Roadtrek Reviews on RV Insider (63)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Roadtrek RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Rod Coelho from Idaho says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2015 Roadtrek Popular 190 View Listings

The Dometic refrigerator was not able to keep our food under 40 degrees F in weather above 80 degrees F. I had to replace this refrigerator with a Nova Kool refrigerator that works fantastic. Every cabinet and closet door inside the RV has malfunctioned at one time or another. Had to replace all of the latches. The air conditioner failed to work in any locations with high humidity. Sewer leaks were developed in the first 10,000 miles. Had to replace all of the sewer line vales. The plastic external door trim on the bottom of the passenger door warped and pulled away from the RV body. Made the coach look cheap and demonstrated poor assembly methods. Floor in from of the sink where the shower drain is located squeaks and flexes whenever you walk on it. Very annoying. Roadtrek takes no responsibility for any of these problems nor do they have any remorce for the inconvenience and hardships caused by their poor design and installation methods.
- Rod Coelho, Idaho

2020-10-17 2018 Roadtrek Roadtrek CS Adventurous View Listings

I bought the longer time listing ($99) thinking I might need the extra time. Didn't have to. My RV sold within days and I got full asking price. Way to go RV Trader! I had many people look at it and offered prices!
- Bernard Aguilar, California

2020-10-13 2019 Roadtrek Roadtrek SS Agile View Listings

I was extremely fortunate to locate and buy my SS Agile Roadtrek. This company is very advanced in total Lithium options with no LP Or generator. It’s less than 20 feet long so parks anywhere. It has auto start for the alternator lithium battery charging if they run to low. Massive solar and “2” 3000 watt inverters. Along with induction cooktop. 8 lithium 100 amp batteries. Boon-docking is simple With plenty of electricity for cooking, hot water, heating and A/C. I love my SS Agile by Roadtrek
- Sanat Kumara, California

2020-09-19 2018 Roadtrek Roadtrek SS Agile View Listings

With so many people interested in purchasing an RV, I wanted to share my 1 year experience with my 2018 Roadtrek SS Agile, with 7K miles, 300W solar, 400Ah Ecotrek system with Voltstart and Propane cooktop
- Vinay Rathore, California

2020-08-29 2002 Roadtrek Popular 190 View Listings

I've now had this vehicle 4 years and taken it to Alaska, Oregon and Florida twice. The Dodge vehicle is excellent. However, Roadtrek design, workmanship and choice of components is very poor and in some cases dangerous. When I installed a solar system, I found that all of the wires connected to breakers had overheated and the insulation was melted off. Roadtrek's response to this fire hazard was to blame the component manufacturer, but legally Roadtrek was responsible for choosing the component which clearly was incapable of performing in the electrical system Roadtrek designed. Many others complained of this defect. The awning simply fell off the vehicle. It was only held in place by 4 pieces of double sided tape! The dropped floor becomes very hot to the touch because it is too close to the exhaust system. Beware not to allow your pets to lay on the dropped floor while driving. All components (water pump, water heater, side windows, stove, etc. will have to be replaced at 18 years. Roadtrek chose the cheapest possible components. Any time repairs are made we see that the factory workmanship revealed when trim is removed is incredibly poor. This company deserved to go out of business
- ROBERT HEUCK, Ohio

2020-05-24 2018 Roadtrek E-trek Agile View Listings

Great RV for travel. Really liked that it can park anywhere there is a parking space. Stealth camping much easier with the HOA friendly version of no on top AC unit not awning. The exterior shower door on the driver side is the only item that has an RV fell to it. As easy to drive and park as a van or large pickup truck. The under carriage AC unit kept our height low enough that in Zion National Park we could go through the tunnels without a guide vehicle. Size was also a plus in that the fuel milage was really good at around 20-25 MPG. The storage spaces are all very well thought out and provide ample space to keep belongings (if you move stuff around each time). Downside was that we purchsed to live in and travel. This is NOT a live in full time (for us) vehicle as there is not a lot of space for 2 to store stuff and not have to move things around in ooder to get to other things. We did research and there are others that are doing it with no issues but a little cramped for us. Great RV for trips but not enough, for us, to full time in.
- Lonnie, Tennessee

2020-03-11 2016 Roadtrek Zion Ram Promaster View Listings

We have loved this RV from the moment we purchased it in August 2016. It is easy to drive with cruise control and 6 speed automatic transmission and front wheel drive. Great gas mileage at mpg = 17. It has a short turning radius & at 21ft length you can park in a normal space with minimal overhang. At 9.5ft height it does not fit into "normal" garage opening so inside storage is challenging.The Dodge RAM Promaster chassis with V6/3.6 L gas engine has performed outstanding with regular (5K) synthetic oil changes. It has a built in GPS and backup camera and a tow hitch with wiring. The floor plan is great with a front facing rear power sofa with 2 side benches for sleeping as 2 twin beds or 1 queen bed. The table can be setup between the front cab swivel seats or in the rear by the sofa. The most outstanding feature is the SPACIOUS storage everywhere - above & under beds, hanging clothes wardrobe, huge pot / pan drawer, pullout pantry, and shelves under sink / stove. The complete bathroom with shower is nice and there is also an outside shower. The kitchen galley has a sink and 2 burner propane stove and includes a foldout counter extension. We have constant hot water with an on demand water heater. The 200W solar panel and underhood generator produces power for the 400amp AGM coach battery making boondocking simple. The 6cu ft refrigerator / freezer runs great on battery or 110. The LED lights are everywhere and use little power. Multiple plugs allow charging devices easy. Roadtrek has carefully designed the ZION model with 37gal fresh water tank, 10gal black tank & 23gal grey tank - emptying the tanks is easy with a pump and macerator hose. It has Propane Dometic furnace (16,000 BTU) and Roof-mounted 110 V Air Conditioner (11,000 BTU). The 12ft power awning is great for shade when sitting outside. There are Automatic power steps for both front cab and side doors and the screen package with Sliding screen door for side entry and removable screen for rear cargo doors make for great ventilation. Our RV also has a Fantastic ventilation Fan with rain sensor. Cooking is easy with a Microwave (110 V, 0.7 cu. ft., 700 W). The 24" HD TV and CD Player require a 110 V power source. We added Rear Sumo springs for additional suspension & ride comfort. This Roadtrek ZION has all the comforts of home as a "house on wheels". ENJOY!
- Bill Abbott, Nebraska

2020-02-29 2012 Roadtrek Popular 210 View Listings

The best thing about having a Class B RV is that it's so easy to drive and is economical. When we had a larger RV, we had a lot of situations where we couldn't park at a store because they thought we were going to stay overnight, so we didn't feel welcome. This rig isn't any longer than the van we used to have, and it's just a bit wider. It has some clever technology like a heat pump air conditioner, and a solar roof panel that helps keep the batteries charged. It has clever storage, too, and it even has an outdoor shower. A really fun rig!
- Kim Carlson, Washington

2020-02-25 2018 Roadtrek Roadtrek SS Agile View Listings

April 1 2019 We took off for a West Coast turn Around. 27 States, 21 National Parks, 11,000 miles in 90days 17MPG average. South Florida to RT 66, 4 Corners, All the parks near by. Newport Beach CA to Portland OR to Yellowstone, Little Big Horn, Rushmore, Crazy Horse, Rock Port IL. Dollywood TN, Lake Norman to Charleston SC, Orman Beach FL to Pompano Beach. No complaints, no problems.

2019-12-19 2016 Roadtrek Agile SS View Listings

I've had the 2016 RT SS Agile for about a year now. To sum it up; I love it, it's my 2nd home. However, not going to fluff this. RT is not the best brand but it does not have to be. You can spend 10s of thousands more and get the Pleasure-Way but you can get a nice used on for way less. I've driven both the Zion and currently own the Agile. I prefer the Agile--on Mercedes platform. Though I did like the Zion based on Dodge Promaster but overall drivability and power on the Sprinter is better. But the floorplan is very similar; both have folding bed. Only thing I wished the Agile had was a bigger fridge. Everything else is similar. Also, I really love the Ecotrek system 200Ah lithium. There are some minor quirks with both the Sprinter and House (Agile). First, the underhood generator system is a 2nd alternator with regulator pair. Mine went bad, ordered new on eBay but also installed a 2nd charging system via the main battery underneath the driver's seat. Added a BlueSea battery separator with cutoff. Now I don't need to worry about charging the lithium even when the underhood system fail. Overall, I am very happy with the purchase of my Agile, it's my home away from home. Longest time on the road with my Agile was over a month, and I rarely missed home, and saved tons of money by not staying at a hotel in NYC. BTW, you can park it on the streets of NY and stealth camp, no one bothers you. Just make some custom cut Reflectix and put them on all the windows when you part on the street. BTW, buy used with low miles and save tons of money.
- John Kim, North Carolina

2019-11-27 2016 Roadtrek Popular 190 View Listings

A great vehicle that handles like a car. Very easy to park and maneuver. Has everything that you need to go on long trips and save money on hotel rooms. Gas mileage is also surprisingly high. Very comfortable in the sleeping area. It has always been maintained and serviced. Just had a complete Detail and inspection! Love it....
- Joe, New York

2019-11-13 2001 Roadtrek Popular 190 View Listings

The Roadtrek is a great road tripping car with comfortable seats and a comfortable ride. Without the third seat it really opens up the interior and makes it much easier to get in and out if from the side door. The interior is in great shape and it looks very clean and nice. The interior items like the fan, air conditioner and kitchen appliances all work great. I really love this vehicle and wouldn't sell it if I wasn't looking for something bigger.
- Sonia Arnold, California

2019-09-26 2009 Roadtrek Popular 170 View Listings

I have loved this Roadtrek; it is an excellent way to camp in an RV, with minimal fuss. The Roadtrek's are beautifully designed in Canada on a solid Chevy chassis, with comfort and practicality in mind. A big plus of this smallest of the fleet, is that it easily parks on the street or in the driveway, no HOA complaints (!). I am a small (5') woman of a certain age, and the van is easy to drive, handles really well -- despite the added weight of a full kitchen, bathroom, bedroom, air-conditioner, closets & storage. I have also found it NOT to be a gas guzzler, as I thought it might be.
- Peggy, Texas

2019-09-10 2012 Roadtrek Roadtrek RS Adventurous View Listings

We have driven this and a previous Roadtrek Adventurous over 140,000 miles. Yes it needs care but the adventures in this size vehicle were fabulous. This is not a vehicle to park for weeks rather it is to discovery the U.S. and Canada. A Class B diesel vehicel is the bomb!
- Janice, Florida

2019-08-21 2018 Roadtrek Roadtrek RS Adventurous View Listings

well contained, easy to drive. Major problem was company going belly up so there is no longer a 6 year warranty. Cabinet door fell off. Screws to short. Covers for front windows are very heavy and difficult to place on front windows. Have to use bungee cords to keep pantry door and 2 draws closed while driving. I purchased the 2018 Roadtrek RS Adventurous in November, 2018. Roadtrek went belly up Feb. 2019. Leisure Travel was my second choice. Wish I had gone with them. Rapido Group, France purchased Roadtrek but have not said a word to past and current Roadtrek owners.
- Marjorie voss, Texas

2019-08-09 2016 Roadtrek Zion SRT View Listings

I recently purchased the Zion 2016 and just came back from a 5 week road trip to Newfoundland and the Cabot trail. I love the van, the space and found the king bed to be as comfortable then my bed at home. I had some problems in the past with the charging the lithium batteries which cost me $1,000 to repair. Of course Roadtrek was out of business so I had to pay. However, it was fixed quickly and s&%t happens I especially like the large fridge that was jammed full and kept everything icy cold and the freezer frozen solid. I put on 7500 km and besides filling it up with gas it ran like a top. I love driving the van as its comfortable and smooth Andrew
- Andrew Poultney, Ontario

2019-07-30 2009 Roadtrek Popular 190 View Listings

Bought this used RV two years ago and enjoyed it immensely. We have been from Maine to Florida, Kentucky, and Tennessee visiting friends and seeing the sights. It is a very well built vehicle and the quality of the coach is great. The coach batteries are two years old and the chassis one is one year old. I've added a bug deflector, window shields, and a full front floor mat. This will be a great RV for someone looking for dependability and quality.
- John J McGrath, Pennsylvania

2019-07-12 2018 Roadtrek Roadtrek SS Agile View Listings

We bought a SS Agile Ecotek 400 Oct 2018. Using it as a daily driver just to get used to it was a breeze. My wife drives a MB GLK 350, the Sprinter uses the same dash and steering wheel. She hopped in and took off, she loves to drive the Agile. The seats and bed are great. We did get a feather pillow topper for the bed and sleep great. Everything everyone says about the Sprinter is spot on; What would one expect from Mercedes other than greatness. We took a 75 day west coast turn around, 27 states a dozens of State and National parks. The Lithium Ion - Volt Start system was great for the all parks without any hookups(all of the National parks)No one ever complained about the engine noise when the under hood generator kicked in. AC is a big deal for us. The AC can run 4 - 5 hours on batteries. The only thing you need to remember when using the volt start is to be sure the radio and auto headlights are off before one turns in for the night. The first time we did this was in a friends driveway at 5am the radio was blasting and the headlights were on shining in our friends bedroom windows. Lesson learned the AC and the propane heat work great, it was in the 40's at night in Yosemite and Yellowstone, high 70s int he day. The only Bummer was that Roadtrek went into receivership last Feb 2019 so any warranty at purchase was gone. The Roadside Servce was a third party so that is good until next Oct 2019. We purchased an Open Road Bumper to Bumper warranty that even covers the MB chassis. Roadtrek was/is not an authorized Mercedes Benz Service agent so any modifications to the Mercedes Benz Chassis is not covered by Mercedes or Roadtrek. Beware of the dealer supplied third party warranty on pre 2019 Roadtrek they are BS! Many of the the third party warranties like Good Sam or Camping World are no good because the Roadtrek or MB factory warranties are no longer in place. The sales people lie, look it up for your self. We paid $3,000 for a new brand name, top of the line inverter/charger when the factory unit fried after six months and 7000 miles. Mike Thompson's shop near Newport CA did a great job, but no warranty coverage; ouch. We chose the the best unit to be sure not to hurt the Lithium batteries. Everything has worked great since. the Sprinter has a super onboard computer that tracks everything. Our trip total was 11,300 miles, 330 engine hours and 17 mpg with a 35mph ave speed. It also tracks daily or every time one starts the motor. We want to sell it now because we found a nice cabin near Ashville, NC and the VA med center. We still drive it daily.

2019-07-10 2015 Roadtrek Popular 210 View Listings

JUST A WELL THOUGHT OUT CLASS B I have no personal or business affiliation with the manufacturer of this RV, nor have I been offered any payment of incentive by such manufacturers to submit this review. My submission only discusses the RV and does not discuss other people or dealership
- MRM, Florida

2019-07-10 2018 Roadtrek Roadtrek SS Agile View Listings

75 days, 11,000 miles, 27 states, 6 national parks. 17.6 mpg. What's not to love? SS Agile is a great 2 person rv. Good off the grid range in hot or cold weather. 16 gal. Propane tank lasted 60 days in 50* weather.

2019-05-20 2009 Roadtrek Popular 210 View Listings

Hello me look a buy the small motor Home. You have titles clear and the van is no salvage. This van camper al equipment is good, the tires is good,Me have offer ,I have $$28,000.oo USD. You ok the deal send me. Thank J-Y.
- Jean-Yves Bisson, Quebec

2019-04-29 2018 Roadtrek Zion SRT View Listings

Best Class B available Has Lithium battery packs and voltstart that allow A/C to be run off battery for hours. Great engine, good fuel mileage, king size bed, induction cooktop. Allows mostly propane free operation. If plugged into shore power you can heat the van and hot water from electricity. Only use propane if you need fast heat. Great Class B camper van.
- Alan Thomas, Missouri

2019-02-16 2018 Roadtrek Roadtrek Simplicity SRT View Listings

[Dealer] and Roadtrek Motorhomes have destroyed everything I have spent decades building. Here is my #VanLife story: https://www.loganlynnmusic.com/2019/02/my-movie-star-tour-2019-canceled/ If anyone here has ANY ideas for me, I am all ears (and tears).
- Logan Lynn, Oregon

2019-01-29 2011 Roadtrek SS Ideal View Listings

WE find this unit on a M Sprinter chassis and push out bedroom (open back doors) is practical for a couple that does not mind being cozy - the van handles well, is economical and easy to park anywhere. While water capacities are limited they are adequate for dry camping for a night or two. The propane generator is quiet (most campgrounds have time restrictions) - lithium batteries and solar panels would be preferred. All in all well designed and good value for "compact" camping.
- Peter Krahn, Arizona

2019-01-24 1999 Roadtrek Versatile 200 View Listings

This is my second Roadtrek, previous 190 Popular. These are wonderful for easy driving, good gas mileage, and easy/discreet parking. Has Everything the big ones have. The storage space is amazing. Also very insulated keeping the inside temperature same for long periods of time.
- Chris, Arkansas