Class C Reviews on RV Insider (1,444)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Class C RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

julia shelton from Washington says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2017 Lance Lance 1475 View Listings

Purchased a 1475 new in May of 2016. Loved it-so cozy and comfortable for a tiny trailer. However, the roof has been leaking since day one and is now on it's 4th visit to the dealer for repair. There was also a recall on the frig which took a month to fix. The front window had to be replaced due to the self storing blind getting jammed up. The dealer is not sympathetic and doesn't seem to care at all. Since we live in Washington state, a leaking roof is a major concern. I called Lance directly and they agreed to replace the mattress. But they don't seem to care about my concerns about water damage that may be occurring in the ceiling, cabinetry or electrical. The fact is that we haven't been able to use it very much-it has been in the shop most of the time. But we are still making the payments. So disappointed-it was a dream of mine to own a camper of some sort and we heard Lance was "top of the line."
- julia shelton, Washington

2020-11-30 2019 Jayco Greyhawk 29MV View Listings

This is a very well laid out motorhome. After some suggested options added, it drives very well also. Wife and I travelled 5800 miles for 5 weeks August and September. Could not go to many State and Federal campgrounds as they were closed because of covid. We have decided we like travelling enough we will do the opposite of most and get a bigger motorhome. We do travel with another couple and/or grandkids regularly.
- William McKinley, Missouri

2020-11-30 2020 Entegra Coach Esteem 29V View Listings

We purchased the new 2021 Godzilla V8 equipped unit from General RV in Jacksonville,FL. This engine is absolutely fantastic. The sale was seemless, and we are happy with the result. Although they pushed heavily on tire and extended warranties, all were declined except for Coaches which appeared to satisfy the on road needs. Had our first outing and everything was great. Read other posts on the door issue, and mine did rattle badly, but we fixed it easily. Apply automotive sticky back seals on both areas where the door closes, AND more importantly, adjust the doo catch further inwards. Had to dremmel extra space to allow the striker to move further in. Now there is NO wind noise, and No rattles. Sorted. Other than this, the coach has been perfect. We did upgrade the front sway bar and steering damper using Roadmaster products and that fixed the already decent ride to a much higher quality ride. Highly recommend this as your first upgrade. Planning on changing the steel wheels for Alcoa, but having issues finding valve stems that accept the Ford TPMS sensors. Alcoa uses a small diameter stem at 0.385in or 9.7mm while the rest of the world uses 0.452 diameter valve stems. WHY????? in conclusion, our experience with this bus has been great. As with any hand built product, especially one that has as many parts as this, you should expect a few teething issues. Best to start with low expectations and work up from there as opposed to expecting the same experience when buying a new car. Overall, we are extremely pleased with what we got for the money. We feel it will do the job perfectly even if we need to fiddle and fix a few things down the road..currently its fine. Great bus, highly recommended.
- Mark Jordan, Louisiana

2020-11-29 2021 Jayco Redhawk 26XD View Listings

Love the floor plan. Slides make it roomy, very roomy, I’m 6’4 260 lbs and find it to be very accommodating. Fords V8 has plenty of power, trans is smooth. A number of “quality” issues arose on our first two camp nights, which were on our way home from the purchase. It was 30 degrees out at night, so we got to test the heater and cold weather operation. Let me say I have had and worked on other RV’s so I am familiar with their systems and construction. The bathroom had no heat, literally zero flow from the vent. I took the drawers out of the wardrobe, and found the bathroom heat duct literally cut in half (it’s a foil duct, like your dryer has). I made room for the duct by trimming away some of the wood on the inside (unseen) are of the wardrobe, and repaired the duct with a paper towel tube wrapped once in aluminum tape (trust me, it works). So now there is heat and good flow at the bathroom vent. If you use this RV in winter, do yourself a favor and buy a 25 dollar electric dehumidifier for it. We had 5 sleeping in it and the condensation was crazy! The daytime sun cleared it up, but I ordered a dehumidifier after the first night. The hood over the stove was cocked and off by about an inch and 1/2. I pulled the hood, and found the vent needed a “better job” of sealing at the hood to the outside, so I used more aluminum tape to fix the vent seal, then re-installed the hood itself, making sure it was level. It looks and works great now. The LP heater rattled like crazy, I pulled the vent cover to access it, and found the grommet not installed where the line went into the unit. It was there, just not installed. I also found the wires in this area not tied up/ supported, so I did that too. Rattles stopped! Under neath, the battery and step wires right near the power step, under the chassis, were not supported and were in fact hanging down so low I’m suprised they didn’t scrape the road. But they hadn’t, so I used some heavy duty zip straps and secured them above the bottom edge of the frame rail. Crisis averted! Then, also under the chassis, the black tank sensor wires were hanging loosely under the strap beneath the tank, so I installed wire looms to prevent chafing through the insulation, and zipp strapped them securely as well. Another crisis diverted! On the table/ bench area, the bench closest to the front has electrical installed inside it. The screws that were used to mount the junction box to the bench had screws that were way too long, and were poking the material outward. How this didn’t rip through the fabric is beyond me, and I consider this a lucky break that I caught it. I removed the screws and replaced them with appropriate shorter ones. After these fixes, I’m ready for another trip! I will say the heater works great, the faucets all work great, the shower probably needs to be caulked at the top to keep water from duetting behind the insert wall. At 6’4, the skylight in the shower is actually there for headroom. I’m talking I could not use the shower if this skylight was not there. But it is, and it works! The bunk ladder has two hooks that put it directly in the center of the rig, making it impossible to get in the cockpit for ANYTHING. So I purchased a replacement hook on line, and mounted it so the ladder can now be used at center, or behind the drivers seat. This solution is so cool I can’t believe it’s not standard. The exterior speakers are super loud, I was surprised they are of good quality. However, the switch was not wired securely, I had intermittent cutting out of the speakers. I pulled the interior/exterior speaker switch, crimped the wires and connectors more securely, and guess what? Crisis averted! I could not imagine needing to take this thing to the dealer for all these fixes, I have heard horror stories of the time and frustrations for dealer support/ repairs. I did my own in a day, after my test camping trip. If you buy one of these, I highly recommend you have basic tools and skills, don’t rely on the dealer to fix the “house”. One last thing, the cushions at the table actually slip off when driving, due to no Velcro on them. Buy a roll of Velcro, glue AND STAPLE the Velcro to the wooden portion of the bench, the secure portions, NOT the removable cargo bin covers. The cushions themselves have fuzzy material on the back side that grips just great to the Velcro. Another crisis averted. I sincerely hope these tips help new owners! Thanks! If I have any other issues to report, I’ll write another review.
- Troy, Wisconsin

2020-11-28 2006 Winnebago Outlook 29MB View Listings

This is a great RV for those seeking the comfort of extra room....given as a result of two very well done slide - outs. Sitting on a Ford E-450 Chassis with that great Ford V10 gives it all the power you need.
- robertgrawet, Washington

2020-11-28 2019 NeXus RV Wraith 32W View Listings

Bought new, less than 10,000 miles. Several issues within months requiring repair. Microwave hanging by 1 screw, cooktop cabinet separated from wall. Countertop skins/laminate if you want to call it that already pealing off and the stick on backsplash continues to loosen from wall. Oh but thats considered normal wear! Leveling jack motor had to be replaced due to it activating while in motion. Suspension or lack of will rattle your teeth loose. Only good thing is I can drive!
- Jo-Ella Mullins, Texas

2020-11-28 2018 Coachmen Freelander 31BH View Listings

Excellent condition. This rig is special. Made with AZDEL products. Has a GIRARD 2.0 tankless hit water system. No more fast showers. Hot water for the entire family. 3 televisions. Upgraded mattress. Ford V 10 450 chassis. LOW MILEAGE 19394. Upgraded mattress. No pets or smoking ever in this rig. She just had the engine oil changed, the generator oil changed, brakes and tires inspected, slides serviced. In perfect condition for its new owner. Perfect for full time living or traveling across the country. Perfect condition ready to go. She is a gem.
- Shannon Strickland, Arizona

2020-11-27 2021 Dynamax Force 34KD View Listings

So I will start this is a huge jump from our previous motor home a 2014 Fleetwood Storm which is absolute 100% junk. The Dynamax freightliner chassis is awesome plenty of power, drives nice its quiet and doesn't rattle and shake its solid. I actually enjoy driving it. So when we did our walk through we had a few items we caught needed attention bed slide was crooked a tear in the rubber step a missing knob asked to have these fixed and please go through and check all the systems so when we picked up the motorhome on Thursday these items were fixed we were trying things out and waterheater and stove lights were not working they pulled back to shop and were back quickly saying it was a loose wire. So off we went 80 mile drive to storage. Saturday we went and brought it home to load it I was putting slides out and while doing the bedroom popout it started making noises of self destruction ended up pushing slide in and packing up to take back 80 miles to the dealer dropped it off on Sunday I will say they jumped on it and had it repaired by Wednesday so we could still do our trip. The slide uses a cable system and it had pulled loose from the body because they put everything together on RVs with drill point screws not bolts anyway fixed for now. Arrived at daughters home popped out and set up we noticed one of out shades didn't work would not stay down the lower track to the barn door was not attached at all and water heater seemed erratic. We noticed when we turned off the aisle lighting the water heater and the stove went off as well pulled out my voltmeter and pulled all the drawers and started going through wires i located a pair of wires with constant 12 volts with nothing connected to them moved the wires from water heater and stove and now working correctly.I am happy all the wires use Wago fasteners so moving and testing are easy I am disappointed that a $230000.00 motorhome appears to have had absolutely zero quality control or follow through on basic checks. A friend of mine who is an RV repair tech had said they had started calling these covid coaches as the lack of quality control and craftsmanship is particularly bad due to the covid virus this appears to be true and I will continue this review as we encounter and go through issues with our motorhome.
- Craig Price, California

2020-11-25 2020 Thor Motor Coach Quantum LF31 View Listings

This is our first RV. We have 2 little kids (2-year-old and 8-month-old) and the layout with bunks is perfect for our little family. We have a few complaints but overall happy with our purchase. PROS: Bunks! Only 33ft long so it's easy to find a spot in all National and State Parks It's a motorhome, so travel days are actually fun - you can use a fridge, bathroom, and have amazing landscapes outside or your home window! It's fun to take it to national parks and have picnics there with amazing nature around Set up is pretty easy with an auto-leveling system Fairly easy to drive and park Awesome queen bunk over the cab with large window (our favorite spot in the house!) Good looking interior and exterior CONS: - Very little storage because of the bunks - Living room is really non-existent - Narrow walkway leading from the bedroom to the living room (we hit that door with our shoulders all the time) - Not the best craftsmanship - had to beef up drawers in the dinette and fix a few minor things with cabinetry - THIS ONE IS FIXED: weak inverter and house batteries. We replaced our house batteries with lithium-ion batteries, got a stronger inverter/converter and 3 solar panels on the roof - now we can camp with no hookups for longer
- Anastasia, Indiana

2020-11-25 2012 Lazy Daze Lazy Daze LD12RV View Listings

We did extensive research on Class C Motorhomes before we bought our Lazy Daze. Their ratings were quite impressive. When we finally found our LD we were never disappointed. Every detail is well thought out and crafted. She is quiet and refined. The most challenging part is finding one for sale!
- Kathy Biegel, Arkansas

2020-11-22 2020 Winnebago Minnie Winnie 31K View Listings

Very pleased with the power and drivability. It's solid and rides smooth. Very valuable rear end storage! My wife was nervous about driving an R V. But she had no problem this unit. She said that it was like driving our 1/2 ton Ram truck.
- Gary, Arizona

2020-11-22 2017 Thor Motor Coach Siesta Sprinter 24ST View Listings

I have had 5 RV's. This one is the best for power, MPG, drive, handling, parking, camping... If I buy a newer one it will be a Mercedes, although maintenance can be expensive, if you need it. I have had larger RV's but for short trips, I prefer the 25-26' for State and National parks and camping. Although I just finished a 3-month trip, I am ready to GO again. I love RVing.
- harrco, Colorado

2020-11-19 2018 Renegade Verona 36VSB View Listings

I have a 2018 verona, I chose the super c for two reasons. Safety first and resale value. From what I can see at this point After Pushing 3 yrs I feel the Veronica holds its value very well and I feel very safe in it versa the previous class A And 5th wheels we has previouly As far as quality, the Verona is there. Of course there have been issues with the coach, but I have been extremely pleased with the support from renegade and dealer (Holland motor homes) for the support to resolve any issues in a timely and satisfaction manor.
- Fred gerson, Tennessee

2020-11-18 2019 Forest River Forester 3051SF View Listings

The full slide makes for very open living area. We very much like the split bathroom with the sink outside the shower and toilet. This allows use of sink when shower or toilet is being used. The bedroom is also roomy with lots of storage. We like the OneControl feature app as it allows opening the slideout and the leveling jacks outside where you can watch and manage better. The 12 cf refrigerator/freezer is wonderful and the pantry is large and easy to access.
- Ron Lehmann, Colorado

2020-11-17 2018 Thor Motor Coach Four Winds 30D View Listings

First coach I have owned where there is a water leak in the roof after just 2 years. Lazy Days cannot find the problem and now has to do a water test to find the leak. Thor is doing nothing! 7500 repair bill. For the price you pay for this coach, big problems should not be happening after just 2 years. Only 4200 miles and keep it in pristine condition. Very sad. Have had a total of three RVs and this is ending up to be a sad mistake!!!!
- Dawn Freijo, Florida

2020-11-17 2019 Coachmen Leprechaun 27S View Listings

We bought our 2019 Coachmen Leprechaun new. We like the floor plan but we have hit our heads on the cupboard above the sink while doing dishes. The refrigerator is great but only 6 cu ft. The bathroom shower is small and the one cupboard in there is not so roomy. The queen bed is comfy but not much room to walk around and no storage underneath it. We have had absolutely no mechanic problems at all with it. 26S works ok for the two of us but looking for a little more space to move about.
- Lana, Minnesota

2020-11-10 2017 Coachmen Freelander 20CB Ford Transit View Listings

This has been a great little motor home. We had a few factory issues at first, but the dealer fixed them quickly. I see in the small print that I can't mention the dealer, but they were in Troy, Ohio. This RV is the sports truck of RVs. It handles nice and has plenty of power for getting on the highway. When fully loaded, it does have a problem getting up long steep grades. I have a tendency to keep my foot in it, so my mileage has never made it above about 13 miles per gallon, and is usually in the 8-10 range (at 65-70 mph) My biggest issue with this unit is the 25 gallon gas tank. It can only go about 300 miles before you need to refill. This is fine until you get out west where the gas stations can be few and far between. The layout is very handy and works well for our style of traveling. We camp to travel, not travel to camp. We usually drive from spot to spot, site seeing along the way, and do very little long term camping. I was going to get the optional solar panel, but so far the batteries get charged up enough when driving. I have yet to see this model with the "optional swivel passenger seat". That would be a great addition and should be standard. I can't get the RV dealer or Ford to install an after market seat because of "liability issues". It was also about half the price of most other RVs that were similar in style and size. A deciding factor for us poor folks!
- Lee Brooks, Ohio

2020-11-08 2017 Coachmen Concord 300DS View Listings

Other than the shower being a bit small for us as we love camp cooking this has been a great rig! The 7th for us over the last 30 years. The kitchen counter space is amazing you have room to work. The large windows especially in the bedroom allows us to enjoy the views we go camping to enjoy. The ability to park level and side out without stepping outside in rain is such a plus. The paint rather than decals make it easy to maintain. This is the only rig we have had people at gas stations compliment us on the look of it and ask to see inside, at least 5 times! There is an outdoor TV as well as the 2 inside that we have never use but it is there if you enjoy that sort of thing. The Ford 450 has great power and by keeping it at 55 to 60 mph we get great mileage. Over all we have been very pleased and had no trips to the dealer for annoying little repairs.
- Sue, Arizona

2020-11-06 2021 Thor Motor Coach Coleman 19CM View Listings

This is what i want exact size love this floor plan. Looks easy to drive. If it gets broken i loose my home not good. Love to check out financing pleaae call mw or aend me more exactly like this. No slides PlEASE gaa only
- Richard johnson, Rhode Island

2020-11-03 1997 Jayco Eagle 286S View Listings

Yes this rv is very nice and beautiful rv. Easily sleeps 4 adults. Inside and outside shower, walk around bed, foldout couch, handy little table slides out to make larger table or the long table can be in place for bigger parties.
- Denisha Cobbs, New York

2020-11-03 1997 Jayco Eagle 286S View Listings

The best RV . The price is good. Is very nice !! All systems working properly. AC which blows cold. Hot water heater and generator turned on from inside the RV at the control panel. Thank you for this RV!!
- Jenna McKenna, California

2020-11-02 2018 Tiffin Wayfarer 24FW View Listings

We have found our Tiffin FW to be an outstanding motorhome! They all have issues, of course, but the issues we've had have been quite minor in comparison to the quality and livability we experienced. I would highly recommend Tiffin!
- Ronda Russell, Montana

2020-10-31 2020 Thor Motor Coach Quantum Sprinter KM24 View Listings

All I can say is if your over 60 make sure you can get in the door of the easily, because this is quite a hike up for most seniors. Also, get someone or yourself to examine the roof. Our roof looked pretty shabby, lots of patching in the rear right corner. Cabinets space was very good, and the floor plan was excellent but the cabinet doors could have been installed better. Also, consider the height of this unit. It is higher than most and will be more inclined to catch the wind. We bought our unit and immediately liked the MB chassis, however the Thor part of the motorhome left a lot to be desired.....of course we didn't notice that until we got it home. The slide had a couple of issues, one being the weather stripping around the slide was not installed properly and kept the slide from going in and out. The slide mechanism seemed a little under powered. Make sure you slide it in and out before you buy..... the valance on the rear window also became an issue and blocked the slide. The first problem was the exterior BarbQ line that fell out and was almost destroyed because we dragged it 3 miles before realizing the problem, another problem was an electrical outlet in the bathroom was bad. Lastly, and back breaker was the refrigerator went out and we had to wait 7 weeks for parts. A lot of these problems I blame on the dealer, but quality starts from the beginning. No, I would never buy another THOR Product.
- Kris Strohl, Arizona

2020-10-30 2017 Thor Motor Coach Synergy CB24 View Listings

This is an excellent condition that is all luxury and power. 2017 Thor Synergy is powered by a Mercedes Benz Diesel Engine combined with a 5-speed Automatic Transmission on a Mercedes Benz Sprinter Chassis, with only 19899 Miles! The overall length is 26 feet and the unit comes equipped with an Onan Generator, 2 Slide Outs, Large Awning with exterior TV and Speakers for outside relaxing, A/C unit and plenty of room to sleep 5. This is a non-pet/non-smoking RV and there have not been any accidents or water damage.
- Christopher McEwan, Massachusetts

2020-10-30 2009 Lazy Daze Lazy Daze Mid-Bath View Listings

My Lazy Daze has been rock solid. I’m the second owner and in 6 years there haven’t been any problems except minor wear out issues like a toilet seal. The RV is well insulated and quiet. All the furniture is screwed and glued to the house frame and as a result, nothing rattles or falls off. We’re very pleased with our RV and would buy another without any doubts.
- Jim Butler, Texas