Roadtrek

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Roadtrek RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Rod Coelho from Idaho says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2015 Roadtrek Popular 190 View Listings

The Dometic refrigerator was not able to keep our food under 40 degrees F in weather above 80 degrees F. I had to replace this refrigerator with a Nova Kool refrigerator that works fantastic. Every cabinet and closet door inside the RV has malfunctioned at one time or another. Had to replace all of the latches. The air conditioner failed to work in any locations with high humidity. Sewer leaks were developed in the first 10,000 miles. Had to replace all of the sewer line vales. The plastic external door trim on the bottom of the passenger door warped and pulled away from the RV body. Made the coach look cheap and demonstrated poor assembly methods. Floor in from of the sink where the shower drain is located squeaks and flexes whenever you walk on it. Very annoying. Roadtrek takes no responsibility for any of these problems nor do they have any remorce for the inconvenience and hardships caused by their poor design and installation methods.
- Rod Coelho, Idaho

2021-09-02 2018 Roadtrek Roadtrek Zion View Listings

We've had this Roadtrek for 4 years and traveled to Florida, Texas, Lousiana, Tennessee, the Great national parks of the West all the way to California. We also visited Quebec and the North Eastern states of the USA. We were able ro go on several ferries while in Canada and to cross Lake Michigan. It was a great way for the 2 of us to travel with Buddy our Bo-Jack companion. The outdoor shower (besides the indoor one) was practical to get rid of sand and to cool off. Driving this rig is a pleasure for this older gal! I did all the driving and care due to my husband's poor health. We are now at point where he can no longer travel. The remote start was convenient when we wanted to let the dog indide while visiting someplace where dogs were not allowed. With the voltstart, we could make sur that the AC would not run the battery down. There is plenty of storage space for organized folks. If you are interested in knowing more, contact me.
- Mireille, Wisconsin

2021-08-29 2013 Roadtrek Popular 190 View Listings

Our 190 Popular has been a workhorse for us. We have traveled throughout the United States and Alaska and this motor home navigated through tight spaces, mountain passes, high elevations and a variety of weather conditions. We felt safe and very comfortable. We found that we always were able to find a space in all types of campgrounds due to our size. At one point in Canada we did need a brake repair and found a dealership who completed the job immediately. Chevrolet support has been excellent. We have visited most of the National Parks and states. The only reason we are electing to sell is in order for us to move toward international travel when appropriate.
- Alexis Fell, Ohio

2021-08-02 2004 Roadtrek Popular 170 View Listings

Just the perfect size to drive camp tow and park anyplace love them. They have all you need to hookup or dry camp and very comfortable for a family of 4. Has all the things you need and usually in large size RV bur much smaller and easier to drive tow and park.
- A Labib, Florida

2021-07-15 2016 Roadtrek RS E-Trek View Listings

I really love this Van. If they made this model today I'd buy an new one before I'd get an Airstream. We had one for several years and its so much simpler to operate than the other class B's and C's we've owned. Things I particularly like: 1) No Propane to think about since the heat and water heater are diesel. Webasto has been hard to find service for but we never had an issue. 2) No generator noise since the solar and on engine alternator fill up the huge battery packs with enough juice to sit in a parking lot for 2 hours running the AC without plugging in to shore power. 3) at 22 feet you can take any parking space Things that can be a pain: No storage or big showers in a class B. Hard to sleep more than 3.
- Roderick J Peace, Montana

2021-07-03 2014 Roadtrek RS Adventurous View Listings

Love my Roadtrek. Everything is great but material on captain chairs disintegrated very quickly. Advise getting covers and complaining to Roadtrek. If you get a new one, make sure seat leather is warrantied.
- DD Livingston, Florida

2021-06-10 1993 RoadTrek RoadTrek 3500 View Listings

The pictures being shown in the ad are 2 different vans. I've had a couple interactions with this guy and he's by ALL appearances, a scammer. BEWARE. I tried getting info and he would not answer my questions. He got very rude with me and told me to look him up on Google, which I did. His presence on the web is just as vague and sketchy as he is.
- Joni, California

2021-05-18 2018 Roadtrek Simplicity SRT View Listings

I love my Van, Lot's if storage,drives great and parks in regular space. Travel by myself and have been extremely satisfied with my Dodge chassis. you do have to be aware of the power distribution and my road track company went out of business right after I purchased it so I had no recourse when anything went wrong luckily having the simplicity model I was able to just pay for what I needed to have done. I avg 15 mpg.
- Peni Hamill, Arizona

2021-04-17 2008 Roadtrek Mercedes Sprinter View Listings

We purchased this Sprinter RV in 2018 and have really enjoyed it and use is often. It has all the creature comforts we need. As an avid surfier it couldn't be a better choice. It's a 19 footer and my wife loves to drive it because it has such a great turning radius and she can easily get in and out of regular parking spaces which was a huge prerequisite for her. I took us two years to find it and we couldn't be happier with it.
- John Arendsen, California

2021-04-14 2001 Roadtrek Roadtrek 190 Versatile View Listings

Compared to other class Bs I have owned and or lived in for up to 5 months at a time the Roadtrek, overall is the better built and designed brand. This particular model has never leaked, and has had very few mechanical issues or equipment problems. Comfortable, easy to park drive and tow with. Not too high, economical to drive, inexpensive to insure and seats 4. Outside shower and well designed for storage. This model has a stronger chassi and higher ground clearance. Follow manufacturers recommended tire pressure for better handling and ride. Keep up with basic maintenance and they will last and retain great value compared to all other RVs.
- George, Florida

2021-04-07 2018 Roadtrek Roadtrek Simplicity SRT View Listings

I absolutely love the easiness of parking my road track when I'm traveling by myself with my dog I love my floor plan because it allows for all the storage I lived in it for 6 months I love the flexibility of the bed which now I have made mine into a full size bed because a queen size was too big to get to the top cabinets the only problem I have is the fact that my road track but it's two and a half year time frame has now had a few issues that I don't feel it should have had the Dodge chassis is fabulous it Parks fabulous it drives fabulous I love my gas mileage love the easiness of being able to park it been in downtown areas and regular parking places I could not ask for a better chassis on it and because I bought the simple model I didn't spend the big money I added the navigation system Sirius radio Bluetooth the backup camera and a remote start that will allow me to have the air conditioner running for my dog inside and I saved thousands of dollars.
- Teresa Gillia, Arizona

2021-03-28 2014 Roadtrek Popular 190 View Listings

THis RV I rated high. I have owned this for 4 years. There is an adjustment curve regarding space. It is definitely livable. THe seats swivel to a comfortable seating situation for watching tv, playing cards etc if stuck inside. THe sleeping area is very spacious but I feel that anyone greater than 6'1" will be more challenged but not impossible. the fact that the bed area can either be twins or one king is awesome. The TV swivels out so it can be viewed from the front seats or back again for viewing from the couch or the bed. It is so secure and comfortable. You can set up a table in the back or in the front. So versatile. Plenty of storage under the automatic reclining couch. Then there is the awning area. Great space. Outdoor living...that what it is about. So easy to connect, disconnect and keep on going. the great thing....it is ALL self contained. No slide outs, this is true...but that means less areas to give you potential challenges. It is awesome...that is all I can say.
- JEANETTE, Florida

2020-12-03 1996 Roadtrek Popular 210 View Listings

The man selling this rv is impossible to deal with. He's very short, and hangs up when asked questions. Read his google reviews. Don't waste your time... and don't waste your time driving all the way to Oregon for him just to say no deal...
- Mad, California

2020-11-23 2010 Roadtrek Agile SS View Listings

This road trek is so easy to handle. It has everything you need. It has a microwave oven, granite counter tops , refrigerator, freezer, sink, shower, queen size bed, tv. We also pd to have coverage of paint on outside, tires until 48,000 and inside coverage of fabric. Cabinets are cherry. It’s like a little home.
- Madeleine and John, North Carolina

2020-10-17 2018 Roadtrek Roadtrek CS Adventurous View Listings

I bought the longer time listing ($99) thinking I might need the extra time. Didn't have to. My RV sold within days and I got full asking price. Way to go RV Trader! I had many people look at it and offered prices!
- Bernard Aguilar, California

2020-10-13 2019 Roadtrek Roadtrek SS Agile View Listings

I was extremely fortunate to locate and buy my SS Agile Roadtrek. This company is very advanced in total Lithium options with no LP Or generator. It’s less than 20 feet long so parks anywhere. It has auto start for the alternator lithium battery charging if they run to low. Massive solar and “2” 3000 watt inverters. Along with induction cooktop. 8 lithium 100 amp batteries. Boon-docking is simple With plenty of electricity for cooking, hot water, heating and A/C. I love my SS Agile by Roadtrek
- Sanat Kumara, California

2020-09-19 2018 Roadtrek Roadtrek SS Agile View Listings

With so many people interested in purchasing an RV, I wanted to share my 1 year experience with my 2018 Roadtrek SS Agile, with 7K miles, 300W solar, 400Ah Ecotrek system with Voltstart and Propane cooktop
- Vinay Rathore, California

2020-08-29 2002 Roadtrek Popular 190 View Listings

I've now had this vehicle 4 years and taken it to Alaska, Oregon and Florida twice. The Dodge vehicle is excellent. However, Roadtrek design, workmanship and choice of components is very poor and in some cases dangerous. When I installed a solar system, I found that all of the wires connected to breakers had overheated and the insulation was melted off. Roadtrek's response to this fire hazard was to blame the component manufacturer, but legally Roadtrek was responsible for choosing the component which clearly was incapable of performing in the electrical system Roadtrek designed. Many others complained of this defect. The awning simply fell off the vehicle. It was only held in place by 4 pieces of double sided tape! The dropped floor becomes very hot to the touch because it is too close to the exhaust system. Beware not to allow your pets to lay on the dropped floor while driving. All components (water pump, water heater, side windows, stove, etc. will have to be replaced at 18 years. Roadtrek chose the cheapest possible components. Any time repairs are made we see that the factory workmanship revealed when trim is removed is incredibly poor. This company deserved to go out of business
- ROBERT HEUCK, Ohio

2020-05-24 2018 Roadtrek E-trek Agile View Listings

Great RV for travel. Really liked that it can park anywhere there is a parking space. Stealth camping much easier with the HOA friendly version of no on top AC unit not awning. The exterior shower door on the driver side is the only item that has an RV fell to it. As easy to drive and park as a van or large pickup truck. The under carriage AC unit kept our height low enough that in Zion National Park we could go through the tunnels without a guide vehicle. Size was also a plus in that the fuel milage was really good at around 20-25 MPG. The storage spaces are all very well thought out and provide ample space to keep belongings (if you move stuff around each time). Downside was that we purchsed to live in and travel. This is NOT a live in full time (for us) vehicle as there is not a lot of space for 2 to store stuff and not have to move things around in ooder to get to other things. We did research and there are others that are doing it with no issues but a little cramped for us. Great RV for trips but not enough, for us, to full time in.
- Lonnie, Tennessee

2020-03-11 2016 Roadtrek Zion Ram Promaster View Listings

We have loved this RV from the moment we purchased it in August 2016. It is easy to drive with cruise control and 6 speed automatic transmission and front wheel drive. Great gas mileage at mpg = 17. It has a short turning radius & at 21ft length you can park in a normal space with minimal overhang. At 9.5ft height it does not fit into "normal" garage opening so inside storage is challenging.The Dodge RAM Promaster chassis with V6/3.6 L gas engine has performed outstanding with regular (5K) synthetic oil changes. It has a built in GPS and backup camera and a tow hitch with wiring. The floor plan is great with a front facing rear power sofa with 2 side benches for sleeping as 2 twin beds or 1 queen bed. The table can be setup between the front cab swivel seats or in the rear by the sofa. The most outstanding feature is the SPACIOUS storage everywhere - above & under beds, hanging clothes wardrobe, huge pot / pan drawer, pullout pantry, and shelves under sink / stove. The complete bathroom with shower is nice and there is also an outside shower. The kitchen galley has a sink and 2 burner propane stove and includes a foldout counter extension. We have constant hot water with an on demand water heater. The 200W solar panel and underhood generator produces power for the 400amp AGM coach battery making boondocking simple. The 6cu ft refrigerator / freezer runs great on battery or 110. The LED lights are everywhere and use little power. Multiple plugs allow charging devices easy. Roadtrek has carefully designed the ZION model with 37gal fresh water tank, 10gal black tank & 23gal grey tank - emptying the tanks is easy with a pump and macerator hose. It has Propane Dometic furnace (16,000 BTU) and Roof-mounted 110 V Air Conditioner (11,000 BTU). The 12ft power awning is great for shade when sitting outside. There are Automatic power steps for both front cab and side doors and the screen package with Sliding screen door for side entry and removable screen for rear cargo doors make for great ventilation. Our RV also has a Fantastic ventilation Fan with rain sensor. Cooking is easy with a Microwave (110 V, 0.7 cu. ft., 700 W). The 24" HD TV and CD Player require a 110 V power source. We added Rear Sumo springs for additional suspension & ride comfort. This Roadtrek ZION has all the comforts of home as a "house on wheels". ENJOY!
- Bill Abbott, Nebraska

2020-02-29 2012 Roadtrek Popular 210 View Listings

The best thing about having a Class B RV is that it's so easy to drive and is economical. When we had a larger RV, we had a lot of situations where we couldn't park at a store because they thought we were going to stay overnight, so we didn't feel welcome. This rig isn't any longer than the van we used to have, and it's just a bit wider. It has some clever technology like a heat pump air conditioner, and a solar roof panel that helps keep the batteries charged. It has clever storage, too, and it even has an outdoor shower. A really fun rig!
- Kim Carlson, Washington

2020-02-25 2018 Roadtrek Roadtrek SS Agile View Listings

April 1 2019 We took off for a West Coast turn Around. 27 States, 21 National Parks, 11,000 miles in 90days 17MPG average. South Florida to RT 66, 4 Corners, All the parks near by. Newport Beach CA to Portland OR to Yellowstone, Little Big Horn, Rushmore, Crazy Horse, Rock Port IL. Dollywood TN, Lake Norman to Charleston SC, Orman Beach FL to Pompano Beach. No complaints, no problems.
- Rob O'Neill, Florida

2019-12-19 2016 Roadtrek Agile SS View Listings

I've had the 2016 RT SS Agile for about a year now. To sum it up; I love it, it's my 2nd home. However, not going to fluff this. RT is not the best brand but it does not have to be. You can spend 10s of thousands more and get the Pleasure-Way but you can get a nice used on for way less. I've driven both the Zion and currently own the Agile. I prefer the Agile--on Mercedes platform. Though I did like the Zion based on Dodge Promaster but overall drivability and power on the Sprinter is better. But the floorplan is very similar; both have folding bed. Only thing I wished the Agile had was a bigger fridge. Everything else is similar. Also, I really love the Ecotrek system 200Ah lithium. There are some minor quirks with both the Sprinter and House (Agile). First, the underhood generator system is a 2nd alternator with regulator pair. Mine went bad, ordered new on eBay but also installed a 2nd charging system via the main battery underneath the driver's seat. Added a BlueSea battery separator with cutoff. Now I don't need to worry about charging the lithium even when the underhood system fail. Overall, I am very happy with the purchase of my Agile, it's my home away from home. Longest time on the road with my Agile was over a month, and I rarely missed home, and saved tons of money by not staying at a hotel in NYC. BTW, you can park it on the streets of NY and stealth camp, no one bothers you. Just make some custom cut Reflectix and put them on all the windows when you part on the street. BTW, buy used with low miles and save tons of money.
- John Kim, North Carolina

2019-11-27 2016 Roadtrek Popular 190 View Listings

A great vehicle that handles like a car. Very easy to park and maneuver. Has everything that you need to go on long trips and save money on hotel rooms. Gas mileage is also surprisingly high. Very comfortable in the sleeping area. It has always been maintained and serviced. Just had a complete Detail and inspection! Love it....
- Joe, New York

2019-11-13 2001 Roadtrek Popular 190 View Listings

The Roadtrek is a great road tripping car with comfortable seats and a comfortable ride. Without the third seat it really opens up the interior and makes it much easier to get in and out if from the side door. The interior is in great shape and it looks very clean and nice. The interior items like the fan, air conditioner and kitchen appliances all work great. I really love this vehicle and wouldn't sell it if I wasn't looking for something bigger.
- Sonia Arnold, California