I never write negative reviews, I find it distasteful. Do not buy a R Pod- buy Jayco! I have never had such a bad experience. In the first year I had 15 warrantee issues (first 15 issues listed below). I only took it on one significant trip right at the end of the warrantee period due to Covid travel restrictions). I bought a lemon and asked for a 12-month warrantee extension. On our next trip I had a near death experience when the axle broke at 60 MPH. My requests for warrantee extensions were ignored even though we have had 7 water leaks, we have been stranded roadside (out of state) 3 separate times in the first 16 months of ownership. In the past 2 years I have had 40 workmanship failures on my 2020 R Pod 189 (listed below). I am writing a review now only because I just noted the massive bubbling of the paper-thin laminate around the kitchen sink. This is a major blemish that I do not know how to economically fix. I previously owned a Jayco 24 ft trailer for about 10 years with but one problem, (one water pump leak). Buy Jayco, they are built better, their 2-year warrantee is proof they stand by their workmanship. R Pod and Forest River make junk and will not make right when there are problems.
1. Delivery from dealer delayed 2 weeks, Air Conditioner defective, required replacement.
2. Upon pick up- obstructed slide, interior molding needing trimming. Not repaired.
3. On our first outing the heater would not work.
4. Curtain cord undone- curtain inoperable.
5. Rear window curtain would not stay up.
6. P trap disconnected draining water to the cabinet floor on first outing
7. Bathroom door handle loose and almost detached.
8. Shower hot water knob was detached and on the shower floor.
9. Outside door was impossible to close and open.
10. Dump line hanging bracket failed dragged and ruined the valve and cover- left stranded.
11. Two bolts for the entry stairs hanging loose. One was stripped
12. Dump tank retaining strap completely failed (again)- seriously stranded.
13. Rear curtain had dangling valance
14. Adjacent valance screws loose, ready to fail.
15. The rubber bumper on the door was dry rotted upon delivery.
16. Multiple dealer warrantee repairs inadequate- continued failures- I made repairs
17. Two individual steps loose, screws loose, one fell out
18. Fridge control panel repeatably falls off
19. Upper kitchen cabinet support broke
20. Loose screws, misaligned kitchen cabinet door
21. Lower kitchen cabinet doors loose
22. Bath under sink cabinet screws loose on door
23. Screws on exterior storage door not screwed in tight
24. Tear in upholstery caused from opening to bed (opened only twice)
25. Molding not nailed or glued, fell off (side of kitchen countertop)
26. Ball bearings on external stove drawer slide broke
27. Bathroom faucet plastic handle broke
28. Bath fan will not run low speed
29. Axle broke, wheel fell off leaving only spindle- stranded 12 hours, 6 months to repair
30. Water leak on a different drain fitting in bathroom
31. Water leak on hot water tank inlet fitting
32. Outside stove spray fixture line leaking at clamp inside trailer
33. Heater interior grate fell off, one screw not holding anything
34. Multiple screws not holding anything, miss aligned throughout trailer
35. Second hot water tank leak on another outlet fitting
36. Water leak on kitchen sink drain
37. Water leak under bathroom sink from vent when using black water tank rinse
38. Molding fell off by bed where heater space- not glued, 2 misaligned nails.
39. Bathroom upper mirrored cabinet screws loose- door mis aligned
40. Laminate bubbling up around kitchen sink- paper thin laminate