Winnebago Reviews on RV Insider (802)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Winnebago RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Art Davis from California says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 1999 Winnebago Rialta 22HD View Listings

The Winnebago Rialta motor home was built as an alternative to the larger Class A motor homes and the conversion vans. It has an aerodynamic design and a mere 20 feet 8 inches in length; making it exceptionally easy to maneuver. These RVs are sometimes referred to as Class C motor-homes, and sometimes as a B-Plus motor-homes depending on the style of the model. About 8,000 Rialta motorhomes were built by Winnebago from 1994 through 2005, but the use of the Volkswagen Rialta chassis was discontinued in 2003. If you're looking for a used Rialta motor home it can run you anywhere from from $20,000 to $50,000 depending on mileage and condition. With its 2.5L fuel injected Volkswagen gas engine and slick design it gets good fuel mileage and has a nice towing capacity. The Volkswagen Rialta has independent suspension, rack-and-pinion steering, and an antilock braking system. The interior of the rialta RV has all the comforts of home including many driver conveniences. Standard equipment includes cruise control, power windows, power mirrors, air conditioning and storage below the front seating area. The galley of the Winnebago Rialta has a flip-up counter extension, microwave oven, two burner range top stove, single door 3-way refrigerator, and a stainless steel sink. The bathroom is equally well equipped with cabinets, shower, sink, marine style toilet, towel bar, and a fold-down vanity shelf. Most Rialta motorhome models include entertainment centers with color TV, cable ready, and a CD player. There are also monitoring system panel for the holding tanks, LP levels, battery gauge, and a generator start switch and all the standard safety equipment. The Winnebago Rialta motor home is used for full time RVing, or long term RVing if you're looking for a small motorhome.
- Art Davis, California

2020-10-16 2002 Winnebago Rialta 22QD View Listings

Small RV, perfect for a family of four, can park it anywhere in a car parking space, very efficient VW six cylinder gasoline engine gets 19 to 20 m.p.g. Would recommend it to anyone that’s looking to purchase a small RV. It’s very good for transporting eight people with eight seat belts and sleeping for four.
- Don Cherry, Virginia

2020-10-14 2019 Winnebago Era 70M View Listings

Wanted a small unit with a full bathroom to safely drive to see grandchildren. Purchased November 2019 and was told after I signed the papers that a few things had to be ordered and fixed!!! Has not been fully functional yet. Have replaced stove and now refrigerator. Water pump currently not functioning. Screen had to be fully replaced. Molding was missing at time of purchase! ONE BIG LEMON and Winnebago and dealer not at all helpful. IN process of getting legal advice! UGH! Bought Winnebago cause I thought they would be reliable.
- Sandra Z. Salan, Maryland

2020-10-14 2002 Winnebago Adventurer 35U View Listings

I purchased it from camping world in Chattanooga Tennessee in 2006 . I always carried either my son and his family or my Daughter and her family with us to Myrtle Beach S C or Panama City, Pensacola Beach . I never had any problems with it. My wife passed away in 2012 and I didn’t have any desire to travel anymore so i got rid of it
- William Maynor, Georgia

2020-10-13 2012 Winnebago Aspect 30C View Listings

We researched for months before buying this RV because we knew we wanted a Winnebago for the vehicle reliability and for the interior quality. This layout works great for us. The rear window helped us feel a little extra comfortable to see behind us while driving as well as for a view when we back in to park at a campground. The living area is great with the opposing couch and dinette area as well as the rotating driver
- KB, Washington

2020-10-11 2019 Winnebago Intent 30R View Listings

Purchased new from General RV. Pretty Positive experience thus far. The interior layout works well for us. Outdoor entertainment area includes a sink and refrigerator which we have used frequently. We had a propane line run so we could set up a grill right next to it. Sufficient space in bedroom, shower and separate toilet area. Only interior complaint so far is the eating area is pretty tight. Interior and exterior storage is more than sufficient for our needs. The issue with steering which I see pretty often was prevalent during the first 1000 miles or so. After that I decided I didn't need to have any suspension mods done. I'm certain this is a personal preference not necessarily a requirement. 99% of the issues we encountered were handled during warranty period. Missing screws, issue with awning, ill fitting screens in driving area, entry door not fitted to hole properly were the primary issues. If this were a car that I had paid almost 6 figures for I would be extremely upset, in a RV it's actually better than most. Sigh. So the 4 star rating is in relation to what I have come to expect from the RV industry in general and not what I would give to a car manufacturer and paying a similar price. They would receive a 2,lol.
- MP Brooks, Florida

2020-10-11 2018 Winnebago Travato 59K View Listings

We bought the Travato late in October of 2018. Due to some physical issues on my part we down sized from a 28 foot travel.There was a learning curve the first few times we used it because of the room difference, but we eventually worked out how to get around inside the3 coach. I am a bigger guy so I had to learn that both of us weren't going to fit in the center isle. The quality of the rig is outstanding,we did have 2 or 3 issues and they were covered in the warranty. I added Sumo Springs to the front and read and that improved the handling of the rig. We are both very satisfied and will enjoy many years of camping. I would recommend the Travato to anyone who is interested in a class B RV.
- Jim D, Wisconsin

2020-10-10 2020 Winnebago Travato 59KL View Listings

I highly recommend this rv to anyone who enjoys travelling without any limits. This rv fits into any regular parking space. It generates its own power for boondocking (camping without services). Easy to drive comfortable to live in. An excellent choice for one or two travelers.
- Joanne Parsons, Connecticut

2020-10-09 2017 Winnebago Sightseer 36Z View Listings

We have the 2017 Winnebago Sightseer 36Z. I have had nothing but problems with the passenger side slide out. I bought the unit brand new and on the day I bought it, the slide out malfunctioned. The dealer got it to slide in and we thought it was a fluke. NOPE. We have been stuck at 3 different campgrounds with the slide out not retracting. I have become an expert at tearing the wall apart to get to the motor to extract it from the mechanism so we could slide the wall in and head down the road. I've made wooden braces to slip into the top of the slide out to keep the wall from coming out while we are driving. This has been a total nightmare. I have taken it to 2 Camper Worlds more than once and to another Winnebago approved repair center where they never got to my unit after it being there for 9 weeks they still haven't touched it. The slide out on the passenger side has the same sized motors as the 2 smaller slide outs. They simply aren't big enough. You can hear them laboring far more so than in the other 2 slide outs. I have no idea what to do but to drive 11 hours to Winnebago and leave it there to be fixed. I'm at my wits end. Now the unit is leaning to the right causing the front right tire to get hot and wear more. Lase service department I took it to said that they couldn't work on this so not sure where to go for that. I guess I'm headed to Iawa since I can't find anywhere within 5 hours of me who can work on it.
- Dr. Barry Wilson, Kentucky

2020-10-09 2015 Winnebago Vista 27N View Listings

THE WINNEBAGO VISTA 27N AT 28' 9" IS JUST THE PERFECT SIZE UNIT TO ENTER AND STAY IN MOST NATIONAL PARKS, HANDELS WELL IN ADVERSE WEATHER WITHOUT ANY ALTERATIONS TO SUSPENSION. AND IS THE PERFECT SIZE UNIT FOR A FAMILY OF 4.
- BILL TESHERA, Nevada

2020-10-07 2007 Winnebago Sightseer 30B View Listings

I have enjoyed using this but can no longer use it for medical reasons.It always functioned perfectly and was commfortable to live on whether for a few days or longer. It feels spacious and has every convenienve I want.
- judithblinn, Michigan

2020-10-04 2020 Winnebago Horizon 42Q View Listings

One would think in buying a brand new RV, less issues. Well not the case. Out of all the trailers, 5th wheels I’ve owned, I have never had this many issues. If you don’t know how to work on an RV do not purchase this one.
- Teresa Dodson, Texas

2020-09-29 2018 Winnebago Intent 30R View Listings

We purchased this unit used, with 4,800 miles on it. The chassis is still under Ford warranty, but the other parts are apparently only warranted to the original purchaser. That's fine with me. Overall we are quite satisfied, and the price certainly was right. I have a theory that people buy a new RV, and then quickly become disenchanted by the way they handle (or DON'T handle!), and the ridiculously low levels of dealer service. The first problem we encountered was the door latch, which snapped when I closed the door. This effectively imprisoned me in the unit, as the door could not be opened from outside or inside. I got a screwdriver and removed the latch unit. A quick trip to the local dealer parts department and I was back installing the replacement within an hour. Had to grind some parts to get them to align properly. No problems with the latch since then. Handling is another story. I'm pretty sure whoever traded this unit at 4,800 miles did so because it scared them to death. I can't blame them. Crosswinds and passing semi-trucks are a nightmare. After investigation, I learned that the fix is aftermarket front and rear stabilizer bars, and a steering stabilizer. Another problem easily solved. The black and grey water tanks are notorious for giving false readings on the control panel. I use a spray wand to clear the black water tank and pretty much guestimate the grey tank level. Ducted AC is great and fairly quiet. We added an extension to turn the jack-knife sofa into a queen bed. That has been the best modification ever! I fabricated it from aluminum and it stores flat in the overhead bunk. Extra cushions store under the main bed. Takes about two minutes to set up. We keep the slides lubed, and the slide seals sprayed with the recommended slide seal protectant. We use a Bulldog 30 amp electricity monitor, which works well for us in areas where lightning hits the ground (like Florida.) I can fix most anything that goes wrong, but if I need help I take the unit to a local truck repair facility. They are WAY cheaper than the RV dealer, and they are familiar with the Ford F53 engine and chassis. I think the only thing I would need to call an outside repair person on might be the heating system. I can work on the propane water heater, but the furnace is an enclosed unit and I feel more comfortable farming that work out to a professional. The bottom line is we are happy with the unit, and confident that we can keep it in tip-top shape doing much of the work ourselves, and getting professional (non-dealer) assistance when necessary.
- Kemp Howland, Florida

2020-09-26 2019 Winnebago Vista 29VE View Listings

Holy cow! Never, ever, ever; let me state that again, ever purchase a Winnebago. The workmanship, quality of work, attention to detail could not possibly be lower. You will experience multiple failures, warranty runaround, and general lack of quality materials and craftsmanship like you have never experienced. I only hope that this review saves some pain and heartache to anyone considering purchasing one of these unreliable and unsupported coaches. I am currently at the repair facility in Iowa on a waiting list to have at least 18 repairs addressed; but good luck with any appointment or customer service. Plan to spend at least a full week waiting for repairs.; and if you get those; anticipate even more disappointments. I digress; we purchased a brand new Vista, 30 foot coach a mere 3 weeks ago. The brakes have failed, generator quit working, inadequate water pressure, solar and battery charging issues just to name a few. Do not walk away from these coaches; RUN!! I can only hope to save others the pain that we have experienced. Be prepared along with your checkbook to bring along plenty of duct tape, superglue, and RTV silicone sealant as these seem to be the favorite tools of manufacturing. Also bring your life experience and knowledge because you will be talked out of any common sense repair satisfaction. It is with deep Disappointed that I write this review as it was my dream to drive away with a Winnebago for years.
- Douglas Weber, Iowa

2020-09-24 2018 Winnebago Intent 26M View Listings

How could I have been so stupid to purchase a new 2021 Winnebago Intent 29L before reading these reviews. But I looked online for six weeks and never saw these bad reviews. If I had, I would never have purchased. We bought because the interior and floor plan were exactly what we were looking for. Drove it home from the dealer and two things broke by the time we arrived home; about a 25 mile drive. RV has less than 2000 miles on it. Dealer never told us how often to have our RV serviced and the Winnebago website has nothing on it at all. Winnebago's website doesn't have current owner's manual information, some of their pages do not work and others haven't been updated since 2017!!! Really? I thought Winnebago was a reputable company. I figured wrong. Preparing to leave on our first big trip from California to Washington for two weeks. Praying nothing will go wrong.
- Ted Viveiros, California

2020-09-20 2020 Winnebago Vita 24P View Listings

The Winne 24P is only 24 foot long but has everything we need. It is Great when we extend the PopOut as it becomes very Big and Spacious. The mileage the Diesel gets is always above 14 MPG. Even when we Boondock the tanks last at least 4 days and with the solar the batteries stay full. The coach is well built.
- Toby Payne, Arizona

2020-09-18 2016 Winnebago View 24J View Listings

Update: Mercedes Benz totally rapes it's customers on service work. The two times I took it if for service cost me $1600 and $1200. BOTH times I had problems created by sloppy workmanship. Once the mechanic spilled diesel over the engine, we thought it was on fire after leaving the dealership. The second time it just stopped running after leaving the dealership. The mechanic had left off a hose clamp to the fuel line at the fuel filter. This was two different dealerships 150 miles apart. Guess this is the Mercedes way. Mercedes Benz will never service my vehicle again!! Winnebago dropped the ball on a faulty water pump. The dealer took care of the repairs. The floor has since gone soft (possibly from the leaky water pump?) and Winnebago refused to assist in any way. In my earlier post I mentioned the three regulators on the propane tank, Winnebago finally sent me the correct regulator (the one I kept telling the dealers that Winnebago recommended) and I installed it myself, uncovering two errors made by one dealer or the other in past installations. What does it take to get a quality vehicle and a manufacturer that will stand behind it's product?
- Phil Elgin, Tennessee

2020-09-16 1999 Winnebago Rialta 21RD View Listings

We purchased a 1999 VW Rialta from FB marketplace for $20,000 in hopes we could start traveling in our own space during Covid . The purchase was from a seller Who lived 50 miles from us and using a broker company that helps yacht and RV owners sell their vehicle and from what we found out for vehicles not easy to sell on their own due to problems with them now assume. After the purchase of the vehicle , we found out there were two leaks but worse than that the Rialta would not go up any hills or even our driveway . We had it towed and found out we needed a new transmission. Both broker and seller said we couldn’t test drive , so they did a short drive in his subdivision. Without going into too much more detail , this is a warning that Rialta s have issues with their transmissions but the worst part is that NEVER purchase an RV using POP RV not to be trusted and a terrible response to any issues you have after purchase. Unfortunately reading their reviews they take your deposits and tell you they don’t , lie, and don’t test their vehicles . So much more to report on this corrupt RV selling broker but a warning to never purchase or use them and read their reviews. Never use POP RV RV brokers based in Sarasota , Fla. but have brokers all over the country.
- Bonnie Murphy, Georgia

2020-09-16 2007 Winnebago Vectra 40TD View Listings

This has been the best RV motorhome that I have ever owned. It is one of the most spacious 40 feet motorhomes on the market. The MH has two very large slide outs. It has also had several upgrades (LED lighting (inside and out), satellite dish, TVs, etc.). Incredible amount of storage. It is also fun to drive. A lot of power in the 400 HP diesel engine and the fuel milage is pretty good (avg. 7 mpg). For a full-timer this is the vehicle to have.
- Anthony DuBose, New Mexico

2020-09-11 2016 Winnebago Sightseer 35G View Listings

Love this unit, floor plan, convenience, overall design and functionality is extremely appealing.Winnebago has presented a product and price point that more than competes with more expensive coaches of this size!!
- Robert Ouellette, Florida

2020-09-10 2012 Winnebago View 24M View Listings

I loved this RV. VERY reliable and comfortable yet compact enough to get through a city! I would highly recommend! The bed and banquette kitchen table is well designed. Lots of storage space! I would consider it for a couple or 3 people to sleep comfortably.
- Jordan Stevens, Colorado

2020-09-08 2016 Winnebago Voyage 35RLXLT View Listings

We actually liked this RV when we saw it on the sales lot. Once we signed the papers and drove it off things started to go wrong, almost immediately. Granted the warranty covered issues for the first year but after that it has been on us. 3 months after purchase the fireplace went out. It stopped working and had to be replaced. The closet door hardware broke and had to be replaced and broke again just 3 months later. Next, the front AC unit went out, which led to our trailer being in the repair shop almost a month. It also was in the repair shop because of water leaks in the front storage area. That carried us through until the warranty was up. Shorty after we saw a water leak in the roof inside the trailer. They had to replace the entire roof they said the seals were bad. The trailer was less than two years old. Over the next several months we have had to replace most of the electrical outlets because the face plates have broken and popped out of the walls. Currently I am dealing with rotting wood in the kitchen slide out, and the front storage utility door. No telling how much this will cost or how long it will take to fix. Also the weather stripping around the inside of the three slides is falling off. Last but not least the leather (fake leather) furniture is shedding its skin like a snake and getting all over the place, not sure what this is going to cost to replace. The slides pop breakers when going in and out. The exterior paint finish had oxidized over the entire trailer, I bought a Winnebago because I thought they were top of the line, however, this is no where near the top of line manufacturer. I would not recommend any one waste their time or money but instead move on to another brand.
- Fred Helmly, Texas

2020-09-06 2014 Winnebago View 24J View Listings

Took this model cross country and back and loved the size and how we could fit into any campground, big or small, no problem. Driving through parking lots in bigger cities was easy due to the size but it lived large enough to sleep our family of four including two small babies, wonderfully. Love the two front facing seats found in this specific model and how fuel efficient and dependable the engine is. Highly recommend for fall travels if using upgraded all weather tires, durable and quality rig.
- N Smith, Missouri

2020-09-01 2015 Winnebago Ellipse 42QD View Listings

This unit is great to drive, easy to handle and park. Handle great on windy days. Easy to set up utilities when parking. Satellite dish is Directv and will handle the whole house system. Love this coach
- Allen Rodrigue, Florida

2020-09-01 2020 Winnebago Micro Minnie 2106FBS View Listings

This travel trailer is terrific for the money. Great attention to detail - quality built in at every turn. Two axles allow over 3,000 lbs of cargo. Seven foot wide allows driving through narrow construction zones a breeze. Huge shower, queen size bed, futon couch (in slide), ample interior LED lights, microwave, big fridge, charging stations, quality exterior surfaces, large water and waste tanks, oversize air conditioner, power tongue lift, double SS sink, great awning, good audio/TV set up, lots of storage. It seems impossible the interior is as large as it is looking at it from the outside. Two people very comfortable, two with one child OK...no more. Perfect for retired couple. This a great trailer...now for some comments for improvement. Wheel wells are thin galvanized or aluminum sheet metal, some corrosion started already when new. I cleaned them and sprayed with truck bead coating. Bumper ends fall off easy - drilled small hole and used a pin to hold them on permanently. Door closure needs a little grease. Mattress was very thin (must be replaced), bought aftermarket happy camper mattress for $350 it is terrific. Bought dual AGM batteries for extended boondocking...the trailer is designed to hold two batteries so no problem. Bathroom sink is a bit tight - mirror too high. I’ve owned cheap, poor quality travel trailers...this is not in that category. We wanted an Airstream or Oliver for the quality. They cost FOUR times what this trailer cost. They are better, but not by that much. Save your money, do some touch ups yourself and enjoy.
- John, Pennsylvania