Forest River Rockwood Mini Lite RVs Reviews (28)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Forest River Rockwood Mini Lite RVs Reviews and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of these RVs.

Randy from Oregon says:

Have you owned any Forest River Rockwood Mini Lite RVs? Write a review

Voted Most Helpful Review 2015 Forest River Rockwood Mini Lite 1809S View Listings

We haven't had our new RV long enough to give a complete review but what we know now is all good. We bought the trailer 300 miles from home so we were able to experience how will it tows from the very beginning. It tows very easy with our V6 Xterra and even though I did have time to fine tune the hitch set-up it tow and handled great. It’s a small trailer but with the slide out it opens up and has plenty of room for my wife and I and our large (80lb) dog. Quality seems to be on par with most of the trailers in its class but the fit and finish seem to be a step above. Some of the little extras that you usually don't see on trailers of this price level like the heated tanks and drain line are a real plus.
- Randy, Oregon

2019-11-30 2018 Forest River Rockwood Mini Lite 2507S View Listings

I have had our unit on the road for two seasons now. We had a tremendous numbers of problems with the unit but I have to say after taking back to the factory in Indiana from Ontario the issues were repaired very well. Our dealer in Ontario was useless in addressing the priblems We had water leaks, damaged cabinates, leaking cargo hatches, poor fitting trim, locks that didn't work,a ceiling fan that had no power to it, a water pump that was not attached to the floor, etc etc. I attribute most of the problems to the dealer not doing a proper if any PDI. Finally when they said the problems were too much for them I spoke to the factory in Indiana. To speed repairs along I towed it to the repair facility, they paid my costs and I could not be happier with the service, the attitude and the repairs. Bravo. Not so much for the dealer. Since the first season we have not had any problems. So kudos to the factory for taking care of my troubles.
- Paul Sprague, Ontario

2019-11-16 2019 Forest River Rockwood Mini Lite 2506S View Listings

I purchased a 2019 Rockwood Mini Lite 2506s about a year and a half ago and have a great deal of issues with it, more than I think I should have. I use it a lot and don't have time to let it sit in the repair shop. I did send it in once for a long list of repairs and all was taken care of then. But other stuff keeps happening. I am very dissatisfied. Here is a list of problems I have had: Screws fell out of light over dinette. Screws fell out of glass cover on range. Shower plumbing not connected properly. Radio stopped output to soundbar. Satellite cable inop. Was replaced. Outside steps came loose. Slide-out crooked. Kitchen sink fell, came unglued. Roof air conditioner very noisy, rattles. Tank level sensors are inaccurate, normal for industry. Corner cabinet in bedroom pulling loose. Front window blind won't go up. String knotted. Rear window blind won't stay up, falls down. Kitchen sink faucet has low water flow. After some repairs were done a couple of other things have cropped up. The cable tv cable is inop The 12 volt panel above tv is inop Design flaws are as follows: Range in outdoor kitchen is to high to use. Can't get around bed in rear to be able to access cabinet. Not enough room. Medicine cabinet off center form sink. Hard to use, look into. TV should be on a swivel bracket. Can't watch easily from dinette. Locks on outside storage compartments are hard to open.
- Dale Mechelke, Wisconsin

2019-10-09 2019 Forest River Rockwood Mini Lite 2509S View Listings

This is our 2nd travel trailer. After searching for 1 1/2 years for just the right rig we have been very happy with our purchase. The slide dinette adds so much room. No longer does our camper feel like a hallway on wheels. Living space is terrific. The murphy bed IS a bit of a hassle and climbing into and out of it is a bit harder than we thought it would be but it adds so much room to a shorter trailer that we can't complain. The couch is acceptable for sitting and reading. Double bunk beds are great and the ready storage under the bottom bunk is very handy. The trailer is outfitted nicely with better than average fixtures. Cupboards are strong. We have added shelves where we can to provide better storage. A/C and furnace work great. Vents in the bathroom would have been nice. Speaking of the bathroom, the toilet is a creaky plastic model and, since the top of the door is 4" from the ceiling, there isn't a lot of modesty when "using the facilities". Anyone in the camper knows what you are doing. The MaxxFan does a terrific job of cooling the camper off in the evening. Thus the 4" gap above the door. The water pump is a 4-stage pump that us supposed to make it feel like your house water pressure. Meh. Took some adjusting of pressure settings to make it work good. But I still feel it's lacking in volume. The shower head is pretty crummy. Last complaint: The outdoor cooktop is pretty poor. I removed it. Somehow I'm going to find a way to permanently install a propane Coleman in its place on the drawer. The stock burner is VERY (!!) slow to heat up and then the actual burner length under the grid is only about 6" long. Now to Pros: WIFI Ranger, Stove/Oven, power awning, TV, hardwood cabinets, Ginormous fresh water tank; all make for relaxing vacations. Many small accessories that I didn't even notice until we lived in it for a week. Fit and finish are superb. While speed of manufacturing is evident here and there, Forest River did a great job. I would recommend this camper to anyone looking for a step up from the bargain trailers.
- Jim D., Michigan

2019-08-26 2019 Forest River Rockwood Mini Lite 2512S View Listings

We feel terrible that we have to sell it, but we rather sell it and let someone else enjoy it. We thought we would use it more since we bought it. The RV is made very well and tows great.Don't know it's back there. Easy to set up and easy to get in and out of gas stations. We would not be selling it if we had more time to use it. Myself and my wife and I are back into the workforce. We would definitely buy another one in the future when we are not working full-time.
- Larry Larson, Alabama

2019-08-11 2019 Forest River Rockwood Mini Lite 2507S View Listings

solid construction, space saver murphy queen bed, good size shower and bath room, outside 2nd kitchen with stove refer and sink.and plenty of storage. tows easy with a f-150 ford truck, A+++++++++++++
- Everett Vestal, California

2019-07-17 2018 Forest River Rockwood Mini Lite 2304KS View Listings

We had problems with the slide the cable was inprober installed and the slide stoped moving there is no other way then to call road side assistance and payed $ 1600 Well what I’m trying to say if the would have installed the options to use a manual crank to crank it in. If I had know what i have now I would not recommend a rockwood
- Barbara bendert , Texas

2019-07-16 2019 Forest River Rockwood Mini Lite 2109S View Listings

Bought new in February 2019. Since then caulking coming away, sink fell out, stovetop burner fell out and the gas line broke away , screen door latch would not line up causing problem closing main door, steps cannot fold away properly or else door will not close. Sink and burner happened while traveling. Poor response to our request for help. Worst RV purchase we ever made. Things happen but should be able to get help and honor the warranty.
- Debbie, Washington

2019-06-30 2010 Forest River Rockwood Mini Lite 1809S View Listings

This unit is shamefully overpriced! This is a used 2010 for Pete's Sake! Before you look at this one, compare the prices for similar units across the country, one just like this one just sold for $8,000 in Pennsylvania!
- JB, Virginia

2019-05-13 2018 Forest River Rockwood Mini Lite 2104S View Listings

We purchased our 2018 Rockwood Mini Lite 2104S in the spring of 2017 from a dealer in our area. It met our needs for a lighter trailer that a small truck (Chevy Colorado) could pull. This one is neat and tidy. It's pretty compact. I have to admit, we don't use a lot of the bells and whistles like the TV and radio, or even the oven we opted for, so I can only speak to some features. The love seat is very nice and comfortable. The mattress on the Murphy bed is comfortable as well, not cheap. The shower is roomy enough. The power lighted awning is fantastic! Lots of room under it for a picnic table and or chairs. The super slide and the dinette are a good size but setting up and breaking down the table is hard so 2 people tackle it. The fridge is big and the pantry next to it holds a lot. We have used the mattress heaters a couple of times and they made a cold night cozy. My husband tows it well enough with the weight distribution hitch we opted for but he still is not a fan of driving with a load behind him. This trailer is ideal for 2 people and would be pretty cozy with a couple of kids thrown in. My biggest challenge as a short person is accessing the wardrobes next to the bed in part because the nightstands are big. I have to climb up to get my clothes.
- gptraveler, Massachusetts

2019-02-17 2017 Forest River Rockwood Mini Lite 2507S View Listings

This has been the perfect RV trailer for us and our dog. The Murphy bed gives us a living room space during the day and the dinnet slide out gives us plenty of room in the kitchen. The outdoor kitchen allows us the pleasure of spending more time outside. The storage space is fantastic. Easy to tow and easy to set up.
- Steven , Florida

2019-02-13 2016 Forest River Rockwood Mini Lite 2306 View Listings

Great unit and served us well. My 2008 Toyota Tacoma (6 cylinder)pull it with ease when it was loaded (5600 lbs-wet).The electric brakes worked flawlessly. We had "an adjustment period" downsizing from a large 5th wheel to a smaller unit, Unfortunately, health declined even more and we have to give up traveling. Although 2 1/2 years old it is still like brand new and will serve well for a number of years.
- Ed Keller, California

2019-02-04 2017 Forest River Rockwood Mini Lite 2104S View Listings

This is a great trailer. It is well designed and constructed and has lots of features not often found on a trailer this size. The Murphy bed and power slide make it amazingly roomy. It has a full bath with an enclosed shower, a large refrigerator, separate oven and microwave, power awning, an exterior mounted portable gas BBQ, an indoor/outdoor tv and sound system, pass though storage and dual propane tanks. Everything is well thought out and works as intended. We have truly enjoyed this trailer.
- Jay, California

2018-08-23 2018 Forest River Rockwood Mini Lite 2109S View Listings

Sofa sleeper has to be worst on the market. Very short length at 4’ 6”. The back cushions are 6” puffier/higher than the seat cushions, so when opened, it creates a two-leveled sleeping area. There is also a 12” gap between the back cushions and the outside wall, creating a possible hazard should a child become wedged into the gap. Nothing is provided to fill the gap, so the consumer is left to jerry rig it for sleeping. We replaced the entire cheap, plastic, sqeaky toilet. Windows barely open to catch a breeze, but will work well when it’s raining. Let’s face it, like many products, they’ve cheapened them up. We do love the Indigo decor and exterior color, and are very happy to have our own place vs hotel rooms.
- Robin, Michigan

2018-08-04 2018 Forest River Rockwood Mini Lite 2109S View Listings

We purchased this camper in April after extensive researching. What we like about the camper is the roominess of the camper and all the lighting. A lot of the features look classy and quality made. The air condition unit is awesome. We like the outside grill that comes with the camper and is easily attachable to the outside. Also the inside tv that can be detached and hung outside for outside viewing and the bluetooth enabled DVD/stereo system. What we have found to be our dislikes so far. The bathroom is very small. Not much room to maneuver around in. The shower is big enough for me 5’9” 190lb guy to stand and shower in, but not too much extra room to turn around in when drying off. The couch is nice with cup holders on either arm rest. But other than that, it is very uncomfortable to sit on for any length of time. (Unless maybe you are a short person.) I tried putting the couch down into the pullout bed and it felt like I would roll off. Because it leans downwards towards the front of the couch bed. Not the best feature of this camper. The standard queen size bed with flip up front for underneath storage seemed like a great feature. But after only our third trip in using the camper the top board to the storage ripped right out of the upper frame of the bed and cause the one hydraulic arm to bend. (Looking like we will need to have repaired under warranty. Since we are still under warranty. Will followup how that goes for their warranty work.) The corner cabinets a side of the bed are nice. Though owner’s warning! Be careful when in bed and placing things on the shelf along side the bed. I have hit my head on the sharp corner of the upper cabinet a few times. (OUCH! That hurts.) The two outside features that we noticed are odd. The satellite/cable and electric plug hookup is right below and to the right of the outside shower. Hmmm, outside water showering while standing next to the electric and cable hookup! Smart thinking there by the engineers. Then the other odd thing. The city water inlet connection is right about the storage door to access the water filter and line hoses to the water heater. So, when you try to open this door and keep open by the magnetic strip above. It can’t stay open because your hose hookup is above this area and blocking you from getting the door close enough to stay open with the magnet. One recommendation for the battery. Buy an extra one or two. Because with all the electronics in the camper, drains the battery fast. So, you are left cranking the power jack more than using how it is intended to be used...via the power source. And the hand jack they provide is a nice thought. But it isn’t long enough to crank in a complete 360 degree circle, because of the propane cover blocking the complete rotation with the short handed jack.
- Kevin, Pennsylvania

2018-07-14 2017 Forest River Rockwood Mini Lite 2304 View Listings

This trailer was purchased after reviewing numerous brands and types of RV's. It was decided, since we were not planning on having any extended stays in the trailer, not to seek a trailer with a slide out (since we were not planning on being in the trailer for the most part.) What was important was the size of the toilet/shower area. This trailer beats any comparable unit in that area. With a murphy bed there is more than enough sitting room when bed is up. Trailering this vehicle is easily done with a 1/2ton pickup. a quick summary could say not too short, not too long, not too light but not too heavy. Meets our needs. No warranty or support needed hence only three star rating there.
- Brabo, Missouri

2018-07-05 2017 Forest River Rockwood Mini Lite 2304KS View Listings

This was our first season with an RV and we loved it. We decided to upgrade so we are selling our Mini Lite and upgrading to a larger Rockwood. It is in excellent condition.
- Paula, New York

2018-05-04 2015 Forest River Rockwood Mini Lite 2503S View Listings

I have had this unit for 4 years and use it a lot for both business and pleasure. I have had very few issues with it. It is easy to maintain and it has maintained its structural integrity better than my previous TT by another manufacturer. I would recommend it to anyone who wants a midsize TT for 2 people. More than that...nope!I esoecially love the large bath. Easy to tow with large SUV.Enjoy!
- Martha Lang, Iowa

2018-04-09 2015 Forest River Rockwood Mini Lite 2505S View Listings

Best camper! Small for state parks yet roomy enough to “really” sleep 6 people comfortably! If you don’t use the bunks, then you got yourself a walk in closet!! It pulls easily with a 1/2 ton truck. And it even has a slide out!
- Isabella Hose, Minnesota

2017-11-02 2013 Forest River Rockwood Mini Lite 2503S View Listings

We bought this trailer 2 years ago. It was a used model bought from original Purchaser.This is the second Rockwood for us. Overall I am pleased with the unit except for the fact that all the cabinets above the dining booth have come apart. They have all been sent to our cabinetmaker to be reglued As far as I am concerned this is totally unacceptable. There is no reason this should happen.
- Diana McWhorter, Texas

2017-09-25 2017 Forest River Rockwood Mini Lite 2109S View Listings

Overall we like the RV floor plan and amenities. Our biggest problem has been the quality of the running lights. When we got home after taking delivery we were missing a running light lens on the front. Since then we've had to replace 3 more lenses. We have owned this trailer since April 21, 2017 and taken 2 trips and getting ready for another. We're very disappointed in the quality of these running lights! I tried emailing Forest River but their email wouldn't process. I wonder if that's a bad sign?!
- Elinor Parnell, Texas

2017-08-08 2014 Forest River Rockwood Mini Lite 2504S View Listings

We have been very happy with this Rockwood Mini Lite over all. The only issue that we had was the skirting was not well installed with good brackets. After one highway use we had to have strong mettle brackets installed all around the camper to hold and keep the skirting from flapping in the wind and loosing part of it.
- D. Thor, Manitoba

2017-08-03 2018 Forest River Rockwood Mini Lite 2109S View Listings

After countless hours of research my wife and I decided to purchase a Rockwood model# 2109S. We chose this coach due to it's reputation, high end features,and solid construction. All this being said we don't want to get caught up with the new and only time will tell. I would consider upgrading the cheap plastic toilet to porcelain. I would also recommend to Forest River to deepen the slide to accommodate their tri-fold sofa/queen bed for extra functional sleeping space. Beautiful coach overall we purchased a two burner stove that mounts on the outside for us enthusiast that like to cook outdoors. Gas Grill is a bonus.Freshwater, black,and grey, tank levels seem just right for 4-6 day camping trips for two. We discovered Forest River no longer offers extended warranties for around $150.00. Happy Camping!
- Ken & Gail Ingalls, Arkansas

2017-07-19 2017 Forest River Rockwood Mini Lite 2104S View Listings

This unit is not only attractive but built rock solid, while holding weight down. Tows excellent!!! Loaded with features that camping folks come to love! The Murphy bed option is awesome and saves floor space .
- David Simoniello , Missouri

2016-07-17 2013 Forest River Rockwood Mini Lite 2104S View Listings

overall a good little liveable trailer.should get many trouble free camping years out of this trailer.the queen walk around bed is easy to get in and out of sleeps good with factory mattress that come with it.the torsion bar axles is a plus for towing the trailer. on a scale of 1 to 10 i would give it a 8.5
- lester Gall, Oklahoma