Palomino Reviews on RV Insider (192)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Palomino RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

David from Iowa says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2016 Palomino Puma 31DBTS View Listings

unit should have been checked over better, way to many little thing, had to bring it back to the dealer 6 times the first year, now out of warrantee and we have bigger issues,,,,, MFG. blaming dealer,, dealer blaming MFG. bottem line i get the shaft....
- David, Iowa

2020-11-16 2015 Palomino Columbus 365RL View Listings

Our experience has been very good. This 5th wheel is built very well. I have had 1 or 2 minor problems, but with a quick phone call I was able to resolve them myself. This floor plan is very liveable for 2 and it is quite comfortable, especially with the recliners directly across from the large flat screen TV. Yes, I would recommend this brand. Thank You
- Robert Nelson, Oklahoma

2020-11-11 2018 Palomino Puma 25FBS View Listings

Love the 5th wheel..very classy looking ..tons of cupboard space ...everything is very comfortable for 2 older adults...the inside and outside look like new after 2.5 years ...well built ...will purchase a puma again
- Lesa kazlauskas, Michigan

2020-11-06 2020 Palomino Backpack Edition HS-8801 View Listings

Although I have been unable to use this unit it is very light for the amount of space provided. Quality of workmanship is top notch. Will work well on any modern 3/4 ton pickup on up. Solar panels provide ample dry camping time.
- Donald Ausmus, Texas

2020-11-05 2020 Palomino Puma 257RESS View Listings

Great experience with salesman at the Dealership - no problems so far so I have no idea what to expect since I bought the trailer a long way from home. Hopefully, since this is my first ever trailer, I will have a long, happy relationship with "Ms. Kitty" - so far I am happy, happy, happy!
- Sharon, Texas

2020-10-25 2020 Palomino SolAire Ultra Lite 249RBS View Listings

I bought this Trailer because I loved the floor plan and the tank sizes, but found out that the quality control and workmanship are terrible. I had the back wall in the bathbroom seperating from the cabinets as well as the wall by the refridgerator. The service department fixed it under warenty which was great. My first trip the shower leaked all over the bathroom because the drain wasn't tightened. It looked fine until you stood in the basin and seen a small gap which water ran out of. There were plenty of small things that need fixed through out as well. I was getting hot in the summer and cold in the fall and couldn't seem to figure out why. The front window radiates hot as well as cold terribly, wish I had a insulating pillow to put in there. I had taken off the shroud around the window to see why it was so cold. There was no insulation in the nose of the trailer. There was a little bit of Reflectix that didn't even cover a quarter of it, it was just fiberglass shell and thin paneling. I am having to run the heater a lot which burns through propane quickly. I am very unhappy with this trailer and if I had a chance to start over I'd go with a different one. Would not recommend this to anyone and if this is the quality of Forest River products I wouls suggest going with a different company all together.
- DarRick Pennington, Idaho

2020-10-22 2019 Palomino Puma 25RKSS View Listings

First time out the outdoor speakers blew out with just low volume on the radio. The carbon monoxide detector goes off when the water heater ignites. The electric jacks blow the fuses nearly every time we lower them. We had the dealer fix the trim inside around the doors, but now it's curling up again. The shower pan has a ten inch long crack in it, after only a half dozen uses. The toilet leaked the first time out. The outer trim around the screw channels is peeling off. The DVD player stopped working the fourth time we went camping. We bought this trailer brand new, to replace a 20 year old one that had much less wrong with it than this. We've been getting the run around from the dealer, I suppose if they stall long enough the warranty will expire. We'll never buy another Forest River product again and we are forewarning people: Be wary of ANY new trailers manufactured in the last 5 years. Our dealings with other Forest River owners who have had nothing but problems with their new Forest Rivers has shown us that most of these "budget" trailers (I don't see how $30,000.00 is considered a "budget" trailer) are hastily built, sometimes not even cleaned or completed when they reach the dealership and most have nothing but hassles when dealing with dealers. We are in the works with a "Lemon Law" attorney, but it is a long slow process and we still are paying $250 a month for a trailer we can't use. We're not party-hardy kids, we're in our 50s and wanted something to travel around the country with, we've had this junker out less than a dozen times and less than 300 miles on it and already the trailer is falling apart like a 30 year old one with thousands of miles on it. Never Forest River, Ever Again.
- John Ross, Nevada

2020-10-16 2019 Palomino Puma 26FKDS View Listings

Bought this POS in August 2019. In 14 months it has been in the shop almost half the time. Problems range from power converter to EVERYTHING ELECTRICAL, a gap in the roof, hot water heater issues, stereo, window seals, broken cabinet doors. This is my 4th camper in 24 years and the absolute WORST PIECE OF CRAP of all 4. I WILL NEVER, EVER BUY ANOTHER Forest River product for the rest of my LIFE. Bret Sharp
- Bret Sharp, Arkansas

2020-10-13 2020 Palomino Puma 28BHSS View Listings

I bought this trailer October 2019 after our first trailer was flooded due to a cracked skylight. First thing to go was the wall panels turning yellow. It took me 6 months for Forest River to get it and rebuild it from the original frame up. 52 days later I had to have a new roof put on it. Then the pantry flooded. Now I call Forest River this morning to let them know the ceiling is soaked and wet. My warranty guy advises me that he's been instructed by his boss not to have any conversations or correspondence with me. So what's the problem here. He only says, please don't put me in that position and hung up on me. Please, if you are looking to buy an RV do not buy any Forest River products. Today I have found a different RV to purchase. And I will be no longer dealing with Forest River.
- Robert Allen, Michigan

2020-10-03 2016 Palomino Backpack Edition Soft Side SS-1251 View Listings

Screens have deterriated causing rips through out screen, cupboards not anchored to ceiling properly, click lock on drawers do not work causing drawers to open when traveling After 1 yr warranty you are on your own. On a positive note very convenient for parking and queen size bed is a plus.
- Pauline Ryan, Ontario

2020-09-27 2019 Palomino Puma XLE Lite 30DBSC View Listings

Notice to new trailer buyers. #forestriverrv #forestriver We bought a brand new, Forest River, Palomino PUMA, model 30-DBSC, travel trailer in Sept of 2018. Just 2 years ago. I would be very careful about purchasing from this manufacturer again. Today we we were going to clean the roof. Jay got up there and noticed both of the roof vents have cracks in them. He went to one, brushed his hand over it, and the plastic crumbled under his fingers. It is super brittle. The whole thing. It's not like we are in Arizona in super hot sun. We are in Washington state. I can see this happening maybe 15 years after purchase but 2? It is quite obvious that the plastic used on the vents is not UV resistant. We have also had problems with the trim around our slide out coming off when we pull out the slide out. We have also had problems with the door handles coming out when we use the doors. The wallpaper is bubbling on the wall in the kitchen. Don't buy a Puma.
- Jay Schober, Washington

2020-09-25 2019 Palomino Puma XLE Lite 27RBQC View Listings

We purchased this Camper one week ago today! Had a major tire blow out on the way home. Sat on the side of the road for an hour waiting for help. Once we made it home we went to set it up and open the slide only to find out the battery was completely dead. Today we load everything to head out for our first camping weekend only to have the brakes lock up and catch fire. My husband had to put the fire out with the extinguisher that is before the fire department arrived!! The camper is a 2019 but we are the first time owners. I pray all the issues get worked out very soon and we did not make the wrong decision with this purchase. Oh and we can't get the dealership to respond to my messages or texts. :)
- Lynn Jacques, Alabama

2020-09-17 2018 Palomino Columbus 38FK View Listings

Absolutely the worst quality of craftsmanship. Floor does not have enough nails or screws, the floor is soft and lifting everywhere, the electrical has had so many shorts taking out a few plugs at a time. Window covering frames are in square, some are up to an inch off. Surround sound that came with unit is junk. The convection/ microwave lasted 2 months, probably because of electrical. Water leaks under sink and bathroom, their has been so many things wrong it sucks how bad this 5th wheel is. Warranty is worthless. Buy a different camping trailer , forest river is pure junk.
- Victor, New Mexico

2020-09-16 2018 Palomino Columbus Compass 377MBC View Listings

Current owner for 2 years and big fan of these trailers. Well made with lots of essential features. Roomy with lots of internal storage. More than enough heating and AC to be comfortable. Having the electric fireplace allows you to use the campground's electric to heat instead of your own propane. Plumbing and waste systems are simple and easy to use. Annual winterization was simple. Electrical system has provided no issues. Mostly LED lighting inside. Slides move easily in and out. Awning is great with full power including LED lighting. These come with G-Rated tires, so they are not the China Bombs you get on the smaller trailers. Tows easily and tracks perfectly. I had a gooseneck ball in my truck already so I swapped out the fifth wheel hitch and installed a Goosebox. Very nice ride and easy to hitch and unhitch. Very large and comfortable shower. Ceramic toilet for easy cleaning. I wish the bathroom sink was a bit bigger, but they are all that small. Very large closet (full width) in Master so plenty of clothing room. Additional wardrobe in Bunk house is nide sized. The master's mattress is a Sealy Destinations which is a really fantastic mattress with a memory foam pillow-top. Best I've ever felt in a trailer. Didn't use the washer/dryer prep so can't speak to that, but that provided another whole closet. Massive under master bed storage for less used items. Ours has been fully waterproof for our full ownership. No water leaks that we know of. Fabric of chairs and sofas not showing signs of wear yet. Residential fridge is huge at 20 cu ft. We never come close to filling it. Nice double bowl sink with removable covers to give you even more working space in kitchen. Doesn't have dishwasher prep, but honestly don't see the need as we quickly wash after each meal. Maxxair fan in kitchen is easy to use and works well to provide fresh air and remove humidity. Hydraulic auto-leveling system is great. Push a button, trailer lifts off hitch. Push another, trailer auto levels. Push another trailer raises back up ready to hitch back up. Push one last button and trailer retracts all levelers. Pretty slick operation. Very stable on 6 levelers. I do carry a simple single jack stand to put under rear bumper...and that stops virtually all the remaining shakes. Don't need those between wheel chocks or even a fifth wheel tripod. Solar prep is included, but we never used it. Wired for Satellite as well as Cable hookup. Really love the StepAbove entry steps. Very wide and stable. At about 12,500 lbs empty, it's average for a 42' fifth wheel, I pulled with a 2500 RAM with a diesel and stayed under limits and had plenty of power when needed. Has a large pass-thru storage area and the front storage holds a lot too if you don't have the generator option (which we do not). Lots of outdoor lighting. Honestly have had no issues with the trailer other than some trim that needed better attachment when we first got it, and fixing that was part of the pre-purchase inspection. We did add slide toppers which are great to reduce heat on the slides in the summer as well as keeping them clean for quick and easy departures. Also upgraded to Disc brakes. The original drums were fine, but I wanted the extra safety the disc provided both for quick stops as well as no-fading on steep downhills. All-in-all, we've had a very good experience with our Compass and would buy another Columbus readily.
- Brian Heck, Ohio

2020-09-07 2021 Palomino Puma 32RBFQ View Listings

Owned this RV for 3 weeks and it has no issues. Everything works. Fit and finish was good. Nice layout. Can use the back bunkhouse area as an office. Like the light color interior. Like the power stabilizers.
- Pauldleonard, Michigan

2020-09-05 2019 Palomino SolAire Ultra Lite 251RBSS View Listings

Purchased a new 2019 Solaire 251RBSS camper for $21,000. First camping experience was that city water connection leaked water all over front storage compartment. All other systems worked perfectly first time out. Did not come with TV, had to buy our own. No leaks, easy to drive, easy to clean, clean interior, plenty of sleeping capacity, enjoy the rotating TV panel for LR or BR access. Easy to winterize, love staircase into camper. Undercarriage neat and clean, storage capacity OK, LOVE outdoor kitchen and ladder to roof. Ceiling vents not great, windows don't close all the way without considerable effort. A/C works well, stove and fridge(s) work well, mattress hard as a rock without foam pad. Limited storage inside cabin, nice flooring, sofa OK but would prefer reclining chairs. Stereo works fine but can't turn it completely off to limit battery drain. Nice ceiling led lights. Shower is fine, great linen closet. Love the porcelain head. Vanity very small. Awning fine but don't keep it out in strong winds or rain. All-in-all I would rate this camper 3.5 stars out of 5 stars.
- bromej, Wisconsin

2020-08-26 2011 Palomino Bronco 1500 View Listings

Great camper. Read some good and bad reviews before i bought. Anyone that wrote a bad review probably was use to hotel camping and probably not too comfortable outside of the city. Its a camper, s**t breaks, but its easy to fix and its great to haul the family around in. Had a bronco for 5 years and just loved it.
- Jim, Alberta

2020-08-16 2021 Palomino Backpack Edition SS-550 View Listings

Just picked up our 2021 SS550. Not super impressed as this year the overhead cabinets are literally “canvas duffel bags” and worthless. They have removed lots of the storage the older models had (such as below the countertop and under the bed. The dinette table is so flimsy we have already ordered a better “foot for it” and then they are so worried about weight yet they have an additional board which is for the “dinette bed” that there is no place to store and have to lug around. With just a tad bit of thought they could have set up the dinette so that the table could be used for the dinette bed. But nope too easy to go the cheap route in construction but not price. You may ask why we bought it? Can’t find a older used one and are on a time line due to health issues. If ya have time wouldn’t buy it look at their previous years models much better layout and storage. Oh and quality apparently isn’t in their vocabulary just looking to turn out quick to build and super light weight to the point of stupid. Has so much potential and they went the cheap easy route. Some redeeming features are the electric roof jacks hand, rail at door Instant hot water heater and 3 way fridge beyond that really a bummer. Not sure why they went this route as is sad.
- Ann Etcheverry , Wyoming

2020-08-04 2021 Palomino Puma 22FKC View Listings

First trip in it was taken weekend of July 31-Aug 2nd. Trailer sits high and catches tons of wind. NOT towable with a 1/2 ton truck for long mileages beyond 60-65mph. I tow with a ‘17 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel, and it’s tapping that platform out on power. Wood chips left on top of cabinets from manufacturing, trim pieces not completely attached in a couple of spots. Dealer had to fix leaking fresh water dump valve connection before delivery. For what I paid, $23k and change, although that was cheaper than other brands with similar floor plans, I expect more. Twenty thousand plus dollars for a stick and tin built trailer is a lot, and I feel fit/finish effort should have been greater. Roofing material has bubbles in multiple spots. I suspect due to very poor quantity of roofing adhesive applied during manufacturing process. The EPDM adhesive is cheap stuff so I don’t get skimping on that. The slideout uses an EPDM roof instead of an awning topper. This is good and bad. Bugs and debris will come into the trailer when retracting slide despite the weather stripping that’s in place. I get up on a ladder and broom it off before retracting. The shower stall and solid shower door/wall instead of a curtain is nice. The DC powered frig doesn’t use propane so there is one less sidewall and one less roof vent. This is a win, less bugs intruding since the side vent for a propane frig is a popular spot for insects to enter. iRV radio/DVD unit main screen stopped working during my first trip but I don’t singularly blame Puma for that. Cheap Chinese made junk. Warranty should pickup the tab for another unit. Overall I would buy this unit again but I don’t think I’d purchase it at the same price point.
- Mike Druhl , Texas

2020-08-03 2019 Palomino Solaire 205SS View Listings

Tows great, upgraded mattress makes it sleeps great. AC works great. Large refrigerator that keeps food very cold. Plenty of room on couch. TV and stereo work good also. Central heat and air make it very comfortable.
- Gary Nelson, West Virginia

2020-07-23 2015 Palomino SolAire 307QBDSK View Listings

I really like the layout of two rooms, the swivel TV, and two kitchens. I dont care for the size of the bathroom not much room to move around in or change your clothes in there. It tows really nice for a 34ft trailer and space in the main living area is really nice and big. It really feels well built and seems easy to work on so far.
- Mark, Utah

2020-07-20 2019 Palomino Solaire 202RB View Listings

I have owned this camper for 5 months. Bought it brand new! I was super excited! I had it at the house for 2 days then took it back to the dealer. While I was cleaning I noticed lots of things wrong. The biggest one at the time was the face frame of the kitchen cabinets were constructed of rotten wood. Got it fixed along with about 10 other smaller things. Then I noticed the back of the camper is de-laminating and the roof leaking in the center of the trailer. These are now much larger defects. Now we have an electrical short in the camper somewhere; touch the frame and get shocked! I really hate this camper. I have written 2 reviews in my life. The first one was a company in Alaska that took me fishing and was fabulous (so happy that I couldn't write enough great things). Then this one: I really hate this camper! The list of things wrong with this camper is extensive and growing; I would need more than the 5000 characters. The warranty from Palamino blames the dealer and the dealer says we can only fall back on the warranty. I really just want Palamino to buy back this lemon of a camper back so I can get back to enjoying camping with a quality camper. I have cancelled reservations because I don't trust this camper. For a first time brand new camper buyer this has been disappointing and a very sad experience.
- Terri Hinton, Michigan

2020-07-13 2021 Palomino Puma 382THS View Listings

We have had nothing but trouble with this camper! Now with that said. We searched for over three years of getting the wants of me and my husband in one camper lol. The floor plan is perfect with the recliners for him and a kitchen table for me, large enough to haul the Harley around without all the weight. So we bought it May 30 left on June 26 to California from Ohio and June 30 in Albuquerque New Mexico the roof flies off. Well to be more fare the front part of the seam let loose causing the vinyl to flap which in turn busted off the roof vents! To get a hold of any kind of customer service or warranty people was a nightmare. I did give warranty a 5 star for right now because we are on our way to take it back to the factory, Gonna see if their words are true to make this right with us! Now moving on, one tire was bald from where transport drug it, didn’t notice until a few days later. The bald part was always down! Next we are in Arizona the desert and the awning rips. Warranty doesn’t even know about this yet! The bedroom panaling is tore from the wall and bubbles everywhere else practically! The quality of this camper is POOR be on belief. There must not be any quality control person working for forest rivers! Very dissatisfied with our camper! A lot of our problems is not just cosmetic, it had the potential to really hurting someone on the highway! Beware if purchasing a 2021 puma 5th wheel toy hauler! 382THS
- Rebecca McNichols, Ohio

2020-06-21 2018 Palomino Puma 31FKRK View Listings

I have owned a few campers and motorhome this is by far the best unit I have owned. The floorpan and the options are great especially the 50 amp option which gives us 2 AC. So far no problems and this unit had every option available so we are happy we bought it loaded.
- Mike Carter, Texas

2020-06-20 2021 Palomino Puma 23FBC View Listings

Tons of little things that should have been caught before it was shipped. Sewer pipe hanging way to low. Should've been tucked closer to frame. Sewer pipe hanger loose.Single sink is terrible idea. Large drain on freshwater tank hangs way to low, will be easy to drag off. Stabilizer jacks barely on frame lip. Should be centered under it. Sloppy fitting glass in widows (cheap garbage). Large glass window in front bedroom and to cheap to add a roof vent. Rubber lp gas hoses underneath stretched so tight you can play music by strumming it. Bumper was so distorted (out of square) took an hour of tweaking to get sewer hose to fit inside it. Lots of places throughout that are not square that should be. I'm sure there will be others but this was all found the first day looking it over.
- John, West Virginia