Newmar RVs Reviews (211)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Newmar RVs Reviews and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of these RVs.

Chase Herbig from Florida says:

Have you owned any Newmar RVs? Write a review

Voted Most Helpful Review 2016 Newmar King Aire 4503 View Listings

Purchased a King Air. Had a problem with the wall slide as it was not level. It was like walking on the side of a hill. Newmar knew they had the problems but sent them to the dealer with the defect. The dealer I also believe knew about the defect. Also the wall slide had a large dent from the inside out. Somehow I over looked it when I purchased but noticed it when I picked up the RV. Newmar service manager told me to bring the rv in and they would adjust the wall slide once they get the parts in from a vendor. This took a month. I refused to drive the RV to dealer since it was a 10 hour round trip then the same to pick up. Newmar manager said they would split the fuel. I was shocked. I refused and after I got my wife involved he agreed. He sent a driver to pick up the RV and returned it but they were suppose to repair the dent at the same time. They didn't stating they didn't have the time so I told The Newmar manager to keep it another week. Didn't hear back from him but the driver called and said he's on the way to deliver my RV. I was surprised that the dent was not going to be repaired but I told them that he would need to return the RV for repairs at his cost. When I got the RV back a few items that I gave the dealer to repair were not done and they destroyed my screen door and scratched up my stainless interior door panel. I later contacted Newmar service manager and told him that he needed to have the RV Ickes up to have the Dent repaired and the other screw up. He said it would be at my cost. Unbelievable,, after fighting thru this he agreed to pay for half the fuel cost. I was in absolute disbelief that this guy is asking me to not only return the RV to the dealer but was negotiating fuel cost. Are we talking about $100 at best. I owned one Essex my first RV then went into owning three preowned Prevosts. I honestly believed that I would get not only a superior RV but the best manufacture and dealer service. To the contrary I was in such disbelief that I sold the RV after owning about 4 months. I was concerned that if Newmar would treat us like they did after just paying over $700,000 for a King Aire what's it going to be like if I had another problem. Newmar knew of the defective wall slide as The service manager told me that they could fix in the field and had to have the vendor make the part for the fix. I have told my story to many many friend that RV and they have stayed away from Newmar. Be careful reading all of these great reviews. Many are staged. RVers need to look at for each other. The manufactures are not regulated like the vehicle manufactures. They dealt with me in bad faith and consumers need to be aware. RVT. Please publish.
- Chase Herbig , Florida

2019-10-05 2006 Newmar Cypress 32CKRE View Listings

This Newmar 5th wheel is very comfortable and economical to heat and cool. We purchased this unit to travel to Florida from January thru May each year. This RV has a large amount of storage with the pantry and lazy susan making it almost like cooking at home. There are more than adequate amount of full size drawers in the kitchen, bedroom and bathroom. With the two recliners, sofa and the surround sound makes viewing TV very comfortable A large heated basement that supplied all the storage space needed. I had no difficulty in towing, it is well balanced and it also has excellent braking system.
- John Van Lew, North Carolina

2019-10-03 2011 Newmar Dutch Star 4344 View Listings

The leather seats and couches have been disintegrating since 2017.I have tried to contact newmar service since I am aware that this is a problem for numerous coaches. They tell me to email pictures and then their mailbox is always full and I have been unable to get any answers from them.I have had to replace the outside step since it was faulty.For what they charge for these coaches you would expect better quality !!!
- Barry Thompson, Arkansas

2019-09-23 2014 Newmar Dutch Star 4369 View Listings

Newmar is the best built RV... minor issues. you can get help from their toll free hotline!! Have called twice and explained my issue and they walked me right through my problem. Fixed and both times it was just my lack of RV knowledge!! Will probably buy another Newmar.They are built to last!!
- Chris Rabb, North Carolina

2019-09-20 2009 Newmar Dutch Aire 4085 View Listings

We choose NEWMAR Cie for his reputation and we're not deceived, They make great RV's and and posseses an absolute reputation . The best in it's category. We recommand Newmar to any of you, who thinks acquiring his first motorhome.
- Norman Terroux, Quebec

2019-09-14 2006 Newmar Mountain Aire 4307 View Listings

Loved this RV from the moment we purchased it. Bought it from a gentleman that really took care of it. Had more options than we were looking for and most everything was new. Took it on a 8000 mile trip right after purchasing and really impressed us with the amount of room and the livability of this. It was our first RV and it really set the bar high. Biggest bathroom I've seen in one. Large enough for a baby "pack n play" while driving down the road with the door closed. Would definitely do this again.
- James, Florida

2019-08-27 1999 Newmar Dutch Star 2455 View Listings

I had no problem with this Motorhome always start right up I drove from Florida to Knoxville Tn at 65-70 miles an hour no problem at all drives super easy Newmar is great quality manufacture everything works Call 865-314-3024 if any questions
- Benjamin Yoder, Tennessee

2019-08-25 2015 Newmar London Aire 4503 View Listings

I have owned three RV’s and have found this to be the best I have ever owned. The 600 hp Cummins Diesel engine is known as the mountain eater because of it’s ability to climb mountains with ease. With its comfort drive system it makes it very easy to drive on windy days. The vehicle is very comfortable to drive with its big comfortable leather seats. I really enjoy the push button shades for driving and privacy. The king size bed is very comfortable. The heated floor is very nice on cool mornings. On demand water heater is nice. I take it directly to Newmar for service and am always treated very well.
- Michele Pryke , Ontario

2019-08-21 2005 Newmar Kountry Star 3720 View Listings

I have owned my Newmar for 9 years and have never been broken down. The systems, A/c /heating, slides, engine, chassis, and interior systems have always been the best. Newmar has great customer service for questions about doing regular maintenance or parts issues.
- Robert, Florida

2019-08-12 2015 Newmar Ventana 4315 View Listings

I love this RV. The floorplan is perfect for families with the bunk beds mid-cabin, sleeper sofa up front, and the king bed in the back. The 400 hp Cummings engine is plenty powerful to get around, even while towing an SUV. Quality Newmar construction with Comfort Steering. We got one with all the bells and whistles and were able to live comfortably on it full-time. An all electric coach with the Oasis hydronic heating is the way to go! We also enjoyed the exterior TV/Soundbar under the awning. If you are looking for a quality bunkhouse RV, I would definitely recommend this one.
- Dave, Virginia

2019-08-06 2019 Newmar Dutch Star 4018 View Listings

We purchased this RV from Freedom RV in Tucson, Arizona and brought it to Canada 2 months ago. Freedom failed to disclose before our purchase that there was a wall delamination that was repaired by Newmar prior to our purchase. Now we find out that 2 slides were repaired badly at Freedom, and we have water leaking into the coach. Newmar doesn't return our calls and the coach has been sitting for a week at the repair shop, that claims the repair will take them minimally 2 months. We will probably need a lawyer. NEVER purchase from Newmar. Their website is total BS. You are a number, and their financial bottom line is all they care about.
- Karen Parasynchuk, Alberta

2019-08-02 2005 Newmar Kountry Star 3651 View Listings

We drove the RV across the Northern route of the US from North Carolina. We've traveled to many more places in California, Oregon, Utah and Arizona. This is the first class A RV I've owned and I've loved having it. It was set up for towing with the previous owners, but we have not towed anything. Both beds are comfortable. I really like having the larger refrigerator and convection/microwave oven. Very easy to use. The all-in-one washer/dryer is also a plus. There is plenty of storage space throughout (main kitchen and living area, as well as the bathroom and bedroom).
- Michelle, California

2019-08-02 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 3812 View Listings

This model RV is like driving a Cadillac. Plenty of power from the Cummins 370, smooth shifting with the Allison 6 speed automatic. Combine that with the best in class Spartan chassis and it makes for an awesome driving, riding, performing RV. Newmar used all the best components putting this RV together. The cabinetry is all wood, no particle board or plywood here. The furniture is all Flexsteel. Top of the line fabric covers all of it. GE microwave/convection is the right size for a family. Norcold fridge keeps all your cold items at the right temp. This RV has been a pleasure to own,drive, and live in!
- Mike Bullock, Missouri

2019-07-28 2000 Newmar Dutch Star 3865 View Listings

One of the best motor couch I have ever owned.We took it across country and back up and down East coast. With open living area and full living slide its a joy to set up and enjoy. Even if you do not open slide out you have a large living room easily able to go from front to read of couch.
- Ballard, MK, North Carolina

2019-07-22 2003 Newmar Dutch Star 4004 View Listings

We had nothing but a positive experience with our RV. Newmar was always helpful if we had issues, things that we couldn't discover ourselves. We never were full time RV people, but we lived in our motorhome 3 or 4 months out of every year, and sometimes 5 months. It is an easy rig to drive and I always pulled my chevy pickup with a atv loaded in back. I sometimes would have liked to have had the larger cat engine when pulling a long grade. My brother in law had a like coach with the larger Caterpillar engine and he would pass me on the hills. But I always passed him at the fuel stops. I experienced very good mileage 8-9 miles per gallon. I will miss our home away from very much, but hope someone will buy it and enjoy it as much as we have.
- Leon P Kellogg, Oregon

2019-07-21 2019 Newmar Ventana LE 3717 View Listings

My coach had tv satellite problems from day one. I have on this coast now for 30 days and I still don’t have satellite nor does my Blu-ray work in the living room . Several Newmar service centers advised me they will not work on your coach unless, you bought it from them. Newmar does not make these service centers take care of their customers. I have driven from Florida to Colorado through Montana Wyoming and Idaho and have never found one Newmar service center willing to help without 23 weeks prior notice. Secondly, they don’t extend the HDMI cable far enough into the TV box are Newmar does not make these service centers take care of their customers. I have driven from Florida to Colorado through Montana Wyoming and Idaho and have never found one Newmar service center willing to help without 23 weeks prior notice. Secondly, they don’t extend the HDMI cable far enough into the TV cabinet and mine broke off. It’s going to take seven weeks for me to get that repaired so I will not have TV satellite for seven weeks. I called the nearest local dealer in liberty Lake Washington and they told me the earliest I can get in is eight weeks from now. They said they don’t have to service me because I did not buy my Newmar from them ! Unless Newmar lays down stringent rules that all Newmar customers must be serviced immediately or face the consequences of potentially losing the dealership , I would never recommend nor buy Newmar !
- Lloyd Clay, Idaho

2019-07-09 2017 Newmar Ventana LE 3412 View Listings

We were pretty excited about purchasing our first Motorhome and selected the Newmar Company because of it's good reputation. WERE WE MISTAKEN!!!!!!! After using it twice we encountered a broken drivers seat, broken TV antenna, insulating foam on one slide that fell off and it appears a piece is missing, dents in the body, an air diverter box behind the refrigerator that fell apart, a drawer latch incorrectly installed so that the drawer will not stay shut, a piece of trim on the bedroom floor cut to short causing a sharp spot one could cut ones foot on, but the biggest problem and BUYER BEWARE is the cheap flooring that not only dents from the rollers but also lost the surface paint or covering and shows white spots and scratches. After the warranty period the TV that comes up from behind the dining table is off it's track and won't come up without using something to guide it past the box. The part for the drivers seat took almost six weeks to get, and after fighting with "Customer Service" (sic) I was able to take the motorhome to a local RV repair shop and after an act of Congress was able to MOST of the repairs done. The floor seems to be another issue. Depending on who you talk to in Customer Service the floor is NOT, I repeat IS NOT under warranty. I tried to find where it specified that but can't find it. The company did send replacement tiles but now I have to find somebody to do the labor and maybe they'll pay for it and maybe not. The real killer came this morning (July 9, 2019) when a representative told me that "skids" that are used to prevent the floor from being injured and scarred are used to transport the vehicles West of the Mississippi. So they want to prevent messing up the floor BEFORE they sell it but after it is sold tough luck. The skids are not provided and according to the rep the damage to the floor is "NORMAL WEAR AND TEAR". Are you kidding??????????? So, would I recommend buying a Newmar product? Not only NO! but HELL NO!! The motorhome is poorly made. The quality control seems to be nonexistent and the warranty is subject to either loads of phone calls, pictures and fighting with customer service reps or driving back and forth to a dealer regardless of how far they might be from where you live. Again I say, BUYER BEWARE!
- Lawrence Kozlowski, Washington

2019-07-02 2006 Newmar Kountry Star 3910 View Listings

This is hard to part with but it's time. This has been stored in a temperature controlled garage, when not in use, since day one. No smoke or animals, EVER. Immaculate inside and out. With four slides,it is exceptionally spacious and easy to relax. The engine performs very well on Colorado, Alaska and Pennsylvania's mountains, when towing a vehicle. The in-motion satellite provided great TV reception when traveling throughout the United States. My wife appreciated the built-in oven along with the convection/microwave oven when preparing meals for Newmar Rallys. Belonging to Newmar Kountry Klub was another great benefit to owning this RV!
- Jim Broderick, Pennsylvania

2019-06-23 2004 Newmar Kountry Star KSCA 3740 1 View Listings

My wife and love traveling together in our RV. We have a 37’ Newmar Kountrystar model KSCA which has a bath plus half bath. Half bath is exceptional especially when we traveled with grand kids. This model is built using a W-22 Workhorse chassis, an 8.1 vortex gas engine and Allison transmission. This rig has plenty of power. We flat flat tow a Ford Edge and have travelled up and down some significant grades with no power issues. It’s not a sports vehicle but performs very, very well. This coach drives easily and comfortably. We added Koni shocks which made a huge difference after OEM shocks had some wear. The floor plan is great. We have plenty of space with 2 slides. Very comfortable. Plenty of kitchen space and counter top. The coach was equipped with a washer and dryer stacked together. We never used either as the capacity is so small and cycles so slow and the places we camped always have convenient laundry facilities. We removed these appliances and added custom shelving which gave us a large closet with lots of storage. Much more useful in our opinion. Newmar quality is impeccable. The inside of this coach is almost like new. The outside, including decals are still in great shape.
- Paul Bordelon , Texas

2019-06-06 2017 Newmar Bay Star 3401 View Listings

Newmar makes an excellent quality Class A. You first notice the remarkable full body paint job, then you enter the interior and find it to be more like a small condo than an RV. The craftsmanship is first rate throughout. Cabinetry is residential quality rather than RV/camper quality in most competing units. All spaces are well utilized. Excellent factory support! Love this motorhome.
- Mike Dzurko, California

2019-06-05 2017 Newmar Mountain Aire 4519 View Listings

My experience with this coach has been excellent. From the purchase process through the process of learning how everything on the coach works and the support from Newmar, I have no complaints. The driveability of the coach and the comfort once parked are so comfortable. Finally, the quality of the workmanship is outstanding. You can feel it the minute you enter the RV.
- Rick Hurley , Virginia

2019-06-04 2007 Newmar Kountry Star 3916 View Listings

We have really loved our Newmar Kountry Star it drives so easy, the floor plan on the 3916 is my favorite and the quality of the coach overall is excellent Every time we have had to call customer service or order a part everyone was so nice.
- Gale , Oklahoma

2019-06-02 2005 Newmar Essex 4503 Westminster View Listings

Our 2005 Newmar Essex has been a great 1st time RV for us. I’m so happy we did our due diligence on researching the kind we wanted to purchase. We’ve taken 2 long trips in it, Alaska & Florida. If our retirement plans hadn’t changed we would be keeping this beautiful coach.
- Tama, Washington

2019-05-30 2006 Newmar Dutch Star 4304 View Listings

Newmar corporation make great products stand behind him 110% love the 43 foot Dutcht Starr is my favorite we are getting another one 4369 Quality products used throughout the coach interior are top-quality !!!
- Wayne Paquette, Alberta

2019-05-26 2005 Newmar Kountry Star 3910 View Listings

Appreciate the high quality of the coach throughout the unit. The Spartan chassis is very nice to drive and feels very smooth going down the road. I consider Newmar to be at the top of the industry with Class units. This is their focus and it shows.
- Sylvan Eash, Indiana