Jayco RVs Reviews (543)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Jayco RVs Reviews and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of these RVs.

Rex Rexach from Florida says:

Have you owned any Jayco RVs? Write a review

Voted Most Helpful Review 2016 Jayco Precept 35UN View Listings

Worst investment ever. My wife and I like it, we use it for a week in December. The main slde leaks its been in the dealer since January. Now the dealer said its a manufature problem and they can not fixe it. Call Jayco several times ,Im still waiting for an answer from them. This a brand new 2016 Jayco Precept in limbo, but im still making payments and storage fees. My advice stay away.... far away from this company and Tampa RVs. The service and sales are terrible. Dont fall for sale piches and 2 year waranty. The 2 year warranty dont mean a thing, much less the service.
- Rex Rexach, Florida

2019-08-22 2018 Jayco Eagle HT 29.5BHOK View Listings

We purchased our unit in May of 2018. In October 2018 (yes...5 months later) we had the unit into the dealership for 40+ (yes...four zero - fourty) defects/work orders. Including (but not limited to) - Leak in 2 drains, propane tanks not properly fitting (resulting in a shim kit needing to be put into the door), 3 outside doors needing replacing (which, one got replaced and then had to be replaced a SECOND time), a register vent not cut out of the floor from factory (thought it was a missing piece of sub floor), underbelly had to come down for drain issues, outside fridge needing replacing - which, hilarious, Jayco sent the dealership a BROKEN fridge replacement, and my dealership had to then go and purchase their own fridge to put in there) plus tons more issues. Dealership Service Department has been Wonderful with all of the issues I do have to say that. Jayco's Eagle HT product however...Horrendous. And let me start by saying we are pretty understanding and patient people. Had that been the end of our issues, I would not be writing this. May of THIS year (RV 1 year old) we place our Eagle on a Seasonal Lot. You would think with the lack of the vehicle being driven down the highway, that there shouldn't be any issues. WRONG. 2 times we had to get a mobile repairman out to fix issues we had ALREADY had the unit into the dealership for. We would have had him out for a 3rd time, but instead we had a plumber friend replace the outside kitchen drain that wasn't plumbed in properly from factory so it started to leak. Patience has worn slightly thin to say the least. At this point, it is pretty clear that we have a lemon trailer and unfortunately, as a Canadian, we do not have many places to turn to for such a thing. AND I haven't even gotten to the best part. So Eagle owners, be sure to check the caulking around the slide out drip trays. As ours was missing about a 12" strip of caulking from FACTORY!!! What does that mean now you ask? Well, our beautiful wall now has an approx. 6+ foot strip of water damage above the slide out wall. Still waiting on this one to be fixed. Which I am sure with Jayco's "outstanding" warranty that it will be. As essentially, that is the only satisfaction you will receive by contacting Jayco customer support. Is hearing repetitively how they stand behind their warranty. As a consumer, I cannot comprehend how this is at all acceptable. We purchase an RV to enjoy ourselves. To relax and unwind. Literally every single weekend we have spent in our trailer since May of this year (which, we go at LEAST 3 weekends a month) we have had at LEAST one issue. Kinks? Pretty sure we are gone beyond trying to work out "kinks". So now, we have to remove our trailer from our seasonal lot, that we have paid for for the entire year and drive the unit 3 hours BACK to the dealership to repair this wall. When I asked the customer service rep about something for this inconvenience, as our storage fees and everything is included in this seasonal lot, I am told that is something I have to work out with my dealership. Like....what?!?! I am not sure where I go next, but I will be leaving this exact same review everywhere I can find. As someone who worked in customer service for WAY too long it is too hard for me to yell at someone on the phone, as essentially they are just the point of contact. I feel like my niceness has worn out...and that's a really shitty feeling. As I do feel like Jayco does have a beautiful product...but somewhere along the way they dropped the ball on execution. The person in charge of that execution - needs to find some accountability.
- Courtney , Alberta

2019-08-22 2016 Jayco Jay Flight 24RBS View Listings

Since buying our trailer new. Always something goes wrong. Everything is done with staples so bottoms fall out of cabinets. A large piece came of sheet metal came of the bottom on the hwy. We have replaced two jacks. Bathroom vent won’t stay down Cabinet door came off and no way to screw back on Air conditioning would no work. 8-20-19 diamond plate on front of trailer came apart
- William Ralph, Utah

2019-08-20 2019 Jayco White Hawk 32KBS View Listings

LOVE IT! After 6 months of research and viewing over 100 different layouts this is our first RV we purchased. We knew we wanted a TT and we are very happy with our choice. We have taken her out every week for the past 7 weeks and Yes we have had some minor issues that any new owner would have but the Good Sam helpline has done a great job of guiding us through our problems. This 38Ft Couples Coach open floor plan with a KING bed fits our needs as we prepare to live in Florida for 6 months with our dogs. Our service department in DeKalb, Il (Courtland) has done a fantastic job as well fixing the minor issues.
- George Carlson, Illinois

2019-08-19 2018 Jayco Jay Feather 7 19XUD View Listings

2 years old only. Wheels fenders/molding loose, cracked plastic screws. Black bed hinges that were black have faded, now bright gray. Looks awful. Drawers inside are crooked, and no longer close completely. The oven which we have never used is losing its molding inside already. The trailer has about 1200 total miles on it. It looks like it’s 10 years old. Disgusting workmanship. Purchased dealer extended warranty, and the color protector plan as well. No Help at all. Stay away from Jay Feather. There a joke!
- Michael wright, Minnesota

2019-08-18 2012 Jayco Jay Flight 33RLDS View Listings

I bought my Jayco Jayflight two years ago, it is a 2012 year model, I am the second owner, it's a 33RLDS. I have been living in my Jayco for two years now, I; live alone so there plenty of space for all my things, this camper has a full-size bathroom & shower, full-size bedroom as well of course with this kind of space you are bound to have slide-outs, there are three on my Jayco. My living room has two nice rockers a fold-out comfy couch, that sleeps 2 and an air mattress, there are many cabinets for storage in and around the entertainment area, complete with stereo, DVD player, flat-screen tv above my working fireplace, yes I said working, it's great in the cold months. The air conditioning is a vented system and works wonderfully. As I said before I have been living full time in my Jayco for 2 years, and I have had one problem but it was my fault,30 amps rating means use a 30 amp cord, not a 20. Anyway, I love my Jayco and recommend them highly.
- karmenjariz0@gmail.com, North Carolina

2019-08-18 2015 Jayco White Hawk 33BHBS View Listings

If all Jayco trailers are built like this one, they are garbage once they come off the assembly line. I am replacing the roof on one of the slide outs on this 3 and a half yr old trailer. As a registered RV Service Technician, I can tell you after peeling away the ceiling on the slide and looking at this thing, it is overwhelmed with piss poor quality! Nearly every staple they used to fasten the roof missed the rafters! I did notice there are several staples working back into the rubber roof, now I know why. The other slide roof has staples working out as well. There is no fix for this besides peeling the rubber roof back and repairing or waiting for the staples to poke a hole in your rubber roof, pull out the staple and patch the hole. They all should have had putty tape or at least a dab of Dicor put over the staples...there is neither. They didn’t caulk the metal band on the outside that holds the rubber roof...Hell, they didn’t even caulk the screws! The only moisture protection was a peice of ever bond tape...and it wasn’t even applied correctly as it has wrinkles in it. There should actually be caulking or putty tape under the metal band, caulking on the screw heads and at least TWO overlapping pieces of ever bond tape. I have also found two halves of roof decking that are about 1/4 inch apart. Bizarre! Of course, Jayco won’t do a thing about any of this since it is out of warranty EVEN thought these are manufacturing issues. Now, I also have some flooring sections that feel as though they are coming loose. Folks, you cannot hope for a quality trailer that is built in 6-7 hrs. I don’t believe there is hardly a staple in a stud or rafter in this entire trailer. Please, do yourself a favor and DON’T buy a Jayco. There is no quality in their trailers and none from there customer service dept either.
- John Jeter, Tennessee

2019-08-18 2018 Jayco Eagle 330RSTS View Listings

Whatever you do, DO NOT buy a Jayco! I thought it was our dream RV. Drove it off lot and 20 miles down the road uncut aluminum trim rubbing tires. NO QUALITY CONTROL at factory. Turned on water, it poured out bottom of trailer. Hot water heater NOT connected. Had to replace heater control board within 6 months. Just replaced hot water heater. Inferior products (cheapest Jayco could find). Surround sound had constant static. Jayco knew it but did nothing until consumer complained. I knew this because Jayco employee put me on hold and said so but she didn’t know I was still on the line. I had to go buy an add on sound bar just to use the tv. Awning installed crooked. We’ve had a year and a half!!!! Underneath by the drains there were 1 ft. square sticky pads stuck different places (and falling off) to cover shoddy work. The glass stove top was installed wrong and broke. A 200 mile trip to dealer for that. And just today, I found the metal arm under a slide out that kept hoses and wires secure when closing slide out was not even made for this RV nor was one side of it connected. It was dead weight on the wires. There was a 4 screw metal plate supposed to be attached to one side. Jayco employees forced it up crooked and put two in to hold it until an unsuspecting idiot (me) bought the thing. The screws were long gone. Numerous screw heads were sheared off due to over tightening. Jayco employees could care less who they are burdening and Jayco execs apparently refuse to have quality control. Buy American. Do not even talk to me about that! I hope this review is posted as is, so unsuspecting buyers will know to put dealers and manufacturers on notice their product will be in perfect working order, everything!!!! Before papers are signed. If they refuse, they’re hiding something. One star is far too gracious but at least it’s the lowest.
- Gary Grable, Texas

2019-08-17 2019 Jayco Pinnacle 36SSWS View Listings

August 17. 2019 Purchased our 5th wheel in Nov 2018. First big trip started June 4th 2019...travelled only 371 mi.the first day. Went to leave the first campground and large bedroom slide would not retract. Couldn't find any mobile RV techs as it was a Sat. Found one on Monday and it took 5 days to determine problem, order parts and get it repaired. Both motors needed replacing. Continued our trip cross country and now ready to leave this campground 2 months later and same slide will not retract. In addition to many what I would call "small problems" compared to this, we also found a crack on the outside near the bottom corner of the slide. One of the techs at Jayco said it's a design flaw that the "slide in slide" is too heavy and will take 3 weeks to repair it once we get back home. So here we are again...stuck, disappointed and frustrated. We are starting to regret the purchase of this Jayco 5th wheel! Unfortunately it's a Saturday so have to wait until Monday to talk to someone at Jayco. Would love to know if any other owners of this model are experiencing problems.
- Rebecca Goodwin, California

2019-08-17 2018 Jayco Redhawk SE 22A View Listings

After one year of ownership I am very happy with this RV. This is my fourth RV but first Motorhome. This is our second Jayco, our last was the Jayfeather 16XRB which also performed very well. This is an entry level coach so don't expect high end features or high quality cabinetry at this price point. The only interior complaint I have is in regard to the wall paper surface they used on the cabinetry, the glue is letting go in a few places so I have to peal it back and apply more. Not a huge deal but could be better. All the appliances and generator have worked as they should, two of my favorite features are the ability run the generator while we drive to run AC and the gas/electric water heater. Both are new to me coming from entry level travel trailersThe steering from the factory on the Chevy chassis was very hard to keep in a straight line. In heavy wind it was nearly impossible to keep on the road at highway speed. I added a Reflex Steering stabilizer and the difference is night and day. The coach is much easier to drive now, wind and large trucks still push it but nothing that isn't manageable. The 22A on the Chevy chassis has over 4000# of cargo capacity but it's on a fairly short wheelbase so this also leads to the touchy steering. To help this, I started filling the fresh water tank, located close to the front end, and moving some of the cargo forward of the rear wheels. The small changes have made a substantial difference. The livability of the coach has been great, it does have the corner bed but I think the slight inconvenience is a small price to pay for keeping the overall length short. Tank storage has been more than sufficient for our family of four, battery life is good but it will need upgrades when we start doing more boondocking. We added a memory foam mattress topper from Costco, same one we have at home, and we sleep just as well on the road as we do at home. Mileage has been as low as 8 when towing the Jeep and going through mountains in AZ, UT, ID and WA and as high as 9.5 not towing going from Phoenix to San Diego. So far so good, we plan to keep this RV for at least 5 years, that's way longer than usual for me.
- Paul, Arizona

2019-08-15 2018 Jayco White Hawk 23MRB View Listings

We looked at many trailers before buying this one. We are a couple who mostly travel alone and wanted something our Grand Cherokee EcoDiesel could tow easily and give us a lot of convenient luxury living space. This trailer fits the bill perfectly and came with a two year warranty. A few niggles fixed without delay under the warranty, but nothing much. The large bathroom and man-size shower is like being at home. The large fridge and freezer (as well as an outside kitchen fridge) keep everything cool. Very efficient AC unit and heating furnace both ducted throughout. Lots of light, space, and air inside. Difficult to find fault.
- Stephen Parker, California

2019-08-13 2012 Jayco Jay Feather Ultra Lite X23B View Listings

Original owner purchased new October 2011. The floor plan was the big selling point for my wife and I. Especially the large amount of storage space, the large U-shaped dinette, though small the full bathroom, and the slide out that increased the interior space. After 7 years we still love the layout of this trailer. We also liked the 2 year manufacturer warranty and that we had seen so many Jayco trailers over our 25 years of camping. We had only a few problems with the trailer during the first two years. Before our first trip we noticed that the canvas on one of the beds was not properly stitched, leaving a 3" long gap at the window zipper. We returned to the selling dealer and they removed the canvas, sent it back to the factory to be repaired, and then reinstalled it. We've had no other problems with the canvas since then. The other significant problem was one of the water shutoff valves that isolates the hot water tank for winterization seized up. Because we were already at the campground I replaced the valve myself at a cost of $45.00 (Note-the other winterization water shutoff valve also seized 2 years later). We also had a window shade fall down when two screws pulled out of the wall, which again we repaired ourselves. The trailer is kept outdoors year round on our property. I do cover the trailer each winter. We have never had a leak and all the seals and caulking are still serviceable. We are not yet retired and camp about 3-4 weeks a year, typically no farther than 300 miles from home. Tires are all original, we had one flat tire 3 years ago. We are planning on buying new tires next season. The only other problem we've experienced is two years ago the green light on the control panel of the Norcold refrigerator started flashing, indicating a problem with the electrical unit of the refrigeration system. Despite the constantly flashing light the unit still cools normally when only running on 110v, no propane. If we turn on the propane the fridge will run solely on propane and the control panel lights will function normally. I have gone thru all checks and tests I could perform on the refrigerator and believe the problem is a faulty master control module. I have not yet replaced the control module, instead we just turn off the propane supply when we have 110v AC power available and the fridge operates normally. My last comments are about the livability rating and why we gave our Jayco 4 stars instead of 5 stars. The reason is the bathroom and shower of the 2012 model does not have a medicine cabinet or shower surround panels like previous or later X23B models. 2012 models only have a mirror and shower head, no soap dish or cubby for items like shampoo, soap, or washcloth. Why Jayco eliminated these items from the 2012 model is a mystery to me. After the warranty expired on our trailer we installed both a medicine cabinet and shower surround panels that have built in cubbies and a bar to hang the washcloth. I have since been very happy with the livability of the bathroom. In the last couple of years I've noticed more complaints about the quality of Jayco products than I believe there have been in the past. Some people have suggested that quality has slipped since Thor Industries purchased Jayco. I can only say the initial quality and durability of our 2012 hybrid trailer has been very good all the years we have owned it.
- Harry Cleaver, Michigan

2019-08-11 2017 Jayco Jay Feather SLX 264BHW View Listings

Love our Jayco 264BHW..! This unit has been wonderful. We’ve had no issues with it at all. Everything has worked just as it should. Very consistent performance- hot water, AC, Fridge- shower- everything! With the kids getting into their teens, we just feel like we need one a bit larger.🙂
- Blake Livengood, Florida

2019-08-11 2016 Jayco Jay Series Sport 12HSB View Listings

Bought it used from a dealer like the little camper other then a few problems. Skylight and exhaust fan leak. Everything else seems to work great. It is easy to tow and has amazing storage space for a small camper. Will sleep 3 easy and 4 if needed.
- Buddy , Missouri

2019-08-10 2017 Jayco Greyhawk 29ME View Listings

I have owned this RV for about a year. It is a fantastic floor plan, drives, tows and lives great. My family has really enjoyed this thing and I love how easy it is to set up and get ready to leave.
- Dave, Indiana

2019-08-08 2015 Jayco Greyhawk 29ME View Listings

Classy! In my opinion, the best floor plan. Others have the dinette and sofa side along one wall, or the shower across the hall from the bathroom. With 3 sliders, this coach feels spacious, and accommodates lots of people. 8 seats have seat belts. Queen bed with Denver mattress really comfy. I was surprised how much storage space (87 cu. ft.), and how smoothly the Ford E-450 drives. Climbs hills and passes with ease. We drove across Michigan with the front edge of a storm packing 65+ mph winds. She handled the wind well. Really impressed by Jayco workmanship, and the design details. There's storage, outlets, switches, etc. everywhere you want them to be. Our model came without two things: a mounted ladder and slider toppers (awnings). We remedied those by packing a step-ladder in the huge rear pass-through storage space, and having slider toppers installed. Zero complaints. We could live in this very comfortably for weeks at a time.
- drtedmiller@gmail.com, Michigan

2019-08-08 2018 Jayco North Point 377RLBH View Listings

This RV has had pretty much everything break on it. 1.) The refrigerator takes about (3) days to cool a pack of water and we've had items in the freezer thaw and ruin several times. The reason for the issues is yet to be resolved. 2.) The slide controller had to be replaced for the kitchen. (Jayco paid for the field fix) 3.) The dinette slide roof had to be replaced. (factory issue that Jayco paid for) 4.) One of the dinette lights quit working. (dealer fixed) 5.) The bedroom slide quit working. I was left on my own by the dealer and Jayco to get the slide back in and the piece of junk home. 6.) The RV vacuum quick working. (dealer replaced) 7.) The fireplace quit working. (dealer replaced) 8.) The kitchen slide is not level, so when you are cooking or otherwise on the stove or using the oven, nothing comes out level. I was told the slide was within Jayco's tolerances. However, when the refrigerator door slams shut, I would say that the tolerances should be adjusted. 9.) The shower head fell off the second time it was used. Wood screws were used to attach the shower head to the fiberglass shower wall. I had to fix this. Overall this RV is of very low quality and I would never buy another Jayco. The warranty has about (6) months left on it, and then this piece of junk will really start costing us money.
- Stephen Johnson, Texas

2019-08-08 2019 Jayco Pinnacle 36FBTS View Listings

Many thoughtless design flaws, e.g., wash basins located so far under overhanging cabinets that any attempt to wash your face will lead to injury. Slide out in bedroom is so low that more head bumps are inevitable. Sinks in baths are also ridiculously small. Dining table is too narrow for supposed "live-in" theme of this fifth wheel. Inadequate storage in kitchen and bedroom. Kitchen storage issue is more understandable because half bath uses space that could be in kitchen. Bedroom storage could have been easily doubled by adding cabinets on either side of dresser and adding storage overtop of a larger bed slide-out. Our entertainment system has a sound bar where earlier versions had a drawer...but no wires connect to the absolutely useless sound bar. The massage function on one seat won't turn off, had to disconnect wires. Hot water output is way too hot and can't be lowered. Four screws found lying on the ground or floor so far, indicating shoddy construction and quality control. The middle two auto levelers would not lower; we had to block-up and wedge under them. Our dealer was horrible. After giving us a signed "We owe" paper to get our money, they did not honor the agreement to install missing bedside tables at our nearby campsite and in fact didn't even give us the mounting brackets to install them ourselves. We have seen other front-bath fifth wheels that don't have the same wash basin and storage issues, so look around before buying the 36FBTS.
- Jim Reed, Maryland

2019-08-07 2015 Jayco Pinnacle 36FBTS View Listings

Ordered a 2015 Jayco Pinnacle 36FBTS. Unit was camped in twice. On second camping trip noticed lower toilet leaking. Found the water line to toilet was gobbed with sealant from Jayco. Also slide-out seals were falling off. Contacted Jayco and they were reluctant to fix toilet and was basically told too bad for slide-out seals. Jayco Customer Service sux. Will not purchase another jayco product.
- Calvin Tyson, Georgia

2019-08-07 2018 Jayco Alante 26X View Listings

We’ve enjoyed our experience with our Jayco Alante. It’s comfortable to ride in and big enough for my husband and I to live in for months at a time. We even took our daughter and three grandkids on a week-long trip. It was a bit tight but we had a great time. I wish there was a bit more room around the queen-sized bed for making it, but it’s doable. A great RV!
- Linda Frey, Florida

2019-08-06 2018 Jayco Melbourne 24L View Listings

Great unit overall. Selling dealer was excellent at sale and with attempts to get warranty work done. Service techs were helpful. Not the service manager however. He left things unresolved and me unhappy. The Mercedes sprinter support was outstanding! Very helpful, thorough and courteous (Keenan Mercedes Doylestown PA). Not enough storage room. Limited by a smaller chassis. The interior was not carefully assembled which I would say is a necessity when such lightweight materials are being used. Needs more screws and glue. Less construction staples. Overall I like it and have a sense of humour about improving on the original construction when I have to make a repair!
- david beaumont, Pennsylvania

2019-08-06 2014 Jayco Jay Flight Swift 248RBS View Listings

This is our RV and it is beautiful. We bought it new in 2014 and used it a couple of times. Unfortunately due to a family health issue we relocated to Indiana and have not been able to use it since. It has been serviced regularly each winter and summer. It has new batteries and a new power tongue jack.
- Kelli, Indiana

2019-08-05 2017 Jayco Hummingbird 17FD View Listings

Bought this because we are able to tow it with our 2005 Honda Pilot. Dry weight of the trailer is around 2800. Since we bought it, I have pulled it from California to Kansas and back, four times and always with our Honda Pilot. The single greatest feature of this trailer is it's towability. For it’s size and relative comfort, there’s few, if any, travel trailers that can be so and be towed by a mid-sized SUV at the same time. The design is understandable, but not entirely to our liking. For one thing, as has already been mentioned, in another review, it is not friendly for a senior with mobility issues. The bed sits higher than normal and this made it hard for my wife to reach, plus it's only one butt space opening to get, which makes ingress to and egress from the bed complicated. My wife, who has had both knees replaced, had trouble stepping up into the wet bath. I am guessing this was one of the first models to roll out from the new Franken-merger company made by Thor and Jayco. To make it light, it’s clear, that most of the materials on the aluminum frame are the cheapest and lightest available. For example, the dining table is useless as a bed, since the MDF board and the support beneath it broke- twice. In general, this trailer seems to be Jayco/Thor's answer to the Forest River R-Pod. The other major thing was the Norcold refrigerator does not ignite on propane, although, since we do not boondock, this was never much of an issue. But, when you pay nearly $20K for something you'd like it to work, just as a matter of principle. Two different Jayco dealers did not fix it and that's over 8 months, total, in the shop. We bought this from RV One location in Des Moines, Iowa. Price was good, but dealership might as well have been Camping World and is not recommended by me. The lack of good service was the single worst thing about this buy. Not sure how Jayco dealer service was before the merge with Thor, but we are not impressed.
- Steven Gordo, California

2019-08-04 2017 Jayco Seismic 4113 View Listings

Full size fridge with ice maker, two decks, party lights, and auto leveling makes this trailer very liveable. Many other awesome features like four tv’s, fireplace, plenty of cargo storage and two exterior doors.
- Leslie Johnston, Oklahoma

2019-08-04 2019 Jayco Seneca HD 37TS View Listings

Our Senica 37 TS. Rides like a dream Air ride. It tows our boat ( 8000 lb ) With ease and plenty of power to spare. The full size tires are sweet The 360 Cummins Engine and Automatic Transmission make driving simple. After adding a custom towel rack in the full bathroom and purchasing a custom made sunscreen for the cab windows. We are very happy.
- Bill Hadden , Pennsylvania