Class A - Gas RVs Reviews on RV Insider (1,519)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Class A - Gas RVs Reviews and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of these RVs.

James R. Rohan from New York says:

Have you owned any Class A - Gas RVs? Write a review

Voted Most Helpful Review 2015 Thor Motor Coach Axis 24.1 View Listings

I have been in camping with RV's for more than 50 years and currently have a 5th wheel and this Axis unit, so I do have some experience with RV's. I purchased this unit in September 2014 and to date have not been able to utilize this unit as designed. I have and currently have so many things go wrong or are wrong that I could not recommend not only this unit but any unit manufactured by Thor. I have not gotten what might be considered help from Thor to correct issues. The latest issues are once again with the awning and since having leaking windows is causing de-lamination of a inside wall. I have filed under NY's lemon law to have the unit returned and get all monies that I have spent returned. I cannot and will not recommend this unit or any other unit manufactured by Thor.
- James R. Rohan, New York

2020-01-15 2017 Jayco Alante 31V View Listings

This is a very livable Motorhome with lots of storage space both inside and out. Plenty of storage in the bedroom with 12 drawers and two large closets. A large pantry in the kitchen with overhead cabinets plus the lower cabinets provides great storage for your groceries and cooking and eating utensils. The LED lighting throughout provides a bright atmosphere and does not add much to the electrical load. It looks sharp moving down the road and drives like a dream. It is the 4th Class A motorhome I have owned and by far the most comfortable to drive because of the exclusive Jayco J ride Suspension. There is minimal sway from passing trucks and quick, positive steering keeps it steady in the driving lane. It has a short turning radius for easy maneuvering in the campground or city streets. The full length awning makes sitting outside a pleasure, especially while watching the outside TV. Meal preparation is very easy with the spacious counter and proximity of the stove, refrigerator, and sink. I have added an additional grab bar on the left side of the door for added safety and ease of entering and exiting for someone that may have physical limitations. Traveling with extra people is no problem with the drop down bunk in the cockpit area. This easily accommodates two adults. The dinette will make into a bed for another adult or two children. With the slideouts deployed you don't feel like you are constantly bumping into one another. The addition of the electric recliner sofa makes watching the opposite wall mounted TV a comfortable occasion. This sofa can also be used as a bed for two adults. The automatic hydraulic leveling system makes setting up in a campground very quick and easy. The only things left are the utility hookups and you are ready to enjoy life. All in all, this is a very comfortable RV and the only reason I am selling it is my age and health issues. Otherwise you would be passing me on some highway here in the U.S.
- Robert Geesler, Florida

2020-01-13 2004 Fleetwood Southwind 32VS View Listings

Love our motor home. Belonged to a camping club, we used our RV every month. Long vacations to several states and to Mexico every April. Easy to park and set up. Reason for selling, wife passed away.
- Jim McMurray, California

2020-01-13 2007 Itasca Suncruiser 35L View Listings

We loved this RV, it was perfect for our family and traveling around. It drives very smooth, lots of room for storage and we loved the amenities. The floor plan is nice and large, lots of room to move around, the kitchen is wonderful, we love the large refrigerator and big freezer. The shower is also nice and roomy, plenty of cabinets for storage and great lighting.
- Melinda Godfrey, Wisconsin

2020-01-13 2018 Jayco Precept 31UL View Listings

Drives like you are in a much smaller motorhome, very easy. Tracks straight down the road. On demand hot water is amazing. If you want to take a 15 min shower, no problem the temperature never varies at all. King bed is also a big plus. 50" retractable TV is including a sound bar and suborder.
- Jim Daniel, Idaho

2020-01-13 2014 Winnebago Vista 27N View Listings

Best RV we ever owned, packs so much into just 28feet means it is easy to drive and can fit into all the campgrounds. Inverter runs the TV's and outlets for coffee maker, blender etc. the storage space is huge and the 3 large slides make it so roomy
- Candace Hofstadter, Arizona

2020-01-12 2019 Thor Motor Coach Outlaw 37RB View Listings

Firstly, having had a few travel trailer toy haulers and having read a lot of reviews of Thor products, my expectations were quite low. Thankfully, at ~5.5k miles, we've had a fairly good experience. Winters in a nice park in FL and the rest of the season at a campground in North GA. Overall, for what it is, it's been pretty good. 2500lb capacity in the garage means we load the bikes and go. Haven't towed a vehicle, but we're getting ready to do so (Ford Ranger), in 2020. Issues: Leaking window in garage, slide recall, outside TV box was coming apart (inside) and some other nits. All of these were fixed on a return trip to the Indiana factory, covered by warranty. Inverter fell off it's mounting (four wood screws. Really?) on drive home, auxiliary fuel tank gauge inop, chipped paint on roof and back cover over the garage A/C unit (annoying). Other than the paint, I've taken care of the other problems. Drives pretty well for a gas engine and coach and has a pretty good useable weight. Mattresses are crap, but there is a lot of sleeping space. Only two of us and occasionally a weekend with the boys and it's all good for that use. The rear ramp/patio is excellent for grilling (put out the awning and grill in the rain) and outdoor shower is good for washing the dog after a run to lake or beach. The Axxera bluetooth unit in the dash is a little finicky, but is good enough. So far, so good.
- John Lavey, Georgia

2020-01-10 2003 Fleetwood Southwind 36E View Listings

I bought this RV from the original owner which made me the second owner. To me, this is the best floor plan Fleetwood has ever made on a RV with just 2 slides. The bedroom slide, is the whole bedroom, not just the bed like so many of them are. You don't feel like you are crawling up in a hole when you are going to bed. It has what I think is the largest shower in a gas RV under 38 feet long. The V10 engine has plenty of power. The 4 door refrigerator/freezer has more than enough room. This Southwind was the top of the line in the gas RVs from Fleetwood in 2003. The interior colors are very pleasing unlike some of the gaudy color interiors that they came out with.
- Mark Harrison, Georgia

2020-01-09 2013 Fleetwood Southwind 32V View Listings

This is my first RV. Never had even been in one before. Have had to consult others on some pretty basic questions, as the manuals don't seem to be written for a complete newbie. Things are getting better, as the blanks are being filled in.
- Franklin R Brown, Florida

2020-01-09 2018 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 27.2 View Listings

The ACE is easy to drive and has all the automatic comforts. When the slide outs are extended there is plenty of space for a family of 8. The master suite has a king bed with a privacy door-well thought out floor plan. There are several spacious storage compartments. This RV came with 3 TV's and a DVD player.
- Marcia , California

2020-01-08 2019 Winnebago Intent 29L View Listings

Purchased July 2019 in Florida...on our way to NJ large rattle from the overhead bed, several other problems, seating area bed & sofa bed are extremely small, only toddler fits, but the main problems are as follows..lots of heat coming into the RV from under The passenger seat, 10 days later unit broke down on a busy two lane road way, welded heat shields Underneath broke off an immobilized the unit..exhaust front and rear were loose... call Winnebago—it’s a ford problem-towed to Ford, because Winnebago moves things around to install the house(RV)...Ford will not repair, sends it back to manufacturer...we looked underneath... lots of rust, in litigation now...buyer beware😤
- Wanda Rodriguez, New Jersey

2020-01-07 2018 Winnebago Intent 30R View Listings

How to begin. This rv has either been in the shop or waiting to go more often then I've been able to use it. Sewer/gray water valve leak, times 3. Plumbing leak. Shop found lines did not have proper fittings from factory. New entry door. Had to install shims to fix, opening cut to large. Short in cable/satellite, plus satellite connection had no hole for coax. Sawdust pouring out of air duct. I had to take this apart and vacuum. Always friendly service. Takes a month or so to get it in, months to repair. Often repair wasn't completed. In the shop right now. Been there for two months. At least Winnebago is willing to fix all under warranty. Just a lot of monthly payments being made for a unit which can't be used 1/2 the time.
- Russell, California

2020-01-07 2007 Fleetwood Bounder 35E View Listings

This is a remarkable Coach. It's fully loaded with everything! We love taking trips in it. Last trip was to Tennessee. Feels great having a wonderfully comfortable Coach to stay in. I mean sure everyone says you can stay in their house with them. We say "no thank you", we're very comfortable in our home away from home. It's like taking our home with us. The private bedroom and full bathroom are big. The shower is huge. Better yet, no one has to go into Master Bathroom from the rest of the Coach. There is a commode and sink closed off next to main living area. The dinette comfortably seats 4. the dinette pulls out and can sleep 2. The couch pulls out into a bed that also sleeps 2. All in all we love travelling in it!
- J. W. Matheson, California

2020-01-07 2020 Thor Motor Coach Hurricane 33X View Listings

We have owned several RV’s and this is the poorest built one we have ever had. It is currently in the shop with approximately 15 items being taken care of. We are full-time RV’ers and it has been in the shop for 5 weeks. We have had to rely on friends for a place to stay, not knowing it was going to take this long. The passenger and driver windows leak, inverter went out, firmware went out, tracks on drawers were poorly installed, duct for heating installed under bench seat poorly installed, bottom of entrance door not flush when shut, lock fell out of one of the storage compartments and others items. We love the unit but are so disappointed in the quality of the workmanship that we are sorry we purchased it, kinda stuck with it. Most of these items weren’t noticeable until after being used, ie firmware, inverter and lock.
- Dennis Gustafson, Kansas

2020-01-05 2019 Thor Motor Coach Challenger 37KT View Listings

Upon searching for the perfect fit in what my wife and I desired in an RV, we knew the Thor Challenger 37KT would be the perfect one. Unfortunately due to a terminal disease, it sadly required us to cut our plans extremely short in getting to experience traveling the U.S.A. as planned. The livability of this model provides all of the comforts of home by literally dividing the unit up in three different sections if we wanted to do. Everything from slider living room doors, electric fireplace with heater to the comfort and relaxation area of the living room watching TV or reading a book and listening to music. The cabinetry is solid wood and not cheaply covered particle board. It's high gloss with deep storage area and plenty of them to meet storage needs. Thor took enough pride in their Challenger line to introduce these solid cabinets from their upper line coaches of the Tuscany line, very nice and great job Thor! The living room also included a drop-down overhead 54x74 bunk sleeping area above the cockpit that could easily sleep two if needed. Then as you walk back into the kitchen area from the living room you have a residential full size Whirlpool refrigerator in the very nice and well done kitchen area. It reminds you of a luxury studio apartment in the area of the kitchen. The kitchen provides an OTR Microwave/convection oven and two burner stove backed by a nice and decorative back splash. You even have the ability to watch TV while in the kitchen with one of the four (4) TV's that this coach offers. The dining table is free standing and comes with 4 very nice chairs which two of them are folding for storage. There is even a washer and dryer prep in this area of the coach. The bathroom is modern and roomy enough to feel comfortable. The hot water is provided by on demand need. The bedroom is equipped with a king size tilt-bed. This is a real nice feature. Plenty of dresser drawers and two (2) closets are provided for clothing. Cabinets are also above the head board and plenty of them that are deep as well. The ability to dim or brighten the lights throughout the coach also was a nice compliment to this coach. In the bedroom is the third TV. The outside features two (2) pitch adjustable LED lit awnings. The back awning is 16' and the front awning is 12'. Under the front awning is located the 4th TV with soundbar. There is plenty of through trunk/basement storage space. There is even a pet/multi-purpose tie-down link if you want to lock up a bike or grill. This is the perfect coach to RV across of country because of these creature comforts of home. Definitely a glamping unit. It's even pre-wired for solar panels. With the mirror camera's and rear camera, it made it very comfortable to navigate. On the interstate it drives like it's floating with minimal sway. Very impressive to drive and comes with an 8,000 lb. towing hitch. It also comes with a 5500 Cummins ONAN auto-start generator for boon-docking or if needed. There is a 105 lb. LP tank with an LP hook-up for grilling or an outside fire pit. I just can not brag on this coach enough. We even installed an in-motion satellite dish on our coach so we could watch TV with ease if we wanted. To add, their customer service goes above and beyond. Look out Tiffin! Looks like Thor may be creeping up. But hey! Life's too short, it's a vapor in time, so turn off the TV's and enjoy the beautiful country. Check out the Thor products. Thank you Thor for thinking of the customer/RV'er!
- Donald Payne, Florida

2020-01-03 2017 Jayco Alante 26X View Listings

Perfect size for a couple to travel Also grand kids come along and use The bunk above the cab as well as dinette and sofa we travel with a towed car and it's works great the coach is like new inside and out all the conveniences of a large coach without the expense it's been wonderful
- wgtemplin, Florida

2020-01-02 2019 Fleetwood Flair 28A View Listings

So I bought my Fleetwood brand new 2019 it had 1000 miles on it I was only owner. So I don’t know if this has anything to do with the Fleetwood RV manufacturer but the Ford 450 that it sitting on has gave me issues straight out from leaving the dealer first of all the windshield wiper motor completely went out so I had to come back turn it in to two weeks to fix went back to get it which is 200 miles away and then drove off the lot it rained again And then they blew again. A few months went by another rain storm and then it blew again now the dealer is giving me a hard time and I’ll get it fixed and this could be a dangerous situation if anybody out there has had that same issue please let me know. Thank you
- Terry Killebrew, Florida

2020-01-01 2005 Holiday Rambler Admiral SE 30PDD View Listings

We love our Admiral SE. I thought I wanted a diesel but after owning a workhorse with the big Chevy/ Alison combination, I will stay with the gas. RV’s typically don’t get high mileage so diesel longevity isn’t much of a factor. The 8.1 chev has a ton of torque and pulls our trailered Jeep with no problem. We live in the northwest and pull the mountain grades easily. It does use a lot of gas but the price of gas is much less than diesel. The quality of the older Holiday Ramblers is very good. Our 30’ Admiral is very adequate and comfortable, especially for a retired couple that want to travel and it fits into most campgrounds.The design, layout and amenities are well suited for this coach. It is designed for 30amp usage and the utilities are more than adequate for comfort. The chassis needs one improvement. The rear leaf springs are very long which allows the rear suspension to flex or push in a curve. A trac bar mounts to the rear end and to the frame which stops the flex. It’s about a $500 investment and improves the drivability, especially when towing. Another nice thing about this coach is the roof. It isn’t a rubber roof so it doesn’t require as much maintenance, and isn’t prone to leak.
- Augie Bergman, Oregon

2019-12-30 2017 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 29.3 View Listings

A very good RV overall. The large slide out gives you amazing room for the full timer and the weekend warrior as well. I love the multi sleeping arrangements with 4 beds. The outside kitchen with the BBQ Propane outlet lets you be with your guest outside. The outside sink is a bit small but useful. drivability is great and being as small as it is, the parking is amazing. If your looking for an turnkey vehicle with all the extras, the 29.3 is the vehicle for you.
- donald, Michigan

2019-12-18 2015 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 27.1 View Listings

The RV has been fantastic. My wife and I have decided to buy another Thor RV, only this one will have a Diesel engine and a washer dryer in the RV. In a year when I retire it is our desire to travel the United States and we feel that we will get a little bit more with the Diesel engine. We started looking at new RV’s and we decided on another Thor branded RV. We both like the layout and the size and feel that this will be a perfect RV for anyone that wants to travel around the western states or the southern states.The engine has plenty of get up and go and the gas mileage is not bad.With the slide out pushed out and the king size bed there is plenty of room. The RV has 3 tv’s, a gas cook top stove and a gas oven. There is also a microwave, a large shower and plenty of closet space for storage. The back up camera and two side cameras make it very easy to maneuver. The electric awning makes it extremely comfortable when parked. The outside storage is plenty and the outside speaker system is great. It has two new Michelin tires on the front wheels and the back four have plenty of tread left and are in good shape according to the dealer. It has been stored in a covered facility since it was new. It also has full body paint vs the decals which can peel over time. It has been a wonderful RV for us.
- Greg Yount, California

2019-12-16 2019 Thor Motor Coach Axis 25.6 View Listings

We have owned this unit since June 2019. It was a “leftover” 2019 and, as such, had been on the dealers lot and at shows for the better part of a year. Consequently it had some cosmetic issues that needed to be dealt with under warranty. The only mechanical issues that needed attention were an alignment and loose steering issue along with a leaky tankless water heater. Overall I give this coach a B+. We love the roominess provided by the wall slide. The fact that it affords class a accommodations, like the driver and passenger seats becoming part of the living area, is a huge plus. The overall length of 26.5’ is fantastic for maneuvering in parking lots and getting in to smaller RV spaces easily. I will add that we also own an Airstream Limited, which is why we bought a Thor product. I find that the V10 gets about 11-12 mpg, which is as expected.
- Allan Herauf, Oregon

2019-12-16 2003 Jayco Firenza 36B View Listings

First thing, the coach I bought doesn't even exist in the drop down, bad indication. It is not a Firenza but an Avatar. I bought this 2003 Jayco Avatar used in 2018. Great coach. First thing to fail was the Battery control center. There is no manfacturer or part number indicated on the thing. So I call the company asking for their help. They couldn't find the part, so they ask me to send pictures of the part to parts@jayco.com. In the e-mail I ask them for a part reference or the original manufacturer of the part. They send back a response indicating that this unit is discontinued and no parts available. I return a response asking for their help in finding the original manufacturer of the part. They respond by saying "we don't know". Talk about poor service. Don't ever buy a driveable RV from these guys! My previous coach was a 1991 Monaco Dynasty. I can call and get help or parts whenever I want. These guys literally suck. They don't care for their customers which is a very bad sign! Stay away!
- Yves, Quebec

2019-12-16 2014 Thor Motor Coach Hurricane 34F View Listings

Slide has issues all the time, sent pictures to service Department . Seats are peeling , quality of products for the price of the unit is Horrible and a rip off. I can’t give this thing away and I owe $74,000 from the $104,000 I got taken for !!! Bad bad customer service they pass the buck anytime you ask about something it’s not their problem ! You sold it you had the products put into it , it should be YOUR problem not ours !! NEVER AGAIN AND I WILL PASS IT ALONG TO OUR RV FAMILIES!
- Margaret McGorty , North Carolina

2019-12-15 2007 CT Coachworks Siena 39A View Listings

This rv have all what you need, plus this hold the value.
- Carlos , Florida

2019-12-14 2019 Winnebago Adventurer 35F View Listings

This is our second Winnebago Class A and we are very satisfied. Has all the options we wanted and the coach is beautiful. The floor plan is perfect for us and it is very livable. We like the bath and a half as well as other features such as residential size refrigerator, 2000 watt inverter, nd full body paint. This coach is very firm and stable on the road. I really like the 22.5 inch wheels and wide wheel base. A huge difference in driving over the 19.9 inch wheels of our previous motorhomes with shorter wheelbase. This is an important issue to consider in the quality of the ride. I gave a 5 star on overall quality because Winnebago does it better that other brands, but I must say that none of these rigs, no matter how much you spend or what brand you buy, has high quality throughout. Workmanship is not what it used to be. I would recommend this motorhome based on my experiences. We have only put a few thousand miles on it but so far, everything has worked as promised and no issues to report.
- Bob, Ohio