Grand Design Reflection Reviews on RV Insider (167)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Grand Design Reflection RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

JB from Oregon says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2017 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS View Listings

From day one this unit has been problematic..first the heater duct was off going into the bedroom,could get no result from selling dealer...only excuses so took basement panels off and fixed myself..no screws in heater duct holding heater duct hose to plenum..only cheap tape..little wonder it fell off.It wont come off now.Then there was the shower...first use water all over the floor...again no help from selling dealer..just more excuses.Then after getting on roof to check vent covers dealer installed...found them to be out of alignment so couldn’t open vent...fixed myself since dealer only makes excuses.Then found numerous outside trim screws missing...after further investigation found most to broken off inside coach frame...looks like they were over tightened at factory...again no help from dealer...just excuses...I could go on but time and space would not allow it here.Buyer beware...better check it out good before you buy it...and don’t buy from local dealer in Pasco,Washington...be ready to fix things yourself.Grand Design really needs to have better quality control...or go back to the drawing board.
- JB, Oregon

2021-01-05 2017 Grand Design Reflection 315RLTS View Listings

I bought my GD Reflection back in 2017 in GA and I've taken it to several states for work. It is overall a great camper and Ive had very minimal issues with it. The only thing i would have liked to have it come with was auto leveling.
- Callie Jones-Hughes, Wyoming

2020-12-16 2014 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS View Listings

The RV is great. The problem I have is the springs are to weak. Tires rub bottom of rv. Had a broken shackle. The tanks show 1/3 to 2/3 full. Gray water 2 valve wouldn't close. I took the valve apart and there was still 3 gallons of gray water that wouldn't drain. That is why the gauge doesn't show empty. The valve is lower than the drain. While in there I notice that they cut the support bracket and wired it up to the cross member. The valve was slimmed up because the water wouldn't drain. I took pictures.
- James D Cox, Nevada

2020-12-15 2019 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS View Listings

The perfect size (34 feet) to be very easy to tow, spacious and comfortable, as well as being a size most campgrounds can and will accommodate. Wife loves the island and countertop space and I really like the two awnings totaling 26'. Outside stove, fridge, and tv come in very handy. We both love the amt of storage inside and out as well.
- Ralph Gagner, Florida

2020-12-04 2016 Grand Design Reflection 313RLTS View Listings

I bought a 2020 gravity fifth wheel toy hauler a few months back. Trailer is amazing but we had a clogged black water tank and no one would come and help us out. I called plumbers, RV repair shops no one would come out and help us. However I Gave Chris from epic RV a call and he came out within a few hours (ON HIS DAY OFF) that is excellent customer service and he was able to fix our problem. Thank you Chris. If I ever need anything to do with our fifth wheel I know who I am calling.
- Jacob krucki, California

2020-11-23 2016 Grand Design Reflection 313RLTS View Listings

This 5th wheel has been towed 3 times and has the brakes fixed 3 times. Customer service is the worst, didn't save our records. Craftsmanship is nonexistent in this 5th wheel. Tip-out stopped working and of course, extended insurance won't cover anything. If we had the money to just throw it away, we would. Large tear under the couch back, looks like a worker had a knife when it was installed. Customer service actually said we must have done it, no way could we have gotten under there with a knife. Under the bar edge is black marker all over. We are almost 70 years old and this is by far the worst purchase of our lives. Do not purchase unless you want the biggest headache of your life,😟😟 really to bad I can't give this a minus 10 rating!!
- Roma Cassel, Idaho

2020-11-19 2019 Grand Design Reflection 315RLTS View Listings

This is a luxury vehicle. Covid made us live in it for 7 months. Very easy to live in. There was plenty of storage for our belongings. In fact a few drawers remained empty. The layout was planned very well. Loved the retractable awnings. Didn't have to go out to manually retract when the weather got really rainy or windy. Would definitely recommend this vehicle for the quality and comfort.
- Elaine Sturbaum, Ohio

2020-11-16 2021 Grand Design Reflection 240RL View Listings

Love the design, hate the workmanship. One trip 1300 miles 4 screws fell out, insulation around the hitch coming out, leaks around the slide,put on second AC unit instead of putting on low profile they put on a full sized one it looks terrible.The table mount pulled out of the floor,all 6 screws pulled out.im taking it back .sad I was hoping this would be the last one ,lm retireing in a year I need to go on looking
- Ed, Nebraska

2020-11-11 2020 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS View Listings

We liked the floor plan and look of the 5th wheel, took about two years to decide on manufacturer and model, bought in February of 2020 before the pandemic. After first few outings noticed a bad scrape in the kitchen floor, found a screw had been left under the slide with our kitchen table during manufacturing, after the third or fourth trip the lights in the bedroom slide and underneath quit working. Figured we just wait until end of season to get fixed under warranty. At the end of the season, I decided I should just fix it myself. Upon investigating the situation, the wiring for the lighting circuits in the slide are terminated and pinned to the floor under the base of the slide. From the factory or shortly thereafter two of the 3 casters that keep the slide base raised off the floor had screws stripped out, so the slide base was dragging on the carpet and ripped the wire connectors off the controlled the slide lights. I called Grand Design, twice, leaving my name and phone number with a description of the problem and a request for diagrams. That was about a month ago, haven’t heard back from anyone. So it was probably smart for me to have just fixed it myself, added theavier support casters to the middle sides of the base to take the pressure off the 3 original casters and relocated the original 3 slightly over to get into good wood on the base, didn’t strip a single screw. Original design of caster mounting seems problematic. Two lighting 12vdc circuits were simple, constant feed for inside overhead lights with individual shut off switches on lights for one circuit, other for outside lights of slide bottom fed through light switch mounted in understorage control panel by pump switch. Also used heavy plastic bracket on top of new bell connectors and screwed to floor to limit potential for tearing off should new caster design fail. Conclusion, not particularly impressed.
- Gary Knoble, Nebraska

2020-10-29 2017 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS View Listings

To whom it concerns. We purchased a Reflection 303 RLS In 2016. It is registered as a 2017. We have had numerous problems. First gas regulators (twice), then kitchen slide mechanism, a bad window needing replacement, drawer slides, water pump (twice), dump valve cables, the theater seats peeling, Fireplace replaced, had to have spring hangers rewelded and beefed up, wheel seals leaking, I haven't mentioned the end table shelf collapsing with nothing in it, two heat ducks not connected, the awning mounting brackets coming loose had to be refastened, couple electric outlets broke and now the worst. The roof leaks and the dining/living room slide is gouging the floor. This last part happened on our travels down to Texas from Custer State park in South Dakota. Apparently the roof membrane ballooned up and tore loose the caulking and now is loose and tore away from the front vent. The slide is digging into the vinyl flooring when it goes in and out. I contacted your customer service to be told so sorry but your out of warranty. The twelve year warranty on the roof dose not apply to installation. Totally useless warranty. Our trailer sits for about 10 months out of the year. I have taken great care of our trailer. Making sure everything is caulked or sealed, washing and waxing, repacking wheel bearings, replaced spring bushings, and added Sumosprings trailer helper springs because of unbalanced design from manufacturer. They only have capacity of 500 lbs at half compression. Helped with the tilt to the street side. From the factory 638 lbs heavier on street side empty. Replaced Westlake tires with Goodyear Endurance and had them balanced. I travel cautiously, no faster then 60 mph, try to avoid sharp turns and twisting as much as possible. Have had trailer weighed several times to make sure of loading. Never over loaded. We are at our witts end. This has totally destroyed my wife's desire to travel and volunteer at federal, state and county parks. Giving back for all the years we have camped. Back in 2003 we purchased a Hornet fifth wheel new and not one single problem with that trailer. We used that trailer a lot including living in it while I built our cabin. That trailer sat maybe 3 months of the year. We had it for seven years. We purchased a Grand Design based on what was supposed to be quality. We were wrong. We could have saved a lot of money and bought something cheap. I couldn't have been any worse. This has been our home for four years. Now because of your poor quality we will have to spend a lot of our savings to get this repaired just so we can sell it and get something out of it and will be giving up our life style. When I asked to speak to a supervisor that went no place. Just voice mail. Art
- Art, Wisconsin

2020-10-28 2018 Grand Design Reflection 297RSTS View Listings

JUNK! A multitude of problems ranging from poor quality manufacture (black water tank put in uneven so you could never get the sewage out) and it had an increasingly a horrible smell. It is not a 4 season trailer, the water lines froze at just under freezing and ruptured, unfortunately no dealer or repair service can help for a month. Frame is to light to support length. Thermostat is installed right over the furnace so it will not operate properly because the wall it is on stays hot. Finish on cabinets is so thin it wears off immediately. Single pane windows on a 4 season RV? not hardley!
- Don Weber, Utah

2020-10-26 2016 Grand Design Reflection 313RLTS View Listings

I'm looking for a small RV just big enough for me and my husband just needs something comfortable for the both of us just to live in and be happy in to put in a RV park and live in and en joy my husband is 65yrs old and I am 42 I just need Something that he can enjoy with me and comfortable enough for him when he get older and I have to take care of him
- Kami Clay, Texas

2020-10-20 2018 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS View Listings

I purchased this fifth wheel new in Dec. 2017. My wife and I have camped in it for a total of 290 nights, and have towed it 33000 miles in our nearly three years of ownership. We really love it for extended camping, and have spent a maximum of two months in it on a single trip. Our unit has the 12 cubic ft Dometic refrigerator and two A/C units. We only had two issues the first year of ownership - one was the kitchen slide tearing our floor (fixed by the dealer after getting Grand Design involved), and the other was failed heaters in the recliners (both recliners replaced under warranty by dealer). Recently, we had a microwave failure and a propane regulator leak, and I fixed both of these issues myself. With such heavy usage, I'm impressed that the unit is holding up pretty well. Of course, we have had a few very minor issues with wooden trim pieces or drawer catches loosening, but this is to be expected with all the miles we have put on the trailer. All in all, we are quite happy with the build quality and we love the luxury features such as the auto leveling system.
- Charles Robertson, Texas

2020-10-17 2018 Grand Design Reflection 315RLTS View Listings

Good unit. Sky light in roof is not a good structural design in roof trusses. Creates a weak point and roof sags. Called dealership in Sudbury and they agreed to get it fixed. The company “Grand Design” did not stand behind their boasting 3 year structural design and Polar 4 season. They told us to call our insurance.
- Ken Tellier, Ontario

2020-10-15 2021 Grand Design Reflection 29RS View Listings

This is an update from my prior review. The overall quality has been quite good, but I am very disappointed by the interior choices that were made. The Thomas Payne (Lippert) chairs have heat/vibrate/blue light functions that are controlled by touch switches in the cup holders. There is no obvious off position for each; you have to keep tapping them while seeking the lowest setting. And the heat and vibrate are constantly turning on inadvertently. No manual forthe chairs was provided. I’ve unplugged them and resent having paid for such a tacky feature. The Roku TV falls back to noisy advertising of what a great product it is whenever I’m not looking. And the combination of it and the Jensen sound system is not at all user friendly. There are a couple of dual USB power ports, one in the hutch and another over the bed. Only one port in each works due to poor connectors. To make matters worse, the ports won’t suuport two 2.1A loads at the same time. I’ve replaced one with a similar $8 product purchased from Amazon. I’ll do the other one next weekend. And, the big fancy microwave turns out to only be rated for 900W and is slow as molasses when heating at full power. In short, very poor choices in appliances were made. The 29RS otherwise is quite nice so far.
- Charles Rollman, Colorado

2020-10-13 2018 Grand Design Reflection 297RSTS View Listings

This trailer has been a problem from day 1. We purchased It in September 2018, took it out for a 1 week shake down where the hot water tank quit, the gas refrigerator quit and the front door continued to jamb. It was brought back for winter storage and repairs. April 2019 it was brought to an RV park where it stayed. Door still misaligned and the bedroom cupboard drawer bottoms fell out. The cabinet drawers are stapled In. Very cheap.September 2019 time to close up for the winter. The dinning slide would not close, it came in on an angle and jammed tight. Not covered by warranty or the extended warranty. The floor in this slide also fell out. It was taken to a repair facility and they advised that the rails were installed wrong. They were installed on enough of an angle to cause the jamming. Nice high bill. May 2020 opened up and we noticed the lamination on the cabinet stills were starting to bubble up. The doors are solid wood but the framing is cheap particle board. The next issue was the electrical boxes. When unplugging small appliances, the entire box came out of the cabinet. There were 2 recalls but they should have recalled the entire unit. We were misled on their statement of quality. We got rid of this lemon and purchased a different brand trailer. Stay away from Grand Design and save major headaches.
- Randolph Bondy, Ontario

2020-09-30 2019 Grand Design Reflection 367BHS View Listings

The floor plan is perfect for the family and it looks great with nice colors and decor. Unfortunately they took corners on some fairly key comfort elements. The mattresses on the beds are much less quality than other RV companies we've purchased from. We we're told the fit/finish was superior in Grand Design compared to others in the class, but I think they meant aesthetically. The most important thing for us is a good nights rest. In the case of the sleeping arrangements, warranty doesn't cover poor quality mattresses that flatten to the plywood after very little use, it only cover defects in poor quality mattress, which you'll likely never arrive at before upgrading. We were on the hook to purchase our own and we gave the mattress back (couldn't use it elsewhere for all the same reasons) so they could sell it to someone else. Sorry to whomever gets it, the mattress will likely end up in the landfill within a year if you weight 170lbs or more. The tri-fold beds end up being unequal heights for all three sections despite our best efforts to level them. The worst is the head section, so your head ends up being 2-3" lower than the rest of your body, resulting in a very uncomfortable sleep. We bought several different memory foams to attempt to get the right height/consistency, but results in a lot of extra stuff to carry around and store. I was told its Lippert's (?) fault because they supply them. I'm not sure how the company is set up, Lippert must be a supplier. When it rains, the rain is so loud on the tops of the slides that we ended up buying thick rubber mats to put on top of the slides and drown the sound. Just don't forget to remove them before putting slides in! From inside the camper the rain sounds very heavy even in a light rain. Pretty sure the previous campers had the rubber membrane to help this. They do sell awnings to cover the slides, quite expensive though and an add-on the customer would have to pay for. Oddly, all the faucet taps squeaked loudly when turned on from the first day and we had to take them all apart and use a silicone grease to quiet them. This was similar to the front door that needed a lot of adjustment to close on first pull. Minor stuff I guess, but they need this treatment every month or so. Tried different types of lubricants, silicone based seemed to last the longest before re-application. One quirky thing about the grey water system is that 2 of the 3 valves are nicely set up in the compartment, but the other is underneath the camper. Be prepared to crawl under the slide. Almost a great idea, then a fail on the third (kitchen) grey tank. The self-leveling mostly works, glitches on occasion and won't level the camper. The dealership had issues the day we did our walk-thru but I've since met another customer that has learned to avoid issues by digging soil down 3-4 inches. The fridge has an odd sound as they had to add more fans to allow it to cool properly. Its noticeable to the point that visitors ask if it should sound like that. Probably shouldn't, seems to have a personality on rainy days as well. We've changed out the pantry door latches to magnetic as we found the existing ones would bind if there was a temperature change from leveling day. Again not worth asking warranty to help. The stereo has bluetooth but quickly loses coverage if you go outside the camper. I don't really want to leave my cell phone inside the camper all the time, so its really only good if you sit inside. Otherwise no leaks but not 1-year old yet. Expect to pay extra to get a proper rest. Lots of goofy little things with this RV that we are always working on. Be prepared to get creative.
- Colin MacDonald, Saskatchewan

2020-09-15 2019 Grand Design Reflection 311BHS View Listings

Grand Design did a fantastic job with this RV, extremely livable with all the comforts of home. Reliable platform and equipped with quality appointments make this unit a pleasure to own. We have made great memories in our 311BHS.
- Benjamin Longobardi, Massachusetts

2020-09-06 2016 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS View Listings

Bought 303 Rls at Hayes Rv in Longview Tx. I have taken Rv in twice for satellite hookup not working and water lines crossed. Nothing was fixed correctly. Fire place quit, plug bad . Mice get in easily, cannot find why ? Dual sofa headrest vinyl has gone bad. Hope I can get rid of and buy something else like Jayco!!!
- Carroll Kelton , Texas

2020-08-25 2020 Grand Design Reflection 315RLTS View Listings

Love the design Cannot resolve refrigerator issues Live here full time Dealer has no answers after 3 weeks! Buying ice getting old My unit was < 90 days old If there is no resolution soon, may drive to Lee family trailers and leave it...
- Ellen MacCallum , Maine

2020-08-22 2017 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS View Listings

We LOVE this RV! Have had a couple of issues but they were quickly resolved by Dealer and Grand Design! We bought this new because of the openness of the floor plan and overall design. I pull with a RAM 2500 and have had ZERO problems, pulls like a dream! The included fireplace is a huge plus and heats the entire coach even on regular power.
- Jim , California

2020-08-20 2021 Grand Design Reflection 29RS View Listings

Adam iznnucc, this guy is unbelievable, went out of way several times to please us. Ran Into a few problems and he personally took control to correct them. Awesome customer service from the entire service dept
- Tony i, Connecticut

2020-08-18 2020 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS View Listings

We purchased the 320 in May from a dealer in Pasco, WA. Price was right, follow up good and an issue we had was dealt with promptly. Problem: they are 300 miles away. The local dealer in Boise is of no use since they only do warranty work on units they sell. Had their price been in the ballpark, we would have. Not even close. We have had mostly QC issues and I have been able to fix most. Replaced 5 drawer latches. TV was crooked; 1 inch higher on left. Shower door frame leaked. Wall behind closet door pulled loose causing door to drag. All the staples came out. Pedestal on dining table wobbly, had to beef up screws. Heater stopped working (dealer replaced). Jacks on TV not properly connected. No signal getting through (dealer and I fixed). Peeves: this is our 4th fifth wheel, and the last two had hydraulic jacks all around including landing gear. Having to get down to pull pins to drop the gear and retract, a true pain. Lastly, the dump drains are divided into two separate connections. Black and gray on one, disconnect, and attach to kitchen tank. I have owned several RVs over the years and never saw this. Did not think it was a problem at first. It is! We love the layout and know none are perfect. You have a cabin on wheels subjected to constant earthquakes. It’s a wonder they last at all. But from the factory?
- Ken, Idaho

2020-08-11 2017 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS View Listings

Note: we did not have a factory warranty but I had to fill in the ratings so I picked the middle one. I only purchased my first fifth wheel new so we could see if we liked the camping experience without having to factor in any issues from having a used one. Since then we've owned three more. I'm more than happy to let somebody else get all of the factory issues ironed out and suck down that first couple of years depreciation. We purchased this GD Reflection from a couple that had used it four times, then parked it after his eye surgery. He finally decided he didn't want to pull a trailer anymore so he put it on CraigsList and a greatly reduced price. We snapped it up. The only issue we had was that the grease seals during this manufacturing had turned out faulty on some units and they leaked. I pulled all of the wheels, installed new seals and cleaned and repacked the bearings. Only one was starting to get wet inside the brake hub but better safe than to find out later on I should have replaced them. This unit is much better quality than our (then) top of the line Forest River Cardinals (we had two of them).
- Robert, Washington

2020-08-07 2019 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS View Listings

Imagine, yourself  in a Reflection 337RLS fifth wheel, setup at your favorite RV park for a month or traveling for yrs.  You wake up near at your favorite campsite but you find it either too hot or raining, not to worry you can set up your chairs and sit under one of the two awnings while you decide to unload the outdoor gear from the unobstructed pass-through compartment.  Once you are finished getting your z's , you just may want to venture in for lunch, dinner, snacking or just relax on the theater seating-oh did I mention they are heated and vibrate! The Reflections kitchen allows you to make just about any meal you desire, in the full bathroom is a "must have garden shower- (seat in shower ). You will find plenty of seating for everyone to watch the 40" TV, and the tri-fold sofa bed allows you to invite overnight guests.  The Reflection line by Grand Design offers luxury along with providing easy towing with the aerodynamic front cap including Max Turn Radius to your favorite destinations. The Universal All-In-One docking station, LP Quick Connect, and One-Touch awning CONTROL  with LED LIGHTING, Lippert AUTO GROUND LEVELING Inside-one touch leveling ( nice ), you will find the bedroom is complete with a pillowtop queen mattress, a king size wardrobe, oversized underbed storage, W/D connection and much more!  The Arctic 4-Seasons Protection package allows you to camp anywhere and anytime of the year. This Grand Design Reflection 337RLS pulls incredible-when passed by a truck the REFLECTION does not sway at all even when passed by 2 trucks on Left and Right side.
- Rob Crenshaw, Texas