Class A - Gas Reviews on RV Insider (1,817)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Class A - Gas RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

James R. Rohan from New York says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2015 Thor Motor Coach Axis 24.1 View Listings

I have been in camping with RV's for more than 50 years and currently have a 5th wheel and this Axis unit, so I do have some experience with RV's. I purchased this unit in September 2014 and to date have not been able to utilize this unit as designed. I have and currently have so many things go wrong or are wrong that I could not recommend not only this unit but any unit manufactured by Thor. I have not gotten what might be considered help from Thor to correct issues. The latest issues are once again with the awning and since having leaking windows is causing de-lamination of a inside wall. I have filed under NY's lemon law to have the unit returned and get all monies that I have spent returned. I cannot and will not recommend this unit or any other unit manufactured by Thor.
- James R. Rohan, New York

2020-11-30 2018 Thor Motor Coach Hurricane 34P View Listings

Nothing but trouble with this RV. Repairs are constant. Drawers, cabinetry, everything seems to be poor quality and workmanship. There’s nothing I wish for more than to go back to the day we traded our 5th wheel
- Morrisa Pruett, Arkansas

2020-11-30 2014 Jayco Precept 31UL View Listings

We purchased this sweet little coach from a General RV in Murray, Utah in 2018. We love the floor plan and how easy it is to drive and set up. Travel is very quiet except when the F10 Ford engine goes into overdrive. Three slides with two opposing provides open space for comfortable living. Tons of exterior and interior space. We replaced the uncomfortable sofa bed with two leather power recliners from RecPro. On the down side. The cab a/c isn't powerful enough to cool the coach during travel, however we run one roof top a/c with cool comfort and no issues. If you are looking for a smaller coach with a spacious feel this is the one. We have put some 21000 miles on our Jayco. Still love it.
- Glenda, Utah

2020-11-27 2007 Winnebago Voyage 35A View Listings

The RV is great. Unfortunately my last 2 have been 40 foot diesels and my wife refuses to like the smaller gas rig. The Workhorse has plenty of power (I tow a Chevy Equinox) and runs great with only 33,000 miles.
- Jim Happ, Arizona

2020-11-26 2020 Newmar Bay Star 3014 View Listings

Just bought a 2020 Newmar 3626. When the generator runs the slide out hardware rattles. Most disappointing of all is the horrible quality mattresses on the King Bed and pull out couch. I would expect this lack of quality on entry level trailer.
- Brian, Florida

2020-11-24 2018 Coachmen Mirada 32SS View Listings

This unit has a great layout and is very roomy for only 35'. The outdoor kitchen and 40" tv with double awnings makes extra living space on those rainy days. It is easy to drive with the angled dash it makes seeing the road in front so much easier. The sideview camera's are above the wheels so you can see even the smallest of vehicles/motorcycles before changing lanes. It has loads of storage space inside as well as underneath with the 2 full pass thrus and extra large compartment on driver side.
- Jeanne Hulse, Virginia

2020-11-24 2019 Thor Motor Coach Challenger 37FH View Listings

26months fulltime layout is great ,also plenty of storage in basement. Drive and handling also good. Factory support is excellent. Overall very pleased with coach no regrets. Very few problems and have done very few upgrades or repairs.
- Bill, Delaware

2020-11-24 2012 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 29.1 View Listings

I am looking at buying 2012 ACE can anybody let me know the good and the bad. I will be driving it up this winter from Denver to Alaska. I have heard some good things about the motorhome and trying to see if I am making the right decision. any advise would be appreciated. thanks
- James Keel, Alaska

2020-11-24 2017 Winnebago Sightseer 33C View Listings

We upgraded to the Winnebago Sightseer when we decided to go full time. The Sightseer has been an outstanding RV. We bought it because it met all our needs and our expectations. It handles very well either under tow our on its own. We removed the original seating Which we found extremely uncomfortable and replaced it with 2 Lazy Boy recliners. We have also removed the recliners which will allow the new owners to select their preferred seating. We also added a king size bed. We are selling the Sightseer due to health reasons. The quality of the Sightseer has been exceptional and we have had very few maintenance issue. We installed an 18 CF GE residential refrigerator last year which made a great difference in the quantity of food and keeping refrigerated food at proper temperature. We have done our best to take very good care of RV. Being it was our home it became a necessity.
- Danny Goodpaster, North Carolina

2020-11-22 2018 Jayco Precept 31UL View Listings

We’ve had several campers of all types. Overall, I absolutely love this Motorhome the best of all of them! So easy to drive and the seats are so comfortable! We love having two Air Conditioners! The large refrigerator amd freezer is sects bonus!
- Kathy, Ohio

2020-11-22 2017 Winnebago Sightseer 33C View Listings

We upgraded to this RV when we went full time. It had all the features we desired in an RV for full time travel. It met all our expectations. The quality and workmanship has been excellent. It is easy to drive and handle on the road. It has no problem with towing. We added the king size bed and the residential refrigerator to make our travels compatible with full time travel. We have removed the original bench seating because it was extremely uncomfortable. We added 2 Lazy Boy recliners. We have removed the recliners to allow the future owner to add their own selected seating.
- djgoodpaster12, North Carolina

2020-11-21 2015 Forest River Georgetown XL 377XL View Listings

We have owned this coach for a couple of years now I’ve had absolutely no issues drives great one of the best looking rigs on the road but The Uphostery has fell apart To the point that look like something that would come out of a Flint Michigan crackhouse we are in barest to have friends even come inside We have furniture in our home lasted 20 years Forest river does not want to hear anything about it but my next purchase I will research the reviews I can almost guarantee it won’t be a Forest River product
- Pat stmper, Kentucky

2020-11-19 2014 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 29.2 View Listings

I bought this RV used when it was one year old in 2015. What I can say good is I am comfortable in it (less a couple issues) and I really like the floor plan however, I have had nothing but problems. Nothing major like with the powertrain thank goodness. (Ford did well there so far) Like I saw in other reviews all of the furniture material is peeling off and there are little pieces scattered everywhere. I am constantly vacuuming up pieces all over the RV for years now. No warranty coverage. Very annoying. When you unlock the sliding glass windows the metal lock bracket pops off the glass window. This has happened to every sliding glass window in my RV. I have over the years fixed them myself which required a mallet and precision pounding to re-secure the bracket to the glass via a rubber gasket insert. I'm always afraid of breaking the window. Thank goodness I haven't but why do I need to keep dealing with this. Bad design. Many of the interior wood pieces are cut crooked so when fitted together during assembly there are ugly gaps that are permanently there. Some are quite noticeable. The engine air conditioner has now failed for the third time. The first 2 times I took it to the dealer and each time lasted that summer then failed the next. currently as I write this my engine ac is broke. (trying to assess if it's the Thor side or Ford side) Now that my warranty has expired I am learning how to troubleshoot it myself. The Macerator (disposal unit for waste) broke twice. Warranty fixed it the first time but the second time it broke I removed the system and disposed of it opting for the standard 3" sewer line. But the problem is, there is no sewer line going to the left side of the RV. So, I had to install from Home Depot 3" black PVC pipe from where the Macerator connected on the right side, and run it across the bottom of the RV to the left side where the shore connections are. Furthermore, the shower drain broke and drained all the shower water out onto the right rear tires. There are 2 heater ducts under the shower I had to cut to gain access to make repairs. Then I had to get adapters to reconnect them. Very difficult due to limited working space. The MBA fan on the circuit breaker panel failed so I had to work that issue (MBA shutting down due to overheat). Had to use a house fan blowing on the CB panel to get by. Screws falling out and in some places things that should have a screw in it don't. My RV must have been made on a Monday or Friday cause the workmanship is awful. No pride at all. In all the repairs I have done I notice the workmanship is very half-assed and I have to redo things to make them right. Some screws that are installed are put in extremely crooked which has made the parts they hold come loose. The slide out has gaps where the wood is not installed (no idea why that is) and doesn't seal when extended. So whenever I put the slide out out I have to cram foam stuffing into them so critters don't get in. Internal sliding door latches most have all failed so I have to put something against the doors so they don't slide open while driving. (A fix for another day) The front windshield curtain has completely flaked apart during the first year of ownership. I took the entire curtain assy and had it resewn with all new material. Warranty wouldn't cover it. Also, in the first year I owned the RV the toilet seal would not hold water so warranty did cover that but failure in less then 2 years? Also don't get me started on the handling of this thing on the road. I don't know enough about suspension but from day one it's white knuckled driving. The swaying and pulling on the steering is pretty scary at times. I could keep going on about all the issues I have with this RV. My extended warranty has expired and my RV is paid off so I will just keep making repairs as needed but, I would suggest to anyone looking to buy an RV, spend time doing your homework by checking reviews and talking to people about the best RV to buy. No RV is perfect but some are better then others. I had buyers remorse for almost a year regretting this purchase. I just can't believe all the issues that keep coming up. I bought the first thing I saw and it was a mistake. Lesson learned. If I ever buy another RV I will not buy another Thor EVER!
- John Stuart, Nevada

2020-11-15 2006 Four Winds Hurricane 34N View Listings

Great RV, perfect for new and experienced RV owners! Easy to get accustomed to using! Great space! Is has 3 slides and auto leveling which is an awesome feature to have! This is great for families or those who are looking to head out on new adventures!
- Michael, Florida

2020-11-13 2020 Thor Motor Coach Windsport 34R View Listings

We bought a 2020 Thor windsport in September 2020 new and the quality control is nonexistent. It has about 10 items that were not taken care of at the factory. We are still waiting on camping world and Thor to make all of the warranty repairs. If you have well over $100,000 dollars to throw away then Thor is the company to buy from. There motorhomes SUCK!!
- Thomas, North Carolina

2020-11-10 2016 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 30.1 View Listings

What ever you do do not buy Thor Ace motorhome. In 2016 I bought one and three years later every piece of furniture inside of it is peeling. I called several times the only response I have gotten was I can buy covers for the furniture. They do not stand behind their product. It is a disgrace If I could give them a zero I would
- Michelle Hirt, Florida

2020-11-10 2015 Thor Motor Coach Challenger 37GT View Listings

We really liked the layout and how it feels when your livin in it. Others will talk about the suspension and yes it a soft but with sway bar upgrades and Sumo springs and front and rear stabilizers you go from white knuckle to one handed joy. We followed up with a 5 Star reprogram and it all together a different coach. Like I tell everyone that asks, if you don't which end of a wrench to hold, an RV is not for you. Things go wrong and it parts of hauling 27,000 pounds around. The Owners Group will help answer pretty much any question that come up so your not alone out on the road.
- Scott Burns, Wisconsin

2020-11-09 2016 Forest River Georgetown 364TS View Listings

When I was trying to choose an RV for an around-the-country 2 month trip with the family I knew I wanted bunk beds, a king sized bed, and a great floor plan. I narrowed my choices down and decided on the Georgetown 364TS. It was the ideal choice for our trip. The dual everything (AC, bathrooms, showers, heat, water heater, black
- Deborah Abrams, California

2020-11-09 2018 Thor Motor Coach Windsport 34J Bunkhouse View Listings

the worst rv i have ever owe no. warrenty on unit from our anyone if buy it used cabinets falling off ceiling counter top coming apart roof plywood delaming bump out ruping on the floor soft spot in the floor
- bryant borland, Wisconsin

2020-11-08 2015 Newmar Bay Star Sport 2702 View Listings

This is a nice quality Newmar coach. It has a lot of features that most smaller units don't include. Perfectly comfortable for 2 people to vacation or full timing. After upgrading the heat pump to a 15000 BTU unit it cools nicely and the addition of a sunscreen windshield cover helped greatly. This is a lot of RV packed into a compact unit!
- John, Florida

2020-11-07 2017 Thor Motor Coach Hurricane 34P View Listings

We enjoyed our RV. We liked the outside kitchen. Loved the bedroom once we upgraded the mattress. Some things came loose the first year, like screws. AC and heater works great. Loved the outside television.
- Roselyn, Arizona

2020-11-07 2020 Jayco Alante 29S View Listings

I have a new 2020 Jayco Alante 29S. I’m frustrated with the quality of the vehicle and the service from the dealer. They delivered the RV with an alignment issue. The RV’s drivers AC went out 30 mins in on the first trip. The awning broke on the first trip also. We had multiple pieces of trim fall off with the as well. I’m told I have to drive it an hour away to have it serviced - even though it’s brand new. Regret this purchase. Steer clear.
- Robin, Florida

2020-11-04 2017 Forest River Georgetown XL 369XLF View Listings

I have to say when I first purchased this unit I was impressed. Only to find out in less than 2 years the problems would start to surface. Started with the tile floor cracking and popping up. and minor issues no problem I could deal with.now less then 2 years on the unit and only 25,000 miles. the interior seats and color is peeling away, the cushions are collapsed, all the shades have broken from their mounting brackets, water heater leaking, the cabinet wouldn't stay closed. the main door handle breaks and locked me inside, Developed a roof leak around the front vent. and now the front slide is now broken. For a low mileage unit it has way too many issues. and I'm afraid I will not purchase another unit from Forest River,I just hopw this doesn't continue with this product.
- Kenneth Wettlin, Michigan

2020-11-03 2012 Thor Motor Coach Hurricane 32A View Listings

The review should have been a -5!!!!! Do not buy thor rvs!!! Thor needs to be sued bigtime for producing such a lemon!!!! All of us stuck with this lemon should do a class action lawsuit!!!! So many problems for such an expensive rv! This company needs to shutdown because they are unethical and immoral! Stop ripping off the customers! Care about your image and reputation!!!!
- Nancy song, California

2020-11-03 2005 Safari Simba 37PBD View Listings

EXCELLENT BUILD QUALITY,GREAT LAYOUT, THEY JUST DONNT MAKE THEM LIKE THIS ANYMORE. GOOD QUALITY INTERIOR FROM THE FLORRING TO THE CABINETS, ALSO THE LAYOUT IS PERFECT. HANDLES WELL ON THE ROAD, THE WORKHORSE ENGINE IS SOLID
- ROBERT MEYER, South Carolina