Riverside RV Retro Reviews on RV Insider (19)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Riverside RV Retro RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Keith Horowitz from California says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2017 Riverside RV Retro 177 View Listings

Trailer gets tons of admiring looks and compliments, and we love the layout. Problem, as stated by most leaving reviews that I wish I read BEFORE I purchased, this trailer basically comes with NO WARRANTY, because the company does not stand behind the quality of their product, which is really shameful. We were on our third trip with our 10 month old Riverside Retro 177. On our last fueling stop before returning home, my wife noticed that our awning was gone! Only thing left were two bars that hold the awning that punched a 7" hole in our door, and scratched and dented the whole side and part of the roof beyond repair. We took a picture of the rig on the previous stop, because we thought that it looked cute in front of the Waffle House we were at, and awning is visible in pic with no issues. Since all of our trips were very short, we have NEVER taken the awning out. You guessed it, Riverside RV said that the awning flying off driving 55 mph was not their fault, and not covered under warranty. Buyer beware!!
- Keith Horowitz, California

2020-08-16 2020 Riverside RV Retro 171DRD View Listings

So disappointing. I don’t know what I was thinking not checking the reviews on this thing first. I bought it to live in and simplify! Hah! The paneling is peeling, there is a leak from the shower, the toilet is constantly having issues... oh and I went to unplug my coffee maker the other day and the WHOLE mechanism came out of the wall and cracked. I have lived in it for less than 3 weeks!!!!
- Mindy , Alabama

2020-07-24 2018 Riverside RV Retro 177SE View Listings

I loved the look and new appliances that's it. The construction is horrible. I don't know where to begin. The staples pulling out of wall and board on platform for bed, trim etc etc. Now to the big part. The wet bath is very very unstable. When you step in to use it for potty or shower you are on the drain area. Problem is under that drain is open space so no stability. The drain hose slipped sideways and water went pouring out under the seams onto my floor twice. I cleaned it up immediately but didnt matter. The floor was screwed . These floors can not get wet at all soaks up immediately into the base with is pressed plywood. Suddenly stain appeared on laminate and it's full of mold and mildew on a trailer because it has no place to evaporate, windows get the least little rain through them and that part of floor is permanently wet stained. This is a trailer not old and just started using this year. I'm waiting on insurance to approve flooring guy and sick in my trailer as I stuck out of state because of covid with mold in it. Regret everyday buying this. Theres so much more but dont want to write it.
- Shelley , Ohio

2020-07-07 2020 Riverside RV Retro 171DRD View Listings

BEWARE. DO NOT PURCHASE. I purchased my adorable retro in April 2020. I’m a single mom and so excited to take my daughter out glamping. This RV is literally falling apart before my eyes! The auto jack quit working, the awning fell out and we haven’t even used it, hole in the roof caused a leak and mold, the cabinet doors fall off and the screws don’t work/tighten, now the freaking shower is leaking from the inside and I just found the entire wall is RUINED. The walls are mushy and the paper coming off and I’m sure mold is next. Only a couple months and the molding falls off the seams have fallen off. This is the WORST decision I’ve ever made. I’m terrified to use it and really terrified to move it. I’m so sad and disappointed
- Terri, California

2020-05-22 2019 Riverside RV Retro 179SE View Listings

BEWARE! BEWARE! BEWARE! I am a manufacturing engineer so I know quality standards. It is clear to see that Riverside could care less. Their RV's are literally thrown together. It is one of the worst RV's I have ever seen. After looking into the interior wiring and plumbing, OMG! What a piece of junk! According to the person I spoke with at the Riverside Indiana facility, they are an Amish owned company that do not use Standard Operating Procedures. This means the trailers are assembled different each time. The rep on phone stated, "good luck with a wiring diagram, they are never the same". The person there also stated that they've worked for many RV companies and most do the same. This trailer was brand new! After a 400 mile trek, we opened the doors and found panel trim coming off. The cover to the vent in the ceiling was in the floor. Sawdust was everywhere. The awning was used once and a few days later stopped working. The voltage at the switch is 12 volts but the voltage through the wiring to the motor is 7.1V. I am seeing now that they used 10AWG wire instead of 16AWG and ran it to God knows where. This adds resistance thus lowering the voltage. When speaking with Riverside. I don't know. What a bunch of clowns. Now it must be rewired. Now how in the hell is that going to be possible with all the cheap wood panels glued together. What a junky junker! It is too bad that this industry decided to go on the cheap. It appears corporations require regulations or they just skip and tread in everything!
- KEVIN PAUL, New Mexico

2020-03-03 2020 Riverside RV Retro 135 View Listings

My wife and I love the layout of the unit. I have a jku jeep so the weight was perfect. Large bath and large refrigerator was a big selling point. I wish it had a rear awning over the door. And no light under the awning on the side.
- Arvo Bowen , Georgia

2020-02-18 2019 Riverside RV Retro 177 View Listings

The trailer is cute and well laid out. It has everything two people need to be comfortable on a long trip. We get compliments on the appearance and styling of it. Our Honda Ridgeline pulls it easily. That being said, the quality control is TERRIBLE. Staples falling out all over the place, sealant carelessly smeared on body seams with a finger. Water leaks appeared within the first year. A weld on the entry step broke in the first few months. Cheap materials, hastily assembled by seemingly untrained people. Despite the lovely interior and neat retro appearance, I wouldn't buy another product from Whitewater / Riverside. The lack of care with which it was assembled offends me. The dealer addressed all the issues, I fixed others and we continue to camp in it. We will keep it, but buyers should beware of Riverside RVs. They don't seem to care about the quality of the products they are building, I'm sorry to say.
- Dave Burnham, Arizona

2020-01-29 2018 Riverside RV Retro 189R View Listings

I brought my retro June 2018. Had accident going 3 mph. Took the camper to Travelcamp in Jacksonville Fl, I took on 02/23/18 for repairs.i got my camper back on Aug 2018. Tiffany and Paul kept telling they waiting for a panel,I call the parts department to find out they did not ordered the part until May 2018. When I drop off they told it be ready around 04/10/2018. Well whe I got it back they had shove asphalt imto my electric jack,then when I wanted to use my extend warrant to find out they did not pay Easycare for extended warrant or my gap insurance.They pocket my $3100.00.i now I have beautiful camper with a refrigator that does not work,
- Margsret. Johnson, Florida

2020-01-19 2019 Riverside RV Retro 135 View Listings

I bought a Retro 135 RV riverside TRAVEL TRAILER I like it thus far under 3000 pounds its great for 2 people but can sleep 4 its cool has the vintage style retro look and nice birch wood interior i really like its kind of small but has all the options of bigger travel trailers is a good trailer thus far
- mark hanning, Missouri

2020-01-04 2020 Riverside RV Retro 135 View Listings

We love our 2020 Riverside retro 135. Easy to tow. Plenty of storage space. The craftsmanship is just par. Had to fix a few small things. Everyone gives us compliments. Very easy to hook up and just go camping.
- Mark Dooley, Kentucky

2019-12-09 2019 Riverside RV Retro 179SE View Listings

We purchased our riverside retro August 2018. We have owned this now for 16 months. Our first camp out we had a major water leak in the shower, the air conditioner went out and the furnace had issues. Riverside took care of all the issues under warranty. Fourteen months later we have major concern as our water tank under our trailer is sagging due to the board and brackets being loose. Inside the bed frame now in not sitting flush on the floor with one side with a gap and in front of the bed screws are coming through the linoleum. Riverside is not covering this as the warranty is past twelve months even though we have an extended warranty for eight years. ( won’t cover structural). We are VERY disappointed and we are afraid as to what is next. We would not recommend buying this trailer, poor workmanship.
- Gene & Candi Dana, Washington

2019-10-25 2017 Riverside RV Retro 819R View Listings

This retro was painted in the Harley theme so as Harley owners it was great. Every where we took it people would gather to look at it. It was very easy to pull with our Chevy 1500. The only problem we experienced was an issue with the tail lights. The next day after bringing it home we noticed only 1/2 the diodes were not working and the other side did not work at all. The lights had to be ordered and were replaced within a couple of weeks only to have the same problem a month later. After another couple of weeks the lights were replaced again. now 1 1/2 years later 1/2 the diodes do not work and I have learned to live with it, but that is the only issue and love this little toy hauler.
- tony, Missouri

2019-08-09 2019 Riverside RV Retro White Water View Listings

Very cheaply made. There's no quality controll. I purchased a 2019 retro white water. i 6beleive was the 177 series. The first time i took a shower i found approximately 1/4 inch of water on the bathroom floor. A o ring was busted in the Drain. Which probably came like that from the factory. Since the trailer was new.I took it back to the dealer and traded it back in for a kodiak cub.( jury is still out on this one) I would avoid these ( RETROS) trailers at all cost!! I was told 90 percent of them leak when they come from the factory. Good Luck.
- Dennis, Oklahoma

2019-01-13 2018 Riverside RV Retro 189R View Listings

This a hard to get model and I went through hoops to get it. It has a comfortable layout with a walkaround bed, stereo, 4 burner gas stove, outdoor shower and outside speakers too! It has all the bells and whistles. Ample room in shower/tub too! Tows great with light vehicle. We get lots of attention when driving down the road in the Retro trailer.
- George Butts, California

2019-01-12 2017 Riverside RV Retro 180R View Listings

My hosband and I love the look of our Retro camper. We chose this Model and Manufacturer because the dealer described it as high quality. Unfortunately after just 4 camping trips the upholstery at the end of the dinette started fraying. The dealer replaced them, only to have the exact problem happen again within 6 months. I called Riverside and dealt with a very rode customer service Reno who said there was nothing they could do, it was our problem. I am so disappointed and would not recommend Riverside if you want quality and caring customer service.
- Joyce Jennings, New York

2018-10-04 2016 Riverside RV Retro 177SE View Listings

As others have said, the construction is shoddy. Unless you fill at least 10 gals of water in the tank, the trailer bounces so bad that things fly out of the cupboards. I like the look, and space is good. The refrigerator has been a problem because ,it seems that the jets do not work well over 5K ft. Our butane tank holder has separated from the frame, so the welds were less than ideal. There are other issues, but the bottom line is construction is poor. I won’t buy another one, but it does get folks attention. I have had to do a lot of DIY to make things safer. The last thing that is disconcerting is that there are so many things behind the scenes that are working it really drains the battery. Thanks
- John P, Colorado

2018-06-21 2018 Riverside RV Retro 155 View Listings

It’s beautiful, comfortable, easy to pull, easy to use, unique, is customized well, nice cherrywood craftsmanship by the Amish, nice storage area, has luxurious feeling for size, love the Bose entertainment system, very nice switches, no wires to be seen, lightning is nice and abundant inside and out, nice shower inside and out, nice hood over stove under the microwave, materials are great, easy to use awning. Etc etc
- Nida fernandez, California

2018-06-14 2016 Riverside RV Retro 509 JR View Listings

Easy to tow, park, and store. Adding a small front tire makes it easier to push for one person. Sleeps 2 comfortably. No putting up a tent. Just park and plug in. Protected from the weather and animals. Enough light, plugins, and storage. You can make it your own style inside or outside. We put a 24" TV in the middle cabinet. Everyone couldn't believe there was a queen size bed inside. We added two stabilizer jacks in the rear for extra stability and a 2" lift so it was hire off the ground. The only thing I didn't like was that the hydraulic hinges for the back kitchen hatch would pop off. The screws on the inside wall would get stressed from the hinge being to close to the door seal and would come off or the hinge would pop out. Door hatch dropped on our heads a few times. Just took them out and used a wood rod.
- Karena, Ohio

2017-06-06 2016 Riverside RV Retro 177SE View Listings

Great Rv. Can tow with a car. Very well thought out storage and space. Comfortable bed... queen not double! Thought the bathroom shower combo would be small, but plenty of space. Very easy hookups and leveling. Great trailer and so cute. Everywhere we go people ask about it. We just need a toy hauler for the new motorcycle.
- Sue, Nevada