Heartland

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Heartland RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Peter and Karen Razza from Rhode Island says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2018 Heartland Mallard 28 View Listings

Recently purchased a 2018 m28. Being fully aware that to build a 30' trailer with a gvw of 6900 lbs it had to be built with light material's. If your expecting a heavy duty bullet proof camper this is not for you. That being said in the light weigh class this trailer is awesome lots of cool details like great lighting big shower lighted storage. Plus it's beautifuly laid out. The center island really makes it work. Tows easy with my v8 f150.
- Peter and Karen Razza, Rhode Island

2021-07-25 2020 Heartland Pioneer BH270 View Listings

We bought a 2021 and it has had nothing but problems. We were towing it and it started to rain and it leaked inside and got mud everywhere inside. The quality is terrible as well. The cupboards are basically made of paper. I do not recommend buying one of these trailers.
- Kynlee Mitchell, Utah

2021-07-24 2015 Heartland Cyclone 4200 View Listings

We have owned this Heartland and used it while our kids were growing up. Great living space with room for all your toys. Tows great and has all the comforts of home. Have taken it on weekend trips and have used it for long vacation periods. You can totally be off the grid with this RV.
- Kevin Krug, Pennsylvania

2021-07-17 2020 Heartland Torque T285 View Listings

Bought 2021 heartland tourque , many problems , took it to dealer for work , heartland denied most waranty work , will not buy another heartland rv. It was real disappointing when we took it in to dealer for repairs , it was only 4 months old and we only had 1 camping trip in it
- Mike Thompson, Idaho

2021-07-04 2016 Heartland Sundance 3700RLB View Listings

Terrible rv! We bought this used and when we bought it we thought the auto level jacks were the only things broken. Got it home and found the microwave wouldn’t work without sparking. The front ac unit leaks like crazy when we use it and leaks all over the bed. The furnace doesn’t work, tried replacing the controller and that didn’t fix it. The living room slide wouldn’t stop leaking and has now ruined the paneling inside. The rear bathtub leaks and pour out water under the back of the camper and I’ve also had to replace the toilet because it wouldn’t stop running and flooded the back bathroom. I’d never buy another camper made by this manufacturer!! Terrible quality and so many things are broken and it’s only 5 years old!! HORRIBLE HORRIBLE HORRIBLE!!!
- Mark, Michigan

2021-07-02 2019 Heartland Bighorn Traveler 32RS View Listings

Refrigerator keeps blowing fuses and not working the way it is suppose to. Plug into electric and it wont come on.Works ok on propane. Fireplace switch broke to turn on/off. Should not have these problems with the money we spent. Manufactures pushing hard to make them and too many mistakes.
- cynthia kelley, Nevada

2021-07-01 2013 Heartland Bighorn 3585RL View Listings

We like this 5th wheel. This is our 4th trailer, 2nd 5th wheel. The is lots of storage, the 6 point auto level is wonderful. The power reel for the electrical hook up is nice. We also like the 12 cu ft frig. The power awning is easy to use. We bought it used so we did not access any factory support. We did go to one Heartland Rally. We like the integrated black water tank flush system. The factory rep was interesting to talk with about the Heartland product line.
- E. Parker, Michigan

2021-06-29 2020 Heartland Pioneer QB300 View Listings

Horrible have had 49 warranty issues. Heartland doesn’t stand behind their products. Wall is coming apart, heartland approved staples and trim. Wall is coming apart again heartland won’t approve the wall to be rebuilt. This camper has had walls collapse on us. Table falling apart, staples coming out of cupboards and paneling. Heater broke. Bunkhouse boards warping. Do not purchase this. Dealer doesn’t stand behind there product. They told me they will not approve to have the wall taken apart and rebuilt. And if the product fails again it’s not their problem. They said they do not care that I tell people not to purchase from them.
- Kayla R, South Dakota

2021-06-28 2019 Heartland Fuel 305 View Listings

We have taken this camper out several times in the past two years. We like the layout and storage it supplies. We are able to get two 4-wheelers in comfortably and a third small one when needed. For the most part everything works great. There are only a few things that we don't like. The ceiling fan only operates on high for a short time and then stops, but you can run it on low until you are ready to turn it off. The space where the generator is stored has a screen which allows water to come in and seep into the wall and on the bedroom floor. The most annoying aspect is the grey water tanks. The fuel 305 is supposed to have 98 gallon capacity in the fresh tank. However, the grey tank fills quickly and has to be dumped every other day because the water backs up into the shower. This is supposed to be a 60 gallon capacity tank. There is a second grey water tank which only supports the sink in the bathroom. This makes no sense as that sink is used very little compared to the kitchen sink and the shower. It seems a waste of capacity. We cannot figure out if the 60 gallon capacity is split between the two grey tanks. We really like this camper, but would like feedback on our issues and how to fix it.
- Renee Woods, Georgia

2021-06-24 2020 Heartland Cyclone 3713 View Listings

I have a 2020 3713 cyclone. Purchased at Wilkins rv in Bath New York. Overall we like it there is plenty of room and we plan on living all winter in it in Florida. We have a problem with the fridge it does not cool and the door alarms keep going off. This has been going on for a year and the dealer can not get it fixed. They should have replaced it but they haven’t. Now we have a window that leaks and I was told that I would probably have to paid for a new window. I think heartlands warranty is the worst one I have ever had. I have had different rv and never had a problem getting anything fix. It is in the dealership now hopefully is fixed this time.
- Lloyd bisel, Ohio

2021-06-23 2018 Heartland Pioneer DS320 View Listings

Run do not buy. Bought in April 2018, by June 2018 had to fight with camping world to look at it due to everytime it rains the dinette slide leaks. The toilet leaks, the pipes inside the trailer going to outside shower leak. The water pump leaks. The ac installed cannot keep up with the Fla heat. All screws falling out of fender Wells. Lights on awning work sometimes. This is a eye candy model but the list of problems go on. Camping world claims they fixed slide leak but today is June 23,2021 and I’m trying to find someone to look at slide water damage. All flooring under slide needs replacing as it’s caving in. Camping World are Liers and Heartland does shotty work. The price was cheaper than others and now I know why. So basically I’m stuck with a 300 payment each month and a camper that can’t be used and I can’t trade it in because I’m Too too heavy with bal. Do not buy learn from my mistakes. And of course anything water related is not covered by warranty imagine that’s. Final thought the electrical is constantly flipping the breakers hopefully it will catch on fire and I will be rid of it.
- Janet Hall, Florida

2021-06-21 2016 Heartland Pioneer DS310 View Listings

I really enjoyed this trailer lots of room. Back room as bunk over double and single bunk on the other side. Great for my grandkids. Lots of room. I would recommend this trailer to anybody. Very roomy inside. Side entertainment outside with sink. Outside door to bathroom great when kids are wet from playing with water there is no need to walk through trailer.
- Diane McHugh, Ontario

2021-06-21 2019 Heartland North Trail 33BUDS View Listings

We absolutely love this travel trailer! It sleeps 10 very comfortably with room to still move around! The quality, functionality is great! The interior is beautiful and the colors are very earthy and calming. The dark wood and dark upholstery keep everything looking clean all the time. The outdoor kitchen, grill and shower add to the external use while the really cool party package awning covers almost the entire length and lights up at night! The outdoor speakers also add additional ambience while enjoying the outdoor space! Great quality without any complaints.
- Robin Fischer, Colorado

2021-06-15 2017 Heartland Trail Runner TR 29 MSB View Listings

Let's start, Camper is great 1st 2 years. Roof split while on camping trip. Sealed it myself. Refused to honor warranty. Heartland factory left off strip joining the metal roof to the rubber roof. My dealer even said the mfg left it off. We sent pictures to factory, they denied any issue. mfg turned blind eye. Said it was owner responsibility, only 1 yr warranty on roof. cost me $850. Drip edge was spliced dead center of door. Factory would not honor request, dealer fixed it- haven't been in the rain yet to see if fixed. When it rains pour at door. Heater went out. Stabilized jack went out. Not covered ext warr. not covered.I am glad I purchased the Diamond extended warranty. Light in awning went out. Not covered. My bill was $1500. Better buy the best extended warranty, repair costs are expensive. Faucet leaked- cheap faucet-warranty fixed it after 2nd year. over all we love our camper, even though it has it's problems. Campers are like boats- It's a hole on wheels you throw money at. You are on your own dealing with the mfg. Dealers can help if you buy extended warranty. My warranty has saved me lots of money.
- K Schiller, Texas

2021-06-14 2021 Heartland North Trail 33RETS View Listings

We took delivery of our new 33RETS trailer and on our trip home without even using it, the molding above one of the sliders completely fell of. Not just a small one, but a plank about 4x5. Some of the shelves are completely crooked, and the mattress (although I get we should have tested it before we purchased it.), is like sleeping on a sheet of plywood. A discussion with Heartland, which totally makes no sense was, you shouldn't have purchased it if you didn't like the mattress, don't by the whole trailer. I am hoping we will not have many other issues as this was not a cheap Trailer to say the least.
- Ken Derector, Florida

2021-06-12 2020 Heartland Mallard M27 View Listings

my first big investment, we paid cash for a 2020 heartland mallard m27, with base cost of $26,000. we got this RV at camping world in Center Conway New Hampshire, the sale transaction was terrible, The staff needs training, overall my purchase was delightful, there was a couple of issues with the condition of my new toy but I dealt with it. We hit the road as new Rv people, yes we made those simple errors of setting up, planning ahead, etc. but we had a super great experience with our new toy, This mallard m27 is super great, 2-inch walls, fiberglass build, mother nature can not hurt this structure, well tornadoes and sort can, I have done a lot of research on Rv's and for a low entry into travel trailers, this thing is the bomb.
- brion howard, New Hampshire

2021-06-11 2018 Heartland Bighorn 3010RE View Listings

We traded in our new 2018 Keystone Cougar Half Ton Towable, for this 2018 Bighorn 3010. The difference was noticeable, as we had many rinky dink problems with the Cougar from the get go. The Bighorn has issues as well...we take it offroad, but overall, a better rig, with higher quality, and less worries. Overall, after talking to many owners, new RV's, in general, are poorly made and one can expect issues sooner than later. Inspect, inspect, inspect...before you buy ! Once your off the lot...your totally forgotten !
- paul safady, Oregon

2021-06-08 2021 Heartland North Trail 24BHS View Listings

Very dusappointed. First trip out many issyes. Holes in walls, no caking throughout trailor. Hole in outside of fiberglass on under left side, sesl under refrigerator is incomplete, causing a leak. Its a mess.
- Elken lougee, Arizona

2021-05-30 2013 Heartland North Trail 21FT View Listings

We bought this camper brand new from Camping World but there was a small tear on the outside flap of the side where the fold out bed was. We asked that it be repaired before we bought it. That entailed them taking off the one side and sending it up north to the factory. When it finally came back, the side that was replaced never fit correctly. It was so stressed from being too tight that it tore apart from the frame and started leaking. Eventually rotting the wood underneath.We couldn’t get Camping World or Northtrail to even respond to our calls. In addition, the camper was poorly made. For instance, the wall surface and shelves began delaminating before it was three years old. I will never buy anything from Northtrail or Camping World.
- M Auter, Florida

2021-05-30 2020 Heartland Cyclone 4005 View Listings

This is worse trailer I’ve ever owned all axles have been replaced rear axle has broken both spring hangers would never recommend to buy bunk beds go up want come down this happened twice I traded my jayco for this bad mistake
- Cecil Derrick, Texas

2021-05-22 2021 Heartland North Trail 25BHPS View Listings

This is a great RV it’s extra light so it tows really well. All the finishes are very modern with a Barnhouse feel and gray white tones this is great for families especially with the outdoor kitchen and outdoor shower
- Sarina, California

2021-05-18 2019 Heartland Prowler Lynx 255LX View Listings

This is the worst money I've ever spent on any thing junk there is no other way to describe this piece of junk.We started out first trip door kept coming open had doors replaced taps in backwards trim falling off just one thing after another now they put calking in all went hard and fell out not there problem no good will with this company no one should buy their product then they could close there doors. They need people in head office who care about customers.
- Lloyd hoy, Ontario

2021-05-18 2017 Heartland Cyclone HD Edition 4005 View Listings

Pulls excellent, lots of open room, good privacy for kids in back and plenty of space in garage, each set up, excellent lighting, comfortable recliners, garage door turns into usable deck, 3 thermostats for comfort zones
- Ray, Virginia

2021-05-14 2020 Heartland Pioneer BH270 View Listings

Most of the reviews here are just about everything I had happen. Sway at 50 MPH was beyond belief. I had to drive with one hand on the wheel and the other on the trailer brake switch. I put in 3000$ worth of air bags, 1000$ worth of Friction brakes and now the moldings are falling off the master bedroom ceiling, closet, side panels, doors just pick a place. This is all under 500 miles of travel. I called the dealer, and the factory a number of times to see how to get the TV off the wall so I could attach the cables. Talked to at least five people and they didn't have any idea how to do it. Support if you need it non existent. Stay away as far as possible from this company.
- Wayne Whittaker, California

2021-05-13 2019 Heartland Landmark 365 Newport View Listings

We bought ours Jan 2019. Brand new Lamesa Phoenix az Was delivered tv open shower doors open. Doors between the bedrooms been going back and forth Told them make sure everything works . The marble is broke under the fireplace. Entrance door open hitting the holding bar. Would not stay latched . Driver saif i just deliver Many issues took it to Albuquerque nm 3 days nothing got fixed. There was more wrong after we left. They have no idea about the new wi fi and how things are hooked up but sell them The outside light above the door did not work the fan did not work . 2 and half years later still don't work Been told there is a secret switch..for 3rd ac and fan..why would there be a secret switch.i have looked in every cupboard nothing . Just why hidden. If its something your going to use.. 3rd ac unit was not working or fan yet .one section of the recliner did not work opened up and wiring was different than the other ones, there is wi fi boxes on walls to run lights . No one knows how to set them up. Called Lipperd and heartland no one could help Went on first trip Levelers were trying to tip us over. Called was on the phone 4 hours maybe the box in the back. Was told sometimes there tie rapped and they break..something that is up under the camper No one could tell us were it is. Get a tec out there.. sounds easy And also commented did we know how to use a level My husbund hung up were in our 60s. So yes. But it was still trying to tip . Tired off the ground crazy . A year later still no one to fix them without a apt months later Husbund works can't just take and leave and get . And no mobil units to even mess with levelers also water system was filling the tank air in the system. called no one has it can order it 2 weeks to a month .. we are traveling. Wtf my husbund took it apart a o ring broke . Can't get them either Not round thicker on one side. So he put cylocone.temp fix . Called Hartland direct talked to a jim once. Under warrantee 3 years . This trip nothing is still been fixed talked to a Laurie at heartland again . She seems very helpful But to get someone to work on it still nothing.she called a repair shop going to get us fixed up. Talked to him No can look at it if we need parts will have to order no one has anything. So she is suppose to call back. Yet to hear back. Without being told June to Aug. I just know we had a cyclone toy hauler and problems But this is the biggest lemon yet and we bought them brand new thinking no problems. Just not sure what to do Know will never buy a heartland again there warrantee is ok maybe. Never can get anything done A big disappointment have screwed and fixed a lot of things ourself . Only good thing is how its arranged inside.
- Julie Jarsak, New Mexico