Heartland RVs Reviews (456)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Heartland RVs Reviews and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of these RVs.

Peter and Karen Razza from Rhode Island says:

Have you owned any Heartland RVs? Write a review

Voted Most Helpful Review 2018 Heartland Mallard 28 View Listings

Recently purchased a 2018 m28. Being fully aware that to build a 30' trailer with a gvw of 6900 lbs it had to be built with light material's. If your expecting a heavy duty bullet proof camper this is not for you. That being said in the light weigh class this trailer is awesome lots of cool details like great lighting big shower lighted storage. Plus it's beautifuly laid out. The center island really makes it work. Tows easy with my v8 f150.
- Peter and Karen Razza, Rhode Island

2019-10-14 2012 Heartland Bighorn 3585RL View Listings

This RV is top notch quality, like new. No smoking and no pets. The layout is excellent, leather furniture in living area with a pullout full size air bed, fireplace, 42” Flat Screen TV. Dining area has extended table and four chairs. Four door refrigerator and freezer with ice maker. Bedroom has king bed and plenty of walking space around it. Bathroom has walk in shower, sink and vanity. Two air conditioners. Flat screen in basement for viewing outside. Great to have for football season and party outside
- Everett Taylor, New York

2019-10-14 2018 Heartland Bighorn Traveler 39FL View Listings

The overall quality and workmanship are sub-standard. Some of the issues are due to design flaws. On our first trip, which was a shake down trip because we expected problems based on other RVer’s experiences. We found numerous small issues all related to workmanship and quality control, lose screws, extra hardware, pieces of wire, wood and metal chips. The big one was no heat in the bedroom. After getting to the back of the furnace I found that the Flex duct that runs to the main duct that runs the length of the trailer was not connected and also pinched under a wire bundle. Also the hole where the air goes into the duct was not completely cut out, it was a half moon, restricting air flow. Rerouted and reconnected the duct I also installed adjustable floor vents so I could force more hot air into the bedroom. There should be a fan in the duct to move the air the length of the trailer, the blower in the furnace isn’t powerful enough. Also the toilet seat was crooked and the pins that hold the toilet lid on kept coming out. Straighten the seat and then pended the end of the pins that hold the toilet lid on and tapped them in, 12,000 miles later they still haven’t come out. The recliners weren’t installed correctly. Took them out and reinstalled the correctly. The first day of our first real trip the control board on the refrigerator failed, wouldn’t run on gas. Contacted a local repairman and Dometic they shipped the repair part over night and paid part of the repair cost. About 500 miles later the plastic brackets holding the clothes rod broke dropping the clothes on the floor of the closet. Replaced the brackets with metal brackets. A couple thousand miles later on our trip the hot water tank quit working on AC power. Called local repair guy, he found a lose connection. After 5000 miles on the road the furnace quit working, it was our last night on the road so I got it fixed at the dealer at home. Heartland replaced the furnace under warranty. It took a while for it to get from Heartland, but not should if the dealer may not have been part of the cause. After about 9000 miles the closet clothes rod bent, dropping the clothes on the closet floor. Replaced it with a piece of galvanized pipe. The problem is a poor design, no middle support for the span of the rod. After about 10,000 miles all the tires started to go bad, started separating. Luckily no blow outs. Of course the OEM tires are just junk to begin with. Also after about 10,000 miles had an issue with the bedroom slide not wanting to go out or in. Would start then go crooked and stop. Called a local repairman, he showed me how to use the slide controller to override to get it in and out and to re-sync it. Also told us to hold the switch for the count of ten after it stops moving to allow the motors to sync up. There was a design issue with the over head vent fans, the one in the kitchen was not powered, the one in the bathroom was powered but you had to stand on something to operate them, a safety issue. I replaced them with remote controlled fans. This Issue was addressed in the newer model. AC in the living room runs a lot. Part of this issue is due to poor placement of the thermostat, it is next to the outside wall and a window. It is mounted on a cabinet wall with no insulation behind it so the heat from the outside wall is channeled into the cavity behind the thermostat. Need to place insulation in there to prevent the heat being channeled. Had poor AC air flow due to improper parts being used. Found out that the depth of the ceiling grills blocks a good portion of the duct. I cut down the depth of the grill, this increased the air flow. I also installed adjustable AC vents in the bedroom and bathroom. These improvements have worked well in 100 degree temps. Another design flaw, but this is in every trailer I have looked at is there needs to be a flush system in the grey tank, just like the black tank. As for the mattress, a piece of junk, replaced it. Heartland needs to have experienced RVer’s review their designs for flaws. They also need to improve their workmanship standards and quality control.
- Kenneth Hooks, Arizona

2019-10-10 2018 Heartland Mallard 32 View Listings

Quality product and am only looking to sell solely based on not having time to use the RV due to work and other commitments. Very comfortable, spacious, user friendly. Sleeps 4 adults and 4 children comfortably. Outdoor kitchen is great.
- Ron V, Pennsylvania

2019-10-07 2019 Heartland Cyclone 4005 View Listings

Buyer Beware my husband and I purchased this 2019 preparing for retirement since the purchase June of 2018 we have numerous water problems and mechanical failures took back to dealer once to find leak that filled the underbelly also basement filled with water fried the inverter caused soft spot on floor in front of stairs water on floor in front of slideout when it rains they had it for a month finally got it back last week transfer switch to generator got hot and burnt wires then last night it rained and water came in under slideout on entry side wish we would have gone with another company but all this issues of poor workmanship are hidden under nice finishes so please anyone thinking of buying this brand read reviews which we did but investigate deeper after all this costs as much as a small home I Would Not But This Brand Again hope this helps someone so they don’t get duped like we did now were stuck with it because it is nowhere worth what we paid
- Kathy DeBoard, Kentucky

2019-10-06 2019 Heartland Fuel 322 View Listings

RV satisfaction is understandably hard to achieve. $50k dollars later cheaper parts. Solution: omit tank sensors. After having to drain fresh tank that fills on city connection...weird, the brand new sensor reads full. The black/gray with slight reason, same thing. The gurgling in shower tells you when full!!! Most importantly, water leak is detrimental. Omit these electric faulty ideas and place a ceramic basin in showers for better shower drain connection. Americans care less about rv weight!! We buy bigger trucks. Quality is judged by gadgets and not the electrical/plumbing function that has men up every morning walking around the rig or head stuffed in a compartment finding things loose and not working. So unsatisfying!!!
- Mark Swanger, North Carolina

2019-10-05 2017 Heartland Wilderness 2450FB View Listings

We bought our 2017 Wilderness 2450FB new from Waterdog RV in Dayton Oregon. I recommend you find a dealership with a better service dept. We just returned from 11 weeks at the Oregon coast crabbing and fishing for Salmon. Overall we are fairly satisfied. I will start from the front. the trailer tongue is too short. I had to rotate/remount the electric jack motor/control box 90 degrees. There was an existing hole for the bolt. The jack now clears the tail gate of my truck when hooked to the trailer. This model is a front bed floorplan. We replaced the mattress immediately. The sofa is uneven when folded down for sleeping when it should be flat. The drawer below the built in radio was hanging up on wiring. I removed the radio and installed 2 hangers to keep the wiring up. I also rewired the antenna switch to feed the FM radio as well as the TV. Got 12 more channels on the FM after that. The microwave turntable is a piece of junk. We will be replacing the microwave next as well as a single sink. The double sink is too small to be convenient. We have had no problems with plumbing/electrical. We plan to use it for 10 years then sell it. After reading some of the complaints here I suggest you have the dealer hook power and water and try out everything before you pay them.
- Bob Bonillas, Oregon

2019-10-02 2019 Heartland Bighorn Traveler 39FL View Listings

Bought new in mY 2019 and have not had a chance to use it yet due to problems. Got it home, put levelers down. Put the slides out, kitchen slide out sounded like metal rubbing on metal. Went ahead and put some water in the tanks just to check pressure and water pump and hot water heater. Noticed water leaking outside and some on the inside. Took it back to the dealer they replaced the slide seal and advised water systems were all ok. I noticed that the tank drain was pointing up at an angle but got no comment from the advisor. Got it home, kitchen slide now creaking like wood on wood, roller was on top of new seal. Noticed cowling underneath by drain pipe was falling off. Took it back to dealer, fixed roller problem. Advised me that it would be unsafe to take home since the black water tank had detached, cracking pipes and could fall off on the highway. Advisor is working on getting warranty approval so we can take a trip the end of the month. I will update later. The ratings for warranty and livability are just a WAG till all is over and done.🤞
- Steve Larison, Florida

2019-10-01 2020 Heartland Bighorn 3870FB View Listings

As, I stated previously a ordinary customer that would was taken advantage of and was told sign here and here. Take off in one of heartlands best coach. Be careful while driving back the “Gorilla Glue hasn’t dried completely. “ “ just give me your money and leave.” Yeah, that’s heartlands policy.” Mr. Warranty, While you finish dictating me your policy handbook, in your spare time check out your website regarding the 3870FB. It suppose to have a towel racks. Toilet paper holder and hand towel holder’s, but you know ours didn’t even come with that. We, have mice coming through all the holes in our 2020 Big Horn. Water leaking behind toilet and sink. Patched up work with crayon. Can’t even open a window the sounds of crack window starts to squeal. Thank you Mr. Warranty. I am dying anyway. By the time anyone from HEARTLAND that has a heart and wants to help us it called “ to being human.“ Do it for all the other ordinary customers that have given there hard earned money straight to you and tell them “Heartland made you the best Fifth Wheels. There will be no need of warranty because we do CARE for our customers” Have a blessed day 🙏. What happened to humanity. Thank you. Mr. Warranty. Enclosed, is a picture of the customer that was told “ your getting the best. Just sign paperwork and your life savings and here’s the keys. Enjoy”, but she never did. Her simple life. She died.
- Suzi, New Mexico

2019-10-01 2017 Heartland Bighorn 32RS View Listings

We bought this RV in Quartszite AZ in January 2017. It rained the week after we got it and all the windows leaked and light in kitchen started coming off ceiling. The 55" tv had to also be replaced during the first 6 months. (Warranty repaired/replaced all.). Carpet started to roll in bedroom and AC thermostat wouldn't shut off. We took in to check this out and service department found that the screws were all coming out of the slide roofs, and eventually would be letting water in and then the roofs would warp, and no telling what other damage could happen. we had no idea this was even happening. It was a good thing that we were having our annual maintenance done and they found this. I contacted heartland factory (since our extended warranty would not cover structural damage. I sent them pictures upon the request of Adam and no one has gotten back to me with a reply. I have contacted them asking for a response and have gotten none. Firstly, be a great idea for all heartland owners to check their screws in the slides. (Factory installed too little of screws to hold the slide roofs on); Secondly, be sure you know structural damage isn't covered (as multiple other items aren't either) on your extended warranty. The $5,000 to repair after only 2 years and not much use is not acceptable. Very disappointed in factory for not following thru. Will post again after we get it back. If you have a heartland big Horn..Please check the roof screws on your slide outs. Report them if they are coming out... Hopefully they will do a ReCALL on this if anyone else is having this issue.
- Pati Ogletree, Arizona

2019-09-29 2020 Heartland Bighorn Traveler 39RK View Listings

This Rv is a 2020 bighorn. Me being almost 60 years of age and my 80 year old mom bought this thing thinking this was gonna be great. A different lifestyle . Ive already had to have a so called specialist come out and try and find a leak,,,going so far as to open my vacuum just to see if he could see the top of the tank. Wow. And now the commode leaks. Still have to find someone to look at that,,,oh yea and last night the flood light quit working . In the Rv park I am at I am the only idiot with a heartland product. Wonder why that is? People do your research . Buy a eagle or a reflection . Anything but a heartland product. Oh and for the service and warranty that you are supposed to have. They don't pay any service calls and they told me it was n operating error on this 60 year old lady. So I am not getting back the 400 dollars I spent on the leak. And the warranty guy Jeff Kersher is rude and so is the other guy I spoke with. His first name was Justin . Do your research people and thank you. Next stop is sending channel 5 news an email
- Holly, Texas

2019-09-29 2018 Heartland Bighorn Traveler 39RD View Listings

I love the RV i live in it all the time. Where i bought it is the problem.I told them i would be living in it all the time and no way to bring it in for warranty work, they told me no problem.They told me to buy an extended warranty and it would be no problem.I had a few problems with it and they told i had to bring it in. Everything that happened i paid for.All they did was lie,and i will never go back to that Dealer again.
- Roger McHone, North Carolina

2019-09-27 2016 Heartland Bighorn Traveler 3750FL View Listings

We currently have a Big Horn 3750FL. Camped with it on weekends then lived in it full time in Nashville. Very roomy, comfortable and has every entity you can imagine. Classy and elegant inside. Relatively easy to drive. No issues at all and highly rate this fifth wheel.
- Rick Sterling, Kentucky

2019-09-25 2016 Heartland Wilderness 2875BH View Listings

We love our Heartland Wilderness 2875BH. It's extremely easy to tow with a 3/4 ton truck, but your F150 can pull it as well, the mountain passes will be a little slow though. The floor plan on this camper works awesome. We didn't use the exterior bathroom door as much as we thought and I would side towards having the outdoor kitchen included instead of this feature. The two slides are a game changer and the center island in the kitchen makes it possible for two people to be preparing and cleaning up from meals.
- Dan Farley, Colorado

2019-09-21 2018 Heartland North Trail 24BHS View Listings

During my first summer with this RV, it started to fall apart. Wall panels coming off or warping, the metal trim in the lower bunk bed bent, trim in the bathroom and by the kitchen sink cupboards etc... Very frustrating!! A couple weeks into my second summer and suddenly the fridge and all outlets except for 2 stop working. It's currently being fixed, but my 1 year warranty expired and now my 7 year extended warranty may not cover any of the work. What's the point of buying something new if it's just going to fall apart? Poorly made and very disapointing. Made an exciting purchase go downhill fast. Never again will I buy this brand and I'll tell anyone who asks not to bother either.
- Pamela Gagnon, Saskatchewan

2019-09-20 2017 Heartland Big Country 4010RD View Listings

We Love our Big Country 4010RD very much, We bought it New, Picked it up 3 Weeks after it was built. We did have some Issues, about 13 factory defaults within our first year. Heartland did a great job with assisting us with all of them. Sent parts to me and also to the dealers who worked on our RV. We feel that they need to improve the fireplace, we and many other RVers we encountered went through multiple fireplaces. I also feel that they should give a 2 year warranty and not just a one year. One of my big complaints about the building of this 4010RD is that I do not agree that they put a large A/C unit on the front that makes the height 13'6" the max any RV can be. They should put a Low Profile A/C on all that would be close to 13'6".. That would give us maybe 6 inches lower clearance then we are now. I do think that the builders need to be a little more focused on paying attention to details. Another design flaw is the sewer drain, it is to low to the ground, I had to get mine lifted about 6 inches, I almost broke mine off, it was about 5 inches off the ground. Also almost 90% of the screws in our RV were not put in straight. More Quality control in the building of Heartland campers. We are on our third year and have broken in our RV, we have had very little problems now, like moldings coming loose, LED lights going out. plastic part on windows are breaking off. Need to make these part metal especially being Full time RVs. I would have made some requests if I were to buy new again, A/C would have been replaced with a low profile A/C. The Tires would be G rated tires like the ones we have, Sailun tires, they are great tires. Have had no issues with them. Make sure all lights in and out are all LED.
- Mark Schuttler, Nevada

2019-09-15 2016 Heartland Oakmont 345RS View Listings

I bought the unit new. Three years later, I crawl under it to find that the only thing not either falling off of it or rusting into oblivion are the tires. Paper flooring (carboard) sagging and coming loose, everything metal corroding, and gears on the slides made out of pot tin. I don't have the confidence that it won't fall apart where it's parked. Perhaps this is the reason this model was dropped? WTF???
- Cody Vincent , Arkansas

2019-09-11 2017 Heartland Wilderness 2575RK View Listings

I've had some problems with this from the get go. Trailer brakes were not working properly and had to back to the dealership for repair, after only three campouts the slid out trim fell off. In the bathroom shower walls were lose and needed to be fixed. Thinking next time I go out, what will go wrong. Since this is my first travel trailer not sure if all trailers are like this one?? Not real happy, but the trailer will be used for as long as possible.
- Ernie Schnell, Montana

2019-09-09 2018 Heartland North Trail 28DBSS View Listings

I have had to other trailers prior to this. I would have to say that the craftsmanship of this particular trailer, I would have to say is piss poor to say the least. I really should have paid much more attention to the craftsmanship before I bought it! Very very disappointing.
- Juan Lete , Idaho

2019-09-08 2019 Heartland Mallard 252 View Listings

A really good looking travel trailer that would be perfect if anything worked. Gas on fridge, not working. Gas water heater, not working. Slide totally not level. No heat duct in living area. (Found behind entertainment center in a pile of sawdust. Not hooked to anything. Shower door not chalked so it leaked, had to remove. As I write this I look up and the fridge is off on electric (again). Leaks when it rains. Back door trim doesn’t seal so it also leaks. We live in this full time and we were hoping it would work out for us, it isn’t. Would not recommend this trailer to anyone.
- Donna Rundell, Tennessee

2019-09-04 2018 Heartland Mallard 335 View Listings

When my wife and i purchased this RV we knew by price it would have minor issues with possibly appliances or furniture. We did not however expect this. as of right now our unit came with 3 slide outs. Each slide has a very good seal when closed but the only thing stopping water, insects or animal intrusions is a rubber slide flap at the top and both sides of each slide. Our unit purchased in June of 2018 has already leaked on 1 slide and now the flaps are tearing from the bottom up on all 3 slide outs. Now we are told that the extended warranty sold to us by Camping world does not cover this and the manufacturers warrant expired after 1 year. What a joke. Buyers beware, stay away from Heartland manufactured RV's. They are not well made and do not stand behind what they sell. I was told today it was a service issue. This RV is stored completely out of the weather. The rubber flaps are rotting and tearing after 1 year.
- Bill Page, South Carolina

2019-09-04 2019 Heartland Wilderness 2475BH View Listings

I am a little concerned at this point. I purchased the wilderness 2475BH 3 weeks ago brand new. Just driving it home trim pieces fell off. Our frist trip out we find the bathtub drain is not connected. It flooded out the bottom of the trailer. The level indicators for the water and black and gray tanks isnt working. And cabinet doors have fallen off on the return trip home. So to be honest. It's pretty sad to me a brand new trailer is having these issues 3 weeks old and in for repairs. 3 phone calls to heatland today this morning 2 messages left and no response yet.
- Dennis Martel, California

2019-09-02 2018 Heartland Prowler Lynx 18LX View Listings

While I like the design, floor plan, and size, the quality is not what I expected. After 1 year the roof leaked and the dealer said it was only warranted for 90 days. The day I brought it home, I had to tighten all the cabinet hardware and the outside shower was twisted inside and couldn't be used until repaired. After a recall repair to the brakes, the ground lighting never worked again and the dealer wouldn't even entertain fixing it under warranty. Towing is less than ideal since it sits on a high frame like a camper with a slide out and that causes major wind drag. (My '03 26ft coachmen towed better) After this last trip, we noticed one prong of the AC plug was melted (We did run the air most of our stay) so again, the quality of the parts are lacking. It is the only one we found that had what we wanted inside. Large fridge, queen bed, and gas oven, all requirements we were looking for. If you choose this model, just be prepared to pay attention to the issues and fix them immediately.
- Glenn Cippon, New Jersey

2019-09-02 2019 Heartland North Trail 29BHP View Listings

Bought the trailer new from one of two dealerships in Alberta. After three camping trips, the list of non-working items is long and increasing. Bedroom door fell off hinges, bathroom door won't close, thermostat reluctant to work, entertainment centre won't play through speakers, and movies only in black and white, large gouge in slide out interior roof finish (from factory), various trim pieces and blinds have fallen off or delaminated, factory bike rack and BBQ mount found loose and even when tightened, droop so much that BBQ can't be used without blocks of wood, and the upper shower curtain rod continually falls out so we can't use shower curtain. Our dealer is confident he can resolve all issues, but why are there so many??
- Philip Garlick, Alberta

2019-08-31 2014 Heartland Torque 291 View Listings

This RV was great to live in. We used it a lot camping. Had family over to stay. Went to sturgis n was great. Air conditioning and had heat on cool nights. Had four wheeler in back. Also had our trike motorcycle in the garage. Kitchen has everything we needed. We put an extra fridge in garage for more cold space.this RV also has a separate door to the garage as well.
- Chris krueger , Minnesota