Coachmen Reviews on RV Insider (617)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Coachmen RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Cathleen Savage from Colorado says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2012 Coachmen Freelander 21QB View Listings

The 2012 Freelander 21QB, actually 24' in length, is a great value for the money. It is a great option for two adults and up to two children. Although it technically sleeps six, that would be a bit crowded. In addition to the rear Queen bed, the dinette converts to a Full size bed (48" x 76"). The overcab bunk has a weight limit of 350 lbs. PROs: 1) The rear bed is 60" x 80", very spacious for an RV and so much more liveable than the "Short Queen" (60" x 76") that is so common in other models. An added bonus is that standard Queen-size sheets fit perfectly! 2) the fresh water holding tank is 50 gallons, lots bigger than most Class Cs and even some Class As. This means we stay out in remote areas longer without breaking camp. 3) The exterior "basement" storage is huge! Over 100 square feet! We can fit everything we need for a month-long trip in with no problem. Have not seen this much storage in other models. 4) It is very easy to drive and has a good turning radius. 5) The dinette is designed in a circular "lounge" style, which is great for watching TV and relaxing. See related Cons below. CONs: 1) The factory installed vents are cheap and flimsy. We immediately replaced ours with Fantastic Vents. 2) The window in the coach side entrance door (not the cab) is made of frosted glass, reducing driver visibility. We had ours replaced with clear safety glass and we added a shade for privacy when needed. 3) The table for the dinette is too big for the space. We took it out and just store it for when we might need to use it to convert the dinete into a bed. We use a large tv tray table for indoor dinners and we made our own insert to make the sofa more comfortable. 4) The wardrobe for hanging clothes has two rods that run from the exterior wall to the wardrobe door instead of a single rod running across the top of the wardrobe. A simple modification to make. I notice that Coachmen made this change to later models too. 5) Curved shower door on a track is irritating but functional. Coachmen changed this to a regular swinging door set on the diagonal in later models. Summary: with a few simple modifications, the 2012 Freelander 21QB is a great combination of compact size and desireable features! I would buy it again.
- Cathleen Savage, Colorado

2021-06-14 2017 Coachmen Catalina Legacy 273DBS View Listings

We have had this trailer for 5 years now. Bought it brand new from an RV show and take it out about 3 times a year. We really like the floor plan for this trailer and the look of it but we are not to happy with the quality of the furniture inside the trailer. The padding on everything you sit or lay on is cheap and the fabric of the couch and dinette have already started coming apart. With only about 100 days of use total you would think thinks would have held together a bit better. Not sure we will purchase another from this manufacturer. As for as issues go for this rig we had an issue with the slide out and a broken pipe under the sink the first year but the manufacturer took care of the repairs without issue so I will give them credit for that. We are now deciding to either gut the dining room and living room and get new furniture or move on to a new rig. I definitely don’t feel like we got good value for our money with this trailer.
- Erica, California

2021-06-12 2019 Coachmen Apex Ultra Lite 287BHSS View Listings

Got an Apex ultra lite about a year and a half ago brand new. I haven’t had this many issues with a camper ever. Both vents broke off while driving (I saw others had this issue too). There already a leak inside the camper under the floor, I may have to cut a wall open to fix this. Where the awning attaches to the side, it leaks like crazy. I fixed that instead of taking for the warranty because it was more cost effective to just do it myself. The other problems happened right after the one year warranty expired. The camper all around looks nice, but the quality was a big disappointment since the sales guy was hyping up the overall construction of this.
- Jesse moyer, Pennsylvania

2021-06-11 2018 Coachmen Apex Nano 193BHS View Listings

Been great. Perfect for a young familiar of 4. Easy to live in! Warm in the winter and cool in the summer. Very reliable. Impressed with its comfort in winter. Nice size fridge and microwave. Stove also is great.
- Debbie, Pennsylvania

2021-06-11 2016 Coachmen Apex Ultra-Lite 235BHS View Listings

Bought brand new, before we used it , it rained and we had water inside( dealer repaired) We travel gravel roads these are not made for gravel!!!!! Fibreglass front extremely chipped ( I applied a box liner coating, hope it holds up!!!!!) As I said these are not made for gravel roads. The dust inside was terrible, I have video!!! Holes for plumbing not sealed I used a lot of foam spray( can’t take it in to dealer for everything, would never go camping!!!! Water pump dead line needs repair now!!!! I don’t recommend this company!!!!!
- Dan, Alberta

2021-06-09 2020 Coachmen Pursuit Precision 27XPS View Listings

Have had huge a/c problems. Replaced both rooftop units in first 6 months one of them twice. Still having trouble with both units. Have had other issues with door and drop down bed. Dealership and Coachman service response times are terrible. Good Luck if you buy an R.V. from this company.
- Lawrence L. Rhodes, Texas

2021-06-07 2018 Coachmen Sportscoach 360DL View Listings

I have been very pleased with the purchase of the Motorcoach. No issues. The Motorcoach drives nicely after owning a gas 34 foot. The Motorcoach is large inside, laid out nicely with the L shaped couch. A very nice Motorcoach.
- Kelly Camp, Tennessee

2021-06-03 2020 Coachmen Clipper Sport 106 View Listings

Picked up our new clipper sport 106 in april of 2020. Everytime i have used the water tank and pump inside it leaks somewhere. One of the levelers would not fold up the second time i used it. The door track that is mounted inside had stripped screws, which are special screws. Had to grind the heads on a couple of bigger ones to fit in the track. The door is too heavy for the pinchy track, the track is now bending. The cables that lift it up and down have stuck already. The step that folds down to get in and out lost the bolts after our first trip. They are specially made and it took forever to get them. Pauls RVS by Green Bay,WI was absolutely no help, that is where i bought it. I finally got hold of a woman named Tammy from the factory, the only person that has helped me.She send me the bolts so i could use the camper again. There have been other issues also. Too many to remember. I bought this to enjoy my recent retirement but keeping this camper up is a full time job. VERY POOR QUALITY. Jim W. Waukesha,WI
- jim wilcox, Wisconsin

2021-06-03 2018 Coachmen Viking 17BH View Listings

While not having a lot of issues other than the heater is hard to keep lit and fridge takes for ever to cool down it’s been a good unit for us easy setup and towing just wish the made all electric model for all appl
- David dennis, Florida

2021-06-02 2018 Coachmen Viking 21BH View Listings

As a camper owner,the window screws fall out,the carbon monoxide detector keeps going off,the bathtub drain leaks water onto the floor,the awning does not close properly because it moves in the tube,the hot water tank does not work,the side door by the bunk house needs a window shade because it faded the interior,all the silicone on the exterior is cracked, and all the materials you use inside the camper are the cheapest I've ever seen.I would not recommend a Viking camper to anyone,and I would not recommend Midland RV camper sales.
- Thomas Small, Michigan

2021-05-21 2019 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 333RETS View Listings

We have had this trailer since November 2019. We bought it new. Issues: water leaks (floor needed to be replaced because of water damage), converter/charger replaced, three Everchill refrigerators replaced, two slide out motors burned out due to faulty slide switch, power tongue lift needed to be replaced. We have not had a trip where there has not been a problem. The dealer has had possession of this trailer more than us due to these issues. The issues are not the dealer's fault. It's the factory (Forest River) that is to blame. The dealer's service department has bent over backwards to help us. We will look to another brand of RV next time we look to purchase. We had traded our 2015 Coachmen 333REDS because of too many water leaks (and also a floor replacement, also for $3,500.00). This 2019 is no more reliable than the 2015. How sad. We recommend looking to another brand to purchase.
- James Colletti, Florida

2021-05-20 2012 Coachmen Encounter 36BH View Listings

I have owned this unit since June 2016 and it has been remarkably trouble-free thus far. I tow a 22' boat (5000 lbs) extensively and it has handled that like a champ, I probably wouldn't want to drag that through the mountains, but on the relatively flat terrain in my area it has been great, even launching/retrieving goes smoothly with some pre-planning. Love the quality upgrade elements on this coach like Corian counters, porcelain tile throughout, and solid wood doors and cabinets. Mine was previously a rental so very high miles, but the Ford chassis has been bulletproof thus far. Great unit!
- Dave Marshall, Ontario

2021-05-20 2019 Coachmen Catalina 29QBCK View Listings

Purchased a new 2019 29'Catalina QBCK. Within the first year our seam on the front leading edge of the roof split while under warranty, and the manufacturer told us to get bent. Won't cover the repair
- Dave Rawlings, North Carolina

2021-05-18 2011 Coachmen Sportscoach 390TS View Listings

It has all the bells and whistles of the motorhomes 2X the price and quality built and design. It Sleeps 8 comfortably and great rig overall. I wish I purchased the navigation when I bought it and swapped out the carpet for all tiles, as a recommendation.
- Joseph, California

2021-05-16 2017 Coachmen Apex Ultra Lite 245BHS View Listings

Worst RV I have ever owned! Axle brace was not welded on. Trailer always felt like it was twisting. Burner on stove missing a piece so slides off and leaks propane. Propane hoses all cracked. Slide ripped floor due to axle brace not welded on. This trailer could have caused serious injury or death and warranty even the extended warranty not honoured. Stay away!!!
- Johanne, Manitoba

2021-05-15 2013 Coachmen Chaparral Lite 267RLS View Listings

Have been RV'ing for 27 years. This camper is the best one I have owned. Tows great. Just returned from Charleston, Sc, never had any problems with the camper. Where we live, the city is not allowing us to park where we would like. Don't want to sell but I don't want to park where rodents or other things could harm the camper.
- William Nash, Kansas

2021-05-12 2018 Coachmen Pursuit 29SSPF View Listings

Experience everything you need in a home on wheels! There is plenty of room for a family to travel anywhere and enjoy the comforts of your own home. Master bedroom,TV, full bathroom, full kitchen and living room, with a couch and 2 comfortable chairs and another TV. Enjoy the outside area with a big awning, kitchen, tv and grill! You will love to travel in style!! Come check out this beautiful RV!
- Pamela Weber, Wisconsin

2021-05-11 2020 Coachmen Mirada 35OS View Listings

Complete garbage. We were determined not to buy another Forest River product due to our past experience with our TT. But the 35OS has a perfect layout for our family. Keep in mind I had to pay $1,700 for a "pre delivery inspection". So they could catch and repair any issues before possession. Immediately had problems. We took it out 5 times. Each trip some major component failed. Tire delaminated (defect). Absolutely no support from FR roadside assistance. They sent a tow truck that couldn't to a thing with the RV. Heater failed to work. The first slide blew both motors and control module. Then the other slide, same thing on the next trip. The second slide rollers popped through the fiber glass and tore the laminate flooring. Called roadside assistance and was told "we can not locate a service tech in your area". Stuck at the camp ground parking lot. Finally after calling every option, 7 hours later, Lippert Ind talked me through hot wiring the slide motors with a drill battery and speaker wire. Found 26 exterior screws missing. Exterior trip was pulling away causing gaps. TVs not wired improperly. Windshield leaked. Driveshaft was sagging due to missing bolt. Rear sway bar support bolt. And the fiberglass roof had cracks all over. It has been in the shop the last 7 months. Factory twice. And still needs to return for untreated issues. We paid for a "brand new" unit and ended up with a "refurbished" one with remaining issues. Repairs cost me lost trips, cancelled reservations, additional 2,500 miles on my unit, two tanks of gas (70 gal tank). And a total loss of faith in Forest River, General RV Canton, Ohio and any roadside assistance. Beware these units are way over priced and quality is absent.
- Eddie Kirkland, Ohio

2021-05-07 2019 Coachmen Leprechaun 210RS View Listings

Don’t buy Coachmen. Bought brand new last May 2020, only got to ca pan out 4 times as it was in the dealership more than at our house or campground. So many issues. Took it out last month April 14, brought it right to dealership, still at the dealership as I type this today May 7, 2021. They don’t give a crap. DON’T BUY YOU WILL BE VERY SORRY
- Judy Casagrande, Massachusetts

2021-05-05 2020 Coachmen Mirada 35OS View Listings

2020 coach and we have had to have the front roof air replace twice and the rear unit replace once. 3 roof airs gone bad. Yes they were replace under warranty but no knows why. They went bad. Coachman points finger at air excel and no answer from them why it took 5 months to get the last 2 replacements. Cannot trust the roof airs
- Mike, Illinois

2021-05-03 2021 Coachmen Catalina 323BHDSCK View Listings

This is my second trailer and the construction of this is awful there's some spot that the staples and screws are out my son got cut by one of them the water froom the bathroom is leaking to the kitchen the jack they have one bolt and the rest are screws one jack fell into the ground when I was hauling it under the side outs the plastics that Cover it came out I have to stop and repair it the led froom the awning when I pull it off the first time the led ripped off have wait one or little bit more for the guarantee to cover and they send a short ones I have to put it my self awful experience whith catalina 323bhdsck brand new 30 thousands dollars and I have problems whith it I call the warranty manager nothing worst trailer ever
- Martin Valentin, Pennsylvania

2021-04-30 2019 Coachmen Leprechaun 311FS View Listings

This rv has everything a person could need! Every trip we took in this rv was beyond comfortable and it is more like a house on wheels. I used it for travel nursing and couldn't have been happier! The air cushion ride is so smooth and comfortable making long trips a breeze!
- kristin Shostak, South Carolina

2021-04-30 2020 Coachmen Mirada 32SS View Listings

We purchased our motorhome in October from Campers inn in Merrimack NH. The sales and financial were great. The service department has been good on repairs that we found out after using our MH for 6 weeks. We had both heat pumps go down and waiting for coleman to fix or replace. Our fireplace stopped heating, the shower base was replaced. The refrigerator door was dented they ordered a new one and that was damaged. They are ordering a new one. Overall the RV is roomy enough for 2 people and handles well driving 3000 miles. Gas mileage with v10 gives about 6 mpg. Maybe more if you drive at 55 mph. The few things that could be improved ; 1 The design of the Ford engine cover with small cup holders and lack of surfaces to hold cell phone, garmin and any additional items. The passenger seat needs additional track to allow the seat to move backwards to allow acess. 3) Both Heatpumps ac and heat stopped working 4) Fireplace stopped heating 5) The lack of response from the dealer saying that coleman heatpumps are not in-stock to replace the damaged ones doesn't say alot for Coleman warranty. Overall I would give it a rating of 7 . I would suggest that all items are checked and rechecked before you take delivery and spending over 100k on any Motor Home.
- KEVIN CHEEVER, New Hampshire

2021-04-30 2020 Coachmen Apex Ultra-Lite 293RLDS View Listings

This being our first travel trailer the wife picked it for the room that the opposing sides give you and kitchen island. After my inspection the enclosed and insulated under belly was a must. We have had the unit for a year now made several trips feeling more confident we will be traveling this year with longer trips. We do not regret this purchase.
- William, New York

2021-04-29 2018 Coachmen Clipper LS 107LS View Listings

We greatly enough our popup. Purchased new in 2018. Two camping trips that year, a getting to know the feel of the popup trips. Very easy set-up and break down. Tows well behind our dodge grand caravan. The refrigerator is more of a cooler, and you can not get a coffee cup under the sink faucet. The stove works well but is rather on the small side. No worries. The A/C will run you out as will the heater. Both work extremely well. This year we have added a reflective cover over the beds. It should keep it even cooler inside. We do all of our cooking outside, stove and fire, and have purchased a small refrigerator, which we set up outside under the awning. We also upped our game and purchased a fish cleaning table and portable grey water tank. Wash dishes outside. We have slept six in the popup comfortably. Storage is tight but less is more. We enjoy our popup and look forward to using it for many years to come.
- Robert Zollars, North Carolina