Grand Design Reflection Reviews on RV Insider (178)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Grand Design Reflection RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

JB from Oregon says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2017 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS View Listings

From day one this unit has been problematic..first the heater duct was off going into the bedroom,could get no result from selling dealer...only excuses so took basement panels off and fixed myself..no screws in heater duct holding heater duct hose to plenum..only cheap tape..little wonder it fell off.It wont come off now.Then there was the shower...first use water all over the floor...again no help from selling dealer..just more excuses.Then after getting on roof to check vent covers dealer installed...found them to be out of alignment so couldn’t open vent...fixed myself since dealer only makes excuses.Then found numerous outside trim screws missing...after further investigation found most to broken off inside coach frame...looks like they were over tightened at factory...again no help from dealer...just excuses...I could go on but time and space would not allow it here.Buyer beware...better check it out good before you buy it...and don’t buy from local dealer in Pasco,Washington...be ready to fix things yourself.Grand Design really needs to have better quality control...or go back to the drawing board.
- JB, Oregon

2021-04-12 2020 Grand Design Reflection 367BHS View Listings

If I could give zero stars for not only this camper but Grand Design as a company I would. This is the most poorly built camper I have ever seen. We bought the unit a year ago and live it in full time. Since then we have had countless problems, including but not limited to, the microwave not working, our oven going out, slide outs not going back in, electrical problems and most recently our fridge going out. We have been dealing with warranty for TWO months now trying to get a replacement fridge. They keep giving us the run around and trying to find ways to get out of paying for a new fridge for us. Let me say again that we live in this unit year round. So we lost hundreds of dollars in meat that was in our freezer and hundreds of dollars in groceries that were in the fridge. When we asked to be reimbursed for that loss, Grand Design said no. Even though we have been dealing with not having a fridge for two months and having to use coolers and ice for groceries. This company is a joke. We were finally supposed to receive our new fridge today, but they sent the wrong one. How does a company who has known for two months about our fridge problem send the wrong unit? Who knows how long we will have to wait now for a new one. On top of all of this the customer service has been horrible. They tell us one thing and then do another. I can’t express enough not to buy anything that Grand Design has built. They are unprofessional and their products are simply cheap. They don’t care at all about quality only about quantity.
- Hope Palmer, Colorado

2021-04-09 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS View Listings

Never having owned an RV of any sort, this may be a biased review, but I love this RV! So well thought out. It squished everything I could ever want into the smallest space you could put it in the smartest possible way. An office, what feels like a full size frig, micro, great size stove and oven, more pantry than most homes, lights (and motion lights) absolutely everywhere, lots of plugs and USB ports, I put a washer dryer in, great blinds, tv inside and out plus spot for one in bedroom, outdoor kitchen and speakers, fireplace, full size shower (I'm tall so I needed a good size shower) and tons and tons of storage inside and out! The only complaint I would have is that the viewing windows that you sit and look out of are on the opposite side as the door. I don't think this will be ideal when camping and I look out over someone else's campsite and have really no visibility of my own campsite. I gave the driving/towing 5 stars based on other reviews, but I have not driven it yet!
- Suzanne Dalton, Ohio

2021-03-29 2016 Grand Design Reflection 313RLTS View Listings

Although this unit is a 2016 but purchesed in 2017, it has been well taken care of and always stored inside temp controled bldg. We have only used it aprox 3 times a year for 2 week periods at a time. We could not be happier with it as there have been no major problems except for the furniture.The coverings on sofa and recliners are simply comming apart apart .When we sit in the recliners our backs and neck are covered with brown chips and now the only material left is a cloth covering.The arms are also starting to seperate. I would have thought a unit of this quality would have better coverings. By the way, there are only two of us and we are senior citizens so its not like it gets abused.
- Doug owen, Tennessee

2021-03-20 2020 Grand Design Reflection 315RLTS View Listings

First the trim fell off. Now I have a leak under my bathroom sink and can not find out where it is leaking.I thought it was the sink but it's coming from the floor. I pulled out the drawer in my bedroom to look for the problem and the drawer fell apart. I am so disappointed. I have have called for service but can't get anyone to come and fix this. I live in a RV park and it's not like it is in the middle of no where. I WILL BE SELLLING THIS ASAP. Big waste of hard earned money
- Sonia Childress, North Carolina

2021-03-11 2021 Grand Design Reflection 29RS View Listings

Bought this new 30 days ago. Fridge, not getting cold, bad compressor per dealer. Apparently came from factory that way. Grand design and furrion contacted. New fridge approved, thought was on its way, 2weeks ago. Recontacted them 2 days ago. Still not shipped. Apparently order lost. Need this fixed and working in 2 weeks, as I leave then for summer camp host job. Dealer said likely won’t happen. Why??? Also noticed there were 2 carbon monoxide detectors, and NO smoke detector in trailer. Huge life safety risk and state/federal law violations??? Came from factory that way. How many other trailers, came that way too? Nation wide recall??? Also had propane leak by slide out. Missed by dealer. The warranty check off list from dealer/manufacturer , showed those items in place, and working properly. How??? Just rubber stamping list and not actually looking at them! Breach of trust??? Isn’t that list, a legal document??? What if there had been a fire/explosion with loss of life, because of this??? Legal and PR nightmare??? I am a disabled/retired firefighter/medic. Have seen this happen, in real life. Not pretty. Just don’t want it to happen to others, especially families/kids. Thanks.
- Gary, Oregon

2021-03-08 2020 Grand Design Reflection 367BHS View Listings

I would never recommend buying any sort of RV that Grand Design builds. We bought our camper in May of 2020, a 367 Reflection, artic package. We went with this camper because we live in ours full time. The big seller on this was the artic package that Grand Design put in the camper. This package includes many different elements that you can look up online. Many of which were not included on our camper even though it was sold as an artic package. This includes, heated tanks, insulated slide out floors, and some of our water lines to our kitchen sink were not placed in the heated area. After picking up our camper we immediately had to take it back in to be serviced because there were so many issues: *Our toilet leaked sewer water *Awning was cut too short and was coming off the track *Awning light didn’t work *Kitchen slide out had a hole in the bottom that we could see outside *Bedroom door frame was too large for the door so it wouldn’t shut *Propane switch valve didn’t work *Auto leveling was off *Outside water port didn’t work *Microwave didn’t work These were all things that were wrong when we picked the camper up, brand new. Since then we have not gone one month without having problems in our camper. *Oven went out *Converter went out *Fridge went out *Staples sticking out of the carpet *Two kitchen chairs broke *Heated recliners stopped working *We found garbage in the underbelly when we were looking to see where our lines had frozen When we called Grand Design after many months dealing with problems to tell them what was going on, the guy simply said, “I’m sorry to hear that, but humans make these campers, so its just human error.” Our most recent problem has been the fridge going out. It has been a month now that we have lived without a fridge and Grand Design seems to just be giving us the run around. Their company takes no pride in their work and they make getting anything fixed through warranty so hard that you almost want to just give up. We have had nothing but problems with our camper, they are the worst company to deal with and do not ever buy anything of theirs. The only person I can say who has been a huge help is Michele with customer service. She has been amazing and has done whatever she can to help us.
- Dalton , Montana

2021-03-07 2021 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS View Listings

We've owned of 337RLS since 9/2020 and so far we haven't had any serious problems. The only issue so far was a odd sound coming form the Kitchen slide which was corrected by the dealer after some debate. One thing to keep in mind is to ask about the warranty. What we found out is this, the dealer will charge you for diagnosing the potential warranty problem should there be no problem. Example, if the slide had not been defective, the odd sound, we would have had to pay the dealer their $150.00 per hour rate to essentially tell us there is no problem. In this case the slide needed to be adjusted so no cost to us. We are headed to AZ this week 3/10, for 6 weeks, so I'll update this review when we return.
- MarkH, Washington

2021-03-05 2019 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS View Listings

Bought 2019 Reflection 303RLS new. Initially any small issues were looked after by the Dealership and Grand Design in an excellent manner. However in year 2 the outside 10 inches of the floor that goes under the main slide dropped over a half inch. I am an experience RV owner and have never seen a floor drop that much. In my opinion there is a structural problem with the floor and Grand Design refuses to address the problem.
- James Podjan, Saskatchewan

2021-02-20 2019 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS View Listings

It’s like having an office, an apartment on wheels. Easy to maneuver. Love having a kitchen outside with refrigerator. The space under the bed in the closet with the washer dryer hook ups are a plus. The kitchen in the rear has a conventional/microwave, as well as the oven and a full refrigerator with four doors.
- Flor, Florida

2021-02-11 2021 Grand Design Reflection 312BHTS View Listings

I love this rig! This is my second Grand Design travel trailer and I am so glad my family and I chose this floorplan. We enjoyed traveling in this rig from Texas to North Carolina and back, cold or warm weather I can tell you that the added insulation that comes with a Grand Design is well worth it. It's always nice knowing our rig will be comfortable when we get back from a days outing. The Grand Design support team is great and they are MUCH more user friendly than the dealership where we bought the coach.
- james.p.smith71, Texas

2021-02-07 2021 Grand Design Reflection 312BHTS View Listings

This RV has given us an amazing story to tell. It fit the two teenagers well in the bunk house. I love cooking and the oven works amazing. Plenty of storage everywhere. We have upgraded the mattress and it’s so comfy. Love sleeping in our rv.
- Brandy Smith, Texas

2021-01-05 2017 Grand Design Reflection 315RLTS View Listings

I bought my GD Reflection back in 2017 in GA and I've taken it to several states for work. It is overall a great camper and Ive had very minimal issues with it. The only thing i would have liked to have it come with was auto leveling.
- Callie Jones-Hughes, Wyoming

2020-12-16 2014 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS View Listings

The RV is great. The problem I have is the springs are to weak. Tires rub bottom of rv. Had a broken shackle. The tanks show 1/3 to 2/3 full. Gray water 2 valve wouldn't close. I took the valve apart and there was still 3 gallons of gray water that wouldn't drain. That is why the gauge doesn't show empty. The valve is lower than the drain. While in there I notice that they cut the support bracket and wired it up to the cross member. The valve was slimmed up because the water wouldn't drain. I took pictures.
- James D Cox, Nevada

2020-12-15 2019 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS View Listings

The perfect size (34 feet) to be very easy to tow, spacious and comfortable, as well as being a size most campgrounds can and will accommodate. Wife loves the island and countertop space and I really like the two awnings totaling 26'. Outside stove, fridge, and tv come in very handy. We both love the amt of storage inside and out as well.
- Ralph Gagner, Florida

2020-12-04 2016 Grand Design Reflection 313RLTS View Listings

I bought a 2020 gravity fifth wheel toy hauler a few months back. Trailer is amazing but we had a clogged black water tank and no one would come and help us out. I called plumbers, RV repair shops no one would come out and help us. However I Gave Chris from epic RV a call and he came out within a few hours (ON HIS DAY OFF) that is excellent customer service and he was able to fix our problem. Thank you Chris. If I ever need anything to do with our fifth wheel I know who I am calling.
- Jacob krucki, California

2020-11-23 2016 Grand Design Reflection 313RLTS View Listings

This 5th wheel has been towed 3 times and has the brakes fixed 3 times. Customer service is the worst, didn't save our records. Craftsmanship is nonexistent in this 5th wheel. Tip-out stopped working and of course, extended insurance won't cover anything. If we had the money to just throw it away, we would. Large tear under the couch back, looks like a worker had a knife when it was installed. Customer service actually said we must have done it, no way could we have gotten under there with a knife. Under the bar edge is black marker all over. We are almost 70 years old and this is by far the worst purchase of our lives. Do not purchase unless you want the biggest headache of your life,😟😟 really to bad I can't give this a minus 10 rating!!
- Roma Cassel, Idaho

2020-11-19 2019 Grand Design Reflection 315RLTS View Listings

This is a luxury vehicle. Covid made us live in it for 7 months. Very easy to live in. There was plenty of storage for our belongings. In fact a few drawers remained empty. The layout was planned very well. Loved the retractable awnings. Didn't have to go out to manually retract when the weather got really rainy or windy. Would definitely recommend this vehicle for the quality and comfort.
- Elaine Sturbaum, Ohio

2020-11-16 2021 Grand Design Reflection 240RL View Listings

Love the design, hate the workmanship. One trip 1300 miles 4 screws fell out, insulation around the hitch coming out, leaks around the slide,put on second AC unit instead of putting on low profile they put on a full sized one it looks terrible.The table mount pulled out of the floor,all 6 screws pulled out.im taking it back .sad I was hoping this would be the last one ,lm retireing in a year I need to go on looking
- Ed, Nebraska

2020-11-11 2020 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS View Listings

We liked the floor plan and look of the 5th wheel, took about two years to decide on manufacturer and model, bought in February of 2020 before the pandemic. After first few outings noticed a bad scrape in the kitchen floor, found a screw had been left under the slide with our kitchen table during manufacturing, after the third or fourth trip the lights in the bedroom slide and underneath quit working. Figured we just wait until end of season to get fixed under warranty. At the end of the season, I decided I should just fix it myself. Upon investigating the situation, the wiring for the lighting circuits in the slide are terminated and pinned to the floor under the base of the slide. From the factory or shortly thereafter two of the 3 casters that keep the slide base raised off the floor had screws stripped out, so the slide base was dragging on the carpet and ripped the wire connectors off the controlled the slide lights. I called Grand Design, twice, leaving my name and phone number with a description of the problem and a request for diagrams. That was about a month ago, haven’t heard back from anyone. So it was probably smart for me to have just fixed it myself, added theavier support casters to the middle sides of the base to take the pressure off the 3 original casters and relocated the original 3 slightly over to get into good wood on the base, didn’t strip a single screw. Original design of caster mounting seems problematic. Two lighting 12vdc circuits were simple, constant feed for inside overhead lights with individual shut off switches on lights for one circuit, other for outside lights of slide bottom fed through light switch mounted in understorage control panel by pump switch. Also used heavy plastic bracket on top of new bell connectors and screwed to floor to limit potential for tearing off should new caster design fail. Conclusion, not particularly impressed.
- Gary Knoble, Nebraska

2020-10-29 2017 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS View Listings

To whom it concerns. We purchased a Reflection 303 RLS In 2016. It is registered as a 2017. We have had numerous problems. First gas regulators (twice), then kitchen slide mechanism, a bad window needing replacement, drawer slides, water pump (twice), dump valve cables, the theater seats peeling, Fireplace replaced, had to have spring hangers rewelded and beefed up, wheel seals leaking, I haven't mentioned the end table shelf collapsing with nothing in it, two heat ducks not connected, the awning mounting brackets coming loose had to be refastened, couple electric outlets broke and now the worst. The roof leaks and the dining/living room slide is gouging the floor. This last part happened on our travels down to Texas from Custer State park in South Dakota. Apparently the roof membrane ballooned up and tore loose the caulking and now is loose and tore away from the front vent. The slide is digging into the vinyl flooring when it goes in and out. I contacted your customer service to be told so sorry but your out of warranty. The twelve year warranty on the roof dose not apply to installation. Totally useless warranty. Our trailer sits for about 10 months out of the year. I have taken great care of our trailer. Making sure everything is caulked or sealed, washing and waxing, repacking wheel bearings, replaced spring bushings, and added Sumosprings trailer helper springs because of unbalanced design from manufacturer. They only have capacity of 500 lbs at half compression. Helped with the tilt to the street side. From the factory 638 lbs heavier on street side empty. Replaced Westlake tires with Goodyear Endurance and had them balanced. I travel cautiously, no faster then 60 mph, try to avoid sharp turns and twisting as much as possible. Have had trailer weighed several times to make sure of loading. Never over loaded. We are at our witts end. This has totally destroyed my wife's desire to travel and volunteer at federal, state and county parks. Giving back for all the years we have camped. Back in 2003 we purchased a Hornet fifth wheel new and not one single problem with that trailer. We used that trailer a lot including living in it while I built our cabin. That trailer sat maybe 3 months of the year. We had it for seven years. We purchased a Grand Design based on what was supposed to be quality. We were wrong. We could have saved a lot of money and bought something cheap. I couldn't have been any worse. This has been our home for four years. Now because of your poor quality we will have to spend a lot of our savings to get this repaired just so we can sell it and get something out of it and will be giving up our life style. When I asked to speak to a supervisor that went no place. Just voice mail. Art
- Art, Wisconsin

2020-10-28 2018 Grand Design Reflection 297RSTS View Listings

JUNK! A multitude of problems ranging from poor quality manufacture (black water tank put in uneven so you could never get the sewage out) and it had an increasingly a horrible smell. It is not a 4 season trailer, the water lines froze at just under freezing and ruptured, unfortunately no dealer or repair service can help for a month. Frame is to light to support length. Thermostat is installed right over the furnace so it will not operate properly because the wall it is on stays hot. Finish on cabinets is so thin it wears off immediately. Single pane windows on a 4 season RV? not hardley!
- Don Weber, Utah

2020-10-26 2016 Grand Design Reflection 313RLTS View Listings

I'm looking for a small RV just big enough for me and my husband just needs something comfortable for the both of us just to live in and be happy in to put in a RV park and live in and en joy my husband is 65yrs old and I am 42 I just need Something that he can enjoy with me and comfortable enough for him when he get older and I have to take care of him
- Kami Clay, Texas

2020-10-20 2018 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS View Listings

I purchased this fifth wheel new in Dec. 2017. My wife and I have camped in it for a total of 290 nights, and have towed it 33000 miles in our nearly three years of ownership. We really love it for extended camping, and have spent a maximum of two months in it on a single trip. Our unit has the 12 cubic ft Dometic refrigerator and two A/C units. We only had two issues the first year of ownership - one was the kitchen slide tearing our floor (fixed by the dealer after getting Grand Design involved), and the other was failed heaters in the recliners (both recliners replaced under warranty by dealer). Recently, we had a microwave failure and a propane regulator leak, and I fixed both of these issues myself. With such heavy usage, I'm impressed that the unit is holding up pretty well. Of course, we have had a few very minor issues with wooden trim pieces or drawer catches loosening, but this is to be expected with all the miles we have put on the trailer. All in all, we are quite happy with the build quality and we love the luxury features such as the auto leveling system.
- Charles Robertson, Texas

2020-10-17 2018 Grand Design Reflection 315RLTS View Listings

Good unit. Sky light in roof is not a good structural design in roof trusses. Creates a weak point and roof sags. Called dealership in Sudbury and they agreed to get it fixed. The company “Grand Design” did not stand behind their boasting 3 year structural design and Polar 4 season. They told us to call our insurance.
- Ken Tellier, Ontario