Monaco Reviews on RV Insider (206)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Monaco RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Joel McKown from California says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2011 Monaco Vesta 32PBS View Listings

I bought this Vesta and drove it cross country and back. It drives like a big car (sports car). It especialy handles great after the Instalation of a Steer Safe devise. Pluenty of room for the two of us and our two dogs. More storage room than I'd ever use. This coach has all the high end RV features, tile floors, coriand counters, ice maker, full Quean sized bed, air suspension, air brakes, right sized porcelain torlet etc. etc. The NAVSTAR international MaxxForce7 V8 twin turbo diesal engine has pluenty of get up and go and cursing at 70mph is a brease. The aerodynamic designed rig is made to travel. The 55 degree turning radius makes cultisacs no problem even with a three point turn in the smallest of them, and getting in and out of the smallest gas stations which I thought I'd never do or pulling into a fast food restraunt is no problem (I was not towing another car). I love my Vesta, it has every high end feature you want and at 32 feet it is the right size. It is definately an eye catcher, can't tell you how many people came over to take a look, take a picture! and ask questions about my Vesta. It is a "one of a kind" in RV history.
- Joel McKown, California

2020-11-21 2007 Monaco Diplomat 40PRQ View Listings

Love this RV. It has an awesome huge floor plan having the super slide! Full size refrigerator makes for easy living! 400 HP makes it easy to pull anything and does awesome in the mountains.Nice tile floors. Great solid surface countertops. Memory foam king size master bed. Air over spring queen sofa sleeper.
- Laurie Hall, Indiana

2020-11-15 2000 Monaco Windsor 38PB View Listings

Awesome for fulltiming! Large tanks, almost 500 Watt Solar panels, easy to drive, especially with upgraded tires, Storage Cabinets cover all walls front to back! Extremely large kitchen with comfortable sink area can see out windows in kitchen, WIFI Booster, SeaLevel upgrade, Wood Floor - not Prego!, Kool-O-Matic still good - replaced motor - 2014, New Fresh Water Pump, Pressure Tank and Controller, New Hot Water Heater-2015, Digital Thermostat for htr, LED Interior Lighting, Frt A/C only - Rear removed. Replaced with Ceiling Thermostat Exhaust Vent, PAC Brake, Exhaust Manifold Bolts replaced!, SeaLevel Tank Monitor System, Well maintained as needed and maintenance since we fulltimed in it
- Bernie Martin, Texas

2020-10-24 2015 Monaco Dynasty 45P View Listings

After alot of research and having owned 2 other Monaco motorhomes, I was looking to upgrade. I stumbled across a 2012 Dynasty and everyone told me I need to get newer. I then found this coach. While I am being told it's not a "true" Monaco coach, I am completely satisfied with everything about this coach. I did alot of researh and looked at everything online that I could. I saw some people that were not pleased with theirs, but I found one review that changed my mind. I am so glad that I purchased this amazing motorhome!! We just finished a 4 state road trip and I had prople driving up next to me giving me the "thumbs up" Wow! this has never happened with any other coach I have owned. I am not going to say it's trouble free, EVERY COACH HAS ISSUES! my biggest issue is that all the electric blinds dont always work flawlessly! Lol what a problem!! One other thing is that my wife never got excited about the other coaches we have owned but this one she says every day how much she likes it! Thanks Monaco and REV group for building a great product!
- Rusty russell, California

2020-10-23 2005 Monaco Esquire 30 View Listings

Best Rv we have used!! You can just tell it is a superior quality by driving or using any of its features. It is heavy insulated so it makes it very usable in the Canadian climate. Or if we are in South United States in the summer the heavy insulation works well with the air conditioner too
- Alyssa H., Iowa

2020-10-15 2003 Monaco Safari Trek 2630 View Listings

great to drive and has a lot of storage and living space. The floor plan is great, kitchen is large. Great living space. quality rig all the way, Have to use up the 200 min requirement on this review, which is ridiculous
- Linda, Indiana

2020-10-06 2007 Monaco Knight 40PBD View Listings

I went to the parking lot of Hart City Supercenter and the sign on the windshield I sent a text...in less than 5 minutes I was greeted by a broker named Chris. He has been retailing RVs for over 30 years...knowledgeable and super friendly...
- Bryce Huffer, Indiana

2020-09-26 1992 Monaco Dynasty 40 View Listings

Incredible quality, the coach is 28 years old and still going strong. Cabinets are solid oak and still tight and functional. The chassis drives incredible. The Road Master chassis is a great design and remains basically the same today. The 8.3 turbo Cummins is an outstanding engine. When it is time to upgrade another Monaco product is definitely in our future!
- Lon, California

2020-09-26 2001 Monaco Windsor 40PDB View Listings

Would like to know ceiling height from floor. Very important! What size are all tanks ? How long is bed? I like the cleanliness! Is there an oven? How is the fuel mileage? My husband has a class one drivers license.
- Margaret Pugh, British Columbia

2020-09-16 2003 Monaco Diplomat 38PST View Listings

It is a well built MH with features that are still in new luxury units, like diesel engine but no DEF needed. 7.5 Kw Onan genset. 100 gallons of water and large holding tanks. Heat pump, microwave convection oven, hydraulic jacks etc. It is simpler than new units. No Def, guages that are guages and not a video screen, lots of windows that open and allow natural ventilation along with window awnings over all side windows. The electronics are still simple to use and fix. Gas/electric frig and water heater making it great for dry camping. Wide hallways when pushed in and you can still cook and do anything camping in a parking lot that you can do pushed out in campground except plugging in, but with the windows open and 4 batteries or running the furnace over night you will do fine without plugging in. It is easy to update with LED lighting and HD compatible satellite domes. Meanwhile the aluminum exterior is incredible for its longevity. Woodwork is also great. It is just one of those old goodies.
- Bob, Minnesota

2020-09-14 2003 Monaco Diplomat 38PST View Listings

The '03 Monaco Diplomat was made with old school quality. It has all the big features you want, like Cummins 330 Diesel no DEF! 7.5 Onan diesel Genset, 100 gal of water, large holding tanks, gas/electric appliances. What never gets talked about is the beautiful amount of windows and the awnings that extend to shade windows for long sunlit stays south. The fresh air that comes with all the windows open is not found in the newer mhomes. Aluminum roof and great gelcoat. For the price and quality it is a bargain against newer poorer quality units.
- Bob, Minnesota

2020-09-13 1999 Monaco Diplomat 38A View Listings

Monaco has an excellent reputation for dependability, luxury, and overall quality workmanship. We have enjoyed the motor home and had very few issues during the time that we owned it- over 10 years. We hate to depart with it, but we are purchasing a smaller new motor home so that I can, also, drive it. It handles extremely well and gets approx 12 miles to the gallon. We highly recommend the Monaco motor homes!!
- Judy Braund, Wisconsin

2020-09-03 2008 Monaco Dynasty Nottingham View Listings

Glamping at it's finest. Built to last, often mistaken for new. Between the interior comforts and superior design you can go unhooked comfortably or hangout plugged in wherever the road goes. Tons of storage in and below, huge black and gray tanks, fuel tank gets you half way across country. Great refrigerator, convection oven, propane cooktop, huge tank. Select Comfort King bed, fantastic sleeping pull out. Tires, batteries, engine, chassis, Aqua Hot, and generator service all fresh. 3 new A/C/Heat Pumps. Many extras. 1 year Warranty.
- Cs_nelms, Arizona

2020-08-23 2007 Monaco Safari Simba View Listings

The best rv I've ever owned, wish they still made them to this level of quality, I'd buy another in a second. Easy and comfortable to drive. Never any problems. We traveled across country twice with one and camped in 15 National parks, greatest memories ever!
- David, Florida

2020-08-21 2008 Monaco Dynasty 42 Diamond IV View Listings

We traveled across many months of highway in our Monaco, we have wintered in the south several years staying for several months very comfortably. The solid quality in workmanship in this rig is hard to beat. The solid wood oak trim is beautiful, none of that plastic fake trim. It has 4 slides that when open give so much floor space, it was comfortable to entertain guests and on occasion include extra family members to join us on vacations. There is more than enough room comfortably move through the coach when all sides are pulled in for highway travel. The central vac system makes cleaning so easy and convenient, having washer and dryer on board was essential at times on the road when there were no laundrymats in remote locations. But most important, riding the roads, weather it was highways, back country roads, or city expressways, this motorhome handles with easy, smooth ride, quiet. Even tight spots were easier to navigate than our other class B+ motorhome. The water system is outstanding, always enough hot water, great filtration system to make our water system safe. Even in cold weather, this aqua hot heating system kept us warm and the floors comfortable. The storage space in this motorhome is plentiful, we had enough room to store several seasons of clothing to take with us, every essential living supplies that we would need and not have to stop very often to replenish. There is so much storage space that we never even used all of the cupboards or underneath bins. The diesel engine has fabulous power, going through mountains, major highways, or anything we faced, we never worried that we couldn't handle the grade even with a tow vehicle. The large fuel tanks allowed for longer road travel times without the need to stop for refueling. The airbag leveling system made it a breeze to set up camp even in the most uneven campsite locations. Also the airbag system provides the smoothest ride going down the highway, it feels almost as if you are sitting in your easy chair in your living room. The video camera system allows the driver to keep a close eye on the traffic on both sides of the motorhome as well in the rear that allows safe lane changes as well as ease in parking and backing up. All of the windows provides great lighting as well as optimal views of the country as you travel the country and when you are stationary, you have plenty of light, fresh air windows and ceiling vent fans to keep comfortable and enjoy the whole RV experience. The master bedroom with the queen size bed has bedside windows to provide fresh air as well as to be able to safely keep an eye on what is going on outside around your rig along with the bedside security camera monitor that you can view all sides of the motorhome without having to go outside to check on anything questionable when you are in an unfamiliar location. The power window shade provide protection for your vision from the sun when it gets to a level that is in your eyes to provide better driving ability. The motorized entry steps provide easy entry and exit along with the lighted handrails both inside the motorhome and one light handrail on the outside. Makes it easy to find your grab bars in the dark for safety. So, as much as we absolutely love our motorhome, We hate to give her up, we are at a time for a new phase in life which predicts less travel time for us. It is time to let another family enjoy this beautiful rig and all of the experiences that come with comfortable travel to see this beautiful country of ours. She has many, many more miles to go and lots of power. This chassis and engine will outlast and outrun and get you to every destination of your dreams that you can go by highway or back roads.
- Sandra Stone, Michigan

2020-08-03 2004 Monaco Executive 45PBQ View Listings

Love the power and towing ability. The automatic air leveling is a great feature. Full size refer and all the cabinet storage is a big plus. Monaco quality is very evident throughout. Cruise, air ride, Big brakes, jake brake, smart wheel, rear camera with side view is very helpful.
- tom-bettejo, Washington

2020-07-13 1997 Monaco Dynasty View Listings

1997 Monaco Dynasty . 40 foot long . Cummins diesel engine, 74 k millage. Engine and gear are in excellent condition , body need paint . There is a new split system inverter air conditioner in salon, new Coleman inverter air conditioner in bedroom. Need 20 amps only. 1 slide, regular generator 6000 watt. Regular refrigerator ( not rv refrigerator) No leaking anywhere . I am ready to exchange this bus for truck camper or travel trailer. Clean title.
- Eugene, Pennsylvania

2020-07-13 2009 Monaco Safari Cheetah View Listings

Livability of this RV is excellent! It has 4 slides, two directly opposite each other in the living/kitchen area and two directly opposite each other in the bedroom. This makes for some of the most spacious living in any RV. It is the first RV I've tried where the family did not feel crowded in it. It also has all the great features needed for great living. We enjoyed the two couches--one is super soft and comfy, the other is firm and supportive. With the two couches, the turned-around pilot & co-pilot seats, the dining chairs and two footstools, we easily sat 10 in the living area with room to spare. My niece could even practice dancing without feeling constrained. This is one of the few class A's that can actually sleep 6--two in the main Queen, two in the sofabed Queen, and 2 small folk in the jacknife couch. The shower easily accommodates people over 6' tall, and has a sliding mechanism so that tall and short people can adjust the height of the shower head easily. It has a built-in combo washer/dryer, and if you know what to expect from these units and how to use them correctly they really are a bonus to have...saving you time and expense going to laundromats. I could throw in a load of clothes, set it and forget it until I was ready to remove the load a few hours later. So handy and easy! The built-in bay heater was wonderful to have in cold climates, and the huge amount of interior storage along with the huge basement (and full-length sliding tray accessible from either side of the coach) made packing/storage/using of items easy. So did the fuel filler available on both sides of the coach, interior/exterior monitoring systems, and other wonderful features like these. We were very pleased with the overall quality, much of which we discovered over time. Right away we noticed the solid wood cabinets and doors. This cuts down on noise transfer as well as durability of latches, as well as looking great! The Onan generator and the Caterpillar engine turned out to be quality items that other RV'ers wished they had, and both started instantly for us every time and proved to be highly reliable. We purchased it on consignment and the dealer didn't recognize that it has a built-in Sanicon Masticator, so we initially purchased sewer hoses, sewer support track, and other sewer supplies. We eventually figured out that we didn't need any of that, which freed up a considerable amount of storage space in the basement, as well as making handling the black and gray tanks quick, easy, and much cleaner! When other RV'ers saw us using it they all wanted it too! I can understand that as the Sanicon is a major upgrade and solves a lot of typical sewer issues. I love that it can pump the contents uphill if needed, so no more worrying about gravity. All of the various tanks seem to be larger than is average size in the industry. We didn't find a thing on this coach that wasn't of good quality. The floor plan was ideal for us. Along with the spacious living area we really appreciated the ability to be able to walk around the queen bed, and the private toilet room with sink, regular door and lock, paired with a vanity sink in the shower area, made it so easy for 3 adults to get ready to go or come back from adventuring and clean up. One could be using the sink in the toilet room, one the vanity sink and the third person in the shower. Everyone has their privacy and plenty of room to move, and the entire coach is still accessible to everyone...privacy didn't mean that you were cut off from the washer/dryer, for example. We really enjoyed that there could be two solid doors closed at night providing great separation and noise reduction between people sleeping, while everyone still had access to the toilet and shower. We also loved the accessibility of the kitchen, refrigerator and cabinets while the slides were closed and we were moving. I wouldn't change a thing about the floor plan. Driving this RV was one of the best things about it! We loved that the engine was in the back, so the cockpit was whisper quiet! I could have a normal volume conversation with someone on the phone while driving, or with the person next to me, and the whole beautiful world was displayed in front of us through the huge, single-pane front window! Add to that that the 6-way auto driver seat was so comfortable, and I was looking for reasons to drive! The engine was so powerful that I never felt a difference whether we were towing or not, and it was very easy to maneuver this large coach, even while towing. We also found it easy to sleep in the back bedroom even with the engine on. It was like having a louder volume sound machine to lull you to sleep. Although there was noise from the engine, it was definitely not enough to affect your ability to take a nap. I even drove an overnight 8 hour shift once with two people asleep in the bedroom and one asleep on the couch. We loved this coach, and I think you would too!
- Laura Ricksecker, Oregon

2020-07-07 2008 Monaco Dynasty Renaissance IV View Listings

The Monaco product , up until March 2009, was known to be one of the top Manufacturers of High Line Diesel Pushers. The Dynasty level was number three from Monaco’s Top. The Renaissance IV , quad slide , bath and a half was one of their most popular floor plans. Great livability for full time use and plenty of power .
- Bob Cotney, California

2020-07-02 2015 Monaco Dynasty 45P View Listings

It was an awesome RV the horse power is amazing the drive the qualities of finish it was the best experience ever after my retirement We traveled all over the country it has everything from heated floors power slide trays it is just the best thing I've ever driven in my life and I am really amazed how great it was
- Steve , California

2020-06-27 1996 Monaco Dynasty Baron View Listings

1996 Monaco Dynasty Motorhome . 40 foot long . Cummins diesel engine, 74 k millage. Engine and gear are in excellent condition , body fare condition . There is a new split system air conditioner in salon, new Coleman air conditioner in bedroom. No leaking anywhere . Needs paint job. I am ready to exchange this bus for truck camper, travel trailer, or pickup truck .
- Eugene Kalendar, Pennsylvania

2020-05-10 2009 Monaco Montclair 282 View Listings

The quality is excellent! Never had an issue, whatsoever. The full body paint allows this unit to continue to look showroom new. The Ford E450 chassis, coupled with the venerable Triton V10, allows for comfortable hassle free driving.
- Keith Day, Michigan

2020-04-05 2004 Monaco Diplomat 38PST View Listings

The Monaco Diplomat has been a super good coach. Having purchased it new, the dealer was very good in taking care of very few warranty problems. Granted, the unit has had very good care and careful usage, it has given super service with little problems. An extended service plan was used a couple of times and would be handy for super major repairs such engine or transmission. Hearing many complaints about other coached, I feel lucky of just bought a well made coach.
- Jack Dever, Indiana

2020-03-26 2007 Monaco Cayman XL 38PBT View Listings

Original owners. All service and maintenance records are available. Cummins ISB325HP diesel engine, Allison 6 speed transmission. 75 gallon diesel tank can fill from either side of motorhome (no special additive needed). 4 air bags, automatic leveling system, full body paint (3M shield on front has been removed) Four door stainless steel refrigerator. Microwave/convection oven. In motion satellite. Blackout day/night shades as well as black out front windshield curtain. All outside window covers, mirror covers, tire covers and front windshield cover included. 10 gal gas/electric water heater. Dual 13.5 BTU A/C & heat pump with digital thermostat. 2 rain sensor fantastic fans. Door, living room, bedroom and kitchen window awnings as well as 19 ft electric Eclipse patio awning. Slide out bay storage tray. 3 camera rear vision system. Splendide 2000S washer/dryer. Central vacuum system. Ceiling fan in bedroom. Sofa is Hide-A-Bed with air mattress. 2000 watt inverter. 8.0 Onan Diesel generator. Sleep number queen bed. Transferable Good Sam Extended Warranty that's good up to 150,000 miles. We lived in this RV full time for 10 years. It is VERY comfortable. We tow a 2015 Jeep Cherokee without any problems. The only reason we are selling is that we purchased a home in Florida and are ready to stop traveling.
- Jackie Hild, Florida

2020-03-25 2011 Monaco McKenzie Ion View Listings

This RV was purchased new in 2012. It is ultra light and tows very nice. The layout is very functional and with the slide out there is plenty of space. I have a family of 6 and a dog and there was room for everyone. Plenty of inside storage for items such as chairs, canopies, bikes, coolers, and any other items you want to bring with. The back door was great to load items like bikes, coolers and tables. Outside storage was enough for essential tools, leveling blocks, propane grills, charcoal and many other items. The bathroom and fridge although small compared to what is in a house, were more than enough for a camping trip weather it be a weekend or a week. Overall this has been a great camper and served us well.
- Curtis, Illinois