Heartland RVs Reviews on RV Insider (509)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Heartland RVs Reviews and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of these RVs.

Peter and Karen Razza from Rhode Island says:

Have you owned any Heartland RVs? Write a review

Voted Most Helpful Review 2018 Heartland Mallard 28 View Listings

Recently purchased a 2018 m28. Being fully aware that to build a 30' trailer with a gvw of 6900 lbs it had to be built with light material's. If your expecting a heavy duty bullet proof camper this is not for you. That being said in the light weigh class this trailer is awesome lots of cool details like great lighting big shower lighted storage. Plus it's beautifuly laid out. The center island really makes it work. Tows easy with my v8 f150.
- Peter and Karen Razza, Rhode Island

2020-02-21 2017 Heartland Cyclone 4250 View Listings

Great RV with high quality and amazing features. The outdoor entertainment space is like non other. The 2 bath feature makes camping with family so easy. This you can sleep the family plus friends. The unit has full size appliances and a washer/dryer
- cory, Colorado

2020-02-21 2019 Heartland Torque T32 View Listings

I wanted to write this review to compliment heartland for there wonderful customer service! I bought this toy hauler 13 months ago, used it a minimal of 10 times and been very pleased. The first few months I owned it I called them a few times and reached out for different things that I found or needed help with and they were more than helpful. No complaints from me!
- Charles Baker, South Carolina

2020-02-16 2020 Heartland Mallard M33 View Listings

Bought this brand new camper took us a month to get it home from dealer because of all the problems it had just being shipped to them sat in my driveway one day and brought it back do to finding more things wrong this camper is trash and built cheap I had a cheaper camper that was built better than these stay away from this brand very disappointed for a 30 + thousand dollar camper
- Joe , New York

2020-02-15 2019 Heartland Cyclone 4007 View Listings

We went with a full body paint and it’s gorgeous. That’s about the end of my satisfaction with Heartland. We’ve already had a major leak in the bedroom, broken blind, the garage radio doesn’t work, the sound bar falls down with each trip and the outside speakers stopped working. The coax is nothing close to what the diagram shows so good luck trying to hook anything up. Nice looking unit but very poor quality. I won’t buy another Heartland.
- Shawn , Texas

2020-02-11 2016 Heartland Bighorn 3760EL View Listings

As others have already stated, the Heartland Bighorn Product is the worst fifth wheel we have ever owned. We had 2 fifth wheels and a tow behind trailer before buying this unit new and have had more problems hands down with this unit than all 3 of our other units combined. We had problems before we even left the dealership and have never had a trip when something major hasn't gone wrong. We never buy extended warranties but did on this unit, and if we hadn't we would be broke by now. Very poor quality workmanship overall. Getting answers or help from Heartland is impossible. We take it out for a couple of weeks, and then it is in the shop for a month or more waiting for parts. It is been so frustrating and for the price, we had really expected a better product. We will never buy another Heartland product and if you're in the market for a rig, I'd steer clear of this brand. Just my opinion...
- Bill, California

2020-02-09 2018 Heartland Pioneer RB180 View Listings

I am adding on to my review from last year. I have used this camper quite bit this last camping season and wanted to update my previous review. First off, the bed totally sucks. the bed is located in the front and the angle of the front makes it next to impossible to lay in bed and watch TV because your chin is in your chest. The original mattress is not to bad but everyone has their own likes and dislikes. When I first purchased it I found a lot of minor issues with trim that were all easy fixes. I have had the roof checked twice a year and so far just need a little re calking but that's it. No leaks (yay). It has 2 USB plugs that did not work because the wires were not connected to it (easy fix). I believe there was no quality control whatsoever because all the problems I found would have easily been discovered and corrected if there was any kind of quality control inspection. All in all it is a nice little camper once you fix all the little issues with it but the camper is too small for two adults but for a single person it is not bad. I have a 1500 Silverado 4X4 and it tows very easy. Because of it's small size primitive camping is easy and fun. I have taken mine down dirt trails with no problems at all. All and all It is a good little camper, just give it a good inspection before buying one
- William Hyneman, North Carolina

2020-02-06 2020 Heartland Landmark 365 Phoenix View Listings

Run run run..had several issues called manufacturer...had owned less than60 days...extended warranty...S.O.L. After talking to a arrogant Service rep was told they didn’t make any money off of these...hmmmm...who got the check we wrote...we spend our money wisely if you want to throw yours out the window...deal with Heartland.
- John , Florida

2020-01-31 2015 Heartland Cyclone 4200 View Listings

This RV is full of options and add ons. Great for a big family or lots of room for a couple and all there toys. In great shape, and pulls like a dream. New Heavy duty tires so you hopefully never have a blow out while driving. Decks off side and back for great fun in the summer or warm days. Tv's in living room, garage, side deck, and bed room.
- Clay Hill, Colorado

2020-01-30 2019 Heartland Bighorn 3160EL View Listings

So disappointed in this 2019 fifth wheel. We have owned numerous fifth wheels and trailers that have been of "lower" quality (such as a Cougar, etc) however, this unit has been the worst. We have had issue after issue since we made the purchase of this brand new model. We have a had many bad leaks. One around a hatch that repeatedly filled the basement with a tremendous amount of water, one near the water heater and the bedroom slide as well. And too many other items...the rubber around the slides doesn't actually touch and seal, the falling trim inside, the poorly hung cabinets that don't close (every single one), the hatch door broke off to the power cord because it didn't fit properly, outside faucet leaked, the closet clothes rod fell out of the ceiling because it wasn't actually screwed into anything, the remote to the fireplace doesn't work I could go on and on. Every time we turn around there is something that needs to be fixed. I wish we hadn't made the purchase!!!
- Mary, Washington

2020-01-28 2015 Heartland Cyclone 4200 View Listings

We have been full timers for 4 years. Over all we are just ok with this rig. We have had issues with water leaks in the bathroom which caused us to replace the bathroom floor. We had to disconnect the outside shower because,we couldn't get that leak to stop and we got tired of loosening the rubber cover protecting the under carriage and draining water that collected there. These leaks also warped the floor in the undetneath storage area. The side porch leaks and it weighs a ton which makes it difficult to raise and close. There are no drains to allow collected water to escape. We feel that dry rot and structural failure are looming in our future. A bracket that holds the axles in place broke. This caused our rear wheels to move forward kissing the center wheels and effectively locking the wheels, prohibiting any movement at all. We had to drag our rig over 50 yards to get out of the way of truck traffic. That is when we found out that there are no towing services for moving a towable 44 foot RV. It took quite a bit of time to find someone to repair the problem. The wheels are still misaligned but we were able to make our destination...about 100 miles. We are too afraid to move our rig anymore because we feel it is unsafe due to the broken bracket and misaligned wheels. And, even a fix may not be enough. The workmanship and quality is lacking and disappointing. We are constantly repairing or replacing parts. We believe we have actually made the rig better because we replace parts with better quality items and workmanship. But, in the end, we feel we are fighting a losing war against lackluster and uncaring craftmanship.
- Jim, Florida

2020-01-25 2009 Heartland Landmark Augusta View Listings

I purchased my 5th wheel in Oregon, pre-owned in 2016 to use as my full time home. I had it delivered to Southern California to the mountains near San Diego and lived there for two years. Weather varied from 100+ down to 17 degrees! This well built, well insulated rig was comfortable throughout and the electric fireplace made it very cozy. The rear living was perfect for enjoying the views from every angle, and the open peninsula gave a spacious feel and was perfect for enjoying guest while cooking! Four slides gave me plenty of storage and wk around room. My cat really loved running from room to room with lots of windows to watch the world go by or catch a sunny nap! We moved to the high desert for a year and experienced the extreme weather there in comfort. Ample storage, hardwood cabinets, granite counters, washer & dryer, all made this economical, portable the perfect setting to live in, with the freedom to move my complete 'home' for the next adventure with minimum disruption.
- M. Legere, California

2020-01-24 2009 Heartland Landmark Augusta View Listings

Wanted an affordable, comfortable place to live in full time at a location of my choice. Met all my needs and comforts. Great amenities and quality throughout. Preferred staying long term and this qualified for length, and class in higher end private park settings.
- Elaine Legere, California

2020-01-20 2016 Heartland Landmark 365 Syracuse View Listings

We bought this rv new and are very happy with it. Heartland has been wonderful to work with and fair for some very minor issues while under warranty. The quality of workmanship really shows in the Landmark 365 series. The Syracuse is an excellent size for almost any park and it pulls beautifully.
- Dan, Texas

2020-01-20 2019 Heartland Pioneer QB300 View Listings

DO NOT BUY! Pros: floor plan. Cons: Sewer vent is almost inside the bathroom exhaust vent, so close that a vent cover cannot be installed and when parked with the wind from the rear the smell of feces fills the camper. The hot water heater cannot have an anode installed by design and it fermented while sitting over 3 months getting a leaking tub drain fixed. Now the water smells of sulfur and stinks the camper up terrible. The AM/FM radio didn't have an antenna connected. The furnace failed twice in the first 3 weeks. Back to the tub leak, the pea trap under it hit the floor and the tub had no support so it leaked. This despite two huge holes cut in the floor to accommodate the pea trap, they missed. Some of the panneling is pealing back it's so thin. Summary: The poor design, shoddy workmanship and cheap materials are appalling.
- Jim, Texas

2020-01-19 2018 Heartland ElkRidge 38RSRT View Listings

They must not go over camper before leaves factory . The large slide out in main area has windows that was not installed properly. One actually has a screw stuck between frame and structure which caused not to seal. This tells me that employees building camper don’t care because whoever installed window could not miss this and both windows are same way and leak air terribly! There is nails from nail gun in random places . When water pump did not work , I finally found it just inside large compartment after removing panel found wires just ran in all directions with no strapping. Looks very bad. They say the floor is insulated, however it is not all insulated. They fail to tell you they don’t insulate around the outer perimeter of the camper, only insulated on inside of frame. ( this is false advertising)And the floor in master is not insulated over fifth wheel. I am very disappointed in quality of our camper for the money we spent . All of issues would have been found if they had a qc inspection dept. which they clearly don’t have or they are same as assemblers “poor”
- Michaelwehrmeyer, Ohio

2020-01-19 2020 Heartland Torque 371 View Listings

Warranty is not any good. The leveling jacks were to low to the grow drug one those off at r/r crossing. Had that fixed on two thousand dollars. Had jacks lifted now want self level. Gas will not come to the stove and have know way to cook or heat, other then electric then you kick breakers. The blinds are no good cheap made, So beware when you buying one its yours the warranty is no good.
- Nancy haley, Georgia

2020-01-15 2017 Heartland Cyclone HD Edition View Listings

Shame on you Heartland for not giving owners of your rv's the courtesy they deserve when it comes to servicing your coaches. You talked to my husband today and you were down right rude to him when he inquired about a claim we made with you several months back. Your response to him when asked to talk to the person who General RV recommended us to was "Oh you can't talk to her!" "Your claim was denied." Who gave you permission to block our rite to talk to this person. Heartland did not even tell us that our claim was denied. We have been waiting for months for our parts to come in. We had a leak in an outside light above the main door which caused the wall to buckle and our shower in the back was kinked so bad in the back bathroom and backed up water into the kitchen. When we talked to General RV in Mt. Clemens , MI to find the water leak they thought it was coming from the door. So they changed the lock on the door and when we got the coach back it still leaked. Come to find out it was leaking thru the light. We had a years warranty and we reported the problem within the warranty time and General rv told us to document it with Heartland of which we did. Now we come back to General RV and ask them why we haven't heard from them for months and all we get is nasty remarks and that our claim was denied. It is against the law to offer a warranty and turn around and just deny a claim because you choose to make up a reason it is our fault it leaked. We didn't build the coach you did. Leaks just don't happen unless the manufacturer is not doing quality work or using quality product. We bought a coach with a warranty. We paid for that and it is fraudulent for you to deny service. We r in our senior years and want to enjoy our coach while we can. It is your responsibility and you know it.Sad that I have to waste my time writing a review that is negative instead of giving positive feedback. This should not happen in The U.S. Build with pride and back up your product and work.
- Jan, Michigan

2020-01-11 2018 Heartland Wilderness 2725BH View Listings

Bought this Wilderness 2725BH new from Gibbs RV in Waco Texas 18 months ago. Have had no problems with this RV. Tows easily with our F150 3.5 eco boost. This trailer offers a lot of amenities at a really great price. The outdoor kitchen is a definite plus. Gibbs RV does a great job taking care of their customers.
- Neil, Texas

2020-01-11 2018 Heartland Road Warrior 413 View Listings

We have a 2018 Road Warrior and we absolutely love it. We have lived it in full time for 7 months. It has everything a house has and more. The ability to be able to hook up to it and pull it anywhere makes it a freeing moment. My husband has a Harley and anytime we go to bike week it’s super easy to load and un load. Definitely recommend this toy hauler
- Jwoverby2291, North Carolina

2019-12-30 2019 Heartland Big Country 3155RLK View Listings

We purchased our unit new September 2019. Tows well and is an attractive unit with not necessarily the best interior fit and finish for the price. We have had issues which shouldn't exist in a new 5th wheel. It should have never left the factory or most if not all of the issues should have been caught and resolved prior to delivery by the RV seller. 1. After sale warranty service found all but one of the tv cables screw on connectors were grounded out making it impossible to receive cable or satellite signal. Bedroom TV did get over the air tv main living did not. 2.Kitchen drawer would not close after opening unless being lifted vertically. 3. New graphic was already beginning to lift and manufacturer cannot find replacement. 4. Black tank valve failed on first outing. 5. Bedroom clothes hanger ripped from sidewalls and ceiling during our second trip leaving clothes on floor. Onsite temporary fix required 6.Automatic leveling system digital display failed during second outing. Thankfully resetting rebooted system. Some may say these are minor new RV issues. I totally disagree. I think it is quality control at manufacture and RV sales/service at point of sale. My 2006 Alpenlite Voyager 34 RL never had any issues following purchase. If I sound disappointed in my purchase I guess I am. For the money spent I expect more construction quality and attention to detail by manufacturer and sellers service department.
- pdp, Arizona

2019-12-24 2016 Heartland Wilderness 2775RB View Listings

I bought my RV new in Gulfport Mississippi at Foley RV and was real happy. Then the first time i used it I found the shower drain was not hooked up and water flooded the floor, then the TV quit, the micro wave outlet has no power so I have to run an extension cord to another outlet. The people at Foley couldn't care less. They made the sale. I installed the pipe for the shower, I had to call the manufacturer of the TV for replacement. Now the front cap LEDs quit. I have it parked on a lake in Louisiana and its really not an option to tow it 250 miles to a service center.
- dean, Mississippi

2019-12-23 2017 Heartland Mallard M33 View Listings

Buy with caution had the camper 2 years it's already starting to delaminate company will not stand behind their product highly not recommend. I've had it in for service several times cable don't work piping leaked screw heads are broke off decals come off definitely definitely definitely would not recommend this company if you want a quality camper
- Doug weeks, Ohio

2019-12-21 2018 Heartland Sundance XLT 261RK View Listings

I bought this trailer because it was 1/2 ton towable. Like fiberglass siding and aluminum construction. The cabinets are junk. Paper thin - I had to fix several doors that were coming apart. The bathroom is not accessible when the slid is in... cannot pull over to use the toilet without extending the slide. Poor design. I called the factory with an issue I was having with a window. They said warranty is 12 months, sorry. The unit is 1 1/2 years old. Wouldn't buy another Heartland product.
- KURT, Virginia

2019-12-20 2020 Heartland Pioneer BH270 View Listings

I would give 0 stars if able. Biggest piece of s*** company ever! Beware and do your research! I wish I would have. The amount of things that have broken, a roof leak that they have refused to cover. RV is only 6 months old. We look at it and something breaks. Forget walking around it barefoot, there are so many metal shavings no matter how much we vacuum.
- Caitlin , Pennsylvania