Coachmen RVs Reviews (328)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Coachmen RVs Reviews and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of these RVs.

Cathleen Savage from Colorado says:

Have you owned any Coachmen RVs? Write a review

Voted Most Helpful Review 2012 Coachmen Freelander 21QB View Listings

The 2012 Freelander 21QB, actually 24' in length, is a great value for the money. It is a great option for two adults and up to two children. Although it technically sleeps six, that would be a bit crowded. In addition to the rear Queen bed, the dinette converts to a Full size bed (48" x 76"). The overcab bunk has a weight limit of 350 lbs. PROs: 1) The rear bed is 60" x 80", very spacious for an RV and so much more liveable than the "Short Queen" (60" x 76") that is so common in other models. An added bonus is that standard Queen-size sheets fit perfectly! 2) the fresh water holding tank is 50 gallons, lots bigger than most Class Cs and even some Class As. This means we stay out in remote areas longer without breaking camp. 3) The exterior "basement" storage is huge! Over 100 square feet! We can fit everything we need for a month-long trip in with no problem. Have not seen this much storage in other models. 4) It is very easy to drive and has a good turning radius. 5) The dinette is designed in a circular "lounge" style, which is great for watching TV and relaxing. See related Cons below. CONs: 1) The factory installed vents are cheap and flimsy. We immediately replaced ours with Fantastic Vents. 2) The window in the coach side entrance door (not the cab) is made of frosted glass, reducing driver visibility. We had ours replaced with clear safety glass and we added a shade for privacy when needed. 3) The table for the dinette is too big for the space. We took it out and just store it for when we might need to use it to convert the dinete into a bed. We use a large tv tray table for indoor dinners and we made our own insert to make the sofa more comfortable. 4) The wardrobe for hanging clothes has two rods that run from the exterior wall to the wardrobe door instead of a single rod running across the top of the wardrobe. A simple modification to make. I notice that Coachmen made this change to later models too. 5) Curved shower door on a track is irritating but functional. Coachmen changed this to a regular swinging door set on the diagonal in later models. Summary: with a few simple modifications, the 2012 Freelander 21QB is a great combination of compact size and desireable features! I would buy it again.
- Cathleen Savage, Colorado

2019-08-16 2019 Coachmen Freedom Express 246RKS View Listings

I need to rant‼️ So my 246 RKS has been in Indiana since July 25 th for warranty work too large for the dealer to undertake. I was told by Steve Brandenburg of Coachmen that they would need to drop the floor most likely. Ok, that’s fine (though the massive leaks shouldn’t have occurred in the first place). Now, 22 days later, I know very little about what’s being done, where they are in the process, etc. Perhaps a picture, an email...something! My calls have gone mostly unreturned by Steve, who is the FE representative. When he did call, I was told they had started and most likely could be done in a week and a half, which would have been today, but I, the owner, know nothing after trying to contact him since Wednesday. I get the feeling I cannot get off the phone fast enough for him. He doesn’t volunteer anything specific, and it’s an effort to extract anything from him. Email goes unanswered as well. I’m a reasonable guy, but geez! Perhaps there’s still a lot to do?? Perhaps it’s on it’s way back?? I have no idea what’s going on with my unit, and it’s frustrating, to say the least. Coachmen, at this point you have MY property, and my request is simply- let me know what’s going on. Most of us will look to upgrade at some point, and guess what... We don’t have to come back to you for your products. There’s plenty of others to go to. I don’t mind if the job is taking longer than anticipated, but as the customer, I feel like I am entitled to an update on my unit. -Rotted floor with black mold, rotted slide floor and rotted cabinet holding refrigerator. Horrible customer service and quality
- Christine , Florida

2019-08-13 2019 Coachmen Catalina Legacy 293RLDS View Listings

Bought July 8th from dealership in Greenwood, South Carolina. We wanted to buy a reputable name, like Coachman, but now see why we shouldn't have. Starting with the small stuff first, the trimming throughout is done extremely poorly!!!! We have missing pieces and obviously done wrong in many places. The brand new refrigerator in a brand new vehicle didn't work on electric only on gas so we had to fix that first. Then the shower was improperly put in. Don't know who's fault that is. The electric hitch broke first day. Bought satellite TV which camper had two outlets outside n inside, none work!!! Sink stained immediately with normal things that go in sink. They make you think there is storage under sink with two cabinets but you open there is blockages on both side. Its unusable. No place for brooms, mop etc. Furnishings are very uncomfortable!!!! Front door doesn't stay closed. Pops open even when locked. We are very, very disappointed! Very unprofessional work done on this brand new recreational. Would never buy again!
- Kurt and Fran Johnson, South Carolina

2019-08-12 2019 Coachmen Freelander 27QBC View Listings

No quality control at factory. First camping trip the circuit board on the hot water heater quit working. The furrion in dash radio screen went black and now the shower drain is leaking on the floor. only three months of ownership and i wished i had my 5th wheel back. if i had it to do over, i would not buy this quickly put together junk. again, no quality control at factory.
- woody chalk, Mississippi

2019-08-07 2006 Coachmen Leprechaun 317KS View Listings

This RV served me well for several trips to Colorado, Montana, Wyoming, Idaho and to the California coast. This motorhome never let me down, never left me stranded. It handled the Colorado inclines and the Nevada heat. Easy to drive and maneuver. Love the interior and the roomy bathroom - unlike most cramped bathrooms with tiny sinks. I would definitely recommend this motorhome.
- Marlene , Colorado

2019-08-07 2018 Coachmen Viking 17BH View Listings

a real lemon and stuck paying for it. Leak, water rum in from pullout, wood panel falling apart, just this past weekend, frig died and water tap broke. A real lemon. Never buy a Viking. Had 5 others before with no problems at all.
- Boxwell, Ontario

2019-08-05 2019 Coachmen Chaparral 373MBRB View Listings

Flotsam we thought would be great But WE HATE IT! It has back bedroom with full bath plus bunkroom and master bedroom,HOWEVER, NO PLACE FOR OTHER OCCUPANTS TO SIT.It only has a reclining love seat and you can't rotate tv so if someone sat at dinner table they could see. Horrible manufacturing quality, skylight screws won't secure because they just drilled in without anchors, I have no heat coming from floor vents in back bedroom, main bathroom shower doors won't close all the way and we have had to replace shower drain fittings already, bathroom vent cover has dry rotted and severely cracked so had to replace. Floor/wall trim does not fit flush to floor, cabinet trim has needed to be secured. Kitchen sink drain has needed to be resealed. All listed repairs were done within 6 months of owning,brand new unit. Looking to trade in and take the negative equity. Not sure about factory support because we are full timers who travel for work in desolate areas with our 4 year old so leaving it in a shop for a few months is not an option.
- Ronnette L, Texas

2019-08-05 2017 Coachmen Freedom Express 192RBS View Listings

Amazing towability, great comfort, cold ac, large awning, fully loaded. Easy to hook up, digital led tv, indoor and outdoor speakers. Lots of LED lights..................................................
- Perte Gerdfunkle, Florida

2019-08-04 2019 Coachmen Clipper 17FQS View Listings

We owned a 24 ft Springdale and decided to downsize mostly because of weight and I don't want a 30 or 40 ft trailer behind me as we have a lot of hills in our area so we bought the Clipper. The first thing I had to deal with was the lack of storage space for food, utensils and other day to day stuff. I purchased a small over the toilet vanity that is 23" wide and 7" deep. Added a few shelves to the lower section and it fits neatly between the back wall and slide. Next I bought a sheet of 1/2 plywood and made drawers to fit under the sink. Have one for cutlery, one dishcloths and towels and a third for other utensils and such. Under the stove I put in two sliding drawers 12x24" that we use for extra food and such. Under the seats the storage areas I divided in half and at the end of each seat I put in doors for even more storage. We store our pots and pans and plates and bowls and other items in those. Since it's only the two of us I removed the table and replaced it with a pedestal style that's only half the size. I made a padded seat to fit across the back and now have a U shaped area that's great when you want to put your feet up. Sure wish Coachman had thought about these things in their design stage. I wish I could add photos here to see how great all these additions look.
- Ron Webb, Newfoundland and Labrador

2019-08-04 2019 Coachmen Concord 300DS View Listings

I had to go 400 miles away to Collier I94 RV in Wentworth Ill. Good experience with Matt Wagoner in sales and his mngr. Greg. Better trade deal than offered elsewhere. I would recommend them as square shooters. Only got better from there. My local dealer of choice,Ketelsen Rv in Desoto Iowa, while not selling class c’s or Coachman is a Forest River certified dealer and were more than helpful with a few early warranty issues. I did have a large slide seal issue they weren't comfortable with. My service rep fixed me up with Ron Ross, class c service mangr. For coachman products. Factory vist this las week. 3 hours and back on the road. Rons service team is top notch. They have also indicated they would cover my fuel expense to and from. $320.00 Hated to make the trip, but could not be happier with my Coachman Concord experiance.
- Jim C Paine, Iowa

2019-08-03 2018 Coachmen Clipper Express 180 View Listings

First weekend out it rained, the canvas leaked everywhere. Took it back to the rv shop. Repairs made to the seams. 3rd trip out with it I went to fold it up to move to my next site and the hinge had rusted and seized. Back to the rv shop, they've given me a loaner of the same type (which also leaks), I've now had it for a month waiting to find out what is happening with mine.
- Lisa, Ontario

2019-08-01 2016 Coachmen Galleria 24T View Listings

We really enjoy the sprinter platform. The layout has a pantry and 2 wardrobes which is very nice.There is plenty of storage. Many nice features.The downside is the poor quality of the installation of many components.In less than a year both wardrobe cabinets came loose and almost fell off. The electric awning won't always extend or retract. The propane tank is installed in way that most suppliers can't connect to it.There are other things but the worst is that the one screw on one of the front brackets for the fresh water tank came out, and the other front bracket broke dropping the water tank to the highway while going 60 mph.Had a tow tuck company come and strap the tank up to get it off the highway. I put more straps on later an finished our trip. Contacted Coachman and the class b service manager said that you are NOT SUPPOSED TO TRAVEL WITH WATER IN THE TANK that is why it broke. He said he would send me a new frame and tank but no labor. Can you imagine any RV manufacturer's rep saying something that STUPID? I told if that's the best they can do , key the tank and I will never buy another FOREST RIVER product.
- Dennis McGarvey, Pennsylvania

2019-07-30 2018 Coachmen Leprechaun 311FS View Listings

Disappointing in the quality of the Ford truck and housing.  Took it off the lot drove 3 hours home, found the inner tire was flat, the valve stem extension broke off. Fixed it locally. Since it was brand new we went out twice close to home. Just minor issues, although the battery died and we thought we left something on.  We found that to not be the case later in our saga.  We went on our 2 week vacation towing the motorcycle...We thought. We were in traffic and the engine just shut off, thank God we were still able to get off to the shoulder of the highway!  Turned out the main computer for the Ford truck chassis went bad...6 days of vacation spent waiting for this fix.  Ended up vacationing 4 days closer to home.  Then the batteries kept dying, after taking it to the dealer multiple times (3 hours away) found out even with everything off there is still a pull on the battery from multiple sources.  This ruined another trip.  (Left it at the dealer for 2 months until that was figured out) However, Eastcoast RV in Bedford, PA figured out a disconnect so we didn't need to unbolt the battery evrytime.  Refrigerator right side door doesn't open the whole way, they tried to fix it...Still doesn't open right.  Next issue, ready for and trip and truck would not start sooadicly took 2 hours but finally able to get to Ford dealership with no dashboard functions.   the dealer tried replacing the dashboard cluster which did not resolve the issue.  after much effort a screw from the housing portion (Coachman)  was shorting out a wire in the chassis.  We went on one weekend trip only to find a new warning light on the dashboard and dealer requested we take it back...We also found not dashboard heat or A/C came out of the diffusers.  The dealer said we could use it until they could get it in.  While on the 3 day weekend the air conditioner started to malfunction by sho9cycling switching from air to heat and changing the temperature.    Dealer now has it for tne two issues.  August 22nd is the earliest for the air conditioner.   We're spending more time taking it to the dealer and leaving it there than camping.   Now the warranty has expired!  Our opinion is Coachman and Ford should be ashamed of selling such subpar unit.
- Barry Folk, Pennsylvania

2019-07-29 2020 Coachmen Apex Ultra Lite 289TBSS View Listings

Mine is a week old, a 2020 $28,000 Apex 289TBSS. It's literally a week old, we took it last weekend and drove it 80 miles away to spend 2 nights camping in it. At this point I feel that this list has just begun. I'm not at all confident in the build quality and seeing what I've seen behind the curtain... I see that it's built horribly weak and will likely require repairs and reengineering for a long time before the manufacturing deficiencies are eventually corrected. What a sad level of product quality. Drawer hinge on rear diner bench, screws stripped wood, door sags and does not align consistently. Slide out dragging on carpet and flooring. Slide out delivered with 15a fuse (after dealership cut open floor and wired in a completely new circuit due to blowing fuses on the lot during delivery) that melted repeatedly, dealership instructed us to replace 15a fuse with 30a fuse and report back if it still melts. I refused to go to 30a, installed 20a. Has not melted yet, but questionable repair method at best. Heating duct to rear bunkhouse getting no airflow with heat on. Cabinet/wardrobe across from bathroom, internal slide drawer framework collapsed by dropping free from staples. Behind toilet, pex tube coming from wall has wall plate hanging free and laying on pex tube. Awning wiring plastic protective cover fell off and is sitting inside.
- Larry Musgrave, Pennsylvania

2019-07-14 2018 Coachmen Freelander 21RS View Listings

Have taken this Class C RV on one long trip and several short ones. At 24.3 feet long it’s easy to drive. I sometimes pull a small car behind and hardly notice it’s there. I like the size because it’s easy to park and to maneuver through parking lots. The size also makes it ideal for getting off the freeway and seeing the real America. The inside is big enough to accommodate two adults comfortably, although we had our two grandkids stay with us for a couple of nights without any problems. The queen-sized mattress is remarkably comfortable and exceeds our expectations. We never slept as well when we were just tenting it.
- Greg Wright, Florida

2019-07-10 2017 Coachmen Brookstone 325RL View Listings

IN 2017, WE PURCHASED A COACHMAN BROOKSTONE 325RL 5TH WHEEL RV FROM FUNTOWN IN PURCELL, OK. LITTLE THINGS BEGAN GOING WRONG FROM THE START &WE PULLED IT BACK TO THE DEALER FOR REPAIRS. 1. BATHROOM FLOOR WAS SPONGY & FELT LIKE GOING TO FALL THROUGH IT-REMEDY-SHOWER DRAIN WAS NEVER TIGHTENED & WATER SATURATED THE FLOOR & RUINED IT. FLOOR & FLOORING HAD TO BE REPLACED. (DONE AT DEALER). 2. AUTO LEVELING HAS NEVER WORKED & BEEN TO THE DEALER 2 TIMES- REMEDY- ????????? 3. A/C -2 UNITS FOR TOTAL OF 30,000BTU FOR 38FT RV & DOESN'T KEEP UP. LOST 3-5 DEGREES THIS PAST WEEKEND AT 96 DEGREES & PARKED IN THE SHADE.- REMEDY-?????????? 4. FIREPLACE WAS NOT WORKING PROPERLY- REMEDY- DEALER CONTACTED COMPANY & NEW FIREPLACE WAS INSTALLED BY DEALER. 5. UNDER STRUCTURE BY HITCH WAS FALLING DOWN- REMEDY- DEALER FIXED. 6. SHOWER DOOR HANDLE LOOSE- REMEDY- DEALER FIXED. 7. 1 WINDOW SHADE NOT ABLE TO PULL DOWN.- REMEDY- DEALER SAID FIXED, BUT NEVER FIXED & STILL WON'T GO DOWN. 8. PLUNGERS ON BED TO ALLOW TO GET TO STORAGE UNDER BED NOT INSTALLED PROPERLY & NOT ABLE TO USE STORAGE UNLESS 2 PEOPLE AVAILABLE- REMEDY-WE TOOK LOSE & INSTALLED PROPERLY & NOW 1 PERSON ABLE TO UTILIZE IT. 9. CLOTHES ROD WAS ONLY ATTACHED WITH SHORT SCREWS & SHORT STAPLES- REMEDY- PURCHASED LONGER SCREWS & DRILLED HOLES & FIXED IT. 10. HOT WATER HEATER WENT OUT -REMEDY- HAD REPAIRMAN TO CHECK IT OUT & WIRING WAS STRETCHED TOO TIGHT & CAUSED IT TO SHORT OUT.- REMEDY- REPAIRMAN FIXED. 11.REFRIGERATOR WENT OUT & HAD TO HAVE NEW COIL REPLACED- REMEDY- HAVE LOST APPROX $300.00 IN FOOD SPOILED. REMEDY - REPAIR MAN DEALT WITH WARRANTY. THE REPAIRMAN DEALT WITH WARRANTY COMPANY, BUT WE STILL HAD TO PAY $700 TO A HAVE REPLACED. IT IS STILL NOT WORKING PROPERLY & CAN'T TRUST IT TO LEAVE THINGS TO SPOIL AGAIN. REMEDY???????????????? 12. NOW THIS PAST WEEKEND, THE BED HINGE SUPPORTS CAME LOOSE WHICH WERE ONLY ATTACHED WITH VERY SHORT STAPLES. REMEDY- WE WENT & BOUGHT SCREWS & TOOK THE BED FRAME APART & USED CLAMPS TO HOLD UP THE BOARDS & PUT IN LONG SCREWS TO HOLD IN PROPERLY. THIS TOOK APPROX 1 1/2 -2 HRS TO COMPLETE. WE PURCHASED THE 7YR EXTENDED WARRANTY, BUT IT DOESN'T COVER THE FULL PRICE OF THE REPAIRS THAT ARE NEEDED. THIS RV IS "VERY POOR QUALITY" AND WOULD NOT BE RECOMMENDED FOR PURCHASING.
- VICKIE SHELBURNE, Oklahoma

2019-07-09 2017 Coachmen Freedom Express 192RBS View Listings

Great RB and super light for towing with a small truck. Everything works great on these babies. Love the outside grill! Super coating for easy cleaning and less problems with mold and mildew in humid states.
- Perte Gerdfunkle, Florida

2019-07-09 2018 Coachmen Prism 2250DS View Listings

The Sprinter turbo diesel 3.0 pulls real strong better than my older 2007 fleet wood 23’ with the 6.0 gas. Comfort is one step above the Chevy chassis which I liked. Unfortunately the rest of the coach is a big disappointment. The quality of Coachmen is not even close to the Fleetwood. 1) After my first trip the kitchen drawers fell out and broke the latches because cheap brackets inside fell apart. I had to rebuild all the inner supports and new latching hardware. 2) Filling the water tank dumped water in the coach because of a loose hose clamp on the water pump under the shower. What a pain that was to fix. 3) When you put the dining room table down to make a bed it didn’t fit because the bench seats weren’t square. I had to rebuild the rear seat to make the top fit. And when you place the cushions down for the bed they won’t lay flat. There too big like it was for a non slide-out dinette. The cushions over hang the bench about 2” or more which is about 4” too much for the cushions to sit flat. 4) After 3 weeks of sitting the truck battery goes dead. I took it to MBZ and said the power draw is in the coach. Something Coachmen pulled power for I suspect the leveling system is active all the time. I have to disconnect the battery ever time I park it. This is a work in progress when I get time. 5) Now this a quality of parts issue. I took my RV out this week end and both roof vents crumbled in the closed position and blew away. The plastic was completely rotted out by the sun and it’s only 1 1/2 years old. I have new parts on order. All of these issues including all the trim that fell off I fixed myself because the dealer is too far and not worth it. The positions of the storage is not ideal but I added some shelves in the cloths closet which helps out. Who hangs there cloths anyway. 6) The leveling jacks scrap over simple drive ways so be careful where you get gas. The propane generator works well along with the AC. All the lightning are LEDS which uses almost no power but I added a second battery for the long run. Over all this is a good rig because of the Sprinter chassis. It’s a pleasure to drive I just don’t like the workmanship of the coach.
- Mike Fowler, California

2019-07-05 2018 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 283RKS View Listings

We fell in love with the spacious rear kitchen layout. In the year and half we’ve used it it’s been nothing but problems wondering what the next trip will show. So far the city water fill hose was never connected. The door comes open on its own even when locked. The door latching system doesn’t work. The seal on the slide has pulled off and wouldn’t stay in. And the latest the gfci in the bathroom is lit red but still works and last night the tv coaxial cable melted filling the camper with smoke. This is the big stuff but like others the trim around the floor was never finished. There is stuff under the flooring that will eventually wear a hole. The stabilizing jacks are flimsy. Not the quality we expected when buying a coachmen.
- Tammy Strouse, Pennsylvania

2019-07-05 2018 Coachmen Apex 191RBS View Listings

Found another problem since our June 9 2019 trip. When we were coming home hit a bump which caused it to bounce. In inspecting the frame for rust I noticed a couple of the out riggers were bent behind the tires. Apparently when it bounced the tires caught the out riggers and bent them forward. I contacted Coachmen Service/Warranty person and sent him photos of the damaged parts. He said they were installed wrong. He tells me that he will send me a replacement and I'm to take it in to a weld shop to be fixed. My question is if mine is an isolated case or are all the same models are like this. This trailer, which I haven't found out what day it was built continues to have issues after issues ever since January 2018. All the company does is send parts for me to fix. I feel this thing needs to be on their time to get fixed.
- Robert, Washington

2019-07-01 2019 Coachmen Chaparral 391QSMB View Listings

For 6 months my rv has had manufacture defects that Forest River will not repair. These issures are water leaks, electrical issues, underbelly and more.NEVER buy from people who do not service their product. This company could change the unit out but instead they continue ro put band-aids on everything. Not sure if its because Im a woman or if they are doing this because my husband is Iraq 9 monts out of the year. Whatever their reason, its inexplicable.
- Donnablackwell65@yahoo.com, Alabama

2019-06-30 2012 Coachmen Chaparral 286RKS View Listings

I purchased this 5th wheel from GA RV Sales in Emerson GA., for $15,000. My husband and I checked every cupboard, closet, nook n cranny. When deliver to us, the spare tire was removed, a hole in the back wall from the rear recliners, to find the WHOLE back side had to be replaced, floor to ceiling. I do not recommend this dealership. I hope RVT will not take anymore of their ads. Another RV on the lot a 2002 Open Road has slide out damage, really bad. They sold it in a week knowing it was faulty but not telling the buyer.
- Barbara Marx, Georgia

2019-06-26 2012 Coachmen Brookstone Diamond 367RL View Listings

I buy and sell rvs and there is a diference in quality , some units are cardboard construction with staples and press board cabinets and no insulation to stay light for towing , and then there are units that are built like a house, bottom line is the diamond 367 is quality like a house and backed buy the manufacturer better than any builder I have ever met.
- carlhieronymus@comcast.net, Florida

2019-06-23 2016 Coachmen Freedom Express Ultra Lite 246RKS View Listings

We just love this RV as for the right size and towing. Not too small and not too large. Easy to pull or back into campsites. Coachman has done it right. The overall look is sleek and aerodynamic and very easy to set up.
- smarrotte@sbcglobal.net, Connecticut

2019-06-20 2018 Coachmen Clipper 17BH View Listings

Have had mine Clipper for a little over 2 years now. We bought in March of 2017 and got a just came out 2018 model. We go camping about every 2 months during the school year and about every 2 weeks during school break. This camper is so easy to pull with our F150. We have had as many as 3 kids and 2 adults in it and we all sleep great. Pack blankets even in the summer. The ac will freeze you out if you dont.
- Kay, Texas