Dutchmen Reviews on RV Insider (263)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Dutchmen RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Jim from Utah says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2017 Dutchmen Aspen Trail 2810BHS View Listings

Nice floor plan. Tall interior which is great. Seems to have trouble running the fridge and a/c at the same time. Fridge has to be manually unplugged (no switch to choose propane or electric) to force it to run on gas. Power source might not have been completely up to snuff when this happened but still seems like a really stupid design to have to remove panel and unplug to have the fridge run on gas if your plugged into power.
- Jim, Utah

2020-09-18 2020 Dutchmen Coleman Light 2715RL View Listings

My wife and I love everything about this RV, except that our truck is a bit too small to comfortably tow it across country. So we were faced with a choice of either buying a bigger truck (too expensive) or selling this brand new RV and purchasing a smaller one: about 2,000 or more less in weight and seven or more less feet in length. The RV feels solid, is great to travel with, and has everything one needs to be comfortable.
- William H, Texas

2020-09-13 2013 Dutchmen Rubicon 2600 View Listings

We bought this camper new. I had looked at them and was convinced this was for me. The quality of this camper is JUNK. First month the inverter burnt up. They covered it. The stove never worked at about 1/2 heat from day we bought it. After 4 years regulator broke and I replaced it. Wow the stove worked. The refrigerator only works on gas. Replaced water pump. It has power awning with rain dump feature. Yes it dumps the water and when it does the arms bend beyond repair . In the 3d year the water tank fell out wile we were going down the road. I could write a book about this adventure. The inside shower skylight was cracked sometime in the first year. The fuel station pump died twice now. One of the biggest things I hate about it is the edge of the cabinets that covers the plywood shrinks over time. Every piece has shrunk 2 “. The bed sucks because one of you will have to crawl over to get out.
- Tom hodkin, Minnesota

2020-09-05 2020 Dutchmen Coleman Lantern 202RD View Listings

This is the 2nd Coleman ive owned and i love it. Love everything about it. Simple rasy to set up customer service is fast and im very happy with it for the price point. I replaced the mattress with a queen short and did the trick
- Kim Seymour, New Hampshire

2020-08-30 2013 Dutchmen Infinity 3860MS View Listings

I bought a used 2013 Dutchman Infinity 43ft 5th wheel (25,000.00)in June 2018. In December 2018, We were on our way home (Washington, State) from Arizona (getting gas outside of Searchlight, Nevada) when we noticed the roof looked like it got a crack in it. We decided to stop in Las Vegas for the night at RV Park and the slides in kitchen/living room would not open. Got motel room. Finished our trip home slow and carefully due to the crack was on both sides of trailer. Husband pulled some paneling off walls to see roof frame of trailer had broke in half, both sides. We don't know how to fix it, but want others to be aware.
- Theresa, Washington

2020-08-27 2020 Dutchmen Coleman Light 2515RL View Listings

We bought this camper based on the floor plan and the Coleman brand. Wished I would have paid more attention to details. First there are no electric outlets near the “kitchen” area. I have to plug the coffee pot up near the sofa away from kitchen. Also on the drivers side of the sofa no outlet or phone charger. Coleman should have put more electric outlets in strategic places in the camper. The camper indicates there are 2 gray water tanks on the panel. Plus during walk thru the guy told us there were two tanks. There’s not. One tank that filled up on our third camping trip. We’ve since bought a “poop wagon” to drain grey water for longer camping. First camping our electric hitch jack went out and had to be replaced under warranty. When I picked up my camper after being in the shop for two months we inspected the the work and found a loose wire. We asked the technician about it and he just shrugged who the heck knows where it goes. On second camping trip the drawer under the stove came apart. Cheap shoddy construction. No satellite inlet. Cable inlet did not work with Dish satellite, so I installed my own. Good thing I did. We camped last weekend at a park that had cable tv hook up. I could not get the cable tv to work. I switched and connected through the satellite inlet - cable worked! There are some pluses. Nice kitchen, stove and three burner stove. Full size fridge, nice bathroom - but cheaply done. Bedroom functional, nice electric stability jacks. Really nice awning. If I had it to do over, I’d probably buy a different brand.
- TJ Cutchins, Florida

2020-08-26 2020 Dutchmen Atlas 3172RLKB View Listings

The floor plan is great!! I have written a review on this camper before. We finally got the water pump fixed, but now to find out the black water handle doesn't work!! Really!! Now it has to go back and get fixed again! We still didn't get all the other problems fixed yet. We wanted the water pump fixed and the step handle fixed so we could use our camper at least one or two more times this summer. ( we have only used it once before). It took 6 weeks or longer to get it back, so we missed all summer waiting for it to get fixed!! I wish I had my 2006 camper back. It was built solid and no problems. Buyer beware.....go find an older, better built camper.
- Shirley, Ohio

2020-08-26 2020 Dutchmen Kodiak Cub 177RB View Listings

Warranty work takes a while, and thats even if they decide to warranty it, they will tell you it is damage because it was not noted at the dealer as defected. I wouldnt recommend Dutchman rvs as a 1st time new rv purchaser. It has been sitting at the repair shop for warranty work more than i have been able to use it, not a quality manufacture. But good luck!
- calvin, Michigan

2020-08-25 2020 Dutchmen Coleman Light 2715RL View Listings

Well, we've loved it! It's our third RV, and this one by far is the most comfortable and livable. We were thinking we'd be using this cross-country, but decided we wanted something a bit smaller for that purpose. We also we were thinking we'd be using it for long-term work related trips, a month or more. But the work situation has changed, and that won't be necessary. But it would've worked great for that. Easy to set up, easy to tow, had we decided to keep it (we've only owned it two months ... bought it brand-new from Camping World), we'd have installed a second AC unit. It's a fine unit, well worth the price!
- Bill Holdridge, Texas

2020-08-24 2020 Dutchmen Guide 2457RK View Listings

They are so lousy with their warranty. Don't buy any camper made by keystone or Dutchman. They don't back up what they manufacture. The counters fell apart and they are going to glue them back together. They don't care about the customer. They just want your money.
- Tammy Thompson, Minnesota

2020-08-24 2018 Dutchmen Kodiak 186E View Listings

Fantastic trailer! This lightweight trailer is compact at a length of 20.75 feet. Many campsites have limited sites for longer RV's. It is also so easy to set up! We looked at pop up options that took up to an hour to set up. This is set up in a few minutes. The ends collapse and are released with two locked ends with secure bar. This space is the only canvas section which is two queen sleeping areas complete with privacy curtains and zippered enclosure for open, screened or closed options. You also have a bathroom with separate shower, toilet and sink area. The microwave, stove top and oven with fridge and freezer saves time and money with ability for cooking indoors. The outdoor shower helps with gear, utensil or kid clean up. It sleeps eight as you have the two queen sections and dining area and couch convert to sleepers. We also loved having a tv, dvd and radio to keep the kids entertained. There was lots of storage inside and under the RV. We highly recommend this RV!
- Lisa Ann, Alabama

2020-08-21 2019 Dutchmen Coleman Lantern 337BH View Listings

i purchased this unit in July of 2018. By the end of the first season, I had it back at the dealer for repairs to be made to the floor. A screw had come loose from under the slide which tore the vinyl flooring when i slid it out. The dinette booth back rest had come loose, so that had to be repaired as well. The awning wasnt installed correctly, and that had to be repaired. About a year later. About 6 months later, I noticed the main slide in the living area had a slight sag to it, i thought it was just the trim around the slide. A bit later, i noticed I had water coming in through the slide room. When you walk throught the middle of the trailer,, you can hear boards creaking because they have come loose. The cable system that drives the kitchen slide has come loose. I have had this trailer 2 years now, so I am past the bumper to bumper warranty and left with about $6500 of repairs that Dutchmen doesnt seem to want to help with. I will never purchase another Dutchmen product, and will make sure that none of my friends and family purchase one either.
- braden fyffe, Arkansas

2020-08-20 2018 Dutchmen Coleman Lantern 202RD View Listings

The Coleman Lantern is the worst camper out there. We bought this in 2018 brand new hasn't been quite 2 yrs of owning, the first trip we had to fix the kitchen faucet it was never tightened up when put together therefore it was flipping all over the place. We have had to fix the trim, one of the shades has not worked since we bought, we are now having to fix the tub pipes as the tub leaks all over the floor. Very poorly built. We paid 23k for this crap, tried trading in and the offer is 9k. Ummmm seriously dutchman needs to stop making campers this is NOT OK...... Very displeased and will never buy Coleman again or any dutchman product.
- Rebecca Hawkins, Maine

2020-08-17 2020 Dutchmen Astoria 2903BH View Listings

I purchased my brand new trailer on May 22, 2020. Seven weeks later, the entire slide mechanism malfunctioned. I had it at two dealers before I was told I needed to have it taken to the factory for repair. One dealer said they could fix it but the factory wouldn't pay them as it was more cost effective to tow it 1250 miles one way to the nearest Keystone factory. Further, it was three weeks before it was determined it was a factory repair, then to schedule the repair (originally I was told November) I had to wait almost two months before their earliest appointment, which is now September 21, 2020. The factory scheduler told me it was an eight hour job, that's one day, but she could not guarantee the trailer be completed that week and back on the road to me. In fact, I have reservations for a campground on October 7 and was told they "might" not have it back to me by then because they have to give the shipper five days to pick it up and a dealer has to check the repair before it can be delivered to me. That's confidence...they replace the slide mechanism and they think there's a chance it malfunctions on the drive home. Meanwhile, I have been dealing with their so called customer service in Indiana that cannot tell me why this one day job takes almost three months. I have offered to deliver the trailer myself to speed up the process but their offer to compensate me is the cost of diesel, nothing else. So here I sit, surfing the internet, finding more articles about how Thor Industries, Keystone, and Dutchmen has the worst quality control and kicks out the worst products. I wish I found those articles before I bought (in my defense, one was written after I purchased). https://campersmarts.com/rv-brands-to-avoid-and-why The other thing I am learning is that Keystone/Dutchmen customer service is also the worst in the industry. There have been many complaints that they don't call you back, they take a long time to resolve your issue, and overall it's just not a pleasant experience. I have tried to reach out to a level higher than the customer service but those people are well trained to protect the GM's and CEO's of the company. DON'T BUY FROM THOR INDUSTRIES! That's my advise.
- Chris Prinz, Arizona

2020-08-16 2020 Dutchmen Coleman Light 2515RL View Listings

Purchased our camper in February 2020 and within 3 weeks had it at dealership for 9 repairs. Most items were not taken care of so we took care of a few ourselves. Have taken to dealer 7 times and still having issues. Main issue is when changing TV channel it will turn fireplace on and off, if adjusting the volume, it will change temp on fireplace up and down. It is now August and still not fixed and have been told there is no fix. They have replaced the TV one and now want to replace the TV again. They tell me the tv is in and then it isn't or it came in and broken, will be here on Monday, that was a week ago. Always an excuse. The exterior door would come open while traveling even though we had the deadbolt locked. Took to dealer 5 times, first they replaced the door and after numerous trips they finally changed the lock and deadbolt, we picked the camper up and were getting ready to leave and decided to check everything. They had changed the locks and didn't bother to tell us this or give us the new keys (we live an hour from dealer). Went back in and it took them about 40 minutes to figure out the problem. A technician even came out and tried to unlock the door! We have contacted the dealership CEO and Dutchmen manufacturer of Coleman. No one wants to take responsibility for anything. We just want them to make it good by at least letting us get another camper and not take a huge loss on the one we would be trading in. Not an option. Never buy a Coleman, they do not stand behind their products. Only interested in selling, not servicing the products that they sell and do not honor the warranty. We were told by the CEO that states that "if you are not happy, I'm not happy", well guess he is good and mad. He is the one that told us there was no fix to the tv/fireplace issue and said that the problem was closed as far as he is concerned. There are still a few issues that haven't been resolved and it has been 7 1/2 months. Ridiculous. Please, please do not buy a Coleman or a camper from Camping World.
- Patsy Carraway, North Carolina

2020-08-11 2019 Dutchmen Coleman Lantern 262BH View Listings

Not a good purchase, I would not recommend my Colman Lantern. First year breakdowns. Hot water gas valve LP has regulator Awning clips Air conditioning Computer board in refrigerator Terrible mistake making this purchase.
- William Rymer, Tennessee

2020-08-10 2020 Dutchmen Kodiak Cub 177RB View Listings

Bought this unit because of size, layout and tank capacity. Have had it out several times Overall quality is better than average. Cabinetry quality is pretty good with the exception of the dinette. Had to spend considerable time reinforcing the box. Door frame around screen has a gap big enough for the murder wasp to fly through. Wish it came with dual axel option. Tried to get info on location of metal studs because I’m thinking about putting a small window in the rear. Manufacturer contact was useless and will have find a stud finder that is usable with foil backed panels. Overall great design for a small “couples trailer”, but I think they went a little cheap in some areas of manufacturing. Most problems I’ve found are fixable if your a competent handy man. Adding a second axel is not a cost or effort I’m willing to undertake. Did put a three burner stove in place of the terrible two burner recessed stove it came with.
- Ken, Idaho

2020-08-10 2018 Dutchmen Aspen Trail 2340BHS View Listings

Perfect size trailer...love my outdoor kitchen.f150 tows it great....storage is all the way under front bed room.4 leveling jacks are super easy to use...bought this size after having a motor coach that was a lot of work to setup..not to mention storing somewhere...
- Steve, Ohio

2020-08-09 2020 Dutchmen Atlas 3172RLKB View Listings

I’m a full time RVer. This camper is junk. The appliances are junk. The tires are junk. The craftsman/workmanship is junk. I’ve owned this since September 2019 and it has been in for warranty work 6 times and we are no where near close to solving all the issues. The Floorplan is awesome. Very comfortable and if everything you look at too hard didn’t fall apart I’d be much happier. All the drawers are poorly assembled and nearly all of them the bottoms have fallen out. The appliances are extremely poor choices. Dometic refrigerator has failed twice and currently waiting a second warranty replacement on that. The Jenson entertainment center doesn’t have HDMI outputs to the TV. TV has the inputs??? Come on, this is 2020 and you use composite connections? Also the entertainment center won’t play BluRay discs??? DVD yes, BluRay no. Again this is a 2020 camper. At 7800 miles shredded my first tire. At 7950 shredded my second tire. Bothe had tire minder sensors on them and both were properly inflated. Again absolutely junk from components, materials and workmanship. Every single threaded plumbing connection has leaked until I fully tightened them. Everyone??? You do the math. The rear jacks were installed so that fully retracted they were only 2.5” above the ground. I’ve raised them to the highest and now are 6.5”. Inside the trim work is stapled so that there is no way it will stay in place. The window valances fabric is installed with approximately 350 staples or one staple ever 1/8”. This is not an exaggeration. All the plastic trim above the 3 slide outs have fallen off. The propane system had a leak under the camper and both tanks would go empty after 5 days with nothing inside using propane. If you buy anything made by Dutchman or Thor Industries for that matter you will not get you money’s worth or any quality.
- Mike Murphy, Idaho

2020-07-31 2020 Dutchmen Atlas 3172RLKB View Listings

Perfect floorplan, beautiful inside, exactly what we wanted. Now comes the problems.....We brought it home, Covid hit, so we couldn't use so it was stored in our garage from March to July. We brought it out and the water pump doesn't work, the fridge door was hanging out of the strips, the fireplace is crooked. We had made reservations for camping, so we still went. We had to deal with the broken water pump and took showers at the campground facilities!! While walking down the steps the railing broke in my hands and I fell to the ground!! I weigh 140 lbs!! Yes, I called and they are going to fix all the problems, but I paid over $50,000 for a camper that is in the shop, with one service person working on all campers, and we used it one time so far this summer and I don't see using it in the future anytime soon. Very disappointed in the quality of this camper and all new campers. Put together quickly without any concern to the customer who has to deal with all the things that are wrong from the beginning. Make it Right the first time so you don't have angry campers fixing all the repairs!! Not happy here!!! When I called the service dept, the person told me he is working on a brand new camper with a broken axle. Really????
- Shirley, Ohio

2020-07-29 2017 Dutchmen Voltage Epic 3990 View Listings

Smoking deal for what you get especially given that it has the 3 season package. The extras alone will save you about $1k. It’s worth the trip out to virginia. Owner seems nice and reasonable to talk to about the price.
- Walter, California

2020-07-29 2018 Dutchmen Kodiak Ultimate 330BHSL View Listings

Read before your purchase!!!! In 2017 I purchased a 2018 Dutchman Kodiak ultimate. I paid $40000 for this camper. From the moment I took it off the lot and set it up for the very 1st time I have had nothing but problems out of this camper. From faucets leaking, Trim falling off, Bunk beds breaking (70 lb children, 300lb limit), Water heater issues, And now my current most devastating problem. My slide in my kitchen, Got stuck out halfway after making a loud grinding sound. I called the local RV mechanic to help. What had happened is the cables from the pulley system On my slide were crossed, Therefore every time my slide was let out they were rubbing. They rubbed in till they frayed. Therefore causing my slide to get stuck. I had to pay to have the cables removed and my slide manually put out. Now my slightest out for good. In the meantime, The technician that took out the cables realized that the floor was soft over there. Mind you the slide is up against a wall where you would not normally walk or stand. So we did not notice it. We went into further investigation and realized that the bunkhouse floors are soft as well, Which is on the other side of the wall that I was just speaking of. After dealing with the dealership and the Kodiak warranty department, They are not going to fix this issue. Their words are, You should have done a maintenance. This is a maintenance problem not a Manufacturers problem. So, The person that twisted the cables installing the slide, which did not let the slide come out all the way, Which we did not know about, We thought it was out all the way, Didn't realize that they had twisted the cables and not that's could be a problem? Also being overlooked by the inspector at the dealership? Now it's my problem. I should have had maintenance done. So having maintenance done would have noticed the twisted cables? Like the other 2 people involved in handling my camper noticed? So the maintenance Tech would have noticed as well? No, he would NOT have noticed because the slide is up against a wall!!!! The only person who would have noticed this is the person that put it together!! And didn't care that he or she messed up! It's not Their camper to deal with right? So why worry about it? I Would like everyone to share my story and pass the word: KEYSTONE DOES NOT BACK THEIR PRODUCT!!! Therefore remember that when you decide to go camper shopping and see how beautiful they are in the beginning, Then you set it up and realize it's a piece of junk, With the big price tag and pretty lights.
- Amber Staten, Ohio

2020-07-19 2020 Dutchmen Kodiak Cub 185MB View Listings

First camping trip pump got plugged. cleaned filter.2 trip all the shades fell off. Put new screws in. 3 trip lost power while camping to everything. Found wire for main plug not connected. Caused from stripped out bolt not holding wire. I had to fix all problems myself. Takes to long to take in repair shop. Camper was only 3 months old.
- Randy, Colorado

2020-07-12 2020 Dutchmen Coleman Light 2435RK View Listings

I looked at many units and this one was THE one for me. But I lost my job and sadly I must sell it in order to move on. Never used, brand new, just towed it from Camping World to Junction, TX. I love the rear kitchen, dual entry/exit doors, queen bed and pass through storage. The microwave above the stove with a 7 cu ft refrigerator is very convenient! Has 1 slide for dinette and creates a nice front room area with lots of seating.I love that everything is power. The 18' awning with LED patio lights and power stabilizers.Water heater & refrig are gas/electric DSI. Double axle creates safety and smoothness as you tow.Sleeps 6 just in case you carry friends or family. This unit is beautiful, ready to go, has a heavy duty hitch, sway bars and power jack. Love the power jack and ready to add solar panels! Sad to see it go...
- Donna Schirmer, Texas

2020-07-05 2020 Dutchmen Atlas 3172RLKB View Listings

Very bad quality very bad service water tank broke strap on a brand new unit tour out the bottom bed fell apart horrible craftsmanship the inverter or converter was no good the day we brought it home we've had this camper 5th wheel for approximately three months driven 50 miles total lived in for one month horrible craftsmanship
- michaelshaverplumbing, Tennessee