Travel Trailers RVs Reviews on RV Insider (2,781)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Travel Trailers RVs Reviews and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of these RVs.

Randy Pollock from Texas says:

Have you owned any Travel Trailers RVs? Write a review

Voted Most Helpful Review 2017 Forest River R-Pod RP-178 View Listings

After much research, we decided to purchase a 2017 Rpod 179 from a dealer in Mesquite, Texas. Although the dealer is approximately 300 miles from our home in San Antonio, we felt confident that the combined quality of the traler and the assurance that we "could take it to any Forrest River dealer for service"', we would be safe. (There is no Rpod dealer within a 100 miles of where we live). The first time we had a problem with the electric tongue lift not working, we found that "any Forrest River dealer" for repairs was true. In fact, even with with Forrest River's help, we were left with called Ngo numerous dealers only to say no and offer no assistance. Fortunately, I did find an area Forrest River dealer has worked very hard to help us. They were the only dealer of 6 which I called that was willing to help us. Although they are not an RPod dealer, they have done much to help us. There has been a series of issues with the RPod which have greatly undermined my confidence in my camper. So far, our 6 month old camper has had considerable problems . Beginning with a defective tongue lift, we found ourselves with a heather that was so loud, we stopped using it and plugged in a stand alone. (Reported to be a piece of packing plastic inside the unit). We have experienced a water leak which flooded the rear storage compartment.(Break at the city water inlet). An A/C unit with a part missing that makes too much noise to use until the part comes in. (2 weeks in the shop so far). Blue caulk scattered on numerous portions of the black framing. Decals beginning peel in some places. This unit sold for $22 k before discount. The most a dealer will allow on trade is $9k. We are trapped in a camper that we have no faith in manufactured by a company we have no faith in and sold by a dealer we have no faith in. If I had a do over, I would have purchased something from a local dealer and it would not have been a Forrest River product.
- Randy Pollock, Texas

2020-01-24 2020 Keystone Cougar 32RLI View Listings

We spent 12 years reviewing and looking for the perfect RV for our needs. This company has nailed it. Knock on wood, but so far, minor complications, and I have to say I have spoken to one young man ,whom was extremely helpful, we have had a company locally whom are certified warranty repair company, and no problems with customer service thus far. We do have minor issues with motorized stabilizer, and our TV wont go out of closed caption. That part of entire system is locked out. Otherwise, all has been fantastic, best experience with our dealership, Chilhowee in Knoxville, TN. Thanks to both companies for all of their service.
- Debbie McGrory, Florida

2020-01-23 2019 Forest River Rockwood Ultra Lite 2606WS View Listings

We love the trailer. We bought it for a one month trip and haven't used since because we also have a boat and have limited time to camp.The trailer is everything we love and would highly recommend it to anyone. All quality items and many extras
- Pat omeara, Florida

2020-01-23 2020 Keystone Passport 2950BHWE View Listings

Layout is great, features are good. Quality is 7/10. These could be drastically improved with a bit of workmanship. 1 trip out, the door to the bedroom fell off in transit. The booth is coming apart. You can tell these are thrown together as fast as possible. I will repair myself and not under warranty because I prefer to do things right. Too bad I can’t include pics to back up what I’m stating. Come on Keystone 🤨
- John Kaser, Oklahoma

2020-01-23 2020 Forest River Surveyor 287BHSS View Listings

We use our trailer primarily in the winter for skiing and purchased this trailer specifically for the arctic package. Unfortunately since purchase we have dealt with 6 + weeks of our brand new trailer being in the shop attempting to get the furnace to function and heat. Forest River has not provided prompt warranty work and at this stage still has no answer in terms of solving this problem. No lemon laws for trailers. I would recommend no one purchases a Forest River Surveyor until they are able to figure out this problem. Hoping this review will get Forest Rivers attention and start returning our phone calls. Forest River, Surveyor, Arctic Package, 4 season, RV Lemon law, Best trailers for winter camping
- Annie Garske , Washington

2020-01-22 2017 Forest River Surveyor 33KRETS View Listings

If it were not for the lay out of the pull camper from the bath to the back end we would trade it in a heart beat, and not a Forest Rivers brand. Our experience has been a night mare. We have had our camper since March 2018. Have used it maybe 6-7 times and every time we have had a problem. The first 4 times we tried to use it we had to drive 200 miles back to Mid State to their service department.Where we had bought it. The number of problems are to numerous and involved to go into detail. Briefly a few of the problems: kitchen sink looked like a 2 yr. Child had installed it. major water problem. Water was thrown into camper while driving in the rain, electrical problems 3 times back to Mid State service dept. Never was fixed, yet our son )found it as soon as we described the problem, This week we planned a well earned R & R week, What happens the commode started leaking leaking again & this had been checked by M.S. SERV.DEPT. before the warranty went out. Now we are having to fix the commode leak just a few moments ago a new leak has been found coming into the bedroom from maybe the lavatory. Not related to commode leak. I also would like to say we are not people that do not take care of things, nor are we people that do not live with out the guidance of The Good Lord, we just wanted you to know that we believe we have purchased a poor quality of camper Nothing more. RECOMEND YOUR BRAND OF CAMPERS UNLESS THE GOOD LORD SHOWS US DIFFERENTLY WE WILL BE GETTING ANOTHER BRAND OF CAMPER SHOULD WE BE FINANCIALLY ABLE.
- Sellers, Georgia

2020-01-22 2020 Dutchmen Kodiak Cub 198BH View Listings

Bought a new 2020 Kodiak Cub last summer to upgrade from a Jayco 17.5 hybrid. Will never own a hybrid or popup again. The first weekend, we blew a thermistor on the water heater and I wasn't a happy camper. But our dealer rushed us in for service, fixed the problem and had us back out the door within 72 hours. Happy camper again. After four more trips in the Cub we finished out the summer with no further issues whatsoever. It is outfitted with quality components, comfortable features and excellent fit/finish. Tanks are larger than I expected, including two propane tanks. Heat warms well and A/C cools great as the seasons change. The underside is sealed and heated for colder weather if you need it. I would recommend one to anybody looking in this size range.
- Doug Mosley, Pennsylvania

2020-01-22 2017 Jayco Jay Feather 25BH View Listings

We bought a new jay feather travel trailer in 2017. We love the lay out of the bunkhouse trailer. The first year while traveling out of state one axel bent and had to be replaced. Water lines broke and leaked onto the carpet staining the light carpet black. Jayco Warranty said the customer must have over-packed the trailer? Huh... must have been all those gold bars we have. They finally paid for the axel. Then the next year the 2nd axel broke and we lost a wheel while traveling out of state. Thankfully we had an extended warranty through another company. Each time The axel broke we were in limbo somewhere in the US waiting 3 weeks for the axel to come from Indiana. After axel #2 was finally replaced we completed our trip to Az only to find the water tank cracked, the faucet leaking and the water hose intake valve leaking so into the shop for repairs. Its always something with this trailer. We are afraid to take it anywhere..... selling it as soon as we can and won’t buy another Jayco.
- Carol Petersen, Illinois

2020-01-22 2013 Riverside RV White Water 155 Retro View Listings

Our family grew up doing all of our camping in this little trailer. It has everything that our small family needed to camp comfortably in most of California's camp grounds. Short enough to meet any length limits and just enough storage to let us enjoy a weekend without needing to refill or dump. Great little trailer!
- John, California

2020-01-21 2019 Outdoors RV Timber Ridge 25RDS View Listings

We love our Timber Ridge. There were 9-weekend getaway trips last year and no issues. I am meticulous with quality and there were none to report. Of course, there are improvements, but I emailed those to their customer service. The overall quality of the trailer is great. The rear dinette table is huge and provides room for four adults. The 25RDS has a huge window in the rear that gives it a nice touch especially when we are backed up next to a river. Theater seating was a must for lounging on those Pacific Northwest raining days. I would recommend upgrading to the gel-infused memory foam mattress. We sleep better then we do at home. Improvements in covering the switchboard for the pump, awning, etc. would a nice touch like in the Titanium Series. 2020 improved the access to the black and grey water T-handles with the kayak style access ports. This is a solid trailer for the quality feel of a fifth wheel. I read a lot of these reviews. Those who had bad experiences and call Outdoor RV travel trailers junk, I wish they had a better experience. We are looking at upgrading to the 2020 280KVS Titanium Series.
- Don C, Oregon

2020-01-21 2020 KZ Sportsmen 251RL View Listings

OK- This is my second KZ and my first fifth wheel trailer. Had an MXT toy hauler that worked OK for one person and a H-D. Now we are two so on to a larger unit. I got the Sportsmen because, for one, it is light and tow-able with my half ton. We are content for now but I will say here, I wish I had bought Grand Design. Here is why: 1. I trusted my dealer assertions on insulation. The Climate Package decal is nice but that is all. There is No Climate Package!!! The bed is above the hitch and stays cold all the time. 2.The heat ducts for bed and bath may as well not exist. They do not convey heat. 3.The entire unit is drafty all the time. The walls and windows condense moisture at outside temps below 50 F. There Will Be water damage from this moisture. 4.The "heated pass through" is not heated. And it is poorly finished and rough. 5. Propane consumption requires an additional electric heat source. 6. The digital Device Control is a pain. 7. The drawers are short and do not accommodate utensils. 8. Waste tanks are not heated. KZ has put perfume on a pig with fancy lighting, funky fireplace and a stainless sink. They clearly do not have an interest in quality construction. The expensive theater seating is not anchored and slides around almost at will. We needed a rear hitch so for a bunch more money the dealer put one on. Problem is, it's 27 inches off the ground. It will require a custom minimum 15 inch drop ball mount if I can use it at all. That being said, the living space is adequate for two. I think we can get around the faults until I can move up to a Grand Design Reflections. We have lived in this for one month so we will learn more and perhaps have a different view going forward. In the campgrounds we see many Grand Design and almost no KZ; 10 to 1. That is a statement in itself.
- Larry S. Budzien, Wisconsin

2020-01-21 2020 Grand Design Imagine 2250RK View Listings

Loved our travel trailer, but unfortunately we were only able to take one short trip in it. Now we have to sell due to a family medical emergency. I would have lived in it, that’s how comfortable I was. I will really miss it snd that week my spouse snd I shared together.
- Lori Harrelson, Nevada

2020-01-21 2018 Jayco Eagle 330RSTS View Listings

We love our trailer. It's had a few issues but so far all fixed under warranty. One thing all manufacturers need to do in building is put the residential refrigerators were they can be pulled out to work on. Shouldn't have to take to dealer for an appliance tech to work on. It's obvious that they will need repairs. The king size bed is great, but to damn hard to get around and make the bed. Room needs to be a bit bigger so you can get in and out of bed without crawling around. Some of us are to old to crawl in and out.
- Sherry Gutierrez, Texas

2020-01-20 2018 Airstream Classic 33FB View Listings

This is our first Camper. We bought it after Hurricane Michael. It has everything you could want in a Home except a dishwasher. We enjoyed the Fall leaves in the Mountains and in Fall on our Beach in PCB. Everyone wants to see it because it is such a Classic, but it’s luxurious. We have a Movie screen and Bose Surround sound. Power Recliners,Dinette Table and Bed! And another TV in our Cozy BR! The Bathroom is roomy and plenty of storage. No issues pulling it or parking! For our experience in Camping, couldn’t have been better.
- Cynthia Holt, Florida

2020-01-20 2017 Lance Lance 2155 View Listings

I bought my lance from a dealer that promised the world. However when I had an accident which was not my fault, I took it to a reputable shop to fix the unit. The shop ordered the right parts and the Lance sent the wrong ones, not once but twice! They are the worst company to deal with if you ever need to repair your RV. Awful!!!
- Bob Falkowski , Florida

2020-01-20 2019 Heartland Pioneer QB300 View Listings

DO NOT BUY! Pros: floor plan. Cons: Sewer vent is almost inside the bathroom exhaust vent, so close that a vent cover cannot be installed and when parked with the wind from the rear the smell of feces fills the camper. The hot water heater cannot have an anode installed by design and it fermented while sitting over 3 months getting a leaking tub drain fixed. Now the water smells of sulfur and stinks the camper up terrible. The AM/FM radio didn't have an antenna connected. The furnace failed twice in the first 3 weeks. Back to the tub leak, the pea trap under it hit the floor and the tub had no support so it leaked. This despite two huge holes cut in the floor to accommodate the pea trap, they missed. Some of the panneling is pealing back it's so thin. Summary: The poor design, shoddy workmanship and cheap materials are appalling.
- Jim, Texas

2020-01-20 2019 Palomino Puma 31QBBH View Listings

THE BAD - Roof leaked before first road trip. Shower leaked first time used. Low point drain valve leaked profusely first time out. Refrigerator would not cool down below 40 degrees. Main slide out bottom wooden frame support was broken in two places. After careful examination of the outer shell found silicon smeared all over the camper. Overall very disappointing purchase, seems that quality is way down on the list. It could be we just happen to get a LEMON. THE GOOD - Pulls pretty good. Nice living floor plan. Love the spacious shower.
- Sidney Fee, Kentucky

2020-01-20 2017 Coachmen Apex Ultra-Lite 215RBK View Listings

Too many manufactures quality defects. Manufactures warranty for ONE YEAR ? Actually here in canada , weather only permits us to use our RV 5 months of summer weather. So only some manufactures defects were covered by warranty for those 5 months of use. I will be replacing this rv with another brand that offers 3 year warranty .
- Gord, Manitoba

2020-01-20 2020 Jayco Eagle HT 284BHOK View Listings

Jayco stalls and keeps you waiting on any of the warranty work being done. I will never buy another jayco do to the way we have been treated. Quality camper I do live it but the customer support is a one star. It’s sad, after Thor bought this once family owned business it went down hill.
- Tony Becerra, Indiana

2020-01-19 2017 Keystone Cougar 26SABWE View Listings

Bought new, several things broke after a few uses. Cheap wood, screws pulling out of cabinets doors, missing and broken parts, broken kitchen exhaust, Santiflush stopped working to name a few. Poor quality, cheapest materials, very poor workmanship. Uncomfortable couches and chairs, bad living room lay out. Don’t walk away. Run!
- Shawn, Colorado

2020-01-19 2016 Forest River Vibe 221RBS View Listings

We had good experience overall with our 2016 Vibe 221RBS having only 1 warranty repair for cable under slide out .... quality is good and like the high end appliances as well. This is a good camper for a couple and it tows nice.
- Shawn Wood, North Carolina

2020-01-19 2018 Winnebago Winnie Drop 170S View Listings

The Winnebago Winnie Drop is the perfect size for a couple to explore the country and is easy to tow with the sway bars we bought. We get many double takes and many thumbs up because of the retro styling. It has a lot of storage under the bench seats and the closet in the bathroom fits a lot of clothing and extra storage also. We love the awning with LED lights and the stereo speakers inside and outside. We upgraded the TV to a larger smart TV and upgraded the mattress. It is our home away from home with all the conveniences.
- Sharon and Randy Fischer, Wisconsin

2020-01-18 2017 Grand Design Reflection 315RLTS View Listings

We brought our Brand New Grand Design Solitued 2017 RV.The floor plan is great! Alot of room,5 slides! We are fulltime campers. Our Problem is getting things FIXED! THAT'S OUR BIGGEST PROBLEM!! Manager in Service Department @ Dixie RV.in Calera AL. He's incompetent! He says he'll get things fixed. Never did Parts take forever,or he just forget to order! They order wrong parts,wrong size,wrong color,they measured it twice! That happened to us three times.I made an appointment with him 2 month in advance. We left early in morning to get the there on time. We made our 88 mile trip, Only for him to say he forgot and Can't take you today. Can you come back next week. That's over 175 miles round trip pulling our RV. Plus the cost of gas. When you get back home you lost your whole day! We have had things broken for over 2 years. These problems still exist today and haven't been resolved. We have leaks,mold in dining area, mold underbed,mold in closet,mold behind couch. Big drawer underbed broken & drags. My husband literally has to pick up big drawer and place it on top of bed so slide can come in. Closet doors keeps coming off track,our microwave went out,big window needs replacing & never done. The recliner that's supposed to warm doesn't work. As well as a few other things. Traveling around we missed our forever warranty by a few weeks. Service Manger said sorry your Forever warranty is void. So I called talked to someone in Corporate office about that. They said oh that's not a big deal! We would still honor your For Ever Warranty! Told him about the service manger at Dixie, he didn't want to. So now No warranty. I have work orders for what should of been done and never was, even when it was under warranty. Very dissatisfied with service from Dixie RV in Calera AL. Would I recommended a Grand Design solitude. yes DO NOT BUY A RV.FROM DIXIE RV!
- Mrs. Lea Tillman, Alabama

2020-01-18 2019 Keystone Cougar Half-Ton 26RKS View Listings

Purchased a cougar 26RKS after owning a Bullet Premier 22RBS. We settled on the Cougar after reviewing several models, quality reviews, features and floor plans. We have now owned our trailer for about 1 year and have camped some 30-40 days, on about 10 trips. What we most like about it is the floor plan: for a 26ft RV we find the floor plan spacious, seating in front of the TV is great, we like the fireplace, good size bathroom and king size bed. Rear kitchen for us works best and we like having two doors to access bedroom and kitchen. Outside fridge did not come with a turn-off switch, which makes it difficult to disconnect, and the capital grill is not as useful as a stove would have been, but we can still get some use out of it. Unlike some owners, we have not had any major structural or furnace issues. So far we have also not experienced failures with air conditioner, stabilizers or appliances. Cabinets are holding up well although we do need to secure doors with brackets before we travel. No leaks or wall paper issues reported with exception of a strip that peeled off during travel but we were able to glue it back easily. Like with any trailer, husband proactively greases bearings, check stabilizers, inspect roof and checks tire pressure before we travel, and so far we have not had any issues with towing or with tires. I would consider a Cougar again and do recommend this model. That being said, where you buy it matters, and there are a few areas where Keystone could improve greatly. TV cable disconnected from antena somewhere inside the walls a few weeks after purchase. We considered taking to a local dealer but given the service reviews of the closet choice - Camping World, and the likelihood that would take several weeks to repair, we decided to attempt repair ourselves before we would bring it in. We fished the wire out of the wall and secured correctly after a few tries. We blame this one on quality control during assembly. In comparison with the Bullet Premier, my husband complains about towability of the trailer - it is not as smooth due to poor air dynamics, so it drags significantly more. Toilet water seal was not aligned to hold water. After a couple calls to the dealer and watching a few videos, we were able to make adjustments to the shutting mechanism; it has since been working well. We blame this one on quality inspection at both Keystone and Dealer. Back kitchen window crank is too large for the window and is actually useless. We have to remove it and open the window manually if needed - a design flaw. The manual of trailers is usually not adequate for the model or appliances that come with it. It serves mostly as a guide, not a manual - a poor consideration to customer service and likely a result of cost cutting. We referred to the manual a few times and could not find specific information on troubleshooting or maintenance for the equipment we had in our trailer. Air conditioner works well, but is loud! For a $30,000+ unit, I wish keystone would upgrade to an A/C unit less noisy. We sometimes have to turn-off the AC to watch TV. We boon-docked in the fall and while attempting to refill the fresh water tank, we realized that we can’t just poor water in it, It actually requires pressure to be refilled - ridiculous concept when you may not have power to generate the pressure, nor the tools to do it. We had to pull the trailer out of the campsite to the nearest water station. Inconvenient design flaw; we will need to bring a battery pump next time. In-Command system is not as useful and helpful as intended and advertised. It does not measure tank levels accurately, requires a PIN nuumber EVERYTIME we need to access the panel and does not allow to remove this requirement in settings. Does not allow for more than one device to sync at the same time, which makes difficult to manage. It disconnects frequently, does not read battery life correctly, touch screen is not very responsive - need to press on slowly and firmly for it to work. The app does not allow for fingerprint of Face ID unlock - PIN required everytime as well. I am not impressed with the InCommand system, Keystone has long ways to go with this product. The mattress as in many trailers had to be replaced - not comfortable to most people I must say. The tension blinds across all windows are terrible! Tension changes during travel and need to be adjusted all the time. There are 5 across the trailer and all have issues. The screws holding the tension are not on studs and can’t support the tension. When you are able to raise the blinds, they look crooked. Terrible design - wish Keystone would use roller or built-in gliding blinds. We are currently considering replacing all blinds. Manual advises to lower the dinner table during travel. I wish keystone would start installing adjustable tables to make lowering/raising easier. It is a job to get the rods off the table and assemble again. Overall, good trailer but not without flaws.
- Thays Pritchard, Tennessee

2020-01-18 2020 Highland Ridge RV Open Range Conventional OT26BHS View Listings

We just bought ours 2 months ago. Worst purchase im my life. 2nd day we had it the heater stopped working, in winter. 2nd heater in now is melting the floor around vents now it wont shut off even if u turn the whole sw System down at wall panel.U cant have TV on with anything else. Fireplace nope blew fuze, TV and vacuum nope blew again. Now the floor is separating, crappy quality for 75,000.
- Lauren White, Idaho