Dutchmen RVs Reviews (169)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Dutchmen RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of these RVs.

Jim from Utah says:

Have you owned any Dutchmen RVs? Write a review

Voted Most Helpful Review 2017 Dutchmen Aspen Trail 2810BHS View Listings

Nice floor plan. Tall interior which is great. Seems to have trouble running the fridge and a/c at the same time. Fridge has to be manually unplugged (no switch to choose propane or electric) to force it to run on gas. Power source might not have been completely up to snuff when this happened but still seems like a really stupid design to have to remove panel and unplug to have the fridge run on gas if your plugged into power.
- Jim, Utah

2019-06-12 2018 Dutchmen Aspen Trail 1700BH View Listings

Had a pop up since 2005. I grew up in a pop up. We looked and looked and lo and behold tis popped up, metaphorically. I was skeptical of Aspen Trail as their quality was really noticably bad a few years ago. Not so much last year. And our Dealer D & D RV in Helena MT, was great. Good price, very decent price and they tiurned the axle very inexpensively (200 bucks) making a too low RV perfect for MT. This unit is perfect for empty nesters with large dogs or a new family with kids. Unique to this is an enclosed rear bunk with the bottom at 40 inches wide. That is adult territory. And, you dont have to take the Real 4 person dinette down to sleep. It is a basic bathroom but with separate shower an Hlme Depot sells easily installible medicine cabinets. The seemed to have cheapened them 4 2019 with no cabinets above the queen bed and removing the wall above the second bunk, so look for lightly used. Yes, it is single axle with a low carrying capacity, but a great unit. Thor/Dutchmen sell the same unit under the Coleman Lantern name as like 17fq and a really nice Kodiak version for more bucks, more capacity and a fiberglass exterior. Others have the same floor plan with the difference being width. The bigger bunk and dinette are worth it particularly since these will cost the same or less. Good value.
- Karl Milhon, Montana

2019-06-07 2015 Dutchmen Aspen Trail 2710BH View Listings

The trailer itself is OK. When we purchased it, we noticed some trim on the outside that was loose, and one of the curtain rods was not attached on one end. I asked to have those two things fixed. Neither one was taken care of. The bigger issue was that we were told that the furnace and A/C had been checked out and guaranteed to work. We bought it in March, so we wouldn't have known anyway if the A/C worked. (It works just fine - no problems there.) Our biggest mistake was taking the dealer's word for it that the heat worked. It didn't. We tried using it in April and there was no heat or warm air at all. It was still under warranty, so we took it in to get checked. The furnace had NEVER BEEN HOOKED UP! So, poor workmanship in the first place, then lied to by the dealer. The warranty did cover the furnace repair, so I can't complain about that. For the two of us, it works fine. We don't have a slide, so it does get a little tight if it's raining and I'm trying to cook a meal or something. When my husband is sitting at the table, he can't get his feet under it comfortably so they stick out in my way. We did pull it 3500 miles a couple of years ago and had no trouble towing it.
- Bobbi J., Minnesota

2019-06-05 2018 Dutchmen Aspen Trail 26BH View Listings

I bought a 2018 Dutchmen Aspen Trail, when we took it out the first time we noticed a loud squeaky noise in the floor close to the slider and the floor was higher, we called Dutchmen customer service and they gave a couple places where we can take it, we decide to take to Camping world in Buford Georgia, to take care of a recall in the furnace and at the same time check the floor. The Camping World tech was 100% agreed with us that is not a normal squeaky noise, they called Dutchmen to get the ok to do a deeper inspection in the floor and they told them they don't cover that type of issue, to me this a factory issue and they tech let them know this also, I called them many times and they gave me the same answer, at the end I had to take the trailer home the way it is. DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY THEY DON'T STAND BY THEY WARRANTY OR PRODUCTS.
- Edwin Mera, Georgia

2019-06-03 2017 Dutchmen Aerolite Luxury Class 242BHSL View Listings

Great bunkhouse. Love the Happi-Jack retractable bunks so that we can store items under the raised bunks when traveling, then lower them once we got to destination. Also allows for storage between trips. Also love the automatic leveling feature. Had other campers come up and ask about it at almost every park since it requires virtually no thought or effort for perfect leveling every time. Access to all the features through the In-Command system was also nice, especially since you could access through the app as well to check levels of tanks, turn on and off lights, etc. Have had no issues with the RV thus far.
- Greg Winnell, Michigan

2019-05-28 2010 Dutchmen Grand Junction 355RL View Listings

This is a 38 ft Dutchman Grand Junction with a King Size Bed, Cedar Closet, large double door refigerator,high quality cabinets and fixtures, pop up large tv with surround sound,and confortable furniture. This unit is top of the line, very confortable,with quality fixtures and a easy pull with air ride hitch. One can easily live in it, and feel like you never left home.
- Robert Vee Botten, Minnesota

2019-05-23 2019 Dutchmen Aspen Trail 3600QBDS View Listings

Falling apart and there's a lot of factory defects. Warranty is a joke and there's absolutely no customer service representative that's receptive to the fact that I have been sold a piece of crap trailer
- Michael, Texas

2019-05-23 2019 Dutchmen Aspen Trail 3600QBSS View Listings

The absolute worst trailer imaginable. Bought it from dealer in Rockport 2 months ago and it is falling apart. The roof leaks and there's a lot of factory defects. The salesman that sold it to me said that the omish craftsmanship was second to none. I seriously doubt the omish crafted anything about the unit I'm stuck with.
- Michael, Texas

2019-05-18 2018 Dutchmen Aerolite Expandables 224ES View Listings

I honestly like everything about it. The hybrid is the way to go and it's really not much work to pull down the beds. It is incredibly good looking inside and outside and pulls easily. These are real queen beds - we're tall people and have no problem getting comfortable. And the mattresses are by far the best on the market. The bathroom is fantastic. I wish our master bedroom had a shower this nice.
- Bill H, Wisconsin

2019-05-15 2019 Dutchmen Coleman Lantern 337BH View Listings

I fell in love with the floor plan. On delivery we found mold in the slide under the dinette. After the first rain storm we had standing water in the slide and the. Also discovered water in the outdoor kitchen. The paneling was also falling off the bottom of the bu k in the bunk house. The trim started peeling on the kitchen slide. I still love the floor plan but wish I had listened to my husband and kept looking. Dutchman says they are going to make right and do the repairs but we are wasting our camp season while the repairs are being made. I am so discouraged.
- Carla H, South Carolina

2019-05-15 2019 Dutchmen Voltage 3605 View Listings

I bought a dutchman voltage 3605 back in 2018 . I had a few minor issues but expected with any RV. It's a very solid air tight . Stays cool in the summer and warm in the winter . Very sound proof as well . I put over 5000 miles on the unit so far and no issues . I'd but again . High quality with out breaking the bank .
- James , Maryland

2019-05-12 2007 Dutchmen Colorado 30BS View Listings

Extremly clean unit. Complete seperate bathroom. Lots of storage. All hardwood ash trim and doors. Plenty of extras. Large amount of storage space inside . Everything works as expected. Just a little bigger than what we were looking for. This is definitely a unit I would go after if I wanted one in this size range.
- Mark Oesch, Michigan

2019-05-11 2018 Dutchmen Kodiak Ultimate 295TBHS View Listings

The Kodiak Ultimate triple bunk system was perfect for my traveling family of 4 who becomes 6 when the kids are home from college. Easily towable, push button level system and smart system wired. Perfect for summer or winter camping and pulls easily down the road.
- Jennifer Gaul, Colorado

2019-04-28 2015 Dutchmen Voltage 4000 View Listings

Experiencing cracking on both lower corners on the outside of the camper on the front bedroom slide out. Keystone approved one corner a little over a year ago due to a structural flaw. This was caused due to that area not being properly reinforced. The area was fixed by RCD in Pataskala Ohio. Now that area is cracking again as well as the the other corner.Keystone is now declining any additional work on my camper. Why is my problem not being addressed? This is a structural flaw in the design. I guess I’ll have to get an attorney and file a lawsuit.
- Jerry dillon, Ohio

2019-04-26 2010 Dutchmen Grand Junction 355RL View Listings

No other unit my wife or I have seen new or preowned meets the standard, quality, nor comfort as the Grand Junction we owned. This unit pulls like it’s not even there! Equipped with new Goodyear regroovable tires for “0” blowouts or flats on your vacation or trip.
- William Fincher, Florida

2019-04-16 2018 Dutchmen Coleman Lantern 250TQ View Listings

bought a 2018 Coleman lantern had a problem with the roof they say warranty will not cover it will never buy nothing that has to do with Keystone ever again I will be trading it in on a Forest River the warranty ain't worth the paper it was written on
- Jeff.longstreet@aol , Michigan

2019-04-10 2017 Dutchmen Kodiak Ultimate 279RBSL View Listings

Great rig for our family. We really enjoyed this trailer. Easy to tow, nice kitchen island, big shower, the auto leveling feature is great! The InCommand system is really cool too as you can control your slides and lights, plus monitor your levels remotely on your phone via bluetooth. Nice work Dutchmen!
- Matt Molzan, Washington

2019-03-30 2017 Dutchmen Kodiak 291RESL View Listings

This is our second RV, started out with a Coleman Lantern. Upgraded to the Kodiak Ultimate. We have had a few issues with the trim not being attached securely but nothing my husband could not fix. We love the size and kitchen counter space. There is adequate storage throughout. We have upgraded the mattress which was great for a better night's rest and the shower head. We replaced the dining chairs for benches we bought at RC Willey that have storage. This is our second season and we go a lot, up Idaho mountains and down. Pulls nice with Ford F-150, my husband did add air lift suspension to the truck for an easier pull. Haven't had to use the factory warranty or support so no comment on that.
- Candace Johnston, Idaho

2019-03-25 2019 Dutchmen Coleman Lantern 250TQ View Listings

First time buying an RV, Not off to a good start, got her home and and the time had come to start packing some stuff, well it starts to rain not real hard but atypical spring rain shower in ga and the awning was out, no wind so I think it's fine, I'm inside and suddenly the awning collapses, bent the frame all up. Now I know it's not like a house, I didn't expect top quality but REALLY,the first time the awning gets a little water on it it falls apart!!!!. I have a 3 star. On the items that I haven't really been able to test but I'm truly disappointed in the quality of metal that collapses under such little stress.
- Sherry Hodges, Georgia

2019-03-23 2013 Dutchmen Denali 289RK View Listings

We purchased a brand new 2013 Denali 289rk I love the trailer. It was just what I was looking for. We have had nothing but trouble from day one. From the tire having a plug in it. kitchen tap came off the second year we had the trailer. Jack's didn't work without the remote. Valve stems replaced because they rotted. Had to replace the sky light in the bathroom due to leakage from screws torqued too much. Stereo didn't work. Slide out needed adjustment done twice by the dealership third time took to another trailer place and they fixed our problems. So we thought. Large slide leaked had water in the light fixture over the table took it to the trailer place since the dealership we bought it from is no longer a dutchman dealership. Anyway, took it in to get it fixed the membrane had 13 pinholes that could not be seen and waferboard was rotted. Dutchman wont cover anything they say it was the year and lack of maintenance. We take care of our trailer. It has never seen snow until this year in being fixed. I would never recommend buying a Dutchman product ever. All the damages we had to pay for. Not right that the money you spend on trailers and once they get there money they don't care. Before you consider purchasing a dutchman product think twice. Customer service Is terrible. Contact me if you have any questions
- Brian and Wendy Rumleskie, Ontario

2019-03-22 2018 Dutchmen Kodiak 283BHSL View Listings

Without a doubt the absolute WORST customer service from any product I have ever purchased by their staff in Goshen, Indiana. Save your money and your sanity. People in their customer service department like Alicia, Candy, and Tom don't seem to care. Their Product Manager will not take any responsibility for the defects in the manufacturing or the product they produce. It is very easy to hide behind their phone and not resolve the issues. I have been fighting for more than 1 and 1/2 years to resolve warranty issues. We are now at another dealer trying to resolve the problems that are being continually delayed and argued with regarding water leaks, covering up water damaged material with diamond plating, holes in mattresses from the factory, unfinished trim, cracked and split trim, drawers that don't fit, thermostats that don't work, etc. What a great company, not.
- Mark Bianchi, Illinois

2019-03-18 2017 Dutchmen Aerolite 294RKSS View Listings

Likes - Floorplan - the best for lake lot views. Lots of windows. Great kitchen layout. Good quality furniture. Replaced "paper" shades with mini blinds (personal preference). Good storage underneath. Pulls well. Dislikes - none.
- Tom Burson, Alabama

2019-03-08 2017 Dutchmen Aerolite 294RKSS View Listings

We like the layout and large windows. The kitchen is very well designed and easy to work in. Lots of counter space. The pantry is a good size. Lots of storage under the dinette. The recliners are comfortable, as is the sofa. We replaced the "paper" window shades with mini blinds, as we did not like the paper shades. The bathroom is a little short on floor space. We have a dresser and good sized closet in our 294RKSS, which was removed in the 2018 models. We also have a terrific little hall tree at the entry. Catches all the things that used to end up on the dresser. Adequate amount of storage underneath. Good lighting. Lots of storage around the upper walls inside. We bought it for use primarily at the lake (the big windows let us fully appreciate the local scenery regardless of the orientation of the trailer.
- Tom Burson, Alabama

2019-03-04 2018 Dutchmen Voltage 3970 View Listings

Let me just start by saying stay as far away from Keystone/Dutchman as you can! I have had a solid year of nothing but leaks and shoddy workmanship. Now my unit is in the shop yet again with a leak in the bed room slide that is so wet that it has grown mold so thick that it looks like spray foam insulation. I have been waiting for over a month while the dealership deals with Keystone/Dutchman so today I decided to call myself. It was very clear from the phone call that the manufacturer is more interested in trying to make this issue my fault instead of standing behind their product and getting my RV back on the road. I traded a 2008 Dutchman that was not manufactured by Keystone that was a great unit, it is clear now that all the all the unfavorable remarks I have heard about Keystone is completely true and I can't wait to get this unit back so that I can immediately get rid of it! I am in hopes that I can find a class action law suit to join against Keystone or possibly start one! So please hear this warning DO NOT BUY A KEYSTONE BUILT RV!!!!
- Neil Castles, North Carolina

2019-02-26 2017 Dutchmen Voltage 3005V View Listings

Loved this toy hauler. Days of big toys are coming to an end and looking to down size. PDI list was short and corrected ASAP. Added several up-grades: Slide toppers, super G range tires, better quality springs, added garage storage, stop/turn lights,surge tank on water system, drag wheels on back. Tows well even in cross winds. Min. 3/4 ton tow recommended. One ton tows great.
- Duck Killer, California