Class A Reviews on RV Insider (3,764)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Class A RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

James R. Rohan from New York says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2015 Thor Motor Coach Axis 24.1 View Listings

I have been in camping with RV's for more than 50 years and currently have a 5th wheel and this Axis unit, so I do have some experience with RV's. I purchased this unit in September 2014 and to date have not been able to utilize this unit as designed. I have and currently have so many things go wrong or are wrong that I could not recommend not only this unit but any unit manufactured by Thor. I have not gotten what might be considered help from Thor to correct issues. The latest issues are once again with the awning and since having leaking windows is causing de-lamination of a inside wall. I have filed under NY's lemon law to have the unit returned and get all monies that I have spent returned. I cannot and will not recommend this unit or any other unit manufactured by Thor.
- James R. Rohan, New York

2021-04-06 2011 Tiffin Allegro Bus 40QXP View Listings

2011 Tiffin Allegro Bus 40QXP, 4 Slides, 21,000 miles, Spartan Chassis, Onan 10kw generator, solar panels, inverter, Aqua Hot, Dish Washer, Residential Refrigerator, KING BED W/ sleep numbers mattress , Stackable Washer
- Nicolle T, Massachusetts

2021-04-05 2009 Holiday Rambler Imperial Nantucket IV 45 Tag-Axel View Listings

A Top of the line Motor coach, with an abundance of luxuries one expects at this price point. Its all about the Journey ....From Driving the Interstates with plenty of power to pull the hills without slowing down as you glide along with airbag suspension smoothing the rough spots for you. When you reach your stopping point or destination sit back and relax, knowing you have not sacrificed one singe thing that makes a house a home. Truly... a home away from home.
- Rob Thompson, Tennessee

2021-04-05 2014 Newmar Canyon Star 3911 View Listings

This review is for RV Insider itself. The r. Aboce is disguised.. Horrible service as I have contacted them 7 times for help on a review, crickets, no reply. I have retaliation for a review I made and want rv insider to help me remove or edit and they refuse to help.
- Jack, Washington

2021-04-04 2018 Fleetwood Storm 32A View Listings

Bought our 32A new. Atwood tankless water heater junk, got Fleetwood to replace it with Truma Aqua Tankless no cost. Added washer/dryer combo and satellite. Replaced L-couch with dual studio recliners. Plenty of storage for all our needs Sumo shocks all 4 and Safe T steering stabilizer, snap pads on the levelers. Built in Hughes surge protector. Taken multiple trips over 3 years a couple of 7-8 weeks. Towing a CR-V to the northwest parks handled grades well. Overall very happy with ride and performance and once water heater replaced we consider it a equal to many other higher priced gassers of equal length. Never had any trouble on the road, been very reliable.
- Ken Robinson, Florida

2021-04-03 2011 Itasca Reyo 25T View Listings

I’ve owned this RV for 3 years and I think it’s growing on me. It isn’t the ultimate RV but overall it fits the bill. Fiberglass roof, custom door (s). Tows well but cuts consumption to 12-13mpg when towing 2dr Wrangler. Discovered a 1/2” piece of clear plastic hose under the macerater pump switch holds it in the on position so I can stand up and wait while the grey tank empty’s,just don’t let it run dry. Built a vertical bicycle rack for 2 that bolts on to the trailer hitch, works great. In my opinion I believe the Reyo is built above average in the RV world.
- Steve Mansfield, Indiana

2021-04-03 2016 Newmar Dutch Star 4369 View Listings

We will never buy Newmar again since we don't love service lounges. We full timed for 4 years in a 2016 Dutch Star. The first year we spent 2 months in service while living in it. By the end of the fourth year we spent almost 5 months in service because of over 120 repair items. Even though they offer tech support during limited hours during the week, good luck getting someone to call after hours, the service techs frequently gave bad advice and struggled to timely get us into service facilities under warranty. They became useless after warranty expired. Extended warranty by Cornerstone was a joke on us, always denied a claim, never should have bought it. Big stuff like: side radiator gear box went out twice, AC unit failed, needed a new one, 2 slides leaked (lack of sealant inside the slide from production) causing severe damage to cabinets, steering gearbox failed, full wall slide sagged requiring additional support and replacement of broken tiles, Oasis system 2 pumps failed, 3 full wall hydraulic pumps had to be replaced (slide cheeped out while driving, then new pump leaked after they replace wrong pump), furniture replaced because the fake leather cracked, 5 television sets mostly for unknown reasons, refrigerator failed, televator replaced, door step electric cover broke, door latch broke twice, Oasis fluid leaks, power steering fluid leaks, 2 leaks to the Freightliner air system (requiring them to cut out the diesel tank to get at the air reservoir), Winegard over the air and satellite antennas both replaced, 3 outside decorative trim pieces just fell off from lack of adequate silicone, silicone caulking around entire outside separated from the paint, diamond shield on front bubbled and separated (no we don't allow power washers to be used on the coach). But it was the small stuff from lack of quality at Newmar production and components that just accumulated that were the most annoying; like toilet electric switch failed, tiles cracked, inside trim separated from walls, wall paper came off, power reel replaced, cable to TV failed, bay door actuator failed, loose fuse box connection, dry climates the wood shrinks exposing unstained wood, wood stain wore off around door knobs, numerous drawer latches had to be replaced. As most RVers know, its the phone calls, troubleshooting, rerouting, scheduling, and fighting about what was warranty and how long it takes to fix something is the biggest headache. We did our part making sure we followed all the service requirements and self maintenance of the coach. For a Class A costing over $420,000 MSRP, this was our mistake for buying it, believing we were getting "Newmar quality" for the price. Selling it was one of the happiest days of our lives. If RV manufacturers profit/cost cutting measure is to increase production but to fix problems post production, then they should be offering 2-3 year full warranties for time to fix all the production and component failures. It was impossible to schedule enough service appointments in the first year to fix all the issues we encountered. Many Newmar service centers required at least 3-4 months to schedule and mobile repair can only do so much. The only positive regarding repairs was the Newmar service in Nappanee, Indiana. Have to schedule months in advance, but at least they have the parts and knowledge to repair quickly unlike most RV dealer service centers.
- Steve, Florida

2021-04-02 2019 Forest River Berkshire 39A View Listings

Berkshire 39A outpaces all their competitors in quality, reliability, luxury and safety. Owner of several Class A’s in the past the 39A has been a pleasure to own and would recommend this rig to anyone!
- Christopher French, Florida

2021-04-02 2017 Forest River Georgetown XL 364TS View Listings

Dependable, comfortable, enjoyable, and worth the money! Depending on what model you go with, you could select a beginner to advance models. I love mine and although I sold it through PopRVs (...and I highly recommend doing that) I would consider another in the future.
- Melissa, Michigan

2021-04-02 2020 Fleetwood Fortis 34MB View Listings

Love this RV. Floorplan, storage and features for a 34 are unmatched. Unit has a 242" wheelbase which gives it better highway stability. Storage tanks are of good size, allows us to boondock about a week. But its not all roses. Had problem with house batteries turning "OFF" randomly. Factory authorized replacement of relay board, but I dont trust my dealer service department. Discussed solution with factory tech. I installed a manual switch, problem solved. Rollershade behind couch would not go up. Took 10 months to get replacement. (dealer service department) Our salesman jumped in and got it done in 2 weeks. All in all, dont like our dealer service department, love our salesman and this RV. Got VERY GOOD factory and tech support from Fleetwood (REV). Yes, I would recommend this RV to a friend.
- Russell Brock, Florida

2021-04-01 2016 Monaco Dynasty 45P View Listings

My wife and I RV'd full time for two and a half years in this same model and visited all 48 states. Both of us shared driving and found it easy even in heavy city traffic. We particularly liked the chassis air bag system as it keeps the coach level and makes the ride enjoyable. The 600 horsepower engine made mountain driving like driving up hills. This is the same floor plan we had and it is very nice and roomy. Can't say enough about this model RV. We always got compliments on it everywhere we went.
- Jim Allen, Kentucky

2021-03-29 2020 Newmar Ventana 4369 View Listings

I like everything, but the light switches and the wife said that killed the deal.You need a magnifying glass just to read them.I really liked the color scheme inside and out.Large shower is just what we were looking for.
- Kenneth Dye, Illinois

2021-03-29 2020 Tiffin Allegro RED 33AA View Listings

An excellent coach to drive. Lots of power. Turns are very tight. Lots of floor space as well. TVs are everywhere. Craftsmanship and quality are excellent. Very well built. Parts fit, work and do not rattle. Went to red bay to get some follow up work done and the service there was unbelievable. Every place should treat customers like this. Any little issue I had they said no problem, we will fix it. They also gave us an extra 6 months on our warranty due to the Covid. We bought the RV in South Carolina and drove it back to Washington via red bay. I also needed a couple of parts replaced when I got back and they sent me the new parts, Tech helped me install them via phone. Nobody I know does this. Bottom line Is my RV is not stuck in some shop for days, weeks. Techs are also available to help with understanding how things work and operate. Love the induction stove and auqa hot system. No more propane to deal with.
- John korn, Washington

2021-03-29 2018 Thor Motor Coach Hurricane 29M View Listings

We bought our RV in November 2018. My husband was retiring June 2019. This was to be our retirement pleasure to see the country. Big Purchase. We have had many issues, and was in the shop a lot! However, I have to be honest, Thor was awesome, responding quickly with the many issues we experienced. I cried a lot, was just very disappointing. But zthor was their to help, every time. Mike Thompson Santa Fe Spring General Manager, always ready to help. Cares about his customers. Thor head person for customer service, was a wonderful person. He was right there every time. Just a phone call away. Always very pleasant. Made the problems with the RV, a little easier to deal with. Kudos! Mark and Brian 😎
- Judy, California

2021-03-28 2018 Thor Motor Coach Aria 3401 View Listings

Anyone who buys one of these pieces of shit hasn't done their homework. Over all quality is a one only because zero isn't an option.
- Ken Dietrich, Nevada

2021-03-28 2001 Fleetwood Bounder 34D View Listings

condition of tires . state inspecation? any roof leaks? condition of generator? are A C unites Ducked?is windshield cracked? carpet looks ruff. im interested if drive train checks out. Motor, Transmission, ect. millage is not bad for a 2001. what is the overall condition of the motor home from 1 to 10
- dlrutherford, Virginia

2021-03-27 2019 Holiday Rambler Admiral 28A View Listings

We bought new and right away needed a new shower stall (cracked), hood latch, which was replaced but later fell off,and the rear slide wouldn't go in all the way. They fixed before we picked it up. Took it on it's first trip and the slide again wouldn't go all the way in and the toilet leaked. We took in to get fixed, after several months at the shop we picked it up, took it out again. Toilet issues again and slide issues again and the outside door began to delaminate and one of the basement doors was defective and needed to be replace, and levelers were defective. Took to dealer and they had several months before we were able to pick up again. Now that it is off factory warranty as we were going to Texas. the heater core went out on us. Today,the new door just had its bracket come off (rivets came out), now we have holes in the door. Forgot to mention the toilet has been replaced again and the cable tv inverter needed to be replaced.
- Paul McBride, Wisconsin

2021-03-26 2017 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 40X View Listings

Has great power even when towing, has great luxury inside including dishwasher washer and separate dryer. The FireWire electronics is excellent and LED lights saves on the use of your batteries. It has many more amenities was a pleasure to drive and explore
- Danny, California

2021-03-26 2013 Winnebago Sightseer 33C View Listings

What a dream! This is our third Class A and we could not be more pleased. First livability, the floorplan is highlighted by the opposing slides which gives you a true living room feel. Wide, bright and cozy. The hidden TV on a true wood cabinet is a delight. The bed is comfortable, the bath is roomy, the double door frig is big enough, the galley has a chef in mind. The driving is GREAT! It is strong and safe. (we just drove 100 miles at speed limit through gusty winds without ever feeling afraid). Our bins are never full and we have all the "goodies" I could go on but space here prohibits the pleasures we have enjoyed in our coach. We were full time for about three months and truly I never missed living in a house!
- cactus5225, California

2021-03-26 2021 Tiffin Allegro 33AA View Listings

Owned this new motorhome for 4 months and had to trade it in. It was a hands full to try to keep it straight on the road with their PowerGlide chassis. Excessive end play in the steering gear and couldn't really convince Tiffin there was a problem even though they did agree to take it back to AL and see if there was a problem. Was continuously working on it for 4 months repairing drawers, microwave vent, frig latches, air horn (mounts and horn broken and held up with tie wraps) electric horn tied up with tie wrap, obvious interior trim missing, metal brace extended below frame (needed to be trimmed off), bad fresh water sensors, driver's seat misaligned, driver and passenger seat mounted too high, turn signal lever clicked off prematurely, headlights misaligned, shelves insufficiently braced, mud flap rubbing on tire, passenger seat mounted too close to the side, dash rattled, entry door squeaked when traveling down the road, entry door frame excessively scratched, wood trim at dash and other places scratched, debris inside concealed spaces, cheaply built entry step well cover, some closet panels not screwed into place (just loose), all wiring not properly fastened just a bunch of "rat's nests", poor undercoating and sealing, poor roof penetration sealing (just big globs of sealant), secondary microwave latch improperly installed keeping door from closing all the way, interior gas heater covers not properly installed, and numerous more (too many to remember). Had it in the shop 3 times, def heater problem, transmission, and front end alignment. Poor craftmanship all around. Bad experience which really took all the fun out of owning a motorhome. Trading it in for a Newmar.
- Glenn Weiblen, Texas

2021-03-26 2019 Forest River FR3 32DS View Listings

We love this RV for the floor plan, new memory foam king sized bed. Loads of space and storage. We added front and rear stabilizer and anti sway bars, which really helped drive ability. All RVs should come with them but they don’t. Only 3000 miles, like brand new.
- Robin Anderson, Ohio

2021-03-26 2004 Winnebago Vectra 40KD View Listings

This RV is in excellent condition and is loaded with to many extras to mention must see to appreciate. From the minute. Your step inside to all the compartmens all around the whole rv. This is difinetly a prize package on wheels.
- Byron, Iowa

2021-03-24 2012 Itasca Reyo 25T View Listings

Unless you want lots of problems, do not buy any RV with a Mercedes-Benz Sprinter chassis. The Winnebago-built "house" portion is good. Because of primarily the multiple problems of the Sprinter chassis and diesel engine, in the four years we have owned this RV we have spent over $20,000; two-thirds of which are directly related to the Sprinter. Sensors are big problem. Any repair or maintenance at a Mercedes-Benz dealer is very expensive. Unfortunately, there are few Sprinter mechanics and not even most Mercedes-Benz dealerships have one. At the four-year mark (April of 2021), we have decided to sell this floorplan we love because we can't take all the costs associated with the Sprinter.
- Ray Brown, Florida

2021-03-23 2016 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 27.1 View Listings

We traveled all over the US putting 14,000 miles on in less than a year! This was the perfect size for us as a retired couple. It was easy to drive and easy to park. Would fit in any of the National Park campgrounds. Love the king size bed, and having a door to the bedroom that you can close. We installed a motorcyle ramp on the back which worked out great. The ford V10 had plenty of power cruising through the Rockies! The only problems we had were a furnace sensor that went bad, that was easy for me to replace, and a slideout controller that needed to be replaced. The Thor customer service people were very helpfull and easy to talk to. Overall we really enjoyed traveling the country in our ACE 27.1!
- Michael Borga, New York

2021-03-22 2018 Fleetwood Storm 32A View Listings

We bought this model brand new in 2018. The Atwood on-demand water heater was a piece, and we got rid if it and replaced it with a Dometic Water Heater. Problem was solved. The rig is comfortable and it is perfect for my family and pups. We've used it to visit our kids in college, both competing schools. We've had a blast tailgating! There is ample room for cookers, lawn chairs, ice chests, food, SOLO Bonfire, Dutch ovens, flag poles, you name it, No problems with the plumbing, electric or slides. We filmed the RV Tech giving us a play by play of all of equipment at the time of purchase, and we saved them to a Dropbox Link for review on the road if needed. We've been to Universal Studios, Disneyland, St. Georges Island, and in general camping and boon-docking in 10 states. We've kept everything serviced, and we've stored it in a garage full time. There have been a few little things we've had to fix over the last 2 years, but nothing that required a tech or a service company. We've upgraded to 4K TV'S throughout, and added premium speakers. We've never towed a vehicle. All in all, this rig does exactly what we thought she should be capable of doing. It feels like home away from home when we're on the road.
- MJ, Oklahoma