Keystone Alpine Reviews on RV Insider (52)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Keystone Alpine RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Dana Kelley from South Carolina says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2014 Keystone Alpine 3535RE View Listings

I bought this piece of trash in Chesapeake Virginia. The quality of construction is the worst I have seen. I wish I could put pictures on here to show what the issues are. But all I can do is talk about it. Just going try and keep calm when I'm writing this because I have been wanting to do this for sometime and I don't want miss anything. 1. Furnace. 15 degrees temp difference from front of trailer to back. No air blowing out the floor vents in the back living area. No filter for the air and it is open to the belly where NO ONE cleaned up after they installed things. Continues to blow dirt around and there is no excess to the furnace. Techs came out from the dealer and removed and re-routed some duct work. Took about 10 feet of excess duct out of the system. Still no change. 2. Heated belly space. Every spot where wires or hoses went through the frame was not sealed up. This is heated space. Went through 2 tanks of propane in a week. I also have problems with drafts and bugs coming in from these holes in the frame. So much for clean air. 3. The gates for the grey tanks and black water tanks do not function correctly. Hard to pull out and to close. Black water tank gate will not close all the way. The stupid vents they have under the sinks and counters to vent for the waste tanks have malfunctioned a number of time and I have had to leave the trailer a number of times to let the trailer air out. 4. Water control valve has broken. Dealer gave me a new one. Did not install it. 5. Leveling jacks keep leaking down. Had to tighten up many fittings myself and they still leak down. 6. Propane hoses connecting to the tanks leak. Replaced them already. 7. Slid has leaked. Talked to a few dealers about that and they said I needed toppers put on my slides. More money to spend on this thing. They said it is normal to have leaks there. I call BS! After investigating the construction of this trailer I found that the only thing that keeps rain and water from coming in at the slides is two soft rubber seals. Roof material comes to the fascia that touches the wall on the inside. There is a small metal trim that holds the roofing down. Slide sags in the middle and water works it's way under the seals and over the metal trim. BAM!!!! Water soaked inside. 8. The windows were not sealed when they were installed. Single pane and I know there can be a draft coming from the drain vents. I used The window film that you install and heat shrink it to fit the windows. Works good. Found the draft coming in around the window trim. After I looked into that I found out there was no seal around the windows. 9. The microwave was not installed level. 10. The linoleum floor was not glued down and is rippling up. 11. The walls on the slides feel like there is no insulation in them. They are not solid. 12. Crown molding is coming down. 13. The door was not sealed when it was installed. 14. Rubber seal on some of the slides are to short and when it's raining and the wind blows it leaks in around the floor of the slide. The quality of this trailer is a shame. I spent a lot of money on this trying to simplify my life after a divorce and live in this trailer full time. I am sure I missed a few things. The one thing I am sure of is that I will never buy another Keystone product. I know what I mentioned here is not an isolated incident with an upset owner. I met an older couple that bought a smaller Alpine but a year newer than mine and they have the same problems as I do. It also pisses me off that they don't even have a place to put a contact number so they can call you to talk about your issues. Why should they care. They already have their money.
- Dana Kelley, South Carolina

2020-09-05 2014 Keystone Alpine 3010RE View Listings

The Forest River Alpine 3010RE is an awesome trailer. Definately livable. It is top of the line in 5th wheels. Many upgrades and lots of storage in this trailer. Black out shades also. Overall experience is amazing.
- Linda Smith, Florida

2020-08-20 2019 Keystone Alpine 3701FL View Listings

The 5th Wheel tows easily with a Ram 2500, turbo cummins,single axel, w/8ft bed. The 5 slides make for a lot of interior space. The fron living space is large and confortable. The samsung refrige is large. The half bath make is great for intertaining and saves traffic thru the master BR. The master bath is absolutely the best feature. There are 3 sliding doors in this unit. The are NOT pocketdoors. The come down when traveling. Even after installing additional slide guides on the bottom and additional snap straps on all three as well as the half bath tradional door they do not always stay hung as intended. Towing as stated is a dream even with a 2500. No sway. However there is significan bounce on rough roads. Decreasing speed is a must. Pull through sites or very large back in site with lots of turn space are a must. You will find some site unaccessable. Your length truck + trailer will make some areas off limits. This is a great unit for snowbirds and full timers. Overall we love this unit and would rate the overall quality above avereage and much better then some units we have had from other manufacturers.
- John Wiser, Illinois

2020-07-31 2020 Keystone Alpine 3710KP View Listings

We liked the look of the interior,but after delivery lots of deficiencies have been made obvious. Love the small kitchen. Living room furniture and tv are subpar. King size mattress is a joke.like a cheap exercise pad. Closets a d cabinets throughout are too shallow and cheap. Electrical outlets don't work. They have a neutral wiring problem. Like the bath except for the extreme small toilet.The exterior canopies are the worst I have ever seen. They don't open/close properly and one is coming loose at the roof line. I have sent 4 punch list to General RV with this list but Iguess that don't honor the contract. Stay away from the Alpine and General RV of Tampa.
- Dana Haynes , Florida

2020-06-30 2011 Keystone Alpine 3640RL View Listings

Great RV. Nice floor plan, washer & dryer is huge plus for a family. No more sitting in a hot laundry mat at the campground. Two recliners in the rear are great for relaxing. Plenty of storage inside and outside.
- Darrell, Tennessee

2020-06-27 2020 Keystone Alpine 3700FL View Listings

If you’ve ever wanted a $70,000 piece of s**t. Well here you go. Less than a year old. Refrigerator doesn’t work. Hydraulic jacks leak. Motor in reclining chair doesn’t work. So now we can haul this big piece of s**t back to where we bought it an wait to have it repaired. Mind you. This is a brand new trailer
- Jill calhoun, Texas

2020-06-13 2020 Keystone Alpine 3700FL View Listings

Pretty much a $70,000 Dollar piece of s**t. 2020 alpine 5th wheel. Already had trouble with slides. Fridge doesn’t work. Hydraulic jack is leaking. Ya. It’s prolly all covered under warranty. But didn’t go buy a new 70,000 trailer to have to haul it around an have it worked on.
- Jill calhoun, Texas

2020-05-10 2018 Keystone Alpine 3650RL View Listings

Really like the floor plan. Nice we each had our own dresser & closet. Good size shower. Love the island in the kitchen with large/small sink combo. Also has a dishwasher but we never used it. Side by side refrigerator. Free standing table that has a leaf & 2 matching folding dining room chairs that go with the regular chairs. The recliners & sofa are in great shape. It was just the 2 of us. Really can't rate factory warranty/support because we never used it.
- Tom, Nevada

2020-03-09 2020 Keystone Alpine 3700FL View Listings

March 8, 2020 We waited 6 months to get into this floorplan. We have had several RV's, most recently a Montana High Country 343RL. Three weeks into staying in this unit for business out of state and what a load of issues. If I could only post the accompanying pictures, you would be terrified. Let me summarize: 1) 3 major ceiling water leaks. Window in very front has 2" puddle daily when it rains. Water has damaged wood counter and tv below in cabinet. 2 cents rain down inside. 2) no hot water (on demand system) Dealer tested, 78° F peak temperature in shower. Kitchen sink, 4 feet away, lukewarm at best 3) no heat in back bath,I mean zero air flow. Dealer found wrong size BTU furnace was installed into a 43' unit. 4) Trim falling off, several locations throughout 5) Cabinet ball-bearing slides broken on cabinet doors 6) 2nd bath toilet valve broke toilet fills every 45 minutes. 7) Auto level system puts nose on ground/doesn't auto retract 8) wall frozen behind toilet in main bath, to the point water in toilet froze 9) cable in doesn't work 10) satellite was installed incorrectly and is not usable 11) mattress ruined after 2 nights, unusable We have many more issues going on, these are just the major ones. We haven't even made a payment yet! Seriously contemplating the lemon law on this unit. We miss our Montana. Hard to believe both units are made by same company.
- Lawerence , Idaho

2020-01-30 2019 Keystone Alpine 3800FK View Listings

I purchased this RV mainly because of the floor plan. My most current problem is the inside of the front kitchen corner cabinets. They paneled off the corner of the right and left side so I the owner would not see that it was unfinished. I'm currently wintering over in Surprise AZ live in it. Overnight here it has gotten cold and I have noticed cold air as soon I open the cabinet doors. That reason his made my heat bill larger then it should be. Keystone Customer Relations people can not explain to me as to why this is unfinished. They tell me that I have to contact the dealership in which I have purchased it from to make needed corrections. They are just passing off to them for their poor workmanship during its construction phase. I have a good list of issues that I have fixed myself due to that fact that I have to live in this unit while I'm here. Also while I have been living in this RV I keep finding other interesting workmanship issues that Keystone has done to it. I feel that Keystone really lets the consumer down in their quality assurance department in not seeing that their finished product is up too good standards. I do know that I have learned a lesson in doing any further future business with them.
- Alan K. Peterson, North Dakota

2019-09-30 2019 Keystone Alpine 3701FL View Listings

The front cap on are brand new trailer after 3 weeks of use got a crack in the bottom passenger corner where the cap overlaps the side of the trailer. Keystone has given me nothing but grief calling this damage and has denied the claim, after my Dealer made some calls to keystone they approved a bandaid repair, when the cap was pulled back you can see that the cap itself had been repaired and not very good, with Bondo last Time I checked yo can’t use Bondo on fiberglass! The pair shop made the repair and put the cap back on and in doing so it cracked again,it’s amazing that you can spend this kind of money and they treat there Customers like this, they don’t even look at the trailer and denied the claim even after the dealer the paint shop and everyone that has looked at this issue has said the damage was done and than covered up!! Absolute Joke, if I treated my customers like Keystone does I would not be in Business
- Kevin Weaver, California

2019-08-12 2011 Keystone Alpine 3500RE View Listings

The Dometic Refrigerator gaskets on the doors are shot and they are telling me I have to replace the doors and they cost 1600.00 Dometic Customer Service sucks They said the gaskets are glued but mine is not glued it has a groove to the gasket in
- Belinda Rigsby, Louisiana

2019-05-07 2016 Keystone Alpine 3010RE View Listings

We love the floor plan. The rear entertainment area, with a large LED TV, and giant opposing slides provided a great room feel. The two rocking chairs and opposite tri-fold couch (converts to full bed) are comfortable and well situated. The traditional table seats four for dining. There is ample storage throughout. The kitchen has a ton of counter space. The appliances, including a convection microwave, and gigantic dual power refrigerator give a home feel. The bathroom is comfortable. The king sized bed is wonderful. Spacious storage in the master, with washer/dryer hook-ups. The basement is gigantic. The Lipert trailair rotaflex pin box is great. We installed a 5500 Onan generator, which helps with any electrical needs. Keystone has been very responsive, despite our dealer, which has not been helpful. Most issues we've had were caused by the dealer. Overall, we love our Alpine.
- M. James, California

2019-04-13 2014 Keystone Alpine 3450RL View Listings

I never traveled but I loved in my RV 8 months a year. I cooked a lot and this RV has a GREAT KITCHEN lots cabinets a generator is a must have, get a memory foam king mattress as option ,money well spent. A washer dryer combination vented to the out side is a must for the summer to cut back on the humidity. I opted for a third air conditioner one with a heat pump it’s great on a cold MORNING believe me. I have many tagalong, motor homes, and 5 fifth Wheel Rv Non of them could compare to my KEYSTONE ALPINE. I have 60 plus years of Camping And RV,Ing I lie NOT ITS A GREAT LIFE , Plus Friends by the Hundreds TRY IT YOU WILL LOVE IT.
- Tommy, Kentucky

2019-03-29 2017 Keystone Alpine 3010RE View Listings

We bought the trailer in June have only been able to use twice. The trailer has been in the shop for repairs mostly. Advertisers has having 66 gallons of fresh water which is not true. The quality of work in the manufacturing of the trailer sucks, very poor workmanship. Talk about a lemon of a trailer not worth the money.
- Debbie Floyd, Wyoming

2019-03-02 2012 Keystone Alpine 3700RE View Listings

First time RV buyer, I chose this one for the floorplan. It was 3 yrs old. like new and I have had ZERO issues after 3 1/2 yrs, traveling back and forth to Florida. I did buy a five year warranty to cover mechanicals. Everybody thinks new is better but give me an older model; they were built much better
- Helen Toman, Florida

2019-02-16 2019 Keystone Alpine 3701FL View Listings

They have the worst warranty and Reps that I have ever have rhe pleasure of having to deal WITH. They will not fix anything unless you take it to the dealer. I had a certified repair person that does warranty work for other companies look at it and wouthave repair for a fair price. We live in the unit full time and doowant to pack everything just to have a small repair done. I’ll never purchase another Keystone product and will do my best to convince others to stay away from Them!!
- Randy Holton, Texas

2019-01-27 2012 Keystone Alpine 3700RE View Listings

I had never stayed in a fifth wheel before I bought my 2012 Alpine, I was going all in becoming a full timer. I looked at alot of floorplans and this one was perfect. I found it used at a dealer 200 mi away. Drove up, looked at it, spent the night in it and bought it. I've owned it now three and one half years and only glitch was the auto level had to be replaced but covered under an extended warranty.I consider myself very fortunate to have bought this older model when I hear all the problems people who have bought newer(2016 and up) campers ( from many different manufacturers).
- Helen Toman, Florida

2018-10-30 2016 Keystone Alpine 3010RE View Listings

This has been a great trailer. My 2016 Keystone Alpine Fifth Wheel comfortably sleeps 4 people. Comes with a Center kitchen with Chairs, Rear living area and Center bathroom. Full-Size refrigerator, 2 TVs and more. Fully transferable warranty, two A/C's and is in great shape. I also had the polyurethane protective coating added and you wont find a better deal on a used trailer. Contact me for details.
- Chad Vanek, Texas

2018-10-17 2015 Keystone Alpine 3010RE View Listings

We love the RV. The living space and storage available is great for long time usage. We have had no issues or had to take it in for maintenance. The RV handles well while towing .... no complaints. We are “happy campers”!
- John Gauci, Michigan

2018-09-06 2019 Keystone Alpine 3010RE View Listings

Caldwell Camping World, KJ and his service team are the best and simply get things done for their customers! I recently bought a trailer with Chris's help and after our first outing with it needed some work done on it. KJ and his service team had us drop it by their shop on our way back from our first trip so they could get right on it and get it ready for our next outing! They are simple the best and we now and forever will do all our RV business with CW Caldwell!!
- Driggs Jessup, Idaho

2018-08-21 2011 Keystone Alpine 3640RL View Listings

It’s heavy but perfect for daily living. So comfortable. Plenty of head room, storage and comfort. It’s loaded! Great to use as a park model, attach a screen room and you’re set for wintering in those warmer climates.
- Lisa Boucher, Maine

2018-08-19 2018 Keystone Alpine 3650RL View Listings

Great 5th wheel for full timing! Best floor plan for us. Great kitchen! Walk around king bed. Bigger shower than we had at home. Very comfortable rear living area. Quality seemed much better than most in this price range.
- Lou Demetriou , South Dakota

2018-07-08 2013 Keystone Alpine 3500RE View Listings

Ours is the perfect RV for extended stays for a couple--even with a couple of dogs or cats! There is a pull out air mattress in the couch for guests. There is plenty of storage and easy access. People have to appreciate the quality of this RV over some of the cheaper units out there. We looked for 1.5 years before deciding on this one.
- Virginia Newcomb, Wisconsin

2018-06-05 2018 Keystone Alpine 3400RS View Listings

Would not recommend this product. We bought this for retirement. Having owned 2 motorhomes, 2 cab overs and 4 5th wheels... One was a Cougar, this Alpine is by far the worst when it comes to craftmenship and attention to detail.... I have pictures
- Dennis Silvestri, Oregon