Dutchmen Aspen Trail RVs Reviews (21)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Dutchmen Aspen Trail RVs Reviews and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of these RVs.

Jim from Utah says:

Have you owned any Dutchmen Aspen Trail RVs? Write a review

Voted Most Helpful Review 2017 Dutchmen Aspen Trail 2810BHS View Listings

Nice floor plan. Tall interior which is great. Seems to have trouble running the fridge and a/c at the same time. Fridge has to be manually unplugged (no switch to choose propane or electric) to force it to run on gas. Power source might not have been completely up to snuff when this happened but still seems like a really stupid design to have to remove panel and unplug to have the fridge run on gas if your plugged into power.
- Jim, Utah

2019-08-05 2013 Dutchmen Aspen Trail 2810BHS View Listings

Bought brand new in 2012. The auto ignition on the stove has never worked. Been really nice except, this year we have severe water damage from the roof leaking. There was no physical evidence until now. Our insurance appraiser told us that it’s been leaking for years buy the amount of damage that has been done. Manufacturers defect. We take care of our stuff, and the warranty department won’t do anything. I peeled back the roof and there was black mold and the wood was totally rotten. This really sucks. Wish I could post pics.
- Bryan Ashment, Utah

2019-07-30 2015 Dutchmen Aspen Trail 1900RBW View Listings

We bought a brand new 2015 Aspen Trail for the floor plan. WE have had nothing but trouble. WE have put new vent covers on, replaced the water pump on a brand new trailer, replaced the circuit board in the heater twice- the heater cover vents go in allowing the water to short out the board. Now the roof is now bubbling, took it to a dealer to get fixed he said this is the third Aspen Trail he has worked on in a month with the same problem, Called the manufacturer spoke with a rude customer service rep they will not help with anything. DO NOT BUY THESE TRAILERS!
- Susan Mecham, Utah

2019-07-28 2016 Dutchmen Aspen Trail 3100BHS View Listings

We purchased new in 2016 , since then we have had issues with the kitchen slide binding on one side or the other (5 different times ) the dealer , each time says its out of sync and needs reset . I just dont understand why it keeps doing it .
- Arthur Skaggs, Pennsylvania

2019-07-23 2017 Dutchmen Aspen Trail 3010BHDS View Listings

Bought new in 2018, 2017 Aspen Trail 2340BHS. 1st TT owned and bought for the size and low price. Craftsmanship is subpar. Flimsy and cheap materials and screws backing and falling out. Undercarriage and frame - paint fell off and rusted after one trip. Exterior - screws falling out, sealant bubbling and coming off, skirting bending and bowing. Interior - dinette was not square preventing it from ever being turned into a bed, Queen mattress covered in a paper-like substance that tore on the first outing, cabinet doors won’t close square, loud water pump, windows stick and come off track. The Good - Super light and tows easily. Appliances and AC/Heater are all name brand and worked really well.
- Aaron , Colorado

2019-06-24 2018 Dutchmen Aspen Trail 2340BHS View Listings

We purchased this unit loving the floor plan. The quality is pretty standard but the real bone of contention is warranty. The service department we deal with explained that your company will drag its heels on any warranty issue until the point warranty expires then wipe your hands clear of it. I am very glad the place I bought from explained this as I am beyond disappointed and if I could give the trailer back I would in a heartbeat. But because I cant I will be sharing my experience and if anyone I know is looking for a recreational trailer I will be doing my best to steer them away from your product.
- Lyle, British Columbia

2019-06-12 2018 Dutchmen Aspen Trail 1700BH View Listings

Had a pop up since 2005. I grew up in a pop up. We looked and looked and lo and behold tis popped up, metaphorically. I was skeptical of Aspen Trail as their quality was really noticably bad a few years ago. Not so much last year. And our Dealer D & D RV in Helena MT, was great. Good price, very decent price and they tiurned the axle very inexpensively (200 bucks) making a too low RV perfect for MT. This unit is perfect for empty nesters with large dogs or a new family with kids. Unique to this is an enclosed rear bunk with the bottom at 40 inches wide. That is adult territory. And, you dont have to take the Real 4 person dinette down to sleep. It is a basic bathroom but with separate shower an Hlme Depot sells easily installible medicine cabinets. The seemed to have cheapened them 4 2019 with no cabinets above the queen bed and removing the wall above the second bunk, so look for lightly used. Yes, it is single axle with a low carrying capacity, but a great unit. Thor/Dutchmen sell the same unit under the Coleman Lantern name as like 17fq and a really nice Kodiak version for more bucks, more capacity and a fiberglass exterior. Others have the same floor plan with the difference being width. The bigger bunk and dinette are worth it particularly since these will cost the same or less. Good value.
- Karl Milhon, Montana

2019-06-07 2015 Dutchmen Aspen Trail 2710BH View Listings

The trailer itself is OK. When we purchased it, we noticed some trim on the outside that was loose, and one of the curtain rods was not attached on one end. I asked to have those two things fixed. Neither one was taken care of. The bigger issue was that we were told that the furnace and A/C had been checked out and guaranteed to work. We bought it in March, so we wouldn't have known anyway if the A/C worked. (It works just fine - no problems there.) Our biggest mistake was taking the dealer's word for it that the heat worked. It didn't. We tried using it in April and there was no heat or warm air at all. It was still under warranty, so we took it in to get checked. The furnace had NEVER BEEN HOOKED UP! So, poor workmanship in the first place, then lied to by the dealer. The warranty did cover the furnace repair, so I can't complain about that. For the two of us, it works fine. We don't have a slide, so it does get a little tight if it's raining and I'm trying to cook a meal or something. When my husband is sitting at the table, he can't get his feet under it comfortably so they stick out in my way. We did pull it 3500 miles a couple of years ago and had no trouble towing it.
- Bobbi J., Minnesota

2019-06-05 2018 Dutchmen Aspen Trail 26BH View Listings

I bought a 2018 Dutchmen Aspen Trail, when we took it out the first time we noticed a loud squeaky noise in the floor close to the slider and the floor was higher, we called Dutchmen customer service and they gave a couple places where we can take it, we decide to take to Camping world in Buford Georgia, to take care of a recall in the furnace and at the same time check the floor. The Camping World tech was 100% agreed with us that is not a normal squeaky noise, they called Dutchmen to get the ok to do a deeper inspection in the floor and they told them they don't cover that type of issue, to me this a factory issue and they tech let them know this also, I called them many times and they gave me the same answer, at the end I had to take the trailer home the way it is. DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY THEY DON'T STAND BY THEY WARRANTY OR PRODUCTS.
- Edwin Mera, Georgia

2019-05-23 2019 Dutchmen Aspen Trail 3600QBDS View Listings

Falling apart and there's a lot of factory defects. Warranty is a joke and there's absolutely no customer service representative that's receptive to the fact that I have been sold a piece of crap trailer
- Michael, Texas

2019-05-23 2019 Dutchmen Aspen Trail 3600QBSS View Listings

The absolute worst trailer imaginable. Bought it from dealer in Rockport 2 months ago and it is falling apart. The roof leaks and there's a lot of factory defects. The salesman that sold it to me said that the omish craftsmanship was second to none. I seriously doubt the omish crafted anything about the unit I'm stuck with.
- Michael, Texas

2019-02-10 2014 Dutchmen Aspen Trail 2760BHS View Listings

We purchased this trailer new in the spring of 2014. We liked the layout, decor and separate bath entrance. We had significant problems right off the bat and had a really difficult time dealing with Dutchmen/Keystone. The family-owned dealer was not easy to work with either. First, I drove the unit home and I noticed the slide out was crooked. Dealer said it was just a crooked exterior trim piece. I was skeptical so I did some investigating on my own (I had no knowledge/experience with campers) and found that the slide was resting on the frame of the opening on one side, not on the track it was supposed to slide on. The slide was mounted in the wrong place at the factory. It was troubling that I had to explain that to the dealer. The dining table had a wavy look to it (water damage?). The radio didn't work, kitchen drawers didn't slide right, dinette cushions were/still are very uncomfortable, and a few other little things. The most troubling issue was discovered when washing the camper one day. I put my hand on the wet aluminum siding and could feel low voltage electricity running through it! This issue was never resolved and continues to occur. Overall, I cannot recommend this unit due to the subpar workmanship and the safety issue of the electricity.
- CJ, New York

2018-07-07 2017 Dutchmen Aspen Trail 3010BHDS View Listings

Constant problems with the 12 volt system. Tv antenna doesn’t work, radio signal goes out if any other 12 volt component is running. After a little more than one year, the floor in the main slideout is falling out. This is a seasonal unit and has traveled only the distance from the dealer to the campground. Dutchmen has offered absolutely no help. I will never spend $30,000 on a Keystone/Dutchmen product again. I would never recommend this product to anyone!
- Unhappy Camper, Michigan

2017-09-13 2016 Dutchmen Aspen Trail 3010BHDS View Listings

I enjoyed my 3010BHDS Had plenty of living space room 2ac just wished it had an enclosed shower instead of tub. Also more storage space and with the technology we have today why no blu ray player included in the audio video system
- Gary D Robinson, Louisiana

2017-09-13 2016 Dutchmen Aspen Trail 3010BHDS View Listings

- Gary D Robinson, Louisiana

2017-06-02 2016 Dutchmen Aspen Trail 2890BHS View Listings

For a 2016 travel trailer I have never been more disappointed! Third time using it the front top panels and the roof blew off!!! Then five months at the dealer?? Now first time out this year (6-1-2017) going along and the left front side of the trailer is blowing up like a balloon! Very stressful! When we get home (if) this pile of junk is going by by! It's very sad because this is the coolest looking trailer on the market, but looks don't matter when you can't just go and enjoy yourself! Sorry in advance for whomever buys this thing
- Rick Arnold, Washington

2017-03-07 2015 Dutchmen Aspen Trail 2390RKS View Listings

This travel trailer is a very good option. It retails for just under $20,000 while many other new models start well above that mark. It is roomy with the slide and is easy to tow through mountain terrains with a 3/4 ton truck. With the kitchen placed at rear a small group can lounge in the trailer and easily visit with one another.
- Donald Gee, North Carolina

2016-06-09 2016 Dutchmen Aspen Trail 2460RLS View Listings

We have been out two wkends and love the layout of this one. We have owned 12 RV's since 1988, this one should be the last. Plenty of room for clothes/food/and other essentials. Walk thru bath very handy for all to use. Has nice pocket doors to close off bedroom. Plenty of counter space, we added pull out bins in all the open storage spots so items can ride safely. All in all Dutchman has a great small camper here, with all the bells and whistles that most would need.
- Patty & Jim, Maryland

2015-05-27 2013 Dutchmen Aspen Trail 2810BHS View Listings

Water heater circuit board burned up less than one year. AC Freon leaked, unit had/has to be replaced. Black streaks on outside that can not be removed. Not dependable.
- Cathy, Florida

2015-05-20 2013 Dutchmen Aspen Trail 2460RLS View Listings

A great RV for traveling and taking grand kids for short trips. When you are traveling, you just have to drop the stabilizing jacks and get in. The full sized queen is nice at 6'2". My wife likes the counter space for a 25fter.
- Les Lewis, Michigan

2014-10-29 2013 Dutchmen Aspen Trail 2810BHS View Listings

We never used it to camp in. The camper is beautiful. We found that a lot of campers have the "Vegas" look inside. Unusual colors and cheap looking woodwork. This one is different. Warm earth toned materials with rich real looking woodwork. Great layout.
- Horace Baker, Montana