Heartland Reviews on RV Insider (629)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Heartland RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Peter and Karen Razza from Rhode Island says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2018 Heartland Mallard 28 View Listings

Recently purchased a 2018 m28. Being fully aware that to build a 30' trailer with a gvw of 6900 lbs it had to be built with light material's. If your expecting a heavy duty bullet proof camper this is not for you. That being said in the light weigh class this trailer is awesome lots of cool details like great lighting big shower lighted storage. Plus it's beautifuly laid out. The center island really makes it work. Tows easy with my v8 f150.
- Peter and Karen Razza, Rhode Island

2020-10-20 2018 Heartland Mallard M32 View Listings

Great separation of living spaces, outside utilization and access while on the go.having access to the bathroom directly from outside while camping or in transit is awesome. Even with sliders in you can still pull over and stop for a lunch fix and break with amenities. Perfect for a family experience.
- tacy, California

2020-10-19 2012 Heartland Bighorn 3670RL View Listings

We bought this 5th wheel because of Heartland's reputation for quality and service we compared this floor plan to another manufacturers model with this same floor plan the fit and finish of the Heartland was superior to the other manufacturer. The first time we used this RV we discovered just how easy site setup is once unit is onsite it takes approximately 15 minutes to completely set it up and start relaxing. We especially like the lay out of the kitchen lots of storage and lots of counter top space for meal preparation. The living room is spacious with a queen hide a bed and two rocker recliners and the elec. fireplace is especially nice on cooler evenings it give off that nice ambience of a fire and it also heats the livingroom and kitchen area very well. We also really like the the 60" shower has plenty of room it has a molded seat and glass doors. The bedroom has a super comfortable residential king size bed, has its own a/c unit and TV. Closet goes completely across the nose of the unit with washer and dryer hookups. We also love the huge basement storage area. The black water tank has a rinsing system that works really well. It has cable tv hookup and land line phone hookup.
- Rick Bay, Indiana

2020-10-17 2018 Heartland Trail Runner SLE 21SLE View Listings

bought the camper in July 2020 with an extended warranty the rubber roof came loose at the front in August I called good life rv to let them know and make an appointment to have it repaired the bill was $1500 the dealer did pay for half of that my extended warranty covered NONE of it
- Kevin M., Iowa

2020-10-16 2020 Heartland Landmark 365 Phoenix View Listings

This is my 2nd rv, I had it a 2018 Jayco travel trailer and I never had any issues with it, we want it to upgrade to a high end RV and we love the landmark however this piece a crap that I spent $126k is not worth it, we have all kind of issues with it, the 3 a/c only 1/2 of the rv was cooling off, the dining table has a huge screw sticking out and almost cut myself, the radio wasn’t working, the dyson vacuum Was missing the canister cover and I couldn’t use it, one of blinds didn’t work, the toilet wasn’t holding the water, also the shower doors wasn’t closing properly and water was leaking in the floor, the king side bed is too big for the room and is hard fix the bed in the morning, one of fender that cover the tire was loose, also on the top of the room one cap for the pipes were missing... we took back the RV to get the problema fix and they couldn’t fix the a/c because they need a permission from the manufacture’s engineers to see how they want It to have it fix...so dissatisfied, disappointed, so much money wasted on this piece crap. I should it read the reviews before buying.
- Luisa, Florida

2020-10-13 2019 Heartland Fuel 335 View Listings

This toy hauler has a lot of pros and cons... Pros: 1) Kitchen is very functional with plenty of counter space. Dinette table being foldable, can easily be brought in from the garage for additional prep space. 2) Bathroom: very roomy,plenty of storage. Skylight in the bathroom helps for additional head space. 3) Garage: Spacious, plenty of room for toys and coverts to a fantastic living/indoor play area for the kids. 4) Ramp that converts to a deck is WONDERFUL. The kids LOVE it and we spend mornings and nights out on it. 5) Husband says it pulls great, and weight is distributed in a way that makes even pulling up the mountain easy on his truck Cons: 1) Kitchen: Pantry is narrow, over the sink counters and the top shelves I cant reach and Im 5'6". I either use a step stool or call for reinforcements from husband. 2) Bathroom: The tub is poorly installed and the plastic was separating from the wall within 3 months. Tub also doesn't drain well. No matter how we level the camper, it tends to pool and pocket next to the bench. 3) Overall construction is poor. In addition to the bathroom, the molding around both the doors were loose, the air vents in the garage fell out from the travel from the lot to the house, and others have fallen since. Molding around the bedroom door was warped and had to fixed as well. Plumbing under sink leaked our 2nd trip out, 1 month after purchase. 4) Our 1st trip out, the leveling system was not working properly and wouldn't level. We had to call camping world to come out. They reset it, and showed us how to bypass it, but cont to give us an error of twisted frame. Again took to local CW at home and they factory reset the leveling system... and our next trip out, the front jack pin broke and the camper slammed down. 5) The converter went out just shy of having the camper a year. 6) Garage: again, overhead storage cabinets are too tall for functional use, making them useless for everyday use and the bottoms are thin, cheap material and im nervous to put anything heavier than a few towels back there because it bows. (but bc the garage is so spacious, we bought 2 wardrobes to put back there in the corners for the their closet space. 7) Limited "basement" space outside. you have one pass through at the front, which fills up super fast. 8) They double queen beds and the twin bunk are VERY odd sizes. They are extra long. I looked everywhere online to find sheets for these beds. Even special ordering them, however no one made sheets long enough. I ended up buying flat sheets and sewing elastic around the edges to make my own since I couldn't even special order them. We LOVE this layout. It works fantastic for our family and even fantastic when extended family or friends stay with us. Campers are usually cheaply made, and this camper is no exception. The little things aren't really an issue for us to fix, However, bc of the warranty we had to send to CW to fix the converter, replace the microwave, fix the leveling system and the front pin. Those have really put a damper on things. To buy a brand new camper and have this many issues in a short amount of time, that's not ok. As much as we love the inside of this toy hauler, we would not buy this cone again if we had a do over and would actually trade it in if that was an option.
- Candace, North Carolina

2020-10-09 2016 Heartland Pioneer DS310 View Listings

Worst experience ever. I will never buy hearland products again. Half the screws are twisted off and has leaked like a siv from day one. Frame flexes and metal pops out around doors. The biggest piece of junk I have ever owned. We bought new and warranty had covered nothing. Do not purchase one I'm so sick from keeping up with whats wrong
- leslie mckenney, Missouri

2020-10-04 2018 Heartland Terry Classic 21V View Listings

My wife and I are empty nesters and really enjoy our Terry Classic. While not a good choice for more than 2 adults and a couple of grand children, the trailer has been very cozy, comfy, charming and an attention getter at campgrounds, rest stops and gas stations. I would recommend a Heartland camper but keep in mind you’re towing a home on wheels that gets jiggled around at every turn, bump, twist and the like.
- Ronnie Sanders, Missouri

2020-09-29 2012 Heartland Cyclone 3010 View Listings

Excellent RV from hitch to loading ramp. Have travelled frequently with 3 kids across 15 states and it never disappointed. Extremely good value for the money. I'll be buying Heartland again if I ever get rid of this one.
- Lee Lorenzen, California

2020-09-29 2019 Heartland Pioneer QB300 View Listings

To put it simply, the Heartland Pioneer QB300 seems like it was built out of popsicle sticks, glue, and staples by autistic meth heads! There must not be a quality control manager at the plant. Water pipes were left loose and leaking and it was only noticed while sitting outside of the trailer by water seeping out of the bottom. The bathtub drain has leaked since purchased and has been repaired twice. I will try to fix it a third time myself. After my first trip with it, the wall siding on the inside was coming off, the cabinet was hanging, the seat (wood frame) in the bunkhouse came apart, and the frame on the bed was broken in the main bedroom. As I rub my genie lamp, my only wish is that I could return this trash heap and get my money back... The bunkhouse, U-shaped dinette, separate bedroom, and overall look of this trailer is what enticed me to purchase it. If I would have known that instead of enjoying my trips with my family that I would be constantly putting the trailer back together, I would've definitely went with another manufacturer. Heartland.....You have the potential to have something great, supervise your workers and hire some quality control personnel.
- Mark Rosenberg, New York

2020-09-26 2020 Heartland Pioneer BH270 View Listings

I made a huge mistake and I hope this reaches some of those who have never purchased an RV before. Stay far away from anything made by heartland!! I bought my Pioneer BH270 5 months ago. Everything is falling apart. Half of my cabinets are missing screws, the remaining screws are stripped, valances were not installed correctly and the list goes on and on and on. The worst decision I have ever made was buying a Heartland RV. If I could go back in time, I would have researched this RV and learned how terrible it is. Now I'll be faced with taking a huge loss when I trade this in for something nice because its worth nothing! Shame on you Heartland! If you are going to be in the business of manufacturing RV's, maybe you should start caring and learn how to manufacture them correctly. It's disposable garbage on wheels.
- Christopher, Texas

2020-09-26 2019 Heartland Pioneer QB300 View Listings

First, i love the layout of this camper. I wanted my daughters to have their own space when we camp. I bought this thing used in July. It’s a 2019 and i have to replace part of the floor in the slide out. A good foot and a half of it rotted out. It seems that i have to replace everything but the AC. I’m already thinking about trading it in.
- Keith, New York

2020-09-25 2018 Heartland Road Warrior 396 View Listings

It’s a home away from home. We love it! It is big so we have struggled to find sites to accommodate our rig in areas we frequent but have had good luck as we branch out our travels. I would live in it, hate having to sell it.
- Ashleigh Lambert, South Carolina

2020-09-24 2019 Heartland Landmark 365 Lafayette View Listings

My wife and I purchased this RV for retirement. In fact we borrowed from our retirement savings to purchase this unit. Shopped around and decided that this was the one. Well, we have had ALOT issues with this unit and the factory has given us the runaround since day 1. Here is a list of issues: Kitchen slide out floor is rotted and needs replaced, apparently has been leaking down the walls since new. STRESS CRACKS on exterior, 4 of them.The led lights in the awning have never worked correctly apparently the problem is in the panel and the dealers can't fix them. The residential refrigerator door has malfunctioned so that one door is lower than the other. The sleeper sofas come together so that you can't have 2 couples sleeping on them because each would invade the others space.The HEARTLAND factory told us that we had to bring it back to them and they would make us an appointment to do so, and never did. We would not recommend Heartland to anyone.They have ruined our retirement
- George Stritz, Florida

2020-09-23 2020 Heartland Milestone 386BH View Listings

I purchased a brand new 2020 Heartland Milestone 386bh 5th wheel, in February 2020. I have a lot of major issues, where this 5th wheel needs to be totalled out and replaced because of the extent and type of issues. Funtown RV repaired some of the smaller issues, but they weren't fixed right. Now the mayor at Funtown RV and the Heartland factory are ignoring me and a 3rd party rv repair shop, that they had do a some work and they were never paid for it, wrote a report and and estimate to them, on all of the other issues. The 3rd party rv repair shop said, that this 5th needs replaced and it looked like someone was on their first day of the job and not supervised, when this 5th wheel was put together. I have gotten the run around for 6 months now and the factory warranty is up in February 2021. This rv needs replaced and one with quality workmanship. All of the floors are bad (move, lifted up), ceiling has water in it, both showers don't have proper supports and they bend in and out, only a trickle of water in the kitchen sink, the toilet tipped over and many more issues. We are now looking for an attorney. This has been a horrible experience and never again will I buy from them or recommend them to anyone.
- Nicole Gilstrap, Texas

2020-09-21 2018 Heartland Bighorn 370FL View Listings

I was hoping spending 70k for a fifth wheel it would be a good one. But it has really disappointed us. The body has cracked by the back slideout, the laminated surface is separated in 5 spots right now. We have just put 1500 in side out maintenance on all 5 slides.and heartland won't give us a answer. It is 2 and a half years old. And it is going down hill fast. What a piece of crap.
- Steve Wilson, Ohio

2020-09-15 2017 Heartland Pioneer DS310 View Listings

This RV is perfect for families. The bunkhouse gives kids a perfect place to rest and play with a sliding door than can easily be shut or left open. There are lots of sleeping options - a loft bed and set of bunk beds in the bunkhouse, a dinette and couch that both make into beds and a queen bed in the master. The floor plan is great. The outdoor kitchen is large and a great addition to the trailer. Setup was simple. I would definitely recommend this trailer.
- Amber Helmuth, Oklahoma

2020-09-13 2019 Heartland Terry Classic V22 View Listings

I am very disappointed in my new 2019 Heartland Terry Classic V22 camper.I Purchased this new when my husband passed away thinking it would be a good get away with no problems with a new camper, however I have only used it twice in the past year and have had nothing but problems. Within the 1st few months it was leaking And the radio DVD player didn't work so I took it back to the dealership and it was there for months. They did re caulk and replaced the DVD player however the caulking has not lasted through the summer as it is cracking apart.At this point I can't get into the camper and will need to tow it back to the dealership to see what the key locking issues are.I am fearful to go anywhere in it not knowing what will happen. I am very disappointed.
- Vicki Rigney, Michigan

2020-09-13 2020 Heartland Pioneer BH270 View Listings

We purchased the BH270 in July 2020, and have had nothing but problems. The first issue was the inside trim around the fridge, slide out and screen door would fall off, then the vent on the outside fell off, we took it to camping world, and they fixed it. Now the wall panel is coming off, the bathroom door won't stay shut, the outside door to the bathroom won't open, and the lock has fallen off. Very shotty work whoever assembled this should be ashamed of their work, and whoever inspected the final work needs to find another line of work
- Nicholas Smith, Ohio

2020-09-13 2020 Heartland Pioneer BH270 View Listings

Do not buy this RV!! I purchased my 2020 Heartland Pioneer BH270 4 months ago and made a huge mistake. Cheap Chinese garbage! My cabinets are missing screws, most screws are stripped, things are falling apart. Shame on you heartland! Everything on this RV is junk! I strongly urge you to do your research (unlike me before my purchase) and buy something better. I am getting rid of this piece of junk as soon as I can.
- Christopher Bann, Texas

2020-09-12 2018 Heartland Mallard 26 View Listings

I love this rv my love for adventure. Very reliable. Perfect for family and friends. Perfect space bathtub available outside shower great outdoor kitchen so nice can be used for storage too. Back up camera nice to have.
- Naomi, Colorado

2020-09-12 2018 Heartland Bighorn Traveler 32RS View Listings

I drove 18,000 miles on a six month round trip loop from FL to AK. Then FL to NS loop the year before. Everything considered this was the comfort cruiser we were looking for. Very comfortable! Our third trailer, and our first fifth wheel. You have to realize these modern style construction trailers are not real houses with concrete or brick walls that can withstand storms. The fiberglass sandwich outer shells are delicate. Their construction weight is a major consideration when they add in so many amenities and make them so large. That means they are basically cardboard-like boxes on wheels that you pull down the highway at highway speeds. Even the "high priced" models use the same construction methods and materials. If you drive too fast or don't take care on rough roads, they will break! It's up to you to be careful and avoid overdoing it. I've seen overweight trailers speeding down the highways that are a danger to everyone around them. A blown tire can be deadly. I think those owners account for most of the complaints you see in these reviews. If you are not "handy" with repairs you will be frustrated when something happens. You have to maintain constant inspections of all seals and structures keeping it in good condition or problems can compound. A leaking seal that allows water entry will melt the box. You have to observe your weight restrictions and limitations. No procrastinating! Don't think "nothing is going to break." It will!
- JacT014, Florida

2020-09-07 2017 Heartland Big Country 3965DSS View Listings

Slide out with the side in it has been repaired TWICE. Right side jack sinks, re level weekly. Fireplace burned up. Selector valve let’s water into fresh water tank when on city water. Drain weekly. Rubber flap does not deploy on one slide, whenever slide is opened have to get on roof and flip it out by hand. Wrinkles in bedroom carpet. Bedroom outlet pulled out of wall. Ceiling molding fell on floor. One piece. Chipboard under mattress is too thin, sags. fridge will only freeze ice in trays when set on 9. Heartland says out of warranty. I am the second owner and bought this from my neighbor. He bought it new and lived in it for 6 months. It sat for a year then I bought it. Neighbor has moved away.
- Peter Keyte, Florida

2020-09-07 2016 Heartland Prowler 30PRLS View Listings

I have 2016 PROWLER 30P RLS. MODEL 5SFPB352OGE313659 The Rear Window leaked and the flooring is bad. Had a gentleman company review it the window was not installed properly. And Heartland will not repair it. The cost of the repair is $2,700
- Minnie truax, North Carolina

2020-08-30 2019 Heartland Pioneer RL250 View Listings

Bought a brand new trailer last summer and have had nothing but water issues. Under the kitchen sink and under the shower. We've had to take it back to be repaired twice- had them in a few times and it's going back in this winter for more water damage, the curtain valence is falling off, the rope part of the seat for the dinette is hanging off. :-(. Pioneer should be absolutely embarrassed to be selling this piece of crap trailer and we haven't even traveled yet with it. Just back and forth for repairs. DON'T BUY THIS TRAILER!!!!
- Elaine Misson , Ontario