Fleetwood

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Fleetwood RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Shane from Utah says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2015 Fleetwood Discovery 37R View Listings

HORRIBLE! DONT BUY ONE. I bought a brand new 37r from my local dealer. From day one I have had nothing but problems with it. Sure it had some little quirks with it like every Motorhome will. I know you are rolling down the road shaking the pieces out of these things, but this went way deeper than that. We had a smell coming inside the coach that smelled like engine burning, or exhaust or something from the engine compartment. When we drove it, it would give us bad headaches and make us a little nauseous. I took it in to the dealer and they could not find anything. I took another trip and same things happened. So back to the dealer. ( mind you it has now been in the shop about 15 times) they found about 30 cracks, holes, areas where the wood was not tight or where things did not align up properly so they foamed it all with expanding spray foam. They went overboard. I removed the wood cover over my water heater. All the water lines were now encased in foam. Half of my water heater was covered in foam. That's what the manufacture told the dealer to do. Guess what, it did not solve the problem. Back and forth to the dealer countless times. Finally fleetwood said we will bring it back to the manufacture and work on it. So they did. Put another 3000 miles on the coach and spent three weeks back there. I now have 11,000 miles on the coach and have only taken 5 trips in it. They said they tore out the whole master bedroom and replaced the floor. They drove it back out to me and said it was all fixed.... (Wrong). Still did the very same thing. I was pissed. Let me point out at this point, this is just one items I have been dealing with. There are countless other things going wrong with the coach simultaneously. Just to name a few. First trip out it started raining, the wipers would not work. But when it quit raining they would work again. I finally fiqured out that water from the road was coming up over the wheel well and into the electrical panel compartment behind the wheel well and shorting out the wipers. Many hours later and countless tubes of caulking that one was fixed. I had door frames falling apart from the ceiling so doors would not close, I had no heat out of the front dashboard. I had no heat in the master bedroom or bathroom (found out they smashed the duct work when installed. ) I had outlets pulling out of the walls. I had very low hot water pressure and they could not tell me why. They just said that is normal. (So normal I could not shower because the water would just trickle down the shower faucet, right. ) Again after many trips and many hours they found it had a bad water mixing valve. (Can you say LEMON). Oh no don't say it yet. It gets worse...... On top of about 20 other things going wrong with the inside of the coach. I decide to go to Vegas. I get two hours down the road, the whole time I could smell a very strong smell and it continued getting worse. I finally considered turning around because my wife was now on the couch sick as a dog, massive headache and I myself was nauseous and also had a headache when I had someone signal to me to pull over. When I did I went outside to the engine compartment and I had diesel fuel pouring out on the ground and had been spraying my tow vehicle for the last two hours. Everything was covered. I called the manufacture and they told me to tow it to the nearest dealer and have it fixed. End of vacation again. It spent yet another week in the shop to find out that the fuel injector on cylinder number 1 had broken off. And of coarse it was a recalled part but they don't feel it is important to warn people about it. They will just fix it as they break. Amazing... Anyway. Back to the next and final trip in this Motorhome for me. I went up to see our daughter in Another state, and spent the first night there and on the second night at 1:30 am the carbon monoxide detector goes off. It scares the living crap out of me. I get up and feel sick and a little dizzy. I open up the windows and door to air it out. Finally after about ten minutes the alarm quits chirping. I was so mad at this point I knew I was done. The next day I went in to a dealership where I was at and found a new coach that I really liked. It is a tiffin 40 qbh. Have heard nothing but fabulous things about the quality of tiffin and the support you get. I traded in my old Fleetwood and drove home in the new coach. What a difference to finally be in a unit that is quality built. I would like you to note that all through this process I was in contact with the manufacture and not once did they say, hey I am real sorry, I think you might of got a lemon, let's replace it with another coach. Not once did they offer to help out with expenses incurred from all the mishaps. I spent 200,000 on the coach and have made payments of 2000.00 a month for a year now. That's 24,000 dollars plus the loss of the trade in because fleetwood would drag their feet and not do anything for me I lost another 40,000 in the trade. So I have lost over 64,000 dollars on a coach I have not been able to take out once without some major problems that ruined each trip. I finally called fleetwood and told them that I traded in the old 37r and bought a different brand and they seemed to care less. I know I am just one person to many millions of buyers for them. And I am sure they are happy to have me gone. But with the use of media like it is today. My one review will hopefully affect thousands as they consider what to buy when it comes to a new rv. Fleetwood should be excluded from your list. There is no customer service!!! I fully expected fleetwood to stand up for what they sell, I had a very bad unit, I expected fleetwood to buy it back from me and let me chose another coach. At the time I would have been happy to just swap it out with another new coach. But they chose not to go that route. Instead they would just keep blowing me off until I would go away. Well they got part of it right. I went away but I am not gone. I will forever more tell people at every rally I go to and every person I see and talk to about rv's the experiences that I had with fleetwood. I am not a vindictive person but if that is the way they are going to treat their customers then I want people to know about it. It's never to late to make this right Fleetwood........just saying P.s. I keep thinking of things that were wrong with the unit. There were so many things that I start to forget them over time...I wished I could add pictures to this review. Pictures are worth a thousand words and they would speak volumes for this coach. Some of each of these things contributed to a ruined vacation every single time we went out. And mind you at a cost of many thousands of dollars with time off work, time in shops getting things fixed, non refundable helicopter trips to the bottom of the Grand Canyon that you missed because your Motorhome is sitting on the side of the freeway broken down again....it's not worth it. No hot water could not shower whole trip (several trips. Kept saying it was fixed when it was not) Water mixing valve inop Outlets falling out of place No heat on dashboard Water into electrical panel compartment Electric cord reel broken. Would not stop winding up. Front rock guard peeling off Fuel injector broken off ( engine about to catch fire) Wipers not working Outside compartment doors flying open during travel on freeway (scary) Kinked power steering hose ( from the manufacture) Squeaky brakes since ownership Delaminated windshield Faulty water heater fuel valve Leaky pipes at water heater Smell from engine compartment Cracks, holes, openings for smell to come through Sun bleached led lighting on front of coach Smokey generator Air leak in man door and one window (air whistling while driving) Steering wheel cover latch broken Microwave squeaking so loud. Had fixed at factory. Came back worse No heat into bedroom and bathroom (smashed duct work ) No heat under dash on drivers side Bathroom window seal came apart. Would not seal. Forgot to fix at factory I know there are more things I just can not remember them at this moment. Do yourself a favor and take it from someone who has learned the hard way. Don't do it. Save yourself the pain and agony and your hard earned dollars and do some research. You will come up with a better solution. My question is why do companies act this way.....it used to be because they can.. But not anymore. I have seen social media close companies down. That's not my intent here but I would like to see something done. And if word continues to spread it will reach the majority of the Masses and things will change for the better or they will have to close down. Had that carbon monoxide detector not gone off. I would not be here writing this letter to you. I would be dead and not one thing would change.
- Shane, Utah

2021-10-11 2003 Fleetwood Southwind 32V View Listings

I've owned this RV for 12 years. Love the floorplan and build quality. More than enough engine power to tow anywhere. It has all the amenities you could want when boondocking or glamping with full hook ups. I would definitely buy this model again.
- John Parsons, California

2021-10-10 2006 Fleetwood Jamboree 23E View Listings

We've owned this RV for over a year and have really enjoyed it. There has been no issues with it. Love it!! Due to the age we installed a new Refrigerator and Microwave and water pump. Engine is a v10 and has 175000 miles on it but runs great and we've drove to Texas from Nebraska and have had no problems. It's very comfortable and it's enjoyable to get away.
- Mary Conaway, Nebraska

2021-10-05 2006 Fleetwood Terry 30RLS View Listings

I was here because it only had one soft spot. Driving 150 miles to see the RV and left because it had 1 spot on the bedroom and 2 soft spot on the slide out and one on the front. Must be coming from the roof. Also to the price tag they add $1325 dealers fee and $725 cleaning fee befor adding taxes. So this travel trailer is almost $11000. $3000 more than in the advertising on Internet. What a scam company.
- Ludwig Eckl, Florida

2021-10-04 2012 Fleetwood Bounder Classic 34B View Listings

More than satisfied with the motorhome. Very reliable - solid well built in over all excellent condition. Generator and all slides work well. No real dislikes. Have owned for 5 years and must be sold due to health issues
- Donald Quinn, South Carolina

2021-09-30 2015 Fleetwood Flair 26D View Listings

Comfortable walk around bed. Lots storage inside and out. Class a basement gives you tons of storage to know. The shower is large enough and tall enough. The splits bathroom is very convenient. Drivers and passenger seats are large and comfortable. The fridge and freezer are very sufficient for long-term camping.
- Michael Kazemfar, Idaho

2021-09-28 2015 Fleetwood Flair 26D View Listings

Easy to drive Great floor plan Tows my Buick Enclave easily. My wife finds it very drive able. My Flair does sway a bit when semis pass. Added a bar that lessened this this. I had a 30 foot 5th wheel and a small class C. Definitely liked this rv the best.
- Ronald Bishop, Illinois

2021-09-26 2000 Fleetwood Flair 25F View Listings

First big trip was 13-straight hours to a California campground and 13-hours back 6-days latter. I would recommend this particular RV to any novice RV'r because it is so easy to drive. This is my first driver-able RV. I have not even owned a trailer, let alone an RV driver. One word "WOW". And I drove very little because I'm fully disabled.I learned how to dump the BLACK water tank (Toilet) water and the GRAY water both were so easy once I figured it out.Also filling up the clean water tank and keeping it filed.Making sure your RV is always plugged in when idle.It was awesome to use the indoor shower. Their is an outdoor shower as well.Their is so much more and fun you will have with this A RV, I have to tell you in person. It's past warenty therefore I'm happy with both the enjine and transmission.
- RENZO MOTTINO, Washington

2021-09-21 2015 Fleetwood Bounder 35K View Listings

Great floor plan! The sectional “L shaped” sofa is perfect for snuggling up after a day on the road. And has a fireplace, for those chilly evenings. We had a wonderful trip taking this rig all the way to California and then back by Route 66! Bucket list item: Check! With everything automatic (steps, awning, leveling gear, DISH TV) arriving at the next campground on the route was a breeze! Snug and secure, even when the neighbors were less than perfect. The Ford V10 chassis and drive train is one of the best on the road today. We could not have found a better rig, when we took off on our post-retirement adventure!
- BC, Pennsylvania

2021-09-14 2021 Fleetwood Bounder 35K View Listings

Very cheaply made. Washer is in crooked the sewer line is crooked. Trim is coming off the wall. Trim on the dash is coming up. Very disappointed in the workmanship. I wish we never bought it. 2021 Fleetwood Bounder 35k.
- Karen lee, Alabama

2021-09-10 2005 Fleetwood Providence 39L View Listings

We have owned our RV for 3 years and have really enjoyed traveling locally and to other states. We enjoy the space for comfort and storage. Our unit had a minimal outside kitchen already in it which my husband improved by adding a Blackstone grill and griddle. We cook out breakfast and evening meals with it often and watch tv in the evening. I like having a washer/dryer in house. The ride is very comfortable.
- Carol R, Iowa

2021-09-10 2017 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 33D View Listings

I have used this RV and towed a Chevy Equinox over the last year or so. It handles extremely well in high winds and handles the hills pretty well. There are 3 cameras which does help on the turns and changing lanes. I have had no warranty experience, but have called the factory for troubleshooting with good success.
- tom sternberg, Nebraska

2021-09-02 2005 Fleetwood Highlander Niagara View Listings

I have never once had to bring this unit in for warranty work. The initial price was wrong and fair market value is $10,200 based upon similar research and size. She is big, and towing it has a stability bar extra point of contact and control. Backing up is easy. and closing is very simple. The Heater and the Water Tank are also a plus for Fall and remote camping for sink and potable water.
- Mike, Illinois

2021-08-24 2018 Fleetwood Discovery LXE 40E View Listings

Outstanding Coach. Very functional floor plan. Drives like a dream. Very powerful power plant. Avg 8.6 mpg. Fit and finish is amazing. Flat tows our Jeep Wrangler wit ease. Standard equipment is an upgrade on other RV makes.
- Richard Shettler, Florida

2021-08-22 2003 Fleetwood Southwind 32V View Listings

Very happy with this coach. Driven many miles with it without any issues. Very comfortable and easy to drive. All appliances work as if new. Only minor issues such as bedroom sliding door came loose during drive. Easy $8 fix with new latch from Home Depot.
- Teri, California

2021-08-18 2006 Fleetwood Jamboree 31M View Listings

The Motorhome drives great and we really liked the larger bathroom and the hallway bypassing the bathroom to the back bedroom. The Bedroom and Living Room large slide really added to the space. The overhead queen and beds from the dinette and sofa really added sleeping space. This basement model has tons of space and one that is a "seethru" bay. The Ford Chassis and Triton V-10 has been very reliable as we owned another vehicle with the same chassis and engine - never had a problem for the 8 years that we owned that Class C. It is ready to go anywhere and we just finished a 2,000 mile trip with 2 adults and 3 kids.
- DeWayne Brown, Oklahoma

2021-08-13 2021 Fleetwood Fortis 34MB View Listings

6 months old. 2 trips to factory and still have 3 items to fix Hopefully 1 more trip will do. Obviously no QC performed. Unit had to be sent to Fird dealer in Decatur because of chassis battery drain when in in storage. Fresh water drain valve is under the bed behind a screwed in panel. Dryerdoesn't work. It is a nice coach and we would love to get on with camping but have to stay close to factory for 1st year. I believe Fleetwood should extend the warranty for these kind of factory errors. Thanks
- EDWARD B SPALDING, Kentucky

2021-08-05 2013 Fleetwood Bounder 33C View Listings

We had an amazing 4 years with this RV, we are simply looking to downsize otherwise we would keep it. Its just too much for us. It has been a fantastic RV, there have been a few little minor glitches with it along the way but they have all been fixed and no issues now. This RV has been very well taken care of and is ready for its next family. You will love it. The V10 engine works amazing and pulls it very well even up steep mountain roads.
- Todd Maltbie, California

2021-08-02 2014 Fleetwood Expedition 40X View Listings

I am having problems with the coolant overflow tank crumbling causing coolant to leak out. I first noticed this in the middle of a long western US vacation during the heat of the summer. After researching the issue, it is a know problem within the plastic in which the tanks are made. They decompose under UV sunlight. a small portion of my tank is exposed to the sunlight, right where the issue has occurred. I promptly contacted Fleetwood RV and asked for some kind of help, being it is a know issue and there have been thousands of complaints. They offered no support whatsoever. Not even an apology, even though they acknowledge there is a defect with the plastic compound they utilize. I further discovered that they changed the plastic compound to prevent decomposition in UV sunlight. They told me if they replaced mine, they'd have to replace everyone's. Well, that's kinda what they should do seeing is a manufacturer's defect AND how much a Fleetwood Class A motorhome cost. So, now I'm at the mercy of whatever repair facility I choose will charge me. I have estimates of $1, 000 . Although the tank is only $100, the labor to replace the tank is extensive. I am disgusted at Fleetwood. I've owned several Fleetwood products in my life and have have very good luck with them and generally very support from Fleetwood, until now. I WILL NEVER, EVER PURCHASE ANOTHER FLEETWOOD RV PRODUCT AGAIN! NOR WILL I RECOMMEND A FLEETWOOD RV PROECT TOANYONE WHO ASKS.
- Jeffery Finkbeiner, California

2021-08-01 2006 Fleetwood Bounder 32W View Listings

I own this 32' Class A MH, and I love it. It drives like an oversized van. It is spacious and extremely comfortable. Has all the bells and whistles one needs for reliability and comfort. Awesome for Boon Docking..Has a Great Generator and extremely powerful motor to make climbing a breeze.
- Robert Ouellette, Colorado

2021-07-31 2019 Fleetwood Discovery LXE 40G View Listings

I really wanted to buy this RV and once I got it we didnt use it nearly as much as we thought we would so it sat around a lot. It also seemed like something was always breaking on it and to get it in for service is a nightmare as they are backed up for months. I would not likely ever buy another RV again. I'd for sure rent one in the future though.
- Joe Ogg, Michigan

2021-07-29 2001 Fleetwood Flair 30H View Listings

As someone who used to sell RVs back in the day, I was aware of many different RV brands. Fleetwood was superior at so many price points because they shared the quality details throughout the product line so entry RVs got many of the same treatments as their highline ones. This Flair has a Power Platform, the same as Fleetwood's Top-line motorcoaches have. This stiffens the structure significantly. Your benefits include: Safety- Far better handling, Comfort- Much quieter cabin on the road, and Longevity- Way less torque on all seals. Meaning these are less likely to have leaks. Now, 20 years later, they still use this structure in today's units. An older Flair is an excellent choice for a higher value/lower drama RV experience.
- Matt Larsen, Washington

2021-07-27 2007 Fleetwood Providence 40X View Listings

If you are looking for a coach that is very clean and dependable. I purchased this unit on 2/20. This unit was hardly lived in, no smoking and pets in its history, 350 cat with retarder. Allison transmission, Cummins diesel generator, washer/dyer combo. My bottom line is $ 87,000. So many extras to list. I’m downsizing in Florida, getting a 5th wheel, this is why I’m selling.
- Stuart Whitenack, Florida

2021-07-26 2007 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 36D View Listings

I like this rv because of the smooth engine ride also how much space it have when both slides are open plus the full body paint color I will sell it because of health problem call 408 799 9708 name Vince
- Vincent demanuele, California

2021-07-25 2018 Fleetwood Bounder 35K View Listings

We love this floorplan and the King size bed is a huge asset! It has a washer/dryer combo and that extra half bath is so nice, especially if you have visitors. We have added some steering and sway bars to make it more drivable. It's the perfect size for full time living. Lots of storage compartments inside and out. We have not had any major issues. Just had to get a new battery.
- Jeff Studer, Nebraska