Class A - Gas RVs Reviews (1,489)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Class A - Gas RVs Reviews and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of these RVs.

James R. Rohan from New York says:

Have you owned any Class A - Gas RVs? Write a review

Voted Most Helpful Review 2015 Thor Motor Coach Axis 24.1 View Listings

I have been in camping with RV's for more than 50 years and currently have a 5th wheel and this Axis unit, so I do have some experience with RV's. I purchased this unit in September 2014 and to date have not been able to utilize this unit as designed. I have and currently have so many things go wrong or are wrong that I could not recommend not only this unit but any unit manufactured by Thor. I have not gotten what might be considered help from Thor to correct issues. The latest issues are once again with the awning and since having leaking windows is causing de-lamination of a inside wall. I have filed under NY's lemon law to have the unit returned and get all monies that I have spent returned. I cannot and will not recommend this unit or any other unit manufactured by Thor.
- James R. Rohan, New York

2019-12-05 2014 Fleetwood Bounder 35K View Listings

We purchased this unit used at lazydays fl due to the 2nd bathroom and the comments we heard about it's robust build. We've taken it camping to different states and loved our times. skip ahead 3 years and we've replaced the vacu flush 2 times and its broken again, the plastic cable which was attached to the slide-out is still broken (it broke during check-in at lazydays which we finally found out 3 months later), the bounder's fridge door always flies open as does the panty door when I make a left turn, it is top heavy and you will feel it when driving. Speaking of driving, you will feel turbulence when being passed by a big semi truck. And today we sit without 12v power and the mobile rv repair tech can't make it to us till next week to fix it. Being without 12v on the bounder means, the fridge is out, the power management system is out in the bedroom which means the heater is out, the a/c and heater unit on the ceiling is out, all lights of course so it is a major pain. The TV's are in a position that makes it hard to reach behind if you want to replace it with a smart tv, we tried to put one of our dvd players in the bedroom but the wiring negates it so we left it out, this is our third RV and has really changed our mind about RV'ing, and we are now looking at going back from full-timing in our RV to living in the home. also speaking of the vacu flush, it is located in the rear accessible by going through the last basement door on the passenger side. The spacing requires a very skinny person so be aware of that. We would definitely not recommend a fleetwood RV to our friends or anyone, as the support team when you talk to them on the phone seemed as inexperienced with no signs of concern about our issues that it no longer was deemed necessary to even call them when a problem arose with our bounder.
- william, Florida

2019-12-02 2019 Fleetwood Flair 35R View Listings

Our first trip stranded in TEXAS water running out of both sides had to have Plummer fix every fitting in RV. Next stop full wall wall slide failed, took month to get fixed in as. Finally on way home last night other slide failed would not come in took three days finally they freed motor pushed slide in and nailed 2x4s to keep in. We finally got home took RV to Fleetwood in Decatur Ind had 42 more items to be repaired. Most were done ok except we came to find we went home with bad slide motor that took another day at general rv. So far they have paid for all until generator fuel pump went out out costing us $380.54.
- Dennis J. Kearns, Michigan

2019-12-02 2015 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 27.1 View Listings

This RV has been stored in covered storage since new. With the slide out pushed out the RV has plenty of room. The RV has 2 new Michelin tires on the front two wheels. The RV has has all of its services. My wife and I have decided to buy a new diesel pusher so that when I retire we can travel the U.S.A or possibly going to Canada. Our goal is to travel to every state in the United States. We have enjoyed the Thor A.C.E. and would buy another one if we wanted to travel in the western half of the United States. We have enjoyed sleeping in our own bed, eating food cooked in our own kitchen and using our own bathroom. We are both looking forward to owning a new one and taking off for 2-3 months at a time.
- Greg Yount, California

2019-12-01 2016 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 29.3 View Listings

You can tell that this is a starter motorhome. All I can say is that it works and performs as expected. Only issue so far is a leaky driver window which we are fixing ourselves. It is afterall, a box going down the road. The layout is perfect. It could use a second A/C as wearers in middle Georgia. Other than that issue, it s nice.
- Jody Phillips , Georgia

2019-12-01 2018 Jayco Alante 31V View Listings

Purchased in March of 2019, retired,wife and I were to fulltime travel. Well she passed away and I'm carrying on. Clearly unsafe to drive. Trucks, RV's and similar sized vehicles just push me off the road, either direction. I have only put just 1200 miles on it since purchase in March of 2019. My dealer has done a "cheap"sway bar adjustment and bumped the tire pressures up. Shower stall is not square, water leaks to the floor, shower base is cracked, haven't been able to use shower in weeks. Floor has developed rust colored spots thru out the motorhome. My 3RD list goes on. Selling dealer has been very cooperative and really trying to get this thing fixed but at some point you have to throw in the ball. This is the 3rd and last time it goes into the shop. I have obtained professional advice and the 3rd time is the charm. Not correct this time the selling dealer, their salesman "gave false and misleading information" and Jayco will have hell to pay. As god is my witness this I promise.
- Christopher Torres, Nevada

2019-11-28 2016 Thor Motor Coach Challenger 37KT View Listings

Day one, The dealer had to install a new inverter, a new roller in the big slide, the lock for the outside tv and straighten out 3 kitchen draws. On our drive home from Michigan to Massachusetts we had no heat🙁. Over that first year of ownership the POS went to 13 repair shops including the Thor factory for every problem in the book. Driveability issues, water leaking, shock problems, charging problems, seat problems, windshield wiper problems, generator problems and of course slide problems. I have spent $1000's of dollars and 100's of hours dealing with the POS. Congress should pass a law to raise standard of these slapped together units.
- Marc DeNardo, Massachusetts

2019-11-27 1994 Fleetwood Bounder 28T View Listings

I have really enjoyed this RV which is my 16th. When I bought it I was recently widowed and just wanted to take my cats and start over. I found this floor plan very livable for one and would also be comfortable for two. When I bought it, it had already had the carpet replaced with vinyl flooring and I proceeded to make it boondock capable by adding the best solar system I could afford along with a 12v swamp cooler and 12v/ac tv. I have stayed off-grid for 2 weeks with no problems and plenty of power to be comfortable. I added the steer safe system to the front end for an easier drive. It has air suspension and handles very well. My only reason for selling is I want to go smaller, I am ready for another van.
- Patti Panuccio, New Mexico

2019-11-26 2015 Forest River Georgetown XL 334QS View Listings

It is very good motorhome. I study motorhomes and their companies for one year. I finish with Forest Wood Company both on gas and diesel motorhome and Georgetown Xl and Sportcoach . Then maintenance cost and the gas was much lower. The floorplan was just what we wanted with washer /dryer combo. It tow much better than expected. I stay in campground for the summer I listen to owners the wanted more horsepower in their motorhome, but you have to increase weight to have more horsepower. So 334qs is perfect size to stay and travel in Forestry Campground. Forestry has not adjusted for larger size Rv. Only dislike is why have freshwater in sewer compartment a big no no.
- Lenard Thomas, Texas

2019-11-24 2019 Thor Motor Coach Challanger 37FH View Listings

I think to factory need someone to check every item on an rv before it leaves the factory. The passenger window stuck hard to slide. I have used every it the dealer say to try. A hammer will be next so Thor can replace the window. It only a few items don't work so between factory and dealers the item stop working. Then we are stuck without our MH for weeks waiting for approval and parts. Items not in parts back to vender and and waiting time.
- carroll jennings, Tennessee

2019-11-24 2016 Fleetwood Southwind 36L View Listings

We loved living and traveling in this RV. It is very roomy with the 2 slides and the living space is great! The L shaped couch is great when you have company and we loved the built in fireplace to help heat the RV. Lots of space underneath for storage and a washer/dryer that is great when on the road. I would recommend this spacious RV to anyone who wants to live in it or just travel.
- Dave Bingenheimer, Florida

2019-11-24 2018 Newmar Canyon Star 3911 View Listings

I'll make it short. Had it for 2 years. Goes into shop after every trip, not for the same problem. Neighbors think I rent it. One other thing. Washer, dryer and fridge are Whirpool. If you have a problem and call Whirlpool they say their products are not made for RV's and Newmar is no help
- Frank Campo, Louisiana

2019-11-23 2017 Thor Motor Coach Freedom Elite 26HE View Listings

We purchased this motor home new in 2017. This is our second Thor product. The first one was a 2015. I should have known better. While there were issues with the first one, I actually had more issues with the dealership and their service than I did with that RV. So the 2017 We bought new from a different dealership. Worse service and the quality of the 2017 26HE is horrid. Particle board furniture that falls apart the minute it gets wet, workmanship of either crack heads or 4 year olds, and seals that are defective. It almost burned up the first year because of a defective relay switch under the dinette! I have mold all throughout the over cab bunk because the manufacturer failed to effectively seal the cab roof seal to the overhead bunk. the mold and water damage is not covered by the extended warranty, which covers nothing that can actually go wrong with the coach. Don't buy the extended warranty! The only solid part of the whole RV is the Ford E450 Chassis. I have 15,000 miles on it.
- Kevin Walz, Wisconsin

2019-11-23 2018 Jayco Precept 31UL View Listings

Brand new 2018 precept 31ft. Precept. Right off the bat problems: The shower drain trap was installed backwards. Closet doors and trim falling off. Garmin doesn't work. Back up and side cameras didn't work. Toilet handle flusher broke off. Microwave/convection oven broke. Three safety recalls already issued. Televator was installed crooked and when it was lowered cut the wires. Turn indicator modulator had to be replaced. Kitchen sink seal leaked. Constantly finding more problems. It's been a nightmare, we will never purchase another Jayco.
- Edward, Washington

2019-11-22 2016 Tiffin Allegro 32SA View Listings

The 2016 Tiffin Allegro 32SA has been a great coach for us providing plenty of room for our extended summer get-aways and monthly RV Club get-togethers with friends. The size is perfect to get into National and State Park RV campsites. It has plenty of power to tow our car. We are especially pleased with Tiffin Motorhomes' outstanding quality and service!
- Joann, Florida

2019-11-18 2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J View Listings

This is our third motorhome and our favorite so far. Love this floor plan. Perfect for families. Comes with bunks and a king bed. Quality fiberglass roof. Drives very nicely! No rocking or swaying. Feels powerful, no need for a deisel.
- Stacy, Connecticut

2019-11-18 2014 Fleetwood Bounder 35K View Listings

Great Motorhome! Very comfortable and livable. No problems. It's eye catching, reliable, priced competitively. Many features that the expensive units have without the inflated price. Ford Triton V-10 has plenty of power and towing too. We towed a Jeep Rubicon and V-10 performed great. You can't go wrong with the Bounder 35 K.
- Thomas Buchko, Nevada

2019-11-17 1989 Fleetwood Bounder 34S View Listings

We bought this for my homeless brother in law..only thing is that it doesn’t have a shower. Why not?? We love the space and it runs great! My brother in law loves it! Great space for him and his dogs. I’m just happy they have shelter!
- Dora Herrera, Texas

2019-11-16 2015 Thor Motor Coach Windsport 34J View Listings

I bought this rv in 2016 it looked real good when I got it ,but it didn't take long before it started to fall apart,first trip the frig. cooled good I mean real good it froze every thing in it,even on the warmest setting,I had to take it to two different repair shops to finally get it fixed.The thermostat was behind the insulation. Within a year the paint started to fade,and the decals were turning black it looks like when they were installed someone put there hands on the sticky part on the inside you can see finger prints and hand prints under the decal and they are turning black.The wood under the slide out is getting dry root and I live in southern Arizona,the screws that hold the trim on the elide out are rusted out. The generator also has problems,it shuts off with a code It was a power surge code and no one can seem to fix it. I have owned 3 motor homes and this one is the biggest piece of crap that I have ever owned.unfortunately I can't post any pics. If you want to see them e-mail me at rvrfsh@yahoo.com and I will send you some. Let me say in closing that I will never buy another Thor product.
- Clyde Aldrich, Arizona

2019-11-15 2005 Fleetwood Terra 32S View Listings

It is very well laid out lots of room for a 32 foot. Plenty of Power with a 340 horse and fairly good mileage for the size of rig. Dual air conditioners plenty of cooling. Handles great with little sway and plenty of power. Love the bathroom and kitchen plenty of storage in the large pantry. Overall a magnificant coach 4 its size.
- James Stewart, Florida

2019-11-13 2019 Winnebago Intent 29L View Listings

Picked up this unit Oct 3rd 2019 and traded it in 2 weeks later after our first weekend out. On delivery noted numerous workmanship flaws. Roof buckling, floor buckling, scratches on exterior, interior etc. Screw holes to secure molding exposed throughout. Shower stall was cracked. But we had planned an outing we accepted and agreed to bring it back for warranty repairs. On initial drive home noticed a very loose driving experience, seemed unstable ! I drove on a parkway about 15 miles and heard squeaks and rattles beyond belief. The front privacy curtain and overhead bed was so loud I had to stop and wedge cardboard in it. The slide out squeaked like it was going to fall off. None the less I got home and packed it for our weekend. (the last of the season, 27degrees at night) We drove about 140 miles out of town and began feeling our remorse immediately. That said we got to our destination and set up our site. We got to the sand dunes and parked on a hard level spot and leveled our unit easily. Okay maybe not so bad...however after taking our side by side UTV and Quad and getting plenty dirty we were looking forward to coming back for a hot shower. Heater was keeping the unit warm however Water Heater would not stay lit. Believe me it was primed per instruction manual and water valves were in correct positions. This created a lot of grief because we had let our five year old Granddaughter bury herself in the sand. And we still had two nights to go. No Showers!!! Needless to say we got home, started to unpack and I looked over at my wife. She was sitting on the steps with her face in her hands crying. I asked her what was wrong and she simply replied. "This is the worst purchase ever and I will never go out in it again". That settled it, this piece of junk was going back. We took it in the following Thursday and traded it in for Coachmen 311 C-Class at a $10k loss. Worth every dime "Happy Wife, Happy Life" and it drives, handles and performs perfectly. Quiet as a mouse. I will qualify my RV experience by stating we have owned two Class C coaches and a 40ft Toy hauler that we have owned for years with no such issues. They have all been used in campgrounds and dry camping and traveled thousands of miles with only minor issues ie: fuses, bulbs etc. And I will close with two words BUYER BEWARE
- STEVE, Utah

2019-11-11 2003 Monaco La Palma 36DBD View Listings

The bath and a half floor plan was great for longer stays. With the large front slide, (extends 2'6") and 12 foot long made for a large living dining kitchen area and the floorplan also allowed for easy access to the 1/2 bath while traveling without having to extend slide to use bathroom. As we get older it is nice to have the extra half bath. It also worked out well when 4 adults staying together for a couple of days as nightly bathroom breaks did not disturb everyone. Also, since there is no slide where the 16 ft x 8 ft patio awning is located it allowed for a large outside covered sitting area. We also enjoyed that the main slide had end windows that really made unit feel open. Surprisingly traveling at 65mph to 70 mph not towing we averaged 6.5 to 7.5 mpg. in the southeast on mostly flat roads. Unit does have a 5 speed allison transmission which I am sure helps mileage. Only real problem was in hot weather (90degrees) plus towing a car had to keep close track of engine temp on hills. Was a nice size to get into most RV parks. Only reason for low rating on factory support is we were 3rd owner and unit was 12 years old and out of warranty when we purchased
- Roger Nelson, Pennsylvania

2019-11-10 2015 Thor Motor Coach Windsport 27K View Listings

We have brought our Rv in three times for maintenance bed above driving seat coming down pantry door opening while driving and put whole in cupboard Scream door put dish on never worked took back second time still fish did not work plus back up camera didn’t work Third time made appointment and sat in lot four weeks never got into shop we advise we needed back in two weeks they said ok . They told us they were under staffed had no workers Answer to first visit fixed all except door wasn’t under warranty second visit visit bed broke again . Husband fixed circuit board for generator and now we have leak in roof and trying to get in before are extend warranty and it up in feb I will try to get before and pls pray we get them fix or we will pay someone els pls write back. Burlington wa
- Alvin smith, Washington

2019-11-09 2015 Forest River Georgetown 351DS View Listings

Was our first Class A after years of towing a travel trailer. Plenty of room. Great to have space while driving. Greatly improves quality of trip. Easy to drive and park. Towed my F150 behind. Great quality unit and great for entry level campers!!
- Randy, Illinois

2019-11-08 2014 Itasca Sunstar 27N View Listings

I love this floorplan. We like to camp in State and National parks. With our big rig, we couldn’t fit is almost all of them. So we traded for a shorter class A. Has the comfort and roominess of a big rig, but with a 28’3” rig, have a broader selection of campgrounds. The three slides is huge for livability. The Itasca brand is a Winnebago, so the quality is very good. The only reason we are selling it is our age and health.
- Terry Szafranski, Texas