Northwood

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Northwood RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Paige Whitworth from Arizona says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2017 Northwood Arctic Fox 27-5L View Listings

4 months after having our unit we had issues with cooling off the inside. Outside temp 109, inside 101. assumed it was due to being to hot. Found out there was no insulation around refrigerator or in the cap so heated air was blowing in from the outside from out vanity bedroom drawers. The AC was also not installed completely causing the cold air to reverse and froze out AC unit. In trying to figure out what we thought we were doing wrong I called the dealership in Mesa, AZ who, after this ordeal that took over 8 months to figure out, has a better business rating of "F", they told me to, and this is literally, "Suck it up". I called Northwood and they would not help us where we were that had an onsite service center and stated that if we had any work done, they would not cover it. We ended up, at the start, sitting for 7 hours in our running truck with our dogs due to the high heat, had to buy an apartment window AC unit just to try and cool off the bed so we could drive the next morning, and buy a box fan to try and keep the flow of air circulating. At this time we didn't know the issues but frustrating none the less. We also had issues with drawer bottoms falling out with light load, screws constantly coming lose on drawer handles, the bedroom drawer constantly coming off the track, and the shower was leaking which was caused by poor installation and had to be reset and resealed. Northwood did cover the items when we got it back but as for helping on the road, they were of no help nor would they reimburse despite the fact that these issues were not our doing and the unit came from the factory that way.
- Paige Whitworth, Arizona

2021-10-16 2006 Northwood Arctic Fox 860 View Listings

We bought our Arctic Fox new in 2006. It was built in the Winchester, Virginia plant, which I think has closed. Overall, it was well built and reliable, but nothing is perfect. 1. One of the axles was defective, and kept blowing up tires. It took quite an effort to find someone to fix it, partly because no one would believe me, but after getting it straightened, we never had another tire explode. 2. The big slide failed one day, fortunately when parked at home. I replaced the drive motor and gears, and figured out that the slide was riding on a piece of steel rather than what it was supposed to. 3. I found that the gaps around the fridge where devoid of insulation or any kind of seal. Fixed it myself. 4. The decals failed very early, in year four of our ownership. We stripped them off and bought new decals. What a pain that was. Overall, we really liked our AF, despite the problems, and kept it until 2019.
- Carl Fetterman, Idaho

2021-09-13 2009 Northwood Nash 21R View Listings

Seeing a few posts related to springs and axles failing. Figured to add my experiences. A few years back I had springs break on my '09 NASH 21R a 1/4 mile from the house after an 1100 mile trip. I got VERY lucky being able to limp it home to the barn. I replaced both axles and springs. Upgraded from #3500 dual to #5200 dual axles and springs(Lippert)and also upgraded from stock equalizers to Road Armor tandem axle equalizers. So far so good. Love the trailer in all other aspects and plan to own it for quite some time. I expect no further issues with the running gear. CH Tie Siding, WY
- chris harvey, Wyoming

2021-09-09 2018 Northwood Arctic Fox 1140 View Listings

I am a strong supporter of the Arctic Fox 1140 camper. I have had one for over 3 years and the only issues I have had was an improperly wired fuse which was quickly corrected by the dealer, and a drawer slide that lost its bearings. This too was quickly repaired by the dealer. I do a lot of dry camping and the generator, solar panels and tank capacity (F 59gal, G 35gal and B 43 gal) are great benefits. I also usually spent 10 to 14 days winter camping and the 4 season capability with heated tanks, large closet for hanging coats and storing boots (wet bath) is welcomed. I keep the thermostat set at 58 deg F and the dual 12v battery bank runs the heater, fridge, and lights for 24hours without requiring the generator. We installed a 2 inch "keep cool" mattress topper and sleep wonderfully. The slide out allows two people to be in the camper without continually stepping over one another. I have frequently commented to friends that it is simply unbelievable that something that fits in the back of a pickup bed can be so roomy and have that much storage. The Fox steps are indispensable when towing. The 1140 is our second Arctic Fox Camper our first was a 990. We looked at every manufacturer we could find before making our first purchase. As far as I am concerned you cannot find a better built quality camper on the market. The fit and finish are excellent. Cabinets are residential quality, and there are lots of them. There are some with fancier counter tops and more expensive seating but none provide the value of the Arctic Fox.
- Steve Blair, Washington

2021-08-29 2019 Northwood Arctic Fox 811 View Listings

The Northwood Arctic Fox 811 is full of features and quality that should be in a truck camper. It is pretty tall though, and being a shorter older guy,it is difficult to reach the propane tanks for refilling. I would like to see a connection to fill the tanks in place. That said it is fine for a younger person or a tall person to reach and manage. The camper is otherwise equipped with lots of thoughtful ideas to make camping fun. Quality is first rate and will last many years. Its time for me to pursue other plans and let someone else enjoy this Arctic Fox 811.
- Ervin Hagerup, Arizona

2021-08-07 2017 Northwood Nash 25C View Listings

We spend roughly 6-8 weeks a year camping in BC on Vancouver Island. The Nash tows great through lots of windy roads. We found the floor plan to be a good layout. However, we are not happy with the quality. Already have spent over 6K on repairs and find that it is built with low quality parts. The rock guard on the front end is also a poor design, as it warps in the heat, then creates a leak that allows the all the water to run down the front end and directly into the framework. Surely this can be designed more robust. Considering these are higher costs then their competitor, it was disappointing that they did not stand up their claims of quality.
- Dean Trethewey, British Columbia

2021-07-17 2019 Northwood Nash 25C View Listings

Spacious camping trailer! Has all the amenities plus you'd need for amazing camping adventures. -Dimensions Length 28.67 ft. (344 in.) Width8 ft. (96 in.) -Height 11.67 ft. (140 in.) -Weight Dry Weight 5,700 lbs. -Payload Capacity 2,300 lbs. -GVWR 8,000 lbs. -Hitch Weight 555 lbs. -Holding Tanks Number Of Fresh Water Holding Tanks 1Total Fresh Water Tank Capacity50.0 gal. -Number Of Gray Water Holding Tanks 1 Total Gray Water Tank Capacity42.0 gal. -Number Of Black Water Holding Tanks 1Total Black Water Tank Capacity35.0 gal. -Propane Tanks Number Of Propane Tanks 2 Total Propane Tank Capacity 14.0 gal. -Total Propane Tank Capacity 60 lbs. -ConstructionBody MaterialWoodSidewall ConstructionFiberglass -Doors Number of Doors2Sliding Glass DoorNo -Slide outs Number of Slide outs 1 Power Retractable Slide out Yes -AwningNumber of Awnings 1Power Retractable Awning Yes -Leveling Jack TypeFront Manual / Rear Manual -Kitchen / Living AreaKitchen / Living Area Flooring Type -Vinyl Kitchen Table Configuration U-shaped Dinette Kitchen Location CenterLiving Area Location Center -Oven / StoveLayout Stove Number Of Oven Burners 3 Overhead FanYes -Refrigerator Refrigerator Size Mid-Size Refrigerator -Power Mode Electric / Propane -Sofa Number Of Sofas 1 Sofa Material Cloth -Beds Max Sleeping Count 6 -Number Of Bunk Beds 2 -Queen Size Beds 1 / Sofa Beds1 Master Bedroom Master Bedroom Flooring Type Vinyl Master Bedroom Door Style Curtain Full Size Master Bedroom Closet NoMaster Bedroom Mirror DoorsNoMaster Bedroom Shades / CurtainsYesMaster Bedroom Location Front Bunk house-Yes BathroomNumber Of Bathrooms1Bathroom Flooring TypeVinylBathroom LocationCenter ToiletToilet TypePorcelain ShowerDoor TypePlastic / Glass WheelsWheels CompositionAluminumNumber Of Axles2 TiresRear Tire (Full Spec)ST225/75R15 Brakes Front Brake TypeNot Applicable Rear Brake TypeElectric Drum Battery Battery Power Converter Yes Prewiring Air Conditioning Prewiring Yes Cable Prewiring Yes Phone Prewiring No Heat Prewiring Yes TV Antenna PrewiringYesSatellite Air ConditioningAir Conditioning Type AutomaticAir Conditioning 13,500 BTUs Heater Heater Type Automatic Heater 25,000 BTUs Water Heater TankWater Heater Tank Capacity 10 g Water Heater Pump Power ModeElectrical / PropaneWater Heater Tank Bypass - yes Emergency Exit(s)Number Of Emergency exits - 1 Speakers Speaker Location(s)Interior / ExteriorSurround Sound Yes CD Player yes
- aaron lazar, Colorado

2021-06-27 2008 Northwood Nash 25S View Listings

By far the worst RV we ever purchased. This 5th wheel was the first RV we bought new. Our fourth trip, 6 cupboards fell off, had to drill out hinge holes and replace screws with nuts and bolts. Square landing gear rod was put on backwards. AC quite working after fourth time we used it!!! This was one month after warranty ran out!!
- Ron Black, Colorado

2021-06-11 2006 Northwood Arctic Fox 990 Wet Bath View Listings

I’ve had many RV’s and the Arctic Fox is the best built one I’ve had. I really like the insulation properties. I’ve had it in 10 below in the winter and 120 in the summer and was always fine and comfortable.
- Tim Michaels, Nevada

2021-06-11 2021 Northwood Fox Mountain View Listings

Multiple members of Family became seriously ill sleeping in slideout where the propane refrigerator and foldout couch is located Wanted to return trailer as don’t trust Unacceptable response from Northwood Manufacturing will result in litigation Please be very careful as even small amounts of propane can be deadly and you can’t count on this Manufacturer
- Michael Zebrowski, Colorado

2021-06-08 2019 Northwood Arctic Fox 25W View Listings

So I bought this trailer in Dec 2019...I have 3 main issues:..#1.this isn't an all weather trailer without some important modification s...the black and grey tanks don't come with heated tanks...unless you order from the factory..tanks have to be removed to install the heat tape....#2..the lower end refrigerator by Norcold shuts down in very cold or hot weather..(now i inow why only a 1 year warranty)...they don't tell you that in the manuals but the engineers know it..its a big problem if you use your trailer alot....temps above 90° or below 30° you will have problems.. freezing spots in the refrigerator part or temps above 40° to no refrigeration at all...#3... you cannot dry camp more than 3 days because the batteries won't make it....the refrigerator won't work or the propane heater won't operate without 12volts...so you need to leave your vehicle connected to recharge your trailer batteries or buy a generator...this model doesn't come with one on board..not an option..(big mistake).. you will need solar power or both. The malfunctioning refrigerator is the most frustrating... moving food in and out of it while camping... major pain-in-the-ass...So to sum it up this trailer isn't an all-weather trailer as advertised without serious add-ons...I don't know what to do about the refrigerator...is barely over one year old.
- Mark S Dirstine, Montana

2021-06-03 2013 Northwood Arctic Fox 27-5L Silver Fox View Listings

Excellent quality and design. Very good floor plan. Easy to tow, easy to hitch to and set up. Fit and finish is very good. Suspension and frame are top notch. A lot of storage space. Quality exterior, stylish interior
- Randy, Idaho

2021-05-16 2015 Northwood Arctic Fox 295T View Listings

This is our second Arctic Fox 5th wheel, and definitelywon'tbe our last. Fit and finish is clean and tight.. There were no warranty issues like other nightmare trailers we have owned.. The quality is second to none!
- Robert Florian, Michigan

2021-05-06 2015 Northwood Nash 24M View Listings

We bought the trailer brand new in 2015 and actually like it quite well. Great layout. Good quality. Not bad to pull. The problem we had is that at one of the door openings (it has two) the floor went soft. We had to take it in to get the floor replaced. The factory had missed sealing this entire door so whenever it rained it seeped in and affected the floor. You couldn't see the damage, it's all covered up. It took some time to make the floor go bad but eventually the area around the door got soft. It cost $1,500 to repair what should never have happened in the first place. We never got a response from Nash....
- Dale Lembke, Oregon

2021-04-15 2019 Northwood Nash 17K View Listings

I did my research before buying the Nash. There is a lot of junk being built out there these days and the reviews reflect that. The Northwoods products had high praise and return buyers, so I made the plunge. I have not been disappointed. I drove this trailer from coast to coast and it took great care of me. Everything worked as it should, it handled well in the mountains, and kept me warm in below zero weather. The build quality is good and in 7000 miles of traveling I haven't had to make any repairs or have warranty work done. After hearing all the nightmare stories of other brands and seeing how cheaply comparable trailers were built, I am glad I spent the extra money for the Nash. You get what you pay for. Pros: Good build quality, stable with shocks on the axles, Perfect length- didn't have to unhitch at most pullthrough sites, 4 seasons, big holding tanks, prewired solar Cons: No dealers nearby, a bit more expensive than comparable sized trailers. I would recommend this trailer with no hesitation and buy a Northwoods product in the future.
- Jay Paulson, Illinois

2021-04-06 2015 Northwood Arctic Fox 25Y View Listings

This is my favorite Rv Trailer. I did consumer reports before I purchased 2015 Northwood Artic Fox 25y brand new.So much storgage inside and just cozy and comfortable for traveling. I would recommend any Artic Fox.
- Julie Bowen, Washington

2021-03-31 2007 Northwood Arctic Fox Silver Fox 29FT View Listings

We purchased our Silver Fox trailer about five years ago. The huge 42 inch slide in the living room dining room allows us room to have company and a dog without getting in each other's way. We are the third owner and everything works great. Have had no problems with it. I highly recommend getting one with the bedroom slid to give more room for storage.
- Connie Morrill, Oregon

2021-03-29 2015 Northwood Arctic Fox 25Y View Listings

Bought the Artic Fox 25y at the Seattle RV show. We have traveled cross country have done the Oregon coast and the Arizona desert. We pulled the trailer with a Ford F350 SD with the 6.7L diesel engine and the trailer was wonderful to tow, easy to set up, has plenty of storage and very comfortable to live in. We love the layout and especially the separate toilet room. We would highly recommend Artic Fox as the quality is excellent.
- John Bowen, Washington

2021-03-15 2019 Northwood Wolf Creek 850 View Listings

Overall really great camper. Bought new and had minimal defects but working with Northwood for the warranty work was super easy. Lots of counter space for the kitchen, the dinette was moderately comfortable but its gets a little cramped with the table sticking so far out (wish you could move the table to more places). Really enjoyed this camper, fits perfectly on 3/4 ton truck
- Zackary, California

2021-02-06 2018 Northwood Arctic Fox 25R View Listings

Bought it new. Full timers. Came with every option including generator. Had a significant list of squawks. Frame was rusting. Drawers needed repairing. Other little stuff that I took care of. I was impressed by the frame strength -- very good. I have been doing many upgrades. We removed the short wall at the foot of the bed. Stupid design. We treated and repainted frame with Por 15 products.(lots of work). I added 7 inches of isopoly insulation boards under front half of trailer in large empty spaces. (R40 anyone?) Upgraded to Moryde IS with disc brakes. (They are the best.) Later found water freezing up at 20 degrees F. There was about 15 feet of un-insulated vinyl hose from fresh water tank to pump. Duhh. That was freezing up. Put heat tape on it. Then insulated the heck out of it. Removed back half coplast underbelly, installed extra Ultra Heat pads on tanks and dump valves. Added lot's of pink insulation everywhere and closed it up with 2 to 4 inches of isopoly insulation boards under tanks and enclosed full underbelly. Used eternabond to seal everything up. Painted it with black enamel. Put lots of insulation behind from headboard of bed. Was very cold area lacking much insulation. Plastic film over the dual pane windows. Door blanket over door. Solar, large screen TV and satellite too. 600 ah Lithium battery bank, inverter, b to b charger. Anyway, this is now the warmest, tightest, most comfortable trailer i have every owned. I do not skirt it because we travel a lot. It is 6 degrees as i write this. 80 degrees inside trailer. (We have spent most of our lives in the tropics and like it very warm.) One small electric space heater and one dehumidifier keeping it nice and warm and dry. At this temp of 6, once every two hours or so, the lp furnace will cycle for just a few minutes. Above 10 degrees no lp furnace needed at all. Attention to detail, added lots of insulation, and a good design to start with. I think (guess) this trailer is good to 30 below now. I will test it to -12 F below in two nights. It tows like a dream. Have pulled it is 50 MPH crosswinds with F250 -- no problem, no sway. Coated outside with nano ceramic coating. Bugs don't stick. Have boondocks for three weeks at a time in it. (Tank size sets the outside limit without blueboy and water bladder backup.) Can access everything with slide in. Great for rest area naps. It is a heavy trailer. Well built but they could put more attention to details. Overall, I won't trade this trailer for anything I else I have seen. With my many mods, it is my castle on wheels and I love it. Would not trade it for Airstream or any other trailer that is 27 feet. Took some work, and some money, but I think this unit now is the best. It is NOT for sale!
- wertz, Illinois

2021-01-29 2016 Northwood Desert Fox 21SW View Listings

This camper is very comfortable and the quality is outstanding. I love all the storage space for helmets, gear etc. The kitchen cupboards accommodate all the pots and pans and food that you need. The fridge is very large and works great! Having a full bathtub is a bonus and bathroom has a large cabinet for all your clothes. The fuel station and air compressor is a must and came in handy on several trips. This camper is top notch quality compared to others. 4 season polar package and all tanks are insulated! Pulls great down the road.
- Carolyn johnson, Montana

2021-01-27 2016 Northwood Desert Fox 21SW View Listings

Love the design and layout. When our toys are unloaded we sit on the back patio and enjoy. Plenty of room on the 2 beds and very cozy with our thick pad. The storage is amazing for helmets, gear, food and pots a d pans. I love having the full bath tub. Electric awnings are so nice to have. Top notch cabinets and all the appliances. The quality of this camper is uncomparable to others. All seasons with the artic package really holds in the heat. The underneath is completely insulated also. Sturdy tight camper!Pulls great
- Carolyn johnson, Montana

2021-01-25 2019 Northwood Arctic Fox 990 View Listings

Previously had an older Skyline Weekender camper that was getting to old to fix. Frame issues, leaks etc. So I started looking at another used rig but didn't find anything that was exactly what I wanted. I then started seriously looking at most of the top brands new models and narrowed it down to four different manufacturers. Northern Lite, Bigfoot, Adventurer, and Arctic Fox. So I sent out some exploratory e-mails to a few different RV dealers to see what was available. That same evening , I think a Sunday no less I received a response from the GM at Apache Camping Center in Portland and he said that he had all four of my choices on his lot available to view side by side. This was May of 2018. A week later the wife and I flew up from San Diego and had an appointment for the following morning. So we show up the next day and meet with the GM and discuss what were looking for and he assigned one of their knowledge salesmen to walk us through the different campers and would answer any questions we had. Wasn't sure about a slide-out or not but was open to the idea. Looking at the Adventurer it looked nice but it had a slide-out on the drivers side and that was a deal breaker. Wouldn't be able to park on side of street and extend side as it would be in into traffic, Strike 1. Looked at a Bigfoot they had and it was nice but the facing dinette was small on one side so no way four people could sit side by side, Strike 2. Next up was the Northern lite and they had a couple different models. No slide which was ok and I liked the back porch area and the fit and finish was top notch but I didn't care for the large windows or the way they functioned. Not my cup of tea. So strike 3. Last but not least was the Arctic fox models 811,865, and the 990. Unfortunately the wife and I went into the 990 first and that was all she rote. With the slide out extended and the arched ceiling there was so much more room inside it wasn't funny. The dinette seats were large and the same sizes. The windows (double pane) were tinted and functioned like I wanted. The skylights were a bonus in the main salon and bathroom. But one of the biggest option it had that was available was ordering just the 3 burner stove top and having 2 large drawers below where the oven would of been to store all the cooking pots pans etc. Decided on the Convection / Microwave combo and a few other items and went inside to make the deal. So after deciding on everything we wanted and being told it would be ready for pick-up in 5 weeks we left a deposit to start the build and agreed to come back when it was ready. About 5 weeks exactly the wife and I drove up to pick it up ( took two days) and showed up when they opened and spent a bit of time inspecting to make sure all was ok and then went in to sign papers and pay the remaining balance and then went outside and loaded up on my truck. Luckily the truck was already set up with Forklift tie-downs, Front and Rear BR Sway bars, Airlift 5000 airbags and 1 ton rear springs and this is on a 2004 Ford F250 supercab. It took us 4 days to get back home taking our time and seeing some friends along the way. This past year I sold the 04' F250 and got a 19' F350 CCSRW with all the same mods that my 3/4t had and couldn't be happier. Been down to Baja a number of times as well as AZ, NM and all around Cali. Purchased a 2000k propane/gas generator that fits in the Gen storage area ( cost $600 instead of 4k from the dealer ) and added 510w of solar on the roof this thing is pretty self sufficient when going off grid. Was planning to do the Pacific Northwest this past year but that got nixed. Hopefully this year will be better. LOVE THE CAMPER and the dealer was great and we got a great deal. Only issue I have had was the check valve in the fresh water pump was sticking so Northwood sent me a new one for free and I installed it took all of an hour. Fixed the check valve and now have a spare.
- Mike Green, California

2020-12-28 2020 Northwood Nash 21K View Listings

Nash21 review In early 2020, my wife and I replaced our 2015 Forest River A-frame camper, with a Northwood, Nash 21K. Although we had a lot of adventures with that A-frame, and it always served us well, it had gotten to the point where it started to feel as small and compact as a Hobbit hole in the Shire hillsides. And to make matters worse, trying to dead-lift the 200# plus roof assembly, was about as arduous and frightening for us, as it must have been for Frodo Baggins, trying to make it to Mordor, to cast his ring of power into the volcano under Mt. Doom. We bought our new Nash at Thunder RV in La Grande, Oregon. Thunder RV sells Nash campers, as well as Arctic Fox Toy Haulers. Plus, they also sell Keystone products. Northwood builds Nash and Arctic Fox products right in La Grande, and Keystone, is built just up the road in Pendleton, Oregon. And of course, as everyone knows, Pendleton was put on the map years ago, thanks to the Pendleton Woolen Mills, and the fine wool products they make. The Nash served us very well this year, and we put around 4,000 miles on it, and spent over 20 days on the road. It came with a 20-watt solar panel, and we added an additional 70-watt panel on the roof top. With a mere 90 watts of output, (on a sunny day!) we were able the keep the 2-12-volt RV batteries charged, letting us dry camp several nights along the Yellowstone, and other Montana rivers in September, as we headed east to the Dakota States. Other than a small problem with the 12-volt electric awning extending properly, the Nash performed flawlessly, and I would recommend Nash Camper products to anybody! And for what it is worth, we would recommend Thunder RV anytime…and while you are in La Grande, you may also be to take a tour of the Northwood factory, if you get there at the right time and day! And it is always a hit to drive up to Pendleton and visit the Woolen Mills Outlet Store!
- djmurphy0853, Washington

2020-12-22 2019 Northwood Arctic Fox 29-5K View Listings

We bought a 2020 Unit to find out that they upgraded some things so they could sell it as a 2020. We did not want the massage recliners, the specs said trifold couch so it only sleeps 2 people now. The other recliners are junk, the back is broke in half one one of them. 3 days after we bought it the power board for the refrigerator broke so it only works one 115 volts now and not on gas. I talked to the warranty people and was told it’s a norcold problem and they don’t warranty individual appliances. I talk to norcold and got the big runaround, still no gas operation and can’t get them to talk to the RV people in town to get it fixed. Day 1 we stopped to eat and the fan blades and screws were on the floor. We had to buy a fold out couch and not sure what to do about the broken recliner. We asked for the optional A/C and was told sorry there are non available. They installed a horrible magnifying mirror in the bathroom as a rip off upgrade, it went in the trash. We did not get what the original specification sheet said was in it and feel very ripped off. I found 20 stripped cabinet screws and had to epoxy them in the holes. The tv in the living room flops around and if you don’t hold it back against while putting the slide out it will catch and rip the tv out of the wall and destroy the trim on the slide out. We talked to the dealer where we bought it and got no response except to call whoever made the furniture and appliances to get warranty. This is so far been impossible to achieve as no one backs their products. We don’t know what to do or how to get satisfaction for a badly engineered and subpar furniture and appliances. I had to move the shower head assembly from the middle of the stall and put it on the corner so the water actually hits you now. They installed it above the seat that’s to small to sit on and it was impossible to take a shower the way it was made. The company needs to fire all their engineers and find better vendors for appliances and if someone would help us it would be nice. In my opinion no one should purchase a Northwood made RV and we are out $60,000 for this piece of junk. Maybe someone at the company will read this and make amends but we don’t think this will happen because we just get the runaround from everyone.
- Russell Larsen, New Mexico