Travel Trailer Reviews on RV Insider (3,240)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Travel Trailer RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Randy Pollock from Texas says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2017 Forest River R-Pod RP-178 View Listings

After much research, we decided to purchase a 2017 Rpod 179 from a dealer in Mesquite, Texas. Although the dealer is approximately 300 miles from our home in San Antonio, we felt confident that the combined quality of the traler and the assurance that we "could take it to any Forrest River dealer for service"', we would be safe. (There is no Rpod dealer within a 100 miles of where we live). The first time we had a problem with the electric tongue lift not working, we found that "any Forrest River dealer" for repairs was true. In fact, even with with Forrest River's help, we were left with called Ngo numerous dealers only to say no and offer no assistance. Fortunately, I did find an area Forrest River dealer has worked very hard to help us. They were the only dealer of 6 which I called that was willing to help us. Although they are not an RPod dealer, they have done much to help us. There has been a series of issues with the RPod which have greatly undermined my confidence in my camper. So far, our 6 month old camper has had considerable problems . Beginning with a defective tongue lift, we found ourselves with a heather that was so loud, we stopped using it and plugged in a stand alone. (Reported to be a piece of packing plastic inside the unit). We have experienced a water leak which flooded the rear storage compartment.(Break at the city water inlet). An A/C unit with a part missing that makes too much noise to use until the part comes in. (2 weeks in the shop so far). Blue caulk scattered on numerous portions of the black framing. Decals beginning peel in some places. This unit sold for $22 k before discount. The most a dealer will allow on trade is $9k. We are trapped in a camper that we have no faith in manufactured by a company we have no faith in and sold by a dealer we have no faith in. If I had a do over, I would have purchased something from a local dealer and it would not have been a Forrest River product.
- Randy Pollock, Texas

2020-07-10 2015 Keystone Passport Grand Touring 2200RB View Listings

These are poorly put to gather, two years after purchasing the fridge died, come to find out they stop making them, now the back is coming apart from the roof, also the front panel is coming apart from the roof. Plz stay away from this brand.
- Ron Morgan , Michigan

2020-07-10 2014 Skyline Skycat 188B View Listings

It is a great travel trailer, for a young couple exploring the RV world, to the retired couple who just wants to take it easy and see the United States. The bed is a good size for two adults and the sofa bed is good for one adult or two kids. Bathroom is a decent size for the type of travel trailer as well as the kitchen area. Out side the awing is a great size and provides a tremendous amount of shade during the peak sunlight hours.
- Aaron, Tennessee

2020-07-09 2017 Grand Design Reflection 313RLTS View Listings

This is the most comfortable camper I have owned. I really don't have any cons.Easy to park and set up. It has many extras.Comfortable furniture well made. Couch has a very comfortable bed. Big shower, walk around bed. Huge closet with washer and dryer connections.
- Tina Crews, North Carolina

2020-07-09 2019 Heartland Mallard M27 View Listings

We absolutely love this camper, best built in this price range. Easy towing and best floorplan that suited us. No complaints whatsoever and we've owned for 1.5 years. I highly recommend this travel trailer. Once you compare to others in this price range you will be sold.
- Robert Anger , Florida

2020-07-09 2019 Venture RV SportTrek 322VBH View Listings

We Love this Trailer. The floor plan is incredible. We've pulled it over 16000 miles and it pulls well. We have upgraded the tires to Goodyear Endurance. Which I wish the factory would just install from the get go. We have had some issues but none that have made it unusable and the Manufacture has always taken care of it. They are in fact taking it after camping season to make repairs. We would by another Trailer or fifth wheel from them. Doug and Vicki
- Doug, Ohio

2020-07-09 2020 Coachmen Apex Ultra Lite 251RBK View Listings

We bought this Rv at the end of 2019. I really wanted the outdoor kitchen and this was the main reason I bought this one. I invited friends and started cooking and it started to rain. The spring activated door lifts up and kinda tilts back. The rain ran down and poured on to the cabinets and the electric skillet we were cooking on. We were also wet. Do you have a solution for this problem?. You can't cook in the elements. Just wondering if anyone else had this problem. Also when the counter top was installed a screw head came through and actually cut my husband's hand. The dealership was notified and they are ordering a new counter. We will let you know when its installed. This is our first brand new Rv. We bought a used one and had it for 3 years and loved camping.
- Rhoda Cornwell , Maryland

2020-07-09 2020 Prime Time Tracer Breeze 25RBS View Listings

Purchased the Tracer Breeze in June after being away from camping for the last 12 years. We owned 3 different travel trailers prior to this and very disappointed in this unit. Floor plan, outdoor kitchen and everything on this model looks great. When we got it home we are very disappointed in the quality. Obvious they use lighter material to get the "lite" classification, I assumed it would still be assembled well. Wrong. If you are a handy man you can fix most of the minor issues and deal with it. I worry long term will it hold up. Salesman assured us this unit was good and could handle cross country trips, I am not so sure. Paid a lot of money for a cheaply made box on wheels. We have saw dust all over the dinette from the ceiling everytime we travel. Some cabinet walls & bathroom access panel are not attached. You cannot stand or sit on the dinette when the slideout is in or it rips the whole dinette area out of the floor and is no longer attached - no they don't tell you that until you ask them to fix it and now it's your fault because you sat on it. Ours actually came that way so during showings someone sat or stood on it, salesmen don't know either. I would like to be able to use the dinette in a rest area for lunch without putting the slide out, and you can't. They just added more screws to hold it down and now cracked the base board and it still pulled out when I lost my balance and stepped on it again. Rained yesterday for the first time and yes water on the bathroom floor, have to figure out where that came from. We always put an awning over the slideout to keep the debris out of the slide mechanism, service tells us you cannot on this unit because there is nothing in the wall to attach it to. They give you great speakers inside & out. What a joke you don't need both speakers you can hear the radio thru the walls. Don't expect to play the outdoor speaker at night and have someone inside trying to sleep. Would be nice to have some sort of latch on the outdoor refrigerator so it doesn't come open in travel, it doesn't run when not connected by electricity but would stay cold for travel if it would stay closed. I am sure there will be more to follow. Just not sure how it gets such good reviews except the categories it is rating. Would not recommend and now understand why people don't keep them more then 4 years ...my opinion it won't last.
- Elaine Shaddach, Michigan

2020-07-09 2017 Forest River Salem Villa Estate 385FLB View Listings

Hi we purchased our Forest River Salem Villa Estate in 2017. We loved it so much that we drive from Michigan to Ohio because we couldn’t find this RV anywhere in Michigan. We dealt with Couch RV Nation in Ohio,which is an wholesale dealer and received a great deal! We received horrible customer service from the time we walked in for our appointment! Numerous staff just walked past us without asking if we needed help or speaking! We found our RV and pointed out to the dealer that there were numerous things that needed to be done to it before we purchased it, loose moldings, sink cover missing just to name a few things. We were told that the RV would be thoroughly inspected before delivery and that everything would be working and taken care of. It wasn’t. When they delivered our RV they didn’t even level it which we later found out would cause major problems with the new Whirlpool refrigerator and it had to be replaced twice!! We found this out by reading the owner’s manual not by the dealer. We had to pay extra for the driver to show us how to operate our new RV and he went so fast that we were still perplexed as to how things worked when he left! There has been one thing after another needing to be fixed! Too many to list!! The last straw was when the other day we were having a new propane tank installed and was told that they couldn’t hook our stove back up to the propane tank because we had a leak somewhere in the line leading up in the wall. I contacted Forest River and was told that our RV was no longer under warranty and that they were sorry that we were having so many problems with our RV!! You’d think that when you spend over $35,000.00 for a new RV that the company would stand behind their product for more than a year!! We’d never recommend Forest River or Jeff Couch RV Nation in Ohio to anyone looking to buy an RV!! So very disappointed in our whole experience!! Now we have to pay for someone to fix the problems if we want to enjoy the rest of our summer! We should receive more than just an apology from Forest River!!
- Michael May, Michigan

2020-07-08 2016 Venture RV Sonic 234VBH View Listings

Love the floor plan, bought in 2018 from an RV dealer. But like reading others, our back bathroom wall started dimpling and leaked, we took the wall apart, it was all rotted! You touched the wood and it turns to dust! Wish I could include photo’s! Looks like black mold! Luckily my husband is a talented carpenter and we are fixing, even the dimples, so disappointed after only 3 years and still making payments! Bought this in Idaho and drove up! I guess you never know what is behind those walls! As I say we love the floor plan, but would never replace with another Sonic!
- Jacqueline Hanson, Alaska

2020-07-08 2019 Heartland Pioneer BH270 View Listings

The only positive feedback I can give is, the camping experience with my family has been great, BUT I tremendously regret buying a pioneer heartland BH270. The camper is laid out great but the craftsmanship and roofing is beyond disappointment. I should have known the day that we came to pick it up there were already pieces of trim coming off. Within nine months of owning the roof started to bow up meaning the sealant was not in place like it should. With that being said we thought we would be good with a one-year warranty but because I did not read the owners manual in depth (which I will take responsibility for) and did not take it back in 90 days for an inspection. Which was never mentioned when we bought it only raves about the one year manufacture warranty for the roof/craftsmanship being replaced if anything happened. Within less than six camping trips and those being less than 1000 miles total the stabilizer went bad in the back the axles were not correctly tightened which made all tires start to where not to mention the roof needing complete repair. Manufacture did not back the roof saying it was on us for lack of maintenance had a known 90 days it needed to be checked I would have. If one cannot produce a product that is good after 90 days that’s not saying much for the products that are being produced. Save yourself the trouble of buying a camper that a manufacturer does not stand behind. If I had it to do over I would still buy a camper just not a Heartland pioneer manufactured camper.
- Autumn Snyder , Tennessee

2020-07-08 2019 Keystone Outback 340BH View Listings

Keystone does not stand behind shoddy workmanship. My shower is out of level and puddles near the entrance. Not a small puddle, sent them pics of the puddle and the base with a level showing out of level and low in the door area, they refused to honor warranty saying not manufacturer defect then please tell me what the heck it is!!!!.
- Dennis, New York

2020-07-08 2018 Forest River Salem Cruise Lite 171RB View Listings

We bought it new we used it for the first time in December of 2019 we brought it to the shop before taking it because we smelled electric short. They said no problem found. On Christmas we went to Florida everything seemed ok not the frig did not keep food frozen on gas . On the way back it was cold so we hen we stopped for a fest the furnace quit. Now it summer and we went to the Cap , turned on the air conditioning and it sounds like we have a jet engine running in the camper. Oh also the first ride out we went to Penn. and the drawers fell off there backing were they get screwed to the wall Alf all the cabinet doors were sagging. I tried to get it in for repairs on the furnace but they don’t answer or return my calls another camping world experience.
- Mike, New York

2020-07-08 2020 Forest River R-Pod RP-195 View Listings

I love this camper. I've taken it all over America. But whoever decided to use STAPLES to fasten every single thing on the interior should be FIRED! I've spent a ridiculous amount of time making repairs to the interior! Everything is stapled! The bed, the kitchen sink, the walls, everything! And it's all falling apart! Cheap and lazy! Are screws really that much money?
- Kevin, Tennessee

2020-07-07 2020 Forest River Rockwood Mini Lite 2509S View Listings

This travel trailer checked off all our boxes. Weight, space, features. The Dometic refrigerator is a constant challenge of why its beeping, still not able to run it on auto. And, the WifiRanger is a joke in one month of use we have yet to get it to connect to wifi.
- jeff, Arizona

2020-07-07 2017 Forest River Cherokee 274DBH View Listings

This RV is clean and spacious and perfect for a big family! We have owned it for two years and each time we used it, we had zero complaints it truly felt like home away from home. We are u able to travel anymore and hope someone buys and enjoys it the way we did. <3
- Lacey R, Missouri

2020-07-07 2018 Forest River Wildwood 27REI View Listings

This travel trailer has everything I wanted. The open floor plan and retro feel, gives this travel trailer a modern look. Traveling with it is smooth and easy. I’ve never had to use the warranty for anything. I haven’t had a single problem for the past 3 years. I absolutely recommend this trailer!
- Rae, California

2020-07-07 2016 Coachmen Catalina 273DBS View Listings

The Camper is very sturdy,nice inside and out. Enjoyed camping in it. My issue is on the bottom of the camper is only a thin layer of plastic to keep mice and rodents out. They chewed right through this and distroid my new camper. They have large holes where the plumbing goes in through the floor. Had red squirrels making nest in my camper for the winter, they should have used something better on the bottom side of the camper and not cut large holes for plumbing. Sealed off any holes that were their to keep Animal's out! We have Camped for years and everyone knows you have to protect for this! I guess i had expected buying Brand new camper, they would have done this by now! When talking to service dept. I was told this happens all the time! They said most likely it will be totaled!Im lucky i had insurance. Because of this issue, i will never buy another Coachmen again! Dont understand why you would build such a nice camper and be so cheap to protect your customers from the rodents that are everywere you camp??? Then when i call the service dept. They wont even work to fix it until fall. So i miss the whole year of camping!
- Larry Etts, Ohio

2020-07-07 2020 Riverside RV Retro 171DRD View Listings

BEWARE. DO NOT PURCHASE. I purchased my adorable retro in April 2020. I’m a single mom and so excited to take my daughter out glamping. This RV is literally falling apart before my eyes! The auto jack quit working, the awning fell out and we haven’t even used it, hole in the roof caused a leak and mold, the cabinet doors fall off and the screws don’t work/tighten, now the freaking shower is leaking from the inside and I just found the entire wall is RUINED. The walls are mushy and the paper coming off and I’m sure mold is next. Only a couple months and the molding falls off the seams have fallen off. This is the WORST decision I’ve ever made. I’m terrified to use it and really terrified to move it. I’m so sad and disappointed
- Terri, California

2020-07-07 2019 Heartland North Trail 24BHS View Listings

This travel trailer has been flawless. The floor plan is perfect for us. The outside kitchen was the selling. point. The quality is very good. We have used in in late fall and furnace worked fine. The only thing that could improved on is an owners manual. I believe they have an app for them now.
- chin495@aol.com, Maine

2020-07-06 2016 Forest River Flagstaff V-Lite 30WRLIKS View Listings

What a great towing experience and layout! Heat, air con and every luxury made it a true home for all 3 seasons. Roomy with big windows everywhere. The queen bedroom, closet and dresser held tons of stuff. Storage through inside and outside compartments everywhere. The fireplace, tv and sound were amazing, didn’t expect to use but enjoyed! Big awnings and handy outdoor BQ. This model with the big view windows in living room made our ‘Camping experience incredible. We shared space with 4 adults and a baby for 2 weeks and it was great fun. Beat our expectations in every way!
- Tony Severin, Idaho

2020-07-06 2016 Starcraft Launch Ultra Lite 24RLS View Listings

Ultra Lite is the key word. Its so light you don't know your towing a trailer. With added solar panels, dual batteries stay charged and power the trailer with limited metered 120vac except for AC. Dual 40gal propane powers the refrigerator and stove. Overall the Ultra Lite is a highly efficient trailer with very low cost of operation including TV, HD antennas with dozens of free channels depending on location.
- Pam Ridgway, Texas

2020-07-06 2015 KZ Spree Connect 290IKS View Listings

Bought a trailer brand new and the trailer was having issues from day one. Took it back many times to have issues fixed. Once it was off warranty found a major issue with the trailer caused by some one cutting corners at the factory. Contacted them and was told trailer is off warranty not our problem. Will never buy another unit from them until issues are fixed
- Kyle.sharp, Alberta

2020-07-06 2020 Outdoors RV Timber Ridge 24RKS View Listings

Purchased the anniversary series in December 2020. Just came back from a month long road trip. Overall, almost everything worked well. The blaring exception is the electric jack. It is going in for a second replacement. Two engineering friends said the diameter of this jack is too small for this trailer. But the factory said this was the only jack that worked with the auto levelers. I'm concerned this will happen again. The only other problems are a cabinet handle that broke because some doors are very hard to open. One cabinet divider piece is already loose because of the force needed to open the door. Some were not hung straight. The unit tows very well. All other systems work well. The 10 gallon water heater makes it possible to take a bath or a long shower. And it quickly recovers. About 20 minutes. I don't like the unsupported floor of the bathtub. Am concerned there will be problems down the road. Most cabinets are solid wood. Others are a little flimsy. If the hitch issue can be resolved, I will give an overall thumbs up. When reporting a problem to the manufacturer, it really helped to have a video of the issue.
- M. Eubanks, Oregon

2020-07-06 2018 Forest River No Boundaries NB19.5 View Listings

Bought the 19.5 NOBO since it was advertised as a trailer you can take to the wild places. We drove it from NJ to Fairbanks Alaska. In the 1st 2 weeks of highway driving the stairs fell off, the cooktop came loose, the roof peeled back and the pop out crushed the seating area whenever you powered it back into the unit. By the time we finished our route in Alaska, the door wouldn't close, and finally the frame cracked. What a piece of junk. The reps at Forest River lied to us and claimed they would get us a replacement in a few days. In the end they were not able to deliver for weeks and we were stuck in Alaska. I ended up taking a total loss and had insurance cover the loss . Forest River were useless and would not back up their product. I ended up buying a Jayco Baja trailer in Fairbanks to continue the trip. It performed well unlike the lemon I was sold by Alpin Haus in upstate NY. Don't be fooled by the NOBO advertisements showing the trailer cruising out in the wilderness. This trailer is a piece of junk. Do not buy anything from this crappy company!
- scott, New Jersey