Dutchmen RVs Reviews (197)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Dutchmen RVs Reviews and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of these RVs.

Jim from Utah says:

Have you owned any Dutchmen RVs? Write a review

Voted Most Helpful Review 2017 Dutchmen Aspen Trail 2810BHS View Listings

Nice floor plan. Tall interior which is great. Seems to have trouble running the fridge and a/c at the same time. Fridge has to be manually unplugged (no switch to choose propane or electric) to force it to run on gas. Power source might not have been completely up to snuff when this happened but still seems like a really stupid design to have to remove panel and unplug to have the fridge run on gas if your plugged into power.
- Jim, Utah

2019-09-23 2019 Dutchmen Kodiak Ultra Lite 248BHSL View Listings

We have been very disappointed in our new trailer. We purchased in Feb. 2019 and in June 2019, our refrigerator went when we were on a 9 day camping vacation. We lived 7 days out of coolers and friends refrigerators. We have had to work on just about every drawer in the trailer. After we would arrive at each destination, a drawer would need worked on as it came completely off the tracking or screws would come out of the floor, as the screws were not long enough to hold.In Sept. during a brief rainstorm, an awning arm snapped in half. The table was not designed to actually sit at and eat. We had to have a custom table made.The door separating the living space from the bedroom won't stay on the track, we had to put stoppers in.
- Cindy, Pennsylvania

2019-09-21 2014 Dutchmen Denali 287RE View Listings

Purchased this great looking 2014 Denali 287re rv with nice floorplan in 2015. Year 1:problem with passenger side slideout. Ripped the fiberglass siding in back. Took almost 10 months for dealer to fix. Year 3: opened up trailer in spring and 75% of trailer was 100% soaked. Had to rip out entertainment section as it was water logged and the doors had mould. Had to remove all carpets and linoleum.Had repair shop fix a lot. Had to replace both motors on the same slideout. No plumbers putty under mouldings, a thin felt was all there was. Still have water infiltration on the same slideout. Can somebody show me the weatherstripping that is supposed to be on the top of the slideout. Mine doesn't touch the slideout and I believe it should. They had no insulation around any of the exterior signal lights. I would have liked to see these types of reviews before buying this money pit.
- Peter, Quebec

2019-09-20 2018 Dutchmen Rubicon 301XLT View Listings

I purchased this toy hauler to haul my rzr in, it weighs 1200 pounds. Garage Cargo capacity is 2000 pounds. It cannot handle the load. The engineering of this camper is a joke. It hard to tow with all the frame flex and undersize axles. I have had at the dealers 2 times over this issue. The dealer has been very helpful. Keystone/Dutchmen is giving me rough time about fixing or replacing it. I would not waist my money on any camper of there's again.
- Clarence D. Lovell, Indiana

2019-09-04 2018 Dutchmen Coleman Lantern 250TQ View Listings

I bought a 2018 Coleman Lantern 262 BH from Camping World in late 2017. I have had to have work done multiple times (water heater, hose connection fitting, toilet). The greatest issue by far is the leaking roof. I was told by a repair technician that the roof was installed incorrectly, and the metal strip under the roof membrane is actually slicing it from underneath. I now have two patches on the roof while waiting to see if they will warranty the work to correct the problem.
- Chris Scalisi, Louisiana

2019-09-03 2019 Dutchmen Aerolite 2843BH View Listings

2019 Aerolite: The awning came loose. Threre was only 1 upper bolt holding the awning on place. I saw an electrical harness inside the vertical aluminum stud. Called customer service requesting a schematic of the RV. There were existing pre-drilled holes that I could use to help secure the awning. Requested a schematic to prove that I could drill more holes so as to secure the awning without drilling through the electrical harness. She told me there was no schematic. I said everything has a floor plan or schematic. She hung up on me. Other problems: The LPG harness developed a bad leak. I had to replace the entire harness. Battery straps (minor problem) have to be replaced.
- Bruce Merrill, Utah

2019-09-01 2017 Dutchmen Denali 325RL View Listings

This pile of junk was a disaster from the word go. The dealer, General RV Tampa after the sale was useless. The board under the kitchen slide was split from end to end causing the slide not to go out all the way. You can’t tell me that wasn’t known at the factory. Kept it 6 weeks and traded for a Grand Design Reflection 315RLTS. Wonderful unit and much better customer service.
- Richard Parker , Florida

2019-08-22 2020 Dutchmen Kodiak 289BHSL View Listings

Very pleased with our Kodiak 289BHSL. Have not had any issues as of yet, and by looking at reviews it looks like many of the issues customers had were prior to the company partnering with Keystone RV. I can say I am a happy customer and an experienced RVer. With many past experiences with other manufacturers, our Kodiak has been the best in terms of quality. They are made by human hands and minor flaws are to be expected in RV's. We are understanding of that, and have had absolutely no issues. I think part of what people should look at is the dealer they purchase from. That can make all the difference in the world when you buy from a good manufacturer and dealership. We are very pleased.
- Mitchell Smith, Indiana

2019-08-21 2011 Dutchmen Komfort 3230RK View Listings

Over all TV is built extremely well and seems to be much more durable than the newer models. The complete TV is aluminum frame and structure so for the size it is much lighter than the wood makes. For a lasting rv I would for sure look at Dutchman again.
- Toby, South Carolina

2019-08-21 2017 Dutchmen Aerolite 2320BHSL View Listings

Overall great camper for us. We've had a few issues but Dutchmen has taken care of them each time. Only major problem we had was a bearing failure (less than 300 miles on the trailer). Even when Lippert denied the claim Dutchmen stepped up and replaced the axle under warranty even though it wasn't their component (fault). I have since replaced all bearings and seals with Timken bearings and use a high-quality grease instead of that crap from the Lippert factory. It tows easily and straight, no sway, looks good, and after a year of some good use, seems to be holding up well. Everything seems solid and well built. Don't see any reason it won't last many more years. We do keep it out of the weather when not in use. I wish they would use Dexter axles and self adjusting brakes. Also I wish there was an A.C. vent in the top bunk. It can get a little warm up there. But overall I am satisfied with the camper. As with any moving mechanical thing it does require constant maintenance/work/money. If you're not prepared to keep on top of the maintenance or pay someone to do it don't get a camper.
- Philip, North Carolina

2019-08-20 2018 Dutchmen Kodiak Cub 176RD View Listings

BS... Jason, we love our 2018 Kodiak Cub 176RD! Yep, the one for SALE now stored within the local Laughlintown Secured Lot. We are truly sorry that YOU HAVE, AND ARE EXPERIENCING such horrendous defects and insufficient customer service. Perhaps your “Dealership” is part of your problem. We bought our “‘18 Kodiak Cub RV”, off the Apollo PA dealership lot, BRAN’-SPANKING NEW., and have not a complaint. The one adjustment needed was to a window latch, that was immediately attended to. Our Apollo PA dealership is family owned. Their attention to detail was and is beyond reproach. I couldn’t imagine a sale being released without, seemingly, any quality checking such as you seem to have experienced. Smaller, family owned, as opposed to ‘eh - perhaps some huge “volume” shops willing to push units off their lot and forget them. Jason, did you buy a new 2018 Kodiak RV, or was it used? What was/is the model, and year manufactured, of the Kodiak you purchased and used as the basis for your review? Colorado... was your unit ever used “OFF ROAD”? Our 2018 KODIAK CUB in question was and is the basis for our review. Again, we have experienced nothing like you have, and would willingly introduce the buyer of our ‘18 Kodiak Cub to our Dealership. Would you allow my buyer, if requesting, to speak to your dealership? Oh, and we are selling our RV because my husband suffers from the Rapid-Onset of a bone-fracture disease prohibiting his ability to safely handle setups and takedowns for fear of falling and refractuting. We wish you well, and likewise wish we could but keep enjoying the KODIAK RV experience we had for each of our three trips. B (& P) S.
- Bonnie, Pennsylvania

2019-08-20 2017 Dutchmen Denali 325RL View Listings

I am extremely disappointed, unhappy, disgusted and angry with Keystone and it's affiliates. There was a manufacturer's defect in our Denali that resulted in water damage. The dealership discovered that the awning and drain spout were improperly installed at the factory which resulted in water wicking in and delaminating the flooring material. This was all discovered long before our warranty ran out. Now Keystone is declining to rectify this problem. In the words of their voice mail, "We decline to participate", in other words, not honouring their warranty. We have not received a detailed explanation as to why. We did our due diligence by bringing it for repairs in a timely fashion. So fellow RVers, stay far away from Keystone products. If I could have given them 0 stars for service and warranty, I would have!
- Howard Wirsch, British Columbia

2019-08-18 2019 Dutchmen Coleman Lantern 337BH View Listings

Me and my wife bought this camper one year ago found rot in all three slide outside think water is weeping up through the water resistant barrier into the untreated plywood it is in the shop now for three slide floor replacement they are checking the seals calking witch is just fine but wen I get it back I will be water proofing the black barrier and installing retractable slide roof covers awnings to help keep the water off and out at1500 my cost love the camper hate how its built
- Dustin danos, Louisiana

2019-08-13 2017 Dutchmen Kodiak 255BHSL View Listings

This is the first new RV I have purchased. Never imagined that I would be back to dealer with so many warranty issues on a new unit (Western RV was awesome about all the repairs). On top of many small issues such as leaking low point water valve, missing blind brackets, button snap door screws falling out of door I had some big issue. Main problems included separating sidewall (rain entry point) from molding along front cap on 3 separate occasions which was finally resolved by installing bigger molding. Also main floor to frame bolts being stripped loose. Cheap, improperly galvanized screws rusting and falling off along underbelly. Vinyl floor was turning fluorescent yellow in several places. Speaking with other new RV owners not sure any other brands are much better given they all use the same components. Other new RV seem to also have these issues and if I find a brand that does not, I will be sure to buy from them next time.
- Patrick Klassen, Alberta

2019-08-10 2006 Dutchmen Tundra 27FKDSL View Listings

We fell in love this Travle Tralier when we first saw it compared to many others we looked at. It has a fantastic floor plan with open space living in the kitchen lounge area. The double bed in the back bedroom is very comfortable & plenty of cupboard space for clothing etc. We installed a new awning when we purchased it. The tyres are fairly new as & in good condition. It has airconditioning & great music system with speakers throughout the trailer to enjoy a relaxing time camped up somewhere beautiful. We have owned it for 2 years & have thoroughly enjoyed our travels as a family, but are now ready to hand it over to the next lucky person who is looking for an adventure & travel experience in this beautiful country.
- Wendy Mahoney, Arizona

2019-08-05 2013 Dutchmen Aspen Trail 2810BHS View Listings

Bought brand new in 2012. The auto ignition on the stove has never worked. Been really nice except, this year we have severe water damage from the roof leaking. There was no physical evidence until now. Our insurance appraiser told us that it’s been leaking for years buy the amount of damage that has been done. Manufacturers defect. We take care of our stuff, and the warranty department won’t do anything. I peeled back the roof and there was black mold and the wood was totally rotten. This really sucks. Wish I could post pics.
- Bryan Ashment, Utah

2019-07-31 2018 Dutchmen Coleman Light 1625RB View Listings

The first season, first day we found the awning support was bent. After fighting with Camping World over who would pay for it and losing most of the season with it in the shop, they finally replaced it. First trip out the seam tape on the walls began falling off, the large overhead wood trim on the slideout fell off and various other items broke. Second season now and camper has been in the shop for over 2 months with a bad window, the same awning arm is loose and the front tongue section of the frame is bending upward. 2 seasons and no camper for most of each. At least we get free parking on camping worlds lot. Time to empty it out and winterize it and it's only August 1st. What a waste of 14K.
- Dennis Gingras, Wisconsin

2019-07-30 2015 Dutchmen Aspen Trail 1900RBW View Listings

We bought a brand new 2015 Aspen Trail for the floor plan. WE have had nothing but trouble. WE have put new vent covers on, replaced the water pump on a brand new trailer, replaced the circuit board in the heater twice- the heater cover vents go in allowing the water to short out the board. Now the roof is now bubbling, took it to a dealer to get fixed he said this is the third Aspen Trail he has worked on in a month with the same problem, Called the manufacturer spoke with a rude customer service rep they will not help with anything. DO NOT BUY THESE TRAILERS!
- Susan Mecham, Utah

2019-07-28 2016 Dutchmen Aspen Trail 3100BHS View Listings

We purchased new in 2016 , since then we have had issues with the kitchen slide binding on one side or the other (5 different times ) the dealer , each time says its out of sync and needs reset . I just dont understand why it keeps doing it .
- Arthur Skaggs, Pennsylvania

2019-07-23 2017 Dutchmen Aspen Trail 3010BHDS View Listings

Bought new in 2018, 2017 Aspen Trail 2340BHS. 1st TT owned and bought for the size and low price. Craftsmanship is subpar. Flimsy and cheap materials and screws backing and falling out. Undercarriage and frame - paint fell off and rusted after one trip. Exterior - screws falling out, sealant bubbling and coming off, skirting bending and bowing. Interior - dinette was not square preventing it from ever being turned into a bed, Queen mattress covered in a paper-like substance that tore on the first outing, cabinet doors won’t close square, loud water pump, windows stick and come off track. The Good - Super light and tows easily. Appliances and AC/Heater are all name brand and worked really well.
- Aaron , Colorado

2019-07-20 2013 Dutchmen Denali 261BH View Listings

Weather package makes this trailer durable for snowy weather. Bottom is insulated. Kids love the bunk bed privacy. Large refrigerator/freezer. Oven decent size, too. Had some difficulty ordering a light cover that fell off. Stable on road with 1500 Dodge Ram. Love the floor plan, and ordered this model, due to its layout.
- Anita Baresel, Colorado

2019-07-14 2013 Dutchmen Voltage V3950 View Listings

We have loved our Voltage 5th Wheel Toy Hauler. It has served as our primary home for a year, as well as our vacation home. We chose this floor plan due to having 3 teenagers, one of which is 6’ 3” tall. The queen beds in the garage and the space itself in garage have made for a perfect bedroom for our boys. The queen sized loft has been a great space for our 14 yr old daughter too. It’s also awesome having a bath and a half. We’re only selling because we’ve decided, for several reasons, to move back into a rental home until all of our kids are done with school.
- Julee McClelland , Texas

2019-07-12 2018 Dutchmen Coleman Lantern 250TQ View Listings

My husband and I purchased our Lantern Coleman brand New in April 2018. We started having problems with the roof leaking in June 2018, just 2 month after we purchased it. The roof was leaking and pulling back but, we was told it was only gassing. We have been trying to get this resolved for almost a year!!! We took a vacation last month in June of 2019 and the roof became a balloon while we was driving down the highway. The roof (rubber) pulled all the way back to the antenna. I absolutely love the style of our RV, with that being said I wish that Keystone would stand behind their warranty and the product they a manufacturing. Note: Keystone fix was to glue the rubber roof back down after it being stretched and leaking. The dealership does not even recommend doing that. “I would not glue this down you need a new roof this is a manufacture defect”. Again this is what we was told by the dealership. I feel like we just been taken advantage of! I bought a lemon... If you are looking for a RV I would recommend you buy a roof you can walk on or hard cover. Please, please read the manufactory warranty the fine print. Unfortunately what you buy is what you get!
- Tina Stockton, Oklahoma

2019-06-29 2018 Dutchmen Atlas 3132ML View Listings

Dutchmen Atlas 3132ML travel trailer. Purchased in November 2018. A near perfect floorplan for us. Large island, two refrigerators, three slides, lots of storage space, awesome kitchen, spacious bathroom. But the problems were numerous. Loose/stripped screws inside and outside of the coach. Furnace quit working after only six weeks. Problematic touchpad thermostat, awning main shaft came bent, tank pull courtesy light not working, slide trim interior screw interfered with the operation (chain drive) of the slide and caused substantial damage to the facia, major leaking with complete re-seal of the entire roof necessary, two skirt braces missing entirely, and much more. All is currently being warrantied and in the care of the dealer for two months as of this writing and not yet returned. Despite all the bad we do really love this trailer. So far Keystone is working with us and the dealer. Replacement parts acquisition is disturbingly long. We would like to mention we feel this is a very comfortable travel trailer and we are very much anticipating the return of the trailer to us.
- Arthur Grehn, Illinois

2019-06-27 2012 Dutchmen Kodiak 284BHSL View Listings

I would not recommend this rv to anyone. the interior materials are not of good quality and the cabinets are poorly constructed. The floor plan is good, but the seals on the out side are not good do to allowing water in an resulting in delamination. The adhesive in the walls will fail do to temperature changes Thor manufacture will not stand behind this, so the cost which can cost many thousands will be on you.
- David Bryan, New York