Fleetwood RVs Reviews (515)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Fleetwood RVs Reviews and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of these RVs.

Shane from Utah says:

Have you owned any Fleetwood RVs? Write a review

Voted Most Helpful Review 2015 Fleetwood Discovery 37R View Listings

HORRIBLE! DONT BUY ONE. I bought a brand new 37r from my local dealer. From day one I have had nothing but problems with it. Sure it had some little quirks with it like every Motorhome will. I know you are rolling down the road shaking the pieces out of these things, but this went way deeper than that. We had a smell coming inside the coach that smelled like engine burning, or exhaust or something from the engine compartment. When we drove it, it would give us bad headaches and make us a little nauseous. I took it in to the dealer and they could not find anything. I took another trip and same things happened. So back to the dealer. ( mind you it has now been in the shop about 15 times) they found about 30 cracks, holes, areas where the wood was not tight or where things did not align up properly so they foamed it all with expanding spray foam. They went overboard. I removed the wood cover over my water heater. All the water lines were now encased in foam. Half of my water heater was covered in foam. That's what the manufacture told the dealer to do. Guess what, it did not solve the problem. Back and forth to the dealer countless times. Finally fleetwood said we will bring it back to the manufacture and work on it. So they did. Put another 3000 miles on the coach and spent three weeks back there. I now have 11,000 miles on the coach and have only taken 5 trips in it. They said they tore out the whole master bedroom and replaced the floor. They drove it back out to me and said it was all fixed.... (Wrong). Still did the very same thing. I was pissed. Let me point out at this point, this is just one items I have been dealing with. There are countless other things going wrong with the coach simultaneously. Just to name a few. First trip out it started raining, the wipers would not work. But when it quit raining they would work again. I finally fiqured out that water from the road was coming up over the wheel well and into the electrical panel compartment behind the wheel well and shorting out the wipers. Many hours later and countless tubes of caulking that one was fixed. I had door frames falling apart from the ceiling so doors would not close, I had no heat out of the front dashboard. I had no heat in the master bedroom or bathroom (found out they smashed the duct work when installed. ) I had outlets pulling out of the walls. I had very low hot water pressure and they could not tell me why. They just said that is normal. (So normal I could not shower because the water would just trickle down the shower faucet, right. ) Again after many trips and many hours they found it had a bad water mixing valve. (Can you say LEMON). Oh no don't say it yet. It gets worse...... On top of about 20 other things going wrong with the inside of the coach. I decide to go to Vegas. I get two hours down the road, the whole time I could smell a very strong smell and it continued getting worse. I finally considered turning around because my wife was now on the couch sick as a dog, massive headache and I myself was nauseous and also had a headache when I had someone signal to me to pull over. When I did I went outside to the engine compartment and I had diesel fuel pouring out on the ground and had been spraying my tow vehicle for the last two hours. Everything was covered. I called the manufacture and they told me to tow it to the nearest dealer and have it fixed. End of vacation again. It spent yet another week in the shop to find out that the fuel injector on cylinder number 1 had broken off. And of coarse it was a recalled part but they don't feel it is important to warn people about it. They will just fix it as they break. Amazing... Anyway. Back to the next and final trip in this Motorhome for me. I went up to see our daughter in Another state, and spent the first night there and on the second night at 1:30 am the carbon monoxide detector goes off. It scares the living crap out of me. I get up and feel sick and a little dizzy. I open up the windows and door to air it out. Finally after about ten minutes the alarm quits chirping. I was so mad at this point I knew I was done. The next day I went in to a dealership where I was at and found a new coach that I really liked. It is a tiffin 40 qbh. Have heard nothing but fabulous things about the quality of tiffin and the support you get. I traded in my old Fleetwood and drove home in the new coach. What a difference to finally be in a unit that is quality built. I would like you to note that all through this process I was in contact with the manufacture and not once did they say, hey I am real sorry, I think you might of got a lemon, let's replace it with another coach. Not once did they offer to help out with expenses incurred from all the mishaps. I spent 200,000 on the coach and have made payments of 2000.00 a month for a year now. That's 24,000 dollars plus the loss of the trade in because fleetwood would drag their feet and not do anything for me I lost another 40,000 in the trade. So I have lost over 64,000 dollars on a coach I have not been able to take out once without some major problems that ruined each trip. I finally called fleetwood and told them that I traded in the old 37r and bought a different brand and they seemed to care less. I know I am just one person to many millions of buyers for them. And I am sure they are happy to have me gone. But with the use of media like it is today. My one review will hopefully affect thousands as they consider what to buy when it comes to a new rv. Fleetwood should be excluded from your list. There is no customer service!!! I fully expected fleetwood to stand up for what they sell, I had a very bad unit, I expected fleetwood to buy it back from me and let me chose another coach. At the time I would have been happy to just swap it out with another new coach. But they chose not to go that route. Instead they would just keep blowing me off until I would go away. Well they got part of it right. I went away but I am not gone. I will forever more tell people at every rally I go to and every person I see and talk to about rv's the experiences that I had with fleetwood. I am not a vindictive person but if that is the way they are going to treat their customers then I want people to know about it. It's never to late to make this right Fleetwood........just saying P.s. I keep thinking of things that were wrong with the unit. There were so many things that I start to forget them over time...I wished I could add pictures to this review. Pictures are worth a thousand words and they would speak volumes for this coach. Some of each of these things contributed to a ruined vacation every single time we went out. And mind you at a cost of many thousands of dollars with time off work, time in shops getting things fixed, non refundable helicopter trips to the bottom of the Grand Canyon that you missed because your Motorhome is sitting on the side of the freeway broken down again....it's not worth it. No hot water could not shower whole trip (several trips. Kept saying it was fixed when it was not) Water mixing valve inop Outlets falling out of place No heat on dashboard Water into electrical panel compartment Electric cord reel broken. Would not stop winding up. Front rock guard peeling off Fuel injector broken off ( engine about to catch fire) Wipers not working Outside compartment doors flying open during travel on freeway (scary) Kinked power steering hose ( from the manufacture) Squeaky brakes since ownership Delaminated windshield Faulty water heater fuel valve Leaky pipes at water heater Smell from engine compartment Cracks, holes, openings for smell to come through Sun bleached led lighting on front of coach Smokey generator Air leak in man door and one window (air whistling while driving) Steering wheel cover latch broken Microwave squeaking so loud. Had fixed at factory. Came back worse No heat into bedroom and bathroom (smashed duct work ) No heat under dash on drivers side Bathroom window seal came apart. Would not seal. Forgot to fix at factory I know there are more things I just can not remember them at this moment. Do yourself a favor and take it from someone who has learned the hard way. Don't do it. Save yourself the pain and agony and your hard earned dollars and do some research. You will come up with a better solution. My question is why do companies act this way.....it used to be because they can.. But not anymore. I have seen social media close companies down. That's not my intent here but I would like to see something done. And if word continues to spread it will reach the majority of the Masses and things will change for the better or they will have to close down. Had that carbon monoxide detector not gone off. I would not be here writing this letter to you. I would be dead and not one thing would change.
- Shane, Utah

2019-08-21 2015 Fleetwood Discovery 40E View Listings

Have a issue with the DuraSheild Coating on the front and front left & right side with brown spots still under warranty DuraSheild reps say spots are caused buy the sun and won't cover it, Fleetwood Factory said I'm on my own and they are the one that put it on. Had I known I was going to have this problem I would have never let them put it on it's sad when the factory can't stand behind their product don't buy from Fleetwood go somewhere else most of all stay away from durasheild.
- Dancenotti@gmail.com, Florida

2019-08-18 2017 Fleetwood Flair 31E View Listings

I purchased this 31E new in 2017, I've only had one warranty issue and that was a bad ground on the chassis causing the lights not to work. Our local Ford dealership has serviced this RV every year and keeps in it great shape. The RV has ample shape and is geared towards small families with 7 seat belts, 7 beds and 7 places for people to eat or more if you use the front table. The captain chairs turn around as well for more guests. It is the perfect size to drive and get in and out of small county/state parks but livable enough you don't notice its only 31 feet long. The best thing about this coach is the huge amounts of outside storage. Its easy to get set up at a campsite with the auto levelers and (2) slides. You'll love the Fleetwood Flair 31E.
- Mark Petersen, Iowa

2019-08-17 2004 Fleetwood Southwind 32VS View Listings

I have enjoyed it for years without issue. Im technically the second owner ..original owner passed away and i purchased from the couple that inherited it..they had no place to store it & were not camper folks. 15 years old& like new all works even roof A.C. . Dometic3way fridge Carrier a.c.,3burnerStove,nice sink&hot Water tank,furnace will easily keep me warm on winter trips i was planning on pulling out the mr.buddy but wasnt needed. my cabinets except a scuff on one still look new. I knew about condesation since the 70,s from tent and popup camping and its a small hassle to deal with for the unbeatable airflow i get. about 75% of popup material is widows front,sides,that unzip,upper back door is screen when panel is off... the side glass widows on lower part have screens and small window underneath cabover bed opens with screen . If in shade with all that ventilation 85 degrees isnt a problem. I prefer primitive camping in nature away from the masses in a RV park. I dont understand why anyone would store their RV without making sure it was dry and weather proofed. Last few years have went looking at 4 season hard sided truck campers...when inside its like torture!! they just DO NOT put big enoungh windows or enough to get decent airflow..not gonna run fantastic fans and a.c. ..i want to hear nature.I have full size door and love it.
- Matooley Obrien, Ohio

2019-08-10 2015 Fleetwood Storm 28MS View Listings

We recently returned from an 87 day, 13 states, 7,200 mile trip including a drive over the highest paved road in the country. The Fleetwood Storm performed remarkably well and we absolutely had no mechanical problems. We dinghy towed the whole way. The outside amenities that include a 50 inch TV, Weber grill and a built-in cooler are the highlights of this unit. We also were able to sleep our three grandkids comfortably while they were with us. It has been a remarkable RV...but health concerns have made it necessary for someone else to enjoy this great unit. Superb for athletic events and hunting trips.The new owner is in for quite a surprise.
- Andrew Vickery, Alabama

2019-08-10 2008 Fleetwood Discovery 35H View Listings

During my ownership of this RV, I have been to many trade shows and looked at other RV's - this 35 ft Fleetwood Discovery always excels over all others even new models. The quality, size, floor plan, spaciousness, decor and livability are the best I have found. The mechanical aspects of the Freightliner chassis, Cummins diesel engine and Allison transmission allow for comfortable, easy, dependable and worry free driving. This 35 ft Fleetwood Discovery will tick all of your boxes making it the perfect choice for your next RV. Due to lifestyle changes, it is now necessary to sell.
- Judith Vaughn, Florida

2019-08-09 2005 Fleetwood Southwind 37C View Listings

We love this rv. When the 3 slides are open, it offers a huge living area. The refrigerator is larger than the rv norm and the bathroom is very roomy. I love all the storage inside and out. The bedroom is a good size too. When the slide is open, you can easily walk around the bed. I wish we had more time to enjoy this motorhome. It comfortably sleeps 6, but can accommodate more, if needed.
- Nina, Nevada

2019-08-07 2019 Fleetwood Pulse 24A View Listings

Its beautiful! Its comfortable! Drives like my Mercedes SUV. Lots of windows and is easy to live in! Love it Love it!This was my first time having an RV and set me up for my future. As soon as I retire, it will be my next lifestyle!
- J Dulin, Florida

2019-08-07 2007 Fleetwood Southwind 32V View Listings

I drove this rig, towing a Jeep Wrangler, from Bend, Oregon down to Barstow, California visiting family and friends and then Eastward to South Carolina to our new home. It was easy, even for a 78 year old lady. I did the set-ups and take-downs each day of travel and the total time for the trip was three weeks. This is a wonderful RV for anyone who wants to travel and would make a great home for any full-timer. Due to the year of manufacture, there is no longer any factory warranty but any good RV Service company can take care of your needs.
- Jessica Livingston, South Carolina

2019-08-05 2019 Fleetwood Flair 29M View Listings

We bought the unit new. We have an issue every time we use it. The dealership can't get the electrical fixed. The overhead bunk got stuck in the down position. The lights don't work and has been worked on 5 different times. We love the length and layout but are frustrated by electrical and quality issues.
- Carol, Virginia

2019-08-01 2000 Fleetwood Southwind Storm 34D View Listings

Fleetwood Southwind Storms of this size and quality are few and far between. Why pay $90k for an RV when you'll be spending most of your time in nature or outdoors?! So get something that is big enough for you and your peeps. Ya' all don't want to have to pile on top of one another! How uncivilized! Instead, a 35' long RV home is what's needed ta 'keep it real'. Give yourselves some space please!!! It's a necessity in the world of outdoor RV living...the bigger the better. But why buy new? But used! The beauty of this big ol RV is that it gives you ROOM to live sanely while you're all together in your sweet micro-RV home, as you all adventure into that vast forest or escape to da beach. The whole fam-damily and dat group of crazy friends, needs every foot of them thar 35' feet of sanity. Keep it real---calm....go for a 35 footer majestic Feetwood Southwind Storm. It'll keep you safe and warm from unpredictable Mother Nature too.
- Chi Chi, Minnesota

2019-07-28 2017 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 35M View Listings

Buying this brand new Fleetwood was a bad mistake on our part and we have learned our lesson for sure with Fleetwood, The REV Group and Holiday World. All of which clearly do not value customer service, doing the right thing or standing behind what they manufacture and sell. Take it from me do not buy a product manufactured by them! We have had problems from the start with the punch list taking months to get these items repaired or replaced. Salesman (who said he was behind us the whole way) told us the satellite was traveling version and it wasn’t, dealer would not replace as promised. The dealer had our new Motorhome more than us for the first 13 months of ownership. Not great paying for something you cannot use. Not to mention years of saving and looking forward to upgrading to a Class A. Only to be told by service manager at the dealer that “you did buy on the lower end of the Class A line”. We have had to cancel multiple trips resulting in loss of deposits and really this has taken the joy out of camping and being on the road for us. And this last trip was miserable with lack of working a/c and the toilet failure. Something they can never compensate us for. Dealership said it takes a long time to get warranty authorization from Fleetwood/REV Group. And when you call REV Group, they say to contact your dealer. Complaints to REV Group about the dealer seemed to fall on deaf ears, Finally we had to hire an attorney and have letters sent to get some resolution only to finally be told by attorney nothing else could be done and they were off the case. Since then we have had wall panels pop loose, dash gauge lights flickering. Headlights seem to move around and frequently require adjustment, Icemaker line not connected properly so coach floor flooded on first trip; not repaired properly by dealer and same happened again so repaired it myself, Rooftop A/C compressor failure working, generator to fail, vacuflush toilet vacuum chamber to blow out and flood compartment with waste (messy), door trim loose, microwave trim fall off going down the road, carpet at slide out torn (item on original list), master bed platform hinge tear loose, cab a/c failure, windshield wipers not work in rainstorm, cab mirrors come loose, outside panels break loose around rear wheels, Refrigerator quit working, batteries dead on purschase and House batteries failed again after months at dealership, awning stopped working, paint peeled around Engine intake, multiple areas on and around chassis where paint is peeling, kick plates and doors popped loose and probably a few things I have missed. Once again do your due diligence when looking to purchase or make this kind of investment, looking to trade very soon and just go ahead and take the loss as it’s better than what we are dealing with now.. Happy Camping just don’t do it in Fleetwood/REV Group product... Michael M. Houston, Texas
- Michael M., Texas

2019-07-26 2005 Fleetwood Terry Quantum 320DBHS View Listings

We have thoroughly enjoyed this camper and are only selling due to my tow vehicle being too old and my children having grown. Though it is a fairly long and heavy camper, it is easy to tow and maneuver. Lots of life left in this camper!
- jconsoli0704@yahoo.com, Maryland

2019-07-26 2004 Fleetwood Bounder 35E View Listings

bought my 2004 Fleetwood Bounder 35E 1n 2006 and it has been a great RV.It has the workhorse chassis with the 8.1 and allison transmission and has plenty of power.With the big shower 2 and a half bathrooms,washer dryer, 4 door frig with ice maker,plus holds 110 gallons of water,Dish satellite TVs it a home away from home with plenty of storage and with very few little issues.
- Jim Alldridge, Washington

2019-07-26 2007 Fleetwood Southwind 35A View Listings

We drove this RV across the USA from OR to CA and then to SC. We traveled slowly taking 3 weeks to visit family and friends on the way to our new home. We, also, had two cats with us. The trip was great and our Jeep Wrangler towed easily and was easy to take on and off the tow bar. We carried supplies that the moving company would not take, so we had some extra weight, yet, by adhering to big truck speed limits we were able to get between 8-10 MPG. The solar panel works well helping keep batteries up when not in use, and both the furnace and two A/C units kept us very comfortable in all climate conditions (snow to desert heat and "lowcountry" heat and humidity). We had all the windows redone before the trip and the RV was well maintained by the first/previous owner and we have continued this during our ownership. The only reason we are putting this wonderful RV on the market is due to declining health issues.
- David and Jessica Livingston, South Carolina

2019-07-23 2019 Fleetwood Bounder 35K View Listings

I will start with the positive first. The RV looks beautiful. There is a lot of under compartment storage which is a plus for our line of business (we are flea market pickers). We also use the drop down bed to store things and keep the living spaces tidy. Love those things. Functionality and Quality are an F. I would not recommend buying one of these. For the money I spent I expected much more. The design and layout are not very functional. For example, overhead controls are above the steps. I have to use a step stool and flashlight to make any changes. The manual provided by Fleetwood is poor and in some cases incorrect. The biggest issue is the steps. We have a major safety concern and have had the rig in twice for service for this issue. We are currently on an extended trip now and the steps came out twice while driving down the interstate at 63 mph. Major safety concern--right? So our solution now is to bungee cord the screen door to the handle bar adjacent to the steps. Something appears wrong with the slide-out for living room. Floor is getting deep scratches now from slide out being opened. We have had issues with the auto leveler working correctly on some pretty level surfaces. The generator takes multiple attempts to start, the tank level indicators are inaccurate, and the oven is extremely hard to light (we have not been able to use it yet). The convection oven (brand High Pointe) takes longer to cook than a normal oven and usually convection is less time. I will summarize by saying that the aesthetics are beautiful. The workmanship and design are extremely poor. There are many of the interior finishes that were done in a poor, sloppy and "I don't care" approach. It is a shame. We are using this RV to travel across the country and not just go on a few weekend camping trips. This fell well short of my expectations given the price point. I would not recommend purchasing a Fleetwood.
- Tracy Welker, Missouri

2019-07-22 2001 Fleetwood Tioga 31W View Listings

Bought it used 2 years ago. It is an excellent RV. Drives very well. Has tons of underbelly storage. The slide out creates a ton of extra space but it’s still livable when not pulled out. Highly recommend this RV
- Bill Pascall, Ontario

2019-07-21 2014 Fleetwood Storm 32V View Listings

Love the floor plan, the bathroom and shower could be a little bigger. The dash shakes like hell on anything less than a smooth road. Not sure what to do about it. Factory quality of control needs improving as I have noticed places where they failed to staple walls down completely and in one place they only put 7 screws where two dash parts meet and they were 14 screw holes, yes they only went every other one.
- Phil Uhles, California

2019-07-17 2007 Fleetwood Terry Quantum AX6 385FKQ5 View Listings

These 5th wheels tow great and have 10' ceilings! Great for weekend or full time living. The camper is roomy and has large closets, many storage areas and a HUGE kitchen. You won't have any problem finding storage areas for all your stuff.
- Dave Bear, North Carolina

2019-07-17 2010 Fleetwood Encounter 28MS View Listings

We have just ….finally traded in our Fleetwood after 9 years of some of the worst quality issues you could ever imagine. DO NOT BUY A FLEETWOOD product or you will regret it and RVing forever. Every single latch, door knob, window covering, stair system, both holding tanks and list goes on and on. We were very lucky to get out of our Fleetwood with a $20k loss after nine years and about $2000 in repairs each year. Normally, we do not write anything like this...but something else.... these people do not know the word quality craftmanship.....Try Forest River or Tiffin...…..or good luck.
- Tom Rudolph, California

2019-07-16 2018 Fleetwood Discovery LXE 44H View Listings

Dealing with Fleeteood is ridiculous for warranty. They have told me to drive 2,000 miles to their factory service center. I have about 25 items on a new coach. Unfortunately they do everything they can to not service the coach. I had a Monoco before and they were so nice to work with. This coach is a lemon and I need to get the word out!! Don’t buy!!
- Steve Zeigler, Tennessee

2019-07-09 2016 Fleetwood Pace Arrow LXE 38K View Listings

We received our Pace Arrow LXE on Dec. 23rd. To date it’s been a nightmare. I have a list of 58 individual warranty claims.Ive yet to be able to take a trip of any time. If you are considering a Fleetwood LXE don’t purchase something else.
- Anthony Hinds , California

2019-07-07 2017 Fleetwood Discovery 39F View Listings

Bought my unit new in 2017, after 13-14 months I noticed the paint was peeling and the metal was rusting in the basement compartment doors, I called Fleetwood, since it was over 12 months they would not do any thing to help me. Pretty bad paint job on a pretty expensive ride.
- Michael A. Bush, Ohio

2019-07-07 2011 Fleetwood Providence 42P View Listings

Wonderful living coach. Great layout. Easy to drive and park. Pulls a toad without any problems. 4 Sony tvs plus sat, cable and tv hookups. Surround sound entertainment. Navigation, Sirius, cameras and much more. Full size frig, convection microwave and full size washer dryer. Built in vacuum make cleanup a breeze. Spartan Liberty frame make the ride smooth and easy. 450 hp Cummins gives you the power for any condition. 44 feet overall.
- Donald May, Tennessee

2019-07-06 2007 Fleetwood Pioneer 27RKS View Listings

This is a great starter RV. The design and space is wonderfully utilized. The product is made to last and had endured 12 years of on and off use well. We certainly did use this information to purchase another Forest River Product.
- Michael White, North Carolina