Airstream Reviews on RV Insider (102)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Airstream RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Phillips from Texas says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2016 Airstream International Serenity 23FB View Listings

I am not happy! When you spend 10s of thousands of dollars on an RV with the name of airstream you expect a level of quality beyond regular RVs. But that is NOT what we got! While I am happy with other qualities of our airstream, the shower leaves pools of water on the floor. The shower appears to not have been installed properly and certainly was not caulked properly since any shower produces pools of water on the floor that will ultimately ruin the flooring. We contacted our sales person whose response was well you can't expect our service guys to catch this without thanking a shower, ha, ha....well, we don't live near a dealer or service center so we are going to have to fix this...UNACCEPTABLE! Again, when you finally decide to INVEST in an Airstream, you expect a quality that we have NOT EXPERIENCED!
- Phillips, Texas

2020-05-25 1967 Airstream Safari View Listings

One of the best rvs, you need to own one to really appreciate it. It's all original, everything is special about this travel trailer. Only clasics will really know what I am talking about. Vintage model.
- Karen Matthew, Texas

2020-05-17 2012 Airstream Interstate 3000 View Listings

This Class B+ RV has been meticulously Maintained and Serviced since new. It looks and performs as only a Mercedes Benz can. The Diesel engine is powerful and a Fuel Saver. This unit is ready to travel the U.S. TODAY! Check out pricing on comparable models and you will see that it is priced $20,000 below book. It will come Inspected, Detailed and Serviced by a registered RV Dealership and a Certified Technician. It won't last long.
- Frank, Florida

2020-05-05 2014 Airstream Flying Cloud 20 View Listings

Airstream’s name is a long known for their quality. This RV is light and airy with skylight and 2 ceiling fans with honey upholstery and cabinets. It can be used for full time living or just enjoy some comfort camping with powerful AC and propane furnace. Live comfortably. This Flying Cloud is so lightly used it is LIKE NEW for you. Get the benefits of not paying high price for new get lightly used and save $!
- Audra , Washington

2020-05-01 1955 Airstream Flying Cloud Whale Tail View Listings

This California made Whale Tail is very rare. It has been totally restored. You can pull it with almost anything. The 1950's diner is outstanding. The upgrades are magnificent with air, but it has kept its originality. One of the best ones out there. Travel anywhere.
- Larry Garrison, California

2020-04-19 2017 Airstream Interstate Grand Tour EXT View Listings

Easy to drive and park, fits in a handicapped parking spot, Plenty of power and stability (with the VR Air Ride Suspension upgrade). We have seen 20 + MPG on long flat stretches and averaged 16.7 MPG on over 7,000 mile since last reset on odometer number 2. On board generator and solar make it easy to go off grid for days. Smaller size allows easy access in restricted State Parks while still being fully self contained. Can be serviced at most Mercedes Dealerships across the country. Overall an excellent vehicle!
- Brian P, Washington

2020-04-16 2019 Airstream Atlas Murphy Suite View Listings

this is a Wonderfull camper everything is over the top as far as quality and craftsmanship. I would highly recommend it to anyone that wants to see the world. my business just took off last year and we are even busier this year and cant enjoy it like I would like to thats the only reason we are selling. I cant say enough about it you must see to believe.
- james owens, Missouri

2020-04-15 2019 Airstream Flying Cloud 30FB Bunk View Listings

We like the quality and style of this RV. I also like the fact that I can tow this Airstream with Ford F-150, Ford Expedition, or my Ford F-250 Diesel... many options. This is a wonderful family camper too.
- Brent T, Texas

2020-04-06 2016 Airstream Sport 22FB View Listings

Our 2016 Airstream Sport 22FB was awesome! Great for camping and worked well as guest house for visitors. Very easy to hookup and great layout! Awning is large enough to cover 6 chairs and grill and shower is great size
- KELLY SHIRLEY, North Carolina

2020-03-24 2018 Airstream Interstate 3500 Grand Tour EXT View Listings

Terrible manufacturing,175 issues in 1 month . Arrogant company trying to modify German quality into trash made in China installed in America shame for the rv industry Don’t buy it go to hotel better !
- Ron , Alabama

2020-03-17 2019 Airstream Interstate 19 View Listings

Do you take trade for my RV, would like to see if we can make a deal with a Trade for 2015 motorhome with 6,100 miles Have no money down just want to trade in for a smaller unit , I like this unit
- Lee, California

2020-03-11 2016 Airstream Bambi Sport View Listings

The 2016 Airstream Bambi Sport, 16' is an excellent, compact, versatile, and comfortable travel trailer that does not demand a lot of effort to hook-up or pull behind your vehicle. The pulling weight (dry) is only 3,500 lbs so you don't need a mammoth truck. We have owned a Bambi Sport, 16' in the past and it was perfect for adventures into the backcountry off-grid or a campsite with full hook-ups.
- Michael Hill, New Mexico

2020-02-21 2017 Airstream Airstream Basecamp View Listings

We have always owned Airstream RVS. Our first was a 31 foot Classic. We bought it new and used it for several years. After that we owned another Airstream that was a smaller. And then we down sized again to the Base Camp. We bought it new in 2017. Unfortunately We were both experiencing health issues and only used it to travel 3 times to the Mayo Clinic in Phoenix. This unit is in new condition but we will not be traveling so will sell it to a lucky buyer. We paid $36,855.00 cash for it in January 2017. We are selling it for $27000.00.We live in Southern NM and it has never been out in the weather. We have a nice carport where it was kept. It comes with the the weight distributing hitch with anti sway bar. Also Airstream mud flap that goes on your tow vehicle. You can call us at 575-551-1636 for more information.ET and Pat Little
- Patricia A. Little, New Mexico

2020-02-15 1959 Airstream Airstream Pacer View Listings

This is one of the rarest vintage Airstreams made. Being a low number, it is an incredible investment. The Pacer has the best lay-out for living in. It sleeps four plus, and this one had a full restoration with air, space age Insulation, and can be towed across the United States. It has been pulled at high speeds and handles like a charm. There is nothing that has not been done. You probably will not find another one, and if you do it will not be fully restored like this beauty.
- Airstream Vintage Trailers , California

2020-02-05 2011 Airstream Interstate 3500 View Listings

Whoever designed the interior and overall look of the coach has really good taste. Love the quality of the interior cabinets the lighting and of course the stainless steel ceiling. I’ve had many problems with the sewer system I had replaced the Motor twice and unfortunately they do not have any back up system. They need to upgrade the battery system and how to charge it during the winter months.The generator runs on propane instead of diesel which is a hassle because you have to keep filling it up with propane. The air-conditioning is very loud they need to replace with multi speed fans or better yet duck the air through the cabinetry.Overall this is a good coach I’d recommend buying one but be prepared that many things break.
- Benjamin Kennedy, Oklahoma

2020-01-20 2018 Airstream Classic 33FB View Listings

This is our first Camper. We bought it after Hurricane Michael. It has everything you could want in a Home except a dishwasher. We enjoyed the Fall leaves in the Mountains and in Fall on our Beach in PCB. Everyone wants to see it because it is such a Classic, but it’s luxurious. We have a Movie screen and Bose Surround sound. Power Recliners,Dinette Table and Bed! And another TV in our Cozy BR! The Bathroom is roomy and plenty of storage. No issues pulling it or parking! For our experience in Camping, couldn’t have been better.
- Cynthia Holt, Florida

2020-01-07 2014 Airstream Interstate 3500 EXT View Listings

BEWARE!!!!!The factory will not stand behind their mistakes they made in the original install of my interstate side Windows! I am just now showing rust around ALL my side windows that was created by Airstream allowing metal shavings to imbed in the outside perimeter paint. Now after 6 years the shavings are rusting and windows need removed and paint /body repaired. I have gone thru my dealer in San Diego and Airstream will not cover the $3,200 repair. They admitted this on other forums and paid to cover other faulty installs of the same problem but not after warranty. Problem is that’s when it shows up. Thought Airstream backed their problems they created. Really disappointed. I had six body shops confirm it happened in the factory at install and not treated correctly!!!!
- Richard Sharpe, California

2020-01-04 2013 Airstream Interstate 3500 EXT View Listings

I love my Mercedes Benz Airstream Interstate. It has been a better experience than I expected. We have enjoyed traveling and seeing our part of the country without the hassle of reservations, ect.
- Vickie, North Carolina

2019-12-27 2016 Airstream Interstate 3500 EXT View Listings

Very poor quality. Love the vehicle features but it is broken most of the time. I have more miles taking it to RBM of Atlanta than I have trip miles. Easy to drive but the final finish quality was very poor from Airstream. Mine is 4wd at 160,000 plus with 9000 miles and something goes wrong every time I drive over 80 miles. By the way it needed two airbags but MB could only replace drivers side do to back order. Come back in three or four months and we can fix the one for my wife. Seems backwards to me. So another whole day at the shop POS FOR THE COST By the war sprinter dodge and the others mostly same parts and chassis do not let the MB tag fool you just means more money for service
- Ben Dickerson, South Carolina

2019-12-10 2019 Airstream Classic 33FB Queen View Listings

I enjoy the layout find it very convenient. I have noticed a few issues over the past year. One the shower leaks if you use the water saving valve. The windows stick, this must be a know problem as there is a sticker saying “ window sticks pull with equal force”. I am not a small man and just bend the handles. I have given up on using the windows and just use the vents. Over all I consider it my second home, but see areas where there could be improvements. I am not sure it’s an investment I would do again.
- Jason Davis, Indiana

2019-10-26 2018 Airstream Classic 30FB View Listings

Great unit that is like brand new since it had almost no use due to health reasons. We are sad to have to sell it. Very comfortable and lots of extras that make camping a luxury experience. I envy the person who will purchase this unit.
- travler, North Carolina

2019-10-23 1979 Airstream Land Yacht Sovereign View Listings

This camper was the first for my wife and me and neither of us were quite sure that we were going to like camping. When we bought it we did a lot work on the interior, i.e. painting,new floor, mostly cosmetic. We have enjoyed our trips in it, especially back to the east coast. In terms towing it, it is very aerodynamic and it is easy to back it into a parking spot at a campground. The reason that we are selling it is due to health issues.
- Eddie Whitfield, Texas

2019-10-01 2019 Airstream Atlas Murphy Suite View Listings

Before my first trip Gen would not start. On the trip Air , gps, air bags, out storage doors, stop working, Bath room door fell ll times. door handle came off. This was a 2000 mile trip. Been the shop 5 weeks tomorrow.
- Earl Conley, California

2019-10-01 2002 Airstream Bambi 19 View Listings

Great quality, easy to tow, easy to park, incredible durability. Used primarily for long weekends, a few week long trips, and 4 months last yesr. We are only selling because we want to buy a bigger unit to live 2-3 years in. No matter where you go - everyone loves an Airstream.
- Glenn Morris, Colorado

2019-09-04 2017 Airstream International Serenity 27FB View Listings

Very well built with quality components. Tows very well behind our F-150 XLT Eco Boost. Dishes and other things inside do not move during towing, unlike our previous smaller single axle trailer. We get lots of envious looks and inquiries from other RVers. Airstream is iconic.
- Boyd Topham, British Columbia