Itasca Reviews on RV Insider (209)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Itasca RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Al Alexander from Minnesota says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2016 Itasca Navion 24J View Listings

Had multiple problems out of the shoot. Have about 800 miles on the new rig cabinet handles were mis aligned and broken. Had to pay the dealer to repair. Water leak from faucet. Dealer will not repair. Door covering water heater (outside) does not fit properly. Wrong size screw. Dealer said all Winnebego products have bad doors over this compartment. He even showed me a few. He's right. I bought a Winnebego product hoping for quality. I am very disappointed with the vehicle and the dealer. Note I have has class c motor homes for 30 years. Also I am quite offended that the warranty does not include labor. Never heard of such a thing. They make me pay for their poor workmanship
- Al Alexander, Minnesota

2020-10-28 2014 Itasca Navion IQ 24V View Listings

I have found this motorhome to be a wonderful home away from home when needed. This unit gets great fuel mileage, great storage, and drives like a dream. The only reason I didn't give it five stars for Factory Warranty/Support is that is no longer under manufacturer warranty. Maintenance is maintained and current.
- Ava Greene, Florida

2020-09-30 2015 Itasca Sunova 35G View Listings

Last year my back camera went out.My furnace was completely rebuilt. Refrigerator had to be replaced My toilet leaked and had to be completely rebuilt. 48 inch TV in living room had to be replaced They do not make 48 inch TV anymore Bearings came out of dresser draw and the bottom came out. Last year wasn't any better.
- Gary A., Wisconsin

2020-09-12 2015 Itasca Navion 24J View Listings

I HAVE OWNED MANY RVS OVER THE YEARS AND THIS IS BY FAR THE BEST. BEING ON A MERCEDES CHASSIS IT IS SUPPER EASY TO DRIVE AND FIND SERVICE. GETTING 16 MPG AND GETS SERVICED EVERY 5,000 MILES WINNEBAGO SERVICE TECH IS AVAILABLE ON THE PHONE
- Art Davis, California

2020-09-02 2009 Itasca Navion 24J View Listings

This RV-Navion was just what I wanted 8 years ago. It has everything for dry camping. I used it in freezing weather for 3 days with no problem, no hookups and still had more battery life, LP gas and water left. Over night in Yellow Stone was awesome as well as the sights there and back for the 4 of us. Diesel is great climbing mountains and logged 14-17 MPG. The 24 footer handles great on the road and can go where the big rigs can't. I'm surprised how easy it is to travel down town and park. I am selling because I would like a newer model.
- Al, Virginia

2020-08-18 2004 Itasca Sunova 35N View Listings

This RV is sound. We have never had any problems with it. Great quality vehicle. Perfect for a family with kids. We have had other RVs and had problems with structures inside falling apart. Winnebago is amazing quality. Buying an older vehicle did not matter with this kind of quality.
- Jeffrey Sexton, New York

2020-08-13 2008 Itasca Navion 24H View Listings

The 24H is best for a single traveler. The jack knife sofa is very uncomfortable and will not accommodate a tall person. I replaced it with a platform and custom mattress. The bathroom across the back provides for a very generous shower and good space for lav and commode. All components e.g. HVAC, frig, stove/microwave/convection over, cabinetry, etc. are 1st class and very tasteful. Sprinter chassis is very good and gives outstanding mpg. My unit had a design flaw that required an expensive repair but I understand Mercedes has corrected the issue.
- mike enger, Arkansas

2020-08-04 2013 Itasca Ellipse 42GD View Listings

Bought new and have never had any mechanical,or construction issues. Have traveled across the United State's several times, and have had reliable,consistent service. I would definitely recommend this motor coach to anyone looking for quality and reliability. P.S. This has been my FULL TIME home fore the last 5 years,so it has had to perform under constant use
- Steven Shuster, Florida

2020-08-02 2014 Itasca Viva 23L View Listings

Have owned for three years. Mo problems. Lots of room. Super easy to drive. Lots storage space Love the electronic owning and outdoor speakers. Big coach value in the Viva. We take it everywhere. Kitchen has lots of storage. Sleeps 6 adults comfortably. We use for travel and tailgating. Super fun
- Mary, Ohio

2020-07-24 2013 Itasca Meridian 40U View Listings

Itasca is the higher end line of Winnebago. Our extensive research showed that the Itasca/Winnebago was the highest quality and best built for the money. It is extremely durable, reliable, and has a good reputation. It is very comfortable and has all of the conveniences of home while on the road and camping. It is built on one of the best Freightliner Maxum Chassis, an powerful Cummins turbo-charged diesel engine and an Allison transmission for powerful and reliable performance. It has extensive exterior storage compartments, and the interior is very thoughtfully and conveniently laid out. We would definitely buy again.
- Richard Smith, Georgia

2020-06-29 1976 Itasca Sun Runner View Listings

purchased in 1991,with 4 kids 2 dogs and a wife. towed across passes, took to Disney land Cheyenne for rodeo' drove to Arizona took on several golfing and camping trips. with new motor and shocks, fuel lines and tank, tires, ad battery will probably run another 20 years. body is original no work done on it. wife wanted newer motorhome. I would still drive it anywhere. But according to my wife not with her. Well maybe I should keep it. We have had fun in it.
- frankdearman528, Washington

2020-06-29 2014 Itasca Cambria 27RK View Listings

I have had another class c with the overhead cab. I like the Cambria so much more. The aerodynamics are so much better when driving. There is a group of Cambria owners that meet up and we spoke with them and they were very happy with the Winnebagos same as the Itascas.
- Larry Moore, South Carolina

2020-06-27 2013 Itasca Sunstar 30T View Listings

This floor plan with opposing slides up front gives you so much space. We did change out the couch to theatre recliners for better relaxation and tv viewing. The split bath is nice and door placement allows for creation of a onsuite. Ample storage. Highly recommend this model for weekend or long term camping/living. It’s a breeze to pull in and set up in minutes.
- Deb, Iowa

2020-06-22 2007 Itasca Cambria 29H View Listings

I take full responsibility for buying this rig. The photos looked great, I saw some others in person, not this floor plan. First of all, the bedroom. I thought the bed slid in and out - it doesn't. The headboard slides in and out.So when the bed slide is out, you still have almost no room to move around. 2nd - the lack of insulation. No insulation in the cap, you can open bottom drawers in the bedroom and see the ground. The big storage bin in the front passenger side has zero insulation and is open under the sofa so you are talking about some really cold drafts in the winter. Hardly any storage room in the "kitchen". Hardly any storage room outside too. There are bins but they are all to small for anything you would want to take with you. And there is NO PLACE TO PUT THE SEWER HOSE! I have to put it in a couple of plastic bags and stuff it in one of the little bins. And no bumper to put a sewer hose carrier on either. I will never understand putting carpet in an RV. Vinyl in the kitchen/bedroom/bath but carpet not only in the living room but in the COCKPIT! I am spending money revamping it because it does drive great and I really don't want to have to deal with anything larger but it is NOT a good floor plan and should have more storage INSIDE AND OUTSIDE. I turned the dinette into a daybed, removed the sofa and put in a desk to open up the living area a few feet. It made a big difference. Now if I didn't have to wrestle with the mattress and the big foam things to put to make the mattress complete, it might be ok.
- Beverley Hughes, North Carolina

2020-06-11 2013 Itasca Meridian 42E View Listings

Love this motorhome. Perfect for full-timers or just for the weekend. The extra half bath is a real plus. My wife gets the big bath and I get my own small bath. Super air ride suspension with the after market shocks and antisway bar. Tons of space both up and down below. With new maintenance free coach batteries and almost new tires you have many years of enjoyment ahead. I hate to give it up, but my wife thinks I'm too old for such a big vehicle so we've decided to find a more stationary 2nd home.
- Bob Boring, Texas

2020-05-15 2012 Itasca Sunstar 30T View Listings

We bought this motorhome in April 2019. We have owned two fifth wheels before this mh. I retired and decided to travel for 3 months. We gone for 88 days drove to California, Oregon, Washington, Montana, Wyoming, and Colorado. We pulled a car behind it. Did not have trouble with the motorhome going up or down mountains. Went down a 9% grade in western Wyoming and I was really impressed. The reason we are selling this motorhome is because we have decided to sell our house and live full time in one. We need a bigger motorhome. This is a great little motorhome for someone who just wants to travel to the mountains for lakes for few weeks or even a month or two. It's in great shape.
- Greg Willis, Oklahoma

2020-05-13 2013 Itasca Impulse 31W View Listings

We enjoyed our outings but decided we weren’t going to use it as much as we planned due to health issues. Very comfortable sleeping lots of space for company. Everything included to begin your RV experience or to upgrade if already an RVer.
- Don Wagner , Missouri

2020-05-12 2013 Itasca Meridian 34B View Listings

This is a Winnnebago product with superior fit and finish throughout. Winnebago service and support is second to none. They are always eager to help and when you call a real person answers. This motorhome has been a dream to drive and is as comfortable as our home. We lived in it for 6 months while building a new home and we loved it. We towed a Honda CRV with no problem. This coach has so many features, you just have to see the listing to appreciate. Key features include: Satellite radio/gps and TV (3 tv's one exterior), King bed, queen sofa bed, large wardrobe w/mirrored doors, full length glass shower enclosure, porceline toilet, convection oven, residential refrigerator, surge protector w/ power boost, large storage compartments w/ large dual side access slide storage trey, 8000w generator, 430hp Cummins diesel, 6 speed Allison trans., full body paint, wind sensor awning, tow package w/Invisibrake system. Unfortunately we must sell due to health issues.
- Ken, Nevada

2020-03-26 2011 Itasca Suncruiser 35P View Listings

This Motorhome is a breeze to drive. The floor plan with the opposing slides give you more room then you would expect. The storage space is more then ample. The leather seats for both the cabin seats and the couch is very very soft and relaxing. This would be a great motorhome for full timing or long trips. Most of our trips were only a couple to weeks to a month at a time and we never felt like we needed to get home.
- Tim, Kentucky

2020-03-22 2014 Itasca Sunova 33C View Listings

Outstanding floor plan, large living area, King bed. The V10 engine has power to pull about anything you want. Easy to drive. Lots of storage inside and out. The Sunova only uses very high end counter tops, and furnishings.
- Jim Nickell, Kentucky

2020-03-11 2007 Itasca Navion 23J View Listings

I have owned this RV for over 2 years. I bought it, never having been in an RV before. I quickly learnt from friends and then went on to driving it to 32 states. It is self contained with all the comforts of home. I selected this floor plan because of the bed at back and not having to make it up each day.It works well. I love the slideout which gives you that extra comfort when parked. It drives great and goes that extra mile being economical because of it being diesel.I also had the benefit of knowing that the engine will keep going for many miles in the future. The kitchen, refrigerator configuration also works well. Enough storage throughout to take your wants and needs. The size/length of it works well for parking in most areas too. I highly recommend this RV. I have had a lot of pleasure travelling in it. A Mini house on wheels!! Happy Camping..
- Kelly, Florida

2020-03-10 2014 Itasca Reyo 25T View Listings

The itasca reyo 24.5 ft diesel powered motor home is easy to maneuver around town and camp sites. The 188 hp diesel motor gets us 16 mpg. We have enjoyed touring in it. It is an extremely comfortable ride. The Mercedes chassis is very stable platform. We feel very little movement when passed by semi trucks. The floor plan is ideal for two people. We pull a 5000lb trailer easily. We added a break controller to assist in stopping. The quality in the coach is superior to our last jayco pennical. The 3200 kw diesel generator is quite and is easy on fuel. The drivers side door is very convenient at fuel stations. We bought it used so I dont really have knowledge of the warranty.
- Ron Mau , Missouri

2020-02-25 2010 Itasca Sunstar 26P View Listings

No better brand than Winnebago/Itasca! At just under 27'long, and short wheel base, we loved that we could get this into all our desired remote camping spots. We pulled an 18'ski boat and launched it with our Sunstar with ease. The video monitor let us keep an eye on the boat as we drove down the road, and a huge help when launching. Tons of storage inside and out, we are the 2nd owners, the first owner purchased with every upgrade possible, then continued to add more afterwards. Solar panels keep our batteries charged for boondocking, and he had the best car-towing setup that's included with a built in air compressor. We're going to miss her, but change of job means more time working and less time camping. So on to the next family she goes !
- LeeAnn, Washington

2020-02-13 2011 Itasca Sunstar 35F View Listings

This RV is amazing. Two distinct living spaces. The salon for the day and for guests at night with it's 1/2 bath and huge couch 93" long that converts to a very large bed as well as the dinette which sleeps kids great, then the master suite, private, big and well equiped with a huge master bathroom, lots of counter space, cabinet space and both tall and big shower. This RV just has so many amenities from the convection oven to air/heat zones in the master suite and the salon.
- Debra Campbell, Arizona

2020-01-22 2000 Itasca Horizon 36LD View Listings

We have made several trips across country from South Florida to Seattle, Washington and California to visit family. RV was very reliable. The Cat Diesal engine kept us rolling up hills and mountains without a problem. Set up so while I am driving my wife can go to kitchen and make me lunch or get a drink. Very comfortable bed. Extra storage room in a pull out pantry for food. We recently had an overhaul done before going on our last trip to Washington and back to south Florida. Never had a problem. Cant beat the price for a very reliable RV.
- Lewis Knapper, Florida