Winnebago Vita

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Winnebago Vita RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

doug Uhler from California says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2020 Winnebago Vita 24P View Listings

Just purchased 2020 Vita from Phoenix LaMesa RV, VIN 8BNPF4CC7JE158401. iT HAD 1708 MILES ON IT WHEN I picked it up. I drove home to California, some 350 miles. MPG were 10. I drove it between 55 and 75 mph. It is advertised as an 18 to 20 mpg. Why the losey mileage? It also would not go faster than 50 mph on slight hills.
- doug Uhler, California

2021-06-24 2020 Winnebago Vita 24P View Listings

We love our Winnebago Vita. You will like - - Vita's size at 24.5" makes driving easy, the Mercedes Turbo diesel engine and the handy reverse camera. Plus you can fit into National Park campsites. - The fact when you park, you don't need to level Vita as the fridge runs off the inverter. So easy to set up after along day on the road. - The QUEEN Island Bed, comfy and perfect for a couple. - Vita's self sufficiency - 200 Watts solar power, double batteries and an Inverter. Go without plug in power limitless. (you will need to refill your water though and empty your grey and black! :-) - The electric awning - Being WIFI connected at most places with the Winegard and the Mercedes hotspot. You will dislike - Nothing. Treat Vita well, do all the services and fix the small issues that arise from time to time like at home and you will have the perfect companion to all your adventures for many years to come.
- Dawn Churchill, California

2021-05-08 2020 Winnebago Vita 24P View Listings

Bought at beginning of Covid, great price, especially now. We had previously owned an Itasca Navion, 2011. Quality with the Vita was much less unfortunately. Lots of errant staples, the ventilation kept blowing out insulation. Cheap materials. The interior was more like a bland apartment or study hall than the whimsical feel of the Navion. It was apparent to me that they had worked hard to make this model less attractive since it competed heavily with the View/Navion. The layout was spacious, lots of storage, LED lights, solar charging, all worked well. The TV was only OK, sound was horrible but played with the settings and it became much better. Bought a trickle charger for the coach battery over winter. Had lots of problems with the Black tank. Difficulty with the valve. Apparently the run with the cable controlling the valve was an afterthought and I wound up with a mess on my hands and feet literally several times! Thanks to blogs I mostly figured it out but it is very difficult to manage. If there is one area where you want NO problems, it is dumping the black tank. The house door did not seal well at the bottom and moderate noise came up through the bottom. Winterization procedure was not exactly like the manual. Need more detailed information in the manual but again I figured it out. The cab HOWLED in the wind driving above 50 mph. It was extremely annoying and I could not find the cause. Tried some things with duct tape but nothing helped. I tried to find out if there was a fix but never found a solution. VERY LOUD and ANNOYING. No problems with the Mercedes chassis. 2 recalls. Dealer was great. Mileage was 12-16, around 14 was typical. Overall a solid performer, not a dazzler. They called me last week from the dealership and I sold it back to them for 10,000 more than I paid for it. And I felt neither a sense of sorrow or relief. It was in excellent shape. I had been in "like" not in "love".
- Lee Robak, New Mexico

2021-01-30 2020 Winnebago Vita 24P View Listings

We bought this unit new in July 2020. Overall, we love it. We did a 4 week / 6,000 mile round trip our first time out. It's easy to drive, got great gas mileage, comfortable,and lots of storage. We did have some issues that you should be aware of if purchasing: main issue - LOTS of leaks. Apparently some of the water lines have incorrect clamps (pex clamps on non-pex tubing ). This caused quite a few problems -basically every waterline leaked. There was also a hole drilled through the floor into the wheel well (under the trap door in the wardrobe near the bathroom) Numerous people in a Vita group have also discovered the same thing and while some were plugged, many weren't - make sure the one you are looking at is (I have NO IDEA in the world why this hole would be there - but our camper got flooded while driving on the highway in the rain). Another issue was what we thought was a nail sticking up under the floor was actually a piece of wood under the floor, so the floor had to be taken up - vacuumed and re-sealed. Overall, while we love the camper, we have found the quality control department seems to be lacking. We had a couple more minor issues, but suffice it to say that all the issues we had were caused by someone not doing their job properly. We just got our unit back today after being back at the dealer for 3 MONTHS! Frustrating, but hopefully now we can enjoy it. Just be mindful of the issues we had and you should be good!
- Sandy P, Massachusetts

2020-09-20 2020 Winnebago Vita 24P View Listings

The Winne 24P is only 24 foot long but has everything we need. It is Great when we extend the PopOut as it becomes very Big and Spacious. The mileage the Diesel gets is always above 14 MPG. Even when we Boondock the tanks last at least 4 days and with the solar the batteries stay full. The coach is well built.
- Toby Payne, Arizona