Dutchmen RVs Reviews on RV Insider (212)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Dutchmen RVs Reviews and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of these RVs.

Jim from Utah says:

Have you owned any Dutchmen RVs? Write a review

Voted Most Helpful Review 2017 Dutchmen Aspen Trail 2810BHS View Listings

Nice floor plan. Tall interior which is great. Seems to have trouble running the fridge and a/c at the same time. Fridge has to be manually unplugged (no switch to choose propane or electric) to force it to run on gas. Power source might not have been completely up to snuff when this happened but still seems like a really stupid design to have to remove panel and unplug to have the fridge run on gas if your plugged into power.
- Jim, Utah

2020-01-14 2020 Dutchmen Kodiak Cub 177RB View Listings

The layout, length and water capacities were what encouraged me to buy. Only camped one night so far. The box seems tight. Wished that dual axles were an option. The kitchen and bath cabinets seem sound, but I needed to add some shelving. Dînette is pretty flimsy and required additional bracing. I’d like to add one of those pressure tanks, but the pump is almost inaccessible. Needs to have 12v outlet for the TV. No appliance manuals provided, so am downloading online. Overall workmanship good for a TT, but some glaring exceptions like the dinette/sleeper. We went into this purchase as experienced RVers and selected the 177RB for specific configuration reasons. It’s a little better quality than our last 2 TTs and our last one made it to Alaska and back fully intact. Good thing though that I’m pretty handy as it needs some modifications to make it more livable. ktt
- Ken, Idaho

2020-01-13 2019 Dutchmen Voltage 3605 View Listings

Great Toy Hauler / 5th wheel! Lot's of space; huge garage; and plenty of room to sleep 8+. If you want to live & travel on the nice side of life, this is the vehicle for you. Plenty of space for a 4 seater side by side too.
- Blake, California

2020-01-10 2015 Dutchmen Infinity 3810FL View Listings

Just bought 2nd camper Would not buy anywhere else Awesome employees TOOT MY HORN FOR MISS BRENDA She has had to tolerate my husband he loves to pick We have always been treated like royalty We good way back My husband went back to pick up an item he needed for our camper A large truck hauling paving hit my husband and Ms Brenda was there for us You got to love an employee that goes way beyond their job to help out someone on a wreck She has had us look at the same camper and here we really want it and she was always patient with us A couple of months would go by and who shows up to see Ms Brenda yep US AGAIN but she was always excited to see us like we had never been there But we did it I'm sitting in the Camper right now We are so HAPPY THANKS MS BRENDA YOU MADE IT SO EASY AND NIT PAINFUL TO BUY OUR NEW HOME THANKS THIS IS AN AWESOME EMPLOYEE GOES WAY OUT OF THE WAY TO HELP US TOOT YOUR HORN MS BRENDA.
- Kathy James, Mississippi

2020-01-09 2020 Dutchmen Kodiak 332BHLS View Listings

Every square inch of this thing is bill short of correct the trim is all a corner and short nothing is snug the tiny walls that divide kitchen from living area and storage underneath bed or a plum the doors do not shut well because they were set over the weather stripping it seeps the smell of propane and sewage through the house and the tanks black and Gray are poorly designed constantly retaining excess liquid and not draining correctly, insulation is barely 4 seasons drafty. Construction is cheap pla material peeling and easily Damaged. Electrical power doesn't have backing behind it causing it to pull out toilets are flimsy hard and difficult to keep clean. The lights are wired into the battery and not easily enter changeable or replaceable leaving no alternative other than the harsh white light that comes with purchase. Access panels are cheaply made cut 316th skim board drilled into the wood Do not buy anything from this company of crooks and thieves
- Michael kent, Oklahoma

2020-01-08 2018 Dutchmen Endurance 3456 View Listings

This was our first time buying a RV/Travel trailer honestly after experiencing what we have we can truly say we should had looked around first definitely Looked at better brands and studied reviews on them before ever deciding on this Rv our experience was okay at first we were impressed thought it looked very nice especially for our first RV but the longer we had it this RV turned into a nightmare within a month we started noticing a water leak in the bedroom if it rained from a storm water would start coming inside leaking from the cabinets above the bed after looking more closely there was obvious water damage to the cabinets that we had failed to see when we purchased it then water from the shower leaked underneath inside of the storage compartment and soaked everything due to poorly put together plumbing then we had a leak in the kitchen that kept the floor soaked in front of the door We finally discovered that was coming from the hot water heater line under the fridge again from poorly done plumbing another Problem we noticed was the A/C units started leaking and draining inside on top of the bed in the bedroom and also the unit in the kitchen/living room space leaks and drips down in the center of the floor then our kitchen fridge stopped working due to some kind of Wiring going bad we figured that out from reviews of other customers experiencing the same problem and for the over all appearance it looked really nice to us at first but the trim over the entire trailer started popping off and also areas like above our slide out the dark wood frame around it started pilling up from the wood like tap pealing off of it leaving plywood showing our propane furnace heater worked for the first couple of months now it doesn’t work you click the thermostat on heat it blows cold air and the furnace won’t kick on the front landing gear that lifts the Trailer up and down started to only work sometimes it would go out and in then it stopped completely and we had to do it by hand cranking it down and up till we figured out that It was the switch that was no good and finally the latest problem is our under belly insulation was filling with water from the plumbing off the kitchen waste tank being loose and barley attached so over all this entire trailer was built half ass at the least to say and I say that bc things like the bunks in the back only had half the bolts in them and trim not nailed down like it should be then a lot of poorly put together plumbing and the roof done poorly not attached like it should be for this to be a 2018 model bought new from a dealership they took us to the cleaners we paid right at $60,000 dollars for this RV/ Travel Trailer in September of 2018 and all this happen within the first yr we went back to the store after 4 months that we purchased It from at Gander RV and outdoors they were absolutely no help at all they told us they don’t work on rv trailers and couldn’t take it back the manager told me to file insurance on it after hearing and seeing the videos and pictures of damage and water leaks he said it wasn’t going to be able to be fixed from his opinion my response to him was are you freaking kidding me we pay $60,000 to your store and I’m back in here less than 4 months later and your telling me a new RV u sold me off your lot with no damage caused by us looks to be not fixable that you can’t help me so I called Dutchmen and the closest Dutchman dealer wasn’t within reasonable driving distance for one but we contacted them trying to get help they had one recall part for the heater they told us to drive the RV to them and they would put the replacement part on for free out of everything that was wrong with this entire trailer they told us they hadn’t had any recalls or defects on that year and model so that did no good at all we have fixed problem by problem on this trailer the roof was poorly screwed down and was separating so we reattached it and sealed it ourselves the plumbing had to be glued and connected in multiple places the fridge needed a new wiring piece we ordered offline and replaced it we reattached and nailed down the trim we ordered another switch for the front landing gear jacks to lift the front of the trailer for the truck so my advice to anyone thinking of buying a Dutchmen Rv is don’t do it period I almost would go as far as saying we could of built one better from the ground up by ourselves bc that’s basically what we’ve had todo from all the repairs we made and zero help from the dealership or Dutchmen
- Alisa Barnett , Tennessee

2019-12-28 2019 Dutchmen Endurance 3586G View Listings

We bought this Trailor from Anderson Ca RV and it was totally misrepresented. It was sold as a king bedroom but it is a queen. We are forced to sue them. The trailer it’s self is junk. This trailer is barely put together on a rusty old frame. All the insurance and it spends more time getting worked on than used. 68k of pure junk.
- Joe , California

2019-12-07 2019 Dutchmen Aspen Trail 2390RKSWE View Listings

Purchased a new 2019 Aspen Trail travel trailer. Had it at a permanent spot at a campground for two months. Camped in it maybe 4 times. The ceiling was coming down all the way through the camper. The wall in the bedroom was bulging out. In the living room, the corner of where the Tv sits was coming unglued and splitting open!! A big hole in the bathroom floor where the flooring was laid over the hole to cover it up. Leaking from the shower and leaking we think from the kitchen sink. This trailer has been sitting at the dealership since Oct.14th 2019 and is still there! We also missed some of our end of the year camping!! Dutchmen are not honoring their warranty and will not fix it properly! They want to just put a band-aide on everything. Their craftsmanship is absolutely horrible! Dutchmen make cheap junkie trailers and do not stand by their warranty! Buyer Beware!! Do not buy anything made by Dutchmen!! We are now stuck with a loan payment and a trailer that is falling apart!! Very upset and disappointed!!
- Michele, Illinois

2019-12-02 2008 Dutchmen Express 25C View Listings

Lots of room in the kitchen to prepare meals. Light interior. One large slideout. Easy to dive in town. Exterior color does not show dirt. Lots of outside storage. The condition is good. New roof coating and new house batteries.
- Lee Richardson, Arizona

2019-11-12 2020 Dutchmen Astoria 2953F View Listings

We like the trailer overall, but on the first trip out the gas hot water heater did not function properly and almost caught the trailer on fire. Also, the Auto Leveling system did not function properly and even after about an hour on the phone with the Technician still would not properly level the trailer. Had to use manual features. We will keep the trailer, but only if the dealer makes good on these issues. Towing was very easy, even in high winds.
- D.C., Texas

2019-11-04 2019 Dutchmen Atlas 3002RLF View Listings

We purchased our Atlas new and it has been awesome so far. We had a few little things that needed attention however Dutchmen was notified and the repairs were approved without question. This 5th wheel pulls like a dream and my family loves the outside kitchen. Happy we bought this camper. On a bad note we had Camping World do the repairs and I am now fixing the issues myself, they are a joke and over bill for everything.
- Asa Steven Large , Arizona

2019-11-04 2019 Dutchmen Astoria 2953RLF View Listings

This 5th wheel was recommended by a fellow RVer/friend like us. They recommend the dealer which is SunnyIsland in Rockford. They have outstanding service, aerolite has a 3 year warranty, which is 1 year longer than Jayco’s for which we’ve had for the last 30 years. Our Astoria is light weight, plenty of room, thought the mattress was very hard, which we replaced before our trip to Florida. Our Astoria is completely sealed underneath, having the walk through we found everything thing working & nothing had to be fixed before we picked it up I would recommend this rv to all!
- Arden Miller, Illinois

2019-10-28 2019 Dutchmen Kodiak Cub 175BH View Listings

We loved the 175BH, at first. However after first trip out we had several poor workmanship issues that serviced. Peeling wall paper, window not latching, roof vent not opening all the way. Took that in and got all of the above repaired. Next trip...back for repair of bunk bed that was made with defective particle board that was cracking. It would not of held any weight if someone had slept on it. There were multiple screw holes under in the storage pass thru but no screws were in the drilled holes. Again it was fixed by the dealership. Each trip that we went on demonstrated another workmanship error. Bad wiring, refrigerator went out 3 times before it was finally replaced. Today on the way home from a camping trip the back wheel just broke off and flew across the freeway. Thank God no one was hit and we were able to steer the truck and trailer to safety with the one side dragging on the axel...very scary. Be aware of this poorly made craft. It is if it was the practice model for all the other models that followed. DO NOT BUY IT.
- Pat Perry, Washington

2019-10-26 2018 Dutchmen Kodiak 299BHSL View Listings

This camper is only a year old and I am totally disgusted with the manufacturing of it!!! I totally love the floor plan. Took it on the first camping trip and had to bring it back for a leak in the roof. Now it is leaking in the bathroom. When we took the skylight down...you can clearly see this has been leaking for a very long time. The screws are rusted, the insulation foam is so nasty and brown, and the skylight cover is corroded!! The table leans, the 2 jackknife sofas can only sleep one person because the back is about 3 inches higher than the seat. The roof is warranted but not the caulking...which if not put on right and there is a spot where you can see it wasn't. Who would of ever thought to check this on a brand new camper. When you pay $26K for something you expect it be better made than this. When I went back to dealer it's..."You need to check this every 3 months or so....SORRY I CALL BS!!!
- Cheryl Rome, Louisiana

2019-10-18 2018 Dutchmen Kodiak Ultimate 2711BS View Listings

I bought this trailer in March 2018. Biggest mistake of my life. I am stuck with the a lemon. From the first day I brought it home things have been breaking. For the first year of ownership I was able to camp twice and the rest of the time it's been in the shop. The table bed collapsed, the trim from ALL parts of the trailer has fallen off. The refrigerator didnt work. The microwave didnt work. The water heater needed fixing. The slide needed repair. The biggest problem that still exists is the heater intermittently working. I bought the trailer to be used in the winter months. I've only been able to use it once so far and the heater quit working on that trip too. (Yes there is propane) it will click like it wants to work but not ignite although the stove does. We've gotten no help despite having video evidence of what it is doing. It is now late Oct 2019. I've been able to use this money pit a total of 4, FOUR times. It spends longer at the dealers than my home. Do not buy new trailers. I was told at the dealers all the manufacturers were just pumping them out to meet demand and letting the warrenty take care of things after. Buy before 2017 is what I was told.
- Rayleen Hall, Washington

2019-10-14 2018 Dutchmen Aerolite 2843BH View Listings

2018: This RV was like an expensive watercraft. And by that, I mean it leaked from every orifice. Every window, every door(3 of them including the back behind the bunks), the windows in the doors, every hatch, the sunlights in the roof and even through the refridgerator vent. Some of the seals were installed upside down and some of them had finger impressions in the sealant that acted like four little funnels, two hands worth, to let the water inside. No joke, every opening in the skin leaked. The fridge leak was so bad that the wood swelled up and rotted completely and every trim strip swelled up from water. They are only sawdust covered in pretty tape after all. The strip lighting in the front end, outside and inside the storage bay fell off within a month. Now we bought this RV brand new and only had it for 1 year. It spent the majority of that time in the shop trying to locate and repair the leaks and the damage.I carried many, many extra towels to soak up water because we had obligations to travel for most of the spring. We would go out for a weekend, drop it off at the shop on our way back, pick it up 2 or 3 weeks later, rinse, repeat. The dealer tried their best to fix it, but we ended up paying a relatively small amount of money for the manufacturer to take the 2018 back as a complete failure and get us into a 2019 replacement. 2019 replacement, also 2843BH: Now with this one, only two windows and the door windows leaked. Fairly easy fix, including one window completely replaced due to a broken internal seal. We've had this one since February 2019. It has been in the shop three times, including right now. They have come to our house 3 times, including to replace and fix window leaks. The first roadtrip findings: the fridge circuit board wired backwards, burned up before purchadse but unknown yet. The water heater blow out valve has been replaced 3 times, still leaks.The sunroof in kitchen was installed so poorly it was warped sideways, replaced. The drain in the shower had no support, snapped in 2 at the seam the first time in the shower. Leaked enough to come out of the bottom of the trailer. Luckily my husband was outside and noticed. Not a weight issue. Replaced and supported. Auto level system has never worked. Shop opens underpinning, finds that it has only one screw in each sensor and the sensor moves everytime you pull the trailer. More hardware, still doesn't work. Shop tries reset several times. Raises the trailer high enough to pop the shackles on the right axles. In the shop right now trying to fix. Most recent trip, slideout stops after 12" of travel. Error message says battery low.Shore power connected and battery at 13 volts. Almost every trip the panel will not start up. Thinks the trailer is still moving. Have to disconnect battery to reset control panel. The drawer under the aft dining table seat was assembled so poorly it had come apart at the seams. The brace that it slides on was screwed in without holding it down so the screws just pushed up away from the floor. Luckily my husband is a cabinet guy. The closet door is so warped that the MFG tried to hide it by re-drilling the hinge screws out of line. Door fell off frame first trip. The shop re-hangs the door in attempt to help it work. Needs new door and then probably new door facing/hinge side. The license plate holder was installed right next to the shore power plug. And I mean nearly on top of it. The plate could not be installed. They had to install a second plate holder on the opposite side. Now we have an extra plate holder:) I'm not listing the minor issues and cosmetic issues that either we or the shop were able to repair or fix. And there were several, especially on the 2018. The dealer really excelled on getting the second one ready...except that annoying fridge that only worked on propane because the circuit board was fried and we didn't figure it out until the propane tank was empty:( Our dealer is really trying to fix the issues on this trailer, but they are so very numerous and most are not minor in nature. This trailer is just completely unacceptable in quality. I almost want to find out if it was built on a Monday, if you get me. The cosmetic flaws would be correctable but these have major systems failing straight off of the assembly line. Completely unacceptable for this price point. Highly do not recommend. Very dissatisfied.
- Kathy Allbright, Texas

2019-09-23 2019 Dutchmen Kodiak Ultra Lite 248BHSL View Listings

We have been very disappointed in our new trailer. We purchased in Feb. 2019 and in June 2019, our refrigerator went when we were on a 9 day camping vacation. We lived 7 days out of coolers and friends refrigerators. We have had to work on just about every drawer in the trailer. After we would arrive at each destination, a drawer would need worked on as it came completely off the tracking or screws would come out of the floor, as the screws were not long enough to hold.In Sept. during a brief rainstorm, an awning arm snapped in half. The table was not designed to actually sit at and eat. We had to have a custom table made.The door separating the living space from the bedroom won't stay on the track, we had to put stoppers in.
- Cindy, Pennsylvania

2019-09-21 2014 Dutchmen Denali 287RE View Listings

Purchased this great looking 2014 Denali 287re rv with nice floorplan in 2015. Year 1:problem with passenger side slideout. Ripped the fiberglass siding in back. Took almost 10 months for dealer to fix. Year 3: opened up trailer in spring and 75% of trailer was 100% soaked. Had to rip out entertainment section as it was water logged and the doors had mould. Had to remove all carpets and linoleum.Had repair shop fix a lot. Had to replace both motors on the same slideout. No plumbers putty under mouldings, a thin felt was all there was. Still have water infiltration on the same slideout. Can somebody show me the weatherstripping that is supposed to be on the top of the slideout. Mine doesn't touch the slideout and I believe it should. They had no insulation around any of the exterior signal lights. I would have liked to see these types of reviews before buying this money pit.
- Peter, Quebec

2019-09-20 2018 Dutchmen Rubicon 301XLT View Listings

I purchased this toy hauler to haul my rzr in, it weighs 1200 pounds. Garage Cargo capacity is 2000 pounds. It cannot handle the load. The engineering of this camper is a joke. It hard to tow with all the frame flex and undersize axles. I have had at the dealers 2 times over this issue. The dealer has been very helpful. Keystone/Dutchmen is giving me rough time about fixing or replacing it. I would not waist my money on any camper of there's again.
- Clarence D. Lovell, Indiana

2019-09-04 2018 Dutchmen Coleman Lantern 250TQ View Listings

I bought a 2018 Coleman Lantern 262 BH from Camping World in late 2017. I have had to have work done multiple times (water heater, hose connection fitting, toilet). The greatest issue by far is the leaking roof. I was told by a repair technician that the roof was installed incorrectly, and the metal strip under the roof membrane is actually slicing it from underneath. I now have two patches on the roof while waiting to see if they will warranty the work to correct the problem.
- Chris Scalisi, Louisiana

2019-09-03 2019 Dutchmen Aerolite 2843BH View Listings

2019 Aerolite: The awning came loose. Threre was only 1 upper bolt holding the awning on place. I saw an electrical harness inside the vertical aluminum stud. Called customer service requesting a schematic of the RV. There were existing pre-drilled holes that I could use to help secure the awning. Requested a schematic to prove that I could drill more holes so as to secure the awning without drilling through the electrical harness. She told me there was no schematic. I said everything has a floor plan or schematic. She hung up on me. Other problems: The LPG harness developed a bad leak. I had to replace the entire harness. Battery straps (minor problem) have to be replaced.
- Bruce Merrill, Utah

2019-09-01 2017 Dutchmen Denali 325RL View Listings

This pile of junk was a disaster from the word go. The dealer, General RV Tampa after the sale was useless. The board under the kitchen slide was split from end to end causing the slide not to go out all the way. You can’t tell me that wasn’t known at the factory. Kept it 6 weeks and traded for a Grand Design Reflection 315RLTS. Wonderful unit and much better customer service.
- Richard Parker , Florida

2019-08-22 2020 Dutchmen Kodiak 289BHSL View Listings

Very pleased with our Kodiak 289BHSL. Have not had any issues as of yet, and by looking at reviews it looks like many of the issues customers had were prior to the company partnering with Keystone RV. I can say I am a happy customer and an experienced RVer. With many past experiences with other manufacturers, our Kodiak has been the best in terms of quality. They are made by human hands and minor flaws are to be expected in RV's. We are understanding of that, and have had absolutely no issues. I think part of what people should look at is the dealer they purchase from. That can make all the difference in the world when you buy from a good manufacturer and dealership. We are very pleased.
- Mitchell Smith, Indiana

2019-08-21 2011 Dutchmen Komfort 3230RK View Listings

Over all TV is built extremely well and seems to be much more durable than the newer models. The complete TV is aluminum frame and structure so for the size it is much lighter than the wood makes. For a lasting rv I would for sure look at Dutchman again.
- Toby, South Carolina

2019-08-21 2017 Dutchmen Aerolite 2320BHSL View Listings

Overall great camper for us. We've had a few issues but Dutchmen has taken care of them each time. Only major problem we had was a bearing failure (less than 300 miles on the trailer). Even when Lippert denied the claim Dutchmen stepped up and replaced the axle under warranty even though it wasn't their component (fault). I have since replaced all bearings and seals with Timken bearings and use a high-quality grease instead of that crap from the Lippert factory. It tows easily and straight, no sway, looks good, and after a year of some good use, seems to be holding up well. Everything seems solid and well built. Don't see any reason it won't last many more years. We do keep it out of the weather when not in use. I wish they would use Dexter axles and self adjusting brakes. Also I wish there was an A.C. vent in the top bunk. It can get a little warm up there. But overall I am satisfied with the camper. As with any moving mechanical thing it does require constant maintenance/work/money. If you're not prepared to keep on top of the maintenance or pay someone to do it don't get a camper.
- Philip, North Carolina