Palomino Reviews on RV Insider (181)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Palomino RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

David from Iowa says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2016 Palomino Puma 31DBTS View Listings

unit should have been checked over better, way to many little thing, had to bring it back to the dealer 6 times the first year, now out of warrantee and we have bigger issues,,,,, MFG. blaming dealer,, dealer blaming MFG. bottem line i get the shaft....
- David, Iowa

2020-09-17 2018 Palomino Columbus 38FK View Listings

Absolutely the worst quality of craftsmanship. Floor does not have enough nails or screws, the floor is soft and lifting everywhere, the electrical has had so many shorts taking out a few plugs at a time. Window covering frames are in square, some are up to an inch off. Surround sound that came with unit is junk. The convection/ microwave lasted 2 months, probably because of electrical. Water leaks under sink and bathroom, their has been so many things wrong it sucks how bad this 5th wheel is. Warranty is worthless. Buy a different camping trailer , forest river is pure junk.
- Victor, New Mexico

2020-09-16 2018 Palomino Columbus Compass 377MBC View Listings

Current owner for 2 years and big fan of these trailers. Well made with lots of essential features. Roomy with lots of internal storage. More than enough heating and AC to be comfortable. Having the electric fireplace allows you to use the campground's electric to heat instead of your own propane. Plumbing and waste systems are simple and easy to use. Annual winterization was simple. Electrical system has provided no issues. Mostly LED lighting inside. Slides move easily in and out. Awning is great with full power including LED lighting. These come with G-Rated tires, so they are not the China Bombs you get on the smaller trailers. Tows easily and tracks perfectly. I had a gooseneck ball in my truck already so I swapped out the fifth wheel hitch and installed a Goosebox. Very nice ride and easy to hitch and unhitch. Very large and comfortable shower. Ceramic toilet for easy cleaning. I wish the bathroom sink was a bit bigger, but they are all that small. Very large closet (full width) in Master so plenty of clothing room. Additional wardrobe in Bunk house is nide sized. The master's mattress is a Sealy Destinations which is a really fantastic mattress with a memory foam pillow-top. Best I've ever felt in a trailer. Didn't use the washer/dryer prep so can't speak to that, but that provided another whole closet. Massive under master bed storage for less used items. Ours has been fully waterproof for our full ownership. No water leaks that we know of. Fabric of chairs and sofas not showing signs of wear yet. Residential fridge is huge at 20 cu ft. We never come close to filling it. Nice double bowl sink with removable covers to give you even more working space in kitchen. Doesn't have dishwasher prep, but honestly don't see the need as we quickly wash after each meal. Maxxair fan in kitchen is easy to use and works well to provide fresh air and remove humidity. Hydraulic auto-leveling system is great. Push a button, trailer lifts off hitch. Push another, trailer auto levels. Push another trailer raises back up ready to hitch back up. Push one last button and trailer retracts all levelers. Pretty slick operation. Very stable on 6 levelers. I do carry a simple single jack stand to put under rear bumper...and that stops virtually all the remaining shakes. Don't need those between wheel chocks or even a fifth wheel tripod. Solar prep is included, but we never used it. Wired for Satellite as well as Cable hookup. Really love the StepAbove entry steps. Very wide and stable. At about 12,500 lbs empty, it's average for a 42' fifth wheel, I pulled with a 2500 RAM with a diesel and stayed under limits and had plenty of power when needed. Has a large pass-thru storage area and the front storage holds a lot too if you don't have the generator option (which we do not). Lots of outdoor lighting. Honestly have had no issues with the trailer other than some trim that needed better attachment when we first got it, and fixing that was part of the pre-purchase inspection. We did add slide toppers which are great to reduce heat on the slides in the summer as well as keeping them clean for quick and easy departures. Also upgraded to Disc brakes. The original drums were fine, but I wanted the extra safety the disc provided both for quick stops as well as no-fading on steep downhills. All-in-all, we've had a very good experience with our Compass and would buy another Columbus readily.
- Brian Heck, Ohio

2020-09-07 2021 Palomino Puma 32RBFQ View Listings

Owned this RV for 3 weeks and it has no issues. Everything works. Fit and finish was good. Nice layout. Can use the back bunkhouse area as an office. Like the light color interior. Like the power stabilizers.
- Pauldleonard, Michigan

2020-09-05 2019 Palomino SolAire Ultra Lite 251RBSS View Listings

Purchased a new 2019 Solaire 251RBSS camper for $21,000. First camping experience was that city water connection leaked water all over front storage compartment. All other systems worked perfectly first time out. Did not come with TV, had to buy our own. No leaks, easy to drive, easy to clean, clean interior, plenty of sleeping capacity, enjoy the rotating TV panel for LR or BR access. Easy to winterize, love staircase into camper. Undercarriage neat and clean, storage capacity OK, LOVE outdoor kitchen and ladder to roof. Ceiling vents not great, windows don't close all the way without considerable effort. A/C works well, stove and fridge(s) work well, mattress hard as a rock without foam pad. Limited storage inside cabin, nice flooring, sofa OK but would prefer reclining chairs. Stereo works fine but can't turn it completely off to limit battery drain. Nice ceiling led lights. Shower is fine, great linen closet. Love the porcelain head. Vanity very small. Awning fine but don't keep it out in strong winds or rain. All-in-all I would rate this camper 3.5 stars out of 5 stars.
- bromej, Wisconsin

2020-08-26 2011 Palomino Bronco 1500 View Listings

Great camper. Read some good and bad reviews before i bought. Anyone that wrote a bad review probably was use to hotel camping and probably not too comfortable outside of the city. Its a camper, s**t breaks, but its easy to fix and its great to haul the family around in. Had a bronco for 5 years and just loved it.
- Jim, Alberta

2020-08-16 2021 Palomino Backpack Edition SS-550 View Listings

Just picked up our 2021 SS550. Not super impressed as this year the overhead cabinets are literally “canvas duffel bags” and worthless. They have removed lots of the storage the older models had (such as below the countertop and under the bed. The dinette table is so flimsy we have already ordered a better “foot for it” and then they are so worried about weight yet they have an additional board which is for the “dinette bed” that there is no place to store and have to lug around. With just a tad bit of thought they could have set up the dinette so that the table could be used for the dinette bed. But nope too easy to go the cheap route in construction but not price. You may ask why we bought it? Can’t find a older used one and are on a time line due to health issues. If ya have time wouldn’t buy it look at their previous years models much better layout and storage. Oh and quality apparently isn’t in their vocabulary just looking to turn out quick to build and super light weight to the point of stupid. Has so much potential and they went the cheap easy route. Some redeeming features are the electric roof jacks hand, rail at door Instant hot water heater and 3 way fridge beyond that really a bummer. Not sure why they went this route as is sad.
- Ann Etcheverry , Wyoming

2020-08-04 2021 Palomino Puma 22FKC View Listings

First trip in it was taken weekend of July 31-Aug 2nd. Trailer sits high and catches tons of wind. NOT towable with a 1/2 ton truck for long mileages beyond 60-65mph. I tow with a ‘17 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel, and it’s tapping that platform out on power. Wood chips left on top of cabinets from manufacturing, trim pieces not completely attached in a couple of spots. Dealer had to fix leaking fresh water dump valve connection before delivery. For what I paid, $23k and change, although that was cheaper than other brands with similar floor plans, I expect more. Twenty thousand plus dollars for a stick and tin built trailer is a lot, and I feel fit/finish effort should have been greater. Roofing material has bubbles in multiple spots. I suspect due to very poor quantity of roofing adhesive applied during manufacturing process. The EPDM adhesive is cheap stuff so I don’t get skimping on that. The slideout uses an EPDM roof instead of an awning topper. This is good and bad. Bugs and debris will come into the trailer when retracting slide despite the weather stripping that’s in place. I get up on a ladder and broom it off before retracting. The shower stall and solid shower door/wall instead of a curtain is nice. The DC powered frig doesn’t use propane so there is one less sidewall and one less roof vent. This is a win, less bugs intruding since the side vent for a propane frig is a popular spot for insects to enter. iRV radio/DVD unit main screen stopped working during my first trip but I don’t singularly blame Puma for that. Cheap Chinese made junk. Warranty should pickup the tab for another unit. Overall I would buy this unit again but I don’t think I’d purchase it at the same price point.
- Mike Druhl , Texas

2020-08-03 2019 Palomino Solaire 205SS View Listings

Tows great, upgraded mattress makes it sleeps great. AC works great. Large refrigerator that keeps food very cold. Plenty of room on couch. TV and stereo work good also. Central heat and air make it very comfortable.
- Gary Nelson, West Virginia

2020-07-23 2015 Palomino SolAire 307QBDSK View Listings

I really like the layout of two rooms, the swivel TV, and two kitchens. I dont care for the size of the bathroom not much room to move around in or change your clothes in there. It tows really nice for a 34ft trailer and space in the main living area is really nice and big. It really feels well built and seems easy to work on so far.
- Mark, Utah

2020-07-20 2019 Palomino Solaire 202RB View Listings

I have owned this camper for 5 months. Bought it brand new! I was super excited! I had it at the house for 2 days then took it back to the dealer. While I was cleaning I noticed lots of things wrong. The biggest one at the time was the face frame of the kitchen cabinets were constructed of rotten wood. Got it fixed along with about 10 other smaller things. Then I noticed the back of the camper is de-laminating and the roof leaking in the center of the trailer. These are now much larger defects. Now we have an electrical short in the camper somewhere; touch the frame and get shocked! I really hate this camper. I have written 2 reviews in my life. The first one was a company in Alaska that took me fishing and was fabulous (so happy that I couldn't write enough great things). Then this one: I really hate this camper! The list of things wrong with this camper is extensive and growing; I would need more than the 5000 characters. The warranty from Palamino blames the dealer and the dealer says we can only fall back on the warranty. I really just want Palamino to buy back this lemon of a camper back so I can get back to enjoying camping with a quality camper. I have cancelled reservations because I don't trust this camper. For a first time brand new camper buyer this has been disappointing and a very sad experience.
- Terri Hinton, Michigan

2020-07-13 2021 Palomino Puma 382THS View Listings

We have had nothing but trouble with this camper! Now with that said. We searched for over three years of getting the wants of me and my husband in one camper lol. The floor plan is perfect with the recliners for him and a kitchen table for me, large enough to haul the Harley around without all the weight. So we bought it May 30 left on June 26 to California from Ohio and June 30 in Albuquerque New Mexico the roof flies off. Well to be more fare the front part of the seam let loose causing the vinyl to flap which in turn busted off the roof vents! To get a hold of any kind of customer service or warranty people was a nightmare. I did give warranty a 5 star for right now because we are on our way to take it back to the factory, Gonna see if their words are true to make this right with us! Now moving on, one tire was bald from where transport drug it, didn’t notice until a few days later. The bald part was always down! Next we are in Arizona the desert and the awning rips. Warranty doesn’t even know about this yet! The bedroom panaling is tore from the wall and bubbles everywhere else practically! The quality of this camper is POOR be on belief. There must not be any quality control person working for forest rivers! Very dissatisfied with our camper! A lot of our problems is not just cosmetic, it had the potential to really hurting someone on the highway! Beware if purchasing a 2021 puma 5th wheel toy hauler! 382THS
- Rebecca McNichols, Ohio

2020-06-21 2018 Palomino Puma 31FKRK View Listings

I have owned a few campers and motorhome this is by far the best unit I have owned. The floorpan and the options are great especially the 50 amp option which gives us 2 AC. So far no problems and this unit had every option available so we are happy we bought it loaded.
- Mike Carter, Texas

2020-06-20 2021 Palomino Puma 23FBC View Listings

Tons of little things that should have been caught before it was shipped. Sewer pipe hanging way to low. Should've been tucked closer to frame. Sewer pipe hanger loose.Single sink is terrible idea. Large drain on freshwater tank hangs way to low, will be easy to drag off. Stabilizer jacks barely on frame lip. Should be centered under it. Sloppy fitting glass in widows (cheap garbage). Large glass window in front bedroom and to cheap to add a roof vent. Rubber lp gas hoses underneath stretched so tight you can play music by strumming it. Bumper was so distorted (out of square) took an hour of tweaking to get sewer hose to fit inside it. Lots of places throughout that are not square that should be. I'm sure there will be others but this was all found the first day looking it over.
- John, West Virginia

2020-06-18 2018 Palomino Columbus Compass 378MBC View Listings

I believe I have a lemon unit. Had this unit since April 2017. Paid cash same day and have had problems since we purchased this unit. Seriously. Can someone please point me in the right direction to talk to someone who can help me on this? Thank you
- Jane, Texas

2020-06-17 2020 Palomino Solaire 147X View Listings

I can't name enough things that have gone wrong or have been wrong from the manufacturer. DO NOT buy one of these campers. It is made of "cardboard". I can only start to name things that are wrong....pullout bars don't fit, water heater won't work, window won't close, fan in bathroom is hitting screen, workmanship is terrible. Quality control was terrible too. Sofa was only bolted down on one side....fans with lights attached to hang from the ceiling while in the pop outs break every clip they have on them....cheap brittle plastic...so, then you can't use them anymore. We have used the camper for four days and every clip is broken. It's just amazing how one camper can be so bad.
- Cindy Meuser, Pennsylvania

2020-06-17 2021 Palomino Puma 38RLB View Listings

We did a lot of research before purchasing. We even saw all the negative reviews associated with Forest River Inc. After all the browsing and research we found the Palomino Puma 38rlb. The only available one, because they apparently sell so fast, was a 2021. First of all this destination trailer looks great from the outside for being an aluminum trailer. The graphics and flair moldings on the wheels are an eye catcher. The floor plans offered in these destination trailers are great at the prices they are sold at. Being one of the few offering 4 slide outs is a huge plus. However, let's just say that they should put a little more effort in trying to design a couple of them to extend maybe 4 inches more. The first issue we had was with the main AC unit. It was plugged in backwards. Contacted Puma and the dealer and told them how unacceptable this is for it to be sent to the dealer and leave the factory not being checked. There is also the issue of a lot of staples not being fully into the floor around the carpet. I had to hammer them all fully in. Another issue that seems to fall still on the lack of quality checks is things like trim and walls pulling apart.. From the lack of staples not being fully placed. There are quite a few areas such as access panels that could have actually been used as another source of storage, but after removing the panel you'll notice they used a large space for unnecessarily running walls up and then immediately into the adjacent wall also inside this panel.. Laziness. Another problem area falling on both the dealer and the manufacturer is the lack of cleaning. Inside one of the heater vents was a large pile of wood chippings from the initial drilling of the frame. You'll also find tons of tiny metal shavings all throughout the inside of the trailer. No oversight. I believe these trailers are great and really have a lot of potential, but there needs to be more QAQCS, a little adjustment to overall planning, and I would say adding things like enclosed underbelly or tinted/dual pane windows. Typically, a destination trailer is to be lived in for extended periods - you'd think that'd be the basis around every part of the manufacturing and selling of this product.
- Richard, Texas

2020-06-11 2014 Palomino SolAire Expandable 163X View Listings

This camper includes many upgrades at no additional cost like a heated mattress and ducted air conditioning. It has a lot more storage than campers of a similar size. The bathroom counter offers extra space. The oven is also a nice extra.
- Amy Jones, Illinois

2020-05-25 2011 Palomino Puma PT1 View Listings

This is a great first or family camper. Easy to pull and set up. Lots of extras. Nothing but the best. Bunks and queen bed. Shower and tub combo. Tows so well. SUV is all you need. Electric jack and awning. Upgraded blinds. This is the one.
- Thiel Cynthia, Ohio

2020-05-19 2020 Palomino Puma Destination 37PFL View Listings

Totally junk had a list of 30 legitimate problems from burnt and melted wires to dryer and stove vent doors chalked closed, no air flow out of heater vents, something with heater not connected and melted plumbing under floor went back to factory said over half my list those items were fine,well guess what was gone for over 3 weeks and came back with 28 of the same problems, puma is made by forest river, never ever by anything made by them traded in a beautiful 2018 camper,and got this piece of s**t dealer and factory work good guy bad guy so don't believe either one,getting attorney to handle it now,it's not about the money it's about the lies and to help other people not to buy a forest river product!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- John smith, Florida

2020-05-12 2016 Palomino Columbus Compass 320RSC View Listings

Had a number of problems from day one after I factory ordered my unit and received it.Missing items wrong items broken and poor workmanship Complained to dealer got no help Called forest river they promised to make it right never did 3 years even after several failed attempts with a different dealer unable to fix the problems and recommend the manufacturer get involved then they tried to tell me my warranty was us. I told them to bad I have every email where they said they would fix the problem. Long story short I’m taking them to court but knowing what I know know there’s a easier way to get things handled from day one. There may be no lemon law but there is something similar I will be more then happy to help anyone who buys a new trailer how to avoid the head he aches and long waits of service they can’t do that they are just trying to burn up your warranty. They think they have the upper hand and they tried it with me to but they picked the wrong person I will make it my life’s mission now to make sure everyone now knows what I know so no one else has to deal with the same you should be able to buy a rv and enjoy the experience and relax not have to deal with the headaches after because they don’t want to build a good product or stand behind them. Thanks for reading. Rob
- Robert brodeur, Massachusetts

2020-04-26 2018 Palomino Puma XLE Lite 27RBQC View Listings

This RV is perfect! We searched for the best layout for our family of 5, and this was a great fit for us! Very roomy and comfortable. No problems pulling this trailer and the set-up is easy and quick. I would highly recommend this travel trailer! Great family travel trailer at a very reasonable price point! It is a home away from home with all of the amenities you would expect from a hotel!
- Cheryl Matchett, Florida

2020-04-01 2015 Palomino Real-Lite HS-1806 View Listings

Our truck camper has been great. It is well constructed and the layout works wonderfully. It has many features with tv hookup inside and out, am/fm radio with CD player, plus air conditioning which our last one did not. For a truck camper this unit has a lot of storage and we can easily fit all that we need to travel for a couple of weeks. Although it will not fit through the rock formations on Needles Highway in SD. It has an inside shower, but we really love the outdoor shower. My husband design a shower curtain for this area so it is more convenient to use. It has been a lot of fun. The only reason we are selling it is because we are recently retired and travel with our horses. We are looking for a horse trailer with a larger living area to spend winters in warmer weather.
- JoAnn Fink, Wisconsin

2020-03-23 2017 Palomino Columbus Compass 384RD View Listings

As soon as we took delivery from Camping World on this coach, everything starting falling off the walls, window treatments, covers, TV fell in the floor and shattered, pull cables were too hard to pull, tires wore out in less than 5,000 miles, awning after 2 years tore for no reason at all. Too afraid to take it anywhere with something else going wrong.
- David Akins, South Carolina

2020-03-08 2018 Palomino Puma XLE Lite 27QBC View Listings

Junk. Dealer did a poor job checking it out, so did not return for more poor service. Now out of warranty and it leakes like crazy. We fix one place and another shows up. Had to drain under lining several times. This trlr would not even make a good dog house. Wish we could get our money back. The paint on the stabalizers was a joke. The factory painted o er oil so paint has pealed off and all 4 jacks are extremely rusty. The vanity cabinet was poorly done. It looks like a rat chewed the hole for the water lines to pass thru to the shower. The privacy curtain was screwed into the thin ceiling and pulled out when we were going down the highway. This trailer is crap, crap, crap! Would trade it but don't feel right passing this piece of junk on to someone else.
- Sharon Skinner, Texas