KZ Reviews on RV Insider (137)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with KZ RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Carl from Colorado says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2017 KZ Connect 283BHS View Listings

Poor quality trailer from a poor company. Problems with it from day one, resulting in missing most of my camping season so far. Will not be going back to KZ. Plenty of other great manufacturers out there who know how to construct trailers properly without all the teething problems. Save your money people.
- Carl , Colorado

2020-10-19 2017 KZ Sportsmen Classic 160QB View Listings

KZ 180QB.2017. Good for a couple. Quality goes with the price, on the low side. Good layout, no issues, except Norcold fridge broke and had to be replaced. It rides very low to the ground, the dealer reversed the axle to give it better road clearance. Big issue is the low carrying capacity of around 500 pounds. Once you have gas bottles, batteries, some water in the tanks (heater and freash), there is little room for anything else. KZ also state that the GVWR of 3500 pounds, includes people when stationary. This pretty much means you are always overloaded.
- RV Travels, Nova Scotia

2020-10-18 2019 KZ Sportsmen Classic 180THT View Listings

Multiple problems encountered in 1st year purchased new. The couch/bed collapsed while me and disabled wife sitting on it. The screws and paneling it was attached to failed, held on by 3 screws, and staples.... Fridge leaks, never worked right. Leveling jacks failed due to 2 cheap self tapping screws holding them on. Multiple holes not sealed letting dust inside the cabin. Gas lines ran on underside of frame, rocks hitting it causing leaks, why not run inside frame for protection??? Spare tire holder bolts failed, and when tailgate lowers it hits license plate bending plate. Where is quality control, sleeping ???? Positive- tows good, good height.
- David L, Nevada

2020-10-11 2019 KZ Sportsman 364BH View Listings

I like that the living room is spacious and that the kitchen is separate from the living room. Didn’t have it for a month and one of the kitchen chairs broke. The microwave had to be replaced. This year we had to have the furnace repaired and it is only a year old. The piece of wall above the slide out is buckling. I think it is stupid that when you walk into the bedrooms to turn the light on the first switch is the slide out button not the light switch. The camper is on a permanent spot so the only time you have to use the slide outs is in the spring and fall. I don’t like that if you want the light on above the sink you have to turn all the lights on in the living area. The table must just be painted to look like wood because it is wearing off. Don’t get me wrong, I really do like the camper there are just somethings that should have been done differently.
- Patricia Ressler, Pennsylvania

2020-09-21 2017 KZ Durango Gold 381REF View Listings

This RV is like a home away from home. We pulled it everywhere we wanted to go with our 3/4 ton PU. That is quite a statement for a 41' fifth wheel! This trailer has 5 pop out's, and when set up, it is very comfortable and has the room of an apartment. It never felt cramped, and our family had plenty of room to sprawl out and watch TV, or what ever they wanted to do inside. Lots of storage outside for all your camping equipment and recreational toys. It is best to plan your route and stick to it. This rig is not something you want to drive through the city streets. Trust me I have done this a time or two... We are sad to see it go. Due to our work schedule we have only been able to use it three times, since buying it new. We are moving to AK. and need to downsize our belongings and our RV made the list. The six point leveling system makes it a snap to get set up and ready to use. It takes me about 15 minutes to set up- level and hook up sewer, water, electric and cable. About the same when you get ready to leave. This is going to be a great addition to someone for years to come.
- John Miller, California

2020-09-20 2020 KZ Sportsmen LE 292RLLE View Listings

VERY DISAPPOINTED WITH THE CAMPER. Bought in April nothing but trouble. Furnace didn't work, finally got it fixed in September. Wiring is not right so air conditioning didn't work when furnace was fixed. Spliter for satellite was crushed in the wall, no cable wire in the wall to even hookup the satellite. Latch on bathroom vanity latch broke. Mattress hard as a rock. I am sure we will find more, if we don't get rid of it soon. Won't buy this brand again and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.
- Patty smith, Missouri

2020-09-13 2012 KZ Spree 261RKS View Listings

Have loved this RV. Lots of storage, very comfortable floor plan. Lived in unit for 3 months - 2 adults and a small dog. Camper is parked on concrete drive next to house when not camping. Husband regularly checks tires, bearings, caulking, etc. Husband is retired firefighter and is meticulous about the maintenance.
- Brenda Kellogg, Virginia

2020-09-11 2015 KZ Spree MC250BHS View Listings

Comfortable floor plan. Favorite part is the out door kitchen. Tows easy. No Warranty Issues. Plenty of under trailer storage. Beds are comfortable. AC and heat work great. Great choice. Would buy this model again.
- Kelly Berry, Texas

2020-09-11 2018 KZ Durango Sport View Listings

I purchased a Durango fifth wheel ( KZ MANUFACTURING owned by THOR INDUSTRIES) in June of 2018 and I have had numerous issues with it. The day I took it home I plugged it up to get it ready for the first trip, next day went out to start getting ready for trip and the outside plug assemble had pulled loose from the exterior of the RV under the mere weight of the power cord...They had attached the exterior plug assembly to the outside wall of the RV with 1/4 long screws only penetrating into outside layer of fiberglass wall 1/8 inches. I Had to repair this the proper way myself and upon tell KZ I wasn’t offered any compensation for cost and labor, just received comment “ that’s a good idea” when I explained how I repaired it. While on my first trip a few days later the entire shelving collapsed in the pantry. I spent two days of my vacation and material cost repairing this issue myself (same response as plug issue when I reported it to them)( they had put 1/8 inch thick panel shelves spanning 34 inch by 20 inch with 1/2 inch particle board braces along each end...no bracing across middle. Bear in mind we had 5- 6 cans of veggies and a loaf of bread on two of the shelves. )Took it in to dealer February 6,2019 for repairs and it took more than 3 months to get it back. If I had not called constantly to the dealer and KZ and Thor Industries I wouldn’t have gotten it back that soon. One of the issues was the kitchen and bathroom counter tops...the laminate was coming loose from the material used under it. Design flaw. I have this problem again in May of 2020 same issue still under warranty. First time they just replaced with exact same counter tops and design. I researched this and discovered that they changed to this design to save money...old design used a better resign based material that was a solid piece that would not allow moisture to penetrate it. I asked them to replace my counter top with the cheapest material of this kind at a cost of $ 2095 dollars. That was with me doing some of the work as the cabinet counter company doesn’t do plumbing ( ie unhooking and hooking up the sink drains and faucets. ) I was told they would cover $450 and 1.5 hrs of labor. This amount less than hat dealerships charge them to fix this issue. This unit Msrp at $54000 ! THOR ANNOUNCES NET SALES OF $2 BILLION, IMPROVED GROSS PROFIT MARGIN AND HIGHER BACKLOG FOR THE SECOND QUARTER OF FISCAL 2020 03/09/20 And they can’t fix my issues that cost less than $2500.00 This particular issue was not exclusive to my RV, another customer whom I will not name at this time had his replaced eight times to no avail. I will not buy another product made by KZ nor governed by the parent company Thor Industries if they cannot stand by their product.
- Gary Whitton, Texas

2020-08-29 2019 KZ Sportsmen LE 190THLE View Listings

It was built on Friday afternoons and Monday mornings Door latches at the wrong heights , wall panels not glued properly, Loose screws everywhere and its a toy hauler with the floor so soft that i was putting down plywoods so my motorcycles wouldn’t go true the floor and now i have to spend a lot of money to reinforce the floors Very poorly built.
- Frederic Ainslie , New Brunswick

2020-08-09 2018 KZ Durango 1500 D281RLT View Listings

This RV has exceeded our expectations. A good friend who works in the RV industry highly recommended KZ and he was definitely right. Lots of quality built in and the factory service was the best. Many wonderful memories were created but due to health issues we must find it a new home.
- Linda Santiff , Maryland

2020-08-09 2017 KZ Sportsmen Classic 180BH View Listings

I have completed a number of long trips with no major issues. The only problem was the Norcold fridge stopped working and had to be replaced. Concerns are: Capacity is very low, unless you are travelling very light, this is not the trailer for you. Trailer is very low to the ground, we had to invert the axle to give us better ground clearance. KZ customer service either do not respond (if they don't like the question) or give general answers (sometime seemingly misleading). Nevertheless,this trailer has served us well and has given us some great memories.
- RV Travels , Ontario

2020-08-04 2020 KZ Sportsmen Destination 364BH View Listings

Bought three months ago brand new. Only been in it two months and have some serious water issues. Constantly battling mold and mildew under bed storage in master. Under kitchen sink as the seal seems to be bad and causes serious condensation that is not noticeable unless crawling in cabinets and removing all the drawers. My master bedroom walls are buckling and leaking black stuff down them. I have contacted KZ about their 2 year bumper to bumper warranty and am waiting to hear back. Really makes me second guess this quality from the manufacturer. I thought I got a steal of a deal but now I am thinking I got what I paid for. Also thought I was making an investment instead of paying for places to live while traveling on road for work and this has been a big bummer. Had the light go out inside of trailer for water heater after only a month of it being on. The gutter from beginning leaked all the moisture from AC onto awning so I can only imagine with a little more time how badly that will damage the awning with the sun and water fighting each other.Seems like good quality as with buying a house until you get settled and start noticing the small things that turn into a huge headache.
- Rick Smith, Louisiana

2020-07-29 2019 KZ Connect 281BH View Listings

I bought a new KZ Connect in May of 2109. Within 1 month the silicon around the kitchen sink failed and the counter top delamanated. The bulb seal along the slide out is dry rotting and cracking. The slide out also leaks into the main cabin if you get caught driving in the rain. I have severe delamanation on the sidewall and rear wall which KZ just informed me that they will not warranty. The silicon is failing all over the unit, inside and out. DO NOT BUY ANY KZ PRODUCT! Very poorly constructed.
- Tim Harris, Colorado

2020-07-18 2020 KZ Durango Gold 366FB View Listings

We have taken numerous trips in the 5th and every time we come back something is wrong. Hydraulic went out, leak in bathroom, bed messed up, wall at slide out in main cabin, ... Not a satisfied customer at all!!!
- Connie Nation, Oklahoma

2020-07-12 2018 KZ Sportsmen LE 261RLLE View Listings

Very poor manufacturing quality, beware. Started out finding the power in connection labeled 50a but was 30a,black and gray water was mislabeled, Vinyl Trim Insert around slide out window was not fitted properly and shrunk up over 2 inches which I had to purchase and replace myself. Bench seat at the dining table fell through and had to be put back together and reinforced myself. Shower floor had to be reinforced. USB port did not work but 2 times, I replaced it. Worse yet I had to have the siding stapled, as it was separating from the frame and we found that 90% of it was not even stapled on. Problems are seeming ongoing. We contacted KZ numerous times and their response was fruitless. We will continue our complaints and further review.
- Bill B, Wyoming

2020-07-06 2015 KZ Spree Connect 290IKS View Listings

Bought a trailer brand new and the trailer was having issues from day one. Took it back many times to have issues fixed. Once it was off warranty found a major issue with the trailer caused by some one cutting corners at the factory. Contacted them and was told trailer is off warranty not our problem. Will never buy another unit from them until issues are fixed
- Kyle.sharp, Alberta

2020-06-21 2010 KZ Sportsmen 14RK View Listings

It’s nice for people who want to stay small but keep all the luxury’s of a larger camper. I have a full size truck so it’s like it’s not there. The bed is comfortable for myself my wife and our 2 dogs it’s a bit tight but it will work. Here’s the bad and for me it’s real bad. The camper sits so low to the ground that it is hard to drain your grey and black tanks. We have the side Winder to keep a nice slope for the “water” to drain out of, BUT it is so low to the ground that I can’t use it so the drainage hose is flush with the ground and it will just sit unless you pick it up and drain it. Good news is you can lift the camper 5-6 inches so it is higher and that should do the trick. It also drags bumper if your not careful. It’s a nice little camper amazing for a beginner who is solo or a couple with no kids/1 young kid. I love our camper but if I were to go back I’d buy something else because it would be easier.
- Mitch, New York

2020-06-20 2012 KZ Sportsmen Classic 16BH View Listings

We tented, and purchased are first RV second hand 3 years ago. We loved the layout and liveability of the KZ 19BH for 2 people. We spend 6 weeks in Florida State parks in the Winter and 6 weeks in Provincial State parks in the summer. We travel thousands of miles each year. Trailer is stored on our property in a portable storage shed in the off season. PROS: I debated whether to give 5 star or 0 star to factory support because we never needed them. The trailer has worked well the entire time we owned it. This is a great thing, so I gave it 5 stars. Trailer pulls easily, the size is perfect to enjoy camping in Nature, easier to get campsites as larger sites are booked by larger rigs and usually difficult, if not impossible to reserve. We prefer camping in trees and dirt versus paved RV Pad in a trailer parks. The 19BH has adequate living space for 2 people, rear bunks are useful for occasional visits from grand-children, and double as additional storage when they are not there. Never leaked, all appliances worked very well and never needed servicing the entire time we had it. The exterior washes easily with hose and a bit of soapy water. Servicing electrical panel, accessing the water lines to winterize the trailer and checking the heater, all easy access under back bunk and room to work on the them without having to be a circus acrobat. CONS- why we are moving into a different trailer: First, this trailer is quite liveable for 2 adults and the occasional visit of 2 children, but because we often have our grand-children for 2 to 3 weeks, we found the space to be insufficient as the storage of all the extra stuff needed was a pain, there is just not enough space. Secondly, we are getting older, so climbing over each other to get in or out of the Queen Bed is no longer fun. Opting to find a trailer with Queen bed that we can walk around has gained in importance. Third, I am so tired of converting the dinette area from our bed to a sitting area when it rains to sit and hang out. We mostly eat outside, so we didn't think this would be a problem, but after 3 years, I want a dinette. Mechanically, the only problem we ever had was the drain under the sink. Pipes became loose and water seeped out. They now need to be regularly tighten to avoid water under the counter. Probably needs to go in for servicing so they could re-seal them. We also tired of opening and closing the awning manually. We will be looking for a power awning on the next one. However the awning is great, if you're young, it is easy to put up and pull down, and it has lasted 8 years without breaking so the quality is there. The only other 'complaint' I have is that the size of the Waste Water tank is small so we need to dump regularly when we are camping in parks without full hook-ups. (For us, this is always the case) If I am very conservative with water usage, wash dishes outside and use the bathroom only when I must, we could go 3 days without having to empty the tanks. But if I wasn't careful, the tanks would fill in a day. Our next trailer will have a bigger reservoir, I believe on the KZ 19BH is 15 gallons. It is very small. Overall, I loved the KZ Sportman Classic and will be buying a KZ sportsmen 19foot trailer to replace this one. Same size, simply with a different floor plan and higher end. This one was a great starter model to figure out what we needed to be comfortable, without spending a lot of money. I can now upgrade using knowledge of what's important to us.
- Linda Knisley, Ontario

2020-06-19 2019 KZ Sportsmen LE 291RKLE View Listings

There’s plenty to say about this since day one since I bought the trailer back in July my trailer is not even a year old it’s a 2019 KZ sportsman. The gauges have not worked in my trailer sent so I get a very bad smell I am in so bad you can’t stand it from the toilet there’s got to be something leaking. The guys I bought the trailer from was supposed to help me with the curtains that were torn or blinds which never got replaced I had to Buy them my self, not only the toilet and the curtains plus the curtains that go around the bunkbeds never received that. Now my trailer is coming apart the lamination is coming off the inside walls, or I guess contact paper is what they used as peeling off.. The outside of my trailer is falling apart too it looks like somebody has already tried to put the rubber piece around the trailer back in it is coming out again. The under side of the trailer is nothing but fluffy aluminum and it tore. So I don’t know I’m not a very happy person with my trailer I got to the 32 footer with a pop out I thought is going to be happy instead of being stuck with a lemon and owing over $30,000 for it thank you for listening I wish the company would listen. Don’t buy this trailer it’s falling about in less than a year
- Ethel, Arizona

2020-06-15 2020 KZ Durango 301RLT View Listings

Second KZ product I've owned out of six trailers/fifth wheels altogether. Great improvement in quality from the fifth wheel I owned 8 years ago. So far this is the first RV I've owned that I haven't found any deficiencies in that required taking back to the dealer for warranty work.
- Glenn Newberry, Texas

2020-06-14 2016 KZ Spree 300RLS View Listings

Bad experience. Under designed. Cheap design to reduce cost. I have had 5 tire blowouts in 22,000 miles due to under engineering to reduce cost. 303RLS has 15" wheels which are not strong enough to support the weight of a fully loaded trailer. If they would have spent the extra $300 to fit 16" Class G tires to support this trailer, I would have been happy, but they didn't. I will be happy to sell it and buy a more reliable product. Don't let the low price fool you. You get what you pay for.
- Tim, Arizona

2020-06-13 2018 KZ Mini Escape 181RK View Listings

I have has constant water leaks since I bought the Escape Minie in 2018. Now outside hot water switch can't be switched on. I have water coming down the back of the shower wall that dries up by noon. ??? To what issue is?? Could be AC drawing into wall from top of RV. However, everything was checked out, double checked before I left for 2 months as cap host. This has been a well cared for RV!! It still smells new. I am so disappointed over the constant problems. I can't depend on it to be a stable & usable! It is a constant worry! Its a lemon. Lemon laws apply!
- patty gray, Texas

2020-06-03 2015 KZ Sportsmen 331BHK View Listings

Beware! I had an accident with my KZ Travel Trailer which damaged the right rear corner that required parts (siding an miscellaneous trim pieces) from KZ. The repair was to be done at their authorized dealer. The repair was ordered in October of 2019. In JUNE of 2020, KZ notified their dealer that parts were no longer available for a 2015 Sportsman Trailer. This Trailer was only FOUR years old when parts were ordered and KZ does not have parts available. I would caution anyone considering buying anything KZ that they provide NO SUPPORT for their product. If I had known how awful their customer service is, I certainly would choose ANY other brand. I am not left with their dealer looking to scrounge parts from 3rd party sources. NOT acceptable. Be warned, this is truly a case of CUSTOMER BEWARE!
- Ronald Ziolek, Illinois

2020-06-02 2020 KZ Connect SE 231RBK View Listings

Bought this unit after extensive & intense research. The trailer has a great floor plan and I can't say enough how pleased I am with the full sized shower & bathroom, which are hard to find in most trailers under 30ft. We are tickled pink with our purchase and recommend this floor plan and the Connect brand to anyone who's on a search themselves. I did my homework and glad I did! I am a happy & proud owner of this great Travel Trailer.
- bpschmidt, Texas