Newmar RVs Reviews (193)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Newmar RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of these RVs.

Chase Herbig from Florida says:

Have you owned any Newmar RVs? Write a review

Voted Most Helpful Review 2016 Newmar King Aire 4503 View Listings

Purchased a King Air. Had a problem with the wall slide as it was not level. It was like walking on the side of a hill. Newmar knew they had the problems but sent them to the dealer with the defect. The dealer I also believe knew about the defect. Also the wall slide had a large dent from the inside out. Somehow I over looked it when I purchased but noticed it when I picked up the RV. Newmar service manager told me to bring the rv in and they would adjust the wall slide once they get the parts in from a vendor. This took a month. I refused to drive the RV to dealer since it was a 10 hour round trip then the same to pick up. Newmar manager said they would split the fuel. I was shocked. I refused and after I got my wife involved he agreed. He sent a driver to pick up the RV and returned it but they were suppose to repair the dent at the same time. They didn't stating they didn't have the time so I told The Newmar manager to keep it another week. Didn't hear back from him but the driver called and said he's on the way to deliver my RV. I was surprised that the dent was not going to be repaired but I told them that he would need to return the RV for repairs at his cost. When I got the RV back a few items that I gave the dealer to repair were not done and they destroyed my screen door and scratched up my stainless interior door panel. I later contacted Newmar service manager and told him that he needed to have the RV Ickes up to have the Dent repaired and the other screw up. He said it would be at my cost. Unbelievable,, after fighting thru this he agreed to pay for half the fuel cost. I was in absolute disbelief that this guy is asking me to not only return the RV to the dealer but was negotiating fuel cost. Are we talking about $100 at best. I owned one Essex my first RV then went into owning three preowned Prevosts. I honestly believed that I would get not only a superior RV but the best manufacture and dealer service. To the contrary I was in such disbelief that I sold the RV after owning about 4 months. I was concerned that if Newmar would treat us like they did after just paying over $700,000 for a King Aire what's it going to be like if I had another problem. Newmar knew of the defective wall slide as The service manager told me that they could fix in the field and had to have the vendor make the part for the fix. I have told my story to many many friend that RV and they have stayed away from Newmar. Be careful reading all of these great reviews. Many are staged. RVers need to look at for each other. The manufactures are not regulated like the vehicle manufactures. They dealt with me in bad faith and consumers need to be aware. RVT. Please publish.
- Chase Herbig , Florida

2019-06-06 2017 Newmar Bay Star 3401 View Listings

Newmar makes an excellent quality Class A. You first notice the remarkable full body paint job, then you enter the interior and find it to be more like a small condo than an RV. The craftsmanship is first rate throughout. Cabinetry is residential quality rather than RV/camper quality in most competing units. All spaces are well utilized. Excellent factory support! Love this motorhome.
- Mike Dzurko, California

2019-06-05 2017 Newmar Mountain Aire 4519 View Listings

My experience with this coach has been excellent. From the purchase process through the process of learning how everything on the coach works and the support from Newmar, I have no complaints. The driveability of the coach and the comfort once parked are so comfortable. Finally, the quality of the workmanship is outstanding. You can feel it the minute you enter the RV.
- Rick Hurley , Virginia

2019-06-04 2007 Newmar Kountry Star 3916 View Listings

We have really loved our Newmar Kountry Star it drives so easy, the floor plan on the 3916 is my favorite and the quality of the coach overall is excellent Every time we have had to call customer service or order a part everyone was so nice.
- Gale , Oklahoma

2019-06-02 2005 Newmar Essex 4503 Westminster View Listings

Our 2005 Newmar Essex has been a great 1st time RV for us. I’m so happy we did our due diligence on researching the kind we wanted to purchase. We’ve taken 2 long trips in it, Alaska & Florida. If our retirement plans hadn’t changed we would be keeping this beautiful coach.
- Tama, Washington

2019-05-30 2006 Newmar Dutch Star 4304 View Listings

Newmar corporation make great products stand behind him 110% love the 43 foot Dutcht Starr is my favorite we are getting another one 4369 Quality products used throughout the coach interior are top-quality !!!
- Wayne Paquette, Alberta

2019-05-26 2005 Newmar Kountry Star 3910 View Listings

Appreciate the high quality of the coach throughout the unit. The Spartan chassis is very nice to drive and feels very smooth going down the road. I consider Newmar to be at the top of the industry with Class units. This is their focus and it shows.
- Sylvan Eash, Indiana

2019-05-19 2015 Newmar Bay Star 3215 View Listings

I graduated from tents to pop up, to tag-along,to 5th wheel, and finally a motor home. We purchased with the intent of traveling at retirement. Honestly, at this point, I have no confidence in the reliability of this motor home or the components it’s made from. While most defects were eventually fixed, it was a real struggle to get Newmar step up to honor their obligations for a “quality product “. My problems started within 12 miles of driving it off the lot when the galley window shade fell out going down the road. I bought this unit new in May 2015, it went it the shop December 2015 and stayed until May 2016. Dealership is 280 mile round trip. I made one unnecessary trip during that time when I was told it was ready only to get there and found out the punch list was partially completed. The explanation was Newmar would not warranty the remainder of the punch list. Items addressed included; 2 storage doors replaced, most of the door assist lifts worked on, awning wind sensor replaced, 8 floor tiles replaced,galley window shade replaced, kitchen drawer closer replaced, roof screws resealed ( they were rusty, but that was not addressed!) and the leveling jacks had to be adjusted,they would not retract fully. They day I got it home, the relay for the bedroom slide failed. Within 3 weeks, the forward ac/hp failed and had to be replaced. Since then, the generator had the coils replaced with only maintenance hours ( maybe 7 or 8) on it. And just this week, as I was ready to pull out for a trip, the windshield power shade failed in the down position. And after arriving at my destination I find my windshield has popped out. While I’m glad others are having a good experience with their purchases, this has been a very disappointing and frustrating experience for me.
- Marc Culler, South Carolina

2019-05-16 2018 Newmar Ventana 3412 View Listings

We were actually amazed at the comfort of this 34' 10" coach. We came from a 37' 5 slide-out 5th wheel. The living and kitchen areas are very spacious and the bedroom and bathroom are perfectly adequate. The engine is plenty powerful enough and we don't even notice the toad we're pulling. The design and interior are gorgeous and with the options we have it is opulent. My only complaint is the warranty is too short - only 1 year. Newmar got a bad batch of LED ceiling lights and they have been failing since purchase - now out of warranty. Fortunately they are only $7 each and easy to replace. This coach is very easy to drive and handles exceptionally well in tight spaces. We get into smaller RV park spaces and out of tight gas stations easily.
- Richard Berry, Texas

2019-05-09 2002 Newmar Dutch Star 3852 View Listings

I have owned this unit for 13 years since 2006 and have travelled the continent a few times. In 2014 we did a year trip from BC to Prince Edward Island down the east coast to Florida across via New Orleans & Texas to California then up through Nevada, Oregon & Washington. We did have a few minor problems but it was nothing major. Mostly we travel to California & Arizona in the winter months but are sad to say that age & health issues are the reason we are selling. We have loved this layout and diesel the best out of the 3 Newmars that we have owned since 1993. Now we will cherish our memories and photos that we have accumulated since 1985 travelling through the states and northern Canada. We have just returned last month and it has had its annual checkup at Freightliner in Westbank with a few minor issues which have been addressed. We are sorry to let it go but it is time!!!
- Inga, British Columbia

2019-04-23 2006 Newmar Essex 4503 View Listings

My husband & I have owned several very nice coaches. The Essex has been by far the overall best. Luxury, comfort, ease of driving & set up on camp site. No worry about LP GAS. Total electric. Automatic push button operates most every component. My husband has back problems so the cafe basement doors are very easy for him. I really like the basement refrigerator/ freezer, provides extra space when needed & the built in central vacuum is a dream. Our friends liked our coach so much that they also bought an Essex.
- Patricia E. Frazier, Alabama

2019-04-13 2017 Newmar Bay Star 3401 View Listings

Feels more like a small condo than an RV. The quality and workmanship is 1st rate. We love the comfort and "feel" of the interior. The full wall slide gives us a lot of room and helps really open the interior up. The factory warranty support in the first year was top notch, Newmar cares about their customers. I'd highly recommend a Newmar coach to anyone who values real quality.
- Michael Dzurko, California

2019-03-26 2019 Newmar Bay Star Sport 3014 View Listings

This Newmar Bay Star, a 30'-11" gas unit was delivered the day after I selected it. I found nothing to fix at the walk thru. Found a couple of things that the dealer fixed the next day while I waited after the first trip. The next trips have been uneventful. This is so far above in quality from the 2017 Winnebago and 2018 Thor Hurricane I had previously that were full of issues, that its higher price still represents a far better value. Drives better. Is quieter. Cabinets are better and hardware works far better. Furniture and seats are superior and comfortable. Sure there are a few things I'd like to see different, but its just a far better coach. They just need more dealers and service centers. Likely the best layout in the 30' range. LOVE IT!
- Skip Harvey, California

2019-03-13 2015 Newmar Essex 4503 View Listings

Love everything about Newmar. They let their employees use their coaches plus ask input from owners to make this the most user friendly coach on the road. Every detail to quality from soft leather on furniture to the tight firing, easy close cabinetry to ceramic tile floor to open yet private floor plan. There is nothing I would change on this coach!
- Wendy, Texas

2019-03-07 2014 Newmar Ventana 4369 View Listings

We looked around for several months for the perfect RV for full time living and this is what we chose. We traveled around the county for a year and had 0 issues, so yes indeed this is a great class A diesel pusher
- Harald Hagen , Georgia

2019-03-05 2017 Newmar Dutch Star 4369 View Listings

Ok, the good, the bad and the ugly.... We custom ordered our coach. We have overall been very happy with it after almost 2 full years. We are also full timers, so that is a good bit of actual use. So, on with the issues! We are not really impressed with the Girard awnings. We have had 2 issues with them that seem to be continuous problems. The first is that the wind sensor (puts the awnings in when winds exceed a certain amount) is very temperamental and prone to not working (replaced 1 once, and just gave up after that). I attribute this to its location. It is fully in the area that gets deluged with water that runs off the awning. The second issue with the awnings are that they move from the proper storage position. They have an adjustment that allows you to set where they store and open to. But you can adjust this and a month later, your awning is again sticking out a half of an inch. Initially, one of our awnings also had a small tear in it. This was replaced under warranty. I think the tear was caused by the awning not stowing properly. On the good side, Girard has been great with the phone support when I have needed it. The Oasis water heater. It did not work when we first picked up our RV (found out after a 5 hour drive home). After disconnecting, reconnecting everything and seating cannon plug wires, it started working. I do not know why it had an issue, but it has worked since....maybe an improperly seated wire or something. We also had one of the Oasis water pumps (there are 3) go bad. Oasis customer service was great. I had a new pump and replaced it myself a day or 2 later at no cost. (Easier to do it myself than to drive it 75 minutes one way to the nearest service facility). We had some weird electrical stuff going on when we first drove our coach home. The dash lights were flickering, the lights under the bedroom slide were intermittent, and the baggage locks worked intermittently. Most of these issues resolved themselves (maybe a ground wire that just needed to ‘find itself’?). We still have an issue with the baggage locks though. The right side works fine, but sometimes the left side bays won’t work and I have to use a key to open them. And the wiring schematic for them is not on Newgle. ? The induction stove is crap. Our first one took 30 minutes to boil water (not an exaggeration, I timed it). I replaced that one thru warranty. The second one went bad after a few months. I got another one thru warranty. Now, I don’t even use it. We have a single burner hotplate that we bought that works great and I just set it on the counter. The True Induction brand seems to be garbage. We had a washing machine issue. I am writing about this because I saw that someone else had an issue too and they apparently had some heartburn over it. Newmar did not cover this. However, Whirlpool does. There is some kind of a contractual thing between the two and Newmar does not handle it, you have to go to Whirlpool. Whirlpool sent a repair guy to us and he checked it out to find out the issue. He had to order a part and did so. When the part came in, he came back, installed it and it has worked well ever since. No cost to us. We had a windshield issue. Short version: Our windshield cracked on its own while driving. No cars in front of us on an interstate. A second crack started while stopped at a rest stop. I think that there may have been an issue on how the window was installed that put it under tension. We went thru our local service facility who sent us to a local glass shop. They inspected it and determined that there were no rock chips that caused it. Newmar covered the complete cost of replacing the window (it was inside of our first year). The other major issue is the full length slide. My gut says that the slide is too heavy. On our next coach, we won’t get another full length slide. We had a problem with the slide being scraped by some brackets on the bottom. The repair was to install some slider plates in the scrape area. That caused (I think), some high points that in turn led to some tiles getting cracked. I do think that there may be more to the slide issue and we will find out soon. We are taking our coach into Newmar in April to get the slide looked at. We are past our 1 year warranty that covers everything, but it does seem to be a follow on to a previous problem. Newmar has said that they are going to cover the repairs. There have also been several smaller issues that I am not going to mention here in order to keep this review from being a book. These were dealt with under warranty. ? Overall, we love our coach and would get another Newmar product if we decide to replace the one we have. As I said, we are full timers, so it is seeing constant use (only about 10k miles though). I have had to deal with customer service from Newmar, Oasis, Girard, and True Induction. All of the customer service folks that I have dealt with have
- Robert Wesley, Louisiana

2019-03-03 2008 Newmar Kountry Star 3910 View Listings

Newmar makes outstanding motor coaches! Our 2008 Kountry Star has significant upgrades, including an electric 50 amp cord reel and an electric water hose reel - these two “extras” save me 5 minutes at both setup and tear down!
- Dr Joseph L Braden, Florida

2019-03-03 2006 Newmar Ventana 3936 View Listings

We've owned a few motor-homes A and C class. By far, the Newmar DP Ventana has been the best experience and investment we've made for travel. Plenty of room and rides smooth. Big Horn Wyoming a fast elevation increase hauling a toad is no problem. Ours is a Cat C7 330hp. Never an issue. From Arizona to Idaho, across country and down into the keys...its been worth the adventure and worth the ride.
- Michele and Ryan Jansen, Arizona

2019-02-15 2 Newmar Dutch Star 4095 View Listings

We have had this coach for 7 yrs and love it, I have done a lot to it but I am a machanic so that saved me a lot of money. We are thinking about upgrading to 4 slide outs and will definitely stay with a Dutch Star.
- Mark Wheatley , Kentucky

2019-02-13 2018 Newmar Dutch Star 4366 View Listings

Pick up coach in June had problems with tv,s ,interior lights,tank sensors, mldgs falling off,poor driving,called factory they did helped with repairs,but it was not easy or it was out of the 30 days. I think this was built on Monday or Friday l have owned 8 coaches 4 Newmar but if trade l will think about changing brand.
- Steve Bono, New York

2019-02-05 2006 Newmar Kountry Star 3910 View Listings

I have owned this coach for 6 years. Out of the 3 coaches I've owned in 25 years this is by far the best of the 3. It has a fantastic living area that is spacious and comfortable with all the comforts of home. It is well built and solid to last for many years. It would be a great fulltime RV. It has lots of storage inside and out with a full pass thru basement. It is built on a solid Spartan Mountian Master chassis that rides very comfortably. It handles very effortlessly with lot of power to spare from it's Cummins ISL engine and tows my 5000lb truck so well you don't know it was back there. Newmar is fantastic coach builder. When I called them to register myself as the owner I was treated like family. They are always there for customer support. I do most of my own maintenance and with the side radiator it make it easy for the DIY person. I have had only a few problems but they were very minor. All in all I give it a 4 1/2 stars for a mid range diesel pusher.
- Craig, California

2019-02-01 2008 Newmar Kountry Star 3910 View Listings

Great 40-foot diesel pusher, with a layout including improvements with Flat LED TV, leather couch, large king bed, with washer/dryer combo. 4 slideouts, outside awnings, electric, and many more extra storage, outside TV,
- Michael Halprin, Nevada

2019-01-25 2010 Newmar Canyon Star 3920 View Listings

This is my first class A toy hauler. Coach has 22,000 miles on it and the leveling system broke. I have a hard time trying to find someone to fix it. Dealer was no help at all in giving advise. A/c in rear is not big enough to cool on a hot summer day. Generator isn’t big enough to run everything!
- Andy Cooper, Virginia

2019-01-23 2006 Newmar Mountain Aire 4304 View Listings

Very Solid coach, great quality and no problems. Family of 5 travelled very comfortably. Spartan Chassis and tag axle dream to drive, cummins engine more than enough giddy up to pass 18 wheelers on any hill.
- Rob Piersielak, New York

2019-01-20 2018 Newmar Ventana 4049 View Listings

Having driven 40' diesel pushers, smaller class C gassers, and pulling a few towables, the sprinter-based RVs are by far the easiest and most comfortable to maneuver around town and flying down the highway. The tradeoff with the comfortable cruise is obviously the living space - which can feel small, especially if it's raining outside. It has what you need to cook, eat, and sleep comfortably just about anywhere - but plan your trips for enjoying the outdoors, and not just hanging out in the RV.
- Anders, California