Class A - Gas

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Class A - Gas RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

James R. Rohan from New York says:

Read More (2079 reviews)

Voted Most Helpful Review 2015 Thor Motor Coach Axis 24.1 View Listings

I have been in camping with RV's for more than 50 years and currently have a 5th wheel and this Axis unit, so I do have some experience with RV's. I purchased this unit in September 2014 and to date have not been able to utilize this unit as designed. I have and currently have so many things go wrong or are wrong that I could not recommend not only this unit but any unit manufactured by Thor. I have not gotten what might be considered help from Thor to correct issues. The latest issues are once again with the awning and since having leaking windows is causing de-lamination of a inside wall. I have filed under NY's lemon law to have the unit returned and get all monies that I have spent returned. I cannot and will not recommend this unit or any other unit manufactured by Thor.
- James R. Rohan, New York

2021-09-20 2019 Jayco Alante 31V View Listings

We traveled southern and northern United States this year in this RV. It’s a gas engine so your honing to spend a lot on gas but the experience and adventure we had was priceless. It’s a plus having your bathroom and kitchen with you on the road. We are so glad to be able to have this adventure in our life. Nothing like it.
- Chris morris, Florida

2021-09-15 2015 Tiffin Allegro Open Road 36LA View Listings

This rv is very easy to drive and rides smooth, it has a lot of storage inside and out and has plenty of power when towing, the tiffin company is very easy and helpful to work with, this lay out has everything you would ever need for over the road traveling and camping.
- Steve Kerns, New York

2021-09-15 2021 Coachmen Pursuit 31BH View Listings

How do you deliver a brand new RV to your dealer over 2200 miles away without noticing there is a light that stays on that there is no switch for and that the headlights are majorly malfunctioning. Leveling system non-functioning. Retailer was nonresponsive so I contacted coachman myself left several messages never heard back from them My bad for not doing a better research job on this company do yourself a favor look around for a better made RV. These guys don’t care
- Kevin Buckett, California

2021-09-14 2021 Fleetwood Bounder 35K View Listings

Very cheaply made. Washer is in crooked the sewer line is crooked. Trim is coming off the wall. Trim on the dash is coming up. Very disappointed in the workmanship. I wish we never bought it. 2021 Fleetwood Bounder 35k.
- Karen lee, Alabama

2021-09-13 2021 Newmar Bay Star 3401 View Listings

This a beautiful coach with limited miles and ready for a new owner. My wife and I have enjoyed our 10 months traveling the western U.S. Our pricing is well below industry offerings as there very limited availability of 2021 A Class RVs. Call us at your earliest opportunity. We have many interested buyers.
- Richard Douglas Talmo, California

2021-09-13 2022 Thor Motor Coach Freedom Traveler A30 View Listings

Purchsed this motor coach in Oct,2021 has 3340 miles we use 1 time to date traveling 210 miles round trip the rest form delivery miles and our 4th trip back to shop. we have had to cancel 4 planed trips with no refunds and over $500 in fuel cost so far back and forth to dealer. To date this coach has 27 ticket items to be repired and counting, the two major ones being fresh water tank leaking into coach, this coach has 1 main slide in with the side will not close called good sams roadside not enough tec's to handle the overwelming demand of calls, so much for road side assistance. Very poor quality as far as workmanship goes, my guess would be build them as fast as you can ,get them sold and let the consumer deal with the issues. Our biggest regret is buying this coach.
- Johnny I Archuleta, Utah

2021-09-12 2017 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 29.3 View Listings

We have had many different RV’s over the years to include bumper pulls, slide ins, Class A’s, Super C’s, and fifth wheels. Each has its purpose depending on our needs. The THOR ACE 29.3 is perfect for family trips up to a week and longer if you have full hookups. The floor plan layout is great for us and the various sleeping accommodations make the THOR a great coach that is short enough to maneuver in and around towns and smaller camp sites, big enough to give you room to be comfortable in camp sites or in truck stops at night while on the road. The “pet” window on the passenger side is perfect for our furry family members to also get a great view while driving and includes the built in pet dishes in the bathroom. The V10 is an outstanding power train and pulls our built up Rubicon JLUR easily, even through the mountains in Tennessee and Pennsylvania. It is a comfortable ride and easier to drive than several other rigs I have had. The ability to press a button to auto level, use the slide outs, and run the quiet generator makes this a perfect option for our travel which saves us money from hotels and allows us to stay in many different locations while on travel. The storage is not as large as a bigger diesel pusher, but is easier on the budget to purchase than many other class A or C vehicles, especially for those of us still on a working persons budget. When I retire I may move into a 40 foot diesel, but definitely need to adjust it into my budget as these are not cheap whereas our THOR is affordable now and allows us the ability to quickly jump in the rig and take-off for weekend getaways, visit our children and grandchildren, or just go see the sites for holiday weekends. I would recommend the THOR ACE for those looking for convenience on a budget while also being quite comfortable in a rig that looks and performs like the higher dollar models. The psychological approach to a class A vs a class C is minimal. Most feel the class C is easier to drive than the class A, but can attest I have had both and notice no difference between the two. That said, dealers use that psychology to price the class C well outside of a normal budget when the actual “normal” price of the rig would be comparable to the class A in any normal market. I have recently seen 10 year old class C rigs higher priced than the cost of the rig when originally sold. This is great for the owner looking to sell, but not good for the buyer thinking they can get into an older class C rig at a more affordable price. A savvy buyer can get into an older class A “gas” rig today at a great price and have as much if not more convenience for their family than what you would get in a current class C price. This does not mean I feel class C rigs are less than class A rigs, but do consider cost to price. In that logic, is the cost of settling for a higher priced class C with less options worth the price under the current market than getting a higher option class A for less money, also under the current market. COVID really shifted the RV market on its head as the layoffs and manufacturing shut downs reduced the availability of new rigs, which increase the cost of used rigs. Many people were put into a position they never thought necessary in the past when their jobs and income were impacted by COVID thus sold their homes and moved into RV’s to save cost. This rapidly reduced the used RV market and also shifted the way banks loaned money for rigs as they were losing money in home sales and when families moved into RVs, they started losing visibility on the RV they loaned money for and harder for them to repossess if payments were not made. That made the loan options for both new and used rigs almost non-existent and people needed to cash out their 401K to purchase a rig with cash. This also impacted the actual cost/value of the rig because of cash sales, which was great for a dealer, but reduced the options significantly for the working class family looking to purchase an RV but could not get the loan they needed regardless of the credit rating. Overall, a class A is a great option in the mid size range between 28 to 35 foot. I find this is the best overall length for families who do not plan to live in their rigs, but have a great platform to get away when needed. The same philosophy goes for class C’s, but currently they are priced well outside the cost/value range I would be comfortable with, especially when the economy gets back to normal and the price ranges of all rigs also goes back to normal. This is what caused the housing market crash in California during 2008-09 when homes were priced well over the normal price and when the market went back to normal, people had home loans well above the normal market and would never recoup that loss, thus started “walking away” from the loan. Common sense should always play a role in your RV purchase.
- Todd Rissinger, Florida

2021-09-12 2004 Newmar Mountain Aire 3778 View Listings

We bought one New from La Mesa Tampa back in 2004, absolutely loved this coach. Quality was next to none in the entire industry. Thank You Newmar for a very good experience as this was our first and will not be our last!
- Dale Lindhorst, Florida

2021-09-11 2021 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 30.4 View Listings

2021 Thor Daybreak 30 DB Its a piece of crap. Issues with everything. I think I was totally ripped off by the big name Thor. It leaks, slides never work, awning is broke, oven will not ignite from factory and no hot water. Tried to make appointment for repair. Note I live in this thing less than a year old and Gander will not service till 11/1/2021. Not at all happy.
- Terry Blair, Florida

2021-09-11 2015 Thor Motor Coach Challenger 37GT View Listings

The rig is great. The slides could be better. We love the coach we just bought a boat and don’t need both. I’m not sure what else you want me to say. You should allow a person to opt out of this section. It’s a great couch.
- L ruckman, Florida

2021-09-11 2021 Holiday Rambler Vacationer 35K View Listings

First off avoid General RV tampa. Worst customer service. We paid for our W/D to be moved from our exiting toy hauler to the unit and they told us they were not going to install for us. It took my husband 1.5 hours to do the job and they wanted 880 for the job. We had a long punch list of items that 9 months later are still not repaired. Our walk through the day of purchase was rushed and we have continued to be told conflicting information about our unit. We were told we did not have solar. We do. We were told the tv did not pull out. It does. We have two recalls on the unit with no parts to repair. We cannot locate the outdoor satellite hook up that states is included and apparently we have a auto retract awning which we were told it was not. The toilets have been malfunctioning and have air locks and the sensor shuts it off at 2/3 full with no warning. We have been left without working toilets several times. We cannot boondock for fear of not having usable toilets. The engine screams and high revs during any type of hill climb. Spark plug wires have burnt due to improper wires that sit on the engine. We have engine lights on almost every trip. We can only book repairs 4 months out. The ice maker has never worked. We picked up our unit on a Saturday and everyone left at 4:00 leaving us in the parking lot with antifreeze in our water tank. Limited staff on Sunday so we spent the night and on Monday morning the repair people would not speak to us or help us with anything. What should have been a very special day for us since we were working on our goal to go full time in a RV into us being abandoned in a parking lot. The workmanship on our unit is shabby. Trim missing, delaminating walls. Cabinet doors cracking due to poor install. Very sad. We plan on selling and purchasing a diesel once we get back to Florida this winter . When purchasing a new RV you can expect there will be some issues but this unit has surpassed anything we have experienced. We contacted the main headquarters to make arrangements to have them go over the unit and they wanted us to come to Indian in November. Pretty sad that based on our story they could not manage to fit us in for four months....
- Emma Payne, Florida

2021-09-11 2022 Thor Motor Coach Miramar 37.1 View Listings

We were pleasantly surprised to have zero issues with the Thor Miramar 37.1 on a quite lengthy trip from Naples, FL to Nevada and Colorado with stops in Texas, Alabama, South Carolina, North Carolina, Mississippi, Louisiana and many more. The floorpan and number of cabinets makes this an excellent family coach....hard to beat. Our daughter loves the bunks! The only disadvantage - nothing to do with Thor - is that the Ford gas engine simply does not provide the same downhill braking options like a Diesel Pusher. We drove the rig up to 11,000 feet with no issues but had to go slow (in very low gears) down. When working hard uphill, the engine also is a bit noisy, but not a major issue. Overall a lot of coach for the money and a great choice if you only do occasional mountain driving.
- Hans Till, Colorado

2021-09-08 2020 Thor Motor Coach Windsport 35M View Listings

Best bang for your buck luv lay out! Plenty of room bath half some small issues mostly cosmetic though Irish maple cabinets look awesome L shape sofa great design plenty of storage tons!!! Letherette couch is a bit cheesy scrapes easy Dinnette is roomy also i like cloth/ letherette combo Real pull down cloth shades pull curtains around front cab the driver passenger seats are kinda slippery but cumfy roomy front cab could use more soundnproofing handels over all good at 75 mph like v10 tows great out side midnight paris paint skeem awesome looks over all we luv are almighty thor!!! **** 4 stars for the money jamie zee
- Jamie zee, New York

2021-09-08 2000 Damon Challenger 335 View Listings

I've owned this RV since 2010 and bought it with 10,000 miles. I'm the second owner. Very low miles(22k)on a very reliable Chevy Workhorse. The current price is a tremendous value - tons of life left in the RV and huge potential to create great new experiences for a new owner! Roof is in great condition. Some of the decals on the exterior are starting to fade and peel, but the exterior is is great overall condition. One small scrape on front bumper, but no dents. We used the RV to camp with our two daughters locally in the Black Hills of South Dakota. The kids are grown and we've updgraded to a diesel. The interior is clean and in super condition (no rips/tears). The TV is dated, but we simpy used laptop and portable LCD to stream instead. This RV is perfect for the budget buyer or a relatively inexpensie entry to the RV life!
- Eric, South Dakota

2021-09-06 2012 Newmar Bay Star 2901 View Listings

2012 Newmar Baystar 2901 is a luxury motorhome making traveling and camping so comfortable. The Newmar Baystar is well built. If you want luxury and durability, this is the best choice. If you can find a used Newmar Baystar in great condition...buy it. It will hold it's value.
- Louann Haw, Maryland

2021-09-05 2020 Newmar Canyon Star 3927 View Listings

Newmar Class A Quality throughout. PLUS a garage for taking my Goldwing along. No need to trailer it. Sleeps up to 10 people, although about 4 of them should be children! Love the Truma tankless hot water heater! I have never run out of hot water during my shower while on full hookups. So nice indeed.
- Ken, Arizona

2021-09-03 2015 Thor Motor Coach Windsport 35C View Listings

Overall it has performed well.The only problem was with the rear Ladder. While climbing it the ladder moved and it turns out it broke away from the RV. The screws came out and one of the pipes holding the ladder broke. They would not pay for a new one because the warranty was only god for a year and it was about 1 and 1/2 years old.
- Terry Totenhagen, Nevada

2021-09-02 2014 Tiffin Allegro Open Road 34TGA View Listings

At 34' Fits well into any State Park or "Boondocking" site, with easy parking and as well gives plenty of interior space for the living while you are there. Full Body Paint, LOOKS LIKE BRAND NEW!!!! due to the DIAMOND SHIELD Paint Coating and the Clear Chip (CLEAR BRA) Protection Film on the Front End. Features we added when purchased new from the Dealer so the paint has been fully protected and the like-new appearance shows the value in having this done. Speaking from the experience of having multiple Motorhomes over the last 29 years, this Allegro Open Road 34TGA has proven to be the very best of them all. Starting right from day one when we drove it off the lot as a brand new unit. The quality of the Tiffin Open Road construction is second to none and has proven to be the top of the trim line in a Gas Class-A. We could not have been happier in this unit unlike others we have owned in the past.
- John H. Moore, Michigan

2021-09-01 2021 Newmar Bay Star 3401 View Listings

Our experience in this RV has been nothing short of extraordinary. The floor plan is like an Airbnb on wheels. We've cooked gourmet meals while enjoying local TV, DVRs and internet accessible streaming. The RV handles great and the tow experience is comfortable. This model looks great and is a cut above many of the coaches on the road. With COVID continuing to challenge travel in the U.S., having a comfortable Newmar Bay Star is the safest way to see America.
- Richard Douglas Talmo, California

2021-08-29 2014 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 27.1 View Listings

The WORST R V i have ever owned!!!! Owned it 2years in dealer 7 months forest river did not want to fix it. NEVER WILL OWN A FOREST RIVER PRODUCT. OK the president of forest can go to hell.never never buy a forest river product
- David st George, Arizona

2021-08-28 2016 Newmar Bay Star Sport 3404 View Listings

This is an excellent coach! I've never seen a better floor plan for the money. So spacious and drives like a dream. All the furnishings are so luxurious and there are more than enough storage areas both inside and underneath. Our family of five have traveled in this as well as just my wife and I and we have always been more than pleased with this coach.
- Don Woehrman, Missouri

2021-08-27 2020 Jayco Precept 31UL View Listings

This RV handles beautifully. The JRIDE PLUS suspension system gives a smoother ride than other RVs that I have driven. Turning radius is fantastic. The 120" wide windshield is amazing whether on the open road or just sightseeing. Overall a great, enjoyable experience.
- Jim Hawkins, Nevada

2021-08-27 2014 Winnebago Adventurer 38Q View Listings

Adventurer is Winnebago's flagship model. They spare no expensive on the quality features that are included as standard. 38Q model has the Best floor plan ever, high end stainless steel appliances...diesel pusher quality in a gas coach...
- Bob Lash, Washington

2021-08-26 2011 Forest River Georgetown 357QS View Listings

This model was our first Class A RV and made us fall in love. Extremely roomy living are and master bedroom. The oversized corner shower is a a must. The rig drives excellent and feels very planted on the road. The 4 slides make this unit very unique to the market since there are not that many gas models with 4 of this size. Highly recommend!
- Dusty, Texas