Class C Reviews on RV Insider (1,181)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Class C RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

julia shelton from Washington says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2017 Lance Lance 1475 View Listings

Purchased a 1475 new in May of 2016. Loved it-so cozy and comfortable for a tiny trailer. However, the roof has been leaking since day one and is now on it's 4th visit to the dealer for repair. There was also a recall on the frig which took a month to fix. The front window had to be replaced due to the self storing blind getting jammed up. The dealer is not sympathetic and doesn't seem to care at all. Since we live in Washington state, a leaking roof is a major concern. I called Lance directly and they agreed to replace the mattress. But they don't seem to care about my concerns about water damage that may be occurring in the ceiling, cabinetry or electrical. The fact is that we haven't been able to use it very much-it has been in the shop most of the time. But we are still making the payments. So disappointed-it was a dream of mine to own a camper of some sort and we heard Lance was "top of the line."
- julia shelton, Washington

2020-04-07 2007 Winnebago Outlook 29B View Listings

2007 Winnebago Outlook Model 29b, 31h. GVWR=14050 fully loaded max. This 2007 Winnebago Outlook has 40,000 miles. This unit has 6 two year rated rv rated tires purchased june 2017 . Two slide outs, kitchen and bedroom queen size bed. Unit is 29 feet 10 inches long. RV has a BluOx towing system. You will need to install your own towing package on to your pulling vehicle. Driving stability is made easy with a Ford E450 chassis that has 10cly, 6.8L VIDEF1 Triton Engine. Air springs and touch control in cab for air pounds for both sides. Interior upgrade package, cab seats ultra leather, entrance step-elec. Graphic/pain-metallic gold, shower door, sliding glass coach-dual pane windows, mirrors-exterior, AC/ heat pump-, inverter –dc/ac, 300 watt, Gen-4.okw-onan gas-micro-quite, power roof vent-power ventilator, Skylight over the shower. Electric Awning for patio, Awning for each side-out. Awnings over slide outs. WTR Wtr-6gal,110/LP/mtr auto, 55gal fuel tank. Can Carry 38gal of Fresh water. Exterior shower station, rear-view monitor system. 14 gal propane, Enjoy the interior sound system complete with Sirius Satellite radio and new Sony tritron 27’’ color in the entertainment center. TV antenna W/booster. Satellite system-in motion (winegard G2 mounted).
- Rod Cochran, California

2020-04-07 2018 Thor Motor Coach Compass 23TB View Listings

Bought this unit brand new. Could fill a page with all that has gone wrong or just did not work. It is so sad that the quality of work is so poor. I really cannot believe there is any quality control on there units. Parts used, such as bathroom sink, tv switch control, bed slates, etc are just the cheapest money can buy. My unit had spent way too much time in the shop during the first year. Look elsewhere
- Carl Smith, Arkansas

2020-04-04 2014 Gulf Stream Vista Cruiser 19RBS View Listings

I really like this RV with the walk around bed. Pleanty interior lighting, radio with speakers inside and out. Big bathroom with a great vanity, and medicine cabinet. Lots of storage throughout the rv including pass through storage outside.
- Kathy Merriman , Florida

2020-03-28 2019 Dynamax Isata 5 30FW View Listings

This RV is fun to drive. It handles like a big car and is very comfortable to drive. It is not so big that it is hard to park (it almost parks itself)but is big enough to feel like you are at home. The build quality is second to none and the paint is a thing of beauty.
- Rob, Florida

2020-03-26 2018 Thor Motor Coach Quantum 31WS View Listings

We have had trouble with the electrical system on this unit since we bought it. It has been in the shop more than it has been out camping. Every time we take it out, it has some other issue pop up. We are the second owner. The first owner only kept it long enough to drive it from Texas to Tennessee. That should have been our first warning not to buy it. But the coach is the perfect size for two people and the appearance of it, both inside and out, is spectacular! We should have had the remainder of the factory warranty as the coach was less than a year old but a Thor service rep told us the warranty was only for the original purchaser. After the one year warranty had expired, I called Thor again to check on recalls for electrical issues. She told me that we were entitled to the remainder of the factory warranty but since it had expired there was nothing they could do to help us. We have replaced house batteries twice and need to replace them again before we can take it out this year. We have replaced the regulator, the inverter, the Main on/off switch, fuses—-basically anything that had anything to do with the electrical system. And it is still draining the batteries, won’t charge them when we run the motor and/or generator. I would not recommend a Thor motor home to anyone!
- Helen Haas, Tennessee

2020-03-24 2018 Coachmen Leprechaun 260DS View Listings

We have over 17000 miles and have seen a lot of beautiful sites. RV is easy to drive and tows our jeep with little effort. We have a full size 4 door ref. plus recliners and upgraded cabinets. The bedroom layout makes it difficult when making bed. You cannot use microwave or oven without extending slide. The air ride leaks down every few weeks. The awning design allows water inside and will mold if not opened often to dry. I do a complete service before each trip and check tire pressure often. Over-all we are happy with coach and would recommend.
- Gary, Florida

2020-03-22 2004 Kibbi Renegade Classic View Listings

I bought my Renegade in March of 2003. Since then me and my family have put 80000k miles on it and every mile has been great. I've never been in an RV built so well and one that is so safe. Back in 2012, I had a tire blowout and it nearly sent us into the highway barrier and had we crashed, I truly believe we would have walked away. Having all that metal in front of you makes you feel safe and I am so glad I didn't get a class A. After 17 years of RVing, I've seen many RV accidents and even in a minor accident, they rip apart. I knew a guy with a Renegade just like mine and he had been caught in a major windstorm tipping his rig over on its side. He had it flipped over, and drove it home. That's what I love about Renegades, they are so safe and so durable. They're built to last a million miles. Sure it doesn't have the extra 10 feet of space inside like a diesel pusher, but it's the safest, most durable, and let's not forget the coolest looking RV on the road. If I ever get a new RV, it will definitely be a Renegade. In my opinion, Renegade is the best manufacturer in the RV industry. No manufacture matches the quality and safety of a Renegade.
- Jack, Colorado

2020-03-21 2016 Forest River Sunseeker 2650CDWS View Listings

This motorhome has an excellent and spacious layout, even when the slide is closed it is completely liveable and comfortable with loads of space. Highly recommended for long stays or for families to enjoy. The length allows you to go anywhere!
- Bridgette Lens, British Columbia

2020-03-20 2015 Thor Motor Coach Siesta Sprinter 24SR View Listings

Purchased our 2015 in 2019. Construction appears to be very good and have had only 1 problem. Batteries would not hold charge. Then realize they were 6 years old. Sold our travel trailor wife did not want to drive it. She loves this Thor Siesta 24sr. Drives and handles like a car.
- Robert Rapp , California

2020-03-19 2016 Thor Motor Coach Chateau Citation 24SR View Listings

WE LOVE THE MERCEDES CHASSIS BUT THE THOR IS VERY POOR QUALITY. THE FIRST DAY WE HAD IT THE STEP WOULD NOT OPERATE, THEY REPLACED IT BUT STILL DOES NOT OPERATE PROPERLY. THE COUCH DRAWER WILL NOT STAY CLOSED. THE SLID E OUTS CAME APART EXTERIOR. MY HUSBAND HAD TO REBUILD. IT HAD A LEAK UNDER THE KITCHEN SINK BECAUSE THE FITTINGS WERE NOT TIGHT. HAD TO REPLACE ALL THE LATCHES ON THE DRAWER BECAUSE THEY BROKE. THE BATHROOM SINK IS RUSTING. THE BIG PROBLEM IS THE SEATS AND COUCH ARE PEALING AND THE FACTORY KNOWS THEY HAVE A PROBLEM BUT WILL NOT HELP. I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER THOR. CUSTOMER SERVICE THEY DO NOT HAVE. BY THE WAY THIS COACH IS GARAGE KEEP AND HAS ONLY 3900 MILES. IT HAD 1500 WHEN WE BOUGHT IT NEW.
- FREDA PENNINGTON, Florida

2020-03-18 2002 Winnebago Minnie Winnie 30V View Listings

My husband and I traveled all around the U.S. in this RV for 9 years and loved every trip we took in it. It was extremely comfortable and many times I would say to myself, “I could live in this”! It has tons of storage space and for 2 people it is the perfect size. You don’t have to worry about not being able to find sites in some of the smaller (and nicer I might add) parks like the larger class A’s do many times and my husband found it extremely easy to drive and park. We towed a Kia Soul which was a perfect “toad” with no trouble. All in all we love this RV and compared to other makes of campers we looked at and friends have had we found that our Winnebago is one of the highest quality made RV’s out there. It still has many miles left in her but my husband and I have completed our bucket list of places we wanted to visit and have lost our traveling companions due to health issues. If you are looking for a dependable used RV with low miles that has been taken good care of, you can’t go wrong with our Minnie Winnie. But we will really miss her!
- Nancy, Tennessee

2020-03-18 2018 Tiffin Wayfarer 24TW View Listings

Fun, agile, and full of quality! The service from Tiffin and Mercedes has been unmatched. We have driven this vehicle from the Atlantic Ocean in SC to the Pacific Ocean in California. we have driven it in the Gas Light District in San Diego as well as historic New England. It drives like a dream and is so easy to use.
- juanita, South Carolina

2020-03-17 2017 Jayco Redhawk 26X1 View Listings

The Jayco came with a 2 year warranty. only had a couple small problems that the dealer handled. The 28 foot length with a 360 HP Chevy engine made for a nimble quick RV. Could go any where. Even with the main slid out in there was good amount of space to live. With the slides out lost of room to live comfortably.Easy camp site set up and take down. Did a 7500 mile 38 day trip east along RT66 and then north to redwood forest and then back east checking out lots of national parks. Was easy living for the two of us. Gas mileage was 10 per gal. Handled great on mountainous curvy back roads , interstates and flat desert back roads.Plenty of power for the big hills. Will sleep 7 if needed with seat belts for 8. Highly recommend this size Motor home for 2 to 4 people.
- Stan Cass, Pennsylvania

2020-03-15 2017 Thor Motor Coach Chateau 26B View Listings

The 26B is a good size it’s not too large but it’s small enough to fit into our driveway. We have had six people sleeping in this unit without any problem. I really like the 18 foot awning, And it has LED lighting for nighttime barbecues. The outside TV makes it convenient to watch the morning news while I cook bacon and eggs. At night we can watch television in the evening from our queen size bed. Overall I think the 26B was a real winner for Thor motorcoach.
- Del Averdick , Florida

2020-03-13 2019 Coachmen Concord 300DS View Listings

Bought from RV Dealer in Albuquerque and problems on trip back to Texas included an entry door that would not close/seal properly. Door flew open on trip home. Has been sitting in a Forest River authorized repair facility since home (Oct 2019). Despite repeated calls to Forest River National Warranty rep who has said we would "be taken care of" the local shop has never been able to contact him by phone or receive approvals for repairs despite repeated messages left over last 4-5 months. Not did he ever contact them to explain how the closet hangers could be secured to something besides a thin plywood shelf bottom. They said the service assistance from this division of Forest River Warranty is the worst experience they have ever had. It is certainly the worst warranty or RV experience we have ever had in 45 years of RV ownership. Just as our friends were interested in buying the same new unit we had to put the brakes on their temptations lest they suffer non-existent warranty support. We pray repairs will occur and we can use our new unit at some point in 2020. Repeated phone calls and messages to their warranty management folks continue to go unanswered.
- Rodney Thomson, Texas

2020-03-13 2018 Thor Motor Coach Compass 23TK View Listings

the concept is great, and my wife loves the floor plan. as for the "workmanship and quality control", they don't exist, the wiring under the unit was a mess,some of it wasn't hooked up,and some was to the wrong place. The mud flap was tied up with a plastic zip tie which was also holding up tail pipe for the generator, when the pipe got hot everything fell to the ground. the gray tank for the shower had the cut out piece at the top of tank fall in tank and ended up restricting the gate valve emptying the tank. the vent for the plumbing was restricted from working because some filings and putty were dropped in from the top making it impossible for the sinks to drain when both were full. the 7 way plug used when pulling a trailer was dangling by a wire, as was the propane hookup for a grill blowing in the wind, these are just a few the things I have addressed, dining room table great idea but total junk I completely overhauled it. I understand it is like an earth quake on the road things shake loose, I've had a number rvs', but I don't think I have ever seen kind of workmanship. I'm extremely disappointed. As far as the FORD TRANSIT goes, the motor is great power and mileage are super,however we are having lots of trouble with the exaust filter, we have been to 3 big FORD dealer ships, one of them we went to, made the comment this is the first one I've seen in an RV you are not supposed to let them idle with a "CHUCKLE". It is a lot of money to spend on something new for a good time, of 11000 miles in a year 3000 were a good time, we are seriously thinking about trading it in, talk about a waste of money!!!! Don't buy anything RV wise that has THOR on it, there is way too many of us having the same problems.
- Tom Jackson, Wyoming

2020-03-11 2020 Forest River Forester 3011DS View Listings

We purchased the motor home new.2020 3011DS Forester.The paint scheme is awesome not cheap stickers and outside storage is more than any other rv we’ve had so much that we won’t be using all of it and that’s saying a lot for us. PRO’S: The inside also is loaded with storage with all the bells and whistles but still simple with a big open floor plan even with the slides in. Bathroom And shower are so so average for a class c. Kitchen counter is huge with lots of prep area and space for small appliances with a big double sink and flex faucet. No Carpet anywhere 👍. Plenty of LED lighting. V-10 engine has tons of power. Run Royal Purple synthetic oil for trouble free miles!! CONS: exterior gutters in front pour water right over the doors when it’s raining. You get soaked getting in and out and the interior of the doors get soaked also bad design! The poop pipe and city water are right together compact design and easy to get to I just don’t like it. Water filter is located on the other side in the back of a cabinet along with the pump,drain valve and winterize stuff again compact design but alittle hard to access. The inside shower is very small like all c’s. All of the new technology is awesome but time consuming to get set up. All in all it’s a great RV best we’ve ever had. The bilstein suspension is a must it drives like a car. This motorhome is leaps and bounds better than the 2018 Thor class C that was broken down more than it ran with every issue inside and out you could imagine beware!
- Barry Claud , Tennessee

2020-03-11 2007 Itasca Navion 23J View Listings

I have owned this RV for over 2 years. I bought it, never having been in an RV before. I quickly learnt from friends and then went on to driving it to 32 states. It is self contained with all the comforts of home. I selected this floor plan because of the bed at back and not having to make it up each day.It works well. I love the slideout which gives you that extra comfort when parked. It drives great and goes that extra mile being economical because of it being diesel.I also had the benefit of knowing that the engine will keep going for many miles in the future. The kitchen, refrigerator configuration also works well. Enough storage throughout to take your wants and needs. The size/length of it works well for parking in most areas too. I highly recommend this RV. I have had a lot of pleasure travelling in it. A Mini house on wheels!! Happy Camping..
- Kelly, Florida

2020-03-10 2010 Coachmen Freelander 21QB View Listings

Its drives really nice. The captain chairs are very comfortable. Its like driving a pick up truck. I loved this camper because it was so easy to go anywhere. Its small but fully self contained. With over 300 horsepower it has no problem moving right along. Just a great motorhome. The ad for the motorhome says the rest. I always kept up on all maintenance. The only reason I am selling it is because we are now retired and moving on to other things now. I saw a lot of great places in the 10 years I have owned it.
- Michael Wilson, South Carolina

2020-03-10 2008 Coachmen Freedom Express FX26SO View Listings

This is the best RV I have ever owned. Drives great. It is easy for me (a female) to drive and set up. So easy. I love the privacy of the bedroom in the back. I love all the extras it has. I love everything about it really. Nothing negative to report at all.
- aliciashephard1@gmail.com, Kentucky

2020-03-09 2017 Dynamax Isata 5 36DSD View Listings

This Motorhome has the room and the power to get the job done from the RAM 5500 6.7L Cummins Turbo Charged engine. The smoothness of the ride is unbelievable in a Motorhome. This Motorhome is more home like than anything we have owned. The bedroom has a king size bed, the shower is more than adequate and the kitchen has plenty of countertops and cabinets. With 2 slide outs you have room enough to have you own space when camping. The home sized refrigerator will hold all you would ever need to carry at one time. Outside there is plenty of storage. We continuously get between 9 and 10 mile to the gallon wearing a heavy shoe at time and towing up to 10000 lbs is a big bonus. The quality has been good with just minor repairs to the obvious things you see in a new motorhome. We are very happy with this unit.
- Stephen A. Rentz, Texas

2020-03-07 2016 Dynamax DX3 37BH View Listings

My wife and I have been RVing for years. We are now registered as seniors. The joys of travel we have loved immensely by crisscrossing the US. many times from Western NY to the desert of Southeast Ca. This RV has been our home on the road for ~ six months of the year. Summers "GUS" sits by Keuka lake in NY while we entertain friends and family. The RV has had some problems along the way but we have taken care of each as soon as encountered.I would say this RV in very good condition and ready to go anywhere. It drives great and has very good road manners. Tom
- tom edelman, New York

2020-03-07 2019 Coachmen Freelander 27QBC View Listings

The outside: Our 27 QB was delivered to us from Indiana from Total Value RV. This was our third Motor home in 10 years. It has been 1 1/2 years of repairs to make it right. Well as others said the windows are noisy and will not stay shut. These are the two large ones, Coachmen sent replacements and they leaked!! They sent another batch of replacements, different with dual locks on them but they do not leak and are quiet. The tail light are on their third set because they always leak or fail because of water damage that gets inside of them. The front cab over running lights on their second set. I’m sorry I live in a place where it rains a lot!! The door latch had to be shimmed so you could close the door without slamming it. Also it needed some pretty good bending to make the bottom of the door stop rubbing. The bumper was put on crooked and had to be really adjusted. The decals in several places had to be pocked with a pin to remove air bubbles. The 20’ awning is getting stuck all the time and has to be pulled and pushed on to stay reasonable straight. And if you get in any wind past 5mph put it in cause it will get out of alignment!! The Inside: Saw dust everywhere had to clean everything especially under cushions!! Screws and staples left around on the floor and under things!! The water heater leaked, and failed!! This turned into a big thing with leaky hoses and a bad control board. Along with the constant rattle noise that I finally found that it was not mounted properly. The bathroom smelled like pee all the time and guess what the toilet was leaking where the top and bottom go together!! Cabinets not aligned up well, along with the end pieces on the dinette that were put on with more than one inch difference. The finish cover tape on walls where the panels come together put on uneven. Staples are coming out all over the cabinets and need to be carefully pushed in all the time!! They are the same color as the wood so I guess that made it OK to them. The Serta mattress upgrade is a joke and goes flat all the time, but it is slightly better than a stock one. Power plugs that like to fall out, and the best thing a big ¼” slot on the bottom of the fuse box, hole cut to big that’s OK pass it along!! And the fuse box door keep falling open all the time, had to put Velcro in to solve that, now you pull the edge to get it open but it works. Window blinds and coverings put on badly and not straight. The repairs go on and probably will never stop we always find something every time we go out. Who paid for all of this: Well after calls and email over the course from when it was delivered to now they did pay for the repairs. And sent all the parts, not an easy task to get your money back from Coachmen but they do eventually send you your repair cost. So the moral of the story do not buy a new Coachmen Motor home, get used something that somebody has had all the factory problems fixed. Why do I say buy Coachmen well we have a lot of experience and well better than most other brands. We just went to a large RV dealer and looked at many brands and types and were surprised that Coachmen was on top in the garbage can, I mean really surprised.
- Tom , Oregon

2020-03-07 2019 Thor Motor Coach Four Winds 28Z View Listings

We purchased the Class C RV used from a dealer who gets them from a company that rents them out. We wish we had shopped around more. We had a nicer trailer, but wanted a Class C so we can take it when we go Jeeping. The quality of this RV is mediocre and limited inside storage. The passenger seat would be fine for someone under 5' tall and cannot be reclined or moved back. The shower is about 18" above the floor and the toilet is on a pedestal. The shower door does not have any sort of latch and does not close properly, so water sprays all over the bathroom floor. The bedroom is small and we have to slide the mattress off the bed to reach the top to replace bedding. There is a large window above the bed, which is bright and can be chilly. We will be replacing this soon.
- Pento, California