Aliner

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Aliner RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

joe April from Florida says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2016 Aliner Aliner Scout View Listings

WE enjoy our Aliner Scout. It tows well and sets up quickly. A leak developed while towing the Aliner in the rain during the first year.For over 3 1/2 years we have been trying to get the leak fixed. The first authorized dealer fixed it 3 times and it still leaked. The second authorized dealer fixed it once and it still leaked. The factory then approved a repair utilizing an independent RV repair facility and they repaired it twice using Factory parts and it still leaks. I had to pay $110 for a portion of that repair. The factory is now recommending I take the Aliner back to the second authorized dealer(who already tried to fix it)and let them try again. I have towed the Aliner over 1,000 miles to the various repair facilities and I am not going to tow it another 400 plus miles for a fix by dealer who already tried to fix it once. I offered to fix it and release them from any further clains if they would pay for part of the repair up to $1,000. They refused. So now whenever we tow the Aliner and there is a possibility of rain we duct tape the area of the leak and protect the interior cushions.
- joe April, Florida

2021-09-02 2020 Aliner Classic 35th Anniversary View Listings

Since our last review some more things to add both good and not so. It has been a good trailer to tow and set up (even with health issues). It is comfortable to sleep in. There are a few things I've adjusted for ease of use including as mentioned in earlier review. Thermost was moved and it has been easier to use now from where it use to be. I also too k the microwave out of its cabinet and utilized the space for other things to store. All the microwave is, is a table top unit with a grille screwed on to it. I've come up with storage (being there is lack of). As for ongoing issue since last review the Dometic fridge has lost its AC (110 volt) side of the fridge. It still works on DC and gas. So when camping season is over I will take it back in to get it fixed again. So other than the issues I feel it has been a decent trailer which unless people are asking questions about only takes about a minute to put up.
- Robert Zink, Washington

2021-07-21 2013 Aliner Aliner Classic View Listings

This little popup was my first experience with towing a camper and setting up a campsite all by myself. It is very easy to tow and maneuver. There is three sources of power in this little mighty camper. You can run off electric, propane or battery power. So if you want to go off grid you are able. There is plenty of room for a family of 4 or 2 couples traveling together. Because you can tow it with a full size SUV there is plenty of room for passengers in the tow vehicle and sleeping in the A-liner. There are several A-Liner facebook groups for ideas and support, for all things Aliner, repairs, decorating and maintenance.
- Cheryl Atkins, Florida

2021-06-02 2015 Aliner Aliner Expedition View Listings

We have the expedition with 2 soft dormers. You can’t beat it for ease of towing and we love the sense of space inside. At 19ft long you can fit just about anywhere, and when enroute we can park pretty easily in 2 spaces. We have had quite a few problems with the water heater and had to replace the a/c unit, but everything aliner made is still holding up well. We took out the microwave for more storage—it’s where the dry goods live when we are set up. I love all the outside storage. The huge windows are great for enjoying the out doors too. We pull it with a Toyota 4Runner.
- Christiana Logansmith, Maryland

2021-05-17 2020 Aliner Ranger 12 View Listings

We have owned our A-liner Camper for nearly 5 years and it has been a delightful experience. When collapsed, the low profile allows you to take this unit off road with little difficulty without the typical twisting and torquing you get on typical campers. It has an astounding amount of headroom and the two of us never felt crowded. The unit is extremely easy to set up which can easily be done in less than three minutes and with little effort. Overall quality is quite good, but as with any camper, maintenance is important. What I was very happy with is the fridge running quite efficiently on propane which make dry camping so much easier. Never leaked although we were only caught in one downpour as we live in Arizona. At 1500 lbs it can be pulled by most small to mid size SUV and accessibility to anywhere you may want to go is likely. Overall, I would give A-Liner Ranger 12 a five star rating.
- John Underwood, Arizona

2021-02-26 2020 Aliner Classic 35th Anniversary View Listings

Update on a previous review. We have had our trailer now for one year. In the first year we had a few not many defects which were fixed by our dealership (Apache) in Tacoma, WA. There were some issues we had in operating things as in adjustments and our dealership helped with getting things to work right. I did get one modification done which in the long term will help. They moved the thermostat from the original position to under the sink. I purchased a cover to protect the thermostat. Being we are older adults some things are harder to do and this is why it was moved. It is very easy to set up and put down and is a well balance trailer when it comes to towing it. So far we have only put about a 1000 miles on our trailer due to the Covid restrictions. We was hoping of doing a longer trip last year it had to be canceled. We don't do much boon docking so I couldn't say how it works on just the battery. The company is really helpful when you have issues. I would recommend this brand trailer. As for holding up in the wet weather there were a few minor issues mainly around the door. The main thing I've learned is to make sure when you put it up that the roof panels should be locked in place. I would recommend that you get the wind bar kit installed. They help in raising the roof and hold the roof securely in high winds.
- Bob Z, Washington

2021-01-10 2020 Aliner Ranger 12 View Listings

New to the RV scene, my daughter and I just had a great roadtrip in this fabulous A-Liner! It is so easy to put up and take down. The size is deceiving - it is incredibly roomy inside. We added foam pads to the beds, making them super comfy. We absolutely LOVED camping this in this little guy!
- jodi, South Carolina

2020-09-15 2017 Aliner Aliner Scout View Listings

Purchased it in March 2018 from Imperial RV in St-George, Ontario (went bankrupt!). I wanted a really basic, easy to put up solid wall camper to take into the back country for really bare essentials camping (experienced outdoorsman, don’t need any toys when I camp). Spent more on this than on my last (new) car, and I’m retired on a very small partial pension, so this has been a serious disappointment, and I can’t afford the costly repairs needed. My conclusions: light, easy to put up
- Dan Martin, Ontario

2020-09-07 2020 Aliner Classic 35th Anniversary View Listings

Very pleased with this camper. Easy to set up, lots of space for the size. Can tow easily with just about anything, in my case an Subaru STI. Quality and comfort in a small pop up camper. Used it over a dozen times this year, not one issue.
- Darren H, Wisconsin

2020-06-15 2020 Aliner Classic 35th Anniversary View Listings

Ever since my first review things have been getting better. The door issues I had in January 2020 are no more. A few adjustments to prevent the quarter window from moving outward when closing solved with a stick on chair glide next to the window on the inside. Came up with storage ideas which I shared on some of the Aliner groups on Facebook. Since the pandemic thing have been out a couple times so far with more places planned. The extreme off road package helps with towing because of tire size (15 inch tires). The only thing I added was to make stairs that made it easier to go in and stepping back out. The only thing is the area around the couch where they put the thermostat. It makes it hard to get to when you make the couch into a bed. The Cool Cat A/c and heat pump work well but are a little noisy but I heard this is normal. So far being we live in a wet climate (below the Olympic Rain Forest) I have not noticed any leaks. It seems to be very air tight. As for condensation the only places is on the windows during the night. The other thing is the table leg we got (which I plan on changing) is the type has the turn lock at the bottom has attendency of coming loose when you move the table to sit down and it wobbles when you go to get up. Overall it is a great trailer.
- Bob Zink, Washington

2020-06-05 2020 Aliner Classic 35th Anniversary View Listings

We ordered our trailer through a local dealership (Tacoma, WA). It was ordered in October 2019 and it arrived from Mt Pleasant Penn to Tacoma, WA in November 2019. We picked it up in January 2020. We had some issues being a new unit (working out the bugs). The door was the main issue (broken hinge) because it was hard to close. They fixed it and now no door issue. The other issue was due to a change in counter top thickness from previous year caused a quarter window to go outward when folding the wall down. The remedy was to put a thin bumper on the wall to prevent window from resting on counter top that worked. Over all it is a great product but could use more storage
- Bob Zink, Washington

2019-08-23 2017 Aliner Ranger 10MPTLR View Listings

Everything you need in an easy to tow unit that sets up in less than a minute. Great for 1 or 2 people who enjoy the outdoors but want a hard sided tilt up for sleeping and getting out of the elements. I would highly recommend this trailer to anyone.
- Alex Ripley, Washington

2019-08-07 2014 Aliner Aliner Expedition Toilet View Listings

I have only taken five trips with this RV and they all round trips between Atlanta, Georgia and Orlando, Florida of which we spent three to four days each time. I towed our Aliner Expediton, the largest model of A-Liner, behind my 2010 Ford F-150 truck each time and it was very easy. The things we like about the Aliner Expediton are even though it was the largest model, it fit in our garage and fits in fairly small sites giving more sites to choose from. The setting up and taking it down could be done in minutes. Unlike any of the other RV's we've had setting up and taking down does not cranking cables, which can break, nor does it take power of plugging in, which may not be available, or batteries, which not be sufficiently charged, as they manually easily life up and down. It has plenty or room for two full size adults (I am about 6 foot, 4 inches tall, my spouse is 5 foot, 9 inches tall) and two children, or two fair size adults). Also when set up the interior has great head room for my height. For its size it has a huge amount of storage space. My wife like that all the windows are tinted providing good degree of daytime privacy and of course they have covers for nighttime privacy. We also liked the dual LP tanks, the AM-FM radio has both internal and external speakers, the included portable LP gas grill that hooks on the outside with gas line hook-up and the special ordered built in cable tv hook-up. The only thing we did not like was that the thermostat for the air conditioning is located under a small counter extension lid which can be raised and lower and when lowered it covers the thermostat. The Como RV centers in two locations in the Orlando, Florida area have been great in maintaining our Aliner, always willing to answer our questions we have. Every time we have set up in a campground we always have had a number of "neighbors" express a lot of interest in our Aliner.
- Richard Fehr, Georgia

2019-06-26 2014 Aliner Aliner Scout Parks Package View Listings

Awesome Rv all the way around, this unit tows well and you wouldn't even know its behind you. Never had any problems with mine and no issues with leaks at all. If your looking for a simple unit with no problems this is it.
- Al Wood, Indiana

2019-06-09 2017 Aliner Aliner Explorer View Listings

We used this camper several times. It towed very easy. Set up only took 20 minutes. The 8’ ceiling makes it very roomy inside and the air conditioner cooled the trailer off quickly even in the Florida summer and when we went camping in November the furnace keep the trailer warm.
- Keith Robbins, Florida

2018-05-12 2016 Aliner Aliner Expedition View Listings

Easy fast setup. Tows wonderfully and easily. Minimal impact to mileage. Having toilet that is easy to clean and maintain is great. Tons of room inside and spacious for its size. Has all amenities such as microwave, air conditioner, furnace, water heater, shower. Bright with large number of windows and skylights.
- Debra Parent, Ontario

2017-05-11 2017 Aliner Aliner Ranger 12 View Listings

We thoroughly enjoy our Ranger 12. It's big enough to meet our needs and yet small enough to tow and take care of without a lot of effort. Ideal for 1 or 2 people although it will sleep 4. Great for taking the grandkids camping for a few days. That's what we did.
- GRANT GEER, Florida