Heartland RVs Reviews on RV Insider (493)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Heartland RVs Reviews and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of these RVs.

Peter and Karen Razza from Rhode Island says:

Have you owned any Heartland RVs? Write a review

Voted Most Helpful Review 2018 Heartland Mallard 28 View Listings

Recently purchased a 2018 m28. Being fully aware that to build a 30' trailer with a gvw of 6900 lbs it had to be built with light material's. If your expecting a heavy duty bullet proof camper this is not for you. That being said in the light weigh class this trailer is awesome lots of cool details like great lighting big shower lighted storage. Plus it's beautifuly laid out. The center island really makes it work. Tows easy with my v8 f150.
- Peter and Karen Razza, Rhode Island

2020-01-15 2017 Heartland Cyclone HD Edition View Listings

Shame on you Heartland for not giving owners of your rv's the courtesy they deserve when it comes to servicing your coaches. You talked to my husband today and you were down right rude to him when he inquired about a claim we made with you several months back. Your response to him when asked to talk to the person who General RV recommended us to was "Oh you can't talk to her!" "Your claim was denied." Who gave you permission to block our rite to talk to this person. Heartland did not even tell us that our claim was denied. We have been waiting for months for our parts to come in. We had a leak in an outside light above the main door which caused the wall to buckle and our shower in the back was kinked so bad in the back bathroom and backed up water into the kitchen. When we talked to General RV in Mt. Clemens , MI to find the water leak they thought it was coming from the door. So they changed the lock on the door and when we got the coach back it still leaked. Come to find out it was leaking thru the light. We had a years warranty and we reported the problem within the warranty time and General rv told us to document it with Heartland of which we did. Now we come back to General RV and ask them why we haven't heard from them for months and all we get is nasty remarks and that our claim was denied. It is against the law to offer a warranty and turn around and just deny a claim because you choose to make up a reason it is our fault it leaked. We didn't build the coach you did. Leaks just don't happen unless the manufacturer is not doing quality work or using quality product. We bought a coach with a warranty. We paid for that and it is fraudulent for you to deny service. We r in our senior years and want to enjoy our coach while we can. It is your responsibility and you know it.Sad that I have to waste my time writing a review that is negative instead of giving positive feedback. This should not happen in The U.S. Build with pride and back up your product and work.
- Jan, Michigan

2020-01-11 2018 Heartland Wilderness 2725BH View Listings

Bought this Wilderness 2725BH new from Gibbs RV in Waco Texas 18 months ago. Have had no problems with this RV. Tows easily with our F150 3.5 eco boost. This trailer offers a lot of amenities at a really great price. The outdoor kitchen is a definite plus. Gibbs RV does a great job taking care of their customers.
- Neil, Texas

2020-01-11 2018 Heartland Road Warrior 413 View Listings

We have a 2018 Road Warrior and we absolutely love it. We have lived it in full time for 7 months. It has everything a house has and more. The ability to be able to hook up to it and pull it anywhere makes it a freeing moment. My husband has a Harley and anytime we go to bike week it’s super easy to load and un load. Definitely recommend this toy hauler
- Jwoverby2291, North Carolina

2019-12-30 2019 Heartland Big Country 3155RLK View Listings

We purchased our unit new September 2019. Tows well and is an attractive unit with not necessarily the best interior fit and finish for the price. We have had issues which shouldn't exist in a new 5th wheel. It should have never left the factory or most if not all of the issues should have been caught and resolved prior to delivery by the RV seller. 1. After sale warranty service found all but one of the tv cables screw on connectors were grounded out making it impossible to receive cable or satellite signal. Bedroom TV did get over the air tv main living did not. 2.Kitchen drawer would not close after opening unless being lifted vertically. 3. New graphic was already beginning to lift and manufacturer cannot find replacement. 4. Black tank valve failed on first outing. 5. Bedroom clothes hanger ripped from sidewalls and ceiling during our second trip leaving clothes on floor. Onsite temporary fix required 6.Automatic leveling system digital display failed during second outing. Thankfully resetting rebooted system. Some may say these are minor new RV issues. I totally disagree. I think it is quality control at manufacture and RV sales/service at point of sale. My 2006 Alpenlite Voyager 34 RL never had any issues following purchase. If I sound disappointed in my purchase I guess I am. For the money spent I expect more construction quality and attention to detail by manufacturer and sellers service department.
- pdp, Arizona

2019-12-24 2016 Heartland Wilderness 2775RB View Listings

I bought my RV new in Gulfport Mississippi at Foley RV and was real happy. Then the first time i used it I found the shower drain was not hooked up and water flooded the floor, then the TV quit, the micro wave outlet has no power so I have to run an extension cord to another outlet. The people at Foley couldn't care less. They made the sale. I installed the pipe for the shower, I had to call the manufacturer of the TV for replacement. Now the front cap LEDs quit. I have it parked on a lake in Louisiana and its really not an option to tow it 250 miles to a service center.
- dean, Mississippi

2019-12-23 2017 Heartland Mallard M33 View Listings

Buy with caution had the camper 2 years it's already starting to delaminate company will not stand behind their product highly not recommend. I've had it in for service several times cable don't work piping leaked screw heads are broke off decals come off definitely definitely definitely would not recommend this company if you want a quality camper
- Doug weeks, Ohio

2019-12-21 2018 Heartland Sundance XLT 261RK View Listings

I bought this trailer because it was 1/2 ton towable. Like fiberglass siding and aluminum construction. The cabinets are junk. Paper thin - I had to fix several doors that were coming apart. The bathroom is not accessible when the slid is in... cannot pull over to use the toilet without extending the slide. Poor design. I called the factory with an issue I was having with a window. They said warranty is 12 months, sorry. The unit is 1 1/2 years old. Wouldn't buy another Heartland product.
- KURT, Virginia

2019-12-20 2020 Heartland Pioneer BH270 View Listings

I would give 0 stars if able. Biggest piece of s*** company ever! Beware and do your research! I wish I would have. The amount of things that have broken, a roof leak that they have refused to cover. RV is only 6 months old. We look at it and something breaks. Forget walking around it barefoot, there are so many metal shavings no matter how much we vacuum.
- Caitlin , Pennsylvania

2019-12-16 2020 Heartland North Trail 29BHP View Listings

Bought the North Trail Calibur found the workmanship was shoty to say the least. First we noticed chandelier was falling from the ceiling because it wasn’t put in correctly, part of wall popped out because it’s made out of cardboard, bathroom faucet leaking, sliding door in bedroom broke off metal guide and the pantry door (which we fixed twice) will not close because frame was not installed correctly, not worth 30,000. Very disappointed, by the time we pay it off we will need a different model because I can’t see this one lasting. This was supposed to be our dream trailer. Cathy, Wisconsin
- Cathy Meinshausen , Wisconsin

2019-12-13 2019 Heartland Pioneer BH250 View Listings

I imagined having a camper would be somewhat of a luxury addition. This experience has been everything but. I bought a brand new 2019 Pioneer BH250 in December of 2018. That said, I feel like I live at Camping World and surrounding hotels as oppoesed to living in the camper. I have had a leak in my Unit that has not yet been rectified since buying the camper. I have 8 different service visits throughout 2019 for the same/similar issue. As I type this, my Unit is with Camping World as they intend to remove the side paneling on the RV to see if they can resolve the issue. The manufacuter should be as disgusted as I am when this posts. Who's in charge? Who can help? The internet - leave a message and an answering service will get with you! Why even have a reviews page if the median of reviews are negative? Who even monitors this page? I know...only the buyers who have had issues to the point of no help. The company does not monitor this page. Too many negative reviews. This is heartbreaking and can not reflect the best intrests of this company. Whoever monitors this page, help in my matter would be greatly appreciated! V/r Buyer in disgust
- Erren, Texas

2019-12-11 2018 Heartland Bighorn Traveler 39RD View Listings

The wife ordered this trailer through Rocky Mountain R V in Butte, Montana. The only thing that I wanted was 8000# axles. They were good, give us all the time we needed to get out of our Redwood 38rl. It was impossible to put our stuff from the Redwood into this. Lots of trips to the giveaway place. We have owned 5 5th trailers and 2 motorhomes. We're not new to this. Now to the trailer.... We had the trailer (2) two weeks when I noticed water coming from the belly. Come to find out the fitting came out of the BLACK tank, the belly was FULL of..... 3 days later the cupboard over the t v was falling down. Not 1 screw in the studs. A couple of days later the side cupboards started to fall,so I fixed them too. We never have been able to figure out the T V coax wiring. Several water leaks, new toilet. And then the pantry fell in. I had a new pantry built with roller drawers. This is the scary part, the fireplace melted the plug in AND the receptacle in the wall. Never popped the breaker!! A real electrician fixed that and installed more breakers. They were double and triple wired together. I don't know why it didn't burn down. Mother board furnace, 2 windows broke out,try to get that fixed before 2 weeks goes by. There's more but too depressing. Don't get single pane windows. As I said we have had several R V's. This trailer is the WORST trailer we ever had. Then the insulation, or lack of it. I wonder if this thing even made that stop. I've been in tents that didn't have as much air blowing through it as this trailer does. The blinds fall out and were installed crooked. The axles are out of alignment wearing the tires bad. Maybe we just got a bad one but I didn't have near the trouble with all the others combined. CYA folks.
- Danny Lamb, Kansas

2019-12-10 2019 Heartland Pioneer QB300 View Listings

First shower in rv pee trap broke under floor in bathtub...hole in floor not wide enough..flooded the whole underbellie of camper...used oven twice and ignitor had to be replaced..refrigerator keeps icing up...now heater part on furnace not blowing hot air...manufacture warranty expired...😟..i did not take back to dealer (camping world) because they wanted me to just drop it off and they will get to it when they can...i am in my camper more iften than not so i could not do that...i hired an independant repair company and they did the work and i sent invoice to Heartland and got reimbursed every penny..now that manufacture warranty is up we will see how good extended warranty works...
- Debora, Florida

2019-12-07 2019 Heartland Cyclone 4007 View Listings

To whom it may concern, Prior to purchasing an RV I called several RV repair shops and simply asked them which brands they would recommend to buy based on which ones were the easiest to work on and broke down the least. Heartland was often recommended and the brand we chose to purchase. Since purchase we have had nothing but a year and a half of problems. Once we hooked up our water during the first weekn it began spewing water from behind the hook up. The cause of this was that the fitting connecting the hot water heater to the RV wasn’t secure and was allowing well over 100 gallons of water to spew into the underbelly of our RV. Next we had a leak in the toilet that cost a couple of hundred dollars to fix and after that our garage AC stopped working in the middle of a New Mexico summer. We then started working with Adam Batson to get the AC fixed. After 2 months of sending him pictures of what we needed fixed several times we finally got the AC delivered. We had the RV repairmen at the RV to fix the AC, slide valves in our dump tanks, and the water selector switch. They quickly noticed they sent us the wrong AC. Once we got the correct AC we were told that the old one had stopped working because when it was installed the freeze sensor wasn’t in the coil/fins as it should have been causing the compressor to run too long and not shut down when it should and thus shortening the life of the compressor. Next we had had water leaking from under our sink. We ultimately found out it was caused by a faulty fauced and caused all of the wood and wood paneling around the kitchen sink to rot and need to be replaced which also took months to complete. After ournext move we arrived and the couches in the garages were both flat against the sides of the RV. The metal on the happy jack lifts had bent allowing them to once again fall during our move. I called Adam who told me that Happy Jack would not authorize to replace the part. I got the happy jack information from him. I explained to the man there what had happened and he asked me if there were pins in the couches to secure the couches and prevent them from falling. I told him that when we received the RV the couches were down and that there were no pins in He explained that this is why the parts bent during transport and that it should have come with these pins. He agreed to send me the new parts, which arrived a few days later. Next we had to work to get our auto leveler fixed. When we would hit the auto level button it would begin to level and then it would extend the legs on one side of the RV as far as it could and the legs on the opposing side wouldn’t move at all causing the RV to almost tip over. When the RV repairman was here to install the AC he was able to diagnose the problem. I called Adam and put him on speakerphone to talk to the repairman and myself at the same time so there was no confusion. I was assured that he was putting in the parts request and they would be shipped out. I didn’t receive them the following week and was out of town for 6 days the week after that. I figured that after two weeks I would return home to the parts being delivered but this was not the case. I called Adam the next business day and was told that for some reason the parts department had not gotten the order. He was also trying to order the wrong part for the auto leveler despite the repairman clearly explaining it to both of us while he was on speakerphone. We are now over three weeks since the original parts should have been submitted to the parts department. It is very clear from the amount of problems that we have had with this RV that it’s construction was very rushed and not well done. Between the constant problems we have had and the difficulty to get things fixed I would not recommend buying this brand of RV to anyone that asks. 12/6/2019 We recently ended up getting the auto leveler fixed. After having changed the computer and batteries we found out that the problems were happening because the leveling sensor on the back was in fact installed backwards. About two weeks after this was fixed we were home cleaning when our electric turned off. We were surprised because we have a surge protector in place. When we were checking all of the connections we were surprised to see that the plug to the RV and 50 amp cord were all burned. We took it in to get fixed and were informed that the reason the surge protector hadn’t stopped it was because it was the result of a lose ground wire in the RV. Once the ground wire, new 50 amp cord and connection to the RV were all fixed we still did not have power. The electrician immediately knew that the transfer switch was bad. Once this was replaced we had electricity again. I am furious with how this company does business. They provide a cheap and unsafe product. If we hadn't been home when the electricity went out our entire RV and 5 animals could have died in an electric fire. DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT!
- Chelsea, California

2019-12-05 2018 Heartland North Trail 22FBS View Listings

This is our second North Trail RV. We plan on living full time in it and it so far has served all our purposes. The bathroom is roomy and has plenty of cupboard space. Counter space is awesome in the kitchen area. Kitchen also has lots of storage with the pantry. The few issues we had we brought right back to our dealer and they were dealt with quickly and professionally. They were super accommodating.
- Cindy , Michigan

2019-12-03 2018 Heartland Bighorn 3270RS View Listings

This was the worst choice we ever made. In July of 2018, we excitedly purchased this RV. At finalization of the sale, which we also got Platinum Warranty, we were congratulated and atta-boyed like crazy. Our first night in rv, I noticed water leaking underneath outside. After much back and forth and arguing, 2 valves and a pump later, it seems to be fixed. Then, upon bringing it in for warranty coating, and punch list repairs, we get the unit home, slide out bedroom and the moulding cracks and breaks away from ceiling. Come to find out, when they replaced ceiling panel, they left a mallet in slide out. I called, told them and they replied " all our tools are accounted for". We don't own a mallet, well, we do now! We fixed it ourselves. As for pump issues earlier in this review, we were told, if you are handy at all, "you can change valve yourself". Wow, really!!!! Next, we lost power, come to find out our battery was dead, upon investigating further, they only equipped us with 1, when we were told at walk through there were 2 for this size unit. Again, upon calling for assistance, help, advice.....nothing!!. A back and 4th, pass the buck fight,and "we won't reimburse you as your a couple days out of year warranty". This is on a screw up they made by only equipping the unit with 1 battery that had to work for 2. Of course its going to die. We never have had our indicator lights function Correctly. They read full all the time, even when empty. This is our fulltime home. Their answer to everything is, bring it in. We Willget to it when we can. We live 3 and a half hours away. The customer service is appalling and/or really non-existent. We were so ex cited to take this journey, but we made the wrong choice going with the Bighorn by heartland. They sell it to you and then basically should have said" don't let the door hit you!!! Our worst purchase to date. Do your homework folks!!!!!! Don't fall for their smiling faces. Talk about buyers remorse!!! This is it, at its finest. Good luck people!
- christeelu62, Arizona

2019-12-03 2018 Heartland Prowler Lynx 32LX View Listings

Where do I begin. This trailer has been a nightmare from the gate! We purchased our Trailer from Dixie RV in Hammond LA. I don't recommend them at all! The will tell you anything you want to hear just to sell the trailer. We travel for work so we are on the road frequently. Our first trip out was to AZ and as we were leaving we noticed the SIDING WAS BREATHING in and out! It wasn't attached!!!! The water pump went out and all in all it was just a rough ride. Our Second trip out we stopped for a mini vacation in Iowa and all of a sudden in the middle of a down pour in the middle of the night we get a water feature in our bedroom! I suppose I shouldn't complain people pay a lot of money for that... Normally though the water feature isn't running down the wall onto your head! From there we gave up.. the factory helped with getting the roof repaired but as for replacing our mattress it was like pulling teeth! It took almost a month to get it done and I had to threaten to bring the trailer up to Indiana and park it on there front steps. Which I still think is a good idea! All in all we have had to have all 4 tires replaced with proper trailer tires ( Not the Car tires they had on it!) The leaf springs replaced because of a tire blowing out. ( Hence the reason we had the tires replaced) the water pump twice! The Roof TWICE! the heater fixed TWICE! ( In 20 degree weather!) The gas lines replaced, and the thermostat on the wall still doesn't work correctly and just this last trip the kitchen faucet started leaking and broke! So in my humble opinion NEVER BUY FROM DIXIE RV or from HEARTLAND! EVER!!
- Kathy Suess, Texas

2019-11-22 2017 Heartland Bighorn 3875FB View Listings

Love this unit and set up. But manufacturer would not stand by a delaminating floor on a slide out. Just out of warranty when we noticed the problem. And extended warranty doesn't cover the floor also. Check units over carefully if your looking to purchase
- Ev Holz, Minnesota

2019-11-21 2018 Heartland Prowler Lynx 25LX View Listings

Piece of crap, every opening cracks around windows, door, furnace broke down first day used it, bathtub leaks, toilet leaks, all the rain weeps are not big enough for water to drain, stove exhaust dont work, will be taking back under the lemon law, not worth the money
- Wm ford, Michigan

2019-11-20 2018 Heartland Wilderness 2475BH View Listings

We LOVE being able to camp in our CA winters. That alone is worth it all! That said: Not a perfect experience by any means, but having done a bunch of research we fully expected to have issues. RV's in general are made cheap, quick, and usually by underpaid labor. So going in we knew we would have to fix/replace a few things. Most issues have been installer issues, some trim pieces the brads were over driven (ie through the trim), the microwave wanted to jump out because the 3 of the 4 screws holding it didn't go into wood. A we've had a few device manufacturer or material failures: 1) water heater circuit board fried a relay, 2) the propane hoses to the tanks failed. Both of the material issues were resolved by my awesome RV dealer, RVMax in Rocklin CA, without bringing the darn RV to the dealer! Now have routine maintenance, failing sealant, etc.
- B_Dub, California

2019-11-18 2018 Heartland Big Country 3310QSCK View Listings

We love our RV, however we took it home after purchase and put the slides out and there was a gouge in the flooring, contacted our dealership and they tried for over 5 months to get approval to fix/replace it, along with other warranty work, I called Heartland service several times and it did not help,finally since we only live a couple hours from the factory we called for them to fix it, of course they were booked up, however they had another service center they suggested we take it to, we did and Heartland still didn't want to approve the work. We love our Big Country but will never by a Heartland product,
- Rose Lester, Ohio

2019-11-14 2011 Heartland ElkRidge 34QSRL View Listings

We purchased or Elkridge second hand in 2014 (so 3 years old) and did not do proper research with I regret. The siding was loose even then. We used it for several family trips, and members with allergies became ill (did not know why at the time) we wanted to trade in for a trailer instead of a 5th wheel in 2019. We had maintained the 5th wheel well and there was no evidence of leaks, when the dealer looked at it they found that all the walls were completely rotten and moldy and the floor as well. This trailer as only 8 years old!!! Would not recommend.
- Louise, Ontario

2019-11-11 2020 Heartland Cyclone 3600 View Listings

This my first 5th Wheel. I have a 2016 GMC Sierra 3500 SRW with a Demco Autoslide Hitch. The trailer towes FANTASTIC. Because I didn't want to get a dually this was the biggest toy hauler I could tow. I had to sacrifice some of the luxuries of the bigger toy haulers: kitchen and living room are smaller than I'd like, but very livable. Garage not only added the ability to haul our BMW R1200RT with a side car but added a patio that we find we are using all the time. We have come to prefer the toy hauler style RV over the regular style because of the extra space the ramp patio gives us. It also gives guests their own bathroom with a more private sleeping area. We added a rear curtain and better locks so that the back ramp patio door can be left open. And since the patio door is made by Challenger it has no wood so moisture will not effect it. We have had a couple issues with slide adjustments and a missing screen, but Heartland customer support has been very supportive in getting things fixed properly.
- Larry, Indiana

2019-11-07 2018 Heartland Cyclone 4005 View Listings

We love our RV except for the inverter!! We live in our RV. Have only owned it 17 months and inverter won't charge the batteries. Our power gets low so we have to use a battery charger and our dually to charge up the power. Heartland needs to fix this issue and give us a new inverter, because right now we cannot afford one!!
- Dixie, Texas

2019-11-05 2018 Heartland ElkRidge 31RLK View Listings

It's a pretty RV however we continue to have issues with the shades not going up and down. Of course now that it is out of warranty the fireplace does not work. It's sad that you pay an astronomical amounts of money for these RV's and and they are just made so cheaply and thrown together. Just this weekend we were not getting power to all of the trailer and unscrewed the plug in and found that the red wire was not totally connected. To me this is a safety hazard and we could have had a fire had it arched and melted. No wonder they only give you a one year warranty.....they can rid themselves of you quickly and you have to pay for everything else. Same with the dealer, all they want is the sale, then afterwards they can't help you out.
- JSefcik, Texas