Riverside RV Retro RVs Reviews (8)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Riverside RV Retro RVs Reviews and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of these RVs.

Keith Horowitz from California says:

Have you owned any Riverside RV Retro RVs? Write a review

Voted Most Helpful Review 2017 Riverside RV Retro 177 View Listings

Trailer gets tons of admiring looks and compliments, and we love the layout. Problem, as stated by most leaving reviews that I wish I read BEFORE I purchased, this trailer basically comes with NO WARRANTY, because the company does not stand behind the quality of their product, which is really shameful. We were on our third trip with our 10 month old Riverside Retro 177. On our last fueling stop before returning home, my wife noticed that our awning was gone! Only thing left were two bars that hold the awning that punched a 7" hole in our door, and scratched and dented the whole side and part of the roof beyond repair. We took a picture of the rig on the previous stop, because we thought that it looked cute in front of the Waffle House we were at, and awning is visible in pic with no issues. Since all of our trips were very short, we have NEVER taken the awning out. You guessed it, Riverside RV said that the awning flying off driving 55 mph was not their fault, and not covered under warranty. Buyer beware!!
- Keith Horowitz, California

2019-08-09 2019 Riverside RV Retro White Water View Listings

Very cheaply made. There's no quality controll. I purchased a 2019 retro white water. i 6beleive was the 177 series. The first time i took a shower i found approximately 1/4 inch of water on the bathroom floor. A o ring was busted in the Drain. Which probably came like that from the factory. Since the trailer was new.I took it back to the dealer and traded it back in for a kodiak cub.( jury is still out on this one) I would avoid these ( RETROS) trailers at all cost!! I was told 90 percent of them leak when they come from the factory. Good Luck.
- Dennis, Oklahoma

2019-01-13 2018 Riverside RV Retro 189R View Listings

This a hard to get model and I went through hoops to get it. It has a comfortable layout with a walkaround bed, stereo, 4 burner gas stove, outdoor shower and outside speakers too! It has all the bells and whistles. Ample room in shower/tub too! Tows great with light vehicle. We get lots of attention when driving down the road in the Retro trailer.
- George Butts, California

2019-01-12 2017 Riverside RV Retro 180R View Listings

My hosband and I love the look of our Retro camper. We chose this Model and Manufacturer because the dealer described it as high quality. Unfortunately after just 4 camping trips the upholstery at the end of the dinette started fraying. The dealer replaced them, only to have the exact problem happen again within 6 months. I called Riverside and dealt with a very rode customer service Reno who said there was nothing they could do, it was our problem. I am so disappointed and would not recommend Riverside if you want quality and caring customer service.
- Joyce Jennings, New York

2018-10-04 2016 Riverside RV Retro 177SE View Listings

As others have said, the construction is shoddy. Unless you fill at least 10 gals of water in the tank, the trailer bounces so bad that things fly out of the cupboards. I like the look, and space is good. The refrigerator has been a problem because ,it seems that the jets do not work well over 5K ft. Our butane tank holder has separated from the frame, so the welds were less than ideal. There are other issues, but the bottom line is construction is poor. I won’t buy another one, but it does get folks attention. I have had to do a lot of DIY to make things safer. The last thing that is disconcerting is that there are so many things behind the scenes that are working it really drains the battery. Thanks
- John P, Colorado

2018-06-21 2018 Riverside RV Retro 155 View Listings

It’s beautiful, comfortable, easy to pull, easy to use, unique, is customized well, nice cherrywood craftsmanship by the Amish, nice storage area, has luxurious feeling for size, love the Bose entertainment system, very nice switches, no wires to be seen, lightning is nice and abundant inside and out, nice shower inside and out, nice hood over stove under the microwave, materials are great, easy to use awning. Etc etc
- Nida fernandez, California

2018-06-14 2016 Riverside RV Retro 509 JR View Listings

Easy to tow, park, and store. Adding a small front tire makes it easier to push for one person. Sleeps 2 comfortably. No putting up a tent. Just park and plug in. Protected from the weather and animals. Enough light, plugins, and storage. You can make it your own style inside or outside. We put a 24" TV in the middle cabinet. Everyone couldn't believe there was a queen size bed inside. We added two stabilizer jacks in the rear for extra stability and a 2" lift so it was hire off the ground. The only thing I didn't like was that the hydraulic hinges for the back kitchen hatch would pop off. The screws on the inside wall would get stressed from the hinge being to close to the door seal and would come off or the hinge would pop out. Door hatch dropped on our heads a few times. Just took them out and used a wood rod.
- Karena, Ohio

2017-06-06 2016 Riverside RV Retro 177SE View Listings

Great Rv. Can tow with a car. Very well thought out storage and space. Comfortable bed... queen not double! Thought the bathroom shower combo would be small, but plenty of space. Very easy hookups and leveling. Great trailer and so cute. Everywhere we go people ask about it. We just need a toy hauler for the new motorcycle.
- Sue, Nevada