Dutchmen Reviews on RV Insider (225)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Dutchmen RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Jim from Utah says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2017 Dutchmen Aspen Trail 2810BHS View Listings

Nice floor plan. Tall interior which is great. Seems to have trouble running the fridge and a/c at the same time. Fridge has to be manually unplugged (no switch to choose propane or electric) to force it to run on gas. Power source might not have been completely up to snuff when this happened but still seems like a really stupid design to have to remove panel and unplug to have the fridge run on gas if your plugged into power.
- Jim, Utah

2020-03-10 2017 Dutchmen Aspen Trail 2750 BHS View Listings

Lots of space, storage. Great for kids with extra sleeping areas. Sturdy well made. Extra large slide out. Outdoor lights and awning makes sitting out side a delightful experience. Great for making unforgettable memories!
- Joyce, South Dakota

2020-03-06 2012 Dutchmen Komfort 3050QB View Listings

This has been an excellent trailer, tows well, plenty of livable space, great for the kids with the bunkhouse (4 bunk beds in the front!), easy to back up! All systems have worked well.... heating, A/C, hot water, good capacity in the water, gray water and black water tanks! Tows better than a 5th wheel!
- Tom Dugan, Colorado

2020-03-03 2018 Dutchmen Endurance 3456 View Listings

We liked the floor plan it was the design we were looking for. Got it home and the fridge wouldn't work. We spent $1600 on a new one. Something wasn't sealed right in the hole where the fidge goes, so we had water damage. Six months later the awning ripped off, no wind or rain, just fell right off. Fought with camping world for 2 months to get it covered under warranty. The slide out switch would bring the slide in but not out. Now the switches for the front and back jack won't work. We have had really bad luck with our purchase. They definitely are cheaper for a reason. I do like the flooring, no dings or dents. I like that it has the bigger windows also.
- Britney Corder, Montana

2020-02-21 2019 Dutchmen Coleman Lantern 286RK View Listings

Hate this RV. It's so cheaply made. The wall panels don't come together in a couple of places and there ate little staples sticking out all over the place. The kitchen exhaust fan broke almost immediately. The "bed" is awful. It had a sink hole in the middle after sleeping on it for 1 week and I do not weigh that much. And now the foam is compressed and hard as a rock. It does have plenty of storage but that's about the only good thing I can say. Shower is TINY. The seams in the ceiling are not right. There's space between the seams and ceilings. Can't keep it level. Leans very bad toward the side of the slideout. Leans so much that sometimes I actually lose my balance and that's after I started using support jacks under the slideout. Worst thing I ever bought in my life. Very disappointed since I believed greatly in the Coleman name.
- Rai ONeal, Texas

2020-02-18 2019 Dutchmen Coleman Lantern 262BH View Listings

We have had our 2019 coleman lantern 262bh for a year and it has been one problem after another. The first day hauling the driver side taillight flew off going down the road. The propane keeps faulting half way through out bottles so no cooking on the stove no running the heater in the winter and no hot showers. The first week the floors warped and the bottom screw on the door locked snapped off inside the door. We have already replaced the furnace igniter. There is a bad leak above the queen size bed that has ruined my brand new $300 mattress. Of course you cant get any repairs done unless you drag it to a dealer and you cant do that when you are living 100s of miles from the nearest place working 6 days a week on the pipeline. This camper is one problem after another run far far away from the Coleman name!
- Kelli Spillane , New Mexico

2020-02-14 2018 Dutchmen Voltage Triton 3561 View Listings

2018 Dutchmen/Keystone Voltage Triton 3561 Toy Hauler. Overall like the trailer. What I don't like is that the ramp broke while loading my 2019 Can Am X3 Two Seater. The ramp is rated at 3000# based on what the manufacturer told me. I had to get a certified weight for the Can Am in my discussions with the manufacturer. It came in at 1780 #. We bought the trailer from La Mesa RV. When I brought it to their attention La Mesa said it was a manufacturer issue and washed their hands of it. NOT GOOD! In contacting the manufacturer, which is now KEYSTONE, they told me to get a certified weight of the Can Am which I did. They have delayed, delayed and delayed. They have done NOTHING. A ramp built to 3000# and cracks at less than 1500# is a manufacturers DEFECT and should be covered. Both La Mesa RV and Keystone do not back their products and I STRONGLY suggest all BUYERS stay away from doing business with them. I have turned it over to my insurance company. Please tell all of your camping friends, do NOT recommend Keystone RVs nor La Mesa RV.
- Larry E., California

2020-02-10 2014 Dutchmen Kodiak 298RLSL View Listings

I love this pretty and functional RV. Spacious, comfortable, and functional. Easy to tow, easy to relax in. Two new a/c units make it super comfortable in the hot days of summer, and propane heat makes it cozy in the fall and winter. Spacious refrigerator and freezer, functional stove and oven. Lots of elbow room in bathroom and private bedroom. Tons of cabinet space and storage areas. Perfect for a couple, but can sleep 6 with the large pull out sofa and dinette that converts into a sleeper. Entertainment center has comfy dual recliners. Well maintained and kept super clean!
- Mary C-S, North Carolina

2020-02-10 2016 Dutchmen Kodiak 223RBSL View Listings

This is a sweet RV for 2 travelers. Easy to manage and light to tow. We camped across the USA with many a wonderful evening by the campfire and many a wonderous day in the National Parks of the USA.
- Stu, Connecticut

2020-02-08 2019 Dutchmen Aspen Trail 1900RBWE View Listings

We bought a 2019 Dutchmen Aspen Trail new in late 2018. We have enjoyed camping in it but are really disappointed with the lack of customer service from the dealer and especially from Dutchmen. We had a problem with mice getting into the camper and when I crawled underneath to look, I found several places where the coreplast was not placed properly which left big gaps for mice to get in (and possibly cold air). We contacted Dutchmen and sent them pictures but they just tell us that it is out of warranty. So much for their website claim of “Every RV. Every nook and cranny. Every single time.” They also claim to do a PDI; “100% Pre-Delivery Inspection” but we don't see how that possibly could have happened in this case. Also, the jacks were rusty from Day 1. I wanted to give a 'zero' for the Factory Warranty/Support category but it wouldn't let me.
- Bill Tuscher, Pennsylvania

2020-02-08 2016 Dutchmen Voltage V-Series V3005 View Listings

- Duck Killer, Request information on your "added garage storage". My buddy has a 3200 Epic with the DoveTail UnderCarriage Storage. My 3005 does not. I reached out to the Manufacturer twice with no satisfaction. Definitely need to add storage for tie-downs, lubes, etc.. Thanks!
- Mark, Pennsylvania

2020-02-04 2006 Dutchmen Grand Junction 32TCG View Listings

Probably one of the best made Or the best one for the money Only made 2005-2011 they were ahead of there time then And compete with anything out There now if well maintained I bought mine used and owned For 5yrs - been cross country And around southern states will only sell to go to toy hauler I don’t know how to rate or have info on service but if they all was made as good as mine Probably didn’t need any service
- Ken M, Tennessee

2020-01-22 2020 Dutchmen Kodiak Cub 198BH View Listings

Bought a new 2020 Kodiak Cub last summer to upgrade from a Jayco 17.5 hybrid. Will never own a hybrid or popup again. The first weekend, we blew a thermistor on the water heater and I wasn't a happy camper. But our dealer rushed us in for service, fixed the problem and had us back out the door within 72 hours. Happy camper again. After four more trips in the Cub we finished out the summer with no further issues whatsoever. It is outfitted with quality components, comfortable features and excellent fit/finish. Tanks are larger than I expected, including two propane tanks. Heat warms well and A/C cools great as the seasons change. The underside is sealed and heated for colder weather if you need it. I would recommend one to anybody looking in this size range.
- Doug Mosley, Pennsylvania

2020-01-20 2020 Dutchmen Guide 2457RK View Listings

We purchased the RV while in Wisconsin this summer. We liked the folks at the Wausau Gander Mt. and really like the floor plan and weight of the trailer. We also felt the price was right. The person in charge with financing didn't do us well; an extra large fee that wasn't included or discussed and since we paid cash, that was upsetting. Our tech, Les, did an excellent job and while the walk around was quick, I felt I had the gist of the trailer...but chose to stay in town for a couple of days in case we had questions. We had to replace the converter over Christmas and this was not good or easy; the battery half of the trailer runs lights, jacks, etc...and we wound up in Charleston, SC and called the Camping World, was told that there were no appt's, twice, even asked if I could run the trailer by to diagnose what I knew was the issue...told no. I was given the name of a local RV person who came to the campground and in 5 minutes agreed that the converter was bad. Ordered the part and two days later replaced the part. I contacted Keystone and worked with Mallory in the customer dept. There was some hesitation about paying the bill...apparently you must go to a dealer for repairs. Obviously this wasn't a possibility and I tried. With a little negotiation, Keystone did pay the bill (the check is on its way)...but hoping that in the future more consideration will be given to an attempt to go to dealer (that is all one can try to do). As for the trailer; let's be clear...this unit is on the lower end of the pricing and yes, you do pay for what you get. We have found little things (thus far) like staples popping loose, etc...but knew going in I would have to upgrade some of these things. Over all we have spent about 20 nights in the unit and we do love the floorplan. It trailers nicely and the auto jacks are very nice for quickly getting on the road. My only hesitation thus far is what happens in the next few months if another issue arises under warranty...after that, guess we are on our own anyway. Overall...for the price, this is a unit that we really like...but you probably should be handy with tools and keep a bag of tools readily available. As for the dealer, Gander RV, located in central Wisconsin; we liked the folks there and would ask that any fees be discussed up front and not tagged on at the end as a "by the way" type situation. Maybe this is the norm in other places. I have waited a few months to review and mostly did so because I couldn't find another review anywhere for this exact breed of trailer (guide series).
- Jeff Carmichael, Indiana

2020-01-14 2020 Dutchmen Kodiak Cub 177RB View Listings

The layout, length and water capacities were what encouraged me to buy. Only camped one night so far. The box seems tight. Wished that dual axles were an option. The kitchen and bath cabinets seem sound, but I needed to add some shelving. Dînette is pretty flimsy and required additional bracing. I’d like to add one of those pressure tanks, but the pump is almost inaccessible. Needs to have 12v outlet for the TV. No appliance manuals provided, so am downloading online. Overall workmanship good for a TT, but some glaring exceptions like the dinette/sleeper. We went into this purchase as experienced RVers and selected the 177RB for specific configuration reasons. It’s a little better quality than our last 2 TTs and our last one made it to Alaska and back fully intact. Good thing though that I’m pretty handy as it needs some modifications to make it more livable. ktt
- Ken, Idaho

2020-01-13 2019 Dutchmen Voltage 3605 View Listings

Great Toy Hauler / 5th wheel! Lot's of space; huge garage; and plenty of room to sleep 8+. If you want to live & travel on the nice side of life, this is the vehicle for you. Plenty of space for a 4 seater side by side too.
- Blake, California

2020-01-10 2015 Dutchmen Infinity 3810FL View Listings

Just bought 2nd camper Would not buy anywhere else Awesome employees TOOT MY HORN FOR MISS BRENDA She has had to tolerate my husband he loves to pick We have always been treated like royalty We good way back My husband went back to pick up an item he needed for our camper A large truck hauling paving hit my husband and Ms Brenda was there for us You got to love an employee that goes way beyond their job to help out someone on a wreck She has had us look at the same camper and here we really want it and she was always patient with us A couple of months would go by and who shows up to see Ms Brenda yep US AGAIN but she was always excited to see us like we had never been there But we did it I'm sitting in the Camper right now We are so HAPPY THANKS MS BRENDA YOU MADE IT SO EASY AND NIT PAINFUL TO BUY OUR NEW HOME THANKS THIS IS AN AWESOME EMPLOYEE GOES WAY OUT OF THE WAY TO HELP US TOOT YOUR HORN MS BRENDA.
- Kathy James, Mississippi

2020-01-09 2020 Dutchmen Kodiak 332BHLS View Listings

Every square inch of this thing is bill short of correct the trim is all a corner and short nothing is snug the tiny walls that divide kitchen from living area and storage underneath bed or a plum the doors do not shut well because they were set over the weather stripping it seeps the smell of propane and sewage through the house and the tanks black and Gray are poorly designed constantly retaining excess liquid and not draining correctly, insulation is barely 4 seasons drafty. Construction is cheap pla material peeling and easily Damaged. Electrical power doesn't have backing behind it causing it to pull out toilets are flimsy hard and difficult to keep clean. The lights are wired into the battery and not easily enter changeable or replaceable leaving no alternative other than the harsh white light that comes with purchase. Access panels are cheaply made cut 316th skim board drilled into the wood Do not buy anything from this company of crooks and thieves
- Michael kent, Oklahoma

2020-01-08 2018 Dutchmen Endurance 3456 View Listings

This was our first time buying a RV/Travel trailer honestly after experiencing what we have we can truly say we should had looked around first definitely Looked at better brands and studied reviews on them before ever deciding on this Rv our experience was okay at first we were impressed thought it looked very nice especially for our first RV but the longer we had it this RV turned into a nightmare within a month we started noticing a water leak in the bedroom if it rained from a storm water would start coming inside leaking from the cabinets above the bed after looking more closely there was obvious water damage to the cabinets that we had failed to see when we purchased it then water from the shower leaked underneath inside of the storage compartment and soaked everything due to poorly put together plumbing then we had a leak in the kitchen that kept the floor soaked in front of the door We finally discovered that was coming from the hot water heater line under the fridge again from poorly done plumbing another Problem we noticed was the A/C units started leaking and draining inside on top of the bed in the bedroom and also the unit in the kitchen/living room space leaks and drips down in the center of the floor then our kitchen fridge stopped working due to some kind of Wiring going bad we figured that out from reviews of other customers experiencing the same problem and for the over all appearance it looked really nice to us at first but the trim over the entire trailer started popping off and also areas like above our slide out the dark wood frame around it started pilling up from the wood like tap pealing off of it leaving plywood showing our propane furnace heater worked for the first couple of months now it doesn’t work you click the thermostat on heat it blows cold air and the furnace won’t kick on the front landing gear that lifts the Trailer up and down started to only work sometimes it would go out and in then it stopped completely and we had to do it by hand cranking it down and up till we figured out that It was the switch that was no good and finally the latest problem is our under belly insulation was filling with water from the plumbing off the kitchen waste tank being loose and barley attached so over all this entire trailer was built half ass at the least to say and I say that bc things like the bunks in the back only had half the bolts in them and trim not nailed down like it should be then a lot of poorly put together plumbing and the roof done poorly not attached like it should be for this to be a 2018 model bought new from a dealership they took us to the cleaners we paid right at $60,000 dollars for this RV/ Travel Trailer in September of 2018 and all this happen within the first yr we went back to the store after 4 months that we purchased It from at Gander RV and outdoors they were absolutely no help at all they told us they don’t work on rv trailers and couldn’t take it back the manager told me to file insurance on it after hearing and seeing the videos and pictures of damage and water leaks he said it wasn’t going to be able to be fixed from his opinion my response to him was are you freaking kidding me we pay $60,000 to your store and I’m back in here less than 4 months later and your telling me a new RV u sold me off your lot with no damage caused by us looks to be not fixable that you can’t help me so I called Dutchmen and the closest Dutchman dealer wasn’t within reasonable driving distance for one but we contacted them trying to get help they had one recall part for the heater they told us to drive the RV to them and they would put the replacement part on for free out of everything that was wrong with this entire trailer they told us they hadn’t had any recalls or defects on that year and model so that did no good at all we have fixed problem by problem on this trailer the roof was poorly screwed down and was separating so we reattached it and sealed it ourselves the plumbing had to be glued and connected in multiple places the fridge needed a new wiring piece we ordered offline and replaced it we reattached and nailed down the trim we ordered another switch for the front landing gear jacks to lift the front of the trailer for the truck so my advice to anyone thinking of buying a Dutchmen Rv is don’t do it period I almost would go as far as saying we could of built one better from the ground up by ourselves bc that’s basically what we’ve had todo from all the repairs we made and zero help from the dealership or Dutchmen
- Alisa Barnett , Tennessee

2019-12-28 2019 Dutchmen Endurance 3586G View Listings

We bought this Trailor from Anderson Ca RV and it was totally misrepresented. It was sold as a king bedroom but it is a queen. We are forced to sue them. The trailer it’s self is junk. This trailer is barely put together on a rusty old frame. All the insurance and it spends more time getting worked on than used. 68k of pure junk.
- Joe , California

2019-12-07 2019 Dutchmen Aspen Trail 2390RKSWE View Listings

Purchased a new 2019 Aspen Trail travel trailer. Had it at a permanent spot at a campground for two months. Camped in it maybe 4 times. The ceiling was coming down all the way through the camper. The wall in the bedroom was bulging out. In the living room, the corner of where the Tv sits was coming unglued and splitting open!! A big hole in the bathroom floor where the flooring was laid over the hole to cover it up. Leaking from the shower and leaking we think from the kitchen sink. This trailer has been sitting at the dealership since Oct.14th 2019 and is still there! We also missed some of our end of the year camping!! Dutchmen are not honoring their warranty and will not fix it properly! They want to just put a band-aide on everything. Their craftsmanship is absolutely horrible! Dutchmen make cheap junkie trailers and do not stand by their warranty! Buyer Beware!! Do not buy anything made by Dutchmen!! We are now stuck with a loan payment and a trailer that is falling apart!! Very upset and disappointed!!
- Michele, Illinois

2019-12-02 2008 Dutchmen Express 25C View Listings

Lots of room in the kitchen to prepare meals. Light interior. One large slideout. Easy to dive in town. Exterior color does not show dirt. Lots of outside storage. The condition is good. New roof coating and new house batteries.
- Lee Richardson, Arizona

2019-11-12 2020 Dutchmen Astoria 2953F View Listings

We like the trailer overall, but on the first trip out the gas hot water heater did not function properly and almost caught the trailer on fire. Also, the Auto Leveling system did not function properly and even after about an hour on the phone with the Technician still would not properly level the trailer. Had to use manual features. We will keep the trailer, but only if the dealer makes good on these issues. Towing was very easy, even in high winds.
- D.C., Texas

2019-11-04 2019 Dutchmen Atlas 3002RLF View Listings

We purchased our Atlas new and it has been awesome so far. We had a few little things that needed attention however Dutchmen was notified and the repairs were approved without question. This 5th wheel pulls like a dream and my family loves the outside kitchen. Happy we bought this camper. On a bad note we had Camping World do the repairs and I am now fixing the issues myself, they are a joke and over bill for everything.
- Asa Steven Large , Arizona

2019-11-04 2019 Dutchmen Astoria 2953RLF View Listings

This 5th wheel was recommended by a fellow RVer/friend like us. They recommend the dealer which is SunnyIsland in Rockford. They have outstanding service, aerolite has a 3 year warranty, which is 1 year longer than Jayco’s for which we’ve had for the last 30 years. Our Astoria is light weight, plenty of room, thought the mattress was very hard, which we replaced before our trip to Florida. Our Astoria is completely sealed underneath, having the walk through we found everything thing working & nothing had to be fixed before we picked it up I would recommend this rv to all!
- Arden Miller, Illinois