Keystone

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Keystone RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Kurt Jankowski from Michigan says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2017 Keystone Montana 3720RL View Listings

We've had many Keystone fifth wheels when to the camper show last night in Novi Michigan the new Montana fifth wheels are junk the quality of the cupboards and wood work is really poor quality I will keep my 2014 Big Sky was going to get a new Montana. I like the new floor plans but the quality is very cheap the furniture is cheap The faucets they put in the kitchen and bathroom are very cheap I don't know why they did this to a Montana but my 2005 Mountaineer fifth wheel we had was a better quality Better Built fifth wheel then the new Montana's today the TVs and electronics are all poor quality I have no idea why Keystone is doing this the back of the fifth wheel is not a full fiberglass piece no more the appliances they are using are the cheapest on the market Montana is supposed to be a higher-end 5th wheel a lot of people don't know how they used to be.
- Kurt Jankowski, Michigan

2021-10-14 2016 Keystone Cougar 327RES View Listings

We chose the 2016 Keystone Cougar 327RES th wheel in 2016 The floorplan mimicked our 2013 Keystone Passport TT. It is our 3rd Keystone RV. We ran the gamut with a Keystone hybrid, TT, 5th wheel as money
- Cheryl Kilroy, Ohio

2021-10-12 2019 Keystone Cougar 315RLS View Listings

This is my first rv. I bought it 6 months ago (used) from its original owner. I have been traveling the western U.S. and living in it full-time since I purchased it. I must admit, as a first time rv owner, I should have never bought from a private party. I missed out on the whole "dealership experience" (demo's on how to operate various components; basic rv maintenance and set-up info; etc.). I am happy with the quality and appearance of my Cougar. The only complaint I have about the interior design is that of the Dinette Slide. The kitchen table is weak and not adequate to seat even 3 people comfortably. The corner t.v./fireplace set-up is a huge waste of space. The cabinet enclosure could easily be designed much more efficiently (either smaller or with access to the extra unused space for storage). This may be a complaint of all rv owner's (who knows), but I curse every single time I open/close a window or a window shade. The windows take so much strength to open that I wonder how in the world senior folks are able to manage. My biggest complaint, which is my reason for commenting, is with the Keystone RV Company. The company has the absolute worst customer support. Support materials/troubleshooting guides/manuals specifically to each rv ... either they do not exist or such materials are too vague. My rv manual doesn't address any of the main components specifically. Instead, it says to refer to the manufacturer's website for more info, and then lists several companies to contact depending on which one is in my particular rv. Many vital systems, such as holding tanks, valves, furnace, and tv/satellite cables are either impossible to access or are only accessible after taking apart and moving all kinds of barriers in the way. Not user friendly. They don't make it easy for diy repairs. They encourage, or almost allow no other option, all repairs be done at authorized dealers. All authorized dealers are extremely backlogged. To even get an appt., I have to wait more than 2 months. Living full time in my rv exacerbates the problem. Anyway, I will not buy from thus company again. Period. A company that passes the buck with all customer support matters doesn't deserve this customer's business.
- Allison Boyd, California

2021-10-11 2020 Keystone Bullet 221RBS View Listings

This was our first trailer and it’s in very good condition. We completed a cross-country trip last summer, visiting several national parks and many campgrounds, and it was easy to manage. Light weight and easy to tow, we wouldn’t sell it if we felt we could continue taking that kind of trip. The bed is comfortable, the appliances easy to use, and we really enjoyed having a gas grill we could hook up right to our propane line. Whether in a full hook-up campground or dry camping among the red rocks of Utah, we were very comfortable.
- Ira Schlosser, Massachusetts

2021-10-11 2017 Keystone Avalanche 380FL View Listings

We loved this rv, roomy, comfort deluxe. Never had issues with rv. Highly recommend anyone wanting travel, recreational park to purchase a 380 living room to enjoy the comfort. Only 12000 gross weight, pulls great!
- Emmitt williams, Florida

2021-10-10 2019 Keystone Cougar 368MBI View Listings

Love this unit,BUT,after 1year...dealing with CW is a nightmare, unit in shop now..water leak under the shower floor,soaked the storage area..Bottom of unit sagging which leads me to believe the water may have got the wires wet CW claim to fix...they put a 2×4 to support the bottom of shower..storage floor still wet aaahhh if Ihad a $100,000 unit..or a 10,000 fix them like it was yours..called 2x to get a status update...no call back since 29 sept...I understand it's a rollin house things break...fix it I got great warranty oh, and a recall on suspension ..still love my unit
- Gerald, North Carolina

2021-10-10 2020 Keystone Montana 3740FK View Listings

Being semi-retired, we decided to try to become snowbirds from Michigan down to Florida. We decided a fifth wheel was the way to go for living space and storage for a three-month period. At a camper show, we were torn between Montana and Grand Design. We opted for a 35' Montana which fit most of our "must-have" list. When we went to view it at the dealer lot and sign the final papers, we saw the 3741FK (which was not at the camper show). Although it was only 5' longer, it appeared much larger than the one we purchased. As I walked around this mammoth beast, my wife entered with the salesperson and heard her shriek "Oh My God". What caught her attention was walking into the living room area which was considerably larger than the other fifth wheels we looked at. This living area had two (2) opposing slides with two couches and theater seating. Then with an open floor plan, the kitchen area had opposing slideouts which also gave the entire rig look more like a home than a camper. What sold my wife on this rig was the kitchen featuring an enormous bay window facing the front of the rig. It is a giant windshield (automotive glass). No matter where we are parked we have 360-degree views with all the glass around the rig. What sold me on the rig was the spacious bedroom with the ability to walk around the king bed. More importantly, was the "basement" under the bedroom suite. The basement is large enough to place two (2) full-size kayas in it or two large eBikes. Plus still tons of more storage all around the rig. If you are looking for full-time, seasonal, or long-term use, this 3741FK is one to consider.
- Patrick Coughlin, Michigan

2021-10-08 2021 Keystone Hideout 174RK View Listings

This RV is so low quality for the price we paid. Screws pull out of the cheap boards, stripping a lot of them. From the booth seats to the couch/murphy bed, to the misaligned drawers in the kitchen. I figured an RV that you will have for many years would have been built with better quality materials, but it is very obvious that it is not at all. I already know I am going to have to reinforce booth seats, the table that lays down, already broke one of the pegs it lays on and we had to re-drill holes. The toilet splashes water when we flush it, bugs come in in droves, not sure what hole they left open, but i own tents that are more bug-proof than this unit. We are even missing a plastic handle piece to close the blinds in the kitchen. and we bought this brand new from camping world in Jackson TN. this thing is definitely not worth the inflated price we paid. low qualify, very dissatisfied. Should have gone with a different manufacturer/model!
- Wendy Phillippe, Tennessee

2021-10-06 2020 Keystone Cougar Half-Ton 31BHKWE View Listings

If it has electricity running to it it fails. The problems are endless. And the dealer is horrible to deal with. All smiles when buying but after that you are dirt. I won’t ever buy a Keystone product.
- Joe Carrigan, Colorado

2021-10-05 2017 Keystone Alpine 3301GR View Listings

Beautiful unit.......must see. Winters well. In Command system with hydrolics. Loaded with goodies and a firepalce that actually puts out a significant amount of heat. Residential fridge, dishwasher, auto leveling and so much more.
- Jeffery Cornett, Texas

2021-10-03 2016 Keystone Passport 2450RLWE View Listings

This is an excellent couples travel trailer. Short enough to navigate National Parks and large enough to offer two "living" areas separated by the mid-bathroom. One can go to bed early or sleep late while the other reads or watches TV or even cooks with little crossover. The added distance between axles axles this passport more stable and balanced while towing. The quality has declined over the years but this 2016 was really well built considering the price. I wasted money buying an extended warranty, not because it didn't have issues, but because when it did need a covered repair, the repair would take so many weeks or months to complete that I ended up paying for the repair at an independent shop just so we could continue using the trailer. Pretty much once you drive it off the lot you are flying solo. Overall we had five years and over 19,000 miles of good times with this trailer.
- Steve Schlangen, Oregon

2021-10-01 2011 Keystone Outback 277RL View Listings

We have used this RV yearly for 9 years to visit family and travel 3-4 months to Florida, Louisiana, and Texas. During that time we continued to keep up and upgrade several items on the RV. We truly enjoyed the comforts of home on wheels. If you like dry camping this trailer is self contained with a generator to support all your needs as well.
- Francis Cote, New York

2021-10-01 2021 Keystone Springdale 38FQ View Listings

We stayed in the trailer for about a week and started noticing all the problem with it The slide door would not close all the way and the siding was bowing out while traveling down the road Wall plugs were not secured and we can go on and on with problems We returned it to be repaired by the distributor Crestview, its been there since July and nothing has been done. They said they would have to get with the distributor because the RV was so badly built that it was going to take basically a complete rebuild. They said they would have to get with the manufacturer and hope that they would uphold their warranty. Now they are not returning our calls I would love to return and get my money back because I was sold a lemon. Do not, I warn, do not buy a Springdale Keystone RV
- steve d hamilton, Texas

2021-09-30 2013 Keystone Montana 3150RL View Listings

After purchasing the RV, we installed new carpeting throughout, new up graded couch with memory foam queen mattress and king size mattress in Master bedroom. Installed slide toppers on all five slides outs. Replaced brakes and repacked bearings. Sell with or without new back up camera. Very roomy and clean.
- Gary Brown, Missouri

2021-09-28 2021 Keystone Cougar Half-Ton 32RLI View Listings

Overall quality about an eight, very happy With the in command system, worked flawlessly, added a drawstring to the curtains, Had to use two hands to get them down once they were up, it was supposed to be a luxury trailer and I got a piece of junk for a mattress that I had to throw out after using it one week, complained that a company never got a return email. Fireplace place Worked great, plenty of storage, they could’ve did a better job and having space around the sides of the bed, despite a few things that were wrong with it, I highly recommend it, the space in the living area is awesome. The entertainment system worked flawlessly as well and was very impressed with it all. Easy to tow but I have a 350 SWD. I’m always scared of the slides the three slides on this model worked again flawlessly and I was very impressed with that. Other than the bedroom floor plan I would give it a nine out of 10.
- George Neuman, Pennsylvania

2021-09-28 2018 Keystone Alpine 3400RS View Listings

I own a Keystone Alpine 3400RS and really enjoy it. The unit's overall quality has been quite good. When we tow it we do not feel it behind the truck. It tracks very well and does not sway at all. We like the floor plan, it provides a lot of room in all areas that allow you to move around comfortably. We really like the bedroom, bathroom, and shower area. You don not feel cramped at all. The living area is configured very well. Kitchen area is very convenient and all appliances are high quality. The auto leveling system is terrific. All you need to do is park the unit, hook it up and push auto leveling. Within seconds it is level and ready for the slide outs to be deployed. When it is raining or cold weather it is very nice to set up in minimum time and get in the unit where it is warm. The electric fireplace is another feature that we really use and is an absolute must when it is a little cold outside. It can heat up the living area very nice with the bedroom and bathroom doors closed. Really reduces the use of propane. We have had our unit for a little over three years and have not had any problems with it. We get a lot of favorable comments on it when we are out and about. If you are looking for a unit I would recommend putting this on your list to check out.
- MARKHAM Keene, Washington

2021-09-28 2016 Keystone Outback 324CG View Listings

We love our RV, it is perfect for us, because of the Garage. Lots of room and storage. Unfortunately the floor of the main Slide-out dropped down, while at the dinner table, revealing a 1.5" crack to the outside. We are waiting to see if the manufacturer will stand behind, and repair the structural damage.
- Alan Petersen, Idaho

2021-09-27 2021 Keystone Montana Legacy 3781RL View Listings

We bought a 2021 keystone Montana 3781 RL. The length is 41 foot. We have camped 3 times in it so far. The floor plan is definitely roomy and laid out well. It has an 18 cu foot residential refrigerator with freezer and ice maker. Never run out of ice ! The living space is huge. The theatre seating is very comfortable and has massage and heat plus reclines. A ton of counter space and storage. Charging ports for phones and laptops everywhere- amazing. Washer dryer hookups . Bathroom is large with double sink vanity with a lot os storage. I am 6'4'' tall and have plenty of head room in shower. Bedroom has king bed with huge closet. Bed mattress is 5 star. Huge storage outside compartments. Set up for outside tv.This 5th wheel is also 4 season rated down to 0 degrees. It has 2 whisper cool a/c units. I would highly recommend this 5th wheel. Just wish warranty was longer than 1 year on most things .
- Bill Nolte, Ohio

2021-09-27 2017 Keystone Summerland 2020QB View Listings

We have loved our Summerland 2020 QB. It's the perfect size for quick getaways and for longer trips. We spent months at a time in it for an extended trip through the Eastern/South Eastern US. It tows well and is easy to place on a campsite. Setup and take down are fast. The back window is huge and when we were backed up to Kerr Lake, NC and places like that... lovely! Having the bathtub instead of a shower stall is really nice. It's a well made unit that feels roomy inside.
- Tammy, Michigan

2021-09-27 2021 Keystone Sprinter Limited 3530FWDEN View Listings

Do not spend even $25000 on this product!! Do not buy!!! Please do not buy this product!! $53,000 will get you a lousy day 1 product. -You will constantly clean up saw dust because they don't clean as they build - You'll get a charging system that won't hold a charge. -2 brand new AC units but one will never work and the other will go bad within 3 trips. - A shower area that feels like your about to fall through it, which is 100% bound to fail very soon. -In 2500 miles 3 flat tires. -A rotten smelling fridge because again the charging system won't charge and keep it cold, but wait shouldn't the gas setting fix this? You'd think but it doesn't work. - The exterior storage doors don't line up and lock great so the storage doors will open while driving and blow off your brand new keystone sprinter. - just a full all around pile of garbage!! - absolutely garbage I 200% expect the warranty department to be worth the product which is a flop. There should be a class action lawsuits, this business should be out of business. Biggest fraud I have felt with in 39 years of living. I would expect at least 1 great summer of trips but no... Not even 1 trip was successful. I have owned and wish I still owned 15 year old booties that were more reliable than this product. Again please please please do not fall victim to this horrible product
- Daniel R Jensen, Utah

2021-09-26 2019 Keystone Raptor 415 View Listings

I have owned this Toy Hauler since 2018, I have been a several 3 week adventures with my family of 5 in all seasons and never experienced any issues, this layout is very comfortable and has all the luxuries of home, very well finished accommodations. The garage is amazing and one of the most popular places to have out with all the space and AC / Heat. The fireplace is used a lot, early mornings to get the main living area warm is the perfect use of this amazing amenity. Putting large toys in and out is easy and tows very well. It's easy to put on and off the truck, filling up the water and dumping is very easy. I will be buying another Raptor, I think they are the best Toy Hauler out there...
- Chad, Texas

2021-09-26 2019 Keystone Cougar Half-Ton 27SGS View Listings

I would give quality a zero if possible. I give livability a 1 because of the constant repair of poor workmanship in assembly. This Keystone in not just cheaply built is has some of the shoddist workmanship I have ever experienced in any product I have purchased. The bad workmanship is hidden so you don't see it until things start falling apart after the warranty expires. Just some Exp: The inside control panel mount hole was cut too big so the screws split out the thin paneling and the controller falls off the wall and has to have a backing plate installed to fix. Wires come loose from bad crimp connectors. Kitchen drawers inside frame attachment falls down because 1/4" of a tapered thread will not hold in particle board, maybe some glue on the board along with screws would have held longer. Kitchen table frame falls apart built same as drawer attachment, no glue with very short tapered screw threads. Bed frame also. Window shade raise and lower string mount screws fall out of the wall, needs a screw insert to ever stay fastened. Found ground wire not connected. Sofa will bounce around and damage slide out trim and trailer flooring, needs a tie down of some kind. This is just some of my issues with a my Keystone 5th Wheel. Needless to say I will never own another Keystone product and I would strongly recommend to anyone thinking about purchasing a Keystone product to look for another manufacturer. Quality does not seem to be a part of there build process.
- Tom Parks, Texas

2021-09-24 2019 Keystone Carbon 357 View Listings

We have been RV camping since 1989 and this 2019 Keystone Carbon 357 toy hauler is our 7th RV, Last RV was Keystone Outback 312BH - had it for 10 years and i fixed everything that broke, water heater, refridgerator and the list goes on and on. This 2019 Key Carbon 357 has some of the worst assembly ive ever seen. When we bought the unit NEW, they had to raise the black waste pipe becuase they slapped it together so fast and it was just 5” off the ground. Really ? No one seen this at Keystone ?? RV dealer agreed to raise it and they did, buy another 3” i would guess. Its still not right, and if i were to keep it, i remove the underbelly, fix both original gate valves that are JUNK, and at the same time correclty raise the draine pipe to the right height. Waste gate valves dont hold anything since day one ( had to install a quick connect gate valve to keep the STUFF from getting on me and the ground. Fuel pump leaked day 1, screws loose everywhere. master bedroom plywood under the mattress needed the both corners rounded so you dont blow your kneww out. Really ? It took me all of about 7 minutes. Refridgerator had a crack in the base ( inside the unit ) we did not see this until we cleaned the refridgerator prior to camping this year and we only first seen this at that point, now out of warranty- ( But no worries we purchased the 7 year additional warranty ) -- HA HA drove the 50 minute drive to the dealer for them to take pictures to only get told, Norcold said they wont replace it. If the unit is working they wont replace it. I wonder what the insurance i paid thousands for actually covers? The toyhauler rear door / ramp springs were all rusty and i asked if they can replace and they said no. I should have left the RV dealer at that moment, woulve save me so much aggravation. These are all at different times with issues. Went to the RV dealer and asked them to replace the thermostats becuase they stopped working - i mean they would blink on and off, and not do anything. They said they replaced them, i went home and when i parked the unit and plugged it in, the units did not work. I pulled them both off and they were used. The service manager thought he could give me someone elses junk. I called the factory and asked if they could send me new units after what happened, and they said you will need to go tot he dealer to pick them up. Just take in the bad ones. I went in the day they were received ( text message from the delivery service ) and the Service manager said we dont have any of those thermostats. I said yes you do, they were just received. They open the box in the parts room, and it said for my name- Service manager said how did you get these ? I called the factory, he said they are back ordered. Um no they are not. Your ordering from another channel and they are back ordered. You cant make this stuff up. Bad products, bad RV service group. Next trip in, i said the AC units are not cold. Left the unit there and the service manager said they met factory specifications. I call 100% BS. The camper could not get below 80 in the sun of August. I went to work on line and discovered the enginner who developed dometic brisk 2 air device. I ordered 1 for each AC unit, and when i opend this area for install, i could not belive how badley they assembled the ac units to the duct work. Some of the worst work i have ever seen in my life. I removed all the items accordingly, taped all areas to not let any cold air bleed back to the return, then added the styrfoam device and taped everything as instructed. After doing this to the 2 ac units, i was able to achieve 62 degrees F in the etire 5th wheel. My 26 year daughter said it was too cold in the toy hauler bedroom :-). Great design Brisk 2. Found moulding not connected, found moulding falling down. Fixed multiple water leaks where all the piping is behind the water heater area that you access from the storage area once you remove the carpeted wood, and plastic white piece. Re-ran some lines and wires that was a disaster in that area. Do it right or dont do it at all. Replaced the master bathroom faucet bc the cheap plastic one squeaked like mad. Added additional electrical outlets at the sink area and found poorly connected wires so replaced the cheap plastic junk outlets with better units. Saw dust still comming out of the vents in the ceiling. Both main slides are damaged under side and the black plastic material is shredding and now plywood is exposed and the dealer says that its not covered under warranty. I paid a lot of money for the 7 year additional warranty. Dealer said it 3 to 4 k to repair, and they only put the same material back which means it will happen again. Its a bad design. The slide should be on rollers, not slide plastic material over a hard PVC 1.5” thick strip. Note unit is stored inside my barn away from the elements. The storage stays above 40 degrees. I take care of my equipment, and sure wish keystone would build better units.
- Mike Brown, Pennsylvania

2021-09-20 2018 Keystone Alpine 3400RS View Listings

- Markham S. Keene, Washington

2021-09-19 2021 Keystone Cougar 25RDS View Listings

My wife and I have owned camping trailers, Class A motorhomes, 5th wheel campers, Class C motorhomes for the past 50 years. As with anything manufactured, there are usually issues that need to be addressed, but usually the manufacturer stands behind their product. Here are some of the issues with the quality of the camper on the first trip: the bathroom door fell off onto the floor, the shower was leaking/running across the floor, the windows are set crooked and potentially leak, two entrance doors were crooked and would not shut properly, etc.. These issues are nothing but poor quality, but given time and the incredible skills of the mechanics at Camping World, Lowell, AR they can be fixed, but the lack of customer service and the haughty attitude of Keystone/Cougar cannot be fixed by the customer or Camping World. Dealing with the Home Office of Keystone/Cougar, gives me the impression that the entire culture of the company is aggressively rude and uncaring. This attitude permeates everyone that we dealt with at the Keystone/Cougar Home Office. Our dealing with the Customer (Lack of) Service has been absolutely nothing but disappointing. By talking to them, we understand: they don’t know the products, they don’t camp, and they definitely are not interested in customer service. We even talked to a Customer (Lack of) Service manager named Sasha that said three times she would check for us and call us back - she never called back - NEVER! Due to the telephone answering protocol, the entire organization, except Customer (Lack of) Service, is shielded from being contacted by the public. Just due to the organization shielding via the telephone recorded protocol, is ample warning that the company is dishonest and disinterested. Through incredible diligent investigation, I managed to ascertain the Vice President of Sales, Josh Mi**** and his office phone number. Upon contacting his voice mail, he did not return my phone call three times. Finally, I used someone else’s phone and he answered. This guy said, it didn’t matter to him, he didn’t really care at all, and he was not going to do anything to address the issue. We were definitely stunned at his indifference and uncaring attitude. In my professional life I dealt quite often with company executives and I really don’t remember being treated so harshly by any company representative as I was treated by Josh. The camper is ok, but I would not buy anything from Keystone/Cougar again because of the uncaring, unprofessional, discourteous, big company attitude. If you do buy from Keystone/Cougar, be prepared for absolutely NO customer service. The whole company really is built on “not caring” from my perspective and dealings.
- John and Phyllis Abraham, Missouri