CrossRoads

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with CrossRoads RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Rich from Manitoba says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2016 CrossRoads Z-1 228RR View Listings

If you are considering spending your hard earned money on a Crossroads RV..DON'T BOTHER! My wife and I did just that in 2016. There is no quality control at the Crossroads facility. We received our camper with a bathroom door that popped open when travelling. This was due to a huge bulge in the vertical wood frame. Cupboard doors so badly installed it seems they were done by a 3 year old. The best part is the rear axle had been bent and the rear wheels were tilted outward. Nobody will fix that. Our dealer told me they can't warranty the bent axle until the tires show damage. I guess only seeing that it is bent is not enough. Several of the exterior clearance lights were installed but not connected to the wiring. The fresh water suction hose to pump was kinked. I will have to undertake some thermal scans this summer and determine how much insulation is missing in the ceiling and walls as the AC runs continuously even though it is dropping air temp 12 deg. F. Of course our dealer said, "Some campers are just like that." Both Crossroads and our dealer got what they wanted....our money. Neither of them will ever see another dime. These con men also offer a 2 year warranty which was a selling point for us. A 2 year warranty is useless when nobody will fix anything. We have been ripped off both by Crossroads and our dealer.
- Rich, Manitoba

2021-05-26 2021 Crossroads Sunset Trail 257FK View Listings

We had a few small issues with missing screws or loose trim. Water heater was not plugged in behind cabinet and the thermal fuse was blown at the controller so water heater did not work on propane or electric. Pretty easy fix the two drawers at the left side of the kitchen sink were less than 12 inches deep (useless for kitchen gadgets or silverware) we made new deeper drawers plenty of room to make them deeper. Awning light had bad wire harness had to be replaced. One of the electric stabilizers had to be replaced. Very small space where toilet is located not ideal if you are a full sized adult but overall we are pleased with this unit.
- S Jolley, Oregon

2021-04-18 2017 CrossRoads Sunset Trail Super Lite 331BH View Listings

This trailer has been a big pile of junk since the warranty ran out. From the steel moulding around the trailer separating causing leaks, to leaks around the slides, to leaks around vent pipes, it has been one thing after another. Then there was the wood around the seats separating and the wood on the arm of the couch breaking. And now to top it all off the pulley around the big slide broke off from the wooden mount causing untold amount of damage. We paid a lot of money for this piece of garbage and I wouldn’t “give” it to my worst enemy. Dear god this trailer would make you want to stop camping. I wouldn’t mind if it was an isolated incident but I have a friend who bought the same brand name trailer , only a bit smaller, at the same time as us and theirs has been complete garbage as well. Between the two of us we purchased $ 100000.00 worth of product and have gotten 0 return on the investment. My advice buy anything else but a sunset trail or any other brand from crossroads.
- David Walsh, Newfoundland and Labrador

2021-03-25 2020 CrossRoads Zinger 328SB View Listings

We put a down payment on a 2021 Zinger in Feb. 2020 just before Covid hit. When we signed our paperwork in March we noticed the paperwork said it was a 2020. When we brought it up to the dealer they said they had an extra on the lot and didn't want us to wait for the 2021 to come in, they didn't even ask, just assumed! Well now we know why it was "extra"! We made 2 monthly payments on it before the dealer would allow us to pick it up. No walk through or demo on how to put the slide outs out, tow it, use the heat/ac, etc. hook it up and go! Now we have both doors leaking and you can see daylight between the trim and the doors. The doors also come unlocked as the trailer settles, so we lock it and when we come back a few weeks later the doors are open! We also somehow have water coming in from under the back bunks which is a slide out. We are seasonal so we weren't planning on moving it again but the warranty is only covered "if you bring the trailer to an authorized dealer that does repairs". They don't stand behind their products nor do they care about the families they sell too. I bought a $30,000 piece of crap but I guess the salesman received his commission and the dealer got a sale so who cares about the families that are stuck paying for a lemon. If I had to do it all over, I would keep walking right past the CrossRoads dealer and find a company that stands behind their product and the families they sell too. DO NOT BUY ZINGER!! I am currently looking into the Lemon Law for my trailer that I've had in my possession for 10 months!
- Randy, New Jersey

2021-03-15 2016 CrossRoads Z-1 211RD View Listings

We bought are camper used but in like new condition. We didn't have to do anything to it. It looked new. I salesman said it had a miner leak in the closet. He had put sealant on it where he thought it leaked. There was no damage that we could see or feel. We have been out in some down poor and no leaks what so ever.We have had it 2 years now and it still looks new. We are a single family with no kids home now. We do have to small dogs that travel with us. One of them chewed on one of the mini blinds. Ours has the 15" wheels. Everything works as it should. I do clean the roof off every year. I put a coat of white dicor sealant on the roof this year just to bring back that nice white roof. I take care of our camper and put a Classic Accessories cover on it every winter. This camper is easy to maintain and to winterize. I only need about 2/3 of a gallon of rv antifreeze. I have owned 6 different campers from a tent to 2 truck campers, a Class B, 2 class C motorhomes. I would rather have motorhomes but we bought this camper for $8,400 and have enjoyed it. It pulls great and the wife likes it as well. I don't think it's the brand as much as taken care of what you buy.
- Scott Anderson, Kentucky

2021-02-24 2021 Crossroads Sunset Trail 331 Bunkhouse View Listings

Well a bit disappointed - we drove 8 hours to get our brand new camper and Fun Town RV was a let down - The whole experience was poor to say the least and after getting home we found leaks and issues throughout the camper - from loose screws to missed supports - the window trim over dinette fell off from the drive home- the hot water connections were loose so they leaked when we put the hot water on - the bathroom door is warped and the main door is not closing properly - the kitchen cabinets hit each other to close - the outdoor kitchen faucet leaked - the armrest were not secured around the dinette - the camper itself was dirty - the putty for nail holes filler was all over the place and it was black - the slides (3) of them are not flush with the walls - some have trim some do not you can see the slide walls - OMG so dissappointed
- Julie Regan, Louisiana

2021-02-18 2021 Crossroads Hampton 375DBL View Listings

This is my experience with the 2021 Crossroads Hampton 375DBL that I purchased. This unit is quite livable obviously under the right conditions. The coldest temperature in my area is about 32 deg-F and hottest temperature is about 110 deg-F. At 32 deg-F, the living room temperature before bedtime is about 72 deg-F and will drop to about 48 deg-F by early morning. The furnace will bring up the temp to about 68 deg-F. I turn on the fireplace heater to speed up this process. At night, there is no need to run the furnace. A small space heater in the bedroom will keep it warm all night to sleep comfortably, and if necessary a warm blanket. During hottest days at about 110 deg-F, with both A/C's running the temp is about 80 deg-F. It's still warm inside but is bearable. The bedroom barely gets any A/C since most of the air goes into the upstairs loft. There's no way to close the loft ceiling registers to route all the air down to the bedroom, you'll have to leave the bedroom door open. I'm sure you can be creative with this to close off those registers. Summer electric bill at peak temperatures was about $550 because of running A/C's all day. I have a Vue Smart Home energy monitor connected to the 50 amp breaker. The appliances that take up almost all 15 amps are the following. In order to save $ on electricity, I try not to run them during peak hours unless necessary. 1) A/C units (there are two) 2) Fireplace heater 3) Portable space heater (Purchased myself for bedroom, I only run at night when it's super cold) 4) Dryer (I do not run during peak hours to save $) 5) Washer (I do not run during peak hours to save $) 6) Electric water heater (I always have this ON. It switches on and off to maintain temp.) 7) Microwave oven (It's only on when I heat up my food) I have an energy efficient washer/dryer in the closet but it costs $$ in electricity considering the small load it handles. A full dryer takes about 80 minutes to dry 4 large bath towels. It's about $1.50-$2.00 to wash and dry 4 large bath towels based on energy consumption. You'd get more bang for your buck doing a 45 minute cycle in a normal home dryer that can do more than double the load, OR just hang dry them which costs nothing. One 30 lb (7 gal) propane bottle will last about 10 days in the winter. I have 2 main bottles, and I purchased 1 spare. Worst case, I fill up 2 bottles every 20 days. During the hot summer, one 30 lb propane bottle can last me 7-8 weeks. The overall quality and layout inside is nicer than most trailers. I would rate 4/5 stars. It loses a star because some parts of quality is lacking. I will explain more later. The manufacturing quality is sub-par, and I would rate 2/5 stars. Given that this is a higher end trailer at about $50K-$60K, I did not expect to see many manufacturing quality problems. It's very awkward towing this trailer so I had a service technician come out and fix my problems. My issues I had for this trailer is the following. 1) AC freeze protection control was not installed between evaporator fins above main living room causing unit to blow hot air. 2) Electric water heater 12V wire was not connected to 110V water heater relay which caused 12V 5Amp fuse to blow (short to ground on wire) when turned on. 3) Pantry door window, the left window is smooth on front but frosty on back. The right window is frosty on front but smooth on back. 4) No power to TV lift, blue tooth speakers or kitchen slide out ceiling LED lights. Failed after 5 months. The problem was the end crimp connectors in the under belly of the trailer are not water proof. The connectors corroded with water and eventually broke off. Fortunately, we were able to pull the wires out of the underbelly and redo them. What's worse is that the underbelly is rivetted so there's no access to the wires underneath the trailer. You would have to cut open the underbelly panels. 5) Missing 1 ceiling register vent. 6) Bluetooth power harness to SB26 sound bar had a break in the wire and would intermittently turn off. This is probably a blue tooth manufacturing problem. 7) Water leak at washer/dryer connection. This was a dealership installation problem. 8) I would say 25% of the top loft rails are screwed into studs. The other 75% just go into the wall, eventually with enough vibration and movement in the trailer, the screws strip through the dry wall. Same with the handrails to the stairs, 2 out of 6 screws are into studs. I have an outdoor wifi extender outside my main home. I get full internet speeds using 5Ghz at 50Mbps/50Mbps download/upload speeds inside the trailer. If the manufacturing quality issues weren't present, I would say this is a pretty good trailer. Overall, I would purchase this trailer while being mindful of what issues may arise.
- R. Nguyen, California

2021-02-15 2017 CrossRoads Zinger 25RB View Listings

We love our Zinger trailer and go south for 4-6 months with it. Any issues we have had is because we were newbies to owning an RV. Due to Covid this year we didn’t go south but went to British Columbia. Condensation was an issue but heh it rains ALOT here. We did get the condensation under control. My only CON is the decor, which I have painted out. We have not had to deal with a warranty issue.
- Darlene, Ontario

2021-02-01 2012 CrossRoads Cruiser 28MKX View Listings

Has been a great camper for us. Its really easy to pull and back into spots. The quality is great aswell. We really have enjoyed this camper having owned it over the last 4 years. Great size for a family of 4.
- ricky futrell, Kentucky

2020-12-06 2018 CrossRoads Cruiser Aire 28RD View Listings

UPSIDE: The wife and I love the outside kitchen, the easy under 4500 pound light weight towing for our half ton truck and the efficient layout. DOWNSIDE: About 6 months after purchasing our new Rv, in Huntsville Alabama, we noticed multiple serious cracks in the door so we took it back repeatedly to only receive the “parts are on back order” excuse until the warranty expired. More things than that have broken down but why mention it when a warranty is not honored. Summary: We are looking to buy a bigger Rv but it will not be a crossroads Rv (nor a Keystone because Crossroads sunset trail models are manufactured by Keystone) unless the parts magically show up from the black hole they are in. BTW- My neighbor bought a Rv from them and had a worse experience plus I have been an Rv owner for decades so this is not a review from a picky newbie.
- Steve Clark, Alabama

2020-12-01 2019 CrossRoads Cameo 3921BR View Listings

This is a great RV/Fifth Wheel for a couple who enjoys travelling and entertaining. I enjoyed every minute that I spent in my Cameo and so did everyone else who I entertained. This was a perfect living quarters while I travelled for work, anyone who has this RV, I guarantee that they are not disappointed!
- Trevor Mauch, Texas

2020-11-23 2017 CrossRoads Hampton HP400FL View Listings

Just purchased the trailer used. Extreme rust on frame and support straps. One strap was dangling on one side. Roof membrane at front of trailer has come out from under the drip edge exposing osb plywood. Front left window is installed upside down. Weep holes are at the top! Electrical switch on front of frame is completely melted. No brakes, truck does not recognize anything in computer. 1/8" interior plywood wall coverings are popped out all over the place. The shower leaked like a sieve at bottom right because there was zero caulking! Under the aluminum door track was 2 way tape! Had to completely remove the shower doors and bottom track to clean and dry and seal properly with silicone. Rear steps are so badly rusted they barely fold. This thing is only 3 years old! The manufacturer claims 12 year warranty on roof. We shall see. Frame rust is way beyond surface damage. The entire bottom of I beam frame needs heavy grinding and repainting. Inexpensive and I'm finding new problems as I speak. Hoping puddled water under kitchen sink was left over from leaking shower. It's just a flimsy wall separating bathroom from kitchen. No obvious leaks found yet. All four tires were so badly cracked I bought replacements immediately. Why in the hell would an electrical component with bare wires exposed to the road elements not be covered? I'm not even sure what it is exactly! Not yet anyway. With no brakes, no lights, no way I can move this piece of crap if I needed to. Not impressed with anything on this really. Hard to enjoy with so many serious issues
- Robert Brenner, California

2020-11-02 2018 Crossroads Sunset Trail 33SI View Listings

Do not purchase a sunset trail ! #1 you buy it your stuck with a piece of crap that even the extra warranty you pay for doesn't cover anything! Absolutely nothing! 4th time furnace ignition board has been replaced at our cost . Slide leakes since day one . Cheaply made but pretty to look at .
- Anthony Lewis, Kentucky

2020-10-31 2020 CrossRoads Sunset Trail Super Lite SS330SL View Listings

We bought this camper from Hitch RV in Columbia SC. After get it home had to take into shop to have one of the slide out cable replaced due to binding up. Know this is a cheaper brand Keystone. But thing that they need to look at is. 1. Bathroom and bedroom door open up into each other. 2. Water line hood up in bathroom sink are backwards. 3. All upper cabinets do not have anyway to stay open because they open towards ceiling. 5. Pantry door hits refrigerator door. 6. Pantry door and refrigerator door open up into each other 7. No electrical plus by bed to plug in anything. 8. Radio need to be upgraded to better one with CD and DVD player built in. 9. No where to put drinks when watching tv. Except on floor 10. Closet door magnets are not strong enough to keep door close. 11. No handles on closet door. 12. Shower head is on other wall. Not above faucets. 13. Main water hook up is up front not in back. So got to have long hose. 14. No place to phones or anything beside the bed while sleeping. 15. Refrigerator door had ding in it and is has takin over 8 months to get new door. Most of the things that I have listed I have fixed myself. These thing Keystone needs to look into on the 2021 models. The price you pay for a camper you shouldn't have to worry about how things work together or the craftmanship. We like the floor plan but the craftmanship for Keystone is not there in the Sunsets Trails.
- Tony, North Carolina

2020-10-29 2011 CrossRoads Cruiser 315RE Patriot Edition View Listings

We were able to live in this trailer very comfortably when we wintered in fla.The opposing slides in the living area made it quite large and airy.The trailor is quite easy to haul because of its light weight (9232lbs). All the extras that come with the Patriot Edition make it very easy to live in. Unfortunately, due to the loss of my husband, I am not able to camp anymore.
- Sue Willgens, New York

2020-10-10 2014 CrossRoads Zinger View Listings

I love the floor plan but ever since we bought it there has been a musty smell! I’ve checked drains, pipes, the fridge and we’ve mold bombed it twice! Has anyone else had this issue, what did you do for it!
- Clarence Dutcher, South Carolina

2020-10-08 2020 CrossRoads Hampton HP371KL View Listings

Hampton is a terrible company to buy an RV from. 4 screws came out of the wall that held blinds, trim on ceiling starting to come down, doors that won't stay closed, stove that was sent without grommets, Fireplace rattles like a firebell, etc...Hamptons answer to all this is it isn't covered under 1 year warranty, but a 90 day adjustment warranty which is useless because it is a park model and 2 hours from service. Dealer said make a note of problems and all would be fixed at season end. Huge problems trying to get solutions from Hampton and all they can say is"sucks to be you - should read your owners manual"
- K. Cronin, Ontario

2020-10-06 2020 CrossRoads Sunset Trail 253RB View Listings

Things I love- The floorplan, bathroom, king bed, huge kitchen sink, outdoor kitchen with a sink and large fridge that is under the awning. Cons- leak in our toilet on the first trip, a few screws coming out of the doors and outside plastic paneling and the doorways are short (one of the main buying points was the height ceilings but the bathroom and bedroom doorways are lower). These are all to be expected because its a house on wheels.
- Melissa, New York

2020-10-05 2020 CrossRoads Sunset Trail 253RB View Listings

We've owned several campers over the years and have figured out exactly works for us and our needs. The floor plan is perfect for couples. For me must haves were a large outside kitchen, power jacks, fold down stairs outside. Inside I wanted the bedroom and bathroom on opposite ends (for privacy), king-size bed, walk-in pantry not to mention a residential fridge and large dinette. It's perfect for us. I also wanted to stay under 30' tip to tip. The camper itself is 27'4", so we can easily get in and out of all state park sites here in MI. So far the quality has been top-notch. I keep a close eye on the roof and check for leaks regularly (like I have with all campers I've owned). All the appliances function as they should and have no problems to date.
- Chuck Wolfe, Michigan

2020-09-23 2018 Crossroads Sunset Trail Super Lite 271RL View Listings

I pulled the RV from Tampa to Spring Hill. Approx 50 miles or so once my nephew and his wife bought their home in Spring Hill. I was extremely surprised at how well the RV pulled, especially being a bumper pull unit. It was hardly noticeable that it was back there and it was very easy to back into the space.
- Dominick Alesandrini, Florida

2020-09-09 2020 Crossroads Cameo View Listings

We purchased this RV, fall 2019. Did not use it until June 2020. The slide out where the table and chairs are located and the fireplace and TV is so warped, it is like a bowl. The table and chairs do not sit well on it. The fireplace makes noise when it is on. If the TV is on and you go to move it slide it in or out it goes off. The kitchen cabinets are not very user-friendly, middle post in the cabinets do not allow for bigger items to be put in there, The silverware drawer and drawers below it, four of them ,are so shallow they hardly hold anything. As far as kitchen cabinets go, it’s totally a poor layout. Big sink with three ridges on the top is a pain in the butt to clean might look good , but not functional. The slide in the bedroom that houses the TV and the fireplace which also makes noise leaks when it rains. The leveling system Has to be re-calibrated, the water does not drain from our shower as underneath it looks as though the water has to run uphill! In the spring we noted right away about the floor being bowed in the dining room we contacted them right away. We were told it would be going back to the factory in the fall, they would come and get it , fix it and bring it back. Well we just found out today that that is not the case ,the dealership where we bought it will be the ones fixing it. Where is the factory warranty, what if it can’t be fixed properly? who is responsible for that. We love the layout of our new camper but feel for the money there is too many Issues with the cameo that is just poor workmanship. The camper that we traded in was a cruiser, absolutely loved it eight drawers in the kitchen, kitchen was very user-friendly. And very well put together. We traded for the rear kitchen which we did have in the cruiser but liked the king size bed and the larger bathroom instead. What a mistake we made.
- Audrey Thornton, North Dakota

2020-09-08 2020 Crossroads Sunset Trail SS186BH View Listings

First trip out. No hot water. I needed to turn the bypass valves but when this camper was built they forgot to make an access to the valves. We had to take a crowbar to the inside of the storage compartment for access. Got home from the first trip. A total of 250 miles. The cold weather package had a sealed belly. The plastic was hanging down rubbing on the axle.
- Ron Koller, Minnesota

2020-09-07 2018 Crossroads Zinger 18BH View Listings

we purchased a zinger crossroad 18bh new last year. 1. Was popping fuses right and left. 2. Our hot water worked for one weekend took a year to get fixed. Covid 19 was partially to blame because of postal service. 3. Went camping had to come home after 2 days our roof started leaking soaked all my clothing and the stench was horrid. Called the rv shop where we purchased first thing out of his mouth was its out of warranty. As i said previous we purchased last summer. To bad no customer service to help. Up until this point the guy was helpful.
- Rosalie Stonehouse, Ontario

2020-09-02 2021 Crossroads Sunset Trail SS212RB View Listings

Any brand of travel trailers is going to have varying degrees of issues. This unit had very few. After 2 trips & 1200 miles, a few beads of caulk needed to be added, a few minor door adjustments, a missing screw in one of the shower enclosure walls and a shelf that needed to be re-secured. All minor issues and fixed all of them myself. Would highly recommend this unit. Would have given it 5 stars if it had the LP gas/12 Vdc fridge instead of 12 volt only. But I upgraded batteries and we’re getting used to it.
- Tony Giammarinaro , Washington

2020-08-29 2019 CrossRoads Sunset Trail 259RL View Listings

tripb1: water hookup fell off after hooking hose up. they put 1 of 3 screws into nothing. First big rain storm, left awning out. 1 arm bent and broke. 1 screw broke on weather strip where fiberglass front meets stone guard. Water leak from pipes under sink. All of this in the 1st 2 weeks. Only drove it from dealer to campsite. Maybe 50 miles. Switched dinette from bed to table and both leg brackets cracked. moved trailer from camp to house. maybe 15 miles. my son has been sleeping in camper. Table top is warping. Window in livingroom area started to leak water. Had to cualk it. None of the shades or windows operate easily. Only owned it since July of 2019. It is now August of 2020. Nothing has been used except the TV and dinette bed since September of 2019. I broke a blind trying to open a window and 1 screen frame fell apart. Hate to see what happens if we actually travel and camp for any length of time. Are all Travel Trailers this problematic? First time owner. Fixed all probkems myself, right away. The awning was partially covered but we had to put a different awning on because they dicontinued the original right after we bought it.
- Richard Willey, Massachusetts