Northwood Arctic Fox

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Northwood Arctic Fox RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Paige Whitworth from Arizona says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2017 Northwood Arctic Fox 27-5L View Listings

4 months after having our unit we had issues with cooling off the inside. Outside temp 109, inside 101. assumed it was due to being to hot. Found out there was no insulation around refrigerator or in the cap so heated air was blowing in from the outside from out vanity bedroom drawers. The AC was also not installed completely causing the cold air to reverse and froze out AC unit. In trying to figure out what we thought we were doing wrong I called the dealership in Mesa, AZ who, after this ordeal that took over 8 months to figure out, has a better business rating of "F", they told me to, and this is literally, "Suck it up". I called Northwood and they would not help us where we were that had an onsite service center and stated that if we had any work done, they would not cover it. We ended up, at the start, sitting for 7 hours in our running truck with our dogs due to the high heat, had to buy an apartment window AC unit just to try and cool off the bed so we could drive the next morning, and buy a box fan to try and keep the flow of air circulating. At this time we didn't know the issues but frustrating none the less. We also had issues with drawer bottoms falling out with light load, screws constantly coming lose on drawer handles, the bedroom drawer constantly coming off the track, and the shower was leaking which was caused by poor installation and had to be reset and resealed. Northwood did cover the items when we got it back but as for helping on the road, they were of no help nor would they reimburse despite the fact that these issues were not our doing and the unit came from the factory that way.
- Paige Whitworth, Arizona

2021-06-11 2006 Northwood Arctic Fox 990 Wet Bath View Listings

I’ve had many RV’s and the Arctic Fox is the best built one I’ve had. I really like the insulation properties. I’ve had it in 10 below in the winter and 120 in the summer and was always fine and comfortable.
- Tim Michaels, Nevada

2021-06-08 2019 Northwood Arctic Fox 25W View Listings

So I bought this trailer in Dec 2019...I have 3 main issues:..#1.this isn't an all weather trailer without some important modification s...the black and grey tanks don't come with heated tanks...unless you order from the factory..tanks have to be removed to install the heat tape....#2..the lower end refrigerator by Norcold shuts down in very cold or hot weather..(now i inow why only a 1 year warranty)...they don't tell you that in the manuals but the engineers know it..its a big problem if you use your trailer alot....temps above 90° or below 30° you will have problems.. freezing spots in the refrigerator part or temps above 40° to no refrigeration at all...#3... you cannot dry camp more than 3 days because the batteries won't make it....the refrigerator won't work or the propane heater won't operate without 12volts...so you need to leave your vehicle connected to recharge your trailer batteries or buy a generator...this model doesn't come with one on board..not an option..(big mistake).. you will need solar power or both. The malfunctioning refrigerator is the most frustrating... moving food in and out of it while camping... major pain-in-the-ass...So to sum it up this trailer isn't an all-weather trailer as advertised without serious add-ons...I don't know what to do about the refrigerator...is barely over one year old.
- Mark S Dirstine, Montana

2021-06-03 2013 Northwood Arctic Fox 27-5L Silver Fox View Listings

Excellent quality and design. Very good floor plan. Easy to tow, easy to hitch to and set up. Fit and finish is very good. Suspension and frame are top notch. A lot of storage space. Quality exterior, stylish interior
- Randy, Idaho

2021-05-16 2015 Northwood Arctic Fox 295T View Listings

This is our second Arctic Fox 5th wheel, and definitelywon'tbe our last. Fit and finish is clean and tight.. There were no warranty issues like other nightmare trailers we have owned.. The quality is second to none!
- Robert Florian, Michigan

2021-04-06 2015 Northwood Arctic Fox 25Y View Listings

This is my favorite Rv Trailer. I did consumer reports before I purchased 2015 Northwood Artic Fox 25y brand new.So much storgage inside and just cozy and comfortable for traveling. I would recommend any Artic Fox.
- Julie Bowen, Washington

2021-03-29 2015 Northwood Arctic Fox 25Y View Listings

Bought the Artic Fox 25y at the Seattle RV show. We have traveled cross country have done the Oregon coast and the Arizona desert. We pulled the trailer with a Ford F350 SD with the 6.7L diesel engine and the trailer was wonderful to tow, easy to set up, has plenty of storage and very comfortable to live in. We love the layout and especially the separate toilet room. We would highly recommend Artic Fox as the quality is excellent.
- John Bowen, Washington

2021-02-06 2018 Northwood Arctic Fox 25R View Listings

Bought it new. Full timers. Came with every option including generator. Had a significant list of squawks. Frame was rusting. Drawers needed repairing. Other little stuff that I took care of. I was impressed by the frame strength -- very good. I have been doing many upgrades. We removed the short wall at the foot of the bed. Stupid design. We treated and repainted frame with Por 15 products.(lots of work). I added 7 inches of isopoly insulation boards under front half of trailer in large empty spaces. (R40 anyone?) Upgraded to Moryde IS with disc brakes. (They are the best.) Later found water freezing up at 20 degrees F. There was about 15 feet of un-insulated vinyl hose from fresh water tank to pump. Duhh. That was freezing up. Put heat tape on it. Then insulated the heck out of it. Removed back half coplast underbelly, installed extra Ultra Heat pads on tanks and dump valves. Added lot's of pink insulation everywhere and closed it up with 2 to 4 inches of isopoly insulation boards under tanks and enclosed full underbelly. Used eternabond to seal everything up. Painted it with black enamel. Put lots of insulation behind from headboard of bed. Was very cold area lacking much insulation. Plastic film over the dual pane windows. Door blanket over door. Solar, large screen TV and satellite too. 600 ah Lithium battery bank, inverter, b to b charger. Anyway, this is now the warmest, tightest, most comfortable trailer i have every owned. I do not skirt it because we travel a lot. It is 6 degrees as i write this. 80 degrees inside trailer. (We have spent most of our lives in the tropics and like it very warm.) One small electric space heater and one dehumidifier keeping it nice and warm and dry. At this temp of 6, once every two hours or so, the lp furnace will cycle for just a few minutes. Above 10 degrees no lp furnace needed at all. Attention to detail, added lots of insulation, and a good design to start with. I think (guess) this trailer is good to 30 below now. I will test it to -12 F below in two nights. It tows like a dream. Have pulled it is 50 MPH crosswinds with F250 -- no problem, no sway. Coated outside with nano ceramic coating. Bugs don't stick. Have boondocks for three weeks at a time in it. (Tank size sets the outside limit without blueboy and water bladder backup.) Can access everything with slide in. Great for rest area naps. It is a heavy trailer. Well built but they could put more attention to details. Overall, I won't trade this trailer for anything I else I have seen. With my many mods, it is my castle on wheels and I love it. Would not trade it for Airstream or any other trailer that is 27 feet. Took some work, and some money, but I think this unit now is the best. It is NOT for sale!
- wertz, Illinois

2021-01-25 2019 Northwood Arctic Fox 990 View Listings

Previously had an older Skyline Weekender camper that was getting to old to fix. Frame issues, leaks etc. So I started looking at another used rig but didn't find anything that was exactly what I wanted. I then started seriously looking at most of the top brands new models and narrowed it down to four different manufacturers. Northern Lite, Bigfoot, Adventurer, and Arctic Fox. So I sent out some exploratory e-mails to a few different RV dealers to see what was available. That same evening , I think a Sunday no less I received a response from the GM at Apache Camping Center in Portland and he said that he had all four of my choices on his lot available to view side by side. This was May of 2018. A week later the wife and I flew up from San Diego and had an appointment for the following morning. So we show up the next day and meet with the GM and discuss what were looking for and he assigned one of their knowledge salesmen to walk us through the different campers and would answer any questions we had. Wasn't sure about a slide-out or not but was open to the idea. Looking at the Adventurer it looked nice but it had a slide-out on the drivers side and that was a deal breaker. Wouldn't be able to park on side of street and extend side as it would be in into traffic, Strike 1. Looked at a Bigfoot they had and it was nice but the facing dinette was small on one side so no way four people could sit side by side, Strike 2. Next up was the Northern lite and they had a couple different models. No slide which was ok and I liked the back porch area and the fit and finish was top notch but I didn't care for the large windows or the way they functioned. Not my cup of tea. So strike 3. Last but not least was the Arctic fox models 811,865, and the 990. Unfortunately the wife and I went into the 990 first and that was all she rote. With the slide out extended and the arched ceiling there was so much more room inside it wasn't funny. The dinette seats were large and the same sizes. The windows (double pane) were tinted and functioned like I wanted. The skylights were a bonus in the main salon and bathroom. But one of the biggest option it had that was available was ordering just the 3 burner stove top and having 2 large drawers below where the oven would of been to store all the cooking pots pans etc. Decided on the Convection / Microwave combo and a few other items and went inside to make the deal. So after deciding on everything we wanted and being told it would be ready for pick-up in 5 weeks we left a deposit to start the build and agreed to come back when it was ready. About 5 weeks exactly the wife and I drove up to pick it up ( took two days) and showed up when they opened and spent a bit of time inspecting to make sure all was ok and then went in to sign papers and pay the remaining balance and then went outside and loaded up on my truck. Luckily the truck was already set up with Forklift tie-downs, Front and Rear BR Sway bars, Airlift 5000 airbags and 1 ton rear springs and this is on a 2004 Ford F250 supercab. It took us 4 days to get back home taking our time and seeing some friends along the way. This past year I sold the 04' F250 and got a 19' F350 CCSRW with all the same mods that my 3/4t had and couldn't be happier. Been down to Baja a number of times as well as AZ, NM and all around Cali. Purchased a 2000k propane/gas generator that fits in the Gen storage area ( cost $600 instead of 4k from the dealer ) and added 510w of solar on the roof this thing is pretty self sufficient when going off grid. Was planning to do the Pacific Northwest this past year but that got nixed. Hopefully this year will be better. LOVE THE CAMPER and the dealer was great and we got a great deal. Only issue I have had was the check valve in the fresh water pump was sticking so Northwood sent me a new one for free and I installed it took all of an hour. Fixed the check valve and now have a spare.
- Mike Green, California

2020-12-22 2019 Northwood Arctic Fox 29-5K View Listings

We bought a 2020 Unit to find out that they upgraded some things so they could sell it as a 2020. We did not want the massage recliners, the specs said trifold couch so it only sleeps 2 people now. The other recliners are junk, the back is broke in half one one of them. 3 days after we bought it the power board for the refrigerator broke so it only works one 115 volts now and not on gas. I talked to the warranty people and was told it’s a norcold problem and they don’t warranty individual appliances. I talk to norcold and got the big runaround, still no gas operation and can’t get them to talk to the RV people in town to get it fixed. Day 1 we stopped to eat and the fan blades and screws were on the floor. We had to buy a fold out couch and not sure what to do about the broken recliner. We asked for the optional A/C and was told sorry there are non available. They installed a horrible magnifying mirror in the bathroom as a rip off upgrade, it went in the trash. We did not get what the original specification sheet said was in it and feel very ripped off. I found 20 stripped cabinet screws and had to epoxy them in the holes. The tv in the living room flops around and if you don’t hold it back against while putting the slide out it will catch and rip the tv out of the wall and destroy the trim on the slide out. We talked to the dealer where we bought it and got no response except to call whoever made the furniture and appliances to get warranty. This is so far been impossible to achieve as no one backs their products. We don’t know what to do or how to get satisfaction for a badly engineered and subpar furniture and appliances. I had to move the shower head assembly from the middle of the stall and put it on the corner so the water actually hits you now. They installed it above the seat that’s to small to sit on and it was impossible to take a shower the way it was made. The company needs to fire all their engineers and find better vendors for appliances and if someone would help us it would be nice. In my opinion no one should purchase a Northwood made RV and we are out $60,000 for this piece of junk. Maybe someone at the company will read this and make amends but we don’t think this will happen because we just get the runaround from everyone.
- Russell Larsen, New Mexico

2020-12-06 2018 Northwood Arctic Fox 25R View Listings

4.0 quality throughout. Can use this 25R without extending the slide out while in transit allowing use of the bathroom and refrigerator without any inconvenience The insulation Northwood installs prevents the AC from running continually when the outside temperature in very hot Have not used it in the winter however the undercarriage is heated and is a true 4 season RV
- Roger Stenzel, Montana

2020-11-11 2018 Northwood Arctic Fox 1140 View Listings

I've owned two other truck campers from Lance and this beats both of them hands down. Livability in the AF 1140 can't be beat. We're a family of four with an 80 lb golden retriever and there is plenty of room for all of us. Holding tanks and fresh water are plenty for a week stay.
- Gregory, Virginia

2020-11-03 2020 Northwood Arctic Fox 811 View Listings

Bought a 2020 811 truck camper based on what I’d heard and read about the Arctic Fox brand of RV’s. My brother also owned a 2012 version of the same camper and had nothing but good things to say. Oh how times change. I’ve had multiple problems with my 811 and thus far my experiences with Northwood customer service have been less than stellar. They have either referred me to an appliance manufacturer for resolution of a problem, or completely neglected to get back to me, or have not followed through with commitments made over the phone. The problems: Fridge runs constantly on gas or electric; a large loom of wires was draped unsupported over a water supply hose coming out of the pressure-demand pump, and the dynamic loading from traveling weakened the fitting. The fitting broke while the pump was switched on but no water was flowing, and the release of pressure caused the pump to kick on and water poured out of the broken fitting and into the basement. The dining room table trim is falling off from the perimeter of the table, and the weather sealing throughout is horrible. Opening the hampers on either side of the bed in cold weather is like opening a walk-in freezer, and donning clothes that were stored in them is seemingly like putting on clothes that were stored in an igloo. Using the USB ports on either side of the bed results in the ports annunciations a high-pitched whine that is nearly impossible to sleep through. Insulation of various exterior compartments is almost non-existent, even though this unit is advertised as a “4-season” RV. Sealing of the rear exterior compartments is ineffective, causing water and dirt to accumulate inside them. Compartment doors and hinges are so flimsy that they sag badly when opened, and locks are cheap. Considering the price charged for this camper none of these problems should exist. Northwood charges a premium for their offerings, although given the current trend of inferior materials and workmanship quality they won’t be doing that for long. I foresee them losing significant market share as a result of their profit-only business strategy, whilst neglecting quality workmanship and materials. It’s evident that even the (historically) better manufacturers have elected to provide hugely inferior products and workmanship in the interests of cost reduction, while maintaining high retail pricing to maximize earnings. I had initially planned on stepping up to an AF 5th wheel eventually, but I won’t be spending another penny on another AF unless they undertake a major turnaround over the next few years.
- Tom, Washington

2020-10-25 2019 Northwood Arctic Fox 27-5L View Listings

I've had this RV for a year and it has been solid! Great insulation and no problems with the build. I've been shocked to hear the horror stories from my friends about the problems they've had with their rigs from other manufacturers. I'm so glad that I made the choice to buy from Northwood, nothing but great things to say!
- Lisa, California

2020-10-14 2020 Northwood Arctic Fox 25W View Listings

Recently purchased a new 2020 25W from Kelly RV in Milton PA. I'm a first time trailer owner. First, The team at Kelly did a super job prepping the rig on the day of pickup. All the "options" and Reese Wt distributing hitch ready to go after they provided a very thorough walk-through and operations. Great Sales and service group! Now for the trailer: I took it on an 800mi maiden voyage up to northern NY for a week of Steelhead/salmon fishing. Being a novice at big-box tow (F250 6.7 T powerstroke) it took a bit of white-knuckling for the first hour or so, but ya necessarily pick it up quickly. To an experienced big-box puller, this has got to be easy stuff. Pulled into my friend's property, leveled and set up boondocked. No popped screws or sawdust anywhere in the trailer! Days were low 50's (at best) night's were high 30s. The trailer was warm and cozy the entire time, even through a full day of 45mph winds with sideways rain/sleet (not a good fishing day). All the services worked perfectly. It used only a fraction of the LP in one tank for the entire week (thermostat at 65 at night). Had 2 Optima Blue batteries and 170W solar added as options, never ran out of juice even thru a 36H period with no/little sunlight. Recharged back to full by late morning... amazing. Fresh water tank (shower every day etc) had 1/3 left, grey(s) and black were at 1/3 full. and the heated/massaging recliners are a godsend after a day walking a big river. Bottom line - the AF25W is very comfortable, well equipped and frankly, just easy to get comfortable with. So to a first-timer, on his first solo boondock voyage, the trailer is fantastic. I'll do another review after a few more trips.
- John M, Pennsylvania

2020-09-07 2019 Northwood Arctic Fox 27-5L View Listings

My wife and I decided to downsize last fall from a 33' 5th wheel to this 27' rig. The skylight placement and windows provide more daylight than our last 5th wheel. The galley has lots of room to move around with plenty of cupboard space and a huge pantry. A Solar Panel monitor keeps batteries charged up. The only drawback for us is the closet space; but hey, we decided to downsize and this is the only drawback we have.
- Bob Andrews, Minnesota

2020-08-21 2020 Northwood Arctic Fox 25Y View Listings

Excellent and reliable, suspension is safe and easy to tow, fully insulated as it is a true FOUR SEASONS RV. Upgraded ac keeps RV cool on hottest days, all wood cabinets, plenty of storage, large refrigerator & freezer with stove which all operates on propane or electric.
- James Bullock, Texas

2020-08-04 2010 Northwood Arctic Fox 25R View Listings

This trailer is amazingly insulated in hot and cold weather. When getting ready to take it out it's parked at my house I want to sleep in it. It's been an amazing get away. If camping in a crowded area this trailer blocks noise. It has an amazing amount of storage and the granite we added adds so much to my vacation home on wheels.
- Ernie, Washington

2020-08-01 2013 Northwood Arctic Fox 25Y View Listings

Best RV I have ever owned. No problems at all. Excellent floor plan, very high build quality. Wrap around rear windows combined with open floor plan gives a relaxed feel to living in the trailer. Very well insulated against both heat and cold. Hard to beat for a family travel trailer.
- Dan Dieringer, Washington

2020-07-30 2012 Northwood Arctic Fox 992 View Listings

D & D RV Center 2300 East Missoula Ave Helena, Montana 59601 Manager: A year ago, while camping in Montana, we noticed a bearing/nut from underneath our camper slide. It was just lying on the camper floor. Since we had purchased the Artic Fox camper from you – we took pictures of the bearing/nut assembly, sent them to you, and asked for advice. You said you were busy - about 4 weeks out for service - not to use the camper slide and make an appointment for repair. Since we do not live in the area; about 1,000 miles away, we asked about this summer. You said call 4-6 weeks prior to coming out and make an appointment for repair. This past June, I called for an appointment. I could not speak to the Service Manager, Dan, as he was out but to send pictures to D & D with attention to Dan. The appointment was made for July 28 at 8:00 a.m. We were at your business before 8:00 on the 28th, were checked in. At 11:30 I received a text from a service person saying that not only one roller bearing was out but 3 of the 4 were out and what would I like to do. After calling and asking for an estimate of time to fix, I received another text at noon saying I would need to schedule an appointment and the earliest date was August 24. A huge disappointment. This is what we were trying to avoid. The pre-scheduling that we did, the pictures of the problem, and letting you know what to expect was to avoid another diagnosis of the roller bearing problem. It was to get it fixed! You charged me for 2 ½ hours of shop time ($297), as well as wasting our time, to tell me what you originally said – the slide needed to be pulled out to get at the roller bearings. We do not live in the area. We purchased the camper from you because you (Helena) and Billings are the farthest east Artic Fox campers are sold. We are happy with the camper but disappointed in your service. A selling point was made at the time of the purchase of your #1 service. An option of leaving the camper with you – again we live about 1,000 miles away – is not an option. Another option of trying to schedule an appointment for next summer during a camping trip to get the repair done; will not happen either. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. We will explore the Billings dealership. Maybe the question I should ask is, “What should I have done differently to make this work?” Maybe the question you should ask is, “What could D & D have done differently to make this work?” Steve Anderson
- Steve Anderson, South Dakota

2020-07-28 2017 Northwood Arctic Fox 25Y View Listings

Our first time out with our new rig the shower door completely fell off. The whole bedroom rug flooded. Driving back in PDX traffic the slide out started coming out. When we called they couldn’t take it in for 2 weeks and asked me to pull the carpet out and put some space heaters in to dry the wood. I did that. They took it in and tightened up the pull out and replaced the carpet and said all leaks were fixed. Never told me where it came from but fine. Second time out, what to my surprise I’m sitting at the table and all of a sudden water is coming from underneath all the kitchen cabinets! I just had the pos in to be fixed! So I do some looking and the water lines to the kitchen sink were both leaking! I left a nice little comment on Apache RV in Portland if you’d like to see what I had to say! So I went to a 25y forum only to find out what a POS this model is! Since then so many things have happened it’s unbelievable. Awning lights worked only one time, black tank is all messed up. Had to replace hitch riser, rivets have popped out everywhere, just waiting for a wall to fall in on us. Air, fan and heat have all gone out on us. I had a 35 foot Outback before this and I kick myself every time I think about why I turned it in for this POS. Finally spoke to a man about his 25y and he helped a lot. All he said was “learn to fix everything yourself” saves a lot of stress and heart ache. No more warrantee (which never kicked in) so it saves to fix myself. I don’t know yet what to do about the black tank but I’ll learn! If you are reading this, never buy a Northwood product. All you get from them is angry ol men on the phone!!!
- Martin Bear, Washington

2020-07-17 2014 Northwood Arctic Fox 27T View Listings

Bought this rear livingroom unit used but in immaculate condition. So comfortable, great for older couple. Changed out stairs for new Solidsteps. Have used several times now for a week or 2 at a time. Pull w/3/4 ton pickup. Table and chairs, no booth. Shifted table around to accommodate XL dog crate and lab dog - no problem. Love it!
- Lynne Cross, Washington

2020-07-15 2018 Northwood Arctic Fox 22G View Listings

Purchased the unit new in late 2017. Within 1 1/2 years (just outside the 1 year warranty) the corner jacks failed, the water heater failed, the microwave failed, the shower leaked, the furnace worked sporadically, the range vent failed, the phone bedside phone charger failed, and the heating pad burned a hole in the fresh water tank. Most problems due to faulty wiring at the manufacturer as per the repair technician. The tank heater switches were not labeled and did not illuminate when turned on so there was no way to know if they were on or off, had to have the tech rewire and label. The switches were unprotected in the cabinet so moving objects underway could hit them and turn them on and off randomly, I had to make my own cover. I called Northwood about this, the CSR said "WHEN YOU TURN THEM ON, YOU"LL KNOW THEY'RE ON!!!" Brilliant. That and that the 1 year warranty had expired. I would NEVER buy from Northwood again, shoddy manufacturing and they do not stand by their product.
- Gary Wood, Michigan

2020-06-17 2019 Northwood Arctic Fox 1140 Dry Bath View Listings

We love our 1140. Previously owned a Northwood product so we knew the quality. Looked at Host and Lance but the construction and fit, finish didn't compare. Specifically wanted a dry bath, we are in our unit 6 months of the year. Quality construction equals alot of weight, dually only. Only knock is dinette, can't somebody come up with a comfortable seating arrangement?
- Rory Cox, Washington

2020-06-05 2020 Northwood Arctic Fox 28-5C View Listings

Traded in our 2016 27-5L for the newer, larger 28-5C, and have been very happy with the decision. Appreciating the quality build of the first Arctic Fox, we decided to stay with Northwoods Manufacturing. We are fulltime Rvers, and the larger 28-5C is proving to be perfect for us. It has the same bath and bedroom as the smaller 27-5L, with the increase in size devoted to the living area. The galley kitchen, with island, large pantry and coffee bar area is very user friendly. The couch faces the TV (why does it not in SO many rvs??)...and the bench seating and table gives the two of us ample room for our laptops, phones, coffee cups, etc. The added fireplace is great for quick heating on chilly mornings, or for ambience in the evening. We have had one major issue, with the living room slide, and the factory was instrumental in getting it repaired quickly. They were on the phone with our local repair shop, and the problem was resolved quickly and easily. We paid the bill and received a check from Northwoods (it was under warranty) for reimbursement within a week or so. No complaint there! I would have really liked central vac, but it is no longer an option. All in all, we are more than happy with our Arctic Fox and will remain a devoted customer.
- Kevin Pelletier, New York