Class C Reviews on RV Insider (1,377)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Class C RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

julia shelton from Washington says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2017 Lance Lance 1475 View Listings

Purchased a 1475 new in May of 2016. Loved it-so cozy and comfortable for a tiny trailer. However, the roof has been leaking since day one and is now on it's 4th visit to the dealer for repair. There was also a recall on the frig which took a month to fix. The front window had to be replaced due to the self storing blind getting jammed up. The dealer is not sympathetic and doesn't seem to care at all. Since we live in Washington state, a leaking roof is a major concern. I called Lance directly and they agreed to replace the mattress. But they don't seem to care about my concerns about water damage that may be occurring in the ceiling, cabinetry or electrical. The fact is that we haven't been able to use it very much-it has been in the shop most of the time. But we are still making the payments. So disappointed-it was a dream of mine to own a camper of some sort and we heard Lance was "top of the line."
- julia shelton, Washington

2020-09-18 2016 Winnebago View 24J View Listings

Update: Mercedes Benz totally rapes it's customers on service work. The two times I took it if for service cost me $1600 and $1200. BOTH times I had problems created by sloppy workmanship. Once the mechanic spilled diesel over the engine, we thought it was on fire after leaving the dealership. The second time it just stopped running after leaving the dealership. The mechanic had left off a hose clamp to the fuel line at the fuel filter. This was two different dealerships 150 miles apart. Guess this is the Mercedes way. Mercedes Benz will never service my vehicle again!! Winnebago dropped the ball on a faulty water pump. The dealer took care of the repairs. The floor has since gone soft (possibly from the leaky water pump?) and Winnebago refused to assist in any way. In my earlier post I mentioned the three regulators on the propane tank, Winnebago finally sent me the correct regulator (the one I kept telling the dealers that Winnebago recommended) and I installed it myself, uncovering two errors made by one dealer or the other in past installations. What does it take to get a quality vehicle and a manufacturer that will stand behind it's product?
- Phil Elgin, Tennessee

2020-09-17 2012 Thor Motor Coach Majestic 28A View Listings

We have enjoyed our RV very much. We have never taken pets or kids in it. Just 2 quiet non smokers that are very clean.we have gone around the Olympics. We have taken it Easy of the mountains. Also the Oregon Coast to Lincoln City. We only want to go bigger other than that it has been a great RV.
- Roxanne Armstrong, Washington

2020-09-17 2017 Forest River Forester MBS 2400WS View Listings

This drives like a dream. It is quiet powerful diesel. The side and back up cameras make it easy to park and change lanes. There is spacious room when full side slide is not open. When the slide is open it is a comfortable room. A full bathroom is a a great attribute. A Microwave, stove top ,Cable TV/Stereo(inside), and speakers outside make it a home a way from home. The low mileage (28,000) says this Mercedes Benz Diesel V6 motor and chassis are going to be around for a long. The Onan propane generator says that you can camp any where. You will be very pleased to own this RV and not pay for the original price. This is a great deal, and a lot of happy/fun memories, are to be made.
- Lynn A. Hayward, Florida

2020-09-17 2010 Jayco Melbourne 29D View Listings

We purchased this RV in 2012 from the original owner, never smoked in. We previously had a 38ft with 2 slides but since we were down sizing held out for a 3 slide coach. We are glad we did. The 3rd slide makes all the difference on livability. The quality of the Melbourne is much better than the cheaper coaches, the Ford V10 has plenty of horses and is called bullet proof by the reviews.
- jack.ingle@yahoo.com, Virginia

2020-09-13 2020 Entegra Coach Esteem 29V View Listings

Since my earlier review 1 month ago, we had to replace the Drive-shaft bearings, and it was not covered under the Ford warranty. Turns out, the coach builder cut the drive shaft to extend it as the coach was built on the Ford Chassis. When they did that the warranty was voided. The coach builder did not put the drive-shaft back correctly and instead of using bolts they welded it to the underbody of the chassis and it caused the shaft to stiffen while it was meant to have play. Cost me $1500.00 dollars and not covered. We have had the coach 1 month and while it looks beautiful and now rides great, except for the screen door rattling at times on he hwy, we are planning to trade it in ASAP for a Newmar Dutch Star or Vantana. Jayco Entegra Esteem ... you broke our heart. And I would have bought your bus in a heartbeat. Sadly, not now.
- Marti McGrail, New Jersey

2020-09-12 2015 Itasca Navion 24J View Listings

I HAVE OWNED MANY RVS OVER THE YEARS AND THIS IS BY FAR THE BEST. BEING ON A MERCEDES CHASSIS IT IS SUPPER EASY TO DRIVE AND FIND SERVICE. GETTING 16 MPG AND GETS SERVICED EVERY 5,000 MILES WINNEBAGO SERVICE TECH IS AVAILABLE ON THE PHONE
- Art Davis, California

2020-09-12 2019 Forest River Sunseeker 3010DSF View Listings

We researched every class c under the sun for about two years. We stumbled upon our used 2019 3010ds by mistake and were pleasant surprised. Ours is a former rental unit that had only been in service less than a year before the dealership got out of the rental business. We had 7 identical units to choose from with various mileage ar the same price and chose the pick of the litter. Although our unit had 20k miles on it, it was in superb condition inside and out. I got all service records and all the new unit bugs had been worked out. Our unit stickered for over $105k new and we purchased it for $55k. This was just at the start of the covid-19 mess when no one was buying rvs yet! We did opt for an extended 10yr warranty. The motorhome had performed beautifully and we logged over 3k miles in 2020. Being from Colorado, we travel the mountains a lot and the V-10 / 6-speed combo does great once you get the hang of the tow/haul mode. Should be renamed downshift control or some such thing! We did upgrade the suspension to Bilstein shocks and sway damper. Big improvement over Ford stock components. A few minor fit and finish issues. We recaulked the shower, replaced the plastic toilet and replaced about 8 of the interior puck lights that went disco on us! We did reroute the fresh water tank inlet hose as many on this floorplan are kinked and slow the filling process. I did have to adjust the living room slide stop points as the seal was not compressing properly. Not a difficult task, but the dealer wanted it for a month to do it. Took me 1 afternoon! Overall the coach is pretty easy to work on once you learn where everything is hidden. Although not a perfect unit, it's pretty close for us and the labs!
- Colochoclab, Colorado

2020-09-10 2012 Winnebago View 24M View Listings

I loved this RV. VERY reliable and comfortable yet compact enough to get through a city! I would highly recommend! The bed and banquette kitchen table is well designed. Lots of storage space! I would consider it for a couple or 3 people to sleep comfortably.
- Jordan Stevens, Colorado

2020-09-07 2019 Coachmen Leprechaun 210RS View Listings

Worst experience so far. Bought it new in May 2020, been in the shop more than our driveway. Electrical issues right off the bat caused delay in even getting it for 3 weeks after purchase. Every camping trip so far has produced an issue. Only have done 4 camping trips cause it’s been in shop. Now stuck in Maine as wont start and smoking under the hood. Not even 1800 miles on the chevy truck. We thought and heard coachman was a good and reputable brand but this is absolutely wrong. This RV is a lemon, when and if we upgrade it will never be another coachman Product.
- Judy Casagrande , Massachusetts

2020-09-07 2017 Forest River Forester 2501TS View Listings

We love this RV, but can relate to some of the criticisms of other reviews. I would caution any RV owner to know the RV dealer's service reputation before purchasing from that dealer. We bought the first Forester sold by our local camping world. The combination of some poor quality control by Forest River, and a dealer who had no idea how to prep this RV made for some interesting and eventful first few trips. I think people are better off buying a used RV that has gone through some of these early repairs. We have found this RV to be very popular with renters, easily covering the cost of owning the RV. We have to have our camper inspected between rental, and are fortunate to have found a good RV service center. It is not camping world.
- Barbara Jacobsen, Missouri

2020-09-07 2017 Thor Motor Coach Synergy SP24 View Listings

I purchased this motor home May of 2017 after seeing it at a RV show.I have had it back to the dealer many times over the last 3 years for 1 particular problem that they some how can't seem to repair. The slide out with the sofa bed has consistently leaked from day one.I just don't understand why they seem to have this unrepairable problem.
- Harry Mol, Ontario

2020-09-06 2014 Winnebago View 24J View Listings

Took this model cross country and back and loved the size and how we could fit into any campground, big or small, no problem. Driving through parking lots in bigger cities was easy due to the size but it lived large enough to sleep our family of four including two small babies, wonderfully. Love the two front facing seats found in this specific model and how fuel efficient and dependable the engine is. Highly recommend for fall travels if using upgraded all weather tires, durable and quality rig.
- N Smith, Missouri

2020-09-05 2021 Jayco Greyhawk 30Z View Listings

Purchased from See Grins RV Dealership in Gilroy, CA 7/7/20. Picked up. 7/9/20. We bought it with 2233 miles on the engine. We loved the floor plan. It really worked for us. We loved the queen bed in back. It was almost a full sized queen. We loved the fireplace. We loved the luxury feel of this Jayco. However, we initially started having problems with the RV during our first trip on 7/11/20 when all of the cameras malfunctioned and the whole leveling system malfunctioned. We had less than 2500 miles on the engine at that time. Returned for repairs on: 7/17/20 1. Malfunction with manual and auto leveling system. 2. Malfunction with side cameras and rear cameras. Picked up RV on 7/20/20. Days use lost (4) Returned for repairs again: 7/22/20 after noticing Leak in Black Water Tank. Turned out to be quite extensive and took16 days. Picked up on 8/6/20. Total days use lost (20) 8/18/20-8/21/20 (Trip to Arizona) On our trip we noticed the Black Water Tank starts to empty slowly when handle is pulled to empty. Also noticed that the sensor seems to be functioning improperly - often showing that the black water tank is 2/3 full even though we’ve only used it a few times. *We planned on taking the RV back into different RV Dealership for repairs upon conclusion of our AZ trip. However, a major engine malfunction happened on the 8/21/20. On our trip coming back from Arizona on 8/21/20 the “Service Traction Control” light came on twice. Once in Blythe, and we pulled over for gas. When we turned the engine back on, it was corrected (it was off). Around Pasadena, the “Service Traction Control” light came on again and we were not able to use Cruise Control. We pulled off, turned off the engine and consulted with the manual and looked at online resources. All of the resources stated that there was no indication that there was anything critical happening. And we were not going to be met with any adverse weather conditions. It turned off near Pasadena and did not come back on again. We planned on getting it checked when we got back home at a Ford Dealership. On 8/21/20 at approximately 1830 hours we lost the Power Steering on I-5N at bottom of grade. We were in a VERY unsafe location to stop so husband tried to “Muscle” it as far as we could. I was calling AAA and they were not willing to tow us because we were too far and due to COVID, they are also unable to provide a ride for us and our daughter in law and 8 year old grandson who were with us. Husband tried to go as far as he could going around 45mph because we knew that it was extremely far for relatives to come get us. Then around 2000 hours we lost brakes (mostly) near Hwy 119 at Taft. Husband had to pull off. It was way too dangerous to continue. My grandson and my daughter in law were already strapped in with seatbelts, but I grabbed every pillow I could to pack around my grandson at this point. We were terrified. Husband was able to pull off and stop. Looked around in all the paperwork and found Jayco Tow number as AAA was still unwilling to tow us. Called for tow that came at midnight on 8/22/20. Towed to storage yard until Monday. RV towed to Jim Burke Ford dealership in Bakersfield California on Monday at 8/24/20. Received a call from representative from Jim Burke Ford on Friday, 8/28/20. The service representative said that he drove the RV on the lot and he said that the failure is the power steering pump. And there is definitely something wrong with the brakes. Was contacted a few days later and said that the part is very hard to get and not expected to get it until 10/9/20. And then they can work on it. Then after that they can check the brakes. Then after that, they can check the traction control. We will be without our BRAND NEW Jayco RV for TWO MONTHS for these repairs. And it is 4 hours away from our home. Ford Warranty, Jayco Warranty, and the Dealership are not making this right with us. We are getting the runaround. We are without an RV. Very unfair situation. Can you say LEMON?!
- Robyn Rodriguez, California

2020-09-05 2019 Jayco Melbourne 24L View Listings

We LOVE ours!!!! 16,000 miles in and NO problems! Runs great! 5 of us on it and sleep well. Of course wish more under storage but plenty of room for everything needed for a 4,000 mile trip. We couldn’t be happier!
- Mickey, Colorado

2020-09-04 2018 Dynamax Isata 3 24FWM View Listings

After owning 10 different R V in my life this R V is the worst by far with service, and (warranty), My first shower was after 18000 KM Faulty on demand water heater. Sewer hose does not fit in sewer storage pipe ,Too long, propane outlet not bolted to frame , towel hanging in sink ,too low,one T V and microwave never worked,sewer pull lines too long,cant pull to open.Push out keeps dying when pushing out.the GPS has everything but what a camper really neads, Took me 20000 km to find campgrounds, The GPS in this unit is a piece of shxx, Unit never was cleaned under pushout ledge, wire ,insulating pieces dust chips etc.I have to say they installed good quality produces. but very poor workmanship and no quality control. Forest River warranty almost useless Dealer was almost the same, still waiting for information on inverter from dealer manager. I fixed all factory screwups. as dealer is 2600 miles away
- dale lehman, British Columbia

2020-09-04 2020 Thor Motor Coach Quantum RW28 View Listings

We bought it new a few months ago. We’ve taken it on several trips of one to three nights. We have had virtually no issues. What minor things we’ve found, we have addressed ourselves. The main remaining issues are the stabilizer switches are swapped and the generator hour gauge does not advance. I have added a steering stabilizer, rear anti-sway bar, tire pressure monitoring system, replaced the stereo with one that supports Apple Car Play, added a battery monitor system, upgraded the thermostat to a digital model and installed a surge suppressor/power monitor. It now drives really well. I’m also replacing the shocks with Koni’s, but I found the the right-rear shock is almost inaccessible because they mounted heat shield above it because it’s close to the muffler. I’m not yet sure if I will be able to replace it.
- David Coons, California

2020-09-03 2012 Holiday Rambler Aluma-Lite 23RB View Listings

We had the RV for one year and drove across Canada and the U.S.A. Poor workmanship and cheap material was used to built this unit. Plastic taps in kitchen and bathroom. Water leaks in places from wheel wells to faulty plumbing. While fixing the plumbing, we noticed the wood framing under the sink was cracked. Instead of replacing it, the builder attempted to glue the broken pieces. And the list goes on.......
- ja, British Columbia

2020-09-03 2018 Thor Motor Coach Freedom Elite 30FE View Listings

When I picked it up they were working on the generator and could not get it working. Camping World told me to call for appointment tomorrow and bring it back. I called back and was told they don’t work on generators. First time camping no hot water, slides leaked. It was in being repair most the first season. Several other thing needed repair. Never got sides fixed. Traded this lemon and got other Thor and in has been in the repair shop more than I used it. Still waiting on parts (7 months). I will never buy a Thor product again.
- Gerald Barnes, Ohio

2020-09-03 2020 Thor Motor Coach Omni SV34 View Listings

After ordering our sv34 in January it finally arrived in June as a 2021 model. A few minor things needed to be taken care of. Overall this is a great RV. The Ford power stroke has all the power we need. We pass cars going up hill Have 4500 miles on it in 2 months. Would buy this RV again without hesitation
- NRG, Minnesota

2020-09-02 2009 Itasca Navion 24J View Listings

This RV-Navion was just what I wanted 8 years ago. It has everything for dry camping. I used it in freezing weather for 3 days with no problem, no hookups and still had more battery life, LP gas and water left. Over night in Yellow Stone was awesome as well as the sights there and back for the 4 of us. Diesel is great climbing mountains and logged 14-17 MPG. The 24 footer handles great on the road and can go where the big rigs can't. I'm surprised how easy it is to travel down town and park. I am selling because I would like a newer model.
- Al, Virginia

2020-09-01 2020 Entegra Coach Esteem 29V View Listings

I purchased this RV new in July of 2020. Since driving it off the lot I have had the following: * All curtain tracks have no backing and have fallen off. * Overspray all over entire body of the coach. (Declined warranty $1500 to repair) * Failed Sony stereo. ($600 out of my own pocket) * Leaking toilet * leaking outside shower * Cleaned up all wiring under the dash. Was a rats nest and wrapped around E brake pedal. Would not recommend purely due to support from Manufacturer!
- Andrew C, Washington

2020-08-31 2018 Coachmen Leprechaun 311FS View Listings

This RV is the best looking RV going down the road and in the campground. The Ford cab worthy of being with an RV, very cheaply made more like a work truck. We have had it back to the dealer I know more than 10 times, one time they had it for 3 months. We have had water leaks, loose windows, slide motor stop working and no water in the kitchen to name a few. Coachman should be ashamed to put their name on this RV.
- James Lakes, Kentucky

2020-08-30 2019 Gulf Stream BT Cruiser 5245 View Listings

2019 Btcruiser 5210 Review 8/30/2020 It's probably safe to write a first review after 10,000 miles. Traveled from Southwestern Florida to Arizona and back. Blue Ridge Parkway dry camping. Various Florida campgrounds. I am 83 and travel by myself with my Chihuahua. I expect all the comforts of home when dry camping. I have had several small motorhomes for many years so I know what I need. I added solar panel and satellite TV. Had a new 12v wire run to 500w inverter to run TV, and satellite. I have the 2 couch model. I rounded off sink end of the table to be able to slide in and out easily. Table bungees nicely behind passenger seat. Put lever control on shower head to conserve water. Sleeps 2, lives 1. The good: Absolutely brilliant design. All the complaints I have had with previous motorhomes have been resolved. Automatic step, automatic awning, and the entry light switch is down by the step. When inside,, turns off and on easily with your foot. Large rocker control switch. Large HD TV. Large round sink takes up a bit too much space, but good for washing clothes. Nice large shower (I'm 6'1"). Oven, fridge and stove work perfectly. Leave electric switch on hot water heater on and any time you run Gen or connect you have plenty of hot water. Automatic thermostat holds coach at desired temp. Awning windows can be forgotten open and rain does not get in. I leave one couch made up as bed at all times. I mostly leave table up as I travel. Adequate fresh water if you are careful. I go 5 weeks without having to empty black water because I do not use bathroom sink. The bad Assembly was careless. Screen door had to be rehung and adjusted. Top shower slide rod popped out while taking shower. 5" strip of gorilla tape provides permanent fix. Bottom Corner of shower needed to be caulked. One exterior door magnet missing. Someone dropped a screw driver point first on roof. Let water go down and migrate back to shower skylight. Son filled with caulk. Someone somewhere stepped on bathroom vent and cracked. Much finger pointing. This is my 3rd E350. All had driving design problems. Ford avoids addressing these. My recommendation: If you want to boondocks, at 22' this is just about perfect. I am adding seelevel gauges since the included ones are totally worthless, as are all such gauges. I am a rough user. I go wherever strikes my fancy. I expect to be able to stay anywhere for at least a week in complete comfort. This MH will do that, possibly for 2.
- Bob Richardson, Florida

2020-08-30 2021 Thor Motor Coach Freedom Elite 30FE View Listings

The 2021 Thor Freedom Elite is our second RV. When we paid the price for this new motorhome we realized we weren’t buying a Cadillac, but we didn’t expect to buy a VW Thing.” Let me preface my observations by saying that we did not trade in our 1996 Itasca Suncruiser because Camping World refused to take any trade-in RVs prior to 2000. I am so grateful we did not trade it in because right now, stranded in the middle of the Arizona desert, with virtually no help from Thor, we wished we had taken the 1996 Itasca instead of this 2021 Thor RV made from popsicle sticks and glue. Without any embellishment whatsoever I can honestly say that after 11,000 miles on this RV in just 2-months everything has malfunctioned right down to the broken zipper on the briefcase full of the warranty documents. We are currently stranded because a Thor “ask-a-tech” support mechanic told us that the parts we found lying under the generator were “apparently not tighten correctly“ which led to mounting feet and brackets of the generator to literally break off from the block. Good Sam will gladly tow our vehicle however they won’t touch anything because it might void the warranty from Thor. After calling Thor for The third time I was told that any outside mechanic performing necessary Workmanship to our vehicle would not ruin the warranty. Unfortunately the person I spoke to before him, a mature intelligent woman, said the total opposite. Luckily I purchased the emergency option with my warranty so Thor can eventually show up with a tow truck to tow my vehicle to the nearest authorized dealer for repairs and accommodate me and my bride during this inconvenience. That doesn’t however cover the cost of boarding my two dogs. In the meantime I wait for Thor to open up Monday morning (with very shortened business hours) to rescue us from the middle of the desert in the middle of summer. With all four parts that we have found broken off of the generator our best advice has been to “stay in place” so that you don’t further damage the unit. That advice came from someone who didn’t work for Thor or Camping World. Here are just some of the things that have been going wrong with this vehicle since our purchase in July of this year. All of these problems occurred while we were on a vacation; A plumbing leak in the wall, later identified as having a piece of yellow tape near the leak hole. Then, after this leak was fixed we made it 150 miles down the road before noticing another pinhole leak in the middle of a brand new hose that was installed at Camping World. Vacation once again interrupted as we drove to another Camping World outside of Atlanta to have this piece of hose replaced. By the way both leaks caused extensive damage to the RV and our property. We have been waiting since July to hear about the new wall, control board, Trim and other parts of the vehicle covered under the warranty. Camping World told us 6 to 8 weeks, BS! One final note on the plumbing issues. After fixing the pinhole on a plumbing hose we found inside the wall, a Camping World genius unhooked our oven and never hooked it Back up! We didn’t notice that problem until we were three days out from our East Coast home headed to the West Coast. The poorly constructed handle on the refrigerator had now broken twice. Whoever designed this was obviously a mental midget. From the start, the USB outlets, located conveniently throughout the vehicle, were shorting out depending upon which way you moved your cord, and we tried many cords. After explaining the problem to Camping World they told us that all USB outlets were checked and there were no problems, BS! Every handle on every cabinet and drawer was designed by an expert in torture. Each handle is sharp enough to rip open your skin with the slightest pass as all four corners of the handle are sharp as a knife. Anytime we slip Or lose balance we look for these handles so we aren’t killed. The main door design for the RV must’ve been an afterthought on a late Friday afternoon. Because there are no sliding steps, the door is positioned 6 inches closer to the pavement than any other part of the vehicle thus giving you quite a jolt if you hit a pothole at the wrong time and place. Yes, it’s scrapes and scratches on every little bump you go over. Maybe that’s why our main side door to the Thor Freedom Elite has twice locked us out. Yes, with all locks open and the only way to lock the vehicle is with a key we have been locked out twice because the door does not fit correctly. BTW, Thor Forgot to install the carbon dioxide detector.I could go on and on with the problems we have had with this vehicle which we will sell as soon as the warranty fixes the 50+ things currently Wrong. When we finally do make it back to our home I’m going straight over to storage and give my 1996 Itasca a hug. Do not be fooled by what anybody tells you. This 2021 Thor freedom elite is a rolling deathtrap and I urge you never Make the mistake we did.
- Ken, South Carolina