Class C Reviews (897)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Class C and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of these RVs.

julia shelton from Washington says:

Have you owned any Class C? Write a review

Voted Most Helpful Review 2017 Lance Lance 1475 View Listings

Purchased a 1475 new in May of 2016. Loved it-so cozy and comfortable for a tiny trailer. However, the roof has been leaking since day one and is now on it's 4th visit to the dealer for repair. There was also a recall on the frig which took a month to fix. The front window had to be replaced due to the self storing blind getting jammed up. The dealer is not sympathetic and doesn't seem to care at all. Since we live in Washington state, a leaking roof is a major concern. I called Lance directly and they agreed to replace the mattress. But they don't seem to care about my concerns about water damage that may be occurring in the ceiling, cabinetry or electrical. The fact is that we haven't been able to use it very much-it has been in the shop most of the time. But we are still making the payments. So disappointed-it was a dream of mine to own a camper of some sort and we heard Lance was "top of the line."
- julia shelton, Washington

2019-06-11 2010 Jayco Greyhawk 31SS View Listings

The Jayco Greyhawk 31SS is an absolutely superb RV with a great floor plan that's incredibly comfortable to drive and live in with all the comforts of home. Most impressive is the internal cupboard storage room with volumes of space for small kitchen appliances, groceries and gadgets galore. Towing a car dolly and car with it is effortless. Lastly, the external storage room is more than ample and driving it is as easy as a panel Van. Should have bought one a long time ago!!! This one hasn't disappointed us at all, so I highly recommend this model for anyone considering an RV - whether a class A or Class C.
- Nick, Ontario

2019-06-11 2017 Winnebago View 24V View Listings

This is a terrific motorhome. It has several quality features and the diesel engine is efficient and cost saving. We lived in it for 6 months, the 2 of us, and were very comfortable. It didn't seem crowded, probably because of the bump out. Very comfortable on the road as well. We loved the twin beds, but it can be made into a queen size. We added extra storage shelves in kitchen, bath, and under refrigerator which helped in less shopping trips. All in all it is a fun unit and easy to drive and maintain.
- Larry Dickinson, New York

2019-06-09 2017 Thor Motor Coach Quantum GR22 View Listings

I’ve had this RV for two years and to replace all of the batteries. None of them held a charge - the cab one was not strong enough to start the engine- the coach batteries had dead cells and cracked after being being recharged. The coach batteries leaked giving off chloine gas. With a full propane tank onboard I could have burnt alive or died in the explosion
- Barney Rubitsky, New York

2019-06-07 1995 Damon Ultrasport 2002 View Listings

Great solid, comfortable RV. Good floorplan, small size, big attributes. Easy to drive and maneuver. I graduated from towing a trailer with a pickup to a motorized unit with ability to tow small car. Traveling is easier since you can walk through to sleeping area without exiting vehicle. I like the integrated generator (& its automatic shut-off!) & propane, the bigger V-8 engine, & how quick it is to cool/heat. The kitchen and door placed in the back is a vast improvement over centrally located. Seems to take up less room & can open door to vent more. Overhead bunk is gigantic! I like the extra thick cushions on couch and dinette since I've got a bad back. My previous ones had thinner cushions and I had to add padding. Plenty of storage, fridge is big enough and cold enough. Everything needed to camp comfortably.
- Myra, Florida

2019-06-07 2017 Thor Motor Coach Four Winds 31W View Listings

We purchased our Thor Motorcoach in Feb. 2017 - brand new. First time out we had a major leak in the roof at the back of the RV and heater did not work (had to have a part replaced). 2 recalls in the first year. Took cover off this year and MORE leaks - SEVERAL this time. So disappointed and if we have had this many leaks in 2 years I can't imagine what's to come. We are new RV owners but I can't believe all these leak issues are normal for a vehicle only 2 years old! I think I have to recommend staying away from these to anyone thinking of buying!!
- Melissa M, Illinois

2019-06-06 2018 Forest River Forester MBS 2401W View Listings

Overall my experience with the Forester 2401W has been a positive one. In the course of two longer road trips systems worked as they should with one exception. The cable for the black tank dump valve seized and had to be replaced. The very comfortable seats in the cockpit makes long tips effortless. The driving and handling experience has been good since I had a Roadmaster anti sway stabilizer installed on the front. The ease of maneuvering in gas stations and other tight areas has been one of the best features of the unit. The power of the Mercedes diesel is surprising never loosing any speed when using cruise control on any incline. Depending on wind and road conditions the average MPG ranged from 13.5 to 16 at 60 to 65 MPH.
- James Wright, Florida

2019-06-05 2006 Gulf Stream Conquest 6280 View Listings

My family enjoys using the RV it was roomy enough for two young grandchildren and an older son plus me and my husband. Never felt cramped. It's self contained which is nice on long road trips. All appliances work and the air conditioner keeps you cool. We did use the heat a couple nights and it works great too. The grandkids had room to stretch and enjoyed the ride. It's a great family camper to make many great memories
- Kari Smith, Indiana

2019-06-04 2018 Jayco Seneca 37HJ View Listings

I am just in awe over the news we just learned from Jayco about our $180,000 RV that we just bought 6 months ago. They are now telling us that we can not use it anywhere that the temperature is below 32 degrees. We live in central Texas where the temp doesn't get very low but our "tankless" water heater froze up and burst. We had absolutely no idea this would happen in our RV shed with the heater going in the rv. And was NEVER told this during our walk through. Now we have to pay, after buying an extra warranty that was supposed to cover from front to back, $1200 plus installation. Then we are told that our $180,000 RV can't be taken to places below 32 degrees unless you drain it I guess every night and day and go down the road with out any hot water. This most definitely limits us to traveling in the Northwestern states except certain times of the year. This is the third Jayco that we bought because we had been so pleased with the past two but we have NEVER been so disappointed in our lives over a purchase of this extent being so misguiding. We are retired and have saved up for years to get the retirement coach we had dreamed about for years. We never write reviews but I just don't want anyone else to be taken advantage of like we have. We would recommend that you not buy this motorhome unless you are planning to stay in warmer climates.
- recagodfrey@yahoo.com, Texas

2019-06-03 2009 Winnebago View 24A View Listings

This RV is a Dream to drive and can go anyplace. Winnebago built quality into this unit and the Sprinter/Mercedes combination is a winner. The Weingard TV Slimguard antenna is auto search and is plug & play for the DTV Genie receiver. HWH hydraulic leveling jacks make leveling a done deal. The solar pad keeps batteries up to snuff even in the shade. Bonus entertainment item "Lifetime Sirus" package.
- Lloyd Holmes, California

2019-05-31 2019 Winnebago Minnie Winnie 31G View Listings

I am a first time "RVer" and my family and I rented this for a long weekend. We took it up and down the Texas coast and it was very easy to drive and was very stable on the road. Without the slides out the passenger area is more limited while driving however once parked, the "Minnie" was definitely not that. We had ample places to stow our gear, for the kids to sleep, and the dog to wander. We also had the optional tailgate package which was a blast for us being able to listen to tunes and watch TV outside. Hookups were simple and the AC was ice cold. The sink area is a bit smaller than expected but we were able to easily cook for a family of 4. Overall the vehicle was perfect for the 4 of us(even though its able to sleep 10 I would expect that to be pretty tight) and we would definitely recommend both renting and the vehicle to our friends!
- Jason, Texas

2019-05-29 2017 Thor Motor Coach Chateau 23U View Listings

I found this vehicle to be perfect for two people driving cross country with a dog. I chose the Chateau model 23U which has no pullouts and found that the floor plan worked very well. The full-size bed in the back was very comfortable and the kitchen and bathroom were spacious and well placed.
- Bob Keher, South Carolina

2019-05-27 2018 Thor Motor Coach Freedom Elite 30FE View Listings

Purchased unit new from national dealer at local rv sales center. Poor overall quality. A/C runoff into living area. Shades/blinds string breaks (two windows, one happened twice). House battery does not hold a charge. Gauges for grey and black tanks never show actual. When empty, they show 3/4 full. LP gauge only shows 3/4 or less. Interior fit and finish haphazard. Back up camera view difficult to make out when backing in shadows. Replaced "queen" bed mattress for comfort reasons. Aexerra radio/cd/carplay unit difficult to adjust. TV in one of the bunk beds went out in first year. Drawers in kitchen under sink and under fridge do not stay closed. Service department at rv dealer has "fixed" the drawers twice and one still does not stay closed. Sliding door between bunk beds and queen bed came open during driving. When it came open, it came off the track. Was repaired three times. Finally service dept put retainer strap to hold it in closed position. Still not totally usable as now will not open all the way to block off the bed area. Owners manual is generic and most info does not apply to the unit. Service dept does not return calls. Had to get corporate involved for the dealer service dept to call me back. Good: Ford makes an excellent drive train.
- Thisuldo, South Carolina

2019-05-25 2017 Winnebago Minnie Winnie Premier 31K View Listings

We love the large open living room/kitchen. We owned a motor home and a trailer before buying the Minnie Winnie and this has the largest counter top which is a joy to use. It has a large slid-out that creates a large room. The u-shaped dinette is very useful and creates more seating. We towed our side-by-side Rhino with no issues. We were surprised at the good gas mileage that we got with this 33' long motor home, 12.5 to 7.9 (over the pass). This mileage was on a trip to Cody, WY, from close to Salt Lake City, UT. It has a good back-up camera, basement storage, electric (automatic) awning. The kitchen has 2 roll-out cabinets. We had the front over the cab repainted and the cover over the vents and the shower were new March, 2018. It has a good generator. The closets in the bedroom are a little small but we used command strips for hanging some things on the walls which made it adequate. My husband had a heart attach and fibrillation problems so we are sad to not be using the motor home. Thus we are selling it.
- Anne Iverson, Utah

2019-05-23 2017 Forest River Forester 3011DS Ford View Listings

We bought this RV in Madison Wisconsin at Camping World. They were real sweet until we signed the papers. Then all the trouble started. First of all the extended warranty they pushed on us was only for the coach they didn’t mention anything about the chassis. When I had a problem they said oh we don’t cover that so sorry. Make sure you know what your paying for. I had to make about 8 100 mile round trips for warranty work and very little was accomplished. The radio gps CD player stopped working they looked at it took it out and said it was fine. It still didn’t word. Drove 1500 miles with out a radio. Lots of fun huh. I had to shell out ove 400 dollars for a new one and installed it myself. Had it in to get the roof washed and treated,they said it was done. They wanted 350 dollars for this. I walk out and went up the latter and nothing done. Told them to kiss my ass I’m not paying. The back panel in the bedroom was ruined in shipping the said they would order a new one. Haven’t head a thing in 2 years go figure. The generator stopped working,took it in to have it looked at,they said it had bad gasoline and didn’t fix it another wasted trip. Had it in. 4 times to get a car towing package put on it. The mechanic said he’s been doing this for over 30 years he knows what he’s doing. After 4 tries I told their people at the front desk that wanted my money back. They calmed me down and said they would try another brand of brake system. This one works thank the Lord. 3 windows and one out side speaker leaked,one window still leaks a little. It’s very noisy to drive down the road. Every thing shakes and rattles. Especially the stovetop,that will drive you nuts. And every time you get passed by a semi it push’s you over to the right about a foot. Other than that it’s a great rig. But I’ll tell you one thing,I’ll never buy anything from Camping World again there service is terrible and who ever makes Foresters their quality control sucks the big one. Don’t be fooled buy these guys all their out for is money nothing else. Make sure you test drive a thing before you buy it. Buyers beware in this RV business.
- Danny Gould, Florida

2019-05-23 2007 Winnebago View 23H View Listings

Bought both of these Winnebago Views 2007 23H and 2017 24J as mobile offices, 4 season rooms on wheels, and city folk campers. Love nature, but we're happy to keep it outside at night. Real campers have been very friendly and helpful to us anyway (except for Andrew Jackson...a small dog who isn't fond of Yankees and relieved himself on my wife's bicycle). We put almost 91,000 miles on the 2007 and we have a good start on the 2017. I've read several reviews complaining about owners having to maintain their rigs. I've had to replace electrical components that wear out but I budgeted for that because they are being hauled around in a truck (Sprinter). I've had very few repairs on either of the Mercedes Turbo Diesel engines. The interiors look pretty much the same as when I bought both Views. Seldom had kids in either and they were always well behaved. Only had a few well trained dogs (not Andrew Jackson) visit briefly. I don't expect to need another in my lifetime. If I found a winning lottery ticket, I might splurge on another View. The size is perfect for two people, two bicycles, two laptops, an electric guitar, a few vintage towels and table clothes, and a collapsible wagon full of beach paraphernalia, and an ample supply of reading material. I can't wait to pull into the next county, state, or national park, put the side out, open the windows, grab something cold from the fridge, and chill. I know that this kind of camping is not for everyone. I don't understand it exactly. But, I'm glad that different people like different things. It makes for much more interesting shared experiences.
- Rick Cavallaro, Ohio

2019-05-22 2014 Winnebago Navion 24J View Listings

We have loved owning this rv! We have had zero issues and many fun memories. It is easy to drive and maneuver. Winnebago is a superior quality compared to other models in my opinion. The class c seems to be gaining a lot of popularity and appeals to many younger families as well. You can’t beat this diesels gas mileage.
- Sandy Haslip, Minnesota

2019-05-21 2016 Thor Motor Coach Freedom Elite 29FE View Listings

We bought this new from the dealer. The 1st day we returned it with a list of over 10 items. In the 1st year we had replaced under warranty: water pump, DVD player, microwave, stove (2), and the mattress (2).They repaired both the cab and the RV air conditioner. Screw heads broke off. After visiting the dealer several times, we had to travel to Elkhart to have the manufacturer fix more things. All the so-called beds are uncomfortable. The cab is noisy. The TV can't be used when it is raining since the sound is poor. No storage for silverware other than the oven. The shower goes to the black tank instead of the gray tank. Overall poor design and extremely poor quality.
- Cindy Belt, Florida

2019-05-21 2015 Jayco Greyhawk 29MV View Listings

Not owning a rv.the first time week taken down to az for the winter.living in the rv for 3 months was very livable. Very easy to get around inside.driving not a problem in the mans a on the flats.rain snow handled very good.
- William, Colorado

2019-05-21 2017 Forest River Forester GTS 2801QS View Listings

This has been a very good RV. The only reason I didn’t give it 5 stars on driving is that it eats a lot of gas. But, they all do. The floor plan is very comfortable. The wife LOVES the kitchen. Is really best for 2 adults and 2 or 3 small kids for sleeping. The quality is as good as you get in this class. We had a few minor things needing fixing in the first year. Warranty covered everything. I would recommend this RV for a retired couple with small grandchildren or a young couple with small children. We tow our 18.5’ fishing boat with this RV without any problems launching or trailering. It is a great size for traveling. Plenty of room but still maneuverable.
- Gary , California

2019-05-20 2012 Forest River Sunseeker 2250S View Listings

Owned this RV for 4 years and used it mostly summers for extended trips cross country from SC to Oregon and back. We towed a 6'X 10' enclosed trailer once, a14'boat twice and a 1989 Suzuki side kick twice. We found the 24' Sunseeker had plenty of power for the hills and mountains and for keeping up with traffic on freeways. Using a combination of full hook up campgrounds, Passport America, Corps of Engineer, NFS and using Good Sam, AARP and Golden Age discounts we were able to camp in comfort at usually beautiful locations for an average of close to $15 a night. Everything worked, so it was nice to have AC, furnace, microwave, large refrigerator, hot water, shower, a queen size comfortable bed. The Onan 4.0 generator allowed us comfortable camping on trips to favorite Oregon lakes. We now live back in Oregon, blocks from a river and 15 miles from a Reservoir. We just haven't used the RV So have it up for sale. Just an amazing size for a couple or small family. Enjoy
- Richard George Baxter, South Carolina

2019-05-19 2018 Winnebago View 24V View Listings

The Winnebago View is one of the best RV made, I love it. To go RVing over to the ocean and park on the beach in the summertime and go south in the winter time. But after I lost my partner it is not so much fun. So that is why I am selling it. If you are looking for a good one this is it. Thanks John
- john, Oregon

2019-05-18 2017 Forest River Sunseeker TS 2500TS View Listings

This RV is fantastic for a family that is looking for strong power for towing, easy maneuvering in traffic and parking, easy to drive, loads of storage inside and out, all the upgrades like fiberglass roof, hydraulic levelers, GPS, Bluetooth and UPS charging everywhere, A/C with Heat-pump, 3 slides for room, High tech setup.
- Hasbrouck McCall, North Carolina

2019-05-18 2018 Heartland Prowler Lynx 25LX View Listings

I have camped all my life and Never have I had such issues, I will NEVER buy new again. I bought the camper in March and already have a roof leak by October in the bedroom. Took several months to repair. And now my toilet is leaking and I have no water in my new camper until it is fixed. Found out that the toilet has a leak and will rot the floor and I need to replace the whole toilet and repair the wet floor. No warranty or help from the manufacture. Absolutely Hate this company. Campers are cheaply made and no care on concern from the dealerships.
- Kristy Bitter, Ohio

2019-05-18 2017 Winnebago Fuse 23A View Listings

Bought used with 2784 kms. A delight to drive, good mileage, easy handling. Layout is good but wouldn't want more than 2 people. The push out has a queen size bed, very comfortable, but watch out for slivers from the wooden mattress base; maybe sand the edge. It has a wonderful washroom with a huge shower with a skylight, somewhat difficult to get into unless the push out and mattress are extended. The door frame had to be straightened by the dealership as the door did not fit. Rear vision monitor had to be replaced several times only to find that there was a small crack under the black shading; after a year we had an extended crack that was covered by our own insurance. Figures on dashboard, especially speed could be larger. Latches on drawers could be stronger as we have had to replace several of them. Closet for hanging clothes smallish, so we put a clothes rod in storage space under bedroom push out for cold weather jackets or rain gear. Shoe storage is a problem so we have a heavy material shoe holder hanging over the back of the dinette bench by the side entry door. It holds about 10 shoes- much better than tripping over them. The construction under the dinette bench seat is terrible-basically put together with staples that pull out when you put pressure on the back. It required brackets and extra screws to hold it in place. With the unit being low slung it might be wise to get lifters? installed. We have lost the two end caps off the rear bumper and will drive without them. Replacement is a complete UNPAINTED unit @ $1050 plus shipping and taxes. Yesterday we found out that the entry step will not work as a bracket under the unit is bent. Whether it was caused on a service ramp having an oil change, or? from railroad tracks higher than the road and the RV being low slung?? We have enjoyed the unit despite the problems and hope to get many more years of RV'ing out of it.
- Alan Cullum, Ontario