Travel Trailer

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Travel Trailer RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Randy Pollock from Texas says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2017 Forest River R-Pod RP-178 View Listings

After much research, we decided to purchase a 2017 Rpod 179 from a dealer in Mesquite, Texas. Although the dealer is approximately 300 miles from our home in San Antonio, we felt confident that the combined quality of the traler and the assurance that we "could take it to any Forrest River dealer for service"', we would be safe. (There is no Rpod dealer within a 100 miles of where we live). The first time we had a problem with the electric tongue lift not working, we found that "any Forrest River dealer" for repairs was true. In fact, even with with Forrest River's help, we were left with called Ngo numerous dealers only to say no and offer no assistance. Fortunately, I did find an area Forrest River dealer has worked very hard to help us. They were the only dealer of 6 which I called that was willing to help us. Although they are not an RPod dealer, they have done much to help us. There has been a series of issues with the RPod which have greatly undermined my confidence in my camper. So far, our 6 month old camper has had considerable problems . Beginning with a defective tongue lift, we found ourselves with a heather that was so loud, we stopped using it and plugged in a stand alone. (Reported to be a piece of packing plastic inside the unit). We have experienced a water leak which flooded the rear storage compartment.(Break at the city water inlet). An A/C unit with a part missing that makes too much noise to use until the part comes in. (2 weeks in the shop so far). Blue caulk scattered on numerous portions of the black framing. Decals beginning peel in some places. This unit sold for $22 k before discount. The most a dealer will allow on trade is $9k. We are trapped in a camper that we have no faith in manufactured by a company we have no faith in and sold by a dealer we have no faith in. If I had a do over, I would have purchased something from a local dealer and it would not have been a Forrest River product.
- Randy Pollock, Texas

2021-07-26 2019 Coachmen Freedom Express Ultra Lite 287BHDS View Listings

We ordered this unit brand new straight from the factory Jan 2020. Received March 2020. The day after we took possession of unit we noticed water on the floor by the slide. We took it the next day to a dealership to diagnose. Found out the slide was leaking when it was closed. If it was open it was fine. The unit sat at the dealership for 3 months and nothing was done. We ended up taking the unit to another dealership. This dealership worked on it off and on and we would go get it in between to try and use it. We used it total of 5 times in the span of 16 months that we owned it. In these five times here is a list of problems and warranty work done. 1. Leaking Slide 2. Leaking toilet 3. Sink Drain leaked 4.Large sliding window in slide was bent and would not lock. 6. Battery was bad after 6 months 7.Front jack went bad. 8. Front screen door handle broke. 9. Black water cleanout backflow valve leaked. We have owned 3 RV's before this one never having issues like this. Most things were fixed by the dealership and taken care of except for the slide leak. The dealership thought the hole was cut to big but coachmen thought it was seals. When the camper is not at the dealership we have had to pay for undercover storage to keep the unit from being damaged. The dealership has tried 7 or 8 different fixes for the slide and none have worked. As the consumer it has been very frustrating because the dealership blames coachmen for the delay and time for the next fix and then coachmen blames the dealership. It has taken 16 months to get the leak resolved. This includes myself calling or going into the dealership weekly. We have called coachmen and talked to Steve Brandenburg multiple times. He was not very helpful or in a hurry to get this resolved. I had asked for refund of my storage cost and they would not. You would think they would want to get a leaking camper resolved as soon as possible but 16 months later we have been told it is finally fixed. We share this story so others will know that customer service has been nothing short of non existent. The quality of the camper we bought was poor. Just know going in coachmen will be tough to work with if you have a major problem. In the end we are appreciative of the dealership and their help to get us through this. As soon as they told us it was fixed July 2021 we sold the unit immediately. Sadly to say the happiest day we had owning the RV. We will not purchase a coachmen or forest river product ever again due to the lack of pride in the product. Do your homework and if possible hire a 3rd party RV inspector even if it is brand new. It could save you a lot of time, frustration and money!
- Nick K, Colorado

2021-07-26 2020 Keystone Cougar Half-Ton 29BHS View Listings

Lived in one of these trailers for 10 months while attending graduate school, along with my wife and 3 children. Saved us a ton of money and we vacationed across the US traveling to and from and also saw the sights locally. Just hook up and go and you have a home on wheels. Everything worked as it should and we were totally satisfied with our purchase.
- Justin Bauer, Washington

2021-07-26 2016 Cruiser RV MPG 2800QB View Listings

We love this camper. Very durable and light weight ( we have 5 kids). High quality finish on the exterior and very well though design. When I bought it I did not know that the power stabilizer jacks are standard!! I am 6.8 tall and We love the sliding king size bed and the extra head room. We looked at many campers and they don't have the ceiling hight this one have. You don't feel closeophobic. No leaks found. My only issue with this camper is minor cosmetic defects on the interior trim, Can easily be fixed.
- Ramzi, Florida

2021-07-26 2019 Forest River R-Pod RP-182G View Listings

Was falling appart when i took delivery of it.Now the roof leaks,used the cheapest sealent they could find.Didnt come with the outsise shower as advertised.Had to buy that and find who made it on my own.If I see Anather rv with forest river on it I will run not walk away.
- Michael Duvall, Pennsylvania

2021-07-26 2012 Dutchmen Kodiak 242RESL View Listings

Was a lemon. Had trouble as soon as I drove it off the lot. Shower leaked, flooring came up. Drove on one trip and the CARDBOARD bottom came off and drug down the road. The electrical from slide out came loose and wrapped around tire another trip. Whole front in warped and cause the roof to leak which ruined the inside overhead cabinets (Still haven’t got that fixed). Taking it to the dealership was a joke - they did fix the electrical from slide out, but they would keep it for weeks and weeks, say it was fixed and never was. I quit trying after several trips - 3 hours away. I’m still making payments on it and can’t get rid of it due to leakage and warped front end. It was absolutely a piece of junk. Don’t buy one unless it’s a shelter for Goats.
- Karen, Virginia

2021-07-25 2019 Forest River Wildwood X-Lite 171RBXL View Listings

This is by far the worst camper I've ever owned. Also had a Jayco and Realite. The first time I turned the water on the fitting blew off. Crimp wasnt tight enough. The refrigerator quit working because the magnet fell off because the screws were to short. We lost $50 worth of food. Also have nice coming in because the craftsmanship is so bad. Holes are cut way too big everywhere so all of Gods creatures can enter. Wood and metal shavings were just left inside everywhere. I had to rebuild the entire inside to keep them out. I realize Americans dont take pride in their work but this was insane. I do not recommend that anyone buy this camper.
- Mark Napier, New York

2021-07-25 2020 Heartland Pioneer BH270 View Listings

We bought a 2021 and it has had nothing but problems. We were towing it and it started to rain and it leaked inside and got mud everywhere inside. The quality is terrible as well. The cupboards are basically made of paper. I do not recommend buying one of these trailers.
- Kynlee Mitchell, Utah

2021-07-25 2019 Grand Design Imagine XLS 19RLE View Listings

We wanted a smaller RV and liked the look and amenities of the Grand Design Imagine 19RLS. The salesman said that it was built by the same manufacturer of larger luxury fifth wheel trailers. We trusted him thinking this would be a quality trailer. We were wrong to think this. Our first time out (a one night trip), the air conditioner couldn’t keep this small, no slides, trailer cool. Took it in and dealer said it was working as it should. We assumed the AC must be undersized for the trailer but Grand Design wouldn’t do anything about it. Our second trip was a 2 week trip from SW Colorado to Montana. After a couple of nights, the water heater stopped working and the underbelly liner fell off while we were driving dragging as we drove. That exposed the fact that no insulation had ever been installed even though it was advertised as having an insulated heated underbelly. We spent the next day waiting on a mobile RV repair company to temporarily reattach the underbelly cover. We spent another day trying to find a RV service company to replace the hot water heating control unit so we could have hot water. We had to CB pay out of pocket but did get reimbursed but it used up two days of vacation. Then, while traveling down a busy highway, we noticed from our side mirrors that the weatherstripping on the both sides of outside front trim had come loose and was flapping like bird wings! Embarrassing. During the trip, one of the glass panes on the upper storage cabinet doors cracked and when we got home another glass pane fell out of the door. The sealant used didn’t hold the pane in and we hypothesized that that was the cause of the cracked window, too. Grand Design refused to pay for the these even though it was during the one year warranty period. Since then, at least a fourth of the cabinet door glass sealant has fallen off so this was definitely a factory defect. Never had that issue with our previous Cougar RV which we had for ten years! Another issue, the sliding door to the bathroom won’t close completely due to it not being installed level. Fast forward to the following spring, when preparing for a multi day trip, we de-winterrized the trailer and hooked up the water. Water began pouring out of connections in the pass through storage and under the sink. The connections had not been properly connected with proper connectors — only stuck together with adhesive —which obviously deteriorated during the winter. Water was pouring out of the underbelly. Even though this was an obvious factory defect, Grand Design refused to pay for the repair since it was over the one year warranty period. We recently took a weekend trip and the air conditioner would work for a few hours and then start blowing warm air. We took it back to the dealer and they finally discovered that the air conditioner had been installed without sealing the baffles allowing outside air instead of return air from the trailer causing the AC to freeze up. Again, a factory defect but Grand Design would not pay for the repair. Also, the placement of the AC and no ductwork causes the dinette/bed to be too cold while the area of the Murphy bed is too warm —a design issue. We bought this trailer brand new and owned it for a year and a half, it looks cute but the lack of quality in the workmanship and lack of responsibility shown by Grand Design for said workmanship means we will never purchase another Grand Design product.
- Stacey Harrison, Colorado

2021-07-25 2019 Forest River Cherokee Grey Wolf 23DBH View Listings

Bought this trailer and have used it for two summers. 2020 it was in storage due to pandemic and changing parks. First year it was unplugged, as it was in a spot without power. We ran it on the battery, so couldn’t test appliances that ran on power. 2021, first time plugging in. Have not been able to use radio since 2019. I did everything that’s been suggested, checked wires, fuses, it just doesn’t work. Microwave shuts off after 10 seconds and resets itself, can’t use that either. Oven is good, but not big enough to make a cake or do anything useful with it. Cheap appliances. The fridge is great, as it’s Dometic, the only decent name of anything. The major problem I have is that the warranty was one year. And after taking it from storage, we discovered it leaked. Even after doing seals prior to storage and during storage, it leaks. Can’t figure out what the problem is with that, and no warranty coverage to fix it. Would I buy it again? Never. Cheapest quality trailer I’ve ever seen. So disappointed. It’s really shame. As it looks so beautiful, and has wonderful living space, modern appearance. But can’t use it without problems. And it definitely won’t hold up for life. It’s not built the way they used to be.
- Tammy, Ontario

2021-07-24 2012 Coachmen Apex Ultra-Lite 215RBK View Listings

We purchased this RV, used, in 2013. Original owners used it twice and camping wasn't their thing. Our gain! We have had NO problems with this camper. None. Lots of storage, easy to tow, never had a water leak, everything works as expected 9 years later! Absolutely no complaints. Looking for a newer camper and would definitively stick with an apex if they have a layout we like with a bit more living space.
- Nancylynn opiola, Ontario

2021-07-24 2020 KZ Connect C343BHK View Listings

We purchased our 2020 KZ connect travel trailer in January of 2020. We traveled to Florida and work for the Florida state parks for November through March of 2021. Traveling with this wonderful home was very rewarding and a great experience.It was very easy to live in and keep track of all of our belongings. Towing this large trailer was a blessing in disguise. I achieved anywhere from 11 to 14 miles per gallon with a 2005 Dodge ram 2500 Cummings diesel.
- Larry Brune, Missouri

2021-07-24 2014 EverGreen Sun Valley S300BHSL View Listings

Purchase this RV, love the layout and features lots of room in the bunk room great for kids. The switch for the rear jacks cannot be found. Does anyone know where the switch is located on this 2014 evergreen 30BHSL trailer?
- Andy, Saskatchewan

2021-07-24 2020 Grand Design Transcend Xplor 265BH View Listings

Have had for 2 years and used one month and two trips of 1500 miles. No towing issues or mechanical issues. Only problem is a pungent smell in the trailer that gets in your clothes and will not go away. Tried the usual de-gassing procedures but to no avail. Trailer layout is good with front bedroom and bath separate from living area. Wife has Asthma so I will try ammonia treatment next to try and decrease smell.
- Richard Willoughby, Wisconsin

2021-07-23 2014 Keystone Bullet Premier 22RBPR View Listings

Bought this RV used in 2019. It was in pristine condition as it was only used by an elderly couple for a short period and stored. I have read a number of reviews and I have to think that the folks that wrote negative reviews are not seasoned campers with a lot of experience with other makes of rvs. My wife and I have had 3 pop ups, a starcraft, a coleman, and a jayco. We have also owned two class A motorhomes, a Southwind and a Allegro. Bottom line we are not newbies and have some experience with rvs in general. Most manufacturers don't put the highest quality workmanship in their rigs and most have issues that can be annoying to say the least. From my perspective, this has been the best of the bunch. The tank sensors suck on all rvs because they are inside the tanks...deal with or spend the money to put after market sensors on the outside. Wer have had minimal issues with our rig in the 2 1/2 years we have owned it and candidly we rent ours so I would expect more issues than not. My biggest complaint is the fake wood tape on some of the surfaces just isn't the right solution but it is cheap and easy so we have repaired it. The fiberglass nose being as dark as it is has become an annual event to take the haze off the gel coat and wax. Boat owners can appreciate the pain this is. I love the fact that Keystone spaces the axles further apart providing far better tracking and anti sway than any other trailer I have ever towed. The interior is slightly more durable than any other rvs we've owned so that's a plus. By durable I mean real wood doors and most trim. Overall this is a great RV and when we decide to trade it or sell it, we most certainly will be looking only at Keystones higher end rigs.
- Bob Tetreault, New Hampshire

2021-07-23 2018 Lance Lance 1685 View Listings

I just purchased a 2018 1685 after many years research into the quality of the Lance trailers. The cost matches the quality rating! My first trip out, the wind caught the front door and swung it backwards into the kitchen window and it shattered. Why would Lance design a kitchen window that pushes outward instead of a sliding window so it cant be reached by the front door. The black tank cap is so far under the trailer, i cant get a grip on it to loosen the cap. Why put it that far under the trailer? The glass decorative lamp shades fell off during transit and shattered. Why not make those out of nonbreakable materials? The electric jack shorted out and quit working. The back skylight is leaking. This is a disaster of a trailer. I come from a Quality Assurance background and these types of design and reliability issues should not happen.
- Sheila A. Skaggs, Colorado

2021-07-23 2012 Jayco Jay Flight 28BHS View Listings

This was our first "camper" experience, and it had previously had one owner who was looking to upgrade. I'm not a camping expert, but this has been a perfect "starter" for us. We thought we needed the bunkhouse floor plan, but since there is only the two of us, we now are looking for something without a bunkhouse to have more living space. Our model has only one small slide...basically for the pull out couch/futon, but for me as a beginner, this was good. I think this camper would be great for a young family, and we have been very pleased with the craftsmanship. So we will be looking soon to upgrade, but I hope our next camper is the quality of this unit.
- Jay Bizarri, Illinois

2021-07-22 2017 Keystone Hideout Single Axle 175LHS View Listings

Bought this TT new in March 2017, liked that this model had a large dinette, a bath sink, counter, and cabinet in bathroom that many other RV's with same floorplan, including other Keystones, lacked. Only used about a half dozen times so far. Made some personal major mods to the trailer like adding a couple of RV windows: 1) Next to main door 2) Upper bunk - to add more natural lighting and cross ventilation, plus an external shower unit, and a "Hott Rod" heat element to the water heater for electric water heating. The only issues in first year was the overhead light outside the bathroom door blinking occasionally and the AM function in the Jensen stereo sucks as very poor. Noticed this in first year of usage and ownership but did not think these were worth the trouble and any wait to bring it back to dealer for warranty work. Otherwise everything else worked fine though have never used the water pump since always full or partial hookups. This 2021 spring discovered minor leak damage in the door side wall inside the small wardrobe closet. Camper was not used in 2020 due to covid pandemic and unable to check the roof due to physical ailment that I'm mostly recovered from. Patched the roof with some liquid "Flex Seal". TT parked in my front yard since last used in August 2019. The vent fan motor in the bathroom finally died recently. Overall so far consider this entry level TT to be a good camper but not sure my next TT would be a Keystone if there is a next one, hope it lasts 15 more years if keeping.
- Paul C., Washington

2021-07-22 2020 Jayco Jay Flight SLX 8 264BH View Listings

I have only had this camper since 10/2019 and have had nothing but issues. My ac unit just recently went and getting it covered is nothing but a headache through their customer service. I strongly recommend doing search and going with another brand which I plan to do.
- Kimberly Picard, New York

2021-07-22 2007 Coachmen Spirit of America 25RKS View Listings

**We purchased this trailer Jan. 29th, 2021. As of today, July 22nd 2021, it has been in the repair shop for 92 days. List of Issues with Coachman Spirit VIN #5ZT2SBRBXMS040100 Purchased 1/27/21 @ Ron Hoover Marine, INC, 1903 Gulf freeway, La Marque, TX. 77568 In for repairs 2/10/21 – 03/04/21 (1st trip to Lake Limestone State Park, Groesbeck, TX.) Fuses keep blowing on electrical units, i.e., water heater, lights, etc – repaired 2/24, screw thru wiring *Fridge icing up in back and making loud noise – Being replaced Recliner next to table does not recline – repaired 4/12 Lights above slide out do not come on – repaired 2/24 bad wiring Bathroom lights do not work – repaired 2/24 bad wiring Bathroom toilet leaks – repaired 2/24 but came loose on a trip and I repaired. *Motion lights blink off and on continually – No repair. Have asked to disconnect No warm air in bedroom or bathroom thru vents – Repaired 2/24. Duct work never hooked up Counter in kitchen gets very hot – Repaired 2/24. Heat was coming from duct work never hooked up Hot water heater wired wrong – Repaired 2/24 In for repairs 4/10/21 – 05/14/21 – (2nd trip to Lake Whitney State Park, Whitney, Texas) Power Tongue quit working. Switch will not go up or down. Repaired w/new one Plugs under table do not work. Bad wiring. Repaired Bedroom Door came off rail. Repaired 7 way plug was not working for side lights and back up camera. Repaired In for repairs 6/12/21 – (3rd trip to Llano River RV Park, Llano, Texas) *Water pouring out from underneath trailer. Not able to use any water. Plastic door latch on hidden closet broke off while traveling. I repaired with much better clasp. *Underbelly was duct taped up in numerous places from factory. Underbelly is also sagging and needs to be lifted and reinforced. *Fridge (which I had mentioned earlier as to freezing up and making noise) is out. *Unrepaired to date. Waiting on authorization and/or parts
- Bruce M Guillot, Texas

2021-07-22 2018 Dutchmen Kodiak Ultimate 2711BS View Listings

If you ever come across the Kodiak ultimate model 2711 BS, turn the other direction and run like hell. This is got to be the poorest design worst slap together piece of garbage I've ever owned of a trailer. My sister found this trailer first and left it because of the storage she and Ford my wife of the storage and my wife fell in love with the storage as soon as you saw this trailer I have since disowned my sister. You can bet that whatever goes wrong with my sister's trailer will go wrong with my trailer. At least they have consistent crappy workmanship. We've had just about every piece of trim on this trailer come off. Just like my sister's trailer they had a couple of rollers come off and they put them on some new ones to novale the shower door and completely come off and now they store it on the bed. The exact same thing happened to us and now we still are shower doors on the bed and we're on vacation we went and bought just curtains shower curtains. My sister's kitchen sink sprayer had to be replaced My brother-in-law is a plumber and he had one hell of a time and such a tight spot now he only has one item that he liked about this trailer The automatic jacks. He had his kitchen table bed splendor apart and someone's sleeping on it and they were not fat or big or wait a lot so I did the repair that he did to make sure that did not happen to me. The drawers are coming constantly coming open and drink traveling Even though we make sure we shut them completely. Half the time they come out and they're stuck open and it takes a few minutes to get them back in. I can still see daylight out through my screen door when it shut and the top right corner and we hand that same problem with the door that you could literally see outside finally after three times in the shop we got it fixed but we still have that gap in the screen door so the mosquitoes and All the other pests can come and join us. My wife is complaining that it was cold on her side of the bed I told her that I could not feel the cold. We were up in Canada with a 1° weather and we had ice forming on the inside walls and the inside window on her side for the bed. A few days later I had my foot on the heat register and there was no heat coming out. It seems someone at the factory did not put in the bolts and a tank fell onto the ductwork there by cutting off the heat in our bedroom. What else. My sisters has had the wallpaper pill off the wall. Both of our bedroom doors the screws have come out of the ceiling that holds the framework. It's not screwed into anything in the ceiling because they put so many screws in there they were just hoping that it would hold.
- David Christensen, Colorado

2021-07-22 2021 Keystone Bullet Crossfire 1900RD View Listings

First time out hot water stopped working on either electric or propane cold showers every thing else seems ok so far. Will call warranty when I get home tried every thing still won’t lite seems like no power watched video says it could be control panel
- Bruce, Massachusetts

2021-07-21 2018 Prime Time Lacrosse 2911RB View Listings

Beautiful camper, with terrible quality! Let me list the things that have gone wrong- speaker had water damage after first week of camping, had to replace outdoor water shower due to major leak (was winterized properly) had to replace electrical cord- only half worked, AC quit in the middle of summer last year abs was told 4 week wait to get fixed……window seal leak….. and the worst of all- the paint is peeling off of the front and the manufacturer refuses to do anything about it! I’ve stored the camper in climate controlled area over winter all years. Sits in an annual lease rest of year. Never should paint peel like this!!! Do research people!!! I’ve seen numerous complaints on the same thing! I bought with a 3 year warranty and I’m told that doesn’t include paint because it’s “missing a factory sticker!” No where in any of my information does it say it has to have a sticker for the paint! The sticker- FYI is not the graphics sticker, it’s some sticker that identified the paint!!!! How would any consumer know this!!!!!
- Ellie Borrowman, Illinois

2021-07-21 2018 Cruiser RV Fun Finder 28QD View Listings

Placed an order for a part over two months ago and still have received it .I have tried to get in touch with them by phone , e-mail and chat . The best I get is " we'll call you back " , but no never hear anything .. lol ... horrible customer services
- Brad and Danielle, Ontario

2021-07-21 2020 Forest River Flagstaff E-Pro E19QB View Listings

The Flagstaff E-Pro 19QB is a great travel trailer. It is extremely well designed and built with all the amenities that you need to go camping off the paved road or bring your office with you wherever you want. Having built in solar and an inverter makes the worry of cry camping without a generator a thing of the past. Being on the taller side at 6'3", I can sleep comfortably on the full queen size bed and can stand up tall in the shower with the skylight. Forest River thought of everything and added some nice touches like the outdoor shelf near your cook station with plumbed LP hook-up, the useful bike rack frees up plenty of space in the bed of the truck, and having all the perks in a lightweight trailer with beefed up suspension and off-road tires really gave me the freedom to take it anywhere. The only complaint that I would have is the black water/clean out hook-up is on the opposite of the dump so I had to buy a longer hose to reach, but thats it. It really is a great trailer!
- Ryan Gardner, California