Grand Design Reflection Reviews on RV Insider (124)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Grand Design Reflection RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

JB from Oregon says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2017 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS View Listings

From day one this unit has been problematic..first the heater duct was off going into the bedroom,could get no result from selling dealer...only excuses so took basement panels off and fixed myself..no screws in heater duct holding heater duct hose to plenum..only cheap tape..little wonder it fell off.It wont come off now.Then there was the shower...first use water all over the floor...again no help from selling dealer..just more excuses.Then after getting on roof to check vent covers dealer installed...found them to be out of alignment so couldn’t open vent...fixed myself since dealer only makes excuses.Then found numerous outside trim screws missing...after further investigation found most to broken off inside coach frame...looks like they were over tightened at factory...again no help from dealer...just excuses...I could go on but time and space would not allow it here.Buyer beware...better check it out good before you buy it...and don’t buy from local dealer in Pasco,Washington...be ready to fix things yourself.Grand Design really needs to have better quality control...or go back to the drawing board.
- JB, Oregon

2020-04-05 2017 Grand Design Reflection 297RSTS View Listings

My husband and I purchase a 2017 Reflections 297RSTS Grand Design (New)@ B&B RV. This was our first time we purchase a new RV. Grand Design was a RV you can live in. That’s what we were told the only trailer with that warranty. We picked this model because it had a spot to have a washer& dryer. B&B install we went back 3 time to pick up but it was not ready the light on front of trailer one didn’t work. We pd extra for cilajet . For the xtra protection for surfaces inside. Since we made the trip x3 they delivered it for free for their having it not ready for us to take home. When it arrive their was things that we noticed after a week the extra protection their was two spots were it had dried with dripping. The stove burner one never worked the washer&dryer fell threw . We were working a lot out of town and didn’t stay in the RV for over a year. My husband died . So I went back home to this beautiful trailer ,that’s when I remember the stuff that has gone wrong already now the fire place stop working and one speaker don’t work. . But it’s been 3 years now and no more warranty. ($43889.59 total paid )our other older trailer we wished we would of just kept it and not purchase this Beautiful RV it’s not worth it all! Yes what a Beautiful nice and great floor plan. But how disappointing I am and to be a widow and my place I live in has been nonstop things wrong with it!! This is not top of the line RV as they said and paid for This RV is not cheap to buy. The worst spent investment I have ever purchased in my life. Make sure when you go to look at RV even Brand new ones make sure you have inspected every little thing try to turn on and off everything. Just because one thing works don’t mean it work like it should exactly and theirs no one to help you . Once you have noticed the defect. It’s your problem and not cheap to fix. PS take propane so you can make sure all works like it should!! Very Very Disappointed with this Trailer. And we never even traveled anywhere, thank goodness because it is junk and who know what else would of went wrong. NOT WORTH THE MONEY WE PAID. And plan on paying for everything that goes wrong with it once it leaves the lot.
- Carolyn Grisham, California

2020-04-04 2017 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS View Listings

We have lived full time in our 2017 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS 5th wheel since it was bought new. We were staying in an RV Park in Del-ray Beach Fl, and got to see other types of 5th wheels and Class A motor homes, and the amount of repairs that were being performed were unreal. We had one problem with a window and Grand Design didn't hesitate when it came to getting someone out to fix it, while all the other repairs for other units were taking weeks on weeks to be taken care of,if they were taken care of. I would recommend The Grand Design Reflection 337RLS whole heartily to anyone. Jerry
- Jerry Wilder, Florida

2020-03-14 2019 Grand Design Reflection 312BHTS View Listings

Had about 20 issues with multiple trips back to dealer. The worst were: Bedroom door trim and jamb cracked and not closing properly. Frame had surface rust and rusty welds from day 1. Shower track leaked. Slide carpet crooked. Entry door hard to close. Skirt braces (3) not attached due to broken screws. While they claim to be "head and shoulders" above the rest of the industry, they aren't. This brand, like 99% of them all, is slapped together as fast as possible. Expect issues and trips back and forth to dealer, which can get expensive and annoying. The manufacturer does have good warranty support.
- Jeff Stornelli, Florida

2020-02-23 2020 Grand Design Reflection 297RSTS View Listings

On order, grand design 297rsts, 2020. Been looking for a couple yrs. many choices, impressed with this layout just right for us 2. Nice decor up graded,lots of room just seem to be all around a better quality. Most of the reviews were very positive to good to bad. These negative seem to be with dealerships, bad customer service. You want the best for your money, their not cheap! Do you get what you paid for? Looking forward to hitting the road, Will sent review later on overall satisfaction with trailer. Had to give rating for last two to submit reviews , do your research on manufacture, good dealerships, lots to do!
- Jeff & Virginia., Ontario

2020-02-16 2018 Grand Design Reflection 29RS View Listings

Pretty good layout for a smallish 5th wheel.auto level is great.cabinetry looks good but is held together with staples. Repaired a few drawers already. Probably Have about 15,000 miles so far. Factory repairs on water heater went well. Customer support is good.Frame spring bracket broke. Very scary
- Warren Nelson, Florida

2020-02-06 2019 Grand Design Reflection 311BHS View Listings

This RV is beautiful inside and out. Has lots of storage and could be used for recreational camping or full-time RV’ing. Many great features. Full size fridge, outdoor kitchen, very comfortable and roomy. One full bath and one half bath located in the bunkhouse area which is great for kids. Too many features to list.
- Margie, Texas

2020-02-03 2018 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS View Listings

Bought this brand new, I was real excited to go out on it. After the first trip the fridge went out while I was out camping, I called the dealer, spoke with the maintenance manager and he told me to turn it off for a while then back on. Still didn't work lost all my food I took it in three times to the dealer before they decided to replace it, seems to be working well so far, then the couch broke apart and the slide out seals ripped apart. again back to thee dealer ( ALOHA RV ) They replaced the couch and I had to call Grand Design for the seals, which they did ship them to me. I really do like the fact that this unit is very easy to tow and maneuver, the floor plan is what wanted and so far all is working well. Grand Design really needs to take a look at the quality for this units, they claim to be a high quality unit but it is just all talk. I guess next time I buy a new unit I will go back to Montana.
- David, New Mexico

2020-01-30 2019 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS View Listings

We love the interior and get lots of compliments on our The problem we are having is a structure issue. We discovered while trying to find the source of a horrid smell from decaying rodents in the inaccessible area connected to the storage compartments that runs under the bathroom, the steps to the bedroom and behind the buffet drawers. After removing the drawers, we could see that all of the wires and plumbing pipes were manufactured without any attempt to rodent proof access to the undercarriage of the RV. No foam, or steel wool, or any other means of closing up the extra wide holes the utilities come through. The stench is gut wrenching and permeates everything inside our home. Nothing takes it away. I don't think we can open up the area to fill the holes without causing damage to the unit. We are very disappointed with this issue!! I can't have people come to visit because the odor is so bad. Eating indoors is nearly impossible with the smell of rotting carcasses over powering the taste of food. My fear is that this is just the first critter in a long line of relatives to get into our home and die. HELP! My 5 star ratings have not been tested areas of usage excepting that of livability.
- Adrienne Hoxie, California

2020-01-29 2019 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS View Listings

Wow! This is an incredible RV. We LOVE it! It feels as if one is still at home when you travel. Everything is super nice and very livable. We've not had any problems at all. We WILL but another Grand Design in the future.
- Steve Winegardner, Tennessee

2020-01-27 2018 Grand Design Reflection 28BH View Listings

We have been more than pleased with the Grand design reflection 28BH! It is so hard to find the perfect floorplan for a family with 2 little ones without sacrificing a lot of other useful features, but this model was the perfect mix of beautiful loving space, large bunk beds, plenty of storage, and great finishes. The 2018 28BH model still has the two double bed sized bunks that allow plenty of room for growing boys, but without wasting a ton of space on a separate bunk room. The overall build quality seems excellent, we haven't had a single issue in the 2 years we've had ours so far. We will definitely continue to look at Grand design units as we move through changing stages of our lives.
- Mike, Washington

2020-01-18 2017 Grand Design Reflection 315RLTS View Listings

We brought our Brand New Grand Design Solitued 2017 RV.The floor plan is great! Alot of room,5 slides! We are fulltime campers. Our Problem is getting things FIXED! THAT'S OUR BIGGEST PROBLEM!! Manager in Service Department @ Dixie RV.in Calera AL. He's incompetent! He says he'll get things fixed. Never did Parts take forever,or he just forget to order! They order wrong parts,wrong size,wrong color,they measured it twice! That happened to us three times.I made an appointment with him 2 month in advance. We left early in morning to get the there on time. We made our 88 mile trip, Only for him to say he forgot and Can't take you today. Can you come back next week. That's over 175 miles round trip pulling our RV. Plus the cost of gas. When you get back home you lost your whole day! We have had things broken for over 2 years. These problems still exist today and haven't been resolved. We have leaks,mold in dining area, mold underbed,mold in closet,mold behind couch. Big drawer underbed broken & drags. My husband literally has to pick up big drawer and place it on top of bed so slide can come in. Closet doors keeps coming off track,our microwave went out,big window needs replacing & never done. The recliner that's supposed to warm doesn't work. As well as a few other things. Traveling around we missed our forever warranty by a few weeks. Service Manger said sorry your Forever warranty is void. So I called talked to someone in Corporate office about that. They said oh that's not a big deal! We would still honor your For Ever Warranty! Told him about the service manger at Dixie, he didn't want to. So now No warranty. I have work orders for what should of been done and never was, even when it was under warranty. Very dissatisfied with service from Dixie RV in Calera AL. Would I recommended a Grand Design solitude. yes DO NOT BUY A RV.FROM DIXIE RV!
- Mrs. Lea Tillman, Alabama

2020-01-07 2018 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS View Listings

Bought this 5th wheel based on good reviews regarding the manufacturer standing by its product. However after 3000 miles of lite towing the leaf spring on passenger side began coming apart grand design denied the warranty work as well as the manufacturer of the spring due to warranty expiration. I purchased the unit Sept 2017 towed it 3000 miles since then, and the leaf springs began coming apart. The RV has been in storage 95% of the time no reason for leaf springs to fail.
- Mitch Robison, Arizona

2019-12-29 2020 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS View Listings

This 337 is our first 5th wheel camper. We have traveled to Denver area and are experiencing water line freeze ups ! We were clear, that we planned to winter camp, and ordered all options to prevent winter trouble. We are keeping the propane furnace running during any cold periods.
- Jim, New York

2019-12-28 2017 Grand Design Reflection 315RLTS View Listings

We bought a brand new cougar fifth wheel, and have had nothing but problems with it! We have had 2 windows shatter for no reason. The hot water tank quit working. The burners on the stove don’t work anymore. The whole trailer is falling apart, the mouldings have come loose. We have only 5000 miles on it and all the tires are worn out, and nobody will do anything about it. Any time we see people at a campsite with a cougar trailer we ask them if they’re happy with it. They have all had issues with these trailers as well and wished they had never bought a cougar, just like us!! B
- Dwayne and Brenda Worth, California

2019-12-18 2018 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS View Listings

Took this RV to Utah and Arizona for a month. 3rd week in the CONVERTER was toast and the fire place stopped working. Had to spend $120 to have a mobile repair man tell us this. I’ll never see that money again. Had to sleep in 32 degree weather till we got it to Grand Junction where it is presently sitting. The floor in the bathroom creaks all the time. The support handle going up the stairs pulled out of the cheap 1/4 in. paneling the 1st week of ownership. I would highly recommend to everyone NOT to purchase this cheap piece of junk.....!!
- Joe Kemmerer , Colorado

2019-12-04 2019 Grand Design Reflection 29RS View Listings

This camper is exactly what we were looking for. Over all it's been great to camp in, unfortunately we had issues with one of the slides, Island countertop and a compartment door. We have owned this camper less than 10 months, this camper spent over 3 months at the dealer, we took it over twice for the same repair, they replaced the defective part 3 times. They never looked for the root cause for what was damaging the slide until after the third time. The dealer said that when they would receive the replacement parts that the parts were always damaged from Grand Design. When I contacted Grand Design to see if they would repair the camper at their facilities they said that they were booked up and asked me if the dealer could try to repair the camper again. I'm hoping that I never have to have it worked on again. My suggestion that if you are going to purchase a camper from a dealer investigate the service department to see if they have qualified personal to work on the campers. It's no fun waiting 3 months to get your camper back for the same repair.
- Larry, Indiana

2019-12-01 2014 Grand Design Reflection 293RES View Listings

Been to Florida with it twice. No problems Pulls nice Been to Eagle River Wisconsin I had to stay working so didn’t use it much Nice RV for a retired couple. We had plans to stay in Florida, but because of health issues we need to sell it
- Larry Brackemyer, Illinois

2019-11-26 2020 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS View Listings

We have a 2020 Reflection 5th wheel. We bought this because it was supposed to be a higher quality RV. For something that should be high quality it has the cheapest TV that you can buy and the built in DVD player is installed so if you sit on the couch you cannot use the remote you must get up and stand within 3 feet of the front of it to get it to work. Now the doors in the bathroom fall apart when you open it. It is now even glued together just a pressed fit. Never go by the temperature reading on the refrigerator it’s so far off when it reads 32 degrees a thermometer I put inside shows 41. This unit is made very cheap definitely not a higher quality RV
- Jerry stitzel, California

2019-11-17 2020 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS View Listings

The thermostat kept blowing out. Blue dog replaced the heater. Started having water leaks. Had service people come out replaced all the water lines. Heater heats up and causes water lines to heat up and leak.It needs a heat jacket on heater to stop the basement of 5th wheel from heating up.
- William Noble , Idaho

2019-11-05 2017 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS View Listings

We bought our unit new but this year we experienced a weak floor in front of refrigerator,stove and seating after 3 months waiting for appointment with our Dealer They advised us our floor problems are from moisture and they can not find where it is coming from. Manufacturer would not warranty. Obviously moisture had been happening for long time but dealer nor manufacturer would cover repair or damage. Floor had 3 year warranty according to warranty info but Manufacturer denied claim. Said out of warranty due to moisture. We do not know how moisture could get to the floor area without some structural problem. We have never had an accident or structure damage and roof and sides have been checked regularly. Loved our unit but now it is useless to us. Dealer and manufacturer dont care and offer no help.
- Ron, Missouri

2019-11-03 2015 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS View Listings

This trailer has been nothing but a headache since day one. The air conditioner leaked right into the living room area. Numerous issues with the control panel. Water leaks at the panel. We are forever replacing light bulbs in the hanging lights over the island. The stove had to have the ignition starter replaced within months of purchasing the unit. The gas heat in the unit does not turn off at any temperature setting. The furniture is junk. The love seat is flaking and pealing off the exterior cover. Here is the big factor: The trailer was delivered from the dealership to a permanent site and has never been moved. I can't imagine if we were pulling the trailer across country. The dealership has been little or no help in correcting the multiple problems. I would welcome anyone from the company to contact me. If you are considering a fifth wheel do not stop and look at any until from Grand Design.
- Linda Bell, Maryland

2019-10-14 2018 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS View Listings

We love are reflection 303 . I have been a lot of 5th wheels including pricey Ones also . Grand design in my book is modern luxury at its best And had a chance to go to a rally wow we met some of the grand design employees they are more then top notch
- Rick, New Jersey

2019-10-07 2018 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS View Listings

Really like the the floor plan , however day they delivered the trailer bedroom slide out wouldn’t go out unless you over rode the system. {They came out and replaced the motor } The shower leaked Then after one year the air conditioning went out one week later the hot water heater went out . Then when we went to close up this October once again the bedroom motor doesn’t work , again . This camper is permanently parked at a camp ground
- Ted &Cindy Baier, Wisconsin

2019-09-26 2018 Grand Design Reflection 29RS View Listings

We absolutely love the Reflection 29RS. It is nicer and more luxurious than our house in many ways. My wife loves the kitchen island with its deep farm-style sink and gorgeous countertops, the cabinetry, full size microwave/convection oven, and the ease of reaching everything she needs with just a few steps. There is also the convenient control center for controlling lights, hot water, eater pumps, checking disposal tanks, etc. I love the ease of hook up, the auto-leveling system, and the water hook up system. We both are in love with this RV, it is completely amazing in every way!
- Tim, Ohio