Airstream Reviews on RV Insider (94)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Airstream RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Phillips from Texas says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2016 Airstream International Serenity 23FB View Listings

I am not happy! When you spend 10s of thousands of dollars on an RV with the name of airstream you expect a level of quality beyond regular RVs. But that is NOT what we got! While I am happy with other qualities of our airstream, the shower leaves pools of water on the floor. The shower appears to not have been installed properly and certainly was not caulked properly since any shower produces pools of water on the floor that will ultimately ruin the flooring. We contacted our sales person whose response was well you can't expect our service guys to catch this without thanking a shower, ha, ha....well, we don't live near a dealer or service center so we are going to have to fix this...UNACCEPTABLE! Again, when you finally decide to INVEST in an Airstream, you expect a quality that we have NOT EXPERIENCED!
- Phillips, Texas

2020-03-24 2018 Airstream Interstate 3500 Grand Tour EXT View Listings

Terrible manufacturing,175 issues in 1 month . Arrogant company trying to modify German quality into trash made in China installed in America shame for the rv industry Don’t buy it go to hotel better !
- Ron , Alabama

2020-03-17 2019 Airstream Interstate 19 View Listings

Do you take trade for my RV, would like to see if we can make a deal with a Trade for 2015 motorhome with 6,100 miles Have no money down just want to trade in for a smaller unit , I like this unit
- Lee, California

2020-03-11 2016 Airstream Bambi Sport View Listings

The 2016 Airstream Bambi Sport, 16' is an excellent, compact, versatile, and comfortable travel trailer that does not demand a lot of effort to hook-up or pull behind your vehicle. The pulling weight (dry) is only 3,500 lbs so you don't need a mammoth truck. We have owned a Bambi Sport, 16' in the past and it was perfect for adventures into the backcountry off-grid or a campsite with full hook-ups.
- Michael Hill, New Mexico

2020-02-21 2017 Airstream Airstream Basecamp View Listings

We have always owned Airstream RVS. Our first was a 31 foot Classic. We bought it new and used it for several years. After that we owned another Airstream that was a smaller. And then we down sized again to the Base Camp. We bought it new in 2017. Unfortunately We were both experiencing health issues and only used it to travel 3 times to the Mayo Clinic in Phoenix. This unit is in new condition but we will not be traveling so will sell it to a lucky buyer. We paid $36,855.00 cash for it in January 2017. We are selling it for $27000.00.We live in Southern NM and it has never been out in the weather. We have a nice carport where it was kept. It comes with the the weight distributing hitch with anti sway bar. Also Airstream mud flap that goes on your tow vehicle. You can call us at 575-551-1636 for more information.ET and Pat Little
- Patricia A. Little, New Mexico

2020-02-15 1959 Airstream Airstream Pacer View Listings

This is one of the rarest vintage Airstreams made. Being a low number, it is an incredible investment. The Pacer has the best lay-out for living in. It sleeps four plus, and this one had a full restoration with air, space age Insulation, and can be towed across the United States. It has been pulled at high speeds and handles like a charm. There is nothing that has not been done. You probably will not find another one, and if you do it will not be fully restored like this beauty.
- Airstream Vintage Trailers , California

2020-02-05 2011 Airstream Interstate 3500 View Listings

Whoever designed the interior and overall look of the coach has really good taste. Love the quality of the interior cabinets the lighting and of course the stainless steel ceiling. I’ve had many problems with the sewer system I had replaced the Motor twice and unfortunately they do not have any back up system. They need to upgrade the battery system and how to charge it during the winter months.The generator runs on propane instead of diesel which is a hassle because you have to keep filling it up with propane. The air-conditioning is very loud they need to replace with multi speed fans or better yet duck the air through the cabinetry.Overall this is a good coach I’d recommend buying one but be prepared that many things break.
- Benjamin Kennedy, Oklahoma

2020-01-20 2018 Airstream Classic 33FB View Listings

This is our first Camper. We bought it after Hurricane Michael. It has everything you could want in a Home except a dishwasher. We enjoyed the Fall leaves in the Mountains and in Fall on our Beach in PCB. Everyone wants to see it because it is such a Classic, but it’s luxurious. We have a Movie screen and Bose Surround sound. Power Recliners,Dinette Table and Bed! And another TV in our Cozy BR! The Bathroom is roomy and plenty of storage. No issues pulling it or parking! For our experience in Camping, couldn’t have been better.
- Cynthia Holt, Florida

2020-01-07 2014 Airstream Interstate 3500 EXT View Listings

BEWARE!!!!!The factory will not stand behind their mistakes they made in the original install of my interstate side Windows! I am just now showing rust around ALL my side windows that was created by Airstream allowing metal shavings to imbed in the outside perimeter paint. Now after 6 years the shavings are rusting and windows need removed and paint /body repaired. I have gone thru my dealer in San Diego and Airstream will not cover the $3,200 repair. They admitted this on other forums and paid to cover other faulty installs of the same problem but not after warranty. Problem is that’s when it shows up. Thought Airstream backed their problems they created. Really disappointed. I had six body shops confirm it happened in the factory at install and not treated correctly!!!!
- Richard Sharpe, California

2020-01-04 2013 Airstream Interstate 3500 EXT View Listings

I love my Mercedes Benz Airstream Interstate. It has been a better experience than I expected. We have enjoyed traveling and seeing our part of the country without the hassle of reservations, ect.
- Vickie, North Carolina

2019-12-27 2016 Airstream Interstate 3500 EXT View Listings

Very poor quality. Love the vehicle features but it is broken most of the time. I have more miles taking it to RBM of Atlanta than I have trip miles. Easy to drive but the final finish quality was very poor from Airstream. Mine is 4wd at 160,000 plus with 9000 miles and something goes wrong every time I drive over 80 miles. By the way it needed two airbags but MB could only replace drivers side do to back order. Come back in three or four months and we can fix the one for my wife. Seems backwards to me. So another whole day at the shop POS FOR THE COST By the war sprinter dodge and the others mostly same parts and chassis do not let the MB tag fool you just means more money for service
- Ben Dickerson, South Carolina

2019-12-10 2019 Airstream Classic 33FB Queen View Listings

I enjoy the layout find it very convenient. I have noticed a few issues over the past year. One the shower leaks if you use the water saving valve. The windows stick, this must be a know problem as there is a sticker saying “ window sticks pull with equal force”. I am not a small man and just bend the handles. I have given up on using the windows and just use the vents. Over all I consider it my second home, but see areas where there could be improvements. I am not sure it’s an investment I would do again.
- Jason Davis, Indiana

2019-10-26 2018 Airstream Classic 30FB View Listings

Great unit that is like brand new since it had almost no use due to health reasons. We are sad to have to sell it. Very comfortable and lots of extras that make camping a luxury experience. I envy the person who will purchase this unit.
- travler, North Carolina

2019-10-23 1979 Airstream Land Yacht Sovereign View Listings

This camper was the first for my wife and me and neither of us were quite sure that we were going to like camping. When we bought it we did a lot work on the interior, i.e. painting,new floor, mostly cosmetic. We have enjoyed our trips in it, especially back to the east coast. In terms towing it, it is very aerodynamic and it is easy to back it into a parking spot at a campground. The reason that we are selling it is due to health issues.
- Eddie Whitfield, Texas

2019-10-01 2019 Airstream Atlas Murphy Suite View Listings

Before my first trip Gen would not start. On the trip Air , gps, air bags, out storage doors, stop working, Bath room door fell ll times. door handle came off. This was a 2000 mile trip. Been the shop 5 weeks tomorrow.
- Earl Conley, California

2019-10-01 2002 Airstream Bambi 19 View Listings

Great quality, easy to tow, easy to park, incredible durability. Used primarily for long weekends, a few week long trips, and 4 months last yesr. We are only selling because we want to buy a bigger unit to live 2-3 years in. No matter where you go - everyone loves an Airstream.
- Glenn Morris, Colorado

2019-09-04 2017 Airstream International Serenity 27FB View Listings

Very well built with quality components. Tows very well behind our F-150 XLT Eco Boost. Dishes and other things inside do not move during towing, unlike our previous smaller single axle trailer. We get lots of envious looks and inquiries from other RVers. Airstream is iconic.
- Boyd Topham, British Columbia

2019-07-30 2017 Airstream Interstate Grand Tour EXT View Listings

Bought new Foley RV Center. Must be a lemon. Had trouble with wiring, awning quit working, dump valves changed twice, battery and wiring, interior door panel fell off, sliding door has to be slammed for it to close properly. Recent dump valve replacement again, once I get this fixed I plan to sell RV ASAP. Airstream rep Jeremy terrible support. Always blamed 3rd party suppliers and no follw up. I was pretty much on my own to deal with problems. I'll never buy or recommend Airstream.
- Sam Hardy, Louisiana

2019-07-26 2018 Airstream Flying Cloud 19CB View Listings

The first Airstream that my wife and I walked through was the Flying Cloud 19CB and we were immediately impressed with the overall use of space and usability of this model. We looked at larger floor plans and the Sport series and came right back to the 19CB, this was the one. This model we think, is the ultimate model for user flexibility, you won't find any wasted space and the it "lives" very large and efficiently....oh yeah, it's such an easy tow as well. Just about every creature comfort you can think of that allows you to get away for the weekend or use for longer term traveling. The AC units is fully deducted with a programmable thermostat just like you have in your home....very quiet and super efficient (same AC unit used in the much larger models). The two heating options allow for flexibility if you are plugged to shore power or boon-docking in cooler climates. The dual fantastic fans are rain sensing therefore you don't have to worry about heading back to the Airstream if its going to rain, they will auto close. The convection/microwave combo is an upgrade and we are grateful that we purchased, we've only used a couple of times but great to have the flexibility and use in tandem with the 3 burner range. The factory Clarion surround sound and bluetooth capabilities have allowed us to work comfortably from the Airstream and we have enjoyed the entertainment options with the swivel Samsung TV. The Airstream has built in connections for cable/satellite TV but we used it for an internet connection and it work fantastically. Everything about this model is EASY...from towing to unhitching using the power jack, the stabilizing arms are super easy access and with an adaptor you can use a standard portable drill to raise and lower in a matter of minutes. The Airstream weight allows you to tow with a mid-size SUV, any larger model would require a much larger vehicle due to the weight. We have this Airstream fully "kitted" out and ready to go...we would be open to include all items you need to get going immediately, let's discuss. This is a great opportunity to own a practically brand-new, Airstream Flying Cloud 19CB with less than 200 miles towed on the road. Please reach out with any questions as I am passionate about the Airstream brand and love to share my experience and perspective!
- Taylor, Texas

2019-06-24 2018 Airstream Flying Cloud 23FB View Listings

Beautiful memories we have to let go. A perfect gem for perfect trip. Used it for 2 months in the raw, many trip in california, colorado, many in texas. just perfect units you need for all the conditions and family of 4.
- Lionel, California

2019-06-11 2019 Airstream Globetrotter 27FB Twin View Listings

Bought the Globetrotter to use on the West Coast, we have an International Serenity 23FB here on the East Coast. We particularly like the wrap around windows on the front and the back of the Globetrotter, although I do prefer the bathroom in the 23FB. Very happy with the Globetrotter. While in storage in LA it was hit and dented by some 45' class A parked next to us. Airstream LA had it as good as new in 3 days to the tune of $10,200 (funny, my daughters trailer cost about the same as fixing a dent in my Airstream). If you can afford it, buy an Airstream. Note that Airstream is the only RV manufacturer with a nationwide dealer network with factory trained technicians. You don't have to bring it back to the guy you bought it from.

2019-06-11 2018 Airstream International Serenity 23FB View Listings

Love it! We pull this with an Audi Q7 Prestige. Towed this from Orlando to LA. Stored it in LA for a year traveling the West Coast including one trip up through Zion, Yellowstone and Banff (Canada). While backed up to a beautiful lake in the rain we decided to get the Globetrotter 27 so we would have the amazing wrap around views from the front and the back. We now keep the 23 in Florida and the Globetrotter in California (had to get a truck to tow the Globetrotter, unfortunately). If you can afford it, buy Airstream. Note that Airstream is the only RV manufacturer with a nationwide dealer network with factory trained technicians. You don't have to take it back to the guy you bought it from, you can take it to any Airstream dealership around the country, sort of like an Audi.

2019-06-11 2017 Airstream Sport 16J View Listings

Loved this little guy. Towed it with an Audi Q5 2.0L. Quite a head turner. Took it from Orlando to LA. Stored it in LA for a year flying out and taking it to National Parks on the West Coast. Got it back to Florida and sold it to get an International Serenity 23FB. Note that Airstream is the only RV manufacturer with a dealer network like automobiles have. You can get warranty service and/or collision repairs by factory trained technicians around the country. Its like buying an Audi, any Airstream dealer anywhere will work on it, you don't have to take it back to the guy you bought it from like other RV's. If you can afford it, get Airstream.

2019-06-08 2015 Airstream Interstate 3500 Lounge EXT View Listings

Very comfortable driving, I can drive all day and my back does not get sore. Handles much like my SUV, up and down hills and around curves handles nicely. My wife doesn’t hesitate to drive this, she is very comfortable driving even at high speeds. Size is large enough to be comfortable for two overnighting, comfortable for up to eight while underway, cruises very nicely, plenty of power, not a problem for parking in standard parking lots or accessing tight camping spaces. Quality of fit and finish is excellent, bed is comfortable for sleeping. Glad to have the EXT version which provides for the needed extra storage behind rear couch. Hitch easily handles my dual swing-away bike rack for two electric bikes.
- Craig Overstreet, Florida

2019-06-05 2018 Airstream International Signature 25 View Listings

This Airstream is a dream to live in, tow and own. It is very retro in feeling with clean lines, rounded corners and beautiful. Every time we took it out, we would get thumbs up and comments. Parked, people want to see the inside, because it is such a beauty. There is such a tight Airstream community, all people who own them love them. This is a quality product that will last a lifetime. No problems with anything inside or outside the rv. After all, it is nearly new. Have to see it yourself. All standard options included, plus Window Awning Package, Power Patio Awning, Backup camera, Solar Panel. Added myself: Weight distributing hitch, wireless braking system, wheel covers, jack cover.
- Tom, Ohio