Class A - Gas RVs Reviews (1,322)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Class A - Gas RVs Reviews and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of these RVs.

James R. Rohan from New York says:

Have you owned any Class A - Gas RVs? Write a review

Voted Most Helpful Review 2015 Thor Motor Coach Axis 24.1 View Listings

I have been in camping with RV's for more than 50 years and currently have a 5th wheel and this Axis unit, so I do have some experience with RV's. I purchased this unit in September 2014 and to date have not been able to utilize this unit as designed. I have and currently have so many things go wrong or are wrong that I could not recommend not only this unit but any unit manufactured by Thor. I have not gotten what might be considered help from Thor to correct issues. The latest issues are once again with the awning and since having leaking windows is causing de-lamination of a inside wall. I have filed under NY's lemon law to have the unit returned and get all monies that I have spent returned. I cannot and will not recommend this unit or any other unit manufactured by Thor.
- James R. Rohan, New York

2019-06-25 2019 Thor Motor Coach Miramar 35.2 View Listings

Love the full body paint look, the awesome floor plan and all the amenities. Bought new and had punch-list issues. Dealt with Thor customer service and engineers which are best in the business, in my opinion. Punch-list issues included wifi extender and slides. All fixed and have been rving since Feb. I believe the engineering thought and design on the miramar is top ranked by any coach. It's affordable and very functional. Owned class c prior. I (we) would buy the miramar again, but would make dealer fix all issues prior to leaving. May take a while, but even though Thor service/engineering/warranty is awesome, working with authorized repair places are not (as with any coach).
- Ron Smith , North Carolina

2019-06-24 2016 Thor Motor Coach Axis 24.1 View Listings

This is a sweet little RV, great for up to 5 travelers. I found it super easy to drive, it maneuvers great, easy to back up, easy to park! Everything included for hook-ups, and also included is full canvas cover for storage when not in use. Has 3 TVs, 2 inside, one outside for tailgating or family movie night. It’s a perfect way to tow the boat to the lake and spend weekends camping and fishing!
- Dianne Binion, Kentucky

2019-06-23 2004 Newmar Kountry Star KSCA 3740 1 View Listings

My wife and love traveling together in our RV. We have a 37’ Newmar Kountrystar model KSCA which has a bath plus half bath. Half bath is exceptional especially when we traveled with grand kids. This model is built using a W-22 Workhorse chassis, an 8.1 vortex gas engine and Allison transmission. This rig has plenty of power. We flat flat tow a Ford Edge and have travelled up and down some significant grades with no power issues. It’s not a sports vehicle but performs very, very well. This coach drives easily and comfortably. We added Koni shocks which made a huge difference after OEM shocks had some wear. The floor plan is great. We have plenty of space with 2 slides. Very comfortable. Plenty of kitchen space and counter top. The coach was equipped with a washer and dryer stacked together. We never used either as the capacity is so small and cycles so slow and the places we camped always have convenient laundry facilities. We removed these appliances and added custom shelving which gave us a large closet with lots of storage. Much more useful in our opinion. Newmar quality is impeccable. The inside of this coach is almost like new. The outside, including decals are still in great shape.
- Paul Bordelon , Texas

2019-06-20 2017 Winnebago Vista 29VE View Listings

This RV is a complete lemon. I've had over 50 warranty problems with it, many were major, and some, extremely dangerous. Winnebago has absolutely no quality control at their factory and it seems like they rushed my unit out the door. Warranty service is a pain. You have to wait months for an appointment, then your RV spends months in the shop. Most Winnebago dealers refuse to work on your unit unless you purchased it from them. I wrote a letter to their president and still got no satisfaction. On the positive side, it drives like a dream, with lots of power and good handling, and it never overheats, even on long hills in the desert. It's engineered well (just not constructed well), so you have TONS of storage and it's easy to live in. I love the outdoor kitchen, and for a 30' unit, it has a big kitchen, bath, and huge TV. Only gripe is it is not insulated well, so is cold in the winter and hot in the summer. But all RV's of this type are built that way. The heater is in the back, so the bedroom heats well but the front (with all the windows) gets cold. We had to install a second A/C where the useful fantastic fan was located. Overall, it's an amazing unit, but the build quality and warranty support is so horrific, it's not worth buying. I'll never buy a Winnebago again.
- Darin Furry, California

2019-06-18 2017 Tiffin Allegro Open Road 32SA View Listings

This particular RV is as clean as they come & has been very well cared for. Drives great & looks great. It is in excellent condition. The owners are very nice, welcoming & informative. And of course its a Tiffin!
- Mary Bradley, Texas

2019-06-17 2019 Jayco Precept Prestige 36U View Listings

Never again! Listening to the salesman describe his almost holy experience seeing the the RV’s built at the factory makes you feel warm and fuzzy. A lot of this is our fault. We did our homework but broke every rule in buying a motorhome. We were told it had a washer/dryer. Nope! Just shelves placed that were not wide enough to stay up. The work is sloppy, the materials cheap. We were told that the young men in charge of washing and applying the wonderful $1,700 special coating were complaining about such a big job. It looks awful! Our orientation was short and not done by a competent employee. We are learning by trial and error. It was dirty inside and out! There is much more but too long to tell. They were willing to fix some of the issues, so I gave them the whole month of May. I became angry and did spout off. I also apologized! They didn’t order parts until the end of May. The quality is lacking in every aspect. This was a dream we have had for years, to travel and enjoy each other’s company. That dream has been a stressful experience. More of a disappointing reality. We still don’t have all of the parts yet. We have no idea when we will begin our Journey. 🙁
- Stephanie , Idaho

2019-06-15 2019 Winnebago Vista 29VE View Listings

I bought my Vista in San Diego, never having driven a class A motorhome. But, just sold my home and needed something to live in while the next property is being remodeled. Driving home noticed an excess of play in the wheel which I found unsettling. Also, when I went over a series of dips on a freeway which were not deep enough to be visible, I literally left my seat there was so much bouncing. I only weigh 100 lbs so that's a contributing factor. Other than the foregoing it drove well. That day I parked and hit the hydrolic jack leveler. It was like an E ride with one side going way up and dropping fast, and other extreme movements. The front right jack was stuck half way down and the rv was very tilted. I called the dealership I just left and the person in sales said that's normal. I knew he was wrong so got on the forums. Learned how to manually recalibrate. Got the jack up but couldn't level. Brought it in for service. Picked it up and tryed the repaired hydrolic jacks and ended up with two front jacks in the air two back ones down which was scary since I was pointed slightly downhill. Service determined the controller was defective. So, they ordered one. Now, the rv is level. They also ordered missing valve covers and missing barbecue, which the dealership refused to deal with the day after purchase. Dealership staff gave me conflicting and bad info, were less than helpful, and didn't return calls. La Mesa service center (located in el cajon) were great. They were polite, responsive and helpful. My service rep, fought with the dealership and the manufacturer to finally get the items missing upon purchase. Everything was covered by warranty, so no cost, just down time. Awesome service, highly recommend. The kitchen layout is great except the long narrow pantry next to the fridge. It's very deep and I can't reach the back. They should have put slide out drawers(available in their small rv) which I have now ordered. I Love the interior, the flip desk in the dash, and the storage. The couch is really comfortable, but does not lay flat when open. So noone could ever sleep on the deep v shape. But, the service department took a photo to check with the manufacturer about this. The dinette table is the only item they really skimped on. They should have used the same wood as the flip desk. It would look so much better and be more sturdy. I may have one built even if it adds a bit of weight. The bathroom and shower are nice and roomy for an rv. The cab over hydrolic bed is very comfortable and perfect for a tall person. The fridge works great and has ample room for just me. The hanging closets, drawers and storage in the bedroom were the best of all the small class A's. The one thing I really wish I could change is the large emergency window next to the bed which doesn't open. I always have open windows and love to feel the breeze. While there's great visibility and large windows on the sides, with no openings in the back you can't get the cross breeze from that direction. I am going to switch the emergency window for one I can open if at all possible. Then this will be a very comfortable place to live for a little while.
- Denis, California

2019-06-15 2011 Damon Challenger 32VS View Listings

Great unit. Easy to drive. Sleeps 6 comfortably with Queen size bed in bedroom area, Queen size pull out bed in living room, jackknife bed in living room and fold down bed in dining area. Lots of storage under living area. Generator, 2 TV's, movie player and rear camera. Tow hitch, exhaust diverter, bick rack and many other amenities.
- Ray Pysher, North Carolina

2019-06-15 2003 Fleetwood Flair 33R View Listings

We have been able to travel in extreme comfort. And host large parties from the well designed kitchen.the storage bays have maximum room for games and camping equipment and tools and extra supplies. We have been very comfortable in both extremes of weather.
- Lori Taylor, Nebraska

2019-06-14 1997 Georgie Boy Cruise Air 3405 View Listings

I had a good experience with this RV great floor plan didn’t had any issue with towing I tow a car dolly with a Mini Cooper in the back no problem all the way to Florida excelente vacations for 2 weeks
- Sergio pereira, New Jersey

2019-06-14 1999 Winnebago Adventurer 33B View Listings

I have owned many RVs over the years, this one has been by far my favorite. Fun to drive, powerful, passes cars uphill, turns well, comfortable, great floorplan, I will miss it. I just need to downsize for now. If I ever upsize again, this will be the model I will be hunting for.
- bob Hayward, Washington

2019-06-14 1993 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 35V View Listings

This RV has been wonderful for my mom and stepdad! They've traveled all over and enjoyed the ease and comfort of their RV. It has everything you need or want in a house on wheels. It's been garaged, maintained, and taken care of since the day they bought it. I don't think they've even stepped on the carpet! They cover it with rugs to keep it pristine! Due to age and health they are reluctantly letting it go. If you are remotely interested in this RV, call and arrange a time to go see it. It would be worth your time and effort.
- Dana, Ohio

2019-06-12 2018 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 30.2 View Listings

Drivability awesome with installed safe-T steering kit and Bielstein shocks. Easy set-up and towing of Jeep Rubicon. Compact enough to park anywhere! Extra added features like towel warmer, wheel covers make this house a home! 50 amp service accommodates any appliances and generator works when boon docking or in a park! Gas mileage of 10-13 mpg is also a real plus!
- Scott Macdonald , Washington

2019-06-11 2017 Winnebago Sunstar LX 35F View Listings

Great RV. Have to sell for medical reasons or I would not be selling. Took out couch and replaced with 2 recliners. We are living in it and have no complaints.We have traveled some but mainly have a lot next to a lake.
- steve fischer, Georgia

2019-06-11 2004 Safari Trek 28RB2 View Listings

This is a great motorhome, easy to drive an maneuver in tight places. Can park almost anywhere.it is very comfortable with a great floorplan. Very large bathroom area with full size walk-in shower. Very well built and a lot of power.
- Craig, Missouri

2019-06-11 2015 Tiffin Allegro Open Road 36LA View Listings

This is our 3rd Tiffin and I would not buy anything but Tiffin. My first one was a 36ft Phaeton and I loved it. When we decided to go full time we bought a 42ft diesel pusher by Tiffin. These have great storage, wonderful living design and handle well. We have been on the road full time for 5 years now and are selling the 42ft coach for a Tiffin 37ft because we can not get into any of the state parks we wanted to see. The 37ft is well designed and I love the living space. We went back to gas as we don’t need the diesel pusher. We originally started with a gas coach and am going back to it. Bob Tiffin is behind you all the way and I have personally called him on a problem I had with the aqua hot and he told me to take it to a dealer who was authorized by him and he paid for all the repairs. Very supportive and if you own a Tiffin you should take a tour through his plant. Amazing! Can’t wait to get on the road with my new Open Road.
- Kelly Loykasek, Oregon

2019-06-10 2016 Fleetwood Flair 26E View Listings

The best floor plan of any class A i have seen. Large separate shower is hard to find in this price range, plus separate bathroom with porcelain toilet across the hall. Two queen Beds. Very Comfortable. More storage than you can use.
- Curt Landes, Utah

2019-06-08 2017 Tiffin Allegro 32SA View Listings

My wife and I had a 2012 Tiffin Phaeton QSH, 37' 9", that we bought new and kept for over 5 years. It was a diesel pusher with an air ride and we liked it a lot. However we found we were not RV'ing as much as we needed to be to justify it so we sold it and purchased a new 2017 Tiffin Allegro Open Road 32SA, 36' long. In general we found we were not giving up anything monumental with this coach. It had a good ride, decent power and noise level, is quite roomy and the storage, while different (so slide out pull-throughs) was excellent. We didn't notice that the rear/bedroom A/C does not have a heat pump. We miss that a bit but the fireplace more than makes up for it. One of it's best features, that the Phaeton did not have, is the king-size bed. To be on the safe side, we down-sized our "towed" from a Honda Pilot to a Honda CRV and it's been great. We've had our share on minor, annoying problems. But we've found that every coach has them, whether you buy new or used. With three coaches over the last 10 years we have never have never had a significant issue like engine, chassis or tires. Tiffin has an excellent reputation for standing behind their products.
- Dewayne Roos, Massachusetts

2019-06-08 2007 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 35A View Listings

The 35A is a great model for entertaining with the 2 slides in the main area opening up the kitchen and living room. The drivers and passengers chairs and recliner chair can swivel to add seating for larger groups. The kitchen is well equipped and organized for "cooking" or pot-luck dinners with pull out island for food or as a liquor bar. The large fridge, extensive counter top and the double sink allow for ample room for all you choose to do. The separated 3 way split bathroom area allows each piece to be used by various people at the same time ! The 3rd slide out in the bedroom makes the room large and its a walk-around bed. The cupboard space in each room is ample for long periods away from home or to live in for extended periods. The basement storage is significant. Outdoor living is enhanced by the long awning for gatherings and shade. I would recommend and buy this model, 35A, again and again.
- Celia, British Columbia

2019-06-07 2019 Forest River Georgetown 31R5 View Listings

Our first and last Forest River. On our first trip the bedroom slide out and the living area slide out leaked. Water running everywhere. We also could not drain the gray water tank because they forgot to take out the plugs. Toilet was leaking and window shades were falling off. We have pets so we had to turn around in Florida and go back home to get it all fixed. We are currently on our second trip from Louisiana to Montana. In Missouri the sky light in the bathroom just blew off while driving. We didn’t notice until it started to rain. Just now, in South Dakota, our other sky light (the one in the living area) blew off. Now we have to stop again and have it repaired before it is supposed to rain this afternoon. This RV doesn’t have 5000 miles on it yet and minor things like moulding and window shades fall off all the time. We wanted a new RV because we didn’t want to deal with the minor problems of our old class C Damon anymore. This Forest River is a nightmare and we have not been able to relax yet for the fear of what is going wrong next. Do yourself a favor and DO NOT get a Forest River brand.
- Ingrid Thompson, Louisiana

2019-06-06 2017 Newmar Bay Star 3401 View Listings

Newmar makes an excellent quality Class A. You first notice the remarkable full body paint job, then you enter the interior and find it to be more like a small condo than an RV. The craftsmanship is first rate throughout. Cabinetry is residential quality rather than RV/camper quality in most competing units. All spaces are well utilized. Excellent factory support! Love this motorhome.
- Mike Dzurko, California

2019-06-06 2005 Winnebago Adventurer 38G View Listings

This has been a very good RV for my wife & me.It has a washer/dryer that is a very good option to have.The galley is very well positioned,close to all of the appliances,the dinette,pantry & sink. I also had sway bars,front & rear installed plus a steer safe.These items make for better handling on windy days or when a truck should pass.We tow a Chev Equanox and the 8.1 does a very good job with the extra weight.The W24 Workhorse chassie gives us plenty of capacity to take what we want with us.Overall quality is very good.The floor plan is ideal,it allows access to the bath room area even when the slides are in.The split bath with the tub/shower is also a very good feature. The 4 door fridg. has been good for us on extended stays. There is ample storage both inside & out of the coach.The factory has been very supportive when any warranty work or routine maintenance has been needed.This has been a very good ride for us but age & health issues has forced us to give up this good life.
- dale glass, Maryland

2019-06-04 2015 Thor Motor Coach Challenger 37ND View Listings

Great livability in this Thor Motor Coach! Here are some of the highlights - Full size refrigerator, Double sink, convection/microwave make prep time like home! - King size bed - love the split bathroom with shower separate - Great experience when using the generator for those times when not in an RV park. -Driving is smooth - a little play when a tractor passes -Our choice to purchase a motor home was the best as we can use all the functions in the RV without having to stop at a highway rest stop. Making a sandwich and going to the bathroom is possible while on the go. - Hook ups are easy enough with water, electric and sewer -Furnace keeps us cozy in cooler temps - Only one A/C unit is needed most of the time - we enjoy the option of using the outdoor T.V. - Awning could be a little longer - Love the outdoor kitchen, very functional - More than ample storage - 3 slides makes the Motor coach spacious
- renaparno@gmail.com, Ontario

2019-06-04 2007 Winnebago Voyage 32H View Listings

This winnebago voyage 32H Is Very reliable, very easy to drive, use as far as leveling, expanding the slides, washing out the grey, and black tanks, refilling the water, etc.... also parts are all numbered, readily available, and at a great price, makes heads turn ... best RV we’ve ever owned
- Franco Caputo , California