Heartland Reviews on RV Insider (667)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Heartland RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Peter and Karen Razza from Rhode Island says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2018 Heartland Mallard 28 View Listings

Recently purchased a 2018 m28. Being fully aware that to build a 30' trailer with a gvw of 6900 lbs it had to be built with light material's. If your expecting a heavy duty bullet proof camper this is not for you. That being said in the light weigh class this trailer is awesome lots of cool details like great lighting big shower lighted storage. Plus it's beautifuly laid out. The center island really makes it work. Tows easy with my v8 f150.
- Peter and Karen Razza, Rhode Island

2021-04-09 2020 Heartland Pioneer BH270 View Listings

We spent a lot of money and finally decided to buy a new rv.(This is our 5th rv) We've had many problems within the first year and the warranty covers almost nothing. It covered cosmetic things but not the important things.
- Lori Crouse, Minnesota

2021-04-09 2015 Heartland Cyclone CY4150 View Listings

This RV has been a dream to own and live in. I looked at over a hundred units and before i found this floor plan and once I saw it, I knew it was for me. It has a very large residential style fridge and an open concept. Best of all you don't have to squeeze through or around a shower of bathroom to get to the Master bedroom. I'm a pretty big guy and the normal sized tub and shower are a must for full time living. And of course, it has all the amenities for camping, cooking, and parties.
- Ryan Sutton, Texas

2021-04-01 2018 Heartland Terry Classic V21 View Listings

The Heartland Terry Classic was only made in 2018 and 2019 so they are quite rare, love the attention we get on the road and at RV parks and campgrounds. Get so many compliments how beautiful it is and unique. I love the floorplan it used the space accurately. Never thought I would even consider selling but we need more room for our 4 month long road trip.
- Julie Morse, Florida

2021-03-22 2013 Heartland Bighorn 3585RL View Listings

This is more about the dealership and what kind of business they have !! We had a blow out (I see on the reviews that this is a common problem, This is the second one we have had to do major repairs on)on Bighorn Camper in May of 2019. We took the camper to Jolly Rogers RV (that was the name of the business at the time) Now called Bish's RV in Cheyenne, WY. for the repairs. We were told the camper would be ready in August 2019. We also wanted to have some decals on the side replaced so the camper would still look good. We have dealt with the business being bought out and 2 managers and three service technicians and the repairs were done from the blowout. One fender is plastic and the other is metal. A phone call to me would have had us replacing them both to match. This all happened amidst the Corona Virus and I understand that was an issue BUT the decals on the camper were never changed out AT ALL but we were charged for them. We were told the decals were no longer available and that they would have to be custom made. The camper has been in a garage the whole time we have owned it other than when it was used (1-2 times a year for one week at a time). The exterior of the camper is not the same as when we took it to them. It was outside the whole two years and it shows wear and tear from being outside. NEVER a phone call as to show the progress that was being done on the camper. NO MANAGER CALLED OR SERVICE TECHNITION NO CALLS AT AT. I was the one calling numerous times per day, week to check on the progress. I got a text from the service department to say the camper was ready to go, I called and told them we would be there to pick it up on Saturday when I went to pick it up I was told it was road ready. The tires all had to have air put in them and none of the caps were put back on, the camper was NOT road ready to go and they had a week to get it done, for all the time the camper was there it should have been ready. It was the worst experience I have dealt with for camper repairs and communication I have ever dealt with. YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOUR BUSINESS FOR NO COMMUNICATION AND NO FOLLOW THROUGH ON BOTH THE OWNERSHIPSHIP,MANAGERS AND THE SERVICE DEPARTMENT.
- Harry Corkle, Colorado

2021-03-16 2018 Heartland Road Warrior 428 View Listings

ON the surface it looks great. Digging into the bones are something else. One of the dump valves would not close. Had to remove the basement insulation to fix. Cable had pulled out of adapter. Changed all of them over to electric. Once all of the insulation was removed (serious pain). Wiring is a mess. Excess wires everywhere and not properly secured. The area where all of the 12V wires are connected is a mess. Bus bars are randomly placed. More excess wiring. Hose connecting to hot water heater was severely kinked. And several of the tank fittings were loose. Had to cut the oetiker clamps to correct. Paint on the undercarriage is not well applied. Some of the welds were left unpainted. Spent a couple of days cleaning all of the rust. Also there was a screw in the middle of the insulation that penetrated it. This created a path for the water to enter and create more rust. The aft gas tank has a leak. Appears to be where a weld was. All of the brackets and bolts are rusting. None of these issues are readily visible. Also there are several switches in the control panel that are not labeled. We loved the layout, but.....
- rcrqtrmile, Virginia

2021-03-14 2008 Heartland Big Country 3300RL View Listings

I have had a couple of minor plumbing issues. It does not have heat pump air conditioning. Floors under slide outs have decayed around the edges. Overall, a very solid, well made fifth wheel. Much better than other fifth wheels I have had. Beautiful, high quality cabinets.
- William Alley, North Carolina

2021-03-13 2021 Heartland Trail Runner 251BH View Listings

Great experience with this brand! We had no problems whatsoever with ours and would consider purchasing this brand again in the future. Very spacious travel trailer with all the great features. Highly recommend this brand!!
- Michelle, Georgia

2021-02-23 2021 Heartland Mallard M335 View Listings

This is actually an M27 model. I would love to be writing a really positive review on this camper but I just can't find enough positive things to say, so I will tell it like it is: We have owned this RV for about 6 months now. The floorplan is not bad for the main living area except that the nice swivel rockers are really far away from where you can mount the 19" TV that they are hardly used and the couch does not even face the tv area. There is virtually no counter space in which to prepare a meal and it gets frustrating at times. The cabinets on the rear wall open up and have no supports so you need 3 hands to get anything out or put it in. The heating ducts are in really strange places, the main living area blows right by the back door and does not do very much to heat the largest area of the camper, the one in the bedroom really does not seem to do much at all, and the one in the bathroom will bake your buns if you are sitting on the toilet. The king size bed was a selling feature for us but it turns out that it is horrible to change bed linens, it is also very difficult to get in and out of bed as you are sleeping under the overhead cabinets. As for quality, there really is none that we have found so far. The back door is very difficult to shut and you have to slam it to get it to latch and now the screws are falling out. The water lines for the sink leak and you have to do contortions to get under there to tighten them and then they still leak. The toilet leaks where the supply line connects to the toilet and now has fallen out, nearly flooding the camper before I could get outside to turn off the water. There is a drip where the awning meets the camper and it is dead center in the middle of the door so you always get dripped on going in our out on rainy days. The trim around the doors is coming off the walls. The small curtain above the window in the bedroom constantly falls off if you brush into it ever so slightly. This camper sweats profusely on cold nights and we have mold growing in corners in the bedroom and under one of the dining table cushions. The bathroom faucet is very cheap and made of plastic and makes a squealing/squeaking sound when you turn on the water (but the kitchen faucet is pretty nice). The writing on the knobs on the stove have completely worn off so you really have no idea what temperature you are setting the oven to, and even if you have it set correctly you end up with things burning in the center and not fully cooked on the edges. The hot water heater is way too small unless you can manage to take a 3 minute shower, but it does produce some scalding hot water. Did I mention that this camper is only 6 months old? OK customer service? We have emailed Heartland to let them know of our issues and we have gotten ZERO response from them which is pretty disappointing to say the least. One would think that if you spent $28,000 on a travel trailer you would be getting a quality product that would last you for several years at least. Nope not this one, we will be lucky if it makes it to it's 1 year anniversary. I would not recommend this brand of RV to anyone as the quality is severely lacking and apparently customer commitment is non existent. As I said I would have loved to write a positive review but just could not find enough good things to say.
- Bob Waas, Tennessee

2021-02-19 2018 Heartland Mallard 26 View Listings

Awesome travel trailer, well built and easy to set up! 2 slides give it tons of room inside and the bunk room makes it easy with the kids. the outdoor kitchen also works very well. recommend this to anyone!
- eric, Missouri

2021-02-12 2017 Heartland Pioneer RK280 View Listings

I own this camper and every time it rains the awning breaks the arms! I realize not to have it out during wind but a lite rain! Mine has already broke the sa.e arm three times! Called the Heartland company fed complaint but got no answer or reply!
- Carolyn fowler, North Carolina

2021-02-02 2019 Heartland Wilderness 2500RL View Listings

2019 2500 rear living traveling camper first thing happened was the shower was not tight it leaked then the air conditioner never did work right they would not replace the air conditioner I had to buy a new air conditioner myself after spending all this money on a new unit
- Robert, North Carolina

2021-02-01 2018 Heartland Cyclone 4115 View Listings

Have had all kinds of problems with this RV. Bath leaks into the living room when used.Awnings leak and don't retract.Electric brakes went out on first trip.Make sure you keep about 5 tubes of FUZE*IT on hand to re-glue all the panels and mouldings that fall of each time you tow it somewhere. DO NOT BUY A CAMPER MADE BY HEARTLAND!!Biggest problem now is the exterior siding is cracked due to a frame malfunction.I could list a million more problems with this camper and the company, but i think you get the point
- Waren Thoma, Virginia

2021-01-30 2019 Heartland Mallard M26 View Listings

Don’t buy heartland. Total junk. Cheap material, horrible workmanship. Oven needed thermocouple/pilot tube replaced immediately. Furnace stopped working, replaced igniter/circuit board. Front door latch installed incorrectly. Cupboards had to be rebuilt to close correctly. I could go on but you’ve been warned
- Randy otos, Oregon

2021-01-26 2019 Heartland Elkridge 37RK View Listings

I would never buy a heartland product at all, this was our first unit to buy, and for sure we made the worse mistake of buying it at funtown wharton tx and buy a heartland, after staying in it for 2 months there was a few things we didn't like and we addressed to fun town, to what they said to bring it in which i was out of state with the camper and it took me 4 more months before i could drop it off,which by that time more stuff broke out of now where, then when I did they were going to work with warranty and some stuff got fixed, I took off to work so I gave them 3 months to work on it and get it fixed bt when I went to pick it up, only have of the job had gotten fixed, then fixed cheap, instead of replacing the whole linoleum they patched and covered it with the recliner, leaving glue on the end sides of the patch, making it noticeable, then they said warranty wouldn't cover the whole replacing, I was mad, brand new camper and having to deal with all that stuff, sucks, now I had it for almost 2 yrs, which I've only lived in it for 11 months all together and have numerous things not functioning right, and warranty wouldn't cover my refrigerator even before warranty was expired, now I have to buy a refrigerator,and somehow have somebody look into my roof that leaks on the kitchen wall ugh,, my gray tank leaks then my vent fan in the restroom decided to give up as other stuff has as well, another thing I'd fun town tried to buy a good review on Google from me, by doing something that I never asked for them to do, I was getting ready to give them the payment of 120 something dollars over the phone when the person on the phone said they would drop the charge if I was to give them a good review on Google I believe,and I agreed bt not until I received my unit, which I did bt wasn't fully satisfied with the work, then after warranty expired they would never take my calls or returned, awful experience with the seller and manufacturer, DO NOT RECOMMEND.
- Pablo, Texas

2021-01-25 2019 Heartland Cyclone 3713 View Listings

I like the amount of chair space and sleeping space. The 3 AC’s are also a bonus. The bad’s, they refuse to cover their 3yr limited structural warranty. Unit has been at the dealer since the end of Nov for a crack in the siding and a wrinkle. Both on opposite corners of the main slide. Heartland requested us to pick up the unit from the dealer, load for a trip and take to get weighed, then unload and return to dealer. Nothing would be reimbursed. The dealer has done everything asked but Heartland and LCI refuse to admit structural damage and repair. Dealer is still fighting for coverage. DO NOT BUY ANY HEARTLAND PRODUCT! Go with Grand Designs...
- Chad Becker, Texas

2021-01-24 2020 Heartland Bighorn 3995FK View Listings

High gloss sidewalls with upgraded vinyl graphics and logo badge on front cap Overhead entry door light strut assisted entry door with deeper top step at entry Automotive LED turn signals and lights Rear and side security camera prep Rear ladder 2˝ Accessory receiver Patent pending front cap design for short bed trucks allowing for tighter turning radius Large insulated slam latch baggage doors 110V exterior electrical receptacles Battery disconnect in main basement Universal docking station with all hookups, dump valves, flush, cable/sat, shower and winterization Three separate kitchen surface workspaces for superior kitchen flow (most floor plans) 100% maple hardwood cabinetry and fascia in dynamic new black and tan two-tone package Spa baths with solid surface sinks, marble look shower, removable shower head and teak wood seat Cushioned woven flooring on slide out floors; anti-microbial and attractive In-house constructed vacuum-bonded laminated main and upper deck floors
- simon, California

2021-01-19 2020 Heartland Sundance 291QB View Listings

This has been our first year with this rv and so far it has been great! I have a large family and having the bunkhouse with 4 beds in it is awesome. The RV has a nice flow and plenty of privacy. My only complaint with it is the bathroom. With 4 kids it is quite the hot spot and it's very tiny. With that being said the rest of the rv is perfect! It is half ton towable with a full walk on roof, all tho I prefer towing it with a 3/4 ton truck. The size is great you can fit just about anywhere and the weight is not to heavy. I have done some longer towing with it and has towed like a dream. The out side kitchen is great to cook outside on the hot days, and I love the huge awning. Also the a/c works really well even with 6 people in it. On cooler weather this rv heats very well, with the insulated underside and foam insulation in the walls it is great! The kitchen area has a great layout and with the slide out it is a huge space for everyone to hang out! Now I am a tall guy and I have no problem with the hight in this rv the roof curved to give you great height in this rv. Also there is all kinds of storage for the size of the rv. What really blows me away with this rv is build quality for the price of it. I can say that if you have a larger family and are looking for a great first camper this is it! Heartland sundance has done a great job with this and we could not be happier! I would strongly recommend this rv to anyone with a big family!
- Daniel Klinge, Maine

2021-01-16 2007 Heartland Bighorn 3400RL View Listings

Our Heartland Bighorn exceeded our expectations in every respect and we've owned several RV's. Even after 10 years not a single thing broke or had to be repaired. We were full-timers for over a year. Heartland excels in quality and reliability.
- ddsburke2201, California

2021-01-09 2020 Heartland Bighorn Traveler 32RS View Listings

Only issues were a a leaking hydraulic leveler and a dented porch light. A few cosmetic interior issues. We have been able to use the trailer. We are waiting to have the leveler replaced , and replaced the porch ourselves. There was a bolt missing from another leveler. That will be fixed as well . Appt is in February. Other than that, no leaks if any kind, everything works. All plumbing works no leaks. I’m happy with this trailer. We had a TT prior to this, COMPLETELY DIFFERENT MANUFACTURER Forest River Sunset Trail 32 ft . Had many issues with the fridge. Had to have motherboard replace twice. Couldn’t get satellite hookup to work. Had to hook directly from outside. So saying all this, EVERY RV MANUFACTURER is going to have some kind of issues, wether it be minor or major. Have had no problems with warranty.
- Melinda cormier, California

2021-01-07 2019 Heartland Fuel 352 View Listings

We purchased a 2019 Heartland Fuel 352 in July of 2019. We have had some minor issues like a gas leak and the awning sticking and would not roll out until now. 17 months later coming back from Florida the rear axle bracket that holds the leaf spring broke loose from the frame. Heartland will not cover the repair, our extended warranty will not cover. It was clearly bad welding we have only pulled it 6 or 7 times. Should not have happen after only 6 to 7 times pulling it. Very cheaply made. Buyers beware.
- Karen Burke, North Carolina

2021-01-06 2011 Heartland Landmark Rushmore View Listings

We bought this RV new 10 years ago and have spent 1494 nights in it, including a 16 month stretch while between houses. We've towed easily 60,000 miles from Texas, to Indiana to California and visited most states in between. A number of times, we took this RV into the Colorado high country during the winter so we could have 6-10 week extended ski trips. We've also been in 108 (F) degree weather in Moab, UT. This RV has served us well. We've had our share of appliance and component failures, as do similar RVs, but nothing that ever forced us to cut a trip short. At times, the factory shipped us repair parts and even intervened with their suppliers to get us parts for do-it-yourself repair. Our RV neighbors wished for that kind of support, but never got it. We've attended numerous Heartland Rallies and made many dozens of friends.
- Dan Mayer, Colorado

2020-12-31 2021 Heartland Torque View Listings

Our rv is less than two months old and leaks like a sieve when it rains. Keep plenty of towels handy. Wood trim coming loose all around inside. Outside storage compartment fill with water when it rains.
- Len waldroup, Texas

2020-12-21 2016 Heartland Cyclone 4150 View Listings

Great floor plan, RV easy to move around. However, the quality is less than desired. The floor isn't sealed up good, and rodents with infest your walls, get in the space between the floor and the weather seal, eat your wiring. I have had the fridge repaired once and all three Air Conditioners had to have valve installed to charge with coolant. The shower drain leaks with no easy access. The main TV failed and had to be replaced. The nearest dealer for warranty repairs is two hour drive away. I wish I had never bought this thing. Only 10 more years to pay it off...
- Sean Scoggins, Mississippi

2020-12-18 2020 Heartland Bighorn 3375SS View Listings

I would highly recommend looking at a different brand. Given they are all built like junk in my opinion this takes the cake. I have had nothing but problems with this 5th wheel since day one. Blown hydraulic line from factory. Bad fridge sensor(constantly thinking the door was open and triggered alarm). Two leaking water lines. Above the powered recliners the ceiling decided to separate pulling all the staples with it. Mind you the staples used to staple paper together are bigger. Nothing but junk materials used on this. We also had our grey water tank #2 valve stop working, zero clog the cable used to open it came disconnected. All of these issues have happened within 3.5 months of owning it.
- Riley, New Hampshire