Dynamax

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Dynamax RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

J. King from New York says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2015 Dynamax DX3 37RB View Listings

The DX3 line are built on Freightliner M-2 HDT (Heavy Duty Truck) cab chassis. These Class 7 HDTs are rated at 33,000 pounds GVWR. They have a TRUE tow capacity of 20,000 pounds! When you check some RVs, the "rated" tow capacity cannot be achieved because of a restriction on tongue weight. You don't have that problem with a DX3. Air suspension along with professional air seats make for a smooth ride. You're sitting up high (like a professional trucker) and, have a GREAT view of the road. A three camera system makes it easy to see what's going on on both sides of the coach and in the rear. With the engine up front, future service costs will be less than on diesel pushers. The 37RB floor plan features a bath and a half. I LOVE the fact that, on the two slides, nothing important moves. The residential refrigerator, washer / dryer, sink, toilets, shower, stovetop etc stay put. Propane, water supply and drain lines do NOT have to move. In many RVs, this is not the case. Another feature I love, is that with the two slides fully retracted, I can still walk from the front cab all the way back to the bedroom. I have full use of the three door fridge, the stovetop and the mid-ship toilet. I can sleep in the king size bed too. You can't do any of this on many other RVs unless you open the slides. Drawbacks: Super C Class motorhomes tend to have a lot of coach extending past the rear axle. The DX3-37RB has about 13' aft of the rear axle. You need to keep that in mind when making turns (I got used to it quickly). Dynamax installs two engine batteries and two house batteries. The residential fridge, when running off the inverter, will deplete the house batteries in 24 hours so, you need to be either 1:plugged int shore power, 2: running the generator or 3: running the diesel engine. I replaced the two 12V house batteries with SIX 6V batteries and, now have four times the amp hours! The next time I'm in the southwest, I'll look into having solar panels installed. Although there is a lot of storage space inside and outside, there is no pass though storage (although there is a spot near the back where I think I can fabricate a rack to effect 6'+ of storage for a long item). Bottom line: The DX3 models are built on a heavy duty commercial truck. These trucks are built for trucker use and, truckers expect HDTs to be capable of delivering over 1,000,000 miles of service. IF I live to be 300, I might wear it out.
- J. King, New York

2021-06-16 2016 Dynamax Isata 3 24FWM View Listings

Our Dynamx was absolutely for our family great in size. It is a lot of fun and better than knew. Drives easy, great gas mileage and easy to set up and down. We had more complementary remarks by 80 percent. Do not take me wrong with Jim their we are in training mode or better be
- Jeff, New York

2021-06-04 2017 Dynamax Isata 3 24RWM View Listings

Bought it used in 2019. Neither myself nor the prior owner have had any problems. I’ve read other reviews and some issues sound like they didn’t winterize properly which caused Truma to fail. If you register your Truma, they will give you a 2 year warranty. All of the fit/finish/stereo issues should be noted and fixed by the dealer. So, ensure you get a full walk through and ensure that absolutely everything works correctly. If it doesn’t, get it fixed before delivery or get it in writing that they will fix it. We love the storage space in f the RW.
- Kim, Oklahoma

2021-02-14 2016 Dynamax Isata 3 24FW View Listings

i seen 2016 isata 3 in gainville fl. trying to get in touch with the owners.i would like to start negotiations with them. i have tried to get in touch the only response i get is its still for sale.please help
- michael doyle, Louisiana

2020-12-24 2016 Dynamax DX3 37BH View Listings

this RV was bought used and needed some tender loving care. It took someone like me to bring in up to near excellent condition. this RV has served us well but after having a stroke a few months ago at 72 years old it is time to sell my dream machine. Who ever buys this coach will not be surprised by any problems as they are not there.
- tom edelman, New York

2020-12-19 2019 Dynamax Isata 4 31DS View Listings

The Dynamax Isata 4 is a spacious RV with higher quality finishes and appliances. The slide-out make the floor plan and space livability more ideal. Sleeps 7/8 very comfortably when based on family with children. Drives very smooth and has plenty of storage space.
- Brenda Isaza, Florida

2020-11-27 2021 Dynamax Force 34KD View Listings

So I will start this is a huge jump from our previous motor home a 2014 Fleetwood Storm which is absolute 100% junk. The Dynamax freightliner chassis is awesome plenty of power, drives nice its quiet and doesn't rattle and shake its solid. I actually enjoy driving it. So when we did our walk through we had a few items we caught needed attention bed slide was crooked a tear in the rubber step a missing knob asked to have these fixed and please go through and check all the systems so when we picked up the motorhome on Thursday these items were fixed we were trying things out and waterheater and stove lights were not working they pulled back to shop and were back quickly saying it was a loose wire. So off we went 80 mile drive to storage. Saturday we went and brought it home to load it I was putting slides out and while doing the bedroom popout it started making noises of self destruction ended up pushing slide in and packing up to take back 80 miles to the dealer dropped it off on Sunday I will say they jumped on it and had it repaired by Wednesday so we could still do our trip. The slide uses a cable system and it had pulled loose from the body because they put everything together on RVs with drill point screws not bolts anyway fixed for now. Arrived at daughters home popped out and set up we noticed one of out shades didn't work would not stay down the lower track to the barn door was not attached at all and water heater seemed erratic. We noticed when we turned off the aisle lighting the water heater and the stove went off as well pulled out my voltmeter and pulled all the drawers and started going through wires i located a pair of wires with constant 12 volts with nothing connected to them moved the wires from water heater and stove and now working correctly.I am happy all the wires use Wago fasteners so moving and testing are easy I am disappointed that a $230000.00 motorhome appears to have had absolutely zero quality control or follow through on basic checks. A friend of mine who is an RV repair tech had said they had started calling these covid coaches as the lack of quality control and craftsmanship is particularly bad due to the covid virus this appears to be true and I will continue this review as we encounter and go through issues with our motorhome.
- Craig Price, California

2020-10-15 2019 Dynamax Isata 3 24FW View Listings

Outstanding motorhome, Dynamax luxury and extras are priceless. Excellent fuel mileage, great ride, and comfortable seating throughout. First appearance of small was quickly changed to wow..love this RV.
- K Wright, Ohio

2020-10-14 2018 Dynamax Isata 3 24FWM View Listings

Like: 1. Solar panels (need more) 2. 1000 watt inverter (need more) 3. Tankless water heater (finally got the switch to work properly). 4. Flooring Don't Like: 1. Very poor workmanship. 2. Camera cover fell off due to poor installation. 3. Furnace broke during installation. 4. Shower door/curtain off track at bottom. 5. TV mounted on fixed mount (I changed for swing out). 6. Had to engineer my own way to keep drawers closed. 7. Front end should have been realigned due to the heavy load. Wore out tire quickly. 8. Flip up counter slopes and not level with the main counter. 9. Tore my pants on metal trim around the entry steps. 10. Wipers worn out due to years taken to build camper on MB Sprinter. 11. Had to bend latches on storage bins to secure doors. 12. Wiring bundled up and hidden under chassis. 13. No real diagrams for anything except for individual product literature. 14. Split bed. Put a 4" gel mattress on it. 15. Roof leaks occasionally. Can't find it. 16. Rear wheels are recessed too much, makes vehicle unstable. 17. Drives and sounds like a banging U-Haul truck. 18. Needs real oven instead of convection oven.
- Fred Molenhour, Illinois

2020-10-07 2016 Dynamax Isata 3 24FW View Listings

Love to drive this Sprinter. Great gas mileage, seating is very comfortable, this was a step up from our Tioga Sprinter which had a climb over bed and a tiny-tiny shower. This one has stablizers, no Oven, a plus (which I never used on all my rvs). Large slide makes a small, compact rv turn into a huge comfortable rv.
- Stacy Dunn, Florida

2020-09-04 2018 Dynamax Isata 3 24FWM View Listings

After owning 10 different R V in my life this R V is the worst by far with service, and (warranty), My first shower was after 18000 KM Faulty on demand water heater. Sewer hose does not fit in sewer storage pipe ,Too long, propane outlet not bolted to frame , towel hanging in sink ,too low,one T V and microwave never worked,sewer pull lines too long,cant pull to open.Push out keeps dying when pushing out.the GPS has everything but what a camper really neads, Took me 20000 km to find campgrounds, The GPS in this unit is a piece of shxx, Unit never was cleaned under pushout ledge, wire ,insulating pieces dust chips etc.I have to say they installed good quality produces. but very poor workmanship and no quality control. Forest River warranty almost useless Dealer was almost the same, still waiting for information on inverter from dealer manager. I fixed all factory screwups. as dealer is 2600 miles away
- dale lehman, British Columbia

2020-08-07 2018 Dynamax Isata 4 25FW View Listings

One of the most comfortable and easiest RV's to drive and plenty of storage. Designed with lots of extra details like extra lighting, remotes for vents and A/C and furnace, side-open outdoor storage doors, touch screen with bluetooth command center and cedar closets that you only get in the large and expensive buses. This one is small enough to go to any national or state park but the slide makes it very roomy while you are parked. Can reach bathroom and kitchen with the slide in while traveling. All high end options at a good price. Excellent customer service provided by Dynamax. Would buy it again.
- Kathleen ORourke, Florida

2020-08-04 2006 Dynamax DynaQuest 302SL View Listings

Its a wonderful RV. With the freightliner chassis its a dream to drive just like driving my F150. Very easy to service the hood flips forward. Love having the twin beds so I can take a friend and do not have to sleep in the same bed. The coach comes with 2 swivel rocking, lounge chairs and we also have the queen airbed couch that you can put in place of the lounge chairs if you have grandkids you want to take. Its only 30 feet long so you can that this coach anyplace! 5.5 diesel generator with low hours, microwave/confection oven for easy cooking. Tons of storage. Air driver and passenger seats. Heat and AC. 2 flat screen TVs. 12 miles to the gallon in normal driving. Tows like a dream, cannot even feel the tow vehicle. Tons of horsepower!! You will love this coach. Only selling because we bought a second home in Arizona!
- CD McGowan, Idaho

2020-07-29 2021 Dynamax Isata 3 View Listings

Just purchased one of these RV's and all I can say is what a piece of $120K garbage. I don't know how companies get away with churning out expensive vehicles and coaches without making sure everything works on it. So far, the vehicle has spent more time in Service than in use. Don't believe the false advertising by Forest River either. They claim in their promo videos that the Inverter allows you to run the appliances in the coach along with the other electrical devices. THIS IS NOT TRUE! Basically, you can run the lights and a phone charger. What good is a frickin inverter if you can't run a microwave, coffee maker, etc???? This is only one example of poor design in these expensive coaches. The TV's are not wired properly, it came without the control panel, was delivered with a bad battery in the chassis, refrig door handle is broken, storage compartment locks don't work, and the privacy shades were not included and apparently can't be obtained through FR. These are just some of the examples of the crap I have dealt with in just 6 wks of owning a brand new vehicle. Buyer Beware!!!
- Dave Castro, Idaho

2020-07-22 2019 Dynamax Isata 3 24FWM View Listings

Great unit. Power, features, A/C, floor plan space, storage. They drive and look great. Theater reclining seat is the best I’ve ever experienced in and RV, and at home. Full body paint and graphics, solar panels, and ease of use. Trauma instant hot water is awesome.
- Larry Aiell, North Carolina

2020-07-15 2020 Dynamax Isata 3 24FWM View Listings

James Buchanan when we purchased ours, previous Class A and TT owners. We researched. Top dealer in So. Calif. Bought, 1st week in storage major Hydraulic leaked. Repaired..out 2 weeks. Get it back, 2nd Hydraulic leak. Goes back in another 2 weeks. Take out ONCE for shake down..no generator. Won't turn over..no microwave..zip. GOES back to Dealer. Three weeks later, back to storage. Have RV pad built..bring home. Slide wint work. BACK to dealer..who by the way is 3 hrs away. Get it back. Plan Mothers Day outing with Grandkids. Checking all functions. Water pump won't work. Go thrrw steps again..Truma AquaGo water heater has water pouring out of it on the exterior..not dripping..POURING. shut everything down. Try to find problem. Contacted Dynamax..Factory warranty expires 6/23/20. Tells to bring to a closer dealer that honors warranty. Been there 2 months as of July 20. Tested, found defect in Truma AquaGo that in turn damaged water pump and lines. They are trying, without response from Forest River, under orig Factory Warranty..to pull Truma and replace, plus water pump entire system. Plus paint damage from leaks to flawless exterior paint and moisture check to interior. They can not get response from Forest River!. Meanwhile, We have had to cancel all vacations, are making payments on something WE DO not have in our posession. And have NO Idea WHEN! IM LIT
- Patricia McKenna Ryan, California

2020-07-10 2020 Dynamax Isata 3 24FWM View Listings

I spent $150,000 for this motorhome, I was told it was a 2020 model when I went to register it the sprinter chassis was actually a 2018. The coach was a 2020. i’ve had nothing but problems from day one. The shower drain lines under the shower pan came unhooked, it was not glued .all of the shower water would run out under the shower onto the floor and leak out into the bathroom. The first shower the curtain end that slides in the track broke, the railing that holds the shower curtain rod pulled out of the ceiling,The charging system for the batteries . I had immediate problems with, when I finally got it into the dealer they said the converter never was wired up. It’s like it’s partially complete, apparently had no inspections to verify these items actually got completed. And they didn’t. No rearview mirror on the window shield, The privacy curtains at the windshield area pull out of the tracks .the dealer would not correct it stating it was an aftermarket , it came with the coach, 2020 - 18 coach. now the AC will not work on 110 electric, only works when the generator is on. The service Dealers is the worst I’ve ever seen , and I’ve owned a lot of RVs. There’s absolutely no reason anyone should ever buy The Dynamax Isata (3 )24Foot . this name you will have nothing but problems.The Mercedes sprinter chassis seems to be OK at the moment but it’s only got 6000 miles on it.
- Howard Scott Geyer, Arizona

2020-06-25 2017 Dynamax Isata 3 24CB View Listings

I have a late 2017 with some 2018 features. The price/quality is a good value. The full body paint is best in the industry. I have had no problems since I purchased new. The Mercedes 3.0 diesel is so much better than the V10, which I previously owned.
- Dennis Kula, Michigan

2020-06-06 2016 Dynamax Rev 24TB View Listings

General layout was pretty good, liked the ease with which the front seats rotated. Had good radio, tv, sound setup. Twin beds were nice. Adequate inside storage. Good galley area. Bathroom was small, plus the sink was very unhandy and the toilet was a carbeurator model that didn't work very good ( it seems that it doesn't matter the model , they all ,don't' work the same.) Outside storage was adequate except hard to get into, small doors, example unable to get a small bbq through the door and then, compartment not deep enough. The dodge chassis give adequate mileage, but was not real steady on the road because chassis is too short for that motorhome with single wheels on the rear. The front wheel drive would spin wheels if not careful because of light front end. Another little problem that bothered me was, when driving there was no space for the driver to stretch out your left leg (fender right into drivers area. On our particular unit we had several malfunctions - some windows leaked, hot water tank malfunction, ceiling had to be replaced (probably from water damage before we got it (new). Other small things. Dealer was very little help at all but the Company in Indiana was very good to make a settlement before I traded it. A lot of things that we did like about this home but overall not a good home because of chassis being unstable and drivers lack of room and not very usefull outside storage. One bonus, it had a super good awning setup. If the same home was on a Ford transit chassis it would be much better, but of course there are still the other problems. In summary, Dynamax company was good for service, dealer was not so good, with a different chassis and some renovations in design it could have been a good home.
- R. J. Hawley, Ontario

2020-05-30 2017 Dynamax DX3 37RB View Listings

This Dynamax DX3 is an awesome coach. The ride, the comfort, the quality and the Dynamax people to invlude the GM are very approchable and supportive to the Dynamax Owners and family. The floorplan is great. The extra half bath is so handy. The spacious livingroom and kitchen are very comfortable. We owners of Dynamax products enjoy our coaches.
- Chuck, South Carolina

2020-04-13 2017 Dynamax Isata 3 24FW View Listings

First we love the look, the 100% paint without decals. Easy to drive for myself and wife. The V6 Diesel is very strong and set the cruise and hill do not slow it! Inside with one long slide is very roomy. We wanted two recliners, with the TV off to the slight left is easy to view. I am 6ft 3” so the 50 by 80 inch Queen size bed is comfortable!
- Gerry Griep, Colorado

2020-03-28 2019 Dynamax Isata 5 30FW View Listings

This RV is fun to drive. It handles like a big car and is very comfortable to drive. It is not so big that it is hard to park (it almost parks itself)but is big enough to feel like you are at home. The build quality is second to none and the paint is a thing of beauty.
- Rob, Florida

2020-03-09 2017 Dynamax Isata 5 36DSD View Listings

This Motorhome has the room and the power to get the job done from the RAM 5500 6.7L Cummins Turbo Charged engine. The smoothness of the ride is unbelievable in a Motorhome. This Motorhome is more home like than anything we have owned. The bedroom has a king size bed, the shower is more than adequate and the kitchen has plenty of countertops and cabinets. With 2 slide outs you have room enough to have you own space when camping. The home sized refrigerator will hold all you would ever need to carry at one time. Outside there is plenty of storage. We continuously get between 9 and 10 mile to the gallon wearing a heavy shoe at time and towing up to 10000 lbs is a big bonus. The quality has been good with just minor repairs to the obvious things you see in a new motorhome. We are very happy with this unit.
- Stephen A. Rentz, Texas

2020-03-07 2016 Dynamax DX3 37BH View Listings

My wife and I have been RVing for years. We are now registered as seniors. The joys of travel we have loved immensely by crisscrossing the US. many times from Western NY to the desert of Southeast Ca. This RV has been our home on the road for ~ six months of the year. Summers "GUS" sits by Keuka lake in NY while we entertain friends and family. The RV has had some problems along the way but we have taken care of each as soon as encountered.I would say this RV in very good condition and ready to go anywhere. It drives great and has very good road manners. Tom
- tom edelman, New York

2019-12-07 2018 Dynamax Isata 3 24RWM View Listings

This RV has numerous things that make it outstanding. The single most thing I liked is the outstanding quality that is built into it. Any RV that you buy will have a few small things that are missed at the factory, but after those are fixed by the warranty and dealer service and the oach continues to operate flawlessly into the future. Of course the owner must maintain it as recommended. But I have driven over 30000 miles in 2 years of flawless service. Another thing I especially liked ws the fuel mileage double what a gas engine d coach got, 14 -19 mpg. Well setup for 2 persons to enjoy also.
- Morris Pickel, Alaska