Travel Trailer Reviews on RV Insider (3,968)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Travel Trailer RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Randy Pollock from Texas says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2017 Forest River R-Pod RP-178 View Listings

After much research, we decided to purchase a 2017 Rpod 179 from a dealer in Mesquite, Texas. Although the dealer is approximately 300 miles from our home in San Antonio, we felt confident that the combined quality of the traler and the assurance that we "could take it to any Forrest River dealer for service"', we would be safe. (There is no Rpod dealer within a 100 miles of where we live). The first time we had a problem with the electric tongue lift not working, we found that "any Forrest River dealer" for repairs was true. In fact, even with with Forrest River's help, we were left with called Ngo numerous dealers only to say no and offer no assistance. Fortunately, I did find an area Forrest River dealer has worked very hard to help us. They were the only dealer of 6 which I called that was willing to help us. Although they are not an RPod dealer, they have done much to help us. There has been a series of issues with the RPod which have greatly undermined my confidence in my camper. So far, our 6 month old camper has had considerable problems . Beginning with a defective tongue lift, we found ourselves with a heather that was so loud, we stopped using it and plugged in a stand alone. (Reported to be a piece of packing plastic inside the unit). We have experienced a water leak which flooded the rear storage compartment.(Break at the city water inlet). An A/C unit with a part missing that makes too much noise to use until the part comes in. (2 weeks in the shop so far). Blue caulk scattered on numerous portions of the black framing. Decals beginning peel in some places. This unit sold for $22 k before discount. The most a dealer will allow on trade is $9k. We are trapped in a camper that we have no faith in manufactured by a company we have no faith in and sold by a dealer we have no faith in. If I had a do over, I would have purchased something from a local dealer and it would not have been a Forrest River product.
- Randy Pollock, Texas

2021-02-24 2001 Dutchmen Sport 19T View Listings

I'm selling my 2001 dutchmen camper looking to up size for me and my family. It has one little hole in floor by closet. I have repatched the roof has no leaks. It has one slide out. I have taken out the pop out couch and replaced it with a love seat.
- Christopher, Texas

2021-02-22 2020 Jayco White Hawk 32KBS View Listings

Love our 2020 Jayco 32KBS couples Coach. Great floor plan and the KING sized bed was a must for us. A few minor issues since we purchased our rig in June of 2020, and one major issue with the living area slide out. All under warranty, so no really big deal, bit we did have to cut our Florida vacay short by one week because the slide out wouldn’t extend.
- Gwen Lyles, Georgia

2021-02-20 2020 Coachmen Apex Ultra-Lite 245BHS View Listings

Great summer fun for the family. Built well overall. Bathroom is very limited with space and uncomfortable, however bc of its light weight, we can pull with our suv. The Floorplan offers a lot for a small unit and we think after lots of research we made the right decision. Its narrower than a typical camper so mirror extensions are not necessary but the large dinette slide out makes up for the lost space. We really like the aluminum frame construction as well as the Azdel walls on the exterior. The Azdel walls do a great job of blocking any outside noise and are very easy to keep clean. Overall, this is the perfect camper for a small family with a limited budget and limited towing capability.
- Matthew Asper, Pennsylvania

2021-02-20 2020 Jayco Jay Feather 27BHB View Listings

We spent the summer of 2020 evaluating different travel trailers and eventually settled on spending the extra dollars for quality and peace of mind. We do not regret our decision. We absolutely LOVE our camper. We assumed that as we started using it we would notice some little details that would have been rushed through production that needed tweaking...so far zero. Couldn’t be happier with our purchase. Worth the extra investment for peace of mind and quality.
- P. LeB, New Brunswick

2021-02-19 2018 Heartland Mallard 26 View Listings

Awesome travel trailer, well built and easy to set up! 2 slides give it tons of room inside and the bunk room makes it easy with the kids. the outdoor kitchen also works very well. recommend this to anyone!
- eric, Missouri

2021-02-18 2020 Forest River Rockwood Mini Lite 2512S View Listings

Great RV! I've put about 3000 miles mine and it's been nothing but a delight living in here! For one or even two people I would suggest the investment. Very easy to tow and is built to last. I'm very impressed!
- Max, Nevada

2021-02-17 2017 Forest River Cherokee Grey Wolf 23MK View Listings

We purchased this travel trailer at retirement and found it very easy to hook-up and to tow. Spacious living area and plenty of storage. Bathroom very spacious for a small travel trailer. We love our Grey Wolfand have made many good memories.
- Ellie Galloway, Virginia

2021-02-17 2016 Forest River Cherokee 304R View Listings

I bought the Cherokee 304R this is a low grade piece of shit I have had nothing but problems with it from the first day!!!! JUNK JUNK JUNK Save your money buy a Jayco or GRAND DESIGN
- James Perham, Florida

2021-02-16 2021 Gulf Stream Ameri-Lite 238RL View Listings

We bought this camper in August of 2020, brand new. In a 6 month period, it’s spent 4 1/2 months at Gander RV for repair! The camper wasn’t properly sealed and we have water damage in the front compartment and the manufacturer just wants to put a bandage on it and not fix the damage done. They won’t authorize the repair to make sure all damage is fixed! I’m beyond frustrated and irritated with the whole situation! There warranty claim guy is very rude also!! Let me add that the only time this camper is out in the weather is while camping and while sitting on the lot waiting for repairs because we store it in an enclosed building! Do not buy a camper made by Gulf Stream!!!
- Melissa M, Alabama

2021-02-16 2020 Lance Lance 1575 View Listings

Bought a 2020 1575. We liked four things the floor plan that expands to fit 4 people, the use of Azdel (I hated the smell of Luon in my old RV), it is a 4 season camper and the light weight of the unit BUT we have had nothing but problems. ALL 4 roof vents leak (1 badly enough that we aren't able to use our trailer), the frame around slide out popped off, the awning motor was dead when we got it, the slide stopped working on fay 1 and we needed someone to come fix it as it was stuck open, the door strut broke after just 3 days of using it, the heater/hotwater heater malfunctions, and cabinet doors have ripped right out with minimal use. The fuacet had to be changed im bathroom and there was a broken pipe fitting on the kitchen sink, and the faucet leaks. Did I mention that we bought this new at the end of 2020. My Forest River Patriot NEVER had problems like this and they were always easy repairs. Yeah its great to tow and really fits my family well but what good is a TT that doesn't work? Leaking roofs and broken slides render TT unusable, we can live with a broken appliance and have had no issue in repairing our old RV but these leaks/slide problems are coming from what I think is the result of improper installation and/or warped and broken frames.
- Lal, Wisconsin

2021-02-15 2019 Grand Design Transcend 27BHS View Listings

We have camped with this RV on 5 occasions. Most were week long trips. Well insulated, A/C and Furnace work great. Pulls great, we use a Blue Ox weight distribution hitch. The outdoor kitchen is great. We replaced the factory mattress with a 10" memory foam, much better. Storage throughout is great and we love that Grand Design does not put the vents in the floor. Full walk on roof is great, makes it easier to clean the top of the slide before leaving a campsite. Plenty of room for a small family. We have had my parents camp with us and our son comfortably. We love that Grand Design really stands behind their product and takes the care prior to delivery to ensure that most, if not all, potential issues are fixed. We have had only minor issues that were easily fixed with a quick google search and doing it myself. Though the water heater is only 6 gallons it does heat up really quickly and has easily allowed us to have 4 adults shower one after the other, all with hot water.
- Jeff McGowan, Virginia

2021-02-15 2019 Grand Design Imagine 2670MK View Listings

Bought strictly because of artic package . And floor layout . Layout is fine . Artic package is very poor . Have heated water hose , plenty of water to RV , heat set at 75 and no water !!!!!! This sucks for the price I paid .
- Roy Meigs, Oklahoma

2021-02-15 2016 Keystone Cougar X-Lite 21RBS View Listings

We bought our 2016 inspired by the "polar package." Don't believe it! Today we are south of Houston in an ice storm; campground electricity went out. Ran furnace all night, but pipes still froze. Good: floorplan - one of the biggest kitchens around. Large slide-out dining area hasn't failed in 4 1/2 years. Often-used parts like faucets, toilet have held up we'll, although we do have a soft spot in the floor near the entry door. Cleans up good, except for dining carpet.
- Brook Mark, Colorado

2021-02-14 2020 Jayco White Hawk 32RL View Listings

I’m new to this site. I hope I can sell my RV. I was told to list it with this site and at first it was kinda confusing but as I went along it got easier to figure out. I am new to this site. I hope I can sell my RV.
- Georgiann Glover, Texas

2021-02-13 2020 East To West Silver Lake 27K2D View Listings

This is our first camper for the family of five and our dogs. We bought it last year and used it a lot in multiple 7-day trips to get out of the house. This trailer has nothing but fantastic. It's very roomy and setup is perfect We have a Ford F-150 Platinum pulling it and we don't even notice it's behind us we did upgrade to the no sway hitch and highly recommend that upgrade. Don't we issues we have is we don't like the plastic toilet seat so we are upgrading that this year and the jackknife couch is not very comfortable to relax and so we upgraded to two theater seating instead. To me those minimal upgrades is just our personal preferences too nothing to do with the trailer itself We've discussed it and really impressed with the company as whole and plan on buying our next month on this company.
- Nicole Cochran, Kansas

2021-02-12 2017 Heartland Pioneer RK280 View Listings

I own this camper and every time it rains the awning breaks the arms! I realize not to have it out during wind but a lite rain! Mine has already broke the sa.e arm three times! Called the Heartland company fed complaint but got no answer or reply!
- Carolyn fowler, North Carolina

2021-02-11 2018 Jayco Jay Flight 38BHDS View Listings

NEVER BUYING A JAYCO AGAIN. LEAKS from the beginning when new. The first thing was the shower doors from when it was new leaked on the floor. There wasn't any silicone on the the bottom of the doors fixed my self. Then we noticed water by the slideout after 2 years, discovered it was leaking around the window I silicone it myself. Then water was on the floor in the master. Discovered when you use shower water hits the wall and leaks behind the plastic grommets that holds it together. The fan above the stove stopped working was fixed under warranty a month later stopped working. The worst part when I called customer service the girl told me that in the manual it states the customer is responsible to maintain the camper. 😡 we take very good care of it and now that the warranty is up shit is a problem. The F$$king thing should not be leaking everywhere in the first couple of years. You pay a lot of money for junk. buying it from the dealer was a whole other story. Bottom line they sell them to you and never look back they move on to the next victim.
- Craig, New York

2021-02-11 2019 Palomino Solaire 316RLTS View Listings

I live in my RV full time One adult only Since day one of October 2019 Have had major issues Would I buy this brand again No !The factory person has been very helpful and addressed the issues Had major leaks from the roof,water heater,an bathtub first week .The oven never worked part needed replaced The fireplace heater stopped working a week after moving in The water faucet in kitchen trickled had to be replaced Wash machine shakes the RV beyond reason Placing a 30lb weight on top of dryer helps Bought weatherized that's a joke !!Underside is enclosed In winter will run two ceramic heaters The furnace have used twice Seems to work but uses too much propane Outside storage door the lock never worked If shut tight need a wrench to open Now the the storage under the bed the frame will not stay up The floor has bubbles where it is lifting .And the trim work around doors walls is coming off The fan above the stove worked for a week than stopped Really has not been a good experience Must say the factory person was more than helpful an has reimbursed me for the cost
- Patsy, Washington

2021-02-11 2021 Grand Design Reflection 312BHTS View Listings

I love this rig! This is my second Grand Design travel trailer and I am so glad my family and I chose this floorplan. We enjoyed traveling in this rig from Texas to North Carolina and back, cold or warm weather I can tell you that the added insulation that comes with a Grand Design is well worth it. It's always nice knowing our rig will be comfortable when we get back from a days outing. The Grand Design support team is great and they are MUCH more user friendly than the dealership where we bought the coach.
- james.p.smith71, Texas

2021-02-11 2019 Jayco Jay Flight SLX 8 245RLS View Listings

This travel trailer is one of a kind with its mid bath and extra counter space. We love the quality of Jayco too. It stands up to weather, travel and usage in all environments. We also love pulling it. It is not too heavy and seems to ride stable and smooth. The only concern we have is the comfort of the jack knife couch and the mattress. These are both things that can be changed out at any given point. Overall, we have loved this camper. We are currently seeking to sell it simply because we would like a larger model. Most likely we will buy Jayco again. They're hard to beat!
- Nathan Coleman, Missouri

2021-02-10 2021 Forest River Salem 24RLXL View Listings

This was my first RV, I bought it in June of 2020 after getting out of the navy. I was looking for something cheap, that I could live in full time. I've owned it for about 7 months now and while I still do love it, the craftsmanship needs to be addressed. The simplest way to put it, whoever is building these are lazy. Aside from things like my outlets and closet door being crooked, I've now found water damage underneath the shower. When they made the shower area, they only sealed it where the shower door meets the paneling, allowing water to get under the paneling and between the wall and shower pan and it has pooled up underneath. Honestly, if the company enforced quality over quantity,I'd have zero issues with it. While I do love my trailer I can say with certainty that I probably won't be buying a forest river again.
- Elijah Sellers, Texas

2021-02-10 2020 Keystone Outback 328RL View Listings

Good floor plan with plenty of storage space , comfortable enough to live in for a month at a time. The bad ... trim pieces popping off everywhere, finding things that were not properly aligned during assembly, salesman was good, but now I realize he was full of crap like all salesman , service department only repairs a few things then tell me parts are back ordered and parts department orders parts that are not for my unit (dam dumb- I bought it new from them ) I had a keystone raptor toy hauler 3912 before and it was much better quality ) this one is shot together with an air nailer by a guy who smoked a fatty at break time- nowhere near the quality that keystone brags about and for their "made in the USA " - it comes with China tires, leaky faucet, trim falling off, refrigerator vent blew off first trip, roller shade quit, toilet leaked, TV switch box was defective, 1 awning had to be replaced (holes like it was sewed wrong then pulled out the stitches and moved) end panels in the cabinets came out ... all of this is within a 6 month period and 4 trips or about 6 weeks of vacation time. I don't know what brand would be better but I wish I had looked a little harder.
- Ed, Illinois

2021-02-10 2020 Dutchmen Aspen Trail 2810BHS View Listings

Do not recommend purchasing these trailers. We bought a brand new 2020 Which included the one year warranty plus the best extended warranty the dealer offered. Our trailer has been in the shop more then it has been camped in. It has had Several issues including the studs in the walls not being in the right place and the wall panels falling off. The sensors for the grey and black tank both being installed into the black tank, both sinks leaking, awning leaking, black water flush out installed backwards most of all the steps coming apart from the frame at the weld. The dealership Service department submitted to have this fixed under warranty as you can tell it was not welded correctly. Keystone refuses to fix the issue saying it had impact damage (it did not) or that its weight limits has been exceeded. Instead of fixing an issue With their product being faulty. Do not waste your money on any keystone product. They don’t care about customers who spend thousands of dollars on their products
- Chrystle Fuentes, Idaho

2021-02-10 2017 Dutchmen Aspen Trail 3010BHDS View Listings

My son lived in this RV for a few years, with his daughter visiting. They loved it. It is very livable, roomy, and allows for separate space still in the same home. The bathroom is a good size even for a larger adult.
- Irene Morgan, Arizona