Keystone Reviews on RV Insider (1,144)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Keystone RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Kurt Jankowski from Michigan says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2017 Keystone Montana 3720RL View Listings

We've had many Keystone fifth wheels when to the camper show last night in Novi Michigan the new Montana fifth wheels are junk the quality of the cupboards and wood work is really poor quality I will keep my 2014 Big Sky was going to get a new Montana. I like the new floor plans but the quality is very cheap the furniture is cheap The faucets they put in the kitchen and bathroom are very cheap I don't know why they did this to a Montana but my 2005 Mountaineer fifth wheel we had was a better quality Better Built fifth wheel then the new Montana's today the TVs and electronics are all poor quality I have no idea why Keystone is doing this the back of the fifth wheel is not a full fiberglass piece no more the appliances they are using are the cheapest on the market Montana is supposed to be a higher-end 5th wheel a lot of people don't know how they used to be.
- Kurt Jankowski, Michigan

2020-03-29 2017 Keystone Fuzion 422 Chrome View Listings

Overall satisfied, bedroom air didn't work repair leak in unit and recharged myself since I did hvac for a living. easier then taking back to dealer and have to pick up 200 mile round trip. Not a lot of counter area in kitchen,installed more shelves in cabinets and pantry, they are spaced out way to far apart. Had oil leak on leveling system, easy repair myself. Unit is suppose to have blizzard package, but in rear under garage area you can see above the under belly that seems to be open all the way to the front, was afraid to seal up opening because under belly is not water tight and dont want to trap moisture under floor. I dont know how floor is insulated could not see any insulation.
- Bud jacobi , Indiana

2020-03-29 2017 Keystone Montana 381TH View Listings

AVOID AT ALL COSTS!!(Because the maintenance could be enough to consider your RV salvage) These trailers are giving people MAJOR problems. I recently purchased mine and to temporarily live in. Though its spacious and has a nice floor plan, the components used are beyond unreliable. The products that come installed are cheap, and you can tell that the manufacturer only cares about initial quality. All problems that happened to me happened within 4 months. First the fridge cut out. After having a guy come look at it, he saw freon stains under the fridge on the floor. The fridge cannot be repaired for less than the cost of the fridge itself. Then the slide-out for the garage gets stuck, for multiple reasons. One is that it fails to slide up straight, causing it to get caught and stop. And another is that the motors are not strong enough, and you have to lessen the load by lifting the section at the same time as the motors. BOTH air conditioners have gone out for 2 different reasons a month apart. The bigger AC leaked freon, requiring the entire unit to be replaced. And the second unit just stopped turning on all together. The walls are also showing signs of delamination, the lights with motion sensors stop working, and the septic fill sensors become unreliable. Something caused a propane leak which, had I not gotten home early, would have killed my dog. On paper, it's a nice design, but within 4 months, you can be out over $10,000.
- Bryce Wilkins, Texas

2020-03-27 2018 Keystone Cougar 34TSB View Listings

Floor plan with bunk house in back. Really like it for what we need which is people sleeping with some kids. Kitchen and main room is great. Would rather have recliners than sofa but we wanted the extra fold out bed so sacrifice. Less kids will mean adding recliners. Bathroom has been great. Main bedroom is great really. Bed isn’t perfect but they never are. Outside kitchen gets more use than expected. Number 1 negative comment is piss poor outside storage. One through compartment with small door on drivers side. Very difficult to use that side so most goes in and out from passenger side. Cosmetic problems several but not serious. It’s heavy to pull IMO. Tougher than expected. Half ton isn’t enough if much distance. All mechanical has had no issues after two years of summer and winter camping.
- Paul M, Kansas

2020-03-25 2018 Keystone Montana 3160RL View Listings

We special ordered the Legacy model with all the bells and whistles. The rear cap is very nice, 6 point hyd leveler, insulated very nicely, fireplace knocks-out the chill in the morning, the in-house computerized controls are awesome, tows very nice with Moryde pin box and suspension, added 500w solar with 2000w inverter and 4 6v AGM batteries. We have been very happy with this Monty. We will be selling in near future because we're scaling-down on all our toys.
- Mike Rookstool, California

2020-03-25 2019 Keystone Montana 3701LFK View Listings

Ugh... ok, here we go... Propane line was being bent when stove slide out was out so the stove and hot water heater wouldn’t work (only worked and didn’t pinch with that slide in). The passenger side propane regulator didn’t work and had to be replaced. The entire front door area is a complete mess. The overall design is a just bad and shame on me for not testing/seeing this before I signed the papers. The front door won’t open all the way when the stove slide is out causing the pull down steps to scrape the door and screen door badly if you try to pull them down in that state. Also, If someone opens the door from the inside and don’t know this, the door slams into the side of the slide. The only way to make sure the steps DO NOT scrap the door is ONLY when the door and screen are 100% open (and the only way to do that is when the stove slide is all the way in). The large fancy steps don’t lock into place well (when in the up/stored position) and wiggle quite a bit, causing the door to hit them when the door closes (once again causing scratches and damage to the door and steps every time the door gets shut). This makes you push really hard to get the door to shut 100% because the heavy steps are pushing up against it. You can only image how beat up and ugly all this gets after just a little bit of moderate use. The screen door was also loose and missing screws as well. It’s a poorly constructed and design mess. LazyDays service basically tells me the same thing. I am beyond unhappy and disappointed because I targeted Montana for it’s quality... man was I screwed. This is my third RV and is has/had the most issues by far. The leveling system keeps blowing fuses and the legs just stop in the middle of going up or down. More than one storage door had closing issues. Interior moulding has fallen off twice. My rear dump tank valves do not work/leak causing “crap” to come out of the main dump valve no matter how much I think the Gray/black valves are closed. The leveling system digital read out went out and had to be “reset”. My awning plastic mechanical covers have fallen off multiple times and I am currently missing two again. A paperboard wall in my large storage bay keeps falling out and keeps having to be Renailed/stapled. The master bedroom wardrobe door that’s up against the back window doesn’t not open all way because the door hits the window The time I’ve spent dropping it off and picking it up from LazyDays’ service department is beyond frustrating. I have zero confidence in this coach right now and feel I am just waiting for the next thing to break... and/or re-break. I love RV’ing but this thing is really putting a real dent in that for me. Don’t really know what else to say other than stay away from these newer models. They are not built well even though they make it seem like they are so amazing based on their current marketing and YouTube videos.
- Dekin Dorcas, Florida

2020-03-24 2014 Keystone Cougar X-Lite 28RLS View Listings

We have owned a Cougar X-LITE 28RLS and have loved it. Plenty of room and well built Keystone trailer. It is one of our favorite floor plans. It has a large bathroom and shower, Ton's of storage. The trailer pulls so nice you have to remind your self it's back there. I purchased two trailers before finding this one. And it fills all our needs. I would recommend this trailer to anyone starting out for there first travel trailer. You won't be disappointed.
- cwolski262, Wisconsin

2020-03-23 2018 Keystone Springdale 253FWRE View Listings

Love the cozy feel of this RV. The fireplace with the TV situated above it is perfect for chilly nights. The kitchen is a perfect size and has everything you need for cooking that perfect meal. Of course, the retractable awnings on the outside make it great to have friends over for a BBQ while listening to music. There is plenty of seating inside with the 2 leather recliners, the couch (also a bed) and the dining room table/benches (converts to yet another bed). The bathroom has two doors to make it easy for your guests to use it without having to go through the bedroom. The bathroom is bright and light with a skylight over the shower. There is a sliding door from the bathroom to the bedroom so it does not take up any additional space. The bedroom has a queen size bed with nightstands and a another skylight. Many windows throughout make you feel like you are part of nature. There is so much storage in this RV! There is tons of built in storage in the living/dining areas. There are armoires throughout the bedroom with rods to hang clothing. There is storage inside and outside - anywhere you can think of! The best thing about this RV is it is in brand new condition. It has barely had any use, and you are getting it all for so much less than buying a brand new one from a dealer. Price is negotiable too!
- Chad, Texas

2020-03-23 2019 Keystone Montana High Country 305RL View Listings

How about my Montana high country 305rl August of 2018 frigerator give me problems first it went out and the latches on propane doors was not on lights in the bedroom was not working properly I fixed the refrigerator myself fuse was blown it did it again in 2019 and keystone wouldn't stand behind it cost me $1,200 I'll never buy another keystone product
- Richard, Mississippi

2020-03-18 2018 Keystone Outback Ultra-Lite 299URL View Listings

We purchased this camper new. Overall weight is very comparable to other campers with rear living space however kitchen design is much nicer with more counter space and storage than other campers with kitchen at rear door. Bathroom has a lot of space for extra linens etc. Bedroom is nice but plan on purchasing a new mattress (what camper has a good mattress?). 2018 last year with outdoor kitchen in this model. Simple two burner stove and sink with hot and cold water but amazing how much we use it. Entertainment center with 50” tv is overkill (states my wife) but I’m not complaining. It is nice when it rains or to cold or windy to sit next to fire. We love it and plenty of floor space to dance with slide out extended. If looking for a camper take a close look at the Outback.
- Craig Emmert, Colorado

2020-03-15 2011 Keystone Montana High Country 323RL View Listings

we have had ours going on our 6th season, absolutely love the interior storage. the 323rl has a real full size useable coat closet that you don't see in newer models. the dry weight is only 9200Lbs makes for an easy tow and has plenty of exterior storage as well. we like the mix of dark wood trim/doors that go well with the distressed white in the kitchen. the heated enclosed underbelly has been tested by us in temps as low as 25 degrees without any complications. we have upgraded the furniture to a 87" sofa bed size that fits along back wall even with slides retracted. the holding tank capacities are very good for our purpose, we have 65 fresh, 50 black and 90 grey total split between 2 tanks. Originally designed for only 1 coax cable reception, I modified the MBR for a stand alone coax connection allowing for satellite TV reception, the coach was pre-wired so we added a second AC unit along with slide toppers, this AC unit can also accommodate a heat pump as well if needed, all combined makes camping in 100 degrees very tolerable. the previous owners did not treat decals correctly so many were removed yet some were replaced. overall, we really are glad we found/bought this coach, the only thing we don't like is the vessel sink in bathroom that is soon to be remodeled with a better sink/vanity. This 5th wheel came with a 7 function remote so setting up and leveling is a breeze and the JT Stabilizers front/rear were simple to install and well worth the $300 kit. We also removed the original sofa sleeper and replaced it with a La z boy power loveseat recliner. we also reupholstered the 5 dining room chairs to match the new furniture. The desk area was modified ( less 5th chair ) to accommodate a medium size wire dog kennel. Plenty of storage under MBR bed and the front closet is very adequate for clothing and other necessities. this unit was plumbed for a washer/dryer but this coach came with shelving for excellent bedroom storage plus the 3 drawer dresser. Pretty damn good 5th wheel design, far better than what the last 5 years has produced, we truly enjoy the overall aspect and with scheduled maintenance, upgrades and fix as required, this coach will last us well into retirement !!! Highly recommended.
- Phil Krolikowski, Colorado

2020-03-14 2020 Keystone Montana High Country 381TH View Listings

Getting ready to take delivery of this brand new unit, if it ever gets here! The 381TH is a toy hauler, but nowhere inn any of there catalogs on line dealers, even the website is there any dementions of the garage, very critical issue wondering if my motor cycle will even fit, seen a video the guy said it was ten foot long, dealer said it was 8'4" that's a big difference does anybody out there know for sure, can't find answers!
- Michael Stanley, Missouri

2020-03-11 2017 Keystone Bullet Premier 24RKPR View Listings

Great, spacious travel trailer with plenty of storage. This model has two opposed slides which makes for a massive amount of floor space. The build quality is quite good for this price range. There are lots of little features and details that just show quality. Most amazing is the weight. This model is easily towed with a standard half-ton pickup.
- Joe, New York

2020-03-10 2020 Keystone Cougar Half-Ton 27SGS View Listings

Like stairs entrance very solid. Light on steps and easy chairs, TV and fireplace are great. Deep sinks and kitchen faucet nice. I have more counter space. 4 kitchen drawers Bathroom large shower bedroom closet needs side cabinets with selves. Dislikes kitchen cabinets only have one self and you can only reach the bottom shelf no pantry no place for cereals cans or anything. Even pot area is under sink. Very little built in selves. Molding all over falls off little staples Refrigerator makes noise. Air conditioner runs 24 hrs when hot and you can’t hear TV. Awning doesn’t work tech on phone can’t fix. Computer brain a pain in butt. Made poorLy. design Poor they need to hire women engineers to lay out kitchen. Over all not a happy camper.
- Betty Campbe , Michigan

2020-03-09 2020 Keystone Alpine 3700FL View Listings

March 8, 2020 We waited 6 months to get into this floorplan. We have had several RV's, most recently a Montana High Country 343RL. Three weeks into staying in this unit for business out of state and what a load of issues. If I could only post the accompanying pictures, you would be terrified. Let me summarize: 1) 3 major ceiling water leaks. Window in very front has 2" puddle daily when it rains. Water has damaged wood counter and tv below in cabinet. 2 cents rain down inside. 2) no hot water (on demand system) Dealer tested, 78° F peak temperature in shower. Kitchen sink, 4 feet away, lukewarm at best 3) no heat in back bath,I mean zero air flow. Dealer found wrong size BTU furnace was installed into a 43' unit. 4) Trim falling off, several locations throughout 5) Cabinet ball-bearing slides broken on cabinet doors 6) 2nd bath toilet valve broke toilet fills every 45 minutes. 7) Auto level system puts nose on ground/doesn't auto retract 8) wall frozen behind toilet in main bath, to the point water in toilet froze 9) cable in doesn't work 10) satellite was installed incorrectly and is not usable 11) mattress ruined after 2 nights, unusable We have many more issues going on, these are just the major ones. We haven't even made a payment yet! Seriously contemplating the lemon law on this unit. We miss our Montana. Hard to believe both units are made by same company.
- Lawerence , Idaho

2020-03-07 2005 Keystone Raptor 3612 View Listings

What is interesting about a 5th wheel as opposed to a tow behind is the stability factor. I'm sure the weight is also a factor. Our first camper was a tow behind and at that time we had a Toyota Tacoma 1/2 ton pickup. First off the stabilizer bars were necessary. They were a pain to hook up. The camper sis not have slide outs. The first year we had it we spent 3 months traveling to Texas from New York and back. I just knew things had to be better. I shopped around and found that things could be better. My wife Had a list of what see wanted, first on the list a shower that you could actually use. the Keystone has that,12 gallon tank with fast return. No more camp ground showers. I wanted to be able to drive a stable unit. The 5ht wheel is hands above a tow behind. The list goes on but I will simply say a 5th wheel is heaven to hell for towing. We also found life on the road is interesting if you are in a cramped space. Getting a camper with a couple of slide outs made a big difference. It made it feel like you were home no matter where you were. So the other thing was the garage in our Keystone Raptor is 12' the tow behind was 10', but what a difference a couple feet makes. The fact you could actually get around in the garage with our bike parked and have a gas tank for the toys is a big help as well. Keystone made life easy. on board generator is helpful when boon docking. The fiber glass body instead of aluminum panel exterior is another up grade and the pass though storage area helps as well.
- Bill , New York

2020-03-06 2019 Keystone Montana High Country 305RL View Listings

This 2019 High Country is junk. I’ve owned it for 16 months and it’s been in the shop for 8 months. Auto leveling jacks, leaky slide out, refrigerator, door won’t close, on and on. Can’t wait to get rid of it. Buyer beware!!!
- Paul Eschbach, Pennsylvania

2020-03-06 2019 Keystone Retreat 391FLFT View Listings

Guys, just please dont even consider keystone.. I heard few bad things before buying one but figured cant please everyone so I went for a keystone. The worst mistake of my life. It just turned a year old and has warranty but keystone does not stand by it at all. Our rv is literally ruined from mold bc no ventilation. This model does not have a exhaust fan in shower room so moisture is just so bad. We did everything to prevent it but here we are. After camp rids, expensive dehumidifiers, crack in windows.. still... mold issues! Bc they state condensation in the warranty papers they are good and dont gac e to cover any problems that come from it.. we let it sit and it has problems we stay in it and it has problems.. we literally threw away 70 grand with this.. it makes me so sick!! When we open our underbelly up it was covered so bad in mold. I had a misscarage and stayed sick bc of it!! We didnt kno it was mold under there and it grew within weeks.. trust me!! This is a huge issue with keystone!! Stay clear away!!
- machellefranklin, Texas

2020-03-04 2018 Keystone Cougar 367FLS View Listings

Love it! Beautiful and spacious. Colors are perfect! Storage is good! Fireplace is an excellent touch! Love the large TVs! King size bed is a tight fit but worth it! The residential refrigerator gives plenty of room for endless groceries!
- Beverly A Jefferis, Missouri

2020-03-03 2017 Keystone Laredo 288RL View Listings

This was my first travel trailer and purchased new. I towed it with a Ford truck and was somewhat nervous so my first two years we did not go more than a tank of gas away. However in 2019, I pulled it almost 3000 miles and got gas with the trailer many times. I felt really comfortable driving it the entire trip except for several windy spots. It has automatic leveling which has been great and everything has worked well. A few problems is the awning seems to be not very good quality so we rarely use it. there is a shelf with plugs at the top of the bed and we love that aspect. The only negative is on the second half of our 3000 mile trip, the half of the fascia over the slide out fell off. We bought some different screws in CO and tightened the second half. We put in in the back of the Ford and since it was three years we did not even mention it to either Keystone or the dealer. I ended up touching up the fascia, drilled new holes and added a screw. and you cannot even tell it fell off. But I do not think it should have fallen but Keystone only used three one inch screws to hold a five foot fascia. I will check all the screws before we take it out this summer. All in all, I think we got our moneys worth but I think this year or next we will probably either buy a class A or class C. Every thing works and we added a back up/rear view camera which is worth the trip and we bought a cover for the 2nd and 3rd winters. So we will either sell it or trade it in but whoever buys it should be happy.
- William Bol, Ohio

2020-02-28 2018 Keystone Montana High Country 362RD View Listings

Keystone Director of operations Steven Holme. Assured me Keystone would correct my air conditioning issues in my rv! Now Keystone is back peddling and saying there is nothing wrong with my ac! My rv has 5 slides and 40ft long,with ac in front bedroom and rear den, my livingroom which is in the middle was only cooled to 85 degrees last summer with both ac's running continuously. Keystone knows what required to fix this issue! Beware of Keystone products, and be wary if they say they are going to do something for you!
- Darrell Westfall , North Carolina

2020-02-27 2018 Keystone Montana High Country 331RL View Listings

This is poor quality product. We have only owned for less than two years and has a manufacture defect which they are not owning up to. Warranty service is useless. I would never purchase from this company again. Buyers beware!!!!!!
- Dee Bushong, Washington

2020-02-27 2008 Keystone Everest 345S View Listings

We have only been in it for one season and really like it. We just ate unable to come to Arizona anymore. We are in Mesa Spirit RV. It is on an annual resident site and comes with the shed. Great floor plan and full size fridge. Newer tires.
- Marcia Kerekes, Arizona

2020-02-24 2020 Keystone Premier 34BI View Listings

Has a huge manufactures defect. The slide in the living room slides in to far and hits the island in the kitchen causing the leather on the kitchen table seats to rip. Having to have mine fixed and haven’t even taken it home yet. Other then that it seems just fine. Tows really well with my F-150.
- Chris, Georgia

2020-02-22 2020 Keystone Bullet 273BHS View Listings

We absolutely love the light interior and quality of cabinets. We have a TT and it’s absolutely more than we anticipated. It exceeded our expectations for overall quality and looks! Its spacious and perfect in every way! Plenty of space!
- Karla, Florida