Travel Trailer Reviews on RV Insider (4,254)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Travel Trailer RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Randy Pollock from Texas says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2017 Forest River R-Pod RP-178 View Listings

After much research, we decided to purchase a 2017 Rpod 179 from a dealer in Mesquite, Texas. Although the dealer is approximately 300 miles from our home in San Antonio, we felt confident that the combined quality of the traler and the assurance that we "could take it to any Forrest River dealer for service"', we would be safe. (There is no Rpod dealer within a 100 miles of where we live). The first time we had a problem with the electric tongue lift not working, we found that "any Forrest River dealer" for repairs was true. In fact, even with with Forrest River's help, we were left with called Ngo numerous dealers only to say no and offer no assistance. Fortunately, I did find an area Forrest River dealer has worked very hard to help us. They were the only dealer of 6 which I called that was willing to help us. Although they are not an RPod dealer, they have done much to help us. There has been a series of issues with the RPod which have greatly undermined my confidence in my camper. So far, our 6 month old camper has had considerable problems . Beginning with a defective tongue lift, we found ourselves with a heather that was so loud, we stopped using it and plugged in a stand alone. (Reported to be a piece of packing plastic inside the unit). We have experienced a water leak which flooded the rear storage compartment.(Break at the city water inlet). An A/C unit with a part missing that makes too much noise to use until the part comes in. (2 weeks in the shop so far). Blue caulk scattered on numerous portions of the black framing. Decals beginning peel in some places. This unit sold for $22 k before discount. The most a dealer will allow on trade is $9k. We are trapped in a camper that we have no faith in manufactured by a company we have no faith in and sold by a dealer we have no faith in. If I had a do over, I would have purchased something from a local dealer and it would not have been a Forrest River product.
- Randy Pollock, Texas

2021-05-17 2018 Dutchmen Kodiak Ultimate 2711BS View Listings

I LOVED all the storage available! I also liked the outside fridge, it was my husband's beer fridge. My husband and I lived in it full time. It was good toeing, but we couldn't go over 65mph or the camper would sway, even with the sway bar hitch.
- Rebecca Duvall, Oklahoma

2021-05-17 2016 Forest River Wildwood 30LOFTK View Listings

This RV is one of the best we have ever owned. The unit is easy to pull and set up. Setup is less than one hour with the electric leveling. The outside kitchen keeps the kids from running in and out. The outside speakers and TV make the outside as enjoyable as the inside.
- Jay Thomas, Colorado

2021-05-17 2019 Forest River Surveyor Luxury 271RLS View Listings

The quality is not great. We have learned that no rv is great. The manufactures push these things through very fast. My biggest complaint is the tires. Forest river Puts on the cheapest made tire they can buy. I think they put them home so they will last long enough to get off the lot. My camper is less than one and a half years old I have had two blowouts from the tires separating.. My friend has a camper that is a Forest river chaparral , And it also came with the cheapest tire that you can get. At the tire stores the dealers told us these tires are no good. So now I get to go buy a nicer set of tires. Some of the interior trim has pulled loose. Is too much of a hassle to take it back to the dealer, to get it approved first and then wait for them to fix Something simple. Most of the time I just fix it myself. From now on when I buy a new camper, that will be negotiated into the deal to get a decent set of tires first!
- Lehman Barfield, North Carolina

2021-05-15 2013 Forest River Cherokee Grey Wolf 28BH View Listings

We went in to Tom Stinnets in Clarksville to get some advice on a camper we were considering buying and were helped by Luke in the service department. He was more than helpful and extremely knowledgeable about the hitch that was on this fifth wheel camper. Even though he was very busy and we weren’t there to buy anything, he spent a lot of time answering our questions and making recommendations. Can’t say enough good things about Stinnets service department!
- Diane Lewis, Indiana

2021-05-14 2021 Outdoors RV Black Stone Mountain Series 280KVS View Listings

Loved the kitchen in this RV, no cupboards to look under! One of the few travel trailers under 40 feet with a built in closet. Plenty of room in the shower to move around. Large fridge and freezer. Could easily live in full time. Large storage compartments.
- Vimlan, California

2021-05-14 2020 Forest River Wildwood 26DBUD View Listings

It's a nice RV we decided to get one since we love to travel but can't seem to figure out why the fresh water tank isn't running. It's so new not sure what is happening but besides that I also have a leak since day one coming from the antenna outlet in the living room area. It's been a constant hassle when it rains or just even drizzles and the toilet I know this company can do way better. It's a nice floor plan great kitchen appliances but does sway a lot when in motion. Great first time RV maybe time to upgrade soon.
- MONICA, Texas

2021-05-14 2020 Heartland Pioneer BH270 View Listings

Most of the reviews here are just about everything I had happen. Sway at 50 MPH was beyond belief. I had to drive with one hand on the wheel and the other on the trailer brake switch. I put in 3000$ worth of air bags, 1000$ worth of Friction brakes and now the moldings are falling off the master bedroom ceiling, closet, side panels, doors just pick a place. This is all under 500 miles of travel. I called the dealer, and the factory a number of times to see how to get the TV off the wall so I could attach the cables. Talked to at least five people and they didn't have any idea how to do it. Support if you need it non existent. Stay away as far as possible from this company.
- Wayne Whittaker, California

2021-05-14 2018 Grand Design Imagine 2800BH View Listings

We could not be more disappointed. Each time we take this thing out it gets worse. It started with the entry doors binding and hitting at the top. Warranty repairs and a bunch of fluff (taking more money from my wallet) later we take it out again and the right side of the camper separates from the roof. While in to repair that they find the right panel has cracks under the overlay. Grand design refused warranty saying the bubbles in the roof and cracks are due to lack of maintenance. It is time we file a class action suit, grand design knows they sold defective trailers and they need to pay.
- Ray, California

2021-05-13 2016 Prime Time Lacrosse Luxury Lite 337RKT View Listings

We purchased new from dealer 2017. Love the floor plan. Alpin Haus, dealer, lied about the warranty, air conditioner is def under powered, had an issue last season with the fiberglass siding flying off the side driving down the road. Got no assistance or reasoning from mfg. Cost 3k to get fixed! coming home today from NC the other side of the camper flew off! Very poor quality, def defect in this model at least! Do your homework before purchasing from Primetime! Very unhappy customer! This could have killed someone!
- Louann Tetrault, New York

2021-05-13 2019 Cruiser RV Radiance 25RL View Listings

What we liked most about our 2019 Radiance 25RL was the floorplan and how it provided a nice living area for the two of us. Of course the King bed is a plus. We have had this unit since June of 2018 and we have had minimal issues with the unit. Overall the build quality was on par with any other travel trailer like it within the same price range. Only two issues we have has was an out of balance blower motor on the AC and the flush valve on the toiler started to leak. Both wear replaced under warranty. We have had zero leaks from the outside. We do practice regular roof cleaning and sealing and we replace or reseal all seals on the roof and sides each year. The unit is an Ultra-Light, but with the over sized chassis it has a nice 2500LB extra payload and that is considering tanks full and all the options so that is outstanding. It came with Rainer tires which are made in China, but designed by an American company, and even though I will not repurchase these when I replace, they have served me well. Towing is real good with my 2019 F250. Front fiberglass cap has had no fading, but I regularly hit it with Car Guys Hybrid Wax. Only complaint about the design is it could use more inside storage, but we have worked around that enough to not make it a major complaint. I have replaced the mattress with a memory foam...the one that came with it was unusable. Also added a Lippert Solid Step. Oh, the outside speaker suck. I am an audio guy and bad sound audio makes me cringe so yeah, those will get replaced someday too! I would recommend this unit. Like with any Travel Trailer, you must perform regular maintenance and if you do I think you will be happy with the purchase.
- Gary Matthews, North Carolina

2021-05-13 2018 Forest River Sonoma Explorer 240BHS View Listings

We have loved our sonoma 240 BHS. We have traveled across the country in this trailer and it has held up very well. It is very comfortable for a family of four. The AC/heater work great in the summer and winter months. We love the dual entertainment center and the option for outdoor entertainment. We set up TVs or projectors depending on where we are, outside for viewing. The speakers work great and there is a ton of storage!
- Ashley Morello, California

2021-05-13 2019 Starcraft Autumn Ridge 21RBS View Listings

We purchased this new in 2019.We enjoy the RV, it meets our needs. We did not need to use the water system/tanks. 2 weeks ago we decided to reserve a place where we can use the camper’s water system. When we filled the tank to prep , there was a leak in the line-water pouring out underneath and also ruining the insulation, etc. we took it to an authorized repair garage.They found that a screw from securing the bathroom vanity was drilled through the water line causing the leak. A manufacturer defect/fault.The extended warranty will not cover the manufacturer defect. Jayco/Starcraft refuses to take responsibility and stand behind the product, blaming us for not finding it sooner. This is deplorable customer service and we expected better from an American company which prides itself and boasts about quality and outstanding .Our repair Cost? $1350 AFTER the authorized repair garage graciously gave us a courtesy discount because they are baffled by the failed manufacturer service. BUYERS BEWARE. Jayco/Starcraft cares about the bottom line, not it’s customers.
- Nicole Scheller, Wisconsin

2021-05-13 2019 Forest River Vibe 284BHS View Listings

We went on our second camping trip and there are now more items to add to the list of warranty repairs. 1: The coupler on the trailer will not release OR connect to the ball on the truck. You have to set the trailer down on the ball and then move the truck while the trailer is sitting on the ball to get the coupler in a position to lock. You have to do the same in reverse to get the coupler to release. This means that the coupler is faulty or the ball/receiver was not set up properly when the camper was delivered. This is unacceptable and needs to be addressed before and injury occurs. 2: The awning makes a groaning sound when extending or retracting and the arms stick when opening eventually opening with a bang. The arms sticking makes me think something was not aligned properly when the awning was installed. This should operate smoothly. Not sure what the groaning is but it is very annoying and again this should operate smoothly. 3: The stove top shattered after using it ! thank goodness no one was hurt but food was ruined. My daughter heated up some beans. Turned off the stove was going to serve the beans and BANG, the rear lid shattered- see pics below... Inline image Inline image Note how the hinge is in the raised position for the rear cover. These pictures were taken just after it happened before we cleaned up the shards. Maybe there was a problem in the tempering process or installation but that shouldn't have happened. 4: The furnace whines and ticks when operating. The whine seams like a bearing is not aligned correctly or is about to fail. I have no idea what the ticking is but it is VERY loud when you are trying to sleep. All the other campers at the campground had quiet soft rumbling furnaces. Our sounded like a jet was going to take off. I attached a recording for you below. 5:Hot Water heater latch broke. Only used the latch two times! We had our other camper 10 years and there was never a problem. The cotter pin was a quick fix. Inline image Inline image 6: The outside stove scrapes the side of the camper when opening. It seems like it wasn't installed with enough clearance. This will be a huge mess if not corrected. Inline image 7: This is probably a design issue but when the furnace is running the outside fridge exterior gets awfully warm and it doesn't seem like the fridge can keep it's interior cold. It had trouble keeping the inside temp at 50 degrees while the furnace was running. Shouldn't there be some kind of insulation between the outside fridge and the heat inside the camper ? Food won't keep long at 50 degrees which could cause sickness from eating spoiled food. I am sending a copy of this to Tom Clifton at FOREST RIVER. Maybe they would like to know what problems the public is running into when purchasing their product. We had a JAYCO before this FOREST RIVER and we have had WAY more problems in two trips than we ever had in the 10 years of camping with the JAYCO. I was not expecting to have this many problems so soon in ownership. PLEASE READ AND TAKE NOTE-THE ONLY GOOD THING ABOUT THIS CAMPER IS THE FLOOR PLAN-VERY POOR CRAFTMANSHIP
- Bryan Sertl, New York

2021-05-13 2020 Airstream Flying Cloud 23FB View Listings

Exceptional quality and workmanship throughout. Includes top of the line appliances, fixtures and products. Built to last many many years and handed down through the generations. There is no detailed spared when manufacturing or outfitting this Airstream - very impressive.
- Renee Hunter, California

2021-05-12 2018 Winnebago Micro Minnie 1808DS View Listings

Great all round little RV. We wanted one that was small enough to boon dock easily in places other than campgrounds, and still fit 2 adults and 2 kids easily. This was perfect! We have not had any issues with it and especially like the floor plan.
- Andria Bradac, Texas

2021-05-12 2019 Keystone Cougar 29BHS View Listings

I’ve put 2500 miles on the trailer. You know it’s there behind you but it does make the overall ride more comfortable in the truck. The accommodations in the trailer are adequate for longer duration trips and are great for short one as well..just pull-in or back-in, let the levelers work by pushing a button, hook up the water power and sewer and life is easy. I’ve setup and settled in low as 25 minutes.
- Chuck Sims, Texas

2021-05-11 2017 Riverside RV White Water 177SE View Listings

We absolutely loved it, after a 40' diesel pusher we were surprised how it fit our lifestyle. All we needed in a smaller package. We are only selling because I am 82 years old and getting a bit stiff for long distance towing.
- david butler, Florida

2021-05-11 2015 Jayco Jay Flight SLX 26BH View Listings

I am new still have not had a chance to go and see all trailers going to go today and see all that you have to offer in regards to new or used trailers Not sure what else to write until I review your site
- Susan gardner, California

2021-05-10 2021 Forest River Rockwood Geo Pro G19FBS View Listings

Really happy with this unit. Lived in this full time for nine months due to Covid. It was easy to manuever and comfortable for a couple. It sleeps 4 but we did not use it that way. A couple warantee items needed fixing. The parts are on backrder because of Covid, so thats a bummer. But over all It was a suite life whie it lasted.
- Tim Peterson, Minnesota

2021-05-10 2019 Keystone Cougar 29BHS View Listings

This is a great camper. It sleep 7 comfortably, more with younger children. It has ample space for indoor sleeping and preparing food. The water heater does quite well for heating 6 gallons at a time (both, gas and electric). An upgraded bed makes it far more comfortable in the bedroom as well. The hide-a-bed couch is comfortable. One draw back is the lack of built-in storage for clothes, but a properly stage suitcase under the bunks resolves that. All the bugs have been worked out and it operates like a champ, even the AC on a 20amp service.
- chuck sims, Texas

2021-05-10 2021 Forest River Flagstaff Micro Lite 25FBLS View Listings

Bought rpod in June of 2020, didn’t get built until October 2020. We used it two times in November 2020 and then in March of 2021 when we were going to use it the third time the refrigerator went out. Cannot get a replacement date. Service department at dealership tells us they are waiting on replacement frig and forest river will not talk to us because refrigerator was order thru dealership. So we are sitting in new camper with no refrigerator and no one will tell us when it will be replaced. Spent thousands of dollars on camper and it’s sitting in our driveway unusable. All we are asking is give us a date refrigerator will be replaced. Not happy at all with service department.
- Mike Litteral, Ohio

2021-05-09 2020 Grand Design Reflection 297RSTS View Listings

Problems. Plastic end cap on water line to the rear of the unit cracked during freezing weather. Water was all over.Had to put holes in belly cover to get water out. Plastic hardware in two drawers did not hold the drawers shut. Power cord, and power trailer input connection, burned up. Television has never worked properly. DVD input only works on the second try. Shower walls were never extended far enough to keep all water in the shower. One of the nitrogen tires blew, damaging the skirting. A plastic piece on the refrigerator broke off. The dealers technicians could never fix anything properly. Grand Design warranty people are very hard to deal with. A class action lawsuit may be in order!
- Virginia Lewis, New Mexico

2021-05-08 2021 Forest River Cherokee Grey Wolf 26DBH View Listings

This is our first travel trailer and we bought it for the floor plan and features which are good for the price range. We've had many quality issues including; head liner came loose, bedroom doors failed and could not be closed. Lighting was wired to wrong switches, panels were broken on installation and poorly covered with trim. Silicone sealant was not complete. Dealer fixed these items under warranty. (Warranty is void if you do any work yourself) Bottom line, the factory rushed this through and the QA department didn't catch obvious issues.
- John Wilkie, Washington

2021-05-07 2021 Keystone Cougar 26RBS21 View Listings

We love our 22RBS! We purchased new mid year last summer and have had no issues. I’m not sure about warranty work because we have not had any issues. We wanted a couples camper for our frequent camping trips. We are weekend warriors and this trailer is perfect for us. We have the theatre seating and no dinette. The small counter works well for us or we use a small table. This trailers storage is amazing and the king bed were big features for us. It’s a studio apartment on wheels! Someday we may want a bigger floor plan but this is perfect for us now. We travel with our cat and he loves it too. My only con is the small counter in the bathroom but it’s functional and making the bathroom bigger would impact the HUGE closet we have. We tow the trailer with a F-150, 2.7L Eco-boost with tow package. If someone is looking for a short trailer that’s packed with big features, the 22RBS is a great option. There was no option for our trailer in the drop down. This is a 22RBS.
- Denise Teague, Michigan