Class B

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Class B RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Art Davis from California says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 1999 Winnebago Rialta 22HD View Listings

The Winnebago Rialta motor home was built as an alternative to the larger Class A motor homes and the conversion vans. It has an aerodynamic design and a mere 20 feet 8 inches in length; making it exceptionally easy to maneuver. These RVs are sometimes referred to as Class C motor-homes, and sometimes as a B-Plus motor-homes depending on the style of the model. About 8,000 Rialta motorhomes were built by Winnebago from 1994 through 2005, but the use of the Volkswagen Rialta chassis was discontinued in 2003. If you're looking for a used Rialta motor home it can run you anywhere from from $20,000 to $50,000 depending on mileage and condition. With its 2.5L fuel injected Volkswagen gas engine and slick design it gets good fuel mileage and has a nice towing capacity. The Volkswagen Rialta has independent suspension, rack-and-pinion steering, and an antilock braking system. The interior of the rialta RV has all the comforts of home including many driver conveniences. Standard equipment includes cruise control, power windows, power mirrors, air conditioning and storage below the front seating area. The galley of the Winnebago Rialta has a flip-up counter extension, microwave oven, two burner range top stove, single door 3-way refrigerator, and a stainless steel sink. The bathroom is equally well equipped with cabinets, shower, sink, marine style toilet, towel bar, and a fold-down vanity shelf. Most Rialta motorhome models include entertainment centers with color TV, cable ready, and a CD player. There are also monitoring system panel for the holding tanks, LP levels, battery gauge, and a generator start switch and all the standard safety equipment. The Winnebago Rialta motor home is used for full time RVing, or long term RVing if you're looking for a small motorhome.
- Art Davis, California

2021-06-11 2019 Thor Motor Coach Four Winds Sprinter 24BL View Listings

So easy to drive and set up and so much fun. Never an issue and always a pleasure. On board propane generator runs smooth and starts right up every time. Fuel mileage is awesome with the smooth running Mercedes Diesel. On the road you don't even know your driving an RV. Smooth and comfortable.
- Terry Terragna, North Carolina

2021-06-04 2011 Phoenix Cruiser Phoenix Cruiser 2552 View Listings

This motorhome has all the reliability and comfort of home. Easy to drive, has all the bells and whistles. To make rv traveling wonderful. The manufacturer has taken durability and comfort all in consideration. Great for weekends travel, or cross country. Just being on the open road.
- craig rosemann, Illinois

2021-05-18 2018 Roadtrek Simplicity SRT View Listings

I love my Van, Lot's if storage,drives great and parks in regular space. Travel by myself and have been extremely satisfied with my Dodge chassis. you do have to be aware of the power distribution and my road track company went out of business right after I purchased it so I had no recourse when anything went wrong luckily having the simplicity model I was able to just pay for what I needed to have done. I avg 15 mpg.
- Peni Hamill, Arizona

2021-05-16 2015 Leisure Travel Vans Unity U24MB View Listings

This 25 foot RV has more room and convenience than most. Large bath and wardrobe closet plus drawers and storage everywhere inside. Outside has tall cabinet and two other compartments, one quite large. Roominess inside due to electric Murphy bed and slide out.We've packed staples for a 6 week trip.Electronics are excellent with TV at eye level. Macerator makes dumping quick and especially clean. No big hoses. Generator gives extra power when dry camping. Mercedes Sprinter a dream to drive, great power and transmission so that braking down grades only occasionally needed. Climbs everything loaded and still at good speed.
- Stephen Wolfe, California

2021-05-12 1997 Xplorer Xplorer 236XL View Listings

I used this rv to go to the lake. Never left me stranded and functions well. I haven't used the generator much but it works well. Paint is chipping and carpet is faded. Other than that this is an excellent rv
- Stephen C Eason, Arkansas

2021-05-08 2020 Winnebago Vita 24P View Listings

Bought at beginning of Covid, great price, especially now. We had previously owned an Itasca Navion, 2011. Quality with the Vita was much less unfortunately. Lots of errant staples, the ventilation kept blowing out insulation. Cheap materials. The interior was more like a bland apartment or study hall than the whimsical feel of the Navion. It was apparent to me that they had worked hard to make this model less attractive since it competed heavily with the View/Navion. The layout was spacious, lots of storage, LED lights, solar charging, all worked well. The TV was only OK, sound was horrible but played with the settings and it became much better. Bought a trickle charger for the coach battery over winter. Had lots of problems with the Black tank. Difficulty with the valve. Apparently the run with the cable controlling the valve was an afterthought and I wound up with a mess on my hands and feet literally several times! Thanks to blogs I mostly figured it out but it is very difficult to manage. If there is one area where you want NO problems, it is dumping the black tank. The house door did not seal well at the bottom and moderate noise came up through the bottom. Winterization procedure was not exactly like the manual. Need more detailed information in the manual but again I figured it out. The cab HOWLED in the wind driving above 50 mph. It was extremely annoying and I could not find the cause. Tried some things with duct tape but nothing helped. I tried to find out if there was a fix but never found a solution. VERY LOUD and ANNOYING. No problems with the Mercedes chassis. 2 recalls. Dealer was great. Mileage was 12-16, around 14 was typical. Overall a solid performer, not a dazzler. They called me last week from the dealership and I sold it back to them for 10,000 more than I paid for it. And I felt neither a sense of sorrow or relief. It was in excellent shape. I had been in "like" not in "love".
- Lee Robak, New Mexico

2021-05-07 2020 Winnebago Revel 44E View Listings

Easy to drive, decent gas mileage, enough room for two for about five plus days off grid. Pulls a light trailer with four wheeler easily. Overall really great van, for the price there could have been some better finishes, but overall it is a great camper van and really fun to take to those hard to get places.
- John Tacker, Arizona

2021-05-02 2007 Forest River Lexington 283GTS View Listings

Have had this RV for a number of years now and no issues. No leaks, nothing broken, high quality craftsmanship. Compared to friends whose RVs have had nothing but problems I am very pleased! The size is perfect for us, great for boondocking or hooking up at a park. No regrets.
- Marylynn, Texas

2021-04-23 2021 Winnebago Travato 59G View Listings

I love this RV. Easy to drive and maintain. The Volta Lithium Battery is amazing. The Truma Heater keeps things nice and toasty in the cold weather. I do wish there was a four wheel drive option so I can easily take it to the snow. Hopefully someday!! Currently I use chains when I head to the mountains which is fine.
- Ed Le Cara, Texas

2021-04-23 2020 Winnebago Revel 44E View Listings

I love the layout of the Revel. It has been great to have during Covid pandemic! We go back and forth to VT/UT. We ski/mtn bike and I fly fish . Dogs and I love it,Wife likes it. The attention to detail/craftsmanship leave a lot to be desired. It is poorly insulated for a 4-season vehicle. The frig/sink/shower are cheap. Seems like a lot of corners were cut to turn more profit! My biggest complaint is how much it rattles when going down dirt roads!!!!! Not solidly built. They need to employ engineers from the top of the class,not the bottom!!!
- Steven Fischer, Utah

2021-04-22 2021 Coachmen Beyond 22C View Listings

The Coachman Beyond 22C is a beautiful camper van. Excellent ride, easy to handle, comfortable. All the updated mechanics and electronics makes this van perfect for any type of camping. Completely self reliant makes it an excellent choice for boondocking. Plenty of room for all you camping needs plus comfortable seating. Queen size bed makes for a good nights sleep.
- CLS, Florida

2021-04-22 2012 Leisure Travel Unity IB View Listings

We lived in our 2012 Leisure Travel Unity IB full-time and cannot recommend it highly enough. The island bed model has the perfect floorplan and was a huge improvement over the loft bed we had in our last RV. Changing the sheets and making the bed are so much easier which is especially important for full-time RV living. All of the storage of the island bed model spoiled us and is among the reasons we plan to make our next RV another Leisure Travel Unity IB. The craftsmanship of Leisure Travel is better than that of any other RV we looked at and in our 3.5 years of wear and tear, everything held up perfectly. (We were its third owners, too.) Leisure Travel is not the cheapest, but unlike those with cheaper components, ours never leaked and everything functioned just like new, despite having over 80k miles and being 8 years old. The classy exterior and nice interior finishes never looked dated or tacky, either. We are Leisure Travel customers for life and specifically sing the praises of the Unity IB.
- Jeff Campbell, Oklahoma

2021-04-15 2020 Leisure Travel Vans Unity U24TB View Listings

Overall, extremely satisfied with the Unity TB 2020. Had minor and normal issues, and the dealership was simply incapable of fixing anything (Horizon Lussier). A total disgrace I will not go into details. I contacted Leisure Travel Vans directly, they responded immediately and sent me the replacement parts ( tank sensors, BR door handle, door seal, storage compartment struts, etc). The only annoying thing comes from the MB 'check engine light' that pops up often for no reason. After 2 visits to the MB dealership (3 hour drive each way), the last time the light came back on within 30 minutes, the mechanic told me to just ignore if there are no 'messages on the menu'. Overall very happy, unfortunately LTV dealerships are very very bad. It is an industry problem, not specific to LTV.
- Michel Paul Cote, Quebec

2021-04-14 2001 Roadtrek Roadtrek 190 Versatile View Listings

Compared to other class Bs I have owned and or lived in for up to 5 months at a time the Roadtrek, overall is the better built and designed brand. This particular model has never leaked, and has had very few mechanical issues or equipment problems. Comfortable, easy to park drive and tow with. Not too high, economical to drive, inexpensive to insure and seats 4. Outside shower and well designed for storage. This model has a stronger chassi and higher ground clearance. Follow manufacturers recommended tire pressure for better handling and ride. Keep up with basic maintenance and they will last and retain great value compared to all other RVs.
- George, Florida

2021-04-13 2019 Airstream Atlas Murphy Suite View Listings

We moved from a small towable to a Class A to an Airstream Atlas. We travel as a couple with two dogs. There are always a few warranty issues in the beginning with all RVs. However, you will not be nine states away from home needing service and be told they can see you in eight weeks with an Atlas. You simply find a Mercedes dealership. And THAT is the biggest service difference. We have never been scheduled more than 72 hours out. In terms of quality, we have a 2019 Atlas and it has held up extremely well. The sofa footrests and bathroom door locks were design do-overs. Make sure you are buying from an experienced dealer if you will be obtaining service from same location. Everything installed into an RV comes with its own warranty no matter the brand. We have had good factory support outcomes, but warranty reps do sometimes try to make the service rep the bad guy, which is easily handled through direct communication. Our Class A was in the shop 10 out of 12 months. I will never go back. I love my Atlas. We can also maneuver little towns, restaurants and shops the bigger guys can’t. Great tailgater as well.
- Lynn Faulkner, Florida

2021-04-13 2003 Coach House Coach House 232SD View Listings

My husband and I are very impressed with everything about this motorhome. Coach House motorhomes are made by setting a one-piece seamless fiberglass shell onto a cutaway van chassis and building from there. This ensures there are no roof seams that could develop leaks and also you don't have a rubber roof that will need maintenance every few years. We would buy a newer Coach House if we could afford to and get one with a queen bed or twin beds. Also, I think we would get one with a diesel engine for better fuel mileage. For those not familiar with Coach House motorhomes, you can't buy a new one from a dealer because they only are sold at the factory in Nokomis, Florida. We highly recommend that anyone thinking of buying a motorhome that is smaller than the big class A type to check out Coach House!
- Jennifer Duck, Tennessee

2021-04-12 2003 Coach House Coach House 232SD View Listings

My husband and I found our motorhome in Florida while we were visiting friends. I found the ad on facebook marketplace and noticed the owners lived only a few blocks away from our friends. We made arrangements and went and looked at it and test drove it. We bought it on the spot. It has high mileage but that is the main reason that we were able to afford to pay the price that they were asking for it. We both are very impressed with the build quality, livability, ease of driving/parking, and everything else. Back when ours was made the Coach House factory was the only motorhome manufacturer that made their product using a one-piece, seamless fiberglass shell. I think other makers do that now. We have spent some money upgrading/repairing as needed but it runs and drives wonderfully for its age. If we could afford to we would buy a newer Coach House motorhome with a better sleeping arrangement than ours. Ours has a couch that folds down to a full size bed and the dinette makes into a single bed. It definitely would be more comfortable with a queen size bed or twin beds that other Coach House motorhomes have. We are very pleased with everything else about ours. I think we would look for one with a diesel engine also in order to save some money on fuel. We would have to hit the lottery to be able to afford a newer Coach House. Ours is so old that the factory won't even take it as a trade if we wanted to buy one from the factory. Oh, by the way, you can only buy new Coach Houses from the factory in Nokomis, FL. They don't sell through dealers.
- Jennifer Duck, Tennessee

2021-04-07 2018 Roadtrek Roadtrek Simplicity SRT View Listings

I absolutely love the easiness of parking my road track when I'm traveling by myself with my dog I love my floor plan because it allows for all the storage I lived in it for 6 months I love the flexibility of the bed which now I have made mine into a full size bed because a queen size was too big to get to the top cabinets the only problem I have is the fact that my road track but it's two and a half year time frame has now had a few issues that I don't feel it should have had the Dodge chassis is fabulous it Parks fabulous it drives fabulous I love my gas mileage love the easiness of being able to park it been in downtown areas and regular parking places I could not ask for a better chassis on it and because I bought the simple model I didn't spend the big money I added the navigation system Sirius radio Bluetooth the backup camera and a remote start that will allow me to have the air conditioner running for my dog inside and I saved thousands of dollars.
- Teresa Gillia, Arizona

2021-04-06 1999 Winnebago Rialta 22HD View Listings

The Winnebago portion of the Rialta is brilliant. After we sold ours, we replaced it with a Forest River R-Pod that just did not seem livable after a year in the Rialta. However, VW's "support" is non-existent to outright hostile to the Eurovan and like many of the ex-Rialta owners we met on the road and through social media help groups, "the two best days of my life where when I bought the Rialta snd when a buyer drove it out of my life (a year later)," We were both lucky and committed excessive resources to keeping our Rialta rolling, especially my sweat-equity. If it had been up to the national VW service manager, we'd have abandoned our Rialta in New Mexico for parts and taken the train or rental car back home. The problems you are likely to have will be excessively expensive, especially transmission and engine failures. VW does not supply ANY of the 3-4 electronic control boxes for the Eurovan and their service centers are incapable of troubleshooting any failure that isn't accurately and precisely diagnosed by their service computer. The light in the Rialta interior is exceptional, as is the seating arrangement, kitchen, bed, and storage. Head and shoulders better than our 22' R-Pod 179. We were trapped in our vehicle, in TorC, NM for 5 months and other than the stress of wondering if it would ever move again, we were incredibly comfortable. The bathroom is small and marginally useful, but we mostly camped in campgrounds with shower and toilet facilities, so that was never a serious drawback.
- T W Day, Minnesota

2021-04-04 2020 Airstream Interstate 24GL Tommy Bahama View Listings

We've really enjoyed this RV. A bit tight for really long stays, but perfect for several nights at a time, long drives, or tailgating. We had to replace the awning and it took a bit of time because of the overall popularity of these models. But we could still use it while waiting on the new one to come in. Had an issue with the Mercedes half of it on one trip, but called a Mercedes dealer in Wisconsin (where we were heading) and they knew exactly what it needed and had us in and out. Great experience with both Airstream and Mercedes overall.
- Todd Slawter, South Carolina

2021-04-04 2019 Forest River Sunseeker 2370TS View Listings

We have had this RV for 2 years and it has spent half of this time being repaired. Great in gas mileage and incredible for a couple but to get anything repaired under warranty takes months just to be approved for payment. I won't go with Sunseeker again.
- Carrie, California

2021-03-28 2014 Roadtrek Popular 190 View Listings

THis RV I rated high. I have owned this for 4 years. There is an adjustment curve regarding space. It is definitely livable. THe seats swivel to a comfortable seating situation for watching tv, playing cards etc if stuck inside. THe sleeping area is very spacious but I feel that anyone greater than 6'1" will be more challenged but not impossible. the fact that the bed area can either be twins or one king is awesome. The TV swivels out so it can be viewed from the front seats or back again for viewing from the couch or the bed. It is so secure and comfortable. You can set up a table in the back or in the front. So versatile. Plenty of storage under the automatic reclining couch. Then there is the awning area. Great space. Outdoor living...that what it is about. So easy to connect, disconnect and keep on going. the great thing....it is ALL self contained. No slide outs, this is true...but that means less areas to give you potential challenges. It is awesome...that is all I can say.
- JEANETTE, Florida

2021-03-26 2003 Chinook Concourse View Listings

We call this our Texas Limo. It's BETTER than a limo! Easier to drive and park, you can stand up in it, very comfortable, and it has a porta-potty! We also called it our Dragon Wagon (HS Football tailgating), and our Porta-party (when we filled it with Friends and Family when we took it to look at Christmas lights, concerts, Cowboy Games, and other sporting events.) We love that we didn't have to pay premium fees for parking with the other larger RVs because this is just 21 feet, it fits in a regular parking spot. You don't LIVE in this RV, you have an incredible EXPERIENCE and RIDE in this RV.
- Kimberlee slavik, Texas

2021-03-25 2019 Airstream Atlas Murphy Suite View Listings

We love this RV. We used to have an Airstream Interstate, but found it too small. The Atlas has hit the sweet spot, at least for us. However, we’ve had our share of problems with it, such things as the shower door falling off; the sliding bathroom door falling off; the Murphy bed release switch breaking; airbag problems; and other related issues. There’s always something, and it seems we spend too much time at the dealership. Patience is definitely needed. Problems aside, it works for us
- Peter Fertig, California