Tiffin Phaeton

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Tiffin Phaeton RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Jack Caldwell from Illinois says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2015 Tiffin Phaeton 40AH View Listings

The quality just isn't there. The serice is slow at best dealer support is nearly none existent. If you are very very patient the RV may eventually come around. I expected far more than I received for the primeium I paid. We have had the RV since March and the problems just keep coming. I have had over 30 quality problems some very large making my using the motor home impossible. It's pretty, the layout is great. I'm just waiting for the day when the gremlins go away. The freightliner chassis is rock solid. All of my problems have been with what Tiffin put on it.
- Jack Caldwell, Illinois

2021-09-13 2005 Tiffin Phaeton 35DH View Listings

My wife and I have loved using this RV to visit parks and spend outdoor time with our family. It is comfortable to sleep in, and easy to cook meals in the kitchen. If it is cold or rainy, the kitchen table is a great place to sit and enjoy a meal or a board game! I addition, this RV is easy to drive!
- Bill Fitch, Texas

2021-08-25 2016 Tiffin Phaeton 44OH View Listings

So easy! Its big w alot of room. So liveable. Beds comfy, bathroom kitchen and drives like a dream. At 1650 rpm w get 8.7 mpg. Not a single complaint so far. Wish I could go somewhere every weekend! Very happy with our purchase.
- Whitney Broussard, Texas

2021-08-06 2010 Tiffin Phaeton 40QTH View Listings

So far the experience has been wonderful still haven’t sold the RV yet but hope to soon. The process of putting the RV online to sell was not hard at all. Now we just need that one person looking for their new RV to select ours.
- DIANE LEE, Texas

2021-07-07 2012 Tiffin Phaeton 40QBH View Listings

It was a wonderful experience, my wife has become ill so we decided to move on. I will miss this one, I put a lot of money into it to fix it like my wife wanted it. I had a problem with my engine about 3100 miles ago and the extended warranty would not cover this. I went back to Dealer and he paid $34,000 for a full rebuild through my local Cummins dealer warranty is available. Beautiful coach I had so much fun in it. Make sure you have a membership with Sam's club and I also belonged to KOA both have very nice campgrounds.
- Chuck Kennedy, Pennsylvania

2021-07-06 2005 Tiffin Phaeton 40QDH View Listings

Purchased it used of coarse, Clean, floor plan was what we were looking for. Few things need to be fixed, but its used. 20K miles is nothing on it. Only problem is trying to find paint for touch up. Have few little nicks,rubbed out most every light scratch. Sticker in door is faded. Tiffin didnt keep records past 2006. May hit auto shop for touch up stuff and some clear coat. Need to remove that cracked plastic film on nose. So far happy with it. Did a week test trip, all was good. 7.3 mpg in stop n go traffic for 5 hours. Should get closer to 8mpg on rd with cruise on. That was with toad on dolly.
- Joe Walsh, Florida

2021-06-15 2018 Tiffin Phaeton 37BH View Listings

Tiffin has had a reputation for quality and does an excellent job of standing behind their product even when out of the one-year warranty period. On several occasions, they have repaired minor items for no charge.
- Richard W Harvey, Washington

2021-06-05 2007 Tiffin Phaeton 40QDH View Listings

Top quality motorhome. Tiffin Motorhomes perform customer service like no other company. Technicians are only a phone call away. Our experience with our choice to "Go Tiffin" has truly been an exceptional experience. The Air suspension ride is smooth and a real joy to drive. Performance is great. Tiffin is the only motorhome I would buy.
- Patty Means, Arizona

2021-05-29 2020 Tiffin Phaeton View Listings

Buyer beware. Horrible turning radious No quality checks before delivery. Poor workmanship. Been to Red Bay four times and now out of warranty. Don’t buy excuses about the RedBay Services. They were still trying to repair problems four trips later. We still have fumes and I have been to Freightliner twice and they said it is a Tiffin issue. Horrible coach with inept service technicians
- Susan Johnson, Florida

2021-04-20 2005 Tiffin Phaeton 40QDH View Listings

They are beautiful on the outside and all you hear about is service. They DO NOT service their own vehicles over 10 years your on your own. The doors leak over time from the top rail and rot the steps out. They have a very top heavy feel to them with alot of sway. I have driven cross country for 20 years and these feel very loose. The wetbay had a recall but if you didn't have it fixed in that time your out of luck, they will not touch it and the tanks will fall out look on Youtube. Also the roof will leak these are not one piece fiberglass and you will not notice it until it shows on your ceiling. I still have mine but its a constant battle to keep it up and I also have a 70 foot shop to keep mine in and it only has 25000 miles . So dont fall for the beauty if you dont like to work hard.
- Jack Pineiro, Louisiana

2021-02-13 2013 Tiffin Phaeton 40QBH View Listings

This RV has been very reliable we have traveled to every state including Alaska. We have put 68000 mi on it. We did have to replace the refrigerator and two air conditioner but was under warranty. I recommend any Rv from tiffon.
- Terry west, Georgia

2021-01-29 2010 Tiffin Phaeton 40QTH View Listings

We lived in this model for 9 years and found it comfortable, reliable and high quality throughout! Solid wood cabinetry, tile floors, sleep number bed all come stock and make a wonderful home-on-wheels!
- Amy Vejar, Texas

2021-01-23 2013 Tiffin Phaeton 40QTH View Listings

The quality and comfort of this coach is incredible. Tiffin builds one of the best coaches in the industry. We have enjoyed our time using it. It is easy to set up and is remarkably easy to drive and maneuver. Once set up, you have all the comforts of home wherever you are!
- Mike Baize, Arizona

2020-12-01 2020 Tiffin Phaeton 40IH View Listings

We pre-ordered a Tiffin Phaeton 40IH Motorhome this year before Corona hit, with delivery in early July. When it arrived, there were numerous issues we were surprised would come out of the factory. There were several places with scratches in the interior doors and trim that had been puttied over. One was a large gouge in the underside of the cabinet over our chairs. The dealer said Tiffin was unlikely to replace the whole cabinets and just put a little more putty on, which looked even worse. We also never got several things fixed like a front window night shade with a huge crease in it. We were going to drive all the way to Alabama to Tiffin to try to resolve the issues since our dealer couldnt but Tiffin said its first come first server and that we would be waiting at least 10 days once we got there to even have them look at it. Long story short, we paid more then some houses for this RV and the quality falls way short and is worse then the RV we had before that was 1/3 the price
- Sol Keston, South Carolina

2020-11-05 2013 Tiffin Phaeton 40QBH View Listings

2013 Phaeton 40QBH with the 380hp Cummins and the Allison 6 speed were the perfect combination for our recent trip out west towing our toad (Jeep Grand Cherokee) through the mountains. Luxurious living everywhere you park "Roughing it Smoothly" is true. Was uncertain about the Fireplace at first but on those cool mornings, sure was used to take the edge off and AC compatible for the Hot days. With the Dishwasher, Washer
- RJ Mason, Ohio

2020-10-30 2014 Tiffin Phaeton 42LH View Listings

We are full time living in our Tiffin. She us home and so comfortable for us. We have plenty of room for our kitchen items and our clothes. The ‘basement’ storage is great for all my husband’s fishing and hunting gear.
- Christi Wright, Tennessee

2020-08-11 2011 Tiffin Phaeton 40QTH View Listings

We very much enjoyed our time with the Phaeton. It has loads of storage both inside and outside. We were very impressed with the factory visit and the expertise of everyone there. The visit to the assembly line was very impressive.
- Sandra , South Dakota

2020-06-07 2013 Tiffin Phaeton 40QBH View Listings

We started RVing in 2010 and had a couple of RVs prior to this one. The 2013 Phaeton is the best one we ever owned. It is super easy to drive. I was a little skeptical about driving a 40’, but after taking the Lazydays confidence course I was fully confident. My husband and I both drive which makes it easier for our trips. The layout and storage spaces make it comfortable for full-timing which we have done. The service we received from Tiffin motor homes has gone above and beyond any service we have experienced. I would highly recommend this RV.
- Linda Ogles, Texas

2020-05-17 2014 Tiffin Phaeton 42LH View Listings

I bought a 2014 Tiffin Phaeton about two years ago and have loved it. Our first really long trip was a 6000 mile one the South Dakota, Yellowstone and Montana. The coach is easy to drive and was fantastic to live in. It has been such a great experience that we are selling the unit and buying a new one just like it.
- Jerry Quick, Alabama

2020-05-03 2006 Tiffin Phaeton 40QDH View Listings

I like the design of the inside Love the look on the outside Would like to come down and look at it and talk about the price No smoking on the inside How many owners owned it before this when how well it was maintain What's don't need to be fix on it Why condition is the roof and the slide down How old is the refrigerator and AC and tires Washer and dryer and a plumbing
- Wayne Pindell , Florida

2020-04-06 2008 Tiffin Phaeton 40QSH View Listings

We have the same model except no fireplace. We had to replace the Norcold Refrigerator two years ago and the back end floor had to be lifted. Tiffin did it because it was a recall and done under the time frame. We love this unit!
- Freddy Ridout, Virginia

2019-10-25 2012 Tiffin Phaeton 40QBH View Listings

We have really enjoyed the motorhome! It is a comfortable ride, spacious and the layout is comfortable. Plenty of storage, in the kitchen, bedroom and bathrooms. Having a half bath in the middle is ideal for guests.
- Bernard Uffelman, Texas

2019-10-14 2013 Tiffin Phaeton 40QBH View Listings

Gorgeous motorhome in pristine condition. Doesn't even looked lived in. Owners have taken excellent care of inside and basement areas. Generator starts quickly and is very quiet. It's on our short list!
- Kathy, Alabama

2019-10-13 2016 Tiffin Phaeton 44OH View Listings

This has been the BEST RV I've owned. The powerglide frame beats out the Freightliner. Lots of power,love the layout. Smooth riding with tag,easy to turn. Have gotten many many compliments. Color is fantastic.never run out of hot water. Many more features.
- Red Ashley , Texas

2019-10-05 2005 Tiffin Phaeton 40QDH View Listings

Tiffin coaches are top-of-the line motorhomes. Their quality is above the rest and the customer service in Red Bay, AL is 5-star. Our coach is an older model and has held up superbly - indicative of Tiffin's quality reputation!
- Jenny Homan , Georgia