Class C Reviews on RV Insider (1,252)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Class C RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

julia shelton from Washington says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2017 Lance Lance 1475 View Listings

Purchased a 1475 new in May of 2016. Loved it-so cozy and comfortable for a tiny trailer. However, the roof has been leaking since day one and is now on it's 4th visit to the dealer for repair. There was also a recall on the frig which took a month to fix. The front window had to be replaced due to the self storing blind getting jammed up. The dealer is not sympathetic and doesn't seem to care at all. Since we live in Washington state, a leaking roof is a major concern. I called Lance directly and they agreed to replace the mattress. But they don't seem to care about my concerns about water damage that may be occurring in the ceiling, cabinetry or electrical. The fact is that we haven't been able to use it very much-it has been in the shop most of the time. But we are still making the payments. So disappointed-it was a dream of mine to own a camper of some sort and we heard Lance was "top of the line."
- julia shelton, Washington

2020-07-09 2019 Tiffin Wayfarer 25QW View Listings

We were hoping for a great adventure in our new Tiffin Wayfarer, but that was not to be. Here’s what went wrong in the first few weeks of owning it (everything really. Everything went wrong.): The check engine light came on. (First trip. New.) The AC quit working when the coach was going over 60mph (I wasn’t towing anything.) The ashtray/cup holder fell out of the dash. The window shades for the front windows broke. The magnets in the windows to connect the shades broke. Levers fell off the drivers seat. The bed above drivers side screws were placed incorrectly and poked through. The slide got stuck (on our second trip.) The cabinet locks were loose. A closet door fell off while we were driving. The towel bar fell off. The awning got stuck. The cabin speakers didn’t work The stereo didn’t work The sink leaked Various cabinet doors came off after screws shredded. With light use. All cushions frayed. Did I mention it was new? Dents in floor Hot water heater shuts off randomly. Tank sensors didn’t work Various electrical issues Broken bathroom door I’m sure I’m forgetting things. So many issues and we only owned it for two months. Also, we didn’t experience the great customer service other owners mention. Our dealership was happy to keep the coach all season and keep trying to fix it but things were breaking faster than they could superglue them back on. Initially our Tiffin sales rep was sympathetic but eventually just said that we should expect to deal with these issues as they are “part of ownership.” I guess we thought we were buying the kind of quality that would give me the confidence to venture out alone with my boys when my husband was unable to join us but we couldn’t get one trip in without major malfunctions. It was such a disaster that we’ve returned the coach to the dealership and accepted a huge financial hit. I wouldn’t have expected this level of complete vehicle failure in a ten year old used model. When we cleaned the unit for return the last and final cabinet door that hadn’t already fallen out, fell out, and the radio stopped working (again.) An RV tech my husband spoke to said the Wayfarer is a mess and Tiffin is trying to make up for it with great service. Wish we’d gotten the second part of that equation. We certainly got the first! When I was shopping I didn’t find any negative reviews so if you haven’t purchased yet, buyer beware. Not every experience is good.
- Jami Steenhoek, Colorado

2020-07-09 2008 Jayco Melbourne 29C View Listings

I have loved my Jayco Melbourne. It is strong, easy to drive and very comfortable. The bathroom is easy to clean and has plenty of storage. The storage is excellent throughout the RV. I highly recommend this motor home.
- Kara Ireland, Texas

2020-07-08 2012 Coachmen Leprechaun 319DS View Listings

Bought it in 2013 brand new. Have traveled entire US an d across Canada. The majority of our travel was in winter conditions. Grate RV, however,have a major lead in the bed over the driver which has rotted the support wood. I can not find the leak and had to remove the wood that supports base of the bed. Has anyone had a similar problem? Have not been able to contact coachmen of information and assistance. Any one have a good phone number for them?
- george rallios, North Carolina

2020-07-07 2020 Coachmen Leprechaun 319MB View Listings

I'd love to say, it's great...but,we purchased a 2020 Leprechaun I February, and never been able to use it. If we turn on both air conditioning units, we can't use the microwave or anything else without tripping the breaker! The hot water heater didn't work, so my husband (electrician) fixed it, along with other small things. The dealership told us that it was "normal" for the breaker to trip. I can't believe that as much as you pay for a new one, you can't live in it! We're supposed to pick it up from the dealership...still not fixed. Any advise??? Very disappointed, and everything else one could feel. They took our money and ran. We purchased every warranty they offered as well.
- Sandy, Missouri

2020-07-07 2021 Nexus RV Wraith View Listings

We have had our new coach only three weeks and what a disappointment it is It was in the shop the second week we had it, hot water heaters didn’t work, drawers opened up while driving, paint scratched on it , still not done with the repairs. No quality control for a brand new motorhome it should not have all these problems.
- Lynn frantz, Ohio

2020-07-07 2020 Thor Motor Coach Freedom Elite 30FE View Listings

4 trips and every one cut short for a Catastrophic failure. Spent more time being towed for repair than driven. Shower leak twice. Refrigerator coolant pipe burst. Wouldn’t start after stopping in NM leaving us stranded in the middle of nowhere. Worse of all it has a tendency to Stall on us when making a sharp turn.
- Tim, Texas

2020-07-06 2019 Entegra Coach Esteem 29V View Listings

Overall, we really like this coach. The dealership where we bought it has been Zero help getting things fixed. I found out the number for the warranty department for Jayco & they have been fantastic. They sent us to an independent shop in northern Indiana & another time to an independent shop in SW Florida. Both of these shops were excellent & both fixed the problems under warranty. The last time we were at the the dealership, they said, "we can't figure it out...you'll have to call Jayco, yourself". Really?? We have had nothing major, just a bunch of minor things like the side door leaking air, the backup camera aimed wrong, the jacks stopped working, slideout mis-alignment and some minor trim problems. The independent shops took care of all those problems. We LOVE the 2 year factory warranty & Jayco has been a pleasure to work with. We highly recommend this coach & we give 5 stars to the Jayco warranty department. Approx. 6000 miles so far.
- Greg Michael, Indiana

2020-07-06 2018 Coachmen Prism 2150CB View Listings

This was our first RV, and after almost two years, we would choose differently if we were to do it over again. As other reviewers have noted, the rig drives well, but we have had one problem after another with poor quality/workmanship. Our audio/camera unit was useless in sunlight. We had to replace it to be able to use the camera feature. Roof vents crumbled and blew off within the first year. The interior storage cabinets are solid wood, but the bathroom door is plywood with what looks like woodgrain shelf paper stuck on it. That started peeling off pretty much right away. Our house battery wouldn't hold a charge in spite of being carefully routinely recharged according to the dealer's instructions. We ended up spending $2500 on installing a solar panel on the roof and adding another house battery. The large drawer under the fridge flew open several times while we were driving, in spite of only having light plastic bowls stored in it. The drawer latch broke every time, and we finally gave up replacing it. We now travel with a baby gate bracing the drawer. Our bathroom suddenly had a strong urine smell in spite of careful cleaning of the toilet, floor and walls. Turns out that the Dometic 300 toilet is notorious for allowing urine to accumulate in the back of the toilet where you can't see it or reach it. That will need to be replaced. On our last trip we suddenly noticed a large crack in the shower surround in spite of the fact that no damage had been done to it. You can see that the plastic is paper thin, very poor quality. That will also need to be replaced. The rig may not qualify as a higher end RV, but for us the $90,000 that we spent on it with upgrades is a lot of money. We're surprised and disappointed.
- MVK, California

2020-07-05 2002 Winnebago Vista 21B View Listings

First off is Drivability, Front Wheel Drive VR6 makes this more like a 20' minivan to drive than a Class C rear-wheel drive. Gas milage 15- 18, 6' plus interior with all the amenities controlled inside. Huge screened windows and dual roof vents make for great ventilation and visibility. Storage outside accesses the entire width. Only made for a couple of years when big engine chassis took over. This is a very practical and functional Class C.
- Bob Johnson, Wisconsin

2020-07-05 2017 Thor Motor Coach Four Winds 31L View Listings

I love this RV. It has the Roadmaster Steering Stabilizer and upgraded front anti-sway bar installed and drives like a dream! It also has a Blue Ox tow bar system and tows my Jeep Grand Cherokee with no effort.
- Dennis, Massachusetts

2020-07-05 2018 Thor Motor Coach Freedom Elite 24FE View Listings

The sprinter chassis is great but the tge Thor coach is built like garbage. Examples. My niece put her 25lb back pack on the dining table and the table came off the wall. The AC was not cooling and ceiling was opened the ducts were not connected. The rear camera was not wired to the right connection so not working. Underneath many wires hanging down with many left over dead wires to what on a new vehicle?? Kitchen sink now leaking from inside the floor. Gasket between fllir and chassis not placed to work. Most hanging out. These people hate their jobs or Thor itself. Had 1 year warranty but took it in twice which took 7 months waiting off of it. Thor and Camping World are terrible
- Raymond Chladny, Florida

2020-07-05 2016 Winnebago Navion 24J View Listings

Motorhome is great. Easy to drive and handles like driving a SUV. Plenty of power even when towing. Floor plan takes advantage of every space. The only complaint is the bed is tucked in the corner and hard to make and needs to be a little larger. Excellent quality and fine fit and finish. The front cab is easy to use controls and everything You need is within a fingers touch. Excellent RV for distance travel and sightseeing across country. A pleasure to drive.
- James Tibbetts , Georgia

2020-07-04 2007 Jayco Seneca 35GS View Listings

Great experiences . Easy to learn how to drive and easy to learn and understand how all the tanks work. Only criticism is the stairs. It is difficult to get in and out but that is the same for all rv
- Peg, Florida

2020-07-03 2018 Forest River Forester LE 3251DS View Listings

***Pay attention to warranty/service reviews. They speak to the true nature of a company. Any retailer can put up a façade to make a sale.*** Purchased from Ron Hoover because of the Forest River name. Forest River is owned by Berkshire Hathaway. Warren Buffet would be ashamed to know how Ron Hoover handles their service and warranty department. After purchasing a BRAND NEW, albeit one year old RV off the lot; (2018 model purchased in 2019) and putting 1,500 miles on the odometer, we discovered major quality and workmanship issues and filed a claim. To name a few issues: -Leak in the roof over the cab bunk which resulted in rotted wood under the bunk. -Forward slide leaked around the weather seal rotting the floor in the dining room, living room, and kitchen) -Fresh Water tank leaked under the master bed causing black mold and requiring the frame be replaced. -Rear slide weather seal leaked and the bedroom floor needed to be replaced. (To name a few.... Did I mention this was a new RV?) We have now owned our RV for just under 1 year. It has spent 7 months with Ron Hoover's laughable warranty and service department with no light at the end of the tunnel. We have to call repeatedly for updates, no work has been completed to date, and the last we heard, "the parts we need weren't on the supply truck so we can't complete the work." 7 MONTHS!!! In the time our RV has been in for warranty work, the entire 2021 Forrest River has been built. Ron Hoover, an "authorized dealer and service center" doesn't have the ability to repair seals and floors in their own RVs. When we pressed for answers the Warranty Department stated, "Well, you did buy last years model." Let me get this straight; Ron Hoover has such little faith in their product, that if a Brand New RV sits on their lot for 1 year, they expect it to catastrophically fail when driven 1500 miles. If this sounds like your kind of RV and dealership, go right ahead. After several months of nothing happening, we made a trip up to try and speak with someone in person. Must have been our lucky day. We spoke with non other than Chris Hoover who said he would personally ensure the RV was repaired in a timely manner. He's either a typical smoke and mirrors sales person, or has zero control over the company he is CEO of; as two more months have gone by with zero effort made. If you are the type of person that wants to enjoy their RV and receive reasonable service when needed, AVOID RON HOOVER. On the other hand, if you enjoy stubbing your toes on corners, smashing your thumb while hammering nails, or brain freezes while eating ice cream, this may be the RV Dealer of your dreams. I don't normally write reviews, but this has to get out. If you are spending the money for a quality RV, you can do so much better than a Forest River by Ron Hoover.
- Hunter Ryan, Texas

2020-06-29 2014 Itasca Cambria 27RK View Listings

I have had another class c with the overhead cab. I like the Cambria so much more. The aerodynamics are so much better when driving. There is a group of Cambria owners that meet up and we spoke with them and they were very happy with the Winnebagos same as the Itascas.
- Larry Moore, South Carolina

2020-06-28 2018 Thor Motor Coach Quantum LF31 View Listings

Over all build quality is awful, construction materials poor and support inadequate. I have decided to upgrade materials as I effect repairs myself. I suggest that getting the seven year warranty ( we purchased this ) is not worth it, we never received the details until after our purchase and were shocked at what little it covers.
- Brian Hunter, Texas

2020-06-28 2019 Entegra Coach Qwest 24A View Listings

I love the ride and quality of my Entegra coach! Tons of included features like Full body paint, porcelain toilet, and lots more! Quality and an elegant feel. 15,000 btu keeps me cool even on the hottest days and nights.
- Leo , North Carolina

2020-06-27 2010 Fleetwood Icon 24S View Listings

We've had the Fleetwood Icon 24s for 4 years. What a fun and easy to drive this RV has been. Our MPG over 20,000 miles: Highway 17 . The unbelievably large slideout makes this interior. Only reason for selling is we want a larger A Class RV. We will miss the size, maneuverability and power of this RV. Someday we will probably want the same RV back.
- sckapp, Ohio

2020-06-25 2017 Dynamax Isata 3 24CB View Listings

I have a late 2017 with some 2018 features. The price/quality is a good value. The full body paint is best in the industry. I have had no problems since I purchased new. The Mercedes 3.0 diesel is so much better than the V10, which I previously owned.
- Dennis Kula, Michigan

2020-06-23 2016 Jayco Redhawk 29XK View Listings

My husband and I purchased this model for a trip across country. We wanted something with room for us, as we were in it for over a month. It worked out great! It cools in the heat and warms in the cold. We cooked quite a bit, and the storage is amazing. It truly enhanced our trip, and has been a blast ever since.
- Mary Price, New York

2020-06-23 2015 Thor Motor Coach Siesta Sprinter 24SR View Listings

Second review now that we have used more. Everything is working great and construction is very good. Factory help is 100%. Wanted to do a few thinks to fit our needs. They were very helpful. Have no idea why people complain so much on factory help but I guess you can't make everyone happy.
- Robert Rapp , California

2020-06-22 2007 Itasca Cambria 29H View Listings

I take full responsibility for buying this rig. The photos looked great, I saw some others in person, not this floor plan. First of all, the bedroom. I thought the bed slid in and out - it doesn't. The headboard slides in and out.So when the bed slide is out, you still have almost no room to move around. 2nd - the lack of insulation. No insulation in the cap, you can open bottom drawers in the bedroom and see the ground. The big storage bin in the front passenger side has zero insulation and is open under the sofa so you are talking about some really cold drafts in the winter. Hardly any storage room in the "kitchen". Hardly any storage room outside too. There are bins but they are all to small for anything you would want to take with you. And there is NO PLACE TO PUT THE SEWER HOSE! I have to put it in a couple of plastic bags and stuff it in one of the little bins. And no bumper to put a sewer hose carrier on either. I will never understand putting carpet in an RV. Vinyl in the kitchen/bedroom/bath but carpet not only in the living room but in the COCKPIT! I am spending money revamping it because it does drive great and I really don't want to have to deal with anything larger but it is NOT a good floor plan and should have more storage INSIDE AND OUTSIDE. I turned the dinette into a daybed, removed the sofa and put in a desk to open up the living area a few feet. It made a big difference. Now if I didn't have to wrestle with the mattress and the big foam things to put to make the mattress complete, it might be ok.
- Beverley Hughes, North Carolina

2020-06-21 2017 Winnebago View 24G View Listings

This RV has been fantastic! I took it from Florida to Alaska the first year an what a trip. About 4 months on the road without any trouble. Visited places from Northern .ca. to Niagra falls, N.Y.. Average fuel mileage was over 17mpg for the 20k trip. Never towed anything with the RV because it is so easily manuerable and can set up and tear down in minutes. Perfect for me and my Scottie dog. Easily sleeps 4 and can accommodate 6 using the fold down dinette table. Excellent RV for 2 to 4 people.
- Steve, Florida

2020-06-20 2011 Four Winds Chateau 31R View Listings

Hi,we are selling our 2011 four winds class c motor home that we have enjoyed 2 years now. It has great storage in the rear and am including some photos of our kayaks and equipment in it, fantastic storage. It has 1 large slide with the couch and dining table and seats. It has the Ford v-10 engine with 58,000 miles. New Michelin tires. It has the slide topper and a 14'on the entry door side. 32" TV's in the living room and bedroom. It is low to the ground making entry and exit easy for kids and older folks. It has a king cabover bed and queen island bed in the rear. Also child beds at the sofa and table.
- Larry Born, Tennessee