Newmar Reviews on RV Insider (278)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Newmar RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Chase Herbig from Florida says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2016 Newmar King Aire 4503 View Listings

Purchased a King Air. Had a problem with the wall slide as it was not level. It was like walking on the side of a hill. Newmar knew they had the problems but sent them to the dealer with the defect. The dealer I also believe knew about the defect. Also the wall slide had a large dent from the inside out. Somehow I over looked it when I purchased but noticed it when I picked up the RV. Newmar service manager told me to bring the rv in and they would adjust the wall slide once they get the parts in from a vendor. This took a month. I refused to drive the RV to dealer since it was a 10 hour round trip then the same to pick up. Newmar manager said they would split the fuel. I was shocked. I refused and after I got my wife involved he agreed. He sent a driver to pick up the RV and returned it but they were suppose to repair the dent at the same time. They didn't stating they didn't have the time so I told The Newmar manager to keep it another week. Didn't hear back from him but the driver called and said he's on the way to deliver my RV. I was surprised that the dent was not going to be repaired but I told them that he would need to return the RV for repairs at his cost. When I got the RV back a few items that I gave the dealer to repair were not done and they destroyed my screen door and scratched up my stainless interior door panel. I later contacted Newmar service manager and told him that he needed to have the RV Ickes up to have the Dent repaired and the other screw up. He said it would be at my cost. Unbelievable,, after fighting thru this he agreed to pay for half the fuel cost. I was in absolute disbelief that this guy is asking me to not only return the RV to the dealer but was negotiating fuel cost. Are we talking about $100 at best. I owned one Essex my first RV then went into owning three preowned Prevosts. I honestly believed that I would get not only a superior RV but the best manufacture and dealer service. To the contrary I was in such disbelief that I sold the RV after owning about 4 months. I was concerned that if Newmar would treat us like they did after just paying over $700,000 for a King Aire what's it going to be like if I had another problem. Newmar knew of the defective wall slide as The service manager told me that they could fix in the field and had to have the vendor make the part for the fix. I have told my story to many many friend that RV and they have stayed away from Newmar. Be careful reading all of these great reviews. Many are staged. RVers need to look at for each other. The manufactures are not regulated like the vehicle manufactures. They dealt with me in bad faith and consumers need to be aware. RVT. Please publish.
- Chase Herbig , Florida

2020-11-21 2010 Newmar Ventana 4333 View Listings

WE are very pleased with our newmar products. We have had 2 5th wheels and 2 motorhomes. All were very good products and when we had a problem they were quite helpful. Driving the motor homes were a great pleasure. Seats are very comfortable to go long distances in a day. The ride was almost as nice as the big custom buses out there today. Both of our rigs had Spartan chassis with air ride suspension. Seatup has hwh hydralic leveling jacks with push button controls. We are only selling our coach because of health reasons.
- Mike Girton, Kansas

2020-11-13 2004 Newmar Kountry Star 3705 View Listings

This 04 Newmar was out first R.V we ever owned. We use it for our business in the summer months and our pleasure in the Fall/early Winter and Spring. We have fell in love with it. We have camped and traveled all over the Eastern part of the U.S. We have found ourselves living just as comfortable in this R.V as our house. It drives like a car. Me and my husband take turns driving and really enjoy traveling in it. I would rate the quality even thought it is a 04 with any other R.V on the market. Any problems that have arrived with it we have repaired with the best practices possible. Never a reman part we always go strictly new OEM Freightliner Parts for the Chassis and Newmar when possible for the Coach. You cannot go wrong with this R.V.
- Trisha Grass, Indiana

2020-11-09 2015 Newmar King Aire 4584 View Listings

We have owned this Newmar King Aire about 2 years. Little issues arise at times and Newmar’s customer service usually can help me figure out the problems. More times than not it’s pilot error. This coach has proven to be very reliable and trouble free. Rides like a dream and has great power. Amenities are awesome. Love the layout because there is a computer work area set up and with the dinette area no sinking bench seats. You can’t go wrong with a King Aire.
- Jim Wilson, Arizona

2020-11-08 2015 Newmar Bay Star Sport 2702 View Listings

This is a nice quality Newmar coach. It has a lot of features that most smaller units don't include. Perfectly comfortable for 2 people to vacation or full timing. After upgrading the heat pump to a 15000 BTU unit it cools nicely and the addition of a sunscreen windshield cover helped greatly. This is a lot of RV packed into a compact unit!
- John, Florida

2020-10-19 2017 Newmar Mountain Aire 4519 View Listings

Trading a Ventana LE for a Mountain Aire means a new coach with many more features and systems. Unfortunately my Mountain Aire was delivered by Independence RV of Orlando with no owners manuals! No where for me to go for explanations and/or instructions. Independence took this coach in for trade in June and sold it to me in October and in all that time said thy never noticed that it contained no owners manuals. And, no, Newgle is not a good substitute for no manuals. Be aware when you buy.
- George Young, Florida

2020-10-18 2016 Newmar Canyon Star 3953 View Listings

We have been in love w this coach from day one. Floor plan is perfect for us. We have had some small detailing issues that we did NOT have on our previous Newmar, 2006 Mountainaire. That said, they were adjusted immediately upon identification. Newmar customer Service is second to none. What has not been addressed is wiring issues. They have plagued us from day one and continue to this day. Our unit evidently was not wired according to the schematic for this unit. Once we began having problems it was not possible to fix because wires did NOT correspond to schematic. In defense of Newmar, they have offered to make it right at the factory but we must pay to make the trip there. Amid Covid, we have been unwilling to make the trip and then find some place to be during the day while they work on the unit.
- Shelley K Bossert, North Carolina

2020-10-03 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 3813 View Listings

I purchased this RV about 3 years ago and have taken 3 cross country trips with it. It handles very well, has good power on the road even when pulling a 24' trailer with a small car and a motorcycle in it. The coach is well appointed inside and out to make travel and living very comfortable. The slides are automatic at the push of a button. The large awning is electric with a wind sensor so you don't have to worry about leaving it out when you leave the coach. One of the best features of this coach is the king size bed that was special ordered from the factory. Very nice and comfy feature. After a title search on this vehicle it shows that it was never in an accident and there were no factory recalls. It also has a pull out tray that is accessible from either side. All the comforts of home away from home. I know of no problems with the coach and would be comfortable selling it to a family member or friend.
- Don, Arizona

2020-09-27 2008 Newmar Mountain Aire 4529 View Listings

We had searched for several months when we bought the 2008 Mountain Aire. The primary features that drove our decision were a livable floor plan with a living room tv (not a front overhead unit), 4 storage trays in the basement, sofa hidden Queen bed for guests, strong engine(450hp) and Comfort Drive. The mid-bath floor plan with dual vanity was a delight. We installed an LG residential refrigerator making the unit very livable for extended trips. It has been an exceptional coach. Over about 17 years we have owned 4 motor homes and the Newmar has been the best. The Oasis Hydronic System provides even heat and immediate hot water, with two 1200 watt anodes it operates on electric as well as it does on diesel. The 2000 watt inverter handles the demands of the whole coach well. We enjoy occasionally watching tv outside on cool fall evenings and the large automatic awning actually expands our living area outdoors.
- Rod Cleavelin, Oklahoma

2020-09-25 2013 Newmar Essex 4544 View Listings

You need to make appointments well in advance but once at Newmar their service department is fast, efficient, friendly, clean and you can count on them to treat you fairly. Having owned this coach, our 4th Motorhome I would put it up against any. It drives like a dream, smooth, so much so I have to remind myself to slow down it is not a car. Sets up in a few minutes and you are glamming in luxury.
- Dina Quinley, Missouri

2020-09-22 2005 Newmar Mountain Aire 3778 View Listings

We could not be happier with our Newmar. We have traveled about 50,000 miles towing a PT Cruiser, cross country twice and into Canada and all up and down the East coast. It is as comfortable as any automobile we have owned, handles easily. We have owned other rvs but Newmar is the best in its price range as far as we are concerned. The structure, design and workmanship cannot be beat.When we are at a campground for any length of time, we often say, this is all we need to live a happy life !! Even though it is a gas rig ( Chevy Workhorse, 8.1) we had no trouble with the Appalachian,Rocky or Cascade mountain ranges. A little slower going up some awesome roadways, but never a problem, even though we were towing.We averaged between 6.5 and 7.0 MPG. Don't think you can do much better.
- Don, North Carolina

2020-09-21 2002 Newmar Kountry Aire Kountry Koach View Listings

Great Bus for first timers in a pusher or a veteran driver. Its a great Bus and we have traveled all over the Us in it and love it. Please call or email with any questions you have. Lots of power for the mountains and easy to drive. Love this Bus.
- Mike, Florida

2020-09-21 2020 Newmar Canyon Star 3927 View Listings

Worst nightmare ever. Fell apart over three months . Don’t purchase one without asking is why as we will save you $$$$$. Never seen such a fiasco in my life lack of quality control sub standard construction. Make sure you review everywhere on line as the truth is out there. Do NOT purchase this model or brand .
- David, Florida

2020-09-18 2019 Newmar Canyon Star 3722 View Listings

Very poor workmanship , the rear slide out walls on both sides are oblong where the slides go in , which means the cutouts are not square . went to other dealers and noticed other models had the same problem no matter what the model . my fibreglass roof has dips in it and when it rains I have 7 water puddles , sooner or later will leak in the coach .the roof has bulging areas which means the one piece roof is not the proper size on my unit . BUYERS CHECK THESE ITEMS BEFORE YOU BUY .
- Peter Lylick, Alberta

2020-09-15 2014 Newmar Ventana 3634 View Listings

The Ventana is your on-ramp to comfort and convenience that only a Newmar diesel coach can deliver. I cannot tell you what a joy it is to drive this unit. We owned Winnebago before and Newmar's exclusive Comfort Drive TM makes all the difference. If you haven't experienced this before I encourage you to try it out at a Newmar dealer near you, then come talk to us about purchase of our remarkable coach. Loaded with all the features like the Oasis Hydronic water heating system with instant and never ending hot water, complimented with solar panels and inverter, complete with an Onan 8.0kW gen set. Especially equipped with four distinct TVs and sound bar systems for the ultimate in entertainment you will move effortlessly from the kitchen area to the outdoor BBQ space equipped with its' own entertainment center built into the exterior side of the coach. In addition, we added a fireplace for an additional heat source and ambience. Just put in a new Blue-Ray player and converted tv chairs into a sleeper couch.
- Richard Wilson, Washington

2020-09-14 2017 Newmar Dutch Star 3724 View Listings

We are essentially full-time RVers, and this is our first coach. We are continually impressed with not only the quality of the coach, but also the many safety, comfort, and convenience features that have been designed into the vehicle. No accidents. Professionally maintained. An excellent value.
- Richard Johnson, Arizona

2020-09-07 2017 Newmar Dutch Star 3724 View Listings

A great designed and well built Motorhome with plenty of storage, The Dutchstar 3724 model has some great features. It has one LARGE two sink bathroom, a 27 x 69 pantry with six slide out shelves and a king size bed with a good sized wardrobe with shoe shelving. Very maneuverable and comfortable to drive. I do most of the driving myself!
- Rosemary , Michigan

2020-09-06 2017 Newmar Bay Star 3401 View Listings

Purchased coach, the awning never worked and was a problem trying to retract while camping. the Frig never worked and dealer would not work with us on finding a replacement coach for the time, since parts to fix both could take weeks or months. This was a Bay Star and was only one day old when the problems started. Not a happy camper.
- Babcock, Idaho

2020-09-02 2018 Newmar Bay Star 3124 View Listings

You get what you pay for! Newmar is unsurpassed in quality and customer service is top notch. They listen to their customers and every year improve upon the previous year. Perfect layout, you cannot believe how much room you can get in a 31ft RV.
- Jeff Tripp, North Carolina

2020-09-01 2013 Newmar Dutch Star 4338 View Listings

$15,000 in non warranty repairs from 7500 miles to 15000 miles. All Freightliner issues, bought out of factory warranty, did not realize many Freightliner repair locations give you the middle finger and will not work with any after sale warranty company regardless of which one. The house systems and interior is good quality, Freightliner is happy to leave you abandoned in remote areas and not let you pick up parts from their regional centers. I have owned many RV types, all price ranges from 5,000 to 400,000 and the gas powered inexpensive have been most reliable. Yes the Newmar is quiet, driving it is only quiet on smooth roads, it rattles and squeaks like a cheap gas coach on bumpy roads. I would never own another Freightliner RV.
- ken aduddell, Washington

2020-08-27 2005 Newmar Mountain Aire 4032 View Listings

We owned and lived in our 2005 Newmar for 18 months. We traveled a bit at the beginning and then we were pretty stationary for the last 8 months in an RV Park on the Southern Oregon Coast. It was just my husband and myself and our 2 medium size furbabies. We bought it used, however it was in near new condition with very low miles. Everything worked and held up great. We were very thankful for the Aqua Hot water heater, it ran on the diesel from our tank and also ran our heater. So our propane lasted longer and when we did go to a “permanent” rv space, our electric bill was very low! I learned to use the convection microwave for baking, it worked Great! The 3 burner gas stove worked great, however, to be honest, most of our cooking was done outside on our Camp Chef griddle/grill..... keeping the mess of cooking outside!! (I would totally recommend buying one!) The cabinetry was oak and the flooring was tile in the living room, kitchen and bath. Carpet in the rear bedroom and the 2 LR slides. Both of the air conditioners worked great when they were needed. Especially on our trip to Tucson, AZ in mid-June (who plans a trip to AZ in June🤔)!! It was 117-119 🥵 for 4-1/2 days and the AC was on continually! We would definitely purchase another Newmar again if the need arises! It was Very comfortable to live in. Very nice for towing and the ride was smooth! The only thing that I was Totally unprepared for was the World Wide Web! What a fight the Internet ended up being 😬😤🤯 My frustration was endless. We did not use cable and did not have satellite. My computer wouldn’t talk to my printer😬 and it’s Amazing how much data the television will eat up! We had Hulu for a few months. Until they let me know that we had used up All of our IP addresses (4) for the year😳 Then we got YouTubeTV (which we still have). Make sure you have That figured out at the get go! NOTE- RV parks say they have Internet available, but it’s usually the bare minimum and certainly not enough for streaming tv. Happy Trails!!!
- Mis-T Adkins, Oregon

2020-08-26 2007 Newmar Dutch Star 4307 View Listings

Have owned this coach for almost 2 years, and although health issues and the China Virus have prevented much of our planned travel, we have enjoyed the coach. Newmar's customer service is unbelievably helpful....can't throw enough accolades their way!!! If we ever owned another motorhome, Newmar would be our first choice just for that reason. The coach has had many custom refits by previous owners, so the floor plan is not what we would have specified if we'd bought it new, but very comfortable and efficient for 2 persons. Storage, both interior and basement, is to be seen to be believed. We towed a Ford F-150, wheels down, with no problem at all.
- Robert Morris, Michigan

2020-08-13 2005 Newmar Dutch Star 4009 View Listings

Newmar is among the most highly rated motor homes. Newmar is made with the most discerning owner in mind. This unit is loaded with many expensive upgrades and optional equipment. Three sliders, four awnings.
- Bill Hill, Indiana

2020-08-11 2018 Newmar New Aire 3343 View Listings

We bought our 2018, based on our experience with a 2004 40 ft Newmar Kountry Star. We should have kept the 04. I am of the opinion that the 18 New Aire was rushed into production. First problem, on the way home from the dealer after something like 55 Miles a "check fob" light came on. (Check it? How and for for what) When I got back up to around 65MPH the light went out. A short time later as I exited the interstate h'way the light came on again. It continued to come on and go off and on depending on my speed. I guessed "the ?fob? was not getting a proper charge when I slowed down. We got Home and called the dealer and they sent out a Tech< a week later. After an hour or so and a few phone calls, he learned that he needed a computer, one with a special program to calibrate the fob. A few weeks later we took off for Gillette and the Newmar and FMAC rallies. On that trip the entry door next to the passenger seat, popped open five or six times. After the third we found that locking that door seemed to take care of the problem. (for a couple hundred miles) The Newmar techs at the Rallies seemed to fix the problem but on a week end tour between the events it came open again South Dakota. The next "adjustment" lasted until we where in eastern Illinois and then until we got to Napaknee (sp)Indiana a nd the Newmar factory. We are neither very large but in three years we have not used the dinette to dine. No adjustments due to the placement of the passenger side slide, mechenism. Indeed the seating throughout is by one of the industries leading manufactures (Flex Steel) but it does not seem on par with the rest of the "Aire" series by Newmar And Oh! some where along the way the toilet quit flushing properly. and a call to factory service reps, took a couple hours to locate the control module. they had us looking in air ducts and into a variety of doors and draws all through the coach, with the aim of cutting one wire. My wife found it stuffed in a tangle of wire in an opening in the commode base. I am not sure about your disclaimer on discussing "only the RV". NO Rv is any better new, than the dealer, factory and suppliers. Here I am talking about only new units. My advice, is "find an honest RV inspector and buy used after some newbie like I was, has put out cash to have the RV made road ready." After three years Newmar has made some modifications to the New Aire
- Ed Pettibone, Florida

2020-08-08 2020 Newmar Kountry Star 4037 View Listings

We purchased in March 2020. Our first trip did result in several electrical problems. We returned to dealerin June, they fixed everything for zero costs. And refilled all fuel tanks. I was impressed with their attitude and professionalism. On my birthday trip now. We really are enjoying our Newmar. We understand it is the cheapest they make the higher quality units must be really special.
- wforster2, Pennsylvania