Heartland Reviews on RV Insider (521)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Heartland RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Peter and Karen Razza from Rhode Island says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2018 Heartland Mallard 28 View Listings

Recently purchased a 2018 m28. Being fully aware that to build a 30' trailer with a gvw of 6900 lbs it had to be built with light material's. If your expecting a heavy duty bullet proof camper this is not for you. That being said in the light weigh class this trailer is awesome lots of cool details like great lighting big shower lighted storage. Plus it's beautifuly laid out. The center island really makes it work. Tows easy with my v8 f150.
- Peter and Karen Razza, Rhode Island

2020-03-26 2015 Heartland Bighorn 3160EL View Listings

Absolutely the worst purchase I have ever made. I would be hard pressed to come up with any item on the trailer that has not needed repair. I travel extensively with the unit and each time out there are multiple malfunctions with the unit. The service from the dealer and manufacturer is non existent,therefore I have to perform all my own repairs. This trailer should have been driven of the dealers lot and place permanently on a concrete slab.
- garystoychoff, Wisconsin

2020-03-26 2019 Heartland Fuel 335 View Listings

Loved my Heartland Fuel. Lived in one for 6 mo while traveling the nation with my kids. Very well built. It had the 2 air cond, auto leveling jacks and the room in the back where my kids lived. We loved this coach. No issues
- Rob, Nevada

2020-03-20 2020 Heartland Milestone 377MB View Listings

We bought our milestone to live in full time with a 3 year old daughter and an 8 month old son. We shopped for 2 years beforehand and finally settled on this unit. After living in it for 6 months I can say we love it! There is plenty of space for our needs and lots of cabinetry to store things. The pantry in the kitchen could be a little bigger and the counter space gets a little crowded in the kitchen but we fix light meals and don’t spend a lot of time in the kitchen. The middle bunk with the sliding door is perfect for our daughter. Her extra middle 1/2 bath is a huge bonus we didn’t realize would get the use it does. Plus a second toilet tank is super helpful if your needing the space between emptying tanks. The floor plan works nicely and the living space is perfect for sitting and being together and doesn’t feel crowded with the added tall ceilings. Overall we are satisfied and would make this decision again... thanks heartland!
- Michael lesniak, Florida

2020-03-17 2019 Heartland Gateway 3900MB View Listings

The overall build quality is poor and would offer caution to anyone looking at a new purchase from Heartland. I immediately repaired two water leaks, corrected the check-valve for the black water flush, and repaired the main door after it would not lock. I discovered the dead-bolt was nearly 1/2" off and had to dremel out the hole to secure. This was all the very first night I took the unit home! Then all the exterior seals over the slides kept coming out on the first trip and would have to climb up top and push them back into place. Around the 3rd trip the awning fabric came loose on one end when storing and completely pulled loose releasing one end and it bent that arm requiring replacement. Both of these were due to them not properly securing the seals and awning during initial installation. Around the 4th or 5th trip the fascia trim over the dining room slide out fell off during transit and I reattached when we got to our destination. Mind you most of this was within the first 2 months of taking delivery! Fast forward several months- we discovered a soft-spot in the floor between the kitchen island and the dining slide. We contacted dealer several times and the manufacturer and could get no help from either. The unit went into storage for the winter. My mistake here was not taking it to the dealer then. We just took the unit on a short trip around the holidays and found the floor to be much worse. We took it to the dealer this time and they found the problem and notified the manufacturer of a defect when they had installed the seal around the slide. Heartland has refused to help with the claim because it is now past the 1-year warranty even knowing it is due to their craftsmanship. The dealer wants $4900.00 to repair and our insurance will not cover because it is a manufacturing defect and water entry related. Had someone helped us initially it would have been inside the 1-year warranty. It appears we have 3-year warranty on the floors but still no help. We are so frustrated with the whole mess! This unit has been kept in dry storage since we purchased and taken very good care of. We have not neglected or abused this product at all. This was a sizable investment for us and we really thought we were making a smart purchase with the money spent. It just shows that spending a lot doesn't mean you are getting a higher quality product. If anyone has any advice I truly appreciate! I would never recommend any product whatsoever from Heartland. I realize there will always be issues with a new unit but I went way beyond the norm from the very beginning in doing all the repairs initially......
- Dwayne Hutchinson, Texas

2020-03-12 2017 Heartland Big Country 3950 FB View Listings

Good product and like all other rvs, you just have to get through all the repairs and unfinished factory issues. Extended warranty is crap, so get everything done first year. This unit is wonderful if full timing it, but not for weekend camping.
- Gary Henderson , Virginia

2020-03-11 2018 Heartland Terry Classic 21V View Listings

I bought one brand new thinking i would not have to worry about repairs. I drove 4.5 hours away to go get it and soon as i seen it there was issues. Once i got it home, i found more! So i had to make another 9 hour trip to get it repaired and now 2 years later ( a year after the warranty stopped) is currently sitting at a local rv dealer getting the furnace worked on and the only way to get the furnace out is to remove the refrigerator! Both table bed and full size bed are uncompfortable. Full size bed feels like you are laying inside a wheelbarrow after it breaks in. It only has 2 windows that open besides having the screen door open. It should have two axles! The tongue weight is more than it needs to be. I would not recommend buying one of these campers. It was a cool thought of the manufacturer but the quality is not there
- Anthony labarge, Michigan

2020-03-06 2019 Heartland Mallard 335M View Listings

We love the floor plan but we have had a leak that can’t be found. The Camping World in COLUMBIA SC said it because we didn’t caulk it every time we moved it It has been moved from Fayetteville NC to COLUMBIA SC. And it’s only 10 months old and the Heartland Co want us to pay them to redo the caulk on the entire roof. The dealership won’t call back after they told us the bathroom vanity needs to be replaced and it was fine when we left it there. Camping World and Heartland are both unreliable. We have a KZ Sportsman 2015 and have had no problems, even when we were in Wyoming with a couple feet of snow on it. We are very unhappy with the quality of the workmanship of Heartland and the customer service of Camping World.
- Patty lance, North Carolina

2020-03-02 2018 Heartland Pioneer BH250 View Listings

Overall, I have been pleased with my RV. However, I have encountered many small things that indicated a lack of pride in craftsmanship at the manufacturer's level. If you do most of your own work because of not wanting to leave you rv for multiple weeks for repair, you find many issues that I don't believe should be found by the owner. I found chunks and pieces of debris left under my sofa, under the sink and under the tub/shower. Every saeled panel I have had to remove had metal, wood chips, sawdust, etc. left behind. To easy for the manufacturer to clean up. I have found numerous leaks from under the sink, a water connection with a loose clamp, and a broken p-trap fitting. I have decided to repair all these on my own because I do possess the skills to do so. I just feel that many of these are a lack of pride in craftsmanship at Heartlands level. Again, I love most things about my RV, but feel these issues are simple to fix with better quality control.
- Johnny Burch, Alabama

2020-02-29 2018 Heartland Prowler Lynx 22LX View Listings

Purchased camper put at campground slept in 1 x following summer decided to sell it had a catastrophic leak the top seam let go we were told seams guaranteed for 90 days sorry camping world also sorry $8500 charged to fix it also insurance sorry. Buyer beware oh by the way this was our 6 new camper and we Never had an issue like this in all our 45 years of camping.
- Janet Dow , New Hampshire

2020-02-25 2017 Heartland Trail Runner SLE 265SLE View Listings

I purchased the RV as a primary transition residence from MD to TX. I lived in it for 5 weeks at several locations during my relocation. The storage was great for bringing along everything I needed, and a few nice to have's too. With the slideout, this RV offers a large floor space, ample seating for a family dinner, and room to kickback. The long galley kitchen is great for setting up a few appliances during a long stay. The shower I wish was a little bigger but it works well and is a fill enclosure with a door. The bed is a queen size and is actually fairly comfortable for an RV mattress. Say's a lot as I have back issues. Towing this vehicle has its challenges. After a few miles, you get the hang of it though. On the road, with a single sway bar it tracks straight and true. I never had the need to call on warranty support so I spit the dif with 3 stars.
- Dave, Texas

2020-02-25 2019 Heartland Prowler Lynx 255LX View Listings

I have a 2019 255 LX prowler, it has been a problem Every since I bought it it’s junk, I’ve called the manufacturer and I also called the people that I bought the RV from and they tell me that it’s out of warranty but I don’t understand how it’s out of warranty it’s only 18 months old however the following problems exist, Ac doesn’t work, The refrigerator quit, The water heater is constantly failing, Not to mention that I fell through the floor because apparently whoever assembled this camper did not know That a rubber grommet goes on the drain of the tub which was not properly secured to the P-trap into which it was loose too. And had been leaking water for sometime now but it wasn’t visible to me. In a 46 x 46 area there was no screws holding the wood in place Fascinating it to the floor joists. This is called structural support for the cabinets to fail in supporting the refrigerator and the stove all framework under the bottom of the cabinets are cracked and the rot goes under the cabinets all the way from the The bedroom on an angle to the rear door all the way to the rear window. The people at heartland said that there’s nothing that they could do for me that I should be looking for water dripping from under the camper, I said that’s impossible to do because I work 8 to 12 hours a day and wouldn’t know it but anyway it’s a manufactures defect and they should have to fix it or put me in a new camper. My rating on this camper is a -100.
- Burleigh E Soape Jr , Louisiana

2020-02-24 2019 Heartland Prowler Lynx 255LX View Listings

I have very little words to describe this type of camper other than it being one of the most hideous pieces of junk I’ve ever owned in my life.The water heater is out I have to keep fixing it. The refrigerator is out so I bought a mini fridge. The AC has to have Freon add add it to it every so often thank God I’m in Ac Guy right! Well the other day I was taking a shower got out the shower and fell through the floor so I started ripping up the floor and noticing that the Joists were black And the insulation was saturated with water as I move forward with ripping things up I noticed more and more damage this is why the refrigerator support and the stove support from the floor has crack in the cabinetry and this is also why the cabinetry has fallen due to the weight of the stove not being structurally supported. Not to mention the bad spot in front of the of the door that you have to step clean over if not They’ll be another hole in the floor the people at heartland manufacture company or strictly for the company and not for the consumer I strongly suggest you stay away from this manufacture in any of its products because they are junk. I purchased this RV so I can finish my house I work 8 to 10 hours a day and the guy told me at heartland that they’re not designed to live in so I told him to do the math on 365 days that I was gone 8 to 10 hours a day and tell me how many hours that I was in the rv. Then he got all cocky with me so I got cocky back and I told him if it was meant to live in or stay in for a reasonable amount of time why was a stove and a refrigerator put in them, and he couldn’t answer me.
- Burleigh Soape Jr , Louisiana

2020-02-21 2017 Heartland Cyclone 4250 View Listings

Great RV with high quality and amazing features. The outdoor entertainment space is like non other. The 2 bath feature makes camping with family so easy. This you can sleep the family plus friends. The unit has full size appliances and a washer/dryer
- cory, Colorado

2020-02-21 2019 Heartland Torque T32 View Listings

I wanted to write this review to compliment heartland for there wonderful customer service! I bought this toy hauler 13 months ago, used it a minimal of 10 times and been very pleased. The first few months I owned it I called them a few times and reached out for different things that I found or needed help with and they were more than helpful. No complaints from me!
- Charles Baker, South Carolina

2020-02-16 2020 Heartland Mallard M33 View Listings

Bought this brand new camper took us a month to get it home from dealer because of all the problems it had just being shipped to them sat in my driveway one day and brought it back do to finding more things wrong this camper is trash and built cheap I had a cheaper camper that was built better than these stay away from this brand very disappointed for a 30 + thousand dollar camper
- Joe , New York

2020-02-15 2019 Heartland Cyclone 4007 View Listings

We went with a full body paint and it’s gorgeous. That’s about the end of my satisfaction with Heartland. We’ve already had a major leak in the bedroom, broken blind, the garage radio doesn’t work, the sound bar falls down with each trip and the outside speakers stopped working. The coax is nothing close to what the diagram shows so good luck trying to hook anything up. Nice looking unit but very poor quality. I won’t buy another Heartland.
- Shawn , Texas

2020-02-11 2016 Heartland Bighorn 3760EL View Listings

As others have already stated, the Heartland Bighorn Product is the worst fifth wheel we have ever owned. We had 2 fifth wheels and a tow behind trailer before buying this unit new and have had more problems hands down with this unit than all 3 of our other units combined. We had problems before we even left the dealership and have never had a trip when something major hasn't gone wrong. We never buy extended warranties but did on this unit, and if we hadn't we would be broke by now. Very poor quality workmanship overall. Getting answers or help from Heartland is impossible. We take it out for a couple of weeks, and then it is in the shop for a month or more waiting for parts. It is been so frustrating and for the price, we had really expected a better product. We will never buy another Heartland product and if you're in the market for a rig, I'd steer clear of this brand. Just my opinion...
- Bill, California

2020-02-09 2018 Heartland Pioneer RB180 View Listings

I am adding on to my review from last year. I have used this camper quite bit this last camping season and wanted to update my previous review. First off, the bed totally sucks. the bed is located in the front and the angle of the front makes it next to impossible to lay in bed and watch TV because your chin is in your chest. The original mattress is not to bad but everyone has their own likes and dislikes. When I first purchased it I found a lot of minor issues with trim that were all easy fixes. I have had the roof checked twice a year and so far just need a little re calking but that's it. No leaks (yay). It has 2 USB plugs that did not work because the wires were not connected to it (easy fix). I believe there was no quality control whatsoever because all the problems I found would have easily been discovered and corrected if there was any kind of quality control inspection. All in all it is a nice little camper once you fix all the little issues with it but the camper is too small for two adults but for a single person it is not bad. I have a 1500 Silverado 4X4 and it tows very easy. Because of it's small size primitive camping is easy and fun. I have taken mine down dirt trails with no problems at all. All and all It is a good little camper, just give it a good inspection before buying one
- William Hyneman, North Carolina

2020-02-06 2020 Heartland Landmark 365 Phoenix View Listings

Run run run..had several issues called manufacturer...had owned less than60 days...extended warranty...S.O.L. After talking to a arrogant Service rep was told they didn’t make any money off of these...hmmmm...who got the check we wrote...we spend our money wisely if you want to throw yours out the window...deal with Heartland.
- John , Florida

2020-01-31 2015 Heartland Cyclone 4200 View Listings

This RV is full of options and add ons. Great for a big family or lots of room for a couple and all there toys. In great shape, and pulls like a dream. New Heavy duty tires so you hopefully never have a blow out while driving. Decks off side and back for great fun in the summer or warm days. Tv's in living room, garage, side deck, and bed room.
- Clay Hill, Colorado

2020-01-30 2019 Heartland Bighorn 3160EL View Listings

So disappointed in this 2019 fifth wheel. We have owned numerous fifth wheels and trailers that have been of "lower" quality (such as a Cougar, etc) however, this unit has been the worst. We have had issue after issue since we made the purchase of this brand new model. We have a had many bad leaks. One around a hatch that repeatedly filled the basement with a tremendous amount of water, one near the water heater and the bedroom slide as well. And too many other items...the rubber around the slides doesn't actually touch and seal, the falling trim inside, the poorly hung cabinets that don't close (every single one), the hatch door broke off to the power cord because it didn't fit properly, outside faucet leaked, the closet clothes rod fell out of the ceiling because it wasn't actually screwed into anything, the remote to the fireplace doesn't work I could go on and on. Every time we turn around there is something that needs to be fixed. I wish we hadn't made the purchase!!!
- Mary, Washington

2020-01-28 2015 Heartland Cyclone 4200 View Listings

We have been full timers for 4 years. Over all we are just ok with this rig. We have had issues with water leaks in the bathroom which caused us to replace the bathroom floor. We had to disconnect the outside shower because,we couldn't get that leak to stop and we got tired of loosening the rubber cover protecting the under carriage and draining water that collected there. These leaks also warped the floor in the undetneath storage area. The side porch leaks and it weighs a ton which makes it difficult to raise and close. There are no drains to allow collected water to escape. We feel that dry rot and structural failure are looming in our future. A bracket that holds the axles in place broke. This caused our rear wheels to move forward kissing the center wheels and effectively locking the wheels, prohibiting any movement at all. We had to drag our rig over 50 yards to get out of the way of truck traffic. That is when we found out that there are no towing services for moving a towable 44 foot RV. It took quite a bit of time to find someone to repair the problem. The wheels are still misaligned but we were able to make our destination...about 100 miles. We are too afraid to move our rig anymore because we feel it is unsafe due to the broken bracket and misaligned wheels. And, even a fix may not be enough. The workmanship and quality is lacking and disappointing. We are constantly repairing or replacing parts. We believe we have actually made the rig better because we replace parts with better quality items and workmanship. But, in the end, we feel we are fighting a losing war against lackluster and uncaring craftmanship.
- Jim, Florida

2020-01-25 2009 Heartland Landmark Augusta View Listings

I purchased my 5th wheel in Oregon, pre-owned in 2016 to use as my full time home. I had it delivered to Southern California to the mountains near San Diego and lived there for two years. Weather varied from 100+ down to 17 degrees! This well built, well insulated rig was comfortable throughout and the electric fireplace made it very cozy. The rear living was perfect for enjoying the views from every angle, and the open peninsula gave a spacious feel and was perfect for enjoying guest while cooking! Four slides gave me plenty of storage and wk around room. My cat really loved running from room to room with lots of windows to watch the world go by or catch a sunny nap! We moved to the high desert for a year and experienced the extreme weather there in comfort. Ample storage, hardwood cabinets, granite counters, washer & dryer, all made this economical, portable the perfect setting to live in, with the freedom to move my complete 'home' for the next adventure with minimum disruption.
- M. Legere, California

2020-01-24 2009 Heartland Landmark Augusta View Listings

Wanted an affordable, comfortable place to live in full time at a location of my choice. Met all my needs and comforts. Great amenities and quality throughout. Preferred staying long term and this qualified for length, and class in higher end private park settings.
- Elaine Legere, California