Fleetwood RVs Reviews (481)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Fleetwood RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of these RVs.

Shane from Utah says:

Have you owned any Fleetwood RVs? Write a review

Voted Most Helpful Review 2015 Fleetwood Discovery 37R View Listings

HORRIBLE! DONT BUY ONE. I bought a brand new 37r from my local dealer. From day one I have had nothing but problems with it. Sure it had some little quirks with it like every Motorhome will. I know you are rolling down the road shaking the pieces out of these things, but this went way deeper than that. We had a smell coming inside the coach that smelled like engine burning, or exhaust or something from the engine compartment. When we drove it, it would give us bad headaches and make us a little nauseous. I took it in to the dealer and they could not find anything. I took another trip and same things happened. So back to the dealer. ( mind you it has now been in the shop about 15 times) they found about 30 cracks, holes, areas where the wood was not tight or where things did not align up properly so they foamed it all with expanding spray foam. They went overboard. I removed the wood cover over my water heater. All the water lines were now encased in foam. Half of my water heater was covered in foam. That's what the manufacture told the dealer to do. Guess what, it did not solve the problem. Back and forth to the dealer countless times. Finally fleetwood said we will bring it back to the manufacture and work on it. So they did. Put another 3000 miles on the coach and spent three weeks back there. I now have 11,000 miles on the coach and have only taken 5 trips in it. They said they tore out the whole master bedroom and replaced the floor. They drove it back out to me and said it was all fixed.... (Wrong). Still did the very same thing. I was pissed. Let me point out at this point, this is just one items I have been dealing with. There are countless other things going wrong with the coach simultaneously. Just to name a few. First trip out it started raining, the wipers would not work. But when it quit raining they would work again. I finally fiqured out that water from the road was coming up over the wheel well and into the electrical panel compartment behind the wheel well and shorting out the wipers. Many hours later and countless tubes of caulking that one was fixed. I had door frames falling apart from the ceiling so doors would not close, I had no heat out of the front dashboard. I had no heat in the master bedroom or bathroom (found out they smashed the duct work when installed. ) I had outlets pulling out of the walls. I had very low hot water pressure and they could not tell me why. They just said that is normal. (So normal I could not shower because the water would just trickle down the shower faucet, right. ) Again after many trips and many hours they found it had a bad water mixing valve. (Can you say LEMON). Oh no don't say it yet. It gets worse...... On top of about 20 other things going wrong with the inside of the coach. I decide to go to Vegas. I get two hours down the road, the whole time I could smell a very strong smell and it continued getting worse. I finally considered turning around because my wife was now on the couch sick as a dog, massive headache and I myself was nauseous and also had a headache when I had someone signal to me to pull over. When I did I went outside to the engine compartment and I had diesel fuel pouring out on the ground and had been spraying my tow vehicle for the last two hours. Everything was covered. I called the manufacture and they told me to tow it to the nearest dealer and have it fixed. End of vacation again. It spent yet another week in the shop to find out that the fuel injector on cylinder number 1 had broken off. And of coarse it was a recalled part but they don't feel it is important to warn people about it. They will just fix it as they break. Amazing... Anyway. Back to the next and final trip in this Motorhome for me. I went up to see our daughter in Another state, and spent the first night there and on the second night at 1:30 am the carbon monoxide detector goes off. It scares the living crap out of me. I get up and feel sick and a little dizzy. I open up the windows and door to air it out. Finally after about ten minutes the alarm quits chirping. I was so mad at this point I knew I was done. The next day I went in to a dealership where I was at and found a new coach that I really liked. It is a tiffin 40 qbh. Have heard nothing but fabulous things about the quality of tiffin and the support you get. I traded in my old Fleetwood and drove home in the new coach. What a difference to finally be in a unit that is quality built. I would like you to note that all through this process I was in contact with the manufacture and not once did they say, hey I am real sorry, I think you might of got a lemon, let's replace it with another coach. Not once did they offer to help out with expenses incurred from all the mishaps. I spent 200,000 on the coach and have made payments of 2000.00 a month for a year now. That's 24,000 dollars plus the loss of the trade in because fleetwood would drag their feet and not do anything for me I lost another 40,000 in the trade. So I have lost over 64,000 dollars on a coach I have not been able to take out once without some major problems that ruined each trip. I finally called fleetwood and told them that I traded in the old 37r and bought a different brand and they seemed to care less. I know I am just one person to many millions of buyers for them. And I am sure they are happy to have me gone. But with the use of media like it is today. My one review will hopefully affect thousands as they consider what to buy when it comes to a new rv. Fleetwood should be excluded from your list. There is no customer service!!! I fully expected fleetwood to stand up for what they sell, I had a very bad unit, I expected fleetwood to buy it back from me and let me chose another coach. At the time I would have been happy to just swap it out with another new coach. But they chose not to go that route. Instead they would just keep blowing me off until I would go away. Well they got part of it right. I went away but I am not gone. I will forever more tell people at every rally I go to and every person I see and talk to about rv's the experiences that I had with fleetwood. I am not a vindictive person but if that is the way they are going to treat their customers then I want people to know about it. It's never to late to make this right Fleetwood........just saying P.s. I keep thinking of things that were wrong with the unit. There were so many things that I start to forget them over time...I wished I could add pictures to this review. Pictures are worth a thousand words and they would speak volumes for this coach. Some of each of these things contributed to a ruined vacation every single time we went out. And mind you at a cost of many thousands of dollars with time off work, time in shops getting things fixed, non refundable helicopter trips to the bottom of the Grand Canyon that you missed because your Motorhome is sitting on the side of the freeway broken down again....it's not worth it. No hot water could not shower whole trip (several trips. Kept saying it was fixed when it was not) Water mixing valve inop Outlets falling out of place No heat on dashboard Water into electrical panel compartment Electric cord reel broken. Would not stop winding up. Front rock guard peeling off Fuel injector broken off ( engine about to catch fire) Wipers not working Outside compartment doors flying open during travel on freeway (scary) Kinked power steering hose ( from the manufacture) Squeaky brakes since ownership Delaminated windshield Faulty water heater fuel valve Leaky pipes at water heater Smell from engine compartment Cracks, holes, openings for smell to come through Sun bleached led lighting on front of coach Smokey generator Air leak in man door and one window (air whistling while driving) Steering wheel cover latch broken Microwave squeaking so loud. Had fixed at factory. Came back worse No heat into bedroom and bathroom (smashed duct work ) No heat under dash on drivers side Bathroom window seal came apart. Would not seal. Forgot to fix at factory I know there are more things I just can not remember them at this moment. Do yourself a favor and take it from someone who has learned the hard way. Don't do it. Save yourself the pain and agony and your hard earned dollars and do some research. You will come up with a better solution. My question is why do companies act this way.....it used to be because they can.. But not anymore. I have seen social media close companies down. That's not my intent here but I would like to see something done. And if word continues to spread it will reach the majority of the Masses and things will change for the better or they will have to close down. Had that carbon monoxide detector not gone off. I would not be here writing this letter to you. I would be dead and not one thing would change.
- Shane, Utah

2019-06-15 2003 Fleetwood Flair 33R View Listings

We have been able to travel in extreme comfort. And host large parties from the well designed kitchen.the storage bays have maximum room for games and camping equipment and tools and extra supplies. We have been very comfortable in both extremes of weather.
- Lori Taylor, Nebraska

2019-06-14 1993 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 35V View Listings

This RV has been wonderful for my mom and stepdad! They've traveled all over and enjoyed the ease and comfort of their RV. It has everything you need or want in a house on wheels. It's been garaged, maintained, and taken care of since the day they bought it. I don't think they've even stepped on the carpet! They cover it with rugs to keep it pristine! Due to age and health they are reluctantly letting it go. If you are remotely interested in this RV, call and arrange a time to go see it. It would be worth your time and effort.
- Dana, Ohio

2019-06-10 2016 Fleetwood Flair 26E View Listings

The best floor plan of any class A i have seen. Large separate shower is hard to find in this price range, plus separate bathroom with porcelain toilet across the hall. Two queen Beds. Very Comfortable. More storage than you can use.
- Curt Landes, Utah

2019-06-08 2007 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 35A View Listings

The 35A is a great model for entertaining with the 2 slides in the main area opening up the kitchen and living room. The drivers and passengers chairs and recliner chair can swivel to add seating for larger groups. The kitchen is well equipped and organized for "cooking" or pot-luck dinners with pull out island for food or as a liquor bar. The large fridge, extensive counter top and the double sink allow for ample room for all you choose to do. The separated 3 way split bathroom area allows each piece to be used by various people at the same time ! The 3rd slide out in the bedroom makes the room large and its a walk-around bed. The cupboard space in each room is ample for long periods away from home or to live in for extended periods. The basement storage is significant. Outdoor living is enhanced by the long awning for gatherings and shade. I would recommend and buy this model, 35A, again and again.
- Celia, British Columbia

2019-06-04 1998 Fleetwood American Tradition View Listings

Very reliable and well-built. Easy to maintain and drive. Plenty of power for economical cruising. Drive it 25k-30k miles a year and never a problem. Always pulling a four down 4-door pickup and receive 12-13 mpg doing so. No bad!
- Bill Piper, North Carolina

2019-06-03 2006 Fleetwood Expedition 38L View Listings

This is a great rv we own a fleetwood expedition and they are great motorhomes we have had no problems with ours and we love it has a lot of room in them ours has a washer and dryer that we use a lot it is good uf you are part timers or full timers ours has four slides and lots of space
- Judy, Texas

2019-06-01 2013 Fleetwood Expedition 40X View Listings

We initially purchased the RV to visit our kids at college but quickly expanded to weekly and monthly trips. When we moved we even lived in it for 6 months while our house we being built. Great roomy floor plan with lots of storage and extra amenities.
- Dan, Kentucky

2019-05-31 1999 Fleetwood Terry EX View Listings

It was great at first but after years of towing it from Campground to Campground all the seals started breaking loose and I got water damage over 50% of the vehicle everything from the molding at the floor line down has to be replaced! both slides are leaking, the front is leaking, and all along the top above the living room slide. all Listed areas are Water soaked and are delaminating! Door frames are missing every other screw (from the factory) lots of factory defects looks like they were in a hurry when they built this thing.
- Bill, Michigan

2019-05-27 2008 Fleetwood Discovery 40X View Listings

We love it ... just don’t have time to camp or travel like we plan on doing. It’s a great camper everything you need and then some , Garage keep.... extended warranty comes with it from Good Sam’s. Everything in good working condition.
- Susan Baroni, Mississippi

2019-05-26 2008 Fleetwood Revolution 42K View Listings

One of the most spacious class A motor homes built with it 27 ft slide out room. Driving it and pulling a Jeep truck or any other vehicle is a breeze with its extra stable tag axle. Very clean as well as many new updated items were installed within just the last two years giving the new owners many more years of service. Regular oil changes using only synthetic oil, new smart TVs, automatic satellite search Dish system, new Vent covers, new updated rear & side color camera system and new in dash updated Sirius radio with surround sound. Tires have 95 percent of their tread. Easy Automatic leveling system is a huge welcome and makes setting up enjoyable. Push button electric reel cord is simple protected by a built in electrical surge protector. Commanding this home on the road or parking in the RV park is a real joy. Having all new updates in equipment and all appliances serviced, will give the new owner a lot of time to travel quickly set up and and park with the push of a button.
- Lanny and Susan Camden, Florida

2019-05-19 2008 Fleetwood Americana Utah View Listings

Love camping -- have had many folding campers over the last 40 years. The Utah has one of the best floor plans and holds an extended family. It's easy to set up and beds are very comfortable. Love sleeping out and unzipping the windows for a night breeze. It's the best way to travel as a family.
- Ken, Pennsylvania

2019-05-05 2008 Fleetwood Expedition 38F View Listings

We have owned this Fleetwood Expedition for ten years. It took about two years to get the bugs out with exceptional service from General RV in Birch Run, MI. We live in our coach six months out of the year in AZ. Sometimes we stay in the desert for two weeks at a time and rely on the 640 watts of solar power that we had installed on the coach. On the road the coach drives really well & even better after we installed a super steer unit on the steering system. Living in the coach is very comfortable with plenty of room for both my wife & I. We each have our own bathroom, she let me have the full bath because of the washer/dryer being in there. I do the laundry in the coach 😁. Overall we have made a lot of memories in the coach. Each summer we take the grandkids North with us for their vacation from their parents & have a great time. I could go on & on but will stop here. We love the Fleetwood brand and would stay with it but it's time to move on so we are selling our beloved coach.
- Domingo Davila, South Dakota

2019-05-01 2014 Fleetwood Bounder 33C View Listings

For a new RV owner I couldn't have picked a better Motor home to own. Easy to handle, easy to learn and fun to live in while camping, all the comforts of home. Easy setup to tear down. You set up high when traveling and able to see a lot more than from a car. Big front window lets you see a lot! We towed a Ford focus and I even forgot the car was there at times!! The factory warranty support rating I give is for the place we bought it. Very poor service, very poor management. However whenever I went to Fleetwood I got outstanding support.
- DDeaver, Michigan

2019-04-26 2010 Fleetwood Fiesta 34B View Listings

This RV has it all! Outdoor living room with TV makes this motorhome even better for families that may want to have their space. The right size to park and drive in the city or through the National Parks. The side cameras make lane changes easy. The children love the bunk beds. Wife loves the master bedroom with two slides it is a master bedroom from home.
- Wes Henry, Arizona

2019-04-19 2014 Fleetwood Terra SE 31C View Listings

I loved the spaciousness and the nice quality of the Terra SE. The optimal layout just can't be beat, very unique as it sleeps up to 10. Side bunks are fantastic for kids and their things. Very comfortable to drive. The hide a bed, fold out couch and sleeping area under booth diner table were also very convenient. The heating/cooling system and thermostat were fantastic and the propane/electric fridge runs for a while on the propane. Lots of modern amenities including automatic hydraulic jacks, rear and side view camera and Bluetooth and XM radio sound system including CD/DVD players. Lots of storage internally to the rig as well as external for surfboards, chairs, tents, strollers. We loved the outdoor shower and the hot water heater was very quick and got the water smoking hot quickly. We love the Terra for a 30ft RV, you just can't beat the configuration. The slides make it the size of a small apartment.
- Tanya Wills, California

2019-04-16 2007 Fleetwood Fiesta LX 34N View Listings

This is a wonderful Class A motor home. Having the Workhorse 8.1L engine with the Allison transmission gave it plenty of power and a trouble free experience. This rig has all the benefits of the high end class A motorhomes with the lower price point of a gasoline rig. So much storage, always room for whatever you want to bring on your trip.
- Douglas Kirby, California

2019-04-15 2014 Fleetwood Terra 31TS View Listings

Used for weekend runs with the family. Has some issues here and there, but over all was very reliable. V10 did a great job for a Gas, and improved as some miles got on the odometer. the twin Heat pumps did very well and we never had to engage the gas heat. AC's kept up in all but the most extreme heat. Did very well for my family.
- DAve K, Virginia

2019-04-13 2015 Fleetwood Excursion 35E View Listings

We had a good experience with the Excursion 35E. We bought it for the size and the floor-plan. The size is small enough to say your 35' to fit into national parks, like Yosemite and Yellowstone; but, large enough that a family with three kids can travel/live for extended periods without feeling real cramped. The drop-down full-size queen over the driver area is fantastic. (the most comfortable place in the rv). The Freightliner chassis is reliable. We felt the 300HP had plenty of power to tow a CRV without really knowing it was there and still get 10mpg average. The kitchen is well appointed with good counter space. I do recommend the washer/dryer installed in the back bedroom. The bedroom had wall space perfect to mount a desk I had made and worked from the road. The drawbacks are the house batteries that are too hard to access so I replaced the water-filled with gel. The interior construction is adequate, but the wall panels and trim are all attached with staples which can back out (I don't have enough experience with other RVs to know if this is standard). They should have had a roof vent in the back bedroom. Overall I would still buy the same RV again.
- Robert Bennett, Georgia

2019-04-11 2013 Fleetwood Discovery 40X View Listings

When in need of temporary residence for 4 months between moves, this RV was super comfortable, roomy and had everything we needed! We never felt cramped; the ceramic e floors are easy to care and look wonderful. This RV is perfect for anyone who wants to live in FL during the winters or for the sports enthusiast who enjoys racing - it can easily pull a 30 ft enclosed trailer too!
- D Peterson, Florida

2019-04-11 2015 Fleetwood Providence 42M View Listings

This RV has exceeded our expectations for towing. We have taken it over the Rocky Mountains while towing and it performed well. It is easily driveable without any special training. The full side slide in addition to the other 2 slides really makes the unit feel like a home when extended and it makes it very livable. It has great features like a dishwasher and full size washer and dryer even a pantry in the kitchen with slide out shelves and house size frig. Plenty of storage inside and outside the unit with a slide out tray. Has enough storage we put 3 full ize bicycles in the under storage and still have room in other compartments.
- Todd , Colorado

2019-04-08 2006 Fleetwood Southwind 37C View Listings

Beautiful rides great very well built has lots of extras We camped with this rig and it has everything you could every need It’s a great buy and built to last. The outside looks brand new as well as the inside
- Lois , California

2019-04-08 2004 Fleetwood Terra 26Y View Listings

Nice starter RV, but a little more length would make room for more amenities. For a small family or a retired couple it is perfect. It is easy to drive and easy to park. The kitchen area is very convenient.
- Lloyd Kautz, Washington

2019-04-07 2005 Fleetwood Terra 32S View Listings

What a great ride! Last summer, we had a day trip to the north shore of Lake Superior - nine adults fit comfortably. Plenty of room to play cards at the table while others took turns in the shot-gun seat! On another vacation, four adults and two children spent a week on the road and slept well with plenty of room. This is a great RV.
- Julie Z., Minnesota

2019-04-03 1998 Fleetwood American Eagle 40EVS View Listings

during the past 20 years its been to San Diego,Key West, Prince Edward isle,Edmonton Alb, Fairbanks,Alaska. Rocky Point,Mexico. Its on its 3rd set of Tires. on its 2nd Satellite,since Direct TV made the 1st receiver obsolete. the original air conditioner covers died after ten years, so i replaced them. we are on our 3rd set of house & diesel batteries. one remarkable thing is the Dometic Elite Side by side Refrigerator/ freezer is still functioning. During the winter months, I keep an electric oil filled radiator heater,set at 50 degrees to protect the leather couches & front seats.While in Rocky point,a local business provides a washing & hand waxing service for seventy five dollars. they also made & installed a new slideout awning for $125.this is my 2nd american eagle.I try to purchase a 5or6 year old luxurious motorhome for about one half of the original cost.this way I get five to eight years of great service then I sell it.one other thing, with its dual diesel fill points{left & right side] there is less waiting to replenish the tanks.even after 20 years the factory still provides great advice if you have any problems.
- dick gelasco, cw4,US Army Retired, New Mexico