DRV RVs Reviews (59)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with DRV RVs Reviews and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of these RVs.

Robert Wisniewski from Michigan says:

Have you owned any DRV RVs? Write a review

Voted Most Helpful Review 2016 DRV Mobile Suites 40KSSB4 View Listings

This is our second drv the first was a 36-foot model mobile Suites. I had to fix numerous items in that trailer. We have purchased a 40-foot drv and again I have had to fix numerous things in the trailer I would make a list except it would be too long. When you put something out there at a list price of $100,000 or better you should get something more from your money than this.
- Robert Wisniewski, Michigan

2019-12-10 2013 DRV Mobile Suites 36RSSB3 View Listings

Purchased a 1990 Holiday Rambler new every little problems Lived in it from state to state job related Figured it was Time to replace figured I would look at The DRVs Went to factory watched assembly was not too impressed Asked why wiring not in a Harness instead just looking like thrown in under made a few other questions They didn't have answers But I still bought one special order Some of the worst Craftsmanship I have seen for a Unit you pay that kind of price for,Cabinet not square,Roof leaked (I had a fiberglass installed)Side wall above Entrance door Separated (DRVs response it's not hurt Structurally) I wanted a new wall would not do This all happened under Warranty 1st year out They fixed the Roof leak and Cabinets I have replaced the Bathroom door Hinges 2 times with the cheap ones that they use I finally had enough And went and found some good quality hinges and put on Bedroom Slide out Wall dropped Took to Shop the floor has rotted out DRVs Could care less Once you take Delivery Trying to talk to Someone became a waste after they Sold to Thor Would not return calls Always an Excuse I am very disappointed in DRVs They need to spend 5 minutes more on Quality control Like the Saying goes Buyer Beware You are spending a lot So check and double check Ask Them to Have more pride in their work
- Bill, Pennsylvania

2019-11-26 2020 DRV Mobile Suites 40KSSB4 View Listings

We loved the fifth wheel when we bought it but were a little let down with some of the workmanship and finishes inside. But the worst thing is the appalling customer service at DRV. We had some smaller issues like cupboard door closers falling off, leaking shower, terrible silicone jobs in kitchen and bathroom that had to be redone, carpet coming up, incorrect tv installation and silicone left all over our shower door and sides and shower head. But the two big things were a battery disconnect that doesn’t work and bad wheel alignment causing one tyre to wear. This is only a few months old. We’ve already been through two tyres and have had to jump start the trailer on multiple occasions because battery is dead. Have left approx 7-8 phone messages for DRV and spent a lot of time on many many occasions trying to talk to someone there and they do NOT get back to us at all. It’s disgraceful. Customer service is non existent. I wouldn’t recommend.
- Alison Leadbetter, Ontario

2019-11-23 2017 DRV Mobile Suites 36RSSB3 View Listings

Had a 2004 DRV mobile suite which we lived in for 14 months straight and had ZERO issues with it. So when my husband retired we bought a 2017 mobile suite and have already spent $7,000 in repairs with the biggest issue being the trailer brakes snapping off at random, draining all the hydraulic fluid and leaving us with NO trailer brakes. DO not buy ANYTHING made by Thor. They are death traps and because we were outside the warranty period they basically told us tough. The failure occurred this summer (2019) as we were driving down the interstate and we had to emergency brake only to find we had none. Luckily my husband has driven big rigs and was able to get us off the highway and into the emergency lane before we ran up on top of the car in front of us. And Thor is doing nothing as we have also heard from more than a dozen people who have had the same issue. Some day somebody is going to be killed due to this issue and I hope Thor is named as an accessory.
- Wendy S Bradley, Utah

2019-09-26 2014 DRV Mobile Suites 38RSSA View Listings

We purchased used (1 previous owner) from a reputable dealer in Elk City, OK. After 5 years of researching for the best 5th wheel on the market, we determined DRV was #1 and set out to own one. The community of DRV owners we came to know was an added bonus. This rig was built with full time living in mind. Couldn't be happier that we have had the opportunity to enjoy owning one.
- Marcellino, Maryland

2019-09-16 2017 DRV FullHouse JX450 View Listings

We decided on purchasing a DRV because of its substructure; frame size, Axel strength, breaking system, wall structure and insulation. We wanted s unit for full time living in Hot and Cold climates. Wanted a lot of storage and ability to cary SmartCar in the garage. There was no other manufacturer that made a 5th wheel Toybox that met all our requirements. We sliced full time in our JX 450 for two years with only minor problems which were fixed quickly by DRV through Rolling Retreats in Elk City Oklahoma. Heating and cooling was no problem and comfortable living was possible. We had no problems toeing with our 2017 RAM 3500 Dually Diesel with a Curt Q24 5th Wheel. We definitely recommend purchasing thru s well known and respected DRV dealer. Such as Rolling Retreats.
- Ronald Mauldin, Texas

2019-08-11 2014 DRV Mobile Suites 41RSSB4 View Listings

This is my second 5th wheel and the quality of the DVR is very apparent when you live in it full time! Best coach on the market today period!The full size washer dryer is wonderful as the residential double door fridge.In the master there is a full size walk in closet with a dresser which is plenty room for a couples things
- ronkuchel, Texas

2019-06-13 2017 DRV Mobile Suites 36RSSB3 View Listings

We bought a 2017 brand new DRV 39 foot fifth. We previously owned one in 2005 which we sold. How I wish we still had the 2005. Ever since Thor bought DRV the product has been junk. First the slide door between main cabin and BR came off it’s track. Had to cut the wall for that repair. Then the gas water heater wouldn’t light so that had to get fixed. Next was the sensor for the entire a/c had to be replaced. Next was the co/lp sensor had to be replaced and now we’re sitting at an auto repair shop because the main brake line came disconnected and we have no trailer brakes. DO NOT buy DRV. It could be hazardous to your health. I’ll never own another one.
- Wendy Pisto, Utah

2019-05-19 2017 DRV Mobile Suites 44 Nashville View Listings

High Quality Craftsmanship, HIghly Insulated for winter camping, truly a four seasons unit. It has the residential build and feel and you think your setting at home instead of camping. It has lots of storage space and room to entertain no matter where you are and its a great unit for full time or just vacation getaways. If you can find a good used one that’s the best kind as someone else can take the BIG Depreciation loss so you wont have to. They have done a great job of thinking things thru when building and designing as I cant say that for most manufacturers. The complaints that some people have on here are usually through their own fault of not taking care of their units and doing the required maintenance. Hope you enjoy camping and with this unit you can go wrong
- Roger Tate, Tennessee

2019-05-19 2018 DRV Mobile Suites Sante Fe View Listings

I bought this unit after owning Keystone, Forest River and Dutchman! I love it!!!!!! I’m selling only because I cannot afford it due to illness. It’s beautiful and truly a house on wheels!!!!!! It’s a full timer and offers comfort and depependability! If your looking for the best then it’s a DRV!!
- Laura Emonin, Tennessee

2019-05-15 2017 DRV Mobile Suites 44 Nashville View Listings

The Mobile Suite Nashville 44 floor plan is fantastic and has all the comforts of home. This is a great 4 season unit with heated underbelly that allows winter camping without pipes freezing. This is a quality and well built unit with three and half inch wooden stud walls just like house. It has lots of features like half bath, induction, lots of storage space just a overall great unit.
- Roger, Kentucky

2019-05-14 2017 DRV Mobile Suites Aire 44 Nashville View Listings

I love this RV and the floor plan feels so much like living in a luxury home. The quality if high above other manufacturers. It tows like a dream and has all the conveniences of home. Highly recommend this unit and model to anyone wanting to hit the road and make lifetime memories.
- Ken Goff, Tennessee

2019-03-31 2017 DRV Mobile Suites 38RSSA View Listings

After living in it 2 years, still has a musty wood smell I thought would dissipate because it was new when I purchased. The reeking smell gets in our clothes, is aggravating. These unit set on an open lot caulk for months waiting for paint. Then they are are caulk with acrylic base caulk. It cracks easy and must be re caulked ASAP. I'm told this is the DRV smell. I spent 1.5 years trying to stop wet insulation in the belly. Pulling the freshwater tank I found the plastic vent fitting the over flow hose connects to was mashed before installation causing water to spill into the enclosed cavity. I'm certified in mold remediation, haven't found any but was kicked off a DRV Owners Group page for mentioning it. The 1st day I drove it home the marker lights fell out, the hole are larger than the light garments. I week later the main AC quit. Took 2 month for the warranty to replace it at the dealer. For spending 120K plus, I rather have a much cheaper unit. It would be fairly nice now if I can get rid of this darn smell.
- David Sikes, Oklahoma

2019-03-28 2007 DRV Select Suites 36TK3 View Listings

When I was shopping for RV's, this RV had the nicest finish out of all the RV's in this class. It has a large slide out on both sides of the living area and kitchen which opens to the living area to feel like a small apartment. It has a large island with a double sink and beautiful countertops. Mine has a side-by-side stainless steel refrigerator with an ice maker. There are plenty of cabinets and storage. The dining area is across from the kitchen and includes four chairs with storage under the seats and a nice wood table. There are two recliners and a sofa that folds down to a bed. The seating area faces an entertainment area that has a large flat-screen and surround-sound. There is extra storage cabinets above the sofa. Mine has a washer and dryer in a cabinet by the front door. I added an automatic retractable cover that slides out to create a large lounge area outside the front door. In the middle of the RV, you go up two steps and the potty room is on the right and shower on the left. There are two dividers to keep this area private from the rest of the RV. There is a freestanding sink, mirror and cabinet next to the potty room. The bedroom is large with it's own air conditioner and an almost king size bed. There is a TV and closet and cabinets for storage including storage under the bed. The RV has hydraulic jacks to level and it makes hooking up to your truck a breeze. This unit, while quite large, is dual tandem not difficult to pull.
- Danny Blaser, Texas

2019-02-24 2014 DRV Mobile Suites Tradition 375KPS View Listings

Had leaf springs fall out 1st year & 2 leaking slides. Discovered another camper with a Mobile Suites who had to replace his rotting slides & was told they were improperly installed. We also discovered another used one sitting on a lot with the seller disclosing a leakage problem. Manufacture gave little to no help to resolve problems
- Karen, Michigan

2019-01-27 2017 DRV Elite Suites 40KSSB4 View Listings

From day 1 problems, took 1st trip, hy hoses bust, jacks wont work, repaired while on road, no electric outlet in closet for dysonmounted vaccum. Brought back to dealer for hy trouble,explore USA in mesquite kept it 2 months and 1 day, on the way home trim work comes off, nails stick into couch, shelves broken in bathroom closet, now slide is not calibrated right, they took out all insulation from floor because floor saturated with hy fluid. Beautiful unit, to bad its junk.WE did do a lot of research, but when its a lemon what can you do. The quality is gone in the making of a luxury unit.
- Marge, Texas

2019-01-16 2018 DRV Mobile Suites 36RSSB3 View Listings

I gave only 4 stars for warranty because we had difficulties with dealership and DRV with issue that came FROM the factory. I credit me being a total pain in the butt to get satisfaction AND the issue fixed. Our Mobile Suites is absolutely wonderful! Such a solid rig! Easy to pull. High end everything!
- Suse, Washington

2018-11-06 2009 DRV Mobile Suites 36RSSB3 View Listings

Very comfortable and homey. We love the openness of our rear living area. When we exchanged the sofa for a power reclining love seat (with usb connections on each side) and dining room suite it gave us an even better view and did not interfere with the slides. The kitchen is very comfortable to work in because the island is open ended and everything is in arms reach. The amount of storage in EVERY room is terrific as well as under the unit. Our washer/dryer is in the middle across from the bathroom and this works much better than having it at the end of the unit. We are full timers and are extremely pleased with the construction, sound proofing, and ability to level our home. No rocking and swaying when moving about.
- Jimmy Jackson, Georgia

2018-11-04 2008 DRV Mobile Suites 36TK3 View Listings

We lived full time in our Mobile Suites, both on and off the grid. It was beautiful, comfy, well-built and high quality. We never regretted buying a DRV and we would buy another DRV without hesitation.
- David Burke, Tennessee

2018-08-29 2006 DRV Mobile Suites 36TK3 View Listings

Excellent overall great amenities can actually live in it full time very reliable and manufactory very helpful recommend it because great workmanship you will love it we have had very few problems with it and just called factory for help
- Jon Newberry, California

2018-07-17 2009 DRV Mobile Suites 36TKSB3 View Listings

I have just been reviewing the problems that I have had on this 5th wheel since new, I have at least 300 e-mails covering everything from water leaks in the plumbing, to Hydraulic issues etc. Now my hinged Windows [5] are separating at the gasket, essentially allowing the outer window to flop, am very concerned about it coming off the top hinge, and can you believe, the winbow pn is on the interior of the frame, so you have to remove the whole window b4 you can order an replacement, and when I contacted DRV about them failing, all I got was you have an 1 yr warranty. BS to replace this rig today it would be 180k$, its sticker price when I bought it was 130K$ paid 90k$ but they talk about quality, they don't know what the word means. Windows are made by HEHR now owned by Lippert Industries, all they offered was an telephone # for an window dealer. VERY FRUSTRATED owner.
- Gary Wooldridge, Washington

2018-07-10 2014 DRV Tradition 340RES View Listings

**CAUTION** DO NOT Purchase one of their units. They do not stand by their product (that is a huge investment for people.) **NOTE - Their customer testimonials are all before they were bought out..** They have a KNOWN issues and don 't tell their customers. Within the first year, our front cap started to badly fade (brown paint color). I contacted DRV multiple times about this issue during that first year. They kept telling me it probably needs a good wash and wax. We spent more than $2,000 over a two year period trying to get the front cap to shine again. NOW we find out this was a KNOWN 2014 paint issue from the manufacturer. I contacted them again and confirmed they were aware of this issue. They stated its not a safety issue and has been too long. "Maybe if it was within the first year or two we could have done something." They really don't care at all that this was a KNOW issue. Seemed bothered that I would be contacting them about this issue after owning my unit for 4 years. Hell I just wanted to know how to fix it. Terrible customer service. - Good luck to you if you actually buy one.
- Dylan Massey, Texas

2018-06-04 2017 DRV Mobile Suites 32TK3 View Listings

DRV is one of many Thor industries line of RV’s. Thor consolidation is the worst thing to happen to RV industry. Money driven not quality! Our 2017 Mobile Suites cost $135,000. Would I spend kind of money again, NO! The coach has good bones, but the line construction was absolutely horrible. Junk found in the duct work, screws coming out all over the exterior, caulking failing everywhere, poor valve for water delivery, poor to average carpentry when using high quality wood, plumbing in general poorly installed and no better than entry level at best, laminate flooring was poorly installed, slides were not installed properly at factory and out of alignment. For this amount of money none of this should be happening. Management just does not give a s%&t. These are very heavy coaches and you need one ton dully. I would recommend the Luxe if your want to spend this kind of money. Otherwise go with ARTIC Fox, Grand Design, etc. if you can stay away from anything in the Thor conglomant of RV companies, do it. Lastly, if an RV builder does not trust in their quality enough to give it a full 2 year warranty, don’t buy it. Mike
- Mike, Colorado

2018-06-04 2017 DRV Mobile Suites 32TK3 View Listings

DRV is one of many Thor industries line of RV’s. Thor consolidation is the worst thing to happen to RV industry. Money driven not quality! Our 2017 Mobile Suites cost $135,000. Would I spend kind of money again, NO! The coach has good bones, but the line construction was absolutely horrible. Junk found in the duct work, screws coming out all over the exterior, caulking failing everywhere, poor valve for water delivery, poor to average carpentry when using high quality wood, plumbing in general poorly installed and no better than entry level at best, laminate flooring was poorly installed, slides were not installed properly at factory and out of alignment. For this amount of money none of this should be happening. Management just does not care in the slightest. These are very heavy coaches and you need one ton dully. I would recommend the Luxe if your want to spend this kind of money. Otherwise go with ARTIC Fox, Grand Design, etc. if you can stay away from anything in the Thor conglomant of RV companies, do it. Lastly, if an RV builder does not trust in their quality enough to give it a full 2 year warranty, don’t buy it. Mike
- Mike, Colorado

2018-01-14 2015 DRV Tradition 375KPS View Listings

We have had a lot of issues with slides. Fantastic fan knocking. Seals around slides are having to be replaced again. Furniture was too big and hit slide. Bulbs burning out all the time. Theater seating hit island and made a hole in wall. Kitchen slide hitting pantry door and tearing trim off. Now bottom of slides rotting out. Contacted DRV before and after warranty. With no resolve. Paid a big price thought we were getting an above average product. The old saying “you get what you pay for “ is not the case here.
- GenevaStewart , Alabama