Monaco Reviews on RV Insider (216)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Monaco RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Joel McKown from California says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2011 Monaco Vesta 32PBS View Listings

I bought this Vesta and drove it cross country and back. It drives like a big car (sports car). It especialy handles great after the Instalation of a Steer Safe devise. Pluenty of room for the two of us and our two dogs. More storage room than I'd ever use. This coach has all the high end RV features, tile floors, coriand counters, ice maker, full Quean sized bed, air suspension, air brakes, right sized porcelain torlet etc. etc. The NAVSTAR international MaxxForce7 V8 twin turbo diesal engine has pluenty of get up and go and cursing at 70mph is a brease. The aerodynamic designed rig is made to travel. The 55 degree turning radius makes cultisacs no problem even with a three point turn in the smallest of them, and getting in and out of the smallest gas stations which I thought I'd never do or pulling into a fast food restraunt is no problem (I was not towing another car). I love my Vesta, it has every high end feature you want and at 32 feet it is the right size. It is definately an eye catcher, can't tell you how many people came over to take a look, take a picture! and ask questions about my Vesta. It is a "one of a kind" in RV history.
- Joel McKown, California

2021-06-04 2005 Monaco Dynasty 42 Diamond IV View Listings

Recently test drove a Dynasty 42'2005 diesel motorhome and loved it.The ride was amazing not to mention the beauty.I am disabled and can never see myself being able to afford it but what a thrill. If I had the 94,000 it would be on the road with my wife and myself.Enjoy guys you are only here a short time.
- Charles Craig Cruthirds, Arizona

2021-05-23 2008 Monaco Cayman XL 35SBD View Listings

The Cumming 340 engineer is a beast. Love that no DEF is need. The door at the front allows for a lot of space in the rear. Two slide outs provide ample room. The bathroom is efficient, love the full sized shower. We purchased a used unit in Aug. 2017 drove it over many mountains with out any trouble. My father law joined us with is 38’ 2016 Allegro bus, we had equal their power. Anyone considering purchase of one of these Monaco rigs should be aware of the fact that Monaco went bankrupt in 2009 so documentation is hard to come by you can still order parts online.
- Matt Branagh, California

2021-05-20 2016 Monaco Diplomat 43DFT View Listings

We had many breakdowns with this model. Poor workmanship in the woodwork. Underneath chassis was not under coated and had rust when we bought it. Many lose wires thru out the coach. It was a nightmare. Worst investment I’ve ever made
- Brian Wyche, Florida

2021-04-01 2016 Monaco Dynasty 45P View Listings

My wife and I RV'd full time for two and a half years in this same model and visited all 48 states. Both of us shared driving and found it easy even in heavy city traffic. We particularly liked the chassis air bag system as it keeps the coach level and makes the ride enjoyable. The 600 horsepower engine made mountain driving like driving up hills. This is the same floor plan we had and it is very nice and roomy. Can't say enough about this model RV. We always got compliments on it everywhere we went.
- Jim Allen, Kentucky

2021-03-24 2007 Monaco Safari Cheetah 40PDQ View Listings

My husband and I left a 2000 sf house to live full-time in this RV. It has been the best 2 years of my life. -Circumstances have led us to no longer be full-time and I miss it so much. The setup is absolutely perfect for full-time living. The opposing slides make for a ton of room in the living area and the bedroom. We have had no issues with the motorhome since we bought it in 2018 and it's travelled from New England to the southern most part of Texas and everywhere in between. Mountains in the Rocky's? No problem!
- Joanne, Florida

2021-03-24 2005 Monaco Executive 45CAQ View Listings

Perfect motorhome. The ISX 525 engine is very powerful. Going up hills is like a breeze. The bus also has 10 airbags which provides for a super smooth ride. The large window is like watching a cinema. This is a luxurious ride.
- Sandra, British Columbia

2021-03-10 2016 Monaco Dynasty 45P View Listings

My wife and I had this very same model for three years and loved it. We would still have it but I had to have back surgery and now cannot walk very well. During the time we owned this great RV, we made several trips that were two months or longer and found we could easily live full time in this coach as it has everything we could wish for. As the ad states, pure luxury in every aspect.
- Sam Kehaul, Georgia

2021-02-13 2006 Monaco McKenzie Medallion Estate 2006 View Listings

Quality, value, travel ability, and full-timing is fantastic in this 5th wheel coach. We have gone many miles and 13 years in ours. One will find the out for themselves, all of above is true, no matter the age. Followers of this model are not the faint of heart to purchase.
- C. Park, Texas

2020-12-01 2007 Monaco Cayman 36PDQ View Listings

We purchased a used unit with only 4026 miles in Aug. 2019. Had been stored in lean to of barn for all of it's life and is in good condition. Anyone considering purchase of one of these Monaco rigs should be aware of the fact that Monaco went bankrupt in 2009 so documentation is non-existent. More importantly, all rigs built on RR2R chassis had a recall for tendency or the trailing arms that hold rear axle to the frame to break. We had our replaced immediately by Source Engineering in Eugene OR. Cost was $2600 by well worth the peace of mind that your rear axle isn't going fall off. We also had them install their Ride Enhancement Kit that greatly improved the overall comfort of traveling in this coach. Overall, we love our Cayman and are glad we made the upgrade from the '96 Tiffin Allegro Bus we owned previously.
- John Freeman, Colorado

2020-11-30 2006 Monaco Diplomat 40PDQ View Listings

Excellent service Kmowledge able Trust worthy. George is an excellent man. Will help till end. He wants 2 make sure 2 the extent till customer is fuuly satisfied. Will recommend dealer ship 2 my family and friends and future customers. Will give them ***** 5 stars i
- Mohammad Mughal, California

2020-11-21 2007 Monaco Diplomat 40PRQ View Listings

Love this RV. It has an awesome huge floor plan having the super slide! Full size refrigerator makes for easy living! 400 HP makes it easy to pull anything and does awesome in the mountains.Nice tile floors. Great solid surface countertops. Memory foam king size master bed. Air over spring queen sofa sleeper.
- Laurie Hall, Indiana

2020-11-15 2000 Monaco Windsor 38PB View Listings

Awesome for fulltiming! Large tanks, almost 500 Watt Solar panels, easy to drive, especially with upgraded tires, Storage Cabinets cover all walls front to back! Extremely large kitchen with comfortable sink area can see out windows in kitchen, WIFI Booster, SeaLevel upgrade, Wood Floor - not Prego!, Kool-O-Matic still good - replaced motor - 2014, New Fresh Water Pump, Pressure Tank and Controller, New Hot Water Heater-2015, Digital Thermostat for htr, LED Interior Lighting, Frt A/C only - Rear removed. Replaced with Ceiling Thermostat Exhaust Vent, PAC Brake, Exhaust Manifold Bolts replaced!, SeaLevel Tank Monitor System, Well maintained as needed and maintenance since we fulltimed in it
- Bernie Martin, Texas

2020-10-24 2015 Monaco Dynasty 45P View Listings

After alot of research and having owned 2 other Monaco motorhomes, I was looking to upgrade. I stumbled across a 2012 Dynasty and everyone told me I need to get newer. I then found this coach. While I am being told it's not a "true" Monaco coach, I am completely satisfied with everything about this coach. I did alot of researh and looked at everything online that I could. I saw some people that were not pleased with theirs, but I found one review that changed my mind. I am so glad that I purchased this amazing motorhome!! We just finished a 4 state road trip and I had prople driving up next to me giving me the "thumbs up" Wow! this has never happened with any other coach I have owned. I am not going to say it's trouble free, EVERY COACH HAS ISSUES! my biggest issue is that all the electric blinds dont always work flawlessly! Lol what a problem!! One other thing is that my wife never got excited about the other coaches we have owned but this one she says every day how much she likes it! Thanks Monaco and REV group for building a great product!
- Rusty russell, California

2020-10-23 2005 Monaco Esquire 30 View Listings

Best Rv we have used!! You can just tell it is a superior quality by driving or using any of its features. It is heavy insulated so it makes it very usable in the Canadian climate. Or if we are in South United States in the summer the heavy insulation works well with the air conditioner too
- Alyssa H., Iowa

2020-10-15 2003 Monaco Safari Trek 2630 View Listings

great to drive and has a lot of storage and living space. The floor plan is great, kitchen is large. Great living space. quality rig all the way, Have to use up the 200 min requirement on this review, which is ridiculous
- Linda, Indiana

2020-10-06 2007 Monaco Knight 40PBD View Listings

I went to the parking lot of Hart City Supercenter and the sign on the windshield I sent a text...in less than 5 minutes I was greeted by a broker named Chris. He has been retailing RVs for over 30 years...knowledgeable and super friendly...
- Bryce Huffer, Indiana

2020-09-26 1992 Monaco Dynasty 40 View Listings

Incredible quality, the coach is 28 years old and still going strong. Cabinets are solid oak and still tight and functional. The chassis drives incredible. The Road Master chassis is a great design and remains basically the same today. The 8.3 turbo Cummins is an outstanding engine. When it is time to upgrade another Monaco product is definitely in our future!
- Lon, California

2020-09-26 2001 Monaco Windsor 40PDB View Listings

Would like to know ceiling height from floor. Very important! What size are all tanks ? How long is bed? I like the cleanliness! Is there an oven? How is the fuel mileage? My husband has a class one drivers license.
- Margaret Pugh, British Columbia

2020-09-16 2003 Monaco Diplomat 38PST View Listings

It is a well built MH with features that are still in new luxury units, like diesel engine but no DEF needed. 7.5 Kw Onan genset. 100 gallons of water and large holding tanks. Heat pump, microwave convection oven, hydraulic jacks etc. It is simpler than new units. No Def, guages that are guages and not a video screen, lots of windows that open and allow natural ventilation along with window awnings over all side windows. The electronics are still simple to use and fix. Gas/electric frig and water heater making it great for dry camping. Wide hallways when pushed in and you can still cook and do anything camping in a parking lot that you can do pushed out in campground except plugging in, but with the windows open and 4 batteries or running the furnace over night you will do fine without plugging in. It is easy to update with LED lighting and HD compatible satellite domes. Meanwhile the aluminum exterior is incredible for its longevity. Woodwork is also great. It is just one of those old goodies.
- Bob, Minnesota

2020-09-14 2003 Monaco Diplomat 38PST View Listings

The '03 Monaco Diplomat was made with old school quality. It has all the big features you want, like Cummins 330 Diesel no DEF! 7.5 Onan diesel Genset, 100 gal of water, large holding tanks, gas/electric appliances. What never gets talked about is the beautiful amount of windows and the awnings that extend to shade windows for long sunlit stays south. The fresh air that comes with all the windows open is not found in the newer mhomes. Aluminum roof and great gelcoat. For the price and quality it is a bargain against newer poorer quality units.
- Bob, Minnesota

2020-09-13 1999 Monaco Diplomat 38A View Listings

Monaco has an excellent reputation for dependability, luxury, and overall quality workmanship. We have enjoyed the motor home and had very few issues during the time that we owned it- over 10 years. We hate to depart with it, but we are purchasing a smaller new motor home so that I can, also, drive it. It handles extremely well and gets approx 12 miles to the gallon. We highly recommend the Monaco motor homes!!
- Judy Braund, Wisconsin

2020-09-03 2008 Monaco Dynasty Nottingham View Listings

Glamping at it's finest. Built to last, often mistaken for new. Between the interior comforts and superior design you can go unhooked comfortably or hangout plugged in wherever the road goes. Tons of storage in and below, huge black and gray tanks, fuel tank gets you half way across country. Great refrigerator, convection oven, propane cooktop, huge tank. Select Comfort King bed, fantastic sleeping pull out. Tires, batteries, engine, chassis, Aqua Hot, and generator service all fresh. 3 new A/C/Heat Pumps. Many extras. 1 year Warranty.
- Cs_nelms, Arizona

2020-08-23 2007 Monaco Safari Simba View Listings

The best rv I've ever owned, wish they still made them to this level of quality, I'd buy another in a second. Easy and comfortable to drive. Never any problems. We traveled across country twice with one and camped in 15 National parks, greatest memories ever!
- David, Florida

2020-08-21 2008 Monaco Dynasty 42 Diamond IV View Listings

We traveled across many months of highway in our Monaco, we have wintered in the south several years staying for several months very comfortably. The solid quality in workmanship in this rig is hard to beat. The solid wood oak trim is beautiful, none of that plastic fake trim. It has 4 slides that when open give so much floor space, it was comfortable to entertain guests and on occasion include extra family members to join us on vacations. There is more than enough room comfortably move through the coach when all sides are pulled in for highway travel. The central vac system makes cleaning so easy and convenient, having washer and dryer on board was essential at times on the road when there were no laundrymats in remote locations. But most important, riding the roads, weather it was highways, back country roads, or city expressways, this motorhome handles with easy, smooth ride, quiet. Even tight spots were easier to navigate than our other class B+ motorhome. The water system is outstanding, always enough hot water, great filtration system to make our water system safe. Even in cold weather, this aqua hot heating system kept us warm and the floors comfortable. The storage space in this motorhome is plentiful, we had enough room to store several seasons of clothing to take with us, every essential living supplies that we would need and not have to stop very often to replenish. There is so much storage space that we never even used all of the cupboards or underneath bins. The diesel engine has fabulous power, going through mountains, major highways, or anything we faced, we never worried that we couldn't handle the grade even with a tow vehicle. The large fuel tanks allowed for longer road travel times without the need to stop for refueling. The airbag leveling system made it a breeze to set up camp even in the most uneven campsite locations. Also the airbag system provides the smoothest ride going down the highway, it feels almost as if you are sitting in your easy chair in your living room. The video camera system allows the driver to keep a close eye on the traffic on both sides of the motorhome as well in the rear that allows safe lane changes as well as ease in parking and backing up. All of the windows provides great lighting as well as optimal views of the country as you travel the country and when you are stationary, you have plenty of light, fresh air windows and ceiling vent fans to keep comfortable and enjoy the whole RV experience. The master bedroom with the queen size bed has bedside windows to provide fresh air as well as to be able to safely keep an eye on what is going on outside around your rig along with the bedside security camera monitor that you can view all sides of the motorhome without having to go outside to check on anything questionable when you are in an unfamiliar location. The power window shade provide protection for your vision from the sun when it gets to a level that is in your eyes to provide better driving ability. The motorized entry steps provide easy entry and exit along with the lighted handrails both inside the motorhome and one light handrail on the outside. Makes it easy to find your grab bars in the dark for safety. So, as much as we absolutely love our motorhome, We hate to give her up, we are at a time for a new phase in life which predicts less travel time for us. It is time to let another family enjoy this beautiful rig and all of the experiences that come with comfortable travel to see this beautiful country of ours. She has many, many more miles to go and lots of power. This chassis and engine will outlast and outrun and get you to every destination of your dreams that you can go by highway or back roads.
- Sandra Stone, Michigan