Class A Reviews on RV Insider (3,662)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Class A RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

James R. Rohan from New York says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2015 Thor Motor Coach Axis 24.1 View Listings

I have been in camping with RV's for more than 50 years and currently have a 5th wheel and this Axis unit, so I do have some experience with RV's. I purchased this unit in September 2014 and to date have not been able to utilize this unit as designed. I have and currently have so many things go wrong or are wrong that I could not recommend not only this unit but any unit manufactured by Thor. I have not gotten what might be considered help from Thor to correct issues. The latest issues are once again with the awning and since having leaking windows is causing de-lamination of a inside wall. I have filed under NY's lemon law to have the unit returned and get all monies that I have spent returned. I cannot and will not recommend this unit or any other unit manufactured by Thor.
- James R. Rohan, New York

2021-01-24 2005 Fleetwood Bounder Classic 34M View Listings

We are selling this rv due to health problems. This is the best coach we had. Big ref with ice maker. Two air cond. Great heat system. Atwood leveling and has Bank Power .Mileage is 55731.1 great generator 3 slides makes big living area.Engine is a Ford.Must see has a lot and has own garage. In Deltona Fl
- Carol, Florida

2021-01-24 2015 Tiffin Allegro Bus 37AP View Listings

I love everything about our Tiffin Allegro Bus 37 AP. The handling, the ease of handling the different amenities, floor plan, amazing kitchen with Dishwasher, cook top, residential refrigerator, storage. To many to mention here. And towing is a breeze
- Joe Baca, Arizona

2021-01-23 2013 Tiffin Phaeton 40QTH View Listings

The quality and comfort of this coach is incredible. Tiffin builds one of the best coaches in the industry. We have enjoyed our time using it. It is easy to set up and is remarkably easy to drive and maneuver. Once set up, you have all the comforts of home wherever you are!
- Mike Baize, Arizona

2021-01-21 2014 Thor Motor Coach Hurricane 34J View Listings

All furniture is pealing Good afternoon. Sorry to hear that you’re having these issues with your furniture inside your motorhome. But based on the year of this vehicle and the info I have collected from our system and at this time Thor will not be able to assist you with getting these pieces recovered or replaced for you at this time. You can though try and reach out to the vendor who did recover these pieces for us and see if there is anything they can or can’t do for you. I have listed them below for your records. I do apologize for this inconvenient but at this time Thor cannot offer anything more towards this issue. Thanks and have a great day. LIPPERT COMPONENTS/LEXINGTON FURNITURE Best regards, Daniel “Shane” Smith Thor Motor Coach
- Gerald Meineke, Maryland

2021-01-21 2018 Jayco Alante 31V View Listings

Driving is never a issue always towing my little car. Will get 10 mph while towing but I only drive / tow 60 mph. Sleeps 5-6 people. 2 should smaller or kids. Johnny Walker RV has always did the service and warranty work.
- Christopher Torres, Nevada

2021-01-19 1997 National RV Dolphin 536S View Listings

I had them come out to look at my furnace had no power to it they came out the tech person they have look all through the camper looking for my coverter they didn't now that a inverter/charger is my coverter so they let me a bill for $375 and furnace still don't work $150hr for tech that doesn't no anything
- Steve burt, Minnesota

2021-01-19 2001 Fleetwood Southwind 32V View Listings

I have owned my 32V Southwind since I bought in new in May 2001. Have 82,000 miles on it and raised my boys in it with my wife on travels all over the western US. Still going strong. Still looking and driving like new. Fantastic choice. Hope to get at least another 8 -10 years.
- Andy, Oregon

2021-01-16 2000 Country Coach Affinity 42DS View Listings

2000 was the first year for the dynomax chassis, and Prevost front independent suspension. I traded a 1996 Affinity on a Gilig chassis, no comparison to the 2000. I have opened the 2000 for 2 years, drove over 7000 miles last year with ease. I could not be more pleased, same chassis used until the end of CC. This radiator is steel not aluminum that will leak over time.
- Tom Buka, Florida

2021-01-16 2012 Coachmen Mirada 32DS View Listings

I am in California and Coachmen Mirada RV's I have been enjoying since 2007 when I purchased my first one. I have purchased about 30 used over the years because I am a dealer but the Quality tends to be higher than other brands that I better not mention. The First one I purchased back in 2007 I sold to a Buyer in New Zealand and I ended up selling 9 more to a buyer in Australia. A friend of the Guy I worked with in Australia purchased 20 brand new from Coachmen for roughly 2 million dollars or $100k each at wholesale. They were custom built with a Reverse floorplan so that the entry door was on the left side vs the right. So If you Google search for Coachmen Mirada Australia you will see that this is the model they chose to export over other brands. Ease of use and good quality vs cost are great reasons to choose Coachmen Mirada.
- Mike, California

2021-01-16 2017 Winnebago Vista 29VE View Listings

This Winnebago model was just right for a weekend trip or several months of travel/sightseeing. All the comforts of home with amazing storage. Now that is saying something as I am 6' 7". The vehicle handled great and that included towing a Mini Cooper. Turning radius was fantastic and the ride smooth. It even became smoother when I added an airbag shock system. In addition, the outside kitchen area was so practical and used every trip. With 3 TV's relaxation, movie or sporting events were always available. There are many more bonuses to add but I think you get the picture. Oh, just incase, storage outside compartments are super and easily accessible. The 2017 Winnebago Vista 29 VE is a great unit!
- Jeff Cable, Florida

2021-01-14 2009 Newmar Dutch Aire 4085 View Listings

Amazing rare rv. Well built, real wood cabinets, solid mechine, barely had any issues. Very good size to weight ratio, most 40 foot rvs only have a 360 horsepower, this one has 425. Plenty of power. 4085 is a very nice floor plan with the bathroom accessible from the bedroom or from the front. Feels like a 2015 quality and finishes wise, you would never guess its a 2009. Great value for your money. Would highly reccomend if looking for a nice diesel pusher in the low 100k range.
- Caleb Byers, Florida

2021-01-14 2020 Newmar Bay Star 3014 View Listings

In October of 2020, my wife and I purchased a new Newmar Baystar. We went on a 3 week camping trip soon thereafter. Before leaving, I noted a clicking noise in the awning. The dealer informed me that the awning motor was bad. While I was away, the motor arrived. As soon as we completed our return home we took the motor home back to the dealer. This was on December 4. During the next week, the dealer called and indicated that the new motor was bad. They would need to order another one. About a week and a half later, the dealer retuned my call. Once again, the third motor now was bad. That was last week. Again, another motor was ordered. This was the third motor ordered. A couple of days ago, I called the service manager to find out the status on the last awning motor. She was unsure when the motor would arrive, but did inform me that their dealership had another Newmar with the same issue. Not only that, they had ordered 11 or 12 of these motors and all were bad. I have talked to Newmar until I am blue in the face. I asked them to send 2 or 3 motors at the same time. They refused. One of their reps did some research and found that the awning motor vendor had produced a bad batch of motors. Duh!!! I recommended that Newmar should find out when, where, and how many of these motors were built and have them recalled. The rep thought that sounded good, but did not suggest that he would pursue such a matter. This issue has been going on for 6 weeks now and my rv has been at the dealership during this time. After reading reviews on this website, however, I have discovered that even back in 2017 Newmar was having awning motor issues. One even indicated that it took two years to get the problem resolved. Evidently, like many corporations, Newmar seems only concerned about selling rather expensive motor homes, but really has no interest in resolving a very obvious problem. I would assume that a company with the reputation of Newmar would do what it needed to remedy a problem, even if they had to dump one vendor and find another. After all, customers are the people paying big bucks to drive motor homes, not the vendor who cannot produce an operable part, nor makes any attempt to correct the flaw in their design. This is unacceptable. My advice to future buyers of Newmar rvs is to check the awning and make sure it works before purchasing. If there is a problem, run like hell to escape a vehicle with long term problems.
- David, Colorado

2021-01-10 2002 Fleetwood Southwind 35R View Listings

I love my RV, we bought it at an auction and have had nothing but good things to say. I have been very happy with the layout, dependability, features, and well made. We have thought of getting a newer model, but we feel so happy with what we have we are just revamping the inside with fresh carpet, paint, etc. It is sturdy and the very minimal issues with engine. Definitely don't make them like they used to, so we are sticking with out 2002 Southwind.
- Mina Trevis, California

2021-01-10 2021 Tiffin Allegro Open Road 36LA View Listings

This is the best RV I’ve ever owned. Tiffin has unsurpassed quality and attention to servicing the customer. One of the few companies left that really cares about its customer. The ride is smooth, especially for a gas coach. Tons of upgrades and features that remind you the quality is high. Very roomy and cozy.
- Mike Jones, Florida

2021-01-08 2015 Tiffin Allegro RED 38QBA View Listings

This motorhome has a great floor plan. Is in pristine condition, and many extras and lots of storage space. Comfortable sleeping for 7-8 grown people. T.V’s in living area, bedroom, and outside. Fridge is large and fits large dishes.
- Matthew, Michigan

2021-01-06 2019 Tiffin Allegro Open Road 34PA View Listings

All I can saw, is that this motor home was a $200,000.00 rolling piece of really, really poor manufacture. How the heck this got let out of the plant, is beyond me. The design is super. The used chewing gum and bailing wire to put it together. Took coach to FMCA Minot rally. The Tiffin head of Customer Service was there. Spoke with him directly, 3 times. He declined to take a few minutes to come and look at our issues. Dealership keep the coach for 8 weeks during the summer travel time, and did nothing. Waiting for parts, they told me. We sold it this past August. Scared to take it on the road. Took a $70,000.00 value hit, but glad to get it gone. Never again to acquire a Tiffin unit.
- james.sparke, Minnesota

2021-01-06 2020 Jayco Alante 29S View Listings

OK, I read all these negative comments and had to supply my own. Everything positive with the Jayco quality. 2020, 6 months of use, and 7,000 miles and no Jayco issues at all. Everthing worked as it should when it should. I am sorry for the problems others have had but we are good.
- Robert, Florida

2021-01-05 2007 Winnebago Tour 40FD View Listings

The Winn Tour has been dependable and enjoyable. The diesel engine is great at towing. The inside furnishings have remained in good condition. The A/C is still working good after all these years. Never had any problem with the engine and other components of the chassis.
- Jeff Derby, Georgia

2021-01-03 2019 Thor Motor Coach Palazzo 36.1 View Listings

Don’t buy Thor , my new Palazzo has been in for repair 6 times ! The most recent involved a soft floor in the kitchen slide , technician told me floor was too thin to support slide ! Turned in bill to Thor and because I’m just beyond 1 year warranty they won’t pay !! No more Thor products for me !!
- Jim Danbom, Iowa

2021-01-03 2016 Winnebago Adventure 37F View Listings

Absolutely love it! We traded in a 2017 Thor Synergy TT24 class C that was nothing but trouble, and the Winnebago has been a wonderful surprise (well, I will admit the Thor had much better gas mileage). The heating is very different. The whole coach was toasty, even the floors, with no hot spots like in the Thor. I love the huge black and gray tanks on the Adventurer, along with the dual bathrooms. Seems like we were dumping the Thor every day. Obviously, going from a C to an A class has many pros and cons. More space, washer and dryer, residential fridge, etc. but less maneuverability and higher fuel costs. Still, I'm SO happy we made the trade!
- Lisa, Georgia

2021-01-03 1994 Fleetwood Bounder 34J View Listings

Livable, drivable, durable. 100% recommend for minimalists. The bathroom could be bigger in my opinion but it’s definitely not that big of a deal for the price and quality. I think the floor plan is fair and it’s the perfect size.
- Mallory Moroney, Florida

2021-01-01 2014 Itasca Sunstar 31KE View Listings

My Itasca Sunstar 31ke has performed perfectly for me. The for V10 runs excellent and nothing has failed me. Excellent purchase....highly recommend this unit for anyone looking to travel cross country with or without family. Shower, hotwater, ac, heat is more than adequate. The unit also has lots of storage and tows with no problems.
- marco, Missouri

2021-01-01 2017 Thor Motor Coach Outlaw 37RB View Listings

I bought this RV brand new at North Trail RV in Fort Myers, FL. I used about 5 times the most and it has only 12k miles. I don't even know where to start. All I know is that I will NEVER buy a Thor product again and that's a promise. Everything is of very, no, extremely low quality. The seats are destroyed, the slide motors (even after they were replaced) are failing, the cabinets (OMG) are falling apart, the auxiliary motor and module for the tank broke, the back door had issues, the batteries failed, the suspension is making noise, the roof has a leak, and the list goes on. I hope Thor will contact me so I can enumerate everything. All I can say is, don't buy Thor. And I visited their plant to see the manufacturing . Imagine if I hadn't.
- Dercilio Oliveira, Florida

2020-12-27 2014 Tiffin Allegro Bus 37AP View Listings

Reliable RV! The floor plan was perfect for our travels. An automatic awning makes it very easy to mind it during rain or wind. Dishwasher, washer and dryer, electric stove, heated floors, 3 air conditioners, 4 TVs , kitchen style refrigerator. Many amenities to mention. Very reliable warranty with helpful guides by phone to manufacturer.
- Joe Baca, Arizona