Airstream

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Airstream RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Phillips from Texas says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2016 Airstream International Serenity 23FB View Listings

I am not happy! When you spend 10s of thousands of dollars on an RV with the name of airstream you expect a level of quality beyond regular RVs. But that is NOT what we got! While I am happy with other qualities of our airstream, the shower leaves pools of water on the floor. The shower appears to not have been installed properly and certainly was not caulked properly since any shower produces pools of water on the floor that will ultimately ruin the flooring. We contacted our sales person whose response was well you can't expect our service guys to catch this without thanking a shower, ha, ha....well, we don't live near a dealer or service center so we are going to have to fix this...UNACCEPTABLE! Again, when you finally decide to INVEST in an Airstream, you expect a quality that we have NOT EXPERIENCED!
- Phillips, Texas

2021-05-18 2018 Airstream Flying Cloud 23FB View Listings

Best RV experience ever! Towing an Airstream is like nothing else, you sometimes forget you are towing. Very comfortable living space with all the comforts of home. Stylish and reliable, you feel very safe in it. We loved it!
- Lourdes Vazquez, Florida

2021-05-13 2020 Airstream Flying Cloud 23FB View Listings

Exceptional quality and workmanship throughout. Includes top of the line appliances, fixtures and products. Built to last many many years and handed down through the generations. There is no detailed spared when manufacturing or outfitting this Airstream - very impressive.
- Renee Hunter, California

2021-05-02 2020 Airstream Atlas Murphy Bed Tommy Bahama Limited Edition View Listings

Very goid craftsmanship and Quakity, Mercedes air ride chassis, , Air Ride, slide out, mire room than most Class B RV’s Con: very expensive for the square Feet. A bit sluggish on initial start off. Price price price
- Clifford Allenby, Florida

2021-04-30 2017 Airstream Flying Cloud View Listings

Beautiful, yet very pricy. I did not see any mention tow specs. i am trying to justify the cost here vs renovating a camper. What type of warranty as I see this unit is 4 years old? This is all I have to say.
- Patrick Maloney, Colorado

2021-04-13 2019 Airstream Atlas Murphy Suite View Listings

We moved from a small towable to a Class A to an Airstream Atlas. We travel as a couple with two dogs. There are always a few warranty issues in the beginning with all RVs. However, you will not be nine states away from home needing service and be told they can see you in eight weeks with an Atlas. You simply find a Mercedes dealership. And THAT is the biggest service difference. We have never been scheduled more than 72 hours out. In terms of quality, we have a 2019 Atlas and it has held up extremely well. The sofa footrests and bathroom door locks were design do-overs. Make sure you are buying from an experienced dealer if you will be obtaining service from same location. Everything installed into an RV comes with its own warranty no matter the brand. We have had good factory support outcomes, but warranty reps do sometimes try to make the service rep the bad guy, which is easily handled through direct communication. Our Class A was in the shop 10 out of 12 months. I will never go back. I love my Atlas. We can also maneuver little towns, restaurants and shops the bigger guys can’t. Great tailgater as well.
- Lynn Faulkner, Florida

2021-04-12 2019 Airstream Flying Cloud 23FB View Listings

We loved our Airstream. We are selling because we want to move to Hawaii and can’t take it with us. We are in Florida right now. We highly recommend Airstream. Builds extremely well. It tows like a dream behind my Dodge Ram. Don’t even know it’s back there.
- Michael Hockett, Florida

2021-04-12 2019 Airstream Classic 30RB Queen View Listings

There is much to like about an Airstream, I’ve owned 2 Airstreams and currently have their 2019 flagship Classic model. Beware, Airstream still uses numerous cheap parts that break. When you’re far away from home with no help the warranty doesn’t help. A quality parts last and don’t fail months after purchasing a new Classic. It easily ruin your trip. Beautiful RV, but too many cheap parts. Don’t get caught up in the “romance” of Airstream.
- D Travis, Nebraska

2021-04-07 2019 Airstream Sport 16RB View Listings

Very easy to pull. Windows make a small space feel huge. Comfortable to spend any amount of time in. Highly highly recommend. Airstream is a special club that you join the minute you buy. It is the best way to see the country.
- Rebeccca Horst, Maine

2021-04-04 2020 Airstream Interstate 24GL Tommy Bahama View Listings

We've really enjoyed this RV. A bit tight for really long stays, but perfect for several nights at a time, long drives, or tailgating. We had to replace the awning and it took a bit of time because of the overall popularity of these models. But we could still use it while waiting on the new one to come in. Had an issue with the Mercedes half of it on one trip, but called a Mercedes dealer in Wisconsin (where we were heading) and they knew exactly what it needed and had us in and out. Great experience with both Airstream and Mercedes overall.
- Todd Slawter, South Carolina

2021-03-30 2021 Airstream Flying Cloud 28RBT View Listings

The 28’ flying cloud rbt tows like a dream. Our f150 crew cab with max tow package and extended range fuel tank kept our at 14 mpg. Every fixture is quality and the cabinets are better than anything on the market. Storage for two is well organized and efficient. We have the dual hvac units but only needed the front one ( zone 2 with zone 1 fan at low ) to keep the whole thing warm. Service for minor warranty issues has be easy and quick. The only negative are the mattresses on the twin beds. At 6’1” and 190 lbs they’re a little thin but a 3” cool gel memory foam topper solved the problem.
- Hannah Nye, Tennessee

2021-03-25 2019 Airstream Atlas Murphy Suite View Listings

We love this RV. We used to have an Airstream Interstate, but found it too small. The Atlas has hit the sweet spot, at least for us. However, we’ve had our share of problems with it, such things as the shower door falling off; the sliding bathroom door falling off; the Murphy bed release switch breaking; airbag problems; and other related issues. There’s always something, and it seems we spend too much time at the dealership. Patience is definitely needed. Problems aside, it works for us
- Peter Fertig, California

2021-03-02 2020 Airstream Bambi 22FB View Listings

Great Travel trailer for a couple and small kids. Amazingly light and aerodynamic to pull with most tow equipped SUV’s. We like it so much that we upgraded to a larger Airstream after one trip! Our take on buying an airstream is that buying a very recent pre-owned airstream can be better than buying a new one because... all the factory kinks are usually worked out by the first owners, warranty is still valid, unit is usually upgraded by first owner and it offers a much better price quality ratio. But overall, really fun to travel in, most people love them and always great conversations to strike on the road or while camping.
- Stephan Bitton, Texas

2021-02-03 2003 Airstream Land Yacht 396XL View Listings

Airstream is the best. I bought this 39ft diesel motorhome as a single woman and have managed with no problems. The quality and craftsmanship of Airstream is second to none. I had total confidence that this diesel pusher with the Freightliner chassi would be solid and reliable, and I was right, even though it was a 2003. As a diesel I was happy it was well broken in. I’ve used it to live in, travel coast to coast, and later as my office adding WiFi boosters and antennae. Just like any home, I have upgraded and maintained the quality with the improvements. It has been totally Comfortable throughout with lots of features I appreciated. The storage, large shower, ample kitchen area, heating and cooling, and living space was just right for moving from my 4000sq ft house into the motorhome. I am thankful for the Airstream high level or workmanship!
- Nancy, Georgia

2021-01-21 2019 Airstream Flying Cloud 30RB Queen View Listings

I cannot recommend this 30 ft. RV highly enough. We have owned four other RV trailers, but this one ranks the elite of all. We really look forward to coming back to the RV after a long hike and stretching out on the couch with room for the two of us to fully stretch out on each wing of the couch. We have enjoyed the peacefulness as the ample insulation and sound construction provide a quiet enviroment. We really enjoyed this as well as the roomy dinette and all the windows that let in light and the beauty of the outside. The queen bed is the most comfortable one we ever experienced. The roomy shower with a bench seat is a plus and there is a separate roomy bathroom with lots of storage area. There are so many cabinets and storage spaces-more than needed even for long trips. There is a long counter and large sink in the kitchen with a convection oven/microwave that is top notch.Everything is solid and built to last. No worries of repairs. Plenty of room for guests as it has a full pull out sofa bed, and large dinette conversion bed in addition to the Queen. Truly a home away from home.
- susan, Massachusetts

2021-01-19 2019 Airstream International Serenity 27FB Queen View Listings

I have owned a 25 ft Airstream International Serenity since July. I have had zero problems with it. it worked great! I love the 25 ft length, makes it easy to tow. Perfect for a couple. We took two kids on a weekend trip and it worked well for us. I can't say anything bad about it! It is our first RV. The instructional videos from Airstream were helpful. Airstream is the best company, good quality and so many things in the design that made it easy for us to take our first trip with zero hitches.
- Paul Sasser, South Carolina

2021-01-13 2021 Airstream Basecamp 16X View Listings

Great little backroad trailer! good in winter as well. well built. ergonmic design. perfect for 2. great window views. quiet heater.read door is a plus. do not like to set up and take down bed. first time we have an indoor bathroom ...nice.. have not had reason to call factory on warrnty
- georgelozito, California

2021-01-09 2017 Airstream Flying Cloud View Listings

We have loved this Airstream. There is nothing like them, we have stayed in it at -10 below Fahrenheit and been warm. We have also camped in it at over 100 in the desert and the air conditioning kept us cool. The unit tows excellently and we have the tow bar system so you can pull it behind a Toyota Tacoma. The Airstream is easier to keep and they age beautifully as there are no fading plastic or peeling stickers on them. Everything works on this trailer.
- Justin Grimwood, Colorado

2021-01-06 1973 Airstream Sovereign View Listings

We have not had a minutes problem with this trailer. Tows very well. Everything is brand new on inside. Will make someone a great trailer! All systems work great from the vents to the plumbing and heaven.
- Paul Black, Indiana

2020-12-20 2020 Airstream Airstream Atlas View Listings

When we decided to buy an RV, we decided also to buy the best quality we could find. We had recently sold a quality boat and wanted to continue enjoying the pleasantries that come with good construction, appearance and utility. We also had an ancient history of Airstream life, as my parents had had one early one, had travelled with Wally Byamm and had taken my brother and I on cross country excursions for seven years while we were growing. So Airstream became our immediate first choice and after inspecting several Class B RVs from other manufacturers it was clear our choice was made. Not that there aren't some spectacular RVs out there, but when you get to Class B, the competition shrinks. Combining Airstream body quality with Mercedes chassis quality is a wonderful marriage. We do not yet have many travel miles and consequent experiences yet, but in the short time we have owned our Airstream Atlas, nicknamed Remedy after our boat, we're truly pleased with our decision. The nice thing about the size, as even with the slide out it is a compact cabin, is the versatility to move about at will. We've taken it into busy towns to buy groceries, driven through neighborhoods looking for a new homesite, with ease. I do think that having a tow vehicle is a plus in the long run, and we plan to add a mini-cooper convertible accordingly. The price tag of an Atlas is hefty, but if you can get there it's worth the ride.
- Tom Baldwin, Florida

2020-12-14 2004 Airstream Safari LX with Slide View Listings

I love our Airstream, if it was not for the change in our goals, I would never agree to sale it. I always feel at home when we travel. When we travel, I have to check to make sure it is still behind us. We have met so many new friends. I love the slide it gives us so much more space🍀 Because our Airstream is a 2004 it does not come with a factory warranty. This is the only reason, I could not give it a 5 Star. I have called the factory and everyone tried to help me, very friendly 😊
- Dawn, California

2020-11-25 2019 Airstream Basecamp 16X View Listings

IT'S AN AIRSTREAM!!!!! This is the only off-road trailer Airstream makes. Specifically it is made to boondock. Solar panels on roof, large 9,000 BTU A/C, and set up for sub freezing temps. The furnace is propane and has a 12v system for the tanks to keep them from freezing. This thing will go anywhere!!!!
- joseph mathis, Texas

2020-10-31 2020 Airstream Atlas View Listings

This has been our very first RV experience of any kind. We have had the Atlas for 5 months, and have spent 20 nights in it and about 5,000 miles. We've had a few minor problems that I fixed myself. After reading of some problems others had I emailed customer support and asked if they could identify any common problems that I might run into, and what I could do to be prepared. They promptly sent me information about some replacement fuses I could keep on hand, and a replacement pin for the automatic steps. I haven't needed either. I've owned many new cars and I realize that on such complicated machines there will be problems and adjustments needed. The Atlas is even more complicated, so it shouldn't be a surprise that things might happen. But (knock wood) I've been very happy with the Atlas and the responses I've gotten when I've communicated with customer service with questions. I've had many compliments from other rv'ers, and I love the conveniences and ease of setup and moving.O
- DVL, North Carolina

2020-10-25 2021 Airstream Airstream Atlas View Listings

My Airstream Atlas Nightmare I received my Atlas on August 29, 2020 and that's the date my nightmare began. A list of the issues with my brand new Atlas after first taking delivery are below: 1. Cummins Onan RV QD 3200 generator not working at all. 2. Battery charging system it's not charging the battery properly. 3. The Magnum MMS1012 is not properly set-up for the lithium battery and does not meet the specifications to charge Battle Born 100Amp lithium batteries) 4. When the house battery becomes depleted, everything inside is shut down and nothing works. The manual suggests turning on the chassis engine for a few minutes to charge it. This function did not work. Meaning you can be stuck with no power and nothing electronic working in RV even when you connect to external power! 5. Victron Energy MPPT Control locked up and not working. 6. Sliding door not properly installed and broken. 7. Folding Stairs sometimes do not work properly. 8. Cannot connect to the solar charging system APP 9. Shelving in the storage compartment is incorrect size and falling down to the second compartment. 10. Pantry storage compartment not proper lock, opening on every turn. 11. Several door hinges broken. 12. Skylight occasionally not closing properly. 13. Manual describes a completely different inverter charger controller. A list of additional issues I found during first trip are below: 14. Power Stabilizer Jacks completely locked out and not functioning. 15. Skylight broken cannot even open. 16. The site storage compartment door is broken and cannot open. 17. Echomaster mirror monitors with sight cameras and parking sensors are very old technology, with low resolution, very low brightness, and are extremely slow. It takes two to three seconds from turning the signal to seeing the image in the mirror, which is an incredibly long time while driving. Driving in the daylight when the sun is out, you can barely see the image and when you put on sunglasses it is virtually impossible to see. When you put bicycle carrier racks hitch mount, you get attention blinking on a screen all the time, which is very distracting and and no way to clear or disable this warning. 18. The wires inside the control cabinet are loose and make a lot of noise while driving, creating an additional distraction. I am incredibly frustrated and disappointed with the profound lack of service and quality from Airstream, its Los Angeles Dealership, and in the Atlas itself. This vehicle has a lot of gadgets and gizmos, but the core systems are faulty and unreliable. In an RV, the single most important consideration should be protecting from the complete discharge of a battery because it can leave people stranded without heat or power in remote areas and in potentially dangerous weather conditions. This was not considered and so it is very easy for the battery to drain, leaving all those gadgets non-functional. The generator, solar system for charging the battery, and the controller for charging the battery do not work as they should and these are all very important systems that should be reliable and even have redundancy. This is in addition to the many quality, design, assembly, and service issues I have done my best to describe above that affect virtually every system in this Atlas to some extent. This vehicle is only suitable for driving and I already have a car for that. It is not suitable for, not can it be depended on, to work as an RV.
- Karol, California

2020-10-21 2011 Airstream Interstate 3500 View Listings

This vehicle has everything we want in an easy to drive RV. The queen-sized bed is very comfortable. We leave the bed up all the time, not needing to set it up each night. Airstream does a great job with the appliances. We have added a TV antenna, a bike rack with basket that holds 2 bikes (can hold 4), 2 inflatable kayaks, 2 beach chairs and a bag containing a portable gas grill and Coleman stove. The swing arm on the bike rack still allows access to the vehicle's rear doors, and makes it easier to load the bikes and other items. This vehicle fits in the width of a normal parking spot, but needs more than 1 length. TV swing arm allows us to watch TV outside as well as inside. We have removed the 2 second row seats to build in storage and working space, but will include the seats with the sale. The fronts seats swivel to face the back for us to eat or watch TV. The is very little wasted space. Standard Airstream features include a generator, 2 burner propane stove, kitchen sink, microwave / convection oven, small refrigerator and even a build in coffee maker. There is even an outside shower! You can even take a shower in the bathroom. The air conditioner / heater and ceiling vent fan keep the vehicle as warm or cold as you might like. We have taken this RV from Northern New England to as far west as California, and all across the south from Florida to Texas, Arizona and New Mexico. My wife really enjoys driving this vehicle, all 5'2" of her.
- Larry Hersh, New Hampshire