Fleetwood Reviews on RV Insider (653)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Fleetwood RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Shane from Utah says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2015 Fleetwood Discovery 37R View Listings

HORRIBLE! DONT BUY ONE. I bought a brand new 37r from my local dealer. From day one I have had nothing but problems with it. Sure it had some little quirks with it like every Motorhome will. I know you are rolling down the road shaking the pieces out of these things, but this went way deeper than that. We had a smell coming inside the coach that smelled like engine burning, or exhaust or something from the engine compartment. When we drove it, it would give us bad headaches and make us a little nauseous. I took it in to the dealer and they could not find anything. I took another trip and same things happened. So back to the dealer. ( mind you it has now been in the shop about 15 times) they found about 30 cracks, holes, areas where the wood was not tight or where things did not align up properly so they foamed it all with expanding spray foam. They went overboard. I removed the wood cover over my water heater. All the water lines were now encased in foam. Half of my water heater was covered in foam. That's what the manufacture told the dealer to do. Guess what, it did not solve the problem. Back and forth to the dealer countless times. Finally fleetwood said we will bring it back to the manufacture and work on it. So they did. Put another 3000 miles on the coach and spent three weeks back there. I now have 11,000 miles on the coach and have only taken 5 trips in it. They said they tore out the whole master bedroom and replaced the floor. They drove it back out to me and said it was all fixed.... (Wrong). Still did the very same thing. I was pissed. Let me point out at this point, this is just one items I have been dealing with. There are countless other things going wrong with the coach simultaneously. Just to name a few. First trip out it started raining, the wipers would not work. But when it quit raining they would work again. I finally fiqured out that water from the road was coming up over the wheel well and into the electrical panel compartment behind the wheel well and shorting out the wipers. Many hours later and countless tubes of caulking that one was fixed. I had door frames falling apart from the ceiling so doors would not close, I had no heat out of the front dashboard. I had no heat in the master bedroom or bathroom (found out they smashed the duct work when installed. ) I had outlets pulling out of the walls. I had very low hot water pressure and they could not tell me why. They just said that is normal. (So normal I could not shower because the water would just trickle down the shower faucet, right. ) Again after many trips and many hours they found it had a bad water mixing valve. (Can you say LEMON). Oh no don't say it yet. It gets worse...... On top of about 20 other things going wrong with the inside of the coach. I decide to go to Vegas. I get two hours down the road, the whole time I could smell a very strong smell and it continued getting worse. I finally considered turning around because my wife was now on the couch sick as a dog, massive headache and I myself was nauseous and also had a headache when I had someone signal to me to pull over. When I did I went outside to the engine compartment and I had diesel fuel pouring out on the ground and had been spraying my tow vehicle for the last two hours. Everything was covered. I called the manufacture and they told me to tow it to the nearest dealer and have it fixed. End of vacation again. It spent yet another week in the shop to find out that the fuel injector on cylinder number 1 had broken off. And of coarse it was a recalled part but they don't feel it is important to warn people about it. They will just fix it as they break. Amazing... Anyway. Back to the next and final trip in this Motorhome for me. I went up to see our daughter in Another state, and spent the first night there and on the second night at 1:30 am the carbon monoxide detector goes off. It scares the living crap out of me. I get up and feel sick and a little dizzy. I open up the windows and door to air it out. Finally after about ten minutes the alarm quits chirping. I was so mad at this point I knew I was done. The next day I went in to a dealership where I was at and found a new coach that I really liked. It is a tiffin 40 qbh. Have heard nothing but fabulous things about the quality of tiffin and the support you get. I traded in my old Fleetwood and drove home in the new coach. What a difference to finally be in a unit that is quality built. I would like you to note that all through this process I was in contact with the manufacture and not once did they say, hey I am real sorry, I think you might of got a lemon, let's replace it with another coach. Not once did they offer to help out with expenses incurred from all the mishaps. I spent 200,000 on the coach and have made payments of 2000.00 a month for a year now. That's 24,000 dollars plus the loss of the trade in because fleetwood would drag their feet and not do anything for me I lost another 40,000 in the trade. So I have lost over 64,000 dollars on a coach I have not been able to take out once without some major problems that ruined each trip. I finally called fleetwood and told them that I traded in the old 37r and bought a different brand and they seemed to care less. I know I am just one person to many millions of buyers for them. And I am sure they are happy to have me gone. But with the use of media like it is today. My one review will hopefully affect thousands as they consider what to buy when it comes to a new rv. Fleetwood should be excluded from your list. There is no customer service!!! I fully expected fleetwood to stand up for what they sell, I had a very bad unit, I expected fleetwood to buy it back from me and let me chose another coach. At the time I would have been happy to just swap it out with another new coach. But they chose not to go that route. Instead they would just keep blowing me off until I would go away. Well they got part of it right. I went away but I am not gone. I will forever more tell people at every rally I go to and every person I see and talk to about rv's the experiences that I had with fleetwood. I am not a vindictive person but if that is the way they are going to treat their customers then I want people to know about it. It's never to late to make this right Fleetwood........just saying P.s. I keep thinking of things that were wrong with the unit. There were so many things that I start to forget them over time...I wished I could add pictures to this review. Pictures are worth a thousand words and they would speak volumes for this coach. Some of each of these things contributed to a ruined vacation every single time we went out. And mind you at a cost of many thousands of dollars with time off work, time in shops getting things fixed, non refundable helicopter trips to the bottom of the Grand Canyon that you missed because your Motorhome is sitting on the side of the freeway broken down again....it's not worth it. No hot water could not shower whole trip (several trips. Kept saying it was fixed when it was not) Water mixing valve inop Outlets falling out of place No heat on dashboard Water into electrical panel compartment Electric cord reel broken. Would not stop winding up. Front rock guard peeling off Fuel injector broken off ( engine about to catch fire) Wipers not working Outside compartment doors flying open during travel on freeway (scary) Kinked power steering hose ( from the manufacture) Squeaky brakes since ownership Delaminated windshield Faulty water heater fuel valve Leaky pipes at water heater Smell from engine compartment Cracks, holes, openings for smell to come through Sun bleached led lighting on front of coach Smokey generator Air leak in man door and one window (air whistling while driving) Steering wheel cover latch broken Microwave squeaking so loud. Had fixed at factory. Came back worse No heat into bedroom and bathroom (smashed duct work ) No heat under dash on drivers side Bathroom window seal came apart. Would not seal. Forgot to fix at factory I know there are more things I just can not remember them at this moment. Do yourself a favor and take it from someone who has learned the hard way. Don't do it. Save yourself the pain and agony and your hard earned dollars and do some research. You will come up with a better solution. My question is why do companies act this way.....it used to be because they can.. But not anymore. I have seen social media close companies down. That's not my intent here but I would like to see something done. And if word continues to spread it will reach the majority of the Masses and things will change for the better or they will have to close down. Had that carbon monoxide detector not gone off. I would not be here writing this letter to you. I would be dead and not one thing would change.
- Shane, Utah

2021-02-24 2019 Fleetwood Jamboree 30F View Listings

Love the layout, but issues with quality and workmanship. due to screws randomly falling out by the slide. One tore the floor so the entire flooring had to be replaced, got it fixed and covered under manufacture warranty after 6 weeks of back and forth to do so, but then don't you know it- after we took it out a couple more times, another screw fell out. We bought it brand new, but if it's not dependable and in the shop it does not make me a happy customer
- traveler, Florida

2021-02-12 2017 Fleetwood Discovery 38K View Listings

Rear slide electric power to slide motor had to be rewired and now the 2 gears that open and close the bed, (not the slide) have stripped due to the weight of the bed.So now the slide doesn't close 100% I can't find any parts book to order gears and La Mesa our local dealer really sucks....
- davidpmorgan, Florida

2021-02-03 1999 Fleetwood Discovery 36T View Listings

Well built motorhome. Comfortable and spacious. Everything has worked very well and has had minimal problems throughout the years. The Cummins diesel has been good without having to really replace anything for 18 years and even at that time everything was working properly but having a belt and pulley break, it was time to replace all the items while the technician was in there. Small price to pay for that many years of use. I’d recommend a diesel pusher, it’s great on gas and we’ve gone 5 days running the generator and never skipped a beat with plenty of gas left when ready to leave. The propane tank lasts a very long time and we have never ran out. Definitely a durable motorhome.
- Steve, Michigan

2021-02-01 2016 Fleetwood Excursion 35B View Listings

This is our second Fleetwood and overall we have loved both. The lay out of the Excursion we now have is what sold us. It is so much more livable and home like and with all the upgrades and love we put into it makes it perfect. There are issues that Fleetwood needs to address, such as accessibility to the Generator being #1. Easy to maintain but if you need access to it,it is a major job. We paid dearly to put new mountings on the generator,all set to go for new owner.
- Kathy Chalaire, Florida

2021-01-24 2005 Fleetwood Bounder Classic 34M View Listings

We are selling this rv due to health problems. This is the best coach we had. Big ref with ice maker. Two air cond. Great heat system. Atwood leveling and has Bank Power .Mileage is 55731.1 great generator 3 slides makes big living area.Engine is a Ford.Must see has a lot and has own garage. In Deltona Fl
- Carol, Florida

2021-01-19 2001 Fleetwood Southwind 32V View Listings

I have owned my 32V Southwind since I bought in new in May 2001. Have 82,000 miles on it and raised my boys in it with my wife on travels all over the western US. Still going strong. Still looking and driving like new. Fantastic choice. Hope to get at least another 8 -10 years.
- Andy, Oregon

2021-01-10 2002 Fleetwood Southwind 35R View Listings

I love my RV, we bought it at an auction and have had nothing but good things to say. I have been very happy with the layout, dependability, features, and well made. We have thought of getting a newer model, but we feel so happy with what we have we are just revamping the inside with fresh carpet, paint, etc. It is sturdy and the very minimal issues with engine. Definitely don't make them like they used to, so we are sticking with out 2002 Southwind.
- Mina Trevis, California

2021-01-05 2008 Fleetwood Tioga 31M View Listings

Very dependable, layout is the best I’ve ever had. Large bathroom with two access points. Four separate sleeping areas. Kitchen layout is very well designed. Drives well, stable during towing. Heavy duty construction.
- Robert, California

2021-01-03 1994 Fleetwood Bounder 34J View Listings

Livable, drivable, durable. 100% recommend for minimalists. The bathroom could be bigger in my opinion but it’s definitely not that big of a deal for the price and quality. I think the floor plan is fair and it’s the perfect size.
- Mallory Moroney, Florida

2020-12-22 2000 Fleetwood Discovery 37G View Listings

This has been a great RV for beginners. Six years and thousands of miles have convinced us that RV life is for us. I bought a site in a RV park in Naples Florida last January and we stayed in it for 4 months. We decided we needed a larger RV and just bought one. That's why this one is for sale. With an older RV there will always be some problems that surface, but we always repaired or replaced the old parts. So much cheaper than monthly payments on a new one. I haven't even used the new taller toilet that we just had installed. New tires and new batteries mean this one is ready for the road!
- Duane, Indiana

2020-12-20 2005 Fleetwood Bounder 34F View Listings

The floor plan is great. It is spacious and easy to live in. There are many nice features that enhance livability. The closet and storage is adequate. There are many interior lights. The kitchen has everything you need to prepare meals. Good refrigerator. It drives well on the highway and is easy to set up.
- Ken, South Carolina

2020-12-17 2012 Fleetwood Jamboree Sport 28 View Listings

This RV is a money pit. At 23k miles the motor blew, at 22k miles the fuel module harness frayed and shut the engine while I was driving, at 21k miles the gas fill line hose cracked, at 18k miles the TV antenna handle broke off, at 23,800 miles the stairs and slide out stopped working (all batteries in the RV were replaced at 17k miles), the TV cable line to the TV doesn't work (I have to run the cable through the window to the TV)at 19k miles the fridge on/off lights panel stopped working. Ltd storage for cross country trips. The good: it drives fine and it's comfortable inside.
- Nancy, New York

2020-12-14 2015 Fleetwood Discovery 40E View Listings

Disappointed. The sofa was replaced in my motorhome from the original one. I asked if I could get the original one back, I even said that I would pay. Seems like I wasn't good enough for them to reply. I even called and was told that someone would call me back. No one hasn't. I can read between the lines. The horn doesn't work and it was a little over a 4th of fuel in tank when I had to drive back 3 hours 1 way. For spending over 160,000 Seems like it should had a full tank of fuel. Southern ways I guess or greed. Take care of customers. Without us there's no you.
- Ricky Davis, Georgia

2020-12-10 2020 Fleetwood Discovery LXE 40G View Listings

I love this coach I have had Zero problems. Everything is super easy to use and the livability is great. Hookup and setup super convenient. Easy to drive and quite and comfortable. Turning radius is great. The electronics in this coach are on point. Love the appliances and the washer and dryer working without having to re-run more then once. The build is solid and lot better then most other coaches I have seen.
- Jason Holland, Florida

2020-12-03 2017 Fleetwood Storm 32A View Listings

This unit was purchased NEW in 2017, this is when the problems started. The L-shaped couch dug into the tile, aside being VERY uncomfortable (it has since been replaced) the light in the pantry went out. Both of the slides stopped working, we had to have NEW GROUND wires put in. ($500.) one of the under coach unit leaks so that is not helpful for bringing items on a trip. The WORST is the fact that the seal around the windshield LEAKS big time and has been since 2018, so we had 1 (one) good year with out water getting in. since REV builds such a crappy motor home, now we have to pay out OVER $3700. to have it replaced. We have trying since 9/3/2020 and we are still waiting. Nothing is covered under the warranty. And getting hold of any one is impossible trust me I have tried. NO ONE ever returns a phone call or email.
- Mr , Wisconsin

2020-12-03 2015 Fleetwood Storm 28MS View Listings

This is my 4th motorhome and my 10th RV. This particular motorhome exceeded my expectations on ease of use and functionality. Being a single, female owner/driver, it was important that I secure a vehicle that was as automated as possible. The self leveling jacks, electric slide, and electric awning made setting up camp simple. I also love the amount of room inside the RV even when the slide is closed. That makes driving and traveling easy. I replaced all the lights with LED and I added solar panels to the roof of my RV. This allowed me to boondocks with plenty of spare battery power. I was a bit disappointed with the number of times I had to take my RV back for service the first year but the company did an outstanding job in all repairs and after the first year, I did not have any issues. This size makes handling and maneuvering easy and allows for easy access to all state campgrounds. This RV has been a true joy.
- Sue Coscia, California

2020-11-23 2016 Fleetwood Discovery 40E View Listings

Cosmetically it is gorgeous! Mechanically it is tip top! It is very comfortable whether overnight or for longer stays. Plenty of storage. We went on a 17 day road trip through Colorado and Wyoming in August 2020. It was so nice to have our home with us during these unsettling times! This coach would be ideal for full time RVers! Truly has all the comforts of home!
- Kenneth Diers, Texas

2020-10-27 2004 Fleetwood Prowler 240BH Extreme Edition View Listings

Bought this unit used in Alaska, the extreme arctic edition with extra insulation. It was great. Held up through the Fairbanks winters and did sterling service moving to Texas. The Alcan highway, Rockies, she took it like a champ. Since then a good extra place for guests until we recently sold it. She now does service as a weekend cabin near a lake south of Dallas. It is a great unit with a full bedroom, a good kitchen a full bath and extra bunks we normally used for the dog's beds (lower) and storage (upper). The seals held, it drove well, I recommend a hitch stabilizer though for rough roads and windy conditions. We lived in it for 4 months while searching for a new house, it was just fine. The only things I would have preferred would have been a slide out (I think added to later models) and a more sofa-like dinette. The classic hard back ones are uncomfortable over longer periods, say if you have to work while sitting there. Our buyer is a happy camper with a nice place to stay while fishing.
- Dr. Jon Dehn, Texas

2020-10-27 2019 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 33D View Listings

Been nothing but problems from day one. This RV is junk. Plus never buy from General RV. Their service is terrible. Our new RV has been at the dealership for three months and it is still not repaired.
- Neil Barnett, Florida

2020-10-26 2018 Fleetwood Pace Arrow LXE 38K View Listings

Wow, are we happy with this Diesel Motorhome. The Floorplan is perfect for long vacation stays. The fireplace warms us on cold mornings. The solid surfaces are beautiful. The bath and a half is perfect for my wife and I as well as guests. The shower is large with a great sit-out. The 4 tv's and wiring for Dish Network take care of entertainment. Auto awnings keep us from worrying when the wind picks up. The heat pump warms us. The inverter keeps the residential refrigerator on during drives. Outside storage bins are extremely large. This luxury coach drives like like a dream! So glad we purchased the 2018 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 38K.
- Mark, Florida

2020-10-23 2002 Fleetwood Discovery 37T View Listings

The Discovery 37T has the nicest layout of all coaches in this era. The long counter in the kitchen is what sold me. I like having the space. The Caterpillar 3126 pushes this coach very well, it is quiet and is a very comfortable ride thanks to the air ride suspension. On the highway it tracks straight and true -68 MPH seems to be the sweet spot for cruising although the engine has plenty of power to cruise at 75 or better, I just don't feel good above 70 in something this large. We tow a Ford Edge, I have towed an 8000# boat long distance several times with no issues other than a flat tire on the boat trailer that I did not feel for a long distance. Setting up at the campground is a breeze, it takes me less than 5 minutes to park, air down, power up, level the coach and extend the slides. A huge improvement over a 5th wheel (although a similar sized 5th wheel is much roomier). The fleetwood 37T is best suited for a couple. There is a jackknife sofa and a booth that converts to a bed, but its probably only good for kids or a one nighter. The sleeping Capacity is 6 - but 4 of em better be kids if that makes sense. Our Discovery has been from West Coast to East Coast, from Miami North to Tennessee - I have never had it north of the Mason Dixon line.
- Dean, Mississippi

2020-10-20 2020 Fleetwood Flair 29M View Listings

I bought my 2020 RV 6 months ago. I bought a problem. Poor quality. On my first trip the awning arm broke just because it rained a little and broke as if the RV part had been in use all my life, the quality of the products they use is very poor, it seems that I have an old and used RV , among many other manufacturing problems
- lucrecia Biosca, Florida

2020-10-18 2019 Fleetwood Bounder 35P View Listings

Love the layout, storage, residential refrigerator, size of the dinette, color scheme, size of the shower and washer and dryer. Dislike carry capacity, over all quality, uncomfortable furniture, lack of access to ice maker cut off valve, poorly written owners manual, drawer latches, toilet built for people over 6'3" tall and weights less than 150lbs, TPO roof, bedside tables are small, master control centers is over the door well making them hard to reach, difficult to read and not labeled well and really small black water tank. We have had a lot of warranty issues and difficulties getting parts from Fleetwood and reliable service from the dealership. I would not recommend purchasing a Fleetwood product based on the problems we have had.
- Larry Nicholson, Texas

2020-10-15 2000 Fleetwood Tioga SL 31W View Listings

It is a great RV until you need parts. Have had multiple issues with the SLIDE! First time my husband repaired with a new part and the second time, 1st person said to call Parts REV Group and their answer was sorry do not make that part anymore! Now they will not return your phone call.
- Faith, Maryland