Jayco RVs Reviews (588)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Jayco RVs Reviews and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of these RVs.

Rex Rexach from Florida says:

Have you owned any Jayco RVs? Write a review

Voted Most Helpful Review 2016 Jayco Precept 35UN View Listings

Worst investment ever. My wife and I like it, we use it for a week in December. The main slde leaks its been in the dealer since January. Now the dealer said its a manufature problem and they can not fixe it. Call Jayco several times ,Im still waiting for an answer from them. This a brand new 2016 Jayco Precept in limbo, but im still making payments and storage fees. My advice stay away.... far away from this company and Tampa RVs. The service and sales are terrible. Dont fall for sale piches and 2 year waranty. The 2 year warranty dont mean a thing, much less the service.
- Rex Rexach, Florida

2019-10-18 2017 Jayco Pinnacle 38FLSA View Listings

First is how the unit travels: I have no problems traveling, it pulls and maneuvers very easy and a longer unit is easy to back compared to a shorter unit. I use a Ford F250 power stroke and the truck has no issues pulling or handling the unit and I get 11 mpg loaded. Second: Once at your campsite you unhook and pull out from fifth wheel push the auto level and your done. Third: all 5 slides work great both out and in
- lkdunl, Florida

2019-10-17 2018 Jayco Melbourne 24K View Listings

Good fuel economy 14 to 15 MPG. Fit and finish is adequate but not outstanding. Had a small issue with a bearing falling out of slide that I finally ended up fixing myself(dealer repair only lasted until warranty was expired) It is a great road trip or weekend RV but not large enough to spend month's in. Only one house battery and no room to add a second one without some major construction. Overall a good experience. Lots of compliments on the full body paint job. Factory warranty is only as good as the dealer and found that with all the waiting time involved made it easier to fix the few minor things that went wrong with it myself. Water leak under sink(loose fitting), replace door speaker, reconnect rear ceiling speaker, loose trim, rewired for ground satellite dish, USB charging port at dinette, and bearing that fell out of slide support track(partially disassembled dinette to get access).
- Gene Canfield, Washington

2019-10-17 2017 Jayco Jay Flight 29RLS View Listings

This Trailer is our third RV. I can not begin to describe how shoddy the workmanship is. Every water connection leaked. I have had to replace all of them. They still leak under the sink. The settee came apart and had to be repaired. The belly pan came undone and was dragging on the ground as we were driving down the interstate. The overhead cabinet doors have come loose. The bottoms of the cloths closets have totally come loose. the main burner on the stove has come off and I had to re-seat it with JB weld. The trim around the windows have come loose. Perhaps if one traveled with a technician or camped at a dealership... but in the real world NEVER AGAIN!
- John Cyr, Missouri

2019-10-15 2018 Jayco Hummingbird 17RB BAJA View Listings

I decided to treat myself and buy a new RV. MISTAKE when I purchased a Hummingbird 17’ rv. The quality is poor, the refrigerator does not keep a constant temperature, the right tail light didnt work properly, the curtain broke first time it was used, NONE of the storage compartment doors are fitted correctly, SO, if it rains hard, the compartments flood and consequently the floor inside the living space floods too, the 1 storage drawer in kitchen slide was broken before we even used it. If you’re anywhere close to 6’ tall, dont buy, your head will hit pne wall and your feet the other.😢
- Elna Platz, Florida

2019-10-14 2019 Jayco Redhawk 22J View Listings

we bought this unit used with 1800mi on it,nothing but problems,awning broke from rain a few minutes ago,fresh water tank does not hold water,lose 3 quarters of a tank after you drive a few hours,both tank release knobs take a weight lifter to open,tanks never show empty,propane for heat sometimes will not go on ,outside speaker does not work,outside cable connect does not work,have to run cable in window to main connect,I would never buy another.If you do,MAKE SURE EVERYTHING WORKS,when i get back home from a bad road trip JAYCO will see this vehicle on the news,its a lemon.
- Dennis Clancy, New York

2019-10-10 2018 Jayco Eagle HT 30.5MBOK View Listings

We have owned the Jayco Eagle HT 30.5.MBOK for two years and have loved it. We have been on several trips including a 3-month cross-county trip and have been very impressed with the quality and floorplan. The separate mid-bunk bedroom has allowed friends to travel with us and have their own private bedroom. One of the things we enjoy is having our coffee in the morning sitting in our recliners looking out the huge rear window looking over the many scenic areas we have visited. Additionally supporting our great experience with this model has been the excellent customer service from both our dealer and Jayco. The few things that we needed repaired or serviced were quickly done and all covered by warranty. We love the tankless water heater and never have to worry about not having enough hot water. And I am so glad I ordered the Sani-Con system. It has made the least enjoyable thing to do a quick and easy task. Again we love the Eagle HT 30.5 MBOK
- Kerry Murphy, Oregon

2019-10-09 2017 Jayco Pinnacle 38FLSA View Listings

We have owned 3 fifth wheels prior to this unit and by far this unit outshines the others in towing ability, conveyance in setting up at the camp site and living conveyance. The overall quality of the unit far surpasses the other three units and they had good reviews for quality. (Open Range when Open Range did the building of the units when they first came out.)
- Larry Dunlevy, Florida

2019-10-08 2019 Jayco Eagle 317RLOK View Listings

Great RV for the price and the Farmhouse Colors look Great. Jayco is a top notch company when it comes to their quality, and if for some reason you do ever have a problem their warranty is top notch as well.
- chris.wendt04@gmail.com, Texas

2019-10-07 2019 Jayco Redhawk 31F View Listings

Waste of money. Have had nothing but problems. only owned for 3 months. Fridge and microwave do not work. It's like pulling teeth to get anyone to help. I have never had such buyer's remorse. I would not recommend this camper to anyone. BUYER BEWARE!!!
- Amy McCallister, West Virginia

2019-10-07 2018 Jayco Octane 33L View Listings

Purchased new Jayco T33L Toy Hauler, We like the floor plan with raised bedroom and bathroom to provide lots of storage underneath. The trailer sits up high in the air, I have a 3500 GMC, diesel truck and pulling it anything over 60 was white knuckles and down right scary. Trailer was equipped with Blue Ox 15K hitch and this didn't make any difference. Others issues within one time of camping, flooring coming up, stripped screws inside and out, stabilizer jacks too short, 24 inch won't even touch the ground without blocks. seats covers were loose and didn't stay in place and much more. Poor quality overall. traded the unit off after using 1 time.
- Ken Martin, Idaho

2019-10-07 2017 Jayco Jay Feather View Listings

We purchased this RV 3 years ago and started having issues from the start. Recall on the e-brAKE SYSTEM. Dragged it back to the dealer 125 miles away with a cost of $125 due to having to cross Lake Champlain on the ferry. Health issues didnt let us use it for the next year and a half. Upon getting back on my feet and getting ready to head out Found out I had no 12 volt system of any kind. Took it to another dealer that could get me in sooner then Pete's RV found that there were bare wires that were left just hanging in the e-brake system instead of being capped off. Finally got it back at another cost of $200 and headed out camping only to have a leak in the water in the kitchen sink Got under it and found the connection was only barely finger tight. Tightened it only to find another leak in the filter at the pump. Once again barely finger tight. tight. Smelled propane one morning and found the regulator was bad and another $60 to replace it. Finally upon getting back home found the sky lite has a crack in it $57 for another. Would never recommend a Jayco unit. Been on phone with Jayco now waiting for 45 minutes.
- David McMahon, New York

2019-10-04 2019 Jayco Jay Feather 23RBM View Listings

3rd Jayco we've owned. I did a lot of research and weighed pros and cons on floor plans before buying the 2019 Jayco 23RBM. Absolutely love this floor plan and layout. Murphy bed is simple to put down and away. We did get a cheap topper for the mattress, which made a huge difference. The most floor and counter space I've seen in a small RV. Lots of storage.
- Louann, Texas

2019-10-03 2018 Jayco Jay Flight 24RBS View Listings

We had a JayFlight 22FB, a 2012 model, and liked it. Then we bought a 2018 model 22 RBS. This one has been a nightmare and in and out of the shop since we've had it. The workmanship has gone from bad to horrible. Everywhere you look flaws appear. We have had to replace the AC unit, replace both the entry door and screen door, replace the kitchen faucet fixture, replace the LED outside light, rewire the power tongue jack and fix leaks in the plumbing. And then there was the large, hex-headed BOLT that erupted up out of the kitchen floor on one trip. They "repaired" it by placing a much smaller gauge Phillips-head SCREW in the hole and melting the old linoleum over it to cover the hole. When we took it back they put another screw in, but did a better job of hiding the damage. Haven't taken it out since this last visit, so don't know if it will hold this time. They have destroyed what faith I once had in them and I would advise anyone thinking of purchasing one of their products to look it over VERY carefully and assume nothing. You'll be glad you did.
- Rip Riley, Oklahoma

2019-10-02 2020 Jayco Eagle HT 284BHOK View Listings

This is our 3rd Jayco and we custom ordered it because the first two never had a problem. This one has had nothing but problems. We wouldn't even look at another brand because we were loyal customers. Here is a list: 1. The auto-leveling system hasn't worked since the beginning. The dealer thinks they finally figured it out. The front level sensor and back level sensor boxes were installed backwards. 2. We have had metal pieces come loose off the exterior while driving 70 mph down the highway scratching up the fiberglass. 3. Smell in the grey tank that the dealer can't figure out. Smells horrible and the sink backs up to the drawers in the bedroom where we put our clothes. 4. Light fixtures loose. 5. Trim falling off. 6. Poor seals around the doors. 7. Drawers that won't catch so they open constantly while driving. 8. Black water tank shut off not closing completely causing leakage. Dealer says it a design flaw. The shutoff valve is located 25 feet from the actual tank. 9. Oven handle door came off. 10. Speaker wires installed improperly. Pretty ridiculous...things that could have easily been caught with a quality control inspection. It has been nothing but a headache for us. My family has not enjoyed camping much at all this past summer. Unfortunately, it's been almost 6 months, and there is not an end in sight to all of the issues we have had. The dealer has been easy to work with but the manufacturer takes their time getting them the parts. We have wasted so much time and gas money going back and forth. We have made 4 payments, paid for a year of insurance for a camper that sits at the dealer the majority of the time. They say we can take it when we want but my husband is getting more and more frustrated every time we have to take it back and forth. I have reached out to the manufacturer multiple times and the customer service rep hasn't been helpful at all. They have no follow through. We are very disappointed to say the least.
- Heather Becerra, Indiana

2019-09-30 2011 Jayco Greyhawk 31DS View Listings

Great rig lots of room for kids and their friends!! Great way to travel! Quality built and standard options are other manufacturers costly add ones. Rides and drives like a truck. Superior products and nice design. Interior colors and cabinets top quality
- Dianne, North Carolina

2019-09-30 2018 Jayco Eagle HT 28.5RSTS View Listings

Customer service from Jayco is a nightmare. This last issue has put our trip on hold for a month and no end in site. We are making an east coast tour and a west coast tour and I may buy a bunch of huge lemon stickers to put all over it , to let everyone who sees it know not to buy a Jayco. My husband has had to fix many issues himself and even fix things after the dealer has fixed them. Then don’t get me started about the shop in Loveland. ( black tank filled ,sink leaking and dirt everywhere to name a few.) looks like our plans for travel are off again. I want a different trailer!!!!!!
- L Hunt, Wyoming

2019-09-25 2013 Jayco Eagle 334RBTS View Listings

My wife and I have traveled with and grand children and have people come and visit us on trips. The bunk house served us well. The other feature that we took advantage is the outside kitchen it helps save on the electrical amperage used as well as convenience when everyone is socializing outside. My wife particularly likes it when frying things it keeps the smell outside. This a great camper
- Mike, Florida

2019-09-25 2019 Jayco Jay Flight SLX 8 244BHS View Listings

This is the biggest piece of crap I’ve ever bought. The hot water tank pilot light won’t light, kitchen sink leaks, shower controls leak, the blinds broke. I’ve only owned it for 5 months. Many of this stuff happened while using it on vacation. They wouldn’t send a field service guy out, instead they said I have to bring it to them when I got back. Horrible product all the way around.
- Adam , Arizona

2019-09-24 2007 Jayco Greyhawk 33DS View Listings

High quality construction, roomy and comfortable for travel and camping. The ride is smooth and great power pulling boat, or tow car. Floor plan is open with private bedroom in back. Great storage inside and out. The bathroom is easy to move about in both I shower and out. We are tall family and the bunk above easily slept our 6’5 son and his wife or 3 grandkids. Always get lots of compliments on this RV appearance and design.
- Debbie, Oregon

2019-09-23 2018 Jayco White Hawk 31BH View Listings

This is a great camper for anyone who wants to get out camping year round. The camper is fully insulated and with skirting added it stays nice and warm. It has a great layout for either a couple or single person with plenty of storage or can can sleep 10 for a large group of people. Dont be scared by the size of the camper, it tows very well. Balanced over the spread axles and pretty light given its size.
- Justin Lefebvre, New York

2019-09-19 2018 Jayco Jay Sport 12UD View Listings

I recently purchased the a new 2018 Jayco jay series sport 12ud tent trailer from RV City in Morinville. It was meant to be a more budget friendly option in terms of gas and towing for my family to enjoy some camping this year without buying a larger trailer. Unfortunately it has had nothing but problems from the start and has become a regretful purchase. Upon our first camping trip: - 1 of the beds bowed (they are supposed to hold 1050 lbs) and we are a family of four with 2 young children. Our combined weight doesn't even amount to half of what it's capability states and we never all even slept on the same bed. Also the strapping on the other bed came off because it was only glued on and when they fixed it was stapled. - sink would not drain properly - fuse was not working - dinette table was warped Immediately after coming home we took the trailer to get everything fixed. Then a few weeks later we go on a trip again. - A baseboard falls off - the stove becomes warped after travel (it was slid in its proper travelling position when not in use at the time of damage) - the electrical switch on the outside of the trailer was extremely finicky and it was difficult to get power All this to say, this trailer is complete junk and made cheaply. To camp for a total of 8 days with the majority of our time simply spent sleeping and have all this go wrong in a brand new trailer is completely unacceptable.
- cody mclean, Alberta

2019-09-19 2017 Jayco Jay Flight SLX 195RB BAJA View Listings

We bought our rv in 2016 new and love it and always take care of it and store indoors in winter and now we recently discovered the aluminum siding is corroding we sent two messages to Jaco with no reply asking for a solution or what may be going on. Screws were to long and are points all over skin of rv.its a shame to pay so much for a rv and.no that they don't stand behind it.
- James, Pennsylvania

2019-09-19 2018 Jayco Alante 31V View Listings

I purchased a 2018 Jayco Alante 31V in Dec 2017 from Orlando RV in Orlando Fl. I took my first long trip in it June 2018 from Florida to Wisconsin. Motorhome had been used four times previously and had 2200 miles on it. The very first day on the road the radio stopped working. The next day the GPS and back-up camera stopped working. Also the refrigerator propane portion stopped working. Two days later just prior to our arrival in Wisconsin the dining table collapsed. All the screws holding it to the stand fell out, they appeared to be stripped. We finally reached our destination in Eagle River Wisconsin. Since the house we were selling in Eagle River was empty we stayed in the motorhome. Myself, an 84 year old woman and a 77 year old woman. Fun... The fourth day there we were sitting inside eating lunch and we hear a big bang outside. I went outside and to my disbelief the awning had collapsed and was blocking the door. No wind, no rain, nothing. Turns out the rivets holding the extender bars together had sheared off making the awning unusable. The closest Jayco dealer was thirty miles away so I called them. They told me that they could not help me because they don't work on motorhomes just travel trailers. Now I don't have a clue what to do... I couldn't drive the motorhome with the awning unsecure. Since the 84 year old woman was from the area I asked her to start calling friends for help. Her realtor knew an old farmer who used to work on motorhomes many years ago so we called him. He just happened (thank god) to have an old awning extender in his barn. It didn't fit but it allowed me to roll up the awning so that I could drive the motorhome back to Florida and have the items all fixed at Orlando RV under warranty. When I arrived back in Florida I called Orlando RV. (Sep 18,2018) Believe it or not after a week of daily phone calls and leaving a message I finally received a call back. I told the service manager what needed to be repaired and she said that the earliest they could get me in was Dec 15th. Remember this is Sep 15 that I talked to them. On Dec 15 I was on my way to Orlando when the motorhome died on the interstate. After waiting 80 minutes a Florida state trooper called a tow truck and I had the motorhome towed back to my home. (Cost me $300) I called Orlando RV to appraise them of the situation. The same service manager said the earliest they could get me in for an appointment would be March 27th 2019. So thank thee lord I have an appointment. I drive back to Orlando and give them the motorhome. Seven hours later (me waiting in the waiting room) they call me to the service desk to tell me that yup you are correct, those things are broken. They tell me now that they must order the parts and work the warranty claim through Jayco and the manufacturer. Will probably take 4 to 6 weeks. OK what can I do, they own me. Six weeks go by and I have called them 9 times for an update. They tell me they are still going through the warranty process but Jayco and Carefree has refused to repair the awning. I ask why and am told that they don't warranty awnings.(I have signed paperwork from Orlando RV stating I have a two year warranty on the below listed items. The very first item is the Awning. After much arguing all the way up to one of the owners. (Mark Strollo) no satisfaction of course. So, it is now Sep 19, 2019 and I have not had a single item repaired. Over a year from when I first called Orlando RV. I have been overly patient but don't know what I can do next. By the way I wrote and email to Jayco informing them of my problems and received an email back from Tina Companello, Customer Service Rep. She apologized for Jayco's incompetent manufacturing but stated that she cannot control our dealers and how they run their business. But she hopes they are customer friendly. My recommendation to all you folks reading this is to make sure you do not buy anything from Orlando RV. Read the terrible reviews on line and heed what they say. As for Jayco, they should be ashamed that their quality control is so bad and that they don't care if their customers are happy. I would never buy a Jayco again and I would recommend that all of you don't either. Please pass these comments on to all your camping friends to ensure they don't get taken like I have. By the way, over the last year I have called Orlando RV 182 times with nothing fixed. To make it worse I recently received a flyer from them saying they had hired more mechanics and extended their hours because they care about the service to their customers.
- Robert Fredette, Florida

2019-09-18 2019 Jayco Jay Flight 38FDDS View Listings

I bought this RV as a recently divorced woman. Was in it no more than a month. The shower walls popped out, the plastic grill on the floor for the heater, one broke, the window in the bedroom leaks every time it rains. The bottom cabinet in the bathroom fell apart when I opened it one morning. The are just glued together. There is a crach on the bedroom wall. I do not move the trailer. Do not know where it came from. Plus there is no baseboard around the outer walls. Can not keep the ants out. Never been so diappointed in my life. Can not get reapirs done because I am outside of the reapir area. They knew darn well where I lived but had no problem selling me an extended repair warranty. Knowing I could never use it. Now my salesman does not answer my calls. Plus I use to get promotional calls I dont' get them since I sent a disappointed text. Thanks a lot JAYCO. I really believed the Brothers just more lies.
- Linda Escher, Florida