Dutchmen

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Dutchmen RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Jim from Utah says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2017 Dutchmen Aspen Trail 2810BHS View Listings

Nice floor plan. Tall interior which is great. Seems to have trouble running the fridge and a/c at the same time. Fridge has to be manually unplugged (no switch to choose propane or electric) to force it to run on gas. Power source might not have been completely up to snuff when this happened but still seems like a really stupid design to have to remove panel and unplug to have the fridge run on gas if your plugged into power.
- Jim, Utah

2021-07-26 2012 Dutchmen Kodiak 242RESL View Listings

Was a lemon. Had trouble as soon as I drove it off the lot. Shower leaked, flooring came up. Drove on one trip and the CARDBOARD bottom came off and drug down the road. The electrical from slide out came loose and wrapped around tire another trip. Whole front in warped and cause the roof to leak which ruined the inside overhead cabinets (Still haven’t got that fixed). Taking it to the dealership was a joke - they did fix the electrical from slide out, but they would keep it for weeks and weeks, say it was fixed and never was. I quit trying after several trips - 3 hours away. I’m still making payments on it and can’t get rid of it due to leakage and warped front end. It was absolutely a piece of junk. Don’t buy one unless it’s a shelter for Goats.
- Karen, Virginia

2021-07-22 2018 Dutchmen Kodiak Ultimate 2711BS View Listings

If you ever come across the Kodiak ultimate model 2711 BS, turn the other direction and run like hell. This is got to be the poorest design worst slap together piece of garbage I've ever owned of a trailer. My sister found this trailer first and left it because of the storage she and Ford my wife of the storage and my wife fell in love with the storage as soon as you saw this trailer I have since disowned my sister. You can bet that whatever goes wrong with my sister's trailer will go wrong with my trailer. At least they have consistent crappy workmanship. We've had just about every piece of trim on this trailer come off. Just like my sister's trailer they had a couple of rollers come off and they put them on some new ones to novale the shower door and completely come off and now they store it on the bed. The exact same thing happened to us and now we still are shower doors on the bed and we're on vacation we went and bought just curtains shower curtains. My sister's kitchen sink sprayer had to be replaced My brother-in-law is a plumber and he had one hell of a time and such a tight spot now he only has one item that he liked about this trailer The automatic jacks. He had his kitchen table bed splendor apart and someone's sleeping on it and they were not fat or big or wait a lot so I did the repair that he did to make sure that did not happen to me. The drawers are coming constantly coming open and drink traveling Even though we make sure we shut them completely. Half the time they come out and they're stuck open and it takes a few minutes to get them back in. I can still see daylight out through my screen door when it shut and the top right corner and we hand that same problem with the door that you could literally see outside finally after three times in the shop we got it fixed but we still have that gap in the screen door so the mosquitoes and All the other pests can come and join us. My wife is complaining that it was cold on her side of the bed I told her that I could not feel the cold. We were up in Canada with a 1° weather and we had ice forming on the inside walls and the inside window on her side for the bed. A few days later I had my foot on the heat register and there was no heat coming out. It seems someone at the factory did not put in the bolts and a tank fell onto the ductwork there by cutting off the heat in our bedroom. What else. My sisters has had the wallpaper pill off the wall. Both of our bedroom doors the screws have come out of the ceiling that holds the framework. It's not screwed into anything in the ceiling because they put so many screws in there they were just hoping that it would hold.
- David Christensen, Colorado

2021-07-13 2015 Dutchmen Denali 2371RB View Listings

Livability, floor plan and towing are awesome. As far as workmanship and installation of equipment, millworks and appliances, I have never seen such poor quality. You look at it and things fall apart not to mention the dangerous electrical wiring inside the walls. The manufacturer is offering zero support and never followed thru with the initial estimate from the dealership where the unit was purchased. Long story short, we used this unit 5 times on long weekends and it's been in storage since fall of 2016.
- Normand H, Alberta

2021-07-11 2019 Dutchmen Kodiak Cub 176RD View Listings

This model is made for "off road" use. However, I'm not sure how that would work when driving highways through Wyoming and Montana have caused us to rethink our camping experience. We started finding random screws throughout the camper. Found out where they went went when the window treatments fell off. The heater has jostled so much that it has rubbed bare spots in the surrounding cabinet because it is not even the right size for the space it is in. We used a piece of rubber tubing to cover the metal edges but they have chewed through that. The stove top had 3 screws. All of which were barely caught on the wood that was supposed to be holding it in. The fridge will not stay cold, the door frame on it has broken and the insert will not stay in. The cover that fits over the sink (in an area that is expected to have water) got wet on the edge and has started to expand. The one little drawer in the kitchen has a pencil thin frame to hold it up. After this trip even with the drawer being strapped in, the metal slide broke from the drawer. (After our first use, we noticed the drawer in the kitchen would not stay closed because there was not a latch. Simple fix - installed strap to keep in closed.) Other screws have come from the speakers in the ceiling. We got home from our trip yesterday and have just finished unpacking. We found 6 more screws. Guess I will go and figure out where they have come from. Will be contacting dealership tomorrow.
- Dorothy Echols, Texas

2021-07-11 2019 Dutchmen Kodiak Ultimate 3211RLSL View Listings

Purchased new april 2021. First camping trip 7/7/21 to Paducah, KY where purchased waiting on help with service issues that was dealer mess ups on delivery. We have three slides and the main slide has just dropped a piece of trim. Also there is all kinds of insulation hanging below floor level under trailer, snaps to both pocket doors were are backyards and we ended up with damage to both doors by the time we drove nine hours home, valve for blackwater had no handle and it leaks and having issues with door closing without having to pull/push hard to catch and stay closed. At this point we are more frustrated with dealership will see if other issues arise. Haven't attempted to use warranty yet.
- Edward Gaulrapp, Illinois

2021-07-07 2014 Dutchmen Kodiak 300BHSL View Listings

Nothing but problems from day one. All o our first trip ...The one door would open while driving, even locked. The jacks were gone when we arrived at our first stop!! The slide out stopped working and manual option. The window leaked. Beautiful looking trailer but poor quality. Traded it in after just 2 years. Waste of money!
- Harry D, Ontario

2021-06-30 2016 Dutchmen Aspen Trail 2390RKS View Listings

Love the layout, color scheme is beautiful, was exactly what we were looking for. Unfortunately, the overall quality leaves a lot to be desired. Purchased new and have had nothing but expensive repairs since. Antenna fell apart after first use, shower taps leaked, base leaks from sides and underneath shower floor. Black water holding tank has never emptied without snaking, the gauge always shows ‘full’ even when empty. Gorgeous to look at, unfortunately it is very poorly made. Overall, we are sadly disappointed, should not have to sink such great expense into a new trailer.
- Kim, Ontario

2021-06-28 2020 Dutchmen Astoria 2943BH View Listings

Love the Floorplan and finishes with the exception of the cabinets. From day one they were falling off! Mounted with 1/2 inch screws?!!! Spending the say today replacing screws. Also fenders are cracking because of overtightening at the factory.
- Corrine Verna, Alaska

2021-06-24 2021 Dutchmen Aspen Trail 17BH View Listings

No FM radio antenna attached to the antenna on top of trailer so there is no connection. All the 12 volt wiring from the battery into camper, absolutely no insulation between the wiring and the metal frame work. Could be a fire Hazzard. No spare tire or tire bracket included. Scared of the bathroom shower walls being ruined because all the walls in the trailer are the same. Do not know if they are water resistant. The Dutchman Company said that is why we have three yr warranty. The remote for the fireplace does not work. They said they would send us one and we have not gotten anything.We are second guessing our purchase for the lack of quality we have seen so far but we are stuck with it. The day we brought it home from the dealership we called the company about our concerns and we were not pleased with their response or compassion.
- Don Unkefer, Ohio

2021-06-24 2021 Dutchmen Kodiak Cub 196BH View Listings

Bought brand new 2021 Dutchmen Kodiak Cub 196 BH in early June. Took on a 2 night trip that weekend. Everything ran fine that we used. Our first RV experience so we we took baby steps. Didn’t use the commode. Only the sinks and shower. Our front USB charger was inoperable, noticed the outside rubber trim began peeling from window. Also found a hole in seam between shower tub and shower wall. And significantly, cannot remove the spare tire. The lug nuts were bolted down into the lug wells so closely that you cannot even get a thin walled socket on them. All this was tolerable but then we had first significant rainfall. Went inside trailer and discovered water dripping from ceiling LED light onto front queen bed; soaking it. Threw a tarp over it and took it back to dealer next morning. They said would look into it but they are backed up. 3 days later I call and they haven’t even had chance to inspect it. Insane! There is also some trim falling away from door but I can fix. Wouldn’t even be upset about these few fixable things but the leaking roof, on a brand new unit? Unacceptable. Guess I’m gonna start that long painful raid of dealing with the factory and the dealership. Really lousy for first few weeks of very expensive hobby experiment.
- Alfred Ludwig, Tennessee

2021-06-06 2020 Dutchmen Atlas 3172RLKB View Listings

We bought a new atlas Dutchman 2021... Have used its twice and it’s the cheapest made camper I every owned ... water heater leaks, trim has popped out, awing is coming off track, toilet is lose , a/c sounds like a electric surge don’t turn off . Just to list a few things wrong with it I would never buy another one and would never recommend anyone to buy one thanks
- Mike King, Florida

2021-06-04 2019 Dutchmen Aerolite 2733RB View Listings

We bought our Aerolite brand new 6/2020. 2 days after we went on our first trip. Upon arrival we we noticed metal shavings on the floor near the slide out. 8/2020 flat tire. 9/20 - front LED lights not working. 10/2020 the InCommand system went out completely it had to be completely replaced, Display Commander
- Cheryl, Idaho

2021-05-31 2008 Dutchmen Express 31P View Listings

we have enjoyed camping with our family. We towed a boat in the summers. We also took this RV to sport tournaments to host team meals. It has been a part of many happy memories. The bed is very comfortable and the many different bed options are convenient for bringing friends along. Traveling in an RV is one of the most relaxing ways to travel. Having a bathroom always available was a huge plus.
- Gary Davenport, Washington

2021-05-27 2013 Dutchmen Denali 324LBS View Listings

We purchased this 5th wheel brand new. We have owned many many different brands of trailers, but we always go with quality, which is what I thought we were buying. Sadly this was not the case. Within 6 months the roof started leaking. After that it started with little things, trim falling off, drawer latches breaking, anything plastic on the outside started to break. Now in the last three years the big stuff starts to show up, windows all started to leak, found sections of the roof had rotted from water. The last item is the floor in the bedroom slide is rotten from water penetration. So far it has cost me over $5k in repairs and probably another $2k to fix the floor. For the record, I always inspect the trailer for potential problems, spring and fall, plus It’s washed and waxed every year. I will NEVER buy or recommend buying a Dutchmen product. EVER!
- Steven Price, Prince Edward Island

2021-05-27 2020 Dutchmen Aspen Trail 2340BHS View Listings

Looks nice from the outside, bot...Dutchmen/keystone is the lowest of the low. The overall build quality is extremely poor. Attention to detail is non existent. Customer service from both the manufacturer and the dealer in Boise is terrible. For a 2020 camper, I'm embarrassed to say that I've spent thousands of dollars to fix manufacturing defects and to make the camper reliable and usable. Most of the appliances and components are the cheapest on the market. Tank level sensors didn't work, black water tank flush valve was installed backwards. Fit and finish of interior is terrible. Don't dare measure anything with a tape measure, it will drive you crazy how off everything is. All the mattresses are paper thin and useless. Dinette cushion foam is useless. Anything factory attached to the walls pulls out after a few uses. Major water leak from around a/c unit due to all hardware being loose. Sealer on roof was cracked within one season. Vinyl flooring is barely attached to the subflooring and lifts up if you use a vacuum on it. Loose and leaking plumbing under both sinks. Drawers are falling apart. Water tanks were advertised as being insulated, they're not. Outside kitchen is useless, mini fridge runs on 115v only, sink doesn't have a drain of any kind. Overall very disappointing for what the sticker price is.
- Lance, Idaho

2021-05-25 2021 Dutchmen Coleman Lantern LT 202RD View Listings

On our way to Michigan we had gone just over 300 miles and we stopped for a day or two in Jacksonville at the beach. This is actually the third time we had gone camping in it. As I was sitting on the couch, the window above it exploded. Glass was everywhere inside and out. It appears that the hole is not the right size for the window they put in. And Coleman/Dutchman says they do not cover glass in their warranty. We bought this the end of January and now it is the end of May and we have a major Hole with no window in the camper over the couch.
- Denise Glynn, Florida

2021-05-17 2018 Dutchmen Kodiak Ultimate 2711BS View Listings

I LOVED all the storage available! I also liked the outside fridge, it was my husband's beer fridge. My husband and I lived in it full time. It was good toeing, but we couldn't go over 65mph or the camper would sway, even with the sway bar hitch.
- Rebecca Duvall, Oklahoma

2021-05-17 2017 Dutchmen Voltage Epic 4150 View Listings

We had a great time with this RV. Excellent versatility. Can do a lot of different things with the garage - great utility. Very comfortable to stay in warm or cold climates. Family really enjoyed this RV. They are very sad to see it go up for sale. Can sleep 8 comfortably (9) if you have (2) little ones that can sleep in the loft.
- Dave Stephenson, Pennsylvania

2021-05-10 2021 Dutchmen Coleman Lantern LT 17B View Listings

I had thought I wanted to purchase this RV, as a first time buyer. Then I saw the price gauging the dealerships started implementing. This unit was $9,995 two years ago, then it jumped $1K. Now it's $14,995 - $17,995? There haven't been improvements to warrant such a price hike. Reading various negative reviews, I may have been better off not getting one. I get there was a demand, but now the dealers have "burned" the market. I'll end up buying from someone who needs to get rid of theirs, or upgrading. RV dealers are worse than Used Car salesmen. Sorry Coleman, I'll def not be buying your product from the dealership.
- Joe Estrada, Oklahoma

2021-05-03 2018 Dutchmen Aspen Trail 1750RD View Listings

Can I finance this RV with $3000 down i am interested in seeing it.is it still available for me to see and can I do the finance online before I make the trip out there..you can contact me at 910-988-3017..thank you
- Henry Bruegging, North Carolina

2021-05-03 2020 Dutchmen Coleman 2955RL View Listings

Would not recommend buying a Coleman at all unless you like having never ending issues and having your trailer in the shop for the majority time you have it. We bought ours July 2020 and not even 3 months after having it have had things break. These things include the water heater line leaking in the wall leaking water out of the base boards into bedroom and hallway. The bathroom sink line leaking. Leaking propane lines. Oddly enough broken carbon monoxide alarm. Broken window latch. Dining room table light fell off. Water tanks fell out the bottom of trailer. We wanted a bedroom tv installed but the wall stud wasnt even where they labeled it to be. Pantry shelf broke from missing hardware. The list continues. Ill think of more stuff later. DO NOT GET COLEMAN. If you do get extended warranty.
- Serrima, Oregon

2021-04-28 2018 Dutchmen Coleman Light 1625RB View Listings

The final (Maybe) end of the nightmare Coleman/Camping World saga. Now that the 1625 RB is out of warranty, we hope to end the experience forever. Because of the pandemic, the demand for RV's is far greater than the supply. That means people are willing to buy anything they can find. We finally traded the Coleman nightmare in at a huge loss. It lasted 2 days on the new dealer's lot before someone bought it. I then contacted Camping World for my GAP insurance refund. 2 months later and multiple calls to the dealer, and still no check. Once again, CW is non existent for customer service. No one will take responsibility for the job of processing the refund. Same as Dutchman was for repairs. I hope the new owners are handy with tools, sealer, glue and staples. Farewell Coleman.
- Dennis R Gingras, Wisconsin

2021-04-21 2021 Dutchmen Coleman Lantern LT 202RD View Listings

This model is perfect for a couple or small family starting to explore all the great campgrounds and parks in USA. It is very balanced with features you need and none that you do not need. It is comfortable, useful, and small enough to fit where many others do not. Connected to a small generator gave us A/C in a FL Swamp for 9 hours of uninterrupted sleep. We have towed this trailer successfully and without issue for over 3000 miles. Mountains, beaches, rivers, and cities were all easily accessible with its size and comfort. This is perfect for a no nonsense traveler. My wife lover luxury, and with good logistical planning she ate and slept like a queen. I was the tired smiling king.
- Rick S Ortiz, Florida

2021-04-13 2017 Dutchmen Kodiak Ultimate 291RESL View Listings

We had to have a new floor put in under warranty work. It went to Goshen, when we got it back it had several things wrong with it. First the tire rack and cover were missing, there was a dent in the ceiling, the linoleum has a tear in it,part of the decal was ripped, the body had a dent in it,then we found a gap between the wall and the floor you can see daylight through, the wires to the solar plug was cut. We contacted Dutchmen about the gap and the solution they gave to the dealer was to fill it with caulk and flooring tape. This is not an acceptable solution. What will keep animals from eating through this or the body pulling even farther away from the frame. We did buy this camper new in 2019 and when not in use it is stored under a carport.I would not recommend buying anything from this company based on this experience. Dutchman did not put my camper back together correctly and I expect them to fix it correctly.
- Pam Jackman, Indiana