Fleetwood Reviews on RV Insider (569)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Fleetwood RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Shane from Utah says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2015 Fleetwood Discovery 37R View Listings

HORRIBLE! DONT BUY ONE. I bought a brand new 37r from my local dealer. From day one I have had nothing but problems with it. Sure it had some little quirks with it like every Motorhome will. I know you are rolling down the road shaking the pieces out of these things, but this went way deeper than that. We had a smell coming inside the coach that smelled like engine burning, or exhaust or something from the engine compartment. When we drove it, it would give us bad headaches and make us a little nauseous. I took it in to the dealer and they could not find anything. I took another trip and same things happened. So back to the dealer. ( mind you it has now been in the shop about 15 times) they found about 30 cracks, holes, areas where the wood was not tight or where things did not align up properly so they foamed it all with expanding spray foam. They went overboard. I removed the wood cover over my water heater. All the water lines were now encased in foam. Half of my water heater was covered in foam. That's what the manufacture told the dealer to do. Guess what, it did not solve the problem. Back and forth to the dealer countless times. Finally fleetwood said we will bring it back to the manufacture and work on it. So they did. Put another 3000 miles on the coach and spent three weeks back there. I now have 11,000 miles on the coach and have only taken 5 trips in it. They said they tore out the whole master bedroom and replaced the floor. They drove it back out to me and said it was all fixed.... (Wrong). Still did the very same thing. I was pissed. Let me point out at this point, this is just one items I have been dealing with. There are countless other things going wrong with the coach simultaneously. Just to name a few. First trip out it started raining, the wipers would not work. But when it quit raining they would work again. I finally fiqured out that water from the road was coming up over the wheel well and into the electrical panel compartment behind the wheel well and shorting out the wipers. Many hours later and countless tubes of caulking that one was fixed. I had door frames falling apart from the ceiling so doors would not close, I had no heat out of the front dashboard. I had no heat in the master bedroom or bathroom (found out they smashed the duct work when installed. ) I had outlets pulling out of the walls. I had very low hot water pressure and they could not tell me why. They just said that is normal. (So normal I could not shower because the water would just trickle down the shower faucet, right. ) Again after many trips and many hours they found it had a bad water mixing valve. (Can you say LEMON). Oh no don't say it yet. It gets worse...... On top of about 20 other things going wrong with the inside of the coach. I decide to go to Vegas. I get two hours down the road, the whole time I could smell a very strong smell and it continued getting worse. I finally considered turning around because my wife was now on the couch sick as a dog, massive headache and I myself was nauseous and also had a headache when I had someone signal to me to pull over. When I did I went outside to the engine compartment and I had diesel fuel pouring out on the ground and had been spraying my tow vehicle for the last two hours. Everything was covered. I called the manufacture and they told me to tow it to the nearest dealer and have it fixed. End of vacation again. It spent yet another week in the shop to find out that the fuel injector on cylinder number 1 had broken off. And of coarse it was a recalled part but they don't feel it is important to warn people about it. They will just fix it as they break. Amazing... Anyway. Back to the next and final trip in this Motorhome for me. I went up to see our daughter in Another state, and spent the first night there and on the second night at 1:30 am the carbon monoxide detector goes off. It scares the living crap out of me. I get up and feel sick and a little dizzy. I open up the windows and door to air it out. Finally after about ten minutes the alarm quits chirping. I was so mad at this point I knew I was done. The next day I went in to a dealership where I was at and found a new coach that I really liked. It is a tiffin 40 qbh. Have heard nothing but fabulous things about the quality of tiffin and the support you get. I traded in my old Fleetwood and drove home in the new coach. What a difference to finally be in a unit that is quality built. I would like you to note that all through this process I was in contact with the manufacture and not once did they say, hey I am real sorry, I think you might of got a lemon, let's replace it with another coach. Not once did they offer to help out with expenses incurred from all the mishaps. I spent 200,000 on the coach and have made payments of 2000.00 a month for a year now. That's 24,000 dollars plus the loss of the trade in because fleetwood would drag their feet and not do anything for me I lost another 40,000 in the trade. So I have lost over 64,000 dollars on a coach I have not been able to take out once without some major problems that ruined each trip. I finally called fleetwood and told them that I traded in the old 37r and bought a different brand and they seemed to care less. I know I am just one person to many millions of buyers for them. And I am sure they are happy to have me gone. But with the use of media like it is today. My one review will hopefully affect thousands as they consider what to buy when it comes to a new rv. Fleetwood should be excluded from your list. There is no customer service!!! I fully expected fleetwood to stand up for what they sell, I had a very bad unit, I expected fleetwood to buy it back from me and let me chose another coach. At the time I would have been happy to just swap it out with another new coach. But they chose not to go that route. Instead they would just keep blowing me off until I would go away. Well they got part of it right. I went away but I am not gone. I will forever more tell people at every rally I go to and every person I see and talk to about rv's the experiences that I had with fleetwood. I am not a vindictive person but if that is the way they are going to treat their customers then I want people to know about it. It's never to late to make this right Fleetwood........just saying P.s. I keep thinking of things that were wrong with the unit. There were so many things that I start to forget them over time...I wished I could add pictures to this review. Pictures are worth a thousand words and they would speak volumes for this coach. Some of each of these things contributed to a ruined vacation every single time we went out. And mind you at a cost of many thousands of dollars with time off work, time in shops getting things fixed, non refundable helicopter trips to the bottom of the Grand Canyon that you missed because your Motorhome is sitting on the side of the freeway broken down again....it's not worth it. No hot water could not shower whole trip (several trips. Kept saying it was fixed when it was not) Water mixing valve inop Outlets falling out of place No heat on dashboard Water into electrical panel compartment Electric cord reel broken. Would not stop winding up. Front rock guard peeling off Fuel injector broken off ( engine about to catch fire) Wipers not working Outside compartment doors flying open during travel on freeway (scary) Kinked power steering hose ( from the manufacture) Squeaky brakes since ownership Delaminated windshield Faulty water heater fuel valve Leaky pipes at water heater Smell from engine compartment Cracks, holes, openings for smell to come through Sun bleached led lighting on front of coach Smokey generator Air leak in man door and one window (air whistling while driving) Steering wheel cover latch broken Microwave squeaking so loud. Had fixed at factory. Came back worse No heat into bedroom and bathroom (smashed duct work ) No heat under dash on drivers side Bathroom window seal came apart. Would not seal. Forgot to fix at factory I know there are more things I just can not remember them at this moment. Do yourself a favor and take it from someone who has learned the hard way. Don't do it. Save yourself the pain and agony and your hard earned dollars and do some research. You will come up with a better solution. My question is why do companies act this way.....it used to be because they can.. But not anymore. I have seen social media close companies down. That's not my intent here but I would like to see something done. And if word continues to spread it will reach the majority of the Masses and things will change for the better or they will have to close down. Had that carbon monoxide detector not gone off. I would not be here writing this letter to you. I would be dead and not one thing would change.
- Shane, Utah

2020-03-19 2004 Fleetwood Flair 33R View Listings

I fell totally in love with the RV the first time I saw it and knew it was the RV for us. Once my Hubby saw it, he agreed wholeheartedly. She starts first time, every time. It is really awesome condition for it's age. We lived it it for 2 months straight and really enjoyed our time thoroughly. We absolutely love this RV, but because of medical issues (two bad arms and shoulders), I can not longer drive it. My hubby is not much of a driver, so he can not, either. There are no mechanical issues, only a couple of minor cosmetic ones, mentioned in the description, other than that she is wonderful!!
- Steven & Patricia Kintner, North Carolina

2020-03-10 2019 Fleetwood Discovery 38N View Listings

Just picked one up, little used 12K on it. The caftmanship is top of the line for the price. The floor layout in the N is perfect for grand parents with Grandkids. Bunks are out of the way and easy to cover up. The power, and technicals are 1st class... I added my own Cradlepoint LTE/WIFI box so I can manage this remotely. I would recommend this coach for intermediate RV'ers and also the pro's. I am going to replace the TV in the kitchen for a 50" because I love a BIG TV. Enjoy!!!!
- Marty, Florida

2020-03-09 2020 Fleetwood Bounder 33C View Listings

Traded our 2016 Fleetwood Bounder 33C because we loved the layout and had many great trips for a new 2020 Fleetwood Bounder 33C. Unfortunately, shortly after we brought it home, got some medical news that will prevent us from continuing our use. Has been in inside storage ever since December 1, 2019. Warranty effective 11/5/19. Believe my price is at or below dealer cost.
- Joe Crandall, Pennsylvania

2020-03-06 2000 Fleetwood Tioga Arrow 29V View Listings

Drives really good, we have towed a vehicle in the past. Handles good, easy to set up for the night or longer. The floor plan is great because of the split bath & privacy door between bedroom and kitchen area.
- Randall Mason, Georgia

2020-03-04 2008 Fleetwood Revolution LE 42K View Listings

This is a great RV for long term touring or weekend escapes plenty of space and extremely comfortable . It’s towing ability is unsurpassed and with plenty of power it is a pleasure to drive for many miles at a time. The bath and 1/2 is a real treat and should be the standard in all large coaches.
- Gary Eickmann, Oregon

2020-03-03 2006 Fleetwood Providence 39S View Listings

GREAT Motorhome. We traveled thru out the U.S. the last 15 months in ours and had absolutely zero problems. Towing our Jeep Wrangler you’d never know it’s behind you. Smooth easy ride and a pleasure to drive.
- Richard , California

2020-02-18 2015 Fleetwood Storm 30L View Listings

This being a little shorter the 30 foot motorhome drives nice usually can get it in my parking spot in one try I have a car dolly with it put a Toyota matrix on you don’t even know it’s there I watch the car in the camera. nice living area plenty of good storage inside and out .we’ve done all of our cooking outside never even use the stove We don’t really want to sell it but we just bought a house on a lake
- Keith boisvert, Massachusetts

2020-02-12 2006 Fleetwood Pioneer 3102B View Listings

Easy to be in, easy to use. Durable. Holds up after decades of use! All appliances still like new. No repairs ever needed (yet!) Material holding up excellently, no wear and tear seen.
- sandra underhill, California

2020-02-12 2006 Fleetwood Gearbox 385FS2G View Listings

Loved it , worked great for camping at campgrounds or dry camping in the woods. Garage works great as separate living space for guests. Tows great cant even tell it back there( unless your going up hill lol) .
- Clint west, Washington

2020-02-05 2016 Fleetwood Bounder 35K View Listings

We bought ours new and have owned other RV, so we fully expected some issues. This is natural, you have a moving house on wheels, you are going to have some. However one issue we did have was with the Living room Awning. When retracting the room one time, the I heard a loud "Crack" and a bag, I went outside to look and the awning did nit roll up properly and Broke the mount. When it was replaced it was replaced with a better one completely and I noticed a brace in the middle that wasn't on the original. The Rig otherwise had the PERFECT floorplan for us and everything else works fine. People need to expect a few problems hear and there. Th furniture looked nice, but only after a year it all started to peel. It was like a pleather. I did get replacement material from the manufacturer of the furniture, but I will have to have them reupholstered, because it was after the warranty period. One thing that was very difficult, was trying to get one place to have the services done on it. I had to find a Ford Heavy Truck dealer to do the Drivetrain stuff, and An RV Dealer to do the rest of the services. Gander RV in Dothan ENterprise, won't do Ford services. Also, The sway was really bad as far as rocking on uneven roads. The driver doesn't feel it so much but the passengers do!
- Dennis Vaughn, Alabama

2020-02-04 2012 Fleetwood Discovery 40G View Listings

This RV will be missed. Nothing better than spending Quality time with your own family. Bunk beds, 3 cooling zones, 4 TVs along with 3 separate entrances to the restroom. This rv is perfect for a family of up to 8 with room to throw an additional air mattress on the floor totaling 10 people. I am going to miss it but its something we dont use as much now the kids are grown. If I could do it over again I never would have purchased the gas model and would have purchased this diesel right off the bat. You can NOT even compare the 2.
- Joe Fawaz , Michigan

2020-02-01 2005 Fleetwood Bounder Classic 34M View Listings

I was looking for and purchased this RV two years ago and have been traveling around the country. If you can find one under $60K, take note. Nothing but regular maintenance has been required. Truly a sturdy, well built, solid and reliable RV. It is very comfortable and spacious, but for me the reliability has been the key to my satisfaction. I have met others with newer units that have all sorts of issues. This is like the Toyota 4-Runner. Not the Mercedez and not the Ford. Comfortable, reliable, trustworthy. If you are looking at one and it is in your price range, go for it. You will not be disappointed.
- Robert Alexander, Arkansas

2020-01-26 2019 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 33D View Listings

This RV drives well, that is it’s best feature. We have had issues with water, leaks, slide facing breaking, air conditioning that thrashes on and off, the electrical control panel, holes in the floor and on and on. The dealer keeps telling us they will fix the problems. They have managed to fix a few but many are still waiting resolution.
- Catherine Jacobs, Florida

2020-01-23 2017 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 35E View Listings

Stay away from Fleetwood products! Junk always some issue Go to factory tour and see no quality control wish we had gone on one before we bought it! Bad designs which you don’t realize until you start living in one
- Pam and Dale Hendrickson , Indiana

2020-01-21 2008 Fleetwood Discovery 40X View Listings

This Motorhome is awesome in most every way. Quality of finishes, comfort of seating, square footage available, floor plan, room in the bathroom for bigger people. Storage everywhere, Semi's don't bother you when traveling down the road.
- kenneth gourley, Texas

2020-01-17 2006 Fleetwood Bounder Diesel 38S View Listings

No experience with this Rv just looking how solid is this unit has high mileage is this a one owner who make this Rv unity is is battery in unit is old is this three slides out do you take trade in tell me how loan work
- Wayne Perkins , Alabama

2020-01-13 2004 Fleetwood Southwind 32VS View Listings

Love our motor home. Belonged to a camping club, we used our RV every month. Long vacations to several states and to Mexico every April. Easy to park and set up. Reason for selling, wife passed away.
- Jim McMurray, California

2020-01-10 2003 Fleetwood Southwind 36E View Listings

I bought this RV from the original owner which made me the second owner. To me, this is the best floor plan Fleetwood has ever made on a RV with just 2 slides. The bedroom slide, is the whole bedroom, not just the bed like so many of them are. You don't feel like you are crawling up in a hole when you are going to bed. It has what I think is the largest shower in a gas RV under 38 feet long. The V10 engine has plenty of power. The 4 door refrigerator/freezer has more than enough room. This Southwind was the top of the line in the gas RVs from Fleetwood in 2003. The interior colors are very pleasing unlike some of the gaudy color interiors that they came out with.
- Mark Harrison, Georgia

2020-01-09 2013 Fleetwood Southwind 32V View Listings

This is my first RV. Never had even been in one before. Have had to consult others on some pretty basic questions, as the manuals don't seem to be written for a complete newbie. Things are getting better, as the blanks are being filled in.
- Franklin R Brown, Florida

2020-01-07 2007 Fleetwood Bounder 35E View Listings

This is a remarkable Coach. It's fully loaded with everything! We love taking trips in it. Last trip was to Tennessee. Feels great having a wonderfully comfortable Coach to stay in. I mean sure everyone says you can stay in their house with them. We say "no thank you", we're very comfortable in our home away from home. It's like taking our home with us. The private bedroom and full bathroom are big. The shower is huge. Better yet, no one has to go into Master Bathroom from the rest of the Coach. There is a commode and sink closed off next to main living area. The dinette comfortably seats 4. the dinette pulls out and can sleep 2. The couch pulls out into a bed that also sleeps 2. All in all we love travelling in it!
- J. W. Matheson, California

2020-01-02 2019 Fleetwood Flair 28A View Listings

So I bought my Fleetwood brand new 2019 it had 1000 miles on it I was only owner. So I don’t know if this has anything to do with the Fleetwood RV manufacturer but the Ford 450 that it sitting on has gave me issues straight out from leaving the dealer first of all the windshield wiper motor completely went out so I had to come back turn it in to two weeks to fix went back to get it which is 200 miles away and then drove off the lot it rained again And then they blew again. A few months went by another rain storm and then it blew again now the dealer is giving me a hard time and I’ll get it fixed and this could be a dangerous situation if anybody out there has had that same issue please let me know. Thank you
- Terry Killebrew, Florida

2019-12-19 2000 Fleetwood American Eagle 40EVS View Listings

We purchased this RV a year ago from a 2nd owner that never really used it. It sat in a garage for years so the paint is like new. Everything inside is in great shape ie: Refrigerator, stove, washer/dryer, leather couches, ice maker. We are now moving to Texas and have no place to store it so we want someone else to enjoy it. We have purchased extras for it like a new AM/FM stereo and the coach has Bose speakers...new $1000 curtains...flat screen for bedroom...water softener. It tracks very well while driving and towing is hardly noticeable. This coach was $300,000. new so it is made very well and has light wood cabinets with corian counters. We will be adding more pictures of the inside this week. Please let us know what questions you have.
- William Dage, California

2019-12-11 2005 Fleetwood Bounder Diesel 38N View Listings

2005 diesel bounder great floor model 38N good power on 300 Cat turbo. Handles great over the road solid cabinets and flooring .good tech support with fleetwood No major problems since we purchased it.
- Charles, Florida

2019-12-10 2005 Fleetwood Terry Quantum AX6 395RL5S View Listings

We bought this same trailer last year we love it! We work off and we spend more time in it then we do in our home quality has been great especially for the age there’s plenty of room and storage I would highly recommend this RV
- Jeff, Oklahoma