KZ Reviews on RV Insider (105)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with KZ RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Carl from Colorado says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2017 KZ Connect 283BHS View Listings

Poor quality trailer from a poor company. Problems with it from day one, resulting in missing most of my camping season so far. Will not be going back to KZ. Plenty of other great manufacturers out there who know how to construct trailers properly without all the teething problems. Save your money people.
- Carl , Colorado

2020-03-22 2008 KZ Spree 323RL View Listings

We've went on trips to camp grounds about 5 times very easy to pull with tow sway bar hitch and bn kept up in really good condition sleeps 6 people comfortable has been kept clean all maintenance done at expected times
- Jeremy Menard, Louisiana

2020-03-03 2018 KZ Connect 261RL View Listings

This RV is built poorly and has had to be in for service on warranty several times. The selling dealer McClains provides horrible service and keeps unit at least 3 months for any warranty repair. KZ had allowed another RV dealer service the unit (RV Guys Valley View) and they were excellent in providing the service needed in a 1-2 week time frame. But now KZ will not allow them to do service warranty and said it has to go back to original dealer. So KZ is not customer oriented after explaining the headaches with MCClains. Overall camper was fair and towed well. Floor plan is good, but customer service from KZ has turned us off from this brand of trailer.
- Dewayne , Texas

2020-02-19 2019 KZ Sportsmen 302BHK View Listings

In May of 2019 me and my family purchased a kz sportsmen 302bhk fifth wheel. everything was great at first. as experienced rv people know that the first year of a new rv can have some challenges. but now that its Feb. of 2020 my rv has been at the dealer service shop since Jan. no repairs have been done to it due to kz manufacturing denying responsibility. the problems are... first month a piece of paneling buckled loose, and the awning was coming loose from the side of the rv. within the first six months the mdf boards that have a synthetic film over them to simulate real wood in the outdoor kitchen started to swell due to the outdoor fridge defrosting and leaking while your towing it down the road. this fridge is not on an inverter so it only stays cold when the rv is plugged in. and there is more paneling coming loose on the inside of the outdoor kitchen as well. and as for a safety concern the trailer bucks very badly. as I was pulling it I had my wife take a video of the hitch and its lifting up so high that its picking my truck hitch up. I brought this to kz manufacturing's attention and they said it was normal but what I find funny is, while mine is being repaired there was another guy who had the same 302bhk as me and the bucking on his caused his trailer tongue to break and his entire front end to come apart. now to tell yall about the HEALTH CONCERN, my rv and the the guys with the broken tongue both have mold growing inside of the slides. this rv is a bunk house model and the bunk house is where my one year old baby girl sleeps. every time we went camping, very shortly after we had to take my little girl to the doctor due to her being ill. come to find out after several months of dealing with this and almost 5000.00 in doctor bills and one er visit, the doctors ran test for symptoms of mold and they linked to being exposed to heavy amounts of mold spores. so in my case iv hired a lawyer. out of owning 4 other rvs, this manufacturer is a big waste of time and money.
- chris bruton, Texas

2020-02-13 2018 KZ Sportsmen 231BLHE View Listings

Since day one this unit has given us issues, floor was ripped out because of a screw in dinette, adhesive paper on all cabinets warped, kitchen sink always loose and not properly caulked, outdoor kitchen warped due to caulking not installed around sink properly, the bathroom black water gauge has never read properly always reads 1/2, the roof flapped over 13 months into ownership insurance stated it was a warranty issue, warranty stated its not.the decals outside of unit have all peeled, screw are always falling out of the exterior bottom trim,unit was in out of shop, nothing was fixed, during the year warranty, extended warranty is a bigger joke.meam while no one is owning up to this lemon. It was made cheap, not sold cheap. Be careful when buying , what the salesman fails to tell you it that even minor repairs could keep your unit in repair shop for months. Theres just not enough time or space to adress my experience with this unit This adds up, prevents full access and usage of your unit. If your like me aNd cant afford to leave it in shop long periods of time due to travel etc, you will be screwed. As warranty will ride out.I. Feel as if they intentionally do this to ride out the repairs,warranty and costs out of pocket. My advice buy an older unit,new ones are not made like they used to be. I handmade numerous attempts to get this resolved, I have yet recieved a response.
- Blanca Roberts , Texas

2020-02-13 2018 KZ Spree 343RSK View Listings

I bought this RV brand new from the dealer. I have had nothing but problems with it from day 1. I just found out that my bathroom is leaking water and shorted out a bunch of my electronics(Bedroom slide and awning and porch light). I will not recommend the KZ product. I have had more than one brand of travel trailers and 5th wheels and this one has had the most issues of being brand new.
- Vicki, Washington

2020-02-06 2018 KZ Connect C261RB View Listings

Ordered this model directly from the factory because I couldn't find one on the market. Loved the floorplan! Largest bathroom for this size RV that I could find. I initially bought it to live in after taking a new job too far from our home to commute. Lived in it for 6-months while the wife and I searched for a new home in the area of my new job. It's the perfect size for the two of us (and her small poodle). The only minor problems I had with the trailer (and remember, I was living in it), was the water pump backflow preventer valve failed on me. Since I was living in the unit and wasn't going to pick up and take it into the dealer for service, I contacted KZ and explained them my problem, and they sent me a new water pump. The water pump was a "cinch" to replace. After purchasing our new home, I did take the trailer into the dealership to have a couple of other minor warranty repairs made: a couple lag-bolts fell out of the slider and there was a recall on my awning exterior controller. While there the service department also noticed that the awning needed to be adjusted a little to better stow underway. I have had a great experience with my RV!
- Gerry Herlugson, Georgia

2020-01-30 2019 KZ Venom 4114TK View Listings

Bought new at the CA rv show where the factory rep was full of broken promises and now the factory says we don't know who told you that but its not true. From awnings that don't work to ac's that wont keep it cool in the summer and no heat in the garage,solar wont keep batteries charged when not in use and the 18' frige that uses way to much lp and battery to run. If it was plugged in all the time it might be ok but for boon-docking in the desert not a real good choice.
- Robert, California

2020-01-26 2015 KZ Spree Connect 260RKS View Listings

We've owned our KZ Spree Connect 260 RKS since August 2015, and have almost 19,000 miles on it. In addition to several week-long trips we've done a three-month cross-country trip and two one-month long trips. When our water pump quit during the three-month trip KZ paid for a local RV tech to replace it. We put 15,000 miles on the original tires before replacing them. The only thing that wasn't as good as we'd like is the jack-knife sofa. It wasn't very comfortable for watching TV so we replaced it with a couple of recliners. Overall we've been very happy with it and we're planning another 3 month trip.
- GG, New Hampshire

2020-01-21 2020 KZ Sportsmen 251RL View Listings

OK- This is my second KZ and my first fifth wheel trailer. Had an MXT toy hauler that worked OK for one person and a H-D. Now we are two so on to a larger unit. I got the Sportsmen because, for one, it is light and tow-able with my half ton. We are content for now but I will say here, I wish I had bought Grand Design. Here is why: 1. I trusted my dealer assertions on insulation. The Climate Package decal is nice but that is all. There is No Climate Package!!! The bed is above the hitch and stays cold all the time. 2.The heat ducts for bed and bath may as well not exist. They do not convey heat. 3.The entire unit is drafty all the time. The walls and windows condense moisture at outside temps below 50 F. There Will Be water damage from this moisture. 4.The "heated pass through" is not heated. And it is poorly finished and rough. 5. Propane consumption requires an additional electric heat source. 6. The digital Device Control is a pain. 7. The drawers are short and do not accommodate utensils. 8. Waste tanks are not heated. KZ has put perfume on a pig with fancy lighting, funky fireplace and a stainless sink. They clearly do not have an interest in quality construction. The expensive theater seating is not anchored and slides around almost at will. We needed a rear hitch so for a bunch more money the dealer put one on. Problem is, it's 27 inches off the ground. It will require a custom minimum 15 inch drop ball mount if I can use it at all. That being said, the living space is adequate for two. I think we can get around the faults until I can move up to a Grand Design Reflections. We have lived in this for one month so we will learn more and perhaps have a different view going forward. In the campgrounds we see many Grand Design and almost no KZ; 10 to 1. That is a statement in itself.
- Larry S. Budzien, Wisconsin

2020-01-04 2020 KZ Connect 241RLK View Listings

first of all we bought a 2019 kz connect 241rlk took it in for the shower floor to be rebuilt and in the process two holes were poked out the exterior wall,they tried painting it but did not match sanded paint off and wanted to put sticker on it,if kz inc built it right from the beginning this would of never happened.we had to wait over a year for kz to build us another trailer.got new trailer from kz and we had to have shower floor done again,and the bubble in shower leaks,also the cabinets in kitchen every time we stop my pots and pans are on floor.overall the layout is GREAT .
- James, Arizona

2020-01-04 2019 KZ Sportsmen LE 261RLLE View Listings

Great camper. Has everything you need to spend as much time as you like camping We spent last summer going where ever the wind took us. Never had any issues. No breakdowns or warranty work needed. Highly recommend this trailer
- Larry K, Texas

2020-01-02 2019 KZ Connect 261RB View Listings

We ordered this camper brand new in 2019 to get the floor plan we wanted. When it arrived at the dealer we went to pick it up and found the brakes weren't working due to over-greasing from the manufacturer. In defense of the dealer, they did replace all four brakes before we could pick it up. During our cross country trip we noticed two deep scratches in the linoleum from the slide-out which was caused by the dinette bench assembly screws being countersunk by a half-inch deeper than they should have been. After our first rainy night we woke up to puddles on the floor in both the kitchen area and the bathroom from defective cracked skylights. Also during our trip while dry camping we could not recharge our batteries using our tow vehicle only later to find out that the 30A auto-re-settable fuse was crushed and inoperative due to over torquing the connection post nut. The trim in a few spots came off inside and a lot of the workmanship was below par. The outside bottom trim was so flimsy that a couple of pieces of aluminum peeled back and I had to tie wrap them back in place. We returned home from our trip in October of 2019 and still have not had either the skylights nor the linoleum repaired. Overall poor craftsmanship and service. We will never buy another KZ product.
- Jerry, Massachusetts

2019-12-04 2020 KZ Durango 259RLS View Listings

First of all love the floor plan. Exterior looks great. Pulls very nicely, water management all inside a side compartment love it, swing down steps are great. Lots of storage inside and underneath. These are all the reasons we purchased. Now the bad. Furnace howled like a stepped on hound. Had to haul it back to dealer 100 miles one way. That was repaired. Refrigerator door will not remain closed while traveling. Bungee cord required. First rain, storm sun roofs leaked! Upon examination found multiple cracks, and missing edge with sealant. Sawdust at window, and vent below on bed and floor after traveling for a day. Recliners have heat and massage, turn on by themselves, or else switches are REAL sensitive. One is a two person effort to close as the mechanism hits support bar. Climate package does not mean the windows are air tight or insulating, cold air flows down you back while sitting at dinning table and feet. My impression is that minimum care in manufacturing.
- Howard Clark, Montana

2019-11-26 2018 KZ Durango 1500 286BHD View Listings

Your search stops here ! Absolutely love this layout! Perfect with the u shaped booth! Lay in one of the TWO comfy queen bunks and watch tv(included) and enjoy the indoor fireplace! Kitchen is so user friendly with the pullout pantry and outdoor kitchen. Master bedroom has a ton of closet space and spacious corner shower !
- Denise , Arizona

2019-11-23 2017 KZ Durango Gold 381REF View Listings

Plenty of trailer for anyone towing down the road to a camp spot. Know your route and fueling needs. Best bet is to fuel up with the big rigs. Your not going to pull this baby into your local gas station. Once you get to your spot set up is quick and easy. Wala! You are home away from home with all the amenities.
- John Miller, California

2019-11-17 2018 KZ Connect C303RL View Listings

Back to shop again , fifth time . Awning dead Again . Outside lights not working neither switches inside or outside work , bench’s pulling off wall, bench’s plywood cut to narrow, pretty much quality is very shoddy. Looks good but very poor craftsmanship, cheap material, seat supports screwed into drywall, supports 1”x 2” look like scrap lumber
- Donald Kimbrough, Texas

2019-11-11 2019 KZ Sportsmen LE 332BHKLE View Listings

OK dont even know where to start other then its a junk manufacturer water lines leaking at both sinks all 8 outlets are on (1) 15 amp circuit and the craftsmanship is anything but quality They put a queen low quality mattress ove a unfinished piece of plywood mattress already torn after 3 nights of camping the walls are made of paneling that is 3/16s" they use batter materials to build model airplanes I can keep going but I hate typing I will take fault at not knowing anything about travel trailers but you buy something brand new thinking your saving yourself future problems not with a KZ TRAILER DO NOT BUY A KZ TRAILER.... SAVE YOURSELF THE THE HEADACHES also do yourself a favor and stay away from YOUNGBLOODS OF KENTUCKY BEING THAT I PAID CASH for my trailer they said they could not deliver for 5-7 days because it took that long to do their 240 point inspection lmao what a joke if they would have done a 10 point inspection THEY WOULD HAVE FOUND ALL THE PROBLEM SO NO INSPECTION WAS DONE NOR WAS THE SWEEP AND VACUUM THAT CAME OUT OF THE MOUTH OF CHASE YOUNGBLOOD WHO ALSO HAD A PROBLEM OVER A $10 WATER HOSE THAT THEY BUY FROM WALMART JUST A BUNCH OF USED CAR SALESMAN HACKS I WOULDNT LET THEM FIX ME A SANDWICH
- RicK Payne, Kentucky

2019-10-29 2017 KZ Sportsmen LE 271BHLE View Listings

I have had nothing but problems since day one.The microwave and tank sensors had to be replaced before I left the lot. Trim was blowing off by second trip. Finally on my last trip the antenna blew off an ruined the roof. KZ says that this is not a defect and will not cover the cost of the repairs, even though the dealership said that they should.I would never recommend an RV made by KZ.
- Gary smith, Texas

2019-10-27 2017 KZ Durango Gold G353RKT View Listings

We love the Durango Gold G353RKT, it is Very good quality and the fit and finish the best we have had and this is our 4th RV. It is built with Full Time RVer's in mind. The rear kitchen and lots of counter space is the best we have seen in any brand.
- Bert Fletcher, Arizona

2019-09-24 2018 KZ Connect C241RLK View Listings

Bought the trailer brand new in February of 2018, was on display in the local RV show for a month, so we checked on it often to see how it was holding up,to everything opening and closing many times per day, and it seemed to be holding up extremely well. Picked it up in April 2018, and have used it for 2 full seasons, a couple minor water leaks (loose connections), and I had to reinforce the shower floor with one piece of scrap wood. Both propane hoses replaced under warranty this year, but otherwise, no problems. Towed a total of about 10,000 kms over 2 years, and I’d have no worries taking it anywhere!
- Steve, Saskatchewan

2019-09-23 2018 KZ Sportsmen LE 260BHLE View Listings

Brand new Sportsman 260BHLE built with cheap components that fail. First camping trip the refrigerator failed. Second camping trip the a/c failed. Still waiting for the dealer to fix it. They said they are waiting for KZ to send parts.
- Will Johnson, Mississippi

2019-09-17 2015 KZ Durango 2500 D315RKD View Listings

We bought this unit new in 2016. It is a 2015-so the warranty went into effect in 2016. This past summer I noticed bulges on one side of the camper, contacted KZ, our insurance company and another RV dealer here in town. The other dealer and the insurance agent both concluded that it was caused by poor workmanship. The roof fabric was tearing on one side caused by the manufacturer cutting the roof plywood to short and the screws holding the plywood down coming loose. The tears in the fabric allowed water to seep in between the side walls causing delamination on the fiberglass exterior wall. KZ said the warranty was 14 months out of their normal warranty and we are SOL! I posted some comments ontheir Facebook page, which they took down and now they have blocked me from their page. Bottom line-don't buy any thing from KZ. When 2 outside parties both say it's a manufacturing defect and they won't do anything to help off set the cost- I'll never buy another KZ product again.
- Eldon, Minnesota

2019-09-11 2018 KZ Connect C303RL View Listings

Bought in 2018 after looking at several similar models. Love the layout. Warranty on awning was fast and replaced arm. Dealer came to me for repairs. Have been living in unit over a year in nice resort close to Dallas and work. Learned more from service guy than salesman. Not sure skylights are worth it here in Texas due to heat. Would get a ladder in back for roof access. And not sure I would trade the fireplace for storage under tv or not. Four season was comfortable in winter for flooring. Would suggest to manufacturers to extend awning for entire length of trailer and possibly for both sides. Love the two AC units for this trailer. Need to shop around for reflective window covers - bought mine and fitted them out personally. Not crazy about two separate types of wall coverings but would change easily enough with contact paper to personalize to my taste. The full size queen mattress is a plus for accessories. Tons of storage in this model also. Would be nice if storage bins were included. A few are for bedroom. Since living in a resort, I have not used stove much , oven and shower never used. A big plus- water heater is either propane or electric. Fridge is very reactive to heat if sun is on that side, but does fine. It does have outside shower and entertainment access for tv under awning.
- Jenny, Texas

2019-09-11 2016 KZ Durango 1500 D259RDD View Listings

We have our 5th wheel for almost 3 years and have taken trips up to 11 weeks in length. KZ and the dealership worked well together and we had no problems with getting work completed under the 2 year warranty.
- Debbie Girard, Illinois