Grand Design Reflection Reviews on RV Insider (138)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Grand Design Reflection RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

JB from Oregon says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2017 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS View Listings

From day one this unit has been problematic..first the heater duct was off going into the bedroom,could get no result from selling dealer...only excuses so took basement panels off and fixed myself..no screws in heater duct holding heater duct hose to plenum..only cheap tape..little wonder it fell off.It wont come off now.Then there was the shower...first use water all over the floor...again no help from selling dealer..just more excuses.Then after getting on roof to check vent covers dealer installed...found them to be out of alignment so couldn’t open vent...fixed myself since dealer only makes excuses.Then found numerous outside trim screws missing...after further investigation found most to broken off inside coach frame...looks like they were over tightened at factory...again no help from dealer...just excuses...I could go on but time and space would not allow it here.Buyer beware...better check it out good before you buy it...and don’t buy from local dealer in Pasco,Washington...be ready to fix things yourself.Grand Design really needs to have better quality control...or go back to the drawing board.
- JB, Oregon

2020-07-09 2017 Grand Design Reflection 313RLTS View Listings

This is the most comfortable camper I have owned. I really don't have any cons.Easy to park and set up. It has many extras.Comfortable furniture well made. Couch has a very comfortable bed. Big shower, walk around bed. Huge closet with washer and dryer connections.
- Tina Crews, North Carolina

2020-06-25 2016 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS View Listings

We have full timed in this unit for the past 3years and have totally enjoyed it. This RV is like new inside and out. 2nd air conditioning installed in the bedroom. Gas stove, electric and gas water heater, electric awning, sleeps 4, electric fireplace / heater Must sell due to health issues
- Bob Grunstra, North Carolina

2020-06-14 2016 Grand Design Reflection 30BH View Listings

I just bought my camper and have only had it for a month and the A/C needs replaced. It will not cool the living space. Major leak first day I had it. Personally I think the quality of Grand Design is horrible. I would not recommend and would not buy again.
- Connie Schumacher , Ohio

2020-06-13 2018 Grand Design Reflection 230RL View Listings

It’s a dream to tow - it’s a piece of cake to back up into a parking space - it’s so light weight I hardly noticed it was back there while towing it - it has an exceptional bathroom and a shower - it’s as big as the shower stall in my house
- Norman Strecker , California

2020-06-08 2016 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS View Listings

We were very happy with this coach but due to health issues we are no longer able to full time RV. Added a bedroom A/C unit it has a full 24” pantry closet to the left of the stove which now my wife loved. Power front leveling jacks, power rear stabilizing jacks, power awning, 40” led tv, DVD and disk stereo, fireplace with auxiliary heater. Many cabinets and storage.
- Bob Grunstra, North Carolina

2020-06-07 2016 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS View Listings

We bought the RV in September 2016 new. We like the floorplan and the auto leveling system. The problem we have encountered since the first 6 months of purchase is the furnace. It never worked and after many returns to the dealer for service we have given up. We were told the board gets wet and burns out. They said it must have gotten wet when we washed unit. Does not make sense since it gets wet when it rains. We just use an electric heater as needed. We use RV for weekend and couple weeks a year for camping. Now the leather recliners are peeling. It is a comfortable roomy unit but those issues are somewhat frustrating.
- Judy Carbone , Florida

2020-05-22 2018 Grand Design Reflection 28BH View Listings

We purchased this unit new from a dealership in Milwaukie, Or. We selected this unit because it has a nice floor plan for our family and my in-laws owned a Solitude that seemed to be of nice quality. I have owned several RV travel trailers and I am familiar with the ins and outs of them. From build to deliver to what should be a final inspection and then minor repairs and adjustments at time of purchase or preferably before purchase. This unit seemed as good or better than any of our previously purchased rvs. However, time will tell. Turns out the air ducting into the front bedroom was loose and fell off. The dometic thermostat and control panel was defective. The outside refrigerator brackets were ripped out of the wall. The shelf in the compartment next to the outside refrigerator was cheaply made with a flimsy base that sagged within one month of normal use. The awning was twisted due to the fabric being incorrectly installed on the roller. The kitchen cabinet under the sink has misaligned doors that basically need to be completely rebuilt due to unsuccessful attempts at fixing which caused to many holes for the hinges. The table does not sit flat. Leans to the inside. The hot water heater would not ignite. And the biggy, Grand Design did not follow dometic installation recommendations for the refrigerator. The specs say no more than a quarter inch of space between the refrigerator and the walls of the cabinet it is installed in. Grand design had as much as six inches on one side and about ten inches at the top. The so called baffle intended to direct the heated air from operation outside the top vent was warped and just hung loose from the ceiling of the slide out. All of the heated air was just surrounding the refrigerator compromising its ability to cool and stay cool. After a year of in and out of the dealer and constantly communicating with the dealer and Grand Design I began to realize that I was simply being blown off. They all have their basic test protocols and supposedly all the tests showed the refrigerator functions properly. Except the tests were never done in real world conditions. 80 degree days, full of food, the doors being open and closed, etc. After I finally gave up on Grand Design and the dealer I decided what do I have to loose? I pulled the refrigerator out myself and that’s when I discovered the shameful installation attempt on Grand Designs part. The space and the baffle faults. The insulation they put in around the refrigerator was pathetic as well. The bare minimum literally. It may as well not even been there. I reinstalled the unit using foam board insulation filling 100% of the gaps at the sides and the top. I created a baffle that literally does not allow the intended exhausted air from the fans at the rear to go anywhere except out of the upper side vent. Guess what? Now the refrigerator stays cool. No more fluctuations from 37 degrees to more than 50 degrees through the day. No thanks to Grand Design or the dealer. As far as all the other things I mentioned, I also fixed myself. The final inspections from Grand Design and the dealer was a fail if even performed. Grand Design claimed to be a company who wanted to take all of the things they learned from working at previous RV companies and the things they have learned from past customer feedback and improve on these things. Especially in the customer service aspect. My personal experience is they are no different at all. Yes they may have their top of the line model and may be better than average. But really? What does that mean? I experienced all of the same issues dealing with Grand Design as with any other average company who looks out for their best interests over the consumer. The best trailer I ever owned as far as quality and functionality was a Keystone Outback. I was hoping it would be our new Reflection. Sadly it turned out to no Grand Design at all.
- Jeremy Imes, Oregon

2020-04-24 2019 Grand Design Reflection 315RLTS View Listings

We have been looking at several models to upgrade from our Puma. We kept coming back to the Reflection 315RLTS. It was the perfect trailer for our seasonal camping lot at the lake. Picked it up the first week of February and set it for the season Mid-March. A couple of small problems and have got most of them fixed and have the parts and information to fix the rest this weekend. We really love the room in this trailer. So much storage space and just well built. I am excited to start the season off in a new trailer and hopefully it will be worry free.
- Mark Vanderpool, Missouri

2020-04-24 2019 Grand Design Reflection 297RSTS View Listings

What we like: 1. The floor plan. We like bedroom/bath at one end. 2. The theater seats. Leather, fully reclining, heat, massage, compartments, lights. 3. Fireplace. Multiple flame and heat settings. 4. Range. Glass top cover, and the blue lights are a really nice touch. 5. Microwave. Both convection and standard microwave with racks. 6. Bathroom. Roomy shower with glass doors. Small linen. 7. Fluid capacities. We like the large capacities for dry camping. 8. Walk on roof. Love this feature for sweeping off debris. 9. Insulated slide-outs. We like to camp in cool/cold weather. 10. Insulation in general. (Fully) 11. Nautilus station. Great feature. What we Don’t Like: 1. The dinette (we ordered with chairs). Two of the chairs were folding chairs(?) It’s very cramped. The dinette sits in a tight corner between the hutch, windows, and theater chairs. 4 regular sized adults cannot sit together at the table. In addition one of the folding chairs broke apart first day.(GD did replace at no charge, and gave us 2 standard chairs in exchange, per our request, for the folding ones.) 2. The kitchen slide-out. You have to partially stand on the raised edge of the slide-out when using the range and the counter next to it. Either that or you have to stand sideways if you want your feet on the floor. Your foot looks like this / (heel on the floor, ball of foot on top of the slide edge). 3. The awning doesn’t extend properly. (We’ve had issues from day one). When fully extended it rests on top of the kitchen slide out. 4. Bathroom sink faucet is too small (short). You cannot fit both hands under the faucet at the same time. 5. The tank release rods are skinny/flimsy and the black valve has been hard to close.(We’ve had a couple of ugly episodes)
- Lesa Goforth , Washington

2020-04-24 2016 Grand Design Reflection 313RLTS View Listings

Overall I love this camper the only complaint is the screws on the outside of the unit are aluminum and some of them were either striped or the heads popped off the color beige replacement screws are difficult to find in my area and would probably need to be a size larger to tighten up in the holes that are stripped
- Bob parker, Tennessee

2020-04-23 2019 Grand Design Reflection 315RLTS View Listings

I've owned two previous travel trailers prior to this. Neither was a Grand Design and both had more than their share of problems. When we first took delivery, we went through it with a fine-toothed comb, looking for any problem at all - Even the smallest problem. The only thing that I found was that, when I turned the stereo up really loud, with the bass cranked up, one of the interior speakers rattled. A turn of the screwdriver, on one screw, solved that. This unit has enough amenities to call it "Glamping" without a huge price tag. I honestly haven't found anything that's a negative. I would absolutely, and have, recommend this unit, or any Grand Design unit, to friends and family. Grand Design did a very good job at maximizing features and quality without making you break the bank.
- Tim , New York

2020-04-23 2018 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS View Listings

I've been RVing over 20 years, and have owned 3 other brands in that time. This is my first 5th wheel and first Grand Design product. It will not be my last Grand Design. Overall quality is better than most brands. Factory support for a warranty repair that I made myself because I didn't have time to get a dealer appointment was excellent. The 2018 owners' rally was a lot of fun, and everyone I met from the factory was extremely helpful and knowledgeable. Thank you Grand Design!
- Steve Brown, Massachusetts

2020-04-13 2017 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS View Listings

One of the best 5th Wheels I have ever owned, with one of the best warranties on the market. While others were having to have things replaced, I was just enjoying it. I would recommend Grand Design
- Jerry Wilder, Florida

2020-04-08 2019 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS View Listings

We purchased our 5th wheel new, 2 years ago. The manufacturer and design are great. We camp one (1) to two (2) times a month and enjoy it every time. Our Reflection is very comfortable and roomy, whether you are making food around the island, watching T.V.,using the bathroom, or sleeping in the bedroom. What a great floor plan. We have plenty of storage in the pass thru and storage in the tanks. We enjoy are Reflection so much we are considering upgrading to a Solitude for extra length. Our friends and family camp as well, they all have a different manufacturer. Grand Design stands at the top. From the look, appliances, accessories, comfort-ability, and design. Do your research but take it from a happy couple that would highly recommend the Grand Design Reflection 337RLS. Happy Camping!
- Daniel & Debbie Noe, California

2020-04-05 2017 Grand Design Reflection 297RSTS View Listings

My husband and I purchase a 2017 Reflections 297RSTS Grand Design (New)@ B&B RV. This was our first time we purchase a new RV. Grand Design was a RV you can live in. That’s what we were told the only trailer with that warranty. We picked this model because it had a spot to have a washer& dryer. B&B install we went back 3 time to pick up but it was not ready the light on front of trailer one didn’t work. We pd extra for cilajet . For the xtra protection for surfaces inside. Since we made the trip x3 they delivered it for free for their having it not ready for us to take home. When it arrive their was things that we noticed after a week the extra protection their was two spots were it had dried with dripping. The stove burner one never worked the washer&dryer fell threw . We were working a lot out of town and didn’t stay in the RV for over a year. My husband died . So I went back home to this beautiful trailer ,that’s when I remember the stuff that has gone wrong already now the fire place stop working and one speaker don’t work. . But it’s been 3 years now and no more warranty. ($43889.59 total paid )our other older trailer we wished we would of just kept it and not purchase this Beautiful RV it’s not worth it all! Yes what a Beautiful nice and great floor plan. But how disappointing I am and to be a widow and my place I live in has been nonstop things wrong with it!! This is not top of the line RV as they said and paid for This RV is not cheap to buy. The worst spent investment I have ever purchased in my life. Make sure when you go to look at RV even Brand new ones make sure you have inspected every little thing try to turn on and off everything. Just because one thing works don’t mean it work like it should exactly and theirs no one to help you . Once you have noticed the defect. It’s your problem and not cheap to fix. PS take propane so you can make sure all works like it should!! Very Very Disappointed with this Trailer. And we never even traveled anywhere, thank goodness because it is junk and who know what else would of went wrong. NOT WORTH THE MONEY WE PAID. And plan on paying for everything that goes wrong with it once it leaves the lot.
- Carolyn Grisham, California

2020-04-04 2017 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS View Listings

We have lived full time in our 2017 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS 5th wheel since it was bought new. We were staying in an RV Park in Del-ray Beach Fl, and got to see other types of 5th wheels and Class A motor homes, and the amount of repairs that were being performed were unreal. We had one problem with a window and Grand Design didn't hesitate when it came to getting someone out to fix it, while all the other repairs for other units were taking weeks on weeks to be taken care of,if they were taken care of. I would recommend The Grand Design Reflection 337RLS whole heartily to anyone. Jerry
- Jerry Wilder, Florida

2020-03-14 2019 Grand Design Reflection 312BHTS View Listings

Had about 20 issues with multiple trips back to dealer. The worst were: Bedroom door trim and jamb cracked and not closing properly. Frame had surface rust and rusty welds from day 1. Shower track leaked. Slide carpet crooked. Entry door hard to close. Skirt braces (3) not attached due to broken screws. While they claim to be "head and shoulders" above the rest of the industry, they aren't. This brand, like 99% of them all, is slapped together as fast as possible. Expect issues and trips back and forth to dealer, which can get expensive and annoying. The manufacturer does have good warranty support.
- Jeff Stornelli, Florida

2020-02-23 2020 Grand Design Reflection 297RSTS View Listings

On order, grand design 297rsts, 2020. Been looking for a couple yrs. many choices, impressed with this layout just right for us 2. Nice decor up graded,lots of room just seem to be all around a better quality. Most of the reviews were very positive to good to bad. These negative seem to be with dealerships, bad customer service. You want the best for your money, their not cheap! Do you get what you paid for? Looking forward to hitting the road, Will sent review later on overall satisfaction with trailer. Had to give rating for last two to submit reviews , do your research on manufacture, good dealerships, lots to do!
- Jeff & Virginia., Ontario

2020-02-16 2018 Grand Design Reflection 29RS View Listings

Pretty good layout for a smallish 5th wheel.auto level is great.cabinetry looks good but is held together with staples. Repaired a few drawers already. Probably Have about 15,000 miles so far. Factory repairs on water heater went well. Customer support is good.Frame spring bracket broke. Very scary
- Warren Nelson, Florida

2020-02-06 2019 Grand Design Reflection 311BHS View Listings

This RV is beautiful inside and out. Has lots of storage and could be used for recreational camping or full-time RV’ing. Many great features. Full size fridge, outdoor kitchen, very comfortable and roomy. One full bath and one half bath located in the bunkhouse area which is great for kids. Too many features to list.
- Margie, Texas

2020-02-03 2018 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS View Listings

Bought this brand new, I was real excited to go out on it. After the first trip the fridge went out while I was out camping, I called the dealer, spoke with the maintenance manager and he told me to turn it off for a while then back on. Still didn't work lost all my food I took it in three times to the dealer before they decided to replace it, seems to be working well so far, then the couch broke apart and the slide out seals ripped apart. again back to thee dealer ( ALOHA RV ) They replaced the couch and I had to call Grand Design for the seals, which they did ship them to me. I really do like the fact that this unit is very easy to tow and maneuver, the floor plan is what wanted and so far all is working well. Grand Design really needs to take a look at the quality for this units, they claim to be a high quality unit but it is just all talk. I guess next time I buy a new unit I will go back to Montana.
- David, New Mexico

2020-01-30 2019 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS View Listings

We love the interior and get lots of compliments on our The problem we are having is a structure issue. We discovered while trying to find the source of a horrid smell from decaying rodents in the inaccessible area connected to the storage compartments that runs under the bathroom, the steps to the bedroom and behind the buffet drawers. After removing the drawers, we could see that all of the wires and plumbing pipes were manufactured without any attempt to rodent proof access to the undercarriage of the RV. No foam, or steel wool, or any other means of closing up the extra wide holes the utilities come through. The stench is gut wrenching and permeates everything inside our home. Nothing takes it away. I don't think we can open up the area to fill the holes without causing damage to the unit. We are very disappointed with this issue!! I can't have people come to visit because the odor is so bad. Eating indoors is nearly impossible with the smell of rotting carcasses over powering the taste of food. My fear is that this is just the first critter in a long line of relatives to get into our home and die. HELP! My 5 star ratings have not been tested areas of usage excepting that of livability.
- Adrienne Hoxie, California

2020-01-29 2019 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS View Listings

Wow! This is an incredible RV. We LOVE it! It feels as if one is still at home when you travel. Everything is super nice and very livable. We've not had any problems at all. We WILL but another Grand Design in the future.
- Steve Winegardner, Tennessee

2020-01-27 2018 Grand Design Reflection 28BH View Listings

We have been more than pleased with the Grand design reflection 28BH! It is so hard to find the perfect floorplan for a family with 2 little ones without sacrificing a lot of other useful features, but this model was the perfect mix of beautiful loving space, large bunk beds, plenty of storage, and great finishes. The 2018 28BH model still has the two double bed sized bunks that allow plenty of room for growing boys, but without wasting a ton of space on a separate bunk room. The overall build quality seems excellent, we haven't had a single issue in the 2 years we've had ours so far. We will definitely continue to look at Grand design units as we move through changing stages of our lives.
- Mike, Washington