Class A - Gas Reviews on RV Insider (1,648)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Class A - Gas RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

James R. Rohan from New York says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2015 Thor Motor Coach Axis 24.1 View Listings

I have been in camping with RV's for more than 50 years and currently have a 5th wheel and this Axis unit, so I do have some experience with RV's. I purchased this unit in September 2014 and to date have not been able to utilize this unit as designed. I have and currently have so many things go wrong or are wrong that I could not recommend not only this unit but any unit manufactured by Thor. I have not gotten what might be considered help from Thor to correct issues. The latest issues are once again with the awning and since having leaking windows is causing de-lamination of a inside wall. I have filed under NY's lemon law to have the unit returned and get all monies that I have spent returned. I cannot and will not recommend this unit or any other unit manufactured by Thor.
- James R. Rohan, New York

2020-06-27 2001 National RV Tropical 6332 View Listings

We traveled with our 2 grandchildren when we first bought our motor home, was gone 3 weeks. They got to choose where they wanted to go, first was Gettisburg,PA,while in the area went to Washington, DC, Hershey,PA and Atlantic Ocean. Over several years went West Over Rockies (handled great in the mountains), Redwoods, Grand Canyon. spent time in the Rockies went to Glacier National Park, very narrow an steep winding roads, Motor Home handled GREAT. Have traveled to most of U.S. Last several years went to Florida and parked for 3 months. No problem living in Motor Home bath room door hooks to dining area an makes the back pretty roomy, had TV an Computer on Vanity that was my resting place. Enjoyed our time but now age is catching up and time to sell.
- Dale Bloyd, Iowa

2020-06-27 2013 Itasca Sunstar 30T View Listings

This floor plan with opposing slides up front gives you so much space. We did change out the couch to theatre recliners for better relaxation and tv viewing. The split bath is nice and door placement allows for creation of a onsuite. Ample storage. Highly recommend this model for weekend or long term camping/living. It’s a breeze to pull in and set up in minutes.
- Deb, Iowa

2020-06-27 2014 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 27.1 View Listings

I purchased this RV used in 2014. It had about 8,000 miles on it and the price was right. We had a 34 foot and wanted to downsize with a king size bed and outside TV. This one has both. The quality seems poor because we have had several minor problems which has cost us since we had no factory warranty, however, when I contacted the factory they have been very helpful. I believe the overall quality is poor but I don't know if my problems stem form the first owner or if it a lemon. I have made several repairs which have improved my trust in this motor home. I will be happy to detail repairs if asked.
- George Berthon, Alabama

2020-06-25 2016 Jayco Precept 31UL View Listings

I purchased a 2017 Jayco Jay flight in 2017. While washing this RV a fire started in the proximity of the power supply. I’ve washed and owned RV’s for many years. Careful not to directly allow water in any roof vent. No more than would be possible in any rain. But, this fairy new 26’ pull behind burned to the ground in approximately 10 minutes. And, I cancelled the insurance because it was Locked in a privacy fence on a concrete pad. Yep, all loss was on me. Of course Jayco says no other fire reports have been noted. Buyer Beware!! Trailer poorly made. No more Jayco for me!!
- Robert Mashburn , Georgia

2020-06-24 2020 Fleetwood Bounder 33C View Listings

This is the worst excuse for a customer service I have ever experienced..... I am done with Fleetwood and American eagle ,,,, SEE YA,,, lol BS Company This is the worst excuse for a customer service I have ever experienced..... I am done with Fleetwood and American eagle ,,,, SEE YA,,, lol BS Company This is the worst excuse for a customer service I have ever experienced..... I am done with Fleetwood and American eagle ,,,, SEE YA,,, lol BS Company
- mlpfarm, Texas

2020-06-24 2016 Fleetwood Bounder 36H View Listings

We have loved our 2016 Fleetwood Bounder as a starter class A driver....We upgraded from a 5th wheel. The Bounder has been very reliable. We have taken several trips over 5 days and enjoyed the comfort. It sleeps 6-8 people easily and has lots and lots of storage.... We use our Bounder as a duck camp in the winter and a fishing camp in the summer....We also use it for football tailgating and Mardi Gras parades.....We have loved our Bounder
- P. J. Demarie III, Louisiana

2020-06-23 2019 Winnebago Vista 29VE View Listings

Purchased the Vista new have had nothing but problems it leaks when it rains refrigerator will not switch to propane drivers seat swivel keeps breaking keeps poping breakers so no power to outlets entry door does not close properly now a new door has been ordered, this motorhome has been in the shop more than I have been able to use it and I am fed up next move get attorney and file under lemon law, now the transmission is leaking what a nightmare
- Joe Silva, California

2020-06-22 2013 Winnebago Vista 26HE View Listings

This was my first RV, and I love this thing! I am 5’2”, and as a small woman, I had no trouble handling this road warrior. Easy to handle on the highways and on the back roads. Plenty of room, I love to separate shower stall. Wonderful kitchen.
- Sharon, Pennsylvania

2020-06-22 2020 Thor Motor Coach Vegas 24.1 View Listings

This is our first delve into the RV world. We all know that no matter what you buy, you're going to have issues...period. We setup camp in Naples last Friday evening, and while extracting the awning, it jammed. Can't drive with an extended awning, so we called CoachNet, a service we paid for, and they promptly told us that they don't kick in until after the 1st year. This was not explained to us at General RV, but that will be another review. What was nice, is that when I called Thor. Sean, thankfully answered, and told us that being a weekend, we should ask the RV resort for a local RV tech, and once fixed, send him the invoice for reimbursement. He gave me a reference number, and was very polite and professional. The local guy came out and we fixed the awning. Thank you Sean, and thank you Thor for backing your product. It turned out to be a great weekend after all!
- Tony Lapera, Florida

2020-06-22 2006 Winnebago Adventurer 38J View Listings

We spent many years in our Winnie and had very minor problems. We did have to get several windows defogged but that was about it. I did the driving and it was very easy to handle and maneuver. Loved the interior and exterior. A beautiful RV.
- Jan Kottyan, Ohio

2020-06-22 2017 Thor Motor Coach Outlaw 37RB View Listings

We purchased our 2017 in April 2020. Our first trip was to Minnesota with out Harley Utra loaded in. When we arrived, while backing the bike out onto the ramp the center of the ramp collapsed causing the rear bike wheel to fall through. The ramp is not structurally sound or designed with supports. Stryofoam and thin plywood only. So far Thor isn't standing behind anything. Seriously disappointed and wouldn't recommend this coach to anyone.
- Kurt Kuhlers, Florida

2020-06-22 2002 Winnebago Adventurer 32V View Listings

Winnebago’s Adventurer is a mobile home designed and engineered for long term family vacations from Forrest to mountains to deserts. It combines versatility with high end finishes. I’ve owned mine for 18 years and have had minimal problems-all of which were fixable in short order. The V-10 Ford is a solid tow vehicle with an engine that does not overheat on steep grades towing boat or trailer. Sleeps 5 comfortably. Restroom functional and comfortable. 3 burner stove and oven complemented by convection oven. Kitchen well laid out with expandable corrian counter space & water filter. Winnebago builds the best RV for the price- which is why the resale market has limited inventory and strong pricing. Winnebagos travel club is a cast of characters.
- Jeff Sparks , California

2020-06-21 2017 Forest River Georgetown 30X3 View Listings

Follow up to original review. Quality continues to be a problem. Slide out wiring harness has a flexible shell. It is now going in for a 3rd replacement. Slide in/out 10 times before it happens again. What a POS. Never will Forest River earn my business again. They get you dazzled with the floor plan and it's all downhill from there.
- Ronald Hicks, Florida

2020-06-19 2001 Fleetwood Bounder 31W View Listings

The 31W Fleetwood Bounder has been very reliable in traveling as well as comfortable to live in. Would like to upgrade the rear camera to a full color camera. Under cargo storage could be improved with “pass thru” storage. Also the manual awning mechanism needs improvement to open and close raiser
- Bill Bowler, Colorado

2020-06-19 1995 Winnebago Adventurer 34RQ View Listings

Just bought a 1995 Winnebago adventurer has 50,000 miles it has the 454 chevy engine, got it home and it won't start, will crank. replaced plugs points, MCU, map sensor, ignition coil, fuel filter. has anybody had this problem? if so what did you do to correct it?
- Dennis Fuller, Georgia

2020-06-17 2019 Forest River Georgetown 5 Series GT5 36B5 View Listings

This is our first Motorhome. We chose the Georgetown for its floorplan. Two Full Bathrooms, a bunk we converted to office space and a full kitchen area. At 38' fully loaded it handles well. Awesome, spacious, and full time, worthy.
- Michael Scot Boice, Virginia

2020-06-17 2018 Winnebago Sunstar 27PE View Listings

We moved from a small Forest River C into this small Winnebago A last year. We couldn't be happier with our choice. This RV has a great floor plan, with a couch facing the dinette; the very comfortable cabin chairs turn to complete the living area. For sleeping, there's the huge king-sized bed or the Euroloft drop down bed. The dinette and couch also turn into beds for a total of 7 sleeping spots. The bathroom features a large shower and plenty of storage, including a corner medicine cabinet, a vanity, and a bonus drawer in the side wall. For entertainment, there's a TV over the dinette, a tv in the bedroom, and an exterior TV for watching under the awning. For meals, there is a large fridge, an oven and a microwave. Storage is a huge strength for this RV. The class A means a lot of basement storage. The interior matches that generosity of space by including storage in drawers under the bed, a closet with two drawers below in the bedroom, and cabinets overhead all along the ceiling. The difference in quality between a Winnebago and the others is pretty obvious. In the year we've had it, we've been very pleased at the lack of little annoying issues. If I were in charge of designing these RV's, I would add more counter space and widen the pantry cabinets. I also wonder why we have to plug into the generator when we need to use it. But those complaints pale when compared to the impressive quality and the wonderful floorplan.
- Kirsten Zelenky , Arizona

2020-06-16 2017 Newmar Bay Star 3333 View Listings

Nice layout but interior products are not in line with cost. I will buy a Tiffin next time. Main problem us with electric awnings, all cabinet latches, and leather is peeling off seating. Also the frame was welded over the oil drain in the generator which prevented servicing without cutting brace. Can live with everything but the fake leather peeling off. Newmar should just put in cloth seats.
- James, Georgia

2020-06-16 2006 Tiffin Allegro Bay 37DB View Listings

Owned this MH over 4 yrs. Runs and drives better than previous Tiffin MH owned, 6 Tiffin MH over all. Love floor plan, good for longer stays, but not to large, like 40 ft bus we had prior. Better quality than other MH in price range. Tiffin does lots little extras on this 2006 Allegro Bay,like corian counters, roof satellite, inverter, power sun shades, much more, not options at additional cost, but standard. The main reason bought this Allegro Bay for floor plan, and know best customer service by Tiffin. Tiffin service department are industry's best walking you through any situation on your MH regardless of age. Just wish newer Tiffins build as well as older ones were. I bought new Tiffin in 95 and 99 Tiffin. Minimum things needed corrected then.
- Dennis Barton, Alabama

2020-06-16 2014 Thor Motor Coach Hurricane 34E View Listings

I really enjoyed my motorhome when either driving or in a park. It was roomy,comfortable,and fun. We got a lot of compliments and was told it was a dependable coach. the parks we went to were very glad to have a coach of our quality. Service was always readily available and reasonable.
- john c., Wyoming

2020-06-15 2016 Coachmen Pursuit 33BH View Listings

We have had this RV for 3 years and have taken it from NY to CA. and have had a GREAT TIME! The coach performs as it has promised. This RV is priced right for what we wanted and for how we use it. Floor plan could not be better for our family and how we RV. Ford V10 has been great but is a little short of power for this BIG of a coach and towing. Have not had any major issues! Amen..!! We had the rear slide motor go out but was covered and replaced. Just like everything you own/buy there is wear and tear items to keep up with. We look forward in keeping this coach for a few more years until we decid to upgrade.
- James Hughes, Texas

2020-06-13 2018 Newmar Bay Star 3401 View Listings

My husband and I have been RVing for the past 25 years. We started with a very old 5th wheel and worked out way up through 5 different RV’s before purchasing our beautiful new Newmar Bay Star motorhome. Due to family health issues, we have not had a chance to enjoy our RV as we had hoped which is the reason we are selling. When we did travel we loved the fully automated set up, everything is just a push of a button. We feel right at home with our king size bed and private bedroom. Having entertainment centers (TV) in 4 different locations allows for large game parties or private watching different programs in separate rooms or outside under the awning. The windows throughout the coach are very large allowing plenty of light with an extra large portrait window in the back. We can also darken the coach completely with blackout shades. The fireplace helps create a cozy atmosphere while warming the coach on cold days. The large refrigerator provides plenty of space for a foodie and cook like me. There is plenty of storage throughout the coach both inside and out. The large microwave doubles as a confection oven which bakes bread, muffins and casseroles in record time. The leather furniture is both durable and comfortable with captains chairs that can turn around to face the living area. The couch makes into a bunk bed and the dinette another bed allowing sleeping for 6 comfortably. I love the different types of lighting throughout the coach with reading lights, romantic dimming accent lights and of course bright overhead lights. We occasionally worked while camping and found plenty of electrical outlets and a WIFI booster that helped us stay wired. The bathroom also has plenty of storage and is large enough to move around in easily. The shower has glass doors and is also quite large. I have plenty of room for all my beauty necessities and lighting to help with me with makeup, hair and basic personal hygiene. My husband is the driver in the family and finds this RV easier to maneuver than any of our previous pull behinds and 5th wheels. We purchased a Chevy Equinox as our ‘dingy’ and unless you look at the camera, it is hard to tell you are towing. The turn signals trigger cameras that provide a clear view of the turn lane and the back camera keeps an eye on the dingy and traffic behind. Parking has always been a ‘fun’ time in our family with me directing and my husband trying to follow my lead. With the back up camera on this RV, we are much happier campers while parking. Newmar makes a superb product with even the seemingly insignificant details included. If we find ourselves fortunate enough to own another RV, it will undoubtedly be a Newmar!
- Deborah Gilkey, Georgia

2020-06-11 2012 Thor Motor Coach Hurricane 31J View Listings

Thor hurricane is the worst manufacturing company who rip off the customers without any remorse! They just want to sell their junk to the poor, unsuspecting customers and be done! No after service what so ever! The customers are stuck with it! Third should go out of business! We bought it because it looks nice enough, appearance wise, but once you take it out, then everything starts to break down! AC, jacks, steps, slides, sofa airbed, dinette table, seats flaked off-looks awful and makes a huge mess all over the place-have to replace all! Repair cost is equal to buying whole new rv! Weak House battery-can't support all the electrical features in the rig! So sad that we bought this money guzzler to live the dream of rving all over the country, but now it's just a big burden that takes up a lot of space in the drive way! I think we should file a class action suit against Thor to prevent anymore future victims!!!
- Nancy song, California

2020-06-10 1999 National RV Tropical 6350 View Listings

Great RV to travel in, very comfortably and livable. Even though it is 20 yrs old seem to be well built, no rattles like most motorhomes we have had. Fun coach to have guest over and enjoy a few drinks as the bar can accommodate all your favorite beverages. If looking for a couch not to expensive this is the way to go, won’t break your pocket book but still great way to travel in style.
- Pat, Oregon