Dutchmen Reviews on RV Insider (240)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Dutchmen RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Jim from Utah says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2017 Dutchmen Aspen Trail 2810BHS View Listings

Nice floor plan. Tall interior which is great. Seems to have trouble running the fridge and a/c at the same time. Fridge has to be manually unplugged (no switch to choose propane or electric) to force it to run on gas. Power source might not have been completely up to snuff when this happened but still seems like a really stupid design to have to remove panel and unplug to have the fridge run on gas if your plugged into power.
- Jim, Utah

2020-07-05 2020 Dutchmen Atlas 3172RLKB View Listings

Very bad quality very bad service water tank broke strap on a brand new unit tour out the bottom bed fell apart horrible craftsmanship the inverter or converter was no good the day we brought it home we've had this camper 5th wheel for approximately three months driven 50 miles total lived in for one month horrible craftsmanship
- michaelshaverplumbing, Tennessee

2020-06-26 2019 Dutchmen Aspen Trail 2880RKSWE View Listings

Purchased brand new in 2020. (Now we know why no one else has purchased this one) UGH... Don't think they ever did their Pre Delivery check, nor did they care about what may have been found. After we had our RV delivered, we found the cheap plastic molding around the shower already pulled away and breaking, a gap in the shower door (leaks when you shower), cover for sink underneath is peeling away, floor near bathroom is messed up and the A/C can't handle the high 80's, thermostat problems, specs on tanks not available (all sites for same RV differ, no exact gallons on both grey water tanks just combo gallons), I'm sure I'm forgetting something and this is only after having it from June 8th thru June 19th. Price was great and actual floor plan is nice as having a kitchen in the back is convenient. Oh yeah, bedroom, although this is a true queen size bed, the way its set up with your head in an angle, you loose a lot of space so it feels quite short.
- Komisar, Oregon

2020-06-18 2017 Dutchmen Aerolite 272RBSS View Listings

Great couples unit. Will sleep more than a couple but works great with two people. Opposing slides provides an island kitchen. Also big outdoor kitchen with sink, fridge and two burner stove. But the best thing is the huge bathroom, the biggest I ever seen in a travel trailer.
- Bill King, Georgia

2020-06-17 2013 Dutchmen Aerolite 174ES View Listings

Great small camper! We love it! Our 25 year old son and a friend lived in it for 4 summers and you would never know. It shows little wear and tear. Beds could be more comfortable other than that it is a wonderful camper. Easy to tow. Simple to maintain. We love it!!!!!
- Matthew P. Van Note, Ohio

2020-06-16 2021 Dutchmen Coleman Lantern LT 17B View Listings

Great starter camper. This is all you need, it has a bunk house, a dinette table that turns into a full size bed, and has the kitchen and bathroom. This is not a luxury camper, it is bare bones. It does not have a oven, the backsplash is wall paper, the fridge is a little bigger than a college dorm fridge. I love the awning, the fireplace, and the beds. My kids love it. We will be putting some work into it by adding a stick on backsplash, adding some more storage, a tv and a thicker mattress on the queen size bed. However for the price you can not beat it. If you are looking for something to start your rv journey with your kids, this is the best one. even though they say it comes with a back up camper, it does not.
- Barlas Yuce, Pennsylvania

2020-06-16 2020 Dutchmen Kodiak Ultimate 2922FKDS View Listings

GANDER RV OF ATLANTA REVIEW 2/29/2020: It starts with a salesperson who is completely "illiterate" about the product he is selling but has a number to meet and tells you what he knows you want to hear, or thinks he knows what you want to hear! About the only honest or knowledgeable words that came out of the salesman's mouth were that it had four tires and a spare. He enjoyed telling us of the 55" TV (Actually a 40") and the “overall” 29' length of the RV (It was a model "2921" so it must be...right...WRONG, it is 33' - 7" long!" 29’ IS THE BODY ONLY!) Sadly, I could go on and on but thankfully we knew the "facts" of the Trailer we were looking at before we purchased so BUYER BEWARE AND KNOWLEDGEABLE BEFORE DIGESTING ANYTHING THEY SAY regarding anything on or in the RV! 3/3/2020: A few days later (Weather was horrible that week and I needed another truck to safely tow my new RV) doing my PDI, I saw the salesperson and he just looked at me and walked on. (Truly, I was just a number!) Now onto the Service Department, kinda like "Military Intelligence" it does not exist, except to get you “over the curb” and off of their lot. YOU NEED TO BRING A PDI FORM WITH YOU (I have one if you need it) and be sure YOU operate EVERYTHING AND UNDERSTAND EVERYTHING. I messed up by being impatient with their illiteracy regarding my RV so I bum-rushed him and got out of there knowing that with the manuals I could figure it all out. WRONG: THERE WERE DEFECTS IN CRAFTSMANSHIP! (95% of my Appliances and installed products were not given to me) Once you “Get over the curb” it becomes another trip back to the Dealer AND a Warranty issue! I bought an Equalizer hitch also and the Snap-up lever tool was not even put in the RV. (You MUST HAVE THIS TOOL sometimes when connecting to your tow vehicle!) (Later note: They installed the Equalizer Hitch improperly also) JUNE 16, 2020 SUMMATION EDIT DUE TO CHARACTER LENGTH RESTRICTION: Both Gander RV of Atlanta and Dutchman (Keystone, Thor Industries) are vastly beneath sub-par in their customer service and overall delivery of a satisfactory product. I still do not have an ETA for the completion of my RV and I have no confidence that any items will actually be repaired plus the RV will be filthy as every time before. Did I mention the dirty dark fingerprint smudges on “ALL” of my AC ceiling vents? STAY AWAY FROM THIS DEALER, drive to another State if you have to for an RV, but please stay away from this sham of a Dealer.
- Ron Smith, Georgia

2020-06-16 2017 Dutchmen Aspen Trail 3010BHDS View Listings

Second time use the camper. The small slide out give US a small problem coming in. So at the next stop made sure everything got lubricated. The problem continues to our summer trip. Got sick come not take it in check. After get into the shop. They call in reference to a bad floor. Could not believe this. Now getting pushed over to different people at the shop. Just asking how could this be. And got the run around. Had to go to the shop. And even if it was towed don't feel bad. One of the worker had 2019 with all most the problem. Make you feel go about the camper. About time to get away from this brand of campers.
- Robert fox, Louisiana

2020-06-16 2013 Dutchmen Voltage 3950 View Listings

This is by far the most poorly constructed RV ever to be built! The Lippert Schwintek slides are a continual failure. The slides leak because they never seal right, the ensuing damage isn’t covered by insurance (water damage). The under rated suspension is not only dangerous but extremely difficult to fix on the side of the road, the roof isn’t as strong as it should be, the back door/ramp doesn’t keep water out, the outside lights are located directly under gutter downspouts filling them and the wall with water. Just a real piece of junk. The only positive thing is the generator always runs nicely. I’ve never known anyone to not have problems with their Voltage. I wish there were a class action to get in on, it is truly terrible.
- Don Brade, Texas

2020-06-09 2016 Dutchmen Voltage 3990 View Listings

Biggest pile of junk on the planet . Factory recall non stop. Warranty was poor . Refrigerator, ac furniture all broken in 6 months . More time in shop then use. All three ac unit roof fans broke on second trip. I let them take it back ..
- Terry Rbiggest piece , Colorado

2020-06-03 2019 Dutchmen Kodiak Cub 175BH View Listings

This is an excellent camper. All space is very well thought out. Pulls and travels great! Super floor plan has many nice features such as LED lighting, shower, toilet,stove,microwave, and would highly recommend! Great quality. Love the bear cage aluminum construction.
- calbell09, Georgia

2020-06-01 2015 Dutchmen Aspen Trail 2780RLS View Listings

It's our little apartment on wheels. We love it! It's 'glamping' not roughing it kind of camping. Lots of creature comforts, lots of room and neatly appointed, with a good sized kitchen with all the equipment you'll need: mid-sized refrigerator with serarate freezer, microwave, oven and three burner stove along with a double sink. Queen size bed with 2 closets and huge under bed storage area too in bedroom. 3 piece bathroom with doors for privacy (not accordian doors, real doors).
- Ann Miller, Georgia

2020-05-21 2019 Dutchmen Kodiak Ultra Lite 285BHSL View Listings

Have owned this camper for only 1 year. So far the list seems endless with problems and they just continue to pile up. Circuit board on the heater had to be replaced. Thermostat had to be replaced. Roof on slide had to be repaired within the first week. All four jacks are completely rusted. Stairs had to be cut off and hinge had to be welded on because the hinge seized. Thumb latches on the doors rusted all out and had to be replaced. Screws were rusted on the outside. Connection to city water was not properly installed and leaked. The sliding barn door from the roof has no proper supports to hold it to the roof and there’s nothing to screw it into. Our black water tank has seized up on the outside and will not open. The list continues so go on. Don’t make the same mistake we did.
- Karley Livie, Alberta

2020-05-07 2019 Dutchmen Coleman Lantern 286RK View Listings

I like the layout of this travel trailer and that's why I bought the 2019 RK. It didn't come without problems that were covered under warranty. First, the factory routed the battery 12V positive cable between the lower floor and frame which caused a short and no 12V. The factory telephone support was no help; I eventually found the short and was able to move the battery cable from the frame and get power. I brought the trailer to CampingWorld for repair - too 3 weeks, and after I picked it up, the slideout literally fell apart, so it was back for warranty repair. The factory was kinda disowning responsibility for it but eventually owned up and paid to fix the slideout. This is a cheaply made RV compared to the golden years of quality products from the pre-90's like Sunnybrook that I owned before. None-the-less, it can be manually improved upon with patience and lots of money!
- Dan, Arizona

2020-05-05 2005 Dutchmen Adirondack 28BH View Listings

This 2005 adrionback rv that gave almost six thousand dollars is junk..Poorly built , wiring all wrapped around and underneath bathtub.It doesn't take a genius to know electricity and water dont mix Wouldn't hold any heat until I insulated it my self. Over half the screws are set only half way . Nothing but problems with it I can't seem to find who built it online anywhere. Whoever it is is obviously doesn't want be known probably cause they re still building em under another name.
- Lane Simpson, Utah

2020-04-23 2018 Dutchmen Coleman Light X 1705RB View Listings

We have loved camping in our Coleman 1705RB. It is small enough to fit into any campsite and big enough to comfortably include all the necessities. The only reason we are selling it is that we are downsizing to a condo where there is no place to park it. We felt as though this camper was our beach house that we could enjoy at Hanna Park north of Jacksonville, Fort Clinch, and St. Augustine Beach. With the heater and the AC, you can enjoy it year round. Even though you can't stretch out in it, the little bathtub is a treat when you have a sore back! The electric awning made us feel as though we had an extra room, and we are including the patio rug that we used with it, as well as all the other accessories.
- CLARE CHANCE, Florida

2020-03-10 2017 Dutchmen Aspen Trail 2750 BHS View Listings

Lots of space, storage. Great for kids with extra sleeping areas. Sturdy well made. Extra large slide out. Outdoor lights and awning makes sitting out side a delightful experience. Great for making unforgettable memories!
- Joyce, South Dakota

2020-03-06 2012 Dutchmen Komfort 3050QB View Listings

This has been an excellent trailer, tows well, plenty of livable space, great for the kids with the bunkhouse (4 bunk beds in the front!), easy to back up! All systems have worked well.... heating, A/C, hot water, good capacity in the water, gray water and black water tanks! Tows better than a 5th wheel!
- Tom Dugan, Colorado

2020-03-03 2018 Dutchmen Endurance 3456 View Listings

We liked the floor plan it was the design we were looking for. Got it home and the fridge wouldn't work. We spent $1600 on a new one. Something wasn't sealed right in the hole where the fidge goes, so we had water damage. Six months later the awning ripped off, no wind or rain, just fell right off. Fought with camping world for 2 months to get it covered under warranty. The slide out switch would bring the slide in but not out. Now the switches for the front and back jack won't work. We have had really bad luck with our purchase. They definitely are cheaper for a reason. I do like the flooring, no dings or dents. I like that it has the bigger windows also.
- Britney Corder, Montana

2020-02-21 2019 Dutchmen Coleman Lantern 286RK View Listings

Hate this RV. It's so cheaply made. The wall panels don't come together in a couple of places and there ate little staples sticking out all over the place. The kitchen exhaust fan broke almost immediately. The "bed" is awful. It had a sink hole in the middle after sleeping on it for 1 week and I do not weigh that much. And now the foam is compressed and hard as a rock. It does have plenty of storage but that's about the only good thing I can say. Shower is TINY. The seams in the ceiling are not right. There's space between the seams and ceilings. Can't keep it level. Leans very bad toward the side of the slideout. Leans so much that sometimes I actually lose my balance and that's after I started using support jacks under the slideout. Worst thing I ever bought in my life. Very disappointed since I believed greatly in the Coleman name.
- Rai ONeal, Texas

2020-02-18 2019 Dutchmen Coleman Lantern 262BH View Listings

We have had our 2019 coleman lantern 262bh for a year and it has been one problem after another. The first day hauling the driver side taillight flew off going down the road. The propane keeps faulting half way through out bottles so no cooking on the stove no running the heater in the winter and no hot showers. The first week the floors warped and the bottom screw on the door locked snapped off inside the door. We have already replaced the furnace igniter. There is a bad leak above the queen size bed that has ruined my brand new $300 mattress. Of course you cant get any repairs done unless you drag it to a dealer and you cant do that when you are living 100s of miles from the nearest place working 6 days a week on the pipeline. This camper is one problem after another run far far away from the Coleman name!
- Kelli Spillane , New Mexico

2020-02-14 2018 Dutchmen Voltage Triton 3561 View Listings

2018 Dutchmen/Keystone Voltage Triton 3561 Toy Hauler. Overall like the trailer. What I don't like is that the ramp broke while loading my 2019 Can Am X3 Two Seater. The ramp is rated at 3000# based on what the manufacturer told me. I had to get a certified weight for the Can Am in my discussions with the manufacturer. It came in at 1780 #. We bought the trailer from La Mesa RV. When I brought it to their attention La Mesa said it was a manufacturer issue and washed their hands of it. NOT GOOD! In contacting the manufacturer, which is now KEYSTONE, they told me to get a certified weight of the Can Am which I did. They have delayed, delayed and delayed. They have done NOTHING. A ramp built to 3000# and cracks at less than 1500# is a manufacturers DEFECT and should be covered. Both La Mesa RV and Keystone do not back their products and I STRONGLY suggest all BUYERS stay away from doing business with them. I have turned it over to my insurance company. Please tell all of your camping friends, do NOT recommend Keystone RVs nor La Mesa RV.
- Larry E., California

2020-02-10 2014 Dutchmen Kodiak 298RLSL View Listings

I love this pretty and functional RV. Spacious, comfortable, and functional. Easy to tow, easy to relax in. Two new a/c units make it super comfortable in the hot days of summer, and propane heat makes it cozy in the fall and winter. Spacious refrigerator and freezer, functional stove and oven. Lots of elbow room in bathroom and private bedroom. Tons of cabinet space and storage areas. Perfect for a couple, but can sleep 6 with the large pull out sofa and dinette that converts into a sleeper. Entertainment center has comfy dual recliners. Well maintained and kept super clean!
- Mary C-S, North Carolina

2020-02-10 2016 Dutchmen Kodiak 223RBSL View Listings

This is a sweet RV for 2 travelers. Easy to manage and light to tow. We camped across the USA with many a wonderful evening by the campfire and many a wonderous day in the National Parks of the USA.
- Stu, Connecticut

2020-02-08 2019 Dutchmen Aspen Trail 1900RBWE View Listings

We bought a 2019 Dutchmen Aspen Trail new in late 2018. We have enjoyed camping in it but are really disappointed with the lack of customer service from the dealer and especially from Dutchmen. We had a problem with mice getting into the camper and when I crawled underneath to look, I found several places where the coreplast was not placed properly which left big gaps for mice to get in (and possibly cold air). We contacted Dutchmen and sent them pictures but they just tell us that it is out of warranty. So much for their website claim of “Every RV. Every nook and cranny. Every single time.” They also claim to do a PDI; “100% Pre-Delivery Inspection” but we don't see how that possibly could have happened in this case. Also, the jacks were rusty from Day 1. I wanted to give a 'zero' for the Factory Warranty/Support category but it wouldn't let me.
- Bill Tuscher, Pennsylvania