Dynamax RVs Reviews (48)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Dynamax RVs Reviews and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of these RVs.

J. King from New York says:

Have you owned any Dynamax RVs? Write a review

Voted Most Helpful Review 2015 Dynamax DX3 37RB View Listings

The DX3 line are built on Freightliner M-2 HDT (Heavy Duty Truck) cab chassis. These Class 7 HDTs are rated at 33,000 pounds GVWR. They have a TRUE tow capacity of 20,000 pounds! When you check some RVs, the "rated" tow capacity cannot be achieved because of a restriction on tongue weight. You don't have that problem with a DX3. Air suspension along with professional air seats make for a smooth ride. You're sitting up high (like a professional trucker) and, have a GREAT view of the road. A three camera system makes it easy to see what's going on on both sides of the coach and in the rear. With the engine up front, future service costs will be less than on diesel pushers. The 37RB floor plan features a bath and a half. I LOVE the fact that, on the two slides, nothing important moves. The residential refrigerator, washer / dryer, sink, toilets, shower, stovetop etc stay put. Propane, water supply and drain lines do NOT have to move. In many RVs, this is not the case. Another feature I love, is that with the two slides fully retracted, I can still walk from the front cab all the way back to the bedroom. I have full use of the three door fridge, the stovetop and the mid-ship toilet. I can sleep in the king size bed too. You can't do any of this on many other RVs unless you open the slides. Drawbacks: Super C Class motorhomes tend to have a lot of coach extending past the rear axle. The DX3-37RB has about 13' aft of the rear axle. You need to keep that in mind when making turns (I got used to it quickly). Dynamax installs two engine batteries and two house batteries. The residential fridge, when running off the inverter, will deplete the house batteries in 24 hours so, you need to be either 1:plugged int shore power, 2: running the generator or 3: running the diesel engine. I replaced the two 12V house batteries with SIX 6V batteries and, now have four times the amp hours! The next time I'm in the southwest, I'll look into having solar panels installed. Although there is a lot of storage space inside and outside, there is no pass though storage (although there is a spot near the back where I think I can fabricate a rack to effect 6'+ of storage for a long item). Bottom line: The DX3 models are built on a heavy duty commercial truck. These trucks are built for trucker use and, truckers expect HDTs to be capable of delivering over 1,000,000 miles of service. IF I live to be 300, I might wear it out.
- J. King, New York

2019-12-07 2018 Dynamax Isata 3 24RWM View Listings

This RV has numerous things that make it outstanding. The single most thing I liked is the outstanding quality that is built into it. Any RV that you buy will have a few small things that are missed at the factory, but after those are fixed by the warranty and dealer service and the oach continues to operate flawlessly into the future. Of course the owner must maintain it as recommended. But I have driven over 30000 miles in 2 years of flawless service. Another thing I especially liked ws the fuel mileage double what a gas engine d coach got, 14 -19 mpg. Well setup for 2 persons to enjoy also.
- Morris Pickel, Alaska

2019-10-16 2018 Dynamax Isata 5 36DS View Listings

We picked up new 2018 Isata 5, in April. We planned to stay close to home and the dealer the first year because we knew there would be some issues with the motor home. All in all, our first year was pretty good. We had a leak at the shower base, eating area screens not fit securely, eating area shade not installed correctly, soft close drawers not working well, plus some cosmetic fixes needed. However, one major problem existed. The Wineguard satellite system was miswired by factory. The bedroom tv would not communicate with front tv as is it supposed to do. We were not able to use DTV on front tv for the season.Rear tv worked fine. Since we are weekend campers, these items were manageable for the first year understanding full well that the 2 yr warranty would handle them. The real test is the dealership that handles the fixes, ours turned out to have a change in technicians and repair quality suffered. Not mfg fault, except for tv problem. Dynamax was always there to help out and did manage to rectify the tv problem. This year we had some new issues, cracked front leveler(the rod broke through the foot pad. Fortunately we were able to find a substitute foot pad at a local service center, so our 2nd season was not interrupted by by down time. Good stuff; Ram 5500 is a dream. Coach handles like a big SUV according to husband. For 73 yr old newbies, this means a lot. Things I love; macerating toilet, sewer line flush, wall mounted tablet, instant hot water, king sized bed, Onan generator, residential refrigerator, convection/microwave oven, well insulated, very quiet. We know mechanical things can break, especially with road vibration. You’ve got to be realistic, adaptable, and keep a sense of humor when RVing. Oh yes, be sure to be handy and get an extended warranty. We love our Isata 5.
- Susan Hardin, New York

2019-08-06 2019 Dynamax Isata 5 30FW View Listings

This RV is awful!!! Brand new and we've had nothing but trouble. Both slide outs broke on second outing. Levelers broke on 3rd outing. We had a minnie winnie for 15 years and it was super reliable. Don't a Dynamax!! They suck.
- sabsinor, Oregon

2019-08-05 2019 Dynamax Isata 5 30FW View Listings

We have had problems since day one. After 2 days the bed spread was pulling apart. When we arrived home with our new motor home we found a leak that after pulling out all of the drawers was a loose hose going to the ice maker. It was only finger fight. Many screws missing and screws that hold covers over heater vents stripped out. The window frame over the head of the bed was broken and they had tried to fix it with silicone. We were having slide problems. When ever we tried to open it the board over the water storage would come loose and bind up the slide. The slide was not adjusted correctly. Our dealing with the factory warranty was very unsatisfactory. The dealer we took it to tried to call them and they never returned their call. After 3 days we called and finally called us back. It took another four days to get it fixed. Most of the windows are crooked and the screens don’t fit. My opinion the price of this home is over priced .it is not the quality we were expecting.i would never purchase another one.
- Monty evans, Wyoming

2019-08-03 2016 Dynamax DX3 37BH View Listings

This is one of the best built, high quality, great options units I have tested and owned. It is easy to drive, and towing is easy without any effort from the powerful engine. Inside, the finishes from cabinetry to flooring to electronics are quality. The beds are comfortable and space is ample for 7 sleepers, no problem. The exterior storage is huge. There is enough space for all your needs. The exterior TV is fun to sit outside and enjoy the weather while watching a game on TV via the included satellite.
- Marco Lopez, Arizona

2019-07-29 2014 Dynamax DX3 37BHHD View Listings

This motor home handles really well, tows even better, and was able to handle our family of 5 on a twenty seven day trip covering 5300 miles like a dream. We were able to put enough food in the fridge and freezer to last the entire trip. Everyone has enough space not to get irritated with anyone. Highly recommend it.
- Alan, Texas

2019-06-28 2019 Dynamax Isata 5 30FW View Listings

For the price the quality is not there. We have found some things broken. Had a water leak right after purchased. Found a hole in vinyl flooring. I just don’t think quality is there. There are places where the screws weren’t put in and we had to do it. Some of the screws are stripped out. We feel like they took too many shortcuts with quality
- Sherry evans, Wyoming

2019-06-13 2006 Dynamax Isata 280 View Listings

Have really enjoyed this RV. Is Just the right size for a couple. Pulled a Jeep Liberty behind it. Best pulling vehicle I've had. The Air ride gives this vehicle a smooth ride. The wind sensor awning is great, you don't have to worry about puting the awning in every time to leave. When traveling and you want to stop at a shopping mall it is easy to park, just take two parking spaces and it fits right in. we are selling only because of illness and our traeling days are over.
- Charles Pike, North Carolina

2019-05-04 2018 Dynamax Isata 4 31DS View Listings

I bought this coach after I sold my Class A Pusher. I needed something to travel to Pa to visit my mother in a nursing home. I made several trips during the fall. It handled the mountains well pulling my tow vehicle. The layout does very well for a couple of people. Hot water does great giving you continuous hot water. The coach has solar panels on the roof if you wanted to do dry camping. It has 3 tv’s and and in motion satellite, also has a antenna if you wanted to watch local stations. Dynamax has been very good about warranty work. Only had to replace tail lights because they were fogging up.
- Wes popoloski, South Carolina

2019-04-30 2015 Dynamax Grand Sport 371 View Listings

Unbelievable power and drives flawlessly. I’ve owned two high end class A coaches and I can’t believe how much better the Freightliner Cascadia chassis drives. Super C also offers so much more in the way of safety vs. a class A.
- Lionel , Texas

2019-04-18 2015 Dynamax Grand Sport 371 View Listings

Grand sport built on the Freightliner Cascadia drives like a dream! Have owned two class A Country Coaches and I will only buy super class C from this point on. More efficient, more powerful, safer, etc.......
- Lionel, Texas

2019-03-22 2018 Dynamax Isata 3 24FWM View Listings

Dynamax gives you some nice upgrades for a small motorhome and we are happy with it, except for the quality control from the factory. I had issues from the start with the flooring being laid in pieces instead of a solid piece of flooring. It was coming up everywhere. While having the flooring replaced on warranty, the technician discovered rollers for the slide had never been installed and damaged the other rollers. How something so basic could be missed at the factory is beyond me.
- Don Parham, California

2019-02-05 2018 Dynamax Isata 4 25FW View Listings

Dealer: Dennis Dillon RV LLC, Boise ID The reason we purchased from this dealership is because the closest dealership to have this model. We were not impressed with the dealership other than they had a good selection of RV’s to choose from. Why do dealers remove parts from one RV to fix another? I have purchased a number of automobiles in my lifetime and have never seen nothing like this before on a new car. A new car is darn near perfect from any dealership. Shouldn’t an RV be the same? Our RV has parts missing from the coach and the chassis. When I try to get the parts to replace what is missing the chassis dealership blames the RV manufacturer and visa-versa. So before you purchase an RV don’t take it off the lot until it is complete. Trying to get warranty issues fixed is darn near impossible. Remember the warranty is only as good as the paper it is written on. Dealerships make their profits on the sale not on repairs even though they charge more than a dentist office to work on your RV. Most dealers do not like to work on RV’s that were not purchased from them. That is the main problem. My RV came with 24/7 Emergency Roadside Assistance from Coach-Net. When we were on our first outing in our new RV the toilet broke. No body would warranty our RV for 2 to 3 weeks and so we were stuck on the road without a toilet. I finally decided to find a parts dealership and purchase the new toilet myself and replace it in a fast food parking lot. I had no choice. Five hundred miles from home with a handful of tools on a holiday weekend. We finally found a new toilet because parts for the Thetford toilet were impossible to find in Lake Havasu or Bullhead City AZ. No way was I going to purchase a new Thetford after the spring broke on the foot pedal so we bought the higher priced Dometic. We were desperate. It was an emergency for us. Coach-Net said they do not warrant Dynamax any longer but Forrest River advertised a 2 year warranty with their RV’s. It is even on their brochures. Is this a case for a class action lawsuit? The dealership used this warranty as one of their selling points. Remember the warranty is only as good as the paper it is printed on. Forrest River makes a number of RV's & Trailer models so buyer beware.
- JAMES RICO, Utah

2018-10-31 2018 Dynamax DX3 37TS View Listings

We bought a new 2012 Dynamax Trilogy 5th wheel. We decided to go full time but because it was so big 39' we ended up buying a beautiful rv lot and lived in it there. We owned it till 2017 and had hardly any problems, and what few were minor. We decided we wanted to drive not tow an RV so it was a toss up between Class A and a SUPER C. We wanted another Dynamax and there were only 2 real choices for Super C, Dynamax and a Renegade. There was a considerable difference in the quality when we compared the two. We went with this motor home and have been in love with it since. I don't want to jink myself but we have had almost nothing happen with it so far. And boy do we get the looks. The exterior paint is amazing. We love the safety of the Super C. We can tow about anything with the Freightliner and it is a very comfortable. We have solar on top and a generator so boondocking is a breeze. Getting ready for our second winter and with the Aqua Hot and the fireplace I'm sure we will be toasty in the mtns. of AZ.
- Terry Demeyer, Arizona

2018-10-29 2018 Dynamax Isata 3 24FWM View Listings

We Purchased a new 2018 Dynamax Isata 3. By the time our first trip was over we had no radio, no working awning,our slide was moving without our touch, we had to disconnect this for safety reasons(we were scared it would slide out while we were driving),and our TV and satellite never even operated from day one( we paid extra for the roof satellite system). I called before we even went out on our first trip about some of the problems but was told it would be weeks before anything can be addressed.I just brought my Rig for its first service to address all my problems and am being told that my radio fix will be only $1000. Disgusting, the radio never worded! I was told the later models switched out my radio because of problems. I'm not a happy camper and will never give business to this company again!
- Jeffrey Fruman, New York

2018-10-29 2016 Dynamax Rev 24CB View Listings

Dynamax REV 2016 very very poor quality, manufacture failed to seal unit causing water to leak in from side walls, rotting out the flooring. Forest River doesnt back there products, skipped steps in the manufacturing line, problems that the consumer can't see causing costly repairs. DONT BUY FROM FOREST RIVER / DYNAMAX
- Sharon Wernecke, Texas

2018-10-12 2006 Dynamax Grand Sport GT GS 37 View Listings

For 2 people this rig is perfect. I love the air-ride seats and having the powerful engine in front of us. The quality and craftsmanship is the top of the line. I love the pull out pantry. This coach has a seperate head/shower from the sink so 2 people can get ready at the same time. It's a dream to drive.
- Linda Skartvedt, Arizona

2018-09-28 2017 Dynamax Rev 24CB View Listings

Absolutely the most livable, highest quality components, desireable floorplan and value, of dozens I considered. Factory support on a couple of warranty issues was outstanding. My only pre purchase reservation was the Dodge chassie. After 15k miles, I have been pleased with it, great gas milage, though slightly underpowered. Would definately make the same choice again.
- M R Kirk, Ohio

2018-09-20 2018 Dynamax Dynaquest XL 37BH View Listings

I have been RVing since 2004 and over a 100,000 miles experience, I would NEVER buy another Dynamax due to poor Quality Control and poor Attention to Detail which is one of their mottos Positives in this unit: a) The engine power and delivery is awesome, perfectly sized and powered, I say sized due to getting offroad at times a super heavy engine is not favorable on the front axle as it will cause it to sink I.E. in sand b) Cab AC works excellent compared to my old M2 106 c) The two Low Profile Mach 8 AC's have both worked very well and even running one on Low has kept RV cool in 90 degree weather though I am partially shaded, much better than my old Fifth Wheel with a new 15k AC, this also testifies to the insulation is MUCH better than I thought it would be d) Multiplex System is awesome, excellent design, I pray I never have issues with it though... e) Shower works well and I love that Bryan followed up and added a shut off on the shower head f) Bathroom fit an finish very nice g) Kitchen storage is much more than I thought it would be and drawers and cabinets are very nice and well made h) The beds, bunks, and dinette are very good, jury is still out on Theatre Seating but kiddos like it i) Tile floor is much better than I thought it would be highly functional for camping j) Bedroom storage is awesome very well done k) Outside storage is HUGE and very good, but needs a little stronger bottoms or additional bracing l) Window shades and sunscreens are very good m) Generator is very quite and excellent n) Aqua Hot works flawlessly, BUT should have two electric elements like the 600D so one could heat with electric only if desired o) Solar panels work well p) Finish on exterior is phenomenal q) Norcold Fridge works flawlessly on Auto switching between LP/AC as required and LP on the road works well to keep things cool Negatives about this unit: a) You can see black under the gray vinyl interior in the cab in several areas, like it was black originally then painted one coat of gray that didn't quite cover the black b) Wall Paneling joint behind sink counter right side of door is poorly fitted and makes all the finest work look shabby, just from one misfitted joint c) The Norcold 1210 Fridge doesn't cool as well as it should, but it looks limited due to sheer size and volume, they tried to make a residential fridge out of an RV fridge and physics came into play, it will not freeze ice pops for the kiddos, have had them in there for several days - it did freeze steaks I put in there and the sides have frost on them, but ice pops will not freeze? Maybe they're making ice pops out of antifreeze these days? (Side note fridge is completely FULL of food) d) Short flush doesn't work on toilet e) One tile is cracked completely across where sliding door pins to lock f) Top kitchen drawer is scuffed to bare wood at one end, approx 1" X 1/4" g) Not having two arm rest on Drivers seat is not favorable at all h) Steering/Front End hunts and requires constant correction i) Harsh knock under front end when hitting bumps or going over whooped/porpoised sections on roadways j) Hood vibrates severely on top mid section and shimmies constantly while under way, distracting and poor engineering design by Freightliner, or inner fiberglass bracing is separated? k) Propane Outlet is ran to entrance/passenger side but up under the slide out at rear of unit? lol...great job...I requested it be ran to just to left hand side of entrance steps so it would actually be as good as the Fifth Wheels have...Quarter of a Million dollar unit that cannot have a propane fitting beside the front steps so you can step outside, grill your meat, step back inside and eat, under the awning out of weather and sun...does that make sense? l) Seats sit too high and actually a Sportchassis Bostrum seat would be a much better option and would probably actually work better with a swivel than the super thick padded seats that are standard, would definitely be more functional...also only one arm rest? Not good... m) Some sort of a panoramic mirror for driver would be useful for monitoring interior when driving n) When autostarting Generator it gives one hell of a "bump" shaking the whole RV at startup o) Master Bed needs two hydraulic lift cylinder under it to hold it up same as Fifth Wheels have - so you aren't having to hold it up with your head while working under it p) Dinette Seats should have small door access in the side area so they don't have to be lifted to grab a bottle of water q) Dyson Vacuum suks literally I tested it against my Makita Battery operated and it was no contest at all (Makita out performs it EASILY): https://www.homedepot.com/p/Makita-1...FRyvTwodYF8IfQ This unit had to have tiles replaced, toilet reworked so it would flush, the rain guard over the door fell off on first trip. The unit has been in the shop for drive line vibration three trips, it is still there at this time...details can be verified easily: acwilli2@yahoo.com
- Ailan Cole Williamson, Texas

2018-08-13 2017 Dynamax Isata 5 36DSD View Listings

You can not beat the drive and power of the Ram 5500 with the Cummins engine. The overall room and comfort in this Dynamax Isata coach is great! We love the extra features hard to find on others. Look forward to years of great use.
- Donald Moore, Alabama

2018-08-12 2017 Dynamax Isata 4 31DS View Listings

We bought as a second owner as the original only made one trip in it. It had 1700 miles. When we got it home we had problems with the slides the main slide not retracting evenly and all the way. Brought it back and they reprogrammed the computer. At home the slide failed to extend. Back again for a new slide motor, Everything is computerized. Of all the ways to control interior lights none worked properly. After they re=programmed the computer the lights do come on and off as long as you know where the control switch is. They are not where you would expect to find one. The entry step is an after thought. When retracted it is low to the ground and will hit a curb which is not very high. We got into traffic once and had to maneuver when we hit the step. This is going to be an expensive repair even though the step is not damaged. It is the step was fastened to that is weak. I was always under the impression the a Dynamax was a top of line unit but since a different company builds them this is no longer true.
- Russell Roberts, South Carolina

2018-07-02 2005 Dynamax Dyna Sport UTV DT230 View Listings

I love this van! It's a solid ride with incredibly comfortable captain chairs & seating for all. Elegant with rich cherry wood interior. Enormous storage for lounge chairs, bbq, & toys...no other 25' offers more storage. Diamond Shield protects the paint. It always turns heads & gets tons of compliments.
- Donna B, Oregon

2018-05-21 2018 Dynamax DX3 37RB View Listings

If you value your money. Then do not buy this unit. NO Quality Control. Too many issues to talk about. This is a horrible company. Do your self a favor and spend a little more money and buy a Renegade. The only thing that is nice about the DX3 is the paint. The inside woodworking is nothing short of terrible. The attention to detail is non-exsistant. The fact that this unit even left the factory is mind boggling. It seems as nothing is even checked before it leaves. Only to have the local dealer fix and repair the issues. Problem with that is your unit will be with them more than it is with you. 4 months and Iv'e that I owned this product, Iv'e used it for 1 week. Junk. Junk. Junk..
- Tim Lippert, Iowa

2018-05-21 2018 Dynamax DX3 37RB View Listings

If you value your money. Then do not buy this unit. NO Quality Control. Too many issues to talk about. This is a horrible company. Do your self a favor and spend a little more money and buy a Renegade. The only thing that is nice about the DX3 is the paint. The inside woodworking is nothing short of s%$#ty. The attention to detail is non-exsistant. The fact that this unit even left the factory is mind boggling. It seems as nothing is even checked before it leaves. Only to have the local dealer fix and repair the issues. Problem with that is your unit will be with them more than it is with you. 4 months and Iv'e that I owned this product, Iv'e used it for 1 week. Junk. Junk. Junk..
- Tim Lippert, Iowa