Jayco RVs Reviews (611)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Jayco RVs Reviews and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of these RVs.

Rex Rexach from Florida says:

Have you owned any Jayco RVs? Write a review

Voted Most Helpful Review 2016 Jayco Precept 35UN View Listings

Worst investment ever. My wife and I like it, we use it for a week in December. The main slde leaks its been in the dealer since January. Now the dealer said its a manufature problem and they can not fixe it. Call Jayco several times ,Im still waiting for an answer from them. This a brand new 2016 Jayco Precept in limbo, but im still making payments and storage fees. My advice stay away.... far away from this company and Tampa RVs. The service and sales are terrible. Dont fall for sale piches and 2 year waranty. The 2 year warranty dont mean a thing, much less the service.
- Rex Rexach, Florida

2019-12-03 2019 Jayco Greyhawk Prestige 29MVP View Listings

This is my second RV and have made great memories in it some good as well as some being bad. I will start off with what i like about this model then work my way to the nitty gritty. So lets get started I took the RV to get fully inspected before a trip my family and I wanted to go on and they came back with some bad news, my black water tank was being punctured by a bolt of the chassis. So they told me to call the dealer to get it fixed because it’s a manufacturer error and should be covered even passed warranty which had unluckily just passed, but they still took care of it lucky for me. When this was happening I told them about an issue i was having with one of my jacks randomly coming down while i drove (happened off and on since i got the RV, first trip we took we had to call them cause it had come down and had no idea what to do). They fixed that right away too. That’s why i have given a 5 star there. The layout of the RV is what made us WANT this model more then anything, everything is well placed and when the slide-outs are extended there is plenty of room for us and our 3 dogs (yea i meant to put 3). Now to wrap it up the bad in consecutive, I swear i find a screw to something every time i sweep the floor, the wood used on some parts of the RV feels way too flimsy, and last thing i can think of my door swung open so the stairs went down WHILE DRIVING, is there not a safety mechanism in place to prevent that? Yea I should’ve secured my door but the door was fine but no had to pull over and shut it so my dog didn’t jump out and I unfortunately hit something now they don’t fully collapse. I don’t know if something was missed in the warranty work because on the bill they fixed the stairs too and before that i swear the mechanism work everytime I turned on the car but eh I just keep finding little quality issues and that’s why it’s so low. Hopefully can trade it in for a gem and not a lemon but gotta convince the wife, wish me luck as i do to anyone who reads this.
- Jordan, Arizona

2019-12-01 2018 Jayco Alante 31V View Listings

Purchased in March of 2019, retired,wife and I were to fulltime travel. Well she passed away and I'm carrying on. Clearly unsafe to drive. Trucks, RV's and similar sized vehicles just push me off the road, either direction. I have only put just 1200 miles on it since purchase in March of 2019. My dealer has done a "cheap"sway bar adjustment and bumped the tire pressures up. Shower stall is not square, water leaks to the floor, shower base is cracked, haven't been able to use shower in weeks. Floor has developed rust colored spots thru out the motorhome. My 3RD list goes on. Selling dealer has been very cooperative and really trying to get this thing fixed but at some point you have to throw in the ball. This is the 3rd and last time it goes into the shop. I have obtained professional advice and the 3rd time is the charm. Not correct this time the selling dealer, their salesman "gave false and misleading information" and Jayco will have hell to pay. As god is my witness this I promise.
- Christopher Torres, Nevada

2019-11-29 2006 Jayco Seneca HD 35GS View Listings

We have really enjoyed this RV. Our children and grandchildren have loved the camping and mainly traveling in our RV. It drives really smooth and has lots of power in the mountains. I am a grandma and I love driving her. We also pull a car and I feel very comfortable doing that. We have made many trips to Myrtle Beach and South Florida and also to Maine and Washington DC from Ohio and she is a nice, reliable ride. So nice to have a bathroom, kitchen, microwave and beds to enjoy trips. Love the Diesel engine and how high you sit as you are driving. You are up there with the other big truck drivers.
- Peggy Pursel, Ohio

2019-11-26 2018 Jayco Pinnacle 36FBTS View Listings

We sold our property and went full-time RV'ing for over 14,000 miles, almost a year. After 2 other RVs, including a smaller Grand Design 5th wheel (not four seasons) and a Tiffin Phaeton 40' motorhome. Loved the motorhome EXCEPT for the expense. This 39'9" Jayco Pinnacle 5th Wheel is VERY livable, plenty of storage, and the master bath and half bath at entry are very comfortable. YES, we had many small issues and before we set out to adventure and again when we returned for holidays, dealer was able to repair or replace all problems. I believe that all new RVs come from the factory with issues, so the key is a great dealer service department! Now that all problems have been resolved, this RV is solid and performs well. I would buy another Jayco, but would buy a used model that could prove regular maintenance and all warranty work complete. Like ours!
- Janelle Keirns, Colorado

2019-11-25 2006 Jayco Seneca ZX 35TM View Listings

Had really good luck with this rig, served me well for 13 years. Many things are better than my much higher priced class A. For example more storage, more ground clearance, more maneuverable, easier to drive and park. Very happy with it!
- Ryan Pain, California

2019-11-23 2018 Jayco Precept 31UL View Listings

Brand new 2018 precept 31ft. Precept. Right off the bat problems: The shower drain trap was installed backwards. Closet doors and trim falling off. Garmin doesn't work. Back up and side cameras didn't work. Toilet handle flusher broke off. Microwave/convection oven broke. Three safety recalls already issued. Televator was installed crooked and when it was lowered cut the wires. Turn indicator modulator had to be replaced. Kitchen sink seal leaked. Constantly finding more problems. It's been a nightmare, we will never purchase another Jayco.
- Edward, Washington

2019-11-21 2017 Jayco Eagle HT 27.5RLTS View Listings

It has been a great 5er. Only problem was refrigerator but Mfg. quickly replaced cooling unit and I just replaced LP gas regulator. Never any exterior water leaks,no plumbing leaks. After previously owning a class A, a class C, and a travel trailer, this is the most comfortable to pull ( sometimes I forget it is behind me) my tow vehicle is a 2016 2500 Gas. Very satisfied with unit.
- Ken Smith, South Carolina

2019-11-18 2018 Jayco Jay Sport 12UD View Listings

Bought the camper from Camper World in Georgetown, KY. On the first camping trip the awning broke and the front door would not close. The electric crank would not take the camper up. The second time out the refrigerator went out and the camper would not close completely. Camper World Georgetown,KY had it in their service department for two months. The third trip the right hand tire blew on the way to and from trip and the camper would not close. Called camper world and was assured blown tires were common and it was not unusual to have two blow on the same trip. The problem with the tires are they are twelve inches and work twice as hard as vehicle tires and the right side axle has the small gear heating the tires up until they blow. Shame on you Jayco for producing such a poor product. I definitely regret the purchase of the camper and buying from Camper World Georgetown, KY.
- Nicole , Ohio

2019-11-15 2016 Jayco Jay Flight SLX 195RB View Listings

We have ours for 3 years. Most things were minor like the seating I am a big guy and the bracing for the booth seating broke my wife is a small gal and hers were doing the same thing. I spent a day fixing this problem and now they are very sturdy should be built this way from the factory also heard from other Jayco owners this is a common issue. Also did the same with the bed just in case put a brace through the middle for support. Some things we added that should be built in when these are being built like air shocks for the bed to use the storage. We have had 2 leaks one came in where the Antenna is and the other is the door for the front storage. We re sealed with Silicone on the door and dicor caulking on the roof.
- Kenneth H, Missouri

2019-11-13 2017 Jayco Pinnacle 38FLSA View Listings

Have not had any negative experience's with this unit. We love the floor plan with the front living, large side by side residential refrigerator, large sit down shower, large bedroom with a residential king size bed, auto leveling and auto return to tow vehicle height, premium Good Year tires with 6 year guarantee, mor-ride fifth wheel pin hook up, mor-ride suspension. This unit pulls better than anything I have had in the past (2ea tt and 3 fifth wheels) This is pure luxury and will compete very well with anything out there plus the Pinnacle will turn a lot of heads in the campground. Ideal for full time rver's or anyone who love the upper end of anything.
- Larry Dunlevy, Florida

2019-11-12 2016 Jayco White Hawk 24RKS View Listings

we bought our Jayco in early February of 2016 and were so excited to get out there to the ocean for valentines day,well it didnt take long to ealize we had a leak coming from somewhere in the kitchen sink area so after we got home we called our dealer and the salesman was not in so we talked to the service manager. so we made an appointment and they told us to bring it in right away but it wouldn't be done for 3-4 weeks and well you can just about figure how well that went especially being that we had a camping trip booked for 3 weeks out. well i talked with the store manager and he worked his magic and it was ready in 2 weeks just in time for trip. well i guess you can probably hear the words when we used the kitchen sink and found it still leaking. so we take it back to kent wa, kent valley super stores and get told 3-4 weeks again but dont bring it down for a couple of weeks because lot is full, that should have told us something then. come to find out that if you buy a trailer from these folks people that bought their trailers from other dealers got their work done before we who bought from them.so we pick up trailer and take on another trip and you would never guess what was leaking, not only the kitchen sink but now somewhere around bathroom area,we are not so thrilled with the trailer at this point but we are still pleasant with the dealership.took the trailer down for another leak after filling main water tank from outside noticed a leak on the inside, also noticed a leak in the front around the bed frame and also underneath also looked like some wood was discolored and soft from moisture so we book some appointment with service department again and they call and said that the trailer was about out of the warranty but would see what and if jayco would do anything about it under warranty. service manager calls back and says they found a leak that was running in from the left front storage area and they got the ok to do all the wood replacement underneath and some trim up around the bedroom area. so my husband picks trailer up and puts it away at the house for the winter.we didnt use the trailer in 2018 as my husband had some bad health issues and didn't want to go out of area camping. 2019 rolls around and we go out for a 3 day trip about 50 miles from house and my husband hooks the water and electic up at site and we have water running out of 2 separate spots, well it seems when they winterized that they leave all water spouts and such wide open. so i had to put plastic bolt in hot water drain and turn outer shower head nozzle off,then things seemed better as we used a couple more times in May and June with out no major issues. take it hunting and cant get the water pump to work so we had no water, spent an hour or so tearing the kitchen chairs apart to get to the pump to find that a switch for water flow must have been turned off when winterizing in 2017 and the filter cap was loosed and wasn't allowing suction of water thru the line we had troubles for all the trips with this in 2019 until we found and tightened the filter cap as well as opening the flow thru water switch. well im about done whining we are going to fix everything that needs fixing and are going to dump this jayco and will never suggest that anyone buy this brand of rv. we called Jayco personally and they told us to get a lawyer because we wanted them to step up and take care of this lemon and they wouldn't. originally my husband wanted a 20 foot trailer and the sales person (boone) talked me into upgrading into this (top of the line) 24 foot trailer so my husband agreed. thanks for the chance to vent Jennifer Holcomb
- JLHGDH, Washington

2019-11-10 2017 Jayco Jay Flight 29RLDS View Listings

After much research I decided my first RV would be a Jayco Jay Flight 29RLDS. My wife and I have camped in scorching heat and freezing temperatures. Our Jayco hasn't let us down yet. I highly recommend this well built camper equipped with the thermal package. We made the correct decision when purchasing our RV.
- jeff899501, North Carolina

2019-11-07 2017 Jayco Greyhawk 30X View Listings

In reading reviews of the Jayco 30X I noticed a review as to "can't fill with Gas". took 40 minutes to get 20 gallons of gas. We had the very same problem. Could not put gas in. Dealer found the problem but could not fix the problem. A outside RV repair service center had to drop the gas tank. Problem was the gas pipe from fill to tank was installed upside down at factory and was to long so the Factory just bent or crimp the hose to attach it to the Gas Tank. Dealer paid for the repair. We can fill with gas now. Thank you Hayes RV of Longview.
- Ron Atchley, Texas

2019-11-06 2018 Jayco Jay Flight SLX 232RB View Listings

Purchased the trailer 2018. This unit fits our needs, however, as you spend more time in the unit, you really see how cheaply & quickly these trailers are thrown together. The taps are of a very low grade material & kitchen faucet had to be replaced. Would not move as designed. I would hope anything that carries or despenses a liquid would be of sound quality. Water pump sounds as if it is ready for lift off, even after we had kink in water line repaired. Module for water heater had to be replaced. On either side of the bed there are two cupboards. Very functional, but also very dangerous. Since the space is limited, the edging should be rounded. I have been hurt on more than one occasion. We understand, materials have to be light & room is limited, but why does quality & workmanship have to be sacrificed? I am at loss to understand how this would be part of a good business plan. At some point, sales will be affected. Parts do fail & this is understandable, but constant visits to service? For us, we will be extremly carefull with our next purchase. The internet can be a very valuable tool. At some point, the manufactures just might get it. Happy Camping!
- Brian, Ontario

2019-11-03 2017 Jayco Jay Feather 23RLSW View Listings

Very pleased with our unit. Have spent 150 plus nights and 15,000 miles in it with only one warranty issue.Jayco replaced awning with no problem. JAYCO customer service has been great as well as our local dealer for annual maintenance work.Tows like a champ behind our 2014 Chev Silverado 1500.
- Chet Gibbons, Wisconsin

2019-10-31 2018 Jayco Eagle HT 28.5RSTS View Listings

For a 2018 your contractors just slapped it together with no love or pride. They definitely don't make it like they use to. First off furnace keeps breaking down. Marks on decos. Saw dust and scraps in AC intake. Front straps just fall off. String in blinds break. Marks on floor. Lose screws. I can go on and on.
- Ron, British Columbia

2019-10-30 2019 Jayco Jay Feather 23RB View Listings

This is my first coach. Bought this coach brand new from Camping World. First time out water heater quit working. Took it back to dealer. Said it was fixed. One week later stopped working again. Found out shower leaks do to not being caulked. Shower base is cracked. One half inch gap between shower base and shower wall. Debris under the laminate flooring. Window leaks. Entry stair light has no switch, have to turn on propane switch for hot water heater on panel for the stair light to work. Roof has bubbled. Entry door very hard to close now and is visibly bowed. Haven't even made the second payment. I thought Jayco was a quality product. Guess not. I just want my money back so I can purchase a reliable product. I took it in to the dealer and left it for them to fix. Not holding my breath. They are not customer friendly.
- Steven Meyer, Illinois

2019-10-27 2015 Jayco Eagle 321RSTS View Listings

This 5th wheel is easy to pull and with the various accessories it makes for a great camping experience! Very comfortable seating, love the double fridge, and the large bathroom are great additions to the layout! Also, the auto leveling system even makes hooking up a breeze as it leaves the kingpin at the exact location as it was when the unit was unhooked!
- Robin Olsson, Florida

2019-10-26 2017 Jayco Eagle 317RLOK View Listings

Overall Floor plan is great. Construction is poor. Large cupboard door in bed room actually broke The Door latch prevented movement during travel the door 24 in by 36 split. The whole front wall of the trailer separated from the trailer frame after 15000 miles. Now replacing the entire Schwinteck Drive for the kitchen slide 25 months old. All the TV wiring connectors were loose had to find and do them up. No wiring diagrams available. Jayco have no one doing user design. the switch for tv antenna was 18 inches behind the tv couldn't be reached. the Tv faces the theater seats but the stereo speakers are not at the left and right of the Tv they are across the end of the trailer 90 degrees from where they should be so the sound is useless when watching movie. we ordered parts to repair the door after a breakin. all parts ordered on one order by by dealer took 4 shipments to get everything trip to dealer and back 75 miles. The schwinteck controls are mounted in the front storage area facing down from the ceiling so a user has to dismount them to see the diagnostic diodes and override the system for manual pushin if it fails. No manuals for that The dealer TRaveland Rv have been great but we'll never buy or recommend a Jayco to anyone. Ross Blair
- Ross Blair, British Columbia

2019-10-22 2016 Jayco White Hawk 28DSBH View Listings

I bought a Jayco Whitehawk about 3 years ago. My wife and I did extensive research on many different travel trailers and we decided to go with the Jayco because of their reputation as the best. We soon came to regret this decision. I have taken it back to the dealership 14 times in 3 years. Our heater has never worked, and two times, yes two times our fuse box has caught fire. And we just took it out last weekend, and the heater didn't work again, and the fuse box is black with heat damage :( This has been more than disappointing and demoralizing really. You buy an expensive item and hope to enjoy it for a long time with your family, but instead you hope and pray nothing happens every time you go out :(
- Joshua, Arizona

2019-10-20 2018 Jayco Eagle HT 28.5RSTS View Listings

We love our Jayco had no problems with it.Love all the storage space!Anyone can tell you that's one of the most important things.All the appliances are of good quality. This was our 2nd purchase of a Jayco product.
- Joe, Colorado

2019-10-20 2016 Jayco Precept 35UP View Listings

Just came across a review of the Jayco Precept 35 UP, and totally surprised and sad that someone with the same type of unit that we own, has had a totally different experience. We have enjoyed just about every aspect of our “second” home, and have never had any leaks, slide problems, ac problems, etc. Yes, we have experienced minor issues that come from rolling across the country- 50,000 miles in 3 years! Some trim has come loose, the cabinet bases are cheap and one of the shelves failed, our water pump just gave out-($150 fix). Yes, they are mass produced and it’s obvious, they are put together very quickly, but overall, we’ve been so happy with it. The layout is incredible. Love the big kitchen, and overhead bunk.
- Wendy Edwards, Alabama

2019-10-18 2017 Jayco Jay Flight SLX 154BH View Listings

This TT has plenty of room for 2 adults. I love having a full bathroom. I'm new at towing a TT. I havent had any problems. Ive never had any problems with this TT.Its very clean and still smells new!
- Betty, Georgia

2019-10-18 2017 Jayco Pinnacle 38FLSA View Listings

First is how the unit travels: I have no problems traveling, it pulls and maneuvers very easy and a longer unit is easy to back compared to a shorter unit. I use a Ford F250 power stroke and the truck has no issues pulling or handling the unit and I get 11 mpg loaded. Second: Once at your campsite you unhook and pull out from fifth wheel push the auto level and your done. Third: all 5 slides work great both out and in
- lkdunl, Florida