Northwood Arctic Fox Reviews on RV Insider (72)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Northwood Arctic Fox RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Paige Whitworth from Arizona says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2017 Northwood Arctic Fox 27-5L View Listings

4 months after having our unit we had issues with cooling off the inside. Outside temp 109, inside 101. assumed it was due to being to hot. Found out there was no insulation around refrigerator or in the cap so heated air was blowing in from the outside from out vanity bedroom drawers. The AC was also not installed completely causing the cold air to reverse and froze out AC unit. In trying to figure out what we thought we were doing wrong I called the dealership in Mesa, AZ who, after this ordeal that took over 8 months to figure out, has a better business rating of "F", they told me to, and this is literally, "Suck it up". I called Northwood and they would not help us where we were that had an onsite service center and stated that if we had any work done, they would not cover it. We ended up, at the start, sitting for 7 hours in our running truck with our dogs due to the high heat, had to buy an apartment window AC unit just to try and cool off the bed so we could drive the next morning, and buy a box fan to try and keep the flow of air circulating. At this time we didn't know the issues but frustrating none the less. We also had issues with drawer bottoms falling out with light load, screws constantly coming lose on drawer handles, the bedroom drawer constantly coming off the track, and the shower was leaking which was caused by poor installation and had to be reset and resealed. Northwood did cover the items when we got it back but as for helping on the road, they were of no help nor would they reimburse despite the fact that these issues were not our doing and the unit came from the factory that way.
- Paige Whitworth, Arizona

2020-10-25 2019 Northwood Arctic Fox 27-5L View Listings

I've had this RV for a year and it has been solid! Great insulation and no problems with the build. I've been shocked to hear the horror stories from my friends about the problems they've had with their rigs from other manufacturers. I'm so glad that I made the choice to buy from Northwood, nothing but great things to say!
- Lisa, California

2020-10-14 2020 Northwood Arctic Fox 25W View Listings

Recently purchased a new 2020 25W from Kelly RV in Milton PA. I'm a first time trailer owner. First, The team at Kelly did a super job prepping the rig on the day of pickup. All the "options" and Reese Wt distributing hitch ready to go after they provided a very thorough walk-through and operations. Great Sales and service group! Now for the trailer: I took it on an 800mi maiden voyage up to northern NY for a week of Steelhead/salmon fishing. Being a novice at big-box tow (F250 6.7 T powerstroke) it took a bit of white-knuckling for the first hour or so, but ya necessarily pick it up quickly. To an experienced big-box puller, this has got to be easy stuff. Pulled into my friend's property, leveled and set up boondocked. No popped screws or sawdust anywhere in the trailer! Days were low 50's (at best) night's were high 30s. The trailer was warm and cozy the entire time, even through a full day of 45mph winds with sideways rain/sleet (not a good fishing day). All the services worked perfectly. It used only a fraction of the LP in one tank for the entire week (thermostat at 65 at night). Had 2 Optima Blue batteries and 170W solar added as options, never ran out of juice even thru a 36H period with no/little sunlight. Recharged back to full by late morning... amazing. Fresh water tank (shower every day etc) had 1/3 left, grey(s) and black were at 1/3 full. and the heated/massaging recliners are a godsend after a day walking a big river. Bottom line - the AF25W is very comfortable, well equipped and frankly, just easy to get comfortable with. So to a first-timer, on his first solo boondock voyage, the trailer is fantastic. I'll do another review after a few more trips.
- John M, Pennsylvania

2020-09-07 2019 Northwood Arctic Fox 27-5L View Listings

My wife and I decided to downsize last fall from a 33' 5th wheel to this 27' rig. The skylight placement and windows provide more daylight than our last 5th wheel. The galley has lots of room to move around with plenty of cupboard space and a huge pantry. A Solar Panel monitor keeps batteries charged up. The only drawback for us is the closet space; but hey, we decided to downsize and this is the only drawback we have.
- Bob Andrews, Minnesota

2020-08-21 2020 Northwood Arctic Fox 25Y View Listings

Excellent and reliable, suspension is safe and easy to tow, fully insulated as it is a true FOUR SEASONS RV. Upgraded ac keeps RV cool on hottest days, all wood cabinets, plenty of storage, large refrigerator & freezer with stove which all operates on propane or electric.
- James Bullock, Texas

2020-08-04 2010 Northwood Arctic Fox 25R View Listings

This trailer is amazingly insulated in hot and cold weather. When getting ready to take it out it's parked at my house I want to sleep in it. It's been an amazing get away. If camping in a crowded area this trailer blocks noise. It has an amazing amount of storage and the granite we added adds so much to my vacation home on wheels.
- Ernie, Washington

2020-08-01 2013 Northwood Arctic Fox 25Y View Listings

Best RV I have ever owned. No problems at all. Excellent floor plan, very high build quality. Wrap around rear windows combined with open floor plan gives a relaxed feel to living in the trailer. Very well insulated against both heat and cold. Hard to beat for a family travel trailer.
- Dan Dieringer, Washington

2020-07-30 2012 Northwood Arctic Fox 992 View Listings

D & D RV Center 2300 East Missoula Ave Helena, Montana 59601 Manager: A year ago, while camping in Montana, we noticed a bearing/nut from underneath our camper slide. It was just lying on the camper floor. Since we had purchased the Artic Fox camper from you – we took pictures of the bearing/nut assembly, sent them to you, and asked for advice. You said you were busy - about 4 weeks out for service - not to use the camper slide and make an appointment for repair. Since we do not live in the area; about 1,000 miles away, we asked about this summer. You said call 4-6 weeks prior to coming out and make an appointment for repair. This past June, I called for an appointment. I could not speak to the Service Manager, Dan, as he was out but to send pictures to D & D with attention to Dan. The appointment was made for July 28 at 8:00 a.m. We were at your business before 8:00 on the 28th, were checked in. At 11:30 I received a text from a service person saying that not only one roller bearing was out but 3 of the 4 were out and what would I like to do. After calling and asking for an estimate of time to fix, I received another text at noon saying I would need to schedule an appointment and the earliest date was August 24. A huge disappointment. This is what we were trying to avoid. The pre-scheduling that we did, the pictures of the problem, and letting you know what to expect was to avoid another diagnosis of the roller bearing problem. It was to get it fixed! You charged me for 2 ½ hours of shop time ($297), as well as wasting our time, to tell me what you originally said – the slide needed to be pulled out to get at the roller bearings. We do not live in the area. We purchased the camper from you because you (Helena) and Billings are the farthest east Artic Fox campers are sold. We are happy with the camper but disappointed in your service. A selling point was made at the time of the purchase of your #1 service. An option of leaving the camper with you – again we live about 1,000 miles away – is not an option. Another option of trying to schedule an appointment for next summer during a camping trip to get the repair done; will not happen either. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. We will explore the Billings dealership. Maybe the question I should ask is, “What should I have done differently to make this work?” Maybe the question you should ask is, “What could D & D have done differently to make this work?” Steve Anderson
- Steve Anderson, South Dakota

2020-07-28 2017 Northwood Arctic Fox 25Y View Listings

Our first time out with our new rig the shower door completely fell off. The whole bedroom rug flooded. Driving back in PDX traffic the slide out started coming out. When we called they couldn’t take it in for 2 weeks and asked me to pull the carpet out and put some space heaters in to dry the wood. I did that. They took it in and tightened up the pull out and replaced the carpet and said all leaks were fixed. Never told me where it came from but fine. Second time out, what to my surprise I’m sitting at the table and all of a sudden water is coming from underneath all the kitchen cabinets! I just had the pos in to be fixed! So I do some looking and the water lines to the kitchen sink were both leaking! I left a nice little comment on Apache RV in Portland if you’d like to see what I had to say! So I went to a 25y forum only to find out what a POS this model is! Since then so many things have happened it’s unbelievable. Awning lights worked only one time, black tank is all messed up. Had to replace hitch riser, rivets have popped out everywhere, just waiting for a wall to fall in on us. Air, fan and heat have all gone out on us. I had a 35 foot Outback before this and I kick myself every time I think about why I turned it in for this POS. Finally spoke to a man about his 25y and he helped a lot. All he said was “learn to fix everything yourself” saves a lot of stress and heart ache. No more warrantee (which never kicked in) so it saves to fix myself. I don’t know yet what to do about the black tank but I’ll learn! If you are reading this, never buy a Northwood product. All you get from them is angry ol men on the phone!!!
- Martin Bear, Washington

2020-07-17 2014 Northwood Arctic Fox 27T View Listings

Bought this rear livingroom unit used but in immaculate condition. So comfortable, great for older couple. Changed out stairs for new Solidsteps. Have used several times now for a week or 2 at a time. Pull w/3/4 ton pickup. Table and chairs, no booth. Shifted table around to accommodate XL dog crate and lab dog - no problem. Love it!
- Lynne Cross, Washington

2020-07-15 2018 Northwood Arctic Fox 22G View Listings

Purchased the unit new in late 2017. Within 1 1/2 years (just outside the 1 year warranty) the corner jacks failed, the water heater failed, the microwave failed, the shower leaked, the furnace worked sporadically, the range vent failed, the phone bedside phone charger failed, and the heating pad burned a hole in the fresh water tank. Most problems due to faulty wiring at the manufacturer as per the repair technician. The tank heater switches were not labeled and did not illuminate when turned on so there was no way to know if they were on or off, had to have the tech rewire and label. The switches were unprotected in the cabinet so moving objects underway could hit them and turn them on and off randomly, I had to make my own cover. I called Northwood about this, the CSR said "WHEN YOU TURN THEM ON, YOU"LL KNOW THEY'RE ON!!!" Brilliant. That and that the 1 year warranty had expired. I would NEVER buy from Northwood again, shoddy manufacturing and they do not stand by their product.
- Gary Wood, Michigan

2020-06-17 2019 Northwood Arctic Fox 1140 Dry Bath View Listings

We love our 1140. Previously owned a Northwood product so we knew the quality. Looked at Host and Lance but the construction and fit, finish didn't compare. Specifically wanted a dry bath, we are in our unit 6 months of the year. Quality construction equals alot of weight, dually only. Only knock is dinette, can't somebody come up with a comfortable seating arrangement?
- Rory Cox, Washington

2020-06-05 2020 Northwood Arctic Fox 28-5C View Listings

Traded in our 2016 27-5L for the newer, larger 28-5C, and have been very happy with the decision. Appreciating the quality build of the first Arctic Fox, we decided to stay with Northwoods Manufacturing. We are fulltime Rvers, and the larger 28-5C is proving to be perfect for us. It has the same bath and bedroom as the smaller 27-5L, with the increase in size devoted to the living area. The galley kitchen, with island, large pantry and coffee bar area is very user friendly. The couch faces the TV (why does it not in SO many rvs??)...and the bench seating and table gives the two of us ample room for our laptops, phones, coffee cups, etc. The added fireplace is great for quick heating on chilly mornings, or for ambience in the evening. We have had one major issue, with the living room slide, and the factory was instrumental in getting it repaired quickly. They were on the phone with our local repair shop, and the problem was resolved quickly and easily. We paid the bill and received a check from Northwoods (it was under warranty) for reimbursement within a week or so. No complaint there! I would have really liked central vac, but it is no longer an option. All in all, we are more than happy with our Arctic Fox and will remain a devoted customer.
- Kevin Pelletier, New York

2020-05-03 2020 Northwood Arctic Fox 1020 View Listings

Gardner’s RV was very pleasant buying experience for us. We traded a 2016 Arctic Fox 29-5 for a 2020 32-5, same brand. Everyone at the dealership went out of their way to get us on the road educated and prepared for success. Overall excellent experience.
- Duane knudson, Montana

2020-04-21 2014 Northwood Arctic Fox 990 View Listings

We bought this brand new in 2014 for camping with 2 small children and elk hunting for my husband. The first weekend, the thermostat quit working (and it was 35-45 degree temperatures...which sure made that trip an adventure). After a couple weeks at the dealer, that was fixed. We still own it and my husband loves it so much that we're going to be THAT family and also have a trailer cause we can't fit family of 4 with tweens into this any longer. Prior to owning this, we had an early 1980s camper and I think they had better storage than this model. I've tried so many Pinterest solutions to try to fit 4 of us in here...it just wasn't made for that. I'm not sure how two people going for more than a weekend could do it...you've got no place for that much food and putting a cooler in here takes up about all the walking room on the floor. The inside wallpaper is peeling pretty bad at this point but even new the seams were very visible and didn't look high quality (like we were assured the camper was for that price!). The trim pulled off and snagged on clothes pretty early on. The storage near the bed is practically unusable...again, I've tried lots of off-line solutions but cannot understand why they don't put shelves in!!! We've hit our heads on the shelf above us countless times. The step into the bed is way too high, as is the first step to get into the camper (after back-surgery, it's impossible for me). The windows should all come with black-out shades, as should the skylight (the fan and door both had them). In the pros: We've beat this camper up pretty good...off-roading a lot, we've hit branches, we've dented the sides hitting another camper...it's been through it all and we haven't had any leaking issues or freezing pipes or anything like that. My husband would buy this again in a heartbeat and we're looking at Outdoors RV for our trailer because once you go all-weather and high-quality, you can't go back!
- lauren, Washington

2020-03-02 2017 Northwood Arctic Fox 27-5L View Listings

We liked the fact that it was 29.5 ft in length, the kitchen and storage is adequate, it has a queen size bed,and prewired in the bedroom for a 2nd TV. We've had multiple problems with our unit per the following; 1. Refrigerator failed on our first trip which took nearly 2 months to repair. 2. The shower continually leaks. 3. Many screws throughout the unit have been stripped. 4. The plastic finish around the door casings were not screwed or glued in place. 5. This unit should be outfitted for 50 amp service in order to run your coffee pot and the microwave at the same time. There are also problems running a coffee pot and a curling iron or almost any other electrical service. 6. The table utilized within this model was removed and replaced with a custom credenza as our knees scraped the underside of the table. 7. The couch was replaced with two recliners in order to be more comfortable while using this unit. 8. The light switch which controls the lighting over the recliners should be moved to a more convenient location, it's a royal PITA. 9. The air conditioner should be replaced with a 15.5 unit along with a 50 amp service. 10. The height of this unit is extreme and should be lowered for safe use.
- John A Bird, Montana

2020-02-29 2019 Northwood Arctic Fox 28-5C View Listings

For us very roomy. We had a 2008 silver fox 990 slide in camper before. Enjoyed it but age creeped in so camping comforts changed. Toes very nicely. Anderson style hitch. Using a 2007 350 Super Duty Ford. Seamed BIG at first but you get used to it quickly. Auto leveling is the way to go. Have solar power as well which is nice. 3500 in house gen. Some winter camping and it stayed very warm in teen weather. Would recommend it.....
- Dan Kruger / Benet Kruger, Montana

2020-02-16 2013 Northwood Arctic Fox 990 View Listings

We love everything about this rig. Lots of space, top-notch craftsmanship. Huge water capacity, push-button generator. They thought of all the bells and whistles! This is the best slide-in camper for off-grid camping, all year round. Great for surf and fishing trips. Sleeps 4 if you share beds. Eight-foot bed truck needed HD 2500 Minimum to hold the weight.
- Mike Larkin, New York

2020-02-10 2019 Northwood Arctic Fox 990 Wet Bath View Listings

We love this Truck camper! We took our first truck camper to Alaska in 2012 and found it was the perfect way to go. We took a towable in 2014, but liked the truck camper set up better; the unit could fit in smaller spots. We had purchased this unit for a 2019 driving trip, but health issues developed and we cannot use this any longer. We like that you can pull in, drop the jacks, hook up water and power and you are ready to camp! Departure is easier, also. Having the slide out gives a lot of room, and the bedroom area is cozy and warm. The Fox Landing is so much safer than the little step ladder in our previous truck camper. The wet bath gives more room in the main area of the camper and there is ample space to shower, and clean the bathroom at the same time! The generator is great for those who like to boondock. Torklift Fast Guns are great for tie downs. All around, this is a great camper for any type of trip..
- Dean, Michigan

2020-02-02 2013 Northwood Arctic Fox 275-L View Listings

I have owned this RV for three years and have compiled a list of defects a page long. The more serious issues have been the failure of the fridge (off warranty cost $3,500 to replace), the finish on the table and drawers rubbing off requiring an expensive refinish, all tanks too small, not four season unless you leave the furnace blasting full time at 15 degrees below Celsius (barley freezing), poorly designed oven, carpet on ceiling sagging and falling off, discoloured and fading finish on front cap, sagging awnings, leaking taps in kitchen, squealing taps in bathroom, bed webbing frame broken, couch too small and replaced with chairs, chairs weak and require rebuilding, screws on cabinets too short and working loose. On a bright note, the fan works well and it is a nice looking coach. Northwoods Manufacturing is cheaping out on materials and quality of build.
- Ken Gread, British Columbia

2020-01-31 2013 Northwood Arctic Fox 25W View Listings

Northwood Arctic Fox 25W has a great floor plan with 2 doors which is what my wife wanted. The rear kitchen is great specially with the windows giving you a great view from it. This is a very well built unit. Solid real wood anchors were all the corners meet and the cabinets are mounted. Built for all 4 seasons. The unit that I have has the ProPride 3P Hitch system which makes it have no sway at all. We love it.
- Augusto, Florida

2019-12-03 2016 Northwood Arctic Fox 25R View Listings

We bought a 2016 brand new Acrtic fox and right away we found 29 problems.We called the usa factory in Utah and he was the most rudeness ass in the world. Could not help us with nothing.All he kept telling us was oh it should of never been built like that We were like no kidding. Example of 29 items broken.The kitchen sink is cracked,the otter cover at the front was not screwed in 4 missing bolts. Parts coming apart like the bed frame etc. We would NEVER buy any Actic Fox again.
- Diana Godfrey , British Columbia

2019-11-29 2007 Northwood Arctic Fox 1150 View Listings

I can’t say enough good things about the Arctic Fox 1150 camper. It is truly a 4 season unit. It is not uncommon for us to camp in it for 2 months a year. We bought it new and we have put 145,000 miles on it. No structural issues period. Only damage incurred was caused by other people, like getting backed into the slide when slide was extended. It caused minor damage and we had to replace the drive gears, rollers and motor. As usual, they drove off and my insurance had to take care of it. I have resealed the roof twice and the exterior seams at 8 years. I also replaced all exterior lights as I was not about to reseal in the old lights that the sun was starting to deteriorate. Exterior lights are now LED units. The interior bulbs are also now LED. The bottom plywood behind the rear tires surfaced failed at 100K miles but the side skirts and walls were totally dry. I replaced the plywood with ABS plastic sheeting and put thicker plywood on the storage compartment floors. I also put drains in the rear bottom ABS in case there is a failure in the tanks or plumbing. All appliances, heater, pump, AC, and water heater are original with no issues. I have had to take apart and clean the pump twice due to algae contamination. This is a Great unit and we kept it when we bought an Arctic Fox 29-5K. Now we can choose how we want to travel and camp.
- K. Klosterman, Washington

2019-10-18 2020 Northwood Arctic Fox 29-5T View Listings

Great Fifth Wheel, only one complaint. The antenna is 12 inches tall, located on the highest point of the roof on the right side. It is a saucer on a narrow pillar so any low hanging branch will break it.
- Phil Clark, Washington

2019-09-09 2006 Northwood Arctic Fox 860 View Listings

I have been Camping a long time since i was 5 years of age and today ar 54 I still love the fresh air fun loving friends getogethers camping out over a cold one enjoying eachothers stories laughing over a nice crackling bon-fire...I will always camp !! Its in the blood'and owning a nice rv really allows you to enjoy yourself the more.....
- Tina Samra, Michigan