Keystone

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Keystone RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Kurt Jankowski from Michigan says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2017 Keystone Montana 3720RL View Listings

We've had many Keystone fifth wheels when to the camper show last night in Novi Michigan the new Montana fifth wheels are junk the quality of the cupboards and wood work is really poor quality I will keep my 2014 Big Sky was going to get a new Montana. I like the new floor plans but the quality is very cheap the furniture is cheap The faucets they put in the kitchen and bathroom are very cheap I don't know why they did this to a Montana but my 2005 Mountaineer fifth wheel we had was a better quality Better Built fifth wheel then the new Montana's today the TVs and electronics are all poor quality I have no idea why Keystone is doing this the back of the fifth wheel is not a full fiberglass piece no more the appliances they are using are the cheapest on the market Montana is supposed to be a higher-end 5th wheel a lot of people don't know how they used to be.
- Kurt Jankowski, Michigan

2021-07-26 2020 Keystone Cougar Half-Ton 29BHS View Listings

Lived in one of these trailers for 10 months while attending graduate school, along with my wife and 3 children. Saved us a ton of money and we vacationed across the US traveling to and from and also saw the sights locally. Just hook up and go and you have a home on wheels. Everything worked as it should and we were totally satisfied with our purchase.
- Justin Bauer, Washington

2021-07-25 2019 Keystone Alpine 3800FK View Listings

We purchased in 2019. Within a couple of months we had a list of sloppy manufacturing finishing items. Such has unfinished carpet in the bedroom, several holes in the wall due to reinstalling of window treatments, door trim problems in bathroom, shade in front kitchen window not fitting into grooves, big spaces in ceiling trim . All these and more were just very sloppy finishing items. Where is the quality control?? After 1 year the flooring in kitchen ha bubbled up. Our side couches are peeling where no one has even sat… it’s just my husband and I and we sit in the recliners. His side has peeled terribly where his head rests. I am so dissatisfied, and disappointed in the cheapness of this model. The trim in the bathroom is peeling … it is not paint. There is so much more and just after two years! We had a 2012 Montana before and it was much better quality all around. Big mistake buying this top of the line, and receiving way less ! Also so disappointed in the customer service at Keystone. Did not get much help trying to solve these problems. I sent pictures, asked to talk to someone in management and was refused. 2 years and the problems continue…. FED UP. Will not buy another Keystone product.
- Christie Hill, California

2021-07-25 2019 Keystone Montana High Country 362RD View Listings

We bought our Montana in February and hauled it to California for work reasons and have had nothing but problems with our RV everything about the inside of this camper is made like a pile of shit I have never seen such horseshit crasftsmanship. Keystone truly doesn’t not give a flying fuck about there quality or reputation. Will not be buying from them ever again.
- Tyler carlson, Minnesota

2021-07-23 2014 Keystone Bullet Premier 22RBPR View Listings

Bought this RV used in 2019. It was in pristine condition as it was only used by an elderly couple for a short period and stored. I have read a number of reviews and I have to think that the folks that wrote negative reviews are not seasoned campers with a lot of experience with other makes of rvs. My wife and I have had 3 pop ups, a starcraft, a coleman, and a jayco. We have also owned two class A motorhomes, a Southwind and a Allegro. Bottom line we are not newbies and have some experience with rvs in general. Most manufacturers don't put the highest quality workmanship in their rigs and most have issues that can be annoying to say the least. From my perspective, this has been the best of the bunch. The tank sensors suck on all rvs because they are inside the tanks...deal with or spend the money to put after market sensors on the outside. Wer have had minimal issues with our rig in the 2 1/2 years we have owned it and candidly we rent ours so I would expect more issues than not. My biggest complaint is the fake wood tape on some of the surfaces just isn't the right solution but it is cheap and easy so we have repaired it. The fiberglass nose being as dark as it is has become an annual event to take the haze off the gel coat and wax. Boat owners can appreciate the pain this is. I love the fact that Keystone spaces the axles further apart providing far better tracking and anti sway than any other trailer I have ever towed. The interior is slightly more durable than any other rvs we've owned so that's a plus. By durable I mean real wood doors and most trim. Overall this is a great RV and when we decide to trade it or sell it, we most certainly will be looking only at Keystones higher end rigs.
- Bob Tetreault, New Hampshire

2021-07-22 2017 Keystone Hideout Single Axle 175LHS View Listings

Bought this TT new in March 2017, liked that this model had a large dinette, a bath sink, counter, and cabinet in bathroom that many other RV's with same floorplan, including other Keystones, lacked. Only used about a half dozen times so far. Made some personal major mods to the trailer like adding a couple of RV windows: 1) Next to main door 2) Upper bunk - to add more natural lighting and cross ventilation, plus an external shower unit, and a "Hott Rod" heat element to the water heater for electric water heating. The only issues in first year was the overhead light outside the bathroom door blinking occasionally and the AM function in the Jensen stereo sucks as very poor. Noticed this in first year of usage and ownership but did not think these were worth the trouble and any wait to bring it back to dealer for warranty work. Otherwise everything else worked fine though have never used the water pump since always full or partial hookups. This 2021 spring discovered minor leak damage in the door side wall inside the small wardrobe closet. Camper was not used in 2020 due to covid pandemic and unable to check the roof due to physical ailment that I'm mostly recovered from. Patched the roof with some liquid "Flex Seal". TT parked in my front yard since last used in August 2019. The vent fan motor in the bathroom finally died recently. Overall so far consider this entry level TT to be a good camper but not sure my next TT would be a Keystone if there is a next one, hope it lasts 15 more years if keeping.
- Paul C., Washington

2021-07-22 2021 Keystone Bullet Crossfire 1900RD View Listings

First time out hot water stopped working on either electric or propane cold showers every thing else seems ok so far. Will call warranty when I get home tried every thing still won’t lite seems like no power watched video says it could be control panel
- Bruce, Massachusetts

2021-07-21 2020 Keystone Montana 3740FK View Listings

We purchased the 5th wheel August 2020. Everytime we take a trip something breaks. The first problem was the fireplace didn't work. The front door and screen door was not level and was replaced. Table top was loose and had to replaced. Black tank flush spray did not work. There was a leak from hose under bathroom sink. Ceiling fan was making clicking noise. Loveseat beds were missing bolts and nuts in the legs. In January the wall between the sink and the fridge came loose and was letting in cold air. When we returned from Texas in March we turn the 5th wheel in because the kitchen slide would not work. There was a broken board in the wall. The cap had to be removed to fix this manufacture breakage. The dealership had it from March 22 thru May 24. We picked it up and had a trip to New Mexico where the sound stopped working on th TV set. We returned and TV was ordered on June 1st. We went camping for 5 days in June. We returned on June 18th and dropped off to have TV replaced. Told dealership the kitchen slide was very slow and loud when pulling in or out. A bulge has been discovered and dealership has been working with warranty for over a month. I am very disappointed with this 5th wheel.
- Carol or James Adams, Kansas

2021-07-20 2019 Keystone Bullet 243BHS View Listings

This is a good unit for a family. We took 4 trips the summer of 2019. Tow ability was good. There is a dry bathroom with tub. Great for children. There is good accessible storage. A microwave and oven are in the kitchen. I like the peninsula feature of the food prep area. The queen bed is separated from the main area by a partition which gives privacy. Covid prevented trips after 2019 and now my needs have changed. The unit has been stored under shelter. I hope someone else can use this camper and get enjoyment from it.
- Sue, Ohio

2021-07-19 2019 Keystone Outback Ultra-Lite 240URS View Listings

Be warned! I bought the 240URS Outback camper new so I wouldn't have to deal with someone else unseen problems and wanted a warranty. I liked the floor plan of this toy hauler and being that Keystone has been around for a long time I expected quality and customer satisfaction as they claim. I was wrong! 5 months after the 12 month warr. expired I noticed the wallpaper beneath the table side window peeling from the wall. It was obvious this was due to a window seal leak. This leak didn't happen and show up overnight. It had to be leaking for sometime, due to rain or washing, to get soaked enough to show up. I took it to the RV dealer and the experienced qualified Technician told me the leak was caused by the foam used to seal the window did not cover the window opening correctly. He personally told me the opening was about a pinky finger diameter. He sealed around the window with a special sealant that wasn't done at the factory. I called Keystone manufacturer and the woman stood by the 12 months warr. I had sent them the work order and have not heard back from them. Evidently their words such as 'Quality and 'customer satisfaction' are just words they use in their ads and do not stand by them. It's obvious the seal opening was missed at the factory, dealership and me. It wasn't anything I or the dealer could have prevented. It was just an unseen error that the factory won't warrant just after 5 month of the original warr. It was as if once the 12 month warranty was up any problems I have, other than structural, they didn't want to have anything to do with my camper as if they didn't even make it. It was if I was just the unlucky buyer. I guess if it didn't rain or I didn't wash it this would have never shown up. Other problems I've had were Faulty wiring to the furnace, which was covered under factory warr. within a year, thread stitching coming apart on the sofa cushions, dining seat cushions sewn incorrectly, CD/DVD/Stereo system faulty which will be covered under extended warr. I purchased. Being retired I plan on buying another camper in the near future. I learned, now through experience, not to buy another Keystone camper. Their craftsmanship, quality and customer satisfaction isn't what they claim. ~jerry
- Jerry, Pennsylvania

2021-07-19 2018 Keystone Cougar Half-Ton 32RLI View Listings

We purchased from our local camping world and have only had a few minor issues and one major warranty issue that was a delam on the kitchen slide out. Keystone warranty paid for the new wall replacement and it was done by the local dealer. The trailer is very well built and has been towed about 10k miles since we purchased it. I did upgrade the tires to a higher quality tire and use a Hensley hitch.
- Frank Mitzen, Pennsylvania

2021-07-15 2021 Keystone Cougar 29BHS View Listings

We bought this rv trailer for the family to enjoy, but this has been the biggest hunk of junk. We purchased this from camping world and when it comes to help with anything they are useless. We have had nothing but problems with the auto leveling jacks and the icommand,this weekend we took it out for the 5th time and again the and again nothing but problems. The power converter went out, the Icommand went out,the auto leveling jacks didn't work and the air conditioning unit kept shutting down and freezing over. Thank goodness we were up where it was cool at night. Thankfully we are Goodsam members and bought the 5 year warranty because everyone at camping world are USELESS!! If there wasn't a fire restriction there i probably would have torched this hunk.
- David, Nevada

2021-07-13 2019 Keystone Cougar Half-Ton 22RBS View Listings

If there were zeros it would get zeros. The dealer would get zeros too. Bought new in 2019. Have never had a single trip that didn’t have a significant issue. In the three years we have had it the dealership has had it for one year “fixing it”. Today marks attempted trip six. Picked up yesterday after fifth trip a water leak (significant) in the wall 9 hours from home. Dealer called said problem fixed bad valve on water heater. Drove to a park near home to insure no more issues. Started off looking good, but as usual within a couple of hours of the stay noticed ac functioning improperly and it was not cooling to the temp set. The thermostat (InCommand) wasn’t registering a room temperature (zone temp). This was not the problem the trailer went in for and the electronics are in the same wall as where they fixed the leak. You do the math. Prior to that it was a complete failure of heater in subzero temps in Utah on fourth trip. No power to slide and jack on third trip ( batteries connected to rusted electric blocks so not making contact). Interior A wheel skirt that wasn’t installed properly that blew/pulled off on first trip, along with leaking water drain pipes under sink (fortunately these were outside allegedly bad twist drain connectors).
- J Neal, Wyoming

2021-07-11 2017 Keystone Cougar X-Lite 29RLI View Listings

Don’t buy a cougar! Roof has leaked since I’ve owned it! Couldn’t never get anything done about it from keystone or bob hurley! Absolute worst dealer!! Again I bought it new!! Again don’t buy a keystone and not from bob Hurley!!!!
- D Cluck, Oklahoma

2021-07-09 2018 Keystone Raptor 424TS View Listings

This is the worst built trailer I have owned and would not recomend anyone to but it workmanship is so poor and the dealer or the company would do anything about it. It would be easier to tell you what was good on the trailer then all thats wrong . I have pictures and details if anyone wants to see
- Rod Alt, Florida

2021-07-09 2017 Keystone Montana 3820FK View Listings

Keystone installed the 2 air conditioners incorrectly which caused extensive damage and they don’t want to pay for the damage. DO NOT BUY A KEYSTONE..RUN. Their products are junk and do not stand up at all and they do not care that they sell you garbage
- Audrey Dubay, Washington

2021-07-09 2019 Keystone Cougar 315RLS View Listings

This has been the best RV I have owned. Tires had to be replaced to Goodyear Endurance. A/C 2 keep it cool in the Summer, King-size bed wife likes, have large TV in bedroom, one 50 in. In living room and one swing out TV for outside viewing. 2 large awnings provide dry outside in light rains. Tanks are large for Dry camping. Lots of lighting inside and out, rear view camera makes backing up and driving view great when you want to make a Lane change. Pantry for supplies and lots of storage. New Air shower head and large seat in shower make it easy to take a shower.
- Thomson Gallagher, Florida

2021-07-08 2016 Keystone Outback 312BH View Listings

We love this travel trailer. It is roomy enough to walk around in when the slides are all the way in. super comfortable living areas when the slides are out. I love the privacy of having a door to the master suite instead of a curtain and the bonus of an actual door to the bunk area allows us to close off one area (maybe to gaming in the bunkroom) while we watch a movie in the living room area. It is much like a 2 bedroom apartment, albeit a small one. The outdoor kitchen is fantastic. I can cook and prep everything outside without having to make a mess inside. Another thing I like is having dual ACs. I can cool the master area to suit me and leave the rest of the RV at a different temperature or I can leave the master AC off and use just one AC for the whole thing. The only drawback is that I wish it had more storage areas that are large. There are lots of cabinets for small items. So many that I don't know what to put in most, but larger items usually get put in the back of my truck during travel.
- Mari Lopez, Virginia

2021-07-07 2020 Keystone Montana High Country 375FL View Listings

Very nice unit, and we are very happy with it. I do have a few comments, and recommendations. Exterior appearance is very nice, frameless windows would give a more streamlined appearance. Interior appearance is also very appealing. Light cabinets, and tasteful accents Some minor quality issues – • Free standing dinette o One chair leg was cracked o Table support post was cracked, where it attaches to tabletop. This looks as though it came from the factory this way, as it was glued and screwed back together. (Screws fell out, which is how we found this issue.) o These issues could have happened during transport to dealer, as chair’s and bar stools where not tied down. • One of the sofa’s was not attached and could slide forward. The L bracket that was used to attach it was installed backwards, not allowing enough screw engagement. Other sofa was the same way. • Sofa’s are pull out trifold sleepers. When pulled out, each section has different foam density, with the middle section being very soft. No way an adult could sleep on them. It cuts into your back. Totally unacceptable, considering sitting and sleeping are its primary functions. • Kitchen faucet was plumbed backwards, Hot and Cold swapped. • Ice maker in Samsung residential refrigerator, has two shut-off valves? One under the sink, and One was hidden behind a panel that needed screws removed to access. No documentation in manual to indicate its location. • Loft area had a couple of trim staples sticking out. Small kids could have been hurt on this. • Living area floor, would bellow up from the floor when the Furnace blower was on. On investigation, we found the vinyl flooring was not trimmed fully under the vent, and not taped or sealed by the duct. • Drawer latches in kitchen where not well aligned. I realigned and adjusted so they function properly. • Not all switches in control panel are labeled. Adding labels would be helpful. • Radio would not receive any stations. Found a bad cable adapter between radio and coax. Even when I replaced it, radio reception is horrible with the built-in antenna. I replaced it with a simple dipole, which now allows us to use the radio. • TV reception is horrible with the built-in omnidirectional antenna. • Vacuum hose provided with the central vac, would not reach the whole coach. A 30’ hose would work, if the main unit were located at the center. A replacement 40’ fixed the problem • Black water storage tank. 39 gal is not adequate for this size unit. Other mfg provide at least a 55 gal storage. • Black water tank above ¾ filled, starts to leak. Not Good. Dealer is handling this next month. Late Dec 2020 black water tank was replaced. Now July and so far so good! Like so others have said, if your not handy you will spend a lot of time at the dealers! Keep this in mind.
- Gerry G, Massachusetts

2021-07-05 2019 Keystone Montana 3120RL View Listings

Spacious with 3 pop outs but only 35 ft long so you can fit into almost any park. Easy to pull yet has all the convenient options. Very nice Plenty of storage space underneath and hookups are all together. Auto leveling for easy hookup and drop off.
- Nate, Florida

2021-07-05 2012 Keystone Passport 245RB View Listings

2012 Keystone Passport Ultralite 24RKB..... Decals curled up and fell off second year of ownership. Seems that the decals do not tolerate sun exposure. Sever delamination on front and back exterior trailer walls. Axles weight capacity not adequate for trailer ... rear axle bent last year. Love the layout, and the trailer tows great.
- Kim Switzer, Alabama

2021-07-05 2019 Keystone Cougar Half-Ton 30RLS View Listings

Lorem Ipsum is simply dummy text of the printing and typesetting industry. Lorem Ipsum has been the industry's standard dummy text ever since the 1500s, when an unknown printer took a galley of type and scrambled it to make a type specimen book. It has survived not only five centuries, but also the leap into electronic typesetting, remaining essentially unchanged.
- Atul Singh, Alabama

2021-07-04 2019 Keystone Alpine 3650RL View Listings

Love the storage for fulltime living. The floorplan is great as we like the bedroom entryway on the back side rather than with you walk in, feels more private. Warranty work leaves much to be desired as far as the quality work from the approved dealers. Had a tear in the flooring and the repair from a desler in Austin, TX was embarrassing. We paid out of pocket to have the flooring repaired properly. This isn't a Keystone thing but having a customer complete a survey after repairs would provide oversight to dealers that take advantage of warranty work. Features I like are the InCommand system. Adds alot of convenience to owners, convection microwave, heat pump and fireplace. One issue with sales was we were told wifi ready but no wifi found in trailer.
- Dorothy Green, California

2021-07-04 2018 Keystone Bullet Colt 171RKCT View Listings

We’ve been traveling and living out best life ever since we stepped foot in our Colt. It’s so easy to pull but feels stable at higher speeds and winds. There’s just enough room for two adults and two big dogs but then the slide out gives us even more space to spread out. There’s nothing we’ve needed that we haven’t had in this home away from home. We especially love the entertainment system with speakers inside and out. None of the other light weight trailers compare. Best purchase we’ve ever made.
- Cameron Rae, Washington

2021-07-02 2020 Keystone Montana High Country 365BH View Listings

Poor workman ship, in every aspect. Every sink leaked with a pressure regulator installed, interior trim is falling apart, stove handle fell off in the first six months. Going to get rid of this and go to a different manufacturer. And their dealer suck for quality maintenance. Waited 7 months for parts and when they installed the "J" panel they cut it 3 inches short so now it's been 9 months and I still don't know when the new part is coming in. If you buy a Montana product expect headachs
- David Williams, South Carolina