Heartland Reviews on RV Insider (594)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Heartland RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Peter and Karen Razza from Rhode Island says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2018 Heartland Mallard 28 View Listings

Recently purchased a 2018 m28. Being fully aware that to build a 30' trailer with a gvw of 6900 lbs it had to be built with light material's. If your expecting a heavy duty bullet proof camper this is not for you. That being said in the light weigh class this trailer is awesome lots of cool details like great lighting big shower lighted storage. Plus it's beautifuly laid out. The center island really makes it work. Tows easy with my v8 f150.
- Peter and Karen Razza, Rhode Island

2020-08-09 2020 Heartland Pioneer BH175 View Listings

Very cheaply made. Purchasing a heartland pioneer is not recommended! Was excited to buy my first new camper. Should have done more research on the heartland Pioneer bh 175. First time out it rained. Water poured through the ac unit. What a mess I had to clean up. Air unit was not bolted down tight. On the way home from my ruined birthday weekend the exhaust fan cover blew off. Molding around he bunk beds will not stay on. Storm door panel won’t stay in place. Electric brake away cable was broke. Screws in the outside molding came out. The mattress is not even worth putting the the camper. I could go on. The price you pay be this camper is far more than it is worth. Camping World charged me $1,000 to prep the camper. Evidently nothing was checked! Wasn’t even swept out. Metal shaving were every where. I’m stuck with a high interest rate payment for the next 10 years on a camper that might last 1 year.
- Donavan Daily, Virginia

2020-08-07 2017 Heartland Wilderness 2575RK View Listings

We bought our Wilderness 2575RK new at Camping World of Chattanooga. I would not buy from them again for other reasons, not the trailer. The trailer had no issues. We liked the light weight, pullability with a half ton truck, and the design of the couch straight across from the retractable TV. Didn't have to look sideways or upward at the screen. At the time this was a new floorplan that we had not seen elsewhere. Now, after 3 years, we are very satisfied with it. We have had a few problems, mostly minor. Fixed then all ourselves. The most serious was a slideout gearbox failure that occurred midtrip. We managed to finish the trip by me being outside pushing or pulling while my wife operated the switch inside. The replacement part was $75. A Youtube video provided the knowledge to fix it, and we were good to go again. We have put about 20,000 miles and six months worth of nights in it. Been to Yellowstone, Big Bend, Utah, Great Lakes and numerous nearby campgrounds. Enjoyed it all.
- Alan Cockrell, Alabama

2020-08-04 2018 Heartland Bighorn Traveler 39FL View Listings

The irony here for me is that we traded in our 2018 keystone cougar 5er,which we had just bought new, and were having ALL the problems mentioned here...for a 2018 Bighorn 3010. Our new rig has lots of rinky dink problems,also, but not so bad.the rig is much nicer,and we hurried and used it a lot in that first year warranty period. We do go out in the desert, boon docking,so we account some problems to that...but, after many discussions with travelers in the Quartzsiteand Yuma area my theory is there are higher quality crews or shifts or bodies of workers, and if your fortunate enough to get a better crew, you won't have cabinet doors falling off and missing molding, and screws,etc...Its confounding, the poor quality is so widespread! One biggy for me was how many voices, on the forums , emphasized the PDI, pre delivery inspection...we did that big time, and had many small things done b4 we drove off the "lot where they forget you".
- P.J.Safady, Oregon

2020-08-04 2020 Heartland Prowler 180RB View Listings

Perfect size for up to 4 people, light weight with nice stove and oven. Refrigerator has a freezer on top for those ice cream lovers, plus ample room in bottom portion for other cold items. Bathroom is roomy with plenty of storage areas for bath towels and such. Double axles makes for a very stable travel trailer at interstate speeds. Overall excellent for hunting camps or at any camping areas, as it is self contained.
- Jerry Petrey, Arkansas

2020-08-04 2015 Heartland Bighorn 3270RS View Listings

We purchased a 2015 Heartland 3270RS Bighorn new off the lot after we had looked at them in RV Shows. We fell in love with the floor plan and the durability of the coach. We have had few problems like bedroom slide not operating correctly but after taking it to the dealer and they could not figure out what was wrong as it never did it again, we experienced the same issue once again and I self diagnosed the problem as a loose twisted wire with a wire nut that was not very well secure making intermediate contact. (Fixed) Slide toppers are after market so I can't fault the manufacture but the dealer did a poor job of installation. The biggest problem we have had is a crack in the fireglass above the rear slide toward the front of the coach, it ends up being a weld within the frame of the RV that has come unwelded, we had to have the slide removed, and internal walls disassembled to re-weld the aluminum weld, and then have the fiberglass repaired, we thought that after a $6,000 bill it was behind us well, the crack has re-appeared but the shop we had to work done warratines the work so its back into the shop again to see what the repair will be. I contacted Heartland but they did not return my requests for reimbursements of the repairs. When you purchase a high end RV you expect it to be of good quality and will last a long time, 5 years is not a long time, we don't manhandle our RV and do not take it off road so it was unexpected that we have a crack in the fiberglass, it needs to be repaired or it would lead to water infiltration and then delamination. I am happy with the RV as it is the right size and comfort for us but the high cost of repairs puts a pinch in our enjoyment of our travels wondering what will break next.
- Russell McFall, Texas

2020-08-03 2020 Heartland Pioneer DS320 View Listings

The ownership of any heartland product is highly NOT!!! recommended. To start with we purchased the DS320 from a Camping World in May of 2020, we were set up June to camp and it began to rain, no big deal there but come to find out both slide outs were leaking from the seams on the top side completely a manufacturer issue. We took it to Camping world and they fixed the issue and agreed it was a manufacturer issue 'worst job ever seen' quoted from the service manager. Thought we were good, then we find the toilet leaking, my kid cut hit foot on a staple being pushed through the linoleum on the floor, kitchen sink leaking from the sink basin and the water input on the hot side. I would never recommend to anyone for any reason to purchase a heartland product. Their website which talks about quality is a total lie. Frustration level is through the roof, so much so I'm taking on substantial negative equity to get rid of this thing.
- Michael Greenleaf , North Carolina

2020-08-02 2016 Heartland Pioneer DS310 View Listings

nice looking trailer. Quality is terrible. My 2016 DS310 is rotted out.all tips leak like crazy. Stepped through the floor last week. Place i bought it from i would never buy again. Bought the top of the line warranty. May as well throw that out the window.place is a joke.sell you the world but when it comes down to service its beyond terrible. There is 7 more trailers in our park and every one of them has nothing but issues . Sivk to my stomach yo know I paid 30 k for a piece of junk.stay away from them.look nice and practical but shit quality.
- Robert Kovacevic , Ontario

2020-08-01 2018 Heartland Landmark 365 Oshkosh View Listings

I bought this 2018 Oshkosh used 6 months in July 2018. Nice trailer on the surface. High end components. Average to above average workmanship as compared to other rvs. Bedroom slide floor rotten when I purchased after 6 months of use by original owner. Dining room slide bracket tack weld broke in 1 year. Power cord reel broke after 6 months. 3rd AC never cooled. 2nd awning LEDs never worked. Loose shackle on driver side wheels. Power mgmnt system never worked. Main 12v power connection hidden behind panel came loose and blew main fuse. Some other minor issues not worth itemizing.
- Ron Hedlund, Virginia

2020-08-01 2012 Heartland North Trail 26 View Listings

This trailer has manufacturing issues. Windows lacked original seals, skylights leak. Leaks down walls, onto floors...it has been a constant issue. When you have to take windows out to find there is no seal, you know there is no quality control at the factory. We have messed with the window for years. Never real7z3d the issue because it was garage kept. It had to rain on us while camping, for us to figured out water was running between the vinyl wall onto the floor. Of course by that time the OSB was rotting. We love the camper's inside,but will never buy a Northtrail again. We do not recommend it either.
- lisabkost, Indiana

2020-07-30 2019 Heartland North Trail 22RBK View Listings

My wife and I have loved our trailer so far. We like that the a/c is ducted thru the ceiling to more evenly cool. Love the wood cabinets. We love the rear bath and storage. We like the U shaped dinette. And love outside kitchen. We bought ours with the Caliber pkg. So it has power stabilizer Jacks, hard surface countertop,rear load rack, power tongue Jack, power awning, and gas grill. And I love the wide Trax axles. I researched all trailers, and thought Heartland North Trail was the best built trailer for the money we spent. Dry weight just over 5100 lbs. Things we would like to see changed: use screws on outside of coach that don't rust; I've had to replace sheet metal screws that were missing or loose; I would like Heartland to offer an upgraded tire PKG. I've reinstalled trim piece that was loose; and we replaced queen RV mattress with a standard queen memory foam. We bought our 22RBK earlier this year. It was a 2019 leftover. And my overall review is, we love our Heartland, and that we would do it all over again.
- William Price, Ohio

2020-07-30 2021 Heartland Mallard M335 View Listings

I purchased a brand new 2021 Heartland Mallard and it is a POS $38,000 worth of sh—. Buyer beware do not by a Heartland. The slide outs leak, the closet is falling apart, the dresser is made out of poor material in fact everything about is poor. Don’t let the floor plan looks get you, because it’s not what you think. Horrible experience ever in my entire 54 yr life. Why is this even legal such a ripoff.
- Verlisa Johnson, Texas

2020-07-28 2019 Heartland Mallard M32 View Listings

Every time we use our trailer it goes back to the shop. Water leaks, build quality not very good,led lights didn't work in awning curtains falling off cupboards not closing. Not happy at all with the quality of workmanship
- David sinde, Oregon

2020-07-28 2020 Heartland Landmark 365 Concord View Listings

Purchased this from Open Road in Arlington, Washington and we have not been able to use or live in since purchasing in June. Most of the side lights/fascia on the interior slides have fallen off, window trim is coming off, kitchen doors warped, extensive water damage on cap and basement/storage area due to defective roof and holes on the roof, A/C units do not work properly, shower stall coming off the back wall, shower doors are too small for this unit and will not close all the way, steps not attached, grommets around water lines missing to keep rodents and debris out, slides are not square and have large gaps causing damage to the slides, exterior windows are not lined up and overlapping, cargo doors overlapping and won't shut all the way, floor in bedroom has a large hump in the walkway, screws coming through trim, fireplace doesn't work properly, Morryde hitch has a chinking problem with all the water that is in this unit causing wavy and keeps coming loose, the plug works it way out of the bed of the truck, rear cap is dented and damaged, refrigerator door is damaged, apron to sink is damaged, wallpaper and trim coming off the back of the kitchen wall and more. We are losing money since we cannot live in this unit and have to keep making payments on one of the worst fifth wheels we have owned. Way overpriced with cheap craftsmanship.
- Diana Flint, Idaho

2020-07-27 2020 Heartland Road Warrior 4275RW View Listings

My wife and I bought our Toy Hauler Dec 2019. When we went to transfer belongings they were having to rewire the hot water through the ceiling because it wasn't done during assembly. Durring travel the inside wall board coverings popped off and had to be re glued and nailed. The windows don't close properly and snow accumulates inside. The electric living room furion heater has already been replaced last year. And Now the side porch has buckled and has a long roll down the center from moisture. I've never been so disappointed. Also had to replace the bedroom mattress after 3 months because the body indentions were so bad in it. And the inside door latch that leads to garage had to be realigned so it would close, bedroom door needs to be done as well. Such a mess!
- Scott, Montana

2020-07-26 2019 Heartland North Trail 33BUDS View Listings

Have used this multiple times for full family trips and couldn't be happier! Quality, durability with a great open floor plan! Amazing option added value and didn't believe it would sleep my family of 9, grandkids and dogs alike! Thank you Heartland!
- R. F., Colorado

2020-07-26 2018 Heartland Pioneer RG26 View Listings

We’ve never had any problems a few minor things , ceiling and some peeling off of cabinets. No spare tire only real complaint. We have taken it about 10 times. Air and furnace work great . Taken grand kids and 2 dogs camping and husband has taken it hunting with our son.
- William Pullins, Ohio

2020-07-25 2019 Heartland Mallard 335M View Listings

We purchased the Hertland Mallard 335M in 2019. We were looking for a large trailer and were leaning towards a 39' Laredo but there were none to be found so we started looking at tailers with a comparable floor plan and found the Mallard in Vacaville Ca. When we got to the dealer the mallard had already been sold. So we ordered one, we were told it weighed 8500lbs and would be in in two weeks. We arrived to pick up the Trailer and learned it really weighed over 10,000lbs. It did look nice so we took it anyway, knowing we would have to buy a new truck to pull it anywhere further than our home. This is where things started going downhill. We had a two-hour ride home and on the way all of the wood trim around the bedroom and the living room pop outs had fallen off and was damaged laying on the floor. The shower doors fell of and were laying against the back wall of the shower when we got home. I just did the repairs myself because we already had our trip planned and we would have never gotten a trailer back from the dealer in time. On our trip things got worse. The closet pole was the first to go, then the byfold door to the washing machine in the bedroom fell off. We discovered the sliding door to the bathroom was not installed to provide any privacy. We finally arrived at our destination only to find the spare tire holding on by a thread, the cable was not attached in the wall, the front stabilizer jacks didn't work, the bathroom doorhandle broke off, the entry door and screen door bottom hinge was broken. I was able to repair everything other than the door hinge and it's still broken. After a few days I went to empty the black and brown tanks only to find the labeling was reversed, which probably isn't a big deal but it is bothersome. We were out on the road for 1 month and on the way home the septic tank started leaking. There are many more things I could complain about but what gets me more than anything is that we paid over $40,000 for this POS and they didd'nt even include a cover for our under sized propane tanks. I better quit whining and get started on the next round of repairs on my poorly constructed $40,000 trailer so we can go on another. Needless to say I wish we would have been able to find a Laredo. Oh yeah the furniture is not residential quality, the double recliner is activated by pulling a handle connected to a small wire to lift the leg rest and of course they broke. We thought our son would be able to stay over while he was on leave from the USMC but the double sofa sleeper is not usable. So we arw replacing it with residential quality furniture including the table and chairs. Heartland needs to get a quality control supervised and teach their employees how to do their jobs.
- Ian Cherrington, California

2020-07-25 2019 Heartland Pioneer DS320 View Listings

Overall the floor plan is why I purchased this camper. It fits my family comfortably and the price was right. Pros: Floor plan Exterior kitchen Slides Bathroom accessible from the outside Bunk house Cons: Has room for extra storage that the factory didn’t utilize Seems to be built in haste Controls for water pump and heater are accessible to children (could have been higher.) Overall a low quality of build, I am systematically going through and correcting the little things the manufacture should have done. Conclusion I would buy this camper again, considering that I saved 10k compared to the competitors version. Who knows possibly the competition is equally constructed.
- Rich, Colorado

2020-07-24 2011 Heartland Big Country 2950RK View Listings

Very happy with this 5th wheel. The interior is very well built, the bathroom is huge, and the outside storage is amazing. It is a bit heavy, but when you see the interior, you will under stand why. It tows very well. We purchased this unit used.
- DARYL KARL, Alberta

2020-07-23 2016 Heartland Mallard M32 View Listings

My wife liked the floor plan of this unit I wanted to buy a Passport. We bought this Mallard new 2016 and have had nothing but problems with it first trip outdoor kitchen hatch leaked water around seals took three 60 mile trips to camping world to get that fixed next trip stabalizer jacks stopped working electrical problem LED lights on front quit electrical ( Recall for fire hazard no notification)monitoring panel stopped working wire pulled out of loose wire nut furnace quit while on deer hunting trip igniter took 3 months to get it replaced under warranty for all of these. Out of warranty front bedroom lights quit working (wire nut loose wire pulled out) lights in kitchen quit (Wire nut issue wire pulled out) Slide out in the Bunk house quit working no power to switch found loose wire nut which did not correct problem called Heartland for guidance service dpatment told me if it was not a fuse they didn't know but may be bad motor which I bought which didn't correct problem. Toilet leaked bad preassure valve Water pump quit working replaced pump. Heartland kept telling me to take camper into dealer out of warranty at $145.00 per hour and a 120 mile round trip and loss of use for weeks at a time which being a campground manager I could not do. All of these issues were or are caused by piss poor quality If I knew then what know now I would have went with the Passport. Will never buy a Heartland product again.
- Arthur Cour, Michigan

2020-07-23 2013 Heartland Landmark Key Largo View Listings

Full timers for 4+ years. We made some modifications, new Luxury Vinyl Flooring throughout, residential fridge, futon in front room, surround sound, updated water filtration and softener system, painted cabinet doors makes it lighter and brighter inside. "G" rated Goodyear tires, disc brakes (double thumbs up! Love them). We pull with '12 RAM 3500 Dually Lone Star, love the truck, pulls great and rides great! Have traveled much of the USA.
- Ken Thompson, Texas

2020-07-23 2015 Heartland Cyclone 4200 View Listings

We've had ours for almost 5 years. The features and overall experience has been awesome. Love the two patios, it drives like a 30 footer, hard to believe it's as long as it is behind my F-350. The toy hauler area is fantastic with a clean-up bathroom, twin queen beds, flat-screen, table setup. We've loved it! Yes, there have been some minor items, but that's RV life.
- ssteiner, Texas

2020-07-22 2017 Heartland Landmark 365 Madison View Listings

The most expensive and worst quality RV we have ever owned (this is number 5 for us). Numerous plumbing issues. Numerous wiring issues. Living room slide was poorly installed resulting in $10,000 worth of water damage (the leak and damage were concealed so it took two years to find it). It was covered under warranty. Design issues with towing - the chucking is so bad it causes my wife to have motion sickness (this maybe why production of this model was suspended). I've tried everything - different trucks and different hitches - same result. We are so sorry we bought this piece of junk. Every time we tow, I have something new to fix. This NOT the result of a poor PDI (pre-delivery inspection). These are not acceptable problems. Terrible, terrible workmanship. The only thing good about this camper is the beautiful paint job. We do like the floor plan except the king bed leaves just about no room to make the bed and changing the sheets is a real production.
- Clark Melillo, Virginia

2020-07-20 2011 Heartland Big Country 3450TS View Listings

I like the RV because it is roomy and has a ton of storage. Being in the oilfield, and living in them full time, you want as much comfort as you can get. I like having a big bathroom as well. I do the majority of my cooking outside but still love the room the kitchen offers. The only downfall is the bed in the couch...it's just a blow up mattress but we never used it anyway. This RV was purchased used so not too sure about the warranty but overall we loved it!!
- Kelli Howie, Texas