Class B Reviews on RV Insider (315)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Class B RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Jack Baker from Nevada says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2016 Pleasure-Way Plateau FL View Listings

I bought it on June 13th. I have a family reunion July 7-11; I'm leaving on July 6. On June 19-20, I took it to Zion NP to check everything out. The refer would not cool; took it back to the dealer. The cooling unit has a pinhole leak preventing it from reaching an acceptable refer temp. The dealer is unable to obtain a replacement refer from Dometic before my trip. I called Pleasure Way. The claim they need all of their Dometic refer stock for units in production. Basically, they said "You bought it, good-bye". I have lost all respect for Pleasure Way and do not expect decent service for any future warranty claims, if any. I am disgusted as I have to take an ice chest for a two-week trip in an already crowded RV. Pleasure Way gets one star because I could not rate them any lower.
- Jack Baker, Nevada

2020-08-09 2020 Coachmen Beyond 22D View Listings

I like the looks and the Ford chassis. Unfortunately the generator failed on our 3 trip, it was in the 90’s and then no air conditioning. The rear shades don’t work, they just crunch up in a mess when retracting. I had discovered parts missing on rear lights. The factory expensive sun shades are a major hassle to install. The rear cushions come off the walls. The sink faucet is way to high and splashed water all over. Lastly, the vibration at 60 miles per hour caused lids on jars to come off and we had a major cleanup mess without a genset and air conditioning. Now I have to find a repair shop for the generator. The manufacturer service person said I could be billed $400.00 to just look at it if they said it wasn’t frequently ran. I said it’s brand new. They said that doesn’t matter. It needs to run weekly. I am having buyers remorse. It’s a very expensive class B, and I have no confidence now of having a generator to run the air conditioning or recharge batteries. This is not my first RV, just my first class B. By the way I was told the fridge ran on 120 ac and dc. It’s really just a 12 volt dc fridge. When your batteries are depleted, and generator will not run, your food will be lost. So, I am taking the rig to Ford for vibration, and Cummins for the generator. A big hassle for a new rig. I expect repairs and breakdowns on used RV but not on a brand new RV. I certainly didn’t expect to be charged for service on a generator under warranty. Be careful and do your homework before spending $100,000. Don’t depend on generator working, don’t leave any kids or animals in one of these depending on air conditioning or generator.
- Undisclosed, Iowa

2020-08-09 2017 Hymer Carado Axion View Listings

GREAT FOR TRAVELING INTO LARGER CITIES,PARKING OVERNIGHT ANYWHERE FITS AND MANUVERS INTO ANY SPACE ANS I MEAN ANY. GREAT FOR GOING THROUGH DRIVE UPS ETC WITH ITS LOWER HIGHT EASY TO OPERATE. WOULD RECOMEND TO ANYONE
- DEBORAH KELLY, Texas

2020-07-30 2019 Winnebago Travato 59K View Listings

This is an easy to drive rv,with all the buttons,solar,generator,fridge and microwave. Gets great gas mileage for a gas engine. Easy to park,and with the twin beds,gives extra groom for your toys,bikes,kayaks
- Victor Giomboni , Pennsylvania

2020-07-27 2017 Pleasure-way Ascent TS View Listings

Electrical fire, gas leak, P-way refused to fix anything.Refuse to help with information needed to repair. Loose electrical connections everywhere. Wrong hardware everywhere. Factory troubleshooters and dealership very un - knowledgeable about very faulty product. P-way is crap.
- Charles Hubble, Colorado

2020-07-27 2020 Thor Motor Coach Tellaro 20LT View Listings

Thor Industry' lack of quality control is appalling. We bought our 2020 Tellaro two months ago, and the list of defects/flaws is 13 long and growing. On our first big trip, the grey water hose compartment, secured with a super cheap latch, opened, tearing off the hose and the door. Then...when we reached our destination, the BD Pro console and entire electrical system and failed, leaving us to live in a VERY expensive tent for 5 days. Fortunately I'd brought along a camping cooktop, a grill, and two coolers! We bathed in lakes. So, gang, For $100,00 this is what we got on delivery: --no heat or stove. Turns out gas connector to propane tank under camper weren't connected --BD control panel for turning on the furnace and hot water don't work. Looks like the the furnace has not been activated. --Seatbelts for the bench-seat aren' long enough for a medium size adults. --Kitchen drawers fly open when driving around corners. It appears they all need a better latch system --Bathroom wall buckled and unuseable. --Small Wall panel missing below bathroom. Found part, and figured out they couldn’t install it without removing the entire shower pan. --Dining table was misdrilled so it couldn’t open fully. Also, it’s a terrible design, could hurt someone who wasn't careful opening it --Ladder to pop-top is ¾” too long, creating serious safety hazard --Extendable bed frame was under-desgined and never tested under load. Broke off the first night we slept on it. Had to repair it so we could continue our trip. In the process, I discovered most all woodwork is put together with cheap (but fast fast fast!) staples. --Veneer is super cheap and hastily applied. -- on vinyl veneered bedroom wall, was 8.5”x11” piece of paper with equipment listing and serial numbers of all installed equipment. The adhesive was so strong, veneer peeled off when we tried to remove. ----Caulking by front door and other place is already cracking --Sawdust, loose nails, and chunks of sheet metal behind drawers & cabinets. Truly amateur assembly throughout and no evidence of quality control. Thor should be ashamed of themselves. When I was a teenager in the 60's, my dad bought a new Chrysler New Yorker. When he went to pick it up, he discovered the dashboard was missing! This was right before the Japanese auto industry ate our lunch for the next 20 years. Sure wish they made RV's
- George Carver, California

2020-07-23 2010 Pleasure-Way Excel TD View Listings

We love our class B Pleasure-Way. It is easy to drive and park even in the city. It is so handy to have toilet, stove and fridge. You can stop for a break whenever you want. No matter where you are you sleep in your own bed. It is our home away from home!
- Mogens Jorgensen, Saskatchewan

2020-07-20 2018 Airstream Interstate 3500 Grand Tour EXT View Listings

Garbage. Don't buy one. I spend $175,000 for this unit and it is continuously in the shop for a whole variety of reasons. The 3 year "limited" warranty is exactly that: Limited. After one year it won't cover parts and labor for components that were purchased and installed by Airstream to construct the motorcoach: Generator, AC, Heat, refrigerator, etc etc....basically the entire thing. I've run into other Airstream owners with the exact same complaints. I'm through with this thing and am trying to sell it. I could have purchased another Sprinter based RV for less then half of what I paid for this.
- David Sapia, California

2020-07-11 2003 Pleasure-Way Excel 20TS View Listings

I love this rig. I'm single 65 yr old female and HAVE NEVER BEEN uncomfortable driving/ parking or sleeping in it. I have never had any issues with it. It has a lot of storage and we'll designed. People always ask if they can see inside and love the beauty of it. I have NOT towed with it although owner's manual states you can tow with it. Only selling to buy a house.
- tjtr.1977, Oklahoma

2020-07-09 2016 Airstream Interstate 3500 EXT View Listings

I bought this Sprinter new from John’s RV in 2016, so I’ve had it four years. The first year the shower broke, the screen door will not stay on the track, and the automatic shades are impossible to keep fixed. The ride up front is ok, but you will bounce off of the back seat. The bed is good if you use a memory foam. It has a propane generator, but it is extremely loud. We only use it now for carrying extra passengers, and it is great for tailgating. I have also spent over two thousand dollars for sensors for the Mercedes engine. I hear the new ones have air suspension ride which I am sure is great, and probable cuts down on the rattling. I’m sure there are many satisfied owners, so read the other reviews.
- William Rush, South Carolina

2020-07-07 2015 Airstream Interstate 3500 EXT View Listings

Airstream 3500 EXT is high end stealth camping. You can have all the luxury of home while driving on roads and to attractions bigger RVs and trailers can not. Bed is super comfortable and the van is easy to drive and park using back up cameras.
- Gary Gonder, Oregon

2020-07-07 2020 Thor Motor Coach Tellaro 20LT View Listings

What a disappointment! Not the coach, per se...Thor customer service! Have had 2 service reps ‘ghost’ me...after a few calls...no answering phone messages and no answering emails. Have 2 parts missing since I bought it in Feb —BUT—Thor can’t find the replacement parts since there is no part number (and altho I have sent them videos and pictures of where the parts go) —And since there are no parts —I can’t get them a part #!!!! Catch 22 I guess. Have a laundry list of issues that are SLOWLY starting to get resolved. I can still camp in it...and love it when I do...but REALLY? You pay this much for a new rv and have issue after issue??? Look elsewhere!
- Susan Ryan, Florida

2020-07-05 2019 Winnebago Era 70B View Listings

It is a beautiful RV, perfect for couple or single person .. can’t go wrong with this one .. smooth ride .. all the kinks worked out .. great mileage with diesel.. Better than new .. selling due to husbands poor health.
- Jackie , Arizona

2020-07-03 2018 Winnebago Era 70M View Listings

We love our Winnebago Era 70M. The perfect touring coach for 1 or 2 people. So comfortable and easy to drive and park. Such a beautiful looking RV!!! Love all the storage. The refrigerator and freezer work great.Love everything about this RV!!!
- j purcell, Arizona

2020-07-01 2018 Airstream Interstate Grand Tour EXT View Listings

Likes: Easy to drive and maneuver. Great on gas mileage. 17-20MPG, from mountains to flat plains. All safety features, lane assist, collision warning system, Mercedes quality cab, with Ultra leather (very soft and durable). Capable of pulling 5,000 lb, with the Mercedes diesel, no problems what so ever. One button to lower couch for sleeping. One lift on each jump seat, and you have a king size bed. Plenty of storage inside for two people. Great for traveling across the country... stay in BLM's, Cracker Barrels, and every fourth day get a traditional full hookup to dump tanks and take on fresh water. Instant hot water, no tank to keep hot. We moved down from a Diesel (Tiffen) pusher, and have greater flexibility going down town and parking. 20,000 mile oil change requirement (I did it at 10,000). Very easy to winterize. Dislikes: Propane fill is very low on the coach. Can not take family camping: this is a two man coach...very high end equipment. Two TV's makes no sense?! Rear TV sticks out in pathway 3".....Airstream could have done better. Can not launch a boat due to the generator being low near rear wheels....could get water in your oil (read this on the internet...not actual experience)
- Jan, South Carolina

2020-06-28 2020 Coachmen Beyond 22C View Listings

This 2020 Coachmen Beyond is the single biggest $100,000 mistake of my life! Nothing has worked right from day#1 Air conditioning doesn’t work. WiFi ranger doesn’t work. Window shades are garbage. The Mira system doesn’t work. Tank levels don’t work. Propane levels doesn’t work. The generator doesn’t charge the batteries. The coach completely goes into store mode all by itself. I’ve had it in 4 times since March 2020 to have all these issues looked at. Nothing fixed yet!!!!! Almost killed my 2 dogs on 3 different occasions after the generator didn’t kick on for the air conditioning. Thank God we weren’t gone long. In short stay away from Coachmen products!!!!! I will be calling a lawyer to have everything corrected!!!
- Kevin Fox, Pennsylvania

2020-06-22 2020 Winnebago Boldt 70KL View Listings

Poor warranty support. Refused to replace/repair rusted/corroded propane tank on a brand new $150,000 van! Claim rust on van not covered. Poor paint job with pealing paint. Surprised Mercedes Benz Corporation would partner and supply Sprinter Van to such a bad company.
- steven krumholz, Florida

2020-06-17 2020 Thor Motor Coach Tellaro 20LT View Listings

The dealer, Alpin Haus, is great. The manufacturer is not helpful and does not care about customers. They will not answers questions about their equipment. I recommend researching the quality and service of other manufacturers and put Thor at the bottom of your list.
- Eileen , New York

2020-06-16 2018 Airstream Interstate 3500 Grand Tour EXT View Listings

Had a leak in bathroom Jose it was fixed incorrectly last year. Same dealer ( Windish in Denver) says they can not fix it until August it’s June now.The dealer said I should haVe called sooner they’re to busy. How was I to know it would break again. You call airstream customer service your in a que of more than 10 calls in front of you.
- Susan fox, Colorado

2020-06-15 2021 Winnebago Travato 59G View Listings

This is the best all round camper plan for your money. Ride is good, seats are hard after couple of hours, gas mileage is about 16/mile, quality is good, warranty work is good. Group support is excellent.
- jfsellers, Georgia

2020-06-13 2017 Thor Motor Coach Synergy TT24 View Listings

Loved the ease in handling this coach, the floor plan is great and roomy for travel and for camping. Perfect for 2 people but can sleep more in a little more crowded fell obviously. Just a great little coach.
- Becky Rygiel, Virginia

2020-06-09 2019 Winnebago Era 70M View Listings

The worst experience I have ever encountered with a purchase of this cost. It is a SUB PAR manufactured conversion van. I have had nothing but things falling off, breaking, tracks falling off... the electronics stink ... generator sucks! the murphy bed broke - what else? oh the dealership! ZERO HELP! WINNEBAGO DIRECT - NO HELP!!! BUYER BEWARE!
- gerald rappaport, Florida

2020-05-30 2015 Winnebago Travato 59G View Listings

We owned this model of Winnebago Travato (59G) for three years. During the time we took several trips to the Carolina mountains and visited family and friends. We took one extended trip to California and Utah. During this time the vehicle performed extremely well under all conditions. We added external Thule storage pods and a tie down grid to the pre existing Fiamma factory roof rack. We also added a swing arm hitch mounted pod for the grill and chairs. This allowed more internal room for multiple family members. There are also two bike racks and a rack attachment for Kayak. The ease of maneuverability with a van type vehicle cannot be underestimated. It can be parked on a city street or campground. The turning radius is similar to an SUV. Camping off grid is no problem provided you check ground clearance. It is not a global expedition vehicle but does allow you to get off the beaten path and enjoy the scenic byways.
- bill powell, Florida

2020-05-29 2019 Renegade Villagio 25MBS View Listings

My wife and I purchased a Renegade Villagio from Sunshine State RV in Gainsville Florida, and have been very happy with the usability and build quality unit. If you need an RV, Sunshine State should be on your list to visit, Shelly is absolutely wonderful and will treat you like royalty. We have met the owner, and he is a man of his word, and that’s a rarity these days. If you’re thinking about or have owned an RV in the past, take into consideration that you have a vehicle, a house, appliances, electronics, etc. all rolling down the road. There will be things you need help understanding, or that require service. This is where Sunshine State RV beats the competition hands down. The service manager Billy remembers your name, follows up with you, and is there for you when you have a question (and believe me, you will!). The service tech Matt has extensive knowledge about RV’s and is always willing to share information and tips that will help you with your RV. Do yourself a favor, go see the team at Sunshine where there is definitely service after the sale. Happy Villagio Owner.
- Mil, Florida

2020-05-25 2016 Coachmen Prism LE 2200 View Listings

This is a solid RV and can manage some vertical in the mountains. It is easy to navigate on highways or back roads. Great for disbursement camping in National forests. Lots of storage underneath. Great hitch for kayak or bike racks on the back.
- Carolyn Berson, Colorado