Newmar Reviews on RV Insider (237)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Newmar RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Chase Herbig from Florida says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2016 Newmar King Aire 4503 View Listings

Purchased a King Air. Had a problem with the wall slide as it was not level. It was like walking on the side of a hill. Newmar knew they had the problems but sent them to the dealer with the defect. The dealer I also believe knew about the defect. Also the wall slide had a large dent from the inside out. Somehow I over looked it when I purchased but noticed it when I picked up the RV. Newmar service manager told me to bring the rv in and they would adjust the wall slide once they get the parts in from a vendor. This took a month. I refused to drive the RV to dealer since it was a 10 hour round trip then the same to pick up. Newmar manager said they would split the fuel. I was shocked. I refused and after I got my wife involved he agreed. He sent a driver to pick up the RV and returned it but they were suppose to repair the dent at the same time. They didn't stating they didn't have the time so I told The Newmar manager to keep it another week. Didn't hear back from him but the driver called and said he's on the way to deliver my RV. I was surprised that the dent was not going to be repaired but I told them that he would need to return the RV for repairs at his cost. When I got the RV back a few items that I gave the dealer to repair were not done and they destroyed my screen door and scratched up my stainless interior door panel. I later contacted Newmar service manager and told him that he needed to have the RV Ickes up to have the Dent repaired and the other screw up. He said it would be at my cost. Unbelievable,, after fighting thru this he agreed to pay for half the fuel cost. I was in absolute disbelief that this guy is asking me to not only return the RV to the dealer but was negotiating fuel cost. Are we talking about $100 at best. I owned one Essex my first RV then went into owning three preowned Prevosts. I honestly believed that I would get not only a superior RV but the best manufacture and dealer service. To the contrary I was in such disbelief that I sold the RV after owning about 4 months. I was concerned that if Newmar would treat us like they did after just paying over $700,000 for a King Aire what's it going to be like if I had another problem. Newmar knew of the defective wall slide as The service manager told me that they could fix in the field and had to have the vendor make the part for the fix. I have told my story to many many friend that RV and they have stayed away from Newmar. Be careful reading all of these great reviews. Many are staged. RVers need to look at for each other. The manufactures are not regulated like the vehicle manufactures. They dealt with me in bad faith and consumers need to be aware. RVT. Please publish.
- Chase Herbig , Florida

2020-03-18 2005 Newmar Mountain Aire 3783 View Listings

Quality even at this age of the coach not one thing wrong, it’s built to last, I can’t say enough. I did have to add stabilizer to improve driving. I would highly recommend this manufacturer and this coach
- Christine Nixon, Florida

2020-03-16 2005 Newmar Scottsdale 3201 View Listings

I love my newmar coach I have the 2005 scottsdale model strong motor great transmission mine has the cherry cabinets very well built through the whole coach I have lived in mine for 4 years and love it .fantastic company and it drives so nice very fun to drive
- Tracy , Nevada

2020-03-15 2017 Newmar Bay Star 3401 View Listings

We had several problems with the electric awning and annoying squeaks. Got thise worked iut after 2 years. Also with the drawer latches breaking (6). But the worst problem was the Dura shield on the front if the coach. It discolored and mildewed within a year. It may be the worst product ever made. I would never buy another motorhome with this on the front. It makes your brand new motorhome look like a garbage truck in less than a year. Much easier to touch up the chips than spend 100 hours or 1200 dollars to remove this horrible product. I would not accept a Newmar from a dealer if it has this on the front. The rest of the rv us perfect.
- Mike, Georgia

2020-02-29 2005 Newmar Mountain Aire 4018 View Listings

I own a Mountain Aire and we have had problems with a lot of the functionality of the unit. 1. Drive train was also a little off and would sift oddly in high terrain. 2. Engine seems to be over working with towing to the point that we would stop and let it cool before embarking on uneven roads. 3.The electronics were okay, but some of the string lights would go out and the entire line would need to be replaced. 4. The leather was always wrinkling causing aesthetic issues. 5. The cabinet doors were great and held up well but the cabinets themselves were extremely thin and have no strength to them.
- Cade Gibson, Indiana

2020-02-12 2014 Newmar Ventana LE 3436 View Listings

We have loved this unit. It has been fun to drive and traveling is easy. We are looking for a bigger unit. That is the ONLY reason we are looking to sell it. It has been stored indoors when not in use. We have not had any major issues with the unit.
- Keith, Texas

2020-02-11 2003 Newmar Dutch Star 4004 View Listings

This coach has been a pleasure to own, drive and live in. Quality has been fantastic. Enjoyable for short or long trips. Recommend for anyone looking for a long term investment in a quality coach with great features including factory replaced roof, ceiling, HVAC units and LED lighting throughout.
- Teresa Brammer, Alabama

2020-02-10 2008 Newmar Mountain Aire 4528 View Listings

We have owned many RV's over the years, this Newmar Mountain Aire far exceeds any of the others! The ride feels like your floating, having the half bath for guest is a huge bonus! the interior seems to be timeless. This one is a beauty and has been cared for like a baby!
- Kimberly Walker, Florida

2020-02-10 2019 Newmar New Aire 3345 View Listings

Very unreliable, slams on the breaks with nothing but clear road ahead. Siliverleaf system is not for this coach, cannot make it work. Staples were not removed and cut myself and wood has been damaged.
- CJ Bitker, Minnesota

2020-01-31 2007 Newmar Dutch Star 4304 View Listings

It was a great experience all round for 13 years . This is our 3rd big motor home but it’s time for a change after 20 years of motor home travel. Newmar has an excellent product and they look after us very well.
- Richard swenson, California

2020-01-26 2001 Newmar Dutch Star 3858 View Listings

Excellent RV, our coach has many updates including tires, complete new roof, all new batteries, refrigerator. Coach and generator have been serviced annually with all filters changed except the air filter, which was replaced this year. Just looking for more room.
- Lee, North Dakota

2020-01-23 2016 Newmar Ventana 3709 View Listings

Newmar is one of the best Coaches made and the 3709 is a great floor plan with 1 and 1/2 baths and when open it is a Fantastic layout! Outside TV and stereo plus easy access to electric outlets make outdoor setup easy and comfortable.2016-2019 Ventana has a new look with Updated Front and Rear Caps and Graphics. This model is available with many upgrades that gives it all the Luxuries of the million dollar RV's
- Jim Newcomb, Florida

2020-01-20 2005 Newmar Northern Star 3933 View Listings

I had three Class A motorhomes, One gas and two diesels. Both diesels were Newmars. I found Newmars to be a quality product and the support folks in Nappanee Indiana they build a great product. Northern Star was only built in 2004 and 2005, it has higher ceilings then most Class A motorhomes and with four slides it is very roomy. I have found this unit to need minimum maintenance and service costs less that my last model.
- Ron, Georgia

2020-01-19 2020 Newmar Ventana 4037 View Listings

This is our 4th Newmar (Bay Star, Canyon Star, Ventana) and now another Ventana. Canyon Star (gas) at 40 feet just didn’t have enough power for our needs. Had a few minor problems but all fixed on the rigs but we have talked to lots of folks over the last 15 years on the road and every brand has their share of problems. There is not a brand out there without issues. Some are production problems, some like a/c units are model problems and some are definitely owner caused problems. We have not had problems with getting it serviced but we did have a service writer that did not listen to us (twice,)but you will find that anywhere. Yes, next one will probably be a Newmar unless Winnebago management ruins the company. Yes, we have friends that swear by their Winnebago Horizons and others that swear at them!
- Keith Moes, Oregon

2019-12-26 2003 Newmar Dutch Star 3803 View Listings

This was our first Motorhome. We chose to purchase an older unit in July of 2016. We loved the lifestyle. Newmar stills has parts for this older model and I can get someone pleasant on the phone to help us every time. Real Wood interiors and you can tell the quality. The 330 Cat and Onan 7500 Generator provide ample power for all our needs. Love the Newmar Brand.
- Bill Semple, Florida

2019-12-22 2001 Newmar Mountain Aire 4095 View Listings

We have truly enjoyed our time in this rv it handles and drives great and is a quality coach with all of the bells and whistles even though it is an older model we have completely updated the inside and everything is in working order. We are ready to retire from traveling. This unit will make someone a beautiful motorhome with lots of miles left in her. Great quality interior without the new price.
- Ron Carman , Florida

2019-12-19 2014 Newmar Mountain Aire 4369 View Listings

This is our second motor home, our first was a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 4015. We discovered what we liked and didn't like about the floor plan and that's why we had decided on the layout of the 4369 with the large bathroom in the back. The 4369 has a bath and a half but the half bath is on the small side for being a half bath. Ton's of storage and cabinet space in bedroom and bath but not as much storage in the kitchen area as the older Dutch Star, part of the loss in space is due to having a full wall slide as we lost the bar/cabinet area that was permanent in the Dutch Star. When the slides are open there is a plenty of space. I would recommend the couch recliner or separate recliners instead of the couch with the inflatable mattress. We are replacing our couch for comfort reasons when watching TV. We have had to do some minor repairs but that is common with all motor homes that travel down the highway at 65 mph. Newmar is excellent to work with although their parts pricing in on the high side. I suggest that if you need parts try and locate them from the original vendor if possible as it will save you money but understand Newmar is in business to make a profit. The Mountain Aire is a pleasure to drive and much quieter than the Dutch Star but part of that may be to the age difference in the two. The only negative I have is that the 450 HP in the 2014 doesn't seem to have near the power the 370 HP in the Dutch Star had. The differences I can see is that the 40' Dutch Star weighed less and it had a pre-emission (no DEF) engine, it will out pull the 450 on a hill anytime but both are about equal on fuel mileage pulling our 4 door Jeep Wrangler on level ground at about 7 mpg. We initially were looking at Dutch Stars but found the the Mountain Aire was classier looking and perhaps built a little better hence costing more. We had set a budget of what we wanted to spend and went over when we moved up to the Mountain Aire but looking back have no regrets. When we start looking to move up in years most likely it will be for another Mountain Aire.
- Gregg Daly, Missouri

2019-11-30 2014 Newmar Essex 4553 View Listings

I have owned 6 coaches. 2 Monacos (Diplomat & Windsor), 1 American (Tradition), and 3 Newmars (Dutch Star, Mountain Aire & Essex). They are all good coaches. The Essex is the by far the superior in all categories (chassis, electronics, driving comfort, etc).
- Schelly D Doise, Louisiana

2019-11-24 2003 Newmar Dutch Star 3803 View Listings

This was our first RV. We read the "Blogs" and talked to other RV Owners. We looked for a used Tiffin, Monoco or Newmar. Being first time owners, we had no idea what our preferences were but project one was to get the "old" smell out of this 14 year old coach. During our first year we stopped at the Newmar Factory to check it out. They treated us the same as a new owner taking delivery. A nice gentlemen showed us how to locate parts and we purchased all kinds of little parts and pieces from these bins that renewed handles, lights, switches. We've noticed this coach is very well insulated both for temperature and noise. I've been in other coaches and you can easily hear your neighbors conversation next door. We are totally sold on this brand and are actively looking for a newer Newmar.
- Bill Semple, Florida

2019-11-24 2018 Newmar Canyon Star 3911 View Listings

I'll make it short. Had it for 2 years. Goes into shop after every trip, not for the same problem. Neighbors think I rent it. One other thing. Washer, dryer and fridge are Whirpool. If you have a problem and call Whirlpool they say their products are not made for RV's and Newmar is no help
- Frank Campo, Louisiana

2019-11-07 2019 Newmar Dutch Star 4369 View Listings

Purchased first of Feb. 2019 New Since then I have had use of unit for a total of 6 weeks. The rest of the time was having warranty work preformed. currently as of today it has been in the shop for the last month for replacement of the front ram for the 30' slide-out wall. November 7, 2019. this takes my Warranty down to an effective 3-1/2 months since so far the rest of the time it has been in the shop. I paid a $50.00 service call for a warranty issue. Sent Bill and receipt to Newmar and they sent me $10.00 back. In order to not have a high repair bill, I drove 60 miles in the rain without wipers. I am not at all satisfied with my decision to buy a Newmar product.
- Victor Conklin, California

2019-10-27 2019 Newmar Dutch Star 4310 View Listings

My wife and I have owned this RV since September 2018 and have enjoyed its amenities immensely. We have traveled with our daughter, son-in-law, and two grandchildren and all of us are well accommodated. The features are numerous ,as noted in the build sheet. We love this RV, but it’s time to move on to the next chapter of our life and stay near our growing family.
- Donald Howard, Florida

2019-10-24 2020 Newmar Bay Star 3014 View Listings

We purchased our Newmar 3014 in July 2019 after several years trying to decide on a model that would fit our needs. We had owned a smaller 26' Class A but grew tired of the cramped sleeping arrangements so we decided to upgrade to a 30' class A. We researched several manufactures and decided on the Newmar 3014 after seeing them at various RV shows and after touring the Newmar factory in Indiana. We love the quality of this motorhome, from the exterior paint job to the interior furniture and the superior build quality of the unit. The AC's in this unit are whisper quiet, in our last RV we could barely stand it when the AC was running it was so loud. We like the extra insulation Newmar uses for the floor, walls and ceiling which makes this coach super quiet on the inside. The bedroom has a door for privacy and the bed is very comfy. The bathroom has plenty of room and the shower is also spacious. The full wall slide really opens up the floorspace on this RV. The unit also has Samsung smart TV's and Sony Bluray players for both the living and bedroom. It really is like a condo with its upgraded features and décor. If there is one negative to my review it would be the dash AC system, it does not seem to blow cold enough when traveling on hot summer days. We hope to get this looked at and hopefully it can be adjusted. Newmar RV's are top class. They are not the least expensive, however, you do get your money's worth in my opinion.
- Jeff Taylor, Florida

2019-10-23 2015 Newmar Canyon Star 3953 View Listings

This is a dream RV and we unfortunately are not using it. We retired and find ourselves on cruises more and more. The layout is perfect for cooking and living. The dining table has two leaves providing an extra amount of flat surface for entertaining and cooking. My husband and I eat at the dining table and have both tv screens on so we can both watch at the same time. We thought this was funny at first but it was enjoyable. The extra recliner was my husband’s seat as I stretched out on the couch while we watched movies through our Roku, WiFi or DVD. Fantastic stereo and audio system throughout including the outdoor entertainment center. My husband would grill and watch his football games. Again great for entertaining. The half bath also meant no one had to go into our bedroom. The side entrance being located behind the passenger seat was a must for us. I didn’t want to be taking food in and out by the passenger seat. I can’t imagine not having a driver door and the automatic window to pay tolls or get directions. The special amenities like the washer/dryer and the dishwasher were added by the first owner. Not what I would require as we would only go out for four or five days at a time. I did make use of the w/d making clean up on muddy, rainy or days at the beach a breeze. We are the second owner. We had never had a king or a sleep number bed before we bought the RV. Now we have a king and one day I want the sleep number at home. It makes camping a luxury! This RV is decked out to go on the road. The stabilizer bars make driving this 40 foot “Beast” as we call it easy enough for me to drive. Two options we have are selling the RV fully furnished with dishes, linens, fire pit, outdoor chairs, tools and much more and we have a Chevy HHR that is tow ready that can be sold with the RV. Come take a test drive!
- Jean Burmester, Florida

2019-10-22 2016 Newmar Ventana 4369 View Listings

Purchased new, first RV we've owned. Love the layout for full time use. Both Freightliner and Newmar took care of any and all situation. We've lived in this coach for numerous years. Plenty of space. Would highly recommend this coach to anyone.
- Tony Shultz, Florida