Jayco RVs Reviews on RV Insider (626)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Jayco RVs Reviews and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of these RVs.

Rex Rexach from Florida says:

Have you owned any Jayco RVs? Write a review

Voted Most Helpful Review 2016 Jayco Precept 35UN View Listings

Worst investment ever. My wife and I like it, we use it for a week in December. The main slde leaks its been in the dealer since January. Now the dealer said its a manufature problem and they can not fixe it. Call Jayco several times ,Im still waiting for an answer from them. This a brand new 2016 Jayco Precept in limbo, but im still making payments and storage fees. My advice stay away.... far away from this company and Tampa RVs. The service and sales are terrible. Dont fall for sale piches and 2 year waranty. The 2 year warranty dont mean a thing, much less the service.
- Rex Rexach, Florida

2020-01-16 2016 Jayco Alante 26AX View Listings

For only being total 28ft long the livability is very friendly. The sleeping accommodations for 4 adults, one being a queen size drop down bed and the other being a slide out bedroom with a queen size bed and 2 children are perfectly situated for maximum privacy. The features found on this coach are usually only found on much larger more expensive coaches. Simple things like a glass shower door and more elaborate amenities such as a solid one piece fiberglass roof, 2 roof mounted air conditioners, 3 flat screen tvs , including one in an outdoor entertainment center. Large one piece windshield and the J ride upgraded suspension makes this coach easy to control and very comfortable for long drives. This unit comes with a tow dolly and the rear view camera makes towing your car both simple and safe. This coach is like new you must see it to believe it.
- Joseph Miller, Louisiana

2020-01-15 2017 Jayco Alante 31V View Listings

This is a very livable Motorhome with lots of storage space both inside and out. Plenty of storage in the bedroom with 12 drawers and two large closets. A large pantry in the kitchen with overhead cabinets plus the lower cabinets provides great storage for your groceries and cooking and eating utensils. The LED lighting throughout provides a bright atmosphere and does not add much to the electrical load. It looks sharp moving down the road and drives like a dream. It is the 4th Class A motorhome I have owned and by far the most comfortable to drive because of the exclusive Jayco J ride Suspension. There is minimal sway from passing trucks and quick, positive steering keeps it steady in the driving lane. It has a short turning radius for easy maneuvering in the campground or city streets. The full length awning makes sitting outside a pleasure, especially while watching the outside TV. Meal preparation is very easy with the spacious counter and proximity of the stove, refrigerator, and sink. I have added an additional grab bar on the left side of the door for added safety and ease of entering and exiting for someone that may have physical limitations. Traveling with extra people is no problem with the drop down bunk in the cockpit area. This easily accommodates two adults. The dinette will make into a bed for another adult or two children. With the slideouts deployed you don't feel like you are constantly bumping into one another. The addition of the electric recliner sofa makes watching the opposite wall mounted TV a comfortable occasion. This sofa can also be used as a bed for two adults. The automatic hydraulic leveling system makes setting up in a campground very quick and easy. The only things left are the utility hookups and you are ready to enjoy life. All in all, this is a very comfortable RV and the only reason I am selling it is my age and health issues. Otherwise you would be passing me on some highway here in the U.S.
- Robert Geesler, Florida

2020-01-13 2019 Jayco White Hawk 23MRB View Listings

We have truly enjoyed this travel trailer, floorplan and flexibility for quick setup & breakdown. Easy to pull, spacious interior & exterior storage, outdoor kitchen is perfect for spending more time outside. No complaints on quality of appliances, bath/shower.
- Manley, Texas

2020-01-13 2018 Jayco Precept 31UL View Listings

Drives like you are in a much smaller motorhome, very easy. Tracks straight down the road. On demand hot water is amazing. If you want to take a 15 min shower, no problem the temperature never varies at all. King bed is also a big plus. 50" retractable TV is including a sound bar and suborder.
- Jim Daniel, Idaho

2020-01-07 2015 Jayco Jay Feather X213 View Listings

We’ve towed our X213 1500 miles to upstate NY for Christmas and New Years for 4 years and experienced camping in snowy, -23F weather. (We had to use the stove top to heat up the thermostat to enable it to kick on as it didn’t like the cold and propane does freeze at these temps.) We’ve also driven 9800 miles via Route 66 to California, up the PCH and home I90 stopping at several National Parks along the way (114F in Texas, Arizona and New Mexico). We’ve been through 3 tow vehicles (07 Sequoia, 12 Armada, 15 Sequoia) and also towed with a 17 Tacoma and 00 Land Cruiser. Our family of 5 plus K9 has very much enjoyed the Jayco x213. It is nimble, handles well and having the Canadien insulation + hard sided, king-bed extension it has kept us feeling comfortable in all kinds of weather. For how we’ve used this camper, it’s been fantastic! I’m very pleased we went with a smaller overall package instead of getting a huge TT.
- MichaelB, Michigan

2020-01-07 2017 Jayco Melbourne 24M View Listings

Great driving and riding Mercedes Striker chassis & diesel engine. Really enjoyed the RV and very comfortable. Hate to let it go, but health issues dictate. It will definitely make someone happy. Rte. 66 Extended Warranty is a plus. Many initial bugs readily fixed by them; e.g. backup camera replaced; kitchen faucet replaced; hot water control board replaced. None of the replacements were issues during travels, and were preventative before outages. This RV was our friend!
- Randy, Idaho

2020-01-03 2017 Jayco Alante 26X View Listings

Perfect size for a couple to travel Also grand kids come along and use The bunk above the cab as well as dinette and sofa we travel with a towed car and it's works great the coach is like new inside and out all the conveniences of a large coach without the expense it's been wonderful
- wgtemplin, Florida

2020-01-03 2018 Jayco Jay Flight SLX 232RB View Listings

We looked at many trailers prior to our purchase. Our plan is to travel across Canada when my wife retires in 2020 & thought this unit would be a good fit. Price point was competive, quality is comparative to other Jayco trailers & competitors . Lay out is good and is comfortable for the two of us. Our experience is if there more than 3 people inside at any given time, too crowded. The only main issue I have is with the cuboards on both sides of the main bed. The area is tight and makes getting into the bed a little uncomfortable & hazardous. The corners are not rounded, but squared. I have been injured on several occasions. This is a safety concern & We have not seen any changes on the newer models. That design needs to be adjusted! Minor warranty problems, but resoloved. This trailer is a must on your list if your looking for a sound unit. Good luck with picking your Kind Regards, Brian Kirk
- Brian, Ontario

2019-12-29 2019 Jayco Jay Feather 23RB View Listings

Update. My unit has been at the dealership since October 28,2019. I bought on August 27, 2019. Yep roughly 2 months after purchase. We can now add a leaking transition seal on the roof leading to a 85% moisture content in floor, as well as soft and spongy, 78% in both walls and 72% in the ceiling. Jayco will only pay to pull back vinyl floor and use fans to dry. Not sure how that is going to dry the walls, ceiling or roof. This repair just started on December 23,2019. Anyone in construction knows damage is irreversible this far along. Moisture readings were done on November 7, 2019. 6 weeks later and know we try to dry it out. Jayco must be run by dumbass inbreads to think anyone would be stupid enough to believe this repair will be sufficient to properly address the damage. Oh well lawyer's will figure it out. In the meantime be on the lookout for my rebranded coach; The Jaylemon. Everyone needs to remeber these units are rolling billboards. Custom vinyl wraps and lettering is rather cheap. Rather than just advertise their name and model let us all advertise their poor quality and poor customer service.
- Steven Meyer, Illinois

2019-12-16 2003 Jayco Firenza 36B View Listings

First thing, the coach I bought doesn't even exist in the drop down, bad indication. It is not a Firenza but an Avatar. I bought this 2003 Jayco Avatar used in 2018. Great coach. First thing to fail was the Battery control center. There is no manfacturer or part number indicated on the thing. So I call the company asking for their help. They couldn't find the part, so they ask me to send pictures of the part to parts@jayco.com. In the e-mail I ask them for a part reference or the original manufacturer of the part. They send back a response indicating that this unit is discontinued and no parts available. I return a response asking for their help in finding the original manufacturer of the part. They respond by saying "we don't know". Talk about poor service. Don't ever buy a driveable RV from these guys! My previous coach was a 1991 Monaco Dynasty. I can call and get help or parts whenever I want. These guys literally suck. They don't care for their customers which is a very bad sign! Stay away!
- Yves, Quebec

2019-12-13 2018 Jayco Alante 26X View Listings

I owned this mobilehome at February 2018! Non-stop problems go for repairs for more than 20x! Never got used for one time without problems..! 1, the window broke! 2, the Engine battery broken down repairs 3x! 3, the generator battery are broken down repairs 2x! 4, The stairs broke repairs 3x 5, the toilet leaks repair 1x 6, the window leak repair for the new windows ! 7, the wall paper are issued needs repairs at soon ! 8, the awning broke repair 1x 9, the window curtains come down when I moved the RV! 10, the drawers come down too when I moved ! 11, At the passenger side under the desk is Leaks! And still don’t know where the leaks come from needs repair at soon! 12, the heaters are broken and on the #4x repairs! 13, the shower doors are leaks repair 1x 14, the outdoor TV wall repair 1x! That’s what I can remember for now! At the 22 months drive to the RV shop for the repairs more than 20 times! Almost half time sitting at the RV shop for repairs and I am still can’t use the RV at all.. never can use for ones!!!!! now I am at the campground and No hate because the same s*** happens again and again... nonstop problems!! I called the RV shop and jayco Company asked them how you expected me to pay for 100K for the RV and never got to use ones! And asked them what else do you want me to do with this crap!! One guy who’s working for jayco he said you still can use the RV and just wait for the repairs!!! I said to him do you know NY? Do you know is snowing here right now? Do you know is under the degrees is under the 30’? You saying I still can use the RV without the heat? I asked him do you know what are you talking about? Then he’s being asshole told me he didn’t understand what I am talking about and he asked me to Speak English!! I Said to him off course you don’t understand me now because you guys trying to do nothing for me! And I told him I am speak English right now and how about if you don’t understand me then just hand over the phone to someone else at the office and no response to being Asshole! Then the guy who’s taking over the phone call he’s name’s Jay. I asked him do you understand my English? He said YES and perfectly understand everything what I asked him!! That’s what kind of Type Of called Jayco service? NO ..no respected !! That’s what is the Jayco makes of produces? Who’s else wants the Jayco makes!!
- Wong kin, New York

2019-12-12 2019 Jayco Eagle HT 28.5RSTS View Listings

I have 28.5 HD eagle the interior design I think is outstanding all the features are in the right places the lighting is outstanding the ride is fine I have no no problem with how it rides i’ve had some issues that are troublesome the bedroom slide has a cord the power cord Falls down below the paneling and when you try to close the slide it pinches the electrical cord this is to me A fire hazard and also a safety issue when you try to put it up so When you try to put it up so I won’t get pinched you could end up getting your fingers pinched I think you folks are right I’ve built a very usable fifth wheel just have to work on the quality thank you David
- David Gladding, California

2019-12-12 2018 Jayco Greyhawk 26Y View Listings

Purchased June 30 2018. Over the next 8 months little things went bad. Vibrations and driveline noises, and lots of trim issues caused by poor assembly. Ford dealer fixed the vibration and driveline noises in half a day. Jayco dealer had it for the next three months. They got no help from the factory. They replaced the entry door twice before they got one that fit so it didn’t leak. After having it back for 2 weeks the generator quit. Off to the dealer again. They fixed in a day. The next time I went to use it the refrigerator wouldn’t work. That was in middle of Nov. made appointment, now it’s still sitting at camping world waiting to get fixed.
- Mark, Arizona

2019-12-11 2007 Jayco Greyhawk 31SS View Listings

2007 JAYCO GREYHAWK 31SS LARGE INTERIOR / FORD V10 SUPER DUTY LOW MILES 020000 - RUNS DRIVE GREAT - SHINE FIBERGLASS YOU CAN SEE ON THE PHOTO - VERY CLEAN RV. NOT HAVE BAD SMELL FOOD, MOLD, PETS, SMOKE ..... - ROOF AC , WATER PUMP, WATER HEATER - FRONT DASH AC, RANGE OVEN , REFRIGERATOR AC AND PROPANE MODE ,MICROWAVE, ALL LIGHTS WORKING FINE. - GENERATOR ONAN 4000 - HOME THEATER SURROND SOUND SUB WOOFER SYSTEM / ROOF SPEAKERS - GOOD TIRES - NEW AUX 2 CYCLE BATTERY - NEW WIPER BLADES - NEW INTERIOR LED LIGHTS BULB - NEW BED SET - 4 PILLOW - NEW ANDROID RADIO INTERNET SUPPORT TO CONNECT ANY WIFI HOTSPOTS, BLUETOOTH MUSIC PHONE , STEREO SUPPORTS TO DOWNLOAD MOST VIDEO AND MUSIC APPS FRON THE STORE, IT IS EASY FOR YOU TO WATCH MOVIES OR ENJOY YOUR MUSICS ONLINE OR USB FLASH/ SUPORT MIRROR LINK FOR iPhone & ANDROID SMARTPHONES …… - REAR CAMERA
- carolyn, Florida

2019-12-05 2019 Jayco Eagle HT 28.5RSTS View Listings

Size and compactness is very good interior is beautiful and the rooming list is outstanding issues I’ve had with it is that the electrical cord drops down from the top of the slide of the bedroom slide and and when you try to close it it will pinch between the frame and the slide it’s very unsafe and a fire hazard I feel and I am still very concerned about it on our shakedown show one of the gentleman sat in our chair and the screws Came out and he ended up on the floor embarrassing
- David Gladding, California

2019-12-03 2019 Jayco Greyhawk Prestige 29MVP View Listings

This is my second RV and have made great memories in it some good as well as some being bad. I will start off with what i like about this model then work my way to the nitty gritty. So lets get started I took the RV to get fully inspected before a trip my family and I wanted to go on and they came back with some bad news, my black water tank was being punctured by a bolt of the chassis. So they told me to call the dealer to get it fixed because it’s a manufacturer error and should be covered even passed warranty which had unluckily just passed, but they still took care of it lucky for me. When this was happening I told them about an issue i was having with one of my jacks randomly coming down while i drove (happened off and on since i got the RV, first trip we took we had to call them cause it had come down and had no idea what to do). They fixed that right away too. That’s why i have given a 5 star there. The layout of the RV is what made us WANT this model more then anything, everything is well placed and when the slide-outs are extended there is plenty of room for us and our 3 dogs (yea i meant to put 3). Now to wrap it up the bad in consecutive, I swear i find a screw to something every time i sweep the floor, the wood used on some parts of the RV feels way too flimsy, and last thing i can think of my door swung open so the stairs went down WHILE DRIVING, is there not a safety mechanism in place to prevent that? Yea I should’ve secured my door but the door was fine but no had to pull over and shut it so my dog didn’t jump out and I unfortunately hit something now they don’t fully collapse. I don’t know if something was missed in the warranty work because on the bill they fixed the stairs too and before that i swear the mechanism work everytime I turned on the car but eh I just keep finding little quality issues and that’s why it’s so low. Hopefully can trade it in for a gem and not a lemon but gotta convince the wife, wish me luck as i do to anyone who reads this.
- Jordan, Arizona

2019-12-01 2018 Jayco Alante 31V View Listings

Purchased in March of 2019, retired,wife and I were to fulltime travel. Well she passed away and I'm carrying on. Clearly unsafe to drive. Trucks, RV's and similar sized vehicles just push me off the road, either direction. I have only put just 1200 miles on it since purchase in March of 2019. My dealer has done a "cheap"sway bar adjustment and bumped the tire pressures up. Shower stall is not square, water leaks to the floor, shower base is cracked, haven't been able to use shower in weeks. Floor has developed rust colored spots thru out the motorhome. My 3RD list goes on. Selling dealer has been very cooperative and really trying to get this thing fixed but at some point you have to throw in the ball. This is the 3rd and last time it goes into the shop. I have obtained professional advice and the 3rd time is the charm. Not correct this time the selling dealer, their salesman "gave false and misleading information" and Jayco will have hell to pay. As god is my witness this I promise.
- Christopher Torres, Nevada

2019-11-29 2006 Jayco Seneca HD 35GS View Listings

We have really enjoyed this RV. Our children and grandchildren have loved the camping and mainly traveling in our RV. It drives really smooth and has lots of power in the mountains. I am a grandma and I love driving her. We also pull a car and I feel very comfortable doing that. We have made many trips to Myrtle Beach and South Florida and also to Maine and Washington DC from Ohio and she is a nice, reliable ride. So nice to have a bathroom, kitchen, microwave and beds to enjoy trips. Love the Diesel engine and how high you sit as you are driving. You are up there with the other big truck drivers.
- Peggy Pursel, Ohio

2019-11-26 2018 Jayco Pinnacle 36FBTS View Listings

We sold our property and went full-time RV'ing for over 14,000 miles, almost a year. After 2 other RVs, including a smaller Grand Design 5th wheel (not four seasons) and a Tiffin Phaeton 40' motorhome. Loved the motorhome EXCEPT for the expense. This 39'9" Jayco Pinnacle 5th Wheel is VERY livable, plenty of storage, and the master bath and half bath at entry are very comfortable. YES, we had many small issues and before we set out to adventure and again when we returned for holidays, dealer was able to repair or replace all problems. I believe that all new RVs come from the factory with issues, so the key is a great dealer service department! Now that all problems have been resolved, this RV is solid and performs well. I would buy another Jayco, but would buy a used model that could prove regular maintenance and all warranty work complete. Like ours!
- Janelle Keirns, Colorado

2019-11-25 2006 Jayco Seneca ZX 35TM View Listings

Had really good luck with this rig, served me well for 13 years. Many things are better than my much higher priced class A. For example more storage, more ground clearance, more maneuverable, easier to drive and park. Very happy with it!
- Ryan Pain, California

2019-11-23 2018 Jayco Precept 31UL View Listings

Brand new 2018 precept 31ft. Precept. Right off the bat problems: The shower drain trap was installed backwards. Closet doors and trim falling off. Garmin doesn't work. Back up and side cameras didn't work. Toilet handle flusher broke off. Microwave/convection oven broke. Three safety recalls already issued. Televator was installed crooked and when it was lowered cut the wires. Turn indicator modulator had to be replaced. Kitchen sink seal leaked. Constantly finding more problems. It's been a nightmare, we will never purchase another Jayco.
- Edward, Washington

2019-11-21 2017 Jayco Eagle HT 27.5RLTS View Listings

It has been a great 5er. Only problem was refrigerator but Mfg. quickly replaced cooling unit and I just replaced LP gas regulator. Never any exterior water leaks,no plumbing leaks. After previously owning a class A, a class C, and a travel trailer, this is the most comfortable to pull ( sometimes I forget it is behind me) my tow vehicle is a 2016 2500 Gas. Very satisfied with unit.
- Ken Smith, South Carolina

2019-11-18 2018 Jayco Jay Sport 12UD View Listings

Bought the camper from Camper World in Georgetown, KY. On the first camping trip the awning broke and the front door would not close. The electric crank would not take the camper up. The second time out the refrigerator went out and the camper would not close completely. Camper World Georgetown,KY had it in their service department for two months. The third trip the right hand tire blew on the way to and from trip and the camper would not close. Called camper world and was assured blown tires were common and it was not unusual to have two blow on the same trip. The problem with the tires are they are twelve inches and work twice as hard as vehicle tires and the right side axle has the small gear heating the tires up until they blow. Shame on you Jayco for producing such a poor product. I definitely regret the purchase of the camper and buying from Camper World Georgetown, KY.
- Nicole , Ohio

2019-11-15 2016 Jayco Jay Flight SLX 195RB View Listings

We have ours for 3 years. Most things were minor like the seating I am a big guy and the bracing for the booth seating broke my wife is a small gal and hers were doing the same thing. I spent a day fixing this problem and now they are very sturdy should be built this way from the factory also heard from other Jayco owners this is a common issue. Also did the same with the bed just in case put a brace through the middle for support. Some things we added that should be built in when these are being built like air shocks for the bed to use the storage. We have had 2 leaks one came in where the Antenna is and the other is the door for the front storage. We re sealed with Silicone on the door and dicor caulking on the roof.
- Kenneth H, Missouri