Class A - Gas

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Class A - Gas RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

James R. Rohan from New York says:

Read More (1959 reviews)

Voted Most Helpful Review 2015 Thor Motor Coach Axis 24.1 View Listings

I have been in camping with RV's for more than 50 years and currently have a 5th wheel and this Axis unit, so I do have some experience with RV's. I purchased this unit in September 2014 and to date have not been able to utilize this unit as designed. I have and currently have so many things go wrong or are wrong that I could not recommend not only this unit but any unit manufactured by Thor. I have not gotten what might be considered help from Thor to correct issues. The latest issues are once again with the awning and since having leaking windows is causing de-lamination of a inside wall. I have filed under NY's lemon law to have the unit returned and get all monies that I have spent returned. I cannot and will not recommend this unit or any other unit manufactured by Thor.
- James R. Rohan, New York

2021-06-13 2019 Thor Motor Coach Freedom Traveler A30 View Listings

This has been a good unit much better than the ACE that we had before. A few minor issues with door and drawers but all were taken care of by warranty and was not in the shop that long. Triton motor has plenty of power. A good unit that you can get into for a reasonable price point.
- Charles Clark, Tennessee

2021-06-11 2014 Forest River FR3 30DS View Listings

24.7 foot RV on Mercedes Benz chassis. 27,000 miles, perfect shape. Upgraded levelers, mostly in storage but drove it to Illinois 3 times. Runs on diesel and get in the 20s or better. 2 slides, bedroom slides out the back and another slide out makes the living room wider. 5 speed forward gears takes you over mountains with ease while towing. Tow vehicle is a 2017 6 speed manual shift honda civic imported from the UK. Tow vehicle not included but will add on for $19,000. 89,000 for RV.This vehicle is close to showroom perfection. Blue Ox tow bar included. Car breaking system extra.
- James Maruska, California

2021-06-10 2015 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 30.1 View Listings

My wife and I purchased our Thor ACE new in 2015 for a family trip to Canada. Had an amazing trip, motor ran great, no issues. So far we have 25k miles on it and look forward to many more. Added the 5 Star engine Tune Kit, made a huge difference on performance and milage and much easier for towing.
- Michael Gibbert, Nevada

2021-06-09 2020 Coachmen Pursuit Precision 27XPS View Listings

Have had huge a/c problems. Replaced both rooftop units in first 6 months one of them twice. Still having trouble with both units. Have had other issues with door and drop down bed. Dealership and Coachman service response times are terrible. Good Luck if you buy an R.V. from this company.
- Lawrence L. Rhodes, Texas

2021-06-08 2018 Jayco Alante 31V View Listings

UPDATE ON MY 9-19-2019 REVIEW...... It is now June 2021 and nothing has changed. I have not been able to get any of the items repaired and to make it worse since my last report the generator broke and the stairs don't work. RV One in Orlando won't even return my phone calls. So i have now owned this piece of Jayco junk for over two years and have a total of 5500 miles on it. Too make matters worse I cannot even convince any other dealers to take it in trade because they are aware of how bad it is. Even at a loss. i would do anything to get rid of this RV. No help from Jayco. If you read this review and buy a Jayco then you are a fool. Dont ever buy a Jayco or buy any rv from any of the RV One dealerships.
- Robert Fredette, Florida

2021-06-08 2019 Thor Motor Coach Miramar 35.2 View Listings

Junk, will never buy or recommend Thor to anyone . Could not get help from General RV or Thor for help after putting thousands of dollars in repairs ready to get rid of the junk. Was going to retire and travel this year but not looking good.Anyone want to buy 2019 Thor junk for 135,000.00 let me know.
- Rick Webster, Michigan

2021-06-07 2020 Jayco Alante 26X View Listings

Have owned it 1 month. Ready to trade in. Not enough space to move around the bed. Cannot reach the head of the bed to make it without actually laying on the bed. Cabinets are so high I have to constantly move a stool to reach. (I am 5’2”). Large window over the dinette should be same size as smaller window over recliners to allow for 2 additional cabinets over the dinette. Shower head is on wrong side of shower. Should be on the opposite side for easier access to shower. Shower handles are too low. Step up into shower is too high. Medicine cabinet is too high to see my entire face in mirror. Only 1 AC does not cool the RV in 90 degree heat. Prefer day/night shades to the pull down type in this unit. Due to the lower floor (making the interior ceiling too high) the outside storage cabinets are too small. We like the countertops
- Mayberry Tamara, Florida

2021-06-06 2018 Thor Motor Coach Miramar 35.3 View Listings

We love the floor plan and the beautiful decor. We have had problems with the flooring. The glue that was used to install the linoleum is defective. It looks like there is water damage but there is not. We spent $5000 to try and improve the handling. White knuckle! The eng noise is terrible going down and uphill. There are other issues but these are the worst ones.
- Deborah Akins, Nevada

2021-06-05 2000 Fleetwood Southwind 34N View Listings

It was great. Easy to post. Download pictures. Well put together website for both selling and searching. I like the way to put in the filters to search. Almost no like motorhomes in the 5th wheel section.
- Paul Watters, Colorado

2021-06-05 2008 Damon Challenger 377 View Listings

My wife and I lived in the RV full-time for my last two years in the Army. For two people, it is plenty of space, particularly with the included 21'x8' screen room attachment that goes under the large awning. Also, living at an RV Park you have the outside activities that help add to the enjoyment of RV living. We never went "boondocking", but the Onan 550 generator would provide sufficient power for all necessary appliances and HVAC. The RV gives a smooth ride, similar to a car, including at highway speeds 75 mph , even with a trailer. Just don't forget to take your turns, w-i-d-e! Overall, this RV served it's purpose for us. We're now retired and plan to spend the next couple years building a business, so RV travel is on hold for a while. If you're familiar with RV's, campers, etc., you know not to leave them idle for too long otherwise the gremlins move in... This is why we're selling. I hope you come by to see it and if you decide to purchase it, that you enjoy it for a very long time.
- John Doehler, South Carolina

2021-05-27 2017 Thor Motor Coach Windsport 29M View Listings

Couch drives really well, smooth and comfortable ride. Floor plan is very spacious and plenty of storage. Outdoor Kitchen area and fridge are really a good plus. Have had it for three years and this is my second RV, so I have to admit I have been pleased. First trip out, I did have two issues that had to be fixed. The motor on the step needed to be replaced, and the slide got stuck out due to the gear being installed slight askew. After fixing the slide issue, it has been trouble free for three year. I wish the decals were better quality, but maybe that is what you get at this price point. The service at the local RV dealer has been TERRIBLE, but calling Thor they have been great and resolved my issue with the motor and slide promptly. If you have reasonable expectations at this price point, its a real nice RV.
- Joseph Ochoa, Florida

2021-05-27 2018 Fleetwood Southwind 37H View Listings

POLAR COLOR LOOKS GREAT, GREAT LAYOUT, EXTENDED OUT FEELS LIKE A HOME, DRIVES VERY NICE AT HIGHER SPEEDS, HAS THE LITTLE THINGS THAT REALLY COUNT, PRICING SEEMS TO BE FAIR COMPARED TO OTHER MANUFACTURES. YOU WON'T BE DISSIPOINTED
- JJ Griffin, California

2021-05-25 2021 Fleetwood Flair 29A View Listings

Purchased 01/15/2021. Today is 5/25/2021. Nice RV when able to use. Currently has 5,700 miles on it. After our 1st trip ended up at Ford dealer the 1st time due to engine light. Ended up being something to do with the fuel system and it was replaced. Went on 2nd trip and then we couldn't fill up the tank past 1/2 way. Once back home disconnected the batteries and then that resolved. After that, once the engine got hot and the vehicle was idling, the engine shut off. Would not restart for days. Now at Ford dealer again for repair. They think it's the fuse box getting overheated and then causing the fuel pump to not respond. We will see once parts are replaced. On top of that, there is a recall on the differential. Really bad experience so far.
- Lincoln Pitcher, Florida

2021-05-24 1996 Winnebago Adventurer 34RQ View Listings

My family had a lot of fun times in this RV, we used it to go camping, fishing and boating. It was great for family road trips. It has plenty of room and we were all comfortable while on the road and once we reached our destination. We mainly used it for tailgating at the Bronco games, which was perfect for the amount of people we would have.
- Chadwick Heinley, Colorado

2021-05-24 2015 Fleetwood Bounder 33C View Listings

Yes to everything except RVTrailer.com sux in customer service in trying to call them and forced to call when manufacturer of rv and model needed attention I will let the ad run but go elsewhere if our rv does not sell. It sure should….very nice and at least 10k below what it should be. Here I’m forced to write 200 characters so I might as well tell all of the truth!
- Mickey mouse, California

2021-05-24 2006 Damon Daybreak 3274F View Listings

This RV is very easy to drive, even towing a Jeep behind us. The powerful Ford V-10 engine makes is feel like you're not even towing anything. It is easy to set up at the campsite and quite comfortable to live in. The queen bed is even more comfortable than our bed at home. Very easy to maintain 65-70 mph.
- Larry Reynolds, Texas

2021-05-22 2005 National RV Dolphin LX 5342 View Listings

Owned two of them one with only one slide.Alot of room Very solid with real wood and the best options Best buy on the market for an older Motorhome. Great for towing and lots of storage with the workhorse chassis.
- bruce Cox, Utah

2021-05-21 2016 Winnebago Sightseer 36Z View Listings

Have owned this unit since 2016 new. We searched for several years prior to the purchase and have been very pleased with our decision. Never had any issues. Love the floor plan. Traveled out west twice and once up the east coast to Maine all the while pulling a 2016 GMC Terrain. Again never had an issue.
- EJ Caddell, Florida

2021-05-20 2012 Coachmen Encounter 36BH View Listings

I have owned this unit since June 2016 and it has been remarkably trouble-free thus far. I tow a 22' boat (5000 lbs) extensively and it has handled that like a champ, I probably wouldn't want to drag that through the mountains, but on the relatively flat terrain in my area it has been great, even launching/retrieving goes smoothly with some pre-planning. Love the quality upgrade elements on this coach like Corian counters, porcelain tile throughout, and solid wood doors and cabinets. Mine was previously a rental so very high miles, but the Ford chassis has been bulletproof thus far. Great unit!
- Dave Marshall, Ontario

2021-05-17 2004 Fleetwood Bounder 35E View Listings

We bought a used bounder, which was beautiful, but we did not like the tired, boring, typical interior. We remodeled it with new flooring, painted all the cabinets, put self stick tiles on the walls and that RV looks like a dream! The counter space thats in this model is better than any RV of any class that we looked at! We absolutely love this floor plan! It is perfect for two people to live in. We bought it used, as is with no warranty, so we gave three stars as we had to give some rating rating for that category.
- Melinda Berger, Ohio

2021-05-16 2012 Tiffin Allegro Open Road 35QBA View Listings

I chose this Tiffin 35QBA mainly because of the Tiffin name, I have met Mr. Tiffin several times and have experienced his warranty promise and his word first hand as a total gentleman. We have enjoyed the bunk feature and 4 slides. No issues, great experience, just A great product.
- James R Regan, Massachusetts

2021-05-16 2014 Itasca Sunstar 27N View Listings

When I did my first long road trip I found the motorhome a little unsure. I immediately installed a safety plus steering stabilizer at the factory in GA it made a very big difference in the sway. I then took an 8000 mile journey and decided it needed more help with the sway and overall control. I had sumo springs installed front and rear it’s a whole different coach from sway to ride and handling, no more hanging on for dear life. The sunstar itself is very good for two or three people lots of room for a 28 foot home. I also tow a GMC Canyon with a Harley in the bed it tows just fine plenty of power with the 362 hp v-10 Triton.
- Neil, Florida

2021-05-13 2013 Winnebago Vista 30T View Listings

I traded up from a Thor ACE to the Winnebago because of quality. Because of my work locations I ended up living the Rig for about a year. I was extremely happy with the little things the Thor didn't have. First the padded interior roof. Plus the larger living area TV which I used a computer monitor at times. One big item the Winnebago has is a fiberglass roof not the rubber roof membrane. All in all the Winnebago served me well. All RVs need to be maintained, I had two large items, the AC unit was replaced, as well as the motorized step. Both were under warranty and not manufactured by Winnebago. If I were to purchase another RV it would be manufactured by Winnebago.
- ED, South Carolina

2021-05-12 2018 Coachmen Pursuit 29SSPF View Listings

Experience everything you need in a home on wheels! There is plenty of room for a family to travel anywhere and enjoy the comforts of your own home. Master bedroom,TV, full bathroom, full kitchen and living room, with a couch and 2 comfortable chairs and another TV. Enjoy the outside area with a big awning, kitchen, tv and grill! You will love to travel in style!! Come check out this beautiful RV!
- Pamela Weber, Wisconsin