Keystone Reviews on RV Insider (1,383)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Keystone RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Kurt Jankowski from Michigan says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2017 Keystone Montana 3720RL View Listings

We've had many Keystone fifth wheels when to the camper show last night in Novi Michigan the new Montana fifth wheels are junk the quality of the cupboards and wood work is really poor quality I will keep my 2014 Big Sky was going to get a new Montana. I like the new floor plans but the quality is very cheap the furniture is cheap The faucets they put in the kitchen and bathroom are very cheap I don't know why they did this to a Montana but my 2005 Mountaineer fifth wheel we had was a better quality Better Built fifth wheel then the new Montana's today the TVs and electronics are all poor quality I have no idea why Keystone is doing this the back of the fifth wheel is not a full fiberglass piece no more the appliances they are using are the cheapest on the market Montana is supposed to be a higher-end 5th wheel a lot of people don't know how they used to be.
- Kurt Jankowski, Michigan

2020-11-21 2011 Keystone Montana Hickory 2955RL View Listings

It was just me in the camper. I purchased after death of spouse in an antisipated move to Texas. It is very clean and I had no problem towing across country. Since I have been the owner , it has been covered when not in use. .
- Sharon Doran, Texas

2020-11-18 2012 Keystone Montana High Country 313RE View Listings

We love our 2012 Montana High Country. It’s lightweight, aluminum construction is excellent. This Montana is a four season RV. With the extra options, washer dryer combo, window awnings and large living room, this 5th wheel is very comfortable. This is a high end 5th wheel with real walnut wood and wonderful details. Highly Recommend it.
- Jodi C, Massachusetts

2020-11-18 2018 Keystone Alpine 3800FK View Listings

I purchased this fifth wheel new In February, 2018. It was towed from the dealership to a lake approx. 70 miles away. It has been towed a total of 500 yards since. In Sept. 2020, with no warning, the rear gray tank fell out of fifth wheel, causing $4500 in damages. This gray tank is always left open for constant drainage, with the exception of a couple times a year I fill it to 3/4 full and clean it out. Keystone wS advised of the situation,advised how little it had been towed since purchase, and they immediately stated it wasn't under warranty and wanted nothing to do with me. Additionally, from the factory, the shower was plumbed to drain into the black tank. Yes, I said that right....THE BLACK, tank. I can't help but wonder if they can't plumb a shower correctly, they probably can't mount a gray tank correctly either. Insurance is currently fixing the issues, but beware, their quality is severely suspect.
- James, California

2020-11-16 2020 Keystone Alpine 3700FL View Listings

I love my RV but there are a couple issues. First issue is the furnace doesn’t heat the back but does a great job in the front. When I have the heater on the floor around the island sink get real warm and there is a poping noise.
- William, Wyoming

2020-11-15 2018 Keystone Outback 1800RB View Listings

Great rv for small family. Tows great. Can pull with an suv. Murphy bed is easy to use and very comfortable. Power awning is a nice addition. A/c works remarkably well. Fridge is good size. Bathroom is adequate. Overall a nice camper
- Mike Tenny, South Carolina

2020-11-10 2021 Keystone Hideout 300RLDS View Listings

Great camper with room to spare for just the two of us. Minor flaws - when slide is pulled in handle hits island marring the finish. Edge trim on shower is pulling up. Been in service department for a month to fix these little defects. That's month of camping I will not get back as well as paying monthly payment for the camper.. Camper short comings - No propane connection on outside. Top shelf of pantry leaves little room to access top self, which is biggest storage shelf. Push button light on pantry ceiling. No ones that tall and its hard to find button in dark with a stick to turn it on. Should had mad switch on wall for it. Need stick to close moon roof blinds. Not sure the durability of long closet doors and drawers. They seem flimsy.. These were items that could had more attention for their customers. Overall great camper and layout. Love it and work through the little issues to enjoy our time with the camper. It did not come with outside kitchen but still great camper.
- Stuart, Oklahoma

2020-11-10 2019 Keystone Fuzion 427 View Listings

Pulls like a dream .sets up quick.nice floor plan all appliances seem to work .but but 1st trip window valance came off messed up the roller shade .installer only screwed one side .the trim throughout the rv is coming off . Daily have to reglue it and put back in place.poor poor workmanship. No no quality control . Pay alot of money for thin masonite like wood through out covered in cheap wall paper.. screws in floor popping up through the linoleum. Have to screw back down never ever buy a new camper past 2017 ..
- Larry hudson, Texas

2020-11-09 2017 Keystone Cougar Half-Ton 268RLSWE View Listings

I purchased this unit new in October of 2017. The third time it went out the skirting pulled off the front on the freeway requiring a roadside repair. Keystone didn't view this as a warranty issue even though the skirting in the front was only secured with small head screws and no washer or wide head fastener to distribute the load across more of the skirting material's surface. This resulted in a nearly $2,000.00 insurance claim. At about a year and change in service, the leveling system failed and rear jacks went out. When the service tech was troubleshooting he found the electrical terminations weren't crimped - just twisted together - this fried the control board and jacks apparently - covered under extended warranty. The intake from the water tank to the pump was cut short, leading to restricted flow - self repaired, cost me a weekend of troubleshooting to discover the issue. No clue why the pump system was installed without an easy access bay. The bottom of the pantry caved in almost immediately - when working on the water pump I decided to look at it - the tech that built it forgot to screw in the rear support that was screwed in on all other shelves. No one at the factory is QA'ing the work apparently of their techs. The craftsmanship is low. Screws are inserted at odd angles, cabinetry is poor leading to a need for repair. If you get one - spend a week going through it and reinforcing it - the underside will immediately rust without some priming, undercoating, or hitting it with paraffin and bar oil before going out. This includes exposed gas lines underneath. Lastly - the dealer didn't call out the issue in towing with a newer super-duty truck - the trailer is too low or the truck is too high - estimated cost to fix is around 2k - to left the trailer (or add pneumatic suspension to the truck). If I'd known this was an issue at the start I could have ordered it done before pickup - now I have to take the unit out of service to do it. At this stage I'd almost rather live with it until I replace it - this problem causes: a) Spare tire drags until the mount is broken, b) rear can drag, c) load distribution is wrong - especially when pulling tanked. I chose this floor plan intentionally but after nearly 3 years I've found this: 1) Get a bedroom slide - the nose facing bed is hard to make and get in and out of. I thought it would make it easier to use at job sites but in reality - the bedroom slide would be high enough it wouldn't matter and you could use the bed fine with it closed but the gain in closet space is critical. There's not enough usable storage - lots of deep/hard to access storage. 2) If you are using for work consider a toy hauler and convert the toy bay to a work bay - that seems better - I deleted the dinette and installed a workstation that works for me. Another better option would have been one with a bunk bay and rip that out for a work area. I wish they made it easy to custom order changes like this to minimize the damage from open screw holes after customizing. The recliners were positioned in bad areas, same with the dinette - totally uncomfortable so I'd just as soon not paid for them and paid for something more useful. (THis is true for just about every RV on the market - not specific to this one) 3) I really wish they'd just run the vinyl flooring all over and not this stupid carpet - it's hard to keep clean, I don't want to carry a power vac with me and a dust buster/stick vac can't handle it. If this was a 40' fifth wheel I could see the extra space or a central vac but it isn't. 4) This unit was delivered in the Pacific NW, it isn't well enough insulated for the Eastern side of the state so I eat propane during cold months - hence I carry 4 tanks to ensure I can make it a week without refilling. (At 19 or less I can't go without heat for more than a minute or risk water lines freezing.If I know it's going to run at 10 or below I just winterize it and pack water along - it's a pain but safest. 5) Take some time and build some protection around pipes in the cargo bay - just looks like a problem waiting to happen. 6) If you can do it consider ripping out the pantry and replacing it with a slide-out system - it will cost a bit but will make the space way more usable. Same for the above the sink cabinet - a slide-out or something to make it other than a giant bay that things slide in.
- Isaac Lenox, Washington

2020-11-09 2017 Keystone Montana 293RK View Listings

Best Value for its weight and size. While its not a high end 5th wheel it is well built and designed with quality amenities. Wide open Floor Plan. The Trailer is very comfortable to pull and Easy to set up with the self Leveling system.
- Paul Lanning, Oregon

2020-11-08 2020 Keystone Sprinter Limited 330KBS View Listings

Cheaply made, first week trim was coming off, winter package is a joke, floor is not glued down, squishie and floating when furnace is on,condensation is ridiculous, cheap appliances, table is slanted,cheap uncomfortable furniture, door latch doesn't lock right, outside hose connector doesn't fit right,fireplace doesn't put out much heat, can't step down amps without everything malfunctioning, toilet cracked first week, windows don't seal correctly, viewing window fills with water and ice from condensation. I will never spend this kind of money on a keystone again. Only thing I really like is the floor plan.
- Jacqueline, Oregon

2020-11-08 2018 Keystone Passport Express 195RB View Listings

Trailer only 2 years old and stored for 5.months over winter in climate controlled storage gel coat pealed off of front fiberglass on the roof line company said it was sun damage and would not stand behind their junk I will post as much as I can on internet to warn people not to by their junk
- Dale Brown, Pennsylvania

2020-11-06 2019 Keystone Cougar Half-Ton 30RLS View Listings

Bought this 2019 unit new at a Gander RV new location. The unit was transferred from another dealership in order to give this new location inventory to sell. At this point, the Gander RV local location is repairing all of the issues; however, many of the defects should have been caught before the unit was handed to me. 1. King pin bent observed at the dealership, local sales manager tried to convince me by hooking up his truck that it was "fine" and "normal". I said that I wanted it fixed and then he used the Keystone warranty approval process and lead time on parts to try and push me.....I refused to write the $34,000 check and walked away. I got a call at home saying they found a king pin hitch plate on the parts shelf and fixed it! 2. Moisture in back left tail light - again, dealer tried to tell me that was normal. 3. Flickering running lights - by door and front left corner - one replaced, not caulked. Second just reported. 4. Furrion antenna broke off on first trip - part of a recall notice and was replaced with a 360 winegard and the technician failed to fully caulk all the way around the base with Dicor. 5. All walls of show enclosure warped away from wall - I repaired and caulked to make sure it was done correctly. 6. Screw pushed up through the linoleum floor in the main living area, now I have to live with a patch floor on a brand new trailer. 7. Rear right stabilizer was bent and fell off - dealer said it was probably damaged when lift with a fork truck. What??? 8. Grey tank 1 valve leaks, discovered when I got covered taking off the sewer cap the first time. Should have been a check point at the dealer. 9. Black water flush does not work - the common check valve under the sink issue. Now the sensors are messed up. 10. Front battery storage door latch installed too high and it does not actually lock the door.... I bought this unit in September and it is only November. I was told to make a list and that I had 12 months to get everything reported. Fortunately, we have been camping a lot and only staying in one spot for 3 days max. This constant set up and tear down process is exposing defects.
- Mark, Florida

2020-11-06 2021 Keystone Laredo 298 View Listings

I have used this rv for work and pleasure. Ive had it for approx 6 months. It pulls easy and came with decent 10ply tires so far I have approx 2500 miles on them. I have found some issues but quick to fix. My stove fan was sucking air instead of blowing out rear so reversed woring and fixed less than 10 min. The dump tanks are incorrectly labeled but will relabel as needed. Overall for a budget and cost of unit im pleased that i could afford a brand new unit and still be in budget. Honestly it will last as long as a 80k unit. Come to facts all is built within spec of each other. It has absolutely every option money can buy solar,winegard 360,auto level,2 kitchens,2 refrigerator,2 microwave. I did change mattress right away to a plush one..... unknown on warranty!!!!
- Dennis, Ohio

2020-11-04 2015 Keystone Cougar X-Lite 28SGS View Listings

I would highly recommend this RV. It is dependable and the use of storage space is excellent. Its perfect for long term stays and it tows like there is nothing behind you. I have owned a few different Cougar fifth wheels and have never had any issues other than standard maintenance.
- Roy, Michigan

2020-11-03 2020 Keystone Cougar Half-Ton 29RKS View Listings

We love the floor plan and quality is greatly improved over our 2018. Tow ability is Great. Would highly recommend the 29RKS. The auto leveling was a big reason we went With the Cougar. The other brands were a large added expense to get the same equipment as standard on the Half ton towable by Vougar.
- David, California

2020-11-02 2012 Keystone Cougar 327RES View Listings

I was surprized how well the cabinets are built Has rear bunks basic floorplan ,but two seperate entrances to bedroom big bathroom decent size shower we love it! However, theres a smell! not mold but sweaty rv when not in use the smell carries on anything you bring home I once called keystone and they told me i should get private testing done (Really?) I dont like customer service, never able to help me
- steve rosenberg, New Jersey

2020-10-31 2019 Keystone Cougar Half-Ton 30RLS View Listings

This travel trailer should of been painted Yellow. Had nothing but Trouble with it, sence we bought it. One problem after another. The older ones had a better quality. Don't buy this one, cheap quality.
- Rob Zemcke, Idaho

2020-10-29 2015 Keystone Passport Elite 23RB View Listings

Bought ours used (2015) from TerryTown in Grand Rapids, MI. Was the floor plan we wanted (couple's coach) and brought it home. I noticed that the front and rear caps on these delaminate quite bad. Ours is starting on the front at the top. So far no leaking. The right rear tire is wearing out on the outside of the tread. Guess I'll have to check if someone can straighten (?) the axle. Overall quality seems about par with others in this price range. Not bad, but not great either. Looking foward to camping in it next season. NO idea of factory warrantee, as is out of time.
- Chris Fine, Indiana

2020-10-27 2018 Keystone Bullet Premier 24RKPR View Listings

I love this Trailer for a couple or small family. It is easy to pull and manuever. Well constructed, and lightweight.The fiberglass sides make it easier to clean. There are led lights throughout and even the awning lights up with led. Nice comfortable mattress is on the queen bed. This is a solid well built trailer and you should enjoy it for years. All the comforts of home! Since this is fully stocked and ready to go. I would love to see someone love it as much as I did.
- Robert, North Carolina

2020-10-27 2014 Keystone Montana Mountaineer 375FLF View Listings

Great 5th wheel! Forward living room with TV and fire place frees up the kitchen area for meals. Big bedroom and bathroom as well. Sleep six with two fold out queen beds. Dual propane makes for easy Boondocking if desired.
- Mike McQ, Arizona

2020-10-25 2019 Keystone Alpine 3701FL View Listings

Beware. Don’t spend your money buying this trailer You will spend more time getting it repaired than you will enjoying it. The refrigerator is a piece of s**t. We are taking ours In again. Second time in 2 months. Trailer is a year old.
- Jill calhoun, Texas

2020-10-24 2017 Keystone Outback 220URB View Listings

I own this trailer.. I have used it 2 times. It is a great trailer but my time to enjoy is very limited!
- Jeff Geyer, Georgia

2020-10-20 2021 Keystone Cougar 26RBS21 View Listings

Well I have owned this travel trailer for less than 30 days now and after receiving our real first rain in our area I noticed that the skylight in the shower is leaking. Upon further inspection I noticed cracking around the decoration portion of the skylight next to one of the screws, which looks like it was over tightened when they install it. The part that really chaps my hide is that, according to the dealership service department, if the skylight needs to be re-sealed then sealing is not covered under the warranty and therefore the cost of the sealant and the techs time comes out of my own pocket (kinda sucks for only having the trailer for less than a month and using it for nothing more than a home office). Heck, even a car dealership will cover something within the first x amount of days (usually 30) if you find something wrong that needs fixing.
- mmessuri@4rsons.com, Ohio

2020-10-20 2016 Keystone Impact 300 View Listings

I bought this camper new from Camping World, first mistake. Immediately I started having water leaks. They would keep the camper for about 3 months and claim the leaks were repaired. Then I noticed the front cap was delaminating and because of water damage. When I told Camping World about it, they stated I had not done proper maintenance to the roof. They did the roof each year. The last leak was where the kitchen sink attaches to the grey water tank and the 90 degree pvc fitting was not glued so it came off and eventually damaged all the flooring in the kitchen, bathroom, and garage area. Contacted Keystone and was told they would do nothing because my camper was out of warranty. I camp quite a bit and I tell EVERYONE, don't buy Keystone because they are built cheaply and they do not back their product.
- Steve Gardiner, Tennessee