KZ RVs Reviews (73)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with KZ RVs Reviews and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of these RVs.

Carl from Colorado says:

Have you owned any KZ RVs? Write a review

Voted Most Helpful Review 2017 KZ Connect 283BHS View Listings

Poor quality trailer from a poor company. Problems with it from day one, resulting in missing most of my camping season so far. Will not be going back to KZ. Plenty of other great manufacturers out there who know how to construct trailers properly without all the teething problems. Save your money people.
- Carl , Colorado

2019-08-14 2018 KZ Sportsmen 271LE View Listings

Would not buy again, I know it wasn’t the greatest quality, but cheap and poor designed. The area around sink coming apart, caulking did not hold, couch has no middle piece so anyone 6’5 , 250 lbs. is going to bend it, ceiling over pull out bubbling, tried to say water damage, there is none, walls in bunk area bubbled. Fittings on outside sink broke, trying to find new one, two non skid strips on stairs, should be three, two kids slipped going out on a wet day, hurt backs. When we called all we got was you only had a one year warranty, well there’s a reason for that, things start falling apart after that. Take some time and look for something a little better made, and spend the extra money on a good camper, because this is not it!,,
- Betty archilles, Maine

2019-08-14 2018 KZ Durango Gold 384RLT View Listings

KZ restored our faith in company and the people that work for them. 5 Stars We had our 5er 1 year and found spongy floor in corner of slideout with separation from wall. Our entry steps were not installed correctly. Slideout also didn’t want to go in or out. Dealer was of course was useless which I’ll not discuss here. Multiple minor issues also. Our first call to KZ was told to bring RV to factory. Every call we made to them was handled professionally and sincerely in a timely manner. On our way to Shipshewana, our trailer brakes went out. We called Dexter who made the axle. They sent 4 new brakes and called someone in our area to put them on. (although it was done incorrectly). We were put up in hotel and called to come look at what they were doing and to make sure we agreed. Dexter also showed up and fixed brake issue. In 3 days everything had been done and more. Everyone at KZ we spoke to, we met in person and was competent, courteous and went out of there way to make sure we were happy. We are!!!
- Joseph Anderson , Florida

2019-08-13 2018 KZ Sportsmen Classic 180TH View Listings

Multiple serious problems. Layout, pullabilty and concept are great but quality is extremely low. In 800 miles (couldn't get more due to time spent in shop) and 7 months of ownership, these are some of the problems. Roof leak caused wall and bedding / mattress damage (Wall panel had to be replaced). Floor broke under rear tire of motorcycle while hauling - very weak floor, especially at seams that may have been made worse from the many water leaks (requires new floor). Fresh water tank leak required tank removal to find and repair leak. Front jack bolts broke off or were missing due to incorrect torque, leaving one bolt to hold up front of trailer. Fridge and microwave required re-installation, as they were falling out. Sink leak caused cabinet damage due to leak. Multiple other smaller problems that would make the list too long.
- Larry, Wyoming

2019-08-12 2017 KZ Venom 3911TK View Listings

First bought it...loved it, but after the warranty ran out it seems like every time we take it out something happens. Last year a tire blew...two years old and only 2 trips to Georgia...bought all new tires upon return and found out 3 others were ready to blow! This year the main computer board went out...still waiting for right one...wrong one was sent. Now this trip...a leaf spring broke...ruined one new tire. We had awning problems...wouldn’t go in, minor jack issues, microwave went out, refrigerator didn’t have proper insulation, blind strings broke first week we had it...we love camping but just afraid to go anywhere...what else will happen. You spend hard earned money only to spend more to fix it. We had 2 Winnebago motor homes and only had one issue after owning it 10 years!
- Carol , Iowa

2019-07-29 2018 KZ Connect C261RL View Listings

This will be the third time we’ve had it in for warranty service since December. First time they fixed several items. the awning outside switch stopped working ,bedroom emergency window kept opening while driving which they fixed it with Velcro, bent trim at slide which also needed caulking along with minor ups throughout trailer. There was caulking residue in several places and nail holes in paneling everywhere plus other cosmetic finishes. On the second trip the awning switch stop working again there was a leak at shower door frame which needed caulking and other minor issues. I Stopped in one trip to replace leaking Connector at kitchen sink (a in and out trip) This time I found nail heads sticking thru floor at kitchen sink area starting to come thru vinyl , Floor thru out trailer seems soft in different areas, the awning is still not working plus it looks as if it is pulling away from the outside trailer wall. The subassembly for bed is pulling apart, bathroom cabinets caulking is opening away from the wall. The faucet turns on while traveling and he sensors for the water holding tanks do not read correctly but read full while tanks are empty
- Donald Kimbrough , Texas

2019-07-17 2019 KZ Sportsmen Classic 181BH View Listings

I have tent camped for years, through scouting, military, and recreational. My wife has never really camped before, so after several months of shopping and researching, my wife and I decided to purchase our first camper. We purchased a KZ Sportsman Classic 181BH. From the moment we went and pick it up it has been a disaster!! The camper was riddled with dents and dings and scratches. It looked like it was the last one on an assymbly line on a friday afternoon! The sales rep from where we purchased called the factory and ordered basically all new panels. Factory is supposed to be sending 4 front panels, 2 rails and a rock plate for the front and 1 panel for back. The roof has so many ripples it looks like its waving at you. You can not use the floor to check the level of the camper because the floor is not level. We've had it out 1 time since we purchased it at the end of May, and the slide stop was missing causing the exterior wall to bow out crushing the slide gasket. The air conditioner quit working twice during the weekend. The screen door would jam causing it hard to get in and out of the camper. If this is what KZ's Quality and Control allows to leave their manufacturing facility, save your money. So our local Sales Rep, ordered the slide stop last Thursday 07/05/19. They ordered it to be expedited and delivered in 3 days. It is now Tuesday, 07/16/19 and it hasn't been delivered. So when I talked to the Service Dept of out local sales rep, they said the would find out and let me know. Well they called to tell me that KZ was out of stock and the part was backordered! But somehow thwy found 1 and they supposly next day aired it? We'll see? If there was a Lemon Law for campers this one broke the mold! I will never by this brand of RV again! Way to many issues for being new and for having to wait 2 weeks to even get it!
- Kristofer, Iowa

2019-07-08 2019 KZ Connect 241BHK View Listings

We purchased this trailer in April brand new. Most fit and finish is decent, if you go in with the mindset that you will need to put some time in making it better/finished. Before our first trip I checked all the plumbing fittings, sink traps, reinforced the shower pan, and fixed some caulking. Like all the manufacturers, these trailers are slapped together and you will see this on all of them once you really look at the details. We choose the KZ brand for our family as it seemed the final fit and finish was slightly better and the Connect came with a little more bells and whistles at this price point compared to others. After my final inspection and minor repairs our first trip was a real success...no issues and the trailer pulled very nice with my half ton. We had some 18mph winds which slowed our 2 hour trip down to 64mph on the freeway, but trailer and truck pulled fine. I do have air bags installed and my Ram has 3” lift for your reference. After initial trip, we took her out to the Black Hills, again total success with no issues. I love this trailer, this is our first travel trailer and with much of my own research and weight calculator everything has come together nicely. The KZ Connect model is perfect size for family of 4 with dog and pulling with half ton truck. Winds can be dicey, but pulling at 60mph with wind is a breeze, no pun intended. I would recommend the KZ brand to anyone interested in a nice bunkhouse.
- Andy Phelps, Wisconsin

2019-06-29 2019 KZ Sportsmen Classic 180THT View Listings

Build Quality is dismal. Roof leaked. Jack had 2 twisted off bolts. Fresh water tank leaked and had to be replaced.Fridge not installed correctly. Bathroom and front doors would not close. Bath wall not screwed to floor. Shower not sealed around base and leaked under floor. Still in the shop and has not seen the road after 5 months of ownership.
- SnowLothar, Wyoming

2019-06-23 2019 KZ Connect 261RKK View Listings

Best RV I have owned. Great floor-plan for couple or three persons. I have owned 6 RV's over the last 20 years and this was the best value, and absolutely no issues after one year. This is the RV / Trailer I have purchased that I DID NOT any minor or major issues. The quality is much higher than what you are paying for. This is no frills, but lots of thrills. PEACE, Adrian.
- DenaliMutt@gmail.com, North Carolina

2019-06-18 2006 KZ Durango 30R View Listings

We enjoyed our 5th wheel very much but it has become difficult for us to continue using it due to our age! We are sad to sell it for that reason! It’s in very good shape and clean for someone interested!It is a one owner
- Delynn Cook, Oregon

2019-06-12 2016 KZ Sportsmen Show Stopper 272BHSS View Listings

KZ RV has the worst customer service I have ever experienced from any Company ever. I have reached out to KZ RV customer service twice now. Once for a part ,was told it was discontinued ( my RV is a 2016 )and once to find out info on manufacture of my slide. Nobody knows what they are doing and when its time to Upgrade to 5th wheel , I can guarantee it will not be a KZ brand. There is no excuse for poor training and bad CS with all the resources available to corporations today !
- Tim Mccorry, Alabama

2019-05-29 2010 KZ Durango 325 View Listings

The KZ Durango 325 is an excellant 5th wheel with more storage room than you could imagine. We towed it for approx 4,000 miles and had no problems. With the 3 slides it opens up to a nice wide temporary home or it could even be permanant. The medium size fridge gave us plenty of room for food and the hole house vaccum system works great. It measures out to 34.5 feet and the dry weight is approx 9400 lbs. With the electric fireplace there is no need to burn extra propane to keep the place warm. When all the slides are in you can still get access to the fridge and bathroom with no problems. On a few of the 1 day stops we had, we did not open the slides and was still very comfortable. The only reason for selling is just about a foot to long to get totally into our pole barn for winter storage. Our lose would be your gain and a chance to see this great USA in comfort. Barry Taylor
- Barry Taylor, Washington

2019-04-27 2016 KZ Durango Gold 366FBT View Listings

We wanted to rv full time and researched many rvs and floor plans. This one fit our needs. I truly believe it is a lemon and if I knew how to get the KZ company to take it back I would have it hauled straight to their front office. Besides the worst customer service ever.. we were accused of purposely damaging the unit.. when we took it to the dealer and they found that the back panel was coming loose and the welds on the inside frame were like pieces of bubble gum.. not holding any of the metal frame together, KZ refused to fix it because the warranty was two months expired. How can structural issues not be covered at any time?? And now,thanks to the knowledge and mechanic ability of my son in law, he has found that the axles' bolts are barely holding together. So I feel like we have been driving around a time bomb just waiting to collapse on the highway. Due to owing WAY more than a trade in would give us, we are stuck with it.
- Suzanne McGinnis, Texas

2019-04-07 2019 KZ Connect 241BHK View Listings

We just took out our new bunk house trailer for three nights. I have nothing but great things to says. It held plenty of fresh water for showers and four days of use with no hook ups. Everything worked great heater, refigrator,and no leaks anywhere. No complaints.
- Christina, Idaho

2019-03-25 2008 KZ Inferno 3912 View Listings

I am the owner of this RV, so I am bias to this unit. I and my family have enjoyed every trip in it. When there was a warranty issue KZ handled it promptly. Unit is in great working order. It pulled very well with my 2003 3500 Dodge Ram and then my 2014 3500 Dodge Ram. I bought this unit so I would have it in retirement but the end 2017 brought that dream to a close. I had a severe head injury and my wife is fearful to pull it due to the size. It is easy to handle you will just have to remember it is back there. I hope others will enjoy it as much as we did and planned to until this event.
- Gary Hopkins, Colorado

2019-02-16 2018 KZ Spree 343RSK View Listings

Will never buy another kz junk product. In June of 2018, I bought a brand new kz spree 343rsk. Spent $50k on it. After only 2 months of use in August, the ac crapped out and had a leak in a black water tank fitting which leaked black water down onto the sealed underbelly causing it so pull down away from the frame, leaking sewage onto the ground. Not to mention the stink of it coming up through the vents. Called the dealership I bought it from and also kz. Also called a local guy out to assess everything. He charged me $135 for the service call and said the ac unit leaked out all the coolant and the whole unit would need replaced to the tune of $1500. He quoted $400 to fix the black water tank leak. I said everything is under warranty. He just laughed and said good luck getting it fixed under warranty because no repair shop is willing to wait months if at all to get paid from the manufacturer.I then relayed that information to both the dealership and kz with pictures of everything. All I got from both was a runaround. After 6 months now nothing has been done yet. A week ago some high winds ripped the rest of the underbelly down causing both the grey and blackwater tanks to freeze up. One of the selling points for this model to me was the sealed underbelly lessened the freezing of things because the furnace ducting was close enough to keep everything above freezing temperature. Just today 2/15/19,I had to get under the shower to unthaw a frozen pipe and saw that there is a 18" hole in the floor under the shower along with lots of wood scraps left from construction. I'll now have to figure out how to build some kind of support under the shower so it doesn't cave in. At this point I'm going to seek litigation against kz. As bad as I hate attorneys I'd rather pay one a bunch of money to try to get my money back for this junk product.
- Lance Chapman , Washington

2019-02-04 2015 KZ Spree Connect 260RKS View Listings

The KZ Spree has been a nightmare since we bought it new. We have had numerous issues with the electrical. T add insult to injury when we took it to the dealer we purchased it at the average wait time was 3-4 months. We did not have the camper for 5 months on one warranty service. The hose connection on the back leaks, the inverter has failed, the power plug has been replaced twice, the door has been replaced, the taillights fell off and the A/C has failed numerous times. The unit was dealer priced at $28,000 and we purchased the unit for $22,000 and a year later when I tried to sell it we were offered $13,000. I realize campers have a lot of depreciation but that is over 50% from MSRP and over 20% from our "sales" price. The quality is poor and the resale value is terrible.
- Robert Cleversy, Texas

2018-11-14 2001 KZ Coyote 23CMS View Listings

Excellent overall camper. Plenty of room inside and plenty of storage outside. Excellent AC unit it will freeze you out if wanted. Tied down the road like it isn’t behind you trailer breaks work great. New paint and new flooring inside. Inside refrigerator stove and plenty of cabinet storage to boot.
- Brad McClatchey, Nebraska

2018-10-15 2015 KZ Connect 26ORKS View Listings

We have taken a couple of trips with no problems easy to tow and set up. The air conditioner worked great and so did the heat. Plenty of storage. It has everything you need for a great camping experience.
- Jeanine moffett, New Jersey

2018-10-15 2014 KZ Inferno 4005T View Listings

We have loved this RV since we got it! Feel like the quality is very good! Has tons of room, has 4 queen size beds, and loys of storage. Would definitely recommend to others looking for a fifth wheel toy hauler.
- Shelly Bristow, New Mexico

2018-09-30 2013 KZ Sportsmen 331BH View Listings

Awesome camper. Unique design. Roomy compared to our old camper. Never had to use warranty services as never had any problems with it. There’s lots of storage and the camper is very nice for the money. We’ve paid more for other campers with less features before.
- Dorothy , New York

2018-09-20 2018 KZ Spree Escape E191BH View Listings

Well they got the name right. Escape out of this pos. Built so crappy we call it escrap. refridge died, roof leaked, front bed leaks and keep replacing seals, enough already, its not the seals leaking obviously. Kitchen window leaked. gas flow stopped at 3/4 of tank, shower floors are weak. countless camping trips cancelled. Yes this this a high mileage camper but those miles are from transporting it back and forth to dealer for repairs. One nice thing is I can go skinny dipping in my own indoor pool while its raining. Thank god they stand behind the repairs for now but when warrantee is over, its gone
- Henry Fenhouse, Illinois

2018-09-17 2018 KZ Connect C241BHK View Listings

Purchased a brand new 2018 Sonic Venture 200VML By KZ RVs on 06-08-18 we have had very bad luck with this particular unit. Used RV 4 times this past summer.( and had to cancel last 2 planned camping trips).We had to purchase ice all 4 trips because refrigerator either didn't work on ele and/or gas. Have had it in repair shop 3 times! Here's a list of why... Refrigerate not working properly, Arm rest broke, Kitchen and bathroom sinks had/have leaks, All the molding falling off above bed and couch, USB plugs inoperable, window not staying open, emergency window inoperative, screen door closure inoperable, paneling popping out, Found a crack in the roof, which is requiring a whole new roof system. On the bright side figured out why the back bathroom floor was always wet. Thru all 4 trips we have not been able to enjoy our camping trips at all due to all the problems with this unit. Our last trip you could say we had good luck, because we didn't become a fatality. My husband goes to take a shower and we have no propane. Son hooked up one of his tanks to ours and discovered we had a huge gas leak. Discovered that either manufacturer or dealership repair shop tried to repair gas leak by using vice grips on gas lines. We were very fortunate that we didn't have our campfires at our campsites. It's almost as if this unit totally missed the final inspection on the line. We cannot with a sound mind use this RV unit again Our recommendation...buyer beware!!
- Kathleen Lobato , Colorado

2018-08-13 2017 KZ Connect Lite C231RL View Listings

This rv is great to sleep in and have a lot of friends over to party at the park with. It's a smooth ride when it is being pulled. Their are lights on the outside of the rv that can change colors if you would like.
- Craig Guenther, Texas