KZ RVs Reviews (93)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with KZ RVs Reviews and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of these RVs.

Carl from Colorado says:

Have you owned any KZ RVs? Write a review

Voted Most Helpful Review 2017 KZ Connect 283BHS View Listings

Poor quality trailer from a poor company. Problems with it from day one, resulting in missing most of my camping season so far. Will not be going back to KZ. Plenty of other great manufacturers out there who know how to construct trailers properly without all the teething problems. Save your money people.
- Carl , Colorado

2019-12-04 2020 KZ Durango 259RLS View Listings

First of all love the floor plan. Exterior looks great. Pulls very nicely, water management all inside a side compartment love it, swing down steps are great. Lots of storage inside and underneath. These are all the reasons we purchased. Now the bad. Furnace howled like a stepped on hound. Had to haul it back to dealer 100 miles one way. That was repaired. Refrigerator door will not remain closed while traveling. Bungee cord required. First rain, storm sun roofs leaked! Upon examination found multiple cracks, and missing edge with sealant. Sawdust at window, and vent below on bed and floor after traveling for a day. Recliners have heat and massage, turn on by themselves, or else switches are REAL sensitive. One is a two person effort to close as the mechanism hits support bar. Climate package does not mean the windows are air tight or insulating, cold air flows down you back while sitting at dinning table and feet. My impression is that minimum care in manufacturing.
- Howard Clark, Montana

2019-11-26 2018 KZ Durango 1500 286BHD View Listings

Your search stops here ! Absolutely love this layout! Perfect with the u shaped booth! Lay in one of the TWO comfy queen bunks and watch tv(included) and enjoy the indoor fireplace! Kitchen is so user friendly with the pullout pantry and outdoor kitchen. Master bedroom has a ton of closet space and spacious corner shower !
- Denise , Arizona

2019-11-23 2017 KZ Durango Gold 381REF View Listings

Plenty of trailer for anyone towing down the road to a camp spot. Know your route and fueling needs. Best bet is to fuel up with the big rigs. Your not going to pull this baby into your local gas station. Once you get to your spot set up is quick and easy. Wala! You are home away from home with all the amenities.
- John Miller, California

2019-11-17 2018 KZ Connect C303RL View Listings

Back to shop again , fifth time . Awning dead Again . Outside lights not working neither switches inside or outside work , bench’s pulling off wall, bench’s plywood cut to narrow, pretty much quality is very shoddy. Looks good but very poor craftsmanship, cheap material, seat supports screwed into drywall, supports 1”x 2” look like scrap lumber
- Donald Kimbrough, Texas

2019-11-11 2019 KZ Sportsmen LE 332BHKLE View Listings

OK dont even know where to start other then its a junk manufacturer water lines leaking at both sinks all 8 outlets are on (1) 15 amp circuit and the craftsmanship is anything but quality They put a queen low quality mattress ove a unfinished piece of plywood mattress already torn after 3 nights of camping the walls are made of paneling that is 3/16s" they use batter materials to build model airplanes I can keep going but I hate typing I will take fault at not knowing anything about travel trailers but you buy something brand new thinking your saving yourself future problems not with a KZ TRAILER DO NOT BUY A KZ TRAILER.... SAVE YOURSELF THE THE HEADACHES also do yourself a favor and stay away from YOUNGBLOODS OF KENTUCKY BEING THAT I PAID CASH for my trailer they said they could not deliver for 5-7 days because it took that long to do their 240 point inspection lmao what a joke if they would have done a 10 point inspection THEY WOULD HAVE FOUND ALL THE PROBLEM SO NO INSPECTION WAS DONE NOR WAS THE SWEEP AND VACUUM THAT CAME OUT OF THE MOUTH OF CHASE YOUNGBLOOD WHO ALSO HAD A PROBLEM OVER A $10 WATER HOSE THAT THEY BUY FROM WALMART JUST A BUNCH OF USED CAR SALESMAN HACKS I WOULDNT LET THEM FIX ME A SANDWICH
- RicK Payne, Kentucky

2019-10-29 2017 KZ Sportsmen LE 271BHLE View Listings

I have had nothing but problems since day one.The microwave and tank sensors had to be replaced before I left the lot. Trim was blowing off by second trip. Finally on my last trip the antenna blew off an ruined the roof. KZ says that this is not a defect and will not cover the cost of the repairs, even though the dealership said that they should.I would never recommend an RV made by KZ.
- Gary smith, Texas

2019-10-27 2017 KZ Durango Gold G353RKT View Listings

We love the Durango Gold G353RKT, it is Very good quality and the fit and finish the best we have had and this is our 4th RV. It is built with Full Time RVer's in mind. The rear kitchen and lots of counter space is the best we have seen in any brand.
- Bert Fletcher, Arizona

2019-09-24 2018 KZ Connect C241RLK View Listings

Bought the trailer brand new in February of 2018, was on display in the local RV show for a month, so we checked on it often to see how it was holding up,to everything opening and closing many times per day, and it seemed to be holding up extremely well. Picked it up in April 2018, and have used it for 2 full seasons, a couple minor water leaks (loose connections), and I had to reinforce the shower floor with one piece of scrap wood. Both propane hoses replaced under warranty this year, but otherwise, no problems. Towed a total of about 10,000 kms over 2 years, and I’d have no worries taking it anywhere!
- Steve, Saskatchewan

2019-09-23 2018 KZ Sportsmen LE 260BHLE View Listings

Brand new Sportsman 260BHLE built with cheap components that fail. First camping trip the refrigerator failed. Second camping trip the a/c failed. Still waiting for the dealer to fix it. They said they are waiting for KZ to send parts.
- Will Johnson, Mississippi

2019-09-17 2015 KZ Durango 2500 D315RKD View Listings

We bought this unit new in 2016. It is a 2015-so the warranty went into effect in 2016. This past summer I noticed bulges on one side of the camper, contacted KZ, our insurance company and another RV dealer here in town. The other dealer and the insurance agent both concluded that it was caused by poor workmanship. The roof fabric was tearing on one side caused by the manufacturer cutting the roof plywood to short and the screws holding the plywood down coming loose. The tears in the fabric allowed water to seep in between the side walls causing delamination on the fiberglass exterior wall. KZ said the warranty was 14 months out of their normal warranty and we are SOL! I posted some comments ontheir Facebook page, which they took down and now they have blocked me from their page. Bottom line-don't buy any thing from KZ. When 2 outside parties both say it's a manufacturing defect and they won't do anything to help off set the cost- I'll never buy another KZ product again.
- Eldon, Minnesota

2019-09-11 2018 KZ Connect C303RL View Listings

Bought in 2018 after looking at several similar models. Love the layout. Warranty on awning was fast and replaced arm. Dealer came to me for repairs. Have been living in unit over a year in nice resort close to Dallas and work. Learned more from service guy than salesman. Not sure skylights are worth it here in Texas due to heat. Would get a ladder in back for roof access. And not sure I would trade the fireplace for storage under tv or not. Four season was comfortable in winter for flooring. Would suggest to manufacturers to extend awning for entire length of trailer and possibly for both sides. Love the two AC units for this trailer. Need to shop around for reflective window covers - bought mine and fitted them out personally. Not crazy about two separate types of wall coverings but would change easily enough with contact paper to personalize to my taste. The full size queen mattress is a plus for accessories. Tons of storage in this model also. Would be nice if storage bins were included. A few are for bedroom. Since living in a resort, I have not used stove much , oven and shower never used. A big plus- water heater is either propane or electric. Fridge is very reactive to heat if sun is on that side, but does fine. It does have outside shower and entertainment access for tv under awning.
- Jenny, Texas

2019-09-11 2016 KZ Durango 1500 D259RDD View Listings

We have our 5th wheel for almost 3 years and have taken trips up to 11 weeks in length. KZ and the dealership worked well together and we had no problems with getting work completed under the 2 year warranty.
- Debbie Girard, Illinois

2019-09-09 2000 KZ Sportsmen 2465 View Listings

Lived in this model for quite some time. It was very good for a couple. Can seem kind of tight some times but very livable with one pet. The rear ET center made it nice. could use more space in the BR area. But overall I would give 4 stars. But would be the ultimate bachelor's pad with a little updating.
- Mike S, Alabama

2019-09-06 2019 KZ Sportsmen 251RL View Listings

Our new 5th wheel in 6 months has taken all the joy out of camping that we’ve done in the last 25 years. Absolutely junk! Our 1993 Terry Resort was camped in for 25 years with no issues. This one let me tell you what we’ve experienced so far: Axle blew out due to the crap self adjusting brakes they put on because they don’t adjust and cause you to run down the road with the brakes on until the axle blows. Left us stranded 8 hours from home for 2 weeks. Plugged toilet twice. Waiting for a plumber as we speak because it won’t unplug even though we’ve used RV toilet paper and the dealers recommended toilet disposal liquid. Sawdust has to swept every time you get to your location. Table extension doesn’t work. No air flow for air to the bathroom or bedroom. DO NOT BUY A KZ product you’ll regret it. Dealer and KZ rep not helpful.
- Jack Kirk, Michigan

2019-09-04 2017 KZ Connect 231BH View Listings

This has been an all around great RV for the size. With 2 adults and 1 child we have been comfortable and able to use all the features this unit has. The bunks are suitable for bringing a friend and and they have their own area. The storage is also a huge plus with the large rear compartment. If you are looking for a compact travel trailers this is a great surprise with durable quality.
- J Bean, Arizona

2019-09-02 2015 KZ Durango Goldrush Discovery View Listings

I would recommend this brand. Low maintenance, well built. The design is what attracted us to this brand. There were multiple floor plans to choose from. Full size refrigerator was a bonus, lots of storage space.
- Tina Hudson , Alabama

2019-08-31 2018 KZ Escape E181RB View Listings

Sorry, sorry, sorry. Bought new in June 2018. Getting ready to leave on our first trip out and discovered the bed was wet. Yep, a leak around the front window. Of course the dealer couldn’t get it fixed before we left. We had reservations and made arrangements to be gone so we dealt with it until we got back. Had to tarp the camper when parked. The CO2/has detector constantly went off. Took it back to the dealer. They had it 6 weeks - 2 months. They replaced the plywood on the bed (had to insist) and said they were waiting on a new mattress (had to insist on them getting a new mattress since ours had been wet. Next trip out the sink drain broke and flooded the floor. Here we are again tonight using my hair dryer to dry out the bed. Yep, leaked again. I will never purchase a KZ again and will advise anyone looking to look elsewhere. Oh and btw we I contacted the company, I never got a reply. I do like the floor plan but that’s it.
- Brenda, Arkansas

2019-08-23 2019 KZ Connect 241BHK View Listings

Bought this rv new. Poor build, cabinets unfinished, bed platform not attached, paneling loose on walls and the list goes on. They covered that damage but the exterior had a blemish in the filon they refuse to cover because I noticed it once I got it home and not the dealership even though we all agreed it was in fact a blemish in the manufacture process. They told me to ask my dealer to pay for it! This is not good customer service to not cover an issue because I noticed it instead of the dealership! Never will buy or recommend K-Z trailers again.
- Michael , Texas

2019-08-20 2018 KZ Sportsmen 231BLHE View Listings

I would tell anybody to never ever purchase a KZ camper. My first camper was a Dutchmen and I thought there could never be a worse camper !! I was wrong !! KZ is the worst possible camper you can purchase. We have a 2018 KZ 231 BLHE. At 14 months old, and we only used it 4 times, the outside kitchen sink drain came apart and soaked everything causing $1800.00 damage. KZ would not back the damage and said the warranty expired at 12 months!! Don't EVER buy a KZ product !!! I'm not the only one to have this problem I recently found out !!!!
- John Phillips, Pennsylvania

2019-08-20 2018 KZ Spree Escape 201RB View Listings

Overall, a good unit, floor plan, amenities for the price. Had some issues with window leaking, battery going dead while storing, trim issues. Shower can leak purely because of poor design. Dealer did a pretty good job making things right when they could. As with my other RV’s, charging a few more dollars to upgrade some features (like steps) would not have altered my purchase decision. 2019’s have a few upgrades.
- Rick, Michigan

2019-08-14 2018 KZ Sportsmen 271LE View Listings

Would not buy again, I know it wasn’t the greatest quality, but cheap and poor designed. The area around sink coming apart, caulking did not hold, couch has no middle piece so anyone 6’5 , 250 lbs. is going to bend it, ceiling over pull out bubbling, tried to say water damage, there is none, walls in bunk area bubbled. Fittings on outside sink broke, trying to find new one, two non skid strips on stairs, should be three, two kids slipped going out on a wet day, hurt backs. When we called all we got was you only had a one year warranty, well there’s a reason for that, things start falling apart after that. Take some time and look for something a little better made, and spend the extra money on a good camper, because this is not it!,,
- Betty archilles, Maine

2019-08-14 2018 KZ Durango Gold 384RLT View Listings

KZ restored our faith in company and the people that work for them. 5 Stars We had our 5er 1 year and found spongy floor in corner of slideout with separation from wall. Our entry steps were not installed correctly. Slideout also didn’t want to go in or out. Dealer was of course was useless which I’ll not discuss here. Multiple minor issues also. Our first call to KZ was told to bring RV to factory. Every call we made to them was handled professionally and sincerely in a timely manner. On our way to Shipshewana, our trailer brakes went out. We called Dexter who made the axle. They sent 4 new brakes and called someone in our area to put them on. (although it was done incorrectly). We were put up in hotel and called to come look at what they were doing and to make sure we agreed. Dexter also showed up and fixed brake issue. In 3 days everything had been done and more. Everyone at KZ we spoke to, we met in person and was competent, courteous and went out of there way to make sure we were happy. We are!!!
- Joseph Anderson , Florida

2019-08-13 2018 KZ Sportsmen Classic 180TH View Listings

Multiple serious problems. Layout, pullabilty and concept are great but quality is extremely low. In 800 miles (couldn't get more due to time spent in shop) and 7 months of ownership, these are some of the problems. Roof leak caused wall and bedding / mattress damage (Wall panel had to be replaced). Floor broke under rear tire of motorcycle while hauling - very weak floor, especially at seams that may have been made worse from the many water leaks (requires new floor). Fresh water tank leak required tank removal to find and repair leak. Front jack bolts broke off or were missing due to incorrect torque, leaving one bolt to hold up front of trailer. Fridge and microwave required re-installation, as they were falling out. Sink leak caused cabinet damage due to leak. Multiple other smaller problems that would make the list too long.
- Larry, Wyoming

2019-08-12 2017 KZ Venom 3911TK View Listings

First bought it...loved it, but after the warranty ran out it seems like every time we take it out something happens. Last year a tire blew...two years old and only 2 trips to Georgia...bought all new tires upon return and found out 3 others were ready to blow! This year the main computer board went out...still waiting for right one...wrong one was sent. Now this trip...a leaf spring broke...ruined one new tire. We had awning problems...wouldn’t go in, minor jack issues, microwave went out, refrigerator didn’t have proper insulation, blind strings broke first week we had it...we love camping but just afraid to go anywhere...what else will happen. You spend hard earned money only to spend more to fix it. We had 2 Winnebago motor homes and only had one issue after owning it 10 years!
- Carol , Iowa