Dutchmen Voltage Reviews on RV Insider (35)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Dutchmen Voltage RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

matt from Illinois says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2016 Dutchmen Voltage 3970 View Listings

Please , please dont buy a dutchman !!! Worse mistake i ever made . So fare i've had 100 % of all the appliances break . refrigerator ,microwave,stove started on fire the first time i used it . the toilet valves are now leaking and the seal inside is bad .the hydraulic jack leaked ,the slide tore a hole through the floor when the dealer was repairing it . Today the central AC unit failed and i have four inches of water in my ceiling . It also flooded the floor to the point it was running out of the trailer . I payed 128,000 for this nightmare !!!!
- matt, Illinois

2021-02-04 2020 Dutchmen Voltage V4185 View Listings

For the price of the unit very poor workmanship. Convection oven smell like it’s going to catch fire every time it’s used. The furnace short cycled , no heat going to garage, propane tank hold downs don’t work. The oven won’t stay lit it keeps going out when you try to bake anything. Trim was coming off The fans in the back of refrigerator broke and were laying in the bottom of the unit. The wiring is a nightmare huge holes to put a few wires through. Had to replace a valve under the sink. On top of all that our dealership parts dept and repair shop suck.
- Keith A Jenkins, Florida

2020-12-11 2014 Dutchmen Voltage 3105 View Listings

I bought the rv used from a dealer in Florida. My first mistake. The first time I tried it out was the day after the purchase. I started having problems with the Schwintech slide on the livingroom. After several attempts to get the problem resolved I had a tire blow and this caused enough damage to the slide to warrant further investigation. The repair shop I took the unit to discovered the roof on the slide had been leaking since it was manufactured which rotted the entire outside wall and floor. When the repair shop tried to repair it was descovered the slide had no framing supporting the outside window..just 2 sheets of 1/4 in plywood laminated to the styrofoam. In 20 years of repairing rv's this is the worst contruction the rv repair shop has run into. The total cost so far is over 15k and I finally have the unit back. Dutchmen should have a class action suit against them for this. I am just wondering if there is any legal action that can be taken.
- marvin burns, Arkansas

2020-11-23 2020 Dutchmen Voltage 4175 View Listings

Purchased a Voltage 4175 planning on this being our forever camper with my husband retiring from the military in about 3 years and us traveling. The $$ was a HUGE purchase for us. This is the biggest piece of crap we have ever purchased!!! Nothing but problems!!! Their quality control is NON EXISTENT. Have a huge list of stuff my husband fixed himself (like TV eye being below the counter) Propane bottles not fitting properly because of how mounts were installed. He rerouted the battery cable spaghetti mess. Reattached trim...all little stuff. Every time you move it, wire nuts fall off of stuff because they are put on but not crimped. Every time you find a wire nut or screw, just throw it in the drawer. The first big road trip, the fresh water tank leaked (ended up being a whole in the hose). There was a bolt coming up from underneath the flooring so we sat a suit case over it the entire trip so nobody would walk on it and wear it through. All of the pantry shelves collapsed--including the one that only had paper products on it. One of the things we liked about the 4175 was this little counter by itself near the pantry...thought it would make a great "coffee bar". Yeah, bad idea. Its has electrical issues, you can't plug the coffee pot in and have either the heat or AC running in the center of the camper or it kicks out (does NOT do it with the front or rear AC/Heat running). Dealer replaced a GFI outlet (the outlet in the bathroom and bedroom only worked when it felt like it as well) and said that fixed the problem. Did NOT fix the problem--apparently they did not Load test it. Even with all of these issues, the one that has me the most furious is after our trip we were cleaning the garage of the camper and found small screws all along the wall. Realized they came out of the upper bed and the mattress was falling off of the frame! Thank goodness nothing happened because during that trip my 7 year old grandson and 2 year old granddaughter had been sleeping on the jack knife sofa below with their parents on that top bed!!!!! There was also something wrong with the awning arms and they had to be replaced. The stove was just awesome. When the kitchen slide was in, I had to put a pool noodle on the oven door handle and tape it fast because it would rub on the drawer handle across from it. The list of problems with this piece of crap just goes on and on. Each side of this camper has 3 wheels. Found a split in the center tire on the right side. They said it was NOT warranty cause it was an impact hit??? I guess the 2 other tires on that side floated over top of this so called impact? It was a tire defect, the tread separated. And when you look up the rating for the tires they put on it and the weight of the camper---the tires are maxed out. Shame they cant put better tires on it. All of this for the amount of money we pent just makes me sick!!!!!!!!!! They should be ashamed for putting out this quality of JUNK and stealing peoples hard earned money!! We will tell everyone we know not to buy a Voltage unless you have money to throw away and you never want to see it because its sitting at the RV place waiting for warranty work. And one last pet peeve of mine for this camper. The half bath in the garage, for what this thing costs, they could put a nicer sink in the damn thing....not something that looks like a 5 bucket screwed to the wall.
- Brenda Brown, Pennsylvania

2020-11-08 2015 Dutchmen Voltage V3005 View Listings

This was the shortest 5th wheel toy hauler I could find that still had a separate garage. I didn't want to have to take out all my bikes for an overnight stop. It also has the bathroom door outside the master bedroom which I prefer. Plenty of power outlets, inside and out. Easy to tow. I used a F350 diesel and sometimes almost forgot the hauler was back there.
- Robert Sissons, California

2020-11-05 2015 Dutchmen Voltage 3905 View Listings

I do not personally like their service. Many times they give us a quote to fix something and when we go pick it up, their prices are extremely higher and they don't even fix everything broke. Goodbye
- Kris, Iowa

2020-06-16 2013 Dutchmen Voltage 3950 View Listings

This is by far the most poorly constructed RV ever to be built! The Lippert Schwintek slides are a continual failure. The slides leak because they never seal right, the ensuing damage isn’t covered by insurance (water damage). The under rated suspension is not only dangerous but extremely difficult to fix on the side of the road, the roof isn’t as strong as it should be, the back door/ramp doesn’t keep water out, the outside lights are located directly under gutter downspouts filling them and the wall with water. Just a real piece of junk. The only positive thing is the generator always runs nicely. I’ve never known anyone to not have problems with their Voltage. I wish there were a class action to get in on, it is truly terrible.
- Don Brade, Texas

2020-06-09 2016 Dutchmen Voltage 3990 View Listings

Biggest pile of junk on the planet . Factory recall non stop. Warranty was poor . Refrigerator, ac furniture all broken in 6 months . More time in shop then use. All three ac unit roof fans broke on second trip. I let them take it back ..
- Terry Rbiggest piece , Colorado

2020-01-13 2019 Dutchmen Voltage 3605 View Listings

Great Toy Hauler / 5th wheel! Lot's of space; huge garage; and plenty of room to sleep 8+. If you want to live & travel on the nice side of life, this is the vehicle for you. Plenty of space for a 4 seater side by side too.
- Blake, California

2019-07-14 2013 Dutchmen Voltage V3950 View Listings

We have loved our Voltage 5th Wheel Toy Hauler. It has served as our primary home for a year, as well as our vacation home. We chose this floor plan due to having 3 teenagers, one of which is 6’ 3” tall. The queen beds in the garage and the space itself in garage have made for a perfect bedroom for our boys. The queen sized loft has been a great space for our 14 yr old daughter too. It’s also awesome having a bath and a half. We’re only selling because we’ve decided, for several reasons, to move back into a rental home until all of our kids are done with school.
- Julee McClelland , Texas

2019-05-15 2019 Dutchmen Voltage 3605 View Listings

I bought a dutchman voltage 3605 back in 2018 . I had a few minor issues but expected with any RV. It's a very solid air tight . Stays cool in the summer and warm in the winter . Very sound proof as well . I put over 5000 miles on the unit so far and no issues . I'd but again . High quality with out breaking the bank .
- James , Maryland

2019-04-28 2015 Dutchmen Voltage 4000 View Listings

Experiencing cracking on both lower corners on the outside of the camper on the front bedroom slide out. Keystone approved one corner a little over a year ago due to a structural flaw. This was caused due to that area not being properly reinforced. The area was fixed by RCD in Pataskala Ohio. Now that area is cracking again as well as the the other corner.Keystone is now declining any additional work on my camper. Why is my problem not being addressed? This is a structural flaw in the design. I guess I’ll have to get an attorney and file a lawsuit.
- Jerry dillon, Ohio

2019-03-04 2018 Dutchmen Voltage 3970 View Listings

Let me just start by saying stay as far away from Keystone/Dutchman as you can! I have had a solid year of nothing but leaks and shoddy workmanship. Now my unit is in the shop yet again with a leak in the bed room slide that is so wet that it has grown mold so thick that it looks like spray foam insulation. I have been waiting for over a month while the dealership deals with Keystone/Dutchman so today I decided to call myself. It was very clear from the phone call that the manufacturer is more interested in trying to make this issue my fault instead of standing behind their product and getting my RV back on the road. I traded a 2008 Dutchman that was not manufactured by Keystone that was a great unit, it is clear now that all the all the unfavorable remarks I have heard about Keystone is completely true and I can't wait to get this unit back so that I can immediately get rid of it! I am in hopes that I can find a class action law suit to join against Keystone or possibly start one! So please hear this warning DO NOT BUY A KEYSTONE BUILT RV!!!!
- Neil Castles, North Carolina

2019-02-26 2017 Dutchmen Voltage 3005V View Listings

Loved this toy hauler. Days of big toys are coming to an end and looking to down size. PDI list was short and corrected ASAP. Added several up-grades: Slide toppers, super G range tires, better quality springs, added garage storage, stop/turn lights,surge tank on water system, drag wheels on back. Tows well even in cross winds. Min. 3/4 ton tow recommended. One ton tows great.
- Duck Killer, California

2018-07-14 2013 Dutchmen Voltage 3200 View Listings

5th Wheel Dutchman Voltage out performs expectations ! Tows like a dream WITHOUT needing a dual rear wheel pkp, all features are brilliant. If stopping for a break no need to open slides to access bathroom, kitchen, or garage area. Awnings are a huge plus, sun/rain. Safe & comfortable for 8. A/C, furnace, water heaters, pump, generator are SIMPLE to operate. 3 ceiling pwr fan vents really work well. Easy to pull thru camping spots/gasoline stations. Bathroom is luxurious for all. Tall ceilings allow a spacious experience. Storage areas hold everything needed and then some. Master bedroom has built in closets, dresser/drawers/mirrored. Nice wood constructed cabinetry. Central VAC allows for quick cleaning. 2 eating/seating areas. 10' Garage area separate from camper areas. 4 TV's make all Happy Campers. Privacy is had in 3 separate areas. 2 entries into bathroom. W/Dryer hook up in garage is a great thing. Our family has enjoyed each camping trip to the fullest! We added solar to ours and have enjoyed 32 days off grid more than once! The back of garage opens into a deck with side panels to keep the little ones safely on board when needed. Kitchen is also luxurious, with microwave/convection oven, gas top stove, double sinks, extra counter top, spacious fridge/freezer, plenty of storage & pantry. Self leveling system/power slides are another plus w/remote to assist. Backing camera assists when needed. These2013 Dutchman Voltage Toy Haulers are TRULY a condo on wheels!!
- Peggy Collingwood, Colorado

2018-01-10 2017 Dutchmen Voltage 3795 View Listings

After searching for months and looking at 100+ trailers and floor plans we finally saw the Dutchman voltage 3975. It has been perfect for our little family of 5. We have a 4 1/2 year old, 3 year old and a 1year old. The older two share the top bunk of the garage and we still co sleep with the 1 year old. The versatility of the garage to have bunk beds seating dinner table or tons of floor space is perfect for our little ones. We even moved one our couches from the living to the garage to make room for our Christmas tree. We have been living in it full time for almost 5months. We haven't been hauling it yet but will update this review once we are on the road. We love the floor plan and the extra counter space for cooking. My wife bought a griddle and electric skillet which have worked perfectly for making our meals and uses the stove top as well. She hasn't done much baking because you have to actually light the pilot light and it freaks her out plus it's a direct flame right under whatever your baking so the heat is not evenly distributed. So far the only problems we faced have been a leak in the fridge because we kept it too cold and had a lot of frost build up running over and our pipes froze in the artic blast of negative degree weather. But some pipe insulation and heat tape fixed that problem. However if Dutchman had not left the pipes uncovered and lying against the outside metal frame they might not have frozen so easily. Polar package just fancy for we put heat pads on the tanks and another layer of expensive aluminum foil underneath the trailer. Overall we have been satisfied with our purchase but we still have to take it on the road.
- Shaun Kisor, Ohio

2017-08-27 2013 Dutchmen Voltage 3818 View Listings

Anyone who buys a Voltage is throwing their money away. My Voltage has been nothing more than a pile junk dress in nice clothes. The construction is as cheap as you can get. All three AC's leak when it rains and it's not from the roof gasket. The slide outs won't go in and out as they should. My trailer is only 3 years old and the roof has to be placed along with all three AC's and both slide-outs are rotted. All the external lights have leaked into the walls. The water heater hasn't worked since I bought it. The Generator had to be replaced after 5 hours of run time. The sewer flush fills up the belly pan with water if you use it. The Happy Jack beds in the back haven't worked since it left the dealer. The salesman bragged about how good the insulation was and when the AC's are running the outside of the trailer is completely wet with condensation. I wish I could think of something good to say about my Voltage but I can't think of one thing. The good reviews you read about are only people that are oblivious to the problems that are hidden
- C. A. Cardino, Texas

2017-08-27 2013 Dutchmen Voltage 3818 View Listings

- C. A. Cardino, Texas

2017-06-07 2013 Dutchmen Voltage 3950 View Listings

We purchased a new Dutchmen Voltage fifth wheel trailer the end of 2013, and we have had nothing but major problems with it since. The first time we were able to actually use the trailer was 2014, because it was in the shop for an extensive period of time right after we took possession of it. We have a folder that is so full of repair receipts that we had to buy a huge notebook to put them in. We have paid almost $8000 out of pocket which should have been covered under warranty. It has spent more time in the repair shop than on trips with us. We get no response from the dealership or the manufacturer anymore, they will not return our phone calls nor our emails. We even snail mailed letters to the CEO. We now have a very fatal problem called delamination. It will be the death of our nearly new camper as it progresses. Once again, we sent an email to the manufacturer with no response. We just do not know what to do. We have wasted so much time trying to get these problems fixed, but now I am going to spend more time trying to complain any and everywhere I can. Bad reviews, reports to the Virginia BBB, contacting The Attorney Generals Office where we bought the RV, you name it. We bought this lemon at Camping World in Roanoke, Virginia. They couldn't be more useless and unconcerned. This has been a nightmare and one of the worst decisions of our lives. Now we owe almost $50,000 on a camper that is impossible to sell and will be impossible to take anywhere as it falls apart. We should be enjoying our lives at this point (we are almost retirement age), but instead we have to constantly worry about what is going to happen next with this fifth wheel. This new problem is going to cost us around $8000, which we do not have. Even then we were told that it may not even fix the problem.
- PG, Delaware

2017-06-07 2013 Dutchmen Voltage 3950 View Listings

- PG, Delaware

2017-05-13 2015 Dutchmen Voltage 3905 View Listings

DO NOT BUY A VOLTAGE, I have a 2015 voltage and after owning it 1.5 years it is totally falling apart. The slide outs don't slide in because of the water leaks in the walls swelling the bottom. I have water running into the garage part from the walls, the vents are leaking so when it rains I have buckets everywhere. I bought a $4000 extended warranty but that don's cover none of my problems. And to top it off, the fridge quit this week. These trailers are CRAP. I have talked to other owners and they are having the same problems. I repeat DO NOT BUY A VOLTAGE.
- Richard, Oklahoma

2017-05-07 2016 Dutchmen Voltage 3970 View Listings

- matt, Illinois

2017-05-01 2016 Dutchmen Voltage 3805 View Listings

We purchased a Voltage the end of summer 2015. It's 2017 and after 5 trips to the dealer to get our furnace fixed we still do not have a working furnace. In almost 2 years we are yet to have heat. The awning light has quit working 3 times and doesn't work currently, the water heater doesn't work already. The construction is poor, the lining in the ducts is blocking half the air flow thru the trailer and the garage duct work was never even hooked up. We've had cupboards fall off. It's just a cheap poorly made unit. I don't know if it was Friday or what when this thing was assembled but DO NOT BUY DUTCHMAN. We take bets on what will not work before we leave for our trips. We have more miles and gas into taking it to the dealer than we do with traveling to campgrounds. I've never purchased a trailer with so many issues and we've had over 20 trailers and motorhomes in our lifetime. STAY AWAY
- Rebecca Hilderbrant, Michigan

2017-03-15 2016 Dutchmen Voltage 4150 View Listings

We bought our Voltage last February brand new, spent a fortune and have had nothing but trouble with it! Absolute piece of garbage! From the refrigerator not working on a 2 week trip to the battery not charging and needing to be jump started to the AC panel needing to be replaced (at our cost of course!) We have had it in the shop more than on the road and it's still not right. The company takes so long to approve parts on warranty that it sits unused for months at a time! I would NEVER recommend them to anyone and wish I had known better!!!
- Melissa, Florida

2017-02-23 2015 Dutchmen Voltage 3990 View Listings

3990 pulls like a dream. I did have my dealer install a washer/dryer combo vented. Everything works great. Huge garage. Air and furnace works great. Installed a Gerald continious hot water heater and like is good. Best RV we have owned. I can tell you having a good dealer is 99% of enjoying RVing. I use Chilhowee in Louisville, Tennessee hwy 129 in Tennessee.97
- Larry, Tennessee