Class A - Gas Reviews on RV Insider (1,750)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Class A - Gas RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

James R. Rohan from New York says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2015 Thor Motor Coach Axis 24.1 View Listings

I have been in camping with RV's for more than 50 years and currently have a 5th wheel and this Axis unit, so I do have some experience with RV's. I purchased this unit in September 2014 and to date have not been able to utilize this unit as designed. I have and currently have so many things go wrong or are wrong that I could not recommend not only this unit but any unit manufactured by Thor. I have not gotten what might be considered help from Thor to correct issues. The latest issues are once again with the awning and since having leaking windows is causing de-lamination of a inside wall. I have filed under NY's lemon law to have the unit returned and get all monies that I have spent returned. I cannot and will not recommend this unit or any other unit manufactured by Thor.
- James R. Rohan, New York

2020-09-18 2019 Newmar Canyon Star 3722 View Listings

Very poor workmanship , the rear slide out walls on both sides are oblong where the slides go in , which means the cutouts are not square . went to other dealers and noticed other models had the same problem no matter what the model . my fibreglass roof has dips in it and when it rains I have 7 water puddles , sooner or later will leak in the coach .the roof has bulging areas which means the one piece roof is not the proper size on my unit . BUYERS CHECK THESE ITEMS BEFORE YOU BUY .
- Peter Lylick, Alberta

2020-09-18 2016 Holiday Rambler Vacationer 36DBT View Listings

We purchased our 2016 Vacationer brand new in 2018. I thought this motorhome would be the only one for us. Since we purchased it we have had issue after issue. It was in the shop for weeks right after we purchased it. Finally we got it back and then a recall which we can’t seem to get fixed by the dealership. Our satellite is hit or miss, and we can’t figure out how the whole entertainment system works and neither can the dealership. The pump in our bathroom might work or it might not. The speakers on the outside entertainment center are not working properly. I wish I had my time to do this one over. I always thought Holiday Rambler was high end but I guess I was mistaken.
- Elaine Chaffin, Tennessee

2020-09-16 2008 Thor Motor Coach Windsport 36R View Listings

Like the miles looks in good condition. How many owners? Does it has a clean title? Any roof leaks? Saw some dust underneath the gas tank where is the unit stored? Please advise I am interested in the rv
- Ernie Vasquez, Texas

2020-09-14 2016 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 30.1 View Listings

Just purchased a 2016 Thor Majestic 28A from Cruise America in Kissimmee Florida. A rental fleet unit with a refurbishment process and it was fully equiped and tested. Great price point for an entry level motorcoach. What really made me feel this was a great way to go was the response I received when I experienced a problem on our first journey two weeks after our purchase. I contacted the sales rep I had dealt with, Jason. He asked a couple of questions and asked if I could be at his location the next morning. The next morning I arrived at 9am and 10am I was back on the road... no cost just great service and bear in mind, this was not a power train issue which is the only warrantied system with the sale. Jason or his manager could'a reminded me that I declined purchasing any of the extended warranties but instead what I got was great service... and the review is supposed the be about the motorcoach. It's great and we're really happy with it. A great unit to start with.
- Vic, Florida

2020-09-14 2016 Jayco Precept 31UL View Listings

We found this RV to be very "homelike,' comfortable with more than adequate storage. Especially like the separate toilet/vanity and shower. The only reason we are selling is for health issues--two back surgeries soon after purchasing this home new. Especially appreciate the spectacular view this home affords. You can see everything while you ride.
- lgshelton0403, Mississippi

2020-09-13 2019 Entegra Coach Vision 29S View Listings

We purchased this new to us with 1500 miles showing. Love the floor plan and the quality interior. We’ve had issues with the steps, refrigerator and pads. Each time the customer service department went out of their way to assist us with fixing the problem. They were always informative and helpful. Over the years we’ve had about 9 different campers by several manufacturers. We’ve had travel trailers and 5th wheels. This is by far the best one yet. This unit easily tows our dolly containing the Prius.
- Geri Robinett, Florida

2020-09-12 2009 Damon Daybreak 3575 View Listings

I would like to purchase this RV. I'm retired now, single and ready to be a full time camper. I've been camping for two and a half years now. I own a TT 34' now. I'm extremely interested in this purchase. I'm a serious buyer.
- Johnnie Mae Pitts, South Carolina

2020-09-11 2014 Thor Motor Coach Vegas RUV 24.1 View Listings

Great model, huge panoramic windshield, great swivel captain chairs up front, perfect drop down bed and couch that together sleeps 3 additional people. Outdoor entertainment system, 3 burner stove, convection oven, microwave, great sleep area for master room ! This unit is awesome.
- Susan Tacovsky, New Hampshire

2020-09-11 2016 Winnebago Sightseer 35G View Listings

Love this unit, floor plan, convenience, overall design and functionality is extremely appealing.Winnebago has presented a product and price point that more than competes with more expensive coaches of this size!!
- Robert Ouellette, Florida

2020-09-09 2021 Fleetwood Bounder 33C View Listings

We purchased a Fleetwood Bounder 33C on 07-23-20. Right from the start, 13 miles down the road the ABS Brake light & Traction Control lights came on. This had happened during our test drive. Dealer had taken it to Ford for 5 days who replaced a wheel speed sensor. So back to our Ford dealer for 3 more days. Ford returned with lights out saying they felt is was an electrical issue. We left on 08-08 for a 5 week road trip. Second day our Check Engine light comes on Flashing along with the ABS & Traction Control lights. Called a Ford dealer on 08-10 first 5 said we were to big for them to work on, dealer 6 said they would look at our problem. However, we had to wait 1 week before they would look at it. They found 3 cylinders misfiring one completely dead. Today is day 31 waiting on Ford to supply us with 3 spark plug wires. Once the engine is fixed & driveable Ford can address the ABS & Traction Control lights along with replacing the broken Transmission dipstick bracket & replacing the Sumo Spring the fell off. Not bad for first 1200 miles. Real problem is lack of support from Fleetwood, General RV the dealer or Ford. We lived for 3 weeks in one place waiting for Ford to find parts. After 3 weeks our holding tanks were full & we had to rent a van to haul our 5 weeks of stuff back 1200 miles home. The coach is parked in Fords parking lot. Mind you this is just Fords problems, once coach is drivable it goes back to General RV to work on the 30 plus items that need fixing. Same as others have noted while driving parts are falling to the floor. The tiled wall screws holding the brackets attached to the tiled wall pulled out of the wall ripping the wallpaper. When it rained water was leaking in so fast we had to ring the towels out every 3 minutes, Water was coming up through the floorboard. We found water running in behind the sink on top of the ledge for the outside TV, then down the wall & up through the floor. To many issues to cover. Bottom line, NO SUPPORT from FLEETWOOD or FORD. We now are making payments on a coach we do not have for past 31 days & next Ford parts update is on 09-15-20.
- Edd Dilworth, Florida

2020-09-09 2020 Fleetwood Fortis 34MB View Listings

Purchased 2020 Fleetwood Fortis in Feb 2020. Overall like the unit but not satisfied with either warranty work or manufacturer support. Heater has not worked in five months. Dealer attempted to repair more than once but no luck. Battery relay kept shutting off house batteries randomly. Dealer again attempted three times to fix. No luck. Finally ordered and paid for a new battery relay and installed. Problem solved. Returned old part for credit but Fleetwood cannot seem to make that happen. One window shade broken. Requested replacement from Fleetwood. At first they wanted me to take it nearly 500 miles round trip to a dealer. I said no way. Then they asked for a picture which was sent. Still no shade or reply from Fleetwood. Having also purchased two new Tiffins the difference between factory support from Tiffin and Fleetwood is like night vs day. Tiffin jumps thru hoops to get the customer what they need in a timely manner.
- Robert Magee, Arizona

2020-09-08 2019 Thor Motor Coach Windsport 29M View Listings

Worst Motorhome I’ve ever had. The bunk has never worked and after taking it into BYoung RV multiple times (mind you it’s a year old) and purchasing the extended warranty, it’s a piece of 💩. The dealer is nothing but hassle factor and charging for everything. Buyer beware and read reviews....wish we had!
- Kim Kelley, Oregon

2020-09-07 2020 Tiffin Allegro Open Road 36LA View Listings

We love our Tiffin. It’s beautiful, classy & sleek. Lot of room & storage. Master bath has a big shower, feels like a shower in your residential home. She’s built study, With high quality furniture. Did I mention the storage downstairs and on the coach. My Open Road is like glamping. It has liquid springs that provide a smooth ride. I love how Tiffin has cornered the market on the sleek ceilings. Air conditioners aren’t visible. The floor lighting allows you to see thru out the coach in the evening without bright lights. I so happy that we bought a gas vs a Diesel engine. Tiffins’ 6.8L V10 Triton with 320hp does an exception job rolling up and down the hillsides. I can’t help but smile showing off our coach. She’s definitely built Ford tuff but has the class & style of luxury.
- Rene Tudor, Illinois

2020-09-06 2018 Fleetwood Storm 36F View Listings

I will continue to write these reviews until Rev RV responds - which means I'll be writing reviews until my dying day. DO NOT BUY a Fleetwood. Worst motor coach you can own due to the fact that the quality is just not there and things are so cheaply thrown together. I can write a novel on the things wrong with this thing and I've already written a few reviews with the problem. But make sure you see this - if you like cold showers this is the thing for you. We paid for an on demand system so we have continuous hot water. What a joke. This thing will scald you with third degree burns. You either have scalding water or cold water, you can't get warm or comfortable. Right now our system is putting out cold. We found that the OD 50 Atwood system that is in our 2018 unit has a recall from either 2015 or 2016 for the scalding issues - so I ask the question - why does our 2018 have this system? It matches the serial numbers that are listed in the recall. Rev RV just takes your money and runs while providing nothing else. I wonder if they laugh all the way to the bank while us fools deal with trying to get our POS RVs fixed.
- vneumanntig, Maryland

2020-09-06 2016 Forest River Georgetown 364TS View Listings

I chose it for the floor plan and price. The floor plan is perfect for a family with kids and the value for the price was outstanding. It was great for a 2 month around the country trip. It performed really well and was easy to drive. I would definitely recommend it to others.
- Deborah Abrams, California

2020-09-06 2017 Newmar Bay Star 3401 View Listings

Purchased coach, the awning never worked and was a problem trying to retract while camping. the Frig never worked and dealer would not work with us on finding a replacement coach for the time, since parts to fix both could take weeks or months. This was a Bay Star and was only one day old when the problems started. Not a happy camper.
- Babcock, Idaho

2020-09-03 2004 National RV Sea Breeze LX 8321LX View Listings

This is a wonderful, fun and easy to drive RV. I completed a 4,700 mile trip from Tucson to the Upper peninsula of Michigan this past July and the RV performed flawlessly. It is very livable and comfortable as I lived in it for 2 years prior. Willing to negotiate on price as I have purchased a new home.
- Gregory Williams, Arizona

2020-09-03 1995 Chevrolet Cobra Phoenix View Listings

The RV is a great deal and very reliable with only 15,000. Plus the spark plug wires are new as is the air filter and three (3)batteries. After being stored for several years, it started right up. Overall this vehicle is good to go anywhere without worries. Extras include: all living amenities included for camping, cooking and other necessaries. Sleeps eight (8). Must see and test drive to appreciate.
- Daniel Kapetan, Nevada

2020-09-03 2016 Forest River Georgetown 270S View Listings

This motor home has been an exceptionally well built and dependable motor home with the Ford F53 chassis and V10 engine. Forest River designed and built a quality product that is easy to drive, park and maneuver with or without a towed vehicle. This is a short length Class A, moreso than many Class Cs, but with the extra storage space of an A and the standard higher floor I find it to be much more attractive than Class Cs. King size bed, 2 air conditioners with heat pumps, very nice interior, large bathroom and shower all add to the attractiveness, to me. If you don't need a huge rig and are interested in getting into a Class A or downsizing from a larger rig of whatever type, take a look at this one.
- Steve Wolfe, Texas

2020-09-03 2020 Jayco Alante 29F View Listings

my vehicle had been more in service than I have it and I still not able to go Camping. Just recently it did expend more than 2 months in the shop.Must techs did not know the problems with the Camera, TV and radio programing and reception,Awning,Flood light out and not LED, hood locks, grill replace, rear camera replace twice, mirror cameras fix,rear right rear light replaced etc.
- Dennis Rodriguez Esteban, Florida

2020-09-02 2000 Forest River Georgetown 325S View Listings

I really like the Sleep Number bed. The Arctic Package is a big plus to keep tanks from freezing. Driving is not as difficult as I expected especially with the new Furrion backup camera. The Ford V10 engine is awesome. Quite, powerful and reliable.
- Marc Ruel , Virginia

2020-09-02 2018 Newmar Bay Star 3124 View Listings

You get what you pay for! Newmar is unsurpassed in quality and customer service is top notch. They listen to their customers and every year improve upon the previous year. Perfect layout, you cannot believe how much room you can get in a 31ft RV.
- Jeff Tripp, North Carolina

2020-08-30 2019 Winnebago Vista 29VE View Listings

I used to hold Winnebagos in high regard, but no more! I worked hard all my life and dreamed of retirement and motor home enjoyment for many years, but I have been sorely disappointed with this make and model!!! First off, the alignment was terrible; my husband could not believe it was possible to drive it from the factory to Texas in that condition. Had it aligned (I was told it required wedges to correct). Had to literally fight with dealership to pay for the repair, as they said that was not a warranty issue. Next we experienced issues with side compartment doors popping open as we drove; noted by the dealership, but no fix offered. Side entry door closes extremely hard; must be slammed shut most of the time. Dealership acknowledged this door was problematic, but offered no solution. After several months, we noticed that the back wall was separating from the unit. Took it to the dealership and was told that after checking with Winnebago that they should just screw it back in place.....WHAT??? I was dumbfounded, so I called Winnebago, and indeed that was their solution. We asked for an extended warranty, and was told they would put a note in our file-gee thanks. While waiting to get the wall fixed, the generator went out after only 3 hours of use. Unit is now at dealership to be repaired, and we just got a text that we need a new back wall; maybe several months before that can happen. Overall material used in unit is vinyl and tape. My retirement dream has been so painful; do yourself a favor and stay far away from this make and model!
- Patricia Zimmerman, Texas

2020-08-29 2018 Winnebago Vista 27PE View Listings

After a disappointing experience with a 2015 (new) View, we're very happy with this rig. It has a reliable albeit slightly loud Triton engine, always starts (including through the Rockies winters), no issues with slides, leaks, or pumps. LOVE the power bed -- much more comfortable for adults than those cab-over bunks. Winnebago should update the styling --the mustard yellow and dark wood circa 1950 theme is VERY tired (but we're going to paint it, so that's fine). The couch is uncomfortable, we'll be ripping it out and replacing it with recliners, and painting the inside a brighter color. Other than that, very happy at 15,000 miles in.
- Don, Colorado