Jayco

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Jayco RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Rex Rexach from Florida says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2016 Jayco Precept 35UN View Listings

Worst investment ever. My wife and I like it, we use it for a week in December. The main slde leaks its been in the dealer since January. Now the dealer said its a manufature problem and they can not fixe it. Call Jayco several times ,Im still waiting for an answer from them. This a brand new 2016 Jayco Precept in limbo, but im still making payments and storage fees. My advice stay away.... far away from this company and Tampa RVs. The service and sales are terrible. Dont fall for sale piches and 2 year waranty. The 2 year warranty dont mean a thing, much less the service.
- Rex Rexach, Florida

2021-10-12 2016 Jayco Eagle HT 26.5RLS View Listings

This Fifth Wheel is our third one we have owned.It has been a good way to travel being you can leave it and still have a vehicle to travel around the areas we visited.Lived in it 6 weeks in Durham NC while visiting Duke Hospital.The only problem is if you park this in the sun the stock a/c is not large enough to handle the load.As soon as the sun goes down no problem.It got up to 102 degrees for a couple of days.Set up properly it tows well.As for build quality it is a good Fifth wheel.I hope the company that took over Jayco does not cheapen their building of these units.I am a retired auto mechanic and 30 years in the HVACR business.I maintained this Jayco by factory specs.Its ready for its next owner.Offers welcome.
- Don Nichols, New York

2021-10-11 2020 Jayco North Point 377RLBH View Listings

I love the 377 RLBH. We are a family of 6 and this floor plan is absolutely perfect for us. There are 4 sleeping zones, tons of space for storage and all the luxury features of a modern day home. I had my dealership install a third AC unit that matches the factory units and this summer we had it in the 100 degree temps and really high humidity of Florida and the rig kept us really comfortable while only running the AC units on their low blower setting. Massive storage in the front basement. Outdoor kitchen and fridge. LED lights everywhere. I had the dealer also install 4 new AGM batteries so there is plenty of reserve capacity to run electronics, including the residential fridge for hours upon hours. Jayco quality is amazing and this unit still has over 6 months of factory warranty. The tires are Goodyear Endurance Beast tires and they make pulling the rig a walk in the park. I added an Anderson hitch so hooking up only takes a couple minutes and is really easy to remove from the bed of the truck. Overall this has been a really great rig for us!
- Dan Gielow, Missouri

2021-10-11 2018 Jayco Octane Super Lite 265 View Listings

Are family absolutely loves this RV! The interior design is excellent! Floors, upholstery, cabinets and countertops colors all flow together perfectly! Much better than are house. Livability is good, a few grips on the dinette chairs being hard to position. It's always a compromise with an RV, and we get a big open living space and large garage, but the kitchen is split up with a hallway between. Bathroom could be larger, but that would take space from somewhere else. Having the bathroom sink outside the bathroom worked well for us. Quality and warranty are great! We did a wall that bowed out, crooked draw and speaker that died. But for an RV it's great quality and all of these issues where covered under warranty. Toyhauler is easy to pull. We used the Reese Straightline system with no issues. If your truck can tow 10,000lbs you can tow this RV.
- Jason Lakomiak, Ohio

2021-10-11 2016 Jayco North Point 377RLBH View Listings

Trailer is not is working condition as the owners will say it is. I drove eight hours to buy the trailer after they assured me it was in 100% working order and in good condition. Master bedroom glass is completely shattered, screen are broken and is not very clean. Auto leveling system is completely broken as well as the trailer brakes being completely dysfunctional. I towed in 20 miles and turned around because the brakes do not work. Wires were found broken after I brought it back to the owners. They insisted they worked, but they have not towed the trailer once since they purchased it a few years ago. Extreme dishonesty with these people, not to mention they will not return my $1000 down payment I gave them after they told me it was in great condition. Also pictures are from a long time ago. The lot it’s parked in is completely overgrown with vegetation now so what you see in the pictures is before the current damage/condition. Don’t waste your time! This trailer is even towable.
- Ty, Idaho

2021-10-09 2016 Jayco Jay Flight Bungalow 40BHTS View Listings

2 bedroom 1 bath bungalow 41.5 feet 3 slide outs stainless steel kitchen package. Sleeps 6. Futon,queen bed and pull out couch. 2 air conditioners 50 amp. Currently in Orange City. Vacuum hooked up in unit. Washer and dryer hookup.
- Mary, Florida

2021-10-07 2020 Jayco Eagle HT 28.5RSTS View Listings

We are not satisfied with the quality of this RV. Ordered The Moryde Hitch. The hitch failed and bent my truck. No resolution from Dealer nor Jayco. The camper is 2 yrs 4 months old. Now the frame cracked and then broke causing an axle to come loose causing a near accident on a freeway. No one tows a fifth wheel trailer if an axle is loose leaving us 23 hours on the side of freeway till we could find a truck mobile repair with a welder to patch and get us off the side of road. Upon inspection by a trailer repair company the manager showed me where the frame is cracked on the other side also. He explained this is due to too thin of material used by the manufacturer. The axle hangers are torquing in and out over bumps. After so long, he explained, like a paper clip it will break. It’s like something took a 8” bite out of the frame of the Jayco Trailer. I contacted Jayco Customer Service and was informed, since there’s no service history of any frame related repairs my warranty expired 4 months ago and they could not offer any assistance. I had presented the trailer to my dealer in Lubbock on prior occasions complaining about abnormal tire wear. I was told Jayco doesn’t handle tire warranties, that I’d have to go to the local Goodyear Store and make a claim. If you're considering a Jayco, get the frame spring hangers inspected at the weld to the frame. It’s a $5000 fix and it might save you some money, heartache, and safety for the family. Contact me and I’ll provide photos.
- Jim Clanton, Texas

2021-10-07 2020 Jayco North Point 383FKWS View Listings

You will have plenty of features to make every trip a phenomenal one with this North Point fifth wheel! The front kitchen will be fun to work in because you will be able to gaze out at the beautiful scenery through the front window while you sizzle up some steaks on the four-burner range. A theater sofa will be where you want to put your feet up after doing the hard job of washing dishes in the stainless steel sink with residential pull-out faucet, and if you prefer to relax outside, you can do so underneath the two electric awnings with LED lights. The North Point fifth wheels from Jayco provide you with the best combination of luxury and practicality! The 5-Star Handling Package gives these units smooth towing with Goodyear Endurance tires and Dexter axles with Nev-R-Adjust brakes and E-Z Lube hubs. You will also find unmistakable elegance all throughout the interior with an LED fireplace, Bellavati countertops, an integrated sound bar, and a stone and glass tile backsplash in the bathroom. Plus, you will also find a central vacuum system to make it easier to clean the Shaw residential carpeting with stain guard while you are away.
- Tim Smith, Indiana

2021-10-06 2018 Jayco Jay Flight 32BHDS View Listings

Biggest piece of crap I’ve ever owned. Everything you can think of has broken. Valve Under the bathtub was stripped from factory therefore leaked and wrecked all of our kitchen cupboards that needed to be replaced by warranty defective outdoor speaker, cracked bathtub, cracked sun shade in the bathroom, sadly the list goes on and we still have ongoing issues that have not been resolved. The biggest ongoing issue we have is our fridge not being fixed. Hoping it gets resolved soon!
- V, Ontario

2021-09-29 2021 Jayco White Hawk 26RK View Listings

The quality of this RV is outstanding! The floor plan and comfort is great! Another slide out would be nice, but this is a great rig. I’m 6-4 and the taller ceilings are great! The only reason we are selling is to buy a larger RV in a 5th wheel.
- Dave Mustard, Montana

2021-09-27 2021 Jayco Greyhawk 27U View Listings

Having recently bought a Greyhawk 27U by Jayco I can say it is the single worst purchase I've ever made as the quality on this RV is horrible with Jayco support the only thing worse. I liked the floor plan as the unit has a nicer layout proving a decent livable space for a 30 foot RV. As it turns out the biggest issue is what gives the owner so much space, the slide for the king size bed. The slide on this unit continues to fail. After the slide wouldn't work on the first camping trip I had to wait 5 weeks to get a service appointment as the bed cannot be used unless the slide extends as it has a fold out bed. Jayco would only allow their certified techs to address and fix and appointments just weren't available and I was willing to drive to dealers 300 miles away. It wasn't only the slide but the screen door had a 1/2 inch gap from the door frame so screen door couldn't be used. In addition the tank sensors fell off the bottom of the rig and the generator worked only intermittently. After two weeks in service I again took another camping trip only to have the slide fail again, the leveling Jack's failed, the in unit control center failed as did the side view mirrors. Basically the electrical system it seems is comlletely unreliable. Again it is 2 weeks before I can get into service which means the first 3 months I've owned this unit I haven't had a camping trip without a serious mechanical issue, every trip has been ruined. Not sure what I expected from Jayco but "it's unfortunate and you'll have to wait for a service appointment" wasn't the answer I needed. Additionally, their roadside assistance program on my first trip, when I couldn't get the slide in, couldn't provide support for 48 hours! Useless. I've heard from other owners now similar issues so I would say stay away, find a different manufacturer. Jayco is horrible.
- William Krueger, Wisconsin

2021-09-26 2021 Jayco Greyhawk 31F View Listings

Bought a new greyhawk and on the way home it’s leaking hydraulic oil from the jacks all over the rear and underneath. Jacks stop working and says low voltage. Called dealer and made appoint for 6 weeks later. Dealer checked and stated fluid over full from factory and not sure about low voltage problem, may be a problem. Submitted info for warranty to repair. Jayco denied warranty stating customer responsibilities. All water lines exposed underneath. They also mounted all waterlines over the inverter, converter and generator then spray foamed and mounted in place. Each pipe has 3 splice connections. One leak from this thin pvc and everything electrical is ruined. Jayco customer service stated send email for docs. Sent several emails and called a couple times. No one ever called me back. Posted on the company’s Facebook page 7 different times and they just delete it and never contact me. The generator doors are also cut wrong on the 31f causing the unit to overheat and cut off. Jayco stated it’s not their problem. I’ve camped for 25 years and bought 11 different campers. Jayco service is by far the worse I’ve dealt with. And their warranty does not transfer. I finally sold my greyhawk because they would not repair it and I’ll never own another.
- Cca410, Alabama

2021-09-24 2018 Jayco Jay Flight SLX 8 265RLS View Listings

Been in the shop for 9 months out of two and a half years Jayco cover the warranty AC is a piece of junk hot water heater don't work don't buy Jayco customer service is terrible call customer service numerous times they all say the same thing your s*** out of luck been in the shop nine months out of 2 and 1/2 years
- Ricky E Polan, Maryland

2021-09-23 2022 Jayco Redhawk 24B View Listings

We’ve own our rv for 2months and only taken it out twice so far. We have a water leak behind the toilet and a roof leak at a light fixture. The fixture is corroded due to the leak. That’s a no-brainer to show how long that’s been going on. Took it to Camping World to have these issues addressed a few days ago. Since then it’s rained twice. Still no one has looked at the roof leak. I’m told it’s a process. It’s a freaking roof leak. There will be damage to the ceiling if not addressed. No one at the Greenwood, IN location will take it seriously.🤪
- Chuck, Indiana

2021-09-22 2020 Jayco White Hawk 32RL View Listings

Overall, we really like the unit. However, since purchase last year, it has been in the shop 4 times now. Various issues/ problems have happened, and the dealer (Lone Star RV) has yet to resolve the issues. In fact, there are so many issues, that I have now turned it over to Jayco to see if they can help. The dealer has told me that they have contacted Jayco for various approvals, and questions. Funny thing is, Jayco only has 1 claim from August of last year! I am not sure how much, at this point is the build quality, and how much is the service department. Apparently, it is ok to have your unit for months, and still not fix it. And, to top it off, they tell you that they have ordered the parts, when they actually have not. No more Jayco's or Lone Star RV for us. Should have kept my Coachman Clipper.
- Brad Evans, Texas

2021-09-22 2016 Jayco Pinnacle 36FBTS View Listings

I’ve had this camper for a short time. Besides this one I also have a 26 ft. Keystone 5th wheel. Since I am single and the smaller one is better for me to pull around the state, I decided to sell the larger one. My loss will be someone else’s gain.
- Dave Balvin, Iowa

2021-09-22 2020 Jayco North Point 383FKWS View Listings

By far this has been my favorite luxury fifth wheel. The floorplan is amazing with the forward kitchen. When you enter this fifth wheel and the slides are out it’s like you just entered a home. Even the standard Goodyear tires and the quality roof support that holds more than any other camper on the market according to Jayco. It’s an amazing unit.
- Tim Smith, Indiana

2021-09-21 2017 Jayco Jay Flight 24RBS View Listings

These reviews can be so misleading. We just upgraded to a 5th wheel but we still don't want to let go of this Jay Flight because It's been nothing but Gold for us. I can't speak to the factory warranty/ support because I've never had to use them. What I will say is it tows like a dream and we've had this rig across the country 2x's. Once being towed by a 2018 3/4 ton truck and the other with a half ton Yukon. Behind the Yukon, I would highly recommend a Equalizer Anti-sway hitch. Issues we've had: Jacks will sometimes work themselves loose for no reason while under weight. Never, when retracted for towing. Simple fix: put thick general use grease on threads and work it back and forth. haven't had an issue since then. The main T.V. outlet and cable jack seem to be loosely installed and make me nervous that I'm gonna rip them out on accident while attaching and detaching. BUUUUUUUT... it's a camper...things will continually work loose or free on their own due to physics. Have some simple ingenuity and you can very easily remedy camper issues. I believe in you!!!! Y'all can do it!!!! :)
- Mike S., North Carolina

2021-09-20 2019 Jayco Alante 31V View Listings

We traveled southern and northern United States this year in this RV. It’s a gas engine so your honing to spend a lot on gas but the experience and adventure we had was priceless. It’s a plus having your bathroom and kitchen with you on the road. We are so glad to be able to have this adventure in our life. Nothing like it.
- Chris morris, Florida

2021-09-20 2020 Jayco Jay Flight SLX 8 267BHS View Listings

We have used this RV for our family vacations - perfect size for a family of 5, but sleeps up to 10. Great floorplan, including an outdoor kitchen. Can even fit your pets if you have them - we love taking in the great outdoors in this!
- JBJ, California

2021-09-18 2016 Jayco White Hawk 28BHKS View Listings

Great overall travel trailer, well built! I highly suggest this camper! We have personally tiny lived in this camper for 2 1/2 years and had zero issues whatsoever. When I was looking for a camper I was looking for something that had a lot of extra space in living space, and what I really love about this camper is it has two slide outs right in the middle with an island in the kitchen. This camper meet all of our needs and then some!
- Sean Corey, Florida

2021-09-17 2018 Jayco Jay Flight 32BHDS View Listings

Jayco is a terrible produce with extremely brutal customer service. We bought a brand new travel trailer. We have had so many issues, lights, furnace, thermostat, slide out and even recalls. We continually have to bring the unit into the dealership for repairs. We have spent thousands of dollars and time just to get the unit to the dealership for repair. Of course, this means we do no trailer to use for weeks on end. Do yourself a favour and do not by a jayco product.
- Rob Duncan, Manitoba

2021-09-16 2019 Jayco Jay Flight 29RKS View Listings

We traded our Rockwood Roo hybrid in on the Jayco Jayflight 29RKS, at Camping World, Springfield, Mo., early this year. Have used the Jayflight multiple times since, and are very pleased with it. I have installed an electric fireplace in the base of the stereo cabinet, and it really finished off the living area, as well as cutting propane use way down. The trailer tows much better than the Roo ever did, we get about the same gas mileage towing with our 2018 Tundra, and the Jayco fits our needs perfectly. Yes, there are knit-picky little things I have "customized", but overall, we are way more pleased with this trailer than the Roo, and we liked the Roo a lot! We did have one of the two air conditioners act up, but, fortunately, we have the Camping World warranty, so the repair guy came out and replaced it within a couple of hours at no cost to us. Bottom line - we very are happy with our decision, and we look forward to a lot more opportunities to hit-the-road!
- Rich Viets, Missouri

2021-09-15 2018 Jayco Eagle HT 28.5RSTS View Listings

This is the worst rv on the market 6mts out ov warranty a nightmare outside molding coming apart awnings pulling away from wall floor boards Crack from day 1 do not buy this camper paid 60k not worth the money.A friend of of mine told me not to buy he was right
- James montanaro, New York

2021-09-14 2018 Jayco Redhawk 26XD View Listings

We were so pleased when we bought this "Like New" Jayco Redhawk from Campers Inn as it appeared brand new and with only 8,000 miles on it. it rides firm (no rocking as some others do) and drives very straight. We bought and had the dealer install new "stuffed" recliners to watch the large TV and a new mattress as well. As a pilot, I am always concerned with the mechanicals so in addition to the multi-point inspection of the dealer, I had the largest and most reputable RV maintenance company in RI do its own thorough multi-point inspection. They fixed a "sticky" shower curtain slider door, installed the new $1,000 mattress, a "grab bar" on the screen door to prevent a hand from inadvertently going through the screen and installed a removable "Door Shade" entry door window cover for privacy and better night sleeping. They also installed a new 20" ROKU HDTV in the master bedroom. We watch streaming movies from all "NETFLIX' and "HBOMAX" or any other streaming channels using our phone "Hot Spot" and also get excellent Internet service from virtually everywhere. AARP has a great program for this service from AT
- Robin Foote, Rhode Island