Roadtrek RVs Reviews (49)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Roadtrek RVs Reviews and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of these RVs.

Rod Coelho from Idaho says:

Have you owned any Roadtrek RVs? Write a review

Voted Most Helpful Review 2015 Roadtrek Popular 190 View Listings

The Dometic refrigerator was not able to keep our food under 40 degrees F in weather above 80 degrees F. I had to replace this refrigerator with a Nova Kool refrigerator that works fantastic. Every cabinet and closet door inside the RV has malfunctioned at one time or another. Had to replace all of the latches. The air conditioner failed to work in any locations with high humidity. Sewer leaks were developed in the first 10,000 miles. Had to replace all of the sewer line vales. The plastic external door trim on the bottom of the passenger door warped and pulled away from the RV body. Made the coach look cheap and demonstrated poor assembly methods. Floor in from of the sink where the shower drain is located squeaks and flexes whenever you walk on it. Very annoying. Roadtrek takes no responsibility for any of these problems nor do they have any remorce for the inconvenience and hardships caused by their poor design and installation methods.
- Rod Coelho, Idaho

2019-08-09 2016 Roadtrek Zion SRT View Listings

I recently purchased the Zion 2016 and just came back from a 5 week road trip to Newfoundland and the Cabot trail. I love the van, the space and found the king bed to be as comfortable then my bed at home. I had some problems in the past with the charging the lithium batteries which cost me $1,000 to repair. Of course Roadtrek was out of business so I had to pay. However, it was fixed quickly and s&%t happens I especially like the large fridge that was jammed full and kept everything icy cold and the freezer frozen solid. I put on 7500 km and besides filling it up with gas it ran like a top. I love driving the van as its comfortable and smooth Andrew
- Andrew Poultney, Ontario

2019-07-30 2009 Roadtrek Popular 190 View Listings

Bought this used RV two years ago and enjoyed it immensely. We have been from Maine to Florida, Kentucky, and Tennessee visiting friends and seeing the sights. It is a very well built vehicle and the quality of the coach is great. The coach batteries are two years old and the chassis one is one year old. I've added a bug deflector, window shields, and a full front floor mat. This will be a great RV for someone looking for dependability and quality.
- John J McGrath, Pennsylvania

2019-07-12 2018 Roadtrek Roadtrek SS Agile View Listings

We bought a SS Agile Ecotek 400 Oct 2018. Using it as a daily driver just to get used to it was a breeze. My wife drives a MB GLK 350, the Sprinter uses the same dash and steering wheel. She hopped in and took off, she loves to drive the Agile. The seats and bed are great. We did get a feather pillow topper for the bed and sleep great. Everything everyone says about the Sprinter is spot on; What would one expect from Mercedes other than greatness. We took a 75 day west coast turn around, 27 states a dozens of State and National parks. The Lithium Ion - Volt Start system was great for the all parks without any hookups(all of the National parks)No one ever complained about the engine noise when the under hood generator kicked in. AC is a big deal for us. The AC can run 4 - 5 hours on batteries. The only thing you need to remember when using the volt start is to be sure the radio and auto headlights are off before one turns in for the night. The first time we did this was in a friends driveway at 5am the radio was blasting and the headlights were on shining in our friends bedroom windows. Lesson learned the AC and the propane heat work great, it was in the 40's at night in Yosemite and Yellowstone, high 70s int he day. The only Bummer was that Roadtrek went into receivership last Feb 2019 so any warranty at purchase was gone. The Roadside Servce was a third party so that is good until next Oct 2019. We purchased an Open Road Bumper to Bumper warranty that even covers the MB chassis. Roadtrek was/is not an authorized Mercedes Benz Service agent so any modifications to the Mercedes Benz Chassis is not covered by Mercedes or Roadtrek. Beware of the dealer supplied third party warranty on pre 2019 Roadtrek they are BS! Many of the the third party warranties like Good Sam or Camping World are no good because the Roadtrek or MB factory warranties are no longer in place. The sales people lie, look it up for your self. We paid $3,000 for a new brand name, top of the line inverter/charger when the factory unit fried after six months and 7000 miles. Mike Thompson's shop near Newport CA did a great job, but no warranty coverage; ouch. We chose the the best unit to be sure not to hurt the Lithium batteries. Everything has worked great since. the Sprinter has a super onboard computer that tracks everything. Our trip total was 11,300 miles, 330 engine hours and 17 mpg with a 35mph ave speed. It also tracks daily or every time one starts the motor. We want to sell it now because we found a nice cabin near Ashville, NC and the VA med center. We still drive it daily.
- Rob O'Neill, Florida

2019-07-10 2015 Roadtrek Popular 210 View Listings

JUST A WELL THOUGHT OUT CLASS B I have no personal or business affiliation with the manufacturer of this RV, nor have I been offered any payment of incentive by such manufacturers to submit this review. My submission only discusses the RV and does not discuss other people or dealership
- MRM, Florida

2019-07-10 2018 Roadtrek Roadtrek SS Agile View Listings

75 days, 11,000 miles, 27 states, 6 national parks. 17.6 mpg. What's not to love? SS Agile is a great 2 person rv. Good off the grid range in hot or cold weather. 16 gal. Propane tank lasted 60 days in 50* weather.
- Rob O'Neill, Florida

2019-05-20 2009 Roadtrek Popular 210 View Listings

Hello me look a buy the small motor Home. You have titles clear and the van is no salvage. This van camper al equipment is good, the tires is good,Me have offer ,I have $$28,000.oo USD. You ok the deal send me. Thank J-Y.
- Jean-Yves Bisson, Quebec

2019-04-29 2018 Roadtrek Zion SRT View Listings

Best Class B available Has Lithium battery packs and voltstart that allow A/C to be run off battery for hours. Great engine, good fuel mileage, king size bed, induction cooktop. Allows mostly propane free operation. If plugged into shore power you can heat the van and hot water from electricity. Only use propane if you need fast heat. Great Class B camper van.
- Alan Thomas, Missouri

2019-02-16 2018 Roadtrek Roadtrek Simplicity SRT View Listings

[Dealer] and Roadtrek Motorhomes have destroyed everything I have spent decades building. Here is my #VanLife story: https://www.loganlynnmusic.com/2019/02/my-movie-star-tour-2019-canceled/ If anyone here has ANY ideas for me, I am all ears (and tears).
- Logan Lynn, Oregon

2019-01-29 2011 Roadtrek SS Ideal View Listings

WE find this unit on a M Sprinter chassis and push out bedroom (open back doors) is practical for a couple that does not mind being cozy - the van handles well, is economical and easy to park anywhere. While water capacities are limited they are adequate for dry camping for a night or two. The propane generator is quiet (most campgrounds have time restrictions) - lithium batteries and solar panels would be preferred. All in all well designed and good value for "compact" camping.
- Peter Krahn, Arizona

2019-01-24 1999 Roadtrek Versatile 200 View Listings

This is my second Roadtrek, previous 190 Popular. These are wonderful for easy driving, good gas mileage, and easy/discreet parking. Has Everything the big ones have. The storage space is amazing. Also very insulated keeping the inside temperature same for long periods of time.
- Chris, Arkansas

2019-01-17 2004 Roadtrek Popular 190 View Listings

This wonderful Roadtrek is the third camper we bought and the best. No rattle after all these years. We have loved this camper. Hope you can enjoy it as much as we did. Easy to park downtown, sleep anywere, no need of campsite, just love it!
- Chantal Breton, Quebec

2019-01-11 2000 Roadtrek Popular 200 View Listings

I would like to thank Jason Williams for his time and making us fill comfortable with our purchas!!! He was very helpful and it was an amazing buying experience thanks again Jason we love our camper and look for to buying from you again when the time is right
- Dezarae Heavens, Washington

2019-01-11 2016 Roadtrek Simplicity 210 View Listings

Popular 210 roof cracks are a ongoing problems. A fair number of owners have fiberglass cracks. Have yours checked immediately. Layout is vert nice but many quality problems as well as poor customer service. Three owners in three years. Not what they use to be. Stay Away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- Gary Alderson, California

2018-12-10 1999 Roadtrek Versatile 200 View Listings

Great interior space. drives like a Honda mini van. Turns on a dime and parks in any lot like a car. Effective and prompt tech support from Thor. Ample room, and all the components work well. easy to manage and care for.
- N Kaars, Florida

2018-11-17 2000 Roadtrek Roadtrek 170 Popular View Listings

We loved our camper, she had everything we needed! Fridge, generator and potty! She did everything we asked and pulled an enclosed trailer 3000 miles with absolutely no problems! Because of my disability I can't move around in it very easy. Which is the only reason we're selling. Has a bunch of new items and very low miles. I feel this will last someone a very long time!
- Virginia (Jeni) Smith, Colorado

2018-10-14 2002 Roadtrek Popular 200 View Listings

Very comfortable to drive long distances 3 way frig. Is great Furnace a little loud but I just use a portable heater & it does the job of keeping you warm Being that it is a Chevy it’s easy to get parts
- Julie, Idaho

2018-09-17 2016 Roadtrek Popular 210 View Listings

Beware when purchasing a “New” Roadtrek On 2/16/17 I purchased my third Roadtrek. I purchased a “NEW” 2016 Roadtrek. Popular 210 from [dealer] in Galion Ohio. The title shows a 2016 Roadtrek Popular on a 2016 Chevrolet Express G3500 chassis with 150 miles on the odometer. I paid Ohio tax on the difference between the new Roadtrek and my trade-in which is only allowed on a “new” vehicle purchase in Ohio. I had every reason to believe that I was the initial purchaser of the vehicle on 2/16/17 and I had a 3 year/ 36,000 mile warranty on it. On 8/13/18 I took it to a local Chevrolet dealer for warranty repair. I was told and shown by the service manager that the warranty had expired since the warranty was activated on 8/2/15 (a year and a half before I purchased my “new” Roadtrek). I purchased it with the understanding that I had a 3 year warranty from the date of purchase. Obviously this was not the case. I think it is very deceptive practice to misrepresent the warranty.
- Gary Rusk, Ohio

2018-08-15 2012 Roadtrek Roadtrek RS Adventurous View Listings

This is our second Roadtrek Adventurous RS and we loved them both. This RV is for traveling and experiencing adventures around North America. From driving around Alaska to visitng the National and State/Provincial parks in the U.S. and Canada this vehicle is perfect. Dry camping is easy with the onboard generator and this vehicle is easy to handle into any area. We replaced the two second seat with two cabinet so we have plenty of storage with a king/queen size bed that is very confortable with a 2 inch topper.
- Janice Wilson, Florida

2018-05-29 2007 Roadtrek Roadtrek 170 Popular View Listings

This is a tight rig that is parking lot friendly and efficient. It takes a little getting used to the limited space, but every bit is used. It does drive like a SUV as advertised with a little more sway side-to-side, but the 15 mpg on the road makes it painless. The credit mostly goes to the base 2500 Express chassis with the 6 L engine. Except for replacing all o2 sensors at over 100K, it just keeps on ticking. Frig is a little weak. Could do without the hot water heater and shower. The stove, microwave, mini toilet, two burner stove are used the most. Gas heating works wonderfully when needed but the heat pump has always been fine down to 40 deg and when it gets hot. Easy rig to boondock with and it will sneak into places most RV owners wish they had but cannot. Waste system after the macerator was replaced by me and one other piece after a tank --they were poorly designed. Otherwise, nice rig.
- Roland Beard, Virginia

2018-05-28 2014 Roadtrek Popular 210 View Listings

This RV is for those who don't want to drive a house down the road - it's small (22 ft and you can park in just about any parking lot), compact (you can't load it up with a bunch of junk you'll never use), works wonderful for cross-country traveling, touring parks and beaches, short weekends, day trips to the beach or even driving to the grocery store. It's not something for a big family - 2 people work very well - it's easy to drive (just like driving a pickup), comfortable and has everything you need. If you plan to live in an RV, this is NOT for you. But if you just want to get out and enjoy life, consider a Roadtrek - you won't be disappointed.
- Judy Darden, Washington

2018-04-30 2014 Roadtrek RS Adventurous View Listings

The mileage of this vehicle is more than 17miles overall. You can drive and park almost anywhere you want. You can stop by grocery on the way or interesting spot when you find it. I like sewage disposal system and solar panel on this vehicle.
- Tom Sekigami, Illinois

2018-04-13 2010 Roadtrek Popular 190 View Listings

i like all about it-its beautiful-little bit above my budget.it is roomy and comfortable,easy to handle,holds the road beautifully.inside set up for comfort. i love the exterior color and inside decor
- tim oneill, Massachusetts

2018-03-26 2011 Roadtrek RS Adventurous View Listings

I have enjoyed 50,000 miles worth of wonderful trips since I bought it from it's original owner. There has been a minimal amount of wear and tear, including a new media center, new house and engine batteries, new house pumps, new propane detector. The rear dully tires are a matched set almost a year old, the front tires are in good shape, but probably have another 10,000 miles on them. The Sprinter has been maintained with all records included. Clean title in hand.
- bert elliott, Georgia

2018-02-25 2002 Roadtrek Popular 190 View Listings

Melted wires in breaker box. Common prob. RT blames co that made the part. RT chose wrong part for elec system. Did nothing to warn, recall or fix. Awning fell off b/c only held on w 3 pieces of tape!
- Bob, Ohio