Keystone Alpine

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Keystone Alpine RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Dana Kelley from South Carolina says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2014 Keystone Alpine 3535RE View Listings

I bought this piece of trash in Chesapeake Virginia. The quality of construction is the worst I have seen. I wish I could put pictures on here to show what the issues are. But all I can do is talk about it. Just going try and keep calm when I'm writing this because I have been wanting to do this for sometime and I don't want miss anything. 1. Furnace. 15 degrees temp difference from front of trailer to back. No air blowing out the floor vents in the back living area. No filter for the air and it is open to the belly where NO ONE cleaned up after they installed things. Continues to blow dirt around and there is no excess to the furnace. Techs came out from the dealer and removed and re-routed some duct work. Took about 10 feet of excess duct out of the system. Still no change. 2. Heated belly space. Every spot where wires or hoses went through the frame was not sealed up. This is heated space. Went through 2 tanks of propane in a week. I also have problems with drafts and bugs coming in from these holes in the frame. So much for clean air. 3. The gates for the grey tanks and black water tanks do not function correctly. Hard to pull out and to close. Black water tank gate will not close all the way. The stupid vents they have under the sinks and counters to vent for the waste tanks have malfunctioned a number of time and I have had to leave the trailer a number of times to let the trailer air out. 4. Water control valve has broken. Dealer gave me a new one. Did not install it. 5. Leveling jacks keep leaking down. Had to tighten up many fittings myself and they still leak down. 6. Propane hoses connecting to the tanks leak. Replaced them already. 7. Slid has leaked. Talked to a few dealers about that and they said I needed toppers put on my slides. More money to spend on this thing. They said it is normal to have leaks there. I call BS! After investigating the construction of this trailer I found that the only thing that keeps rain and water from coming in at the slides is two soft rubber seals. Roof material comes to the fascia that touches the wall on the inside. There is a small metal trim that holds the roofing down. Slide sags in the middle and water works it's way under the seals and over the metal trim. BAM!!!! Water soaked inside. 8. The windows were not sealed when they were installed. Single pane and I know there can be a draft coming from the drain vents. I used The window film that you install and heat shrink it to fit the windows. Works good. Found the draft coming in around the window trim. After I looked into that I found out there was no seal around the windows. 9. The microwave was not installed level. 10. The linoleum floor was not glued down and is rippling up. 11. The walls on the slides feel like there is no insulation in them. They are not solid. 12. Crown molding is coming down. 13. The door was not sealed when it was installed. 14. Rubber seal on some of the slides are to short and when it's raining and the wind blows it leaks in around the floor of the slide. The quality of this trailer is a shame. I spent a lot of money on this trying to simplify my life after a divorce and live in this trailer full time. I am sure I missed a few things. The one thing I am sure of is that I will never buy another Keystone product. I know what I mentioned here is not an isolated incident with an upset owner. I met an older couple that bought a smaller Alpine but a year newer than mine and they have the same problems as I do. It also pisses me off that they don't even have a place to put a contact number so they can call you to talk about your issues. Why should they care. They already have their money.
- Dana Kelley, South Carolina

2021-07-30 2018 Keystone Alpine 3800FK View Listings

Best Camper ever, THe Kitchen is to die for. You dont need to build a cabin if you own this model. More storage than I can use. Easy to Tow, excellent A/C system. I love the residential size frig so much. no more need for coolers. Really enjoy camping in the fall and early winter. no issues with freezing.
- Beth Ebert, Wisconsin

2021-07-25 2019 Keystone Alpine 3800FK View Listings

We purchased in 2019. Within a couple of months we had a list of sloppy manufacturing finishing items. Such has unfinished carpet in the bedroom, several holes in the wall due to reinstalling of window treatments, door trim problems in bathroom, shade in front kitchen window not fitting into grooves, big spaces in ceiling trim . All these and more were just very sloppy finishing items. Where is the quality control?? After 1 year the flooring in kitchen ha bubbled up. Our side couches are peeling where no one has even sat… it’s just my husband and I and we sit in the recliners. His side has peeled terribly where his head rests. I am so dissatisfied, and disappointed in the cheapness of this model. The trim in the bathroom is peeling … it is not paint. There is so much more and just after two years! We had a 2012 Montana before and it was much better quality all around. Big mistake buying this top of the line, and receiving way less ! Also so disappointed in the customer service at Keystone. Did not get much help trying to solve these problems. I sent pictures, asked to talk to someone in management and was refused. 2 years and the problems continue…. FED UP. Will not buy another Keystone product.
- Christie Hill, California

2021-07-04 2019 Keystone Alpine 3650RL View Listings

Love the storage for fulltime living. The floorplan is great as we like the bedroom entryway on the back side rather than with you walk in, feels more private. Warranty work leaves much to be desired as far as the quality work from the approved dealers. Had a tear in the flooring and the repair from a desler in Austin, TX was embarrassing. We paid out of pocket to have the flooring repaired properly. This isn't a Keystone thing but having a customer complete a survey after repairs would provide oversight to dealers that take advantage of warranty work. Features I like are the InCommand system. Adds alot of convenience to owners, convection microwave, heat pump and fireplace. One issue with sales was we were told wifi ready but no wifi found in trailer.
- Dorothy Green, California

2021-06-20 2020 Keystone Alpine 3700FL View Listings

My husband and I bought this in June of 2020 and has nothing but issues with it. We’ve had a tone of warranty issues. One of our biggest complaints is that there is no heat in the back. They checked it out and found the HVAC tubing was smashed and it was replaced but still no heat. Fresh water tank had no censor in it they installed then fresh water tank seal broke, blinds are only on a snap in place not screwed in, motor for the 50 amp plug stopped working, and now for some reason we have a water leak that filled up one of our light fixtures. We have contacted Keystone personally about the heat. They measure the heat and there should be a couple of degrees different well we had ours tested, first off it took 5 hours for the unit to get warm second they test was at least 4 to 6 degrees different but the furnace was constantly running. We had bought this a year ago and our 5th wheel has spent more time at Camping World for warranty issues than we have been able to use it. We are not getting the support from either place on fixing the heat issue and now we have a leak in the roof and this until is only a year old. My husband and I have waited for five years to purchase a 5th wheel and done our research however, I feel that we have received the run around on a unit that we spent 87k on this included having a generator installed and bought the 7 year extended warranty. We are very disappointed that neither Keystone or the dealership doesn’t take pride in helping their customers and to make things right. The heat still isn’t right and now we have leak in the roof!!! With this kind of money they should have a better quality than what it is. I have a feeling that we’re going to be out of a lot of money do to poor building or the unit and poor tech service. Maybe it’s time to contact an attorney!
- Tammie Pierce, Colorado

2021-06-01 2018 Keystone Alpine 3800FK View Listings

Absolutely Perfect. Huge Kitchen, Easy to pull, Lots of space, Excellent storage. I lived in it for 3 months and never felt like I wasnt home. If you can find 1 under 60K you are lucky. We also loved the backup camera. It made parking a breeze and set up was so simple with the self leveling jacks.
- Beth, Wisconsin

2021-04-24 2019 Keystone Alpine 3700 View Listings

Dealer has had my trailer for 7 months now to replace soft spot in floor. Replaced faulty antenna. Returned it to me to find the lanolium was not glue down and wavy. Had leak in cargo door, still do not have correct seal. Bathroom window leaked. Batteries are dead since they ket it set outside Ll winter. Camper World Akron has not satisfied us for all the grief we have gone thru. Do not buy here. Extended warranty is a joke
- Russell James Jr, Ohio

2021-03-03 2020 Keystone Alpine 3700FL View Listings

I traded a Carbon I had for six years with a multitude of issues for the 2020 Alpine. The dealer said it was top of the line and wouldn't have any issues. A month in the Suburban tankless water heater went out. Dealer replaced the entire unit in about a week. Three months later the Suburban (IW 60) went again with the same symptoms. Dealer replaced once again with an entire unit. November 2020 same symptoms unit would turn on run and then turn off. The dealer sent me another unit I paid to have it installed but was late December before I received it. Suburban (IW60) failed again in February 2021. I'm taking the RV back to the dealer for hopefully a final solution. I had two tires blow out six months in and that caused 9 k in damage. I replaced all four tires. If you purchase an Alpine I hope you have better luck but tell them you do not want a Suburban tankless water heater.
- Randy Myers, Texas

2021-01-20 2014 Keystone Alpine 3250RL View Listings

We purchased our 5th wheel from Clickit rv in Spokane, WA. They delivered it to us. First thing that happened, driver had to turn around and go back to dealership because the roof membrane blew off. After we finally got it weeks later, our furnace quit working, then it rained and water came into the rv through our slide in the bedroom getting our carpet wet., our carpet in the living room had black stains coming up through the carpet, my son said it was in the padding underneath. Now we discovered our black tank is leaking into the bladder causing severe odors throughout the rv. We have been staying in this 5th wheel for a few months now and we're not happy to have it delivered in such shape, and knowing it couldn't have been properly inspected. Even though they sold us a preowned 5th wheel, we shouldn't have to experience these kind of problems.
- Linda Murray, Washington

2020-11-18 2018 Keystone Alpine 3800FK View Listings

I purchased this fifth wheel new In February, 2018. It was towed from the dealership to a lake approx. 70 miles away. It has been towed a total of 500 yards since. In Sept. 2020, with no warning, the rear gray tank fell out of fifth wheel, causing $4500 in damages. This gray tank is always left open for constant drainage, with the exception of a couple times a year I fill it to 3/4 full and clean it out. Keystone wS advised of the situation,advised how little it had been towed since purchase, and they immediately stated it wasn't under warranty and wanted nothing to do with me. Additionally, from the factory, the shower was plumbed to drain into the black tank. Yes, I said that right....THE BLACK, tank. I can't help but wonder if they can't plumb a shower correctly, they probably can't mount a gray tank correctly either. Insurance is currently fixing the issues, but beware, their quality is severely suspect.
- James, California

2020-11-16 2020 Keystone Alpine 3700FL View Listings

I love my RV but there are a couple issues. First issue is the furnace doesn’t heat the back but does a great job in the front. When I have the heater on the floor around the island sink get real warm and there is a poping noise.
- William, Wyoming

2020-10-25 2019 Keystone Alpine 3701FL View Listings

Beware. Don’t spend your money buying this trailer You will spend more time getting it repaired than you will enjoying it. The refrigerator is a piece of s**t. We are taking ours In again. Second time in 2 months. Trailer is a year old.

2020-10-06 2018 Keystone Alpine 3501RL View Listings

I have traveled with and lived in it for 3 years. I recently decided to quit the RV life and I am now going into a gated community so it is now for sale. It has been a wonderful experience. If this is your dream, now is the time to take it and run.
- Janice Robertson, Florida

2020-09-05 2014 Keystone Alpine 3010RE View Listings

The Forest River Alpine 3010RE is an awesome trailer. Definately livable. It is top of the line in 5th wheels. Many upgrades and lots of storage in this trailer. Black out shades also. Overall experience is amazing.
- Linda Smith, Florida

2020-08-20 2019 Keystone Alpine 3701FL View Listings

The 5th Wheel tows easily with a Ram 2500, turbo cummins,single axel, w/8ft bed. The 5 slides make for a lot of interior space. The fron living space is large and confortable. The samsung refrige is large. The half bath make is great for intertaining and saves traffic thru the master BR. The master bath is absolutely the best feature. There are 3 sliding doors in this unit. The are NOT pocketdoors. The come down when traveling. Even after installing additional slide guides on the bottom and additional snap straps on all three as well as the half bath tradional door they do not always stay hung as intended. Towing as stated is a dream even with a 2500. No sway. However there is significan bounce on rough roads. Decreasing speed is a must. Pull through sites or very large back in site with lots of turn space are a must. You will find some site unaccessable. Your length truck + trailer will make some areas off limits. This is a great unit for snowbirds and full timers. Overall we love this unit and would rate the overall quality above avereage and much better then some units we have had from other manufacturers.
- John Wiser, Illinois

2020-07-31 2020 Keystone Alpine 3710KP View Listings

We liked the look of the interior,but after delivery lots of deficiencies have been made obvious. Love the small kitchen. Living room furniture and tv are subpar. King size mattress is a joke.like a cheap exercise pad. Closets a d cabinets throughout are too shallow and cheap. Electrical outlets don't work. They have a neutral wiring problem. Like the bath except for the extreme small toilet.The exterior canopies are the worst I have ever seen. They don't open/close properly and one is coming loose at the roof line. I have sent 4 punch list to General RV with this list but Iguess that don't honor the contract. Stay away from the Alpine and General RV of Tampa.
- Dana Haynes , Florida

2020-06-30 2011 Keystone Alpine 3640RL View Listings

Great RV. Nice floor plan, washer & dryer is huge plus for a family. No more sitting in a hot laundry mat at the campground. Two recliners in the rear are great for relaxing. Plenty of storage inside and outside.
- Darrell, Tennessee

2020-06-27 2020 Keystone Alpine 3700FL View Listings

If you’ve ever wanted a $70,000 piece of s**t. Well here you go. Less than a year old. Refrigerator doesn’t work. Hydraulic jacks leak. Motor in reclining chair doesn’t work. So now we can haul this big piece of s**t back to where we bought it an wait to have it repaired. Mind you. This is a brand new trailer

2020-06-13 2020 Keystone Alpine 3700FL View Listings

Pretty much a $70,000 Dollar piece of s**t. 2020 alpine 5th wheel. Already had trouble with slides. Fridge doesn’t work. Hydraulic jack is leaking. Ya. It’s prolly all covered under warranty. But didn’t go buy a new 70,000 trailer to have to haul it around an have it worked on.

2020-05-10 2018 Keystone Alpine 3650RL View Listings

Really like the floor plan. Nice we each had our own dresser & closet. Good size shower. Love the island in the kitchen with large/small sink combo. Also has a dishwasher but we never used it. Side by side refrigerator. Free standing table that has a leaf & 2 matching folding dining room chairs that go with the regular chairs. The recliners & sofa are in great shape. It was just the 2 of us. Really can't rate factory warranty/support because we never used it.
- Tom, Nevada

2020-03-09 2020 Keystone Alpine 3700FL View Listings

March 8, 2020 We waited 6 months to get into this floorplan. We have had several RV's, most recently a Montana High Country 343RL. Three weeks into staying in this unit for business out of state and what a load of issues. If I could only post the accompanying pictures, you would be terrified. Let me summarize: 1) 3 major ceiling water leaks. Window in very front has 2" puddle daily when it rains. Water has damaged wood counter and tv below in cabinet. 2 cents rain down inside. 2) no hot water (on demand system) Dealer tested, 78° F peak temperature in shower. Kitchen sink, 4 feet away, lukewarm at best 3) no heat in back bath,I mean zero air flow. Dealer found wrong size BTU furnace was installed into a 43' unit. 4) Trim falling off, several locations throughout 5) Cabinet ball-bearing slides broken on cabinet doors 6) 2nd bath toilet valve broke toilet fills every 45 minutes. 7) Auto level system puts nose on ground/doesn't auto retract 8) wall frozen behind toilet in main bath, to the point water in toilet froze 9) cable in doesn't work 10) satellite was installed incorrectly and is not usable 11) mattress ruined after 2 nights, unusable We have many more issues going on, these are just the major ones. We haven't even made a payment yet! Seriously contemplating the lemon law on this unit. We miss our Montana. Hard to believe both units are made by same company.
- Lawerence , Idaho

2020-01-30 2019 Keystone Alpine 3800FK View Listings

I purchased this RV mainly because of the floor plan. My most current problem is the inside of the front kitchen corner cabinets. They paneled off the corner of the right and left side so I the owner would not see that it was unfinished. I'm currently wintering over in Surprise AZ live in it. Overnight here it has gotten cold and I have noticed cold air as soon I open the cabinet doors. That reason his made my heat bill larger then it should be. Keystone Customer Relations people can not explain to me as to why this is unfinished. They tell me that I have to contact the dealership in which I have purchased it from to make needed corrections. They are just passing off to them for their poor workmanship during its construction phase. I have a good list of issues that I have fixed myself due to that fact that I have to live in this unit while I'm here. Also while I have been living in this RV I keep finding other interesting workmanship issues that Keystone has done to it. I feel that Keystone really lets the consumer down in their quality assurance department in not seeing that their finished product is up too good standards. I do know that I have learned a lesson in doing any further future business with them.
- Alan K. Peterson, North Dakota

2019-09-30 2019 Keystone Alpine 3701FL View Listings

The front cap on are brand new trailer after 3 weeks of use got a crack in the bottom passenger corner where the cap overlaps the side of the trailer. Keystone has given me nothing but grief calling this damage and has denied the claim, after my Dealer made some calls to keystone they approved a bandaid repair, when the cap was pulled back you can see that the cap itself had been repaired and not very good, with Bondo last Time I checked yo can’t use Bondo on fiberglass! The pair shop made the repair and put the cap back on and in doing so it cracked again,it’s amazing that you can spend this kind of money and they treat there Customers like this, they don’t even look at the trailer and denied the claim even after the dealer the paint shop and everyone that has looked at this issue has said the damage was done and than covered up!! Absolute Joke, if I treated my customers like Keystone does I would not be in Business
- Kevin Weaver, California

2019-08-12 2011 Keystone Alpine 3500RE View Listings

The Dometic Refrigerator gaskets on the doors are shot and they are telling me I have to replace the doors and they cost 1600.00 Dometic Customer Service sucks They said the gaskets are glued but mine is not glued it has a groove to the gasket in
- Belinda Rigsby, Louisiana

2019-05-07 2016 Keystone Alpine 3010RE View Listings

We love the floor plan. The rear entertainment area, with a large LED TV, and giant opposing slides provided a great room feel. The two rocking chairs and opposite tri-fold couch (converts to full bed) are comfortable and well situated. The traditional table seats four for dining. There is ample storage throughout. The kitchen has a ton of counter space. The appliances, including a convection microwave, and gigantic dual power refrigerator give a home feel. The bathroom is comfortable. The king sized bed is wonderful. Spacious storage in the master, with washer/dryer hook-ups. The basement is gigantic. The Lipert trailair rotaflex pin box is great. We installed a 5500 Onan generator, which helps with any electrical needs. Keystone has been very responsive, despite our dealer, which has not been helpful. Most issues we've had were caused by the dealer. Overall, we love our Alpine.
- M. James, California