Airstream Reviews on RV Insider (126)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Airstream RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Phillips from Texas says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2016 Airstream International Serenity 23FB View Listings

I am not happy! When you spend 10s of thousands of dollars on an RV with the name of airstream you expect a level of quality beyond regular RVs. But that is NOT what we got! While I am happy with other qualities of our airstream, the shower leaves pools of water on the floor. The shower appears to not have been installed properly and certainly was not caulked properly since any shower produces pools of water on the floor that will ultimately ruin the flooring. We contacted our sales person whose response was well you can't expect our service guys to catch this without thanking a shower, ha, ha....well, we don't live near a dealer or service center so we are going to have to fix this...UNACCEPTABLE! Again, when you finally decide to INVEST in an Airstream, you expect a quality that we have NOT EXPERIENCED!
- Phillips, Texas

2021-01-09 2017 Airstream Flying Cloud View Listings

We have loved this Airstream. There is nothing like them, we have stayed in it at -10 below Fahrenheit and been warm. We have also camped in it at over 100 in the desert and the air conditioning kept us cool. The unit tows excellently and we have the tow bar system so you can pull it behind a Toyota Tacoma. The Airstream is easier to keep and they age beautifully as there are no fading plastic or peeling stickers on them. Everything works on this trailer.
- Justin Grimwood, Colorado

2021-01-06 1973 Airstream Sovereign View Listings

We have not had a minutes problem with this trailer. Tows very well. Everything is brand new on inside. Will make someone a great trailer! All systems work great from the vents to the plumbing and heaven.
- Paul Black, Indiana

2020-12-20 2020 Airstream Airstream Atlas View Listings

When we decided to buy an RV, we decided also to buy the best quality we could find. We had recently sold a quality boat and wanted to continue enjoying the pleasantries that come with good construction, appearance and utility. We also had an ancient history of Airstream life, as my parents had had one early one, had travelled with Wally Byamm and had taken my brother and I on cross country excursions for seven years while we were growing. So Airstream became our immediate first choice and after inspecting several Class B RVs from other manufacturers it was clear our choice was made. Not that there aren't some spectacular RVs out there, but when you get to Class B, the competition shrinks. Combining Airstream body quality with Mercedes chassis quality is a wonderful marriage. We do not yet have many travel miles and consequent experiences yet, but in the short time we have owned our Airstream Atlas, nicknamed Remedy after our boat, we're truly pleased with our decision. The nice thing about the size, as even with the slide out it is a compact cabin, is the versatility to move about at will. We've taken it into busy towns to buy groceries, driven through neighborhoods looking for a new homesite, with ease. I do think that having a tow vehicle is a plus in the long run, and we plan to add a mini-cooper convertible accordingly. The price tag of an Atlas is hefty, but if you can get there it's worth the ride.
- Tom Baldwin, Florida

2020-11-25 2019 Airstream Basecamp 16X View Listings

IT'S AN AIRSTREAM!!!!! This is the only off-road trailer Airstream makes. Specifically it is made to boondock. Solar panels on roof, large 9,000 BTU A/C, and set up for sub freezing temps. The furnace is propane and has a 12v system for the tanks to keep them from freezing. This thing will go anywhere!!!!
- joseph mathis, Texas

2020-10-31 2020 Airstream Atlas View Listings

This has been our very first RV experience of any kind. We have had the Atlas for 5 months, and have spent 20 nights in it and about 5,000 miles. We've had a few minor problems that I fixed myself. After reading of some problems others had I emailed customer support and asked if they could identify any common problems that I might run into, and what I could do to be prepared. They promptly sent me information about some replacement fuses I could keep on hand, and a replacement pin for the automatic steps. I haven't needed either. I've owned many new cars and I realize that on such complicated machines there will be problems and adjustments needed. The Atlas is even more complicated, so it shouldn't be a surprise that things might happen. But (knock wood) I've been very happy with the Atlas and the responses I've gotten when I've communicated with customer service with questions. I've had many compliments from other rv'ers, and I love the conveniences and ease of setup and moving.O
- DVL, North Carolina

2020-10-25 2021 Airstream Airstream Atlas View Listings

My Airstream Atlas Nightmare I received my Atlas on August 29, 2020 and that's the date my nightmare began. A list of the issues with my brand new Atlas after first taking delivery are below: 1. Cummins Onan RV QD 3200 generator not working at all. 2. Battery charging system it's not charging the battery properly. 3. The Magnum MMS1012 is not properly set-up for the lithium battery and does not meet the specifications to charge Battle Born 100Amp lithium batteries) 4. When the house battery becomes depleted, everything inside is shut down and nothing works. The manual suggests turning on the chassis engine for a few minutes to charge it. This function did not work. Meaning you can be stuck with no power and nothing electronic working in RV even when you connect to external power! 5. Victron Energy MPPT Control locked up and not working. 6. Sliding door not properly installed and broken. 7. Folding Stairs sometimes do not work properly. 8. Cannot connect to the solar charging system APP 9. Shelving in the storage compartment is incorrect size and falling down to the second compartment. 10. Pantry storage compartment not proper lock, opening on every turn. 11. Several door hinges broken. 12. Skylight occasionally not closing properly. 13. Manual describes a completely different inverter charger controller. A list of additional issues I found during first trip are below: 14. Power Stabilizer Jacks completely locked out and not functioning. 15. Skylight broken cannot even open. 16. The site storage compartment door is broken and cannot open. 17. Echomaster mirror monitors with sight cameras and parking sensors are very old technology, with low resolution, very low brightness, and are extremely slow. It takes two to three seconds from turning the signal to seeing the image in the mirror, which is an incredibly long time while driving. Driving in the daylight when the sun is out, you can barely see the image and when you put on sunglasses it is virtually impossible to see. When you put bicycle carrier racks hitch mount, you get attention blinking on a screen all the time, which is very distracting and and no way to clear or disable this warning. 18. The wires inside the control cabinet are loose and make a lot of noise while driving, creating an additional distraction. I am incredibly frustrated and disappointed with the profound lack of service and quality from Airstream, its Los Angeles Dealership, and in the Atlas itself. This vehicle has a lot of gadgets and gizmos, but the core systems are faulty and unreliable. In an RV, the single most important consideration should be protecting from the complete discharge of a battery because it can leave people stranded without heat or power in remote areas and in potentially dangerous weather conditions. This was not considered and so it is very easy for the battery to drain, leaving all those gadgets non-functional. The generator, solar system for charging the battery, and the controller for charging the battery do not work as they should and these are all very important systems that should be reliable and even have redundancy. This is in addition to the many quality, design, assembly, and service issues I have done my best to describe above that affect virtually every system in this Atlas to some extent. This vehicle is only suitable for driving and I already have a car for that. It is not suitable for, not can it be depended on, to work as an RV.
- Karol, California

2020-10-21 2011 Airstream Interstate 3500 View Listings

This vehicle has everything we want in an easy to drive RV. The queen-sized bed is very comfortable. We leave the bed up all the time, not needing to set it up each night. Airstream does a great job with the appliances. We have added a TV antenna, a bike rack with basket that holds 2 bikes (can hold 4), 2 inflatable kayaks, 2 beach chairs and a bag containing a portable gas grill and Coleman stove. The swing arm on the bike rack still allows access to the vehicle's rear doors, and makes it easier to load the bikes and other items. This vehicle fits in the width of a normal parking spot, but needs more than 1 length. TV swing arm allows us to watch TV outside as well as inside. We have removed the 2 second row seats to build in storage and working space, but will include the seats with the sale. The fronts seats swivel to face the back for us to eat or watch TV. The is very little wasted space. Standard Airstream features include a generator, 2 burner propane stove, kitchen sink, microwave / convection oven, small refrigerator and even a build in coffee maker. There is even an outside shower! You can even take a shower in the bathroom. The air conditioner / heater and ceiling vent fan keep the vehicle as warm or cold as you might like. We have taken this RV from Northern New England to as far west as California, and all across the south from Florida to Texas, Arizona and New Mexico. My wife really enjoys driving this vehicle, all 5'2" of her.
- Larry Hersh, New Hampshire

2020-10-21 2018 Airstream Globetrotter 27FBQ View Listings

Best made recreational vehicle period. Hand crafted fit, and finish of high quality components provides the RV enthusiast with a turn key problem free open road experience. That is the reason once you move up to the Airstream quality, you will never go back to the mass produced varieties. The high resale value is just an extra bonus.
- Chad Pierson, Arizona

2020-10-09 2016 Airstream Interstate Grand Tour EXT View Listings

Great little RV. Drives like a car. Easy to park. Super comfy bed. Shower is a bit tight, but it works. Airstream service a bit busy and expensive but people want the best so it is always popular and you get what you pay for.
- Matt Morrow, Nevada

2020-09-30 2015 Airstream Sport 22FB Bambi View Listings

Husband and I lived in this for 4 consecutive summers and loved it. It is very cozy and the bed is super comfortable. We towed it from PA to NV up and over mountains in Co, WY, and UT. It is very easy to set up and being an Airstream, everything worked great.
- kquinn221, Idaho

2020-09-22 2011 Airstream Flying Cloud 23FB Queen View Listings

When we purchased our Airstream, we did extensive research and chose the 23 ft flying cloud because of the following: * Convenience: Fits in 90% of national park campgrounds. Very easy to tow; we towed it with our 2008 V8 gas Expedition with no problems. * Fit and Finish: Airstream is known for their build quality. Good resell because you are getting an Airstream that is quality built, reliable and can be passed down from generation to generation and continue to have high resell value. We've been very pleased with our Airstream.
- Tom Nguyen, Colorado

2020-09-04 2020 Airstream Atlas View Listings

Purchased the 2020 Atlas in October 2019, took it on its first real road trip in June 2020 only to have multiple things break on the van - one of which was the bathroom door brackets broke, the magnet they use did not work and it feel off all together. Drawers and cabinets did not stay closed even though locked, handle broke off the screen while driving, the outside storage cabinets would not unlock and the list goes on all while this had maybe 500 miles under its belt. As my husband would say, the bolts were on hand tight. We had to take it to a dealer in Washington to have them help with the bathroom door they found other issues and did not want to truly touch the van since it had so many issues. They helped us rig the door so we could finish our trip which was nice of them. The van has been at the dealer service for over a month with no phone call updates from them nor are they returning our calls. I would not suggest this vehicle or the dealer in Southern Cal off Beach Blvd.
- April Alexander, California

2020-08-31 2017 Airstream Bambi Sport 16RB View Listings

This was the perfect camper for our first camper. Everywhere we took it people stopped us to tell us how much they loved it. It really is iconic. It is very easy to tow, to set up, to break down, and to camp in. We love Airstreams!
- Tracy, South Carolina

2020-08-22 2016 Airstream Flying Cloud 26U View Listings

It was great I would still have it but I shoot trap and most of the trap shoots around the country have been cancelled. Easy to pull and where ever you go someone wants to look at the inside. They are easy to tow and quite as a mouse. When only the best will work get an Airstream!
- Bob Johnson, Texas

2020-08-10 2020 Airstream Flying Cloud 30FB Bunk View Listings

My 6th Airstream and quality and ease of towing superb. Finest interior and electronics. The solar keeps batteries charged when stored. The black flush really cleans tank. Awnings all around are great when raining.
- Hudson, Maine

2020-08-04 1956 Airstream Airstream Bubble Whale Tail View Listings

This roadworthy rare Airstream Whale Tail is one of the most sought after Airstreams. Sixteen feet and only 1750 Pounds. Pull it with anything. This will not only be great for camping and vacations, but it will appreciate, and be an incredible investment. Nothing out there compares to this beauty.
- Airstream Vintage Trailers, California

2020-07-20 2018 Airstream Interstate 3500 Grand Tour EXT View Listings

Garbage. Don't buy one. I spend $175,000 for this unit and it is continuously in the shop for a whole variety of reasons. The 3 year "limited" warranty is exactly that: Limited. After one year it won't cover parts and labor for components that were purchased and installed by Airstream to construct the motorcoach: Generator, AC, Heat, refrigerator, etc etc....basically the entire thing. I've run into other Airstream owners with the exact same complaints. I'm through with this thing and am trying to sell it. I could have purchased another Sprinter based RV for less then half of what I paid for this.
- David Sapia, California

2020-07-09 2016 Airstream Interstate 3500 EXT View Listings

I bought this Sprinter new from John’s RV in 2016, so I’ve had it four years. The first year the shower broke, the screen door will not stay on the track, and the automatic shades are impossible to keep fixed. The ride up front is ok, but you will bounce off of the back seat. The bed is good if you use a memory foam. It has a propane generator, but it is extremely loud. We only use it now for carrying extra passengers, and it is great for tailgating. I have also spent over two thousand dollars for sensors for the Mercedes engine. I hear the new ones have air suspension ride which I am sure is great, and probable cuts down on the rattling. I’m sure there are many satisfied owners, so read the other reviews.
- William Rush, South Carolina

2020-07-07 2015 Airstream Interstate 3500 EXT View Listings

Airstream 3500 EXT is high end stealth camping. You can have all the luxury of home while driving on roads and to attractions bigger RVs and trailers can not. Bed is super comfortable and the van is easy to drive and park using back up cameras.
- Gary Gonder, Oregon

2020-07-01 2018 Airstream Interstate Grand Tour EXT View Listings

Likes: Easy to drive and maneuver. Great on gas mileage. 17-20MPG, from mountains to flat plains. All safety features, lane assist, collision warning system, Mercedes quality cab, with Ultra leather (very soft and durable). Capable of pulling 5,000 lb, with the Mercedes diesel, no problems what so ever. One button to lower couch for sleeping. One lift on each jump seat, and you have a king size bed. Plenty of storage inside for two people. Great for traveling across the country... stay in BLM's, Cracker Barrels, and every fourth day get a traditional full hookup to dump tanks and take on fresh water. Instant hot water, no tank to keep hot. We moved down from a Diesel (Tiffen) pusher, and have greater flexibility going down town and parking. 20,000 mile oil change requirement (I did it at 10,000). Very easy to winterize. Dislikes: Propane fill is very low on the coach. Can not take family camping: this is a two man coach...very high end equipment. Two TV's makes no sense?! Rear TV sticks out in pathway 3".....Airstream could have done better. Can not launch a boat due to the generator being low near rear wheels....could get water in your oil (read this on the internet...not actual experience)
- Jan, South Carolina

2020-06-21 1979 Airstream Argosy View Listings

This Airstream towes like a dream and is and was very well maintained over the years for a 1979. She has awnings over all Windows and a large awning over the front and they all match blue.The body for a 1979 is in really good shape a few little digs here and there that gives her character.
- George, Ohio

2020-06-20 1959 Airstream Airstream Pacer View Listings

This is the epitome of baby-sized lightweight trailers for a family of four plus. Hard to find and a breeze to tow. I have had others but this one is specially restored and most of the little ones are gone.
- Larry, California

2020-06-16 2018 Airstream Interstate 3500 Grand Tour EXT View Listings

Had a leak in bathroom Jose it was fixed incorrectly last year. Same dealer ( Windish in Denver) says they can not fix it until August it’s June now.The dealer said I should haVe called sooner they’re to busy. How was I to know it would break again. You call airstream customer service your in a que of more than 10 calls in front of you.
- Susan fox, Colorado

2020-05-29 2019 Airstream Flying Cloud 30FB Bunk View Listings

The 30ft Flying Cloud FB Bunkhouse was the perfect choice for us in a travel trailer. We removed the rear double bed and that platform served our 3 yr old well as a play area. The bunk above is where she slept. My wife and I had our privacy in the front queen bedroom and both of these sleeping areas close off with a curtain or accordian-style door. We pulled this with a half ton Tundra which was more than adequate, even driving through the Sierra Nevada Mountains and California PCH1 on our cross country adventure. The Galley and bathroom were spacious with all the modern conveniences.
- Jim Pappas, Indiana