Travel Trailers RVs Reviews (2,548)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Travel Trailers RVs Reviews and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of these RVs.

Randy Pollock from Texas says:

Have you owned any Travel Trailers RVs? Write a review

Voted Most Helpful Review 2017 Forest River R-Pod RP-178 View Listings

After much research, we decided to purchase a 2017 Rpod 179 from a dealer in Mesquite, Texas. Although the dealer is approximately 300 miles from our home in San Antonio, we felt confident that the combined quality of the traler and the assurance that we "could take it to any Forrest River dealer for service"', we would be safe. (There is no Rpod dealer within a 100 miles of where we live). The first time we had a problem with the electric tongue lift not working, we found that "any Forrest River dealer" for repairs was true. In fact, even with with Forrest River's help, we were left with called Ngo numerous dealers only to say no and offer no assistance. Fortunately, I did find an area Forrest River dealer has worked very hard to help us. They were the only dealer of 6 which I called that was willing to help us. Although they are not an RPod dealer, they have done much to help us. There has been a series of issues with the RPod which have greatly undermined my confidence in my camper. So far, our 6 month old camper has had considerable problems . Beginning with a defective tongue lift, we found ourselves with a heather that was so loud, we stopped using it and plugged in a stand alone. (Reported to be a piece of packing plastic inside the unit). We have experienced a water leak which flooded the rear storage compartment.(Break at the city water inlet). An A/C unit with a part missing that makes too much noise to use until the part comes in. (2 weeks in the shop so far). Blue caulk scattered on numerous portions of the black framing. Decals beginning peel in some places. This unit sold for $22 k before discount. The most a dealer will allow on trade is $9k. We are trapped in a camper that we have no faith in manufactured by a company we have no faith in and sold by a dealer we have no faith in. If I had a do over, I would have purchased something from a local dealer and it would not have been a Forrest River product.
- Randy Pollock, Texas

2019-10-15 2015 Keystone Hideout 26RLS View Listings

I purchased this trailer new in the winter or 2015. It has proven to be a pure lemon and must have been made on a Monday or Friday. Problems include: 1. The air conditioner was not working on our first camping trip and had to be repaired. 2. There were a whole string of small repairs that had to be made on the same trip back to the dealer we made to fix the air conditioner. 3. The first major trip the roof developed a serious leak that became clear when we were 700 miles from home. Had to do a field repair with the usual roof repair putty. 4. The dealer did a followup repair when we returned home, but damage was already done and we didn't realize it. One year later we had a major roof failure and the first foot or so of the membrane came loose. The problem was clearly related to an overdriven screw that had created the original leak. The frame did not dry out and rotted creating the more serious problem in 2016. The repair cost me nearly $2000 and Keystone refused to cover the repair under warranty. Worse, I wrote them a followup letter after they denied the claim on the phone and they never even showed the common courtesy to answer my letter. 5. It is not clear if this is an original problem, but the tires on one axle of the trailer are now worn out due to an alignment problem. I suspect they were bad to begin with because it is the rear axle and it is hard to imagine how the real axle could get pushed out of alignment and the front axle did not. 6. It has become apparent the trailer has a fundamental design flaw. There are multiple ways to jam the mechanism for the slideout that can cause damage. We haven't totally messed it up, but it no longer works optimally because we jammed in by accident more than once. 7. This trailer originally came without a spare tire and a hand crank for the hitch. I quickly learned both were essential and costing me around $500 that should have been unnecesary. In any case, I would never ever recommend anyone buy a trailer made by Keystone. This trailer is a piece of junk, and the company was totally unresponsive to my complaints. I'm planning to replace it in the next year, but I surely will not consider anything made by Keystone after this experience.
- Gary Pavlis, Indiana

2019-10-15 2017 Keystone Outback Ultra-Lite 240URS View Listings

Purchased this 240 foor the cargo space upfront for our English Mastiff and XL Crate it hauls perfect light weight great comfort easy set up wish there were a few more electrical outlets but overall for looks comfort, roominess 5/5
- Mike Reed, Alabama

2019-10-15 2018 Jayco Hummingbird 17RB BAJA View Listings

I decided to treat myself and buy a new RV. MISTAKE when I purchased a Hummingbird 17’ rv. The quality is poor, the refrigerator does not keep a constant temperature, the right tail light didnt work properly, the curtain broke first time it was used, NONE of the storage compartment doors are fitted correctly, SO, if it rains hard, the compartments flood and consequently the floor inside the living space floods too, the 1 storage drawer in kitchen slide was broken before we even used it. If you’re anywhere close to 6’ tall, dont buy, your head will hit pne wall and your feet the other.😢
- Elna Platz, Florida

2019-10-14 2018 Dutchmen Aerolite 2843BH View Listings

2018: This RV was like an expensive watercraft. And by that, I mean it leaked from every orifice. Every window, every door(3 of them including the back behind the bunks), the windows in the doors, every hatch, the sunlights in the roof and even through the refridgerator vent. Some of the seals were installed upside down and some of them had finger impressions in the sealant that acted like four little funnels, two hands worth, to let the water inside. No joke, every opening in the skin leaked. The fridge leak was so bad that the wood swelled up and rotted completely and every trim strip swelled up from water. They are only sawdust covered in pretty tape after all. The strip lighting in the front end, outside and inside the storage bay fell off within a month. Now we bought this RV brand new and only had it for 1 year. It spent the majority of that time in the shop trying to locate and repair the leaks and the damage.I carried many, many extra towels to soak up water because we had obligations to travel for most of the spring. We would go out for a weekend, drop it off at the shop on our way back, pick it up 2 or 3 weeks later, rinse, repeat. The dealer tried their best to fix it, but we ended up paying a relatively small amount of money for the manufacturer to take the 2018 back as a complete failure and get us into a 2019 replacement. 2019 replacement, also 2843BH: Now with this one, only two windows and the door windows leaked. Fairly easy fix, including one window completely replaced due to a broken internal seal. We've had this one since February 2019. It has been in the shop three times, including right now. They have come to our house 3 times, including to replace and fix window leaks. The first roadtrip findings: the fridge circuit board wired backwards, burned up before purchadse but unknown yet. The water heater blow out valve has been replaced 3 times, still leaks.The sunroof in kitchen was installed so poorly it was warped sideways, replaced. The drain in the shower had no support, snapped in 2 at the seam the first time in the shower. Leaked enough to come out of the bottom of the trailer. Luckily my husband was outside and noticed. Not a weight issue. Replaced and supported. Auto level system has never worked. Shop opens underpinning, finds that it has only one screw in each sensor and the sensor moves everytime you pull the trailer. More hardware, still doesn't work. Shop tries reset several times. Raises the trailer high enough to pop the shackles on the right axles. In the shop right now trying to fix. Most recent trip, slideout stops after 12" of travel. Error message says battery low.Shore power connected and battery at 13 volts. Almost every trip the panel will not start up. Thinks the trailer is still moving. Have to disconnect battery to reset control panel. The drawer under the aft dining table seat was assembled so poorly it had come apart at the seams. The brace that it slides on was screwed in without holding it down so the screws just pushed up away from the floor. Luckily my husband is a cabinet guy. The closet door is so warped that the MFG tried to hide it by re-drilling the hinge screws out of line. Door fell off frame first trip. The shop re-hangs the door in attempt to help it work. Needs new door and then probably new door facing/hinge side. The license plate holder was installed right next to the shore power plug. And I mean nearly on top of it. The plate could not be installed. They had to install a second plate holder on the opposite side. Now we have an extra plate holder:) I'm not listing the minor issues and cosmetic issues that either we or the shop were able to repair or fix. And there were several, especially on the 2018. The dealer really excelled on getting the second one ready...except that annoying fridge that only worked on propane because the circuit board was fried and we didn't figure it out until the propane tank was empty:( Our dealer is really trying to fix the issues on this trailer, but they are so very numerous and most are not minor in nature. This trailer is just completely unacceptable in quality. I almost want to find out if it was built on a Monday, if you get me. The cosmetic flaws would be correctable but these have major systems failing straight off of the assembly line. Completely unacceptable for this price point. Highly do not recommend. Very dissatisfied.
- Kathy Allbright, Texas

2019-10-14 2019 Prime Time Lacrosse 3311RK View Listings

We love this travel trailer .. only thing I'm struggling with is the fridge .. we winter camp, but I cant figure out how to shut the fridge off without shutting the complete trailer down .. any suggestions .. thks
- Melinda Pelley , Alberta

2019-10-14 2018 Keystone Cougar 29BHS View Listings

This Keystone model is perfect in so many ways - king bed in the master, full main living closet, 50" HDTV, vaulted ceilings, central air AND heat, full over full size bunk beds and a good size bathroom. Comfortably fits a family of 4-6. Auto leveling makes hitching and stabilizing a breeze!
- Stevie Rhiannon, Colorado

2019-10-14 2014 Forest River Flagstaff Classic Super Lite 832IKBS View Listings

Within 6 mo of purchase tv didn't work, radio received hardly any stations,antenna mounted on side,no wonder. They replaced tv,booster and sent a kit to not use radio antenna but to splice off of tv Antenna, still bad radio reception anywhere,bad tv reception anywhere. Was told by a retired friend who sold coaches and travel trailers you never split the signal of either. Have had on going mouse problems(getting in the unit at 2 different locations) upon trying to solve the problem, found many places where holes drilled in floors and wall for pipes or wires, were not caulked or sealed. To this day I cannot seem to correct the problem. Seems to be poor workmanship and/ or in quality control. I believe the radio is simply a cheap unit as I can sit outside the units in my truck and receive near 30 stations well, while in the unit lucky to get up to 7 at best,tv forget that. This is my 3rd travel unit,1st new purchase,never figured having these kind of problems. Kind of disappointed with the quality of components and workmanship at Forest river/flagstaff.
- Mark robinson, Wisconsin

2019-10-13 2019 Venture RV SportTrek 290VIK View Listings

I would like to start by saying we love the camper and its layout. MODEL 290VIK. In that being said, I would think when you pay over 32,000.00 for a trailer the quality would have been better. I would like to state the issues I had, the first the freezer door was dented and the unit is not sitting in the spot correctly, the refrigerator door was so out of alignment it was hitting the trim on the bottom the side the door opens on. (pic) The shelving on the counter area had no support, the area where the hot water tank sits had a support that was short and wasn’t mounted (pic) Two of the screws that hold the blinds came out. (I had to fix) The chair had to get repaired had a rip in the material. (Dealers idea) (Should have been able to get replaced) Had two add trim along the table seat as you could see the jagged edge from the saw cut. The support that the couch was made out of 2 x 4’s were stapled and was very un-stable. All I had to do was screw the boards together to provide the support that was needed. Poor design / craftsmanship. The water fitting for the toilet was not tightened properly causing the fitting to leak water, I had to tighten. The sink in the bathroom is set back so far you hit your head on the cupboard above. The cupboard above is mounted to low as you cannot even see yourself in the mirror without bending over. Hence causing head to hit cupboard. The holes that were drilled for the rivets that hold the shower walls up were on an angle so the rivet doesn’t seat properly. This could allow water to get behind them. ( I told the dealer but they were of no help with this) Poor craftsmanship. The inside of the shower where they caulked along the back of the door were the door is mounted was done poorly, areas where there is no caulking Poor craftsmanship (pic) There is a hole under the shower for the plumbing, this hole was made to large as you could see it if you bumped the shower basin with your foot, I had to mount a piece of wood behind to correct it. (Check if have pic) The converter for the electrical in the bathroom cupboard is causing the metal objects in that cupboard to corrode, top hinge and also the toilet holder I mounted in that cupboard. Told dealer he replaced the hinge and didn’t correct the cause (pic) what are you going to do to correct this? Air flow to the bedroom was poor, found a piece of foil blocking the vent (pic) The stabilizer jacks are mounted on a piece of metal that mounts to the trailer Poor design / craftsmanship doesn’t keep the trailer from shaking. (had to remount myself) (pic) The screws that hold the caps onto the awning were stripped, I had to put rivets. Hood vent for stove was mounted with screws that were on such an angle it didn’t hit the wood to hold it up. I had to fix this issue. There were two holes that were not filled with foam that lead to the outside. The floor has sticky spots all over I had to get it removed. (Dealer should have had this covered) This is a 30 foot camper and you supply a 30 foot cord unable to connect to the electrical without having to use another cord. Poor design on the electrical cord location. (Tried to get dealer to provide a longer cord and I would pay the difference wouldn’t do it) Poor location on the city water hookup. One electrical outlet on the outside of the camper located at the back of the trailer when would this ever get used. Why wouldn’t it be under the awning area where ever other manufacture puts them? If I had to rate this camper I would give it a 2 star rating because of all the things I had to do to get this camper in working order, if it wasn’t for me knowing how to make these corrections someone would have had to have this at the dealer for several weeks to get this completed. SAD If they would have taken some pride in their work many of these issues could have been avoided and not occurred.
- Wiliam Neumann, Michigan

2019-10-13 2020 Forest River Salem Villa 42DL View Listings

When we first saw the layout we loved it. Wow factor. We didnt find many reviews on this trailer. Saw some small issues with it but thought it was dueable. Now that we are living in it I will never buy a Forest River trailer again. Not enough cupboards,or drawers in the kitchen. The smallest oven I have ever used. You cant regulate the temperature of the oven. The burners dont really have a simmer. Leakes in the bathroom,no storage, cheap furniture,,the door in bedroom you can see outside around the frame,the front door is a sliding glass door. Screen door was bent when we put it on.The shade screen is a pull down one. Just not user friendly when you have to pull it down and up all the darn time. All around not a good deal for what we paid for it. The workmanship is shawdy at best. Would not recommend this trailer at all. Who ever designed this needs to talk with people who have lived in trailers.
- Christina Noffsinger, Oregon

2019-10-13 2019 Starcraft Autumn Ridge 21FB View Listings

We purchased our Starcraft this season after our Viking was totaled by a falling tree. We had enjoyed the Viking and were looking for the same layout (Front queen, couch and dinette rear) since that had worked so well for us. Although it's essentially the same floorplan, we think the Viking was more livable. The Starcraft has a wider "hallway", but at the expense of the bathroom. It's tiny and the vanity is small. Also, there's plenty of room for a larger medicine cabinet, but they put a small one in. We'll be adding shelf space ourselves. The Starcraft also has an extra window in the bedroom for decent cross ventilation (we're not big on AC), but with this little perk, it's at the expense of counter space in the kitchen. There's a whopping 11 inches. If it had come with a cover for the stovetop to improve counter space that would help. That's another thing we'll be adding ourselves. The Starcraft does have an oven if you like that sort of thing. But I personally think it's a waste of space. I never use it to cook. The bedroom closets are a little too short, heightwise. My shirts and jackets *just* fit. This seems to be another shortcoming that happened because they "improved" something else. There is plenty of nightstand area, but I think I prefer the taller closet. The bed is a pain to make either way. In comparison to our Viking the Starcraft is short on storage overall inside. I think the storage compartment up front might be slightly larger, and it has a light. As for quality of the construction, I have no complaints yet. Hooking up and towing are working as expected, so no complaints there either. Overall, the Starcraft is fine, but the short storage and close bathroom quarters could be greatly improved. I gave it five stars on the factory support, but as of now it should be an N/A since we haven't had an issue to report.
- MPB, Michigan

2019-10-13 2018 Winnebago Winnie Drop 1910 View Listings

RV sellers insist we should accept poor quality workmanship And obvious dismissive view of the RV buyer. It shouldn't be care and consideration and Show of pride in your product only gets applied to expensive RV and their buyers. If American RV makers Could only feel the need to up the quality of their products to the standards seen in Europe and Australia we will all be better from it. It's old and tiring to see RVs today looking as if they were made 40 years ago. Hope to see changes soon.
- jfc.cahi@yahoo.com, California

2019-10-13 2020 Forest River Wildwood FSX 179DBK View Listings

Used it one time and has been in the shop for 2 and half weeks at Funtown RV in Cleburne Texas because siding is messed up and the workmanship from the factory cut so many corners in quality of manufacturing ! No exhaust fan in bathroom, drawer won’t stay closed, front of refrigerator is coming off, trim outside is coming off, plywood under couch is gone , plywood under bench seats is not cut square or the sent box is out of square , no towel racks in trailer anywhere, no shades in bunk bed windows and you can see easily right in trailer ! Funtown has had our trailer longer than we have being we just bought it at the end of August and we can’t even get any information other than excuses !!!!
- William Gibson , Texas

2019-10-12 2019 Prime Time Lacrosse 3311RK View Listings

We bought a brand new lacrosse towable rv At general rv in Florida. While towing it back home to Tennessee we stopped at a rv park And tried to set up. The jack did not work so we called a rv mechanic and it cost us $80.00 for him to manually get the travel trailer of the hitch because it locked up ( 6 hours after picking it up from general rv in Florida). We called general rv and they said they only sell them, they don’t warranty them. We got it home and then called the manufacturer and was told we would have to bring it to one of their service dealers. The problem with this is there isn’t anyone in Tennessee. We would have to tow it to Florida or Ohio. Totally unacceptable. So we are having to pay a local repair place about $280 for a new jack. Would never recommend this manufacturer or dealer.
- Ray jenkins, Tennessee

2019-10-11 2020 Forest River R-Pod RP-190 View Listings

Purchased April 2019,has to take the RV back to Empire RV I Liberty Texas, dropped off the trailer in August, still waiting on simple parts from Forest River. Invest your hard earned money with a different manufacturer. I am making second RV payment on the trailer since I dropped the trailer at Empire RV in liberty Texas. I have had to cancel a couple of trips, tailgating trip and camping trip. The bathroom vanity fell off the bathroom wall, damaging the bathroom door, shower curtain, and shower base. Forest River needs to be educated on paneling anchors, these anchors won't hold the weight of the bathroom vanity, need to install support wall framing behind the vanity. Can't fix Stupid.
- Thomas Quinn, Texas

2019-10-11 2013 Keystone Bullet Premier Ultra Lite 19FBPR View Listings

We bought that RV end of April 2019. What a surprise after our 1 st day in there the floor at some soft spots. We brought it back to dealer and they say they couldn’t repair it we have to send it to KEYSTONE after talking with KEYSTONE they told us they want the trailer to INDIANA to repair it. They will have to undo the whole body of the trailer. We went to empty the trailer and remark a lot of blacmold every where in trailer. We complaint to KEYSTONE and there’s no way they going to take that trailer back and give us a new one. No compensation for being over 3 months without the trailer. And we all know that black mold is health hazard.
- Lucie Frobe, Georgia

2019-10-11 2014 Keystone Springdale 282BHSSR View Listings

First off i have been camping for 50 years had my jayco for 23 years, finely time to get my dream trailer. Open the door to start packing, water all over my night stand my little closet warped with water, husband go on roof to seal, other side leaks sealed the whole top. Soon after all that electric jack stopped working had to replace, now camping without water hook up fill tank as we pull in get set up pump not working right, so as i sit here crying, off my husband does to get parts to fix, i go to my night stand and notice next to night stand wall paper all bubbled from water I'm ready to give up
- robinlaichalk@yahoo.com, Michigan

2019-10-11 2018 Coachmen Apex 249RDS View Listings

Love the layout of our 2018 249RDS.Tows very well with our 2015f150.Had to replace mattress after not being able to sleep on even 1 night very uncomfortable. Need to fix paneling wall. Have not had to have anything majorly fixed on it. Overall very well built TT.
- Kat Lobato , Colorado

2019-10-10 2017 Keystone Bullet Ultra Lite 248RKSWE View Listings

We loved this RV - SO much storage! We used mainly for a few bluegrass festivals a year but could have used it for much longer trips. Love the two entrance doors, and the shower is actually tall enough for my 6'1" husband to stand in.
- Pat Bogenn, Virginia

2019-10-10 2018 Heartland Mallard 32 View Listings

Quality product and am only looking to sell solely based on not having time to use the RV due to work and other commitments. Very comfortable, spacious, user friendly. Sleeps 4 adults and 4 children comfortably. Outdoor kitchen is great.
- Ron V, Pennsylvania

2019-10-10 2016 Keystone Hideout Single Axle 175LHS View Listings

This travel trailer has served us well. Over many extended camping trips it has not had a malfunction. I can say that we are impressed by the build quality. It is light and my truck can tow it easily. I haven't even needed a weight distribution hitch. The interior space and features are impressive for a camper this size. I had some questions a few times and had no trouble getting Keystone customer support on the phone. They were always very helpful and pleasant to speak with.
- James Culberson, Alabama

2019-10-10 2016 Keystone Hideout Single Axle 175LHS View Listings

We love this camper! It has the perfect amount of space for our family and I love that it is one of the lighter models available. It is simple and convenient to travel with. It has served us well on many camping trips and everything (electrical, etc) is still working (knock on wood!). I am a Keystone customer for life.
- Leona Barnes, Florida

2019-10-10 2020 Starcraft Mossy Oak Ultra Lite 281BH View Listings

First camper purchase and last. Have had nothing but issues since we bought it. Shower bottom was never even caulked, shower stalls looked like a hair was stuck on it but after trying to wipe it off discovered the whole shower wall is cracked all the way thru. We bought thus to stay in while building and have had to take it in for repairs twice already. We have not even had it a month. The hot water tank has went out twice, the hacks underneath were so cheap that the first time we set it up, they collapsed. We are really considering the lemon law on this one. Bought it at Camping World in Oklahoma. Very disappointed, would stay away from thus one. By the way..thus was brand new on the showroom floor when we bought it three weeks ago.
- Susan woodard, Arkansas

2019-10-10 2020 Forest River Rockwood Geo Pro G19FBS View Listings

always bought new -Owned everything from slide in camper , two fifth wheels, travel trailer. The minute my wife walked into the trailer she said buy it. We love the unit. we much prefer the convention microwave over oven. bed is hard but so is every trailer bed , got latex topper. Excellent layout. cozy but there is two of us so it's perfect. Little bit disappointed with three warranty issues but they resolved. Tv jack acted up, the blinds bottom bar loose and kitchen sink tap fell off. Gone through wicked rain storms and she is dry. So far very pleased . Tows really nice with our half ton. Easy to set up , but be careful on stair set up, they are excellent stairs , but you need to ensure level or get some shims if ground not even , and they are very solid . It's a trailer meant for light living as opposed to our previous 30', but we downsized , kids gone , so this size is the right size for us. The windows and visuals are excellent , makes unit super airy and bright. And finally not that drab brown , white is light feeling. Flooring is super comfy. Pop out makes trailer very open and two people can move comfortably. It is our first summer with geo pro, so time will tell but overall this is a sweet trailer.
- Ed J., Ontario

2019-10-09 2018 Keystone Sprinter Campfire 33BH View Listings

Awesome camper with great space. Outside kitchen area is very convenient and helps with having friends over to visit. Great space inside so nice to have the 2 separate sleeping areas. Auto leveling takes all the guess work out of setting it up no matter where you are. The 2 push out areas work so well and are easy. Especially loved the awning for warm days and looking for shade. We used the ac quite a bit and it was awesome especially at night. And we did used the heat a few times and it warmed up very quickly. All in all a great experience. And so fun
- Tucker Houlihan , Massachusetts