Palomino RVs Reviews on RV Insider (150)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Palomino RVs Reviews and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of these RVs.

David from Iowa says:

Have you owned any Palomino RVs? Write a review

Voted Most Helpful Review 2016 Palomino Puma 31DBTS View Listings

unit should have been checked over better, way to many little thing, had to bring it back to the dealer 6 times the first year, now out of warrantee and we have bigger issues,,,,, MFG. blaming dealer,, dealer blaming MFG. bottem line i get the shaft....
- David, Iowa

2020-01-20 2015 Palomino Columbus 340RK View Listings

We purchased this unit in Oct. 2018 and moved in May 2019. It was winterized and stored on our property during that time. I am sure the previous owners laughed all the way to the bank and happy with their new Solitude. Self-levelers and jacks don't work, had been worked on at least 3 times under warranty. Heater failed first week of needing it in Nov. 2019. After moving in: Seals on windows failing and moisture inside panes, all window latches required repair so windows would stay open when needed, trim pieces falling off, poor cabinet finish and trim more noticeable and apparent, floor in living room very flexible, front door crooked and loose wall frame, fiberglass in tub showing signs of damage on seat, frig was very warm and freezer hardly working. Upon further investigation, outside vent was blocked due to improper installation by factory. (heat sync was blocked). Bathroom skylight loose and leaking,(repaired by husband and scary to see actual construction when removed) paint on front cap fading and ugly, ..list goes on. We are stuck with this as this was our retirement. It is out of warranty at this point. Husband thought he had done his homework. Wish we'd kept our Keystone Challenger.
- Kim Cox, Nevada

2020-01-20 2019 Palomino Puma 31QBBH View Listings

THE BAD - Roof leaked before first road trip. Shower leaked first time used. Low point drain valve leaked profusely first time out. Refrigerator would not cool down below 40 degrees. Main slide out bottom wooden frame support was broken in two places. After careful examination of the outer shell found silicon smeared all over the camper. Overall very disappointing purchase, seems that quality is way down on the list. It could be we just happen to get a LEMON. THE GOOD - Pulls pretty good. Nice living floor plan. Love the spacious shower.
- Sidney Fee, Kentucky

2020-01-14 2020 Palomino Puma 32BHDB View Listings

This model is spacious but could use more cabinet space in the kitchen. The floors are nice and sturdy no soft spots or sagging. The bedrooms are very spacious for a travel trailer. The bunks are perfect for kids or even adults. Some of the workmanship could use some fine tuning. There was lots of leftover sawdust in the heater floor vents and in the cabinet corners. Some of the cabinet screws were loose and the shower wasn't caulked very well so there was a leak initially. But overall for the money it's a good trailer and I would recommend especially if you have kids.
- Tonya R, Kentucky

2019-12-29 2019 Palomino Puma 31RLQS View Listings

Very cheaply made and unreliable. A/C and Frig went out within 6 mos. Gutters had dip in middle on both sides. Huge gash in the undercover at rear. Slide outs not level. Filthy from factory at pick up. Don't make my mistake and trust anyone. Check everything over twice before accepting it. Still, don't plan on using it much the first year for camping. Make sure you live close to the dealer and have ample time to take it back and forth many times. I read a post about the factory blaming the dealer and vise versa. That is true to my experience. Neither care about you after they have the sale.
- K Sossoman, North Carolina

2019-12-29 2016 Palomino Backpack Edition HS-6601 View Listings

I purchased this camper after retiring from the US Army, don’t have time to use it now, it’s a great camper. It has everything you need to camp anywhere. If you have space to park a truck, you have enough space to camp. Wonderful for any outdoor activities, it takes less then 30 minutes to load and leave for your next adventure.
- R.E. Ogden , West Virginia

2019-12-15 2014 Palomino Columbus 340RK View Listings

We like this floorplan because you enter into the living room and not the kitchen. Secondly, with the 2 opposing slides it really opens up the living area. We bought this unit loaded out with the Voyager package and a stackable washer and dryer. Tows down the highway effortlessly. Quality is as good as the more expensive units out there (Redwood, Mobile Suites, Cross Creek, etc).
- John M, Florida

2019-12-04 2013 Palomino Sabre 34REQS View Listings

I bought this unit new in 2013 and really liked it. Now that I owned it for 6 years, I have had my problems. First, Window leaked in kitchen and bubbled the wall board badly. I pulled it out only to find a cheap seal around it and an opening cut that is so big it barely gets covered by the window. 2nd Plastic supports for closet doors broke and windows too. Had a water supply leak and tore into it to find the rubber washer was on backwards, another leak, found staple in water line. Now the good stuff. Soft spot in floor in bedroom,3 cracked tanks leaking water big time , 2 grey and the black tank. I bought a extended warranty on this for 7 years bumper to bumper, not true. They would not cover the window leak, but they did cover replacement of the 3 tanks and replace the seal in the bedroom slide. This caused the soft spot on the floor. My brochure calmed 25yr warranty on the floor, I contacted Saber and he said they haven't offered that in years, really ? My brochure states 25 yr that was a major reason I bought it. When I pushed him on this he said I have to go to the manufacture of the floor, What BULLS***! I told him you go back not me. I'm not done with him yet, I just got my camper back from service and the floor repair was $850.00. I will be contacting him. One more thing,why is it when you go and ask for parts on a 6yr old unit they say that's an old unit might not be able to get parts. What a crock,I can buy parts for a 60yr old car and nothing for a 6 yr old camper. Oh ya if you do find a part hang on to your ass over the price, one side wheel skirt $585 shipping for a piece of plastic.
- Bill Torok, Ohio

2019-12-03 2016 Palomino Real-Lite 177BH View Listings

It's easy to tow, easy to live in, a great trailer for small family of 1 to 5 people. I like the windows and the shades, easy to use and lots of privacy. It has everything you need for a short vacation or long stay.
- FC, California

2019-11-23 2011 Palomino Bronco 1500 View Listings

We bought this lightly used. We love it, but one problem is it lacks a gray holding tank and many parks don't allow discharge on ground of sink/shower water. But I found a 7 gal tank from a mfr in Elkhart IN that fits under the floor of the shower, and a simple install with a bit of plastic plumbing pipe and a tube/hose from sink drain to the new tank solved the problem for less than $50 total. Also I slightly modified the door and outer trim so the door can be opened when the top is collapsed. Now it has all we need. The only thing is we have to watch the total weight as it approaches to truck load rating.
- Doc Leon, Indiana

2019-11-12 2014 Palomino Columbus 340RK View Listings

We purchased this unit based on 3 important factors: 1) Floorplan 2) Name 3) Weight This floorplan offers the optimum space for the size of unit. It is very open, and when you enter you do not enter into the kitchen/ Instead, you enter into the living room which is large with the 2 opposing slides. The name Columbus, manufactured by a division of Forest River, is a quality built unit for the price. We have had 2 small issues which the factory resolved without a hassle. Lastly the weight is 11,800 unloaded with cargo capacity of 3000 pounds. This allows for a washer and dryer to be added without sacrificing carrying your clothes and other camping equipment. It tows like it is not even behind you. Would recommend unit
- John M, Florida

2019-11-11 2019 Palomino Columbus Compass F377MBC View Listings

We purchased this 5th wheel for my parents as they had plans to retire and explore the country. Some things happened at work and my Dad has decided not to retire and work another 2 year contract. I have 10 acres of property and so the 5th wheel has never been on the road for a trip. We have made an RV hook up site at my home and the 5th wheel is on my property. It's in great shape and will be a perfect unit for some-one who is looking for a new trailer.
- Jeff Black, California

2019-10-19 2011 Palomino Thoroughbred T245 View Listings

We love this travel trailer. Just decided to upgrade a bit. We have enjoyed this camper for 8 years. The camper has rested on a concrete slab since day one. The bathroom is large with tons of storage.
- Holly Broughton, North Carolina

2019-10-18 2018 Palomino SolAire 316RLTS View Listings

This RV has had nothing but problems. The air conditioner has been worked on 5 times in 2 years. The fuses are constantly blowing out and then you have to figure out which one. Last time the slide had a bad fuse and it blocked the fuse box....bad design not even up to national standards. Every time we use this RV we have to have it worked on. We just want to sell the thing. This has to be the worst RV we ever owned.
- Gregg Snyder, Texas

2019-10-16 2018 Palomino Solaire 269BHDSK View Listings

The design,layout, and appearance are good and catch your interest. That being said, once you invest your money buying one, you begin to have second thoughts. I have found out that cheaper than cheap materials were used in its construction. Adding to this, I get the impression that whoever built it, was either inexperienced, did not have pride in his/her work, or was to eager to finish and leave for the weekend to do whatever he/she does on weekends. To my standards, the work done is trash, damaging to the unit's components, and with complete disregard to doing it right. I would place the unit's builders as demolition workers rather than carpenters. The first time that I used it, its electrical system failed miserably. It was serviced at the dealership (whose work and attention to detail left a whole lot to be desired) and fixed?. The second time that I took it (present time) for a trip, I find there is a leak on its plumbing. I mean, common, The first time I used it was for one week and it failed. The second time (present time 10/14/19) it has a fresh water leak. If I was given a choice of choosing among different manufacturers, this would never again be my choice. Potential buyers beware, invest your money with another manufacturer.
- Gerardo E. Garcia, Texas

2019-10-11 2011 Palomino Bronco 1500 View Listings

This a fun camper, it can go any where on a 4x4. With all your needs taken care of. Luv it. The heater works great, and the fridge can hold enough food for a week. The wife luvs the potty and out side shower for our lab.
- Greg, Colorado

2019-10-02 2017 Palomino Puma 31BHSS View Listings

This unit has provide my family of 6 a great weekend get away for the past 3.5 years. Very comfortable and spacious. Lots of storage and wonderful layout and amenities.The outdoor kitchen and separate door for the bathroom was essential for a busy family with 4 children.
- Heather Solomon, Michigan

2019-09-29 1991 Palomino Filly Filly View Listings

Back in 1992 purchased a brand new Palomino Filly pop up camper. Enjoyed for 6 years with the kids and family. We took very good care of this thing. After our last trip in 1998 we dried it out before closing it like we always do. In 2000 when I went to open it the whole canvas had disintegrated from mold. Water had some how gotten into this poorly manufactured garbage of a camper. After ripping out the useless canvas discovered all the wood in the rear left side floor to the upper shell had rotted away to a soft sponge. My thought was in two years of being closed it couldn't have rotted as bad as it did, but it did. Some how water had leaked or wicked from around the shell or possibly the poorly installed molding that surrounds all the seams of the aluminum covering. Since 2000 kept the camper in the garage hoping to repair it some day. Whined the clock forward to September 2019, decided to take the old camper out of storage to convert into a utility trailer. I went to YouTube to get an idea how various people were converting their camper trailers to a utility trailer? My first two videos, guess which camper people were converting because of water leak and rotted wood issues, yep, you guessed it right, a Palomino product. Looks like I wasn't the only unfortunate soul to experience Palomino Camper Water Rot Syndrome (PCWRS). While taking the Palomino apart discovered more wood rot along the whole front side of the top shell and more rot in the front side from the top shell all the way down to the cooler located on the lower right side of the entry way. On top of all this when I wend to serviced the wheel hubs discovered the big hub Castle nut washer was missing. This is the big washer that suppose to be installed between the big spindle Castle nut and the front bearing. So on top of Palomino giving you a cheap camper at a premium price they put you in an unsafe condition when going down the road. Hope this review was hopeful in deciding if your next camper will be a PCWRS.
- Pat, Virginia

2019-09-26 2020 Palomino Backpack Edition HS-750 View Listings

The quality and workmanship on this camper is terrible. I wish I would have been more thorough and looked more closely at the fit and finish before purchasing this. Forest River/Palomino should be ashamed of themselves. The fold down bed fell completely off the first time we tried to use it, the screws were stripped out in the wood. The wiring is like a rats nest and extra wire balled up everywhere in the battery/fuse panel/water tank compartment, no organization at all. The battery shut off didn't work, they had a wire looping the circuit effectively bypassing the switch and the fuse. There were water leaks at the water heater and the fill for the storage tank. The storage tank is loose- nothing holding it down and it slides into the back of the fuse box/charger. The kitchen faucet drips constantly when the pump is on. The toilet is loose and it sits crooked because it hits the black tank vent pipe that was installed in the wrong location. The bathroom caulking was caulked right over top of dirt and shavings from manufacturing. The water heater worked intermittently, the fuse was incorrectly inserted and was arcing inside the fuse box. There is trim missing below the bathroom. The left front jack bracket was not installed plumb and the jack was at an angle under the camper causing the camper to "buckle" or twist in that direction when it was up on the jacks as if it wanted to break the jack. The air conditioner was only cooling for a few minutes then wouldn't cool, I found the temperature sensor installed in the cold air outlet instead of the inlet. The roof membrane has bubbles and wrinkles. You can feel hard objects under the bubbles, dirt or wood chunks maybe little pebbles? The wrinkles are around the roof vents, the membrane is not attached around them. We found random pieces of trim cutoffs inside the camper. The camper was full of sawdust and shavings. This is all the manufacturers poor quality control. Next is the dealer, which was for the most part decent other than they installed a 7 ft awning where an 8.5 ft awning should have been. I think they ran out of, or didn't have the proper size. I have verified with other HS750 owners that 8.5 is what fits. Also I they charged me $1400 for the 7ft awning which I found out the 8.5ft is only $800. I will never buy Forest River or Palomino again. Hopefully there will be a class action lawsuit. I am willing to bet the majority of Forest River campers have the same quality issue. I am going to tell every person i know and every fellow camper I meet from now on, and I have all the photo documentation to show as well.
- R C , New York

2019-09-25 2013 Palomino Sabre 32RCTS View Listings

You can take all the creature comforts of home on the road. Large, open floorplan with 9' ceilings (yes, 9 feet!) feels spacious and luxurious. All wood cabinets and finishing is top notch. Loads of storage inside and out. Entertainment system lets you bring your music and movies with you. Enormous motorized canopy lets you sit outside and enjoy nature just footsteps from you home on the road.
- Chris Lemme, New Mexico

2019-09-24 2017 Palomino Columbus 383FB View Listings

Towing the 5th Wheel with a Dodge Ram 3500 with dualies, we used the 5th Wheel one time to travel from Jacksonville, FL to San Diego, CA; Las Vegas, NV; Utah; Denver, CO; Colorado Springs, CO; and back to Jacksonville. We had a blow out in New Mexico and the emergency assistance plan provided by Forest River was very responsive. This unit is like being at home. Very comfortable.
- Hazel Johnson, Florida

2019-09-19 2018 Palomino Columbus Compass 298RLC View Listings

Great trailer. We have now had for two years. Stay in unit 80+ nights per year. To date issues have been latch on shower door and converter. Both covered under the Columbus 2 year warranty with no issues. This is our secound rv. Quite pleased with both build quality and factory support.
- Dennis , Colorado

2019-09-14 2018 Palomino Columbus 383FB View Listings

We have owned several RVs and this one has been great and by far the best one yet. It tows exceptionally well since it's a 5th wheel and has the special tongue you barely know it's back there. With 4 slides it's very roomy, comfortable, and easy living for extended vacations. We love the half bath in the main cabin as well as the double sinks in the master bath.The full size fridge is also a plus and very convenient to stock up for long trips. The panty in kitchen, walk in closet, central vac and finally the on board washer and dryer takes this coach to the next level. It's truly the complete vacation package.
- fowlman, Delaware

2019-09-11 2015 Palomino Columbus 320RS View Listings

We are wrapping up our 6th summer in this RV. We loved the floorplan when we first bought it and still do. The problems we had over the years were minor and did not stop us from using it. Our first outing, the a/c units did not cool well, refrigerator doors came open during travel and rear self leveling jacks kept running out of stroke before leveling. Dealer said nothing wrong but did replace fridge latches (didn't work). We solved all problems--found large chunks of styrofoam in a/c vents; sealed refrigerator doors by placing a short stiff rubber tube between doors to keep them shut while traveling; found we had to lower front end jacks close to ground after removing unit from truck and then hit level button. All works great now. We have had problems with drawers on both sides of fireplace and below fridge falling out while traveling. Solved by slipping a yard stick down thru the handles of the three drawers on each side of fireplace and crisscrossing bungy cords across face of fireplace; blocked the lower fridge cabinet with an ice chest we carry in which we store bottled water. After 35,000 towing miles and a combined 18 months of full-time summer living, we came close to replacing this trailer this 2019 summer with another "high end luxury" unit but found none that had all the same features (especially storage and closet space) as our Columbus. Plus the models we were considering all had some horrible reviews in terms of quality control and service. So we are saving $50-$80K after trade-in by keeping this one to spend what we hope will be several more summers in, avoiding the heat at home in Las Vegas. None of these 5th wheels are perfect. Recognize you need to get to know your unit and many problems can be worked around without the agony of fighting with dealers and probably waiting months for repairs that may do nothing to solve the problems.
- Ken Schmitz, Nevada

2019-09-07 2016 Palomino Palomini 180FB View Listings

Over all like the trailer but over time I have had to work out a lot of issues. The quality control and skill or the people who build them are pretty bad. Lately I am working on a leak in the front caused by a piece of trim that is suppose to keep out water that does the opposite, it traps water into the trailer! It was incorrectly installed and has the wrong size butyl tape. It was collecting water and pushing it into the trailer floor. The tires were underrated for trailer weight, the axle too, I had a slide out motor fail. The Axle bearing were not properly lubed and more. I feel over time I have improved this rv. It is better to buy a used one that someone else has worked out the issues.
- carl martin, District of Columbia