Fleetwood Reviews on RV Insider (591)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Fleetwood RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Shane from Utah says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2015 Fleetwood Discovery 37R View Listings

HORRIBLE! DONT BUY ONE. I bought a brand new 37r from my local dealer. From day one I have had nothing but problems with it. Sure it had some little quirks with it like every Motorhome will. I know you are rolling down the road shaking the pieces out of these things, but this went way deeper than that. We had a smell coming inside the coach that smelled like engine burning, or exhaust or something from the engine compartment. When we drove it, it would give us bad headaches and make us a little nauseous. I took it in to the dealer and they could not find anything. I took another trip and same things happened. So back to the dealer. ( mind you it has now been in the shop about 15 times) they found about 30 cracks, holes, areas where the wood was not tight or where things did not align up properly so they foamed it all with expanding spray foam. They went overboard. I removed the wood cover over my water heater. All the water lines were now encased in foam. Half of my water heater was covered in foam. That's what the manufacture told the dealer to do. Guess what, it did not solve the problem. Back and forth to the dealer countless times. Finally fleetwood said we will bring it back to the manufacture and work on it. So they did. Put another 3000 miles on the coach and spent three weeks back there. I now have 11,000 miles on the coach and have only taken 5 trips in it. They said they tore out the whole master bedroom and replaced the floor. They drove it back out to me and said it was all fixed.... (Wrong). Still did the very same thing. I was pissed. Let me point out at this point, this is just one items I have been dealing with. There are countless other things going wrong with the coach simultaneously. Just to name a few. First trip out it started raining, the wipers would not work. But when it quit raining they would work again. I finally fiqured out that water from the road was coming up over the wheel well and into the electrical panel compartment behind the wheel well and shorting out the wipers. Many hours later and countless tubes of caulking that one was fixed. I had door frames falling apart from the ceiling so doors would not close, I had no heat out of the front dashboard. I had no heat in the master bedroom or bathroom (found out they smashed the duct work when installed. ) I had outlets pulling out of the walls. I had very low hot water pressure and they could not tell me why. They just said that is normal. (So normal I could not shower because the water would just trickle down the shower faucet, right. ) Again after many trips and many hours they found it had a bad water mixing valve. (Can you say LEMON). Oh no don't say it yet. It gets worse...... On top of about 20 other things going wrong with the inside of the coach. I decide to go to Vegas. I get two hours down the road, the whole time I could smell a very strong smell and it continued getting worse. I finally considered turning around because my wife was now on the couch sick as a dog, massive headache and I myself was nauseous and also had a headache when I had someone signal to me to pull over. When I did I went outside to the engine compartment and I had diesel fuel pouring out on the ground and had been spraying my tow vehicle for the last two hours. Everything was covered. I called the manufacture and they told me to tow it to the nearest dealer and have it fixed. End of vacation again. It spent yet another week in the shop to find out that the fuel injector on cylinder number 1 had broken off. And of coarse it was a recalled part but they don't feel it is important to warn people about it. They will just fix it as they break. Amazing... Anyway. Back to the next and final trip in this Motorhome for me. I went up to see our daughter in Another state, and spent the first night there and on the second night at 1:30 am the carbon monoxide detector goes off. It scares the living crap out of me. I get up and feel sick and a little dizzy. I open up the windows and door to air it out. Finally after about ten minutes the alarm quits chirping. I was so mad at this point I knew I was done. The next day I went in to a dealership where I was at and found a new coach that I really liked. It is a tiffin 40 qbh. Have heard nothing but fabulous things about the quality of tiffin and the support you get. I traded in my old Fleetwood and drove home in the new coach. What a difference to finally be in a unit that is quality built. I would like you to note that all through this process I was in contact with the manufacture and not once did they say, hey I am real sorry, I think you might of got a lemon, let's replace it with another coach. Not once did they offer to help out with expenses incurred from all the mishaps. I spent 200,000 on the coach and have made payments of 2000.00 a month for a year now. That's 24,000 dollars plus the loss of the trade in because fleetwood would drag their feet and not do anything for me I lost another 40,000 in the trade. So I have lost over 64,000 dollars on a coach I have not been able to take out once without some major problems that ruined each trip. I finally called fleetwood and told them that I traded in the old 37r and bought a different brand and they seemed to care less. I know I am just one person to many millions of buyers for them. And I am sure they are happy to have me gone. But with the use of media like it is today. My one review will hopefully affect thousands as they consider what to buy when it comes to a new rv. Fleetwood should be excluded from your list. There is no customer service!!! I fully expected fleetwood to stand up for what they sell, I had a very bad unit, I expected fleetwood to buy it back from me and let me chose another coach. At the time I would have been happy to just swap it out with another new coach. But they chose not to go that route. Instead they would just keep blowing me off until I would go away. Well they got part of it right. I went away but I am not gone. I will forever more tell people at every rally I go to and every person I see and talk to about rv's the experiences that I had with fleetwood. I am not a vindictive person but if that is the way they are going to treat their customers then I want people to know about it. It's never to late to make this right Fleetwood........just saying P.s. I keep thinking of things that were wrong with the unit. There were so many things that I start to forget them over time...I wished I could add pictures to this review. Pictures are worth a thousand words and they would speak volumes for this coach. Some of each of these things contributed to a ruined vacation every single time we went out. And mind you at a cost of many thousands of dollars with time off work, time in shops getting things fixed, non refundable helicopter trips to the bottom of the Grand Canyon that you missed because your Motorhome is sitting on the side of the freeway broken down again....it's not worth it. No hot water could not shower whole trip (several trips. Kept saying it was fixed when it was not) Water mixing valve inop Outlets falling out of place No heat on dashboard Water into electrical panel compartment Electric cord reel broken. Would not stop winding up. Front rock guard peeling off Fuel injector broken off ( engine about to catch fire) Wipers not working Outside compartment doors flying open during travel on freeway (scary) Kinked power steering hose ( from the manufacture) Squeaky brakes since ownership Delaminated windshield Faulty water heater fuel valve Leaky pipes at water heater Smell from engine compartment Cracks, holes, openings for smell to come through Sun bleached led lighting on front of coach Smokey generator Air leak in man door and one window (air whistling while driving) Steering wheel cover latch broken Microwave squeaking so loud. Had fixed at factory. Came back worse No heat into bedroom and bathroom (smashed duct work ) No heat under dash on drivers side Bathroom window seal came apart. Would not seal. Forgot to fix at factory I know there are more things I just can not remember them at this moment. Do yourself a favor and take it from someone who has learned the hard way. Don't do it. Save yourself the pain and agony and your hard earned dollars and do some research. You will come up with a better solution. My question is why do companies act this way.....it used to be because they can.. But not anymore. I have seen social media close companies down. That's not my intent here but I would like to see something done. And if word continues to spread it will reach the majority of the Masses and things will change for the better or they will have to close down. Had that carbon monoxide detector not gone off. I would not be here writing this letter to you. I would be dead and not one thing would change.
- Shane, Utah

2020-07-08 2010 Fleetwood Discovery 40X View Listings

It's been great. When we first got it it had a few issues we took care of because of age. A beautiful high end motor home.Well thought out by the engineer and well decorated. We have had motor homes in the past but this is the best one we have had.
- Steve Corcoran, Ohio

2020-06-27 2010 Fleetwood Icon 24S View Listings

We've had the Fleetwood Icon 24s for 4 years. What a fun and easy to drive this RV has been. Our MPG over 20,000 miles: Highway 17 . The unbelievably large slideout makes this interior. Only reason for selling is we want a larger A Class RV. We will miss the size, maneuverability and power of this RV. Someday we will probably want the same RV back.
- sckapp, Ohio

2020-06-27 2002 Fleetwood Bounder Diesel 39Z View Listings

Have had this coach for 10 years and still going strong. Had some normal RV issues, but overall it's extremely reliable and practical. A lot of comments on forums about the Freightliner XC chassis ride quality. I have figured it out. I am running Toyo's set to their spec pressure, not 110 PSI, I run 85 PSI in the front, huge change in ride quality. Get your coach weighed and pull the tire chart for your tires you might be surprised. Added Tru Center steering control, added rear sway bar, added an updated bellcrank, changed the shocks and added the comfort ride air control values on all four air bags. Ride quality is night and day, goes down the road straight and true. I have put about 30k miles on this coach and hasn't missed a beat. The HP is fine for the power to weight ratio, can keep up with traffic in the mountains towing a mini van and still gets 10 MPG if you run around 60 MPH. Can't beat it.
- John, Alaska

2020-06-24 2020 Fleetwood Bounder 33C View Listings

This is the worst excuse for a customer service I have ever experienced..... I am done with Fleetwood and American eagle ,,,, SEE YA,,, lol BS Company This is the worst excuse for a customer service I have ever experienced..... I am done with Fleetwood and American eagle ,,,, SEE YA,,, lol BS Company This is the worst excuse for a customer service I have ever experienced..... I am done with Fleetwood and American eagle ,,,, SEE YA,,, lol BS Company
- mlpfarm, Texas

2020-06-24 2016 Fleetwood Bounder 36H View Listings

We have loved our 2016 Fleetwood Bounder as a starter class A driver....We upgraded from a 5th wheel. The Bounder has been very reliable. We have taken several trips over 5 days and enjoyed the comfort. It sleeps 6-8 people easily and has lots and lots of storage.... We use our Bounder as a duck camp in the winter and a fishing camp in the summer....We also use it for football tailgating and Mardi Gras parades.....We have loved our Bounder
- P. J. Demarie III, Louisiana

2020-06-19 2001 Fleetwood Bounder 31W View Listings

The 31W Fleetwood Bounder has been very reliable in traveling as well as comfortable to live in. Would like to upgrade the rear camera to a full color camera. Under cargo storage could be improved with “pass thru” storage. Also the manual awning mechanism needs improvement to open and close raiser
- Bill Bowler, Colorado

2020-06-16 1993 Fleetwood Tioga Arrow Econoline View Listings

This RV is in great condition. Floor plan is perfect, plenty of room. Drives great, easy to drive and easy to park. It has a separate toilet and shower. Plenty of storage. A/C overhead unit works great. Dash A/C keeps it nice and cool. It’s ready for your next adventure.
- Justyne Moore, Utah

2020-06-11 1989 Fleetwood Wilderness 15F View Listings

It was a great experience to have the small camper to enjoy with the family. It was really easy handling it. It was small camper but felt very luxurious and relaxing. I would definitely recommend if you want to have an enjoyable time with your family like I did.
- emily , Connecticut

2020-05-22 2015 Fleetwood Bounder 35K View Listings

Very nice motorhome with plenty of options incluing towing equipment and extended warranty until Feburary 28, 2021. Outside entertainment center with TV and CD/DVD player. Half bath in living area easy to get to while driving.
- Curt Sullivan, Arizona

2020-05-16 2017 Fleetwood Flair 29T View Listings

2017 Fleetwood Flair 29T, 11,000 miles excellent condition. Everything will be included. This unit is great for getting in and out of spaces with ease. Only 2 trips were made. 3 TV’s, queen size bed, sleeps 6. So much to list.
- James Lagattolla , Florida

2020-05-14 2008 Fleetwood Highlander Arcadia View Listings

This Camper is bigger than you think! I had plenty of room in it and I'm 6'5" Its a perfect combination of the fun of tent camping mixed with the luxuries of your home. AND ITS SMALL ENOUGH TO FIT INTO YOUR GARAGE. (WHERE ITS OUT OF SUNLIGHT)
- Dana D., California

2020-05-12 2020 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 35S View Listings

We bought our RV in October 2019 and drove to Tucson. Our rig was in Tucson until May. Our rig is now in the Oregon factory service center. we have such a long list of repairs needed because of the lack of quality control. Plus WE HAVE RUST ON A 6 MONTH OLD RV. The factory claims that this is due to environmental issues and thus not covered under the warranty. After battling with them, they have agreed to wire brush and coat the rust they can get to. They take no responsibility for poor undercoating or we believe no undercoating. Their own service manager said that it probably was not undercoated at the factory. So we are stuck with a rig that has so many problems it needs 350 HOURS OF LABOR TO CORRECT ALL THE ISSUES. Not only is the rig the only thing that needs fixing. They need lessons in customer service. If anyone can offer advice on what steps I should take with this RV, please contact me.
- m bollen, Arizona

2020-05-08 2011 Fleetwood Expedition 36M View Listings

Like most people, we started with a 24' class C, then a 26'C and a 30" C, each offered more pleasure. Then we made a major to a class A, followed by a class A slide out. That's when we really noticed the class A diesel passing us, as we crawling up a hill. Which lead us back to our favorite dealer to try a used diesel. We immediately recognized the torque and handling truck chassis on air ride, air brakes. We did not miss the noise of the gas engine screaming, fighting a head wind, or hill. That lasted a couple years of enjoyment and realization, this is the way to go. That's when we bought a new diesel and enjoyed for 14 years and 82,000 miles. As happens, we had some medical issues and sold it to waiting buyers. Being well again, we missed the motorhome and purchased a gasser with three slide outs, which was fine, when we got there, but no fun to cruise in. We kept it 6 months and sold it and bought a well cared for 10 year old diesel and are back to comfortable travels. My advise is buy a nice diesel and save a lot of money and if it doesn't suit you, they are easy to sell.
- Thomas, Michigan

2020-05-04 2019 Fleetwood Discovery LXE 40G View Listings

We purchased two brand new 2019 discovery diesel pushers, first one in late 2018 second one in mid 2019 since then we have traded to A Entegra coach anthem and never will go back to another rev group product. Rev customer service is nonexistent denied claims for major issues within two months of purchase, never got the first follow up phone call with questions as to why we were so unhappy. $500,000 plus in purchases. Shame on them as we were loyal customers for over 10 years to the Fleetwood products.
- Douglas sewell , Kentucky

2020-05-03 2006 Fleetwood Discovery 39L View Listings

Whether it be for a weekend or fulltime, the four slides gives you that extra space and comfort to stretch out and not feel so cramped. It's very easy to drive with no chassis related issues from the Freightliner chassis. The 330 Cat. has more than enough power to pull you and your toad up and down the continental divide 10% grades getting around 7.5 to 9.5 mpg overall. The basement has plenty of room for everything you would need for a weekend or full time. If your looking for fulltime or just to get away, don't pass this one up
- Gary Holzermer , Florida

2020-05-01 2017 Fleetwood Bounder 35K View Listings

Our Bounder35k is an excellent quality rig. We have had many great experiences with it, but do to health reasons we have to sell it. The king bed is as comfortable as our bed in our home, the extra bathroom has been handy when we had family and friends staying with us in the Motorhome.
- Nick, Florida

2020-04-29 1997 Fleetwood American Eagle 40EVS View Listings

We loved our RV. We were both recently empty nesters, and moved to SC. So...we thought it would be fun to go mobile for a year before we bought a home. 3 and half years later we finally bought a home and now we don't really need it. We traveled all over the South East for business so it was ideal. It's in great condition and runs great! You will love it.
- Glen Fitzgerald, South Carolina

2020-04-28 2002 Fleetwood American Revolution 40C View Listings

Traveled full time for more then 7 years. Was easy to drive, maintain, and live in. No complaints. The bus towed a 27' enclosed trailer with no effort. Back up camera and lighted steps were a plus. Engine is strong and easy to maintain.
- Rebecca Dickinson, Florida

2020-04-24 2006 Fleetwood American Eagle 42R View Listings

Toured American Eagle mcg. Plant in Indiana ....then Tiffin plant in Red Bay. REV GROUP service policy flipped the option to go with used Eagle. Deliberate decision to stay away from DEF ....CAT ENGINE has made a monmouth difference in cost of ownership. Small design features when aggregated make the Eagle decision straightforward. Superior interior wood finish. Hydro-hot a smart option you will not regret. RA
- R. Austin, North Carolina

2020-04-24 2014 Fleetwood Terra SE 31C View Listings

This is a fantastic RV, in the 30 ft size. The layout is fantastic. We love the bunks to house our kids and have a place where their toys, sleeping bags and their bags, etc. can stay and don't have to be packed up everytime we ramble. It's very spacious, with the slides out, it's like a small apartment. Hot water is piping hot, quickly, and the outdoor shower is perfect for kids, dogs, beaches, or campsite where you want to rinse off before coming into the rig. The thermostat works awesome and fires up at night as needed (when it gets cold). It's a modern rig, with very nice, quality touches. It holds up very well to a family of 5 traveling over extended periods of time. It's fabulous hooked up or stand-alone (dry camping). The Ford engine is very powerful and powers up hills with no problems. Cruises well at higher speeds. We use cruise control as well. I highly recommend the vehicle, we love it!
- Tanya Wills, California

2020-04-17 1998 Fleetwood Flair 30H View Listings

I have had towables before but now I want to have a motorhome which will be my home for myself and my 4 little ones. I will need a car trailer as the ford mustang I own is rear wheel drive. Where did I get my towing experence? My husband and I were concessionaires we traveled all over. I loved that life but he passed and I went home to take care of family. Now all I have to worry about is me and my 4 little ones, the 4 legged ones.
- Virginia White, Arizona

2020-04-12 2018 Fleetwood Bounder 36H View Listings

We all love this motorhome. This is our 2nd Bounder. Previous 1996 Bounder 36U went to 49 states including Alaskan highway. Only problem was a refrigerator circuit card. First with the 2018 Bounder negatives - it is underpowered with the V10, 22,000 chassis is too small, and the F53 has horrible handling. Having said that I am still happy about the purchase. The handling problems are solved by CHF, SafeTPlus, and the Rear Stabilizer system. Just be prepared to spend an extra $1500 and you will very happy. For the underpowered engine, decide what you want to tow before you buy. A Honda Fit with manual transmission weighs 2500lbs and is appropriate for this rig. For the positives, there are many! Sleeps 10 people,TVs everywhere and then some, fireplace, nice windows, huge refrigerator, king bed, drop down bed over driver. This rig is a huge improvement over our 1996 Bounder which was already very good! Good job Fleetwood.
- Bruce Orr, Texas

2020-03-19 2004 Fleetwood Flair 33R View Listings

I fell totally in love with the RV the first time I saw it and knew it was the RV for us. Once my Hubby saw it, he agreed wholeheartedly. She starts first time, every time. It is really awesome condition for it's age. We lived it it for 2 months straight and really enjoyed our time thoroughly. We absolutely love this RV, but because of medical issues (two bad arms and shoulders), I can not longer drive it. My hubby is not much of a driver, so he can not, either. There are no mechanical issues, only a couple of minor cosmetic ones, mentioned in the description, other than that she is wonderful!!
- Steven & Patricia Kintner, North Carolina

2020-03-10 2019 Fleetwood Discovery 38N View Listings

Just picked one up, little used 12K on it. The caftmanship is top of the line for the price. The floor layout in the N is perfect for grand parents with Grandkids. Bunks are out of the way and easy to cover up. The power, and technicals are 1st class... I added my own Cradlepoint LTE/WIFI box so I can manage this remotely. I would recommend this coach for intermediate RV'ers and also the pro's. I am going to replace the TV in the kitchen for a 50" because I love a BIG TV. Enjoy!!!!
- Marty, Florida