Itasca Navion Reviews on RV Insider (23)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Itasca Navion RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Al Alexander from Minnesota says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2016 Itasca Navion 24J View Listings

Had multiple problems out of the shoot. Have about 800 miles on the new rig cabinet handles were mis aligned and broken. Had to pay the dealer to repair. Water leak from faucet. Dealer will not repair. Door covering water heater (outside) does not fit properly. Wrong size screw. Dealer said all Winnebego products have bad doors over this compartment. He even showed me a few. He's right. I bought a Winnebego product hoping for quality. I am very disappointed with the vehicle and the dealer. Note I have has class c motor homes for 30 years. Also I am quite offended that the warranty does not include labor. Never heard of such a thing. They make me pay for their poor workmanship
- Al Alexander, Minnesota

2020-09-12 2015 Itasca Navion 24J View Listings

I HAVE OWNED MANY RVS OVER THE YEARS AND THIS IS BY FAR THE BEST. BEING ON A MERCEDES CHASSIS IT IS SUPPER EASY TO DRIVE AND FIND SERVICE. GETTING 16 MPG AND GETS SERVICED EVERY 5,000 MILES WINNEBAGO SERVICE TECH IS AVAILABLE ON THE PHONE
- Art Davis, California

2020-09-02 2009 Itasca Navion 24J View Listings

This RV-Navion was just what I wanted 8 years ago. It has everything for dry camping. I used it in freezing weather for 3 days with no problem, no hookups and still had more battery life, LP gas and water left. Over night in Yellow Stone was awesome as well as the sights there and back for the 4 of us. Diesel is great climbing mountains and logged 14-17 MPG. The 24 footer handles great on the road and can go where the big rigs can't. I'm surprised how easy it is to travel down town and park. I am selling because I would like a newer model.
- Al, Virginia

2020-08-13 2008 Itasca Navion 24H View Listings

The 24H is best for a single traveler. The jack knife sofa is very uncomfortable and will not accommodate a tall person. I replaced it with a platform and custom mattress. The bathroom across the back provides for a very generous shower and good space for lav and commode. All components e.g. HVAC, frig, stove/microwave/convection over, cabinetry, etc. are 1st class and very tasteful. Sprinter chassis is very good and gives outstanding mpg. My unit had a design flaw that required an expensive repair but I understand Mercedes has corrected the issue.
- mike enger, Arkansas

2020-03-11 2007 Itasca Navion 23J View Listings

I have owned this RV for over 2 years. I bought it, never having been in an RV before. I quickly learnt from friends and then went on to driving it to 32 states. It is self contained with all the comforts of home. I selected this floor plan because of the bed at back and not having to make it up each day.It works well. I love the slideout which gives you that extra comfort when parked. It drives great and goes that extra mile being economical because of it being diesel.I also had the benefit of knowing that the engine will keep going for many miles in the future. The kitchen, refrigerator configuration also works well. Enough storage throughout to take your wants and needs. The size/length of it works well for parking in most areas too. I highly recommend this RV. I have had a lot of pleasure travelling in it. A Mini house on wheels!! Happy Camping..
- Kelly, Florida

2019-09-11 2014 Itasca Navion 24J View Listings

Love this RV. Looking to get another one just like it only a new one. These units drive so good and easy and get the best gas mileage. I went from a class A pusher diesel to this unit and do not regret it. These RVs are so user friendly. They are great for the beginner or the novice.
- Bruce, Alabama

2019-08-19 2014 Itasca Navion 24J View Listings

My husband and I have traveled over 35,000 miles in our coach and have enjoyed every minute. The vehicle handles with ease. The floor design is wonderful. There is plenty of storage for our golf clubs, fishing gear, barbecue and folding picnic table.
- Karen , Colorado

2019-01-24 2010 Itasca Navion 24A View Listings

Unit has great livability with the amenities of a larger coach. Very economical to operate with mileage 15-20 mpg. Drives like a van or SUV. Tows as if nothing is behind it. The manufacturer keeps all parts in stock and is very responsive to requests for assistance.
- Gwyn R. Parsons, North Carolina

2018-10-16 2011 Itasca Navion 24J View Listings

As a single first time buyer I couldn't have been happier with this RV. It rides and drives beautifully. Can be parked any where it's legal to do so which is nearly every where. It's safe. Good mileage with Diesel. I knew that the engine which is a Mercedes Benz would never fail me. The backup camera and GPS are excellent. The ease of navigation is like driving a tall car!
- Carol Byron, California

2018-09-02 2015 Itasca Navion 24V View Listings

Pros. Easy to turn, easy to park, sleeps many for the size, good mileage. 2 twin beds turn into big King bed, 2 TV’s n nice sound system, Mercedez Benz, sofa cum bed, bunk over bed, Cons. Did not tow yet. 6 people can’t live inside for 6 months.
- Danny, Florida

2018-04-17 2009 Itasca Navion 24A View Listings

i have loved this RV for it's compact ease of use. I have traveled in it extensively by myself and with another person. I have found it to be quite comfortable. This has a bump out couch with overhead storage across from the dinette. I bought baskets for the overhead storage that turned out to be very efficient use. the refrigerator and freezer have plenty of room i came back from the store with bags of groceries and was always able to fit things in.The cook top has 3 burners and an overhead vent below the upper convection oven microwave combination. the bathroom is adequate the best part being a stand alone shower. There is an overhead power vent in the bathroom along with another roof vent in the front area for expelling heat or looking at the stars. I installed a electrical surge protector along with a pressure regulator for the water. I also installed a braking system system for pulling a trailer. I pulled a car a Chevy Equinox with great success. There are two stereo systems one in the cab and the other above the dinette that does DVD as well. All the storage works well and is enough space for clothing and extras. The motor home has a Mercedes Benz diesel on a sprinter chassis. This has got to be one of the best combinations on the road Mercedes and Winnebago.
- brian jones, Vermont

2017-11-14 2017 Itasca Navion 24J View Listings

Traded in a 2017 Forest River 2400RSD for this 2017 Nation 24j. I won't go into why, but I will say that my wife and I are very happy that we did. Took it out a few times and the only issue we had was that the GPS/ Nav system did not work. Come to find out that the antennae wasn't connected. And that was it. Overall construction is excellent. The outside storage compartments have a metal floor. The forest river was plastic and had sagged. We had the Truma on demand hit water added, a low pressure LP line for a grill run. I added the Suma springs, front and rear (easy) which improved the ride considerably. For us, this was the best choice. It feels luxurious, handles great, easy to drive.
- Jeff, Washington

2017-09-27 2015 Itasca Navion 24J View Listings

Fantastic RV: the size is both livable and not too big to easily maneuver and drive.The interior is spacious and well thought out with top quality appliances and finishes. Exterior is very attractive.
- Alex Scholten, Florida

2017-07-26 2007 Itasca Navion 24H View Listings

I felt very comfortable driving this rig. Felt like a big van and had plenty of pep for mountain driving. Interior space is very well designed. Cabinets are high quality. I can't believe we got better gas mileage with this RV than with our pickup truck with a topper. Can't beat Winnebago!
- Irene Schmidt, Wisconsin

2017-06-09 2013 Itasca Navion 24V View Listings

runs well, handles well, sensors are overdone, easy to drive, great for 2 people, easy to fit into small spaces, comfortable in a park, easy to clean, had to replace the refrigerator could not stay cold, great bathroom, great rear bed, nice seating and wonderful front storage and Privacy curtains Having had 6 motorhomes this is the best driving of all of them
- M J MacEwan, Pennsylvania

2016-08-13 2008 Itasca Navion 24J View Listings

What an awesome motor home for exploring this great land! Perfect for a couple or young family, and very easy to drive. It gets 15-18 mpg and the diesel has plenty of power on those steep mountain roads. The Sprinter chassis has been very reliable and easy to maintain.
- Jerry, New Mexico

2016-07-10 2015 Itasca Navion 24J View Listings

We had a 2013 Navion 24J but upgraded to the 2015 Navion 24J due to all the changes/upgrades in 2015. Very pleased with the 2015 24J, great fuel mileage 14-17mpg (6 cyl), only problem we have ever had was with the exterior doors locking system but all was under warranty through both Winnebago and Mercedes which jumped on it and got it repaired! Would recommend this model to anyone! Love it.
- RB, Oregon

2016-06-28 2013 Itasca Navion 24V View Listings

Our 2013 Itasca Navion proved to be the perfect Motor Homer. At 17mpg given the mountainous terrain, we never missed not hauling a car. The separate shower and multi energy supply was great. We like the twin beds that convert to a King. Very comfortable riding. All systems worked well. This is definitely the motor home for a couple to own and travel extensively in.
- Mary Rommel, New York

2016-06-22 2013 Itasca Navion 24J View Listings

This RV has been great for trips with the kids and trips as a couple. There is enough room to easily accommodate five, but it is not overwhelming for a trip for just two. It was surprising to me how easy it is to drive. I only have had to adjust for its size when navigating narrow spaces and when parallel parking.
- Kristin Truse, New Mexico

2016-05-20 2016 Itasca Navion 24J View Listings

Ordered from dealership in February and took possession in May 2015. On my first outing on the fifth night the AC broke in Phoenix Arizona. Took it to dealer for repair. Major failure on AC. Winnebago was contacted and stated it was a Coleman problem. Coleman stated I had to wait for them to ship a new unit even though there was one available in Phoenix. Coleman did not expedite the shipment. Nine days later it arrived damaged and Coleman stated I had to wait for another replacement. Winnebago finally did something and approved the getting the AC unit in Phoenix. I had spent Nine nights in a Hotel because the temperature was 115 degrees. The AC/Heat pump has failed two more times since. The refrigerator has failed three times for various reasons. This unit has been in the shop over 12 weeks in the year I have owned it. It is in the shop again. I purchase what I thought was the top of the line model, not a cheap manufactured unit. I am truly disappointed. Every time it is used something breaks.
- Craig W Guth, Texas

2015-09-04 2007 Itasca Navion 23H View Listings

Bought this RV to run up and down the roads and not for long time camping. It is very versatile in that you can go just about anywhere a car or pickup can go. Easy to get around parking lots and in city driving. It can sleep 6 but 6 people would be crowded in this rig. Great for a couple traveling. It is very well outfitted and we like the full shower. The quiet Onan generator makes it great for dry camping. Can run A/C and Micro at the same time. The propane Onan is very easy on fuel. The 5 cylinder Mercedes Diesel is also great on fuel. It has plenty of power for hill climbing and gets decent mileage. Mine averaged about 16MPG running about 63MPH.
- Austinbart, Texas

2015-06-10 2006 Itasca Navion 23J View Listings

I like and TRUST this RV a lot. At 15.2 miles to the gallon ,through terrible weather (heavy winds, rain etc), it just can't be beat. I enjoy cooking in this unit and found there is plenty of room for all my kitchen doo-dads and trinkets. (Like the Sharper Image Infrared Oven, crock pot, LARGE pots and pans, coffee pots and bean grinder and hold you hat....dada....my VitaMix!!! I did not use the two TVs much (except the one in the bedroom) but there was room for me to take my large screen TV and hooked it up to a DVD player to watch movies. My friend enjoyed the shower and had plenty of hot water. (I used the ones at the RV park) This being my first RV, I found it fairly easy to hook up and tear down although I am no speed demon. I like the ease of parking anywhere and was exceptionally impressed with the air-conditioner and the fridge. The ONLY reason I am selling this coach is because I like to sit on the side of the bed (even in the middle of the night sometimes) and this bed being located in the back corner is rather "contained" with no space to walk around it. I do think it a perfect coach for one...or two if they are in love and "like" each other's company. Just can't beat that little mercedes benz "turbo" engine The winnebago coach is well thought out, especially for storage. I like the "push-lock" cabinets and curved design. My first RV is a good one. It took me a long time to find it, I hope I am not making a mistake by going larger.
- Michael, Texas

2014-10-29 2008 Itasca Navion 24H View Listings

Having the Mercedes Sprinter chassis means this is a great vehicle for driving. Easy to maneuver, park, and back-up. Also gets excellent fuel economy (15.5 mpg) for a motor home. The diesel engine has plenty of power. I would not want this unit if I were the type of camper to stay in a campground for an extended period, but for travel and staying 1 or 2 nights at each stop it can't be beat. There is excellent support from the Winnebago factory and from the Skinnie Winnie Yahoo User's Group. The H floor plan has no dedicated bed, therefore the living space and bathroom is larger. The downside is having to make up the bed nightly unless you sleep over the cab, which I only did once!
- Bob Higgins, Georgia