Dutchmen Reviews on RV Insider (305)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Dutchmen RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Jim from Utah says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2017 Dutchmen Aspen Trail 2810BHS View Listings

Nice floor plan. Tall interior which is great. Seems to have trouble running the fridge and a/c at the same time. Fridge has to be manually unplugged (no switch to choose propane or electric) to force it to run on gas. Power source might not have been completely up to snuff when this happened but still seems like a really stupid design to have to remove panel and unplug to have the fridge run on gas if your plugged into power.
- Jim, Utah

2021-05-17 2018 Dutchmen Kodiak Ultimate 2711BS View Listings

I LOVED all the storage available! I also liked the outside fridge, it was my husband's beer fridge. My husband and I lived in it full time. It was good toeing, but we couldn't go over 65mph or the camper would sway, even with the sway bar hitch.
- Rebecca Duvall, Oklahoma

2021-05-10 2021 Dutchmen Coleman Lantern LT 17B View Listings

I had thought I wanted to purchase this RV, as a first time buyer. Then I saw the price gauging the dealerships started implementing. This unit was $9,995 two years ago, then it jumped $1K. Now it's $14,995 - $17,995? There haven't been improvements to warrant such a price hike. Reading various negative reviews, I may have been better off not getting one. I get there was a demand, but now the dealers have "burned" the market. I'll end up buying from someone who needs to get rid of theirs, or upgrading. RV dealers are worse than Used Car salesmen. Sorry Coleman, I'll def not be buying your product from the dealership.
- Joe Estrada, Oklahoma

2021-05-03 2018 Dutchmen Aspen Trail 1750RD View Listings

Can I finance this RV with $3000 down i am interested in seeing it.is it still available for me to see and can I do the finance online before I make the trip out there..you can contact me at 910-988-3017..thank you
- Henry Bruegging, North Carolina

2021-05-03 2020 Dutchmen Coleman 2955RL View Listings

Would not recommend buying a Coleman at all unless you like having never ending issues and having your trailer in the shop for the majority time you have it. We bought ours July 2020 and not even 3 months after having it have had things break. These things include the water heater line leaking in the wall leaking water out of the base boards into bedroom and hallway. The bathroom sink line leaking. Leaking propane lines. Oddly enough broken carbon monoxide alarm. Broken window latch. Dining room table light fell off. Water tanks fell out the bottom of trailer. We wanted a bedroom tv installed but the wall stud wasnt even where they labeled it to be. Pantry shelf broke from missing hardware. The list continues. Ill think of more stuff later. DO NOT GET COLEMAN. If you do get extended warranty.
- Serrima, Oregon

2021-04-28 2018 Dutchmen Coleman Light 1625RB View Listings

The final (Maybe) end of the nightmare Coleman/Camping World saga. Now that the 1625 RB is out of warranty, we hope to end the experience forever. Because of the pandemic, the demand for RV's is far greater than the supply. That means people are willing to buy anything they can find. We finally traded the Coleman nightmare in at a huge loss. It lasted 2 days on the new dealer's lot before someone bought it. I then contacted Camping World for my GAP insurance refund. 2 months later and multiple calls to the dealer, and still no check. Once again, CW is non existent for customer service. No one will take responsibility for the job of processing the refund. Same as Dutchman was for repairs. I hope the new owners are handy with tools, sealer, glue and staples. Farewell Coleman.
- Dennis R Gingras, Wisconsin

2021-04-21 2021 Dutchmen Coleman Lantern LT 202RD View Listings

This model is perfect for a couple or small family starting to explore all the great campgrounds and parks in USA. It is very balanced with features you need and none that you do not need. It is comfortable, useful, and small enough to fit where many others do not. Connected to a small generator gave us A/C in a FL Swamp for 9 hours of uninterrupted sleep. We have towed this trailer successfully and without issue for over 3000 miles. Mountains, beaches, rivers, and cities were all easily accessible with its size and comfort. This is perfect for a no nonsense traveler. My wife lover luxury, and with good logistical planning she ate and slept like a queen. I was the tired smiling king.
- Rick S Ortiz, Florida

2021-04-13 2017 Dutchmen Kodiak Ultimate 291RESL View Listings

We had to have a new floor put in under warranty work. It went to Goshen, when we got it back it had several things wrong with it. First the tire rack and cover were missing, there was a dent in the ceiling, the linoleum has a tear in it,part of the decal was ripped, the body had a dent in it,then we found a gap between the wall and the floor you can see daylight through, the wires to the solar plug was cut. We contacted Dutchmen about the gap and the solution they gave to the dealer was to fill it with caulk and flooring tape. This is not an acceptable solution. What will keep animals from eating through this or the body pulling even farther away from the frame. We did buy this camper new in 2019 and when not in use it is stored under a carport.I would not recommend buying anything from this company based on this experience. Dutchman did not put my camper back together correctly and I expect them to fix it correctly.
- Pam Jackman, Indiana

2021-04-05 2019 Dutchmen Voltage Triton 3531 View Listings

My experience has not been good. In the first couple of days the heater quit, and since the dealer where I bought the trailer was over 300 miles away I called Keystone and they said I could have my local RV repair shop fix it, they found oil in the gas pipe that did not get removed after the pipe threading process. When I sent the bill to Keystone they said they would not reimburse me because the pipe could not have oil in the pipe because the heater uses propane gas. After several phone calls Keystone finally reimbursed me the $122.00. The hot water board failed, and one of the fresh water tanks started to leak. Keystone said I could get warranty repair at any Keystone dealer, but I tried several dealers and they told me to take it back to where I bought it. I did finally did find someone 100 miles away to fix it, but it took a week until Keystone decided to send a new fresh water tank. the tank was installed, and the control board for the hot water tank. Thinking I was good to go I hauled my trailer home(100 miles) and parked my trailer. First thing in the morning I went out to unhook the truck from the trailer I found that the fresh water tank was leaking, so another 1oo miles back to the repair shop to drop the trailer off. The next day the repair shop called and said vent port was not welded in good and they offered to weld it which I agreed to so I could get my trailer done. The repair was completed, and back home. With 400 miles on my truck and trailer, and about 300 dollars in fuel we could go camping again. All good now right? Maybe not. When we would get in the shower and shut the water off at the shower head and soap up, and turn the valve back on the water was scalding hot. Given my experience of dealing with Keystone trying to get warranty I decided to fix it myself which I did by installing a check valve in the cold water line to the shower control valve. Now in Feb.21 the second fresh water tank developed a leak, so again I decide to fix it while we were on a trip. I took the leaking tank out and found the drain port had not been welded well to the tank, so I took it to a repair shop in Arizona where they said they could weld it. It took them 5 days to get to it, and when I picked it up I told them It did not look good. They said they checked it and it was good so I put it in and it leaked, I called to tell them and they said just bring it back and they weld it again but I said forget it. I am currently working with a dealer to buy a new fresh water tank from Keystone,(not on warranty since I tried to have it welded). Also I found stress cracks on the gusset plates on the frame which I repaired myself. And finally, after trying to get warranty (like pulling teeth), I decided to try to get a refund on the extended warranty I purchased for $3000 dollars, I am still working on that. So beware, when you buy a new trailer it may not be all that you hoped for. Hope you have better luck than I did, and if you can find a used trailer that someone else fixed all the problems, you might be better off.
- terry, California

2021-03-23 2020 Dutchmen Coleman 17FQ View Listings

At a dry weight of 3740 lbs, its light enough to pull with my 4 cylinder Nissan pickup truck with clothes, food and personals on board. Yet durable and sturdy. Very livable and enjoyable, fits right in with the big boys. Really enjoyed traveling in this unit.
- Michael Sullivan, Virginia

2021-03-21 2021 Dutchmen Coleman Light 2455BH View Listings

Former Holiday Rambler owner...I purchased a new Coleman travel trailer. Got it home and started with closer inspection. For the price point, you get allot of trailer BUT look's like Quality Control of the manufacturing process is non-existent. I am a mechanic and have extensive knowledge on RV maintenance... If you are not willing to fix your brand new RV when you get it home, don't spend your hard earned money on a Coleman. Items that needed repair: Screen door latch, Screen on door, bottom skirt on outside of trailer, unfinished interior wood, Refrigerator gas line hanging, not in it's holder, many fasteners missed their mark.. self tapping screws sticking out everywhere, hardware holding outdoor kitchen cook top fell out, wardrobe compartment in bedroom won't open all the way due to design error, front leveling jacks wouldn't extend.. right foot on jack didn't stow properly when retracted, wood under sink protecting plumbing VERY SHARP OUCH! Trim never installed, Kitchen bottom drawer hits heater intake frame, and the list goes on. Bottom line, the trailer i now owe money on is, (in my eyes) an unfinished product. You can certainly tell that the people putting these together are either being rushed or just don't care about quality and pride in a finished product. If you are not handy with tools and basic knowledge of RV's DON'T BUY THIS PRODUCT!!
- Dan, Arizona

2021-03-11 2017 Dutchmen Voltage 3005V View Listings

Not complete from factory, every thing is fixed and/or improved. Lots of top quality stuff on board a real mix of craftsmanship. Great luxury Toy Hauler. Easy to maintain and operate. We found none better in the market place.
- Mike Bennett, California

2021-03-05 2020 Dutchmen Coleman 17FQ View Listings

Light weight, tows easy. Great cooling and heating. Everything inside and outside are easily accessable. Appliances work well and are ery effecient. Very livable for 2 or 3 full timing or for a crew for weekend camping,
- Michael Sullivan, Virginia

2021-03-04 2018 Dutchmen Coleman Light 1625RB View Listings

I have already covered the awful experience with Buying an RV from Camping World in a previous review. This is about the RV and the company behind it. First let me warn you that if you buy a brand that is made just for Camping World by a manufacturer, you had better plan on long term ownership. None of the dealers where I went to to trade it in wanted to touch a CW exclusive product. These RV's are made with scaled down interior and build quality to meet a price/profit margin for the dealer. Second, when things started to go wrong on the first camping trip, the manufacturer (Dutchman) was non existent for customer service. Everything is held together with tiny staples and tape. Walls bowing, moldings falling off, seam tape peeling off, outside decals peeling, caulking pulling loose, etc. Third, the design of things is not thought out. Dump valve is under the slide so you have to crawl on the ground to get at it when the slide is open if you are in a sewer hook up site. The tongue is too short, not leaving enough room to mount your equalizer hitch brackets. Manual tongue jack was not strong enough and bent. Dealer said side wind jacks aren't rated for lifting the RV and the back of the tow vehicle (when removing weight distribution bars) so they replaced it with a top wind jack. Trouble is, the propane tanks are too close to the jack so when you need to use it, you have to remove the tank cover so there is room to turn the jack handle. Might as well leave the cover off, because it won't go on all the way with the hitch brackets in the way. Finally, Dutchman/Keystone doesn't care who sells there product. There are so many product problems with this brand that a dealer who cares would not want to sell them for fear of getting a bad reputation. Take your time and spend an hour by yourselves without a dealership employee to check every single thing in and out on the unit BEFORE you sign the contract. Make a list of every loose, broken or not working item and tell them you won't sign until they are properly fixed. If they say they will take care of them on your first service visit, walk away. Mine spent over 8 months in the shop in the first 2 seasons waiting for Dutchman to authorize repairs and then send parts.
- Dennis Gingras, Wisconsin

2021-03-01 2021 Dutchmen Aspen Trail 3250THS View Listings

I love the trailer and its the perfect size for my needs. I will give you my top 5 likes and dislikes. LIKES 1) 12 volt fridge, I never turn it off and it is always stocked with food and ready for the next adventure. 2) The electric fire place/heater works amazing is relaxing to watch as your winding down for the night. 3) The trailer tows very well. 4) The electric tongue jack and electric stabilizers are very handy especially with my back and knee problems. 5) I love the large pass through storage at the front of the trailer. DISLIKES 1) The mattress is hard as a rock and junk. 2) The black tank flush is on the right side of the trailer and needs to be on the left so that it is accessible when dumping the tanks. 3) The outdoor shower needs to be on the left side of the trailer, that way when it is used it doesn't create a big puddle of water right be the rear entry door. 4) The table that goes between the 2 couches in the garage portion of the trailer was missing, the tool to lower the under-mount spare tire was missing and half of the hardware that is used to secure the couches in the upright position was missing and never installed. My dealership took care of these issues but it is a quality control issue from the factory. 5) Sorry don't have a fifth one.
- Garrett Linger, Oklahoma

2021-02-24 2001 Dutchmen Sport 19T View Listings

I'm selling my 2001 dutchmen camper looking to up size for me and my family. It has one little hole in floor by closet. I have repatched the roof has no leaks. It has one slide out. I have taken out the pop out couch and replaced it with a love seat.
- Christopher, Texas

2021-02-10 2020 Dutchmen Aspen Trail 2810BHS View Listings

Do not recommend purchasing these trailers. We bought a brand new 2020 Which included the one year warranty plus the best extended warranty the dealer offered. Our trailer has been in the shop more then it has been camped in. It has had Several issues including the studs in the walls not being in the right place and the wall panels falling off. The sensors for the grey and black tank both being installed into the black tank, both sinks leaking, awning leaking, black water flush out installed backwards most of all the steps coming apart from the frame at the weld. The dealership Service department submitted to have this fixed under warranty as you can tell it was not welded correctly. Keystone refuses to fix the issue saying it had impact damage (it did not) or that its weight limits has been exceeded. Instead of fixing an issue With their product being faulty. Do not waste your money on any keystone product. They don’t care about customers who spend thousands of dollars on their products
- Chrystle Fuentes, Idaho

2021-02-10 2017 Dutchmen Aspen Trail 3010BHDS View Listings

My son lived in this RV for a few years, with his daughter visiting. They loved it. It is very livable, roomy, and allows for separate space still in the same home. The bathroom is a good size even for a larger adult.
- Irene Morgan, Arizona

2021-02-04 2020 Dutchmen Voltage V4185 View Listings

For the price of the unit very poor workmanship. Convection oven smell like it’s going to catch fire every time it’s used. The furnace short cycled , no heat going to garage, propane tank hold downs don’t work. The oven won’t stay lit it keeps going out when you try to bake anything. Trim was coming off The fans in the back of refrigerator broke and were laying in the bottom of the unit. The wiring is a nightmare huge holes to put a few wires through. Had to replace a valve under the sink. On top of all that our dealership parts dept and repair shop suck.
- Keith A Jenkins, Florida

2021-02-01 2020 Dutchmen Kodiak Lite 201QB View Listings

We bought this at the Seattle RV show in 2020. We liked the floor plan and storage. Upon getting the trailer home and working on it I started to discover the total lack of pride of workmanship. The drawers next to door would not stay closed and the faces were damaged when they hit the steps. The drawer under the frig was not properly installed and the slide rails pulled loose from the cabinet framing and it would not stay closed. The bath fan fell apart on the way home. Handles on the closets pulled loose due to thread stripping in the handles. Holes for outlets were made with a hammer rather than a saw; holes were just ragged openings. When looking behind the drawers and power panel the wiring was just thrown in, no attempt to organize or put in wire bundles. No access to the by-pass valves for the water heater resulting in not being able to winterize the trailer without wasting gallons of antifreeze. TV, Panasonic 42 inch, was a home unit, not one designed to be in a trailer. The Furrion radio face was just blank, could not see what was on it. No manual with the trailer except for a generic one that applied to all Keystone/Dutchmen trailer; there were manufacturer manuals for specific items such as the microwave but not one for this model of trailer. When I asked specific questions of Dutchmen Support they could not answer them and just referred me to the dealer; as an example one question I asked concerned a switch on one panel that was labeled "Electric". Only after asking the question on the Dutchmen forum could I get an answer; customer support is a joke. It has taken over two months to get parts under warranty so the trailer has just been sitting there waiting. Our previous trailers, Forrest River, were much better made and their support was excellent.
- Ken Larson, Washington

2021-01-20 2020 Dutchmen Kodiak 289BHSL View Listings

Love this Travel Trailer! Great layout, not too heavy or big to tow. Our Kids love this trailer. Lighting is good, USB outlets helpful. Bath in a good size and lots of storage options. Would buy again.
- ppetro, California

2021-01-12 2019 Dutchmen Coleman 285BH View Listings

Worst camper Iv ever purchased in my life!! Extremely poorly build the slide has space between the slide wall and the base wall so it leaks when it rain and cause mold under the couch!! I said in mine a day!! And the outdoor Awning broke off and messed the roof up with it! And Coleman absolutely nothing about it and said it was my fault which it was not there was no wind at all that day and the awning was only out 30minutes before it broke!! The outdoor storage space door you have to punch to get them to shut all the way and even then they still leak so I do not recommend this at all!!!! 30 grand down the train. It including interest TOTAL PIECE OF CRAP!!!!!!! DO NOT BUY
- Jessica Wolanski, Alabama

2021-01-07 2010 Dutchmen Grand Junction 355RL View Listings

Selling yachts and RVs leave RV sellers 2nd in line to any effort put toward selling their RV. Your salesperson would rather be on “the high seas”! Avoid any salesman with Capt. in their communications. After 2 years with Pop, I finally showed and sold my RV myself, but Pop was on the phone asking for their money before the sun went down. Not a good experience.
- William, Florida

2021-01-05 2005 Dutchmen Express 23A View Listings

We love our RV! The floor plan is great. I appreciate the three separate sleeping areas and that we have everything we need in 24ish feet. The storage is decent for a small space. I have been happy with our purchase. We bought it second hand, so I don’t know about warranties.
- Kat, Florida

2021-01-03 2018 Dutchmen Voltage Triton 3561 View Listings

Bought the trailer new the heater didn't work after pulling ing 100 miles to my deer lease. The dealership Explorer FT.Worth said the wiggle and giggle of the road sometime throws things out of wack.? Not supposed to move? Why the wheels? Said it was fixed sent it back. Never worked correctly so I took it back again. They couldn't find an issue. Hauled it to Yellowstone. No heat at 22 deg. Took it back they blamed 3000 mi and the propane from up north? again it has wheels. Propane is propane. Repaired myself, repairing a loose wire in control box. Landing gear won't lift trailer. Took it over twice for them to not find an issue both times. Today I had to lift it manually with a truck jack as I extended the legs.For the third time. Drawers falling apart had to repair personally. Top bunk in garage wouldn't work gear box rod came out. Then I had to adjust cause the pins would not go in. Now he latest the awning that has only been out twice is falling off. I was told we use the trailer too much.? Again it has axles, wheels, tires. I assume its to be used. 20,000 miles over 2 years is not that much. POS?
- Joe Eades, Texas