Palomino RVs Reviews (113)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Palomino RVs Reviews and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of these RVs.

David from Iowa says:

Have you owned any Palomino RVs? Write a review

Voted Most Helpful Review 2016 Palomino Puma 31DBTS View Listings

unit should have been checked over better, way to many little thing, had to bring it back to the dealer 6 times the first year, now out of warrantee and we have bigger issues,,,,, MFG. blaming dealer,, dealer blaming MFG. bottem line i get the shaft....
- David, Iowa

2019-06-16 2019 Palomino Puma 37PFL View Listings

We spend a lot of time in the trailer. Lots of room. Trailer is heavy and susceptible to wind The 9” step height is tough on us with bad knees and back problems Disappointed in the Linoleum floor covering it Marks and tears easily. The floor is soft gives when walked across. The Magic Chef microwave has been replaced 4 times and going to have to replace it again. Ceiling fan been replaced 2 times and making noise Window had to be resealed, Poor insulation AC in front will not keep it cool moldings and door frame had to be reattached Veneer on wood rubbing off Dealer doing the repair work no questions asked just multiple trips to bring it in Even with the problems we’ve enjoyed the trailer lots of room very comfortable comfortable they called it a destinations trailer love the homestyle refrigerator and stove
- Tommy Davis , Texas

2019-06-11 2018 Palomino Columbus 377MBC View Listings

This is an absolutely beautiful and excellent functioning, well laid out fifth wheel! Feels huge inside! We love the Mid Bunk Layout. The Kitchen is very nice with a big island and full size refrigerator.
- Josh Haering, Florida

2019-06-05 2019 Palomino Solaire 316RLTS View Listings

Purchased Solaire 304 rkds new, only 3 months. Have had problems right off the bat: • Water Heater NOT lighting up on propane. • Shower leaks water out on floor bottom rail evidently not sealed had to seal myself. • Vent low air output from bedroom heat or ac vents won’t cool down or heat up bedroom. • Denver mattress has memory foam which remembers you were there, has a dip still after a month of not being used. P.O.S. • The master bed support came apart as soon as I got the NEW RV home about 150 miles away, staples did not hold. • Staples in closets walls came apart, needs screws, not staples. • Front door has a gap where I can see daylight. • NO factory support, even tried to visit factory, they sent me to a dealer. • Screws in the back of RV came loose, has NO sealant for moisture. • Wall along the TV mount coming loose. • Washer is NOT balanced, can NOT use. If I knew it would come with all of these problems, I would NOT have purchased a Forest River brand. This is MUCH worse than CHINA products, at least with them I expect it.
- Jesse Rodriguez, Texas

2019-05-22 2018 Palomino Puma 32RBFQ View Listings

I really would like my money back. nothing but problems. Bought April of 2018 and its been back to dealer more then i have used it. List of problems short in slide causing fuse to blow AC unit didn't work( got fixed loose wire) Pinched gas line Front bedroom wall bowing ( finally fixed second visit to dealer cost me 305.00 Tows like crap. cant stay on road loose control. Really bad on Highway. ( Changed WB and sway control, up graded to they say better one) Still sucks. Just went camping 16th of May thought i was going to die. Door handle to bath room coming apart Kitchen sink now has cracks in corner on both sides towards front. missing trim under medication cabinet in bathroom Main door wouldn't stay shut Think that is about it for now. It has 3 slides lots of room . Worst thing we ever bought. Now called dealer yesterday and haven't heard from them yet. I be happy if they would just buy it back , would not buy another one.
- Greg Seese, Michigan

2019-05-07 2019 Palomino Solaire 316RLTS View Listings

Purchased solaire 316 rlts new. problems right off the bat. furnace had to be set to 74 to keep it at 68 would get no warmer,shower leaked water out on floor bottom rail evidently not sealed, rained, slide out leaked water into unit like a river, vent low air output from bedroom heat and ac vents. wont cool down or heat up bedroom. shower head was broke, tv antenna would pick up no stations front door hard to close and will pop open vent over stove was missing screen and the louvers outside were hanging out of hood. Total junk.Layout of trailer is why we bought it we use it stationary on property as a get away cabin. very roomy interior but everything is cheaply made vert thin cabinetry and wall material mattress is terrible after only seven days of use depression in it already. Cant see it lasting long. Will never buy another solaire.
- Jeff Jennings, Michigan

2019-04-08 2016 Palomino Palomini 180FB View Listings

Bought this TT new in August 2017.Have been on 12 trips so far of 250 miles or less.pulls good with my Nissan Frontier.Has 440 tongue weight,so I installed weight distribution hitch.Replaced the factory installed Chinese manufactured C rated tires with American made Goodyear Endurance D rated tires.Have not had any problems with appliances or build quality.I check the roof and sealants and outside trim after every trip and have not had any separations or leaks.The A/C keeps the Trailer cool in the summer,but is a little noisy as all of the TT units are!The heater works great,have to keep it on low setting or it gets to hot for me.The hot water heater has a fast recovery and the shower has plenty of room,the dry bath was the main feature that sold me on the trailer and also the full sized Queen bed,not the rv queenbed that is 6 inches shorter that other models that I looked at had!I did a lot of research before I bought the Palomini, and most of the TT's are similar in build quality,its the features that I was looking for that made my decision to buy the 180FB.another feature that was important is the Dexter axle.The bearings in the wheels are supposed to be packed once a year! the Dexter axle has grease searts on the end of the axle,you dont have to disassemble the wheel hubs to maintain them,just use a grease gun to pump grease in the axle until it comes back through the front bearling,then your done!
- J.S., Georgia

2019-03-29 2016 Palomino Palomini 177BH View Listings

This is a great little camper! Nice queen bed in the front and bunk beds in the back. Since it’s just me and my husband now, the bunks are great for storage. When used for sleeping, each one has it’s own window, light, and outlet. Refrigerator is a good size and there’s a decent amount of storage throughout the camper. Love the curved shower rod for the tub and the sky light in the bathroom. The off road package gives us the clearance we need for rocky and rough terrain found at some campgrounds.
- Steph, Virginia

2019-03-29 2015 Palomino Columbus 370FL View Listings

Have been out with the unit 6 times the frame is cracked and know one seems to be willing to do anything mean while the payments keep coming and I have know idea who can make a repair the dealer says they can fix it Good times.
- Gregory Keyworth, North Carolina

2019-03-25 2016 Palomino Palomini 180FB View Listings

Nice layout - bathroom shower larger than expected - very good storage with "linen closet" and "Medicine cabinet" in bathroom helpful features. I liked the 2 level LED lighting including light and power at head of bed on both sides. Full LED lighting in outside storage cabinets and on awning nice touches. Only complaint was build quality lacking. medicine cabinet and table not well anchored to wall - I had to reinforce. Same with microwave. Other than that I am quite happy with unit.
- Randy, Wisconsin

2019-03-23 2017 Palomino Columbus 320RS View Listings

We have lived in our 320rs for 2 1/2 years now full time. These rigs are not made to handle everyday living they are for recreational use that being said...Yes we have had some minor problems some trim fell off while traveling over NY roads and the long window box sagged after a year, our residential refrigerator fell over during travel, I didn’t like the couch (I don’t like RV furniture period) and our outside door didn’t close properly, and a few minor things. After the run around from some dealers for warranty service I called Columbus. They found a dealer near us and upon arrival the dealer had a list of what needed fixing, we reviewed it together and Columbus covered everything, even though the dealer stated they probably wouldnt replace the door because it was a year old. There were a few delays in delivery of items but it was because the dealer ordered the wrong parts and the refrigerator was late due to weather conditions (flooding). There is an excellent Facebook group of owners who are ready and willing to assist whenever there’s a problem. We love the floor plan however they no longer offer it. The Columbus team is a small division of Forest River and has been very good to us.
- Terri, New York

2019-03-19 2015 Palomino SolAire 307QBDSK View Listings

We have loved this camper! It has allowed our family of 5 to enjoy camping and not rough it at all. Very comfortable in every way. Very modern and easy to set up. Tows really well in all weather we have been hit with. Fiberglass exterior is super durable.
- Justin Partee, Minnesota

2019-03-12 2013 Palomino Columbus 320RS View Listings

We love this 5th Wheel, but we do not travel any longer. The original price was $62,000. (which is listed wrong on RVT.) There is no logic to keeping it just to look at it. She's a beauty and tows perfectly. You can take over our payment of $456.82 if approved.
- Molly Hannon, Arizona

2019-03-05 2019 Palomino Puma XLE Lite 27RBQC View Listings

We’ve owned a Puma X-Lite for less than a month. We had a major water leak in the restroom within our first week. The dealership told me that I’d have to wait 3 weeks for a repair. I called the RV loan company and told them that I wouldn’t make a single payment until someone fixed the leaky roof. I had to get dramatic in order to get help. Dealership maintenance fixed the leak within 4 hours. The main door lock/handle jammed shortly after the rain stopped. I had to crawl through the small storage opening on the side to drill the door open. I received a new lock from the dealership. The water heater has a gas leak. The carbon monoxide alarm goes off every time we turn on the water heater. I have yet to address this to the dealership. There’s a lot of issues going. Overall, the quality of this Palomino trailer is terrible. The dealership has been helpful. But we’re only a couple of weeks in! Let’s see what breaks next.
- Sara, Texas

2019-02-27 2019 Palomino Puma Destination 38DBS View Listings

I can't rate towing because i paid someone to tow. I bought the park model in january of 2019 because it has two bedrooms and one and half baths. I wish i'd done more research first. After one week it has begun falling apart. It was pretty but no substance. The window shades are falling apart and the bottom bar is the main issue, outside rain channels dont work, it is streaking badly, the mattresses are cheap and sunk in after a few days ( serta too), THE MAIN AC UNIT DOES NOT WORK and now waiting on another one ( brand new coleman mach) and i had to pay mobile tech to come out and diagnose it (more than 100) and will have to pay another $200 above what coleman covers >:( , the black water tank dump handles are not easily reachable (i have to get on knees and contort) but grey water tank handles are, clothes washer shakes whole trailer and cant get straight answer about if more blocks are needed where would they go? Screen door was put on by us and i had to spray lube to get it to slide good, the chairs that came with it have a cool feature for hiding small things but dent the floors if u get it off carpet, the moving straps on appliances are almost impossible to retrieve if u let them go, 2cd toliet area has no floor vent and insulation overall is limited. 2cd toliet area's mini ceiling vent was put on crooked, the steps are rusting already, in the front room the ceiling is separating froom the wall, the frame studs are not in good places for putting up any pictures, the door blinds are a crappy design in that they have already broken at the top where they overlap and the clips keep hanging up and they keep catching on the door track, the shower water pressure is non existent, outdoor lighting is nonexistent if u want to leave a light on if u go out u cant even see your keys to unlock much less the steps, when i asked dealer about problems they said too bad, i'd have to pay certified mobile tech first and submit to see if they felt like covering it, couch doesnt have storage even tho there is space, it's only been one month, so who knows what i will find next month. Pros - it's pretty, has slides with pretty framing, has one ceiling fan ( could be more), has two bedrooms, plenty of indoor lights, full size fridge and decent size stove and microwave, good storage for kitchen and clothes, i like the kitchen sink's faucet because itcomes out of holder and alternates between two spray choices, thermostat for ac and heat, love the electric fireplace, great for music and has cables for tv even tho short and wall piece fell off pulling on it, it does have holding tanks, did i say it was pretty?
- Elizabeth c, Texas

2019-02-18 2019 Palomino Columbus 297RK View Listings

We toured the factory and we were impressed with the quality compared to some other factories. It towes great behind my Ram 4500 and we fell in love with rving so we stepped up to a 45’ 5th wheel and we are going full time RV ing before we get too old.
- Ray Lussier, South Carolina

2019-02-12 2018 Palomino SolAire Ultra Lite 202RB View Listings

Love the bathroom. Could use a bit more counter space in the kitchen. Lots of storage. We lived in our for 4 months last summer. I would recommend this model. Went down the road great. We did use equalizers and sway bar.
- Shirley, Florida

2019-02-10 2018 Palomino Columbus 383FB View Listings

Day one after hauling from dealer in sweetwater TX~ Big spring Texas. Cracked windows “spider webbed”. Get set up and water turned on,instant water leak from front sink drains into understorage. The front entrance door will not close without being slammed very hard. The kitchen sink has pre-cut pieces to cover the sink. They are not cut properly and you have to yank on them with all your power to get them out. Slides sound like death when being retracted or extended. Noticed soft spots in the floors due to the A/C and heat ducts. In the bedroom beside the bed wires are exposed with 1/4” holes exposed. Latches don’t close and lock properly on the outside compartments. All in all it’s liveable for now but needs serious attention from the factory. Hopefully Monday we will make headway. But by all means family RV in sweetwater is top notch. There is no way to catch these things in the little time we had when picking up the trailer.
- Brendon Smith , Texas

2019-02-04 2018 Palomino Puma XLE Lite 27RBQC View Listings

Used it twice from new
- Tom Bomer, Texas

2019-01-26 2011 Palomino Puma 30RKSS View Listings

We love the floor plan. Wife needs her space in the kitchen and we can be out of her way in the tv room. Tons of storage in main area. Need more room and storage in bedroom. Only complaint on floorplan is thr little room around the bed. Wish there was a slideout for the headboard of queen bed and that would add more bedroom storage. Quality is very good have had no issues with trim and mechanicals. Kept at campground for 3 seasons and 1 snowbird trip to Florida. Been great for family of 3 adults.
- Dan, Wisconsin

2019-01-24 2015 Palomino Puma 39PQB View Listings

I work away from home and live in this trailer so it is my home away from home. We bought it used (2yr old) so we havent had much to do with factory/warranty support. The floor plan is THE BEST you can find for a family with children. The only thing its missing is a dishwasher haha. Ours has a washer dryer in it aswell as a 12 Ga. water heater which you can have a full shower in with out running out of hot water. Lots of inside storage, it pulls excellent for the size and weight. I use a one ton dually and I can tell it’s behind me with that being said Ive never had swaying problems pulling it. We would recommend this rv for anyone with kids that spends an extended amount of time rving, camping, living and looking for an rv. You wont regret it!
- M & C Wadsir, Saskatchewan

2019-01-15 2008 Palomino Puma 27DSQ View Listings

LOVE IT. We are retired and use this 5th wheel very often. We're not full timers, but close enough. The floor plan is awesome. The wood work is very nice, and nicely crafted. The components (fridge, stove, converter, chairs and so on) are of great quality. It tows (hauls) very nicely as well. Inside is so quite. Those 3 inch walls makes a huge difference. We RV yr round and mostly on the Oregon coast. It's gets very chilly at night outside, but you stay nice and toasty inside. We have owned several 5th wheels over the past 17 yrs, and this one is a gem. It's not been trouble free, but Highland Ridge has taken care of our issues. NOT THE DEALERSHIP Where we bought it. Al's Trailers in Salem Oregon, please stay clear of this dealership. If not for the care of Highland Ridge we would not be writing this. We would buy this brand, and floor plan over and again. (though I'm not a fan of pinch and rolled outer walls) after one yr of ownership... WE LOVE THIS OPEN RANGE 3X
- Paul & Brenda Marcus , Oregon

2019-01-13 2018 Palomino Columbus Compass 298RLC View Listings

Great rv. 1 year old no issues so far. Traveling about 5-8000 miles per year. Delivered from factory with several very minor issues that were fixed by dealer before delivery. My wife and I are really enjoying this one.
- Dennis , Colorado

2019-01-12 2016 Palomino Puma 39PFK View Listings

Excellent condition in and out well very good Val is it to park in parking stalls Kitcat anywhere for free everything was excellent condition color carpet new Runs great................................
- Caroline ross, Florida

2019-01-03 2016 Palomino Puma 39PFK View Listings

My husband and I just finished building our first home together, even though we've been married 28 years! He said we should live on-site while the home was being built, so he purchased this travel trailer. Whoever is reading this doesn't know me, but I'll put it THIS way.....THIS GIRL DOESN'T CAMP! So the idea of a "camper" was certainly an eye roll moment for me! My friends actually had bets that I wouldn't last two weeks. However, I am here to say that I stayed in this camper 590 days and it was just fine! The king-sized bed in this camper was actually MORE comfortable than the one we had in our old house! I'm a big cook, so I had to get used to not having a BIG kitchen, but what we had was fine. We are now living in a 4,000 square foot home on 15 acres, and I often look over at the camper and think, "It sure was easier to clean than THIS house!" !!LOL!! I made it 590 days (even though I'm a high-maintenance woman) because it was so comfortable. I loved the setup too! Having the big recliners in front of the TV and HUGE windows along the opposite wall made it feel OPEN and not claustrophobic. My stepson built us a nice deck and we put patio furniture out there and the "Redneck Riveria" was born. Being a woman, the ONLY issue I had was space for clothes and shoes - - but I just didn't keep a lot in the camper and would change out my clothes every few weeks from our storage building. (I'm talking about hanging space for clothes). There is a great chest of drawers at the foot of the bed and LOTS of storage under the bed. There is also a small closet as you come into the camper where you can hang jackets and store umbrellas....so it DOES have storage space! This camper really is comfortable and would make a great "go to" camp in the woods or a nice hunting camp for hunters.
- Helen Dufreche, Louisiana