KZ Reviews on RV Insider (112)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with KZ RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Carl from Colorado says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2017 KZ Connect 283BHS View Listings

Poor quality trailer from a poor company. Problems with it from day one, resulting in missing most of my camping season so far. Will not be going back to KZ. Plenty of other great manufacturers out there who know how to construct trailers properly without all the teething problems. Save your money people.
- Carl , Colorado

2020-05-10 2016 KZ Durango Gold 380FLF View Listings

This 5th Wheel has been good to us. It has very large living quarters...Very comfortable. It has a high profile..My husband is 6ft 3in. and he had no trouble at all with the height in any one of the rooms. It has 2 in out doors...one by the front kitchen, living, dining area and the other back by the bath, bedroom area...Love having the refrigerator stocked. We bring enough meat and Veggies, in the freezer that we don't have to buy any for 5 plus months. Had many compliments on it. Actually it is a beautiful home away from. with the electric awning over the carpet mat (9x18 ft) that will come with it, makes a nice extra living space...We have been gentle on her, we only went back and forth to Fl. with her and only used her 5 month each time the rest of the time she is parked on a cement pad in Ohio.
- Joan Gibbons, Ohio

2020-05-06 2019 KZ Escape 201BH View Listings

We are very happy with this RV. It's the perfect size for a couple, a small family or grandparents traveling with grandchildren. Has quality construction and appliances. It is a little too heavy to be pulled by an SUV.
- Carol Faiola, Pennsylvania

2020-05-06 2016 KZ Durango Gold 380FLF View Listings

We purchased our 2016 G380FLF in June of 2016 and have had nothing but problems with it since we purchased this fifth wheel. First thing is the self leaving doesnt work unless you camper is already level, even when you are only 2% off level it will not work properly, but we over looked that and went on, we had several other problems also but still moved on. Our first major problem that we couldn't move on from was the frame around the front passenger side slide, when we had it in a RV shop for warranty work the guy showed us that the frame was broke and told us we would need to take it back to the dealer we purchased it from to be fixed, so we did and then got the run around that it would not be fixed under warranty and we would need to pay for it, Well that didn't work for us so after several months and emails and phone calls KZ decided they would fix the frame and they did. Now 1 year later and only 4 camping trips the same frame is broken again and KZ wanted us to bring the camper to them (16 hours away, 1069 miles) and the would inspect the camper and our tow vehicle (which is a 2003 dodge 1 ton with air ride and has been 200000 miles hauling nothing but fifth wheel campers) and if they deemed it was the same break from the last repair they might fix it for free but would defiantly fix it at a discount to us and we would need to sign a waiver that if it broke again that KZ would not be responsible. So of course we didn't or haven't taken this to KZ since we have no guaranty that it would be fixed at their cost and they wouldn't pay me to haul it to them (1069 miles one way) The first time this happend we did alot of research on the KZ front Living fifth wheel and found that KZ has had this issue in the past and had to replace or buy back some other fifth wheels, but in our case It seems we are just out of luck in getting our camper repaired unless we want to pay for it our-self (and that is just not fair for anyone) So here we are with a $68,000.00 POS that we cant get KZ to stand behind. So hopefully you get my point? DO NOT purchase a KZ product because even if you purchase the extended warranty like wed did they will not stand behind their product. I almost forgot, KZ doesn't build there frame's, another company does which is LCI, so that make's my problem even worse, dealing with 2 company's.
- Michael Benedict, Texas

2020-05-04 2019 KZ Sportsmen C170RD View Listings

As of this the review the camper has not left my yard. Picked up new from dealer 4/2020. Upon getting camper ready for use found out how poor it is. Materials used to build the unit appear to be average quality but how it is built is another question, poorly to say the least. here are just a few issues, first time getting into the bed corner pushed in due to plywood hatch being cut incorrectly and hinge only attached with 5 screws, moldings are missing in 3 areas, flooring puffed, closet bar miss installed, water tank hold down loose, missing sealant around air conditioner, only one screw holding microwave tray, wrong size screws used throughout the camper and really cheesy ceiling vents with no fans. All this and we have not even turned on anything yet or used it. Most of the issues would not exist if KZ had even a slight amount of quality control. The Company also cut corners by not installing a few basic items, Ex, Range Hood, Ladder to Roof, Bathroom Sink, Metal Kitchen Sink and Faucet, Inset Fire Extinguisher. If you want Poor Build Quality and Corners Cut this is the unit for you!
- Brian Sherwood, New York

2020-04-02 2019 KZ Escape 191SS View Listings

There are many design layouts for this camper, some are better than others. I love my 191SS, great storage and it has a place to hang clothes which is not that easy to find in this size of trailer.
- Marty Cline, Nebraska

2020-04-02 2019 KZ Sportsmen LE 291RKLE View Listings

Purchased this Rv Feb. of 2019 at a great price. We've used it maybe five times since purchase. this past Thanksgiving while at a rv park with the slide out it started raining. This is the first rain with it out, it started leaking. Dropped it off at the dealer the next week for repairs, which they had for a month supposedly for warranty work. The first time out this March it rained and the slide leaked again. Back to the dealer. Now KZ will not cover the repairs. As the old saying goes Buyer Beware. Will never buy this brand or one within Thor industries brands.
- Ronald Doyle, Georgia

2020-03-29 2016 KZ Sportsmen Sportster 180TH View Listings

After less than 8,000 miles there are large cracks in the frame rails near the suspension on the right and left rails. The welds on the leaf spring mounts are cracked on the left side and the right side. I don't trust it enough to use it again.
- Keith Busch , Colorado

2020-03-22 2008 KZ Spree 323RL View Listings

We've went on trips to camp grounds about 5 times very easy to pull with tow sway bar hitch and bn kept up in really good condition sleeps 6 people comfortable has been kept clean all maintenance done at expected times
- Jeremy Menard, Louisiana

2020-03-03 2018 KZ Connect 261RL View Listings

This RV is built poorly and has had to be in for service on warranty several times. The selling dealer McClains provides horrible service and keeps unit at least 3 months for any warranty repair. KZ had allowed another RV dealer service the unit (RV Guys Valley View) and they were excellent in providing the service needed in a 1-2 week time frame. But now KZ will not allow them to do service warranty and said it has to go back to original dealer. So KZ is not customer oriented after explaining the headaches with MCClains. Overall camper was fair and towed well. Floor plan is good, but customer service from KZ has turned us off from this brand of trailer.
- Dewayne , Texas

2020-02-19 2019 KZ Sportsmen 302BHK View Listings

In May of 2019 me and my family purchased a kz sportsmen 302bhk fifth wheel. everything was great at first. as experienced rv people know that the first year of a new rv can have some challenges. but now that its Feb. of 2020 my rv has been at the dealer service shop since Jan. no repairs have been done to it due to kz manufacturing denying responsibility. the problems are... first month a piece of paneling buckled loose, and the awning was coming loose from the side of the rv. within the first six months the mdf boards that have a synthetic film over them to simulate real wood in the outdoor kitchen started to swell due to the outdoor fridge defrosting and leaking while your towing it down the road. this fridge is not on an inverter so it only stays cold when the rv is plugged in. and there is more paneling coming loose on the inside of the outdoor kitchen as well. and as for a safety concern the trailer bucks very badly. as I was pulling it I had my wife take a video of the hitch and its lifting up so high that its picking my truck hitch up. I brought this to kz manufacturing's attention and they said it was normal but what I find funny is, while mine is being repaired there was another guy who had the same 302bhk as me and the bucking on his caused his trailer tongue to break and his entire front end to come apart. now to tell yall about the HEALTH CONCERN, my rv and the the guys with the broken tongue both have mold growing inside of the slides. this rv is a bunk house model and the bunk house is where my one year old baby girl sleeps. every time we went camping, very shortly after we had to take my little girl to the doctor due to her being ill. come to find out after several months of dealing with this and almost 5000.00 in doctor bills and one er visit, the doctors ran test for symptoms of mold and they linked to being exposed to heavy amounts of mold spores. so in my case iv hired a lawyer. out of owning 4 other rvs, this manufacturer is a big waste of time and money.
- chris bruton, Texas

2020-02-13 2018 KZ Sportsmen 231BLHE View Listings

Since day one this unit has given us issues, floor was ripped out because of a screw in dinette, adhesive paper on all cabinets warped, kitchen sink always loose and not properly caulked, outdoor kitchen warped due to caulking not installed around sink properly, the bathroom black water gauge has never read properly always reads 1/2, the roof flapped over 13 months into ownership insurance stated it was a warranty issue, warranty stated its not.the decals outside of unit have all peeled, screw are always falling out of the exterior bottom trim,unit was in out of shop, nothing was fixed, during the year warranty, extended warranty is a bigger joke.meam while no one is owning up to this lemon. It was made cheap, not sold cheap. Be careful when buying , what the salesman fails to tell you it that even minor repairs could keep your unit in repair shop for months. Theres just not enough time or space to adress my experience with this unit This adds up, prevents full access and usage of your unit. If your like me aNd cant afford to leave it in shop long periods of time due to travel etc, you will be screwed. As warranty will ride out.I. Feel as if they intentionally do this to ride out the repairs,warranty and costs out of pocket. My advice buy an older unit,new ones are not made like they used to be. I handmade numerous attempts to get this resolved, I have yet recieved a response.
- Blanca Roberts , Texas

2020-02-13 2018 KZ Spree 343RSK View Listings

I bought this RV brand new from the dealer. I have had nothing but problems with it from day 1. I just found out that my bathroom is leaking water and shorted out a bunch of my electronics(Bedroom slide and awning and porch light). I will not recommend the KZ product. I have had more than one brand of travel trailers and 5th wheels and this one has had the most issues of being brand new.
- Vicki, Washington

2020-02-06 2018 KZ Connect C261RB View Listings

Ordered this model directly from the factory because I couldn't find one on the market. Loved the floorplan! Largest bathroom for this size RV that I could find. I initially bought it to live in after taking a new job too far from our home to commute. Lived in it for 6-months while the wife and I searched for a new home in the area of my new job. It's the perfect size for the two of us (and her small poodle). The only minor problems I had with the trailer (and remember, I was living in it), was the water pump backflow preventer valve failed on me. Since I was living in the unit and wasn't going to pick up and take it into the dealer for service, I contacted KZ and explained them my problem, and they sent me a new water pump. The water pump was a "cinch" to replace. After purchasing our new home, I did take the trailer into the dealership to have a couple of other minor warranty repairs made: a couple lag-bolts fell out of the slider and there was a recall on my awning exterior controller. While there the service department also noticed that the awning needed to be adjusted a little to better stow underway. I have had a great experience with my RV!
- Gerry Herlugson, Georgia

2020-01-30 2019 KZ Venom 4114TK View Listings

Bought new at the CA rv show where the factory rep was full of broken promises and now the factory says we don't know who told you that but its not true. From awnings that don't work to ac's that wont keep it cool in the summer and no heat in the garage,solar wont keep batteries charged when not in use and the 18' frige that uses way to much lp and battery to run. If it was plugged in all the time it might be ok but for boon-docking in the desert not a real good choice.
- Robert, California

2020-01-26 2015 KZ Spree Connect 260RKS View Listings

We've owned our KZ Spree Connect 260 RKS since August 2015, and have almost 19,000 miles on it. In addition to several week-long trips we've done a three-month cross-country trip and two one-month long trips. When our water pump quit during the three-month trip KZ paid for a local RV tech to replace it. We put 15,000 miles on the original tires before replacing them. The only thing that wasn't as good as we'd like is the jack-knife sofa. It wasn't very comfortable for watching TV so we replaced it with a couple of recliners. Overall we've been very happy with it and we're planning another 3 month trip.
- GG, New Hampshire

2020-01-21 2020 KZ Sportsmen 251RL View Listings

OK- This is my second KZ and my first fifth wheel trailer. Had an MXT toy hauler that worked OK for one person and a H-D. Now we are two so on to a larger unit. I got the Sportsmen because, for one, it is light and tow-able with my half ton. We are content for now but I will say here, I wish I had bought Grand Design. Here is why: 1. I trusted my dealer assertions on insulation. The Climate Package decal is nice but that is all. There is No Climate Package!!! The bed is above the hitch and stays cold all the time. 2.The heat ducts for bed and bath may as well not exist. They do not convey heat. 3.The entire unit is drafty all the time. The walls and windows condense moisture at outside temps below 50 F. There Will Be water damage from this moisture. 4.The "heated pass through" is not heated. And it is poorly finished and rough. 5. Propane consumption requires an additional electric heat source. 6. The digital Device Control is a pain. 7. The drawers are short and do not accommodate utensils. 8. Waste tanks are not heated. KZ has put perfume on a pig with fancy lighting, funky fireplace and a stainless sink. They clearly do not have an interest in quality construction. The expensive theater seating is not anchored and slides around almost at will. We needed a rear hitch so for a bunch more money the dealer put one on. Problem is, it's 27 inches off the ground. It will require a custom minimum 15 inch drop ball mount if I can use it at all. That being said, the living space is adequate for two. I think we can get around the faults until I can move up to a Grand Design Reflections. We have lived in this for one month so we will learn more and perhaps have a different view going forward. In the campgrounds we see many Grand Design and almost no KZ; 10 to 1. That is a statement in itself.
- Larry S. Budzien, Wisconsin

2020-01-04 2020 KZ Connect 241RLK View Listings

first of all we bought a 2019 kz connect 241rlk took it in for the shower floor to be rebuilt and in the process two holes were poked out the exterior wall,they tried painting it but did not match sanded paint off and wanted to put sticker on it,if kz inc built it right from the beginning this would of never happened.we had to wait over a year for kz to build us another trailer.got new trailer from kz and we had to have shower floor done again,and the bubble in shower leaks,also the cabinets in kitchen every time we stop my pots and pans are on floor.overall the layout is GREAT .
- James, Arizona

2020-01-04 2019 KZ Sportsmen LE 261RLLE View Listings

Great camper. Has everything you need to spend as much time as you like camping We spent last summer going where ever the wind took us. Never had any issues. No breakdowns or warranty work needed. Highly recommend this trailer
- Larry K, Texas

2020-01-02 2019 KZ Connect 261RB View Listings

We ordered this camper brand new in 2019 to get the floor plan we wanted. When it arrived at the dealer we went to pick it up and found the brakes weren't working due to over-greasing from the manufacturer. In defense of the dealer, they did replace all four brakes before we could pick it up. During our cross country trip we noticed two deep scratches in the linoleum from the slide-out which was caused by the dinette bench assembly screws being countersunk by a half-inch deeper than they should have been. After our first rainy night we woke up to puddles on the floor in both the kitchen area and the bathroom from defective cracked skylights. Also during our trip while dry camping we could not recharge our batteries using our tow vehicle only later to find out that the 30A auto-re-settable fuse was crushed and inoperative due to over torquing the connection post nut. The trim in a few spots came off inside and a lot of the workmanship was below par. The outside bottom trim was so flimsy that a couple of pieces of aluminum peeled back and I had to tie wrap them back in place. We returned home from our trip in October of 2019 and still have not had either the skylights nor the linoleum repaired. Overall poor craftsmanship and service. We will never buy another KZ product.
- Jerry, Massachusetts

2019-12-04 2020 KZ Durango 259RLS View Listings

First of all love the floor plan. Exterior looks great. Pulls very nicely, water management all inside a side compartment love it, swing down steps are great. Lots of storage inside and underneath. These are all the reasons we purchased. Now the bad. Furnace howled like a stepped on hound. Had to haul it back to dealer 100 miles one way. That was repaired. Refrigerator door will not remain closed while traveling. Bungee cord required. First rain, storm sun roofs leaked! Upon examination found multiple cracks, and missing edge with sealant. Sawdust at window, and vent below on bed and floor after traveling for a day. Recliners have heat and massage, turn on by themselves, or else switches are REAL sensitive. One is a two person effort to close as the mechanism hits support bar. Climate package does not mean the windows are air tight or insulating, cold air flows down you back while sitting at dinning table and feet. My impression is that minimum care in manufacturing.
- Howard Clark, Montana

2019-11-26 2018 KZ Durango 1500 286BHD View Listings

Your search stops here ! Absolutely love this layout! Perfect with the u shaped booth! Lay in one of the TWO comfy queen bunks and watch tv(included) and enjoy the indoor fireplace! Kitchen is so user friendly with the pullout pantry and outdoor kitchen. Master bedroom has a ton of closet space and spacious corner shower !
- Denise , Arizona

2019-11-23 2017 KZ Durango Gold 381REF View Listings

Plenty of trailer for anyone towing down the road to a camp spot. Know your route and fueling needs. Best bet is to fuel up with the big rigs. Your not going to pull this baby into your local gas station. Once you get to your spot set up is quick and easy. Wala! You are home away from home with all the amenities.
- John Miller, California

2019-11-17 2018 KZ Connect C303RL View Listings

Back to shop again , fifth time . Awning dead Again . Outside lights not working neither switches inside or outside work , bench’s pulling off wall, bench’s plywood cut to narrow, pretty much quality is very shoddy. Looks good but very poor craftsmanship, cheap material, seat supports screwed into drywall, supports 1”x 2” look like scrap lumber
- Donald Kimbrough, Texas

2019-11-11 2019 KZ Sportsmen LE 332BHKLE View Listings

OK dont even know where to start other then its a junk manufacturer water lines leaking at both sinks all 8 outlets are on (1) 15 amp circuit and the craftsmanship is anything but quality They put a queen low quality mattress ove a unfinished piece of plywood mattress already torn after 3 nights of camping the walls are made of paneling that is 3/16s" they use batter materials to build model airplanes I can keep going but I hate typing I will take fault at not knowing anything about travel trailers but you buy something brand new thinking your saving yourself future problems not with a KZ TRAILER DO NOT BUY A KZ TRAILER.... SAVE YOURSELF THE THE HEADACHES also do yourself a favor and stay away from YOUNGBLOODS OF KENTUCKY BEING THAT I PAID CASH for my trailer they said they could not deliver for 5-7 days because it took that long to do their 240 point inspection lmao what a joke if they would have done a 10 point inspection THEY WOULD HAVE FOUND ALL THE PROBLEM SO NO INSPECTION WAS DONE NOR WAS THE SWEEP AND VACUUM THAT CAME OUT OF THE MOUTH OF CHASE YOUNGBLOOD WHO ALSO HAD A PROBLEM OVER A $10 WATER HOSE THAT THEY BUY FROM WALMART JUST A BUNCH OF USED CAR SALESMAN HACKS I WOULDNT LET THEM FIX ME A SANDWICH
- RicK Payne, Kentucky