Class A RVs Reviews on RV Insider (3,028)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Class A RVs Reviews and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of these RVs.

James R. Rohan from New York says:

Have you owned any Class A RVs? Write a review

Voted Most Helpful Review 2015 Thor Motor Coach Axis 24.1 View Listings

I have been in camping with RV's for more than 50 years and currently have a 5th wheel and this Axis unit, so I do have some experience with RV's. I purchased this unit in September 2014 and to date have not been able to utilize this unit as designed. I have and currently have so many things go wrong or are wrong that I could not recommend not only this unit but any unit manufactured by Thor. I have not gotten what might be considered help from Thor to correct issues. The latest issues are once again with the awning and since having leaking windows is causing de-lamination of a inside wall. I have filed under NY's lemon law to have the unit returned and get all monies that I have spent returned. I cannot and will not recommend this unit or any other unit manufactured by Thor.
- James R. Rohan, New York

2020-01-24 2017 Tiffin Allegro 34PA View Listings

Unimpressed with the quality and warranty from Tiffin motorhome. My interior wall is buckling and the panels on both sides are popping off. Called the manufacturer and their response was the walls were built first and when they put the roof on the weight will sometimes Buckle the wall. Obviously the walls are not being built strong enough. Poor workmanship on tiffin's part. Because I'm a second owner and it's three years old they would not do anything about it. Will probably looking at a different manufacturer next time.
- , Florida

2020-01-23 2016 Jayco Precept 31UL View Listings

We traveled all the way to Florida and back with no issues. It has a very comfortable living space since 2 slides make the area very roomy. The TV lowers into a pocket so that there is extra light during the day. 4 door refrigerator gave us ample space to carry a lot of groceries. Heating and cooling great. Wardrobe and drawers offer great storage. The kitchen is a great configuration with an an extra pennisula for prep work We flat towed a Jeep Trailhawk with no problems. It made no difference in mileage. It is a pretty quiet ride and the J drive made for a stable travel. Having auto jack leveling, electric awning, GPS, outdoor entertainment center and an auto crush sewer made for easy camp break down. We have enjoyed the the smaller overall length because we were able to stay in any campground except in National Parks because most are 28 to 30 feet or less. We had a diamond shield covering put on when we purchased the RV and it has made it easy to keep clean. It has been a pleasure to travel in. I'm only selling it because I no longer have someone to travel and enjoy the sites of the US.
- Naomi Dawes, Washington

2020-01-23 2016 Tiffin Allegro Bus 37AP View Listings

We had originally considered a 40' Phaeton but decided on the 37AP Allegro Bus because of the 450 HP engine. This bus drives like a sports car! It takes mountain switchbacks handles in traffic like no other motor home I've ever driven. The nice features like key-less entry, upgraded entry steps, heated floors, etc made feel like a home. My wife and I spent 6 months out of the year travelling all over the country in this motor home, towing a Ford F150 without any issues. She even felt comfortable driving it because it is so easy to handle. The size makes it acceptable in many parks where the larger tandem wheeled beasts aren't allowed. Another benefit of the 37AP. I would highly recommend it, especially the 2016 model (which had very few warranty issues over the 4+ years we've owned it).
- Michael Alberts, Florida

2020-01-23 2017 Holiday Rambler Vacationer 36Y View Listings

Personally, I'm very sad to see how rapidly our coach has fallen apart. It is stored indoors for majority of the year, but we have had many issues with it including driving/handling, outlets & lights not working, slides not working properly all the time, awning broke multiple times, trim falling off, weather striping around slide and cubby's falling off, lock to main door malfunctioning, and other items quit working. We have had the majority of these items fixed multiple times at General RV, however they are still a problem. At this point neither REV/Holiday Rambler or General RV will stand behind their workmanship and fix their "repairs" that are still broken. I would not recommend this coach. And sadly, our family loves to travel but with all these continual problems it makes our trips frustrating.
- Jen Gorski, Michigan

2020-01-23 2016 Newmar Ventana 3709 View Listings

Newmar is one of the best Coaches made and the 3709 is a great floor plan with 1 and 1/2 baths and when open it is a Fantastic layout! Outside TV and stereo plus easy access to electric outlets make outdoor setup easy and comfortable.2016-2019 Ventana has a new look with Updated Front and Rear Caps and Graphics. This model is available with many upgrades that gives it all the Luxuries of the million dollar RV's
- Jim Newcomb, Florida

2020-01-23 2017 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 35E View Listings

Stay away from Fleetwood products! Junk always some issue Go to factory tour and see no quality control wish we had gone on one before we bought it! Bad designs which you don’t realize until you start living in one
- Pam and Dale Hendrickson , Indiana

2020-01-22 2000 Itasca Horizon 36LD View Listings

We have made several trips across country from South Florida to Seattle, Washington and California to visit family. RV was very reliable. The Cat Diesal engine kept us rolling up hills and mountains without a problem. Set up so while I am driving my wife can go to kitchen and make me lunch or get a drink. Very comfortable bed. Extra storage room in a pull out pantry for food. We recently had an overhaul done before going on our last trip to Washington and back to south Florida. Never had a problem. Cant beat the price for a very reliable RV.
- Lewis Knapper, Florida

2020-01-22 2018 Thor Motor Coach Axis 25.4 View Listings

Bot new one year ago. AC heat went out immediately. Seemed to be a fuse problem. The dealer is 50 miles away so I took it to a local repair company. Fixed at my expense, then happened again, same fix. It then had 3000 miles on it and we took it to CA from Dallas. It was quite cold last month and the ac/heat went out again on the way and we had to buy a small space heater to survive the discomfort. Next thing the slide out failed. Fortunately it quit after it was closed. The space allowed here won't let me detail all the things wrong. My list of repairs for the service dept had 14 items on it. The service writer recognized my issues as predictable for the model but wouldn't comment further. He didn't need to. So many details wrong inside that I won't bore you with the list, suffice it to say that it is very cheaply constructed. They apparently wanted to offer it as an inexpensive entry point for a class A RV. To do so they cut many corners to hold the price down. I bought it for my wife and she is so disappointed. Pretty sad. Hate the thing and will trade it off, at great loss I'm sure.
- Edgar LIncoln, Texas

2020-01-22 2018 Thor Motor Coach Vegas 27.7 View Listings

Great MotorCoach that allows for family fun! Enjoyed trips to Colorado, Montana, South Dakota, and Illinois. Plenty of room for six people. Nice features, such as rear viewing! Three TV's. The one outside is great for tailgating. Easy to drive, too!
- Chris, Iowa

2020-01-21 2017 Holiday Rambler Admiral XE 26D View Listings

This is a great rig for first time travelers or for downsizing. We are sorry we have to hangup the keys due to health and age. The rig is easy to drive and park at Walmart. I loved having the split bath. Storage, oh my! enough room for all your tools and mama's stuff, too.It tows very well and climbs mountains with ease. We will miss rambling in the Holiday Ramler.
- Brenda, Florida

2020-01-21 2018 Winnebago Vista LX 30T View Listings

Great handling RV with sufficient power to climb any mountain pass. The Vista LX 30T has an open floor plan, an easy to use buffet table with hidden tv, overhead bunk and long lasting full body paint. The 30T comes with a 5000 lb hitch and tows really easy.
- Greg, Oregon

2020-01-21 2008 Fleetwood Discovery 40X View Listings

This Motorhome is awesome in most every way. Quality of finishes, comfort of seating, square footage available, floor plan, room in the bathroom for bigger people. Storage everywhere, Semi's don't bother you when traveling down the road.
- kenneth gourley, Texas

2020-01-21 2017 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 27.2 View Listings

Wonderful, easy to operate motor coach.This rig has all the power necessary to tow my car or motorcycle without forfeiting control and a whole lot of gas mileage. Very full featured, we have enjoyed every mile.
- Aaron Gersh, Arizona

2020-01-20 2005 Newmar Northern Star 3933 View Listings

I had three Class A motorhomes, One gas and two diesels. Both diesels were Newmars. I found Newmars to be a quality product and the support folks in Nappanee Indiana they build a great product. Northern Star was only built in 2004 and 2005, it has higher ceilings then most Class A motorhomes and with four slides it is very roomy. I have found this unit to need minimum maintenance and service costs less that my last model.
- Ron, Georgia

2020-01-19 2019 Thor Motor Coach Freedom Traveler A30 View Listings

Purchased it July 2019, 1 minor problem. In shop 1 day. Love the layout, plenty of power. Thor has a 800 help line if need. Easy to drive and wife drives it. Love the one big slide. The steps coming in the motor home is easy on ours hips.
- Ward, Alabama

2020-01-19 2020 Newmar Ventana 4037 View Listings

This is our 4th Newmar (Bay Star, Canyon Star, Ventana) and now another Ventana. Canyon Star (gas) at 40 feet just didn’t have enough power for our needs. Had a few minor problems but all fixed on the rigs but we have talked to lots of folks over the last 15 years on the road and every brand has their share of problems. There is not a brand out there without issues. Some are production problems, some like a/c units are model problems and some are definitely owner caused problems. We have not had problems with getting it serviced but we did have a service writer that did not listen to us (twice,)but you will find that anywhere. Yes, next one will probably be a Newmar unless Winnebago management ruins the company. Yes, we have friends that swear by their Winnebago Horizons and others that swear at them!
- Keith Moes, Oregon

2020-01-18 2017 Holiday Rambler Scepter 43G View Listings

factory service has been great. i drove an other rv this last week and was shocked how poor that rv rode, drove and accelerated. same class a however very different. hr has always been a good quality rv company now they are part of the rev group which has meant better service. towing with the coach you will not know the tow vehicle is there. great product great floor plan.
- bc can, Alabama

2020-01-18 2017 Thor Motor Coach Challenger 37TB View Listings

Our family of 5 loved our Thor Challenger. We've traveled all over and made such great memories. The layout was great, and having a second bathroom for our young girls was very helpful. The drop down bunk was a perfect personal sleeping space area for our older son, and the overall feel was quite roomy. Our favorite features included, the residential refrigerator, tons of storage, king bed, bunkhouse, extra half bath, driving comfort, 2 awnings, outdoor entertainment system, layout, comfort, dining booth,and more. We bought it brand new, and obviously we had a punch list of items that needed to fixed. If we did it all over again, we would buy the same brand & model, but 2 or 3 years old. It is from our experience personally, and in talking with others, that buying used is the way to go. By the time you get a used rig, the first/second year kinks get all worked out by Thor & their warranty support.
- Katherine Pack, Pennsylvania

2020-01-17 2006 Fleetwood Bounder Diesel 38S View Listings

No experience with this Rv just looking how solid is this unit has high mileage is this a one owner who make this Rv unity is is battery in unit is old is this three slides out do you take trade in tell me how loan work
- Wayne Perkins , Alabama

2020-01-16 2016 Jayco Alante 26AX View Listings

For only being total 28ft long the livability is very friendly. The sleeping accommodations for 4 adults, one being a queen size drop down bed and the other being a slide out bedroom with a queen size bed and 2 children are perfectly situated for maximum privacy. The features found on this coach are usually only found on much larger more expensive coaches. Simple things like a glass shower door and more elaborate amenities such as a solid one piece fiberglass roof, 2 roof mounted air conditioners, 3 flat screen tvs , including one in an outdoor entertainment center. Large one piece windshield and the J ride upgraded suspension makes this coach easy to control and very comfortable for long drives. This unit comes with a tow dolly and the rear view camera makes towing your car both simple and safe. This coach is like new you must see it to believe it.
- Joseph Miller, Louisiana

2020-01-15 2017 Jayco Alante 31V View Listings

This is a very livable Motorhome with lots of storage space both inside and out. Plenty of storage in the bedroom with 12 drawers and two large closets. A large pantry in the kitchen with overhead cabinets plus the lower cabinets provides great storage for your groceries and cooking and eating utensils. The LED lighting throughout provides a bright atmosphere and does not add much to the electrical load. It looks sharp moving down the road and drives like a dream. It is the 4th Class A motorhome I have owned and by far the most comfortable to drive because of the exclusive Jayco J ride Suspension. There is minimal sway from passing trucks and quick, positive steering keeps it steady in the driving lane. It has a short turning radius for easy maneuvering in the campground or city streets. The full length awning makes sitting outside a pleasure, especially while watching the outside TV. Meal preparation is very easy with the spacious counter and proximity of the stove, refrigerator, and sink. I have added an additional grab bar on the left side of the door for added safety and ease of entering and exiting for someone that may have physical limitations. Traveling with extra people is no problem with the drop down bunk in the cockpit area. This easily accommodates two adults. The dinette will make into a bed for another adult or two children. With the slideouts deployed you don't feel like you are constantly bumping into one another. The addition of the electric recliner sofa makes watching the opposite wall mounted TV a comfortable occasion. This sofa can also be used as a bed for two adults. The automatic hydraulic leveling system makes setting up in a campground very quick and easy. The only things left are the utility hookups and you are ready to enjoy life. All in all, this is a very comfortable RV and the only reason I am selling it is my age and health issues. Otherwise you would be passing me on some highway here in the U.S.
- Robert Geesler, Florida

2020-01-15 2012 Monaco Vesta 35PBD View Listings

Super comfortable, great power, good fuel economy. Head turner! High quality finishes, excellent storage space inside and below. Two slide outs, spacious cockpit and interior. We have really enjoyed this one!
- Leslie Bertucci, Louisiana

2020-01-15 2004 Monaco Safari Cheetah View Listings

We purchased the coach new in 2004, We have had no major issues. Maintenance yes, as you have on all. I have totally upgraded interior, residential fridge, 2000 pure sine magnum inverter. Recently replaced water heater convection microwave oven also wash machine. Tires and batteries a couple years ago. We always tow a vehicle. Usually around 8 mpg. All depends on the wind.. nothing wrong with coach, just want a larger one..
- Roger Krumvieda, Arizona

2020-01-14 2006 Alfa Founder 36F View Listings

Purchased this motorhome and have owned it for 5 years. The only downfall was the blistering in the fiberglass which was a known problem on these coaches. Once this was repaired, it is one of the best handling and driving motorhomes I have ever had. Super tall ceilings inside and huge cabinet space.
- Mike Ferrugia, Texas