Newmar RVs Reviews on RV Insider (227)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Newmar RVs Reviews and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of these RVs.

Chase Herbig from Florida says:

Have you owned any Newmar RVs? Write a review

Voted Most Helpful Review 2016 Newmar King Aire 4503 View Listings

Purchased a King Air. Had a problem with the wall slide as it was not level. It was like walking on the side of a hill. Newmar knew they had the problems but sent them to the dealer with the defect. The dealer I also believe knew about the defect. Also the wall slide had a large dent from the inside out. Somehow I over looked it when I purchased but noticed it when I picked up the RV. Newmar service manager told me to bring the rv in and they would adjust the wall slide once they get the parts in from a vendor. This took a month. I refused to drive the RV to dealer since it was a 10 hour round trip then the same to pick up. Newmar manager said they would split the fuel. I was shocked. I refused and after I got my wife involved he agreed. He sent a driver to pick up the RV and returned it but they were suppose to repair the dent at the same time. They didn't stating they didn't have the time so I told The Newmar manager to keep it another week. Didn't hear back from him but the driver called and said he's on the way to deliver my RV. I was surprised that the dent was not going to be repaired but I told them that he would need to return the RV for repairs at his cost. When I got the RV back a few items that I gave the dealer to repair were not done and they destroyed my screen door and scratched up my stainless interior door panel. I later contacted Newmar service manager and told him that he needed to have the RV Ickes up to have the Dent repaired and the other screw up. He said it would be at my cost. Unbelievable,, after fighting thru this he agreed to pay for half the fuel cost. I was in absolute disbelief that this guy is asking me to not only return the RV to the dealer but was negotiating fuel cost. Are we talking about $100 at best. I owned one Essex my first RV then went into owning three preowned Prevosts. I honestly believed that I would get not only a superior RV but the best manufacture and dealer service. To the contrary I was in such disbelief that I sold the RV after owning about 4 months. I was concerned that if Newmar would treat us like they did after just paying over $700,000 for a King Aire what's it going to be like if I had another problem. Newmar knew of the defective wall slide as The service manager told me that they could fix in the field and had to have the vendor make the part for the fix. I have told my story to many many friend that RV and they have stayed away from Newmar. Be careful reading all of these great reviews. Many are staged. RVers need to look at for each other. The manufactures are not regulated like the vehicle manufactures. They dealt with me in bad faith and consumers need to be aware. RVT. Please publish.
- Chase Herbig , Florida

2020-01-23 2016 Newmar Ventana 3709 View Listings

Newmar is one of the best Coaches made and the 3709 is a great floor plan with 1 and 1/2 baths and when open it is a Fantastic layout! Outside TV and stereo plus easy access to electric outlets make outdoor setup easy and comfortable.2016-2019 Ventana has a new look with Updated Front and Rear Caps and Graphics. This model is available with many upgrades that gives it all the Luxuries of the million dollar RV's
- Jim Newcomb, Florida

2020-01-20 2005 Newmar Northern Star 3933 View Listings

I had three Class A motorhomes, One gas and two diesels. Both diesels were Newmars. I found Newmars to be a quality product and the support folks in Nappanee Indiana they build a great product. Northern Star was only built in 2004 and 2005, it has higher ceilings then most Class A motorhomes and with four slides it is very roomy. I have found this unit to need minimum maintenance and service costs less that my last model.
- Ron, Georgia

2020-01-19 2020 Newmar Ventana 4037 View Listings

This is our 4th Newmar (Bay Star, Canyon Star, Ventana) and now another Ventana. Canyon Star (gas) at 40 feet just didn’t have enough power for our needs. Had a few minor problems but all fixed on the rigs but we have talked to lots of folks over the last 15 years on the road and every brand has their share of problems. There is not a brand out there without issues. Some are production problems, some like a/c units are model problems and some are definitely owner caused problems. We have not had problems with getting it serviced but we did have a service writer that did not listen to us (twice,)but you will find that anywhere. Yes, next one will probably be a Newmar unless Winnebago management ruins the company. Yes, we have friends that swear by their Winnebago Horizons and others that swear at them!
- Keith Moes, Oregon

2019-12-26 2003 Newmar Dutch Star 3803 View Listings

This was our first Motorhome. We chose to purchase an older unit in July of 2016. We loved the lifestyle. Newmar stills has parts for this older model and I can get someone pleasant on the phone to help us every time. Real Wood interiors and you can tell the quality. The 330 Cat and Onan 7500 Generator provide ample power for all our needs. Love the Newmar Brand.
- Bill Semple, Florida

2019-12-22 2001 Newmar Mountain Aire 4095 View Listings

We have truly enjoyed our time in this rv it handles and drives great and is a quality coach with all of the bells and whistles even though it is an older model we have completely updated the inside and everything is in working order. We are ready to retire from traveling. This unit will make someone a beautiful motorhome with lots of miles left in her. Great quality interior without the new price.
- Ron Carman , Florida

2019-12-19 2014 Newmar Mountain Aire 4369 View Listings

This is our second motor home, our first was a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 4015. We discovered what we liked and didn't like about the floor plan and that's why we had decided on the layout of the 4369 with the large bathroom in the back. The 4369 has a bath and a half but the half bath is on the small side for being a half bath. Ton's of storage and cabinet space in bedroom and bath but not as much storage in the kitchen area as the older Dutch Star, part of the loss in space is due to having a full wall slide as we lost the bar/cabinet area that was permanent in the Dutch Star. When the slides are open there is a plenty of space. I would recommend the couch recliner or separate recliners instead of the couch with the inflatable mattress. We are replacing our couch for comfort reasons when watching TV. We have had to do some minor repairs but that is common with all motor homes that travel down the highway at 65 mph. Newmar is excellent to work with although their parts pricing in on the high side. I suggest that if you need parts try and locate them from the original vendor if possible as it will save you money but understand Newmar is in business to make a profit. The Mountain Aire is a pleasure to drive and much quieter than the Dutch Star but part of that may be to the age difference in the two. The only negative I have is that the 450 HP in the 2014 doesn't seem to have near the power the 370 HP in the Dutch Star had. The differences I can see is that the 40' Dutch Star weighed less and it had a pre-emission (no DEF) engine, it will out pull the 450 on a hill anytime but both are about equal on fuel mileage pulling our 4 door Jeep Wrangler on level ground at about 7 mpg. We initially were looking at Dutch Stars but found the the Mountain Aire was classier looking and perhaps built a little better hence costing more. We had set a budget of what we wanted to spend and went over when we moved up to the Mountain Aire but looking back have no regrets. When we start looking to move up in years most likely it will be for another Mountain Aire.
- Gregg Daly, Missouri

2019-11-30 2014 Newmar Essex 4553 View Listings

I have owned 6 coaches. 2 Monacos (Diplomat & Windsor), 1 American (Tradition), and 3 Newmars (Dutch Star, Mountain Aire & Essex). They are all good coaches. The Essex is the by far the superior in all categories (chassis, electronics, driving comfort, etc).
- Schelly D Doise, Louisiana

2019-11-24 2003 Newmar Dutch Star 3803 View Listings

This was our first RV. We read the "Blogs" and talked to other RV Owners. We looked for a used Tiffin, Monoco or Newmar. Being first time owners, we had no idea what our preferences were but project one was to get the "old" smell out of this 14 year old coach. During our first year we stopped at the Newmar Factory to check it out. They treated us the same as a new owner taking delivery. A nice gentlemen showed us how to locate parts and we purchased all kinds of little parts and pieces from these bins that renewed handles, lights, switches. We've noticed this coach is very well insulated both for temperature and noise. I've been in other coaches and you can easily hear your neighbors conversation next door. We are totally sold on this brand and are actively looking for a newer Newmar.
- Bill Semple, Florida

2019-11-24 2018 Newmar Canyon Star 3911 View Listings

I'll make it short. Had it for 2 years. Goes into shop after every trip, not for the same problem. Neighbors think I rent it. One other thing. Washer, dryer and fridge are Whirpool. If you have a problem and call Whirlpool they say their products are not made for RV's and Newmar is no help
- Frank Campo, Louisiana

2019-11-07 2019 Newmar Dutch Star 4369 View Listings

Purchased first of Feb. 2019 New Since then I have had use of unit for a total of 6 weeks. The rest of the time was having warranty work preformed. currently as of today it has been in the shop for the last month for replacement of the front ram for the 30' slide-out wall. November 7, 2019. this takes my Warranty down to an effective 3-1/2 months since so far the rest of the time it has been in the shop. I paid a $50.00 service call for a warranty issue. Sent Bill and receipt to Newmar and they sent me $10.00 back. In order to not have a high repair bill, I drove 60 miles in the rain without wipers. I am not at all satisfied with my decision to buy a Newmar product.
- Victor Conklin, California

2019-10-27 2019 Newmar Dutch Star 4310 View Listings

My wife and I have owned this RV since September 2018 and have enjoyed its amenities immensely. We have traveled with our daughter, son-in-law, and two grandchildren and all of us are well accommodated. The features are numerous ,as noted in the build sheet. We love this RV, but it’s time to move on to the next chapter of our life and stay near our growing family.
- Donald Howard, Florida

2019-10-24 2020 Newmar Bay Star 3014 View Listings

We purchased our Newmar 3014 in July 2019 after several years trying to decide on a model that would fit our needs. We had owned a smaller 26' Class A but grew tired of the cramped sleeping arrangements so we decided to upgrade to a 30' class A. We researched several manufactures and decided on the Newmar 3014 after seeing them at various RV shows and after touring the Newmar factory in Indiana. We love the quality of this motorhome, from the exterior paint job to the interior furniture and the superior build quality of the unit. The AC's in this unit are whisper quiet, in our last RV we could barely stand it when the AC was running it was so loud. We like the extra insulation Newmar uses for the floor, walls and ceiling which makes this coach super quiet on the inside. The bedroom has a door for privacy and the bed is very comfy. The bathroom has plenty of room and the shower is also spacious. The full wall slide really opens up the floorspace on this RV. The unit also has Samsung smart TV's and Sony Bluray players for both the living and bedroom. It really is like a condo with its upgraded features and décor. If there is one negative to my review it would be the dash AC system, it does not seem to blow cold enough when traveling on hot summer days. We hope to get this looked at and hopefully it can be adjusted. Newmar RV's are top class. They are not the least expensive, however, you do get your money's worth in my opinion.
- Jeff Taylor, Florida

2019-10-23 2015 Newmar Canyon Star 3953 View Listings

This is a dream RV and we unfortunately are not using it. We retired and find ourselves on cruises more and more. The layout is perfect for cooking and living. The dining table has two leaves providing an extra amount of flat surface for entertaining and cooking. My husband and I eat at the dining table and have both tv screens on so we can both watch at the same time. We thought this was funny at first but it was enjoyable. The extra recliner was my husband’s seat as I stretched out on the couch while we watched movies through our Roku, WiFi or DVD. Fantastic stereo and audio system throughout including the outdoor entertainment center. My husband would grill and watch his football games. Again great for entertaining. The half bath also meant no one had to go into our bedroom. The side entrance being located behind the passenger seat was a must for us. I didn’t want to be taking food in and out by the passenger seat. I can’t imagine not having a driver door and the automatic window to pay tolls or get directions. The special amenities like the washer/dryer and the dishwasher were added by the first owner. Not what I would require as we would only go out for four or five days at a time. I did make use of the w/d making clean up on muddy, rainy or days at the beach a breeze. We are the second owner. We had never had a king or a sleep number bed before we bought the RV. Now we have a king and one day I want the sleep number at home. It makes camping a luxury! This RV is decked out to go on the road. The stabilizer bars make driving this 40 foot “Beast” as we call it easy enough for me to drive. Two options we have are selling the RV fully furnished with dishes, linens, fire pit, outdoor chairs, tools and much more and we have a Chevy HHR that is tow ready that can be sold with the RV. Come take a test drive!
- Jean Burmester, Florida

2019-10-22 2016 Newmar Ventana 4369 View Listings

Purchased new, first RV we've owned. Love the layout for full time use. Both Freightliner and Newmar took care of any and all situation. We've lived in this coach for numerous years. Plenty of space. Would highly recommend this coach to anyone.
- Tony Shultz, Florida

2019-10-20 2019 Newmar Dutch Star 4310 View Listings

We are selling a 2019 bunk-floor plan with two full baths; a class A motorcoach. There are multiple upgrades and amenities. I will upload the build sheet. The coach is regularly detailed and has ceramic coating on the front cab. Protective heat screens for the tires and front cab are included.
- Donald Howard, Florida

2019-10-19 2016 Newmar Ventana LE 3709 View Listings

We bought this RV New at RV show and have only had a few minor problems that were taken care of right away. Very happy with the floor plan and quality of workmanship. Wish it had a little more power (340hp) like the newer models (360hp). No real problem with towing, just slow going up hills. Also would have liked the sockets in kitchen to have been in the walls instead of under the cabinets. We did some modification after purchase...took couch out and added power theater chairs and took out the bench seating at the dinning table and have two chairs (all personal preference). Overall we are loving it. Most trips have been short ones. Being in our 70's really enjoy the "comfort drove" steering. Hope the merger with Winnebago does not change the quality of the coach in the future...
- Bruce, California

2019-10-05 2006 Newmar Cypress 32CKRE View Listings

This Newmar 5th wheel is very comfortable and economical to heat and cool. We purchased this unit to travel to Florida from January thru May each year. This RV has a large amount of storage with the pantry and lazy susan making it almost like cooking at home. There are more than adequate amount of full size drawers in the kitchen, bedroom and bathroom. With the two recliners, sofa and the surround sound makes viewing TV very comfortable A large heated basement that supplied all the storage space needed. I had no difficulty in towing, it is well balanced and it also has excellent braking system.
- John Van Lew, North Carolina

2019-10-03 2011 Newmar Dutch Star 4344 View Listings

The leather seats and couches have been disintegrating since 2017.I have tried to contact newmar service since I am aware that this is a problem for numerous coaches. They tell me to email pictures and then their mailbox is always full and I have been unable to get any answers from them.I have had to replace the outside step since it was faulty.For what they charge for these coaches you would expect better quality !!!
- Barry Thompson, Arkansas

2019-09-23 2014 Newmar Dutch Star 4369 View Listings

Newmar is the best built RV... minor issues. you can get help from their toll free hotline!! Have called twice and explained my issue and they walked me right through my problem. Fixed and both times it was just my lack of RV knowledge!! Will probably buy another Newmar.They are built to last!!
- Chris Rabb, North Carolina

2019-09-20 2009 Newmar Dutch Aire 4085 View Listings

We choose NEWMAR Cie for his reputation and we're not deceived, They make great RV's and and posseses an absolute reputation . The best in it's category. We recommand Newmar to any of you, who thinks acquiring his first motorhome.
- Norman Terroux, Quebec

2019-09-14 2006 Newmar Mountain Aire 4307 View Listings

Loved this RV from the moment we purchased it. Bought it from a gentleman that really took care of it. Had more options than we were looking for and most everything was new. Took it on a 8000 mile trip right after purchasing and really impressed us with the amount of room and the livability of this. It was our first RV and it really set the bar high. Biggest bathroom I've seen in one. Large enough for a baby "pack n play" while driving down the road with the door closed. Would definitely do this again.
- James, Florida

2019-08-27 1999 Newmar Dutch Star 2455 View Listings

I had no problem with this Motorhome always start right up I drove from Florida to Knoxville Tn at 65-70 miles an hour no problem at all drives super easy Newmar is great quality manufacture everything works Call 865-314-3024 if any questions
- Benjamin Yoder, Tennessee

2019-08-25 2015 Newmar London Aire 4503 View Listings

I have owned three RV’s and have found this to be the best I have ever owned. The 600 hp Cummins Diesel engine is known as the mountain eater because of it’s ability to climb mountains with ease. With its comfort drive system it makes it very easy to drive on windy days. The vehicle is very comfortable to drive with its big comfortable leather seats. I really enjoy the push button shades for driving and privacy. The king size bed is very comfortable. The heated floor is very nice on cool mornings. On demand water heater is nice. I take it directly to Newmar for service and am always treated very well.
- Michele Pryke , Ontario

2019-08-21 2005 Newmar Kountry Star 3720 View Listings

I have owned my Newmar for 9 years and have never been broken down. The systems, A/c /heating, slides, engine, chassis, and interior systems have always been the best. Newmar has great customer service for questions about doing regular maintenance or parts issues.
- Robert, Florida