Jayco Reviews on RV Insider (891)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Jayco RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Rex Rexach from Florida says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2016 Jayco Precept 35UN View Listings

Worst investment ever. My wife and I like it, we use it for a week in December. The main slde leaks its been in the dealer since January. Now the dealer said its a manufature problem and they can not fixe it. Call Jayco several times ,Im still waiting for an answer from them. This a brand new 2016 Jayco Precept in limbo, but im still making payments and storage fees. My advice stay away.... far away from this company and Tampa RVs. The service and sales are terrible. Dont fall for sale piches and 2 year waranty. The 2 year warranty dont mean a thing, much less the service.
- Rex Rexach, Florida

2021-05-13 2004 Jayco Legacy 3610RLTS View Listings

This RV is clean… a great buy… you will love it!!!! Comes with WIFI. Has a bike rack, laundry basket, laundry hook up, large closet, lots of storage Large living room with full sleeper. You won’t regret it.
- Shannon Bellamy, New Jersey

2021-05-11 2015 Jayco Jay Flight SLX 26BH View Listings

I am new still have not had a chance to go and see all trailers going to go today and see all that you have to offer in regards to new or used trailers Not sure what else to write until I review your site
- Susan gardner, California

2021-05-10 2017 Jayco North Point 377RLBH View Listings

The livability on this fifth wheel is designed for home away from home livability. The master and second bedroom is spacious and well suites our needs for sleeping accessibility. The loft not only provides sleeping quarters for two, it can also be used for storage. It has been used for both and have been pleased with this amenity. The overall quality, regardless from others, is without a doubt, the best I have ever owned. I have owned multiple RV’s (7) and this Northpoint is the best I have ever owned. The customer service from Jayco directly, is hands down, the best customer service I have ever experienced. You most definitely get results from them because they will handle any issues with the local distributors directly. I have never been upset with them, usually it’s your local distributors you have to hold accountable. The floor plan suites our needs for this fifth wheel due to the residential kitchen and the overall setup is setup for your convenience. Towing this fifth wheel is as smooth as it gets. I have towed with truck models from 2500’s to 350’s and have never been disappointed. Setting up in parks or overall tow ability has been effortless, maybe having to slow down because you may forget you are towing anything behind you is the thing I have to remind myself when towing. Also, you do have a camera on the back for towing or setting up which has proven to be handy. Rating this RV without a doubt gets all 5’s from my experience.
- Leon Cummings Jr, North Carolina

2021-05-08 2016 Jayco Jay Feather X17Z View Listings

Perfect for a yong family with kids. Has all the amenities of a larger unit. Especially the full size bath. There are No Cons. Sleep's 8 large awaning. Outside shower 🚿 it's perfect. Great starter Camper or a retired couple on a Budget.
- Ray Gates II, Florida

2021-05-07 2021 Jayco Eagle HT 28.5RSTS View Listings

Owner issue..... our self leveling unit will only work with the app which requires WiFi access which is spotty in many camping areas. The self leveling control unit with the button(manual option) does not work and no one seems to be able to fix it. This trailer is brand new. Jayco is aware of problems with this leveling unit and refers buyer to RV service dealer. Took the trailer to Camping World and they were told by the self leveling manufacturer to disconnect the battery for 30 sec to reboot the system. It worked when the trailer was at Camping World but now it doesn’t. I don’t want to reboot the system every time I use it. Real pain to try to schedule another appointment at Camping World and drive 2 hours to take trailer in for service. I wouldn’t buy this trailer until Jayco resolves this issue.
- Tim johnson, New Mexico

2021-05-06 2021 Jayco Jay Flight SLX 7 145RB View Listings

We bought this to tow with our Honda Ridgeline. The Ridgeline has no issue with the weight, but the lack of aerodynamics makes holding highway speeds with a frontal wind nearly impossible (without running the motor at 2/3s redline). The good, bad and ugly? For it's size and price point you get about what you expect, it's small but definitely livable for two people taking shorter trips. It has a small everything, but that's what we expected. Things that could be better? A bar across the space between bench seats so you can fold the table without holding it up would be nice (added). A two tank regulator would have been a cheap add-on. We've added a second bottle and regulator as well as a bottle cover. The Ugly: First, the wiring to the black and gray water storage tank sensors are exposed and ours were chewed through almost immediately by rabbits. $2 worth of plastic conduit and black tape would save an afternoon here. Next, the Suburban Stove is almost legendary for having crappy control knobs that melt. We were told that it was because we used too large a pan. Bull. The tea kettle I used when they melted was smaller than the burner footprint. There is no dealer or manufacture support for this so you may as well plan on fixing it yourself. Otherwise, it's been okay. There is a lot of corner cutting with this particular trailer. Only time will tell how much of that will eventually need to be replaced. I don't think I'd buy another Jay Flight product.
- Mark Forster, Nebraska

2021-05-05 2018 Jayco Envoy 100 26D View Listings

Bought this Jayco Envoy 200 brand new in 2017 in Albuquerque. Within a couple of months the left rear stabilizer dropped to the ground after the motorhome sat for a few days. Took it back to the dealer and they said there was nothing wrong with it and wouldn't fix it after it sat on their lot for 7 or 8 months. Problem has been ongoing. Finally call Jayco and they told me that a dealer has 6 months to fix a warranty problem. After that it isn't their problem any more. If you ever might have to have a warranty repair done, NEVER buy a Jayco motorhome. They do not stand behind their products and don't give two craps about how customers are treated by their dealers.
- Kevin Thomas, New Mexico

2021-05-04 2016 Jayco Jay Feather X17Z View Listings

I loved how easy the Jayco was to tow. I used a Kia Sorrento as my tow vehicle. I had no problem pulling the trailer with my Kia. I pulled the trailer out to Texas for family reunion it was so handy when I stopped at road side park with no restroom to use the one in the trailer just turn the pump on and bathroom was active. I was amazed at the amount of storage for the trailer size. I did use a 3 inch topper on the beds the mattress that it came with were not thick enough for me. My daughter and I had no trouble backing the trailer in and setting it up. Took the two of us about 20mts to have it all set up beds made etc. I liked the combination of the main area like a regular trailer and the ends tent like so you still get the feel of being close to nature. The only problem I ran into was finding a reliable repair place. You have to watch like hawk (Half done work) and over charge on the bill this is not the trailer fault but the sales place.
- Rebecca Painter, Florida

2021-05-03 2017 Jayco Octane ZX T31B View Listings

I'd give them a zero if that were an option. Our shower started leaking after the first time we took it out. It has been in the shop for the leak 6 times and the problem continues. The problem seems to be a design flaw. I emailed jayco and asked them to help. The shower has been resealed several times and the shower frame and door was even replaced and continues to leak from the same area. I asked Jayco to help and they said they would review our service records. They wrote back and said the problem wasn't found until after the two year warranty expired so they wouldn't help. I got a copy of all of the service records from the dealer and it turns out the dealership found and attempted to repair the leak before the trailer was delivered to us when it was new. Then we brought it back a few months after we purchased it because we noticed the leak. The trailer was in the shop 5 times for the leak during the 2 year warranty period and again after the 2 year warranty expired. I emailed all of the service records to Jayco and they wrote back and said their decision stands that they will not assist with fixing the leak. What a disappointment. The shower clearly has a design flaw that leaks and Jayco will not stand by their product. The dealer we bought from no longer sells Jayco products. Clearly they are not a dependable company. I would not recommend buying their products.
- Heather E McAlexander, California

2021-04-30 2021 Jayco Eagle 321MLOK View Listings

This is the 3rd complaint about our 2021 Jayco eagle. We had issues with the furniture we were suppose to get the luxury pkg. We did not get the right furniture. Now General RV is making us pay for the luxury pkg. Furniture. I am so unhappy with Jayco and General RV. Once they have your money, you have no recourse and you r a nobody. I will never deal with Jayco or General again. Buyer beware!!!
- Duane Mercier, Michigan

2021-04-27 2019 Jayco Eagle 319MLOK View Listings

Beautiful and every feature well thought out. Dial awnings provide a nice outdoor experience as well as the outdoor kitchen. The restroom and kitchen are nicer than many homes. King size bed is a plus.
- Cindy Cox, Indiana

2021-04-26 2021 Jayco Jay Flight 237RBS View Listings

So far this unit has been nothing but trouble. The A/C heater thermostat had a 40 degree variance, meaning it would cool to whatever it wanted, not 72 has place on the thermostat. When the room was like 60 the heater would then kick on, even though it was OFF and set at 50, and would run till it was 80 degrees. Wow! The the A/C would kick back on and this cycle would run for days like this. The dealer finally said the thermostat was defective and gave us one to replace it. Now the fridge is out. All my food went bad and I have to find ice chest to live out of until they can fix this problem. The unit is less than 5 months old and two serious problems. I drove this unit 65 miles to set it up to live in. Without a fridge I can't work without having to finding a hotel to stay until it is repaired. Asked about a new one and they said it would have to be ordered. Great, $$$$$ in return time cost and hotel and food expenses. NEVER, I MEAN NEVER buy a JAYCO. I bought this because it was inexpensive. Looks like you get what you pay for. My Dodge RAM cost this and it's been on the road everyday with nothing but a bath and regular oil changes. If only I could live out of the truck and give this piece of garbage the heave "ho". I'll write more as this progresses. A few more problems and I'll turn this over to my attorney in New Orleans.
- Tom Ashley, Louisiana

2021-04-22 2015 Jayco Pinnacle 36FBTS View Listings

We love our RV, however we have had several issues. First the RV gets very hot in the summer, was wondering if anyone else have issues with the RV not cooling. Second the love seat actually broke had to replace and of course not covered under extended warranty.
- Buffi Post, Alabama

2021-04-18 2012 Jayco Greyhawk 31FS View Listings

Our family of five have used our Greyhawk to travel the country, for weeks at a time. Plenty of storage, living/sleeping space and entertainment to keep the whole family happy. The separate bathroom with the instant hot water system was a blessing for the 4 ladies in my family. The unit is very easy to drive, and has plenty of power, even when towing a vehicle behind.
- Jim Atkins, Michigan

2021-04-17 2018 Jayco Jay Sport 12UD Baja View Listings

We've had a few small issues with this popup but nothing serious. The door is sometimes hard to pull down when closing the camper and a wire has fallen down from the roof and we had to fasten it back. Otherwise, it's been great. Heating and a/c work well, beds are comfortable once we replaced the underlying foam and it's easy to pull. The kitchen is easy enough to use but we mostly cook on the outdoor grill. The large dinette is great for our family of 4. We've driven it across the country and loved it.
- s. thompson, Michigan

2021-04-15 2019 Jayco Eagle HT 28.5RSTS View Listings

Wow, lots of bad reviews! Bought mine in NW Washington and used it twice there, then moved to San Diego. Wife and I have been full-timing in a campground for about 18 months with three small dogs, and we are pretty happy! Likes: Size made it easy to find spots, great floor plan, no maintenance issues so far despite full-timing for 18 months. Towing was incredibly easy even through mountainous areas. Floorplan is great, makes it very inviting to have visitors, and is easily livable for us and our pets - we use the shower as their crate. Storage is phenomenal between the under storage, the pantry, and the "closet". Love our outdoor kitchen. Dislikes: We added shelves to both bathroom doors, because we were not thrilled with the storage arrangement there. The base of the bedroom slide's shelf was cardboard, it sagged, and the mechanics shredded the bottom. Cheap material. No electrical plug by the stove for a coffee maker/kettle/instant pot, means we have to do all that on the island. Knew this when we bought, but still not a fan. Bathroom fan's button is by the fan, and not reachable when sitting on the toilet... seems like a small thing that would have been very convenient to change. Panel in the back of the bed was not secured well, and has gotten pushed back from just sitting in bed and reading.
- Adam, California

2021-04-14 2019 Jayco Jay Flight 34RSBS View Listings

I bought a brand new 2019 6 months ago. Beautiful interior. About 3 weeks in the faucet sprayer got stuck and wouldnt switch back I noticed trim strips were missing the strings on the blinds are a nightmare 6 have snapped and had to be re strung and now 6 months later I have a hard short in my 12 volt system. Have been dealing with the warranty dept. since the first issue and still have been unable to get 1 thing repaired. They are not full time rver friendly. Any loop hole not to honor their warranty.
- Bonnie lemmon, Pennsylvania

2021-04-12 2018 Jayco Octane 210 View Listings

We have enjoyed the hauler a lot. Took it on a couple of adventures and had great times. Met with good people. We lived in it for a few months while we were waiting for our new house. We went through a couple of cold spells and we faired well. Towing was great. It's long and you must remember to give yourself room to turn. Sets up easy. Awning is always nice too. We are selling because of declining health. So pick up a very lightly used toyhauler at a good price. Also has solar panel wiring so you can hook up a panel to camp without electricity.
- Richard Gaer, Colorado

2021-04-09 2016 Jayco Eagle HT 27.5RKDS View Listings

We have enjoyed the Jayco HT very much. We have owned it three years, and have decided to try a class a. That’s the only reason we’re selling it we have no complaints about the Jayco. This Jayco is as nice as many of the other fifth wheels that sell for $50,000 plus.
- Gary sell, California

2021-04-07 2016 Jayco Eagle HT 27.5RKDS View Listings

We have enjoyed this 5th Wheel for almost 3 years. We have used it extensively and LOVED every minute. In 2019 we traveled across the country and never had a moments problem. I love the full pantry and extensive storage it has...more than most! It features a 3 burner stove/oven, large refrigerator and freezer and has a take in take out peninsula in the kitchen for more counter space. The only reason we are selling it is my husband would like a Class A and I want to keep the 5th wheel....He Won!!!
- Gary Sell, California

2021-03-31 2019 Jayco Jay Flight SLX 7 195RB View Listings

The first part of May 2021 I bought a new 2019 Jay Flight 195RB, left over, from RVone, Albany, NY. We have pulled a good number of Jayco trailers over the past 50 years. From pop-ups to 3 Jayco Jay flights.When Thor Industries became involved making jayco,the quality has dropped considerably. After our first summer the radio broke,the speaker mounted in the awning channel fell out, the trim around the pantry cracked, the paneling backing the wall paper has come loose and destroyed the seams, light around the ac unit shines through and needs sealing, the hoses connecting the faucet cracked and blew water from the split. This is not nearly the quality from prior years. I am writing this review as a warning to potential Jayco buyers. "Buyer Beware"
- Greg Hughes, New Hampshire

2021-03-30 2015 Jayco Pinnacle 36FBTS View Listings

Bought a 2019 Jayco in January 1920 has a two year warranty had a number of issues leaving the lot still having issues with it a year later no help from Jayco a Bish a RVing an Kearney is worthless finally got some help from this RV out of Lincoln but I still have about $20,000 worth of warranty work to do on this unit everybody run from Jayco don’t buy their junk their junk anymore they don’t care what they put out just get them out the door and screw everybody hundred thousand dollars worth of junk anybody looking to buy an RV do not look at Jayco they don’t take care of their customers and they will just put you off and put you off i’ve owned many fifth wheels and never had this kind of problems with him this Jayco is one of the biggest pieces of junk I’ve ever seen shower drain wasn’t hooked up washer hook ups leaked from the factory rust got to be replaced front door don’t seal from the handle down back window seal broke on the thermal pane windows the big kitchen slide with the refrigerator and TV in it won’t pull in right the leveling system don’t work right back up camera quit working screws coming up through the bedroom floor bedroom floor feels weak front decals are cracking from the factory brand new furnace quit working after we use it about four timesI think there needs to be a class action lawsuit filed against Jayco pinnacle Storage compartment door don’t open right screws coming out of the outside metal and I could go on and on and on it just seems every day there’s something new going wrongEverybody run from Jayco do not buy them
- Marty stover, Nebraska

2021-03-28 2019 Jayco North Point 385THWS View Listings

very dissatisfied with this very expensive rv trailer. suspension is too light for the weight of the trailer. also should have shock absorbers installed from the factory. insulation is non existent in bottom of front compartment, under front hitch area, rear garage area and throughout inside ceiling from front to back. Jayco has built this unit to appear to be well built and very nice, but when you remove access panels and see how its really put together you get the real picture. lots of access points for mice to enter under trailer. if I hadn't spent 2 full days plugging holes in the frame rails and wherever connections or pipes come through the bottom of the unit it would be infested with rodents in no time. my advice is don't buy Jayco and if you choose to ignore that advice, at least save yourself some grief and don't buy from grimsby Ontario.
- Jeff wieder, Ontario

2021-03-25 2020 Jayco North Point 315RLTS View Listings

I bought a new Jayco Fifth Wheel off the dealer lot. Before its first camping trip I noticed that not all the ceiling lights worked. After a long wait on a technician, I found that the wiring above the ceiling was bad, and had to be replaced. Then, when I tested the drinking water, the faucet had an internal leak, so I had to order a new one. Then, the white water line going to the faucet had a leak behind the trash basket. It turned out that the nut holding the water line to the on/off valve hadn't even been finger tightened. Next, the dining room seat bottoms fell out with little to nothing stored there. On inspection, the seat bottoms had been stapled, but the staples didn't go into the seat bottoms. Sure, an assembly line worker might be lazy, but the quality control guy should have found these problems. What are the odds that both the assembly line worker and the quality control people are all lazy? Quite simply, Jayco wants to get their trailers out the door, and let the customer deal with problems that should have been rectified in the factory. Apparently, I need to take a repair technician with me when I go camping.
- Larry Tate, Oklahoma