Palomino Reviews on RV Insider (161)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Palomino RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

David from Iowa says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2016 Palomino Puma 31DBTS View Listings

unit should have been checked over better, way to many little thing, had to bring it back to the dealer 6 times the first year, now out of warrantee and we have bigger issues,,,,, MFG. blaming dealer,, dealer blaming MFG. bottem line i get the shaft....
- David, Iowa

2020-04-01 2015 Palomino Real-Lite HS-1806 View Listings

Our truck camper has been great. It is well constructed and the layout works wonderfully. It has many features with tv hookup inside and out, am/fm radio with CD player, plus air conditioning which our last one did not. For a truck camper this unit has a lot of storage and we can easily fit all that we need to travel for a couple of weeks. Although it will not fit through the rock formations on Needles Highway in SD. It has an inside shower, but we really love the outdoor shower. My husband design a shower curtain for this area so it is more convenient to use. It has been a lot of fun. The only reason we are selling it is because we are recently retired and travel with our horses. We are looking for a horse trailer with a larger living area to spend winters in warmer weather.
- JoAnn Fink, Wisconsin

2020-03-23 2017 Palomino Columbus Compass 384RD View Listings

As soon as we took delivery from Camping World on this coach, everything starting falling off the walls, window treatments, covers, TV fell in the floor and shattered, pull cables were too hard to pull, tires wore out in less than 5,000 miles, awning after 2 years tore for no reason at all. Too afraid to take it anywhere with something else going wrong.
- David Akins, South Carolina

2020-03-08 2018 Palomino Puma XLE Lite 27QBC View Listings

Junk. Dealer did a poor job checking it out, so did not return for more poor service. Now out of warranty and it leakes like crazy. We fix one place and another shows up. Had to drain under lining several times. This trlr would not even make a good dog house. Wish we could get our money back. The paint on the stabalizers was a joke. The factory painted o er oil so paint has pealed off and all 4 jacks are extremely rusty. The vanity cabinet was poorly done. It looks like a rat chewed the hole for the water lines to pass thru to the shower. The privacy curtain was screwed into the thin ceiling and pulled out when we were going down the highway. This trailer is crap, crap, crap! Would trade it but don't feel right passing this piece of junk on to someone else.
- Sharon Skinner, Texas

2020-03-04 2019 Palomino Columbus 297RK View Listings

We like the floor plane . we found the cupboards and doors to be cheaply made . Some of the workmanship is poor' we had a dozen thing that had to be redone. holes not fill in around plumbing, doors coming a part, squeaky slides. doors in the closet plastic runners came off.one of the big things is no shades in slide beside the bed. trying to work with customer support on that. Am being told that maybe the way it was designed? shade in all the window except by the bed. pretty damn cheap. I may have to buy the shades but I will asked who made that decision. this company is suppose to have a good name. but cutting corners like this isn't good
- Larry, North Carolina

2020-02-28 2019 Palomino Solaire 316RLTS View Listings

RV had nothing but problems from day 2. Laundry room (no washer or dryer installed). Leaking had repairman out 4 times, galley sink faucet replaced 2 times leak repair 4 times. Facade tape peeling off all wood, refridgerator floor collapsed, pull out roof leaking, tv mount came off and shattered tv, drawer bottoms falling out , screw in wood placed but went to nowhere,and topper was fresh water tank falling off bottom of trailer on interstate 10 in Louisiana. ALL IN FIRST 80 DAYS OF OWNERSHIP!!! factory took possession will have it returned after a month or so.. dealer will take back or trade at used sale price. Or equal value of used sale price. We are out lodging, lost perishables, rental trailer ( to place all our belongings and then storage to place it while awaiting return.) Over all disappointed over whole experience to say least. We no longer feel safe in this vehicle. We paid cash brand new and will most likely get screwed and take loss if we trade in.. shaking my head.
- Em, Idaho

2020-02-16 2018 Palomino Puma 286RBSS View Listings

We first bought the camper on 08-21-2018 now for brand new the price wasn’t bad and it was the floor plan we liked however we have had nothing but problems since the day we bought it way to many to list on her but as of now the other dealer has it for repairs and has had it for 5 months not their fault of course original dealer actually screwed things up and stole my propane tanks which were full but magically empty when we got it back have had slide out rebuilt 2 times and we have only camped 2 times in it along with the other thousands of dollars it has cost to fix not me personally but the factory and now we are told the roof has to be replaced on the entire camper not happy campers at all!!!!!!!!!!!! I would say it would be cheaper to have them give me my money back or give me a new one but will NEVER buy another puma. you would thing to pay as much for it as you would a car the quality would be so much more we did t make it to the wv ky. Border and had to take it back to get a vent cover replaced and it has cascaded from there
- Jeremy williams, West Virginia

2020-02-13 2020 Palomino Puma Destination 37PFL View Listings

The major problem is the floor. The stability and quality leaves a lot to be desired when seating in the recliner you can feel someone move in the bedroom. If you walk on the slide out you can feel it move the dealership had the sugustion to tie it down like you would a mobile home
- Ray Palmer, Texas

2020-02-12 2017 Palomino Real-Lite 17BS View Listings

This is a great rig. My wife and I have enjoyed the layout and maneuverability. We are selling it because we are not able to camp any longer due to health issues. We have added some extras to the rig, such as roof vent covers, extra storage, we also have a transferable 4 year warranty.
- Luther Hanna , Colorado

2020-02-03 2020 Palomino Puma 31RLQS View Listings

The dealer was great. But the quality of the trailer was thrown together. I gave up a top quality spree for this. Totally unhappy. Now I'm stuck with this. Please check out the trailer well before you purchase.
- Kim Harris , Alabama

2020-01-31 2015 Palomino Backpack Edition SS-1500 View Listings

First off, I would never purchase another camper from the St. Lake City Access RV. I was pushed into signing the release by the "finance woman" before I ever saw my camper, and I strongly believe they sold me a floor model and not a brand new camper. The wear and tear strongly suggests that my camper was something on the floor that people kicked around before buying. I knew better, but after driving 8 hours to SLC, and then realizing I lost an hour to the time change, I nevertheless made my late afternoon appointment, paid cash for my camper, and was strong armed into signing the release before ever seeing "my camper"....The service mgr had some additional surprises for me, wanting additional money for this and that, and my friendly sales person was AWOL once I paid for the camper. I have removed any reference on my camper to Access RV, and when asked I say go to further east like Wyoming to buy your camper. The further east you go the cheaper the unit costs. Treat me right and I will sing your praises, treat me poorly as they did and I will blast them until my grave. Second off, I never received an adequate answer as to why FR indicated that the 1500 SS model had a gray water tank. It does not. There could have been a gray water tank placed under the shower, and allowed it to drain separately from the black water tank, but there is none. Negatives is the quality of "craftmanship" in the closet area being poorly sawed paneling That said, I have this camper on a 2008 long bed truck and with additional levee springs, it rides very well. I am in the camper for over a month each year in Montana, and being alone, it is very comfortable, functional, and with a full service hook up never a problem. The refrigerator works well, two stove burner more than adequate, I have added a portable microwave over the refrigerator, the hot water is plentiful, the shower a little cramped but not too bad, plenty of closet space and I can store food very well under the bed and in the cabinets. The forced air heater works great on cold nights, and the two tank propane system lasts a very long time. Finally, the electric roof elevator is excellent, and the methodology of closing everything off, putting the ceiling fan on to suck in the sides, works extremely well. Before I had a purchased in Woodland, CA a top of the line Four Wheel Grandby, but found it awkward and pushing up the roof a real hassle. Plus, the wood support that angled over the bed would wake me up at night. Sometimes in a panic wondering what's that? In comparison the Palomino 1500 SS is a far better model, and the indoor shower and toilet a major plus. In all, I like my 1500 SS because I camp alone and I have not attempted it with a dog or companion. It is best at a full service hook up, but I have purchased a gray water exterior tank for the dry camping at Pyramid Lake. Nevertheless, I will always be sore about the references to a "gray water tank" both in the brochure and owner's guide, that I rudely found out later did not exist. Lastly, never purchase the sealant package because it is over priced and pure non-sense. Quickly buy some Scotch Guard and treat your cushions yourself. For $750 it only lines the pockets of the sales staff and "finance woman". I would have given it 5 stars for livability if the dining table arrangement was not so awkward. As a result, I rarely use it.
- Tahoe John, Nevada

2020-01-29 2014 Palomino Puma 259RBSS View Listings

Overall a good entry level camper. Never had an issue with any appliances, ac, heater or water heater. No leaks. Although we store in a carport and inspect roof often. Had to adjust slide a couple of times. Well build unit. Towed about 2500 miles per year on about 7 annual trips. Just sold to upgrade to newer camper. Going to smooth siding instead of metal siding which is always dirty and hard to clean. Had to raise camper 2 inches to fit with out 2500 Ram 4x4.
- John , Georgia

2020-01-20 2015 Palomino Columbus 340RK View Listings

We purchased this unit in Oct. 2018 and moved in May 2019. It was winterized and stored on our property during that time. I am sure the previous owners laughed all the way to the bank and happy with their new Solitude. Self-levelers and jacks don't work, had been worked on at least 3 times under warranty. Heater failed first week of needing it in Nov. 2019. After moving in: Seals on windows failing and moisture inside panes, all window latches required repair so windows would stay open when needed, trim pieces falling off, poor cabinet finish and trim more noticeable and apparent, floor in living room very flexible, front door crooked and loose wall frame, fiberglass in tub showing signs of damage on seat, frig was very warm and freezer hardly working. Upon further investigation, outside vent was blocked due to improper installation by factory. (heat sync was blocked). Bathroom skylight loose and leaking,(repaired by husband and scary to see actual construction when removed) paint on front cap fading and ugly, ..list goes on. We are stuck with this as this was our retirement. It is out of warranty at this point. Husband thought he had done his homework. Wish we'd kept our Keystone Challenger.
- Kim Cox, Nevada

2020-01-20 2019 Palomino Puma 31QBBH View Listings

THE BAD - Roof leaked before first road trip. Shower leaked first time used. Low point drain valve leaked profusely first time out. Refrigerator would not cool down below 40 degrees. Main slide out bottom wooden frame support was broken in two places. After careful examination of the outer shell found silicon smeared all over the camper. Overall very disappointing purchase, seems that quality is way down on the list. It could be we just happen to get a LEMON. THE GOOD - Pulls pretty good. Nice living floor plan. Love the spacious shower.
- Sidney Fee, Kentucky

2020-01-14 2020 Palomino Puma 32BHDB View Listings

This model is spacious but could use more cabinet space in the kitchen. The floors are nice and sturdy no soft spots or sagging. The bedrooms are very spacious for a travel trailer. The bunks are perfect for kids or even adults. Some of the workmanship could use some fine tuning. There was lots of leftover sawdust in the heater floor vents and in the cabinet corners. Some of the cabinet screws were loose and the shower wasn't caulked very well so there was a leak initially. But overall for the money it's a good trailer and I would recommend especially if you have kids.
- Tonya R, Kentucky

2019-12-29 2019 Palomino Puma 31RLQS View Listings

Very cheaply made and unreliable. A/C and Frig went out within 6 mos. Gutters had dip in middle on both sides. Huge gash in the undercover at rear. Slide outs not level. Filthy from factory at pick up. Don't make my mistake and trust anyone. Check everything over twice before accepting it. Still, don't plan on using it much the first year for camping. Make sure you live close to the dealer and have ample time to take it back and forth many times. I read a post about the factory blaming the dealer and vise versa. That is true to my experience. Neither care about you after they have the sale.
- K Sossoman, North Carolina

2019-12-29 2016 Palomino Backpack Edition HS-6601 View Listings

I purchased this camper after retiring from the US Army, don’t have time to use it now, it’s a great camper. It has everything you need to camp anywhere. If you have space to park a truck, you have enough space to camp. Wonderful for any outdoor activities, it takes less then 30 minutes to load and leave for your next adventure.
- R.E. Ogden , West Virginia

2019-12-15 2014 Palomino Columbus 340RK View Listings

We like this floorplan because you enter into the living room and not the kitchen. Secondly, with the 2 opposing slides it really opens up the living area. We bought this unit loaded out with the Voyager package and a stackable washer and dryer. Tows down the highway effortlessly. Quality is as good as the more expensive units out there (Redwood, Mobile Suites, Cross Creek, etc).
- John M, Florida

2019-12-04 2013 Palomino Sabre 34REQS View Listings

I bought this unit new in 2013 and really liked it. Now that I owned it for 6 years, I have had my problems. First, Window leaked in kitchen and bubbled the wall board badly. I pulled it out only to find a cheap seal around it and an opening cut that is so big it barely gets covered by the window. 2nd Plastic supports for closet doors broke and windows too. Had a water supply leak and tore into it to find the rubber washer was on backwards, another leak, found staple in water line. Now the good stuff. Soft spot in floor in bedroom,3 cracked tanks leaking water big time , 2 grey and the black tank. I bought a extended warranty on this for 7 years bumper to bumper, not true. They would not cover the window leak, but they did cover replacement of the 3 tanks and replace the seal in the bedroom slide. This caused the soft spot on the floor. My brochure calmed 25yr warranty on the floor, I contacted Saber and he said they haven't offered that in years, really ? My brochure states 25 yr that was a major reason I bought it. When I pushed him on this he said I have to go to the manufacture of the floor, What BULLS***! I told him you go back not me. I'm not done with him yet, I just got my camper back from service and the floor repair was $850.00. I will be contacting him. One more thing,why is it when you go and ask for parts on a 6yr old unit they say that's an old unit might not be able to get parts. What a crock,I can buy parts for a 60yr old car and nothing for a 6 yr old camper. Oh ya if you do find a part hang on to your ass over the price, one side wheel skirt $585 shipping for a piece of plastic.
- Bill Torok, Ohio

2019-12-03 2016 Palomino Real-Lite 177BH View Listings

It's easy to tow, easy to live in, a great trailer for small family of 1 to 5 people. I like the windows and the shades, easy to use and lots of privacy. It has everything you need for a short vacation or long stay.
- FC, California

2019-11-23 2011 Palomino Bronco 1500 View Listings

We bought this lightly used. We love it, but one problem is it lacks a gray holding tank and many parks don't allow discharge on ground of sink/shower water. But I found a 7 gal tank from a mfr in Elkhart IN that fits under the floor of the shower, and a simple install with a bit of plastic plumbing pipe and a tube/hose from sink drain to the new tank solved the problem for less than $50 total. Also I slightly modified the door and outer trim so the door can be opened when the top is collapsed. Now it has all we need. The only thing is we have to watch the total weight as it approaches to truck load rating.
- Doc Leon, Indiana

2019-11-12 2014 Palomino Columbus 340RK View Listings

We purchased this unit based on 3 important factors: 1) Floorplan 2) Name 3) Weight This floorplan offers the optimum space for the size of unit. It is very open, and when you enter you do not enter into the kitchen/ Instead, you enter into the living room which is large with the 2 opposing slides. The name Columbus, manufactured by a division of Forest River, is a quality built unit for the price. We have had 2 small issues which the factory resolved without a hassle. Lastly the weight is 11,800 unloaded with cargo capacity of 3000 pounds. This allows for a washer and dryer to be added without sacrificing carrying your clothes and other camping equipment. It tows like it is not even behind you. Would recommend unit
- John M, Florida

2019-11-11 2019 Palomino Columbus Compass F377MBC View Listings

We purchased this 5th wheel for my parents as they had plans to retire and explore the country. Some things happened at work and my Dad has decided not to retire and work another 2 year contract. I have 10 acres of property and so the 5th wheel has never been on the road for a trip. We have made an RV hook up site at my home and the 5th wheel is on my property. It's in great shape and will be a perfect unit for some-one who is looking for a new trailer.
- Jeff Black, California

2019-10-19 2011 Palomino Thoroughbred T245 View Listings

We love this travel trailer. Just decided to upgrade a bit. We have enjoyed this camper for 8 years. The camper has rested on a concrete slab since day one. The bathroom is large with tons of storage.
- Holly Broughton, North Carolina

2019-10-18 2018 Palomino SolAire 316RLTS View Listings

This RV has had nothing but problems. The air conditioner has been worked on 5 times in 2 years. The fuses are constantly blowing out and then you have to figure out which one. Last time the slide had a bad fuse and it blocked the fuse box....bad design not even up to national standards. Every time we use this RV we have to have it worked on. We just want to sell the thing. This has to be the worst RV we ever owned.
- Gregg Snyder, Texas