Dutchmen RVs Reviews (188)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Dutchmen RVs Reviews and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of these RVs.

Jim from Utah says:

Have you owned any Dutchmen RVs? Write a review

Voted Most Helpful Review 2017 Dutchmen Aspen Trail 2810BHS View Listings

Nice floor plan. Tall interior which is great. Seems to have trouble running the fridge and a/c at the same time. Fridge has to be manually unplugged (no switch to choose propane or electric) to force it to run on gas. Power source might not have been completely up to snuff when this happened but still seems like a really stupid design to have to remove panel and unplug to have the fridge run on gas if your plugged into power.
- Jim, Utah

2019-08-21 2017 Dutchmen Aerolite 2320BHSL View Listings

Overall great camper for us. We've had a few issues but Dutchmen has taken care of them each time. Only major problem we had was a bearing failure (less than 300 miles on the trailer). Even when Lippert denied the claim Dutchmen stepped up and replaced the axle under warranty even though it wasn't their component (fault). I have since replaced all bearings and seals with Timken bearings and use a high quality grease instead of that crap from the Lippert factory. It tows easily and straight , no sway, looks good, and after a year of some good use, seems to be holding up well. Everything seems solid and well built. Don't see any reason it won't last many more years. We do keep it out of the weather when not in use. I wish they would use Dexter axles and self adjusting breaks. Also I wish there was an A.C. vent in the top bunk. It can get a little warm up there. But overall I am satisfied with the camper. As with any moving mechanical thing it does require constant maintenance/work/money. If your not prepared to keep on top of the maintenance or pay someone to do it don't get a camper.
- Philip, North Carolina

2019-08-20 2017 Dutchmen Denali 325RL View Listings

I am extremely disappointed, unhappy, disgusted and angry with Keystone and it's affiliates. There was a manufacturer's defect in our Denali that resulted in water damage. The dealership discovered that the awning and drain spout were improperly installed at the factory which resulted in water wicking in and delaminating the flooring material. This was all discovered long before our warranty ran out. Now Keystone is declining to rectify this problem. In the words of their voice mail, "We decline to participate", in other words, not honouring their warranty. We have not received a detailed explanation as to why. We did our due diligence by bringing it for repairs in a timely fashion. So fellow RVers, stay far away from Keystone products. If I could have given them 0 stars for service and warranty, I would have!
- Howard Wirsch, British Columbia

2019-08-18 2019 Dutchmen Coleman Lantern 337BH View Listings

Me and my wife bought this camper one year ago found rot in all three slide outside think water is weeping up through the water resistant barrier into the untreated plywood it is in the shop now for three slide floor replacement they are checking the seals calking witch is just fine but wen I get it back I will be water proofing the black barrier and installing retractable slide roof covers awnings to help keep the water off and out at1500 my cost love the camper hate how its built
- Dustin danos, Louisiana

2019-08-13 2017 Dutchmen Kodiak 255BHSL View Listings

This is the first new RV I have purchased. Never imagined that I would be back to dealer with so many warranty issues on a new unit (Western RV was awesome about all the repairs). On top of many small issues such as leaking low point water valve, missing blind brackets, button snap door screws falling out of door I had some big issue. Main problems included separating sidewall (rain entry point) from molding along front cap on 3 separate occasions which was finally resolved by installing bigger molding. Also main floor to frame bolts being stripped loose. Cheap, improperly galvanized screws rusting and falling off along underbelly. Vinyl floor was turning fluorescent yellow in several places. Speaking with other new RV owners not sure any other brands are much better given they all use the same components. Other new RV seem to also have these issues and if I find a brand that does not, I will be sure to buy from them next time.
- Patrick Klassen, Alberta

2019-08-10 2006 Dutchmen Tundra 27FKDSL View Listings

We fell in love this Travle Tralier when we first saw it compared to many others we looked at. It has a fantastic floor plan with open space living in the kitchen lounge area. The double bed in the back bedroom is very comfortable & plenty of cupboard space for clothing etc. We installed a new awning when we purchased it. The tyres are fairly new as & in good condition. It has airconditioning & great music system with speakers throughout the trailer to enjoy a relaxing time camped up somewhere beautiful. We have owned it for 2 years & have thoroughly enjoyed our travels as a family, but are now ready to hand it over to the next lucky person who is looking for an adventure & travel experience in this beautiful country.
- Wendy Mahoney, Arizona

2019-08-05 2013 Dutchmen Aspen Trail 2810BHS View Listings

Bought brand new in 2012. The auto ignition on the stove has never worked. Been really nice except, this year we have severe water damage from the roof leaking. There was no physical evidence until now. Our insurance appraiser told us that it’s been leaking for years buy the amount of damage that has been done. Manufacturers defect. We take care of our stuff, and the warranty department won’t do anything. I peeled back the roof and there was black mold and the wood was totally rotten. This really sucks. Wish I could post pics.
- Bryan Ashment, Utah

2019-07-31 2018 Dutchmen Coleman Light 1625RB View Listings

The first season, first day we found the awning support was bent. After fighting with Camping World over who would pay for it and losing most of the season with it in the shop, they finally replaced it. First trip out the seam tape on the walls began falling off, the large overhead wood trim on the slideout fell off and various other items broke. Second season now and camper has been in the shop for over 2 months with a bad window, the same awning arm is loose and the front tongue section of the frame is bending upward. 2 seasons and no camper for most of each. At least we get free parking on camping worlds lot. Time to empty it out and winterize it and it's only August 1st. What a waste of 14K.
- Dennis Gingras, Wisconsin

2019-07-30 2015 Dutchmen Aspen Trail 1900RBW View Listings

We bought a brand new 2015 Aspen Trail for the floor plan. WE have had nothing but trouble. WE have put new vent covers on, replaced the water pump on a brand new trailer, replaced the circuit board in the heater twice- the heater cover vents go in allowing the water to short out the board. Now the roof is now bubbling, took it to a dealer to get fixed he said this is the third Aspen Trail he has worked on in a month with the same problem, Called the manufacturer spoke with a rude customer service rep they will not help with anything. DO NOT BUY THESE TRAILERS!
- Susan Mecham, Utah

2019-07-28 2016 Dutchmen Aspen Trail 3100BHS View Listings

We purchased new in 2016 , since then we have had issues with the kitchen slide binding on one side or the other (5 different times ) the dealer , each time says its out of sync and needs reset . I just dont understand why it keeps doing it .
- Arthur Skaggs, Pennsylvania

2019-07-23 2017 Dutchmen Aspen Trail 3010BHDS View Listings

Bought new in 2018, 2017 Aspen Trail 2340BHS. 1st TT owned and bought for the size and low price. Craftsmanship is subpar. Flimsy and cheap materials and screws backing and falling out. Undercarriage and frame - paint fell off and rusted after one trip. Exterior - screws falling out, sealant bubbling and coming off, skirting bending and bowing. Interior - dinette was not square preventing it from ever being turned into a bed, Queen mattress covered in a paper-like substance that tore on the first outing, cabinet doors won’t close square, loud water pump, windows stick and come off track. The Good - Super light and tows easily. Appliances and AC/Heater are all name brand and worked really well.
- Aaron , Colorado

2019-07-20 2013 Dutchmen Denali 261BH View Listings

Weather package makes this trailer durable for snowy weather. Bottom is insulated. Kids love the bunk bed privacy. Large refrigerator/freezer. Oven decent size, too. Had some difficulty ordering a light cover that fell off. Stable on road with 1500 Dodge Ram. Love the floor plan, and ordered this model, due to its layout.
- Anita Baresel, Colorado

2019-07-14 2013 Dutchmen Voltage V3950 View Listings

We have loved our Voltage 5th Wheel Toy Hauler. It has served as our primary home for a year, as well as our vacation home. We chose this floor plan due to having 3 teenagers, one of which is 6’ 3” tall. The queen beds in the garage and the space itself in garage have made for a perfect bedroom for our boys. The queen sized loft has been a great space for our 14 yr old daughter too. It’s also awesome having a bath and a half. We’re only selling because we’ve decided, for several reasons, to move back into a rental home until all of our kids are done with school.
- Julee McClelland , Texas

2019-07-12 2018 Dutchmen Coleman Lantern 250TQ View Listings

My husband and I purchased our Lantern Coleman brand New in April 2018. We started having problems with the roof leaking in June 2018, just 2 month after we purchased it. The roof was leaking and pulling back but, we was told it was only gassing. We have been trying to get this resolved for almost a year!!! We took a vacation last month in June of 2019 and the roof became a balloon while we was driving down the highway. The roof (rubber) pulled all the way back to the antenna. I absolutely love the style of our RV, with that being said I wish that Keystone would stand behind their warranty and the product they a manufacturing. Note: Keystone fix was to glue the rubber roof back down after it being stretched and leaking. The dealership does not even recommend doing that. “I would not glue this down you need a new roof this is a manufacture defect”. Again this is what we was told by the dealership. I feel like we just been taken advantage of! I bought a lemon... If you are looking for a RV I would recommend you buy a roof you can walk on or hard cover. Please, please read the manufactory warranty the fine print. Unfortunately what you buy is what you get!
- Tina Stockton, Oklahoma

2019-06-29 2018 Dutchmen Atlas 3132ML View Listings

Dutchmen Atlas 3132ML travel trailer. Purchased in November 2018. A near perfect floorplan for us. Large island, two refrigerators, three slides, lots of storage space, awesome kitchen, spacious bathroom. But the problems were numerous. Loose/stripped screws inside and outside of the coach. Furnace quit working after only six weeks. Problematic touchpad thermostat, awning main shaft came bent, tank pull courtesy light not working, slide trim interior screw interfered with the operation (chain drive) of the slide and caused substantial damage to the facia, major leaking with complete re-seal of the entire roof necessary, two skirt braces missing entirely, and much more. All is currently being warrantied and in the care of the dealer for two months as of this writing and not yet returned. Despite all the bad we do really love this trailer. So far Keystone is working with us and the dealer. Replacement parts acquisition is disturbingly long. We would like to mention we feel this is a very comfortable travel trailer and we are very much anticipating the return of the trailer to us.
- Arthur Grehn, Illinois

2019-06-27 2012 Dutchmen Kodiak 284BHSL View Listings

I would not recommend this rv to anyone. the interior materials are not of good quality and the cabinets are poorly constructed. The floor plan is good, but the seals on the out side are not good do to allowing water in an resulting in delamination. The adhesive in the walls will fail do to temperature changes Thor manufacture will not stand behind this, so the cost which can cost many thousands will be on you.
- David Bryan, New York

2019-06-24 2018 Dutchmen Aspen Trail 2340BHS View Listings

We purchased this unit loving the floor plan. The quality is pretty standard but the real bone of contention is warranty. The service department we deal with explained that your company will drag its heels on any warranty issue until the point warranty expires then wipe your hands clear of it. I am very glad the place I bought from explained this as I am beyond disappointed and if I could give the trailer back I would in a heartbeat. But because I cant I will be sharing my experience and if anyone I know is looking for a recreational trailer I will be doing my best to steer them away from your product.
- Lyle, British Columbia

2019-06-21 2009 Dutchmen TAB QT View Listings

If you want a efficiency room on wheels this is it. Easy to tow with the right V-6, do not even know it's there it tows so nice. Can take it places big campers can't go. The Al-ko surge brake system in the older models are great no need for electric brakes.
- Kay, New York

2019-06-20 2014 Dutchmen Kodiak 263RLSL View Listings

Do not buy !! We did a lot of research before buying and didn’t matter had trailer less than 2 years before front of trailer started separating cause rain coming in had heater problem now less then 5 years later it leaks on both sides coming in cabinets are falling apart we babied this thing and it’s a piece of crap will never ever buy another kodiak so buyers beware!!!!
- Lisa spence, Colorado

2019-06-12 2018 Dutchmen Aspen Trail 1700BH View Listings

Had a pop up since 2005. I grew up in a pop up. We looked and looked and lo and behold tis popped up, metaphorically. I was skeptical of Aspen Trail as their quality was really noticably bad a few years ago. Not so much last year. And our Dealer D & D RV in Helena MT, was great. Good price, very decent price and they tiurned the axle very inexpensively (200 bucks) making a too low RV perfect for MT. This unit is perfect for empty nesters with large dogs or a new family with kids. Unique to this is an enclosed rear bunk with the bottom at 40 inches wide. That is adult territory. And, you dont have to take the Real 4 person dinette down to sleep. It is a basic bathroom but with separate shower an Hlme Depot sells easily installible medicine cabinets. The seemed to have cheapened them 4 2019 with no cabinets above the queen bed and removing the wall above the second bunk, so look for lightly used. Yes, it is single axle with a low carrying capacity, but a great unit. Thor/Dutchmen sell the same unit under the Coleman Lantern name as like 17fq and a really nice Kodiak version for more bucks, more capacity and a fiberglass exterior. Others have the same floor plan with the difference being width. The bigger bunk and dinette are worth it particularly since these will cost the same or less. Good value.
- Karl Milhon, Montana

2019-06-07 2015 Dutchmen Aspen Trail 2710BH View Listings

The trailer itself is OK. When we purchased it, we noticed some trim on the outside that was loose, and one of the curtain rods was not attached on one end. I asked to have those two things fixed. Neither one was taken care of. The bigger issue was that we were told that the furnace and A/C had been checked out and guaranteed to work. We bought it in March, so we wouldn't have known anyway if the A/C worked. (It works just fine - no problems there.) Our biggest mistake was taking the dealer's word for it that the heat worked. It didn't. We tried using it in April and there was no heat or warm air at all. It was still under warranty, so we took it in to get checked. The furnace had NEVER BEEN HOOKED UP! So, poor workmanship in the first place, then lied to by the dealer. The warranty did cover the furnace repair, so I can't complain about that. For the two of us, it works fine. We don't have a slide, so it does get a little tight if it's raining and I'm trying to cook a meal or something. When my husband is sitting at the table, he can't get his feet under it comfortably so they stick out in my way. We did pull it 3500 miles a couple of years ago and had no trouble towing it.
- Bobbi J., Minnesota

2019-06-05 2018 Dutchmen Aspen Trail 26BH View Listings

I bought a 2018 Dutchmen Aspen Trail, when we took it out the first time we noticed a loud squeaky noise in the floor close to the slider and the floor was higher, we called Dutchmen customer service and they gave a couple places where we can take it, we decide to take to Camping world in Buford Georgia, to take care of a recall in the furnace and at the same time check the floor. The Camping World tech was 100% agreed with us that is not a normal squeaky noise, they called Dutchmen to get the ok to do a deeper inspection in the floor and they told them they don't cover that type of issue, to me this a factory issue and they tech let them know this also, I called them many times and they gave me the same answer, at the end I had to take the trailer home the way it is. DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY THEY DON'T STAND BY THEY WARRANTY OR PRODUCTS.
- Edwin Mera, Georgia

2019-06-03 2017 Dutchmen Aerolite Luxury Class 242BHSL View Listings

Great bunkhouse. Love the Happi-Jack retractable bunks so that we can store items under the raised bunks when traveling, then lower them once we got to destination. Also allows for storage between trips. Also love the automatic leveling feature. Had other campers come up and ask about it at almost every park since it requires virtually no thought or effort for perfect leveling every time. Access to all the features through the In-Command system was also nice, especially since you could access through the app as well to check levels of tanks, turn on and off lights, etc. Have had no issues with the RV thus far.
- Greg Winnell, Michigan

2019-05-28 2010 Dutchmen Grand Junction 355RL View Listings

This is a 38 ft Dutchman Grand Junction with a King Size Bed, Cedar Closet, large double door refigerator,high quality cabinets and fixtures, pop up large tv with surround sound,and confortable furniture. This unit is top of the line, very confortable,with quality fixtures and a easy pull with air ride hitch. One can easily live in it, and feel like you never left home.
- Robert Vee Botten, Minnesota

2019-05-23 2019 Dutchmen Aspen Trail 3600QBDS View Listings

Falling apart and there's a lot of factory defects. Warranty is a joke and there's absolutely no customer service representative that's receptive to the fact that I have been sold a piece of crap trailer
- Michael, Texas