Class B Reviews on RV Insider (282)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Class B RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Jack Baker from Nevada says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2016 Pleasure-Way Plateau FL View Listings

I bought it on June 13th. I have a family reunion July 7-11; I'm leaving on July 6. On June 19-20, I took it to Zion NP to check everything out. The refer would not cool; took it back to the dealer. The cooling unit has a pinhole leak preventing it from reaching an acceptable refer temp. The dealer is unable to obtain a replacement refer from Dometic before my trip. I called Pleasure Way. The claim they need all of their Dometic refer stock for units in production. Basically, they said "You bought it, good-bye". I have lost all respect for Pleasure Way and do not expect decent service for any future warranty claims, if any. I am disgusted as I have to take an ice chest for a two-week trip in an already crowded RV. Pleasure Way gets one star because I could not rate them any lower.
- Jack Baker, Nevada

2020-03-24 2018 Airstream Interstate 3500 Grand Tour EXT View Listings

Terrible manufacturing,175 issues in 1 month . Arrogant company trying to modify German quality into trash made in China installed in America shame for the rv industry Don’t buy it go to hotel better !
- Ron , Alabama

2020-03-17 2019 Airstream Interstate 19 View Listings

Do you take trade for my RV, would like to see if we can make a deal with a Trade for 2015 motorhome with 6,100 miles Have no money down just want to trade in for a smaller unit , I like this unit
- Lee, California

2020-03-11 2016 Roadtrek Zion Ram Promaster View Listings

We have loved this RV from the moment we purchased it in August 2016. It is easy to drive with cruise control and 6 speed automatic transmission and front wheel drive. Great gas mileage at mpg = 17. It has a short turning radius & at 21ft length you can park in a normal space with minimal overhang. At 9.5ft height it does not fit into "normal" garage opening so inside storage is challenging.The Dodge RAM Promaster chassis with V6/3.6 L gas engine has performed outstanding with regular (5K) synthetic oil changes. It has a built in GPS and backup camera and a tow hitch with wiring. The floor plan is great with a front facing rear power sofa with 2 side benches for sleeping as 2 twin beds or 1 queen bed. The table can be setup between the front cab swivel seats or in the rear by the sofa. The most outstanding feature is the SPACIOUS storage everywhere - above & under beds, hanging clothes wardrobe, huge pot / pan drawer, pullout pantry, and shelves under sink / stove. The complete bathroom with shower is nice and there is also an outside shower. The kitchen galley has a sink and 2 burner propane stove and includes a foldout counter extension. We have constant hot water with an on demand water heater. The 200W solar panel and underhood generator produces power for the 400amp AGM coach battery making boondocking simple. The 6cu ft refrigerator / freezer runs great on battery or 110. The LED lights are everywhere and use little power. Multiple plugs allow charging devices easy. Roadtrek has carefully designed the ZION model with 37gal fresh water tank, 10gal black tank & 23gal grey tank - emptying the tanks is easy with a pump and macerator hose. It has Propane Dometic furnace (16,000 BTU) and Roof-mounted 110 V Air Conditioner (11,000 BTU). The 12ft power awning is great for shade when sitting outside. There are Automatic power steps for both front cab and side doors and the screen package with Sliding screen door for side entry and removable screen for rear cargo doors make for great ventilation. Our RV also has a Fantastic ventilation Fan with rain sensor. Cooking is easy with a Microwave (110 V, 0.7 cu. ft., 700 W). The 24" HD TV and CD Player require a 110 V power source. We added Rear Sumo springs for additional suspension & ride comfort. This Roadtrek ZION has all the comforts of home as a "house on wheels". ENJOY!
- Bill Abbott, Nebraska

2020-03-02 1999 Winnebago Rialta 22HD View Listings

THE QD MODEL SEATS 8 N SLEEPS 3/4 N FRONT N BACK. AT LEAST IT HAS LOW MILEAGE FOR A 99 THE GENERATOR IN GENERAL SUCKS. WHEN NECESSARY I USE A COOL HONDA. THE VW TRANS DONT LAST PAST 100K. GET A COOLER N CHG FLUID
- Jon , Kentucky

2020-02-29 2012 Roadtrek Popular 210 View Listings

The best thing about having a Class B RV is that it's so easy to drive and is economical. When we had a larger RV, we had a lot of situations where we couldn't park at a store because they thought we were going to stay overnight, so we didn't feel welcome. This rig isn't any longer than the van we used to have, and it's just a bit wider. It has some clever technology like a heat pump air conditioner, and a solar roof panel that helps keep the batteries charged. It has clever storage, too, and it even has an outdoor shower. A really fun rig!
- Kim Carlson, Washington

2020-02-25 2018 Roadtrek Roadtrek SS Agile View Listings

April 1 2019 We took off for a West Coast turn Around. 27 States, 21 National Parks, 11,000 miles in 90days 17MPG average. South Florida to RT 66, 4 Corners, All the parks near by. Newport Beach CA to Portland OR to Yellowstone, Little Big Horn, Rushmore, Crazy Horse, Rock Port IL. Dollywood TN, Lake Norman to Charleston SC, Orman Beach FL to Pompano Beach. No complaints, no problems.
- Rob O'Neill, Florida

2020-02-21 2018 Coachmen Crossfit 22D View Listings

We love the unit, average mpg is 15 city and 19 hwy and this is with the 3.7 size engine. Would think Coachmen could give at least a 3 year warranty but since we purchased with a forever warranty that covers most everything. The only issues we have had were the Novacool fridge overheating which got repaired under a recall, suma-spring recall which was also covered and the inside truma heater vents that I modified myself due to them being damaged by feet hitting them. Love the Ford Transit and cabinet carpentry which is top notch. Layout excellent and a lot like the Paseo. Did a lot of checking around a this is the best Class B for the buck. I see even better improvements in the 2019 and 2020 units however, I prefer the generator over the Lithium batteries at this time.
- Mark Mc., Illinois

2020-02-21 2017 Airstream Airstream Basecamp View Listings

We have always owned Airstream RVS. Our first was a 31 foot Classic. We bought it new and used it for several years. After that we owned another Airstream that was a smaller. And then we down sized again to the Base Camp. We bought it new in 2017. Unfortunately We were both experiencing health issues and only used it to travel 3 times to the Mayo Clinic in Phoenix. This unit is in new condition but we will not be traveling so will sell it to a lucky buyer. We paid $36,855.00 cash for it in January 2017. We are selling it for $27000.00.We live in Southern NM and it has never been out in the weather. We have a nice carport where it was kept. It comes with the the weight distributing hitch with anti sway bar. Also Airstream mud flap that goes on your tow vehicle. You can call us at 575-551-1636 for more information.ET and Pat Little
- Patricia A. Little, New Mexico

2020-02-15 2017 Hymer Sunlight Van One View Listings

The Sunlight 1 was ideal for myself and goldenretrievers. I bought it because I needed a reliable way to cart us out of hurricane land and go to the park or vet. I moved 2800 miles with it; the pets and I were very comfortable going down the road ( hotel to hotel.) 30 months after owning it, it sat for 5 weeks in my driveway because my groomer had a family emergency and due to the holidays, and in the mid 40's and rain, it smoldered for 20 minuets, according to the security camera, erupted into fire and burnt intensely landing the engine on the ground. Had I parked the engine towards the house, my house would have caught fire. I was home, the dog alerted me, firemen came within 15 minuets. Amen. It was a joy to drive and I really miss it. There were no lithium batteries kept on board. The AGM batteries are hard to locate under the center body of the truck. The recall for engine cooling fan in Dec 2019 was known, with no current remedy, but since it had not moved in 5 weeks, not the issue. Insurance is investigating. This is the first vehicle of this kind I have owned. This vehicle did not have the sun panels to recharge a battery, nor did it have a tow package. I added a backup camera and made no other changes. The rear signals were changed due to moisture and were under warranty.
- J nelson, Washington

2020-02-11 2015 Winnebago Travato 59G View Listings

Excellent RV for boon docking or for just running around tow. Has all the hookups for regular campgrounds too. Includes bathroom, shower, kitchen sink, stove and counter. Drives smooth even on mountain roads. Awesome storage fro bikes and kayaks.
- John, Arizona

2020-02-11 2019 Pleasure-Way Plateau XLTS View Listings

We are from Texas and purchased our Pleasureway Plateau XLTS new from Fretz RV in Souderton, Penn. It was our first RV, and it was a great experience. What we liked best about the coach was its ease of maneuvering in city streets and parking lots plus the smooth highway driving. I installed an extra rear view camera so we could monitor the traffic behind us. Set up and leaving the RV parks was easy with Pleasureway's electric and plumbing ports. Inside the cabin the AC worked very well, and the fantastic fan was tremendous. The TS has the fold down sofa that turns into a queen bed, and sleeping was great. The Mercedes diesel engine performs perfectly with out any problems after 11K miles. The shower is perfect for me as I am over 6 feet tall. I would recommend this coach above all others of the 'B' class.
- James Burkholder, Texas

2020-02-11 2016 Coachmen Galleria 24Q View Listings

The Sprinter handles just like a van and turns in a small radius. Gets up to speed fast and is very good on fuel (Diesel). Mileage is anywhere from 18 to 22 mpg. Easy to park in parking lots as it is a little over 7 feet wide like a small van.
- Mark R. DeKoster, California

2020-02-07 2004 Winnebago Rialta 22HD View Listings

Why buy this model that just sleeps 2. Mine sleeps 2 back N 1 n front. Sometimes my wife n I sleep n each bed Chk trans. They only last 100k miles. Front wheel drive 16 to 18 mpg. Drives like a big suv. Awning is great. I hv a 98 a 113k. Blah blah blah blah. Is that200
- Jon cates, Kentucky

2020-02-05 2011 Airstream Interstate 3500 View Listings

Whoever designed the interior and overall look of the coach has really good taste. Love the quality of the interior cabinets the lighting and of course the stainless steel ceiling. I’ve had many problems with the sewer system I had replaced the Motor twice and unfortunately they do not have any back up system. They need to upgrade the battery system and how to charge it during the winter months.The generator runs on propane instead of diesel which is a hassle because you have to keep filling it up with propane. The air-conditioning is very loud they need to replace with multi speed fans or better yet duck the air through the cabinetry.Overall this is a good coach I’d recommend buying one but be prepared that many things break.
- Benjamin Kennedy, Oklahoma

2020-01-27 2020 Winnebago View 24D View Listings

Has anyone had trouble staying warm sleeping in this model??? At 30 to 40 degrees outside the furnace on two of these that I delivered would not maintain 70 degrees inside. I was glad it was not cold out. Previous years always seamed to work good down around zero.
- Dennis wiedenman, Iowa

2020-01-22 2019 Coachmen Crossfit 22C View Listings

THE WORST WARRANTY/CUSTOMER SUPPORT I HAVE EVER EXPERIENCED! ROOF AC QUIT WORKING AFTER ABOUT 3 USES. DEALER SAYS THEY CAN'T FIX IT BECAUSE AC MFG (DOMETIC) SAYS IT MEETS THEIR SPECS FOR COOLING..TEMPS REACH OVER 100 DEGREESINSIDE MOTORHOME WITH OUTSIDE TEMP OF ABOUT 80!!DEALER SAYS MAYBE ITS "BECAUSE I BOUGHT THE DARKER SHADE OF GRAY." (ONLY 2 COLORS OFFERED). NO MORE COACHMEN FOR ME::NEVER AGAIN! STICK TO ROADTREK OR TRAVADO!!!!
- SEALOCK, Virginia

2020-01-18 2020 Winnebago Vita 24P View Listings

Just purchased 2020 Vita from Phoenix LaMesa RV, VIN 8BNPF4CC7JE158401. iT HAD 1708 MILES ON IT WHEN I picked it up. I drove home to California, some 350 miles. MPG were 10. I drove it between 55 and 75 mph. It is advertised as an 18 to 20 mpg. Why the losey mileage? It also would not go faster than 50 mph on slight hills.
- doug Uhler, California

2020-01-12 2009 Pleasure-way Lexor TS View Listings

We loved this Pleasure-way. It has been most dependable, but decided to sell and seek a larger RV geared for comfort being we are retired seniors. We are looking now for a Sprinter upto 24' with more space
- Stan Shapoff, California

2020-01-08 1986 Winnebago Le Sharo View Listings

economy is the word here, with a small 4 cyl. turbo diesel engine winnebago took a french renault traffic van and added their systems to maximize economy during the gas crisis years. at only 20'L and 7'H you can park anywhere and it's not a behemoth in high winds like the tall sprinters that r nearly $100K. it has an exceptional ride and is very comfortable to drive if u r not in a hurry! the middle bathroom and the two full beds r a blessing to a couple that snores. it's comfortable to step into and has all the glamping comforts of home...65 mph tops though! but it's all worth it when u get to the pump!
- marcelo bermann, California

2020-01-07 2014 Airstream Interstate 3500 EXT View Listings

BEWARE!!!!!The factory will not stand behind their mistakes they made in the original install of my interstate side Windows! I am just now showing rust around ALL my side windows that was created by Airstream allowing metal shavings to imbed in the outside perimeter paint. Now after 6 years the shavings are rusting and windows need removed and paint /body repaired. I have gone thru my dealer in San Diego and Airstream will not cover the $3,200 repair. They admitted this on other forums and paid to cover other faulty installs of the same problem but not after warranty. Problem is that’s when it shows up. Thought Airstream backed their problems they created. Really disappointed. I had six body shops confirm it happened in the factory at install and not treated correctly!!!!
- Richard Sharpe, California

2020-01-06 1996 Winnebago Rialta 22RC View Listings

Bought my 1996 Rialta used, in 2004, fro PPL in Houston. Had adopted an eight week old cattle dog. The first time I traveled with her and stayed in a hotel, I left her in the room and walked away and she started barking, so, that wasn't going to work. Flew one way to Houston from Reno, picked it up, and drove it home to California. What a great vehicle. It gets 18-23 mpg using regular unleaded gas. It is serviced by Precision Automotive in Bakersfield, California. Love them. Worth driving across the Sierra Nevada. Next year, my baby turns 25 and I will be applying for the CA DMV Historic Vehicle license plate! Woohoo.
- Wynne Benti, California

2020-01-04 2013 Airstream Interstate 3500 EXT View Listings

I love my Mercedes Benz Airstream Interstate. It has been a better experience than I expected. We have enjoyed traveling and seeing our part of the country without the hassle of reservations, ect.
- Vickie, North Carolina

2019-12-31 2015 Pleasure-way Plateau XL View Listings

Amazing, drives like a car, has everything..........................................................................................................................................................................................
- Rob Wexler, California

2019-12-27 2016 Airstream Interstate 3500 EXT View Listings

Very poor quality. Love the vehicle features but it is broken most of the time. I have more miles taking it to RBM of Atlanta than I have trip miles. Easy to drive but the final finish quality was very poor from Airstream. Mine is 4wd at 160,000 plus with 9000 miles and something goes wrong every time I drive over 80 miles. By the way it needed two airbags but MB could only replace drivers side do to back order. Come back in three or four months and we can fix the one for my wife. Seems backwards to me. So another whole day at the shop POS FOR THE COST By the war sprinter dodge and the others mostly same parts and chassis do not let the MB tag fool you just means more money for service
- Ben Dickerson, South Carolina