Fleetwood RVs Reviews on RV Insider (554)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Fleetwood RVs Reviews and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of these RVs.

Shane from Utah says:

Have you owned any Fleetwood RVs? Write a review

Voted Most Helpful Review 2015 Fleetwood Discovery 37R View Listings

HORRIBLE! DONT BUY ONE. I bought a brand new 37r from my local dealer. From day one I have had nothing but problems with it. Sure it had some little quirks with it like every Motorhome will. I know you are rolling down the road shaking the pieces out of these things, but this went way deeper than that. We had a smell coming inside the coach that smelled like engine burning, or exhaust or something from the engine compartment. When we drove it, it would give us bad headaches and make us a little nauseous. I took it in to the dealer and they could not find anything. I took another trip and same things happened. So back to the dealer. ( mind you it has now been in the shop about 15 times) they found about 30 cracks, holes, areas where the wood was not tight or where things did not align up properly so they foamed it all with expanding spray foam. They went overboard. I removed the wood cover over my water heater. All the water lines were now encased in foam. Half of my water heater was covered in foam. That's what the manufacture told the dealer to do. Guess what, it did not solve the problem. Back and forth to the dealer countless times. Finally fleetwood said we will bring it back to the manufacture and work on it. So they did. Put another 3000 miles on the coach and spent three weeks back there. I now have 11,000 miles on the coach and have only taken 5 trips in it. They said they tore out the whole master bedroom and replaced the floor. They drove it back out to me and said it was all fixed.... (Wrong). Still did the very same thing. I was pissed. Let me point out at this point, this is just one items I have been dealing with. There are countless other things going wrong with the coach simultaneously. Just to name a few. First trip out it started raining, the wipers would not work. But when it quit raining they would work again. I finally fiqured out that water from the road was coming up over the wheel well and into the electrical panel compartment behind the wheel well and shorting out the wipers. Many hours later and countless tubes of caulking that one was fixed. I had door frames falling apart from the ceiling so doors would not close, I had no heat out of the front dashboard. I had no heat in the master bedroom or bathroom (found out they smashed the duct work when installed. ) I had outlets pulling out of the walls. I had very low hot water pressure and they could not tell me why. They just said that is normal. (So normal I could not shower because the water would just trickle down the shower faucet, right. ) Again after many trips and many hours they found it had a bad water mixing valve. (Can you say LEMON). Oh no don't say it yet. It gets worse...... On top of about 20 other things going wrong with the inside of the coach. I decide to go to Vegas. I get two hours down the road, the whole time I could smell a very strong smell and it continued getting worse. I finally considered turning around because my wife was now on the couch sick as a dog, massive headache and I myself was nauseous and also had a headache when I had someone signal to me to pull over. When I did I went outside to the engine compartment and I had diesel fuel pouring out on the ground and had been spraying my tow vehicle for the last two hours. Everything was covered. I called the manufacture and they told me to tow it to the nearest dealer and have it fixed. End of vacation again. It spent yet another week in the shop to find out that the fuel injector on cylinder number 1 had broken off. And of coarse it was a recalled part but they don't feel it is important to warn people about it. They will just fix it as they break. Amazing... Anyway. Back to the next and final trip in this Motorhome for me. I went up to see our daughter in Another state, and spent the first night there and on the second night at 1:30 am the carbon monoxide detector goes off. It scares the living crap out of me. I get up and feel sick and a little dizzy. I open up the windows and door to air it out. Finally after about ten minutes the alarm quits chirping. I was so mad at this point I knew I was done. The next day I went in to a dealership where I was at and found a new coach that I really liked. It is a tiffin 40 qbh. Have heard nothing but fabulous things about the quality of tiffin and the support you get. I traded in my old Fleetwood and drove home in the new coach. What a difference to finally be in a unit that is quality built. I would like you to note that all through this process I was in contact with the manufacture and not once did they say, hey I am real sorry, I think you might of got a lemon, let's replace it with another coach. Not once did they offer to help out with expenses incurred from all the mishaps. I spent 200,000 on the coach and have made payments of 2000.00 a month for a year now. That's 24,000 dollars plus the loss of the trade in because fleetwood would drag their feet and not do anything for me I lost another 40,000 in the trade. So I have lost over 64,000 dollars on a coach I have not been able to take out once without some major problems that ruined each trip. I finally called fleetwood and told them that I traded in the old 37r and bought a different brand and they seemed to care less. I know I am just one person to many millions of buyers for them. And I am sure they are happy to have me gone. But with the use of media like it is today. My one review will hopefully affect thousands as they consider what to buy when it comes to a new rv. Fleetwood should be excluded from your list. There is no customer service!!! I fully expected fleetwood to stand up for what they sell, I had a very bad unit, I expected fleetwood to buy it back from me and let me chose another coach. At the time I would have been happy to just swap it out with another new coach. But they chose not to go that route. Instead they would just keep blowing me off until I would go away. Well they got part of it right. I went away but I am not gone. I will forever more tell people at every rally I go to and every person I see and talk to about rv's the experiences that I had with fleetwood. I am not a vindictive person but if that is the way they are going to treat their customers then I want people to know about it. It's never to late to make this right Fleetwood........just saying P.s. I keep thinking of things that were wrong with the unit. There were so many things that I start to forget them over time...I wished I could add pictures to this review. Pictures are worth a thousand words and they would speak volumes for this coach. Some of each of these things contributed to a ruined vacation every single time we went out. And mind you at a cost of many thousands of dollars with time off work, time in shops getting things fixed, non refundable helicopter trips to the bottom of the Grand Canyon that you missed because your Motorhome is sitting on the side of the freeway broken down again....it's not worth it. No hot water could not shower whole trip (several trips. Kept saying it was fixed when it was not) Water mixing valve inop Outlets falling out of place No heat on dashboard Water into electrical panel compartment Electric cord reel broken. Would not stop winding up. Front rock guard peeling off Fuel injector broken off ( engine about to catch fire) Wipers not working Outside compartment doors flying open during travel on freeway (scary) Kinked power steering hose ( from the manufacture) Squeaky brakes since ownership Delaminated windshield Faulty water heater fuel valve Leaky pipes at water heater Smell from engine compartment Cracks, holes, openings for smell to come through Sun bleached led lighting on front of coach Smokey generator Air leak in man door and one window (air whistling while driving) Steering wheel cover latch broken Microwave squeaking so loud. Had fixed at factory. Came back worse No heat into bedroom and bathroom (smashed duct work ) No heat under dash on drivers side Bathroom window seal came apart. Would not seal. Forgot to fix at factory I know there are more things I just can not remember them at this moment. Do yourself a favor and take it from someone who has learned the hard way. Don't do it. Save yourself the pain and agony and your hard earned dollars and do some research. You will come up with a better solution. My question is why do companies act this way.....it used to be because they can.. But not anymore. I have seen social media close companies down. That's not my intent here but I would like to see something done. And if word continues to spread it will reach the majority of the Masses and things will change for the better or they will have to close down. Had that carbon monoxide detector not gone off. I would not be here writing this letter to you. I would be dead and not one thing would change.
- Shane, Utah

2020-01-17 2006 Fleetwood Bounder Diesel 38S View Listings

No experience with this Rv just looking how solid is this unit has high mileage is this a one owner who make this Rv unity is is battery in unit is old is this three slides out do you take trade in tell me how loan work
- Wayne Perkins , Alabama

2020-01-13 2004 Fleetwood Southwind 32VS View Listings

Love our motor home. Belonged to a camping club, we used our RV every month. Long vacations to several states and to Mexico every April. Easy to park and set up. Reason for selling, wife passed away.
- Jim McMurray, California

2020-01-10 2003 Fleetwood Southwind 36E View Listings

I bought this RV from the original owner which made me the second owner. To me, this is the best floor plan Fleetwood has ever made on a RV with just 2 slides. The bedroom slide, is the whole bedroom, not just the bed like so many of them are. You don't feel like you are crawling up in a hole when you are going to bed. It has what I think is the largest shower in a gas RV under 38 feet long. The V10 engine has plenty of power. The 4 door refrigerator/freezer has more than enough room. This Southwind was the top of the line in the gas RVs from Fleetwood in 2003. The interior colors are very pleasing unlike some of the gaudy color interiors that they came out with.
- Mark Harrison, Georgia

2020-01-09 2013 Fleetwood Southwind 32V View Listings

This is my first RV. Never had even been in one before. Have had to consult others on some pretty basic questions, as the manuals don't seem to be written for a complete newbie. Things are getting better, as the blanks are being filled in.
- Franklin R Brown, Florida

2020-01-07 2007 Fleetwood Bounder 35E View Listings

This is a remarkable Coach. It's fully loaded with everything! We love taking trips in it. Last trip was to Tennessee. Feels great having a wonderfully comfortable Coach to stay in. I mean sure everyone says you can stay in their house with them. We say "no thank you", we're very comfortable in our home away from home. It's like taking our home with us. The private bedroom and full bathroom are big. The shower is huge. Better yet, no one has to go into Master Bathroom from the rest of the Coach. There is a commode and sink closed off next to main living area. The dinette comfortably seats 4. the dinette pulls out and can sleep 2. The couch pulls out into a bed that also sleeps 2. All in all we love travelling in it!
- J. W. Matheson, California

2020-01-02 2019 Fleetwood Flair 28A View Listings

So I bought my Fleetwood brand new 2019 it had 1000 miles on it I was only owner. So I don’t know if this has anything to do with the Fleetwood RV manufacturer but the Ford 450 that it sitting on has gave me issues straight out from leaving the dealer first of all the windshield wiper motor completely went out so I had to come back turn it in to two weeks to fix went back to get it which is 200 miles away and then drove off the lot it rained again And then they blew again. A few months went by another rain storm and then it blew again now the dealer is giving me a hard time and I’ll get it fixed and this could be a dangerous situation if anybody out there has had that same issue please let me know. Thank you
- Terry Killebrew, Florida

2019-12-19 2000 Fleetwood American Eagle 40EVS View Listings

We purchased this RV a year ago from a 2nd owner that never really used it. It sat in a garage for years so the paint is like new. Everything inside is in great shape ie: Refrigerator, stove, washer/dryer, leather couches, ice maker. We are now moving to Texas and have no place to store it so we want someone else to enjoy it. We have purchased extras for it like a new AM/FM stereo and the coach has Bose speakers...new $1000 curtains...flat screen for bedroom...water softener. It tracks very well while driving and towing is hardly noticeable. This coach was $300,000. new so it is made very well and has light wood cabinets with corian counters. We will be adding more pictures of the inside this week. Please let us know what questions you have.
- William Dage, California

2019-12-11 2005 Fleetwood Bounder Diesel 38N View Listings

2005 diesel bounder great floor model 38N good power on 300 Cat turbo. Handles great over the road solid cabinets and flooring .good tech support with fleetwood No major problems since we purchased it.
- Charles, Florida

2019-12-10 2005 Fleetwood Terry Quantum AX6 395RL5S View Listings

We bought this same trailer last year we love it! We work off and we spend more time in it then we do in our home quality has been great especially for the age there’s plenty of room and storage I would highly recommend this RV
- Jeff, Oklahoma

2019-12-09 1993 Fleetwood Pace Arrow View Listings

Wonder RV. It’s stability is very strong because of its Oshkosh frames that are built for fire, cement and other special sturdy special utility trucks yet rides and drives like a small truck. Because of it’s special design it has high clear through basement storage. It has many special features that most or at least none have such as internal/external 7.5 KW diesel electrical generating capabilities. It has a radar system that senses object on the right side blind spot of the RV. I love this RV!
- Richard Leet, Iowa

2019-12-05 2014 Fleetwood Bounder 35K View Listings

We purchased this unit used at lazydays fl due to the 2nd bathroom and the comments we heard about it's robust build. We've taken it camping to different states and loved our times. skip ahead 3 years and we've replaced the vacu flush 2 times and its broken again, the plastic cable which was attached to the slide-out is still broken (it broke during check-in at lazydays which we finally found out 3 months later), the bounder's fridge door always flies open as does the panty door when I make a left turn, it is top heavy and you will feel it when driving. Speaking of driving, you will feel turbulence when being passed by a big semi truck. And today we sit without 12v power and the mobile rv repair tech can't make it to us till next week to fix it. Being without 12v on the bounder means, the fridge is out, the power management system is out in the bedroom which means the heater is out, the a/c and heater unit on the ceiling is out, all lights of course so it is a major pain. The TV's are in a position that makes it hard to reach behind if you want to replace it with a smart tv, we tried to put one of our dvd players in the bedroom but the wiring negates it so we left it out, this is our third RV and has really changed our mind about RV'ing, and we are now looking at going back from full-timing in our RV to living in the home. also speaking of the vacu flush, it is located in the rear accessible by going through the last basement door on the passenger side. The spacing requires a very skinny person so be aware of that. We would definitely not recommend a fleetwood RV to our friends or anyone, as the support team when you talk to them on the phone seemed as inexperienced with no signs of concern about our issues that it no longer was deemed necessary to even call them when a problem arose with our bounder.
- william, Florida

2019-12-04 2019 Fleetwood Pace Arrow LXE 38K View Listings

This was to be our dream coach. Purchased in October 2018. Shower drain installed tilting wrong way. Had to remove wall to access drain and repair (4 weeks). Spring 2019 on trip to Florida electrical transfer box malfunctioned creating hazard within coach.(Special switch with voltage regulator in mechanism.) 4 Trips by local service finally had me replace to a regular switch problem solved. Warranty claim originally denied but a lot of persistance paid off and a check of 670.00 was sent to us.Last issue involved drop down stairs which decided to drop down upon entering customes booth northern Mich. steps caught concrete post and bent up and into fiberglass body. Needless to say our trip had hit a large speedbump. Kudos to workers on USA side who came to our aid with pry bars and sawsall to remove damaged steps. We were able to limp to small local RV dealer and he graciously removed steps so we could travel. With the use of small ladder for entry and exit. Now the fun part. We were toldupon calling dealer that the steps should never come down unless door is opened Warranty dept at Fleetwood said otherwise. After many a calm exchange Fleetwood decided to cover complete cost for steps and body damage. Kudos to the warranty rep named Joy who throughout the entire process was a peach to deal with. For the cost of these new coaches you would think a little more thought would go into denying these claims first then capitulating layer if the customer wont give up. Again thanks to Joy from Fleetwood and Debbie fron General Rv in Huntley you wer great. Hopefully, we have seen the last of major mishaps. We love the coach and am keeping it. Happy Travels!
- Fred Martin, Illinois

2019-12-02 2019 Fleetwood Flair 35R View Listings

Our first trip stranded in TEXAS water running out of both sides had to have Plummer fix every fitting in RV. Next stop full wall wall slide failed, took month to get fixed in as. Finally on way home last night other slide failed would not come in took three days finally they freed motor pushed slide in and nailed 2x4s to keep in. We finally got home took RV to Fleetwood in Decatur Ind had 42 more items to be repaired. Most were done ok except we came to find we went home with bad slide motor that took another day at general rv. So far they have paid for all until generator fuel pump went out out costing us $380.54.
- Dennis J. Kearns, Michigan

2019-11-28 2004 Fleetwood Revolution 40C View Listings

We were fortunate enough to take an extended trip in our RV which saw us driving across Canada, then down into the eastern US and across the southern US to the California coast then home again. This saw us on the road and living in the unit for almost a year. During this trip we towed a 16' cargo trailer with good success. The RV towed it without missing a beat, including going through the rookie mountains. Through the course of this trip the inevidable issues occurred within the coach which had to be dealt with so needless to say, all the bugs got ironed out. The chassis was excellent throughout with no issues at all. During the duration of this trip I added a total of 2 quarts of motor oil. No other running gear issues occurred whatsoever. All in all we were very pleased.
- Jim Corcoran, British Columbia

2019-11-27 1994 Fleetwood Bounder 28T View Listings

I have really enjoyed this RV which is my 16th. When I bought it I was recently widowed and just wanted to take my cats and start over. I found this floor plan very livable for one and would also be comfortable for two. When I bought it, it had already had the carpet replaced with vinyl flooring and I proceeded to make it boondock capable by adding the best solar system I could afford along with a 12v swamp cooler and 12v/ac tv. I have stayed off-grid for 2 weeks with no problems and plenty of power to be comfortable. I added the steer safe system to the front end for an easier drive. It has air suspension and handles very well. My only reason for selling is I want to go smaller, I am ready for another van.
- Patti Panuccio, New Mexico

2019-11-24 2016 Fleetwood Southwind 36L View Listings

We loved living and traveling in this RV. It is very roomy with the 2 slides and the living space is great! The L shaped couch is great when you have company and we loved the built in fireplace to help heat the RV. Lots of space underneath for storage and a washer/dryer that is great when on the road. I would recommend this spacious RV to anyone who wants to live in it or just travel.
- Dave Bingenheimer, Florida

2019-11-22 2017 Fleetwood Discovery LXE 40G View Listings

Firstly the mechanics of Freightliner and Cummins. I have zero complaints about the drivability of mechanics. The power is always there including going through mountains of the East and the West. Admitting to nothing but if one wanted to run 80mph down the interstate, it drives so easily and is possible. I did notice mostly at high elevations, from a stop, it takes a moment to move the coach after depressing the go pedal but then a moment after that, it will put you in your seat from the torque. I’m sure it’s the turbo delay and completely normal and in all engines of this type. The engine braking is phenomenal and confidence inspiring going down long downhill grades. This is a large coach. Almost 42’ when measured. Tires have worn evenly thus far. Now for the Fleetwood side. Overall, very satisfied and highly recommend to any future buyer. I am quite confident, most manufacturers have a few build quality issues from the factory. This is no secret. I would have a very hard time justifying a brand new off the line coach. Sure you have a year of warranty but what good is that if you have to leave the coach sit for weeks or months or worse, drive it to another state to get worked on. Buying a one to three year old coach, that has had these factory oopses fixed already is my recommendation. On this particular model, the windshield gaskets are known to leak and mine was no exception. Fixed without damage but that’s something that should just never happen on a new vehicle. I am not a fan of the Truma tankless water heater. In theory, excellent choice and when they work, you never run out of hot water. Read some reviews on these and you’ll quickly see they are quirky and can be frustrating just to get them turned on. The last think you want in a high end coach with a beautiful shower is to get cold water on you and with the Truma, it’s 50/50 shot. Seems you have to hold your tongue in your cheek and pray to the RV gods everytime you walk in the shower. The drivers side mirror vibrates and bit and makes it hard to see, especially at night. Again, common issue that really doesn’t have a known fix. The side view and rear view cameras are something you can’t live without once you get used to them. I would like to see the monitor raised up closer to the eye level of the driver though. Now when you put the blinker on, the side view activates but you have to look so far down and to the right to see the screen, just seems a bit of a additional hazard for something that is supposed to make driving safer. It’s the the bunkhouse 40G and my favorite layout of all the Discoveries. Bunk house with each having their own DVD and TV with wireless headphones. The king size bed in the master can make a tight squeeze to get from the bunk room to the bedroom when the slide is out but only if you are a very large person would it be an absolute issue. Can always go through the bathroom if needed. Residential fridge and appliances are on the drivers side, allowing full window access to your picnic table side. Something we didn’t really think of until after we camped the first time. If you have kids or grandkids, this IS the RV for you. You can watch them play or eat breakfast in plain site while inside the RV. Full wall slide and partial slide on drivers have performed flawless to date. If you have the full wall slide out during a heavy rain, make sure there isn’t water pooling on top of the slide awning before retracting the slide. It WILL end up folding the canvas over and bring the pool of water inside your coach. Since you coach is level at the time, you won’t know it until you accelerate or hit the brakes. Once bitten, twice shy. Basically check the recoil tension on the retractor periodically to make sure it’s adjusted with enough strength to keep the water from pooling in the first place. It’s a long slide without a center support so pooling is inevitable. The ceramic tile floor is amazing and one of the first things you notice walking in. Definitely gives a WOW factor to new guests. Frankly, this coach, 2017 and new, just looks plain sexy and modern. The front fascia changed in 2017 and for the better in my opinion. Headlights could be brighter although I do believe they are projection lamps. Motor is almost unheard while driving allowing you to hear the wind as you push your way through the atmosphere. Relatively quiet but if you have a squeak, you’ll hear it until you fix it. The fridges tend to clog where the water drains into the pan. You’ll need to keep this unclogged else you will get some water on the floor. Tons of storage in the basement. Easy access to batteries and generator if needed. Lovely and beautiful coach, highly recommend, but let someone else get all the factory issues taken care of for you first and you’ll most likely have a solid coach for years to come. Enjoy and hope this helps someone about there.
- Joseph Winkelmann, Missouri

2019-11-18 2014 Fleetwood Bounder 35K View Listings

Great Motorhome! Very comfortable and livable. No problems. It's eye catching, reliable, priced competitively. Many features that the expensive units have without the inflated price. Ford Triton V-10 has plenty of power and towing too. We towed a Jeep Rubicon and V-10 performed great. You can't go wrong with the Bounder 35 K.
- Thomas Buchko, Nevada

2019-11-17 1989 Fleetwood Bounder 34S View Listings

We bought this for my homeless brother in law..only thing is that it doesn’t have a shower. Why not?? We love the space and it runs great! My brother in law loves it! Great space for him and his dogs. I’m just happy they have shelter!
- Dora Herrera, Texas

2019-11-15 2005 Fleetwood Terra 32S View Listings

It is very well laid out lots of room for a 32 foot. Plenty of Power with a 340 horse and fairly good mileage for the size of rig. Dual air conditioners plenty of cooling. Handles great with little sway and plenty of power. Love the bathroom and kitchen plenty of storage in the large pantry. Overall a magnificant coach 4 its size.
- James Stewart, Florida

2019-11-02 2004 Fleetwood Bounder 36S View Listings

August 2018 Colton truck Colton California did an $1800 chassis inspection. With all fluids Changed at that time August 2019 all fluids and filters were changed Coach has 39,000 miles on a Vortech 8.1 engine with an Allison five speed transmission. All interior lights have been upgraded to LED fixtures, it is plumbed for washer and dryer with a 5.5 Onan generator Dual air conditioning everything is in perfect working order tires have less than 8000 miles with new batteries house and engine also just installed 50 inch LED front TV
- Cary Bradford , Nevada

2019-10-29 2017 Fleetwood Discovery 39G View Listings

We have enjoyed using our Discovery 39G. We haven't ran into any big problems and we have had it for two years now. I would definitely recommend purchasing the extra five year warranty and the clear coat and seating protection just in case. With any rv you have a chance of something breaking which can be costly. We like Fleetwood as the rv's are great quality and look for the price. We would but Fleetwood again in the future.
- Tisha Jewell, Ohio

2019-10-28 2017 Fleetwood Bounder 36H View Listings

We’ve had our 36H Bounder for 2 years. Hardly any issues. Couple small things with fit and finish. We did have issue with awning. Carefree stood behind it. We still to this this day can not find a better floor plan. Would not recommend buying from Camping World. They are the main problems I’ve ever had with three motor homes I’ve had. I like our Bounder A lot!
- Paul Reed, North Carolina

2019-10-21 1999 Fleetwood Discovery 36T View Listings

This rig has been great for my wife and I. We really enjoy everything about it! It is completely self contained and we can hit the road for a month or just go to the beach for the weekend. Plenty of room for guests and still not too big for some campgrounds. We love it but we are no longer using it much so its time for a new owner!
- Michael Harter, California