Jayco Reviews on RV Insider (781)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Jayco RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Rex Rexach from Florida says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2016 Jayco Precept 35UN View Listings

Worst investment ever. My wife and I like it, we use it for a week in December. The main slde leaks its been in the dealer since January. Now the dealer said its a manufature problem and they can not fixe it. Call Jayco several times ,Im still waiting for an answer from them. This a brand new 2016 Jayco Precept in limbo, but im still making payments and storage fees. My advice stay away.... far away from this company and Tampa RVs. The service and sales are terrible. Dont fall for sale piches and 2 year waranty. The 2 year warranty dont mean a thing, much less the service.
- Rex Rexach, Florida

2020-09-22 2016 Jayco Jay Flight SLX 264BHW View Listings

Here is the good. Overall we love our camper. It is the right size for our family. We like the latout. It was easy to travel with it. We currently have it at a seasonal campsite. This is our third camper. Here is the bad. A month after we purchased our camper my husband noticed the frame bolts were all loose, he had to tighten.Then 3-4 months after purchase circuit board for the converter stopped working. Then about 9 months in the water heater stopped working. Two years later roof was leaking. After investigating the leak we discovered the air conditioner wasn't tightened down. The leak was coming from the antana. We also discovered the bolts holding down the antana were stripped. We also found where the wires come up through the floor they never caulked. Any slithery thing could have gotten in. Sorry to say, we will not ever buy from Jayco ever again. It is obvious that the workers don't care about quality workmanship. Quanity not quality.
- Judith Kutt, Pennsylvania

2020-09-21 2012 Jayco Embark QX390 View Listings

I regret buying it. The big slide malfunction the 1st year and the dealership was unable to repair it. They damaged the top seal over the left front slide and it's leaked water ever since. The fiberglass enclosure over the cab rattled loose allowing rain to pour in on the highway into your lap. The screws rattled out of the trim pieces fixing the front cab fiberglass shell to the body of the camper. You can imagine how disconcerting it is to look out the window and realize an aluminum piece of trim is hanging 4' off into your neighbor's lane as you cruise down the highway. In fairness to Jayco there's still a lot of value in this RV. It was a $180000 as opposed to the equivalent Dyna Max being 260000. One last complaint, I think they didn't finish mine properly. In the summer time the interior temperatures on the highway get extremely high. With the generator running and both air conditioners it'll be 95゚ in the RV. If you park and let it sit it'll drop into the low eighties in a few minutes. On a really hot day parked in the Sun at a campsite it will stay in the low seventies which is wonderful. But on the highway Everybody is going to roast Except for the driver. One issue that is my fault is a hailstorm damaged the skylight over the shower. I didn't notice it for a year and water damaged a huge area of the ceiling. I had my own botanical green mold garden growing in the insulation. That makes it pretty hard to resell it. Any questions email me. bobbyrjacobs1@gmail.com
- Bobby Jacobs, Oklahoma

2020-09-21 2019 Jayco Jay Flight SLX View Listings

We have owned this RV since 2019. The floor plan in this RV is Good. I had a Leak inside the RV and I took to ORLANDO RV in Casselberry Florida 5 Months a go and they never fix. This has been a truly disappointment experience. Now they want me take the RV home with out fix and bring back another time. this is the email They send me this email below after 5 months my RV are there to fix: Tracey Palmer <t.palmer@rvone.com> Sat 9/19/2020 2:08 PM To: Ashlynn Straughan Cc: CLAYTON.BEZERRA@OUTLOOK.COM Mr. Bezerra stated he will be picking up his unit tomorrow. He is aware that Jayco has denied the claims for approval. I told him if he gets an actual approval from Jayco we can schedule him back in for service repairs. He is also aware of the storage fees at our facility. I am emailing you so we all our on the same page. Thank you! Thank you, Tracey A. Palmer Service Advisor Orlando RV ONE STAYING COVID SAFE 2020!! ------------------------- Office# (407) 409-7707 EXT#1422 FAX# (321-972-3976) Web: RVOne.com Video: youtube.com/RVOneSuperstores Buyer beware
- Cleiton Bezerra, Florida

2020-09-21 2018 Jayco Eagle HT 27.5RLTS View Listings

We have been RVing for over 20 years, having owned 5th wheels and a diesel pusher. We did exhaustive research before buying this Jayco Eagle HT from Richardson's RV, our local Jayco dealer. The sales process was excellent, as we dealt only with the internet sales associate. The unit itself was delivered to us in good shape, and it was evident that the dealer did their job getting the coach ready for a new owner. As expected, there were many items over the next 2 years that were covered under warranty, only one of which caused us not to be able to use the trailer- faulty wiring installed by the factory on a slide-out. since we couldn't travel, the factory stepped in to allow a local repair shop to do the work, with a substantial delay in getting parts from Indiana. All the other items were dealt with until enough failures were collected to make the 3 week dealer backlog worth a trip in for warranty work. Shoddy installation of tension style window shades mounted to foam!Leaky bedroom window mounting; poorly installed wiring to the converter; poorly installed entry door did not fit opening; cheap cabinet door hinge gave way under normal use; exterior cabinet door fell apart due to poor construction; extremely cheap front cap material and paint has faded and looks 20 years old already, to name a few of the major items. The industry has no standards, and few regulations, and works hard to get what little laws that favor the consumer reversed! It is a total buyer beware industry, where honesty and loyalty to customers is frowned upon. Manufacturers and dealers collude to create a monopolistic culture of greed and deceit. Overall, we feel lucky things were not worse, and that we were able to use the RV as expected, if not how it was portrayed by the industry. We would consider Jayco products again, but only if we obtained a seriously good deal to compensate for the below standard construction that is prevalent in the RV Industry today!
- Steve, Riverside, California

2020-09-20 2020 Jayco Alante 29F View Listings

We purchased our 2020 Jayco Alante in June. Our coach has the new V-8 engine. Since June, our Rv has been in the Ford Service Station 4 times for the same problem. The engine light has been "on" since day one. Apparently, the wires of the spark plugs are defected. After complaining to Ford and opening a file. Ford finally replaced all 8 spark plugs and 6 of the wires. The warranty would only approve 6 wires. We are now traveling to Chicago from Florida and the engine is running terrible. misfiring and screeching loud noises. We are so fed up . And to make matters worse, the shower is leaking really bad. Water coming out the bottom. Upper bunk is loose, and a few minor problems not worth to mention. We love our RV but hate all the problems.
- Yvonne Rodriguez, Florida

2020-09-20 2019 Jayco Jay Flight 28BHS View Listings

We selected the Jayco based on my wifes family past experience (long ago) w/ that brand. Lets just say the Jayco is a piece of junk w/ poor workmanship. We paid $35k for it and were sorry ever since. When we picked it up a lock on the exterior door jammed and the key got stuck on the lot. I went and found someone and the first thing they said that's not under warranty. I responded then give me my money back and take the trailer. Of course the salesman didn't like that; so after an hour they took another lock from another unit and fixed it. That's after I would not accept a lock with a different key. 5 miles into the trip the front weatherstripping came off, had to road fix it. We proceeded to use the trailer multiple times since we camp a lot. Well I will list the things that went wrong: Shower door assembly kept on coming apart, sliding door to front bedroom came off for lack of screws, those screws got caught under the slide and tore the vinyl floor, window at kitchen stuck, window in slide kept on opening during transport (they never fixed this), storage compartment door warped and never fit right even after multiple tries by dealer, had a dent from the factory in the front diamond plate. After owning for 1 year and 8 months the trailer was in for repairs after every trip. We wanted to travel w/ it but were afraid it would fall apart. We ended up selling the trailer in 2020 finally; at the time of sale it had no issues. The biggest punch in the gut was that we lost $10k in depreciation. That sucks. The floor plan was great; it looks nice but what a piece of crap that cost a lot. You would think these manufactures would just slow down a little an actually try to make a better unit. I mean they have to pay the dealer to fix it every-time. What a colossal waste of time for owner and dealer. Our 1991 Salem trailer we had before was great; now we are looking at other trailers to buy used but all of the reviews on them are just as bad as mine. IDK what were are going to get but will do lots of research before.
- Tim, California

2020-09-19 2019 Jayco Jay Flight 28BHBE View Listings

New 2019 28BHBE the overall aspect is great. The quality i am very disappointed many things look nice but they are built poorly. First of all to save time they only put calking on the top of doors and windows none around the windows and door small fix but warranty 30 days. Bed is poorly designed masonite finish is just staples loosely and bed broke within 2 months. All these little things that break ar not part of warranty like a car. Her in Canada car dealers provide a 1 year bumper to bumber. Maybe I am wrong and its leisuredays Gatineau that offers poor service. I purchased this July 28th 2020 and many things broke within months.
- Stephane Noreau, Quebec

2020-09-18 2016 Jayco Jay Flight SLX 267BHSW View Listings

Great Family RV. Lots of space and storage. Layout is spacious. Double bunks are spacious for young and old. Bathroom vanity outside of bathroom making it usable when bath is occupied. Solid floor unlike other units I've been in that feel spongy. Tows great!
- Steve Karakula, Michigan

2020-09-17 2010 Jayco Melbourne 29D View Listings

We purchased this RV in 2012 from the original owner, never smoked in. We previously had a 38ft with 2 slides but since we were down sizing held out for a 3 slide coach. We are glad we did. The 3rd slide makes all the difference on livability. The quality of the Melbourne is much better than the cheaper coaches, the Ford V10 has plenty of horses and is called bullet proof by the reviews.
- jack.ingle@yahoo.com, Virginia

2020-09-16 2020 Jayco Jay Flight 24RBS View Listings

camper purchased May 2020 have gone camping three times has been back for warranty work four times this is my third time camping and having one issue after the other I'm sick and tired of it problems refrigerator broken dream with the leak going across the floor slide was not going working properly and circuit breaker issues
- scpyle61@gmail.com, Georgia

2020-09-16 2010 Jayco Jay Feather EXP 23B View Listings

We purchased this model camper as it was decent sized, but yet relatively light and could pull it with a smaller truck. With the Hybrid pop out queen beds on each end it really feels quite large inside with out the extra length and weight. We had two young children and it was perfect size. When it rained there was plenty of room for everyone to stretch out and play board games or watch a movie at night.
- Chris B, Michigan

2020-09-15 2019 Jayco Eagle 317RLOK View Listings

Good quality very roomy inside no mechanical issues Tows nicely behind Ford F250 super duty auto leveling system works perfect no more that cranking up and down manually Has a very nice kitchen island with sink and electrical hook ups throughout seats are very comfortable to sit in as is the mattress for the king size bed
- David, California

2020-09-14 2016 Jayco Precept 31UL View Listings

We found this RV to be very "homelike,' comfortable with more than adequate storage. Especially like the separate toilet/vanity and shower. The only reason we are selling is for health issues--two back surgeries soon after purchasing this home new. Especially appreciate the spectacular view this home affords. You can see everything while you ride.
- lgshelton0403, Mississippi

2020-09-11 2020 Jayco Jay Feather 25RB View Listings

Purchased 3/2020. So far I have had to replace a faulty toilet ($500),a refrigerator door handle, ($68), and a glide on 1 kitchen drawer ($12). Now there is recall for faulty wiring. I live in my trailer full time but they are insisting I have to take it in and leave it at a dealership for who knows how many days. I asked them if they has authorized mobile repair because I would have no place to stay. The very rude customer service person, April, said no and that I would have to take it in. Terrible customer service with absolutely no attempt to make any sort of accommodation. I spent $35,000 on a trailer that is literally falling apart after 6 months. Don't buy Jayco. They look pretty but aren't built to last.... even 6 months.
- Kate, California

2020-09-09 2015 Jayco White Hawk 27DSRL View Listings

Overall experience has been great with one exception. We special ordered this camper with faux leather furniture. Mistake! About 3 years in the upholstery started separating. Have had to buy both chairs and loveseat to replace old. Dinette has a some in it too so we are in process of have it recovered. Other than that we love the camper.
- Leslie Scott, Mississippi

2020-09-08 2020 Jayco Eagle HT 28.5RSTS View Listings

I have owned 3 Jayco products over the past few years and recently purchased a 2020 Jayco HT 5th wheel and have never been so disappointed and disgusted with a camper.  The quality control at Jayco seems to be non existent.  I have owned the trailer for less than 3 months and have had over 20 issues with the unit from unconnected wires (from the factory) to several slide failures, awning malfunctions, battery cables flying off, bathroom fan fell out of roof, stereo unoperable and so on.  In reviewing recent BBB ratings I see a 1 star generous rating over the past few years and nothing but complaint after complaint.  In contacting Jayco customer service nothing but lip service and even that is bad. A not proud Jayco or should I say Junko owner (probably not for long)
- Ed, Saskatchewan

2020-09-06 2019 Jayco Jay Flight SLX 8 294QBS View Listings

I have owned this RV since 2/2019. Overall quality is low but gets the job done. Water always drips out from the shower no matter if you are leveled. Master bedroom is very tight to move around in. TV mount is awkwardly mounted to the side of the bed instead of the wall directly in front of the bed. Outdoor kitchen is nice but Had trouble with sink connections since they were on a 90. Took out and made straight connections on pipes. Outdoor fridge is good. Outdoor stove too small. Queen bed base is for maybe about 200 lbs. not for an average size man. Had to reinforce the bed base with 2x4’s. Awning started acting up on one side. Have to push it out so it can engage. Dirt comes Inside from all windows. Weatherstrip is very cheap on all doors. Screen door always gets stuck closed. I put about 80 lbs on the rear bumper with Hitch receiver and looks like welds are over stressing. No ladder to get to roof. Goodyear tires are a plus. Bunks are nice. Mattresses are very thin including queen bed. indoor stove never worked. Range and oven work good. Overall it gets the job done. worth maybe 15k brand new in my opinion.
- Raul Macias, New Mexico

2020-09-06 2020 Jayco North Point 377RLBH View Listings

Similar to another evaluation I just saw; This RV has had several leaks. Still experiencing leaks - I took possession of the RV in May 2020. Mostly due to poor workmanship at assembly. Chair in dining room fell apart due to improper screw length use. Window blind stopped working had to be replaced. The most serious issue (for me) is the furnace. The fan kicks in, but the gas burner fails to ignite. Hence, the fan stops. The service man opened the furnace cover and felt that he discovered the issues - poor connection at a multi-connector on the control PC board. However, the situation is getting worst. Now, I unplug and plug-in the connector as the service man did, but that is only good for one ignition. After the furnace reaches set temperature, and then tries to re-ignite again to maintain the set temperature, the furnace fails to ignite - until I "re-set" it again. Doing it at 4 am with outdoor temps in the 40's is no fun and getting old fast. JAYCO should investigate their assembly and quality check procedures, as well as their furnace supplier component quality, etc.. to avoid loosing reputation altogether. Not so happy customer, HELP!
- Frank Kay, Michigan

2020-09-06 2012 Jayco Jay Flight 32BHDS View Listings

The floorplan with bunkhouse in this RV is EXCELLENT for family camping. Bad weather days were never a problem - the kids had their own playroom, equipped with their own entertainment center with TV, DVD, and game systems. The sliding door to the bunkhouse keeps the noise level in the rest of the camper excellent for the rest of the family. Plenty of room for everyone. The second exterior entry door is a blessing at the beach, from the pool, or when popping in from the outdoor kitchen.
- Chad, Florida

2020-09-05 2021 Jayco Greyhawk 30Z View Listings

Purchased from See Grins RV Dealership in Gilroy, CA 7/7/20. Picked up. 7/9/20. We bought it with 2233 miles on the engine. We loved the floor plan. It really worked for us. We loved the queen bed in back. It was almost a full sized queen. We loved the fireplace. We loved the luxury feel of this Jayco. However, we initially started having problems with the RV during our first trip on 7/11/20 when all of the cameras malfunctioned and the whole leveling system malfunctioned. We had less than 2500 miles on the engine at that time. Returned for repairs on: 7/17/20 1. Malfunction with manual and auto leveling system. 2. Malfunction with side cameras and rear cameras. Picked up RV on 7/20/20. Days use lost (4) Returned for repairs again: 7/22/20 after noticing Leak in Black Water Tank. Turned out to be quite extensive and took16 days. Picked up on 8/6/20. Total days use lost (20) 8/18/20-8/21/20 (Trip to Arizona) On our trip we noticed the Black Water Tank starts to empty slowly when handle is pulled to empty. Also noticed that the sensor seems to be functioning improperly - often showing that the black water tank is 2/3 full even though we’ve only used it a few times. *We planned on taking the RV back into different RV Dealership for repairs upon conclusion of our AZ trip. However, a major engine malfunction happened on the 8/21/20. On our trip coming back from Arizona on 8/21/20 the “Service Traction Control” light came on twice. Once in Blythe, and we pulled over for gas. When we turned the engine back on, it was corrected (it was off). Around Pasadena, the “Service Traction Control” light came on again and we were not able to use Cruise Control. We pulled off, turned off the engine and consulted with the manual and looked at online resources. All of the resources stated that there was no indication that there was anything critical happening. And we were not going to be met with any adverse weather conditions. It turned off near Pasadena and did not come back on again. We planned on getting it checked when we got back home at a Ford Dealership. On 8/21/20 at approximately 1830 hours we lost the Power Steering on I-5N at bottom of grade. We were in a VERY unsafe location to stop so husband tried to “Muscle” it as far as we could. I was calling AAA and they were not willing to tow us because we were too far and due to COVID, they are also unable to provide a ride for us and our daughter in law and 8 year old grandson who were with us. Husband tried to go as far as he could going around 45mph because we knew that it was extremely far for relatives to come get us. Then around 2000 hours we lost brakes (mostly) near Hwy 119 at Taft. Husband had to pull off. It was way too dangerous to continue. My grandson and my daughter in law were already strapped in with seatbelts, but I grabbed every pillow I could to pack around my grandson at this point. We were terrified. Husband was able to pull off and stop. Looked around in all the paperwork and found Jayco Tow number as AAA was still unwilling to tow us. Called for tow that came at midnight on 8/22/20. Towed to storage yard until Monday. RV towed to Jim Burke Ford dealership in Bakersfield California on Monday at 8/24/20. Received a call from representative from Jim Burke Ford on Friday, 8/28/20. The service representative said that he drove the RV on the lot and he said that the failure is the power steering pump. And there is definitely something wrong with the brakes. Was contacted a few days later and said that the part is very hard to get and not expected to get it until 10/9/20. And then they can work on it. Then after that they can check the brakes. Then after that, they can check the traction control. We will be without our BRAND NEW Jayco RV for TWO MONTHS for these repairs. And it is 4 hours away from our home. Ford Warranty, Jayco Warranty, and the Dealership are not making this right with us. We are getting the runaround. We are without an RV. Very unfair situation. Can you say LEMON?!
- Robyn Rodriguez, California

2020-09-05 2019 Jayco Melbourne 24L View Listings

We LOVE ours!!!! 16,000 miles in and NO problems! Runs great! 5 of us on it and sleep well. Of course wish more under storage but plenty of room for everything needed for a 4,000 mile trip. We couldn’t be happier!
- Mickey, Colorado

2020-09-03 2019 Jayco Jay Flight 28BHBE View Listings

My Jayco Jay Flight seemed to have a cheaply made interior as there were a lot of cosmetic issues. Also, the 2 year warranty was good until I decided to sell the RV trailer after less than a year. Jayco warranties are non-transferrable. Jayco either stands by their products for 2 years or they don’t. What difference does it make if I own it or a 2nd owner owns it. 2 years is 2 years. If I sold any car with under 3 years and under 36,000 miles...it would still be under warranty. Trash warranty.
- Matthew Marquez, New Mexico

2020-09-03 2020 Jayco Eagle 332CBOK View Listings

First I would like to start off by saying that I would consider us as being loyal Jayco owners. Having bought four brand new rv's from them totaling over $150,000.( We have had two Jayco Designer fifth wheels, one Pinnacle and now an Eagle travel trailer.) The Designers and the Pinnacle seemed to be of good quality. Which is why we decided to go with the Eagle TT. Except on the Pinnacle we had a slide-out issue which failed after three years. Naturally out of warranty. We called Jayco and also the slide-out manufacturer Schwintec. Who both denied that there were any issues with the slide-out mechanism. So we fixed it as best as we could to get it to work again. Don't buy anything that has a Schwintec slide on it, they are junk. Well what did we do , we bought another Jayco product with Schwintec slides. Yes we are stupid. But they had the nicest travel trailer for us. We bought the trailer in November 2019 and covered it for winter. In May 2020 we were prepping the trailer for the upcoming season. The trailer never left the driveway and the hot water tank was leaking and shorted out the electrode almost causing a fire. We lost two weeks of camping due to the trailer being at the dealer to be fixed. Next trip out, guess what failed us. The Schwintec slide-out. We had to have a stranger help us push the slide in because the motors would not run the slide in or out. Remember this is a brand new trailer. Next issue is the other slide-out (which is not a schwintec)does not extend fully so there is a big hump in the floor where the slide should be flush. Other issues include no latch on the residential refrigerator doors, which open during travel and the shelves don't stay in place. Stupid design having a big heavy refrigerator at the back of the trailer where all the motion is and one other thing the auto leveling always sends a fault code saying out of stroke. This is a nicely decorated trailer in modern farmhouse but the quality is just not there. No trim on the floor where you can see gaps where wall and floor meet, carpet is cheap, washer/dryer hookups are so hard to get to and machine is not stabile enough where it is placed. I feel that this trailer should be considered a lemon due to the issues that have happened already. Contacted Jayco two seperate times and still have not received a call back. This will be our last Jayco product.
- Denise Brown, Pennsylvania

2020-09-03 2020 Jayco Alante 29F View Listings

my vehicle had been more in service than I have it and I still not able to go Camping. Just recently it did expend more than 2 months in the shop.Must techs did not know the problems with the Camera, TV and radio programing and reception,Awning,Flood light out and not LED, hood locks, grill replace, rear camera replace twice, mirror cameras fix,rear right rear light replaced etc.
- Dennis Rodriguez Esteban, Florida