, Florida

2020-11-07 2006 Coach House Platinum 272XL View Listings

If you want the best quality with the least maintenance this is your coach. These are comparable to the legendary chinook they are actually built better with Kevlar reinforcements yet cheaper. I loved my chinook concourse but we out grew it I love my larger coach house.
- Dr Commet, Washington

2020-11-03 2020 Winnebago Travato 259G View Listings

Junk since the day we bought it. Multiple issues. Has been in shop 5 weeks out of 8 and still not fixed. Issues with windows, drawers, screens, windshield , shower now developed a leak in ceiling. Haven’t had it long enough to see if stove stop, refrig, or microwave even work. I doubt it. Wish I never bought it.
- Joy, Florida

2020-11-03 2018 Pleasure-Way Tofino View Listings

I have owned at some point a few of the Westfalia Vokswagen vans. The last one was an Eurovan. Always loved them. When I saw the new model Tofino by Pleasure-Way, I was hooked. It is short (18'), decent 17mpg, sleeps a couple and a child. The upper bunk is for 200lbs total. The fridge works off the lithium batteries or shore power. It uses very little and will run for days even without sunlight. LED lights everywhere that can be dimmed with a remote. The heater works off the propane tank and is very easy and efficient to use. Heats up the interior in minutes. The sink and water pump work great and the water last for days. I have used the outdoor cold water connection to shower and also use the propane hot shower aftermarket. The induction cooktop is super fast and use power for such a short time, it doesn't deplete your batteries. The 200amps solar panels have no trouble keeping the batteries topped off. I keep the bench down so the queen bed is always available. Lots of storage in the back. I use plastic containers and carry sometimes a cassette toilet for my wife. I don't need a toilet as it is so easy to find bathrooms, even in Death Valley! The fabric tent doors are great to use and to ease in and out. Great for air flow and keeping bugs out. Very easy to drive, just like any small van or pickup truck. No AC, unless you use the chassis AC. I just use 3 small usb fans to keep the air moving. The fridge keeps food cold and even in Death Valley, nothing spoiled. Always cold beer, cold water and cold fruits
- Thierry Willefert, California

2020-10-31 2020 Airstream Atlas View Listings

This has been our very first RV experience of any kind. We have had the Atlas for 5 months, and have spent 20 nights in it and about 5,000 miles. We've had a few minor problems that I fixed myself. After reading of some problems others had I emailed customer support and asked if they could identify any common problems that I might run into, and what I could do to be prepared. They promptly sent me information about some replacement fuses I could keep on hand, and a replacement pin for the automatic steps. I haven't needed either. I've owned many new cars and I realize that on such complicated machines there will be problems and adjustments needed. The Atlas is even more complicated, so it shouldn't be a surprise that things might happen. But (knock wood) I've been very happy with the Atlas and the responses I've gotten when I've communicated with customer service with questions. I've had many compliments from other rv'ers, and I love the conveniences and ease of setup and moving.O
- DVL, North Carolina

2020-10-27 2015 Winnebago Era 70X View Listings

I purchased this RV for its versatility. It has all the creature comforts without having to tow anything - but it does have towing capability, should you need it. The fuel mileage is great, it handles inclines and declines beautifully and is easy to drive. For a Class B, it has more than enough storage. It's a good looking rig too - I get a lot of comments on it. Inside, the bed is comfortable and easy to set up. The convection microwave oven, 3 way refrigerator (good freezer), and 2 way hot water heater are a real plus.
- Sue, Florida

2020-10-26 2018 Chinook Countryside View Listings

This rv is small. It’s really a one person rv but 2 would work. No slides equals less troubles. This rv drips quality. The reason I’m writing this review is the tech support we received when we did have a problem. Not many rv owners can say that. Thank You.
- Jim Kronenberger, Georgia

2020-10-25 2021 Airstream Airstream Atlas View Listings

My Airstream Atlas Nightmare I received my Atlas on August 29, 2020 and that's the date my nightmare began. A list of the issues with my brand new Atlas after first taking delivery are below: 1. Cummins Onan RV QD 3200 generator not working at all. 2. Battery charging system it's not charging the battery properly. 3. The Magnum MMS1012 is not properly set-up for the lithium battery and does not meet the specifications to charge Battle Born 100Amp lithium batteries) 4. When the house battery becomes depleted, everything inside is shut down and nothing works. The manual suggests turning on the chassis engine for a few minutes to charge it. This function did not work. Meaning you can be stuck with no power and nothing electronic working in RV even when you connect to external power! 5. Victron Energy MPPT Control locked up and not working. 6. Sliding door not properly installed and broken. 7. Folding Stairs sometimes do not work properly. 8. Cannot connect to the solar charging system APP 9. Shelving in the storage compartment is incorrect size and falling down to the second compartment. 10. Pantry storage compartment not proper lock, opening on every turn. 11. Several door hinges broken. 12. Skylight occasionally not closing properly. 13. Manual describes a completely different inverter charger controller. A list of additional issues I found during first trip are below: 14. Power Stabilizer Jacks completely locked out and not functioning. 15. Skylight broken cannot even open. 16. The site storage compartment door is broken and cannot open. 17. Echomaster mirror monitors with sight cameras and parking sensors are very old technology, with low resolution, very low brightness, and are extremely slow. It takes two to three seconds from turning the signal to seeing the image in the mirror, which is an incredibly long time while driving. Driving in the daylight when the sun is out, you can barely see the image and when you put on sunglasses it is virtually impossible to see. When you put bicycle carrier racks hitch mount, you get attention blinking on a screen all the time, which is very distracting and and no way to clear or disable this warning. 18. The wires inside the control cabinet are loose and make a lot of noise while driving, creating an additional distraction. I am incredibly frustrated and disappointed with the profound lack of service and quality from Airstream, its Los Angeles Dealership, and in the Atlas itself. This vehicle has a lot of gadgets and gizmos, but the core systems are faulty and unreliable. In an RV, the single most important consideration should be protecting from the complete discharge of a battery because it can leave people stranded without heat or power in remote areas and in potentially dangerous weather conditions. This was not considered and so it is very easy for the battery to drain, leaving all those gadgets non-functional. The generator, solar system for charging the battery, and the controller for charging the battery do not work as they should and these are all very important systems that should be reliable and even have redundancy. This is in addition to the many quality, design, assembly, and service issues I have done my best to describe above that affect virtually every system in this Atlas to some extent. This vehicle is only suitable for driving and I already have a car for that. It is not suitable for, not can it be depended on, to work as an RV.
- Karol, California

2020-10-24 2004 Phoenix Cruiser Phoenix Cruiser 2550 View Listings

Very well made. Above average reputation. great floor plan with excellent functionality, and lots of inside storage. Large fridge. Spacious bath. Good length for driving, parking and living. Drives very well. Easy to maneuver.
- M Brown, Arizona