Newmar

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Newmar RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Chase Herbig from Florida says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2016 Newmar King Aire 4503 View Listings

Purchased a King Air. Had a problem with the wall slide as it was not level. It was like walking on the side of a hill. Newmar knew they had the problems but sent them to the dealer with the defect. The dealer I also believe knew about the defect. Also the wall slide had a large dent from the inside out. Somehow I over looked it when I purchased but noticed it when I picked up the RV. Newmar service manager told me to bring the rv in and they would adjust the wall slide once they get the parts in from a vendor. This took a month. I refused to drive the RV to dealer since it was a 10 hour round trip then the same to pick up. Newmar manager said they would split the fuel. I was shocked. I refused and after I got my wife involved he agreed. He sent a driver to pick up the RV and returned it but they were suppose to repair the dent at the same time. They didn't stating they didn't have the time so I told The Newmar manager to keep it another week. Didn't hear back from him but the driver called and said he's on the way to deliver my RV. I was surprised that the dent was not going to be repaired but I told them that he would need to return the RV for repairs at his cost. When I got the RV back a few items that I gave the dealer to repair were not done and they destroyed my screen door and scratched up my stainless interior door panel. I later contacted Newmar service manager and told him that he needed to have the RV Ickes up to have the Dent repaired and the other screw up. He said it would be at my cost. Unbelievable,, after fighting thru this he agreed to pay for half the fuel cost. I was in absolute disbelief that this guy is asking me to not only return the RV to the dealer but was negotiating fuel cost. Are we talking about $100 at best. I owned one Essex my first RV then went into owning three preowned Prevosts. I honestly believed that I would get not only a superior RV but the best manufacture and dealer service. To the contrary I was in such disbelief that I sold the RV after owning about 4 months. I was concerned that if Newmar would treat us like they did after just paying over $700,000 for a King Aire what's it going to be like if I had another problem. Newmar knew of the defective wall slide as The service manager told me that they could fix in the field and had to have the vendor make the part for the fix. I have told my story to many many friend that RV and they have stayed away from Newmar. Be careful reading all of these great reviews. Many are staged. RVers need to look at for each other. The manufactures are not regulated like the vehicle manufactures. They dealt with me in bad faith and consumers need to be aware. RVT. Please publish.
- Chase Herbig , Florida

2021-10-10 2012 Newmar Ventana 4346 View Listings

Newmar has a great reputation for building quality motorhomes and we have not been disappointed with our rig. We have done cold weather and all season camping with no issues. Of course you take extra precautions in the winter! Driving the rig is amazing even during strong cross winds. The Newmar Comfort Drive steering system makes compensation for having to steer into the wind. We LOVE the Oasis hydronic heating and hot water system. Tons of storage space is great. We don't have a pantry and that is something that would be nice to have. The craftsmanship of the cabinetry is top notch. The Cummins engine and Freightliner chassis have been worry free with no issues just routine maintenance.
- Darrell, Alberta

2021-10-06 2018 Newmar King Aire 4534 View Listings

This unit is great for full timers and is very easy to drive for long distances, fun for tailgating at sporting events. The King Aire is just that the king of comfort for everybody in the unit. And has a great towing capacity for that stacker towing capacity of 20,000 lbs.
- Paul Pearson, Florida

2021-10-05 2021 Newmar Dutch Star 4326 View Listings

We had not owned a motorhome in years and made a foolish decision to trust Camping World and buy a new 2019 Thor Aria from them. We simply did not know how unethical both of these companies were and still cannot understand how companies like these exist today. Word is getting out, but much too slowly. We were finally able to get rid of the Aria which we were never able to use as it was in the shop at Camping World for 6 months and then went to another shop where it was gone through and resold. It was brand new, but had no warranty upon sale as the Thor warranty voids upon transfer even if it is one week old. In reality it has no warranty to the original purchaser as well. I had owned several RV's previously and decided to buy a 2019 Newmar Ventana 4326. It was a wonderful coach and we were very happy with it. We enjoyed it so much, that we decided to order a new 2021 Dutch Star 4326 because we wanted the heated tile and a few other niceties. We loved the Dutch Star as well but decided to sell it and order a new 2022 London Aire 4535 bunk model with the 605 engine and a few more niceties. It is due to arrive in December 2021, so we cannot comment on it until we experience it but I am sure it will be wonderful like the previous models. It may sound strange that we are trading every year or so, but honestly NIRVC and Newmar have treated us so well that we have lost very little on the sale of our coaches. In fact, we are gone about 4 or 5 months a year and lose much less than half of what motel rooms would cost us. It continues to be a wonderful experience as well sleeping in our own bed etc. Newmar is the absolute opposite of Thor. They are available to us anywhere we travel and we have never experienced a negative situation with them. They are very supportive and conduct themselves with integrity. After the way I have been treated by Newmar, I would not consider any other coach except possibly a Newell, but we are not there yet. We can simply travel comfortably and without concern if we do have an issue. NIRVC has been wonderful and we continue to purchase from them. We had a hydraulic pump o-ring fail on a Saturday in Indio and the service manager from NIRVC called me on his cell phone and he walked the mobile mechanic right through it. The difference between a reputable dealer and Camping World is unbelievable as well as the difference between manufacturers like Thor and Newmar. On a final note, the Thor Aria had a sticker of $319,000. We used the coach one night and the most any dealer would offer us for it "brand new" was $120,000. All of the other dealers told us they simply would not put it on their lot. Newmar has an excellent reputation and resale value. I had my Ventana for a year, travelled across the country with it for months and sold it for $15,000 less than I paid for it. It is my opinion that buying a better coach from an ethical dealer is actually much cheaper than buying a cheaper coach from an unethical company (Camping World-Gander) and an unethical manufacturer (Thor) and living the nightmare of tremendous financial loss and being miserable each day in a terrible motorhome.
- Timothy T Dunkin SR, South Carolina

2021-10-03 1998 Newmar Mountain Aire 4068 View Listings

My wife and I lived in this 40 ft single slide RV for 5 months over 2 summers. We selected it for the quality of workmanship. Amish made maple cabinetry are still solid after 20 years and 50k miles on the road. Dual pane windows and day/night shades with window awnings allowed to front/rear low profile A/C units to keep the interior cool with minimal run time and noise. The Spartan frame combined with the Cummins 325 Diesel engine provide a smooth Air Ride while easily climbing hills and descending them gracefully using the jake brake as needed. The Onan 7500 generator can run all appliances when running off-grid, which we often did when traveling the wide open roads. We upgraded the house batteries to 300 Lithium Ion batteries and 4 solar panels so that we could avoid running the generator unless we needed A/C or to do a load of laundry. The 4068 floor plan allows full access to the entire interior so that the slide need not be extended for short overnight stops. The viewing angle of the HDTV is eye level when sitting in the leather couch (or recliner) which prevented neck strain. The fold out couch was used for several weeks and is very comfortable (I speak from experience). Driving safety is enhanced by adding blind spot cameras and the improved color/night vision capability. We kept the stock b/w camera pointed at the hitch to improve backing. We towed our car by trailer and dolly many thousands of miles barely noticing it behind us. Our rig has a second box receiver that holds a bike rack so that we can easily use bikes even when hauling a car. The basement is quite cavernous, holding not only the Norcold freezer, but also an inflatable kayak, solar oven, tools for the road and items we collected on our journeys. When we first bought the RV we carried most of our belongings in the basement when we moved to FL. The original carpet was replaced with plank wood flooring that is much easier to maintain and better for the slide rollers. The slide rollers got brittle over the years and had to be replaced, which was tricky but quite feasible to on-going support from the Newmar support line that will help you get almost any replacement part. I had a leveler spring snap on one journey and Newmar support knew the exact replacement needed and set two springs to our next destination for a reasonable charge. Required routine maintenance has been pretty minimal. We have had the fuel filters replaced (needed at least once per year due to marginal fuel at some stations). The air filter is quite large, but available thru Amazon and easily replaced through the interior engine hatch under the rear bed. Oil changes are pricy but rarely needed. Overall we have been very happy with the Newmar Mountain Aire and look forward to many years more of service out of this solid motor home.
- Christopher Shaw, Florida

2021-09-22 2006 Newmar Essex 4502 View Listings

I am trying to make repairs to an Essex model by Newmar. Newmar said a service advisor would call me, it never happened. I sent an email to parts 5 days ago, no response. I requested schematics and drawings for 12 volt system on the house side and they claim they do not have those. What little information I received was not very helpful. All they want to do is force you to go to a dealer. I was specifically told they would not have a technician help me because I'm an owner of a Newmar coach, can you believe that. Buyers beware.
- Philip Sanders, Texas

2021-09-21 2022 Newmar Dutch Star 4081 View Listings

Great size, easy to park and drive. Excellent floor plan, a lot of storage. Newmar has great service. With it being so hard to get RV park reservations at 40 feet this model Dutch Star 4081 gives you alot more parking options. Also the dual rear axles is a must for ride comfort and towing.
- Bryan, Nevada

2021-09-21 2021 Newmar Ventana 3412 View Listings

Description should be longer than 200.Description should be longer than 200.Description should be longer than 200.Description should be longer than 200.Description should be longer than 200.Description should be longer than 200.Description should be longer than 200.Description should be longer than 200.Description should be longer than 200.
- Avinash Singh, Illinois

2021-09-13 2021 Newmar Bay Star 3401 View Listings

This a beautiful coach with limited miles and ready for a new owner. My wife and I have enjoyed our 10 months traveling the western U.S. Our pricing is well below industry offerings as there very limited availability of 2021 A Class RVs. Call us at your earliest opportunity. We have many interested buyers.
- Richard Douglas Talmo, California

2021-09-12 2004 Newmar Mountain Aire 3778 View Listings

We bought one New from La Mesa Tampa back in 2004, absolutely loved this coach. Quality was next to none in the entire industry. Thank You Newmar for a very good experience as this was our first and will not be our last!
- Dale Lindhorst, Florida

2021-09-06 2012 Newmar Bay Star 2901 View Listings

2012 Newmar Baystar 2901 is a luxury motorhome making traveling and camping so comfortable. The Newmar Baystar is well built. If you want luxury and durability, this is the best choice. If you can find a used Newmar Baystar in great condition...buy it. It will hold it's value.
- Louann Haw, Maryland

2021-09-05 2020 Newmar Canyon Star 3927 View Listings

Newmar Class A Quality throughout. PLUS a garage for taking my Goldwing along. No need to trailer it. Sleeps up to 10 people, although about 4 of them should be children! Love the Truma tankless hot water heater! I have never run out of hot water during my shower while on full hookups. So nice indeed.
- Ken, Arizona

2021-09-01 2021 Newmar Bay Star 3401 View Listings

Our experience in this RV has been nothing short of extraordinary. The floor plan is like an Airbnb on wheels. We've cooked gourmet meals while enjoying local TV, DVRs and internet accessible streaming. The RV handles great and the tow experience is comfortable. This model looks great and is a cut above many of the coaches on the road. With COVID continuing to challenge travel in the U.S., having a comfortable Newmar Bay Star is the safest way to see America.
- Richard Douglas Talmo, California

2021-08-28 2016 Newmar Bay Star Sport 3404 View Listings

This is an excellent coach! I've never seen a better floor plan for the money. So spacious and drives like a dream. All the furnishings are so luxurious and there are more than enough storage areas both inside and underneath. Our family of five have traveled in this as well as just my wife and I and we have always been more than pleased with this coach.
- Don Woehrman, Missouri

2021-08-24 2018 Newmar Essex 4531 View Listings

it is an amazing coach without the prevost price tag newmar has been great to answer any questions we have had even being across the border i would buy one again 100% so many little details in the coach that you find as you use it make you appreciate it that much more
- mark goris, British Columbia

2021-08-15 2011 Newmar Bay Star 3302 View Listings

Looking at tons of use motorhomes, you can see and feel the difference in quality when you step into a Newmar. Everything looks new for so much longer. The first thing you notice is how much cooler it is in a Newmar...second thing is how quiet it is. Everything is so well built, so even 15 year old coach can look new.
- Patrick Riley, Texas

2021-08-14 2016 Newmar Ventana 4369 View Listings

Ordered it custom for us Ventana 4369 Still own in 2021 (2016 model year) Never been back to the dealer For any problem Only for service 2 nd Newmar for us Newmar builds the best coach for Money REC
- REC, Florida

2021-08-12 2017 Newmar Bay Star 3113 View Listings

The Newmar Bay Star motorcoach is a great value. High-end materials and workmanship make this brand stand out among the others. Factory support is among the best in the industry. My next coach will definitely be a Newmar.
- Jeffrey Simoneau, California

2021-08-08 2020 Newmar Bay Star Sport 2813 View Listings

We bought the referenced coach brand new, viewed only on the web. It was delivered to us by a third party delivery service, so no walk-through was done to address the deficiencies, which are many. IF we are able to get those warranty items addressed (still have not been able to make an appt), we would certainly be happy with this coach with few complaints. The main concern is drivability. The coach sways and is difficult to drive. Even after 6k miles. IMO, the chassis is too short for this model. Does anyone else experience similar issues, and what have you done to correct or otherwise address?
- Sandy Sather, Oregon

2021-07-25 2015 Newmar Ventana 4002 View Listings

We've owned a Newmar Ventana 4002 for 6 years now. We have had 2 other Class A motorhomes by different manufacturers and Newmar is absolutely the best. Spacious floorplan, extreme comfort and the quality of the Newmar is outstanding. We have had no issues or problems except for our outside TV that we broke. We would definitely recommend Newmar as one of the top Class A motor home manufacturers.
- Jackie Roberts, New Jersey

2021-07-24 2015 Newmar Ventana 4002 View Listings

We currently own a 2015 Newmar Ventana 4002 for 6 years. This motor home has been a blessing. Newmar is one of the top motor home manufacturers and has certainly stood up to it's good reputation. We have not had any problems at all with this unit. We previously owned 2 other brand motor homes and had nothing but problems with both. We finally upgraded to this Newmar Ventana 4002 and it was the best thing we ever did. We even lived in it for a month to test it for retirement full time living and it was perfect! Since we have owned 2 other motor homes that were not Newmar, we realize the quality of the Newmar motor home to be outstanding.
- Jackie Roberts, New Jersey

2021-07-22 2014 Newmar Ventana LE 3849 View Listings

I’ve had a wonderful 7 years with my first RV. It was a big diesel pusher and being a woman, it surprised many how easily I took the wheel, parked, set up, connected and disconnected my tow car. The Newmar Drive assist makes steering is easy, like driving a car. The interior has been so beautiful warm and homey, I just love traveling and seeing the US and finding parks and camps across this land. The lifestyle is wonderful when you have a beautiful RV to call home.
- Bev wieland, Missouri

2021-07-07 2004 Newmar Kountry Star 3126E View Listings

Having owned a gas driven motorhome before, it was a jump into the unknown to buy this motorhome at an RV show in Redmon, Oregon. The Dream was materialized 1000 times over. The USA, Mexico, and Canada were our go-to places. With our Jeep in tow, it was a piece of cake. The comforts of home were all there: Bathroom, shower, a sink and vanity for my wife, a washing machine, a kitchen, a dining room, A tv in the bedroom and in the living room. Our longest trip was to the Maritime Provinces! I hate to give it ewup. It is built to use. Don’t buy it and park it. Newmar is a quality company. This one was built in Napanee, Indiana. They have all the records. Keep your vin number handy when you call them. Their support staff has always been there for me and will be there for you, too. This is a must- see RV. You will love it.
- David Burriel, California

2021-06-30 2021 Newmar Bay Star Sport View Listings

We loved this RV. Just the right size, drives real easy. Towed Smart Car with no trouble. Very roomy and comfortable. Has microwave, gas stove, double sinks and lots of workable space. Quenn bed and huge closet in bedroom. Two TV's. Nice bath with shower. Large awning to enjoy the outdoors.
- Barbara A Mason, Florida

2021-06-30 2021 Newmar Bay Star Sport View Listings

We loved this RV. It was the perfect size. Very comfortable queen bed, nice kitchen. Easy to drive. Has 2 TV's. We are selling it because my husband has an eye condition and is not able to drive it any longer.
- Barbara A Mason, Florida