Grand Design Reflection RVs Reviews (84)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Grand Design Reflection RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of these RVs.

JB from Oregon says:

Have you owned any Grand Design Reflection RVs? Write a review

Voted Most Helpful Review 2017 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS View Listings

From day one this unit has been problematic..first the heater duct was off going into the bedroom,could get no result from selling dealer...only excuses so took basement panels off and fixed myself..no screws in heater duct holding heater duct hose to plenum..only cheap tape..little wonder it fell off.It wont come off now.Then there was the shower...first use water all over the floor...again no help from selling dealer..just more excuses.Then after getting on roof to check vent covers dealer installed...found them to be out of alignment so couldn’t open vent...fixed myself since dealer only makes excuses.Then found numerous outside trim screws missing...after further investigation found most to broken off inside coach frame...looks like they were over tightened at factory...again no help from dealer...just excuses...I could go on but time and space would not allow it here.Buyer beware...better check it out good before you buy it...and don’t buy from local dealer in Pasco,Washington...be ready to fix things yourself.Grand Design really needs to have better quality control...or go back to the drawing board.
- JB, Oregon

2019-06-12 2016 Grand Design Reflection 313RLTS View Listings

This RV purchase has been great. I moved from a 28ft Class A Winnebago to this 25 ft Class C Redhawks and I never looked back. I travel alone for the most part and this rig is excellent in reliability, functionality and comfort. While my friends have purchased larger and supposedly “better quality” RVs, they have had nothing but problems. I have had very few. My dealer Blade Chevrolet in Mt Vernon WA has been easy to work with, fast with service and very helpful. I just have had a wonderful experience all around and have nothing but praise for this new smaller road warrior RV.
- Sage MacLeod , Washington

2019-05-17 2016 Grand Design Reflection 29RS View Listings

From the first trip this trailer has been problematic. Little issues we had such as lights not working, gauges not working properly, refrigerator not cooling or when cooling it freezes everything. Then a long trip and brakes failing! Then another trip and slide out motor failing. Then another long trip and suspension failing and tires blowing and possibly stuck no-where. Then after dealing with factory and authorize service center and supplier, and now having a comfortable feeling that all is good. The next long trip the suspension once again fails and brand new tires worn down. LP Gas lines leaking. I feel sick and taken. I have been stuck in a state far away from home. If you plan short trips less than 200 miles around your area then this trailer might be good for you. However if you plan to travel to another state, then I do not recommend Grand Design Reflection trailers.
- Dorwinion , California

2019-05-10 2018 Grand Design Reflection 367BHS View Listings

QUALITY. This was our 1st RV purchase & we shopped 3 months, looked at hundreds & walked through several dozen. We were shocked about the poor quality of manufacturing in this industry! Keep it lightweight, use cheap materials, hire kids, and build it fast! We saw the Grand Design early on, fell in love, but it didn't fit our budget. After receiving a tremendous education we made it fit our budget, coming back to this RV because it had the most of what we were looking for, and superior quality. Winnebago having merged with Grand Design is a bonus. Love this company, love the district rep, love this RV! Do the homework before you buy, that's what we're sayin'
- Robert, Oregon

2019-04-02 2019 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS View Listings

Picked up this unit on March 28, 2019 and I already have issues. The kitchen side slide out has torn the linoleum floor, the furnace has stopped working and one of the slide out seals is falling off. Called a few Grand Design service centers and was told they would not service my trailer because I did not buy it at their dealership. Overall not very impressed with my trailer. So sad because all the reviews and comments I’ve heard were so positive. Mike
- Michel Leblanc, Ontario

2019-03-28 2016 Grand Design Reflection 367BHS View Listings

I did a ton of research before purchasing a 5th wheel. Grand Design was a brand that kept coming up as top of the line. We have not been disappointed. As a family of 4 we've loved this layout in particular because it provided a 2nd bedroom for our girls (as well as a loft for them to play or nap in, and a 2nd pull-out couch in case friends came over) while still having a roomy living area. The ability to have a separate washer and dryer was also at the top of our requirements. We had read (and heard personally) people's hatred for a combo washer/dryer unit. Having 4 slides is great! It really opens things up and makes it very comfortable.
- Brent, Texas

2019-03-26 2018 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS View Listings

In December of 2017 I purchased a 2018 Reflection RL337RlS from General RV in Jacksonville Florida. I love the design of the Reflection but we began to have problems with the Dometic 1350 four door refrigerator immediately. We had to take it back to Gen RV to replace the fuses. The Refrigerator could not hold its temperature. In August we were on a trip and we are missionaries and the refrigerator completely went out. We called a repairman suggested by Dometic and he told us the refrigerator was bad and needed to be replaced. We took the 5th wheel to General RV in Dover Florida. The unit was their for over two months. General RV Replaced the cooling coils and that did not work. After I contacted Grand Design they got involved. They finally replaced the refrigerator. The refrigerator worked for two months and went out again. We took it to a Port Charlotte RV and they worked on it and found the it was a design flaw. The refrigerator does not have enough fan to lower the temperature. The problem is that it is in a slide out and does not have proper ventilation. I went on Facebook at a Reflection 337RLS blog and found that many were having this problem. At this time the fifth wheel for the fifth time is back in the repair shop and I do not know the outcome. Their is a fix and Grand Design is not willing to do it. The unit can be replaced with a Samsung 18 cubic ft electrical refrigerator with some minor modifications. We have lost hundreds of dollars of food. Grand Design did pay for a small 3.2 cubic ft electric refrigerator. But this is not very large and holds a small amount of food. I have tried to get Grand Design to work with me to purchase the Samsung but the policy they have is replace or fix. We are looking at a third replacement. It is really a shame that you purchase a fifth-wheel for over 50K and you cannot enjoy it. I am probably going to have to replace this unit with the Samsung to enjoy my RV. The cost of that is over $2000.00 out of pocket expense. My suggestion to all buyers beware of this problem with the refrigerator as many RL337 owners are having a problem and are having to buy and replace the Dometic with the Samsung out of their own pocket. I have not had any other problems with this unit and find it to be a well made unit. If you want a well made unit with a refrigerator that will break down then buy it or upgrade it. Thank You Dr. David N. Smeltz Amazing Grace Missionary
- Dr. David N. Smeltz, Florida

2019-03-14 2019 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS View Listings

We bought this in December and have done a couple trips (1 and 2 weeks long). This RV is more comfortable than we imagined. We LOVE it! Here's what we appreciate: - beautiful inside and designed for usability - USB plugs above the bed and on the hutch - outlets on both sides of the bed, hutch, island, sofa, dining area - motion lights in hall, bathroom, and basement - enormous medicine cabinet in the bathroom - many drawers and cupboards in the kitchen - bedroom closet, drawers, and cupboards have plenty of room for our clothes - under bed storage is large and easy to access - bathroom doesn't feel small: nice counter space, generous shower - theater seats and sofa are comfortable - tv, dvd player, speakers are perfect - fireplace is pretty and nice to view (I was afraid it'd look tacky) - auto leveling and whole set-up process is quick & easy - dumping is convenient and doesn't require kneeling on the ground like our previous trailer - 4-door fridge lets us get into the fridge without putting out slides (for lunch stops while on the road) - fridge is HUGE. We put all our beverages inside with the groceries, rather than just a few at a time. - lower cabinet large enough for a folding stool and more Things we wish were different: - Our shoes pile up in the entrance and become a tripping hazard. We wished there was a bigger cupboard there. We bought a small media cabinet (34"h x 18"w x 8"d) and screwed it to the plywood under the hutch counter top. To access the electrical panel we will have to remove the screw and move this cabinet. - The bathroom has a single 18" towel bar for bath towels. We replaced that with a 24" double bar. - The bottom of the hutch cabinets on the left and right sides is at face level for me (5' 5" tall) so the top shelf is barely reachable. Each of these cabinets has just one shelf about 12" high. We installed another shelf in the bottom half, so the bottom shelf is 5" high, the next shelf is about 7" high, and the top (manufacturer's shelf) is about 12" high. That way I can see into 2 shelves without a stool. - The bottom right side of the hutch has a cupboard that is 19"d x 10"w x 5"h. You can't see all the way back without kneeling/bending. A drawer would be much better. - Pantry is so large, I can't imagine filling it up. My husband has faith that I'll find a way! :-) - Sofa bed is not level. The head is about 4" lower than thigh area where there is a 1.5" hump, and from there it slopes down to the foot. Pre-made foam mattress wedges are only 24-32" long and the sofa bed hump is at 42" from the top of the mattress. We've searched extensively for a better designed full-size queen sofa bed that will fit, but have come up flat. So, we are planning to buy custom foam wedges (almost $200) to fill out the bed from the top down to 42". - A standard queen mattress is 60"w x 80"l. The sofa bed is 56"w x 70"l. The end tables are 71" apart, so there is plenty of room for a standard queen bed. - massage feature on the theater seats is more like a tickle We are installing to improve usability for us: - shelves in side cabinets in the bedroom - foam mini-pillows to close the gaps between the sliding bathroom door and the wall for when we have another couple staying with us - shelves in the upper hutch cabinets - shoe cabinet - paper towel holder - toilet paper holder - broom handle holder in pantry - double towel bar in bathroom - small towel bar on island - slide out for trash/recycling under the sink - 2 additional shelves in the medicine cabinet - hooks to hold phone charging cords between USB jacks and bedside tables
- Nancy Samuels, Washington

2019-03-11 2017 Grand Design Reflection 315RLTS View Listings

From day one when the auto level stopped working we have had to only use the manual. In 2018 because of surgery we were only able use twice . This spring we were in Nashvillle and had underbelly spung a leak . Next stop even the manual level didn’t work . Total cost 650.00 and three lost vacation days . Contacted mark at customer service and was basically told it was to old for any consideration. Less then two years and limited use very disappointed in the trailer
- Jane brown, Wisconsin

2019-03-06 2019 Grand Design Reflection 367BHS View Listings

I have had my reflection for 8 months. I travel for work so I spend a lot of time in it. So far I have really enjoyed the RV. No major problems as of yet. The only issue I am currently having is the water supply lines to the kitchen are constantly freezing up. No issues with the bathroom because the water lines to it are in the heated pass through. The kitchen sink however is approximately 20 feet from the bathroom and freezes up easily. Maybe a design issue. Other than that I love my grand design.
- shannon , Nebraska

2019-02-23 2016 Grand Design Reflection 313RLTS View Listings

Own both 2001 and 2005 model 30V. 2001 sing slide, 2005 2 slides. 05 disn't town well due to extra slide weight. put every after market device and it wouldn't correct tow drift. class c no extra room for chair. But.....loved all else about it. good quality and 2001 towed great. combined owed both for 15 years.
- Ron Zechello , Nevada

2019-02-12 2015 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS View Listings

After going thru Hurricane Harvey, and loosing our 40 ft 5th wheel, had to settle for this Reflection that has been a headache since day one. Bought it used, only 1 year old, and the plumbing has been nothing but a nightmare...
- Linda , Texas

2019-01-26 2018 Grand Design Reflection 315RLTS View Listings

We bought our unit in April 2019 with the intention to live in it after we sold our house and waiting to build our new house. We were sold by the layout but ran into a lot of problems since. The front leveling jacks folded up on us the second time we used them, the fridge door wouldn't close properly, Drawer and door catches falling off, heated theatre seat not working, not so 4 seasons with pipe freezing, and a number of leaks with the connections in the Nautilus unit. The actual quality of the finishing is also quite suspect as there were staples and screw ends sticking out in a number of places. Its too bad they didn't spend more time building the trailer than designing it. The warranty has been working and I am on first name bases with the travelling RV mechanic.
- Wayne Stewart, British Columbia

2019-01-13 2017 Grand Design Reflection 297RSTS View Listings

We purchased this RV after much research. The Grand Design claim of of quality control during and after construction and their claim of the product having 4 season ARCTIC capability and tested to temps to 0 degrees. Initially had 1 slide out fail due to a loosely mounted slide motor. numerous other smaller issues but the icing on the cake was our first extended trip to Arizona. arrived in Arizona, drained the water system of RV anti-freeze and connected to city water. all was well for 5 days until the temperature dropped to 16 degrees. the furnace ran full time as did the fireplace. after the 16 degree night it warmed up to above freezing. came back from the grocery store to find water pouring out the so called insulated underbody of the RV. Called grand design and was told that the units are tested in a controlled test and that it does not account for wind chill and elevation. the plumbing is covered with that underbelly material so wind chill was not an issue. elevation makes no difference, 16 degrees is 16 degrees no matter what the elevation. as the furnace ran constantly their claim of heated air underneath is a joke. so here we sit waiting for a month to get into a grand design dealership for repairs which I am going to have to pay for. in all fairness grand design did offer to pay for parts, which will probably be a coupling and possibly some pex line for $10. BUYER BEWARE of grand design rv's, another example of a slapped together RV
- Richard Upton, Montana

2018-12-27 2019 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS View Listings

We bought this 5th wheel in Wisconsin. We wanted the additional insulation because we live in Texas.Towed great I have only pulled, this is first 5th wheel. We have had good luck with it everything works we lived in it traveling for 6 more weeks before returning home.I have seen some bad reviews mainly from southern states I dont know if that makes a difference but we love ours.
- DARLENE BERNICE CORRY, Texas

2018-12-18 2017 Grand Design Reflection 315RLTS View Listings

I spent $40,000.00 on this Reflection and was told that they were the best quality and customer service in the market. After less than a 1000 miles I lost the brakes due to the grease seals leaking. My dealer tried to get Grand Design or Lippert to cover it and was turned down. I called Grand Design and was treated as if this was my first trailer I have ever owned and I should have read the owners manual that says they should be inspected every 12 months or 12,000 miles. I have many trailers and do not need to check seals every 12 months for leaks. I will never buy and never refer anyone to buy a Grand Design who does not stand behind there products.
- Ron Friesenhahn, Texas

2018-12-18 2019 Grand Design Reflection 327RST View Listings

I would not recommend a grand design. We purchased are granddesign last month and have nothing but trouble. 1. all blinds hung crooked 2. Toilet is put in crooked 3. TV did not work when we got it large line through the TV 4. Molding around the slide was broken 5. Slide put in crooked which caused a 3 inch gap on one side 6. Shower head broke first use 7. Toilet sprays water all over when flushing 8. Awning has several small holes 9. Shower leaks 10. Hinges on the bed broke and split the wood I notified grand design and their attitude basically was oh well. It shows in all of their website and all of their paperwork how they thrive on their inspection of their coach obviously our coach never got inspected. I would never purchase another grand design I hope everyone looks at theirs before they buy one extra close. Although [dealer] have been great.
- Maryann Johnson, California

2018-11-09 2016 Grand Design Reflection 29RS View Listings

We bought our 2016 Reflections and it seemed to be a great camper. Bought it in late April and were very excited to start camping with it had some small thing at first with the automatic jacks or leveling system took it back to our dealer they were very helpful and they took care of it no problems. Second season I noticed that on the left hand side I could see movement when I hooked and unhooked I noticed when I would be pulling it I could see movement on the same side other side was fine. Took it to the dealer again and they agreed we had a problem called Grand Design and they wanted photos so we took some and sent them to Grand Design they rejected he claim so then the dealers warranty person called them and they said well maybe we do have something going on with it finish your camping season when you are done bring it into the dealer and they can check it out. I took it back as scheduled they took it apart and found that the main support on the wall on the overhang area was not connected to the uprights in the wall never had been welded but Grand design said the movement was normal and would not repair it and denied the warranty request. So I would say they have a really questionable warranty and not a very well built camper. Would not recommend purchasing one of these lemons. I have owned 4 camper and this is by fare the worst one that I have owned.
- Larry Vogel, North Dakota

2018-11-07 2018 Grand Design Reflection 28BH View Listings

This RV is INCREDIBLY awesome. Grand Design is the brand we will always stick with. Only used the unit 3 times but every time was amazing and very simple. Unfortunately, family problems have brought on some financial burdens to our life so we need to sell the unit ASAP to alleviate financial stress.
- Christian Cox, New Jersey

Verified Owner

2018-11-05 2018 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS View Listings

We have had this Fifth Wheel for one year, and it has been in the repair shop for over four months of this period. It has a factory flaw in the large slide out, which has caught the flooring two different times, and ripped up the vinyl. Sprads RV, Reno, keeps telling us the flooring is on it's way, but as of today it is still at their repair shop. We have also had problems with the spare tire (another factory flaw), leaky shower, various screws coming out from the blinds, etc. We now have an attorney regarding these problems.
- John Gardner, Nevada

2018-10-01 2016 Grand Design Reflection 313RLTS View Listings

Buyer beware!!!! Purchased a 2016 Reflection in 2015 (currently 3 years old). Since the purchase of model # 313RLTS we have had replaced the following items: 3 separate water valves, the convertor, the microwave, and now the AC/Heater needs replaced after three short years and only five uses. When we contacted Grand Design, we got the AC/Heater had a year warranty only. WOW all these items have gone wrong in three years. Most people would say you bought a lemon and they would be right. We owned one other travel trailer that in 10 years we never once had to have it fixed. Grand Design loves to sell their product on the workmanship of the product, however when something goes wrong they quote warranty and will pass the buck and give you the manufacturers number, so you can deal with them. Poor Service, Poor Product, and they got our money. DON’T BUY FROM THEM AND TELL ALL YOUR FRIENDS THE SAME THING.
- Susan Livingston, Colorado

2018-09-10 2018 Grand Design Reflection 367BHS View Listings

I’ve enjoyed the durability and overall comfort of this unit quite well. The kitchen layout takes advantage of every square inch without feeling overcrowded. We both really enjoy having the entertainment unit right across from the couch, and not having to sit at the dinner table looking 90 degrees in order to see the tv. It’s been warm in the winter months, and cools down well for its size in the heat. The hydraulic leveling system needed to be calibrated, which our dealer failed to do. However, the system has worked flawlessly ever since. I’d recommend this unit to someone full-time living or just getting away on an extended vacation. It’s very nice to look at, but you don’t feel like you’re gonna break it all the time.
- Mr. Wesley Foster, Washington

2018-08-24 2018 Grand Design Reflection 312BHTS View Listings

love my 312 , this is the second GD I've owned haven't had any trouble with either one . built well and this is one that gets used a lot ,not just sitting in the yard.large bathroom with lots of storage through out , in the winter it stays in south Louisiana as my fish camp so the all season protection gives me peace of mind of it not freezing to pieces . i'll definitely buy another one
- James Love, Mississippi

2018-08-18 2017 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS View Listings

Bought a 2017 Reflection 303rls while we were in Michigan. We’ve had a few issues, but Grand Design guy, Brad, was wonderful. When I tell people how we were treated by Grand Design they stand with their mouths open. I can’t say enough how much I appreciate him and the company. I just couldn’t buy another brand after my experience. We love our 303rls.
- Rudy M, Oklahoma

2018-08-15 2016 Grand Design Reflection 29RS View Listings

It’s been great, no issues after full timing on the road for over a year.we had to get one slide adjusted and the tank sensor lights are not accurate except for the fresh water tank. I would definitely recommend this unit fir a couple who would like to full time.
- Tom Neeb, Wisconsin