Heartland RVs Reviews (382)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Heartland RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of these RVs.

Peter and Karen Razza from Rhode Island says:

Have you owned any Heartland RVs? Write a review

Voted Most Helpful Review 2018 Heartland Mallard 28 View Listings

Recently purchased a 2018 m28. Being fully aware that to build a 30' trailer with a gvw of 6900 lbs it had to be built with light material's. If your expecting a heavy duty bullet proof camper this is not for you. That being said in the light weigh class this trailer is awesome lots of cool details like great lighting big shower lighted storage. Plus it's beautifuly laid out. The center island really makes it work. Tows easy with my v8 f150.
- Peter and Karen Razza, Rhode Island

2019-06-11 2018 Heartland Mallard 28 View Listings

This RV is a piece of junk, just turned a year old and have had nothing but problems! Heartland is a horrible company to work with, as well as Camping World. I knew I should have gone with an established company! Be warned this RV is not worth a red cent.
- Vicki graziano, Alabama

2019-06-10 2019 Heartland Pioneer DS320 View Listings

Have had multiple problems leaks bad construction loose floor screws poking up through the laminated floor. Panels falling off the wall. Gaskets on the slides falling off. Electronics failing. Water damage from the leak. And it 3 months old. Can't find anyone who does warranty claims except camping world. It sat there for 3 weeks nothing has been done.
- joe , Georgia

2019-06-08 2018 Heartland Mallard 28 View Listings

My partner and I have owned 10 campers. This is the biggest piece of crap ever made by a camper company. The dealership asked them to send a new rv but no they want to do the over twenty repairs including and upside down slide and he’s in floor. Yes it’s new and no we can’t use it. It’s sitting at the service department. If you’ve thought of buying Mallard, run like hell!!!
- Pam Smitherman, Alabama

2019-06-08 2017 Heartland Bighorn 3575EL View Listings

Having the opportunity to travel and explore in our Bighorn for the last two years has been wonderful especially with all the comforts of home. Utilizing the many amenities such as the Washer / Dryer, full size refrigerator which has the electric or propane option, auto find Dish receiver, 330 watts of solar with 2 - 2000 watt pure sine inverters and large fresh water tank capacity made dry camping and state or county park camping the best. This is our 2nd Heartland Bighorn and the quality construction and great insulation values can't be beat. It's Industry leading features such as the Universal Docking Center, 88 Degree Turning Radius front cap designs, Laminated World including laminated roofs, floors and sidewalls, drop frame Texas Size basement storage and hydraulic landing gear, sets the Heartland Bighorn apart to pave the way in fifth wheel innovation.
- Richard Meredith, Oregon

2019-06-07 2018 Heartland Torque 345JM View Listings

Camper purchased brand new 10/17. September 3 2018 Labor Day while camping we noticed the complete bottom of bedroom slide out rotted underneath. Camping world couldn’t get in shop until April 2019. Heartland denies claim to fix. They don’t care about the product once sold Poor quality ans I wouldn’t recommend anyone to purchase the torque brand. Poor quality, poor made, poor service ans they don’t stand behind their product
- Terena Meadows, Tennessee

2019-06-07 2017 Heartland Landmark 365 CHARLESTON View Listings

Enjoyed the experience immensely! Roomy living area. Efficient kitchen. Lots of storage in the kitchen and the entertainment center. Televisions were nice. Large shower and tall commode. Lots of storage in bathroom. King bed was very comfortable. Large closet with a digital safe. Stacked washer/dryer. Automatic leveling was so easy. The awnings have wind and rain sensors. That was great when we were gone all day. Theatre seats were very nice. Spent several nights on sofa bed and slept all night. The 3 a/c units were great to cool different areas according to each couples needs. Easy to pull.
- Mary Berry, Oklahoma

2019-06-05 2017 Heartland Cyclone CY 4250 View Listings

Purchased our toy hauler in 2017 and have had nothing but issues. Currently our whole living and kitchen floor is soft. Contacted our extended warranty company and they did a pressure test and said it was a manufactures defect. Heartland will take no responsibility for this. Called numerous times, sent pictures and even offered to drive the unit to them to be fixed. This is not the only issue we have had with the camper. We had to have both AC's replaced, the kitchen sink completely fell out, but all of this was replaced under our extended warranty thank goodness. However, now we are left with a $10,000 bill to replace the sub-flooring and flooring so we can use our camper. Needless to say we are getting a lawyer. Please do your research and check out other manufacturers. If Heartland will not stand behind and do what is right for their defects on a camper that costed over $75,000 do you really want to do business with them? Buyers please beware!!!!!!!
- Patti Paull, Texas

2019-06-02 2012 Heartland Torque TQ291 View Listings

I loved this RV for camping and had a great time at the lake. We had everything we needed and we built a nice deck for it. We were able to haul ATVs and a motorcycle in it. We were able to make pies and casseroles in the oven. Shower worked great plus the outdoor shower was great for our dogs and the grandkids feet before coming into the camper. We put a freezer in the garage for extra storage. We pulled it with a truck and it followed behind us and we never even noticed any handling problems. The only concern we had was the position of the TV in the living room up above the door. So we put one in the bedroom love that it's wired for cable/satilite in the BD, LV, and garage so there's options. We have 2 TVS that go with it. Also the Radio/CD player also has speakers outside for sitting out and enjoy the music
- Valerie, Minnesota

2019-05-23 2016 Heartland North Trail 26LRSS View Listings

I really love the layout and comfort of this camper. Everyone that has been in this camper loves it very much. This camper can be pulled by a 1/2 ton truck with no issues..hardly know it is there. we love it. I recommend to everyone.
- don Ska, Wisconsin

2019-05-21 2016 Heartland Prowler Lynx 30LX View Listings

We bought our trailer to make memories of adventure with our young daughter. She loved the back room, having bunk beds and space to play when taking a break from outside. We had guests utilize the dining table conversion bed and they raved about the comfort. We had a guest utilize the sofa conversion bed and he was very satisfied as well. Our kitchen area felt spacious with ample cabinet and storage space. The color scheme and patterns are easy to decorate with and provide a luxury feel to camping. My husband had no issues with towing or maneuvering with the trailer in his Ram 1500. We experienced excellent water pressure, air conditioning and all around comfort.
- Jessica , California

2019-05-18 2018 Heartland Prowler Lynx 25LX View Listings

I have camped all my life and Never have I had such issues, I will NEVER buy new again. I bought the camper in March and already have a roof leak by October in the bedroom. Took several months to repair. And now my toilet is leaking and I have no water in my new camper until it is fixed. Found out that the toilet has a leak and will rot the floor and I need to replace the whole toilet and repair the wet floor. No warranty or help from the manufacture. Absolutely Hate this company. Campers are cheaply made and no care on concern from the dealerships.
- Kristy Bitter, Ohio

2019-05-11 2018 Heartland Prowler Lynx 18LX View Listings

We bought this RV in October and it’s falling apart. We have had it in the shop for warranty work, which of course they haven’t fixed. I called and asked to speak to the guy who is our rep., of course he didn’t call back. Problems: Air Conditioner, broken seat, broken radio, broken hot water heater, broken blinds, broken door.....the only thing they want to fix is the radio. So this week I wanted to let them know about more problems and to ask when can I take the camper in. No return call from the Breaux Bridge sales sight. Today I ask my son to come and grab linens to put into the shop. He stepped on the stairs and went down instantly. I thought he slipped with all the rain we were having....no this 6 month old campers stairs came apart. I complained about the stairs previously because the wobble. There is absolutely no reason for these stairs to have faltered. This camper is under cover. It’s under a RV port and on concrete. The weather doesn’t even touch the camper. So now my child is hurt and we have no way in and out of this garbage camper.
- Gwen , Louisiana

2019-05-09 2015 Heartland Landmark 365 NEWPORT View Listings

We were looking for an RV that had room, large bathroom, privacy if one wanted to go to bed you would have access to restroom without disturbing the one sleeping. We loved the induction cook top, makes cleaning so easy. We loved everything about this RV. Would highly recommend it if your looking for room and not a closed in environment. Loved the idea of carpet being in living room and bedroom. The large island bar area is wonderful. So much cabinet spaces throughout the entire RV. The privacy shades are wonderful as you can see out and no one can see in. This is truly the RV to have.
- Tracey, Louisiana

2019-05-08 2019 Heartland Pioneer RK280 View Listings

2019 RK280. My wife and I purchased in October of 2018. Our friends purchased the exact same model, at the same time, from the same dealer. The campers are parked side-by-side at a campground about 60 miles from home. We are all in agreement that we wouldn't buy another Pioneer. Ours has been in for warranty work for a total of two of the first six months we've had it (A 60-mile one-way tow to the dealership). First night we used it, the heater quit working. Then, I noticed a water leak coming from a hole in the belly pan at the rear and the front storage compartment gets water in it every time it rains. First trip back to the dealer for warranty work was within two weeks of having the camper. Stayed there nearly a month. They had to take pictures and get factory approval for everything. The heater issue, I was told, was a wire that had popped off of the controller board. The leak from the back was a poorly connected water line under the kitchen cabinetry. Not only did that have to be repaired, but some of the cabinetry had to be replaced due to getting wet from behind and causing the MDF millwork to swell. The water coming into the storage was supposedly due to a bad gasket, which was replaced, but we still have the issue. It took a second warranty trip to get everything corrected because it took nearly two months to get some of the parts. Our friend's camper has a cracked wall in the kitchen (came that way) and also has a leaky storage compartment. Recently, they noticed water leaking from the belly pan by the front grey/black valve. Upon inspection, we discovered that several gallons of water had accumulated in the belly pan. We suspect it may be from the shower above, which would be no surprise since the shower pan doesn't seem to be sitting on anything solid. Ours flexes a lot when you're standing in the shower, I wonder when it's going to leak. Now, our friend's camper is getting the 60-mile, one-way tow back to the dealer for warranty. There doesn't seem to be much quality control going on at the Pioneer factory. If ours goes back for a third time this year, I'm calling them out under Georgia's Lemon Law.
- Ed M, Georgia

2019-05-02 2019 Heartland Mallard M26 View Listings

We like everything about this travel trailer. As our first travel trailer, we wanted to see if we'd like being on the road... the only reason we are selling it now is because we want a bigger 5th wheel trailer for more adventures!
- Alan Blair, Georgia

2019-04-27 2018 Heartland Landmark 365 Oshkosh View Listings

Our 2018 was in for warranty , Tualatin Or from mid October 2018 to April 15, 2019. We used it last week for the 3rd time. Many issues from day one.Electric chairs not working. 3 of four chairs failed. TV mount is a poor design. Failed to hold TV during travel. TV not working now. Main left side slide failed to close. Microwave and fireplace not working. Burned parts and bad fan motor. All molding have very poor workmanship. Cabinet doors are ares saging due to poor quality latches. Laundry door broken. Bedroom door has major dents. All window shades just do not work right and are missing parts. King bed when raised drops the bed into a 2 inch gap created by raising the Bed. Level indicator in black and grey tanks not reading correctly. All TV cables not marked. Some work,some don't. Automatic electric cord door broke on first use.Has 2 very small plastic pins to hold it it place. Poor design. I could add more issues. We have had ownership about 9 months. Have not had any fun with this RV yet. It always in the shop. The Heartland Landmark 365 Oshkosh is the best from Heartland? Not true. The workmanship and quality of the delivery of a usable high end 5th wheel trailer is of a very poor level. We are sorry we purchased from Heartland. Now living with a lemon and no Lemon Laws to protect us in Oregon. You can put lipstick on a Skunk but when you touch it...... o-boy what a stink.
- Bryce B, Oregon

2019-04-22 2019 Heartland Pioneer QB300 View Listings

This is the worst craftsmanship I have ever seen. Bunk bed torn away from wall. Screws not attached to studs. Door to bed room not attached. Stove not pre-burned. Steel shards in carpet. Circuit board bad. Lights shorting out. This is a 2019 brand new, no quality control or even a effort to build this thing. Heartland shame on you!! I will never own your product again.
- Vance Thurman, Colorado

2019-04-21 2018 Heartland Pioneer BH280 View Listings

Awesome Camper. No issues. Love the TV and couch. Large pantry space and plenty of storage. Outdoor kitchen = awesome. Built - in Led lighting. Power jacks Makes it easy to setup. Back rack for extra storage.
- Kacey Yelton, North Carolina

2019-04-19 2017 Heartland Wilderness 2450FB View Listings

The ONLY reason we are selling this beautiful Trailer is because it's to big for just myself and my wife who is disabled. During the time we had the trailer and took it on several camping trips we loved it. It has plenty of space for cooking, nice area for dining (which is the slide out section of the trailer) then the table folds down into a pretty comfortable bed for two smaller people or 1 larger person! We thought the bathroom was really nice and big with a nice roomy shower! The bedroom has a nice comfy bed. We did put a memory foam pad on top of the regular mattress. On the outside my husband was over the moon with his outside kitchen! Overall having to get rid of this trailer is very sad for us! This trailer seems to have plenty of storage inside and out. It's ready to go. Clean as a whistle with no known problems! Has always been kept in a barn except when not in use!
- John Straight, Oregon

2019-04-09 2019 Heartland North Trail 33BUDS View Listings

This model has a bunkhouse room in the back, however the entry door to this room opens inward the issue is that if people are sleeping in the lower bed on the floor you can’t get in or out of this room which is a major design issue especially if someone has small children in there & there is a fire and you can’t get in to rescue the children. When I called heartland they said it was not built wrong and that’s the way it is totally unacceptable. I will not purchase another one of there units again if I want it changed to open outward then I will have to pay to have it changed. I just purchased it two weeks ago & haven’t even camped in it yet.
- Jim Lewis, Missouri

2019-03-28 2015 Heartland Wilderness 3150DS View Listings

This Rv pulls very well very easy to set up only prob I have ever had is with Hartland it's self. Ended up fixing any prob my self. Floor plan is nice for a bunk house lots of room for the kiddos.i would recommend this Rv to others just have to be ready to fight with heartland but since this is our of warranty not such a prob.
- Ed, Alabama

2019-03-23 2018 Heartland Mallard 27 View Listings

I got my mallard 27 in September 2018 brand new took it out 2 weeks later the shock on one of the overhead storage was broken. the storage up front had a leak and the slide out seal when you took in the slide out in had a puddle of water by the bathroom.Took to camping world in December they took over a month to get it fixed. In the middle of March took the trailer out for my 2nd trip for two days found a leak in the bedroom window that went down the wall and into the floor. The water pump ran all the time and did not have much pressure for a shower. We bought the trailer brand new because we wanted to not worry about anything. but now it is back at camping world to get fixed again and who knows when I will get it back and what will happen next time I go out.We are not very happy with are travel trailer so far and should have bought a used one and saved thousands. I hope heartland QC is reading this and might do something about it for the next buyer.
- Rick, Oregon

2019-03-22 2008 Heartland Bighorn 3100RL View Listings

We love this unit. Had others but this is the best 5th wheel that we've owned so far. Looking for another now but so far haven't found anything we like better. We have owned this one 10 yrs now. Still tows like new. Very impressed
- Bob Ryan, Nova Scotia

2019-03-20 2018 Heartland North Trail 22FBRB View Listings

Bought 2018 Trailer in Fall of 2017. Took it out home 15 Miles to camp ground 25 Miles for a week had some minor issues took back to the dealer got it fixed but soon had to take it back then home again overall hauled less than 150 Miles. Winterized and stored it. Took it out in the spring for what was supposed to be a week. Set it up and discovered the front located bed was soaked and the front wall warped. There had been a lot of rain. There were also some issues with cabinet hinges not working Took it to the dealer to fix. It was still under warranty. They fixed the hinges but discovered that the seals require inspection and maintenance every 90 days (as stated on page 21-22 Owners Manual. We were not told that by the dealer. It is also unreasonable to expect some one to take it to a dealer every quarter for inspection especially when they could not find the leak we know existed with out an expensive test. I am considering a class action suit against Heartland if there are enough others with the same experience
- Paul Kauffman, Pennsylvania