Coachmen Apex Nano Reviews on RV Insider (10)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Coachmen Apex Nano RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Jackie from New Jersey says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2016 Coachmen Apex Nano 193BHS View Listings

Like New, great for long weekends or longer. Comfortable and easy to haul and set up. Roomy with slide out. Full bathroom and kitchen. Queen size bed and bunk beds. Great for families. TV and DVD player added. Used 4 times, Mint condition
- Jackie, New Jersey

2020-06-12 2020 Coachmen Apex Nano 208BHS View Listings

We love this RV! It’s our first and we have had not one problem. The floor plan is great for 2 of us, but when the kids come along they love the bunks. When they don’t we have them for extra storage space. It’s so easy to tow and we always have plenty of space at RV sites. Love the windows and the awning too!
- Ronda Tewell, Texas

2020-03-20 2017 Coachmen Apex Nano 191RBS View Listings

I bought this travel trailer brand new. First weekend camping, I realized one of the stabilizer jacks was bent, 3 water connections were leaking, the screen door latch broke and wall panels had to reattached. Pictures of the damage was sent to the dealer. I ended up fixing everything myself as the dealer wanted me to bring it to their service center which was an hour and a half away. The dealer refused to send replacement parts. Since that weekend I’ve repaired a leaking skylight and several other places on the roof. The bathroom faucet needed replacement. The tires were replaced after 12,000 miles because of ply separation. The entry door lock has been replaced due to the door shifting while traveling. I sealed up the holes around the pipes due to large gaps. I like the layout and storage of this camper, but the quality should be improved.
- Charlie D, New Hampshire

2020-02-20 2020 Coachmen Apex Nano 189RBS View Listings

I bought this model and had only owned it 6 days(in my Driveway) when it rained about an inch. I walked in the trailer and found water puddling by the right side of the slideout. I haven't even had a chance to open the slide yet let alone to go camping and this thing is leaking like crazy. If this is Coachman quality, its pathetic. It frustrating to buy a new 21 ft trailer with an msrp of almost $27,000 and it's leaking water big time.
- Jacj, Utah

2020-02-11 2017 Coachmen Apex Nano 189RBS View Listings

I fell in love with this little camper at first sight. Like most everything else that love has not lasted. The first thing was the Interstate Battery failed on a cross country trip to Colorado. We spent $400 dollars to figure out why the heater would not light, 3 hours later after trouble shooting they figure out the battery did not have enough power to support the heater. Interstate gave us a new battery. Then the cabinets started falling apart. My husband has had to put brads in ever single cabinet in the unit as the silly staples they used in manufacturing could not hold a child's toy together much less a camper going over the road.Then the shelf under the sink caved in, we still have not fixed that. Then the screws that hold the heater cover fell out as well as the screws that hold the microwave in. The latest and most concerning is the front wardrobe cabinets have water in them... we have not owned this unit even two years yet! Oh yea , we just had to replace both vent covers also, they literally fell apart in our hands... Won't buy one of these again.
- B Bodine, Pennsylvania

2019-09-26 2019 Coachmen Apex Nano 187RB View Listings

The DW and I really like and enjoy the floor plan and colors. The front window is awesome. Took possession of the 187rb on Monday September 23, 2019. Today is Thursday September 26th. During the Pre-Delivery Inspection that took us five hours to complete there were several items that needed attention. The dealer addressed all except one item, the door was hanging up, upon closing of the door it was rubbing into the striker plate. I took ownership of the trailer anyway, telling the selling dealer that I would address it myself. The dealer tried to address it but it was clear that the problem was a manufacturing flaw that the factory had attempted to solve, put a band aid on it and shipped it out. The items that were found and put on the punch list are the following; 1) two water leaks from the kitchen sink drain plumbing. A simple tighten up of fittings solved it. 2) water leak at the cold water low point drain fitting. A simple tighten up of fittings solved it. 3) water leak at outside shower where the hose connects to the faucet. A new gasket solved the leak. 4) two molding trim pieces missing. Dealer made and installed two pieces. 5) black tank vent pipe at ceiling-roof penetration was not sealed. Odors would have been sucked into the trailer. Foam sealant resolved it. 6) water leak at shower pan drain line. Although it was tested at the dealer and showed no indications of a leak when the shower was used that evening at the campground, the after shower inspection showed that the drain connection to the shower pan was leaking. It appears that a tightening of the fittings is all that is needed. I did not have the tools on hand to make the correction, I will follow up this posting as I make the corrections. That's why I listed the 4 star on Factory/warrant support rating.
- Richard in Milwaukee, WI, Wisconsin

2019-09-12 2019 Coachmen Apex Nano 187RB View Listings

The 2019 Apex Nano has a great floor plan , plenty of storage and light weight . The only problem is the air conditioner leaks into the cabin . My Dometic AC DRIPS into the RV and when it is shut down water dumps inside. The dealer had it for almost three weeks and said he could not find the problem .
- Butch Bowser, New Jersey

2019-09-07 2018 Coachmen Apex Nano 191RBS View Listings

I've wrote a previous reviews on my trailer. This is the latest on Forest River/Coachmen. The people who work in the parts room seem to think it OK to send someone parts that don't fit your trailer. I had problems with outriggers that are by the tires (both front and back of). I went over a abrupt bump on a cross street in the town where I live. When I went over the trailer bounced (it wasn't over weighted). When it bounced it caused the tires to catch and bend the outriggers. So I contacted the company because the dealership where I purchased it didn't seem to want to help me. The company said they could send me the replacements. In the mean time I contacted Lippert who makes the frame to let them know about the issue. They (Lippert) sends me four outriggers (totally rusty). So I contacted Forest River because I thought it was them who sent me this junk. They said no they didn't. The person I was emailing about this at Forest River said she would send me replacement (I needed four). Today I get a box from UPS and I open it. Inside there are three outriggers. One is the correct size and the other two are much larger in height. The length is OK but I needed four outriggers. I don't know what level of schooling these people who send the parts out have, but this junk that I have sitting by me is going to be like the last ones thrown away. This is why when January rolls around it is going to traded in for a different brand of trailer. No more of this stuff that every time you go camping and you hope and pray that nothing else will happen. I would NOT recommend this brand trailer to my neighbor.
- Robert Zink, Washington

2019-01-07 2018 Coachmen Apex Nano 213RDS View Listings

Great RV to haul with My Honda Pilot AWD. Can't even feel the trailer behind the Pilot while on the highway. Great floor plan and space for my grand kids when, not if they come along with us. Each boy has their own bed, light and outlet for their I-pads. Queen walk around bed is perfect for the wife and I. Love the mini camp kitchen outside. I can store my propane grill and utensils there and drinks for all in the mini fridge. lots of room under the 12 foot awning for an outdoor living room. Rv has great storage for all your camping needs. IN my case, comfortable chairs, side table, rug, lamp ETC..... Outlets for exterior TV and interior TV. Love this travel trailer!!!!!
- Robert Schilke, South Carolina

2018-04-17 2018 Coachmen Apex Nano 189RBS View Listings

i really love this rv ...it is perfect for me and my wife and if a grand kid comes along theres room ..... pros.... love the lay out easy to set up can leave slide in and still have plenty of room ..added awning over slide ... back splash ... electric tongue jack and daul propane tanks .. the steps i replaced with three steps which i like much better love the front window and full size fridge in the rear by door .tv mounted in corner of cabinet instead of wall for more support plus hides cables .. besides a few screws coming loose which i put back in with lock tight so far so good
- fred, New Jersey