Grand Design Reflection Reviews on RV Insider (151)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Grand Design Reflection RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

JB from Oregon says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2017 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS View Listings

From day one this unit has been problematic..first the heater duct was off going into the bedroom,could get no result from selling dealer...only excuses so took basement panels off and fixed myself..no screws in heater duct holding heater duct hose to plenum..only cheap tape..little wonder it fell off.It wont come off now.Then there was the shower...first use water all over the floor...again no help from selling dealer..just more excuses.Then after getting on roof to check vent covers dealer installed...found them to be out of alignment so couldn’t open vent...fixed myself since dealer only makes excuses.Then found numerous outside trim screws missing...after further investigation found most to broken off inside coach frame...looks like they were over tightened at factory...again no help from dealer...just excuses...I could go on but time and space would not allow it here.Buyer beware...better check it out good before you buy it...and don’t buy from local dealer in Pasco,Washington...be ready to fix things yourself.Grand Design really needs to have better quality control...or go back to the drawing board.
- JB, Oregon

2020-09-15 2019 Grand Design Reflection 311BHS View Listings

Grand Design did a fantastic job with this RV, extremely livable with all the comforts of home. Reliable platform and equipped with quality appointments make this unit a pleasure to own. We have made great memories in our 311BHS.
- Benjamin Longobardi, Massachusetts

2020-09-06 2016 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS View Listings

Bought 303 Rls at Hayes Rv in Longview Tx. I have taken Rv in twice for satellite hookup not working and water lines crossed. Nothing was fixed correctly. Fire place quit, plug bad . Mice get in easily, cannot find why ? Dual sofa headrest vinyl has gone bad. Hope I can get rid of and buy something else like Jayco!!!
- Carroll Kelton , Texas

2020-08-25 2020 Grand Design Reflection 315RLTS View Listings

Love the design Cannot resolve refrigerator issues Live here full time Dealer has no answers after 3 weeks! Buying ice getting old My unit was < 90 days old If there is no resolution soon, may drive to Lee family trailers and leave it...
- Ellen MacCallum , Maine

2020-08-22 2017 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS View Listings

We LOVE this RV! Have had a couple of issues but they were quickly resolved by Dealer and Grand Design! We bought this new because of the openness of the floor plan and overall design. I pull with a RAM 2500 and have had ZERO problems, pulls like a dream! The included fireplace is a huge plus and heats the entire coach even on regular power.
- Jim , California

2020-08-20 2021 Grand Design Reflection 29RS View Listings

Adam iznnucc, this guy is unbelievable, went out of way several times to please us. Ran Into a few problems and he personally took control to correct them. Awesome customer service from the entire service dept
- Tony i, Connecticut

2020-08-18 2020 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS View Listings

We purchased the 320 in May from a dealer in Pasco, WA. Price was right, follow up good and an issue we had was dealt with promptly. Problem: they are 300 miles away. The local dealer in Boise is of no use since they only do warranty work on units they sell. Had their price been in the ballpark, we would have. Not even close. We have had mostly QC issues and I have been able to fix most. Replaced 5 drawer latches. TV was crooked; 1 inch higher on left. Shower door frame leaked. Wall behind closet door pulled loose causing door to drag. All the staples came out. Pedestal on dining table wobbly, had to beef up screws. Heater stopped working (dealer replaced). Jacks on TV not properly connected. No signal getting through (dealer and I fixed). Peeves: this is our 4th fifth wheel, and the last two had hydraulic jacks all around including landing gear. Having to get down to pull pins to drop the gear and retract, a true pain. Lastly, the dump drains are divided into two separate connections. Black and gray on one, disconnect, and attach to kitchen tank. I have owned several RVs over the years and never saw this. Did not think it was a problem at first. It is! We love the layout and know none are perfect. You have a cabin on wheels subjected to constant earthquakes. It’s a wonder they last at all. But from the factory?
- Ken, Idaho

2020-08-11 2017 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS View Listings

Note: we did not have a factory warranty but I had to fill in the ratings so I picked the middle one. I only purchased my first fifth wheel new so we could see if we liked the camping experience without having to factor in any issues from having a used one. Since then we've owned three more. I'm more than happy to let somebody else get all of the factory issues ironed out and suck down that first couple of years depreciation. We purchased this GD Reflection from a couple that had used it four times, then parked it after his eye surgery. He finally decided he didn't want to pull a trailer anymore so he put it on CraigsList and a greatly reduced price. We snapped it up. The only issue we had was that the grease seals during this manufacturing had turned out faulty on some units and they leaked. I pulled all of the wheels, installed new seals and cleaned and repacked the bearings. Only one was starting to get wet inside the brake hub but better safe than to find out later on I should have replaced them. This unit is much better quality than our (then) top of the line Forest River Cardinals (we had two of them).
- Robert, Washington

2020-08-07 2019 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS View Listings

Imagine, yourself  in a Reflection 337RLS fifth wheel, setup at your favorite RV park for a month or traveling for yrs.  You wake up near at your favorite campsite but you find it either too hot or raining, not to worry you can set up your chairs and sit under one of the two awnings while you decide to unload the outdoor gear from the unobstructed pass-through compartment.  Once you are finished getting your z's , you just may want to venture in for lunch, dinner, snacking or just relax on the theater seating-oh did I mention they are heated and vibrate! The Reflections kitchen allows you to make just about any meal you desire, in the full bathroom is a "must have garden shower- (seat in shower ). You will find plenty of seating for everyone to watch the 40" TV, and the tri-fold sofa bed allows you to invite overnight guests.  The Reflection line by Grand Design offers luxury along with providing easy towing with the aerodynamic front cap including Max Turn Radius to your favorite destinations. The Universal All-In-One docking station, LP Quick Connect, and One-Touch awning CONTROL  with LED LIGHTING, Lippert AUTO GROUND LEVELING Inside-one touch leveling ( nice ), you will find the bedroom is complete with a pillowtop queen mattress, a king size wardrobe, oversized underbed storage, W/D connection and much more!  The Arctic 4-Seasons Protection package allows you to camp anywhere and anytime of the year. This Grand Design Reflection 337RLS pulls incredible-when passed by a truck the REFLECTION does not sway at all even when passed by 2 trucks on Left and Right side.
- Rob Crenshaw, Texas

2020-08-03 2019 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS View Listings

We have had Travel Trailer for years, sold the last one around 2012. We started look Nov, Dec 2019 for another TT, with a little research the recommended TT was GD. We saw a couple that we liked but they were not 100% of what we wanted. SOOO, we lookd at 5th wheels, we loved the 320MKS, since purchase, the gas water heater circuit board failed, took dealer 2 boards the get fixed. An issue with microwave heat defuser, factory recall on wiring underneath, Hoping this isn't a lemon, this is a nice trailer, it tow's well, comfortable, spacious, but I hate the damn TV Stereo combo, you can't see the remote unless you have a magnifying glass. I give it 4 out of 5.
- Doug Van Deusen, Virginia

2020-07-30 2020 Grand Design Reflection 315RLTS View Listings

We bought our unit in April, got it home and put a memory foam topper on the bed. We have been sleeping in it since. 1 trip to the coast so far and every thing is working the way it should. I did break the window on the bedroom slide from weed eating around the trailer. Called the dealer and it was fixed in 2 weeks. So far everything is working fine and I don't expect any problems. Come October we will be living in it full time. Most of the problems I heard about in Rv units is the dealers are not listening to the owners and doing the right thing. We have a fabulous dealer we got our at with 2 locations, one being 8 miles away. So far so good . We love our Reflection.
- Ray Brooks , Washington

2020-07-27 2018 Grand Design Reflection 367BHS View Listings

I have had a terrible experience with my Grand Design. I have a 2018 Grand Design Reflection 36BHS and since I owned it I have to had the A/C go out, replace the refrigerator, (Dometic appliances) the oven keeps turning off, replace ceiling vent in bathroom. When towing I have to take all my clothes from the closet, because the cloth rod will break. The heated and message theater seats stop working. I have called customer service and the have not been able to help on any issue. I had purchased the 5th wheel used (6 months old). Grand Design does not honor warranties if you purchase use, even though it is within 1 year period from original owner.
- Angelo , California

2020-07-22 2021 Grand Design Reflection 29RS View Listings

This is admittedly an early review as we've only had our fiver for a few weeks. However, I've seen enough already to have a negative opinion about quality of my RV. The rubber roof on our 29RS was not well adhered along the edges, both on the main box and also on the slides. This was fixed under warranty, but the vehicle should never have left the factory. Furthermore, a close inspection of the Furrion electronics chosen by Grand Design for my unit reveals very mediocre design, build, and documentation quality. Sheet metal used in the microwave is so thin that it readily bends, and documentation calls for bi-annual replacement of a charcoal filter that doesn't exist as a purchasable item according to Furrion customer support. Other aspects of the trailer are great, but the facts that I'm already shopping for an alternative brand microwave, and that I'm already thinking of getting rid of the fireplace, perhaps replacing it with storage, illustrate my low regard for those Furrion appliances.
- Charles Rollman, Colorado

2020-07-22 2020 Grand Design Reflection 312BHTS View Listings

I bought a “new” 312 bhts. It was under the promise of superior mfg and inspection process! However, In first year I was one to one on camping trips and trips to repair shop. It also had a lot of little detail issues that had to be fixed. (Closet rods too far forward for hangers - couch rubbed on wall - screws missed wood - shoddy wood used so cant hold screws - etc). These were things that anyone could see if it had been inspected as advertised. Then a flaw appeared in the decal at about 6 months. My dealer said bad decal - bring it in. It was on the sidewall where the roof and wall meet. When I took it in and the decal was removed, it was a hole in the wall that had been filled with BONDO in the mfg process and now cracked and letting moisture in. It was under a decal so not supposed to be seen.... So I was deceived in advertising of their process and sold a “new” unit that had been knowingly patched with bondo like a 2nd rate repair at a 3rd rate manufacturing place. Who pays 50k for what is supposed to be a higher end unit filled with bondo. Car dealers would be sued over this and would bend over backward to make it right. The dealer fixed it with fiberglass gel (good product). GD said they would stand behind that repair for the standard warranty but won’t promise there aren’t other bondo places. Trust was broken - they do not manufacture as promised and they are not honest in their inspection process as they claim. If you want fairy dust of advertising go with GD - If you want quality and truth - check with another mfg. I’d never have bought a “new” unit with bondo. But who does that..... well here’s one manufacturer who does.
- Rob , Kansas

2020-07-09 2017 Grand Design Reflection 313RLTS View Listings

This is the most comfortable camper I have owned. I really don't have any cons.Easy to park and set up. It has many extras.Comfortable furniture well made. Couch has a very comfortable bed. Big shower, walk around bed. Huge closet with washer and dryer connections.
- Tina Crews, North Carolina

2020-06-25 2016 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS View Listings

We have full timed in this unit for the past 3years and have totally enjoyed it. This RV is like new inside and out. 2nd air conditioning installed in the bedroom. Gas stove, electric and gas water heater, electric awning, sleeps 4, electric fireplace / heater Must sell due to health issues
- Bob Grunstra, North Carolina

2020-06-14 2016 Grand Design Reflection 30BH View Listings

I just bought my camper and have only had it for a month and the A/C needs replaced. It will not cool the living space. Major leak first day I had it. Personally I think the quality of Grand Design is horrible. I would not recommend and would not buy again.
- Connie Schumacher , Ohio

2020-06-13 2018 Grand Design Reflection 230RL View Listings

It’s a dream to tow - it’s a piece of cake to back up into a parking space - it’s so light weight I hardly noticed it was back there while towing it - it has an exceptional bathroom and a shower - it’s as big as the shower stall in my house
- Norman Strecker , California

2020-06-08 2016 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS View Listings

We were very happy with this coach but due to health issues we are no longer able to full time RV. Added a bedroom A/C unit it has a full 24” pantry closet to the left of the stove which now my wife loved. Power front leveling jacks, power rear stabilizing jacks, power awning, 40” led tv, DVD and disk stereo, fireplace with auxiliary heater. Many cabinets and storage.
- Bob Grunstra, North Carolina

2020-06-07 2016 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS View Listings

We bought the RV in September 2016 new. We like the floorplan and the auto leveling system. The problem we have encountered since the first 6 months of purchase is the furnace. It never worked and after many returns to the dealer for service we have given up. We were told the board gets wet and burns out. They said it must have gotten wet when we washed unit. Does not make sense since it gets wet when it rains. We just use an electric heater as needed. We use RV for weekend and couple weeks a year for camping. Now the leather recliners are peeling. It is a comfortable roomy unit but those issues are somewhat frustrating.
- Judy Carbone , Florida

2020-05-22 2018 Grand Design Reflection 28BH View Listings

We purchased this unit new from a dealership in Milwaukie, Or. We selected this unit because it has a nice floor plan for our family and my in-laws owned a Solitude that seemed to be of nice quality. I have owned several RV travel trailers and I am familiar with the ins and outs of them. From build to deliver to what should be a final inspection and then minor repairs and adjustments at time of purchase or preferably before purchase. This unit seemed as good or better than any of our previously purchased rvs. However, time will tell. Turns out the air ducting into the front bedroom was loose and fell off. The dometic thermostat and control panel was defective. The outside refrigerator brackets were ripped out of the wall. The shelf in the compartment next to the outside refrigerator was cheaply made with a flimsy base that sagged within one month of normal use. The awning was twisted due to the fabric being incorrectly installed on the roller. The kitchen cabinet under the sink has misaligned doors that basically need to be completely rebuilt due to unsuccessful attempts at fixing which caused to many holes for the hinges. The table does not sit flat. Leans to the inside. The hot water heater would not ignite. And the biggy, Grand Design did not follow dometic installation recommendations for the refrigerator. The specs say no more than a quarter inch of space between the refrigerator and the walls of the cabinet it is installed in. Grand design had as much as six inches on one side and about ten inches at the top. The so called baffle intended to direct the heated air from operation outside the top vent was warped and just hung loose from the ceiling of the slide out. All of the heated air was just surrounding the refrigerator compromising its ability to cool and stay cool. After a year of in and out of the dealer and constantly communicating with the dealer and Grand Design I began to realize that I was simply being blown off. They all have their basic test protocols and supposedly all the tests showed the refrigerator functions properly. Except the tests were never done in real world conditions. 80 degree days, full of food, the doors being open and closed, etc. After I finally gave up on Grand Design and the dealer I decided what do I have to loose? I pulled the refrigerator out myself and that’s when I discovered the shameful installation attempt on Grand Designs part. The space and the baffle faults. The insulation they put in around the refrigerator was pathetic as well. The bare minimum literally. It may as well not even been there. I reinstalled the unit using foam board insulation filling 100% of the gaps at the sides and the top. I created a baffle that literally does not allow the intended exhausted air from the fans at the rear to go anywhere except out of the upper side vent. Guess what? Now the refrigerator stays cool. No more fluctuations from 37 degrees to more than 50 degrees through the day. No thanks to Grand Design or the dealer. As far as all the other things I mentioned, I also fixed myself. The final inspections from Grand Design and the dealer was a fail if even performed. Grand Design claimed to be a company who wanted to take all of the things they learned from working at previous RV companies and the things they have learned from past customer feedback and improve on these things. Especially in the customer service aspect. My personal experience is they are no different at all. Yes they may have their top of the line model and may be better than average. But really? What does that mean? I experienced all of the same issues dealing with Grand Design as with any other average company who looks out for their best interests over the consumer. The best trailer I ever owned as far as quality and functionality was a Keystone Outback. I was hoping it would be our new Reflection. Sadly it turned out to no Grand Design at all.
- Jeremy Imes, Oregon

2020-04-24 2019 Grand Design Reflection 315RLTS View Listings

We have been looking at several models to upgrade from our Puma. We kept coming back to the Reflection 315RLTS. It was the perfect trailer for our seasonal camping lot at the lake. Picked it up the first week of February and set it for the season Mid-March. A couple of small problems and have got most of them fixed and have the parts and information to fix the rest this weekend. We really love the room in this trailer. So much storage space and just well built. I am excited to start the season off in a new trailer and hopefully it will be worry free.
- Mark Vanderpool, Missouri

2020-04-24 2019 Grand Design Reflection 297RSTS View Listings

What we like: 1. The floor plan. We like bedroom/bath at one end. 2. The theater seats. Leather, fully reclining, heat, massage, compartments, lights. 3. Fireplace. Multiple flame and heat settings. 4. Range. Glass top cover, and the blue lights are a really nice touch. 5. Microwave. Both convection and standard microwave with racks. 6. Bathroom. Roomy shower with glass doors. Small linen. 7. Fluid capacities. We like the large capacities for dry camping. 8. Walk on roof. Love this feature for sweeping off debris. 9. Insulated slide-outs. We like to camp in cool/cold weather. 10. Insulation in general. (Fully) 11. Nautilus station. Great feature. What we Don’t Like: 1. The dinette (we ordered with chairs). Two of the chairs were folding chairs(?) It’s very cramped. The dinette sits in a tight corner between the hutch, windows, and theater chairs. 4 regular sized adults cannot sit together at the table. In addition one of the folding chairs broke apart first day.(GD did replace at no charge, and gave us 2 standard chairs in exchange, per our request, for the folding ones.) 2. The kitchen slide-out. You have to partially stand on the raised edge of the slide-out when using the range and the counter next to it. Either that or you have to stand sideways if you want your feet on the floor. Your foot looks like this / (heel on the floor, ball of foot on top of the slide edge). 3. The awning doesn’t extend properly. (We’ve had issues from day one). When fully extended it rests on top of the kitchen slide out. 4. Bathroom sink faucet is too small (short). You cannot fit both hands under the faucet at the same time. 5. The tank release rods are skinny/flimsy and the black valve has been hard to close.(We’ve had a couple of ugly episodes)
- Lesa Goforth , Washington

2020-04-24 2016 Grand Design Reflection 313RLTS View Listings

Overall I love this camper the only complaint is the screws on the outside of the unit are aluminum and some of them were either striped or the heads popped off the color beige replacement screws are difficult to find in my area and would probably need to be a size larger to tighten up in the holes that are stripped
- Bob parker, Tennessee

2020-04-23 2019 Grand Design Reflection 315RLTS View Listings

I've owned two previous travel trailers prior to this. Neither was a Grand Design and both had more than their share of problems. When we first took delivery, we went through it with a fine-toothed comb, looking for any problem at all - Even the smallest problem. The only thing that I found was that, when I turned the stereo up really loud, with the bass cranked up, one of the interior speakers rattled. A turn of the screwdriver, on one screw, solved that. This unit has enough amenities to call it "Glamping" without a huge price tag. I honestly haven't found anything that's a negative. I would absolutely, and have, recommend this unit, or any Grand Design unit, to friends and family. Grand Design did a very good job at maximizing features and quality without making you break the bank.
- Tim , New York