Newmar Reviews on RV Insider (251)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Newmar RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Chase Herbig from Florida says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2016 Newmar King Aire 4503 View Listings

Purchased a King Air. Had a problem with the wall slide as it was not level. It was like walking on the side of a hill. Newmar knew they had the problems but sent them to the dealer with the defect. The dealer I also believe knew about the defect. Also the wall slide had a large dent from the inside out. Somehow I over looked it when I purchased but noticed it when I picked up the RV. Newmar service manager told me to bring the rv in and they would adjust the wall slide once they get the parts in from a vendor. This took a month. I refused to drive the RV to dealer since it was a 10 hour round trip then the same to pick up. Newmar manager said they would split the fuel. I was shocked. I refused and after I got my wife involved he agreed. He sent a driver to pick up the RV and returned it but they were suppose to repair the dent at the same time. They didn't stating they didn't have the time so I told The Newmar manager to keep it another week. Didn't hear back from him but the driver called and said he's on the way to deliver my RV. I was surprised that the dent was not going to be repaired but I told them that he would need to return the RV for repairs at his cost. When I got the RV back a few items that I gave the dealer to repair were not done and they destroyed my screen door and scratched up my stainless interior door panel. I later contacted Newmar service manager and told him that he needed to have the RV Ickes up to have the Dent repaired and the other screw up. He said it would be at my cost. Unbelievable,, after fighting thru this he agreed to pay for half the fuel cost. I was in absolute disbelief that this guy is asking me to not only return the RV to the dealer but was negotiating fuel cost. Are we talking about $100 at best. I owned one Essex my first RV then went into owning three preowned Prevosts. I honestly believed that I would get not only a superior RV but the best manufacture and dealer service. To the contrary I was in such disbelief that I sold the RV after owning about 4 months. I was concerned that if Newmar would treat us like they did after just paying over $700,000 for a King Aire what's it going to be like if I had another problem. Newmar knew of the defective wall slide as The service manager told me that they could fix in the field and had to have the vendor make the part for the fix. I have told my story to many many friend that RV and they have stayed away from Newmar. Be careful reading all of these great reviews. Many are staged. RVers need to look at for each other. The manufactures are not regulated like the vehicle manufactures. They dealt with me in bad faith and consumers need to be aware. RVT. Please publish.
- Chase Herbig , Florida

2020-07-09 2015 Newmar Bay Star 3401 View Listings

Bought this coach used in January 2016. This is 7th coach I've owned since 1997 and second Newmar. Outstanding unit. Phone help from Newmar for the few questions we had has been outstanding. Selling the coach tomorrow and hope the new owners love it as much as we have. Only disappointing thing is I understand Newmar Corp has been bought by another manufacturer, one I've had bad experiences with. If this is true hope they don't allow the Newmar quality go down.
- Rick, Oklahoma

2020-06-28 1998 Newmar Dutch Star 3860 View Listings

Newmar makes a quality coach, they are very helpful if you have any problems, you can call and someone will help directly over the phone. They have all of the parts for the coach, but have found their prices to be on the high side, but they have them. Would recommend a Newmar to anyone looking for a quality diesel pusher-
- scott, Nevada

2020-06-23 2020 Newmar Ventana 4037 View Listings

Bought the RV 4 weeks ago it had a broken window, was told it would be in within a few days. First time taking it out the jacks made a large popping sound when retracting. No working fridge, No AC working, No Working TVs, No working Microwave, No Charge back to the batteries. I took it back to service they looked it over stated they were waiting for Newmar to authorize the warranty work. I bought my new coach from See Grins RV in Gilroy CA. They told me that I would be fine to plug into a campsite plugged into the RV hookup. And again, the unit failed. And nothing worked.I took it back to the dealer and cancelled camp trip. And they said they would get right on it. And again that they were waiting for Newmar to authorize for the repair. Called up and talked to Steve at Newmar customer service and he said " he is getting involved and that the parts would go out next day air and not to worry." Another 3-4 days have gone by contacted the dealer again they stated " They do not have authorization for the parts." Since the customer service agent said he was going to take care of this I can not believe that the miscommunication between the dealer and the manufacturer has been this much of a mess. I talked to Erica my Newmar specialist and she stated that she would call the dealership to make sure they knew that the repair was authorized. My authorization number is 276306 so I do not understand how could a brand new coach that is in the $400,000 range could have these issues? I would think that when they are new that they are tested and make sure they are safe for customer to take them. I consider this a safety violation because there is no charge back from the both house and chassis batteries from the inverter. I'm very disappointed in the service I am receiving and overall the quality of the unit because of the issues I have outlined above.
- Guy Calamia, California

2020-06-20 2020 Newmar Essex 4551 View Listings

The 2020 Essex by Newmar is a great coach. I’ve had Prevost Buses and Newell’s and the bang for the buck is way better on the Essex. Your depreciation in first couple years will darn near pay for the Essex. The Essex is very tight and drives great. With increased price on King Aire it is hard to beat the Essex.
- Bryan , Arizona

2020-06-16 2017 Newmar Bay Star 3333 View Listings

Nice layout but interior products are not in line with cost. I will buy a Tiffin next time. Main problem us with electric awnings, all cabinet latches, and leather is peeling off seating. Also the frame was welded over the oil drain in the generator which prevented servicing without cutting brace. Can live with everything but the fake leather peeling off. Newmar should just put in cloth seats.
- James, Georgia

2020-06-13 2018 Newmar Bay Star 3401 View Listings

My husband and I have been RVing for the past 25 years. We started with a very old 5th wheel and worked out way up through 5 different RV’s before purchasing our beautiful new Newmar Bay Star motorhome. Due to family health issues, we have not had a chance to enjoy our RV as we had hoped which is the reason we are selling. When we did travel we loved the fully automated set up, everything is just a push of a button. We feel right at home with our king size bed and private bedroom. Having entertainment centers (TV) in 4 different locations allows for large game parties or private watching different programs in separate rooms or outside under the awning. The windows throughout the coach are very large allowing plenty of light with an extra large portrait window in the back. We can also darken the coach completely with blackout shades. The fireplace helps create a cozy atmosphere while warming the coach on cold days. The large refrigerator provides plenty of space for a foodie and cook like me. There is plenty of storage throughout the coach both inside and out. The large microwave doubles as a confection oven which bakes bread, muffins and casseroles in record time. The leather furniture is both durable and comfortable with captains chairs that can turn around to face the living area. The couch makes into a bunk bed and the dinette another bed allowing sleeping for 6 comfortably. I love the different types of lighting throughout the coach with reading lights, romantic dimming accent lights and of course bright overhead lights. We occasionally worked while camping and found plenty of electrical outlets and a WIFI booster that helped us stay wired. The bathroom also has plenty of storage and is large enough to move around in easily. The shower has glass doors and is also quite large. I have plenty of room for all my beauty necessities and lighting to help with me with makeup, hair and basic personal hygiene. My husband is the driver in the family and finds this RV easier to maneuver than any of our previous pull behinds and 5th wheels. We purchased a Chevy Equinox as our ‘dingy’ and unless you look at the camera, it is hard to tell you are towing. The turn signals trigger cameras that provide a clear view of the turn lane and the back camera keeps an eye on the dingy and traffic behind. Parking has always been a ‘fun’ time in our family with me directing and my husband trying to follow my lead. With the back up camera on this RV, we are much happier campers while parking. Newmar makes a superb product with even the seemingly insignificant details included. If we find ourselves fortunate enough to own another RV, it will undoubtedly be a Newmar!
- Deborah Gilkey, Georgia

2020-06-03 2019 Newmar Ventana 4348 View Listings

Just purchased from Holiday World RV OF Willis. The walk thru was good. They addressed all issues. However there were not many. After going thru unit for 3 days looking for problems did not fine but two small issues. On first trip coach worked great. Driving was very easy. Wind or passing big rigs did not affect Rv. Turning ratio is great. I would recommend the ventana without any problem. Only issue is owners manual was a little lacking however you can call newmar for questions. They are very helpful.
- Jess , Texas

2020-06-01 2017 Newmar Ventana LE 4037 View Listings

We love this Motorhome, great floor plan, very livable. King Bed, Bath and 1/2. No issues with this Newmar product other than minor mostly operator error issues on our part. Great riding and driving Rig. We tow a Jeep Wrangler with absolutely no issues. Everything you need and nothing that you don't. In my opinion its the most Bang for the Buck in Class A Diesel Pusher Motorhome's.
- Ron Graham, Arkansas

2020-05-30 2016 Newmar Mountain Aire 4565 View Listings

We first purchased a 2013 Mountain Air and within a year we traded it in for a new 2016. While we like the layout of the coach the quality of the cabinetry is horrible. As we were leaving the dealership with our brand new coach a floor to sealing panel fell off. When we got it home we opened the back closet door and it fell apart. The cabinets open up when going down the road so we had to have a full routine of tying the cabinets closed before hitting the road. We also had to wedge a bar between the pantry door and the bathroom door to keep the pantry door closed. North Trail FtMyers claims to have great service- they don’t. It can take three months to get in to be serviced and the coach can easily be there for three months to get relatively minor repairs. I told my husband that if we want to own a Newmar we need to own two of them because one is always going to be in the shop. The service is horrible. We were having AC problems so we took the bus into a shop in Houston. While trying to fix the AC they somehow cut the hydraulics steering line and told us that we would have to spend $1000 to get it towed to Freightliner because the bus could not be driven. Three months later and a lot of fighting we got our bus back. We finally traded it in for a new Prevost and we are much happier. When we picked up our Prevost there was a gentleman staying in the site next to us who bought a King Air and after six months he too traded in for Prevost. The Newmars have nice layouts but the quality and service leave much to be desired.
- Windquest, Florida

2020-05-28 2019 Newmar Dutch Star 4310 View Listings

A terrible company. Arrogant with no reason . Very low level of finish and installation. Doors and latch falling and open while you driving. They will waste your time as a customer. Now they been sold to Winnebago the worst of the worst so very bad future to the company with 0 customer service!!
- Dr ron , District of Columbia

2020-05-17 2016 Newmar Bay Star 3518 View Listings

We loved this RV. We traded in a 27 foot Class A for it. For full-timing this was perfect for us. As neither of us are handy, we wanted something easy to maintain. Gas worked well as it was quite a bit less expensive to maintain than diesel, even though climbing mountains was slower. We chose the Newmar as it was very highly rated in quality. We stayed in many Military RV campgrounds and barely noticed jets flying directly overhead. It stayed cool in hot weather and warm in cold weather. I wish the kitchen had more counter space as I love to cook, so that was a sacrifice. The king bed was exceptionally comfortable. Apart from some minor repairs, we've had no problems with this lovely girl. We are sorry to have to sell due to health reasons after only 3 years, and we can't imagine someone loving this RV as much as we do. I think this is a perfect time to sell as less people will want to fly or stay in hotels along the way.
- Edrye Doman, Arizona

2020-05-05 2004 Newmar Mountain Aire 38RLPK View Listings

Our Newmar Mountain Aire has been a great experience from the very beginning.Our 5th wheel came with a 3 year warranty. Factory service was outstanding. After all these years of owning this unit we are saleing it, and if our new 5th wheel comes even close to the quality, we will be happy.
- Donald, Michigan

2020-04-30 2002 Newmar Dutch Star 4095 View Listings

I purchased the RV from Lazy Days RV in Tampa Fl. Flew there and drove the unit off the lot to VA. Drive like a dream without any problems. Doesn’t do bad in fuel consumption either, about 10 to 11 mpg. Every system in the couch performed flawlessly. I don’t really have a dislike of the unit, but rather like all aspects. Easy to use, set up, and operate. Plenty of basement storage for goodies! I have camped all my life and owned everything from a pop-up to a class A pusher, and the Newmar Dutch Star 4095 is by far the best unit I have ever owned.
- William Gross, Virginia

2020-04-15 2020 Newmar New Aire 3545 View Listings

This is our 3rd motorhome and by far the very best. The features are amazing! The most outstanding feature is the service/support that I have received from Newmar Corporate and subsequently the local dealership. I love the technology; however, it does require that you immerse yourself in the learning curve. The Sales Support Dept. at Newmar (Craig & his team) have been an excellent resource for me to take advantage of all the benefits and there are many. Unfortunately, due to my misunderstanding, a $5,000 expense was created. Newmar reviewed our documented discussions and covered the expense. Now that is not something you don't see every day! Their comment was "we are going to do what it takes to make you happy." This same message was supported by the local dealership that raves about Newmar's after sales support. Thank you Newmar.
- Ray Snitynsky, British Columbia

2020-03-18 2005 Newmar Mountain Aire 3783 View Listings

Quality even at this age of the coach not one thing wrong, it’s built to last, I can’t say enough. I did have to add stabilizer to improve driving. I would highly recommend this manufacturer and this coach
- Christine Nixon, Florida

2020-03-16 2005 Newmar Scottsdale 3201 View Listings

I love my newmar coach I have the 2005 scottsdale model strong motor great transmission mine has the cherry cabinets very well built through the whole coach I have lived in mine for 4 years and love it .fantastic company and it drives so nice very fun to drive
- Tracy , Nevada

2020-03-15 2017 Newmar Bay Star 3401 View Listings

We had several problems with the electric awning and annoying squeaks. Got thise worked iut after 2 years. Also with the drawer latches breaking (6). But the worst problem was the Dura shield on the front if the coach. It discolored and mildewed within a year. It may be the worst product ever made. I would never buy another motorhome with this on the front. It makes your brand new motorhome look like a garbage truck in less than a year. Much easier to touch up the chips than spend 100 hours or 1200 dollars to remove this horrible product. I would not accept a Newmar from a dealer if it has this on the front. The rest of the rv us perfect.
- Mike, Georgia

2020-02-29 2005 Newmar Mountain Aire 4018 View Listings

I own a Mountain Aire and we have had problems with a lot of the functionality of the unit. 1. Drive train was also a little off and would sift oddly in high terrain. 2. Engine seems to be over working with towing to the point that we would stop and let it cool before embarking on uneven roads. 3.The electronics were okay, but some of the string lights would go out and the entire line would need to be replaced. 4. The leather was always wrinkling causing aesthetic issues. 5. The cabinet doors were great and held up well but the cabinets themselves were extremely thin and have no strength to them.
- Cade Gibson, Indiana

2020-02-12 2014 Newmar Ventana LE 3436 View Listings

We have loved this unit. It has been fun to drive and traveling is easy. We are looking for a bigger unit. That is the ONLY reason we are looking to sell it. It has been stored indoors when not in use. We have not had any major issues with the unit.
- Keith, Texas

2020-02-11 2003 Newmar Dutch Star 4004 View Listings

This coach has been a pleasure to own, drive and live in. Quality has been fantastic. Enjoyable for short or long trips. Recommend for anyone looking for a long term investment in a quality coach with great features including factory replaced roof, ceiling, HVAC units and LED lighting throughout.
- Teresa Brammer, Alabama

2020-02-10 2008 Newmar Mountain Aire 4528 View Listings

We have owned many RV's over the years, this Newmar Mountain Aire far exceeds any of the others! The ride feels like your floating, having the half bath for guest is a huge bonus! the interior seems to be timeless. This one is a beauty and has been cared for like a baby!
- Kimberly Walker, Florida

2020-02-10 2019 Newmar New Aire 3345 View Listings

Very unreliable, slams on the breaks with nothing but clear road ahead. Siliverleaf system is not for this coach, cannot make it work. Staples were not removed and cut myself and wood has been damaged.
- CJ Bitker, Minnesota

2020-01-31 2007 Newmar Dutch Star 4304 View Listings

It was a great experience all round for 13 years . This is our 3rd big motor home but it’s time for a change after 20 years of motor home travel. Newmar has an excellent product and they look after us very well.
- Richard swenson, California

2020-01-26 2001 Newmar Dutch Star 3858 View Listings

Excellent RV, our coach has many updates including tires, complete new roof, all new batteries, refrigerator. Coach and generator have been serviced annually with all filters changed except the air filter, which was replaced this year. Just looking for more room.
- Lee, North Dakota