CrossRoads Reviews on RV Insider (130)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with CrossRoads RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Rich from Manitoba says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2016 CrossRoads Z-1 228RR View Listings

If you are considering spending your hard earned money on a Crossroads RV..DON'T BOTHER! My wife and I did just that in 2016. There is no quality control at the Crossroads facility. We received our camper with a bathroom door that popped open when travelling. This was due to a huge bulge in the vertical wood frame. Cupboard doors so badly installed it seems they were done by a 3 year old. The best part is the rear axle had been bent and the rear wheels were tilted outward. Nobody will fix that. Our dealer told me they can't warranty the bent axle until the tires show damage. I guess only seeing that it is bent is not enough. Several of the exterior clearance lights were installed but not connected to the wiring. The fresh water suction hose to pump was kinked. I will have to undertake some thermal scans this summer and determine how much insulation is missing in the ceiling and walls as the AC runs continuously even though it is dropping air temp 12 deg. F. Of course our dealer said, "Some campers are just like that." Both Crossroads and our dealer got what they wanted....our money. Neither of them will ever see another dime. These con men also offer a 2 year warranty which was a selling point for us. A 2 year warranty is useless when nobody will fix anything. We have been ripped off both by Crossroads and our dealer.
- Rich, Manitoba

2020-11-23 2017 CrossRoads Hampton HP400FL View Listings

Just purchased the trailer used. Extreme rust on frame and support straps. One strap was dangling on one side. Roof membrane at front of trailer has come out from under the drip edge exposing osb plywood. Front left window is installed upside down. Weep holes are at the top! Electrical switch on front of frame is completely melted. No brakes, truck does not recognize anything in computer. 1/8" interior plywood wall coverings are popped out all over the place. The shower leaked like a sieve at bottom right because there was zero caulking! Under the aluminum door track was 2 way tape! Had to completely remove the shower doors and bottom track to clean and dry and seal properly with silicone. Rear steps are so badly rusted they barely fold. This thing is only 3 years old! The manufacturer claims 12 year warranty on roof. We shall see. Frame rust is way beyond surface damage. The entire bottom of I beam frame needs heavy grinding and repainting. Inexpensive and I'm finding new problems as I speak. Hoping puddled water under kitchen sink was left over from leaking shower. It's just a flimsy wall separating bathroom from kitchen. No obvious leaks found yet. All four tires were so badly cracked I bought replacements immediately. Why in the hell would an electrical component with bare wires exposed to the road elements not be covered? I'm not even sure what it is exactly! Not yet anyway. With no brakes, no lights, no way I can move this piece of crap if I needed to. Not impressed with anything on this really. Hard to enjoy with so many serious issues
- Robert Brenner, California

2020-11-02 2018 Crossroads Sunset Trail 33SI View Listings

Do not purchase a sunset trail ! #1 you buy it your stuck with a piece of crap that even the extra warranty you pay for doesn't cover anything! Absolutely nothing! 4th time furnace ignition board has been replaced at our cost . Slide leakes since day one . Cheaply made but pretty to look at .
- Anthony Lewis, Kentucky

2020-10-31 2020 CrossRoads Sunset Trail Super Lite SS330SL View Listings

We bought this camper from Hitch RV in Columbia SC. After get it home had to take into shop to have one of the slide out cable replaced due to binding up. Know this is a cheaper brand Keystone. But thing that they need to look at is. 1. Bathroom and bedroom door open up into each other. 2. Water line hood up in bathroom sink are backwards. 3. All upper cabinets do not have anyway to stay open because they open towards ceiling. 5. Pantry door hits refrigerator door. 6. Pantry door and refrigerator door open up into each other 7. No electrical plus by bed to plug in anything. 8. Radio need to be upgraded to better one with CD and DVD player built in. 9. No where to put drinks when watching tv. Except on floor 10. Closet door magnets are not strong enough to keep door close. 11. No handles on closet door. 12. Shower head is on other wall. Not above faucets. 13. Main water hook up is up front not in back. So got to have long hose. 14. No place to phones or anything beside the bed while sleeping. 15. Refrigerator door had ding in it and is has takin over 8 months to get new door. Most of the things that I have listed I have fixed myself. These thing Keystone needs to look into on the 2021 models. The price you pay for a camper you shouldn't have to worry about how things work together or the craftmanship. We like the floor plan but the craftmanship for Keystone is not there in the Sunsets Trails.
- Tony, North Carolina

2020-10-29 2011 CrossRoads Cruiser 315RE Patriot Edition View Listings

We were able to live in this trailer very comfortably when we wintered in fla.The opposing slides in the living area made it quite large and airy.The trailor is quite easy to haul because of its light weight (9232lbs). All the extras that come with the Patriot Edition make it very easy to live in. Unfortunately, due to the loss of my husband, I am not able to camp anymore.
- Sue Willgens, New York

2020-10-10 2014 CrossRoads Zinger View Listings

I love the floor plan but ever since we bought it there has been a musty smell! I’ve checked drains, pipes, the fridge and we’ve mold bombed it twice! Has anyone else had this issue, what did you do for it!
- Clarence Dutcher, South Carolina

2020-10-08 2020 CrossRoads Hampton HP371KL View Listings

Hampton is a terrible company to buy an RV from. 4 screws came out of the wall that held blinds, trim on ceiling starting to come down, doors that won't stay closed, stove that was sent without grommets, Fireplace rattles like a firebell, etc...Hamptons answer to all this is it isn't covered under 1 year warranty, but a 90 day adjustment warranty which is useless because it is a park model and 2 hours from service. Dealer said make a note of problems and all would be fixed at season end. Huge problems trying to get solutions from Hampton and all they can say is"sucks to be you - should read your owners manual"
- K. Cronin, Ontario

2020-10-06 2020 CrossRoads Sunset Trail 253RB View Listings

Things I love- The floorplan, bathroom, king bed, huge kitchen sink, outdoor kitchen with a sink and large fridge that is under the awning. Cons- leak in our toilet on the first trip, a few screws coming out of the doors and outside plastic paneling and the doorways are short (one of the main buying points was the height ceilings but the bathroom and bedroom doorways are lower). These are all to be expected because its a house on wheels.
- Melissa, New York

2020-10-05 2020 CrossRoads Sunset Trail 253RB View Listings

We've owned several campers over the years and have figured out exactly works for us and our needs. The floor plan is perfect for couples. For me must haves were a large outside kitchen, power jacks, fold down stairs outside. Inside I wanted the bedroom and bathroom on opposite ends (for privacy), king-size bed, walk-in pantry not to mention a residential fridge and large dinette. It's perfect for us. I also wanted to stay under 30' tip to tip. The camper itself is 27'4", so we can easily get in and out of all state park sites here in MI. So far the quality has been top-notch. I keep a close eye on the roof and check for leaks regularly (like I have with all campers I've owned). All the appliances function as they should and have no problems to date.
- Chuck Wolfe, Michigan

2020-09-23 2018 Crossroads Sunset Trail Super Lite 271RL View Listings

I pulled the RV from Tampa to Spring Hill. Approx 50 miles or so once my nephew and his wife bought their home in Spring Hill. I was extremely surprised at how well the RV pulled, especially being a bumper pull unit. It was hardly noticeable that it was back there and it was very easy to back into the space.
- Dominick Alesandrini, Florida

2020-09-09 2020 Crossroads Cameo View Listings

We purchased this RV, fall 2019. Did not use it until June 2020. The slide out where the table and chairs are located and the fireplace and TV is so warped, it is like a bowl. The table and chairs do not sit well on it. The fireplace makes noise when it is on. If the TV is on and you go to move it slide it in or out it goes off. The kitchen cabinets are not very user-friendly, middle post in the cabinets do not allow for bigger items to be put in there, The silverware drawer and drawers below it, four of them ,are so shallow they hardly hold anything. As far as kitchen cabinets go, it’s totally a poor layout. Big sink with three ridges on the top is a pain in the butt to clean might look good , but not functional. The slide in the bedroom that houses the TV and the fireplace which also makes noise leaks when it rains. The leveling system Has to be re-calibrated, the water does not drain from our shower as underneath it looks as though the water has to run uphill! In the spring we noted right away about the floor being bowed in the dining room we contacted them right away. We were told it would be going back to the factory in the fall, they would come and get it , fix it and bring it back. Well we just found out today that that is not the case ,the dealership where we bought it will be the ones fixing it. Where is the factory warranty, what if it can’t be fixed properly? who is responsible for that. We love the layout of our new camper but feel for the money there is too many Issues with the cameo that is just poor workmanship. The camper that we traded in was a cruiser, absolutely loved it eight drawers in the kitchen, kitchen was very user-friendly. And very well put together. We traded for the rear kitchen which we did have in the cruiser but liked the king size bed and the larger bathroom instead. What a mistake we made.
- Audrey Thornton, North Dakota

2020-09-08 2020 Crossroads Sunset Trail SS186BH View Listings

First trip out. No hot water. I needed to turn the bypass valves but when this camper was built they forgot to make an access to the valves. We had to take a crowbar to the inside of the storage compartment for access. Got home from the first trip. A total of 250 miles. The cold weather package had a sealed belly. The plastic was hanging down rubbing on the axle.
- Ron Koller, Minnesota

2020-09-07 2018 Crossroads Zinger 18BH View Listings

we purchased a zinger crossroad 18bh new last year. 1. Was popping fuses right and left. 2. Our hot water worked for one weekend took a year to get fixed. Covid 19 was partially to blame because of postal service. 3. Went camping had to come home after 2 days our roof started leaking soaked all my clothing and the stench was horrid. Called the rv shop where we purchased first thing out of his mouth was its out of warranty. As i said previous we purchased last summer. To bad no customer service to help. Up until this point the guy was helpful.
- Rosalie Stonehouse, Ontario

2020-09-02 2021 Crossroads Sunset Trail SS212RB View Listings

Any brand of travel trailers is going to have varying degrees of issues. This unit had very few. After 2 trips & 1200 miles, a few beads of caulk needed to be added, a few minor door adjustments, a missing screw in one of the shower enclosure walls and a shelf that needed to be re-secured. All minor issues and fixed all of them myself. Would highly recommend this unit. Would have given it 5 stars if it had the LP gas/12 Vdc fridge instead of 12 volt only. But I upgraded batteries and we’re getting used to it.
- Tony Giammarinaro , Washington

2020-08-29 2019 CrossRoads Sunset Trail 259RL View Listings

tripb1: water hookup fell off after hooking hose up. they put 1 of 3 screws into nothing. First big rain storm, left awning out. 1 arm bent and broke. 1 screw broke on weather strip where fiberglass front meets stone guard. Water leak from pipes under sink. All of this in the 1st 2 weeks. Only drove it from dealer to campsite. Maybe 50 miles. Switched dinette from bed to table and both leg brackets cracked. moved trailer from camp to house. maybe 15 miles. my son has been sleeping in camper. Table top is warping. Window in livingroom area started to leak water. Had to cualk it. None of the shades or windows operate easily. Only owned it since July of 2019. It is now August of 2020. Nothing has been used except the TV and dinette bed since September of 2019. I broke a blind trying to open a window and 1 screen frame fell apart. Hate to see what happens if we actually travel and camp for any length of time. Are all Travel Trailers this problematic? First time owner. Fixed all probkems myself, right away. The awning was partially covered but we had to put a different awning on because they dicontinued the original right after we bought it.
- Richard Willey, Massachusetts

2020-08-14 2011 CrossRoads Zinger 270RL View Listings

The open floor space in the dining room/kitchen is great. The walk in shower is roomy enough you may forget you are in a fifth wheel. Plenty of space to put your clothes. Very well maintained and comes very clean
- ryan grable, Missouri

2020-08-13 2019 CrossRoads Cruiser 3451FB View Listings

2019 Crossroads Cruiser 3451FB 5th wheel. Bath and a half half with residential refrigerator, dual AC, auto leveling jacks, king bed and large master bathroom. Great floor plan and amenities with ample storage inside and out. The 84 gallons grey, 84 gallons black and 63 gallons fresh water tanks provide outstanding capacity and the rear fold down rack gives extra room for up to 200 lbs of additional items. We LOVE this RV.
- Steve , Wisconsin

2020-08-04 2020 CrossRoads Volante 270BH View Listings

The workman ship is poor. The quality is very poor. The slide out leaked within 2 days of having it. The fuse blew in the refrigerator at the same time. The bathroom showers leaks. The antenna that is suppose to be state of the art is trash. Cannot get more than 3 channels, where we got 28 in the same spot with our 2012 Razor back. Communication is not an option. Dont buy a crossroads.
- Cheryl Averitt, Texas

2020-07-13 2020 CrossRoads Zinger 18RD View Listings

My daughter and her boyfriend purchased this about five weeks ago. The first night the shower leaked and half of the equipment did not work and was shorted out. Salesman told me that we did it because we can only use a 110v plug even though it has a 220v plug on it. (He had no clue). Took four weeks to get it back and within two days the bedroom A/C started blowing hot air. We have had nothing but problems with this piece of crap. When we dropped it off with the dealer the first time the service man even told us that he touch a trailer that wasn’t working properly and it electrocuted him. We are not happy with this product at all!!!!!
- Chris Holman, Texas

2020-07-11 2018 CrossRoads Zinger ZR328SB View Listings

Low quality unit. Warranty is aweful! Canopy held on by 3 sheet metal screws.fell off first time used, striking mother in law on head.Refused to cover, tried to blame us for their garbage unit.we had to go through insurance company to get the unit repaired and useable again.It took 1 1/2 Years to get repaired.
- James Todd, New York

2020-07-07 2014 CrossRoads Rushmore Lincoln View Listings

Just bought this unit used. It's 6 years old and everything works! That's a far cry from the new ones now. It's too bad they stopped making them. The quality is very good. I am very happy with this purchase. I would not trade this for a new one!
- Susan, Saskatchewan

2020-06-30 2013 CrossRoads Sunset Trail 25RB View Listings

My wife and I bought this in 2013 and have had nothing but problems. Dealer will do nothing.leaks all over since day one. Am replacing part of the floor now and will never buy another camper from them or this product. Very disappointed in all of them
- Mark Brugler , Ohio

2020-06-25 2014 Crossroads Sunset Trail Reserve ST32RL View Listings

Bought my 2014 sunset trail reserve new. Right after one of the sides leaked bad. They fixed it but 6 yrs later back area floor soft had to replace. Found another area by door and another by another window. Also wall on one of slides ( under window). ALSO ALL the vinyl is peeling bad!!!!! All cushions ruined.
- Michele booker, Louisiana

2020-06-16 2013 CrossRoads Rushmore Washington RF39WA View Listings

With 40+ years of owning Campers this was one of my favorites! The Floor plan is wide open with the 2 full slides in the main living area plus 2 more full slides in the Master! We took this Camper to the 4 corners of the U.S. with no major issues! We especially liked the kitchen island w/sink, Dual-Fridges, double Gray Tanks & space for 'extended family' to sleep on air-mattresses in the LR and Master! The only 'wish' I had was to have the 4-point leveling system. Other than that, it is a great camper that gave my family life-long memories!
- John Patton, Nebraska

2020-06-15 2020 Crossroads Zinger 320FB View Listings

POS. I bought a 37 foot brand new. Had to be ordered. Came in with hail damage and outdoor kitchen counter broken (nobody said a word). Took home with dealer promise to repair. 2 days in hot water heater quit, 3rd day window leaking water inside. Screen fell off screen door because it wasn’t properly installed. Rear AC stopped blowing cold after 2 weeks. Every time I turn around something is messing up. Dealer only days bring it in and we’ll fix it. 2 hour drive and takes a month or longer. This product is a joke. I’m a master mechanic and take cars apart and put back together daily. This thing built cheap!!! I’m still waiting to see what if anything the manufacturer will do. If they do right I’ll change my opinion.
- Joshua, Texas