Fleetwood

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Fleetwood RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Shane from Utah says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2015 Fleetwood Discovery 37R View Listings

HORRIBLE! DONT BUY ONE. I bought a brand new 37r from my local dealer. From day one I have had nothing but problems with it. Sure it had some little quirks with it like every Motorhome will. I know you are rolling down the road shaking the pieces out of these things, but this went way deeper than that. We had a smell coming inside the coach that smelled like engine burning, or exhaust or something from the engine compartment. When we drove it, it would give us bad headaches and make us a little nauseous. I took it in to the dealer and they could not find anything. I took another trip and same things happened. So back to the dealer. ( mind you it has now been in the shop about 15 times) they found about 30 cracks, holes, areas where the wood was not tight or where things did not align up properly so they foamed it all with expanding spray foam. They went overboard. I removed the wood cover over my water heater. All the water lines were now encased in foam. Half of my water heater was covered in foam. That's what the manufacture told the dealer to do. Guess what, it did not solve the problem. Back and forth to the dealer countless times. Finally fleetwood said we will bring it back to the manufacture and work on it. So they did. Put another 3000 miles on the coach and spent three weeks back there. I now have 11,000 miles on the coach and have only taken 5 trips in it. They said they tore out the whole master bedroom and replaced the floor. They drove it back out to me and said it was all fixed.... (Wrong). Still did the very same thing. I was pissed. Let me point out at this point, this is just one items I have been dealing with. There are countless other things going wrong with the coach simultaneously. Just to name a few. First trip out it started raining, the wipers would not work. But when it quit raining they would work again. I finally fiqured out that water from the road was coming up over the wheel well and into the electrical panel compartment behind the wheel well and shorting out the wipers. Many hours later and countless tubes of caulking that one was fixed. I had door frames falling apart from the ceiling so doors would not close, I had no heat out of the front dashboard. I had no heat in the master bedroom or bathroom (found out they smashed the duct work when installed. ) I had outlets pulling out of the walls. I had very low hot water pressure and they could not tell me why. They just said that is normal. (So normal I could not shower because the water would just trickle down the shower faucet, right. ) Again after many trips and many hours they found it had a bad water mixing valve. (Can you say LEMON). Oh no don't say it yet. It gets worse...... On top of about 20 other things going wrong with the inside of the coach. I decide to go to Vegas. I get two hours down the road, the whole time I could smell a very strong smell and it continued getting worse. I finally considered turning around because my wife was now on the couch sick as a dog, massive headache and I myself was nauseous and also had a headache when I had someone signal to me to pull over. When I did I went outside to the engine compartment and I had diesel fuel pouring out on the ground and had been spraying my tow vehicle for the last two hours. Everything was covered. I called the manufacture and they told me to tow it to the nearest dealer and have it fixed. End of vacation again. It spent yet another week in the shop to find out that the fuel injector on cylinder number 1 had broken off. And of coarse it was a recalled part but they don't feel it is important to warn people about it. They will just fix it as they break. Amazing... Anyway. Back to the next and final trip in this Motorhome for me. I went up to see our daughter in Another state, and spent the first night there and on the second night at 1:30 am the carbon monoxide detector goes off. It scares the living crap out of me. I get up and feel sick and a little dizzy. I open up the windows and door to air it out. Finally after about ten minutes the alarm quits chirping. I was so mad at this point I knew I was done. The next day I went in to a dealership where I was at and found a new coach that I really liked. It is a tiffin 40 qbh. Have heard nothing but fabulous things about the quality of tiffin and the support you get. I traded in my old Fleetwood and drove home in the new coach. What a difference to finally be in a unit that is quality built. I would like you to note that all through this process I was in contact with the manufacture and not once did they say, hey I am real sorry, I think you might of got a lemon, let's replace it with another coach. Not once did they offer to help out with expenses incurred from all the mishaps. I spent 200,000 on the coach and have made payments of 2000.00 a month for a year now. That's 24,000 dollars plus the loss of the trade in because fleetwood would drag their feet and not do anything for me I lost another 40,000 in the trade. So I have lost over 64,000 dollars on a coach I have not been able to take out once without some major problems that ruined each trip. I finally called fleetwood and told them that I traded in the old 37r and bought a different brand and they seemed to care less. I know I am just one person to many millions of buyers for them. And I am sure they are happy to have me gone. But with the use of media like it is today. My one review will hopefully affect thousands as they consider what to buy when it comes to a new rv. Fleetwood should be excluded from your list. There is no customer service!!! I fully expected fleetwood to stand up for what they sell, I had a very bad unit, I expected fleetwood to buy it back from me and let me chose another coach. At the time I would have been happy to just swap it out with another new coach. But they chose not to go that route. Instead they would just keep blowing me off until I would go away. Well they got part of it right. I went away but I am not gone. I will forever more tell people at every rally I go to and every person I see and talk to about rv's the experiences that I had with fleetwood. I am not a vindictive person but if that is the way they are going to treat their customers then I want people to know about it. It's never to late to make this right Fleetwood........just saying P.s. I keep thinking of things that were wrong with the unit. There were so many things that I start to forget them over time...I wished I could add pictures to this review. Pictures are worth a thousand words and they would speak volumes for this coach. Some of each of these things contributed to a ruined vacation every single time we went out. And mind you at a cost of many thousands of dollars with time off work, time in shops getting things fixed, non refundable helicopter trips to the bottom of the Grand Canyon that you missed because your Motorhome is sitting on the side of the freeway broken down again....it's not worth it. No hot water could not shower whole trip (several trips. Kept saying it was fixed when it was not) Water mixing valve inop Outlets falling out of place No heat on dashboard Water into electrical panel compartment Electric cord reel broken. Would not stop winding up. Front rock guard peeling off Fuel injector broken off ( engine about to catch fire) Wipers not working Outside compartment doors flying open during travel on freeway (scary) Kinked power steering hose ( from the manufacture) Squeaky brakes since ownership Delaminated windshield Faulty water heater fuel valve Leaky pipes at water heater Smell from engine compartment Cracks, holes, openings for smell to come through Sun bleached led lighting on front of coach Smokey generator Air leak in man door and one window (air whistling while driving) Steering wheel cover latch broken Microwave squeaking so loud. Had fixed at factory. Came back worse No heat into bedroom and bathroom (smashed duct work ) No heat under dash on drivers side Bathroom window seal came apart. Would not seal. Forgot to fix at factory I know there are more things I just can not remember them at this moment. Do yourself a favor and take it from someone who has learned the hard way. Don't do it. Save yourself the pain and agony and your hard earned dollars and do some research. You will come up with a better solution. My question is why do companies act this way.....it used to be because they can.. But not anymore. I have seen social media close companies down. That's not my intent here but I would like to see something done. And if word continues to spread it will reach the majority of the Masses and things will change for the better or they will have to close down. Had that carbon monoxide detector not gone off. I would not be here writing this letter to you. I would be dead and not one thing would change.
- Shane, Utah

2021-07-26 2007 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 36D View Listings

I like this rv because of the smooth engine ride also how much space it have when both slides are open plus the full body paint color I will sell it because of health problem call 408 799 9708 name Vince
- Vincent demanuele, California

2021-07-25 2018 Fleetwood Bounder 35K View Listings

We love this floorplan and the King size bed is a huge asset! It has a washer/dryer combo and that extra half bath is so nice, especially if you have visitors. We have added some steering and sway bars to make it more drivable. It's the perfect size for full time living. Lots of storage compartments inside and out. We have not had any major issues. Just had to get a new battery.
- Jeff Studer, Nebraska

2021-07-23 2020 Fleetwood Flair 35R View Listings

At first we fell in love with this Rv, now the honeymoon is over. The finish work on this unit is horrible. The couch wasn’t bolted to the slide unit, the vinyl floor is coming up in places and when the slides are in the plastic feet on the recliners leave wrinkles in the vinyl floor, not sure I’d the will come out or not. The shelf brackets have all dropped and has needed to be replaced and the molding on the glass doors are all coming off. I have replaced the screws hold one of the cabinet doors with long wood screws and need to change the handle. The cabinet built around the refrigerator has come loose and will need to be reworked. A week after getting it home the living room slide got stuck out, I had to call the dealer/service and work with them to get it back in and secured. The outside compartment doors are cheap and the latches have allowed the doors to open while traveling. One of the compartment door’s hinge has come loose and needs to be replaced. We just got back from a 1400 mile trip where we had issues with our power step dragging on just about everything, this unit only sits about 8 inches off the ground and reduces the approach and departure angles for this Rv. At this point if I could sell it for what I owe it would be gone!!!
- Matthew Bishop, Indiana

2021-07-22 2010 Fleetwood Discovery 40X View Listings

This awesome RV came in Handy when we had to move out of our house due to mold. It was supposed to be for a short while so with a 1 yo baby we figured it would be ok. Will we ended up staying in it for 12 months and boy I was glad I had this RV. As my son grew and moved more, he needed more room and it was spacious enough to make him feel at home with plenty of space to play and run around. Having a full residential fridge was perfect as we could stock it up and go off the grid for several days. We’ve been to amazing spots and never needed to leave except every few days to get more fresh water and empty the waste tanks. It was plenty of room for a family if 3 but it will definitely be plenty of room for a family of 6 or even more.
- Ahmad, Texas

2021-07-19 2007 Fleetwood Jamboree 31K View Listings

We just bought this and began sprucing it up before taking it out for a short test run. In the mean time we left for 2 weeks for family emergency. Came back batteries totally drained, engine totally drained and a beep that never stops without any power. I accept we purchased junk. I just want the beeping to stop ... And its not the carbon or smoke detectors.
- Joan, Arizona

2021-07-10 2018 Fleetwood Bounder 36H View Listings

We love our MH. Layout is great for our family. 1 and 1/2 bath with tons of storage. Great residential frig and lots of extras. We added stabilization bars for better handling which makes driving so much better. Great unit for large families.
- John Weber, Missouri

2021-07-08 2002 Fleetwood Discovery 37U View Listings

This review can’t really cover the RV in question. I called and texted and was making arrangements for a purchase of the RV in question. I was waiting on the financial institution’s reply and the saleman (Scott) at Coastal RV in Ravenel, Sc office ( who I was also dealing with) Sold the unit ,while waiting on the reply from financial institution. The financial institution called and told me there wouldn’t be a problem, but the unit was sold while waiting on a reply. There were no credit issues the unit was sold in Ill faith and the salesman was not forth coming of the sale. In regards to this institution and their salesman BEWARE!! Deception is their tactics !!
- Jeff Richmond, West Virginia

2021-07-05 2021 Fleetwood Bounder 33C View Listings

Let me start by saying I believe once all the issues are corrected this will be a really nice RV. However, the build QC and the dealer QC were totally lacking. To start we took delivery of our 2021 Fleetwood Bounder 33C May 18 2021 from General RV 400 miles from our home due to price. The orientation was done by someone that really knew nothing about the RV other then "this is a storage bay". The living room slide did not retract smoothly and when I ask about it I was told "it's just a tight seal". The whole house water filter fittings leaked, the utility tray on the passenger seat fell apart when I lifted it out. They said they would correct the leak and tray issues before we came back the following morning to drive it home. Well, 45 minutes after the start of the drive home we discovered the dash AC did not work, it would heat but not cool at all. It was 97 degrees outside. We were on our way so we called General RV and was told "oh, I'll have someone call you", NOT. We go on our first camping trip, after 3 days we go to leave and the Livingroom slide would not retract. Long story short, we had yo abandon the RV and pay to have a mobile RV tech go out and override the system to get the slide in so I could drive back 100 miles to bring it home. Then we wait 2 weeks for an appointment at the local Fleetwood dealer to fix a series if issues. Of the 9 serious issues we reported ALL if then could and should have been corrected at the factory before it left or at least at General RV during their Pre Delivery Inspection. As for the dash AC, it is still not fixed because the local Fleetwood dealer said it was a Ford issue but after waiting 2 weeks to get it to a ford dealership turns out it is a wiring issue on Fleetwood's part. SO we are now waiting another 2 weeks to go back to the local Fleetwood dealer to have them Fix the dash AC. Long story short, Fleetwood my at one time have made a quality product but currently, NO. If you are currently looking at a Fleetwood product you might want to look at Newmar or Tiffin.
- Chad Sittner, Idaho

2021-07-02 2014 Fleetwood Excursion 35B View Listings

Great layout and powerful engine. Very comfortable to drive. Roomy and quiet generator. We enjoy so much that we even "camp" in our driveway on occasion. Sliders and auto leveling are easy to operate.
- Peter Khoury, Florida

2021-06-30 1994 Fleetwood Southwind 30E View Listings

I am frustrated. The phone number listed is out of service. How can someone buy from you without better information and a live person to talk to??? I like the RV. I need more pics and more vehicle information. Are you guys a legitimate seller industry? You need to contact me.
- Patricia Duncan, California

2021-06-28 2000 Fleetwood Discovery 36T View Listings

Nothing in the ad to look at I mean NOTHING !!! when I see an ad I expect to see some photos of the RV they are trying to sell But this is not the first time from this dealer that shows an empty page. I would expect to see at least a few photos but there are NONE
- Brad S Bakalyar, Oregon

2021-06-27 2016 Fleetwood Bounder 35K View Listings

My wife really loved the floor plan and we had a Bounder that was really great but getting old. I found this rig in the color we wanted in AR so I drove ours out to trade it in. On the way home, the microwave flew open with glass everywhere. Then in another trip, the refrigerator and freezer come open while driving so I had to install some velcro, which didn't help. The pantry door and slides, and the desk and drawer in the dash come open occasionally. The toilet pump literally pumps 87 - 100 times every time you flush it. This is irritating, especially when trying to sleep as it runs under the master bed. The worst part was the dash, it sounds like it will come crashing down any time you go on a bumpy road. We tried to put styrofoam underneath to help, but it fell out. This is with 15000 miles, still new!! We really loved this rig when we first went camping and got a lot of compliments. We look at it now and it looks beautiful as we are sad as we still love a lot about it. But overall, with all these problems that we could not easily fix ourselves, it has caused us to sell and get a different rig. I hope this is an isolated lemon, to say the least. Fleetwood, you need to design these things better as I think you are a good company otherwise!!
- REX NUTTER, California

2021-06-25 1999 Fleetwood Bounder 34J View Listings

This is a great motorhome. I wish my wife and I could afford it. Took it on a test ride, and it is absolutely in perfect working order. It appears that everything works appropriately. Thanks for the hospitality.
- John Doern, Illinois

2021-06-25 2021 Fleetwood Discovery LXE 44B View Listings

Undoubtedly the WORST mechanical item I've ever purchased in my life. In 6 months of ownership: Incorrectly installed fuel filler pipes, incorrectly installed generator fuel lines, broken dishwasher (2x), failed refrigerator (1 month out of service), 2 recalls, incorrectly sealed roof that resulted in leak into back bunks and mold/mildew, where my children sleep, incorrectly seating living room slide, allowing for water intrusion, water/electric door would not stay shut while driving (torn calf muscle exiting coach to shut in traffic), screen door not sealing properly, washing machine that inadvertently works, bathroom shade broke on first use. When I both called and emailed to schedule a factory service to address all of the issues, I was never contacted back via either medium. I know I'm missing items, but this is off the top of my head. It has been in service approximately 40% of our ownership time, with a retail list of nearly $500K and a purchase price in the mid $300s, this is criminal. In what was supposed to be a once-in-a lifetime experience for my family and I as the pandemic set in, I had a chance to remove myself from the grind of managing multiple companies and spend quality time with my family, especially my special needs daughter, as they weren't in school. It's egregious that the entire industry gets away with the quality issues they do, but based on my experience, I would not buy a toaster put together by REV Group. It's nice to see their statements on driving shareholder value. Maybe consider reinvesting some of that shareholder value in building a product worthy of even half the cost you currently charge, make customer service and client satisfaction a priority and you might still be in business a decade from now. The industry has been gifted a golden opportunity to grow a whole new generation of RV'ers, and this is how they respond. My experience with my '19 Winnebago View was only slightly better than this. If I operated any of my businesses in this manner, or provided a product or service of this quality, I'd be bankrupt in no time. Buy a second/vacation home instead of spending the same money on a rolling lemon like I own. It would be comical if not so painful for my family.
- David Essary, Georgia

2021-06-24 2021 Fleetwood Discovery LXE 44B View Listings

I just bought the LXE44B and am typing this from my first trip. While there are so many great features, I just have to report on four features that I hate. First and foremost (and this one is bewildering): when the slides are fully retracted and you are on the road . . . the air conditioning vents on the ceiling of the main salon are blocked! I kid you not. the slides retract and close up right over them. Not a single air conditioning vent is exposed. Our solution is to keep the bathroom door open while on the road and have at least that vent pumping cold air into the main salon. we cannot figure how this crazy design flaw went unnoticed. Second, the opening portal to fill the fuel tanks are not tilted. They are straight up and down (a sheer vertical face) . . . so you have to hold the pump nozzle the entire time you are filling up. You cannot just lock the nozzle in fueling mode and walk away as it will pop out. Third, there is no counter space on the side of the master bed. Just bed running to the window/wall. In my other motorhomes, there was at least 4 inches of side counter space next to the bed to place a phone, bottle of water, etc. Nothing here. Finally, there is zero level dash board area as it slopes away from the driver almost immediately. No room to place objects or mount things. Never had a motorhome that did not provide at least some convenience here. Anyway, just three irritating little design issues. The air-conditioning being the worse one. The unit drives like a dream. Handles beautifully. We really enjoy the floorplan. the digital screen interface with all the systems is wonderful. I feel this could have been an unmitigated homerun if not for those few design issues I just identified. seriously though, what the heck with the air-conditioning??? How can you design a coach without having cold air pumping into the main salon while on the road? We have to find solutions for something that should just work. Oh well.
- Russell Handy, Texas

2021-06-16 1999 Fleetwood Bounder 36S View Listings

I bought a 1999 fleetwood bounder brand new. It is absolutely the best motorhome on the market. I have put 146,000 miles on it with very few problems, mostly electrical. I highly recommend this brand motor home to anyone. It has a 5.9 diesel engine; allison transmission and a 7.5 Onan diesel generator.
- Loyd McBride, Alabama

2021-06-05 2000 Fleetwood Southwind 34N View Listings

It was great. Easy to post. Download pictures. Well put together website for both selling and searching. I like the way to put in the filters to search. Almost no like motorhomes in the 5th wheel section.
- Paul Watters, Colorado

2021-06-04 2005 Fleetwood Tioga 26Q View Listings

Best thing about this RV is: THE SINK IS IN THE RESTROOM DUH! LOOOKS FAAANTAAASTIC, FIBERGLASS SIDES BUFFED TO A SHINE, TONS OF NEW UPGRADES, E-450 SUPER DUTY RUNS LIKE NEW, EVERYTHING AC-HEAT-FRIGE-GENERATOR-STOVE-MICRO-WATER HEATER WORKS PERFECT, NEW FLOOR, NEW BATTERIES, NEW REAL FULL SIZE PORCELAIN TOILET, ALL NEW LED INSIDE LIGHTS SUPER BRIGHT, NON-SMOKER
- MEL LOWE, California

2021-06-03 2018 Fleetwood Discovery LXE 38K View Listings

Awesome Motor Home, great for towing a vehicle, diesel engine, low mileage very reliable and fun too! RV in excellent condition and all maintenance is up to date on the unit! Pics coming soon! Must see fully opened up to appreciate it.
- Michael Bernard Powell, Arizona

2021-05-27 2018 Fleetwood Southwind 37H View Listings

POLAR COLOR LOOKS GREAT, GREAT LAYOUT, EXTENDED OUT FEELS LIKE A HOME, DRIVES VERY NICE AT HIGHER SPEEDS, HAS THE LITTLE THINGS THAT REALLY COUNT, PRICING SEEMS TO BE FAIR COMPARED TO OTHER MANUFACTURES. YOU WON'T BE DISSIPOINTED
- JJ Griffin, California

2021-05-25 2021 Fleetwood Flair 29A View Listings

Purchased 01/15/2021. Today is 5/25/2021. Nice RV when able to use. Currently has 5,700 miles on it. After our 1st trip ended up at Ford dealer the 1st time due to engine light. Ended up being something to do with the fuel system and it was replaced. Went on 2nd trip and then we couldn't fill up the tank past 1/2 way. Once back home disconnected the batteries and then that resolved. After that, once the engine got hot and the vehicle was idling, the engine shut off. Would not restart for days. Now at Ford dealer again for repair. They think it's the fuse box getting overheated and then causing the fuel pump to not respond. We will see once parts are replaced. On top of that, there is a recall on the differential. Really bad experience so far.
- Lincoln Pitcher, Florida

2021-05-25 2013 Fleetwood Discovery 40E View Listings

Especially like the towing capacity of the Cummins 380 engine and cold dash air. Great floor plan for our family. The fit and finish is above par with todays new coaches and the turning radius by far surpasses other coaches I’ve driven.
- Bill Elrod, Arkansas

2021-05-24 2015 Fleetwood Bounder 33C View Listings

Yes to everything except RVTrailer.com sux in customer service in trying to call them and forced to call when manufacturer of rv and model needed attention I will let the ad run but go elsewhere if our rv does not sell. It sure should….very nice and at least 10k below what it should be. Here I’m forced to write 200 characters so I might as well tell all of the truth!
- Mickey mouse, California

2021-05-23 2006 Fleetwood Excursion 39L View Listings

Let Me See Again I need photos and caption????? We viewed multiple RV's but were not ready to make a purchase. Can Ii get a little open photography on this type of make and model maybe??? Thank You So Much!!!
- Lisa Marie Stahla, West Virginia