Dutchmen Reviews on RV Insider (290)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Dutchmen RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Jim from Utah says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2017 Dutchmen Aspen Trail 2810BHS View Listings

Nice floor plan. Tall interior which is great. Seems to have trouble running the fridge and a/c at the same time. Fridge has to be manually unplugged (no switch to choose propane or electric) to force it to run on gas. Power source might not have been completely up to snuff when this happened but still seems like a really stupid design to have to remove panel and unplug to have the fridge run on gas if your plugged into power.
- Jim, Utah

2021-02-24 2001 Dutchmen Sport 19T View Listings

I'm selling my 2001 dutchmen camper looking to up size for me and my family. It has one little hole in floor by closet. I have repatched the roof has no leaks. It has one slide out. I have taken out the pop out couch and replaced it with a love seat.
- Christopher, Texas

2021-02-10 2020 Dutchmen Aspen Trail 2810BHS View Listings

Do not recommend purchasing these trailers. We bought a brand new 2020 Which included the one year warranty plus the best extended warranty the dealer offered. Our trailer has been in the shop more then it has been camped in. It has had Several issues including the studs in the walls not being in the right place and the wall panels falling off. The sensors for the grey and black tank both being installed into the black tank, both sinks leaking, awning leaking, black water flush out installed backwards most of all the steps coming apart from the frame at the weld. The dealership Service department submitted to have this fixed under warranty as you can tell it was not welded correctly. Keystone refuses to fix the issue saying it had impact damage (it did not) or that its weight limits has been exceeded. Instead of fixing an issue With their product being faulty. Do not waste your money on any keystone product. They don’t care about customers who spend thousands of dollars on their products
- Chrystle Fuentes, Idaho

2021-02-10 2017 Dutchmen Aspen Trail 3010BHDS View Listings

My son lived in this RV for a few years, with his daughter visiting. They loved it. It is very livable, roomy, and allows for separate space still in the same home. The bathroom is a good size even for a larger adult.
- Irene Morgan, Arizona

2021-02-04 2020 Dutchmen Voltage V4185 View Listings

For the price of the unit very poor workmanship. Convection oven smell like it’s going to catch fire every time it’s used. The furnace short cycled , no heat going to garage, propane tank hold downs don’t work. The oven won’t stay lit it keeps going out when you try to bake anything. Trim was coming off The fans in the back of refrigerator broke and were laying in the bottom of the unit. The wiring is a nightmare huge holes to put a few wires through. Had to replace a valve under the sink. On top of all that our dealership parts dept and repair shop suck.
- Keith A Jenkins, Florida

2021-02-01 2020 Dutchmen Kodiak Lite 201QB View Listings

We bought this at the Seattle RV show in 2020. We liked the floor plan and storage. Upon getting the trailer home and working on it I started to discover the total lack of pride of workmanship. The drawers next to door would not stay closed and the faces were damaged when they hit the steps. The drawer under the frig was not properly installed and the slide rails pulled loose from the cabinet framing and it would not stay closed. The bath fan fell apart on the way home. Handles on the closets pulled loose due to thread stripping in the handles. Holes for outlets were made with a hammer rather than a saw; holes were just ragged openings. When looking behind the drawers and power panel the wiring was just thrown in, no attempt to organize or put in wire bundles. No access to the by-pass valves for the water heater resulting in not being able to winterize the trailer without wasting gallons of antifreeze. TV, Panasonic 42 inch, was a home unit, not one designed to be in a trailer. The Furrion radio face was just blank, could not see what was on it. No manual with the trailer except for a generic one that applied to all Keystone/Dutchmen trailer; there were manufacturer manuals for specific items such as the microwave but not one for this model of trailer. When I asked specific questions of Dutchmen Support they could not answer them and just referred me to the dealer; as an example one question I asked concerned a switch on one panel that was labeled "Electric". Only after asking the question on the Dutchmen forum could I get an answer; customer support is a joke. It has taken over two months to get parts under warranty so the trailer has just been sitting there waiting. Our previous trailers, Forrest River, were much better made and their support was excellent.
- Ken Larson, Washington

2021-01-20 2020 Dutchmen Kodiak 289BHSL View Listings

Love this Travel Trailer! Great layout, not too heavy or big to tow. Our Kids love this trailer. Lighting is good, USB outlets helpful. Bath in a good size and lots of storage options. Would buy again.
- ppetro, California

2021-01-07 2010 Dutchmen Grand Junction 355RL View Listings

Selling yachts and RVs leave RV sellers 2nd in line to any effort put toward selling their RV. Your salesperson would rather be on “the high seas”! Avoid any salesman with Capt. in their communications. After 2 years with Pop, I finally showed and sold my RV myself, but Pop was on the phone asking for their money before the sun went down. Not a good experience.
- William, Florida

2021-01-05 2005 Dutchmen Express 23A View Listings

We love our RV! The floor plan is great. I appreciate the three separate sleeping areas and that we have everything we need in 24ish feet. The storage is decent for a small space. I have been happy with our purchase. We bought it second hand, so I don’t know about warranties.
- Kat, Florida

2021-01-03 2018 Dutchmen Voltage Triton 3561 View Listings

Bought the trailer new the heater didn't work after pulling ing 100 miles to my deer lease. The dealership Explorer FT.Worth said the wiggle and giggle of the road sometime throws things out of wack.? Not supposed to move? Why the wheels? Said it was fixed sent it back. Never worked correctly so I took it back again. They couldn't find an issue. Hauled it to Yellowstone. No heat at 22 deg. Took it back they blamed 3000 mi and the propane from up north? again it has wheels. Propane is propane. Repaired myself, repairing a loose wire in control box. Landing gear won't lift trailer. Took it over twice for them to not find an issue both times. Today I had to lift it manually with a truck jack as I extended the legs.For the third time. Drawers falling apart had to repair personally. Top bunk in garage wouldn't work gear box rod came out. Then I had to adjust cause the pins would not go in. Now he latest the awning that has only been out twice is falling off. I was told we use the trailer too much.? Again it has axles, wheels, tires. I assume its to be used. 20,000 miles over 2 years is not that much. POS?
- Joe Eades, Texas

2020-12-16 2017 Dutchmen Denali 307RLS View Listings

Poor workmanship. Slide where table is located leaks like a sieve so anytime there's rain or precipitation I have to close the slide. Cupboard doors don't latch. Bathroom door doesn't latch. Doesn't warm up inside unless temp is set at 80. Had to have a leak repaired over the couch not even 6 months after we bought it and that was fight to get done. As another review stated warranty is only as good as the dealer where purchased. I personally think Dutchman should have to buy back these lemons, because as a widow on a fixed income I cannot afford the repairs for their shoddy work.
- Dianne Clewien, Oklahoma

2020-12-13 2020 Dutchmen Astoria 3173RLP View Listings

We thought we had found the perfect 5th wheel, great floor plan, beautiful interior, all the features we could imagine and then some... then we took it out on our first trip. We began having numerous issues from the first day... much of the interior wood trim fell off, refrigerator quit, water heater worked on and off randomly so I started off retirement researching problems and doing repairs. Then 2 days ago the water heater shorted out and started a fire! Fortunately I was here when it started and grabbed the fire extinguisher, pulled the pin and pushed the button... NOTHING!!! I frantically began tearing apart the buffet to get to where I could reach the flames and somehow managed to beat the flames out with a piece of wood I tore off the buffet. Through it all the breaker never kicked out and the smoke alarms never went off! Had I not been here we would have lost our brand new RV, pets and all... had it happened in the middle of the night I am certain my wife and I would have perished along with them. After clearing out the smoke I called Dutchman to make a warranty claim and let them know I was heading to the ER for issues with smoke inhalation... if it was my company, I would have at least called a customer that our defect could have killed to check on them and assure I would get to the bottom of all the safety issues and correct them, Obviously Dutchman doesn't feel the same. I don't know what it will take yet to get it repaired and don't know if we will ever feel safe in it again!
- Dan Ramthun, Wisconsin

2020-12-11 2014 Dutchmen Voltage 3105 View Listings

I bought the rv used from a dealer in Florida. My first mistake. The first time I tried it out was the day after the purchase. I started having problems with the Schwintech slide on the livingroom. After several attempts to get the problem resolved I had a tire blow and this caused enough damage to the slide to warrant further investigation. The repair shop I took the unit to discovered the roof on the slide had been leaking since it was manufactured which rotted the entire outside wall and floor. When the repair shop tried to repair it was descovered the slide had no framing supporting the outside window..just 2 sheets of 1/4 in plywood laminated to the styrofoam. In 20 years of repairing rv's this is the worst contruction the rv repair shop has run into. The total cost so far is over 15k and I finally have the unit back. Dutchmen should have a class action suit against them for this. I am just wondering if there is any legal action that can be taken.
- marvin burns, Arkansas

2020-11-23 2020 Dutchmen Voltage 4175 View Listings

Purchased a Voltage 4175 planning on this being our forever camper with my husband retiring from the military in about 3 years and us traveling. The $$ was a HUGE purchase for us. This is the biggest piece of crap we have ever purchased!!! Nothing but problems!!! Their quality control is NON EXISTENT. Have a huge list of stuff my husband fixed himself (like TV eye being below the counter) Propane bottles not fitting properly because of how mounts were installed. He rerouted the battery cable spaghetti mess. Reattached trim...all little stuff. Every time you move it, wire nuts fall off of stuff because they are put on but not crimped. Every time you find a wire nut or screw, just throw it in the drawer. The first big road trip, the fresh water tank leaked (ended up being a whole in the hose). There was a bolt coming up from underneath the flooring so we sat a suit case over it the entire trip so nobody would walk on it and wear it through. All of the pantry shelves collapsed--including the one that only had paper products on it. One of the things we liked about the 4175 was this little counter by itself near the pantry...thought it would make a great "coffee bar". Yeah, bad idea. Its has electrical issues, you can't plug the coffee pot in and have either the heat or AC running in the center of the camper or it kicks out (does NOT do it with the front or rear AC/Heat running). Dealer replaced a GFI outlet (the outlet in the bathroom and bedroom only worked when it felt like it as well) and said that fixed the problem. Did NOT fix the problem--apparently they did not Load test it. Even with all of these issues, the one that has me the most furious is after our trip we were cleaning the garage of the camper and found small screws all along the wall. Realized they came out of the upper bed and the mattress was falling off of the frame! Thank goodness nothing happened because during that trip my 7 year old grandson and 2 year old granddaughter had been sleeping on the jack knife sofa below with their parents on that top bed!!!!! There was also something wrong with the awning arms and they had to be replaced. The stove was just awesome. When the kitchen slide was in, I had to put a pool noodle on the oven door handle and tape it fast because it would rub on the drawer handle across from it. The list of problems with this piece of crap just goes on and on. Each side of this camper has 3 wheels. Found a split in the center tire on the right side. They said it was NOT warranty cause it was an impact hit??? I guess the 2 other tires on that side floated over top of this so called impact? It was a tire defect, the tread separated. And when you look up the rating for the tires they put on it and the weight of the camper---the tires are maxed out. Shame they cant put better tires on it. All of this for the amount of money we pent just makes me sick!!!!!!!!!! They should be ashamed for putting out this quality of JUNK and stealing peoples hard earned money!! We will tell everyone we know not to buy a Voltage unless you have money to throw away and you never want to see it because its sitting at the RV place waiting for warranty work. And one last pet peeve of mine for this camper. The half bath in the garage, for what this thing costs, they could put a nicer sink in the damn thing....not something that looks like a 5 bucket screwed to the wall.
- Brenda Brown, Pennsylvania

2020-11-16 2021 Dutchmen Kodiak 3321BHSL View Listings

paid cash for 2021 kodiak was total unsatisfied with quality nails sticking thru trim boards out door kitchen door bent would not lock ,under belly was not screwed on took it to Bob hurley tulsa took them month an still did not fix what i pointed put the stuff they did fix was very bad qaulity of work employee was watching tv an eating in my camper VERY BAD PLACE TO BUY A CAMPER SERVICE IS HORRIBLE THEY WILL NOT RETURN PHONE CALLS NEW CAMPER VERY POOR QUALITY OF WORKMANSHIP
- johnnie, Oklahoma

2020-11-08 2015 Dutchmen Voltage V3005 View Listings

This was the shortest 5th wheel toy hauler I could find that still had a separate garage. I didn't want to have to take out all my bikes for an overnight stop. It also has the bathroom door outside the master bedroom which I prefer. Plenty of power outlets, inside and out. Easy to tow. I used a F350 diesel and sometimes almost forgot the hauler was back there.
- Robert Sissons, California

2020-11-05 2015 Dutchmen Voltage 3905 View Listings

I do not personally like their service. Many times they give us a quote to fix something and when we go pick it up, their prices are extremely higher and they don't even fix everything broke. Goodbye
- Kris, Iowa

2020-11-01 2020 Dutchmen Coleman Light 2715RL View Listings

The flip out couch hits the the window cover. Tv door hits ac. Farm sliding door hits tolet lid. LED light strip 4 lights on it have gone out after 6 months tv door hits LED light on roof had shave down to stop it. Led running lights on front starting to come off. One side works only half the time. Everything else with the camper has been extremely good. This is second camper I've ever had the chance of living in. And just feels cheap made now days like everything else. Feels like build in China yano.
- Wesley, Alabama

2020-10-31 2020 Dutchmen Kodiak 332BHLS View Listings

This has to be the worst camper/company ever. I purchased this camper for camping, but also because my husband is in the military and it take awhile to find housing while moving. Well after having this camper for 1 months this thing started to fall apart. Delamination and floor rot. I contacted the company and the have had my camper for 3 months and I can't get a hold of anyone. I am currently living with friends and waiting for housing because of this.
- Joey, Arkansas

2020-10-14 2021 Dutchmen Coleman 300TQ View Listings

I am going to start off with the positive report on our new 2021 Coleman 300 TQ toy hauler, we absolutely loved the floor plans and the new colour options, fireplace, beaver tail in the storage for ease of loading our toys, area, power stabilizers, etc. We should have looked at other manufactures but trusted what our dealer was selling us, we ordered the trailer spring of 2020, when the trailer arrived in July 2020, several items where not correct as to what was ordered. 1. The benches that came in the toy hauler part had no “skirts” and were the wrong benches. Not the ones we ordered. (replaced free of charge) 2. Happy jack queen bed was installed, that we did order, cost to me was an extra $1800.00 for it, or we would have had to wait approx. three months to have another trailer ordered. 3. After picking up the trailer we headed down the road and it was noticed that siding on drivers’ side of the trailer was ballooning out between the front corner and the bedroom window. Outdoor shower lid was flapping in the wind, so was the electrical cover, we had to find a store to purchase duct tape to keep them shut. At that time the dealership was closed, we couldn’t return. Over the next few days we noticed the following: 4. Inside panel on drivers’ side was not attached to wall. Received Warranty 5. The dining room tables leg holders {mounts} were in the wrong spot, 6. The wood trim on slide is bowed out. 7. We could get our local radio station 20km away from our home, found that the antenna wire was coiled in behind the stereo not hooked to the antenna. 8. The exhaust fan above stove does not work. Still waiting on warranty. 9. The freezer frosts over on the top of the door, the top of the inside and the back, no matter how low you turn the control. still waiting on warranty 10. Outdoor shower door was warped and would not stay closed in lock position, it was replaced but when we used it there was No cold water at the outdoor shower, found flex line in behind kinked. We fixed 11. The power tongue jack broke three days after we got the trailer home. Received warranty. 12. Bathroom sink lines leaked. We fixed 13. Could not understand why there was no heat from the duct going to the toy storage, found 6ft of extra flex pipe coiled up under the bathroom sink vanity, I cut six ft out and no problems with air flow. 14. The biggest problem we are having is all the caulking on the roof is separating form the roof membrane, and cracking at every seam, picture have been sent to the dealer, and speaking the dealer today they stated that Dutchmen will not cover the caulking, this trailer is only 4months old, would I buy another Dutchman product? well I think you know the answer. There was no proper install with this trailer and the craftsman ship is aweful. This is unacceptable for any company to be sending out trailers in this condition. We sent an email to Dutchman and they asked for a list of problems. We sent and their reply was take it to a dealer and submit for warrenty! Dutchman does not seem to worried about any of it and take forever to get back or to send parts to Action Trailers.
- Margaret Binkley, Ontario

2020-10-13 2012 Dutchmen Infinity 3640RL View Listings

Worst experience of our life! We went and picked it up and the slide outs didn’t work. Had to take it 30 miles back for repair. Electrical problem. Went to go to a campground again.... no luck. Now the jacks won’t go down. 37 !!!! Calls later we found some local person to help us. No one at Dutchman cared.....and you could tell. Don’t ever buy one of these. I have a two month old camper that I can’t even use. It’s a piece of junk. The customer service is horrible and the workmanship is worse. I want a refund. I’m calling my lawyer tomorrow. This is a scam. This is 2012. Not old. What the hell,,
- Laura Meyer, Maryland

2020-10-11 2020 Dutchmen Kodiak Lite 201QB View Listings

We purchased this TT to replace a smaller one. The workmanship is pathetic, drawers will not stay closed because the glides were not installed correctly, cabinet handles were stripped (not the screws but the handle itself) and come loose every time they are pulled on, vent handle in bath falls off due to thread stripping. The fresh water tank leaks, luckily under the floor and drains outside. The cold water plumbing under the sink has a "T" connection in the line with the branch going to an off/on valve the output of which is an open tube, not connected to anything. When looking inside the cabinets it looks like the installers used a hammer to create opening in walls to pass wires and plumbing through. The wiring is like spaghetti, just thrown in with no thought to organization. There is construction debri everywhere which should have been cleaned up. The water heater is supposed to have a bypass but there is no way to access it without tearing the cabinet apart or creating an opening in the exterior wall. There are no covers over the vents on the roof like quality trailers have. The thermostat is a really cheap one that costs less than $10 at WalMart, the kind that is spring loaded and would spring back to off after being set and it only operates the heater, not the A/C. The factory specifications indicate that a DVD player is standard but there is not one. The factory specifications state that the tires are 205/75R15 but the tires on the trailer are 205/75R14 and are an off brand that should not be driven over 50 MPH per their speed rating. The 12Vdc wiring is all 6 gauge whereas for the amp load in the trailer it should be 2 gauge. The shore power is 30 amp; the minimum wire size for 30 amp is 8 gauge which the factory used, however, because the A/C, microwave, refrigerator all require a higher amperage the wiring should be a larger gauge if multiple devices are running at the same time, at least 6 gauge in my opinion. Circuit breakers in the power panel were double taped when there are open circuit breaker locations on the bus. I weight 205 lbs and when I lay on the mattress it bottoms out so it is like laying directly on the plywood base. My impression is that the factory line workers did not give a (bleep) about quality nor pride of workmanship. Just crank the trailer out as fast as you can, just make it pretty on the surface. I contacted Keystone support with several questions; their only response was to contact the dealer we had bought from; seemed to me they did not know the answer and were not willing to ask anyone else. My recommendation after owning several trailers is to look at other manufacturers/brands. Our last trailer was a Forest River which I had no complaints about; it's quality was far superior to Keystone.
- Ken Larson, Washington

2020-10-08 2020 Dutchmen Voltage Triton 3531 View Listings

We bought the voltage feb. 2020 and before we left the lot, noticed things that needed repair; scratch on window, crack in toilet bowl, dried glue in sink, wall seam separating. We were told it all would be warrantied. Then we saw loose trim, loose cabinet, faulty drawer, leaking lower compartment. Took it back for the warranty work , on the way the fireplace fell out, then were told the company denied our window repair so our dealer told us it would be best if we contacted the company directly; they replaced the window. 4 months later, went to pick it up and husband noticed it had been hit and damaged while it was in the shop and no one noticed! So he left it there so they could repair the damage. Good thing we cancelled our vacation in June because it wasn’t ready anyway. September husband took it out for a weekend. When we were packing to go and opened the slide, the whole length of carpet beside bed was wet. Exterior paint smeared, black stop coming loose, and black panel buckling. While he was gone, he noticed more problems. AC wouldn’t shut off, drawer wouldn’t stay shut,loose trim, broken wood around fireplace, same seam not smooth, same compartment leaking,etc. We have had trouble with middle jacks-we had to call 3rd party for help as dealer wasn’t able to help us- problem with hitch- clunking. Voltage back to the shop again end of September and today is oct. 8. Supposed to have a rep from keystone go check it out. We have not been able to really use it . Very poor quality, workmanship. Very unhappy , dissatisfied. My husband did like the shower and the bed, and microwave. Like the floor plan and happy to have big fridge , cabinet in bathroom and 2nd toilet.We had a very difficult time with the 3 steps, the first step comes to my knee , it really should have a 4th. I wish the top bed above couch could come down lower than it does. Kitchen cabinet corners stick out too much. This brand new unit should mot have this many issues Right now I just have bad feelings and don’t know if I will ever enjoy it. Unfortunately, Not worth the money; poor quality. Probably would not recommend the store or this particular model.
- Leslee nace, South Carolina

2020-10-06 2013 Dutchmen Coleman 271RB View Listings

Best camper I ever owned. Craftsmanship is great. Floor plan with 2 large slide outs and rear bath makes staying long trips very enjoyable. Front storage is crazy big goes entire width of camper with access on both sides. Center island with large counter tops great for cooking or whatever you want to do inside. Weight is well balanced for the long pull and Large grey and fresh is unheard of in campers today.
- TR, Michigan

2020-10-06 2021 Dutchmen Coleman Lantern LT 17B View Listings

Drove 1200 miles in July to get the RV from Camping World in Tyler, Texas. The worst experience started there. Price was different than they said and didn't offer any extras we had to even buy a Jack Plate to unhook. Drove it around for 7 days. Fridge popped open while driving and damaged the floor. Not covered ok we will fix it. As we continue to drive things started to fall apart boards began to come unattached as we quickly realize everything was put together with staples and glue. Again not covered so we spent the next week hammering all of the trailer back together. Parked it for five days then headed off for next trip. Got to our destination and the shower was cracked. Called it in for service at camping world in Mesa, Az who couldn't get it in till September. Finally get it in for service and Keystone won't cover. Argued for a month finally covered half. Two adults two young kids and a dog tight but doable. Add in the fifth or sixth person it says you can do and boy is it like a sardine in a tin can. And it sure does smell like a sardine in the tin can because the AC don't blow halfway through. It's made like crap and their customer service goes right along with their crap product. Save your money save your headache save your time buy something else or don't buy anything at all. The only good thing I have to say about the trailer is it's light and easy to tow but boy does it flex like a gymnast warming up for the olympics.
- Jennifer, Arizona