Northwood RVs Reviews (85)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Northwood RVs Reviews and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of these RVs.

Paige Whitworth from Arizona says:

Have you owned any Northwood RVs? Write a review

Voted Most Helpful Review 2017 Northwood Arctic Fox 27-5L View Listings

4 months after having our unit we had issues with cooling off the inside. Outside temp 109, inside 101. assumed it was due to being to hot. Found out there was no insulation around refrigerator or in the cap so heated air was blowing in from the outside from out vanity bedroom drawers. The AC was also not installed completely causing the cold air to reverse and froze out AC unit. In trying to figure out what we thought we were doing wrong I called the dealership in Mesa, AZ who, after this ordeal that took over 8 months to figure out, has a better business rating of "F", they told me to, and this is literally, "Suck it up". I called Northwood and they would not help us where we were that had an onsite service center and stated that if we had any work done, they would not cover it. We ended up, at the start, sitting for 7 hours in our running truck with our dogs due to the high heat, had to buy an apartment window AC unit just to try and cool off the bed so we could drive the next morning, and buy a box fan to try and keep the flow of air circulating. At this time we didn't know the issues but frustrating none the less. We also had issues with drawer bottoms falling out with light load, screws constantly coming lose on drawer handles, the bedroom drawer constantly coming off the track, and the shower was leaking which was caused by poor installation and had to be reset and resealed. Northwood did cover the items when we got it back but as for helping on the road, they were of no help nor would they reimburse despite the fact that these issues were not our doing and the unit came from the factory that way.
- Paige Whitworth, Arizona

2019-12-03 2016 Northwood Arctic Fox 25R View Listings

We bought a 2016 brand new Acrtic fox and right away we found 29 problems.We called the usa factory in Utah and he was the most rudeness ass in the world. Could not help us with nothing.All he kept telling us was oh it should of never been built like that We were like no kidding. Example of 29 items broken.The kitchen sink is cracked,the otter cover at the front was not screwed in 4 missing bolts. Parts coming apart like the bed frame etc. We would NEVER buy any Actic Fox again.
- Diana Godfrey , British Columbia

2019-11-29 2007 Northwood Arctic Fox 1150 View Listings

I can’t say enough good things about the Arctic Fox 1150 camper. It is truly a 4 season unit. It is not uncommon for us to camp in it for 2 months a year. We bought it new and we have put 145,000 miles on it. No structural issues period. Only damage incurred was caused by other people, like getting backed into the slide when slide was extended. It caused minor damage and we had to replace the drive gears, rollers and motor. As usual, they drove off and my insurance had to take care of it. I have resealed the roof twice and the exterior seams at 8 years. I also replaced all exterior lights as I was not about to reseal in the old lights that the sun was starting to deteriorate. Exterior lights are now LED units. The interior bulbs are also now LED. The bottom plywood behind the rear tires surfaced failed at 100K miles but the side skirts and walls were totally dry. I replaced the plywood with ABS plastic sheeting and put thicker plywood on the storage compartment floors. I also put drains in the rear bottom ABS in case there is a failure in the tanks or plumbing. All appliances, heater, pump, AC, and water heater are original with no issues. I have had to take apart and clean the pump twice due to algae contamination. This is a Great unit and we kept it when we bought an Arctic Fox 29-5K. Now we can choose how we want to travel and camp.
- K. Klosterman, Washington

2019-11-01 2017 Northwood Nash 25C View Listings

I own a Northwood Nash 25C for just over a year. The Nash is a perfect RV for a couple with children or a single person, due to the layout; bunk beds, a queen bed, and the dinette turns into a bed as well. I have not had any problems with the RV. I have taken it off-road on several occasions for dry-camping. I spent weeks out in the woods or up a mountain without any issues. This RV stays warmer longer in winter (I got caught in a couple of winter storms in Colorado) and stays cold longer in the summer heat ( weeks spent in Florida during summer). Based on other reviews I would say that attention to detail has not been Northwood's strong point of late. But I am handy and the items that needed tucking in or re-gluing were easy fixes. Overall I have not had any real issues with my NASH 25C.
- Denise Smith, Georgia

2019-10-18 2020 Northwood Arctic Fox 29-5T View Listings

Great Fifth Wheel, only one complaint. The antenna is 12 inches tall, located on the highest point of the roof on the right side. It is a saucer on a narrow pillar so any low hanging branch will break it.
- Phil Clark, Washington

2019-10-05 1999 Northwood Nash 25s View Listings

We bought a used 1999 Nash 5th Wheel. We love it. Everything works great. Nice spacious floor plan, we are very comfortable in it. No complaints. We are very impressed with it. Lots of cupboards and storage.
- Sharon, British Columbia

2019-09-09 2006 Northwood Arctic Fox 860 View Listings

I have been Camping a long time since i was 5 years of age and today ar 54 I still love the fresh air fun loving friends getogethers camping out over a cold one enjoying eachothers stories laughing over a nice crackling bon-fire...I will always camp !! Its in the blood'and owning a nice rv really allows you to enjoy yourself the more.....
- Tina Samra, Michigan

2019-08-25 2019 Northwood Arctic Fox 29-5K View Listings

We were upgrading from our travel trailer and did a lot of research. We had our eye on Arctic Fox and Solitude. Seriously considered both and felt like the Arctic Fox was made well and would best meet our needs as full timers. We were already going up in size and the Solitude seemed HUGE to us (now, not so much). We were set on the 27-5L since it was a comfortable upgrade without feeling enormous. We went to look at it and it somehow felt too small to us. I don't know why because the floor plan is very practical (rear kitchen) and a nice rear window. Next, we looked at the 29-5T and it was love at first sight. We loved all the space, the fireplace, the kitchen and large fridge, the large rear window, the furniture AND the large bedroom closet which was very practical for us as full timers. We were convinced this was the one for us. Upon seeing it again several weeks later, we started to overthink it and looked at the 29-5K. On that particular day it looked better to us than the 5T. There seemed to be more counter space (I love to cook) and a little more usable storage. But the big deciding factor was the bathroom. The shower seemed like a decent size and I liked that it was not clear glass. I liked how the bathroom sink and the toilet area were separate. I also liked the linen closet in the toilet area where in the 5T it had a sink instead and a very large shower. The shower door seemed impractical to me. It was clear glass and I thought it would be a real nuisance to keep clean. It also was a tri-fold which I also saw as a nuisance. Also, the 5K had a coat closet when you first walk in which I thought would be very useful. We wound up changing our minds and buying the 5K instead of the 5T. Now that we've had the 5K for a month, we are deeply disappointed. I miss that large rear window of the 5T. Since there is no pantry, I am having a hard time organizing the kitchen and most cabinets require me to get a step stool. I was annoyed when I realized the slide closes on the fridge so you cannot get to it. Always look at a rig you're considering with the slides in. I knew this and then somehow forgot. The dining room table in both models is horrible. It wobbles and is way too large and impractical for the space. I would rather have had a booth but we will eventually replace it. (What were they thinking with this table?) That's an easy enough fix but the true disappointment is the shower. It is designed in a way that makes it very difficult to caulk and we have had a leak that, try as we might, we cannot fix. Plus, while they advertise this shower as high enough for someone 6'4, truth is I am 5'2 and 105 pounds. While it may be high enough, it is not even wide enough for me. I am constantly hitting my elbows on the shower hose which causes the head to fall off its base. Wow, did we make a mistake thinking the 5T shower would be a nuisance. This one in the 5K takes the cake. The leak we will eventually fix but the narrow size misses the mark 100 percent. Go inside the shower of the model you are considering and see what it feels like to shower in it best as you can. Had I done this, I would have noticed right away it is way too narrow, even for me! We waited for this upgrade and I'm sad that we don't love it, especially since it is our full time home. We hope to have it paid off in 6 months, then its back to the drawing board for us, unless we can replace the shower completely and get a more practical dining set. At least I'm getting closer to knowing what I like. To be sure there are always compromises when you get a rig. The shower conundrum, however is a biggie for us. Not having a pantry is another fail. Hopefully three is the charm.
- Deb Rothschild, Oregon

2019-08-16 2014 Northwood Arctic Fox 990 View Listings

Arctic Fox 990 is extremely well built. Large capacities of water, propane, batteries and most important- holding tanks. I lived and traveled in mine for 3 months traveling the west and southwest. I’ve gone skiing in my rig many times. A perfect comfortable roadworthy unit. I’m now in my ‘60’s and I still take it out and about. Money well spent on my part for the best “turtle” around.
- Curt Franzen, Arizona

2019-08-07 2018 Northwood Arctic Fox 29-5T View Listings

Artic Fox makes good coaches. We just have family issues and can't use right now. A true four season coach as it's built up in Oregon where the camping is rugged and year round. Great floor plans and layouts.
- Brent, Colorado

2019-08-01 2019 Northwood Arctic Fox 28-5C View Listings

Traded a 2014 28F Arctic Fox on a 2019 32A. Very disappointing fit finish and material in the new trailer. Quality control lacking, possibly nonexistent. The use of pressed cardboard, cheap fixtures, compared to the 2014 a let down.
- Ian Mack, Alberta

2019-07-20 2019 Northwood Arctic Fox 990 View Listings

We previously owned an Arctic Fox 2010 Trailer; it was excellent quality. However, we replaced it with a 2019 Camper and it’s been a huge disappointment. It’s been back to the dealer at least six times for significant repairs. It’s let us down on several occasions which forced us to cut short our vacations. We could never recommend one and will avoid this manufacturer in future.
- Jim MacDon, British Columbia

2019-07-07 2017 Northwood Arctic Fox 27-5L View Listings

The build quality by Arctic Fox is not good. The toilet fill line leaked and, several times, cabinet doors would be on the floor. The assembly at AF had left many screws stripped. The generator (under the bedroom) is quite loud and does not cool well. The generator chamber gets quite hot. Perhaps my largest complaint is the air conditioning which is totally inadequate if the outside air temperature is above 90. One time in Zion National Park the air conditioner was run for many hours and cooled the coach to a balmy 95 degrees. The 27-5L overall height is 13'6" such that one must be very careful about clearance. Not a problem for interstates and modern gas stations but small towns and older facilities can be a problem. On the trip above in Zion we wanted to leave eastbound through the Mt Carmel tunnel. While Prevost buses go through regularly the 27-5L will not clear; even using the drive-down-the-middle approach. In summary: I sold the trailer. I expected much more from AF.
- M. A. Jaeger, Washington

2019-05-25 2014 Northwood Arctic Fox 29-5T View Listings

We purchased the Artic Fox 29-5T after much research into building specs, four season insulation, max storage, max comfort, easy maintenance and a great floorplan. This fifth wheel has lived up to its reputation in every way. We have loved using it, just wish we could have gotten out more. The kitchen layout make it roomy for two to cook and prepare meals. The living area is big enough, but not too big. The solar and large tanks make every camping site possible. We have truely enjoyed our time in the Fox.
- J McLellan, Colorado

2019-05-18 2018 Northwood Nash 17K View Listings

Northwood, Nash 17-K It is a great trailer,off road chasie pulls like a dream only use the sway bars, I love the dual pane windows and lots of windows for views. This is my second Nash this unit has no slide which I like you don't have to unhook and level up if you are in hurry for just a over night stay. It is above most for the build and I have looked at most in the price range, kitchen cabinets are wood with metal slides, lots of counter space. The bath has lots of space counter is bigger than most. Great Trailer
- Vaughn Forsberg, Arizona

2019-03-26 2015 Northwood Fox Mountain 235RLS View Listings

We bought this RV in 2015 at the time it was an upgrade for us, our previous RV was a 2000 Jayco. Northwood makes great RV's and they ensure they are services correctly and in a timely manner. We upgraded to a 2019 Arctic Fox 28.5c. If upgrading within the same industry standard isn't a high enough statement I don't know what is.
- Edgar Dodge, Idaho

2019-02-23 2015 Northwood Arctic Fox 25R View Listings

It's been an interesting road with this unit, so to speak. The bathroom plumbing freezes around 10 degrees F at night if the interior temperature is set at 60. We don't use skirting or other "helps." Definitely not "4 Season" on its own unless you're in the southern half of the US and not in the mountains. It needs skirting and pads with lots of electricity available and lots of propane if it's going to stay thawed lower than that. The slide area is bitter cold if it is left extended. Very inefficient as it takes as much or more energy to heat this small trailer as it does for a new 1,400 sq. ft. house in the north. When it gets really cold, the bottom of the exterior walls develop frost if they are behind a cabinet front or fixture, especially where the frame members appear to be. We like most other things about it, including tank capacities, towing characteristics, and durability.
- Reluctant Poster, Washington

2019-02-12 2015 Northwood Arctic Fox 29-5K View Listings

Just had a -25 night camping and am so glad to say stayed warm, had running water. So impressed with everything about our camper. We have a fireplace (electric) installed, heat pads on our tanks and use a skirt. Used 1 propane tank every two days in these temps. Definitely 4 season!
- Mike , Montana

2018-11-05 2014 Northwood Nash 24M View Listings

We bought this Nash 24M trailer new in 2014 and have been completely happy with it. It is very well thought out, tows great, 4 season, nice interior, has great storage and is the best over all travel trailer we've owned.
- Mick Chase, Idaho

2018-10-29 2016 Northwood Nash 23D View Listings

UPSTANDING Not only the product but the staff and service provided!!! One phone call and they offered to fix our issue at their plant. When we arrived they were a delight to work with and offered to fix any other issues we were concerned about. They replaced the regulator for the LP Tanks and one small curtain holder. All done free of charge on a trailer that was almost 3 yrs old!!! Thank You Thank You --- if only all business were as easy to work with!!! Thanks to Justin, Dave and Brent.
- Bryan J Erhart, Montana

2018-09-08 2019 Northwood Arctic Fox 28-5C View Listings

We spent a year researching manufacturers and have owned 3 different models that we wouldn't go back to. We decided on the Arctic Fox because of the hype about their quality and quality control. We have been on the road for over a month now and I have to say I am disappointed. The second day out the unit became flooded going down the road. The water pump was on and we didn't check it because we hadn't used it. The Kitchen faucet swings around and turns on during travel. Even draining it we still find water at the end of each travel day, all over the couch and floor. Both cabinets at each end of the island have fallen off, other cabinets doors and privacy doors have loose screws that won't tighten, due to screws being over-tightened during installation. The sound bar doesn't work at all. The microwave doesn't work properly and the leveling system only works once you get the unit level which to me makes it a high priced stabilizer not a leveling system. Once we get home it is going back to the dealer and I'm sure that a lot of the issues will be resolved under warranty. Oh, and there is great hype about how well these units are sealed. Wrong! We did 20 miles on a dirt road and the interior filled up with dust - even stuff in drawers next to the stove is filthy. Dirt came in around switches and outlets. Just amazing!!
- Pam Ferguson, Wyoming

2018-07-29 2014 Northwood Fox Mountain 325RKS View Listings

This RV has had so many quality issues that there isn't enough room here to list all. I took it back to both the dealer and the factory and they just jerryrigged all the problems. Worst RV I have ever owned. Every time I take it out, I have to repair something. This unit should never have left the factory. I would not recommend Northwood products to anyone. If anyone would like a list of the problems I have had with this unit, e-mail me and I will send it.
- Randy C Spray, Idaho

2018-07-19 2016 Northwood Nash 23D View Listings

Great weekender travel trailer. A true 4-season unit. Perfect for those cold winter nights, boondocking, and traveling to remote off-road locations. A great starter RV that will serve your needs for years to come.
- William Runyan, Colorado

2018-07-10 2017 Northwood Arctic Fox 1150 View Listings

I purchased my Arctic Fox 1150 truck camper less than a year ago. It is warped and delaminating. The manufacturer says it’s normal. $40,000 for a truck camper that I have used a total of 4 nights and it’s coming apart. There explanation is the weather caused the delaminating and warping. That campers on the west tend to have this happen. They say it’s NOrmal for this to happen. Don’t call it a four seasons camper if it delaminates and warps in weather over 90 degrees! The frustrating part is they know this is an issue and don’t care. Once they had my hard earned money they could not care less about me the consumer. BUYER BEWARE of these scam artists!!
- Tim S, Arizona

2018-07-08 2017 Northwood Arctic Fox 27-5L View Listings

Good - Max kitchen and livability features in 29 ft Bad - (A) Quality. More than 15 issues. Examples: Shower enclosure was not chalked. Shower drain came apart. Draft in the bedroom thru the bed side tables. Landing gear. Kitchen drawer bottom fell out. Front decal had to be replaced. (B) 13.5K Air Conditioner struggles to keep trailer at 75 when temp is over 90. (C) One GFI circuit with all kitchen, bath, LR, DR outlets wired to same 15 AMP breaker. You can not run a coffee pot and a heater at the same time. (D) Battery kill switch doesn't. We had to install one at the battery. (E) Gray water tanks valve and drain design. Embarrassing half gallon of water falls on the ground when we arrive at next park and take the cap off to attach the sewer hose. We've tried lowering the RV to facilitate draining. Had to install a external valve to mitigate the problem.
- Sharon Brown, Washington