Coachmen RVs Reviews (299)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Coachmen RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of these RVs.

Cathleen Savage from Colorado says:

Have you owned any Coachmen RVs? Write a review

Voted Most Helpful Review 2012 Coachmen Freelander 21QB View Listings

The 2012 Freelander 21QB, actually 24' in length, is a great value for the money. It is a great option for two adults and up to two children. Although it technically sleeps six, that would be a bit crowded. In addition to the rear Queen bed, the dinette converts to a Full size bed (48" x 76"). The overcab bunk has a weight limit of 350 lbs. PROs: 1) The rear bed is 60" x 80", very spacious for an RV and so much more liveable than the "Short Queen" (60" x 76") that is so common in other models. An added bonus is that standard Queen-size sheets fit perfectly! 2) the fresh water holding tank is 50 gallons, lots bigger than most Class Cs and even some Class As. This means we stay out in remote areas longer without breaking camp. 3) The exterior "basement" storage is huge! Over 100 square feet! We can fit everything we need for a month-long trip in with no problem. Have not seen this much storage in other models. 4) It is very easy to drive and has a good turning radius. 5) The dinette is designed in a circular "lounge" style, which is great for watching TV and relaxing. See related Cons below. CONs: 1) The factory installed vents are cheap and flimsy. We immediately replaced ours with Fantastic Vents. 2) The window in the coach side entrance door (not the cab) is made of frosted glass, reducing driver visibility. We had ours replaced with clear safety glass and we added a shade for privacy when needed. 3) The table for the dinette is too big for the space. We took it out and just store it for when we might need to use it to convert the dinete into a bed. We use a large tv tray table for indoor dinners and we made our own insert to make the sofa more comfortable. 4) The wardrobe for hanging clothes has two rods that run from the exterior wall to the wardrobe door instead of a single rod running across the top of the wardrobe. A simple modification to make. I notice that Coachmen made this change to later models too. 5) Curved shower door on a track is irritating but functional. Coachmen changed this to a regular swinging door set on the diagonal in later models. Summary: with a few simple modifications, the 2012 Freelander 21QB is a great combination of compact size and desireable features! I would buy it again.
- Cathleen Savage, Colorado

2019-06-17 2017 Coachmen Prism 2150 LE View Listings

I have just under 30,000 miles on it. I wrote about some of my complaints 2 yrs ago and that hasn't changed. I love the storage and layout of my prism. I can park about anywhere, just watch the height of the vehicle. I've made a few changes but minor. For 2 people, I think this is the right size. Compared to Winnebago and the new Jayco, if they were priced the same?, but for $20,000 less, I would buy my coachman prism again. My biggest complaint is the mileage and passenger side mirror. Also battery box cannot fit a 6 volt battery.
- Paul Eisenbarth , Florida

2019-06-14 2018 Coachmen Chaparral 336TSIK View Listings

We purchased the RV Mr. Cole rated. I have to agree with him, it is a lovely unit to live in or vacation in. We did have an issue with the mid-leveling not coming down but are having it looked at. The trailer is steady even with just a 4 point system. The only thing we did not like was the clear shower glass, so I purchased some window film, cut it to size and with just water attached it to the shower doors so they are no longer see thru. Very, very happy with our purchase. Highly recommend if you are looking for mid-range with upper range features. We tow ours with a Ford F250 6.7 liter diesel. Has no trouble pulling or stopping.
- Michell Henderson, California

2019-06-12 2018 Coachmen Apex 191RBS View Listings

Last year I wrote review on this trailer and since owning for over a year now things haven't changed. Our first time camping (June 9th for one night) things started out fine until the next morning. First of all the mattress they put into these trailers are not much more than sleeping on the ground in a tent. So in saying this I decided to make the dinette into a bed and use it to sleep. The next morning came and when I went to get up everything went boom. One of the strips of wood that holds the table top broke and I went down avoiding getting scratched by the now exposed screw. Last year a lot of the cabinets were falling apart and now this. I don't want to challenge what is next. I pay over $21000 for this trailer and was hoping it would be easy to use (I was wrong). This latest thing I'm going to repair it myself. There is no time to take it in for repairs because we will be going camping again in less than a month. Like I said before I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. I had a 2002 Chalet for 14 years and never had problems like this.
- Robert Zink, Washington

2019-06-09 2016 Coachmen Viking 2485SST View Listings

This RV tows very well. Two people can set it up in about half an hour. Heater,stove and fridge work well. Easy to take down when done camping. All in all a good camping experience for beginners or those with experience.
- Terry Riemenschneider , Michigan

2019-06-07 2015 Coachmen Catalina 273TBS View Listings

Très confortable, avec des lits à trois étages pour les enfants. Le très grand slidder crée un espace qui permet la circulation de toute la famille. L'air conditionnée est très performante et le puissant chauffage permet d'étirer la saison. Very confortable. Three nice bunk beds for kids. The huge slidder makes lot of room to accomodate the whole family. AC capacity is more then enough and powerfull heating system allows to extend the season.
- Ghislain Gonthier, Quebec

2019-06-06 2019 Coachmen Catalina Legacy 293RLDS View Listings

We just used our RV for the first time last week and we’re so excited to finally go camping. The first time we used the water we had a bad leak under the bathroom sink call the dealer where we purchased this unit and he sent someone over to make repairs. Then The shower starts leaking all out into the floor had the leak had filled up the underbelly of the camper and ruined all the insulation and soaked the floors. Repair man came out again and said that all the insulation would have to be removed under the camper because of mold and mildew and we would have to take it into the dealership for warranty work. I took it to the dealer as soon as we return he was very helpful and apologetic. He contacted the factory and documented with pictures and we’re still waiting to hear from them. This is a brand new camper the first time we used it and it is ruined. Also on the back where our slide out is There is a huge bulge coming out from the metal no clue as to what caused that. The way the beds are made and the shelving on each side you have to push yourself up into the bed and it’s too high off the floor . I’m 5 foot six and I can’t reach my hands all the way back into the cabinets over and around the bed. Very difficult to store your clothes when you can’t reach back to get them. I regret buying This unit and wish I would have chose something better made. I’ve only made one payment and I own a camper that is crap.
- Leslie Hughes, South Carolina

2019-05-31 2017 Coachmen Chaparral Lite 30RLS View Listings

My 2017 Coachmen Chaparral Lite 30 rls fifth wheel has a hitch weight, around 1425, also the fifth wheel itself is very light , around 9000Lb. For me It pulls very well with my Ford short bed pickup. I purchased a slide Hitch but never had to use it in the extended position. I also like the theater seating when watching TV, Also the Electric and gas options on water heater. Heats up real fast. Nice layout and Queen Bed with memory foam. Once the slide are out there is plenty of room and lots of counter space. I can get to the refrigerator and bathroom with all slides closed. Good size pantry and closet space. Lots of room in lower cargo area as well.
- warren , Florida

2019-05-31 2015 Coachmen Brookstone 334RE View Listings

We love this 5th wheel. The floor plan is the best we have had with the rear entertainment system. You can see the tv from anywhere in the main living area- great for the cook! We also found the storage in this floorplan was very generous. For the first time, I had cupboards that were almost empty. It is very nicely appointed, including wine storage! We only had a couple of issues with this; a slide adjustment and the sewer dump cables. Both were repaired with no further trouble. I would recommend this floorplan and the Brookstone brand to anyone looking for a high end RV.
- Donna, Alberta

2019-05-28 2019 Coachmen Chaparral 391QSMB View Listings

My husband and I had to purchase a unit because of a leased home that was filled with toxic mold that started shutting my organs down. My husband is a Veteran and is now working in Iraq for the Embassy. We purchased in Dec. 2018 and have had nothing but problems. We have never owned or even been in a 5th wheel and it was a hurry up and find a place within 48 hours. It was bad enough what we were going thru but to sell us a lemon unit that they did not stand by is horrific. It had a propane leak inside the unit and was pushing propane directly into the bedroom. The lights outside didn't work and the belly of the unit was leaking water. I sent a video to the dealer and Forest River and while I was in the hospital for treatments I pd 500.00 to have the unit returned and fixed. They jerryrigged the belly and they didn't even fix what was wrong. Now the unit has an electrical short and so Forest river sent one of their techs out and he said "take this unit back to the dealer, it dangerous". They didnt like that so wanted to send another. NO FOREST RIVER!!!! you don't get to play with my life. I'm disgusted by Chaparral, Coachman and Forest River. How can they sleep at night with how they treat customers. DO NOT BY FROM THESE PEOPLE. They sell a cheap product and dont stand behind it. Shame on you!!!!!!!
- Donna, Alabama

2019-05-22 2004 Coachmen Cross Country SE 376DS View Listings

I have owned this RV since November 2009. I drove this RV through Canada to Alaska and returned back home with no problems. I had 4000 pounds inside and I towed my car on a tow dolly. We were able to stop at scenic views and other locations and had the ability to exit safely. What an amazing trip!
- Danny Guttery, Alabama

2019-05-20 2018 Coachmen Chaparral 391QSMB View Listings

We have loved this fifth wheel. The floor plan is great for our family. We used it to live in for a couple months and it was great. Good quality materials that hold up well with children. We haven’t had any problems with it to have to even use the warranty.
- Christy, Oklahoma

2019-05-19 2018 Coachmen Mirada 35KB View Listings

This thing is a total dog. Poor quality all around, I have had a list of over 70 items for my poor dealer to deal with and repair luckily my dealer was great to work with. Anything that could wrong did, factory forgot to bolt down part of the slide assembly on both sides, multiple pieces of trim have fallen off, the cheap stickers they put on the cabinet is coming off. Shower leaks, windshield leaks, stabilizer jacks leak. I am not sure what isn't leaking most days. Weather striping has fallen off just about every dang door. Furniture is cheap and isn't comfortable, slide is broken. The list goes on and on. The most upsetting part is the automatic generator start, doesn't work at all, best I could get from coachmen factory was that "it was designed that way".....
- Mike A, Georgia

2019-05-19 2018 Coachmen Clipper Ultra-Lite 17BH View Listings

Coachman bulits a great RV. This model is great to pull very light. Great for weekend geat aways. Works for a small family or couple. I wish it had a place to hang cloths but over all great for a small camper.
- James Casey, Georgia

2019-05-18 2003 Coachmen Chaparral 295IKS View Listings

My coachmen chaparral has been nothing but a reliable camper never had a problem with it as far a towing or anything I would definitely recommend to anyone looking for a fifth wheel camper it very enjoyable
- Rlob, New Jersey

2019-05-11 2013 Coachmen Freelander 19CB View Listings

I am over the top in love with my little class c. I just (5-2019) bought it, with only 33k miles, a 2013, for under 30K!! The most awesome floorplan with it's cute kitchen with so much counter space! I removed the table, and made that area an L shaped sitting area, with the aid of a nice perfect height long flip top padded box or "bench," (makes for added storage too). Speaking of storage, this little coach has tons inside and out! I added 400 watts of solar and a Nature's Head, as well as combining my grey and black tank. Got my "Berky" too! My new home is a dream!
- Tony Wallis, Montana

2019-05-10 2011 Coachmen Clipper 109 View Listings

Great camper! Compact but A LOT of storage. I looked for a long time for a camper w/ AC, heat, fridge, sink and stove for our family. Purchased out of state because they are hard to find. I also wanted a camper that was easy enough for me (a mom) to be able to tow, set up and break down w/o the hubs and just the kids and this is perfect! Small enough to be able to store indoors (garage).
- Graham Crackers, Illinois

2019-05-10 2008 Coachmen Adrenaline Blast 195 View Listings

This Toy-Hauler worked perfectly for travel with our Motorcycle.... We could dry camp or stay at a RV park. With the Toy-hauler back door down on a cable hook up, it was like a patio and gave a feeling like it was bigger. We bought a screen cloth curtain which provided privacy, but still gave you the outside feel, and the cool natural breeze. There is a bath which I love for a child's bath, or easier to bath your furry babies. The Air Condition is Fantastic on these Units.... Over all everything is Very Well Made.... Another Thumbs up to Coachmen. It is very easy to tow. Almost not feeling anything....
- Donna S, Arizona

2019-05-09 2018 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 243RBS View Listings

I bought this trailer in May 2018. Everything seemed good at first. On our first rain fall we noticed our top bunk was wet. The window was installed upside down. Which allowed water to come in. The water works good but seems like there is water in the lines. After flushing the system many times problem still exists. As for the starlight package the awning doesn't always work with the inside buttons. If it wasn't for the remote we wouldn't have been able to get our awning in or out at times. Recently, May 2019, out trailer caught fire. This problem is still being determined but have yet to hear from coachmen. Apparently, and all I know so far is the 12 volt system has failed. The strange part is nothing in our breaker tripped. The only thing that happened was our ceiling lights flickered on and off then shut off and then smoke started pouring from under the trailer. The AC freezes if left on to long so it will shut off. the trailer is missing some trim they forgot as well This is all the bad I have with the trailer. As for the good: it fits 4 of us comfortably. It does the job for camping and it looks pretty. I have a 2018 coachmen Catalina legacy Edition 283dds
- Elaine Mwale, Ontario

2019-05-07 2017 Coachmen Freedom Express 257BHS View Listings

Absolutely loved having this as my temporary home. It was big enough to function like a normal house but cozy enough to keep me as a minimalist. Great quality and value. I couldn't ask for anything more.
- Tara Diaz , California

2019-05-03 2013 Coachmen Chaparral Lite 279BHS View Listings

I really enjoyed this RV while we used it. The design was exactly what we were looking for with an outside kitchen, bunk beds for the kids and the storage that is in it. The only reason we are selling is because my kids are all grown up so we don't need the bunk model.
- Calvin, Alberta

2019-04-29 2011 Coachmen Encounter 37TZ View Listings

This unit handles like a dream and my wife drove it as much as I did. The floor plan has 3 zone living and is quite unique. It is very comfortable to travel in and kitchen, bathroom and bedroom are all accessible with the slides in as well. It comes Witt a lot of extra upgrades. We purchased a larger unit!
- Rick Brown, Saskatchewan

2019-04-28 2015 Coachmen Catalina Deluxe Edition 263RLS View Listings

Sleeps 6 comfortably Private Bedroom with TV and door Large Living area with huge picture windows Comfortable Furniture, excellent condition, ez care Automatic Slide, Awning, Power Tongue Jack Tows great Extended Warranty available
- Tori Sciacca, South Carolina

2019-04-25 2016 Coachmen Catalina 323BHDSCK View Listings

Purchased a 2016 323BHDSCK. Spacious, nice looking unit. My family camps 4 times a year so it’s not overused. The issues start—— *The outdoor mini fridge quit working after year 1 *The bathroom sink began to leak *During an outing a shutoff under the kitchen sink blew and water filled the camper in the living area until it made its way out the slide opening (it looked like Niagara Falls) we did have a pressure reducer on *Water over the winter from outside made its way into the unit and froze and created an area of mold. * The fabric on top of the slides (on corners) made contact and the fabric split exposing the wood and allowing water into the slide walls *Now water made it into the front bedroom because of shotty sealant and damaged the interior wall (which is now buckled and soft) I contacted Coachmen and they said it’s out of warranty and nothing can be done. WAY TO STAND BEHIND YOUR PRODUCT. I had my old unit a Dutchmen for 12 years and nothing ever leaked. ARE THESE UNITS MADE TO BE OUTSIDE???? IF SO, WHY IS SO MUCH WATER COMING IN?
- Ken Maney, Pennsylvania

2019-04-13 2016 Coachmen Brookstone 395RL View Listings

We love the RV. We lived on in full time but had a family death that caused us to have to be more stationary. It is livable and space friendly. It has a great warranty and is wonderful towing. I recommend it especially if you are thinking full time.
- Tara Franklin, South Carolina