Class A - Gas Reviews on RV Insider (1,885)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Class A - Gas RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

James R. Rohan from New York says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2015 Thor Motor Coach Axis 24.1 View Listings

I have been in camping with RV's for more than 50 years and currently have a 5th wheel and this Axis unit, so I do have some experience with RV's. I purchased this unit in September 2014 and to date have not been able to utilize this unit as designed. I have and currently have so many things go wrong or are wrong that I could not recommend not only this unit but any unit manufactured by Thor. I have not gotten what might be considered help from Thor to correct issues. The latest issues are once again with the awning and since having leaking windows is causing de-lamination of a inside wall. I have filed under NY's lemon law to have the unit returned and get all monies that I have spent returned. I cannot and will not recommend this unit or any other unit manufactured by Thor.
- James R. Rohan, New York

2021-03-06 2014 Thor Motor Coach Hurricane 32A View Listings

This rv is fantastic. I got mine 40k used with 47k from dealer. Pro RV in Grapevine Tx( highly recommend this dealer they fixed everything wrong with it during the initial inspection free). I put roughly 1000$ making very minor repairs and some minor upgrades( solar, tv, gaming, water heater, caulking on shower, Full Led 5k natural white conversion). With this rv it would be wise to upgrade the suspension on front if you're taking long trips but otherwise its completely manageable. It comes with a relatively small propane tank best to have an electric heater ( no need for fancy one just a small one from walmart works). It tows very well although using the backup camera it doest show on the screen all too well you will want to upgrade that. The audio is ok you can install a set thats better from cartoys that sounds better i choose focal speakers they are the best sounding. Fuel mileage is great even when its loaded with hundreds of pounds of stuff including a loaded trailer. Never had any serious issues just minor issues mostly caused by my mistakes. Its very easy to manuever in tight spaces. I lived in it for roughly 3/4 of a year found it very spacious and accommodating. Its practically sound proof from noise outside. It retains heat inside in cold months very well. The factory seating is very comfortable much like a mercedes gl450. First trip I took it 1750 miles no issues it corners extremely well for an rv. Lots of storage. Bed is comfortable its a tempurpedic.
- J Thompson, Oregon

2021-03-05 2000 Itasca Suncruiser 32V View Listings

Great value for the money Features True Air residential air conditioning units in the basement not on the roof. Workhorse chassis. Huge 30" deep single slide. Thermal windows, powerful Onan generator. High demand for this mid sized RV. Well built.
- Robert, Arizona

2021-03-05 2017 Jayco Precept 35S View Listings

I bought a 2017 Jayco precept 35s in 2020 the main slider is already riding Jacob will not do anything about it I think we are considering doing a class action suit against Jayco there's no reason why the 2017 coach main slide should be rotted out
- John ruggieri, Massachusetts

2021-03-04 2013 Newmar Bay Star 3302 View Listings

I am fully satisfied with a Newmar Motorhome. Since I purchased it used I have had all the tires replaced and have had a proper wheel alignment done. Can drive at all speeds with no problem and hookups are a breeze.
- Paul Rottau, South Carolina

2021-03-04 2016 Newmar Canyon Star 3710 View Listings

We purchased our 2016 Canyon Star 3710 new and have driven it approx 25,000 miles. 5 years later we are very happy with our purchase. It has been extremely reliable. Our only issues have been replacing one toilet and glueing back some corner trim pieces that came loose in the California desert heat. The coach structure and Ford F-53 26k chassis have have had no issues. We have driven thru the Sierras and the Cascades with ease. It does slow down at altitude but nothing that concerns us. It tows our Jeep Patriot easily. We did update the suspension with Koni FSD shocks and bigger anti-sway bars which made it ride smoother and handle better. We love the L-shaped sofa and the second half-bath comes in handy when we take the grandkids with us. Our only wish would be for a 3rd slide to create more space in the living room.
- Larry McEwen, California

2021-03-03 2018 Forest River Georgetown 5 Series GT5 31L5 View Listings

We love our 2018 Forest River Georgetown 5 Series GT5 31L5. This is the perfect gas motorhome. This is our second Forest River Class A. 31L5 is the best floor plan out there for a 34 footer. we have researched dozens of models. It has the largest open space inside, the slides come out farther then any other model. Fireplace is great for making you feel very at home. When in the snow the fireplace is the best for providing heat and does not use propane. you can leave your boots and gloves to dry and be ready for the next day. Largest water holding compared to other Class A for dry camping. The best cabinet and furniture colors. Most other new Class A cabinet/Flooring and Furniture colors look always dated. Full Paint Model is the best then colored fiberglass.
- Alex Pinedo, California

2021-03-03 2021 Fleetwood Bounder 35K View Listings

Unable to take a trip without major mechanical problems. Their help is non existent! In order to get into service 2 months. In the mean time your stuck like chuck! Slides inop! Only way to control you need to take the control box off the wall and do a series of tasks to get it in and out. Jacks work on occasion! Slide out is ruining the floor with black streaks. LP hose kinked to 180 degrees. The radio goes in and off at will. Wiper reservoir motor was not installed. Jack pump electrical cable not affixed to a ground. Can’t believe they would let this off the assembly line. Deal said they did a PDI. Allegedly! I’ve owned 6 new coaches. By far the worst. Absolutely no quality. Would never ever buy one again. I understand all coaches have issues. It’s how you correct them is what Fleetwood lacks!
- Paul gartano, Florida

2021-03-03 2003 National RV Dolphin 6342LX View Listings

We've traveled in this RV for at least 12 years. We went north with it during the summer and traveling all over the place. My husband kept this motorhome in very good condition. When we were coming back from a long trip he would have it at the shop and have them do a tuneup on it. We have travel long distance with this rig many times. Never had major problems. I enjoyed the space in this motorhome and it was our 2nd home. Due to sickness now we have to let it go with a lot of regrets. You could still get a lot of miles with this rig and it is very clean/
- Jeannette Ormsby, Florida

2021-03-02 2017 Holiday Rambler Vacationer XE 32A View Listings

I want to be clear - I wrote REV group trying to resolve the issues - but they obviously could not care less. My spouse is a travelling nurse, specializing in ICU and Critical Care. She stays in the unit when she's on assignment. We bought our Vacationer XE 32A because of the layout. It was ideal for her. (Note - I think I'd avoid the white leather, though ---- it stains super easily) To be fair, HR has built some nice features into cabinetry, as well as furniture. The wood finish is nice for an entry level motor home. Unfortunately, that's where the quality stops. The vehicle shakes and wanders all over the road when we drive it (will be purchasing a steering stabilizer if we opt to keep it). The dealer we purchased it from checked alignment and balance and reported no problems. I conclude it's just a crappy design. Drivability is between poor and fair. The cell phone microphone they put into this unit is awful, and you need to be careful with the driver's seat when you crank the room in. The achilles heel on this thing is the water heater. It works sometimes - but we've never had enough hot water to take a shower (even a short one). We've had it in a nearby shop 3 times with no resolution - and HR just kind of shrugged. The levelling system is tempermental. Seems there's always something going wrong with it. We just disconnected it and bought plastic levellers. (I think that's a highly unsatisfactory situation, but we put up with it because we can work around it). The heat in the under-belly is a great touch - but HR did not hook up the ductwork that goes from the furnace to the bedroom. Result - - cold bedroom. That's just lazy slop. My biggest bone to pick is the way HR handles warranties. The very second it's out, it's out. They just shrug and say "out of warranty." (actually - would be elated if they said that much - they've ignored our attempts) My spouse's passion is saving lives, not fixing motorhomes and supporting mechanic pensions. I'm disappointed, and won't be purchasing another REV Group product.
- Richard Miller, West Virginia

2021-02-28 1996 Fleetwood Flair 30L View Listings

Previously owned a travel trailer, purchased this motor home and have enjoyed this and used more than the trailer. Less work as you can get up and go without all the hook ups. Set up is fast and leveling is easy with hydraulic jacks. Leaving is easy as you just reverse the operation.
- Don, California

2021-02-27 2016 Thor Motor Coach Axis 24.1 View Listings

Perfect size for two of us. Some issues with craftsmanship. Left front plastic cover for window post trimmed to short down window side. No big deal for us but think quality control is bad. Got 2 years on all batteries, better than I expected. Poorest location for chassis battery ever, taking dash apart and getting it in and out a real pain. I moved it down to right front storage compartment.no other issues at this time after 4 years and 60,000 miles. Did install rear ac unit as one don't cut it after 90 degrees and high humidity. Road walked a lot at first, so had it aligned at Ford at 100 miles. Drives solid now and has not changed. Camper world sucks big, but Thor service techs do a great job guiding you through any issues. Had a few tech issues but with their help fixed myself in few minutes or less for all of them. Good value for the money, happy campers.
- Michael Cowen, Arkansas

2021-02-27 2017 Winnebago Sunstar LX 35F View Listings

2017 made the big mistake buying the 2017 winneabago sunstar lx very pretty very defective 2 trips 2017 had over 22 repairs including a cracking roof winneabago refused to replace to this day this tv has been in the shop more then vacation i regret trading in my jayco huge mistake winneabago customer service so unprofessional and nasty this unit should of been taken back under the lemmon law i can not afford to sell or trade it in i would still be paying the loan. 2 yrs ago the windshield cracked my insurance paid for the replacement no impaction just cracked now again windshield cracked same spot again the hood keeps braking off the hinge has been repaired 3 times i have a list of repairs on pissed off consumer i cant take it anymore just went to maine to see my son he had to help me get the slid out back in this is one of my complaints in 2017 winneabago said the metal shavings on the floor were normal i neve seen this before stay away from the 2017 winneabago sunstar lx all repurposed parts i have the list of repair receipts i can wall paper a room with out of pocket money gas tolls work rent car carriers to drop off for repairs i use to enjoy rv
- Dorothy Knight, New York

2021-02-26 2018 Coachmen Mirada 35BH View Listings

This was a very spacious RV, that is easy to drive in any situation. The Residential fridge was a blessing and great for entertaining. This RV can sleep up to 10 comfortably and has 1 1/2 baths, with a very large shower in the Master suite.
- Jerry, Georgia

2021-02-26 2015 Fleetwood Discovery 40G View Listings

This is a great "family" RV. Plenty of space inside and underneath. It sleeps 8 comfortably. It even has two bunks for the kids with built in DVD player. No kids have to fight on what to watch. The Discovery is well made and high quality. The finishes are top notch. The residential refrigerator is big and makes plenty of ice. This RV comes with 3 air conditioners and can be used on 50 amp service. There are 4 tv's (one is exterior), with an in motion satellite dish on top. This is very useful on drives for kids or even your favorite sporting event. This is a comfortable ride and 380hp engine. Can tow up to 10,000 lbs. We love this RV and the only reason we are selling it is because our sons have gotten older and don't go with us. So we don't need ALL of this palace.
- Michele Zaremba, California

2021-02-25 2018 Thor Motor Coach Windsport 35M View Listings

Pieces fell off while driving first time out piping not connected Sami flush came up buckling linoleum 56 repair items generator would kick off with microwave on tail light fell off emergency start switch didn’t start the jack system had to reprogrammed three times brand new house batteries would not hold charge has been at dealer for nearly 5 months Thor’s representative Jim Aschenbrenner did nothing ... l like the layout this was bought new in 2020 from the dealer
- Bob Geier, Utah

2021-02-25 2017 Forest River Georgetown XL 364TS View Listings

We brought our Rv here and from the minute it was there we were lied to over and over again! It was on their lot for six months and they let people steal items and they themselves used my RV for parts for other RVs! They promise you the world, and give you nothing, they even cut each other’s throats to make a sale, They never had our interests and heart! When I left my RV there it was in perfect condition when I took it back there was at least 20 things wrong, every day I found something new wrong or broken! They even used the gas in my propane tanks while it was on their lot! Avoid this place at all cost, they have no dignity and are very unprofessional! Buyer or seller BEWARE!!!!!
- Robert, Arizona

2021-02-24 2019 Winnebago Intent 26M View Listings

We have traveled 19k miles in our Intent and are mostly happy with it. Anyone who buys an RV Motorhome that thinks they should drive like a car and live like your home are going to be unhappy (Read the reviews). Workmanship is okay but finish is missing. Missing screws, superfluous junk, bad fit all come with these units but a few hours of touching up will make it right. The only handling mod I made was Sumo shocks in front and the cheap handling fix, in front. Improved handling 90% ...it’s still a big square box that doesn’t weigh much so drafts from trucks will always be an influence. I bought ours at General RV in Ocala and will never take it back. They are lost when it comes to scheduling, repair, or customer service. The salesman was a straight up guy that told me no tales. We find our Intent to be comfortable in both heat and cold. We have had it in the desert and in the mountains and are always satisfied. Winnebago does not back up it’s product, nor does General RV so if you can’t fixit yourself buy an expensive one right up front cuz you will spend the money anyhow. We tow a Jeep Wrangler and, other than seeing it on the dash screen, we don’t even know it’s there. I get 7-8 MPG and don’t see that improving. I usually run 65 - 70 MPH. I let the automatic tranny figure out what gear works best and don’t mind the engine running at 4500 RPM when I’m hauling up a big hill ... it’s supposed to do that. I lined the dog house with a hood lining kit, installed a padded work mat throughout the passenger side, and put sound absorbing pads throughout the bottom of the cab ... SIGNIFICANT noise reduction. I ran a gas hookup to the living side to run my grill from ... don’t like hauling a tank back and forth every night. Lastly, although my tummy dose not arrive a long time before I do I did find the eating area close. I took the back cushions in and had 2” Firm foam put in to replace the 4” foam ... gave me two more inches of room on each side.
- Bill, Florida

2021-02-24 2009 Damon Daybreak 3370 View Listings

For 2 people there's more than enough room to live comfortably and the storage both inside and out is ample. The factory furniture is comfortable and functional. The overall quality of the interior is lacking for it's price point. However, the exterior, motor and F53 chassis perform as well as you could hope. Since the interior is easily up-gradable it's not bad overall. The floor plan is fantastic and well thought out. The living area is set up to be able to interact with others. You're not on a couch looking over a table
- J. L., Wisconsin

2021-02-23 2014 Itasca Sunstar 31KE View Listings

The bodywork is dull pealing and badly chalking, also it was coated with ZEP floor wax. Any suggestions would be appreciated!! Also does anyone know what coating is on the sides. Any recommendations for sway bars as the RV is most unstable over 25 miles an hour on highways.
- Joanne borday, North Carolina

2021-02-22 2003 Coachmen Mirada 300QB View Listings

Very nice motorhome, good mileage due to reduced weight. We were able to get over 10 miles per gallon driving around 60 mph on the freeway. Very big fresh water tank, almost 100 gal so that the whole family can take a shower. Reliable Ford Triton V-10 6.8l engine which can be serviced at any Ford dealership
- Steve, Arizona

2021-02-20 2009 Fleetwood Fiesta LX 34B View Listings

This is our 2nd class A motorhome and we are amazed at the comfort of the drive and amazing quality and comfort of the interior. The bathtub is so handy for the young en's when you need to toss them in the tub for a few minutes at the end of a long camping day. We appreciate the bunkbeds so much. This coach has the strong chassis for towing.
- K.D., Kentucky

2021-02-19 2021 Jayco Alante 27A View Listings

We purchased a 27A RV, took possession of it on August 21, 2020. After our very first trip the check engine light came on... within owning it for 2 weeks. It needed a coil wire. After much frustration having to deal directly with Ford during the pandemic / hassle getting parts I finally found the part and had it FED EX'd directly to me. After the repair, on the next trip, the check engine light again. This time all of the spark plugs had to be replaced. Many water leaks, thank God for plumbers tape. Faulty doors, drawers, the front grill fell off during the test drive, was replaced, then failed AGAIN, water in the head light covers, on and on and much time in the shop being "repaired". The most recent frustration is a recall for the the engine cover that does not have appropriate insulation and gets SMOKING HOT TO THE TOUCH!!!!! Forget using the cup holder for anything other than hot coffee because it will melt the ice cubes in your drink within 30 seconds of putting it into the cup holder! Also the glue is failing and the floor will need to come out and be replaced. You did read that this has all happened within the first 6 months of owning, right? I wish we had done more research and read reviews before purchasing. That is the only reason I am writing this review now, to warn buyers in advance, to read customer reviews of whatever RV you are planning on purchasing. Had we known what we know now we would have bought a different RV NOT from Jayco. The construction of the RV is honestly NOT GOOD. It's pretty to the eye until you own it and it falls apart, piece by piece, and all of the fun time you were supposed to be out on the road enjoying your vehicle is spend in the repair shop waiting for parts and labor to be completed. I only wish we could post pictures on this site!
- Traci, California

2021-02-15 2017 Thor Motor Coach Windsport 34J View Listings

Own a 2017 wind sport 34j , yes it is out of warranty. And all the leather products are pealing or ripping. Called Thor they tell me that the leather product is no longer available . Why is it bad. They say can’t help as out of warranty and not giving any good will. This Rv has been covered since bought , has only 8900 miles on it . So basically would never recommend Thor to anyone , as like any other dealer , once you buy the don’t care about there product Thanks Never a Thor owner again
- Bill, Florida

2021-02-14 2021 Thor Motor Coach Outlaw 38KB View Listings

I have had issues with this van (Thor Tellaro 20KT, class B RV) from the beginning when I bought it in November 2020 until the present time (Feb 2021) . First off this van went through (supposedly two (2) inspections) prior to purchasing the RV. If it did, who did it and was their any quality assurance on these inspections. (Rhetorical questions) I am so frustrated and over $100,000 lighter. I heard all the horror stories, from the sales people that sell these things to the problems and issues you experience with RV’s in general, and I get it if these problems started a couple of years down the road (no punn intended ) however, they started from day one and I will take ownership on the fact that I should have done more due diligence in the research and the inspection of this vehicle, I was just excited , I retired from the military and I wanted to get my own RV to drive around this beautiful country since I spent most of my time overseas. Neither here or their the RV has been in the shop longer then I have had it and it still has major issues. We are on our fist trip and I have had to tape and rigged up stuff , just to try and get it back to California. This vehicle just to name a few has lights flickering, noises and rattling that should not be happening, to include , nuts are missing, the side window fell out, water is leaking. It won’t hold propane, the tires won’t stay inflated correctly, the bed broke the first night we laid in it. Again this is just to name a few, please I just want a vehicle that starts off with zero issues and problems. If things happen down the road, I could deal with that, however, this is to much to soon. At first I took my frustrations out on Giant RV (in Colton) the place where I purchased this from, and they were totally wrong on selling me this knowing EVERYTHING was wrong from the jump street, in my next breath I will say that I am fortunate that I have an amazing service manager (Tom Decker) because with out him this process would be even that much more painful, and I will add that I have the GM of Giant RV Mike Jacque that stepped in to get things moving. However, they could just do so much, I am requesting that Thor supplies me with an RV that is problem free and in 100% operating condition and trouble free. V/r Jeffrey Feller
- Jeffrey Feller, California