Class A - Gas RVs Reviews (1,448)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Class A - Gas RVs Reviews and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of these RVs.

James R. Rohan from New York says:

Have you owned any Class A - Gas RVs? Write a review

Voted Most Helpful Review 2015 Thor Motor Coach Axis 24.1 View Listings

I have been in camping with RV's for more than 50 years and currently have a 5th wheel and this Axis unit, so I do have some experience with RV's. I purchased this unit in September 2014 and to date have not been able to utilize this unit as designed. I have and currently have so many things go wrong or are wrong that I could not recommend not only this unit but any unit manufactured by Thor. I have not gotten what might be considered help from Thor to correct issues. The latest issues are once again with the awning and since having leaking windows is causing de-lamination of a inside wall. I have filed under NY's lemon law to have the unit returned and get all monies that I have spent returned. I cannot and will not recommend this unit or any other unit manufactured by Thor.
- James R. Rohan, New York

2019-10-21 2017 Thor Motor Coach Vegas 25.3 View Listings

- karisa blood, New York

2019-10-20 2012 Forest River Georgetown XL 350TS View Listings

We have had to rebuild cupboards, took out fire place to make more cupboard space, the queen short bed is ridiculous with a husband 6’, that slide should be deeper, a lot of wasted space inside. Back window should be able to open, the air in bedroom to loud to sleep would never buy this unit again. Service was terrible. Stairs broke first time out on a trip. It was three when we got it I bet the owner traded with so much wrong. Furniture Material fell apart right after we bought it. We paid to much to be able to sell it to some one else would not wish this unit on any one.
- Ronald , Michigan

2019-10-20 2013 Winnebago Sightseer 30A View Listings

This Sightseer is our 3rd motorhome. It has been very reliable. Winnebago has a long reputation of long lasting motor-homes. The heavy duty chassis with the 22.5" tires rides very nice. Towing a jeep or trailer behind is no problem. The horsepower is the highest of any motorhome we have had. Climbs hill better than our friends. The 30 ft length is perfect for all campgrounds. Overall very little issues in past 7 years. Highly recommend the brand.
- Dean, California

2019-10-20 2016 Jayco Precept 35UP View Listings

Just came across a review of the Jayco Precept 35 UP, and totally surprised and sad that someone with the same type of unit that we own, has had a totally different experience. We have enjoyed just about every aspect of our “second” home, and have never had any leaks, slide problems, ac problems, etc. Yes, we have experienced minor issues that come from rolling across the country- 50,000 miles in 3 years! Some trim has come loose, the cabinet bases are cheap and one of the shelves failed, our water pump just gave out-($150 fix). Yes, they are mass produced and it’s obvious, they are put together very quickly, but overall, we’ve been so happy with it. The layout is incredible. Love the big kitchen, and overhead bunk.
- Wendy Edwards, Alabama

2019-10-18 2019 Winnebago Intent 29L View Listings

Winnebago set out to build an entry level Class A coach. They succeeded. It is a fair value at this price point. Minor issues: I am afraid to use the faust fixtures for fear they will snap. They head lights do not go off automatically like most new cars. Worse, there is not audible signal when you leave them on. To hook up your own DVD player in the living area you must step on the bench seat. The TVs are not connected. To watch a DVD movie in the bedroom, you need to move the player or have a second player. MAJOR ISSUES: The shocks are terrible ( you feel every bump). The steering has so much play as to be dangerous. I expect to spend a couple thousand to get it drivable. They aimed for basic and went CHEAP. Too bad.
- Michael D'Spain, Texas

2019-10-16 2016 Thor Motor Coach Vegas 25.2 View Listings

My wife and I have been very happy with this RV. It was a step up for us moving from a travel trailer and we used it to tow a Jeep Wrangler. It is very comfortable to drive and tows easily with its 8K lb capacity. The compact size makes this RV easily maneuverable for any camp site and the amenities make it a great place to spend several days. We have decided to sell because we want to move to something larger as we look at spending even more time enjoying the great outdoors.
- Mike, California

2019-10-15 2018 Fleetwood Storm 32A View Listings

We purchased this 2018 Fleetwood Storm 32A slightly used and are loving it. The quality of the build is great. The only thing we've had problems out of is the Atwood OD50 Tankless Water Heater, I so wish it had anything else! Scalding hot, then ice cold, but seldom right where you need it. It's a great idea, but a very poor application. Other than that, the Storm is perfect for us. We'll be full time an another year or two and this will be our home. We use it almost every weekend and for extended trips when we can. So many little extra features like the powered vent fans, nice powered awning, auto-start generator and built in inverter. We like the Vaccu-flush toilet, we can go a week or more and not fill up the black tank. I wish the gray tank was a little bigger but I think the problem is the the water heater irregularity... The Pantry is such a wonderful use of space and the fireplace is awesome, putting enough heat to warm us in the cooler mornings and evenings. Love the automatica Satellite on the roof and the leveling system is top notch. This is what we needed, exactly. I cant think of anything extra we need to add to it, it came with everything! Solar... Yes, we will want Solar in the next year or so. Enjoy!
- Jeff B, Tennessee

2019-10-15 2018 Thor Motor Coach Windsport 31S View Listings

The floor plan is well laid out and plenty of room for everyone. Having an outside kitchen is a great convenience and the outside gas hook up for your grill is great. Love having the outside TV. The V10 has plenty of power to climb hills and tow. My 14 foot trailer pulls like its not even there. Storage is good but wish outside compartments were bigger. Did not like the way it handled going down the road till I up graded the suspension now it drives and handle really well. I do not recommend using Camping World for warranty work. I have had really bad experience with them. I had to find another Thor dealer to repair my RV.
- Steve Snow, New Hampshire

2019-10-13 2018 Winnebago Intent 30R View Listings

Purchased a new 2018 Winnebago Intent. Have had same prob as I'm reading from others. Very poor quality. Extremely long waits to get in for a warranty repair. Longer wait once the service dept gets it. I've been told a week, took months. No other reason than the part was never ordered, although I cont to call and ask. I had to call the factory to find this out. Constantly dealing with repairs. Now the rollout shade is beginning to come apart, and the passenger's night shade won't budge, up or down. Same prob as others with entry door flying open as I'm driving down the road. Added SumoSprings for a stable ride. Upgraded bed. Going to add TV over entry door. Looking to replace front seats for something comfortable. Since our purchase, the service dept has had it longer than I've been able to use it. At least now I'm out of warranty and will go somewhere else for repairs... Which seem to never end.
- Russell, California

2019-10-13 2017 Thor Motor Coach Vegas 25.3 View Listings

For more info visit https://sites.google.com/view/20017-thor-vegas/home The RV is like BRAND NEW both inside and out, elderly owned and dearly cared for. It ONLY has 5725 miles. Everything works and look just like it did the day it was assembled. It is a 1-OWNER and clean and clear TITLE also has a clean CARFAX report, it was never damaged in any way shape or form. The RV will sleep 6 people. It has 2 TV's inside and one on the outside. Great stereo, separate radio and speakers in the bedroom, with speakers on the outside as well. The dash unit will mirror you phone NAVIGATION, it also has backup camera and side view camera on the mirror. Automatic awning with LED lights around. Any interested buyer will be allowed to inspect the RV prior to sale or have a third party person or agency inspect it. Other than the price nothing is different on this RV than a BRAND NEW one.
- tuckermcdiarmid925@gmail.com, California

2019-10-13 2005 Forest River Georgetown XL 359TS View Listings

Solid motor and transmission. Easy steering with Roadmaster stabilizer. Good floor plan with toilet separated from shower/sink. All new tires make for a safe and stable ride. LOTS of storage inside and out, big bin for golf clubs. Handles mountain grades well, passed trucks on a long steep grade in the Rockies.
- Richard Lowder, California

2019-10-11 2019 Fleetwood Flair 29M View Listings

Bought this RV in Jan 2019 from RV World League City TX. Terrible followup and customer service . Could not even get a call back on issues. Had to go to another dealer for help. My RV has been in the shop seven times since purchased. From the first time out we had problems, the roof had a leak. No power to electrical in rear of vehicle. No AC even though generator worked fine. The entrance door was not aligned. Refrigerator door need replacement. Had to order both entrance and frig door waiting time two months. Next time out, interior lining on outside storage compartments came loose. AC not working had to replace. Vehicle pulling to the right was told this was my problem and not a warranty issue. Pluming for sink broke loose, shower need resealing. Auto leveling system panel had to be replaced and one jack replaced. Although factory parts arrived waiting time of upto 2 months seems quite long. Really kinda scared to take the thing out, don't know if something else will break. Most likely will be putting it up sale very soon. Would not recommend this buy.
- TIM BRISCOE, Texas

2019-10-10 2020 Georgetown 5 Series GT5 31L5 View Listings

This is our 3rd Motorhome and by far the best. We have had it for about four months and so far so good. The floorplan is near perfect. The handling on the road is very stable and strong. The finishes are not as good as a high end but we knew that going into the purchase. A little super glue and polish and it is very nice to look at and live in. the exterior surfaces are very durable and stay clean looking even when not. The bathroom/shower is spacious and usable. The bedroom is a little tight but not an issue so far. The sofa is a dream come true and the dinette gives you much legroom and comfort. There are two engineering issues with the coach. The first minor one is the bathroom faucet is placed far back from the sink and you can't use it with out getting some water on the back part of the counter. The major issue is with the entire exterior water/sewage area. Whoever designed this must have never RVed or is a complete idiot. The water attachments/outside shower are in such a poor position that they are nearly impossible to use. I removed the outside shower as it smashed up against the door each time upon closing and cracked the face plate inside. The water attachments (city/fresh fill/black rinse) cannot be used with the door closed so I bought a l fill for the water and only do the other when needed....but the biggest issue with this area is the sewer, black and grey....dump. You must forcefully tilt it into position to use in which only a very limber small child can get to. The Levers for both tanks are so far recessed that you cannot tell where they are and when they are fully back into closed position. I am sure no one from Forest River will read this, so it is for a warning to anyone considering a purchased of this otherwise wonderful RV. The other item I might mention is the inferior or non customer service from the FR service hotline.....2 email inquiries...no response. All this being said we love our new GT5.
- Tom Rudolph, California

2019-10-09 2012 Thor Motor Coach Hurricane 34J Bunkhouse View Listings

This is a good time Rv, room to spare none, privacy, kids love the BUNKS!!! The only issue with this Rv is not enough time. Always a hit at our musical festivals, tailgating, or that favorite park. Drives great, an Rv that's easy ! FRom the electric awning to the super slide area, custom colors inside and out. Graphics are a standout. Special tow bar and even a warranty to go with the unit, bunk over the cab (kids love). Now is the time to buy and enjoy! PLan that long trip, or fall in mountains. Outside dining and entertaining on the Tv,. This Rv always eye-catcher in the park. Feel free to email for more info or pictures! ----------------two 70-nine-nine 3 three 9 one 6
- John Hill, Kentucky

2019-10-08 2020 Holiday Rambler Admiral 32S View Listings

I have owned over 9 RV in my life. This one we have less than a month and I been sitting at the dealer for 2 days now. When the dealer was delivering the unit they had to turn around and have the steering wheel put in the correct position The factory never hooked the black water tank hose to the tank. When we hooked it up we had water run in the bathroom floor and in compartments The dealer had to take interior and exterior walls apart for bathroom to connect the black water flush line Where the sewer connection hooked up out side we could not put the compartment cover on it. The dealer had to take gray and black discharge line apart and cut them The generator quit putting power quit putting 120 volts on the way to the dealer dealer had to get parts The wipers would not work properly The backup camera is hard to see its so dark The radio hardly picks up any stations Would a night mare poor quality. We only used once can’t wait to see what else will go wrong. Bought to enjoy retirement days and ready to sell it!!!!
- Lynn and Joseph Egan, Florida

2019-10-08 2019 Forest River Georgetown 30X3 View Listings

Since buying my new 2019 FR3 30X3 IT IS PLAGUED BY MANY PROBLEMS 1 wrong couch used when made into a bed the bottom of the bed is 4 inches lower than the front with a 2 inch gap between cushions Mike Hale from Forest River was going to replace it .After two weeks he reneged on this and gave me an option of theater seating which is of no use for my application .Extending the legs and a air mattress . All i want is the right couch for this unit .Was told that it would hit the counter top when extended which is hard to believe as there is over 8 feet from slide out to counter top .This couch has no tags as to manufacturer or content as required by law Not to pleased when this is the way they treat customers. 2 Roof damaged and patched now showing cracking .Will see what my dealer will do . 3 Floor in shower cracked 4 water pump cracked 5 Decal split
- George, Ontario

2019-10-07 2019 Fleetwood Flair 32S View Listings

This unit is starting to spend more time back at the dealer than on the road. Every time we go out we end up having to go back into the shop. Each time it has something to do with the drivers side slide. First it wouldn't close all the way, then leaking around the seals, they have to replace all the rollers and now we're out camping and getting ready to move and the slide won't close at all. Of course it's a weekend and we can't get anything done. Called a dealer that was open and was told we needed to call back tomorrow after 9:00 am when their shop opens. Didn't bother about taking my information to have them call me when they come in. Tried calling the Fleetwood assistance number and got a recording to call Monday - Friday. Piss poor customer service.
- Steve, Florida

2019-10-06 2018 Winnebago Intent 31P View Listings

So, we have had our intent for 3 days on the road now and have had nothing but problems! Entrance door flies open when driving, bottom step sticks terrible. Leveling jacks malfunctioned and wouldn’t retract. Side window won’t close and latch. Screens don’t fit properly and fall out. Rear breaks are stuck on. Bed above seats is way to close to the ceiling. USB port in front cab doesn’t work. Light switch for led front lights has short. Front grill fell off while driving. Inverter doesn’t work. Steering out of alignment. No weather proof boxes around your hydraulic systems or the wiring and the house batteries or wiring, just so they can create more revenue for the service dept. tank light indicator doesn’t work. NOT MADE Well at all!!! We haven’t made it home yet to get it in for warranty work so not sure how that’s going to be. Will update as we go
- Amy Crotty, Florida

2019-10-03 2002 National RV Dolphin LX 6356 View Listings

I loved the space it has and the shower with alot of room.Also the grey,black tanks have alot of volume room.The gas tank is huge too.Bed slides out in the bedroom making alot more room.The closet has alot of hanging space too.Tons of storage inside and out.The micro convection oven is great!The side by side frig freezer has alot of room and the icemaker is nice.I like the counter space with double sink.and the gas stove.The couch makes out to a queen bed and the bedroom bed is also queen.The table makes out to a bed.
- fjbroyles@gmail.com, Washington

2019-10-02 2017 Fleetwood Flair 30P View Listings

This rig is a 29 ft and what a beautiful maneuvering motorhome. Very nice layout with 2 swivel captain 2 tone chairs. Back up camera. Sofa that lays to a bed. Eating table that also folds to a bed. Above drivers seats a queen size bed electrically come down. Beautiful laid out kitchen with 3 burner stove, oven and microwave. Rear bedroom had queen size bed plenty of storage. 3 tv’s. 2 stereo systems. So much to list.
- Penny Lagattolla, Florida

2019-10-02 2015 Itasca Suncruiser 38Q View Listings

Strong V-10 platform/chassis. Terrific interior layout. Loads of storage. Had some initial problems that the dealer corrected Extended service contract repaired the a/c units and recall fixed the steps. Engine oil changed twice yearly. Lifestyle change not needing a large motorhome anymore.
- D T, New York

2019-10-02 2019 Thor Motor Coach Vegas 24.1 View Listings

Pluses: -Windows give amazing views -awesome underneath storage -passenger side lap desk -5 seatbelts -great size—not too big but roomy enough -dressing area -nice size fridge and freezer -king or 2 twins in back, easy to use since not a slideout bed -side slideout makes it feel a lot bigger Minuses: -poor craftsmanship
- Km , Maryland

2019-10-01 2018 Thor Motor Coach Windsport 35M View Listings

What a lemon. We purchased this RV brand new. The initial list of problems contained 14 items. Since then, the steps have broke twice, the awning fell off, the hot water heater stopped working, the cab bed won't stay up, the kitchen table won't lock in place, the Jack's stopped working, the rear camera stopped working, and one of the awning arms sticks out. These are just the big issues, there are too many little problems to list (drawer locks breaking, trim falling off, etc). I love the layout of the coach but the problems have made vacationing with it a nightmare.
- Ed Kluk, Michigan

2019-10-01 2011 Winnebago Adventurer 32H View Listings

I don't know anything about the driving and warranty because this isn't my motorhome. But, I've spent some weekends in this home-on-wheels. It's beautiful and clean! Has all the amenities for a comfortable stay. Outdoor television and retractable awning is perfect for baseball and football games with family and friends. Two slide-outs for roomy living and bedroom space.
- Dianne Owens, Wisconsin