Jayco Reviews on RV Insider (814)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Jayco RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Rex Rexach from Florida says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2016 Jayco Precept 35UN View Listings

Worst investment ever. My wife and I like it, we use it for a week in December. The main slde leaks its been in the dealer since January. Now the dealer said its a manufature problem and they can not fixe it. Call Jayco several times ,Im still waiting for an answer from them. This a brand new 2016 Jayco Precept in limbo, but im still making payments and storage fees. My advice stay away.... far away from this company and Tampa RVs. The service and sales are terrible. Dont fall for sale piches and 2 year waranty. The 2 year warranty dont mean a thing, much less the service.
- Rex Rexach, Florida

2020-11-22 2018 Jayco Precept 31UL View Listings

We’ve had several campers of all types. Overall, I absolutely love this Motorhome the best of all of them! So easy to drive and the seats are so comfortable! We love having two Air Conditioners! The large refrigerator amd freezer is sects bonus!
- Kathy, Ohio

2020-11-18 2021 Jayco Eagle 321MLOK View Listings

Ok this is my second complaint about our 2021 jayco eagle 5th wheel. We found out that our RV was suppose to come with a tire monitoring system. They r standard on the jayco eagle for 2021. This system is compatible with the standard jay command system. We did not receive the system it was suppose to be in our bag of manuel's and hoses. It was not! I called Jayco to find out why? This was their excuse, being that we ordered our Jayco in March it was not eligible for the monitoring system. When we ordered a 2020 and got a 2021? Still don't understand why it was not included it was suppose to. Does not make sense?? I am so unhappy with Jayco, there customer is the worst they r rude and make excuses. Buyer beware!!! They don't care about there customers once they get your money. I will never buy another Jayco. Very unhappy customer. This is the second problem with them.
- Duane Mercier, Michigan

2020-11-11 2015 Jayco Jay Flight SLX 145RB View Listings

Have had the front window repaired twice... leaking again. Refrigerator sometimes works. Taillights always a problem. Battery replaced twice. Roof repairs as not finished from factory. I have owned 5 campers. Bought this camper new in 2015.... thankful I kept my 2005 sublime...I now use it instead of my Jayco.... anyone want it. Will whole sale it.
- Joe sans, Georgia

2020-11-07 2020 Jayco Alante 29S View Listings

I have a new 2020 Jayco Alante 29S. I’m frustrated with the quality of the vehicle and the service from the dealer. They delivered the RV with an alignment issue. The RV’s drivers AC went out 30 mins in on the first trip. The awning broke on the first trip also. We had multiple pieces of trim fall off with the as well. I’m told I have to drive it an hour away to have it serviced - even though it’s brand new. Regret this purchase. Steer clear.
- Robin, Florida

2020-11-05 2020 Jayco North Point 377RLBH View Listings

Worst investment ever! Jayco is not supportive during these strange times we live in. We have owned several RVs and for the money we spent......I am going to put it on a corner lot with a banner that lists everything wrong with and the lack of service from Jayco. One service rep tells us one thing and another something different
- susan spaulding, Texas

2020-11-03 1997 Jayco Eagle 286S View Listings

Yes this rv is very nice and beautiful rv. Easily sleeps 4 adults. Inside and outside shower, walk around bed, foldout couch, handy little table slides out to make larger table or the long table can be in place for bigger parties.
- Denisha Cobbs, New York

2020-11-03 1997 Jayco Eagle 286S View Listings

The best RV . The price is good. Is very nice !! All systems working properly. AC which blows cold. Hot water heater and generator turned on from inside the RV at the control panel. Thank you for this RV!!
- Jenna McKenna, California

2020-11-02 2021 Jayco Eagle 319MLOK View Listings

We ordered this unit March 13, 2020. We ordered the luxury package. We were supposed to get the theater seats. It specifically said this on the build sheet. When we got our unit on June 29, 2020, we found out it was a 2021 not a 2020 that I ordered. Therefore they changed the interior furnishings and it did not include the furniture that we expected and paid for. I did not order and 2021 in the first place. Therefore the dealership ordered the original furniture I wanted and paid for. Now they are telling me that if Jayco does not compensate this dealership I have to pay for the furniture. I called Jayco and filed a complaint got a response from jayco that there is nothing they can do for me, the dealership has to take care of it. The dealership is saying I have to pay for the furniture. That is a bunch of crap. I paid for the luxury package already. I am so angry right now. I am trying to be nice. I will never buy another Jayco or never tell anyone to but a Jayco. There customer service is very uncaring. I just feel like once they have your $$$ they could care less. Buyer beware!!! Very unhappy customer.😡😡😡
- Duane Mercier, Michigan

2020-11-02 2020 Jayco Jay Flight SLX 8 264BH View Listings

Built in Jan. 2020 bought aug. 2020. Piece o’ crap! Ac will not shut off. Dealer replaced thermo.. same issue. Leak under bath sink. Fixed. Plumbing hole in floor is 2” dia. with no caulk. Lack screws holding black molding around tires almost all backed out of holes and missing. Screens flop in breeze on 2 windows. Can’t turn blind over sink open. Missing a turning bar. Missing molding around slide out. In 2003 we owned a 28’ jayco trav. Trailer. It was great. I WILL NOT RECOMMEND NO BUY ANOTHER JAYCO PRODUCT!
- Giget, Florida

2020-10-27 2015 Jayco Seneca 37TS View Listings

This is the best floor plan of the Seneca line. Great ground clearance for Boondocking fun. Towing power is very nice. Triple slides gives so much interior room. The entertainment send over can is a great design
- James J, Texas

2020-10-26 2012 Jayco Pinnacle 34RLTS View Listings

Lived in this travel trailer for 1.5 years. It was a great experience. This 5th wheel has everything you need. Would make a great camper for a family looking to make lots of memories. Cons- the 4 season insulation could be better but was the best I’ve seen so far.
- Drew Dreadfulwater, Oklahoma

2020-10-25 2020 Jayco Jay Flight SLX 7 174BH View Listings

Buyer beware! 2020 Jayco Jay Flight SLX 7 174BH total crap!!! Jayco has manufactured these travel trailers with a tempered front glass window, without a rock guard. Additionally, there is no upgrade nor aftermarket product to buy to protect your window and your investment. 3rd time out my window shattered while driving down the interstate. Needless to say completely ruined our trip. Jayco's solution is to install the same window again under warranty. Unfortunately, this solution is unacceptable. As the design is faulty there should have been a rock guard or this glass should have been laminated. At some point during this 2020 manufacturing line they began putting tempered glass in the units rather than the rock guard they had been using for 15 years. Being a first time travel trailer owner I assumed it was a strong enough glass and I trusted Jayco to use appropriate products. I was never warned by anyone that they used tempered glass and it is not designed for use on a front window of any vehicle. The glass is designed to shatter! I contacted the Glass manufacturer Clearview, they informed me the product Jayco installed was never engineered to be placed in a high impact area and it is not an appropriate use under there recommendation. They did mention it is not illegal on a travel trailer, while not being illegal does not make it acceptable or morally right. I have now been without a trailer for 1 month the part cannot get replaced under warranty until January as Jayco is last in line with Clearview OEM manufacturer list. So I will not have a window until most likely January according to Clearview. Totally unacceptable to buy a brand new travel trailer that is not capable of traveling because the window will shatter on you!!! It makes me wonder what other areas in this trailer are using unacceptable parts... I bought Jayco based on word of mouth, well anyone I tell is now unfortunately getting an earful of first hand bad experience. I will not nor cannot recommend Jayco, it has been an awful experience. Their warranty department is ridiculous and I have spent countless hours trying to get Jayco to do the right thing and install the rock guard.
- Greg Koehler, Florida

2020-10-25 2015 Jayco Precept 29UM View Listings

This RV has a lot of big couch features but in a small package. Easy to drive and setup. Really like how it turns. I am able to drive this behind my house for storage. Easy to get in to small spaces. Like the Bunks for extra sleeping space. Great for the kids and grand kids that come with us camping. Just pull in to your camping spot, push a button and your set up for camping.
- Scott Meyer, South Carolina

2020-10-22 2018 Jayco Jay Flight SLX 8 265RLS View Listings

Refrigerator had to be repaired 3 times. Wasted an entire summer waiting to get it repaired. Perhaps used the furnace 15 times and that had to be repaired. The technician informed us that this is common on these units and it should have been a recall. Very poor customer service with Jayco Co. Would not recommend. Save your money and be sure and do research before purchasing a RV. The bedroom is not big enough, way to cramped. I hit my are on the side closet every night
- James Kasishke, Michigan

2020-10-21 2010 Jayco Select 141J View Listings

We bought this PUP in 2015 and love it! Ours has the shower/bath option, making this completely livable. There are king beds on both sides. It's impossible to even find a highwall with bath/shower and 2 kings anymore, which makes it hard for us to give ours up even with our 34TT. There's plenty of counter space and with a fridge/microwave/stove, it has everything we need. We did customize ours to add two golf cart batteries, great for dry camping. And it's easy to put up...we have it down to about 1/2 hour for full camp setup with both of us. Drawbacks...clothes storage but with two of us we store clothes on one bed and sleep on the other. And the floor is ugly. But I saw one unit where they replaced it with wood plank laminate and it was beautiful! It's also hard to find parts since Jayco was acquired and they no longer make PUPs. Fortunately, we've found some online and have McGyver'd some small fixes to make them work. Otherwise it's super fun to camp in...a tent experience with the amenities. We've easily pulled it with our Jeep Commander or our Ford F350. I only wish they'd make more!
- Janet S, Arizona

2020-10-17 2019 Jayco Precept 31UL View Listings

We previously owned a 1997 Class C (Coachman) and a 2007 Class A (Bounder) RV. We did a lot of research before purchasing this 2019 JAYCO Precept 31UL, focusing on both driveabiity and quality of assembly. The Precept drives much better than any of the other 2019 Class A units we tried. This appears to be the result of a better wheelbase-to-overall length ratio, and 22" wheels which are not common on RVs of this size. While I frequently read reviews criticizing driveability and handling of Class A coaches built on the Ford 53 chassis, Jayco made this unit drive RIGHT! As a result we have not needed to invest in any of the suspension upgrades that many other Ford 53 chassis owners find necessary. As many RV owners' experience, our new unit came from the factory with several minor defects. Rather than returning it to the dealership for each problem, I handled those that I could myself. At the one year ownership anniversary, after several "shakedown trips" and three long trips, we scheduled a warranty visit with JAYCO back at the factory in Middlebury, IN. JAYCO personnel expected our repairs to take 8 to 10 shop days, but due to COVID caused delays getting parts from suppliers, they ended up keeping the unit about 5 weeks. We could not be happier with the work quality of the warranty shop. Every single item on our list was repaired/replaced or adjusted perfectly, and they detailed the unit interior before releasing it to us. So, we are very pleased with JAYCO's warranty efforts. Overall, consider us HAPPY CAMPERS!
- Randy Hilger, Missouri

2020-10-16 2017 Jayco Octane 222 View Listings

Awesome build quality! Higher grade components are used in Jayco compared to other manufactures (cabinets, toilet, flooring ,jack, fridge, axles, ect). Tows really well with 1/2 ton. Lots of garage space for the toys. We upgraded our mattresses, but they all need that. Love this TH and we are sure to build some awesome memories with it.
- V. Smith, Kansas

2020-10-16 2015 Jayco Greyhawk 29MV View Listings

This RV has been perfect for my husband and I, our two daughters, and two Golden Retrievers. Plenty of room for us all to cook, work, eat, sleep, watch TV, chill. The storage is amazing! I could pretty much bring my entire closet of clothes on hangers and put them in the wardrobe in the bedroom! I didn't have to worry about over packing, or leaving things behind because of all the storage! The bathroom cabinets allow you to bring all necessary medications and toiletries and store them conveniently. 3 burners on the stove, plenty of room to store pots/pans, dishes, nice pantry, everything you need. The refrigerator is 8 cubic feet with a freezer, so it is easy to bring along a weeks worth of food to prepare. We had room for 2 large dog feeder stands, dog beds, toys, and storage for their food for 3 weeks! The slide outs are wonderful and really make the living space comfortable! Sleeping was comfortable in the Queen bed, and the overhead loft above the cab. Using the dining seats and couch as a bed, would be good for small children, but not real comfy for adults. I loved having the shower, it saved a lot of quarters in campsites to be able to clean up in your own RV. Plenty of room for towels. The automatic leveling jacks are amazing and so easy to use anywhere you camp. There is a huge amount of external storage on the RV for chairs, tables, large items. The RV comes with an attached outdoor propane grill which is convenient to use and nice to have your own. There is an outdoor shower so you can wash off muddy dogs, feet etc. so you don't have to drag it into the RV. The automatic awning with lights is nice to use at night by the fire pit and picnic table. We have loved this RV the last 5 years, so why sell it? It's just my husband and I now, so it is way bigger than what we need. We also thought we would be using it more than we have been able to get away. We have been the only owners, no accidents or problems. Everything works! It is stored inside when not in use, so we have taken very good care of it! It still smells new! Please e-mail us for more information and pictures of this wonderful vehicle!
- Cindy Golden, Nebraska

2020-10-13 2020 Jayco Jay Flight SLX 212QBW View Listings

I would stay away from Jayco based on my experience with this particular rv. I have been trying to get the refrigerator to work for three months dealing with the dealership where I bought it in Colorado (Humphrey RV) no help. I am now dealing directly with Jayco. Out of the 12 lights in the camper one is currently working. Two of the blinds strings have broken, the kitchen Faucet is leaking, the backsplash in the kitchen is falling off,and one of the propane hoses from the bottle to the regulator let go. I replaced that at my own expense as the dealer wanted me to break down and bring it in, wait time approximately 30 days. I currently have a dorm refer $225.00 in the camper so our food won’t spoil. After all this no one; neither the dealer nor Jayco seems to be in any hurry to correct this. I ‘m sure some love their Jaycos but my experience tells a much different story. Caveat emptor!!!! The unit was built by the Marx brothers. And one more thing the shelves in the cabinets fell apart. I am pretty handy, but after spending in excess of $20,000 I believe Jayco would come forward and make things right. If you see a Jayco jay flight with the picture of a lemon in the back window it will be me! Happy trails, as long your horse isn’t a Jayco.
- Timothy Ahearn, Colorado

2020-10-13 2021 Jayco Jay Flight SLX 8 212QB View Listings

This is our 3rd Jayco and I am as happy with this one as I was with the first Jayco Pop up. Our 2nd Jayco was a 2013 Jayco X18D hybrid. The only thing we could find to fix under warranty was a warped bathroom door and low hanging wires underneath. Stuff I could have actually fixed myself if not for warranty. Later, both faucets broke over time, no big deal. We have camped 3 times in our 212QB that we just purchased new in August. Jayco must have listened to a previous review about TV mount because it's now at foot of bed on our 2021. When the dealer did pre-delivery inspection they found nothing wrong. The only thing I can find wrong so far myself is a ding in one of the bearing caps. I have added a propane line, bumper mount grill mount, dual batteries and reinforced the bed and dinette seats. If you want me to complain about something, I would want a bigger grey water tank since we purchased this camper so we could take a shower in our own camper and the wife hates reaching past the cabinets around the bed to make the bed, but she otherwise loves the storage of the same cabinets. Thank you Jayco for making a well thought out, NO slide camper that is liveable for us as we begin to explore more as empty nesters. Also, wish this review did not force me to review factor warranty/ support as we have not had to take it back for anything yet.
- Mike Gabler, Michigan

2020-10-13 2008 Jayco Jay Flight G2 29BHS View Listings

I've taken this trailer some really great places. It's not easy to let it go. This is the 5th RV trailer I've owned and the best I've stayed in for the last 5 years. I hate to get rid of it but divorce hasnacka't been good to me. 😒 I love to back into my favorite camping spot, put down the leveling j
- Mark, Oregon

2020-10-10 2016 Jayco Greyhawk 31FS View Listings

I have had my Jayco for 3 years and I LOVE my RV. All the sleeping space was great when extended family traveled with me. About a year ago I took out the top bunk, rebuilt the lower bunk frame to be wider and make it into a more comfortable "bedroom" for my 70 year old mother. I am religious about the oil changes and I drive it every 3 weeks regardless of what the weather is like. Overall I think the quality is better than I expected - driving is a breeze. My only grip is more about the class C than my Jayco - the driver cab is tight. Its hard to get in and out of the cab into the living area. Overall I think this is a great RV!
- H Messer, New Jersey

2020-10-10 2020 Jayco Jay Flight SLX 8 264BH View Listings

Dropped off our travel trailer over a month ago for warranty service. Frig panel falls out , manufacturer defect, water leak under bath sink that caused damage to the wood by refrigerator, refrigerator wont light on propane. Campers inn said Jayco wont cover frig panel, said they could not find a leak even though clearly their is , said they fixed the frig lighting problem. Mind you they never walked us through explaining what they did and showed us the repair, just said its ready go hook up. Got it home frig panel was on the floor, frig wont light sounds like a little explosion when trying to light yet still doesn't light. And to top it off they didn't clean up there mess from whatever they did, floor was full of sand, it was spotless when we dropped it off, and they chipped the frig cabinet! Stay away for service! Will not be back!!
- Lloyd, Florida

2020-10-08 2015 Jayco Eagle Premier 338RETS View Listings

We have owned a Jayco eagle 338rets for 5 years now and the functionality has been good for the most part with only a few minor problems early on such as poor quality cabinetry as we have had multiple cabinet doors fall off from poor hinges or poor material they are fastened into. That being said we enjoyed many things like the layout,king size bed,and fireplace.The big problems though in the last couple of years have been one of the three slide-outs leaks every time it rains so we have to pull it in every time there is bad weather as we are a long distance to a dealership for repair.Jayco also had a defective batch of paint on this model and the front cap area is totally faded out and looks terrible,it happened after the 2 year factory warranty and even though we had purchased an additional 5 year warranty Jayco would not do anything to help the situation and the customer service department was extremely rude and could care less about the customer.just recently we spent a night in the rv and had to leave for a day.Upon return we were greeted to water all over the floor,the problem was a faulty toilet that Kept running and flowed over. I had to bring the rv back to the dealer for repair and in inquiring about our extended warranty and if it would be covered the response was only the defective part. My advice is that from my experience with Jayco they have some great features but from a customer service aspect I would not recommend this brand to anyone and especially not to waste your hard earned money on their extended warranty as i have found it totally worthless if you decide to purchase this brand.Also just a reminder as I learned the hard way always turn your water off if you are connected to a city water supply or well water supply with a pressure pump it could save a large disaster like the one I had.
- Chris Boettcher, North Dakota