Newmar Reviews on RV Insider (269)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Newmar RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Chase Herbig from Florida says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2016 Newmar King Aire 4503 View Listings

Purchased a King Air. Had a problem with the wall slide as it was not level. It was like walking on the side of a hill. Newmar knew they had the problems but sent them to the dealer with the defect. The dealer I also believe knew about the defect. Also the wall slide had a large dent from the inside out. Somehow I over looked it when I purchased but noticed it when I picked up the RV. Newmar service manager told me to bring the rv in and they would adjust the wall slide once they get the parts in from a vendor. This took a month. I refused to drive the RV to dealer since it was a 10 hour round trip then the same to pick up. Newmar manager said they would split the fuel. I was shocked. I refused and after I got my wife involved he agreed. He sent a driver to pick up the RV and returned it but they were suppose to repair the dent at the same time. They didn't stating they didn't have the time so I told The Newmar manager to keep it another week. Didn't hear back from him but the driver called and said he's on the way to deliver my RV. I was surprised that the dent was not going to be repaired but I told them that he would need to return the RV for repairs at his cost. When I got the RV back a few items that I gave the dealer to repair were not done and they destroyed my screen door and scratched up my stainless interior door panel. I later contacted Newmar service manager and told him that he needed to have the RV Ickes up to have the Dent repaired and the other screw up. He said it would be at my cost. Unbelievable,, after fighting thru this he agreed to pay for half the fuel cost. I was in absolute disbelief that this guy is asking me to not only return the RV to the dealer but was negotiating fuel cost. Are we talking about $100 at best. I owned one Essex my first RV then went into owning three preowned Prevosts. I honestly believed that I would get not only a superior RV but the best manufacture and dealer service. To the contrary I was in such disbelief that I sold the RV after owning about 4 months. I was concerned that if Newmar would treat us like they did after just paying over $700,000 for a King Aire what's it going to be like if I had another problem. Newmar knew of the defective wall slide as The service manager told me that they could fix in the field and had to have the vendor make the part for the fix. I have told my story to many many friend that RV and they have stayed away from Newmar. Be careful reading all of these great reviews. Many are staged. RVers need to look at for each other. The manufactures are not regulated like the vehicle manufactures. They dealt with me in bad faith and consumers need to be aware. RVT. Please publish.
- Chase Herbig , Florida

2020-09-22 2005 Newmar Mountain Aire 3778 View Listings

We could not be happier with our Newmar. We have traveled about 50,000 miles towing a PT Cruiser, cross country twice and into Canada and all up and down the East coast. It is as comfortable as any automobile we have owned, handles easily. We have owned other rvs but Newmar is the best in its price range as far as we are concerned. The structure, design and workmanship cannot be beat.When we are at a campground for any length of time, we often say, this is all we need to live a happy life !! Even though it is a gas rig ( Chevy Workhorse, 8.1) we had no trouble with the Appalachian,Rocky or Cascade mountain ranges. A little slower going up some awesome roadways, but never a problem, even though we were towing.We averaged between 6.5 and 7.0 MPG. Don't think you can do much better.
- Don, North Carolina

2020-09-21 2002 Newmar Kountry Aire Kountry Koach View Listings

Great Bus for first timers in a pusher or a veteran driver. Its a great Bus and we have traveled all over the Us in it and love it. Please call or email with any questions you have. Lots of power for the mountains and easy to drive. Love this Bus.
- mike@mezrah.com, Florida

2020-09-21 2020 Newmar Canyon Star 3927 View Listings

Worst nightmare ever. Fell apart over three months . Don’t purchase one without asking is why as we will save you $$$$$. Never seen such a fiasco in my life lack of quality control sub standard construction. Make sure you review everywhere on line as the truth is out there. Do NOT purchase this model or brand .
- David, Florida

2020-09-18 2019 Newmar Canyon Star 3722 View Listings

Very poor workmanship , the rear slide out walls on both sides are oblong where the slides go in , which means the cutouts are not square . went to other dealers and noticed other models had the same problem no matter what the model . my fibreglass roof has dips in it and when it rains I have 7 water puddles , sooner or later will leak in the coach .the roof has bulging areas which means the one piece roof is not the proper size on my unit . BUYERS CHECK THESE ITEMS BEFORE YOU BUY .
- Peter Lylick, Alberta

2020-09-15 2014 Newmar Ventana 3634 View Listings

The Ventana is your on-ramp to comfort and convenience that only a Newmar diesel coach can deliver. I cannot tell you what a joy it is to drive this unit. We owned Winnebago before and Newmar's exclusive Comfort Drive TM makes all the difference. If you haven't experienced this before I encourage you to try it out at a Newmar dealer near you, then come talk to us about purchase of our remarkable coach. Loaded with all the features like the Oasis Hydronic water heating system with instant and never ending hot water, complimented with solar panels and inverter, complete with an Onan 8.0kW gen set. Especially equipped with four distinct TVs and sound bar systems for the ultimate in entertainment you will move effortlessly from the kitchen area to the outdoor BBQ space equipped with its' own entertainment center built into the exterior side of the coach. In addition, we added a fireplace for an additional heat source and ambience. Just put in a new Blue-Ray player and converted tv chairs into a sleeper couch.
- Richard Wilson, Washington

2020-09-14 2017 Newmar Dutch Star 3724 View Listings

We are essentially full-time RVers, and this is our first coach. We are continually impressed with not only the quality of the coach, but also the many safety, comfort, and convenience features that have been designed into the vehicle. No accidents. Professionally maintained. An excellent value.
- Richard Johnson, Arizona

2020-09-07 2017 Newmar Dutch Star 3724 View Listings

A great designed and well built Motorhome with plenty of storage, The Dutchstar 3724 model has some great features. It has one LARGE two sink bathroom, a 27 x 69 pantry with six slide out shelves and a king size bed with a good sized wardrobe with shoe shelving. Very maneuverable and comfortable to drive. I do most of the driving myself!
- Rosemary , Michigan

2020-09-06 2017 Newmar Bay Star 3401 View Listings

Purchased coach, the awning never worked and was a problem trying to retract while camping. the Frig never worked and dealer would not work with us on finding a replacement coach for the time, since parts to fix both could take weeks or months. This was a Bay Star and was only one day old when the problems started. Not a happy camper.
- Babcock, Idaho

2020-09-02 2018 Newmar Bay Star 3124 View Listings

You get what you pay for! Newmar is unsurpassed in quality and customer service is top notch. They listen to their customers and every year improve upon the previous year. Perfect layout, you cannot believe how much room you can get in a 31ft RV.
- Jeff Tripp, North Carolina

2020-09-01 2013 Newmar Dutch Star 4338 View Listings

$15,000 in non warranty repairs from 7500 miles to 15000 miles. All Freightliner issues, bought out of factory warranty, did not realize many Freightliner repair locations give you the middle finger and will not work with any after sale warranty company regardless of which one. The house systems and interior is good quality, Freightliner is happy to leave you abandoned in remote areas and not let you pick up parts from their regional centers. I have owned many RV types, all price ranges from 5,000 to 400,000 and the gas powered inexpensive have been most reliable. Yes the Newmar is quiet, driving it is only quiet on smooth roads, it rattles and squeaks like a cheap gas coach on bumpy roads. I would never own another Freightliner RV.
- ken aduddell, Washington

2020-08-27 2005 Newmar Mountain Aire 4032 View Listings

We owned and lived in our 2005 Newmar for 18 months. We traveled a bit at the beginning and then we were pretty stationary for the last 8 months in an RV Park on the Southern Oregon Coast. It was just my husband and myself and our 2 medium size furbabies. We bought it used, however it was in near new condition with very low miles. Everything worked and held up great. We were very thankful for the Aqua Hot water heater, it ran on the diesel from our tank and also ran our heater. So our propane lasted longer and when we did go to a “permanent” rv space, our electric bill was very low! I learned to use the convection microwave for baking, it worked Great! The 3 burner gas stove worked great, however, to be honest, most of our cooking was done outside on our Camp Chef griddle/grill..... keeping the mess of cooking outside!! (I would totally recommend buying one!) The cabinetry was oak and the flooring was tile in the living room, kitchen and bath. Carpet in the rear bedroom and the 2 LR slides. Both of the air conditioners worked great when they were needed. Especially on our trip to Tucson, AZ in mid-June (who plans a trip to AZ in June🤔)!! It was 117-119 🥵 for 4-1/2 days and the AC was on continually! We would definitely purchase another Newmar again if the need arises! It was Very comfortable to live in. Very nice for towing and the ride was smooth! The only thing that I was Totally unprepared for was the World Wide Web! What a fight the Internet ended up being 😬😤🤯 My frustration was endless. We did not use cable and did not have satellite. My computer wouldn’t talk to my printer😬 and it’s Amazing how much data the television will eat up! We had Hulu for a few months. Until they let me know that we had used up All of our IP addresses (4) for the year😳 Then we got YouTubeTV (which we still have). Make sure you have That figured out at the get go! NOTE- RV parks say they have Internet available, but it’s usually the bare minimum and certainly not enough for streaming tv. Happy Trails!!!
- Mis-T Adkins, Oregon

2020-08-26 2007 Newmar Dutch Star 4307 View Listings

Have owned this coach for almost 2 years, and although health issues and the China Virus have prevented much of our planned travel, we have enjoyed the coach. Newmar's customer service is unbelievably helpful....can't throw enough accolades their way!!! If we ever owned another motorhome, Newmar would be our first choice just for that reason. The coach has had many custom refits by previous owners, so the floor plan is not what we would have specified if we'd bought it new, but very comfortable and efficient for 2 persons. Storage, both interior and basement, is to be seen to be believed. We towed a Ford F-150, wheels down, with no problem at all.
- Robert Morris, Michigan

2020-08-13 2005 Newmar Dutch Star 4009 View Listings

Newmar is among the most highly rated motor homes. Newmar is made with the most discerning owner in mind. This unit is loaded with many expensive upgrades and optional equipment. Three sliders, four awnings.
- Bill Hill, Indiana

2020-08-11 2018 Newmar New Aire 3343 View Listings

We bought our 2018, based on our experience with a 2004 40 ft Newmar Kountry Star. We should have kept the 04. I am of the opinion that the 18 New Aire was rushed into production. First problem, on the way home from the dealer after something like 55 Miles a "check fob" light came on. (Check it? How and for for what) When I got back up to around 65MPH the light went out. A short time later as I exited the interstate h'way the light came on again. It continued to come on and go off and on depending on my speed. I guessed "the ?fob? was not getting a proper charge when I slowed down. We got Home and called the dealer and they sent out a Tech< a week later. After an hour or so and a few phone calls, he learned that he needed a computer, one with a special program to calibrate the fob. A few weeks later we took off for Gillette and the Newmar and FMAC rallies. On that trip the entry door next to the passenger seat, popped open five or six times. After the third we found that locking that door seemed to take care of the problem. (for a couple hundred miles) The Newmar techs at the Rallies seemed to fix the problem but on a week end tour between the events it came open again South Dakota. The next "adjustment" lasted until we where in eastern Illinois and then until we got to Napaknee (sp)Indiana a nd the Newmar factory. We are neither very large but in three years we have not used the dinette to dine. No adjustments due to the placement of the passenger side slide, mechenism. Indeed the seating throughout is by one of the industries leading manufactures (Flex Steel) but it does not seem on par with the rest of the "Aire" series by Newmar And Oh! some where along the way the toilet quit flushing properly. and a call to factory service reps, took a couple hours to locate the control module. they had us looking in air ducts and into a variety of doors and draws all through the coach, with the aim of cutting one wire. My wife found it stuffed in a tangle of wire in an opening in the commode base. I am not sure about your disclaimer on discussing "only the RV". NO Rv is any better new, than the dealer, factory and suppliers. Here I am talking about only new units. My advice, is "find an honest RV inspector and buy used after some newbie like I was, has put out cash to have the RV made road ready." After three years Newmar has made some modifications to the New Aire
- Ed Pettibone, Florida

2020-08-08 2020 Newmar Kountry Star 4037 View Listings

We purchased in March 2020. Our first trip did result in several electrical problems. We returned to dealerin June, they fixed everything for zero costs. And refilled all fuel tanks. I was impressed with their attitude and professionalism. On my birthday trip now. We really are enjoying our Newmar. We understand it is the cheapest they make the higher quality units must be really special.
- wforster2, Pennsylvania

2020-07-26 2018 Newmar Ventana 4049 View Listings

Have owned 4 motorhomes Tiffin and Holiday Rambler and Newmar is by far the nest build and nicest coach made. 5 Star Quality and service! Freightliner Chassis is the best as well. The Newmar line cannot be beat! They are pricey but WELL WORTH IT!
- David Salmon, Georgia

2020-07-24 2004 Newmar Mountain Aire 3778 View Listings

People beware!! Before you are buying any Rv you should check very carefully reviews from customers !! They build in neglect like all the Rv industry. The workers are not professional and take people life saving to get one and they will send you to unorganized and unprofessional dealers . My offer buy very expensive car and go to best hotels it’s better !! You’ll loose too much money !! Stay away
- Ron , Alabama

2020-07-11 2006 Newmar Essex 4502 Somerset View Listings

This Newmar Essex drives like a dream. A Lot of people can look at a 45' Motorhome and get intimidated by the size. The Coach Tracks down any lane like an arrow. The visibility is fantastic even in the blind spots as with the side view cameras there are no blind spots. The Coach tows a towed car as if it wasn't there at all but yet you can see it safe and sound in the rear camera at all times. The coach floats on its Spartan chassis like it's riding on a cloud. Once at your destination nd the 4 slides are open there is ample room and luxury living just as if you were home. The storage capacity is huge inside and in the storage bays. The Generator is a 12.5 KW Quiet Diesel which provides enough power to run anything you need in the coach while running all 3 A/C units to bee cool and comfortable in the Summer or the Hydro Hot heat in the winter. You can't go wrong with a Newmar Coach.
- Kendall Cargill, Colorado

2020-07-09 2015 Newmar Bay Star 3401 View Listings

Bought this coach used in January 2016. This is 7th coach I've owned since 1997 and second Newmar. Outstanding unit. Phone help from Newmar for the few questions we had has been outstanding. Selling the coach tomorrow and hope the new owners love it as much as we have. Only disappointing thing is I understand Newmar Corp has been bought by another manufacturer, one I've had bad experiences with. If this is true hope they don't allow the Newmar quality go down.
- Rick, Oklahoma

2020-06-28 1998 Newmar Dutch Star 3860 View Listings

Newmar makes a quality coach, they are very helpful if you have any problems, you can call and someone will help directly over the phone. They have all of the parts for the coach, but have found their prices to be on the high side, but they have them. Would recommend a Newmar to anyone looking for a quality diesel pusher-
- scott, Nevada

2020-06-23 2020 Newmar Ventana 4037 View Listings

Bought the RV 4 weeks ago it had a broken window, was told it would be in within a few days. First time taking it out the jacks made a large popping sound when retracting. No working fridge, No AC working, No Working TVs, No working Microwave, No Charge back to the batteries. I took it back to service they looked it over stated they were waiting for Newmar to authorize the warranty work. I bought my new coach from See Grins RV in Gilroy CA. They told me that I would be fine to plug into a campsite plugged into the RV hookup. And again, the unit failed. And nothing worked.I took it back to the dealer and cancelled camp trip. And they said they would get right on it. And again that they were waiting for Newmar to authorize for the repair. Called up and talked to Steve at Newmar customer service and he said " he is getting involved and that the parts would go out next day air and not to worry." Another 3-4 days have gone by contacted the dealer again they stated " They do not have authorization for the parts." Since the customer service agent said he was going to take care of this I can not believe that the miscommunication between the dealer and the manufacturer has been this much of a mess. I talked to Erica my Newmar specialist and she stated that she would call the dealership to make sure they knew that the repair was authorized. My authorization number is 276306 so I do not understand how could a brand new coach that is in the $400,000 range could have these issues? I would think that when they are new that they are tested and make sure they are safe for customer to take them. I consider this a safety violation because there is no charge back from the both house and chassis batteries from the inverter. I'm very disappointed in the service I am receiving and overall the quality of the unit because of the issues I have outlined above.
- Guy Calamia, California

2020-06-20 2020 Newmar Essex 4551 View Listings

The 2020 Essex by Newmar is a great coach. I’ve had Prevost Buses and Newell’s and the bang for the buck is way better on the Essex. Your depreciation in first couple years will darn near pay for the Essex. The Essex is very tight and drives great. With increased price on King Aire it is hard to beat the Essex.
- Bryan , Arizona

2020-06-16 2017 Newmar Bay Star 3333 View Listings

Nice layout but interior products are not in line with cost. I will buy a Tiffin next time. Main problem us with electric awnings, all cabinet latches, and leather is peeling off seating. Also the frame was welded over the oil drain in the generator which prevented servicing without cutting brace. Can live with everything but the fake leather peeling off. Newmar should just put in cloth seats.
- James, Georgia

2020-06-13 2018 Newmar Bay Star 3401 View Listings

My husband and I have been RVing for the past 25 years. We started with a very old 5th wheel and worked out way up through 5 different RV’s before purchasing our beautiful new Newmar Bay Star motorhome. Due to family health issues, we have not had a chance to enjoy our RV as we had hoped which is the reason we are selling. When we did travel we loved the fully automated set up, everything is just a push of a button. We feel right at home with our king size bed and private bedroom. Having entertainment centers (TV) in 4 different locations allows for large game parties or private watching different programs in separate rooms or outside under the awning. The windows throughout the coach are very large allowing plenty of light with an extra large portrait window in the back. We can also darken the coach completely with blackout shades. The fireplace helps create a cozy atmosphere while warming the coach on cold days. The large refrigerator provides plenty of space for a foodie and cook like me. There is plenty of storage throughout the coach both inside and out. The large microwave doubles as a confection oven which bakes bread, muffins and casseroles in record time. The leather furniture is both durable and comfortable with captains chairs that can turn around to face the living area. The couch makes into a bunk bed and the dinette another bed allowing sleeping for 6 comfortably. I love the different types of lighting throughout the coach with reading lights, romantic dimming accent lights and of course bright overhead lights. We occasionally worked while camping and found plenty of electrical outlets and a WIFI booster that helped us stay wired. The bathroom also has plenty of storage and is large enough to move around in easily. The shower has glass doors and is also quite large. I have plenty of room for all my beauty necessities and lighting to help with me with makeup, hair and basic personal hygiene. My husband is the driver in the family and finds this RV easier to maneuver than any of our previous pull behinds and 5th wheels. We purchased a Chevy Equinox as our ‘dingy’ and unless you look at the camera, it is hard to tell you are towing. The turn signals trigger cameras that provide a clear view of the turn lane and the back camera keeps an eye on the dingy and traffic behind. Parking has always been a ‘fun’ time in our family with me directing and my husband trying to follow my lead. With the back up camera on this RV, we are much happier campers while parking. Newmar makes a superb product with even the seemingly insignificant details included. If we find ourselves fortunate enough to own another RV, it will undoubtedly be a Newmar!
- Deborah Gilkey, Georgia