Keystone RVs Reviews (960)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Keystone RVs Reviews and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of these RVs.

Kurt Jankowski from Michigan says:

Have you owned any Keystone RVs? Write a review

Voted Most Helpful Review 2017 Keystone Montana 3720RL View Listings

We've had many Keystone fifth wheels when to the camper show last night in Novi Michigan the new Montana fifth wheels are junk the quality of the cupboards and wood work is really poor quality I will keep my 2014 Big Sky was going to get a new Montana. I like the new floor plans but the quality is very cheap the furniture is cheap The faucets they put in the kitchen and bathroom are very cheap I don't know why they did this to a Montana but my 2005 Mountaineer fifth wheel we had was a better quality Better Built fifth wheel then the new Montana's today the TVs and electronics are all poor quality I have no idea why Keystone is doing this the back of the fifth wheel is not a full fiberglass piece no more the appliances they are using are the cheapest on the market Montana is supposed to be a higher-end 5th wheel a lot of people don't know how they used to be.
- Kurt Jankowski, Michigan

2019-08-19 2018 Keystone Cougar 369BHS View Listings

This is a very spacious RV plenty of options. We’ve had nothing but problems from D laminated slides warped moldings warped outdoor kitchen door cable TV issues broken thermostats we had to have a slide completely taken out and restored this is our second Keystone cougar,we are very unhappy with the quality and when I contacted Keystone directly they told me I have to leave room for error because they’re Put together by piece work.
- Jason, Massachusetts

2019-08-18 2011 Keystone Montana 3455SA View Listings

We full timed it for 2 years in our Montana. My wife loved the kitchen. The high ceiling and opposing slide-outs in the living room area really gives it a spacious feel. Great storage inside and out. Nice solid hickory cabinetry and Corian surfaces throughout gives a quality feel. Comfortable bedroom and bath make living in the rig easy, and I'm 6'4". Tows well, parks easily. A great rig for full timing or snow birding.
- paulruth_100@yahoo.com, Oregon

2019-08-18 2010 Keystone Raptor 300MP View Listings

Bought our Raptor new in 2010. Took excellent care with it. Now in 2019 we have found particle board is used throughout Keystone campers. WE have spent thousands replacing the junk ramp for the garage, the floor in the garage and recently found our bedroom slide would not come back in. I't s mounting assembly for the hydraulic ram has rotted being particle board too. Not one sign of leakage in any of these high cost repairs. Total junk as I suspect 99% of campers most likely are too. I highly recommend staying away from all RV's and campers. Buy land or farms and enjoy your free time without the heartache of camper ownership. So sorry we bought this crap.
- Kenenth B. Lane, Missouri

2019-08-17 2019 Keystone Cougar Half-Ton 27RESWE View Listings

Brought the new 2019 Model and had the trailer out first for 10 days in July and now have it packed on a permanent site. Our first issue was the slide brackets being buckled, second issue the emergency window in the bedroom leaks as it is not fitted correctly and after closer inspection the overall build quality of the trailer is questionable drawers not closing properly and breaking, lots of visible staples and on closer inspection cupboards poorly constructed. Thankfully (hopefully), all these issues will be rectified by our dealer (as promised). Spoke direct to Keystone and had a polite conversation with the person taking the call but at the end of the deal all I took away was that it is down to the dealer to sort out as they took no responsibility (pass the buck) and what did we expect from a mass produced unit? Our two options, one suck it up and see if the unit lasts or two look at trade in on different model and see if that is any better. Would I recommend this Couger model - looks good has bells and whistles, lacks cupboard space and after the issues and the build quality would say go in with your eyes open, it's a trailer and seems all companies have there issues!
- Roy Pierson, Alberta

2019-08-17 2020 Keystone Avalanche 321RS View Listings

Love our Avalanche. Just spent 9 days in it and love it even more. It is beautiful and can fit all 9 family members to visit and eat. The king size bed is great and the storage is very nice. My husband tows it with ease. Easy to set up and enjoy. The appliances are top notch. This is our 5th TV and probably our last. We are very happy campers!
- tracy shepard, California

2019-08-15 2018 Keystone Montana High Country 379RD View Listings

This is a great unit tons of room.. very comfortable.. has all the necessities need to camp or use a temporary home. I would recommend any Montana product extremely reliable easy to pull and set up.. Love the king size bed, the residential refrigerator with ice make.. the large screen tv. this unit is only been used twice with a total of 825 miles..
- Leonard Simmons, Alabama

2019-08-14 2016 Keystone Cougar Half-Ton 28RLSWE View Listings

Polar package to 0 degrees. Comfortable reclining and usability of furniture. Cargo carrier was crap so built my own heavy duty. Light weight. Lots of windows. Ladder walkable roof. Electric awning. Huge bathroom
- John Hammer III, Washington

2019-08-13 2013 Keystone Montana 3150RL View Listings

Overall, we find this fifth wheel met our needs quite accurately. For just two people it is very liveable. Our situation with sometimes having a third person with us has made the desire for a different floor plan our reason for selling. There is plenty of storage for two people, especially if you do not full time. We have traveled in it for two months at a time and found it to meet all our needs. For two people we found the layout quite good. Furniture quality is our only complaint. As 2nd owners we have experienced no major issues. We enjoy the extra space the three slide outs give us.
- Candace Jones, Iowa

2019-08-12 2012 Keystone Montana Mountaineer 362RLQ View Listings

We loved our Montana Mountaineer and, for five years, it was truly “home” for us. Not only was it beautiful inside, it was easy to maneuver and tow. We have owned two other types of RVs (two pull-trailers and a motorhome) but they didn’t compare with our 5th wheel in comfort and livability. Some of my favorite things about the Montana were: DEDICATED OFFICE/DESK SPACE: I especially appreciated the dedicated area for my computer and files. With our other RVs, I had to either use the kitchen table or balance my computer on my lap, and my files had to be boxed up and packed into inconvenient places. When we first considered buying a 5th wheel, we discovered that when others said they had desk space, what they meant was a pullout directly under the TV. So much better with our Montana where I had an actual desk and two file drawers. What a convenience. EXTRA LARGE BATHROOM & SHOWER: Our Montana had one of the largest RV bathrooms I’d ever seen. The shower was large enough for a 6’+ person to shower comfortably and it even had a skylight! Another plus was, in addition to the medicine cabinet above the sink and the cupboard below, there was a floor-to-ceiling corner cabinet! KITCHEN COUNTER SPACE & STORAGE: With its “U shaped” layout and two peninsulas, my workspace was four times what I’d had in our motorhome. Lots of cabinets and storage below both peninsulas in addition to the wall cabinets. FIREPLACE: While it did provide heat and save on propane, my favorite thing about the fireplace was the coziness it gave to our evenings. EXTRA AIR CONDITIONER IN BEDROOM: This bedroom air conditioner was one of the best features we added to our rig and it was an absolute blessing when temperatures rose. HOLDING-TANK HEATING BLANKETS: Since we occasionally spent winters in cold climates, we had heating blankets installed for our holding tanks. Anyone who has ever had to deal with a frozen black-water tank knows what a wise move this was. EASE OF TOWING: 5th Wheels are far easier to tow than trailers. They track so well it’s almost like not having anything hitched to your truck. EXTERIOR STORAGE: We referred to our outside bins as “the basement” because that’s how we used them. They were large enough that we could keep a huge amount of items we didn’t use on a daily basis.
- Myrna Branam, Oregon

2019-08-12 2011 Keystone Alpine 3500RE View Listings

The Dometic Refrigerator gaskets on the doors are shot and they are telling me I have to replace the doors and they cost 1600.00 Dometic Customer Service sucks They said the gaskets are glued but mine is not glued it has a groove to the gasket in
- Belinda Rigsby, Louisiana

2019-08-12 2018 Keystone Hideout View Listings

Just a quick note here rather than go on too much. While generally pleased, maybe to avoid too much buyer's remorse, I have just found a general lack of pride in manufacturing. I'm pretty handy so fixing small things is not a problem but things just seem to have been done on the cheap with the lack of final quality control and attention to usability that I might have expected of the brand.
- Mark, Idaho

2019-08-12 2019 Keystone Sprinter Campfire 27FWML View Listings

This fifth wheel is very attractive and very livable. It has plenty of storage and nice floorplan. This is where the positive ends. The trailer is so poorly made that you almost can not use it. Besides all the little things that broke there are major problems with unit. Faucets and toilets that leak. Air Conditioner that is so weak that it only brings the temperature down 7 degrees from outside air. Kitchen sink and toilet that scratches so easily at that can not even clean with soft cloth. The mattress was so poor that after one week you could see body shapes in it. There are so few plugs that you have stretch cords across room or unplug one item to plug in another. The cable system is ancient according to Direct service man. I could go on but just be careful if you want to use for more than just a weekend.
- Lynn Hill, Utah

2019-08-12 2019 Keystone Hideout Single Axle 179LHS View Listings

We just purchased this camper brand new. First night slide wire came unhooked and slide was stuck. Thankfully we tried it in driveway. They came to us and attached wire back in place. No idea how to use the override to get it closed!!! Went camping. Bad water pump. Drove to dealer. Got water pump. Installed it ourselves. Drove to dealer. Returned no good one. Came next time to camp and mouse was inside. Found big hole left wide open under tub. Sealed hole. Bleached whole camper. Next trip clothes were all molded and wet in closet. Got out ladder and looked at roof. Seems had bubbled, cheap, pliable, black caulk that had holes and slits and no way would that keep water out. Some type of buetyl. What???? We should of inspected roof and seems before we purchased but did not have ladder to inspect the roof and besides, hey, it was brand new. Drove camper back to dealership. Still there. We now have one week left of two week vacation. I am very sure we just paid many thousands of dollars for a molded camper. Dam
- Bonnie Dahl, Iowa

2019-08-11 2015 Keystone Montana High Country 343RL View Listings

The floor plan is great and it tows nicely. I wash and wax my unit with high quality wax 2 or 3 times a year. I have endured many problems that were almost tolerable but the worst so far is the gel coat on the sides of the unit are fading terribly.When I wax it or buff it, it looks fairly nice for about 2 or 3 weeks then it goes back to the terrible faded look. I am going to contact Montana and the large company I purchased it from to see if they will help me with a solution. From what I have read, I am not optimistic. There is no way this unit should be fading the way it is. There must not have been any UV protection in their gel coat mix? I am very disappointed in how my unit looks especially with the care I have given it. I will keep you posted.
- Steve, Pennsylvania

2019-08-07 2015 Keystone Cougar 327RES View Listings

This is the best floor plan I have ever owned. Shopped a long time before we bought it. Towing is a dream, kitchen and storage are excellent. island in kitchen is great. sleeping arrangements are great for two couples or kids and parents. Bathroom is roomy, fireplace is wonderful in cold camping environments, very quite, great ventilation, 2 ACs make the coach very comfortable when it is 95 outside. Has a great turn radius without using the slide on the hitch, one of keystones better efforts.
- jbaileyprs@gmail.com, Florida

2019-08-06 2018 Keystone Residence 401LOFT View Listings

Absolute crap! After a year of ownership and only towing it 12miles total from the dealer it is falling apart. AC won't turn on, fireplace is broken, slide is jacked sideways,shower fixture cracked, both recliners broke and now my septic tank has fallen off the bottom of the trailer.Spoke to keystone customer service and they were no help. Holiday world (the dealer)is even more incompetent. If you buy a trailer please know they are designed to break and the warranty is worthless.
- kevin hall, Texas

2019-08-06 2014 Keystone Bullet Ultra Lite 248RKS View Listings

Bought my 2014 bullet new first two years everything was good third-year noticed front driver side starting to bulge fourth-year floor was spongy on driver side and now this year 2019 floor is spongy on passenger side. Checked for leaks from windows and roof everything tight no water in that area camper has rear bath kitchen is on slide out everything good there I assume it’s cheap plywood starting to delaminate won’t know until the floor is pulled up . Called Keystone they said camper is out of warranty I understand that but a five year old RV should not have spongy floors not sure what my next step is I guess contact lawyer and see what rights I have and will keep going on social media telling my story about Keystone RV‘s will not buy another keystone
- John , New Jersey

2019-08-04 2011 Keystone Copper Canyon 314FWRLS View Listings

Very affordable 5th wheel. Lots of space and easy to tow. Great value for what you get. Has held up well. Love the split level and the working fireplace. Appliances all work great and love the ceiling fan. Lots of under storage space for firewood, BBQ and tools.
- denis@aquapooltile.com, California

2019-08-01 2019 Keystone Springdale 293RK View Listings

This is our first RV and so far we have really enjoyed it. We bought it this January and have since taken it out for two local weekend trips and two long distance, multi-state trips. It is a starter-grade TV so quality is not top-notch, but it still good enough to survive all those trips with only a slight kitchen water line leak (after travelling on horrible Illinois and Michigan highways for several days). Although the trailer is long, we only had trouble maneuvering it into a site at Interlochen State Park in Michigan which had lots of Pine trees, but it wasn't impossible. We upgraded the bed to a residential queen which wiped out the space at the end of the bed, but having the entry to the bathroom off the bedroom helps. Even though we didn't rate th is unit all 5 stars, it is of excellent quality and size for a starter RV. Please email if you have questions, I would be happy to help!
- Allen Cooley, Kansas

2019-08-01 2019 Keystone Cougar Half-Ton 30RLS View Listings

- I am mainly writing this review in response to Jimmy Towe, Arkansas, recent post regarding the black tank flush. We had this issue too and it was the check valve under the bathroom sink. Believe it or not, it was installed BACKWARDS. My cousin owns a Cougar Half-ton too and yep, they installed his backwards too. Once we installed it correctly, it worked fine. - The other common problem that many Cougar owners share is the light installed on the front next to the cargo door does not work. It appears the switch, which is part of the light itself, does not work. You can find these lights everywhere, so I may just go to the local big box store to buy one. - The black tank valve lever came out of its sleeve under the rig and the valve was stuck open. In order to repair it we had to cut into the polypropylene enclosed underbelly. You would not believe the stuff we found in there. Several feet of unused wire, sawdust, wire caps, tape! It was kind of hard to believe. At any rate, the RV repair guy told me he has seen this issue a bunch of times with all makers of RVs. Underneath, next to the valve the pull cable snakes through a sleeve and the cable has a nut on it, preventing the wire from pulling too far out. The nut (stopper) slipped past the plastic from of the valve. It was a 30 minute repair and a $100 later. - Our rig has had a lot of use so far this year since purchasing in March. We take it out every other weekend. That said, on our seventh trip of the season the rear power stabilizer jacks failed. It appears the motor is gone, but thankfully they can still be deployed using the jack handle. - The big one and most annoying of all is the Furrion TV antenna appears to be defective. I can pull into a campsite on a Friday afternoon and I can channel auto scan and it will not find any channels in the scan. When I wake up Saturday morning I can try the process of scanning for channels again and it will find 70 plus channels. If at some point during the day my wife shuts the TV off (which she inevitably will) and I try later to scan for channels, it will not find any. When I wake up Sunday morning and try to scan for channels, it will find every over the air channel there is available. I spoke with Furrion about this issue and thing they there is something going on with heat or moisture interacting with the coax feed line. - Other than these issues we are enjoying our Cougar Half-ton 30RLS, but we are not fooling ourselves. In three years we will trade it in on a new one before things really start breaking. - Main Issues Recap: Rear Stabilizer Jack Motor Not Working, Front Cargo Light Not Working, Black Water Tank Check Valve Installed Backwards, Black Water Tank Valve Stuck Open, Furrion Antenna Not Finding Channels. Good luck!
- Mark Downing, Maryland

2019-07-31 2017 Keystone Sprinter 357FWLFT View Listings

This is a great RV. We replaced the couch in the den with Bunks for the kids. No mechanical issues. Using the Anderson ultimate hitch makes hitching and towing very easy. One thing I would like to see different is to have a better design for water connections. The hose connection is tight for my fat fingers and is not insulated for winter RV use. I would recommend this RV to any family of 5+ or even a couple looking for space/storage and creature comforts. The holding tanks can easily go a full week with a family of 5 which makes electric only (cheep sites) vary practical for week long vacations/boondocking.
- Matt Brown, Oklahoma

2019-07-31 2019 Keystone Bullet Crossfire 2200BHS View Listings

We bought our Bullet this spring. The table fell off the wall, the seat nearest the door collapsed. Additionally, the tube provided for a drain pipe storage is all of 2 feet long and will not hold standard hoses. There is no rear bumper and no way to carry bicycles or other equipment, such as a generator. (Doing anything after market voids your warranty-which by quality standards I want to keep!). The factory rep, though nice, is not helpful at all.
- David Gerke, Michigan

2019-07-29 2019 Keystone Bullet 243BHSWE View Listings

So we bought our 2019 Keystone Bullet 243BHSWE in July last year. We purchased at Tacoma RV in Fife Washington and they were by far the best dealer experience we found, so we purchased. The unit has been great with a couple small issues and one leak that cant seem to be found? The dealer has made right every step of the way and Keystone has backed then thus far. I can see an upgrade in our future simply because of timing and model when we bought. The Keystone product we enjoy very much and while our trailer is an ultrlite there are very nice things about it that were not on the next up models. These units are hand made and if you pay attention they are all different even when the model is the same. I think that is just installer process??? Any way we will purchase Keystone most likely, already thinking Cougar is the way to go.
- James Finkley, Washington

2019-07-27 2019 Keystone Cougar 29RLD View Listings

1.Could not even take it camping right after purchasing. Furnace would stop working after 2 mins of running. Took it back to the dealer the next day. They said it would be a week before they could get it in for service. I was not happy and was not leaving until someone checked it out. A counter person came out and said their was nothing wrong with it. The furnace was running but the blower fan didn't seem to be working properly. They did nothing else. 80 miles later at home, I started using logic and started replacing fuses. It turns out that the furnace fuse was defective and would open up after a few minutes of the furnace running. 2. Before going on my 1st trip I laid down on the bed and the entire bed fell off of the slide out. Upon inspection I found the mounting screws were not properly installed and in fact some were missing. I had to make the repairs myself just to be able to get the slide out in. 3. Mouldings on the bed fell off on the first trip out. 4. Mouldings on the bathroom door frame popped off while traveling to my campsite. 5. The sliding door to the bathroom came off its track. Upon inspection, the door slide stop was missing. 6. The bathroom door was difficult to close. Upon inspection, I found the door hinge was bent. 7. The door would also not line up with the door handle plunger so it could be locked. 8. The shower must have been installed incorrectly. It does not drain completely unless that side of the trailer is lower. 9. The sliding shade next to the table was improperly installed doesn't completely cover windows when pulled down. Also there are multiple holes drilled. Looks like someone didn't know what they were doing. Window box screw was never installed. 10. Shade over the couch does not stay up and it also does not cover the window completely when pulled down. 11. Straps for securing the TV during transport are not the correct straps. They are to long. 12. While washing my trailer, I climbed on top of the camper and washed all the dust that had settled on it under its shelter. I found where someone had used a pressure washer on the roofs covering and cut it with the spray. Either it was done at the factory or it was done during prep for delivery.
- Kenneth Downing, Georgia