Park Model

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Park Model RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Charles from Kentucky says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2017 Palomino Puma 39PQB View Listings

I bought a 2017 puma 39pqb in late 2016. The size and the floor plan are great, the quality of the trailer is not. All the valves are plastic, insulation is minimal, most of the trim pieces will fall of in the first couple of months The fixtures will fail As long as you don't mind doing weekly maintainence when using the trailer it's a great buy for the money Don't buy the warranty You will have to take it to a dealer where it may sit for six months
- Charles, Kentucky

2021-08-07 2020 Forest River Wildwood Grand Lodge 42DL View Listings

We bought a 2020 Forest River by Wildwood, a Grand Lodge, we ordered it from McKenzie Trailers north or Toronto, Ontario. First of all, this trailer should have never left Wildwood manufacturing plant. It is built with the cheapest material around. We have had problems with things breaking, examples, light over dinning table, crack in siding with water entering every time it rains, was fixed over winter, but came back first week we were back in it.....still leaking and now we have black mold growing!!!! We have tried to talk to MacKenzie Rv where we went through the warrentee department, and still nothing, when they call Wildwood warentee,no answer and no return call....same for Forrest River. We have tried calling and writing comments and emails to all 3, and no reply or comments. This is SOOO Frustrating!!! We at our end and have no idea of what else to do. This is only a couple of things that have happened to this trailer. There are too many to list. I (personally) WOULD NEVER BUY A FORESY RIVER BY WILDWOOD again, and would never recommend anyone ever buy one
- John Knowles, Ontario

2021-07-24 2019 Forest River Salem Grand Villa 42DL View Listings

I love my Grand Villa! I have had only one issue and the factory sent the part, free of charge to a local mobile RV repair person. Two years and all is well! I have it placed in a Florida west coast RV Resort. I am always getting compliments from passers-by.
- Traveling Gal, Florida

2020-12-15 2016 Forest River Wildwood Lodge 404X4 View Listings

This is a great unit. Perfect fit for a family that needs room. I one gave 3 stars on the towing and warranty because I don't have experience with either. It has two bathrooms and separate spaces for privacy when needed. The exterior kitchen makes entertaining guest and grilling ao much easier and better. The bathrooms both have one touch power vents witn adjustable fan speeds; no more manually opening vents. It has many small features that make this unit great such as full size, stainless steel fridge and oven, solid state counter tops, under seat storage on the kitchen chairs, under cabinet LED lighting, and more. If you have the opportunity at one of these, take it.
- michael.olson12, Wisconsin

2020-11-23 2017 CrossRoads Hampton HP400FL View Listings

Just purchased the trailer used. Extreme rust on frame and support straps. One strap was dangling on one side. Roof membrane at front of trailer has come out from under the drip edge exposing osb plywood. Front left window is installed upside down. Weep holes are at the top! Electrical switch on front of frame is completely melted. No brakes, truck does not recognize anything in computer. 1/8" interior plywood wall coverings are popped out all over the place. The shower leaked like a sieve at bottom right because there was zero caulking! Under the aluminum door track was 2 way tape! Had to completely remove the shower doors and bottom track to clean and dry and seal properly with silicone. Rear steps are so badly rusted they barely fold. This thing is only 3 years old! The manufacturer claims 12 year warranty on roof. We shall see. Frame rust is way beyond surface damage. The entire bottom of I beam frame needs heavy grinding and repainting. Inexpensive and I'm finding new problems as I speak. Hoping puddled water under kitchen sink was left over from leaking shower. It's just a flimsy wall separating bathroom from kitchen. No obvious leaks found yet. All four tires were so badly cracked I bought replacements immediately. Why in the hell would an electrical component with bare wires exposed to the road elements not be covered? I'm not even sure what it is exactly! Not yet anyway. With no brakes, no lights, no way I can move this piece of crap if I needed to. Not impressed with anything on this really. Hard to enjoy with so many serious issues
- Robert Brenner, California

2020-10-08 2020 CrossRoads Hampton HP371KL View Listings

Hampton is a terrible company to buy an RV from. 4 screws came out of the wall that held blinds, trim on ceiling starting to come down, doors that won't stay closed, stove that was sent without grommets, Fireplace rattles like a firebell, etc...Hamptons answer to all this is it isn't covered under 1 year warranty, but a 90 day adjustment warranty which is useless because it is a park model and 2 hours from service. Dealer said make a note of problems and all would be fixed at season end. Huge problems trying to get solutions from Hampton and all they can say is"sucks to be you - should read your owners manual"
- K. Cronin, Ontario

2020-09-17 2014 Keystone Retreat 39FKSS View Listings

Since owning the rev, we had leakage issues. Over the years we have been able to repair them, until now. We found a few soft spots in the kitchen and living room areas. Got an estimate of $8000 to have it removed from site and opened up to check for damage and start the repair. Insurance said they don’t cover this type of problem. Keystone said we’re out of warranty. So we decided to open it up and boy did this make us sick to our stomachs. The amount of damage and rot is horrendous. We were able to pinpoint the main leak from the side slide window in the living room. That area has rotted under the back wall to the bathroom. The carpet, tile, subfloor, insulation, lower wood supports, all trashed. To fix this properly, the whole bathroom, shower will have to be disassembled. We are pretty sure that the issue started in the 7 months that it sat on the rv lot waiting to be sold. When we purchased it and had it put on our site, the 1st rain water poured in through the window. The dealer came out and fixed it, which the next rain, it still leaked. So my husband recaulked it. We are pretty sure that the slide end leaks have added to this issue, but the amount of damage has taken years to happen. So now what? We are paying $800 a month for an rv we can’t enjoy. I don’t know if it is even cost effective to repair. I do know this, keystone better be ready for me. Anyone else wanting to be reimbursed for their hunk of crap, please join me.
- Debbie kirby, Maryland

2020-09-09 2019 Forest River Salem Grand Villa 42DL View Listings

I live full time in my RV. I love the size of my home. The rooms are perfect. The small loft is 2ft high perfect for storage. The bigger loft is 3ft high and it is perfect for little kids. My son is 5 and loves it. The bedroom is big and I was able to fit a King size bed and feel just fine in my room. There is so much storage I was able to keep the things I own without compromising to much. I have a full size washer and dryer and are perfect. I use the sliding doors as my Main entrance. The awning is huge and I keep it open even with rain cause I have it tilted so the water runs fine. The bathroom is big I don’t feel any difference between an apartment and here. The stove I like and dislike. I can only use 2 stoves at once and never used the middle one. I wish I had 4 burners instead. I’ve used the oven a lot and like it. Only thing Is when it’s super hot outside the RV gets even hotter when using the stove. The ACs are great and cold. I recommend during the day use 75 and during the night 70 it feels cold. My sons bedroom feels good all day long. I love the sofa bed I’ve been able to use it a lot when I have company I did buy a topper so it is even more comfortable. I love the dining table it is beautiful and I also use it as my office space and for homeschooling. I am able to store things behind the love seat and next to it and also in the dinning area because it’s big. I can fit a whole months of food in pantry and fridge. The refrigerator and Freezer work perfect even when super full. The water heater is great I have never run out of hot water and I use it a lot when doing dishes. I was told it’s a residential size 50 gallons. The water pump can be on and you wouldn’t even know the difference between having it on or off. For a family of 3 I keep the grey tank always open. My black tank is always clothes and I empty it every 6 days. You have to wash it if not it stinks bad. Use the hose to do so and also the shower hose too. The bathroom cabinets are perfect for towels and also using the bottom one for Dirty laundry. I have a cat litter box under the Bathroom sink and it’s a big one and it fits nicely. There is plenty of storage everywhere. I feel I live in a house rather than an RV. And the open space feels good. I love the TV set up. The speaker isn’t that good. And if I leave it on too much then it freezes and I have to go to the fuse box and take the fuse out and back on to give the system a reboot. If you loose power you can still turn on your lights. The battery is enough to power the slides if needed. The window seals is something you need to check when buying because sometimes they need to be replaced. Other than that it’s all good. I like the floor it’s never feels too cold and the rug is nice. But honestly be careful because they are so fluffy that you might slip and fall. It’s happened to us at least once in 5 months. When using the RV for 3 people and the two ACs we have notice that we’ve spent about $254 in electricity per month and in the summer months. I do hear much from. The outside. Once I turn on my fan in my room and sleep I don’t hear anything. My husband can be in the living room with the TV on and talking on the phone and I don’t hear him in my room which is nice. My son turns his TV and as long as he has the volume down I can’t hear him. Which is nice since I work nights and sleep during the day. The closet in the loft can fit a kids full wardrobe. The RV does move a lot but if you place it on cement it should stabilize more. I have internet on my RV hooked up to the cable on the back and it works perfect. I have good speed. The box has to be inside the bedroom because that’s where the main outlet is. The shades are perfect. They really do block out the lights. The big window in the living room has no shade and when the sun hits it’s just horrible it needs at least a curtain. My bedroom slide had to be adjusted because it wouldn’t sit in place and it would not open alll the way making the room hot. After I got it fixed the heat would stay out. Overall I’m happy I bought this Trailer.
- Ivy, Florida

2020-09-06 2019 Forest River Cedar Creek Cottage 40CRS View Listings

Our first year was enjoyable except for faulty instillation or our washer causing flooding and the DVD player died after using it about 5 times. This year not so good The Original connection hose to the washer Was faulty and lasted one season so another flood, the ice maker died after one season and the worst part is the AC died totally after the cooling fluid leaked out. I’m almost afraid of what’s next. Can we bring manufacturing back to North America. I would rather pay more for products that last. Some of the problems were fixed under warranty but we are left with water stained carpet and suffering temps of 32 degrees Celsius or 90 degrees Fahrenheit Trailer Quality is low and ACs not available for replacement because of COVID. I could add more but what’s the point. TJ
- Toni Jabs. , British Columbia

2020-08-15 2016 Forest River Salem Villa 4092BFL View Listings

Our 2016 Forest River Salem Villa (4092BFL)has been amazing! It's extremely spacious and feels almost more like a home than an RV. Huge windows and skylights let in lots of light. The loft is a favorite of the grand-kiddos. Tons of storage throughout (almost more than I need). The kitchen is wonderful...love the solid surface counters and stainless appliances. Truly an excellent RV to own! Would recommend to anyone
- Julie, Kansas

2020-08-02 2019 Forest River Wildwood DLX View Listings

This poorly manufactured 400 2Q is full of surprises. The company should be ashamed at the quality of their product. In first year we have replaced a complete shower unit, turned yellow, back bathroom wall, big cracks. Toilet, leaked. 4 blinds, did not work. Staples are seen throughout walls, stains on floor, black caulk stuck on floor.
- Mike, Ontario

2020-07-28 2018 Keystone Retreat View Listings

Our first year owning this, the toilet leaked, footrest on lounge chairs broke, One AC Unit won’t keep it cool, second year roof leaks and floor is getting soft . Can’t find any leaks causing that just bad quality. Called Dealer and Factory, no one wants to stand behind it. I would not recommend buying anything made by Keystone.
- Earl Bowen, New York

2020-07-13 2018 Forest River Salem Villa Estate 4102BFK View Listings

If i worked for this company I would be embarrassed to say I worked on this trailer. Quality is pathetic!!! Looks good when you walk in,I made the mistake of not looking closely,trailer is not two years old and the kitchen drawers have fallen off, bathroom mirror and light was installed so crooked i can't fix,we put two towels in the closet and it fell apart, trim is coming off the walls and they put so much silicon everywhere it's ridiculous,, Impossible to get any drawings on the trailer, emails don't get returned,,, Please stay away from this company.
- Bob wannamaker, Ontario

2020-06-24 2019 Forest River Salem Grand Villa 42DL View Listings

We bought a 2019 Salem Villa 353FLFB Destination Trailer last year. The second day we were in it the electrical system blew out and we lost all power. Sparks, odor. There was a flaw in the plug coming from the trailer. It had not been put together properly. Because of the power sparks, we lost the freezer, the a.c. has never worked right, and a brand new coffee pot. The cheap screen door comes off the track almost every time we use it. Cannot get it adjusted right, including the service tech. The microwave door is right up to the side of refrig so we can't open the microwave all the way. The shades have a plastic strip to pull them up and down but the strip easily comes off so the strips are virtually worthless. The bathroom has nowhere to hang anything unless you put command hooks over the toilet and risk them falling in the toilet. We didn't realize the handicap that would be when we purchased the trailer. On and on....if I could use a zero rating this trailer would receive it. Very unhappy and Forest River will not respond to our several emails and phone messages requesting a call. By looking at all these poor reviews, we wish we had looked at them before we purchased. DON'T PURCHASE FROM FOREST RIVER PLEASE!!!
- Bev, Wisconsin

2020-06-17 2021 Palomino Puma 38RLB View Listings

We did a lot of research before purchasing. We even saw all the negative reviews associated with Forest River Inc. After all the browsing and research we found the Palomino Puma 38rlb. The only available one, because they apparently sell so fast, was a 2021. First of all this destination trailer looks great from the outside for being an aluminum trailer. The graphics and flair moldings on the wheels are an eye catcher. The floor plans offered in these destination trailers are great at the prices they are sold at. Being one of the few offering 4 slide outs is a huge plus. However, let's just say that they should put a little more effort in trying to design a couple of them to extend maybe 4 inches more. The first issue we had was with the main AC unit. It was plugged in backwards. Contacted Puma and the dealer and told them how unacceptable this is for it to be sent to the dealer and leave the factory not being checked. There is also the issue of a lot of staples not being fully into the floor around the carpet. I had to hammer them all fully in. Another issue that seems to fall still on the lack of quality checks is things like trim and walls pulling apart.. From the lack of staples not being fully placed. There are quite a few areas such as access panels that could have actually been used as another source of storage, but after removing the panel you'll notice they used a large space for unnecessarily running walls up and then immediately into the adjacent wall also inside this panel.. Laziness. Another problem area falling on both the dealer and the manufacturer is the lack of cleaning. Inside one of the heater vents was a large pile of wood chippings from the initial drilling of the frame. You'll also find tons of tiny metal shavings all throughout the inside of the trailer. No oversight. I believe these trailers are great and really have a lot of potential, but there needs to be more QAQCS, a little adjustment to overall planning, and I would say adding things like enclosed underbelly or tinted/dual pane windows. Typically, a destination trailer is to be lived in for extended periods - you'd think that'd be the basis around every part of the manufacturing and selling of this product.
- Richard, Texas

2020-06-09 2017 Forest River Sierra Destination 393RL View Listings

Great High Quality Trailer with lots of space, storage and nice finishes throughout. We use it as a weekend get-a-way on the river in the AZ heat. Has great isolation and with dual AC's it stays cool year round. It's Built to last!
- Hollie S., Arizona

2020-06-02 2017 Forest River Sierra 393RL View Listings

Our RV Trailer is over 3 years old. We use it as a weekend get a way on the Parker River. We LOVE IT! We have NOT had any issues with the RV so far and it stays cool in the SUPER HOT SUMMER Desert. Highly recommend this RV trailer if looking for great comfort and nice luxury camping.
- Brett M., Arizona

2020-05-26 2015 Heartland Trail Runner 39QBBH View Listings

We have been very disappointed with our camper! From the moment we left the lot with this hunk of s**t it has been horrible!! The bed fell off the wall, the blinds are not placed properly on the wall, the curtain rods are not measured out correctly. Everything is crooked. The wrong table was installed. All of the caulk around all of the sinks are peeling off. The gutters do not help at all, water is everywhere! It seems they are not pitched correctly. This camper is a dam nightmare! Instead of enjoying ourselves on the weekends, we seem to be repairing and fixing things with this camper. And, the biggest bitch is that we can not use the 2nd door because there is a huge gap btw the door and the frame of the door.I wish I could post pictures to show how the door is. We would NOT recommend this camper to anyone. And, when we called to talk to the dealer about it, they have done nothing!! Worst experience ever!! 2 thumbs down!!
- Angela, New York

2020-05-07 2013 Skyline Nomad Joey View Listings

This trailer has been nothing but trouble since we got it. The first summer the electrical panel blew we had to wait almost 3 months for are money back. The second year a staple in the back of the trailer rusted and cracked a water hose. We have had numerous water leaks the door wall leaked down the wall in the bedroom which wrecked the floor trying to get it repaired now. the flooring in the living room, kitchen is coming up has since the first year. This is the 3rd trailer we have had and the worse one ever as far as workman ship.
- Marge Vanzo, Michigan

2020-05-03 2019 Recreation by Design Bay Point 43PM View Listings

Wheel bearings on front axel went bad and caught fire. Had to replace total brake assembly. Found another axel bent and wears out tire quickly. Have to pay to have straightened and buy tire. 3 tires separated under 1000 miles, cheap tires. Wont transfer warranty even though RV was never used and I'm the second owner!!!
- bozzbryan48, Utah

2020-03-06 2019 Keystone Retreat 391FLFT View Listings

Guys, just please dont even consider keystone.. I heard few bad things before buying one but figured cant please everyone so I went for a keystone. The worst mistake of my life. It just turned a year old and has warranty but keystone does not stand by it at all. Our rv is literally ruined from mold bc no ventilation. This model does not have a exhaust fan in shower room so moisture is just so bad. We did everything to prevent it but here we are. After camp rids, expensive dehumidifiers, crack in windows.. still... mold issues! Bc they state condensation in the warranty papers they are good and dont gac e to cover any problems that come from it.. we let it sit and it has problems we stay in it and it has problems.. we literally threw away 70 grand with this.. it makes me so sick!! When we open our underbelly up it was covered so bad in mold. I had a misscarage and stayed sick bc of it!! We didnt kno it was mold under there and it grew within weeks.. trust me!! This is a huge issue with keystone!! Stay clear away!!
- machellefranklin, Texas

2020-03-01 2016 Forest River Wildwood Deluxe 39FDEN View Listings

We own a 2016 Wildwood Deluxe 39 FDEN destination trailer.We bought as a 1 year old in fall of 2017 and this is our 3rd season using it approx. 3 months of the year in Florida. We have had multiple issues with this trailer. --2nd season had to replace the living room air conditioner due to it freezing up and dripping on the floor, service guy said it was a very poor quality unit. --we had a water leak in the corner of the dining room slide by the main wall that we had repaired 2 times last season but over the summer it still leaked and rotted the floor and damaged the wallboard. We had to replace a 2 x 6 foot area of the floor. --the leather on the reclining chair cracked and peeled and it had to be thrown out. --we had a another water leak by the front bay window that destroyed the right hand end table, the water came in through a clearance light that had fallen out due to lack of caulking at the factory. --the rear air conditioner runs continuously and does not shut off, we haven't dealt with this yet. --there are many other minor issues that are due to poor product quality and workmanship that I haven't mentioned. I would like to hear from other owners of this model if they have encountered the same problems and how they fixed them. I contacted Forest River for some help and they blew me away by saying your out of warranty and there is no coverage. I asked if they would supply us with a new end table and I would install it and they flatly refused. They said I could order one from a forest river dealer and pay for it. I thought forest river would have some goodwill warranty but I guess not. It appears that forest river has very poor quality and workmanship and does not stand behind their products. This is the fifth RV we have owned, the most expensive and the poorest quality, I will never buy a another forest river product.
- kojamae, Florida

2019-09-24 2018 Forest River Salem Villa Estate 4102BFK View Listings

I loved everything about it until it leaked and wall bubbled in dining area was informed manufacturer defect due to window not sealed originally ..extended warranty 5 years...camper was 15 months but because it was over a year manufacturer denied claim even though their fault..extended warranty denied doesn't cover alot .service sucks..manufacturer sucks for customer service and protection...not happy and will take legal action
- Cherie Nickles , New Hampshire

2019-09-06 2019 Forest River Cherokee DEstination 39BR View Listings

2019 39br forest river cherokee limited. First glance loved the floor plan spacious and elegant. We bought it and spent two weeks in it close to where we bought it. First pull 15 miles first night noticed some issues. First we asked that it be cleaned before pickup and it was not saw dust still on vertical surfaces and metal flakes everywhere including embedded into the carpet. Keep in mind this wasn't used its brand new. Fireplace opened up a 1/4 inch gap at top and shower leaked because it wasn't caulked at the lower rail at all. I fixed all those issues and winterized the rv. After 7 months we decided to move it to Texas almost 1400 miles to set it at a permanent location. After set up there we found several water leaks a few pipes literally separated. The toilet valve had a hairline crack and the island faucet also had a hairline crack also fixed all that myself. Several days later the lines to the propane tanks blew the hoses off the barbed fittings so now I'm off to the parts store to get two new lines. Bottom line this is very poor craftsmanship. Also the a/c can't keep up past 75 degree weather. I expected a lot better after spending more than $40,000.00
- Eric , Texas

2019-09-02 2017 Coachmen Catalina Destination 39MKTS View Listings

Purchased new from Kamper City,Peninsula, Ohio. Complained about seals and water leaks since delivered. Never fixed b/c unable to find. Floor now damaged and nobody wants to fix cuz out of warranty. Had 2 QC inspections at plant & Corporate. Worst of 4 campers. Would never recommend dealer or Mfgr. Was sold a bill of goods by both at the IX Center RV show in Cleveland, Oh. Floor is spongy, bowed and bolts from under Flooring starting to protrude thru linoleum. This is strictly engineering and workmanship. Also had 4 windows that leaked Water. Dealer replaced 1 wiper seal under one 3 slideouts and wanted me to pay $300 cuz he said it wasn't warranty yet he was on site doing warranty work. He wouldn't honor insurance coverage that He sold me as bumper to bumper coverage. And this occurred after he replaced wiper seal. Response times were lengthy in between return trips, wrong parts ordered and lost. No communications to me on follow up calls. Owner obnoxious to deal with. Refused to do anymore cuz he says out of warranty now yet it was NEVER REPAIRED from the beginning when I placed Numerous Complaints about faulty seals and water leaks. I was told by Coachmen direct that after it passed plant QC that it would take an extra couple days but they would take unit to Corporate office and perform an additional QC inspection which they normally don't do but assurd me of nothing short of perfection. I was lied to by dealer about the"Platinum" insurance policy that I paid extra for and its coverage. When they replaced wiper seal they told me it wouldn't be covered by insurance. Several mos. later I spoke to Ins. Co. And was told they would have covered it. I have another seal on another slide out that is ripped like the first one. Something tips them up when they are extended and retracted. Trim moldings kept falling off walls, cabinets and ceiling. The Bed ble apart several times when sat on. I FINALLY had to fix problems by using screws and not stapling plywood panels. To say the least, I'm furious. I bought 4 trailers from Kamper city in the past. Three were Sportsmen and we were sold on better quality and workmanship if we bought Coachmen. EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTED. 9/1/19
- Jack Glyde, Ohio