Heartland

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Heartland RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Peter and Karen Razza from Rhode Island says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2018 Heartland Mallard 28 View Listings

Recently purchased a 2018 m28. Being fully aware that to build a 30' trailer with a gvw of 6900 lbs it had to be built with light material's. If your expecting a heavy duty bullet proof camper this is not for you. That being said in the light weigh class this trailer is awesome lots of cool details like great lighting big shower lighted storage. Plus it's beautifuly laid out. The center island really makes it work. Tows easy with my v8 f150.
- Peter and Karen Razza, Rhode Island

2021-10-10 2019 Heartland Torque T322 View Listings

I live in this RV 4 months out of the year boondocking With the Solar I installed we have plenty of power for watching TV, making coffee in the morning. We have had other to haulers but this one is the best we have ever owned. With the separate garage it is nice to not have to unload every time we stop. With the automatic satellite locater just one touch of the button and it finds the correct satellite. The one touch button for stabilizing is very handy.
- Steven W. Smith, California

2021-10-09 2017 Heartland Landmark 365 43RL View Listings

What a sorry RV, contact me I’ll send you a documentary via email, with pictures. markwallconsulting@gmail.com, not slandering just the truth….. Sorry product,I am very displeased with the unit, this is the 5th RV I have owned, this one beats all… not happy, they hope the 2 year warranty will run out, then it’s all yours…. Beware!!! Craftsmanship is a joke, slide outs are pathetically crafted, this thing will eat every seal on the slide outs up yearly, poor poor design, they sell you on the luxury paint job, this thing nearly burnt up due to no torque on electrical lugs… on and on and on…saw dust in the AC vents, trash in the underbelly, trash swept into floor vents, roof craftsmanship pathetic, had to re-stretch. Poor caulking on roof, gutters, slide out lower box seals…. Obviously no QA/QC they just want to get the units out, sell sell sell….
- Mark, Texas

2021-10-08 2020 Heartland Torque T322 View Listings

I have owned other brands of rv, and loved them, then decided to purchase a torque toy hauler from Heartland . This is the worst rv i have ever owned. i was hoping for the price it would be better. But to my surprise this is the worst one i have ever owned beside the quality and equipment, went with the 360 antenna and no matter where i go am unable to use it. In fact i had to go purchase a $60 antenna that i have to use to at least get a few channels.T It came with scratches and damaged parts.I would not recommend to purchase one of these rv's. If i was able to get 100% refund on this I would give it back and go with a different brand and different company to purchase it from.
- Margaret Prall, Michigan

2021-10-06 2017 Heartland Cyclone 4250 View Listings

Good, sold RV first day. Good reliable site. Good experience. I would recommend using this site in the future. After months on market place our RV sd the first day we listed it. Overall experience was great and would use RV trader again
- Brenda Norvell, Florida

2021-10-02 2016 Heartland Road Warrior 427RW View Listings

Please do not buy from Heartland, their customer service suck. They will not stand behind their product when something goes wrong. If you do call them, they will give you the run around. Please look at other brands.
- Tristan, Missouri

2021-09-27 2021 Heartland Sundance Ultra-Lite 231ML View Listings

The 231 ML is a Great couples RV !!! open floor plan, recliners, big tv straight across and eye level! Great AC that is super quiet. Big kitchen with lots of storage and counter space. Small bath, but large shower. Perfect for me and my wife....pulls great with my 1/2 ton.
- John Nord, Texas

2021-09-27 2018 Heartland North Trail 27RBDS View Listings

The purpose of camping is the outdoor experience, but this trailer offers a nice cozy space when the weather keeps you indoors. I love sitting outside relaxing and having the convenience of our own private bathroom. Set up is easy with the power stabilizers and tongue jack. The island adds charm and gives a lot of room for food prep and clean up is easy. There is plenty of storage for food, clothing and extra linens. The outdoor kitchen gives a lot of bonus space and gives an extra fridge for beverages. The grill set up on the tailgate makes outdoor cooking easy and fun. We have always enjoyed our time in this unit when we go out. It is relaxing and fun. I wish we had more time.
- Jack Chaplinski, Arizona

2021-09-26 2017 Heartland Big Country 3900FLP View Listings

BUYER BEWARE OF THE LISTING IN MELBOURNE FLORIDA!!!! I booked my flight from TX to FL to go by this 5th wheel. He initially listed it for sale 4yrs ago. He was going to give me his banks routing# to wire the money but I wanted to go there and see it 1st. He made all kinds of excuses after I told him my flight was booked and said he has another buyer even though he told me he would give me his word to not sell it since I was booking a flight. Now I'm out the $300 I spent on the nonrefundable flight!!!! He also said he didn't have time to take it to an rv Park and hook it up so that I could see that everything worked.
- Cherie Gibson, Texas

2021-09-26 2018 Heartland North Trail 24BHS View Listings

This travel trailer has been awesome. We bought it brand new in 2018. Yes it’s 3 years old now and has some dents and dings, but most of all it is very sufficient for us. We have been able to make it into the camper we want. We changed the bottom bunk into a storage area that can become a bunk again with a plank of wood. The roof on the outside is laid out in a way that we were able to add solar panels. We like the outside kitchen area as extra storage space. The sink and stove are still there, we removed the Ice chest. The storage underneath is large. There is storage under dining table seats and the bed. We use our trailer 4-6 months out of the year. It is easy to tow with Blue Ox tow gear. With it being 3 years old, we have had to change out the mattress with a much nicer one. The original wore out real quick. We are seeing the trim coming loose and having to brad it back into place. We have had to add more white tacks to the shower panels as they buckle away from the wall when there is humidity. We have had small issues that aren’t too hard to fix or replace. Like every other year, we grease the bearings and make sure they are in good shape; however, we lost one wheel bearing this summer. It was an easy fix, but we had to monitor it often because of using the original bent and worn out D washer. The bearing buddy kept popping off. It’s all fixed now. We absolutely enjoy our travel trailer!
- Tina Totten, Nevada

2021-09-24 2021 Heartland Mallard M32 View Listings

The wife and I just purchased a 2021 Heartland Mallard M32 from camping world in Richmond Indiana. I honestly don’t think you could ask for a better place. Staff was very polite, our salesman Barry was top notch. The camper is great, answered all my questions, seriously i could go on and on. Wonderful experience.
- Kelly byrum, Ohio

2021-09-21 2018 Heartland Bighorn Traveler 39MB View Listings

Although we only owned it a few months before downsizing due to different needs, we were pretty pleased with our 2018 Bighorn Traveler 39MB. The floor plan was great and overall quality was decent. The two issues that we did encounter: - the ducting for the bedroom AC had been taped over, evidently during manufacture/AC installation, so we had to fix that ourselves. - the ducting to the bunk room never worked, and we never had the opportunity to troubleshoot that.
- James C, California

2021-09-21 2019 Heartland Prowler Lynx 255LX View Listings

This is our 6th camper. We have a Prowler 255 lx. (Our couples camper).The layout is pretty good for a small camper. It's all in what parts of the camper are most important to you. For us, it's the living area. So that's very roomy. For our added comfort, We removed the big u-shaped dinette and put the 2 recliners there so it would be easier to recline them without them hitting the sink. We put a small table and chairs in the front at the big window where the recliners used to be. The bathroom and bedroom are tight quarters but they work as needed. The slides appear to be made well and the seals are good. No leaks. The exterior quality of the cabinets are very poor. The outside of them is contact paper and already peeling off after only 1.5 yrs of summer weekend use with no children. We would have appreciated having the outlets on the wall at the kitchen area instead of under the cabinet. Sone appliances don't have cords that reach and it doesn't make sense to have extension cords running behind the sink area. Other than a few of the mentioned items. We do like the camper.
- Kathleen A Higgins, Pennsylvania

2021-09-19 2019 Heartland North Trail 33BUDS View Listings

Week one- during travel things started to break. Lights fell out if ceiling, window treatments fell off. Recliner broke, fireplace broke after 1st use, I called Heatland and was told " when you buy an RV , you have to expect that! " I spend $50k , I expect it to hold together and be able to use it longer than a week. 2nd outing (owned 2 mths) pipes in bathroom leaking under shower and sink. Pipe was cracked. Had to replace all piping! 3rd outing (owned 8 mths) rubber seals tearing down off slides, leaks in windows! 🤬
- Joe Bergen, Arizona

2021-09-15 2021 Heartland Torque T331 View Listings

First of all, just to explain, I purchased this Toy Hauler online from my out of state dealer. I bought a 2021 Heartland Torque 331 in May and paid cash for it. This unit has let me down week after week. I had heard Heartland makes quality units but I am here to tell you that this is FALSE. At least for the Torque 331. The unit listed that it had a 19 foot awning, but it is actually a 25 foot awning, the largest single awning anyone at camp has seen, including mobile RV repairman. The size alone is way too much weight for the arms to handle, those have already busted twice in two months. The happy jack system they installed in the garage was installed with window valances on each side, which busted off the wall when first used because they extended out from the wall too far. I have had three leaks inside the camper. One under the kitchen sink because they never tightened the hot and cold water connection. This cause major damage to the wooden cabinets under the sink. We also had a water leak under the king bed in front of the camper. They screwed into a water line for the black tank flush that caused water damage when used. The entire bed had to be removed to repair the problem. The 3rd leak was under the front bedroom sink drain. Besides the leaks, the trim work and wall paneling has come loose, all which had to be repaired as well Who is the genius that designed the outdoor kitchen? The large flat screen tv is struck by the lid where the two burners are, the heat from this unit would destroy the tv and possibly start a fire god forbid you turned away for a minute. The tv should have been relocated and replaced with cabinets outside. The labels placed on the walls to mount the tv arms were not in line with the wood studs behind the paneling. This caused great difficulty installing the 3 tv screens. The plastic floor mounts for the table in front of the couch broke very easily. Who uses plastic floor mounts fpor metal legs ? Another design flaw. The first door when shut is not sealed properly. You can see spaces from light coming through when shut, and that means ants, bugs coming in. Horrible quality, was this unit made on a friday night? I give the Torque 331 a very low rating. BUYER BEWARE.
- Paul F Harrington, New York

2021-09-15 2011 Heartland Big Country 3650RL View Listings

Pros: Love the Granite countertops and beautiful wood finished cabinets! The rear living area is spacious and cozy. Large bathroom is always a plus. More than ample storage inside and underbelly. Cons: None that I have found
- Vanessa Ingalsbe, Florida

2021-09-15 2015 Heartland Bighorn 3750RL View Listings

We bought it new .Day one one cabinet door it fell off ,nail almost going through the roof that’s the first day. Awning had to be replace,stove pilot light quit working,all 4 shocks leak,power cord had to be replace almost cause a fire all plastic on furniture coming off. That’s the beginning .Many other things to write about. I will never buy another Heartland product. I had some junky trailers before this and the were better.
- Miles, Iowa

2021-09-13 2021 Heartland Pioneer 280RKS View Listings

Got unit brand new and since everything is falling apart.dealer saying it’s the cheap trailer so what we pay that’s what we’ll get hmm $46k I paid but the dealer won’t back on they product at all. The walls are falling apart and the water is leaking from the bottom while we driving, the Trailer has a nice floor plan but the material is absolutely atrocious it is made of cheap wood with pink insulation its very weak , the storage is next to nothing and the reliability is terrible it is a great beginning trailer for starters with big families but for people use to camping going year round and using monthly is isn’t the best
- Daniel, Alberta

2021-09-13 2019 Heartland Bighorn Traveler 32CK View Listings

This unit is differently build for those that Want Full Timing or Just Week-end Campers. More room than can imagine,38' With 4 slides the large square foot living with 2 Electric Recliners 55" TV, Pull Out Queen Couch Fire Place. More comfort than Home. The Large Horse Shoe design Kitchen with cabinets for all kitchen needs. 110 volt 18 sq. ft. French Door Refrigerator The Bathroom has a Full Size Shower with seat, 2 FULL Linin Closets. Bedroom with extended SECOND SLIDE, Gives you an extremely large room with your King Bed, (New Mattress), Full Cloths Closet for two. Includes a Washer and Dryer Hookup. Locker outside with small Refrig.
- Russ, Florida

2021-09-13 2018 Heartland Trail Runner 33IKBS View Listings

This has been the absolute poorest built RV I have owned. We love the floor plan but things began to break in less than 4 months. Furnace circuit board fried due to water intrusion. Less than 2 years in we began to develop a leak in the roof. It has ruined much personal property. I have escalated this to Heartland with multiple pics and they are pushing back to to repair it. It sits on a seasonal site and has never been towed. The first thing they asked is whether I bought a extended warranty. Seriously! Also stated not part of structural warranty. I will escalate this and be their biggest pain! AVOID THIS BRAND!!! Literally, I have trim pieces falling off inside. Water fitting broke off and flooded entire RV.
- Bruce Gordon, Pennsylvania

2021-09-12 2021 Heartland Pioneer 280RKS View Listings

I bought it new from camping world on Dec 8 2020 I travel a lot as a Camphost there there was a few thing wrong with it from day but was fixed at no cost I the outside almost daily and found everything ok. In May I went to get some paper plates from under my dinenett and found the floor was very wet as was everything thin else I called camping world in North Dakota to have it looked at they said it would 6 weeks before they could look at because they were booked so l headed for the Gulf I stopped in my and called Camping world in mo same thing at least a month I got to Dolphin Island on 14th 2021 called Camping world in Rogersdale Al and made a appointment for Aug 23 2021 They came out and looked at it and said the seas were bad and I might want to contact my insurance company because the warranty was only good for 90 days and I didn't do regular maintenance on it I called heartland 4 times They said camping world should have seen that when they inspected it The floor is water damaged and needs to be replaced Heartland and camping world told me that I have to pay for it $5,000,00 are more and it would take 14 days to replace the floor I'm fulltime !!!Really 9 months old now and I have to pay out of pocket!! O and in Dec 2020 when I bought this one they told me that before they could trade they need $10,000.00 More to fix the floor in my 2016 Keystone I laid and that unit is still on a camping world lot in Fl. How can a floor in a brand new unit be that bad in 6 months? Last no one from Camping world has ever detected ware the leak is they never pulled anything out to see ware the problem is
- Joseph McGinnis, Mississippi

2021-09-09 2017 Heartland Wilderness 2750RL View Listings

We bought the 2017 Wilderness 2750RL brand new after viewing this trailer at an RV show in Michigan. We thought we were getting a quality camper. We were wrong. With only my wife and I using it, we used it 2-3 times the first year and 2 twice the following year. We use an outdoor storge faciltiy to keep it secure when not using it. Much to our surprise and dissapointment, by the start of the third season the entire left side of the unit delaminated (the fiberglass separated from the frame). We were told that after the first year that defect isn't covered! There is no water damage to cause this and we are now stuck with this lemon. I asked a local RV dealership what it would cost to fix this and they estimated $5-6K. So I will never buy another Wilderness again. I hope several people read this and take note when shopping for new RV's.
- Lawernce Tury, Michigan

2021-09-01 2021 Heartland Wilderness 3350DS View Listings

I purchased a new 2021 Heartland Wilderness 3350DS 2 months ago. Upon traveling the large slide out began to leak when open and leaked heavily during rain. I contacted the dealership RV One in St Augustine FL and was told that it was a factory issue and to contact them. Upon contacting the Heartland, I was told to contact a mobile repair service and have them inspect the camper and they would make a decision on the warranty. The mobile repair inspected the camper and advised that it was a manufacturer defect and they would submit their findings. 2 weeks later and I’m still getting a run around from the manufacturer and having to pay the service calls out of pocket! The Warranty Department is very difficult to deal with as they are saying one thing and the mobile repair is saying something else ! Not a happy camper!!
- Glen, Florida

2021-08-27 2011 Heartland Bighorn 3070RL View Listings

There’s not much bad that I can report on our RV. It’s very spacious, well planned and is out together with higher end finishes. Ours is a 50amp unit with only one A/C and it cools very well. I’m sure there is wire in the fan in the bedroom to add another a/c. The fireplace is usually all we need to heat so I take it it’s well insulated. Ten years in and our cooling unit failed in the refrigerator so I’m replacing it with an Amish cooling unit made better and cools better. Overall we are very happy with it and would recommend it to anyone.
- Duane Ireland, California

2021-08-26 2014 Heartland Trail Runner 30USBH View Listings

Was good the first year. Nothing but troubles since. Siding leaks, lights leak not air tight at all. mice can get in real easy. Axles are cheap, toilet is junk all the trim inside and out is falling off. built by toddlers for sure. Bet it was put together in 2 hours. Workmanship is the worst.
- Davis, Saskatchewan