Class A - Gas Reviews on RV Insider (1,574)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Class A - Gas RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

James R. Rohan from New York says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2015 Thor Motor Coach Axis 24.1 View Listings

I have been in camping with RV's for more than 50 years and currently have a 5th wheel and this Axis unit, so I do have some experience with RV's. I purchased this unit in September 2014 and to date have not been able to utilize this unit as designed. I have and currently have so many things go wrong or are wrong that I could not recommend not only this unit but any unit manufactured by Thor. I have not gotten what might be considered help from Thor to correct issues. The latest issues are once again with the awning and since having leaking windows is causing de-lamination of a inside wall. I have filed under NY's lemon law to have the unit returned and get all monies that I have spent returned. I cannot and will not recommend this unit or any other unit manufactured by Thor.
- James R. Rohan, New York

2020-04-05 1997 Winnebago Adventurer 34RQ View Listings

To begin with you didn’t give much information about the Motorhome.suchas the mileage and engine type, leveling jacks and any problems it has . Does it have a generator in good condition. I like to know what you are selling ok?
- William Maynor , Georgia

2020-03-30 2017 Forest River Georgetown 328TS View Listings

A great motorhome for long term stay! I have enjoyed this motorhome tremendously! 5 years motorhome snowbirds No problem pulling my jeep cherokee as if it was not there! No breakdowns no accidents Very easy to set up
- Mark Brook, Florida

2020-03-30 2019 Coachmen Mirada 32SS View Listings

After owning a 27’, Class A motorhome from Gerzeney’s ‘s for two years and loving the lifestyle traveling around the country we decided we needed some more space and storage. We had visited Gerzeney’s in Nakomis, Florida a month or so prior to going back, remembering Robbie, a sales person who suggested he would find us exactly what we wanted when we were ready. Well, we got ready. Robbie has such a great personality and is super knowledge of his products that he brought us right over to the RV we now purchased. We were very specific and adamant about the trade-in and our financing as we discussed the transaction with Kelly, Gerzeney’s Finance and Sales Support person. She searched and searched every avenue with persistence and patience until she found the right deal for us. Actually, the transaction became better than our original request. Thanks Kelly! So, if anyone out there is looking for a first time experience of RV-ing or wants an upgrade please, ask for “Robbie.” Don’t go anywhere else. You’ll have a great time and really fun experience.
- Chris B, Florida

2020-03-29 2020 Jayco Precept 34G View Listings

After years of research and decisions, this last February 2020 my wife and I purchased a brand new 2020 Jayco Precept 34G (farmhouse, full body paint, washer/dryer, upgraded the rear 13.5 AC to 15k AC/HP, and added a Winegard Roadtrip T4 Satellite and Winegard C2 4G LTE WiFi. After doing all our research as well as reading many reviews of others' past experience with new RVs versus used in general, we expected to find "new RV issues" and "dealer/manufacturer support issues" to contend with as reported by others... However, this was NOT our experience. Our dealer, Vogt RV, DFW-Texas, was very helpful, responsive, and super easy to work with. We visited Vogt (and several others) over the past 2 years as we considered/debated whether to go Airstream, Class A, or Class B+/C, but we are so glad we went bigger and very happy we bought ours through Vogt. After our deposit, we spent roughly 10 cumulative hours prior to and on the day of our closing going through literally everything. We couldn't find anything wrong other than a few simple things (a cargo door adjustment, nav gps wire was not connected, a fog lamp wire hanging a bit low) - all of which was corrected on the spot. It felt, the less I could find, the closer I would look.... So, we closed without having to have a messy list of to-dos (and all our upgrades were done and inspected prior to the day of our closing). Then, after closing, we thought for sure we'd encounter something during any of our initial (three so far) shakedown weekend trips - but still nothing! Everything works perfectly and fit and finish are outstanding and solid. I am very picky but also realistic. We really love our new vacation home and feel that everything on this RV is very good. There is one thing that I think could be improved upon: I may add sound-deadening under the front structure/engine bay. The engine noise is a little louder during off-line acceleration, but it's not horrible and it quiets down nicely at cruising speed. I have to say that Jayco's team has done a fantastic job on the 2020 Precept 34G. From the older reviews (a few years old) to now, it's very clear that Jayco has listened and improved their build quality over the past several years and it really shows. We highly recommend this model for functionality, floor plan, quality (including the appliances), and esthetics. Jayco has really put a lot of thought and care into the design and build process for the Precept 34G and it shows! We feel very fortunate and perhaps a little lucky. My wife and I are looking forward to many years of fun touring around the country, vacationing with our kids and grandkids, and meeting others from across the US. Be safe and happy motoring.
- Ed Higgins, Texas

2020-03-26 2011 Itasca Suncruiser 35P View Listings

This Motorhome is a breeze to drive. The floor plan with the opposing slides give you more room then you would expect. The storage space is more then ample. The leather seats for both the cabin seats and the couch is very very soft and relaxing. This would be a great motorhome for full timing or long trips. Most of our trips were only a couple to weeks to a month at a time and we never felt like we needed to get home.
- Tim, Kentucky

2020-03-24 2016 Jayco Precept 31UL View Listings

I searched 4 states looking for it and it's awesome floorplan and smooth J-RIDE Plus system including extra shocks, front & rear sway bars all computer balanced!! You get the latest technology with side & rear cameras. One- hand easy Automatic hydralic leveling system! 7" LCD display can be used for all your music enjoyment, plus the GPS for routing your trip and be/DVD player! Marquis Gold 5500 generator that lets you watch movies in the Samsung 4K Blu-ray player 50" 4K tv in the LR or the BR 32" ROKU smart tv including the 4K bluray player and keep all your food in the fridge cold plus cooking in the XL convection/microwave oven. Need more counter space...long 3 drawer container holding all your cutlery, cooking utinsils and of course the wine bottle opener! You found the perfect site and you lower the leveling Jack's now you can put out you dinette, kitchen/loveseat and bedroom slides. Wait I want to make a grill cheese sandwich...perfect uncover the 3 burner gas cooktop and wala...while this kitchen activity is going on the kids go outside and open up the 16' power awning and place a few chairs out from inside the exterior RV storage compartments; 2 small, 2 full through coach with doors on both sides or the single rear storage where I keep my foldable chairs. With the awning up and the chair set we open the panel to the outside entertainment center with 39" led tv, single DVD player or you can send a movie from in the coach outside using the multichannel splitter provided! On the other(drivers) side other than storage compartments you find the 5500kw easy start generator, holding tanks bay for emptying your gray or black water old school way or use the new Thetford Sani-con turbo sewer system drains all gray and black tanks in minutes with 1 pipe only!! Next you'll find the water compartment with outside cold/hot shower, cable TV connection, whole RV water filtration system, connector for fresh water through standard male hose and flushing connections for all holding tanks. The last compartment you explore holds your 50' 50 amp 4 prong power cord with 3 prong adapter included. This coach is equipped with a Reese style hitch capable of towing 5000 lbs. All exterior windows are frameless and shaded inside with dual black mesh and a fabric shade. The bathroom on your right heading to the rear has a floor flush toilets and single sink with 2 sliding cabinet mirrors and storage drawers below with power fan overhead for venting. The panel on the wall below the light switch is your tankless water heater temperature controller. This is a balanced system so if the hold and cold water are close to the same flow you will never run out of hot water...NEVER RUN OUT OF HOT WATER!! The standard glass sliding doors are gone...replace with an extend a shower. When moving the arms fold in with all the shower curtain inside the shower base. Ready to take a shower then extend the bars out and you've created a larger and more comfortable shower experience. Ok ready to turn in on the master bed queen orthopedic top of the line mattress, or fold out the sofa loveseat in the LR to keep watching 50" 4K tv or lower the power up/down overhead cabin queen bed on wooden rails. There is much much more to highlight but your in personal tour will highlight everything.
- Donald Montgomery, North Carolina

2020-03-22 2014 Itasca Sunova 33C View Listings

Outstanding floor plan, large living area, King bed. The V10 engine has power to pull about anything you want. Easy to drive. Lots of storage inside and out. The Sunova only uses very high end counter tops, and furnishings.
- Jim Nickell, Kentucky

2020-03-22 2019 Thor Motor Coach Freedom Traveler A27 View Listings

It had problems from day one. We bought it in early 2019. It has been in the shop several times. We have only been able to use it on 2 weekends. There screws poking up through the linoleum. Screws poking through the skin at rear of coach. It took 3 2 hour trips to the shop where I purchased it just to get the sewer pipe lined up properly so I could attach the sewer hose. The steering while is bearing to the right about 10 degrees. 3 trips and it was still doing it even though they did 2 front end alignments. Had to repair sliding door because it had a big gouge in it. It also would not stay locked in open position. The door has been fixed. HD to replace a piece of vinyl on bedroom slide out. The fresh water tank fill hose came loose and flooded the floor. 2 trips to fix that. It took 3 trips before they finally replaced the radio. The Motorhome has been back to the shop for several weeks. They are waiting on parts. I am very upset because when you lay thousands of dollars on an RV it is so you can use it, not keep driving it 2 hours to the shop for repairs. Thank you for listening.
- Ray Yonts, Indiana

2020-03-21 2015 Thor Motor Coach Vegas 24.1 View Listings

Really liked the floor layout. Much nicer than the 20 ft we had. Shortly after purchase, drove it out West, Colorado, Idaho, Wyoming. Wind pushes it all over the road. Previous owner (2800 miles. Now I know why he got rid of it) had a heavier steering rod stabilizer added attempting to make the thing more stable. To aid it making this thing easier to drive, I added heavier sway bars front and rear. Made a big difference. Had the front end aligned where I learned the steering stabilizer had been improperly installed. This helped. The driver seat is crap, so I bought a new seat. Much improved. Still unstable in cross winds and by semis. Bought Sumosprings for front and rear. Not yet installed. Will update after installation. I would avoid this motorhome if you plan on driving it much. Love it when parked.
- Gary Pope, Ohio

2020-03-19 2004 Fleetwood Flair 33R View Listings

I fell totally in love with the RV the first time I saw it and knew it was the RV for us. Once my Hubby saw it, he agreed wholeheartedly. She starts first time, every time. It is really awesome condition for it's age. We lived it it for 2 months straight and really enjoyed our time thoroughly. We absolutely love this RV, but because of medical issues (two bad arms and shoulders), I can not longer drive it. My hubby is not much of a driver, so he can not, either. There are no mechanical issues, only a couple of minor cosmetic ones, mentioned in the description, other than that she is wonderful!!
- Steven & Patricia Kintner, North Carolina

2020-03-18 2005 Newmar Mountain Aire 3783 View Listings

Quality even at this age of the coach not one thing wrong, it’s built to last, I can’t say enough. I did have to add stabilizer to improve driving. I would highly recommend this manufacturer and this coach
- Christine Nixon, Florida

2020-03-16 2005 Newmar Scottsdale 3201 View Listings

I love my newmar coach I have the 2005 scottsdale model strong motor great transmission mine has the cherry cabinets very well built through the whole coach I have lived in mine for 4 years and love it .fantastic company and it drives so nice very fun to drive
- Tracy , Nevada

2020-03-15 2017 Newmar Bay Star 3401 View Listings

We had several problems with the electric awning and annoying squeaks. Got thise worked iut after 2 years. Also with the drawer latches breaking (6). But the worst problem was the Dura shield on the front if the coach. It discolored and mildewed within a year. It may be the worst product ever made. I would never buy another motorhome with this on the front. It makes your brand new motorhome look like a garbage truck in less than a year. Much easier to touch up the chips than spend 100 hours or 1200 dollars to remove this horrible product. I would not accept a Newmar from a dealer if it has this on the front. The rest of the rv us perfect.
- Mike, Georgia

2020-03-12 2008 Winnebago Adventurer 38T View Listings

This is my 7th motorhome and my last as health forces me to give it up. She has been a great motorhome plenty of room and storage the electric reels are a god send no more wrestling with hoses or power cable. she rides great. two vanities makes it nice. very easy to drive and maneuver the kitchen is big enough for two people to work the opposing slides make for a great entertainment area tv is in front of you not on the ceiling between the seats big shower i'm 6 2 and have plenty of room most of the lighting has been replaced with leds
- Ron Dupuis, Florida

2020-03-10 2001 Triple E Commander A3503FB View Listings

Couldn’t believe how well it handled on the highway, hills etc compared to my GMC truck and 5th wheel! The quality of this motor home is unbelievable....the construction including the wood work, insulation and thermal double pane windows is outstanding!! The two air conditioners and heaters are a huge plus as you can heat/cool specific areas. I cannot say anything negative about this Triple E product!
- Larry , California

2020-03-09 2013 Tiffin Allegro Open Road 34TGA View Listings

My 34 TGA is a pleasure to drive. With 3 slides and two of them opposing the room in the motorhome is spacious. Huge under carriage storage. GCVW is 30,000 pounds. We receive many compliments on our Allegro Open Road. One of the most popular manufacturers with great support from Tiffin.
- David Otey, Florida

2020-03-09 2020 Fleetwood Bounder 33C View Listings

Traded our 2016 Fleetwood Bounder 33C because we loved the layout and had many great trips for a new 2020 Fleetwood Bounder 33C. Unfortunately, shortly after we brought it home, got some medical news that will prevent us from continuing our use. Has been in inside storage ever since December 1, 2019. Warranty effective 11/5/19. Believe my price is at or below dealer cost.
- Joe Crandall, Pennsylvania

2020-03-06 2019 Jayco Alante 26X View Listings

I bought my Alante 26x in April 2019. After two trips, I had it in Camping world for warranty work. After 6 weeks, they finally found the parts and repaired the over head bed and replaced the decals. After 3000 miles, the battery "gel" exploded and I had to pay for another one as Jayco does not warranty batteries. I took a month long trip in December 2019...I. again, needed warranty work. It is now March and the RV has been in warranty limbo since January 7th (the parts have been on order...still waiting for the parts to come in, etc.) Either Jayco has the worst product out there, or Jayco hand makes all their products from scratch. At this rate, my RV has been in the shop 5 months in 1 year and used it 6 weeks. The warranty needs to be much longer than 2 years!.
- Carol Strotman, New Mexico

2020-03-04 2014 Forest River FR3 30DS View Listings

One of the poorest built trailers out there , after first season we replace both slider motors axle spring hanger broke stranded us on highway, and all molding was falling off, 2nd season had to replace slider motors again , and found out the welds on hitch itself was all broken and almost lost trailer , had to get a whole new frame welded on to the trailer our tongue weight is 2200 pounds with propane tanks full the whole quality of this trailer is just unbelievably cheap we put in another $12,000 over and above be on the cost of the trailer now that everything is done has been awesome but should’ve been sent out by the factory with all these upgrades and fixes we will never buy a forest river ever again
- Dabe Gordon, Alberta

2020-03-03 2017 Winnebago Vista 31KE View Listings

I've owned six class-A gas RV,s. We traveled 3-4 months each year for the past twelve years and this is by far the best living, and driving RV. The road handling is superior, and the basement space is 20 to 25% larger than the others. We love the drop down bed in the cab. Along with the fold out couch, convertible U-shaped dinette, and queen bed in the back, it sleeps 7 to 8 people. Winnebago builds a great rig.
- Vasilieff, Oregon

2020-03-03 2017 Forest River Georgetown 378XL View Listings

New 2016 purchase. Always covered. All interior leather crumbling apart. Contacted FR. Known problem for 2105-2016 coaches. Sent me new, same type covers, but my expense for labor to install. My 2nd new FR product. I believe they should pay labor to install on this 9,000 mile, well maintained unit. Great coach other than this issue which is horrible looking.
- Jack Shepehrd, Texas

2020-03-02 2007 Coachmen Aurora 36FWS View Listings

Of all the 8 motorhomes I have owned, this one was the most classy and liveable -- so many features and options it's hard to describe. The tour bus style storage is wonderful and it has the best gas mileage of any I have owned even though it is the largest.
- jerry, Ohio

2020-03-02 2016 Thor Motor Coach Vegas 25.3 View Listings

Full disclosure, I am selling my parents which I have used two times. Things I loved about it: Engine, it purrs - Ford Triton V10 Floor layout - would have picked sofa instead of dinette, personally. Queen walk around slide out - loved it. Fridge - worked great. Bed over cab - great use of space even for storage. Visually gorgeous. Winter package - worked great for us. 8k generator - great TVs and entertainment system - super. Things I hated: Cheap pleather/leather - I replaced ours the first year. Locating fuses and safety switches - call Thor and they will send you diagrams. Main one you will need is located under the hoses at the engine battery. (Just a reset, but you’ll need it!) Stereo - get an upgrade. Entry door- needs upgraded safety strap so the wind doesn’t take it. AND THE WORST - drawer close keepers!! Stink! We replaced ours immediately. Drawers opened constantly while driving. Went with magnetic strips and are great now. Overall super comfy, but Thor should address or recall these hated items.
- Shandy jlaus, Florida

2020-02-29 2005 National RV Dolphin 5355 View Listings

The RV is older but is in very good shape. I like the floor plan as it has sliding doors that separate the rooms. It's satellite ready. The hot water unit heats the water very quickly. Rides well, takes hills very easy. Will have a few extras like sheets, cookware, dinnerware. Overall it is a nice, clean, easy care RV.
- Sharon, Arizona