Travel Trailer

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Travel Trailer RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Randy Pollock from Texas says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2017 Forest River R-Pod RP-178 View Listings

After much research, we decided to purchase a 2017 Rpod 179 from a dealer in Mesquite, Texas. Although the dealer is approximately 300 miles from our home in San Antonio, we felt confident that the combined quality of the traler and the assurance that we "could take it to any Forrest River dealer for service"', we would be safe. (There is no Rpod dealer within a 100 miles of where we live). The first time we had a problem with the electric tongue lift not working, we found that "any Forrest River dealer" for repairs was true. In fact, even with with Forrest River's help, we were left with called Ngo numerous dealers only to say no and offer no assistance. Fortunately, I did find an area Forrest River dealer has worked very hard to help us. They were the only dealer of 6 which I called that was willing to help us. Although they are not an RPod dealer, they have done much to help us. There has been a series of issues with the RPod which have greatly undermined my confidence in my camper. So far, our 6 month old camper has had considerable problems . Beginning with a defective tongue lift, we found ourselves with a heather that was so loud, we stopped using it and plugged in a stand alone. (Reported to be a piece of packing plastic inside the unit). We have experienced a water leak which flooded the rear storage compartment.(Break at the city water inlet). An A/C unit with a part missing that makes too much noise to use until the part comes in. (2 weeks in the shop so far). Blue caulk scattered on numerous portions of the black framing. Decals beginning peel in some places. This unit sold for $22 k before discount. The most a dealer will allow on trade is $9k. We are trapped in a camper that we have no faith in manufactured by a company we have no faith in and sold by a dealer we have no faith in. If I had a do over, I would have purchased something from a local dealer and it would not have been a Forrest River product.
- Randy Pollock, Texas

2021-10-17 2018 Palomino Solaire Ultra Lite 205SS View Listings

Ug, I wish we didn't get this travel trailer. Other than it is easy to tow, the back window is cool, everything else was pretty bad, that is until we fixed the issues. I'll list what we had repaired under warranty. Back brick pattern over the stove needed to be adhered to the wall, the counter with the sink and stove was uneven, they leveled it, but not perfectly. Fresh water indicator kept coming disconnected. The black and grey were labeled wrong. Worked on the awning that kept rolling up unevenly and causing a lot of pressure issues on one side. What we fixed on our own thus far: We had to support the sink, it fell through and was held with pieces of plywood, now held with metal brackets. The TV is 24" you have to have binoculars in bed if you want to watch, but pulling it out and angling pulled the upper cabinets away from the wall, that has been repaired and resealed. Placement of the TV is horrible, constantly hitting our heads. We are looking into putting the TV in a more appropriate place, but may just leave it and learn to deal with it. Behind the couch and window (on the slideout) was a gaping drop used to store the heavy table, we made a nice lid to fit perfectly between the window and couch and now our dogs love it and are no longer afraid. Got rid of the ridiculous heavy table and now have light tv tables, nice little storage place as well for couch pillows and blankets. The storage under the bed came a part, pieces of frame literally broke in half, we had to replace the cheap wood frame and now it's sturdy. Still working on the live tv antenna, doesn't ever pick up anything and there is no crank to raise it so it can pick up air tv, not sure yet what that issue is, but working to resolve. When we sell this trailer whoever buys it will have a trailer that is not slapped together, but one where the owners took time to fix things that we should have never had to fix. Palamino can do better!!
- Joni Lovvorn, Texas

2021-10-17 2014 Lance Lance 1885 View Listings

This is our first rv. My husband researched brands and Lance quickly rose to the top of the list. We looked at new models and were so impressed with the quality compared to other brands. As new RVr,s, we knew we didn’t want to spend above a certain amount. We happened to see a used Lance on Facebook in our area and decided to take a look. Obviously we bought it.. There was a learning curve on our part but I have to say that we’ve really had no regrets with this purchase. We have no input as to warranty since we bought used, but Lance does have a very good online support group. We have not had to make any major repairs Since we are inexperienced with cross county rv travel, we are currently researching the purchase of a smaller unit. We love the layout, storage and design of the 1475S (my husband would like to see it with a dual axel) OR the 1685 with a 7 foot width😊 The main things I love about it: it’s just got a cozy feel without being too small. The floor space is very well thought out and the dinette is so roomy. The storage space is crazy…so much! I’ve been in bigger travel trailers that don’t have half as much storage space. Outlets and lights are plentiful I love having the option of a fold up bed for more floor space or to have seating space without having to sit on the bed. The Lance is solid…..no flimsy walls minimal bounce when you walk around. Things I’d like to see…the front window opens (available on newer models). A dual axel on one of the 7 foot wide models. Steps that go to the ground More kitchen counter space (or an extension that folds up and down) Maybe in a few more years I’ll have a bigger wish list, but for now that’s it😀
- janie bryant, Georgia

2021-10-15 2020 Cruiser RV Radiance Ultra Lite 32BH View Listings

This is the perfect Rv if you have kids. The separate bunk house with their own bathroom leaves privacy for the adults. They want friends to come with you no problem the camper sleeps 10! Comfortable pull out sofa with cable tv for the whole family to enjoy. The refrigerator is full size and plenty of counter space for your coffee maker and other appliances. Shower in the master suite is very spacious and the added benefit is a King Size bed which is hard to find. Outside we used the outside kitchen for extra beverages, cooking breakfast in the morning on the burner, and using the grill in the afternoon for burgers. Awning has its own lights and storage space was enough to bring everything! Great family camper with lots of room for all your camper gear inside and out.
- Lisa Lewis, Virginia

2021-10-14 2016 Pacific Coachworks Econ 16RB View Listings

We bought this new. We added a solar cell on the roof and a thermostatically controlled automatic vent fan (for when we leave our dogs mostly) shortly after we bought it. My husband swapped out the lights for LED and the marine battery for two golf cart batteries. He also recently added a power lifter on the tongue. We have taken it to Wyoming in the fall, the California coast several times, the Sierras, and to Upstate NY from our home near Sacramento CA. No major problems except with the shower doors. They don’t stay closed during travel and they’re pulling off the frame. I think we are going to take them off and replace them with a shower curtain. Tows fine with our 6 cyl Honda Odyssey. Still love the floor plan and interior finishes. Haven’t used warranty or Customer Service.
- Victoria, California

2021-10-14 2021 Grand Design Imagine 2400BH View Listings

In July we purchased a 2021 2400BH Grand Design Imagine . We now have 9,000 miles on it traveling cross country and it is awesome. The way it handles behind out Ram and the overall quality. The AC , Fridge / Freezer elec or propane/micro/ oven / cooktop /Heater/ water heater elec or propane / slide out / awning / sinks / shower / holding tanks everything works great. We had 2 issues the fridge handle broke from my husband and the outside plastic cover for the freezer vent came off both at different times were next day aired to the RV parks we were staying at. This is our first and we are very happy.
- Kathy Peterson, Massachusetts

2021-10-14 2019 Cruiser RV Shadow Cruiser 240BHS View Listings

Hi, I bought a shadow cruiser in 2018 with a 3 year structural warranty, my r expires this year. My trailer is still under warranty but my trim at the front corner is coming off exposing the edges of the siding to wind and water damage. I called the manufacturer and have been told that is not covered under structural warranty. How could that not be covered under structural warranty seeing as how the next time i take it camping the hole side of my trailer could be blown off when the wind gets under the siding.After further looking into the construction of my trailer, trim falling off, water leaks, I would stay away from this manufacturer and buy one that will stand up to their warranty.
- Brian Weitkum, California

2021-10-14 2014 Livin Lite Camplite 14DBS View Listings

We have pulled this 2014 Camplite 14DB over 3000 miles now, camping in various conditions. Stayed in 90 degree desert and 30 degree mountains with snow, keep us comfortable and was tight and had no drafts. Absolutely love this little trailer. Pulled easily behind our Tundra, dual axels help pull straight with no sway and makes it easy to back in. Construction is amazing! Before the Camplite we owned a Class C, two travel trailers, a truck camper, and two pop-up campers. We dealt with some kind of wood rot, weak structural problems in the floor or wall or ceiling, roof issues, constantly caulking for leaks, out of alignment cabinets, drafty cabin, and an assortment of other structural issues. The European windows are a bonus, love the black out when we go to bed. The 64 inch queen-plus bed width gives us a lot of comfort when sleeping. Space underneath is plenty for storage. The couch makes for a nice bed if needed, but I like to nap on it or sit and read. Another surprise was the tank sizes, for a small trailer the tanks are large enough to handle many days of boon-docking, which we do a lot. Microwave has convection ability, two burner stove, gas heater, good sized refrigerator thats DC/AC/LP, Dexter torsion axels, dual LP tanks, and did I mention the great quality build, all aluminum and no wood! I wish we knew about Camplite years ago, but glad we stumbled upon it and we plan to keep it a long time!
- Richard Ray, Oklahoma

2021-10-14 2020 Forest River Rockwood Geo Pro G19FD View Listings

I like the Murphy bed which allows for much more living space when retracted. I like the bottom-opening windows on a rainy day - ventilation with no leaks! I like the 7’4” wide body for easy towing on highways. I like the shower WaterMiser. I like the screens on the door and windows. I like the outdoor awning for great shade on hot days. I like all the storage space.
- Cynthia palmer, Maryland

2021-10-13 2018 Lance Lance 1685 View Listings

Bought my 2018 1685 New in Yakima Washington at a Lance dealership the slide leaked,fantastic fan leaked over the bed, A/C wouldn’t run on high,propane regulator leaked,auto retract awning didn’t work,sink faucet fell off,front window screen/shade was junk,tank monitors were never correct I’m sure there’s more but yeah that’s Lance quality for you.
- Harold, Oregon

2021-10-13 2020 Starcraft Super Lite 242RL View Listings

I purchased a new 2020 Starcraft within 10 months and and a half dozen camping trips the roof membrane pulled out from the side of the camper, warranty did cover that. 4 months after the one year warranty I noticed a soft floor below the escape window. returned it to the dealer and the contacted Starcraft and was told that windows are not covered under warranty so the damage is not covered. the camper has been maintained as per the owners manual. windows were sealed on the outside and kept under a carport. I now have a 2020 camper with $15000 damage because of poor quality and starcraft says sorry.
- kenneth McClain, Tennessee

2021-10-11 2020 Keystone Bullet 221RBS View Listings

This was our first trailer and it’s in very good condition. We completed a cross-country trip last summer, visiting several national parks and many campgrounds, and it was easy to manage. Light weight and easy to tow, we wouldn’t sell it if we felt we could continue taking that kind of trip. The bed is comfortable, the appliances easy to use, and we really enjoyed having a gas grill we could hook up right to our propane line. Whether in a full hook-up campground or dry camping among the red rocks of Utah, we were very comfortable.
- Ira Schlosser, Massachusetts

2021-10-11 2021 Forest River Rockwood Mini-Lite 2205S View Listings

This is the poorest design for winterization I have ever experienced. The shut off valve to the water tank takes someone with 3 foot long arms. It is very difficult to reach and also difficult to turn. If you expect to winterize your RV yourself do not purchase this poorly built trailer.
- Joseph Meredith, Michigan

2021-10-11 2021 Coachmen Apex Nano 208BHS View Listings

None of the cabinet doors were adjusted properly. Hinges coming out of the wood. Only a month old. I have fixed a few on my own and a few I can’t get to adjust to properly close. Coachmen has terrible customer service and won’t stand by their warranty.
- Tyler Davis, New Mexico

2021-10-11 2020 Highland Ridge RV Open Range Light 275RLS View Listings

The trailer looks beautiful but, looks are deceiving. This trailer is a piece of junk. We bought in late 2019 and haven't been able to enjoy it for a full season since we bought it. It went back to the manufacturer...., Twice! The very first time we took it out, the kitchen slide out wouldn't go back in. The dealership sent it back to the manufacturer with a list of problems they felt needed to be repaired. The manufacturer fixed the slide out and nothing else. Of course the manufacturer didn't agree with all of the problems identified by the dealership, and sent it back to the dealership, only to have the dealership reject it and send it back a second time. Since we've had it, the fridge quit working and we've two leaks in the water system. By the time I retire in six years, at the rate it's going, the trailer won't be serviceable enough to take anywhere. Save your money, don't buy Open Range. At just over $4000.00, even the extended warranty isn't worth the paper it's written on. Our first and last travel trailer. We're fed up, we're selling this piece of shit!
- Patrick Owens, Rhode Island

2021-10-11 2012 Forest River Surveyor Select SV302 View Listings

This ad lists as a Surveyor Select 264 BUT IT IS A SV302, which is an incredible model, SUPERIOR TO ANY 264! If you are serious about a TT, don't pass this SV302 up. You DO get the BEST-of-the-BEST with this model, with the newer models suffering from mass production
- K Webb, California

2021-10-11 2019 Dutchmen Coleman Lantern 274BH View Listings

Purchased our 2019 Coleman Lantern 274BH new in June 2019. We had a used pop-up previously, but this was our first new camper, as well as our first large travel trailer. I had seen a lot of recommendations to do a very thorough inspection, prior to taking delivery and leaving the lot. I spent over two hours going over every inch of the camper. OveraIl, it was in good shape. I didn’t find anything major, but a few spots that needed roof sealant, some wallpaper seam tape that needed attention, and other minor things that I was able to get taken care of before leaving. So glad I left knowing I was in good shape though. Don’t rely on the dealer inspection, or let them tell you they already checked everything. They don’t have the interest in it that you do. Overall, we’ve been very pleased with how the camper has held up and with the layout. We’ve now been through three camping seasons, and approximately 20 trips ranging from 50 to 1500 miles round trip, and 2 to 10 days in duration. There have been no issues that I would consider major. Most have been paneling edges popping loose. The “nails” they use to secure things are incredibly flimsy. If you’re handy you can do all of the maintenance yourself. I’ve kept a close eye on the roof and the sealant around fixtures, and added some sealant as soon as I’ve seen any cracks or voids develop. There have been no leaks so far, that I’m aware of. I use the EZ Lube axles to keep the bearings greased. I also clean and treat the roof
- Derek Lewis, Missouri

2021-10-10 2017 Forest River Rockwood Ultra V 2715VS View Listings

About the camper a few months ago like the camper I bought it used And where I bought it they told me that they do this 100 checker whatever they call it and they did nothing my holding tanks were filled They were gonna let me go out a lot with a bad tire But that's the minor when I got home and began going through it there was a lot of things that were not addressed and because it was used it don't do it they said and I got no warranty has anybody had a problem with the slideouch manual manual my manual bars were just hanging in there not to touch to anything both both of them depends broken They tell me the heating system that they went through it well I have 5 registers 2 of them blow air and the other 2 do Nothing And they went through it There was a few other issues but I'll do him because I'm afraid if I take it where I bought it they'll just do more damage to it but Overall it's a nice trailer
- Robert J Niglio, Pennsylvania

2021-10-10 2021 Coachmen Freedom Express UltraLite 192RBS View Listings

I love the design of this small coach, the big front window, the slide out with the couch, the galley, and lots of storage. It pulls well by a mid-size truck, too. Appreciate the double axles. But the quality of construction has been a great disappointment. Also, the dealer service has been a disappointment. The first time it went in for warranty for multiple faucet leaks and a microwave problem where the microwave breaker tripped at running 1.30 minutes. Following trip out, and I found nothing had been fixed. Water leaked badly in the bath, swelling wood. It's was in over 3 weeks for repair. Now I find the compressor on the air conditioner doesn't work. The tires that came on it were reportedly unsafe, so I changed those out myself. Such is life with the latest travel trailers. A sad state of the industry. I cannot fully recommend this brand.
- Curtiss Ann Matlock, Alabama

2021-10-09 2019 Venture RV Sonic 231VRL View Listings

I would never recommend it. It’s not like this is our first RV, it’s our 3rd. It tows great with our 4 runner. Looks like someone started to finish the kitchen draws and stopped before they were finished.
- Stephanie Griffin, Florida

2021-10-09 2021 Shasta by Forest River Shasta 21CK View Listings

We love the layout and interior finishes of our new Shasta, however there are a lot of parts that have been cheaply made or assembled. Our RV has already been in the shop a few times this year for warranty work. Our electric water heater board was faulty, our sink drains were not installed properly and caused leaks, and the seat backs of our dinette were not screwed in, causing tears in the fabric. The exterior shower was not assembled properly, so that was another leak we had to deal with. Our inside shower has recently started leaking from behind the insert and the siding has also separated from underneath the steps. Last night our heater stopped working, so we will need to bring it back for more warranty work. Although I love the camper, I am extremely disappointed in the quality of the assembly in the factory.
- Sandra Schmidt, Washington

2021-10-09 2016 Jayco Jay Flight Bungalow 40BHTS View Listings

2 bedroom 1 bath bungalow 41.5 feet 3 slide outs stainless steel kitchen package. Sleeps 6. Futon,queen bed and pull out couch. 2 air conditioners 50 amp. Currently in Orange City. Vacuum hooked up in unit. Washer and dryer hookup.
- Mary, Florida

2021-10-09 2017 Grand Design Reflection 315RLTS View Listings

We had our 2017 for 5 years,husband,2 puppies and me loved the design and never used all storage areas.Started to look at 351 momentum Ms.We kept ours up and had just put new tires,we fixed anything that we were able,as good luck with help from dealers.Started looking,poor quality on 2 that we looked at.Grand design has best quality cabinets so far,never used table,too tight for us.Buy what makes u the happiest..
- Carolyn veniot, Michigan

2021-10-09 2021 Forest River Salem Hemisphere 273RL View Listings

If your job at manufacturing is to connect the island sink drain line, at least take the time to make sure you dont cross thread the connection. Not even 1 night sleeping in the trailer and fixing already. Scared of what's coming next as I have to live in this for the next year building a HOSPITAL! Hopefully it gets better.
- Clay Starkweather, South Carolina

2021-10-09 2018 Grand Design Imagine 2670MK View Listings

This Imagine 2670MK feels like a luxury apartment with the cozy fireplace and very large kitchen with Island. The bath and shower are spacious with plenty of storage. The master is comfortable and has 3 hanging cupboards and lots of other storage. Outdoor kichen and huge awning are great.
- Janis, California