Class A Reviews on RV Insider (3,314)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Class A RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

James R. Rohan from New York says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2015 Thor Motor Coach Axis 24.1 View Listings

I have been in camping with RV's for more than 50 years and currently have a 5th wheel and this Axis unit, so I do have some experience with RV's. I purchased this unit in September 2014 and to date have not been able to utilize this unit as designed. I have and currently have so many things go wrong or are wrong that I could not recommend not only this unit but any unit manufactured by Thor. I have not gotten what might be considered help from Thor to correct issues. The latest issues are once again with the awning and since having leaking windows is causing de-lamination of a inside wall. I have filed under NY's lemon law to have the unit returned and get all monies that I have spent returned. I cannot and will not recommend this unit or any other unit manufactured by Thor.
- James R. Rohan, New York

2020-07-13 2009 Monaco Safari Cheetah View Listings

Livability of this RV is excellent! It has 4 slides, two directly opposite each other in the living/kitchen area and two directly opposite each other in the bedroom. This makes for some of the most spacious living in any RV. It is the first RV I've tried where the family did not feel crowded in it. It also has all the great features needed for great living. We enjoyed the two couches--one is super soft and comfy, the other is firm and supportive. With the two couches, the turned-around pilot & co-pilot seats, the dining chairs and two footstools, we easily sat 10 in the living area with room to spare. My niece could even practice dancing without feeling constrained. This is one of the few class A's that can actually sleep 6--two in the main Queen, two in the sofabed Queen, and 2 small folk in the jacknife couch. The shower easily accommodates people over 6' tall, and has a sliding mechanism so that tall and short people can adjust the height of the shower head easily. It has a built-in combo washer/dryer, and if you know what to expect from these units and how to use them correctly they really are a bonus to have...saving you time and expense going to laundromats. I could throw in a load of clothes, set it and forget it until I was ready to remove the load a few hours later. So handy and easy! The built-in bay heater was wonderful to have in cold climates, and the huge amount of interior storage along with the huge basement (and full-length sliding tray accessible from either side of the coach) made packing/storage/using of items easy. So did the fuel filler available on both sides of the coach, interior/exterior monitoring systems, and other wonderful features like these. We were very pleased with the overall quality, much of which we discovered over time. Right away we noticed the solid wood cabinets and doors. This cuts down on noise transfer as well as durability of latches, as well as looking great! The Onan generator and the Caterpillar engine turned out to be quality items that other RV'ers wished they had, and both started instantly for us every time and proved to be highly reliable. We purchased it on consignment and the dealer didn't recognize that it has a built-in Sanicon Masticator, so we initially purchased sewer hoses, sewer support track, and other sewer supplies. We eventually figured out that we didn't need any of that, which freed up a considerable amount of storage space in the basement, as well as making handling the black and gray tanks quick, easy, and much cleaner! When other RV'ers saw us using it they all wanted it too! I can understand that as the Sanicon is a major upgrade and solves a lot of typical sewer issues. I love that it can pump the contents uphill if needed, so no more worrying about gravity. All of the various tanks seem to be larger than is average size in the industry. We didn't find a thing on this coach that wasn't of good quality. The floor plan was ideal for us. Along with the spacious living area we really appreciated the ability to be able to walk around the queen bed, and the private toilet room with sink, regular door and lock, paired with a vanity sink in the shower area, made it so easy for 3 adults to get ready to go or come back from adventuring and clean up. One could be using the sink in the toilet room, one the vanity sink and the third person in the shower. Everyone has their privacy and plenty of room to move, and the entire coach is still accessible to everyone...privacy didn't mean that you were cut off from the washer/dryer, for example. We really enjoyed that there could be two solid doors closed at night providing great separation and noise reduction between people sleeping, while everyone still had access to the toilet and shower. We also loved the accessibility of the kitchen, refrigerator and cabinets while the slides were closed and we were moving. I wouldn't change a thing about the floor plan. Driving this RV was one of the best things about it! We loved that the engine was in the back, so the cockpit was whisper quiet! I could have a normal volume conversation with someone on the phone while driving, or with the person next to me, and the whole beautiful world was displayed in front of us through the huge, single-pane front window! Add to that that the 6-way auto driver seat was so comfortable, and I was looking for reasons to drive! The engine was so powerful that I never felt a difference whether we were towing or not, and it was very easy to maneuver this large coach, even while towing. We also found it easy to sleep in the back bedroom even with the engine on. It was like having a louder volume sound machine to lull you to sleep. Although there was noise from the engine, it was definitely not enough to affect your ability to take a nap. I even drove an overnight 8 hour shift once with two people asleep in the bedroom and one asleep on the couch. We loved this coach, and I think you would too!
- Laura Ricksecker, Oregon

2020-07-12 2018 Winnebago Forza 38F View Listings

Though Winnebago's Forza is the entry level diesel pusher, I am beyond sad and disappointed by the countless issues. While Winnebago as well as our local dealership make best effort to resolve different issues at different times, the time and effort invested has made me regret our purchase. This is not our first Winnebago, so we thought we knew what to expect in terms of quality. In short, this particular coach is either a lemon or quality control has gone by the way side. Since I would exceed the 5000 characters if I listed all, let me give you some indication of all that has been addressed or still needs to be: Short in porch light and had to be rewired, malfunction with tail lights and the codes had to be reset, Truma control went bad and needed to be replaced, ac compressor froze up and broke belt so it had to be towed and replaced, compartment doors can open while driving, wall paper sags and is falling off the wall, radiator weld was bad and leaked coolant and had to be replaced, black water inlet flush was bent so I could not screw into it and had to be replaced, rear television was not connected to cable and had to be removed from wall and connected, slide out topper can billow when traveling and nearly caused an accident, exterior moldings have come off at various times and since been re-adhered, the radio volume goes off on its own and requires occasional reset, the electronic dash went blank while running cruise control and after fifteen to twenty seconds reset itself. In the end, I plan to address with Winnebago as I believe in the brand and hope they will work with me to resolve. That said, I am at my wits end with this particular coach so depending on what Winnebago can do to assist, may drive our response/decision forward. In the meantime and while I understand the Forza is an entry level diesel pusher, I would sooner spend more or not buy if I knew this much would need attention. That said, I wish anyone all the best should they elect to buy a Forza as problems asides, it has a great floor plan and looks nice on appearances alone.
- Jonathan Litvack, California

2020-07-12 2008 Gulfstream Bounty Hunter 2916B View Listings

This RV is really good for towing and hauling around your motorized toys. Great for extended weekend with off road bikes and side by sides. Has an aux gas tank for regular gas for bikes and 2 x 2’s. Easy access garage with work space. Outside entertainment center is fun.
- Beth, Michigan

2020-07-12 2004 National RV Tropical 350 View Listings

We got our new to us t 350 and less than 24 hrs later, it caught fire and burned up! I would not recommend this brand to anyone. Also, hardly anyone works on the cat motors anymore so, good luck finding someone for service.
- Andrew widick, Tennessee

2020-07-11 2006 Newmar Essex 4502 Somerset View Listings

This Newmar Essex drives like a dream. A Lot of people can look at a 45' Motorhome and get intimidated by the size. The Coach Tracks down any lane like an arrow. The visibility is fantastic even in the blind spots as with the side view cameras there are no blind spots. The Coach tows a towed car as if it wasn't there at all but yet you can see it safe and sound in the rear camera at all times. The coach floats on its Spartan chassis like it's riding on a cloud. Once at your destination nd the 4 slides are open there is ample room and luxury living just as if you were home. The storage capacity is huge inside and in the storage bays. The Generator is a 12.5 KW Quiet Diesel which provides enough power to run anything you need in the coach while running all 3 A/C units to bee cool and comfortable in the Summer or the Hydro Hot heat in the winter. You can't go wrong with a Newmar Coach.
- Kendall Cargill, Colorado

2020-07-11 2021 Fleetwood Fortis 34MB View Listings

We purchased a 2021 Fleetwood Fortis, new. May 2020 The dining area shade was broken away from the wall, and the shade itself doesn't go up. Still waiting for replacement and it is now mid July. ON A BRAND NEW RV? The Drivers shade and the living room shade have to have "help" manually rolling it up. So they have to be replaced as well. But we are waiting for Fleetwood to send in all shade replacements (we were told in May it would be 3 weeks......hmmmmm Fleetwood must be on a different time schedule that the rest of the world) The first time we took it to a campground, the automatic hydraulic leveling system went out......later to find out there is a hole in the hose! On a brand new RV? It is now mid July, and we are waiting for the correct hose to come in to get it repaired!!! The following trip, we hooked up to the water at the camp, and the RV started to flood. There was a loose connector behind the water heater. On a brand new RV? The following trip, we swiveled the chairs. The driver's chair would not then lock back into place, thought we'd have to drive 200 miles that way...unsafe. Finally got under the seat and a loose nut bold! On a brand new RV? We love our RV, it is just the "waiting" to get replacement parts. We are still camping with leveling the RV, rolling up shades manually.....not good advertisement when people in the adjoining lots see us manually rolling shades, and not having any leveling done. Would I reccommend friends to purchase a new RV.....maybe not......they should buy one that somebody else did all the fixing in lieu of spending time camping.
- Teresa Dewitt, South Carolina

2020-07-10 2018 Winnebago Fuse 23A View Listings

This is our second year with our Fuse and we love it. Why? We love the mileage (17 mpg). We love the drive ability...drives like a van & we can even go thru most drive-thru windows while traveling. Putting 6,000 miles on each summer (FL to Northern Wisconsin so we have done the Smoky Mountain thing with no problem) and have had no major problems. Love the split bunks for sleeping...more comfortable than MANY beds at motel we have slept on. We check our ATS each time we start out to make sure all connections are tight and to date have not had a problem. We did drag bottom once and now look each time and approach diagonally (no leaf or Sumo springs). Only improvement could be basement storage....hard to fit some items and they have had to stay home. Love the storage area under the passenger-side bunk (keep my spring water, potatoes, onions, spare towels, Featherweight sewing machine & material, & miscellaneous items here. Love our 2018-A Fuse!! (Our first RV was a 29’ Gulf Stream BT Cruiser)
- Sandi, Florida

2020-07-10 2016 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 30.1 View Listings

Need A RV With A 4 or 5 Bedroom With 2Bathrooms With Tables Chairs And Body Room For Me And Kids And My Mom And Also To Eat And Take A Bathes And Trip From State To State All Over The World And To Have A Place To Stay And Sleep At I Love To Travel With My Family All Of The Time When The Wheather Is Safe
- Jacquelyn Battles, Georgia

2020-07-09 2008 Beaver Contessa Westport View Listings

I love the way that it rides, the air suspension is so smooth,. It's also great for self-leveling. I have owned one of these for the last two years. There's three cameras that make driving a lot easier.
- Bernie j Urbanek, Utah

2020-07-09 2015 Newmar Bay Star 3401 View Listings

Bought this coach used in January 2016. This is 7th coach I've owned since 1997 and second Newmar. Outstanding unit. Phone help from Newmar for the few questions we had has been outstanding. Selling the coach tomorrow and hope the new owners love it as much as we have. Only disappointing thing is I understand Newmar Corp has been bought by another manufacturer, one I've had bad experiences with. If this is true hope they don't allow the Newmar quality go down.
- Rick, Oklahoma

2020-07-08 2016 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 30.1 View Listings

Everything in this vehicle has gone wrong. The shades r know falling apart. Awful from day one nothing but problems with this coach. It even leaked and I have had it service with camping world. Don’t get me started with them. Awful.
- Woody dunn, North Carolina

2020-07-08 2010 Fleetwood Discovery 40X View Listings

It's been great. When we first got it it had a few issues we took care of because of age. A beautiful high end motor home.Well thought out by the engineer and well decorated. We have had motor homes in the past but this is the best one we have had.
- Steve Corcoran, Ohio

2020-07-08 2011 Winnebago Tour 42QD View Listings

This rig is amazing! The ride is smooth and the 450hp takes mountain roads and passes like nothing. Winnebago service is always available to answer any questions and if they do not know, they give you a number to call for that item that was installed. Wow! As for the floor plan it is like having a home. Will stay with Winnebago to downsize
- Dave Bowers, Virginia

2020-07-08 2001 Safari Zanzibar 3896 View Listings

Very happy with the Safari. Still a good motor home after all these years. Lots of power in the diesel engine runs great, comfortable floor plan, beautiful wood cabinets, lots of mirrors, top of the line when new.
- James, New York

2020-07-08 2016 Entegra Coach Aspire 42RBQ View Listings

I spent 3 months researching my next coach purchase. Having bought a Phaeton and an Allegro Bus, I wanted to see how the Entegra stood up the the Tiffin Brand. The quality and workmanship is top notch and shows up in every aspect of the coach. The entry level Aspire gives you so much more than other entry level pushers. Once on the road, this coach lives up to the tag line, The Entegra is the quietest, best handling coach on the market. I am definitely a Entegra buyer for life.
- Joe Licciardi, California

2020-07-07 2021 Coachmen Pursuit 31BH View Listings

Poor customer service and quality control Would not recommend this company Only three weeks one week it was in the shop to get fixed seven pages of work and still not done Call nexus many times will not return phone calls or emails
- Charles Frantz, Ohio

2020-07-07 2008 Monaco Dynasty Renaissance IV View Listings

The Monaco product , up until March 2009, was known to be one of the top Manufacturers of High Line Diesel Pushers. The Dynasty level was number three from Monaco’s Top. The Renaissance IV , quad slide , bath and a half was one of their most popular floor plans. Great livability for full time use and plenty of power .
- Bob Cotney, California

2020-07-07 2021 Coachmen Pursuit 31BH View Listings

Design is great but i dont like my legs dangling on the toilet. Some quality issues noticed on our first trip: burnt plug wire put it in the shop less than 2700 miles. Toilet has to be plunged constantly. Winshield washer holding tank cracked. Fresh water holding tank doesnt hold. Refrigerator doesnt stay cold. Trim issues throughout cabin
- Jeffery Nobles, Maryland

2020-07-07 1995 Country Coach Affinity View Listings

We have owned the 1995, 38 ft. Affinity for about 15 years. Yes we have had a few minor problems, but over all it has been a great motor home and we love it. It now has about 125000 miles on it, and I would not hesitate to take on a cross country trip tomorrow. One thing about Country Coach, not only were they great to work with, but so were their suppliers, such as Fantastic Fan.
- William Allen, California

2020-07-06 2020 Jayco Alante 29S View Listings

Nothing but disappointment and buyer’s remorse!! We purchased this coach in February, 2020. Due to COVID-19, we did not get to use it until Memorial Day weekend. We were 5 hours late to get on the road due to all the issues discovered the morning of our departure. My husband decided to check underneath and found all the wires just hanging down and rubbing against parts that will heat up when in use. While he was tying all that up, I discovered the toilet was leaking. The connection behind the tank was stripped. When I was unwrapping the mattress, it appeared to have been folded in half at some point. Driving down the road, the refrigerator door flung open every time we took a left turn. The passenger window was never sealed. The JRide suspension is a joke!! And after 8 days in use the water heater has gone out. We got stuck in a hail storm and the fiberglass roof took a serious hit leaving ya with 8 large cracks. When we asked about how to repair it, the only option is a full replacement. We have spent over $3,000 on repairs and suspension and it’s only been used for 14 days. WE WILL NEVER BUY A JAYCO AGAIN!!
- Leanne Forman, Texas

2020-07-05 2018 Thor Motor Coach Axis 25.4 View Listings

I wrote an earlier negative review which I would like to withdraw but don't know how. The fault with the slide out was not a fault at all. Just our inexperience. The hvac problem was fixed in minutes by the dealr who knows the vehicles. The dealer Motor Home Supply in Alvarado, TX extened our warranty and dealt with all of the minor issues that had to with drawer latches etc. The vehicle is very solid, fun to drive and really functional. We love the size, and the appliances that serveus well on trips. Happycamper now.
- Edgar Lincoln, Texas

2020-07-04 2013 Tiffin Allegro Bus 36QSP View Listings

This is a comfortable ride for road trips. Good on fuel. Dual Air conditioning is so comfortable and heat if needed. We lived on the road for 3 months. Residential refrigerator/freezer is awesome big The seats are made like pleather , no rip or tares. Marble floors are so easy to clean. And hook ups let you wash and dry your clothes. We put these in brand new last year!
- Gail, California

2020-07-04 2016 Holiday Rambler Vacationer 34ST View Listings

THIS IS A HIGH QUALITY COACH WITH SOLID CHERRY CABINETRY, NO PRESS BOARD WALLS/ETC AS IN CHEAPER BRANDS. LUXURY ABOUNDS IN THREE SLIDES. FULL 3 DOOR REFER W/ ICE MAKER, CENTRAL VACUUM, 3 INTERIOR/1 EXTERIOR TV, SOFA BED IS INFLATABLE MAKING COMFORTABLE SLEEPING W/NO UGLY CROSSBAR, CONVECTION/MICROWAVE PLUS MANY FINE EXTRAS. THE COACH IS EFFORTLESS AND FUN TO DRIVE, HEATED SIDE MIRRORS. GPS SCREEN SHOWS RV SIDES WHEN SIGNALING FOR LANE CHANGE/TURN. THIS IS A HIGH QUALITY COACH AT A MORE THAN REASONABLE PRICE.
- Paul Sherbino, New York

2020-07-03 2002 Winnebago Adventurer 30Y View Listings

Many years of enjoyment, this vehicle has far exceeded our expections. The floor plan is so livable, but it is very compact and easy to drive an maneuver. Very glad we stepped up to the features of the Adventurer, as they have proven to be well worth the cost over time
- johno, California