Newmar

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Newmar RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Chase Herbig from Florida says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2016 Newmar King Aire 4503 View Listings

Purchased a King Air. Had a problem with the wall slide as it was not level. It was like walking on the side of a hill. Newmar knew they had the problems but sent them to the dealer with the defect. The dealer I also believe knew about the defect. Also the wall slide had a large dent from the inside out. Somehow I over looked it when I purchased but noticed it when I picked up the RV. Newmar service manager told me to bring the rv in and they would adjust the wall slide once they get the parts in from a vendor. This took a month. I refused to drive the RV to dealer since it was a 10 hour round trip then the same to pick up. Newmar manager said they would split the fuel. I was shocked. I refused and after I got my wife involved he agreed. He sent a driver to pick up the RV and returned it but they were suppose to repair the dent at the same time. They didn't stating they didn't have the time so I told The Newmar manager to keep it another week. Didn't hear back from him but the driver called and said he's on the way to deliver my RV. I was surprised that the dent was not going to be repaired but I told them that he would need to return the RV for repairs at his cost. When I got the RV back a few items that I gave the dealer to repair were not done and they destroyed my screen door and scratched up my stainless interior door panel. I later contacted Newmar service manager and told him that he needed to have the RV Ickes up to have the Dent repaired and the other screw up. He said it would be at my cost. Unbelievable,, after fighting thru this he agreed to pay for half the fuel cost. I was in absolute disbelief that this guy is asking me to not only return the RV to the dealer but was negotiating fuel cost. Are we talking about $100 at best. I owned one Essex my first RV then went into owning three preowned Prevosts. I honestly believed that I would get not only a superior RV but the best manufacture and dealer service. To the contrary I was in such disbelief that I sold the RV after owning about 4 months. I was concerned that if Newmar would treat us like they did after just paying over $700,000 for a King Aire what's it going to be like if I had another problem. Newmar knew of the defective wall slide as The service manager told me that they could fix in the field and had to have the vendor make the part for the fix. I have told my story to many many friend that RV and they have stayed away from Newmar. Be careful reading all of these great reviews. Many are staged. RVers need to look at for each other. The manufactures are not regulated like the vehicle manufactures. They dealt with me in bad faith and consumers need to be aware. RVT. Please publish.
- Chase Herbig , Florida

2021-07-25 2015 Newmar Ventana 4002 View Listings

We've owned a Newmar Ventana 4002 for 6 years now. We have had 2 other Class A motorhomes by different manufacturers and Newmar is absolutely the best. Spacious floorplan, extreme comfort and the quality of the Newmar is outstanding. We have had no issues or problems except for our outside TV that we broke. We would definitely recommend Newmar as one of the top Class A motor home manufacturers.
- Jackie Roberts, New Jersey

2021-07-24 2015 Newmar Ventana 4002 View Listings

We currently own a 2015 Newmar Ventana 4002 for 6 years. This motor home has been a blessing. Newmar is one of the top motor home manufacturers and has certainly stood up to it's good reputation. We have not had any problems at all with this unit. We previously owned 2 other brand motor homes and had nothing but problems with both. We finally upgraded to this Newmar Ventana 4002 and it was the best thing we ever did. We even lived in it for a month to test it for retirement full time living and it was perfect! Since we have owned 2 other motor homes that were not Newmar, we realize the quality of the Newmar motor home to be outstanding.
- Jackie Roberts, New Jersey

2021-07-22 2014 Newmar Ventana LE 3849 View Listings

I’ve had a wonderful 7 years with my first RV. It was a big diesel pusher and being a woman, it surprised many how easily I took the wheel, parked, set up, connected and disconnected my tow car. The Newmar Drive assist makes steering is easy, like driving a car. The interior has been so beautiful warm and homey, I just love traveling and seeing the US and finding parks and camps across this land. The lifestyle is wonderful when you have a beautiful RV to call home.
- Bev wieland, Missouri

2021-06-18 2019 Newmar Bay Star Sport 3226 View Listings

Overall we like the rig. Has nice features like Corian counter tops, large shower, king size bed. We had problems with the levelers and step. Had to replace the gears and motor in these units only after a few trips for about $2,600. There are some improvements that Newmar could make. Ward doors are too big and hard to get into the wardrobe. A double door or sliding door would be better. With the unit closed, it is really hard to get into the bathroom. A pocket door would solve that problem. Trying to unlock the kitchen slide out is really difficult. I get all cut up when I reach in to unlock the slide. The tool they give you is difficult to get in the small opening with the slide in. Location of the navigation is both horrible and dangerous. You have to take your eyes off the road to read it. I use a Garmin that I can set on the dash directly in front of me. It is much safer. The cheap plastic drawer latches are garbage. Have replaced then with magnetic latches. Now the good stuff. Drives very well. I tow a small car and you don't even know it is there. The sofa and captains chairs are comfortable and high quality. The dual heat pumps work very well even in Arizona heat. We travel with 3 small dogs and I made a gate that attaches to the wooden banister to keep them from getting out when we are parked. I also made some wardrobe shelves since you can't get into the drawers with the bed slide-out in. I also added some marine cup holders by each side of the sofa since there was no place to put your drinks. Overall a good unit.
- Gary Smith, Arizona

2021-06-18 2000 Newmar Dutch Star 3858 View Listings

We have enjoyed this Dutch Star immensely. Floor plan is suits us n our daughters family of four very well. Queen walk around master with plenty of clothes storage n hanging area x 4. Queen fold out couch is very easy to set up n take down. Rocker recliner swivels n is comfortable for reading at length. Driver n passenger front luxury seating is electric n so gentle on our old bones 🤪. One super slide makes the living room very large. The engine is quiet n efficient at 9-11 mpg. Fully loaded towing a trailer with our suv on it. We have always used the best filters (Donaldson n Amsoil) n amsoil 100 % synthetic fluids threw out. New AC’s are very cool 😎. Self leveling is a must we never take for granted New tires ride great. The Spartan Mtn master chassis is one of the best options we have for ride n steering. 115gl water tank n 100gl diesel fill either side are advantages we support for any RV. Needless to say we have enjoyed this coach for many years n we are only parting with it because of my sight failing It’s been a great ride. Time to move on. Mike
- Mike Spangler, Montana

2021-06-12 2019 Newmar Dutch Star 4369 View Listings

With a full super slide of one side and two slides on the left side you have lots of room. I'm 6'5 and I feel very comfortable in this unit. Having any problems with this unit and with the extended warranty we have a piece of mine also with it. It has all the bells and whistles that you could ever want. Very fun to drive also.
- Joseph W Gustin, Michigan

2021-05-23 2017 Newmar Dutch Star 4018 View Listings

We absolutely love our Dutch Star! The Comfort Steer makes it so easy to drive and the quality is top notch! We also love the emergency exit in the bathroom as well as the tag axle on the 40 footer.
- Marti Shoenfelt, Ohio

2021-05-18 2017 Newmar Ventana 3436 View Listings

Perhaps the biggest obstacle for my husband and I was the fact that we are both quite tall. Therefore the queen bed was too small for us as was the dinette legroom. He loved driving the rig. Very comfortable. The storage was great.
- Robin , Florida

2021-05-16 2016 Newmar Ventana 4369 View Listings

The Ventana 4369 is the 2nd Newmar Diesel Pusher we've owned. Every aspect of owning a Newmar is great. In almost 4 years, we've never had the coach in the shop for anything except maintenance service. The questions we have had are always welcome from the factory in Nappanee and they always are correct. Pulling into new places where other Newmar owners are there is like seeing old friends. When we get ready for a smaller motorhome, we'll get another Newmar.
- Lisa M Leonard, Arizona

2021-04-30 2019 Newmar Bay Star Sport 3008 View Listings

Great looking perfect size only problem everything keeps breaking... refrigerator stopped working took a major act to get it in and the control unit to be replaced. After one shower the hot water stopped working (it is at dealer now - they don’t know when it will be finished), warranty work is a joke... this is my 4th RV and maintenance ranks up there with Camping World... the shades/blinds are not attached because the bottom that attaches to bottom of window are too big... windows in front cab whistle and rattle going down road (maintenace said I quote “what do you expect, it’s a box on a truck chassis!”). Unfortunately, I bought or fell for buying maintenance plan and I get more response from homeless than I do from maintenance support. And OBTW the guy at the number Newmar has on the line “24/7” said buy a cooler or a dorm frig to replace the one in the unit! My recommendation is buy cheap and save yourself money, because the more cash you spend you still get poor quality and workmanship and god awful Maintenance support.
- Tracy, South Carolina

2021-04-20 2000 Newmar Dutch Star 3858 View Listings

Our 2000 Dutch Star has been a pleasure to own. It is not too long at 38' but has all the comforts and storage needed for long term use. My husband felt a second opposing slide would have made a big difference but I did not feel the same. It has been reliable for over 70,000 miles we put onto the 90,000 miles it already had. Costs for upkeep and repairs has been minimal compared to other R.V.'s
- Nina Rose, Oregon

2021-04-15 2007 Newmar Mountain Aire 4523 View Listings

Horrible, horrible photos. Can someone take photos that are crystal clear so you can zoom in on them? Can't see the mileage (blurry photos) Engine and generator photos need to be included and the generator should be shown installed and then slid out. Thanks
- Pat Johnson, Georgia

2021-04-05 2014 Newmar Canyon Star 3911 View Listings

This review is for RV Insider itself. The r. Aboce is disguised.. Horrible service as I have contacted them 7 times for help on a review, crickets, no reply. I have retaliation for a review I made and want rv insider to help me remove or edit and they refuse to help.
- Jack, Washington

2021-04-03 2016 Newmar Dutch Star 4369 View Listings

We will never buy Newmar again since we don't love service lounges. We full timed for 4 years in a 2016 Dutch Star. The first year we spent 2 months in service while living in it. By the end of the fourth year we spent almost 5 months in service because of over 120 repair items. Even though they offer tech support during limited hours during the week, good luck getting someone to call after hours, the service techs frequently gave bad advice and struggled to timely get us into service facilities under warranty. They became useless after warranty expired. Extended warranty by Cornerstone was a joke on us, always denied a claim, never should have bought it. Big stuff like: side radiator gear box went out twice, AC unit failed, needed a new one, 2 slides leaked (lack of sealant inside the slide from production) causing severe damage to cabinets, steering gearbox failed, full wall slide sagged requiring additional support and replacement of broken tiles, Oasis system 2 pumps failed, 3 full wall hydraulic pumps had to be replaced (slide cheeped out while driving, then new pump leaked after they replace wrong pump), furniture replaced because the fake leather cracked, 5 television sets mostly for unknown reasons, refrigerator failed, televator replaced, door step electric cover broke, door latch broke twice, Oasis fluid leaks, power steering fluid leaks, 2 leaks to the Freightliner air system (requiring them to cut out the diesel tank to get at the air reservoir), Winegard over the air and satellite antennas both replaced, 3 outside decorative trim pieces just fell off from lack of adequate silicone, silicone caulking around entire outside separated from the paint, diamond shield on front bubbled and separated (no we don't allow power washers to be used on the coach). But it was the small stuff from lack of quality at Newmar production and components that just accumulated that were the most annoying; like toilet electric switch failed, tiles cracked, inside trim separated from walls, wall paper came off, power reel replaced, cable to TV failed, bay door actuator failed, loose fuse box connection, dry climates the wood shrinks exposing unstained wood, wood stain wore off around door knobs, numerous drawer latches had to be replaced. As most RVers know, its the phone calls, troubleshooting, rerouting, scheduling, and fighting about what was warranty and how long it takes to fix something is the biggest headache. We did our part making sure we followed all the service requirements and self maintenance of the coach. For a Class A costing over $420,000 MSRP, this was our mistake for buying it, believing we were getting "Newmar quality" for the price. Selling it was one of the happiest days of our lives. If RV manufacturers profit/cost cutting measure is to increase production but to fix problems post production, then they should be offering 2-3 year full warranties for time to fix all the production and component failures. It was impossible to schedule enough service appointments in the first year to fix all the issues we encountered. Many Newmar service centers required at least 3-4 months to schedule and mobile repair can only do so much. The only positive regarding repairs was the Newmar service in Nappanee, Indiana. Have to schedule months in advance, but at least they have the parts and knowledge to repair quickly unlike most RV dealer service centers.
- Steve, Florida

2021-04-01 2021 Newmar Baystar Sport 3408 View Listings

I advise you not to buy a Newmar. Quality is poor! The bed broke after second trip, after one person of 140 pounds slept on it. Also, on second trip the battery burned and was smoking as we drove. Hood release was broken so we couldn’t get at the burning battery. This was a safety hazard!! After purchase, the day we went to pick up the rv , the refrigerator needed replacing and automatic front windshield shade didn’t work. Also wind sensor on awning didn’t work. Newmar provides phone support but you can’t get any Newmar dealership to fix broken items for weeks. We bought a brand new Newmar and had to sleep on the floor on a trip due to poor quality bed that broke. We were expecting better quality otherwise we would not have bought a Newmar. This rv brand is NOT what is advertised in terms of quality except for the cabinetry!!
- Terry Tuerney, South Carolina

2021-03-29 2020 Newmar Ventana 4369 View Listings

I like everything, but the light switches and the wife said that killed the deal.You need a magnifying glass just to read them.I really liked the color scheme inside and out.Large shower is just what we were looking for.
- Kenneth Dye, Illinois

2021-03-22 2003 Newmar Scottsdale 37DS View Listings

We really enjoyed this RV we spent the summer in michigan when I got home got a job offer I couldn't refuse now no time for it and don't want to see itnot used so selling it.So if you want a nice RV Motor home look at this one
- Daniel Tilleman, Florida

2021-03-04 2013 Newmar Bay Star 3302 View Listings

I am fully satisfied with a Newmar Motorhome. Since I purchased it used I have had all the tires replaced and have had a proper wheel alignment done. Can drive at all speeds with no problem and hookups are a breeze.
- Paul Rottau, South Carolina

2021-03-04 2016 Newmar Canyon Star 3710 View Listings

We purchased our 2016 Canyon Star 3710 new and have driven it approx 25,000 miles. 5 years later we are very happy with our purchase. It has been extremely reliable. Our only issues have been replacing one toilet and glueing back some corner trim pieces that came loose in the California desert heat. The coach structure and Ford F-53 26k chassis have have had no issues. We have driven thru the Sierras and the Cascades with ease. It does slow down at altitude but nothing that concerns us. It tows our Jeep Patriot easily. We did update the suspension with Koni FSD shocks and bigger anti-sway bars which made it ride smoother and handle better. We love the L-shaped sofa and the second half-bath comes in handy when we take the grandkids with us. Our only wish would be for a 3rd slide to create more space in the living room.
- Larry McEwen, California

2021-03-02 2012 Newmar Mountain Aire 4330 View Listings

Très satisfaite du service Newmar ,toujours la pour aider même avec difficulté de Communiquer en français tous les réparations ou achats de chez Newmar direct sont très bien! Très facile à conduire avec le comfort Drive j! J’aimerais un autre Newmar
- Mélanie Harvey, Quebec

2021-02-25 2014 Newmar King Aire 4593 View Listings

Very nice coach . Had a Essex before this coach. Newmar has very good quality but Had little things that should not happen on this expensive of a coach. North trail did not honor there warranty at the end Very disappointed with the way they handled some issues Overall super nice and drives great
- Tommy, Florida

2021-02-24 2005 Newmar Dutch Star 3810 View Listings

Newmar is by far the premium Class A motor coach. Cabinetry and construction is second to none. Even with the older coaches, Newmar tech support has been excellent. Have absolutely no complaints with our unit!
- Kevin Foster, Illinois

2021-02-06 2017 Newmar Essex 4519 View Listings

In your quest for a perfect coach I would rate the Newmar Essex one on the very top. Livability like a well appointed apartment. Driving like a luxury vehicle and very quiet. Towing, well, I towed a Jeep and really never knew I was towing a vehicle except when I looked in the camera screen and saw the Jeep. Quality was superb upon taking care of a few items the previous owner neglected. If you are seeking a coach for road travel this is it. Last, power is the ability to climb mountain roads in Colorado with a Jeep in tow and pass other RV's and trucks accelerating up hill.
- Thomas Lambert, Indiana

2021-02-03 2017 Newmar Essex 4519 View Listings

Absolutely a luxury and quality coach. Would love to keep the unit but can not due to wife's health. Traveled one major trip to Denver and found it is like driving a luxury auto. Has absolutely everything need to travel with extended stay. All components have been check and serviced.
- Thomas Lambert, Indiana