Heartland RVs Reviews (483)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Heartland RVs Reviews and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of these RVs.

Peter and Karen Razza from Rhode Island says:

Have you owned any Heartland RVs? Write a review

Voted Most Helpful Review 2018 Heartland Mallard 28 View Listings

Recently purchased a 2018 m28. Being fully aware that to build a 30' trailer with a gvw of 6900 lbs it had to be built with light material's. If your expecting a heavy duty bullet proof camper this is not for you. That being said in the light weigh class this trailer is awesome lots of cool details like great lighting big shower lighted storage. Plus it's beautifuly laid out. The center island really makes it work. Tows easy with my v8 f150.
- Peter and Karen Razza, Rhode Island

2019-12-11 2018 Heartland Bighorn Traveler 39RD View Listings

The wife ordered this trailer through Rocky Mountain R V in Butte, Montana. The only thing that I wanted was 8000# axles. They were good, give us all the time we needed to get out of our Redwood 38rl. It was impossible to put our stuff from the Redwood into this. Lots of trips to the giveaway place. We have owned 5 5th trailers and 2 motorhomes. We're not new to this. Now to the trailer.... We had the trailer (2) two weeks when I noticed water coming from the belly. Come to find out the fitting came out of the BLACK tank, the belly was FULL of..... 3 days later the cupboard over the t v was falling down. Not 1 screw in the studs. A couple of days later the side cupboards started to fall,so I fixed them too. We never have been able to figure out the T V coax wiring. Several water leaks, new toilet. And then the pantry fell in. I had a new pantry built with roller drawers. This is the scary part, the fireplace melted the plug in AND the receptacle in the wall. Never popped the breaker!! A real electrician fixed that and installed more breakers. They were double and triple wired together. I don't know why it didn't burn down. Mother board furnace, 2 windows broke out,try to get that fixed before 2 weeks goes by. There's more but too depressing. Don't get single pane windows. As I said we have had several R V's. This trailer is the WORST trailer we ever had. Then the insulation, or lack of it. I wonder if this thing even made that stop. I've been in tents that didn't have as much air blowing through it as this trailer does. The blinds fall out and were installed crooked. The axles are out of alignment wearing the tires bad. Maybe we just got a bad one but I didn't have near the trouble with all the others combined. CYA folks.
- Danny Lamb, Kansas

2019-12-10 2019 Heartland Pioneer QB300 View Listings

First shower in rv pee trap broke under floor in bathtub...hole in floor not wide enough..flooded the whole underbellie of camper...used oven twice and ignitor had to be replaced..refrigerator keeps icing up...now heater part on furnace not blowing hot air...manufacture warranty expired...😟..i did not take back to dealer (camping world) because they wanted me to just drop it off and they will get to it when they can...i am in my camper more iften than not so i could not do that...i hired an independant repair company and they did the work and i sent invoice to Heartland and got reimbursed every penny..now that manufacture warranty is up we will see how good extended warranty works...
- Debora, Florida

2019-12-07 2019 Heartland Cyclone 4007 View Listings

To whom it may concern, Prior to purchasing an RV I called several RV repair shops and simply asked them which brands they would recommend to buy based on which ones were the easiest to work on and broke down the least. Heartland was often recommended and the brand we chose to purchase. Since purchase we have had nothing but a year and a half of problems. Once we hooked up our water during the first weekn it began spewing water from behind the hook up. The cause of this was that the fitting connecting the hot water heater to the RV wasn’t secure and was allowing well over 100 gallons of water to spew into the underbelly of our RV. Next we had a leak in the toilet that cost a couple of hundred dollars to fix and after that our garage AC stopped working in the middle of a New Mexico summer. We then started working with Adam Batson to get the AC fixed. After 2 months of sending him pictures of what we needed fixed several times we finally got the AC delivered. We had the RV repairmen at the RV to fix the AC, slide valves in our dump tanks, and the water selector switch. They quickly noticed they sent us the wrong AC. Once we got the correct AC we were told that the old one had stopped working because when it was installed the freeze sensor wasn’t in the coil/fins as it should have been causing the compressor to run too long and not shut down when it should and thus shortening the life of the compressor. Next we had had water leaking from under our sink. We ultimately found out it was caused by a faulty fauced and caused all of the wood and wood paneling around the kitchen sink to rot and need to be replaced which also took months to complete. After ournext move we arrived and the couches in the garages were both flat against the sides of the RV. The metal on the happy jack lifts had bent allowing them to once again fall during our move. I called Adam who told me that Happy Jack would not authorize to replace the part. I got the happy jack information from him. I explained to the man there what had happened and he asked me if there were pins in the couches to secure the couches and prevent them from falling. I told him that when we received the RV the couches were down and that there were no pins in He explained that this is why the parts bent during transport and that it should have come with these pins. He agreed to send me the new parts, which arrived a few days later. Next we had to work to get our auto leveler fixed. When we would hit the auto level button it would begin to level and then it would extend the legs on one side of the RV as far as it could and the legs on the opposing side wouldn’t move at all causing the RV to almost tip over. When the RV repairman was here to install the AC he was able to diagnose the problem. I called Adam and put him on speakerphone to talk to the repairman and myself at the same time so there was no confusion. I was assured that he was putting in the parts request and they would be shipped out. I didn’t receive them the following week and was out of town for 6 days the week after that. I figured that after two weeks I would return home to the parts being delivered but this was not the case. I called Adam the next business day and was told that for some reason the parts department had not gotten the order. He was also trying to order the wrong part for the auto leveler despite the repairman clearly explaining it to both of us while he was on speakerphone. We are now over three weeks since the original parts should have been submitted to the parts department. It is very clear from the amount of problems that we have had with this RV that it’s construction was very rushed and not well done. Between the constant problems we have had and the difficulty to get things fixed I would not recommend buying this brand of RV to anyone that asks. 12/6/2019 We recently ended up getting the auto leveler fixed. After having changed the computer and batteries we found out that the problems were happening because the leveling sensor on the back was in fact installed backwards. About two weeks after this was fixed we were home cleaning when our electric turned off. We were surprised because we have a surge protector in place. When we were checking all of the connections we were surprised to see that the plug to the RV and 50 amp cord were all burned. We took it in to get fixed and were informed that the reason the surge protector hadn’t stopped it was because it was the result of a lose ground wire in the RV. Once the ground wire, new 50 amp cord and connection to the RV were all fixed we still did not have power. The electrician immediately knew that the transfer switch was bad. Once this was replaced we had electricity again. I am furious with how this company does business. They provide a cheap and unsafe product. If we hadn't been home when the electricity went out our entire RV and 5 animals could have died in an electric fire. DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT!
- Chelsea, California

2019-12-05 2018 Heartland North Trail 22FBS View Listings

This is our second North Trail RV. We plan on living full time in it and it so far has served all our purposes. The bathroom is roomy and has plenty of cupboard space. Counter space is awesome in the kitchen area. Kitchen also has lots of storage with the pantry. The few issues we had we brought right back to our dealer and they were dealt with quickly and professionally. They were super accommodating.
- Cindy , Michigan

2019-12-03 2018 Heartland Bighorn 3270RS View Listings

This was the worst choice we ever made. In July of 2018, we excitedly purchased this RV. At finalization of the sale, which we also got Platinum Warranty, we were congratulated and atta-boyed like crazy. Our first night in rv, I noticed water leaking underneath outside. After much back and forth and arguing, 2 valves and a pump later, it seems to be fixed. Then, upon bringing it in for warranty coating, and punch list repairs, we get the unit home, slide out bedroom and the moulding cracks and breaks away from ceiling. Come to find out, when they replaced ceiling panel, they left a mallet in slide out. I called, told them and they replied " all our tools are accounted for". We don't own a mallet, well, we do now! We fixed it ourselves. As for pump issues earlier in this review, we were told, if you are handy at all, "you can change valve yourself". Wow, really!!!! Next, we lost power, come to find out our battery was dead, upon investigating further, they only equipped us with 1, when we were told at walk through there were 2 for this size unit. Again, upon calling for assistance, help, advice.....nothing!!. A back and 4th, pass the buck fight,and "we won't reimburse you as your a couple days out of year warranty". This is on a screw up they made by only equipping the unit with 1 battery that had to work for 2. Of course its going to die. We never have had our indicator lights function Correctly. They read full all the time, even when empty. This is our fulltime home. Their answer to everything is, bring it in. We Willget to it when we can. We live 3 and a half hours away. The customer service is appalling and/or really non-existent. We were so ex cited to take this journey, but we made the wrong choice going with the Bighorn by heartland. They sell it to you and then basically should have said" don't let the door hit you!!! Our worst purchase to date. Do your homework folks!!!!!! Don't fall for their smiling faces. Talk about buyers remorse!!! This is it, at its finest. Good luck people!
- christeelu62@yahoo.com, Arizona

2019-12-03 2018 Heartland Prowler Lynx 32LX View Listings

Where do I begin. This trailer has been a nightmare from the gate! We purchased our Trailer from Dixie RV in Hammond LA. I don't recommend them at all! The will tell you anything you want to hear just to sell the trailer. We travel for work so we are on the road frequently. Our first trip out was to AZ and as we were leaving we noticed the SIDING WAS BREATHING in and out! It wasn't attached!!!! The water pump went out and all in all it was just a rough ride. Our Second trip out we stopped for a mini vacation in Iowa and all of a sudden in the middle of a down pour in the middle of the night we get a water feature in our bedroom! I suppose I shouldn't complain people pay a lot of money for that... Normally though the water feature isn't running down the wall onto your head! From there we gave up.. the factory helped with getting the roof repaired but as for replacing our mattress it was like pulling teeth! It took almost a month to get it done and I had to threaten to bring the trailer up to Indiana and park it on there front steps. Which I still think is a good idea! All in all we have had to have all 4 tires replaced with proper trailer tires ( Not the Car tires they had on it!) The leaf springs replaced because of a tire blowing out. ( Hence the reason we had the tires replaced) the water pump twice! The Roof TWICE! the heater fixed TWICE! ( In 20 degree weather!) The gas lines replaced, and the thermostat on the wall still doesn't work correctly and just this last trip the kitchen faucet started leaking and broke! So in my humble opinion NEVER BUY FROM DIXIE RV or from HEARTLAND! EVER!!
- Kathy Suess, Texas

2019-11-22 2017 Heartland Bighorn 3875FB View Listings

Love this unit and set up. But manufacturer would not stand by a delaminating floor on a slide out. Just out of warranty when we noticed the problem. And extended warranty doesn't cover the floor also. Check units over carefully if your looking to purchase
- Ev Holz, Minnesota

2019-11-21 2018 Heartland Prowler Lynx 25LX View Listings

Piece of crap, every opening cracks around windows, door, furnace broke down first day used it, bathtub leaks, toilet leaks, all the rain weeps are not big enough for water to drain, stove exhaust dont work, will be taking back under the lemon law, not worth the money
- Wm ford, Michigan

2019-11-20 2018 Heartland Wilderness 2475BH View Listings

We LOVE being able to camp in our CA winters. That alone is worth it all! That said: Not a perfect experience by any means, but having done a bunch of research we fully expected to have issues. RV's in general are made cheap, quick, and usually by underpaid labor. So going in we knew we would have to fix/replace a few things. Most issues have been installer issues, some trim pieces the brads were over driven (ie through the trim), the microwave wanted to jump out because the 3 of the 4 screws holding it didn't go into wood. A we've had a few device manufacturer or material failures: 1) water heater circuit board fried a relay, 2) the propane hoses to the tanks failed. Both of the material issues were resolved by my awesome RV dealer, RVMax in Rocklin CA, without bringing the darn RV to the dealer! Now have routine maintenance, failing sealant, etc.
- B_Dub, California

2019-11-18 2018 Heartland Big Country 3310QSCK View Listings

We love our RV, however we took it home after purchase and put the slides out and there was a gouge in the flooring, contacted our dealership and they tried for over 5 months to get approval to fix/replace it, along with other warranty work, I called Heartland service several times and it did not help,finally since we only live a couple hours from the factory we called for them to fix it, of course they were booked up, however they had another service center they suggested we take it to, we did and Heartland still didn't want to approve the work. We love our Big Country but will never by a Heartland product,
- Rose Lester, Ohio

2019-11-14 2011 Heartland ElkRidge 34QSRL View Listings

We purchased or Elkridge second hand in 2014 (so 3 years old) and did not do proper research with I regret. The siding was loose even then. We used it for several family trips, and members with allergies became ill (did not know why at the time) we wanted to trade in for a trailer instead of a 5th wheel in 2019. We had maintained the 5th wheel well and there was no evidence of leaks, when the dealer looked at it they found that all the walls were completely rotten and moldy and the floor as well. This trailer as only 8 years old!!! Would not recommend.
- Louise, Ontario

2019-11-11 2020 Heartland Cyclone 3600 View Listings

This my first 5th Wheel. I have a 2016 GMC Sierra 3500 SRW with a Demco Autoslide Hitch. The trailer towes FANTASTIC. Because I didn't want to get a dually this was the biggest toy hauler I could tow. I had to sacrifice some of the luxuries of the bigger toy haulers: kitchen and living room are smaller than I'd like, but very livable. Garage not only added the ability to haul our BMW R1200RT with a side car but added a patio that we find we are using all the time. We have come to prefer the toy hauler style RV over the regular style because of the extra space the ramp patio gives us. It also gives guests their own bathroom with a more private sleeping area. We added a rear curtain and better locks so that the back ramp patio door can be left open. And since the patio door is made by Challenger it has no wood so moisture will not effect it. We have had a couple issues with slide adjustments and a missing screen, but Heartland customer support has been very supportive in getting things fixed properly.
- Larry, Indiana

2019-11-07 2018 Heartland Cyclone 4005 View Listings

We love our RV except for the inverter!! We live in our RV. Have only owned it 17 months and inverter won't charge the batteries. Our power gets low so we have to use a battery charger and our dually to charge up the power. Heartland needs to fix this issue and give us a new inverter, because right now we cannot afford one!!
- Dixie, Texas

2019-11-05 2018 Heartland ElkRidge 31RLK View Listings

It's a pretty RV however we continue to have issues with the shades not going up and down. Of course now that it is out of warranty the fireplace does not work. It's sad that you pay an astronomical amounts of money for these RV's and and they are just made so cheaply and thrown together. Just this weekend we were not getting power to all of the trailer and unscrewed the plug in and found that the red wire was not totally connected. To me this is a safety hazard and we could have had a fire had it arched and melted. No wonder they only give you a one year warranty.....they can rid themselves of you quickly and you have to pay for everything else. Same with the dealer, all they want is the sale, then afterwards they can't help you out.
- JSefcik, Texas

2019-11-04 2020 Heartland North Trail 33BKSS View Listings

We bought this trailer brand new 6 months ago. We loved the floor plan and it seemed to be put together well. Upon pickup from dealer air conditioning was short cycling, city water hook up was falling off, front door and screen were jamming up. Window covers put on crooked, ac vents collapsed in roof. Dealer fixed all issues first trip out P trap under shower broke and flooded the trailer. Was fixed and broke again were now on 3rd repair. All the wood trim inside has started to delaminate from the base, has been replaced and the new one has started doing the same thing. Dometic thermostat already broke, our last trip out we had no heat so we froze to death. Bunk house wall started to separate at the door jam. All the rubber around the slides has started to tear. Water heater leaks and black tank has issues. Always reads 2/3 full even when its empty. Has done it since 1st trip. I would recommend anyone else looking at a heartland product to look elsewhere first. Very disappointed in the quality, and the industry answer that this is the way it always is blows my mind. What happened to pride in craftsmanship in this country.
- Rudy Krutka, Nevada

2019-11-03 2019 Heartland Pioneer 327 View Listings

We bought a 2019 Heartland Pioneer 327 from Camping World in Albuquerque in March of 2019. We have had it for 6 months and so many things have gone wrong. After investigating a plumbing problem, which was a water hose that was not connected; we discovered feces in the underbelly that appears to have been there since before we purchased the rig. After opening the underbelly we discovered that the motor for the rear landing gear was indeed installed, but never connected to the switch. When Camping World found that the switch didn’t work they suggested that Heartland had forgotten to install it, and then charged us for another they installed on the outside of the rig. We have just received a recall on the air conditioning unit also . So many things have gone wrong and neither Heartland or Camping World have been helpful. The rig was supposed to be NEW however it appears that it was not. Although we left the rig with Camping World for 2 weeks for the rig to be inspected and cleaned, the rig was absolutely filthy when it was delivered. We will never buy another product from Heartland or Camping World. Their integrity on a scale 1-10 is ZERO. We will be getting rid of this lemon as soon as we possibly can. Unfortunately the workers take no pride in the product they are selling, or in the service they provide to the customers. These two companies have made our first experience with a Fifth wheel horrible. DO NOT BUY ANYTHING from Camping World or Heartland. You will be severely disappointed in the whole experience.
- Anonymous , New Mexico

2019-11-03 2018 Heartland Mallard 335 View Listings

This unit is a piece of crap. I work in a remote mine so I moved the trailer up there to stay in. The living room A/C quit working on it. Luckily I had one installed in the bedroom so I made it through the last of summer. Figured on getting some one to come out and take a look at it while it was cool before summer hits again. Left for the weekend and came back and now the heater quit working. Oh yeah they will repair it, just bring it in,250 miles or so and leave it. Then I don't have any place to stay here at the mine. Plus all of the travel miles. Go buy a good a RV and spend the extra money, not one of these pieces of ***. NEVER BUY ONE OF THESE PIECES OF ***.
- Charles Helm, Arizona

2019-10-31 2020 Heartland Elkridge 31RLS View Listings

We bought this trailer in July and was delivered without the auto leveling working. The trailer almost tipped over as one of the sensors was installed upside down. We now have the trailer at the dealership for fridge leaking into drawer below as drain not hooked up from factory and the seals in shower not installed at all. So we now have a new trailer with moisture already in it. Solution we were given, high power fans to dry everything out & put the wood veneer tape back on the front of the drawer under the fridge. The fridge is in the tipout & were told that the water did not make it below the flooring. Pretty sad when you spend $65,000 on a trailer & only had it for 4 months. Not impressed.
- Traci Woermke, Ontario

2019-10-30 2017 Heartland Cyclone 4100 View Listings

We bought 2015 cyclone new from lakeside rv in Michigan. They had better pricing than any of the surrounding states. But the good new stops there. Getting service from them was a joke. It seams to me there your best friend till you buy an rv and leave with it. Then you become a step child to them. The first problem was sewer smell coming from the back toilet . It seem the vent hole in the roof was never cut ,letting sewer smell in the rv. The next problem was the bed room slide out gearbox went bad not letting the slide out come in. Next the central vacuum quit working and the don’t make a replacement for it so had to eliminate it. The most expensive repaired was the norcold fridge, there a piece of junk and should never be sold to anybody we had problems for a year before we finally replaced it with a house Samsung that is compatible with a generators. The tv cable going to bed room quit working I had to purchase a hdmi transmitter receiver to watch tv in bed room. The couch in the living room is cheap and starting to wear out, don’t be fooled there not leather there made of a material called pleather. The latest problem is the rubber seal in the kitchen sink started leaking.
- J.R. Watson, Oklahoma

2019-10-28 2019 Heartland Wilderness 2775RB View Listings

Purchased our unit Dec. 31, 2018from Maxie Price RV in Loganville, Ga while visiting family. Brought it home to Florida the next day and had nothing but issues. List is way to long to list here but took pics and submitted to seller. I was told I would reimbursed for my time as long as I submitted invoice. I have done so and no response. These units are garbage stay away from them. Even the service centers are garbage they flooded our unit then went out of business. (Not the place of purchase but local certified dealer in fl.) We are still finding problems now a roof leak or water intrusion everytime it rains. Problem after problem from second day of purchase til present and not even a year old. Sorry excuse for a travel trailer. Stay away they are a headache from the get go!!
- Christine Welsh/ Jeff Phillips, Florida

2019-10-27 2020 Heartland North Trail 33BKSS View Listings

Bough 2020 north trail 33bkss don't recommend any one to buy took home dealer got home trim moldings falling of cable slide out lose on and on going back they told me go throu this trailer before go out delivered customer they don't 30 thousand dollars unit very sad guys heartland don't want hear dealer play game scotts recreation Maine told me it's house wheels going have problem but u there kiss feet ones buy sign papers you on own 30k bill your back
- Luis m, Massachusetts

2019-10-25 2016 Heartland ElkRidge 39MBHS View Listings

I absolutely love this rv. It has so much room inside. The fireplace warms up the whole place if it isn't too cold outside. The fridge is big and works great. The shower is roomy. This rig has tons of storage inside and out compared to many others. It is very easy to pull and clean. I have never been so comfortable in an rv until I stayed in the Elkridge 39mbhs.
- Lyn, Arizona

2019-10-23 2019 Heartland Prowler Lynx 30LX View Listings

I bought a 2019 Heartland Prowler Lynx 30 travel trailer a few months ago. We have literally lived in this thing for 2 months while we build a house and I have already had to replace the thermostat twice. Additionally, water leaks around the toilet when you flush it, the trim that separates the sofa from the dining table is coming apart, and as of 2 days ago, the furnace stopped working. So let me move on to Heartland's excellent customer service (sarcasm). When I encountered the first problem (thermostat), I was informed that the warranty requires that I bring the RV back to the dealer, which is 120 miles from where I live. As stated earlier, I'm living in the RV while I build, so I've already set this thing up on jacks and installed plywood around the bottom for the winter. Not to mention, I had to have it delivered because I didn't have anything to pull it with. Therefore, taking it back wasn't an option. Besides, I'd be out more money doing that than if I replaced the thermostat. In Heartland's defense, in this one instance, they decided to mail me a replacement thermostat for free, instead of requiring me bring the RV to them. I installed it and same problem; the settings jump around like crazy. Incidentally, this particular thermostat has HORRIBLE reviews on Amazon. I finally managed to get the setting on the 2nd thermostat to stay put. You just can't adjust it or it goes crazy. I called Heartland and they couldn't recommend any other thermostats I could get as an alternative. Seriously? So I'm stuck either paying an electrician to come fix it or spend about the same amount of money, if not more, having it hauled 120 miles? I won't even get into the other problems, as they have not been resolved either. I thought buying a new RV and reselling after I built my home would be preferable to renting, WRONG ! Plus, I thought we may want to keep it afterwards and maybe go camping occasionally. Ummm, I don't think so. This piece of trash is most likely to leave me stranded or blow up and night in my sleep. This is my 1st RV experience and it will be the LAST ! Heartland has left a lasting bad impression on this first time RV'er. I would recommend this product to anyone !
- Chris Cash, Kentucky

2019-10-21 2018 Heartland Pioneer DS320 View Listings

The quality in this camper is nonexistent, they should be ashamed. Metal filings and sawdust blew out of the floor registers when the heat was turned on. Water leaks under kitchen cabinets. Water heater works only intermittently. Awning motor burned out within the 1st month. Blind had to be replaced, gaping holes in undercarriage. This has to be the worst camper on the market today. I would never recommend or buy another one, just junk!!!!!!!!
- Jacob , Vermont