KZ Reviews on RV Insider (128)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with KZ RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Carl from Colorado says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2017 KZ Connect 283BHS View Listings

Poor quality trailer from a poor company. Problems with it from day one, resulting in missing most of my camping season so far. Will not be going back to KZ. Plenty of other great manufacturers out there who know how to construct trailers properly without all the teething problems. Save your money people.
- Carl , Colorado

2020-08-09 2018 KZ Durango 1500 D281RLT View Listings

This RV has exceeded our expectations. A good friend who works in the RV industry highly recommended KZ and he was definitely right. Lots of quality built in and the factory service was the best. Many wonderful memories were created but due to health issues we must find it a new home.
- Linda Santiff , Maryland

2020-08-09 2017 KZ Sportsmen Classic 180BH View Listings

I have completed a number of long trips with no major issues. The only problem was the Norcold fridge stopped working and had to be replaced. Concerns are: Capacity is very low, unless you are travelling very light, this is not the trailer for you. Trailer is very low to the ground, we had to invert the axle to give us better ground clearance. KZ customer service either do not respond (if they don't like the question) or give general answers (sometime seemingly misleading). Nevertheless,this trailer has served us well and has given us some great memories.
- RV Travels , Ontario

2020-08-04 2020 KZ Sportsmen Destination 364BH View Listings

Bought three months ago brand new. Only been in it two months and have some serious water issues. Constantly battling mold and mildew under bed storage in master. Under kitchen sink as the seal seems to be bad and causes serious condensation that is not noticeable unless crawling in cabinets and removing all the drawers. My master bedroom walls are buckling and leaking black stuff down them. I have contacted KZ about their 2 year bumper to bumper warranty and am waiting to hear back. Really makes me second guess this quality from the manufacturer. I thought I got a steal of a deal but now I am thinking I got what I paid for. Also thought I was making an investment instead of paying for places to live while traveling on road for work and this has been a big bummer. Had the light go out inside of trailer for water heater after only a month of it being on. The gutter from beginning leaked all the moisture from AC onto awning so I can only imagine with a little more time how badly that will damage the awning with the sun and water fighting each other.Seems like good quality as with buying a house until you get settled and start noticing the small things that turn into a huge headache.
- Rick Smith, Louisiana

2020-07-29 2019 KZ Connect 281BH View Listings

I bought a new KZ Connect in May of 2109. Within 1 month the silicon around the kitchen sink failed and the counter top delamanated. The bulb seal along the slide out is dry rotting and cracking. The slide out also leaks into the main cabin if you get caught driving in the rain. I have severe delamanation on the sidewall and rear wall which KZ just informed me that they will not warranty. The silicon is failing all over the unit, inside and out. DO NOT BUY ANY KZ PRODUCT! Very poorly constructed.
- Tim Harris, Colorado

2020-07-18 2020 KZ Durango Gold 366FB View Listings

We have taken numerous trips in the 5th and every time we come back something is wrong. Hydraulic went out, leak in bathroom, bed messed up, wall at slide out in main cabin, ... Not a satisfied customer at all!!!
- Connie Nation, Oklahoma

2020-07-12 2018 KZ Sportsmen LE 261RLLE View Listings

Very poor manufacturing quality, beware. Started out finding the power in connection labeled 50a but was 30a,black and gray water was mislabeled, Vinyl Trim Insert around slide out window was not fitted properly and shrunk up over 2 inches which I had to purchase and replace myself. Bench seat at the dining table fell through and had to be put back together and reinforced myself. Shower floor had to be reinforced. USB port did not work but 2 times, I replaced it. Worse yet I had to have the siding stapled, as it was separating from the frame and we found that 90% of it was not even stapled on. Problems are seeming ongoing. We contacted KZ numerous times and their response was fruitless. We will continue our complaints and further review.
- Bill B, Wyoming

2020-07-06 2015 KZ Spree Connect 290IKS View Listings

Bought a trailer brand new and the trailer was having issues from day one. Took it back many times to have issues fixed. Once it was off warranty found a major issue with the trailer caused by some one cutting corners at the factory. Contacted them and was told trailer is off warranty not our problem. Will never buy another unit from them until issues are fixed
- Kyle.sharp, Alberta

2020-06-21 2010 KZ Sportsmen 14RK View Listings

It’s nice for people who want to stay small but keep all the luxury’s of a larger camper. I have a full size truck so it’s like it’s not there. The bed is comfortable for myself my wife and our 2 dogs it’s a bit tight but it will work. Here’s the bad and for me it’s real bad. The camper sits so low to the ground that it is hard to drain your grey and black tanks. We have the side Winder to keep a nice slope for the “water” to drain out of, BUT it is so low to the ground that I can’t use it so the drainage hose is flush with the ground and it will just sit unless you pick it up and drain it. Good news is you can lift the camper 5-6 inches so it is higher and that should do the trick. It also drags bumper if your not careful. It’s a nice little camper amazing for a beginner who is solo or a couple with no kids/1 young kid. I love our camper but if I were to go back I’d buy something else because it would be easier.
- Mitch, New York

2020-06-20 2012 KZ Sportsmen Classic 16BH View Listings

We tented, and purchased are first RV second hand 3 years ago. We loved the layout and liveability of the KZ 19BH for 2 people. We spend 6 weeks in Florida State parks in the Winter and 6 weeks in Provincial State parks in the summer. We travel thousands of miles each year. Trailer is stored on our property in a portable storage shed in the off season. PROS: I debated whether to give 5 star or 0 star to factory support because we never needed them. The trailer has worked well the entire time we owned it. This is a great thing, so I gave it 5 stars. Trailer pulls easily, the size is perfect to enjoy camping in Nature, easier to get campsites as larger sites are booked by larger rigs and usually difficult, if not impossible to reserve. We prefer camping in trees and dirt versus paved RV Pad in a trailer parks. The 19BH has adequate living space for 2 people, rear bunks are useful for occasional visits from grand-children, and double as additional storage when they are not there. Never leaked, all appliances worked very well and never needed servicing the entire time we had it. The exterior washes easily with hose and a bit of soapy water. Servicing electrical panel, accessing the water lines to winterize the trailer and checking the heater, all easy access under back bunk and room to work on the them without having to be a circus acrobat. CONS- why we are moving into a different trailer: First, this trailer is quite liveable for 2 adults and the occasional visit of 2 children, but because we often have our grand-children for 2 to 3 weeks, we found the space to be insufficient as the storage of all the extra stuff needed was a pain, there is just not enough space. Secondly, we are getting older, so climbing over each other to get in or out of the Queen Bed is no longer fun. Opting to find a trailer with Queen bed that we can walk around has gained in importance. Third, I am so tired of converting the dinette area from our bed to a sitting area when it rains to sit and hang out. We mostly eat outside, so we didn't think this would be a problem, but after 3 years, I want a dinette. Mechanically, the only problem we ever had was the drain under the sink. Pipes became loose and water seeped out. They now need to be regularly tighten to avoid water under the counter. Probably needs to go in for servicing so they could re-seal them. We also tired of opening and closing the awning manually. We will be looking for a power awning on the next one. However the awning is great, if you're young, it is easy to put up and pull down, and it has lasted 8 years without breaking so the quality is there. The only other 'complaint' I have is that the size of the Waste Water tank is small so we need to dump regularly when we are camping in parks without full hook-ups. (For us, this is always the case) If I am very conservative with water usage, wash dishes outside and use the bathroom only when I must, we could go 3 days without having to empty the tanks. But if I wasn't careful, the tanks would fill in a day. Our next trailer will have a bigger reservoir, I believe on the KZ 19BH is 15 gallons. It is very small. Overall, I loved the KZ Sportman Classic and will be buying a KZ sportsmen 19foot trailer to replace this one. Same size, simply with a different floor plan and higher end. This one was a great starter model to figure out what we needed to be comfortable, without spending a lot of money. I can now upgrade using knowledge of what's important to us.
- Linda Knisley, Ontario

2020-06-19 2019 KZ Sportsmen LE 291RKLE View Listings

There’s plenty to say about this since day one since I bought the trailer back in July my trailer is not even a year old it’s a 2019 KZ sportsman. The gauges have not worked in my trailer sent so I get a very bad smell I am in so bad you can’t stand it from the toilet there’s got to be something leaking. The guys I bought the trailer from was supposed to help me with the curtains that were torn or blinds which never got replaced I had to Buy them my self, not only the toilet and the curtains plus the curtains that go around the bunkbeds never received that. Now my trailer is coming apart the lamination is coming off the inside walls, or I guess contact paper is what they used as peeling off.. The outside of my trailer is falling apart too it looks like somebody has already tried to put the rubber piece around the trailer back in it is coming out again. The under side of the trailer is nothing but fluffy aluminum and it tore. So I don’t know I’m not a very happy person with my trailer I got to the 32 footer with a pop out I thought is going to be happy instead of being stuck with a lemon and owing over $30,000 for it thank you for listening I wish the company would listen. Don’t buy this trailer it’s falling about in less than a year
- Ethel, Arizona

2020-06-15 2020 KZ Durango 301RLT View Listings

Second KZ product I've owned out of six trailers/fifth wheels altogether. Great improvement in quality from the fifth wheel I owned 8 years ago. So far this is the first RV I've owned that I haven't found any deficiencies in that required taking back to the dealer for warranty work.
- Glenn Newberry, Texas

2020-06-14 2016 KZ Spree 300RLS View Listings

Bad experience. Under designed. Cheap design to reduce cost. I have had 5 tire blowouts in 22,000 miles due to under engineering to reduce cost. 303RLS has 15" wheels which are not strong enough to support the weight of a fully loaded trailer. If they would have spent the extra $300 to fit 16" Class G tires to support this trailer, I would have been happy, but they didn't. I will be happy to sell it and buy a more reliable product. Don't let the low price fool you. You get what you pay for.
- Tim, Arizona

2020-06-13 2018 KZ Mini Escape 181RK View Listings

I have has constant water leaks since I bought the Escape Minie in 2018. Now outside hot water switch can't be switched on. I have water coming down the back of the shower wall that dries up by noon. ??? To what issue is?? Could be AC drawing into wall from top of RV. However, everything was checked out, double checked before I left for 2 months as cap host. This has been a well cared for RV!! It still smells new. I am so disappointed over the constant problems. I can't depend on it to be a stable & usable! It is a constant worry! Its a lemon. Lemon laws apply!
- patty gray, Texas

2020-06-03 2015 KZ Sportsmen 331BHK View Listings

Beware! I had an accident with my KZ Travel Trailer which damaged the right rear corner that required parts (siding an miscellaneous trim pieces) from KZ. The repair was to be done at their authorized dealer. The repair was ordered in October of 2019. In JUNE of 2020, KZ notified their dealer that parts were no longer available for a 2015 Sportsman Trailer. This Trailer was only FOUR years old when parts were ordered and KZ does not have parts available. I would caution anyone considering buying anything KZ that they provide NO SUPPORT for their product. If I had known how awful their customer service is, I certainly would choose ANY other brand. I am not left with their dealer looking to scrounge parts from 3rd party sources. NOT acceptable. Be warned, this is truly a case of CUSTOMER BEWARE!
- Ronald Ziolek, Illinois

2020-06-02 2020 KZ Connect SE 231RBK View Listings

Bought this unit after extensive & intense research. The trailer has a great floor plan and I can't say enough how pleased I am with the full sized shower & bathroom, which are hard to find in most trailers under 30ft. We are tickled pink with our purchase and recommend this floor plan and the Connect brand to anyone who's on a search themselves. I did my homework and glad I did! I am a happy & proud owner of this great Travel Trailer.
- bpschmidt, Texas

2020-05-31 2018 KZ Venom 4012TK View Listings

We absolutely love this floor plan. It is the best floor plan Ina toyhauler I've seen yet. Kitchen is spacious as is living room area. However the build quality is absolutely terrible. I had windows in my slide that leaked into the wall causing the wall to rot from the inside. So by the time I realized the windows were leaking there was massive damage. Also ended up with a slide topper rail that had a sag in it and wasn't sealed well, so that caused an outside wall to start rotting and is all wavy. I have worked on this thing waaaayyyy to much. I bought this unit after someone else owned it for maybe 3 months, kz would not warranty anything cause I am 2nd owner. Chicken manure. I won't buy another ever.
- Justin, Missouri

2020-05-10 2016 KZ Durango Gold 380FLF View Listings

This 5th Wheel has been good to us. It has very large living quarters...Very comfortable. It has a high profile..My husband is 6ft 3in. and he had no trouble at all with the height in any one of the rooms. It has 2 in out doors...one by the front kitchen, living, dining area and the other back by the bath, bedroom area...Love having the refrigerator stocked. We bring enough meat and Veggies, in the freezer that we don't have to buy any for 5 plus months. Had many compliments on it. Actually it is a beautiful home away from. with the electric awning over the carpet mat (9x18 ft) that will come with it, makes a nice extra living space...We have been gentle on her, we only went back and forth to Fl. with her and only used her 5 month each time the rest of the time she is parked on a cement pad in Ohio.
- Joan Gibbons, Ohio

2020-05-06 2019 KZ Escape 201BH View Listings

We are very happy with this RV. It's the perfect size for a couple, a small family or grandparents traveling with grandchildren. Has quality construction and appliances. It is a little too heavy to be pulled by an SUV.
- Carol Faiola, Pennsylvania

2020-05-06 2016 KZ Durango Gold 380FLF View Listings

We purchased our 2016 G380FLF in June of 2016 and have had nothing but problems with it since we purchased this fifth wheel. First thing is the self leaving doesnt work unless you camper is already level, even when you are only 2% off level it will not work properly, but we over looked that and went on, we had several other problems also but still moved on. Our first major problem that we couldn't move on from was the frame around the front passenger side slide, when we had it in a RV shop for warranty work the guy showed us that the frame was broke and told us we would need to take it back to the dealer we purchased it from to be fixed, so we did and then got the run around that it would not be fixed under warranty and we would need to pay for it, Well that didn't work for us so after several months and emails and phone calls KZ decided they would fix the frame and they did. Now 1 year later and only 4 camping trips the same frame is broken again and KZ wanted us to bring the camper to them (16 hours away, 1069 miles) and the would inspect the camper and our tow vehicle (which is a 2003 dodge 1 ton with air ride and has been 200000 miles hauling nothing but fifth wheel campers) and if they deemed it was the same break from the last repair they might fix it for free but would defiantly fix it at a discount to us and we would need to sign a waiver that if it broke again that KZ would not be responsible. So of course we didn't or haven't taken this to KZ since we have no guaranty that it would be fixed at their cost and they wouldn't pay me to haul it to them (1069 miles one way) The first time this happend we did alot of research on the KZ front Living fifth wheel and found that KZ has had this issue in the past and had to replace or buy back some other fifth wheels, but in our case It seems we are just out of luck in getting our camper repaired unless we want to pay for it our-self (and that is just not fair for anyone) So here we are with a $68,000.00 POS that we cant get KZ to stand behind. So hopefully you get my point? DO NOT purchase a KZ product because even if you purchase the extended warranty like wed did they will not stand behind their product. I almost forgot, KZ doesn't build there frame's, another company does which is LCI, so that make's my problem even worse, dealing with 2 company's.
- Michael Benedict, Texas

2020-05-04 2019 KZ Sportsmen C170RD View Listings

As of this the review the camper has not left my yard. Picked up new from dealer 4/2020. Upon getting camper ready for use found out how poor it is. Materials used to build the unit appear to be average quality but how it is built is another question, poorly to say the least. here are just a few issues, first time getting into the bed corner pushed in due to plywood hatch being cut incorrectly and hinge only attached with 5 screws, moldings are missing in 3 areas, flooring puffed, closet bar miss installed, water tank hold down loose, missing sealant around air conditioner, only one screw holding microwave tray, wrong size screws used throughout the camper and really cheesy ceiling vents with no fans. All this and we have not even turned on anything yet or used it. Most of the issues would not exist if KZ had even a slight amount of quality control. The Company also cut corners by not installing a few basic items, Ex, Range Hood, Ladder to Roof, Bathroom Sink, Metal Kitchen Sink and Faucet, Inset Fire Extinguisher. If you want Poor Build Quality and Corners Cut this is the unit for you!
- Brian Sherwood, New York

2020-04-02 2019 KZ Escape 191SS View Listings

There are many design layouts for this camper, some are better than others. I love my 191SS, great storage and it has a place to hang clothes which is not that easy to find in this size of trailer.
- Marty Cline, Nebraska

2020-04-02 2019 KZ Sportsmen LE 291RKLE View Listings

Purchased this Rv Feb. of 2019 at a great price. We've used it maybe five times since purchase. this past Thanksgiving while at a rv park with the slide out it started raining. This is the first rain with it out, it started leaking. Dropped it off at the dealer the next week for repairs, which they had for a month supposedly for warranty work. The first time out this March it rained and the slide leaked again. Back to the dealer. Now KZ will not cover the repairs. As the old saying goes Buyer Beware. Will never buy this brand or one within Thor industries brands.
- Ronald Doyle, Georgia

2020-03-29 2016 KZ Sportsmen Sportster 180TH View Listings

After less than 8,000 miles there are large cracks in the frame rails near the suspension on the right and left rails. The welds on the leaf spring mounts are cracked on the left side and the right side. I don't trust it enough to use it again.
- Keith Busch , Colorado

2020-03-22 2008 KZ Spree 323RL View Listings

We've went on trips to camp grounds about 5 times very easy to pull with tow sway bar hitch and bn kept up in really good condition sleeps 6 people comfortable has been kept clean all maintenance done at expected times
- Jeremy Menard, Louisiana