Palomino Reviews on RV Insider (170)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Palomino RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

David from Iowa says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2016 Palomino Puma 31DBTS View Listings

unit should have been checked over better, way to many little thing, had to bring it back to the dealer 6 times the first year, now out of warrantee and we have bigger issues,,,,, MFG. blaming dealer,, dealer blaming MFG. bottem line i get the shaft....
- David, Iowa

2020-06-21 2018 Palomino Puma 31FKRK View Listings

I have owned a few campers and motorhome this is by far the best unit I have owned. The floorpan and the options are great especially the 50 amp option which gives us 2 AC. So far no problems and this unit had every option available so we are happy we bought it loaded.
- Mike Carter, Texas

2020-06-20 2021 Palomino Puma 23FBC View Listings

Tons of little things that should have been caught before it was shipped. Sewer pipe hanging way to low. Should've been tucked closer to frame. Sewer pipe hanger loose.Single sink is terrible idea. Large drain on freshwater tank hangs way to low, will be easy to drag off. Stabilizer jacks barely on frame lip. Should be centered under it. Sloppy fitting glass in widows (cheap garbage). Large glass window in front bedroom and to cheap to add a roof vent. Rubber lp gas hoses underneath stretched so tight you can play music by strumming it. Bumper was so distorted (out of square) took an hour of tweaking to get sewer hose to fit inside it. Lots of places throughout that are not square that should be. I'm sure there will be others but this was all found the first day looking it over.
- John, West Virginia

2020-06-18 2018 Palomino Columbus Compass 378MBC View Listings

I believe I have a lemon unit. Had this unit since April 2017. Paid cash same day and have had problems since we purchased this unit. Seriously. Can someone please point me in the right direction to talk to someone who can help me on this? Thank you
- Jane, Texas

2020-06-17 2020 Palomino Solaire 147X View Listings

I can't name enough things that have gone wrong or have been wrong from the manufacturer. DO NOT buy one of these campers. It is made of "cardboard". I can only start to name things that are wrong....pullout bars don't fit, water heater won't work, window won't close, fan in bathroom is hitting screen, workmanship is terrible. Quality control was terrible too. Sofa was only bolted down on one side....fans with lights attached to hang from the ceiling while in the pop outs break every clip they have on them....cheap brittle plastic...so, then you can't use them anymore. We have used the camper for four days and every clip is broken. It's just amazing how one camper can be so bad.
- Cindy Meuser, Pennsylvania

2020-06-17 2021 Palomino Puma 38RLB View Listings

We did a lot of research before purchasing. We even saw all the negative reviews associated with Forest River Inc. After all the browsing and research we found the Palomino Puma 38rlb. The only available one, because they apparently sell so fast, was a 2021. First of all this destination trailer looks great from the outside for being an aluminum trailer. The graphics and flair moldings on the wheels are an eye catcher. The floor plans offered in these destination trailers are great at the prices they are sold at. Being one of the few offering 4 slide outs is a huge plus. However, let's just say that they should put a little more effort in trying to design a couple of them to extend maybe 4 inches more. The first issue we had was with the main AC unit. It was plugged in backwards. Contacted Puma and the dealer and told them how unacceptable this is for it to be sent to the dealer and leave the factory not being checked. There is also the issue of a lot of staples not being fully into the floor around the carpet. I had to hammer them all fully in. Another issue that seems to fall still on the lack of quality checks is things like trim and walls pulling apart.. From the lack of staples not being fully placed. There are quite a few areas such as access panels that could have actually been used as another source of storage, but after removing the panel you'll notice they used a large space for unnecessarily running walls up and then immediately into the adjacent wall also inside this panel.. Laziness. Another problem area falling on both the dealer and the manufacturer is the lack of cleaning. Inside one of the heater vents was a large pile of wood chippings from the initial drilling of the frame. You'll also find tons of tiny metal shavings all throughout the inside of the trailer. No oversight. I believe these trailers are great and really have a lot of potential, but there needs to be more QAQCS, a little adjustment to overall planning, and I would say adding things like enclosed underbelly or tinted/dual pane windows. Typically, a destination trailer is to be lived in for extended periods - you'd think that'd be the basis around every part of the manufacturing and selling of this product.
- Richard, Texas

2020-06-11 2014 Palomino SolAire Expandable 163X View Listings

This camper includes many upgrades at no additional cost like a heated mattress and ducted air conditioning. It has a lot more storage than campers of a similar size. The bathroom counter offers extra space. The oven is also a nice extra.
- Amy Jones, Illinois

2020-05-25 2011 Palomino Puma PT1 View Listings

This is a great first or family camper. Easy to pull and set up. Lots of extras. Nothing but the best. Bunks and queen bed. Shower and tub combo. Tows so well. SUV is all you need. Electric jack and awning. Upgraded blinds. This is the one.
- Thiel Cynthia, Ohio

2020-05-19 2020 Palomino Puma Destination 37PFL View Listings

Totally junk had a list of 30 lagitament problems from burnt and melted wires to dryer and stove vent doors chalked closed,no air flow out of heater vents,something with heater not connected and melted plumbing under floor went back to factory said over half my list those items were fine,well guess what was gone for over 3 weeks and came back with 28 of the same problems,puma is made by forest river,never ever by anything made by them traded in a beautiful 2018 camper,and got this piece of shit dealer and factory work good guy bad guy so don't believe either one,getting attorney to handle it now,it's not about the money it's about the lies and to help other people not to buy a forest river product!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- John smith, Florida

2020-05-12 2016 Palomino Columbus Compass 320RSC View Listings

Had a number of problems from day one after I factory ordered my unit and received it.Missing items wrong items broken and poor workmanship Complained to dealer got no help Called forest river they promised to make it right never did 3 years even after several failed attempts with a different dealer unable to fix the problems and recommend the manufacturer get involved then they tried to tell me my warranty was us. I told them to bad I have every email where they said they would fix the problem. Long story short I’m taking them to court but knowing what I know know there’s a easier way to get things handled from day one. There may be no lemon law but there is something similar I will be more then happy to help anyone who buys a new trailer how to avoid the head he aches and long waits of service they can’t do that they are just trying to burn up your warranty. They think they have the upper hand and they tried it with me to but they picked the wrong person I will make it my life’s mission now to make sure everyone now knows what I know so no one else has to deal with the same you should be able to buy a rv and enjoy the experience and relax not have to deal with the headaches after because they don’t want to build a good product or stand behind them. Thanks for reading. Rob
- Robert brodeur, Massachusetts

2020-04-26 2018 Palomino Puma XLE Lite 27RBQC View Listings

This RV is perfect! We searched for the best layout for our family of 5, and this was a great fit for us! Very roomy and comfortable. No problems pulling this trailer and the set-up is easy and quick. I would highly recommend this travel trailer! Great family travel trailer at a very reasonable price point! It is a home away from home with all of the amenities you would expect from a hotel!
- Cheryl Matchett, Florida

2020-04-01 2015 Palomino Real-Lite HS-1806 View Listings

Our truck camper has been great. It is well constructed and the layout works wonderfully. It has many features with tv hookup inside and out, am/fm radio with CD player, plus air conditioning which our last one did not. For a truck camper this unit has a lot of storage and we can easily fit all that we need to travel for a couple of weeks. Although it will not fit through the rock formations on Needles Highway in SD. It has an inside shower, but we really love the outdoor shower. My husband design a shower curtain for this area so it is more convenient to use. It has been a lot of fun. The only reason we are selling it is because we are recently retired and travel with our horses. We are looking for a horse trailer with a larger living area to spend winters in warmer weather.
- JoAnn Fink, Wisconsin

2020-03-23 2017 Palomino Columbus Compass 384RD View Listings

As soon as we took delivery from Camping World on this coach, everything starting falling off the walls, window treatments, covers, TV fell in the floor and shattered, pull cables were too hard to pull, tires wore out in less than 5,000 miles, awning after 2 years tore for no reason at all. Too afraid to take it anywhere with something else going wrong.
- David Akins, South Carolina

2020-03-08 2018 Palomino Puma XLE Lite 27QBC View Listings

Junk. Dealer did a poor job checking it out, so did not return for more poor service. Now out of warranty and it leakes like crazy. We fix one place and another shows up. Had to drain under lining several times. This trlr would not even make a good dog house. Wish we could get our money back. The paint on the stabalizers was a joke. The factory painted o er oil so paint has pealed off and all 4 jacks are extremely rusty. The vanity cabinet was poorly done. It looks like a rat chewed the hole for the water lines to pass thru to the shower. The privacy curtain was screwed into the thin ceiling and pulled out when we were going down the highway. This trailer is crap, crap, crap! Would trade it but don't feel right passing this piece of junk on to someone else.
- Sharon Skinner, Texas

2020-03-04 2019 Palomino Columbus 297RK View Listings

We like the floor plane . we found the cupboards and doors to be cheaply made . Some of the workmanship is poor' we had a dozen thing that had to be redone. holes not fill in around plumbing, doors coming a part, squeaky slides. doors in the closet plastic runners came off.one of the big things is no shades in slide beside the bed. trying to work with customer support on that. Am being told that maybe the way it was designed? shade in all the window except by the bed. pretty damn cheap. I may have to buy the shades but I will asked who made that decision. this company is suppose to have a good name. but cutting corners like this isn't good
- Larry, North Carolina

2020-02-28 2019 Palomino Solaire 316RLTS View Listings

RV had nothing but problems from day 2. Laundry room (no washer or dryer installed). Leaking had repairman out 4 times, galley sink faucet replaced 2 times leak repair 4 times. Facade tape peeling off all wood, refridgerator floor collapsed, pull out roof leaking, tv mount came off and shattered tv, drawer bottoms falling out , screw in wood placed but went to nowhere,and topper was fresh water tank falling off bottom of trailer on interstate 10 in Louisiana. ALL IN FIRST 80 DAYS OF OWNERSHIP!!! factory took possession will have it returned after a month or so.. dealer will take back or trade at used sale price. Or equal value of used sale price. We are out lodging, lost perishables, rental trailer ( to place all our belongings and then storage to place it while awaiting return.) Over all disappointed over whole experience to say least. We no longer feel safe in this vehicle. We paid cash brand new and will most likely get screwed and take loss if we trade in.. shaking my head.
- Em, Idaho

2020-02-16 2018 Palomino Puma 286RBSS View Listings

We first bought the camper on 08-21-2018 now for brand new the price wasn’t bad and it was the floor plan we liked however we have had nothing but problems since the day we bought it way to many to list on her but as of now the other dealer has it for repairs and has had it for 5 months not their fault of course original dealer actually screwed things up and stole my propane tanks which were full but magically empty when we got it back have had slide out rebuilt 2 times and we have only camped 2 times in it along with the other thousands of dollars it has cost to fix not me personally but the factory and now we are told the roof has to be replaced on the entire camper not happy campers at all!!!!!!!!!!!! I would say it would be cheaper to have them give me my money back or give me a new one but will NEVER buy another puma. you would thing to pay as much for it as you would a car the quality would be so much more we did t make it to the wv ky. Border and had to take it back to get a vent cover replaced and it has cascaded from there
- Jeremy williams, West Virginia

2020-02-13 2020 Palomino Puma Destination 37PFL View Listings

The major problem is the floor. The stability and quality leaves a lot to be desired when seating in the recliner you can feel someone move in the bedroom. If you walk on the slide out you can feel it move the dealership had the sugustion to tie it down like you would a mobile home
- Ray Palmer, Texas

2020-02-12 2017 Palomino Real-Lite 17BS View Listings

This is a great rig. My wife and I have enjoyed the layout and maneuverability. We are selling it because we are not able to camp any longer due to health issues. We have added some extras to the rig, such as roof vent covers, extra storage, we also have a transferable 4 year warranty.
- Luther Hanna , Colorado

2020-02-03 2020 Palomino Puma 31RLQS View Listings

The dealer was great. But the quality of the trailer was thrown together. I gave up a top quality spree for this. Totally unhappy. Now I'm stuck with this. Please check out the trailer well before you purchase.
- Kim Harris , Alabama

2020-01-31 2015 Palomino Backpack Edition SS-1500 View Listings

First off, I would never purchase another camper from the St. Lake City Access RV. I was pushed into signing the release by the "finance woman" before I ever saw my camper, and I strongly believe they sold me a floor model and not a brand new camper. The wear and tear strongly suggests that my camper was something on the floor that people kicked around before buying. I knew better, but after driving 8 hours to SLC, and then realizing I lost an hour to the time change, I nevertheless made my late afternoon appointment, paid cash for my camper, and was strong armed into signing the release before ever seeing "my camper"....The service mgr had some additional surprises for me, wanting additional money for this and that, and my friendly sales person was AWOL once I paid for the camper. I have removed any reference on my camper to Access RV, and when asked I say go to further east like Wyoming to buy your camper. The further east you go the cheaper the unit costs. Treat me right and I will sing your praises, treat me poorly as they did and I will blast them until my grave. Second off, I never received an adequate answer as to why FR indicated that the 1500 SS model had a gray water tank. It does not. There could have been a gray water tank placed under the shower, and allowed it to drain separately from the black water tank, but there is none. Negatives is the quality of "craftmanship" in the closet area being poorly sawed paneling That said, I have this camper on a 2008 long bed truck and with additional levee springs, it rides very well. I am in the camper for over a month each year in Montana, and being alone, it is very comfortable, functional, and with a full service hook up never a problem. The refrigerator works well, two stove burner more than adequate, I have added a portable microwave over the refrigerator, the hot water is plentiful, the shower a little cramped but not too bad, plenty of closet space and I can store food very well under the bed and in the cabinets. The forced air heater works great on cold nights, and the two tank propane system lasts a very long time. Finally, the electric roof elevator is excellent, and the methodology of closing everything off, putting the ceiling fan on to suck in the sides, works extremely well. Before I had a purchased in Woodland, CA a top of the line Four Wheel Grandby, but found it awkward and pushing up the roof a real hassle. Plus, the wood support that angled over the bed would wake me up at night. Sometimes in a panic wondering what's that? In comparison the Palomino 1500 SS is a far better model, and the indoor shower and toilet a major plus. In all, I like my 1500 SS because I camp alone and I have not attempted it with a dog or companion. It is best at a full service hook up, but I have purchased a gray water exterior tank for the dry camping at Pyramid Lake. Nevertheless, I will always be sore about the references to a "gray water tank" both in the brochure and owner's guide, that I rudely found out later did not exist. Lastly, never purchase the sealant package because it is over priced and pure non-sense. Quickly buy some Scotch Guard and treat your cushions yourself. For $750 it only lines the pockets of the sales staff and "finance woman". I would have given it 5 stars for livability if the dining table arrangement was not so awkward. As a result, I rarely use it.
- Tahoe John, Nevada

2020-01-29 2014 Palomino Puma 259RBSS View Listings

Overall a good entry level camper. Never had an issue with any appliances, ac, heater or water heater. No leaks. Although we store in a carport and inspect roof often. Had to adjust slide a couple of times. Well build unit. Towed about 2500 miles per year on about 7 annual trips. Just sold to upgrade to newer camper. Going to smooth siding instead of metal siding which is always dirty and hard to clean. Had to raise camper 2 inches to fit with out 2500 Ram 4x4.
- John , Georgia

2020-01-20 2015 Palomino Columbus 340RK View Listings

We purchased this unit in Oct. 2018 and moved in May 2019. It was winterized and stored on our property during that time. I am sure the previous owners laughed all the way to the bank and happy with their new Solitude. Self-levelers and jacks don't work, had been worked on at least 3 times under warranty. Heater failed first week of needing it in Nov. 2019. After moving in: Seals on windows failing and moisture inside panes, all window latches required repair so windows would stay open when needed, trim pieces falling off, poor cabinet finish and trim more noticeable and apparent, floor in living room very flexible, front door crooked and loose wall frame, fiberglass in tub showing signs of damage on seat, frig was very warm and freezer hardly working. Upon further investigation, outside vent was blocked due to improper installation by factory. (heat sync was blocked). Bathroom skylight loose and leaking,(repaired by husband and scary to see actual construction when removed) paint on front cap fading and ugly, ..list goes on. We are stuck with this as this was our retirement. It is out of warranty at this point. Husband thought he had done his homework. Wish we'd kept our Keystone Challenger.
- Kim Cox, Nevada

2020-01-20 2019 Palomino Puma 31QBBH View Listings

THE BAD - Roof leaked before first road trip. Shower leaked first time used. Low point drain valve leaked profusely first time out. Refrigerator would not cool down below 40 degrees. Main slide out bottom wooden frame support was broken in two places. After careful examination of the outer shell found silicon smeared all over the camper. Overall very disappointing purchase, seems that quality is way down on the list. It could be we just happen to get a LEMON. THE GOOD - Pulls pretty good. Nice living floor plan. Love the spacious shower.
- Sidney Fee, Kentucky

2020-01-14 2020 Palomino Puma 32BHDB View Listings

This model is spacious but could use more cabinet space in the kitchen. The floors are nice and sturdy no soft spots or sagging. The bedrooms are very spacious for a travel trailer. The bunks are perfect for kids or even adults. Some of the workmanship could use some fine tuning. There was lots of leftover sawdust in the heater floor vents and in the cabinet corners. Some of the cabinet screws were loose and the shower wasn't caulked very well so there was a leak initially. But overall for the money it's a good trailer and I would recommend especially if you have kids.
- Tonya R, Kentucky