KZ RVs Reviews (63)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with KZ RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of these RVs.

Carl from Colorado says:

Have you owned any KZ RVs? Write a review

Voted Most Helpful Review 2017 KZ Connect 283BHS View Listings

Poor quality trailer from a poor company. Problems with it from day one, resulting in missing most of my camping season so far. Will not be going back to KZ. Plenty of other great manufacturers out there who know how to construct trailers properly without all the teething problems. Save your money people.
- Carl , Colorado

2019-06-12 2016 KZ Sportsmen Show Stopper 272BHSS View Listings

KZ RV has the worst customer service I have ever experienced from any Company ever. I have reached out to KZ RV customer service twice now. Once for a part ,was told it was discontinued ( my RV is a 2016 )and once to find out info on manufacture of my slide. Nobody knows what they are doing and when its time to Upgrade to 5th wheel , I can guarantee it will not be a KZ brand. There is no excuse for poor training and bad CS with all the resources available to corporations today !
- Tim Mccorry, Alabama

2019-05-29 2010 KZ Durango 325 View Listings

The KZ Durango 325 is an excellant 5th wheel with more storage room than you could imagine. We towed it for approx 4,000 miles and had no problems. With the 3 slides it opens up to a nice wide temporary home or it could even be permanant. The medium size fridge gave us plenty of room for food and the hole house vaccum system works great. It measures out to 34.5 feet and the dry weight is approx 9400 lbs. With the electric fireplace there is no need to burn extra propane to keep the place warm. When all the slides are in you can still get access to the fridge and bathroom with no problems. On a few of the 1 day stops we had, we did not open the slides and was still very comfortable. The only reason for selling is just about a foot to long to get totally into our pole barn for winter storage. Our lose would be your gain and a chance to see this great USA in comfort. Barry Taylor
- Barry Taylor, Washington

2019-04-27 2016 KZ Durango Gold 366FBT View Listings

We wanted to rv full time and researched many rvs and floor plans. This one fit our needs. I truly believe it is a lemon and if I knew how to get the KZ company to take it back I would have it hauled straight to their front office. Besides the worst customer service ever.. we were accused of purposely damaging the unit.. when we took it to the dealer and they found that the back panel was coming loose and the welds on the inside frame were like pieces of bubble gum.. not holding any of the metal frame together, KZ refused to fix it because the warranty was two months expired. How can structural issues not be covered at any time?? And now,thanks to the knowledge and mechanic ability of my son in law, he has found that the axles' bolts are barely holding together. So I feel like we have been driving around a time bomb just waiting to collapse on the highway. Due to owing WAY more than a trade in would give us, we are stuck with it.
- Suzanne McGinnis, Texas

2019-04-07 2019 KZ Connect 241BHK View Listings

We just took out our new bunk house trailer for three nights. I have nothing but great things to says. It held plenty of fresh water for showers and four days of use with no hook ups. Everything worked great heater, refigrator,and no leaks anywhere. No complaints.
- Christina, Idaho

2019-03-25 2008 KZ Inferno 3912 View Listings

I am the owner of this RV, so I am bias to this unit. I and my family have enjoyed every trip in it. When there was a warranty issue KZ handled it promptly. Unit is in great working order. It pulled very well with my 2003 3500 Dodge Ram and then my 2014 3500 Dodge Ram. I bought this unit so I would have it in retirement but the end 2017 brought that dream to a close. I had a severe head injury and my wife is fearful to pull it due to the size. It is easy to handle you will just have to remember it is back there. I hope others will enjoy it as much as we did and planned to until this event.
- Gary Hopkins, Colorado

2019-02-16 2018 KZ Spree 343RSK View Listings

Will never buy another kz junk product. In June of 2018, I bought a brand new kz spree 343rsk. Spent $50k on it. After only 2 months of use in August, the ac crapped out and had a leak in a black water tank fitting which leaked black water down onto the sealed underbelly causing it so pull down away from the frame, leaking sewage onto the ground. Not to mention the stink of it coming up through the vents. Called the dealership I bought it from and also kz. Also called a local guy out to assess everything. He charged me $135 for the service call and said the ac unit leaked out all the coolant and the whole unit would need replaced to the tune of $1500. He quoted $400 to fix the black water tank leak. I said everything is under warranty. He just laughed and said good luck getting it fixed under warranty because no repair shop is willing to wait months if at all to get paid from the manufacturer.I then relayed that information to both the dealership and kz with pictures of everything. All I got from both was a runaround. After 6 months now nothing has been done yet. A week ago some high winds ripped the rest of the underbelly down causing both the grey and blackwater tanks to freeze up. One of the selling points for this model to me was the sealed underbelly lessened the freezing of things because the furnace ducting was close enough to keep everything above freezing temperature. Just today 2/15/19,I had to get under the shower to unthaw a frozen pipe and saw that there is a 18" hole in the floor under the shower along with lots of wood scraps left from construction. I'll now have to figure out how to build some kind of support under the shower so it doesn't cave in. At this point I'm going to seek litigation against kz. As bad as I hate attorneys I'd rather pay one a bunch of money to try to get my money back for this junk product.
- Lance Chapman , Washington

2019-02-04 2015 KZ Spree Connect 260RKS View Listings

The KZ Spree has been a nightmare since we bought it new. We have had numerous issues with the electrical. T add insult to injury when we took it to the dealer we purchased it at the average wait time was 3-4 months. We did not have the camper for 5 months on one warranty service. The hose connection on the back leaks, the inverter has failed, the power plug has been replaced twice, the door has been replaced, the taillights fell off and the A/C has failed numerous times. The unit was dealer priced at $28,000 and we purchased the unit for $22,000 and a year later when I tried to sell it we were offered $13,000. I realize campers have a lot of depreciation but that is over 50% from MSRP and over 20% from our "sales" price. The quality is poor and the resale value is terrible.
- Robert Cleversy, Texas

2018-11-14 2001 KZ Coyote 23CMS View Listings

Excellent overall camper. Plenty of room inside and plenty of storage outside. Excellent AC unit it will freeze you out if wanted. Tied down the road like it isn’t behind you trailer breaks work great. New paint and new flooring inside. Inside refrigerator stove and plenty of cabinet storage to boot.
- Brad McClatchey, Nebraska

2018-10-15 2015 KZ Connect 26ORKS View Listings

We have taken a couple of trips with no problems easy to tow and set up. The air conditioner worked great and so did the heat. Plenty of storage. It has everything you need for a great camping experience.
- Jeanine moffett, New Jersey

2018-10-15 2014 KZ Inferno 4005T View Listings

We have loved this RV since we got it! Feel like the quality is very good! Has tons of room, has 4 queen size beds, and loys of storage. Would definitely recommend to others looking for a fifth wheel toy hauler.
- Shelly Bristow, New Mexico

2018-09-30 2013 KZ Sportsmen 331BH View Listings

Awesome camper. Unique design. Roomy compared to our old camper. Never had to use warranty services as never had any problems with it. There’s lots of storage and the camper is very nice for the money. We’ve paid more for other campers with less features before.
- Dorothy , New York

2018-09-20 2018 KZ Spree Escape E191BH View Listings

Well they got the name right. Escape out of this pos. Built so crappy we call it escrap. refridge died, roof leaked, front bed leaks and keep replacing seals, enough already, its not the seals leaking obviously. Kitchen window leaked. gas flow stopped at 3/4 of tank, shower floors are weak. countless camping trips cancelled. Yes this this a high mileage camper but those miles are from transporting it back and forth to dealer for repairs. One nice thing is I can go skinny dipping in my own indoor pool while its raining. Thank god they stand behind the repairs for now but when warrantee is over, its gone
- Henry Fenhouse, Illinois

2018-09-17 2018 KZ Connect C241BHK View Listings

Purchased a brand new 2018 Sonic Venture 200VML By KZ RVs on 06-08-18 we have had very bad luck with this particular unit. Used RV 4 times this past summer.( and had to cancel last 2 planned camping trips).We had to purchase ice all 4 trips because refrigerator either didn't work on ele and/or gas. Have had it in repair shop 3 times! Here's a list of why... Refrigerate not working properly, Arm rest broke, Kitchen and bathroom sinks had/have leaks, All the molding falling off above bed and couch, USB plugs inoperable, window not staying open, emergency window inoperative, screen door closure inoperable, paneling popping out, Found a crack in the roof, which is requiring a whole new roof system. On the bright side figured out why the back bathroom floor was always wet. Thru all 4 trips we have not been able to enjoy our camping trips at all due to all the problems with this unit. Our last trip you could say we had good luck, because we didn't become a fatality. My husband goes to take a shower and we have no propane. Son hooked up one of his tanks to ours and discovered we had a huge gas leak. Discovered that either manufacturer or dealership repair shop tried to repair gas leak by using vice grips on gas lines. We were very fortunate that we didn't have our campfires at our campsites. It's almost as if this unit totally missed the final inspection on the line. We cannot with a sound mind use this RV unit again Our recommendation...buyer beware!!
- Kathleen Lobato , Colorado

2018-08-13 2017 KZ Connect Lite C231RL View Listings

This rv is great to sleep in and have a lot of friends over to party at the park with. It's a smooth ride when it is being pulled. Their are lights on the outside of the rv that can change colors if you would like.
- Craig Guenther, Texas

2018-07-26 2012 KZ Spree 301FK View Listings

have Had this KZ 301 FK for over 6 years now. Has only needed a few minor repairs and all were fixed promptly. We love the trailer. We travel about 3000 miles a year with it and spend 25 - 30 nights a year in it.
- Janis johnson, Missouri

2018-07-18 2018 KZ Sportsmen LE 261RLLE View Listings

Camper has a nice layout, tows well. The QC (Quality Control) is poor. Got it home and walking around it I found some of the skirt screws were coming out and would not hold when screwed back in, so I used blue lock tight to set them. Some of the areas had up to 3 different types of screws on the right side to secure the skirt. Some of the screws retaining the framing on the inside were in the same condition. The roof drain spout on the right side was 3/8 of an inch out of alignment, so I took it off and reset it. The trimming in that area was bent out of alignment, so I had to fix that. The sticker for the electrical hook up was labeled for 50A, but is actually 30A. May up date as we use it and see how everything goes. Rated Warranty as 2, as no calls were returned.
- Bill B, Wyoming

2018-07-13 2014 KZ StoneRidge 38FL View Listings

I have had mine going on 3 years and have had no quality issues. I travel for work and live in mine. Have had minor things but nothing I could blame on KZ. I got the 4 season package and have lived in -10 weather with no freeze ups and very efficent heating. I do my own maintnance and this thing is solid. I would buy another with no worries.
- Robert, Indiana

2018-06-27 2018 KZ Durango 1500 D281RLT View Listings

So far very disappointed in this fifth wheel. Bought in December have not even been able to use because of roof problems. First it was thought lack of attention to adhering the membrane down. Loose by the front cap. Upon inspection found to have small holes in the membrane. Well now we have nothing but silence. We have sent pictures of the holes and the poor workmanship. Nothing no answer. As another criticism. The leveling controls on the right of trailer not on the same as the driver side. What engineers thought up that brilliant idea. When Kz thought it was a simple inexpensive fix it was ok'd but when it is expensive apparently they go round and round with the vendor as who is responsible for this failure. While the customer waits. Completely unacceptable. Can't really score the livability as have not been able to use.
- Edward Vock, South Dakota

2018-05-27 2006 KZ Escalade 37REB View Listings

My Wife and I bought our RV to Travel and Live in. We live in it for 2 years. It's designed to handle the Winter weather as well as the hot Summer days.We spent 2 winters in it with no problems with freeze-ups or need for additional heat sources. We did invest in a heated water water supply hose. The electric fireplace helped with chilly nights to save on propane. The Full King Size bed has a memory foam mattress and is better than the mattress we have in our home. The only reason we have decided to sell our RV is because of my Health problems and eye sight. It's a shame to have it sitting in the driveway not being used.
- Victor Sessions, Tennessee

2018-05-12 2008 KZ Escalade 37SB View Listings

We purchased the RV so we could go visit as many state as possible over a year. We had a fantastic time with the RV was great, no problems with the unit at all. It is easy to tow even for the size, by far one of the best built RV's for the money. The unit is very livable and is easy to setup and take down. Some many people thought the unit was new and were surprised when we told them it was used. A lot of the new ones are not as well built as this one.
- Steve Colton, Arizona

2018-05-10 2008 KZ Escalade 37SB View Listings

This RV is very livable for someone wanting to travel and to have a nice place to come home too. The coach is well insulated, is rated for Canada winter and has a very open floor plan. Easy to tow and easy to setup with auto leveling system and power cable hookup. Plenty of storage.
- Steve Colton, Arizona

2018-02-03 2016 KZ Sportsmen Sportster 180TH View Listings

I looked for 2 years for this floorplan for 2 people and love it. Has every feature I wanted as well as my husband (dual axle was top priority). Sorry that the new versions have none of what we want. Everything worked as expected except for one thing. Life threatening! When we filled the water tank, the support sagged down to the propane line and cracked it! Was leaking gas right under the trailer! Did't bother with warranty since my husband is handy and didn't want to fight the dealers all summer. Had to reinforce the water tank and rerun the propane line.
- Judy W, Minnesota

2018-01-17 2017 KZ Durango Gold 382MBQ View Listings

To date I have been trying to convey the severity of the problems with my unit. I have taken it to three dealers and they won't touch it and state send it back to the factory. After 8 months I finally got the factory to pick it up. We sent detailed pictures of issues from poor quality Assembly materials and a list of the problems. This unit expands and contracts so much from week to week twisting and pulling itself apart. From door frames that no longer fit or close to slides that one can see daylight. The wood work chips from normal use and there is not a straight cabinet door in the unit. From weekend to weekend over the summer I was noting things changing in the unit, swollen trim bulging from the wall to slides sagging and no longer appearing square, the bathroom mirror fell off the wall. when talking to the Support at KZ it took weeks to convince them of the extreme issues with this unit and when it got looked at by them it is all downplayed like there is no issue. My fear is the unit comes back with the same problems as they just don't seem to understand that when things expand and contract with the kind of movement they continue to do so. A Very disappointed owner of the $80,000 poor quality unit.
- Charles Burton, Wisconsin

2017-12-09 2016 KZ Durango 1500 D281RLT View Listings

We've had this 5er over a year and we have not been disappointed in it. We've taken two 3-week trips and 5-6 long weekend trips in it. There have been a few minor problems-auto leveling system, window blinds, and the remote control but the dealer took care of those things in one trip. Like virtually all RV's, this is built to a price and weight point. It holds everything we need to carry and tows comfortably behind my Nissan Titan XD. The feature we love the most is the floor plan. It's compact but perfect for two people. We had 6 people in it once for a week and things got a little tight but that's the exceptional situation.
- Mike G., Texas