Coachmen Reviews on RV Insider (541)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Coachmen RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Cathleen Savage from Colorado says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2012 Coachmen Freelander 21QB View Listings

The 2012 Freelander 21QB, actually 24' in length, is a great value for the money. It is a great option for two adults and up to two children. Although it technically sleeps six, that would be a bit crowded. In addition to the rear Queen bed, the dinette converts to a Full size bed (48" x 76"). The overcab bunk has a weight limit of 350 lbs. PROs: 1) The rear bed is 60" x 80", very spacious for an RV and so much more liveable than the "Short Queen" (60" x 76") that is so common in other models. An added bonus is that standard Queen-size sheets fit perfectly! 2) the fresh water holding tank is 50 gallons, lots bigger than most Class Cs and even some Class As. This means we stay out in remote areas longer without breaking camp. 3) The exterior "basement" storage is huge! Over 100 square feet! We can fit everything we need for a month-long trip in with no problem. Have not seen this much storage in other models. 4) It is very easy to drive and has a good turning radius. 5) The dinette is designed in a circular "lounge" style, which is great for watching TV and relaxing. See related Cons below. CONs: 1) The factory installed vents are cheap and flimsy. We immediately replaced ours with Fantastic Vents. 2) The window in the coach side entrance door (not the cab) is made of frosted glass, reducing driver visibility. We had ours replaced with clear safety glass and we added a shade for privacy when needed. 3) The table for the dinette is too big for the space. We took it out and just store it for when we might need to use it to convert the dinete into a bed. We use a large tv tray table for indoor dinners and we made our own insert to make the sofa more comfortable. 4) The wardrobe for hanging clothes has two rods that run from the exterior wall to the wardrobe door instead of a single rod running across the top of the wardrobe. A simple modification to make. I notice that Coachmen made this change to later models too. 5) Curved shower door on a track is irritating but functional. Coachmen changed this to a regular swinging door set on the diagonal in later models. Summary: with a few simple modifications, the 2012 Freelander 21QB is a great combination of compact size and desireable features! I would buy it again.
- Cathleen Savage, Colorado

2020-11-28 2018 Coachmen Freelander 31BH View Listings

Excellent condition. This rig is special. Made with AZDEL products. Has a GIRARD 2.0 tankless hit water system. No more fast showers. Hot water for the entire family. 3 televisions. Upgraded mattress. Ford V 10 450 chassis. LOW MILEAGE 19394. Upgraded mattress. No pets or smoking ever in this rig. She just had the engine oil changed, the generator oil changed, brakes and tires inspected, slides serviced. In perfect condition for its new owner. Perfect for full time living or traveling across the country. Perfect condition ready to go. She is a gem.
- Shannon Strickland, Arizona

2020-11-25 2021 Coachmen Chaparral 367BH View Listings

The ribbon trying the cables to the slide out was mounted on the frame in the wrong location. So it was just drilled directly into the wood of the slide out instead of the metal frame. It tore out. The wiring is labeled wrong. And they put all the rear outlets, every kitchen outlet, heated seats, and the electric fireplace all on one 15 amp circuit that is labeled 1st AC on the breaker. Of course that trips constantly. Staples coming out of the walls and floors everywhere. Trim fell off immediately. Cabinet doors with misaligned hardware. Pretty sure they sold us a lemon. This isn't some appliance Coachmen didn't make breaking, this is the build of the unit that is terrible. It tows good. Floor Plan is awesome but could use a tweak with the rear bathroom. Cable hookups in wet bay is a mistake.
- David, Washington

2020-11-24 2018 Coachmen Mirada 32SS View Listings

This unit has a great layout and is very roomy for only 35'. The outdoor kitchen and 40" tv with double awnings makes extra living space on those rainy days. It is easy to drive with the angled dash it makes seeing the road in front so much easier. The sideview camera's are above the wheels so you can see even the smallest of vehicles/motorcycles before changing lanes. It has loads of storage space inside as well as underneath with the 2 full pass thrus and extra large compartment on driver side.
- Jeanne Hulse, Virginia

2020-11-18 2007 Coachmen Sportcoach Pathfinder 373DS View Listings

For an entry into the 40ft diesel pusher world this RV has been excellent. Easy to drive. 2 slides are larger width than other similar models. Layout and sleeping for 4 adults and 1 child is convenient to set up. Reliable Cummins engine and Allison power train. 300Hp may seem low but coach is not real heavy at 26,900 lbs so gets 11 mpg towing at 62 mph. Rides well at 60-62mpg and rides up steep hills OK, kicking down to 5th gear and rarely to 4th gear. Attractive 4 color scheme gets some nice looks and easy to spot among common RV beige. We added a rugged spray-on front "linex" cover to prevent stone chips vs having that 3m plastic coating that fades and cracks after 5 years. Unit is very serviceable by Cummins and other more general RV service shops. All parts are readily available from OEM suppliers.
- Mr. Kim Etherington, Florida

2020-11-17 2019 Coachmen Leprechaun 27S View Listings

We bought our 2019 Coachmen Leprechaun new. We like the floor plan but we have hit our heads on the cupboard above the sink while doing dishes. The refrigerator is great but only 6 cu ft. The bathroom shower is small and the one cupboard in there is not so roomy. The queen bed is comfy but not much room to walk around and no storage underneath it. We have had absolutely no mechanic problems at all with it. 26S works ok for the two of us but looking for a little more space to move about.
- Lana, Minnesota

2020-11-13 2021 Coachmen Clipper 17FQ View Listings

Worst decision that I ever made by buying from General RV and Ocala a brand new 2021 clipper coachman and every single thing is wrong with that RV heater coils blow the power Stop working the refrigerator freezers in the refrigerator and has moisture in the freezer. Constantly calling to get repairs saying they don’t have the parts. I wish I never bought this piece of junk.
- Rodney Ragoobar, Florida

2020-11-11 2020 Coachmen Catalina Summit 261BHS View Listings

It’s a nice unit just lols like it was built in a hurry I had to fix a lot of small things like loose drain pipes tension on blinds roof has ripples on it manufacturer said that’s normal maybe for them but all my other campers had smooth roofs
- Al sowers, Michigan

2020-11-10 2017 Coachmen Freelander 20CB Ford Transit View Listings

This has been a great little motor home. We had a few factory issues at first, but the dealer fixed them quickly. I see in the small print that I can't mention the dealer, but they were in Troy, Ohio. This RV is the sports truck of RVs. It handles nice and has plenty of power for getting on the highway. When fully loaded, it does have a problem getting up long steep grades. I have a tendency to keep my foot in it, so my mileage has never made it above about 13 miles per gallon, and is usually in the 8-10 range (at 65-70 mph) My biggest issue with this unit is the 25 gallon gas tank. It can only go about 300 miles before you need to refill. This is fine until you get out west where the gas stations can be few and far between. The layout is very handy and works well for our style of traveling. We camp to travel, not travel to camp. We usually drive from spot to spot, site seeing along the way, and do very little long term camping. I was going to get the optional solar panel, but so far the batteries get charged up enough when driving. I have yet to see this model with the "optional swivel passenger seat". That would be a great addition and should be standard. I can't get the RV dealer or Ford to install an after market seat because of "liability issues". It was also about half the price of most other RVs that were similar in style and size. A deciding factor for us poor folks!
- Lee Brooks, Ohio

2020-11-09 2018 Coachmen Freedom Express Ultra Lite 246RKS View Listings

Have no problems with the RV. Did not give full marks for livability as it is not for full timing but vacations. Nothing wrong so did not call on Factory for support. I tow it with a 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee V6, no problems tows smoothly. We like rear kitchen as fridge is close to outside. We like the bedroom in rear for privacy. Plenty of storage. Great having the dining booth overlooking the campsite rather than the other side of the unit. Power awning, power tongue jack and power stab jacks great.
- George Betz, Kentucky

2020-11-08 2017 Coachmen Concord 300DS View Listings

Other than the shower being a bit small for us as we love camp cooking this has been a great rig! The 7th for us over the last 30 years. The kitchen counter space is amazing you have room to work. The large windows especially in the bedroom allows us to enjoy the views we go camping to enjoy. The ability to park level and side out without stepping outside in rain is such a plus. The paint rather than decals make it easy to maintain. This is the only rig we have had people at gas stations compliment us on the look of it and ask to see inside, at least 5 times! There is an outdoor TV as well as the 2 inside that we have never use but it is there if you enjoy that sort of thing. The Ford 450 has great power and by keeping it at 55 to 60 mph we get great mileage. Over all we have been very pleased and had no trips to the dealer for annoying little repairs.
- Sue, Arizona

2020-11-02 2020 Coachmen Mirada 32SS View Listings

We purchased our Coachmen Mirada 32ss a month a go we have driven it a total of 1000 miles. We have spent a total of 6 nights using all items in our coach. We have a demco tow dolly and have been very comtable driving at 65 miles per hour (even driving in snow covered roads. The fire place is a great extra on cool nights. The storage is more than needed for grills and items needed for going on the road for 5 days. The bose radio needs more information on using the blue tooth. The television work well in camp sites after we were able to use source and bring in channels at each site. We do have a problem with one heat pump that cools but does not heat. I winterized the coach which was very easy to do before we put it in storage for the winter. I would say for our first coach it has been a great experience. We are traveling to California from New Hampshire next February. Our thanks to Campers Inn in Merrimack NH for making it a great purchase and follow thru from sales to financing. E
- Kevin Cheever, New Hampshire

2020-11-01 2018 Coachmen Viking 16RB View Listings

What a nightmare the last 2 years have been. It all started with delivery to the wrong address with the wrong keys. Shoddy workmanship. Put together with spit and bubblegum. Every camping trip has been a problem. Water leaks, battery malfunction, non-working lights, moldings coming off, 27F weather and furnace not operating, air conditioner malfunction. Chat for furnace problem over 24 hours ago and still no further contact. I see apparently I am not the only one with problems from Meyers campers!! However, the payments keep rollin in!!
- Judi Baker, New York

2020-10-31 2018 Coachmen Viking 16RBD View Listings

Worst purchase ever! Always needs repair. Shoddy workmanship. Too many problems to list. Just check my computer work records!! Looks like my cross country road trip will never happen. I am throughly disappointed with this purchase. No amount of apologies make up for all my disappointments with this purchase!! Currently it’s 26F and furnace stopped working.
- Judi Baker, New York

2020-10-29 2011 Coachmen Prism 220 View Listings

I've owned this RV for almost a year and a half. It has been amazing. It drives great and is actually "fun" to drive. It has good handling for such a large vehicle. It fits the needs of my g/f and I perfectly. It's big, but not too big to take on smaller back roads. The rear Full Bed is comfortable. The bathroom shower allows me to stand up (I am 6'4"), which is huge. My unit had the overhead bunk converted into an entertainment center which really works well. I love the convection microwave as I can use it as an oven, grill, or microwave. The two sunlights and 3-vents add plenty of natural light to the already decent amount of windows. There is plenty of storage inside and out. This is my first RV and I am very happy with it. It has had the added benefit of being my mobile office when after several power outages due to mother nature thanks mainly due to the push button, built in Onan generator. If I sell, it will be to upgrade to something with a larger bed due to the height of myself and my girlfriend. Highly recommended RV!
- Rick, Pennsylvania

2020-10-28 2019 Coachmen Prism 24DS View Listings

We bought the motorhome from Gerzeny's RVs in Nokomis Florida. It has a Mercedes Benz splinter chassis. It was a new 2019 purchased in June of 2020. Outside it looks great and the floor plan is nice. The problem is that everything installed in the RV is the cheapest, most fragile, and poorly made materials. We have had everything from water leaks (multiple), large holes by the slideouts when extend, handles broken, hubcap falling off, and the furnace not working when in cold weather among many other small items breaking. There is no quality control. Any warranty repairs made must be approved by Forest River which they told us takes up to 3 days. Gerzenys just wants the sale and really are not helpful. Our unit sit on their lot for 1 year and they not only didn't wax it they didn't even wash it. They didn't even want us to test drive it. So do yourself a favor never buy from Forest River/Coachman and definitely never buy from Gerzenys.
- Larry Lyons, Florida

2020-10-26 2019 Coachmen Freedom Express 231RBDS View Listings

This is our first travel trailer, and we were towing novices at the beginning. We have put around 10k miles on it and at least 80 nights. We pull it with a Dodge Ram 1500 3.6L gas V6 engine with tow package, using a weight distribution hitch. It tows well. We especially love the large shower, plentiful storage inside, full sized queen bed with sliding doors to close it off, and that we can still access everything with the slide in. With the slide out, we have no trouble staying in it for weeks at a time; it is visually attractive with its light color scheme and spacious for the two of us. We stay plenty warm even in cold weather, and the AC worked fine in the limited times we used it in hot weather. We had no issues with it in the first year and therefore had no contact with customer support, so I can't rate that, but gave it a 5 since I am forced to rate that. Negatives: After a year my husband's side of the mattress is broken down; all the fabric shades will no longer lift up, and the padding on the dinette benches is no longer firm. All of these things can be remedied with replacements. Overall we are very happy with it and recommend it, especially for couples with a tall person.
- Robin T, California

2020-10-25 2019 Coachmen Freedom Express Select 28SE View Listings

We bought a brand new Freedom Express about 2 years ago. It is the biggest pile of junk. We've gone through 2 heaters, repaired the stove and oven, the plumbing leaks everywhere so we've replaced with Pex, the trim has all fallen off, the seats and cabinets are falling apart and the wood splits like straw when you try to repair, the shower leaks, the kitchen faucet leaks, the USB plugs work intermittently, the electrical outlets are loose in the walls, the outdoor sink has fallen apart, the stabilizer jacks are so chintzy, they're twisted and worthless, we've blown countless fuses because of the cheap wiring. Its value has plummeted and the warranty service from the dealer was terrible based on what they told us Coachmen would fix. I will never buy a Coachmen again. If I could give this negative stars, I would. Complete. Junk.
- Peter Hern, Arizona

2020-10-25 2013 Coachmen Leprechaun 319DS View Listings

Owned the 319DS for seven years; multiple road trips to state parks and visits to Flordia. Three things I LOVE about this motorhome; 1. It's CRAZY the amount of storage the unit has. The entire back of the coach was storage. There were 4 covers within the storage are that you could remove and have even more. Storage could be accessed from either side or back; 2. THis coach has LOTS of room to walk back and forth from the couch, dining area, kitchen, bedroom and bath EVEN WITH THE SLIDES IN! I've seen lots of coaches this size that donlt have have the walking room this one does; 3. Direct View TV that lowers into the cabinet for even more prep space in the kitchen. No swivel over the bunk, no crooning your head for hours to the left or right watching a movie, the unit is directly across from the couch. I could go on with other likes like the outdoor entertainment, the outdoor kitchen with sink and large prep area and fridge. Okay, now 3 dislikes(this was hard); 1. Shower. Its a radius type, but kind of in the bedroom. Wish it was redesigned to be more of a rectangular shape; 2. Toilet, though porcelin and doable, I wish the space it sits in was a little bigger; not a deal breaker but not a prime position for me personally :) and 3. Wish the televator for the television in the living area lower to a fluch position rather than just abopve. It creates kind of a counter rise which is okay, but flush would have been better. Again, I could go on about some of the "upgrades" that were standard on this coach like automatic leveling, a huge 21ft awning; 15KW AC unit with a heat pump to name a few, but suffice ti to say that it was everything I had hoped for and then some! it was perfect for us then and never had any major issues.
- Vern, Texas

2020-10-25 2013 Coachmen Leprechaun 319DS View Listings

We bought the coach new in 2013. We have driven about 10000 miles in it and one trip to Washington DC. It is comfortable, easy to manuever, tasteful and family friendly decor and layout. Plenty of sleeping room for 8. The fireplace is a wonderful touch for those chilly evenings. The outdoor kitchen is so handy for washing hands, preparing meals. The outdoor frig is wonderful. We will always have one from now on. The 20ft awning is great for sitting out even on rainy days to watch a movie on the outdoor TV. Love the outdoor shower when you come up from the lake swimming where you can rinse off. We have thouroughly enjoyed this coach. Would recommend for families, couples and new to RV. Many extras like the BIG foot leveling system levels the coach with just the touch of a button. Black water tank rinsers, freeze prevention tank warmers, plus much much more make this take easy to care for and full of luxury items that are only in upper end coaches.
- Vernon J. Etheridge, Texas

2020-10-21 2021 Coachmen Mirada 35OS View Listings

We purchased this in May, we love the floorplan. However, we have had multiple serious issues since we picked it up. The dash a/c was not connected at the factory. USB ports were wired wrong. The HDMI cable from media center to tv was crushed. The bedroom a/c died after 3 months. We realized today that one of the slide tracks is missing a spacer, so it isn't working properly. The critical issue that they have not been able to diagnose for 4 months is the solar panel overcharges the batteries when any other power source is added: shore, battery or engine. The dealer is doing what they can to troubleshoot, but no one at Coachmen/Forest River has a clue. Dealer replaced the solar control panel, but that did not help. We think it's a wiring issue. Unfortunately we're told their lead engineer is out with COVID. When on shore power, we cover the solar panel with towels. When driving we leave a load on the batteries by turning on a few lights. If and when we get everything fixed I'm sure we'll love it.
- Mary Penet, North Carolina

2020-10-19 2017 Coachmen Mirada Select 37SB View Listings

This is a great RV for the money. It has all the features and look of a diesel pusher but the economy of a V10 gas. Plenty of power in the hills gets around easy. the set up is super easy as well. within 5 minutes you are ready to relax and enjoy why you came!
- eric, Missouri

2020-10-18 2021 Coachmen Leprechaun 311FS View Listings

My first payment is due on one week and the unit is still at dealer for repairs... broken slides and water pipes leaks. Lots of scratched and small dents. We are very sad and disappointed but stuck with a 100k purchase. It looks nice inside otherwise. Also the folding bed is not even when slide goes out, you'll need to put something to level it out. Very dissatisfied.
- Rh, Maryland

2020-10-17 2020 Coachmen Apex Ultra-Lite 293RLDS View Listings

Absolutely love the floor plan! Recliners directly across from big screen tv and fireplace is perfect for relaxing. Kitchen area is nice with center island. Bathroom is adequate size for rv. Front bedroom is smaller then I would like. Difficult to move around the bed. Front window at head of bed is nice to look out at night and morning.
- Pat D, Minnesota

2020-10-11 2020 Coachmen Beyond 22D View Listings

RV had a vibration at higher speeds only 2 tires out of 6 had balance weights and was sent to a ford dealer for balancing, generator burned up beyond repair at 5 hours use and a new generator was installed, would of been helpful if a diagram was in closed to show where valves were for winterizing, all was repaired on time and no cost to me and i like it very much
- david long, New York