Winnebago Winnie Drop

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Winnebago Winnie Drop RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Ann popejoy from Texas says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2016 Winnebago Winnie Drop 170S View Listings

Upon retiring after 42 yea s, I wanted a small carefree trailer Where in I could spend several weeks or the occasional weekend. First one was 15 ft and I soon saw was way too confining. I still wanted small and it soon was between the Rpod, Hummingbird or the Drop. All three had THE floor plan, large dry bath, queen bed, awning, big close, good headroom end to end, and plenty of room for my camping stuff. I chose the Drop for 3 reasons, the fantastic vent fan in the bathroom, (no bath fan in others), the Cherry color and the best on line reviews. I didn’t like that it was low to the ground. I had it raised. Problem solved in later models. It pulls like a dream with my SUV. I’m 83 and I travel alone.
- Ann popejoy, Texas

2021-06-30 2016 Winnebago Winnie Drop 1710 View Listings

We are retired and use our winniedrop 1710 for seeing the country in. Sometimes a week, sometimes a month or more at a time. Easy to pull with our Ram 1500. Well insulated, we don’t hear outside noise when it is closed up. We have not ever had any negative issues with it. It has never leaked even though we have had it out in many storms. It is true it is small, But we only use it for sleeping and as shelter during bad weather. We won’t sell it until we are ready to stop camping. It has been perfect for us.
- B Montag, Oklahoma

2021-06-10 2016 Winnebago Winnie Drop 170S View Listings

Ive had 3 prior tt's and 3 popups. this winnebago 170k was the worst of the lot. shocking for winnebago, I know. the rails for the kitchen were woefully small, and failed. I had to replace them with something rated strong enought. the coax connection failed. had to get rewired. used awning cleaner and it jacked up the gelcoat. expensive fix. the fenders are shiny, and the sun damaged the gelcoat above beyond repair. the outside sink does not drain. had to mod that. the front faded horribly in 2 years. this camper was my nightmare, all others have been so much better, even though I realize all have problems. nightmare camper.
- dave j lafontaine, North Carolina

2021-02-12 2017 Winnebago Winnie Drop WD1780 View Listings

Dear Sir/Madam, My wife and I own a Winnie Drop, model WD1780, VIN 54CTW1H13J303****, purchased in March of 2018 from Lazydays in Florida. During the one year warranty period the dealer had to attend to seven issues: a rear window leak, the awning that was loose on one side, the side skirt of the slide-out that was loose (and still is), the holding tank indicators that did apparently not function properly (they still don't), ceiling strips that were loose (they are again), the white strip on the slide-out that touches its rubber gasket, and all three external cargo doors that were warped and leaked. After expiration of the warranty period we had to attend to the following issues: 1.A malfunctioning air conditioner, at a cost of $ 150. 2.Twice on a non operating heater, first at a cost of $ 120, later at a cost of $164, for a total of $ 284. 3.A fridge that freezes all contents (and still does), diagnosed but not repaired at a cost to us of $ 152.90. 4.An external support bracket of the sewage pipe, at a cost of $ 220. (also cleaned out the connection between the toilet and the black water tank) 5.A cracked braking drum, requiring two new drums with bearings, at a total cost of $ 486.09 (potentially a very serious hazard) If this was a car in Massachusetts it would probably fall under the lemon law. I am inclined to post a factual review on the popular social media sites, but will wait 2 weeks for your reply. Regards Ellen and Richard Lacroix P.S. We have submitted this review, more than two weeks, on "PissedConsumer", the complaints web site listed on Winnebago's own site and got no reaction from Winnebago
- Richard Lacroix, Massachusetts

2020-06-26 2016 Winnebago Winnie Drop 170S View Listings

My husband and I spent 6 months on the road with our Winnie Drop. The size makes it great to get in and out of the National Parks. We spend most of our time sightseeing...having a small camper made it quick and easy to load, clean and tow. The camper always turned heads. If you had more than 2 it will be difficult. The only thing I wish I had the slide out
- Tine, New Hampshire

2020-01-19 2018 Winnebago Winnie Drop 170S View Listings

The Winnebago Winnie Drop is the perfect size for a couple to explore the country and is easy to tow with the sway bars we bought. We get many double takes and many thumbs up because of the retro styling. It has a lot of storage under the bench seats and the closet in the bathroom fits a lot of clothing and extra storage also. We love the awning with LED lights and the stereo speakers inside and outside. We upgraded the TV to a larger smart TV and upgraded the mattress. It is our home away from home with all the conveniences.
- Sharon and Randy Fischer, Wisconsin

2020-01-08 2018 Winnebago Winnie Drop 170S View Listings

Awesome Trailer, tows easy and backs like a breeze. It’s size allowed us to travel through beach side cities with no problem. With the top of the line sway bar set (included) the trailer held the mountain roads great. It definitely was VIP traveling.
- Jeff Fischer, Wisconsin

2019-10-13 2018 Winnebago Winnie Drop 1910 View Listings

RV sellers insist we should accept poor quality workmanship And obvious dismissive view of the RV buyer. It shouldn't be care and consideration and Show of pride in your product only gets applied to expensive RV and their buyers. If American RV makers Could only feel the need to up the quality of their products to the standards seen in Europe and Australia we will all be better from it. It's old and tiring to see RVs today looking as if they were made 40 years ago. Hope to see changes soon.
- JFC, California

2019-09-18 2017 Winnebago Winnie Drop 170S View Listings

We purchased a 2018 Winnie Drop new last year. We were so excited when we downsized to this trailer. The first time we had it out and I showered, all the water poured out from the bottom of the trailer. It took 2 months for it to be fixed because the dealership was so busy. Turned out Winnebago didn't let the glue dry on the plumbing, soo the water didn't go into the grey tank. It leaked out underneath the trailer. We were really upset with the workmanship, but tried to keep a positive attitude. A few months later, we were at an RV Resort in California with the temperature at 97°. We left our senior dog in the trailer with the air conditioner running. We have a security camera in the trailer so we can make sure he's doing okay. After a couple of hours, I noticed him panting alot. We drove back to the resort right away. It was a 20 minute drive. When I opened the door, I immediately knew what was wrong. The air conditioner had stopped working. I got him outside where he immediately started vomiting from being over heated. Thank God we had a camera so we knew to come back. Otherwise I don't know if he would have survived. We brought the trailer back in. They told us the air conditioner can "freeze" up and stop working. The only thing we can do is pay $1000.00 to have a thermostat installed to ensure it doesn't happen again. I can't tell you how frustrated we are with this rig. A big reason we have it is to leave our senior dog inside when it's best for him. Now we can't trust this rig with him in it. When I called Winnebago about it when it first happened they said "that's a bummer". Really???!! So very disappointed. Worst choice in trailers ever....
- Sue B., California

2019-06-13 2017 Winnebago Winnie Drop 170S View Listings

Actually lived in this unit for just under 8 months - two adults AND two small dogs. As my wife says, it was an “intimate” experience. Easy to pull with Toyota Highlander. Did lots of research before purchasing- it was worth the extra dollars for Winnebago quality. Small problem with leak in our roof, but warranty took care of it.
- David Hungerford , Florida