Winnebago RVs Reviews on RV Insider (655)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Winnebago RVs Reviews and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of these RVs.

Art Davis from California says:

Have you owned any Winnebago RVs? Write a review

Voted Most Helpful Review 1999 Winnebago Rialta 22HD View Listings

The Winnebago Rialta motor home was built as an alternative to the larger Class A motor homes and the conversion vans. It has an aerodynamic design and a mere 20 feet 8 inches in length; making it exceptionally easy to maneuver. These RVs are sometimes referred to as Class C motor-homes, and sometimes as a B-Plus motor-homes depending on the style of the model. About 8,000 Rialta motorhomes were built by Winnebago from 1994 through 2005, but the use of the Volkswagen Rialta chassis was discontinued in 2003. If you're looking for a used Rialta motor home it can run you anywhere from from $20,000 to $50,000 depending on mileage and condition. With its 2.5L fuel injected Volkswagen gas engine and slick design it gets good fuel mileage and has a nice towing capacity. The Volkswagen Rialta has independent suspension, rack-and-pinion steering, and an antilock braking system. The interior of the rialta RV has all the comforts of home including many driver conveniences. Standard equipment includes cruise control, power windows, power mirrors, air conditioning and storage below the front seating area. The galley of the Winnebago Rialta has a flip-up counter extension, microwave oven, two burner range top stove, single door 3-way refrigerator, and a stainless steel sink. The bathroom is equally well equipped with cabinets, shower, sink, marine style toilet, towel bar, and a fold-down vanity shelf. Most Rialta motorhome models include entertainment centers with color TV, cable ready, and a CD player. There are also monitoring system panel for the holding tanks, LP levels, battery gauge, and a generator start switch and all the standard safety equipment. The Winnebago Rialta motor home is used for full time RVing, or long term RVing if you're looking for a small motorhome.
- Art Davis, California

2020-01-21 2018 Winnebago Vista LX 30T View Listings

Great handling RV with sufficient power to climb any mountain pass. The Vista LX 30T has an open floor plan, an easy to use buffet table with hidden tv, overhead bunk and long lasting full body paint. The 30T comes with a 5000 lb hitch and tows really easy.
- Greg, Oregon

2020-01-19 2018 Winnebago Winnie Drop 170S View Listings

The Winnebago Winnie Drop is the perfect size for a couple to explore the country and is easy to tow with the sway bars we bought. We get many double takes and many thumbs up because of the retro styling. It has a lot of storage under the bench seats and the closet in the bathroom fits a lot of clothing and extra storage also. We love the awning with LED lights and the stereo speakers inside and outside. We upgraded the TV to a larger smart TV and upgraded the mattress. It is our home away from home with all the conveniences.
- Sharon and Randy Fischer, Wisconsin

2020-01-18 2020 Winnebago Vita 24P View Listings

Just purchased 2020 Vita from Phoenix LaMesa RV, VIN 8BNPF4CC7JE158401. iT HAD 1708 MILES ON IT WHEN I picked it up. I drove home to California, some 350 miles. MPG were 10. I drove it between 55 and 75 mph. It is advertised as an 18 to 20 mpg. Why the losey mileage? It also would not go faster than 50 mph on slight hills.
- doug Uhler, California

2020-01-13 2014 Winnebago Vista 27N View Listings

Best RV we ever owned, packs so much into just 28feet means it is easy to drive and can fit into all the campgrounds. Inverter runs the TV's and outlets for coffee maker, blender etc. the storage space is huge and the 3 large slides make it so roomy
- Candace Hofstadter, Arizona

2020-01-12 2011 Winnebago Via 25R View Listings

I converted a 1963 GM Highway Coach (PD4106) to a motorhome. It gets 6 miles to the gallon. Too expensive to go on long trips. My wife and I gave the bus conversion to my son and bought the MB Sprinter-based Via, it averages about 15 miles per gallon so a trip to California costs a third of what it costs with the bus! We chose the Via 25R because it has enough storage, both inside, with a big closet, and outside with bays and the big compartment above the wet bay. Winnebago's quality is better than most, most things work as expected, but most of what breaks is because it is cheap plastic. The Via 25R floor plan gives lots of room, but we are selling it because it is not a four-season motorhome. It'll keep you warm in the winter, but you have to wait for a thaw to dump it, and when it got really cold the freshwater lines froze. The Sprinter is a joy to drive. However, remember that all those yellow diamond shape signs with the curve or the suggested speed limit you can ignore in a car, well, they are meant for you. Slow down, take it easy. The size of the Via at 25'6" and less than 8' wide, makes it easy to park. On the street in the city you need two spots, in a parking lot at the grocery you need two spots, but getting out is easy, just watch your mirrors. The kitchen is adequate, the sink is a bit small, but there is room for everything you might want to take along. Including food, the pantry is big enough, the overhead bins are big enough. We enjoyed over a week with our son, his wife and two kids. Two couples and two kids! Not bad for tiny little MH that gets 15 mpg!
- johngrootjr, Massachusetts

2020-01-12 2017 Winnebago Aspect 27K View Listings

Well built RV with a great floor plan. Roomy Bedroom with queen bed and large wardrobe slide. Has huge overhead storage in the bedroom as well. Great kitchen layout with quality appliances and everything you need to enjoy your meals in the coach. Fresh water and waste water system capacities are very adequate to boondock for 3-4 days. Solar, battery and generator power systems are adequate to live off grid for an extended period of time. RV drives and tows effortlessly and gets reasonable gas mileage in all driving conditions. We routinely average 10-12 MPG in hilly/mountainous terrain even while towing. Storage inside and out is best in class and can easily hold all your gear for an extended stay. (1-2 months) Just under 30 feet in length provides ample room for a family of 2-4 yet is easy to park and setup in under 15 minutes. We especially like the automatic hydraulic leveling system. One push of a button and it levels all by itself. We have enjoyed both short and long term trips in our Winnebago Aspect and are very pleased with our unit.
- Pete Prast, Kansas

2020-01-11 2016 Winnebago Spyder 24FQ View Listings

Had it for over a year. Very pleased. It was the perfect size for me. I looked at the 5th wheelers and felt this had same options and didnt need a pickup truck to tow it. I used a ford expedition and it worked out great
- David , Florida

2020-01-08 2018 Winnebago Winnie Drop 170S View Listings

Awesome Trailer, tows easy and backs like a breeze. It’s size allowed us to travel through beach side cities with no problem. With the top of the line sway bar set (included) the trailer held the mountain roads great. It definitely was VIP traveling.
- Jeff Fischer, Wisconsin

2020-01-08 1986 Winnebago Le Sharo View Listings

economy is the word here, with a small 4 cyl. turbo diesel engine winnebago took a french renault traffic van and added their systems to maximize economy during the gas crisis years. at only 20'L and 7'H you can park anywhere and it's not a behemoth in high winds like the tall sprinters that r nearly $100K. it has an exceptional ride and is very comfortable to drive if u r not in a hurry! the middle bathroom and the two full beds r a blessing to a couple that snores. it's comfortable to step into and has all the glamping comforts of home...65 mph tops though! but it's all worth it when u get to the pump!
- marcelo bermann, California

2020-01-08 2019 Winnebago Intent 29L View Listings

Purchased July 2019 in Florida...on our way to NJ large rattle from the overhead bed, several other problems, seating area bed & sofa bed are extremely small, only toddler fits, but the main problems are as follows..lots of heat coming into the RV from under The passenger seat, 10 days later unit broke down on a busy two lane road way, welded heat shields Underneath broke off an immobilized the unit..exhaust front and rear were loose... call Winnebago—it’s a ford problem-towed to Ford, because Winnebago moves things around to install the house(RV)...Ford will not repair, sends it back to manufacturer...we looked underneath... lots of rust, in litigation now...buyer beware😤
- Wanda Rodriguez, New Jersey

2020-01-07 2018 Winnebago Intent 30R View Listings

How to begin. This rv has either been in the shop or waiting to go more often then I've been able to use it. Sewer/gray water valve leak, times 3. Plumbing leak. Shop found lines did not have proper fittings from factory. New entry door. Had to install shims to fix, opening cut to large. Short in cable/satellite, plus satellite connection had no hole for coax. Sawdust pouring out of air duct. I had to take this apart and vacuum. Always friendly service. Takes a month or so to get it in, months to repair. Often repair wasn't completed. In the shop right now. Been there for two months. At least Winnebago is willing to fix all under warranty. Just a lot of monthly payments being made for a unit which can't be used 1/2 the time.
- Russell, California

2020-01-07 1990 Winnebago Warrior 323RC View Listings

We went to see the RV and the photos must have been taken years ago and are not a representation of what we saw. There were patches on the roof, wires hanging out, cabinets broken... not worth the drive to see it, In the current condition, it is overpriced. Don't waste your time
- Susan Fischer, California

2020-01-06 2020 Winnebago Micro Minnie 2405RG View Listings

Ok, here I am returning to review our 5th wheel. Have had it since 6/19. Several trips of various lengths the longest being out to Leadville, CO and camping at 10,000ft. The haul out was excellent. No issues at all. We camped for three days, no generator. we have two batteries. Again no issues. We are conservative with water usage and had plenty for several showers and other necessities for four adults. My wife and I are planning to travel more and more as the young ones graduate from HS. We can't see ourselves hauling these massive 5er's. We want to be able to get off the beaten paths so to speak and it is difficult with the larger rigs. I was able to pull is unit off the dirt road leading to the trailhead of Mt Elbert, CO. Take it slow and we had no issues. So far I have only one complaint and it is with our dealer. They are reluctant to fix the issues I have taken in for. They keep it for excessive amounts of time. All in all we love this 5th wheel and look forward to more time in it.
- Kevin, Texas

2020-01-06 1996 Winnebago Rialta 22RC View Listings

Bought my 1996 Rialta used, in 2004, fro PPL in Houston. Had adopted an eight week old cattle dog. The first time I traveled with her and stayed in a hotel, I left her in the room and walked away and she started barking, so, that wasn't going to work. Flew one way to Houston from Reno, picked it up, and drove it home to California. What a great vehicle. It gets 18-23 mpg using regular unleaded gas. It is serviced by Precision Automotive in Bakersfield, California. Love them. Worth driving across the Sierra Nevada. Next year, my baby turns 25 and I will be applying for the CA DMV Historic Vehicle license plate! Woohoo.
- Wynne Benti, California

2020-01-03 2015 Winnebago Destination 37FL View Listings

I’ve owned 2 2015 Winnebago Destinations 37FLs over the past 3 years. I find them vastly superior in all aspects to the completion. I have had no issues with either over the years and for the money are a bargain. We keep ours in south Florida and enjoy the comfort and reliability they have provided. From the air conditioning, water and plumbing systems, residential refrigerator with ice maker, slides etc. all has performed to my satisfaction. The tv gave us a little trouble last year and is tough to mount back on the wall but this was definitely not a game changer. I’ve had RVs for 10 years now and traded my 38’ 2006 A class for my first 5th wheel looking for the extra room and living conveniences 4 years ago and have no regrets. It’s perfectly designed for us and our needs. I would wholeheartedly recommend these 5th wheels to anything out there.
- John, Florida

2019-12-27 2018 Winnebago Horizon 40A View Listings

Wonderful New design is BEST I have ever seen !! Home away from home with every luxury I can imagine. 3 air Condition Roof units, Fireplace for ALL seasons.T.V.s Raise fromunder countertop and store away under countertop to have full View of Mountians , Ocean. 8.9 L Diesel has more than enough power entering Interstate from on Ramp and 10,000 Generator provides Power to Run EVERYTHING !!
- Tiffany Hobson, North Carolina

2019-12-25 2015 Winnebago Journey 40U View Listings

Great rig....Freightliner chassis is a dream unit to drive. Very comfortable for long drives. Plenty of power and stable for towing my JEEP Grand Cherokee. This Motorhome is very livable, all the amenities of home.
- Carl Stevens, Arizona

2019-12-18 1995 Winnebago Luxor 37WQ View Listings

We purchased this RV used and really enjoyed living in it. The floor plan was ideal and it was very comfortable to drive. Was our second RV, definite upgrade from an older Pace Arrow. It was well built and roomy.
- Chester Farmer, Texas

2019-12-15 2020 Winnebago Travato 59GL View Listings

This class B van is incredible to use, park, and drive. It’s very easy to drive with great visibility and turning radius. I would not be selling it except for family circumstances. I got 15-18 mpg on the highway and it cruises very nicely. Steep hills are a bit challenging requiring “petal to the metal” fully loaded but it made it, no problem. Tow/haul button is convenient and was a dream to use on steep gradients both up but especially down. Love the fact this RV takes regular gas and fits in a standard parking lot. The Murphy bed in back is a bit firm but I solved that easily by purchasing a 3” rubber mattress and cutting it to fit, making the bed very cosy and comfortable. I love how the A/C unit has a thermostat and I used the app to set desired temperatures and turn it off and on from the front seat. The Volta Lithium battery system is my absolute favorite part of this rig, however. It’s a game changer in RV world and works like a charm. I could use my a/c and instant pot at the same time, no issues. The batteries are easy to charge and keep charged. So much to love about this RV. I will own another one when the time is right.
- Tracy Linn, Florida

2019-12-14 2019 Winnebago Adventurer 35F View Listings

This is our second Winnebago Class A and we are very satisfied. Has all the options we wanted and the coach is beautiful. The floor plan is perfect for us and it is very livable. We like the bath and a half as well as other features such as residential size refrigerator, 2000 watt inverter, nd full body paint. This coach is very firm and stable on the road. I really like the 22.5 inch wheels and wide wheel base. A huge difference in driving over the 19.9 inch wheels of our previous motorhomes with shorter wheelbase. This is an important issue to consider in the quality of the ride. I gave a 5 star on overall quality because Winnebago does it better that other brands, but I must say that none of these rigs, no matter how much you spend or what brand you buy, has high quality throughout. Workmanship is not what it used to be. I would recommend this motorhome based on my experiences. We have only put a few thousand miles on it but so far, everything has worked as promised and no issues to report.
- Bob, Ohio

2019-12-10 2007 Winnebago Adventurer 38J View Listings

We have thoroughly enjoyed this coach. We spend 3 months of the year in the Colorado Rockies and this coach is very comfortable living in; a real home away from home. This is our second Winnebago; it's very well built and the only make of motor home we will buy. It's in great condition and runs like a dream. We are looking to buy our 3rd Winnebago.
- Kirk Woolery, Texas

2019-12-10 2007 Winnebago Outlook 31H View Listings

This RV is easy to drive and handles very well. Extremely reliable without any major problems. The buyer will love the many extras and upgrades in this beautiful rig. This is a pet-free and smoke-free machine.
- paul, Texas

2019-12-08 2018 Winnebago Minnie Winnie 25B View Listings

This RV is a great one for a single woman to use to see the USA and Canada. It is small enough (27') to fit into most campgrounds. It is simple to set up--check that the frig is level, then plug in the electric, and while the built in surge protector test the power, hook up the fresh water. By yourself, you don't need to empty the black water tank at every stop--once a week seems enough. On the road it handles well, keeps up with traffic with no problems--even with a tow car attached. Setting off down the road in this rig is a happy feeling!
- Michelle McAlpin, Arizona

2019-12-08 2016 Winnebago Via 25Q View Listings

I have owned a Via for three years and 12,000 miles. I am very impressed with the design and construction of this coach. It has everything you will find in a diesel pusher, but in a smaller package yielding 16+ miles per gallon even while towing a 18 foot boat. Most impressive is the power and handling. It is a breeze to operate in congested traffic areas. Back it into a regular car parking spot at the trail head. Ducted AC/heat make it comfy and quiet. Turn the front seats to face the TV for theater chair comfort. I love the LED above cabinet mood lighting. The only problem you will have will be the constant attention it draws from passersby.
- Robert, Florida