Class A Reviews on RV Insider (3,492)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Class A RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

James R. Rohan from New York says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2015 Thor Motor Coach Axis 24.1 View Listings

I have been in camping with RV's for more than 50 years and currently have a 5th wheel and this Axis unit, so I do have some experience with RV's. I purchased this unit in September 2014 and to date have not been able to utilize this unit as designed. I have and currently have so many things go wrong or are wrong that I could not recommend not only this unit but any unit manufactured by Thor. I have not gotten what might be considered help from Thor to correct issues. The latest issues are once again with the awning and since having leaking windows is causing de-lamination of a inside wall. I have filed under NY's lemon law to have the unit returned and get all monies that I have spent returned. I cannot and will not recommend this unit or any other unit manufactured by Thor.
- James R. Rohan, New York

2020-09-25 2019 Thor Motor Coach Aria 3401 View Listings

We bought Aria 3401 used with 8500 miles, and have had great experiences ever since. We have put 9500 miles on it, and collectively close to 60 nights on the road. The original owner's file showed minor factory fixes when the unit was new. We love everything about our Aria, and get loads of compliments from our RV friends (many have luxury coaches). With a couple of issues, Thor phone support was able to talk me through them, they had a great attitude and are available 24/7. Regarding RV's in general...you wont find a model or manufacturer that avoids the negatives as posted here. RV's are complex and can come with manufacturing issues. Understandably, the worst experiences of a new owner always get posted on an online forum. *Key - Dealerships are independent; In general, the poor level of RV dealership service centers in the industry doesn't help, and manufacturers take the heat. Thor, Winnebago, Tiffen, etc.. are the manufacturer and are responsible for improving their build quality, but these manufacturers have no control over the repair schedules and lack of urgency that dealerships display. I think the majority of owner frustrations are amplified by the poor service from dealerships taking months to rectify issues on an exciting new toy that costs in excess of $200K.
- Robert Cleeland, California

2020-09-24 2018 Winnebago Intent 26M View Listings

How could I have been so stupid to purchase a new 2021 Winnebago Intent 29L before reading these reviews. But I looked online for six weeks and never saw these bad reviews. If I had, I would never have purchased. We bought because the interior and floor plan were exactly what we were looking for. Drove it home from the dealer and two things broke by the time we arrived home; about a 25 mile drive. RV has less than 2000 miles on it. Dealer never told us how often to have our RV serviced and the Winnebago website has nothing on it at all. Winnebago's website doesn't have current owner's manual information, some of their pages do not work and others haven't been updated since 2017!!! Really? I thought Winnebago was a reputable company. I figured wrong. Preparing to leave on our first big trip from California to Washington for two weeks. Praying nothing will go wrong.
- Ted Viveiros, California

2020-09-24 2007 Fleetwood Excursion 40E View Listings

The Fleetwood Excursion 40E is a great RV for living out of full time, travelling across the country or taking out for the weekend. A lot of room and very comfortable for all occupants. Winterized. Central vacuum and leather sofas make clean-up easy. The shower is spacious. A lot of storage space throughout. You can pack a lot into this RV, inside and out. Even has a pullout pantry for the kitchen. Full size refrigerator. One and a half baths is fantastic and a must for any family! Outdoor kitchen, grill and entertainment is very nice. Easily tows our large SUV.
- Jock Allen, Nevada

2020-09-23 2018 Entegra Coach Aspire 40P View Listings

Love her sad to let it go. But she has been a DREAM Easy to set up and very easy to drive even with a Toad. Very comfortable living and easy to clean. I feel in Love the first time I drove her. Everything inside is easy to use.
- Marlene Bowlsby, Nevada

2020-09-23 2018 Jayco Alante 26X View Listings

We love this coach! Have owned for 2.5 years and 9000 miles without any major issues. Significant improvement in handling then previous models that I owned. Jride is more than just a sales gimmick. I do wish that there was more storage available on the outside or that at least one of the compartments was deeper and higher. Also wish ladder for roof access as available And the awning was larger. Overall 9.5 out of 10
- Tim Noyes, Florida

2020-09-23 2018 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 27.2 View Listings

Small things the factory should have caught but quick to fix! Love the King Bed!! A must for campers to enjoy camping experience. Like others, mattress not the best. Get lots of compliments on interior. Added extra backsplash at stove and bathroom with peel and stick pieces. Made a difference!!
- Joe Kinsey, Tennessee

2020-09-22 2020 Entegra Coach Vision 31V View Listings

We bought a new motorhome from La Mesa RV in February 2020 and it is now late September and have not had a successful trip yet. A few of the issues: The generator has never worked properly, the wind noise from the front windshield it so loud, we have to yell at the top of our voices to communicate. There was a leak under the kitchen sink, the front shade fell off while driving. It has been in the shop more than we have used it. It is currently in the shop (for the 4th time) and has been there for 6 weeks. Whenever we take it in for repairs, the customer service department says the problems have been solved, but every time we pick it up, all the repairs have not been made. We are making payments on a motorhome we can not use. We are extremely disappointed and frustrated that we spent so much money with a dealership who provides such poor customer service. We regret buying from La Mesa RV. It has been a terrible experience!
- Bernie and Kathy Gallenbeck, Arizona

2020-09-22 2003 National RV Dolphin LX 6320LX View Listings

The 8.1 Workhorse engine combined with the Allison tranny is a winner. This gas engine rates at the top for motorhome performance and fuel economy. National motorhomes are well known for their quality and Dolphin LX is the top of line for the National Motorhome gassers. Nice floor plan w/ upscale cabinets and furniture. Workhorse W22 chassis rides very well. After I had a steering stabilizer installed the Workhorse handles great. The Dolphin has many features found on expensive coaches such as the fiber glass roof. I highly recommend the Dolphin.
- Tov61, New Mexico

2020-09-22 2005 Newmar Mountain Aire 3778 View Listings

We could not be happier with our Newmar. We have traveled about 50,000 miles towing a PT Cruiser, cross country twice and into Canada and all up and down the East coast. It is as comfortable as any automobile we have owned, handles easily. We have owned other rvs but Newmar is the best in its price range as far as we are concerned. The structure, design and workmanship cannot be beat.When we are at a campground for any length of time, we often say, this is all we need to live a happy life !! Even though it is a gas rig ( Chevy Workhorse, 8.1) we had no trouble with the Appalachian,Rocky or Cascade mountain ranges. A little slower going up some awesome roadways, but never a problem, even though we were towing.We averaged between 6.5 and 7.0 MPG. Don't think you can do much better.
- Don, North Carolina

2020-09-21 2002 Newmar Kountry Aire Kountry Koach View Listings

Great Bus for first timers in a pusher or a veteran driver. Its a great Bus and we have traveled all over the Us in it and love it. Please call or email with any questions you have. Lots of power for the mountains and easy to drive. Love this Bus.
- mike@mezrah.com, Florida

2020-09-21 2020 Newmar Canyon Star 3927 View Listings

Worst nightmare ever. Fell apart over three months . Don’t purchase one without asking is why as we will save you $$$$$. Never seen such a fiasco in my life lack of quality control sub standard construction. Make sure you review everywhere on line as the truth is out there. Do NOT purchase this model or brand .
- David, Florida

2020-09-20 2020 Thor Motor Coach Hurricane 35M View Listings

We have owned our Hurricane 35m for one year next month. And we can't wait until spring so we can sell it. Just as soon as we continue to use the warranty to keep fixing it, which is all we seem to be doing. I think that who ever worked on this RV came in drunk on Monday then stopped until Friday and didn't give a #*!@ about the quality of work he/she was doing. We have had more parts break inside the RV, To many to list here. I wish that I had done better homework while we were shopping for a RV because I would have stayed away from the Hurricane
- Mark Bailey, Utah

2020-09-20 2020 Jayco Alante 29F View Listings

We purchased our 2020 Jayco Alante in June. Our coach has the new V-8 engine. Since June, our Rv has been in the Ford Service Station 4 times for the same problem. The engine light has been "on" since day one. Apparently, the wires of the spark plugs are defected. After complaining to Ford and opening a file. Ford finally replaced all 8 spark plugs and 6 of the wires. The warranty would only approve 6 wires. We are now traveling to Chicago from Florida and the engine is running terrible. misfiring and screeching loud noises. We are so fed up . And to make matters worse, the shower is leaking really bad. Water coming out the bottom. Upper bunk is loose, and a few minor problems not worth to mention. We love our RV but hate all the problems.
- Yvonne Rodriguez, Florida

2020-09-20 2014 Thor Motor Coach Tuscany XTE 40GQ View Listings

We have used this Thor Tuscany XTE for 5 years and have loved every minute of it. Our goal was to see all the 50 states and we have traveled to almost all of them with hardly any trouble in this motorhome. We bought it new and of course had to go the the factory to have a few warranty issues taken care of and the factory treated us like family. I cannot complain about the motorhome purchase or the motorhome service center. We are very happy customers. The best part of owning this coach used is that it has been very well taken care of and all the issues that could come up have all been resolved. So purchasing it used has it's benefits believe me.
- Daniel Parris, Florida

2020-09-20 2020 Thor Motor Coach Windsport 35M View Listings

Really bad quality. No sense of pride..build is terrible leaks piped not connected under sinks..wall bulging..screws on floors and in cabinets..non working front ac water pump and toilet room has hole in ceiling..steering is awful wheel canted left..outside compartment doors dont shut fly open when driving..electrical problems in dash no lights in dash smog light issues and only one month old..roof appears to be separating from rear cap...camping world wants me to drive form tx to indiana to factory..as it's too much for them to deal with....stay away from thor products if you want to keep your sanity
- Jamedon, Arkansas

2020-09-20 2014 Entegra Coach Aspire 44U View Listings

The quality of construction, luxurious cabin and driver/user friendly options makes Entegra one of the best rated RV’s on the market. The 44U floor plan was perfect for us to full-time in, and the 3 heat pumps with heated basement and floors make it a 4 season coach for any climate. If you want all of the conveniences of home while on the road, this is the way to go!
- Megan, Kentucky

2020-09-18 2019 Newmar Canyon Star 3722 View Listings

Very poor workmanship , the rear slide out walls on both sides are oblong where the slides go in , which means the cutouts are not square . went to other dealers and noticed other models had the same problem no matter what the model . my fibreglass roof has dips in it and when it rains I have 7 water puddles , sooner or later will leak in the coach .the roof has bulging areas which means the one piece roof is not the proper size on my unit . BUYERS CHECK THESE ITEMS BEFORE YOU BUY .
- Peter Lylick, Alberta

2020-09-18 2016 Holiday Rambler Vacationer 36DBT View Listings

We purchased our 2016 Vacationer brand new in 2018. I thought this motorhome would be the only one for us. Since we purchased it we have had issue after issue. It was in the shop for weeks right after we purchased it. Finally we got it back and then a recall which we can’t seem to get fixed by the dealership. Our satellite is hit or miss, and we can’t figure out how the whole entertainment system works and neither can the dealership. The pump in our bathroom might work or it might not. The speakers on the outside entertainment center are not working properly. I wish I had my time to do this one over. I always thought Holiday Rambler was high end but I guess I was mistaken.
- Elaine Chaffin, Tennessee

2020-09-17 2006 Damon Astoria 3595 View Listings

We bought the RV to see if we would like to travel in a RV and set up for a few weeks at a time. Turns out we love it. There is only the wife and I and occasionally the grandkid. It sleeps five comfortably. It has a super slide and levels easily with the auto levelers. The unit has two TVs (front and rear bedroom). I replaced the RV queen mattress with a REGFULAR size queen--got tired of my feet hanging out at the bottom. I bought an extended warranty and if you read the number of new parts--it was well worth the extra money. We are looking to upgrade to a newer, NOT brand new unit with 3 slides or 4. I am retiring again and we will travel more. We did NOT smoke or live in the RV. It did come in handy when we lost electricity at our house for an extended period due to severe storms. I have always kept it under cover or inside when not in use. All the maitenance records are available from CRABTREE RV and Levis Diesel since I have owned this unit.
- Ken Goodleaf, Arkansas

2020-09-16 2003 Monaco Diplomat 38PST View Listings

It is a well built MH with features that are still in new luxury units, like diesel engine but no DEF needed. 7.5 Kw Onan genset. 100 gallons of water and large holding tanks. Heat pump, microwave convection oven, hydraulic jacks etc. It is simpler than new units. No Def, guages that are guages and not a video screen, lots of windows that open and allow natural ventilation along with window awnings over all side windows. The electronics are still simple to use and fix. Gas/electric frig and water heater making it great for dry camping. Wide hallways when pushed in and you can still cook and do anything camping in a parking lot that you can do pushed out in campground except plugging in, but with the windows open and 4 batteries or running the furnace over night you will do fine without plugging in. It is easy to update with LED lighting and HD compatible satellite domes. Meanwhile the aluminum exterior is incredible for its longevity. Woodwork is also great. It is just one of those old goodies.
- Bob, Minnesota

2020-09-16 2000 Country Coach Allure Deschutes View Listings

This coach has served us well. The only discouraging factor is that the company has closed. It is now serviced by Winnabago. It has so much storage inside and in bays. Love the bathroom as the shower is separate. Comfortable for women to drive. Most of our driving was on interstate.
- Linda Fenton, Vermont

2020-09-16 2007 Winnebago Vectra 40TD View Listings

This has been the best RV motorhome that I have ever owned. It is one of the most spacious 40 feet motorhomes on the market. The MH has two very large slide outs. It has also had several upgrades (LED lighting (inside and out), satellite dish, TVs, etc.). Incredible amount of storage. It is also fun to drive. A lot of power in the 400 HP diesel engine and the fuel milage is pretty good (avg. 7 mpg). For a full-timer this is the vehicle to have.
- Anthony DuBose, New Mexico

2020-09-16 2008 Thor Motor Coach Windsport 36R View Listings

Like the miles looks in good condition. How many owners? Does it has a clean title? Any roof leaks? Saw some dust underneath the gas tank where is the unit stored? Please advise I am interested in the rv
- Ernie Vasquez, Texas

2020-09-15 2014 Newmar Ventana 3634 View Listings

The Ventana is your on-ramp to comfort and convenience that only a Newmar diesel coach can deliver. I cannot tell you what a joy it is to drive this unit. We owned Winnebago before and Newmar's exclusive Comfort Drive TM makes all the difference. If you haven't experienced this before I encourage you to try it out at a Newmar dealer near you, then come talk to us about purchase of our remarkable coach. Loaded with all the features like the Oasis Hydronic water heating system with instant and never ending hot water, complimented with solar panels and inverter, complete with an Onan 8.0kW gen set. Especially equipped with four distinct TVs and sound bar systems for the ultimate in entertainment you will move effortlessly from the kitchen area to the outdoor BBQ space equipped with its' own entertainment center built into the exterior side of the coach. In addition, we added a fireplace for an additional heat source and ambience. Just put in a new Blue-Ray player and converted tv chairs into a sleeper couch.
- Richard Wilson, Washington