Keystone RVs Reviews on RV Insider (1,096)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Keystone RVs Reviews and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of these RVs.

Kurt Jankowski from Michigan says:

Have you owned any Keystone RVs? Write a review

Voted Most Helpful Review 2017 Keystone Montana 3720RL View Listings

We've had many Keystone fifth wheels when to the camper show last night in Novi Michigan the new Montana fifth wheels are junk the quality of the cupboards and wood work is really poor quality I will keep my 2014 Big Sky was going to get a new Montana. I like the new floor plans but the quality is very cheap the furniture is cheap The faucets they put in the kitchen and bathroom are very cheap I don't know why they did this to a Montana but my 2005 Mountaineer fifth wheel we had was a better quality Better Built fifth wheel then the new Montana's today the TVs and electronics are all poor quality I have no idea why Keystone is doing this the back of the fifth wheel is not a full fiberglass piece no more the appliances they are using are the cheapest on the market Montana is supposed to be a higher-end 5th wheel a lot of people don't know how they used to be.
- Kurt Jankowski, Michigan

2020-01-26 2007 Keystone Montana 3400RL View Listings

This 37 foot, 4 slide, 4 season RV has been everything we hoped for and more. One of the other definite bonuses has been the installation of the washer/dryer combo; allows us to be completely independant and do laundry while watching TV, puzzling,cooking, or in the resorts hot tub! Despite its 37 foot length, the wheel placement and supsension make towing a breeze. The rounded cap allows for tight corning even with a 6 foot/short box tow vehicle. The 4 slides allow for a REALLY spacious feel, and the door slide between the living area and the bedroom gives us some "separate" space. Every now and then we need it :-) Central heat and AC with ducting moves the air (hot or cold) to the whole RV or allows you to select areas to focus on to direct the hot or cool air. The little "office" area is also quite a nice add-on. Allows for the dining room table to remain clear while still providing a work-space. A surprising amount of space; both storage/cupboard, as well as living space. 3.5 years of RV adventuring and roomy enough so that we are still happily married! WOuld purchase this Montana 3400RL all over again.
- Jeff Eckstein, British Columbia

2020-01-25 2017 Keystone Laredo 333BH View Listings

Poor quality. 2 years old and bedroom door came out of ceiling. Strips coming off ceiling. Both air conditioners went put after a year. Poor reception on antenna.Door fell off docking station, plug for hot water heater is so rusted I'm afraid it's going to pop. I gate this trailer and it cost 38,000 dollars.
- Serena J Flowers , Tennessee

2020-01-24 2020 Keystone Cougar 32RLI View Listings

We spent 12 years reviewing and looking for the perfect RV for our needs. This company has nailed it. Knock on wood, but so far, minor complications, and I have to say I have spoken to one young man ,whom was extremely helpful, we have had a company locally whom are certified warranty repair company, and no problems with customer service thus far. We do have minor issues with motorized stabilizer, and our TV wont go out of closed caption. That part of entire system is locked out. Otherwise, all has been fantastic, best experience with our dealership, Chilhowee in Knoxville, TN. Thanks to both companies for all of their service.
- Debbie McGrory, Florida

2020-01-23 2020 Keystone Passport 2950BHWE View Listings

Layout is great, features are good. Quality is 7/10. These could be drastically improved with a bit of workmanship. 1 trip out, the door to the bedroom fell off in transit. The booth is coming apart. You can tell these are thrown together as fast as possible. I will repair myself and not under warranty because I prefer to do things right. Too bad I can’t include pics to back up what I’m stating. Come on Keystone 🤨
- John Kaser, Oklahoma

2020-01-22 2020 Keystone Montana 3761FL View Listings

Heating issues! No heat in the bedroom or bath. The unit is too long for one furnace. We tried covering up a couple of vents to help push the air to the back and the floor comes up! Wish I would have known this before purchasing a brand new RV that I have to plug in a floor heater to stay warm.
- Jeffrey Taylor, South Carolina

2020-01-19 2017 Keystone Cougar 26SABWE View Listings

Bought new, several things broke after a few uses. Cheap wood, screws pulling out of cabinets doors, missing and broken parts, broken kitchen exhaust, Santiflush stopped working to name a few. Poor quality, cheapest materials, very poor workmanship. Uncomfortable couches and chairs, bad living room lay out. Don’t walk away. Run!
- Shawn, Colorado

2020-01-18 2019 Keystone Cougar Half-Ton 26RKS View Listings

Purchased a cougar 26RKS after owning a Bullet Premier 22RBS. We settled on the Cougar after reviewing several models, quality reviews, features and floor plans. We have now owned our trailer for about 1 year and have camped some 30-40 days, on about 10 trips. What we most like about it is the floor plan: for a 26ft RV we find the floor plan spacious, seating in front of the TV is great, we like the fireplace, good size bathroom and king size bed. Rear kitchen for us works best and we like having two doors to access bedroom and kitchen. Outside fridge did not come with a turn-off switch, which makes it difficult to disconnect, and the capital grill is not as useful as a stove would have been, but we can still get some use out of it. Unlike some owners, we have not had any major structural or furnace issues. So far we have also not experienced failures with air conditioner, stabilizers or appliances. Cabinets are holding up well although we do need to secure doors with brackets before we travel. No leaks or wall paper issues reported with exception of a strip that peeled off during travel but we were able to glue it back easily. Like with any trailer, husband proactively greases bearings, check stabilizers, inspect roof and checks tire pressure before we travel, and so far we have not had any issues with towing or with tires. I would consider a Cougar again and do recommend this model. That being said, where you buy it matters, and there are a few areas where Keystone could improve greatly. TV cable disconnected from antena somewhere inside the walls a few weeks after purchase. We considered taking to a local dealer but given the service reviews of the closet choice - Camping World, and the likelihood that would take several weeks to repair, we decided to attempt repair ourselves before we would bring it in. We fished the wire out of the wall and secured correctly after a few tries. We blame this one on quality control during assembly. In comparison with the Bullet Premier, my husband complains about towability of the trailer - it is not as smooth due to poor air dynamics, so it drags significantly more. Toilet water seal was not aligned to hold water. After a couple calls to the dealer and watching a few videos, we were able to make adjustments to the shutting mechanism; it has since been working well. We blame this one on quality inspection at both Keystone and Dealer. Back kitchen window crank is too large for the window and is actually useless. We have to remove it and open the window manually if needed - a design flaw. The manual of trailers is usually not adequate for the model or appliances that come with it. It serves mostly as a guide, not a manual - a poor consideration to customer service and likely a result of cost cutting. We referred to the manual a few times and could not find specific information on troubleshooting or maintenance for the equipment we had in our trailer. Air conditioner works well, but is loud! For a $30,000+ unit, I wish keystone would upgrade to an A/C unit less noisy. We sometimes have to turn-off the AC to watch TV. We boon-docked in the fall and while attempting to refill the fresh water tank, we realized that we can’t just poor water in it, It actually requires pressure to be refilled - ridiculous concept when you may not have power to generate the pressure, nor the tools to do it. We had to pull the trailer out of the campsite to the nearest water station. Inconvenient design flaw; we will need to bring a battery pump next time. In-Command system is not as useful and helpful as intended and advertised. It does not measure tank levels accurately, requires a PIN nuumber EVERYTIME we need to access the panel and does not allow to remove this requirement in settings. Does not allow for more than one device to sync at the same time, which makes difficult to manage. It disconnects frequently, does not read battery life correctly, touch screen is not very responsive - need to press on slowly and firmly for it to work. The app does not allow for fingerprint of Face ID unlock - PIN required everytime as well. I am not impressed with the InCommand system, Keystone has long ways to go with this product. The mattress as in many trailers had to be replaced - not comfortable to most people I must say. The tension blinds across all windows are terrible! Tension changes during travel and need to be adjusted all the time. There are 5 across the trailer and all have issues. The screws holding the tension are not on studs and can’t support the tension. When you are able to raise the blinds, they look crooked. Terrible design - wish Keystone would use roller or built-in gliding blinds. We are currently considering replacing all blinds. Manual advises to lower the dinner table during travel. I wish keystone would start installing adjustable tables to make lowering/raising easier. It is a job to get the rods off the table and assemble again. Overall, good trailer but not without flaws.
- Thays Pritchard, Tennessee

2020-01-14 2019 Keystone Outback 330RL View Listings

We researched and looked at RVs for over a year. We bought a 2019 Keystone Outback 330RL because of its size (almost 39’) and because we wanted something we could live in full time. It has a great floor plan, (island kitchen is my fav!), it’s roomy, comfortable, with a great outdoor kitchen. Has a huge wardrobe, king size bed (not a true king, but we found sheets to fit), quality awning and great steps. This RV can handle hard rain, high wind, and pretty much any weather condition. We have had zero problems with this RV. Although, we would not buy another RV from the dealership we purchased this RV. The dealer did not and refuses to provide our sprayer for our outside shower. We will likely have to buy the entire kit online. We quit our jobs and have been full timing just over four months! We love it and love our Keystone Outback! Happy travels and stay safe out there! ❤️
- Katharine Haley, Arizona

2020-01-14 2019 Keystone Bullet 269RLS View Listings

I’m a travel Nurse and so I live in a camper at least 10 or 11 months out of the year. Bought this one brand new a few months ago and I wish I hadn’t. From day 1 little things started falling apart, before I even got to my first destination the rubber molding in the front of the camper just fell right off the thing. I look back in my rear view mirror and on both sides they are both just flapping in the wind. Kitchen sink leaks, 4 of the 8 rollers on the shower doors fell apart. The hot water heater stopped working within the first week, the heater stopped working within the first month and now I had to go buy a couple small space heaters to stay warm, but I can only use 1 small1500 watt heater cause if I try to plug in a second one it just blows the fuse immediately. I called the local r.v. Dealer to try to arrange getting my heat pump and hot water heater fixed but they tell me I’ll have to go drop it off and it will probably be weeks before they can get to it, not only can I not afford to stay in a hotel indefinitely while it gets worked on, but I have a dog so that’s just adds to my dilemma. Lots of other small things falling apart every time I turn around, I could go on and on but I’m sure you get the jest. Very poor quality materials and very poor quality appliances. I hate this thing so much and I wish I had read reviews before I made this purchase. I pray every day that a tornado will pick this thing up and get it out of my life.
- Craig Hoosier, North Carolina

2020-01-11 2018 Keystone Cougar 367FLS View Listings

Brand new 5th wheel keystone forgot to put shut off on black water tank, furnace doesn't work, had a burn spot under the couch the wires burnt into, general rv said the fire was due to a staple in the wires shorting them out. We love the layout though.
- Ed Duncan, Michigan

2020-01-09 2019 Keystone Sprinter 3570FWLFT View Listings

LED lights going out. Lost half of them. Problem is you have to take it to dealer every time. Been there 3 times and going again. Don’t buy a Keystone anything if you want to travel unless you like going to the dealership Keystone has bad LEDs
- Patrick Miller , Nevada

2020-01-04 2018 Keystone Montana High Country 362RD View Listings

This rv,that has a rear den and 5 slides,was not designed for comfort living. Keystone did not compensate for the amount of space it would have to cool/heat when only allowing 2 air conditioners for this 41 ft RV. Keystone went one step further making harder to cool this rv,by placing the air conditioners on each end of rv, but not in middle, believe me you are going to roast in the summer. When cold weather comes you'll freeze as the only furnace installed will be in the front of rv, and not be big enough to heat the den.I have to close the door to keep livingroom warm. Poor thought in designing this rv. Don't buy this, I'm living the nightmare, and Keystone says there is nothing wrong with my rv.

2019-12-29 2014 Keystone Montana Mountaineer 337RET View Listings

Took delivery Jan 2015.Problems when brand new. Certain lights not working, Thermal coupler not adjusted so oven would not light, missing manuals, Inside stairs not screwed in, toilet not holding water, Tire blow out,another 1/2 flat 2011 tires on a 2014 model. ISSUES up to early 2018. Front side decals all cracking peeling, sofa fabric wearing out, dining table fell over, cabinets many loose.antenna wore out, rubber boot pulled up causing leak, stove top to close to burners, power vent stopped working, bath faucet delaminating,radio and speakers no good. Outside speaker covers cracked and placed at rear side where no 1 sits, awning gets dirty/stained easily,fake wood paper pealing wearing out, toilet flush arm leaking, windows hard to open, front decal from bug carcass acid eat through it, rear inside bumper rusting out and frame, outside Rubber trim stains, Carpet wearing,For the price you pay, These are junk,cheaply made, Many RV’ers have issues as this or worse. Need more regulation/inspections and better materials. Rude service personnel. Don’t get caught up in the glitz, see and how it is made and what materials, after 4 years they start to really wear and we take good care of this, Flooring solarium is paper thin..Staples under rubber roof are popping up that holds aluminum on a curve on roof edges..Poor Quality...But all makes have their issues, but why not improve the issues so the mfg won’t loose customers..Most tires On RV’s are only rated for 65 mph..
- Bruce Toy, Ontario

2019-12-29 2017 Keystone Springdale 179QB View Listings

I would highly recommend this "problem free" trailer to Anyone, because, after owning a "new" 2017 Forest River Palomino, which was a "Total Nightmare", that included problems with plumbing, electrical, water leaks & discovering the box was Not "bolted" to the frame, after it came "OFF", in the rain, while driving, with, absolutely, No Factory Support, "EVER", my Keystone trailer was very reliable, even when subjected to "extreme" wind & rain & snow conditions & Never leaked a drop or had Anything, suddenly, stop working !!! I never had to take it back to the Dealer for anything !!! Choose wisely & Enjoy your time together !!! Note: It was a little too wide for me to easily drive, but nice when you were inside !!!
- Ron Lee, Washington

2019-12-28 2018 Keystone Bullet Crossfire 1900RD View Listings

We have had this travel trailer for approx. 9 Months. It has a good floor plan, is set up well, and does tow well. That is the ONLY good about it. We bought brand new, it has spent most of the time in the shop. It has had plumbing leaks, hot water heater problems, had to have an area of the roof fixed before it leaked, has other intermittent problems. The fit and finish is poor at best. The past 2 times we have camped, the ac is not working well. Shame on Keystone for putting out such a poor product. We owned a keystone before, it had problems as well, we just figured we got the “lemon” and gave keystone another chance. Well, I now know it is just bad quality.
- Michael Pivovarnik , Florida

2019-12-27 2020 Keystone Cougar 367FLS View Listings

We haven't had it out yet, had to take it back to the dealer to have a couple of defects fixed already. The front door hard to open and close, a couple of outside storage compartments doors wouldn't latch, hope they fix it.we dont use it alot right now, maybe twice a year, 3 weeks in August and maybe take it to the black hills this spring. Eventually we hope to go cross country and take our time doing it.its sad you spend big money on something and have problems.
- Curt Sovey, Wyoming

2019-12-26 2017 Keystone Sprinter 353FWDEN View Listings

We have had this rv 2 years we have lived in it in Florida full time and love everything about it , love the storage space, wide body plenty of room , bedroom is great certainly hangs all our clothes with the double wardrobe , cupboards and drawers ... great when family come to stay front living area is very private making this a great second bedroom for guests or children ... I have nothing bad to say about it and we have lived through summers and winters here in sunny Florida ... does it get warm (yes) but both a/c work a treat , I read some people had a couple of issues but these must of been far and few between as we know three people with the same van and they all love it ... if you want something you can use in the heat and cold then this is the van for you ... we tow it regularly up and down the Florida coast from Orlando to the keys every month and have never had any issues at all You get good and bad with everything ... we have no negatives 😃
- Tracy , Florida

2019-12-26 2018 Keystone Montana High Country 362RD View Listings

Purchased this rv for the additional living space that the rear den should provide,reason I say that is because I can't use it now as it's 20 degrees colder in that room. Keep in mind keystone added a artic package to this rv,for colder weather.This Rv is advertised online rv sites that this helps with full time use,and is also pointed out during the sales presentation at camping world where I purchased it. I purchased this rv not thinking I would have to use it as a residence at that time. I now use it fulltime, and let me tell you this rv is put together with no thoughts of comfort. I am living in a nightmare situation, this rv has more air coming into it than it should, this is my fifth rv and the second keystone rv i,ve own! I have searched through this rv and have found that by pulling all face plates off electrical outlets and switches that there is no insulation at all behind the walls! Another factor is during the water pipe and drainage pipes installation, all cuts for them are beyond what is required and to top it they did not seal around them,therefore you have cold air coming from underbelly into the interior. During this past summer this rv with two ducted ac's running continuously during the day was a sauna.and my electric bill reflected it. When this rv was being assembled there wasn't any over sight/quality assurance being done. They threw this together and basically said,it's not their own so they didn't care what the end product was.It was just another unit to push out the door! My biggest question is, how can you advertise this RV as having an artic package and not have insulation inside? When I spoke with owners relations department about this,I was informed that tank heaters and a thin foil blanket was added to the underbelly for colder climates,but couldn't answer why there wasn't insulation in the interior I can only recommend that you run from this manufacturer,as it's obvious they are using misleading advertising to get the consumer to purchase these RV's!

2019-12-24 2019 Keystone Montana High Country 375FL View Listings

2019 Montana High Country 375FL new in Sep '18. Had it for 15 months now. Maiden voyage, the rear closet shelf and clothes bar broke completely off the wall and fell. Fixed myself by rebuilding and supporting from the floor of the closet up and supports in the middle of the shelf. Warranty replaced the front entry door as it was not aligned correct. Also replaced the bathroom door as it was dragging and out of align. Replaced bedroom door as it broke away from the wall. Break shoes in one wheel came apart. Warranty replaced entire wheel (2 sides). Aluminum siding that wraps under the underbelly broke out when screws pulled through the thin aluminum and the under skirting was dangling. Holes in the aluminum were completely ripped out. I fixed myself by removing all screws and using big washers on each screw so it wouldn't rip out any further. Tire blow-out after 6 months. Replaced all 4 tires then with semi-truck trailer tires. No problems since then. No manuals came with this trailer. I had to acquire all information from on-line sources and down-load manuals. Lippert 6 point leveling system is hard to learn, and extremely challenging when an error code happens. Again, no manuals. I had to figure out how it all worked with YouTube videos as the on-line manual really did not address how to fix some specific error codes. A year after taking ownership and a year after doing dozens of little fixes, staples, trim, and cabinet door catches, it snow a darn-good trailer. The manufacturer needs to quit doing things, bare minimum, like no washers over metal sheeting, or using more than just 2 staple nails to hold a closet shelf in place.
- David Edrington, Indiana

2019-12-22 2018 Keystone Montana High Country 362RD View Listings

Purchased this 2018 Montana high 362rd in july 2018,it's the worst purchase I have made, as this is my fifth one. I bought this one for extra room and the half bath addition, and also the added artic package. When I bought itI was using occasionally, but now have it as fulltime usage. I was informed that the artic package had extra insulation for the cold weather, they have lied. There is no extra insulation other than tank heaters and a thin foil blanket for the underbelly. I have cold air coming up through my floor vents, air coming around my windows and in my cabinets. The rear den has a 20 degree colder temperature variation between the living room, and as a result I have to keep the door closed or my furnace/ fireplace will not cycle off and on. This past summer I had a hard time keeping this unit cool even with 2 ducted ac's running. When this unit was being assembled there wasn't any thought of quality during the process! I have actually try to find where all the air is coming from,and have found there isn't any insulation in the walls of this unit! So how can they say it's equipped with an artic package. I have also found that when they were installing the water pipe system and sewage drains they over cut the required measurements and did not seal them! I am truly disappointed with the way keystone assembled this rv, my advice to future rv owners run! don't walk away from this manufacturer,as I am living the nightmare! I have spoken with customer care, and their response is, it is only designed for extended use in cold weather. I inquired about the lack of insulation and was informed they added a thin foil blanket for the underbelly.How they can deceive the public with misrepresentations and get away with it I don't understand. I spent my hard earn money for a big tent with sides, electricity and water, what a waste of my money.

2019-12-20 2018 Keystone Montana High Country 362RD View Listings

Purchased July2018, This rv includes artic package. Save your money it's not equipped for cold weather! It does come with tank heaters, but that doesn't compensate for interior warmth! I will have to warn those who are thinking about keystone products look elsewhere! My Rv was thrown together quickly and without supervision! There is no insulation at all in this rv! You will burn up in the summer even with two ac's and freeze in the fall as I'm doing now with a furnace! There was no quality assurance inspection during this rv assembly.I have had to go and repair everywhere a water or sewer pipe was ran into this rv! The factory cut the holes wider than required and did not seal around the pipes which allows cold air from underbelly to come inside the rv,as a result I have had to seal these openings my self.The factory claims they put insulation in the underbelly a thin foil blanket,which is supposedly to help the interior?There isn't any insulation inside this rv! You can feel the cold air around the windows and through the walls. I spoke to customer care, they informed me this unit was not made for long term use,even when it is advertised it can be as it has a artic package for cold weather! Buyer beware, They are not assembled as good as they lead you to believe. There wasn't any over site occurring at all during this assembly, if there had been I would not be having these issues!

2019-12-15 2017 Keystone Impact Vapor Lite 29V View Listings

Great toy hauler! It has all of the up-to-date amenities needed for four-wheeling, motorcycling, bicycling, and enjoying good company just to name a few. We’ve thoroughly enjoyed ours with our family and friends. There’s so much versatility with this toy hauler. I highly recommend. And, it’s great that I can pull it with my half ton pick up truck.
- Jason, Wisconsin

2019-12-14 2019 Keystone Montana High Country 381TH View Listings

I bought my new Montana from Camping World and took delivery on Jan 12th 2019.Part of the deal was that they install a washer/dryer,Onan Generator and a MORryde wet bolt kit in the suspension.This kit makes all springs and shackles have grease fittings in them to lube the suspension parts.Lo and behold,the kit in the two and a half weeks from putting a deposit down did not come in till 10:00am on Jan 12 th two hours prior to delivery.At that point I just told them to give me the kit so I could install it myself after being a mechanic for 49 years did not see it as a problem. I got around to installing this kit in August 2019 only to find that at 7 months old with about 5000 miles on it that the suspension was worn out!The shackles were badly worn and the bushings in the ends of each spring were half gone.I installed the kit and greased all suspension parts although I feel for this job to be done correctly it needs 6 new springs.Keystone declined to cover any work on the suspension because I had modified the suspension when I only did what was part of the deal.My northern dealer said that Keystone claimed of not having problems with the suspension but every 2020 Montana on the lot now has this wet bolt kit in it from the factory. In the months of Jan,Feb,Mar and April I made a list of any problems that I had found with plans to follow up with my northern Keystone dealer.They did make some of the smaller repairs after charging me a 299.00 out of their network for not buying it there but big jobs are still a problem.Things like when you turn on the heat the floor blows up like a kids bouncy pad or when I travel most of the fresh water runs out on the road. When planning my fall trip back to Florida for the winter my thought was to give the selling dealer a shot at these problems.I arrived back in Florida Oct 29th with an appointment for the 30th to drop it off. When checking the unit in the service writer found a bulge in the left front corner under a slide out so added it to the work order.They had the camper this time for two weeks (making the total time without my home 46 days)only to check the list of problems.They discovered that to repair the bulge in the wall that both front slide outs would need to be removed,as well as the complete front nose cone for welding cracks in the substructure. They stated they would need the unit for two to three months for this repair and are not willing in any way to provide a loaner while having my home. So I pulled the camper from them on Nov 12th due to family coming for holidays and not wanting to keep paying for a hotel room.Camping World and I did make plans of brining it back after Jan 2nd but has been resolved about a loaner. To resolve this to my satisfaction and since it is apparent that these problems are due to quality work by Keystone,I am requesting that they take this unit back.I think they should refund me the full purchase price as well as all loan costs,payments and any other expenses or add ons that where spent.
- Gary McBreairty, Florida

2019-12-12 2012 Keystone Raptor 395LEV View Listings

Had a delightful buying experience with the dealer - and this particular RV is plenty big - but I had tons of problems with the generator, and support was problematic - ultimately resulting in my just removing the generator completely from the camper and going with external RV. The versital and very large garage area is very flexible and we've used it to hauling different things. This RV hauls great and we can get 4-5 days dry camping without water hookup on the ample tanks.
- Jason Jones, South Carolina