DRV Reviews on RV Insider (67)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with DRV RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Robert Wisniewski from Michigan says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2016 DRV Mobile Suites 40KSSB4 View Listings

This is our second drv the first was a 36-foot model mobile Suites. I had to fix numerous items in that trailer. We have purchased a 40-foot drv and again I have had to fix numerous things in the trailer I would make a list except it would be too long. When you put something out there at a list price of $100,000 or better you should get something more from your money than this.
- Robert Wisniewski, Michigan

2020-09-05 2018 DRV Mobile Suites Sante Fe View Listings

Upon initial possession of my DRV, I loved it. Its seemed to have beautiful features and craftsmanship, at first. I work on the road and am in my RV way more thanmy house. I believe in paying for quality and thats why I went with the Mobile Suite, I am disappointed. Within the first couple times pulling it the trim piece just fell off, the trim piece that covers the seamson the walls weren't even pin nailed on! The sink fell in, they had just used caulking and expected it to hold in place, when I had it fixed the repair man said they never used the bracket that come with the sink when it was installed. My dishwasher was not bracketed down either and completely fell out when we were moving, and not just the door coming open the whole basin came out of the cupboard and was hanging on by the hoses and wiring. The oven ignition worked for the first month, after that I've had it repaired and it works for the first week now I just manually light it, because I'm tired of messing with it. The cook top cover is the granite counter top and is the same material as the rest of the counter tops, it must be up/open for venting purposes to use the oven which is fine, but it has come away from the hing its attached to twice and falls onto the top of the stove, pretty dangerous really. The closet door came unhooked from itself, its a bi-slide deal and again there is a little trim piece that catches and slides the 2nd part open or closed, it was not even pin nailed. The furniture is beautiful to look at, but don't let that fool you, its cold and not comfortable enough to even take a nap in. Then there is the cupboards, they look beautiful, they are tall, oh so tall, so tall I need a step ladder to get anything in or out of them. They are so tall you have to pack a step ladder everywhere, which makes it tough with an arm load of dishes or anything you might want to actually store in the cupboard. Whoever designed the shapes of these cupboards needs a lesson in dynamics and storage management. Sure they look great, but they didn't utilize the available space in the DRV and make any of them deep enough to actually store anything. Its the strangest thing I have ever seen, the space is there, they just didn't use it. Every cupboard over the TV, over the couch, and over the dining table, over the bed, have this strange bow shaped angle where the end cupboards flare out and taper down in the middle, leaving the cupboards completely useless to actually store anything. Its awful! Its absolutely the stupidest design I have ever seen, I mean the space is there USE IT! Another thing is the electric plugs, they put them in the oddest places and didn't put plugs in places you would expect. They put a plug in this tiny compartment in a long narrow cupboard next to the washer and dryer, that's not even big enough for a miniature coffee pot or a small blender, but didnt put any in the cupboards over the computer desk for a printer or anything like that, but the cupboard is not big enough for even the most compact printer so I guess thats probably why! So yeah, I am super frustrated about a few things about my DRV, my husband says that it tows good, and the automatic jacks are great! It is easy to setup and tear down, and it looks really pretty, but at the end of the day, its still a camper made in mass production in some factory with absolute no real design considerations or quality control.
- Full Timer, Texas

2020-08-28 2019 DRV Mobile Suites Nashville View Listings

Since 1995 I have owned four Travel Supreme 5th wheels and two other makes of fifth wheels before seeking a new unit in 2019. After touring the DRV factory and the Luxe factory and having a few phone discussions with each, I decided on the DRV. Several friends have had earlier versions of Mobile Suites and loved them. Since the day we brought the unit home it has been a disaster. The overall quality is very below par. Sent the unit in for warranty repairs which was a two page list. After three month and no phone calls, I picked the unit up with no work completed. I continue to have issues with landing gear, refrigerator, front door, all six slides leak when closed, dryer fell on the washer, bathroom faucet disconnected, cabinets broke apart, multiple gaps in the slides when open, (many bugs enter) and the electrical system is now acting up. And the extended warranty is crap. I wish I would have kept my old Travel Supreme with real tile floors and real wood cabinets and never gave me any issues. I really wish lightning would strike it or a tree falls on it.
- Troy Linback, Florida

2020-06-27 2013 DRV Tradition 340RES View Listings

Have been quite happy with our 2013 Tradition. Very nice layout with stairs near the door so you can reach the bathroom and bedroom while on the road. Our Tradition has the same cabinetry as the other Mobile Suites units of that year. Have had the unit in for repair to the kitchen flooring, which went well and again for a fresh water tank repair and a leak in the shower water line. No issues with appliances for other hardware. Very nice paint job that has lasted for the six years we have owned it. Still looks as good as new. We use it for the winter in Florida as well as summer camping, including two trips of 2-3 months. Pulls easily. Need to watch height as it is fairly tall.
- J Brouse, Indiana

2020-06-23 2010 DRV Elite Suites 36TKSB3 View Listings

Love this RV - tows easily - overall quality excellent - doesn't feel like your living in an RV but in a home or at least in a hotel. Layout is comfortable and with some changes the interior is spacious.
- Michael Jourdan, Michigan

2020-05-30 2020 Drv Mobile Suites 41RKSB4 View Listings

I bought this RV. And I got passed around like a hot potato when I had questions and problems I got told lies about return calls that I never got I dealt with explore USA and I do not recommend them to anybody the service that I paid for isn’t worth the paper it’s wrote on. I worked hard to pay for my RV and they have made me regret my purchase as soon as I got it. Pipes was loose to cause flooding and lights doesn’t work and also little stuff is breaking in the first week of my family bring in it. And still no help or return calls just broken promises. I just hope nobody else gets took advantage of like we did. I’ve ask and waited patiently for the owners to call for relief but I’m glad I wasn’t holding my breath. The service team at the wills point or canton location does not have there act together at all. If a person spends money on a warranty it should cover so you don’t have to pay out of pocket but I’m learning that’s part of the con. I dealt with Tracy he was very good but the rest of the team there does not care and will not respond to you. Please be cautious if you purchase my family was undecided between a luxe RV and the mobile suite and I decided to go mobile suite. So I guess I made the wrong decision and my family is paying the price over it. Wish I would of went luxe after seeing the care I have received. My grandfather use to say nobody cares how much you know until they know how much you care. This company shouldn’t be selling stuff they can’t back up
- Teddy Lee , Mississippi

2020-01-28 2018 DRV Mobile Suites 36RSSB3 View Listings

Everything about this DRV Mobile Suites is top of the line. Interior reflects height quality construction and design. The length is perfect for a couple traveling. Exterior has plenty of storage, easy access, worry-free self-leveling, full body paint. Even with the weight, hauling is easy. Once we got the unit away from the dealership, What problems we had initially were addressed satisfactorily by the Manufacturer.
- Suanne Smith, Washington

2020-01-22 2016 DRV Mobile Suites 36RSSB3 View Listings

Purchased 2016 MobiLe Suites 36RSS3B 1/17 as full time coach. Had water leak day 1, dealer said it was weather related- it was NOT. Water leaked last 34 months, dealer was terrible also. Coach spent months at dealer for said water leak plus, failed landing jack, theater seats peeled like steamed tomatoes, even never worked, then after 34 months of service- all four (4) slide floors are rotted. Granted Dixie RV sucked beyond belief, some of these issues are DRV related. After many unanswered e-mails to DRV, this is it. If you have a $100K you really don't enjoy anymore, buy a DRV product or you can shove that $100K up a wild pig's butt, set it on fire, and yell suey- you will get far more enjoyment!!! DRV and Dixie RV share this review, you both deserve it!!!!!!
- Freddie Taylor, Louisiana

2020-01-20 2017 DRV Elite Suites 40KSSB4 View Listings

Extremely comfortable and well designed for full time RV living.We looked and researched for over a year visiting several manufacturing plants but always returned to DRV for the quality that was lacking in other brands.The unit tows very smoothly and no buffeting from large trucks.DRV has always been very responsive for any issues we have had.
- Adrienne Brady, North Carolina

2019-12-10 2013 DRV Mobile Suites 36RSSB3 View Listings

Purchased a 1990 Holiday Rambler new every little problems Lived in it from state to state job related Figured it was Time to replace figured I would look at The DRVs Went to factory watched assembly was not too impressed Asked why wiring not in a Harness instead just looking like thrown in under made a few other questions They didn't have answers But I still bought one special order Some of the worst Craftsmanship I have seen for a Unit you pay that kind of price for,Cabinet not square,Roof leaked (I had a fiberglass installed)Side wall above Entrance door Separated (DRVs response it's not hurt Structurally) I wanted a new wall would not do This all happened under Warranty 1st year out They fixed the Roof leak and Cabinets I have replaced the Bathroom door Hinges 2 times with the cheap ones that they use I finally had enough And went and found some good quality hinges and put on Bedroom Slide out Wall dropped Took to Shop the floor has rotted out DRVs Could care less Once you take Delivery Trying to talk to Someone became a waste after they Sold to Thor Would not return calls Always an Excuse I am very disappointed in DRVs They need to spend 5 minutes more on Quality control Like the Saying goes Buyer Beware You are spending a lot So check and double check Ask Them to Have more pride in their work
- Bill, Pennsylvania

2019-11-26 2020 DRV Mobile Suites 40KSSB4 View Listings

We loved the fifth wheel when we bought it but were a little let down with some of the workmanship and finishes inside. But the worst thing is the appalling customer service at DRV. We had some smaller issues like cupboard door closers falling off, leaking shower, terrible silicone jobs in kitchen and bathroom that had to be redone, carpet coming up, incorrect tv installation and silicone left all over our shower door and sides and shower head. But the two big things were a battery disconnect that doesn’t work and bad wheel alignment causing one tyre to wear. This is only a few months old. We’ve already been through two tyres and have had to jump start the trailer on multiple occasions because battery is dead. Have left approx 7-8 phone messages for DRV and spent a lot of time on many many occasions trying to talk to someone there and they do NOT get back to us at all. It’s disgraceful. Customer service is non existent. I wouldn’t recommend.
- Alison Leadbetter, Ontario

2019-11-23 2017 DRV Mobile Suites 36RSSB3 View Listings

Had a 2004 DRV mobile suite which we lived in for 14 months straight and had ZERO issues with it. So when my husband retired we bought a 2017 mobile suite and have already spent $7,000 in repairs with the biggest issue being the trailer brakes snapping off at random, draining all the hydraulic fluid and leaving us with NO trailer brakes. DO not buy ANYTHING made by Thor. They are death traps and because we were outside the warranty period they basically told us tough. The failure occurred this summer (2019) as we were driving down the interstate and we had to emergency brake only to find we had none. Luckily my husband has driven big rigs and was able to get us off the highway and into the emergency lane before we ran up on top of the car in front of us. And Thor is doing nothing as we have also heard from more than a dozen people who have had the same issue. Some day somebody is going to be killed due to this issue and I hope Thor is named as an accessory.
- Wendy S Bradley, Utah

2019-09-26 2014 DRV Mobile Suites 38RSSA View Listings

We purchased used (1 previous owner) from a reputable dealer in Elk City, OK. After 5 years of researching for the best 5th wheel on the market, we determined DRV was #1 and set out to own one. The community of DRV owners we came to know was an added bonus. This rig was built with full time living in mind. Couldn't be happier that we have had the opportunity to enjoy owning one.
- Marcellino, Maryland

2019-09-16 2017 DRV FullHouse JX450 View Listings

We decided on purchasing a DRV because of its substructure; frame size, Axel strength, breaking system, wall structure and insulation. We wanted s unit for full time living in Hot and Cold climates. Wanted a lot of storage and ability to cary SmartCar in the garage. There was no other manufacturer that made a 5th wheel Toybox that met all our requirements. We sliced full time in our JX 450 for two years with only minor problems which were fixed quickly by DRV through Rolling Retreats in Elk City Oklahoma. Heating and cooling was no problem and comfortable living was possible. We had no problems toeing with our 2017 RAM 3500 Dually Diesel with a Curt Q24 5th Wheel. We definitely recommend purchasing thru s well known and respected DRV dealer. Such as Rolling Retreats.
- Ronald Mauldin, Texas

2019-08-11 2014 DRV Mobile Suites 41RSSB4 View Listings

This is my second 5th wheel and the quality of the DVR is very apparent when you live in it full time! Best coach on the market today period!The full size washer dryer is wonderful as the residential double door fridge.In the master there is a full size walk in closet with a dresser which is plenty room for a couples things
- ronkuchel, Texas

2019-06-13 2017 DRV Mobile Suites 36RSSB3 View Listings

We bought a 2017 brand new DRV 39 foot fifth. We previously owned one in 2005 which we sold. How I wish we still had the 2005. Ever since Thor bought DRV the product has been junk. First the slide door between main cabin and BR came off it’s track. Had to cut the wall for that repair. Then the gas water heater wouldn’t light so that had to get fixed. Next was the sensor for the entire a/c had to be replaced. Next was the co/lp sensor had to be replaced and now we’re sitting at an auto repair shop because the main brake line came disconnected and we have no trailer brakes. DO NOT buy DRV. It could be hazardous to your health. I’ll never own another one.
- Wendy Pisto, Utah

2019-05-19 2017 DRV Mobile Suites 44 Nashville View Listings

High Quality Craftsmanship, HIghly Insulated for winter camping, truly a four seasons unit. It has the residential build and feel and you think your setting at home instead of camping. It has lots of storage space and room to entertain no matter where you are and its a great unit for full time or just vacation getaways. If you can find a good used one that’s the best kind as someone else can take the BIG Depreciation loss so you wont have to. They have done a great job of thinking things thru when building and designing as I cant say that for most manufacturers. The complaints that some people have on here are usually through their own fault of not taking care of their units and doing the required maintenance. Hope you enjoy camping and with this unit you can go wrong
- Roger Tate, Tennessee

2019-05-19 2018 DRV Mobile Suites Sante Fe View Listings

I bought this unit after owning Keystone, Forest River and Dutchman! I love it!!!!!! I’m selling only because I cannot afford it due to illness. It’s beautiful and truly a house on wheels!!!!!! It’s a full timer and offers comfort and depependability! If your looking for the best then it’s a DRV!!
- Laura Emonin, Tennessee

2019-05-15 2017 DRV Mobile Suites 44 Nashville View Listings

The Mobile Suite Nashville 44 floor plan is fantastic and has all the comforts of home. This is a great 4 season unit with heated underbelly that allows winter camping without pipes freezing. This is a quality and well built unit with three and half inch wooden stud walls just like house. It has lots of features like half bath, induction, lots of storage space just a overall great unit.
- Roger, Kentucky

2019-05-14 2017 DRV Mobile Suites Aire 44 Nashville View Listings

I love this RV and the floor plan feels so much like living in a luxury home. The quality if high above other manufacturers. It tows like a dream and has all the conveniences of home. Highly recommend this unit and model to anyone wanting to hit the road and make lifetime memories.
- Ken Goff, Tennessee

2019-03-31 2017 DRV Mobile Suites 38RSSA View Listings

After living in it 2 years, still has a musty wood smell I thought would dissipate because it was new when I purchased. The reeking smell gets in our clothes, is aggravating. These unit set on an open lot caulk for months waiting for paint. Then they are are caulk with acrylic base caulk. It cracks easy and must be re caulked ASAP. I'm told this is the DRV smell. I spent 1.5 years trying to stop wet insulation in the belly. Pulling the freshwater tank I found the plastic vent fitting the over flow hose connects to was mashed before installation causing water to spill into the enclosed cavity. I'm certified in mold remediation, haven't found any but was kicked off a DRV Owners Group page for mentioning it. The 1st day I drove it home the marker lights fell out, the hole are larger than the light garments. I week later the main AC quit. Took 2 month for the warranty to replace it at the dealer. For spending 120K plus, I rather have a much cheaper unit. It would be fairly nice now if I can get rid of this darn smell.
- David Sikes, Oklahoma

2019-03-28 2007 DRV Select Suites 36TK3 View Listings

When I was shopping for RV's, this RV had the nicest finish out of all the RV's in this class. It has a large slide out on both sides of the living area and kitchen which opens to the living area to feel like a small apartment. It has a large island with a double sink and beautiful countertops. Mine has a side-by-side stainless steel refrigerator with an ice maker. There are plenty of cabinets and storage. The dining area is across from the kitchen and includes four chairs with storage under the seats and a nice wood table. There are two recliners and a sofa that folds down to a bed. The seating area faces an entertainment area that has a large flat-screen and surround-sound. There is extra storage cabinets above the sofa. Mine has a washer and dryer in a cabinet by the front door. I added an automatic retractable cover that slides out to create a large lounge area outside the front door. In the middle of the RV, you go up two steps and the potty room is on the right and shower on the left. There are two dividers to keep this area private from the rest of the RV. There is a freestanding sink, mirror and cabinet next to the potty room. The bedroom is large with it's own air conditioner and an almost king size bed. There is a TV and closet and cabinets for storage including storage under the bed. The RV has hydraulic jacks to level and it makes hooking up to your truck a breeze. This unit, while quite large, is dual tandem not difficult to pull.
- Danny Blaser, Texas

2019-02-24 2014 DRV Mobile Suites Tradition 375KPS View Listings

Had leaf springs fall out 1st year & 2 leaking slides. Discovered another camper with a Mobile Suites who had to replace his rotting slides & was told they were improperly installed. We also discovered another used one sitting on a lot with the seller disclosing a leakage problem. Manufacture gave little to no help to resolve problems
- Karen, Michigan

2019-01-27 2017 DRV Elite Suites 40KSSB4 View Listings

From day 1 problems, took 1st trip, hy hoses bust, jacks wont work, repaired while on road, no electric outlet in closet for dysonmounted vaccum. Brought back to dealer for hy trouble,explore USA in mesquite kept it 2 months and 1 day, on the way home trim work comes off, nails stick into couch, shelves broken in bathroom closet, now slide is not calibrated right, they took out all insulation from floor because floor saturated with hy fluid. Beautiful unit, to bad its junk.WE did do a lot of research, but when its a lemon what can you do. The quality is gone in the making of a luxury unit.
- Marge, Texas

2019-01-16 2018 DRV Mobile Suites 36RSSB3 View Listings

I gave only 4 stars for warranty because we had difficulties with dealership and DRV with issue that came FROM the factory. I credit me being a total pain in the butt to get satisfaction AND the issue fixed. Our Mobile Suites is absolutely wonderful! Such a solid rig! Easy to pull. High end everything!
- Suse, Washington