Love the floor plan. Slides make it roomy, very roomy, I’m 6’4 260 lbs and find it to be very accommodating. Fords V8 has plenty of power, trans is smooth. A number of “quality” issues arose on our first two camp nights, which were on our way home from the purchase. It was 30 degrees out at night, so we got to test the heater and cold weather operation. Let me say I have had and worked on other RV’s so I am familiar with their systems and construction. The bathroom had no heat, literally zero flow from the vent. I took the drawers out of the wardrobe, and found the bathroom heat duct literally cut in half (it’s a foil duct, like your dryer has). I made room for the duct by trimming away some of the wood on the inside (unseen) are of the wardrobe, and repaired the duct with a paper towel tube wrapped once in aluminum tape (trust me, it works). So now there is heat and good flow at the bathroom vent.
If you use this RV in winter, do yourself a favor and buy a 25 dollar electric dehumidifier for it. We had 5 sleeping in it and the condensation was crazy! The daytime sun cleared it up, but I ordered a dehumidifier after the first night.
The hood over the stove was cocked and off by about an inch and 1/2. I pulled the hood, and found the vent needed a “better job” of sealing at the hood to the outside, so I used more aluminum tape to fix the vent seal, then re-installed the hood itself, making sure it was level. It looks and works great now.
The LP heater rattled like crazy, I pulled the vent cover to access it, and found the grommet not installed where the line went into the unit. It was there, just not installed. I also found the wires in this area not tied up/ supported, so I did that too. Rattles stopped!
Under neath, the battery and step wires right near the power step, under the chassis, were not supported and were in fact hanging down so low I’m suprised they didn’t scrape the road. But they hadn’t, so I used some heavy duty zip straps and secured them above the bottom edge of the frame rail. Crisis averted! Then, also under the chassis, the black tank sensor wires were hanging loosely under the strap beneath the tank, so I installed wire looms to prevent chafing through the insulation, and zipp strapped them securely as well. Another crisis diverted!
On the table/ bench area, the bench closest to the front has electrical installed inside it. The screws that were used to mount the junction box to the bench had screws that were way too long, and were poking the material outward. How this didn’t rip through the fabric is beyond me, and I consider this a lucky break that I caught it. I removed the screws and replaced them with appropriate shorter ones.
After these fixes, I’m ready for another trip! I will say the heater works great, the faucets all work great, the shower probably needs to be caulked at the top to keep water from duetting behind the insert wall. At 6’4, the skylight in the shower is actually there for headroom. I’m talking I could not use the shower if this skylight was not there. But it is, and it works!
The bunk ladder has two hooks that put it directly in the center of the rig, making it impossible to get in the cockpit for ANYTHING. So I purchased a replacement hook on line, and mounted it so the ladder can now be used at center, or behind the drivers seat. This solution is so cool I can’t believe it’s not standard.
The exterior speakers are super loud, I was surprised they are of good quality. However, the switch was not wired securely, I had intermittent cutting out of the speakers. I pulled the interior/exterior speaker switch, crimped the wires and connectors more securely, and guess what? Crisis averted!
I could not imagine needing to take this thing to the dealer for all these fixes, I have heard horror stories of the time and frustrations for dealer support/ repairs. I did my own in a day, after my test camping trip. If you buy one of these, I highly recommend you have basic tools and skills, don’t rely on the dealer to fix the “house”.
One last thing, the cushions at the table actually slip off when driving, due to no Velcro on them. Buy a roll of Velcro, glue AND STAPLE the Velcro to the wooden portion of the bench, the secure portions, NOT the removable cargo bin covers. The cushions themselves have fuzzy material on the back side that grips just great to the Velcro. Another crisis averted.
I sincerely hope these tips help new owners! Thanks! If I have any other issues to report, I’ll write another review.