Monaco Reviews on RV Insider (184)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Monaco RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Joel McKown from California says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2011 Monaco Vesta 32PBS View Listings

I bought this Vesta and drove it cross country and back. It drives like a big car (sports car). It especialy handles great after the Instalation of a Steer Safe devise. Pluenty of room for the two of us and our two dogs. More storage room than I'd ever use. This coach has all the high end RV features, tile floors, coriand counters, ice maker, full Quean sized bed, air suspension, air brakes, right sized porcelain torlet etc. etc. The NAVSTAR international MaxxForce7 V8 twin turbo diesal engine has pluenty of get up and go and cursing at 70mph is a brease. The aerodynamic designed rig is made to travel. The 55 degree turning radius makes cultisacs no problem even with a three point turn in the smallest of them, and getting in and out of the smallest gas stations which I thought I'd never do or pulling into a fast food restraunt is no problem (I was not towing another car). I love my Vesta, it has every high end feature you want and at 32 feet it is the right size. It is definately an eye catcher, can't tell you how many people came over to take a look, take a picture! and ask questions about my Vesta. It is a "one of a kind" in RV history.
- Joel McKown, California

2020-03-26 2007 Monaco Cayman XL 38PBT View Listings

Original owners. All service and maintenance records are available. Cummins ISB325HP diesel engine, Allison 6 speed transmission. 75 gallon diesel tank can fill from either side of motorhome (no special additive needed). 4 air bags, automatic leveling system, full body paint (3M shield on front has been removed) Four door stainless steel refrigerator. Microwave/convection oven. In motion satellite. Blackout day/night shades as well as black out front windshield curtain. All outside window covers, mirror covers, tire covers and front windshield cover included. 10 gal gas/electric water heater. Dual 13.5 BTU A/C & heat pump with digital thermostat. 2 rain sensor fantastic fans. Door, living room, bedroom and kitchen window awnings as well as 19 ft electric Eclipse patio awning. Slide out bay storage tray. 3 camera rear vision system. Splendide 2000S washer/dryer. Central vacuum system. Ceiling fan in bedroom. Sofa is Hide-A-Bed with air mattress. 2000 watt inverter. 8.0 Onan Diesel generator. Sleep number queen bed. Transferable Good Sam Extended Warranty that's good up to 150,000 miles. We lived in this RV full time for 10 years. It is VERY comfortable. We tow a 2015 Jeep Cherokee without any problems. The only reason we are selling is that we purchased a home in Florida and are ready to stop traveling.
- Jackie Hild, Florida

2020-03-25 2011 Monaco McKenzie Ion View Listings

This RV was purchased new in 2012. It is ultra light and tows very nice. The layout is very functional and with the slide out there is plenty of space. I have a family of 6 and a dog and there was room for everyone. Plenty of inside storage for items such as chairs, canopies, bikes, coolers, and any other items you want to bring with. The back door was great to load items like bikes, coolers and tables. Outside storage was enough for essential tools, leveling blocks, propane grills, charcoal and many other items. The bathroom and fridge although small compared to what is in a house, were more than enough for a camping trip weather it be a weekend or a week. Overall this has been a great camper and served us well.
- Curtis, Illinois

2020-02-15 2001 Monaco Diplomat 36 View Listings

We have had this unit for four years. Out side of on very cold days while driving it is hard to keep warm we have not had any problems. We were spoiled to our Bigfoot class C that had an automotive heater in the rear of the coach that kept everything very warm. Every unit will have something that needs some attention from time to time, that's just part of RVing. Very Happy with Monaco. Looking to trade and will not look at anything other than Monaco or Holiday Rambler.
- Lloyd Kurtz, Kansas

2020-01-15 2012 Monaco Vesta 35PBD View Listings

Super comfortable, great power, good fuel economy. Head turner! High quality finishes, excellent storage space inside and below. Two slide outs, spacious cockpit and interior. We have really enjoyed this one!
- Leslie Bertucci, Louisiana

2020-01-15 2004 Monaco Safari Cheetah View Listings

We purchased the coach new in 2004, We have had no major issues. Maintenance yes, as you have on all. I have totally upgraded interior, residential fridge, 2000 pure sine magnum inverter. Recently replaced water heater convection microwave oven also wash machine. Tires and batteries a couple years ago. We always tow a vehicle. Usually around 8 mpg. All depends on the wind.. nothing wrong with coach, just want a larger one..
- Roger Krumvieda, Arizona

2020-01-12 2011 Monaco Diplomat 43PKQ View Listings

Fantastic coach! All the comforts of home on wheels. Hot or cold weather the insulation is superb. The paint on the coach looks almost as if it was new. The floor plan on this coach is one of the best I have seen. Towing a 28 foot enclosed trailer was a dream on the highway.
- Scott, North Carolina

2020-01-01 2008 Monaco Dynasty Squire IV View Listings

This is 1 plush motor home. They don’t build them like this anyway! Has all the bells and whistles. I have owned for 3 years and have decided to buy park model. I’m right now located Rv park in Buckeye az thru March and than will return home to Minnesota.
- Nathan Bode, Minnesota

2019-12-21 2019 Monaco Marquis 44M View Listings

Bought a 2019 Monaco Marquis 44M from Motor Home Specialist in Alvarado, TX. Buyer Beware! This is my second Class A and I am pleased with the Freightliner chassis, Cummins 450 and the Allison trans however, the motorhome portion of this coach built by REV is a POS. The factory warranty is worthless, the quality is below substandard and forget customer service, they are horrible. We purchased this coach in February 2019 and it has been out of service more than in service due to faulty workmanship. (Non-functioning slide-outs, non-functioning leveling jacks, black pipe sewer leak, cabinet falling off the wall while driving, etc. etc. etc.) Throughout this experience, it is my opinion that REV does not care, they have little to no quality control in their factory and I would advise anyone not to purchase REV products.
- Jim, California

2019-12-13 1996 Monaco Executive View Listings

I own a 1996 EXEc with M 11 Cummins 400, beautiful.low mileage coach. Plenty of power even pulling my tow dolly with my Impala dragging behind. Mileage is excellent, north of 9 most of the time! Love my Monaco, I retired in 2012 and bought it, being a 42 year truck driver, I know diesel, love the bus chassis, steers wonderful, can't say enough for Monaco. Drives like my long nose Peterbilt! ON the ROAD Again - without the DOT harassment! Living the dream!
- Doc, Arizona

2019-12-03 2005 Monaco Diplomat 38PDQ View Listings

Great built coach. Build for cross country trips. Solid construction and insulation. Very safe and sturdy chassis. Ample storage and space to live in full-time. You will not find a better coach. Pre-smog 400hp ISL Cummings Diesel.
- Kyle Humphrey, California

2019-11-30 2001 Monaco Knight 34H View Listings

This is my first DP an have enjoyed it an have done multiple short trips an one long trip 78 days an just under 10k miles.Once sold I will be looking for one 2 to 4 ft longer.The next DP will be 3 to 4 yrs newer that's all the new ones have to many problems I read about.
- Rick carter, California

2019-11-27 2001 Monaco Diplomat 38PBD View Listings

A great home, the 330 Cummins had plenty of power and trouble free. It is better insulated than our fifth wheel, can't hear outside noise as much. It seems to be well built not falling apart like so many others you see.
- Jerry, Texas

2019-11-24 2003 Monaco Diplomat 38PBD View Listings

We were fortunate in purchasing our RV while the original Monaco company was still intact. Up to the point of the sale to another company, our factory warranty and support were great. Afterwards, not so much. However, the Monaco International organization was amazing during that time period, helping their members locate parts, services, etc. We learned that Monaco owners were extremely happy with the brand and very loyal to it. We easily became happy, loyal owners ourselves and enjoyed our travels and experiences to the max. The decision to sell our RV and give up the best hobby in the world has been one of our most difficult yet. My husband is 84 and I'm 77. While we are both in really good health, we have come to realize that driving an RV at this point in our lives can be challenging. But, we miss it already. As far as our specific RV is concerned, there isn't enough allowable writing space to express our satisfaction with it. Over our 15 years of owning this coach, we have added equipment and changed some of the original furnishings and finishes, but that was more a matter of taste versus need. The floor plan, the way it handles on the road, the ease of hooking her up at a campground … all are first rate. Basically, when comparing features and experiences with other RV owners, we have had far less major problems. I read somewhere that the Monacos manufactured in the early 2000's are still some of the best-built RVs on the road today and I can believe it. We loved having the private rear bedroom that could be completely closed off from the living area. There is a surprising lack of noise filtering between the two. One can easily sleep in while the other enjoys coffee and early-morning television. There is an amazing amount of storage space. Wherever the manufacturer could place a cabinet or a drawer, they did so. The closet in the rear was more than enough space for an entire season of clothing. We would typically take a 3-month or longer trip each year and never had to look for places to store extra shoes, jackets, etc. When we’re at home in our condo, we frequently cook on our grill and prepare elaborate side dishes in our kitchen. My husband and I love to cook. We found we could do the same things in our RV. The slide-out storage bin accommodated our travel-size grill and the kitchen worked just fine for food prep and cooking. The convection oven was simple to learn and I never missed my larger oven in the condo. One Thanksgiving, our RV became the headquarters for meal preparation for our family. We had six women all engaged in various tasks of getting the meal on the table and there was plenty of room. We managed to produce some darn good meals that weekend. All-in-all, this coach has been an excellent second home for us. We’ve seen “tiny houses” on television with less features and less space than our RV offers. We’ve entertained as many as eight people inside at the same time. While some prospective buyers might be concerned about the age and mileage, this coach has been well-cared for; there are a lot of years and a lot of miles left. For anyone who wants to get into a road-ready diesel Class A with luxury features, this is an opportunity to do so at an affordable price.
- Mary Capo, Florida

2019-11-18 2003 Monaco Camelot 40PST View Listings

We are the 2nd owner, the 1st owner kept it for 16 years and kept it in great condition. We love the opposing slides in the front that open up the living & kitchen areas. The bath is roomy for an RV & we love the rear bed with under bed storage. I've upgraded lighting to LED, the tvs & surround sound receiver. I also redesigned the cabinets that housed the old tvs. It drives very well, I replaced the air springs & shock absorbers which has improved handling. Mileage has been 7.5-10 mpg, which is very good for a 16.5 ton coach. The Cummins ISC 8.1 has plenty of power for hills or flats alike. I haven't towed with it yet but the previous owner did a lot & he bragged about how well it performed while towing. This is a great coach and we look forward to many years.
- Joe V Bolin, Georgia

2019-11-11 2003 Monaco La Palma 36DBD View Listings

The bath and a half floor plan was great for longer stays. With the large front slide, (extends 2'6") and 12 foot long made for a large living dining kitchen area and the floorplan also allowed for easy access to the 1/2 bath while traveling without having to extend slide to use bathroom. As we get older it is nice to have the extra half bath. It also worked out well when 4 adults staying together for a couple of days as nightly bathroom breaks did not disturb everyone. Also, since there is no slide where the 16 ft x 8 ft patio awning is located it allowed for a large outside covered sitting area. We also enjoyed that the main slide had end windows that really made unit feel open. Surprisingly traveling at 65mph to 70 mph not towing we averaged 6.5 to 7.5 mpg. in the southeast on mostly flat roads. Unit does have a 5 speed allison transmission which I am sure helps mileage. Only real problem was in hot weather (90degrees) plus towing a car had to keep close track of engine temp on hills. Was a nice size to get into most RV parks. Only reason for low rating on factory support is we were 3rd owner and unit was 12 years old and out of warranty when we purchased
- Roger Nelson, Pennsylvania

2019-11-09 2002 Monaco Lakota 32SKD View Listings

This has been a great RV our first fifth wheel, love the tall ceilings and rear kitchen, so much room, separate toilet area with sink a plus, dual A/Cs worked wonderfully in hottest Florida summer heat, Easy to tow and park, all fiberglass exterior is easy to maintain, Waterproof flooring made it even easier to keep clean.
- Jerry North, Florida

2019-09-30 2003 Monaco Diplomat 40DST View Listings

Excellent chassis very good ride with 8 airbags. My unit is 16 years old has been kept under cover and has at least 16+ years to go. Driving at moderate speeds 57-62 yields 9-9.5 mpg. An excellent floor plan with 2 bathrooms lends versatility for two couples to travel and each have their bathroom privacy.
- Ken Racht, North Carolina

2019-09-30 2003 Monaco Beaver Baron View Listings

It drives like a dream. The day and night shades are great. It tows great and the tow bar is easy to attach. The diesel generator is super quiet. This floor plan is great and easy to care for. Lots of storage and prep space. Bathroom has lots of counter space. Great dresser and lots of storage in the bedroom. The refrigerator and freezer hold lots. Very livable. You won't find a cleaner or well maintain Motor Home anywhere else.
- Jolayne Williams, Arizona

2019-09-12 2006 Monaco Diplomat 40PRQ View Listings

Huge open Living Room. Nice shower and vanity area. Decent counter space for an RV. Separate water closet. Lot's of power for towing, and climbing hills. 400 H.P. Drives really smoothly. Really large closet space, and massive storage underneath in Basement. Two sofas a plus.
- Steven Williams, Florida

2019-09-10 2009 Monaco Diplomat 42SKQ View Listings

We have put a fantastic 70,000 miles on this sturdy well built and fashionable coach. It’s style is a very now feeling and is quite accommodating for any trip. It has been from the east coast to the west coast three times in the last 9 years. There are wonderful memories in owning this coach! It is an easy coach to drive and manipulate in any situation. It has never been in an accident and the finish is immaculate.
- Greg Franco, California

2019-09-03 2003 Monaco Signature 43 Supreme View Listings

This coach is warm when it's cold and cool when it's warm outside. It is "built solid" with quality materials and insulated well. Every system works perfectly and has been well maintained. We have loved our "winter home" and wouldn't be selling if life hadn't taken the turn that it has. This is a perfect home for a family that wants to travel safely and comfortably. The kitchen offers all the modern aspects of your home kitchen; brand new, large residential fridge, induction stove, brand new dishwasher and more. Our coach is clean with no smokers or pets. All the windows are clear
- Deb Roberts, New York

2019-08-31 2018 Monaco Signature 40J View Listings

This has been by far the best driving worst RV I have ever owned... I am so sick of the factory and their none support of its owners I picked up this coach in 11-18 and since then it has been in the shop for over 6 months now the factory has done substandard work to fix a recall so the dealership is trying to make it right only leaving me with out a coach longer. When I asked the factory to e-mail me all the warranty service notes and they said they cant ? How could this be it's a email or do they not want the records out so others can see that they have this many issues on a higher level coach. All I keep hearing is I dont know and I think we have it pinned down you should be good to go soon as we get the next part put in but the factory is holding up sending it. Why are warranty parts not sent next day air and over night freight service. And if they dont trust the dealerships they have doing the work why dont they send a driver to pick the coachs up and fix them. Its warranty.... no they want you to take the time and money to bring it to them when they have the time to fix it at your expense with out reimbursement for time loss or fuel. There should be a auto full refund for all loss to customers/owners of RV's that have more than 3-4 months of service in the first year of purchase. Any one who wants to talk about this can email me with any questions about this.
- sv4company, Michigan

2019-08-25 2005 Monaco Knight 40PLQ View Listings

We love the layout of this spacious RV. The sofas are comfortable and the storage is excellent throughout this RV. The office space in the back is perfect if you want to take your office on the road. The drawers underneath offer your the ability to reach items easily and keep things secure while you are traveling.
- Lori, North Carolina

2019-08-05 2005 Monaco Dynasty 40PDQ View Listings

We thoroughly enjoyed our RV not only for destination travel but the experiences in getting there in sincere comfort. Unfortunately, for us the time has come that we can no longer travel. There are so many opportunities for overnight stay all across the US. We even were able to stay a few places that were available at no cost. The friends you meet RVing are also there for you. I only wish we could continue our travels with the RV.
- HENDERSON, California