We found this trailer to be very comfortable for trips of up to 4 weeks. In the 4th week we began to wish we had recliners for the evenings. Among our trips were two 5-week trips that included having a second couple staying with us for 10 days. We were all comfortable, although our 6' 2" guest felt claus...
We found this trailer to be very comfortable for trips of up to 4 weeks. In the 4th week we began to wish we had recliners for the evenings. Among our trips were two 5-week trips that included having a second couple staying with us for 10 days. We were all comfortable, although our 6' 2" guest felt claustrophobic in the shower.
We added a plastic medicine cabinet ("contractor's model") to the bathroom, and that satisfied our storage needs.
Things we appreciated:
- mattresses were comfortable
- we slept on the table bed in bear country where we couldn't put out the canvass covered beds
- lots of cupboard space and storage inside
- microwave, stove, oven, water heater, TV, fridge worked well
- bathroom was roomy for this size of trailer
- back bed felt more private and like a separate room because it was half behind the bathroom.
- DVD player and stereo/radio
- dinette was comfortable
- light enough to pull with a small SUV (e.g. Ford Escape)
- pulled very smoothly with a weight distribution and anti-sway hitch
- small enough to fit in nearly all camping sites
- queen sheets fit the mattresses (our previous trailer had an odd-sized mattress)
- nice large awning
- we bought it used and didn't have a warranty, but I was impressed that Jayco emailed me schematics for the walls (we wanted to screw a medicine cabinet to a stud)
- electric plugs above the beds for small light/fans that hook onto the bars supporting the canvass
- outlet at each bed, kitchen, outside, and 2 at the table
Things we wished were different:
- replaced air conditioner at 5-years old
- not one drawer, so kitchen tools and silverware had to be kept in caddies and moved between cupboards for travel and the counter tops for living
- small counter area in kitchen and bath
- no medicine cabinet, so inconvenient for storing toothbrushes, toothpaste, meds, lotions, etc
- difficult to open door to under-sofa storage
- small hatch door on outside
- stove fan was so loud we hated to use it
- smoke detector goes off whenever we cooked unless we had the fan on
- dinette was narrower (benches were closer together) than our old tent trailer and we noticed the difference in leg room, especially with 4 adults sitting there.
- we replaced all the lights with LEDs
- camping on the Oregon coast in heavy winter rain/hail caused the humidity to condense on the canvass and rain on the beds. Normal NW humidity and winter weather was ok.