Palomino RVs Reviews (124)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Palomino RVs Reviews and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of these RVs.

David from Iowa says:

Have you owned any Palomino RVs? Write a review

Voted Most Helpful Review 2016 Palomino Puma 31DBTS View Listings

unit should have been checked over better, way to many little thing, had to bring it back to the dealer 6 times the first year, now out of warrantee and we have bigger issues,,,,, MFG. blaming dealer,, dealer blaming MFG. bottem line i get the shaft....
- David, Iowa

2019-08-10 2019 Palomino Backpack Edition SS1240 View Listings

Camper has a comfortable north/south queen bed above cab, fairly easy to get up to loft. Layout is good with refrigerator in the middle but the dinette table raise on the floor is extended to hallway area and easy to stub toes on the raised floor. Owned the RV 1 day and flooded the camper as the water line under the sink was not crimped tight and hose let loose when I turned on the water pump. Tried the stove and 1 burner worked and the other blew a flame from under the burner, scaring when I went to grab the fire extinguisher and there was no extinguisher installed. Rear taillight has moisture in lens and dealership said that it was not sealed in factory so need to order a new taillight. Checked the cabinets and found broken supports because of knots in the wood that weakened supports and also some supports had staples miss the joints so very poor cabinet work. Have rebuilt cabinets and used glue and pocket holes for strength and the dinette table raised floor I shortened alittle over an inch so it don't extend near the hallway. Will continue to improve the craftsmanship on my own to improve the quality and lifetime of camper as it is a nice small footprint at a good price.
- John Hedeen, South Dakota

2019-08-08 2015 Palomino Palomini 142CK View Listings

Bought this unit less than one year old. It is now 5 years and holding up fairly well. The Microwave blew early on, and some minor assembly issues, but over all a solid unit. Tows smoothly and all appliances still work. The only major issue now is the diamond plate at the front has detached at the bottom of the trailer. Apparently, due to lack of sealing, it popped out and has some minor floor rot at the front. I have re attached and sealed with roofing roll sealant. Somewhat annoying considering the premium price for the trailer.
- Chris D, Ontario

2019-08-04 2012 Palomino Columbus 320RS View Listings

Nice floor plan, plenty of room to move around. Kitchen has move around island which is very convenient. Very comfortable seating,electric fireplace is perfect for chilly days. Nice size shower . Plenty of room in bedroom to move around,dress, whatever. Overall a well done setup.
- Andy , Pennsylvania

2019-07-18 2019 Palomino Solaire 202RB View Listings

This review is more a reflection of lack of quality control (QC) at Palomino manufacturing than personal acceptance of the 202RB. I made this purchase due to the fact my wife was not happy trying to rustic camp with a Palomino truck camper (no bathroom), no storage space. I drove 3400 miles to purchase the 202RB, after arriving home, I inspected the unit to see how well it traveled the 1700 miles home. The model I have uses 2 propane manifolds (made of aluminum, not brass). The first manifold is a Tee near the front of the unit and the 2nd manifold is a 4 outlet located near the axles. Both manifolds were detached from the frame. Corrosion and very poor installation resulted in the self tapping screws shearing off. It will take me a few days to correct this problem. The "fantastic" vent/fan in the bathroom had no speed control. That was an easy fix, it was wired wrong. That's a clear lack of QC at Palomino manufacturing. The fan is noisy regardless of speed selected. The Grey/Black water drain pipes were loose. That was a relatively easy fixed, I added a couple of steel straps attached to the frame. The Furrion solar connection (and wiring) are designed to support a "suitcase, integrated controller" purchase. The wiring is not designed to support the installation of a 3rd party solar system. I wanted to install a larger MPPT solar controller to utilize larger solar panels connected in series and an inverter. I'll use a weather proof box to house the MPPT controller and connect it directly to the batteries externally. The factory supplied a "foam" mattress that was very hard, I swapped it out for a Sealy foam mattress. In doing so I noticed the 1/2" plywood under the mattress did not fully support to the edges of the mattress. I'll have to purchase a full sheet of plywood and cut to size (with rounded hardwood edges) to fully support the mattress. Note: the same condition existed for the factory mattress. The kitchen faucet is nice but using the 12 volt pump results in very low water flow. When I turned on the AC, significant amounts of Styrofoam beads exited the vents, looked like it was snowing. That makes me wonder how well the vented ducts are designed, clearly not designed with actual vent conduit. The unit does not have a "master" 12V switch to completely disconnect the batteries. So make sure you disconnect the batteries if you decide to do some wiring improvements. The Furrion "entertainment" unit remains powered (its lights remain illuminated) even when turned off. The tires are 14", made in China. I will be purchasing new 15" rims so I can mount LT (light truck) tires. Search Youtube for RV trailer tire blow outs, its a serious problem. That's a vendor/design issue, not a manufacturing QC issue. On the positive side, the cabinets remained fully intact, no doors came loose, no lights (LED) fell off the ceiling, and my wife loves the full bathroom (it has a porcelain toilet). There are a few other nice little upgrades, it has extended rain gutters, nice folding aluminum steps, LED tail/running lights and a fair amount of storage space. The axles are Torflex suspension. I camp early spring and late fall in the northern White mountains of AZ, I'm not sure this 202RB will survive non-paved roads. I will definitely consider a GEO PRO by next year. Towing this 202RB reduced my F350 diesel MPGs from 13.8 to 10.3, that's a serious increase in fuel cost.
- D Mill, Arizona

2019-07-18 2014 Palomino Puma 30RKSS View Listings

We like our camper but had to deal with some issues. We are on our 5th Dometic A/C unit in 5 years. Vinyl peeling off of table cushions, chairs, and trim. Cracks and leaks in skylights, made real cheap. Not sure if I would recommend this RV to a family or friend.
- timdetiveaux@hotmail.com, Louisiana

2019-07-13 2014 Palomino Columbus 320RS View Listings

We purchased our Columbus in October 2014, at the time we did not realize the amount of work we would have to have completed prior to use. Our trailer spent 8 of the first 12 months in the shop being repaired. When it was repaired we had to return numerous times as it was not repaired properly. This is the list of repairs, could not even enjoy the trailer for the first year. Hole on slide out weld by door Door does not shut properly Blind in bedroom towards front slides down by itself Heater casing bent not installed properly Bracket for Ac not installed properly Curtain in living room installed crooked Holes in bedroom wall on Karl's side Curtain hook broken on Karl's side Front of shower pan leaks that holds the glass doors (rail) Plug in - in bathroom crooked not installed properly Kitchen sink door does not shut Fenders are cracking and breaking by screws Brake system on trailer locking up Slide in for living room scratching the floor Refrigerator not working on LP gas Fenders are cracking Gas makes funny noise when going into trailer Leveling system board broken
- Karl Lester, Washington

2019-07-09 2019 Palomino Backpack Edition SS500 View Listings

There are many things to like about the Palomino SS500 camper: 1. An absolutely fantastic bed. It's a full Queen-sized north-south bed that is every bit as comfortable as my bed at home. The camper comes with a remarkably comfortable mattress. 2. A well-designed, basic lay-out. 3. The camper is specifically designed for the Toyota Tacoma and similarly sized trucks. My Tacoma handles the camper very well. 4. Price. The SS500 comes with most of the things a person would want as standard equipment. There is little doubt that a Four Wheel camper is a superior product, but to outfit a Four Wheel camper with the things that come standard with a Palomino SS500 camper (stove, fridge, water heater, furnace) would nearly double the cost of the SS500. Before I bought my Palomino SS500 about Thanksgiving of 2018, I researched various options and read reviews. One of the common comments about Palomino campers was a lack of quality control in the past. However, most recent owners said that quality control has dramatically improved in recent years. However, my experience doesn't bear this out. Here are some of the problems I've experienced in the 7 months I've owned the camper: 1. Split corner pieces on the corners of the top portion of the camper, allowing water to enter, even when parked (as a previous reviewer has mentioned). 2. The cheapest possible battery. I've already had to replace it. 3. Completely inadequate stop on the fridge door to prevent it from opening while underway. I should add, however, that this is more a problem of the Dometic fridge in the camper rather than of the camper itself. 4. Leaky water connections under the sink. 5. The battery cover and ventilation hose was attached with only a single screw in place. The other four or five screws were simply missing and the cover wasn't properly seated. 5. Weather-proofing generally. I've used my camper only three times, but the strip on the upper section of the camper, the piece that seals the camper when it is closed, has come completely loose on one side. It looks like it was held in place with an utterly inadequate amount and/or type of adhesive. I had the dealer deal with problem number one (above) with very little if any improvement. Because taking the camper, which is under warranty, to the dealer requires a 140-mile round trip through heavy urban traffic, it's turned out to be easier to simply deal with the problems myself. I like the camper, but the manufacturer has definitely NOT resolved the quality control issues as of late 2018. And it's a shame because they are making and selling a great little camper. If they would provide good or even just adequate quality control, their camper would have an excellent reputation and be in high demand. I would have eagerly paid an extra $100-$200 for an adequate battery and some semblance of quality control.
- Jim Harris, Utah

2019-07-08 2018 Palomino Puma Unleashed 351THSS View Listings

I have a new 2018 Puma Unleashed 5th wheel trailer. If I would have known then, for what I know now, I would have never bought this piece of junk. 3 inch air gap that open into the living area. The main power wire coming from the battery going to the power control center, running the wire between 100 gal water tank and cross brace. (fire waiting to happen) lots of junk in the belly pan. The GFCI plug ins in the living area are NOT GFCI protected. Why would you have a 100 gallon water tank and only a 35 gallon grey water tank? Sound bar didn't work, the way they installed it was to run screws randomly into the body of the radio. Fuel station didn't work, took to dealer, there fix was a JOKE. and then they blamed it on the factory. After the 2nd time out, a valve under the sink started to leak. that was 26 dollars out of my pocket to fix, I do not trust the dealer. I could go on and on, but I think I've me my point. I would have not found most of this, except that I put 1200 watts of solar panels on the roof and a 3000 watt inverter in it.
- Pat White, Washington

2019-06-25 2016 Palomino Puma 253-FBS View Listings

We bought our camper 2 yrs ago have had a lot of problems with water heater found out igniter board is bad. Thought buying so new would not have problems. Not so. Our front of camper paint is turning grey. Looks awful, should have stuck with white.
- Kathy Johnson, Minnesota

2019-06-20 2015 Palomino Columbus 295RL View Listings

Loved this unit. We lived in it through two winter seasons in the Keys and used it for camping through the summer. The only reason we sold it was because of health issues. Quality throughout and a great floorplan.
- Kathie Pontious, Michigan

2019-06-16 2019 Palomino Puma 37PFL View Listings

We spend a lot of time in the trailer. Lots of room. Trailer is heavy and susceptible to wind The 9” step height is tough on us with bad knees and back problems Disappointed in the Linoleum floor covering it Marks and tears easily. The floor is soft gives when walked across. The Magic Chef microwave has been replaced 4 times and going to have to replace it again. Ceiling fan been replaced 2 times and making noise Window had to be resealed, Poor insulation AC in front will not keep it cool moldings and door frame had to be reattached Veneer on wood rubbing off Dealer doing the repair work no questions asked just multiple trips to bring it in Even with the problems we’ve enjoyed the trailer lots of room very comfortable comfortable they called it a destinations trailer love the homestyle refrigerator and stove
- Tommy Davis , Texas

2019-06-11 2018 Palomino Columbus 377MBC View Listings

This is an absolutely beautiful and excellent functioning, well laid out fifth wheel! Feels huge inside! We love the Mid Bunk Layout. The Kitchen is very nice with a big island and full size refrigerator.
- Josh Haering, Florida

2019-06-05 2019 Palomino Solaire 316RLTS View Listings

Purchased Solaire 304 rkds new, only 3 months. Have had problems right off the bat: • Water Heater NOT lighting up on propane. • Shower leaks water out on floor bottom rail evidently not sealed had to seal myself. • Vent low air output from bedroom heat or ac vents won’t cool down or heat up bedroom. • Denver mattress has memory foam which remembers you were there, has a dip still after a month of not being used. P.O.S. • The master bed support came apart as soon as I got the NEW RV home about 150 miles away, staples did not hold. • Staples in closets walls came apart, needs screws, not staples. • Front door has a gap where I can see daylight. • NO factory support, even tried to visit factory, they sent me to a dealer. • Screws in the back of RV came loose, has NO sealant for moisture. • Wall along the TV mount coming loose. • Washer is NOT balanced, can NOT use. If I knew it would come with all of these problems, I would NOT have purchased a Forest River brand. This is MUCH worse than CHINA products, at least with them I expect it.
- Jesse Rodriguez, Texas

2019-05-22 2018 Palomino Puma 32RBFQ View Listings

I really would like my money back. nothing but problems. Bought April of 2018 and its been back to dealer more then i have used it. List of problems short in slide causing fuse to blow AC unit didn't work( got fixed loose wire) Pinched gas line Front bedroom wall bowing ( finally fixed second visit to dealer cost me 305.00 Tows like crap. cant stay on road loose control. Really bad on Highway. ( Changed WB and sway control, up graded to they say better one) Still sucks. Just went camping 16th of May thought i was going to die. Door handle to bath room coming apart Kitchen sink now has cracks in corner on both sides towards front. missing trim under medication cabinet in bathroom Main door wouldn't stay shut Think that is about it for now. It has 3 slides lots of room . Worst thing we ever bought. Now called dealer yesterday and haven't heard from them yet. I be happy if they would just buy it back , would not buy another one.
- Greg Seese, Michigan

2019-05-07 2019 Palomino Solaire 316RLTS View Listings

Purchased solaire 316 rlts new. problems right off the bat. furnace had to be set to 74 to keep it at 68 would get no warmer,shower leaked water out on floor bottom rail evidently not sealed, rained, slide out leaked water into unit like a river, vent low air output from bedroom heat and ac vents. wont cool down or heat up bedroom. shower head was broke, tv antenna would pick up no stations front door hard to close and will pop open vent over stove was missing screen and the louvers outside were hanging out of hood. Total junk.Layout of trailer is why we bought it we use it stationary on property as a get away cabin. very roomy interior but everything is cheaply made vert thin cabinetry and wall material mattress is terrible after only seven days of use depression in it already. Cant see it lasting long. Will never buy another solaire.
- Jeff Jennings, Michigan

2019-04-08 2016 Palomino Palomini 180FB View Listings

Bought this TT new in August 2017.Have been on 12 trips so far of 250 miles or less.pulls good with my Nissan Frontier.Has 440 tongue weight,so I installed weight distribution hitch.Replaced the factory installed Chinese manufactured C rated tires with American made Goodyear Endurance D rated tires.Have not had any problems with appliances or build quality.I check the roof and sealants and outside trim after every trip and have not had any separations or leaks.The A/C keeps the Trailer cool in the summer,but is a little noisy as all of the TT units are!The heater works great,have to keep it on low setting or it gets to hot for me.The hot water heater has a fast recovery and the shower has plenty of room,the dry bath was the main feature that sold me on the trailer and also the full sized Queen bed,not the rv queenbed that is 6 inches shorter that other models that I looked at had!I did a lot of research before I bought the Palomini, and most of the TT's are similar in build quality,its the features that I was looking for that made my decision to buy the 180FB.another feature that was important is the Dexter axle.The bearings in the wheels are supposed to be packed once a year! the Dexter axle has grease searts on the end of the axle,you dont have to disassemble the wheel hubs to maintain them,just use a grease gun to pump grease in the axle until it comes back through the front bearling,then your done!
- J.S., Georgia

2019-03-29 2016 Palomino Palomini 177BH View Listings

This is a great little camper! Nice queen bed in the front and bunk beds in the back. Since it’s just me and my husband now, the bunks are great for storage. When used for sleeping, each one has it’s own window, light, and outlet. Refrigerator is a good size and there’s a decent amount of storage throughout the camper. Love the curved shower rod for the tub and the sky light in the bathroom. The off road package gives us the clearance we need for rocky and rough terrain found at some campgrounds.
- Steph, Virginia

2019-03-29 2015 Palomino Columbus 370FL View Listings

Have been out with the unit 6 times the frame is cracked and know one seems to be willing to do anything mean while the payments keep coming and I have know idea who can make a repair the dealer says they can fix it Good times.
- Gregory Keyworth, North Carolina

2019-03-25 2016 Palomino Palomini 180FB View Listings

Nice layout - bathroom shower larger than expected - very good storage with "linen closet" and "Medicine cabinet" in bathroom helpful features. I liked the 2 level LED lighting including light and power at head of bed on both sides. Full LED lighting in outside storage cabinets and on awning nice touches. Only complaint was build quality lacking. medicine cabinet and table not well anchored to wall - I had to reinforce. Same with microwave. Other than that I am quite happy with unit.
- Randy, Wisconsin

2019-03-23 2017 Palomino Columbus 320RS View Listings

We have lived in our 320rs for 2 1/2 years now full time. These rigs are not made to handle everyday living they are for recreational use that being said...Yes we have had some minor problems some trim fell off while traveling over NY roads and the long window box sagged after a year, our residential refrigerator fell over during travel, I didn’t like the couch (I don’t like RV furniture period) and our outside door didn’t close properly, and a few minor things. After the run around from some dealers for warranty service I called Columbus. They found a dealer near us and upon arrival the dealer had a list of what needed fixing, we reviewed it together and Columbus covered everything, even though the dealer stated they probably wouldnt replace the door because it was a year old. There were a few delays in delivery of items but it was because the dealer ordered the wrong parts and the refrigerator was late due to weather conditions (flooding). There is an excellent Facebook group of owners who are ready and willing to assist whenever there’s a problem. We love the floor plan however they no longer offer it. The Columbus team is a small division of Forest River and has been very good to us.
- Terri, New York

2019-03-19 2015 Palomino SolAire 307QBDSK View Listings

We have loved this camper! It has allowed our family of 5 to enjoy camping and not rough it at all. Very comfortable in every way. Very modern and easy to set up. Tows really well in all weather we have been hit with. Fiberglass exterior is super durable.
- Justin Partee, Minnesota

2019-03-12 2013 Palomino Columbus 320RS View Listings

We love this 5th Wheel, but we do not travel any longer. The original price was $62,000. (which is listed wrong on RVT.) There is no logic to keeping it just to look at it. She's a beauty and tows perfectly. You can take over our payment of $456.82 if approved.
- Molly Hannon, Arizona

2019-03-05 2019 Palomino Puma XLE Lite 27RBQC View Listings

We’ve owned a Puma X-Lite for less than a month. We had a major water leak in the restroom within our first week. The dealership told me that I’d have to wait 3 weeks for a repair. I called the RV loan company and told them that I wouldn’t make a single payment until someone fixed the leaky roof. I had to get dramatic in order to get help. Dealership maintenance fixed the leak within 4 hours. The main door lock/handle jammed shortly after the rain stopped. I had to crawl through the small storage opening on the side to drill the door open. I received a new lock from the dealership. The water heater has a gas leak. The carbon monoxide alarm goes off every time we turn on the water heater. I have yet to address this to the dealership. There’s a lot of issues going. Overall, the quality of this Palomino trailer is terrible. The dealership has been helpful. But we’re only a couple of weeks in! Let’s see what breaks next.
- Sara, Texas

2019-02-27 2019 Palomino Puma Destination 38DBS View Listings

I can't rate towing because i paid someone to tow. I bought the park model in january of 2019 because it has two bedrooms and one and half baths. I wish i'd done more research first. After one week it has begun falling apart. It was pretty but no substance. The window shades are falling apart and the bottom bar is the main issue, outside rain channels dont work, it is streaking badly, the mattresses are cheap and sunk in after a few days ( serta too), THE MAIN AC UNIT DOES NOT WORK and now waiting on another one ( brand new coleman mach) and i had to pay mobile tech to come out and diagnose it (more than 100) and will have to pay another $200 above what coleman covers >:( , the black water tank dump handles are not easily reachable (i have to get on knees and contort) but grey water tank handles are, clothes washer shakes whole trailer and cant get straight answer about if more blocks are needed where would they go? Screen door was put on by us and i had to spray lube to get it to slide good, the chairs that came with it have a cool feature for hiding small things but dent the floors if u get it off carpet, the moving straps on appliances are almost impossible to retrieve if u let them go, 2cd toliet area has no floor vent and insulation overall is limited. 2cd toliet area's mini ceiling vent was put on crooked, the steps are rusting already, in the front room the ceiling is separating froom the wall, the frame studs are not in good places for putting up any pictures, the door blinds are a crappy design in that they have already broken at the top where they overlap and the clips keep hanging up and they keep catching on the door track, the shower water pressure is non existent, outdoor lighting is nonexistent if u want to leave a light on if u go out u cant even see your keys to unlock much less the steps, when i asked dealer about problems they said too bad, i'd have to pay certified mobile tech first and submit to see if they felt like covering it, couch doesnt have storage even tho there is space, it's only been one month, so who knows what i will find next month. Pros - it's pretty, has slides with pretty framing, has one ceiling fan ( could be more), has two bedrooms, plenty of indoor lights, full size fridge and decent size stove and microwave, good storage for kitchen and clothes, i like the kitchen sink's faucet because itcomes out of holder and alternates between two spray choices, thermostat for ac and heat, love the electric fireplace, great for music and has cables for tv even tho short and wall piece fell off pulling on it, it does have holding tanks, did i say it was pretty?
- Elizabeth c, Texas