Jayco Reviews on RV Insider (707)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Jayco RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Rex Rexach from Florida says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2016 Jayco Precept 35UN View Listings

Worst investment ever. My wife and I like it, we use it for a week in December. The main slde leaks its been in the dealer since January. Now the dealer said its a manufature problem and they can not fixe it. Call Jayco several times ,Im still waiting for an answer from them. This a brand new 2016 Jayco Precept in limbo, but im still making payments and storage fees. My advice stay away.... far away from this company and Tampa RVs. The service and sales are terrible. Dont fall for sale piches and 2 year waranty. The 2 year warranty dont mean a thing, much less the service.
- Rex Rexach, Florida

2020-07-09 2008 Jayco Melbourne 29C View Listings

I have loved my Jayco Melbourne. It is strong, easy to drive and very comfortable. The bathroom is easy to clean and has plenty of storage. The storage is excellent throughout the RV. I highly recommend this motor home.
- Kara Ireland, Texas

2020-07-06 2020 Jayco Alante 29S View Listings

Nothing but disappointment and buyer’s remorse!! We purchased this coach in February, 2020. Due to COVID-19, we did not get to use it until Memorial Day weekend. We were 5 hours late to get on the road due to all the issues discovered the morning of our departure. My husband decided to check underneath and found all the wires just hanging down and rubbing against parts that will heat up when in use. While he was tying all that up, I discovered the toilet was leaking. The connection behind the tank was stripped. When I was unwrapping the mattress, it appeared to have been folded in half at some point. Driving down the road, the refrigerator door flung open every time we took a left turn. The passenger window was never sealed. The JRide suspension is a joke!! And after 8 days in use the water heater has gone out. We got stuck in a hail storm and the fiberglass roof took a serious hit leaving ya with 8 large cracks. When we asked about how to repair it, the only option is a full replacement. We have spent over $3,000 on repairs and suspension and it’s only been used for 14 days. WE WILL NEVER BUY A JAYCO AGAIN!!
- Leanne Forman, Texas

2020-07-04 2007 Jayco Seneca 35GS View Listings

Great experiences . Easy to learn how to drive and easy to learn and understand how all the tanks work. Only criticism is the stairs. It is difficult to get in and out but that is the same for all rv
- Peg, Florida

2020-07-03 2017 Jayco White Hawk 28BHKS View Listings

The layout of this trailer is fabulous. It provides for a full size shower, a bathroom door on the flush side of the trailer, an outside kitchen, ample sleeping area, a kitchen island that allows for additional help in preparing food, a full length awning, plenty of storage, and more. I couldn't be more happy with this trailer. If we always needed sleeping quarters for more than just my wife and I, we would own this forever.
- Troy Pugh, Washington

2020-07-03 2019 Jayco Jay Flight 24RBS View Listings

I bought this in April 2019. It was very hard to tow, had to put air bags in the springs. It is near impossible to make the bed because the cabinets come out too far and are in the way. The table is horrible, guaranteed to cut up your legs getting around it. Had to use pieces of swimming noodle to cover parts to prevent this issue. I love the refrigerator though! Very roomy! Even though I had to have the door latch repaired twice! The electric awning is difficult to get any king of a slope to it. the pins to allow the slope need to be removed to slope instead of just pushing on them, then getting them back in is a big job. Also impossible to clean since it is so high off the ground, need a ladder and an extra person. I wish the engineer who designed this trailer had to live in it for a year before they put it on the market. This is definitely a DO NOT BUY!!! Would love to sell it!!
- Leonard Cox, Michigan

2020-07-02 2020 Jayco Eagle 357MDOK View Listings

I have wintered in this unit and it is by far one of the best experiences... easy to heat and maintain! Hot Water Tank is sufficient as well as Furnace. Easy to tow, easy to set up... I love the auto leveling as well!
- Gene Perkins, Ohio

2020-06-30 2018 Jayco North Point 377RLBH View Listings

We have been extremely happy with our unit! Yes, there have been some warranty issues (as with every unit we have ever bought) but Jayco has gone above and beyond with any issues we have had. Not sure why all the bad reviews because we have not had those issues. Auto leveling is great unless you are parked on a bad slope. The refrigerator is awesome with lots of room although we don't use the fridge water because it is difficult to access the shut off lines and we don't drink it due to the winter antifreeze going through it. Ours has a generator and washer & dryer installed and are really happy with both. During the cooler months, we use an infrared space heater in the kitchen area to keep it warm because when the furnace kicks in, the bedroom gets too warm for us. The heated love seats are very welcome in the cooler weather. I love the extra bedroom for the grandkids because they can leave it a mess and it does not interfere with the remainder of the unit (I keep it tidy most of the time) and they can watch their DVD's with the door closed on those rainy days. There is also a table in that bedroom so they can put on their drinks while watching, do crafts or I also use it also as an extra office desk when duty calls for it. Lots of storage all over the place. Would prefer this over our large coach any day for sleeping space and storage space.
- Henry & Bernice Guenther, Alberta

2020-06-27 2017 Jayco Pinnacle 36FBTS View Listings

This is our first RV. We shopped for a fifth wheel for a few years and went to several RV shows. We fell in love with the 2017 Jayco floor plan ie the 1 1/2 baths. However, the front toilet, off the bedroom, clogs up frequently. Has anyone else, with this model, experienced the same issue?
- Vicki Morgan , Utah

2020-06-26 2019 Jayco Jay Flight SLX 8 212QBW View Listings

Me and my family has had the best time in this lovely Rv!It was like a second home away from home. Very comfortable and cozy. Durable a great way to get away and enjoy the outdoors. Appliances !!!!!!!!!!!!
- tiffanyhouse21, Nevada

2020-06-25 2016 Jayco Precept 31UL View Listings

I purchased a 2017 Jayco Jay flight in 2017. While washing this RV a fire started in the proximity of the power supply. I’ve washed and owned RV’s for many years. Careful not to directly allow water in any roof vent. No more than would be possible in any rain. But, this fairy new 26’ pull behind burned to the ground in approximately 10 minutes. And, I cancelled the insurance because it was Locked in a privacy fence on a concrete pad. Yep, all loss was on me. Of course Jayco says no other fire reports have been noted. Buyer Beware!! Trailer poorly made. No more Jayco for me!!
- Robert Mashburn , Georgia

2020-06-23 2016 Jayco Eagle 321RSTS View Listings

Cannot say enough about the durability and quality of the Jayco Eagle. Enjoy being in it always. My home away from home. This unit sustained -9 degree weather for a whole week with no issues. Again ... Comfort is awesome in this unit.
- Steve Johnson, North Carolina

2020-06-23 2016 Jayco Redhawk 29XK View Listings

My husband and I purchased this model for a trip across country. We wanted something with room for us, as we were in it for over a month. It worked out great! It cools in the heat and warms in the cold. We cooked quite a bit, and the storage is amazing. It truly enhanced our trip, and has been a blast ever since.
- Mary Price, New York

2020-06-21 2017 Jayco Hummingbird 16FD Baja View Listings

Jayco installed the incorrect door grab handle on my Rv. This caused it to make contact with my awning, which Destroyed the awning rail. It cost me $500 to repair. Jayco refused to cover it under warranty or defect. Buyer beware
- Chris Wadlington, Louisiana

2020-06-20 2018 Jayco Seneca 37K View Listings

After owning 5 RV’s this Jayco Seneca has turned out to be the best. An amazing ride on the way to your destination and easy setup once you arrive. The auto leveling system is seamless and all of the utility hookups have easy access. Plenty of storage room for your hammock, beach chairs, grill, fishing poles and so much more. The interior is extremely spacious with the slides open and the convenience of 2 bathrooms is priceless. The washer/dryer combo allows for more family time at the RV and less at the laundromat. The 3 TV’s allow for all with different entertainment choices to enjoy in the living room, bedroom or on the outside TV. The spaciousness of this RV has allowed us to travel with 10 people, all being comfortable while awake or sleeping. The full kitchen allows for any meal type to be made with the convection microwave oven and gas stove top. After a long day enjoy the spacious shower and retire on the RV King Size bed.
- Steven A Raibick, New Jersey

2020-06-20 2015 Jayco Pinnacle 38FLSA View Listings

This has been a great 5Th wheel for me. I had a couple of warranty issues in the beginning and Jayco stood behind their product. The front living room design is a great entertainment area. I wouldn't hesitate to buy a Jayco Pinnacle again.
- Mark, Michigan

2020-06-16 2020 Jayco Melbourne Prestige 24LP View Listings

Well designed and great Mercedes chassis. It’s to bad that Jayco didn’t follow along those lines. Instead they went for looks. But the RV part is made out of the cheapest materials possible and then it’s put together horribly. I would not recommend buying this. You definitely don’t get any quality. Then they price it like it’s top quality. So disappointed. Would give it back if I could.
- Nico Wijngaarden , Arizona

2020-06-13 2015 Jayco Jay Feather Ultra Lite X23B View Listings

Bought trailer new from dealer. For the most part we enjoy it.The only problem we have is that it has 2000 lb axles and 7 in brakes. I contacted Dexter axle who makes the axle and they told me that the axle and brakes were too small for a 4000 lb trailer. The 7 in brakes DON'T STOP even when the controller is at the highest setting it barely slowsdown. I brought it back to the dealer and they checked out ok. Contacted JAYCO but didn't get any answers to the problem. If you buy a travel trailer be sure to check the axles and brake size. Very dissatisfied with JAYCO service.
- Dennis Reilly , Minnesota

2020-06-13 2017 Jayco Jay Feather X23B View Listings

We love our Hybrid. It has a great floor plan with lots of living space without pulling a 30 ft. trailer. It tows wonderfully even through mountains. It has plenty of storage. We have had no major problems. Service has been exceptional for 2 minor, minor issues. Shower is functional but on the small side. Purchased some foam to place under mattresses for a comfortable sleep.
- Steve, Wisconsin

2020-06-13 2017 Jayco Jay Flight SLX 245RLSW View Listings

As the salesman told us, "these are built to a price point". For us the floorplan was exactly what we were looking for. Fit and finish are not great but we expected that. Initial few trips had problems but were resolved by dealer, last two years no issues. Pulls fine with my F150 Ecoboost although wind gusts can be scary even with our anti sway hitch. I've made a few cosmetic and functional improvements as well as strengthening areas in the build that were weak (such as the bed frame). Overall happy with the unit after about 15 weeks of camping so far.
- Tony Stanley, British Columbia

2020-06-12 2019 Jayco White Hawk 29BH View Listings

We bought our 2019 Jayco White Hawk in August 2019. We have had nothing but issues with it. It is made so poorly. Our awning has leaked, our sink leaks, we have had toilet issues, slide out issues, cabinet issues, etc. The back to table seat is stapled. It has come apart. We have complained so many times to Jayco and Orlando RV and nothing gets done. We have had our camper to Orlando RV to have several things fixed and to get it home and the issues not be fixed. Our camper has mold on floor from the skid not being installed correctly and warranty is being denied. My camper is not even a year old. I am so disappointed in Jayco and Orlando Rv. They do not stand behind their products. We are still under warranty and have extended warranty and they don't care. They will try to find excuses to say things are not covered. Avoid both!!
- John & Kristie Epling, Florida

2020-06-11 2011 Jayco Jay Flight G2 29BHS View Listings

Great family camper. Plenty of room for your kids and their friends. Master bedroom has door so that you still have your privacy. Slide out adds the extra space you need to move through the camper freely. Easily towable with 1/2 ton truck.
- Robin Parsons, Iowa

2020-06-10 2016 Jayco Jay Flight 24RBS View Listings

Reliable,spacious,more for the money, great reputation and good looking Travel Trailer.All of the qualities one would expect with a Travel Trailer.There are RV's then there is Jayco. I know you will enjoy being a proud owner of this Rv.
- Lawrence Anderson, Florida

2020-06-08 2020 Jayco Redhawk SE 22C View Listings

First time owner and female. I like this RV overall, except that the dealer Did not tell me it had no leveling system. Also when I did the walk through it had two batteries. When I took possession it had only one battery. The second I had to purchase seperatly. The leveling system for this vehicle is expensive to buy and install. If I had known this I would have bought a different model.
- Jill LaMothe, Vermont

2020-06-07 2019 Jayco Jay Flight 34RSBS View Listings

My RV is just over a year old biggest price of crap I’ve ever wasted money on. Within 30 days had massive leaks on a slide out where the rubber gasket didn’t even touch the slide roof. Grey water tank fell out on the ground. All the LED lights have now been replaced. The black water tank sensors don’t work, the AC thermostat had failed, and now the hot water tank had a break in the weld and flooded the RV. The dealer we purchased this junk from has only responded once and made things worse. I have emailed Jayco directly and ignored. Customer service is non responsive and they just don’t care. They said they can’t make the dealer respond. What a joke! Do not buy from Jayco! Then I learn that RV’s are exempt from lemon laws! I’m still hiring a lawyer to see what if any rights I have.
- Scott Dennis, Florida