KZ

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with KZ RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Carl from Colorado says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2017 KZ Connect 283BHS View Listings

Poor quality trailer from a poor company. Problems with it from day one, resulting in missing most of my camping season so far. Will not be going back to KZ. Plenty of other great manufacturers out there who know how to construct trailers properly without all the teething problems. Save your money people.
- Carl , Colorado

2021-09-12 2021 KZ Connect C272FK View Listings

My experience with the KZ C272FK has been frightening, come to find out there is an engineering error causing the tongue weight to be to lite. There is a Safety Recall on this model which was issued months after I bought it so be careful what you buy, you'll get no support from KZ other then whats required by the recall and good luck towing the camper. The recall says the engineering error could result in death, I went sideways down the highway. I asked if they would tow it and exchange it for the same model but without the engineering error. Their response? NO! Tow it yourself and we'll relocate the axles by cutting them from the frame and bolting them reward 7.5" or so.
- Frank, Connecticut

2021-09-06 2021 KZ Connect C272FK View Listings

Due to an "Engineering Error" the C272FK has been recalled. The suggested solution is to move the axles about 7.5" reward. Due to low tongue weight towing the KZC272FK may cause risk of injury or death. I received the Recall Notice but found out the hard way,nearly jacked on the highway. Called KZ, "the warranty doesn't include towing." This is a brand new camper and I'm expected to be okay with their hacking off the axles and bolting the back onto the frame.
- Frank, Connecticut

2021-09-05 2016 KZ Sportsmen Show Stopper S280BHSS View Listings

have a problem with the front starting to have fiberglass starting to buckle. call them and dealer and no help. they said it was 5 years old and that is normal. the first year the outside fridge quit. will never buy any kz product ever!!!!!!!!
- richard lichtsinn, Iowa

2021-08-30 2019 KZ Sportsmen Destination 364BH View Listings

I regret purchasing this unit and the supposed (expensive) extra warranty. The unit is very cheaply made We have had nothing but issues with leaking, even with the proper maintenance, table and counter top material pealing, skylights are faulty, shower floor feels like it will cave in at any time, shower walls bowed out ect.. Tried going through the company where it was purchased, they cant help. We tried to go through our extended warranty and have been denied mind you we paid thousands of dollars for our extended warranty! The purchasing company came to look at the issue's and they can only direct us to KZ customer service which has gotten us nowhere. I have spoke to professionals in the business and they have told us that the year after ours, they started caulking differently/better due to all of the water/leaking issues with previous models 2019 and under. I advise anyone looking to purchase this model BUYER BEWARE !!!
- Natasha Dawson, Nova Scotia

2021-08-27 2022 KZ Sportsmen 180TH View Listings

No pre-drill’s for the wood support for bed fridge anything Bed wood was warped and had to be replaced anything except the tv Which was over drilled and fell out the first day and was hanging by coax Cabinet locks were not put in right so they moved in and out, the floor had to be re-straightened because it was coming up and wavy, fridge won’t stay on while driving 1 hour tops, found 3 gas leaks, when filling the water tank water fills in wall under fridge, the square metal frame holding the ramp door is actually pulling away from the roof and the floor so you can see light through them the pulldown screen in the back has just come off the wall because there’s no anchors and they just screwed it into the drywall or whatever that crap is called so when I fell down I was able to see the hole from the roof and the back frame, sink leaks into cabinet, All their fake walls are a joke by the microwave in the cabinet and by the hot water heater put in place by one screw Kinda, The walls of the shower aren’t even sealed at all and they move one barely touched so I can’t even use the damn shower, only had two trips, 12 hr on road only had this for a few months. The quality control is gone they do not pre-drill so all the wood is cracked nothing is tighten down nothing is anchored nothing is bolted correctly complete crap they’re sitting there getting drunk or some sh*t and there is no quality control. I regret the decision of this purchase so much I’m so screwed now I can’t even get a single trip without having to turn around because all my food is bad or too much sh*t is broken and I can’t keep going
- Jeremiah Riberdy, Arizona

2021-08-24 2011 KZ StoneRidge 38CF View Listings

This trailer has a great floor plan. Gives company privacy when staying with you they can have room to sit w/TV we just put a shower curtain up. Tows every easy it is a great trailer.I would recommend this StoneRidge CF38 to all
- Kenneth CochraneT, Alberta

2021-08-24 2020 KZ Sportsmen 231RK View Listings

The overall quality of our unit is good, the few small problems we had with our rig our dealer ( Triam RV In Ocala Fl) handled quickly and without any long delays. We have spent over 100 nights in our trailer since we purchased it in February of 2020 and plan to go to Alaska next year. We love our KZ Sportsman.
- Randy White, Georgia

2021-08-24 2021 KZ Connect SE C241BHKSE View Listings

i purchased a 2016 Jayco trailer and put of 8000 miles on it in less than 6 months - only one issue. Purchased the unit march 2021. within 24 hours I had returned it twice: 1) THE POWER SLIDE DID NOT OPERATE CORRECTLY. 2) FRONT WINDOW LEAKED - NO SEALANT - mattress soaked. Dry camping on Olympic Peninsula on June ran the heater, batteries died in the middle of the night, had to hook up to my truck to provide electricity to operate the heater. shower stall was not sealed. Refrigerator vent was not fitted correctly had to be replaced. refrigerator will not stay on when driving. Cloth trim on bunk be designed to tear out. Wood trim only screwed in place - no glue. exterior surface had silicon adhesive drips al over it. Electric tounge jack broke - descending post separated from the unit couldn't get lift the trailer off my truck. it has spent more time getting repair than i have been able to use it. i now have less than 2000 mines on the unit and have low confidence in it staying together when i go on the road.
- Robert Lathrop, Washington

2021-08-23 2020 KZ Durango Half Ton 283RLT View Listings

Do not buy a KZ product. They do not honor their warranties! Please learn from those of us who purchased a KZ product. I purchased a 2020 5th wheel and had all four breaks go out within the first year. They will not honor their warranty and I had to pay over $1000 to fix them. I have only used the RV a handful of times. Poor customer service. Do not make the mistake I did and buy their product.
- Jaime Stephan, California

2021-08-20 2007 KZ Frontier 2809 View Listings

I bough the Rv in October of 2006 this Rv is well built we average about 3,200 miles a year have the same axles that came with the trailer other than just maintenance just one problem is with the track for the rear slide out on the inside of the rv was an on going problem but not a big deal just about everything is the same equipment even the water pump and hot water heater and the fridge all in perfect working condition. I will buy a KZ in the future as long as quality does not suffer over profits so far I have never seen any complaints about KZ issues other than very minor issues about KZ RV’s
- Jake, New Jersey

2021-08-20 2021 KZ Connect SE C241BHKSE View Listings

Purchased this TT in March 2021 and after some proverbial “bumps in the road,” we are overall pleased with our purchase. We are a family of four, plus a nana who often travels with us. Just be mentally prepared for the possibility of some items needing attention in the first couple of months (it’s a TT rolling down the road, not a brick and mortar)...and you’ll be fine. On our shakedown, we learned that our black water flush valve had been incorrectly installed upside down by the factory, so we ended up with a (untainted) water leak under the sink in the bathroom when we used our black water flush. Luckily, we noticed an abnormal water drip near the bumper and rushed into the TT before damage was irreparable. Dealer adjusted the valve with no problem. Learned on our second trip that our microwave was a dud. Electricity worked fine, but the heating element did not. Wasn’t too much of a hassle, the dealer handled the warranty replacement request and it just took a couple weeks to get a replacement microwave from KZ and have it installed. After our second trip, the underbelly was hanging slightly in the rear of the TT—adhesive had separated, we got it fixed. While there have been some fixes, we’ve definitely learned more about the ins and outs of our TT through the process. Things we love...the private bedroom and skylight, ample storage, well-configured counter space, outdoor fridge, large kitchen sink, and overall functional feel of the TT for our family. Outdoor shower has also been a lifesaver on recent beach trips! There are lots of TT options out there...KZ Connect SE is definitely worth a look!
- Jennifer, District of Columbia

2021-08-19 2022 KZ Venom 4114TK View Listings

Bought this toy hauler for retirement. Don’t plan to spend another winter in Missouri. We absolutely love it. It’s top of the line but it’s well worth the price if u want 4 season. Tons of storage, 14 foot garage, with vented washer dryer, Our bedroom has a king tilt bed with plenty of storage. 3 air conditioner units keep u as cool as u want to be. We regret it doesn’t have a second bathroom. Other than that it’s amazing.
- Wilma, Missouri

2021-08-17 2018 KZ Sportsmen 323BHK View Listings

Avoid this Manufacture. I bought my KZ trailer March 25th 2018. This season we noticed the decals are pealing and has made the whole trailer look 15 years old. I have had a number of campers ask how old my trailer is due to the poor look of the outside. I reached out to KZ to get them replaced. This is what I was told word for word. 'Thank you for supply the photos. I’ve reviewed your history. Your unit was manufactured 8/1/2017. The ending date on your warranty was 3/24/2018. The unit was built 4 years ago and warranty ended almost a year and a half ago. I’m unable to cover the decals under warranty, however, I can sell the decals to you directly." So basically they are saying I bought a trailer with the warranty already ended. I have asked for this to be escalated to a senior manager to discuss and they have now decided to no longer respond to me about the issue with this trailer. I have had a pervious trailer from a better manufacture that never had issues with the decals like this one and that was 10yrs old. Absolutely terrible customer care. There are way better manufactures out there with better customer care.
- Graham Mockridge, Alberta

2021-08-16 2017 KZ Durango Gold 381REF View Listings

We have owned it since April 2021. We love the amount of storage, both inside and out. Since we are the second owners the 2 year warranty is no longer in effect. However, KZ has help us out on a couple of minor issues.
- Thomas Lyons, Illinois

2021-08-16 2022 KZ Durango 333RLT View Listings

We have owned kz fifth wheels for 14 years and love the warranty and how they stand by their work. Our dealer in Bay City, Mi are the best. Love meeting the kz crew and touring the plant was awesome. Thank you
- James Brewer, Michigan

2021-08-16 2017 KZ Durango Gold 380FLF View Listings

Our 2017 Durango Gold Model 380FLF has been Fantastic. My wife and I have owned since brand new. Front over the 5th Wheel Hitch is a High Demand, Rare Entertainment/Living room with 2 Tip Outs, each have a large Sofas with Memory Foam Hide a Beds. Beautiful LED Lights,throughout. Huge Flat Screen TV, AM-FM Sterio
- Chris Pace, Washington

2021-08-14 2021 KZ Durango Gold 391RKQ View Listings

The quality is top of the line. The Floorplan is wonderful, beautiful rear kitchen, plenty of storage, counterspace. Lots of windows for lots of light. Spacious living area and bathroom. Fireplace in livingroom and bedroom! We love it and the service you get with KZ is second to none. They do what they can to keep their customers happy! We are loyal customers for life!
- Mike Wolynetz, Delaware

2021-08-12 2016 KZ Durango Gold 359RET View Listings

It is a great unit. Ideally would like TV on driver's side of wall. Maybe next unit. Also would prefer toilet with side spray nozzle. Appreciate the good service from KZ as well as our Dealer in Clinton Mo. Wilder RV.
- Frank DeSantis, Kansas

2021-08-12 2018 KZ Durango Gold 366 View Listings

I love the floor plan and interior quality. I dislike the total length. I love the half bath and the ducted return because it makes it quite. I don’t like the ridge on the step. We had trouble with several of the blinds.
- Ted Jackson, Georgia

2021-08-12 2018 KZ Durango Gold 384RLT View Listings

I bought this trailer for full time loving and I love it. I've been living in it for a little over 3 years and it has been a great trailer. The floorplan is great and the trailer tows real smooth. KZ has provided great support and they have been good to work with.
- Darrell Reeves, Texas

2021-08-12 2020 KZ Durango Gold 382MBQ View Listings

Our Durango Gold 382MBQ has been fantastic. When we we shopping for a 5th wheel, the 382MBQ was the first unit we looked at and it immediately became the baseline when looking at other brands/units! Factory support has been fantastic, build quality has been very good! Very happy campers!
- Edwin Hartman, Texas

2021-08-10 2017 KZ Durango 347BHF View Listings

We were impressed with the build quality. Only problems we had were dripping toilet/ water pump, which we noticed right away. Just from travel/jiggling. Always a good idea to tighten after traveling/living it a while. We had this in the mountains in winter and the desert in summer and were always cozy inside. Layout is great...TONS OF STORAGE. Definitely want a diesel 1-ton dually or larger to tow...it's a beast, but that's what makes it so comfortable to live in!
- Dustin Zimmerman, Texas

2021-08-08 2021 KZ Connect C251BHK View Listings

Great travel trailer. Has lots of great options. I love the pullout tubs that go under the u-shaped dinette for easy pull out storage. It had a huge pantry. It has USB charging ports at every bed. It is great to be able to use the fridge while you are traveling to your destination.
- Jonathan, Indiana

2021-08-07 2021 KZ Connect SE C241BHKSE View Listings

Manufacturer sucks! They do not want to pay for the warranty repairs that is their fault! Front window leaking actually pouring in around the window when it’s raining! Which now has created a soft spot in our kitchen floor but they say it’s not due to the leak???? Hmmmm! There were several of these windows that they have had a issue with when they were built! Do not buy a KZ connect or anything else that this manufacturer manufactures!!! Now we will have a 2021 used camper that we paid brand new pricing for!! KZ connect manufacturer you freaking suck and you will be hearing from our lawyer!
- Angie Powell, Georgia