Part of Letter, I sent to CEO of Camping World.
I wanted to let you know that we went camping for 1 night and close to home and when we got to the camp site we found our outside kitchen has sunk in the compartment. I have a pretty good tolerance level but this broken it. I can not believe that everyone puts up with something breaking or falling apart every trip.
New problems to add...
1) can not open 1 cabinet at the bottom of kitchen area
2) can not open microwave
3) back wood panel cracked
4) refrigerator is leaning
5) tv speaker wire is broken on back to exterior tv
6) side step is binding (it is bent due to scraping on the road, I was told that the unit does not have the proper clearance from ground) per AOT.
7) toilet plugged twice. stuff gets caught in the tube to tank.
8) Awning fiasco waiting for new complete unit, Defective? Advised by my insurance agent the carefree has a replacement unit due to all the broken units.
Insurance agent advised to attempt warrantee replacement. $1400, plus labor waiting for parts and labor costs. Agent advised to make sure I get the updated kit for the Awning. They know the problems.
9) Wifi Sky Ranger 4 does not work. worked 2 hours and quit.
10) stair treads are torn and unglued in entrance way
11) the rubber molding between the drivers area and unit was not glued. I put some glue on it so it would not get damaged, or someone tripping on it.
12) The windows still bind when to crank them out, they touch when open.
I am totally frustrated at this point. The RV since I picked it up has less that 2000 miles on it and 960 of it has been bringing it to your shop.
The first night we brought it home and opened the Slider, a large piece of molding flew off almost hitting my wife. My son used velcro to put it back in place till the shop could glue it.
Here are some pictures of it.
I am a retired Police Officer, Firefighter, Paramedic, and US Army National Guard Vet, I bought this for our family to spend time traveling and having fun. So Far it's a Nightmare. My wife and I were going to travel the country for a month or 2, but now we do not trust the unit.
Right now the unit is in the shop for another week, they have to rebuild the entire outside kitchen. They stated that several of the problems maybe delayed for up to a month due to parts shortage.
I have to rate this unit as overall....
1-poor quality of materials
3-poor quality control, many of the problems should never had left the factory. (AWNING DEFECT)
Just traveling almost 200 mile round trip to the shop to get nothing fixed is expensive in gas and time to have someone take off time to give me a ride home and to the Campers World Shop in NH.