Newmar RVs Reviews (221)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Newmar RVs Reviews and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of these RVs.

Chase Herbig from Florida says:

Have you owned any Newmar RVs? Write a review

Voted Most Helpful Review 2016 Newmar King Aire 4503 View Listings

Purchased a King Air. Had a problem with the wall slide as it was not level. It was like walking on the side of a hill. Newmar knew they had the problems but sent them to the dealer with the defect. The dealer I also believe knew about the defect. Also the wall slide had a large dent from the inside out. Somehow I over looked it when I purchased but noticed it when I picked up the RV. Newmar service manager told me to bring the rv in and they would adjust the wall slide once they get the parts in from a vendor. This took a month. I refused to drive the RV to dealer since it was a 10 hour round trip then the same to pick up. Newmar manager said they would split the fuel. I was shocked. I refused and after I got my wife involved he agreed. He sent a driver to pick up the RV and returned it but they were suppose to repair the dent at the same time. They didn't stating they didn't have the time so I told The Newmar manager to keep it another week. Didn't hear back from him but the driver called and said he's on the way to deliver my RV. I was surprised that the dent was not going to be repaired but I told them that he would need to return the RV for repairs at his cost. When I got the RV back a few items that I gave the dealer to repair were not done and they destroyed my screen door and scratched up my stainless interior door panel. I later contacted Newmar service manager and told him that he needed to have the RV Ickes up to have the Dent repaired and the other screw up. He said it would be at my cost. Unbelievable,, after fighting thru this he agreed to pay for half the fuel cost. I was in absolute disbelief that this guy is asking me to not only return the RV to the dealer but was negotiating fuel cost. Are we talking about $100 at best. I owned one Essex my first RV then went into owning three preowned Prevosts. I honestly believed that I would get not only a superior RV but the best manufacture and dealer service. To the contrary I was in such disbelief that I sold the RV after owning about 4 months. I was concerned that if Newmar would treat us like they did after just paying over $700,000 for a King Aire what's it going to be like if I had another problem. Newmar knew of the defective wall slide as The service manager told me that they could fix in the field and had to have the vendor make the part for the fix. I have told my story to many many friend that RV and they have stayed away from Newmar. Be careful reading all of these great reviews. Many are staged. RVers need to look at for each other. The manufactures are not regulated like the vehicle manufactures. They dealt with me in bad faith and consumers need to be aware. RVT. Please publish.
- Chase Herbig , Florida

2019-11-30 2014 Newmar Essex 4553 View Listings

I have owned 6 coaches. 2 Monacos (Diplomat & Windsor), 1 American (Tradition), and 3 Newmars (Dutch Star, Mountain Aire & Essex). They are all good coaches. The Essex is the by far the superior in all categories (chassis, electronics, driving comfort, etc).
- Schelly D Doise, Louisiana

2019-11-24 2003 Newmar Dutch Star 3803 View Listings

This was our first RV. We read the "Blogs" and talked to other RV Owners. We looked for a used Tiffin, Monoco or Newmar. Being first time owners, we had no idea what our preferences were but project one was to get the "old" smell out of this 14 year old coach. During our first year we stopped at the Newmar Factory to check it out. They treated us the same as a new owner taking delivery. A nice gentlemen showed us how to locate parts and we purchased all kinds of little parts and pieces from these bins that renewed handles, lights, switches. We've noticed this coach is very well insulated both for temperature and noise. I've been in other coaches and you can easily hear your neighbors conversation next door. We are totally sold on this brand and are actively looking for a newer Newmar.
- Bill Semple, Florida

2019-11-24 2018 Newmar Canyon Star 3911 View Listings

I'll make it short. Had it for 2 years. Goes into shop after every trip, not for the same problem. Neighbors think I rent it. One other thing. Washer, dryer and fridge are Whirpool. If you have a problem and call Whirlpool they say their products are not made for RV's and Newmar is no help
- Frank Campo, Louisiana

2019-11-07 2019 Newmar Dutch Star 4369 View Listings

Purchased first of Feb. 2019 New Since then I have had use of unit for a total of 6 weeks. The rest of the time was having warranty work preformed. currently as of today it has been in the shop for the last month for replacement of the front ram for the 30' slide-out wall. November 7, 2019. this takes my Warranty down to an effective 3-1/2 months since so far the rest of the time it has been in the shop. I paid a $50.00 service call for a warranty issue. Sent Bill and receipt to Newmar and they sent me $10.00 back. In order to not have a high repair bill, I drove 60 miles in the rain without wipers. I am not at all satisfied with my decision to buy a Newmar product.
- Victor Conklin, California

2019-10-27 2019 Newmar Dutch Star 4310 View Listings

My wife and I have owned this RV since September 2018 and have enjoyed its amenities immensely. We have traveled with our daughter, son-in-law, and two grandchildren and all of us are well accommodated. The features are numerous ,as noted in the build sheet. We love this RV, but it’s time to move on to the next chapter of our life and stay near our growing family.
- Donald Howard, Florida

2019-10-24 2020 Newmar Bay Star 3014 View Listings

We purchased our Newmar 3014 in July 2019 after several years trying to decide on a model that would fit our needs. We had owned a smaller 26' Class A but grew tired of the cramped sleeping arrangements so we decided to upgrade to a 30' class A. We researched several manufactures and decided on the Newmar 3014 after seeing them at various RV shows and after touring the Newmar factory in Indiana. We love the quality of this motorhome, from the exterior paint job to the interior furniture and the superior build quality of the unit. The AC's in this unit are whisper quiet, in our last RV we could barely stand it when the AC was running it was so loud. We like the extra insulation Newmar uses for the floor, walls and ceiling which makes this coach super quiet on the inside. The bedroom has a door for privacy and the bed is very comfy. The bathroom has plenty of room and the shower is also spacious. The full wall slide really opens up the floorspace on this RV. The unit also has Samsung smart TV's and Sony Bluray players for both the living and bedroom. It really is like a condo with its upgraded features and décor. If there is one negative to my review it would be the dash AC system, it does not seem to blow cold enough when traveling on hot summer days. We hope to get this looked at and hopefully it can be adjusted. Newmar RV's are top class. They are not the least expensive, however, you do get your money's worth in my opinion.
- Jeff Taylor, Florida

2019-10-23 2015 Newmar Canyon Star 3953 View Listings

This is a dream RV and we unfortunately are not using it. We retired and find ourselves on cruises more and more. The layout is perfect for cooking and living. The dining table has two leaves providing an extra amount of flat surface for entertaining and cooking. My husband and I eat at the dining table and have both tv screens on so we can both watch at the same time. We thought this was funny at first but it was enjoyable. The extra recliner was my husband’s seat as I stretched out on the couch while we watched movies through our Roku, WiFi or DVD. Fantastic stereo and audio system throughout including the outdoor entertainment center. My husband would grill and watch his football games. Again great for entertaining. The half bath also meant no one had to go into our bedroom. The side entrance being located behind the passenger seat was a must for us. I didn’t want to be taking food in and out by the passenger seat. I can’t imagine not having a driver door and the automatic window to pay tolls or get directions. The special amenities like the washer/dryer and the dishwasher were added by the first owner. Not what I would require as we would only go out for four or five days at a time. I did make use of the w/d making clean up on muddy, rainy or days at the beach a breeze. We are the second owner. We had never had a king or a sleep number bed before we bought the RV. Now we have a king and one day I want the sleep number at home. It makes camping a luxury! This RV is decked out to go on the road. The stabilizer bars make driving this 40 foot “Beast” as we call it easy enough for me to drive. Two options we have are selling the RV fully furnished with dishes, linens, fire pit, outdoor chairs, tools and much more and we have a Chevy HHR that is tow ready that can be sold with the RV. Come take a test drive!
- Jean Burmester, Florida

2019-10-22 2016 Newmar Ventana 4369 View Listings

Purchased new, first RV we've owned. Love the layout for full time use. Both Freightliner and Newmar took care of any and all situation. We've lived in this coach for numerous years. Plenty of space. Would highly recommend this coach to anyone.
- Tony Shultz, Florida

2019-10-20 2019 Newmar Dutch Star 4310 View Listings

We are selling a 2019 bunk-floor plan with two full baths; a class A motorcoach. There are multiple upgrades and amenities. I will upload the build sheet. The coach is regularly detailed and has ceramic coating on the front cab. Protective heat screens for the tires and front cab are included.
- Donald Howard, Florida

2019-10-19 2016 Newmar Ventana LE 3709 View Listings

We bought this RV New at RV show and have only had a few minor problems that were taken care of right away. Very happy with the floor plan and quality of workmanship. Wish it had a little more power (340hp) like the newer models (360hp). No real problem with towing, just slow going up hills. Also would have liked the sockets in kitchen to have been in the walls instead of under the cabinets. We did some modification after purchase...took couch out and added power theater chairs and took out the bench seating at the dinning table and have two chairs (all personal preference). Overall we are loving it. Most trips have been short ones. Being in our 70's really enjoy the "comfort drove" steering. Hope the merger with Winnebago does not change the quality of the coach in the future...
- Bruce, California

2019-10-05 2006 Newmar Cypress 32CKRE View Listings

This Newmar 5th wheel is very comfortable and economical to heat and cool. We purchased this unit to travel to Florida from January thru May each year. This RV has a large amount of storage with the pantry and lazy susan making it almost like cooking at home. There are more than adequate amount of full size drawers in the kitchen, bedroom and bathroom. With the two recliners, sofa and the surround sound makes viewing TV very comfortable A large heated basement that supplied all the storage space needed. I had no difficulty in towing, it is well balanced and it also has excellent braking system.
- John Van Lew, North Carolina

2019-10-03 2011 Newmar Dutch Star 4344 View Listings

The leather seats and couches have been disintegrating since 2017.I have tried to contact newmar service since I am aware that this is a problem for numerous coaches. They tell me to email pictures and then their mailbox is always full and I have been unable to get any answers from them.I have had to replace the outside step since it was faulty.For what they charge for these coaches you would expect better quality !!!
- Barry Thompson, Arkansas

2019-09-23 2014 Newmar Dutch Star 4369 View Listings

Newmar is the best built RV... minor issues. you can get help from their toll free hotline!! Have called twice and explained my issue and they walked me right through my problem. Fixed and both times it was just my lack of RV knowledge!! Will probably buy another Newmar.They are built to last!!
- Chris Rabb, North Carolina

2019-09-20 2009 Newmar Dutch Aire 4085 View Listings

We choose NEWMAR Cie for his reputation and we're not deceived, They make great RV's and and posseses an absolute reputation . The best in it's category. We recommand Newmar to any of you, who thinks acquiring his first motorhome.
- Norman Terroux, Quebec

2019-09-14 2006 Newmar Mountain Aire 4307 View Listings

Loved this RV from the moment we purchased it. Bought it from a gentleman that really took care of it. Had more options than we were looking for and most everything was new. Took it on a 8000 mile trip right after purchasing and really impressed us with the amount of room and the livability of this. It was our first RV and it really set the bar high. Biggest bathroom I've seen in one. Large enough for a baby "pack n play" while driving down the road with the door closed. Would definitely do this again.
- James, Florida

2019-08-27 1999 Newmar Dutch Star 2455 View Listings

I had no problem with this Motorhome always start right up I drove from Florida to Knoxville Tn at 65-70 miles an hour no problem at all drives super easy Newmar is great quality manufacture everything works Call 865-314-3024 if any questions
- Benjamin Yoder, Tennessee

2019-08-25 2015 Newmar London Aire 4503 View Listings

I have owned three RV’s and have found this to be the best I have ever owned. The 600 hp Cummins Diesel engine is known as the mountain eater because of it’s ability to climb mountains with ease. With its comfort drive system it makes it very easy to drive on windy days. The vehicle is very comfortable to drive with its big comfortable leather seats. I really enjoy the push button shades for driving and privacy. The king size bed is very comfortable. The heated floor is very nice on cool mornings. On demand water heater is nice. I take it directly to Newmar for service and am always treated very well.
- Michele Pryke , Ontario

2019-08-21 2005 Newmar Kountry Star 3720 View Listings

I have owned my Newmar for 9 years and have never been broken down. The systems, A/c /heating, slides, engine, chassis, and interior systems have always been the best. Newmar has great customer service for questions about doing regular maintenance or parts issues.
- Robert, Florida

2019-08-12 2015 Newmar Ventana 4315 View Listings

I love this RV. The floorplan is perfect for families with the bunk beds mid-cabin, sleeper sofa up front, and the king bed in the back. The 400 hp Cummings engine is plenty powerful to get around, even while towing an SUV. Quality Newmar construction with Comfort Steering. We got one with all the bells and whistles and were able to live comfortably on it full-time. An all electric coach with the Oasis hydronic heating is the way to go! We also enjoyed the exterior TV/Soundbar under the awning. If you are looking for a quality bunkhouse RV, I would definitely recommend this one.
- Dave, Virginia

2019-08-06 2019 Newmar Dutch Star 4018 View Listings

We purchased this RV from Freedom RV in Tucson, Arizona and brought it to Canada 2 months ago. Freedom failed to disclose before our purchase that there was a wall delamination that was repaired by Newmar prior to our purchase. Now we find out that 2 slides were repaired badly at Freedom, and we have water leaking into the coach. Newmar doesn't return our calls and the coach has been sitting for a week at the repair shop, that claims the repair will take them minimally 2 months. We will probably need a lawyer. NEVER purchase from Newmar. Their website is total BS. You are a number, and their financial bottom line is all they care about.
- Karen Parasynchuk, Alberta

2019-08-02 2005 Newmar Kountry Star 3651 View Listings

We drove the RV across the Northern route of the US from North Carolina. We've traveled to many more places in California, Oregon, Utah and Arizona. This is the first class A RV I've owned and I've loved having it. It was set up for towing with the previous owners, but we have not towed anything. Both beds are comfortable. I really like having the larger refrigerator and convection/microwave oven. Very easy to use. The all-in-one washer/dryer is also a plus. There is plenty of storage space throughout (main kitchen and living area, as well as the bathroom and bedroom).
- Michelle, California

2019-08-02 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 3812 View Listings

This model RV is like driving a Cadillac. Plenty of power from the Cummins 370, smooth shifting with the Allison 6 speed automatic. Combine that with the best in class Spartan chassis and it makes for an awesome driving, riding, performing RV. Newmar used all the best components putting this RV together. The cabinetry is all wood, no particle board or plywood here. The furniture is all Flexsteel. Top of the line fabric covers all of it. GE microwave/convection is the right size for a family. Norcold fridge keeps all your cold items at the right temp. This RV has been a pleasure to own,drive, and live in!
- Mike Bullock, Missouri

2019-07-28 2000 Newmar Dutch Star 3865 View Listings

One of the best motor couch I have ever owned.We took it across country and back up and down East coast. With open living area and full living slide its a joy to set up and enjoy. Even if you do not open slide out you have a large living room easily able to go from front to read of couch.
- Ballard, MK, North Carolina

2019-07-22 2003 Newmar Dutch Star 4004 View Listings

We had nothing but a positive experience with our RV. Newmar was always helpful if we had issues, things that we couldn't discover ourselves. We never were full time RV people, but we lived in our motorhome 3 or 4 months out of every year, and sometimes 5 months. It is an easy rig to drive and I always pulled my chevy pickup with a atv loaded in back. I sometimes would have liked to have had the larger cat engine when pulling a long grade. My brother in law had a like coach with the larger Caterpillar engine and he would pass me on the hills. But I always passed him at the fuel stops. I experienced very good mileage 8-9 miles per gallon. I will miss our home away from very much, but hope someone will buy it and enjoy it as much as we have.
- Leon P Kellogg, Oregon