Monaco RVs Reviews (175)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Monaco RVs Reviews and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of these RVs.

Joel McKown from California says:

Have you owned any Monaco RVs? Write a review

Voted Most Helpful Review 2011 Monaco Vesta 32PBS View Listings

I bought this Vesta and drove it cross country and back. It drives like a big car (sports car). It especialy handles great after the Instalation of a Steer Safe devise. Pluenty of room for the two of us and our two dogs. More storage room than I'd ever use. This coach has all the high end RV features, tile floors, coriand counters, ice maker, full Quean sized bed, air suspension, air brakes, right sized porcelain torlet etc. etc. The NAVSTAR international MaxxForce7 V8 twin turbo diesal engine has pluenty of get up and go and cursing at 70mph is a brease. The aerodynamic designed rig is made to travel. The 55 degree turning radius makes cultisacs no problem even with a three point turn in the smallest of them, and getting in and out of the smallest gas stations which I thought I'd never do or pulling into a fast food restraunt is no problem (I was not towing another car). I love my Vesta, it has every high end feature you want and at 32 feet it is the right size. It is definately an eye catcher, can't tell you how many people came over to take a look, take a picture! and ask questions about my Vesta. It is a "one of a kind" in RV history.
- Joel McKown, California

2019-12-03 2005 Monaco Diplomat 38PDQ View Listings

Great built coach. Build for cross country trips. Solid construction and insulation. Very safe and sturdy chassis. Ample storage and space to live in full-time. You will not find a better coach. Pre-smog 400hp ISL Cummings Diesel.
- Kyle Humphrey, California

2019-11-30 2001 Monaco Knight 34H View Listings

This is my first DP an have enjoyed it an have done multiple short trips an one long trip 78 days an just under 10k miles.Once sold I will be looking for one 2 to 4 ft longer.The next DP will be 3 to 4 yrs newer that's all the new ones have to many problems I read about.
- Rick carter, California

2019-11-27 2001 Monaco Diplomat 38PBD View Listings

A great home, the 330 Cummins had plenty of power and trouble free. It is better insulated than our fifth wheel, can't hear outside noise as much. It seems to be well built not falling apart like so many others you see.
- Jerry, Texas

2019-11-24 2003 Monaco Diplomat 38PBD View Listings

We were fortunate in purchasing our RV while the original Monaco company was still intact. Up to the point of the sale to another company, our factory warranty and support were great. Afterwards, not so much. However, the Monaco International organization was amazing during that time period, helping their members locate parts, services, etc. We learned that Monaco owners were extremely happy with the brand and very loyal to it. We easily became happy, loyal owners ourselves and enjoyed our travels and experiences to the max. The decision to sell our RV and give up the best hobby in the world has been one of our most difficult yet. My husband is 84 and I'm 77. While we are both in really good health, we have come to realize that driving an RV at this point in our lives can be challenging. But, we miss it already. As far as our specific RV is concerned, there isn't enough allowable writing space to express our satisfaction with it. Over our 15 years of owning this coach, we have added equipment and changed some of the original furnishings and finishes, but that was more a matter of taste versus need. The floor plan, the way it handles on the road, the ease of hooking her up at a campground … all are first rate. Basically, when comparing features and experiences with other RV owners, we have had far less major problems. I read somewhere that the Monacos manufactured in the early 2000's are still some of the best-built RVs on the road today and I can believe it. We loved having the private rear bedroom that could be completely closed off from the living area. There is a surprising lack of noise filtering between the two. One can easily sleep in while the other enjoys coffee and early-morning television. There is an amazing amount of storage space. Wherever the manufacturer could place a cabinet or a drawer, they did so. The closet in the rear was more than enough space for an entire season of clothing. We would typically take a 3-month or longer trip each year and never had to look for places to store extra shoes, jackets, etc. When we’re at home in our condo, we frequently cook on our grill and prepare elaborate side dishes in our kitchen. My husband and I love to cook. We found we could do the same things in our RV. The slide-out storage bin accommodated our travel-size grill and the kitchen worked just fine for food prep and cooking. The convection oven was simple to learn and I never missed my larger oven in the condo. One Thanksgiving, our RV became the headquarters for meal preparation for our family. We had six women all engaged in various tasks of getting the meal on the table and there was plenty of room. We managed to produce some darn good meals that weekend. All-in-all, this coach has been an excellent second home for us. We’ve seen “tiny houses” on television with less features and less space than our RV offers. We’ve entertained as many as eight people inside at the same time. While some prospective buyers might be concerned about the age and mileage, this coach has been well-cared for; there are a lot of years and a lot of miles left. For anyone who wants to get into a road-ready diesel Class A with luxury features, this is an opportunity to do so at an affordable price.
- Mary Capo, Florida

2019-11-18 2003 Monaco Camelot 40PST View Listings

We are the 2nd owner, the 1st owner kept it for 16 years and kept it in great condition. We love the opposing slides in the front that open up the living & kitchen areas. The bath is roomy for an RV & we love the rear bed with under bed storage. I've upgraded lighting to LED, the tvs & surround sound receiver. I also redesigned the cabinets that housed the old tvs. It drives very well, I replaced the air springs & shock absorbers which has improved handling. Mileage has been 7.5-10 mpg, which is very good for a 16.5 ton coach. The Cummins ISC 8.1 has plenty of power for hills or flats alike. I haven't towed with it yet but the previous owner did a lot & he bragged about how well it performed while towing. This is a great coach and we look forward to many years.
- Joe V Bolin, Georgia

2019-11-11 2003 Monaco La Palma 36DBD View Listings

The bath and a half floor plan was great for longer stays. With the large front slide, (extends 2'6") and 12 foot long made for a large living dining kitchen area and the floorplan also allowed for easy access to the 1/2 bath while traveling without having to extend slide to use bathroom. As we get older it is nice to have the extra half bath. It also worked out well when 4 adults staying together for a couple of days as nightly bathroom breaks did not disturb everyone. Also, since there is no slide where the 16 ft x 8 ft patio awning is located it allowed for a large outside covered sitting area. We also enjoyed that the main slide had end windows that really made unit feel open. Surprisingly traveling at 65mph to 70 mph not towing we averaged 6.5 to 7.5 mpg. in the southeast on mostly flat roads. Unit does have a 5 speed allison transmission which I am sure helps mileage. Only real problem was in hot weather (90degrees) plus towing a car had to keep close track of engine temp on hills. Was a nice size to get into most RV parks. Only reason for low rating on factory support is we were 3rd owner and unit was 12 years old and out of warranty when we purchased
- Roger Nelson, Pennsylvania

2019-11-09 2002 Monaco Lakota 32SKD View Listings

This has been a great RV our first fifth wheel, love the tall ceilings and rear kitchen, so much room, separate toilet area with sink a plus, dual A/Cs worked wonderfully in hottest Florida summer heat, Easy to tow and park, all fiberglass exterior is easy to maintain, Waterproof flooring made it even easier to keep clean.
- Jerry North, Florida

2019-09-30 2003 Monaco Diplomat 40DST View Listings

Excellent chassis very good ride with 8 airbags. My unit is 16 years old has been kept under cover and has at least 16+ years to go. Driving at moderate speeds 57-62 yields 9-9.5 mpg. An excellent floor plan with 2 bathrooms lends versatility for two couples to travel and each have their bathroom privacy.
- Ken Racht, North Carolina

2019-09-30 2003 Monaco Beaver Baron View Listings

It drives like a dream. The day and night shades are great. It tows great and the tow bar is easy to attach. The diesel generator is super quiet. This floor plan is great and easy to care for. Lots of storage and prep space. Bathroom has lots of counter space. Great dresser and lots of storage in the bedroom. The refrigerator and freezer hold lots. Very livable. You won't find a cleaner or well maintain Motor Home anywhere else.
- Jolayne Williams, Arizona

2019-09-12 2006 Monaco Diplomat 40PRQ View Listings

Huge open Living Room. Nice shower and vanity area. Decent counter space for an RV. Separate water closet. Lot's of power for towing, and climbing hills. 400 H.P. Drives really smoothly. Really large closet space, and massive storage underneath in Basement. Two sofas a plus.
- Steven Williams, Florida

2019-09-10 2009 Monaco Diplomat 42SKQ View Listings

We have put a fantastic 70,000 miles on this sturdy well built and fashionable coach. It’s style is a very now feeling and is quite accommodating for any trip. It has been from the east coast to the west coast three times in the last 9 years. There are wonderful memories in owning this coach! It is an easy coach to drive and manipulate in any situation. It has never been in an accident and the finish is immaculate.
- Greg Franco, California

2019-09-03 2003 Monaco Signature 43 Supreme View Listings

This coach is warm when it's cold and cool when it's warm outside. It is "built solid" with quality materials and insulated well. Every system works perfectly and has been well maintained. We have loved our "winter home" and wouldn't be selling if life hadn't taken the turn that it has. This is a perfect home for a family that wants to travel safely and comfortably. The kitchen offers all the modern aspects of your home kitchen; brand new, large residential fridge, induction stove, brand new dishwasher and more. Our coach is clean with no smokers or pets. All the windows are clear
- Deb Roberts, New York

2019-08-31 2018 Monaco Signature 40J View Listings

This has been by far the best driving worst RV I have ever owned... I am so sick of the factory and their none support of its owners I picked up this coach in 11-18 and since then it has been in the shop for over 6 months now the factory has done substandard work to fix a recall so the dealership is trying to make it right only leaving me with out a coach longer. When I asked the factory to e-mail me all the warranty service notes and they said they cant ? How could this be it's a email or do they not want the records out so others can see that they have this many issues on a higher level coach. All I keep hearing is I dont know and I think we have it pinned down you should be good to go soon as we get the next part put in but the factory is holding up sending it. Why are warranty parts not sent next day air and over night freight service. And if they dont trust the dealerships they have doing the work why dont they send a driver to pick the coachs up and fix them. Its warranty.... no they want you to take the time and money to bring it to them when they have the time to fix it at your expense with out reimbursement for time loss or fuel. There should be a auto full refund for all loss to customers/owners of RV's that have more than 3-4 months of service in the first year of purchase. Any one who wants to talk about this can email me with any questions about this.
- sv4company, Michigan

2019-08-25 2005 Monaco Knight 40PLQ View Listings

We love the layout of this spacious RV. The sofas are comfortable and the storage is excellent throughout this RV. The office space in the back is perfect if you want to take your office on the road. The drawers underneath offer your the ability to reach items easily and keep things secure while you are traveling.
- Lori, North Carolina

2019-08-05 2005 Monaco Dynasty 40PDQ View Listings

We thoroughly enjoyed our RV not only for destination travel but the experiences in getting there in sincere comfort. Unfortunately, for us the time has come that we can no longer travel. There are so many opportunities for overnight stay all across the US. We even were able to stay a few places that were available at no cost. The friends you meet RVing are also there for you. I only wish we could continue our travels with the RV.
- HENDERSON, California

2019-07-28 2002 Monaco Safari TREK 2830 View Listings

Prior to this Safari I have had a 1972 class A Pace Arrow and a 1986 class C Lazy Days. The Safari is my favorite. With the large bathroom, hydraulic stabilizers, ducted A/C, dual pane windows, Aviation aluminum siding makes cleaning a breeze, more storage and many other modern conveniences the Safari has been great. The Magic bed is such a great feature it definitely rivals 40' model units.
- Tom Wilkinson, California

2019-07-18 2006 Monaco Signature Castle View Listings

We have enjoyed our 2006 Monaco Signature 45 feet long for the last 12 years. We purchased it brand new from the company and picked it up at the factory in Oregon. It is a luxury coach with all the extras. People notice this when they see it and a lot of them tell us what a great motorhome we have. It is equipped with three air conditioners on the roof plus dash air conditioning, It has 4 slides, 12,500 watt generator, stacked washer/dryer, aqua hot heating, air leveling system and a bunch more.
- Rob Wilson, California

2019-07-10 2009 Monaco Knight 41DFT View Listings

This RV is very comfortable and very easy to drive. From a female perspective, there is a lot of storage and a lot of daily conveniences that make it a great second home. It is quite spacious. The neutral tones make is welcoming and easy to keep clean.
- Mellony Hart, California

2019-07-03 1997 Monaco Safari Sahara 7058 View Listings

I have owned my 97 Monaco Safari Sahara Diesel Pusher 36' CAT, Magnum Chassis, A;llison Transmission etc for around 13 years now and absolutely Love it! Maintenance and Repairs were at such a minimum as the coach is built to last!And my goodness the interior all alder hardwood and cabinets inside and so forth barely looks used! It has stood the test of time for sure and with only 69,000 Miles it still has another 300,000 to go! Im extremely pleased! It has lived up to its claims and I would recommend it to other's looking for a fully self sufficient Coach! The roof Solar Panel, the two air conditioners still blow cold air to this day and the only thing that went out so far was the Convection oven since 1997 that's amazing! And yes we cooked a lot. LOL! Lots of great features made this Coach a very fun adventure for sure! All the comforts of home away from home!
- Patti Chakos, Washington

2019-05-23 2007 Monaco Camelot 40PDQ View Listings

We ordered it built to our specs.it took 8 month to build.all the latest innovations were included. Its still the best looking coach on the road. We full timed for 2 years. My wife.had no trouble driving it.we have the best suspension in industry. 2 air bags per wheel,mounted outboard, gives the best handling and control of the MH.towing is great, we were really proud driving over the Rockies. I just had my 85th BD on may 14, I hate to give it up,but my wife cancer surgery is due,so we have say Goodbye. You will certainly enjoy this coach.God bless you!
- HANK TOEWS , Arizona

2019-04-23 2005 Monaco Diplomat 40DST View Listings

This Monaco Diplomat is a great combination of comfort and luxury aboard. The 400hp Cummins pushes you down the road with minimal effort. The extra forward bathroom is nice so guests don’t have to use your personal space while just visiting or traveling with you.
- Craig, California

2019-04-05 2005 Monaco Signature CASTLE IV View Listings

I went down in mid to late March 2019 and looked at this unit. It appeared to have transmission leak, appeared to have leaks in roof. Scratches on pass. side luggage door, latch didn't work either,the one in front of drive wheels. Chinese tires.Roof looked like it needed to be resealed. If it didn't have these issues would be nice. Pleasant folks. But not what I want to get involved in.
- Jim Carroll, New York

2019-03-17 2016 Monaco Trek 26HM View Listings

Just a beautiful r.v. the bed raising by motor makes all the difference I loved it and so easy to maintain and drive love that it can go to any state park because of it's size.the upgraded denver bed by the owner is amazing and the low low mileage is a steal at this price for this type A Rv.
- Jeff poulos, North Carolina

2019-02-20 2007 Monaco Knight 38PDQ View Listings

Bought this used. This unit is very well made and we have not had any problems with any major component. We have replaced the Max Air Vents and 1 AC cover-due to age. Very reliable. We visited the REV center in IN for a problem with the door handle - fixed within a day at reasonable fee. Easier to drive after a Safe T Plus Precision Steering Control was installed. Monaco is one of the best made units. Love all the drawers & storage areas. Took a 6 month trip and still had 4 drawers empty. Plenty of storage.
- SHERRY DORAN, Texas