Jayco Reviews on RV Insider (662)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Jayco RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Rex Rexach from Florida says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2016 Jayco Precept 35UN View Listings

Worst investment ever. My wife and I like it, we use it for a week in December. The main slde leaks its been in the dealer since January. Now the dealer said its a manufature problem and they can not fixe it. Call Jayco several times ,Im still waiting for an answer from them. This a brand new 2016 Jayco Precept in limbo, but im still making payments and storage fees. My advice stay away.... far away from this company and Tampa RVs. The service and sales are terrible. Dont fall for sale piches and 2 year waranty. The 2 year warranty dont mean a thing, much less the service.
- Rex Rexach, Florida

2020-03-29 2020 Jayco Precept 34G View Listings

After years of research and decisions, this last February 2020 my wife and I purchased a brand new 2020 Jayco Precept 34G (farmhouse, full body paint, washer/dryer, upgraded the rear 13.5 AC to 15k AC/HP, and added a Winegard Roadtrip T4 Satellite and Winegard C2 4G LTE WiFi. After doing all our research as well as reading many reviews of others' past experience with new RVs versus used in general, we expected to find "new RV issues" and "dealer/manufacturer support issues" to contend with as reported by others... However, this was NOT our experience. Our dealer, Vogt RV, DFW-Texas, was very helpful, responsive, and super easy to work with. We visited Vogt (and several others) over the past 2 years as we considered/debated whether to go Airstream, Class A, or Class B+/C, but we are so glad we went bigger and very happy we bought ours through Vogt. After our deposit, we spent roughly 10 cumulative hours prior to and on the day of our closing going through literally everything. We couldn't find anything wrong other than a few simple things (a cargo door adjustment, nav gps wire was not connected, a fog lamp wire hanging a bit low) - all of which was corrected on the spot. It felt, the less I could find, the closer I would look.... So, we closed without having to have a messy list of to-dos (and all our upgrades were done and inspected prior to the day of our closing). Then, after closing, we thought for sure we'd encounter something during any of our initial (three so far) shakedown weekend trips - but still nothing! Everything works perfectly and fit and finish are outstanding and solid. I am very picky but also realistic. We really love our new vacation home and feel that everything on this RV is very good. There is one thing that I think could be improved upon: I may add sound-deadening under the front structure/engine bay. The engine noise is a little louder during off-line acceleration, but it's not horrible and it quiets down nicely at cruising speed. I have to say that Jayco's team has done a fantastic job on the 2020 Precept 34G. From the older reviews (a few years old) to now, it's very clear that Jayco has listened and improved their build quality over the past several years and it really shows. We highly recommend this model for functionality, floor plan, quality (including the appliances), and esthetics. Jayco has really put a lot of thought and care into the design and build process for the Precept 34G and it shows! We feel very fortunate and perhaps a little lucky. My wife and I are looking forward to many years of fun touring around the country, vacationing with our kids and grandkids, and meeting others from across the US. Be safe and happy motoring.
- Ed Higgins, Texas

2020-03-28 2016 Jayco Jay Flight 195RB Baja View Listings

With in hours of leaving the dealership and a city away I found out that I was not able to turn any of my 12v lighting on. Everything work earlier but not now. Next day went to the dealership, turns out it was a missing reverse polarity fuse. In addition to the fuse the fuse holder was all bent to hell and had to be reformed. Within my first week the shelving above the queen bed broke losse and I had to put screws through it. Trailer didn't even come with proper LP bracket or storage, which in turn lead to the thin angle iron they used was shearing away and expected me to secure it with a pice of all-thread running through the angle and the LP tank on the bottom. The dinnet next was to fall apart along with the closet door frame ripping from the wall. The toilet wasn't properly set and sealed leading to water damage along with a poor choice of kitchen faucet making it difficult to fill anything or even to do dishes. All led lighting interior but two left a black scorching on the ceiling and shortly after broke completely. I was always burning LP quickly due to a lack of insulation it later turned out when I decided to remove on of the wall panels. They either didn't put any insulation in one fire break or just half assed it by leaving three inches and sometimes five inches of empty space all around with minimal batting. They used to heavy of wood for the counters, table, armrest for the bed, and even heavier for the doors. Jayco couldn't even make a pricise hole for the pipes. The trailer looked nice to start off especially for a newby. But I wouldn't recommend Jayco to anybody with extreme prejudiced. F.Y.I all this within the first two years. They say #1top selling. Selling what, a bunch of CRAPPY Amish built bullshit. Buy American made but not Amish, they just don't make the mark.
- baha-80, California

2020-03-24 2016 Jayco Precept 31UL View Listings

I searched 4 states looking for it and it's awesome floorplan and smooth J-RIDE Plus system including extra shocks, front & rear sway bars all computer balanced!! You get the latest technology with side & rear cameras. One- hand easy Automatic hydralic leveling system! 7" LCD display can be used for all your music enjoyment, plus the GPS for routing your trip and be/DVD player! Marquis Gold 5500 generator that lets you watch movies in the Samsung 4K Blu-ray player 50" 4K tv in the LR or the BR 32" ROKU smart tv including the 4K bluray player and keep all your food in the fridge cold plus cooking in the XL convection/microwave oven. Need more counter space...long 3 drawer container holding all your cutlery, cooking utinsils and of course the wine bottle opener! You found the perfect site and you lower the leveling Jack's now you can put out you dinette, kitchen/loveseat and bedroom slides. Wait I want to make a grill cheese sandwich...perfect uncover the 3 burner gas cooktop and wala...while this kitchen activity is going on the kids go outside and open up the 16' power awning and place a few chairs out from inside the exterior RV storage compartments; 2 small, 2 full through coach with doors on both sides or the single rear storage where I keep my foldable chairs. With the awning up and the chair set we open the panel to the outside entertainment center with 39" led tv, single DVD player or you can send a movie from in the coach outside using the multichannel splitter provided! On the other(drivers) side other than storage compartments you find the 5500kw easy start generator, holding tanks bay for emptying your gray or black water old school way or use the new Thetford Sani-con turbo sewer system drains all gray and black tanks in minutes with 1 pipe only!! Next you'll find the water compartment with outside cold/hot shower, cable TV connection, whole RV water filtration system, connector for fresh water through standard male hose and flushing connections for all holding tanks. The last compartment you explore holds your 50' 50 amp 4 prong power cord with 3 prong adapter included. This coach is equipped with a Reese style hitch capable of towing 5000 lbs. All exterior windows are frameless and shaded inside with dual black mesh and a fabric shade. The bathroom on your right heading to the rear has a floor flush toilets and single sink with 2 sliding cabinet mirrors and storage drawers below with power fan overhead for venting. The panel on the wall below the light switch is your tankless water heater temperature controller. This is a balanced system so if the hold and cold water are close to the same flow you will never run out of hot water...NEVER RUN OUT OF HOT WATER!! The standard glass sliding doors are gone...replace with an extend a shower. When moving the arms fold in with all the shower curtain inside the shower base. Ready to take a shower then extend the bars out and you've created a larger and more comfortable shower experience. Ok ready to turn in on the master bed queen orthopedic top of the line mattress, or fold out the sofa loveseat in the LR to keep watching 50" 4K tv or lower the power up/down overhead cabin queen bed on wooden rails. There is much much more to highlight but your in personal tour will highlight everything.
- Donald Montgomery, North Carolina

2020-03-17 2017 Jayco Redhawk 26X1 View Listings

The Jayco came with a 2 year warranty. only had a couple small problems that the dealer handled. The 28 foot length with a 360 HP Chevy engine made for a nimble quick RV. Could go any where. Even with the main slid out in there was good amount of space to live. With the slides out lost of room to live comfortably.Easy camp site set up and take down. Did a 7500 mile 38 day trip east along RT66 and then north to redwood forest and then back east checking out lots of national parks. Was easy living for the two of us. Gas mileage was 10 per gal. Handled great on mountainous curvy back roads , interstates and flat desert back roads.Plenty of power for the big hills. Will sleep 7 if needed with seat belts for 8. Highly recommend this size Motor home for 2 to 4 people.
- Stan Cass, Pennsylvania

2020-03-17 2017 Jayco Jay Flight 27BHS Elite View Listings

Baught new in 2016. I do both seasonal camping (4 months per year) and tow the trailer a few times every summer as well. I tow with a 2016 F150 2.7engine and its a good fit with my truck. Travelled 2500km last summer trip with no issues. I gave a 4 for quality for the following two reasons: dinette back rest loosening up after a few summer and I fixed it myself with 2 bolts drilled on the frame to solidify it, outside kitchen was 1/2 inch camco hoses clamp to Pex?? so I also fixed that with proper fitting. Also baught a foam mattress for comfort. The rest has been working perfect so far. We plan to keep it for more years.
- Gino, New Brunswick

2020-03-10 2018 Jayco Jay Flight SLX 8 265RLS View Listings

I can’t say enough about the Jayco brand and their campers. My husband owned several Jayco’s years ago so when we went to buy our first one together we did look at other brands but settled on Jayco. We never had one mechanical problem with either of our 2 units- and loved everything about our experiences in both campers. The amazing thing is how affordable they are compared to other brands. I felt like I was “home” in these campers and never wished I had something more . They come with everything you need. This particular size and configuration was perfect for myself, my husband and our 2 small dogs. We felt like we had a ton of room. We had guests on many occasions and they all complimented us on the camper and it’s amenities. Would highly recommend this size, style and brand!
- Karla Adams, Delaware

2020-03-08 2020 Jayco Eagle HT 284BHOK View Listings

Fun Town RV in Cleburne Tx is a big joke!!! They will lie to you for weeks about everything and do not give them a deposit. They have a 3.5 rating and the BBB has them a bad rating. Please do your homework before you even think about buying from here.
- Angela Williams , Texas

2020-03-06 2019 Jayco Alante 26X View Listings

I bought my Alante 26x in April 2019. After two trips, I had it in Camping world for warranty work. After 6 weeks, they finally found the parts and repaired the over head bed and replaced the decals. After 3000 miles, the battery "gel" exploded and I had to pay for another one as Jayco does not warranty batteries. I took a month long trip in December 2019...I. again, needed warranty work. It is now March and the RV has been in warranty limbo since January 7th (the parts have been on order...still waiting for the parts to come in, etc.) Either Jayco has the worst product out there, or Jayco hand makes all their products from scratch. At this rate, my RV has been in the shop 5 months in 1 year and used it 6 weeks. The warranty needs to be much longer than 2 years!.
- Carol Strotman, New Mexico

2020-02-28 2019 Jayco Talon 393T View Listings

Absolutely love it. Everything works as it should. Bring a small toolkit, because a few minor things will come up here and there, but we have been very satisfied. The outdoor kitchen is great to keep smelly/smoky food (fish or burgers) from smelling up the RV. There should be a wind barrier around the grill though. It’s hard to grill outside when it’s windy...the grill won’t get hot enough. We’ve taken it on weekend trips and weeks-long trips over thousands of miles with no major problems. We might want something fancier down the road, but I’m afraid to turn this one in because it’s been such a good RV. The only issues have been the fuel line and one brake. When they were assembling the RV at the factory, a lag bolt was drilled through the garage floor when installing the tie downs and it went through the fuel line on the underside of the garage. And one of the brakes was squealing. Both were quickly fixed under warranty with no questions. I’ve had it out in the Nevada desert during the summer and in the snowy mountains during winter and it has been great. Very impressed with Jayco.
- Greg, Nevada

2020-02-26 2015 Jayco Jay Flight 23MB View Listings

Great trailer. Solid the whole five years we've owned it. Easy to tow as it's lighter weight. It has a newer appearance inside the trailer with cream and light brown color hues. The wraparound dining table has been really nice for four to six people. The memory foam queen bed is very comfortable and it's really convenient for the kids to be able to bring friends because there are full size bunks. The couch has the ability to lay down into a bed or be used as a couch which has been nice when watching movies with the family.
- Kari, Washington

2020-02-26 2016 Jayco Greyhawk 31FS View Listings

Very easy to drive. With JRIDE plus feature the ride is smooth and you don't get buffeted around with the wind or passing semis. Auto leveling makes he set up extremely easy and quick. Great layout with bunks set up and kitchen/living area easily accessible. Love this unit.
- Jeff, Illinois

2020-02-25 2019 Jayco North Point 385THWS View Listings

Anyone buying a Jayco mite want to think about it before buying one! Have a brand new north point!!!( JUNK) having to have new sub roof and new roof put on the hole back side of camper toy hauler frame replaced from studs i have 64 problems the floor has gap u can see threw the sides down into toy hauler!! It’s like Jayco has a bunch of drug head putting these RV together! U better stay away from Jayco! After months not being able to enjoy our rv they agree to fix it! My problem is if I go to trade this in they are going to review and look at all these problem and I’m out a hole lot of money! If I could list all 65 things are copy the work order u would run from even thinking about a Jayco poor quality in work! And material!
- Tammy Cumby/ Terry Green , Georgia

2020-02-25 2015 Jayco White Hawk Ultra Lite 21FBS View Listings

I will say that our Jayco was one of best trailers we have had, with regards to overall problems. Warranty work required was to a minimum. Unfortunately, trailer was totaled in accident. I was said to see it go and was forced to look for another trailer. But I had no problem buying another one.
- Albert Cerf, Arizona

2020-02-25 2014 Jayco Eagle HT 26.5RLS View Listings

Perfect size for easy towing. Fits in any State Park sites but not giving up in lots of living space. Great quality with no problems at all during our travels. Lots of large windows to view nature. Huge window in rear living space. Lots of cabinets and storage space. Love this unit.
- Susan, Illinois

2020-02-23 2015 Jayco Eagle Premier 338RETS View Listings

The bathroom door would not shut. The wall was loose. The living room shades broke as did the kitchen ones. The kitchen floor peeled up. This was a 2015 we bought new. Had to get cap on front repainted at manufacturers cost. The shades were made of paper. Very cheaply put together.
- Tim Lenane, Illinois

2020-02-19 2014 Jayco Eagle Premier 361REQS View Listings

On October 26, 2013, we purchased our Jayco 361REQS. We are retired and purchased this unit to travel the country volunteering with Habitat for Humanity.Our reason for choosing a Jayco product was that prior to this one we owned two Jayco travel trailers and had no issues with either one. We felt that Jayco products were comfortable and reliable. We feel we were correct on the comfortableness, but not necessarily on the reliability. We have had numerous problems with this unit from the very beginning. 1. The first time we tried to get the trailer off our tow vehicle, the front left landing gear wouldn’t retract. The landing gear motor was found to be bad and had to be replaced. 2. We had to spend two extra days in Albany, Georgia when the kitchen slide failed to retract. With assistance from a mobile RV repair company we were able to get the slide retracted. Our repair shop found that one of the slide motors had become disconnected which caused the slide to become inoperable. Fortunately, the trailer was still under warranty. 3. On another trip, two blades from the ceiling fan in the living room broke off and it took two months of waiting for parts to have this replaced. This also happened while under warranty. 4. Every cabinet door’s screws have come loose and had to be repaired. 5. We had body damage due to a tire blow-out because the factory-installed tires were only rated for the empty weight of the trailer. It took three months and three different shipments to get the correct and undamaged parts to the repair shop. After the third shipment, we were able to get undamaged body panels, but they were the wrong color. 6. The front cap became faded due to a factory defect and it had to be completely stripped and repainted. This took over a month to be completed. We have suffered many other issues with this unit since owning it. However, our biggest concern is the slowness in getting needed parts to the repair shop. The following is an example: On September 24, 2019, we took our trailer to a reputable repair shop to have the bedroom ceiling replaced due to puckering from moisture. We chose this firm because many of the repair people including the service manager were former employees the dealer we purchased the trailer from. (this firm sold out to another firm) and these employees are familiar with our trailer. Upon inspection, they realized that our roof wasn’t a typical RV roof and was laminated. They found that there was a defect in the rubber membrane causing the interior damage. Our insurance company was contacted, and consent was given to the repair shop to order a new roof on October 22, 2019. The roof didn't arrive to the shop until December 10, 2019. During the repair process, the shop noticed the interior cove trim was damaged during ceiling removal. New trim was ordered on January 14, 2020. We just received word that the trim is to be shipped today, February 18, 2020 and should arrive this time next week. We were first told that the trim was to have been shipped the end of the prior week.
- Thomas Fox, Iowa

2020-02-16 2020 Jayco Melbourne 24L View Listings

THE JAYCO MELBOURNE 24L IS THE MOST WELL DESIGNED AND WELL BUILT CLASS C MOTORHOME IN EXISTENCE - THE MERCEDES TURBO DIESEL AND CHASSIS IS SECOND TO NONE - JAYCO'S WARRANTY IS THE BEST IN THE INDUSTRY - FANTASTIC FLOOR PLANS AND USE OF SPACE - RIDES AND DRIVES LIKE A LUXURY CAR - HIGHLY RECOMMEND THE MELBOURNE TO ANYONE LOOKING FOR A CLASS C - COLLECTIVELY JAYCO AND MERCEDES HAVE DESIGNED THE BEST MOTORHOME IN THE INDUSTRY - QUALITY SECOND TO NONE!!
- Wm Poe, Colorado

2020-02-16 2019 Jayco Jay Feather X19H View Listings

I bought this camper to "downsize from a 27ft RV. Used for a month and so far I'm happy. Some issues are that the "jacknife couch" with storage underneath does not stay up and has come down on my neck and head. As a woman caming alone it is extremely difficult folding up the tent ends. It was raining while closing up and the camper body is very slippery when wet and no way to hold it in place while folding, nearly killed me. If they could come up with a better design I would be thrilled. I had to bother other people to come out in the rain to help. I did have a minor leak under the tub, drain. Quality control issue, once I accessed the pvc fitting realized it was never fully tightened. Will let you know how it withstood the winter when I open it up.
- Therese, New York

2020-02-15 2020 Jayco Precept 31UL View Listings

Had a 2008 HR Arista 310 but it got so that something was breaking or requiring attention every day. Bought the 2020 Precept 31UL in Mesa Az while on vacation. Wanted 3 slides like the Arista had and we liked the king bed, full size refer and theatre recliners in the 31UL. After driving back to Virginia we love the RV and have few complaints. It drives great. No more swerving every time a truck goes by and it pulls our 2014 Fusion Hybrid toad very well. The controls are all easy to reach when driving and the ride is smooth. Wish it had a little more horse power. My Collies have one complaint. The aisle when the front slides are closed is very narrow. They have to compete for who walks through first. The female wins most of the time. I think it is the look she gives the male. I do have one primary complaint. In today's age of electronics, why did JAYCO put "NON SMART" TVs in the rig. 3 of them!!! Smart TVs are probably a little more expensive than regular TVs, but come on, really!!! The shame is I didn't realize it until I was half way home to Virginia, and I was shocked. I had looked at several 2019 Precepts over the previous few months and they had smart TVs so I assumed the 2020 would too. Not sure if the TVs in the 2019s had been swapped out or not. My bad there for not paying closer attention to detail when looking at the 2020 RV. Rig is currently at a service center getting warranty items corrected that we discovered on the trip home. 18 of them. Nothing really major. Just little things you don't see right away. Overall we are very happy with the Precept and look forward to many fun trips in it. It will be our Summer home at the lake in New Hampshire and our Winter home in Arizona starting next year.
- Chuck Gusha, Virginia

2020-02-09 2018 Jayco Eagle HT 27.5RLTS View Listings

Great couples camper. Opposing slides which open up your main living area. Dual recliners. Well built, good quality appliances. Has a home quality queen size mattress. Great fifth wheel tow ability. Goodyear radial tires.
- Stephen Hubbard, Florida

2020-02-09 2012 Jayco Seneca 37FS View Listings

I love our Jayco, so easy for me to drive. I was 54 (and a women) when we bought it and I have drove thru Chicago, Seattle, Phoenix etc. without a problem. Very easy to see out to your mirrors so you know what is going on around you. It has lots of storage space inside and out. Works well with plenty of sleeping spaces for everyone, we are a family of 5. I had a washer/dryer installed, the best thing I have done. No more dealing with hot and muggy laundry rooms. We have drove from Washington State to New York State with our Seneca at least 5 times, also Washington to Arizona and to Montana also. It has been a great experience and a lot of fun. Hope to keep on enjoying our Seneca. My only downside I have is going to truck stops to fill up with diesel. We have to fill from both sides like the truckers. Haven’t had a problem with it, just feel intimidated a bit with those big 18 wheelers. We tow our Buick Enclave with us also, with no problem. Very easy to hook up and unhook water, power & sewer at the campgrounds. I can do it myself and to put up the auto levelers is very easy!
- Darlene Sharp, Washington

2020-02-07 2016 Jayco Precept 35S View Listings

We searched for this specific make and model in January 2017 and found it. PDI was less than perfect but over time, JAYCO fixed absolutely everything and if they missed it, I fixed it! When meticulously maintained like this one, it's the perfect RV if you want a gas puller.Livability is great. Wonderful layout. Super good reefer with ice maker that won't quit. Theater recliners and upgraded TV/Blue Ray make evenings inside a pleasure. Outside TV/DVD/Reefer provide pleasant, relaxing warm evenings.King size dual air adjustable bed is great for a good night's sleep. Drivability is super even with TOAD tagging along. Alaska and back was a joy through the panoramic windshield.Lots of cabinet space inside and out. Truly our perfect RV. So why sell? We're getting old and have been traveling for 40 years. Simply put, we are done!
- anchorman, Florida

2020-02-07 2012 Jayco Jay Feather Ultra Lite X23B View Listings

Best "hybrid" travel trailer floorplan on the market. Open feeling inside with plenty of storage throughout. Easily towed with 1/2 truck or mid-sized SUV. Set up is quick and easy- way better than pop-up!
- Jay Webe, Pennsylvania

2020-02-06 2016 Jayco Pinnacle 36RSQS View Listings

Love the RV, although the Franklin furniture only lasted 3 years before it began to deteriorate. Jayco will not stand behind there product and after spending $90k it is very disappointing. Be aware of this before buying a Jayco product.
- Fred Collins , Louisiana