Newmar Reviews on RV Insider (292)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Newmar RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Chase Herbig from Florida says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2016 Newmar King Aire 4503 View Listings

Purchased a King Air. Had a problem with the wall slide as it was not level. It was like walking on the side of a hill. Newmar knew they had the problems but sent them to the dealer with the defect. The dealer I also believe knew about the defect. Also the wall slide had a large dent from the inside out. Somehow I over looked it when I purchased but noticed it when I picked up the RV. Newmar service manager told me to bring the rv in and they would adjust the wall slide once they get the parts in from a vendor. This took a month. I refused to drive the RV to dealer since it was a 10 hour round trip then the same to pick up. Newmar manager said they would split the fuel. I was shocked. I refused and after I got my wife involved he agreed. He sent a driver to pick up the RV and returned it but they were suppose to repair the dent at the same time. They didn't stating they didn't have the time so I told The Newmar manager to keep it another week. Didn't hear back from him but the driver called and said he's on the way to deliver my RV. I was surprised that the dent was not going to be repaired but I told them that he would need to return the RV for repairs at his cost. When I got the RV back a few items that I gave the dealer to repair were not done and they destroyed my screen door and scratched up my stainless interior door panel. I later contacted Newmar service manager and told him that he needed to have the RV Ickes up to have the Dent repaired and the other screw up. He said it would be at my cost. Unbelievable,, after fighting thru this he agreed to pay for half the fuel cost. I was in absolute disbelief that this guy is asking me to not only return the RV to the dealer but was negotiating fuel cost. Are we talking about $100 at best. I owned one Essex my first RV then went into owning three preowned Prevosts. I honestly believed that I would get not only a superior RV but the best manufacture and dealer service. To the contrary I was in such disbelief that I sold the RV after owning about 4 months. I was concerned that if Newmar would treat us like they did after just paying over $700,000 for a King Aire what's it going to be like if I had another problem. Newmar knew of the defective wall slide as The service manager told me that they could fix in the field and had to have the vendor make the part for the fix. I have told my story to many many friend that RV and they have stayed away from Newmar. Be careful reading all of these great reviews. Many are staged. RVers need to look at for each other. The manufactures are not regulated like the vehicle manufactures. They dealt with me in bad faith and consumers need to be aware. RVT. Please publish.
- Chase Herbig , Florida

2021-02-24 2005 Newmar Dutch Star 3810 View Listings

Newmar is by far the premium Class A motor coach. Cabinetry and construction is second to none. Even with the older coaches, Newmar tech support has been excellent. Have absolutely no complaints with our unit!
- Kevin Foster, Illinois

2021-02-06 2017 Newmar Essex 4519 View Listings

In your quest for a perfect coach I would rate the Newmar Essex one on the very top. Livability like a well appointed apartment. Driving like a luxury vehicle and very quiet. Towing, well, I towed a Jeep and really never knew I was towing a vehicle except when I looked in the camera screen and saw the Jeep. Quality was superb upon taking care of a few items the previous owner neglected. If you are seeking a coach for road travel this is it. Last, power is the ability to climb mountain roads in Colorado with a Jeep in tow and pass other RV's and trucks accelerating up hill.
- Thomas Lambert, Indiana

2021-02-03 2017 Newmar Essex 4519 View Listings

Absolutely a luxury and quality coach. Would love to keep the unit but can not due to wife's health. Traveled one major trip to Denver and found it is like driving a luxury auto. Has absolutely everything need to travel with extended stay. All components have been check and serviced.
- Thomas Lambert, Indiana

2021-02-02 2013 Newmar Dutch Star 4338 View Listings

I would advise against anyone buying Freightliner RV in my area and many areas of the country. I had warranty from buying used 7500 miles from Billy Lewis at eagle vision. Within 3000 miles broke down 3 times eagle vision and freightliner were worthless. Stranded on the side of the highway with clutch fan failure freightliner had the parts 50 miles away but would not allow me or a mechanic to will call, they wanted me to use a dealer 6 hours away which of course the warranty company laughed at....then the same type of issue a week later with alternator failure, warranty paid 500 out of 3500....and would not pay more during the entire cost of all breakdowns of 12,000.00 and many freightliner de as lers will not deal with any warranty and hate eagke vision. So no reason to have a warranty and freightliner has bad service they really don't want to work on motorhomes in most authorized repair centers. Lots of problems with engine to transmission electronics, turbo pipe, and other issues you also can not get a basic oil and filter change in many areas like where I live. OASIS repair centers are hard to find...the interior is great and most house systems ok but it drives like crap and was 448k new, creaks and moans and banging at 7500 miles...gas class drive a little worse but are more reliable.
- Sven, Washington

2021-01-29 2007 Newmar Dutch Star 4320 View Listings

We have owned this brand of RV for twelve years. Newmar makes a good, solid product. Have visited the factory service center and was treated professionally and with great courtesy. Maintenance was a tad pricey but great service and wouldn't hesitate to come back again. The coach we have — with a Spartan, tag axle chassis — drives like a dream. We added the Koni shocks and it now takes the bridge/highway transitions so much softer. Highly recommend them. We have very little to complain about with this coach. Only wish we lived a bit closer to the factory service center for routine maintenance. After 12 years, our coach still looks like new and nothing has fallen off of it or worn out except usual items like tires. You can't go wrong with a Newmar!
- Ron Wells, South Carolina

2021-01-14 2009 Newmar Dutch Aire 4085 View Listings

Amazing rare rv. Well built, real wood cabinets, solid mechine, barely had any issues. Very good size to weight ratio, most 40 foot rvs only have a 360 horsepower, this one has 425. Plenty of power. 4085 is a very nice floor plan with the bathroom accessible from the bedroom or from the front. Feels like a 2015 quality and finishes wise, you would never guess its a 2009. Great value for your money. Would highly reccomend if looking for a nice diesel pusher in the low 100k range.
- Caleb Byers, Florida

2021-01-14 2020 Newmar Bay Star 3014 View Listings

In October of 2020, my wife and I purchased a new Newmar Baystar. We went on a 3 week camping trip soon thereafter. Before leaving, I noted a clicking noise in the awning. The dealer informed me that the awning motor was bad. While I was away, the motor arrived. As soon as we completed our return home we took the motor home back to the dealer. This was on December 4. During the next week, the dealer called and indicated that the new motor was bad. They would need to order another one. About a week and a half later, the dealer retuned my call. Once again, the third motor now was bad. That was last week. Again, another motor was ordered. This was the third motor ordered. A couple of days ago, I called the service manager to find out the status on the last awning motor. She was unsure when the motor would arrive, but did inform me that their dealership had another Newmar with the same issue. Not only that, they had ordered 11 or 12 of these motors and all were bad. I have talked to Newmar until I am blue in the face. I asked them to send 2 or 3 motors at the same time. They refused. One of their reps did some research and found that the awning motor vendor had produced a bad batch of motors. Duh!!! I recommended that Newmar should find out when, where, and how many of these motors were built and have them recalled. The rep thought that sounded good, but did not suggest that he would pursue such a matter. This issue has been going on for 6 weeks now and my rv has been at the dealership during this time. After reading reviews on this website, however, I have discovered that even back in 2017 Newmar was having awning motor issues. One even indicated that it took two years to get the problem resolved. Evidently, like many corporations, Newmar seems only concerned about selling rather expensive motor homes, but really has no interest in resolving a very obvious problem. I would assume that a company with the reputation of Newmar would do what it needed to remedy a problem, even if they had to dump one vendor and find another. After all, customers are the people paying big bucks to drive motor homes, not the vendor who cannot produce an operable part, nor makes any attempt to correct the flaw in their design. This is unacceptable. My advice to future buyers of Newmar rvs is to check the awning and make sure it works before purchasing. If there is a problem, run like hell to escape a vehicle with long term problems.
- David, Colorado

2020-12-20 2001 Newmar Dutch Star 3891 View Listings

Wonderful motorhome everything made to last on any Newmar product. The drive-ability was the best on the DutchStar extra stable even in wind goes up hills like a billy goat just the best. Better turning radius too
- Skip Tomas, Florida

2020-12-18 2020 Newmar Canyon Star 3911 View Listings

Second 3911. Big mistake. First one was bad, this one is worse. Televator stuck halfway up, accordion door came off track, pocket door won't lock in place when traveling, headlight full of condensation, gauge on gray water tank won't read, bolt missing from driver's seat, awning won't close all the way, slides have to be adjusted ... Newmar did allow me to use a local rv repair shop for the work. But, it takes 3 weeks to get parts and those that do come are wrong.
- Frank, Louisiana

2020-12-17 2015 Newmar King Aire 4584 View Listings

Love love loved this RV. If you use it plan to maintain it. Few repairs will be needed but nothing major. Always impressive. Don’t settle for less. You’ll be glad you owned a KingIre. Newmar Cust service is the BEST!!!!!
- Jim, Kansas

2020-12-11 2019 Newmar Dutch Star 4018 View Listings

Should have walked away from this deal at the dealer. problems started when we took delivery. One heatpump and one toilet weren't working when we did out PDI. dealer assured us it would be fixed asap, after we took delivery that promise disappeared, spent the next day sitting in the waiting room only to be told they didn't have the parts and we needed to come back in 6 months. This was Holiday World in Katy tx. Drove unit to Jacksonville where they fixed the toilet and replaced the heatpump but didn't seat or tighten it so next rain we got the bedroom flooded. That was campers Inn in Jacksonville and they wouldn't even return my calls as water poured into my new coach. Newmar sent a mobile mech to fix the leak. before we got out of fl got the double check engine light and def warnings, Spartan passed me off to Coach.net and a week later a mobile tech showed up and replaced the def head. Took the unit straight to Napannee ind (factory service center) to get a multitude of issues fixed such as window shades not working awnings inop rain pouring in from the full wall slide. While we were there they noticed the engine was leaking oil, had to call cummings for that issue, it was the rear main seal, took 2 weeks in the shop to get that fixed. all this with less than 3,000 miles on a new coach. It's sitting in my driveway waiting for me to wonder where I want to breakdown next.
- Jeff Mason, Texas

2020-12-04 2011 Newmar Dutch Star 4034 View Listings

I've owned this coach for six years, bought it used and would buy a Newmar product again! It's well built,great options and excellent customer service from Newmar. This forty footer with comfort steering drives like a dream!
- batchiefwaddy, Nevada

2020-11-26 2020 Newmar Bay Star 3014 View Listings

Just bought a 2020 Newmar 3626. When the generator runs the slide out hardware rattles. Most disappointing of all is the horrible quality mattresses on the King Bed and pull out couch. I would expect this lack of quality on entry level trailer.
- Brian, Florida

2020-11-25 2019 Newmar Dutch Star 4002 View Listings

Bought new. Nothing but issues, although some expected while getting out the bugs there have been major problems and Newmar doesn’t have the staff, customer service hours, or customer friendly policies to resolve. 1) full wall slide won’t extend. We are now at 2nd shop because 1st shop refused to continue working with Newmar after waiting on hold for over 6 hours within 2 days. Newmar works 7am-4pm EST time which allows very little time to work with west coast shops. 2 months and still waiting for the problem to be diagnosed. You can’t get Newmar on the phone and their policy requires they be on every call with the 3rd party (HWH) and the repair shop. So days go by and nothing is happening because Newmar can’t get on the phone. How about scheduling calls instead of having them ad hoc! Poor and outdated business practices. 2)newmar management is nowhere to be found to help resolve the issues 3) poor customer service, lack of follow up, lack of “sorry you have an issue”, always an excuse 4) archaic customer service systems for tracking issues, it’s all done through email which is extremely inefficient 5) customer service hours do not support west coast hours The buyer profile is changing not all RV owners are retired and can spend hours, days, weeks, and now months trying to resolve issues. Full time work tends to get in the way. We will NEVER purchase a Newmar again. List of issues: -full wall slide doesn’t extend -bathroom window came detached while driving -exhaust tip fell off -rear driver brake light fell off -basement door latch broken -basement door latch opens while driving -front shade motor defective won’t consistently go up or down -refrigerator lock not installed took 2 months to receive, bungee cord until then -step slide cover defective and rattles can’t use -upholstery on passenger chair coming off -TV lift in living room not aligned with TV eye (too low) remote can’t find eye easily
- Kimberly Bennett, California

2020-11-21 2010 Newmar Ventana 4333 View Listings

WE are very pleased with our newmar products. We have had 2 5th wheels and 2 motorhomes. All were very good products and when we had a problem they were quite helpful. Driving the motor homes were a great pleasure. Seats are very comfortable to go long distances in a day. The ride was almost as nice as the big custom buses out there today. Both of our rigs had Spartan chassis with air ride suspension. Seatup has hwh hydralic leveling jacks with push button controls. We are only selling our coach because of health reasons.
- Mike Girton, Kansas

2020-11-13 2004 Newmar Kountry Star 3705 View Listings

This 04 Newmar was out first R.V we ever owned. We use it for our business in the summer months and our pleasure in the Fall/early Winter and Spring. We have fell in love with it. We have camped and traveled all over the Eastern part of the U.S. We have found ourselves living just as comfortable in this R.V as our house. It drives like a car. Me and my husband take turns driving and really enjoy traveling in it. I would rate the quality even thought it is a 04 with any other R.V on the market. Any problems that have arrived with it we have repaired with the best practices possible. Never a reman part we always go strictly new OEM Freightliner Parts for the Chassis and Newmar when possible for the Coach. You cannot go wrong with this R.V.
- Trisha Grass, Indiana

2020-11-09 2015 Newmar King Aire 4584 View Listings

We have owned this Newmar King Aire about 2 years. Little issues arise at times and Newmar’s customer service usually can help me figure out the problems. More times than not it’s pilot error. This coach has proven to be very reliable and trouble free. Rides like a dream and has great power. Amenities are awesome. Love the layout because there is a computer work area set up and with the dinette area no sinking bench seats. You can’t go wrong with a King Aire.
- Jim Wilson, Arizona

2020-11-08 2015 Newmar Bay Star Sport 2702 View Listings

This is a nice quality Newmar coach. It has a lot of features that most smaller units don't include. Perfectly comfortable for 2 people to vacation or full timing. After upgrading the heat pump to a 15000 BTU unit it cools nicely and the addition of a sunscreen windshield cover helped greatly. This is a lot of RV packed into a compact unit!
- John, Florida

2020-10-19 2017 Newmar Mountain Aire 4519 View Listings

Trading a Ventana LE for a Mountain Aire means a new coach with many more features and systems. Unfortunately my Mountain Aire was delivered by Independence RV of Orlando with no owners manuals! No where for me to go for explanations and/or instructions. Independence took this coach in for trade in June and sold it to me in October and in all that time said thy never noticed that it contained no owners manuals. And, no, Newgle is not a good substitute for no manuals. Be aware when you buy.
- George Young, Florida

2020-10-18 2016 Newmar Canyon Star 3953 View Listings

We have been in love w this coach from day one. Floor plan is perfect for us. We have had some small detailing issues that we did NOT have on our previous Newmar, 2006 Mountainaire. That said, they were adjusted immediately upon identification. Newmar customer Service is second to none. What has not been addressed is wiring issues. They have plagued us from day one and continue to this day. Our unit evidently was not wired according to the schematic for this unit. Once we began having problems it was not possible to fix because wires did NOT correspond to schematic. In defense of Newmar, they have offered to make it right at the factory but we must pay to make the trip there. Amid Covid, we have been unwilling to make the trip and then find some place to be during the day while they work on the unit.
- Shelley K Bossert, North Carolina

2020-10-03 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 3813 View Listings

I purchased this RV about 3 years ago and have taken 3 cross country trips with it. It handles very well, has good power on the road even when pulling a 24' trailer with a small car and a motorcycle in it. The coach is well appointed inside and out to make travel and living very comfortable. The slides are automatic at the push of a button. The large awning is electric with a wind sensor so you don't have to worry about leaving it out when you leave the coach. One of the best features of this coach is the king size bed that was special ordered from the factory. Very nice and comfy feature. After a title search on this vehicle it shows that it was never in an accident and there were no factory recalls. It also has a pull out tray that is accessible from either side. All the comforts of home away from home. I know of no problems with the coach and would be comfortable selling it to a family member or friend.
- Don, Arizona

2020-09-27 2008 Newmar Mountain Aire 4529 View Listings

We had searched for several months when we bought the 2008 Mountain Aire. The primary features that drove our decision were a livable floor plan with a living room tv (not a front overhead unit), 4 storage trays in the basement, sofa hidden Queen bed for guests, strong engine(450hp) and Comfort Drive. The mid-bath floor plan with dual vanity was a delight. We installed an LG residential refrigerator making the unit very livable for extended trips. It has been an exceptional coach. Over about 17 years we have owned 4 motor homes and the Newmar has been the best. The Oasis Hydronic System provides even heat and immediate hot water, with two 1200 watt anodes it operates on electric as well as it does on diesel. The 2000 watt inverter handles the demands of the whole coach well. We enjoy occasionally watching tv outside on cool fall evenings and the large automatic awning actually expands our living area outdoors.
- Rod Cleavelin, Oklahoma

2020-09-25 2013 Newmar Essex 4544 View Listings

You need to make appointments well in advance but once at Newmar their service department is fast, efficient, friendly, clean and you can count on them to treat you fairly. Having owned this coach, our 4th Motorhome I would put it up against any. It drives like a dream, smooth, so much so I have to remind myself to slow down it is not a car. Sets up in a few minutes and you are glamming in luxury.
- Dina Quinley, Missouri

2020-09-22 2005 Newmar Mountain Aire 3778 View Listings

We could not be happier with our Newmar. We have traveled about 50,000 miles towing a PT Cruiser, cross country twice and into Canada and all up and down the East coast. It is as comfortable as any automobile we have owned, handles easily. We have owned other rvs but Newmar is the best in its price range as far as we are concerned. The structure, design and workmanship cannot be beat.When we are at a campground for any length of time, we often say, this is all we need to live a happy life !! Even though it is a gas rig ( Chevy Workhorse, 8.1) we had no trouble with the Appalachian,Rocky or Cascade mountain ranges. A little slower going up some awesome roadways, but never a problem, even though we were towing.We averaged between 6.5 and 7.0 MPG. Don't think you can do much better.
- Don, North Carolina