Class C

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Class C RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

julia shelton from Washington says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2017 Lance Lance 1475 View Listings

Purchased a 1475 new in May of 2016. Loved it-so cozy and comfortable for a tiny trailer. However, the roof has been leaking since day one and is now on it's 4th visit to the dealer for repair. There was also a recall on the frig which took a month to fix. The front window had to be replaced due to the self storing blind getting jammed up. The dealer is not sympathetic and doesn't seem to care at all. Since we live in Washington state, a leaking roof is a major concern. I called Lance directly and they agreed to replace the mattress. But they don't seem to care about my concerns about water damage that may be occurring in the ceiling, cabinetry or electrical. The fact is that we haven't been able to use it very much-it has been in the shop most of the time. But we are still making the payments. So disappointed-it was a dream of mine to own a camper of some sort and we heard Lance was "top of the line."
- julia shelton, Washington

2021-08-02 2020 Thor Motor Coach Chateau 31W View Listings

The 31W has a great layout and functionality. The 32ft length allows us to easily find spots in state parks and drivability isn't challenging. The theater seating adds comfort during time inside and the tv is positioned in the correct spot for viewing. The whole system water filter and ice maker is a nice added bonus. There is plenty of storage inside. The tv sound doesn't get loud enough for us so we connected a speaker to help.
- Carey Vassallo, North Carolina

2021-07-31 2017 Thor Motor Coach Four Winds 24F View Listings

This RV's floor plan offers so much more space than my larger BTCruiser had. It's easy to drive and has lots of storage space even more than the 30 ft motorhome I had before this. I would not part with it if I had more time off from work, but I have only been in it a few times in the last four years. I've put less than 3500 miles. I have never towed anything, but it really is a nicer unit as far as roominess than a lot of other 24 ft class c's
- Jean Taylor, New Jersey

2021-07-31 2016 Thor Motor Coach Siesta Sprinter 24ST View Listings

We have never been more disappointed. Absolute horrible craftsmanship - we have had issue after issue - one replacing the back window - when the company replaced it they discovered that the fiberglass and work surrounding window was never completed. All of the leatherette furniture is peeling and flaking to the point a fine dust. The top window wasn't installed or sealed right so we had to fix that. The generator failed within a month of having the rv. The sensors have has to all be replaced - of course we had to wait for them to go before they would do it even though they knew they would go bad. Fun times- We are stuck in this lemon - look elsewhere - maybe to a company that cares about quality. We keep it in an temperature controlled environment and have been on it maintenance wise so this really seems like we got the lemon off the assembly line or the are all like this.
- shannon smith, South Carolina

2021-07-30 2019 Winnebago View 24V View Listings

We found the View 24V floor plan to be very comfortable after downsizing from our 32’ Class A. It drives like a charm, even when towing. And navigating the heavy traffic on the DC beltway recently wasn’t a challenge because of good visibility and handling. As with many new RVs, there were minor issues which were quickly resolved at the dealer - hence the 4-star quality rating.
- Lin Raaf, Pennsylvania

2021-07-28 2017 Thor Motor Coach Four Winds 31W View Listings

Very frustrated at the quality of our 2021Thor Four Winds. When we got it home we opened the slide only to hear a rip in the floor. Turned on the water and the water would not drain, turned on the back A/C would not blow cool air, the recliners were pushed away from each other, shower would not work, awning ripped when we pulled it out, levelers lifted the enter back end off the ground and now the slide will not work. Took the RV into Gander in Dacula, Ga and told us it would be two weeks before they could look at the RV. Two weeks later told most was fixed but A/c’s are back ordered and not sure when they will get one in. I forgot to mention we sold our house and living in the RV. Now we have to pay for hotels when the RV goes into the shop. Now back in the shop with promises not being fulfilled. The slide needs two motors. No reimbursements for hotel stays. The ripped floor happened because when they were putting together the RV someone left a plumbing cap under the slide. The plumbing cap is what ripped the floor. Now they have to redo the back floor. The process is going to take two weeks. This means two weeks of hotel. Yes we have family however we have two dogs. I looked up how to return a defective RV and unfortunately not an option without ruining your credit. DO NOT BUY FROM THOR. We have been told by many their quality assurance is non existent. All they do is put the RVs together as quick as possible. I say run!
- Anita Deraney, Georgia

2021-07-28 2020 Jayco Redhawk 31F View Listings

Well, the Jury is still out regarding my Redhawk…I am disappointed at the moment about some very serious design flaws…one in particular with the gas tank. It was something that they knew about before selling it to me, but did not disclose. In Real Estate that would be grounds for litigation immediately and it’s actually in violation of antitrust laws. Jayco is offering to do this “approved fix” except it’s only been approved by Jayco…not NITSA the gov’t agency that recalls vehicles, so that seems like fox guarding the hen house…and I wonder if it will come back in even worse condition. I have had 5 radios, they told me that it was wired wrong, said they fixed it, but it’s not fixed. They came to fix the noise coming from something under the frig, so loud no one could sleep in it…this coach designed to sleep 10. When they finished, the ac nor microwave would work using generator…the problems go on and on…to make a long story short, and I’ve left the best for last….The first time I went to put gas in it…it wouldn’t go in…it was so strange, the hose just continually clicked off as soon as it pulled the lever…I was shocked, and stuck because I had my Autistic son with me, I’ve got no gas and I can’t get any to go in the tank. I panicked ….then I thought to call the roadside service folks….the man on the phone told me that it was not a new problem, it in fact was very common in this model…he said go to another pump and try again..so I drove to another station, tried another pump and same thing.I called back, he said…for me to pull the Nozzel out of the tank as far as I could and go very slow…I did that and it worked better, still not right but at least if I was very careful, not to pull to far out…go very slow, like 30 min or so to pump a tank with lots of spills especially on me, my hands, shoes..ground…occasionally in eyes…I could get gas enough to go in it…at one particular pump by my house, other stations it would not work…just cut off over and over no matter whaat I did….so I have a magic pump near my home and can only travel where a tank of gas can take me and get me back for the next one….it’s even frustration and disheartening because My autistic son really want to go to Disney campground and I bought it for that and to take him on other journeys and we haven’t been able to do it. Jayco is offering this fix, but will not exchange it for one that doesn’t have this problem…I bought a brand new RV and I got a lemon. 2 Microwaves, 5 radios and all these problems later and they want me to let them do more to it that could make it even worse…all the repairs so far have not gone well and caused more problems than were solved…I was told by a repairman that they had to take it off the chassis to do this fix and was near impossible to put everything back afterward.. I asked Jayco if I could be connected with some folks who purchased this model and had the gas problem and the fix…so I could talk to them and get some feedback…to help me make my decision…they did not respond.. If there is anyone out there who has found themselves in my position and already had this design fix, could you please contact kittytadams@yhoo.com and tell me about your experience. I am in such a quandary and I’m trying to decide if I should let them do this approved fix or not…Perhaps I could learn more from the experiences of others who’ve already had this done…I hope so.
- Kitty Adams, Florida

2021-07-27 2020 Entegra Coach Qwest 24L View Listings

We do not recommend this model. Here are all the issues we have had on our first trip: Issues with Entegra Qwest Slide gets stuck in and have to manually bring it in Cruise control went out (Active distance assist inoperative, Active brake assist functions limited see operator’s manual error codes) have to bring to Mercedes to fix Side door get stuck shut and is difficult to open every time Shower head is falling off Shower floor is unstable Shower door doesn’t stay shut Bathroom door doesn’t lock Fridge doesn’t stay on when switching power sources when on automatic mode Toilet leaked Bed won’t raise up- bed motor and mechanism were not attached, loose screws were all over underneath the bed Battery won’t charge while connected to electricity Error code on inverter No hot water with propane on and connected to power Brake lights out
- Kelly, California

2021-07-27 2018 Forest River Sunseeker 2860DS View Listings

Bought it brand new in 2018 in Florida drove it back to Virginia Beach realized they were 52 items wrong with it brought it to a dealer had it three months fix nothing very disappointing in Forest River now I find out the two windows above the cab in the sleeping area have been leaking the wood the bed everything has to be replaced disappointment with a forest river. The radio and DVD player stopped working after the second year
- Albert DeBerardinis, Virginia

2021-07-27 2019 Entegra Odyssey 30Z View Listings

Love the rv. Hate the quality of workmanship consistently in repair for refrigerator,entrance steps, slide gaskets, taillights burned out, hole in awning, but soon as warranty was done the tank heater in rear fell off and all the lights were dim and slides were not working the ground wires were put on with cheap screws and broke off my kids fixed them by putting them in with stainless bolts they told me wires were hanging under the rv from front to back called Entegra and was given arun around saying nothing they could do I talked with a supervisor and I’m still waiting for some kind of answer Entegra is basically a jay o I will never purchase one again I only have 4500 miles and only about 15 trips on a two year old rv totally disgraceful workmanship and customer care
- Dan Martincic, Ohio

2021-07-26 2019 Coachmen Leprechaun 260DS View Listings

2nd trip out we discovered a large amount of water in the kitchen area coming from under the sink/stove area. Found that it was coming from the p-trap in the shower. It wasn't even attached, this was the 1st time using the shower. Fast forward 8 months, ther generator wont start, 1 month later the front bunk window that's supposed to be maintenance free is now leaking, several inches of water in the bunk which spilled over in to the cockpit shorting out the back up camera and completely soaking everything. While unpacking the coach to take it to the dealer for repairs the plastic refrigerator handle breaks off. Now we did purchase the ultimate coverage contract from cornerstone rv at the low low price of $5,000 which is good for 60 months or 60,000 miles but unfortunately it doesn't cover anything except mechanical failure so basically I bought a boat. While I agree this is a beautiful coach that is the perfect size for the two of us I must also admit I now have buyers remorse. We have owned cheaper camping equipment from tents and popups to travel trailers and were really hoping that with the Coachman name it would be a quality coach that we could enjoy for years but as it turns out they are made assembly line cheap just like the rest but with a heftier price tag. Sorry Forest River and Coachman but your product is cheap made and you should be ashamed of yourself. American made used to mean something. I really cant give it a good review or suggest anyone buy it. Good luck and safe travels.
- Teresa Morris, Florida

2021-07-26 2020 Jayco Greyhawk 30Z View Listings

We absolutely love it! Lots of room for us and our 3 fur pups. It drives like a dream with no issues on highways at all. Easy to maneuver in small streets and areas. We have driven from FL through the Tennessee mountains. Love it 😊
- Shaney Matthews, Georgia

2021-07-25 2016 Thor Motor Coach Four Winds 28Z View Listings

From day 1 With campland in Burns Harbor,Indiana the lady's putting theri finger nails in the decals to get bubbles out. To having our motorhome at campland for 9 months due to some breaking in to their lot and stealing stuff out of motorhomes which included ours.To the slideout not working and letting air in and rain in. Campland said oh we'll get the decals fixed. One lie after another. Decals never got replaced . Then was sold to Lazy Days. Who also won't take care of the decals or slide out. We have talked with Thors and insurance Thors said you need to have Lazy days fix these things. Because we dont even make the decals for your motor any longer. So this over $100,000. Motorhome is a cheap made,but hey camp Land don't care they got my money.
- Jeffrey Lingenfelter, Indiana

2021-07-24 2020 Tiffin Wayfarer 25QW View Listings

We love our Tiffin Wayfarer on a Mercedes chassis it has a Diesel engine which is good on fuel. Loving the bedroom in the rear. We have had only small issues and we haved used it frequently we love camping at State Parks. Everywhere we go people say they want one and love to have one like ours and Tiffin is known for quality.We have nothing but compliments on it, especially from experience RV people. Tiffin Wayfarer customers service people are the best. Also, Colton RV where we bought it has given us nothing but the best service. We have owned several RV's and this one is the best. Hope this helps others. I feel if you own a RV you have to be prepared to fix minor things it is 11,000 lb home on wheels moving down the road at 60 miles and hour. People need to get that and expect some issues or don't buy one. Don't expect perfection and no problems with your RV. Buy an extended warranty it is worth every penny.
- Brenda L McElhaney, New York

2021-07-24 2006 Jayco Seneca HD 35GS View Listings

This is a fantastic RV with loads of living space and storage. Tows without any issues and the engine is smooth without the loud clank of a diesel engine. The generator is a good size for this RV as it powers both AC's and microwave without issue.
- Luis Garcia, California

2021-07-22 2016 Jayco Greyhawk 31FS View Listings

This lady is a waste of time. We did the whole process and she pulled out of the contract. She’s unethical and suspicious to be completely honest. Wasted our time and money. Beware of this seller. Also they listed on a nationwide site but then only wanted to complete the sale if we were local and paying cash. The seller did not show up to the notary and failed on completing specific performance. Beware beware beware. She also held my deposit even after she refused to get the paperwork done. Complete waste of time.
- Patti Rood, Louisiana

2021-07-21 2019 Entegra Odyssey 30Z View Listings

Two years old and the grounds to chassis attached with regular small screws all corroded and falling off . Only used the rv maximum 20 times mostly very close by to our residence wires hanging below the rv. Asked about it and was told this was a natural occurrence with jayco. I called Entegra company twice told there was nothing they can do I asked to speak with a supervisor and was told to email in pictures. I did so immediately no confirmation sent saying they received them I call the next morning and left a message with the supervisor asking if they received them I left my name and phone number at the end of the day still no answer guess they got their money that’s all that matters.
- Dan Martincic, Ohio

2021-07-21 2019 Jayco Redhawk SE 27N View Listings

Purchased 2019 Jayco redhawk se 27n new at a local dealership. First off the dealership tried ripping us off by trying to sell an extended warranty that was worthless. Took the RV on our first trip to Disneyland camp ground were we found out how easy it was to clog up the toilet. Had to unclog it at least 5 times in a week. Drove great to and from, the problem I have with this RV is how cheaply made it is, had trim fall of the wall in the shower, the shower drain came a part and took about two hours to fix it. While working on the drain beneath the shower I discovered how cheap it was built. Only found one small strip of support under the floor of the shower. Next the trim around the countertop just separate with about 1 to 2 inch grab. Pretty pathetic for something u paid $65,000 dollars for. Recommend that u look elsewhere, jayco should change their name to Jokeco.
- W.C, Illinois

2021-07-20 2019 Forest River Forester 3011DS View Listings

We purchased this RV new. The floor plan is very inviting, lots of room. The theater seating is very comfortable. We drove cross county with this RV and having the self contained was great as we didn’t need to get out if the weather was not so friendly. The ride is like riding in a car with the air shocks. Very easy to set up, within 20 min. Having they large tanks gave the ability to stay in national parks and still have all amenities. Matriculate care inside and out always serviced by the RV dealer and they have always taken great care of us. We have been campers for many years, this being our 2nd Class C and my favorite.
- Kathryn M Breznick, Vermont

2021-07-19 2020 Thor Motor Coach Freedom Elite 22FE View Listings

We bought a new 2020, and have had it just about one year. Overall I like the unit and the price. However, the defects were, as others have said, numerous: Battery with bad cell-reluctantly replaced Wrong-sized breaker on a major circuit (recall item) Leaking connections in hoses to fresh water tank Crimp in propane line to heater...stopped working soon after purchase, got fixed Charging circuit incorrectly wired so that engine alternator would not charge house batteries Electric awning motor connected with an SAE plug in a location difficult to access. Connector pulled loose and we had a struggle to get fingers on it to reconnect. Front end was not properly aligned...caster was not correct for an RV to handle properly, although this was presumably Ford's problem, and it was within or close to Ford's specs, which are too wide for a properly handling heavy, bulky RV. We also added trac bars front and rear and a heavy duty steering stabilizer, which make it a better driver. Overall we like the layout and features of the unit, and gradually are working out all the bugs. But, it's annoying to have to do that.
- John Minor, Oregon

2021-07-19 2007 Fleetwood Jamboree 31K View Listings

We just bought this and began sprucing it up before taking it out for a short test run. In the mean time we left for 2 weeks for family emergency. Came back batteries totally drained, engine totally drained and a beep that never stops without any power. I accept we purchased junk. I just want the beeping to stop ... And its not the carbon or smoke detectors.
- Joan, Arizona

2021-07-17 2018 Thor Motor Coach Chateau 31E Bunkhouse View Listings

The Thor Chateau 31 E has been a great RV for the money. Thor has been great with answering questions and providing information. The Owner's portal has a wealth of information and all the systems manuals are online and easily accessible. We have had a ton of great family memories in our RV and would definitely buy Thor again. The bunk beds are definitely worth having, especially with a family. The Ford E450 Chasis is a bulletproof workhorse and provides plenty of power for towing. It has the Triton V10 engine which is such an upgrade from the old V8. Thor has made a great product. We are definitely happy campers!!
- Nick Corsaro, Washington

2021-07-16 2017 Winnebago View 24G View Listings

I looked at the view for sale in state College and I was blown away! Clean, spacious, comfy, and luxurious, and it comes with warranties! I am very interested in buying as I love RV’s the idea of being able to take your hours where ever you go just sounds like fun!!!
- Sean, Pennsylvania

2021-07-11 2020 Forest River Sunseeker LE 2250SLE View Listings

Amazing RV in a small package! Has everything we need for traveling on weekends or long trips. It is very easy to drive and park and being only 24 to 25' long, it is easy to find spots that will accommodate this rig. We have owned it for over a year and couldn't be more pleased. We have only had 1 small issue and that is one of the drawer latches doesn't latch properly. That is a simple fix though for $5 from Amazon. The generator is quiet for a generator and adequately runs everything needed when not on shore power. The 13,500 BTU AC is ducted and more than adequate in 90 degree weather. The water heater is nice since it is dual electric and gas so we don't have to waste gas while on shore power. Overall the motorhome is roomy enough for us to sleep our family of 5 comfortably for a week at the beach or a long weekend in the mountains. We love our rig!
- Terri Sawyer, North Carolina

2021-07-09 2020 Forest River Sunseeker 2860 View Listings

We purchased this RV new and it has been in for repair a majority of the 8 months we owned it. The quality of workmanship is so poor, we have had to cancel some camping trips for repairs. Extremely long delays getting parts. 😪 DO NOT CONSIDER A FOREST RIVER RV!!!
- M Roberts, Alabama