Palomino RVs Reviews (136)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Palomino RVs Reviews and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of these RVs.

David from Iowa says:

Have you owned any Palomino RVs? Write a review

Voted Most Helpful Review 2016 Palomino Puma 31DBTS View Listings

unit should have been checked over better, way to many little thing, had to bring it back to the dealer 6 times the first year, now out of warrantee and we have bigger issues,,,,, MFG. blaming dealer,, dealer blaming MFG. bottem line i get the shaft....
- David, Iowa

2019-10-11 2011 Palomino Bronco 1500 View Listings

This a fun camper, it can go any where on a 4x4. With all your needs taken care of. Luv it. The heater works great, and the fridge can hold enough food for a week. The wife luvs the potty and out side shower for our lab.
- Greg.hunger@yahoo.com, Colorado

2019-10-02 2017 Palomino Puma 31BHSS View Listings

This unit has provide my family of 6 a great weekend get away for the past 3.5 years. Very comfortable and spacious. Lots of storage and wonderful layout and amenities.The outdoor kitchen and separate door for the bathroom was essential for a busy family with 4 children.
- Heather Solomon, Michigan

2019-09-29 1991 Palomino Filly Filly View Listings

Back in 1992 purchased a brand new Palomino Filly pop up camper. Enjoyed for 6 years with the kids and family. We took very good care of this thing. After our last trip in 1998 we dried it out before closing it like we always do. In 2000 when I went to open it the whole canvas had disintegrated from mold. Water had some how gotten into this poorly manufactured garbage of a camper. After ripping out the useless canvas discovered all the wood in the rear left side floor to the upper shell had rotted away to a soft sponge. My thought was in two years of being closed it couldn't have rotted as bad as it did, but it did. Some how water had leaked or wicked from around the shell or possibly the poorly installed molding that surrounds all the seams of the aluminum covering. Since 2000 kept the camper in the garage hoping to repair it some day. Whined the clock forward to September 2019, decided to take the old camper out of storage to convert into a utility trailer. I went to YouTube to get an idea how various people were converting their camper trailers to a utility trailer? My first two videos, guess which camper people were converting because of water leak and rotted wood issues, yep, you guessed it right, a Palomino product. Looks like I wasn't the only unfortunate soul to experience Palomino Camper Water Rot Syndrome (PCWRS). While taking the Palomino apart discovered more wood rot along the whole front side of the top shell and more rot in the front side from the top shell all the way down to the cooler located on the lower right side of the entry way. On top of all this when I wend to serviced the wheel hubs discovered the big hub Castle nut washer was missing. This is the big washer that suppose to be installed between the big spindle Castle nut and the front bearing. So on top of Palomino giving you a cheap camper at a premium price they put you in an unsafe condition when going down the road. Hope this review was hopeful in deciding if your next camper will be a PCWRS.
- Pat, Virginia

2019-09-26 2020 Palomino Backpack Edition HS-750 View Listings

The quality and workmanship on this camper is terrible. I wish I would have been more thorough and looked more closely at the fit and finish before purchasing this. Forest River/Palomino should be ashamed of themselves. The fold down bed fell completely off the first time we tried to use it, the screws were stripped out in the wood. The wiring is like a rats nest and extra wire balled up everywhere in the battery/fuse panel/water tank compartment, no organization at all. The battery shut off didn't work, they had a wire looping the circuit effectively bypassing the switch and the fuse. There were water leaks at the water heater and the fill for the storage tank. The storage tank is loose- nothing holding it down and it slides into the back of the fuse box/charger. The kitchen faucet drips constantly when the pump is on. The toilet is loose and it sits crooked because it hits the black tank vent pipe that was installed in the wrong location. The bathroom caulking was caulked right over top of dirt and shavings from manufacturing. The water heater worked intermittently, the fuse was incorrectly inserted and was arcing inside the fuse box. There is trim missing below the bathroom. The left front jack bracket was not installed plumb and the jack was at an angle under the camper causing the camper to "buckle" or twist in that direction when it was up on the jacks as if it wanted to break the jack. The air conditioner was only cooling for a few minutes then wouldn't cool, I found the temperature sensor installed in the cold air outlet instead of the inlet. The roof membrane has bubbles and wrinkles. You can feel hard objects under the bubbles, dirt or wood chunks maybe little pebbles? The wrinkles are around the roof vents, the membrane is not attached around them. We found random pieces of trim cutoffs inside the camper. The camper was full of sawdust and shavings. This is all the manufacturers poor quality control. Next is the dealer, which was for the most part decent other than they installed a 7 ft awning where an 8.5 ft awning should have been. I think they ran out of, or didn't have the proper size. I have verified with other HS750 owners that 8.5 is what fits. Also I they charged me $1400 for the 7ft awning which I found out the 8.5ft is only $800. I will never buy Forest River or Palomino again. Hopefully there will be a class action lawsuit. I am willing to bet the majority of Forest River campers have the same quality issue. I am going to tell every person i know and every fellow camper I meet from now on, and I have all the photo documentation to show as well.
- R C , New York

2019-09-25 2013 Palomino Sabre 32RCTS View Listings

You can take all the creature comforts of home on the road. Large, open floorplan with 9' ceilings (yes, 9 feet!) feels spacious and luxurious. All wood cabinets and finishing is top notch. Loads of storage inside and out. Entertainment system lets you bring your music and movies with you. Enormous motorized canopy lets you sit outside and enjoy nature just footsteps from you home on the road.
- Chris Lemme, New Mexico

2019-09-24 2017 Palomino Columbus 383FB View Listings

Towing the 5th Wheel with a Dodge Ram 3500 with dualies, we used the 5th Wheel one time to travel from Jacksonville, FL to San Diego, CA; Las Vegas, NV; Utah; Denver, CO; Colorado Springs, CO; and back to Jacksonville. We had a blow out in New Mexico and the emergency assistance plan provided by Forest River was very responsive. This unit is like being at home. Very comfortable.
- Hazel Johnson, Florida

2019-09-19 2018 Palomino Columbus Compass 298RLC View Listings

Great trailer. We have now had for two years. Stay in unit 80+ nights per year. To date issues have been latch on shower door and converter. Both covered under the Columbus 2 year warranty with no issues. This is our secound rv. Quite pleased with both build quality and factory support.
- Dennis , Colorado

2019-09-14 2018 Palomino Columbus 383FB View Listings

We have owned several RVs and this one has been great and by far the best one yet. It tows exceptionally well since it's a 5th wheel and has the special tongue you barely know it's back there. With 4 slides it's very roomy, comfortable, and easy living for extended vacations. We love the half bath in the main cabin as well as the double sinks in the master bath.The full size fridge is also a plus and very convenient to stock up for long trips. The panty in kitchen, walk in closet, central vac and finally the on board washer and dryer takes this coach to the next level. It's truly the complete vacation package.
- fowlman, Delaware

2019-09-11 2015 Palomino Columbus 320RS View Listings

We are wrapping up our 6th summer in this RV. We loved the floorplan when we first bought it and still do. The problems we had over the years were minor and did not stop us from using it. Our first outing, the a/c units did not cool well, refrigerator doors came open during travel and rear self leveling jacks kept running out of stroke before leveling. Dealer said nothing wrong but did replace fridge latches (didn't work). We solved all problems--found large chunks of styrofoam in a/c vents; sealed refrigerator doors by placing a short stiff rubber tube between doors to keep them shut while traveling; found we had to lower front end jacks close to ground after removing unit from truck and then hit level button. All works great now. We have had problems with drawers on both sides of fireplace and below fridge falling out while traveling. Solved by slipping a yard stick down thru the handles of the three drawers on each side of fireplace and crisscrossing bungy cords across face of fireplace; blocked the lower fridge cabinet with an ice chest we carry in which we store bottled water. After 35,000 towing miles and a combined 18 months of full-time summer living, we came close to replacing this trailer this 2019 summer with another "high end luxury" unit but found none that had all the same features (especially storage and closet space) as our Columbus. Plus the models we were considering all had some horrible reviews in terms of quality control and service. So we are saving $50-$80K after trade-in by keeping this one to spend what we hope will be several more summers in, avoiding the heat at home in Las Vegas. None of these 5th wheels are perfect. Recognize you need to get to know your unit and many problems can be worked around without the agony of fighting with dealers and probably waiting months for repairs that may do nothing to solve the problems.
- Ken Schmitz, Nevada

2019-09-07 2016 Palomino Palomini 180FB View Listings

Over all like the trailer but over time I have had to work out a lot of issues. The quality control and skill or the people who build them are pretty bad. Lately I am working on a leak in the front caused by a piece of trim that is suppose to keep out water that does the opposite, it traps water into the trailer! It was incorrectly installed and has the wrong size butyl tape. It was collecting water and pushing it into the trailer floor. The tires were underrated for trailer weight, the axle too, I had a slide out motor fail. The Axle bearing were not properly lubed and more. I feel over time I have improved this rv. It is better to buy a used one that someone else has worked out the issues.
- carl martin, District of Columbia

2019-09-05 2012 Palomino Columbus 320RS View Listings

Very good condition, bigger than what I am looking for. Inside was in excellent condition and very well taken care of,clean! Nice floor plan as well ,moveable island is a great option, didn’t look as if it has been used much at all. I have looked at some that appear to be never cleaned ,this was definitely not the case , just a little bit more camper than I can use .
- Steve Novelli , Pennsylvania

2019-08-28 2016 Palomino Columbus Compass 320RSC View Listings

This Coach is absolutely gorgeous, user friendly and well made. They didn't skimp on the quality of their materials or craftsmanship. It's comfortable in the cold, hot and warm climates. I can't say enough about this coach. You will not be disappointed.
- Scott Meyer, Indiana

2019-08-10 2019 Palomino Backpack Edition SS1240 View Listings

Camper has a comfortable north/south queen bed above cab, fairly easy to get up to loft. Layout is good with refrigerator in the middle but the dinette table raise on the floor is extended to hallway area and easy to stub toes on the raised floor. Owned the RV 1 day and flooded the camper as the water line under the sink was not crimped tight and hose let loose when I turned on the water pump. Tried the stove and 1 burner worked and the other blew a flame from under the burner, scaring when I went to grab the fire extinguisher and there was no extinguisher installed. Rear taillight has moisture in lens and dealership said that it was not sealed in factory so need to order a new taillight. Checked the cabinets and found broken supports because of knots in the wood that weakened supports and also some supports had staples miss the joints so very poor cabinet work. Have rebuilt cabinets and used glue and pocket holes for strength and the dinette table raised floor I shortened alittle over an inch so it don't extend near the hallway. Will continue to improve the craftsmanship on my own to improve the quality and lifetime of camper as it is a nice small footprint at a good price.
- John Hedeen, South Dakota

2019-08-08 2015 Palomino Palomini 142CK View Listings

Bought this unit less than one year old. It is now 5 years and holding up fairly well. The Microwave blew early on, and some minor assembly issues, but over all a solid unit. Tows smoothly and all appliances still work. The only major issue now is the diamond plate at the front has detached at the bottom of the trailer. Apparently, due to lack of sealing, it popped out and has some minor floor rot at the front. I have re attached and sealed with roofing roll sealant. Somewhat annoying considering the premium price for the trailer.
- Chris D, Ontario

2019-08-04 2012 Palomino Columbus 320RS View Listings

Nice floor plan, plenty of room to move around. Kitchen has move around island which is very convenient. Very comfortable seating,electric fireplace is perfect for chilly days. Nice size shower . Plenty of room in bedroom to move around,dress, whatever. Overall a well done setup.
- Andy , Pennsylvania

2019-07-18 2019 Palomino Solaire 202RB View Listings

This review is more a reflection of lack of quality control (QC) at Palomino manufacturing than personal acceptance of the 202RB. I made this purchase due to the fact my wife was not happy trying to rustic camp with a Palomino truck camper (no bathroom), no storage space. I drove 3400 miles to purchase the 202RB, after arriving home, I inspected the unit to see how well it traveled the 1700 miles home. The model I have uses 2 propane manifolds (made of aluminum, not brass). The first manifold is a Tee near the front of the unit and the 2nd manifold is a 4 outlet located near the axles. Both manifolds were detached from the frame. Corrosion and very poor installation resulted in the self tapping screws shearing off. It will take me a few days to correct this problem. The "fantastic" vent/fan in the bathroom had no speed control. That was an easy fix, it was wired wrong. That's a clear lack of QC at Palomino manufacturing. The fan is noisy regardless of speed selected. The Grey/Black water drain pipes were loose. That was a relatively easy fixed, I added a couple of steel straps attached to the frame. The Furrion solar connection (and wiring) are designed to support a "suitcase, integrated controller" purchase. The wiring is not designed to support the installation of a 3rd party solar system. I wanted to install a larger MPPT solar controller to utilize larger solar panels connected in series and an inverter. I'll use a weather proof box to house the MPPT controller and connect it directly to the batteries externally. The factory supplied a "foam" mattress that was very hard, I swapped it out for a Sealy foam mattress. In doing so I noticed the 1/2" plywood under the mattress did not fully support to the edges of the mattress. I'll have to purchase a full sheet of plywood and cut to size (with rounded hardwood edges) to fully support the mattress. Note: the same condition existed for the factory mattress. The kitchen faucet is nice but using the 12 volt pump results in very low water flow. When I turned on the AC, significant amounts of Styrofoam beads exited the vents, looked like it was snowing. That makes me wonder how well the vented ducts are designed, clearly not designed with actual vent conduit. The unit does not have a "master" 12V switch to completely disconnect the batteries. So make sure you disconnect the batteries if you decide to do some wiring improvements. The Furrion "entertainment" unit remains powered (its lights remain illuminated) even when turned off. The tires are 14", made in China. I will be purchasing new 15" rims so I can mount LT (light truck) tires. Search Youtube for RV trailer tire blow outs, its a serious problem. That's a vendor/design issue, not a manufacturing QC issue. On the positive side, the cabinets remained fully intact, no doors came loose, no lights (LED) fell off the ceiling, and my wife loves the full bathroom (it has a porcelain toilet). There are a few other nice little upgrades, it has extended rain gutters, nice folding aluminum steps, LED tail/running lights and a fair amount of storage space. The axles are Torflex suspension. I camp early spring and late fall in the northern White mountains of AZ, I'm not sure this 202RB will survive non-paved roads. I will definitely consider a GEO PRO by next year. Towing this 202RB reduced my F350 diesel MPGs from 13.8 to 10.3, that's a serious increase in fuel cost.
- D Mill, Arizona

2019-07-18 2014 Palomino Puma 30RKSS View Listings

We like our camper but had to deal with some issues. We are on our 5th Dometic A/C unit in 5 years. Vinyl peeling off of table cushions, chairs, and trim. Cracks and leaks in skylights, made real cheap. Not sure if I would recommend this RV to a family or friend.
- timdetiveaux@hotmail.com, Louisiana

2019-07-13 2014 Palomino Columbus 320RS View Listings

We purchased our Columbus in October 2014, at the time we did not realize the amount of work we would have to have completed prior to use. Our trailer spent 8 of the first 12 months in the shop being repaired. When it was repaired we had to return numerous times as it was not repaired properly. This is the list of repairs, could not even enjoy the trailer for the first year. Hole on slide out weld by door Door does not shut properly Blind in bedroom towards front slides down by itself Heater casing bent not installed properly Bracket for Ac not installed properly Curtain in living room installed crooked Holes in bedroom wall on Karl's side Curtain hook broken on Karl's side Front of shower pan leaks that holds the glass doors (rail) Plug in - in bathroom crooked not installed properly Kitchen sink door does not shut Fenders are cracking and breaking by screws Brake system on trailer locking up Slide in for living room scratching the floor Refrigerator not working on LP gas Fenders are cracking Gas makes funny noise when going into trailer Leveling system board broken
- Karl Lester, Washington

2019-07-09 2019 Palomino Backpack Edition SS500 View Listings

There are many things to like about the Palomino SS500 camper: 1. An absolutely fantastic bed. It's a full Queen-sized north-south bed that is every bit as comfortable as my bed at home. The camper comes with a remarkably comfortable mattress. 2. A well-designed, basic lay-out. 3. The camper is specifically designed for the Toyota Tacoma and similarly sized trucks. My Tacoma handles the camper very well. 4. Price. The SS500 comes with most of the things a person would want as standard equipment. There is little doubt that a Four Wheel camper is a superior product, but to outfit a Four Wheel camper with the things that come standard with a Palomino SS500 camper (stove, fridge, water heater, furnace) would nearly double the cost of the SS500. Before I bought my Palomino SS500 about Thanksgiving of 2018, I researched various options and read reviews. One of the common comments about Palomino campers was a lack of quality control in the past. However, most recent owners said that quality control has dramatically improved in recent years. However, my experience doesn't bear this out. Here are some of the problems I've experienced in the 7 months I've owned the camper: 1. Split corner pieces on the corners of the top portion of the camper, allowing water to enter, even when parked (as a previous reviewer has mentioned). 2. The cheapest possible battery. I've already had to replace it. 3. Completely inadequate stop on the fridge door to prevent it from opening while underway. I should add, however, that this is more a problem of the Dometic fridge in the camper rather than of the camper itself. 4. Leaky water connections under the sink. 5. The battery cover and ventilation hose was attached with only a single screw in place. The other four or five screws were simply missing and the cover wasn't properly seated. 5. Weather-proofing generally. I've used my camper only three times, but the strip on the upper section of the camper, the piece that seals the camper when it is closed, has come completely loose on one side. It looks like it was held in place with an utterly inadequate amount and/or type of adhesive. I had the dealer deal with problem number one (above) with very little if any improvement. Because taking the camper, which is under warranty, to the dealer requires a 140-mile round trip through heavy urban traffic, it's turned out to be easier to simply deal with the problems myself. I like the camper, but the manufacturer has definitely NOT resolved the quality control issues as of late 2018. And it's a shame because they are making and selling a great little camper. If they would provide good or even just adequate quality control, their camper would have an excellent reputation and be in high demand. I would have eagerly paid an extra $100-$200 for an adequate battery and some semblance of quality control.
- Jim Harris, Utah

2019-07-08 2018 Palomino Puma Unleashed 351THSS View Listings

I have a new 2018 Puma Unleashed 5th wheel trailer. If I would have known then, for what I know now, I would have never bought this piece of junk. 3 inch air gap that open into the living area. The main power wire coming from the battery going to the power control center, running the wire between 100 gal water tank and cross brace. (fire waiting to happen) lots of junk in the belly pan. The GFCI plug ins in the living area are NOT GFCI protected. Why would you have a 100 gallon water tank and only a 35 gallon grey water tank? Sound bar didn't work, the way they installed it was to run screws randomly into the body of the radio. Fuel station didn't work, took to dealer, there fix was a JOKE. and then they blamed it on the factory. After the 2nd time out, a valve under the sink started to leak. that was 26 dollars out of my pocket to fix, I do not trust the dealer. I could go on and on, but I think I've me my point. I would have not found most of this, except that I put 1200 watts of solar panels on the roof and a 3000 watt inverter in it.
- Pat White, Washington

2019-06-25 2016 Palomino Puma 253-FBS View Listings

We bought our camper 2 yrs ago have had a lot of problems with water heater found out igniter board is bad. Thought buying so new would not have problems. Not so. Our front of camper paint is turning grey. Looks awful, should have stuck with white.
- Kathy Johnson, Minnesota

2019-06-20 2015 Palomino Columbus 295RL View Listings

Loved this unit. We lived in it through two winter seasons in the Keys and used it for camping through the summer. The only reason we sold it was because of health issues. Quality throughout and a great floorplan.
- Kathie Pontious, Michigan

2019-06-16 2019 Palomino Puma 37PFL View Listings

We spend a lot of time in the trailer. Lots of room. Trailer is heavy and susceptible to wind The 9” step height is tough on us with bad knees and back problems Disappointed in the Linoleum floor covering it Marks and tears easily. The floor is soft gives when walked across. The Magic Chef microwave has been replaced 4 times and going to have to replace it again. Ceiling fan been replaced 2 times and making noise Window had to be resealed, Poor insulation AC in front will not keep it cool moldings and door frame had to be reattached Veneer on wood rubbing off Dealer doing the repair work no questions asked just multiple trips to bring it in Even with the problems we’ve enjoyed the trailer lots of room very comfortable comfortable they called it a destinations trailer love the homestyle refrigerator and stove
- Tommy Davis , Texas

2019-06-11 2018 Palomino Columbus 377MBC View Listings

This is an absolutely beautiful and excellent functioning, well laid out fifth wheel! Feels huge inside! We love the Mid Bunk Layout. The Kitchen is very nice with a big island and full size refrigerator.
- Josh Haering, Florida