Palomino

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Palomino RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

David from Iowa says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2016 Palomino Puma 31DBTS View Listings

unit should have been checked over better, way to many little thing, had to bring it back to the dealer 6 times the first year, now out of warrantee and we have bigger issues,,,,, MFG. blaming dealer,, dealer blaming MFG. bottem line i get the shaft....
- David, Iowa

2021-06-26 2021 Palomino Puma 22FKC View Listings

We absolutely love this brand and floor plan. We bought this one for weekend trips to the lake, but soon started traveling much longer trips. We pulled our little camper to over 25 states and around 20K miles, but decided we needed more room if we were going to travel that much. Otherwise, this is a perfect sized camper for a couple for weekends or short trips. We had one issue but PUMA really took care of us and we are serious PUMA fans. I highly recommend this camper if you are looking for a smaller camper with a good floorplan
- J Marsh, Georgia

2021-06-26 2017 Palomino Puma 32RBFQ View Listings

I love the outside kitchen,the bunks,and for the most part looks of the camper however the workman ship is horrible inside and out fixed way to much to list all I can say is don't waste your time buying this camper buy a jayco instead
- Rick Rommann, Iowa

2021-06-18 2017 Palomino Columbus 386FK View Listings

When I first received notification from RVT regarding a unit I was interested in, I foolishly thought they would connect me with a seller. After a few days of nothing I emailed again to Laurie at RVT assuring them I was a cash buyer very interested....after many more of these emails to RVT with no response I gave up. I suggest you do not waste any time with RVT as they do not offer a timely service.
- Charles D Fournier, Tennessee

2021-06-11 2018 Palomino Columbus Compass 298RLC View Listings

Worse rv we have had. Have been full time rv’ing for over 20 years, this is our 5th rv and the worse one. The design of interior is great and offers nice aesthetics but that’s where it stops. Since purchasing, starting from the very first day, we have had constant problems.....you name it, it has gone wrong. Leaks have been horrendous, not quite in it 3 years and still working on them, really concerned about what could be going on in areas we can’t see. We have had problems with everything....plumbing systems, sewer plumbing (still working on it), converter, trim, fresh water tank causing extreme bowing of floor and still trying to fix. Seems I wake up each morning to a new problem or continuation of an old one. Feel we definitely got a ‘lemon’ and definitely would not recommend its purchase. Not sure where the fault is........Forest River, Palomino, or Columbus..... but not a company to trust.
- Alice Hicks, Kansas

2021-05-25 2015 Palomino Columbus 320RS View Listings

Love the floor plan. The large shower is a huge plus for us. That is where the positives end. Landing gear problems three times the first year resulting in replacing everything except the legs themselves. The second year we had to have four of the six legs rebuilt as they were jammed or had broken their shear pins. The dealer was no help. The black tank coupler in the belly of the unit came loose and was dripping waste into the belly of the unit. They cut open the the belly to fix the leak and only taped the opening instead of a more permanent fix. The coupling worked loose again a year later so I took it to an RV repair shop instead of the dealer. The black tank valve does not seal tight and therefore you get a big surprise when you remove the waste cap to attach the hose. I have had a gate installed on the waste pipe so I don't get any more surprises. The third year The brakes worked loose and ruined the the backing plate. The second year I noticed a bulge in the fiberglass at the bottom right of the bedroom slide. Fought with the dealer to address the issue. It was finally addressed by sending the unit back to the factory to have it fixed. It turned out to be a broken frame and pressure on the exterior wall causing the bulge. The floor in the kitchen area in front of the sink and stove are soft and feel like they will give way. I had the dealer look to see if there was any water leak causing the issue. The dealer said nothing looks water damaged. Since I had issues with he dealer I then took the unit to an RV repair shop and he confirmed no water damage. It turns out, after research on line, this is a known issue. (https://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f96/palomino-columbus-320-soft-floor-124438.html) The dealer will not address the issue and Forest River/Palomino will not return my calls on this. The third year again I inspected the roof half way through the season. There were several cracks in the bathroom skylight around the screws that fasten it to the roof and up into the skylight dome. The dealer said the warranty was expired and the extended warranty would not cover it. Two of the dual day/night roll up shades quit rolling up and are not useable. The two largest windows. The replacements are $235 and $275. This unit has been the biggest piece of crap I have ever purchased! I will never buy another Forest River product!
- Dennis Johnson, Minnesota

2021-05-12 2013 Palomino Sabre 33RETS View Listings

We purchased new when relocating from Texas. Did have a couple issues with slide wiring and shower but were fixed by dealer immediately. Otherwise no issues we could not fix over time. Its been a great towing camper with our 3/4 Diesel Ram. Shower is a very good size as well as storage being at a premium. We have loved it..
- RENEE DUNCAN, Alabama

2021-05-05 2020 Palomino Puma 257RESS View Listings

The craftsmanship is horrible. The pluming lines are very cheap and every line has busted within the past yr. and we have had to replace all seals. The glass stove top exploded causing burns ! “Manufacturers error” I was told. The large plastic piece over wheels has cracked and broken . The rubber seal is cracked outside and is falling off The wallpaper covering walls and cabinets has bubbled and peeling and this Rv is only a yr old. I am just so suprised that things are so cheaply made. I can’t sell this Rv without fixing these cosmetic things. IN HINDSIGHT I WOULD NEVER PURCHASE ANOTHER PUMA
- Glenda Draper, Tennessee

2021-05-04 2017 Palomino Puma 255RKS View Listings

This Puma has a lot of room for a small 5th wheel. A great deal of closet and storage cabinets. It tows very easy and I have not had any problems with it since I bought it. The only drawback was the original mattress was very uncomfortable, but that was easy enough to remedy.
- John Smith, Delaware

2021-05-01 2014 Palomino Columbus 320RS View Listings

This is a beautiful 5th wheel and tows like it is not even back there. Easy to setup and very comfortable. We have only used this for vacations and it fit our needs perfectly. Love this 5th wheel.
- Bill, Arizona

2021-04-18 2020 Palomino Solaire View Listings

Bought brand new, ceiling leaks, both sides of master bedroom. Main door was warped right from day 1, rubber seal under main slide out came completely loose and is allowing water to enter on the floor. I would never recommend this brand or model to anyone!! Took it back for warranty work to be done Dec 2nd, got trailer back April 17th, nothing fixed. Have to return it to dealers again in October. We are very disappointed and upset with Forest River.
- Christy Haven, Michigan

2021-04-08 2011 Palomino Stampede S-238 View Listings

I love the Hybrid style of this camper. The slide out gives plenty of room to move around. The oven and cook top have only been used once, since we mostly cooked outside. The shower works very well. My husband and I have had no issues with this camper.
- Colleen Davidson, Texas

2021-03-31 2015 Palomino Columbus 320RS View Listings

Took deliver on June 18 2014. It was back in the shop two weeks later with self- leveling landing gear issues. I went to pick it up three weeks later and the landing gear worked great. Got to my seasonal site and the landing gear would not lower. Back to the shop it goes. All in all, the unit was in the shop a total of six weeks the first year all for landing gear. Next year I noticed a bulge in the sidewall below the bedroom slide. Fought with the dealership all summer long to get it looked at. I sent the unit back to the factory that fall for a broken weld in the frame. The third year there was a brake malfunction and ruined the brakes and backing plate on one of the axels. Warranty argument and then repaired. Mid-season the fourth year the landing gear would not self- level. Some of legs would not operate at all. Dealership wanted $300 deposit $60 trip charge and "maybe" warranty would cover it. ( I purchased the 5 year extended warranty.) I politely told them what they could do could do with their deposit and trip charge. I bought hydraulic jacks and concrete blocks and removed the legs myself. I took them to a RV repair only shop and he rebuilt them. While removing the jacks I noticed a drip from the middle of the unit right under the bathroom. I took the unit to the dealer. Turns out the tank shifted and the coupling from the sewer line to the black tank came loose. It was repaired under warranty. Three weeks later after returning from a one week trip I noticed it was leaking under the bathroom again. This time I took it to the repair only shop. The tank shifted again and the coupling came loose. The coupling was to short so the repair only shop put in a longer full rubber coupling. No problems with tank leak since. Last year I noticed the floor in the kitchen in front of the sink was soft. I took it in the repair only shop that fixed the landing gear and had him inspect the RV for water leaks. None found. Turns out Forest River changed the design and went with a 5/8 inch sub floor instead of the 3/4. They also did not add any additional bracing to help support the thinner sub floor. This is a known issue I found through the Forest River web site. Warranty is over so I don’t know what I am going to do to get this fixed. I will never buy another Forest River product. They are junk!
- Dennis Johnson, Minnesota

2021-03-23 2013 Palomino Columbus 320RS View Listings

My wife and I fell in love with this RV when we bought it. The quality and layout far exceeded others we looked at. We still love it, but just don't have time to use it. It looks great and is spacious. It tows great and has many high end features. We still like it better than most new ones we have seen.
- JOHN G. BUTLER,JR., Alabama

2021-03-22 2020 Palomino Rogue EA1 View Listings

I have the Badlands model which includes a solar panel. I boondocked for 12 days last fall in Yellowstone. Never lost battery power. The 20,000 BTU furnace kept the camper warm even when the night temps were in the teens. The 3way refrigerator worked great, the freezer kept items frozen for 12 days using propane. Only used 3 gallons of propane for the trip, and I was not stingy with it. Looking forward to the next adventure.
- Christy Burch, Colorado

2021-03-22 2016 Palomino Columbus 377MB View Listings

We lived in our rig full-time for three years and loved every second of it. The floorplan is so livable and the finishes are beautiful. The rig held up well to the wear and tear of daily use, year-round. No regrets!
- Valerie, Maryland

2021-03-04 2020 Palomino Puma 31FKRK View Listings

We have this very same rv. It’s nice to look at and stay a couple nights in but it’s not worth living in. It’s poorly put together, lots and lots of sawdust everywhere that’s been hidden by pieces of “wall” the water heater is too small, runs out of water before you even get your hair washed out. The DVD player don’t work in any of them according to the dealer... wayyyy over priced. We have a washer and dryer in ours and custom skirting, which costs dearly but does zero for resale value.
- Trenton, Utah

2021-02-18 2013 Palomino Sabre 32BHOK-6 View Listings

I’ve owned this RV since new. My walkthrough discovered the shower wouldn’t drain, the bedroom slide was crooked, the bedroom mirror doors were off their tracks, and one of the outside storage doors was falling out of its opening because the hole was too large. All fixed by the dealer. A month after, the DVD/stereo quit, the ceiling fan made noises like an airplane, and another door opening started to cause problems... all fixed by the dealer. Since then the only problems have been the kitchen faucet failed (I installed a quality residential one) and the converter quit working (I replaced it). So, as RV’s go (this was my fifth one), this one has been quite good. It is too bad that the RV industry isn’t as quality conscious as the automobile industry, but overall, we’ve had years of enjoyment. The most important thing, in my opinion, is the dealer you buy it from because no RV is 100% off the lot. Oh yes: The outside kitchen is amazing!
- NeilM, Alberta

2021-02-11 2019 Palomino Solaire 316RLTS View Listings

I live in my RV full time One adult only Since day one of October 2019 Have had major issues Would I buy this brand again No !The factory person has been very helpful and addressed the issues Had major leaks from the roof,water heater,an bathtub first week .The oven never worked part needed replaced The fireplace heater stopped working a week after moving in The water faucet in kitchen trickled had to be replaced Wash machine shakes the RV beyond reason Placing a 30lb weight on top of dryer helps Bought weatherized that's a joke !!Underside is enclosed In winter will run two ceramic heaters The furnace have used twice Seems to work but uses too much propane Outside storage door the lock never worked If shut tight need a wrench to open Now the the storage under the bed the frame will not stay up The floor has bubbles where it is lifting .And the trim work around doors walls is coming off The fan above the stove worked for a week than stopped Really has not been a good experience Must say the factory person was more than helpful an has reimbursed me for the cost
- Patsy, Washington

2021-02-04 2021 Palomino Puma 20RLC View Listings

We read the reviews and decided to go look at this one in Atlanta anyway and that turned out to be a good decision. The dealer makes a difference! We chose this unit over many others because it was dual axle, had huge refrigerator and sink, a real bath tub, an electric awning and jack, and sleeping quarters on opposite end from living quarters, with a sleeper sofa and a banquette to eat. Bonus items were a real oven, built in medicine cabinet, stove vent to outside, privacy curtain to bedroom, burner stove with glass cover for ease of food prep, solar panel plug, a great TV antenna, WiFi hook ups and a motion detector in the bathroom for nights .The outside has built in leveling bubbles and manual crank stabilizer feet. It also has a walkable roof (18 year warranty) and fixed ladder. At 20 ft. (We didn’t want to pull more than 20’.) it has everything on our list. We’re amazed at the thought put into this design. We pulled it to NC and spent the night in below freezing temperatures. We had throw rugs on the floors which helped because floors were a little cold, but heater works well. (This unit can come with an extra underbelly cover if you need it.) For the next trip, since we are camping in 20F weather, we will line the walls and floor of the outside storage compartment (to insulate) with rubber backed carpet, as it is directly under the bedroom. So far the only improvement/change we need. Norman Campers was the dealer and we waited two weeks to get this from their family owned lot. They were backed up because they take two days to check all the systems in every single trailer before they send it out. From the reviews I read, I would say the other dealers were not up to this high standard. When we have had it longer, we will update on systems. We are purchasing a cover for short and long term storage.
- Maureen Turner, South Carolina

2021-02-02 2012 Palomino Palomino Ultra-Lite T268 View Listings

Easy to tow and set up. Love all the outside features such as outside kitchen with refrigerator, sink and 3 burner stove, outside butane grill, outside shower and easy hook up for TV outside. Kitchen table can be moved around as needed. Bathroom area is huge with lots of storage.
- Sherri, Texas

2021-02-01 2018 Palomino Backpack Edition HS-2901 View Listings

My husband and I purchased a 2018 Forest Pines, Palomino truck camper. It was a new camper we bought in 2019. When my husband went to pick up the camper, he noticed some RV antifreeze on the floor. When asking what it was from, he was told they must have spilled some when winterizing it. My husband brought it home and filled it with water. After about an hour he checked it only to find water covering the floor and dripping outside. We cleaned it up and dried it out. We were given a new water tank since the attachment was cracked. We were told the camper was supposed to come with a one year manufacturers warranty. We took it camping one season. After three times camping, we felt the soft spots in the floor. We have tried to contact Forest Pines and Palomino immediately and it’s now February 2021 and we are still trying to get it fixed. We’re paying for it but can’t use it. Palomino hasn’t returned a phone call or message yet. We are extremely dissatisfied customers. We will never buy from this company again and we do not recommend it to anyone. Terrible customer service.
- Laura Sneller, Wisconsin

2021-01-09 2018 Palomino Columbus 320RS View Listings

Bought new in 2018. Have had many issues. Some easy to take care of, other require getting out the major tools for a weekend repair. All taken care of by myself because of the bad experiences with dealers response. Some want you to pay and they also bill the factory. That is true. Latest issues are keeping the unit level. Must relevel every other day and yes I use pads under jacks. Now try to believe this. We lost warm air flow to our front bedroom and bathroom. Temps in 50’s. After opening up the basement rear wall and exposing the air ducts for everything, what a mess, I found the correct duct and when I tried to move it it felt like it was full of debris of some kind. I disconnected the upper end and WOW it was completely full of water. Water in a heating duct????? About 6-8 qts of debris filled water. Well that solved my issue with the heating. About 90 minutes of twisting, turning and getting bloody scratches. This is not made up.
- Shannon Stepp, Minnesota

2021-01-04 2011 Palomino Puma 29F View Listings

This has been a great camper for us. It sleeps 4 people with no problem. It can sleep more but we don't like to use the kitchen table for a bed. It has a queen bed and a twin bed above the queen. The couch folds out to sleep one person really well and 2 if you want to sleep 2. We sleep better in this camper then we do at home. It is very livable. It's easy to tow and everything works. Has a tub / shower with an upgraded shower head. Sink area. Lots of storage and an oven and microwave. We just had several things added or improved: 4 new tires, New electric awning and a new awning Electric jack All new day / night blinds just installed Clean and ready to go down the road. Can pull this camper with a SUV or small truck. You won't be disappointed.
- cyndi thiel, Ohio

2020-12-31 2019 Palomino Columbus 1492 View Listings

I had the rv back to Hitch rv on three different occasions for a window leaking. It was never fixed properly and now that the warranty is up Hitch is saying their no longer responsible for the damage the leak caused. I would recommend never buying a Forest River rv, and especially never buy an rv from Hitch.
- William DeGroff, New Jersey