Palomino Reviews on RV Insider (202)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Palomino RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

David from Iowa says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2016 Palomino Puma 31DBTS View Listings

unit should have been checked over better, way to many little thing, had to bring it back to the dealer 6 times the first year, now out of warrantee and we have bigger issues,,,,, MFG. blaming dealer,, dealer blaming MFG. bottem line i get the shaft....
- David, Iowa

2021-02-18 2013 Palomino Sabre 32BHOK-6 View Listings

I’ve owned this RV since new. My walkthrough discovered the shower wouldn’t drain, the bedroom slide was crooked, the bedroom mirror doors were off their tracks, and one of the outside storage doors was falling out of its opening because the hole was too large. All fixed by the dealer. A month after, the DVD/stereo quit, the ceiling fan made noises like an airplane, and another door opening started to cause problems... all fixed by the dealer. Since then the only problems have been the kitchen faucet failed (I installed a quality residential one) and the converter quit working (I replaced it). So, as RV’s go (this was my fifth one), this one has been quite good. It is too bad that the RV industry isn’t as quality conscious as the automobile industry, but overall, we’ve had years of enjoyment. The most important thing, in my opinion, is the dealer you buy it from because no RV is 100% off the lot. Oh yes: The outside kitchen is amazing!
- NeilM, Alberta

2021-02-11 2019 Palomino Solaire 316RLTS View Listings

I live in my RV full time One adult only Since day one of October 2019 Have had major issues Would I buy this brand again No !The factory person has been very helpful and addressed the issues Had major leaks from the roof,water heater,an bathtub first week .The oven never worked part needed replaced The fireplace heater stopped working a week after moving in The water faucet in kitchen trickled had to be replaced Wash machine shakes the RV beyond reason Placing a 30lb weight on top of dryer helps Bought weatherized that's a joke !!Underside is enclosed In winter will run two ceramic heaters The furnace have used twice Seems to work but uses too much propane Outside storage door the lock never worked If shut tight need a wrench to open Now the the storage under the bed the frame will not stay up The floor has bubbles where it is lifting .And the trim work around doors walls is coming off The fan above the stove worked for a week than stopped Really has not been a good experience Must say the factory person was more than helpful an has reimbursed me for the cost
- Patsy, Washington

2021-02-04 2021 Palomino Puma 20RLC View Listings

We read the reviews and decided to go look at this one in Atlanta anyway and that turned out to be a good decision. The dealer makes a difference! We chose this unit over many others because it was dual axle, had huge refrigerator and sink, a real bath tub, an electric awning and jack, and sleeping quarters on opposite end from living quarters, with a sleeper sofa and a banquette to eat. Bonus items were a real oven, built in medicine cabinet, stove vent to outside, privacy curtain to bedroom, burner stove with glass cover for ease of food prep, solar panel plug, a great TV antenna, WiFi hook ups and a motion detector in the bathroom for nights .The outside has built in leveling bubbles and manual crank stabilizer feet. It also has a walkable roof (18 year warranty) and fixed ladder. At 20 ft. (We didn’t want to pull more than 20’.) it has everything on our list. We’re amazed at the thought put into this design. We pulled it to NC and spent the night in below freezing temperatures. We had throw rugs on the floors which helped because floors were a little cold, but heater works well. (This unit can come with an extra underbelly cover if you need it.) For the next trip, since we are camping in 20F weather, we will line the walls and floor of the outside storage compartment (to insulate) with rubber backed carpet, as it is directly under the bedroom. So far the only improvement/change we need. Norman Campers was the dealer and we waited two weeks to get this from their family owned lot. They were backed up because they take two days to check all the systems in every single trailer before they send it out. From the reviews I read, I would say the other dealers were not up to this high standard. When we have had it longer, we will update on systems. We are purchasing a cover for short and long term storage.
- Maureen Turner, South Carolina

2021-02-01 2018 Palomino Backpack Edition HS-2901 View Listings

My husband and I purchased a 2018 Forest Pines, Palomino truck camper. It was a new camper we bought in 2019. When my husband went to pick up the camper, he noticed some RV antifreeze on the floor. When asking what it was from, he was told they must have spilled some when winterizing it. My husband brought it home and filled it with water. After about an hour he checked it only to find water covering the floor and dripping outside. We cleaned it up and dried it out. We were given a new water tank since the attachment was cracked. We were told the camper was supposed to come with a one year manufacturers warranty. We took it camping one season. After three times camping, we felt the soft spots in the floor. We have tried to contact Forest Pines and Palomino immediately and it’s now February 2021 and we are still trying to get it fixed. We’re paying for it but can’t use it. Palomino hasn’t returned a phone call or message yet. We are extremely dissatisfied customers. We will never buy from this company again and we do not recommend it to anyone. Terrible customer service.
- Laura Sneller, Wisconsin

2021-01-09 2018 Palomino Columbus 320RS View Listings

Bought new in 2018. Have had many issues. Some easy to take care of, other require getting out the major tools for a weekend repair. All taken care of by myself because of the bad experiences with dealers response. Some want you to pay and they also bill the factory. That is true. Latest issues are keeping the unit level. Must relevel every other day and yes I use pads under jacks. Now try to believe this. We lost warm air flow to our front bedroom and bathroom. Temps in 50’s. After opening up the basement rear wall and exposing the air ducts for everything, what a mess, I found the correct duct and when I tried to move it it felt like it was full of debris of some kind. I disconnected the upper end and WOW it was completely full of water. Water in a heating duct????? About 6-8 qts of debris filled water. Well that solved my issue with the heating. About 90 minutes of twisting, turning and getting bloody scratches. This is not made up.
- Shannon Stepp, Minnesota

2021-01-04 2011 Palomino Puma 29F View Listings

This has been a great camper for us. It sleeps 4 people with no problem. It can sleep more but we don't like to use the kitchen table for a bed. It has a queen bed and a twin bed above the queen. The couch folds out to sleep one person really well and 2 if you want to sleep 2. We sleep better in this camper then we do at home. It is very livable. It's easy to tow and everything works. Has a tub / shower with an upgraded shower head. Sink area. Lots of storage and an oven and microwave. We just had several things added or improved: 4 new tires, New electric awning and a new awning Electric jack All new day / night blinds just installed Clean and ready to go down the road. Can pull this camper with a SUV or small truck. You won't be disappointed.
- cyndi thiel, Ohio

2020-12-31 2019 Palomino Columbus 1492 View Listings

I had the rv back to Hitch rv on three different occasions for a window leaking. It was never fixed properly and now that the warranty is up Hitch is saying their no longer responsible for the damage the leak caused. I would recommend never buying a Forest River rv, and especially never buy an rv from Hitch.
- William DeGroff, New Jersey

2020-12-29 2016 Palomino Backpack Edition 550 View Listings

Our Palomino was great one week into our trip. Exactly seven days after we started travelling I noticed that the mattress was getting mouldy. Out closet and clothes storage is under the bed, and by bed I mean a simple ply wood surface where the mattress lays. That doesn’t allow any air circulation and we now have to lift the mattress and hold it with a stick every day, let aside taking it out in the sun and spray it with products for mould. The lifting mechanism for the bed (and closet underneath it) broke one week in. The awning pole broke after the slightest wind. And finally the easy charging ports (alligator chargers outside) for solar panels broke. Very disappointing this RV. Rubbish
- Liza, Arkansas

2020-12-18 2021 Palomino Puma 39DBT View Listings

The quality is very poor my trimming falling apart my door frame for washer and dryer coming off. door won't close if you looking for destination trailer do a good search see reviews first before buying a junk. For the money i paid i am very disappointed on what i got this's my first trailer and now i understand what i got to look for next time. I got this one back in August and i am thinking in selling it to get something much better for the money.
- Arnaldo Torres, Florida

2020-12-01 2021 Palomino Puma 32RBFQ View Listings

My wife and I began shopping for campers...had a great sales person from gander camping.. Heard lots of bad things but I myself being retired mechanic and restore boats for a living found the camper to be of great quality...I looked at the door hinges, the walls and paneling, as I am a handyman I found the puma to be built well, definately worth my 35 grand!! Wide floor plan with lots of room, very pretty camper!
- Jim C, Ohio

2020-11-16 2015 Palomino Columbus 365RL View Listings

Our experience has been very good. This 5th wheel is built very well. I have had 1 or 2 minor problems, but with a quick phone call I was able to resolve them myself. This floor plan is very liveable for 2 and it is quite comfortable, especially with the recliners directly across from the large flat screen TV. Yes, I would recommend this brand. Thank You
- Robert Nelson, Oklahoma

2020-11-11 2018 Palomino Puma 25FBS View Listings

Love the 5th wheel..very classy looking ..tons of cupboard space ...everything is very comfortable for 2 older adults...the inside and outside look like new after 2.5 years ...well built ...will purchase a puma again
- Lesa kazlauskas, Michigan

2020-11-06 2020 Palomino Backpack Edition HS-8801 View Listings

Although I have been unable to use this unit it is very light for the amount of space provided. Quality of workmanship is top notch. Will work well on any modern 3/4 ton pickup on up. Solar panels provide ample dry camping time.
- Donald Ausmus, Texas

2020-11-05 2020 Palomino Puma 257RESS View Listings

Great experience with salesman at the Dealership - no problems so far so I have no idea what to expect since I bought the trailer a long way from home. Hopefully, since this is my first ever trailer, I will have a long, happy relationship with "Ms. Kitty" - so far I am happy, happy, happy!
- Sharon, Texas

2020-10-25 2020 Palomino SolAire Ultra Lite 249RBS View Listings

I bought this Trailer because I loved the floor plan and the tank sizes, but found out that the quality control and workmanship are terrible. I had the back wall in the bathbroom seperating from the cabinets as well as the wall by the refridgerator. The service department fixed it under warenty which was great. My first trip the shower leaked all over the bathroom because the drain wasn't tightened. It looked fine until you stood in the basin and seen a small gap which water ran out of. There were plenty of small things that need fixed through out as well. I was getting hot in the summer and cold in the fall and couldn't seem to figure out why. The front window radiates hot as well as cold terribly, wish I had a insulating pillow to put in there. I had taken off the shroud around the window to see why it was so cold. There was no insulation in the nose of the trailer. There was a little bit of Reflectix that didn't even cover a quarter of it, it was just fiberglass shell and thin paneling. I am having to run the heater a lot which burns through propane quickly. I am very unhappy with this trailer and if I had a chance to start over I'd go with a different one. Would not recommend this to anyone and if this is the quality of Forest River products I wouls suggest going with a different company all together.
- DarRick Pennington, Idaho

2020-10-22 2019 Palomino Puma 25RKSS View Listings

First time out the outdoor speakers blew out with just low volume on the radio. The carbon monoxide detector goes off when the water heater ignites. The electric jacks blow the fuses nearly every time we lower them. We had the dealer fix the trim inside around the doors, but now it's curling up again. The shower pan has a ten inch long crack in it, after only a half dozen uses. The toilet leaked the first time out. The outer trim around the screw channels is peeling off. The DVD player stopped working the fourth time we went camping. We bought this trailer brand new, to replace a 20 year old one that had much less wrong with it than this. We've been getting the run around from the dealer, I suppose if they stall long enough the warranty will expire. We'll never buy another Forest River product again and we are forewarning people: Be wary of ANY new trailers manufactured in the last 5 years. Our dealings with other Forest River owners who have had nothing but problems with their new Forest Rivers has shown us that most of these "budget" trailers (I don't see how $30,000.00 is considered a "budget" trailer) are hastily built, sometimes not even cleaned or completed when they reach the dealership and most have nothing but hassles when dealing with dealers. We are in the works with a "Lemon Law" attorney, but it is a long slow process and we still are paying $250 a month for a trailer we can't use. We're not party-hardy kids, we're in our 50s and wanted something to travel around the country with, we've had this junker out less than a dozen times and less than 300 miles on it and already the trailer is falling apart like a 30 year old one with thousands of miles on it. Never Forest River, Ever Again.
- John Ross, Nevada

2020-10-16 2019 Palomino Puma 26FKDS View Listings

Bought this POS in August 2019. In 14 months it has been in the shop almost half the time. Problems range from power converter to EVERYTHING ELECTRICAL, a gap in the roof, hot water heater issues, stereo, window seals, broken cabinet doors. This is my 4th camper in 24 years and the absolute WORST PIECE OF CRAP of all 4. I WILL NEVER, EVER BUY ANOTHER Forest River product for the rest of my LIFE. Bret Sharp
- Bret Sharp, Arkansas

2020-10-13 2020 Palomino Puma 28BHSS View Listings

I bought this trailer October 2019 after our first trailer was flooded due to a cracked skylight. First thing to go was the wall panels turning yellow. It took me 6 months for Forest River to get it and rebuild it from the original frame up. 52 days later I had to have a new roof put on it. Then the pantry flooded. Now I call Forest River this morning to let them know the ceiling is soaked and wet. My warranty guy advises me that he's been instructed by his boss not to have any conversations or correspondence with me. So what's the problem here. He only says, please don't put me in that position and hung up on me. Please, if you are looking to buy an RV do not buy any Forest River products. Today I have found a different RV to purchase. And I will be no longer dealing with Forest River.
- Robert Allen, Michigan

2020-10-03 2016 Palomino Backpack Edition Soft Side SS-1251 View Listings

Screens have deterriated causing rips through out screen, cupboards not anchored to ceiling properly, click lock on drawers do not work causing drawers to open when traveling After 1 yr warranty you are on your own. On a positive note very convenient for parking and queen size bed is a plus.
- Pauline Ryan, Ontario

2020-09-27 2019 Palomino Puma XLE Lite 30DBSC View Listings

Notice to new trailer buyers. #forestriverrv #forestriver We bought a brand new, Forest River, Palomino PUMA, model 30-DBSC, travel trailer in Sept of 2018. Just 2 years ago. I would be very careful about purchasing from this manufacturer again. Today we we were going to clean the roof. Jay got up there and noticed both of the roof vents have cracks in them. He went to one, brushed his hand over it, and the plastic crumbled under his fingers. It is super brittle. The whole thing. It's not like we are in Arizona in super hot sun. We are in Washington state. I can see this happening maybe 15 years after purchase but 2? It is quite obvious that the plastic used on the vents is not UV resistant. We have also had problems with the trim around our slide out coming off when we pull out the slide out. We have also had problems with the door handles coming out when we use the doors. The wallpaper is bubbling on the wall in the kitchen. Don't buy a Puma.
- Jay Schober, Washington

2020-09-25 2019 Palomino Puma XLE Lite 27RBQC View Listings

We purchased this Camper one week ago today! Had a major tire blow out on the way home. Sat on the side of the road for an hour waiting for help. Once we made it home we went to set it up and open the slide only to find out the battery was completely dead. Today we load everything to head out for our first camping weekend only to have the brakes lock up and catch fire. My husband had to put the fire out with the extinguisher that is before the fire department arrived!! The camper is a 2019 but we are the first time owners. I pray all the issues get worked out very soon and we did not make the wrong decision with this purchase. Oh and we can't get the dealership to respond to my messages or texts. :)
- Lynn Jacques, Alabama

2020-09-17 2018 Palomino Columbus 38FK View Listings

Absolutely the worst quality of craftsmanship. Floor does not have enough nails or screws, the floor is soft and lifting everywhere, the electrical has had so many shorts taking out a few plugs at a time. Window covering frames are in square, some are up to an inch off. Surround sound that came with unit is junk. The convection/ microwave lasted 2 months, probably because of electrical. Water leaks under sink and bathroom, their has been so many things wrong it sucks how bad this 5th wheel is. Warranty is worthless. Buy a different camping trailer , forest river is pure junk.
- Victor, New Mexico

2020-09-16 2018 Palomino Columbus Compass 377MBC View Listings

Current owner for 2 years and big fan of these trailers. Well made with lots of essential features. Roomy with lots of internal storage. More than enough heating and AC to be comfortable. Having the electric fireplace allows you to use the campground's electric to heat instead of your own propane. Plumbing and waste systems are simple and easy to use. Annual winterization was simple. Electrical system has provided no issues. Mostly LED lighting inside. Slides move easily in and out. Awning is great with full power including LED lighting. These come with G-Rated tires, so they are not the China Bombs you get on the smaller trailers. Tows easily and tracks perfectly. I had a gooseneck ball in my truck already so I swapped out the fifth wheel hitch and installed a Goosebox. Very nice ride and easy to hitch and unhitch. Very large and comfortable shower. Ceramic toilet for easy cleaning. I wish the bathroom sink was a bit bigger, but they are all that small. Very large closet (full width) in Master so plenty of clothing room. Additional wardrobe in Bunk house is nide sized. The master's mattress is a Sealy Destinations which is a really fantastic mattress with a memory foam pillow-top. Best I've ever felt in a trailer. Didn't use the washer/dryer prep so can't speak to that, but that provided another whole closet. Massive under master bed storage for less used items. Ours has been fully waterproof for our full ownership. No water leaks that we know of. Fabric of chairs and sofas not showing signs of wear yet. Residential fridge is huge at 20 cu ft. We never come close to filling it. Nice double bowl sink with removable covers to give you even more working space in kitchen. Doesn't have dishwasher prep, but honestly don't see the need as we quickly wash after each meal. Maxxair fan in kitchen is easy to use and works well to provide fresh air and remove humidity. Hydraulic auto-leveling system is great. Push a button, trailer lifts off hitch. Push another, trailer auto levels. Push another trailer raises back up ready to hitch back up. Push one last button and trailer retracts all levelers. Pretty slick operation. Very stable on 6 levelers. I do carry a simple single jack stand to put under rear bumper...and that stops virtually all the remaining shakes. Don't need those between wheel chocks or even a fifth wheel tripod. Solar prep is included, but we never used it. Wired for Satellite as well as Cable hookup. Really love the StepAbove entry steps. Very wide and stable. At about 12,500 lbs empty, it's average for a 42' fifth wheel, I pulled with a 2500 RAM with a diesel and stayed under limits and had plenty of power when needed. Has a large pass-thru storage area and the front storage holds a lot too if you don't have the generator option (which we do not). Lots of outdoor lighting. Honestly have had no issues with the trailer other than some trim that needed better attachment when we first got it, and fixing that was part of the pre-purchase inspection. We did add slide toppers which are great to reduce heat on the slides in the summer as well as keeping them clean for quick and easy departures. Also upgraded to Disc brakes. The original drums were fine, but I wanted the extra safety the disc provided both for quick stops as well as no-fading on steep downhills. All-in-all, we've had a very good experience with our Compass and would buy another Columbus readily.
- Brian Heck, Ohio

2020-09-07 2021 Palomino Puma 32RBFQ View Listings

Owned this RV for 3 weeks and it has no issues. Everything works. Fit and finish was good. Nice layout. Can use the back bunkhouse area as an office. Like the light color interior. Like the power stabilizers.
- Pauldleonard, Michigan