Coachmen Reviews on RV Insider (413)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Coachmen RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Cathleen Savage from Colorado says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2012 Coachmen Freelander 21QB View Listings

The 2012 Freelander 21QB, actually 24' in length, is a great value for the money. It is a great option for two adults and up to two children. Although it technically sleeps six, that would be a bit crowded. In addition to the rear Queen bed, the dinette converts to a Full size bed (48" x 76"). The overcab bunk has a weight limit of 350 lbs. PROs: 1) The rear bed is 60" x 80", very spacious for an RV and so much more liveable than the "Short Queen" (60" x 76") that is so common in other models. An added bonus is that standard Queen-size sheets fit perfectly! 2) the fresh water holding tank is 50 gallons, lots bigger than most Class Cs and even some Class As. This means we stay out in remote areas longer without breaking camp. 3) The exterior "basement" storage is huge! Over 100 square feet! We can fit everything we need for a month-long trip in with no problem. Have not seen this much storage in other models. 4) It is very easy to drive and has a good turning radius. 5) The dinette is designed in a circular "lounge" style, which is great for watching TV and relaxing. See related Cons below. CONs: 1) The factory installed vents are cheap and flimsy. We immediately replaced ours with Fantastic Vents. 2) The window in the coach side entrance door (not the cab) is made of frosted glass, reducing driver visibility. We had ours replaced with clear safety glass and we added a shade for privacy when needed. 3) The table for the dinette is too big for the space. We took it out and just store it for when we might need to use it to convert the dinete into a bed. We use a large tv tray table for indoor dinners and we made our own insert to make the sofa more comfortable. 4) The wardrobe for hanging clothes has two rods that run from the exterior wall to the wardrobe door instead of a single rod running across the top of the wardrobe. A simple modification to make. I notice that Coachmen made this change to later models too. 5) Curved shower door on a track is irritating but functional. Coachmen changed this to a regular swinging door set on the diagonal in later models. Summary: with a few simple modifications, the 2012 Freelander 21QB is a great combination of compact size and desireable features! I would buy it again.
- Cathleen Savage, Colorado

2020-04-01 2020 Coachmen Chaparral Lite 30BHS View Listings

This is a great resource to help us find an RV that you really want. Got phone real quick from campers Inn. Bam! Found our camper bought and picked up with a week. Campers Inn was awesome. Everyone there was very informative, knowledgeable . No sales pressure! Michael Graham is one hell of a salesperson ! EZ good man did our walk thru and education of camper. Took our 2000 class A camper, no hassle! Very very impressed. Thank you All!
- Laurie Blake, Florida

2020-03-30 2019 Coachmen Mirada 32SS View Listings

After owning a 27’, Class A motorhome from Gerzeney’s ‘s for two years and loving the lifestyle traveling around the country we decided we needed some more space and storage. We had visited Gerzeney’s in Nakomis, Florida a month or so prior to going back, remembering Robbie, a sales person who suggested he would find us exactly what we wanted when we were ready. Well, we got ready. Robbie has such a great personality and is super knowledge of his products that he brought us right over to the RV we now purchased. We were very specific and adamant about the trade-in and our financing as we discussed the transaction with Kelly, Gerzeney’s Finance and Sales Support person. She searched and searched every avenue with persistence and patience until she found the right deal for us. Actually, the transaction became better than our original request. Thanks Kelly! So, if anyone out there is looking for a first time experience of RV-ing or wants an upgrade please, ask for “Robbie.” Don’t go anywhere else. You’ll have a great time and really fun experience.
- Chris B, Florida

2020-03-24 2018 Coachmen Leprechaun 260DS View Listings

We have over 17000 miles and have seen a lot of beautiful sites. RV is easy to drive and tows our jeep with little effort. We have a full size 4 door ref. plus recliners and upgraded cabinets. The bedroom layout makes it difficult when making bed. You cannot use microwave or oven without extending slide. The air ride leaks down every few weeks. The awning design allows water inside and will mold if not opened often to dry. I do a complete service before each trip and check tire pressure often. Over-all we are happy with coach and would recommend.
- Gary, Florida

2020-03-20 2017 Coachmen Apex Nano 191RBS View Listings

I bought this travel trailer brand new. First weekend camping, I realized one of the stabilizer jacks was bent, 3 water connections were leaking, the screen door latch broke and wall panels had to reattached. Pictures of the damage was sent to the dealer. I ended up fixing everything myself as the dealer wanted me to bring it to their service center which was an hour and a half away. The dealer refused to send replacement parts. Since that weekend I’ve repaired a leaking skylight and several other places on the roof. The bathroom faucet needed replacement. The tires were replaced after 12,000 miles because of ply separation. The entry door lock has been replaced due to the door shifting while traveling. I sealed up the holes around the pipes due to large gaps. I like the layout and storage of this camper, but the quality should be improved.
- Charlie D, New Hampshire

2020-03-13 2019 Coachmen Concord 300DS View Listings

Bought from RV Dealer in Albuquerque and problems on trip back to Texas included an entry door that would not close/seal properly. Door flew open on trip home. Has been sitting in a Forest River authorized repair facility since home (Oct 2019). Despite repeated calls to Forest River National Warranty rep who has said we would "be taken care of" the local shop has never been able to contact him by phone or receive approvals for repairs despite repeated messages left over last 4-5 months. Not did he ever contact them to explain how the closet hangers could be secured to something besides a thin plywood shelf bottom. They said the service assistance from this division of Forest River Warranty is the worst experience they have ever had. It is certainly the worst warranty or RV experience we have ever had in 45 years of RV ownership. Just as our friends were interested in buying the same new unit we had to put the brakes on their temptations lest they suffer non-existent warranty support. We pray repairs will occur and we can use our new unit at some point in 2020. Repeated phone calls and messages to their warranty management folks continue to go unanswered.
- Rodney Thomson, Texas

2020-03-10 2010 Coachmen Freelander 21QB View Listings

Its drives really nice. The captain chairs are very comfortable. Its like driving a pick up truck. I loved this camper because it was so easy to go anywhere. Its small but fully self contained. With over 300 horsepower it has no problem moving right along. Just a great motorhome. The ad for the motorhome says the rest. I always kept up on all maintenance. The only reason I am selling it is because we are now retired and moving on to other things now. I saw a lot of great places in the 10 years I have owned it.
- Michael Wilson, South Carolina

2020-03-10 2020 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 333RETS View Listings

You get what you pay for. Purchased brand new in August 2019, trading in March 2020. Where to start... Hot water heater is hit or miss, usually works with gas, but don't plan on a long shower. Jacks broke, rust underneath, ac fan makes awful noise when you cut it on. Floors shake when you walk even with additional jacks. Lock is difficult to open from outside with the key, it have been locked out once. Cheaply made and is not going to hold up for the long haul. Figuring it is better to cut my loss now and trade up to something much nicer with a better warranty.
- Annie, North Carolina

2020-03-10 2008 Coachmen Freedom Express FX26SO View Listings

This is the best RV I have ever owned. Drives great. It is easy for me (a female) to drive and set up. So easy. I love the privacy of the bedroom in the back. I love all the extras it has. I love everything about it really. Nothing negative to report at all.
- aliciashephard1@gmail.com, Kentucky

2020-03-07 2019 Coachmen Freelander 27QBC View Listings

The outside: Our 27 QB was delivered to us from Indiana from Total Value RV. This was our third Motor home in 10 years. It has been 1 1/2 years of repairs to make it right. Well as others said the windows are noisy and will not stay shut. These are the two large ones, Coachmen sent replacements and they leaked!! They sent another batch of replacements, different with dual locks on them but they do not leak and are quiet. The tail light are on their third set because they always leak or fail because of water damage that gets inside of them. The front cab over running lights on their second set. I’m sorry I live in a place where it rains a lot!! The door latch had to be shimmed so you could close the door without slamming it. Also it needed some pretty good bending to make the bottom of the door stop rubbing. The bumper was put on crooked and had to be really adjusted. The decals in several places had to be pocked with a pin to remove air bubbles. The 20’ awning is getting stuck all the time and has to be pulled and pushed on to stay reasonable straight. And if you get in any wind past 5mph put it in cause it will get out of alignment!! The Inside: Saw dust everywhere had to clean everything especially under cushions!! Screws and staples left around on the floor and under things!! The water heater leaked, and failed!! This turned into a big thing with leaky hoses and a bad control board. Along with the constant rattle noise that I finally found that it was not mounted properly. The bathroom smelled like pee all the time and guess what the toilet was leaking where the top and bottom go together!! Cabinets not aligned up well, along with the end pieces on the dinette that were put on with more than one inch difference. The finish cover tape on walls where the panels come together put on uneven. Staples are coming out all over the cabinets and need to be carefully pushed in all the time!! They are the same color as the wood so I guess that made it OK to them. The Serta mattress upgrade is a joke and goes flat all the time, but it is slightly better than a stock one. Power plugs that like to fall out, and the best thing a big ¼” slot on the bottom of the fuse box, hole cut to big that’s OK pass it along!! And the fuse box door keep falling open all the time, had to put Velcro in to solve that, now you pull the edge to get it open but it works. Window blinds and coverings put on badly and not straight. The repairs go on and probably will never stop we always find something every time we go out. Who paid for all of this: Well after calls and email over the course from when it was delivered to now they did pay for the repairs. And sent all the parts, not an easy task to get your money back from Coachmen but they do eventually send you your repair cost. So the moral of the story do not buy a new Coachmen Motor home, get used something that somebody has had all the factory problems fixed. Why do I say buy Coachmen well we have a lot of experience and well better than most other brands. We just went to a large RV dealer and looked at many brands and types and were surprised that Coachmen was on top in the garbage can, I mean really surprised.
- Tom , Oregon

2020-03-02 2007 Coachmen Aurora 36FWS View Listings

Of all the 8 motorhomes I have owned, this one was the most classy and liveable -- so many features and options it's hard to describe. The tour bus style storage is wonderful and it has the best gas mileage of any I have owned even though it is the largest.
- jerry, Ohio

2020-03-02 2017 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 32BHDSCK View Listings

Tows better than expected, previously had a 26' puma and it was 1000lbs lighter and they tow the same. Well built. Great layout with rear bunkhouse and 2nd entry being the bathroom. The power awning and outdoor kitchen was new for us on this model and we love it!!!
- Dave , Wisconsin

2020-03-01 2017 Coachmen Freelander 27QB View Listings

It has been such a great experience traveling with our family of five. This RV has everything we need to travel comfortably and spend time together as a family. I recommend the Coachmen Freelander based on its floor layout and comfort. I think your family will also enjoy it!
- Jennifer Easterling, Alabama

2020-02-24 2019 Coachmen Viking 17BH View Listings

The best first travel trailer we could find. Towing and parking is so easy with this. MPG is twice better than expected. Everything works great. Compact but has everything we needed in our road trips.
- Nina, California

2020-02-21 2018 Coachmen Crossfit 22D View Listings

We love the unit, average mpg is 15 city and 19 hwy and this is with the 3.7 size engine. Would think Coachmen could give at least a 3 year warranty but since we purchased with a forever warranty that covers most everything. The only issues we have had were the Novacool fridge overheating which got repaired under a recall, suma-spring recall which was also covered and the inside truma heater vents that I modified myself due to them being damaged by feet hitting them. Love the Ford Transit and cabinet carpentry which is top notch. Layout excellent and a lot like the Paseo. Did a lot of checking around a this is the best Class B for the buck. I see even better improvements in the 2019 and 2020 units however, I prefer the generator over the Lithium batteries at this time.
- Mark Mc., Illinois

2020-02-20 2020 Coachmen Apex Nano 189RBS View Listings

I bought this model and had only owned it 6 days(in my Driveway) when it rained about an inch. I walked in the trailer and found water puddling by the right side of the slideout. I haven't even had a chance to open the slide yet let alone to go camping and this thing is leaking like crazy. If this is Coachman quality, its pathetic. It frustrating to buy a new 21 ft trailer with an msrp of almost $27,000 and it's leaking water big time.
- Jacj, Utah

2020-02-20 2020 Coachmen Leprechaun 319MB View Listings

Do you have different interior colors body colors self leveling system is the microwave convection basemen sg footage is this at the factory how many miles from there to lewiston I'd 83501 gas mileage warrenty thank you
- William stickler, Idaho

2020-02-18 2015 Coachmen Mirada 35LS View Listings

Anyone thinking of buying a coachmen mirada!!!!!! Don't do it !!!! These RVs are absolute junk' I guarantee you will be so sorry you did. Please believe what you read about these pieces of crap RVs. My list of problems is to big to list. We had plans of living full time in ours.We spent like our life savings on it. Ben to the factory in Middlebury Ind 3 times at the end of the first year of ownership for a total of almost 3 months.That place is a joke! I spent much time in the factory and around town talking to people.And have seen absolutely no pride in anyone's work.They are under the gun so bad' The company gives them no time to do it right the first time. If a person misses a screw or makes a mistake' They give that person no time to go back and fix it if he wanted to. People in town say there is a big drug problem there i have heard from many people. I have had plenty of time to walk around town and do my research.They hire people every week to fill the demand they need, because many many people quit after finding out what it's like to work in there. Quantity Not Quality is job 1. It took me almost a solid year of bashing them, Nathan Hedges" Jason Brewer" The owners of Collier RV Jim in particular' In Rockford Illinois on Yelp to get any repairs done. Colliers could care less if they have a happy customer like they claim they do. Big fat lairs all of them !!! Fast forward to today, Now the floor on the bottom front outside of my living room slide is being pushed up into it from the front roller from it rolling back and forth i would suspect. So now it triggers the control module when going out to shut it down on the front motor. So then i have to go get in the outside compartment lay on my back get a magnifying glass use somthing pointy and do the reset procedure run back inside and push the button to get it to go the rest of the way out. You have to be kidding me. I met a guy in Grand Haven Michigan last year at Eastpoint RV Resort he said he had an appointment in Middlebury the following week to get his repaired for the second time. The same thing, He showed it to me. What i seen was long wide pieces of thin metal attached to the bottom of floor slide. And the front one had the whole corner tore up and soft underneath. And that was a repair that was done at the factory, What a joke. I wish i got his number to see how the repairs went for him. How it was repaired, Not only is my slide floor failing. The refrigerator is not attached to the wall in the cabinet so it is rocking back and forth in and out' I am worried that if i take a Right hand turn to sharp it will fall out. When i last tried to use the ice maker last summer 2019 water came out from under side of cabinet that it is setting in and all over before i seen it. So again save yourself a very very big headache and much pain and agony and do not give your hard earned money to Coachmen for JUNK, I had so many long reviews on yelp. That i had over 3500 hits on them. That is the only thing that saved me a few years ago. And i have to say that Nathan Hedges made me promise in order to get repairs done for the 3rd time in the early part of the second year of ownership' I would have to take down and remove my reviews on Yelp. Yes that is correct. But i am seriously thinking of going back on Yelp and let them have it again after i found my slide floor going bad last week. They think you have nothing to do with your money but give it to them for junk and repairs. My repairs cost me nothing' they even payed my gas bill for 6 trips back and forth to Middlebury. Still not worth the pain gut wrenching feelings you get when find out you have been screwed so bad. I had Lawyers hang up on me because i tried to go that route 1st. The RV industry is not regulated like the car industry is. No Lemon laws to protect you what so ever. When you sign the dotted line it's yours' Good luck.
- mike tallent, Illinois

2020-02-16 2018 Coachmen Freedom Express Limited 320BHDS View Listings

This is a great camper. We have had a lot of fun in it. Easy to set up, easy to live in, easy to tow. Bunk room is perfect for kids who want to be "camping" but away from the adult. Easy to clean, easy to put tear down for leaving. Excellent Awning.
- Richard Okrasinski, Virginia

2020-02-14 2017 Coachmen Freedom Express 29SE View Listings

Our family loved the space and the comfort of the Bunkhouse Freedom Express. Very good Trailer especially having all the space it did. We enjoyed the spacious dining table and the well-built 300 pound capacity bunk-beds were awesome! Loved everything about this trailer.
- John Espino, California

2020-02-11 2016 Coachmen Galleria 24Q View Listings

The Sprinter handles just like a van and turns in a small radius. Gets up to speed fast and is very good on fuel (Diesel). Mileage is anywhere from 18 to 22 mpg. Easy to park in parking lots as it is a little over 7 feet wide like a small van.
- Mark R. DeKoster, California

2020-02-11 2017 Coachmen Apex Nano 189RBS View Listings

I fell in love with this little camper at first sight. Like most everything else that love has not lasted. The first thing was the Interstate Battery failed on a cross country trip to Colorado. We spent $400 dollars to figure out why the heater would not light, 3 hours later after trouble shooting they figure out the battery did not have enough power to support the heater. Interstate gave us a new battery. Then the cabinets started falling apart. My husband has had to put brads in ever single cabinet in the unit as the silly staples they used in manufacturing could not hold a child's toy together much less a camper going over the road.Then the shelf under the sink caved in, we still have not fixed that. Then the screws that hold the heater cover fell out as well as the screws that hold the microwave in. The latest and most concerning is the front wardrobe cabinets have water in them... we have not owned this unit even two years yet! Oh yea , we just had to replace both vent covers also, they literally fell apart in our hands... Won't buy one of these again.
- B Bodine, Pennsylvania

2020-02-08 2015 Coachmen Freelander 21RS View Listings

We have spent 6-7 mos a year in this Freelander 21RS and love it. The best feature is the walk around queen bed and it sleeps better than the one at home. Usually you have to go with at least a 24 foot unit to get a walk around queen bed. The unit is setup very nice for long time living with big cabinets, sinks and lots and lots of storage. It is the perfect size for getting into a lot of boondocking spaces and all the state and national parks. We pulled a tow vehicle with no problems.
- Dee, Florida

2020-02-06 2017 Coachmen Adrenaline 25QB View Listings

Great layout, lots of space, but horrible construction in 2 years the list of repairs is horrid, here are some of the major ones: 1. China bomb tires, 13 months into ownership tire had a blow out took out the whole rear skirt and structural supports, Factory rep helped with replacement parts. 2. Second time out. Generator compartment flooded with rain water through vent built into door. Well generator compartment is not sealed so water flooded bathroom and Bedroom. we removed apron 10 gallons of water. No warranty. 3. Kitchen cabinets with microwave and vent fell off wall and crashed into golf cart. 2 years old. no warranty or assistance. 4. Led strip Lighting has all failed. 5. Graphics are failing. 6. All drawer glides have been replaced (parts under warranty, cabinets and to repaired that is the reason original glides did not work. 7. Kitchen counter is swollen up like a sponge that just started. not under warranty. 8. Undercarriage tape failed, no help from deal although still under warranty. 9. Speakers have all dry rotted and no longer work, sound system leaves a lot to be desired. 10. All faucets, kitchen and bathrooms have to be replaced. 11. No grease in wheel bearings is also a big one. 12. Window shades do not work. These are just the major items so far, Rvs in general have a bad reputation but I did not expect this. I will not even mention the problems at dealership. Thank you for letting me vent, Joe
- Joe Robles, Florida

2020-02-03 2018 Coachmen Clipper Sport 125ST View Listings

COACHMEN CLIPPER, Model 125SST, Purchase Date: 04/26/19 Date: 01/05/19 Subject: Severe Safety Issue (OLD TIRES on a New Camper): I have a 2018 Coachman Clipper 125SST, which is manufactured by Forest River, Inc. Note: Camper was taken to Selling dealer for evaluation on 01/09/20. Here is the list of the issues and some background: 1. We made our second camping trip to the Austin, Tx Area. Prior to leaving for this trip, and also before we started back home, I checked both tires for pressure, and looked for any issues. They were both at 65psi, which is per the vendor’s (Kenda) recommendation, and no cracks, imperfections, etc., and, the tire pressure agrees with the label on the side of the camper. 2. I was told by the selling dealer never to exceed 65mph while traveling. To be on the safe side, I have always traveled at only about 60mph. 3. Stopped for gas about halfway through the trip, and visually inspected both tires for any issues. I also felt of tires, rims, and hubs for any warmth, which would indicate an issue. All was fine. 4. About 5 miles from home, we exited the freeway, which speed drops to 50mph. However, I wanted to be extra safe, so, I slowed my speed down to 40mph. This is something that I felt safer to do with the traffic in front of me. 5. Suddenly, and very violently, the left tire on the camper blew out. I was able to maintain control of the rig, but pieces of the tire flew off, hitting other cars. 6. Pulled over to a very short shoulder on the road to see what happened. Appears that the tire blowout caused severe damage to side of the camper. 7. Traffic was very heavy, so there was no way to get out to change out the tire, and get the camper home. Called Forrest River Roadside assistance. 8. Waited for over 2 hrs. for them to come. Calls kept getting canceled, and it was unsafe for the wrecker drivers. But, Roadside assistance never called. I called them 3 times, and finally, they told me that the first 2 calls had been canceled, and they were dispatching someone again. 9. A guy from the wrecker service finally came out in is personal car to change the tire. He was very short, and very rude, but, he did help us, so I was grateful for that. 10. We continued home. The next morning, I set up the camper for airing out, and cleanup as we always do. What I found next was shocking to say the least. 11. The Drivers side of the camper had damage to the siding down to the studs. Wheel well trim was missing, door to refrigerator was broken, and, marker lamp cover is missing. Also, I noticed the top wood near the right front top latch was broken. 12. Next, I called my local tire shop to see if they could help me understand why this might have happened. He asked me the usual questions such as speed traveling (40mph), Tire Pressure (65psi), etc. All checked out. 13. Next question from him was, how old are the tires. I told him when I purchased the camper, the tires would have been new (04/19) and we agreed that should not be a factor. However, he then explained to me exactly how to figure out how old the tire is. There is a code date stamped on each tire as to when they were built (Week, Year). Checking these tires, we noticed that the code was 20 15. He paused, and then asked again, what year my camper was, and when I purchased it, as that code does not seem correct. I then decided to take the camper to another tire dealer for verification. Sure enough, the first tire dealer read it correctly. I should note that the camper was manufactured around 11/17 as a 2018 model. 14. So, at this point, it appears to me that Coachman (aka: Forest River) put old tires on the camper (at least 2 years old). Adding to this, I feel that at least the dealer should have verified how old the tires are before we took possession of the camper. Purchasing the camper in April, of 2019, made these tires already nearly 4 years old. Sending a camper out with 4 year old tires, especially for new purchasers, is alarming and irresponsible to say the least. 15. We are now to the point that we are extremely disappointed in our experience, and, have lost out piece of mind of buying a new Forest River product. We are going to get the camper fixed, but, I personally no longer have any confidence that this camper is road safe. We might have to sell this one, and purchase one from another vendor. We still enjoy camping, but, not so much with this rig. Forest River (Viking Division) is working to get all of the parts for the repair, and, also going to give us new tires (3). But again, I fail to understand how this can happen. I will never purchase anthing made by forest river again. They used to be great products, but, now, not so sure about quality.
- SpaceGuy 85, Texas