Tiffin RVs Reviews (362)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Tiffin RVs Reviews and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of these RVs.

Jack Caldwell from Illinois says:

Have you owned any Tiffin RVs? Write a review

Voted Most Helpful Review 2015 Tiffin Phaeton 40AH View Listings

The quality just isn't there. The serice is slow at best dealer support is nearly none existent. If you are very very patient the RV may eventually come around. I expected far more than I received for the primeium I paid. We have had the RV since March and the problems just keep coming. I have had over 30 quality problems some very large making my using the motor home impossible. It's pretty, the layout is great. I'm just waiting for the day when the gremlins go away. The freightliner chassis is rock solid. All of my problems have been with what Tiffin put on it.
- Jack Caldwell, Illinois

2019-11-22 2016 Tiffin Allegro 32SA View Listings

The 2016 Tiffin Allegro 32SA has been a great coach for us providing plenty of room for our extended summer get-aways and monthly RV Club get-togethers with friends. The size is perfect to get into National and State Park RV campsites. It has plenty of power to tow our car. We are especially pleased with Tiffin Motorhomes' outstanding quality and service!
- Joann, Florida

2019-11-19 2014 Tiffin Allegro Breeze 32BR View Listings

SUMMARY: We struggled to enjoy this RV. Bought it new, kept it for 2 years and under 10k miles, then sold for around $30k less.than our purchase price which we think was getting off lucky given our feelings about it. PROS: - Aesthetics play a big part for this unit. It certainly looks sharp. - The layout works well enough for longer term use. We traveled up to 4 months at a time and found it just large enough. - Underside storage bays are huge pass-throughs which allowed us to put expensive bicycles down there to keep them safe and clean. - air ride suspension allows the RV to be dropped down when parked. CONS: (too many) - #1 gripe is the extremely POOR insulation which greatly effected livability in both warmer and cooler temps. The Breeze was like an oven anytime temps got over 75F. During our long stay in AZ during the winter, we frequently had to use reflexive foil sheets on all the sun exposed windows even though the outdoor temps were only just comfortable. Conversely it did not hold heat and needed ceramic auxiliary heaters any time the temps were under 55F. Even with dual heaters going throughout the night, we still froze. Oh, also installed the insulated foil stuff over all the windows to try keeping out the cold draft... didn't help much. FYI, heat pump installed with the AC unit is useless below 45F, leaving you to burn through your propane running the gas heater. Overall, the livable temperature range of this unit is severely limited to only around 20F (55-75F). - driver's side slideout is very poor fitting. It had a large gap along the bottom, enough to put my hand through to the inside of the unit after flipping down the single excuse of a weather strip. On colder nights in AZ had to pull in the slideout to try limiting excessive heat loss. - rear motor emits tons of heat into the back bedroom and takes many hours to dissipate after a long drive. Motor is extremely noisy for a long day of driving giving us headaches. - the fiberglass header cap at the front above the windscreen is completely uninsulated. I found this out by accident while removing the water tank display panel. Nothing up there except the outside fiberglass shell. - rear cap also had no insullation. found this out while sorting out the mess of AV wiring and components stuffed into the upper cabinets. - cheap windows that have large gaps between the sliders and fixed panes, plus weep holes, etc. Definitely not all season windows. - highway driving is quite wallowy, especially when any pickup truck or larger passed by. - engine ECU lost programming while RV was stored plugged in to land power. RV had to be towed to a service center. - had a turbo pressure sensor hose blow, resulting in limping through the remainder of our trip and many panic calls to Tiffin support. Once home, another trip to the service center. - passenger slideout fiberglass shell underside cracked from sitting directly on the roller mechanisms. They installed aftermarket plates to try fixing this. - very soft paint finish that scratches and scuffs extremely easily. On the plus side, a professional body touch up (buffing) > $1000 can restore much of the original look.
- Bryan, Idaho

2019-11-13 2015 Tiffin Allegro Bus 37AP View Listings

I have been RVing for 35 yrs. Have had Tiffins Bus,Pheaton and Open Road, Tiffin is the best buy you can make for the money.Mr. Tiffin and sons stand behind their product as do their dealers. Never had a bad experience with their people. Only problem I've ever had is waiting for service,they have so many on the road,but have a super service at Red Bay.
- bross411941, Alabama

2019-11-12 2016 Tiffin Allegro RED 38QRA View Listings

WE HAD A 34 TGA GAS MOTOR HOME,AND THERE IS NO COMPARISION IN RIDE,QUIETNESS,FUEL ECONOMY , THE FREIGHTLINER CHASSIS, AND THE 360 CUMMINS DIESEL HAS THE POWER, IN SHORT WE HAVE TRAVELED THE LAST 4 YEARS WITH REGULAR SERVICE DONE IN GAFFNEY WITH NO PROBLEMS. COACH HAS NO DAMAGE,ALL APPLIANCES AND SYSTEMS WORK ,TIRES AND BATTERIES ARE IN GOOD SHAPE
- ALLEN FRANKLIN, Florida

2019-11-07 2017 Tiffin Allegro 31MA View Listings

I love the floor plan to this RV and easy for full time rv living for the two of us. It is very easy to drive. My problems are with quality of build. We have had many water leaks due to poor crimping of plumbing. Access to the problem areas has been poor. Movement of kitchen slide has allowed counter solid surface to break,silicone caulking lifting,rubber under slide tearing. This is our third RV..I thought Tiffin was suppose to be better quality.
- Vic Wright, Oregon

2019-10-28 2018 Tiffin Allegro Bus 40AP View Listings

My review might be considered a bit prejudiced as I’ve only owned Tiffin Allegro buses since I started Full Time RVing. I initially looked at other brands but after talking to current RVers and sale staff at RV dealers I settled on the Tiffin brand. While I initially was looking at a Phaeton I discover a great deal on a year old Allegro bus. We are currently on our second Tiffin Allegro Bus. I can state without a doubt I’m completely satisfied with my purchase. I believe that at this price you would be hard pressed to find a coach equipped with the options a full time RVer needs or wants in other brands. Are other better equipped ones out there? Yes there are but you will pay more and in some cases much more. The best thing about owning a Tiffin is the service after the sale at their Red Bay service center. Their customer service is outstanding and they have this thing called good will repairs. During one of my visits the bill was just under 800.00 after a short visit with the folks in billing dept the actual bill was less than 10.00. I can highly recommend a Tiffin Allegro Bus for full timers such as me and the wife as it has the comfort, dependability, and quality we looked for in a RV. When you find yourself in Red Bay stop by the factory and take your he tour.
- Dave Derbort , Alabama

2019-10-25 2012 Tiffin Phaeton 40QBH View Listings

We have really enjoyed the motorhome! It is a comfortable ride, spacious and the layout is comfortable. Plenty of storage, in the kitchen, bedroom and bathrooms. Having a half bath in the middle is ideal for guests.
- Bernard Uffelman, Texas

2019-10-23 2019 Tiffin Wayfarer 25QW View Listings

Can park in your drive, any shopping center, TV on outside, stereo on outside. Easy to drive, very comfortable bed, you can walk from front to back inside with slides in. LED spots in ceiling. Very nice..we just don't travel..but this good for day trips or long distance. like having a bath (toillet) handy.
- Dan Hada, Texas

2019-10-14 2013 Tiffin Phaeton 40QBH View Listings

Gorgeous motorhome in pristine condition. Doesn't even looked lived in. Owners have taken excellent care of inside and basement areas. Generator starts quickly and is very quiet. It's on our short list!
- Kathy, Alabama

2019-10-13 2016 Tiffin Phaeton 44OH View Listings

This has been the BEST RV I've owned. The powerglide frame beats out the Freightliner. Lots of power,love the layout. Smooth riding with tag,easy to turn. Have gotten many many compliments. Color is fantastic.never run out of hot water. Many more features.
- Red Ashley , Texas

2019-10-08 2012 Tiffin Allegro RED 34QFA View Listings

We bought a 2012 Tiffin Allegro RED new in June of 2012 from a dealer in Ft. Lauderdale FL. In Oct. we made an appt. for light warranty work to be done in February 2013. When we arrived they didn't know who we were. They jerked us around for 4 days doing nothing but washing it 3 times. On the 4th day I was so upset that I left after telling them about my frustration and they could not have cared less!! We should have realized then that was just the beginning of a long journey. We had problem after problem both big & small,including having an $8400 repair to the DEF system after only 38000 miles and we even experienced the infamous "Tiffin Crack". But we persisted thinking that it would get better around the next corner, but that corner always seemed to be around the next corner. So after 7 years of this and multiple trips to Red Bay for repairs we decided that these were just expensive pieces of junk and we had enough and sold it. The MSRP on our rig was over $214,000! This industry and the people in it all treat you like you're just a dumb annoyance to them! So if it's your idea of a vacation driving your rig to Red Bay or some other repair shop...knock yourself out! You have been warned!!! Just one man's opinion.... P.S. Red Bay isn't all that easy to work with either!
- Alan, Massachusetts

2019-10-05 2005 Tiffin Phaeton 40QDH View Listings

Tiffin coaches are top-of-the line motorhomes. Their quality is above the rest and the customer service in Red Bay, AL is 5-star. Our coach is an older model and has held up superbly - indicative of Tiffin's quality reputation!
- Jenny Homan , Georgia

2019-10-02 2020 Tiffin Wayfarer 24TW View Listings

I have had many issues with this RV, sink not hooked up, no electric mirrors, air conditioner drain not hooked up, plus many more. Today I found out that the dash light error reading about a tail light out is due to the fact that the wiring harness connectors have not been seal so they shorted out . Mercedes will not cover this under warranty and recommend that the whole harness be replaced and all connections properly sealed, they said this is just the start of theses issues. Now back to the dealer who has done an outstanding job of fixing this coach.
- Steven Sershen, South Dakota

2019-09-30 2013 Tiffin Allegro Phaeton 40QBH View Listings

My friend and I had this RV and loved it. Had no trouble with the engine or driving. If u want to travel the country then this is the way to go. My friend dies this past March. The is the reason it’s being sold.
- Carolyn Conner, Louisiana

2019-09-27 2016 Tiffin Phaeton 42LH View Listings

Bought new Aug 2015. Tiffin top notch company in MH industry. Quality #1 in all workmanship. Excellent coach design, woodwork outstanding, good quality furnishings. Plenty of cabinet & closet storage. Bays easily accessible and water tight. Tag axle provides tremendous stability negotiating tight curves and competing with 18 wheelers on the highway. Love the 450 Cummins engine, plenty of torque to climb the steepest mountain. Great engine retarder helping slow on mountain descents. Love the smart steering wheel with cruise control and wiper controls. Most always drive with cruise on. Good mpg at 8.5 mi/gal towing. Used MH about 100 day’s per year. Made 4 nice long trips: out west to Glacier National Park, Canadian Rockies, and Pacific Coast. Up to Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island, Quebec, Montreal, Niagara Falls. Out west to Seattle by way of Branson, MO, Denver, Page, AZ, Crater Lake, OR, and return by northern states. Last trip was to Boston, Gettysburg, Washington, DC, Outer Banks. Rest of travel to nearby places in the southeast. Also weekend trips to Disneyworld w/ granddaughters. On two trips returned to Florida with a stop in Red Bay, AL where Tiffin makes their motorhomes. Factory tours are available. They do service work on their coaches at the best prices to be found and their expertise cannot be matched. The Tiffin family stands by their product! We had a 38’ Fleetwood Expedition before buying our Phaeton. Loved the first coach but the Phaeton has been an upgrade in all aspects. More solid quality coach, improved driveability, and terrific living quarters. Engine and all operational systems on the Phaeton have performed flawlessly. Some of the Phaeton features we love are: 1 1/2 bath, larger, full shower stall, all electric coach eliminating messing with propane, heated porcelain floors, dishwasher, surround sound, TV locations, fireplace, dual window shades w/ sun and night shades. More living space with 4 slide outs versus 3. Love the one bay that has the sliding tray for easier access to items. Electric reels for electric cord and white water hose makes setup and takedown much easier. Love the aqua hot heating system. Constant flow of hot water for showers. Silent forced air heating in cold night weather. Heat pumps on roof work fine but do make for more noise, just like when they run to cool the coach. We are sad to be leaving the RV travel lifestyle. Started in 2011. Now approaching 77 next spring, must recognize it is time to make an adjustment for our future travel using planes, hotels, and car rentals to get around. Gosh we have had so much fun getting to see God’s country....all 48 states, some many times plus locations in Canada. We have over 20,000 photos to relive our trips over the years to come. All the best travels to whomever takes ownership of our Phaeton. She will be missed!
- Tom Virag, Florida

2019-09-24 2005 Tiffin Allegro Open Road View Listings

I love this Coach. I am only selling it do to the fact I am now an amputee and it is not an easy task without great expense to retrofit for my access. This Coach has always been very reliable. Handles like a dream. Runs great and powerful. Interior is solid wood not paneling. Has a large kitchen area. Two slides and tons of storage inside and out.
- John Obermeyer, Oregon

2019-09-14 2016 Tiffin Phaeton 40AH View Listings

Very nice coach in quality and comfort. Very good condition, everything works great. Can be a turnkey coach for the right price, tow bar, Air Force One Auxiliary braking system for your tow vehicle, and tire monitoring system for all tires including towed. Lots of options all electric coach with aqua hot system. Heated floors, fireplace,dishwasher, washer and dryer, wall safe in closet. Four smart televisions, in motion satellite system.
- Tim Davidson , Florida

2019-09-10 2019 Tiffin Phaeton 40IH View Listings

Purchased our Tiffin Phaeton 40IH on 31 August 2019. Still sitting at the RV Country dealership two weeks later waiting to get repairs due. From day one the main awning would not work. Still waiting on parts. From day one front TV would turn on automatically any time. TV was replaced but that one was damaged during shipment so it didn’t work. Still waiting for replacement TV. The shower door guard at the bottom was damaged letting water seep onto the floor. This did get repaired. The Clear coat protection on the front was peeling off in two places. Dealership found someone to repair the clear coat. Found a couple of small bubbles in the repair. You would expect that an expensive motor coach would have been checked thoroughly before being turned over to the customer. Granted after all the paperwork was done I was notified of the deficiencies and told that they would be repaired. Still sitting here at the dealership waiting. Patience is a virtue but there is a limit that is quickly approaching.
- Hoyle Cook, Nevada

2019-09-08 2014 Tiffin Allegro Open Road 31SA View Listings

I totally loved this rv. I looked vigorously for a long time and wanted a luxury coach. I am constantly surprises each time I'm in my "discover you coach mode". This coach has every amenity and then Some. I am 77 and lost my travel partner is my only reason for selling.
- Robert Bren, Florida

2019-09-05 2012 Tiffin Allegro Open Road 34TGA View Listings

This is a great RV it's a much better quality than most. The quality of interior parts that they use compared to most is above average and a lot better than what I've seen around. The exterior is full body paint which is a big thing and looks great. It runs and handles great for the size and has plenty of interior space with the three slide outs.
- Roland, California

2019-09-05 2013 Tiffin Phaeton 42LH View Listings

This is our 5th motorhome We are also former 5th wheel owners, so you can see we know how to take care of our units. We recently went back to Red Bay Alabama and everything checked out. This unit has a built in dishwasher that my wife loves.
- Richard Wynd, Arizona

2019-09-04 2007 Tiffin Allegro Bus 42QRP View Listings

Great RV Like new condition. We travelled around the US and for 12 years went from Massachusetts to Naples Florida to our home state every October and back to Mass in May.
- John van Der Wal, Florida

2019-09-02 2006 Tiffin Allegro Bay 37QDB View Listings

It is Tiffin. The customer service and quality is self explanatory. It is easy to call Tiffin directly for any parts. I have called and gotten a Tiffin family member on the phone. It is hard to come close to that.
- Paul Lindenfeld , New Jersey

2019-08-31 2019 Tiffin Allegro Red 33AA View Listings

Just spent close to 1/2 Mil $ on a 33AA RED from TRAVELAND in West Kelowna BC.... quality control from factory is NON EXISTENT and the same goes for the dealership that released the vehicle the day after they received a BRAKES MOUNTING BOLTS RECALL... Below is a list that has come to light.... at the moment... From the outside: 1)Vehicle had a DOT brakes mounting bolts recall, it should never have been delivered or driven by the customer (ME) even though the dealer was aware of the recall the day before I picked up the bus! 2) Driver side day driving LED only 1/2 working 3) Roof had more Dicor spread all over it rather than protecting the various areas that had to be sealed from elements 4) Front door screen aluminum top part of frame completely chewed away because of bad hinge/stay design 5) Front door rubber flap protecting latch is ripped 6) I had to adjust majority of the latches of the external storage compartment doors as they rattled when you drive and found the inside covered with dust and grime as they did not sit tight against the door seals Inside: 1) Front windshield night screen rolls up all skewed as the roller blind is misaligned and the mounting screws have been cross-threaded 2) One of the lounge night screens has, what looks like, sewing machine holes in the middle of it...like the seamstress made a mistake and started sewing again in a different place. 3) The hob/stove paint peeling from the burner tops 4) Lounge wood trim above slide-out one side has brad nails visible in the wood mouldings with filler that does not match 5) In the bedroom part of the baseboard is split and looks like they tried to stick it back together with silicone but did not work 6) The cabinet above driver has screws missing from the internal panel so it flaps around, and it's not real wood ...it's thin ply covered with 'plastic peel and stick look like wood' 7) The other cabinet above passenger seat housing the Winegard router, same problem with internal panels that do not fit and are plastic peel & stick.... and the Router power supply was not even connected... I had to unscrew the cupboard panel where I found the power adapter just thrown in the front void above windshield 8) Driver side dash trim moulding screwed down crooked and does not fit the recess 9) Shower door, one side, did not slide smoothly, I had to remove it and found one of the rollers had been installed by a 'gorilla' 10) The fresh water gauge showed 'Full' when it was empty...dealer found the sensor had been wired ass-backward! The dealer is waiting for 'approval' from Tiffing to replace some of the items.... Prior to this Bus we had a 35Ft travel trailer that cost a fraction of the Allegro and it was perfect in all aspects...we had it for 10 years and never had any issues. Given the cost of the Allegro I would expect perfection to say the least. I will be giving the onboard washer and drier a test run one of these days...lets see what happens! So far this is what has come to light...and we have only had the bus 3 weeks!!! Watch this space....!!!
- Eric, British Columbia