Class A

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Class A RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

James R. Rohan from New York says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2015 Thor Motor Coach Axis 24.1 View Listings

I have been in camping with RV's for more than 50 years and currently have a 5th wheel and this Axis unit, so I do have some experience with RV's. I purchased this unit in September 2014 and to date have not been able to utilize this unit as designed. I have and currently have so many things go wrong or are wrong that I could not recommend not only this unit but any unit manufactured by Thor. I have not gotten what might be considered help from Thor to correct issues. The latest issues are once again with the awning and since having leaking windows is causing de-lamination of a inside wall. I have filed under NY's lemon law to have the unit returned and get all monies that I have spent returned. I cannot and will not recommend this unit or any other unit manufactured by Thor.
- James R. Rohan, New York

2021-10-16 2018 Winnebago Intent 26M View Listings

This has been a wonderful RV for our family. It is easy to drive, extremely functional and sleeps 5. One of the best and effortless motorhomes to own. Winnebago did a great job designing the Intent model.
- Stephen Margerum, Maryland

2021-10-16 2005 Coachmen Mirada 340MBS View Listings

Bought this RV in AZ and made a 7000 mile road trip cross country this past summer with my family and had a blast! Stopped at many National and state parks along the way. We saw some amazingly beautiful places in this diverse country. The RV did excellent throughout the trip. Had to replace some things along the way, and now it’s even better than before. I love the freedom that owning an RV gives to me and my family.
- Rick Sangermano, Florida

2021-10-15 2014 Forest River Georgetown 351DS View Listings

After 6 years, the floor plan is convenient. All faux leather seats began peeling, had to get recovered. Poor quality materials. Its OK for the money but will have some poor materials. Engine is good at 446hrs. The owners manual was outdated. Had to replace steps but covered under warranty. Refrigerator compressor went out. Extremely difficult to have repaired.
- Wil Reed, Louisiana

2021-10-15 2020 Tiffin Allegro Red 37PA View Listings

The rev is great except for aqua hot furnace. Broke down four times on three trips. Hard to find someone to fix it. Guaranty is not honored, had to pay each time company is no help tiffin does help or return calls after SIX pleas for help. Do not buy an river equipped with aqua hot and don’t buy a tiffin, if you have a problem you are on your own
- Patrick astre, New York

2021-10-14 2006 Georgie Boy Pursuit 3500DS View Listings

We've owned camper trailers, 5th wheels and now this Motorhome. We by far enjoy the Motorhome the best out of the 3. It's comfortable, roomy, and the best part is your can move around while someone is driving! The bathroom is convenient and the full size shower is a plus.
- April Cornell, Arizona

2021-10-13 2017 Tiffin Allegro RED 37PA View Listings

This is my second Tiffin and I couldn't be happier with the quality of product and the standard of service from Tiffin. The fit and finish is top notch. I'm also impressed with how easy it is to drive and handle in campgrounds. For the price this is easily the best made product on the market.
- Bruce Marston, Tennessee

2021-10-13 2019 Thor Motor Coach Windsport 29M View Listings

Purchased this RV a little over a year ago and have used it 4 times. Each trip was a joy and all aspects of the vehicle performed in an excellent manner. There are several upgraded items on the RV that I never used; I either did not know how it worked or had on need. The unit came with a satellite dish, but no receiver ( never needed)cable was fine. There’s a Windgard WiFi ranger located on roof; previous owner removed router; I used cell data, but unit on top works well if a router is installed. There’s a solar control panel ( see picture) that I have no idea what it controls or operates. I’m thinking it’s to some how maintain the house batteries while in storage. This motor home is super clean and in excellent mechanical condition. I’ve changed the oil twice since I’ve owned it. Currently there are 9600 miles, 2600 of which I put on the vehicle. The exterior paint is excellent and no noticeable scratches. The ladder to top of unit is bent, however, the bend is so uniform that the ladder actually looks like it was manufactured that way. All accessories I’ve purchased will be included with purchase.ie, wheel/tire covers, all sewer accessories, water hoses, electrical cord, jack pads( never used because auto levelers work great) and outdoor carpet. So now the answer everyone is wondering……….. if you love this motor home so much why are you selling? My wife and I have be camping for 40; tents, pop ups and travel trailers and Class C. This is our first Class A and………….. my wife is so scared while underway it has taken all the pleasure and joy out of the journey. That’s it, plain and simple. We will most likely move back to a trailer in the near future, but for now it’s time to reevaluate 😎
- Bill Busick, North Carolina

2021-10-12 2018 Forest River Georgetown XL 369XL View Listings

Love the two bathrooms and fireplace. Spacious throughout and love the king size bed. Outside storage allows for great usage and the outside tv is a great ad. Recliners and the ability to expand the couch is a great option.
- Dee, California

2021-10-11 2021 Coachmen Pursuit 31BH View Listings

Handles very well in the high mountains >7000 feet. Has a big 7.3 L Ford engine. I leaves big rucks in the slow lane when it is towing a car. Sleeps six persons. Good storage space. Big bed in the rear.
- James Johnson, Indiana

2021-10-11 2003 Fleetwood Southwind 32V View Listings

I've owned this RV for 12 years. Love the floorplan and build quality. More than enough engine power to tow anywhere. It has all the amenities you could want when boondocking or glamping with full hook ups. I would definitely buy this model again.
- John Parsons, California

2021-10-11 2015 Tiffin Allegro Red 37PA View Listings

My wife and I upgraded from a 2014 33' Freedom Express Travel Trailer to our brand new Tiffin Allegro RED Motor home in 2015. We purchase the coach from LazyDays in Tampa fl and had a great experience dealing with Christian in sales. We took the coach on her initial shakedown trips within Fl and along the East Coast. With only a couple of very minor issues (most of which were operator error due to unfamiliarity of the coach) everything was great. Our coach is like a 5 star hotel on wheels with all the conveniences of home. We made a few periodic trips to the Tiffin Factory in Red Bay Alabama for routine maintenance (oil changes and to have some of those minor issues taken care of). In my opinion Tiffin is the BEST COACH on the market. Bob Tiffin greeted us personally and made us feel like we were part of the family. Bob mentioned to me that he treats every coach they sell as it it were his own and I have no reason to believe this is not the case. The service work performed at the Tiffin Factory was very professional. Since owning the coach we used it for short weekend gateways and one cross country trip and we thoroughly enjoyed the experiences. I whole heartily recommend anyone looking for a high end motor home to defiantly consider Tiffin. Everyone we met during our travels who owned one of these coaches thoroughly love the coach and have nothing but positive things to say about the Tiffin brand and the quality of their products.
- Robert McGraw, Florida

2021-10-10 2004 Monaco Diplomat 40DST View Listings

I bought mine when it was 12 years old and 60k miles. I've had it 5 years and put 60k on it myself. I continue to be amazed at the quality and durability of just about everything. I park next to new rigs and every time hear their stories of being in the shop over and over for months after purchase. While this doesn't have all the newest features, I could add a digital dash, 17kah LiFePo batteries, 2400w solar to the roof, RO house water, and make modification without too much trouble. The smooth drive and easy control is wonderful. When the day comes to buy another motorhome, I will pass everything new and look back to the early 2000's of Monaco again.
- Greg S Griffin, Montana

2021-10-10 2008 Winnebago Voyage 32H View Listings

I like everything about it. It sure has been dependable. I LOVE the driver side slide out- It goes the full length. I love the command center that does things like-turn off one AC compressor if you use microwave... if on a 30 watt hookup. Amazing how it works. Live the inverter switch. Enjoy the motorized sofa with foot rests
- Charlie Butts, Georgia

2021-10-10 2012 Newmar Ventana 4346 View Listings

Newmar has a great reputation for building quality motorhomes and we have not been disappointed with our rig. We have done cold weather and all season camping with no issues. Of course you take extra precautions in the winter! Driving the rig is amazing even during strong cross winds. The Newmar Comfort Drive steering system makes compensation for having to steer into the wind. We LOVE the Oasis hydronic heating and hot water system. Tons of storage space is great. We don't have a pantry and that is something that would be nice to have. The craftsmanship of the cabinetry is top notch. The Cummins engine and Freightliner chassis have been worry free with no issues just routine maintenance.
- Darrell, Alberta

2021-10-10 2020 Holiday Rambler Navigator 38K View Listings

We've owned our RV since January of 2020, purchased in Florida and drove to Alaska. We love the layout and amenities this coach had to offer, but issues began to develop early on, from electrical to plumbing to slides malfunctioning. Our first repair stop was the REV Technical Center in Coburg, OR. They fixed one of four items, which was a small drawer latch. Serious electrical issues were not addressed as the main technical engineers had not come up with solutions for the specific problems we were having. The technicians indicated it would be 6 months or more to develop the solution. Driver ceiling lights come on when the furnace kicks on or off, very annoying in the middle of the night sleeping in the overhead bunk or driving down the road at night. We have battery charging issues, have already had to replace two chassis batteries to the tune of $400 and are still unable to get a complete charge off of the engine. While driving from Alaska to Washington, we had to run our generator at random intervals in order to charge the batteries to avoid complete engine shutdown due to lack of voltage. Even had to pull into a gas station and plug into their electrical outlet and put an auxiliary battery charger (which I brought with me) to get enough voltage to start the generator to charge the batteries as I was driving down the road. This is just a sampling of the many issues that have yet to be resolved. We will be back at the REV technical center in Coburg OR on Monday to hopefully get some items addressed.
- David Hartman, Alaska

2021-10-09 2006 Damon Intruder 374W View Listings

We bought this RV to see if it would fit our traveling adventures. Learning curve definitely, as I found out how easy it was to do a U-Turn on a one way dirt road. Ended up being simple, as this coach has a tight radius. Cooking is easy with the stove, and oven. Though, in hot climates, you should have an outside kitchen setup. Hot inside when cooking. We added a leaf spring on the right side of the coach after our first year. Because, as most coaches lean to the right, due to manufacturers loading the weight primarily on the right. This made the next 6 summers of driving much easier. 2 a/c units work wonderfully, and keep temp comfortable all day and night. Swapped mattress to a 10” foam, and love it. The bedroom storage is ample to live in this coach full time. Living room/kitchen storage is also quite adequate. We packed a full set of ‘kitchen’ inside. Outside storage is crazy good, I have a hard time using all the space, and typically have extra room underneath. I wish the gas tank was bigger, 75 gl, but I got used to stopping for a break on long trips. The fresh/gray/black tanks are easily managed. I wish the fresh/gray were bigger, but they are pretty standard. 80/40/40 We have travelled over 30 states, and 35,000 miles in our care. This is a great coach, and has been taken care of . Now, it’s your turn to continue the story
- Eric H Pigman, Illinois

2021-10-08 2020 Winnebago Adventurer 30T View Listings

Winnebago 2020 Adventurer 30 is beautiful, spacious, and chock full of ammenities. Super to boondock with the Cummins quiet generator, to run ac, cook on induction cooktop, watch tv etc. Plenty of room to entertain indoors and outdoors under the power awning.
- Lisa Q, Florida

2021-10-08 2020 Tiffin Allegro Bus 40IP View Listings

I bought this coach February of 2021 and have put only 4000 miles on it...it has been in the shop for more time than we have been using it...have had around 30 warranty issues...poor cabinet craftmanship - replaced 20 cabinet doors, elctric cockpit blinds stopped working, toilet won't flush, drawers won't stay shut, deadbolt broke, remote door lock doesnt work, basement freezer stopped working, solar system didnt work, bathroom door won't stay shut, wardrobe sliding doors malfunctioned, basement bay doors wont shut, water hose reel malfunctioned, slide outs had to be adjusted, cabinet pulls missing, light trims missing, lift tv raises up randomly, windows rattled,etc, etc etc...everytime we use it something new goes wrong...now I know why they only do a one year warranty...not sure I would ever buy a Tiffin product again...maybe I just got a lemon...anyone else have an experience like this?
- Clyde, Oregon

2021-10-06 2013 Tiffin Allegro Bus 40QBP View Listings

Nothing but good things to say about this unit.any misfires we’re self induced like putting replacement water filter in backwards.Very easy to drive.extremely comfortable unit.Nice layout with walk thru when slides are in up to second bathroom and kitchen
- Vince Parker, Alberta

2021-10-06 2022 Thor Motor Coach Miramar 35.2 View Listings

What a complete POS!!! I already unloaded this piece of junk. Took a financial hit but thought if it's this bad already, what will it be like in a year from now. Chassis was great. The THOR house was pure junk.
- Bill Weeks, Pennsylvania

2021-10-06 2018 Newmar King Aire 4534 View Listings

This unit is great for full timers and is very easy to drive for long distances, fun for tailgating at sporting events. The King Aire is just that the king of comfort for everybody in the unit. And has a great towing capacity for that stacker towing capacity of 20,000 lbs.
- Paul Pearson, Florida

2021-10-06 2018 Thor Motor Coach Axis 24.1 View Listings

We just drove our Axis from California to Florida over a 25 day period. The V10 on this smaller and lighter RV made mountain driving a breeze. This is a perfect RV for a couple with a pet for long duration trips. The three TV’s and the propane quick connect make it very easy to live comfortably. We did most of our cooking outside. The AC is excellent. My only beef is the grey water / black water hose hookup port. It’s pretty low, so you have to pay attention to the height location of the dump port.
- Douglas Clark, Florida

2021-10-05 2021 Newmar Dutch Star 4326 View Listings

We had not owned a motorhome in years and made a foolish decision to trust Camping World and buy a new 2019 Thor Aria from them. We simply did not know how unethical both of these companies were and still cannot understand how companies like these exist today. Word is getting out, but much too slowly. We were finally able to get rid of the Aria which we were never able to use as it was in the shop at Camping World for 6 months and then went to another shop where it was gone through and resold. It was brand new, but had no warranty upon sale as the Thor warranty voids upon transfer even if it is one week old. In reality it has no warranty to the original purchaser as well. I had owned several RV's previously and decided to buy a 2019 Newmar Ventana 4326. It was a wonderful coach and we were very happy with it. We enjoyed it so much, that we decided to order a new 2021 Dutch Star 4326 because we wanted the heated tile and a few other niceties. We loved the Dutch Star as well but decided to sell it and order a new 2022 London Aire 4535 bunk model with the 605 engine and a few more niceties. It is due to arrive in December 2021, so we cannot comment on it until we experience it but I am sure it will be wonderful like the previous models. It may sound strange that we are trading every year or so, but honestly NIRVC and Newmar have treated us so well that we have lost very little on the sale of our coaches. In fact, we are gone about 4 or 5 months a year and lose much less than half of what motel rooms would cost us. It continues to be a wonderful experience as well sleeping in our own bed etc. Newmar is the absolute opposite of Thor. They are available to us anywhere we travel and we have never experienced a negative situation with them. They are very supportive and conduct themselves with integrity. After the way I have been treated by Newmar, I would not consider any other coach except possibly a Newell, but we are not there yet. We can simply travel comfortably and without concern if we do have an issue. NIRVC has been wonderful and we continue to purchase from them. We had a hydraulic pump o-ring fail on a Saturday in Indio and the service manager from NIRVC called me on his cell phone and he walked the mobile mechanic right through it. The difference between a reputable dealer and Camping World is unbelievable as well as the difference between manufacturers like Thor and Newmar. On a final note, the Thor Aria had a sticker of $319,000. We used the coach one night and the most any dealer would offer us for it "brand new" was $120,000. All of the other dealers told us they simply would not put it on their lot. Newmar has an excellent reputation and resale value. I had my Ventana for a year, travelled across the country with it for months and sold it for $15,000 less than I paid for it. It is my opinion that buying a better coach from an ethical dealer is actually much cheaper than buying a cheaper coach from an unethical company (Camping World-Gander) and an unethical manufacturer (Thor) and living the nightmare of tremendous financial loss and being miserable each day in a terrible motorhome.
- Timothy T Dunkin SR, South Carolina

2021-10-05 2018 Tiffin Allegro Open Road 36UA View Listings

We have been camping for over 40 years together, and this is by far the best RV we have ever had. Quality throughout, roomy, drives great, and the support from Tiffin is unsurpassed. The extra bath and bunkhouse are game-changers.
- mick mccanna, Michigan