Keystone Reviews on RV Insider (1,441)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Keystone RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Kurt Jankowski from Michigan says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2017 Keystone Montana 3720RL View Listings

We've had many Keystone fifth wheels when to the camper show last night in Novi Michigan the new Montana fifth wheels are junk the quality of the cupboards and wood work is really poor quality I will keep my 2014 Big Sky was going to get a new Montana. I like the new floor plans but the quality is very cheap the furniture is cheap The faucets they put in the kitchen and bathroom are very cheap I don't know why they did this to a Montana but my 2005 Mountaineer fifth wheel we had was a better quality Better Built fifth wheel then the new Montana's today the TVs and electronics are all poor quality I have no idea why Keystone is doing this the back of the fifth wheel is not a full fiberglass piece no more the appliances they are using are the cheapest on the market Montana is supposed to be a higher-end 5th wheel a lot of people don't know how they used to be.
- Kurt Jankowski, Michigan

2021-02-16 2020 Keystone Cougar Half-Ton 29RKS View Listings

So far we are very happy with our RV the only exception is the tri-fold couch and the heating system. As far as a couch it is ok. As far as a fold out bed it is horrible unless you have little kids to sleep on it. The biggest issue is that when you fold down the back to make the platform it is not level. The frames attached to the sides of the couch are installed on a slope. Not sure why they did it this way or if we just got a bad one. And the overall quality of the couch is poor. Also the way in which they secured the couch into the camper was to drive two screws down through the back and into the floor. I think they could have put a proper bracing system in. As for the heating system the furnace only blows hot air into the living room/kitchen area. There are floor vents but appear to be returns. So it does pull warm air into the bedroom but I would have expected a supply in the bedroom as well. For these reasons i gave 3 stars for overall quality.
- Rob Stockwell, Massachusetts

2021-02-15 2016 Keystone Cougar X-Lite 21RBS View Listings

We bought our 2016 inspired by the "polar package." Don't believe it! Today we are south of Houston in an ice storm; campground electricity went out. Ran furnace all night, but pipes still froze. Good: floorplan - one of the biggest kitchens around. Large slide-out dining area hasn't failed in 4 1/2 years. Often-used parts like faucets, toilet have held up we'll, although we do have a soft spot in the floor near the entry door. Cleans up good, except for dining carpet.
- Brook Mark, Colorado

2021-02-14 2019 Keystone Montana High Country 305RL View Listings

We purchased our 2019 Montana High Country at the end of 2019. We previously had a travel trailer but had chosen to upgrade to a larger camper. We liked the layout, set up and roominess of our camper. With the camper, we purchased a Pullrite hitch designed for shorter bed trucks. Just off the lot, it was obvious that the hitch wasn't properly set up and adjusted due to the amount of chunking we experienced on the ride home (a relatively simple fix if the unit had been test driven-Camping World). The longer we owned the camper, the more issues we found with construction and set up. The first obvious discrepancy was the auto level which was out of level by nearly 8 inches. A camper that is not level will have issues with slides going in and out and refrigerator doors closing properly. After resolving the hitch adjustment and auto level issues, our next issue was the auto recliners not being properly fastened to the subfloor. After fastening down the recliners with the proper number of fasteners to the subfloor, our next issue was a leak in the main air-conditioning unit as well as leaks through the air-conditioning unit during heavy rains. This was a large inconvenience for guests who slept on the foldout bed. The foldout bed when extended does not sit in a level manner resulting in guests having to sleep with their feet against the back of the couch. The next issue we had with our camper was with the slide cable system. We have 3 slides all of which had cables that were improperly adjusted. The largest slide had cables so tight that the motor was working against the cables in both directions. The kitchen slide cables were loose and canted resulting in improper operation as well. We are still contending with a refrigerator door system that does not close securely each and every time resulting in rising temperatures. We have dealt with accessories which are poorly assembled and put together. We have reassembled each and every window blind in the camper as well as re-sewed comforters due to improper stitching and assembly. Each time we arrive at our destination, there is sawdust on the sinks and floors due to improper cleanup of the HVAC ducting at the factory. Understanding that things loosen during travel time, we have had leaks under the kitchen sink due to improperly tightened sink drain plumbing joints. The table chairs had joints which were only pressed together with no glue applied to the joints requiring additional work to reassemble the chairs. The Montana High Country is not for the faint of heart. Be prepared to either do a lot of maintenance and repairs as an owner or not have your fifth wheel when you want it because it is still in the shop for miscellaneous repairs.
- Dan Kreiley, North Carolina

2021-02-12 2019 Keystone Cougar Half-Ton 30RLS View Listings

6 months after purchased, auto leveling went out. Called authorized dealer They removed part for warranty Called this month, Feb, to bring RV to them to replace. Cost just under $400 Part only warranty, trip and repair labor not covered ( we had purchased the lifetime warranty when purchased unit) 4 door fridge opens during travel when loaded, place for locks, not given to us by dealer Bottom drawer latch under fridge not closing, was open when closing dinette slide, broke drawer Outlet in dinette not secure Molding on sofa slide coming off Something scratching making marks on flooring when sliding sofa slide in and out Fridge blowing fuses when on electric Can’t make dvd/cd player work Won’t be a year old til May 2021 Very disappointed in quality
- Janice, Georgia

2021-02-10 2020 Keystone Outback 328RL View Listings

Good floor plan with plenty of storage space , comfortable enough to live in for a month at a time. The bad ... trim pieces popping off everywhere, finding things that were not properly aligned during assembly, salesman was good, but now I realize he was full of crap like all salesman , service department only repairs a few things then tell me parts are back ordered and parts department orders parts that are not for my unit (dam dumb- I bought it new from them ) I had a keystone raptor toy hauler 3912 before and it was much better quality ) this one is shot together with an air nailer by a guy who smoked a fatty at break time- nowhere near the quality that keystone brags about and for their "made in the USA " - it comes with China tires, leaky faucet, trim falling off, refrigerator vent blew off first trip, roller shade quit, toilet leaked, TV switch box was defective, 1 awning had to be replaced (holes like it was sewed wrong then pulled out the stitches and moved) end panels in the cabinets came out ... all of this is within a 6 month period and 4 trips or about 6 weeks of vacation time. I don't know what brand would be better but I wish I had looked a little harder.
- Ed, Illinois

2021-02-10 2019 Keystone Raptor 427 View Listings

We purchased a 2019 427 raptor brand new in October of 2020,we didnt use it until December, first time being snowbirds in Texas, what a piece of junk! We have had it in for repairs more then We have been able to use it. Water in storage below, stereo/dvd player didnt work, no heat in bedroom, bathroom, molding along ceiling falling off, wood boards on 3 slides pulled off, bathroom sink started to peel off, shower doors fell off, sink faucet knob didnt work after about two weeks, the cover over oven does not fold up right, still doesn't. Molding on out side popping of from expansion of cold to warm as its plastic and one would think it would have been spec for that. Frig doors didnt seal, out of ten double shaded windows four broke and are still broke, going in April again for repairs. The slide in the kitchen is to low and pulled the flooring up, that is also being fixed in April, that means another summer of repairs, and a third time in the shop. I feel we were sold a lemon and looking into lemon laws in my state and in Indiana where we purchased it from. Sad thing is.. we looked for a year,did alot of research and my husband wanted this one.i did not.Very disappointed.
- Victoria Cavadias, Wisconsin

2021-02-08 2019 Keystone Cougar Half-Ton 29RKS View Listings

We have had this unit since the end of 2018. We have nothing but love for it. We have had very minimal issues with it. We bought it at Camping World in Colfax (Greensboro NC) and they went over everything before we left with it. The only issues with it was our fault. We got a unit with only 1 AC on it - NOT A GOOD IDEA because the AC on these models are in back with the kitchen. We purchased another AC to go on the front (not tied in with the other unit but does fine). Now we love it. The fireplace is awesome as well. Keeping my fingers crossed that all of our trips are as good as they have been so far with this unit.
- Sherri Gerringer, North Carolina

2021-02-06 2010 Keystone Bullet 246RBS View Listings

Very nice and comfy bed. Kids loved the pull out couch and dinette. We have cooked full meals inside while raining. Easy to clean. Easy to pull and easy to setup! I love the back bathroom and front bedroom and the DOUBLE DOORS so we don’t have to track through the whole camper when having to use main door.
- Rita McCauley, South Carolina

2021-02-06 2013 Keystone Montana 3402RL View Listings

We have totally loved our 5th wheel. A few 2 to 6 month trips and a year long trip. Best floor plan..so comfy. Love the 6 pt auto level and in board vac. So much storage in floor to ceiling pantry and nice closet at door. 2 closets in bdrm, king bed, sink in bath AND bdrm, loved the 2 drawer desk and electric heat fireplace. Electric awning is so easy. Did have roof issue while under warranty (used staples) so Keystone did replace. Never any issues with this rig. But as we are mud 70s and health issues...time to sell.
- Bob , Colorado

2021-02-05 2019 Keystone Cougar Half-Ton 32RLI View Listings

Hope I can save someone the trouble of buys a keystone. I bought a 2021 keystone Cougar and have been let down at every turn horrible customer service at the Keystone place horrible product I got a three page list of things wrong with my trailer they refused to fix most of them even though they’re factory defect’s. I’ve had three shops tell me that they’re not gonna work on my crappy trailer and they won’t stand behind their product and give me my money back or give me a new trailer. This thing it leaks everywhere. Literally everything has been broken on it I mean it’s a joke I’ve been in the shop like 45 times and it is ridiculous and I can’t even get the whole thing fixed because no shop wants to work on it and Keystone won’t stand behind their product they denying to fix a whole bunch of stuff even know it is factory defects I would never buy another trailer for this place they are a joke.
- Donald, Missouri

2021-02-03 2018 Keystone Montana Legacy 3811MS View Listings

We have owned many Class A Motorhomes and this was our first 5th Wheel. We did a lot of research on all makes and models before choosing this particular 5th Wheel. What sold us on it was it's stunning appearance from the exterior and once we stepped inside we were in love. The amenities superceded all our expectations and the detail to craftsmanship said "BUY ME". We have not been disappointed with it in any way and are only selling it because of retirement and wanting to live in our Florida home instead of camping. It is quite functional for year round living but we have 6 grandchildren and a need for more bedrooms when they visit us. It also pulls better in the wind than any of our 40' class A motorcoaches ever did. It's a 5 star 5th Wheel!
- Wendy McIntyre, Minnesota

2021-02-03 2017 Keystone Cougar X-Lite 28SGS View Listings

There is no warranty. Awnings cover all slide outs to keep debris off slides. Climbs mountains without hesitation. Auto leveling is a great bonus, making set up a dream. Black water pipe stored at front of RV in PVC pipe under front frame. Dish playmaker included.
- barbara, Georgia

2021-01-30 2013 Keystone Cougar 325SRX View Listings

This 5th Wheel is very spacious and well built. Awesome floor plan, lots of room and storage. Trailer is very easy to tow and back up into campground spots. We really enjoy with the large remote controlled outside awning, speakers and lots of storage space underneath too. Ours has all new LED lighting which makes it so bright and cheerful inside... 2013 is a very solid unit.
- Richard, Florida

2021-01-27 2016 Keystone Sprinter 353FWDEN View Listings

I love the looks and layout of this camper. The quality of the finishes is very poor though my counters have cracks in them, the wall paper is wrinkling and the tack paper that looks like wood on the doors it peeling off. None of my exterior lights work. Most disappointing of all is that in the summer this camper gets very hot. I do have 2 AC's it just does not make it in the heat of the day. If you get one of these campers park in shade or don't use it during the summer.
- John, Texas

2021-01-27 2019 Keystone Sprinter 3550FWMLS View Listings

Great fifth and great shape! Looks like brand new! Everything works and hauls great and with all four slide outs open it is big and roomy! Fireplace will heat the bottom of the camper and it’s electric! Also got a winter cover for it
- Kenneth Richardson, Tennessee

2021-01-26 2015 Keystone Montana 3611RL View Listings

I love my 3611rl Montana. We had some issue but no different from any other fifth wheel on the market. No major problems, many compliments on the floor plan. Yes we had all our tank valves replaced. S
- Pam Swanson, Michigan

2021-01-23 2014 Keystone Montana Paramount 3402RL View Listings

The Montana 3402 has the most inside storage I've ever seen. Huge cabinets, Pantry, Isl Cabinets open on both sides. Two sinks and vanities in brm are great. Convect micro is a great feature. Very comfortable for fulltime or short term. Love the counter space!
- Wayne, Arizona

2021-01-23 2018 Keystone Montana High Country 362RD View Listings

I Loved this RV.I only have one thing to say I was not happy on. I think they need more storage in Bunk house!Also I think that it's misleading about the size of the one bunk over the recliners in the bunkhouse. It really only fits a small adult or small child comfortably. My son who is now 15 and 6FT can not fit up there to sleep. But the other one above the TV is of good size!
- dawnie316, Georgia

2021-01-23 2016 Keystone Passport 2250RB View Listings

I recommend this sweet adorable travel trailer to anyone, definitely worth the 5 stars and more. Very reliable and has everything you need. I love the outside kitchen where you can cook breakfast, lunch and dinner outside on a beautiful day and it's very convenient.
- Tanya Nelson, North Carolina

2021-01-21 2021 Keystone Cougar 26RBS21 View Listings

Have owned unit for little less than 3 months. 12 volt system has gone out twice. First time was bad battery from dealer, second time dealer unsure "can't find a problem". We love our unit, dream come true when power ok. So far dealer is doing, we believe, all they can to resolve issue.
- Greg Jones, Georgia

2021-01-20 2014 Keystone Alpine 3250RL View Listings

We purchased our 5th wheel from Clickit rv in Spokane, WA. They delivered it to us. First thing that happened, driver had to turn around and go back to dealership because the roof membrane blew off. After we finally got it weeks later, our furnace quit working, then it rained and water came into the rv through our slide in the bedroom getting our carpet wet., our carpet in the living room had black stains coming up through the carpet, my son said it was in the padding underneath. Now we discovered our black tank is leaking into the bladder causing severe odors throughout the rv. We have been staying in this 5th wheel for a few months now and we're not happy to have it delivered in such shape, and knowing it couldn't have been properly inspected. Even though they sold us a preowned 5th wheel, we shouldn't have to experience these kind of problems.
- Linda Murray, Washington

2021-01-16 2019 Keystone Cougar Half-Ton 32RLI View Listings

When we purchased this RV in 2019, we were in love with it. We had planned to live in it during our retirement. We loved the floor plan. Then COVID hit in 2020 and my husband began working from home. We decided to live in our camper for 3 months in 2020 and traveled further than our backyard. We pulled the RV from Missouri to Maryland. That's when the trouble began. Our ceiling began to fall off. We thought than when traveling cross country the ceiling should stay on and that there was a manufacturer defect. But when we got home at the end of 3 months, Keystone wouldn't fix the ceiling. They said it was out of warranty (we even purchased extended warranties). Keystone does not stand behind their product and do not care that their manufacturing is of poor quality.
- Kay Woelfle, Missouri

2021-01-16 2019 Keystone Avalanche 301RE View Listings

I think this RV is terrific. Opposing slides in living area make it feel larger than it is. Bedroom has room to move, store and change clothes, in short to live in. We had 3 5th wheels before this, and this should have been the one from the beginning. Lots of storage space. including large closet in BR and pantry in kitchen. Quality seems to be excellent. The refrigerator section of the Samsung residential refrigerator stopped working. Samsung repair was difficult to deal with, so Kaystone gave allowance for new fridge, a slightly larger GE. Lots of storage space. I highly recommend this RV.
- Richard Cinanni, Florida

2021-01-16 2017 Keystone Cougar 333MKS View Listings

The floor plan is the best I have experienced. We have never had any issues since buying it. The heat and A/C are very well designed to keep you very comfortable. Everything is in like new condition and works as it should. Nonsmokers, no bunks.
- Mike Wickens, New York