Jayco Reviews on RV Insider (851)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Jayco RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Rex Rexach from Florida says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2016 Jayco Precept 35UN View Listings

Worst investment ever. My wife and I like it, we use it for a week in December. The main slde leaks its been in the dealer since January. Now the dealer said its a manufature problem and they can not fixe it. Call Jayco several times ,Im still waiting for an answer from them. This a brand new 2016 Jayco Precept in limbo, but im still making payments and storage fees. My advice stay away.... far away from this company and Tampa RVs. The service and sales are terrible. Dont fall for sale piches and 2 year waranty. The 2 year warranty dont mean a thing, much less the service.
- Rex Rexach, Florida

2021-02-22 2019 Jayco Pinnacle 36KPTS View Listings

This fifth wheel I purchased was the biggest waste of money ever! Not even a month after I purchased it my washer was leaking soaked my closet floor, my shower was leaking and flooded my bedroom floor, my kitchen sink is leaking which flooded my kitchen floor. My cabinets have fallen off, the stitching in my furniture is coming apart, the fake wood they have in these trailers are discolored and starting to fade to a white color, underneath and nose in the trailer there is a bunch of garbage and debris from the manufacturers, screws everywhere they even left the debris on the floor inside the trailer and laid the linoleum right over it. My hot water is not working my blinds are not opening and shredding apart. I had to take it in and have some of these repairs done and when I brought it back home my outside lights were no longer working and there was damage to the vent in my stairs that wasn't there before it went to the shop. The service man that comes out to our trailer is very knowledgeable and very friendly but it takes months to get the parts in that we need, this is an absolutely horrible trailer and I would never buy another Jayco again. I want out from under this trailer, biggest waste of money. Even though I have a two year warranty I am starting to get charged when they come out.
- Shaunda Oates, Oklahoma

2021-02-22 2020 Jayco White Hawk 32KBS View Listings

Love our 2020 Jayco 32KBS couples Coach. Great floor plan and the KING sized bed was a must for us. A few minor issues since we purchased our rig in June of 2020, and one major issue with the living area slide out. All under warranty, so no really big deal, bit we did have to cut our Florida vacay short by one week because the slide out wouldn’t extend.
- Gwen Lyles, Georgia

2021-02-21 2016 Jayco North Point 383FLFS View Listings

The water lines begin to leak the first week of owning this unit. I had to replace fans on both AC units because there are no service people available. The bed needed to be braced because of cheap and bad design. While washing my Rv I noticed that the plywood on the roof has staples ready to poke through the rubber membrane.I bough this Rv to live in because of my job constantly moving. I would not purchase this unit again giving a second chance..
- Mitchell Herbert Burk, Mississippi

2021-02-20 2020 Jayco Jay Feather 27BHB View Listings

We spent the summer of 2020 evaluating different travel trailers and eventually settled on spending the extra dollars for quality and peace of mind. We do not regret our decision. We absolutely LOVE our camper. We assumed that as we started using it we would notice some little details that would have been rushed through production that needed tweaking...so far zero. Couldn’t be happier with our purchase. Worth the extra investment for peace of mind and quality.
- P. LeB, New Brunswick

2021-02-16 2019 Jayco Eagle 317RLOK View Listings

The Jayco Eagle is a beautiful looking camper with a great layout, it was our 5th camper over the last 20 years. Stated with small and worked our way up to the jayco eagle 317 WRlok. With out hesitation yhis was the biggest piece of junk you could imagine. Camper was in shop for 9 Months the first year alone. Over next 10 months had to cancell 2 trips because of problems, major problems. Water leaks, slideouts actually coming off tracks or not opening or closing once opened, door not staying closed, electrical issues,list goes on and on. Jayco customer service? Complete joke. This is not a one time issue, go to BBB in Indiana where they are based out of and read the hundreds and hundreds of complaints. Complaints like ours with major issues and having to spend months making payments on something you cant use.
- Gerald P Briggs, Florida

2021-02-14 2020 Jayco White Hawk 32RL View Listings

I’m new to this site. I hope I can sell my RV. I was told to list it with this site and at first it was kinda confusing but as I went along it got easier to figure out. I am new to this site. I hope I can sell my RV.
- Georgiann Glover, Texas

2021-02-11 2018 Jayco Jay Flight 38BHDS View Listings

NEVER BUYING A JAYCO AGAIN. LEAKS from the beginning when new. The first thing was the shower doors from when it was new leaked on the floor. There wasn't any silicone on the the bottom of the doors fixed my self. Then we noticed water by the slideout after 2 years, discovered it was leaking around the window I silicone it myself. Then water was on the floor in the master. Discovered when you use shower water hits the wall and leaks behind the plastic grommets that holds it together. The fan above the stove stopped working was fixed under warranty a month later stopped working. The worst part when I called customer service the girl told me that in the manual it states the customer is responsible to maintain the camper. 😡 we take very good care of it and now that the warranty is up shit is a problem. The F$$king thing should not be leaking everywhere in the first couple of years. You pay a lot of money for junk. buying it from the dealer was a whole other story. Bottom line they sell them to you and never look back they move on to the next victim.
- Craig, New York

2021-02-11 2019 Jayco Jay Flight SLX 8 245RLS View Listings

This travel trailer is one of a kind with its mid bath and extra counter space. We love the quality of Jayco too. It stands up to weather, travel and usage in all environments. We also love pulling it. It is not too heavy and seems to ride stable and smooth. The only concern we have is the comfort of the jack knife couch and the mattress. These are both things that can be changed out at any given point. Overall, we have loved this camper. We are currently seeking to sell it simply because we would like a larger model. Most likely we will buy Jayco again. They're hard to beat!
- Nathan Coleman, Missouri

2021-02-10 2016 Jayco Pinnacle 36FBTS View Listings

I LOVE everything about this RIG. The size and storage is amazing and you don't feel like you are camping. This could easily be a FULL-time home. Warranty issues have gone well and nothing that isn't just normal maintenance. Hate to depart with her, but unable to travel anymore! Our loss.
- Gina Bell, Florida

2021-02-09 2019 Jayco Melbourne Prestige 24LP View Listings

Was second owner with 4000 miles on it. First owner sold it back to original dealer. Ate multiple batteries in coach and chassis within 2 years and 8000 miles. Slide did not work correctly. Leaky roof, auto step inoperative, backup camera out, refrigerator broken. All replaced by dealer. Some of which I had to pay for. Lots of electronic problems. Batteries would go dead in 2 days in use. Must run generator for hours daily. Uses up all the LP gas so you make trips to town. In storage, batteries die within a week, even with master switches off. Mercedes tech say it is a Jayco problem. Jayco says they can't find it. Sold it for what I had in it. No more Jayco or Thor products, too cheaply built. Dealer tried hard to fix everything but not successful.
- Ryan Small, Florida

2021-02-07 2019 Jayco Jay Flight 28RLS View Listings

Purchased fall of 2019. Purchased with both ac/ heating units.Used through the winter and summer months. Works great in all seasons in Virginia. Towing very well behind a Nissan Titan xd diesel. Interior is spacious. Issues with cabinet doors falling off. I’ve had to add straps to keep the doors closed.
- Andrew Cooper, Virginia

2021-02-04 2020 Jayco Jay Flight SLX 8 264BH View Listings

big piece of junk. many problems. have owned 8 months. outside shower door broken, shower/bath drain broke, tank sensors not accurate, main bed frame broke, top bunk bed frame broke. had to make these fixes myself as it takes many weeks to get appointment at an approved repair center. on top of that, have to replace the counter top do to damage and it has been 4 months on order and still have to wait 2 more months. jayco follow up is none existent. stay far away from jayco.
- terry eisermann, California

2021-01-30 2018 Jayco Jay Flight 32BHDS View Listings

Lots of space. Premium stereo. Private area for children and guests with the bunkhouse. Easy towing. Nice interior colors that are easy to clean. Outdoor kitchen provides lots of extra space for outdoor living.
- Sylvia Genovesi, New Jersey

2021-01-29 2017 Jayco Jay Feather 7 16XRB View Listings

We have been so happy with our Jayco trailer. It's been our very BEST friend. The unit is immaculate !! We've added a larger TV and Entertainment system. The unit has performed flawlessly. The ONLY reason for selling it is that we are just buying a new house, and will be needing extra money to help put the finishing touches on the property. Thank You
- Gary Yates, Arizona

2021-01-27 2017 Jayco Octane Super Lite 260 View Listings

Not good place to sell your camper I have no one with interest to buy a awesome camper I will not recommend to pay this website I have more calls and internet from My Facebook market place Like to have my money back
- Fredy Neugebauer, South Carolina

2021-01-22 2010 Jayco Eagle 322FKS View Listings

Jayco RV has been is a lousy investment. Don't bother to buy. Staples are working up all over the roof. The rubber roof is no good and to replace will cost 5,000 to 7,000. The drain pipes came loose on first trip home. The cabinet over the bed came loose because they missed a stud and only wallboard was holding it in place. Speakers on the outside disintegrated. If Jayco is suppose to be a great camper I would hate to see bad one. My best advise, don't bother to buy a camper. We only use it a month or two a year. It is fix or repair all the time.
- Janie, Arkansas

2021-01-21 2018 Jayco Alante 31V View Listings

Driving is never a issue always towing my little car. Will get 10 mph while towing but I only drive / tow 60 mph. Sleeps 5-6 people. 2 should smaller or kids. Johnny Walker RV has always did the service and warranty work.
- Christopher Torres, Nevada

2021-01-21 2021 Jayco Jay Flight SLX 8 212QB View Listings

Terrible customer service from the manufacturer! Bought in June, only used once because AC did not work. Took 6 months to fix!!! No communication. The dealer has tried, but Jayco won’t work with them either. DO NOT BUY A JAYCO!!!
- Johnny Ford, Virginia

2021-01-12 2020 Jayco North Point 387RDFS View Listings

I love the look of this trailer but I believe Jayco is the worst RV manufacturer to buy from. We brought the trailer in March of 2020. We had taken it out one time for a shake down trip, 500 mile round trip, and everything seemed fine with the trailer. Then the first week in October we took out of the second time, 200 mile round trip, and when we got back to our house the front driverside tire and hub assembly broke off. Contacted the dealership and they informed me that I would have to work with Jayco to repair the problem. Contacted Jayco and was asked to send picks to them of the hub assembly so they could start the claim process. So I sent them their pictures right after I got of the phi one with them. I called back a week later to check the status only to be told that they didn’t receive the email. So while on the phone, I hit resend and low and behold they received the email. so I waited again and had to call back again about two weeks later to be told that “I” needed to find a mobile repair company to come out and get an estimate for a full axle replacement. So I find a company, RV Rescue, to give me an estimate. I informed Alex at RV Rescue that he needed to send the estimate to Jayco,as asked by Jayco, but also asked him to CC me since their m.o. is to say they never received an email. So a week later again call Jayco to check status and again was told they didn’t receive the estimate from RV Rescue. SO again while on the phone with Jayco I resent the email from RV rescue and they received it right then. I was told then that they were going to sending it to Dexter since it was their axle and they would be the one to have to warranty the claim. So I’m waiting again for a couple of weeks to only have to call again about the status, this time I’m being told that Dexter needs my address so the could send me the new axles for replacement. So I asked why didn’t they give my address to them since it was part of the claim filing process and they stated that they needed to confirm before they send give it to them. So now I finally get the axle the week of Thanksgiving and got my axles replaced. I sent them an email stating that the old axles were ready to be picked up and also sent more pictures of the axles and the damage to the tire that I also needed to be replaced since the side wall of the tire was damaged. Damaged enough that if I get pulled over by law enforcement that I would be cited for having a defective tire on the trailer So two weeks go by and still haven’t heard from Jayco and nobody has picked up the old axles. So I call again to be told that they didn’t receive the email. Seeing the pattern here. I also informed them that I had to pay RV Rescue for the repair and that I needed my money back, i had attached a copy of the final invoice in the previous email. They informed me that Dexter would have to repay me but that wouldn’t happen until they received the axles back for testing to make sure it wasn’t something that i caused. Which i was never Ed informed until that call. So it wasn’t two days later and FEDEX was here to pick up the axles. So now I’m waiting again and i finally said I’m not waiting on Dexter to get the axles so i emailed Dexter and sent the pictures showing the axles and that as a welder by trade that i knew exactly what happened and it was during the welding of the hub to the axle tube. It was cold welded if anyone knows what is. So i get an email back the next day from Dexter stating that they were sending over the claim for processing. So now on January 7th i received the check from Dexter for the repairs. Cant say nothing but great things about Dexter and they way they handled the claim. SO now here on January 12th I’m call Jayco about the tire replacement since we are taking the trailer out for the 16th though 23rd and i need a spare in case of a tire failure. They informed me that the tire was also Dexters issue since the tire was damaged due to the axle failing. They would have to get back with me when they hear back from Dexter. I doubt Jayco will call since they have never called or emailed first during this whole warranty claim. Jayco has done nothing but passed the buck on to Dexter and helped in any real way of taking care of this claim. The wife and i will never buy another Jayco product after this and will work to make sure nobody else does either.
- Randy Wilson, Texas

2021-01-11 2019 Jayco Melbourne Prestige 24LP View Listings

Bought new 2/2020, great driver, easy travel on road. Again bought new but all batteries were bad. Had no support to recoup expense of buying 2 house batteries within 6 mos owned. Good thing Mercedes stood up and replaced chassis battery even though not original from dealer (someone swapped at dealer). Auto trans acting up, getting stuck on high gear after fwy drive. Nothing found by dealer to fix. Soundstream sucks. Running lights still not fixed. So much for high end product.
- Dan Quintana, California

2021-01-11 2019 Jayco Jay Feather X17Z View Listings

Purchased a 2019 a year ago and had it in the shop twice. The furnace will turn on for 25 seconds and turn off. Camping World repair shop said the blew hair out of and it ran fine. We took it out Thanksgiving weekend ran fine for 2 days and the started the 25 second cycle. Just came back from a weekend trip once and furnace would not stay on. Truly 2nd guessing out decision to purchase a Jayco
- Tina Jones, Arizona

2021-01-06 2020 Jayco Alante 29S View Listings

OK, I read all these negative comments and had to supply my own. Everything positive with the Jayco quality. 2020, 6 months of use, and 7,000 miles and no Jayco issues at all. Everthing worked as it should when it should. I am sorry for the problems others have had but we are good.
- Robert, Florida

2021-01-05 2018 Jayco Jay Feather 7 17XFD View Listings

While I like the layout, full dinette, and that a small trailer has an oven and a microwave. All of those wonderful amenities are overlooked by the crack in the fiberglass roof across the whole front of the trailer. I bought it new 2.5 years ago and its been covered too. Also, the crack is not covered under the warranty. If I had to purchase over again, I wouldn't go with Jayco for that reason alone. RV's are expensive and you don't expect this major of a repair to not be covered.
- Aaron Davis, California

2020-12-31 2019 Jayco Greyhawk 26Y View Listings

Quality control has been a huge issue with this RV. Fortunately, we have not had major issues like some reviewers have noted. However, for a brand new unit there have been a distressing amount of mistakes/oversights and problems. The first day we had it and started pulling things apart to take a deeper look we noticed a water leak in the storage compartment under the bed - we traced this to the shower drain and learned that the pipe was never hooked up at all. Good thing we caught it before we took a shower. Then, as my daughter was using the kitchen sink, the faucet fell off. The bathroom medicine cabinet was installed upside down. The driver and passenger seats are stuffed into the cab so tightly that you cannot access the map pockets in the door with the doors closed. The radio touch screen quit working, and the GPS was so unreliable I quit using it after one time. The radio comes on when you use the turn signal, then turns off. After 3 months the cabin door quit opening all the way, it'll open a little, then you have to muscle it the rest of the way. I could go on, but I'll stop here. The sad part is, I would have laughed off most of these issues and just fixed them if this was a used RV. Fact is, this was a BRAND NEW RV right off the lot. These problems should have been prevented and/or caught and fixed before it ever left the line. We thought Jayco still made top of the line RV's. Not anymore. I may buy a pre-2007 Jayco, but I would never buy a new one again. I would also like to add that while Jayco customer service was terrible, our RV dealer (Whitehorse RV) has been wonderful. They have fixed every issue in a timely manner, and with no run-around.
- Jennifer Dickinson, New Jersey