Dutchmen Reviews on RV Insider (277)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Dutchmen RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Jim from Utah says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2017 Dutchmen Aspen Trail 2810BHS View Listings

Nice floor plan. Tall interior which is great. Seems to have trouble running the fridge and a/c at the same time. Fridge has to be manually unplugged (no switch to choose propane or electric) to force it to run on gas. Power source might not have been completely up to snuff when this happened but still seems like a really stupid design to have to remove panel and unplug to have the fridge run on gas if your plugged into power.
- Jim, Utah

2020-11-16 2021 Dutchmen Kodiak 3321BHSL View Listings

paid cash for 2021 kodiak was total unsatisfied with quality nails sticking thru trim boards out door kitchen door bent would not lock ,under belly was not screwed on took it to Bob hurley tulsa took them month an still did not fix what i pointed put the stuff they did fix was very bad qaulity of work employee was watching tv an eating in my camper VERY BAD PLACE TO BUY A CAMPER SERVICE IS HORRIBLE THEY WILL NOT RETURN PHONE CALLS NEW CAMPER VERY POOR QUALITY OF WORKMANSHIP
- johnnie, Oklahoma

2020-11-08 2015 Dutchmen Voltage V3005 View Listings

This was the shortest 5th wheel toy hauler I could find that still had a separate garage. I didn't want to have to take out all my bikes for an overnight stop. It also has the bathroom door outside the master bedroom which I prefer. Plenty of power outlets, inside and out. Easy to tow. I used a F350 diesel and sometimes almost forgot the hauler was back there.
- Robert Sissons, California

2020-11-05 2015 Dutchmen Voltage 3905 View Listings

I do not personally like their service. Many times they give us a quote to fix something and when we go pick it up, their prices are extremely higher and they don't even fix everything broke. Goodbye
- Kris, Iowa

2020-11-01 2020 Dutchmen Coleman Light 2715RL View Listings

The flip out couch hits the the window cover. Tv door hits ac. Farm sliding door hits tolet lid. LED light strip 4 lights on it have gone out after 6 months tv door hits LED light on roof had shave down to stop it. Led running lights on front starting to come off. One side works only half the time. Everything else with the camper has been extremely good. This is second camper I've ever had the chance of living in. And just feels cheap made now days like everything else. Feels like build in China yano.
- Wesley, Alabama

2020-10-31 2020 Dutchmen Kodiak 332BHLS View Listings

This has to be the worst camper/company ever. I purchased this camper for camping, but also because my husband is in the military and it take awhile to find housing while moving. Well after having this camper for 1 months this thing started to fall apart. Delamination and floor rot. I contacted the company and the have had my camper for 3 months and I can't get a hold of anyone. I am currently living with friends and waiting for housing because of this.
- Joey, Arkansas

2020-10-14 2021 Dutchmen Coleman 300TQ View Listings

I am going to start off with the positive report on our new 2021 Coleman 300 TQ toy hauler, we absolutely loved the floor plans and the new colour options, fireplace, beaver tail in the storage for ease of loading our toys, area, power stabilizers, etc. We should have looked at other manufactures but trusted what our dealer was selling us, we ordered the trailer spring of 2020, when the trailer arrived in July 2020, several items where not correct as to what was ordered. 1. The benches that came in the toy hauler part had no “skirts” and were the wrong benches. Not the ones we ordered. (replaced free of charge) 2. Happy jack queen bed was installed, that we did order, cost to me was an extra $1800.00 for it, or we would have had to wait approx. three months to have another trailer ordered. 3. After picking up the trailer we headed down the road and it was noticed that siding on drivers’ side of the trailer was ballooning out between the front corner and the bedroom window. Outdoor shower lid was flapping in the wind, so was the electrical cover, we had to find a store to purchase duct tape to keep them shut. At that time the dealership was closed, we couldn’t return. Over the next few days we noticed the following: 4. Inside panel on drivers’ side was not attached to wall. Received Warranty 5. The dining room tables leg holders {mounts} were in the wrong spot, 6. The wood trim on slide is bowed out. 7. We could get our local radio station 20km away from our home, found that the antenna wire was coiled in behind the stereo not hooked to the antenna. 8. The exhaust fan above stove does not work. Still waiting on warranty. 9. The freezer frosts over on the top of the door, the top of the inside and the back, no matter how low you turn the control. still waiting on warranty 10. Outdoor shower door was warped and would not stay closed in lock position, it was replaced but when we used it there was No cold water at the outdoor shower, found flex line in behind kinked. We fixed 11. The power tongue jack broke three days after we got the trailer home. Received warranty. 12. Bathroom sink lines leaked. We fixed 13. Could not understand why there was no heat from the duct going to the toy storage, found 6ft of extra flex pipe coiled up under the bathroom sink vanity, I cut six ft out and no problems with air flow. 14. The biggest problem we are having is all the caulking on the roof is separating form the roof membrane, and cracking at every seam, picture have been sent to the dealer, and speaking the dealer today they stated that Dutchmen will not cover the caulking, this trailer is only 4months old, would I buy another Dutchman product? well I think you know the answer. There was no proper install with this trailer and the craftsman ship is aweful. This is unacceptable for any company to be sending out trailers in this condition. We sent an email to Dutchman and they asked for a list of problems. We sent and their reply was take it to a dealer and submit for warrenty! Dutchman does not seem to worried about any of it and take forever to get back or to send parts to Action Trailers.
- Margaret Binkley, Ontario

2020-10-13 2012 Dutchmen Infinity 3640RL View Listings

Worst experience of our life! We went and picked it up and the slide outs didn’t work. Had to take it 30 miles back for repair. Electrical problem. Went to go to a campground again.... no luck. Now the jacks won’t go down. 37 !!!! Calls later we found some local person to help us. No one at Dutchman cared.....and you could tell. Don’t ever buy one of these. I have a two month old camper that I can’t even use. It’s a piece of junk. The customer service is horrible and the workmanship is worse. I want a refund. I’m calling my lawyer tomorrow. This is a scam. This is 2012. Not old. What the hell,,
- Laura Meyer, Maryland

2020-10-11 2020 Dutchmen Kodiak Lite 201QB View Listings

We purchased this TT to replace a smaller one. The workmanship is pathetic, drawers will not stay closed because the glides were not installed correctly, cabinet handles were stripped (not the screws but the handle itself) and come loose every time they are pulled on, vent handle in bath falls off due to thread stripping. The fresh water tank leaks, luckily under the floor and drains outside. The cold water plumbing under the sink has a "T" connection in the line with the branch going to an off/on valve the output of which is an open tube, not connected to anything. When looking inside the cabinets it looks like the installers used a hammer to create opening in walls to pass wires and plumbing through. The wiring is like spaghetti, just thrown in with no thought to organization. There is construction debri everywhere which should have been cleaned up. The water heater is supposed to have a bypass but there is no way to access it without tearing the cabinet apart or creating an opening in the exterior wall. There are no covers over the vents on the roof like quality trailers have. The thermostat is a really cheap one that costs less than $10 at WalMart, the kind that is spring loaded and would spring back to off after being set and it only operates the heater, not the A/C. The factory specifications indicate that a DVD player is standard but there is not one. The factory specifications state that the tires are 205/75R15 but the tires on the trailer are 205/75R14 and are an off brand that should not be driven over 50 MPH per their speed rating. The 12Vdc wiring is all 6 gauge whereas for the amp load in the trailer it should be 2 gauge. The shore power is 30 amp; the minimum wire size for 30 amp is 8 gauge which the factory used, however, because the A/C, microwave, refrigerator all require a higher amperage the wiring should be a larger gauge if multiple devices are running at the same time, at least 6 gauge in my opinion. Circuit breakers in the power panel were double taped when there are open circuit breaker locations on the bus. I weight 205 lbs and when I lay on the mattress it bottoms out so it is like laying directly on the plywood base. My impression is that the factory line workers did not give a (bleep) about quality nor pride of workmanship. Just crank the trailer out as fast as you can, just make it pretty on the surface. I contacted Keystone support with several questions; their only response was to contact the dealer we had bought from; seemed to me they did not know the answer and were not willing to ask anyone else. My recommendation after owning several trailers is to look at other manufacturers/brands. Our last trailer was a Forest River which I had no complaints about; it's quality was far superior to Keystone.
- Ken Larson, Washington

2020-10-08 2020 Dutchmen Voltage Triton 3531 View Listings

We bought the voltage feb. 2020 and before we left the lot, noticed things that needed repair; scratch on window, crack in toilet bowl, dried glue in sink, wall seam separating. We were told it all would be warrantied. Then we saw loose trim, loose cabinet, faulty drawer, leaking lower compartment. Took it back for the warranty work , on the way the fireplace fell out, then were told the company denied our window repair so our dealer told us it would be best if we contacted the company directly; they replaced the window. 4 months later, went to pick it up and husband noticed it had been hit and damaged while it was in the shop and no one noticed! So he left it there so they could repair the damage. Good thing we cancelled our vacation in June because it wasn’t ready anyway. September husband took it out for a weekend. When we were packing to go and opened the slide, the whole length of carpet beside bed was wet. Exterior paint smeared, black stop coming loose, and black panel buckling. While he was gone, he noticed more problems. AC wouldn’t shut off, drawer wouldn’t stay shut,loose trim, broken wood around fireplace, same seam not smooth, same compartment leaking,etc. We have had trouble with middle jacks-we had to call 3rd party for help as dealer wasn’t able to help us- problem with hitch- clunking. Voltage back to the shop again end of September and today is oct. 8. Supposed to have a rep from keystone go check it out. We have not been able to really use it . Very poor quality, workmanship. Very unhappy , dissatisfied. My husband did like the shower and the bed, and microwave. Like the floor plan and happy to have big fridge , cabinet in bathroom and 2nd toilet.We had a very difficult time with the 3 steps, the first step comes to my knee , it really should have a 4th. I wish the top bed above couch could come down lower than it does. Kitchen cabinet corners stick out too much. This brand new unit should mot have this many issues Right now I just have bad feelings and don’t know if I will ever enjoy it. Unfortunately, Not worth the money; poor quality. Probably would not recommend the store or this particular model.
- Leslee nace, South Carolina

2020-10-06 2013 Dutchmen Coleman 271RB View Listings

Best camper I ever owned. Craftsmanship is great. Floor plan with 2 large slide outs and rear bath makes staying long trips very enjoyable. Front storage is crazy big goes entire width of camper with access on both sides. Center island with large counter tops great for cooking or whatever you want to do inside. Weight is well balanced for the long pull and Large grey and fresh is unheard of in campers today.
- TR, Michigan

2020-10-06 2021 Dutchmen Coleman Lantern LT 17B View Listings

Drove 1200 miles in July to get the RV from Camping World in Tyler, Texas. The worst experience started there. Price was different than they said and didn't offer any extras we had to even buy a Jack Plate to unhook. Drove it around for 7 days. Fridge popped open while driving and damaged the floor. Not covered ok we will fix it. As we continue to drive things started to fall apart boards began to come unattached as we quickly realize everything was put together with staples and glue. Again not covered so we spent the next week hammering all of the trailer back together. Parked it for five days then headed off for next trip. Got to our destination and the shower was cracked. Called it in for service at camping world in Mesa, Az who couldn't get it in till September. Finally get it in for service and Keystone won't cover. Argued for a month finally covered half. Two adults two young kids and a dog tight but doable. Add in the fifth or sixth person it says you can do and boy is it like a sardine in a tin can. And it sure does smell like a sardine in the tin can because the AC don't blow halfway through. It's made like crap and their customer service goes right along with their crap product. Save your money save your headache save your time buy something else or don't buy anything at all. The only good thing I have to say about the trailer is it's light and easy to tow but boy does it flex like a gymnast warming up for the olympics.
- Jennifer, Arizona

2020-09-18 2020 Dutchmen Coleman Light 2715RL View Listings

My wife and I love everything about this RV, except that our truck is a bit too small to comfortably tow it across country. So we were faced with a choice of either buying a bigger truck (too expensive) or selling this brand new RV and purchasing a smaller one: about 2,000 or more less in weight and seven or more less feet in length. The RV feels solid, is great to travel with, and has everything one needs to be comfortable.
- William H, Texas

2020-09-13 2013 Dutchmen Rubicon 2600 View Listings

We bought this camper new. I had looked at them and was convinced this was for me. The quality of this camper is JUNK. First month the inverter burnt up. They covered it. The stove never worked at about 1/2 heat from day we bought it. After 4 years regulator broke and I replaced it. Wow the stove worked. The refrigerator only works on gas. Replaced water pump. It has power awning with rain dump feature. Yes it dumps the water and when it does the arms bend beyond repair . In the 3d year the water tank fell out wile we were going down the road. I could write a book about this adventure. The inside shower skylight was cracked sometime in the first year. The fuel station pump died twice now. One of the biggest things I hate about it is the edge of the cabinets that covers the plywood shrinks over time. Every piece has shrunk 2 “. The bed sucks because one of you will have to crawl over to get out.
- Tom hodkin, Minnesota

2020-09-05 2020 Dutchmen Coleman Lantern 202RD View Listings

This is the 2nd Coleman ive owned and i love it. Love everything about it. Simple rasy to set up customer service is fast and im very happy with it for the price point. I replaced the mattress with a queen short and did the trick
- Kim Seymour, New Hampshire

2020-08-30 2013 Dutchmen Infinity 3860MS View Listings

I bought a used 2013 Dutchman Infinity 43ft 5th wheel (25,000.00)in June 2018. In December 2018, We were on our way home (Washington, State) from Arizona (getting gas outside of Searchlight, Nevada) when we noticed the roof looked like it got a crack in it. We decided to stop in Las Vegas for the night at RV Park and the slides in kitchen/living room would not open. Got motel room. Finished our trip home slow and carefully due to the crack was on both sides of trailer. Husband pulled some paneling off walls to see roof frame of trailer had broke in half, both sides. We don't know how to fix it, but want others to be aware.
- Theresa, Washington

2020-08-27 2020 Dutchmen Coleman Light 2515RL View Listings

We bought this camper based on the floor plan and the Coleman brand. Wished I would have paid more attention to details. First there are no electric outlets near the “kitchen” area. I have to plug the coffee pot up near the sofa away from kitchen. Also on the drivers side of the sofa no outlet or phone charger. Coleman should have put more electric outlets in strategic places in the camper. The camper indicates there are 2 gray water tanks on the panel. Plus during walk thru the guy told us there were two tanks. There’s not. One tank that filled up on our third camping trip. We’ve since bought a “poop wagon” to drain grey water for longer camping. First camping our electric hitch jack went out and had to be replaced under warranty. When I picked up my camper after being in the shop for two months we inspected the the work and found a loose wire. We asked the technician about it and he just shrugged who the heck knows where it goes. On second camping trip the drawer under the stove came apart. Cheap shoddy construction. No satellite inlet. Cable inlet did not work with Dish satellite, so I installed my own. Good thing I did. We camped last weekend at a park that had cable tv hook up. I could not get the cable tv to work. I switched and connected through the satellite inlet - cable worked! There are some pluses. Nice kitchen, stove and three burner stove. Full size fridge, nice bathroom - but cheaply done. Bedroom functional, nice electric stability jacks. Really nice awning. If I had it to do over, I’d probably buy a different brand.
- TJ Cutchins, Florida

2020-08-26 2020 Dutchmen Atlas 3172RLKB View Listings

The floor plan is great!! I have written a review on this camper before. We finally got the water pump fixed, but now to find out the black water handle doesn't work!! Really!! Now it has to go back and get fixed again! We still didn't get all the other problems fixed yet. We wanted the water pump fixed and the step handle fixed so we could use our camper at least one or two more times this summer. ( we have only used it once before). It took 6 weeks or longer to get it back, so we missed all summer waiting for it to get fixed!! I wish I had my 2006 camper back. It was built solid and no problems. Buyer beware.....go find an older, better built camper.
- Shirley, Ohio

2020-08-26 2020 Dutchmen Kodiak Cub 177RB View Listings

Warranty work takes a while, and thats even if they decide to warranty it, they will tell you it is damage because it was not noted at the dealer as defected. I wouldnt recommend Dutchman rvs as a 1st time new rv purchaser. It has been sitting at the repair shop for warranty work more than i have been able to use it, not a quality manufacture. But good luck!
- calvin, Michigan

2020-08-25 2020 Dutchmen Coleman Light 2715RL View Listings

Well, we've loved it! It's our third RV, and this one by far is the most comfortable and livable. We were thinking we'd be using this cross-country, but decided we wanted something a bit smaller for that purpose. We also we were thinking we'd be using it for long-term work related trips, a month or more. But the work situation has changed, and that won't be necessary. But it would've worked great for that. Easy to set up, easy to tow, had we decided to keep it (we've only owned it two months ... bought it brand-new from Camping World), we'd have installed a second AC unit. It's a fine unit, well worth the price!
- Bill Holdridge, Texas

2020-08-24 2020 Dutchmen Guide 2457RK View Listings

They are so lousy with their warranty. Don't buy any camper made by keystone or Dutchman. They don't back up what they manufacture. The counters fell apart and they are going to glue them back together. They don't care about the customer. They just want your money.
- Tammy Thompson, Minnesota

2020-08-24 2018 Dutchmen Kodiak 186E View Listings

Fantastic trailer! This lightweight trailer is compact at a length of 20.75 feet. Many campsites have limited sites for longer RV's. It is also so easy to set up! We looked at pop up options that took up to an hour to set up. This is set up in a few minutes. The ends collapse and are released with two locked ends with secure bar. This space is the only canvas section which is two queen sleeping areas complete with privacy curtains and zippered enclosure for open, screened or closed options. You also have a bathroom with separate shower, toilet and sink area. The microwave, stove top and oven with fridge and freezer saves time and money with ability for cooking indoors. The outdoor shower helps with gear, utensil or kid clean up. It sleeps eight as you have the two queen sections and dining area and couch convert to sleepers. We also loved having a tv, dvd and radio to keep the kids entertained. There was lots of storage inside and under the RV. We highly recommend this RV!
- Lisa Ann, Alabama

2020-08-21 2019 Dutchmen Coleman Lantern 337BH View Listings

i purchased this unit in July of 2018. By the end of the first season, I had it back at the dealer for repairs to be made to the floor. A screw had come loose from under the slide which tore the vinyl flooring when i slid it out. The dinette booth back rest had come loose, so that had to be repaired as well. The awning wasnt installed correctly, and that had to be repaired. About a year later. About 6 months later, I noticed the main slide in the living area had a slight sag to it, i thought it was just the trim around the slide. A bit later, i noticed I had water coming in through the slide room. When you walk throught the middle of the trailer,, you can hear boards creaking because they have come loose. The cable system that drives the kitchen slide has come loose. I have had this trailer 2 years now, so I am past the bumper to bumper warranty and left with about $6500 of repairs that Dutchmen doesnt seem to want to help with. I will never purchase another Dutchmen product, and will make sure that none of my friends and family purchase one either.
- braden fyffe, Arkansas

2020-08-20 2018 Dutchmen Coleman Lantern 202RD View Listings

The Coleman Lantern is the worst camper out there. We bought this in 2018 brand new hasn't been quite 2 yrs of owning, the first trip we had to fix the kitchen faucet it was never tightened up when put together therefore it was flipping all over the place. We have had to fix the trim, one of the shades has not worked since we bought, we are now having to fix the tub pipes as the tub leaks all over the floor. Very poorly built. We paid 23k for this crap, tried trading in and the offer is 9k. Ummmm seriously dutchman needs to stop making campers this is NOT OK...... Very displeased and will never buy Coleman again or any dutchman product.
- Rebecca Hawkins, Maine

2020-08-17 2020 Dutchmen Astoria 2903BH View Listings

I purchased my brand new trailer on May 22, 2020. Seven weeks later, the entire slide mechanism malfunctioned. I had it at two dealers before I was told I needed to have it taken to the factory for repair. One dealer said they could fix it but the factory wouldn't pay them as it was more cost effective to tow it 1250 miles one way to the nearest Keystone factory. Further, it was three weeks before it was determined it was a factory repair, then to schedule the repair (originally I was told November) I had to wait almost two months before their earliest appointment, which is now September 21, 2020. The factory scheduler told me it was an eight hour job, that's one day, but she could not guarantee the trailer be completed that week and back on the road to me. In fact, I have reservations for a campground on October 7 and was told they "might" not have it back to me by then because they have to give the shipper five days to pick it up and a dealer has to check the repair before it can be delivered to me. That's confidence...they replace the slide mechanism and they think there's a chance it malfunctions on the drive home. Meanwhile, I have been dealing with their so called customer service in Indiana that cannot tell me why this one day job takes almost three months. I have offered to deliver the trailer myself to speed up the process but their offer to compensate me is the cost of diesel, nothing else. So here I sit, surfing the internet, finding more articles about how Thor Industries, Keystone, and Dutchmen has the worst quality control and kicks out the worst products. I wish I found those articles before I bought (in my defense, one was written after I purchased). https://campersmarts.com/rv-brands-to-avoid-and-why The other thing I am learning is that Keystone/Dutchmen customer service is also the worst in the industry. There have been many complaints that they don't call you back, they take a long time to resolve your issue, and overall it's just not a pleasant experience. I have tried to reach out to a level higher than the customer service but those people are well trained to protect the GM's and CEO's of the company. DON'T BUY FROM THOR INDUSTRIES! That's my advise.
- Chris Prinz, Arizona