Heartland RVs Reviews (426)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Heartland RVs Reviews and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of these RVs.

Peter and Karen Razza from Rhode Island says:

Have you owned any Heartland RVs? Write a review

Voted Most Helpful Review 2018 Heartland Mallard 28 View Listings

Recently purchased a 2018 m28. Being fully aware that to build a 30' trailer with a gvw of 6900 lbs it had to be built with light material's. If your expecting a heavy duty bullet proof camper this is not for you. That being said in the light weigh class this trailer is awesome lots of cool details like great lighting big shower lighted storage. Plus it's beautifuly laid out. The center island really makes it work. Tows easy with my v8 f150.
- Peter and Karen Razza, Rhode Island

2019-08-22 2018 Heartland Mallard 312 View Listings

I have wanted to replace my last TT for 10 years. I kept my eyes open to used models only. Finally bought a 2018 Mallard. Went to look at it and it was an instant sale. Love the layout. No more rubber neck to see the TV for anyone. Kids love the bunk with great location. Door to the bathroom is a must. Has the grey tone which the wife was on the fence until she saw it in person, loves it. I do not have a dislike after 6 months and 3 lake camping trips (1 week) each. 2004 GMC 2500 tow vehicle, tows better then my 20ft trailer with tractor. Very happy. Paid under 25k, no regrets. Did not know how much I would enjoy the party outdoor kitchen but have used every time. Electric awning w/ multi color leds, level jacks and installed electric tongue jack. Fit and finish is better than some of the 50k models I have seen. There are always going to be lemons and units that have little or big problems in every brand in this price range to be fair. None on this unit. You should take a look. With only one slide, surprisingly roomy with storage everywhere. You can spend a small fortune but I know for what I needed and want with the limited recreational use, it is a great match. Had the grand boys, my daughter and wife at the lake. All were happy, plenty of room, slept great, had a great time. Most all recreation trailers come with horrible beds, this one is no exception. Spend the money and get one of the bed in a box delivered to your door and throw out the original or put the thick pad on top of it. That is a must. Installed a 55" uhd Samsung smart TV in living area. Yes it is huge, everyone says that but all enjoy it when it is pouring rain and we are curled up with popcorn and a movie. Streaming from phone hot spot to Netflix or APrime. I did not mount it, just installed factory stand and take it down and lay on bed for travel. They are not that heavy anymore and I don't worry about the bracket breaking or TV falling. I didn't look close at many TTs because right off the bat, no door to bathroom, TV mounted to side, small or no pantry(this pantry is huge with deep shelves). So I don't know if the waste tank clean out fresh water connection is standard now days, but it is also a needed feature which this one has. At first I thought the standard 20lb propane tanks up front were a let down from the 30lb I was used to but then realized the convenience of stopping by the local store to exchange instead of worrying if the propane dealer or station was open. Many small and large stores have exchange cage. I carry a 20lb for the fish cooker anyway so I have 3. Long winded but if you can't tell, I love my Mallard. 3rd TT since first brand new 2000 model Layton 30'. Happy camping and enjoying quality family time.
- James Wyatt, Arkansas

2019-08-17 2019 Heartland Gateway 3700 View Listings

We loved everything about it roomy full refrigerator, lots of windows !! BUT it is not well made very cheap quality the craftsmanship is POOR we are really sorry we bought this trailer 😡 we should have looked better at the quality .
- Theo White, Texas

2019-08-15 2016 Heartland ElkRidge Extreme Light E292 View Listings

Poor workmanship. First year I had to replace the air conditioner and the water pump. The wiring and external antenna has never worked. I would never recommend this rv to anybody. Should have stuck with a Montana like I had before.
- Leonard Glasgow , Texas

2019-08-15 2019 Heartland North Trail 31BHDD View Listings

Brand new 2019 32ft northtrail. RV had a dozen problems from thefactory! Multipleleaks. Slide leaks. Trim falling off walls! Both heaters dont work! Pump works intermitentdly. And heartland RV support keeps flaking on me! (Says they will call back, and doesnt! It's been 3.5 weeks. I've had to deal w Ryan, Robert, Jeff, now waiting on Terry. Each time, they quit responding after a few days of "making progress", and blow me off with "we will call u back"! And then never do!! I'm on the verge of contacting an attorney tbh! Currently waiting on Terry to call me back, but I doubt he will. These ppl are NOT PROFESSIONAL!! Beware! (If they make this situation right, I will change this review! But as of now, avoid these scammers!)
- Ben, California

2019-08-14 2019 Heartland Pioneer RG28 View Listings

I am an active duty Soldier and I was looking at a PCS move after a deployment. So, I bought this RV so I could come back and live in it while I moved my family to my new duty station and completed some more training. I walked into Camping World, paid them 10G and financed the rest, and I parked this hunk of garbage so it would be waiting for me when I got back. Six months later when I got back, it was full of water damage! The mattress was ruined, the cabinets are ruined, I had placed the back table on the bed next to a quilt my grandmother had made for me before she died, they were both ruined! Keep in mind that I had not used this trailer AT ALL and had just moved it about 3 miles from Gander Outdoors/Camping World to my storage area and parked it. I've never gotten to enjoy or use this trailer because it's been in the shop all summer. I tried to file a claim with my insurance and they said it was a manufacturing defect. I took it to camping world and they told me that Heartland had denied the claim but then they reconsidered I guess because I'm a Soldier as "a favor to me". They agreed to fix the leak and replace the mattress and the table but they didn't replace an contents or the water damaged cabinets. I called them 2 times and it took a month to get "Chris" to call me back on the phone. He told me if I didn't like the decision that he and his manager had made, he could just deny the whole claim and not fix anything and then he wanted to know how I liked that. Thankfully, I had already gotten the work done and I can't really be ripped off by these guys anymore, aside from the fact that I am the owner of a piece of crap on wheels that is still full of water damage. They never fixed the cabinets and the internal damage and I can't really get another quilt. I let them know that they had lost me as a customer forever and that I would write this review and a lot more. I want everyone to know about my bad customer service experience and I want everyone to know what a low quality product they produce. I will try to sell this as soon as I get to me new duty station, if this thing will make it that far. Also, this trailer is made of the cheapest materials possible and looks like it was put together by people who take no pride in their work. There is just sloppy work all over this trailer and I'm sure there will be much more problems ahead as I suffer the misfortune of owning one. I don't know what kind of QAQC program they have at Heartland but it must be as poor as their workmanship and customer service because this one should not have left the factory. This trailer was a rip off and they refused to make things right. I was just trying to do the right thing for my family and now I'm out a bunch of money because of their incompetence. I would strongly recommend that you do not buy a Heartland RV because if you do, not only are you buying something substandard, you are buying it from people who won't even stand by their work. So why waste your money?
- Scott Purvines, North Carolina

2019-08-13 2019 Heartland Fuel 287 View Listings

Bought mine a year ago and I love the floor plan but hate the multiple issues. Over 200 days in the shop not counting this time which is going to be another 90 + days. Dealing with lawyer now so can't dicuss much. BUYER BEWARE.
- Wicked Drummer, California

2019-08-11 2016 Heartland Gateway 3650BH View Listings

Have had issues from the beginning. Took to dealer who kept for 6 months and got back with more issues. Wallpaper is coming off walls, kitchen dinette divider has broke twice and now the leak that the dealer told us was overflow is not and trailer has a leak we can’t find no mater if we are dry camping or hooked up to city water. The quality of this trailer for $60,000 is crap and the customer service from the dealer is worse.
- Denise Poor, California

2019-08-10 2018 Heartland Cyclone 4115 View Listings

second year owning this camper. noticed signs of water intrusion under the master room slide. wall seems to be delaminating under the slides, heartland will do nothing to cover this factory defect. customer service is a joke. the campers are made to a very low standard. fit and finish is a joke. constantly fixing things that break or fall off in the interior of the rig. ill never buy another camper from this company. EVER! steer clear.
- gizmotek12@gmail.com, Maine

2019-08-08 2019 Heartland Sundance 221RB View Listings

Between the furnace not working the fresh water tank had a crack the coax to tv satellite was bad. Wiring to the back camera was bad. We bought this from Brett’s RV in Billings, Mt last August and we are finally getting these things fixed still under warranty thank goodness. Heater worked part time would heat for a couple hours and then not come back on. Been to Brett’s six times do not know if they are replacing the same part each time have not gotten a straight answer. Nothing but problems dealing with them. We love the layout. One thing we have to do is cut and put a vent in bathroom door to get heat in their which their should be heat in a bathroom. Hopefully the heater works when we take it to mountains on Labor Day.
- Casey Lythgoe, Montana

2019-08-07 2018 Heartland Mallard 28 View Listings

Heartland mallard m28. Love the camper. Would be better if ac was bigger. Towe well behind my 2010 Chevrolet avalanche. Can no say anything about warranty. Because if you bay it used heartland blows you off.
- Neil wood, Mississippi

2019-08-06 2017 Heartland Landmark 365 CHARLESTON View Listings

I purchased my Charleston Landmark 365 in October of 2016. I am active duty Army and my intent was to live out of this for the remainder of my military career, before I found someplace to settle down. I bought it at Camper's Inn in North Carolina, they were fantastic people and would go back there if I ever were to purchase another camper. I was under orders to report to California, so I immediately loaded it up and drove across country. I immediately began having issues. The cover for the light under the gooseneck fell off. The plastic door that covered the sewage hose stowage tube broke. The icemaker and water dispenser in the refrigerator would not work. Minor issues, but I was assured by the dealer that once I got settled in California, it would all be fixed under warranty. by the time I got to my duty station (Fort Irwin, CA) the inverter had quit recharging the batteries. Again I was assured that it would be covered under warranty. There were no full-hookup slots available, so I dry-camped for several weeks. This camper is not made to be used in this fashion. I had to collapse all the bump-outs in order to drive to the dump site. o My batteries would not hold enough charge to slide the bump-outs both in and back out on one charge. o The frequency of sliding them in and out also caused the glue on the fascia to come loose and several outlets quit working. My fascia is literally dangling by the wires. o Also through this process my black water flush valve stopped working, so I could not flush out my upstairs black water tank, resulting in foul odors filling the camper. I used the citrus drop-ins to keep the smell down. o The rollers on the shower door fell off so the shower door had to be picked up and shoved open and closed. o One of the burners on the stove quit working. o the soundbar stopped working. o nails started poking through the linoleum. o The kitchen table pulled out of the floor. o the weather stripping around the living room bump-out detached. o I can see daylight underneath the fireplace o the TV sags on its hinges, so when you access the storage behind, you have to lift the tv to set it back on the latch. o the carpet is peeling up where it slides in and out. o the awnings quit motoring in and out. o there are numerous water leaks underneath the trailer. o the second plastic door to the sewage stowage tube broke All of these things happened in the first 6 months of ownership. Since I was at Fort Irwin, CA, there were no dealerships that would support me. They said I could drop it off, but this was my home. I could not afford to live in a hotel for the weeks or months it would take to fix it. I contacted Heartland and they said the closest mobile repair service was in Las Vegas, which was two hours away. They said it was too far and would not support the warranty claim. I just spent $90,000 on a mobile home that was promised to get me through the next 10 years of my military career and within six months the manufacturer would not support or stand behind their product. I received an early transfer back to the east coast and immediately dropped it off at a dealership in order to file the warranty claim and fix everything. However, AGAIN, Heartland denied my warranty claim and refused to pay for ANY repairs. I am attempting to pursue lemon law action against them and get away from this awful company and its horrible product. I will never again purchase anything from Heartland and will exhort anyone I talk to, to never purchase one of their products. All they had to do was fix what was wrong and I would have been happy. Customer service was completely lacking and they made no effort or attempts to placate me. Do NOT buy a Heartland product!
- Steve Elpel, Virginia

2019-07-31 2020 Heartland Cyclone 4007 View Listings

I love the RV size I am a big person there is enough room for me to move about in the RV, it pulls like a dream behind my F-350 dually with an Anderson hitch. quality well that is the one thing they left out when they built it we purchased our RV from a place in Michigan ( mistake no.1 ) purchased it sight unseen ( mistake no.2 ) Heartland makes a very nice looking RV but it lacks a lot of attention to final finishes splintered wood on trim ends and cabinet frames, loose plumbing fittings that will leak until you tighten them beyond finger tight.one of the cabinet doors was in three pieces on delivery ( delivered to my home in Texas from Michigan ) being from out of state i had no walk through, I did get a few owners manuals with the RV and a thumb Drive that was useless in set up or function of any moving part of this RV, the expensive upgrade electric awning failed the second time it was opened, the out door refrigerator quit inside of 4 months, the tv antenna is a complete joke unless you are very close to a big city, .The entire interior was filthy saw dust and splinters everywhere inside of the cabinets , under the bed in the storage compartments etc. the electrical outlet layout is pitiful at best there should be more user friendly outlets without the use of extension cords. its littered with USB charging outets but those are useless for laptops lamps or fans.Do not trust the markings in the closet meant to guide in drilling an exhaust port for a dryer I hit a framing member during my installation the decal said drill here dead center of an aluminum stud,fortunately I am a very seasoned construction worker and can compensate for Heartlands short comings in attaching things properly or rebuild things that fall apart before they are even used. I spent the better part of a years salary buying this Cyclone 4007 I believe I could have found a better built unit for less do your home work and get everything in writing the big warranty that is sold with these RV's are a waste of money dealers sell sell sell but when it comes to service service service they all seem to clam up and walk away. in my opinion most of the dealers are crooks and liars, sure there are some reputable ones out there but few and far between..... do your homework search for reviews on any deal you attempt to make dealer and unit manufacture. one more thing my 2019 $85,000 RV 6 months later is worth $60,000 in trade value yeah I'm stuck with it till it either falls apart completely or I can find somewhere that will give me something close to pay off on it in trade. ok kids school is out I hope you have learned something by reading this Rant !
- craig Hess, Texas

2019-07-29 2018 Heartland Trail Runner 25RL View Listings

We bought a 2018 25ft RL camper in late 2017 BRAND NEW and had it stored for the winter at the dealer. We then had it taken to the permanent site where we had it leveled (took them 3 visits as they could not understand level to base instructions). We then had the shower wall pop off and after they attempted to fix they ended up putting more rivets in the wall (still bows out). then we find out the gray and black tanks were reversed (caused $300 damage to campground sewer system). We then had a wiring problem (TV and microwave would stop working). We then had a leak in the roof (the week we took off for vacation) and they could not come out until 18 days later to fix???? We had a temporary fix done so we could enjoy our vacation and after inspection and a claim, they are saying our extended ELITE warranty (which includes seals and gaskets) DOES NOT cover what needs to be fixed-which are seals and gaskets. The camper has to be towed and the pull out taken out to be fixed (I'd rather they tow it than do it at the site as they are charging us $140 each trip (nearly $900). Total estimate nearly $8,000. WHAT??? This is a new camper, only been on site 2 seasons...hasn't moved....maintenance and cleaning done as recommended....Claim into insurance company hoping they will cover...I find it hard to believe we pay nearly $2100 for an extended warranty and it does not cover anything??? Heartland is not customer friendly (The dealership has done a lot for us) but Heartland, NOTHING! WORST company ever. We bought it because it was MADE IN AMERICA! We have had NOTHING but issues. Wish we never got it. :0( any advice on how to handle this???
- Valerie Lopez, New York

2019-07-27 2019 Heartland Pioneer QB300 View Listings

Please head this review. Had a qb300 for 4 months and was finally able to switch. Leaks everywhere that destroyed the floor. Next to the slide leaked and destroyed that floor. Got it fixed. It still leaked and eventually leaked on the other side and warped that floor. The shower plumbing broke the first time we used it and leaked all over the floor. Toilet leaked. Total trash. Stay away.
- Joey, Missouri

2019-07-27 2015 Heartland Trail Runner 29IKBS View Listings

Where do I even begin. I bought this camper bran new in 2015. Has been nothing but a headache ever since. You would think buying a bean new 40,000 unit it would be in good shape. Literally everything is slapped together and is now falling apart. Theres gaps between the walls, the valances where crooked from day one. Took it out camping for the first time and they didn't even have a release valve put on to dump the sewer. Told the dealership and they basically told me I couldn't dump my tank (excuse me)! Took it to another dealership and they put one on for me free of charge. The floor plan is awesome and it has the space I want but it's so poorly put together. It was my first rv purchase I didn't know exactly what I should be looking for hut I guess live and learn... but I would stay clear of this make and model of trailer.
- Mishala Doucette , Alberta

2019-07-23 2019 Heartland Torque T31 View Listings

Great layout, excellent floor plan, great for toys and families. We love ours and have had a great time the few times we've been able to get it out. Highly recommend Heartland and the Torque lineup.
- Austin Wilson, Oregon

2019-07-22 2015 Heartland Bighorn 3875FB View Listings

In 2015 my recently deceased spouse informed me that we were retiring and buying an RV plus a truck to pull it with. We had gone to RV shows here in Houston for three years. My wife Terri had researched the 5th wheel extensively and we drove to Florida from Texas to get the one that she wanted. The Heartland Bighorn 3875FB had all the bells and whistles and was well made. My prior experience with RVs was zero so I had to learn quick. I did, however, have years of experience pulling trailers up to 57 feet 13’6” high so pulling and backing was not an issue. Selling the RV is a tough decision for me as Terri had open heart surgery in March 2015 and we hit the road in October. Three years and three road trips later my spouse developed heart issues again in May 2018 only this time a six week stay after a second open heart surgery her heart was not strong enough. I may, however, go with a small class C and take her urn on future road trips. The 2015 Heartland Bighorn 3875FB is full paint and in reasonably good condition. After market add-ons include a Winegard retractable satellite dish 360 degrees to pickups signals wherever you are plus a Cummins Onan 5500 generator cranking out 43 Amps power for dry camping. Dual gray and black tanks for one and half bathrooms plus large walk-in shower.
- Daniel Cheatwood , Texas

2019-07-22 2009 Heartland Bighorn 3385RL View Listings

I cannot say enough about how much my wife and I have loved this fifth wheel. We live in Coastal Virginia and love the beach life. The inside color scheme for this camper has always been one of the significant positives from the carpeting to the wallpaper to the countertops. Many campers represent a dark, "rich" theme. We find the lighter theme to be more open and pleasant. There are other campers that we have looked at and in the end, find the layout and color scheme of ours to well surpass anything we have seen since we bought this one. Its tow ability is excellent. It is easy to maneuver. Many ask how difficult pulling a 36 foot RV might be. I have an Ford F350 SuperDuty (an F250 is the smallest one should attempt with this size and weight camper), and it pulls like a dream. With the mirrors set properly, lane changes are very easy. The aggregation of all tank controls in one well-lighted place is convenient and simple regardless of time of day or night. The internal lay-out is excellent. With the bathroom/shower in the hallway (as opposed to in the master bedroom), one can have guests take advantage of the queen-size blow up couch bed and have free access to the bathroom without disturbing those in the master bedroom. This fifth wheel has always been fun!
- James Pasch, Virginia

2019-07-22 2019 Heartland Pioneer RL250 View Listings

Made one trip of approx 500 miles.. had to replace tires due to bent axle.. Camping World wanted us to bring unit to them but we decided not to destroy new tires.. debate between Heartland and Dexter (axle manufacturers) took extra week before settling.. got 2 new axles after 4 weeks which after reading other reviews is relatively short. Door between bedroom and living area ripped out as one one screw was holding it in. They tightened paneling and such... but left all removed bent nails and staples all over floor. All wiring in fuse/breaker box were loose and had to be tightened. Breaker for A/C has to be turned off before using heater as both come on when using heater. A/C only cools trailer about 10 degrees from outside temp. Mattress was indeed a joke. As we have now learned... best to read reviews before buying!! Avoid Heartland and Camping World Las Vegas like the plague! Must say the salesman we had did tell us they were crap tires...our fault we did not do proper research... won’t happen again!
- Steven Selbach , Nevada

2019-07-16 2019 Heartland Prowler Lynx 32LX View Listings

We bought this camper in April and it is falling apart. The a/c freezes constantly and for some reason it is not on its own breaker. It is attached to every plug and the microwave in this camper. So naturally everything trips when you run the microwave and the a/c. The counters are peeling off. My 1998 trailer isnt even doing that. Overall its a 25k piece of junk.
- Steven Williams , Virginia

2019-07-16 2019 Heartland Pioneer QB300 View Listings

Heart Land trailers are junk. Whoever put my 325ODK together should quit their job and find something to do that they are good at. Heart Land assemblers clearly have zero f#ck$ to give about the job they do. Everything from stripped screws, cabinets falling off, drawers next to each other not even with each other, plumbing leaking, DVD player that won’t play dvds, refrigerator in the outdoor kitchen won’t work, pulling metal out of my children’s feet (we have to wear shoes in our brand new camper)... plus so much more. I’m afraid that if I call my insurance provider that they’d total this thing based strictly on the damage and poor workmanship that was done during the assembly process. Heart Land should be ashamed of themselves for employing everyone that had a hand in assembling my trailer. Never again buying Heart Land junk campers.
- Mike Holm, New York

2019-07-14 2019 Heartland Torque T31 View Listings

Horrible!! The brand new unit I bought after actually receiving it three weeks later than promised was like receiving a used camper! Would not recommend anything by Heartland! On Punch-Out list found out that all four corners of RV leaked. Along with 10 other pages that are wrong with camper. Have contacted Camping World of Ashland Virginia numerous times and numerous ways and nobody will help correct the many issues wrong with this camper! Camping World support nor Heartland will contact me! Do not buy Heartland!
- Arlin/Dale, Virginia

2019-07-14 2019 Heartland Prowler Lynx 32LX View Listings

We purchased this trailer brand new in May of 2018. It was a piece of garbage from day one...from the toilet paper holder to the awning leaking and tons of issues in between. We called the dealer we purchased from and had no response. In June of that same year I had a heart attack and my husband fell and broke his back. By the time we got back to the trailer the 1 year warranty was expired. The manufacturer said "sucks to be you". The dealership was a little kinder as they didn't respond to our original complaints, however, all they were willing to do was take it back as a trade in. I paid 47,000.00 and they offered 24,000.00. Don't deal with Keystone if you can help it!!!!
- Andrea Carere, Ontario

2019-07-13 2018 Heartland Mallard 335 View Listings

My wife and I purchased this Camper solely on the floor plan and price. What w big mistake. First off it was listed at a little over 46,000.00 on sale for a little under 30,000.00. That should have been a big warning sign. On our first trip, exhaust fan over stove quit working. Since I have over 40 years of Industrial maintenance experience. I repaired that on the road. next couple of trips went ok until we tried to use the Fireplace, it went out, I replaced it with a better unit.We used the camper 3 times in 2018, the we Winterized it. First trip in 2019. AC in main area quit working. Replaced under warranty. Second trip this year no real problem other than it takes both AC units on full power to cool camper when temps are in the 90's. We just went on the 3rd trip this year and all wqas going ok until the rains came, pretty strong winds blowing rains. 3 windows leaked. Got up this morning water in floor Slide 1 had bad leak , carpet wet fake wood trim has blisters and peeling off. Thank goodness we bought extended warranty plan. Manufacturers warranty 1 year only. I checked it out when we got it home , all 3 slides have same problem. Very bad design, they all have potential to leak in blowing rain storm. IN my opinion only way to avoid this is to pay close to 4,000.00 for slide toppers. Warning Buyers beware. Stay as far away from Heartland Mallard campers as possible. They are built cheap and have the very cheapest accessories.
- WILLIAM PAGE, South Carolina