Fleetwood Reviews on RV Insider (637)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Fleetwood RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Shane from Utah says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2015 Fleetwood Discovery 37R View Listings

HORRIBLE! DONT BUY ONE. I bought a brand new 37r from my local dealer. From day one I have had nothing but problems with it. Sure it had some little quirks with it like every Motorhome will. I know you are rolling down the road shaking the pieces out of these things, but this went way deeper than that. We had a smell coming inside the coach that smelled like engine burning, or exhaust or something from the engine compartment. When we drove it, it would give us bad headaches and make us a little nauseous. I took it in to the dealer and they could not find anything. I took another trip and same things happened. So back to the dealer. ( mind you it has now been in the shop about 15 times) they found about 30 cracks, holes, areas where the wood was not tight or where things did not align up properly so they foamed it all with expanding spray foam. They went overboard. I removed the wood cover over my water heater. All the water lines were now encased in foam. Half of my water heater was covered in foam. That's what the manufacture told the dealer to do. Guess what, it did not solve the problem. Back and forth to the dealer countless times. Finally fleetwood said we will bring it back to the manufacture and work on it. So they did. Put another 3000 miles on the coach and spent three weeks back there. I now have 11,000 miles on the coach and have only taken 5 trips in it. They said they tore out the whole master bedroom and replaced the floor. They drove it back out to me and said it was all fixed.... (Wrong). Still did the very same thing. I was pissed. Let me point out at this point, this is just one items I have been dealing with. There are countless other things going wrong with the coach simultaneously. Just to name a few. First trip out it started raining, the wipers would not work. But when it quit raining they would work again. I finally fiqured out that water from the road was coming up over the wheel well and into the electrical panel compartment behind the wheel well and shorting out the wipers. Many hours later and countless tubes of caulking that one was fixed. I had door frames falling apart from the ceiling so doors would not close, I had no heat out of the front dashboard. I had no heat in the master bedroom or bathroom (found out they smashed the duct work when installed. ) I had outlets pulling out of the walls. I had very low hot water pressure and they could not tell me why. They just said that is normal. (So normal I could not shower because the water would just trickle down the shower faucet, right. ) Again after many trips and many hours they found it had a bad water mixing valve. (Can you say LEMON). Oh no don't say it yet. It gets worse...... On top of about 20 other things going wrong with the inside of the coach. I decide to go to Vegas. I get two hours down the road, the whole time I could smell a very strong smell and it continued getting worse. I finally considered turning around because my wife was now on the couch sick as a dog, massive headache and I myself was nauseous and also had a headache when I had someone signal to me to pull over. When I did I went outside to the engine compartment and I had diesel fuel pouring out on the ground and had been spraying my tow vehicle for the last two hours. Everything was covered. I called the manufacture and they told me to tow it to the nearest dealer and have it fixed. End of vacation again. It spent yet another week in the shop to find out that the fuel injector on cylinder number 1 had broken off. And of coarse it was a recalled part but they don't feel it is important to warn people about it. They will just fix it as they break. Amazing... Anyway. Back to the next and final trip in this Motorhome for me. I went up to see our daughter in Another state, and spent the first night there and on the second night at 1:30 am the carbon monoxide detector goes off. It scares the living crap out of me. I get up and feel sick and a little dizzy. I open up the windows and door to air it out. Finally after about ten minutes the alarm quits chirping. I was so mad at this point I knew I was done. The next day I went in to a dealership where I was at and found a new coach that I really liked. It is a tiffin 40 qbh. Have heard nothing but fabulous things about the quality of tiffin and the support you get. I traded in my old Fleetwood and drove home in the new coach. What a difference to finally be in a unit that is quality built. I would like you to note that all through this process I was in contact with the manufacture and not once did they say, hey I am real sorry, I think you might of got a lemon, let's replace it with another coach. Not once did they offer to help out with expenses incurred from all the mishaps. I spent 200,000 on the coach and have made payments of 2000.00 a month for a year now. That's 24,000 dollars plus the loss of the trade in because fleetwood would drag their feet and not do anything for me I lost another 40,000 in the trade. So I have lost over 64,000 dollars on a coach I have not been able to take out once without some major problems that ruined each trip. I finally called fleetwood and told them that I traded in the old 37r and bought a different brand and they seemed to care less. I know I am just one person to many millions of buyers for them. And I am sure they are happy to have me gone. But with the use of media like it is today. My one review will hopefully affect thousands as they consider what to buy when it comes to a new rv. Fleetwood should be excluded from your list. There is no customer service!!! I fully expected fleetwood to stand up for what they sell, I had a very bad unit, I expected fleetwood to buy it back from me and let me chose another coach. At the time I would have been happy to just swap it out with another new coach. But they chose not to go that route. Instead they would just keep blowing me off until I would go away. Well they got part of it right. I went away but I am not gone. I will forever more tell people at every rally I go to and every person I see and talk to about rv's the experiences that I had with fleetwood. I am not a vindictive person but if that is the way they are going to treat their customers then I want people to know about it. It's never to late to make this right Fleetwood........just saying P.s. I keep thinking of things that were wrong with the unit. There were so many things that I start to forget them over time...I wished I could add pictures to this review. Pictures are worth a thousand words and they would speak volumes for this coach. Some of each of these things contributed to a ruined vacation every single time we went out. And mind you at a cost of many thousands of dollars with time off work, time in shops getting things fixed, non refundable helicopter trips to the bottom of the Grand Canyon that you missed because your Motorhome is sitting on the side of the freeway broken down again....it's not worth it. No hot water could not shower whole trip (several trips. Kept saying it was fixed when it was not) Water mixing valve inop Outlets falling out of place No heat on dashboard Water into electrical panel compartment Electric cord reel broken. Would not stop winding up. Front rock guard peeling off Fuel injector broken off ( engine about to catch fire) Wipers not working Outside compartment doors flying open during travel on freeway (scary) Kinked power steering hose ( from the manufacture) Squeaky brakes since ownership Delaminated windshield Faulty water heater fuel valve Leaky pipes at water heater Smell from engine compartment Cracks, holes, openings for smell to come through Sun bleached led lighting on front of coach Smokey generator Air leak in man door and one window (air whistling while driving) Steering wheel cover latch broken Microwave squeaking so loud. Had fixed at factory. Came back worse No heat into bedroom and bathroom (smashed duct work ) No heat under dash on drivers side Bathroom window seal came apart. Would not seal. Forgot to fix at factory I know there are more things I just can not remember them at this moment. Do yourself a favor and take it from someone who has learned the hard way. Don't do it. Save yourself the pain and agony and your hard earned dollars and do some research. You will come up with a better solution. My question is why do companies act this way.....it used to be because they can.. But not anymore. I have seen social media close companies down. That's not my intent here but I would like to see something done. And if word continues to spread it will reach the majority of the Masses and things will change for the better or they will have to close down. Had that carbon monoxide detector not gone off. I would not be here writing this letter to you. I would be dead and not one thing would change.
- Shane, Utah

2020-11-23 2016 Fleetwood Discovery 40E View Listings

Cosmetically it is gorgeous! Mechanically it is tip top! It is very comfortable whether overnight or for longer stays. Plenty of storage. We went on a 17 day road trip through Colorado and Wyoming in August 2020. It was so nice to have our home with us during these unsettling times! This coach would be ideal for full time RVers! Truly has all the comforts of home!
- Kenneth Diers, Texas

2020-10-27 2004 Fleetwood Prowler 240BH Extreme Edition View Listings

Bought this unit used in Alaska, the extreme arctic edition with extra insulation. It was great. Held up through the Fairbanks winters and did sterling service moving to Texas. The Alcan highway, Rockies, she took it like a champ. Since then a good extra place for guests until we recently sold it. She now does service as a weekend cabin near a lake south of Dallas. It is a great unit with a full bedroom, a good kitchen a full bath and extra bunks we normally used for the dog's beds (lower) and storage (upper). The seals held, it drove well, I recommend a hitch stabilizer though for rough roads and windy conditions. We lived in it for 4 months while searching for a new house, it was just fine. The only things I would have preferred would have been a slide out (I think added to later models) and a more sofa-like dinette. The classic hard back ones are uncomfortable over longer periods, say if you have to work while sitting there. Our buyer is a happy camper with a nice place to stay while fishing.
- Dr. Jon Dehn, Texas

2020-10-27 2019 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 33D View Listings

Been nothing but problems from day one. This RV is junk. Plus never buy from General RV. Their service is terrible. Our new RV has been at the dealership for three months and it is still not repaired.
- Neil Barnett, Florida

2020-10-26 2018 Fleetwood Pace Arrow LXE 38K View Listings

Wow, are we happy with this Diesel Motorhome. The Floorplan is perfect for long vacation stays. The fireplace warms us on cold mornings. The solid surfaces are beautiful. The bath and a half is perfect for my wife and I as well as guests. The shower is large with a great sit-out. The 4 tv's and wiring for Dish Network take care of entertainment. Auto awnings keep us from worrying when the wind picks up. The heat pump warms us. The inverter keeps the residential refrigerator on during drives. Outside storage bins are extremely large. This luxury coach drives like like a dream! So glad we purchased the 2018 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 38K.
- Mark, Florida

2020-10-23 2002 Fleetwood Discovery 37T View Listings

The Discovery 37T has the nicest layout of all coaches in this era. The long counter in the kitchen is what sold me. I like having the space. The Caterpillar 3126 pushes this coach very well, it is quiet and is a very comfortable ride thanks to the air ride suspension. On the highway it tracks straight and true -68 MPH seems to be the sweet spot for cruising although the engine has plenty of power to cruise at 75 or better, I just don't feel good above 70 in something this large. We tow a Ford Edge, I have towed an 8000# boat long distance several times with no issues other than a flat tire on the boat trailer that I did not feel for a long distance. Setting up at the campground is a breeze, it takes me less than 5 minutes to park, air down, power up, level the coach and extend the slides. A huge improvement over a 5th wheel (although a similar sized 5th wheel is much roomier). The fleetwood 37T is best suited for a couple. There is a jackknife sofa and a booth that converts to a bed, but its probably only good for kids or a one nighter. The sleeping Capacity is 6 - but 4 of em better be kids if that makes sense. Our Discovery has been from West Coast to East Coast, from Miami North to Tennessee - I have never had it north of the Mason Dixon line.
- Dean, Mississippi

2020-10-20 2020 Fleetwood Flair 29M View Listings

I bought my 2020 RV 6 months ago. I bought a problem. Poor quality. On my first trip the awning arm broke just because it rained a little and broke as if the RV part had been in use all my life, the quality of the products they use is very poor, it seems that I have an old and used RV , among many other manufacturing problems
- lucrecia Biosca, Florida

2020-10-18 2019 Fleetwood Bounder 35P View Listings

Love the layout, storage, residential refrigerator, size of the dinette, color scheme, size of the shower and washer and dryer. Dislike carry capacity, over all quality, uncomfortable furniture, lack of access to ice maker cut off valve, poorly written owners manual, drawer latches, toilet built for people over 6'3" tall and weights less than 150lbs, TPO roof, bedside tables are small, master control centers is over the door well making them hard to reach, difficult to read and not labeled well and really small black water tank. We have had a lot of warranty issues and difficulties getting parts from Fleetwood and reliable service from the dealership. I would not recommend purchasing a Fleetwood product based on the problems we have had.
- Larry Nicholson, Texas

2020-10-15 2000 Fleetwood Tioga SL 31W View Listings

It is a great RV until you need parts. Have had multiple issues with the SLIDE! First time my husband repaired with a new part and the second time, 1st person said to call Parts REV Group and their answer was sorry do not make that part anymore! Now they will not return your phone call.
- Faith, Maryland

2020-10-14 2008 Fleetwood Revolution LE 42K View Listings

We bought the 2008 Fleetwood Revolution with the idea of exploring the undiscovered parts of the U.S.A. unknown to us. What a perfect machine! My husband, an avid machinist, knew just what he wanted in a luxury bus in terms of top mechanical quality. He also knew what his wife would love in a luxury Class A motorcoach: luxurious amenities and the comfort of a beautiful home on wheels. This coach has it all: a well-appointed kitchen, cream leather furniture, solid mahogany cabinets, dishwasher, washer / dryer, king size master bed, queen size pull out sofa, and 1.5 baths! Yes I got the master bath to myself! This coach has been a dream. I love to cook and with the spacious living area we easily made dinners for friends inside the coach. Remote working is a breeze in the office space outfitted with lamp, desk and drawers is an added feature I've rarely seen in other coaches. In fact the floor plan is one of the main reasons this coach stands apart from the competition. It is so well designed that you never feel cramped or that the space is small. It's spacious, full of light as well as privacy. There are so many other amenities it's impossible to list them all here, but among my favorites are: The bar! It's so classy! Ceiling fans ventilation has sensors so they close automatically when it rains; bedroom is spacious with a king bed and plenty of storage; quality surround sound music; heating and air conditioning that heat or cool in 30 seconds. Flooring, carpet and wall / ceiling detail is very high end. It's like a yacht on wheels! So much more. If I had to live full time in a luxury motorcoach, this would be the one!
- Michelle, California

2020-10-08 2019 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 35QS View Listings

Overall the coach runs very well and performs very well. Fuel mileage is very good at over 10 MPG and that is running at highway speed sin excess of 70 MPH. The features of this coach would be very hard to beat for the money. I have owned several RV's and this one haS THE MOST FEATURES. Everything works and is user friendly. FRIENDLY
- Brad Westover, South Carolina

2020-10-07 2015 Fleetwood Expedition 40X View Listings

great fun enjoyed it a lot. no problems has extended Warranty.350 cummins with allison transmission 27000 miles everything works as it should. Recent oil and all filters and new front tires. 2 tvs,dvd, navigation system power satelite dish. lots of options
- patricia, Idaho

2020-10-06 2010 Fleetwood Discovery 40X View Listings

This is an incredible floor plan. With the 2 opposing slides in the living area, it really opens up for a wide open living area. A very livable floor plan with tons of storage. Only selling in order to upgrade to a Class A that is 3 or 4 years newer. If it doesn't sell, we have no problem continuing to enjoy this one.
- Jerry Nemec, Idaho

2020-10-02 2018 Fleetwood Discovery LXE 38K View Listings

Excellent coach , steady and stable drive ability. With slides open plenty of wide open space. Regret having to sell but Health problems made it necessary. Typical warranty issues in the beginning, all resolved. Including Blue Ox hitch and a portable Patriot brake.
- Bill Carr, New Mexico

2020-09-26 2018 Fleetwood Storm 36F View Listings

Fleetwoods are one of the worst RV's ever made and the manufacturer does not even care. They do not support them nor do they promote QC/QA in their builds. If they did they would not allow some of these to leave the factory floor. Put in too much money on ours already and its only 2 years old. Too many things falling apart, literally falling off the walls and hitting people as they fall. Hardware falling out of chairs and sofas and pieces laying around for animals to find. I will continue to post on here as long as no one reaches out to me to fix the poor quality issues that I have been having. Guess that means you'll be seeing my reviews for years to come. If you buy a Fleetwood my condolences are with you.
- federal254, Maryland

2020-09-24 2007 Fleetwood Excursion 40E View Listings

The Fleetwood Excursion 40E is a great RV for living out of full time, travelling across the country or taking out for the weekend. A lot of room and very comfortable for all occupants. Winterized. Central vacuum and leather sofas make clean-up easy. The shower is spacious. A lot of storage space throughout. You can pack a lot into this RV, inside and out. Even has a pullout pantry for the kitchen. Full size refrigerator. One and a half baths is fantastic and a must for any family! Outdoor kitchen, grill and entertainment is very nice. Easily tows our large SUV.
- Jock Allen, Nevada

2020-09-24 2007 Fleetwood Jamboree 31K View Listings

Great rig. The angled bathroom was life changing. Never had any trouble with the Fleetwood Jamboree. Well made machine with attention to details that make it a great family rig for holiday makers and for full timers.
- James Barry, Alabama

2020-09-10 2015 Fleetwood Expedition 40X View Listings

This Motorhome is an absolute dream!!... even walking up to it you can’t but help notice the beautiful paint and clean lines... it is a very large unit but is so very easily set up when you get to where you’re going.... very spacious inside with plenty of room for the family. It literally is like a small home away from home.. the kitchen has everything you would possibly need... hard surface counters for ease of cleaning and stainless steel appliances.... the seating in the lounge area is so very comfortable and relaxing... making watching the television a dream. The bathroom has ample room and the shower is very nice.... especially in the morning with the sky light in the shower.... the bedroom is so very cozy and so comfortable... easy enough to fall asleep watching an old movie..... even though it’s such a large unit.... very easy to maneuver and park with all the camaras to help you.... this is definitely a castle away from home to be enjoyed for many years.... and truly nothing better to travel in considering everything that going on.... your very own CLEAN environment!!!... no need to worry about if the room has been disinfected properly.... a really nice piece of mind!!!!.... outside the u it is very nice with canopy opened for shade.... truly making travel both effortless and safe....a dream vacation is just down the road!!!
- Scott Greve, Michigan

2020-09-09 2021 Fleetwood Bounder 33C View Listings

We purchased a Fleetwood Bounder 33C on 07-23-20. Right from the start, 13 miles down the road the ABS Brake light & Traction Control lights came on. This had happened during our test drive. Dealer had taken it to Ford for 5 days who replaced a wheel speed sensor. So back to our Ford dealer for 3 more days. Ford returned with lights out saying they felt is was an electrical issue. We left on 08-08 for a 5 week road trip. Second day our Check Engine light comes on Flashing along with the ABS & Traction Control lights. Called a Ford dealer on 08-10 first 5 said we were to big for them to work on, dealer 6 said they would look at our problem. However, we had to wait 1 week before they would look at it. They found 3 cylinders misfiring one completely dead. Today is day 31 waiting on Ford to supply us with 3 spark plug wires. Once the engine is fixed & driveable Ford can address the ABS & Traction Control lights along with replacing the broken Transmission dipstick bracket & replacing the Sumo Spring the fell off. Not bad for first 1200 miles. Real problem is lack of support from Fleetwood, General RV the dealer or Ford. We lived for 3 weeks in one place waiting for Ford to find parts. After 3 weeks our holding tanks were full & we had to rent a van to haul our 5 weeks of stuff back 1200 miles home. The coach is parked in Fords parking lot. Mind you this is just Fords problems, once coach is drivable it goes back to General RV to work on the 30 plus items that need fixing. Same as others have noted while driving parts are falling to the floor. The tiled wall screws holding the brackets attached to the tiled wall pulled out of the wall ripping the wallpaper. When it rained water was leaking in so fast we had to ring the towels out every 3 minutes, Water was coming up through the floorboard. We found water running in behind the sink on top of the ledge for the outside TV, then down the wall & up through the floor. To many issues to cover. Bottom line, NO SUPPORT from FLEETWOOD or FORD. We now are making payments on a coach we do not have for past 31 days & next Ford parts update is on 09-15-20.
- Edd Dilworth, Florida

2020-09-09 2020 Fleetwood Fortis 34MB View Listings

Purchased 2020 Fleetwood Fortis in Feb 2020. Overall like the unit but not satisfied with either warranty work or manufacturer support. Heater has not worked in five months. Dealer attempted to repair more than once but no luck. Battery relay kept shutting off house batteries randomly. Dealer again attempted three times to fix. No luck. Finally ordered and paid for a new battery relay and installed. Problem solved. Returned old part for credit but Fleetwood cannot seem to make that happen. One window shade broken. Requested replacement from Fleetwood. At first they wanted me to take it nearly 500 miles round trip to a dealer. I said no way. Then they asked for a picture which was sent. Still no shade or reply from Fleetwood. Having also purchased two new Tiffins the difference between factory support from Tiffin and Fleetwood is like night vs day. Tiffin jumps thru hoops to get the customer what they need in a timely manner.
- Robert Magee, Arizona

2020-09-06 2018 Fleetwood Storm 36F View Listings

I will continue to write these reviews until Rev RV responds - which means I'll be writing reviews until my dying day. DO NOT BUY a Fleetwood. Worst motor coach you can own due to the fact that the quality is just not there and things are so cheaply thrown together. I can write a novel on the things wrong with this thing and I've already written a few reviews with the problem. But make sure you see this - if you like cold showers this is the thing for you. We paid for an on demand system so we have continuous hot water. What a joke. This thing will scald you with third degree burns. You either have scalding water or cold water, you can't get warm or comfortable. Right now our system is putting out cold. We found that the OD 50 Atwood system that is in our 2018 unit has a recall from either 2015 or 2016 for the scalding issues - so I ask the question - why does our 2018 have this system? It matches the serial numbers that are listed in the recall. Rev RV just takes your money and runs while providing nothing else. I wonder if they laugh all the way to the bank while us fools deal with trying to get our POS RVs fixed.
- vneumanntig, Maryland

2020-09-01 2007 Fleetwood Discovery 40X View Listings

I loved living in my home away from home. It has as much space as the home I grew up as a child. Remember one trip to the keys, we did many of those. Being that I'm a scuba instr. Stayed at point of view key largo. We checked out Hilton as well as the Marriott. Our accommodation were far better than either. And we slept in our own bed. No bed bugs! R/V is only way to travel!!!
- Ken Kirby, Tennessee

2020-08-30 2019 Fleetwood Discovery 38F View Listings

Problems with Freightliner finding and accessing parts, So your stuck in their parking lot on your vacation for 5 to 7 days.. Can Fleetwood reimburse for all expenses of vacation lost?? When we pulled in the service dept said this is the third same problem this week, the DEF Header, So parts made in CHINA, it needs to be considered a RECALL.. Fleetwood using bad parts to make your 300,000.00 Motorhome... YES.
- D Sutherland, Utah

2020-08-29 2018 Fleetwood Storm 36F View Listings

Please be careful buying a Fleetwood. While many of them look gorgeous both inside and outside they are put together so horribly it is atrocious. Also, I cannot warn you enough if you buy one please be careful with the hot water. It can actually scald you - I KID YOU NOT. You will not get warm water you will either get cold or scalding hot. In order to get warm you have to turn on another faucet at the same time you shower or wash dishes which wastes propane. I am so upset and disappointed in our unit which we paid good money for. Piece are falling down like its nobodies business - molding off the walls and corners, nuts, bolts, wheels etc. flying off the slide outs as you're driving and coming out from under the couch and driver's seat. The things that have been wrong with our unit are so unbelievable and some are dangerous as they can hit you at any time. Thankfully when the pieces came down no one was sitting underneath them except one time when my husband was driving a metal wheel came flying off the top the slide and hit him on the shoulder. Good thing it didn't hit him on the head. Get a load of this though, a person at an RV sales/repair told us that every time you drive your RV things start falling apart because you're home is on wheels. Unfrickin believable. I have reached out to Rev RV about one of the issues (hot water heater) and all they say is that the dealer should get a licensed tech to repair it. So if the dealer doesn't than we are screwed. I have sent emails to Rev RV and have been ignored, I have posted reviews online and have challenged Rev RV to reach out to me - they all have been ignored. Why should they care how these are put together, once they make a sale and get your money they are out of the picture and you end up with a huge piece of s**t that they no longer support. Yes - Rev RV does not stand by their product and there is no quality to their products. I digress for now but if I told you every bad experience we have had with our unit I would be writing a book about the size of one encyclopedia volume. Absolutely pathetic and we are getting so tired of it. We've owned our unit for 2 1/2 years and I can say that we have probably had 2 times in the entire time that we did not experience any issues other than having to turn on another faucet when showering. Rev RV - you put out garbage, charge an exorbitant amount of money for them and then say adios to your customer. Wow greed at its best.
- Vicki Neumann, Maryland

2020-08-29 2016 Fleetwood Expedition 38K View Listings

We loved having 2 baths. This coach is very livable and so easy to drive. Tons of storage. Walk around king bed. The fireplace was great in the winter months. I loved the automatic electric reel. No more fighting the big cord.
- Denny and Jody, Florida