Travel Trailer Reviews on RV Insider (2,942)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Travel Trailer RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Randy Pollock from Texas says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2017 Forest River R-Pod RP-178 View Listings

After much research, we decided to purchase a 2017 Rpod 179 from a dealer in Mesquite, Texas. Although the dealer is approximately 300 miles from our home in San Antonio, we felt confident that the combined quality of the traler and the assurance that we "could take it to any Forrest River dealer for service"', we would be safe. (There is no Rpod dealer within a 100 miles of where we live). The first time we had a problem with the electric tongue lift not working, we found that "any Forrest River dealer" for repairs was true. In fact, even with with Forrest River's help, we were left with called Ngo numerous dealers only to say no and offer no assistance. Fortunately, I did find an area Forrest River dealer has worked very hard to help us. They were the only dealer of 6 which I called that was willing to help us. Although they are not an RPod dealer, they have done much to help us. There has been a series of issues with the RPod which have greatly undermined my confidence in my camper. So far, our 6 month old camper has had considerable problems . Beginning with a defective tongue lift, we found ourselves with a heather that was so loud, we stopped using it and plugged in a stand alone. (Reported to be a piece of packing plastic inside the unit). We have experienced a water leak which flooded the rear storage compartment.(Break at the city water inlet). An A/C unit with a part missing that makes too much noise to use until the part comes in. (2 weeks in the shop so far). Blue caulk scattered on numerous portions of the black framing. Decals beginning peel in some places. This unit sold for $22 k before discount. The most a dealer will allow on trade is $9k. We are trapped in a camper that we have no faith in manufactured by a company we have no faith in and sold by a dealer we have no faith in. If I had a do over, I would have purchased something from a local dealer and it would not have been a Forrest River product.
- Randy Pollock, Texas

2020-04-02 2015 Venture RV Sonic 200VML View Listings

Bought this camper new after 5 months we found water under the refrigerator called the dealer and was told drain hose must be not set right. Brought it back to the dealer before the warranty was up and they zip tied the hose and said we should be good to go. They also stated there was water marks on the wood under the refrigerator. We were camping 9 months later and found a soft spot by the door. Contacted KZ (Venture) and was told it was our problem and fault. It turns out that the vent for the refrigerator was never sealed properly when it was built at the factory. This company is awful to work with. Instead of repairing the problem like a responsible company would they had us repair and pay for the repair ourselves. Beware of this company they got their money and we got all the heart aches. Stay away from their products.
- Beaterman, Kansas

2020-04-02 2019 Jayco White Hawk 31BH View Listings

This is are 4th rv out of all the company’s we owned this is the nicest and highest quality. No major issues that was nice always had issues with other makes.The only thing I don’t like is the ac Thermostat in bedroom is in the ceiling (Analog) switch’s cheep
- Matt brown, New York

2020-04-02 2020 Jayco Eagle 334RLOK View Listings

We upgraded from a 2016 Eagle HT 324BHTS. So we are very familiar with the Eagle models. We went with all the upgrades. Residential refrigerator, solar on roof, extra battery, washer/dryer combo, Onan 5500lp generator, auto leveling and sani con turbo dump. So far so good! We are pleased with the quality....still in the shakedown stage.
- Dr. DREAM , California

2020-03-31 2017 Forest River Vibe 268RKS View Listings

Bought the trailer new in 2017. The upholstery on the recliners has completely deteriorated...the dinette is beginning to deteriorate as well. The surface of the walls are wrinkling and coming off. The counter around the sink is blowing up and coming apart. Two tires exploded and damaged undercarriage. Already had to replace air conditioning unit. The camper looks nice and has a nice floor plan but is a real piece of crap as to quality of materials and craftsmanship. Can't get rid of it fast enough. new in 2017. Furni
- Gerald Smith, Florida

2020-03-31 2020 Forest River Surveyor 250FKS View Listings

I purchased the camper in Oct 2019 and picked it up in Nov. and transported it 50 miles to my home where It has been parked. While cleaning the exterior of the camper I notice rust covering the stairs at the back door and around the tongue. I took photos and sent them to Forest River. They will pay for 0.50, 30 minutes labor, to have the rust scrapped and painted. I Had 2018 Jayco that I camped every other weekend in for 3 years. When I turned it in on the Surveyor, because I liked the layout, it still looked brand new inside and out. It held up Beautifully. This rust issue to me screams of very poor quality and if the frame is made of the same rusting material as the stair and tongue, I am so screwed. RUN, RUN, RUN, from any Forest River product, and warn your fellow campers.
- Colleen Thurman, New York

2020-03-31 2016 Heartland North Trail 23RBS View Listings

Absolutely AMAZING! We researched RVs for 4 years prior to going full time. We wanted a well-built RV we could easily tow (and still have our tow vehicle to do sightseeing thus a motor home was a no go) that was high quality and which provided maximum livability. We lived full time in this North Trail and found it is exactly what we needed. The Double slide outs are hard to find and for this model, it makes the living and kitchen area HUGE. This RV is built for northern climates therefore the construction is solid (not like RV's with light" being their peimary benefit. with great insulation - Easy to keep heated and easy to keep cool summertime even if in the direct sunlight. It has plenty of storage as well! My wife was totally surprised at how easy it is to pull - you can forget its behind you when driving. If you can find one its worth a look.
- IslandChap, Virginia

2020-03-30 2019 Forest River Cherokee Grey Wolf 23MK View Listings

Love floor plan, fire place is grate on 33° keeping my camper worm. Only think I replaced after my first night is mattress, because one was inside like concrete hard. Towing with Nissan Armada never noticed it. I have it for 15 months and spend time in Nashville TN 2020 winter and 2019 sumer on Florida, AC works grate. I'll say I was blessed with this one so far.
- MG, South Carolina

2020-03-28 2019 Forest River Rockwood Signature Ultra Lite 8328BS View Listings

Very dissapointed in the quality. Every plumbing connection leaked Underbelly at rear has fallen off at the rear Lots of small trim and covers falling off Shower not lined up correctly with base Cannot reach Forest River for support If Forest River could reach out to me would be appreciated, maybe they would like to stand by their product and get some dealer to do the work Otherwise it is a nice layout and very comfortable to stay in on longer trips down south Previously had another forest River product but they eventually came through and fixed my unit. I am waiting for a call ..........
- Tony Surian, Alberta

2020-03-28 2016 Jayco Jay Flight 195RB Baja View Listings

With in hours of leaving the dealership and a city away I found out that I was not able to turn any of my 12v lighting on. Everything work earlier but not now. Next day went to the dealership, turns out it was a missing reverse polarity fuse. In addition to the fuse the fuse holder was all bent to hell and had to be reformed. Within my first week the shelving above the queen bed broke losse and I had to put screws through it. Trailer didn't even come with proper LP bracket or storage, which in turn lead to the thin angle iron they used was shearing away and expected me to secure it with a pice of all-thread running through the angle and the LP tank on the bottom. The dinnet next was to fall apart along with the closet door frame ripping from the wall. The toilet wasn't properly set and sealed leading to water damage along with a poor choice of kitchen faucet making it difficult to fill anything or even to do dishes. All led lighting interior but two left a black scorching on the ceiling and shortly after broke completely. I was always burning LP quickly due to a lack of insulation it later turned out when I decided to remove on of the wall panels. They either didn't put any insulation in one fire break or just half assed it by leaving three inches and sometimes five inches of empty space all around with minimal batting. They used to heavy of wood for the counters, table, armrest for the bed, and even heavier for the doors. Jayco couldn't even make a pricise hole for the pipes. The trailer looked nice to start off especially for a newby. But I wouldn't recommend Jayco to anybody with extreme prejudiced. F.Y.I all this within the first two years. They say #1top selling. Selling what, a bunch of CRAPPY Amish built bullshit. Buy American made but not Amish, they just don't make the mark.
- baha-80, California

2020-03-26 2020 Grand Design Imagine 2600RB View Listings

So we had it down to 2 different campers to buy and we are not going to buy The Grand Design because they decided to change the interior cabinets for 2020 and made it look cheap and washed out looking. whereas in 2019 they had nice dark wood cabinets in their campers and they took that great look away. So I guess we're forced into getting the other camper just because the cabinets have a terrible look to them in The Grand Design. Live and learn Grand Design
- Gary, Texas

2020-03-25 2011 Monaco McKenzie Ion View Listings

This RV was purchased new in 2012. It is ultra light and tows very nice. The layout is very functional and with the slide out there is plenty of space. I have a family of 6 and a dog and there was room for everyone. Plenty of inside storage for items such as chairs, canopies, bikes, coolers, and any other items you want to bring with. The back door was great to load items like bikes, coolers and tables. Outside storage was enough for essential tools, leveling blocks, propane grills, charcoal and many other items. The bathroom and fridge although small compared to what is in a house, were more than enough for a camping trip weather it be a weekend or a week. Overall this has been a great camper and served us well.
- Curtis, Illinois

2020-03-24 2019 Forest River Cherokee Grey Wolf 23DBH View Listings

Biggest mistake ever buying from Forrest River. I have only been able to use my camper 2 times and have had nothing but problems. I have had it in the local shop where I bought it 5 time to fix electrical problems ,cabinets falling apart and water damage to the underneath. The local dealer fixed all they could to get me back up and going but Forrest River would have to fix the rest because they didn't have the right equipment and there was black mold. The dealer recommended that I don’t use the camper with the condition it was in. So I get in contact with Forrest River and they tell me it will be 2 months before they can pick it up. 2 months comes around and no calls or nobody to pick it up. So I get in contact with warranty department and they forgot to schedule me for pick up and said it would be another month before they could pick it up and said I should be fine to use it with the black mold in it. It has now been at Forrest River for 4 months and they were suppose to keep me updated thru email every Tuesday on how things are going and have done that only twice. I encourage everyone to not buy Forrest River they have no quality and don’t stand behind there word. Scam operation
- Cole hoffman, Kentucky

2020-03-24 2014 Keystone Cougar X-Lite 28RLS View Listings

We have owned a Cougar X-LITE 28RLS and have loved it. Plenty of room and well built Keystone trailer. It is one of our favorite floor plans. It has a large bathroom and shower, Ton's of storage. The trailer pulls so nice you have to remind your self it's back there. I purchased two trailers before finding this one. And it fills all our needs. I would recommend this trailer to anyone starting out for there first travel trailer. You won't be disappointed.
- cwolski262, Wisconsin

2020-03-23 2019 Starcraft GPS 260RLS View Listings

Emergency window over kitchen table leaks under kitchen sink leaked tolet leaks heater stopped working stripping on shower doors comes off when open will never buy this model again a money pit thought Jayco a good rv trailer we leaner the hard way buyer beware
- Charlotte Alexander , Alabama

2020-03-22 2008 KZ Spree 323RL View Listings

We've went on trips to camp grounds about 5 times very easy to pull with tow sway bar hitch and bn kept up in really good condition sleeps 6 people comfortable has been kept clean all maintenance done at expected times
- Jeremy Menard, Louisiana

2020-03-22 2014 Forest River Wildwood Heritage Glen Hyper-Lyte 312QBUD View Listings

Has been a great camper. Never any issues. Very functional. Plenty of room. Great looking. Can't wait for it to warm up! Bunks in the rear. Nice kitchen, outside kitchen and grill is phenomenal. Very clean layout.
- brettbrandau, Delaware

2020-03-21 2019 Prime Time Avenger ATI 27DBS View Listings

It’s been a great travel trailer with no issues. Easy to tow and could live in it full time! I love the 50” TV and having the outdoor kitchen. With the slide out, the livable space is very roomy. Highly recommend.
- Jill Schroeder, Arizona

2020-03-20 2017 Coachmen Apex Nano 191RBS View Listings

I bought this travel trailer brand new. First weekend camping, I realized one of the stabilizer jacks was bent, 3 water connections were leaking, the screen door latch broke and wall panels had to reattached. Pictures of the damage was sent to the dealer. I ended up fixing everything myself as the dealer wanted me to bring it to their service center which was an hour and a half away. The dealer refused to send replacement parts. Since that weekend I’ve repaired a leaking skylight and several other places on the roof. The bathroom faucet needed replacement. The tires were replaced after 12,000 miles because of ply separation. The entry door lock has been replaced due to the door shifting while traveling. I sealed up the holes around the pipes due to large gaps. I like the layout and storage of this camper, but the quality should be improved.
- Charlie D, New Hampshire

2020-03-19 2017 CrossRoads Sunset Trail Grand Reserve ST28BH View Listings

Like new. Everything works as it should. All electric jacks. Hard to find floor plan. Very open floor plan. Great for families, has bunk house for children. Dual slide outs. Island sink.Great condition. Brand new weather stripping around the slid outs. Installed battery cut off switch. Has two entrances one in rear at bathroom. This RV is a must see.
- Dominic Acossano, California

2020-03-18 2019 Venture RV Stratus 271VRS View Listings

We have owned several new RVs, and every new RV is going to have some kind of warranty work. Warranty Guru "Mike" at KZ is by far the best representative we have ever dealt with in ANY industry. He listened to our concerns and immediately jumped into action. Thank you Mike! We will be purchasing another RV in a few years and plan on staying in the KZ family because of great customer service.
- Alan, Florida

2020-03-18 2019 Cruiser RV Radiance 25RK View Listings

Purchased August 2019. We received the so-called manual on a thumb drive. I printed it out to discover the manuals and material were old and did not relate to the new Cruiser Radiance. We love the RV's layout, particularly the kitchen. However, after taking our new RV home, we were dismayed to find: we did not have remotes for the Furrion TV or fireplace; did not have the quick hookup coil hose for the outside shower; door latch on entry door broken; black water and bathroom tank drains that are under the slide are not easy to access; leak in awning right above outside speaker; inside, placement of popup Furrion TV does not afford easy access to HDMI port or other hookups (ex., for the Roku) located on left side of tv; the microwave didn't work (plug behind it was faulty); hot and cold water was reversed (really hot water entered into commode! this caused a slight leak at base of commode); placement of bathroom sink faucet is too far back from the sink; Furrion fireplace quit working after initial use (a new one was installed); king mattress was very thin and made of hard material (we purchased a new comfortable mattress); shower leaked water into bathroom floor (I added a bead of sealant inside and fixed this); The water problem still is not resolved, as we do not have hot water. We wish the Radiance Cruiser did not have all these manufacturing defects. It simply spoiled the excitement of our purchasing a new camper.
- Roger and Nova Hodo, Alabama

2020-03-18 2018 Keystone Outback Ultra-Lite 299URL View Listings

We purchased this camper new. Overall weight is very comparable to other campers with rear living space however kitchen design is much nicer with more counter space and storage than other campers with kitchen at rear door. Bathroom has a lot of space for extra linens etc. Bedroom is nice but plan on purchasing a new mattress (what camper has a good mattress?). 2018 last year with outdoor kitchen in this model. Simple two burner stove and sink with hot and cold water but amazing how much we use it. Entertainment center with 50” tv is overkill (states my wife) but I’m not complaining. It is nice when it rains or to cold or windy to sit next to fire. We love it and plenty of floor space to dance with slide out extended. If looking for a camper take a close look at the Outback.
- Craig Emmert, Colorado

2020-03-18 2014 Forest River Rockwood Ultra Lite 2608WS View Listings

Huge front kitchen/living room area with rear bedroom. Well taken care of unit. Ton of storage inside and out. Inside is like new. Tows great with 1/2 ton F-150. Don't use often enough to warrant keeping.
- Brian Brown, Missouri

2020-03-17 2017 Jayco Jay Flight 27BHS Elite View Listings

Baught new in 2016. I do both seasonal camping (4 months per year) and tow the trailer a few times every summer as well. I tow with a 2016 F150 2.7engine and its a good fit with my truck. Travelled 2500km last summer trip with no issues. I gave a 4 for quality for the following two reasons: dinette back rest loosening up after a few summer and I fixed it myself with 2 bolts drilled on the frame to solidify it, outside kitchen was 1/2 inch camco hoses clamp to Pex?? so I also fixed that with proper fitting. Also baught a foam mattress for comfort. The rest has been working perfect so far. We plan to keep it for more years.
- Gino, New Brunswick