Dutchmen RVs Reviews (205)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Dutchmen RVs Reviews and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of these RVs.

Jim from Utah says:

Have you owned any Dutchmen RVs? Write a review

Voted Most Helpful Review 2017 Dutchmen Aspen Trail 2810BHS View Listings

Nice floor plan. Tall interior which is great. Seems to have trouble running the fridge and a/c at the same time. Fridge has to be manually unplugged (no switch to choose propane or electric) to force it to run on gas. Power source might not have been completely up to snuff when this happened but still seems like a really stupid design to have to remove panel and unplug to have the fridge run on gas if your plugged into power.
- Jim, Utah

2019-12-02 2008 Dutchmen Express 25C View Listings

Lots of room in the kitchen to prepare meals. Light interior. One large slideout. Easy to dive in town. Exterior color does not show dirt. Lots of outside storage. The condition is good. New roof coating and new house batteries.
- Lee Richardson, Arizona

2019-11-12 2020 Dutchmen Astoria 2953F View Listings

We like the trailer overall, but on the first trip out the gas hot water heater did not function properly and almost caught the trailer on fire. Also, the Auto Leveling system did not function properly and even after about an hour on the phone with the Technician still would not properly level the trailer. Had to use manual features. We will keep the trailer, but only if the dealer makes good on these issues. Towing was very easy, even in high winds.
- D.C., Texas

2019-11-04 2019 Dutchmen Atlas 3002RLF View Listings

We purchased our Atlas new and it has been awesome so far. We had a few little things that needed attention however Dutchmen was notified and the repairs were approved without question. This 5th wheel pulls like a dream and my family loves the outside kitchen. Happy we bought this camper. On a bad note we had Camping World do the repairs and I am now fixing the issues myself, they are a joke and over bill for everything.
- Asa Steven Large , Arizona

2019-11-04 2019 Dutchmen Astoria 2953RLF View Listings

This 5th wheel was recommended by a fellow RVer/friend like us. They recommend the dealer which is SunnyIsland in Rockford. They have outstanding service, aerolite has a 3 year warranty, which is 1 year longer than Jayco’s for which we’ve had for the last 30 years. Our Astoria is light weight, plenty of room, thought the mattress was very hard, which we replaced before our trip to Florida. Our Astoria is completely sealed underneath, having the walk through we found everything thing working & nothing had to be fixed before we picked it up I would recommend this rv to all!
- Arden Miller, Illinois

2019-10-28 2019 Dutchmen Kodiak Cub 175BH View Listings

We loved the 175BH, at first. However after first trip out we had several poor workmanship issues that serviced. Peeling wall paper, window not latching, roof vent not opening all the way. Took that in and got all of the above repaired. Next trip...back for repair of bunk bed that was made with defective particle board that was cracking. It would not of held any weight if someone had slept on it. There were multiple screw holes under in the storage pass thru but no screws were in the drilled holes. Again it was fixed by the dealership. Each trip that we went on demonstrated another workmanship error. Bad wiring, refrigerator went out 3 times before it was finally replaced. Today on the way home from a camping trip the back wheel just broke off and flew across the freeway. Thank God no one was hit and we were able to steer the truck and trailer to safety with the one side dragging on the axel...very scary. Be aware of this poorly made craft. It is if it was the practice model for all the other models that followed. DO NOT BUY IT.
- Pat Perry, Washington

2019-10-26 2018 Dutchmen Kodiak 299BHSL View Listings

This camper is only a year old and I am totally disgusted with the manufacturing of it!!! I totally love the floor plan. Took it on the first camping trip and had to bring it back for a leak in the roof. Now it is leaking in the bathroom. When we took the skylight down...you can clearly see this has been leaking for a very long time. The screws are rusted, the insulation foam is so nasty and brown, and the skylight cover is corroded!! The table leans, the 2 jackknife sofas can only sleep one person because the back is about 3 inches higher than the seat. The roof is warranted but not the caulking...which if not put on right and there is a spot where you can see it wasn't. Who would of ever thought to check this on a brand new camper. When you pay $26K for something you expect it be better made than this. When I went back to dealer it's..."You need to check this every 3 months or so....SORRY I CALL BS!!!
- Cheryl Rome, Louisiana

2019-10-18 2018 Dutchmen Kodiak Ultimate 2711BS View Listings

I bought this trailer in March 2018. Biggest mistake of my life. I am stuck with the a lemon. From the first day I brought it home things have been breaking. For the first year of ownership I was able to camp twice and the rest of the time it's been in the shop. The table bed collapsed, the trim from ALL parts of the trailer has fallen off. The refrigerator didnt work. The microwave didnt work. The water heater needed fixing. The slide needed repair. The biggest problem that still exists is the heater intermittently working. I bought the trailer to be used in the winter months. I've only been able to use it once so far and the heater quit working on that trip too. (Yes there is propane) it will click like it wants to work but not ignite although the stove does. We've gotten no help despite having video evidence of what it is doing. It is now late Oct 2019. I've been able to use this money pit a total of 4, FOUR times. It spends longer at the dealers than my home. Do not buy new trailers. I was told at the dealers all the manufacturers were just pumping them out to meet demand and letting the warrenty take care of things after. Buy before 2017 is what I was told.
- Rayleen Hall, Washington

2019-10-14 2018 Dutchmen Aerolite 2843BH View Listings

2018: This RV was like an expensive watercraft. And by that, I mean it leaked from every orifice. Every window, every door(3 of them including the back behind the bunks), the windows in the doors, every hatch, the sunlights in the roof and even through the refridgerator vent. Some of the seals were installed upside down and some of them had finger impressions in the sealant that acted like four little funnels, two hands worth, to let the water inside. No joke, every opening in the skin leaked. The fridge leak was so bad that the wood swelled up and rotted completely and every trim strip swelled up from water. They are only sawdust covered in pretty tape after all. The strip lighting in the front end, outside and inside the storage bay fell off within a month. Now we bought this RV brand new and only had it for 1 year. It spent the majority of that time in the shop trying to locate and repair the leaks and the damage.I carried many, many extra towels to soak up water because we had obligations to travel for most of the spring. We would go out for a weekend, drop it off at the shop on our way back, pick it up 2 or 3 weeks later, rinse, repeat. The dealer tried their best to fix it, but we ended up paying a relatively small amount of money for the manufacturer to take the 2018 back as a complete failure and get us into a 2019 replacement. 2019 replacement, also 2843BH: Now with this one, only two windows and the door windows leaked. Fairly easy fix, including one window completely replaced due to a broken internal seal. We've had this one since February 2019. It has been in the shop three times, including right now. They have come to our house 3 times, including to replace and fix window leaks. The first roadtrip findings: the fridge circuit board wired backwards, burned up before purchadse but unknown yet. The water heater blow out valve has been replaced 3 times, still leaks.The sunroof in kitchen was installed so poorly it was warped sideways, replaced. The drain in the shower had no support, snapped in 2 at the seam the first time in the shower. Leaked enough to come out of the bottom of the trailer. Luckily my husband was outside and noticed. Not a weight issue. Replaced and supported. Auto level system has never worked. Shop opens underpinning, finds that it has only one screw in each sensor and the sensor moves everytime you pull the trailer. More hardware, still doesn't work. Shop tries reset several times. Raises the trailer high enough to pop the shackles on the right axles. In the shop right now trying to fix. Most recent trip, slideout stops after 12" of travel. Error message says battery low.Shore power connected and battery at 13 volts. Almost every trip the panel will not start up. Thinks the trailer is still moving. Have to disconnect battery to reset control panel. The drawer under the aft dining table seat was assembled so poorly it had come apart at the seams. The brace that it slides on was screwed in without holding it down so the screws just pushed up away from the floor. Luckily my husband is a cabinet guy. The closet door is so warped that the MFG tried to hide it by re-drilling the hinge screws out of line. Door fell off frame first trip. The shop re-hangs the door in attempt to help it work. Needs new door and then probably new door facing/hinge side. The license plate holder was installed right next to the shore power plug. And I mean nearly on top of it. The plate could not be installed. They had to install a second plate holder on the opposite side. Now we have an extra plate holder:) I'm not listing the minor issues and cosmetic issues that either we or the shop were able to repair or fix. And there were several, especially on the 2018. The dealer really excelled on getting the second one ready...except that annoying fridge that only worked on propane because the circuit board was fried and we didn't figure it out until the propane tank was empty:( Our dealer is really trying to fix the issues on this trailer, but they are so very numerous and most are not minor in nature. This trailer is just completely unacceptable in quality. I almost want to find out if it was built on a Monday, if you get me. The cosmetic flaws would be correctable but these have major systems failing straight off of the assembly line. Completely unacceptable for this price point. Highly do not recommend. Very dissatisfied.
- Kathy Allbright, Texas

2019-09-23 2019 Dutchmen Kodiak Ultra Lite 248BHSL View Listings

We have been very disappointed in our new trailer. We purchased in Feb. 2019 and in June 2019, our refrigerator went when we were on a 9 day camping vacation. We lived 7 days out of coolers and friends refrigerators. We have had to work on just about every drawer in the trailer. After we would arrive at each destination, a drawer would need worked on as it came completely off the tracking or screws would come out of the floor, as the screws were not long enough to hold.In Sept. during a brief rainstorm, an awning arm snapped in half. The table was not designed to actually sit at and eat. We had to have a custom table made.The door separating the living space from the bedroom won't stay on the track, we had to put stoppers in.
- Cindy, Pennsylvania

2019-09-21 2014 Dutchmen Denali 287RE View Listings

Purchased this great looking 2014 Denali 287re rv with nice floorplan in 2015. Year 1:problem with passenger side slideout. Ripped the fiberglass siding in back. Took almost 10 months for dealer to fix. Year 3: opened up trailer in spring and 75% of trailer was 100% soaked. Had to rip out entertainment section as it was water logged and the doors had mould. Had to remove all carpets and linoleum.Had repair shop fix a lot. Had to replace both motors on the same slideout. No plumbers putty under mouldings, a thin felt was all there was. Still have water infiltration on the same slideout. Can somebody show me the weatherstripping that is supposed to be on the top of the slideout. Mine doesn't touch the slideout and I believe it should. They had no insulation around any of the exterior signal lights. I would have liked to see these types of reviews before buying this money pit.
- Peter, Quebec

2019-09-20 2018 Dutchmen Rubicon 301XLT View Listings

I purchased this toy hauler to haul my rzr in, it weighs 1200 pounds. Garage Cargo capacity is 2000 pounds. It cannot handle the load. The engineering of this camper is a joke. It hard to tow with all the frame flex and undersize axles. I have had at the dealers 2 times over this issue. The dealer has been very helpful. Keystone/Dutchmen is giving me rough time about fixing or replacing it. I would not waist my money on any camper of there's again.
- Clarence D. Lovell, Indiana

2019-09-04 2018 Dutchmen Coleman Lantern 250TQ View Listings

I bought a 2018 Coleman Lantern 262 BH from Camping World in late 2017. I have had to have work done multiple times (water heater, hose connection fitting, toilet). The greatest issue by far is the leaking roof. I was told by a repair technician that the roof was installed incorrectly, and the metal strip under the roof membrane is actually slicing it from underneath. I now have two patches on the roof while waiting to see if they will warranty the work to correct the problem.
- Chris Scalisi, Louisiana

2019-09-03 2019 Dutchmen Aerolite 2843BH View Listings

2019 Aerolite: The awning came loose. Threre was only 1 upper bolt holding the awning on place. I saw an electrical harness inside the vertical aluminum stud. Called customer service requesting a schematic of the RV. There were existing pre-drilled holes that I could use to help secure the awning. Requested a schematic to prove that I could drill more holes so as to secure the awning without drilling through the electrical harness. She told me there was no schematic. I said everything has a floor plan or schematic. She hung up on me. Other problems: The LPG harness developed a bad leak. I had to replace the entire harness. Battery straps (minor problem) have to be replaced.
- Bruce Merrill, Utah

2019-09-01 2017 Dutchmen Denali 325RL View Listings

This pile of junk was a disaster from the word go. The dealer, General RV Tampa after the sale was useless. The board under the kitchen slide was split from end to end causing the slide not to go out all the way. You can’t tell me that wasn’t known at the factory. Kept it 6 weeks and traded for a Grand Design Reflection 315RLTS. Wonderful unit and much better customer service.
- Richard Parker , Florida

2019-08-22 2020 Dutchmen Kodiak 289BHSL View Listings

Very pleased with our Kodiak 289BHSL. Have not had any issues as of yet, and by looking at reviews it looks like many of the issues customers had were prior to the company partnering with Keystone RV. I can say I am a happy customer and an experienced RVer. With many past experiences with other manufacturers, our Kodiak has been the best in terms of quality. They are made by human hands and minor flaws are to be expected in RV's. We are understanding of that, and have had absolutely no issues. I think part of what people should look at is the dealer they purchase from. That can make all the difference in the world when you buy from a good manufacturer and dealership. We are very pleased.
- Mitchell Smith, Indiana

2019-08-21 2011 Dutchmen Komfort 3230RK View Listings

Over all TV is built extremely well and seems to be much more durable than the newer models. The complete TV is aluminum frame and structure so for the size it is much lighter than the wood makes. For a lasting rv I would for sure look at Dutchman again.
- Toby, South Carolina

2019-08-21 2017 Dutchmen Aerolite 2320BHSL View Listings

Overall great camper for us. We've had a few issues but Dutchmen has taken care of them each time. Only major problem we had was a bearing failure (less than 300 miles on the trailer). Even when Lippert denied the claim Dutchmen stepped up and replaced the axle under warranty even though it wasn't their component (fault). I have since replaced all bearings and seals with Timken bearings and use a high-quality grease instead of that crap from the Lippert factory. It tows easily and straight, no sway, looks good, and after a year of some good use, seems to be holding up well. Everything seems solid and well built. Don't see any reason it won't last many more years. We do keep it out of the weather when not in use. I wish they would use Dexter axles and self adjusting brakes. Also I wish there was an A.C. vent in the top bunk. It can get a little warm up there. But overall I am satisfied with the camper. As with any moving mechanical thing it does require constant maintenance/work/money. If you're not prepared to keep on top of the maintenance or pay someone to do it don't get a camper.
- Philip, North Carolina

2019-08-20 2018 Dutchmen Kodiak Cub 176RD View Listings

BS... Jason, we love our 2018 Kodiak Cub 176RD! Yep, the one for SALE now stored within the local Laughlintown Secured Lot. We are truly sorry that YOU HAVE, AND ARE EXPERIENCING such horrendous defects and insufficient customer service. Perhaps your “Dealership” is part of your problem. We bought our “‘18 Kodiak Cub RV”, off the Apollo PA dealership lot, BRAN’-SPANKING NEW., and have not a complaint. The one adjustment needed was to a window latch, that was immediately attended to. Our Apollo PA dealership is family owned. Their attention to detail was and is beyond reproach. I couldn’t imagine a sale being released without, seemingly, any quality checking such as you seem to have experienced. Smaller, family owned, as opposed to ‘eh - perhaps some huge “volume” shops willing to push units off their lot and forget them. Jason, did you buy a new 2018 Kodiak RV, or was it used? What was/is the model, and year manufactured, of the Kodiak you purchased and used as the basis for your review? Colorado... was your unit ever used “OFF ROAD”? Our 2018 KODIAK CUB in question was and is the basis for our review. Again, we have experienced nothing like you have, and would willingly introduce the buyer of our ‘18 Kodiak Cub to our Dealership. Would you allow my buyer, if requesting, to speak to your dealership? Oh, and we are selling our RV because my husband suffers from the Rapid-Onset of a bone-fracture disease prohibiting his ability to safely handle setups and takedowns for fear of falling and refractuting. We wish you well, and likewise wish we could but keep enjoying the KODIAK RV experience we had for each of our three trips. B (& P) S.
- Bonnie, Pennsylvania

2019-08-20 2017 Dutchmen Denali 325RL View Listings

I am extremely disappointed, unhappy, disgusted and angry with Keystone and it's affiliates. There was a manufacturer's defect in our Denali that resulted in water damage. The dealership discovered that the awning and drain spout were improperly installed at the factory which resulted in water wicking in and delaminating the flooring material. This was all discovered long before our warranty ran out. Now Keystone is declining to rectify this problem. In the words of their voice mail, "We decline to participate", in other words, not honouring their warranty. We have not received a detailed explanation as to why. We did our due diligence by bringing it for repairs in a timely fashion. So fellow RVers, stay far away from Keystone products. If I could have given them 0 stars for service and warranty, I would have!
- Howard Wirsch, British Columbia

2019-08-18 2019 Dutchmen Coleman Lantern 337BH View Listings

Me and my wife bought this camper one year ago found rot in all three slide outside think water is weeping up through the water resistant barrier into the untreated plywood it is in the shop now for three slide floor replacement they are checking the seals calking witch is just fine but wen I get it back I will be water proofing the black barrier and installing retractable slide roof covers awnings to help keep the water off and out at1500 my cost love the camper hate how its built
- Dustin danos, Louisiana

2019-08-13 2017 Dutchmen Kodiak 255BHSL View Listings

This is the first new RV I have purchased. Never imagined that I would be back to dealer with so many warranty issues on a new unit (Western RV was awesome about all the repairs). On top of many small issues such as leaking low point water valve, missing blind brackets, button snap door screws falling out of door I had some big issue. Main problems included separating sidewall (rain entry point) from molding along front cap on 3 separate occasions which was finally resolved by installing bigger molding. Also main floor to frame bolts being stripped loose. Cheap, improperly galvanized screws rusting and falling off along underbelly. Vinyl floor was turning fluorescent yellow in several places. Speaking with other new RV owners not sure any other brands are much better given they all use the same components. Other new RV seem to also have these issues and if I find a brand that does not, I will be sure to buy from them next time.
- Patrick Klassen, Alberta

2019-08-10 2006 Dutchmen Tundra 27FKDSL View Listings

We fell in love this Travle Tralier when we first saw it compared to many others we looked at. It has a fantastic floor plan with open space living in the kitchen lounge area. The double bed in the back bedroom is very comfortable & plenty of cupboard space for clothing etc. We installed a new awning when we purchased it. The tyres are fairly new as & in good condition. It has airconditioning & great music system with speakers throughout the trailer to enjoy a relaxing time camped up somewhere beautiful. We have owned it for 2 years & have thoroughly enjoyed our travels as a family, but are now ready to hand it over to the next lucky person who is looking for an adventure & travel experience in this beautiful country.
- Wendy Mahoney, Arizona

2019-08-05 2013 Dutchmen Aspen Trail 2810BHS View Listings

Bought brand new in 2012. The auto ignition on the stove has never worked. Been really nice except, this year we have severe water damage from the roof leaking. There was no physical evidence until now. Our insurance appraiser told us that it’s been leaking for years buy the amount of damage that has been done. Manufacturers defect. We take care of our stuff, and the warranty department won’t do anything. I peeled back the roof and there was black mold and the wood was totally rotten. This really sucks. Wish I could post pics.
- Bryan Ashment, Utah

2019-07-31 2018 Dutchmen Coleman Light 1625RB View Listings

The first season, first day we found the awning support was bent. After fighting with Camping World over who would pay for it and losing most of the season with it in the shop, they finally replaced it. First trip out the seam tape on the walls began falling off, the large overhead wood trim on the slideout fell off and various other items broke. Second season now and camper has been in the shop for over 2 months with a bad window, the same awning arm is loose and the front tongue section of the frame is bending upward. 2 seasons and no camper for most of each. At least we get free parking on camping worlds lot. Time to empty it out and winterize it and it's only August 1st. What a waste of 14K.
- Dennis Gingras, Wisconsin