Palomino

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Palomino RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

David from Iowa says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2016 Palomino Puma 31DBTS View Listings

unit should have been checked over better, way to many little thing, had to bring it back to the dealer 6 times the first year, now out of warrantee and we have bigger issues,,,,, MFG. blaming dealer,, dealer blaming MFG. bottem line i get the shaft....
- David, Iowa

2021-10-17 2018 Palomino Solaire Ultra Lite 205SS View Listings

Ug, I wish we didn't get this travel trailer. Other than it is easy to tow, the back window is cool, everything else was pretty bad, that is until we fixed the issues. I'll list what we had repaired under warranty. Back brick pattern over the stove needed to be adhered to the wall, the counter with the sink and stove was uneven, they leveled it, but not perfectly. Fresh water indicator kept coming disconnected. The black and grey were labeled wrong. Worked on the awning that kept rolling up unevenly and causing a lot of pressure issues on one side. What we fixed on our own thus far: We had to support the sink, it fell through and was held with pieces of plywood, now held with metal brackets. The TV is 24" you have to have binoculars in bed if you want to watch, but pulling it out and angling pulled the upper cabinets away from the wall, that has been repaired and resealed. Placement of the TV is horrible, constantly hitting our heads. We are looking into putting the TV in a more appropriate place, but may just leave it and learn to deal with it. Behind the couch and window (on the slideout) was a gaping drop used to store the heavy table, we made a nice lid to fit perfectly between the window and couch and now our dogs love it and are no longer afraid. Got rid of the ridiculous heavy table and now have light tv tables, nice little storage place as well for couch pillows and blankets. The storage under the bed came a part, pieces of frame literally broke in half, we had to replace the cheap wood frame and now it's sturdy. Still working on the live tv antenna, doesn't ever pick up anything and there is no crank to raise it so it can pick up air tv, not sure yet what that issue is, but working to resolve. When we sell this trailer whoever buys it will have a trailer that is not slapped together, but one where the owners took time to fix things that we should have never had to fix. Palamino can do better!!
- Joni Lovvorn, Texas

2021-10-09 2018 Palomino Puma 295BHSS View Listings

Palomino Puma has the worst customer support, the quality of the RV is sub standard to say the least. If you buy one of these I would STRONGLY recommend that you buy some sort of extended warranty because the dealers do not care and the manufacturer after several calls and voice mails never returned my calls... There was leaks on the windows, the plastic used for the vents on the roof disintegrated in the first year of ownership, the decals on the front cap faded with 1 one year... You walk on the roof and you can fell how cheap the structure below is. The strip that cover the screws on the side that hold the roof membrane also disintegrated 18 months after we got our.... I got mine at TravelCamp in Jacksonville Florida... Very nice people until you sign the papers and sign for it... After when you need support or repairs they are the worst... I am not the type of person that does this type of reviews but this whole experience of owning a PALOMINO PUMA was so bad that I had to write this to warm other people... Run from it.
- Roger Kratzh, Florida

2021-10-06 2019 Palomino Puma XLE Lite 22RBC View Listings

We love ours 2021. The only things we dislike about it was the flooring bubbled, wallpaper bubbles in 2 spots very minor and a week molding above the fridge. Other than that it is great. We have taken it out 15 time this summer. And i will be hunting in it. One more down side it more storage would be nice. Keeped us warm in a spring snow storm and cool in the hot summer.
- Corey Williams, Montana

2021-09-26 2021 Palomino Solaire 185X View Listings

Feedback on the window above the table and stool. The screen should be on the left side of the window. Because when u open the door without the screen. The door would cover the screen area. There are no breeze coming thru the screen because of that door. The screen should be on the left side so we can have some breeze thru the window and the door. Im disappointed abt that one. :-(
- Kendra, Massachusetts

2021-09-18 2019 Palomino Puma 32BHKS View Listings

Poorest quality ever, can’t believe it was made in the U.S. All parts must be foreign made. I actually pick this one from others because of obvious workmanship issues on the others. I had to modify my table so it wouldn’t hit the island unless it was in the bed position. Replace refrigerator fan twice, 2.5 years old and had three blowouts. Replace the kitchen faucet, other wouldn’t move left a to right without the whole base turning. Replaced the bypass valve to the freshwater tank. Plastic door frames warped preventing the doors to close. DVD player won’t make through most dvd’s without stopping.
- Dennis Simpson, Arkansas

2021-09-16 2015 Palomino Puma 32DBKS View Listings

The Puma 32dbks was an excellent family friendly camper, plenty of space for us to spend weeks on end in comfortably. Enough Storage to be used a a full time cabin. The durability and functionality was excellent for sleeping us and lots of friends and family!
- KStrong, Minnesota

2021-09-13 2019 Palomino Solaire 202RB View Listings

I love the floorplan of this RV. The quality is extremely poor and I'm very disappointed in it. This was purchased in 2019 brand new. Cost me about $30k. Every year I take it in for winterizing and every year I've had to have repairs done. All of which aren't covered by my extended warranty. My cabinet hinges keep breaking. The panelling keeps pulling apart as it's only attached with staples. The glass shower doors weren't siliconed when they were installed so the shower leaked water everywhere. I had to silicone around the doors. I also had to check the drain under the shower because of water leaking and it wasn't connected properly. Now this year the bed is falling apart. It looks like the framing was also put together with staples. This isn't covered under warranty either so I'm going to have to get some screws and rebuild my queen bed. Probably going to have to go thru the whole unit and make sure it's built properly. I've already had to replace the mattress as it was breaking down after only two years of sleeping on it. The previous RV's I've owned I also purchased brand new and I've never had these problems. Not sure if it's the manufacturer as this is my first experience with Forest River. But I won't be inclined to purchase another RV from them again. Very disappointed in the quality. I've also had problems with the seal on the toilet, the awning was falling off, those were covered under warranty. The fridge wouldn't run on electricity and after investigation when I took the outside access panel off I found it wasn't plugged into the outlet. The fridge is making a weird sound but nobody can find out a reason. If it craps out I hope it does it while I have the extended warranty. The roof vent snapped and fell off just with driving down the highway, never been off road with the RV. The microwave quits when defrosting. Still haven't figured out whats happening with that. I had a water leak the dealer couldn't find but they did have to do a leak test on the trailer and reseal the entire unit. That was under my extended warranty. I've realized my trailer is a $30k pos. Very disappointing.
- CAROL G, Alberta

2021-09-10 2021 Palomino Backpack Edition SS-1251 View Listings

I generally like the unit and am happy with. I feel 3 1/2 stars is my rating. I bought this in February 2021 and we have been on three trips with it so far. I pull a boat behind and remove the camper from the truck first thing when arriving at our camping location so I use the electric jacks a lot with no issues to date. I also place stabilizer bars under the nose of the camper. I have no leaks in the roof or anywhere else. I did add a roof mount single 100W solar panel and roof mount Dish Network Playmate satellite dish after purchase. It was already pre-wired for solar which was nice. We like the 3 way Dometic Fridge. The wet bath and on-demand hot water. My wife especially like the full inner spring queen sleeping area and its headroom. We did add a high quality topper to the mattress but it was okay as it was as well. The large amount of storage on each side of the bed is great. I do like the soft, portable storage bags in place of fixed cupboards. You can use what you want and take out what you don't. The poorer aspect is Forest River could have made a 3 1/2 star review 5 stars for just a few dollars more in quality. Just simple things that would cost them half of what it cost me to do. I drain my fresh water after trips. I have to unscrew and remove a cover over the water tank to do this each time. A way to drain this easily would be nice. The battery included with the camper was an unknown brand with low amp hours. I gave it away and bought a good group 27 battery to replace it. $100 The outside shower head was attached with a plastic tube which was kinked in three places before we ever touched it. I spent $20 at Ace Hardware to buy a decent sprayer head and hose. I had to re-glue one of the ceiling trim strips which fell out. Not a big deal but it's new. I do not care for the dining table as designed either. The storage under it is pointless. Although the overall amount of storage in the camper is impressive in a good way. The cutting board cover for the sink is warped already. When you drain the water some stays in the fawcett and drips on the board. I realize that now but did not before. Plastic in place of wood would have been a good swap here. I like the camper. Just a few little things would have taken this from decent to great.
- R Dailey, Colorado

2021-09-06 2014 Palomino Columbus 365RL View Listings

Proud owners of a 38 foot 5th Wheel. Purchased this baby new, and filled it with all the bells and whistles. What prompt me to write about my Columbus was one day this past summer, I was parked next to a Forest River River Stone Fifth Wheel. It is the luxury model although I considered the Columbus to be luxury too. My first encounter with our first excursion was to our annual trip to the Florida Keys. At our very first stop, the fridge was found open and stuff on the floor. The Dometic double wide fridge uses plastic door locks. Found that if you stuff a sponge between the locks, fixes this problem. The next problem was the string LED lights on the awning. Failed. Ordered some higher rated LED's tape string and fixed that. After a month in the Keys, retracted the auto levelers (electric jack screws) and one if the tires were flat. Learned real and quick how to change the flat tire. The spare is mounted under the trailer and was fairly easy to get too. But, the winch and tire holder will not hold the regular Columbus tire. I now know how heavy the trailer tire is since I had to pick it up and put in the bed of my truck. Headed over to Sanibel Florida knowing there was an RV place I could get the tire repaired. The RV place called the next day and said that the tire and wheel was OK. The air valve stem is metal and the nut that holds it on place was loose. That prompted me to check the other wheels and yes, they too were loose but not enough to allow the tires to loose air. Easy fix. Heading back home to PA. Stopped in Jacksonville, FL at Flamingo RV Park, one if the nicest parks in Florida. Notice uneven wear on the driver side rear wheel on the Columbus. Need to keep an eye in this. Once back home and the Columbus was in driveway, checked the tire again. The inner part of the tire was bald. Made an appointment with a local RV dealer and they said the the torque on that wheel bearing was loose. Had all the bearings checked, repacked. Confidant that shakedown problem was resolved. Since that first outing we have made repeated long trips up to 2020. Little problems like leaking water in the bedroom AC unit. Fixed. AC fan motor failed on bedroom AC unit. Fixed ( only after two previous fixes were attempted before the motor was replaced). Central vacuum system failed. Manufacture wanted to replace the entire system because the failed control PCB was our of stock. Being an electronic engineer, I fixed it myself. Been good since. The wear on the tire did not stop. Changed tires to Goodyear Edurance. No help. Swapped wheels with other positions thinking a wrapped wheel. NOT. Then on a return trip on I 295 around Richmond, VA. (which no one should ever take) the roughness of the road made the truck and trailer rock several times. When I stopped In DC for the night I notice my trim on the overhang holding the pin box was slightly seperated. I can fix that too, maybe. Lived with the tire problem and trim problem another a few years until the summer of 2020. The tire wear suddenly accelerated and I had to change and rotate tires on that position three times. Now I am worried. And two of my four auto levelers jackscrews either fell apart or siezed up. Worked my way through that and had a good vacation. Made an appointment to the original dealer we purchased our Columbus. To make a long story short, cracked frame sections in the overhang. Axle is damaged. Jack screws worn badly. All four. So I read up on the River Stone luxuary model by Forest River. Many of the same problems with no attention to detail was reported by many write ups. Columbus is still in the shop. Still don't know if the trailer can be repaired. New axle and Jackscrews required.... Oh, I almost forgot that our gray water tank developed a leaked and filled up the belly of the trailer which has insulation. Cleaned that up, but I could never drive the trailer with any water in the tank or accidentally over fill it. Told to live with it. Too expensive to replace. Love My Columbus. Perfect interior layout. Even with the interior wall paper cringing and most of the drawers falling apart with wood screws too short to work. Yep, fixed that too. Remember this name. Forest River.
- William Barrow, Pennsylvania

2021-08-13 2021 Palomino Backpack Edition SS-1240 View Listings

Roof leaks first trip after i buy it in April. MONTHS and many frustrating moments later it is still a giant headache. Actuator which lifts roof has failed. All of course under warranty. Then fight to get repairs authorized, hear all the excuses and brush offs. Neither issue is fixed. It’s august. If forest river is the only company selling rv’s I’m goin back to my tent.
- Richard weaver, South Dakota

2021-08-11 2021 Palomino Solaire 163X View Listings

Don't let the compact size fool you! We love how this fully loaded RV can even fit in our driveway when stored away, yet when in use, folds out and feels so spacious inside. The perks of having a real porcelain toilet, a good-sized shower, a large kitchen sink, and three-burner stove (instead of the usual two for this size) really make this feel like you aren't skimping on the comforts of home. The powerful AC unit and fan really keeps air moving so you can keep an optimal atmosphere. The fridge and freezer really surprised us with its large capacity. All in all, she's a gem. Even friends of ours with larger RVs were envious of the layout and modern style.
- Dustin Mulkey, California

2021-07-30 2020 Palomino Solaire 253RLS View Listings

Purchased new March 2021. Perfect couples camper. Have spent 45 nights in it as of July 24. We have been to Tennessee twice, Florida once and a local lake three times. Next trip is to Myrtle Beach for 2 weeks. My husband has upgraded the Leveling jack stabilizers, replaced the trifold couch with a Love seat duel electric recliner. Other than wishing it had more closet space and a ladder on the back it has been great so far. Plenty of room for 2 adults and 2 fur babies.
- Sonja Howell, West Virginia

2021-07-22 2021 Palomino Backpack Edition SS550 View Listings

Bought this in September of 2020, a month later it was in the shop for a gasket recall. In the spring when we tried opened it for our first use of the year, found one of the motor that raise the roof didn’t work. Tapped on it and it started working. Then we found out the roof leaks. Brought it back to dealer to find the leak, replace the lights full of water, replace the window that leaked, replace the motor that didn’t work. When we picked it up from the dealer, a second motor quit working, they replaced that. Last week brought it back to a different dealer because the canvas sides pulled out of the roof, can only assume the motors raise too high and pulled the canvas out. Got a call today, and a third motor doesn’t work so now they have to replace that one. POS LEMON
- John, Minnesota

2021-07-21 2014 Palomino Palomini View Listings

Sorry piece of shit if a camper. Leaked like a seive.. walls fell apart ..floors rotted out ..counters buckeled.. sub floor was not sealed and highway water rotted out bottom. Worst thing we ever purchased. .
- Bobby Raynor, North Carolina

2021-07-14 2019 Palomino Backpack Edition SS-550 View Listings

Purchased new in late spring of 2018. Installed on Gmc 2500 HD crew cab and left for Alaska for 5 weeks. Heater, AC, water tank and pump, all worked as they should. Fridge takes a while to get cold and seems to struggle a little on gas.Hot water heater was nice but hot water pressure seems low. Electric roof lift works as it should. Using manual Jack's to raise and lower camper was a pain, we later installed electric motors on jacks. Had a couple on pieces of trim come loose inside camper,but gorilla glue quickly solved that problem. Queen bed is comfortable, but do wish another step was built in to access it. Not able to access storage lockers along side of bed unless top is lifted on camper, sometimes a pain. Power vents work great for ventilation. We cut down the size of the rectangular tabletop so you could more easily sit at dinette. Extra board used to turn dinette into a bed is stored upside down under sear cushion. Had 1 leak in year 2 from seal around outside yellow porch light by doorway. Seal Had deteriorated. Cleaned and recaulked. Major issue has been yellow mold on and under seal where roof section lowers for traveling. A regular cleaning and treating of it has helped. We do wish air conditioner fan would only run when cooling and not all the time, and I do wish it was easier to change water-filter on system. Not much room under bench for wiring, water tank and pump, water filter, battery, etc. Going on year 3 with the camper and still having fun in it. We do have the folding steps. They are great when camper is on the truck, but cannot leave the tailgate on and use them. Also, they are a pain to use when camper is off of the truck and lowered down. We just use a good, solid milk crate as a step then. Also purchased a set of Stabil-Stiks to use when camper is off of the truck to help stop shaking and sway. Other than normal maintenance,no major issues. It has been a good camper that we continue to use.. I'm 66, my wife is 61.
- Levi Strause, Iowa

2021-07-13 2021 Palomino Puma 26RLS View Listings

Purchased a new Puma 26RLS. Had it 2 days. Noticed that there was a bubble in floor. Close examination showed floor cut and glued. Following that the floor began to loudly creak and eventually the floor seemed to have loose boards. We returned the camper. Thankfully got our money back. Very disappointed. Lost money on new tires and rims purchased for it as well as cancellation of insurance. Contacted manufacturer and they basically said so what. You got your money back. They made no apology nor compensation for my time, anguish and loss of money.
- Kathy K, North Carolina

2021-07-13 2021 Palomino Revolve EV4 View Listings

I bought an off grid camper because of the type of camping we do. It does not function or last as designed and advertised. My local dealer has been great trying to figure it out, but then gave me an engineer's phone number and I had to work on it on my own to try and correct. The information from Palomino was incorrect and I didn't realize, they originally advertised it with 74" bunks, but they are only 68" Even at a week old, my dealer and Palomino will not let me return, and I now have a camper 3/4 of my family doesn't fit it. my camper is at the dealer being repaired for the second time on stuff that shouldn't be an issue. My fridge wasn't even bolted in.
- Keith Grant, Massachusetts

2021-06-26 2021 Palomino Puma 22FKC View Listings

We absolutely love this brand and floor plan. We bought this one for weekend trips to the lake, but soon started traveling much longer trips. We pulled our little camper to over 25 states and around 20K miles, but decided we needed more room if we were going to travel that much. Otherwise, this is a perfect sized camper for a couple for weekends or short trips. We had one issue but PUMA really took care of us and we are serious PUMA fans. I highly recommend this camper if you are looking for a smaller camper with a good floorplan
- J Marsh, Georgia

2021-06-26 2017 Palomino Puma 32RBFQ View Listings

I love the outside kitchen,the bunks,and for the most part looks of the camper however the workman ship is horrible inside and out fixed way to much to list all I can say is don't waste your time buying this camper buy a jayco instead
- Rick Rommann, Iowa

2021-06-18 2017 Palomino Columbus 386FK View Listings

When I first received notification from RVT regarding a unit I was interested in, I foolishly thought they would connect me with a seller. After a few days of nothing I emailed again to Laurie at RVT assuring them I was a cash buyer very interested....after many more of these emails to RVT with no response I gave up. I suggest you do not waste any time with RVT as they do not offer a timely service.
- Charles D Fournier, Tennessee

2021-06-11 2018 Palomino Columbus Compass 298RLC View Listings

Worse rv we have had. Have been full time rv’ing for over 20 years, this is our 5th rv and the worse one. The design of interior is great and offers nice aesthetics but that’s where it stops. Since purchasing, starting from the very first day, we have had constant problems.....you name it, it has gone wrong. Leaks have been horrendous, not quite in it 3 years and still working on them, really concerned about what could be going on in areas we can’t see. We have had problems with everything....plumbing systems, sewer plumbing (still working on it), converter, trim, fresh water tank causing extreme bowing of floor and still trying to fix. Seems I wake up each morning to a new problem or continuation of an old one. Feel we definitely got a ‘lemon’ and definitely would not recommend its purchase. Not sure where the fault is........Forest River, Palomino, or Columbus..... but not a company to trust.
- Alice Hicks, Kansas

2021-05-25 2015 Palomino Columbus 320RS View Listings

Love the floor plan. The large shower is a huge plus for us. That is where the positives end. Landing gear problems three times the first year resulting in replacing everything except the legs themselves. The second year we had to have four of the six legs rebuilt as they were jammed or had broken their shear pins. The dealer was no help. The black tank coupler in the belly of the unit came loose and was dripping waste into the belly of the unit. They cut open the the belly to fix the leak and only taped the opening instead of a more permanent fix. The coupling worked loose again a year later so I took it to an RV repair shop instead of the dealer. The black tank valve does not seal tight and therefore you get a big surprise when you remove the waste cap to attach the hose. I have had a gate installed on the waste pipe so I don't get any more surprises. The third year The brakes worked loose and ruined the the backing plate. The second year I noticed a bulge in the fiberglass at the bottom right of the bedroom slide. Fought with the dealer to address the issue. It was finally addressed by sending the unit back to the factory to have it fixed. It turned out to be a broken frame and pressure on the exterior wall causing the bulge. The floor in the kitchen area in front of the sink and stove are soft and feel like they will give way. I had the dealer look to see if there was any water leak causing the issue. The dealer said nothing looks water damaged. Since I had issues with he dealer I then took the unit to an RV repair shop and he confirmed no water damage. It turns out, after research on line, this is a known issue. (https://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f96/palomino-columbus-320-soft-floor-124438.html) The dealer will not address the issue and Forest River/Palomino will not return my calls on this. The third year again I inspected the roof half way through the season. There were several cracks in the bathroom skylight around the screws that fasten it to the roof and up into the skylight dome. The dealer said the warranty was expired and the extended warranty would not cover it. Two of the dual day/night roll up shades quit rolling up and are not useable. The two largest windows. The replacements are $235 and $275. This unit has been the biggest piece of crap I have ever purchased! I will never buy another Forest River product!
- Dennis Johnson, Minnesota

2021-05-12 2013 Palomino Sabre 33RETS View Listings

We purchased new when relocating from Texas. Did have a couple issues with slide wiring and shower but were fixed by dealer immediately. Otherwise no issues we could not fix over time. Its been a great towing camper with our 3/4 Diesel Ram. Shower is a very good size as well as storage being at a premium. We have loved it..
- RENEE DUNCAN, Alabama

2021-05-05 2020 Palomino Puma 257RESS View Listings

The craftsmanship is horrible. The pluming lines are very cheap and every line has busted within the past yr. and we have had to replace all seals. The glass stove top exploded causing burns ! “Manufacturers error” I was told. The large plastic piece over wheels has cracked and broken . The rubber seal is cracked outside and is falling off The wallpaper covering walls and cabinets has bubbled and peeling and this Rv is only a yr old. I am just so suprised that things are so cheaply made. I can’t sell this Rv without fixing these cosmetic things. IN HINDSIGHT I WOULD NEVER PURCHASE ANOTHER PUMA
- Glenda Draper, Tennessee